PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Ranger Recent Happenings Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

frontier champion
28th October 2006, 2:35 AM
Well here is a Recent happenings thread for Pokemon Ranger

Remember no SPAMing, Flaming or Harrasment.

POST AWAY!

[Paper Snow]
28th October 2006, 2:36 AM
Ranger gets released Monday....

And a lot of us won't get it for a few days afterwards 'cause we pre-ordered from somewhere online. So how can we have reccent happenings? Aside from Lunick and Solana jokes.

frontier champion
28th October 2006, 2:37 AM
Japanese version counts so if you have the japanese one of course your far in the game.

weavile/perap eater
28th October 2006, 3:01 AM
well i beat the japanese one and got all 210 pokemon and got the reward

[Paper Snow]
28th October 2006, 3:04 AM
Japanese version counts so if you have the japanese one of course your far in the game.

Not very many people have the Japanese version, that's the thing. If editions of the Japanese version were numerous, don't you think this thread would've already been made?

weavile/perap eater
28th October 2006, 3:08 AM
yaeh i think so but this is for the japANESE and american

[Paper Snow]
28th October 2006, 3:12 AM
yaeh i think so but this is for the japANESE and american

Yes, I managed to figure that out thanks to my keen skills of deduction.

What I'm trying to say is that the North American version hasn't come out yet. That means we're left with the Japanese version, which really only a handful of people have, as a lot of users here are in the U.S. and/or cannot import and/or cannot read Japanese. Meaning this thread will probably be more or less dead until Ranger does come out in North America on Monday.

frontier champion
28th October 2006, 3:18 AM
Yea but I might as well make a thread like this before all the questions and SPAMs come start attacking the threads.

Ho-oh Master
28th October 2006, 3:26 AM
I know the person who won at JAA, he got ranger (it was one of the prizes) so he is like the only person who can post here :p

frontier champion
28th October 2006, 3:39 AM
Well for example take a look at Diamond/Pearl Like thousands of peple already have it. D/P is more popular than any of these games but I think there is some people who have it at these forums they just didn't see this new Recent Happenings thread yet.

[Paper Snow]
28th October 2006, 3:48 AM
Well for example take a look at Diamond/Pearl Like thousands of peple already have it. D/P is more popular than any of these games but I think there is some people who have it at these forums they just didn't see this new Recent Happenings thread yet.

DP =/= Ranger.

You just compared apples to kittens, my friend.

Ho-oh Master
28th October 2006, 3:52 AM
*sigh*

PMD>D/P>Ranger

Tyrannotaur
28th October 2006, 3:58 AM
Well mine was "Released for Delivery" So..I guess I'll have it soon.

frontier champion
28th October 2006, 1:33 PM
;4651726']DP =/= Ranger.

You just compared apples to kittens, my friend. LOL (apples to kittens) :p :D

Ho-oh Master
29th October 2006, 1:19 AM
wait...apples are good.....but kittens are cute.

who wins?

[Paper Snow]
29th October 2006, 4:32 AM
And there I was, thinking that "apples to oranges" wasn't suffienct enough to describe the vast difference between Ranger and DP. I never expected "apples to kittens" would be such a hit...

Anyway, this whole thing is kinda spam, seeing as it has no point right now and I have a feeling it's creator only made it on the off-chance that it would be stickied. Perhaps this now should be deleted until Ranger does come out.

Charmanderz
29th October 2006, 4:43 AM
Why is Ranger so uncommon in Japan?
Also, I have noticed that when I do not preorder a game, I have it about a week before the people who did pre-order it.

[Paper Snow]
29th October 2006, 5:27 AM
Why is Ranger so uncommon in Japan?
Also, I have noticed that when I do not preorder a game, I have it about a week before the people who did pre-order it.

It's not uncommon in Japan.

It's just that a huge majority of the users here are from North America and/or cannot import and/or cannot read Japanese, so hence they cannot play Japanese Ranger and must wait for English Ranger.

But a lot of people who don't pre-order online get it way earlier than those who do. Those who pre-order from places like The Pokémon Center have to wait for their orders to be shipped and arrive in the mail, you know.

Koriinku
29th October 2006, 10:38 AM
Well, I've finished Ranger and completed the 'dex and got the Completion Emblem.

frontier champion
29th October 2006, 12:42 PM
If I had the Japanese version of Ranger I'll be more clueless to what to do then when I First played pokemon RED and BLUE in 1998.

Abyraria
29th October 2006, 12:55 PM
my advice to the owners of this thread is as soon as the english version is out either despell or viarify the roumor that Manphy is not an event pokemon in the english version

frontier champion
29th October 2006, 2:35 PM
Well I'm the Person who started the thread. But why is Manphy not an event pokemon?

Suka
29th October 2006, 2:44 PM
For me, it's coming out tomorow, so hopefully, i'll be about to go to Target and easily get one before they all get bought. :P And I can't get it when it opens because I have school tomorow, so when I even get to Target (if I even get there at all), they might be out and i'll have to wait another day.

But it's better than ordering because people that pre-ordered have to wait a long time before they actually get it at all. Which isn't that great...

Koriinku
29th October 2006, 3:58 PM
my advice to the owners of this thread is as soon as the english version is out either despell or viarify the roumor that Manphy is not an event pokemon in the english version

I think Manaphy is an event Pokemon. I see no way to get it so far.

Pocchama
29th October 2006, 4:09 PM
I have a question, when you pre-order ranger, does it come with anything like how MD had a little booklet?(not including the pokemoncenter.com one w/pins)

Abyraria
29th October 2006, 4:49 PM
A number of people have said that at least some of the event missions (the deoxys and mew ones) are built into the english version.
So verirying it is an important priority

weavile/perap eater
29th October 2006, 7:52 PM
i got ranger yesterday and im on the last story mission oh yeah the mew deoxys and celebi missions are already in the game dont know about manaphy
rrrrraaannnkkkk up im bad

zonic the hedgehog
29th October 2006, 8:47 PM
*sigh*

PMD>D/P>Ranger

Pbbf, yeah right. More like D/P > Ranger > PMD.

And I'll tell you why: Ever play a game called Chocobo's Dungeon? Yep, the exact same in-game coding for that game is used for PMD, just to cash-in on the Dungeon series.

At least Ranger is built from the ground-up and it's a repeat of another game (which I've already played, BTW).

It sucks that I can't get the Deoxys and Mew/Manafi missions on my Japanese version, though. I'll have to wait until my passme device comes in the mail so I can play the Pokemon Ranger English rom on my DS (because I ain't buyin' the same game twice).

I still haven't caught all the Pokemon, either. Still need about 5 more plus Snorlax.

frontier champion
30th October 2006, 12:30 PM
I might get Rangeer Today or tommorow. I really can't wait!

Djura
30th October 2006, 3:53 PM
ranger was released in advance on october 28. i was able to see with my own eyes that 3/4 of the special missions are in it.

Swirling Squirtle
30th October 2006, 6:11 PM
i do hope so that the manaphy mission is some way hidden inside the game.... maybe even a glitch, i dont know but i hate the events that are ONLY in new york or w/e i liked it when they did it at toy's r us where people all over can get to it

nintendo needs to kno NOT ALL OF US ARE RICH ENOUGH TO FLY OR W/E TO NEW YORK OR PLACES FAR AWAY!! lol

C.J. Ray
30th October 2006, 6:17 PM
Here's what I think they should do - when they dub the anime movie "Manafi, Prince of the Sea", they should include in the DVD box a special edition of Pokemon Ranger that has the Manafi mission unlocked. It's probably be $50, but I'd pay that for a chance to get a Manafi egg in my US Pearl game. Besides, it would fit the movie's theme(a Pokemon Ranger rescues the egg of Manafi from a villian and it hatches).

