PDA

View Full Version : Can't PM.

Alakazam
22nd October 2006, 1:19 PM
I have tried to PM myself and my friend and it won't work. I don't believe that I have done anything wrong to lose my privlages. Does anyone know what happened? Or, could a mod check to see if I did something wrong?

futuramagirl
22nd October 2006, 1:36 PM
I have no idea what happened either. It hasn't happened to me before maybe you accidently did something wrong ages ago- You've been on here since 2005.

Cipher 2008
22nd October 2006, 1:41 PM
It might be something to do with the ? symbol in your name. Of course, that's just my guess. I really have no idea. :p

I suggest contacting a moderator about it if possible. I'm sure they'll try to help you out. :)

Alakazam
22nd October 2006, 1:54 PM
I believe it is because of the symbols in my and my friend's names.

futuramagirl
22nd October 2006, 2:04 PM
It could be ask Serebii.

Black Mage
22nd October 2006, 2:22 PM
Are you even able to PM yourself?

~TS ;121;;373;

Alakazam
22nd October 2006, 2:27 PM
Nope. I can PM Jess. I think it is only for people with symbols in their name.

Meganium Ex
22nd October 2006, 2:44 PM
Its because of some bugs in the new server, since the old server kept going offline. Apprently, no effort has been made at all to fix it as far as I can tell

Sailor Merury
22nd October 2006, 5:11 PM
Yep. You need to change your name to not have a Symbol.

Alakazam
22nd October 2006, 6:56 PM
I am awaiting a name change. Please hurry up Fox!

ΩOmega WeavileΩ
22nd October 2006, 7:22 PM
Yeah, its the symbols in the name. Im suffering from this too. I too need a name change...

Swampy
22nd October 2006, 7:51 PM
I am awaiting a name change. Please hurry up Fox!
Give him time, he is a busy person....and he prolly has one of those high-tech thingys called a "life". ;\

As previously stated by some of the above posters, there is a problem with the PM system in which any members with something other then a letter or number in their name cannot be PMed. Hopefully, this problem will be corrected in due time. However, it isn't going to kill you to just have a regular username like everyone else. ;\

Alakazam
23rd October 2006, 1:55 AM
So do I. It has been 1 month+ since he has closed the thread for the name changes.

Shining Mew
23rd October 2006, 2:07 AM
Nope. I can PM Jess. I think it is only for people with symbols in their name.

It is about the symbols. When I tried to PM you back, it wouldnt let me send it. Nor can I edit sigs with symbols as I found out yesterday, Joe knows about this, and he said hed talk to ric to see if it can be fixed. I think thats what he said at any rate.

To be honest, I forgot about the name change thread. Fox was in the hospital for a bit so thats why he wasnt making changes. Ill work on getting it back up to speed by the end of this week. Id do it now, but Im in the middle of writing 5 ****ing essays for english 8D!!!!!

Maybe we should just make it a "rule" that you cant have the symbols in your name so no one has to deal with these problems... its pretty annoying. Or at least until the whole thing is fixed, if it ever is. Agree?

edit: but since we;'re both on now... Ill do this quickly.. what do you want to change your name to?