PDA

View Full Version : Last Rate My Ruby Team....for now.

Killer_Flygon
19th September 2006, 3:19 PM
Okay after much though and much effort I decided to scrap my whole plans about a certain team I was going to make and decision to try my had at this team I alway wanted to do, a dragon/monster/dino looking team. Yes I know it's weird but I alway wanted to make a team based on a theme of dragon/monster/dinosaur looking pokemon, weird huh?..........well anyway let's get to the team at hand.

Sceptile@Leftover
Nature: Timid or Modest
-Leaf Blade
-HP Ice(really prefer this over Thunderpunch, but if I can't get it I settle for it)
-Leech Seed
-Substitute

Salamence@Leftover
Nature: Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Aerial Ace
-Rock Slide or HP Rock(just to be original)
-Earthquake

Milotic@Leftover(already EV trained this on)
Nature: Bold
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Charizard@Petaya Berry/Salac Berry
Nature: Timid or Modest
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Claw
-HP Grass/Toxic/something else
-Sunny Day

and that's my team and/or so to be team just need two more pokemon were I have a few in mind like:

Armadlo
Tyranitar
Steelix
Aerodactyl
Flygon
and any pokeon that looks like a dragon, dinosaur, or godzilla like creature. I really need some help with their EV spread and pokey fill-ins.

aragornbird
19th September 2006, 4:37 PM
EVs:

Sceptile: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Salamence: 144 HP/252 Atk/112 Spd (or enough for 264 Spd)
Charizard: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd

Steelix would be a great addition – Electric immunity and Normal/Flying resist.

SpaceOdd
19th September 2006, 4:41 PM
Hi I think it looks like a fun team, personally I like a all the intermediate group pokemon.

Sceptile@Leftover
Nature: Timid or Modest/ 252 speed maybe half in sp. attack and sp. defence a bit like Jumpluff EV set up?
-Leaf Blade
-HP Ice,Thunderpunch- HP Ice if you can get use it
-Leech Seed
-Substitute

Salamence@lefteovers/choiceband
Nature: Adamant/ 252 speed and Attack- might need a bit altering for Dragon Dance
-Dragon Dance/Fire blast- He has a useable special even with that nature
-Aerial Ace
-Rock Slide or HP Rock(just to be original)
-Earthquake

Milotic@Leftover(already EV trained this on)
Nature: Bold
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Charizard@Petaya Berry/Salac Berry
Nature: Timid or Modest/ 252 in both sp. attack and speed
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Claw
-HP Grass/Toxic/Counter- might shock someone, who is bit cocky.
-Sunny Day

Stellix@leftovers
Impish EV/ 200 HP, 180 Defence, left over in attack
Toxic
Earthquake
Roar
Rock Slide/ HP Steel

I thought Steelix might cover the defence side of your team, since Milotic has your Sp. Defence. I am not a great fan of his move set though.

I think it looks okay what I have suggested, someone with better knowledge on EVs might help you better.

Killer_Flygon
19th September 2006, 7:22 PM
Aragron~ Thanks for the spreads there and I think a Steelix would great for team too.

SpaceOdd~I think your suggestion are quite good and never though about putting counter on Charizard, sound crazy enough to work.

SpaceOdd
19th September 2006, 8:52 PM
Thanks, I tried a simlair set on Typlosion while back and worked every now and then.

I didn't think of it at the time but seismic toss would be anouther decent filler move for doing more stable damage, though it's probally not worth considering, if your happy with counter.

Killer_Flygon
25th September 2006, 4:56 PM
No Seismic Toss sound like a great idea too, but then I'm more of a open-minded person which it come to suggestions.

Edit: Today
----------------
Double posting yay =B well anyway it seem that I'm alittle stuck with a sixth member and can't decide on which pokey to stick in. I'm thinking of sticking another dragon in there, but I'm thinking of adding a Seviper or an Armadlo into my team. What's a great EV spread for a Seviper and/or Armadlo? Also I'm thinking of abandoning my pursuit of HP Ice and just giving Sceptile Thunder Punch.

SHUCKLE MAN
25th September 2006, 8:03 PM
I know that Subseeding is awesome, but using an all out special sweeping Sceptile is also good.
Leaf Blade
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Thunderpunch/Hidden Power Fire/Ice

aragornbird
25th September 2006, 8:46 PM
I'm thinking of sticking another dragon in there, but I'm thinking of adding a Seviper or an Armadlo into my team. What's a great EV spread for a Seviper and/or Armadlo?

Seviper @ Leftovers/Choice Band
Naughty/Lonely Nature
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd / 56 SAtk
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain/Crunch

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
EVs: 180 HP / 152 Atk / 176 Def
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide/Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Killer_Flygon
26th September 2006, 12:10 AM
Shuckle Man~That works too, but I want to see how good this SubSeeding is in-game. Maybe after I test it out abit I'll try that set.

Hmm........that Seviper set looks promising, might use that.

Shadow Tyranitar
26th September 2006, 12:25 AM
Flamethrower on seviper is not really needed. It does have EQ for steel types, but then again, steel types have high defense. But there is only 2 solid steel types that aren't joined to something that makes flamethorwer NVE. I would just not go with it on him. EQ does the job anyway. Get what I'm saying????

Seviper @ leftovers
lonely/brave (neither screw with his other attack stat)

Sludge Bomb (STAB)
EQ (rock ans steel types carrying ground type moves)
Giga drain (ground type weakness)
Crunch (psychic type weakness)

squirtleboy12
26th September 2006, 12:40 AM
how did you envolve your milotic?i mean isn bold suppose to be for though pokemon

Shadow Tyranitar
26th September 2006, 1:07 AM
you evolve milotic raising its beauty contest stat. That last part???

Killer_Flygon
26th September 2006, 1:27 AM
Shadow Tyranitar~I get what you're saying, I mean the only two steel types that make Flamethrower Neutral are Aggron and Diglia(spelling), one of which isn't even released yet and the other dies by Earthquake's hand, but I think it's used for pokemon like Skarmory and pokemon that are resist to his other attacks.

Squirtleboy12~Like what Shadow Tyranitar said.