View Full Version : help me build my "tsunami" deck

22nd October 2006, 6:26 AM
ok so I want to start into pokemon tcg (as I'm really quite a newbie but I have a fairly large collection of base, jungle, fossil, and rocket cards and I was thinking about building a really cool oldschool unlimited deck. so I talked to some people who used to be good back in the days before gsc came out... I was wondering if anybody would like to give me some input as to how I can ECONOMICALLY build this deck. I'm willing to spend some but would like to keep it under 20 dollars. basically I don't want to spend all my money on tcg so I can still get drunk every now and then.

basically I want an unlimited deck. with the principle being to use krabby's call for family to fill up my bench then rock out a jungle wiggly to dish out 60 damage with do the wave. hence 'tsunami' water + wave ;) get it? aren't I creative?

Jungle Jigglypuff x4
Jungle Wigglytuff x4 <------also if it would be a great idea I *may* be willing to buy wigglytuff ex but it is expensive...

Fossil Krabby x4
Fossil Kingler x2 <--------- if it would be a good investment I'm willing to buy Fr/Lg Kinglers.

Rocket Magikarp x1
Base Magikarp x1 <---- I *could* buy another rocket magikarp if neccissary instead of the base one
Base Gyarados x1
Rocket Dark Gyarados x1

rocket Challenge x4
base Bill x4
base oak x4.
base swich x? <--- for swiching pokemon without any swich cost. so I can get wiggly in. krabby is rather expensive so I may use alot :x
base gust x? <---- bother my opponents. maybe get a poke with a high retreat cost in and stall them out for a few turns...

my friend told me imposter oak's reveng + rocket sneak attack + rocket's trap was a sweet combo but I don't know how many of those I own atm... would that help my deck style by disableing my opponents so I can set up a wiggly?

water energy x20
double colorless x1 <---- I own one. but if neccissary I suppose i could buy a few more...

this is around 52 cards I'm not sure where I should get the other 8-10 depending. more in trainer? more in basic pokes?

22nd October 2006, 7:14 AM
You dont need Kingler or gyarados. Dunsparce sandstorm can fill the bench for you. It searches for 3 basics then moves to the bench.

22nd October 2006, 12:14 PM
aite I'll definitly look into buying a few dunsparce, how many would you recomend?

also fr/lg kingler looks like a solid poke. and the gyarados are some of my stronger cards atm I mean I need other pokes besides wiggly ;)

EDIT: ok I remembered exactly what pokedex's do and no I don't need any of them sorry I had a brainfart about how they actually worked lol

dark manectric
22nd October 2006, 12:40 PM
if you are looking for some strong backup pokemon i would recomend
flareon jolteon and vaporeon they are very handy in tight spots
also if you want get a nidoqueen and /or a kangaskahn to help out defeat some stronger pokemon

22nd October 2006, 8:25 PM
You need 4 Dunsparce.

Max out Oaks, but you dont need pokedex.

If you want a strong pokemon besides Wigglytuff, try Sneasel NG. It can do more damage for each poke you have on the bench.

This is what it should look like

4 Dunsparce SS
4 Sneasel NG
2 Jigglypuff
2 WIgglytuff Jungle/Wigglytuff ex (I prefer wiggly ex)

4 Computer Search
4 Item Finder
4 Bill
4 Prof. Oak
4 Erika
4 Super Energy Removal
3 Gust Of Wind
3 Impostor Oak's Revenge
2 Town Volunteers
1 Trash Exchange

4 Darkness Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy