PDA

View Full Version : Two Degrees of Seperation! (470)

Serebii
28th September 2006, 1:39 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/469.jpgTwo Degrees of Seperation!

After her obtaining of her Starter Pokémon, Piplup, Dawn heads off towards Jubilife City. However when travelling through Route 202, she finds an injured Pikachu that has been seperated from its trainer. Will Dawn be able to find Pikachu's trainer and help nurse it back to health?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/470.shtml)

Discuss

Amaranth
28th September 2006, 4:29 PM
kool
piky runs away i hope forever :p

Arbok
28th September 2006, 4:33 PM
kool
piky runs away i hope forever :p

You're rude ><

Anyway, i hope Pikachu will get back, but it's still a Deja Vu and that sucks.

Amaranth
28th September 2006, 4:36 PM
why ^ thats no justice
pikys dead now lets move on ><

MasterJedi
28th September 2006, 11:16 PM
We already know that Pikachu was taken from Ash by TR at the end of the first episode. People really don't pay attention these days. -_-

And can the "I hate Pikachu" idiot shut up already? God, those idiots are so annoying. -_-

CyberCubed
28th September 2006, 11:52 PM
Pretty much another episode that proves Hikari is not a competent trainer.

She tries to capture and battle two wild Pokemon but fails miserably. Hikari again proves she has no idea what she's doing, and will need to rely on Ash to get anywhere. (deja vu anyone?)

About the only good part of this episode was Giovanni and the girl in the truck, but the rest of it was redundant. Ash looks odd in his AG clothes next to Brock.

Chalk up another subpar episode for D/P. It's very depressing when the first two episodes of a new series are poor.

Here's hoping the third one is good.

S.Suikun
29th September 2006, 12:01 AM
Hikari seems to be struggling with her Pokemon more than May did. Makes it all the more annoying, if you ask me.

Bullet-style summary of important events:

- Lotta debuts of potentially useless Pokemon in this one.

- Pikachu has still not been retrieved by the end, either.

- Lotta focus on TR also. Giovanni's back too.

- Ash catches Mukkuru and Aipom chalks up its first victory. (Here comes the Swellow clone. Great.)

- Also seems as if James gets Masukippa as a gift from his parents or something (amidst a box of bottlecaps). It devours him just like Victreebel.

It's putting three different plotlines in the same episode.

CyberCubed
29th September 2006, 12:06 AM
Is anyone else worried with the way Seviper/Cacnea/Dustox were all out of their Pokeballs to battle together?

It seems like they're showing them one last time before their possible release.

Sad to say, I think Seviper/Cacnea/Duxtox may be going in the coming episodes. Just like Arbok/Weezing went in early AG. :/

Munchlax 357
29th September 2006, 12:07 AM
can someone give me a lnik to the episode i relly wanna watch it :(

HoennMaster
29th September 2006, 2:16 AM
At least this time the whole Pikachu thing is lasting more than one episode. Sadly, I do think this might be the lead-up to Seviper, Cancea, and Dustox leaving.

Flamez
29th September 2006, 2:51 AM
Does it really matter if they leave? When has Dustox done anything useful?
They show it like once every what 50 episodes. Seviper just gets it A** handed to it all the damn time, it really has no personality so even if it does leave whats the big deal. Cacnea has gotten boring as well. I wont be disappointed if they left.

CyberCubed
29th September 2006, 2:52 AM
It's pretty sad that TR are forced to release all their Pokemon.

But since D/P is so similar to AG, I wouldn't be surprised if they were released like Arbok/Weezing are.

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th September 2006, 2:52 AM
Mukkuru was odd. Ash just caught it for no reason really.

Lol, their was a road sign that said Route 202. XD

S.Suikun
29th September 2006, 2:55 AM
It sorta feels like the Pidgeotto capture way back when. The capture comes out of nowhere and is not given a whole lot of attention, unlike other captures which mostly have the entire episode centered around the Pokemon.

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th September 2006, 3:11 AM
I ddin't mind, just hope Mukkuru is interesting.

CyberCubed
29th September 2006, 3:16 AM
None of his bird types have ever had a personality.

Kinslayer
29th September 2006, 3:20 AM

But Mukkuru isn't one of his past birds, so how about you wait and see what happens in the future before searching for more things to whine about, hmm?

But since D/P is so similar to AG, I wouldn't be surprised if they were released like Arbok/Weezing are.
Wow. You're just sad. :/

Lol at how her Pochama is a complete brat. It's funny, and something different.

CyberCubed
29th September 2006, 3:25 AM
But Mukkuru isn't one of his past birds, so how about you wait and see what happens in the future before searching for more things to whine about, hmm?

If all three of his past birds didn't, I don't see them changing it now. It's just a bird, who cares about its personality.

Lol at how her Pochama is a complete brat. It's funny, and something different.

It's not at all different from Torchic pecking Max in AG3.

The writers are just repeating themselves, and making things slightly different to try and hide the fact that they're not being original.

Kinslayer
29th September 2006, 3:36 AM
If all three of his past birds didn't, I don't see them changing it now. It's just a bird, who cares about its personality.
If the writers want to do something with it, they can. :>

It's not at all different from Torchic pecking Max in AG3.
Pochama is a brat. Torchic was an idiot. They have different personalities. Who gives a damn if they both pecked people? They're birds. It's what they do. I'm referring to their personalities.

Almighty Zard
29th September 2006, 5:01 AM
I know i hate them both, but i found Aipom and Mukkuru shouting at each other to be quite funny.

FEZ
29th September 2006, 5:33 AM
Her bike got OWNED.

PokemonFan_Samuel
29th September 2006, 11:20 AM
Pikachu got lost?
I know Ash will find it, but it's hard to imagine.
----------------------------
Where are the Pic??? I want to see them badly!!!

PokemonFan_Samuel
29th September 2006, 11:21 AM
Pikachu got lost?
I know Ash will find it, but it's hard to imagine.
----------------------------
Where are the Pic??? I want to see them badly!!!

MugenKeiji
29th September 2006, 12:32 PM
Loved the part with the video games. Kinda reminds me of that game on Soara's site.

Another questionable character design since Hikari's Dr. Girlfriend-mom, Jolly Hitler, James' "other" butler.

Beat that George Lucas, ruler of the Mirage Kingdom.

AcethePuma
29th September 2006, 2:23 PM
i love the scene where pika fries little poochama *rofl* well it´s her own fault ^^

ghost master
29th September 2006, 4:38 PM
Hikari seems to be struggling with her Pokemon more than May did. Makes it all the more annoying, if you ask me. No she doesnt. May didnt even like pokemon and like Ash she just threw a pokeball at the pokemon hoping to capture it. May also didnt even know what she was doing and didnt decide till later on to be a coordinator. Hikari knows that she needs to weaken the pokemon to catch it. Her problems were that the pokemon attacked back and KO'd Pocchama. She seems much more prepared and ready than May was and knows where she needs to get to and what she's doing.

Bliksem
29th September 2006, 6:25 PM
Hikari knows what she's doing. But this IS her first Pokemon, and she seems to try to catch anything that moves. I like that about her. It's a good shame that her Pocchama is just too weak to actually accomplish this. It's fainted more in these first few episodes than perhaps May's Torchic ever did.

The Big Al
30th September 2006, 12:44 AM
Another plant to eat James and another bike bites the dust. Too much of the same.

Pokemaniac Joe
30th September 2006, 12:59 AM
With all this talk, everyone(except The Big Al.) Forgot about Masukippa. HE NEEDS LOVE TOO, PEOPLE!!!

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th September 2006, 1:05 AM
It never showed Masukippa join....

Seviper, Cacnea, and Dustox were blasted off seperately....

Ash6K
30th September 2006, 1:22 AM
So what happened to or is going to happen to Seviper, Cacnea, and Dustox...are they all leaving?

Anyway, Masukippa and James...must say obvious to see that coming. As for Hikari, I really like her spirit and attitude. I really like this episode overall.

charizardfan
30th September 2006, 2:05 AM
I like the fact that Hikari seems to know what she's doing. It's just too bad her Poochama doesn't.

ShadowDragon16
30th September 2006, 2:36 AM
Did james get Masukippa?

Flamez
30th September 2006, 12:19 PM
Saw the episode. This one was also excellent. Man this episode gives alot of Laughs.
Poochama takes a little beating from that rabbit pokemon. But Hikari cheers it up. Later on it just uses bubblebeam on a pokemon hanging from a tree branch. Hikari is too late throwing the pokeball though cuz she's happy for poochama. Poochamas reaction to Hikari is damn funny. Pikachu enters here, and the little guy is injured. Hikari tells poochama to attack but pikachu's thunderbolt zaps poochama into her bike. TR enter and try to jump pikachu. Hikari helps out and both pikachu and poochama blast them off.

Hikari tells her mom something and poochama starts fighting with her. Both start pointing at each other, lol. They have great chemisty. Both fit each other perfectly.

LOL at meowth playing video game, its a boxing game. Hitmochan vs. Kangaskhan.

