PDA

View Full Version : When Pokémon Worlds Collide (471)

Serebii
28th September 2006, 2:40 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/469.jpgWhen Pokémon Worlds Collide

While searching for Pikachu with whom he has been seperated, Ash bumps into a trainer called Paul. Paul is eager to challenge Ash to a 3 Pokémon Battle. However with Ash being pre-occupied, will he win the battle and will he find Pikachu?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/471.shtml)

Discuss

Squirtlefan1
28th September 2006, 5:24 PM
Wait a sec 3v3? Ash only has Aipom now he lost Pikachu.
He dosen't get Naetle untill after this episode.

Amaranth
28th September 2006, 5:30 PM
thats the mystery :p ^

dannyphantomhott
28th September 2006, 6:27 PM
Well from what it sounds like Brock will be there with Ash. So that must mean he borrows a Pokemon from Brock. I can't wait to see images of this one. it will be so awesome so see Ash battle a new rival.

Flamez
28th September 2006, 10:18 PM
Cant say this is 100% confirmed but from the little translation I got from pokeani, it seems like Ash has pikachu with him while he battles Shinji.

MasterJedi
29th September 2006, 12:15 AM
We already know that Ash caught Mukkuru(sp?) in one of these episodes. People really don't pay attention these days. -_-

CyberCubed
29th September 2006, 12:34 AM
I'll find it laughable if Ash battles with Pikachu and loses to Shinji.

S.Suikun
29th September 2006, 1:33 AM
Apparently Shinji may also be a beginning trainer. Ash finally retrieves Pikachu and meets Hikari in this episode. And he FINALLY changes into his new clothes. Professor Oak and the DP professor also speak to each other.

Shinji has an Elekid. That's all the info I seem to be able to get right now, though.

CyberCubed
29th September 2006, 1:36 AM
Elekid? That's strange. Assuming it's going to evolve twice, why give him the same Pokemon as Gary?

Meh. Yet another D/P screw-up I guess.

FireKero!
29th September 2006, 1:48 AM
Let me do some predicting, shall I?

Rival battle #1Ash vs. Shinji
Naetoru vs. Elekid~Elekid wins
Mukkuru vs. Hikozaru~Mukkuru wins
Pikachu vs. Subomi~Subomi wins. [lol]

Rival Battle #2Ash vs. Shinji, after 4th badge
Pikachu vs. Electabuzz~Electabuzz wins
Hayashigame vs. Roselia~Tie
Mukkuru vs. Hikozaru~Hikozaru wins

Rival Battle #3Ash vs. Shinji, after 7th badge
Pikachu vs. Goukazaru~Pikachu wins
Mukkubird vs. Floatsel~Mukkubird wins
Etebossu vs. Yukinooh~Etebossu wins

League Battle. Ash vs. Shinji

After a very good battle, Shinji loses to Ash again then Ash goes on to battle Gary. Ash loses to Gary and winds up in 3rd place for the SHinou league and begins his new adventure in Sameyoshi with his new cohorts, Hitomi and Jin, with Brock somehow meeting up with them along the way.

Gotta luv Pokemon.

S.Suikun
29th September 2006, 1:55 AM
Ash doesn't HAVE Naetle yet. He's only got Pikachu, Aipom, and Mukkuru. And not to sound rude or anything, but can take your blind speculation elsewhere.

Can't seem to get further info on the episode right now because PM# froze up after half the pictures appeared, and still isn't working.

FireKero!
29th September 2006, 2:11 AM
Ash doesn't HAVE Naetle yet. He's only got Pikachu, Aipom, and Mukkuru. And not to sound rude or anything, but can take your blind speculation elsewhere.

Can't seem to get further info on the episode right now because PM# froze up after half the pictures appeared, and still isn't working.

.....Damn it, I friggin' swear I put "prediction" in my post. Like really, I have as much of a clue that Ash will have Naetoru in this battle as you do. Who knows, mabye somethign was mistrabslated and the battle will get interrupted and in that time, Ash catches a Naetoru.

Just leave me and my ***** dreams alone, willz ya? :)

Zoramon089
29th September 2006, 4:18 AM
CyberCubed, your constant pessimistic remarks are getting annoying...

Ashy Boy
29th September 2006, 8:23 AM
We already know that Ash caught Mukkuru(sp?) in one of these episodes.
Which episode was that?

Almighty Zard
29th September 2006, 8:30 AM
Which episode was that?
The one prior to this one.

DANdotW
29th September 2006, 11:06 AM
For goodness sake, this is an episode discussion thread. Stop bashing Cyber, stop predicting things, and talk about the episode if you've seen it or teh pictures if you have seen them.

Iota

AcethePuma
29th September 2006, 11:55 AM
i can´t believe it... how can pikachu vs elekid end in a tie??? i mean it was able to defeat regiice and than the writers come up with something like that?

PokemonFan_Samuel
29th September 2006, 12:17 PM
You know, everything's possible in the Poke world.
Like I can use a weak pokemon to defeat a strong one in the games.
I do believe that Pikachu will tie with Elekid.
------------------------------------------------
Where are the Pic?????

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th September 2006, 12:18 PM
Wait, did Shinji release his Mukkuru after it lost???

robotwind
29th September 2006, 12:31 PM
What pokemon did Shinji have?

Flamez
29th September 2006, 12:47 PM
^^ He had Mukurru, Hikozaru ( hope i spelled that right, its the fire starter), and Elekid.
Ash uses his mukurru, Aipom and pikachu.

Shinji's Mukurru beats Ash's. Aipom beats the fire guy. Pikachu ties with Elekid.

Okay for those saying "OMG HOW CAN PIKACHU LOSE?" . People Calm Down, the WRITERS ALWAYS do this. They always reset pikachu's power level everytime Ash starts a new journey. Besides we dont even know wether Shinji is a beginning trainer or not. He can easily be an experienced trainer and so can his Elekid.

ŁańkaŃ
29th September 2006, 1:08 PM
^^ He had Mukurru, Hikozaru ( hope i spelled that right, its the fire starter), and Elekid.
Ash uses his mukurru, Aipom and pikachu.

Shinji's Mukurru beats Ash's. Aipom beats the fire guy. Pikachu ties with Elekid.

Okay for those saying "OMG HOW CAN PIKACHU LOSE?" . People Calm Down, the WRITERS ALWAYS do this. They always reset pikachu's power level everytime Ash starts a new journey. Besides we dont even know wether Shinji is a beginning trainer or not. He can easily be an experienced trainer and so can his Elekid.

Yes i thought it was a good battle

we have no idea if Shinijii is a new trainer..he could be like ash..and just go caught a starter in the wild and Mukkuru a while ago..whil having Elekid as his partner

i thought it was great battle...monkey vs monkey was the best !! :D

Flamez
29th September 2006, 1:13 PM
Yeah, Aipoms first OFFICIAL win in a match. It also helped Ash catch Mukkuru.

Shinji caught his Mukkuru in front of Ash, I think. I cant tell much from the pictures there not loading up right.
His Elekid though, looks like its had experience before and Shinj doesn't look like a beginning trainer.

ghost master
29th September 2006, 6:45 PM
Why does Shinji have 3 Mukkuru's? I'm guessing he was trying to find the best one or something. I still like Pocchama even if its a brat. So the group meets up now that Mukkuru saves Pocchama from being captured from TR's Mecha. Ash climbs up the robot and saves Pika. They get blasted off. They return to the lab because Ash's clothes come in. They are talking seems Hikari and them decide to travel together. They leave the lab and Shinji is waiting for Ash. They battle Shinji's Mukkuru beats Ash's. Aipom iron tails Hikozaru back and it faints. It appears that Pikachu hadnt fully recovered from TR's damage done to it. Elekid and it battle for a bit and both faint resulting in a tie. Shinji says something and walks away carrying Elekid. Whatever he said to Ash pisses him off alot.

Almighty Zard
29th September 2006, 7:12 PM
Yeah, Aipoms first OFFICIAL win in a match. It also helped Ash catch Mukkuru.

Shinji caught his Mukkuru in front of Ash, I think. I cant tell much from the pictures there not loading up right.
His Elekid though, looks like its had experience before and Shinj doesn't look like a beginning trainer.

Flamez are you sure that Aipom won it's match? i was thinking it lost from the pictures i was looking at.

Flamez
29th September 2006, 7:16 PM
Flamez are you sure that Aipom won it's match? i was thinking it lost from the pictures i was looking at.
Yeah I thought that too cuz the pictures make it seem like that. But trust me, Aipom won.

Bliksem
29th September 2006, 7:32 PM
Shinji... doesn't look like a person I'd like. In fact, I already detest him. But that doesn't mean anything about his character, which is genius. I'm reminded of Silver, yet this guy is competent. I can't wait to see his line-up. I predict a Kaburaisu in the distant future.

I'd like to mention that Pikachu has a HORRIBLE track-record against the Ele-line. As far as I know, it's never beaten one by itself. I would NOT mind it if the anime stated that Pikachu sustained grevious injuries due to Team Rocket and thus lost a great deal of its power.

dannyphantomhott
29th September 2006, 7:44 PM
Why does Shinji have 3 Mukkuru's? I'm guessing he was trying to find the best one or something. I still like Pocchama even if its a brat. So the group meets up now that Mukkuru saves Pocchama from being captured from TR's Mecha. Ash climbs up the robot and saves Pika. They get blasted off. They return to the lab because Ash's clothes come in. They are talking seems Hikari and them decide to travel together. They leave the lab and Shinji is waiting for Ash. They battle Shinji's Mukkuru beats Ash's. Aipom iron tails Hikozaru back and it faints. It appears that Pikachu hadnt fully recovered from TR's damage done to it. Elekid and it battle for a bit and both faint resulting in a tie. Shinji says something and walks away carrying Elekid. Whatever he said to Ash pisses him off alot.

Wow, yah I saw that image of wher Ash looked ticked, wonder what Shinji said to tick him off. I also wonder what got Hikari to travel with the gang in the first place, was it becuase his Pikachu fried her bike? LOL. I can't wait to see all the images for the episode.

ghost master
29th September 2006, 7:47 PM
Flamez are you sure that Aipom won it's match? i was thinking it lost from the pictures i was looking at. The pics I saw had Aipom iron tailing Hikozaru who was on fire and the next pic is of Hikozaru on the ground as Shinji is returning it then Ash returns Aipom and smiling in the next pic.

I also wonder what got Hikari to travel with the gang in the first place, was it becuase his Pikachu fried her bike? LOL. I can't wait to see all the images for the episode. I dont think so. Ash was talking with Proffesor oak after done talking to his mom and there is a moment when Hikari is all excited and is having a conversation with Ash then Ash finishes the conversation with Oak and walks out to see Shinji. I'm assuming the part where Hikari was smiling and got excited was the part when they decided to travel together.

Flamez
29th September 2006, 7:50 PM
The pics I saw had Aipom iron tailing Hikozaru who was on fire and the next pic is of Hikozaru on the ground as Shinji is returning it then Ash returns Aipom and smiling in the next pic.
Not trying to be rude or anything but that was focus punch not iron tail.

ghost master
29th September 2006, 8:10 PM
Not trying to be rude or anything but that was focus punch not iron tail.
Sorry couldnt tell from pics. From what I had seen it looked like Iron tail.

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th September 2006, 10:41 PM
Team Rocket had a NEW MOTTO!

New BGM (kinda weird), AND New Words.

Don't know what they said, but I think Kojiro said "Crisis!"

Golden Darkness
29th September 2006, 11:38 PM
Episode 3 Outline:
- Ash and Brock see a blast of electricity shooting towards the sky. Thinking it is Pikachu, they run towards it, only to encounter Shinji and his Elekid blasting away at Mukkuru. He actually aims a Pokeball at Ash's Mukkuru.
- It turns out Shinji's trying to find the best Mukkuru to train, and his opinion he must catch many of them and then pick the best one, and let the others go. (How he chose one was the fact that the his Pokedex told him that one of the Mukkuru had Aerial Ace. He keeps that one and lets go the other two he caught.)
- Ash doesn't like this style of training apparently. Shinji offers for a 3 vs 3 battle. However Ash doesn't have three at the moment. Shinji walks off then.
- Ash and Brock see another blast of electricity, and it's from Pikachu's Volt Tackle. Hikari and Pikachu has run into one of Team Rocket's mech. It's resistant to all attacks, including Pochama's Bubblebeam and Pikachu's electric attacks.
- Team Rocket grabs Pikachu. Aipom and Mukkuru jump in to fire off their attacks. Team Rocket see Ash and goes into a new Motto.
- Ash climbs one of the mech's arms, and Team Rocket try to use the other arms to remove Ash, , but one of the arms ends up punching through the gut of the robot, causing it to explode. Ash and Pikachu crawl themselves outof the wreckage, safe and sound.
- Everyone heads back to the lab, where apparently a package for Ash has arrived. It's from his mother, containing new clothes.
- Ash speaks with Professor Oak. Hikari knows of him from his Pokemon Poetry.
- Hikari makes the decision to tag along with Ash and Brock. No mention of the bike.
- Shinji appears again, having decided to challenge Ash.
- Shinij's Mukkuru beat's Ash's Mukkuru.
- Ash's Aipom beat's Shinji's Hikozaru.
- Ash's Pikachu and Shinji's Elekid Double KO each other.

