PDA

View Full Version : Objection on the closing of rescue teams in md/trozei/ranger forum

Lalonde
8th October 2006, 9:05 PM
i am indeed mad about this, but i have an idea to make everyone happy.
A new forum could be created, only for rescue teams. Then, there would be a sticky were the main post must be posted there and approved before the person could go and create the rescue force. then, it would keep out more spamish rescue forces in the md/trozei/ranger section, but people would still have the option of going to a less crowded thread to get help, rather than having to wait for hours to get help in the big sticky!

blue_kiko_kid
8th October 2006, 10:50 PM
YES! I totally agree!

cpman
8th October 2006, 10:51 PM
good idea!im on my way to a pokemon battle whith serebii in a pokemon battle now!

Scy*Teh*Scyther
8th October 2006, 10:52 PM
Like a Sub-Forum inside the MD/Trozei/Ranger Area just for Rescues... Hmm.. Great Idea Latias

Valoc Darkmyre
8th October 2006, 11:08 PM
Actually, I've made a suggestion (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=147235&page=9) in the Serebii forums topic about how to handle this; check it out if you're interested.

Anyway, I think a separate forum for rescue missions would be way too crowded. All of those rescue topics were cluttering the forum, and making it hard to see other topics. If there was a whole forum for it, it would still be cluttered. I don't think the "I died and I need help!" sticky works that well either, because it's all a matter of luck if somebody decides to take on your rescue request.

Shining Mew
8th October 2006, 11:14 PM
Making a sticky too so theres no excuse for not noticing the announcent.

There has been an emergence of a lot of "Team so and so rescue force! join us!" threads being created in this forum.

Theyre pretty annoying, cluttering the forum and theres a "help i died!" sticky thread already for people who need being rescued. Not to mention Ive been swimming through a bunch of them over the past few days and theyre more of a spam festival really.

These threads are like mini clubs. Sorry guys, we decided we're gunna start closing these types of threads. Put banners in your signatures or something.

"Omg leave the big ones open!"

Umm no

We have General Help threads in every forum. THATS WHERE THE HELP STUFF GOES.

Why should we make an exception for this game. Do it in the thread or not at all

Was this missed?
Honestly I see no point in them. Except for people to spam in.
We decided to get rid of them, theyre pointless. Whoo.

blue_kiko_kid
8th October 2006, 11:20 PM
I dont get why the mods think its a bad idea, all you have to do is click a button and make it happen, its not going to spam up! if it does, then all you have to do is clean it out every once in awhile

Valoc Darkmyre
8th October 2006, 11:21 PM
I have taken that into mind in my suggestion in the Serebii forums topic, which I hope might make everybody happy. Anyway, if you think it's a stupid suggestion I don't mind; I don't even do rescue team services. ;P

Shining Mew
8th October 2006, 11:27 PM
I dont get why the mods think its a bad idea, all you have to do is click a button and make it happen, its not going to spam up! if it does, then all you have to do is clean it out every once in awhile

More like every 10 minutes.

blue_kiko_kid
8th October 2006, 11:29 PM
More like every 10 minutes.

Hm..Well I like the idea for a sub topic, where your team has to get accepted first, to prevent bored n00b teams, then if the post spam the aren't allowed in the topic anymore.

Scy*Teh*Scyther
8th October 2006, 11:31 PM
Hm..Well I like the idea for a sub topic, where your team has to get accepted first, to prevent bored n00b teams, then if the post spam the aren't allowed in the topic anymore.

I dunno.. Can they do that? Ban by topic instead of whole forum? O-o

Honestly everyone, it's awesome fighting for it, but the Staff here isn't going to let down. They probably have us beat already. =/

scooter
8th October 2006, 11:35 PM

if you mean like in the clubs and games sectin that might work out. may need a few mods to keep it going fast though

Topaz Archer
9th October 2006, 12:11 AM
i honestly think they SHOULD be shut down. Why? Does "The Official 'Help I Died' Thread" ring a bell?

scooter
9th October 2006, 12:25 AM
ya but that thread is getting cofusing and there arn't many people to rescue you there. so that is why they should just close that and leave it to the rescue force

Zora
9th October 2006, 12:26 AM
^The problem is luidcouroso (sp?) speed. You can post something in there and five mintues later have to post it because it is always 5 pages behind.

This may sound like a bad idea, but howabout the I died thread is only for putting in "I died codes." Thank you items and A-ok have to be done over PM. Also make sure that people DO NOT USE IT AS A HELP THREAD. As in "how do I get Zapdos..." This would help reduce the size of the posts. Really though, it is just really crowded in there. Beyond that when someone needs to repost there information (NEEDS TO, not wants to), other people start doing it, and guess what? The orginal person needs to post it again. It is just in really bad shape.

