PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116

Akashin
10th April 2014, 4:38 PM
In that case wouldn't it have made more sense for only Sasuke to get the Rinnegan since he's actually met the requirements?

Well, who knows. The requirements Sasuke met were to turn the Sharingan back into the Rinnegan; one would think that getting power from the Sage directly would trump the need to build up to it the way the Sharingan does.

That being said, it still makes more sense for Sasuke to have the Rinnegan than Naruto. Him being the eyes and Naruto the body, and all that.

TsukiMirage
10th April 2014, 9:01 PM
Gai and that move were simply awesome. Glad he's not gonna be killed off, and at least he proved his worth to Madara. As expected, Naruto seems to have gotten the Rikudou Sennin's yang power, power to create life. That means Sasuke probably got the yin power, turning imagination into reality.

I'm taking Sasuke being Hokage as joke tbh. But wait there's more, Sakura and Kiba also wants to be Hokage. Boom.
Not everything said should be taken seriously, and the show is about Naruto, so he's obviously going to be Hokage. Sasuke has literally had just as much screen time, if not more, dedicated to him. Not only did he have his own plot going for some time, but his plot basically overtook Naruto's plot, turning the whole Bijuu situation into just another Uchiha situation. By that logic, only Naruto would be involved in the current event and received a power from the Rikudou Sennin, but that's clearly not what happen. Naruto's important, and as such, he's not gonna be delegated to such a small position. He's gonna become the next Rikudou Sennin, which would obviously be far more fitting for "the main character", right?

Lorde
10th April 2014, 11:37 PM
It's hard to believe that Madara will ever truly die in my opinion. I mean, he can apparently regenerate his body so how can he be killed?

Platinum fan.
11th April 2014, 12:09 AM
It's hard to believe that Madara will ever truly die in my opinion. I mean, he can apparently regenerate his body so how can he be killed?

Well Madara had better die! Platinum fan is tired of these Uchihas and all their annoying unnecessary drama and dragging down the ninja world with them. This war arc ruined Obito, the only Uchiha I actually liked! Ruined him! Anyway about Madara being able to regenerate it's just yet another trollish power. Trolldara feels like he belongs in DBZ rather then Naruto. That's how OP he is. If he can't be talk no jutsu'd then they should try cutting off his head. If he's still alive then wow...speaking of which if someone cut of Tsunade's head with her regenerated powers going would she live through it? Would she like grow another head or something? Kinda random, but if we're talking about the strength of regenerative powers.

PokeMaster366
11th April 2014, 12:30 AM
Well Madara had better die! Platinum fan is tired of these Uchihas and all their annoying unnecessary drama and dragging down the ninja world with them. This war arc ruined Obito, the only Uchiha I actually liked! Ruined him! Anyway about Madara being able to regenerate it's just yet another trollish power. Trolldara feels like he belongs in DBZ rather then Naruto. That's how OP he is. If he can't be talk no jutsu'd then they should try cutting off his head. If he's still alive then wow...speaking of which if someone cut of Tsunade's head with her regenerated powers going would she live through it? Would she like grow another head or something? Kinda random, but if we're talking about the strength of regenerative powers.

Well, we know a character in One Piece recently got their head chopped off, and they're still alive. I wouldn't be surprised if a character on here survived decapitation.

Lorde
11th April 2014, 1:06 AM

I'm starting to think that Madara will have to be sealed if he doesn't get talk no jutsu'd. I mean that seems like the only way to beat someone like him in my opinion.

Platinum fan.
11th April 2014, 4:45 PM
I'm starting to think that Madara will have to be sealed if he doesn't get talk no jutsu'd. I mean that seems like the only way to beat someone like him in my opinion.

Well Naruto doesn't know how to seal, so someone else will have to do that. That's the problem when you overpower a character too much. Defeating that OP character is going to look just as cheap as the OP character himself, and Trolldara excels at being cheap.

Nodame
11th April 2014, 8:46 PM
It's not so much that Madara was stronger as it was that Madara had the right counter (regeneration). The only reason Madara survived this long has been thanks to Hashirama's Dna.

Lorde
11th April 2014, 10:23 PM
Well Naruto doesn't know how to seal, so someone else will have to do that. That's the problem when you overpower a character too much. Defeating that OP character is going to look just as cheap as the OP character himself, and Trolldara excels at being cheap.

Well maybe the power that the Sage of Six Paths shared with Naruto involves a sealing jutsu of some kind. I just don't see how else Madara would be beaten. :x

TsukiMirage
11th April 2014, 11:30 PM
It's hard to believe that Madara will ever truly die in my opinion. I mean, he can apparently regenerate his body so how can he be killed? Hashirama had the same ability and he still ended up dead. Heck, Madara technically had this ability before (given that he transplanted Hashirama's Dna decades ago) and still ended up dying. He'll die, it'll just take the right conditions.

Shneak
12th April 2014, 3:01 AM

Probably, but I can already sense how anticlimactic this can be. The strongest person in this manga with some of the most ridiculous influence ever should be killed off.

But then again, Edo Tensei. Madara would ironically be better imprisoned in the ninja pot than the RDS.

Emperor Empoleon
12th April 2014, 8:30 AM
The early spoilers are interesting.

~ Naruto's packing Sage Art: Lava Release Rasenshuriken, courtesy of the 4 Tails/Son Goku.
~ Madara appears to be quite troubled by Naruto's new power. This on top of damage from Gai's death blow still lingering.

Finna get REKT.

Red and Blue
14th April 2014, 9:46 PM
So, did Kishimoto just cpmpletely forget about Killer Bee? It's been like twenty chapters since he lost his tailed beast and we don't even know if he survived.

Locormus
15th April 2014, 4:11 PM
The early spoilers are interesting.

~ Naruto's packing Sage Art: Lava Release Rasenshuriken, courtesy of the 4 Tails/Son Goku.
~ Madara appears to be quite troubled by Naruto's new power. This on top of damage from Gai's death blow still lingering.

Finna get REKT.

Not to mention that Sasuke comes and in and after that, we basically have a standoff with Madara facing:
- Naruto Sage, with all 9 Bijuu powers.
- Sasuke Sage, or at least Rinnegan.
- Kakashi and Obito
- Orochimaru and Kabuto
- Gaara and Lee

Possibilities, but all very minor:
- Suigetsu, Karin and Juugo: Where else would they go, Juugo's been outsourced by the sage I'd guess.
- Sakura: Would Obito leave her in his dimension? That dirty boy!
- Tenten: On her way with the pot.

Big question, did Gai blow out Madara's Hashi-face from his chest, or was that on his other side?

This is probably the largest team effort ever.. Now we just need some Ino-Shika-Cho, hell no.. Just kidding. Wondering what Yamato's involvement is at this stage..

Bee..

Emperor Empoleon
16th April 2014, 7:10 AM
Naruto's new look is mighty fine...

- Sasuke Sage, or at least Rinnegan.

Apparently he's got the eye of the Juubi now after his upgrade. I didn't even think that was possible.

It is so done, lol.

Big question, did Gai blow out Madara's Hashi-face from his chest, or was that on his other side?

Yeah, that half of him was blown off. He might be ale to regenerate it tho.

Lorde
16th April 2014, 7:42 AM
Naruto's Lava Release Rasenshuriken was cool, although it was merely a small improvement. I liked seeing Madara looking troubled for once, but he's still up and kicking. Anyway, Sasuke's Rinnegan/Sharingan hybrid was kind of expected.

Red and Blue
16th April 2014, 7:56 AM
Well this is it. The beginning of the final battle.

Can`t wait to see Naruto using the power of all of the beasts and the abilities of Sasuke`s Rinnegan

uber gon
16th April 2014, 2:20 PM
Now I kind of want to see a spin-off where this manga was more slice-of-life. Like, have Naruto use that Lava Rasenshuriken to mow the lawn or something.

Platinum fan.
16th April 2014, 2:25 PM
This chapter robbed Might Guy of his honorable shinobi death. Oh well. I did like Naruto's lava Rasenshuriken thing. If he can use that frequently then Naruto passes that Jounin thing where you need two natures or whatever. Not that it matters, since Naruto is Gokage level. We finally got to see Trolldara get owned and take it seriously, unlike with Guy, where Trolldara knows plot will save him so he's smirking at it. Sasuke has Rinnegan, like we all didn't see that coming. Nagato stay in your grave. You don't want to see this. I'm guessing Sasuke can do all the Rinnegan power stuff. So basically Naruto and Sasuke are as broken as Trolldara now. Not much left to say about that. I'm curious what Obito wants Sakura to do. Probably wants Sakura to kill him or something like that. Obito must be sick of this shinobi world and wants out. Or maybe Obito's going to give Sakura his power to give the illusion that Sakura is useful for this final fight. Either way Obito is probably finished now. And I don't know about the rest of you but I love to see Gaara and Naruto drink sake cups together when Naruto becomes Hokage. Tea time with the Gokage. Make it happen. Overall a meh chapter. Overpowered main character and overpowered rival vs overpowered villain. That's what this chapter was all about.

RIN IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU!

pwnswitchclik
16th April 2014, 2:43 PM
So Sasuke awakened the Rinnegan in his left eye...Madara is missing his left eye...What if he is gonna steal it?

Venasaurrules
16th April 2014, 4:16 PM
Wow, I just joined the Serebii forums today, it's my first time as a member on Serebii forums. I can't believe that this forum thread has been on-going for almost 8 years now lol. But yeah Naruto has become a sage and Sasuke has the Rinnegan which is so crazy! 673 was such a legendary chapter. This war between Naruto/Sasuke vs Madara better be sick as hell. Naruto's ending soon, can you believe it!? Wow man, that's so sad that it's ending. We better get a good fight and a good ending. 673 reminded me why I love this series. Great chapter and things in the Naruto world are exciting! I wonder what Obito asked Sakura. I also wished Gai died, it would've made things much more tragic that was my only complaint. But yeah, great chapter!

Nodame
16th April 2014, 4:58 PM
Now Sasuke has the... Rinnegan. I suppose it's far more potent than Madara's Rinnegan. It has to be if he's going to compete at this level. Only big thought is I wonder what Obito is going to ask of Sakura?

So the part when Madara says "I am truly immortal" after from what it looks like him absorbing the tree. Was that Otsutsuki Kaguya that's within Madara now? I think the reason why Sasuke only has one Rinnegan activated is because he has half of the sage's power. Naruto right hand has the sun, while Sasuke's has the moon on the left. I think lol. The only thing I find odd about Sasuke Rinnegan is it's a fusion of the sharingan, the rinnegan that kaguya and the ten tails possessed. I'm sure Sasuke has some unique moves Madara won't have access to. I can't wait to see the full extant of both Naruto and Sasuke's power ups.

Tyrantrum
16th April 2014, 10:22 PM
Wonder how long the final fight will go on...probably another 10 chapters of final fight.

deathseer
16th April 2014, 11:07 PM
The only hope I have for Sasuke is that he displays the ability to use all 5 chakra natures like the series claims the Rinnegan can do. For everyone who has it, we don't see much of that and instead rely on the broken Six Paths Technique.

Lorde
16th April 2014, 11:09 PM
So the part when Madara says "I am truly immortal" after from what it looks like him absorbing the tree. Was that Otsutsuki Kaguya that's within Madara now?

The Juubi was the one who told Madara to absorb the tree, so he's got more of the Juubi's full power now from what I can tell.

Platinum fan.
16th April 2014, 11:24 PM
Question, does Naruto have powerups from all the Tailed Beast or just some? Because if Naruto has powerups from all nine Biju, then he is greatly OP right now. It goes against the Naruto training to gain his powerups bit but at this point whatever. I want to see powers from two-tails, or three-tails, maybe something from six-tails. The possibilities are endless. If he has those powerups anyway.

deathseer
16th April 2014, 11:38 PM
Theoretically, Naruto has every power that each of the Tailed Beasts has. So that includes Shukaku's Sand manipulation, Son Goku's Lava Release, as shown with his new Rasenshuriken, and the 3 Tails Water Release. The only chakra nature he doesn't have is Lightning unless we see that one of the Tailed Beasts had it but wasn't used up until this point.

p96822
16th April 2014, 11:46 PM
Will in a way he has been using the powers of Kurama for a while so it can be call training on the field

Lorde
16th April 2014, 11:49 PM
Question, does Naruto have powerups from all the Tailed Beast or just some? Because if Naruto has powerups from all nine Biju, then he is greatly OP right now. It goes against the Naruto training to gain his powerups bit but at this point whatever. I want to see powers from two-tails, or three-tails, maybe something from six-tails. The possibilities are endless. If he has those powerups anyway.

He had to become OP to deal with Madara, so I'll let it slide. I still expect this fight to last another 20 chapters though; it's like a never-ending story. :p

Platinum fan.
16th April 2014, 11:49 PM
Theoretically, Naruto has every power that each of the Tailed Beasts has. So that includes Shukaku's Sand manipulation, Son Goku's Lava Release, as shown with his new Rasenshuriken, and the 3 Tails Water Release. The only chakra nature he doesn't have is Lightning unless we see that one of the Tailed Beasts had it but wasn't used up until this point.

Well, well, well! It's possible one of the other Tailed Beast has lightning. Naruto being able to use all the Tailed Beast powers. If it wasn't for the fact that Kishi made the Uchihas the Super Saiyans of Naruto, I would say Naruto is unrivaled by anyone. Forget Hokage, Naruto could have run for like supreme Gokage of the Shinobi system.

If this fight last another 20 chapters I will lose my head! We've been at this for nearly two years now!

Red and Blue
16th April 2014, 11:57 PM
So, do you guys think Naruto and Sasuke will keep their power-ups after they defeat Madara?

Platinum fan.
17th April 2014, 12:02 AM
So, do you guys think Naruto and Sasuke will keep their power-ups after they defeat Madara?

A better question is where is Sakura's unfair powerup? Seriously these females in these team of three ninjas just feel more and more pointless. Where's Sakura's slice of the pie? Where's her cheap powerup that makes her insanely op? Why is Sakura left high and dry?

Akashin
17th April 2014, 12:22 AM
A better question is where is Sakura's unfair powerup? Seriously these females in these team of three ninjas just feel more and more pointless. Where's Sakura's slice of the pie? Where's her cheap powerup that makes her insanely op? Why is Sakura left high and dry?

The same place as the power-up she could have gotten around when Naruto and Sasuke got Sage Mode/Mangekyo, I suppose... It's nothing new. Unfair perhaps, but par for the course.

Nodame
17th April 2014, 12:29 AM
While I do think she needs screen time, but please... we don't need a third Mary Sue. I'm happy with her development, she's normal at least and that's what makes her special. She's not perfect, all powerful Mary Sue. She has flaws, and has to struggle and go through changes. My only complain is that she needs spotlight. Kishi is leaving her behind like always :x

Platinum fan.
17th April 2014, 12:30 AM
The same place as the power-up she could have gotten around when Naruto and Sasuke got Sage Mode/Mangekyo, I suppose... It's nothing new. Unfair perhaps, but par for the course.

