View Full Version : YGO COTD - 10/19/2006: Great Long Nose

The Requiem
19th October 2006, 9:34 PM

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn that this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, your opponent skips their next Battle Phase.

Great Long nose is an often overlooked monster card, due to the fact that its a level 5, 1900 attack monster that returns to your hand once its done its job. The thing is, it does something that I like to call "time shifting", skipping phases in your opponents turn, and losing out on a battle phase can be very gamebreaking if done correctly. In the hands of a skillful player, this tengu can cause a little havoc, especially if teamed up with cards like Cold Wave; it can skip entire turns. That can mean game loss in YGO.

Advanced Format 2/5 (this has untapped potential..)

Erus Black Mage
19th October 2006, 9:45 PM

The fact that it is 5-star bothers me.

19th October 2006, 11:22 PM

I hate this having 5 stars -_-

20th October 2006, 12:17 AM
Treeborn + this = BROKEN

That is all.

The Requiem
20th October 2006, 4:38 AM
See. There ya go. Points to Aquadon for thinking outside of the box.

20th October 2006, 3:21 PM
I don't like it having 5 stars, plus the combo itself is kinda bulky. I could see it work in a Stasis-like deck (where you keep skipping their phases with cards like Timeater) but that's about it. Underrated for sure but don't get too excited about it.