PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116

Pokegirl Fan~
24th September 2014, 1:26 AM
Minato confirmed to be in The Last (https://mobile.twitter.com/naruto_movie/status/514224967341195266)

The movie is confirmed canon, so what the heck is Kishi's reasoning for keeping him alive?

Wait he's coming back? Hopefully that means Kushina will return too, and hopefully they're not brought back with that reanimation jutsu, though maybe Minato will only be in some flashbacks and not in person? I think that may be the most likely way of him appearing in the movie.

Platinum fan.
24th September 2014, 3:16 AM
I'm... not sure where you got that impression from. I'm reasonably certain that he still holds some ill will toward the village that ruined him and his Clan, but that's why he wants to carry out this revolution; to strong-arm the world into a place where that sort of thing can't happen again.

I agree about your assessment of Danzo, but I don't see how that differs from Sasuke wanting the best (or at least what he perceives to be the best) for the Elemental Nations and being willing to be the villain to do so.

I asked for an indication that he still wants genocide; I'm well aware that was what he wanted back before he cleared the air with Itachi, but I'm not talking about nor defending his character at that point. And even if he were willing to kill anybody that stands against him (he's singling out Naruto right now, but the potential for him to be willing to go that far is definitely there), that's still not a mass genocide.

As for the rest of your post, I'd argue that he most definitely does care about the current world; enough so to want to correct it, at any rate. Agreed that he's a lowlife and has no place being Hokage or even a leader of anything (except his own broken down and non-existent Clan, anyway), though.

Oh...well in that case, it's unknown if he plans to kill beyond the Gokage. I imagine anyone who doesn't comply with him like Naruto is on his hit list of people to kill. But I guess we'll have to see the newest chapters to see who he plans on killing. We know the Gokage are on the list. He probably thinks he's the only world leader that will be needed in his revolution.

As far as Minato being in the movie, I suspect it's via flashbacks. If not then Edo Tensei again? Too bad this movies not going to be a manga and a movie instead. If it wasn't canon I wouldn't bother seeing it.

TsukiMirage
25th September 2014, 7:24 AM
Sasuke of today would never make a better Hokage over Naruto. Naruto connects with people and unites them. Sasuke plans to execute the current Gokage therefore eliminating the peace all the nations just obtained. That makes Sasuke not only a lousy Hokage but a lowlife in general backstabbing the nations like that. Naruto's not perfect but he's way better then Sasuke in that he actually cares for people. Sasuke doesn't care about anything that doesn't revolve around his own personal agenda. Sasuke would be no better then Danzo as Hokage. Both would sacrifice others to become Hokage. You do realize that the current situation was unique in the fact that the Villages all aligned due to having a singular enemy? You do realize that normally, the villages are in competition with each other over clients and resources (as shown several times such as in the reasoning behind Suna's decision to team with Orochimaru and attack Konoha, and Kumo and Iwa's building of arms in the current era) and are only maintained by the Daimyo's to be their standing army? For there to be actual peace would mean the elimination of the ninja system, something actually pointed out by Jiraiya. The point is that the current situation is only a temporary one, one that can not be maintained without something drastic being done. Sasuke's answer may not be the best one, but at least he has come up with an answer. A person who actually tries to figure out a solution will always be better then a person who just relies upon things working out.

Personal agenda? Bring about a revolution for the people is hardly a "personal agenda". And you do realize that killing and sacrificing is something all the Hokages have done - Minato killed hundreds during a war along with an attempt on Ee and Kirabi, Sarutobi sacrificed both Neji's father and the Uchiha clan to maintain the village, Hashirama gave out the Bijuus, and Tobirama was the one who pretty much set the path for Danzo. Heck, all the Kages apart from Gaara has allowed the creation and usage of the Jinchuuriki, which was pretty much turning innocent children into deadly weapons, despite the fact that the hosts normally lost control and caused massive death and destruction. And honestly, it's pretty hypocritical of Naruto to have an issue with sasuke when he was just praising Obito, the character with the highest body count in the series and who was attempting even worst for an even more selfish reason.

Joltik-Kid
25th September 2014, 7:54 AM
Confirmed Hokage in Last movie based on the Kanji on his back 六
http://s11.postimg.org/88g6xkpbn/image02.png

Void Ventus
25th September 2014, 9:04 AM
Haha nice catch! They did hide it well, what with the scratches.

FlashFusion
25th September 2014, 11:47 AM
New chapter is up.

My prediction? Naruto will get a scratch on Sasuke's forehead this time, and Sasuke will be horribly scarred and become insecure about himself. Cut to Sakura flashing back to Ino and her ribbon, and she will give Sasuke a bandage to cover his forehead as seen in the Last artwork of Sasuke.

lolipiece
25th September 2014, 12:32 PM
Good night Sakura. Dream of a time where you provide actual usefullness to the story.

It's a sad day in Hell when even Sasuke "Douchebag" Uchiha calls her out on her stupid crush.

pwnswitchclik
25th September 2014, 12:38 PM
Just seen the new chapter. At first I thought Sasuke physically killed Sakura (what a d**che), but it was a genjutsu (still a d**che). Speaking of The Last movie, I'm wondering on a whim, if Kishimoto didn't release a sketch of Hinata yet because he's thinking how to draw her as an adult and pregnant with Naruto's kid?

Platinum fan.
25th September 2014, 2:29 PM
TsukiMirage, I'm not even going to bother debating with you now. Just read the new chapters, and you can argue with them. If you still think Sasuke would make a better Hokage over Naruto, then I fear the world you vision.

Latest chapter just echoed everything I have been saying. And I'm glad Naruto does not support Sasuke as Hokage, so there will be no "Naruto supports Sasuke to be Hokage and he'll become a Jiraiya wander" crap. That would be beyond dumb for the series anyway. Sasuke treats Sakura like dirt. While I'll never understand why she loves him, Sasuke pretty much treats her like Karin. Some Hokage. So Sasuke has his own version of Hokage? I'm sure it's nothing good. I take back what I said about Sasuke being a Danzo style Hokage. I think he'd be far worse. Still a good chapter. They're throwing the nostalgia of Part 1 into this and it's up to Naruto to "change" Sasuke.

I think this chapter almost confirms Sasuke will never be Hokage. Because he's just using the title Hokage as a excuse for his own agenda for changing the world. Still Sasuke makes a great villain for this. I can't wait to see Naruto beat him.

Akashin
25th September 2014, 2:45 PM
Highlight of the chapter for me was definitely Naruto calling Sasuke out on not understanding what being Hokage actually means.

Their fight taking place at the VoTE was a bit unexpected, but in hindsight I should have seen it coming. It's fitting, if nothing else.

Shneak
25th September 2014, 5:02 PM
Sakura is the gift that keeps on not giving. She's been incredibly self aware how unimportant she's been in the last dozen chapters. It would have been cool to have a moment where she attempted to kill Sasuke again but whatever.

Hagoromo's words pretty much foreshadow that Naruto will change Sasuke even though he straight up wants to kill him.

Joltik-Kid
25th September 2014, 6:33 PM
Sakura is the gift that keeps on not giving. She's been incredibly self aware how unimportant she's been in the last dozen chapters. It would have been cool to have a moment where she attempted to kill Sasuke again but whatever.

Hagoromo's words pretty much foreshadow that Naruto will change Sasuke even though he straight up wants to kill him.
Based on the image I posted about the last... apparently Sasuke is still his cold hearted looking self in the future even though Naruto converts him

Red and Blue
25th September 2014, 6:43 PM
Sakura you idiot. I guess this dispels any beliefs that Sakura lost her romantic feelings over Sasuke, LOL

Well at least the battle is happening in the valley of the end. That`s extremely fitting and a great callback.

Ragnarok
25th September 2014, 6:51 PM
I must commend Kishimoto on making a complete mockery of Sakura this chapter. I mean, damn.

At this point I want it to end. Seriously.

If this is Kishimoto's idea of romance he's made a complete mess of whatever "romantic subplot" he had planned.

Just goes to show how detrimental her attachment to Sasuke has been when you have chapters like this. To top it off placing her in a genjutsu which shows him stabbing her right in the hard. I'm impressed.

If you care about any of these characters you wouldn't want them shipped with anyone after today. Really is romance at it's worst.

Pokegirl Fan~
25th September 2014, 7:22 PM
Based on the image I posted about the last... apparently Sasuke is still his cold hearted looking self in the future even though Naruto converts him

Well I really wouldn't expect his personality to change much lol.

Interesting chapter, I'm interested in hearing what Sasuke means about how he wants to be hokage. Also the fight taking place at the VoTE is a perfect and nostalgic place for their fight.

Emperor Empoleon
25th September 2014, 7:24 PM
Stick a fork in Sakura's character.

The girl is done.

Lorde
25th September 2014, 7:31 PM
The chapter was terrible. Sakura's hundredth confession of love for Sasuke was a waste of time, but at least the "Sakura is over him" theories are shattered now I guess. Anyway, seems like the Final Valley will be the battlefield again. Whatever

Jb
25th September 2014, 7:33 PM
I like how just a few pages ago people were saying that Sakura wasn't Sasuke fanboy yet this chapter proved completely otherwise.

Really though, I just want this manga to end. Why didn't the Sage just take back his powers from Sasuke? I hope this fight finishes before the end of the year

Kazuki Mirai
25th September 2014, 8:28 PM
Yes, Sasuke. Solving the world's problems through MORE MURDER. That will make people have a high opinion of you as leader. I am so looking forward to him getting his butt kicked in this fight.

Lorde
25th September 2014, 8:42 PM
Isn't Sakura supposed to be good at genjutsu anyway? I'm mildly surprised she wasn't able to dispel Sasuke's genjutsu. For a moment there, I thought he had actually stabbed her.

Red and Blue
25th September 2014, 8:47 PM
Isn't Sakura supposed to be good at genjutsu anyway? I'm mildly surprised she wasn't able to dispel Sasuke's genjutsu. For a moment there, I thought he had actually stabbed her.

Well Sasuke is stronger than Sakura, so I imagine that his genjutsu was too much for her

Void Ventus
25th September 2014, 8:49 PM

Love does crazy things for people. In Sakura's case, she was so hurt from Sasuke becoming evil again and walking away and calling her annoying that she couldn't do anything. That, or Rinnegan genjutsu too OP.

I hope Naruto does major whooping. Crack Sasuke's skull open, thus forcing him to wear a turban and a macaroni tube necklace to stay alive.

Platinum fan.
25th September 2014, 8:54 PM

Sssssh! Kishi doesn't want you to remember that. The real answer is Sharingan genjutsu is like way harder to break. I don't think he tsukuyomi'd her but if he did, she's not breaking it. No matter how good she is. Sharingan is the hax of the world.

I can't wait for Sasuke's apology to Sakura. It'll be just like Karins. A simple unconvincing sorry. You know, call me crazy but when Sakura was glaring at Sasuke with her tears I thought she was actually going to tell Sasuke off for all the crap he put Naruto through and the burdens Team 7 endured because of him. I guess that was just wishful thinking on my part.

One thing I'll say I do agree with Sasuke on. And that's why on earth Sakura loves him so much. Sasuke himself doesn't understand what Sakura sees in him. I have to agree with Sasuke there. He's a jerk but at least he's acknowledging how one sided it is. It's weird considering Kishi just gave Sakura a moment to shine with Kaguya and now this nearly negates it. Poor Sakura. And I always knew she still liked Sasuke. If she still loved him after he almost killed her, then there is nothing he can do that will make her not love him. Glad Ino's absent from this, or this would ruin her too.

Red and Blue
25th September 2014, 9:03 PM
Did Sasuke actually apologize to Karin? I don't recall him ever doing so

Void Ventus
25th September 2014, 9:06 PM

Nah. He needs that UchihaXUzumaki baby, then he can go all Orochimaru and steal his child's body.

Platinum fan.
25th September 2014, 9:07 PM

He gave her a weak "sorry" while she was mad and then she fangirled over him as if the Danzo incident never happened. It's one moment in the series I truly wish I could forget.

Pokegirl Fan~
25th September 2014, 9:19 PM
I don't really think that what Sakura did in this chapter was bad at all tbh, she hasn't really been a bad character at all imo, ever since part 2 started.

He gave her a weak "sorry" while she was mad and then she fangirled over him as if the Danzo incident never happened. It's one moment in the series I truly wish I could forget.

I agree actually, I really wish Karin didn't accept his apology, at least not that easily :x

Joltik-Kid
25th September 2014, 9:34 PM
I think the unbelievable is Kishi makes it so no one can truly be angry with Sasuke...that is all

Red and Blue
25th September 2014, 9:37 PM
I don't really think that what Sakura did in this chapter was bad at all tbh, she hasn't really been a bad character at all imo, ever since part 2 started.

I agree actually, I really wish Karin didn't accept his apology, at least not that easily :x

What? she's still holding on to a crush even though it's painfully obvious after all this time that Sasuke will never love her. She should have realized this by now and yet she still loves him. Even after he tried to kill her in the Summit and called her useless during the fight with Kaguya. WTF?

Pokegirl Fan~
25th September 2014, 9:42 PM
What? she's still holding on to a crush even though it's painfully obvious after all this time that Sasuke will never love her. She should have realized this by now and yet she still loves him. Even after he tried to kill her in the Summit and called her useless during the fight with Kaguya. WTF?

There's a difference between a love and a crush, a crush was what Sakura was doing for most of part 1 and what Karin has been doing since she was introduced. It seems way deeper than that with Sakura ever since part 2 started in my honest opinion.

Lorde
25th September 2014, 9:49 PM

Sakura's dreadful imho. She needs to ditch her feelings for Sasuke and focus on herself; I'm tired of her taking a step forward and then a dozen steps back. It's bad writing and painful to watch over and over again.

Akashin
25th September 2014, 9:51 PM
Sakura's dreadful imho. She needs to ditch her feelings for Sasuke and focus on herself; I'm tired of her taking a step forward and then a dozen steps back. It's bad writing and painful to watch over and over again.

This about sums it up. It's more than a little hopeful on my part, but I was hoping to see her show a willingness to confront Sasuke that she ultimately didn't have during the Summit (though honestly she seemed stronger emotionally there than she does now, funnily enough).

Red and Blue
25th September 2014, 9:55 PM
There's a difference between a love and a crush, a crush was what Sakura was doing for most of part 1 and what Karin has been doing since she was introduced. It seems way deeper than that with Sakura ever since part 2 started in my honest opinion.

Okay, even then. To still love the person who called you useless and tried to kill you? You don't think there's something wrong with that?

Ragnarok
25th September 2014, 10:30 PM
What baffles me about this entire thing is why does she like him so much that she's still holding on. Like, seriously?

I can understand her wanting him back for Team 7s sake but this is getting ridiculous now. Chapter 181 should have put whatever romantic feelings she had for him to rest. If he isn't going to stick around then what makes you think his feelings will suddenly be different on your next reunion. Giving up on him romantically but still wanting him back as a friend and a comrade would have done wonders for her character and show how much she's matured.

"Love needs no reason" is BS. There needs to be reason why you're clinging on to someone who just too long ago left you to die in molten lava. :)

Hope to god that genjutsu was the last straw cause this is romance at it's worse. If I were a Sakura fan I'd be pretty angry right now.

