PDA

View Full Version : Official 2nd Generation REMAKE Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Altmer
18th August 2005, 10:48 AM
THIS IS THE OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD of all things relating to making a Remake of Gold/Silver/Crystal. So stop making up your own threads and uinstead post whatever you have to say HERE.

On another note:
http://www.pokefeeds.com/news/possible.jpg
Seen this? I bet you have.

Firstly, yet again there is a GS remake scan going around. It is fake.

DO NOT MISTAKE THIS SCAN AS PLANS FOR A REAL GAME. JOE HIMSELF SAID THAT THEY ARE FAKE HERE (http://www.serebii.net/archive/May-2007.shtml).

If you see a scanned magazine page with pictures for what looks like a remake, realize that they are fake. Not real. Do not think otherwise. Don't get your hopes up.

~Psychic stealing Altmer's post

Manga_in_a_Bottle
18th August 2005, 10:53 AM
This definatly needs to be sticked.

.TraX.
18th August 2005, 12:47 PM
Personally if I ever see a remake of GSC I'll cry, because that would mean nintendo has finally raped any chance of leaving something good untouched.

MaskedManAbsolkid
18th August 2005, 1:05 PM
I doubt there's gonna be a G/S/C remake. This only started because of FR/LG, and they were so we could get old pokemon. I think there wouldn't be as much bother if it was a G/S/C remake and not a R/B/Y remake, because Kanto would still be there.

dark scyther
18th August 2005, 11:55 PM
I doubt there's gonna be a G/S/C remake. This only started because of FR/LG, and they were so we could get old pokemon. I think there wouldn't be as much bother if it was a G/S/C remake and not a R/B/Y remake, because Kanto would still be there.

GSC is almost a RBY remake

Eszett
19th August 2005, 12:04 AM
The only possibility I see for a GSC remake is when Colo, FR/LG, and Emerald are no longer being sold and they need a way for people to be able to obtain the Kanto and Johto Pokemon. That being said, though, I would love to see a GSC remake so I don't have to wait until after I beat the game just to use Johto Pokemon.

2kool4skool
19th August 2005, 12:37 AM
I denfinatly hope there isn't a remake. These are my favorite games for a reason and having remakes would ruin that.

~*Ratiosu*~
21st August 2005, 3:14 AM
In another thread I saw, I was making a sheet of all G/S/C revamps. The thread was "Do you think they should make G/S/C again" and I'm almost done the Silver revamps...*pants*. I'm at, like, Golduck or something, going backwards from Ho-oh to Bulbasaur.

OffTopic: Altmer, I bet you'll be glad to know my fave starter of all is Bulbasaur!

Gridiron
21st August 2005, 10:20 PM
This needs to be stickied, and all other threads on this topic should be closed. Also, if possible, we should change the name of the thread to "Official 2nd Generation Remake Thread", or something like that.

And if anyone's interested to see what Johto looks like in FR/LG graphics, see my thread in the fan-sprites section. (I know it's advertising, but it does go with the topic.)

celebi23
23rd August 2005, 4:43 AM
Team Nature Leader, you really do have a gift. Ever consider doing a GBA version of Colosseum/ XD ?

.TraX.
24th August 2005, 1:04 PM
GSC is almost a RBY remake

IMO no, GSC had alot of new things: moves, breeding, phone numbers, items.

But a remake of GSC would be quite bad, I like my GSC where everything in the game doesn't have earthquake.

darkgamerGS
24th August 2005, 4:12 PM
They may eventually make a remake of G/S/C... there are many old games that are becoming remakes... Super Mario Bros, Megaman, Sonic, Legend of Zelda (We even had a remake of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask... didn't see that coming), etc. so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a remake of it. However... I don't see it happening anytime soon. D/P is tradable with 3rd generation games (Or so I heard...), so odds are... no G/S remake for 4th generation. However... assuming there is gonna be one... there could be one for 5th generation. Which means a really long waiting period for remakes of R/S... only generation with Asuna (So far =O)

Toran Frostbite
24th August 2005, 4:56 PM
Sadly, I do believe I know why the chances of getting a GSC remake are nil.

Considering if one wants Johto pokémon, they would need to shell out money for quite a bit of equipment which involves transferring the critters caught in Colo to your game cartridges, involving either the GBA game adaptor or the GBA controller wire (I don't know which one; like I know how the process works to begin with) and or maybe even a GC to begin with, because not all GBA players sponsor Nintendo by owning one. Which means Nintendo makes more money by keeping the Johto pokémon contained to one system. Their more expensive one to cater to.

Question of having to buy Colo is debatable, because I'm sure it can be rented and beaten fairly quickly.

Which is depressing because I'd kill for a Gold remake.

~*Ratiosu*~
27th August 2005, 5:25 PM
YES! DONE! My Silver revamps are now in the Fan Sprites section called "GSCvamps"! HOORAY! ~*Foxrose*~ already checked em out and said they were great!

Altmer
27th August 2005, 5:55 PM
And that last post belongs in the sprite section and not the GSC forum thank you very much, because I don't see the link between sprite revamps and 2nd gen remakes.

Please, nintendo, leave GSC untouched. Don't try to milk out every good game you make. Please. We want our GSC to remain unblemished.....

I would NOT want a gold remake....

taylor
29th August 2005, 4:56 AM
I hope they do not remake it

~*Ratiosu*~
29th August 2005, 5:34 PM
Altmer, I had stated earlier that I was going to do that project, and just wanted everyone to know it was done. I'm currently working on the Silver/AquaBlue start screen...it's kinda hard, but it's fun.

Dark Venusaur
30th August 2005, 9:16 PM
we cant get what we want all the time but I will love to see a remake of it because they have the only Ghost type gym leader

WheelerTheViper
31st August 2005, 3:06 AM
I would love to see a G/S remake. Gold and Silver were the best and worst of the series at the same time. A LOT of things were ontroduced and a few things were exclusive to that game. It would be great to see those things come into at least advance graphics, if not DS.

indigestible_wad
31st August 2005, 3:53 AM
You guys need to take a look around. THere is already a thread on this. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=75501

That thread has been here for a couple months and has not been stickied. Like a sticky would help the n00bs find it anyway. lol

Altmer
31st August 2005, 1:08 PM
You guys need to take a look around. THere is already a thread on this. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=75501

That thread has been here for a couple months and has not been stickied. Like a sticky would help the n00bs find it anyway. lol

HI Indigestable_wad read the ****ing first post in the THREAD!

XyronTheFalcon
3rd September 2005, 10:05 AM
Actually,I am working as a story writer on a project my friend is working on!I concusion,There are many UNOFFICIAL GSC REMAKES!!!

Firebird306
3rd September 2005, 10:43 AM
This thread was made AFTER that other thread was made. Anyway, as I said in another thread about the same thing. Remaking them would destroy the purpose of Ho-oh and Lugia of being part-event pokemon. It would be pointless to have a remake. The reason why they remade RBY was so you could get the Kanto pokemon. They also give you some other Johto pokemon. I don't see the point of a GSC remake. Although they were awesome games.

Aipom Kong
3rd September 2005, 12:39 PM
Remake of GSC? Sounds good, but Nintendo has a point of not making it.
It's possible to catch every single Johto Pokémon in the new generation.
So I dont think it will happen.

Kyuukimon
3rd September 2005, 3:38 PM
We'd all like remakes, but it isn't going to happen.GameFreak got rid of the purpose of Johto with the Sevii Islands and extended Safari Zone.Colosseum helps with it and XD will as you can get Lugia.The only purpose I see is if they makea GSC remake with a possible way to get Celebi, and that'd only be useful in some countries.And the chance of Celebi being obtainable as a common legendary in a game is slim to none.

Anyway, Atmer_Bulbasaur (sp?) there is a double thread about this that if you post in it it wouldn't be considered bumping.You need to use the search engine instead of making duplicate topics.

Altmer
3rd September 2005, 3:48 PM
We'd all like remakes, but it isn't going to happen.GameFreak got rid of the purpose of Johto with the Sevii Islands and extended Safari Zone.Colosseum helps with it and XD will as you can get Lugia.The only purpose I see is if they makea GSC remake with a possible way to get Celebi, and that'd only be useful in some countries.And the chance of Celebi being obtainable as a common legendary in a game is slim to none.

Anyway, Atmer_Bulbasaur (sp?) there is a double thread about this that if you post in it it wouldn't be considered bumping.You need to use the search engine instead of making duplicate topics.

Actually there are more than two. I created this thread so we could have the discussion in one thred and talk about it HERE and HERE only.

Kyuukimon
3rd September 2005, 3:52 PM
Then was there a use to make this thread? You could have gotten a mod to delete all of the threads but one and have that one as the only one.Now, there is just another thread on the reakes of GSC.Other members will post in the others and then most of them will be the first few posts in GSC.

Altmer
3rd September 2005, 4:00 PM
*gives hollow laugh* Get a Mod? in this forum? You must be kidding me.

Kyuukimon
3rd September 2005, 4:33 PM
*gives hollow laugh* Get a Mod? in this forum? You must be kidding me.

How I hoped you would say that, a lot.A mod doesn't just go through one forum and mod that, they go threw ALL forums to look for SPAM and the like.You obviously don't understand the conceppt of a moderator, I mean, RaZoR LeAf is starting to come to GSC.You could've PM'ed him.I mean, you could've PM'ed any one mod and I'm sure they would come and delete the extra, uneeded threads.

Altmer
3rd September 2005, 5:24 PM
Hmm Razor leaf starting to come to this forum? Last time he posted was about three weeks ago. =/

And I do feel this subject merits discussion, so why not make one big thread. Obviously you miss the point of this thread.

Kyuukimon
3rd September 2005, 5:35 PM
I meant t3h sex0r -_-. And why make a duplicate thread for all discussion when there is already one? It doesn't matter if it's supposed to to a big one or not, still it's a duplicate thread.You could've posted in the other one and said that this should be the only one instead of making another duplicate thread.

indigestible_wad
3rd September 2005, 5:56 PM
There is no need to get your temper up. Even if you didn't intend it to be it is and that's that.

Altmer
3rd September 2005, 6:13 PM
I meant t3h sex0r -_-. And why make a duplicate thread for all discussion when there is already one? It doesn't matter if it's supposed to to a big one or not, still it's a duplicate thread.You could've posted in the other one and said that this should be the only one instead of making another duplicate thread.

I was like: "wow a mod posted" when I read that. I could have indeed posted in another thread but I needed to grab attention, see.

and sorry for getting my temper up =/

.TraX.
3rd September 2005, 6:27 PM
Worthy of note is that when Altmer made this the other thread was on the second page.

FightingBlaziken
3rd September 2005, 7:05 PM
Won't happen at all. And besides, you can get 2nd Generation Pokemon in Emerald, FireRed/LeafGreen, and Colosseum. So what's the point of making a remake of G/S/C?

indigestible_wad
3rd September 2005, 7:16 PM
WHen he made it the other thread was on the first page, I remember looking.

I needed to grab attention, see.
Congatulations, you just proved that you will not become a mod.

And it's okay that you got angry, everybody does sometimes.

Altmer
3rd September 2005, 9:29 PM
WHen he made it the other thread was on the first page, I remember looking.

Congatulations, you just proved that you will not become a mod.

And it's okay that you got angry, everybody does sometimes.

I wasn't running for mod in the first place, I was honestly surprised to be named at all. =O

And you need to grab the people's attention with stickies sometimes. If you don't shout out to the public: COME HERE, they don't come. So unless you say: this is is the place, you discuss stuff HERE, it won't work. That was the point of this thread.

Apparently you just don't see through my intentions. I don't blame you, it so happens often that I make decisions which make sense and seem logical to me, but not to others. Glad we cleared that up.

indigestible_wad
3rd September 2005, 10:20 PM
If you knew that, then you know that most newbs and such never read stickies, they just go straight to their problem. I know what you mean, though, and it would be much more logicalto just sticky the onld thread, rather than make a new one and try to say it's better.

Altmer
3rd September 2005, 10:33 PM
I'd have stickied one thread, but what's the difference between making a new thread and a better thread or stickying another? both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I chose this option, all right?

Kyuukimon
3rd September 2005, 11:09 PM
The difference between them is if you make another thread, you're clogging up the forum and if you're stickying a thread, you're making it easy to find and not clogging up the forum.

So you chose this option, your point?

.TraX.
4th September 2005, 8:26 AM
The difference between them is if you make another thread, you're clogging up the forum and if you're stickying a thread, you're making it easy to find and not clogging up the forum.

So you chose this option, your point?

Read my post again, it clearly states why this thread was valid.

Kyuukimon
4th September 2005, 4:43 PM
Read my post again, it clearly states why this thread was valid.

lmao.You don't just read the first page, you need to read all of them (excluding older ones).Now try to get out of that.

Altmer
4th September 2005, 8:57 PM
lmao.You don't just read the first page, you need to read all of them (excluding older ones).Now try to get out of that.

dudes, get over it, ok? it's bad enough making this thread a whole flamewar and posting about how I messed up this thread, now if any of you thinks this thread should be closed, get a mod to close it. If any of you thinks this thread is valid (and the people whom I am referring to will know what I mean), well continue posting.

empires228
10th September 2005, 3:46 PM
If you want a remake so bad go to http://www.pokemon.com/flash.asp and go to mailbag and click on Email us here (I all ready have.) If enouf people email them it might help persuade them to make remakes of these games.

Rui Gomes
10th September 2005, 3:50 PM
I don't think we need remakes of G/S/C. They're VERY good the way they are. I'd hate to see such good games being ruined. Let's just wait for the 4 Gen.

shadowlink
11th September 2005, 4:04 AM
A remake will erase the loved duplication function...

Now girls, don't get fussy. Your spam infestation is what the Militia is trying to prevent. STOP THE F***ING SPAM, N00BS!!! *breathes fire* If you think you're not spamming, ask me for proof.

Slypher
13th September 2005, 5:31 AM
If there is even going to be a 2nd Gen remake, it'll come out in the next generation. We do not need another remake for this gen.

Iveechan
13th September 2005, 9:33 AM
For awhile I wanted a remake, but after playing Crystal for awhile, I enjoy not having to worry about natures and ev's and crap. So I guess the games are better off left in their original state (though I still want a game where Houndour is caught before the elite 4, dammit).

shadowlink
13th September 2005, 9:45 PM
^ Yeah, that's true. With a bad nature, an awesome poke can be ruined, i.e. the dogs or Latis.

Dragonking
13th September 2005, 11:28 PM
If they do a remake of 2nd gen then whynot make a kanto, johto, hoenn game like that of G/S/C then after kanto badges a boat takes you to hoenn to get the badges there. But i would reopen the safari zone in kanto and have all the legendaries in the three gen. and a better explaination of what happened at cinnabar island, and when it became a volcano.

Altmer
13th September 2005, 11:31 PM
In other words, a game with twenty-four badges. I wanted that too, but ir's hell to make a pokemon game with eight badges, let alone 24. It's not gunna happen.

Dragonking
13th September 2005, 11:33 PM
PC or online gaming, if nintendo would get off their ***. Could that be possible.

shadowlink
14th September 2005, 12:29 AM
^ You guys are...lazy. You don't think. GSC - last gym: L50/60's. Obviously, the last gym in your idea would be like L100's, and they'd have to be fully evolved, truly worthy pokes. Like Machamp, SkarmBliss, Dragonite, etc. Otherwise, the gyms won't rise in difficulty evenly. And 2 E4s? Holy crap.

Dragonking
14th September 2005, 12:38 AM
one would be called the E4 in Kanto and the pokemon league in hoenn where kanto has the HQ while hoenn is a small regional area. If it makes any difference i would start in hoenn then to johto, then kanto.

shadowlink
14th September 2005, 12:56 AM
Huh? So are you saying the E4 should be the Kanto one, and located in Hoenn?

Dragonking
14th September 2005, 1:02 AM
oh okay, the pokemon league like the top tier of trainers should be in kanto consisting of the elite 4 trainers. Hoenn should have the regions best 4 and champion.

shadowlink
14th September 2005, 1:10 AM
So....2 E4s

Dragonking
14th September 2005, 1:15 AM
yeah why not I just hope you under stand that there are two already. so combining games wouldn't change anything, it would just mean the kanto league would need higher level pokemon than the hoenn league.

dark scyther
14th September 2005, 1:30 AM
Are people talking about a hoenn remake?(hoenn is a remake so...?)
The 4th gen shouldnt completely ignore the old pokemon like hoenn did(They dont have any rbygsc pokemon do they?)

Also,if you think revamping graphics is remaking a game you are wrong a game is so much more then full colored pokemon.

and about the best new game:

RBY>GSC(the new universe)

GSC>RSE(trash,they didnt make nothing that affect the battles only the status)

new001
16th September 2005, 6:10 AM
I think a recreation would be nice, but it will never happen

Rabid_Latias
17th September 2005, 7:07 AM
I know its late for me to jump in and give my two-cents, but to bad, Im doing it anyway. XD.

I belive that they should re-create the 2nd gen shortly after the release of he 4th gen, or very soon.