Well they were trying to build her up as the next Tsunade/Sannin and quite frankly Tsunade's looking like a nobody nowadays. Just a talented medic ninja who can live through being cut in half. Offensive wise I'd put Kakashi and Guy in front of her now. But anyway back to poor Sakura, it feels like females in general always get the lame end of the stick when on teas with important guys. Well maybe Obito will give Sakura her unfair OP, BS powerup. I bet they'll make us wait to see what Obito wants Sakura to do. I won't mind Obito giving Sakura a powerup, but they better not do what I think they are going to do with Obito and Sakura. Don't do! Don't do it Kishi!

Lorde
17th April 2014, 12:30 AM

I hope not. They're probably on par with Madara at the moment and they don't need to keep all that power after the war, especially since it's a borrowed power.

p96822
17th April 2014, 12:42 AM
maybe Sakura will get her power up by Obito because that would be awesome

Lorde
17th April 2014, 12:45 AM
maybe Sakura will get her power up by Obito

I'm gonna cackle like a hyena if she gets his Sharingan/Rinnegan. :p

Nodame
17th April 2014, 12:51 AM
maybe Sakura will get her power up by Obito
Good point. Kishi will definitly give her powerup. I just hope it's not a mary suesh one lol

Platinum fan.
17th April 2014, 1:03 AM
Good point. Kishi will definitly give her powerup. I just hope it's not a mary suesh one lol

I wouldn't say definitely. She might get a boost, but it's not promised. She's not a reincarnation like Naruto and Sasuke are. She's just the obligatory female on any three man team in Naruto. Maybe Obito's going to ask Sakura to kill him to get rid of Black Zetsu on him. Whatever they do, it just better not be what I'm fearing. And they better not!

Nodame
17th April 2014, 1:11 AM
I wouldn't say definitely. She might get a boost, but it's not promised. She's not a reincarnation like Naruto and Sasuke are. She's just the obligatory female on any three man team in Naruto. Maybe Obito's going to ask Sakura to kill him to get rid of Black Zetsu on him. Whatever they do, it just better not be what I'm fearing. And they better not!
Yeah you're right, but assuming that its the last fight, I have a feeling she will get a farewell powerup which I don't mind. And what are you so worried about? lol :p

Platinum fan.
17th April 2014, 1:33 AM
Yeah you're right, but assuming that its the last fight, I have a feeling she will get a farewell powerup which I don't mind. And what are you so worried about? lol :p

If I say it then I'll jinx it and it'll happen. But the longer Obito and Sakura are together then more likely it'll happen. Don't let it happen! Do not do it! Obito does not need it!

Nodame
17th April 2014, 1:52 AM
If I say it then I'll jinx it and it'll happen. But the longer Obito and Sakura are together then more likely it'll happen. Don't let it happen! Do not do it! Obito does not need it!

lol maybe he'll tell her how she reminds him of Rin and will tell her to watch out for Naruto.

XanderCage
17th April 2014, 2:06 AM
Obito said he has to ask Sakura something as her enemy and not her ally. The way I see it he is going to ask her to attack him as her enemy with her goal being to destroy his rinnegan. If he was asking as an ally I could see him asking her to help revive him or remove Zetsu or give her some powerup.

Now with his new powers I'm hoping well see some new original jutsu from Naruto. Lava release rasenshuriken was cool but I hope it was just the tip of the iceberg. I want to see something brand new that we haven't seen from anyone before. Something to show how much he has progressed without the bijuus. It can be something that uses there power but I'd like to see seething original and not rasengan based.

deathseer
17th April 2014, 2:07 AM
I see a couple of thing happening after this fight involving Naruto and Sasuke:

1. The Tailed Beasts are sealed away after Madara's defeat/imprisonment/alliance shift. They have been the cause of so much strife for the Ninja World and are a large reason as to why other villages are constantly at each other's throats. They're basically nuclear deterrents, with each village fearing that the other would send their jinchuriki after them should they attack and every village wants the strongest ones to themselves. With them removed from the world, it stops other villages from killing each other to pursue them. Not only that, it depowers Naruto who is nothing short of a god at this point and puts him more on the level of a Kage. Not to mention I would much prefer it is Naruto's focus was shifted towards Sage Mode and Wind Release jutsu instead of giving him every bijuu power up under the sun.

2. Sasuke loses his Rinnegan. Like Naruto losing the Tailed Beasts, Sasuke loses his powerup granted to him by the Sage, if anything beause it feels like it was a last minute super boost that main characters get when fighting the main villain of a series towards its end. Writers always seem to feel the need to give their main characters ridiculous powerups when fighting the villain due to virtually nothing else being effective. Sasuke with the ability to use all 5 nature transformations is a power for a threat that no longer exists, much like Naruto have every single Tailed Beast inside of him. Like Naruto, Sasuke is still formidable without powerups like that, with him still having the Sharingan, Fire and Lightning Release.

Lorde
17th April 2014, 2:11 AM
Obito said he has to ask Sakura something as her enemy and not her ally. The way I see it he is going to ask her to attack him as her enemy with her goal being to destroy his rinnegan.

I could see that happening since that way Black Zetsu won't be able to give Madara the other Rinnegan. Speaking of which, what happened to Spiral Zetsu?

Platinum fan.
17th April 2014, 2:23 AM
lol maybe he'll tell her how she reminds him of Rin and will tell her to watch out for Naruto.

You see, now that you said it it will happen! That is exactly what I don't want to see! Do not let it happen! Do not stain Obito's Holy Grail! I don't want to see it! The two are not alike beyond being the useless female healers of their teams. Don't do it! Do! Not! Do! It! I'll scream if it happens!

Locormus
17th April 2014, 2:40 AM

That backstabber-to-be!

I could see that happening since that way Black Zetsu won't be able to give Madara the other Rinnegan. Speaking of which, what happened to Spiral Zetsu?

Still fighting somewhere? Don't know, don't care, but a fake spoiler did include him..

comedian
17th April 2014, 4:28 AM
did anyone else notice kaguya's eye set on the bottom-left corner of page 12ish(varies from site to site) if it is, then i have an interesting theory as to a part of the story from that era that may have been unspoken.EDIT: youll have to pardon me for my cryptically worded post, but im not used to this forum and am unsure if this is a thread to post theories

nuzamaki90
17th April 2014, 5:29 AM
Sasuke now has a fused Sharingan with a Rinnegan...A Sharinnegan if you will.

10/10

Lorde
17th April 2014, 5:42 AM
did anyone else notice kaguya's eye set on the bottom-left corner of page 12ish(varies from site to site) if it is, then i have an interesting theory as to a part of the story from that era that may have been unspoken.EDIT: youll have to pardon me for my cryptically worded post, but im not used to this forum and am unsure if this is a thread to post theories

I saw it too, but I took it as mere foreshadowing to what Madara's next form will resemble now that he's absorbed the entire Shinju.

Platinum fan.
17th April 2014, 5:50 AM
I saw it too, but I took it as mere foreshadowing to what Madara's next form will resemble now that he's absorbed the entire Shinju.

I hope Trolldara does not have another form. I don't want another year long fight with Trolldara. It would be too much for me. Too much.

comedian
17th April 2014, 6:11 AM

pardon me if i am reaching with this but i saw it as foreshadowing that kaguya is somehow involved in the current storyline and got me thinking about some things that
were just kind of granted, like how the shinju came after so6p for being born with chakra as opposed to going after the original thief? and why did kaguya not fight alongside
her children against the shinju? and why was her role in the story so mitigated compared to hagoromo's? then it occured to me that something happened to kaguya between
birthing her children and them fighting the ten-tails. My theory is that kaguya either became one with the shinju or(and bear with me here) maybe the original shinju condensed
it's essence into the fruit and over time after eating it kaguya became the shinju. i don't have a clue what happened to the original but this does answer a lot of the questions such
as why her children had to pay for her sins. heck she could even tenpenchii like the current ten-tails did.

if this just seems like trolling bs please ignore it

if not; feel free to comment:)

PokeMaster366
17th April 2014, 3:46 PM
I see a couple of thing happening after this fight involving Naruto and Sasuke:

1. The Tailed Beasts are sealed away after Madara's defeat/imprisonment/alliance shift. They have been the cause of so much strife for the Ninja World and are a large reason as to why other villages are constantly at each other's throats. They're basically nuclear deterrents, with each village fearing that the other would send their jinchuriki after them should they attack and every village wants the strongest ones to themselves. With them removed from the world, it stops other villages from killing each other to pursue them. Not only that, it depowers Naruto who is nothing short of a god at this point and puts him more on the level of a Kage. Not to mention I would much prefer it is Naruto's focus was shifted towards Sage Mode and Wind Release jutsu instead of giving him every bijuu power up under the sun.

2. Sasuke loses his Rinnegan. Like Naruto losing the Tailed Beasts, Sasuke loses his powerup granted to him by the Sage, if anything beause it feels like it was a last minute super boost that main characters get when fighting the main villain of a series towards its end. Writers always seem to feel the need to give their main characters ridiculous powerups when fighting the villain due to virtually nothing else being effective. Sasuke with the ability to use all 5 nature transformations is a power for a threat that no longer exists, much like Naruto have every single Tailed Beast inside of him. Like Naruto, Sasuke is still formidable without powerups like that, with him still having the Sharingan, Fire and Lightning Release.

You also have to consider the idea that the tailed beasts are kind of like the cornerstones of some of a lot of these major villages. If they were just removed outright, you would likely have the "Link Between Worlds" problem again. It'll probably be for the best that Naruto keep the Tailed Beasts within him and watch over them. The Ninja World has a lot of rebuilding to do, and the power of the tailed beasts and the Rinnegan should help a lot with that. Sure, Naruto is eventually going to get a few funny looks for being so powerful and allied to Konohagakure, but if he can keep the political BS in check, things should be okay. Maybe, if he does die, he'll have found a way to get everyone to use chakra in the same way the Sage of Six Paths originally planned it to be used.

TsukiMirage
17th April 2014, 11:12 PM
Naruto's previous performance has me worried. If he was that powerful even before powering up, I can't see this fight continuing without some massive PIS. Sasuke having the combo Sharinnegan was interesting, but I'm kind of sick of the Rinnegan and was hoping he wouldn't get it, so I really hope it has something unique going for it. Still, we're nearing the end and that's a plus.

Red and Blue
17th April 2014, 11:40 PM
I have a feeling that the final battle with Madara will only be a couple of chapters. It would only be longer if Madara will gain a big advantage over Naruto and Sasuke, which I doubt he will at this point.

Lorde
17th April 2014, 11:40 PM
I just hope that Naruto combines more of the Bijuu's chakra to create more jutsu variations like he did with the Rasenshuriken.

Shneak
18th April 2014, 4:10 AM
People are saying that Sasuke has the Juubi's Eye but he doesn't show his face until the last panel and it's kind of hard to tell. I think he's going to ultimately provide utility to Naruto because Naruto's upgrade has so much potential to work with. I hope it goes beyond Son Goku's lava.

We'll have to see how our villains progress. Obito and Sakura being alone together makes me think he'll make Sakura destroy the Rinnegan. Madara also seems like he'll be possessed by Kaguya.

FlashFusion
18th April 2014, 4:13 AM
I want to see the world's most powerful '1000 Years of Death' to kill Trolldara.

Platinum fan.
18th April 2014, 3:15 PM
I just hope that Naruto combines more of the Bijuu's chakra to create more jutsu variations like he did with the Rasenshuriken.

The Rasenshuriken will just become a overexposed move just like the regular Rasengan did. Well that just makes it a Naruto move. Maybe he'll use his clones and do a hundred different Rasenshurikens. I want to see more Biju powers used by Naruto. Lets see some of the other Tailed Beast abilities.

-Raiga-
18th April 2014, 8:06 PM
So something that I didn't quite understand about the chapter was the lava release Rasenshuriken. Because isn't being a wind release what makes the rasenshuriken....well, the rasenshuriken? Or is it like a kekkei Genkei?

I don't know, I just think Kishimoto should have made a rasengan strictly with a fire release.

Dew Watatsumi
18th April 2014, 8:21 PM
I want to see the world's most powerful '1000 Years of Death' to kill Trolldara.

No, the Sexy Jutsu will defeat Madara

All in seriousness, I think Madara will "die" once Kaguya takes over his body since he did absorb the god tree... Though I think the ninja tools that TenTen has (from Ningaku and Ginkaku) will be able to defeat Maduya (Madara+Kaguya)

Skiks
18th April 2014, 8:36 PM
So something that I didn't quite understand about the chapter was the lava release Rasenshuriken. Because isn't being a wind release what makes the rasenshuriken....well, the rasenshuriken? Or is it like a kekkei Genkei?

I don't know, I just think Kishimoto should have made a rasengan strictly with a fire release.
Thats just the form it takes. It can be augmented to have any element considering the original Ransengan is just a ball of chakra.

-Raiga-
18th April 2014, 10:45 PM
Thats just the form it takes. It can be augmented to have any element considering the original Ransengan is just a ball of chakra.

I know that, that's what I'm saying. It becomes the Rasenshuriken from the wind element. If it was replaced with fire wouldn't it lose the shuriken and take the shape of a bomb or something fire like?

Unless I misunderstood your post lol

Lorde
18th April 2014, 11:26 PM
The Rasenshuriken will just become a overexposed move just like the regular Rasengan did. Well that just makes it a Naruto move. Maybe he'll use his clones and do a hundred different Rasenshurikens. I want to see more Biju powers used by Naruto. Lets see some of the other Tailed Beast abilities.

The Rasenshuriken is already overexposed though, so I don't really care that Naruto is adding other chakra elements to it. At least Naruto's making good use of the Bijuu's powers.

Akashin
18th April 2014, 11:45 PM
I know that, that's what I'm saying. It becomes the Rasenshuriken from the wind element. If it was replaced with fire wouldn't it lose the shuriken and take the shape of a bomb or something fire like?

Unless I misunderstood your post lol

You did misunderstand. The shuriken shape isn't a product of it being Wind Release; the tiny wind blades the Rasenshuriken is composed of is the Wind Release. That it's a shuriken is simply something Naruto did with it when creating it, and that shouldn't change regardless of what the Jutsu is composed of.

Platinum fan.
19th April 2014, 12:44 AM
The Rasenshuriken is already overexposed though, so I don't really care that Naruto is adding other chakra elements to it. At least Naruto's making good use of the Bijuu's powers.

Now, I wouldn't say it's too overexposed. I mean it's about to be, but before now it was moderately used. It would be cool to see him make some new element shapes with the Tailed Beast powers, instead of just putting it all on the Rasenshuriken move. Maybe that is asking for too much but oh well.

Red and Blue
19th April 2014, 1:02 AM
It would be nice to see Naruto create new techniques using the Beasts power, instead of simply adding them to his rasengan.

I wonder if Sasuke will use the Six Paths Technique now that he has the Rinnegan?

Lorde
19th April 2014, 1:21 AM
I wonder if Sasuke will use the Six Paths Technique now that he has the Rinnegan?

If you mean that he'll create "Pains" like Nagato made, then no, I don't think he will. It doesn't sound like something he'd do in my opinion.

Red and Blue
19th April 2014, 1:24 AM
If you mean that he'll create "Pains" like Nagato made, then no, I don't think he will. It doesn't sound like something he'd do in my opinion.

Nagato could still use the powers of the individual pains, even without the extra bodies. He proved this when he was revived by Kabuto.

Platinum fan.
19th April 2014, 1:24 AM
Sasuke might be able to use all the powers of the Pain dolls. In addition to all the hax powers of MS it makes Sasuke almost as broken as Trolldara.