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th September 2006, 11:44 PM
Did the Oak Lecture segments return?

Almighty Zard
30th September 2006, 12:02 AM
So does Shinji still have his Mukkuru or not, also i've noticed that Shinji's elekid faught pikachu similar to how gary's elekible did including using protect against Volt Tackle

The Big Al
30th September 2006, 12:03 AM
Another stupid oversized robot. Almost all my hopes for D/P have gone out the window.

Ashy Boy
30th September 2006, 12:05 AM
If I was to guess what Shinji said to Ash that ticked him off, he assumed that Ash wasn't at all good.

S.Suikun
30th September 2006, 12:09 AM
- It turns out Shinji's trying to find the best Mukkuru to train, and his opinion he must catch many of them and then pick the best one, and let the others go. (How he chose one was the fact that the his Pokedex told him that one of the Mukkuru had Aerial Ace. He keeps that one and lets go the other two he caught.)
- Ash doesn't like this style of training apparently..
Sounds like Shinji is just like most Pokemon game players.

Golden Darkness
30th September 2006, 12:31 AM
So does Shinji still have his Mukkuru or not

Nope. He doesn't.

Almighty Zard
30th September 2006, 12:33 AM
Nope. He doesn't.

you do know i'm referring to the one he used in the battle against Ash's right?

dark trainer
30th September 2006, 12:35 AM
looks like shinji is more like gary, great

Devilrose
30th September 2006, 12:36 AM
Ok, I officially hate Shinji. Obviously thats the purpose of his character though, to be an absolutely heartless jerk. Not an arrogant snob like Gary or Drew, but a complete and all-out jerk.

...Best character design yet, though.

Golden Darkness
30th September 2006, 12:37 AM
you do know i'm referring to the one he used in the battle against Ash's right?

Of course. Only thing I'm unsure of is why.

CyberCubed
30th September 2006, 12:38 AM
It's pretty depressing when Pikachu can barely beat an Elekid.

I wonder if the writers watch their own show anymore? Don't they remember Pikachu losing to Super Electabuzz in AG191? Don't they remember that Pikachu SHOULD be very powerful and it recently took out a legendary?

There is no excuse for this.

The Benmeister
30th September 2006, 12:38 AM
Did he not keep the Mukkuru? I couldn't see him release it - then again, I've only seen the pictures.

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th September 2006, 1:05 AM
Ash keeps Mukkuru.

Shinji gives his away.

Ash6K
30th September 2006, 1:43 AM
Monkey vs. Monkey...I love it! I hope Ash's Aipom learns some fire attacks cuz then it would also be a fire vs. fire match next battle! As for the rest of the episode, Shinji's attitude is a great contrast to Ash. Here's hoping that they we see more of their interactions. Overall good episode, I'm glad that we got to see the first Shinou battle!

dannyphantomhott
30th September 2006, 2:27 AM
I'm sure Shinji will be back what I'm going to speculate on now is whether or not he works for Team Galxy, it seems right up his alley. Will see, so far I've been right about every thing before. Any ways Cyb, must you comapline about every thing? Like I said before just enjoy it, don't worry about it. I'm enjoying every second. Whether or not Shinji is heartless he's becoming my favorite rival for Ash. I'm sure there will be more interaction between the two, this is after all the first episode he's in. I bet Shinji will be the type who wants to defeat Ash himself without Team Rockets help but who knows.

SuperShadow
30th September 2006, 2:35 AM
Ash keeps Mukkuru.

Shinji gives his away.

Why do that if his defeated Ash's?

Stage On
30th September 2006, 2:38 AM
Why do that if his defeated Ash's?

Maybe he decieded that it still wasn't strong enough after watching it battle.

And Pikachu tieing with Elekid isn't so bad if you remember the fact that it was weakned by Team rocket a bit and wasn't at 100% of it's usual power.

SuperShadow
30th September 2006, 2:45 AM
Maybe he decieded that it still wasn't strong enough after watching it battle.

And Pikachu tieing with Elekid isn't so bad if you remember the fact that it was weakned by Team rocket a bit and wasn't at 100% of it's usual power.

True. So the battle was a tie, well maybe we will see him with more permanint pokemon next time (I hope).

dannyphantomhott
30th September 2006, 2:49 AM
I heard the reason Shinji released that Pokemon was to tick off Ash =[

Comoesa
30th September 2006, 3:01 AM
Shinji=Badass
Gary=Jerk
I'm already starting to like DP.

Pikafan
30th September 2006, 4:00 AM
That Shinji guy is a real jerk for thinking pokemon are only meant for battling. But I've got to admit is black pokedex was pretty cool.

The Flat World
30th September 2006, 4:46 AM
It's pretty depressing when Pikachu can barely beat an Elekid.

I wonder if the writers watch their own show anymore? Don't they remember Pikachu losing to Super Electabuzz in AG191? Don't they remember that Pikachu SHOULD be very powerful and it recently took out a legendary?

There is no excuse for this.

Hello? Since when did the evo > pre-evo equation work in the anime world? For all we know, Shinji's Elekid could be as strong and experienced as Pikachu, but just chose not to evolve.

Pikachu has beaten a Raichu. That means Raichus can be weaker than Pikachus. And going by the same logic, even Elekids can be stronger than Electabuzz. Get my logic?

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th September 2006, 5:06 AM
But Pikachu went to the Pokecenter before the battle, he was most likely healed.

zipzap713
30th September 2006, 5:59 AM
umm does anyone know why hikari joined ash and brock for the journey? i hope it is not about the bike (again)

darkabsolking
30th September 2006, 8:32 AM
pikachu losing to shedji isnt that bad sounding remeber volt tackle hurts the user and since it hit a wall (protect) pikachu was damaged alot

Jikkle
30th September 2006, 10:51 AM
At least D/P will have a decent rival that was sorely lacking in AG and a heel to boot :p

Eh I kinda have to lean with not liking the fact that Pikachu tied with Elekid. Or at least in the manner it did. We've seen Pikachu over the years take a whole lot more damage and get rocked harder than it has and won so to see it all the sudden become weak (again *sigh*) is kinda annoying at this point.

Other than that I think D/P is shaping up quite well. So far I've like the direction they are taking Hikari and Poochma and the fact Ash again has a good rival.

Flamez
30th September 2006, 2:02 PM
Saw it.

Shinji is bada**. He has 3 mukkuru and keeps the one who knows aerial ace and double team. He releases it though after the battle. A great start to DP, the writers have given Ash an awesome rival. At the end there rivalry is so intriguing I can wait to see them battle again.

Again Hikari and Poochama were great. She's a fan of Prof. Oak's poetry.

The battle was good.
The bird fight was pretty much one sided, Shinji's knew better attacks.
Aipom vs. Hikozaru also very good. Aipom gets its first win. That is Flamewheel right? Aipom whips it with a focus punch, lol.
Pikachu vs. Elekid- Nice, Pikachu using two iron tails again is always good. The first one was to break Elekid's Thunderpunch and the second was to break the elekids jaw.lol
Both fall down.

Ash has to develop more on his DEFENSE. Its twice now that Protect has been a good weapon against him, the writers should have him focus on how to increase his pokemon's defense and counter attacks like that. Just a thought.

Now for those saying Pikachu was already injured, I dont know about that. Im sure after TR blast off Brock says something about healing pikachu and poochama. Ofcourse healing at a pokemon center is more acceptable but Im not going to whine about it not being in perfect shape. Pikachu looked just fine.

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th September 2006, 2:32 PM
What attack did Mukkuru use (Ash's) when stopping the TR Mech?

Flamez
30th September 2006, 2:35 PM
What attack did Mukkuru use (Ash's) when stopping the TR Mech?
I think it was Gust or maybe whirlwind. It didnt really stop it, it just forced it back with the high wind.

Gravy
30th September 2006, 2:52 PM
Mukuru used the almighty Gust attack, like the Pidgeotto/Swellow/Pochama fusion it is.

Lee-san
30th September 2006, 3:00 PM
Mukkuru losing against Mukkuru - alright, Shinji's knew better attacks and was more experienced
Aipom winning against Hikozaru - good
Pikachu tieing against Elekid - looks like Shinji's Elekid is just like Ash's Pikachu, so it's understandable

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th September 2006, 3:03 PM
I noticed Ash is now....ACTION HERO ASH ONCE MORE!

Running up tentacles = Priceless.

ghost master
30th September 2006, 3:46 PM
Ash has to develop more on his DEFENSE. Its twice now that Protect has been a good weapon against him, the writers should have him focus on how to increase his pokemon's defense and counter attacks like that. Just a thought. Yeah hopefully Pikachu learns a defensive move this time around. The writers I think are going to have Ash learn that lesson about his strategy. One of the reasons why May left was because Scott and Brock noted in the May vs. Drew episode that Ash's overly offensive strategy isnt good for a coordinator and that May mimicked Ash's strategy. I think the writers have been emphasizing this all of the BF saga that he needs to be more defensive at times. The Gary and Shinji battle may finally drill it into his head.

BattleFranky~40
30th September 2006, 4:29 PM
Man, that was one mediocre battle.

But still, I'm starting to like Shinji. I mean, he's like the typical Pokemon elitist who is training EVs 24/7 and only accepts the perfect movesets for his pokemon.

CyberCubed
30th September 2006, 6:56 PM
Shinji better appear often, at any rate, I see Gary being shafted this season for Shinji.

I disliked the way Hikari decided to travel with Ash/Brock? Spur of the moment, much?

I also thought Hikari was fairly disappointing in this episode, how much can you lay it on that Hikari is another energetic girly girl? The fact that Ash/Brock didn't even mention May when Hikari said she wants to be a coordinator was beyond ridiculous.

Hikari has been a huge disappointment so far. The writers really need to learn how to differentiate their characters more. She is to May what Richie is to Ash, and it's quite a let down.

Akaba
30th September 2006, 7:18 PM
The battle was 'eh'.

Aipom kickin' *** was nice.

And Shinji seems to be like a good character - someone who only wants the best. Really throws a Silver vibe from the manga.

Anyways, yes -

SNK is here.

It is now.

That Elekid took steroids. That's why it was a tie.

diablohuman
30th September 2006, 8:46 PM
I already dislike Shinji, the writer's have done a great job lol. I wanted Pikachu and ash to win though, how does a Regice beating, battle frontier champion Pikachu draw with a baby Pokemon? I would of though Ash would have the experience by now to use physical attacks on a electric Pokemon. I'm pleased that Aipom owned in it's battle though.

S_P
30th September 2006, 9:13 PM
Pikachu never had particularly good success against Elekid/Eleboo/Elekible.

Didn't the episode also talk about Elekid powering up from absorbing the electricity or something? If Pikachu's Thunderbolt was good, then the better it was at the time the more it powered up Elekid.

So, Thunderbolt was useless.
Volt Tackle was countered by Mamoru (er I mean Protect). Since it's D/P now, Volt Tackle 'should' be considered a physical component because it is an electrical tackle.
All there is left is pretty much Quick Attack and Iron Tail (no! pull out the random kanto attacks like clawing, biting, and double-edge!)

Right, and Elekid fell to just about one Iron Tail for the most part.

The only thing I found stupid was the lack of a Quick Attack. Perhaps Satoshi did not use it due to how Mukkuru fell after using Quick Attack.

A small trainer to trainer battle like that could be considered a spar. Fainting could occur much sooner. Pikachu also had one too many adventures and battles prior anyways. It's emphasizing that Pikachu had limited endurance. It also probably didn't expect to battle until it actually occured (as opposed to a gym battle or a frontier match where battling is the only thing it is set out to do aside from cheering on). It could also just be tired. If BF when Pikachu used Volt Tackle, most of the time the battle ended.

Exhaustion does exist.

Mentioning Haruka was not needed. Why? They all just met. THEY ALL JUST MET. There were other things to deal with. Also, Satoshi and Takeshi don't know the terrain of Shinou, but Hikari knows more about the contests in the area and how some of them work probably (or what was hot there, or whatever). Mention Haruka? What for? The contesting system isn't even the same.