GSC where, in my opinion, the best games in the series, tied of course with Emerald Version. The DS would prove them well, or if they released them soon they would be good. The problem is this would be a fan-boy only game, as all the other Pokemon have already been released (although I'm not sure if Mews event is avaiable to the Public yet).

I belive that if they dont, they should atleast have the Johto region available in the Diamond and Pearl Versions.

empires228
23rd October 2005, 5:54 PM
I know its late for me to jump in and give my two-cents, but to bad, Im doing it anyway. XD.

I belive that they should re-create the 2nd gen shortly after the release of he 4th gen, or very soon.

GSC where, in my opinion, the best games in the series, tied of course with Emerald Version. The DS would prove them well, or if they released them soon they would be good. The problem is this would be a fan-boy only game, as all the other Pokemon have already been released (Except for Celebi, which can happen in a 3rd gen glitch, despite what Serebi says).

I belive that if they dont, they should atleast have the Johto region available in the Diamond and Pearl Versions.

I agree with you.

Mudkip3
23rd October 2005, 6:14 PM
My idea is that they make the remake of GSC 3 some years after they did FR/LG (like they did with RBY to GSC). I would love to go back to Johto and play there again. And maybe they could make Celebi catchable... just my opinion.

Champ_Gary_Oak
14th January 2006, 4:38 PM
everone who thinks a g/s/c remake would suck i dissagree. cause this would be a chance to have a great gba or ds pokemon game

Kabuto
14th January 2006, 6:26 PM
Its doubtful:

A. There must be a million ways to get the Johto pokemon with Colosseum/FR/LG/Emerald

B. Ho-oh and Lugia are obtainable with Navel Rock or Coloss/XD

C. Another remake after FR LG?

I'd love a remake though. I already have 2 sets of Ho-oh and Lugia, all the legendary beasts, and most of the Johto pokemon. But I would love to play the game again without the crappy sprites, graphics, and box system. Also you get a free shiny Red Gyarados ^__^. And a possible free Celebi which this world desperately needs.

intergalactic platypus
14th January 2006, 7:14 PM
I would only wanna see a fan remake. Why? Cause the fans wouldn't screw the game over. They could just improve the graphics, which is all we really need. Nintendo would make it the 3rd/4th gen with nothing similar but the storyline and reigon. I prefer the original G/S/C, just with prettified pictures

Nomytaker
14th January 2006, 8:33 PM
I agree with I_P. We only need prettified pictures.

Shiny Heracross
15th January 2006, 5:52 AM
I think they should just include Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn as end-of-game bonuses for Diamond and Pearl. I personally saw no reason in remaking Red and Blue on GBA, when they should have just included the rest of the Kanto and Johto Pokemon in R/S/E. I thought it was stupid how they just took some Kanto and Johto Pokemon and revinvented the number system. It seem to have screwed everything up in some ways.

intergalactic platypus
15th January 2006, 6:14 PM
I'm pretty sure some member here is doing a fan revamp of the game, and I would love to see how it turns out. If its just a prettified version of the original I'll download it and spend the rest of the week being an antisocial loser playing a pokemon fangame [/pathetic]

DarkGirl
15th January 2006, 6:30 PM
I'd love there to be a remake of Crystal, as it was my favourite Pokemon Game. They should do it, they made FireRed and LeafGreen, but saying that, Johto was never as popular as Kanto, but I liked Johto...

blackice2
17th January 2006, 12:20 AM
Well, I`m kinda undecided on this topic...
*I would definatly like a G/S/C remake.
*G/S/C was the best out of the first three gens.
*It`s a good challenge (that`s good).
*Graphics!!! They would be better.
*Tha`d be sweet to trade to Hoenn from Johto.

Cons:
*It would be too easy like FR/LG was (better moves).
*They would probobly put something like the Sevii Islands in it because they would remove Kanto due to FR/LG.
*I kind of enjoy the G/S/C graphics.
*National Dex ugh.
*Less puzzle and more tossing trainers aside and laughing in the Elite 4`s faces.

So, it would be good and bad. But it would be worth it

Gridiron
17th January 2006, 3:02 AM
I would only wanna see a fan remake. Why? Cause the fans wouldn't screw the game over.
Nooooooooo......
-Fan games (remakes in this case) are usually worse in my opinion (no offense). People just can't help themselves from putting in extra things that have nothing to do with the original.

*National Dex ugh
Exactly.

Pokefan64
11th February 2006, 11:31 AM
I think I've found a Fan Remake - it's called Call of Latios (http://www.gamingw.net/articles/617).

On that page I also found some pics (I can't get them any clearer):
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:5iuCD50hFJrunM:www.whahay.net/pubaccess/pc.png
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:5iuCD50hFJrunM:www.whahay.net/pubaccess/pc.png

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:eiQLIHRe-cL_mM:www.whahay.net/pubaccess/battle20.PNG
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:eiQLIHRe-cL_mM:www.whahay.net/pubaccess/battle20.PNG

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:3U1eL6boMx0VlM:www.whahay.net/pubaccess/screen111.PNG
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:3U1eL6boMx0VlM:www.whahay.net/pubaccess/screen111.PNG

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:jfWHTK7-CsatgM:www.whahay.net/pubaccess/icecave.png
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:jfWHTK7-CsatgM:www.whahay.net/pubaccess/icecave.png

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:l0eFs_-B6DIGRM:www.whahay.net/pubaccess/snow0.png
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:l0eFs_-B6DIGRM:www.whahay.net/pubaccess/snow0.png
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:XOWs2w6WNujLQM:www.whahay.net/pubaccess/screen215.PNG
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:XOWs2w6WNujLQM:www.whahay.net/pubaccess/screen215.PNG

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:ySHEqBv2B9ESrM:www.whahay.net/pubaccess/storm0.png
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:ySHEqBv2B9ESrM:www.whahay.net/pubaccess/storm0.png

To me, most of them look like from G/S/C but with better graphics. When battling, you have the place you are battling in as a kind of border. Click here (http://www.gamingw.net/articles/617) for more info.

It looks pretty good.

Sorry if someone's already seen this.

~Pokefan64;245;

liquinn
11th February 2006, 11:36 AM
nice, but pic's are easy to make. Via a ruby rom and make it like gold and silver etc. They wont make a re make proberly beacause:
- They dont have the time
- No point

Plus in my view, crystal is better than any of the GBA games they've made.

James

Gridiron
12th February 2006, 7:09 AM
Only the second to last picture is a Johto town. Ecruteak, near the Burnt Tower to be more specific.

There's tons of Johto remakes out there, obviously fan made.

muckers
12th February 2006, 1:01 PM
Oooh, no. I wouldn't be happy with remakes at all. As many have said, G/S/C are classics for a reason - doing up the graphics would make the titles shed a lot of their original charm.

As much as nicer graphics would be great, I prefer these titles the way they are. ^_^

Daniel_Rosario
16th February 2006, 5:50 PM
I'm remaking GSC Pokemon Games but need sprite makers to continue my project, this is the URL for download my current progress: http://www.pkpidgeot.com/golden/index.php?page=download

Note: its a PC Game not a ROM

muckers
16th February 2006, 7:19 PM
Wow, that looks really good!

Are you going to work on an English language version?

sam_h12
16th February 2006, 8:34 PM
people are complaining that it shouldnt be changed because they're "classics" but they're just not playable i dunno what it is but i hate playing them now.GRR. remakes are a must! the best games, best starters, best gyms, best pokemon. oh and probably best region. and best coolness(day/night, pokegear - phone etc)

Gridiron
16th February 2006, 9:16 PM
Same here. I always want to go and replay them, but when I turn the game on, I just get disappointed by the oldness.

muckers
16th February 2006, 9:20 PM
The oldness makes it great. You're just heartless!

:lol:

Gridiron
16th February 2006, 11:38 PM
Unless you've played them alot. Then you want the greatness to be new.

sam_h12
17th February 2006, 8:31 PM
by the way, that Call Of Latios...the guy who's been making that hasn't posted anything since August last year. any fans know what is going on? theres a website for that game (it is AMAZING!!!) www.spheredev.net/~boodasack or something. type in boodasack or call of latios on google or something. youll find it there.

so does anyone know when it is coming out?! help! we must play this game!

Gridiron
19th February 2006, 4:55 AM
Having all the Pokemon obtainalbe isn't just what a game is about. (I just read the whole thread). If it was, we'd just sit there in one patch of grass. So stop saying "but we have all the Pokemon obtainable"! Also, we had all the Pokemon obtainable when they made the 3rd games to the sets (Yellow to R/B, Crystal to G/S, Emerald to R/S), so the "obtainable" thing, is like saying those games should have never, and should never, be/en made.

Think of all the things they could add to Johto and to make it better in remakes.

Starrbuck06
28th February 2006, 12:25 AM
As somebody new to Pokemon games i've never played G/S/C. The day i bought my DS the day i bought my first Pokemon game which was Fire Red. It looks bright and colourful on the DS, when playing it on the GBA i can't handle playing it, the colours aren't as rich and the screen is not as bright. So you can imagine what it's like looking at screenshots of the old RBY and GSC. It's not just about making GSC because they remade RBY, I've never played in the Johto region and Johto Pokemon are my favourite. A remake could add so much more to the game with much better graphics, You still have your original GSC if you don't want a remake but if they did it would be great for the people who have never played those games. Certain references in Fire Red like that man on One Island saying about visiting Goldenrod one day and rage candy bars and stuff got me curious about the Johto region and GSC.

Clockworkz
28th February 2006, 1:20 AM
My friend is doing this. He disassembled the FrLg data, and rebuilt the engine upon the old GSC, making it a direct port, as well as other features, like the islands and bonus trainers, as well as a match call and whatnot. It's still a work in progress, but it will be released on flash carts. Once I get my copy, I'll let you all know how it turns out.

TheMusicMan
1st March 2006, 3:52 PM
Cool, sounds interesting.

Rowe
7th March 2006, 12:05 AM
It made me kind of hopeful when in FR/LG Team Rocket said they would return by the power of the executives...Its not as much that I want a redone GSC as I want to see Gold/Silver/Crys and their home of Johto again. ;154; ;160; ;157;

pikachu_rocks19
19th March 2006, 7:12 AM
On a freeweb pokemon website (forgot link) they said Nintendo was gonna make a remake of gold and silver called GoldSun SilverOcean for the nintendo ds i know that its not true but im just asking. If it is true i like the idea

demonman
19th March 2006, 9:22 AM
id kill to see how cool the rival looks with improved graphics

Vaporeon
19th March 2006, 10:09 AM
If they were to happen, I'd like them to be already finished as we speak. I don't want to wait more for Diamond & Pearl!

Serebii93
19th March 2006, 10:00 PM
I want the Nintendo Co. to remake the 2nd generation. FR/LG are great! And they are remakes! If the remakes are done, I'll be one of the first to buy 'em!

Bonsly is pimp
23rd March 2006, 11:46 PM
I hope the do remakes of G/S/C
I wish they would leave Kanto out n put Orange Islands in
dont get me wrong i liked Kanto bein in G/S/C but it watered down both regions Orange islands would be smaller and i would like to be able to go there in a game

Vex Lenin
24th March 2006, 2:55 AM
I would love to have a remake but thers such a little chance that this is going to happen. Instead im really praying for Johto to be in Diamond and pearl. I think thats the closest we'll ever get to johto. But the people who make the pokemon games now have been really lazy with them. So the chances of seeing it there are slim to none as well. But I think we'll ahve a better chance seeing Johto there then in a remake.

I miss my Gold i wish I had a way of playing G/s/c again.

Gridiron
24th March 2006, 6:45 AM
If they remade it with Ranger/Dungeon graphics, I'd hate it. What would you think?

IrkenAdolescent
24th March 2006, 5:53 PM
If they didn't unclude Johto in Fr/Lg, it an't gonna happen. Don't get me wrong, though. I'd love to venture into a better-looking Johto. I geuss the Sevii Islands were Fr/Lg's Johto in a way.

Gridiron
24th March 2006, 9:34 PM
I geuss the Sevii Islands were Fr/Lg's Johto in a way.
Yeah, it would have been better if they just put Johto Pokemon in the Sevii Islands though.

It'd be a good idea if they kept 3rd generation Pokemon out of a remake. It's just way too much to catch all of them.

The Organizer
30th April 2006, 9:06 PM
I would not want a remake to the 2ed gen pokemon games, they arnt old enough for a remake IMO.

Tiffany
30th April 2006, 9:32 PM
I would want a remake only because G/S/C are my favorite games. And also this whole business with the internal batteries going "poof" (which I am hearing alot of happening these days), it'd be nice to get a remake of the game. Nothing beats the GBC versions though.

AJ Flibble
30th April 2006, 9:59 PM
I would want a remake only because G/S/C are my favorite games. And also this whole business with the internal batteries going "poof" (which I am hearing alot of happening these days), it'd be nice to get a remake of the game. Nothing beats the GBC versions though.

Same, and I'd want to get Hoenn Pokemon in both regions and more of the Johto Pokemon such as Houndour and Murkrow in Johto before the E4 too. There'd also be all the new stuff as well.

Kana
30th April 2006, 11:33 PM
I would want remakes for better graphics and added stuff like they did for FR/LG. G/S/C is my first and favorite series though.

Trooper Guy
2nd May 2006, 11:05 PM
I would like a remake as i play Crystal ALOT, nearly more than LG, and just with Johto pokemon. And with better graphics (of course) and a new, small area for Kanto pokemon only (hope that wasted Kanto wouldn't be in there) and all kanto references taken out eg. Slowpoke Well, this is JOHTO, NOT KANTO PART 2!!! I would like a GBA remake, as more people can buy it, not everyone has a DS, myself included... ;_;

EDIT:
This really needs to be stickied.

Charmanderz
3rd May 2006, 1:02 AM
I would like to have Johto remade, becasue it was cool. It was my first Pokemon game. I don't know about the Pokemon in them...But a new G/S/C would be cool.

Neko Godot
4th May 2006, 8:37 PM
I would like it if they got rid of Kanto and made Johto even bigger.. I always thought the Johto quest was too short.

FreedomX10A
7th May 2006, 12:42 PM
i would like a GSC remake because GSC is awesome, i would like some of their pokemon man

DIZZI
9th May 2006, 2:46 PM
gold was my first game of the new millenium so i think a remake would be all right, i mean who woundnt like a gold version with FR/LG quality?

Omega Pirate
9th May 2006, 2:48 PM
Maybe in a couple of years. 5, off the top of my head, when it's hard to get a GBC.

Alphonse Elric
9th May 2006, 2:50 PM
gold was my first game of the new millenium so i think a remake would be all right, i mean who woundnt like a gold version with FR/LG quality?
I think a better question should be:

"Who wouldn't want G/S/C with Pokemon Ranger Quality?"

But, if Nintendo made a remake of G/S/C, then they have raped the chances of leaving a good, nostalgic game behind.

DarkTyphlosion
12th May 2006, 5:38 AM
The only possibility I see for a GSC remake is when Colo, FR/LG, and Emerald are no longer being sold and they need a way for people to be able to obtain the Kanto and Johto Pokemon. That being said, though, I would love to see a GSC remake so I don't have to wait until after I beat the game just to use Johto Pokemon.

Yeah, I agree wth u.

the GSC games are debated as being some of the best of all time, because u can travel to Kanto as well as Johto. A remake would do nada more than improve the graphics and maybe even include the running shoes...what's to hate?

MacX
12th May 2006, 6:16 AM
Two Words: Shiny Gyrados

Blastoise King
12th May 2006, 7:16 AM
id love a remake of g/s (not c) but only if they took out the kanto area, made johto bigger, and put it on the gba, i really dont want it after d/p to be honest. the DS should be for new things. i actually believe that they shouldve just remade g/s before d/p that way every game is in the advanced gen and they can move on. and imo a g/s remake for johto pokes wouldve made more money then putting them on GC games because not everyone can or wants to buy a GC they are encouraging hacking for pokemon and thats losing them business.

Trooper Guy
13th May 2006, 11:22 PM
id love a remake of g/s (not c) but only if they took out the kanto area, made johto bigger, and put it on the gba, i really dont want it after d/p to be honest. the DS should be for new things. i actually believe that they shouldve just remade g/s before d/p that way every game is in the advanced gen and they can move on. and imo a g/s remake for johto pokes wouldve made more money then putting them on GC games because not everyone can or wants to buy a GC they are encouraging hacking for pokemon and thats losing them business.
That's all true, God, that Kanto area is wasted. But to be honest, all they'd have to do is

nada more than improve the graphics and maybe even include the running shoes...what's to hate?
And be able to trade hoenn pokes there...but that goes without saying, don't it? lol.
Really, those three simple things (bolded) and i'll be happy with it, i'll be set. If they took out the kanto area, add Johto league and johto victory road, ftw.
And mabey some new johto exclusive pokemon and stronger trainers and wild pokes?

Weebos, Purveyor of Great Fun
13th May 2006, 11:41 PM
I would absolutely love a straight up remake of GSC, don't take out kanto, don't add in Hoenn pokemon, just GSC in its eternal glory. With trading capability to get the other pokemon of course.

Trooper Guy
13th May 2006, 11:51 PM
And another thing is to keep Deoxys in the form from the game it's traded from. Minoir things like that could make quite alot of people happy...:386-s:

[Kingdra]
16th May 2006, 7:20 AM
I want a GSC remake I WOULD lOVE IT!!

shauntheiceman
16th May 2006, 12:27 PM
i have an idea why dont we get a petition gonig then when we have enough people we can all send ninty an email on the same day asking for a remake of it that might convince them to do it. if a few people like this idea i might try and get it up and running

~Bent~
16th May 2006, 3:39 PM
Why bother Nintendo? Project Platinum's already going, and they'll probably do a better job than Game Freak will ever do.

shauntheiceman
16th May 2006, 5:10 PM
it was just a thought sorry if you didnt like pal

Gridiron
30th May 2006, 4:19 AM
Would it be possible to put both the original G/S/C and a new G/S/C with GBA graphics into one DS cartridge?

SiLeNtDuDe
31st May 2006, 5:57 AM
i'd like to have a remake of G/S/C since the Johto Region is the only region not included in the 3rd generation. but i highly doubt this since all the johto pokemon are obtainable so there is no need for a G/S/C remake. But ill keep my hopes up.

emeraldellie
31st May 2006, 6:00 AM
But, there was also no need for XD, it just made Pokemon and items more easily obtainable and added special moves. If they did that for a remake, and maybe kept and added more weekly events and other fun things, it could happen.

muckers
31st May 2006, 12:03 PM
Aye, Game Freak care about money. A remake of G/S (probably not Crystal) would equal money.

They're not bothered about whether all the Pokemon are already obtainable - as Chaos Emerald said, there was no need for Pokemon XD in that respect (obtaining more previously unobtainable Pokemon) but Nintendo and Game Freak released it anyway.

Why? Cos it got them more money.

Aquarelle
3rd June 2006, 4:09 AM
I'd personally love to see a remake of G/S/C. Yeah sure, you can already get all the pokemon, but the pokedex isn't everything.

Johto's always seemed to be the "neglected" region of the series since it was in only three games and got cut short due to squeezing in Kanto, too. I'd love to see what all the towns look like drawn with the third/fourth generation graphics, and what battle scenes would look like, too.

Maybe in a future generation, there'll be a situation like with LG/FR where lots of old pokemon will be unobtainable with a cheating device, so they'll make remakes of these games then.

Kitsune
3rd June 2006, 5:42 AM
I want to see a remake of G/S/C, But I want it for my own personal reasons: spriting. I know it's lazy not wanting to sprite your own Johto, but this would make up so much time...

Jeshi-kun
6th June 2006, 12:21 AM
I wan't a johto remake! it had the day/night system and johto was my fav area! plus my eyes hurt when play crystl, I would love some better graphics on it.

johto deserves to at least get a(if not a remake) then another game taking place in johto!

Super Wario 64
6th June 2006, 4:44 AM
Gameguy's Platinum is a great GSC Remake? Hell no! Has the use of Coronis' Manga sprites and some PKMN Adventures/PokeSpecial Manga references in Platinum.
And I bet Bill has that Texan Accent in his lines like in the mangas, pards. I think that Coronis' Manga sprites are cool, but seeing them and Manga References in "Platinum" is too much......

Gridiron
6th June 2006, 6:25 AM
Would it be possible to put both the original G/S/C and a new G/S/C with GBA graphics into one DS cartridge?
Since no one answered yet. I'm asking because the people who have had their internal batteries die or whatever could have the original games. And the people who want a remake can have it.

Trooper Guy
6th June 2006, 8:29 PM
Since no one answered yet. I'm asking because the people who have had their internal batteries die or whatever could have the original games. And the people who want a remake can have it.
They should of done that with the R/B/G remakes, imo, just add ability to run. To answer the question, it should be possible, but definatly if they don't add Kanto in the remake (BIG win).

poke_girl
6th June 2006, 9:53 PM
[imghttp://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7218/t05117nr.jpg
Could this be..?

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7218/t05117nr.jpg

Edit: It's fan art xD
My Bad, Sorry.

emeraldellie
6th June 2006, 11:24 PM
Only problem would be, how would you get it to trade with your old RBY?

Personally, if we can't get a remake, I'm hoping that these games will be downloadable using Wii. The only problem is that they can't connect, however, I'm sure Nintendo would think of that and do something.

Charmander1428
7th June 2006, 1:37 AM
Er...What is Pokemon Colo? Is it some sort of program that lets you transfer pokemon from gold/silver/crystal generation to the ruby/sapphire/emerald ones?

emeraldellie
7th June 2006, 2:19 AM
Pokemon Collosseum. It's an RPG game for Gamecube where you catch Shadow Pokemon and have to purify them before you can use them correctly, yada, yada, yada. More information is on the main site.

Liam-Kun
7th June 2006, 8:09 PM
I'd love 3rd and 4th gen. pokemon in johto ^^

Trooper Guy
7th June 2006, 8:14 PM
Pokemon Collosseum. It's an RPG game for Gamecube where you catch Shadow Pokemon and have to purify them before you can use them correctly, yada, yada, yada. More information is on the main site.
You do know the main site dosn't work right?

What could a GSC remake offer that the other games can't, that's the real question here.

They tried to remake R/G/B/Y using G/S/C. If there's a remake, there must NOT be a Kanto. Why? Because:
1. It'd be a waste of space. Fr/Lg, ftw.
2. It'd only rape Johto and it's pokemon again.
3. The Kanto pkmn in this remake should be recolured, (i'm not talking about shinys) into a unigue colour sceme only available for this game.

coolcobra77
7th June 2006, 11:37 PM
I Really want to see a Re-Make becuase In my opinion they are best ever

1. G/S/C (- All the Way up here
2 Fr/LF
3. R/B/Y
4. R/S/ E
5. Pokemon Stadium 2
6. Pokemon TCG - The Game
7. Pokemon Stadium 1
8. Pokemon Snap
9. Pokemon Pinball Ruby + Sapphire
10. Pokemon XD- Gale Of DARKNESS

And I want to STICK IT to all of them again like Falker, and Dragon-Lady (srry I forgot her name)
And the Steel Gym is always FUN too

Headshot-Jackal465
7th June 2006, 11:47 PM
They shoulkd remake Ruby/Sapphire!
Yes, I AM a jerk...

Yeah, G/S were the best games to date--the apex of pokemon--dom...If they were to remake any other games, these would be prime...they should really expand on it though...like what they did for FR/LG, but x1000.

I think, though, Don't remake that one till the 6th generation...I want a few more new games under my belt before we return to basics...

And they should call it...SteelSilver and PimpGold after the FireRed/LeafGreen trend...

Aptenodytes
8th June 2006, 1:37 AM
Well I'm not sure about a remake, but I'd love to see the old gym leaders and elite four members from GSC again. I'm not saying that they should remake it, but just add them to some other game so that Johto wouldn't be completely shafted.

Super Wario 64
8th June 2006, 5:08 AM
You do know the main site dosn't work right?

What could a GSC remake offer that the other games can't, that's the real question here.

They tried to remake R/G/B/Y using G/S/C. If there's a remake, there must NOT be a Kanto. Why? Because:
1. It'd be a waste of space. Fr/Lg, ftw.
2. It'd only rape Johto and it's pokemon again.
3. The Kanto pkmn in this remake should be recolured, (i'm not talking about shinys) into a unigue colour sceme only available for this game.
Why'd ya want Kanto out for? Without Kanto, they'd be no Koga in teh L33T 5....or lance.....or Bruno....

Roxas45
8th June 2006, 6:26 AM
wtf found this image: lolz i think its fake total fake click here:
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2715/wtf13lh.png

muckers
8th June 2006, 10:10 AM
Not fake, technically, but it's a fan hack of FireRed/LeafGreen.

[AceAussie]
8th June 2006, 2:11 PM
i think there should be one because they are great games and need a remake

Champion Jared 14
9th June 2006, 4:04 AM
I would like G/S/C remake, and if they were gonna make a game after D/P, they could give us remakes of them for us to hold onto to wait for even newer games. Kinda like how they gave u FR/LG as we prepared for Emerald later on. I think they should do that again.

Hound00m
9th June 2006, 4:31 AM
I would love remakes of those considering Crystal and Gold are my favorite pokemon games out of the 3 generations.

if there was one I'd like to be able to catch Houndour early in the game :(
It sucks having to get him in celadon city after the E4.

CardShark
9th June 2006, 5:00 AM
If only there was... I miss those starters and the rival being a criminal.

Trooper Guy
9th June 2006, 8:40 PM
Why'd ya want Kanto out for? Without Kanto, they'd be no Koga in teh L33T 5....or lance.....or Bruno....
Umm, not to come off as rude sounding, but so what? Seriously, f*ck Koga and those other people. If people want them that badly, play Fr/Lg or G/S/C.
I answered your question with my post you quoted. Wouldn't you like some new, unique Johto elite four and champ in there in a new location and new Victory Road EXCLUSIVE TO JOHTO, mabey a few remade pokemon for Johto thrown in (sprites of old rechanged, recoloured and refixed to be new Johto pokemon*, i think it would it take too long to program new ones wouldn't it?), or the same people who are already in a remake taking up memory? First one wins, because it's more logical.

F*ck G/S/C Kanto, it was their sad attempt at a GBC remake of R/G/B/Y. They tried it, but instead ended f*cking up both regions and Johto very unfairly having only 100 pokemon
(those glitch pkmn and G/S/C Missingno. DO NOT COUNT. Like they'll put them in. I'm saying this part to anyone who says G/S/C Missingno and those #252 to #255 dudes are johto pokemon).

*Example, that scraped seal pokemon idea (check Beta pokemon in Wikipedia) could be a reshaped, recoloured, and remade sprite of Seel or Dewgong.

I hope i answered your question. :)

Kreis
9th June 2006, 8:43 PM
misingo is a kanto pokemon

Trooper Guy
9th June 2006, 8:46 PM
misingo is a kanto pokemon
I know it is, but i'm saying it for people who think G/S/C Missingno. is a johto pokemon just because it looks different.

Kreis
9th June 2006, 8:50 PM
crazy people.....if it appeared in blue and red version before g/c/s even out that means it a kanto pokemon!!!

SneaselDude777
11th June 2006, 2:21 AM
i hope so. iwant to see a titanium silver, acro gold and aurora crystal
that will make me very happy

Gridiron
12th June 2006, 6:26 AM
Umm, not to come off as rude sounding, but so what? Seriously, f*ck Koga and those other people. If people want them that badly, play Fr/Lg or G/S/C.
I answered your question with my post you quoted. Wouldn't you like some new, unique Johto elite four and champ in there in a new location and new Victory Road EXCLUSIVE TO JOHTO, mabey a few remade pokemon for Johto thrown in (sprites of old rechanged, recoloured and refixed to be new Johto pokemon*, i think it would it take too long to program new ones wouldn't it?), or the same people who are already in a remake taking up memory? First one wins, because it's more logical.

F*ck G/S/C Kanto, it was their sad attempt at a GBC remake of R/G/B/Y. They tried it, but instead ended f*cking up both regions and Johto very unfairly having only 100 pokemon
(those glitch pkmn and G/S/C Missingno. DO NOT COUNT. Like they'll put them in. I'm saying this part to anyone who says G/S/C Missingno and those #252 to #255 dudes are johto pokemon).

*Example, that scraped seal pokemon idea (check Beta pokemon in Wikipedia) could be a reshaped, recoloured, and remade sprite of Seel or Dewgong.

I hope i answered your question. :)
YES. Kanto definately ruined Johto, and they focused way too much on Kanto. We got only 3 new Elite 4 members, and the Johto Gym Leaders barely had any 2nd generation Pokemon. I would like it if they completely took out the 1st generation Pokemon in a remake. Although that would create problems, I'd still want it.

GeorgeCollins
12th June 2006, 7:18 AM
YES. Kanto definately ruined Johto, and they focused way too much on Kanto. We got only 3 new Elite 4 members, and the Johto Gym Leaders barely had any 2nd generation Pokemon. I would like it if they completely took out the 1st generation Pokemon in a remake. Although that would create problems, I'd still want it.

What does Kanto have to do with what happends in Johto? Plus, they might have used the original Pokémon, but they did use new moves when they did. Zypher Badge guy (forgot his name)- Mud Slap, Bugsy- Fury Cutter, Fighting Guy- Dynamic Punch. Seriously, stop complaining, it wasn't a bad game. What's the point of re-making a game and taking out Pokémon that were in the games to begin with? I personally think they should make a new game with ONLY the first 150. But then again, I don't think very many people would agree with me.

Trooper Guy
12th June 2006, 1:51 PM
I would like that as well. Kanto have their own region, a successful one at that, so why must they destroy Johto's creatures and region as well? I agree with the rest of your post, i was pretty dissapointed that G/S/C had barely 2nd generation pokemon used at all. I thought, 'is this a Kanto region, part.2 or something?' Then i found some different looking pkmn (Beta ones) and i thought 'they could of at least used that seal or turtle...'

We should get people together and make a 'Johto region pt.2 thread' which could contain pictures of which beta ones and new ones made from reshaped, recoloured, etc sprites could be in a remake (New creatures may take too long to program).

Judai Yuki
17th June 2006, 7:30 AM
I know it is, but i'm saying it for people and noobs who think G/S/C Missingno. is a johto pokemon just because it looks different.
Missingno. isn't a pokemon.

4 8 15 16 23 42
17th June 2006, 11:34 AM
I wish they would make a remake, on GBA not DS, then i could get at least one shiny GBA pokemon. (Gyarados)
If they do they should add more into it like they added the Sevii Islands in FR/LG. Thre has been Johto gym leaders in GBA games, in Ruby and Sapphire, in contests you could sometimes see Whitney (Goldenrod gym leader) in the audiance.

Trooper Guy
19th June 2006, 4:34 PM
Missingno. isn't a pokemon.
It battles, it levels up, it evolves, learns TMs/HMs, takes items, can be traded, can be put in the PC and it takes on new moves, therefore i'm convinced it is a pokemon, like many other people believe.
Try to trade it to G/S/C and see it's sprite and tell me it's not a pokemon.

muckers
19th June 2006, 7:55 PM
I once traded a Missingno. to my Silver and it was a Smeargle named ??? - didn't come up in my 'dex, though since it was only a Smeargle in sprite. It's number was 000 as with Missingno. in R/B/Y.

Is it always Smeargle or does it change from version to version/game to game?

Trooper Guy
19th June 2006, 10:22 PM
Not always, as i traded a Ghost, Missingno. and something else and a Skiploom, Lugia and something else came up (i actually checked their stats screen on Crystal, rather than trade).

Jon_Sly
20th June 2006, 4:42 PM
I don't want to ever see another remake. We have all the Johto pokemon new through other games and another remake means NO NEW GAMES yes you heard me NO NEW GAMES meaning we did playing old improved stuff. I loved G/S but we don't need a remake.

Headshot-Jackal465
20th June 2006, 5:29 PM
Id buy a remake, but I want newer games, like I said.

Maybe you could play through the Johto region in a totally different time...maybe portions have been destroyed, other parts opened, all new pokemon, gymleaders, etc. Its the Johto region, but a totally new game in every other aspect of the game. THAT would be interresting.

Trooper Guy
21st June 2006, 4:11 PM
I don't want to ever see another remake. We have all the Johto pokemon new through other games and another remake means NO NEW GAMES yes you heard me NO NEW GAMES meaning we did playing old improved stuff. I loved G/S but we don't need a remake.
IMO, i don't think that's a good reason behind there being no remake. Why? Well, if we go by that statement, then Pokemon XD didn't really need to be made. But alas, i think that is probably the reason sadly...

Anyways, why don't we organise a petition, or loads of people send Nintendo LOADS of e-mails, saying why there should be a remake. It could be a simple matter of copy+pasting.

Mewtwo Champ150
21st June 2006, 5:43 PM
I really think there should be a remake of G/S they remade R/B so I think they should remake G/S

Pure
22nd June 2006, 1:36 AM
They should remake it, but Nintendo and Pokemon, being stupid, will not. If they do, it would be extremely revolutionary, since it would be on the DS.

~Bent~
22nd June 2006, 1:39 AM
Why do people want a remake?

"They remade RBY."
Oh, so because one game was remade, all need to be remade every time the hardware grows old? OH BOY LET'S REMAKE XD ON THE WII. :-/

"Sure we can catch all the Pokemon, but I want the feel of GSC."
FR/LG had Johto Pokemon complete with Johto music. Emerald had the move tutors who taught GSC TMs, and a Sudowoodo that you fight by squirting with water given by the owners of a flower shop.

"Sure we can catch all the Pokemon, but XD didn't need to be made then!"
Except that XD was not a remake. Plus, it's not done by GameFreak.

"Johto was only in three games."
So was Hoenn. And Orre was only in two.

Debate plz.