Lorde
19th April 2014, 1:29 AM
Nagato could still use the powers of the individual pains, even without the extra bodies. He proved this when he was revived by Kabuto.

I know. I'm talking about the various "path" bodies though, which would be redundant in my opinion. I hope Sasuke uses several chakra natures against Madara instead anyway.

Nodame
20th April 2014, 4:02 PM
That backstabber-to-be!
I just want her to get some powerup just to shut up the annoying people calling her useless.

Lorde
20th April 2014, 11:40 PM
I just want her to get some powerup just to shut up the annoying people calling her useless.

If she gets some random last minute power up, I doubt it'll change anything. Kishi always neglects her potential, so I'm not expecting anything from her sadly. :c

Platinum fan.
20th April 2014, 11:50 PM
Sakura getting a powerup this late in the game won't change anything at all really. Compared to Naruto and Sasuke, everyone and everything is pointless now. They are the Gods of the shinobi world now. So whatever Sakura does will not compare. No matter what Obito asks/makes her do.

Nodame
21st April 2014, 12:50 AM
Sakura getting a powerup this late in the game won't change anything at all really. Compared to Naruto and Sasuke, everyone and everything is pointless now. They are the Gods of the shinobi world now. So whatever Sakura does will not compare. No matter what Obito asks/makes her do.
Umm it's because Naruto and Sasuke are the main characters. No to mention, Sakura doesn't come from a prestigious clan or have a demon fox or sharingan in her which makes them stronger than most. Naruto and Sasuke are Fighter character types. Sakura is a Healer character type. Different character types entirely.

Lorde
21st April 2014, 12:53 AM
Umm it's because Naruto and Sasuke are the main characters. Sakura doesn't come from a prestigious clan or have a demon fox or sharingan in her which makes them stronger than most. Naruto and Sasuke are Fighter character types. Sakura is a Healer character type. Different character types entirely.

I think that's the point; she's not as gifted as her teammates. So if she got a power up now, it would seem a bit cheap given the she's never showcased any extraordinary abilities like Naruto or Sasuke before.

Platinum fan.
21st April 2014, 1:03 AM
I think that's the point; she's not as gifted as her teammates. So if she got a power up now, it would seem a bit cheap given the she's never showcased any extraordinary abilities like Naruto or Sasuke before.

This. This is basically what I was getting at. Sakura isn't special so her getting a upgrade is not needed. It won't help at all. Sakura is a main character too, but clearly not a important one. Sakura could be killed off and the storyline wouldn't be hurt at all. Even old Kakashi is more important to the plot then poor Sakura. Kakashi at least had the Obito storyline.

There is no upgrade that can help Sakura be useful in this Madara fight, unless she can spam a healing power that is Wolverine worthy, and even that's just playing support. So Sakura...while I feel got heavily cheated in the series, doesn't need a upgrade. Upgrading anyone who isn't Naruto or Sasuke is pointless now because they are the only two that matter. Everyone else is expendable.

Edit: When I was complaining about Sakura's lack of upgrade I was mostly making fun of how Kishi treats Sakura, the leading lady of the Naruto series, so poorly compared to her teammates. If written better I would have loved for Sakura to be right there with her teammates.

Nodame
21st April 2014, 1:05 AM

I think it's awesome for a normal fighter like Sakura to acheive all of that without relying on a special ability like her teammates.

I don't think its cheap lol. She's the disciple of a Sannin who's the 5th Hokage. Plus, these latest chapters speaks volume about her power and what she can do. Sakura seems that she has more in store regarding power in the upcoming chapters. We'll see :)

PokeMaster366
21st April 2014, 1:42 AM
This. This is basically what I was getting at. Sakura isn't special so her getting a upgrade is not needed. It won't help at all. Sakura is a main character too, but clearly not a important one. Sakura could be killed off and the storyline wouldn't be hurt at all. Even old Kakashi is more important to the plot the poor Sakura. Kakashi at least had the Obito storyline.

There is no upgrade that can help Sakura be useful in this Madara fight, unless she can spam a healing power that is Wolverine worthy, and even that's just playing support. So Sakura...while I feel got heavily cheated in the series, doesn't need a upgrade. Upgrading anyone who isn't Naruto or Sasuke is pointless now because they are the only two that matter. Everyone else is extendable.

Edit: When I was complaining about Sakura's lack of upgrade I was mostly making fun of how Kishi treats Sakura, the leading lady of the Naruto series, so poorly compared to her teammates. If written better I would have loved for Sakura to be right there with her teammates.

You know, it kind of makes you think that the series would be better off as a whole with Hinata as a member of Team 7 instead of Sakura. Kishi was saying something about using Sakura to compare how strong Naruto and Sasuke are compared to the average ninja, but no one really cares about that comparison (or most of the slapstick from her, for that matter). Truth be told, she could've been completely written out of most of the major arcs, and there would've been no substantial difference in what happened in the story. The only time she really had relevance as a member of Team 7 was during the Kazekage Rescue Arc, but really, they could've just had Chiyo be a better medic that was much more prepared for Sasori's poison. Sakura could've been made a member of a different team altogether, and she would've done very well as a side character. With the lack of appearances, the slapstick would be more enjoyable due to the lack of overuse and her role in the story would've been more respectable because there wouldn't be as much flab surrounding it (there's only so often that you can remind the audience that she loves Sasuke and is annoyed by Naruto before it wears on the nerves).

As for Hinata, it was already made clear in Part I that the Gentle Fist can also be used to improve chakra flow throughout the body. The Hyuuga clan seems to be more focused on combat, so maybe they could've had Hinata become a medic in order to break ground (kind of like in the anime). Imagine if they had Hinata be a founder of Gentle Fist acupressure as a means of accelerating the healing process. It would give the Hyuugas in general (especially the weaker ones) more purpose and Hinata's role as part of the main cast would help us all remember that the Byakugan is a thing.

-Raiga-
21st April 2014, 3:16 AM
Eh, maybe that's a good idea in retrospect, but the bottom line is its just lazy writing, which ironically started to take off right about after the Kazekage arc.

Sakura was written perfectly up until that point, there's absolutely no reason Kishi couldn't continue that. But obviously no matter what female was in the position they would've been made to look bad eventually.

deathseer
21st April 2014, 8:53 AM
And this hype trian just keep on moving. Naruto now has Magnet Release while Madara seems to have Storm Release.

Nodame
21st April 2014, 2:59 PM
You know, it kind of makes you think that the series would be better off as a whole with Hinata as a member of Team 7 instead of Sakura. Kishi was saying something about using Sakura to compare how strong Naruto and Sasuke are compared to the average ninja, but no one really cares about that comparison (or most of the slapstick from her, for that matter). Truth be told, she could've been completely written out of most of the major arcs, and there would've been no substantial difference in what happened in the story. The only time she really had relevance as a member of Team 7 was during the Kazekage Rescue Arc, but really, they could've just had Chiyo be a better medic that was much more prepared for Sasori's poison. Sakura could've been made a member of a different team altogether, and she would've done very well as a side character. With the lack of appearances, the slapstick would be more enjoyable due to the lack of overuse and her role in the story would've been more respectable because there wouldn't be as much flab surrounding it (there's only so often that you can remind the audience that she loves Sasuke and is annoyed by Naruto before it wears on the nerves).

As for Hinata, it was already made clear in Part I that the Gentle Fist can also be used to improve chakra flow throughout the body. The Hyuuga clan seems to be more focused on combat, so maybe they could've had Hinata become a medic in order to break ground (kind of like in the anime). Imagine if they had Hinata be a founder of Gentle Fist acupressure as a means of accelerating the healing process. It would give the Hyuugas in general (especially the weaker ones) more purpose and Hinata's role as part of the main cast would help us all remember that the Byakugan is a thing.

Tsunderes are perfect fit for the heroine spot imo and she gives a different dynamic to team 7 because of her personality. She doesn't have to be all powerful Mary sue to be considered a perfect heroine. Sakura is a healer and yet people expect her to have more screen time fighting and developing even though her role lies in support. This is just my opinion.

Platinum fan.
21st April 2014, 3:25 PM
Tsunderes are perfect fit for the heroine spot imo and she gives a different dynamic to team 7 because of her personality. She doesn't have to be all powerful Mary sue to be considered a perfect heroine. Sakura is a healer and yet people expect her to have more screen time fighting and developing even though her role lies in support. This is just my opinion.

Really? I thought Sakura's dynamic with team seven was quite predictable. Female lead beats up main character boy, likes a cool jerk, and slowly might develop feelings for the idiot main character. Anime plays that card all the time. It was only in part 2 that Sakura's dynamic truly changed and became something worth taking notice. I didn't have a problem with Sakura as the female lead, which says a lot because I normally don't like tsundere characters. They are loud, obnoxious, overrated, and cliched. But Sakura, IMO, managed to avoid pretty much all the bad tsundere traits. So I would not have traded her for Hinata. Sakura's problem is she has no plot to the storyline anymore and of team seven is the most expendable, even to Kakashi. The storyline they teased with Sakura at the end of part 1 was just that. A tease. Sakura had a lot of potential and none of it was reached. She is highly underrated too.

Nodame
21st April 2014, 3:55 PM
Sakura's problem is she has no plot to the storyline anymore and of team seven is the most expendable, even to Kakashi. The storyline they teased with Sakura at the end of part 1 was just that. A tease. Sakura had a lot of potential and none of it was reached. She is highly underrated too.
I won't deny that I get irritated with Kishi's lack of focus on Sakura -.- but then again I wouldn't say she has no plot to the story. That's harsh. The team 7 bond is the main structure for this series and Sakura is a part of it :)

p96822
21st April 2014, 4:58 PM
When I saw the spoilers I though when Madara launched his storm move I was thinking about this is going to be shooking

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
21st April 2014, 11:55 PM
but really, they could've just had Chiyo be a better medic that was much more prepared for Sasori's poison.

You know, even if Chiyo was a better Medical Ninja, she still wouldn't have been able to defeat Hiruko. She told Sakura that she didn't have the strength to that.

And Sakura may not be as interesting as Naruto and Sasuke because she isn't a Jinchuriki nor does she has a visual powers, but out of Konoha 11, she's the second/third strongest according to the 3rd databook tied with Naruto (this is before he got to handle Kurama, when the fourth is released his stats will be higher) and Neji, but he's dead. :/ The only thing Hinata has over her is the Byakugan. :/

Lorde
22nd April 2014, 12:02 AM
You know, even if Chiyo was a better Medical Ninja, she still wouldn't have been able to defeat Hiruko. She told Sakura that she didn't have the strength to that.

And Sakura may not be as interesting as Naruto and Sasuke because she isn't a Jinchuriki nor does she has an visual powers, but out of Konoha 11, she's the third strongest according to that databook. The only thing Hinata has over her is the Byakugan. :/

I agree that Sakura's accomplishments while fighting Sasori were impressive. Even with Chiyo's help, Sakura was the one who did the most damage. She was great then.

Platinum fan.
22nd April 2014, 1:47 AM
I agree that Sakura's accomplishments while fighting Sasori were impressive. Even with Chiyo's help, Sakura was the one who did the most damage. She was great then.

It's too bad Sakura didn't beat Sasori alone...or at all really. Without Chiyo using her as a puppet, Sasori would have killed Sakura with his opening dart attack. At least she destroyed his Kazekage puppet by herself.

As for Sasori's puppets, it seems medical ninjas are his achilles heel. Kabuto managed to cut off the puppet head of Sasori's doll as well when Yamato used it. These medical shinobi are quite something. I wish we'd got to see more of what they can do.

Lorde
22nd April 2014, 1:52 AM
It's too bad Sakura didn't beat Sasori alone...or at all really. Without Chiyo using her as a puppet, Sasori would have killed Sakura with his opening dart attack. At least she destroyed his Kazekage puppet by herself.

As for Sasori's puppets, it seems medical ninjas are his achilles heel. Kabuto managed to cut off the puppet head of Sasori's doll as well when Yamato used it. These medical shinobi are quite something. I wish we'd got to see more of what they can do.

I still give Sakura credit though. She did very well against an Akatsuki member who was apparently stronger than Deidara (whom Sasuke struggled against). And the Kabuto thing doesn't count in my opinion given that Yamato was merely playing the part of Sasori and his reflexes weren't the same as the real one's.

Platinum fan.
22nd April 2014, 2:00 AM
I still give Sakura credit though. She did very well against an Akatsuki member who was apparently stronger than Deidara (whom Sasuke struggled against). And the Kabuto thing doesn't count in my opinion given that Yamato was merely playing the part of Sasori and his reflexes weren't the same as the real one's.

Well yeah Sasuke struggled against Deidara. He was alone and wasn't all powerful like he is right now. No MS to spam. And I didn't mean the reflexes, I mean the sheer power needed to break Sasori's puppets. Chiyo herself said she couldn't break them, so obviously these things don't break easy, regardless who is using them. It does take force to break them and Kabuto apparently is strong enough to break one. At least the head.

deathseer
22nd April 2014, 9:52 AM
Wow. It amazes me how much people grasp at straws when trying to defend Sakura's character in this series. The fact that her claim to fame is something that happened 100+ chapters ago should really give you a hint as to how badly this character is written.

Well, to be fair, nearly every female charter in this series is written horribly besides Otohime who's basically god. But even then, that's not a character, it's basically a job description. I don't think Kishimoto hates women, but he does seem to have some sort of problem with them as almost all of his female characters either hug the sidelines wimpering about one of the males in the series, or they get a "Crowning Moment of Awesome" that is immediately invalidated by their male character counterparts.

Sakura gets this supposed super powerful upgrade that put supposedly puts her on the same level as Tsunade and allow her to stand on equal footing with Naruto and Sasuke, and what happens? The inventor of ninjutsu comes from out of nowhere and basically hands Naruto and Sasuke the ability to use every conceivable technique in the whole series? So Sakura is immediately back to where Kishimoto likes, sitting on the sidelines wimpering and thinking about Naruto or Sasuke, gawking at them displaying the ability of gods.

The thing is, in a series about a series that's mostly about fighting, healers will never take center stage nor will they be impressive in the slightest. If all a character has going for them is "healing super well and punching really ****ing hard" they will inevitably be pushed to the wayside for characters that can literally bend the elements to their will like a kid in a sandbox. So not only is Sakura screwed from a gender standpoint, she also is limited by the role she's supposed to play in her series, one that demands that you basically wait on the sidelines for all the big guns to get injured and heal them so they can go back out there to save the day. And no matter how much you try to hype it, that's just not exciting. Any exploits done by healer's are just not impressive at all.

Platinum fan.
22nd April 2014, 3:25 PM
Wow. It amazes me how much people grasp at straws when trying to defend Sakura's character in this series. The fact that her claim to fame is something that happened 100+ chapters ago should really give you a hint as to how badly this character is written.

Well, to be fair, nearly every female charter in this series is written horribly besides Otohime who's basically god. But even then, that's not a character, it's basically a job description. I don't think Kishimoto hates women, but he does seem to have some sort of problem with them as almost all of his female characters either hug the sidelines wimpering about one of the males in the series, or they get a "Crowning Moment of Awesome" that is immediately invalidated by their male character counterparts.