Stopping TR was highly exaggerated though. The mech had an odd weakness, but the damage was more reasonable than Pochama having unrealistic power, or any of the other pokemon for that matter. And yes, anyone could be amazed at ten years old seeing an older kid climb up a mech to save a pokemon. It would be completely unrealistic to have Hikari do that.

Mmm but it is nice to hear Speed Star! Sounds much better than Swift, lol.

Look at this another way, Takeshi was useful.

Almighty Zard
30th September 2006, 9:27 PM
And Shinji seems to be like a good character - someone who only wants the best. Really throws a Silver vibe from the manga.

i felt the same way about him he reminds me so much of the GSC rival with his attitude, heck i wondered if thier related.

Dreamer
30th September 2006, 9:53 PM
I dislike Shinji, but I think it's a great character anyway. could cause soem interesting episodes. the battle was nice.

mukkuru VS mukkuru: shinji's seemed to be better from the start, so it makes sense it lost.
Hikozaru VS Aipom: finaly a win in a trainer battle for Aipom. I liked this one a lot.
Elekid VS Pikachu: even though it seems weird Pikachu lost, it also makes sense. I mean, it looked fine and all, but it had to be exhausted.

I hope we'll see a lot more of shinji, I dislike his character so much...I like it :)
Hikari and Pochama remain great...[(I]and not a May clone like a certain member claims her to be. get over yourself.[/I])

this episode was good...I say D/P had made a really good start.

the only real downside of this episode was the fact that I can't wait to play D/P, but I haven't had a lot of time to play yet...still have to get the first badge...

Kabuto
30th September 2006, 10:46 PM
Shinji is the best character in the anime in a long time. Like how he mistreats his pokemon, reminds me alot of silver from g/s/c.

Weav-vile
1st October 2006, 12:14 AM
Someone tell Serebii please that Shinji doesn't release his last Mukkuru after battling Ash! I saw the episodes and he didn't do that.

And NO, Ash's Pikachu didn't lose for Shinji's Elekid, 'cause this last one fainted at the same time as Pikachu did.

If you want, I can post the links for downloadin the episodes here, but you'll need Real Media to see it!

EDIT: Sorry, I was wrong about the part I said Shinji didn't release his last Mukkuru!!! ><'

Kabuto
1st October 2006, 12:18 AM
I could've sworn he did release it. Ash was yelling at Shinji while Mukkuru flew away...

Almighty Zard
1st October 2006, 12:21 AM
Weav-vile are you sure, i know i haven't actually seen the episodes but judging by the pics here and at other sites it does look like he did release it.

Weav-vile
1st October 2006, 12:26 AM
Weav-vile are you sure, i know i haven't actually seen the episodes but judging by the pics here and at other sites it does look like he did release it.

I could've sworn he did release it. Ash was yelling at Shinji while Mukkuru flew away...

Sorry, guys, I misunderstood!

Gravy
1st October 2006, 12:33 AM
Weav-vile is correct. Shinji did indeed release 2 of the three Mukuru he had captured, and kept one of them which went on to beat Ash's. After which, he returned it to it's pokéball, and then sent out Hikozaru for round 2.
Besides...what reason would he have to release the creature if it had won it's battle without breaking a sweat?

BattleFranky~40
1st October 2006, 12:35 AM
He released his Mukkuru.

It had that blue aura around it, same as the other two Mukkuru earlier in the episode. It's gone.

Weav-vile
1st October 2006, 12:36 AM
Weav-vile is correct. Shinji did indeed release 2 of the three Mukuru he had captured, and kept one of them which went on to beat Ash's. After which, he returned it to it's pokéball, and then sent out Hikozaru for round 2.
Besides...what reason would he have to release the creature if it had won it's battle without breaking a sweat?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that! :)
The episodes are awesome, btw.

EDIT: No, no, no...
He releasead his Mukkuru... :\
I've made a mistake, sorry!

Sushi
1st October 2006, 12:38 AM
Uhm...are people just referring to the end of the Mukkuru VS Mukkuru battle or the end of the entire battle?

Cause Shinji obviously DID release it after the entire battle ended. The flash light coming from the Pokéball being blue instead of red seems to be an indication that a Pokémon is called out to leave forever, and that was exactly the case here. [/edit:beaten]

'sides, after he called it out, Shinji made a speech on how he could get another Mukkuru like that at any time and wants to get an even stronger one.

Almighty Zard
1st October 2006, 12:41 AM
i just watched the clip provided by Weav-vile and yes he did release after the battle was over he just chunked the ball in the air and off it the Mukkuru went.

Kabuto
1st October 2006, 12:43 AM
After the battle he released it, after it was declared a tie. Why...I don't know. Shinjis defeated ash's, maybe shinji was trying to piss him off, or maybe he just hates Mukkuru :p

Gravy
1st October 2006, 12:43 AM
Bah, I must've not been paying attention the first time through. Either that or I just skipped to the ending to see what all the fuss was about. My bad :P

Weav-vile
1st October 2006, 12:44 AM
SORRY >_<
I didn't notice that part, he INDEED released the Mukkuru. ._.
Sorry, guys.

Hitokage
1st October 2006, 1:32 AM
I still don't get why Shinji released Mukkuru if it beat Satoshi's. That makes no sense to me. Anyway, good episode. I like the new character, Hikari. I also like the ending. Very good start for a new series.

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st October 2006, 2:00 AM
Shinji is a Game Boy elitist.

He breeds, gets perfect natures, EV trains, uses the Emerald Glitch, and goes to Smogon.

Umi Mizuno
1st October 2006, 2:03 AM
Shinji's voice was pretty good. o.o Though I still don't like his face, too Brandon-ish. :P

I couldn't really pay attention to Hikari, more attention on Ash now. The battle was better then usual so it's definately something to see.

Weav-vile
1st October 2006, 2:09 AM
Shinji rox, he's better than any Ash's rival I've seen (and I've seen all of them =P).
I believe we can expect great things from what I've seen in these 3 first Shinou episodes... It's gonna rock and it's gonna be the best of all sagas. ;)

sandygirl888
1st October 2006, 2:47 AM
This episode was pretty good compared to the beginning hoenn episodes. I am a bit annoyed that Pikachu didn't take Elekid out when it's so much stronger than it. Shingji is a cool character though, so dark and evil. (kinda)

BattleFranky~40
1st October 2006, 3:02 AM
This episode was pretty good compared to the beginning hoenn episodes. I am a bit annoyed that Pikachu didn't take Elekid out when it's so much stronger than it. Shingji is a cool character though, so dark and evil. (kinda)

How hard is it to understand that it was a tie pretty much because PIKACHU COULDNT USE ELECTRIC ATTACKS

Misawa Kaitou
1st October 2006, 4:52 AM
Shinji better appear often, at any rate, I see Gary being shafted this season for Shinji.

I disliked the way Hikari decided to travel with Ash/Brock? Spur of the moment, much?

I also thought Hikari was fairly disappointing in this episode, how much can you lay it on that Hikari is another energetic girly girl? The fact that Ash/Brock didn't even mention May when Hikari said she wants to be a coordinator was beyond ridiculous.

Hikari has been a huge disappointment so far. The writers really need to learn how to differentiate their characters more. She is to May what Richie is to Ash, and it's quite a let down.

Are you kidding me? Hikari is to May AND Ash what Ritchie is to Ash.

Her starter Pokemon doesn't like her at first.

Just like Ash.

She attempts to capture Pokemon at first, but fails.

Just like Ash.

She sees a legendary Pokemon at the begining of her journey.

Just like Ash.

Her starter beats a bunch of Pokemon of the same kind that want to attack the new trainer, by using an attack that shouldn't be as powerful as it is.

Just like Ash.

Anyway, was the part that she said that she wanted to be a coordinator when they were talking to Professor Oak? If so, then didn't Ash and Brock kinda freeze when she mentioned it?

I don't understand Japanese, so I don't know. In any case, I'm still reserving judgement on Hikari. Her character hasn't developed yet, and I'll see that before I make a verdict on her.

Also, another new Motto for Team Rocket?!?! Why? The second motto only had 1 season...

Akeji
1st October 2006, 5:01 AM
OMG Shinji = the only relatively new thing on this otherwise beyond stale series.

I stopped watching Johto halfway through.
AG interested me at first, but then I realized it was roughly the same thing and stopped watching (still paid attention to anything Harley... he was cool).

And now I'm giving DP a shot... and Shinji (and Pocchama!!! it's awesome) are the only reasons I'll keep on watching for now.

I LOVE how cruel Shinji is to all those Mukkuru. You tell them how worthless they are!

Thus far Shinji's team is pretty sweet. Hikozary is annoying and creepy.... so it's fun. And Elekid is just there to go "ha you suck Pikachu!". =D I hope he gets even more awesome Pokemon.

Squirtle_007
1st October 2006, 6:29 AM
OK, saw the episode and here´s my thoughts:

* A constant rival is what Satoshi needs, in AG he hasn´t one and that was an important fact in Haruka´s contest arc
* Shinji is a great addition to the cast, I hope he keeps that attitude for the rest of the saga, he reminds me the GSC rival, even in the attitude
* After seeing Hikozaru battling, I REALLY don´t want Takeshi gets one, that monkey looks very active to be rotting in it´s pokéball
* I noted the writers REALLY stopped Hikari´s independent personality, in the first episode she was capable to feed Pocchama, take care of it and cure it´s wounds, in the second episode, she failed catching Pokémon and took Pikachu to a Pokémon Center, now she just freaked out seeing Pocchama´s hurts, that sucks
* Wow, now in Shinou every attack produces an explosion, will Growl do it too?
* It´s official, Satoshi´s father is Clark Kent, he can climb robots and survive an explosion that blasts Team Rocket off and only his clothes we´re harmed

The Flat World
1st October 2006, 6:47 AM
I love the fact that Shinji isn't all 'oh I love pokemon, they're my friends!' It's about time the anime showed trainers that don't give a sh*t about the pokemons' feelings, but care only about their battling abilities. Kinda like the rival from the G/S/C games and many of the competitive battlers in the RMT section. Releasing the pokemon he considers incompetent = THE SPIRIT OF A TRULY SKILLED TRAINER.

Shinji's existance will give Ash an incentive to train harder. And I bet Hizokaru and Naetoru will both evolve to the final stage, and have a face-off in the final tournament, much like Charizard vs. Blastoise in Johto.

~Flareon~
1st October 2006, 6:50 AM
I watched the episode pictures already. And so it's a 3 VS 3 battle. I know that Ash caught a Mukkuru. And he found Pikachu after Team Rocket blasted off. He meets Hikari and her Poochama. After that, Shinji challenges Ash to a battle. It was exciting.

saar15
1st October 2006, 7:14 AM
someone know if i can find on the net this episode allready, like in youtube?

Pika Hikari KT
1st October 2006, 7:17 AM
Shinji is a Game Boy elitist.

He breeds, gets perfect natures, EV trains, uses the Emerald Glitch, and goes to Smogon.
ROFLAO~

That was just an awesome description of Shinji. Someone sig it NAO!:D

NES
1st October 2006, 9:02 AM
Shinji just does EV/IV training, leave him be :P.

Ok, now what's with Ash (Satoshi)?, his pikachu is now like level 53 or just "high level"(no trolling), why in the hell he "draw" with a rookie like Shinji?, or is he a experienced trainer?, anyone knows?.

Smogon *thumbs up* :).

Cobalt_Latios
1st October 2006, 9:25 AM
Well, ive watched the 3rd episode on Youtube and can say that this is quite interesting. Does Ash always assume that random bolts of electricity in the middle of a forest belong to Pikachu? Oh nice, Shinji has a one strap backpack. Ive always wanted one of those.

Wow, they really are promoting the DS Lite arent they? First we see Hikari's PINK pokedex, then we see Shinji's NAVY BLUE pokedex. Wow, advertising within a cartoon. Nice going Nintendo...

For those pokedexes, it seems that Shinji was using it to check which attacks each of the Mukkuru had before releasing two of them. They seriously are copying this game.

I just realised something, I think Shinji is a mix of Drew and Gary. Though im not sure why.

Ok, now they see a friggen huge pillar of electricity, and who was using it? Pikachu. Why? Team Rocket, in another random mecha. Wow, after all these years Team Rocket has finally coated everything they buy with electricity resistant material.

Hehe, then Ash and Brock show up to save Pikachu, and then the rest is history, literally. Ok, Team Rocket, Ash and Brock know who you are, so you dont need to keep using your GODDAMN MOTTO!! (on a side not, I think that the french Meowth sounds almost exactly like the japanese Meowth.) Wow, for once Team Rocket sent themselves blasting off. Twice within 2 episodes, heh, that's a first.