Brock is back. Its funny, I dont understand much japanese but from what I got it seemed like brock wanted to leave breeding for the girl. But then her phone rings and she says "darling" and brock is destroyed. lol
Then he says something about breeder and Ash cheers him on.

Okay Ash catching Mukkuru was freakin hilarious. Aipom focus punches mukkuru right in the stomache and its face reaction is awsome. On top of that Ash throws a pokeball right at its forhead. LOL, the face reaction is funny.

Overall an excellent episode, offers alot of laughs.

Steffrox
30th September 2006, 12:39 PM
i liked that Team Rocket got to hang out all together in that house, lol at the bit when meowth and wobbuffet are playing video games and jess is just chilling reading a magazine, they looked like a proper cute lil family.

Plus Hikari is cooler than i thought she'd be

Chatsy
30th September 2006, 1:24 PM
I love how Hikari knows a lot about training. She recognises new Pokémon pretty much immediately and then Dexes them for whatever information there may be.
I lol'ed when she became too excited over Pochama's attack against that.. treething and forgot to throw the Pokéball in time, meanwhile Pochama was all "what'ya doing, throw the goddamn ball already, throw it, THROW IT, THROWITTHROWIT!!" XD Nice touch that it knows what's supposed to happen after you battle it.
Hikari seems very focused on finding the right "partner" for her upcoming contests. Guess she got inspired by how good friends her mom is with the cat thing. (It takes time to get used to the new Pokémon and their names, goshdarnit!). Methinks Ash and Pikachu's relationship will inspire her too, no doubt.

I laugh at those who claim Hikari is a clutz/idiot/dork when starting out. She knew she was supposed to weaken a Pokémon before catching it etc. The problem is just that she got too excited that one time, otherwise she was taken aback by the speed of that bunnything. She's a good trainer especially judging from all the other newbiw trainers we've seen. Yay.

Brock's enter to the show again = LOL!
Poor Ash having to listen to Brock's odd rambling about settling with girls he just met. Brock's getting his spark back - The yayness of it all. Keep it that way and we have a winner!
That bishounen face he made when Ash mentioned Nurse Joy. *snort* XD

This episode had hilarious scenes (Hikari being smacked in the face by the bunnything, Ash being dragged under Brock's arm to listen to his oddness and then be twirled around only to witness Brock's dreams being crushed once again, James being happily glomped/eaten by Masukippa (le' gasp, I remembered a name!) and those odd expressions overall.) and a nice way of writing everyone together.

I can't stop laughing at the "24 Hours" sequence they use, though. It's too.. Laughable XDDD

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th September 2006, 1:31 PM
I wonder if we will get a Brock Hoso showing who that girl was?

Gravy
30th September 2006, 1:45 PM
This was so much better than AG 2 that it isn't even funny.

The interaction between Hikari and Pochama has been really fun to watch. They're friends, but they're still able to have conflicts when any disagreeements arise. If they aren't planning to take this route (forever) with Ash and Hikari, I do hope they try to keep this relationship between pokémon and trainer instead....as well as not making the pair too buddy-buddy, like Ash and Pika. That would suck, royally.
I also like how they're keeping it inbetween Hikari being totally incompetant and a pro-battler. She knows what she's doing, but she's easily side-tracked and coupled along with the fact that she's only a beginer, it makes for some interesting stuff~

I found Mukuru's entire introduction to be insanely amusing. Getting into a scuffle with Aipom and it's actual voice were damn funny, but the icing on the cake was when Ash lobbed a pokéball and hit it smack dab between the eyes. Hell, EventualEteboss may have hit the feathered fiend once or twice, but I'd bet my life savings that the red and white sphere of eternal torture caused enough damage to ensure a capture.
The fact that Mukuru seemed as pleased as punch as soon as it was dettakoi'd was pretty suspicious too. You don't go from being uber po'd to one happy-chappy in no time flat. It's all an obvious result of the pokéball impact causing some serious brain damage. It certainly looked (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/mukuu.jpg) painful enough to do so!

And just some pointless notes;

-Mimirabbitthing's ear design doesn't make a lick of sense. When the ears are facing down, the cotton-ball attatched to it is clearly situated on the back. Yet, when they're raised, said cotton magically manages to move itself all the way to the tip. What the hell?

- And speaking of character design - Hahaha. Nekkid Minomuchi - the next fanboy obsession? Too right!

- I love the way Pochama flails it's flippers around wildly while it attacks. Half the time I can't tell if it's actually helping it to fly short distances, or if it's just for show :P

I wonder if we will get a Brock Hoso showing who that girl was?
They'd damn well better. Or so help me I'll....I'LL.....get kinda dissapointed and shrug it off after some ranting.
Hear THAT Pokémon Company?! You'd better be ready!

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th September 2006, 2:00 PM
Nekkid Minomucchi....*sweats*

Oh yea.........

Mukkuru is INSANELY cute though, I love it.

BattleFranky~40
30th September 2006, 3:39 PM
Poor Takeshi. Sorry, buddy, she's taken.

Also, I hate that damn bunny.

Akaba
30th September 2006, 6:10 PM
WHAT?!

NO?!

WOW!

The first time a Takeshi rejection has been funny.

Wow.

I am amazed.

diablohuman
30th September 2006, 7:39 PM
Poochama's voice is so cool lol. Hikari seem's to know what she's doing, well a lot more than may anyway. Am I the only one disappointed with Masukippa's appearence?, it's head is MASSIVE.

Dreamer
30th September 2006, 8:35 PM
another great episode, possibly one of the best episodes in a long time.

Hikari actually wants to train Pokémon when she starts, unlike another certain female character... her Pochama is one of the the best pokemon ever, acting like a complete brat...

the moment I saw hikari had a bike I knew what was going to happen, and I never get tired of seeing fried bikes. poor Pikachu though, he was really hurt this time :(

the chemistry between Hikari and Pochama is great, they allready seem to share some kind of bond.

then there was the mansion...how many of those things does James own? I knew he was going to get masukippa, and I'm actually glad it was a Pokémon he allready knew. they seem to fit eachother...I also liked the return of Giovanni :)

Brock returns, and once again he gets rejected (well, sort of anyway) by a girl...though I really liked it this time. the mukkuru capture was funny as well. Aipom finaly wins something, Mukkuru's expressions were hilarious...and the fact that ash managed to hit the bird right between the eyes makes it even better...poor thing...:)

Juputoru
1st October 2006, 12:10 AM
According to Sushi (http://karnimani1990.livejournal.com/51333.html#cutid2), after Gio's convo or whatever with JJ&M...he turned around and said "Who were those three again?" If Meowth heard that it would break his poor little dangeriously obsessive heart. But it's still funny as hell.

And never fear, I'll be here to tear this ep into little bitty pieces of sarcasm in due time. :D

Squirtle_007
1st October 2006, 2:54 AM
OK, saw the episode and here´s my thoughts:
* Seeing Hikari just leaving her bicycle on the middle of the road to run like a crazy on the field made me realize that she didn´t care nothing about the thing
* On the previous episode, Pocchama received A LOT of damage from a whole bunch of Ariados and blasted them off away, now it can´t with a little Mimioru ... horray for continuity!!
* I found incoherent how in the first episode Hikari looked so capable commanding Pokémon, battling wild ones and feeding her own partner, but in this episode the writers made her a totally mess like saying "Oh my god, I need someone for tutoring me"
* This is the first time (that I can remember) that Pikachu got scanned with the Pokédex, I want to know what it said about it
* Too bad that Hikari didn´t caught Mimioru, that Pokémon would be perfect for contests but .... I think it was too small
* Kojirou getting Masukippa is just awesome, the we´re made for each other but ... Team Rocket now has seven Pokémon ... well, maybe the writers don´t count Meowth as a Pokémon
* Takeshi´s lame return was expected ... but I´m still upset about the horny maid being back just to steal oxygen

Akeji
1st October 2006, 3:53 AM
This episode was, again, not as crappy as most Pokemon episodes. =)

Pocchama still equals awesomeness.

The bike explosion this time was literally laugh-out-loud funny. Like, you knew it was gonna happen, but you did NOT know that Pikachu was gonna attack Pocchama, making it fly backwards supercharged and smack into the bike. =D It was awesome, because it was sooo random in a good way.

Those complaining about the differences between what happened in DP001 and this episode concerning Hikari/Pocchama's strength need to realize that they're different opponents. Mimiroru is obviously a speedy bunny rabbit capable of easily dodging attacks. Ariados? Not so much.

The Minomucchi part was funny. Kinda odd seeing the thing "naked", and I like how it quickly put its leaves back on and ran off.

BattleFranky~40
1st October 2006, 4:33 AM
Akeji, I'm wondering why you're even bothering to post here.

Akeji
1st October 2006, 4:43 AM
Akeji, I'm wondering why you're even bothering to post here.

Um.. what? Do you have a problem with me posting in this thread? Cuz if you do... tough luck. Not sure why you'd have a problem anyway, since I don't even know you, but... your loss.

BattleFranky~40
1st October 2006, 4:45 AM
Um.. what? Do you have a problem with me posting in this thread? Cuz if you do... tough luck. Not sure why you'd have a problem anyway, since I don't even know you, but... your loss.
If you hate Pokemon so much, why do you bother posting here? Do you have nothing better to do with your time?