Lord of the pants
22nd June 2006, 1:44 AM
You ppl make no sense...
It's your fave game yet you don't want it remade? It's my fave game and I definately would. I mean even if it didn't offer any unobtainable pokemon I still loved the game for gameplay... IMO they should

~Bent~
22nd June 2006, 1:50 AM
Of course it's my favorite game, and I don't want it remade. Because it's my favorite game. I can just play it and enjoy it. Why should I shell out 30 bucks for the "latest thing" that's exactly the same, and quite possibly worse? (FR/LG is a PRIME example.)

Lord of the pants
22nd June 2006, 1:54 AM
I don't think FR/LG was worse... and I can't get lugia and ho-oh unless I own XD... well I dunno I want it but at the same time I kinda dont
(Want 60% Don't want 40%)

~Bent~
22nd June 2006, 1:56 AM
Censorship. Need I say more?

Trooper Guy
22nd June 2006, 4:46 PM
Why do people want a remake?

"They remade RBY."
Oh, so because one game was remade, all need to be remade every time the hardware grows old? OH BOY LET'S REMAKE XD ON THE WII. :-/
Fair enough that was a bad reason someone mentioned, but why remake XD? It's advanced enough to send pokemon to the GBA games which can then later be sent to Diamond and Pearl.

"Sure we can catch all the Pokemon, but I want the feel of GSC."
FR/LG had Johto Pokemon complete with Johto music. Emerald had the move tutors who taught GSC TMs, and a Sudowoodo that you fight by squirting with water given by the owners of a flower shop.
Did Johto pokemon have their own region in the 3rd gen? No. All these features DO NOT make up for a forgotten, half-arsed region. Why do you think so many Pokemon games are made in this generation? Face it, Nintendo don't want to correct their past mistakes, they'd rather take out references that it existed, e.g, Emerald.

"Sure we can catch all the Pokemon, but XD didn't need to be made then!"
Except that XD was not a remake. Plus, it's not done by GameFreak.
So what if it was not done by Gamefreak? Gamefreak still gave them permission to use their characters and creatures, did you really think they (Genius something, i forgot) could create a pokemon game without their permission? And no one said XD was a remake. It can still connect and transfer pokemon to the GBA games, can it not? It had Pokemon that were already in the games, and was mostly made just to make money (God, i hate using facts :().

"Johto was only in three games."
So was Hoenn. And Orre was only in two.
Their regions weren't watered down and their pokemon and locations did not depend on Kanto influences. Seriously, where are you going with this? ¬_¬

Debate plz. Check the last 2 pages, this debate has been won by myself and Gridiron.

10charlimit.

cooldude13
22nd June 2006, 6:30 PM
I would like to see a remake as long as they don't ruin Kanto again

Headshot-Jackal465
22nd June 2006, 10:34 PM
I don't get how peps could say it ruined Kanto. I guess Im kinda clueless, can someone help me out?

GS was the singlemost inovative game in the franchise history. It was also the best for plot, map layout, pokemon availability (you could get a good spread of types early on).

GS was also the best, gameplay-wise.

Its not just about the pokemon, its about the game.

hwils1
23rd June 2006, 1:36 PM
I believe that G/S/C were the best games made. I would like a remake, because I don't want to spend my life finishing the pokédex just to get the 3 starters.

~Bent~
24th June 2006, 3:18 AM
Fair enough that was a bad reason someone mentioned, but why remake XD? It's advanced enough to send pokemon to the GBA games which can then later be sent to Diamond and Pearl.You're missing my point. I don't want an XD remake any more than I want a G/S/C remake. If we remake every game whenever the hardware gets old, what happens when this hardware gets old? Remake for the GBA successor? Remaking all games just doesn't make sense.

Example: Metroid. Great series, great games. Metroid 2 was great fun. They remade Metroid (originally NES) for GBA; why aren't people complaining "Hey! We don't have SR388 on our new Game Boys!"?

It's perfectly easy to pull out your GBA and stick a copy of Gold in. And, for that matter, you haven't answered my question: Why do you want a remake?
Did Johto pokemon have their own region in the 3rd gen? No. All these features DO NOT make up for a forgotten, half-arsed region. Why do you think so many Pokemon games are made in this generation? Face it, Nintendo don't want to correct their past mistakes, they'd rather take out references that it existed, e.g, Emerald.Johto Pokemon don't need their own region. Remember in G/S/C? Kanto Pokemon didn't appear just in Kanto, they also appeared in Johto. You could catch Pidgeys, Poliwags, and the like. Do Johto Pokemon need to be obtainable in a region specific to Johto Pokemon to be "fully realized"? Surely not.
So what if it was not done by Gamefreak? Gamefreak still gave them permission to use their characters and creatures, did you really think they (Genius something, i forgot) could create a pokemon game without their permission? And no one said XD was a remake. It can still connect and transfer pokemon to the GBA games, can it not? It had Pokemon that were already in the games, and was mostly made just to make money (God, i hate using facts ).I never said that Genius Sonority could make a game without Game Freak's permission. But Game Freak didn't make the game. They gave permission to use the Pokemon and items, but they didn't give permission to use any other Pokemon elements -- notice how XD had only new characters and only new regions. They used the staples (Pokemon Centers, Poke Balls, and the like) so that it's recognizably a Pokemon game, but their intention was not to allow one to obtain unobtainable Pokemon (other than Lugia); their intention was to provide new ways to get Pokemon. It was to give a different experience, like Ranger or Mysterious Dungeon. Heck, they also probably wanted to make up for the mistake that was Colosseum.
[Hoenn and Orre] weren't watered down and their pokemon and locations did not depend on Kanto influences. Seriously, where are you going with this? ¬_¬The idea that Johto is watered down is a matter of opinion.
Check the last 2 pages, this debate has been won by myself and Gridiron.Never say the debate's won until it's won.

TheTurquoiseTauros!
24th June 2006, 4:02 AM
I really want a 2nd Gold, silver game!!

Trooper Guy
24th June 2006, 4:42 AM
I was hoping you'd reply, okay lemme answer:

You're missing my point. I don't want an XD remake any more than I want a G/S/C remake. If we remake every game whenever the hardware gets old, what happens when this hardware gets old? Remake for the GBA successor? Remaking all games just doesn't make sense.
Who said anything about all games being remade? If that was the case, than Snes, Nes and N64 rehashes would be filling the shelves. And Yellow remakes would be running amok.

Example: Metroid. Great series, great games. Metroid 2 was great fun. They remade Metroid (originally NES) for GBA; why aren't people complaining "Hey! We don't have SR388 on our new Game Boys!"?
Dunno, ask them. I'm talking about pokemon right now, not a COMPLETLY different genre of game.

It's perfectly easy to pull out your GBA and stick a copy of Gold in.
[sarcasm]O rly? Didn't know that.[sarcasm]

And, for that matter, you haven't answered my question: Why do you want a remake?
Makes Nintendo and Gamefreak more money, most people want one and gives them time to correct their mistakes. Facts are so annoying to use...

Johto Pokemon don't need their own region. Remember in G/S/C? Kanto Pokemon didn't appear just in Kanto, they also appeared in Johto. You could catch Pidgeys, Poliwags, and the like. Do Johto Pokemon need to be obtainable in a region specific to Johto Pokemon to be "fully realized"? Surely not.
So Hoenn pkmn can have their own recognision for being a stand alone region (no influences from Kanto, only two from Johto, wtf?!) and Johto pokemon can't? Okay...

I never said that Genius Sonority could make a game without Game Freak's permission. But Game Freak didn't make the game. They gave permission to use the Pokemon and items, but they didn't give permission to use any other Pokemon elements -- notice how XD had only new characters and only new regions. They used the staples (Pokemon Centers, Poke Balls, and the like) so that it's recognizably a Pokemon game, but their intention was not to allow one to obtain unobtainable Pokemon (other than Lugia); their intention was to provide new ways to get Pokemon.
By allowing you to throw a ball at a pkmn and giving that a new name? Cool, cool.

It was to give a different experience, like Ranger or Mysterious Dungeon.
They still had apart in the making, even if it's something as small as giving permission.

Heck, they also probably wanted to make up for the mistake that was Colosseum.
Your opinion. How was Colosseum a mistake exactly? Please, enlighten us.

The idea that Johto is watered down is a matter of opinion.
I highly doubt that. Ask Orion-Sama or Gridiron if you think i'm lying. Why'd Johto pkmn have only 100 new pokes compared to the other generations? Why'd Johto gym leaders use mostly Kanto pkmn and not ones from their own region, aren't they supposed to partly represent their part of a region? Why'd Johto pkmn have nearly half of their pkmn related to Kanto's? Why'd Johto have so many Kanto-influenced locations, ex. Slowpoke well? Thought so.....

Never say the debate's won until it's won.
I can say the truth as much as i want, thank you very much.
Why must you bold all the time? We can all see your typing fine. :(
I'll continue this little debate tomorrow, as i'm tired right now.

Loud Black
24th June 2006, 4:59 AM
Although i pray and hope for a remake of this everyday (simply cuz it has the best male character and longest story line) i doubt it would happen. Nintendo is fledging forward with Pokemon and as said before all the Johto pokemon are catchable between Colosseum/XD/FRLG/RSE so it most likely wont happpen.

Orion-Sama
24th June 2006, 5:58 AM
Censorship. Need I say more?
For the win. "Dropped my balls"... D:

Unfortunately, it seems Game Freak has resolved to treat GSC and Johto as some sort of experiment. It was a beta test, per say. They tried new features they KNEW the current hardware didn't support properly. They tried to fit two worlds in one game, which was a very bad mistake, both for the badly managed distribution of Pokémon and the inevitable downgrading of both the new and the old.

I doubt we'll see GSC remade. Ever. It won't rake in the money as some other games they could easily come up with anyway. Plus, what makes you think it'll sell well? A possible reason behind its shaft could be the fact that their main market, Japan, wasn't pleased at all with those versions. :o

Plus, it's not needed anymore. The same could be said about XD, but it added several extras. Namely, exclussive moves for Shadow Pokémon (Even if most were ROFLable Refresh... there are quite a few jewels over there.), easier-to-get PokéCoupons and an easier way to get the Lucky Egg. Not to mention the absolutely best Training Spot: Mt. Battle. It was also Emerald's ultimate companion, by providing bth a vast majority of Kanto Pokémon, the few Johto Pokés Emerald doesn't has AND the out-of-version Pokémon you'd need two games for (Lunatone and Zangoose, anyone?).

For a GSC Remake to be worthy, it'd need several extras. Storyline is moot in such a franchise like Pokémon. What matters is the value provided by the extras and how each game provides stuff for the core gameplay. There are four fields: Pokémon, Moves, Items and Gameplay. Lesse what they could add...

Pokémon: Each and every Pokémon are available in all other 3rd Gen games already. The only exceptions being Celebi and Jirachi, which were shifted in Bonus Disc terms in Japan and the rest of the world. And in the end, they don't count. A Remake just for Celebi's sake is not viable.

Moves: This is something they could do. But if they didn't do so in FR/LG, why now? I'd like Oddish with Leech Seed, but they would've added it in FR/LG had they found it feasible. They didn't (More due to stupidity, but whatever.). End of story.

Items: There are only two Items that remain as painfully hard to find: Liechi Berry and Light Ball. Liechi Berry could be useful, but Light Ball is just novelty. And even if a remake would make Sun Stones more accesible as well, there are no Items that are useful and very hard to find anymore.

Gameplay: There's the Battle Frontier. They could make a new one in Johto, but why for? Is there any other way of playing? I can't think of much more. Maybe more mini-games, but that'd be also a useless add-on in the end...

In short... they COULD add the extras. There's a few things they could work with. But in the end, it'd have even less value than XD, as it'd be a same old story, same old places and people, and all that.

Fixing the mistakes of GSC and giving Johto PROPER recognition and individuality would be a good thing, but... why waste management, resources and development in fixing a mishap when they could be used in new projects? In the end, both will sell well amongst the fanbase, but new adventures will ultimately please most that much more. And with almost nothing to apport to the existing pool of games, it'd be a big loss of time and money.

It's sad, really. It hurts me quite a lot, even. Knowing that the Region Whitney lives at was a mere experiment which came out wrong. But it's just the truth. It was just testing field. All features it created were vastly improved in the next Generation, and even dumped due to lack of needed technology. But well... badly planned. That defines GSC...

FR/LG were remade because the games were awfully outdated. Almost 10 years old, and even for Game Boy carts, they were pretty much crap and downright glitchy. Not to mention they apported a huge pool of Pokémon that couldn't be obtained in the original Ruby/Sapphire, and even Emerald. GSC won't be outdated for a long while. And even then, there'll never be a remake just for the sake of nostalgia or so-called plot, as that's not what Pokémon is about. Sadly enough. They've retaken its paramount feature (To an extent...) to be used in Diamond/Pearl. Anything Johto had to give has been used and improved already. It's sad, but it's the truth. No use in remaking a game just for the sake of "fixing mistakes". They should just move on. And so should all of you...

~Bent~
24th June 2006, 6:20 AM
You're missing my point. I don't want an XD remake any more than I want a G/S/C remake. If we remake every game whenever the hardware gets old, what happens when this hardware gets old? Remake for the GBA successor? Remaking all games just doesn't make sense.Who said anything about all games being remade? If that was the case, than Snes, Nes and N64 rehashes would be filling the shelves. And Yellow remakes would be running amok.Exactly. Why, because one game was remade (two, actually), do you want a remake of another? Wouldn't you rather have just a new game featuring Johto? And, for that matter, what does happen when the GBA gets old? My point still stands.

Example: Metroid. Great series, great games. Metroid 2 was great fun. They remade Metroid (originally NES) for GBA; why aren't people complaining "Hey! We don't have SR388 on our new Game Boys!"?Dunno, ask them. I'm talking about pokemon right now, not a COMPLETLY different genre of game.Genre doesn't matter. Metroid is a very popular game. Metroid (the original) was remade for GBA, because almost nobody has a working NES anymore. However, nobody clamored for a remake of Metroid 2, which was released for the original Game Boy. Why? I believe one reason is that the GBA is capable of playing old Game Boy games. If people wanted to view the "region" in Metroid 2, they would simply pull out their backwards-compatible GBAs and play it. Surely we can do the same with our Crystal versions and not clamor for another way to spend 30 bucks.

And, for that matter, you haven't answered my question: Why do you want a remake?Makes Nintendo and Gamefreak more money, most people want one and gives them time to correct their mistakes. Facts are so annoying to use...What mistakes? I will gladly (in this post, in fact) state my reasons for not liking Colo. Please state yours regarding G/S/C.

Johto Pokemon don't need their own region. Remember in G/S/C? Kanto Pokemon didn't appear just in Kanto, they also appeared in Johto. You could catch Pidgeys, Poliwags, and the like. Do Johto Pokemon need to be obtainable in a region specific to Johto Pokemon to be "fully realized"? Surely not.So Hoenn pkmn can have their own recognision for being a stand alone region (no influences from Kanto, only two from Johto, wtf?!) and Johto pokemon can't? Okay...Hoenn had Kanto Pokemon. You seem to be stating that you would like Johto to have Pokemon 152-251 and NOTHING else, because "Hoenn had Hoenn Pokemon."

I never said that Genius Sonority could make a game without Game Freak's permission. But Game Freak didn't make the game. They gave permission to use the Pokemon and items, but they didn't give permission to use any other Pokemon elements -- notice how XD had only new characters and only new regions. They used the staples (Pokemon Centers, Poke Balls, and the like) so that it's recognizably a Pokemon game, but their intention was not to allow one to obtain unobtainable Pokemon (other than Lugia); their intention was to provide new ways to get Pokemon.By allowing you to throw a ball at a pkmn and giving that a new name? Cool, cool.Different encounters, though. In Colo/XD, you have a limited squad, the opponent has two (!) Pokemon pummeling at you, and in many cases the Pokemon you want to catch is in great danger of damaging itself to, well, fainthood. Quite a change in the battling mentality, don't you think?
[Game Freak] still had apart in the making, even if it's something as small as giving permission.Game Freak did no programming, other than the mechanics carried over from other games. Game Freak had nothing to do with the storyline and/or characters.

Heck, they also probably wanted to make up for the mistake that was Colosseum.Your opinion. How was Colosseum a mistake exactly? Please, enlighten us.Very few Pokemon -- only a small number of Shadow Pokemon. Bad dialogue -- "Oh WES, you're my prince in shining armor!" Short story -- beat Miror B, beat Dakim, beat Venus, beat Ein, beat 'em all again, beat Nascour, and beat Evice. No puzzles, no plot twists. I'm not even including the second half, since you don't seem to think G/S/C Kanto is worth a mention.

The idea that Johto is watered down is a matter of opinion.I highly doubt that. Ask Orion-Sama or Gridiron if you think i'm lying. Why'd Johto pkmn have only 100 new pokes compared to the other generations? Why'd Johto gym leaders use mostly Kanto pkmn and not ones from their own region, aren't they supposed to partly represent their part of a region? Why'd Johto pkmn have nearly half of their pkmn related to Kanto's? Why'd Johto have so many Kanto-influenced locations, ex. Slowpoke well? Thought so.....You're denying that your view is opinion, yet you call my ideas "opinion." Great logic there...

