PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Mew Mew

Uzumaki Naruto
19th September 2006, 6:06 PM
Does anyone here besides me read Tokyo Mew Mew? I think it's one of the best manga series ever created! How about you?

Sailor Merury
19th September 2006, 9:16 PM
I LOVE IT! IT'S THE COOLEST THING EVER! I've read every single manga of it ever created.

Xiang
19th September 2006, 9:28 PM
It's cool, but I hate its bad points:

Aoyama and Ichigo blow out all the other couples, so they seem like a Mary-Sue. I still like this couple though, but since the other couples have no chance against this one...

The freaky eyelash stuff in the style o-o Their eyelashes can become super long and thick. It just scares me

But it's a well made manga nonetheless and I recommend it to everybody D:

Favorite Character: Mint
Favorite Couple: Tart and Pudding

Vixie
19th September 2006, 9:28 PM
I've read the entire series of Tokyo Mew Mew, but I have only read one volume of the sequal, Tokyo Mew Mew a la Mode. It's a cute series. :)

Battra
19th September 2006, 10:06 PM
Definetly one of my favoritmanga series

Uzumaki Naruto
19th September 2006, 11:31 PM
I've read every single manga of it ever created.
Same here. ^_^

Cutiebunny
20th September 2006, 1:12 AM
Cute, but it lacks plot depth.

I liked the manga when I first saw it in an issue of Nakayoshi back in 2001. When I read it, I was disappointed to see that it did not feature a deep plot line.

Fave Mew - Berry.

Sailor Merury
20th September 2006, 3:50 PM
No offense, but I didn't like how their was another Mew. It got me so mad.

Tim the turtle
20th September 2006, 7:59 PM
It's an incredibly cute series, however I often find that there's too much going on at once in the images and it gets hard to follow when loads of random chibi's pop up everywhere. Still it's quite good. I have the first 2 volumes.

Vycksta
21st September 2006, 12:55 PM
Just gotten into this series. It's rather Sailor Moon-esque, as the Mews transform into "fancy" costumes and say attacks like the scouts did. Plus Ichigo reminds me a lot of Usagi/Serena... constantly looking for love, taking all hints as something romantic etc etc. Plus I love Ichigo's bickering with Mint. Zakuro is the major win though... just love the girl.

Favourite character: Zakuro by far.
Favourite pairing: Mint x Zakuro. You know you love it too.

hollynoel
21st September 2006, 11:17 PM
I like it too. It's not complicated so I read through it pretty quickly. (Both Tokyo Mew Mew and A la Mode)

I don't think Mew Berry and Tasuku got enough time. And the rest really didn't either.

I really like Tasuku the best. Zakuro is seond.

Sailor Merury
22nd September 2006, 1:29 AM
Tasuku? Oh him. I like him, but not Berry. Anyone know if A la Mode is on TV?

LordTerminal
22nd September 2006, 4:04 PM
It's not. Probably for the best after what 4Kids did to the initial anime. Unlike Sailor Moon, who I grew to regret subjecting myself too in the past, I'm actually okay with Tokyo Mew Mew. Except for the aliens. Why must nearly every anime have aliens who look like humans with "elf ears" syndrome. (Although I must admit, Kish has his moments. Especially when he goes crazy against the Blue Knight)

Ride_Ze_Shoopuf
22nd September 2006, 4:34 PM
I read the series when I got into manga. But now it's not really my thing. I'm actually thinking of selling it. The ending was horrible in my opinion. It was the most clishe thing I have ever read. >_<

Eh, each to their own.

Sailor Merury
23rd September 2006, 8:37 PM
It's not. Probably for the best after what 4Kids did to the initial anime. Unlike Sailor Moon, who I grew to regret subjecting myself too in the past, I'm actually okay with Tokyo Mew Mew. Except for the aliens. Why must nearly every anime have aliens who look like humans with "elf ears" syndrome. (Although I must admit, Kish has his moments. Especially when he goes crazy against the Blue Knight)

I feel the oppisite. I like seeing Sailor Moon in English, but I ABSOLUTELY HATE Mew Mew Power. I wish the person who made 4kids never exisisted! I'll e-mail them a complaint.