Sakura gets this supposed super powerful upgrade that put supposedly puts her on the same level as Tsunade and allow her to stand on equal footing with Naruto and Sasuke, and what happens? The inventor of ninjutsu comes from out of nowhere and basically hands Naruto and Sasuke the ability to use every conceivable technique in the whole series? So Sakura is immediately back to where Kishimoto likes, sitting on the sidelines wimpering and thinking about Naruto or Sasuke, gawking at them displaying the ability of gods.

The thing is, in a series about a series that's mostly about fighting, healers will never take center stage nor will they be impressive in the slightest. If all a character has going for them is "healing super well and punching really ****ing hard" they will inevitably be pushed to the wayside for characters that can literally bend the elements to their will like a kid in a sandbox. So not only is Sakura screwed from a gender standpoint, she also is limited by the role she's supposed to play in her series, one that demands that you basically wait on the sidelines for all the big guns to get injured and heal them so they can go back out there to save the day. And no matter how much you try to hype it, that's just not exciting. Any exploits done by healer's are just not impressive at all.

Even with her Tsunade upgrade, I did not consider Sakura on equal footing with Naruto or Sasuke. Those two surpassed their Sannin ages ago and that was before they got their godly Six Path powers. It just felt like Kishimoto was trying to give the fans a Team Seven moment before the series ended and Sakura needed a upgrade so Tsunade junior it is. Too bad Tsunade's not nearly as powerful as she was hyped in part 1...actually even in part 1 I never got the feeling Tsunade was a game changer.

As far as the females go, that's pretty much true. There's not one female I can think of in Naruto that is truly a breakout character. The only one who is probably equally even with her teammates is Ino Yamanaka. She was the unofficial leader of her group before Shikamaru became a Chunin, and she never fell behind her teammates during the series. Everyone else either falls behind or gets captured a lot. I always chuckle during the Pain flashback when Konan has been captured by the enemy to force Yahiko and Nagato to surrender. Konan, the coldest female ninja in Naruto, yeah that's the female leads role in Naruto.

Another complaint I have about the girls is half their backstories aren't even explained. Do we know anything about Sakura's family the Haruno clan? Do we know anything about Tenten's? Did they even mention Rin Nohara's clan? Even the smallest of things the females don't get. I guess it's pointless to complain about that now.

Lorde
22nd April 2014, 11:48 PM
I'm personally not a Sakura fan; I merely thought that her battle against Sasori was interesting and was one of the few well-written fights of early Part 2 in my opinion. At least she was active for once and did something that showcased her talents. :x

deathseer
22nd April 2014, 11:59 PM
And yet that's everyone's go to moment, or really the only moment that people bring up when trying to defend her, while also simultaneously trying to bring down Sasuke's character by saying that because Sasaori was deemed stronger than Deidara and Sasuke struggled in beating him, it somehow makes Sakura the stronger character. Nothing recent, just a fight that happened 100+ chapters ago in the very beginning of Shippuden. What has she done lately of note? Not talking about healing someone really good, what has she done fightwise? Who has she beaten or at least posed a threat to? Because right now, the two people she supposedly was supposed to be on equal ground with and who she vowed she wouldn't let them constantly stay ahead of her are now fighting toe-to-toe with essentially a god of this series while she is once again watching from the bleachers.

Unless Kishimoto has her fight Obito-Zetsu, which even won't register as a blip on the radar since Naruto beat him at his strongest so whatever Sakura does won't be nearly as impressive. Also, since he will probably will be fighting with the intention to die, it will cheapen her win because Kishimoto is writing a fight in which the reader can clearly see she is meant to win, so it takes all of the stakes away, while Naruto fought him with the possiblity of the world as he knows it ending should he lose. It's the same reason I don't put any stock into Sasuke's win over Itachi. Not only was Itachi already dying, but it was also a fight he was never meant to win in the first place. Itachi's entire character eventually became his desire to see himself die at the hands of little brother. So how could I realistically say at the time that Sasuke was stronger, when the entire time Itachi was written with a handicap?

Lorde
23rd April 2014, 12:03 AM
And yet that's everyone's go to moment, or really the only moment that people bring up when trying to defend her, while also simultaneously trying to bring down Sasuke's character by saying that because Sasaori was deemed stronger than Deidara and Sasuke struggled in beating him, it somehow makes Sakura the stronger character.

If this is a passive aggressive dig at my post from yesterday, I'll clarify: I never said that Sakura was stronger than Sasuke nor did I mean to imply that. But God forbid should someone have one good thing to say about Sakura or female characters in general in this series.

deathseer
23rd April 2014, 12:12 AM
Not saying you. Its just a common occurrence when this topic comes up.

And until we get a famale charter that can match the likes of the Sasuke's and Naruto's of the world, or the Jiraya's and the Orochimaru's or even Kakashi, there isn't much you can say about any of them other than "Yes, they were in fact drawn on this page"

p96822
23rd April 2014, 12:51 AM
I can say that Sakura is the strongest when it come to her physcle strenght then to Naruto and Sasuke.

deathseer
23rd April 2014, 1:44 AM
Is that really such a feat though? We have characters in this series that piss all over the laws of space-time and make physical attacks outright useless.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
23rd April 2014, 1:56 AM
And yet that's everyone's go to moment, or really the only moment that people bring up when trying to defend her, while also simultaneously trying to bring down Sasuke's character by saying that because Sasaori was deemed stronger than Deidara and Sasuke struggled in beating him, it somehow makes Sakura the stronger character. Nothing recent, just a fight that happened 100+ chapters ago in the very beginning of Shippuden. What has she done lately of note? Not talking about healing someone really good, what has she done fightwise? Who has she beaten or at least posed a threat to? Because right now, the two people she supposedly was supposed to be on equal ground with and who she vowed she wouldn't let them constantly stay ahead of her are now fighting toe-to-toe with essentially a god of this series while she is once again watching from the bleachers.
That's not even bringing down Sasuke's character, the difference is Sakura was prepared to fight Sasori with antidotes she had made, Sasuke knew nothing about Deidara. No one's bringing him down, if anything, you're trying to make it seem as if people and when they're really not.

Unless Kishimoto has her fight Obito-Zetsu, which even won't register as a blip on the radar since Naruto beat him at his strongest so whatever Sakura does won't be nearly as impressive. Also, since he will probably will be fighting with the intention to die, it will cheapen her win because Kishimoto is writing a fight in which the reader can clearly see she is meant to win, so it takes all of the stakes away, while Naruto fought him with the possiblity of the world as he knows it ending should he lose. It's the same reason I don't put any stock into Sasuke's win over Itachi. Not only was Itachi already dying, but it was also a fight he was never meant to win in the first place. Itachi's entire character eventually became his desire to see himself die at the hands of little brother. So how could I realistically say at the time that Sasuke was stronger, when the entire time Itachi was written with a handicap?

Please explain why would Sakura and Obito fight after he just saved Naruto? It would be pointless for that to happen, and I doubt Kishi would allow Sakura to fight Obito at this point after his resolve.

Nodame
23rd April 2014, 2:53 AM

Fans also must consider that a shounen manga will always place its male characters at the forefront and girls will still remain the damsels. Sakura is a very strong willed, and powerful Kunoichi. She may not be the best but she works hard and does outstanding for a girl with no bloodline, or any special attachment that helps her do better, or obtain jutsu. She had to work very hard to get where she was today. I don't think inhuman strength, medical jutsu, killer analytical skills that can predict the moves of an s-class criminal and elite Akatsuki member, and high intelligence counts as useless.

Granted, it's been a long time since she's had a huge battle, but what did you expect? This is a shounen manga and all female characters take the backseat or act as supporting roles while the male characters get most of the screentime. This even includes the heroine, as sad as that seems.

She’s a loveable, realistic and a funny character throughout the whole entire series IMO. There’s so much more to her character then you know. She's not perfect, but those annoying imperfections are what's supposed to make her endearing.

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

nuzamaki90
23rd April 2014, 8:25 AM
Jesus Christ Madara took Kakashi's MS right out of his socket in seconds.

Madara can now use Kamui holy crap :O

Lorde
23rd April 2014, 8:28 AM
This chapter bored me to be honest. The fight scenes were hard to follow, although the new jutsu were cool. Madara's limbo technique seemed too hax and him taking Kakashi's eye seemed rather sudden. At least we know what Obito wanted Sakura to do.

Dew Watatsumi
23rd April 2014, 9:38 AM
Only thing I have to say is that Sakura is screwed please kill her Madara. Unless Sasuke can instantally learn Kamui or Naruto does some Jesus healing jutsu to restore Kakashi's eye, there is no other way for Sasuke or Naruto to come after Madara.

Nodame
23rd April 2014, 9:52 AM
~That was pretty cool, but it was also pretty confusing. The whole shadow Madara was hard to follow, at least I thought it was. By the way, are we to assume that Indra's spirit split between Madara and Sasuke? :x
~ Madara ripping out Kakashi's eye and on the verge of killing Sakura was a great cliffhanger, but its safe to assume that Obito will take the strike for queen Sakura.

Dew Watatsumi
23rd April 2014, 10:00 AM
There is one thing that bothered me...Is Madara a medical ninja or some sorts? Because the guy literally ripped out Kakashi's eye and just popped it in like a contact.

Forgot to add that earlier

nuzamaki90
23rd April 2014, 11:46 AM
There is one thing that bothered me...Is Madara a medical ninja or some sorts? Because the guy literally ripped out Kakashi's eye and just popped it in like a contact.

Forgot to add that earlier

He's got Hashirama's cells so I'm guessing that's why he did so. Recovery + Instaheal = Madara can now use Kamui

Kazuki Mirai
23rd April 2014, 1:06 PM
...Yes, Madara. Throw that Distortion Blade at Sakura. You pretty much gave Obito the means to destroy that Rinnegan now by doing so. Good job. XP

Platinum fan.
23rd April 2014, 2:56 PM
This chapter was actually very enjoyable for me. Sasuke's Rinnegan was nice. I ranted about Rinnegan being a Uchiha tool long enough and I knew this was coming so let's just dive right in. I did enjoy Sasuke's Rinnegan power. It didn't make him as broken as I thought it would, but this is just the first chapter with him using it. Naruto and Sasuke together again. Just like in part 1 with Sasuke barking out the orders, making up the plans, and using Naruto as a tool to achieve Team 7 victory. Hmm, maybe Sasuke should run for Hokage. Even Trolldara's drooling over Sasuke wanting him as a pawn over Failbito. Well Trolldara you'll have to fight Orochimaru over who owns Sasuke. The snake loved him first. The chapter's ending was very unexpected. Kakashi getting his Sharingan stolen in seconds. That sucks for ole Kakashi. He did such a good job holding and protecting that eye all these years and loses it in the blink of an eye. Pardon the pun, fellow Serebi friends.

I did like how Sasuke and Naruto tried to stop him but were too late and now Trolldara trolls everyone and goes to Kamui land to kill Sakura and probably try and take Obito's Rinnegan. Well I see many outcomes of this happening. Naruto and Sasuke probably can defy reality and warp their to stop Trolldara. Sakura manages to hold off Trolldara. Or Obito gives his final act of redemption and saves Sakura. If Sakura is a Tsunade junior then she can't die easily so I don't know why we should even be worried. This to me looks like Obito's last chance to be a hero. Go out in a blaze Obito! Go out in a blaze a save a girl who is not Rin. So overall nice chapter. Looking forward to next weeks.

RIN IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU!

Profesco
23rd April 2014, 7:23 PM
It's daydream time.

...Yes, Madara. Throw that Distortion Blade at Sakura. You pretty much gave Obito the means to destroy that Rinnegan now by doing so. Good job. XP

It would be super fun if Obito just turned his head and leaned forward a little so that the blade went through his Rinnegan. I want this one to happen so much.

Sakura manages to hold off Trolldara.

I'd also really enjoy seeing this happen. I'm not exactly a Sakura fan, but I am still holding out hope that she, in her own Tsunade 2.0 way, is a shinobi comparable to Naruto and Sasuke. It would be awesome if Sakura could at least handle (kinda-sorta) the top half of Madara's body (until Sasuke and Naruto inevitably show up to save the day).

Go out in a blaze Obito! Go out in a blaze a save a girl who is not Rin.

And given the parallels that have been laboriously drawn between Team Minato and Team Kakashi, I think this would also be a nicely tied bow.

Hm. Eight months early for a Christmas wishlist, but there it is. Three longshots, please.

Lorde
23rd April 2014, 10:55 PM
I'm sure that Obito will keep Sakura out of harm's way by teleporting her away to stop Madara from killing her if it comes to that. Obito is doomed though in my opinion.

-Raiga-
23rd April 2014, 11:14 PM
My god what a terribly written chapter. The action itself was really hard to follow in my opinion, and even if he could have drew it better, kishimoto has done "parallel world" gimmicks for just about every god dang enemy so far. It really is the same thing as the kamui world that we JUST got done with.

But all that's minor compared to the complete cop-out that was Madara stealing Kakashi's eye. The idea that Kakashi has survived 600+ chapters now with his eye, just to be caught off guard sitting down is ridiculous.

I mean, at least stuff happened in the chapter, but none of it was good.

insanejames
24th April 2014, 6:51 AM
Jesus Christ Madara took Kakashi's MS right out of his socket in seconds.

Madara can now use Kamui holy crap :O

i agree I was supired he took Kakashi's eye so easyly what i guess for the sake of the plot moving along we sould except it. This ether show Madara speed or Kakashi is just losing it tried nearly losing his best friend

Lorde
24th April 2014, 6:59 AM
My god what a terribly written chapter. The action itself was really hard to follow in my opinion, and even if he could have drew it better, kishimoto has done "parallel world" gimmicks for just about every god dang enemy so far. It really is the same thing as the kamui world that we JUST got done with.

But all that's minor compared to the complete cop-out that was Madara stealing Kakashi's eye. The idea that Kakashi has survived 600+ chapters now with his eye, just to be caught off guard sitting down is ridiculous.

I mean, at least stuff happened in the chapter, but none of it was good.

I agree, especially about Kakashi's eye. I'm bothered that it happened so fast; I feel like Kishi wrote himself into a corner and came up with that scenario at the last minute.

Nodame
24th April 2014, 9:50 AM
I think this chapter does reinforce my belief that by the end of the series, Kakashi will get Obito's other eye...

Platinum fan.
24th April 2014, 2:45 PM
Or Obito's eyes both die with him. Kakashi was screwed but what do you expect? He's not a member of the Super Freak club, who model themselves after Dragon Ball Z characters. Kakashi is a mere mortal so of course Trolldara can troll the fans and take his eye in the blink of an eye. Sorry for the pun again. And as someone mentioned, Trolldara easily just pops in his empty eye socket with ease. So much for Medical shinobi. Trolldara just made them useless for surgery. It probably takes a medic careful movements not to screw up, Trolldara does it like in a second. But hey that's the Fourth Shinobi War arc for you. Troll away.

LightningMaster95
24th April 2014, 3:20 PM
are u guys really that suprised that madara knows how to transplant eyes he has done it before when he took out his brother's eyes. kishi just skipped the part when madara was implanting obito/kakashi eye

Platinum fan.
24th April 2014, 3:26 PM
are u guys really that suprised that madara knows how to transplant eyes he has done it before when he took out his brother's eyes. kishi just skipped the part when madara was implanting obito/kakashi eye

I don't know about everyone else, but to me it looked really ridiculous on how fast and easy he took the eye. It was like a scene from Kill Bill. I don't doubt he knows how to implant a eye, but the way he did it so fast and in the middle of a battle and he's moving a high speed, and perfectly plants the eye in his eye socket...this has to rank up as one of the biggest BS moments in the Naruto series period. Not just this arc, but the entire series.