The gym leader point is the only one I agree with. But for the others... saying that having a Kanto Pokemon is a "Kanto influence" does not make sense. What about Hoenn, and their 15 Kanto/Johto Pokemon? Lanette has a letter from Bill on her table... Oh noez, it's a violation of Hoenn's rights!!!!

Johto is the only continent that's physically connected to Kanto. Deal with it.

G/S/C was a sequel to R/B/Y. Kindly define the word "sequel."

Never say the debate's won until it's won.I can say the truth as much as i want, thank you very much.If this were "the truth," then surely more people (including possibly myself) would be convinced.
Why must you bold all the time? We can all see your typing fine. :(I use bold like most people use italics. Force of habit, I guess.
I'll continue this little debate tomorrow, as i'm tired right now.Sleep well...

Trooper Guy
25th June 2006, 2:54 AM
Exactly. Why, because one game was remade (two, actually), do you want a remake of another? Wouldn't you rather have just a new game featuring Johto? And, for that matter, what does happen when the GBA gets old? My point still stands. If the game was either Johto on it's own, i'd be happy anyway. When the GBA gets old, then we'll go on to something else, but the fans will still be there. It won't be completley discarded, because the games, especially Pokemon games were so expansive with other consoles. What's wrong with playing an awesome game (OMG, i said the 'a' word, even though i pointed out some fundemental mistakes!!!1!) in better graphics? It's a pipedream anyway, so why take this case so seriously?

Genre doesn't matter. Metroid is a very popular game. Metroid (the original) was remade for GBA, because almost nobody has a working NES anymore. However, nobody clamored for a remake of Metroid 2, which was released for the original Game Boy. Why? I believe one reason is that the GBA is capable of playing old Game Boy games. If people wanted to view the "region" in Metroid 2, they would simply pull out their backwards-compatible GBAs and play it.
Yeah, i do the whole 'flick out GBA SP and play old game on it' method too, i still even use my old GBC. But Metroid 2 is a kind of game that does not rely on multiplayer options to make it successful. Nintendo wouldn't remake it just for graphics and it was already portable. So that's why no one cared much for a remake of it. One of Pokemon's main points of it is multiplayability, and being able to trade and battle with friends. Metroid 2, or any portable Metroid game DOES NOT fall depent on that.

Surely we can do the same with our Crystal versions and not clamor for another way to spend 30 bucks.
Well, i don't know the full reason as to why you have such a huge hatred to remakes (don't say, i don't care either), but what's wrong with people hoping to use their Hoenn pkmn in Johto and having all the new features that these 3rd gen games have? It won't happen anyway, as Game Freak are TOO busy with D/P, and what feature could the remakes have that the other versions don't? It'd have to have an amazing new feature, or there would be no point of it.

What mistakes? I will gladly (in this post, in fact) state my reasons for not liking Colo. Please state yours regarding G/S/C.
Never said i didn't like G/S/C, i'm saying that it didn't really represent the new pokemon (at the time) at it's fullest. I fail to see where i said i didn't like G/S/C. And a mistake there was, for example, why'd the gym leaders use MOSTLY Kanto pokemon? (before you start getting the bolded option out again, i am not saying there is anything wrong with using them, whomg!!). Shouldn't they have used more Johto pokemon then they did? It had mistakes, not every game is 100% perfect as you seem to think.

Hoenn had Kanto Pokemon. You seem to be stating that you would like Johto to have Pokemon 152-251 and NOTHING else, because "Hoenn had Hoenn Pokemon."
You lose here. I'm saying that there were HARDLY ANY Johto pokemon whatsoever in their own region and more creatures from Kanto. There wasn't that many Kanto creatures in Hoenn and more creatures from Hoenn there, so Hoenn's pkmn got to shine out more. And Hoenn's pokemon weren't related to Kanto's, yet Johto's had nearly half of it's creatures being related, making Johto's pokemon a 'Part 2 of Kanto'. I'm saying there should be more Johto pokemon NOT related to Kanto, but some should, like 1/4 of the amount (not 152-251, dunno where you got that from???)

You're denying that your view is opinion, yet you call my ideas "opinion."
How was you saying "Johto being watered down a matter of opinion" an "idea"? My view is partly opinion, BUT, is partly fact. Funny how Kanto and Hoenn had so much compared to Johto.

Great logic there... Thanks. That means alot coming from the guy that hates remakes and forces his opinions down other people's throats. :rolleyes:

The gym leader point is the only one I agree with. But for the others... saying that having a Kanto Pokemon is a "Kanto influence" does not make sense. What about Hoenn, and their 15 Kanto/Johto Pokemon? Lanette has a letter from Bill on her table... Oh noez, it's a violation of Hoenn's rights!!!!I couldn't stop loling at this. Listen, i'm not saying that using a Kanto pokemon is wrong, i'm saying that there was more of Kanto's pokemon used that Johto's. Whoamg, guess we didn't read between the lines!!!!!!!

Johto is the only continent that's physically connected to Johto. Deal with it.And Kanto is physically connected to Johto, iirc. Umm, deal with what, exactly? A region that feeds of Kanto influences?[sarcasm]Okay.[sarcasm]

Because you can't seem to grasp that G/S/C was a sequel.
FYI, i know it was a sequel, i never said it weren't. Show me a post where i said it wasn't.

You can't seem to grasp that sequels are supposed to have a large number of elements from their predecessors. Ru/Sa/Em also had a fair amount of elements from their predecessors as well. Just because the actual region weren't there, doesn't mean it weren't a sequal. Get that into your brain and come off the superior act.

G/S/C was a sequel to R/B/Y. Kindly define the word "sequel."
Sequel means, a continuation, a follow-on from one work or project to another.

If this were "the truth," then surely more people (including possibly myself) would be convinced.
I was kidding about that, but whatever (oh noez, a joke!!1).

Well, i replyied. Reply, don't reply i don't really care anymore. I've given my view, and i'd still like a G/S/C remake (Whoamg!), but like already mentioned, it's a pipe-dream anyway so it doesn't matter. *Waits for last-word reply. Bolded, of course, and included with an assumption about someone that person has never met.*

~Bent~
25th June 2006, 5:26 AM
why take this case so seriously?Fair point.

Genre doesn't matter. Metroid is a very popular game. Metroid (the original) was remade for GBA, because almost nobody has a working NES anymore. However, nobody clamored for a remake of Metroid 2, which was released for the original Game Boy. Why? I believe one reason is that the GBA is capable of playing old Game Boy games. If people wanted to view the "region" in Metroid 2, they would simply pull out their backwards-compatible GBAs and play it.Yeah, i do the whole 'flick out GBA SP and play old game on it' method too, i still even use my old GBC. But Metroid 2 is a kind of game that does not rely on multiplayer options to make it successful. Nintendo wouldn't remake it just for graphics and it was already portable. So that's why no one cared much for a remake of it. One of Pokemon's main points of it is multiplayability, and being able to trade and battle with friends. Metroid 2, or any portable Metroid game DOES NOT fall depent on that.Well then, if multiplayability is the difference, then why do you want it when all multiplayer elements (Pokemon, items, attacks, etc) are all in place and can be obtained from other games? The biggest complaint I get from non-Pokemon players is "They make too many games, and not enough changes. They make them with the same storyline, and all they do is improve the graphics or add a few attacks to 'improve' it."

That's the problem. Earlier you mentioned that a remake would bring "more money to Nintendo and Game Freak"; that's not true. People would see that it's "the same game" as G/S/C (three games by themselves, incidentally) and thus would not buy it. FR/LG was worse than the original R/B/Y, IMO.

Surely we can do the same with our Crystal versions and not clamor for another way to spend 30 bucks.Well, i don't know the full reason as to why you have such a huge hatred to remakesOne reason I dislike remakes is stated above, in the paragraph describing the reactions of other gamers. Another is because FR/LG was a huge disappointment.

- They censored it. Total removal of the words "evil," "gamble," and "fight." Examples: "NOOOOO! MALEVOLENT SPIRIT!!!", "If you stand for justice, you betray us bad guys!", "I'm a rambling, gaming dude" [this in spite of the fact that they have a casino in-game], "Red! I'll show you how a real trainer battles!"

- Bad graphics. Better than the originals, perhaps, but this is nothing compared to what the GBA can do. What's more, Red's head is WAY too big.

- Bad music. Bicycle, Rival, and most of the G/S/C remakes, specifically.

- Pointless additions. Item animations, "Last time on Dragon Ball Z...", tutorials, Teachy TV, Berry Forest, etc.

- Total removal of a clock and a Contest Stat system -- thus, no Espeon, no Umbreon, and no Milotic.

- National Pokedex.

- Poor implementation of other Advanced-gen features. Pickup was worthless, Trainer Tower was even more worthless (at least you get items from Battle Tower; once you beat all four sections of TT, there's no point). Crushing pales in comparison to Blending too.

Thus, we have different views. I hold that G/S/C had mistakes but it's still a great (in fact, better than any other Pokemon) saga and thus would not benefit from a remake, while I hold that FR/LG had enough mistakes (and big enough ones) to make it fall below the level of "mediocre". You seem to hold that G/S/C had mistakes and thus would benefit from a remake, while FR/LG had very few mistakes and thus was a great game.
but what's wrong with people hoping to use their Hoenn pkmn in Johto and having all the new features that these 3rd gen games have?You answer this next.
It won't happen anywayThat's what's wrong. Too much view into the past deters us from the present. Why bother saying "Make a Johto remake!" when we could spend our time better by talking about how to make Diamond and Pearl?

What mistakes? I will gladly (in this post, in fact) state my reasons for not liking Colo. Please state yours regarding G/S/C.Never said i didn't like G/S/C, i'm saying that it didn't really represent the new pokemon (at the time) at it's fullest.So again I ask, do Pokemon need a region entirely to themselves to be "at their fullest"? Surely not.
And a mistake there was, for example, why'd the gym leaders use MOSTLY Kanto pokemon?Funny how you used the one example that I already stated I agree with.
It had mistakes, not every game is 100% perfect as you seem to think.I never said that G/S/C was perfect. But surely the gym leader point doesn't make it a game so bad it needs a remake to be corrected.

Hoenn had Kanto Pokemon. You seem to be stating that you would like Johto to have Pokemon 152-251 and NOTHING else, because "Hoenn had Hoenn Pokemon."You lose here. I'm saying that there were HARDLY ANY Johto pokemon whatsoever in their own region and more creatures from Kanto.Number of #152-251 evolution lines in Johto (Crystal version): 40
Number of #001-151 evolution lines in Johto (Crystal version): 48

That's sure not "hardly any" G/S/C Pokemon. Sure there were more Kanto creatures, but not many more, considering how many more Kanto Pokemon there actually are.

Up until the last few weeks at SPPf, I have never seen someone complain that there were too many Kanto Pokemon in G/S/C. But as soon as Ruby and Sapphire came out, I saw a ton of threads (at other forums bigger than this one, incidentally) moaning about the lack of "oldies." People complained that there was no Houndoom, no Charizard, no Tyranitar.
There wasn't that many Kanto creatures in Hoenn and more creatures from Hoenn there, so Hoenn's pkmn got to shine out more. And Hoenn's pokemon weren't related to Kanto's, yet Johto's had nearly half of it's creatures being related, making Johto's pokemon a 'Part 2 of Kanto'.Of course. It's a sequel. What's wrong with G/S/C being a sequel to R/B/Y?

And Hoenn's Pokemon hardly "shone". Most of them were ripoffs of Kanto Pokemon in the first place, or else formless blobs (I'm looking at you, Gardevoir...). Ken Sugimori didn't even design most of them.
I'm saying there should be more Johto pokemon NOT related to Kanto, but some should, like 1/4 of the amount18 Johto Pokemon were related to Kanto Pokemon through evolution. Even if we include Miltank, that still only makes it 19... hardly your "1/4" maximum.

Johto is the only continent that's physically connected to Johto. Deal with it.And Kanto is physically connected to Johto, iirc. Umm, deal with what, exactly? A region that feeds of Kanto influences?[sarcasm]Okay.[sarcasm]Yeah, I meant to put Kanto in there somewhere. But what difference does that make? It's still obvious what I meant.

G/S/C was a sequel (see next quote). That's what I told you to "deal with".

G/S/C was a sequel to R/B/Y. Kindly define the word "sequel."Sequel means, a continuation, a follow-on from one work or project to another. Why?Because you can't seem to grasp that G/S/C was a sequel. You can't seem to grasp that sequels are supposed to have a large number of elements from their predecessors. Ru/Sa/Em was not a sequel to any Pokemon game, which is why it had no elements from other games.

~Bent~
26th June 2006, 9:02 PM
Even if people say GSC was a experiment I see no reason not to remake it,because there are so many unanswered questions in fr/lg like what really happened to Lorelei?Why remake a game just because of "unanswered questions"? We don't know what happened to the S.S. Anne (the sinking is NOT canonical, folks), we don't know what happened to make the Sevii Islands drop off the face of the earth, and we don't know why Red disappeared into Mount Silver (except for his quest for power). Besides, there's no guarantee that these questions would be answered in a remake.
IMO the biggest clue in FireRed that there is going to be a remake of GSC is after you defeat the male Team Rocket Admin. ( probably the Rocket Executive with the Houndoom). He says he is determined to find Giovanni, and he will not rest until he does. When the Rockets leave, you can check the computer screen that the male Admin was sitting in front of. It mentioned something along the lines of "The effect of some brodcast signal on Pokémon evolution"....And? That was a preview of G/S/C's plot -- the stuff on the computer screen was in regard to TR's later experiments with radio waves at Lake of Rage, and the Admins' drive to find Giovanni is demonstrated by their desperate radio broadcast after taking over the Radio Tower.
And after you defeat Scientist Gideon, he mentions that Giovanni has a child with red hair. I don't know about you, but I'm sure that his kid is Silver.That is the most common conclusion, yes (it's mine too). But that is no reason to create a remake.
the point that i am trying to make is that GSC is far too important of a generation to not remake.GSC, after all, is the sequal to RBGY. In FireRed, we got a mass of info on the characters that we didn't have in the original Red version and also there are new people getting into pokemon,to us the plotholes for GSC have been filled but for new players it is creating more plotholes for themWhat about ten years from now? Assuming that Pokemon is still around by then (it won't be the only series that's lasted 20 years), people will start playing who haven't played FR/LG, Ru/Sa/Em, or any purely hypothetical G/S/C remake. What will we do then, remake it again?
dont forgot the people in japan that thought GSC was rubbish are probably not playing anymoreWhere did you hear this?
and they should remake it for the new players need to experience the gamplay,fill some major plotholes,they need to find the origin of johto pokemon,they need to find out that ho-oh and lugia are not kanto pokemonThen what's stopping someone from looking for an original Gold version? That would do a better job than any remake of explaining these points to a new player.
and most certainly need an easier way to get johto pokemon like celebi(through some ticket event).That's hardly easy.
Oh and one more thing remember that pokemon games are not made for obtaining pokemon,they are made for the experience of exploring new worlds,meeting more pokemon and enjoyment.If it weren't about the Pokedex, people wouldn't complain about Deoxys.

Seriously, we can already explore Johto and meet Johto Pokemon in G/S/C. Why bother making a remake?
But what they should do is remake one of te series for the GBA and one for the DS(like MD red and blue).Why? Wouldn't it be better to create a new game, one for DS and one for GBA?
Also the reason why i think they are going to remake GSC is not because of the Pokémon, but because of the storyline.Why remake for the storyline? We can get the storyline by playing G/S/C.
We learn that the RBGY Lance was also the GSC Lance. The fact that he was weaker, and became the champion when he was supposedly the 4th Member could make you think that the GSC Lance was another Lance... FR/LG cleared that he wanted to go back to Blackthorn and train again, which explains why he's weaker and why he stepped off the E4 position.Oh, come on. There was never any doubt that the G/S/C Lance was not the same guy. He even had the same sprite.
well I think Johto deserves its very own League. I mean, the way it was in GSC, Johto was just a Kanto subordinated, an alternative, as you end up going to the exact same League. They should keep the GSC League, AND give Johto a League in an alternate way in Mt. Silver.Johto and Kanto are on the same continent. They are physically connected. The method of visiting Kanto and the Kanto league again was perfectly fine.
Even so, while a GSC Remake could be possible for the sake of the storylineIt's not. They never remade a Pokemon game so people could recall the storyline -- they only remade FR/LG for the obtainable Pokemon, after all.
a Pokémon game needs more than that, because, at the end, the plot is too bland and not attached at all to the core gameplay of this series. Unless they think of giving us new Moves, Items and/or a new Battle Frontier-esque facility.And they won't do that. When Ruby and Sapphire were released, four moves were completely unobtainable (the other "unobtainable" moves were possible to get, just on unobtainable Pokemon): Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, and Volt Tackle. They gave the first three in FR/LG, and the fourth in Emerald. There are no more "hidden moves" to give. Likewise, there are no more hidden items, and the Battle Frontier has already been done.