Kimori
24th September 2006, 4:52 AM
I haven't read the manga of TMM, I've only seen the anime. D: I hope to read the manga once I get money. However, I have read Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode. <3 I think it's pretty good, but I'm not sure I like the new characters. Ichigo is cooler then Beri, in my opinion. :P

I feel the oppisite. I like seeing Sailor Moon in English, but I ABSOLUTELY HATE Mew Mew Power. I wish the person who made 4kids never exisisted! I'll e-mail them a complaint.

Try watching the original version. You may like it better. :)

Favorite Character: Ichigo

Vycksta
25th September 2006, 7:26 PM
I've only ever seen one episode of Mew Mew Power, wasn't impressed. Then again, I have always prefered the manga to the anime has not as much have been taken out of the mangas, if hardly any.

Uzumaki Naruto
1st October 2006, 12:43 AM
Favorite Character: Mint
Favorite Couple: Tart and Pudding
My favorite Mews are Purin and Zakuro, and my favorite couple is TarutoxPurin.

Xiang
5th October 2006, 10:24 PM
4kids haters need to loosen up. They aren't all THAT bad.

"OMG lets kill 4kids for making such a bad dub!!"

What is so bad about it?

If its the voices, how about YOU actually fix the problem and be the voice actor if you don't like them THAT much.
If its the editing, let's rate this show teen.
If you just like to hate random people, I think that's a legitimate reason.

I'm not saying I LIKE 4kids o-o I think they exaggerated the personalities of the characters too much, but it made them look less like nice-people-clones. Ichigo *orcoughZoeycough* became a prep, Mint *coughCorinacough* was overly snobby, Zakuro *coughweirdnameforhercough* was not as nice. Everything else was pretty much okay.

Favorite couple: Tart and Pudding! I even claimed it <3
Favorite character: Mint. Dub watchers don't seem to like her.

Uzumaki Naruto
6th October 2006, 12:48 PM
4kids haters need to loosen up. They aren't all THAT bad.
Not that bad?! Have you seen what they did to Sonic X? They completely destroyed it! In fact, they've destroyed every single anime show they've gotten their hands on! The only thing I like about them is their website. At least they're able to do something right.

kawaii*ninja
7th October 2006, 2:11 PM
I have only read one of the manga's for that and i think its awesome! I want to go out and by more, but when it was poot on t.v. I think they ruend it -_-

Vycksta
12th October 2006, 11:59 PM
Not many people are fans of the dub. I'm not impressed wither. They could have kept the original names for Hell's sake. I refuse to call Zakuro that name... *shudders*

Uzumaki Naruto
13th October 2006, 12:56 AM
I refuse to call Zakuro that name... *shudders*
*Sly grin* Oh, you mean Renee'?

MangoTails
13th October 2006, 5:53 AM
Oh I love Tokyo Mew Mew! :D I have all of the mangas as well.. But I think I prefer the anime to the manga as it goes a little more in depth of the characters than the manga did.

Though, I cannot stand Mew Mew Power. I watched Tokyo Mew Mew in subbed form right before the dub was aired on TV, I was very disappointed when I saw that not only did they change the characters names, but also changed their personalities. o_O It was terrible.

Tokyo Mew Mew a la Mode wasn't good at all really, it was way too short to have any kind of real plot, so the whole thing felt really rushed.

Vycksta
13th October 2006, 7:35 PM
*Sly grin* Oh, you mean Renee'?*insert shuddering of the highest degree* I hate that name so much. x.X

Concerning A La Mode, I have not read that so I cannot give a comment. However I do know that some people cannot stand Berry as she replaced Ichigo, yadda yadda.

Uzumaki Naruto
13th October 2006, 9:37 PM
*insert shuddering of the highest degree* I hate that name so much. x.X
XD Yeah, I always thought that was an odd name to give her. I've never heard of a singer/actress/model named Renee'.