Swirling Squirtle
30th October 2006, 6:41 PM
i bet i know what is going to happen,

you first play throuygh the game blah blah

then over some wi-fi hot spots manafis eggs will be sent over all the world on the release date of the manaphy movie..... i know its not likely to happen but sometime wishes come true

edit:nvm there is no wi-fi in this game :(

Abyraria
30th October 2006, 10:56 PM
*Sigh* I hate having to use hacking devices.
Why do they leave use with no choice

Bonsly is pimp
31st October 2006, 12:03 AM
I know this isn't the right thread but has anyone been able to get Ranger? Everywhere I have called said they didn't have it yet. Gamestop even told me it didn't come out till November.

frontier champion
31st October 2006, 3:38 AM
Go to your nearest Toyz-R-Us store or a Target store if you in the USA, Don't listen to Gamestop of any of those cheap cheat web sites.

AuggieNYC
31st October 2006, 3:39 AM
I got my Pokemon Ranger game on saturday at Nintendo World here in NYC.

I've been playing it ever since, I think I'm almost done but not sure yet. I haven't seen any reference to Manaphy in the game, so IMO it'll probably be an event pokemon.

PS. I'm new here :)

Presto
31st October 2006, 7:50 AM
For those of you who have played the game, do you have to beat the game or get into a certain point of the game in order to get the Manaphy Event Mission, assuming its from a wonderspot? I'm not buying it until I find out how they're going to hand it out.

frontier champion
31st October 2006, 12:24 PM
I guess Ranger isn't as popular as PMD.... =\

zonic the hedgehog
31st October 2006, 8:36 PM
I guess Ranger isn't as popular as PMD.... =\

Probably because it has a more interesting concept to them, but I personally find it to be a copy of a 'meh' game that I've already played (Chocobo's Dungeon).

Now if only people would stop butt-kissing PMD, that'd be greeeeeeeeat...

(¬_¬)

C.J. Ray
31st October 2006, 8:58 PM
Actually, I'm getting a little interested in Ranger - it sounds like an adventure game instead of an RPG, with using the Pokemon to solve puzzles. I might get it, but first I'd like to know if the Manafi Mission would be available some time in the future. I don't want to pay $35 for a game which I'll only play once (which is why I traded in all my old games like Kingdom Hearts)

AuggieNYC
31st October 2006, 10:10 PM
I think it's a fun game but a short one too.
Either I've just been enjoying it a lot and playing a lot that it seemed short, or it really is short!

Didn't it come out today? has anyone else gotten it?
I'm at the last battle, having hard time catching the last Pokemon (don't want to say the name so I won't spoil it).

It seems like you can keep playing once you finish the game, there's some areas that you can't get to now, so I'll be coming back to them after I finish it.

Serebii
31st October 2006, 10:12 PM
Just a question that I ask a few of you to PM me with answer wise

I've heard rumblings that the Celebi, Mew & Deoxys missions are obtainable in-game. Can anyone confirm this?

Meganium Ex
31st October 2006, 10:24 PM
Its all true Joe

weavile/perap eater
31st October 2006, 10:26 PM
im on the deoxys mission

Reaload
1st November 2006, 3:05 AM
I know this isn't the right thread but has anyone been able to get Ranger? Everywhere I have called said they didn't have it yet. Gamestop even told me it didn't come out till November.

Gamestop called me last night and said my pre-order would be in today. I don't get calls from them unless the game will be in, so I will be able to walk in tomorrow and get it (want to do my running around tomorrow, so, PR waits).

Also, I have a question I'll just go ahead and tack onto this post: the whole circling thing to attack monsters with the sytlus deal: how rapid is that? Since I've been off work, my arm has gotten to where it bothers me easier (I have tendonitis in it) and rapid movement can irritate it (which is why I hate the game God of War). So just curious how rapid the movement is (might not bother me, but if it does, I really don't want to have to learn to do that with my left hand >_< ).

frontier champion
1st November 2006, 3:06 AM
I didn't get a chance to buy Pokemon Ranger due to Halloween.

Off Topic: HaPpy HaLlOwEeN
I went to this house which had fog and cob webs all around it with flickering lights and the owner of the house dressed up as Freddy and the other one dressed up a the guy from the movie Halloween. Those guys scared the living hell out of my girlfriend and me.

shadowofdreams
1st November 2006, 3:53 AM
i got it today and am on the skitty mission. they are d*** hard to find.

WarriorPrince
1st November 2006, 4:43 AM
D/P>MD>Ranger
D/P is 200 times better than MD and 210 times better ranger.

Ranger is not that popular and I think MD is better but I think Ranger will be cool.

I think I will get mine next monday, I would have gotten it yesterday but, It wasn't in stores

zonic the hedgehog
1st November 2006, 5:04 AM
D/P>MD>Ranger
D/P is 200 times better than MD and 210 times better ranger.

Ranger is not that popular and I think MD is better but I think Ranger will be cool.

NO.

MD IS NOT better than Ranger, by any means. It's made by the same company which made Chocobo's Dungeon (Chunsoft), and CD was not that impressive. Pbbf, MD uses THE EXACT SAME CODE that CD uses, except the items are different and there are Pokemon characters. -_-;

In fact, it was pretty boring. It may just be a preference of mine, but Ranger was much better for the fact that it-

1.) Had a new concept, unlike PMD
2.) Was not overly boring
3.) was a very pick-up-and-play type of game

Though Ranger may not be very popular, it's a much better game overall to me than PMD.

I know someone is just going to come back and reply with "NO PMD IS BETT0RZ U N00B!", but a game based off another game that came out during the early days of the PS1 is NOT a good thing, and especially not if it's a dungeon-crawler (my least favorite genre next to sports games).

If you have never heard of Chocobo's Dungeon or have played it, you'll be lost, so please read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocobo's_Dungeon

Also, review for PMD (Gamespot):

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonblue/index.html?q=Pokemon%20Mystery%20Dungeon

(upon posting this, the average is 5.2, which is mediocre)

Now for the Pokemon Ranger page (the only review there so far is mine, but... 31 people do agree with my review):

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonrangers/index.html?q=Pokemon%20Ranger

Koriinku
1st November 2006, 8:34 AM
i got it today and am on the skitty mission. they are d*** hard to find.

The skitty mission is pretty easy, I guess.

AuggieNYC
1st November 2006, 9:01 AM
I finally finished the game, now I'm going to start playing the new mission (the one with Deoxys).

pokefan
1st November 2006, 2:37 PM
ok yeah i got ranger yesterday and i wanted to get the strategy guide but thwey were sold out .i picked to be a girl even though i'm a boy irl. i'm on the mission in fall city were you have to find the ladys skittys

LordOfTheEarth
1st November 2006, 5:52 PM
Is Manafi the only transferable pokemon in the game? I mean, are you only able to transfer him to D/P? The game would appeal so much more if you could transfer all of the special mission pokemon (Mew, Deoxys, Celebi, AND Manafi).