Joltik-Kid
25th September 2014, 10:39 PM
If I were a Sakura fan I'd be pretty angry right now.
You have no idea how real that statement is right now

Jb
26th September 2014, 12:44 AM
Tbh, I'm not even sure how anyone could even be a fan of Sakura. I'm not trying to bash, but she doesn't really have any likable qualities, moves or abilities that make her stand out. She not from clan, and her appearance is pretty shonen standard. Hinata or Tenten seemed like they make a better character if giving screen time, and Temari is already a better character.

Either way, like the posts above, it had to be a hard hit for Sakura fans, or even ones that simply defending her fangirl'n.

Akashin
26th September 2014, 3:14 AM
Tbh, I'm not even sure how anyone could even be a fan of Sakura. I'm not trying to bash, but she doesn't really have any likable qualities, moves or abilities that make her stand out. She not from clan, and her appearance is pretty shonen standard. Hinata or Tenten seemed like they make a better character if giving screen time, and Temari is already a better character.

Either way, like the posts above, it had to be a hard hit for Sakura fans, or even ones that simply defending her fangirl'n.

I still like Sakura more than I like Hinata, though neither are particular favorites of mine.

That aside, I found Sakura growing out of just being a ninja for Sasuke's sake and into trying to find her own passion (if for the sake of keeping Team Seven together; a bit more self-interest wouldn't have been unwelcome there) interesting when it was actually given any attention. She's a living mass of wasted potential for the most part, but it's not like there weren't brief moments where there was any worth in rooting for her.

Mr. Reloaded
26th September 2014, 5:14 AM
Her "love" isn't even love, she's acting like a child so bad to the point that's it's gotten worse.
And when Sasuke of all people points out your childish BS, something is wrong.

Jb
26th September 2014, 6:17 AM
no one answered my question earlier but couldn't the sage take back his powers? i mean, naruto would completely curb-stomp sasuke without that hax eye

Platinum fan.
26th September 2014, 6:40 PM
no one answered my question earlier but couldn't the sage take back his powers? i mean, naruto would completely curb-stomp sasuke without that hax eye

Could the sage take back Sasuke's power? I suppose, but that would be cheating. And as we know, Naruto has to be the underdog in this final fight with Sasuke. So I'm not expecting Naruto to just instantly wail on Sasuke at the start. I bet the first three chapters will be all Sasuke. All I ask is that it's not as one sided as the part 1 finale. That is one of the most one sided fights in Naruto history. Naruto only got a single page of a counterattack. A single page, LOL.

Anyway, since we know both Naruto and Sasuke survive and everyone is out of lalaland for the movie, we have to assume Sasuke is convinced to free everyone and give them a lame apology. He's still not Hokage worthy though. And for crying out loud if Naruto is still a Gennin in that movie I'll scream. I know these ranks don't mean crap anymore, but come on. Naruto's Six Path level. That's gotta earn the boy a promotion at least.

Lorde
26th September 2014, 7:36 PM
All I ask is that it's not as one sided as the part 1 finale.

I thought it was pretty even at the end once Naruto got his Kyuubi powers. Even before that he managed to put up a decent fight right before Sasuke's Sharingan got its third tomoe in my opinion.

Platinum fan.
26th September 2014, 7:51 PM
I thought it was pretty even at the end once Naruto got his Kyuubi powers. Even before that he managed to put up a decent fight right before Sasuke's Sharingan got its third tomoe in my opinion.

No it wasn't. Not in manga format. Sasuke had full control of that fight. At no point did it ever look like Sasuke and Naruto were equals. This fight was basically Sasuke using Naruto as his punching bag to showcase his cursed seal and evolving Sharingan. The anime, however did a fantastic job at showcasing Naruto and Sasuke fighting on equal grounds where it could have been anyones game. Manga wise? Even with him getting the one tail, Sasuke was still able to avoid him. It was a one sided fight and a weak finish to part 1. Especially following fights like Neji vs Kidomaru, Tayuya vs Shikamaru and Gaara and Lee vs Kimimaro.

patrickab7
26th September 2014, 8:19 PM
The whole chapter could have been titled "Ship Sinking". On top of the Sasuka/Sakura stuff, Naruto's still dwelling on his promise to Sakura even though she's made it very clear that she'll always be stuck on Sasuke. I feel bad for Hinata.

LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin
26th September 2014, 9:53 PM
Sad for Sakura... this chapter was a Ship Sinking for poor SasuSaku fans.

I have a bad feeling on NaruHina too. Maybe after the battle, Naruto rejects poor Hinata and hooks up with Sasuke (Yeah!! Kishimoto considers very hard to conclude Naruto in a Shonen-ai. NaruSasu fans would be really happy).

magma grunt edu
26th September 2014, 10:23 PM
I just read the latest chapter and why is sasuke still being a little b1tch? what possible reason besides him being a little child with a gun throwing a tantrum could he have for what he's doing right now? I really don't understand his stupid attitude. He's no better than madara. Sakura got what she was asking for. I'm glad that she will stop doing anything now. Since naruto foreshadowed himself i guess both will die. Shikamaru eventually becomes hokage, poor hinata gets nothing and peace will reign for a long time due to naruto's sacrifice.

Has sasuke's reason been showned in the manga? is it going to be explained when he tells naruto his view of being hokage?

Lorde
26th September 2014, 10:29 PM
I've always gotten a weird vibe from Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry; I wouldn't be surprised in NaruSasu actually ended up being canon at this point. I mean the manga can't sink any lower imo. :x

magma grunt edu
26th September 2014, 11:11 PM
I've always gotten a weird vibe from Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry; I wouldn't be surprised in NaruSasu actually ended up being canon at this point. I mean the manga can't sink any lower imo. :x

I don't discard it either. honestly when i read this chapter that was exactly the feeling i got from it. Either they end up lovers or they end up dead.

Nodame
27th September 2014, 12:00 AM

You complain about "Sakura's love for Sasuke" Yet you still ship SS and you want Sasuke to redeem himself for Sakura's sake. You mentioned that in your posts in the shipping thread.

Lorde
27th September 2014, 12:05 AM
Yet you still ship SS and you want Sasuke to redeem himself for Sakura's sake. You mentioned that in your posts in the shipping thread..

My most recent post there says nothing of the sort; I actually made it clear that I'm over that pairing. :rolleyes:

Either they end up lovers or they end up dead.

Well they're both confirmed to be alive after this fight via the new movie. Also, I think Kakashi was implied to be the sixth Hokage there as well.

Nodame
27th September 2014, 12:58 AM
Interesting wow..

I blame kishi and his terrible romance writing. I'm angry and disappointed at the way Kishi treats Sakura's character but NS is still endgame and will happen imo. The amazing development/chemistry they have can't go to waste. The fact that Minato and Kushina gave NS their blessing and then dissappeared forever is plot armor that at this moment can't be dealt with by NH or SS. It doesn't change the fact that Naruto LOVES Sakura, he said it Sai that he can't confess now because he's yet to keep his promise. Naruto the most important character loves Sakura. Him going to Hinata makes NO sense. He never showed any interest to Hinata, how can people even ship NH/SS I will never understand.. Bleh whatever. #keepcalmandshipNarusaku

Red and Blue
27th September 2014, 1:20 AM
If you ask me, she doesn't deserve Naruto. She should be alone due to her stupidity. Seriously, how can she STILL be in love with that jerk?

Platinum fan.
27th September 2014, 2:41 AM
Interesting wow..

I blame kishi and his terrible romance writing. I'm angry and disappointed at the way Kishi treats Sakura's character but NS is still endgame and will happen imo. The amazing development/chemistry they have can't go to waste. The fact that Minato and Kushina gave NS their blessing and then dissappeared forever is plot armor that at this moment can't be dealt with by NH or SS. It doesn't change the fact that Naruto LOVES Sakura, he said it Sai that he can't confess now because he's yet to keep his promise. Naruto the most important character loves Sakura. Him going to Hinata makes NO sense. He never showed any interest to Hinata, how can people even ship NH/SS I will never understand.. Bleh whatever. #keepcalmandshipNarusaku

Meh! Meh I say. Unless it's a threesome with Obito, Rin and Kakashi, or Yahiko, Konan, and Nagato, I don't ship anything in Naruto. The shipping in Naruto is really weak. As for Naruto with Sakura? With Sakura still in love with Sasuke, I don't think Naruto and Sakura will ever truly work. Naruto will always feel like a substitute because Sakura for whatever reason still loves Sasuke. Naruto deserves better, frankly. I don't know if that's Hinata or not but I certainly don't support him with Sakura, regardless what Kushina and Minato said. I don't think they want their son being sloppy seconds/second best to anyone. But shipping in Naruto in general is weak.

Lorde
27th September 2014, 2:44 AM
Sakura's obsessive love for Sasuke reminds me of Obito's obsessive love for Rin, only Rin was a good person who was actually worth loving at least, unlike Sasuke who plans on bringing faux-order to the world via murder.

Platinum fan.
27th September 2014, 2:51 AM
Sakura's obsessive love for Sasuke reminds me of Obito's obsessive love for Rin, only Rin was a good person who was actually worth loving at least, unlike Sasuke who plans on bringing faux-order to the world via murder.

Rin was always good to Obito. She supported everything he did, encouraged him, hung out with him, and was generally a nice and a good friend. I fully understand why Obito loved Rin. Even before they were a team she was looking out for him. It's why Obito's affection for Rin was so much better then Naruto's with Sakura and certainly better then Sakura with Sasuke. I never understood the Sasuke/Sakura/Naruto love issues. None made any sense for me to get behind, yet they try and make a big deal out of it.

Mr. Reloaded
27th September 2014, 3:56 AM
If you ask me, she doesn't deserve Naruto. She should be alone due to her stupidity. Seriously, how can she STILL be in love with that jerk?

It can't be love, it's gotta be desperation. Either that or she doesn't get "crushes" are for children.

Lorde
27th September 2014, 4:11 AM
Rin was always good to Obito. She supported everything he did, encouraged him, hung out with him, and was generally a nice and a good friend. I fully understand why Obito loved Rin. Even before they were a team she was looking out for him. It's why Obito's affection for Rin was so much better then Naruto's with Sakura and certainly better then Sakura with Sasuke. I never understood the Sasuke/Sakura/Naruto love issues. None made any sense for me to get behind, yet they try and make a big deal out of it.

Well to be frank, Sakura grew to appreciate Naruto more and more and she's supported him a lot as well in Part 2 especially; it's her feelings for Sasuke that hold her back in my view.

Platinum fan.
27th September 2014, 4:39 AM
Well to be frank, Sakura grew to appreciate Naruto more and more and she's supported him a lot as well in Part 2 especially; it's her feelings for Sasuke that hold her back in my view.

I never said she didn't. It didn't start off that way. Sakura was as mean to Naruto as all the other Konoha villagers. I like that Sakura did grow to like Naruto, but this whole forced love triangle thing Team 7 had going on never worked for me due to half the members not even caring for the others existence at all, so it never worked. Especially in Sasuke's case. Not that it matters. Sakura and Naruto shipping died during that fake confession as far as I'm concerned. Even if they do end up together, we know it's only because she had no shot with Sasuke. This latest chapter just hurt Sakura's character so bad. I just don't understand SasukeXSakura. I mean I can kinda understand NarutoXSakura. I don't support it, but if Kishi didn't make Sakura do these stupid things, it might have worked. But her crush with Sasuke?

I hate saying this, but even Karin has a somewhat stronger reason for liking Sasuke. Sasuke saved her life when she was younger in the Chunin Exams offpanel, so I can see her having affection for the guy who saved her life when he didn't have to. But Sakura? What has Sasuke ever done for Sakura to make her love him so much? And then this series is written in a way where you're suppose to feel sorry for Sakura because Sasuke's left. The only thing I feel sorry for is she still loves a guy who doesn't get a second thought about her existence at all and would kill her with no regrets at all. And the real kicker is you have all these good guys like Naruto, Rock Lee, and even that random shinobi who like Sakura, but she rejects them in favor of Sasuke, the Uchiha Revolutionary who's trying to kill her master Tsunade, and tried to kill her, and all of Team 7 and not that long ago vowed to murder everyone in Konoha.

I don't hate Sakura. I truly don't. But what is Kishi thinking in writing her character like this? Then some wonder why Hinata's the most popular female in Naruto. No disrespect to lady Hinata of course. Poor Sakura. This latest chapter has not been kind to you. And after she just helped with Kaguya too. Ugh!

Agility
27th September 2014, 10:23 AM
I ship Sasuke and Sakura pretty hard, as evidenced in this thread earlier, but this chapter.. what in the actual hell. My faith in it was slightly upped in the chapter they pull Sasuke from the portal, but this just annihilated it. Dude's a Grade A douche. He's gonna have to find a prostitute at this rate to have his kids cuz Sakura shouldn't be going anywhere near that once Naruto beats him into the dirt and then talk no jutsu's him (again.. kinda)..

Damn. I really liked that ship, too. :(

Nodame
27th September 2014, 1:44 PM
Meh! Meh I say. Unless it's a threesome with Obito, Rin and Kakashi, or Yahiko, Konan, and Nagato, I don't ship anything in Naruto. The shipping in Naruto is really weak. As for Naruto with Sakura? With Sakura still in love with Sasuke, I don't think Naruto and Sakura will ever truly work. Naruto will always feel like a substitute because Sakura for whatever reason still loves Sasuke. Naruto deserves better, frankly. I don't know if that's Hinata or not but I certainly don't support him with Sakura, regardless what Kushina and Minato said. I don't think they want their son being sloppy seconds/second best to anyone. But shipping in Naruto in general is weak.

Whether you like NaruSaku or not depends on your opinion which I don't care about at all, but no one can deny that they had the most development and chemistry because its a fact. I admit that her love for Sasuke is a problem but I still like Sakura and NaruSaku. I could write an essay describing why I think NaruSaku is beautiful but I don't think its worth it anymore.

Lorde
27th September 2014, 8:14 PM
NaruSaku had some nice moments lately like Sakura trying to keep Naruto alive after Kurama was extracted from him, but it was obvious that Sakura loved Sasuke more in my opinion. That's why the essays about her supposedly getting over Sasuke a few weeks ago took me by surprise.

Platinum fan.
27th September 2014, 10:41 PM
NaruSaku had some nice moments lately like Sakura trying to keep Naruto alive after Kurama was extracted from him, but it was obvious that Sakura loved Sasuke more in my opinion. That's why the essays about her supposedly getting over Sasuke a few weeks ago took me by surprise.

I agree they had nice moments. Naruto and Sakura have had really nice moments in the series. But she was always in love with Sasuke. Don't know why though. It doesn't really matter to me. I'm not a shipper.

LightningMaster95
27th September 2014, 11:38 PM
so is kakashi really going to become the 6 hokage??? idk japanese letters/words so does his back really say hokage

Lorde
27th September 2014, 11:40 PM
so is kakashi really going to become the 6 hokage??? idk japanese letters/words so does his back really say hokage

He seems to have the kanji for 6 (六) on his back, so it's practically confirmed.

Platinum fan.
27th September 2014, 11:41 PM
Nobody should be surprised. Kakashi is the cooliest of the cool. But I wonder if Tsunade retired or got killed off? It would suck if she died and Orochimaru is still around.