Kaim_Fabuyashi
26th June 2006, 9:42 PM
I agree that they should re make G/S not cristal, well 1 because they are GB games and 2 I am still playing cristal and if thy re did it like they did LG and FR it would be great, they just should have indipendant league and giovanni in it, also they could correct all the screw ups they made. besides, the johto series was my favorite anyway :P

Dragon_Reborn
26th June 2006, 9:49 PM
Well..l hope they don't make a GSC remake.I think it's good as it is now.The only changes made would be adding the natures in and impove graphics.

If they remake the GSC series then they should add the Orange Islands in there like they added the Seveii Islands in LG/FR.IIRC,the Orange Islands was during the GSC part in the anime.I think they should add that if they remake it.

Savage
29th June 2006, 9:39 AM
Personally if I ever see a remake of GSC I'll cry, because that would mean nintendo has finally raped any chance of leaving something good untouched.

You win this thread. Seriously.

What I need to say has been quoted.

-kplzthxbi

PokemonAlways
20th July 2006, 1:23 AM
Jesus People Who Say They Dont Want A Remake Of The Game Silver And Gold Dont Buy The Freaking Game If It Comes Out! And Shut Up And Whinning About No Remake!

PokemonAlways
20th July 2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah I mean they are probably going to remake G/S i dont know about crystal but that region plays a very important part of pokemon reasons why i think they are going to remake are
1)the International batterys that save the time and game are dying so later u cant even save the game u have to start over again and again
2)Alot of the Second generation pokemon will be forgoten since they dont have their own region anymore
3)Fire red and leaf green leave many clues that their is going to be a remake of silver and gold.
4)Probably is going to follow the same cycle Fire red and leaf green did ->Ruby saphire->Fire red leaf green->Pearl Diamond->Gold Silver->Next generation
seeing that alot of people say silver and gold arent really that old as red yellow and blue its not that they are going to remake them right as of now but later in the future they came out in japan in about 1998/9 and its what almost 2007 about 9 years i think they will come out in about 2008 with silver and gold remakes 10 years afterwords on the Ds and after that nindendo will launch a new game system and then the 5th generation will come.....

~Bent~
20th July 2006, 10:33 PM
Thread winner 2,if you dont want a gsc remake,if(hopefully)it is released,dont buy it.You don't understand. I don't just think I won't like it -- based on previous experience, I think it'll be bad. I'd rather have them create a new game that's good than a remake that's bad. If they did create a very good remake, then I would be pleasantly surprised... but surprised nonetheless.
1)the International batterys that save the time and game are dying so later u cant even save the game u have to start over again and againJust because hardware gets "outdated" doesn't mean they'll do a remake. All one has to do is replace the battery (yes, it's possible) or buy another copy.

Do they remake NES games just because the hardware is so old most people can't play them? I can think of eight titles, all of which were merely ports to the GBA -- not remakes.
2)Alot of the Second generation pokemon will be forgoten since they dont have their own region anymoreSo, how about ten years from now? In the future, Hoenn won't be featured in the new games. Does this mean Nintendo will remake Ruby and Sapphire because a few people will "forget" about the region the Hoenn Pokemon originally lived in? Of course not.
3)Fire red and leaf green leave many clues that their is going to be a remake of silver and gold.Such as...? Just because they reference Gold and Silver doesn't mean that they'll remake them. They reference because it's a prequel. "Oh hey, that new Star Wars movie had some references to IV, V, and VI! I bet they'll remake them with Hayden Christensen playing Luke and Natalie Portman playing Leia!"
4)Probably is going to follow the same cycle Fire red and leaf green did ->Ruby saphire->Fire red leaf green->Pearl Diamond->Gold Silver->Next generationYou missed a step.

Red/Blue --> Gold/Silver --> Ruby/Sapphire --> FireRed/LeafGreen --> Pearl/Diamond

By your "logic," a G/S/C remake won't come until the sixth gen. You really think Game Freak says "Yeah, every three sets of games we'll start remaking them."?
seeing that alot of people say silver and gold arent really that old as red yellow and blue its not that they are going to remake them right as of now but later in the future they came out in japan in about 1998/9 and its what almost 2007 about 9 years i think they will come out in about 2008 with silver and gold remakes 10 years afterwords on the Ds and after that nindendo will launch a new game system and then the 5th generation will come.....Red and Blue weren't that old either. They only remade them because they couldn't think of ways to give us all the Kanto Pokemon.

empires228
21st July 2006, 6:55 AM
Well I think they should I want to see Mary and Beuna again.

Trooper Guy
21st July 2006, 11:27 PM
I know that i said that i wanted a GSC remake, but i think if GF made it, it'd be a waste of time and resources. A fan-made one would be good.

Mabey there could be two versions on the same cart: One could be the GSC we all know and love, and the other the Beta version (been looking at the Beta threads lately, and this idea just came up), with beta locations and beta pokemon.

EDIT:

Sleep well...Oh i did, i did...

You'll never fully win a debate unless you listen to what your opponents say.Umm no, you don't know me well enough to confirm that. Believe it or not, i have actually fully won debates before, so what you just said was BS. Just because i didn't want to know that reason of yours (back then) doesn't mean i don't listen to other people irl. It's never a good thing to judge people like that, jfyi.

People will notice that you're not being civil, and thus will not respect you.Truth be told, i'm not debating to earn "respect" or brownie points with internet people, i'm doing so just to get my points across. Please drop this whole "superior" act, as it's getting boring. Just accept the fact that people will have different opinions to your own and move on. In fact, define the word, "Opinion", if you please.

Deal with it.So, you tell me to deal with something, yet you can't grasp the fact that people ARE going to want remakes, wheither it would be useful or not. Nice use of logic there pal...

And i never said there was anything wrong with G/S/C being a sequel to R/G/B/Y.

Yes, i read that last reply you made and i see that you still haven't countered my point that Johto's pokemon amount is too small in general:

Kanto=151
Johto=100
Hoenn=135

My point still stands.

But surely the gym leader point doesn't make it a game so bad it needs a remake to be corrected.I never said the games were bad at all. Red and Green got a remake that had features needlessly changed. For example, the Rocket trainers disappearing from locations like Mt. Moon, Game Corner Basement, etc after you save Sliph Co. Yet in R/G/B/Y, they still stay stay in the same place. That feature didn't really need to happen.

That's what's wrong. Too much view into the past deters us from the present. Why bother saying "Make a Johto remake!" when we could spend our time better by talking about how to make Diamond and Pearl?Think. There are two pairs of games released. A third version wasn't released, as usually when two pairs or pokemon games are released at the same time, a third version appears. The games were based in Kanto. The Johto region didn't get a remake. Yet (i say this as anything could happen in the future). Plus it being shafted in the 3rd generation.

I imagine those points might explain to you why people are saying "Make a Johto remake!".

That's the problem. Earlier you mentioned that a remake would bring "more money to Nintendo and Game Freak"; that's not true. People would see that it's "the same game" as G/S/C (three games by themselves, incidentally) and thus would not buy it.But it would. I wasn't saying that in a way as the remakes would make them a rediculous amount of money, or so much profit that they shouldn't even bother releasing D/P, i was saying that they would get more money on top of what's coming in from their releases of other games (regardless of genre) and acessories. They could easily think of new features, and ways to make it necessary to the generation before D/P's release, or even after. Besides, who's to say it can't be a DS release in the future?

I agree with some of the points you made about Fr/Lg being bad remakes/why you dislike them, but that still wouldn't stop Nintendo and GameFreak from making one anyway. And i too dislike the National Dex in Fr/Lg (my reason may be different to yours however). Reason is, say when you view a pokemon's pokedex entry, and come out of the 'dex and out of the menu, it doesn't "remember" the last entry you viewed (like the Johto and Hoenn 'Dexes do). That was pretty inconvient for me.

Believe it or not, i actually do respect some of your views and i don't dislike you. But anyways, the bottom line at the end of the day is, some people are going to want remakes, regardless of it being useless or not. Get over it and move on.

PokemonAlways
22nd July 2006, 9:01 PM
You don't understand. I don't just think I won't like it -- based on previous experience, I think it'll be bad. I'd rather have them create a new game that's good than a remake that's bad. If they did create a very good remake, then I would be pleasantly surprised... but surprised nonetheless.Just because hardware gets "outdated" doesn't mean they'll do a remake. All one has to do is replace the battery (yes, it's possible) or buy another copy.

Do they remake NES games just because the hardware is so old most people can't play them? I can think of eight titles, all of which were merely ports to the GBA -- not remakes.So, how about ten years from now? In the future, Hoenn won't be featured in the new games. Does this mean Nintendo will remake Ruby and Sapphire because a few people will "forget" about the region the Hoenn Pokemon originally lived in? Of course not.Such as...? Just because they reference Gold and Silver doesn't mean that they'll remake them. They reference because it's a prequel. "Oh hey, that new Star Wars movie had some references to IV, V, and VI! I bet they'll remake them with Hayden Christensen playing Luke and Natalie Portman playing Leia!"You missed a step.

Red/Blue --> Gold/Silver --> Ruby/Sapphire --> FireRed/LeafGreen --> Pearl/Diamond

By your "logic," a G/S/C remake won't come until the sixth gen. You really think Game Freak says "Yeah, every three sets of games we'll start remaking them."?Red and Blue weren't that old either. They only remade them because they couldn't think of ways to give us all the Kanto Pokemon.

Just Because You dont want them to remake the game doesnt mean that they are not going to remake it its like your Hopeing they dont remake it Why??!?!?! Just because u use your excuse "the technonogly isnt gona be great" doesnt mean that its true after Diamond and Pearl they Are going to have much better Technology well the same but just a little better like they did with ruby/saphire and leaf/fire so i mean speaking of technologly that doesnt have anything to do with it and u probably didnt read what i said earlier A remake would be great but its not like they are going to remake it right now maybe in like 2008 which is like 2 years away so dont get mad. and still If you dont want a Remake dont try to make us missrible because of your own issues with the game But Just Dont BUY IT!!!!!! and pretend it never exitested and ull be fine.. for the rest of us we will enjoy them. :)

~Bent~
23rd July 2006, 5:55 AM
Just Because You dont want them to remake the game doesnt mean that they are not going to remake itJust because you want them to remake the game doesn't mean that they are going to remake it.
its like your Hopeing they dont remake it Why??!?!?!Because when they did a remake, I didn't enjoy it.
Just because u use your excuse "the technonogly isnt gona be great" doesnt mean that its true...When did I say that?
after Diamond and Pearl they Are going to have much better Technology well the same but just a little better like they did with ruby/saphire and leaf/fire so i mean speaking of technologly that doesnt have anything to do with itYou're right, it doesn't have anything to do with it.
and u probably didnt read what i said earlierOn the contrary.
A remake would be great but its not like they are going to remake it right now maybe in like 2008 which is like 2 years awayOr there's always the possibility they'll never remake it.
so dont get mad. and still If you dont want a Remake dont try to make us missrible because of your own issues with the game But Just Dont BUY IT!!!!!!If I thought that FR/LG was bad, does that mean I have to shut up and not tell anyone about it? If you thought that FR/LG was good, does that give you the right to shut me up and proclaim its greatness?
and pretend it never exitested and ull be fine..Those who pretend that mistakes never happen are doomed to make more.

TogeticTheRuler
23rd July 2006, 1:04 PM
Ugh atk of the quotes.....
I dont think there will be a g/s/c remake cuz firered/leadgreen were added to have the national dex completed with kantos and some johto,they put johto infr/lg/colo to make completing the dex easier but maybe they will later generations unless the 3rd gen will be compatible with the 5th(eek 2 much games.....)

PokemonAlways
23rd July 2006, 5:03 PM
Right But still dude just because u didnt enjoy playing Leaf green and fire red doesnt mean the whole worlds going to die lol but still i keep saying it why would it make u mad if they remade them its not like u gotta go out and buy it because ur a pokemon fan just let it go take a deep breath lol they are remaking them its really obvious especially because of the international battery dying in Gold silver Crystal. After a few years the batter dies and u eventually cant save your game anymore at all so that means if u cant save it everytime u turn off ur game u have to start all over... i dont think people want to start all over and redo it everysingle time its a waste of time lol... plus pokemon fire red and leaf green were pretty good i mean how can someone perfer red,blue to Fire red and leaf green the graphics are amazing and pokemon are better i just dont get that at all.... but i think if they remade Gold/Silver they would be the best selling games so far because most of the people that i have heard from on serebii think johto region was their favorite, it was my favorite also...

~Bent~
23rd July 2006, 8:30 PM
but still i keep saying it why would it make u mad if they remade themAgain, I would only be mad if they remade them badly. In my opinion, they remade Red and Blue badly. As I've said before, if they remade G/S/C well, I would be pleasantly surprised, but surprised nonetheless.

Also, I dislike the thought of a remake because the biggest complaint I get from non-Pokemon players is "They make too many games, and not enough changes. They make them with the same storyline, and all they do is improve the graphics or add a few attacks to 'improve' it."
they are remaking them its really obviousOf course not. Show me proof that they're remaking.
especially because of the international battery dying in Gold silver Crystal. After a few years the batter dies and u eventually cant save your game anymore at all so that means if u cant save it everytime u turn off ur game u have to start all over...Yes, that happens. However, it's perfectly possible for one to change the battery (it's not like they have anything to lose), it's perfectly possible for one to hire someone to change the battery, and it's perfectly possible for one to buy another copy of the game.

You're stating a reason why you think G/S/C should be remade, not proof that Nintendo is remaking them.
pokemon fire red and leaf green were pretty good i mean how can someone perfer red,blue to Fire red and leaf green- They censored it. Total removal of the words "evil," "gamble," and "fight." Examples: "NOOOOO! MALEVOLENT SPIRIT!!!", "If you stand for justice, you betray us bad guys!", "I'm a rambling, gaming dude" [this in spite of the fact that they have a casino in-game], "Red! I'll show you how a real trainer battles!"

- Bad graphics. Better than the originals, perhaps, but this is nothing compared to what the GBA can do. What's more, Red's head is WAY too big.

- Pointless additions. Item animations, "Last time on Dragon Ball Z...", tutorials, Teachy TV, Berry Forest, etc.

- Total removal of a clock and a Contest Stat system -- thus, no Espeon, no Umbreon, and no Milotic.

- National Pokedex.

- Poor implementation of other Advanced-gen features. Pickup was worthless, Trainer Tower was even more worthless (at least you get items from Battle Tower; once you beat all four sections of TT, there's no point). Crushing pales in comparison to Blending too.
the graphics are amazingThe graphics are pathetic. This is hardly the GBA's potential.
but i think if they remade Gold/Silver they would be the best selling games so far because most of the people that i have heard from on serebii think johto region was their favorite, it was my favorite also...I like the Johto region too... and I'd rather just have a new game with the Johto region in it. Who needs a remake?

~Bent~
23rd July 2006, 9:00 PM
alright but here is one question,would you like if they made a new pokemon game with johto as side quest.Most likely. I certainly wouldn't mind, unless it was awful.

PokemonAlways
25th July 2006, 9:14 PM
Again, I would only be mad if they remade them badly. In my opinion, they remade Red and Blue badly. As I've said before, if they remade G/S/C well, I would be pleasantly surprised, but surprised nonetheless.

Also, I dislike the thought of a remake because the biggest complaint I get from non-Pokemon players is "They make too many games, and not enough changes. They make them with the same storyline, and all they do is improve the graphics or add a few attacks to 'improve' it."Of course not. Show me proof that they're remaking.Yes, that happens. However, it's perfectly possible for one to change the battery (it's not like they have anything to lose), it's perfectly possible for one to hire someone to change the battery, and it's perfectly possible for one to buy another copy of the game.

You're stating a reason why you think G/S/C should be remade, not proof that Nintendo is remaking them.- They censored it. Total removal of the words "evil," "gamble," and "fight." Examples: "NOOOOO! MALEVOLENT SPIRIT!!!", "If you stand for justice, you betray us bad guys!", "I'm a rambling, gaming dude" [this in spite of the fact that they have a casino in-game], "Red! I'll show you how a real trainer battles!"

- National Pokedex.

- Poor implementation of other Advanced-gen features. Pickup was worthless, Trainer Tower was even more worthless (at least you get items from Battle Tower; once you beat all four sections of TT, there's no point). Crushing pales in comparison to Blending too.The graphics are pathetic. This is hardly the GBA's potential.I like the Johto region too... and I'd rather just have a new game with the Johto region in it. Who needs a remake?

Alright so u Perfer Red And Blue to Leaf and green because fire red and leaf green didnt have Milotic HELLO ITS KANTO ITS NOT GOING TO HAVE MILOTIC And come on dude fire red and leaf green had more things then red and blue did so i dont know where u are comming up with these tactics its pathetic they are remaking them just not yet im 100% sure they are going to and for the battery Why would people want to go buy another battery to relace it when its going to die Again and again so when u start over and save have ur pokemon at like level 100 the battery dies again and u start over again Its dumb they are going to remake it and add cool new features i was really happy with fire red and leaf green it was like playing a brand new game the graphics were amazing i expect it to come out in about 2008 and hte reason i didnt count red and blue is because they suck considering the technology now id always choose fire red and leaf green instead of red and blue i mean its not like the games have feelings lol... :)

~Bent~
25th July 2006, 10:00 PM
because fire red and leaf green didnt have Milotic HELLO ITS KANTO ITS NOT GOING TO HAVE MILOTICI wasn't talking about how Milotic (or rather, Feebas) is unavailable to catch. I was bothered more by the fact that even if you get a Feebas in another game and trade it, it will be impossible to evolve it.
they are remaking them just not yet im 100% sureShow me proof.

