PDA

View Full Version : YGO COTD - 10/1/2006: Shrink

The Requiem
2nd October 2006, 2:54 AM
http://webservice.empyregroup.net/yugioh_image.php?file=2147483532-2147483541-2147483548-2147483602-2147483546-2147483537-2147483599-2147483599-2147483596-2147483601-2147483541-2147483535-2147483544-110101116114101112

Text
Select 1 face-up monster on the field. The original ATK of that monster is halved until the end of this turn

Another week, another month, another COTD. Shrink is the first COTD of the week, and this ridiculously rare card is rumored to be in the upcoming champion packs. A quickplay magic card like this one is powerful in its own accord, making the almighty Blue Eyes White Dragon lose out in its battle to Ryu Kishin Powered. Ok terrible example but thats the power of this card. Spring it in the battle phase and its all over for somebody. Best used in tandem with monsters like Don Zaloog and Airknight Parshath

Advanced Format: 4/5

~RaikouRider243~
2nd October 2006, 3:37 AM
Best used in tandem with monsters like Don Zaloog and Airknight Parshath

Dude, you are thinking way too small.

I play Majestic Mech - Goryu. I Shrink it. Then I play Inferno Reckless Summon. I win.

4/5

The Requiem
2nd October 2006, 9:15 AM
That would be nice if it worked. To reckless summon something it has to start with 1500 or less. In other words, your quickplay spell is Celestial Transformation, and not Shrink.

If you use shrink on your turn and you dont flip a Crush Card, you did it wrong.

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
2nd October 2006, 9:36 PM
top 3 cards this game has to offer

AMAZING

10/5

FireKero!
3rd October 2006, 12:29 AM
Shrink for the win.

Hope this card makes it in the Championships pack (as a rare). It'll lessen the overall amount of people who can get this cookie-cutter card, but at least allow the masses a chance at getting the card.

I give it 5/5. It's versatility is top-notch.

ShinyManafi
3rd October 2006, 12:31 AM
5/5 This card is amazing, BTW, any know if they reprinted Des Volsgaphs like how they reprinted CyberStein.I just want to SJC cards for my collection, they can be any rarity for me

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
3rd October 2006, 2:49 AM
no Cyber Stein is the only SJC to be re-printed

Judai Yuki
3rd October 2006, 2:53 AM
Why Shrink? It's too PWnage.

-Judai

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
3rd October 2006, 5:07 AM
What I would do for this card =/

Dimensaur
4th October 2006, 3:40 AM
Yeah, this card pretty much owns. Its an SJC card, and those are generally pretty awesome. Its the second best one, Cyber Stein is first. I have been personally waiting for a mass release of this thing since I saw it on the show.

I know that that isn't really a review, but this thing pwns hard enough that it doesn't need one.

4.5/5

Raito
5th October 2006, 4:27 AM
Needs to be here, ftw.

Stops VLord. lolol

If I listed what all is stops/helps, I'd be here till the next coming

Judai Yuki
5th October 2006, 10:07 PM
Sexiest card ever.

-Judai

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
5th October 2006, 11:09 PM
Sexiest card ever.

-Judai

I agree totally... I saw Dale Bellido use it at SJC Boston... I was like

=O
i want

Judai Yuki
5th October 2006, 11:43 PM
I would never use that one though. Too valuable. Imagine shuffling and bending it. 0_o

-Judai

Haruka's Swimsuit
6th October 2006, 12:04 AM
Sexiest card ever.

-Judai

You're crazy, Cyber ChuChu is twice as sexy as that deformed Orc on Shrink's graphic.

Leon Phelps
6th October 2006, 12:50 AM
I would never use that one though. Too valuable. Imagine shuffling and bending it. 0_o

-Judai
You don't use cases? I pity the fool who would put this baby in a duel disk. I'm surprised that there isn't a price to pay for it. Is it going to be limited?

The_Darkness_Incarnate
6th October 2006, 5:54 AM
You don't use cases? I pity the fool who would put this baby in a duel disk. I'm surprised that there isn't a price to pay for it. Is it going to be limited?