Lorde
28th September 2014, 2:49 AM
I don't see why Kakashi even needs to be Hokage though; why should Tsunade retire? Naruto's bound to achieve his dream of becoming Hokage before the manga ends anyway, so I don't see why Kakashi has to hold that position in the meantime.

Void Ventus
28th September 2014, 2:52 AM
Nobody should be surprised. Kakashi is the cooliest of the cool. But I wonder if Tsunade retired or got killed off? It would suck if she died and Orochimaru is still around.

It's not a surprise for Kakashi to be Hokage considering he was already chosen as the 6th Hokage while Tsunade was still unconscious, but you weren't in favor of him being the official 6th Hokage a few weeks ago. Tsunade will probably retire, like Sarutobi did when Minato was chosen as the 4th. She'll probably still have some political power, and still be doing some stuff in the village, like becoming the head of the Leaf's Medical School or something.

I don't see why Kakashi even needs to be Hokage though; why should Tsunade retire? Naruto's bound to achieve his dream of becoming Hokage before the manga ends anyway, so I don't see why Kakashi has to hold that position in the meantime.
Why did Sarutobi retire when Minato became Hokage? Because even though he was probably still really powerful, Minato was younger, and already showed enough strength and smarts to become Hokage. As for why Naruto isn't Hokage now, either he decided to not become Hokage yet, or the village elders decided he can't be Hokage yet for some reason. We don't know, we won't know until just a couple of months from now.

Platinum fan.
28th September 2014, 3:17 AM
It's not a surprise for Kakashi to be Hokage considering he was already chosen as the 6th Hokage while Tsunade was still unconscious, but you weren't in favor of him being the official 6th Hokage a few weeks ago. Tsunade will probably retire, like Sarutobi did when Minato was chosen as the 4th. She'll probably still have some political power, and still be doing some stuff in the village, like becoming the head of the Leaf's Medical School or something.

Why did Sarutobi retire when Minato became Hokage? Because even though he was probably still really powerful, Minato was younger, and already showed enough strength and smarts to become Hokage. As for why Naruto isn't Hokage now, either he decided to not become Hokage yet, or the village elders decided he can't be Hokage yet for some reason. We don't know, we won't know until just a couple of months from now.

I'm still not in favor of Kakashi being Hokage. The time to have done it was after Danzo was killed. I've always said, however that Kakashi was worthy of the title. But giving it to him now is rather pointless when the series is almost finished and there's nothing left. I still think Kakashi would make a good Hokage, but the timing is off and after Sasuke there's nobody left to fight.

Jb
28th September 2014, 3:27 AM
I hope that means it gets his sharingan back somehow. i don't think he has much to offer without it

Lorde
28th September 2014, 4:12 AM
The fact that Kakashi now lacks his Sharingan is another reason why him being the future 6th Hokage makes me cackle. He's gonna be an average fighter now imho. He'll be an even weaker Hokage than Tsunade probably. :c

LightningMaster95
28th September 2014, 4:36 AM
does kakashi really need to be a fighter anymore since he has naruto and (big if)sasuke to protect the village for him while he deals with the politics of being hokage nd im guessing that kishimoto is going to pull a fast one on us and say that naruto is still too young to be hokage and he needs to mature a bit more until he can take the role

Agility
28th September 2014, 4:40 AM
Sarutobi was considered a great hokage and fighter, and he didn't have a Sharingan, or really anything else of note. I don't understand. Just because Sasuke and Naruto were allowed to become grossly overpowered doesn't mean regular ninja can't be outstanding Hokage. Have you forgotten all of Part 1?

Kakashi is a better choice than Naruto. He's seen battle, he's led teams, he knows how the politics work, and he's sharp as a tack. I think they'll do a "Kakashi mentoring Naruto" thing, as the Sixth. Naruto then succeeds him as the Seventh.

Platinum fan.
28th September 2014, 4:48 AM
I certainly didn't forget part 1. But I bet Kishimoto did. I would shake my head if they pull the "Naruto is too young and needs to mature a bit more" thing to prevent him from being Hokage. I mean if he's not ready now, what's a few more years really going to matter? Naruto is never going to be a book smart genius. It's just not in his character. Neither is politics to a certain extent. I think he can learn the basics of politics anyway but not be a super brain. That's why he needs Shikamaru as his right hand. I mean Gaara made Kazekage at a young age, so why not Naruto?

Lorde
28th September 2014, 4:50 AM
does kakashi really need to be a fighter anymore since he has naruto and (big if)sasuke to protect the village for him while he deals with the politics of being hokage nd im guessing that kishimoto is going to pull a fast one on us and say that naruto is still too young to be hokage and he needs to mature a bit more until he can take the role

If Kakashi can't defend the village on his own, then he doesn't deserve to be Hokage in my honest opinion; if he would need Naruto's help for that, he may as well just give Naruto the job. Also, Hiruzen was around Naruto's age when he became Hokage, so Naruto isn't too young.

LightningMaster95
28th September 2014, 7:37 AM
If Kakashi can't defend the village on his own, then he doesn't deserve to be Hokage in my honest opinion; if he would need Naruto's help for that, he may as well just give Naruto the job. Also, Hiruzen was around Naruto's age when he became Hokage, so Naruto isn't too young.

didnt tsunade need naruto's help in order to defend the village from pain and at the end of the day naruto is still a ninja of the leaf so he is going to help defend the village no matter what whether its under kakashi or tsunade orders.
different circumstances between hiruzen and naruto...hiruzen inherited the title from tobirama because tobirama knew he was going to die so he had to pick someone while with naruto there are other characters who can be hokage while naruto still matures and grows

Void Ventus
28th September 2014, 1:46 PM

But did Hiruzen become Hokage immediately? For all we know on the confusing timeline, Hashirama was still alive at this time. He passed the Hokage role to Tobirama while he was still alive. And basing on the flashbacks of Hiruzen training the Sannin and official age bios, Hiru was probably over a decade older due to his appearance (meaning he was or close to 30 years old), and the Sannin were probably 13-14. We know Hashirama lived long enough to not only meet Tsunade, but also teach her how to gamble at ?? years old (most likely 2-3 years old). Hashirama could have filled the Hokage role again for a little while after Tobirama's death. The Wiki says Hashi died shortly after forming the Leaf, but when exactly was it formed? When he became the first Hokage? Or after Tsunade was born? The Leaf hasn't even been around for a whole century yet, so even if they are comparing it to how long the Leaf has been around, 5-10 years isn't really "short".

Now I've gotten myself confused. This timeline really needs to be cleared up and filled out some more.

Lorde
28th September 2014, 8:24 PM
didnt tsunade need naruto's help in order to defend the village from pain and at the end of the day naruto is still a ninja of the leaf so he is going to help defend the village no matter what whether its under kakashi or tsunade orders.

He didn't receive direct orders from Tsunade; he protected the village on his own accord. I'm saying that Naruto being relied on for Konoha's defense all the time in the future since Kakashi's apparently too weak is an odd concept because then it'll be as if Naruto's only purpose is to be village protector, in which case he may as well have the Hokage title. :x

Akashin
28th September 2014, 8:45 PM
He didn't receive direct orders from Tsunade; he protected the village on his own accord. I'm saying that Naruto being relied on for Konoha's defense all the time in the future since Kakashi's apparently too weak is an odd concept because then it'll be as if Naruto's only purpose is to be village protector, in which case he may as well have the Hokage title. :x

To be fair, this is largely a distinction without a difference. Naruto chose to protect the village on his own (though Tsunade did go out of her way to try to get him back, too), but the fact remains that had he not done so Konoha would be toast.

It's not like every threat Konoha will ever face in the future will be some Akatsuki-level threat; Kakashi is still relatively powerful in his own right (theoretically anyway) without the Sharingan and more than capable of handling threats. You're making it sound like every threat regardless of severity will be something Kakashi would have to call on Naruto to handle.

Platinum fan.
28th September 2014, 8:45 PM

Tsunade did kinda order Naruto back to the village, against the elders wishes, even Danzo tried to halt it. So it's not like Kakashi would be the first. Besides Naruto surpassed Tsunade a long time ago and she's still Hokage. I'm not saying I agree with Kakashi being Hokage over Naruto, but it's not a impossible or ridiculous situation. It only looks that way to us because the series is like ending. That and the time to make Kakashi Hokage has passed.

Lorde
28th September 2014, 8:49 PM
Tsunade did kinda order Naruto back to the village, against the elders wishes, even Danzo tried to halt it.

My point is that Naruto literally didn't receive those orders; Kosuke was killed before sending the message, so Naruto protected Konoha without being told to by the Hokage.

Platinum fan.
28th September 2014, 8:53 PM
My point is that Naruto literally didn't receive those orders; Kosuke was killed before sending the message, so Naruto protected Konoha without being told to by the Hokage.

Well yeah. Konoha's his home. Can't have random villains messing it up. Any Konoha ninja would defend it unless they got orders not to for some weird reason.

TsukiMirage
28th September 2014, 9:03 PM
TsukiMirage, I'm not even going to bother debating with you now. Just read the new chapters, and you can argue with them. If you still think Sasuke would make a better Hokage over Naruto, then I fear the world you vision.

Latest chapter just echoed everything I have been saying. And I'm glad Naruto does not support Sasuke as Hokage, so there will be no "Naruto supports Sasuke to be Hokage and he'll become a Jiraiya wander" crap. That would be beyond dumb for the series anyway. Sasuke treats Sakura like dirt. While I'll never understand why she loves him, Sasuke pretty much treats her like Karin. Some Hokage. So Sasuke has his own version of Hokage? I'm sure it's nothing good. I take back what I said about Sasuke being a Danzo style Hokage. I think he'd be far worse. Still a good chapter. They're throwing the nostalgia of Part 1 into this and it's up to Naruto to "change" Sasuke.

I think this chapter almost confirms Sasuke will never be Hokage. Because he's just using the title Hokage as a excuse for his own agenda for changing the world. Still Sasuke makes a great villain for this. I can't wait to see Naruto beat him. ... Sasuke hasn't done anything differently then Itachi did, and Itachi was proclaim as fitting Hokage material by the Hokages themselves. Time and again, we have been shown that some things are necessary for the greater good. There hasn't been any reason other then "he's not a nice person" as justification for Sasuke not being a fitting Hokage, which is moot against his actual leadership ability, drive, and intelligence. I'm not sure why I wouldn't want a leader who would work to prevent his own people from getting massacred by the government and is against giant monsters who mentally tortured and attempted to kill children? I also find it funny how Naruto is against eliminating the Bijuus despite the fact that he showed no care for them when he himself was attempting to kill the Juubi with Kirabi.

You do realize that the reason such was believed was because since Part Two, Naruto was suppose to be working towards bring peace to the world and multiple characters close to him (Jiraiya, Minato, and Nagato) went into how the ninja system is flawed and had to be changed. We were then introduced to the Rikudou Sennin and his concept of bring everyone together, with multiple parallels connected to Naruto. This has literally been the theme since the Rain arc. For all that to be dropped and Naruto to simply become Hokage would be him failing those who put their hope in him.

Also, how did Sasuke treat Sakura like crap? He has always considered her annoying, unless you mean the genjutsu, in which case that was him protecting her. Remember the last time the two fought, Sakura ran inbetween them and nearly got herself killed? Genjutsu was the most benign way to keep her from interfering. Well, I suppose he could have knocked her on the back of the head again...

So, you saying trying to change the world, which as mentioned have been stated flawed by multiple characters in the series and is suppose to be Naruto's whole current motivation, is wrong... even if that agenda is preventing another event like the one that happen to his own clan from happening again?

He gave her a weak "sorry" while she was mad and then she fangirled over him as if the Danzo incident never happened. It's one moment in the series I truly wish I could forget. Wait, Sasuke actually showing remorse and apologizes for a wrong action without being made to do so, without wanting or expecting something in return, is still bad and unfitting. It's like nothing he does will be acceptable.

Platinum fan.
28th September 2014, 10:33 PM
... Sasuke hasn't done anything differently then Itachi did, and Itachi was proclaim as fitting Hokage material by the Hokages themselves. Time and again, we have been shown that some things are necessary for the greater good. There hasn't been any reason other then "he's not a nice person" as justification for Sasuke not being a fitting Hokage, which is moot against his actual leadership ability, drive, and intelligence. I'm not sure why I wouldn't want a leader who would work to prevent his own people from getting massacred by the government and is against giant monsters who mentally tortured and attempted to kill children? I also find it funny how Naruto is against eliminating the Bijuus despite the fact that he showed no care for them when he himself was attempting to kill the Juubi with Kirabi.

You do realize that the reason such was believed was because since Part Two, Naruto was suppose to be working towards bring peace to the world and multiple characters close to him (Jiraiya, Minato, and Nagato) went into how the ninja system is flawed and had to be changed. We were then introduced to the Rikudou Sennin and his concept of bring everyone together, with multiple parallels connected to Naruto. This has literally been the theme since the Rain arc. For all that to be dropped and Naruto to simply become Hokage would be him failing those who put their hope in him.

Also, how did Sasuke treat Sakura like crap? He has always considered her annoying, unless you mean the genjutsu, in which case that was him protecting her. Remember the last time the two fought, Sakura ran inbetween them and nearly got herself killed? Genjutsu was the most benign way to keep her from interfering. Well, I suppose he could have knocked her on the back of the head again...

So, you saying trying to change the world, which as mentioned have been stated flawed by multiple characters in the series and is suppose to be Naruto's whole current motivation, is wrong... even if that agenda is preventing another event like the one that happen to his own clan from happening again?

Wait, Sasuke actually showing remorse and apologizes for a wrong action without being made to do so, without wanting or expecting something in return, is still bad and unfitting. It's like nothing he does will be acceptable.

Sasuke would make a horrible leader. He doesn't care about Konoha. You really think Sasuke cares about anything but his own vision of Hokage? Let me ask you this, why kill Tsunade? Tsunade is a respectable Konoha shinobi and has devoted her life to Konoha since becoming Hokage. You really think Konoha will accept Sasuke for killing Tsunade. Why kill Gaara? Gaara is allies with Konoha and by killing him, Sasuke simple sets Konoha back and makes them look like backstabbers. Sasuke only cares about his own goals and nobody else who's not a Uchiha. Naruto cares for the village and everyone in it and would do anything to protect it. That's the difference between Naruto and Sasuke. Sasuke can be the best leader in the world but if he doesn't have the trust of Konoha he'll never be Hokage. And Sasuke doesn't know anything about being Hokage. There's doing what needs to be done and then there's stupid choices, and Sasuke's doing the latter. Nothing can defend his appalling actions now.

And you ask how he treated Sakura like crap? Well let's see, he badmouthed her on how useless she is in the Kaguya fight, told her how annoying she was and placed her in a Genjutsu and told Naruto he cares nothing about her. Now if Sasuke is going to treat Sakura, a character who has been loyal to Sasuke through the best of time and the worst of times, like this, why on earth would anyone think he would treat the rest of Konoha any better? Why would you want that as your Hokage? A person who's going to tear you down instead of encouraging you?

