PDA

View Full Version : All Portraits Revamped

.Bright Side.
27th October 2006, 3:55 AM
Every character Portrait form the TCG pokemon game for Gameboy has been revamped by me:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m238/Snackerbacker/Revampedportraits.png

You like?

SOLCLOBBER
27th October 2006, 4:15 AM
.. ..Interesting.. .. ..Not sell-worthy though.. ..(Copies, pastes, saves, makes copies, sells on Ebay.).. .. ..I lied.

Psychic
27th October 2006, 5:25 AM
Well, they're not exactly impressive. Nor are they real Revamps.

Sure, you did do a nice job recoloring them, but recoloring isn't revamping. Revamping is fixing a sprite- the outlines and the shading as well as the colors. The shading on these sprites is poor- you have to really create your own, adding on to spots that already have shadows and highlights, make completely new ones in other place. Especially on their faces, which right now are much too flat, and by editing it, you would also do things like make the eyes white instead of the skin color. :/

These are okay, but they’re very simple and easy. Although they do look pretty good, they can still be better. I think you could have put in a bit more effort revamping them, though, but maybe you also just don’t know much about revamping. =P

Meh, just keep trying. Check out the tutorials- there are plenty of them dealing with revamping. And have a look at other people's revamps too, just to get a general idea of what you need to do.

~Psychic

The Scizor Master
27th October 2006, 5:36 AM
it basically just adding lighter colors there needs to be more shading (3 sets).

btw pokemon tcg for GB is a really fun game.

Chaotic Pink
27th October 2006, 10:06 AM
They're recoloured really, because the shading hasn't been worked on. You need to work on shading before you can really call them "Revamps"!

nashie1
27th October 2006, 6:14 PM
As others have said, these aren't revamps just recolours. You need to do custom shading and the coloured outline thing. Look up a tutorial. the same thing goes for pokemon as with these.