Brock uses a Super Potion on Pocchama. Let's see the last time that was used was i think the 4 Hoenn episode.

Oh, so it's the professor that gives Ash a new outfit. How... fitting. Oh, wait, it's Ashes mom that sends him his outfit.

What does Hikari say that makes Ash and Brock seem to cringe/shocked?

After such a nice greeting inside the lab, look who's waiting for Ash!

Brock takes back his role as the battle judge. Why does this battle seem like such a familiar format? It reminds me of that Samurai battle back in Kanto, in the first few episodes. Ash's Mukkuru losing was somewhat predictable, I mean he just got afterall. Also back to Ash's routine of scanning every Pokemon he sees. What attack did Hikozaru use after having used Ember?
Ah yes, back to Ash's good ol' strategies. Those were cool to have seen. Also he's had more experience with Aipom anyways. Oh now Hikari's scanning Elekid. I guess it's because Ash has already seen one before.(Nice touch of them using the eighth movie title music for this battle. Nice return of Volt Tackle, then Iron Tail(kinda knew that was coming up next). Oh nice, a tie. A perfect tie actually.
First part: Shinji 1, Ash 0; Second part: Shinji 1, Ash 1 ; Third part: Shinji 2, Ash 2.

Right after that battle, he releases that last Mukkuru he had. I wonder why. Not only that, i wonder why Ash is mad at him for doing that? Also, Both Ash and Pikachu seem to be on their rematch mood type thing.

Eh, nice episode. I noticed that Hikari has a Poketchi on her left arm during the credits. When do you think she'll get that. Do you think Ash could also get this?

All in all, i feel like this is already shaping up to be a great series. If only this episode were at the very least subbed, then i wouldve liked it even more.

~C_L~

Ashu Quester
1st October 2006, 1:12 PM
Right after that battle, he releases that last Mukkuru he had. I wonder why. Not only that, i wonder why Ash is mad at him for doing that? Also, Both Ash and Pikachu seem to be on their rematch mood type thing.

Despite that his attitude toward training is hilariously the same as most of us, it is seen as cold and dispassionate in the anime. Satoshi's all about friendship with his Pokémon partners, so it offended him on behalf of the Mukkuru that Shinji released the less useful ones and then the last one after it didn't perform up to his standards (regardless of winning). That Satoshi was already training a Mukkuru may have also contributed to Shinji's desire to release it.

The Benmeister
1st October 2006, 1:27 PM
Wow, they really are promoting the DS Lite arent they? First we see Hikari's PINK pokedex, then we see Shinji's NAVY BLUE pokedex. Wow, advertising within a cartoon. Nice going Nintendo...

Unless you have been living in a cave for the past ten years you'd notice the entire cartoon is an advertisement.

saar15
1st October 2006, 1:44 PM
someone know if i can find on the net this episode allready, like in youtube?

plz some one???

ghost master
1st October 2006, 3:39 PM
Ash's Mukkuru losing was somewhat predictable, I mean he just got afterall. Shinji just got his too. He had just caught it at the beggining of the episode.

I just realised something, I think Shinji is a mix of Drew and Gary. Though im not sure why. He isnt like them at all really. Shinji is most like silver from G/S/C games.

The Flat World
1st October 2006, 6:54 PM
The sad thing is.... that Ash will probably beat Shinji in the end.Despite the fact that in the games, Shinji's way of training and treating pokemon (caring about the exact natures, EVs, IVs, movesets and roster) is much more effective than those of Ash's (relying on luck-based strategies and loooooooooving your pokemon). :(

Blaziryu
1st October 2006, 8:12 PM
When I read the episode guide and view the episode pics, I said to myself "Ash really sucks". I mean, how the hell could he let his battle against Shinji end as a tie. For crying out loud, but Shinji is just a rookie. Pikachu is a real disappointment. Shinji being a rookie, his PKMN levels shouldn't be higher than 10. Yet Pikachu, who's like at like level 90 something was tied with Shinji's Elekid. If Gary would witness this battle, he would been like "Ash, how the fu*k you end in a tie? The as*hole is fu*kin rookie for crying out. I can beat that little fu*ker with my eyes close. And you suppose to be the fu*kin winner of the Battle Frontier. Man, you really suck".

Flamez
1st October 2006, 8:50 PM
When I read the episode guide and view the episode pics, I said to myself "Ash really sucks". I mean, how the hell could he let his battle against Shinji end as a tie. For crying out loud, but Shinji is just a rookie. Pikachu is a real disappointment. Shinji being a rookie, his PKMN levels shouldn't be higher than 10. Yet Pikachu, who's like at like level 90 something was tied with Shinji's Elekid. If Gary would witness this battle, he would been like "Ash, how the fu*k you end in a tie? The as*hole is fu*kin rookie for crying out. I can beat that little fu*ker with my eyes close. And you suppose to be the fu*kin winner of the Battle Frontier. Man, you really suck".
Do we know for sure that he's a beginning trainer?
After watching the episode it looks like he's an experience trainer who's had that elekid for a while now. When Ash and Brock are searching for Pikachu, they see a huge flash of electricity and think its pikachu. It ends up being Elekid (shinji's) then they see another one which is Pikachu's. I think right there it goes to show that Elekid is freakin poweful, why cant another pokemon be as strong as ash's pikachu? When Ash met gary in the last episode of AG and TR were trying to capture Elekible it also showed off its crazy electric power which Ash saw and ended up following.
Some of you people are taking it too much to the head. Just because it beat regice doesnt mean pikachu wont lose or tie anymore. And this is twice now that Volt tackle was stopped in its track (by protect). All pikachu has is electric attacks which were useless. Only iron tail was effective which pikachu did use and caught elekid with ONCE. Also when there battling we see pikachu start out with thunderbolt and it does next to nothing against elekid. Yet when elekid uses thunderbolt pikachu gets hurt. Doesnt that mean that Elekid has more power in its electric attacks than pikachu and very well MIGHT BE EXPERIENCED?

Magical Needle Smash
1st October 2006, 11:15 PM
That's right. When Satoshi and Takeshi saw that electric attack in the woods, Takeshi mentioned that it was of "considerable power," which is why they thought it was Pikachu. Even if Shinji is a new trainer, it's been established that his Elekid is supposed to be powerful. Apart from his dissatisfaction from the Mukkuro he caught, Shinji also remarked that his Hikozaru was still unusable after it lost to Aipom, so that sheds even more light on what kind of trainer he is.

Also, after the battle, Satoshi noted that Pikachu was the one to fall first, so he accepted it as a loss instead of a tie, but he was apparently the only one that cared about that.

Ashu Quester
1st October 2006, 11:28 PM
Also when there battling we see pikachu start out with thunderbolt and it does next to nothing against elekid. Yet when elekid uses thunderbolt pikachu gets hurt. Doesnt that mean that Elekid has more power in its electric attacks than pikachu and very well MIGHT BE EXPERIENCED?

It's apparently a specially trained or unique Elekid (similar to the Poliwrath in the Orange Islands), because it's Static ability shouldn't make it immune to electric attacks. Why have Elekible needlessly dodge electric attacks when he actually does have the Electric Engine ability and then have Elekid absorb and power up from them?

Geodude
2nd October 2006, 12:45 AM
On the Pikachu vs Elekid battle:
I agree with those who said that Pikachu probably wasn't at full strength. Just look at all it had been through that day, it hadn't rested much.

On Shinji's release of the last Mukkuru:
That establishes Shinji's criteria for his Pokemon: It's not necessarily a simple question of whether or not they can provide a win, he judges them based on how strong he perceives them to be.

Pokemon Fan
2nd October 2006, 12:46 AM
The sad thing is.... that Ash will probably beat Shinji in the end.Despite the fact that in the games, Shinji's way of training and treating pokemon (caring about the exact natures, EVs, IVs, movesets and roster) is much more effective than those of Ash's (relying on luck-based strategies and loooooooooving your pokemon). :(
In the games, sure, there the pokemon are bits of data that can't get tired, respond to emotions etc. though the whole "happiness level" thing does have some minor effects on power and evolution.

In the anime though, such things can have real effects, just as many trainers have noted while battling Ash when the pokemon did something extraordinary it was because of Ash's feelings and relationship with them (Noctowl learning Confusion, Taillow evolving and many others).

It would seem to me that Shinji and Ash's rivalry will center on a form of nature vs. nurture. In the pokemon world this would mean that Shinji only caes about the current physical traits and abilities of his pokemon and where those are likely to go. He doesn't spend time considering how much potnetial a Pokemon may have if given good training and such. He looks for ones that are already abnormally strong and seeks to make them stronger, while Ash simply seeks to make his pokemon as strong as they individually can be, regardless of results.

This makes three very distinct styles between Ash, Shinji and Gary.

Gary: Catch as many pokemon as possible, don't spend much time with any individual one of them, and in so doing gain massive power and variety (though he seems to have changed that viewpoint since then).

Ash: Capture pokemon you personally desire or who want to be with you and care more about their happiness than becoming stronger, and in turn the pokemon rewarding the trainer for his love and acceptance by bringing out their full potential. Ash has also adopted more of Gary's "switch out for in-storage pokemon" style as time has passed.

Shinji: Seek out the strongest wild pokemon possible, capture them, and make them even stronger. The current abilities of any pokemon you face are most important.

Medea
2nd October 2006, 2:58 AM
Well I can just hear the fan girls scream here about Shinji. Well as far as I'm concerned, I do not like Shinji one bit right now (and this opinion might change in the future because I used to hate Drew as well). Anyways, it was an okay episode. And I have to say this, when I saw the fight between Aipom and Hikozaru, I was just waiting for them to start crapping and throwing their crap at each other *shot* Yeah, I'm an idiot!

And after seeing these three episodes together this morning, I'm going to have high hopes for this upcoming season (and eagerly awaiting for Ash to go up against Merissa) I know I'm streching that but...Oh well.

TheBuddyBud
2nd October 2006, 3:01 AM
they sure did a good job at making shinji an ***

why is pikachu so weak?
it losing to elekible was understandable

but elekid?? the prepre-evo?
a tie is not even acceptable

if elekid isnt affected by electricity attacks at all, why is pikachu, an electric HIGH leveled pokemon, be inflicted with so much damage, to a LOW leveled elekid with an electric type attack??
AND to add it all up, did we forget that pikachu has single handedly defeated REGICE??

BattleFranky~40
2nd October 2006, 3:09 AM
they sure did a good job at making shinji an ***

why is pikachu so weak?
it losing to elekible was understandable

but elekid?? the prepre-evo?
a tie is not even acceptable

if elekid isnt affected by electricity attacks at all, why is pikachu, an electric HIGH leveled pokemon, be inflicted with so much damage, to a LOW leveled elekid with an electric type attack??
AND to add it all up, did we forget that pikachu has single handedly defeated REGICE??
1. Pikachu had been through a LOT the past couple episodes.
2. Elekid is not just unaffected by electric attacks, it ABSORBS them and grows stronger.
3. Pikachu is always nerfed at the end of regions. If you haven't realized this by now, you must be blind.
4. Please note that Elekid was taken out by ONE attack.

Fiend Ryu
2nd October 2006, 3:14 AM
Do we know for sure that he's a beginning trainer?
After watching the episode it looks like he's an experience trainer who's had that elekid for a while now. When Ash and Brock are searching for Pikachu, they see a huge flash of electricity and think its pikachu. It ends up being Elekid (shinji's) then they see another one which is Pikachu's. I think right there it goes to show that Elekid is freakin poweful, why cant another pokemon be as strong as ash's pikachu? When Ash met gary in the last episode of AG and TR were trying to capture Elekible it also showed off its crazy electric power which Ash saw and ended up following.
Some of you people are taking it too much to the head. Just because it beat regice doesnt mean pikachu wont lose or tie anymore. And this is twice now that Volt tackle was stopped in its track (by protect). All pikachu has is electric attacks which were useless. Only iron tail was effective which pikachu did use and caught elekid with ONCE. Also when there battling we see pikachu start out with thunderbolt and it does next to nothing against elekid. Yet when elekid uses thunderbolt pikachu gets hurt. Doesnt that mean that Elekid has more power in its electric attacks than pikachu and very well MIGHT BE EXPERIENCED?

OK, let's say Shinji and Elekid are very experienced. Pikachu, having been with Ash through several different regions now, must be at an extremely high level now. Let's say 70 something.

Elekid could not be at that level. Why?

Shinji doesn't seem to be the kind of trainer to hold his Pokemon back from evolving. He wants them to be all powerful, not to be stuck in their first form at such a high level.