Akashin
24th April 2014, 3:34 PM

Who's surprised over that? It's how easily he overpowered (and I use overpowered lightly, seeing as at no point did he need to do even that) Kakashi that people are taking issue with, not Madara popping eyeballs like contacts. I sorely wish I could take issue with that part, but you're right, it's old news.

I don't know about everyone else, but to me it looked really ridiculous on how fast and easy he took the eye. It was like a scene from Kill Bill. I don't doubt he knows how to implant a eye, but the way he did it so fast and in the middle of a battle and he's moving a high speed, and perfectly plants the eye in his eye socket...this has to rank up as one of the biggest BS moments in the Naruto series period. Not just this arc, but the entire series.

Ridiculous is a good way to put it.

Platinum fan.
24th April 2014, 3:45 PM
I'm also guessing Trolldara can skip the whole "wait for the power to seep in thing" like Sasuke had to do when he got Itachi's eyes, right? Because he could use Kamui the second he got that eye. Literally in seconds. I guess you can just say "Oh he's got Sage of Six Paths Power!" but whatever. Poor Kakashi. A victim of the Super Freak club. You're still a real ninja to me, Kakashi. You just didn't stand a chance against these DBZ ripoffs.

XanderCage
24th April 2014, 5:27 PM
So did Minato disintegrate when he absorbed those spheres for Guy a few chapters ago. Some people thought he just teleported them away but we haven't seen him since then. I thought he absorbed the hit and finally died but I can't imagine him dying before Naruto was conscience again. When i saw Naruto with Minato's kunai in his mouth I surely thought that Minato would show up in a future chapter but Naruto got it knocked out. I wonder what happened to him.

Lorde
24th April 2014, 11:40 PM
How did Madara even know how to use Kamui? I mean simply taking Kakashi's eye shouldn't have given him the knowledge of how to use it in my opinion.

Nodame
24th April 2014, 11:48 PM
What happened to Killer B? lol.

Dew Watatsumi
24th April 2014, 11:57 PM
What happened to Killer B? lol.

He's on the island with TenTen. We all know where Yamato is

Platinum fan.
25th April 2014, 1:19 AM
How did Madara even know how to use Kamui? I mean simply taking Kakashi's eye shouldn't have given him the knowledge of how to use it in my opinion.

I guess we'll never know. Trolldara defies all logic so being able to learn a ability he's never had before while stealing a eye and perfectly placing it in his eye socket without it falling is not surprising at all. It is Trolldara after all.

p96822
25th April 2014, 1:26 AM
Really I thinking that why Madara stole Kashishi's eye is because he was wacthing the Abumbu Black Ops Arc in the anime and also he want to be a Danzo and take that eye. How Danzo took Susihi eye in the anime was much better then what Madara did here. I think Madara should had combo on Kashishi and would be better way to steel.

Nodame
25th April 2014, 9:50 AM
How Danzo took Susihi eye in the anime was much better then what Madara did here. I think Madara should had combo on Kashishi and would be better way to steel.
Agreed lol. I mean it happened too fast it's ridiculous O.o come on!

Honestly, I hope that Sakura succeeds in destroying the Rinnegan. She is in a perfect position to outright foil the main villain, something that would most certainly be a great accomplishment in itself. Shannaro!!!

DANdotW
25th April 2014, 11:09 AM
He's on the island with TenTen. We all know where Yamato is

Yeah, he's in a candlelit cabin with Anko.

Dew Watatsumi
25th April 2014, 11:21 AM
Yeah, he's in a candlelit cabin with Anko.

I meant Yamato being the wood Zetsu

Platinum fan.
25th April 2014, 3:23 PM
People are still asking about Yamato? Yamato's pointless now. Naruto has full control over Kyuubi and the other Tailed Beast chakra too. Honestly you only need Naruto and Sasuke for this generation of shinobi. They're the only two shinobi that actually matter anymore. Though you could keep Shikamaru around for his smarts. Seriously why can't Shikamaru run for Hokage? He's not at all OP like Naruto or Sasuke, but he's brilliant and not lazy at all anymore. Oh well.

-Raiga-
25th April 2014, 7:28 PM
As stupid as it was, I really hope whoever makes the naruto video games adds Madara's eye steal move to one of the games lol

Lorde
25th April 2014, 11:31 PM
People are still asking about Yamato? Yamato's pointless now. Naruto has full control over Kyuubi and the other Tailed Beast chakra too. Honestly you only need Naruto and Sasuke for this generation of shinobi. They're the only two shinobi that actually matter anymore. Though you could keep Shikamaru around for his smarts. Seriously why can't Shikamaru run for Hokage? He's not at all OP like Naruto or Sasuke, but he's brilliant and not lazy at all anymore. Oh well.

Yamato is a loose thread and I personally want to learn what became of him. I think he's inside Spiral Zetsu, but that's not confirmed.

Shneak
26th April 2014, 3:18 AM
Drive-by eye snatchings are the real threat to the Shinobi world.

I think it's incredibly obvious that Kakashi will get Obito's Rinnegan now though, so that means Sakura once again can't manage to stab something when it matters.

Nodame
27th April 2014, 10:21 AM
I think Yamato was actually merged with the giant statue (can't remember the name) in order to cultivate more of Hashirama's cells and make the Zetsus stronger. He's pointless now imho.

Platinum fan.
27th April 2014, 3:25 PM
Yamato is a loose thread and I personally want to learn what became of him. I think he's inside Spiral Zetsu, but that's not confirmed.

Possibly. I wonder if we'll ever see him again or at least learn what happened to him. But to be fair there are a lot of people in this war arc who are either missing, disappeared, or are just flat out ignored.

PokeMaster366
27th April 2014, 4:27 PM
Drive-by eye snatchings are the real threat to the Shinobi world.

I think it's incredibly obvious that Kakashi will get Obito's Rinnegan now though, so that means Sakura once again can't manage to stab something when it matters.

For the love of- They give her one simple job and she can't even do that one properly!

Nodame
27th April 2014, 5:56 PM
For the love of- They give her one simple job and she can't even do that one properly!

There's been no failure yet and the cliffhanger only gives a vague idea on what could happen next -.- And even if she failed, it is done for storyline purposes. Perhaps Kishi wants Kakashi to get the other eyes? who knows.

TsukiMirage
27th April 2014, 6:24 PM
Enjoyable chapter. Both Naruto and Sasuke pushing Madara, Sasuke getting some new praise, and Naruto becoming more versatile were all cool. Shame about Kakashi losing an eye, but I've been expecting that to happen since Madara returned. Didn't think he would use it just to go get his other eye though. Disappointed in Sakura, though I can't think of anything she could do to redeem herself in the coming chapters given the opponent.

Lorde
27th April 2014, 11:04 PM

She just didn't get a chance to accomplish it yet though. Madara needs his other Rinnegan for the plot's sake anyway. He'll toss out Kakashi's eye after that, which sucks for Kakashi.

PokeMaster366
28th April 2014, 12:02 AM
She just didn't get a chance to accomplish it yet though. Madara needs his other Rinnegan for the plot's sake anyway. He'll toss out Kakashi's eye after that, which sucks for Kakashi.

I was making a joke. The scene itself kind of reminded me of that one bit from the Nostalgia Critic review of "Man of Steel". Now that I think about it, Naruto is getting treated more or less like the Messiah kind of like Superman was in that movie. All that's missing is a similarity between Sasuke and Batman.

J Ken
29th April 2014, 2:24 AM
Tbh I'm expecting that if Obito does somehow foil Madara's attempts to get the Rinnegan that Madara will just take Obito's Sharingan and form a new Rinnegan out of Obito's Sharingans. If he does then he'll become that much more OP, I mean we still have yet to see the absolute full power of Obito's Sharingan and with Madara being pushed to a corner how he is now gaining those eyes will most definitely give him the edge.

TsukiMirage
29th April 2014, 4:00 AM
I think we have seen the full power of Obito's Sharingan. We got a detail explanation and everything. Though it would be cool to see Madara transform it into another Rinnegan, or even reveal the possible third eye.

Lorde
29th April 2014, 4:03 AM
Tbh I'm expecting that if Obito does somehow foil Madara's attempts to get the Rinnegan that Madara will just take Obito's Sharingan and form a new Rinnegan out of Obito's Sharingans. If he does then he'll become that much more OP, I mean we still have yet to see the absolute full power of Obito's Sharingan and with Madara being pushed to a corner how he is now gaining those eyes will most definitely give him the edge.

I'm still wondering why Obito's Mangekyo Sharingan can't use Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi or Susanoo.

J Ken
29th April 2014, 4:09 AM
I'm still wondering why Obito's Mangekyo Sharingan can't use Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi or Susanoo.

I'm not sure on that tbh but I'm glad he can't use them. No offense to those moves but they've become a bit too generic nowadays. They are still cool and all but I personally prefer Kamui considering only Obito's eyes have been shown to have that ability and cause of that it feels a bit more unique.

Nodame
29th April 2014, 11:00 AM

Good point ._. isn't it that you need the Mangekyo in both eyes? one having Amaterasu and the other Tsukuyomi in order to have Susanoo. I might be wrong but that's what I got from watching the anime. I like your sig btw lol.

Platinum fan.
29th April 2014, 3:21 PM

Because Obito doesn't want those generic powers. Sasuke has played them out to the max. Obito's eyes are special. That's what happens when you give your eyes to your best friend as opposed to killing your best friend to activate a evolved Sharingan. I'm just kidding, I don't know why Obito's eyes are different. But it does make Trolldara using Kamui, a move he's never had before, look even more broken and forced.

Akashin
29th April 2014, 3:42 PM
Good point ._. isn't it that you need the Mangekyo in both eyes? one having Amaterasu and the other Tsukuyomi in order to have Susanoo. I might be wrong but that's what I got from watching the anime. I like your sig btw lol.

The two abilities being Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi aren't prerequisites I don't think; Sasuke's abilities are Amaterasu and Enton, if I'm not mistaken (I know Enton is done with his right eye), and he has Susanoo just fine. In Obito's case, the implication would be that Kamui is his one and only ability, utilized in both eyes (seeing as both he and Kakashi could do it with one eye each). I imagine Shisui and Kotoamatsukami are a similar situation.

Though it is entirely possible that both eyes need to be intact to initially awaken Susanoo, regardless of what abilities they have.

TsukiMirage
29th April 2014, 6:02 PM
By all accounts, every MS grants a different set of abilities. Itachi is the only one who had the combo of Amaterasu/Tsukuyomi/Susanoo. Sasuke has Amaterasu/Enton manipulation/Susanoo, Obito has Kamui, Shisui had Kotoamatsukami, and Madara has only showed Susanoo. While there has been mention of others possessing Enton, and the implication that others have possessed Kamui, as far as we know, what abilities someone gets upon awaking MS is chosen at random.

Also, the ability to gain Susanoo is considered a rarity.

Nodame
29th April 2014, 6:08 PM
By all accounts, every MS grants a different set of abilities. Itachi is the only one who had the combo of Amaterasu/Tsukuyomi/Susanoo. Sasuke has Amaterasu/Enton manipulation/Susanoo, Obito has Kamui, Shisui had Kotoamatsukami, and Madara has only showed Susanoo. While there has been mention of others possessing Enton, and the implication that others have possessed Kamui, as far as we know, what abilities someone gets upon awaking MS is chosen at random.

Also, the ability to gain Susanoo is considered a rarity.
I think the reason why Obito can't use the Amaterasu/Tsukuyomi/Susanoo is because it's not in his bloodline. The same reason Sasuke can't use Kamui.

Akashin
29th April 2014, 6:13 PM
I think the reason why Obito can't use the Amaterasu/Tsukuyomi/Susanoo is because it's not in his bloodline. The same reason Sasuke can't use Kamui.

Being based on bloodline would suggest Sasuke should have the same abilities as Itachi, though, which isn't the case. While it being entirely random might be pushing it, a combination of that and the eyes granting abilities geared toward the users' strengths (Genjutsu for Itachi and Shisui, Ninjutsu for Sasuke) seems to make sense to me.

J Ken
29th April 2014, 9:26 PM
Because Obito doesn't want those generic powers. Sasuke has played them out to the max. Obito's eyes are special. That's what happens when you give your eyes to your best friend as opposed to killing your best friend to activate a evolved Sharingan. I'm just kidding, I don't know why Obito's eyes are different. But it does make Trolldara using Kamui, a move he's never had before, look even more broken and forced.

Tbh it feels like Kishi just destroys all previously established logic just to make Madara look better. That's the impression I get from him honestly. I mean he's done so much things that completely devalued the struggle and importance of what everyone did in a way to make Madara look like the greatest thing ever.

Platinum fan.
29th April 2014, 10:57 PM
Tbh it feels like Kishi just destroys all previously established logic just to make Madara look better. That's the impression I get from him honestly. I mean he's done so much things that completely devalued the struggle and importance of what everyone did in a way to make Madara look like the greatest thing ever.

This series doesn't even feel like Naruto anymore. It's certainly not about a ninja aiming to be the top ninja in his village anymore. Naruto suffered the DBZ effect that only a select few characters are still important. Basically Uchihas, Jinchuurikis, And those with Senju are the only ones who are important. They are the Super Saiyans of Naruto. I was afraid Naruto would get to this point and it did. I sure do miss the old Naruto days.

PokemonNation2000
29th April 2014, 10:58 PM
This series doesn't even feel like Naruto anymore. It's certainly not about a ninja aiming to be the top ninja in his village anymore. Naruto suffered the DBZ effect that only a select few characters are still important. Basically Uchihas, Jinchuurikis, And those with Senju are the only ones who are important. They are the Super Saiyans of Naruto. I was afraid Naruto would get to this point and it did. I sure do miss the old Naruto days.

The old Naruto episodes are indeed better, IMO: didn't just used to be Madara is the worst, so kill Madara, Sasuke is evil, Sasuke is good, Sasuke has gone back to being evil, but wait, now he's good again, etc. I prefer them over Naruto Shippuden myself, tbh.

Lorde
29th April 2014, 11:03 PM

But he's an Uchiha also, so in theory he should have the same bloodline as other Mangekyo Sharingan users.

Platinum fan.
29th April 2014, 11:09 PM
The old Naruto episodes are indeed better, IMO: didn't just used to be Madara is the worst, so kill Madara, Sasuke is evil, Sasuke is good, Sasuke has gone back to being evil, but wait, now he's good again, etc. I prefer them over Naruto Shippuden myself, tbh.

LOL, I haven't watched the anime in years. I just follow the manga now. But part 1 was better overall then part 2. Part 2 had good ideas and some good storylines. But it peaked at the Pain arc.

pwnswitchclik
30th April 2014, 12:32 PM
Umm, is a new chapter supposed to be out today? I'm finding it unusual not being out by now.

DANdotW
30th April 2014, 1:10 PM
^I was just on my way here to ask the same question :p

PokeMaster366
30th April 2014, 1:33 PM
^I was just on my way here to ask the same question :p

I think it's Golden Week in Japan right now, so no new chapters this week.

