PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Avatar of Woe

~RaikouRider243~
22nd September 2006, 5:36 PM
http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/PR/en-us/Card24621.jpg

Prophecy rare, Time Spiral bonus reprint

6BB: Creature - Avatar

If there are ten or more creatures total in all graveyards, Avatar of Woe costs 6 less to play.

Fear

T: Destroy target creature. It can't be regenerated.

6/5

---

Wow, and I thought Time Spiral was going to be insane BEFORE I heard the reprint news. Guess what, Avvy's legal for standard again come Time Spiral's release. And so are tons of other classic icons... like Akroma, Angel of Wrath.

4/5

The_Darkness_Incarnate
22nd September 2006, 11:32 PM
It's good an solid, but a bit overcosted until you hit ten creatures in the graveyard. But nevertheless, control is going to have a field day. This, if it IS stantard legal, is going to be the saving grace of solar flare, or might make a good UB control deck all on its own. Fear+Visara in the same card with a 6/5 body? Sign me up.

3/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
23rd September 2006, 3:14 AM
This is sick. Just keep putting creatures in the graveyard, and when you put this down, start killing creatures, and when they're all gone, give 'em one good swing. That hurts. Ow.

4/5.

~RaikouRider243~
23rd September 2006, 5:03 AM
This is sick. Just keep putting creatures in the graveyard

You just made me think how scary this card would be in Dimir or Rakdos. @_@

And yes, Wizards has confirmed that the Timeshifted cards WILL be standard legal. Time Spiral can be viewed in Gatherer.

~RaikouRider243~
23rd September 2006, 5:40 AM
http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/TSB/en-us/Card109754.jpg

NICOL BOLAS

Legends rare, Chronicles rare, Time Spiral "Timeshifted" reprint

2UUBBRR: Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon

Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Nicol Bolas unless you pay UBR.
Whenever Nicol Bolas deals damage to an opponent, that player discards his or her hand.

7/7

I know I'm posting this early but I won't be here tomorrow, so...

He's way overcosted to be played in standard, but he's so fun for casual. If he hits you, you drop your hand. Simple as that. And it isn't combat damage either, so you can have fun strapping Hypervolt Grasp/Freed from the Real on him. He's overpriced and way color intensive but fun.

1.5/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
24th September 2006, 4:13 PM
He's overpriced and fun. Nuff said.

And RR, shouldn't you be starting a new topic? XD

2/5.

Naki Feralkin
24th September 2006, 7:34 PM
Avatar of Woe is just plain evil.. Its annoying that my friend bought one for its full price BEFORE it becomes legal in two weeks. Whats even worse is I know exactly where hes putting it.

....This card IS evil in Dimir/Rakdos, or even an assassin oriented deck.

4.5/5

The_Darkness_Incarnate
24th September 2006, 8:28 PM
Hello reanimation. If we see anything remotely like Buried Alive ANYWHERE, this card will begin to break standard. Though it IS a bit slow for Rakdos, IMO. I see it in Dimir, but not in a BR aggro deck, or even control.