Oh, BTW, this episode has me thinking about Ash getting a Magby...

Yes. Ash MUST get a Magby. Magmar Final Evo vs. Shinji's Elekible. Goukuzaru vs. Pikachu.

It's the way it's gonna turn out. Face it. MWUAHAHAHAHAH!!!!11 *Cough*

OK, ignore the n00bish rants. You never saw em, OK?

BattleFranky~40
2nd October 2006, 3:18 AM
There are no levels in the anime, despite what crappy early episodes and some dub lines want you to think.

gamefreak5034
2nd October 2006, 3:20 AM
Saw the 3 eps yesterday and at first i was upset at the tie but after rewatching thr battle i realized ash beat elekid in one shot while elekid had gotten many hits on pikachu

S.Suikun
2nd October 2006, 3:54 AM
Finally got the ep, and...

DID THEY JUST ****ING PLAY "RETALIATE" FROM MOVIE 8? I don't care how crappy the battle itself was. That instantly made it worthwhile in my book. I actually posted just a few weeks ago when the Regice battle aired that I wondered whether or not they were ever going to use it in the anime, as it's probably my favorite musical piece in the history of the series + movies.

On another note, this is sure one no-personality professor.

Geodude
2nd October 2006, 3:57 AM
Define "no-personality". Some random Pokemon the gang walks past has no personality. This Professor was a strict, serious administrator and lecturer, as opposed to the hands-on, affable Professors we're used to.

Does Ash always assume that random bolts of electricity in the middle of a forest belong to Pikachu?
Um, why wouldn't he, considering the circumstances?

Type disadvantage FTW. And the whole "been through a lot without much rest" thing that has been said several times already.

BattleFranky~40
2nd October 2006, 4:01 AM
The new professor is awesome. The 'stache alone makes him the best prof. yet.

Caseydia
2nd October 2006, 4:08 AM
Yes I know what you mean. It would have been nice if Ash had gotten another professor. I know that's crew but I'm getting tired of seeing Professor Oak.

CyberCubed
2nd October 2006, 5:12 AM
Ash can't "get" another Professor because Oak is where he started from.

And honestly, Prof. Oak is one of the coolest characters of the series. I've always liked him, he really represents the "grandpa" image of the series. I wish he could appear more.

Satoshi
2nd October 2006, 7:19 AM
It amuses me how Shinji released his newly-caught Mukkuru, after it beat Satoshi's Mukkuru, saying it was wasn't strong enough and ****** off Satoshi. Seriously, when have we seen a regular, un-evil trainer with that kind of attitude (sans Daisuke abandoning Hitokage as that was all the way back in the first episodes)? Shinji seems to refresh the anime quite a bit (Hikari does a little more of that, in my honest opinion :D).

Also note that Hikari doesn't follow Satoshi and Takeshi because of the ruined bike. :D Nor does she mention it later on.

CyberCubed
2nd October 2006, 7:22 AM
Hikari follows them for no real reason at all apparently. I think Shinji refreshes the show the most though, Hikari just fills in the "girly girl coordinator" void that was left open when AG ended.

Bliksem
2nd October 2006, 9:21 AM
1. Pikachu had been through a LOT the past couple episodes.
2. Elekid is not just unaffected by electric attacks, it ABSORBS them and grows stronger.
3. Pikachu is always nerfed at the end of regions. If you haven't realized this by now, you must be blind.
4. Please note that Elekid was taken out by ONE attack.
I finally saw this episode, and while those points are correct, I need to add another.

5. Ash battled horribly. Yes, I was DISGUSTED at how terrible he fought. Despite Pikachu's weakness and Elekid's strength, Ash has this tendency to just immediately launch a Thunderbolt at the beginning. This has NEVER worked against ANY Ele-type Pokemon he's faced! Electabuzz, Elekid and Elekible have all torn his Pikachu a new one. This is the first he hasn't lost against, and even then... tie. And Volt Tackle, stopped yet again. Protect seems to be gaining much popularity; the next Quick Attack, perhaps?

And I might add that it was a really pathetic fight, too. I DO like the fact that they used DP battle music during the first part, though. But eh, I liked the Hikari-centered episodes better. Ash... I'm disappointed in him...

pokeboy sarab
2nd October 2006, 10:09 AM
i think shunji is a nice addition to the anime but i have no idea why they do not get rid of brock

S_P
2nd October 2006, 10:17 PM
i think shunji is a nice addition to the anime but i have no idea why they do not get rid of brock

Support! SUPPORT! Satoshi gets into horrendous circumstances without companionship! Whether it's PM, AG, or D/P it almost always occurs!

On the tie with Elekid note: Do people forget that Elekid went down to just about one Iron Tail (after that many successfully connected attacks?)? Pikachu wasn't 100%, then powered it up with electricity, then hurt itself from Volt Tackle, then couldn't connect with Iron Tail because *some sort of punch* got in the way.

Elekid going down to one Iron Tail was ironically balanced, even if one hit ko's were indeed preferrable to be avoided.

What I didn't get was why Pikachu didn't use Quick Attack, that is all. The tie seems reasonable despite endurance imbalance. You could surely be more experienced, but that actually makes you smarter in knowing what to do. However, if your trainer/coach (via analogy) does the wrong selection of moves or plans poorly, you will be less effective.

Magical Needle Smash
2nd October 2006, 10:18 PM
Despite the fact that in the games, Shinji's way of training and treating pokemon (caring about the exact natures, EVs, IVs, movesets and roster) is much more effective than those of Ash's (relying on luck-based strategies and loooooooooving your pokemon). :(

Yeah, but in the games, a pokemon raised up from a low level will be stronger than a wild pokemon of the same level, right? The way Shinji discarded two of the Mukkuru in favor of the one that already knew Aerial Ace, and his line that, "If you're going to catch something, you should go after the strongest one from the start," show that, even if he does keep beneficial natures and such in mind, he still won't be able to get the most out of his pokemon.

S_P
3rd October 2006, 2:54 AM
Yeah, but in the games, a pokemon raised up from a low level will be stronger than a wild pokemon of the same level, right? The way Shinji discarded two of the Mukkuru in favor of the one that already knew Aerial Ace, and his line that, "If you're going to catch something, you should go after the strongest one from the start," show that, even if he does keep beneficial natures and such in mind, he still won't be able to get the most out of his pokemon.

Which basically means for Shinji to win the raising game, he'll have to breed.

How ironic. XD

But I think he meant if you catch three level 5 Mukkuru, you want the 5 that has the best base statistics. Since anime != game, you have some variance since there aren't actual levels. Thus, getting the one that already knew Aerial Ace makes a huge different because it has another attack in its arsenal.

charizard trainer #1
3rd October 2006, 5:50 AM
Finally, we have a trainer on the anime that represents the majority of pokemon game players. Ash finally has a competent rival since the end of johto. Assuming Gary is back, i think this will be the best rival arc ever (for ash). All Ash needs now is an awesome female rival...

spacefissure
3rd October 2006, 6:43 AM
Strange...Aipom is getting stronger and Pikachu is getting weaker. Do you think...*pictures Pikachu stuck in Oak's lab* lol

I just wish Ash would bring back his old pokemon more often like he did during the Battle Frontier saga. Any of them would totally pwn Shinji's pokemon easily.

intricate
3rd October 2006, 9:13 AM
Where can I find subs for Diamond & Pearl Series? Though I could understand by their actions and so forth. hahaha... oO man... Japanese Version (Real Version) of Pokemon is SOOO MUCH BETTER! better quality, better music, and better voices (though I am use to the American voices). but yeah where can I find subs? or is there subs?

Knight_Ram
3rd October 2006, 9:17 AM
I just wish Ash would bring back his old pokemon more often like he did during the Battle Frontier saga. Any of them would totally pwn Shinji's pokemon easily.

Im with you on that one 100%! But That damn pickachu! Its so weak now! It was losing to a baby pokemon! Plus it should be a higher level then some new noob trainer!

Knight_Ram
3rd October 2006, 9:19 AM

Because Brock is the man! Is a stud and he only goes for the girls he cant get and the ones that he can get, he just ignores them! And he complains that he never gets any hot babes. Thats why. Oh yeah and I guess becuse he helps Ash who is a like a little brother to Brock in battle when needed....

intricate
3rd October 2006, 9:49 AM
Is there any place I could find Diamond & Pearl Series w/ Subs. I have it raw... i still could understand the plot by the actions but other than that... i can't really get too deep into it.... but man... DP Series is DOPE! I think Pokemon is finally back. I love Hikari and Shinji. Great additions to Pocket Monsters. but yeah anylinks to DP Subs?

Geodude
3rd October 2006, 12:28 PM
You just posted that already, no point in posting it again. If anyone knew the answer, they'd have responded to you by now. Posting it a second time is just spam, and not only that, we don't talk about those things here. And the episodes just came out last week, do you realize how much time it takes to translate all the dialogue and put in all the captions?

FullMasta
4th October 2006, 12:27 AM
Is there any place I could find Diamond & Pearl Series w/ Subs. I have it raw... i still could understand the plot by the actions but other than that... i can't really get too deep into it.... but yeah anylinks to DP Subs?

Want a sub? Download a media subtitler, learn japanese and do it yourself.
THE END.

BACK ON TOPIC: This episode proves that the D/P saga looks promising. Ash having a rival is something AG never had. This will definitely be a better saga than AG.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
4th October 2006, 5:36 AM
I saw this episode in motion, and wow, I never knew that trainer just releasing or "throw away rejects" Pokemon was one of Ash's buttons. Man what a crazy start for our young hero and with Shinji. It looks like Ash doesn't like him much of Shinji's style of training, but I kinda wish they would get on a fist fight. That would be funny. And of course Shinji is a arrogant *******, but it's a love/hate relationship. Shinji is just someone you would love to hate.

The episode itself looks so entertaining, I really liking Diamond/Pearl series. Its off in a whole different direction then it did with AG. The battle I was a bit disappointed, but if Ash lost, I would been ******.

But the battle itself, I could understand losing against Murrku, (sorry if it is spelled wrong) but Ash didn't know all the attacks.

Aipom vs. Curious George (sorry don't know the monkey's name), that battle was great, Aipom being superior and kickin' a**

Then Pikachu vs. Elekid, I was praying that Pikachu wasn't gonna lose, but what does the writers do, make it weaker. I had to rewatch the episode and now I understand why of Pikachu being weaker than usual from earlier it went through. I was impressed though wow Pikachu at LEAST have more endurance since he took more blows than ELekid. And the Iron Tail was awesome.

Can't wait til Episode 4.

Satoshi
4th October 2006, 6:43 AM
Aipom vs. Curious George (sorry don't know the monkey's name), that battle was great, Aipom being superior and kickin' a**
"Curious George" (lol) is called Hikozaru.

intricate
5th October 2006, 1:48 AM
THE END.

BACK ON TOPIC: This episode proves that the D/P saga looks promising. Ash having a rival is something AG never had. This will definitely be a better saga than AG.

hmm... me want a sub? sure why not. Learning Japanese, yeah already learning. me do it myself? naaaahh... i need your mom to help me out with that one. so homie got something to say.. .please say it nicely... that was just a question.
anyways.... D/P so far is dope.

raticatelover
5th October 2006, 4:06 AM
THE END.

Geezs. It is reasonable to ask for a sub. Dont have to go rip his throat out.

Shinji getting rid of Mukkuru is weird. However if he doesn't think its right, he'll find good pokemon. He kept his others, so there is hope.

The Flat World
5th October 2006, 4:13 AM
I hope Ash gets rid of his Mukkuru...... and get a Murkrow or something.

Normal/Flying types bore me now.

NES
5th October 2006, 9:07 AM
Murkrow's evolution looks cool, it would suit Shinji more =).

</offtopic>

charizardfan
6th October 2006, 1:03 AM
I hope Ash gets rid of his Mukkuru...... and get a Murkrow or something.

Normal/Flying types bore me now.

Ash with a dark type. Personally, that seems to suit Shinji more...

Bliksem
6th October 2006, 6:08 AM
Ash with a dark type. Personally, that seems to suit Shinji more...
Which is why Shinji gets a Murkrow :D

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
8th October 2006, 6:22 AM
"Curious George" (lol) is called Hikozaru.

Okay thanks. I don't catch names easily unless they repeat them so many times, lol.

John's Knight
17th October 2006, 2:28 PM
I hate the writers for reseting Pikachu's power when he gets to a new region *stab stab*

Meh. Probably Elekid will be an Elekible.

Mediocre ep, imo.