Shane

Djura
1st November 2006, 6:28 PM
waitwaitwaitwait! how DO you unlock the manaphy mission to transfer to d/p????? please answer

Abyraria
1st November 2006, 6:34 PM
When in the course of the game do you get the manphy mission (I know it's after you complete the main thing)

Djura
1st November 2006, 6:35 PM
the course of the game? what do you mean?

Abyraria
1st November 2006, 6:37 PM
When and how do you unlock the saving manphy egg mission. All I know is that it's after the main part

Djura
1st November 2006, 6:39 PM
ok can anyone else answer?

Pokefreak
1st November 2006, 8:17 PM
Can't you transfer Celebi or Mew?

Neko Godot
1st November 2006, 8:42 PM
You can only transfer the MANAPHY EGG.

Got the game yesterday. Pretty fun. Up to the Grimer mission. Oh, and just for the record:
DP > Ranger > MD (Boo MD!)

Djura
1st November 2006, 8:59 PM
how is the manaphy event activated?

zonic the hedgehog
1st November 2006, 9:02 PM
You can only transfer the MANAPHY EGG.

Got the game yesterday. Pretty fun. Up to the Grimer mission. Oh, and just for the record:
DP > Ranger > MD (Boo MD!)

Thank God someone else agrees with me! :P

It seems like you can only realize this until you actually PLAY the freaking game, instead of stating PMD > Ranger without playing Ranger. :rolleyes:

Lightbringer
1st November 2006, 9:43 PM
Can you trade Mew, Deoxys and Celebi from this game to D/P? If that's the case, I'm so getting this game... Does anyone know when it's scheduled for release in Europe?

Djura
1st November 2006, 9:47 PM
every noob to this game has asked this question and every time we say NO.

EmbersBackUpSinger
1st November 2006, 9:48 PM
I am Currently waiting to get it. Sorry if SPAM

Ultima731708
1st November 2006, 9:56 PM
......Well i'am at krokka tunnel to destroy 3 rocks,d*mn its hard to capture hariyama.....;munchlax; ;347; ;026; ;412; ;136; ;292; ;444; ;373;

Lalonde
1st November 2006, 9:58 PM
Thank God someone else agrees with me! :P

It seems like you can only realize this until you actually PLAY the freaking game, instead of stating PMD > Ranger without playing Ranger. :rolleyes:

i have never played ranger, but i have SEEN people play it, for quite a while too, and i must say, imao, ranger sucks.
i mean, what the hell is up with capturing a pokemon with a BEYBLADE >.<, then not being able to battle with it?
PMD, is so widely popular because people like playing as pokemon. the story is captivating, music is great, and graphics are ok.
so can we all just shut the hell up and get over it?!

zonic the hedgehog
1st November 2006, 10:54 PM
i have never played ranger, but i have SEEN people play it, for quite a while too, and i must say, imao, ranger sucks.
i mean, what the hell is up with capturing a pokemon with a BEYBLADE >.<, then not being able to battle with it?
PMD, is so widely popular because people like playing as pokemon. the story is captivating, music is great, and graphics are ok.
so can we all just shut the hell up and get over it?!

Haha, point proven. You haven't played Ranger, therefore you cannot make a statement about how bad you think it is.

Rule of the thumb when stating an opinion:

Actually have experience in what you're talking about.

Also, you can keep the Pokemon you obtain after you complete the main story (letting them go to different areas), but they go away after you've used them.

Shining Shadow
1st November 2006, 11:10 PM
Well guys if you check the D/P Official Dicovery thread by Serebii Coronis and PK you'll see that Manaphy is obtainable in the game as posted by Coronis. So all up this game sounds pretty fun to me especially with the missions to chase legendaries that are usually not in games. I think the Manafi mission was probably put in so more people would buy it, it didn't live up to the hype that people were expecting so it needed a kick lol. Anyway im gonna buy it when it comes out (I already have my imported Diamond so its next up) =]

Rhapsody003
1st November 2006, 11:34 PM
The game was too easy...I got it yesterday played for 5 hours went to bed, got to play again today another 5 hours....beat the game....so disappointed, even the extra missions for Deoxys and Celebi were too easy, currently trying to catch Mew though...he runs away and teleports too much.

Not really worth it imo but i do like the circling thing, just hope I didn't hurt my DS ^^;

weavile/perap eater
2nd November 2006, 12:12 AM
im on yhe manaphy mission

WarriorPrince
2nd November 2006, 1:34 AM
NO.

MD IS NOT better than Ranger, by any means. It's made by the same company which made Chocobo's Dungeon (Chunsoft), and CD was not that impressive. Pbbf, MD uses THE EXACT SAME CODE that CD uses, except the items are different and there are Pokemon characters. -_-;

In fact, it was pretty boring. It may just be a preference of mine, but Ranger was much better for the fact that it-

1.) Had a new concept, unlike PMD
2.) Was not overly boring
3.) was a very pick-up-and-play type of game

Though Ranger may not be very popular, it's a much better game overall to me than PMD.

I know someone is just going to come back and reply with "NO PMD IS BETT0RZ U N00B!", but a game based off another game that came out during the early days of the PS1 is NOT a good thing, and especially not if it's a dungeon-crawler (my least favorite genre next to sports games).

If you have never heard of Chocobo's Dungeon or have played it, you'll be lost, so please read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocobo's_Dungeon

Also, review for PMD (Gamespot):

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonblue/index.html?q=Pokemon%20Mystery%20Dungeon

(upon posting this, the average is 5.2, which is mediocre)

Now for the Pokemon Ranger page (the only review there so far is mine, but... 31 people do agree with my review):

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonrangers/index.html?q=Pokemon%20Ranger

I have my own opinion and you have yours, but I was just joking I haven't even played rranger yet.

To tell you the truth I think ranger will be a good game.

Mewtoo
2nd November 2006, 1:45 AM
I just got the english version today, and I just finished collecting skitties for this woman... -.-'

Neko Godot
2nd November 2006, 2:54 AM
Up to the ruins, trying to catch Charizard.

I <3 the Go-Rock quads.

Kimori
2nd November 2006, 3:43 AM
I just picked up this game today. ^^ So far, I really like it. I really like the characters, and the style of gameplay. Right now, I'm in the middle of the cave where you have to capture all of the Grimer.

Djura
2nd November 2006, 4:04 AM
please don't ignore me i need to know how to get the manaphy mission

Topaz Archer
2nd November 2006, 5:08 AM
I have a question when I don't even have the game! lol. Anyway, how am i going to trade the manaphy egg to D/P? I only have one DS

blindskater
2nd November 2006, 5:46 AM
Topaz Archer, ask a friend to help.

Topaz Archer
2nd November 2006, 5:53 AM
Topaz Archer, ask a friend to help.

Darn *doesn't have a friend to trade with*

Koriinku
2nd November 2006, 7:39 AM
Darn *doesn't have a friend to trade with*

Heh, we're same here. I have a US Ranger and don't have 2 DS or a friend to trade with, so that's really a big problem.

Djura
2nd November 2006, 8:00 AM
too bad i have at least one ds. lucky i have a video game addicted little sister.