Dew Watatsumi
30th April 2014, 2:18 PM
Umm, is a new chapter supposed to be out today? I'm finding it unusual not being out by now.

Golden week, no chapters til next week

DANdotW
30th April 2014, 2:36 PM
Ah, okay. Thanks ^_^

Tyrantrum
30th April 2014, 4:11 PM
Golden week, no chapters til next week

Seems that there's always a break everytime the action starts to pick up though.

PokeMaster366
30th April 2014, 7:10 PM
Seems that there's always a break everytime the action starts to pick up though.

Now you know how "One Piece" fans feel half the time.

Lorde
30th April 2014, 11:23 PM
LOL, I haven't watched the anime in years. I just follow the manga now. But part 1 was better overall then part 2. Part 2 had good ideas and some good storylines. But it peaked at the Pain arc.

The Pain arc was my favorite arc of Part 2 as well, except for the ending. All that hype and Nagato just gave up. Naruto's Talk no Jutsu was too strong I guess. :p

Akashin
1st May 2014, 12:01 AM
The Pain arc was my favorite arc of Part 2 as well, except for the ending. All that hype and Nagato just gave up. Naruto's Talk no Jutsu was too strong I guess. :p

Pain Arc was one of the few times Talk no Jutsu didn't feel annoying to me, but then, the Pain Arc is the golden era of Naruto in general for me, not just Part Two. Except the Rinne Tensei. That felt like a cop out after all was said and done.

-Raiga-
1st May 2014, 8:02 PM
To me, the highlight of the series was the chiyo/sakura vs. Sasori battle. Even being so many chapters into the time-skip, everything felt so fresh and the series had so many ways to branch out. And personally it was my favorite battle in the whole series thusfar(well, maybe second to gaara-lee at the chunin exams)

Now I didn't think the Pain arc was bad by any means, but I don't think the fight between Naruto/Pain was all that interesting. Namely because it was a rehash of a much better fight Jiraiya just got done having with him.

Platinum fan.
1st May 2014, 10:16 PM
Naruto vs Pain told a much better story then Jiraiya's, IMO. Jiraiya vs Pain was another teacher vs corrupt student. It was good, don't get me wrong, but Pain's fight with Naruto was much better. More was on the line. Pain destroyed Konoha and at the time he was killing off characters left and right. Even Kakashi was presumed dead until the BS ending, which ruined how great the arc was. We also got to see nearly all of Pain's powers in the Naruto fight, as well as new powers from Naruto. The Pain Invasion arc actually felt like it could have been the climax of the series. Naruto had officially reached a Gokage level status at this point and Pain was a enemy with powers nobody else had at the time. It didn't feel like a rehash to me, only Pain's speeches.

The Sasori battle was good, if only because puppet style is such a rare treat and seeing Sasori with all these crazy powers and puppets was different. But beyond that, the fight's not that memorable for me. There are plenty of fights I'd put above that one. It's overlooked by I really loved the Sasuke vs Deidara battle. Deidara's C4 Bombs were outstanding. It's just to bad he was fighting Sasuke and his plotringan. But it was a good part 2 fight. Even the war arc, despite my overall dislike of it, has some very signature moments for lesser characters. Especially in the case for lesser characters like Choji and Ino.

Lorde
1st May 2014, 11:00 PM
Naruto vs Pain told a much better story then Jiraiya's, IMO. Jiraiya vs Pain was another teacher vs corrupt student. It was good, don't get me wrong, but Pain's fight with Naruto was much better.

I agree. I thought Jiraiya vs. Pain was actually kind of boring because of the flashbacks and in the end I felt that Jiraiya's hard work was for nothing. I mean did his final message to Konoha really change much? It seemed to me that after Shizune discovered Pain's chakra frequencies or whatever, that the village would've found out about the "real" Pain anyway.

-Raiga-
2nd May 2014, 12:09 AM
Naruto vs Pain told a much better story then Jiraiya's, IMO. Jiraiya vs Pain was another teacher vs corrupt student. It was good, don't get me wrong, but Pain's fight with Naruto was much better. More was on the line. Pain destroyed Konoha and at the time he was killing off characters left and right. Even Kakashi was presumed dead until the BS ending, which ruined how great the arc was. We also got to see nearly all of Pain's powers in the Naruto fight, as well as new powers from Naruto. The Pain Invasion arc actually felt like it could have been the climax of the series. Naruto had officially reached a Gokage level status at this point and Pain was a enemy with powers nobody else had at the time. It didn't feel like a rehash to me, only Pain's speeches.

I was strictly speaking in terms of the actual fight, which when you take out most of the story related elements you mentioned, wasn't a whole lot of anything. Yet at the same time it dragged on and on for me. We had already seen 80% of pains abilities, and as a character Pain is incredibly overrated considering he's pretty much a generic "destroy all hope" baddguy, regardless of his story getting there.

Also Naruto's "all new powers" were powers we just seen Jiraiya use.....so yeah.

Again though, I thought it was a great arc(minus ending of course), just not a great fight.

The Sasori battle was good, if only because puppet style is such a rare treat and seeing Sasori with all these crazy powers and puppets was different. But beyond that, the fight's not that memorable for me. There are plenty of fights I'd put above that one. It's overlooked by I really loved the Sasuke vs Deidara battle. Deidara's C4 Bombs were outstanding. It's just to bad he was fighting Sasuke and his plotringan. But it was a good part 2 fight. Even the war arc, despite my overall dislike of it, has some very signature moments for lesser characters. Especially in the case for lesser characters like Choji and Ino.

For me, the sasori fight rocked because Kishimoto managed to write a constantly evolving fight that felt like it had everything on the line despite being contested by the third wheel of team 7, some old chick, and a akatsuki member who even at the time we knew was low ranking in the group.

I agree. I thought Jiraiya vs. Pain was actually kind of boring because of the flashbacks and in the end I felt that Jiraiya's hard work was for nothing.

Well to me, Jiraiya's message not getting through was a hell of lot less anti-climactic that Naruto waging his entire village on a fight when everything just gets revived/remade in the end.

Platinum fan.
2nd May 2014, 12:39 AM
I was strictly speaking in terms of the actual fight, which when you take out most of the story related elements you mentioned, wasn't a whole lot of anything. Yet at the same time it dragged on and on for me. We had already seen 80% of pains abilities, and as a character Pain is incredibly overrated considering he's pretty much a generic "destroy all hope" baddguy, regardless of his story getting there.

Also Naruto's "all new powers" were powers we just seen Jiraiya use.....so yeah.

Again though, I thought it was a great arc(minus ending of course), just not a great fight.

For me, the sasori fight rocked because Kishimoto managed to write a constantly evolving fight that felt like it had everything on the line despite being contested by the third wheel of team 7, some old chick, and a akatsuki member who even at the time we knew was low ranking in the group.

Well to me, Jiraiya's message not getting through was a hell of lot less anti-climactic that Naruto waging his entire village on a fight when everything just gets revived/remade in the end.

Naruto's couldn't use Sage Mode like Jiraiya, so the "new powers" were used differently. Naruto didn't need to have the toads constantly on him. He perfected Rasenshuriken, a move Jiraiya never knew how to do. Naruto's Sage Mode was overall more impressive then Jiraiya's and it got a better showing in the fight. And again, the story was better told between Naruto vs Pain. Jiraiya vs his student we never heard of until now, while a good fight, was basically just a setup to Naruto vs Pain, with Pain being all mysterious with his powers. Pain wasn't generic when he first appeared. We didn't have a villain using the word "peace" as his excuse back then until Pain arrived. Pain feels redundant now because Rinnegan became overused and so has the "peace" word even by some villains. But back before the Fourth Shinobi War started, Pain was fairly unique and new for the Naruto universe. He's not anymore, but back then he was something different. That's why the Pain arc is usually so fondly remembered by many fans. Minus the BS ending.

Akashin
2nd May 2014, 1:59 AM

That's giving Naruto way too little credit. Sage Mode itself may have been already shown, but Naruto's use of it definitely wasn't. They made two entirely different styles of fighting out of it.

The rest, Platinum fan already said perfectly.

LightningMaster95
2nd May 2014, 5:21 AM
my 5 top fights before the 4th shinobi world war (in no particular order)
1. itachi vs sasuke
2. jiraiya vs pain
3. obito vs konan
4. minato vs obito
5. gai vs kisame(round 3)
i dont like fights that involve the main characters because its too predictable, because naruto and sasuke are never going to die so to me its pointless (i liked the itachi vs sasuke fight only because u knew sasuke didnt stand a chance and itachi wasnt going all out). plus with supporting characters u dont know if they will survive or die so thats were the real suspense lies in this manga

Lorde
2nd May 2014, 6:05 AM
That's giving Naruto way too little credit. Sage Mode itself may have been already shown, but Naruto's use of it definitely wasn't. They made two entirely different styles of fighting out of it.

The rest, Platinum fan already said perfectly.

To be frank, aside from the way Naruto absorbed the natural energy used for Sage Mode, I didn't think his use of it varied much from Jiraiya's. Both used it to enhance their techniques and that was mostly it if I recall correctly.

Platinum fan.
2nd May 2014, 3:45 PM
my 5 top fights before the 4th shinobi world war (in no particular order)
1. itachi vs sasuke
2. jiraiya vs pain
3. obito vs konan
4. minato vs obito
5. gai vs kisame(round 3)
i dont like fights that involve the main characters because its too predictable, because naruto and sasuke are never going to die so to me its pointless (i liked the itachi vs sasuke fight only because u knew sasuke didnt stand a chance and itachi wasnt going all out). plus with supporting characters u dont know if they will survive or die so thats were the real suspense lies in this manga

To be fair, some of those fights are predictable too. Jiraiya vs Pain. Am I the only one who knew Jiraiya was going to lose that fight? The shocker of that fight was Pain's abilities and Jiraiya's death. Now that truly did surprise me. I thought Jiraiya was going to escape after being beaten and return to Konoha all bruised and beaten and needing to be on bed rest, like Kakashi usually has to after MS usage. The outcome of the fight was predictable, Pain was the public leader of Akatsuki. I knew he wasn't losing. But how he won the fight and Jiraiya being killed was something I never saw coming. I still think Jiraiya's death is one of the saddest moments in the series. Also Obito vs Konan. We all knew Konan was going to lose and likely be killed. It was as predictable as a Naruto/Sasuke fight.

Even Itachi vs Sasuke, you knew Sasuke wasn't going to die and at the time we didn't know Itachi wasn't trying to not steal his brother eyes. So you knew Sasuke would come out in the end and Itachi would die somehow. Minato and Obito I will say was hard to predict because we know how Minato dies and we know Fakedara/Obito was around in the current day. So when these two clashed we knew they'd both make it out alive, but who would be the winner? That was a unpredictable fight. Guy vs Kisame to some extent was as well. Because Kisame's backstory was being shoved in our faces they were kinda telling us Kisame was going to die win or lose. But he went out with a shinobi bang.

Those are all good and enjoyable fights you named, but some are just as predictable as a Naruto/Sasuke battle. The series doesn't have too many unpredictable battles sadly.

p96822
2nd May 2014, 4:34 PM
Sasuke's fight are cheep at the end because he never wins, but he gets all these power up. At least Naruto trained and learned how to use his powers making more greater victory for him and others. The Pain fight was good and had fast pace action for all to see. I think the ending was not anticlimactic because words are more powerful then the fist or kick can ever do. It make me feel for these charters that I watched for years and see even greater than I remembered it when it started.

Even though Part one started the whole thing but I feel like part 2 made it feel like something more awesome.

-Raiga-
2nd May 2014, 10:47 PM

I won't disagree with that, because that was the short-lived exciting part of the fight for me. Other than that it was just naruto decimating pains within a few panels from each other using the same 800 variations of the rasengan we'd already seen Jiraiya use(or naruto use previously, like the rasenshuriken)

But I'm probably just nitpicking at this point lol

Lorde
2nd May 2014, 11:02 PM
Sasuke's fight are cheep at the end because he never wins, but he gets all these power up. At least Naruto trained and learned how to use his powers making more greater victory for him and others. The Pain fight was good and had fast pace action for all to see. I think the ending was not anticlimactic because words are more powerful then the fist or kick can ever do. It make me feel for these charters that I watched for years and see even greater than I remembered it when it started.

Even though Part one started the whole thing but I feel like part 2 made it feel like something more awesome.

What do you mean by "he never wins"? He defeated Danzo in what was probably my third favorite fight of Part 2.

ThatGuyWithCommonSense
2nd May 2014, 11:17 PM
What do you mean by "he never wins"? He defeated Danzo in what was probably my third favorite fight of Part 2.

And he also made A decapitate his own arm off, I believe. While I don't like Sasuke, he did a couple fights: Deidara, Itachi (debatable), A, Killer Bee, Orochimaru, and Danzo (pretty good fight).

Platinum fan.
3rd May 2014, 2:21 AM
Sasuke's had the majority fights in part 2. Even more fights then Naruto. It is what it is. Some were good, some very good, some were full of BS where Sasuke clearly should have been killed several times...*cough*Gokage Summit*cough* but Sasuke has won many fights in part 2. Plotringan runs strong in his family...well with Sasuke it does.

Akashin
3rd May 2014, 2:45 AM
To be frank, aside from the way Naruto absorbed the natural energy used for Sage Mode, I didn't think his use of it varied much from Jiraiya's. Both used it to enhance their techniques and that was mostly it if I recall correctly.

That's all Sage Mode is, though, physical buffs aside. It isn't like it has a slew of special abilities they simply didn't use; it gives them access to Nature Chakra. Their use of it to augment their abilities may be similar on paper, but the execution wasn't (Jiraiya enlarged his Rasengan, whereas Naruto used Senjutsu to maintain the shape of the Rasenshuriken).

And that's ignoring Naruto's Frog Katas, which relied upon using Senjutsu to extend the range of his attacks. I don't think Jiraiya used Frog Katas at all.

Kazuki Mirai
3rd May 2014, 7:55 AM
Except he really didn't kill his foes, yes, he defeated Deidara and Danzo. They offed themselves. And Itachi got did in by his own disease. Sasuke was screwed had Itachi not died by that. And Killer Bee... he was pretty much trolling everyone. For such notorious criminal, he sure has low kill count.

Really now, we use to have an array of villains with the Akatsuki but now... It's just Uchiha, Uchiha, Uchiha. It's like they ditched all the clans they made in the beginning to focus on the more popular one... Heck, they even make Naruto part of a clan to make him plot relevant. Geez, Uchiha's powers might as well be labeled as the ability to hijack plot. Cause that's what they did much of Part 2.

Nodame
3rd May 2014, 2:24 PM
I'll just pick my favorite from the original and my favorite from Shippuden because I can.

Naruto vs Sasuke was my favourite from the original due to its emotion and fighting. In shippuden, I'd have to go with Chiyo/Sakura vs. Sasori. This fight was epic. All the puppet jutsus just made the fight memorable.

Itachi vs. Sasuke coming in a close second because I've been waiting for these two to fight for so long and then it finally came with it's nice animation and well demonstration of techniques.

Honorable mention: Gaara vs Lee, Naruto vs Pain, Sasuke vs Deidara ( too epic for words)

Lorde
3rd May 2014, 9:40 PM
Heck, they even make Naruto part of a clan to make him plot relevant.

