PDA

View Full Version : Fullmetal Alchemist -- redux

Ketsuban
27th October 2006, 8:43 PM
The last thread is more than a month old, so...

Why do threads for this series keep dying, anyway?

Anyone else read chapter 64 yet? Oh, god.

Selim is so gay for Ed.

Neko Godot
27th October 2006, 8:53 PM
Never read this manga myself, I heard that it was pretty good though.

Ketsuban
28th October 2006, 2:01 AM
It is! It's very good! If you like the FMA anime, you'll probably like the manga, so long as you can set aside the vast major differences between the two and try not to compare them.

HK
31st October 2006, 2:47 AM
The last thread is more than a month old, so...

Why do threads for this series keep dying, anyway?

It's not Naruto or One Piece. Now then, I'll await the possible backlash and accusations that I hate both series...

Anyone else read chapter 64 yet? Oh, god.

Selim is so gay for Ed.

Naw, Selim would go for Al. The armor's a major turn-on; hell, metal in general (Winry can vouch for that).

The ending to this past chapter was rather interesting. The Armstrong family seems to be quite varied, and I dare say that Arakawa might being trying to make Fullmetal Alchemist into the likes of an epic.

Ketsuban
31st October 2006, 8:02 PM
If metal's a turn-on, there are those sexy limbs of Ed's. Maybe they could have a three-way. Actually, I think Selim is probably going to have an important role in the manga but I really hope he doesn't wind up like he did in the anime. My theory is he's there to test just whether or not homunculi can have feelings like humans.

Armstrong's sister is LOL.

Korobooshi Kojiro
31st October 2006, 10:11 PM
Wait, the manga is still going?

Ketsuban
31st October 2006, 11:23 PM
Yes! The 64th chapter came out this month.

Hagane_Gir
1st November 2006, 4:45 AM
I've only read up to and including volume 8, but I'm gonna blitz through to volume 14 over the week..

Konosuke
4th November 2006, 5:45 AM
Wait, the manga is still going?

Yes, the manga and the anime deviate around where Hughes dies, so the manga is still going on o.o

BattleFranky~40
4th November 2006, 5:50 AM
The manga and anime deviate during the Greed arc.

Hagane_Gir
4th November 2006, 12:30 PM
Read up to chapter 59...wow..its getting so deep. So dark. SO ENTERTAINING!!!

BattleFranky~40
11th November 2006, 2:44 AM
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8601/1163140132365vb7.jpg
Sloth's in da house.

Looks to be digging all around the country, possibly creating one giant alchemy circle, which explain's Hoenheim's warning. In other words, **** is hitting the fan.

Catalyst
11th November 2006, 2:54 AM
<3 Manga Sloth, a bulkier form of Envy and makes Gluttony look crap.

Luke Groundwalker
11th November 2006, 3:35 AM
Holy f-ck.

I need scans. When will this chapter be translated?

Catalyst
11th November 2006, 3:40 AM
You shall obtain them soon, so very soon. ZOMGFTA work wonders, yo.

Hagane_Gir
13th November 2006, 6:53 AM
Ergh..wierd. Seems like a lot will happen between 59 and 65...

Luke Groundwalker
13th November 2006, 7:00 AM
Don't you mean, "A lot did happen."?

Hagane_Gir
13th November 2006, 9:36 AM
Don't you mean, "A lot did happen."?

Haven't read it yet so I wouldn't know

shinyrayquaza
14th November 2006, 10:44 PM
so there are five ourboros now? Does anyone know what Pride and wrath look like? If so, PM me the pictures

BattleFranky~40
14th November 2006, 10:53 PM
so there are five ourboros now? Does anyone know what Pride and wrath look like? If so, PM me the pictures

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cf/MangaPride.JPG
Pride

http://www.nautiljon.com/images/perso/miniatures/Fullmetal_Alchemist/fuhrer.jpg(For lack of a better pic)
Wrath

HK
15th November 2006, 5:23 AM
I want to see a fight between Sloth and Armstrong (the cute burly brute we're accustomed to, you sillies, not his sexy sister who would kill you before ever hearing a word out of you) in the near future. Arakawa, PLEASE make it happen.

So now we have things come full circle (pun intended).

I had similar thoughts about that, Franky. Though, to what aims would a gigantic alchemic circle accomplish? The only thing that comes to mind would be a more potent philosopher's stone, and even that seems a bit too ridiculous to me.

Hyourinmaru
15th November 2006, 10:22 AM
A FMA thread. Sweet!
I agree with the Major Armstrong vs Sloth, that'd be cool.
I would like Olivier (or whatever her name is) Armstrong to do SOMETHING, Cuz she's too badass NOT to do anything.
I'm seriously fangirling over Olivier though. I thought that she'd be a female version of Armstrong, but she's so awesome.

BattleFranky~40
15th November 2006, 9:04 PM
I'd personally prefer Olivier over Armstrong as an opponent for Sloth as well.

Luke Groundwalker
16th November 2006, 1:52 AM
I think they kinda killed off Kimbley a bit too soon, imo, although all the rest of the chapter was pretty awesome, especially the appearance of Sloth.

Catalyst
16th November 2006, 6:47 PM
Olivier is pretty sexy. >_>

Kimbley knew he'd get owned hence why he said that Scar had the potential to destroy him and he'd gotten stronger since the Ishbal massacre.

Ketsuban
16th November 2006, 8:01 PM
Kimbley is perfectly capable of performing alchemy of the blowy-stuff-up variety just by touching something, because of the arrays tattooed onto his hands. And yet, he detached the train cars by clapping his hands.

I doubt he's dead. That needs to be explained.

Ketsuban
22nd December 2006, 12:05 AM
I'm tired of making new threads for this manga. If anyone has a problem with it, deal.

Sloth battle: Yay or nay? A bit short...

Also, now shipping manga!Sloth with Russel, even if it's impossible. Suspenders OTP~~

dash142
22nd December 2006, 6:45 AM
Woah... even a tank had trouble with a Homunculis? Sloth really wasen't that bad of a person. I'm betting round two will be in the next chapter if Sloth lives.

BattleFranky~40
22nd December 2006, 6:47 AM
Woah... even a tank had trouble with a Homunculis? Sloth really wasen't that bad of a person. I'm betting round two will be in the next chapter if Sloth lives.

Sloth is obviously alive, and looks like he's about to break free of the ice.

Catalyst
23rd December 2006, 1:06 AM
Obviously Envy is going to kill Sloth, due to that Dante's Report or whatever it is on how all Homunculi will die.

BattleFranky~40
23rd December 2006, 1:16 AM
Obviously Envy is going to kill Sloth, due to that Dante's Report or whatever it is on how all Homunculi will die.
It is from The Picture Book of Devils, Demons and Witchcraft

So far, Greed and Lust have gone with their counterparts.

Greed- Put in pots of boiling oil.
Lust- Smothered in Fire and Brimstone.

Sloth is thrown in snake pits. Let's see how that turns out.

Due to Envy being placed in freezing water, I have a feeling he may die soon.

Catalyst
23rd December 2006, 1:30 AM
Yeah, I assumed the same for Envy, hopefully he won't die in some crappy way, if Ed Elric kills him I'll be ******. ;[

HK
24th December 2006, 11:29 PM
Feh, haven't posted in this thread for a while.

I think they kinda killed off Kimbley a bit too soon, imo, although all the rest of the chapter was pretty awesome, especially the appearance of Sloth.

Kimbley is still alive, which is obvious by the events at the end of chapter sixty-five.

Sloth battle: Yay or nay? A bit short...

I personally enjoyed it, and there was some entertaining bits with the elevator. Plus, fights don't have to be ten chapters devoted to each one in shounen series.

Also, now shipping manga!Sloth with Russel, even if it's impossible. Suspenders OTP~~

Aren't they technically in different canons, though? Eh, whatever.

Yeah, I assumed the same for Envy, hopefully he won't die in some crappy way, if Ed Elric kills him I'll be ******. ;[

Why so? While I agree in that it would be more fitting for an Ishbalan (Ishvaran? Damn katakana!) to take him down, Ed has reason enough to kill him, I suppose.