PokemonFan_Samuel
2nd November 2006, 11:19 AM
Just Asking,
What mission is it that we have to complete to get Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza?
Also, can we transfer Pokemons we trained in Ranger to D/P? (Because it seems like instead of some GBA games, Mew, Deoxys, Celebi can be only caught in Ranger)

Abyraria
2nd November 2006, 11:32 AM
please don't ignore me i need to know how to get the manaphy mission

Yes I think every one would like that cleared up once and for all

zonic the hedgehog
2nd November 2006, 12:08 PM
Just Asking,
What mission is it that we have to complete to get Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza?
Also, can we transfer Pokemons we trained in Ranger to D/P? (Because it seems like instead of some GBA games, Mew, Deoxys, Celebi can be only caught in Ranger)

You don't TRAIN Pokemon in Ranger because they are still wild Pokemon. You only use them to help you with obstacles and get other Pokemon.

The only Pokemon I know FOR SURE that you are able to trade to D/P is Manaphy.

BTW, check this guide here if you need to know where to get the legendaries (or just completeing the game):

http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/pokemon_ranger.txt

Shining Shadow
2nd November 2006, 2:04 PM
Uh-Oh! Some pretty traumatic news for rangers..Turns out Coronis had a hacked version that had the Manafi mission built in, this means that the Manafi mission is probably only accesible through an event and not obtainable through the natural course of gameplay. Urgh, there goes another few hundred Ranger buyers..Most of the Rangers i know only got it for the Manafi so....Just...Ew not good

Sorry to get everyones hopes up with my earlier post but it's really no-ones fault. Coronis believed he had an authentic game...I believed him..Oh well we can just hope they find a way to give us this event worldwide...

C.J. Ray
2nd November 2006, 3:33 PM
Urgh, there goes another few hundred Ranger buyers.

Including me, I think. I was not really interested in buying a game that has an unlockable mission which required you to go to an event(sort of like the Mew give-away). Of course, they'll give us information when Diamond and Pearl come out in the US.

That really sucks. At first, I was going to not buy this game, then they say "You can get Manafi in the game!" and I was like "Really? Maybe I should..." and now it's "Oops, my bad! It's still an event mission! Ha ha ha! (sweatdrop)" and now I'm like "WTF?!? YOU BETRAYED US!!! SCREW THIS, NINTENDO! I'M NOT SPENDING MY CASH NOW, I'M SAVING IT FOR THE WII!"

Honestly...

Say, where did Coronis buy his game? I'd love the hacked version(unless it's got tons of ugly bugs in it). :D

EDIT: Okay, I was just kidding about the "SCREW THIS!" bit, but I'm sure a lot of people were outraged. I was wondering how PUSA translated that game and unlocked the mission triggers. BTW, are the other secret missions unlocked, or are they all locked too? It'd be neat if we could meet Celebi, Mew, and Deoxys.

zonic the hedgehog
2nd November 2006, 8:21 PM
Including me, I think. I was not really interested in buying a game that has an unlockable mission which required you to go to an event(sort of like the Mew give-away). Of course, they'll give us information when Diamond and Pearl come out in the US.

That really sucks. At first, I was going to not buy this game, then they say "You can get Manafi in the game!" and I was like "Really? Maybe I should..." and now it's "Oops, my bad! It's still an event mission! Ha ha ha! (sweatdrop)" and now I'm like "WTF?!? YOU BETRAYED US!!! SCREW THIS, NINTENDO! I'M NOT SPENDING MY CASH NOW, I'M SAVING IT FOR THE WII!"

Honestly...

Say, where did Coronis buy his game? I'd love the hacked version(unless it's got tons of ugly bugs in it). :D

EDIT: Okay, I was just kidding about the "SCREW THIS!" bit, but I'm sure a lot of people were outraged. I was wondering how PUSA translated that game and unlocked the mission triggers. BTW, are the other secret missions unlocked, or are they all locked too? It'd be neat if we could meet Celebi, Mew, and Deoxys.

You can still get Mew, Celebi, and Deoxys in the game without going to an event, unlike the Japanese version.

I'm guessing Coronis probably played a modified rom of the game, although I can't say for sure.

As for me, I'll keep checking for cheats (if any at all) to unlock Manaphy (although you could probably just use a cheat device on D/P to unlock Manaphy).

Shining Shadow
2nd November 2006, 9:26 PM
I'm guessing Coronis probably played a modified rom of the game, although I can't say for sure.

Well its confirmed now thanks to him keeping us up to date. Lol im gonna buy a Gameshark or something with the money i was gonna buy ranger with. Heh i want my Manafi! =]

Mystic Demon
2nd November 2006, 9:42 PM
As soon as I finish my homework I'm going to start with save file hacking. Today I'm working on putting groudon in my party (some guy in a chinese restraunt was a asave hacker and he had groudon on his team O_O) than I'll try to get manafi mission.

Abyraria
2nd November 2006, 11:09 PM
You can still get Mew, Celebi, and Deoxys in the game without going to an event, unlike the Japanese version.

As for me, I'll keep checking for cheats (if any at all) to unlock Manaphy (although you could probably just use a cheat device on D/P to unlock Manaphy).

More sporting this way plus there will be no chance of them knowing it is'nt normal.
Plus you get a new mission

Hitaka
2nd November 2006, 11:41 PM
Just finished the Kyogre mission... gave the arena in Fall City a shot, and it seems nigh impossible to get 50000 points, so I'm going to max out my level before I try again. What's the highest level they Styler can reach?

battlefrontiertrainer
2nd November 2006, 11:56 PM
^dk but I've just reached ranger rank 10 an hour ago and have started the next mission

Neko Godot
3rd November 2006, 12:29 AM
Okay, right now I'm in Dusk Factory.

blindskater
3rd November 2006, 1:17 AM
Well i'm going to buy the game today if my mom is happy with my core grades(D+, my stupid teacher didn't grade half of my homework). After that I plan on choosing the male character and doing thw W- Mission.

ShinyManafi
3rd November 2006, 4:08 AM
At Rank 6, but I'll progress fast, cause I still have to play FF12

Sir Devious
3rd November 2006, 7:46 AM
I just got the game, I moved up to a rank two, and am getting the 5 skitty for the old creepy woman who will live alone with cats... lots and lots of cat! o.O

Hitaka
3rd November 2006, 8:05 AM
Finished the Rayquaza mission, and got all the other Pokemon that are aquirable except Snorlax and that damn Fearow. I'm going to go nuts now trying to get 50000 points in the capture contest.

eonteam123456
3rd November 2006, 8:38 AM
Completed Mew, Deoxys and Celebi Missions...

MidnightScott
3rd November 2006, 9:24 AM
You know once I get far in this game I'm sure the Manaphy Mission will appear. Or Nintendo will be smart enough to put it at DS Download Stations...>>;

-Assigned to Mission 3 - Clear out the Grimer who are clogging up the Waterworks.

-Captured some Grimer but my Styler broke so I had to start over

-Captured all of the Grimer after a long while. Then finally captured the Muk.

-Completed the Mission

-Moved up the Rank 4 - can now use Bug Poké Assists and Ground Poké Assists!

-Joel removed the cap and now I can have 5 friend Pokémon to assist me with battles.

~I'm done with Ranger for the night, lol.

~Scott;229;

The Thrashmeister
3rd November 2006, 3:52 PM
I just got Ranger yesterday.

Since then, I've completed the Kingdra and Flygon challenges in the Jungle Relic.

I gave Salamence a try, but he was just too freaking hard. x_X

So I'm taking a break from Ranger for now.

