PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Quest Discussion

VampirateMace
27th September 2006, 7:01 AM
Elemental Quest Discussion

This is the discussion thread for Elemental Quest. Here you may discuss the RPG, and ask questions about players and the world so that they do not clutter up the main thread. Remember this is not intended to be a chat thread so your posts should be relevant.

Glossary:

Chii types:

Fire- Fire chii usually appear as flames or salamanders. While fire chii create flaming weapons the side affects of use may include chii-device being to hot to handle with bare hands.

Water- Water chii usually appears as water drops or water critters. May appears as nymphs. They tend to like being used in chii-devices and may seek out humans. There is however a water nymph chii who is reported to drown humans. Water chii are very useful to farming chii-devices, they can however be used to make non-lethal weapons such as water cannons.

Grass- Grass chii usually appear as plants or seeds. May appears as nymphs. Do not have much use in non-farming chii-devices.

Earth(Rock/Metal)- Earth chii usually appear as stones or bugs. Tend to avoid humans and do not like being used in chii-devices. However when used in a chii-device weapon, the weapon it is greatly reinforced.

Wind- Wind chii usually appear as bats, bugs or birds. Very hard to catch, but will allow the used to fly for a brief time with certain chii-devices.

Decay- Decay chii usually appear as mushrooms. They are very dangerous and should be avoided. They often cause very harmful side effects. They are however very friendly and like to help people. Often during the wet seasons they can be heard singing in the forests.

Classes:

Nobles (Lords/Ladies)- Leaders of the people, originally intended for the good of the people most nobles are now corrupt. Nobles usually do not have chii-devices, but rather talismans that contain the souls of their ancestors. These spirits may help them on their quest.

Guardians- These are non-human beings that protect a place, item or other being. They are regarded with great respect.

Wizards/Witches- Magic users infused with elemental power, they do not need chii-devices or chii to use elemental magic. They cannot use non-elemental spells like sorcerers can. They usually have a staff to amplify their power rather than a chii-device. They may also carry a flying broom. Both Wizards and Sorcerers inherit their magic. Wizards, unlike sorcerers have great logic, and often make puzzles to test one another’s skills. May be settled or wanders who come to a village on Quest Day.

Sorcerers- Magic users who use non-elemental spells. They can however work staffs, gauntlets and wands with the help of chii to do elemental spells. Both Wizards and Sorcerers inherit their magic. Sorcerers have little logic, particularly in the area of math, so they are not allowed to handle money. Common belief is a sorcerer with logic would do something stupid and destroy the earth, because they have magic, but are not attuned to nature.

Healers- Healers are usually non-humans, class wise they fall between Sorcerers and Monks, making them respected members of the community, but not necessarily rich. Sense water is connected with healing; they will often have the ability to cast water spells. This is one of the few classes beings are allowed to switch into.

Nature Soother- A non-human class that deals with spirits of the wild and animals. May befriend animals

Monks- Religious leaders trained in fighting. Monks are however not sent to protect the town unless all warriors are dead, instead they train the warriors, mind, body and soul. Common chii-devices are enchanted books or bo (fighting staff, not to be confused with magic staff). Monks and warriors often receive free food from villagers.

Warriors- Fighters trained by the monks. Most are orphans or children of parents to poor to take care of them. Common chii-devices include swords and other weapons. Monks and warriors often receive free food from villagers.

Smiths- Makers of weapons and other goods. Usually receive a chii version of a tool of their trade. A deli or a doctors’ office (the kind who’s practice involved leeches of course) also fall into this category because they make their own good/services, a pub would fall under merchant because they import wine and beer.

Farmers/Ranchers- Growers of crops and raisers of livestock. Usually receive a chii version of a tool of their trade. Can usually find food in the woods.

Bankers- Bankers are looked down upon because of their contact with everyone’s money. Their chii-devices are usually rare and expensive, and occasionally they have more than one. Always have money for supplies.

Gypsies- Wanders who get food and make money through entertainment. Come into a village for Quest Day. May have a weak form of magic. Usually have a piece of clothing or a flying broom as a chii-device. Can usually find food in the woods.

Merchants- Sellers of processed foods and rare items from other lands. Merchants are the lowest class, because they are considered greedy and do not have to inherit their position. Merchants usually do not have chii-devices because they sold them or their families/guardians were too ashamed of their choice of occupation. Often travel with an animal. See the smiths class for more info.

katiekitten
28th September 2006, 9:29 AM
Don’t know why someone without a chii device would have chii storage jars, but that’s fine.

