View Full Version : YGO COTD - 10/12/2006: Theban Nightmare

The Requiem
12th October 2006, 10:12 PM

While there are no cards in the hand and in the Spell & Trap Card Zones of this card's controller, increase the ATK of this card by 1500 points.

Most of you who have entered this thread entered it to find out what the hell a Theban Nightmare is in the first place. Theban Nightmare is a techy slapdown-beatdown card, whose attack skyrockets when you have no backfield, and no hand. Great answer to a heavy storm, or something to play after you have dropped your own. It also wins every topdeck war in the history of ever... In my opinion, its a highly underrated card that can deal some heavy damage, a 4 star 3000 is nothing to scoff at.

Advanced Format 3/5

12th October 2006, 11:17 PM
Underrated, very good for a rare, 3.5/5

12th October 2006, 11:39 PM
Used to run a set of these in a fiend/chaos deck. They're very nice, good tech for warrior or any decktype that tends to run out of gas quickly. Just limit your trap use.

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
13th October 2006, 4:16 AM
This card is god in a format with Yata banned and CED EOTE not banned

cuzz Last Will+ a sangan+CED+no summon yet
get two of these(one with sangan one with Last Will)

The Requiem
13th October 2006, 5:11 AM
You could always try giving that a shot with Neo Daedalus. Situational as hell? Yes. Payoff? Extreme.

Erus Black Mage
13th October 2006, 5:28 AM

Works well with Heavy Storm and Possibly Card Of Destruction.

13th October 2006, 11:15 AM
The only time I'd use this card is if I had a discarding type of deck. But pretty good for a level 4 rare card.