Edit: Finally beat Salamence. I'm working on Charizard now. I just can't seem to capture it with all those flames. :/

Hitaka
3rd November 2006, 11:09 PM
Want a hint?
If you have enough energy, just run into the flames on purpose to clear out an area, then get him while he's stomping around.

reddragon06
3rd November 2006, 11:45 PM
i just got ranger rank 10, and im working on catching skarmory, it wont stay still

The Thrashmeister
4th November 2006, 12:46 AM
Beat Charizard. Beat Entei. I was working at Dusk Factory when I took a break. I was weak and that grunt with the Machops and Machoke kept owning me. :(

Neko Godot
4th November 2006, 12:47 AM
Right now I'm in the Go-Rock Squad HQ.

Cain Nightroad
4th November 2006, 1:55 AM
I got ranger Wednesday. I can't get past Clyde's Slakoth, Vigoroth, and Slaking though. Ugh... I'll have to face Billy's Larvitar line...damn. What I'm glad about is that the Manaphy, Mew, and Deoxys missions are automatically on the US Ranger, according to the main site. ^_^

Hitaka
4th November 2006, 1:58 AM
Woot, maxed out my Styler. The highest level you can get is level 20, with 60 health and 200 line length.

The Thrashmeister
4th November 2006, 2:15 AM
Cleared the Dusk Factory mission. About to tackle the next mission now.

Hitaka
4th November 2006, 3:12 AM
Finally got all 213 Pokemon in the browser. Huzzah. Now there's nothing left to do. And no, the Manaphy mission didn't become available.

The Thrashmeister
4th November 2006, 3:57 AM
Ninth mission started. Beat Charizard for the 2nd time. I'm now in the Go-Rock base. Dang alarms sent me back like, five minutes worth of progress. ~_~

Sir Devious
4th November 2006, 5:17 AM
I am just departing on the Politoad mission right now.

CrimsonX
4th November 2006, 5:26 AM
just started an hour or two ago and im up to the grimer mission

EDIT: finished that just totally owned muk

Kai the Squirtle
4th November 2006, 6:08 AM
Recived game (Damm guy stole the box), and am at thhe 2nd mission, With the skittys (Gay.....)

Sir Devious
4th November 2006, 6:34 AM
Yes, the old scary cat lady freaks me out... *ahem* I just got up to ranger level 6... w00t. I am going to take a break for about an hour or so, then play all night. I hope to get to Lv. 10 by sunrise.

blindskater
4th November 2006, 6:43 AM
Just got game, got partner and saved Rhydon.

CrimsonX
4th November 2006, 7:04 AM
up to cave misson w/ the legendary: Team: Minum, Magneton, Geodude, Graveler, Hariyama(2)

MidnightScott
4th November 2006, 7:08 AM
I finally just caught Entei. Tomorrow I think I will beat the game. I'm done with the game for now, I've been going at it all day, lol.

~Scott;229;

Sir Devious
4th November 2006, 8:08 AM
Oh my god! The guide says Flygon is easyer than Salamance, and I beat him easy. Flygon is pissing me off! OMFG!! How do I beat him??

Koriinku
4th November 2006, 11:22 AM
Oh my god! The guide says Flygon is easyer than Salamance, and I beat him easy. Flygon is pissing me off! OMFG!! How do I beat him??

Flygon is much easy, but damn god that Salamence, it takes about 25 or 35 circles to catch that *******.

Hitaka
4th November 2006, 11:53 AM

The trick with Flygon is that it fires then pauses before firing again, so make loops one at a time when it pauses between attacks.

eonteam123456
4th November 2006, 3:01 PM
Completed Deoxys, Mew and Celebi missions. All easy.

The Thrashmeister
4th November 2006, 3:15 PM
Cleared the Go-Rock base. I'm now in the Fiore Temple.

weavile/perap eater
4th November 2006, 4:27 PM
im on charizard

Zelionax
4th November 2006, 5:07 PM
Just completed the entire Ranger Browser. I can't say it was dreadfully easy to track down certain Pokemon, such as Regice and Registeel. So my game completion is 100%. It's a pity there's nothing at the end.

Abyraria
4th November 2006, 5:08 PM
Well there is Snorlax

Entei25
4th November 2006, 5:29 PM
On RangerNet if you press L,R,A,X,Y at the same time,
it says enter a password has been added.

blindskater
4th November 2006, 5:44 PM
Well I just saved the town from muk, now going to lapras.

Abyraria
4th November 2006, 5:49 PM
On RangerNet if you press L,R,A,B,X,Y at the same time,
it says enter a passwordd has been added.

What do you mean exactly

Entei25
4th November 2006, 6:07 PM
Go to the main menu.Press RangerNet.It will say "Play a special mission".don't press that, press L,R,A,X,Y at the same time,
it says enter a password has been added.

ShinyManafi
4th November 2006, 6:27 PM
Just got to Rank 8, and captured Entei, on my way to Wintown

CrimsonX
4th November 2006, 7:52 PM
up to charizard, i cant seem to get him to calm down so i can catch him...

Sarukarisha
4th November 2006, 8:27 PM
Just got past Entei and am in Windtown now.

The Thrashmeister
4th November 2006, 8:58 PM
Beat the game. I also beat the Deoxys and Celebi missions. The final boss battle was easier than I expected.

Lord Umbreon
4th November 2006, 9:14 PM
beat raquaza mission trying to catch evryone now, also how do u get manafi mission?

Beast is Holy
4th November 2006, 9:46 PM
Beat Entei, Suicune, and Raikou.
Beat Deoxys Mission.
Beginning next Special Mission

Mystic Demon
4th November 2006, 10:00 PM
just beat celebi mission working on mew and manaphy is only available through an event

Lord Umbreon
4th November 2006, 10:05 PM
just beat celebi mission working on mew and manaphy is only available through an event

but on the news page it says all 4 special missions are in the game without an event

MidnightScott
4th November 2006, 10:18 PM
Caught Scizor from Garret and beat Mission 7 :) - I believe I'll beat the game today :D

~Scott;229;

Mystic Demon
4th November 2006, 10:27 PM
but on the news page it says all 4 special missions are in the game without an event
Take your eyes and look up and see that news the day after

The Thrashmeister
4th November 2006, 10:58 PM
Beat the Mew mission after two hours of swearing. <_<

All the special missions (except Manafi of course) are complete for now.

I guess I'll just work on completing my browser. And the other legendary missions too.

Boo
4th November 2006, 11:17 PM
Where can I find a tangela in the sewer? Also, There is a crumpled wall in the sewer and I think I need a fighting pokemon to break it. Where can I find them?

The Thrashmeister
4th November 2006, 11:28 PM
Beat Kyogre mission.

Suka
5th November 2006, 12:45 AM
I got Ranger!!! (finally) But I can't play it that much since i'm still paying off some of it in chores for my mom. :P

Cain Nightroad
5th November 2006, 1:06 AM
I beat Kyogre mission, Summerland CC, and am threatening Groudon. Your next Rayquaza!

MidnightScott
5th November 2006, 1:16 AM
Caught Steelix. Beat Mission 8 and I was promoted to Rank 9.

I'm done for now, I still need to watch Hang On, Pochama and Bleach Episode 8(since I missed it last week)

~Scott;229;

iDemon
5th November 2006, 1:23 AM
Im trying to beat Charizard. I will get it eventually!

blindskater
5th November 2006, 1:26 AM
Well I beat the first three tasks in Jungle Relic, now going to the fourth.

