PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Bathe in Light

~RaikouRider243~
14th October 2006, 7:37 PM
http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/RAV/en-us/Card87910.jpg

BATHE IN LIGHT

Ravnica: City of Guilds uncommon

1W: Instant

Radiance - Choose a color. Target creature and each creature that shares a color with it gain protection from the chosen color until end of turn.

Underrated card. It's a limited counterspell for white. Rend Flesh/Last Gasp? I'll make my creature pro-black. Board creature-bogged on both sides? Give all your creature pro whatever your opponent is playing and swing for the win.

2.5/5

The_Darkness_Incarnate
14th October 2006, 7:57 PM
I agree. This card is highly underrated, and likely one of the better budget cards out there. It's not quite as good as say, Blessed Breath, but if your looking for a combat trick in T2 for white, look no farther than this. It's easily playable and gives a lasting protection due to radiance if used properly. A single one of these can thoroughly rock combat math, removing the hurt from double blocking while at the same time giving protection from removal. And there's always the semi-unblockable alpha strike this thing can be used to pull off if you have a stalemate and, optimally, a multicolored creature of your deck's colors. Most red-zone focused budget decks with white should run this if they have any room whatsoever; it can impact the game a lot. Not automatic, but budget builders should always give this card a critical eye if they ever happen to be centering around, or even splashing, white.

2.75/5

klducks
15th October 2006, 3:39 AM
I am gonna go out of a limb and give this a high rating of 3.35/5. I truly believe it's THAT good.

This thing counters SO MANY cards and has SO MANY uses. It's endless.

Prevention of damage, unblockability, shreding auras, counterspelling targeting creature cards. those are all off the top of my head, im sure theres many more uses.

The only con of this card is if youre playing a multi colored deck. and even then, it has A LOT of uses. Playing against a multi colored creature deck doesnt have the unblockability probability, but hell, id still run it.

Shadow the Hedgehog
15th October 2006, 4:50 PM
Would Wrath of God work with this? Or is there some targeting thing I'm missing out on?

3/5

The_Darkness_Incarnate
15th October 2006, 7:42 PM
Would Wrath of God work with this? Or is there some targeting thing I'm missing out on?

3/5

Spells like Wrath of God and Pyroclasm don't target. The only time a card targets something is when it says target on the card.

The_Darkness_Incarnate
15th October 2006, 7:43 PM

3/5

Spells like Wrath of God and Pyroclasm don't target. The only time a card targets something is when it specifically says target on the card.