However, here is another proposal:

ONE rescue thread were people submit a form to where people who need an SOS actually seek out who they want based off the form. This would help people since they no longer need to wait and and be seeked, they can seek out others.

Shining Mew
9th October 2006, 12:29 AM
Meanwhile the "rescue force" was supposed to post in the sticky to begin with 8)

Or do people on little "rescue forces" not have the ability to click "post reply" in that sticky thread? I was unaware! Goodness gracious me.

And on a further note, people were using their little team threads to report recent happenings. But wait! There was already a general recent happenings thread in the forum as well? OH GOSH GOLLY WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE?!

Zora
9th October 2006, 12:30 AM
^They can post it, but just because it is posted does not mean it will be seen. The posts aren't seen, that is the problem.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=150682&page=204

Jess, look at it. It looks more like a chatroom than a thread... that thread needs to modded and cleaned, it is just in bad shape right now. This is how the rescue teams were born...

Shining Mew
9th October 2006, 12:39 AM
Sarcasm...

People cant figure out how to post thats all. Thats why it moves "so fast omgz." I PMed 3 people from that thread alone to stop double posting. And people are so obsessed with what rewards theyll get and ********. However, whether its in 1 thread or 67, people will still be making spam posts. Having more than one thread will only encourage people to spam. Yay spam! And again, why should we make a whole new subforum and allowances to this game? Why dont we make a subform so we can post a thread to discuss each pokemon familys shiny version! Because you know, the shiny thread moves so fast! I WANT TO DISCUSS MY SHINY BULBASAUR DAMN YOU ALL BUT YOUR SHINY RAYQUAZA BUMPED IT BACK A PAGE SO NOW NO ONE CAN READ ABOUT MY SHINY BULBASAUR.

Or you know... people could stop sucking at MD. That will reduce posts.
n___n b

Zora
9th October 2006, 12:41 AM
I do not mean to be rude, but have you played Mysterious Dungeon?

Most people die because hax, not lack of skill. That is like saying dieing from Sheer Cold means you suck at the video game. Do you?

Shining Mew
9th October 2006, 12:56 AM
Wow you like missing my sarcasm I guess.

(And while this has nothing to do with the actual discussion, yes I have played it for awhile with a ROM. :rolleyes: Wasnt good enough of a game to actually go buy. Boring.)

And to the people who claim the "popular" teams should be left open... whats to say all the new threads that were being made werent going to become popular? All threads start with 0 posts. Or are you better than others when you make threads? Would you like to be a mod too while youre at it? Smod perhaps?

Waste of space. Again, this is what stickies are for. Again, using the shiny sticky... its there for all shiny discussion and questions (minus silly polls in the pokepoll forum and whatnot). Very active. Doesnt mean we should make a subforum about shinies so we can have the following threads

-I wish I had ___ as a shiny thread!
-I have ___ as a shiny thread!
-I saw a ____ shiny but I didnt catch it/killed it/was in battle tower/safari zone thread!
-My favorite color shiny is ___!
-Does cloning take away the value of shinies thread!
-Shiny FAQ thread!
-The D/P Wifi shiny trading thread!
-Do you soft reset for shinies? thread!
-ETC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erik Destler
9th October 2006, 1:13 AM
Possible Solution:

Delete the "omg i died thread" or whatever.

New thread: "i died help" whatever it's called.

In there, say Post only SOS Codes. Further talk about said help mission will be done through PM.

When a SOS Mission has been taken by someone, and or completed, the person who posted the SOS message will edit and say so.

And that's all the posting that will be done, any other posting will result in a warning etc. etc.

The only posting allowed in the Path to DP will be that discussing the play of each game. There will be no "T____T how do I befriend Zapdos T___T" threads.

Instead, there will be posts in the General Help Thread.

Failure to comply to said rules results in warning and etc. etc.

.-. just an idea. :x

Lalonde
9th October 2006, 1:38 AM
^yes, but then, people with special charecters in their names like myself would not be able to use the pming system correctly, due to the screw up with special charecters on the forum, thus that plan going to the dump!

Zora
9th October 2006, 1:40 AM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=150682&page=207

Jess look. That is the most recent page, more than half of it filled (during the time I am looking at it) and NOT ONE CODE.

It is literally becoming a chat room.

Okay, howabout you close, start the thread anew, but I would request that you spend time on this thread in terms of moderating. Put down rules, execute, etc. It is a disaster now and it will only get worst. I am well aware you are busy, but perhaps consider the idea of recreating the thread so it is better.

This is like Diamond Pearl forum, the only difference is that it is a thread.