I watched Tokyo Mew Mew in subbed form right before the dub was aired on TV, I was very disappointed when I saw that not only did they change the characters names, but also changed their personalities. o_O It was terrible.
Unfortunately, I watched the dub before reading the manga. So when I bought Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode (the first TMM manga (and manga) I got), I was really confused about the names. It wasn't until a little while later did I find out that those were their real names.

littlestchristian13
14th October 2006, 12:10 AM
Yeah! I read it. I love UCHA! it's adorable! and Retasu is my fav!

Sailor Merury
14th October 2006, 12:55 AM
Oh I love Tokyo Mew Mew! :D I have all of the mangas as well.. But I think I prefer the anime to the manga as it goes a little more in depth of the characters than the manga did.

Though, I cannot stand Mew Mew Power. I watched Tokyo Mew Mew in subbed form right before the dub was aired on TV, I was very disappointed when I saw that not only did they change the characters names, but also changed their personalities. o_O It was terrible.

Tokyo Mew Mew a la Mode wasn't good at all really, it was way too short to have any kind of real plot, so the whole thing felt really rushed.

At last! Someone who agrees!

Vycksta
14th October 2006, 12:55 PM
XD Yeah, I always thought that was an odd name to give her. I've never heard of a singer/actress/model named Renee'.I don't know why they changed the names anyway, they were good/original. Plus I prefer the original name to the dub names by far. Maybe cause i'm a manga lover more than an anime one.

Uzumaki Naruto
14th October 2006, 7:40 PM
I don't know why they changed the names anyway, they were good/original.
I know. That's one of the reasons I hate 4Kids.

Plus I prefer the original name to the dub names by far.
So do I. The original names are just perfect for the characters. I just don't understand why 4Kids does this to our anime. They once said that the original version of anime shows are only for adults. When I read that, I wanted to wring them dry.

Vycksta
14th October 2006, 10:57 PM
4Kids seem to wreck a lot of things, changing names, cutting bits out and all that. Come on, Ichigo, Mint, Zakuro, Lettuce, Pudding... I see nothing offensive about their names unless they hold oh em gee hidden meanings! :/

Sailor Merury
14th October 2006, 11:06 PM
I know. I only know 2 things that in English were kept completely origanal. Full Moon and Galaxy Angel.

Uzumaki Naruto
15th October 2006, 6:56 PM
I see nothing offensive about their names unless they hold oh em gee hidden meanings! :/
There isn't anything wrong with the names. I'll even put what each of their names mean down.

Name: Ichigo Momomiya
Name Meaning: Strawberry Peach Shrine

Name: Mint Aizawa (Minto Aizawa)
Name Meaning: Mint Indigo Creek/Valley

Name: Lettuce Midorikawa (Retasu Midorikawa)
Name Meaning: Lettuce Green River

Name: Pudding Fong (Purin Fon)
Name Meaning: Pudding Golden Bell (in Chinese)

Name: Zakuro Fujiwara
Name Meaning: Pomegranate Wisteria Field

See? There's nothing wrong with their names. 4Kids just likes to irk us, I guess.

Ryuu-Anima
23rd October 2006, 1:41 AM
FOR THE WIN> Al A Mode was fun, but Berry (I'm used to the TokyoPop american spellings, deal.) was jsut too much of a Mary Sue. I mean, come ON, the newbie becoming leader?

But anyway, I always liked the original series, it was the second manga I ever read. The ending was a tad cliché, though. I can understand the alternate pysche of Deep BLue taking the form of Masaya as a disquise, but why the Blue Knight? And if the Mew Aquas originated on Earth, how could there be one inside Deep Blue/Masaya? unless he is REAAALLLY old, and was like the last of Kisshu's people to be born on Earth. Which isn't likely, unless they have exceedingly long lifespans.

And by the way, IchigoxKishu forever.

Uzumaki Naruto
23rd October 2006, 2:17 AM
And by the way, IchigoxKishu forever.
I personally like MasayaxIchigo.

Ryuu-Anima
24th October 2006, 12:21 AM
MasayaxIchigo may be the canon pairing, but he's just too perfect for her. She needs someone who will stand up against his people for her... oh... wait... Masaya stood up against himself to protect her, didn't he? Um.. give me a few days, and I'll figure out why I prefer Kisshu over Masaya.... aside from the fact that it makes for really good humor....

Uzumaki Naruto
29th October 2006, 11:04 PM
Um.. give me a few days, and I'll figure out why I prefer Kisshu over Masaya.... aside from the fact that it makes for really good humor....
It's been almost a week. Have you figured it out yet?

Ryuu-Anima
1st November 2006, 12:01 PM
;.; Nooo... I think it's just that one of my Stalkees on DA, KrysofDeath, is a IchigoxKisshu supporter, so i picked it up from her.

Oh, wait, I know! They're equally spastic!

Kimori
1st November 2006, 10:27 PM
I can see why some people ship IchigoxKisshu. ^^ He does give her a kiss in one of the early episodes, afterall. ;D However,

When Kish returns to his home planet, he finally accepts the fact that Ichigo loves Masaya.

That's why I'm a bigger supporter of IchigoxMasaya. ^^

KyonKyon
2nd November 2006, 11:00 AM
i've seen tokyo mew mew on tv, looks over-the-top cute and 4kids destroyed it with NEW names. Not my cup of tea, infact I DONT LIKE TEA *throws tea on floor*

Luxuria
2nd November 2006, 1:20 PM
I've only read A La Mode #2 but it's a very cute manga.
Pudding, Mint and Berry are my favourites.
I think the reason 4 Kids! changed the names are because some 6 year old girls are going to be asking "Why are these girls named after food and candy."

Cutiebunny
2nd November 2006, 4:29 PM
Tokyo Mewmew was rather lackluster, not only in the manga but the anime as well. It lacked the plot depth that many shoujo animes are well known for, and because of that, I was not a fan of it.

Tokyo Mewmew A la Mode was rather shortlived due to its unpopularity in Japan. The arrival of Berry is what really marked the series' decline.

Vycksta
2nd November 2006, 11:11 PM
There isn't anything wrong with the names. I'll even put what each of their names mean down.

Name: Ichigo Momomiya
Name Meaning: Strawberry Peach Shrine

Name: Mint Aizawa (Minto Aizawa)
Name Meaning: Mint Indigo Creek/Valley

Name: Lettuce Midorikawa (Retasu Midorikawa)
Name Meaning: Lettuce Green River

Name: Pudding Fong (Purin Fon)
Name Meaning: Pudding Golden Bell (in Chinese)

Name: Zakuro Fujiwara
Name Meaning: Pomegranate Wisteria Field

See? There's nothing wrong with their names. 4Kids just likes to irk us, I guess.Most definitely. Unless they find fruit offensive!

... and seeing as people are talking about Ichigo shippings, I like Ichigo x Mint. Opposites attract for the win please and thanks and I got enough hints from the first chapter of the manga to last me a lifetime. Even if I do prefer Mint with Zakuro by miles.

akane_rose
3rd November 2006, 3:30 AM
rose: I've read all the mangas of Tokyo Mew Mew and thought they were awesome!!! though I'm still questiong Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode. personally I thought it was short lived in just introducing Berry. I kind of found it pointless, considering the Rose Crusade or whoever they were didn't really do much evil stuff. well, except get all of Tokyo to hate Berry. which is an accomplishment all in its self. never saw villians actually do that before!! xD oh and I like the pairings Ichigo/Kisshu and Puddin/Taruto!!!

Ryuu-Anima
4th November 2006, 11:36 AM
I can see why some people ship IchigoxKisshu. ^^ He does give her a kiss in one of the early episodes, afterall. ;D However,
When Kish returns to his home planet, he finally accepts the fact that Ichigo loves Masaya.

I'm very aware of what happens at the end. However, even though he accepted thier love, that doesn't mean he doesn't still carry a torch. Beside,s he was willing to go against his savior to protect the woman that he loved. That has to say something, right?