Lord Umbreon
5th November 2006, 1:31 AM
getting close to catching everyone and also how do you find slowpoke

Cain Nightroad
5th November 2006, 1:38 AM
Groudon = captured. I have to say, sexiest graphics in the game. Awesome.
Rayquaza, thou time art up!

.:Jirachi:.
5th November 2006, 1:45 AM
Where is groudon at? ive beaten the whole thing, done all the special missions

iDemon
5th November 2006, 1:52 AM
Can some one give me some tips to beating Charizard? He keeps killing my styler

The Thrashmeister
5th November 2006, 2:14 AM
Beat Rayquaza. He was pathetically easy.

Just caught Registeel and used it to get to Dugtrio, which I also caught. Yay. :D

Cain Nightroad
5th November 2006, 2:31 AM
Yes... Rayquaza was captured by me too. I also finished the Deoxys Ranger Net mission. Pathetically easy.

The Thrashmeister
5th November 2006, 2:33 AM
Caught "rare" Pokemon Typhlosion, Victreebell, and Shedinja. I think that's all for Lyra forest.

Current Browser Status: 171/210

Mystic Demon
5th November 2006, 2:44 AM
guys this entei guy probably just found the way to get manaphy, Password Mode. First go into R-Net and on the first screen press L + R + A + X + Y+ Start + Select passworsd mode will be unlocked. Its a 12 digit password Upper Case Lower Case and numbers 0-9

Cain Nightroad
5th November 2006, 2:45 AM
Rescue Celebi = Complete.
Mystic Demon- The Manaphy mission comes free with an American version of Ranger.

The Thrashmeister
5th November 2006, 2:46 AM
guys this entei guy probably just found the way to get manaphy, Password Mode. First go into R-Net and on the first screen press L + R + A + X + Y+ Start + Select passworsd mode will be unlocked. Its a 12 digit password Upper Case Lower Case and numbers 0-9

lozl doesn't work

Mystic Demon
5th November 2006, 2:48 AM
yes it does at the same time guess i forgot that

The Thrashmeister
5th November 2006, 2:50 AM
yes it does at the same time guess i forgot that

You press them all at the same time? That sounds a bit impossible unless you have three hands. D:

Mystic Demon
5th November 2006, 2:51 AM
I'm taking pictures hold on.

Edit: Here you go Picture 1 (http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/871/img0163il0.jpg)
Picture 2 (http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4171/img0164jb1.jpg)

Cain Nightroad
5th November 2006, 3:55 AM
Mew mission- complete. Aww...I have to get every Pokemon to get the Manaphy egg...
Regirock is my newest target. He's difficult, though.

pokeball2.0
5th November 2006, 4:44 AM
i just got a ds lite for trading in my old ds and i just got pokemon ranger i just escorted the prfesor saftely

Cain Nightroad
5th November 2006, 4:45 AM
I just unlocked password mode around 10 minutes ago.

Sir Devious
5th November 2006, 5:46 AM
Password mode...??

I am at the Charizard, but can't beat him. I got the 1 more spin just now but he breahted Fire and killed me. I know what to do:

At the begining, wait for him to breathe fire, use the Styler to break some fire around him so you have room, shock him and make him still for a second them spin as fast as you can... I have been trying this and I am getting close.

GardevoirMaster
5th November 2006, 5:51 AM
How do you unlock the Mew/Celebi/Deoxys Missions? D;
I'm tracking down the 9 remaining Pokemon that I need for my Ranger Browser, which are probably some of the more annoying ones. Wailmer, Psyduck, and Mantine to name a few.

AuggieNYC
5th November 2006, 6:18 AM
I'm tracking down the 9 remaining Pokemon that I need for my Ranger Browser, which are probably some of the more annoying ones. Wailmer, Psyduck, and Mantine to name a few.

You have to finish the game first, it'll unlock the Deoxys mission, and so on.

blindskater
5th November 2006, 6:23 AM
im on yhe manaphy mission

Explaine? It's not in game.

Also, I am going to Team Go-Rock's HQ and I keep on loosing to charzard.

Koriinku
5th November 2006, 6:28 AM

Psyduck= 2 Starmies, so that means 4 Staryu's.
Wailmer= 2 Carvanhas and 2 Sharpedos, I think.
Mantine= 2 Remoraids and 2 Octillery's I think.

AuggieNYC
5th November 2006, 6:44 AM
I wanted the game to entertain me at least until the Wii came out. I still haven't done the extra missions, so I guess I could do those, but now I'm being entertained by trying to open the password option.

Hitaka
5th November 2006, 6:53 AM
To get Password Mode, you need to press L, R, A, X, Y and left on the D-pad at the same time. It didn't work until I bumped left accidentally while trying it.

Okay. So what's the password?

Sir Devious
5th November 2006, 6:53 AM
Still can't beat Charizard, but I have caught each new Pokemon I have seen so I wont have to go back. :)

AuggieNYC
5th November 2006, 7:00 AM
To get Password Mode, you need to press L, R, A, X, Y and left on the D-pad at the same time. It didn't work until I bumped left accidentally while trying it.

Okay. So what's the password?

YES! the "Left on the D-pad" definitely made a difference, it worked!!!
and for the record, once this option opens up, it automatically saves it without asking you.

Sir Devious
5th November 2006, 7:05 AM
DARNET! I want to beat Charizard and get Ranger net. There is a thread about this, and we are trying to figure out the password. ;)

AuggieNYC
5th November 2006, 7:10 AM
DARNET! I want to beat Charizard and get Ranger net. There is a thread about this, and we are trying to figure out the password. ;)

What I did to catch ;006; was go slowly to avoid the flames, just don't go crazy, be patient.

Freundmon
5th November 2006, 7:20 AM
I'm currently fighting Two camerupt in team go's hideout.. there hard :(, i think i'll go get that crocanaw I saw earlier... how long till i can get ranger net?

Hitaka
5th November 2006, 7:24 AM

If you have enough energy, run into the flames on purpose to get rid of them.

Metagross
5th November 2006, 12:34 PM
will the european version have the Manaphy mission in game.

Libra
5th November 2006, 3:33 PM
I cant seem to beat Steelix. I keep on dying. Can anybody help me?

Freundmon
5th November 2006, 3:37 PM
It's partly luck. Capture that Medicham, right before the dusclops before you go to face him. And then, send out your plusle/minun to stun him. The thing is, he has to be coiled up so you can circle him, but once you do that a couple fight poke assist circled and he'll go down right away. And it's like 500 exp points!

Mystic Demon
5th November 2006, 4:09 PM

Use a fighting assist WHEN its coiled

Libra
5th November 2006, 4:27 PM
It's partly luck. Capture that Medicham, right before the dusclops before you go to face him. And then, send out your plusle/minun to stun him. The thing is, he has to be coiled up so you can circle him, but once you do that a couple fight poke assist circled and he'll go down right away. And it's like 500 exp points!

Beat him by luck huh? This will take me awhile... thank you for the help. Ill go give it a try right now.

beroberto212
5th November 2006, 4:52 PM
Just got Deoxys.Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

maxxa
5th November 2006, 6:53 PM
what is this speculation for the secret missions im getting the us version for christmas as apose to the uk version next year anyone help?

blindskater
5th November 2006, 7:23 PM
Well I'm facing Tyraniitar. He is hella hard, amy help for beating him?

spacefissure
5th November 2006, 7:27 PM
I just got the game yesterday and now I'm on the mission with the four challenges. I beat the Water and Wind challenges already.