Oops. XD I got a little confused... Would he abe able to get a storage device to have a chii? I won't change the sign up, but it would be nice if he could... I dunno. Your decision. =D

PokemonBreederChris
28th September 2006, 4:41 PM
Ok, one question, what happens if my group is inactive? Just saying, my group won't go far with two inactive players.

VampirateMace
28th September 2006, 9:10 PM
Er, Kitten, now you are confused. The jars are fine for storing chii, there's no special storage device. But nobles don't have chii devices, but rather ancestor talismans that don't run on chii, so there is no reason to store chii. If your asking if he could buy a chii device, then yes, if he has money, it looks like he plans on buying one with all those jars.

Well, Chris give them a little time, If they don't post within a few days go ahead and bunny...

katiekitten
28th September 2006, 10:16 PM
...I get it. XD I thought they might have personalities when I put in the jars... I'll make him use it for something else then. XD

Are the usual creatures in this world? Dog/Cat's ectra? Would be alright if I picked one up? *loves having creature companions* XD

Sorry about all of the questions... ^.^;;

Also... Bladewing? Could you kinda stick with the rest of us for a little while? We are kinda supposed to be working in groups, and you keep on kinda wandering off... Your post is out of the blue and completely random. And it kinda screws up the little bit of a plot line that is going on... To straighten it out, Aphrodite is getting attacked by something, and me, exiled and you, are still in the square. =D Are we going to go help? Are you the one who attacked her in the first place?

You don't have to, but it would be nice.

Pokemon Master, I know you are trying to do well, but OOC posts always need to be followed by a real post, or we run the risk of having the RP closed for unrelated posts. Please, use the PM system or the Cafe, or post. =D

VampirateMace
29th September 2006, 6:08 AM
yes, there are ussual creatures, as well as some mythical ones, and you may have a companion or two.

Bladewing's attack has been adressed already.

katiekitten
29th September 2006, 4:29 PM
Yay! *does a boogie* I'd wuv a talking dog... XD

VampirateMace
29th September 2006, 9:35 PM
KatieKitten; You can't just create new powers for your ancestor talisman, it's purpose is to hold anscestial spirits who can guide you. I'll let you keep the additional healing power, but don't add any others, ok?

/Exiled/
29th September 2006, 9:37 PM
Sorry forgot about the qestion... Dont think my character is slow... And it seems my earth spike thing is avoided to be mentioned... So I dont know how to post next / :

katiekitten
29th September 2006, 9:44 PM
KatieKitten; You can't just create new powers for your ancestor talisman, it's purpose is to hold anscestial spirits who can guide you. I'll let you keep the additional healing power, but don't add any others, ok?

Oops... ^.^;; Sorry! I get it know... *feels stupid*

Exiled: XD Don't worry, I don't think you character is slow. Tibalt is very judgemental. XD ...Sorry if I screwed up what you were, I got a little confused... I can change it, if you like. =D

Could you explain what you were planning?

Sorry again. ^.^;;

/Exiled/
29th September 2006, 10:02 PM
no, i'm just confused because Alexis totally disragarded my earthrising thingie...

katiekitten
29th September 2006, 10:09 PM
Aw, I get it... =D

Hmm... Let's see... You could say that your power/your hold on your power isn't that strong yet? That the pillars collapsed as soon as they rose? Over time you'd get stronger/better at controling the power. It'll make your character seem more real, and will give you something to go on. =D

/Exiled/
29th September 2006, 10:19 PM
heh, its ok now... Lets just continue the rpg ^_^

PokemonBreederChris
30th September 2006, 4:07 PM
Does anyone wanna adopt a stable girl?

Vampiremace, put one of the most active player with all the least active

I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS!!!!!

Well, I could say the warrior and I are inches near death, and one of you saves us, we help you, you help us, we go our seperate ways, and then we win!

EDIT: and why am I meeting with the wizard?

/Exiled/
30th September 2006, 7:54 PM
huh, your meeting with a wizard... Who? Me???? AHHHH

PokemonBreederChris
30th September 2006, 7:56 PM
No, Vampiremace said my inactive group is meeting with a wizard as well as going to get a penguin.