Akeji
1st October 2006, 4:48 AM
If you hate Pokemon so much, why do you bother posting here? Do you have nothing better to do with your time?

LOL. Are you serious? I've said nothing bad about DP. And where are we? Oh that's right, in the DP discussion thread. You make it sound like I'm a troll that keeps on dissing the anime everywhere he goes.

So STFU and mind your own business. Thanks.

BattleFranky~40
1st October 2006, 4:53 AM
LOL. Are you serious? I've said nothing bad about DP. And where are we? Oh that's right, in the DP discussion thread. You make it sound like I'm a troll that keeps on dissing the anime everywhere he goes.

So STFU and mind your own business. Thanks.

Let's see here. In every post I've seen of yours, you in one way or another slide in a comment about how crappy the pokemon anime is.

This episode was, again, not as crappy as most Pokemon episodes

The guy is an *** and is keeping this series from being stale

I LOL at anyone bothering to complain about the Pokemon anime. It's like people don't realize that it's the same generic, formulaic plot just about every single episode, with a broader, just as...
I see nothing from you but negitivity and talking about how horrible the anime is.

Akeji
1st October 2006, 5:00 AM
Let's see here. In every post I've seen of yours, you in one way or another slide in a comment about how crappy the pokemon anime is.

I see nothing from you but negitivity and talking about how horrible the anime is.

Maybe your fanboyness is getting in the way, but you still seem to be forgetting where we are. This is an EPISODE discussion for the NEW series. None of those comments were slamming this new DP series. So get over the fact that YES, all the past seasons ended up being crap, and realize that have a little bit of hope for this one.

Maybe you're blind, but I seem to recall my posts being about

-Things I like so far about DP
-Shinji (who rocks)
-Pocchama (who rocks)

I don't want this series to become bland like every other anime with the word Pokemon in its title. Am i allowed to express my opinion on that matter? Yes. So, once again, STFU and move on with you life. Seriously.

S.Suikun
1st October 2006, 7:15 AM
This episode was literally three or four different episodes crammed into one. Bah, beats a boring episode about Pikachu being lost followed by a boring episode about Mukkuru, I suppose.

How many summer cottages and butlers does James have, anyways? I mean seriously. And was this the first time Pikachu was ever scanned by a Pokedex in the show? I don't recall it happening previously, though my memory may be fuzzy.

Minomucchi porn is going to become a new internet craze. I guarantee it. Just you watch.

Cobalt_Latios
1st October 2006, 7:32 AM
Wow, not bad, not bad at all. Despite the fact that i can barely understand a word they're saying(not a bad thing really, it helps to know how this show functions, then it's just a matter of watching out for certain clues.). In her first battle she looked so confident on thinking of catching... um... whatever that was(forget its name). Hmm, 1 hit and bang, owned. Guess those Ariados really did a number on the little guy. Though it was kinda funny seeing that rabbit pokemon randomly jump at Hikari then continuing on its merry way.

Cool pokedex by the way. It's neat how it has a green bar of randomly passing data on the left side of the bottom screen. Also, why is it that after being beat by that Mimiroppu(i think that's what it's called), it suddenly feels compelled to beat up a Minomucci. Boy, Hikari sure is clueless, she starts to talk to Pocchama, then Pocchama starts gesturing her to try and capture the Minomucci. Oh wait, i just realised(thinks back to Ash's days), this is exactly like when Ash tried to capture the Weedle and failed. Instead, it was Hikari being clueless and not some random Samurai guy.

OMFG, did Pikachu just get scanned?!?!? I think this is the first time this has ever happened. I forget if Ash ever did scan it in the first episode.

Oh god, her bike got fried. And in the most original way possible. Is it just me, or does every bike the main girl owns feels compelled to be there when Pikachu uses its electric attack. I mean, it was pure dumb luck that May's bike that burned. This time, Pocchama got zapped, which zapped the bike. God, this just keeps getting better and better. LOL, then Pikachu scratches his head, and without even thinking, Pikachu could in fact by saying this: Not again, this is getting repettive. If Pikachu could talk, I wonder if it would mention this particular situation to Ash?

Also, i just realized something. When Hikari throws the pokeball at Pikachu, it doesnt work. So in that Johto episode with the Bellsprout tower, when the kid throws the pokeball, even if the ball did hit Pikachu, it wouldnt have worked.

Oh, god, this is the second time Meowth gets scanned, not only that, but i dont even think Hikari is shocked that it can talk. Oh wow, this is probably the first time Team Rocket says their motto within 6 minutes of the show, usually its about 12-15 minutes in. Boy, even after they recite their motto, Hikari is clueless as to who they are. Give it up Team Rocket, nobody knows about you until you continuesly run into them. Wow, Team Rocket really blasts off early. It's as if the writers were saying: "I know, lets have Team Rocket appear super early, so that we can continue the whole episode without further interuption".

What exactly were Pocchama and Hikari fighting for?

Also, since when does he receive a starter from any of the professors? Talk about breaking the mold(nevermind, he doesnt. If he had, we wouldve seen it when Ash battled that Mukkuru).

Oh, strange. When James enters the mansion, is that the music fromt the eighth pokemon movie im hearing? Oh goody, his bottle cap collection. Just how much has he collected... Oh great, It's Kanto and Johto all over again. Wow, how ironic that Masukippa happens to be the same size as Victrebel, lol.

Oh, speaking of breaking the mold, seams like Brock finally succeded! Oops, maybe not. God, Brock, always ask a girl if she has a boyfriend. Close, but no cigar.

WTF? We never saw Ash getting his pokedex?!?! Oh wait, he visited the professor, so... yeah, that solves that.

Funniest capture ever! Ouch, wonder if it will forgive Ash for doing that?

Something tells me that this is shaping up to be the best series we've ever had! Maybe the writers are actually thinking for once. Though i find that Hikari's personnality is closer to Ash than May in many ways.

~C_L~

NES
1st October 2006, 8:05 AM
I don't understand Japanese, is that house property of James?, it was confusing, and why he has another pkmn abandoned >_>, in a box!!!.

Of course i don't know why pocchama and Hikari were fighting for,(Pocchama pecks hikari, lol), they are fun with the scars later.And Pocchama with that bandage-cross thing in the head.

Tapatio
1st October 2006, 9:51 AM
About the Episode:

Hikari's first capture attemps - In the first case there was nothing to do, the rabbit was too fast for the inexpert Pocchama. The second was quite funny, Hikari already would have his first capture but she ruined it. I like much the relation between pocchama and Hikari.

The bike factor - Pikachu did it once again. The peculiar thing is that it seems he noticed the meaning of this (Pikachu: *sigh* So, we'll travel together huh?).

Massukipa - I like that when this Pokemon in special bites James, he is happy. Good change.

Lola la trailera (the trailer girl) - This is a good way from the girls to reject Takeshi: "I already have someone". When I saw the images I thought that the girl would have gone away by a work order and that she would return in other episodes, becoming the pair in potence of Takeshi. Now I know, that this is impossible.

Mukkuru - It seems to be that Mukkuru will be much more similar to Pidgeotto than to Swellow, I like how Aipom fought.

OFF - Arcade fire: Ganamos el Clasico!!!

Torkoal Stu
1st October 2006, 9:52 AM
Pocchama and Hikari's scenes involving them looking confident with their arms, that was so cute <3

And was this the first time Pikachu was ever scanned by a Pokedex in the show? I don't recall it happening previously, though my memory may be fuzzy.
First time for Pikachu, second for Meowth, unless my mind is fuzzing but I doubt it.

THE BIKE WAS DESTROYED, NOOOOOO! O____O!

James catching the Venus Flytrap was a given really, I just didn't see it thise early on in D/P Saga. But is it me or do they seem to have some weird thing with only giving James Pokemon he's wanted or seen as a kid in one of his houses? Chimecho, this new D/P Pokemon and Manene...I hope his next capture is a real battle capture. Same for Jessie too.

I wonder if Jessie and James will get a revamp like when they went to AG, everyone except Wobb went...

Is it me or is Brock showing up totally randomly and out of place? :/

The New Pokedexs rock, they really do o.O!

And Ash catching the common bird of the region, lol traditions rock.

Ashu Quester
1st October 2006, 11:33 AM
I wonder if the "rules of the road" are in-place in the Pocket Monsters anime universe. If so, Takeshi lucked out with the busty, female truck driver.

Apart from that, this episode was fairly routine as far as missing Pikachu episodes go. It's good to see that Hikari played a large role in saving and protecting Pikachu, however. The Mukkuru capture added another important highlight, making this a rather worthwhile episode.

Sailor Universe
1st October 2006, 6:05 PM
Hikari's talkative personality and squeaky, girly voice are getting on my nerves >.<

I find it slightly odd that Kojirou's family has a house in Shinou :/ Even if they're rich, why bother to build a house in a faraway region?
But it's nice to see that Kojirou's still scared of his fiancée :D It makes him more human, IMO.