Cases can bend the cards as well, if you riffle them as might be required. Cases or not, cards bend, especially uber-special hyper-quasi-holofoil ones.

And I suppose I should rate it because I posted. :/

4/5- I'm out of the loop, but I can see how overt it is that this card changes the tide of games; Everything but and uber-pimped Great-Maju-Garzett gets shot down to kill range with this card, hands down. It's power might not warrant running three copies, but in a 40 card deck, one of these in an emergency situation is enough, and two if your deck is slow enough to take that long to set up. I personally can't see three copies being run, but it's possible. This becoming easily available is likely quite a punch to the metagame; this is a card you have to consider everytime you see them drop a face-down and everytime you do virtually anything. Adds quite a bit a depth to the game when you have to keep watching out for something with as much potential and impact as this. A trick in the sleeve that effortlessly and effectively MURDERS the game flow and board position, like [Not quite, but I can imagine a situation...] a topdeck Time Spiral in a Tolarian Academy OTK. Need I say more?

FireKero!
7th October 2006, 6:27 AM
I agree totally... I saw Dale Bellido use it at SJC Boston... I was like

=O
i want

Dude, he was like, totally borrowing the Shrink's. :D

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
7th October 2006, 4:26 PM
Dale Bellido is one of the best players in the world.. thus he has team mates to borrow with

FireKero!
7th October 2006, 8:07 PM
lol. Dale's pretty kewl. Smexy too. :D

I wanna play Shrink too. I'll ask him if I can borrow it for a tourney next time I see him.

Raito
7th October 2006, 9:49 PM
Kero, I didn't know you and Dale were friends.

The Requiem
7th October 2006, 10:07 PM
Everything but and uber-pimped Great-Maju-Garzett gets shot down to kill range with this card, hands down.

Two things:

One, Great Maju Garzett isnt really uber pimped.

Two, GMG and all other monsters with ?/? stats get 0 ATK from shrink.

The_Darkness_Incarnate
8th October 2006, 3:56 AM
Two things:

One, Great Maju Garzett isnt really uber pimped.

Two, GMG and all other monsters with ?/? stats get 0 ATK from shrink.

What I meant when I said "uber-pimped" was a large one, such as if you sac'd a moderately large to large creature to it, like Cyber Dragon. Not that it was good. Though I didn't know the second rule. I thought it was what the question mark was when it was in play, ie. the attack points of the tribute. Sorry.

The Requiem
8th October 2006, 5:48 AM
Im the one who should be aplolgising, I got uberpimp'd wrong.

Just setting the ruling record straight. DOIN MAH JOB.

LugiaRules
8th October 2006, 7:15 AM
This card is really called Collapse.

The_Darkness_Incarnate
8th October 2006, 7:22 AM

Go it. Whatever you want to call it, it does the same thing. It's actually probably called many things, since YGO is likely translated in a lot of languages. I can call it cellular collapse and it would make some sense if that was the loose translation in, say, Chinese. Why does this matter? Discuss the effect, not the name.

The Requiem
8th October 2006, 11:59 PM

Umm...no its not. Did you look at the first post with a picture of the uh..ACTUAL CARD. Because of Nightmare Troubadour, people did think when Shrink was released in the states it would be renamed collapse but its just another case of the terrible translation in that game.

Seriously, you dont trust card names from a game that translates "I cant go back out because its too late", as "Can't go out because of slowness today."

Judai Yuki
9th October 2006, 12:03 AM
Shrink 2x would help my Vampire Swarm.

-Judai

FireKero!
9th October 2006, 3:40 AM
Kero, I didn't know you and Dale were friends.

I'm talking to him right now! xD Say hi Dale.

"...hi?"

Collapse is a wicked name. But, mistranslated.

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
9th October 2006, 4:54 AM
Shrink 2x would help my Vampire Swarm.

-Judai

Someone used 2x SHrink and top 8ed a SJC once

FireKero!
9th October 2006, 11:13 PM
The kid lucksacked his way up there. Shrink doesn't even belong in decks that use Chaos Sorcerer. Just not enough control/aggro going down at the same time.

Shrink is always used to react to something, hence why it was made into a Quick-Play spell card. Never a bad topdeck, always a good set-up.