VampirateMace
2nd October 2006, 4:14 AM
You meet the wizard of the sea, and he will take you to the ice flow (by boat or magic) where you get the penguin.

katiekitten
9th October 2006, 5:05 PM
...It's official. =O I have a curse. Sometimes when I post, nobody else posts after and the rp sinks, and sinks, and sinks... XD

Just kidding.

Where has everybody gone? O.o

VampirateMace
9th October 2006, 5:22 PM
It happens, people get bored, or busy, or somthing goes wrong, like in my group the story is inconsistant. Don't take it personally, just go join another RPG, this one may be taking a break or it may be dead... only time will tell.

katiekitten
11th October 2006, 5:33 PM
XD Don't worry, I know, I'm an old hand at this. I think I've been RPing for two years, now, here and on another forum... Just about that much time, at least. XD I was guilting people into replying, you see. ;) Works every time...

Could you clarify once more what my bracelet can and can't do? Sorry! ^.^;;

VampirateMace
12th October 2006, 6:19 AM
Now that you've admitted guilt tripping, no one will post for you...

You bracelet contains an ancestor's soul, it siimply helps you make desicions. You added a healing power and said you could keep it, but that is the extent of the braclets powers.

katiekitten
12th October 2006, 9:44 AM
XD I get it... Sorry about the healing thing, again. ^.^;;

VampirateMace
12th October 2006, 7:10 PM
No need for sorry, just don't add any more, I'm going to rewrite the sign-up so that everything is clear in version 2.

PokemonBreederChris
12th October 2006, 7:17 PM
My oppinion is that you should PM the people for quests of your choice, or actually put the actives with the actives, and the semiactives with the semiactives, it was quite annoying, also I had to fetch a bird? I sorta disliked my quest.....but your choice, and yeah, your RPG instructions were alittle confusing....

Razor Shiftry
12th October 2006, 8:19 PM
do I hear a version 2? I like the sound of this so maybe I'll join this one...

katiekitten
12th October 2006, 10:57 PM
I'll be there for version two. =D

What might help speed things up a bit is if you give us a few more things to do, really. And explain what the Chi are, for it kinda seems like they have personalities at the moment, which I don't think is what you were aiming for... XD

I disagree with the we-choose-the-quest thing, though. It is Vampirates RP, and he should get to choose what we get to do. =D

...I have another question. XD

Will there be more plot after the quest, or is that just it?

VampirateMace
13th October 2006, 5:58 AM
Acturally, I thought I'd send people off on their own predecided quests, but they could gang up if they like. that way the individuals can go off, but we could still have groups, and the groups aren't preminate.

edit: Version two would also make late sign-ups a possiblity...

katiekitten
13th October 2006, 2:28 PM
=D I like that idea very much. It's much easier on our own, and you could have all of the quests be different steps towards a main one... =DDDDDDD

Or not. XD

I personally prefer going about things on my own, for it's hard to try and keep people together when they go in different directions. XD I might team up with Alexis, though. My character likes hers. XD

PokemonBreederChris
13th October 2006, 7:51 PM
Well, As long as I team up with ACTIVE members I am happy, last time my team was lame, the farmer did not even post, perhaps you should PM everyone a week in advance from starting and then if no one replies in the week, kick them, or just start without them, if they have reason for being absent, they will tell you via PM.

Also, the whole Chii thing was alittle confusing, my character could also do beast spirit summons, which aren't chis, but you did not agree....

VampirateMace
13th October 2006, 9:58 PM
Problem is you idenitifed them as chii rather than ghosts... you called them beast chii, there are no beast chii, there are beast ghosts though.

Razor Shiftry
24th October 2006, 9:55 PM
is the cafe being used for verion 2 as well?

VampirateMace
25th October 2006, 6:12 AM
Yes, if you had read what I posted, you would know that.

katiekitten
25th October 2006, 7:50 PM
XD I'm a little bit popular...

...Meta? I'd prefer it if you don't try and play ma character. For one, he is going there in a carriage, and two, he isn't overly fond of merchants, not sailors. XD

On his blow darting talents, I've decided to still have it, but he'll have to pester someone to teach him first. XD

Alexi? You still up for the Tibalt X Aphrodite? If so, we could have them go in the same direction for a while, before splitting off in our different directions and have them meet up again later, or something. =D

Also, does you character know how to use a blow dart? ;)

Razor Shiftry
25th October 2006, 7:55 PM
XD I'm a little bit popular...