Man, Takeshi sure showed up completely out of nowhere. I would have preferred if he stayed in Hoenn (or went back to Kanto or whatever) and the D/P rival teamed up with Satoshi and Hikari instead of him.

I really, really like that trailer girl. Hope that she'll come back and not just drive away from the anime for ever.

Ohhh, Shinji is one cool character! A good replacement for Shigeru indeed.

Overall, a good episode with a lot of great Rocket-Dan moments. I hope that next episode will be filled with a lot of Satoshi V.S Shinji action!

Geodude
1st October 2006, 10:33 PM
Also, i just realized something. When Hikari throws the pokeball at Pikachu, it doesnt work. So in that Johto episode with the Bellsprout tower, when the kid throws the pokeball, even if the ball did hit Pikachu, it wouldnt have worked.
That's another bit of evidence about how Hikari knows more about Pokemon and how things work than either Ash or May did when they started out. When the Pokeball capture didn't work, she knew that meant that Pikachu already had a trainer.

Also, since when does he receive a starter from any of the professors? Talk about breaking the mold(nevermind, he doesnt. If he had, we wouldve seen it when Ash battled that Mukkuru).
Ash going to Nanakamado's lab had nothing to do with a starter. Remember how Aipom caught up with Ash on its own? When Ash was on the phone with Professor Oak on the ship, Oak told him that he would send Aipom's Pokeball to his friend Professor Nanakamado's lab, and Ash could pick it up there.

(Just guessing on the friend thing...the two Profs clearly know each other, although I couldn't figure out exactly what the connection is. Someone who knows more Japanese should be able to tell though.)

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st October 2006, 10:36 PM
That song that played when Ash caught Mukkuru, it didn't sound like any BGM from the past, nor any battle music from DP.

So, maybe that was an instrumental of the Opening? It sure sounded like one.

Pokemon Fan
1st October 2006, 11:08 PM
Swellow would adamantly disagree with that. It was the most well-showcased of all of Ash's birds, getting a substantial amount of interaction in non-battles and its own funny scenes.

Its personality wasn't one that screamed its obviousness at you, but was simply a tough, never-say-die, eager-to-learn and please its master type. The Pokemopolis website defined it in more colorful terms as like an angry, drunk, scotsman.

PerappuPal
1st October 2006, 11:42 PM

Lol, their was a road sign that said Route 202. XD

yes its in one of these:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LSzjG_mcis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBPRI3cEWhU

Geodude
1st October 2006, 11:51 PM
Wrong. He caught it so it could look for Pikachu from the air. I think he even said as much.

Medea
2nd October 2006, 1:52 AM
*sighs*...Well nothing out of the ordinary in this episode!

-Ash catches Mukkuru (and this being the fourth)
1.) Pidgeotto
2.) Noctowl
3.) Taillow
4.) Mukkuru

And of course the third bike is destroyed and by Pikachu...Boy oh boy, very original. Well one thing I would like to comment on was when Hikari first saw Team Rocket, I felt something I haven't felt in over 10 years...That being, I was actually threatened by them...the feeling lasted for about five seconds.

Pika Hikari KT
2nd October 2006, 1:59 AM
First time for Pikachu, second for Meowth, unless my mind is fuzzing but I doubt it.
I mentioned this fact at Pokémopolis. This is the VERY first time the 'Chu has been Dexed.:o

As for Meowth, Ash scanned him in Ralts' episode when he slipped up doing Kirlia. Talk about smart!XD

Caseydia
2nd October 2006, 3:04 AM
This isn't new that starting trainers have alittle difficulty with their pokemon. But that's cool that Hikari found Pikachu first.

Satoshi
2nd October 2006, 6:12 AM
Well this is yet another episode that I thoroughly enjoyed. Well, these things made me laugh:

- How Hikari failed at battling Mimioru and then it jumped on her head. Then she tried to regain her and Pocchama's spirits by telling it that they'll be okay.
- How Hikari failed to capture Minomucchi in time because she was too excited, praising Pocchama (wow, that thing could sure pick up leaves...).
- The look on Pocchama's face (http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2352/vlcsnap237646gn6.png) is hilarious. :D
- Oh my (http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/282/vlcsnap239884zu1.png)...
- ...It's been along time since I found Takeshi funny...
- Heh, Rumika reference! The look on Kojirou's face is priceless.
- Mukkuru and Aimpom got in a slap fight and Satoshi caught it. :0
- When Rocket Gang's Pokemon (including Nyarth) first appear in the episode, surrounding Pikachu, they gave me a strange yet familiar vibe of some sort...

That being, I was actually threatened by them...the feeling lasted for about five seconds.
Agreed. XD

Lastly, Shinji already seems badass in this episode. The split screen reinforces it. XD

EDIT: I remember a while back, where I said if Pikachu destroys another bike, I'd jump off a building. Well, screw it. :P

Geodude
2nd October 2006, 11:51 AM
I forgot to mention something about Ash's Mukkuru capture that I don't think anyone's brought up yet: When Ash caught it, he started to celebrate in his usual way, but then stopped, sad because it was the first time he'd ever caught a Pokemon without Pikachu being there.

Bliksem
2nd October 2006, 1:46 PM
Well this is yet another episode that I thoroughly enjoyed. Well, these things made me laugh:

- How Hikari failed at battling Mimioru and then it jumped on her head. Then she tried to regain her and Pocchama's spirits by telling it that they'll be okay.
- How Hikari failed to capture Minomucchi in time because she was too excited, praising Pocchama (wow, that thing could sure pick up leaves...).
- The look on Pocchama's face (http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2352/vlcsnap237646gn6.png) is hilarious. :D
- Oh my (http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/282/vlcsnap239884zu1.png)...
- ...It's been along time since I found Takeshi funny...
- Heh, Rumika reference! The look on Kojirou's face is priceless.
- Mukkuru and Aimpom got in a slap fight and Satoshi caught it. :0
- When Rocket Gang's Pokemon (including Nyarth) first appear in the episode, surrounding Pikachu, they gave me a strange yet familiar vibe of some sort...

Agreed. XD

Lastly, Shinji already seems badass in this episode. The split screen reinforces it. XD

EDIT: I remember a while back, where I said if Pikachu destroys another bike, I'd jump off a building. Well, screw it. :P
The vibe you mention is that from the first few episodes... Team Rocket was evil!

Ayra
2nd October 2006, 2:29 PM
Sheesh! What an a**! He says his name is 'Shinji' but I spell it 'J-E-R-K'!

~Ayra~;267;

S_P
2nd October 2006, 8:04 PM
I forgot to mention something about Ash's Mukkuru capture that I don't think anyone's brought up yet: When Ash caught it, he started to celebrate in his usual way, but then stopped, sad because it was the first time he'd ever caught a Pokemon without Pikachu being there.

That would seem 100% true. I do recall that perfectly. I didn't think of that upon mention of the episode. He should have also been happy that Aipom helped him in capturing a useful pokemon (to the regard that they need a flying type since Aipom has it's limits).

Also, even though Mukkuru was yet another flying time, it's initial capture boded much more importantance.

-Pidgeotto was captured in a test to actually capture a pokemon.
-Noctowl was "special". Being "shiny" with "interesting characteristics", particularly "intellect".
-Subame was the leader of the pack, or the strongest of the pack. It was also the most battle prone, it never gave up, and it had the personality of a battling type, having Guts and whatever else.

Also, usually a pokemon gets zukan'd BEFORE battling. No, Mukkuru fought with Aipom aggressively and Satoshi zukan'd it WHILE THE POKEMON WERE STILL FIGHTING. (more like bickering though. I forgot the terminology for that.)

They put humour into a pokemon catch. That's rarer these days.

Mmm I definitely like the Hikari and Pochama interaction.

The format of the destruction of the bike was at least different. Even though the destruction was obvious, it wasn't blatantly obvious (AG 01 = VERY clear bike would get shocked), whereas the bike in this case was incorporated and was shocked along as an accident, and really fast! Also, Satoshi wasn't in the vicinity so technically no fault can be put on him for a direct accident. You can't really think of scolding when you never met the person.

Also, Hikari provoked Pikachu. So unlike the other bike cases, she was the direct cause (even though she wasn't the overall cause), even though the bike being destroyed was the effect. This is NOT like previous bike scenarios where the cause was clearly aggravated by Satoshi. The scenario is "I tried to capture a wild Pikachu, but it was electricity which was good against water so my Pochama lost and the force of the attack destroyed my bike. Later I found out that it was another trainer's". There's no way Hikari can remotely put blame on Satoshi because he wasn't even there. Unlike other scenarios, the bike was also incorporated (whereas other cases had specific intent of mentioning it.)

With Hikari's run ability, she doesn't seem to have travelling weaknesses like Haruka did with the inability to walk long distances. A bike was more convenient, but only for Haruka's case was it significantly more useful.

Though, Hikari is clearly resourceful. "Oh no, we need to get to a pokemon centre!" *next scene is the pokemon centre instantly* Pikachu problem? Get it healed, contact mom on update, contact professor notifying of how things are going. They even go BACK to Masago Town to meet up with the professor again.

And yes, Pikachu getting zukan'd was very nice. Amazing how Haruka never got close to doing that.

Nobody mentioned how the computers were much different, either. Usually it's the old green version. It didn't even look like it had a phone attached even though it's clearly a video phone.

Comedic episode in many ways. It felt like Kantou in those terms, but also maintaining good AG components.

A random reason I can think of for the remote house for Kojiro is the association of a "vacation house". Shinou = far, and that doesn't seem implausible.

Tapatio
3rd October 2006, 4:52 AM
I have been thinking... How many pavimented roads as route 202 we have seen until now?

Squirtle85
3rd October 2006, 10:37 AM
I loved this episode. Specially the Bike scene. and yeah its a first time for Pikachu. What did the Pokedex said about Pikachu? also I was hoping if someone could refresh my memory and tell me when was the first time that Meowth was dexed?

Anyway.. Funny, action, cool episode. D/P is runnin way better than AG so far.

Geodude
3rd October 2006, 11:25 AM
I was hoping if someone could refresh my memory and tell me when was the first time that Meowth was dexed?
The Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir episode.

DarkLucairo
4th October 2006, 12:27 AM
yeah i sometimes wonder if bird types have personalities

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
4th October 2006, 4:59 AM
Oh wow, I really loved this episode. Man Hikari is so funny, especially as others mentioned about her interaction with Poochamo. I love that little peguin, or my nicknamed before learning its name "Chilly Willy." It was so funny how they fought on something over the phone. Ah, the petty fights!

I was clapping how Pikachu got pokedexed the first time, I never recalled of being dexxed before, but I was suprised. Meowth in the other hand the 2nd time.

Brock entrance back was unbelievably funny how he got dumped by a hot chick in a truck after when she said something that made Brock panicked. Just loved his reaction.

Then James finding his mansion and united with a venus flytrap Pokemon? I'm surprised no one mentioned about a few seconds about Jessibelle, I just loved his expession in his face.

Then Ash catching Murruku was the icing how Aipom made a accidental bumping on the poor bird. I loved how Murruku got mad. And poor Ash how cathching was not the same without Pikachu.

zipzap713
4th October 2006, 7:33 PM
this was a rather funny show to watch(and i don't understand japanese) even though i don't really know waht their saying i like the fact that hikari has a bond with pochama :)

Tamerwoody
5th October 2006, 10:17 AM
Hey guys. Been reading the boards for years so I decided to sign up. Hey! ive read the rules n all, but are we not even allowed to say .. when someone asks about where they can see the episode... can we not say.. "youtube" ?? not providing a link or doing anything, but cant we help a fellow poke-fan by nudging them in the right direction?

also.. how come there hasnt been an opening theme yet???

Hikozaru390
13th October 2006, 1:34 AM
*sighs*...Well nothing out of the ordinary in this episode!

-Ash catches Mukkuru (and this being the fourth)
1.) Pidgeotto
2.) Noctowl
3.) Taillow
4.) Mukkuru

And of course the third bike is destroyed and by Pikachu...Boy oh boy, very original.

Ash having a bird Pokémon is useful for scouting, which is why they are usually one of the first Pokémon he catches.

Yes. Bikes being destroyed by Pikachu is called a RUNNING GAG. Not "recycled plot point", it's a RUNNING GAG. Deal with it.

Juputoru
14th October 2006, 11:25 PM
Okay, so my giant supposedly funny drabble routine's just a TAD late, but hey...

-Hikari rides along on her bike(amazing how long it's lasting), before stopping, running down a hill in an oddly fast manner, and letting Pocchama out of its ball. She talks to it a bit, and then her true purpose is revealed - she's out to catch a new Pokemon!
-Wouldn't you know it, in a tall patch of grass(among normal grass), there's a...DUST BUNNY!
-Hikari sends out Pocchama, which uses Bubble(while flapping its arms for some odd reason). Hikari gushes over this for some reason, the bubbles explode upon making contact with the grass, but...Dustbunny's nowhere to be found! Pocchama "flies"(as in, flaps its arms while defying gravity just a tiny bit) towards Dustbunny for a Peck attack, but Dustbunny's just plain fast. Then...Dustbunny hits Pocchama with its ear! This is apparently a very strong Dustbunny, since Pocchama's already down. Hikari rushes over to Pocchama to ask if it's okay, but...Dustbunny adds injury to injury by bouncing off her head before running off.
-Pocchama's depressed after being ko'ed that easily by a random Dustbunny's ear, but after a sentence from Hikari and a couple of daijoubus, Pocchama's ready to go again!
-Back on the bike(it's going to go bye-bye any day now, yessiree...), Hikari blabbers about Contests and catching lots of Pokemon as Pocchama sits in the bike basket looking cute. At the end Pocchama's all like "^_^" and *fist...er, wing...up in the air*, and it looks even more cute. But suddenly...
-Wild Minomucchi appeared!
-Pocchama's in "I gun kick its arse" mode, Hikari's in "yay Pokemon GETTO >O!" mode, and Minomucchi's in "hey I'm hanging from a tree" mode.
-Pocchama leaps into action, firing off a Bubble before Hikari can even begin to say anything about it. Said Bubble...makes Minomucchi nekkid!
-Hikari praises Pocchama for its Bubble, but Pocchama's all like "CATCH THE MINOMUCCHI NOW NUB" and Minomucchi's all like "ahh nekkid must put leaves back on".
-Hikari gets ready to catch it, but...she was too slow. Hah. Hah.
-Hikari gets all depressed about being to slow to catch the bagworm, but Pocchama's all like "cheer up kid *puts hand...er, wing...on Hikari's arm*" and Hikari's ready to go again! And Pocchama's all like "...we're doomed." And we get the Daijobu thing again.
-Dar be a wild Pokemon in dem dar bushes!
-It's a Pikachu! A...very beat up...Pikachu.
-Pikachu gets dexed for the first time in history.
-Hikari knows damn well that Water types like Pocchama aren't that good against Electric Pokemon, but Pocchama's ready to rumble anyway. (the sooner Hikari catches something, the sooner it can catch a break from battling everything she sees, after all)
-Pocchama uses Bubble, but Pikachu lets off a T-bolt, which surprises Hikari due to its power. Okay, she she just so happened to find a strong yet beat up Pikachu...
-Peck time!
-Oh dear, Pikachu Thunderbolted Pocchama and...THE BIKE!
-Pocchama's down, and so is the bike. Alas Pink Bike, we knew it not very well.
-Pikachu's all like "...oops. *embarassed*"
-Hikari then decides to throw a Pokeball, but...
-IT DUN WORK! At all!
-Pikachu decides to run away from the crazy girl and her crazy penguin, BUT...
-Oh my, a Seviper and a Dustox just so happened to appear surrounding the Pikachu.
-And hey, there's a completely random Cacnea.
-AND LOOK, A COMPLETELY ORDINARY TALKING MEOWTH.
-Hikari just has to dex the talking Meowth(hey, she's not quite sure what's going on so why not?)...har, it added info of its own once the dex was done. XD
-Check it out! A completely random Wobbuffet, along with a random Manene being cared by a random guy with lavender hair and a white suit with an "R" on the chest, accompanied by a random girl with large red-purple gravity defying hair and also with a more feminine version of the guy's suit!
-These completely random people notice Hikari's Pokeball and cotton on to the fact that she was trying to catch the completely random Pikachu...and they fill her in on the fact that it already has a trainer...them?! Oh, sorry. That question mark was completely accidental.
-The random Pikachu doesn't like its random "owners" very much, as evidenced by them being on the recieving end of a generic electric attack in short order. The random people start using their random Pokemon to attack the random Pikachu.
-Hikari's just plain confused about it all. JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, RIGHT?
-Pocchama knows that SOMTIN'S NOT RIGHT HERE!
-Hikari fends off the random Pokemon, and asks the random people just who there are anyway.
-OH. MY. GOD. It's TEAM ROCKET. I never would have...been able to live through any more of that "oh my god these people just came from NOWHERE along with this Pokemon" act.
-Hikari has no clue who they are. And thus the Rockets facefault.
-Words are exchanged, and it all ends in Seviper going in to beat the crap out of this upstart Pocchama.
-Alas for the snake, all it takes is a brief Bubble from Pocchama for the penguin to break free.
-A short Bubble/Electric Move of Genericy later, and TR's blasted off.
-After bringing the Pika to the Pokemon Center, Hikari decides to call her mom. Ugly Hair Woman notes that Pocchama's cute(damn right!), and Pocchama puts on a boastful pose to make sure we remember just how cute it is! After some words from UHW when she comments on the fact that Hikari hasn't caught anything else yet, Pocchama does the boastful pose again, but Hikari makes a snide comment about it...which irritates Pocchama...which ends in the two getting into an (absolutely adorable!) fight.
-Once they've made up for their insults, the two call Nanakamodo...who's changed his facial expression! Hikari tells him about the Pikachu they found, about the pair who was trying to catch it despite being trainer owned, and a short while later the subject has changed to contests.
-Elsewhere, Ash is using Aipom to help him look for Pikachu, but to no avail.
-While they're sitting on a hill and wondering what to do, a Jenny notices them and asks what the matter is. She then gives them a ride to Nanakamodo's lab as she hears Ash's story and tells him what he can do about it.
-At the lab, Nana(getting far too lazy to type his name out in full) gives Ash Aipom's Pokeball, courtesy of Oak. Nana then tells Ash about a new trainer who came across a Pikachu being attacked by Team Rocket, surprising our favorite black-haired trainer.
-But it turns out that Hikari already left the center. I think. Hey, I'M not the one who's claiming to know what they're saying!
-Elsewhere, TR's walking about dejectedly when...James notices a house. A house with a crudely drawn picture of a him, a green thing biting his head, and a brown haired guy hanging from the gate. TR heads in and start to enjoy themselves right away, of course. It should be noted that Wobbuffet does not sit on the couch, it STANDS.
-James enters what I could only hope is a playroom for small children, and notices a box which makes him quite happy. With stars in his eyes and the others crowding around him wondering what's in the box(undoubtedly thinking either money or some other valuable), he opens the box to reveal...bottlecaps and a Pokeball!
-It's a...Maskippa! Also known as a green thing that bites James' head, as we soon find out.
-James makes a call to a friend of his(with Maskippa still latched onto him), and some time later...they've got food!
-The butler he got talks about stuff from James' past, including...his fiancee. Which scares the crap out of James, needless to say.
-Later, Meowth and Wobbuffet are playing a video game featuring Kangaskhan and Hitmonchan trying to punch each other's lights out, as James tells the others that they're leaving now. They get disspointed over it and pumped up to chase after the twerp again within the span of thirty seconds.
-But before they go, they put in a call to the boss. They blabber on about what they're planning to do, the boss send them off with a "you go do that and don't mess it up", and TR's happy, but...the boss doesn't remember who they are(mentioning this only after halting the call, of course).
-Meanwhile, Nana tells Hikari to tell her that Pikachu's trainer(Ash) has been found! Hikari heads off to meet said trainer(Ash), as the trainer(Ash) runs off to meet her, but in his case...there's a truck on the road! ...DEAR SWEET GOD, BROCK. WHY BROCK? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? WAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIII? ...holy hell, he managed to hitch a ride with a FEMALE? Brock's thoroughly convinced that he's finally found a girl he can find mutual love with, but the lady gets a call, and...she refers to the caller as "darling". Poor Brock. I almost feel sorry for him. She drives off, leaving Brock more heartbroken than usual. After loudly delcaring that HE IS A POKEMON BREEDER and SOME OTHER CRAP(Brock's actually...FUNNY...for once o_o), he finally notices that Pikachu's not with Ash.
-The writers are nice enough to have it implied that Ash explained it all, and as he and Brock walk on Route TWO-OH-TWO, Ash mentions Joy, causing a brief WTF moment with Brock. But this calm can't last, as Aipom crashes into a Mukkuru, which starts to get into a fight with Aipom. Ash starts to yell at Aipom for fighting, but...he realizes that bird=wings=can fly=is very useful in searching for stuff.
-A short battle and a hit on the head with a Pokeball later, Mukkuru's caught!
-Ash sends out Mukkuru to be an aerial search bird, and it all too calmly complies. Amnesia from being hit on the head with a Pokeball, I tells ya.
-As the ep comes to a close, we get a nifty split screen which features Ash-tachi, Hikari-tachi, and...some new kid with an Elekid? He says some stuff, and then it's on to Oak's lecture!
-For what must be the first time ever, Oak says something OTHER than Pi-pikachu as he pulls the lever. That being "Po-pocchama". Horrah!
-This time Oak lectures about the Pokedex, which ends with him being given a concussion by one that's thrown at hi...ah, forget it.