Yeah but at least he doesn't have a broken Kekkei Genkai due to that. The Uzumaki clan barely gets any focus. :x

p96822
4th May 2014, 6:03 AM

Did you remember that Danzo exploded and Sasuke didn't die

Akashin
4th May 2014, 5:46 PM
Yeah but at least he doesn't have a broken Kekkei Genkai due to that. The Uzumaki clan barely gets any focus. :x

Technically they have their supposedly exceptional vitality, but that's something that just about anybody has when the plot calls for it anyway, so...

Sasuke had already won when Danzo tried using the Reverse Four Symbols Seal, though. What does that matter?

Lorde
5th May 2014, 12:36 AM

Yes, but how does that fit with the "Sasuke never wins" statement? He still beat Danzo regardless of his self-sacrifice stunt. :x

Nodame
5th May 2014, 6:17 PM
Speaking of Danzo. I think he had the worst death in the series. His way of ninja maybe harsh but he is not true evil. He was really devoted to his country. Too bad he was not really given the opportunity to be Hokage. Hats off to you Danzo-sama.

I did feel sorry for him a little. I despised him up until that point, though. He's one of the few characters in Naruto that I feel that negatively towards. But that flashback showed some human qualities to him.

Akashin
5th May 2014, 6:43 PM
Speaking of Danzo. I think he had the worst death in the series. His way of ninja maybe harsh but he is not true evil. He was really devoted to his country. Too bad he was not really given the opportunity to be Hokage. Hats off to you Danzo-sama.

I did feel sorry for him a little. I despised him up until that point, though. He's one of the few characters in Naruto that I feel that negatively towards. But that flashback showed some human qualities to him.

That's the thing about him, though; his motives and actions were explained, but they definitely weren't excused. His dealings with Orochimaru and Hanzo? Keeping ROOT out of the Pain Invasion? He may have had human qualities, but he wasn't fit to be Hokage of Hashirama's Konoha. He was definitely a pitiable character, though.

Platinum fan.
5th May 2014, 6:49 PM
Danzo is actually a pretty interesting character, and probably one of my favorite villains. Because he wasn't trying to be a full blown villain to take over the world exactly. He was trying to protect Konoha by any and all means...and then he tried to take over the world through the Shinobi Alliance. But it wasn't done in a way similar to how Madara and Obito did it. Danzo's not innocent. There is a lot of blood on his hands. What he did with Uchiha, not helping Konoha when Pain attacked the village, I heard in the anime he actually tried to have Hiruzen killed. Oh Danzo. Such a card. Frankly Danzo got just what he deserved in the end. But I do not hate the character. I think they killed him off way too early because I would have liked to have seen his official Hokage run and see Konoha under a dark rule for awhile. It would have made some of the future storylines very interesting, especially with the Allied Shinobi Forces. Danzo's not a hero and not a complete villain either. He was a true ninja doing anything and everything to protect his village. What made Danzo's actions not that of a hero is he believed sacrifices were needed for him to rise to power. Danzo's one of the most complex characters in the series...and I liked it.

Lorde
5th May 2014, 9:57 PM
That's the thing about him, though; his motives and actions were explained, but they definitely weren't excused. His dealings with Orochimaru and Hanzo? Keeping ROOT out of the Pain Invasion? He may have had human qualities, but he wasn't fit to be Hokage of Hashirama's Konoha. He was definitely a pitiable character, though.

Yeah he had good intentions, but carried them out wrongly. I didn't pity him per se, but I did feel that his character had a lot of untapped potential.

insanejames
7th May 2014, 9:03 AM
Danzo is actually a pretty interesting character, and probably one of my favorite villains. Because he wasn't trying to be a full blown villain to take over the world exactly. He was trying to protect Konoha by any and all means...and then he tried to take over the world through the Shinobi Alliance. But it wasn't done in a way similar to how Madara and Obito did it. Danzo's not innocent. There is a lot of blood on his hands. What he did with Uchiha, not helping Konoha when Pain attacked the village, I heard in the anime he actually tried to have Hiruzen killed. Oh Danzo. Such a card. Frankly Danzo got just what he deserved in the end. But I do not hate the character. I think they killed him off way too early because I would have liked to have seen his official Hokage run and see Konoha under a dark rule for awhile. It would have made some of the future storylines very interesting, especially with the Allied Shinobi Forces. Danzo's not a hero and not a complete villain either. He was a true ninja doing anything and everything to protect his village. What made Danzo's actions not that of a hero is he believed sacrifices were needed for him to rise to power. Danzo's one of the most complex characters in the series...and I liked it.

Danzo was power hungry, tho this was because he belive that he was the only one that could truely proctect Konoha. At least that is how I see him however i agree he lack the conpastion that is needed to lead

"those who wish to be governed by logic forget logic doesn't care" that quote seemed appropriate. He does seem to me to be a bit if not fully a psychopath.

In other news the next one just came out. So Mardra was mastermind Rin's death after all ... could someone get the phone because i called it

Kazuki Mirai
7th May 2014, 9:26 AM
Ahahahahahah. We're going through that being overpowered stage again, aren't we? Wonderful.

Might as well bring in the popcorn while we're at it. And once it ends, you can only say "THANK GOD."

CaptainSteve
7th May 2014, 9:30 AM
I thought Kishimoto was going to pull next level nonsense on us. Thank god Naruto only gave Kakashi a normal eye back, not a Sharingan. I woulda flipped out if Kakashi got a Mangeykou Sharingan with the same Kamui space. In other news, Madara now (probably) has both Rinnegans, which is gonna be trouble.

Kakashi will struggle as a ninja now, because unless he's retained every ability he's copied, then he's basically a normal person. No Sharingan, no copying techniques.

Lorde
7th May 2014, 9:34 AM
Naruto giving Kakashi his original eye back was unnecessary in my opinion, but not completely ridiculous; we already knew that the Sage of Six Paths had the power to "create all things" or whatever Obito originally called it, so it's not unreasonable for Naruto - who has the Sage's powers - to make eyes out of nowhere.

Red and Blue
7th May 2014, 9:36 AM
Huh, I was 100% sure that Kakashi would get back Obito's remaining Sharingan. So I guess this means Kakashi got a severe downgrade in abilities now that he has a normal eye.

Dew Watatsumi
7th May 2014, 9:56 AM
Huh, I was 100% sure that Kakashi would get back Obito's remaining Sharingan. So I guess this means Kakashi got a severe downgrade in abilities now that he has a normal eye.

Unless Obito is brought with Madara and he somehow gets the EMS. Or Kakashi gets another power up after Naruto healed his other eye...Its just a guess.

Lets not forget that Kakashi was known as a prodigy and he's been a competent ninja without the Sharingan. Obviously he's not as powerful where Naruto, Sasuke, and Madara are at now but i don't think he's completely useless.

lolipiece
7th May 2014, 11:23 AM
How is Kakashi useless? He presumably still has the techniques he copied; he just can't copy any more or use Kamui.

And wasn't his Sharingan draining him due to it being incompatible with his body?

Also, Madara is Aizen now. I need a drink.

...And I don't even drink.

Dew Watatsumi
7th May 2014, 11:40 AM
How is Kakashi useless? He presumably still has the techniques he copied; he just can't copy any more or use Kamui.

And wasn't his Sharingan draining him due to it being incompatible with his body?

Also, Madara is Aizen now. I need a drink.

...And I don't even drink.

I didn't say Kakashi is useless, like i said earlier, NaruJesus probably gave Kakashi a new power up that we don't know about yet and that Kakashi has proven to be a good ninja without the Sharingan. While it may be true that Kakashi doesn't have to worry about the loss of chakra from using the Sharingan, he may not be in top tier where Madara, Naruto, (possibly Gai) and Sauske stands

insanejames
7th May 2014, 12:45 PM
The other option here is that Kakashi loses his other eye (the one that was't just given to him) and takes Obito's remaining Sharingan that would kind of be funny give that he just swapped eye. Still how hard would that be to get use to not need to cover one eye or cover the other one

LightningMaster95
7th May 2014, 12:47 PM
I didn't say Kakashi is useless, like i said earlier, NaruJesus probably gave Kakashi a new power up that we don't know about yet and that Kakashi has proven to be a good ninja without the Sharingan. While it may be true that Kakashi doesn't have to worry about the loss of chakra from using the Sharingan, he may not be in top tier where Madara, Naruto, (possibly Gai) and Sauske stands

99.9999999% of all naruto characters are not on their level even hashirama is fodder compared to them now(the benefits of being the main characters and villian)
i think kakashi already has enough experience to survive without the sharingan and the only time he used the sharingan was to predict his opponets movements and send things away

Dew Watatsumi
7th May 2014, 12:47 PM
The other option here is that Kakashi loses his other eye (the one that was't just given to him) and takes Obito's remaining Sharingan that would kind of be funny give that he just swapped eye. Still how hard would that be to get use to not need to cover one eye or cover the other one

That kinda make Naruto giving Kakashi a new eye irrelevant other than showing that Naruto is Jesus

Akashin
7th May 2014, 2:10 PM
99.9999999% of all naruto characters are not on their level even hashirama is fodder compared to them now(the benefits of being the main characters and villian)
i think kakashi already has enough experience to survive without the sharingan and the only time he used the sharingan was to predict his opponets movements and send things away

Assuming it hasn't been forgotten entirely, Kakashi also needed the Sharingan to be able to properly use the Chidori, just as Sasuke did.

Platinum fan.
7th May 2014, 2:16 PM
New chapter. From what I read it was more or less a Naruto chapter of this horrible War arc. So Sakura failed to do anything to stop Trolldara or break Obito's eye. I figured as much. But thankfully Sakura will get another chance to do something cool. Hang in there Sakura. You've got two members of the Super Freak Club on your side. You'll do fine against Trolldara. Trolldara continues to troll when unveiling his big master plan to helpless Obito. Oh the drama! Trolldara made Obito Fakedara and is the one who ruined his character. I'm still angry about that. Obito was ruined! And I shall not forgive how they made him a cliche evil Uchiha. But how did Trolldara even know the full relationship of Obito and friends? And that by the death it would drive him insane? He couldn't have known that Rin was Obito's world. Unless he like went to his house and saw the shrine of her in his room.

So apparently Naruto can regrow eyes. This kinds makes Sakura really useless now as he regrow Kakashi's eye? It will be interesting to see how Kakashi fights without Sharingan after all these years. Will he still be able to do Chidori based attacks? I did like how Kakashi noted on the growth of his students. Naruto, despite surpassing Hokage level still wants it. Sakura still loves Sasuke...I don't know if that's good or not, she has nothing else going for her. But what about Sasuke? What does he truly want now? Guess we'll have to find out later. Team 7 vs Trolldara who's missing half his body. Please let this be the end of Trolldara already. In okay chapter but seriously Naruto can regrow limbs and Trolldara being a trolling puppet master?

RIN IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU. HOWEVER SHE NOW REALIZES THAT SHE'S NOT ONLY A PLOT DEVICE BUT A BLOODY PAWN.

Tyrantrum
7th May 2014, 4:44 PM
I think now that Kakashi openly stated in his inner monlogue that Naruto has surpassed Hokage level, its pretty much an indication that he'll get it.

Nodame
7th May 2014, 5:34 PM
-A good set up chapter to me. Explains a few things and connects certain elements for the final showdown.
-I'm excited to finally see my babies (team 7) in action again <3 Sakura I believe in you!!
-Obviously Madara will become the all powerful double rinnengan wielder.
-Damn Sakura. Get over Sasuke already -.- he belongs to Karin.
- Can't wait for next week.. Awww Team 7 :')

Platinum fan.
7th May 2014, 6:24 PM
Actually Sasuke belongs to Naruto. Don't fight it. That's where the true love story is. One thing that amuses me is that now that Sasuke's back they are treating Sai as if he never was apart of Team 7. Oh Sai. I still love you. Actually I think I'm fairly indifferent to Sai.

So Naruto has let the blind see (Kakashi) and let the dead or nearly dead live (Guy) when is Naruto going to cure someone who can't walk? Maybe Yamato will be the person. Maybe Naruto will bestow upon Rock Lee the ability to use ninjutsu and genjutsu. Naruto truly is the savior of the Shinobi world and they are throwing it in our faces.

p96822
7th May 2014, 8:59 PM
Sakura is not useless and she is not in love with Sasuke anymore, her feeling has change. Also Naruto don't know any medical ninjustu

Dew Watatsumi
7th May 2014, 9:04 PM
Sakura is not useless and she is not in love with Sasuke anymore, her feeling has change. Also Naruto don't know any medical ninjustu

Doesn't change the fact that Sakura still cares for Sasuke, and Naruto becoming Jesus to bring back Kakashi's eye and stop Gai from dying

J Ken
7th May 2014, 9:24 PM
But how did Trolldara even know the full relationship of Obito and friends? And that by the death it would drive him insane? He couldn't have known that Rin was Obito's world. Unless he like went to his house and saw the shrine of her in his room.

I think it's more likely that he just used his Sharingan to search Obito's memories cause you know searching memories is probably one of the million things that the Sharingan can probably do. :x Either that or he just heard Obito muttering Rin in his sleep. :p

Nodame
7th May 2014, 9:32 PM

Well.. Kakashi said she doesn't feel the same way she use to about him, and that her feeling have changed, so I still have hope for NaruSaku to happen lol

Platinum fan.
7th May 2014, 9:40 PM
I think it's more likely that he just used his Sharingan to search Obito's memories cause you know searching memories is probably one of the million things that the Sharingan can probably do. :x Either that or he just heard Obito muttering Rin in his sleep. :p

I don't doubt that Sharingan can do that for a second. I see it more as trolling. Kishi's been trolling Obito and Rin forever, especially Rin. The first kunoichi we see on the field as a medic shinobi during a mission and she gets snatched up. Basically prototype part 2 Sakura without being a Hulk. Her death triggers Obito to become Fakedara. She later gets a belly full of Bijuu and the first thing she does with this amazing power of being a jinchuuriki is get killed. We don't even get to see her rage like Naruto or Gaara. And just when we learn that she died to save the village from her forced Bijuu, now it turns out this was all part of Trolldara's plan all along and so Rin dying only helped advance the creation of Fakedara. So Rin Trollhara has been a pawn all along.

But it's funny. The more Kishi trolls Rin, the more I like her and she's been dead forever. It's a weird liking for someone who doesn't get any screentime beyond being Obito's plot device. And that's another thing we know tons about Kakashi and Obito, we don't know anything about Trollhara. Not that it matters. That's typical Naruto female cast members.

Edit: Also Rin Trollhara is the only member of Team Minato to not be part of this war. She only started it. Kakashi and Obito were still alive and Minato came back. Rin's sitting in ninja heaven all alone. Troll hard!

Lorde
7th May 2014, 11:11 PM
The fact that Madara was behind Rin's death to manipulate Obito wasn't surprising imo, but it was still cool to get confirmation about that. Guess Madara's next power up is imminent.

Nodame
7th May 2014, 11:38 PM
The fact that Madara was behind Rin's death to manipulate Obito wasn't surprising imo, but it was still cool to get confirmation about that. Guess Madara's next power up is imminent.

Funny thing is no one has ever doubted that Madara was behind Rin's death. I have never seen anyone argue this. Congrats, Madara. You are a master manipulater. A true puppet master.