JONNO.FRESH
19th October 2006, 7:42 AM
I loved this epi, I loved Shinji and i loved Hikozaru and Elekid. 9/10

Juputoru
23rd October 2006, 1:11 AM
And thus did I bring another summary onto the world for you people to enjoy. Or hate. Or ignore completely.

-Continuing our three-in-one episode goodness, this third of the episode/three episodes begins with a Mukuru in flight. Hopefully you know what one of those looks like by now.
-Oh, and Ash and Brock are following it.
-Elsewhere, Hikari's running along with Pikachu and a determined looking Pochama in tow.
-The narrator is presumably telling us what happened in the previous two portions, just in case we forgot.
-But enough of that...Mukuru sees something! That something being...
-RANDOM ELECTRICITY COMING OUT OF THE FOREST. Considering what that's been the past two times we've seen that(an Elekid and an Elecble), it's presumably from an Electabuzz.
-But Ash doesn't see the pattern here and assumes that it MUST be Pikachu.
-I have to say the title card music's nice and all but it really doesn't feel right after all these years of DRAMATIC title card themes.
-A bunch of Mukuru(Nintendo must have a MASSIVE Mukuru Marketing Plan in store. It's the only explaination for how many of them we've seen so far.) fly away from the random EEEEEElecTRICIty, which is coming from an...Elekid! Well, at least I guessed the line it'd be from anyway. But why is this Elekid scaring the **** out of Mukuru? Well, Jindai might know since he's standing right next to it. He apparently found the fountain of youth and used it as an excuse for some new clothes, though.
-Jindai throws a Pokeball at one of the Mukuru(apparently he had to see each and every one to make sure he had the right one), but it ain't caught?! That can only mean one thing...
-It's owned by Ash! Mukuru lands on his shoulder and proceeds to look cute as Ash proceeds to not recognize Jindai(who IS in a bizarre combination of a 10 year old's and a 17 year old's body, after all) and Jindai proceeds to not recognize Ash(apparently that fountain of youth erased his memory along with his age) but does proceed to recognize that Ash is that Mukuru's trainer.
-Ash is polite enough about the whole thing(not really anyone's fault that Mukuru happened to fly near a trainer looking to catch a Mukuru, after all) and Brock finally shows up and notes that Jindai's Elekid must be the source of that EEEEEEEEEEEeeeleeecccTRICICICICICICICCICITY.
-Ash asks Jindai(who's so far gone from his former self that he'll need a new name to prevent confusion. Let's go with "Shinji".) if he saw Pikachu, but Shinji says that he hasn't.
-Shinji then proceeds to ask Ash something about Mukuru, possibly whether he got the best one going by the two words I understood(mukuru and ichiban) in his mini-speech. Ash DOES NOT APPROVE(nor will Chatsy when she sees that I stole her line) such an idea as aiming to catch the best Pokemon.
-Shinji sends out three Mukuru to demonstrate this novel idea of catching the same species of Pokemon until you get one you find strong enough for your liking(current advocates of this technique include Smogon, SPPf's Competitive RMT forum, and anyone who hopes to win a Pokemon Tournement ever). Ash is shocked at the thought of a trainer having MORE THAN ONE OF THE SAME POKEMON(apparently Ash only has one Tauros), but Shinji pretty much ignores it as he uses his black/really really dark blue and grey Pokedex which conveniently matches his outfit(remember back when two people could only have the same color of Pokedex - red?), and after noticing that one has something he likes, he recalls all three into their Pokeballs and...releases two of them back into the wild, free to live however they want without being forced to fight for sport. It's beautiful. *sniff*
-Ash, despite being the bleeding heart for Pokemon that he is, thinks that it's wrong to use Pokemon for catch-see which one you like-and-release the rest back into the wild to be FREE. I suppose it could be Shinji's attitude towards Pokemon in general, but considering that he COULD have just left the Mukuru to rot in their balls for all eternity(much like Brock's Pokemon), what he did WAS pretty kind.
-Shinji ends up challenging Ash to a 3 on 3 battle, with some rational about types and balance and all that. I think we've found the one person in the Pokemon world who actually takes these sorts of things into account before battling, instead of immediately going "eh okay I'll fight".
-Ash admits he doesn't have three Pokemon with him at that moment, and Shinji scoffs at him and leaves.
-But there's no time for stewing anger, there's new ELELELELELELELECTRICITYTYTYTYTYT shooting out of the forest(NOW is it from an Electabuzz?), and so Ash(and that one Brock guy) go to investigate, certain that THIS time it must be Pikachu. Shinji looks back and repeats something Ash said as he ran off, for some reason.
-ITSAMECHA!
-Yes, TR's laughing at Pikachu's Volt Tackle, since THIS time they remembered to bring the insulated robot.
-TR says a bunch of stuff which is probably just there to remind the kiddies who these people are and what they're doing.
-When they've finished, they fire the robots arms towards their victims. Hikari has Pochama use Explosio...Bubblebeam. But...THERE ARE NO EXPLOSIONS? Blasphemy! As a result of all this, Pikachu is TAKEN. Gasp!
-Pochama tries Bubblebeam again, but it doesn't work, James taunts it, and Pochama gets angry and runs at the Mecha only to be slapped away by a mechanical hand.
-TR ends their little encounter by trying to get Pochama with the robot's....tentacles?
-But wait! Ash is here, and he immediately starts laying the smackdown on TR as some awesome music plays!
-But alas, one of the robot's tentaclefingers(I'm serious about what they are) knocks Ash over(oh dear), causing mass worry but COME ON HE'S ALL RIGHT WHAT DID YOU EXPECT.
-He runs to the mecha, but...the tentaclefingers(oh my) ain't having any of that!
-Ash dodges the slowly moving tentgers(as I'll now call them) instead of running in between them.
-TR takes this opportunity to come out of their nicely sheltered area and gloat, and Ash seems confused when he sees TR. Uh, Ash? Who did you think they were, Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts?
-Motto time and...ROSES! JAMES HAS A ROSE AGAIN! And Jessie has one now too.
-Ash takes advantage of the robot's pose at the end of the motto to run up to it, dodges a tentger when it tries to come down upon him(oh my!), and leaps from the tree branch he just lept onto in order to get onto the arm portion of the robot.
-Ash climbs up whilst dodging the slow moving arms, and Hikari stares in amazement. And then...one of the arms hits the robot itself and makes a hole. Oops.
-The robot gets all sparky(you know what's coming) as Ash tries to free Pikachu from its grip and TR gets nervous(you KNOW what's coming).
-THE ROBOT'S EXPLODING!
-Brock wisely tells Hikari and the present Pokemon to duck as the robot explodes completely, launching TR into the air.
-With that done, the suvivors stare at the wreckage, surely Ash must be...
-Perfectly fine! A bit shabby in appearence, but otherwise fine!
-Aipom's happy to see Pikachu again and vice versa, Pikachu and Mukuru are introduced, and Ash and Hikari finally get a proper introduction to each other(with Brock suddenly appearing next to Hikari. Sure, he SOUNDS level enough, but you have to wonder...).
-Ash then dexes Pochama and wonders if its okay, and Hikari insists that it is, as does the penguin itself....shortly before falling over.
-Brock uses a Potion to make Pochama allllll better(since that's about all he'll do for the next few eps), and Hikari apologizes to Pochama who's not angry at all(for once!).
-Later, in a video phone booth(haven't seen one of those since....the Primape ep in early Kanto), Nanakamodo's informed of what happened, and tells Ash that his mom sent something for him. I WONDER WHAT THAT COULD BE?
-Before we cut to commercial, Shinji's seen staring at the wreckage of the robot. Makes you wonder who cleans up after TR's various mecha.
-Elsewhere, Hikari's impressed by the fact that Brock is a breeder(aka "he cooks for whoever Ash is traveling with"), and Brock says something that makes Pochama TOTEMO HAPPII.
-Then that Jenny from before shows up(and remembers Ash's name!), and relief is shared that Pikachu's back, but you must remember who's with Ash this time.
-Yep, Brock's back to his old tricks, and Hikari and Pochama are simply confused by this. Ash responds to this by saying Brock's always like that.
-Back at the Lab, Ash gets...new clothes! Just about the lousiest gift ever, but I suppose Ash can't well use much else when he's traveling so everyone pretends to be happy about it.
-Ash thanks his mom over the video phone(the one at his house looks quite cool), and she reminds him about his convo with Oak that got cut off by a stolen Pikachu oh so long ago.
-Hikari ends up chatting to Oak a bit, and...she likes his Pokemon Senryuu(basically Haiku but different) a lot. Or maybe just Pokemon Senryuu in general. But she seriously starts fangirling over this(I'm scared now). Just then, Professor N shows up and asks if he could talk to Oak alone for a moment. But it's nothing bad, just talk about the senryuu.
-Hikari asks Ash why he's hanging around Shinou, and she hears the whole "I'M GOIN TO DA SHINOU LEEEEEG" spiel. After all this, she decides that...she wants to go with them! She then goes through her "I'M GOIN TO BE DA TOP COORDINATOR" spiel, and Ash agrees to let her come along...asking Brock about it as well as an afterthough(our resident robocook agrees, of course).
-They're all set to go then, and after Hikari questions why Pikachu's not in a Pokeball and is answered(gotta remind those kiddies!), and then they leave the buil...
-SHINJI'S OUTSIDE. STANDING AGAINST A TREE. GASP.
-He asks Ash for a battle again, and Pikachu's all too eager to kick the *** of some stranger it knows nothing about.
-Wonder of wonders, both lead off with Mukuru.
-Long story short, Shinji's Mukuru wins(maybe that "catch a bunch and keep the best one" thing has something to it after all).
-Next is...flaming *** monkey versus hand *** monkey!
-The adorable Aipom uses swift, and the fugly Hikozaru uses Ember. Which cancel out with an explosion blah blah.
-Aipom then uses Focus Punch, but...a Flame Wheel from Ugly Monkey stops that before it starts.
-Cute Monkey uses Double Team, and Ugly Monkey uses Ember to dispel the illusionary copies(what else is new with Double Team?) which shocks Ash(why? He's done basically the SAME THING dozens of times). Ugly Monkey then uses Scratch on Cute Monkey.
-Cute Monkey manages to land a Focus Punch on Ugly Monkey this time, and Ugly Monkey is DOWN!
-Next is...Pikachu vs Elekid!
-...sweet, they're using movie intro sequence music.
-Long story short...it's a tie! Although techinically Pikachu fell a moment before Elekid did.
-Shinji releases Mukuru(the one Pokemon that DID win a battle), and Ash is angry again(how DARE Shinji let Pokemon go into the wild to be free?). But the ep ends now so that's the end of that for now.

Gravy
23rd October 2006, 1:54 AM
I'm totally tempted to shriek out 'Marry me Juputoru, with multiple exclamation marks for extreme emphasis!!!', but for now I think I'll just resist that somewhat spur o' the moment urge :P

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd October 2006, 4:02 AM
MARRY ME JUPUTORU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not.

CoolTrainerTerry
23rd October 2006, 4:11 AM
Okay, this was a good episode, but why is it, that everytime Pikachu battles a Pokemon at the beginning of the new region, it suddenly becomes weaker than it should?

Anyway, The battle between Elekid and Pikachu was great at the end where Pikachu's Iron Tail get blocked by Elekid, then Pikachu flips around and hits it with another Iron Tail, making it soar.

Is this the first time we actually saw someone actually release a Pokemon? Ash's weren't technically releases, just stay here and protect such-such and.

Shinji STILL released Mukuru even after it beat Ash's?

Favorite line: "Satoshi's Mukuru is unable to battle, Shinji's Mukuru is the winner."

lucario 1993
23rd October 2006, 12:04 PM
i think its a stupid move that shinji did i mean look at the guy he has to change his ways released 2 of his mukkuru just because they dont have aerial ace sheeeesh !!!!!!!!!!
;munchlax; ;355; ;201-m;

kman3000
8th December 2006, 1:00 AM
I like Shinji's way of doing things, finaly a trainer who's like us, only catching and raising the strong pokemon we capture.

Pokemon Fan
8th December 2006, 5:30 PM
I like Shinji's way of doing things, finaly a trainer who's like us, only catching and raising the strong pokemon we capture.
Not exactly, instead he seems more to just be interested in pokemon that are already very strong and doesn't have any interest in ones that could become strong with a little work. In game terms he'd abandon a pokemon that was level 5 and knew only a few low level moves but had perfect IVs/genes in favor of one with imperfect genes that was level 20 and knew some TMs.