See? You can't.
and for the battery Why would people want to go buy another battery to relace it when its going to die Again and again so when u start over and save have ur pokemon at like level 100 the battery dies again and u start over again Its dumbIt takes about five years for a battery to die. Plus, some new batteries will have longer battery life than the ones that were in the original cartridges. And you conveniently forget that the batteries in newer games can die too. Some people have had their batteries die in Ruby and Sapphire, after all (and don't get this confused with the Berry Glitch, please).
they are going to remake it and add cool new featuresNo they're not.

The only reason they remade Red and Green was to obtain old Pokemon. We can obtain all Pokemon now. They don't need to remake Gold and Silver.
i expect it to come out in about 2008You are making a completely groundless assumption.
and hte reason i didnt count red and blue is because they suck considering the technology now id always choose fire red and leaf green instead of red and blue i mean its not like the games have feelings lol... :)So... graphics make the game? Does this mean that Pokemon XD was a bad game just because the graphics are bad? Does this mean they will remake Pokemon XD for the Wii?

Je suis meilleur
27th July 2006, 2:36 AM
I wish they would; but they won't.

FireRed and LeafGreen were pretty special anyway.....

PokemonAlways
5th August 2006, 4:33 AM
Yeah they Are remaking them I Went to Nintendo HeadQuarters and i saw the remakes its awsome they Are Halfway finished they said they will release them sometime in 2007 in japan and usa 2008 So Lol i cant Say anymore My lips are sealed they made me sign a contract so they can sue me lol but Be Reparted For A Amazing New World and a Previous one lol thats all im sayingg shhh :)

Trooper Guy
5th August 2006, 9:04 AM
Yeah they Are remaking them I Went to Nintendo HeadQuarters and i saw the remakes its awsome they Are Halfway finished they said they will release them sometime in 2007 in japan and usa 2008 So Lol i cant Say anymore My lips are sealed they made me sign a contract so they can sue me lol but Be Reparted For A Amazing New World and a Previous one lol thats all im sayingg shhh :)
Proof? Yeah, didn't think so. I've been seeing this BS in alot of your posts lately. They would not reveal something like that to a ordinary member of the public, mabey at E3, but not at their actual headquaters. Stop your baitly obvious lies. Why couldn't you just let this crap thread die?

Pikachu & Bonsly master
5th August 2006, 1:51 PM
If they do,I'm rushing to the stores,yup.
But,what would thh names be?
Shinning Silver
Glitter Gold
???

PokemonAlways
5th August 2006, 6:31 PM
i love making u made just the way u do idiot

Cipher Admin Seb
5th August 2006, 6:41 PM
I don't think they would make a remake of these games; it's probably for a reason why Lugia & Ho-oH are avaible via Colosseum and XD.

Trooper Guy
5th August 2006, 8:19 PM
i love making u made just the way u do idiot....No idea what this says, but this was probably directed at me. You're clearly an ignorant person who won't take in logic, or being asked to back up your claims. Your grammer is atroucious, and you still haven't shown us proof. Oh yeah silly me, it's because there is none. And childish insults don't help your case, btw.

darza77
5th August 2006, 9:36 PM
hey you guys gotta settle down take a god damn joke you fukking spazs, back on topic why not remake it im sure it would sell and it probably would be pretty cheap considering how small johto is so i do excpet it to happen and if you disagree than go cry about it some where else

PokemonAlways
5th August 2006, 10:48 PM
Lol Hes a total weirdo i dont know what his problem is i was just saying its Very Logical That nintendo is doing a remake of Gold and silver when i dont know Who cares?! as long as they remake it and you know that i did have alot of back up to claim my Theory so you dont have to lie about that and as for me my theory makes more sense then yours does your just whinning like a little idiot over nothing save it for when u get beat up you geek and who cares about spelling its a freaking Forum!!!!!! lmao u are the ... im not even gona start lol anyways they are going to remake the games its really obvious just because you dont like the idea doesnt mean its not gona come true i rest my case u lose i win dont relpy to me because we are finished!

darza77
5th August 2006, 10:51 PM
Lol Hes a total weirdo i dont know what his problem is i was just saying its Very Logical That nintendo is doing a remake of Gold and silver when i dont know Who cares?! as long as they remake it and you know that i did have alot of back up to claim my Theory so you dont have to lie about that and as for me my theory makes more sense then yours does your just whinning like a little idiot over nothing save it for when u get beat up you geek and who cares about spelling its a freaking Forum!!!!!! lmao u are the ... im not even gona start lol anyways they are going to remake the games its really obvious just because you dont like the idea doesnt mean its not gona come true i rest my case u lose i win dont relpy to me because we are finished!

100% agree i dont see why they wouldnt want to make a remake i would buy both of them

Trooper Guy
5th August 2006, 11:47 PM
Wow. There are far too many asshats on these forums. >.>

hey you guys gotta settle down take a god damn joke you fukking spazsWhy the hell are you insulting me? I did nothing to you. I don't even know who you are.

and if you disagree than go cry about it some where elseSo people who wouldn't want one, or think it's pointless to make one should keep quiet just to please people like you? No, that won't be happening.

Don't get yourself involved into situations which don't concern you. You ****ing tweenie.

Lol Hes a total weirdo i dont know what his problem is How am i a weirdo? I'm not the one who started flaming and coming at someone with pre-school insults. Why are you "Loling" at something unfunny? Your sense of humor is like your grammar: crap and atroucious. And i never said i had a problem. You clearly do, however. You're clearly someone who can't accept when he's been proven wrong.

as long as they remake it and you know that i did have alot of back up to claim my Theory so you dont have to lie about that Your so-called "theroys" are actually false claims you tried to pass off as fact that hold no water.

and as for me my theory makes more sense then yours does your just whinning like a little idiot over nothing save it for when u get beat up you geek and who cares about spelling its a freaking Forum!!!!!!How the hell is me asking you to back up what you pass off as fact, whining, exactly? And about spelling, loads of people, or it wouldn't be in the rules. And i was actually talking about the way you present your words, not the spelling. And who's going to beat me up exactly, you? Don't make me laugh. You are clearly an imbecile. Now run along little child, and go get your Action Man figure from the school bully.

lmao u are the ... im not even gona startLmfao. That the best you got? Come better than that. And yes i agree, you shouldn't start. Delete your account, you moomin.

lol anyways they are going to remake the games its really obvious just because you dont like the idea doesnt mean its not gona come true i rest my case u lose i win dont relpy to me because we are finished!
So because they made references to Johto and G/S/C, that's your proof that they are going to remake them? Please. And just because you got bullied and taunted for liking pokemon at your school, doesn't mean you should join a forum and start flaming people who disagree with what you say. You're probably a couple of nerds who get robbed for their lunch money and have their ties pulled.

And fyi, i'll reply to whoever i want, and a couple of nerds will not tell me different.

EDIT: Seeing as Admins/Mods can see deleted posts anyway, i may as well put all this into one post:

hey................he started itThat coming from the guy who called me a "fukkin spaz". I did nothing to you. In fact, who the hell are you? You grammar is even worse. ;/

Hey ***got what crawled up your ****ing ***? why you gotta be such douchebagWow, guess i was right. You really are a spastic. You insult me, i'll insult you back. Way to be original btw and use my own disses against me, i'd of never of seen that coming. *Gives a round of applause*

***** go play in traffic hahaha good one funny guy you got any more of that grad A material dude dont call me a prick you stupid *** douchebag dont start shitt you pedifile babyrapping son of a *****Don't call me a douchebag, you laughable excuse of a human. I'm WAY too much for you, so you may as well just stop.

whohoho wankstain wow good one their buddyThank you. And i'm not your "buddy".

you stupid redneck *********** mutha****a,you hope my mom dies of cancerI do, why would i lie? Chickensh*t, what kinda grade school diss is that? And last time i checked, i'm British, so how am i a redneck, again?

hmph thats what i call a pussy shot going after peoples family ***gott but i guess you dont have anything more to sayTrust me, i have got plenty more things to say about you. Btw, you say me going after family members is a "pussy shot", but you decide to attack gay people in the process by using the insult "***g*t". The hypocrisy is outstanding. Oh btw, i'm not homo, so how the word "***gott" has got anything to do with me, i don't know.

edit:and Trooper guy please dont judge all new members badly just because of a few idiotsMeh, i guess you're right. Normally, i'd never do that, but these guys just got me annoyed.

Our argument ends NOW.

darza77
6th August 2006, 12:21 AM
Wow. There are far too many asshats on these forums. >.>

Don't insult me, you wankstain. Go and play in traffic. Prick.

So people who wouldn't want one, or think it's pointless to make one should keep quiet just to please douchebags like you? No, that won't be happening.

How am i a weirdo? I'm not the one flaming and coming at someone with pre-school insults. Why are you "Loling" at something unfunny? Your sense of humor is crap. And i never said i had a problem. You clearly do, however. You're clearly a f*cktard who can't accept when he's been proven wrong.

Your so-called "theroys" are actually retarded claims you tried to pass off as fact that hold no water.

How the hell is me asking you to back up what you pass off as fact, whining, exactly? And about spelling, loads of people, or it wouldn't be in the rules. And who's going to beat me up exactly, you? Don't make me laugh. Like i said, you tit. You are clearly an imbecile who will hopefully die of AIDs in the not-to distant future *crosses fingers*. Now run along little child, and go get your Action Man figure from the school bully. C*nt.

Lmfao. That the best you got? Come better than that, you tosser. And yes i agree, you shouldn't start. Delete your account, prick.

So because they made references to Johto and G/S/C, that's your proof that they are going to remake them? BWAHAHAHAHA!! You're such an idiot, it's unbelievable. And just because you got bullied and taunted for liking pokemon at your school, doesn't mean you should join a forum and start flaming people who disagree with what you say. You're probably a couple of nerds who get robbed for their lunch money and have their ties pulled. The pair of you are just a huge waste of skins and lives. Pair of spastics.

Idiot, kindly leap off a bridge, and take your just as retarded looser sidekick with you. And fyi, i'll reply to whoever the f*ck i want, and a couple of noobs will not tell me different.

I'm starting to really dislike new members. >.>

Hey ***got what crawled up your ****ing ***? why you gotta be such douchebag ***** go play in traffic hahaha good one funny guy you got any more of that grad A material dude dont call me a prick you stupid *** douchebag dont start shitt you pedifile babyrapping son of a ***** well back on topic they will amke a remake

TeamPez2
6th August 2006, 12:27 AM
the gramar and idocy in this thread is killing me...
edit:and Trooper guy please dont judge all new members badly just because of a few idiots

darza77
6th August 2006, 12:29 AM
hey................he started it

darza77
6th August 2006, 12:36 AM
whohoho wankstain wow good one their buddy you stupid redneck *********** mutha****a,you hope my mom dies of cancer hmph thats what i call a pussy shot going after peoples family ***gott but i guess you dont have anything more to say

Back on topic- if they make a remake when do you think it would come out?

darza77
6th August 2006, 12:43 AM
Ok i got an idea lets stick to the topic im sick of arguing ive been doing it all day and its pissing me off

Trooper Guy
6th August 2006, 12:45 AM
Ok i got an idea lets stick to the topic im sick of arguing ive been doing it all day and its pissing me offGood idea. This arguing is childish and pointless.

darza77
6th August 2006, 12:46 AM
and somebody was bound to report one of these posts

Cipher Admin Seb
6th August 2006, 2:55 AM
Okay, stop it. Now.

This is a G/S/C discussion thread, if it was a spamming thread, the title would have been "Spam to get warned!" or something like that. I would really like you guys to get back on topic.

Trooper Guy
6th August 2006, 3:01 AM
Okay, stop it. Now.

This is a G/S/C discussion thread, if it was a spamming thread, the title would have been "Spam to get warned!" or something like that. I would really like you guys to get back on topic.You're a bit late, Mr. mini referee. We did stop. Quite a while ago. And fyi, there was a flame war at the very start of this thread.

PokemonAlways
7th August 2006, 1:49 AM
lol omg ur such a loser me bullied about likeing pokemon at school? never ur just mad cuz i called u a geek people at our school are cool about pokemon they dont really care and everyone gets along with each other... just dont talk to me anymore whatever im not going to argue over a pokemon game if they remake it cool if not who cares i dont anyways why would u wish some1 to die from aids... aids is a serious problem that alot of people are affected from dont make fun of people like that u dont know what will happen to urself just calm down already geez dont get all emotional over a game its just a game in the end it doesnt matter annd u dont have to Curse at "darza77" hes a cool person so dont be hatin lol hes my homie g haha well anyways hope they remake it....

Trooper Guy
7th August 2006, 9:05 AM
Why are you starting again? Me and your mate buried the hatchet and you come back causing trouble again.

lol omg ur such a loser me bullied about likeing pokemon at school?You clearly can't have a civil conversation with people without trying to insult them.

never ur just mad cuz i called u a geek people at our school are cool about pokemon they dont really care and everyone gets along with each other...And when i went to school, people didn't care wheither you played pokemon or not. Not everyone got on with each other however, as the world isn't that perfect. You probably do have trouble with social skills, thus you come on a pokemon forum and insult people who disagree with what you try to pass off as fact. You obviously were bullied in school, as you clearly haven't learnt how to use capital letters, or paragraphs.

just dont talk to me anymore whatever im not going to argue over a pokemon game if they remake it cool if not who cares i dont anywaysYou clearly do care, or you wouldn't of come back here. You want one, and you made that point quite clear earlier in this thread. But you were saying that like it was going to happen, and saying it will. People asked you for proof. When you lie, it only comes back to haunt you. God, people trying to insult and argue with me over a Pokemon game.

why would u wish some1 to die from aids... aids is a serious problem that alot of people are affected from dont make fun of people like that u dont know what will happen to urselfI say very horrible words when idiots p*ss me off (sorry if anybody else who read that was offended, aside from you). I wasn't simply making fun, i was actually insulting you.

EDIT: I just clocked (noticed) what you said. Actually no, I'm not going to catch AIDs. Why? Because i'm someone who likes to use their brain and listen to the consiquences of unprotected sex. Not my fault if people choose to catch fatal diseases because of a moment of madness...

just calm down already geez dont get all emotional over a game its just a game in the end it doesnt matterI'm calm, or else i wouldn't of agreed to let this go. You're crying over a video game, and crying when someone insults you back. And you're right, it doesn't matter.

annd u dont have to Curse at "darza77" hes a cool person so dont be hatin lol hes my homie g haha well anyways hope they remake it....True, i shouldn't have dropped to his level. But i really don't care how "cool" he is, i don't like being insulted. You can't insult people and expect nothing to happen back, that is not, i repeat NOT how life works.

Damn f*cking straight i'ma G, recognise.

Cipher Admin Seb
8th August 2006, 3:46 AM
You're a bit late, Mr. mini referee. We did stop.
Sure you did.

Trooper Guy
8th August 2006, 9:09 AM
Sure you did.
Are me and darza77 arguing right now? That's what i thought.

EDIT: This isn't to any of you lot, but i just had to get this off my chest:
Please don't ever PM me to tell me how to handle a situation. I handle things my own way and i don't like .com people telling me what i should or shouldn't do. Thank you.

PokemonAlways
13th August 2006, 6:25 AM
Why are you starting again? Me and your mate buried the hatchet and you come back causing trouble again.

You clearly can't have a civil conversation with people without trying to insult them.

And when i went to school, people didn't care wheither you played pokemon or not. Not everyone got on with each other however, as the world isn't that perfect. You probably do have trouble with social skills, thus you come on a pokemon forum and insult people who disagree with what you try to pass off as fact. You obviously were bullied in school, as you clearly haven't learnt how to use capital letters, or paragraphs.

You clearly do care, or you wouldn't of come back here. You want one, and you made that point quite clear earlier in this thread. But you were saying that like it was going to happen, and saying it will. People asked you for proof. When you lie, it only comes back to haunt you. God, people trying to insult and argue with me over a Pokemon game.

I say very horrible words when nerds p*ss me off (sorry if anybody else who read that was offended, aside from you). I wasn't simply making fun, i was actually insulting you.

I'm calm, or else i wouldn't of agreed to let this go. You're crying over a video game, and crying when someone insults you back. And you're right, it doesn't matter.

True, i shouldn't have dropped to his level. But i really don't care how "cool" he is, i don't like being insulted. You can't insult people and expect nothing to happen back, that is not, i repeat NOT how life works.

Just shut up geez ur the Geekiest person ive ever met in my whole life you have dumb excuses and u need to take a look in the mirror before calling someone a geek and i called u a geek first so get ur own Disses u dont need to steal someone elses insults u have nothing better to show so Just stop quoting me!!!! leave me alone Get a lifeEEE u Internet 24-7 GEEK NERD WHATEVER U ARE!!! STOP TALKING TO ME AND QUOTING ME!!! some of us have better things to do then argue with some nerd whose probably like 38 years old!!! and still a virgin lol

Always: pokemon Guy :)

Trooper Guy
13th August 2006, 1:08 PM
Why the hell are you starting again? You prick.