In conclusion, I'm having serious doubts that anything in this region can top Pocchama, with the possible exception of Naetle.

S_P
17th October 2006, 5:34 AM
The bike is actually red, not pink, haha. (Oh fine, it has portions of orange, gray, and black).

Only the basket is pink. >_> Unlike the overall frame of the bike, the basket should ideally be detachable (then again so is the flashlight, the wheel, the screws, the seat, etc)

And yes I just realised today that the odd running format actually, when she initially runs off the bike down the hill, it's like she's skipping frames.

Though I don't remember if animation uses frames the same way games do. However, if you notice carefully, frameskipping or not, she marginally teleports (or simply runs too fast).

High run speed for the win! Though, the physicality is better since that follows a battle format better. Hikari had yet to run from anything.

Geodude
17th October 2006, 11:41 AM
baboru kousen = Bubblebeam

Hikari's called-for Water attack was always Bubblebeam, not Bubble.

JONNO.FRESH
17th October 2006, 12:21 PM
Another awesome D/P epi imo. I'm in love with this saga already

Argento
17th October 2006, 1:17 PM
Dude, your review is the only one interesting enough for me to read. :-D (Juputoru)

Pokemonger49777
5th November 2006, 3:52 PM
Wasn't this season only aired in Japan so far?

Satoshi
5th November 2006, 9:11 PM
Wasn't this season only aired in Japan so far?Naw, you think? Of course these episodes only aired in Japan, as the D/P games are far from being released in other countries and we only know a few of the D/P Pokemon English names. Plus, if you look at the main site - the series is only up to DP007 (or episode 475 since the site considers all three series being one anime), dubbing is not that fast.

According to Dogasu, DP001-005 is part of the Battle Frontier season, so technically this season wasn't only aired in Japan, just these select episodes.

~*Mudkip Fantastic*~
7th December 2006, 7:01 PM
What was the name of the woman in the truck? Did we ever find out?

greenspirit
8th January 2007, 3:50 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/469.jpgFind Pikachu! Route 202!

After her obtaining of her Starter Pokémon, Pochama, Hikari heads off towards Kotobuki Town. However when travelling through Route 202, she finds an injured Pikachu that has been seperated from its trainer. Will Hikari be able to find Pikachu's trainer and help nurse it back to health?
i think that she finds the trainer but the trainer doesn't want pickachu and that pickachu gets hurts in its hart and wants her 2 be his new trainer

Gravy
8th January 2007, 4:38 PM
i think that she finds the trainer but the trainer doesn't want pickachu and that pickachu gets hurts in its hart and wants her 2 be his new trainer
Y'know, usually I'd make a spiteful, sarcastic comment when I spy something like this. But this post is just too damn depressing.

...but then I read Jup's post, and all is well~

PokeDouglas
16th February 2007, 3:30 PM
I kinda like the Carnivine James captured in this episode. I can't wait to see the flytrap dude in the dub!

Yamato-san
17th March 2007, 5:43 AM
But is it me or do they seem to have some weird thing with only giving James Pokemon he's wanted or seen as a kid in one of his houses? Chimecho, this new D/P Pokemon and Manene...I hope his next capture is a real battle capture. Same for Jessie too.

speaking of Pokemon he's wanted as a kid, don't forget that his obsession with Utsudon/Utsubot apparently stems from his childhood, as evidenced in "Manene and the Relaxation Mansion".

Rex Kamex
21st April 2007, 1:54 AM
For the win: a Pokemon video game in a show based on the Pokemon video games.

And poor Brock. (With that girl and all.) XD

Almighty Zard
21st April 2007, 1:59 AM
Is it just me or is this episode and the following one merged?

Soul Dew
21st April 2007, 2:01 AM
Is it just me or is this episode and the following one merged?

They did that on purpose. The episodes will be seperate later.

Dax
21st April 2007, 2:06 AM
Carnivine's voice and Paul's voice are both a definitely win. That was so cruel how Paul treated those Starly but Ash doesn't want Starly, he's just using it to find Pikachu. :mad:

WaterDragon trainer
21st April 2007, 2:44 AM
This episode was great. As stated in the previous episode, Dawn’s voice is something I got used to after 5 minutes. There was a lotta cool new pokemon in this episode, too. It was kinda funny when Dawn had no idea who TR was. Either way, it was cool to see her blast them off. It was pretty cool to see Giovanni again. Awesome to see Brock again as well as his first rejection of Sinnoh which was hilarious. Also cool to see Ash catch his first Sinnoh pokemon, Starly.

Darkness Angel
21st April 2007, 3:32 AM
Paul's voice is nice for being a you know what.

TEAM ROCKET'S MEOWTH
21st April 2007, 3:44 AM
well we finnaly hear Giovanii's new voice and im quite impressed.
very nice

ShinyManafi
21st April 2007, 4:33 AM
o.O I finally got to hear the new voice for Giovanni, it was alright. I just love Pochama's voice in the dub. =D

Medea
21st April 2007, 11:15 AM
Okay then...

-Dawn and Piplup's relationship, it's something else, I'll give them that. At least she knows a little more than May when she started out.
-I said it when I saw the Japanese version months ago and I will say it again. Team Rocket actually seemed threatening for once when Dawn first sees them. The feeling lasted for only five seconds.
-Giovanni's new voice was pretty good.
-How sweet, they mentioned Victrebel. That's so sweet!
-James's expression when seeing Jessebell was just so priceless! Poor sap!
-After Claudina left Brock, I was so happy to hear that he wasn't going to start singing Gloria Gaynor's I Will Survive :p. Okay, that would have been idiotic, but it would have fit for Brock. But I was relieved when I saw that clip a little bit ago.
-Paul's appearance...Whoop-de-friggin'-do! I really don't care at the moment about him, but I know plenty of people making sure that his voice doesn't suck. Eh.

chosen_one386
21st April 2007, 4:43 PM
This episode was pretty good as well. I have to admit, I didn't like Paul at all before I actually saw him, but his voice just suits him to a T.

