PDA

View Full Version : what do you like about the manga your reading

tashan
15th October 2006, 8:08 PM
i'm reading dragonball volume 1 and i like it because it uncut XD

what do you like abou your manga?

BattleFranky~40
15th October 2006, 8:56 PM
I like reading Welcome to the NHK because it makes me realize how ****ed up life is.

SamsGFX
15th October 2006, 9:54 PM
I like reading Kingdom Hearts because the Art style is one that I'm considering applying to my GCSE Coursework at some point, [plus I need to know a little more about the KH world, I haven't played the first game yet!]

Konosuke
16th October 2006, 3:09 AM
Depends, i read multiple manga's. To be general, i love mysteries and action. Plot twists are a big twist. If something can make me go 'Wait, what? That was unexpected?!' then i like it. XD

HK
18th October 2006, 1:08 AM
I like reading Welcome to the NHK because it makes me realize how ****ed up life is.

But are you REALLY as far gone as Satou is? THAT'S THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION!

As for the most recent manga that I've read, I checked out volume two of The Drifting Classroom for an old school manga that is actually only one of two horror manga that I've ever really enjoyed, volume one of Welcome to the N.H.K. because it is uplifting that I have not spiraled that low as a manga/anime fan yet depressing because it still reminds me a fair bit of myself, and finally volume one of The Times of Botchan since I love Jiro Taniguchi's art and am curious about Japanese's progression in the early 20th century.

BattleFranky~40
18th October 2006, 1:23 AM
But are you REALLY as far gone as Satou is? THAT'S THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION!
Hell no, but it's still funny, in an extremely depressing sort of way, how much his life gets ****ed up.

For the people who are tired of generic Shounen, this is one of the few manga in which friendship has actually made the main character worse than he was at the beginning.

That Scary Clefairy
18th October 2006, 2:13 AM
Hell no, but it's still funny, in an extremely depressing sort of way, how much his life gets ****ed up.

For the people who are tired of generic Shounen, this is one of the few manga in which friendship has actually made the main character worse than he was at the beginning.

making the "don't trust anyone" slogan true.

Neko Godot
23rd October 2006, 10:02 PM
Lessa see, I like Zatch Bell for the comedy and plot, same goes for Fruits Basket and Naruto. As for Negima, I like it for the comedy and the ... fanservice! ;)

Catalyst
24th October 2006, 1:32 AM
For actually appreciating good artwork. ;/

Though this is Black Cat, and the details pretty awesome.

Neko Godot
24th October 2006, 1:48 AM
I actually don't care about the artwork, artwork means nothing if the plot/writing sucks.

Catalyst
24th October 2006, 1:56 AM
Of course your point is valid, I mean... look at Bleach right now. Though the artwork isn't the best I've seen it's quite good.

Neko Godot
24th October 2006, 2:01 AM
Of course your point is valid, I mean... look at Bleach right now. Though the artwork isn't the best I've seen it's quite good.
Yep, artwork means nothing if the plot is a complete pile of elephant ****.