Lorde
28th September 2014, 10:53 PM
I'm not sure how Sasuke's plans can be justified anyway; is him planning to murder the Gokage, the Bijuu, Naruto, and likely becoming a dictator Hokage a good thing? Thank God Naruto is there to stop him. :x

Nodame
29th September 2014, 1:24 AM
I don't care who is the hokage as long as Tsunade and the others are not killed by Sauce-kay.

But as far as they had the most development, I'm guessing you mean together? Correct me if I'm wrong

Together.

TsukiMirage
29th September 2014, 9:40 AM
Sasuke would make a horrible leader. He doesn't care about Konoha. You really think Sasuke cares about anything but his own vision of Hokage? Let me ask you this, why kill Tsunade? Tsunade is a respectable Konoha shinobi and has devoted her life to Konoha since becoming Hokage. You really think Konoha will accept Sasuke for killing Tsunade. Why kill Gaara? Gaara is allies with Konoha and by killing him, Sasuke simple sets Konoha back and makes them look like backstabbers. Sasuke only cares about his own goals and nobody else who's not a Uchiha. Naruto cares for the village and everyone in it and would do anything to protect it. That's the difference between Naruto and Sasuke. Sasuke can be the best leader in the world but if he doesn't have the trust of Konoha he'll never be Hokage. And Sasuke doesn't know anything about being Hokage. There's doing what needs to be done and then there's stupid choices, and Sasuke's doing the latter. Nothing can defend his appalling actions now. But he does care about Konoha. He cares about Konoha because Itachi cared about Konoha and Sasuke has taken it upon himself to take over Itachi's duties and protect Konoha like he wanted. He states this during the meeting with the Edo Hokages. It's the whole reason he got involved in the war, and literally risked his life multiple times trying to save everyone. And given that Sasuke was shown to basically idolize Itachi, there's really no reason to believe that he's not as dedicated as he appears to Itachi's dream.

We don't know why exactly he is going after the Kages, though it's probably because they are responsible for keeping the flawed system the way it is and would oppose any change in said system. As for Konoha accepting him and setting the villages back, huh? How would anyone else know what he did? Everyone except Team Seven is currently in the dream world, meaning that they won't have any idea what he did before he awakes them. The only complication would be Kakashi and Sakura, and a genjutsu solves that problem.

Again, Sasuke has literally gotten involved in a major conflict and risked his own life to protect not just the village, but the entire world. Those are not the actions of someone who doesn't care. And really, Naruto would do anything to protect the village? He refused to stay in the village where it was safe and instead ran around where he could have been grabbed, he disobey Jiraiya's orders and nearly killed Sakura, he lied to Karui and continued to reinforce the claim that Sasuke was a Konoha ninja despite the fact that it could have led to war and then threw it all on Ee to prevent said war, refused to obey the Alliance's protection, and continually allows dangerous ninjas to go free. Just because the narrative goes in his favor doesn't change that Naruto only does things that benefits what he wants, and rejects any other way. The current situation is partly due to the fact that Naruto refuses to put the safety of others over his own desire. At least Sasuke has shown the habit of actually listening to other people and accepting their opinions.

Sasuke knows exactly what it means to be Hokage and protect the village. Have you forgotten that the whole reason he had the Edo Hokages revived were to asked about those very things. It was the talk with them that caused him to abandon his desire for revenge and work to protect the village. I would say his actions are extreme, but as mentioned before, at least he has an idea of how to fix the world and changed the flawed system.

And you ask how he treated Sakura like crap? Well let's see, he badmouthed her on how useless she is in the Kaguya fight, told her how annoying she was and placed her in a Genjutsu and told Naruto he cares nothing about her. Now if Sasuke is going to treat Sakura, a character who has been loyal to Sasuke through the best of time and the worst of times, like this, why on earth would anyone think he would treat the rest of Konoha any better? Why would you want that as your Hokage? A person who's going to tear you down instead of encouraging you? And yet he went out of his way to save her life at least three times: against the Juubi-spawn, from being caught in the dream world, and from being caught in the Chibaku Tensei. His comments about her being less important compared to him and Naruto in the Kaguya fight was harsh but completely true. They couldn't worry about her safety at the expense of their own, cause if one of them died, then it was game over, the whole world was doomed. Even Kakashi agreed with him. He has always considered her annoying, since the very beginning. I'm not sure why he's a bad guy for getting annoyed at a person who keeps going on about her feeling for him despite him making it clear again and again he doesn't love her. Heck, us readers have complained about her constant talk of love of him despite there being no basis for it. It makes prefect sense he would be annoyed with such a person, just like how Sakura got annoyed at Naruto and Lee for doing the exact same thing to her. Are you saying he's under some obligation to return feeling he doesn't hold? Despite considering her annoying since the beginning of the series, he has still saved her multiple times, including during the recent situation. And I already explained the genjutsu, which was done to keep her from getting involved, which considering the last time she got involved she nearly got killed, seems more like a plus then a minus.

Exactly what about the current situation granted him any reason to "encourage"? More importantly, you do realize that's how cadets in the military are trained, right? I don't recall any other Hokage being "encouraging" , nor Naruto ever being that way. I do recall Naruto calling Konohamaru out on his crap attitude, but I suppose that's something else. And I also recall how the children under the previous Hokages were trained not to give in to emotions, and ninjas who did were criticized and even pushed to suicide. Seems like you're faulting Sasuke for lacking something that wasn't there in the first place.

I'm not sure how Sasuke's plans can be justified anyway; is him planning to murder the Gokage, the Bijuu, Naruto, and likely becoming a dictator Hokage a good thing? Thank God Naruto is there to stop him. :x True about the Gokages at this point, but the Bijuus have been shown too dangerous to be left around. Even if they themselves don't go evil again (and given how easily they went that way before...) that doesn't prevent them from once again being used, since all the villages have the knowledge to capture them. As long as they exist, they can once again be used as weapons. Naruto's a target because he has the Bijuu's chakra inside him and we have been shown that even a little bit is capable of being just as dangerous.

Well, considering that the Kages are basically military dictatorships since they have complete control over the military and really don't have to answer to anyone else, I guess you can say that Sasuke wants to be a dictator. But then that's true for everyone who wants that position.

Platinum fan.
29th September 2014, 6:28 PM
But he does care about Konoha. He cares about Konoha because Itachi cared about Konoha and Sasuke has taken it upon himself to take over Itachi's duties and protect Konoha like he wanted. He states this during the meeting with the Edo Hokages. It's the whole reason he got involved in the war, and literally risked his life multiple times trying to save everyone. And given that Sasuke was shown to basically idolize Itachi, there's really no reason to believe that he's not as dedicated as he appears to Itachi's dream.

We don't know why exactly he is going after the Kages, though it's probably because they are responsible for keeping the flawed system the way it is and would oppose any change in said system. As for Konoha accepting him and setting the villages back, huh? How would anyone else know what he did? Everyone except Team Seven is currently in the dream world, meaning that they won't have any idea what he did before he awakes them. The only complication would be Kakashi and Sakura, and a genjutsu solves that problem.

Again, Sasuke has literally gotten involved in a major conflict and risked his own life to protect not just the village, but the entire world. Those are not the actions of someone who doesn't care. And really, Naruto would do anything to protect the village? He refused to stay in the village where it was safe and instead ran around where he could have been grabbed, he disobey Jiraiya's orders and nearly killed Sakura, he lied to Karui and continued to reinforce the claim that Sasuke was a Konoha ninja despite the fact that it could have led to war and then threw it all on Ee to prevent said war, refused to obey the Alliance's protection, and continually allows dangerous ninjas to go free. Just because the narrative goes in his favor doesn't change that Naruto only does things that benefits what he wants, and rejects any other way. The current situation is partly due to the fact that Naruto refuses to put the safety of others over his own desire. At least Sasuke has shown the habit of actually listening to other people and accepting their opinions.

Sasuke knows exactly what it means to be Hokage and protect the village. Have you forgotten that the whole reason he had the Edo Hokages revived were to asked about those very things. It was the talk with them that caused him to abandon his desire for revenge and work to protect the village. I would say his actions are extreme, but as mentioned before, at least he has an idea of how to fix the world and changed the flawed system.

And yet he went out of his way to save her life at least three times: against the Juubi-spawn, from being caught in the dream world, and from being caught in the Chibaku Tensei. His comments about her being less important compared to him and Naruto in the Kaguya fight was harsh but completely true. They couldn't worry about her safety at the expense of their own, cause if one of them died, then it was game over, the whole world was doomed. Even Kakashi agreed with him. He has always considered her annoying, since the very beginning. I'm not sure why he's a bad guy for getting annoyed at a person who keeps going on about her feeling for him despite him making it clear again and again he doesn't love her. Heck, us readers have complained about her constant talk of love of him despite there being no basis for it. It makes prefect sense he would be annoyed with such a person, just like how Sakura got annoyed at Naruto and Lee for doing the exact same thing to her. Are you saying he's under some obligation to return feeling he doesn't hold? Despite considering her annoying since the beginning of the series, he has still saved her multiple times, including during the recent situation. And I already explained the genjutsu, which was done to keep her from getting involved, which considering the last time she got involved she nearly got killed, seems more like a plus then a minus.

Exactly what about the current situation granted him any reason to "encourage"? More importantly, you do realize that's how cadets in the military are trained, right? I don't recall any other Hokage being "encouraging" , nor Naruto ever being that way. I do recall Naruto calling Konohamaru out on his crap attitude, but I suppose that's something else. And I also recall how the children under the previous Hokages were trained not to give in to emotions, and ninjas who did were criticized and even pushed to suicide. Seems like you're faulting Sasuke for lacking something that wasn't there in the first place.

True about the Gokages at this point, but the Bijuus have been shown too dangerous to be left around. Even if they themselves don't go evil again (and given how easily they went that way before...) that doesn't prevent them from once again being used, since all the villages have the knowledge to capture them. As long as they exist, they can once again be used as weapons. Naruto's a target because he has the Bijuu's chakra inside him and we have been shown that even a little bit is capable of being just as dangerous.

Well, considering that the Kages are basically military dictatorships since they have complete control over the military and really don't have to answer to anyone else, I guess you can say that Sasuke wants to be a dictator. But then that's true for everyone who wants that position.

First off all let me just say that Sasuke putting Kakashi and Sakura in Genjutsu to cover himself just makes him Danzo. I've been saying all along Sasuke would be a Danzo style Hokage or worse and I guess you agree with me on that now.

The Naruto stuff. How is Naruto selfish? Everything he's done in part 2 was for the sake of someone else. How did he disobey Jiraiya? Give me a example. He took a beating from Karui to protect Sasuke, but he also took it be responsible for their hatred. He never lied to her he just said he couldn't sell him out. Naruto almost killed Sakura? When? Do you mean when he raged out and smacked her with his tail during the Orochimaru fight? Sakura's life was not in danger there. It's not like he tried to Chidori her right in the face in cold blood. Naruto's not perfect. I'm not saying he is, but he's twice the man Sasuke Uchiha will ever be. Naruto swallowed his pride and didn't kill Nagato, a man who killed a father figure to him. Compare that to Sasuke killing Danzo in cold blood and sacrificing Karin to do it. Just to exact his revenge and make himself feel better.

And lastly The Gokages have been supporting their troops and encouraging them all throughout the war. Gaara's speech to the troops to get them to work together started us off. And all through out the series we've had squad leaders encouraging their teams. Kakashi and Shikamaru are the first to come to mind, and it's probably why Konoha hold Kakashi in such high regards besides his skills. Sasuke just talks down to anyone he doesn't find useful and sacrifices anyone. He would have killed Karin is Sakura hadn't come. And no Sasuke doesn't have to return Sakura's feelings but he doesn't have to treat her like trash either.

And Sasuke doesn't love the village. If Itachi told him to kill Konoha he'd do it without a second thought. You're right he loves Itachi and Uchiha. He is not loyal to Konoha itself though.

Jb
29th September 2014, 7:05 PM
The only thing I agree with Sasuke about is that the Biijus probably need to go. As long as they are around it seems history is going to keep repeating itself with the sages sons being passed down and all that nonsense.

Lorde
29th September 2014, 8:41 PM
I don't think the Bijuu are a problem, at least not on their own. Naruto's practically their best friend, so he can always watch over them although frankly, the Bijuu should be competent enough to not be captured again.

Platinum fan.
30th September 2014, 1:23 AM
I don't think the Bijuu are a problem, at least not on their own. Naruto's practically their best friend, so he can always watch over them although frankly, the Bijuu should be competent enough to not be captured again.

Wasn't Naruto appointed to be their new meeting place or whatever? Anyway Naruto won't let them die. He's friends with them now and it would negate the chapters of Naruto learning about them and befriending them. Especially Kurama. Sasuke's the only threat I see now. If they killed Sasuke off, the Uchiha hatred legacy dies with him. But we already know he lives through this fight. That's fine, I just want to see Naruto punch Sasuke's face in in their fight. Sasuke's had this beating coming for years.

Also, the Tailed Beast will be roaming Pokemon when it's all over. A shinobi steps into the tall grass and a wild Eight-Tails will pop out.

Akashin
30th September 2014, 1:28 AM
Wasn't Naruto appointed to be their new meeting place or whatever? Anyway Naruto won't let them die. He's friends with them now and it would negate the chapters of Naruto learning about them and befriending them. Especially Kurama. Sasuke's the only threat I see now. If they killed Sasuke off, the Uchiha hatred legacy dies with him. But we already know he lives through this fight. That's fine, I just want to see Naruto punch Sasuke's face in in their fight. Sasuke's had this beating coming for years.

Also, the Tailed Beast will be roaming Pokemon when it's all over. A shinobi steps into the tall grass and a wild Eight-Tails will pop out.

Poor example seeing as the Eight-Tails claimed that it wants to stay with Killer Bee, but essentially this.

Platinum fan.
30th September 2014, 1:36 AM
Poor example seeing as the Eight-Tails claimed that it wants to stay with Killer Bee, but essentially this.

Alright then. Let me try this again. A shinobi goes out to the tall grass on a mission and a wild Four-Tails comes out. I just randomly picked a tailed beast in my head. But they should be the Entei/Raikou/roaming monsters of the Naruto world. It'll drive everyone nuts going into tall grass and then hearing that random battle music and a Tailed Beast just appears.

On another random note, I wonder if Samui will ever be freed from that gourd? I still haven't forgotten about her.

Lorde
30th September 2014, 1:49 AM
On another random note, I wonder if Samui will ever be freed from that gourd? I still haven't forgotten about her.

Are she and Atsui even in the gourd anymore? I thought the Gedo Mazo absorbed the gourd's contents a while back.

Platinum fan.
30th September 2014, 1:52 AM
Are she and Atsui even in the gourd anymore? I thought the Gedo Mazo absorbed the gourd's contents a while back.

If it did I just assumed it took the Tailed Beast power inside. Why would it want Samui...and that other guy Atsui. I don't know why I should even concern myself with these d-list characters.