Number of codes at end of post from above URL: One, page is about 63% filled...

Shining Mew
9th October 2006, 1:45 AM
I usually do try to mod in there but I cant spend my entire life reading that thread. I have to divide the time I spend on the forum along with killing sigs, banning idiots, modding the other forums Im "assigned" to, other forums I frequent that Im not "assigned" to... what the **** do I look like? Im human. In fact, Im kinda busy doing an english essay at the moment and cant go deleting right now ^___^!!!! Apologies for not having my eyes glued to the thread, I should be demodded! Please please, take my place!

Before I was typing up a new post to go along with this idea that Erik showed me at 7:30 on IRC for this. But then I stopped when I realized it was 8 and I hadnt finished my essay yet. More organized, and people can go on spamming sprees via PMs where I dont have to deal with it.

In there, say Post only SOS Codes. Further talk about said help mission will be done through PM.

Valoc Darkmyre
9th October 2006, 1:50 AM
That's a very good idea Jess, and one that has my support. ;)

Zora
9th October 2006, 1:54 AM
Well obviously if you need to spend a lot of time on a thread in order ot mod it doesn't that mean there is a problem with that thread? And you could ask the Path to Diamond and Pearl Staff to help you. Or ask them to just do it and you can ignore it.

Jess, I suggested that idea too. My first post on the previous pages:

This may sound like a bad idea, but howabout the I died thread is only for putting in "I died codes." Thank you items and A-ok have to be done over PM.

So obsiously if that is legislated I will be happy. Right now I could care less on the legislation, I need someone to execute the rules there!!!

Erik Destler
9th October 2006, 1:55 AM
^yes, but then, people with special charecters in their names like myself would not be able to use the pming system correctly, due to the screw up with special charecters on the forum, thus that plan going to the dump!

Er, are you sure? That doesn't sound right. D:

Anyways, a person can always go to instant messenger if they can't pm.

:x

That's a very good idea Jess, and one that has my support.

;-; what am I, chopped liver? >>;

Zora
9th October 2006, 1:59 AM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=150682&page=208

Great 17 minutes have gone by and one page worth of information has appeared. Guess, what will happen?

The one that didn't get help will post there information, others who didn't get help will follow. With the speed it is going right now (~1.2 posts per minute), that thread will be at page 300 by tommorrow night. I sense a storm brewing...

Shining Mew
9th October 2006, 2:04 AM
Would you like me to stay up all night moderating each post then after I complete my essay and until I finish making the other thread? :)

I dont consider that thread a priority as its just like any other general help sticky in any of the forums. I certainly do not read through the new posts in these threads http://serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65 every day. Or even better, the stickies in here http://serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89 or here http://serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136. In fact, I doubt ANY mod really reads through the pages in such stickies. Its impossible for us to catch everything and/or spend the time reading through the pages. Its up to the members to report the crappy posts as they come across them :). Yay report button.

Valoc Darkmyre
9th October 2006, 2:06 AM
;-; what am I, chopped liver? >>;

Oh, right, sorry. You really deserve the credit. ^_^;

Anyway, I know this is hard people, but give Jess some time; don't rush her. She'll make the new topic when she wants to.

PokeDude101
9th October 2006, 2:11 AM
Would you like me to stay up all night moderating each post then after I complete my essay and until I finish making the other thread? :)

I dont consider that thread a priority as its just like any other general help sticky in any of the forums. I certainly do not read through the new posts in these threads http://serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65 every day. Or even better, the stickies in here http://serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89 or here http://serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136. In fact, I doubt ANY mod really reads through the pages in such stickies. Its impossible for us to catch everything and/or spend the time reading through the pages. Its up to the members to report the crappy posts as they come across them :). Yay report button.

Shes rigt people need to respect the mods

PokeDude101

Zora
9th October 2006, 2:11 AM
What I am saying is that I know you are busy but perhaps the some (not all, some) of the rescue services were actually lighting your workload, rather than creating more. THe thing is, is removing all of them actually lighting the load? Perhaps keep some of the major ones open.

You see, you said they were like clubs. That was not really true. There purpose were for people with help to seek out someone with a form that on it has there dungeon and seek help. They weren't clubs, they were a tool.

Then the tool was abused and some were really clubs, not tools. But there purpose was to be a tool, a tool to help you. That is for those that needed it.

English lacks a Uds. I need a Uds. For English. Uds.=all you staff

Uds. need to find a way to fix that thread up. Perhaps Uds. thought that closing down the rescue services (major ones) would help. Yes some Uds. had to close down, but others Uds. needed or should have kept open to light your workload. Now, Uds. need to figure out which rescue services are a tool, and which ones are clubs. Clubs go, tools stay.

