PDA

View Full Version : Iron Wok Jan

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th October 2006, 12:40 AM
Anyone else read this? I swear, it makes me hungry. I'd love to try some of the recipies in it (read: SOME. I don't think I could stomach salamander or deer tendons).

That Scary Clefairy
25th October 2006, 3:28 AM
i read some of it and it is a good series. I tried getting Blue KiKatana into this but he can't find it anywhere. I believe it's about 30 something volumes long. hard to find though even though its still contiuing in US.

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th October 2006, 4:42 AM
30 volumes long? Wow.

And yeah, it's pretty hard to find. I was stalled out at volume 10 for a while because I couldn't find anyone who sold past that.

shinyrayquaza
26th October 2006, 1:54 AM
I really like this anime, even though i've only seen one issue. i picked up issue 2 at my library. I would also like to try some of those recipes. also, Jan is such a badass. The mushroom thingy was genius!

That Scary Clefairy
26th October 2006, 3:01 AM
I really like this anime, even though i've only seen one issue. i picked up issue 2 at my library. I would also like to try some of those recipes. also, Jan is such a badass. The mushroom thingy was genius!

there is no anime to this series, just a manga :)

Blackjack Gabbiani
26th October 2006, 3:30 AM
There *should* be an anime, though. It would be great.

That Scary Clefairy
26th October 2006, 3:33 AM
most food based or realted manga series don't usually make it to anime. To me they stick better as a manga. Another food manga that's cool is called Curry Addict. I love that one.

Neko Godot
26th October 2006, 3:40 AM
Sounds interesting. I may give this manga a read sometime.

That Scary Clefairy
26th October 2006, 6:28 AM
Sounds interesting. I may give this manga a read sometime.

It's hard to find though but good luck trying to find it.

shinyrayquaza
29th October 2006, 5:41 PM
true, i cant even find it on wikipedia, so it's not very well known. that doesnt stop it from owning, though...

KyonKyon
5th November 2006, 10:24 AM
reminds me of great cooking boy

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th November 2006, 8:52 AM
What's Great Cooking Boy?

Super-Staff
6th November 2006, 7:54 PM
I've read up to volume 7 of Iron Wok Jan. It's such a great series! :D I think I might also try some of the recipes on there.

Blackjack Gabbiani
9th November 2006, 8:07 AM
Oh, like what?

shinyrayquaza
12th November 2006, 11:49 PM
I actually made Egg custard for my family for lunch like last week (HAD 2 GO 2 CHINATOWN 2 FIND BLACKBONED CHICKEN EGGS, THO.) Turned out not as rich as i thought it would though...

Blackjack Gabbiani
15th November 2006, 10:29 PM
Ooh, egg custard.

What do you think caused the change?

WheelerTheViper
27th November 2006, 1:30 AM
I skimmed through one issue once. Looked sorta interesting, and I saw the main character beat the crap out of himself for some reason (blood everywhere!)...I got in trouble with the store owner so I couldn't finish it though. Anyone know what I'm tlking about, and would care to fill me in?

Blackjack Gabbiani
27th November 2006, 2:10 AM
Jan is a perfectionist, and when he fails at something or doesn't live up to his own standards, he's his own worst enemy. He also has an incredibly violent temper, so he targets that at himself in those situations.