Just shut up geez ur the Geekiest person ive ever met in my whole life
Just what i thought. You have nothing else to say on the matter, so you MUST resort to insults (yes, I'm aware that I'm using insults as well, but it's not like he doesn't deserve it.). :D

you have dumb excuses and u need to take a look in the mirror before calling someone a geek and i called u a geek first so get ur own Disses
I looked in the mirror, i looked fine and people NEVER called me a geek, so guess what that means, b*tch. You fail. :(

u dont need to steal someone elses insults u have nothing better to show so Just stop quoting me!!!! leave me alone
How did i steal your insults? Did YOU make them up yourself? No? Then kindly shut up. I'll leave you alone when you stop quoting me. Put down the cheese balls, get out of your mum's basement and go get a social life. *idea* :o

Get a lifeEEE u Internet 24-7 GEEK NERD WHATEVER U ARE!!! STOP TALKING TO ME AND QUOTING ME!!!
I swear you're online more than i am. Get some REAL LIFE friends, instead of arguing with someone on the internet. You keep on quoting me and then you whine when i do the same. Great use of logic there.... :rolleyes:

some of us have better things to do then argue with some nerd whose probably like 38 years old!!! and still a virgin lol
Says the guy who comes back on a pokemon forum to finish a loosing argument. :rolleyes: And i'm 16 jfyi. Oh, don't you have checkers and nap time at the nursing home, old man? I think you're the only chav who is a virgin. Actually, it's good that you are a virgin, as that means there'll be less pricks like you running around. Now kindly jump off a bridge. You E-chav. :D

Always: pokemon Guy :)
You have got to be the most retarded, nerdy and idiotic person i've ever met. Go get a bloody life, seeing as you're oh-so-much cooler than me[sarcasm] :)

gfg.

PokemonAlways
13th August 2006, 4:07 PM
see there u go again use ur own insults if u want to win a argue ment i already said ur the most geekiest person here and Wow how am i on more then u are when every 10 days i reply and u relpy to me right awaly! that means ur on more then me and who said ur winning anything there is no prize dumb A .S. S get a Life already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trooper Guy
13th August 2006, 4:56 PM
I swear, you are REALLY starting to get on my nerves....

see there u go again use ur own insults if u want to win a argue ment
Like i said, did you make up those insults on your own? No, so kindly have a glass of STFU.

You'll never, EVER win a debate, until you stop insulting people who ask you for proof to back up what you pass off as fact, and accept when you have been beaten.

i already said ur the most geekiest person here and Wow how am i on more then u are when every 10 days i reply and u relpy to me right awaly!
It's also known as coincidence. You post a reply to whatever i type, and i happen to either check the latest posts for 5 minutes, or be online at the same time. Damn, I'm trying to drop this, and you keep coming at me with your childish insults. You f*cking pleb.

that means ur on more then me
No it doesn't, you moron. I've already explained why it's a coincidence.

and who said ur winning anything there is no prize dumb A .S. S get a Life already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then why do YOU keep replying, huh? Let's start with that one first. You claim you're so awesome and sooo much better than i am, yet you feel the need to respond to my every post. You keep saying i'm dumb, yet an indication that i'm smarter than you is that i know basic grammar and punctuation. You waste of skin.

GET A SOCIAL LIFE YOU HYPOCRITICAL INBREED!!

I hope this thread gets closed soon, there's been nothing but flame wars and pointless debates from the very start...*reports*

SneazzL.com
13th August 2006, 6:42 PM
I swear, you are REALLY starting to get on my nerves....

Like i said, did you make up those insults on your own? No, so kindly have a glass of STFU.

You'll never, EVER win a debate, until you stop insulting people who ask you for proof to back up what you pass off as fact, and accept when you have been beaten.

The fact is i'm on here less than you. I'm trying to drop this, and you keep coming at me with childish insults. You flippin' idiot.

Then why do YOU keep replying, huh? Let's start with that one first. You claim you're so awesome and sooo much better than i am, yet you feel the need to respond to my every post. You keep saying i'm dumb, yet an indication that i'm smarter than you is that i know basic grammer and punctuation. You stupid waste of skin.

GET A SOCIAL LIFE YOU HYPOCRITICAL INBREED!!

I hope this thread gets closed soon, there's been nothing but flame wars and pointless debates from the very start...*reports*
This guy is TOTALLY right,
Everybody keep talking about the lame REMAKE
But there wont JUST NO NO NO NO NO
Is it so hard to read that little word, >>>NO<<<

Alright?

*Calmed Down*

dabattousai
16th August 2006, 2:35 AM
After hearing that there are contests in Johto in the May Vs Drew Final Battle episode, I am thinking that they will remake Gleaming Gold and Shining Silver (as I like to call it) for the DS so that Johto has the Super Contest deal and also the DS has a built-in clock and calender so the day and night feature won't wear the battery life.

Also may I add that Generation 3 is suppose to be a correspondence to Generation 1 and both those Generations were released on the GBA and so that would make Generation 4 correspond with Generation 2 and it would make sense to release G/S on the DS.

Sir Devious
16th August 2006, 5:43 AM
Sure hope so. Doubt it (highly) though... :(

PolarisJunkie
20th August 2006, 2:25 AM
I'd love a remake of G/S. Having my Team of Pidgey, Mareep and Totodile again is a very fun thought. ^^

Sombrero
20th August 2006, 10:12 AM
G/S/C doesn't NEED a remake, you can still play it but I can't play R/B/Y because the graphic is so bad. But I would be happy too if it ahs a remake because then my favorite game has a remake and i could trade my favorite pokemon to this edition

Trooper Guy
20th August 2006, 11:33 PM
^^R/G/B/Y are awesome games, and the graphics shouldn't stop you from playing them. Why i was playing Red a few hours ago, and remembering how good the games were. So simple and there weren't so many.

On topic, i'd like a G/S/C remake, as long as it's NOT like Fr/Lg, it has more Johto pokemon and it doesn't have that watered-down Kanto in it.

It won't happen, because it is uneccessary and actually a waste of resources in this point in time. Mabey for DS in the future, though.

Deokishisu
21st August 2006, 7:46 PM
I really hope there are remakes. I just want them to leave it alone if they do. We didn't need the Sevii Island crap in Fr/Lg and we don't need it in a G/S/C remake either. I just want better graphics and 3rd and 4th gen compatibility.

Zephray
27th August 2006, 2:50 PM
it defintly would be great to see the improved Silver, Gold, and Crystal games. Silver is my alltime favorite game, and id love seeing it remade in this new generation. Plus, it would be great to see Johto in all it's glory, remade so it looks like a brand new Johto (even new places!)

It would be the beginning of an ultimate adventure. Only things i would change, is i would put "Neo Team Rocket" in there, and also, i would make Pryce the leader of it, like in the manga.

HERLS
1st September 2006, 6:20 PM
Now, I'm not normally the guy to bump, but I thought I'd share my opinions on this.

Well, let's see. Pokemon GSC were second generation. We are currently in the third Generation so it's pretty much a definate no, at the moment. Whilst it's entirely possible for there to be a remake in the fourth or fifth gen, but Nintendo recreating it one Gen after would be plain stupid, and unnecessary.

I, for one, would love it as much as the next guy, but it wouldn't be as profitable for Ninty, either. Why? Well, currently this gen, it's near enough impossible to catch every 'mon unless you have/trade with+to the following games: Fr, Lg, R, S, E, XD, Col and going to a special event. By releasing a GSC remake, they'd be cutting off E, XD and Colloseum, of which most fans buy plainly to catch them all. I admit though, I am pretty P***ed that they spead out the Johto 'mon between every game of this gen. I mean, c'mon, it's only 100 pokemon, but they had to make them all so hard to get!

So that's how I see the situation. Perhaps they could, in future gen's, remake the game, but I can't see it any time soon. And, on a side-note, PokemonForever made me actually laugh out loud. Every post he/she's made in this topic is plainly hilarious.

Edit: Y'know how someone argued that GSC was more of a test, and Nintendo just wanted to leave it behind? Well, I'm really starting to think that's true. I've been browsing the Nintendo website, and I can't find a trace of anything remotely GSC. It still has the originals in the database, but no gold/silver.

bigboss1022
3rd September 2006, 3:37 AM
I denfinatly hope there isn't a remake. These are my favorite games for a reason and having remakes would ruin that.
thats stupid how would it ruin it it makes it better

muckers
6th September 2006, 6:46 PM
thats stupid how would it ruin it it makes it better

Better graphics don't mean a better game.

The reason so many people love Gold and Silver as they are is because it's when Pokemon was at its height of popularity - I remember the sheer volume of hype surrounding the games. I mean, they were announced and then for a whole year we hear NOTHING.

Then details began to trickle through...it was an exciting time to be into Pokemon.

I guess people don't want them remade because it would ruin that nostalgic aspect for them, and I have to say I agree.

I like the graphics, sprites and battle animations as they are. Sure, they don't look as good as R/S/E/FR/LG graphics but the gameplay is there and that's what counts.

Still - that's no reason for NOT making a remake. Those that want to buy and play a remake can do so, and if you don't want to...well, then don't buy teh game!

PokemonAlways
30th September 2006, 8:00 AM
I Agree With you. I would love a Gold silver remake that would be great i have no clue if they are making one i was 90% sure they would but now im just at 50%-50% i have no clue what made Johto series amazing was the story line and the diffrence and all the new additions from red blue and yellow alot of people would agrue but thats one point the story line was great too plus haveing 2 regions in one thats really cool. I sugest if they make a remake
1 Have 2 regions just like before
2. 2D Graphics like Diamond and Pearl
3 release a few hidden pokemon that were ment to be for that region but 4. were taken off the original 100 new pokemon
5. Edit/ update the guy and girl and rival charecters

Oathblivion
30th September 2006, 8:18 PM
I would like remakes for one reason, and one reason only. So that I might be able to play again. My silver is busted. If you jar it even a little, it glitches up. You can't trade, and the internal battery is so far gone that not even 124:30 hrs. of gameplay could bring it back to life. (It did work for a little while, so the chain will stay in my sig though...)

I would love for the games to remain as they are, but what good is it if I can't play the original anymore? If nintendo could do it right, they would be a blessing.

PS, to avoid making another topic: It is nigh impossible to find a new Silver (or gold or crystal for that matter). Have any of you had bad experiences with used ones? I can imagine that the battery will be 60% depleted already, and they may or may not work. I do want to play 2nd gen. again, but I'm at a loss for what to do...

PokemonAlways
1st October 2006, 9:14 AM
hmmm i personally have had one thing bad happen with my silver version ITS

LOST!!!! lol i relllllllly do want a remake too though the games were amazing

and the gameplay was good too i wish they would remake them hopefully

soon. but i do wona get to play the games again i miss silver and johto region

it was a great or shall i say the best one of all !!!!!

ForeverFlame
1st October 2006, 7:22 PM
I'm hoping for a Nintendo Wii Gold/Silver Revamp, myself. With Nintendo Wii, the "Golden Sky", "Silver Ocean" and "Crystal Moon" games can become the first actual 'Pokemon Journey' type of RPG in 3D. If they do this, then they'd probably cut out Kanto (because of FR/LG) and add a brand-new region like the Sevii Islands. Or they could just add onto the Sevii Islands, creating seven new islands. I'm just throwing some ideas in, but I like them. Maybe my ideas will create some new GSC Revamp supporters? I doubt it...

Anyway, there could be four gym-like areas, like in the Orange Islands, where you have to do an assortment of tasks and puzzles to get four medals or trophies or something. Once you get all four, you can access the Fourteen Island Colluseum, where you battle in a tournament-like event. If you manage to win, then you recieve a (Insert Random Unobtainable Fourth-Gen Legend Here).

There can also be a Celebi sub-plot, where you can actually catch Celebi, and (Depending on Which Version You Get) you can catch Lugia/Ho-Oh before the Elite Four. I'm not really a ShadowPokemon/Johto supporter...

On Fifteenth Island, you can catch Mew, and on Sixteenth Island you can catch Jirachi. Those two islands are unlocked vai [I was thinking of some sort of Bonus Disk that's given away at Nintendo Events, by pre-ordering the game, or by buying a certain DVD of the Anime...].

That's what I'm hoping a Second Generation remake would be like. If they do this, then we can finally complete our Third Generation Pokedex and our Fourth Generation Pokemon without going to events.

~Bent~
2nd October 2006, 3:41 AM
I really wouldn't want a revamp so much as I'd want a completely new game featuring Johto. It was a great region, and all the "problems" of G/S/C could be just as easily solved by making a sequel as by making a remake. It wouldn't feel so "just out there for money"-ish either.

Kaze-one
2nd October 2006, 5:51 AM
In the intermediate between the release of D/P and the 5th gen games (say, 2 1/2 years?) I would like to see a DS game, not really a remake, featuring the Johto and Orange Island/Sevii Island regions.
This would not be a full fledged new game, and frankly, I wouldn't want it to have much story at all. It can focus more on training and, y'know, actual pokemon. What I would like, however, is an intermediate generation. About 20-30 new monsters since D/P has such a small number of truly new ones. This could also help to balance out some metagame issues, namely, by adding 10 or so brand new fire pokemon to a small pool (there were no new fire pokemon other than evos and the starter line in D/P).
but NO new legendaries/ubers

Johto was by far the coolest region, with BY FAR the best pokemon, and a revisitation would be great.

Pokemon: Golden Sky and Pokemon: Silver Moon would be perfect names.

Dan CiTi
6th October 2006, 6:10 AM
If they will remake it it MUST have:
-The pokegear shall return but with all the Orginal features plus all the PokeNav/tch features.

-Obviously a VS seeker or the abilty to rechallange trainers and gym leaders.

-Make Falkner stronger.He was just lame when I battled him resently.

-make it for DS with D/P graphics.

-Have Johto, Kanto, Sevii Islands, Orange Islands, Battle Frontier(NOT Hoenn).

-obvious graphical, gamplay, gamplay mechanic, & pokemon/dex upgrades.
^doulbe battles, contests, etc. would fit in that.

- Have atleast 2 rivals: Silver & Marina. Also RED should still appear in Mt.Silver...maybe a few more places too.

I would love a remake...it would be incredable. GSC are By far the coolest games. If nintendo plays their cards right they can restore this game with tons more content and don't make it look/be like a money-maker it would be godly.

shinigami13
11th October 2006, 7:31 PM
I really think there will be remakes seeing how Nintendo probably knows that if they made one they would sell quite a lot and since Gold/Silver is the second most fast selling Pokemon game (with 1,425,768 unis on their first week) I've also heard people saying probably not since they came out with Diamond/Pearl I find that reason stupid since they still did Fire Red/Leaf Green even though they had just made Ruby/Sapphire and it will probably be for DS not GBA tha's why they migh have taken some time in making it for GBA they could make a remake of Pokemon Yellow

Drummerdude
12th October 2006, 2:29 AM
It wouldn't make any difference to me. I mean if I get it or not it won't ruin the franchise or anything like that. I don't see why people are upset about it. It might not even happen and people are worrying about it.

Metagross
14th October 2006, 8:34 PM
even if they made a remake it would take ages and take the sting out of it.

Reflect
15th October 2006, 9:58 PM
man itll be great to have a remake of these games, i used to play them when i was like 10 years old and its such a nostalgic game i wanna play it again but the graphics of the color sucks :[

Louie
17th October 2006, 6:06 PM
i think the only possibilities for a remake would be:
a future ds remake of g/s/c
or a fan remake on a r*m.
id actually look forward to a remake if it was announced, but i dont know.
and a fan remake wouldn't be that good either, since more likely than not they'd just put stuff in that'd seem cool to them. like wild celebi's or something daft. so i wouldnt really get my hopes up for that.
so im guessing the most plausible would be a ds remake in the future.

zipzap713
17th October 2006, 11:15 PM
I DO!!!!!! who wouldn't want a GSC remake

RPG Maker
18th October 2006, 1:51 AM
Lets say Nintendo/Game Freak decided to make a reamke of Gold and Silver for the DS. What kinds of things would be added? What do you think would improve the game?

Of course if there ever was one (sigh but never going to happen but we can dream), all the Diamond and Pearl features are inclued and the graphics.

- Levels of Johto Gyms and the Elite Four's Pokemon increased.

- Add new areas (in the maps that have been drawn, there seems to be some land to the right and above Johto/Kanto).

- Since its on the DS, no more battery problem.

- Levels of Kanto Gym Leader's Pokemon increased.

- More content added Kanto.

What do you think? This topic is not about if should Gold and Silver get a remake but if there ever was one what you would like to see done to improve the game.

serebiimadness
18th October 2006, 4:22 AM
i would love a remake, but like any other remake, its never quite as good as the original. sure itll give u the nostalgia, but its nothing like playing a good old fashioned glitch ridden pixelated pokemon game.