By the way, how is Masaya pronouced? Is it like Messiah?

akane_rose: I have been wondering why the Saint Rose Crusaders didn't do much evil, too. Theres also the question if thier leader is a guy or a girl, but...

akane_rose
6th November 2006, 1:57 AM
rose: when the leader was revealed in the last volume (even though there were only two), the leader of the Saint Rose Crusader looked like a woman.

Uzumaki Naruto
6th November 2006, 3:59 PM
Most definitely. Unless they find fruit offensive!
They probably do. They find the stupidest things offensive, such as the word "kill." I've never heard any of the characters on any of their shows say it, and you're not allowed to say it on their site.

Ryuu-Anima
6th November 2006, 8:47 PM
akane_rose: Yeah, I know that, but the figure is that of a man, or at least a very flat girl.

Cutiebunny
6th November 2006, 9:34 PM
I'm very aware of what happens at the end. However, even though he accepted thier love, that doesn't mean he doesn't still carry a torch. Beside,s he was willing to go against his savior to protect the woman that he loved. That has to say something, right?

By the way, how is Masaya pronouced? Is it like Messiah?

akane_rose: I have been wondering why the Saint Rose Crusaders didn't do much evil, too. Theres also the question if thier leader is a guy or a girl, but...

Masaya - "MAH-sigh-yaa"

Because the St. Rose Crusaders' plot line was cut short because of Mew Berry's unpopularity. There were plans to release a second anime season of TMM, but, due to wanning popularity, it was axed.

Neko Godot
9th November 2006, 4:28 AM
I'd love to read this series, as one of the main characters is a catgirl! Meow! ^^

akane_rose
9th November 2006, 4:41 AM
akane_rose: Yeah, I know that, but the figure is that of a man, or at least a very flat girl.
rose: hmm... *looks at pic again. turns manga at an angle* hmm... from my prospective the leader looks like a chick. then again... *turns manga at another angle* it can be a guy, but I think I saw some very small lumps... >.>

Vycksta
10th November 2006, 10:18 PM
They probably do. They find the stupidest things offensive, such as the word "kill." I've never heard any of the characters on any of their shows say it, and you're not allowed to say it on their site.The thing is... and this goes with a lot of dubbed animes and whatnot as well... is that America can be way too sensitive (( No offence to any Americans )). Japan have no restrictions and their childen haven't grown up to be sex obsessed, cuss word saying sadists.

This is a random comment to say that Zakuro owns all.

Uzumaki Naruto
11th November 2006, 12:54 AM
Yes, well, that is just how Japanese people are. Americans are different when it comes to personality. The Japanese children might not become like that, but it's possible that American children will. That's why limits are set by parents and companies that own the anime show.

4Kids, on the other hand, just cuts random scenes out of shows. Almost none of the scenes they cut out or edit have anything bad in them. They don't care about the criticizm they get or about what we want. As long as they get paid, they're happy.

Sapphire Skitty
13th November 2006, 12:42 AM
I love the series. I still have to read volumes 6 & 7, but I've read the rest and A La Mode. I HATE the anime though, it totally ruined the series. I hated how they changed the names in the dubbed, I thought it was cute how they were named after food. =3

Anyways, Pudding and Berry = Awesome

Vycksta
22nd November 2006, 7:03 PM
^ I never thought i'd say this, but woah! A Berry fan! I'm sorry, I am just used to her getting tons of stick. xD

4Kids, on the other hand, just cuts random scenes out of shows. Almost none of the scenes they cut out or edit have anything bad in them. They don't care about the criticizm they get or about what we want. As long as they get paid, they're happy.Not only that, but cutting the scenes out often leaves the episode all "bit-part" and therefore making it senseless in a way. :B

Uzumaki Naruto
22nd November 2006, 9:18 PM
Not only that, but cutting the scenes out often leaves the episode all "bit-part" and therefore making it senseless in a way. :B
Yes, exactly. *Nods*