Lord Umbreon
5th November 2006, 7:28 PM
to beat tyranitar use a water assist

Spirit_of_Auron
5th November 2006, 7:36 PM
I've had the game since the 31 of October(day it came out in my area, along with ffxii, which I got the same day as well) and so far I've gotten to the challenges area as well, I've done the three and am at the battle with charizard. Had to take a break after Salamance, as man it wore my wrist out doing that one.

Freundmon
5th November 2006, 9:04 PM
Well I'm facing Tyraniitar. He is hella hard, amy help for beating him?

Theres no water assist nearby, so ignore that. Capture the two metang for their psych assist, and the... magneton i think it is, for an in battle life charge. Then capture those two machamp in the hall, sit through Go-Rock squads annoying blabber... seriously, how many times do we need the intro? and use a psych assist on all the pokes, then use a fight assist to cut the circlings down. Remember the only one you really want to circle then is the tyranitar because pupitar doesn't have a weaekness to fighting and larvitar is easy without it. If the other pokes get in your way don't worry you have a life recharge and 1 more psych and fighting poke assist. They should go down pretty easy.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
5th November 2006, 9:05 PM
I'm on the Mew mission right now. It seems pretty annoying when it keeps running away from battle. Btw, has anyone faced the Magenium in that mission? Wow 24 circles! That's more than Salamance!

Freundmon
5th November 2006, 9:10 PM
I'm on the Mew mission right now. It seems pretty annoying when it keeps running away from battle. Btw, has anyone faced the Magenium in that mission? Wow 24 circles! That's more than Salamance!

Go find shedninja by the relic, it'lll make quick work of mew. And yes i faced the meganium, and it was incredibly easy! It's attacks are easy to see the pattern in. If you start your circle behind it circle it twice or 3 times before it shoots solar beam (it's charging makes it easier) you'll capture it pretty quickly.

blindskater
5th November 2006, 9:51 PM
Theres no water assist nearby, so ignore that. Capture the two metang for their psych assist, and the... magneton i think it is, for an in battle life charge. Then capture those two machamp in the hall, sit through Go-Rock squads annoying blabber... seriously, how many times do we need the intro? and use a psych assist on all the pokes, then use a fight assist to cut the circlings down. Remember the only one you really want to circle then is the tyranitar because pupitar doesn't have a weaekness to fighting and larvitar is easy without it. If the other pokes get in your way don't worry you have a life recharge and 1 more psych and fighting poke assist. They should go down pretty easy.

Thanks but I already beat him. I just used a Crocanaw, Machamp(2),Mettang(2), and electabuzz.

Also, i am currently at the Fiore Temple facing Blastoise and Blaziken.

New rank!

Sir Devious
5th November 2006, 9:51 PM
Still trying to get the Charizard.

BRoLiSsJ0
5th November 2006, 9:57 PM
hi,
so i have pokemon ranger(us version)... but i haven't the original game.....because i use a adapter..... and now i want to find out how i get the mission where i get manaphy egg..... do you know any cheats for it????

AuggieNYC
5th November 2006, 11:37 PM
hi,
so i have pokemon ranger(us version)... but i haven't the original game.....because i use a adapter..... and now i want to find out how i get the mission where i get manaphy egg..... do you know any cheats for it????

You cannot get Manaphy as of yet, unless you got it through an event in Japan.

The Thrashmeister
5th November 2006, 11:40 PM
Got high scores on the Grassland and Lapras Capture Challenges. That's about it.

mrhiyuck
6th November 2006, 1:57 AM
You cannot get Manaphy as of yet, unless you got it through an event in Japan.

actually, if you go to this thread:

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=166217

they figured out a Ranger Net Password thing, and are looking for a password to unlock manaphy

weavile/perap eater
6th November 2006, 2:57 AM
im on deoxys mission

pokeball2.0
6th November 2006, 3:01 AM
im at the metal fece on in the forest on the island but i cant find any level 2 cutters.HELP

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
6th November 2006, 3:04 AM
Go find shedninja by the relic, it'lll make quick work of mew. And yes i faced the meganium, and it was incredibly easy! It's attacks are easy to see the pattern in. If you start your circle behind it circle it twice or 3 times before it shoots solar beam (it's charging makes it easier) you'll capture it pretty quickly.

Thanks. Never thought I would find some Pokemon near the relic. As for Meganium, I had to get help from Ariados. Well, those were great special missions.

Right now I'm just waiting to see if anyone learns the password.

pokeball2.0
6th November 2006, 3:05 AM
im at the metal fece on in the forest on the island but i cant find any level 2 cutters.HELP

help i have been stuck for twenty minutes even tho i just posted it

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
6th November 2006, 3:07 AM

Get a Lotad and use its water on a plant near some guy. The plant will grow into a vine which you can climb, and then you'll see Grovyle. The plant near the dude is on the right side of the bridge opposite to all those Lotads.

pokeball2.0
6th November 2006, 3:11 AM
thanks it worked yay

Lord Umbreon
6th November 2006, 3:25 AM
just finished the BROWSER now all i have to do is manaphy mission

MidnightScott
6th November 2006, 3:34 AM
-Finished Mission 9
-Promoted to Ranger Rank 10!!! - Can now use 7 Friend Pokémon
-Assigned Mission 10

~Scott;229;

ChaosLucarioGirl
6th November 2006, 4:06 AM
finished mew and rayquaza missions. can not find kecleon

LBB
6th November 2006, 4:33 AM
just got mine..
uhh on the part where you have to capture a staryu in the lighthouse.
where is the lighthouse anyway

CrimsonX
6th November 2006, 4:45 AM
bah stopped at mew 4 today. Now just Mew and browser and im done.

ChaosLucarioGirl
6th November 2006, 4:50 AM
just got mine..
uhh on the part where you have to capture a staryu in the lighthouse.
where is the lighthouse anyway

tis in the sothernmost part of fall city. ya know, the place where you first arrived in the fiore region at the start of the game? the place where snorlax was.

Blaziken108
6th November 2006, 4:56 AM
In ranger i sucks that u start with plusel and not a starter pokemon like a d/p one.but any ways in ranger im rank 12

Sir Devious
6th November 2006, 5:40 AM
I just beat Steelix, very easy, and now I think I am done with the mission... I am going out of the cave.

zonic the hedgehog
6th November 2006, 5:45 AM
In ranger i sucks that u start with plusel and not a starter pokemon like a d/p one.but any ways in ranger im rank 12

Probably because they're POKEMON RANGERS not POKEMON TRAINERS, which means they start off with whatever Pokemon they tame/befriend first, which happens to either be plusle or minun.

Topaz Archer
6th November 2006, 5:46 AM
I just saved before Entei, Suicune, and Raikou. I will ATTEMPT it tommorow. if I am not too loaded with Spanish, Pre-Algebra, and Language Arts homework.

thundermouse
6th November 2006, 5:56 AM
im stuck on stupid camerupt in that tunnel :@

Sir Devious
6th November 2006, 5:57 AM
Really? He was easy for me... good luck.

I am in the forest thing chasing Charizard for the 2nd time...

C.J. Ray
6th November 2006, 7:19 AM
I've given up on the $%%@&%**@$( Mew Mission! :@ That little son of a $@#%@ is IMPOSSIBLE TO CAPTURE! DON'T GO THERE! (Pulls out a gun and shoots his Toys'R'Us mew in the head, blowing its brains out.)