Platinum fan.
7th May 2014, 11:45 PM

It's not surprising, just a big troll moment. Team Minato be trolled hard in this war. Minato comes back and needed to become a Naruto ripoff just to be taken seriously in this war of Super Freaks, Kakashi got his eye stolen so easily I blinked and missed it, Obito was ruined the minute he became Fakedara and they turned him into another Uchiha gone wrong, when I loved Obito for being a good honest, kind Uchiha! They ruined Obito and I shall never forgive it! Never! And I already covered Rin's heavy trollage on the post above. They all be trolled hard.

But the Naruto universe has nothing to worry about. Not with Naruto around. I take back everything I said during my debate on Naruto being Hokage. Naruto's not going to be Hokage. He's not going to be a traveling old bum like Jiraiya either. He's going to be the Naruto world's Jesus. Look at all the miracles they are making him perform. This is the end of the Shinobi world as we know it. There won't even be a need for Gokage.

Nodame
7th May 2014, 11:58 PM
It's not surprising, just a big troll moment. Team Minato be trolled hard in this war. Minato comes back and needed to become a Naruto ripoff just to be taken seriously in this war of Super Freaks, Kakashi got his eye stolen so easily I blinked and missed it, Obito was ruined the minute he became Fakedara and they turned him into another Uchiha gone wrong, when I loved Obito for being a good honest, kind Uchiha! They ruined Obito and I shall never forgive it! Never! And I already covered Rin's heavy trollage on the post above. They all be trolled hard.

But the Naruto universe has nothing to worry about. Not with Naruto around. I take back everything I said during my debate on Naruto being Hokage. Naruto's not going to be Hokage. He's not going to be a traveling old bum like Jiraiya either. He's going to be the Naruto world's Jesus. Look at all the miracles they are making him perform. This is the end of the Shinobi world as we know it. There won't even be a need for Gokage.
Just curious Platinum fan. If you really dislike the series now, then why are you still reading it? lol

Lorde
8th May 2014, 12:00 AM

Honestly, I had a feeling that the manga would end with the removal of the shinobi system. I hope it doesn't happen, but it probably will. :(

Platinum fan.
8th May 2014, 12:02 AM
Just curious Platinum fan. If you really dislike the series now, then why are you still reading it? lol

Hmm? I suppose this is a fair question. While I utterly detest this Fourth Shinobi War arc, I don't hate the series in general. I invested too much to quit now. True, all of my favorite characters are either dead, been dead since the start, recently died, ruined by a stupid twist or just on the sidelines getting very little screentime. But I am curious how the Naruto world ends up. I suppose I'm still loyal enough to follow and get the manga volumes when I am able. This has just been a bad few years for Naruto simply because the War arc which should have been something epic has turned out to be mediocre and poorly planned, IMO.

Edit: Lorde, that is what is going to happen. Naruto's going to gather followers that end the way of Ninjas.

Shneak
8th May 2014, 12:36 AM
I actually had feeling for Team 7 in this chapter. For the first time since the Chuunin Exams. The power difference is staggering though. Naruto can regenerate human bodies now while Kakashi and Sakura are basically standard shinobi.

I'm not shocked by the truth behind Rin's death, but I don't know why Kakashi couldn't have told Obito about it since he seemingly had to know to kill her. It's not clear whether she wanted to suicide and made him do it though. I expect we'll find out when Obito forgives Kakashi and loses his Rinnegan.

Profesco
8th May 2014, 4:22 AM
I wonder what could possibly be left for Sakura? Her differentiating power, among the team seven trio, was her medical jutsu. Sasuke and Naruto are powerhouses who could take lives like nobody's business (notwithstanding Naruto's moral compunction against killing), but Sakura was also a special, Sannin-surpassing ninja because she could heal people and save lives. Maybe not a godly fighter, but a godly healer. Except now Naruto can save lives too, as well as instantly create fully-functional human organs from nothing? That would seem to make any skills Sakura can lay claim to utterly redundant.

One just can't help but feel bad for her. =x

Lorde
8th May 2014, 4:25 AM
I actually had feeling for Team 7 in this chapter. For the first time since the Chuunin Exams.

I liked Kakashi's inner monologue about Team 7's growth. It's too bad that he and Sakura pale in comparison to how hax Naruto and Sasuke are.

Red and Blue
8th May 2014, 4:34 AM
Honestly, I had a feeling that the manga would end with the removal of the shinobi system. I hope it doesn't happen, but it probably will. :(

Honestly if that happens, i'd be okay with it. The "hatred in the ninja world" has been a major theme in the series and ending all ninja practices would be a good way to resolve it.

deathseer
8th May 2014, 4:51 AM
Although that opens the door for a sequel series where in the future, ninjustu is outlawed and a group of rebels consisting of the children of the Konoha Rookies fight the system to bring it back.

Actually, I think I'd be okay with that.

Platinum fan.
8th May 2014, 4:55 AM
It depends on what Naruto's Shinobi Commandments will be. They are setting him up for that role anyway where he makes all the rules. Seriously where is a Shinobi that cannot use his legs. Naruto needs to make him walk again. Where are you, Yamato? He can also wake up Anko. I bet he can perform Edo Tensei without the the dead bodies, so when is Neji coming home? They might as well go all the way with Savior Naruto.

J Ken
8th May 2014, 10:49 PM
Wait a second. How was Madara able to travel to find Rin and manipulate the Mist shinobi along with giving a newborn Nagato his Rinnegan? I mean wasn't he bound by the Gedo Mazo or something?

Lorde
8th May 2014, 10:54 PM
Wait a second. How was Madara able to travel to find Rin and manipulate the Mist shinobi along with giving a newborn Nagato his Rinnegan? I mean wasn't he bound by the Gedo Mazo or something?

He might've just sent a Zetsu clone to do it for him? Either that or he was only pretending to be stuck underground.

Platinum fan.
8th May 2014, 11:04 PM

Like Lorde said, probably Zetsu clones. Or Trollhara was in on it all along and wanted to troll her teammates. Seriously, she let Kakashi be the one to kill her. I bet that made him think twice about using Chidori. No wonder he scolded Sasuke for trying to use it on Naruto XD

While the Zetsu one is probably the real reason, I like the Trollhara excuse better.

Dew Watatsumi
8th May 2014, 11:15 PM
Its been confirmed...Trolldara is Aizen

Platinum fan.
8th May 2014, 11:20 PM
Who or what is Aizen?

Lorde
8th May 2014, 11:21 PM
Who or what is Aizen?

A villain from another manga series (Bleach) who trolled everyone like Madara's doing now.

Platinum fan.
8th May 2014, 11:23 PM
A villain from another manga series (Bleach) who trolled everyone like Madara's doing now.

I see. I always promised myself I'd get into Bleach someday. I wonder if all these troll character get together at a secret Troll meeting. I bet then have membership cards and secret hand shakes. Just like they do in the Super Freak Club.

Nodame
8th May 2014, 11:35 PM
Hmm? I suppose this is a fair question. While I utterly detest this Fourth Shinobi War arc, I don't hate the series in general. I invested too much to quit now. True, all of my favorite characters are either dead, been dead since the start, recently died, ruined by a stupid twist or just on the sidelines getting very little screentime. But I am curious how the Naruto world ends up. I suppose I'm still loyal enough to follow and get the manga volumes when I am able. This has just been a bad few years for Naruto simply because the War arc which should have been something epic has turned out to be mediocre and poorly planned, IMO.

Edit: Lorde, that is what is going to happen. Naruto's going to gather followers that end the way of Ninjas.
LOL understandable :)

Good question. I don't know tbh lol. I found it ironic how both Rin and Obito used Kakashi to get around the restrictions placed on them because of the seal. And with Obito knowing the truth of Rin's death, his character most likely went full circle. :x

Platinum fan.
8th May 2014, 11:40 PM
LOL understandable :)

Goog question. I don't know tbh lol. I found it ironic how both Rin and Obito used Kakashi to get around the restrictions placed on them because of the seal. And with Obito knowing the truth of Rin's death, his character most likely went full circle. :x

Trollhara's in on it. I'm telling you. She's Trolldara's right hand...kunoichi. They've been planning this for ages.

TsukiMirage
10th May 2014, 7:36 AM
Well I liked it up until the flashback, which I think wasn't really needed.

Emperor Empoleon
10th May 2014, 7:40 AM
Naruto straight up just gave Kakashi a new eye.

With a single touch.

I mean, I know he's the "Savior", but damn.

Maybe if it were better explained, I could take it.

Neosonic97
10th May 2014, 6:29 PM
Heck, even Naruto himself didn't know how to explain that.
Prolly the same way he stopped the 8Gates aftereffect from killing Gai.

Lorde
10th May 2014, 11:51 PM
Heck, even Naruto himself didn't know how to explain that.
Prolly the same way he stopped the 8Gates aftereffect from killing Gai.

Well he was just channeling Hagoromo's powers, so him not knowing how to explain them is understandable in my opinion since he just started using them.

LightningMaster95
11th May 2014, 1:17 AM

he probably had zetsu stick onto to him so he can survive, most likely used genjustu on rin nagato and the mist shinobi(or pulled a danzo and used manipulation on the mist)

Shadow Lucario
11th May 2014, 1:58 AM
Finally back up to 1000 pages huh? I don't know how I feel about this chapter. I expect this kind of thing from Kubo. Come on Kishimoto. Do you really want people comparing your characters to Kubo's? Or has he hijacked your manga for the past few hundred chapters? Now we just have to figure out what Sasuke's moon represents and just what his Rinnegan can do.

LightningMaster95
12th May 2014, 12:57 AM
even though i find sakura weak and worthless
who do u guys think she would be able to defeat from the akatsuki with current abilities?

Dew Watatsumi
12th May 2014, 1:00 AM
who do u guys think she would be able to defeat from the akatsuki with current abilities?

Maybe someone like Hidan and Sasori... But she would never have a chance against Itachi, Pain, Konan, Tobi, Deidara, etc...

Lorde
12th May 2014, 1:06 AM
But she would never have a chance against Itachi, Pain, Konan, Tobi, Deidara, etc...

Ironically, she was the first character who correctly guessed how Tobi's ability worked and yet she didn't get credit for her hypothesis.

LightningMaster95
12th May 2014, 1:19 AM
Ironically, she was the first character who correctly guessed how Tobi's ability worked and yet she didn't get credit for her hypothesis.

technically wouldnt minato be the first character to find out how his ability worked, also she didnt figure it out since neither naruto or kakashi knew how to deal with it during their fight with him in the war

Lorde
12th May 2014, 1:23 AM
also she didnt figure it out since neither naruto or kakashi knew how to deal with it during their fight with him in the war

She said that Tobi's ability likely allowed him to "erase" parts of his body to make attacks pass through him, which Kakashi parroted when he first fought Tobi during the war and he didn't bother citing Sakura for inspiring his theory.

Platinum fan.
12th May 2014, 1:52 AM

Hidan maybe. Everyone else is to far above her. Having Hulk level strength is nice for like crowd control, but one-on-one matches, everyone can dodged a punch which is Sakura's only attack.

As far as Sakura being the first to guess how Fakedara's ability works, big deal. Minato not only figured out how they worked, but also created a counter for it all in the same fight. If Sakura had done that then we could have something to talk about. Poor Sakura. :(

Lorde
12th May 2014, 8:10 PM
As far as Sakura being the first to guess how Fakedara's ability works, big deal. Minato not only figured out how they worked, but also created a counter for it all in the same fight. If Sakura had done that then we could have something to talk about. Poor Sakura. :(

Minato was a teleportation expert, so of course he managed to best Obito. I still think that Sakura's observational skills are somewhat impressive though. :x

TsukiMirage
13th May 2014, 5:27 AM
As far as Sakura being the first to guess how Fakedara's ability works, big deal. Minato not only figured out how they worked, but also created a counter for it all in the same fight. If Sakura had done that then we could have something to talk about. Poor Sakura. :( Minato didn't actually figure out how it worked, he only guessed the mechanics involved. The only other person to actually figure it out was Konan, and that took her years to learn. So Sakura really should have gotten credit, even if you did count Minato, that still puts her on the level of a genius Hokage...

Platinum fan.
13th May 2014, 3:36 PM
Minato didn't actually figure out how it worked, he only guessed the mechanics involved. The only other person to actually figure it out was Konan, and that took her years to learn. So Sakura really should have gotten credit, even if you did count Minato, that still puts her on the level of a genius Hokage...

And what did Sakura do with her so called genius Hokage smarts to counter Fakedara? Nothing at all. Konan and Minato found ways to battle Fakedara/Obito, Sakura just commented on his abilities but could do nothing to stop him, or even fight him. She didn't even try to fight him. Figuring out how a ability works and figuring out how to counter abilities are two different things. Which is why I said if she had done something to counter his abilities like Minato and Konan did, then we'd have something to be impressed about.

Akashin
13th May 2014, 4:22 PM
And what did Sakura do with her so called genius Hokage smarts to counter Fakedara? Nothing at all. Konan and Minato found ways to battle Fakedara/Obito, Sakura just commented on his abilities but could do nothing to stop him, or even fight him. She didn't even try to fight him. Figuring out how a ability works and figuring out how to counter abilities are two different things. Which is why I said if she had done something to counter his abilities like Minato and Konan did, then we'd have something to be impressed about.

That's being highly unfair. Konan had plenty of time to develop a counter, and Minato just so happened to already have a counter. Neither are comparable to Sakura; and yes, being smart enough to figure out the workings of a technique is a feat in and of itself. I don't see why her lacking the means to take advantage of that knowledge invalidates it.

Platinum fan.
13th May 2014, 4:49 PM
That's being highly unfair. Konan had plenty of time to develop a counter, and Minato just so happened to already have a counter. Neither are comparable to Sakura; and yes, being smart enough to figure out the workings of a technique is a feat in and of itself. I don't see why her lacking the means to take advantage of that knowledge invalidates it.

It's not a big accomplishment if you don't know how to defeat it. Honestly it's like you guys are trying to say Sakura should get credit for defeating Obito, when she didn't do a thing. Minato's really the only one to figure out and counter Obito during a fight on the spot. Yeah Sakura can get credit for guessing how the ability works, but that's it. It's nothing groundbreaking and who did it help? It doesn't suddenly put her on a higher level then she is right now. Lots of characters figure out how techniques work but have no means of stopping it.

Lorde
14th May 2014, 12:22 AM

Agreed. Plus ultimately, Sakura didn't get a chance to fight Obito one-on-one to test her theory, so it's really unfair for her to be belittled when she never had a chance to prove herself against Kamui.

Akashin
14th May 2014, 12:48 AM
It's not a big accomplishment if you don't know how to defeat it. Honestly it's like you guys are trying to say Sakura should get credit for defeating Obito, when she didn't do a thing. Minato's really the only one to figure out and counter Obito during a fight on the spot. Yeah Sakura can get credit for guessing how the ability works, but that's it. It's nothing groundbreaking and who did it help? It doesn't suddenly put her on a higher level then she is right now. Lots of characters figure out how techniques work but have no means of stopping it.

...And? The entire debate started over a comment that Sakura was the first to correctly deduce how Kamui works (that we saw, not chronologically), and she was. That's it. Nobody said she was stronger for it; on the contrary, the only thing regarding her skills that anybody said at all was that it meant she had Minato level intelligence (which is highly debatable, but she at the very least has a similar level of quick thinking).