TsukiMirage
30th September 2014, 11:30 PM
First off all let me just say that Sasuke putting Kakashi and Sakura in Genjutsu to cover himself just makes him Danzo. I've been saying all along Sasuke would be a Danzo style Hokage or worse and I guess you agree with me on that now. Placing them in a genjutsu would be to preserve the peace, which is a perfectly valid thing to do. That would be nothing like Danzo, who's prefer method was murdering people who didn't even know anything. We have already seen that it's reasonable for a Hokage to hide the truth to preserve the peace with Sarutobi: he hid what Orochimaru had been doing, the truth around the Kyuubi incident and the truth around the massacre. All leaders keep secrets. Just because Sasuke has the ability to do so easier doesn't make him bad.

The Naruto stuff. How is Naruto selfish? Everything he's done in part 2 was for the sake of someone else. How did he disobey Jiraiya? Give me a example. He took a beating from Karui to protect Sasuke, but he also took it be responsible for their hatred. He never lied to her he just said he couldn't sell him out. Naruto almost killed Sakura? When? Do you mean when he raged out and smacked her with his tail during the Orochimaru fight? Sakura's life was not in danger there. It's not like he tried to Chidori her right in the face in cold blood. Naruto's not perfect. I'm not saying he is, but he's twice the man Sasuke Uchiha will ever be. Naruto swallowed his pride and didn't kill Nagato, a man who killed a father figure to him. Compare that to Sasuke killing Danzo in cold blood and sacrificing Karin to do it. Just to exact his revenge and make himself feel better. At best, his actions could be claimed for Sakura, but Naruto has made it clear several times throughout Part Two that HE wanted Sasuke to come back. But if that's you reasoning, then it should count for Sasuke too, since all of his actions have been for his clan and Itachi. And even though everyone else wanted Naruto to stay in the village where it was safe and he couldn't be grabbed by Akatsuki, he refused. His disobeyed Jiraiya in using the Kyuubi cloak. Not only did he go back on his words to Karui, but his "protection" could have led to war and endangered the whole village. Exactly what is selfless about linking the entire village's to a criminal's actions? And he did lie to her, the whole reason she went with him was because he specifically told her he would tell her everything about Sasuke. Then he didn't. That's lying.

Naruto used an ability that he knew was incredibility dangerous to those around him. Sakura's life was in danger, saved only because Yamato stopped Naruto from continuing. And it wasn't a tail swipe, it was done by his claws, as seen with her arm. Naruto didn't "swallow" his pride, he simply changed his mind after going through the Paths, which I would remind you he didn't know were dead puppets until after he had already "killed" several. Why compare that with Danzo, who was by no means an innocent or misguided person? Why not compare that to how Sasuke, of his own free will, decided to drop his desire for revenge against the innocent citizens of Konoha? Recall, he wasn't made to do this. Itachi told him that he would love Sasuke no matter what, and Hashirama felt that Sasuke should make his own decision about whether to go against Konoha or protect it.

And lastly The Gokages have been supporting their troops and encouraging them all throughout the war. Gaara's speech to the troops to get them to work together started us off. And all through out the series we've had squad leaders encouraging their teams. Kakashi and Shikamaru are the first to come to mind, and it's probably why Konoha hold Kakashi in such high regards besides his skills. Sasuke just talks down to anyone he doesn't find useful and sacrifices anyone. He would have killed Karin is Sakura hadn't come. And no Sasuke doesn't have to return Sakura's feelings but he doesn't have to treat her like trash either. So when you said encourage, you meant in the context of getting everyone to work "better"? If that's the case, then Sasuke has been encouraging. All throughout this arc he has pushed for teamwork. I though you had been talking about it in the context of getting people to feel god about themselves, which hasn't really been done. I mean, Kakashi insulted his students all the time, but only once do I recall him speaking nice to them, back in the Wave Arc when they were fighting Haku.

The only people Sasuke has ever "talked down" to were Naruto and Sakura, and that was because he had good reason to do so. Both their skills in the beginning were pathetic, and the moment Naruto began to grow more skillful, Sasuke did begin to acknowledge him. Since then, Sasuke has only talked down to him in the personal sense. Sasuke doesn't do that to anyone else. And only once did he ever sacrifice someone, and the very next time he saw her, he apologized for it.

Treat her like trash? So protecting her, catching her from falling, warning her to get out of the way, and putting her to sleep to keep her from getting involved in a dangerous fight is bad? Telling someone they annoy you is not treating a person like trash.

And Sasuke doesn't love the village. If Itachi told him to kill Konoha he'd do it without a second thought. You're right he loves Itachi and Uchiha. He is not loyal to Konoha itself though. But he is, because Itachi was, which is the point. Itachi was loyal and loved the village, so Sasuke has taken that all upon himself. That's why he got involved in the war, even though there was no other reason for him to get involved. If all Sasuke cared about was the dead, then he probably would have taken Madara up on his offer. Heck, he wouldn't care about freeing all the enslaved people currently. There is nothing making him work for them, he's choosing to do that on his own free will.

I don't think the Bijuu are a problem, at least not on their own. Naruto's practically their best friend, so he can always watch over them although frankly, the Bijuu should be competent enough to not be captured again. At best, Naruto would only be able to watch over them for a few decades before he dies, and that's if he doesn't have greater duties to concern himself with like leading a village. And competence really doesn't matter when there are a dozen or so ways to catch them.

Joltik-Kid
1st October 2014, 10:05 PM
Using Naruto's faults to justify Sasuke's actions... just wow

Kazuki Mirai
2nd October 2014, 5:10 AM
Are you... trying to play a Devil's Advocate or something? Cause no one can be that serious trying to justify Sasuke's actions like this.

Look, Naruto isn't exactly the smart type. Neither is Sasuke. At this point, he's just a kid who thinks he can do better than past leaders. Heck, he doesn't even have the disposition to work with others. In fact everyone in the war were following Naruto in their strategies against Obito. Being a leader doesn't mean you can do everything by yourself ya know. I mean you need the cooperation of the people you lead. Also, deception AND forcing the change is not the way to go. Results doesn't mean crap if the methods to do so are just inexcusable. With the way he go about it, he'd probably be worse than Danzo and Kaguya.

Sympathy for the Devil can only go so far. Yes, you can sympathize with what he's been through but it does not mean you can say that whatever they're doing is right. Sympathy for villains are constantly misused. Heck, it was attempted on Madara just so people can like him more because he's that image of a cool looking villain that does all this amazing feats. *CoughsSephirothcoughs*

Akashin
2nd October 2014, 5:21 AM
I'm not going to bother responding to everything, because frankly I'm not invested enough in the argument to bother, but I will reply to this part:

At best, Naruto would only be able to watch over them for a few decades before he dies, and that's if he doesn't have greater duties to concern himself with like leading a village. And competence really doesn't matter when there are a dozen or so ways to catch them.

It isn't Naruto's job to watch over them; it's his job to give them a place to meet with one another. Presumably, the Tailed Beasts will (with exceptions like the Eight-Tails, who seems intent upon bunking with Killer Bee again, and Kurama for obvious reasons) be responsible for themselves. Couple that with the fact that the Kages are most likely on the same page of not wanting to weaponize the Tailed Beasts anymore, and I'd say it's not a prevalent enough issue to warrant exterminating them entirely.

And why does it matter how long Naruto will be around for? One of the carrying themes of the story has been passing the torch to the next generation; one would assume that Naruto would arrange for somebody to take his place (in at least some capacity; I can't see him stuffing parts of every Tailed Beasts' Chakra into somebody new) before it reaches that point.

-Raiga-
2nd October 2014, 6:18 AM
And why does it matter how long Naruto will be around for? One of the carrying themes of the story has been passing the torch to the next generation; one would assume that Naruto would arrange for somebody to take his place (in at least some capacity; I can't see him stuffing parts of every Tailed Beasts' Chakra into somebody new) before it reaches that point.

Kishimoto seemed to be grooming Konahomaru for that spot quite well, or at least up until the pain arc at any rate, he was always one step right behind naruto. And he's a logical successor given his relation to Hiruzen. I don't remember the last time we seen him though, I think he might've shown up in the war somewhere?

JD
2nd October 2014, 12:35 PM
Just shut up and fight already

Akashin
2nd October 2014, 12:55 PM
Kishimoto seemed to be grooming Konahomaru for that spot quite well, or at least up until the pain arc at any rate, he was always one step right behind naruto. And he's a logical successor given his relation to Hiruzen. I don't remember the last time we seen him though, I think he might've shown up in the war somewhere?

I was thinking a would-be son or daughter for the Uzumaki bloodline (I honestly can't remember if it was said that the Uzumaki longevity was a necessity to be Kurama's Jinchuriki, or just a consistent trait among all his Jinchuriki), but I'd love to see it be Konohamaru.

XanderCage
2nd October 2014, 1:34 PM
So Sasuke plans on becoming a singular Kage for all nations. It seems like he doesn't want anyone to feel the pain of making tough decisions and that he will shoulder the burden of that himself. He also states that he plans to be the law himself. I can only imagine how well that would go. If his plan were to work, I could see him going crazy from "destroying all the darkness." But enough talking, onto the fight!

Platinum fan.
2nd October 2014, 3:53 PM
The Naruto and Sasuke fight is about to begin. I really don't have much to say about Sasuke's version of Hokage. It will be interesting to see how Naruto changes Sasuke. And so the long awaited clash begins after a long war arc. Who will the plot armor favor more? I guess we'll find out.

Shneak
2nd October 2014, 4:59 PM
Sasuke's plan isn't all together too crazy if you look at the part where he wants to be a martyr so the rest of the world doesn't have to shoulder any burdens. It's ultimately a form of a dictatorship though. He doesn't care who approves of him, he's just going to kill his way to the top.

Mr. Reloaded
2nd October 2014, 5:03 PM
Now I wish that movie wasn't canon even more because Sasuke really should just die.

He's acting like he's some sort of lord and savior, and wishes to liberate everyone's burden. It's kind of annoying really.

But anywho, fight!

Jb
2nd October 2014, 6:26 PM
So Naruto not gonna fight with his cloak or what?

Kazuki Mirai
2nd October 2014, 6:36 PM
How cute. He thinks he's Lelouch Lamperouge.

Pokegirl Fan~
2nd October 2014, 7:23 PM
So Naruto not gonna fight with his cloak or what?

I'm guessing he'll either use it later on into the fight or he's running low on chakra. They did just end a war so I can see both of them being low on chakra.

Lorde
2nd October 2014, 8:21 PM
Another chapter that was mostly wasted on talking. Sasuke's plan wasn't exactly an enigma; I thought he'd want something like what he explained. I hope the fight has no interruptions now that it's starting.

magma grunt edu
2nd October 2014, 10:03 PM
stupid sasuke is stupid. The bad guys are dead now. You have a sh1t ton of power. Why don't you try and unify the ninja world? team up with naruto (and be together with him if that's your thing) and just rule the world (or be the world police). You didn't understand itachi at all. Why didn't itachi told sasuke what he said to naruto? It could have solved a lot of stuff. Let's see how this ends...

Platinum fan.
2nd October 2014, 10:09 PM
Now I wish that movie wasn't canon even more because Sasuke really should just die.

He's acting like he's some sort of lord and savior, and wishes to liberate everyone's burden. It's kind of annoying really.

But anywho, fight!

The movie does kinda spoil the fight. Whether Naruto wins, Sasuke wins, or if it's a tie, we know they both live and make some kind of peace because only Sasuke can release the jutsu and save everyone right?

Joltik-Kid
2nd October 2014, 10:31 PM
The movie does kinda spoil the fight. Whether Naruto wins, Sasuke wins, or if it's a tie, we know they both live and make some kind of peace because only Sasuke can release the jutsu and save everyone right?
Sasuke could become a wanderer though

Lorde
3rd October 2014, 8:35 PM

Hence why I've tried to ignore info about that movie; I don't want to see what characters will look like by the end of the series or know who will still be alive (although Sasuke's fate was predictable imo).

Kamex
6th October 2014, 6:36 AM
Well, I guess it's official now (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-06/naruto-manga-to-end-in-5-weeks/.79600). If I'm not mistaken, the final chapter (which will be released in the November 10th issue of Shonen Jump) will be the 700th.

Lorde
6th October 2014, 6:44 AM
Well, I guess it's official now (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-06/naruto-manga-to-end-in-5-weeks/.79600). If I'm not mistaken, the final chapter (which will be released in the November 10th issue of Shonen Jump) will be the 700th.

I'm screaming. How are we gonna get a proper battle between Naruto and Sasuke in just five chapters? And I don't want the movie to be the official epilogue of the series. :@

Red and Blue
6th October 2014, 7:02 AM
So this means that there will be no part 3? That's a relief

Platinum fan.
6th October 2014, 2:40 PM
I'm screaming. How are we gonna get a proper battle between Naruto and Sasuke in just five chapters? And I don't want the movie to be the official epilogue of the series. :@

Just five chapters? Well so much for Naruto and Sasuke's legendary clash. This will be even shorter then their first battle at the end of part 1. I also don't want the movie to be the official epilogue. I have remained a loyal fan of the Naruto manga, but not it's anime. So for them to force you to watch it to see the end of the series is pretty lame. I have not support the anime in years and the only way I'd support the anime is like if they gave me my Team Minato spinoff wish. If they did that I'd totally watch the anime with a big smile on my face, or at least some Team Minato based episodes. But anyway I don't like how this is being done. The manga should end in manga formant IMO and if they want to make a movie centering around it and expand on it then more power to them, but at least have it in manga format. And only five chapters for the Naruto and Sasuke fight? Must not be a very long fight. Given how short it is I don't care who wins anymore. But we already know both live through this.

Void Ventus
6th October 2014, 5:35 PM
The feeling is surreal. I've been following Naruto for more than half my life so far, and now it's finally ending in less than a month. Well fack.

Lorde
6th October 2014, 7:31 PM
So this means that there will be no part 3? That's a relief

Thank God tbh. The power creep has been unreal thus far and I'd hate to see how much stronger the characters would be in Part 3 if that had happened.

Mr. Reloaded
6th October 2014, 8:37 PM
They are both kinda low on chakra, so I wasn't expecting anything spectacular.
But 5 chapters? 0_0

That's kinda short...

Joltik-Kid
6th October 2014, 8:44 PM
This is either gonna be a huge mess with on;y 5 chapters... or possible one of the greats

Platinum fan.
7th October 2014, 12:42 AM
This is either gonna be a huge mess with on;y 5 chapters... or possible one of the greats

It could just be a straight up fight. No Super Freak powers. No hax abilities, just straight up punches, kicks, and the occasional shinobi weapon. Still just five chapters? I wanted to see Naruto beat up Sasuke for at least eight straight chapters.

Lorde
7th October 2014, 12:49 AM
They are both kinda low on chakra, so I wasn't expecting anything spectacular.
But 5 chapters? 0_0

That's kinda short...

Well given the occasion, I feel that Kishi will neglect their supposedly low chakra levels and still have them battle it out with their greatest techniques and end things with a bang.

Mr. Reloaded
14th October 2014, 12:50 PM
Well sh*t if the villain of the movie is the moon, why don't we call Piccolo to deal with it?

Lorde
14th October 2014, 8:52 PM
I may have missed something, but did we ever find out why Obito was controlling Yagura? I feel like he was getting back at Kirigakure for kidnapping Rin, but I’m not sure if his intentions were actually revealed; I may have forgotten.