He also doesn't seem to let his pokemon be proud of their own abilities, even the ones he considers strong enough to keep (i.e. telling his Hikozaru not to celebrate in the episode where it battles Naetle).

squirtleboy12
11th December 2006, 1:05 PM
i liked to see ashs rival the battle was close

fun episode 10/10

Voltrex
13th March 2007, 2:05 AM
Why do they make pikachu look so weak after every region he comes from? He beat a Dragonite, Metagross and a Regice and now he ties with an elekid..
COME ON

-Starly-
13th March 2007, 2:08 AM
Do you really want Ash to coast through all the gyms?

I didn't think so.

WaterDragon trainer
21st April 2007, 3:29 AM
This episode was great. I guess it was ok to see Paul’s debut, although he was extremely heartless. When Team Rocket had their mecha, it kinda made me wonder if Team Rocket even remembers the real reason why they want Pikachu. TR’s “Sinnoh motto was kinda boring this time around. It was great to see Pikachu and Ash reunite. It was hilarious to see Dawn witness Brock’s flirting moment.

Rex Kamex
21st April 2007, 3:41 AM
Okay, and for the new TR motto:

Jessie: Listen! Is that a voice I hear?
James: It's speaking to me loud and clear
Jessie: Floating on the wind...
James: Pass the stars...
Meowth: In your ear...
Jessie: Bringing chaos at a break-neck pace
James: Dashing hope putting fear in its place
Jessie: A rose by any other name's just as sweet
James: When everything's worse, our work is complete.
Jessie: Jessie!
James: And it's James!
Meowth: Meowth! Now dat's a name!
Jessie: Putting the do-gooders in their place...
James: Team Rocket...
Meowth: We're in your face!
Wobbuffet: Woooobbuffet!
Mime Jr.: Mime Mime!

And if I'm wrong, I blame the closed captioning.

Dax
21st April 2007, 3:42 AM
TR's motto was just bad... there's nothing to it to grab me like the other ones.

Paul was as heartless as he can be. Saying that Chimchar was just useless was really cruel and heartless.

Ash vs. Paul was cheap and even more cheap was the fact that Starly just got beaten up in the worst form. He only hit Starly once and just because Paul wanted Starly to hit his Starly to see how powerful he was.

Dawn's voice is getting there for me, it fits her. It's not that I didn't like it. It's just that I'm used to her japanese voice and I need more time to get used to it.

Rowan was really cool and I love Chimchar.

Good episode but the animation was crappy.

Blaziryu
21st April 2007, 3:55 AM
I just watched the PKMN D/P premiere on CN. Here's what I thought.

TR's new motto was just awful. They should just stand with their very first & original motto.

James & Prof. Rowan's assistants are a much of liars. How the hell they had 4th gen PKMN as their 1st PKMN when they were just discovered?

Brock should just be gay since he's not getting any pussy (can we say that) anytime soon.

Piplup was actually funny. I still hate Hikari & her stupid coordinator profession.

They seriously need to stop making Ash looking a beginner PKMN trainer.

Blaziryu
21st April 2007, 3:58 AM

TR's new motto was just awful. They should just stand with their very first & original motto.

James & Prof. Rowan's assistants are a much of liars. How the hell they had 4th gen PKMN as their 1st PKMN when they were just discovered?

Brock should just be gay since he's not getting any pussy (can we say that) anytime soon.

Piplup was actually funny. I still hate Hikari & her stupid coordinator profession.

-Starly-
21st April 2007, 4:07 AM
I really liked the new motto, very faithful to the RAW.

Darkness Angel
21st April 2007, 4:34 AM
Paul just doesn't really care about anything other than. Winning and getting a strong pokemon to do the job.

TEAM ROCKET'S MEOWTH
21st April 2007, 5:20 AM
very very happy they used the jappanese team rocket tune. i was so looking forward to it

ShinyManafi
21st April 2007, 5:35 AM
Nice, Shinji had a great dub voice, I like it. :D

Whew, I'm glad all three of these dubbed episodes turned out to be great overall.

Medea
21st April 2007, 12:19 PM
Well...

Not much to say on the final part. I really tuned out during most of the battle between Ash and Shinji...I mean Paul. I'll have to get used to saying the damned English names.

Haha, Dawn got her first taste of Brock! That's enjoyable!

And as for the TR motto, just weird is all.

freedom-123
21st April 2007, 2:23 PM
hikari's bike got sizzled too...its getting kinda lame now...

Ashy Boy
21st April 2007, 2:37 PM
Does anyone know what Paul said during this ep? I'm sure whatever he said, it would have to be as nasty as his attitude.

chosen_one386
21st April 2007, 6:32 PM
This was a good episode. At first, I didn't like Paul, but I like him now. His voice suits him to a T.

masukippa
22nd April 2007, 4:33 PM

They weren't just discovered.

And why isn't this ep on youtube?

Jorah
22nd April 2007, 6:42 PM
I thought their new motto was just a joke for the episode...so its going to be their actual motto??? I suppose I'll get used to it. Or at least, I hope I will. It was really weird.

Ash got his cool new Sinnoh clothes. I was wondering when he'd get them.

WaterKrystal
22nd April 2007, 11:32 PM
Well, again I liked this episode.

- TR's motto will take some getting used to, I'll probably have to hear it a few times to see if I like it, or can atleast get used to it.
- Paul's voice, IMO fits him pretty good.
- Paul is such a jerk, but that makes me like him even more, he makes things real interesting. "Is that all you've got", man, what more does he want, his pokemon to work themselves to the brink of fainting, but not caring as long as they KO the other pokemon...oh nevermind.
-I like Ash's new clothes they look pretty good. You know, I just noticed that Brock's clothes look like or are the clothes that LeafGreen's Brock wore.
- I laughed at Brock's tone in his voice when he said "Paul's Starly is the winner", it's like he's thinking "that jerk shouldn't have won".

Overall the 3 episodes are really good, and I'm really excited to see the rest of the episodes.

Blazios
23rd April 2007, 5:47 PM
Loved some of the lines.

James: Get a load of our new Super Sinnoh Slinger Mark 1A! Not only able to withstand and deflect any attack you can fling our way but being solar powered it fights global warming and makes us lunch!

I also found it weird that Paul released Starly when it won but kept Chimchar when it lost and actually said something nicely:

Paul (To Chimchar in its Pokéball): You're still as useless as ever.

NewBrock
24th April 2007, 7:19 AM
Well, again I liked this episode.

- Paul is such a jerk, but that makes me like him even more, he makes things real interesting. "Is that all you've got", man, what more does he want, his pokemon to work themselves to the brink of fainting, but not caring as long as they KO the other pokemon...oh nevermind.
- I laughed at Brock's tone in his voice when he said "Paul's Starly is the winner", it's like he's thinking "that jerk shouldn't have won".

Overall the 3 episodes are really good, and I'm really excited to see the rest of the episodes.

- I really like the Paul character, I think he adds an interesting element to the story. Someone who goes against everything Ash stands for really adds something to their battles.
- I am so glad that you got the intention of my performance for that scene. I had some concerns with sounding ticked off, but remaining official. It was a bit of a balancing act and those lines took some work. Glad to see that they were appreciated.

I'm excited for everyone to see the rest of the episodes, and we are working diligently to bring them to you ASAP.

TogeticTheRuler
24th April 2007, 7:40 AM
Isn`t that "knew" motto a transelation from the japanese version of the motto?
Paul is so mean to his pokemon!T.T But that makes me like him moooore =D
I don`t really like Ash`s new clothes, since I liked the traditional blue but its okay
The opening was so HORRIBLE, Why oh Why didn`t they just make an english voice of the original, but seeing from this, they don`t really care about the opening and want people to focus more on the show itself, since its horrible, and only 30 seconds, even the 4kids openings were at least 45 seconds.

Jeff Zero
24th April 2007, 11:07 AM
Okay, I'm super impressed with Paul's voice, fits the character to a tee. He's totally badass.
TR's new motto-wow. umm...well now that was something differant. That'll take some getting used to I think. I do give them props for basing it off the Japanese version.

very very happy they used the Jappanese team rocket tune. i was so looking forward to it
Do you mean to tell me the theme music from thier motto was the same in both versions? Wow, that's really dissapointing in my opinion. I found the new music, while dramatic in a way, lacked a nessisary kick to carry the scene, mostly I found it was far too quiet and mostly was just there. I wish they kept the Hoenn music but changed the lryics like they did for the Battle Frontier, the Hoenn fanfare was always my favourite by far.

wobbanut
29th April 2007, 10:46 PM
Wow, Team Rocket's new motto's really different. If that's the basic way the motto's going to be from now on, it's going to be a little sad because now apart from the trio saying their names there's nothing left of the original motto. "Prepare for trouble/Make it double" and "denounce/extend" survived the first motto change, but now they're gone too. The new one's interesting (Meowth's "in your ear" line made me chuckle), but there's so little left of the classic motto now. I did like Ash's reaction when Team Rocket said he'll hear the new motto, though. LOL I also like when they told Dawn that they've been after Pikachu as long as she's been alive, which is only kind of true.

I'm still getting used to Brock's and Ash's new outfits. Brock's is snazzy, but Ash's makes him look a little nerdish, IMO. It's starting to grow on me, but it's taking a while. It's interesting that he ruins his old Hoenn clothes just in time to get the new duds.

Overall, a good episode. 3/5

Cor
7th May 2007, 3:14 AM
YTV aired the movie yesterday. And Paul does not sound as bad as I thought he would

Celebitwo
13th June 2007, 11:20 PM

I have noticed that in early episodes of older series. I think it is done that all Pokemon existed fromt he start (Ho-oh in episode 1) but we were introduced to them gradually, as was Ash (hence Ho-oh's dex entry in episdoe 1).

TR new motto sucks, but then again they are TR, they cant do anything right

I think I also spotted something that proves that Paul didn't get Chimchar from Proffessor Rowan, but this might just be in the American dub.

CyndaquilRules
13th June 2007, 11:59 PM

I agree with some oof that.. TR's motto.. Wow how boring and slow...

The thing with them starting on there journey.. How could the gym leaders have good pokemon without the pokemon being there. THat comment Gary said, sayign it was a new pokemon is weird.. All pokemon have to have been here.

Right not agreeing with Brock..

I like Piplup too. It's funny when it and Dawn make mistakes like with the Burmy and make a fist lol.

That is really bugging me. How did Ash lose that battle with Paul? His Pikachu should have destroyed Elekid..

Pearl's Perap
14th June 2007, 12:43 PM
Paul is great, I just love how much of a contrast he is from the 'twerps', his whole attitude to people, pokémon and how he talks, we have needed a character like his, to relate to moreso than Ash and co. in ways, for a long time.

Again, Team Rocket's new motto, well, it's gonna take a LOT of getting used to, to say the least, though i'm positive that Carnivine makes up for the new motto, it's been really entertaining so far, though all it's done is the old 'bite James' thing, it never gets old in my eyes...

9/10

Celebitwo
14th June 2007, 2:28 PM
Paul is great, I just love how much of a contrast he is from the 'twerps', his whole attitude to people, pokémon and how he talks, we have needed a character like his, to relate to moreso than Ash and co. in ways, for a long time.

When I saw the episode pics I hated him but now I have seen the english episodes I think he probably the best character on the show. My favourite line of his is 'Chimchar help the losers out', I thought it was funny

Rebeccag
28th October 2007, 11:39 PM
this episode was probabaly the best out of the 3 as we got to meet paul and to see the battle between hm and ash. apart from that it was an ok episode

Wobuffet fan
14th January 2008, 4:29 AM
First of all, I loveds the new Team Rocket motto. It finally just brought about a new slate after so long. I don't see why or how you people hate it.

I am really starting to like Paul's attitude more and more. He was right about Ash; he acts just like a little kid, saying stupid things, and whipping out his Pokedex during the battles. Oh and then he was stupid enough to use an electric attack against an electric Pokemon. WHY?? At the end, I liked how Paul refused Ash's immature requests to battle again. Good for him.

dagon22
24th November 2008, 3:06 AM
When I first saw this episode, I didn't like Paul. Piplup is now one of my favorite pokemon. A new motto for Team Rocket! I miss the old one, even though it is old to hear it every single time. The battle was awesome! It's cool that Paul is a different character, insteed of being like everyone else.

Torpoleon
26th November 2008, 12:57 AM
Around the part were Ash reunited with Pikachu it sunded like Piplup said Ash.Also I think Ash should leave Paul alojne because Paul isn'tmean it is just that Ash annoys him about Ash's way of training.

Igottapoo
21st January 2009, 11:23 AM
I have no idea how Paul got a Pokemon like Elekid :/ But it was a nice first battle for a new rival.

(s.i.e)
11th March 2009, 11:56 AM
I have no idea how Paul got a Pokemon like Elekid :/ But it was a nice first battle for a new rival.

same thoughts here, oh well, it was a good episode for the rest so it's not that important i guess.