...Meta? I'd prefer it if you don't try and play ma character. For one, he is going there in a carriage, and two, he isn't overly fond of merchants, not sailors. XD

On his blow darting talents, I've decided to still have it, but he'll have to pester someone to teach him first. XD

Alexi? You still up for the Tibalt X Aphrodite? If so, we could have them go in the same direction for a while, before splitting off in our different directions and have them meet up again later, or something. =D

Also, does you character know how to use a blow dart? ;)

yeah, sorry about that, and i made them fight because my character insulted yours :D and my character doesn't like nobles...

katiekitten
25th October 2006, 8:35 PM
'Tis ok. =D

Vamp, like I asked in the RP... Do you mean take a crystal of each type, or just take a crystal and the brief was for a group of more than one? O.o

Razor Shiftry
25th October 2006, 8:38 PM
oh, i'm going to add some money and a map to my backpack contents if ya don't mind

thanks

VampirateMace
25th October 2006, 8:39 PM
Sorry, I used the old quests (team quests), you only need bring back one talking crystal...

Edit: Meta I do mind, if you didn't bother to think ahaed and pack it then you don't have it.

Razor Shiftry
25th October 2006, 8:49 PM
Sorry, I used the old quests (team quests), you only need bring back one talking crystal...

Edit: Meta I do mind, if you didn't bother to think ahaed and pack it then you don't have it.

no, its because i'm selling my boat. i won't get the map though

~Alexis Laistenna~
25th October 2006, 9:18 PM
Still up for Tibalt X Aphrodite, katiekitten. Sadly,she doesn't know how to use a blowdart. I like the thought of an old man hobbling towards you, giving you a blowdart, and then telling you how to use it, before.......... teleporting. :p

Ya. Aphrodite'll probably get complained at for ettique at some point. A teen poor girl is hardly bothered about being curteous. So, you may have to give her a few lectures. And then she'll give you lectures on the Top Five ways to get hit by an arrow.

EDIT: Aphrodite, despite being named after the Greek Goddess of Love, will probably start playing hard-to-get.

VampirateMace
26th October 2006, 6:10 AM
Ok, meta that works, but how will you get to the dragon, swim?

Razor Shiftry
26th October 2006, 11:48 AM
Ok, meta that works, but how will you get to the dragon, swim?

well, i couldn't use that boat i had because that was in the sea so when i get to the lake, maybe i'll have enough money for a small boat or ask for passage...

katiekitten
26th October 2006, 4:04 PM
...Alexi, I give you permission to bunny my character a little. I can't come on until next tuesday, and I don't want to hold you up. =D

Nothing too big though, ok? You can start the little love thing, but nothing too big. I'll be back soon. =D

Thankies!

Razor Shiftry
30th October 2006, 8:03 PM
um...can some one post in the RPG?

VampirateMace
30th October 2006, 10:48 PM
I'll post later, I'm busy now, but meta I'd appreciate it if you stopped controling Amos, because franlky, you have no idea what his personality is, you keep saying he's doing things he isn't, and besides bunning is against the rules in this RPG... I really shouldn't be letting it slide so much...

Razor Shiftry
30th October 2006, 10:54 PM
sorry, sorry! i can't help it! i don't like just doing my character...makes me feel like i'm leaving things out...and anyway, i think even your character would gett mildly worried if someone started swing around a sword that could sommon a north wind at gale force speeds...

VampirateMace
30th October 2006, 11:06 PM
A little scared, yes, but how did you put it; "Don't... [he said] ...looking terrified?" ...Er, I think Amos would have said, "I don't think that's such a good idea", or if he wasn't being to lazy he might say "Maybe you should be careful, you never know what a magical device is capable of."

katiekitten
31st October 2006, 2:23 PM
I'm back! And a whole 'nother year older! XD

I'll try and post later...

Razor Shiftry
1st November 2006, 6:25 PM
A little scared, yes, but how did you put it; "Don't... [he said] ...looking terrified?" ...Er, I think Amos would have said, "I don't think that's such a good idea", or if he wasn't being to lazy he might say "Maybe you should be careful, you never know what a magical device is capable of."

ok then...must remember that...Amos is a very lazy character...so don't have lots of emotion to him...