Jorah
22nd April 2007, 5:48 PM
Is it just me, or does James say "bloody"? I'm sure he said "So that's why she doesn't know a bloody thing about us". I thought that was funny.

I also noticed that Giovanni had his weird echoy-like voice when he was talking on the screen like in early Kanto. It was a good voice though.

Paul seems like he'll be a good rival.

WaterKrystal
22nd April 2007, 10:11 PM
Is it just me, or does James say "bloody"? I'm sure he said "So that's why she doesn't know a bloody thing about us". I thought that was funny.

Yeah, it made me laugh too, I don't know why, it just did.

- Giovanni made me laugh, since he can't even remember who they are, I guess after as many screw ups as TR had, you can either choose to forget, or think nothing of them.
- There goes another bike that got destroyed by Pikachu, though I do love how Pikachu acted when she mentioned twice about her bike.
- Aww, Pikachu looked so cute/scared when it was holding onto Dawn's leg.
- Dawn and Piplup, their relationship is a funny one, and I agree with her mom, her and her pokemon were basically right for each other.
- It was funny seeing James reaction to his parents and his wife to be coming, I would scared too, that wife to be is annoying.
- Same old Brock, lol. Can't get a girl, but the whole "A man is gonna do it w/ or w/o a girl" or whatever he said, was funny.

Blazios
23rd April 2007, 4:52 PM
-Dawn and Piplup's relationship, it's something else, I'll give them that. At least she knows a little more than May when she started out.

I'm glad she didn't say to use Babble or some other bad pun like Amber and Ember was with May and Torchic. Anybody notice that they didn't edit the mushroom when May made that mistake?

NewBrock
24th April 2007, 6:10 AM
Okay then...

-After Claudina left Brock, I was so happy to hear that he wasn't going to start singing Gloria Gaynor's I Will Survive :p. Okay, that would have been idiotic, but it would have fit for Brock. But I was relieved when I saw that clip a little bit ago.

Yeah, I actually saw the clip online a few days before it aired and was glad to see what I consider one of the finer Brock moments this season to be the clip of choice for a teaser.
I assume it was because they wanted to keep Dawn's new voice hush hush until the actual airing, but still it was fun to see.

wobbanut
29th April 2007, 9:39 PM
Wow, this episode was full of a lot of good quotes. I really enjoyed this episode, it was funny throughout. Dawn was better in this episode than the first episode, and so was piplup. I still have to get used to her, but at least she's cute.

And then there's the introduction of Carnivine. I still don't like that ugly as sin plant pokemon, mostly because for a while we were only seeing it and not the loveable huggable Cacnea, but at least now both pokemon are being seen on a regular basis. I loved the reference to Victreebel in this episode too. :) I swear that's the first time a former Team Rocket pokemon has been mentioned in an episode. I also found an interesting Jessie/James parallel in this episode. Jessie already knew about Hoenn before they came there, but we never learned how apart from the expired contest pass she had in "All Things Bright and Beautifly". Here James already knows about Sinnoh, but at least it's explained right away that this was a summer home. I liked James's panic when he was told that his parents and Jessiebelle were on the way. LOL At least we got to see the real Giovanni in this episode too, and I thought his voice was pretty good. I liked when he was wondering who it was who called him. LOL

At least Ash and Team Rocket were there throughout the episode this time. I'm glad Brock finally came back too. I found it interesting that he got a ride from a female truck driver, and only later found out she had a boyfriend. I liked too when Brock told Ash that they'll go with or without a good woman at their side, and Ash says that's what he likes to hear. LOL Poor clueless Ash.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode. 4/5

Ashy Boy
17th May 2007, 10:38 AM
What did Paul say to Ash when they first met?

charizardpal
11th June 2007, 7:00 AM
I think the writing is getting better. I still don't feel like watching every pokemon episode, but at least the "to be continued" stuff in this episode, (and the ones before and after it) was fresh. Don't know if it'll last though.

Yeah, as was mentioned, it annoys me how the intro was removed in Cartoon Network's version. You all realize also that Pokemon could still be scrapped?
To digress, the very fact that there was a licensing overturn and that Pokemon is no longer broadcast on national tv (It along with yugioh is missing from my TV guide) is an omen of declining popularity.
Here's the time-proven timeline potraying the death of cartoons:

National TV (WB/WPN...etc)==>Cartoon Network is a cable company with less income at it's disposal and always buys cheaper licenses (usually cult-clique anime or reruns like speed-racer, but in this case pokemon, a 10 year-old series)==>Cartoon Network eventually scraps Pokemon in the face of declining profits (franchise fatigue) to make room for new programs. Pokemon is taken off the air for good.

Pearl's Perap
14th June 2007, 11:56 AM
This episode has been one of the best so far of the dubbed Sinnoh episodes, as it actually had Team Rocket being intimidating, as Medea has already said, as they actually made some effort to hunt Pikachu themselves, on foot with their pokémon rather than using some elaborate machine, always a nice touch.

Also, Ash caught a Starly, enough said, it's a shame it's blatantly gonna get abused and only used rarely or for scouting, which really is a crying shame, it deserves a lot more than just that.

I liked the fact that Brock returned, though at first I thought 'greeat' when I read about the Japanese episodes, I'd gotten sick of Brock but, due to upcoming events, I've re-fallen in love with him once more, it was great how he returned also, with the woman he 'loved' who ACTUALLY had a boyfriend. One word: owned...

More Dawn and Piplup bonding was also great, I can't wait for future appearences by the two of them, I'm liking the both of the more and more each day...

9/10

Inkan1969
20th June 2007, 11:03 PM
One can see what was it about Claudina that appealed to Brock. :) But poor Brock didn't realize that Claudina was driving a DUMP truck. :D

Rebeccag
28th October 2007, 10:41 PM
good episode i liked that ash caught a starly and i laughed about brock and the girl who had a boyfriend poor brock at least he got to meet up with ash again, And also team rocket did look imitading but only for a few seconds lol

Wobuffet fan
14th January 2008, 2:03 AM
I liked the part with Team Rocket in the cottage. It just seemed so realistic, but thankfully thye had to leave to follow the twerps. Did anyone catch how Jessie said the same thing about conquering Hoenn to the Boss, even though she already said it when entering the Battle Frontier. It was a bit sad to see their last Hoenn motto before the Sinnoh one.

PokeGal99
25th January 2008, 7:46 PM
Its quite a good episode. Pika runs away!:D

bhrettzerda053
26th March 2008, 3:08 AM
Good one, Hikari(Dawn)! Saving Ash's injured Pikachu is one good thing for you these days. Sometimes when I see the pictures of this episode, I see you winking at Pochama(Piplup) thinking that catching a Pokemon is important. This advice is perfect when you have a hard time getting a lot of Pokemon.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
24th August 2008, 9:07 AM
"Either you guys know each other or you're too friendly Brock!"

Wow that was simply an awesome dialogue, it had me in tears.

DanChimchar
13th October 2008, 1:57 AM
James has a Caravine looks like another vitorybell
Oh brocks back and got shot down lmao
Come on ash hurry up and find Pikachu
Ohh that guy sounds kool aka Paul

Tadashi
8th November 2008, 8:07 AM
3 words: Piplup got owned.

I loved it XD

I loved Pikachu & Dawn interacting. It even hid behind her, aww!

Not so fond of James & Carnivine. It's a little unoriginal after Victreebel and Cacnea :(

WTF Brock and the girl in the truck... O_O I was a little scared there... thankfully, there wasn't much to worry about ^^

(s.i.e)
11th March 2009, 11:16 AM
this episode was very good in my opinion, hm, i hope the next episode will be good as well:P

Rommath
11th March 2009, 11:32 AM
Team Rocket's expressions when Dawn said that she had never heard of them was priceless. I'm surprised at James though, saying such a word on a kid's show, tsk, tsk.

Carnivine was a good addition also.

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 3:32 PM
I liked this one, and nice to know that James had an Caravine a long while ago

Void
27th April 2009, 3:37 PM
Meh, it was OK for me.

Tf5174
27th April 2009, 5:41 PM
It could have been alot better.

S.Suikun
7th May 2009, 1:51 AM
As a follow-up to my DP001 retrospective, chances are I won't be doing more than one re-review per day, and I'm not sure how many episodes I'll plow through before I decide it's enough. Anyways...

This thread has already gone down in forum history, and it is an episode that will live in infamy for those of us who enjoy running fanbase gags that don't involve 4chan. Additionally, it's also a good episode that picks up on the events of the series premiere nicely. Yes, it's all purposely recycled, from Hikari's bike getting incinerated to Pochama's disobedience to Hikari being an embarrassing capture novice (you'd think kids would be taught these things before setting out on their adventure). But it feels fresh nonetheless, with both Hikari's and Satoshi's plots building to their eventual meet-up.

I really appreciated having this three-part arc at the beginning, because honestly, just one episode is not long enough to establish an entire saga's characters and basic plot. We also get a brief glimpse at a lot of basic Sinnoh Pokemon, naked Burmy included. My only issue with this episode is the pacing, with many things being thrown in randomly, especially Kojiro randomly finding Maskippa's Pokeball and the retardation of one baby Mukkuru. While we have cherished that moment ever since, I would have liked a bit more focus on Satoshi's first Sinnoh capture. And of course, Takeshi's entrance is as anticlimactic as his character, but amusing all the same.

B

catzisconfus
16th August 2009, 9:22 PM
good episode again, poor pikachu miss his trainer ^^

catzisconfus
16th August 2009, 9:25 PM
good episode again, poor pikachu miss his trainer ^^

Lorde
13th December 2009, 5:17 PM
It was interesting, since Pikachu is rarely seperated from Ash :/

I liked how Dawn continued to get so much screentime, it's never happened before.

6/10 because it was something new.

Ash-kid
16th December 2009, 1:04 PM
Poor Pikachu. it was vey hard to see it...

But i loved to see Paul for the first time, although he didn't fight.

KGB13
14th January 2010, 6:12 PM
Jame's Carnivine is pretty funny. Although I wonder how long it's been in that box. Overall this was a very enjoyable episode.

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 3:40 AM
I believe this is the first time someone has pointed a pokedex at Pikachu when Dawn did it (Meowth hadn't had one pointed to him until he posed as Kirla and May pointed it at him). Also first time both Meowth's and Pikachu's pokedex entries appeared in this one.

Dawn's capture mistake was much like Ash of course, not to mention May I wonder if all the beginners have done that, or if it's just those who didn't read about it. It was funny to see naked Burmy lol, aleast we know what it looks like when the leaves aren't on it.

It was interesting when Pikachu appeared and Dawn tried to catch it, and all of TR's Pokemon appeared around it. And of course it destroys the bike lol.

So James has a Carivine, I am surprised that it has been stuck in the pokeball for so long. Ash's quick capture of Starly was quick, he probably would have caught it but he didn't have the time to mess around since he was trying to find Pikachu (It would have been more interesting if Aipom wasn't there, hey Ash catches his own Starly lol like how Jessie caught Seviper on her own without Pokemon).

Poor Brock, he looked shocked when that cowgirl said she had a boyfriend, of course he's like don't worry us two men will travel and all that other stuff.

wind21
20th June 2010, 5:27 PM
I'm smiling at myself b/c I had to look at the episode pics to remember where this episode cut off. No serious analysis then.
I do remember Ash's comment about Team Rocket, saying that when he wanted to find those guys, he couldn't. And oh yeah! Pikachu's expression as it hid behind Dawn's leg- adorable (and funny considering Pikachu's the one who's blasted Team Rocket off so many times).
Almost forgot...Ash's first meeting with Professor Rowan, which begins with the professor telling Ash he's heard a great deal about him, and ends with the professor looking bemused at Ash abruptly running off to find Pikachu after hearing Pikachu is with Dawn. That's Ash for you.

~Platinum~
18th July 2010, 4:54 AM
Quite a lot happened in this episode. Pikachu and Meowth got Dexed for pretty much the first time and we continue on with our tradition of Pikachu frying the female protagonist's bike at the beginning of each new saga. And Ash got a Starly, why am I not suprised. Also James gets his old friend Carnivine back which turns out to be the new Victreebel. Oh, joy.Glad to see the writers are taking their time with introducing the new characters. Oh, did I forget something? Oh yeah, Brock came back. Well, its no wonder I forgot about Brock because after this episode the writers forgot he existed too.

RickHoenn
13th October 2010, 3:23 PM
I LOVED this episode, Dawn's first attempts to capture were FAIL, I liked Team Rocket, haha their attitude and that James got a Carnivine and that they got a chance to relax! :D Ash caught a Starly & Brock returned, that truck girl was hot, poor Brocky! :(

at the end Paul appears omg!!! :D a lot of things happened in DP2

10/10

Painkiller2001
5th November 2010, 1:46 AM
I hope the destroying-the-main-female-character's-bike gag keeps going for years to come. My favorite gag in the show!

Ash hits a Starly with a Pokeball right between the eyes. Yeouch!

OH MY GOD! Burmy nudity!!! Everyone avert your eyes! Just kidding!

Does James really say the word "bloody"? I don't remember hearing him say it.

This has to be the only time I remember seeing Pikachu/Meowth get looked up on the Pokedex.

Lance The Champ
28th November 2010, 9:26 AM
Carnivine must have gotten tired by sitting in its pokeball for so many years

G50
27th April 2011, 4:20 AM
This episode was ok... It was interesting to see the new animation of how a Pokeball reacts when trying to capture a Pokemon already owned. It was cool to see Carnivine for the 1st time, interesting how it was James' Pokemon. I'm glad he kept it with him. As expected by a beginning trainer, she battled and tried to capture 2 wild Pokemon but failed. It was cool to see Starly for the 1st time and Ash caught it. It was great to see a plant-cloak Burmy for the 1st time. Burmy is cute! It was cool to see Paul for the 1st time.

30/100

Miar
16th May 2011, 5:50 AM
The second part. Again, mostly Dawn focused, but a bit more of Ash too.

Once again, fried bike. But this time, Dawn completely forgot after that.

James's Carnivine is funny, and Ash just caught Starly like some common 'Mon (which it is, but even Taillow had an epic episode to it)

In all, nice episode, but not as good as the ones before and after it.

The sandwich
7th August 2011, 3:47 AM
James should know better than to leave his pokemon in its pokeball for so many years-- what am I talking about? He's in Team Rocket!

BurningSociety12345543210
9th June 2012, 8:55 PM
At least Ash was seen more in this episode than the last one. Naked Burmy was weird and hilarious.

Dawn+Serena Fan
17th August 2012, 2:00 AM
Alright, episode 2 on my rewatch. I enjoyed the episode, it was pretty funny to see Dawn meet Team Rocket and also when Brock returns XD. And Pauld debuts here :D
I give this episode a 10/10!

WhyHelloThere
2nd October 2012, 12:30 AM
lmao at Paul's debut. He's just standing there at the end with Elekid.

This episode also focuses mostly on Dawn. At least Ash got just enough screen time to catch Starly (now Staraptor). Staraptor is one of my favorite for Ash's pokemon.

And yeah, naked Burmy.

PokemonNation2000
13th June 2013, 4:45 AM
Wow, before anything, I'd like to note that Brock's voice is now distinctly that of a grumpy 40 year old man with constipation issues to me. Seriously, listen to him again, and tell me you think this was acceptable.

Frankly, I think it's terrible. What happened, Bill? >_>

Then, you have Ash, who sounds like he's become a chain-smoker and constipated all the same. Truly, this is the very definition of terrible voice acting.

Add to that Claudina who is apparently a trucker who can traverse water going across Pewter City to Sinnoh and has a hillbilly accent (thanks, TPCi) and you get this episode.

It's so bad that within the first 5 minutes I have a whole stack of complaints.

Ignoring Ash and Brock's simply terrible voices, Dawn and her mom Johanna, who sounds like a man, aren't much better. Professor Rowan sounds like he's got some major speech issues too.

Wow, this is just terrible. And people were saying this was better than BF's dub. Not a chance. In fact, I now want to go back to BF's dub, and by that I mean the earlier episodes, too.

Dub: 25/100

One of the worst episodes I have ever seen in this entire show's history. THAT's how much I hate it.

PokemontrainerY
14th August 2013, 8:59 AM
Dawn got most of the focus in this episode, the bonding moments between her and Piplup were nice. Also, it's cool to see Ash catching a Starly.
It was funny when Dawn sends her Piplup to battle Pikachu, but Pikachu defends himself with Thunderbolt and Destroys Dawn's bike. After she realizes that Pikachu belongs to someone, Team Rocket attacks Pikachu and tries to catch it. When Dawn helps Pikachu out. Team Rocket demands Pikachu from Dawn and he hids behind Dawn's leg. Then Pikachu-Piplup duo fights TR and Like always, they got blasted off.
Brock reuniting with Ash was nice, It's funny how he was interested in the female driver Claudina, but only to found out she had a boyfriend. As expected ..... he tags alone with Ash on his journey. Then they continiued to search for Dawn and Pikachu.
I liked Paul's appearance at the end.
Overall this was a great episode, I really enjoyed it.

ashiemore
29th August 2013, 8:36 PM
Good thing pokémon is one of those shows where everyone is spectacularly lucky and everything always comes out right in the end. Or else pikachu has to go with team rocket. Again.

zhixun
30th May 2014, 11:33 PM
I like the scene when Hikari used a Zukan on Pikachu and Nyarh. As well as throwing a monster ball on Pikachu. I know this is going to fail but I have never seen a monster ball thrown at a trainers Pokémon in the anime. Too bad for the bicycle has to be electrocuted as what happened in AG. Hope the group will travel by bicycle some day.