I rest my case.

Erik Destler
9th October 2006, 2:16 AM
Well that's fine and dandy, but then everyone and their brother will have their own rescue team.

And then, there will be the battle to have their team at the first page.

And I believe, with your calculations earlier, there will be oh 350+ pages filled of threads just about Teams, while we fail to keep in mind that the forum is also the Trozei and Ranger forum.

The PM thing will work, and posting will hopefully fix.

I rest my case. >:\

Valoc Darkmyre
9th October 2006, 2:19 AM
I agree with Erik. I don't need my own Rescue Team topic to do rescue missions. When the new thread is made, I'll be happy and content with doing my rescues for others via PM.

Shining Mew
9th October 2006, 2:31 AM
And to the people who claim the "popular" teams should be left open... whats to say all the new threads that were being made werent going to become popular? All threads start with 0 posts. Or are you better than others when you make threads? Would you like to be a mod too while youre at it? Smod perhaps?

And how does giving me say 6 threads to read through on the same topic "lighten the load" compared to one sticky. And AGAIN to mention.. the happy rescue force threads were also being used for recent happenings kinda posts. Which is just as useful as the "chatroom-esque" posts that are being made in the current sticky. And again, theres already a thread for recent happenings.

Zora
9th October 2006, 2:36 AM
Fine, let it stand. But when someone starts complaining about the I died thread being too crowded and too SPAMish, don't complain.

Shining Mew
9th October 2006, 2:40 AM

Is it just me thats noticing or are my posts not being read?
Did I imagine saying that I was in the process of getting a new thread up with the whole codes only PM the rest thing? Yes? No?

Valoc Darkmyre
9th October 2006, 2:42 AM
It's not just you, Jess; people seem to be overlooking most of my posts, too. =/

Zora
9th October 2006, 2:43 AM
*Sigh* Pretend this. There are no cops, not FBI to arrest, not matter what you do you will not get arrested. So if you kill a man, no willl arrest you or do anything, even if there is a law.

Now here is the thing, you said you won't mod the thread. If you won't mod the thread, what good are any new rules if no one has to follow them because there will be no one to bring forth punshiment?

Shining Mew
9th October 2006, 2:46 AM
Oh my. I think this thread will make me lose my mind.

When the hell did I say I wont mod the thread?
I have been modding the thread, and will continue, as thats what Im here for. But there's this thing called being busy.

I said I dont spend every waking minute ready to mod every single post. Its physically impossible for any mod to spend all their time doing that. I cant spend my whole damn day on the forum. Or in that thread. There are other things on here that require my attention. As well as other things NOT on the internet that require my attention. Good. ****ing. God.

Zora
9th October 2006, 2:53 AM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=4462472&postcount=29

This implies that you don't have time. You will try to mod when you have time, you said that, but the thing is; IT MOVES TO DAMN FAST! You will have a chance to tell 1 out of every 400 people that respond to that thread that they Spammed. The rule will simply go unnoticed.

You (as in the entire staff) need to work together on that thread. Perhaps not make it one way.

My second orginal proposal (I had two orginal) was to make a "rescue service" thread. Now this isn't a normal one. It isn't even a rescue service at all to be honest. What people do is submit what dungeons they will do. Afterwards people who need an SOS can seek someoen else, rather waiting to be seeked and starting the unavoidable reposting to get help.

Jess, you said you won't mod it, you said you can't mod it. No one really can, but if only few people can get punished, what will happen. What would happen if 1 out of 400 murderers got arrested?

That thread is doomed, and though the idea is great, IT NEEDS CONSTANT EXECUTION. How to explain it. It only works in theory. In reality, it will help, but now as good as you want.

Maybe I should just leave now like I planned two posts.

But there will be problems, and I think that forcing a lot of things into one tiney thread will cause problems.

ShadowRukario
9th October 2006, 3:02 AM
Now here is the thing, you said you won't mod the thread. If you won't mod the thread, what good are any new rules if no one has to follow them because there will be no one to bring forth punshiment?
You've been here since April 2005 and you still don't know how to use the report button?
Like Jess said, mods can't spend their whole life looking at one thread, thats why they they want us to report the posts. The report button isn't just for looks you know.

Shining Mew
9th October 2006, 3:07 AM
Wow I cant even bother to reply.

Due to the fact that there is no common sense left in this thread, it will be closed now before the rest of mine is completely obliterated :) Now that Im done essaying for english, Ill start the new thread! Oh wait. That means Id be doing mod work. **** NO JESS NO DONT DO IT NOOOOOO!

I no longer hold faith in this skill people calling "reading."