PDA

View Full Version : Serebii Advanced

dunddom
21st September 2006, 12:33 AM
I just thought, what if serebii went a litttle "advance." By that I mean, making more things, like a PHP RPG, it will be cool, and it will attract even more members and so on, what do you guys think?

Imagine it though, it would be pretty cool, it will have original things. The good thing is I'm actually experinced, I also made a RPG with a friend of mine, if you want, I can post the link.

Savage X
21st September 2006, 12:55 AM
Nah, I wouldn't like it. This should be in the suggestion thread too

-Espacio-
21st September 2006, 12:58 AM
I like the idea, very cool, but I don't think that it would happen. But there is a chance sometime in the future:D

~*Oliver*~

dunddom
21st September 2006, 1:05 AM
Anything is possible with PHP ;). Here look at an example: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=3504122#post3504122 .

Pokefan John
21st September 2006, 4:17 AM
I, being the simple-minded forum browser I am, am intimidated by things like PHP RPG, though I can guess the latter is role-playing game. I used to play an online game awhile ago, but it added a huge amount of content after it got out of beta testing, and I guess I was just a little overwhelmed when used to simpler things.

Keep It Simple Stupid ;)

Heck though, maybe I'm the only one who doesn't understand a lot of it though. Just my two cents.

dunddom
22nd September 2006, 1:34 AM
For me, I they should. It would complete serebii. It is actually very easy, you make sessions, and add few sql codes and IF's and done.

chester
22nd September 2006, 1:48 AM
Meh, It's Serebii's decision, and I trust him

Ledian_X
22nd September 2006, 2:31 AM
We did have video games you could play on the site. It ended up choking the server to death. I don't think Joe wants to step in that bear trap again.

LX

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~
22nd September 2006, 2:35 AM
The sites good as it is, though that is a good idea. I just go to Bulbagarden if I want to play the arcade games.

Locke Yggdrasill
22nd September 2006, 3:05 AM
Uh....no? Where's your head, lad? You might want to check all of the previous failures of ideas, sum them up, and see if your idea fits in anywhere, which it does. Albeit "anything" is possible with php, it's a bad idea for this site.

Ninjit
22nd September 2006, 4:47 AM
SPP is not going to be the next Pokemon Crater. -.-
Basically, the idea of Serebii.net is to provide information quickly, not for silly games, etc.. Take a look at Pokemon Crater. It's despised by many and I don't want Serebii.net to go that way too and neither do most people here.

chester
22nd September 2006, 5:33 AM
Exactly. SPP is used for info. Games slow a site down, and that is not what SPP needs.

Arbok
22nd September 2006, 5:45 AM
I just thought, what if serebii went a litttle "advance." By that I mean, making more things, like a PHP RPG, it will be cool, and it will attract even more members and so on,......

Do you think Serebii needs more members? Of course it needs, but SPPf is getting enough members even without a RPG.

chester
22nd September 2006, 11:21 AM
O RLY!!! only 14, 594 members. Yeah, SPPf has enough already.

Moeteimasu Umi
22nd September 2006, 11:41 AM
Also if serebii didnt make so much rules for the RPG there would be more members i know about 20 people that went from serebii to PE2K just because of the RPG and other forums rules

chester
22nd September 2006, 11:53 AM
That would make it 14, 974 members. No real difference

deosys
22nd September 2006, 12:08 PM
SPP is not going to be the next Pokemon Crater. -.-
Basically, the idea of Serebii.net is to provide information quickly, not for silly games, etc.. Take a look at Pokemon Crater. It's despised by many and I don't want Serebii.net to go that way too and neither do most people here.

I agree with Ninjit, because look at Pokemon Crater it is full of noobies

ΑпGЗ ♠
23rd September 2006, 5:38 AM
Aren't the text RPGs good enough for you? >_>

Torkoal Stu
23rd September 2006, 9:03 AM
Also if serebii didnt make so much rules for the RPG there would be more members i know about 20 people that went from serebii to PE2K just because of the RPG and other forums rules
Lol rules are the foundation of civilized Pokemon discussions.

If we had no rules, there would be smilie abuse, flaming (and other things) to a much larger degree than there is already.

And they aren't that bad the rules, it prevents spam in the RPG Section for sure.

h0tsh0tz
23rd September 2006, 4:34 PM
Um, no, I don't think it would be a good idea, but if Joe, the owner of this site, were to allow it, then he would have to upgrade the server to bigger size and the cost.

shiron
23rd September 2006, 5:13 PM
hmm ive been on many rpgs and some forums i think this forum would be better without it