Tf5174
23rd April 2009, 3:04 AM
I wanted to see how paul caught elekid. :(

S.Suikun
7th May 2009, 7:51 PM
Day 3 of S.Suikun's Rewatch and Re-review. Current plans are to continue to the end of the dub's Season 10 (even though I'm watching raws), but we'll see where things go from there.

This is the conclusion of Diamond & Pearl's very fleshed-out introduction, in which we not only wrap up the beginning story, but we get our first glimpse of the key DP rival - Shinji. The great thing about Shinji was that he was a thoroughly (un)likable character from the get-go, and fans instantly wanted to see more from him after the likes of friendly rivals being poorly handled. I mentioned way back when that Harley seemed to be the turning point for rivals, and it certainly is entertaining to look back upon the Jindai speculation for Shinji in this current time. As for the episode's plot, Hikari joins the group nicely and TR establishes their presence well.

The battle between Satoshi and Shinji gets a lot of flack for Pikachu drawing with an Elekid a few episodes after defeating a Regice, but if you think about it, Pikachu just went through a hell of a lot. I realize that's sort of a loophole explanation, but the main point of the battle was to establish Shinji as a competent rival. The battle itself is okay, if a little short, but it's all still introductory so it's fairly forgivable. All-in-all, it concludes a pretty strong beginning for the DP saga.

B+

Littlemyuu
13th June 2009, 12:53 AM
When i first saw Paul i already knew he was a mean ( not really) trainer...it was a good episode

STICKTOPIA
14th July 2009, 5:19 AM
pikachu can never seem to beat elekid, electabuzz, and electivire....

catzisconfus
16th August 2009, 10:05 PM
paul looks like a bad guy !

Ash-kid
16th December 2009, 2:06 PM
Wow, what a battle it was. one of my favorites.

Ash was very luky, Elekid fell in the last second.

9/10.

Lorde
8th January 2010, 4:03 AM
Great way to start Sinnoh and the rivalry between Ash and Paul. I liked how both Ash and Paul had an Electric-type Pokemon, an ape, and a Starly. Though I was surprised that Paul could hold his own against an expert like Ash. Too bad this episode's battle didn't end with Ash's victory; Ash's victory would have made the most sense. At least Paul looked like a real rival. 8/10.

Armaldo48
9th January 2010, 5:12 PM
I never really liked Paul. But Ash was right tough, Pikachu did fall down earlier then Elekid. So technically, Paul won. Too bad, I think that Ash should have won.

7.5/10

KGB13
14th January 2010, 7:15 PM
I really liked this episode. The battle was really good but I cried inside when Pikachu lost to Elekid. It's a baby pokemon for christ sake! Paul is the best rival Ash has ever had. Paul > Gary

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 4:58 AM
I do wonder if Paul's Chimchar was the same from Rowan's lab. But wouldn't Piplup recognized Chimchar?, Speaking of which is Ash's Starly the same one Paul released? I wasn't sure if he was. (And how come Starly doesn't seem to recognize Paul if so)

It was good to see the battle between Paul and Ash, I guess every trainer has a different way to train, although Paul's way doesn't look very nice. I like his pokedex though, pity you can't make yours black in the games.

Meowth is actually right when he says we been poaching Pikachu for long as you have been alive. 10 years, Dawn just turned 10 so that sounds pretty much right, when Ash started his journey Dawn was probably just born (May was probably like 3/4/5 years old, Max probably wasn't born yet)
TR"s new motto... I never really liked it, it sounds kinda stupid I think they should have stuck with Prepare for Trouble and Make it Double.

Nice to see Dawn and Ash finally catch up

wind21
20th June 2010, 6:53 PM
Well, this will be a rather dull post, since the highlight of this episode is Ash's and Paul's battle, and that's been analyzed very, very well already. When watching this the first time, I think there were 2 things I really liked about it. First was Ash using Aipom in his battle against Paul- I'm more used to Ash using fast pokemon or one of the elemental types (fire, water, grass, electric), so it was fun seeing him work with a normal type whose best offensive move is focus punch, requiring good timing and sort of a different style. Add to that Aipom actually did win, and it was cool. Also enjoyed Dawn cheering for Ash right after, b/c of why she did it, since he was just the person she knew (and not because he was the hero or cool guy). The way the introductions were done for Ash, Brock, and Dawn were well done in that Ash was just a trainer from Pallet Town and Brock was the former gym leader. I really believe it's set the tone for this region in that Ash's previous league achievements and Battle Frontier are put behind him. It's great that he accomplished those things, but he doesn't need to bring them up since if he really deserved those distinctions, they will show up in his battling style. I make this point b/c I sort of feel that Ash's inability to use Charizard at the Kanto league was something that stuck with him for awhile in the Jhoto region, and then Charizard's loss to Blaziken at the Jhoto league was brought up by Max in Hoenn when Ash first tried to challenge Norman -plus I think Max referred to Ash's Jhoto league's result when Ash lost in the Hoenn league. From things like that, I got the impression that Ash was tied to his previous league result, instead of really enjoying the new region.
This feeling made Ash's draw to Paul, a seemingly newbie trainer, more bearable for me. I really enjoyed the battle, and overall I think it's one of the top ones in Sinnoh so far.

saar
8th July 2010, 4:24 PM
Paul was definitely stronger in his first match VS Ash. He was better even when he had a Starley that he had just caught, and his Elekid should have won. It's good that Ash realized he needs to improve.^^

~Platinum~
19th July 2010, 2:36 AM
I do wonder if Paul's Chimchar was the same from Rowan's lab. But wouldn't Piplup recognized Chimchar?, Speaking of which is Ash's Starly the same one Paul released? I wasn't sure if he was. (And how come Starly doesn't seem to recognize Paul if so?)

No, Paul caught Chimchar in the wild after watching it use it's Blaze ability to take down a pack of Zangoose. And Ash's Starly was not caught and released by Paul.

Now back to this episode. Ash and Dawn finally meet and Ash has his first of many future battles against Paul. The battle, which ends in a tie, really wasn't all that impressive when we compare it to Ash's and Paul's future battles and we now know that Paul is not a beginning trainer and has more impressive pokemon on his team than Elekid, Chimchar, and Starly. It's also evidence that Pikachu's strength has "reset" as it does at the beginning of each new saga like it soon will in BW. Oh well. I guess defeating the Battle Pyramid one episode and then tying with and Elekid about ten episodes later is just how this show works :/ But overall a decent episode and a good way to properly introduce Paul, who soon becomes one of the most simultaneously hated/loved rivals of the entire show.

RickHoenn
13th October 2010, 4:29 PM
Another amazing episode for Sinnoh! I remember I was so excited seeing Paul & Ash rivalry, it was fresh Ash got a rival as great as Gary.

Ash finally got his DP clothes and Pikachu back, The first battle between Paul & Ash was cool, even Paul released his starly, He treated so bad Chimchar and his Elekid has his attitude.

A tie was fine for their 1st battle. and it begins the coolest rivalry ever in the series. :D

10/10

Painkiller2001
5th November 2010, 10:36 PM
Well, this Paul guy seems like he will make battles between him and Ash really fierce and intense. What with how differently he treats his Pokemon. And, Ash, Brock and Dawn finally get to have a proper introduction to one another.

Lance The Champ
28th November 2010, 10:22 AM
Paul is just the trainer of my type.... The way his Elekid took Pikachu's thunder and used it to charge itself was amazing

G50
27th April 2011, 5:27 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see an Ash vs Paul battle, even though it ended in a tie. It was interesting how Elekid used Pikachu's Thunder attack to charge up and be more powerful. It was upsetting to see Paul release Starly after the battle. Aipom did well in its battle against Chimchar. Wasn't surprised that Ash's Starly lost to Paul's Starly.

50/100

Miar
16th May 2011, 6:56 AM
Paul's certainly no Gary, and definitely Ash's opposite. He releases Pokémon without even giving them a chance. And he insults them when they win.

Nice first battle to start a rivalry. A draw that Ash wouldn't accept.

Ash reunites with Pikachu and gets new clothes, and Dawn and Brock start traveling with him. Thus ends the first of many chapters in the darkest saga to date. 9/10.

BurningSociety12345543210
27th May 2011, 11:41 PM
^ Err....."Darkest saga to date"?

The sandwich
7th August 2011, 4:50 AM
It was upsetting to see Paul release Starly after the battle.

I agree about this. I would have liked it better if Paul kept Starly and evolved it into Staraptor. I mean, it won!

Caseydia
9th March 2012, 10:16 PM
It would have been nice if Paul was a dark and ghost type user. It would have suited his personality.

BurningSociety12345543210
9th June 2012, 9:57 PM
I'm glad Paul didn't keep the Starly, because then there would be yet another Staraptor. -_-

Great that Ash reclaimed Pikachu finally. Here, Chimchar seems like a completely random pokemon they decided to plop onto Paul's team. Boy was I wrong.

Dawn+Serena Fan
17th August 2012, 3:32 AM
I just finished watching this as well. It's a pretty awesome episode. Ash, Dawn, and Brock meet for the 1st time and we get to see an awesome battle between Ash and Paul.
I give this episode a 10/10 as well!

Sinnoh Ash
28th September 2012, 9:42 AM
The start of my favorite adventure. Brings back so many memories. The battle between Paul&Ash is just Great. Loved the episode.

WhyHelloThere
5th October 2012, 1:14 AM
Great episode. Paul is my favorite rival. The other rivalries were kind of boring. Dawn meets Ash and Brock for the first time, and the monkey makes his first appearence. Too bad he was knocked out by Aipom.

It would have been nice if Paul was a dark and ghost type user. It would have suited his personality.

Well, there was Honchkrow, Weavile and Froslass.

KingMinun
18th June 2013, 11:09 PM
So I'm doing a DP run through this summer because I miss watching the show and since I own all the episodes on DVD it makes it a lot easier. I've reached episode 3, and man I gotta say, I remember enjoying this episode, Ash Vs Paul was great! I like the set up of the match, Bird Vs Bird, Monkey Vs Monkey and Electric Vs Electric. I remember being so intrigued by Paul's character at this stage, he was brilliant, fantastic episode.

PokemontrainerY
14th August 2013, 1:21 PM
I Loved this episode! it was a really well-done episode in my opinion. Ash's first encounter with Paul was good, although Paul releasing two of his newly caught Starly was a jerk move. If he was going release them, why did he catch them in the first place? I liked Ash telling Paul off for releasing the Starly, too bad he didn't listen to him. Geez, talk about being ignorant.

Ash and Dawn's first meeting was great too. It was awesome how Ash jumped on Team Rocket's robot and starts Climbing it like a boss. I loved Dawn reaction to Ash's heroism, she seemed surprised and worried at the same time. It was nice to see Ash finally reuniting with Pikachu, and then thanking Dawn for saving it. Just as Ash, Dawn and Brock were introducing themselve to each other.... they were apporached by Officer Jenny. As expected, Brock grabbed the pretty Officer Jenny's hands and started flirting with her. Dawn's reaction to Brock's flirting habit was priceless. xD

Ash's new outfit was cool, and I think it looks better than his AG outfit. The conversation between Ash and his mom was nice, it's a relief that she didn't mention anything about his underwear. I hated how 4kids made her say something like "don't forget to change your underwear" in the past, thankfully TPCi decided to stick closer to the japanese dialouge instead of making her say some kind of stupid comment about his underwear.

The battle between Ash and Paul was pretty good.... but his Elekid seemed a bit overpowered. How the heck it matched Pikachu, who defeated one of Brandon's regi not so long ago? That makes no sense. Oh well, at least Aipom did well in its battle against Chimchar. The battle ended in draw, but it started the beginning of a brand new rivalry between Ash and Paul. Lol, Who knew that Paul would turn out be a way better rival that Gary?

Overall, this was a great start of an awesome series. Good to see Dawn deciding to travel with Ash and Brock. Even though Dawn said that she wants to travel with them to interact with Pikachu, she'd interact with Ash a lot in the later episodes.

Painkiller2001
19th November 2014, 4:02 AM
Trainers like Paul in the show always made me wish there was a rival like him in DPPT. I've always like those kinds of rivals the best, because it's so satisfying when you beat them. :)

Lorde
26th November 2014, 10:13 PM
I really liked the idea of Paul catching three Starly and only keeping the best one while releasing the others. It was so practical of him. I liked how Dawn showed enthusiasm when she saw Ash talking to Professor Oak, and Ash and Paul's battle was pretty good minus Ash's Pikachu tying with Paul's Elekid in my opinion. For once I wanted Pikachu to slay.