Catalyst
25th December 2006, 12:04 AM
Why so? While I agree in that it would be more fitting for an Ishbalan (Ishvaran? Damn katakana!) to take him down, Ed has reason enough to kill him, I suppose.
He does have enough reason to kill him, and he seems the most suited to kill him, but I'd rather have him die differently since quite a few people thinks Envy should die by Ed's hand, plus it'd be different if say... Scar killed him. But the way his death is set in that record he'll die during a battle rather than being destroyed, from what I am assuming anyway.

Ketsuban
26th December 2006, 8:06 PM
Aren't they technically in different canons, though? Eh, whatever.

Hence why I said "even if it's impossible".

Actually one could argue Russel exists in manga canon, if you want to say the novels count as manga canon. But they suck.

Light Venusaur
26th December 2006, 8:48 PM
You might be able to read it from a site that I co-own.
http://www.freewebs.com/fma84/manga.htm
(but #64 isn't up yet)

Ketsuban
19th January 2007, 12:13 AM
Okay, who else senses Kimbley/Miles and Scar/Miles ship wars?

Also wtf, Hohenheim.

BattleFranky~40
19th January 2007, 12:32 AM
Hohenheim's about to create Chasity, Abstinence, Liberality, Diligence, Patience, Kindness, and Humility.

HK
20th January 2007, 8:16 PM
Okay, who else senses Kimbley/Miles and Scar/Miles ship wars?

The yaoi circles shall be too concentrated on that hawt war between Ed/Roy and Ed/Al... while the others shall be fapping and schlicking to Ed/Roy/Al threesome.

I'm actually wondering about a possible upcoming civil war in Armestris. Armstrong's hawt sister untrusting of the internal government, and all of Briggs going against 'em? I'm for it.

Hohenheim's about to create Chasity, Abstinence, Liberality, Diligence, Patience, Kindness, and Humility.

Fitting, but I'll be disappointed, to say the least, should Arakawa do that.

Ketsuban
15th February 2007, 2:31 AM
I like chapter 68. The bitty Elric brothers are so cute, and the Hohenheim angst is D:

That Scary Clefairy
15th February 2007, 3:24 AM
new one out already? great i'll check on it

HK
16th February 2007, 6:59 PM
I like chapter 68. The bitty Elric brothers are so cute, and the Hohenheim angst is D:

I like the flashback. It came pretty much out of nowhere, but Arakawa did a fine job with it. Seeing Hohenheim and Trisha with their whole family was cute, and the explanation for Hohenheim's pitiful expression and his actions when leaving them was well done.

And what's this at the end of the chapter? More political-ness and a possible threat to Winry? ... Bradley is so much better in the manga than the anime.

That Scary Clefairy
16th February 2007, 7:44 PM
I like the flashback. It came pretty much out of nowhere, but Arakawa did a fine job with it. Seeing Hohenheim and Trisha with their whole family was cute, and the explanation for Hohenheim's pitiful expression and his actions when leaving them was well done.

And what's this at the end of the chapter? More political-ness and a possible threat to Winry? ... Bradley is so much better in the manga than the anime.

Yes Bradley is awesome in the manga. though I don't remember him seeing Winry before. I'm also curious what that dimension, alucard wannabe, black thing is. I hope that's Pride

BattleFranky~40
19th February 2007, 2:19 AM

The reason? In the manga, he wears the almighty tropical shirt, has tea parties, and has the 'surprised buttsecks' look of surprise.

That Scary Clefairy
19th February 2007, 2:43 AM
where the hell were you BF~40? You were out for a while.

BattleFranky~40
19th February 2007, 3:02 AM
where the hell were you BF~40? You were out for a while.

My computer ****ed out on me, but I've managed to get my hands on a crappy laptop.

HK
19th February 2007, 10:50 PM
Yes Bradley is awesome in the manga. though I don't remember him seeing Winry before.

I don't remember what specific chapter, but it takes place after the whole business of Greed's stomach is dealt with, Bradley basically makes a threat to Ed and Al concerning Resembool and Winry, as well as making an indirect threat to Roy by seperating his subordinates.

The reason? In the manga, he wears the almighty tropical shirt, has tea parties, and has the 'surprised buttsecks' look of surprise.

Don't forget his "no tolerance of any d00ds going against him" and all that jazz. He also kicks more *ss in the manga as well, so he's great even more on a superficial level.