Platinum fan.
15th October 2014, 2:27 AM
I may have missed something, but did we ever find out why Obito was controlling Yagura? I feel like he was getting back at Kirigakure for kidnapping Rin, but I’m not sure if his intentions were actually revealed; I may have forgotten.

Wasn't Yagura the fourth Mizukage and held a Tailed Beast? Controlling him is like getting two magic stones for the price of one. A Kage and a tailed beast. I'm not sure why. It could be to keep getting info on the shinobi world through him or something. I'm Sure Obito hates Kirigakure for touching his existence for living. If they didn't learn there lessons by now then oh no.

lolipiece
16th October 2014, 12:38 PM
Wow, this battle is dreadfully boring.

Hopefully it ends next time so we'll have two chapters for the epilogue.

...I miss Kaguya.

JD
16th October 2014, 12:54 PM
Did Sasuke forget all about elemental disadvantages?

Nodame
16th October 2014, 1:06 PM
*sigh* At least Sakura appeared in flashback form, cause this fight is putting me to sleep. Sure they show cool abilities, but there's no suspense, just the same old NaruSasu exchange since part 1.

Jb
16th October 2014, 2:33 PM
Sasuke "on the same level as the old man?" Pfft, I don't even know wuts going on anymore, this power creep is stupid, where's even getting his chakra from. i hope this ends next chapter

XanderCage
16th October 2014, 2:50 PM
What happened to Naruto's Kyuubi mode? It looks like the right half of his face has been shredded off. Is that supposed to show that he only has half of Kurama's chakra, because if that's the case he didn't have the problem during the war when he had the other half. I'm quite confused. Also, so Sasuke just turned his Susano'o into the Gedo Statue because reasons...

It sounds like Sasuke plans on becoming an outside evil that will unite the ninja world. It can be a plausible scenario and why he is still alive in the movie. After this battle, Sasuke escapes again and works from the shadows like he says. As a result and because of his crazy power he causes chaos every once in a while to keep the ninja world on its toes. The villages unite in order to ultimately end his crazed actions. I see it as he keeps the bijuu and randomly release them to kill and destroy for a while, allow the villages to stay allied to try and bring him down and then disappear for a while. He is just going to be the ultimate common enemy for all the villages. It's an interesting idea if that happens.

EmphaticPikachu
16th October 2014, 3:12 PM
well at least sasuke's explanation was better then I thought it would be, I'll give kishi props to that

now to see how naruto will stop him...

Or does it possibly end up like the first match?

Mr. Reloaded
16th October 2014, 4:12 PM
It's all flashy, and kinda boring.
Sasuke thinks he's some sort of god, the power levels of these guys are ridiculous and why does the fight feel like padding.

Akashin
16th October 2014, 4:16 PM
well at least sasuke's explanation was better then I thought it would be, I'll give kishi props to that

now to see how naruto will stop him...

Or does it possibly end up like the first match?

Yeah, I was pretty surprised. What Sasuke intends to do is beyond idiotic, but the logic that lead him there is surprisingly good.

It's all flashy, and kinda boring.
Sasuke thinks he's some sort of god, the power levels of these guys are ridiculous and why does the fight feel like padding.

Their talk is the important part right now (since Naruto is more or less just defending himself while trying to talk Sasuke down), so the fight feeling like padding isn't really surprising.

Shneak
16th October 2014, 5:53 PM
I don't get what's supposed to come out of this fight. We know Naruto doesn't die so Naruto's desire of "having this fight but doing it later" has no climactic value. And since there's barely any time left this fight will clearly fizzle out and won't end the series with a bang. Is there really enough time for Sasuke to change? Then again, he's somehow become the SoSP and can control that amount of power in a handful of chapters.

Akashin
16th October 2014, 8:03 PM
I don't get what's supposed to come out of this fight. We know Naruto doesn't die so Naruto's desire of "having this fight but doing it later" has no climactic value. And since there's barely any time left this fight will clearly fizzle out and won't end the series with a bang. Is there really enough time for Sasuke to change? Then again, he's somehow become the SoSP and can control that amount of power in a handful of chapters.

Depends where Sasuke lies during the movie, I suppose. Obviously this fight will end with Naruto still alive, but all that tells us is that Sasuke fails to or stops trying to kill him.

Lorde
16th October 2014, 8:15 PM
I'm glad that the fight is still going, but the dialogue is becoming really annoying. Anyway, Sasuke's Bijuu chakra Susano'o was actually pretty cool; too bad that Naruto's Kyuubi form isn't as impressive. :x

Platinum fan.
16th October 2014, 9:02 PM
The fight's not totally bad. I kinda like how Naruto just said what I said about the world being united already and Sasuke arguing the point. It's almost like Kishi reads my debates. Anyway, Sasuke's plan overall just puts him in the Nagato category with a little Madara sprinkled on him. Ironically Sasuke looked like Madara when he used that new jutsu. So Sasuke's the most powerful ninja in the world, blah, blah, blah. That just puts Naruto in the underdog category, which is what Kishi wanted anyway. There's no suspense since we know Naruto and Sasuke both live. I can see two possible ways this fight ending. I wonder if either of those two will happen. I find it funny that Sasuke wants to eliminate Bijuus when clearly his Uchiha powers are the biggest threat to the world. I almost want to yell "Hypocrite!"

Emperor Empoleon
16th October 2014, 9:30 PM
Y'know Hashirama gave Madara a-lot of chances, more than a normal person, but he still knew when to draw a line once he became a threat to his people. Naruto is still struggling with this issue even while watching Sasuke become a bigger and bigger threat right in front of him. All over some childhood attachment. It comes off as incredibly dumb.

There's not even any suspense on the matter, because we know from the movie that he's going to live and probably come back.

p96822
16th October 2014, 10:04 PM
Jugo's rage burst happen like two times and they were boring. It felt like a very poorly done Gaara when he's in bloodlust mode to kill someone. Jugo is just a boring sheep of a character with no personality. With Karin being a Uzumaki, they could have had her be the one to expand on the Uzumaki background. Actually make a reason why they made Karin a Uzumaki. And instead of giving Naruto sensing powers through powerups, maybe they could have had Karin try and teach Naruto some Uzumaki chakra sensing abilities, since she can do it without Kyuubi. They certainly made sure Karin took note on how Naruto's chakra was different then Sasuke's. Have Karin play a role in Naruto vs Sasuke. There were things Karin could have done instead of crawling back to Sasuke, basically saying she'll be in a abusive relationship. Karin is a waste of a character that should have amounted to something. Now she's just there and I cringe everytime I see her cry over the man that almost killed her without a second thought. It's disgusting.

He can sense Chakra in Sage mode

Lorde
16th October 2014, 11:05 PM
I find it funny that Sasuke wants to eliminate Bijuus when clearly his Uchiha powers are the biggest threat to the world. I almost want to yell "Hypocrite!"

Plus he used the Bijuu's powers to strengthen his Susano'o as well despite how much he supposedly hates them, which makes him an even bigger hypocrite imho.

Kazuki Mirai
17th October 2014, 12:31 AM
Oh my god, I have a feeling of how this is gonna end. Okay, after this stupid energy bull is done. They go with the classic Rasengan vs. Chidori clash... And then not show the conclusion of the fight in a manner of "You decide who's the winner!" That'd be the biggest troll move ever.

Jb
17th October 2014, 12:34 AM
i bet naruto is gonna end up scratching sauce's forehead while S's attack misses, sauce then realizes that he can't win, or that they're equals and should find a path to peace together

EmphaticPikachu
17th October 2014, 1:31 AM
Y'know Hashirama gave Madara a-lot of chances, more than a normal person, but he still knew when to draw a line once he became a threat to his people. Naruto is still struggling with this issue even while watching Sasuke become a bigger and bigger threat right in front of him. All over some childhood attachment. It comes off as incredibly dumb.

honestly and truthfully, I feel as though he was more deluded for trusting him beforehand, wanting him back when he was willing to kill those who were with him for no other reason then just not caring and being crazy.

but now, if anything, sasuke's been better (read: more for good and justice) then he's been in YEARS right now, even if he's still crazy. At least he has semi noble logic. If he trusted him before through all that ****, he'll trust him and still want him back now.

Platinum fan.
17th October 2014, 2:28 AM
Plus he used the Bijuu's powers to strengthen his Susano'o as well despite how much he supposedly hates them, which makes him an even bigger hypocrite imho.

It's kinda disappointing in a way. Sasuke is basically the misguided villain who believes what he's doing is right. I think I still would have taken killer Sasuke out to kill Konoha, like Kishi was building him up for. He's still a good final villain, but this combined with the movie spoiling they both live, takes the wind out of this sail for me. Oh well. I won't cry over it anymore. I just fear the manga ending will be rushed.

Kamex
17th October 2014, 2:29 AM
I thought Sasuke's point about Naruto's clones symbolizing his loneliness was interesting and never brought up before. Kinda brought things back to the heart of the story for me.

With all these ideologies about how to truly bring peace to the world, I can't help but wonder what Naruto will bring to the table. I'm pretty sure some sort of partnership will be the result, but I doubt it'll be as satisfying as I would like.

Platinum fan.
17th October 2014, 2:39 AM
I thought Sasuke's point about Naruto's clones symbolizing his loneliness was interesting and never brought up before. Kinda brought things back to the heart of the story for me.

With all these ideologies about how to truly bring peace to the world, I can't help but wonder what Naruto will bring to the table. I'm pretty sure some sort of partnership will be the result, but I doubt it'll be as satisfying as I would like.

That line would have made more sense if Naruto had mastered the shadow clones before he had Iruka in his life. He wasn't fully alone then, because he had Iruka looking out for him as his sensei. Now if Naruto had the Shadow Clones down before he had Iruka, it would have made more sense.

Kamex
17th October 2014, 3:19 AM
That line would have made more sense if Naruto had mastered the shadow clones before he had Iruka in his life. He wasn't fully alone then, because he had Iruka looking out for him as his sensei. Now if Naruto had the Shadow Clones down before he had Iruka, it would have made more sense.
Yeah and it did kind of come out of nowhere, but it was just nice to see something new yet relevant to Naruto's journey said other than all the typical Naruto/Sasuke quotes about each other.

Kazuki Mirai
17th October 2014, 5:59 AM
It probably would've made sense if he had said it at Part 1 or at the beginning of Part 2. Otherwise Sasuke is just trash talking like he's the top dog.

Lorde
17th October 2014, 6:44 AM
Oh my god, I have a feeling of how this is gonna end. Okay, after this stupid energy bull is done. They go with the classic Rasengan vs. Chidori clash... And then not show the conclusion of the fight in a manner of "You decide who's the winner!" That'd be the biggest troll move ever.

I hope that doesn't happen; I want an actual conclusion and for Naruto to wipe that smirk off Sasuke's face once and for all tbh. He's had it coming since Part 1.

Nodame
17th October 2014, 1:22 PM
Sasuke is just so bad at this point, I don't even know what to say. He's riddled with so much inconsistency and hypocrisy that it is truly astounding.

Akashin
17th October 2014, 1:27 PM
Sasuke is just so bad at this point, I don't even know what to say. He's riddled with so much inconsistency and hypocrisy that it is truly astounding.

What inconsistency? He's been rather consistent in his madness lately, I thought.

Lorde
17th October 2014, 7:37 PM
What inconsistency? He's been rather consistent in his madness lately, I thought.

He says one thing and does another, like how he says that the Bijuu are part of the world's problems and yet he's still willing to use their powers for his own sake, among other things.

pwnswitchclik
17th October 2014, 9:45 PM
New Naruto The Last character sketches revealed:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-17/the-last-naruto-the-movie-s-ino-kiba-shino-character-sketches-unveiled/.80034

Gotta say, Ino has a lot of waifu material there.

Mr. Reloaded
17th October 2014, 9:57 PM
New Naruto The Last character sketches revealed:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-17/new-digimon-anime-older-hikari-previewed-in-silhouette/.80032

There's some joke I'm not getting isn't there?

Lorde
17th October 2014, 10:02 PM
There's some joke I'm not getting isn't there?
Or it's just the wrong link.

Wrong link. This one should work: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-17/the-last-naruto-the-movie-s-ino-kiba-shino-character-sketches-unveiled/.80034

Akashin
17th October 2014, 10:12 PM
He says one thing and does another, like how he says that the Bijuu are part of the world's problems and yet he's still willing to use their powers for his own sake, among other things.

I'm not sure I get the issue here. It's blatant hypocrisy, sure (though it isn't like him using the Bijuu is tantamount to claiming he intends to continue using them or anything; they're just a tool he hasn't yet disposed of that he can use to take care of Naruto), but I don't get what is inconsistent about it.

pwnswitchclik
17th October 2014, 11:25 PM
Sorry, guys I accidentally shifted my focus onto the other bit of news for me and convinced myself I had the right link. Sorry.

Shneak
18th October 2014, 5:23 AM
New Naruto The Last character sketches revealed:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-17/the-last-naruto-the-movie-s-ino-kiba-shino-character-sketches-unveiled/.80034

I always forget that shinobi in this manga have long locks and it doesn't affect their fighting at all. I guess it'll work for Ino. I actually hope we see her relevance in The Last. Maybe she can take over for Inoichi in his job?

Kiba looks like a badass and the guy got ripped. Probably my favourite updated character. Shino I'm not too thrilled about but it's because he's Shino. Less creepy is good.

Locormus
18th October 2014, 6:51 PM

Killing Naruto is not for his own sake in his mind.. "In order to create the world of peace, where I can be Hokage, you need to be gone". Hashirama distributing the Bijuu across several villages created an arms race, inequality. Sasuke tapping into the chakra of all Bijuu while he already has them locked up and taken from all others has nothing to do with what he explains as part of the world's problem. If the Bijuu are free, then they are part of the world's problem, because countries and villages will war against each other to get them.

Sasuke is going to force the countries to war against him the entire time, so there's no fault if he uses them. If he is the one using them, then the countries and villages will direct their attention to him, and not towards each other.

That's not hypocritical. Hypocritical would be stating that the Bijuu are problems of this world, and then redistributing them among the countries as he seems fit. But currently he's just using them as a tool to destroy the final obstacle, and will proceed to destroy/dispose the bijuu afterwards.

I always forget that shinobi in this manga have long locks and it doesn't affect their fighting at all. I guess it'll work for Ino. I actually hope we see her relevance in The Last. Maybe she can take over for Inoichi in his job?

Kiba looks like a badass and the guy got ripped. Probably my favourite updated character. Shino I'm not too thrilled about but it's because he's Shino. Less creepy is good.

For Shino, it's more creepy is good. Wasn't it? He uses icky bugs as a shinobi tool, and he has a symbiotic bond with them. That's inherently creepy. If you take Shino's creepiness away, he just becomes boring.. I agree with you on Kiba though.

I hope we can see Kiba and Tenten have a love child..

Kamex
18th October 2014, 9:30 PM
I thought the trend was that after every time-skip Shino covers more and more of his body in clothing and becomes more mysterious. They should have had him wearing a poncho and mask in the movie.

Lorde
18th October 2014, 9:37 PM
I don't care much for Ino's adult design, but Kiba looks pretty cool and I'm neutral about Shino. I hope that they appear like this in the last chapter of the manga to really tie the manga and movie together properly.

