PDA

View Full Version : Banned?

SlipKnoT
2nd October 2006, 2:34 PM
For some reason I was banned from the chat.I did't do anything wrong?I think it said "NO ADVERTISING".I didn't.Please clarify why I was banned.

Xiang
2nd October 2006, 2:36 PM
Did you advertise a site or did you use this: # symbol?

SlipKnoT
2nd October 2006, 2:36 PM
Did you advertise a site or did you use this: # symbol?

Why is # bad?

Turtloopa
2nd October 2006, 2:56 PM
IRC channel names begin with # , that's why. Also URLs kick you too

Elementy
# is considered advertising becuase it is the chan symbol. Example:
Random person: OCME JOIN MY CHAN!1111 #LOLOZLZOLZOZZ

(9:30:54 am) «Suicune619» one day Pokemon #619 will own all
(9:30:55 am)7 *** Shadow_Nokutasu banned: *!*@c-68-55-175-136.hsd1.md.comcast.net
(149:30:55 am) *** Suicune619 was kicked by Shadow_Nokutasu DONT ADVERTISE Kick Number 9863 )

Just put a space between then # sign and the thing after it. Or type out number.

Its a five minute ban too. Not that long, just deal with it, and you can rejoin five minutes later :/

Also, reading chat rules would be helpful. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=35414

2) Don't advertise sites or other channels, this Rule is pretty complicated, but anything with the # sign is considered as Advertising according to the Scripts, and also any Link with http:// and www. gets kicked out aswell so watch out. Also refrain from Partial Linking like, for e.g "serebii.net/index2.shtml" that's also considered as Advertising.

:) Next time look please? Or read the rules?

Shuko
Why is # bad?

Next time you really should read the rules before chatting. :(

# is kind of an illegal character, because when you post it with any text after it, the chat treats it like a link to another IRC channel. In a sense, it's advertising, because you can use it to link to other channels. There used to be a big problem with people logging on to the chat just to drop their own channel's name, and leave.

And the same goes for links. You aren't allowed to post links in the chat either. I think the reasoning is the same, but it's also good to keep people from linking to objectionable material.

Yeah, it's a hassle, but it's not like it's life threatening or anything. ;) Besides, it only kicks you for five minutes. You'll know better next time now. ;)

SlipKnoT
2nd October 2006, 3:52 PM
I don't know how it really works, but okay.I meant it as the number symbol.But ok, question answered.

master haris
14th October 2006, 6:09 PM
This chat is boring