PDA

View Full Version : YGO:Parellel Rare Toy Promos?

ShinyManafi
21st October 2006, 9:29 PM
Anyone got these cards from the YGOGX toys?

The Requiem
21st October 2006, 9:34 PM
All I know of is the thunder giant. What others are there?

ShinyManafi
21st October 2006, 9:43 PM
All I know of is the thunder giant. What others are there?

Cthonian Soldier, E-Hero Thunder Giant, E-Hero Flame Wingman, Ancient Gear Golem, Winged Kuriboh LV10, Cyber Dragon, Cyber End Dragon, E-Hero Tempest, E-Hero Wildedge, Black Luster Soldier, E-Hero Bladedge, Water Dragon, E-Hero Avian, E-Hero Bustinatrix, E-Hero Sparkman, E-Hero Clayman

All Parallel rare, my brother gets the toy, he gives me the card :D, the toy came with a little pocket guide that showed all the cards

Mikau
21st October 2006, 10:51 PM
Sounds like a good deal. So, are the toys still in stores? And are the cards playable or just some fancy art and alittle text describing it.

ShinyManafi
21st October 2006, 11:28 PM
They're fairly new, going for about $9.99 for the smaller ones and $19.99 for the bigger and the cards are parallel rare

Aquadon
22nd October 2006, 12:16 AM
They're fairly new, going for about $9.99 for the smaller ones and $19.99 for the bigger and the cards are parallel rare

Do you have scans of the non-Thunder Giant cards?

Also Requiem: Hino Shouldn't go here lol.

PKMN Legend Anthony
25th October 2006, 8:14 PM
are these toys being realesed in the UK?

ShinyManafi
25th October 2006, 9:13 PM
I'm not sure about that

Aquadon
25th October 2006, 9:49 PM
are these toys being realesed in the UK?

I'm going to say yes... as of right now.

You could always eBay them though.

ShinyManafi
25th October 2006, 10:56 PM
Do you have scans of the non-Thunder Giant cards?

http://i13.*******.com/2mqupvp.jpg
Here's the Cyber End Dragon scan. Card and Toy

Aquadon
26th October 2006, 12:05 AM
http://i13.*******.com/2mqupvp.jpg
Here's the Cyber End Dragon scan. Card and Toy

I was referring to the otehr Cyber Dragon, WKLV10, and AGG. I've seen CED and Wildedge before.

ShinyManafi
26th October 2006, 1:11 AM
I was referring to the otehr Cyber Dragon, WKLV10, and AGG. I've seen CED and Wildedge before.

I don't have scans for those, but I did see them at Toysrus

Mikau
26th October 2006, 1:06 PM
So would these toys and cards be at Wal-Mart? I'm only asking this because my mom won't take me to Toys'R'Us without a good reason.

FireKero!
26th October 2006, 6:27 PM
I tried looking around for the toys, but couldn't find any of them. And it's not like I shouldn't be able to not find any, what with Zellers, and several Wal-mart's and a Toys R' Us close to where I live.

Pacman
26th October 2006, 7:28 PM
Hmmmm...that's cool. I may have to check it out.

ShinyManafi
26th October 2006, 8:48 PM
So would these toys and cards be at Wal-Mart? I'm only asking this because my mom won't take me to Toys'R'Us without a good reason.

They should be, my Toysrus had about 12 of them, but I can't guaranteee you they'll have them

The Requiem
26th October 2006, 9:17 PM
Why in the blue hell is there a promo cyber end dragon...

Haruka's Swimsuit
26th October 2006, 9:46 PM
Why in the blue hell is there a promo cyber end dragon...

I'm gonna wager a guess here, but Mattel probably paid KONAMI a nice chunk of change to let them put cards in their YGO toys so that they'd actually sell...

PKMN Legend Anthony
26th October 2006, 10:24 PM
I'm gonna wager a guess here, but Mattel probably paid KONAMI a nice chunk of change to let them put cards in their YGO toys so that they'd actually sell...
haha true i am thinking about buying a Cyber End Dragon toy for the card and then sell the Toy itself on ebay.

What rareity is the card? super?

ShinyManafi
26th October 2006, 10:27 PM
Parellel Rare, the whole card is in this wierd wax-like foil

PKMN Legend Anthony
26th October 2006, 10:50 PM
Parellel Rare, the whole card is in this wierd wax-like foil

hmm tht sounds nasty. so the purple frame is also shiny

ShinyManafi
26th October 2006, 11:24 PM
The whole card is holo and feels really slick

The Requiem
27th October 2006, 6:21 AM
Yeah, the closest we'd had to parallels before were the old game promo shinies. Parallels are sexy.

But reprinting cards like CEDragon in something as simple to get as a freakin toy? Normally I wouldnt care, but thats the kind of thing that makes me want to retire. Again. Theres no need to trade sealed packs when the best cards come with toys.

Theres no point in this game anymore...

Aquadon
27th October 2006, 5:57 PM
But reprinting cards like CEDragon in something as simple to get as a freakin toy? Normally I wouldnt care, but thats the kind of thing that makes me want to retire. Again. Theres no need to trade sealed packs when the best cards come with toys.

Meh, I find opening packs to be a good thrill, to see whether or not you'll a) get the card you want, and/or b) pull a holo.

It's the thrill there that keeps me going, because I'm had such little dueling action recently...

The Requiem
27th October 2006, 8:47 PM
Meh....busting packs stopped being my thing when I realized it was a waste of my money.

I work too much to blow so much change on a CHANCE of getting something, so where it would LOOK like this is a godsend, its not. See what I do is win sealed packs with my 2 teammates in locals, then we pool our packs together to get more for the trade binder, or beef our decks. When that gets nerfed by:

A. Very....VERY bad packs *koffCDIPkoff*

B. Reprint cards that break the meta *koffCEDkoff*

Then theres no point, if we have to bust packs, we wont play.

Needless to say the three of us picked up Pokemon again.

Munchy.42
6th November 2006, 6:39 PM
Wow! cool toy! And you get a good deal of rare card and toy!
I will definitley buy them if they do come out in England which they should!