Absolushun
19th October 2014, 5:12 PM
I don't get what Sasuke is trying to achieve. I mean first he helps Naruto then he is back again with getting power and going against Naruto.

Platinum fan.
20th October 2014, 2:07 AM
Adult Ino looks okay. Not much change. Kiba and Shino look fine too. Nothing really to write home about. None of the characters really look drastically different, but it's cool to see the Konoha 11 as the new adults of Konoha. Hopefully they're all Jonin now, including Naruto. Well Naruto should be like his own category. I can't believe Kishi kept him a Genin. Yeah, I know those ranks don't mean squat anymore, but come on. Where's the respect? Poor Naruto. He's better then everyone in Konoha and is still a Genin. Ah well.

Kinda random, but I was hoping to see Naruto summon Gamakichi one more time before the series ends. Naruto summoning giant Gamakichi was one of the coolest parts of the war, and the war did not have many cool parts.

Kamex
20th October 2014, 2:15 AM
I don't get what Sasuke is trying to achieve. I mean first he helps Naruto then he is back again with getting power and going against Naruto.
He only helped Naruto because they had common enemies (Obito, Madara and Kaguya). After they were defeated he made it clear that Naruto was the final obstacle in his way. It was even foreshadowed earlier that he had some kind of plan regarding becoming Hokage, not to mention Orochimaru and Juugo were curious/suspicious of Sasuke's ultimate intentions.

On a different note, I don't know how I feel about the design decision to give Sasuke a Sharingan in his right eye and a Rinnegan in his left. It's just so similar to Obito's final look. I know Sasuke's eyes are technically a little different, but still. And it looks like he'll continue to have them this way in the movie as well... maybe should've just given Obito a third eye for a Rinnegan since he had an eye hole on the forehead of his mask anyway lol.

Nodame
20th October 2014, 4:40 PM
I adore Ino's new design, she looks stunning tbh. Her and Sakura look the best imo. I can't wait to see my babies animated <3

dewey911p
22nd October 2014, 7:33 PM
With only 4 chapters left I sure hope Tenten makes it in time with those awesome ninja weapons to be of use to seal away Madara. Can't wait for her to finally get a huge moment and not get left out again!

... oh, wait.

Jb
23rd October 2014, 3:12 AM
are we getting a chapter this week?

Emperor Empoleon
23rd October 2014, 4:07 AM
Thursday, yes.

After tomorrow, only 2 chapters left. I still can't believe it.

TsukiMirage
23rd October 2014, 6:01 AM
Rewriting a post I already wrote ;;

Using Naruto's faults to justify Sasuke's actions... just wow ... I mentioned two times before how I thought that Sasuke was being extreme in his actions (concerning the Gokages). The only reason I brought up Naruto's faults were because the discussion was about the better choice of Hokage, and his faults directly impact that.

Are you... trying to play a Devil's Advocate or something? Cause no one can be that serious trying to justify Sasuke's actions like this. Read previous comment.

Look, Naruto isn't exactly the smart type. Neither is Sasuke. At this point, he's just a kid who thinks he can do better than past leaders. Heck, he doesn't even have the disposition to work with others. In fact everyone in the war were following Naruto in their strategies against Obito. Being a leader doesn't mean you can do everything by yourself ya know. I mean you need the cooperation of the people you lead. Also, deception AND forcing the change is not the way to go. Results doesn't mean crap if the methods to do so are just inexcusable. With the way he go about it, he'd probably be worse than Danzo and Kaguya. First off, he believes he can do better because he has seen and questioned those leaders personally over their past command and mistakes. There's no reason he shouldn't think he could do better given that he KNOWS where they went wrong. Secondly, Sasuke has never had a problem working with others. He was the one pushing for teamwork in the current arc. He has multiple times gathered together a team to achieve his goals. Even in Part One where he was a loner, he always jumped in to support his teammates, even if he didn't much care for them. Third, "everyone was following Naruto" and getting nowhere. In case you forgot, Obito and Madara were winning for the most part until the Edo Hokages showed up, which was specifically thanks to Sasuke. Fourth, that is kind of what Hokage means. We have literally seen it multiple times from the other Hokages. The only Hokage that didn't do everything himself was Sarutobi, who simply allowed Danzo to do all the dirty work for him. But even then, it was the Hokage with the complete and final say in matters. We saw with Tsunade that even if others disagreed, it didn't matter because her word were the law. And fifth, deception and force is likely the way to go. Remember, there have been multiple characters who attempted to bring about peace straight forward and failed. Attempts to bring peace by talking and working together have been tried and it failed every time. So why shouldn't Sasuke, knowing all this, try a different method? Trying a method that has already proven to not work is foolishness. And how would he be anything like Danzo or Kaguya? He's not after power, he has power already.

Sympathy for the Devil can only go so far. Yes, you can sympathize with what he's been through but it does not mean you can say that whatever they're doing is right. Sympathy for villains are constantly misused. Heck, it was attempted on Madara just so people can like him more because he's that image of a cool looking villain that does all this amazing feats. *CoughsSephirothcoughs* Except calling Sasuke a "villain" is hypocritical. Sasuke hasn't done anything that wasn't already done by Itachi - join Akatsuki, working with Orochimaru, work with Obito, attack Konoha ninjas, attack Jinchuurikis, etc. The only thing Sasuke hasn't done is commit a massacre. Not only that, but when people like Nagato and Obito (both of who have far larger body counts then Sasuke, including children) are considered heroic in-series, the word villain is meaningless.

It isn't Naruto's job to watch over them; it's his job to give them a place to meet with one another. Presumably, the Tailed Beasts will (with exceptions like the Eight-Tails, who seems intent upon bunking with Killer Bee again, and Kurama for obvious reasons) be responsible for themselves. Couple that with the fact that the Kages are most likely on the same page of not wanting to weaponize the Tailed Beasts anymore, and I'd say it's not a prevalent enough issue to warrant exterminating them entirely.

And why does it matter how long Naruto will be around for? One of the carrying themes of the story has been passing the torch to the next generation; one would assume that Naruto would arrange for somebody to take his place (in at least some capacity; I can't see him stuffing parts of every Tailed Beasts' Chakra into somebody new) before it reaches that point. Why would the Gokages be on that page? The recent war did nothing to solve the overall issues of the ninja system, which outright requires conflict and war for it to merely exist. And without Naruto, there's no way that the Bijuus would be capable of avoiding being caught again. We know that there are multiple different ways to capture them, all of which the various villages know.

It matters because the series has gone out of it's way to imply that only Naruto would be capable of bring the peace, thus the reason why everyone else who attempted it failed. It was literally fated. So someone else being capable of it would fly in the face of that.

Emperor Empoleon
23rd October 2014, 11:14 AM
Well, well, well...

https://www.facebook.com/naruto.movie.project/photos/pcb.742122889200772/742122712534123/?type=1&theater

So now we have Hinata's new look. And it looks like her and Naruto will have themselves a moment...I hear this will be the cover of the movie OST.

Jb
23rd October 2014, 12:34 PM
ok that short hair naruto doesnt look as good as i though it did

XanderCage
23rd October 2014, 1:27 PM
So it looks like we're going to get a homage to Hashirama and Madara's last fight. That's going to be a shadow clone and the real Naruto is going to appear behind Sasuke with a kunai to his back. Instead of stabbing him, Naruto will just start beating the crap out of him until he gets knocked to his senses.

Platinum fan.
23rd October 2014, 2:49 PM
Well lucky for Sasuke, Naruto wasn't in Sage Mode at the very end there or he'd be stoned right now. Anyway this is the fight part 1 should have been. Naruto and Sasuke just taking pages of pages beating the living chakra out of each other. That page of them all bloody and punching each other was wonderful. It almost makes up for this lame Kaguya fight...no not really. Is there really only two chapters left? That sucks. At least I finally got to see Naruto beat smug off Sasuke. How will it end? How will Naruto survive Sasuke's final backstabbing Chibori? A Shadow Clone perhaps? Maybe Sakura gets there in time and goes Slug Sage Mode and spits acid in Sasuke's face. That would be pretty cool actual. Overall a chapter of a brawl I waited all part 1 to see.

XanderCage
23rd October 2014, 2:55 PM
This would never happen, but what if Naruto used FTG to appear behind Sasuke. He could have learned it while be connected to Minato's chakra during the war. He also has the half of Kurama that was sealed inside Minato. Perhaps he memorized the chakra control for the technique during the war and just has enough chakra to teleport behind Sasuke. That would be cool, but will never happen.

JD
23rd October 2014, 3:22 PM
Huh today's chapter was actually pretty cool it was nice to see Naruto and Sasuke fighting hand to hand like that, the whole thing was so gritty.

Mr. Reloaded
23rd October 2014, 3:33 PM
Less talk more fight, exactly how it should be!
2 chapters left oh Lordy the end is near. ;_;

EmphaticPikachu
23rd October 2014, 3:34 PM
Why would the Gokages be on that page? The recent war did nothing to solve the overall issues of the ninja system, which outright requires conflict and war for it to merely exist. And without Naruto, there's no way that the Bijuus would be capable of avoiding being caught again. We know that there are multiple different ways to capture them, all of which the various villages know.

It matters because the series has gone out of it's way to imply that only Naruto would be capable of bring the peace, thus the reason why everyone else who attempted it failed. It was literally fated. So someone else being capable of it would fly in the face of that.
Having constant conflict is not the only way the ninja system can live; its just what sasuke sees as the best way to fix the issues. A somewhat fair view point, but in all honesty, it stagnates the development of a nation and uses way to much fear on its citizens. I guess if you're that cynical you could argue its the only way, but this war has pretty much turned the ninja world on its head zzz. I'm sure that with the recent happenings (aka the war that almost wiped them all out), the gokages will be willing to implement policies for peace that will stick over time, even after they're dead.

And Naruto will bring peace, not that it'll outright loose it once he's gone. I dont know how you got the implication it isn't possible after he dies, he just has to do his job.

Once Naruto has brought peace I'm sure other people can continue it.

Obi
23rd October 2014, 3:57 PM
inb4narutousesthefirstjutsuhemasteredtowin

Red and Blue
23rd October 2014, 5:49 PM
Well, well, well...

https://www.facebook.com/naruto.movie.project/photos/pcb.742122889200772/742122712534123/?type=1&theater

So now we have Hinata's new look. And it looks like her and Naruto will have themselves a moment...I hear this will be the cover of the movie OST.

Are you sure that's legit? It could be fake.

Anyway, pretty good chapter this week. I wonder if that's the real Naruto or a clone?

Kazuki Mirai
23rd October 2014, 6:11 PM
Well Naruto has Konohamaru set up as his possible successor, doesn't he? I just realized. The whole Hokage succession is a monarchy when you think about it... Welp.

Also, he's gonna block that Chidori and wreck his arm isn't he? Probably why his arm is bandaged in the movie. If that's how it will go, forget Ninjutsu. Good ol' punching!

Jb
23rd October 2014, 6:18 PM
was cool to see little use of supah powahs for once

Joltik-Kid
23rd October 2014, 7:00 PM
Well, well, well...

Reminds me of Road to Ninja Posters... the one's where it indicated Sasuke would likely have a major role and all

Red and Blue
23rd October 2014, 7:11 PM
Reminds me of Road to Ninja Posters... the one's where it indicated Sasuke would likely have a major role and all

Well Sasuke still did appear in the movie, even if he didn't have a large role. The CD cover might imply that Naruhina will be featured, even if it doesn't make up the majority of the film. We could get one or two scenes with Naruto and Hinata having intimate moments, confirming that their relationship is now canon

Lorde
23rd October 2014, 7:42 PM
Well at least this chapter featured a lot of action, even though it felt really rushed in my opinion. It seems like Sasuke still has an advantage, which bugs me. He needs to be on the receiving end of more attacks in my opinion.

Joltik-Kid
23rd October 2014, 7:51 PM
Well Sasuke still did appear in the movie, even if he didn't have a large role. The CD cover might imply that Naruhina will be featured, even if it doesn't make up the majority of the film. We could get one or two scenes with Naruto and Hinata having intimate moments, confirming that their relationship is now canon
About that song...

The theme song for the movie will be Hoshi no Utsuwa (Star Vessel) and is said to have a gentle, yet powerful outlook of the world that conveys friendship and the bonds between people at a medium tempo.
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/10/the-last-naruto-the-movie-soundtrack-cover-shows-hinata-and-naruto-together/

MiloticTwins
23rd October 2014, 7:54 PM
Once Naruto has lost his chance to take his Chunin exams again because he was in training with Jiraya, has he failed his goal to become Hokage?

Lorde
23rd October 2014, 8:09 PM
Once Naruto has lost his chance to take his Chunin exams again because he was in training with Jiraya, has he failed his goal to become Hokage?

No? I don't think it was ever stated that a ninja has to be a Chunin or above in rank to become Hokage.

Shneak
23rd October 2014, 8:31 PM
This chapter redeemed the fight. It just goes to show that we don't need eye hax and bijuudama superpowers to show a brutal fight. This part of it has had the most raw emotion (and the least flashbacks. hmm...)

I'm betting that Sasuke can't go through with killing Naruto. He cares for him too much. Finally calling him a friend kind of seals the deal for me. It would be the only decent reason why Sasuke is still alive in The Last.

Mr. Reloaded
23rd October 2014, 8:55 PM
Well, well, well...

It's better for them to choose a side, rather than leave people hanging.

Even though both shippings are horribly one sided relationships.

Red and Blue
23rd October 2014, 9:00 PM
It's better for them to choose a side, rather than leave people hanging.

Even though both shippings are horribly one sided relationships.

Well, naruhina isn't TOTALLY one sided. It was implied that Naruto may have started to return her feelings after neji's death

Pokegirl Fan~
23rd October 2014, 9:17 PM
tbh I don't expect any shippings to be canon once Naruto ends.
As for the chapter, it was pretty good, it had the action between Naruto and Sasuke that I've been waiting for for a really long time. It's obvious that Sasuke won't be killing Naruto in the beginning of the next chapter, I think either Naruto will find a way to dodge or deflect Sasuke's attack, Sasuke doesn't go through with his attack (which would be the best option imo), or some sort of outside interference happens (again, and I really don't that to happen.)

Kazuki Mirai
23rd October 2014, 9:45 PM
I really hope we don't go through that "stopping the attack at the last moment" BS. We've waited years for Naruto to finally beat Sasuke. It'd be a massive copout. But you know what they say, expect for the worst.

Also Ying Kurama wasn't quite smart for giving Naruto his chakra especially when the Rinnegan grant them all of these sorts of power, including chakra absorption.

LightningMaster95
24th October 2014, 7:21 PM
I really hope we don't go through that "stopping the attack at the last moment" BS. We've waited years for Naruto to finally beat Sasuke. It'd be a massive copout. But you know what they say, expect for the worst.

Also Ying Kurama wasn't quite smart for giving Naruto his chakra especially when the Rinnegan grant them all of these sorts of power, including chakra absorption.
how would ying kurama know that the rinnegan was able to do that???

Lorde
24th October 2014, 8:07 PM
Well, naruhina isn't TOTALLY one sided. It was implied that Naruto may have started to return her feelings after neji's death

We may never know how that'll turn out anyway in my opinion. Right now I'm thinking that the manga may end with no pairings confirmed. That's probably for the best though given shipping drama.