Sorry, I got carried away. But does anyone agree with me that Mew is the most difficult Pokemon to Style Capture? You only get three seconds before he flees and then you have to chase him to another area. :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

Sir Devious
6th November 2006, 7:34 AM
I can't beat the 2nd Charizard... -_-

MidnightScott
6th November 2006, 8:08 AM
I finally caught Entei and defeated Gordor. Yay, I beat the game :)

~Scott;229;

sceptilianmaster
6th November 2006, 10:17 AM
THE SWITCHES IN THE HIDEOUT R GAY!
I'll try to get past them...
Edit: Whew finally...

AuggieNYC
6th November 2006, 12:33 PM
THE SWITCHES IN THE HIDEOUT R GAY!
I'll try to get past them...
Edit: Whew finally...

So the switches are homosexuals now???

anyways, I'm finally done with the Deoxys mission. I'm taking it slow now, want it to entertain me until the Wii comes out.

C.J. Ray
6th November 2006, 6:08 PM
No, that's a slang term meaning that they are being unkind to you. If you were joking, sorry about that.

BlazikenRocks
6th November 2006, 6:19 PM
i need help on the sekra range mission, i can't get past the red light things.

maxxa
6th November 2006, 7:06 PM
can you trade from ranger to other games?

Hitaka
6th November 2006, 8:52 PM
can you trade from ranger to other games?

For the thousandth time, no. Only the Manaphy egg is tradable.

Mewtoo
6th November 2006, 9:46 PM
I got to charizard for the second time (at sekra range) but I cant get him, its hard..

Mystic Demon
6th November 2006, 10:06 PM
Thats the one thing I remember from the Japanese version. Took me forever to beat charizard the first time and than I was mad when he camw back. English I only had to try 3 times.

C.J. Ray
7th November 2006, 12:02 AM
Sorry this if off-topic, ignore it if you hate self-pity messages.

I have to replace my DS because I foolishly scratched up the touch screen to the point where it's impossible to do a capture because the game thinks you are lifting up the stylus, when you actually scrape across a pitted piece of the screen. That'll teach me to neglect my DS. :@

Anyways, on-topic, I managed to complete all the special missions(thank you for whoever suggests using Shedinja's assist, I was tearing my hair out last time - but then that's because I was busy multi-tasking and taping TV. :(

Now I am completing the Ranger Browser, and that means I have to deal with the annoying Capture Arena. I was trying to get Psyduck and discovered that the touch screen won't register my stylus anymore when I kept failing to capture a simple Staryu. (oops, sorry, see above) Once I replace my old DS, I'll try again.

spacefissure
7th November 2006, 12:02 AM
I'm at the second Charizard too. I almost had him with a full-powered Plusle stun, but I screwed up at the last loop, and that really cost me.

blindskater
7th November 2006, 3:20 AM
I am fighting Entei the second time. He is too hard, I can get passed Rakiou and Suicune with Donphan and Grovile, but entie is too hard.

Pokemon Pichu
7th November 2006, 4:38 AM
Beating Entei the second time isn't that hard... just be sure to use a few ghost and psychic assists. Super simple!

blindskater
7th November 2006, 5:25 AM
I know, it's just that my fingers slip, I use Pulse, Medicham(if needed), Gengar, and swalot. I have an espeon just in case.

AuggieNYC
7th November 2006, 8:52 AM
I'm working on the browser again.
Is there anything special that I need to do in the lake where there's a sign saying "don't throw anything in the lake" or something like that??

Munchlaxie
7th November 2006, 1:13 PM
I can't beat that darn Salamence! Any pointers? :rolleyes:

Mewtoo
7th November 2006, 6:44 PM
I'm just got to Gordor at Fiore temple, when he has entei, raikou, and suicune. I'm stuck there, any advice?

Basicly, I have Medicham, swalot, donphan, vaporeon, raichu, grovyle, and 2 gengars. I need to get rid of 1. which do i get rid of?

Swirling Squirtle
7th November 2006, 6:52 PM
i just go to level or rank 5!!! how many ranks are there??

Mewtoo
7th November 2006, 6:58 PM
^^^

I'm at level 10 rank, I think it's 10 or 11 ranks in all.

Yes! I got entei, raikou and suicune @ fiore temple

I used Donphan for raikou, easy.

SUicune was a harder, because made fighting clones. I used grovyle ang gengar.

Entei was the hardest. I tried with gengar, but it failed. I used raichu to restore hp fully. Then when the flames were in collumns on either side of the screen, I used vaporeons poke assist and trapped entei, then capturing it, because water is supper effective, it worked better :)

ChaosLucarioGirl
7th November 2006, 8:34 PM
well completed everything 'sept the browser. all I can say is damn capture arena. why did ya have to be so hard?

Swirling Squirtle
7th November 2006, 8:41 PM
soo you have to finish the browser.....if the browser is completed wat will happen???

also I REACHED RANK 7 YAY!!! ONLY 3 MORE AND ILL BE ABLE TO BRING AROUND 7 POKEMON!

lol this game was more fun than i thought it would be...the only complication i have is that, some pokemon are really hard to get its sooo crazy!

Mewtoo
7th November 2006, 9:16 PM
I just finished deoxys mission and i'm on celebi mission

Swirling Squirtle
7th November 2006, 9:23 PM
do any of you guys think this is an easy game?

Mewtoo
7th November 2006, 9:33 PM
^^^

It's pretty easy, until you vs. Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Salamence, and Charzard.

Just finished celebi mission and deoxys mission, now doing mew mission.

Skitty
7th November 2006, 9:44 PM
Hi i ahve Ranger too.(English Version) I cant get past the stupid salamance its too hard to do 22 rings!!! (plus it keeps attacking and moving

Mewtoo
7th November 2006, 10:10 PM
Just finished the 3 ranger net missions.

Deoxys: overall hard

celebi: easy

Mew: inbetween hardness, It is just hard to capture him because it runs away quickly.

Munchlaxie
7th November 2006, 10:15 PM
Hi i ahve Ranger too.(English Version) I cant get past the stupid salamance its too hard to do 22 rings!!! (plus it keeps attacking and moving

Wait until he does his Dragon Rage.. and his hyperbeam ofcourse. Then when he is flying circle like a crazy man around him but keep avoiding him while circling. Only try this when he's flying, because he won't fire anything at ya.

rasangen
7th November 2006, 11:00 PM

how did you get to that rank

Swirling Squirtle
7th November 2006, 11:22 PM
....there is a 12 rank?? i thought it only went up to 10

Entei25
7th November 2006, 11:30 PM
It only goes up to Rank ten.

Neko Godot
8th November 2006, 12:31 AM
I'm up to the 2nd battle with Tiffany.

The Thrashmeister
8th November 2006, 12:39 AM
I'm working on completing my browser. I currently have 207 entries.

LBB
8th November 2006, 12:59 AM
just got entei first try;D
currently doing the generator shutdown thingie..

The Thrashmeister
8th November 2006, 1:03 AM
Failed miserably at the Capture Arena. Suprisingly, Serebii's tips don't work, seeing as by the time I get to the third rank, I'll only have about thirty seconds left, and that's not enough time to wait for three Pokemon to drop on the screen. >_>

Captured a Sceptile too. 'Tis all, now I'm taking a break.