Obi
24th October 2014, 8:12 PM
I still cant see how they end this series on November 10th to tie up all loose ends. NO. WAY.

Lorde
24th October 2014, 8:15 PM
I still cant see how they end this series on November 10th to tie up all loose ends. NO. WAY.

The new movie will serve as an epilogue of sorts for the manga IIRC. It's meant to be canon and all, so we'll see the loose ends tied up there.

Obi
24th October 2014, 8:20 PM
The new movie will serve as an epilogue of sorts for the manga IIRC. It's meant to be canon and all, so we'll see the loose ends tied up there.

The issue with that is now we English speakers have to wait a specific number of days to watch the movie without being spoiled our butt off. But lets forget that for now, and focus on whats happening in the manga. Unless Kishimoto does a 40 page final ending chapter, I dont see how they can end it here because 1. The movie is a time skip, which means we still need to know what happens here 2. Orochimaru is still a factor 3. Naruto=Hokage?? Speaking of which what will the nations and Kages do after said Infinite Tsukuyomi is over?

There are a bunch of other things I could bring up but I thought of those just now

Akashin
25th October 2014, 12:33 AM
The issue with that is now we English speakers have to wait a specific number of days to watch the movie without being spoiled our butt off. But lets forget that for now, and focus on whats happening in the manga. Unless Kishimoto does a 40 page final ending chapter, I dont see how they can end it here because 1. The movie is a time skip, which means we still need to know what happens here 2. Orochimaru is still a factor 3. Naruto=Hokage?? Speaking of which what will the nations and Kages do after said Infinite Tsukuyomi is over?

There are a bunch of other things I could bring up but I thought of those just now

1. Much as some word on what the villages are doing post-war would be nice, anything more than a quick summary (which could fit into the epilogue) can be done by the movie.
2. Which may or may not be a point in the movie. There's no reason that has to be resolved before the movie.
3. I'm pretty sure we know that Naruto isn't Hokage at the start of the movie, so...

LightningMaster95
25th October 2014, 3:39 AM
the fight is going to end next chapter within the first 10 pages than maybe 5 pages of them talking with or without kakashi and sakura and than the ending of the chapter will be them releasing everyone from infinite tsyukomi....well thats how i see it playing out

Platinum fan.
25th October 2014, 4:19 AM
LOL, Orochimaru's still around. I bet Kishi is starting to wonder why he brought Orochimaru back to begin with. There's nothing to be done with him. He's not even in Naruto's league so he can't take over Konoha. And he's not in Sasuke's league either so he can't take his body. The best thing for him to do would be to become Sasuke's lackey like Kabuto once was to him, and if Sasuke takes over the Sound Village or starts his own group, Orochimaru can live there. Because he has no business staying in Konoha, even if he revived the dead Hokages for a short period. He's responsible for several deaths in Konoha including a Hokage. Bringing Orochimaru back was so pointless. That has to be the dumbest move of the war arc.

Shneak
25th October 2014, 6:42 PM
Orochimaru came back so that the Hokages could come back. The Hokages were generally an important part of the final battle. His presence now is pointless and Kishi probably won't even get back to him before the end.

Platinum fan.
25th October 2014, 7:05 PM
Orochimaru came back so that the Hokages could come back. The Hokages were generally an important part of the final battle. His presence now is pointless and Kishi probably won't even get back to him before the end.

They could have just made Kabutomaru do it. He's mastered Edo Tensei a lot better then Orochimaru did. But then we'd have to go through all the crap of them being sealed and junk. It's still all stupid. And I still question the involvement of the dead Hokage. In the end it was still Naruto and Sasuke who save the day. Instead of showing the alliance backup Naruto and Sasuke they have to drag the dead Hokage from the graves like some bad fanfic where suddenly they are more powerful then when they originally were, minus like Hiruzen. This is when the war arc went to it's crappiest.

Lorde
25th October 2014, 8:18 PM
The Hokages were generally an important part of the final battle.

I actually disagree. Most of their fights were off-screen and I felt that aside from Minato and Hashirama, the dead Hokage were completely redundant and should have never been revived.

TsukiMirage
25th October 2014, 9:56 PM
Well lucky for Sasuke, Naruto wasn't in Sage Mode at the very end there or he'd be stoned right now. Not sure that would have been a problem. Remember, Sasuke knows how to employ natural energy too, via the Cursed Seal and his recent power-up. In addition, he has Hashirama's cells.

Having constant conflict is not the only way the ninja system can live; its just what sasuke sees as the best way to fix the issues. A somewhat fair view point, but in all honesty, it stagnates the development of a nation and uses way to much fear on its citizens. I guess if you're that cynical you could argue its the only way, but this war has pretty much turned the ninja world on its head zzz. I'm sure that with the recent happenings (aka the war that almost wiped them all out), the gokages will be willing to implement policies for peace that will stick over time, even after they're dead. It is the only way the current system can live, the series makes this clear. The villages are their nation's military force, paid specifically to be their standing army. In addition to that, the villages get paid for taking missions, the most expensive of those being assassinations and espionage, things that can't/shouldn't exist in a peaceful world. If the villages don't take these missions, they will begin to dwindle: this is exactly what was happening with Suna in Part One. They were losing missions to Konoha and even their own Daimyo was beginning to depend on Konoha for work. They were going bankrupt (only being saved by the Kazekage's ability to make gold) and didn't have the resources to train their own forces, resulting in them having to make the most of the few they had. It was that reason they turnt Gaara into a Jinchuuriki, and it was that reason that they eventually decided to team up with Orochimaru and go to war with Konoha.

The point is, that if there is no longer any war, there is no longer any reason for their to be ninjas or ninja villages. There is no other point to the ninja villages except this - being their nation's military. That is literally what they train their children for from the start, to fight and kill. They don't have any other purpose. The Kages aren't anything more then generals, under the rule of the Daimyos. Even when the villages were at "peace", they were still plotting and working against each other, still building up arms in the case of Kumo and Iwa.

And Naruto will bring peace, not that it'll outright loose it once he's gone. I dont know how you got the implication it isn't possible after he dies, he just has to do his job.

Once Naruto has brought peace I'm sure other people can continue it. For Naruto to bring peace, that would mean the elimination of the ninja system, and that doesn't appear to be what he's working towards. Jiraiya, Minato, and Nagato all pointed out that there can't be peace with the current system, and the Rikudou Sennin explained that ninjutsu was what was causing the problem. You can't have the ninja villages still going around fighting and killing each other and believe that there will be peace.

The thing is, maintaining peace is far harder then ending it. To maintain it, everyone has to work at it, but to end it only requires a single person. It's the whole idea behind the cycle of hatred.

LightningMaster95
25th October 2014, 11:06 PM
I actually disagree. Most of their fights were off-screen and I felt that aside from Minato and Hashirama, the dead Hokage were completely redundant and should have never been revived.

the only thing hashirama did was talk to sasuke(which ended up failing miserably) and give speeches to the alliance...minato and tobirama were the only ones who actually put in any work in stopping both obito and madara

Lorde
25th October 2014, 11:12 PM
the only thing hashirama did was talk to sasuke(which ended up failing miserably) and give speeches to the alliance...

He gave the entire backstory of how he and Madara met and how Konoha was formed; that's more important than Tobirama's Uchiha prejudice or teleportation stunts that Minato showcased better anyway imo.

-Raiga-
26th October 2014, 4:08 AM
I don't think anybody would disagree that the idea to bring the hokages back was bad, but I do agree that hokages were pretty important part of the war. They were a part of almost every war chapter since they were revived, and the Obito fight in particular would have been drastically different without them. Plus the aforementioned hashirama/madara backstory.

Platinum fan.
26th October 2014, 4:16 AM
He gave the entire backstory of how he and Madara met and how Konoha was formed; that's more important than Tobirama's Uchiha prejudice or teleportation stunts that Minato showcased better anyway imo.

That was important to expand on Madara, Hashirama, and Konoha's history. That was okay, even though I complained about the placing of the story telling, but it should have ended there. Having them go to fight with the others just made this feel more like a fanfic then a real Naruto chapter. I am not a fan of characters coming back from the dead in general, only in certain situations do I accept it. Here was not one of them. Again I would have gladly have taken members from the alliance like Sakura, Kakashi, Lee, Shikamaru and the like all being Naruto and Sasuke's backup for the fight, instead of relying on these dead old fossils to save everyone. Well Minato died pretty young, so he's not a fossil. And of course Hashirama, Tobirama, and Minato all got upgrades. Hashirama and Tobirama were nowhere near that powerful when they were Edo Tenseied the first time. And Minato had to turn into a Naruto rip-off just to be relevant in this fight. I love Minato, but the fact that Kishi made him a Naruto clone tells you regular Minato can't hang with the big boys.

Shneak
26th October 2014, 5:40 AM
The Hokages were effective in small instances. Naruto and Sasuke handled most of it but they wouldn't have survived without the FTG technique and the barriers.

EmphaticPikachu
26th October 2014, 7:22 PM
For Naruto to bring peace, that would mean the elimination of the ninja system, and that doesn't appear to be what he's working towards. Jiraiya, Minato, and Nagato all pointed out that there can't be peace with the current system, and the Rikudou Sennin explained that ninjutsu was what was causing the problem. You can't have the ninja villages still going around fighting and killing each other and believe that there will be peace.

The thing is, maintaining peace is far harder then ending it. To maintain it, everyone has to work at it, but to end it only requires a single person. It's the whole idea behind the cycle of hatred.

you're going to have to define the "ninja" system for me, cause thats waaaaay to broad. The whole thing is broke? You can't salvage anything or change specific details along with a renewed spirit? zzz

And presuming Sasuke is going to be the darkness and use scare and kill tatics, that doesn't change much at all. zzz He would be doing the killing instead of people, assuming his plan even worked. (though I'm speculating on sasuke's specific actions, you aren't doing much different for naruto. You cant say for sure how he's going to go about it.)

I thought it was cycle of revenge? Well regardless, revenge can still be there, the people just need to learn to look the other way when its detrimental to keeping general peace, that's really it.

Kamex
26th October 2014, 11:31 PM
I am not a fan of characters coming back from the dead in general, only in certain situations do I accept it.
I'm not a fan of that either. In which type of situations do you accept it?

And Minato had to turn into a Naruto rip-off just to be relevant in this fight. I love Minato, but the fact that Kishi made him a Naruto clone tells you regular Minato can't hang with the big boys.
That was a pretty big problem for me. Not just the fact that it makes Minato kind of lame and not live up to his legend in my opinion, but more importantly because it takes away one of the things that made Naruto unique. In fact, I don't really like the fact that so many characters just kind of borrow techniques and personalities and lives from their parents and teachers, not to mention the whole Kage nepotism thing going on. I like that there are recurring themes throughout the generations, but I feel that Kishimoto takes it way too far.

Lorde
26th October 2014, 11:34 PM
And Minato had to turn into a Naruto rip-off just to be relevant in this fight. I love Minato, but the fact that Kishi made him a Naruto clone tells you regular Minato can't hang with the big boys.

To be fair though, Kishi lost pretty much all his creativity for making each character's jutsu unique in the last phase of the war arc, so Minato wasn't the only one who became reductive in terms of jutsu usage and variation. :x

Jb
27th October 2014, 12:04 AM
I say the last creative character was Pain.

I mean, after that, it was all downhill. Especally with all the eye swapping and hax.

Platinum fan.
28th October 2014, 4:46 AM
I'm not a fan of that either. In which type of situations do you accept it?

That was a pretty big problem for me. Not just the fact that it makes Minato kind of lame and not live up to his legend in my opinion, but more importantly because it takes away one of the things that made Naruto unique. In fact, I don't really like the fact that so many characters just kind of borrow techniques and personalities and lives from their parents and teachers, not to mention the whole Kage nepotism thing going on. I like that there are recurring themes throughout the generations, but I feel that Kishimoto takes it way too far.

In which situations do I accept characters back from the dead? When the character shouldn't have died in the first place and they do it for pointless drama. That's stupid. Basically a lot of Marvel and DC comic deaths. They always kill off characters that don't need to die and still have a story to tell and the characters that might as well be killed off still linger on. It frustrates me. If you want a actual name, there's Stephanie Brown.

Anyway back to Minato, I found his powerup a clear message that regular Minato wouldn't cut it in this fight. To be fair it's true. What could Minato have done? Teleport around Trolldara? If Naruto's Rasengans can't stop Madara then Minato's imperfect Rasengans sure as heck wouldn't. Minato was a big deal in part 1 and I see why. Back in part 1, Minato's moveset would have made him a true top shinobi. In part 2, too many broken powers and uber Bijuu and Uchiha crap make certain characters invincible. Especially in the case of the Uchihas. Minato to me is like Kakashi. A master shinobi, one of the best. But that's the problem. He's a master "shinobi" but Naruto, Sasuke, Madara, and Hashirama are like gods in the war. So being a shinobi means nothing in part 2. So in a way the upgrade made sense, but I still dislike it, because it ruins Minato's legacy.

Kamex
28th October 2014, 6:26 AM
Anyway back to Minato, I found his powerup a clear message that regular Minato wouldn't cut it in this fight. To be fair it's true. What could Minato have done? Teleport around Trolldara?
Well, in Minato's defense, I think his Flying Raijin was helpful in the war. He used it defensively and offensively several times. But yeah, it wasn't enough to make him match up with the other top players in the war at all. That was a silly reason to give him Naruto's only completely unique technique though.

Pokegirl Fan~
28th October 2014, 9:16 PM
I really don't think Sasuke's going to go through with his attack in the last chapter, it's just a hunch. I think we'll be getting a few pages worth of flashbacks as he starts his attack, but then after the flashback ends he'll stop right before his hand goes through Naruto, pretty much like in those flashbacks from the past couple of chapters when they were younger at the academy.

Lorde
28th October 2014, 9:26 PM
I really don't think Sasuke's going to go through with his attack in the last chapter, it's just a hunch. I think we'll be getting a few pages worth of flashbacks as he starts his attack, but then after the flashback ends he'll stop right before his hand goes through Naruto, pretty much like in those flashbacks from the past couple of chapters when they were younger at the academy.

I kinda hope that happens to show that Sasuke still has some humanity in him. It may be cliche, but I'd rather see the manga end with Sasuke redeeming himself a bit.

Platinum fan.
28th October 2014, 9:36 PM
It would also show Naruto never truly surpassed Sasuke if the only reason he lives is because Sasuke spares him again. I will be disappointed if Naruto has nothing to stop the Chidori and Sasuke just spares him. It basically means Naruto's entire journey to get strong to face Sasuke was a waste of time because in the end, Sasuke was still greater just like in part 1 and basically Sasuke could kill him whenever he feels like it. But considering this series is ending with such crap, I wouldn't put it past Kishi to do it like that. I don't care anymore. Just give me my Team Minato spinoff.

p96822
28th October 2014, 9:46 PM
It would also show Naruto never truly surpassed Sasuke if the only reason he lives is because Sasuke spares him again. I will be disappointed if Naruto has nothing to stop the Chidori and Sasuke just spares him. It basically means Naruto's entire journey to get strong to face Sasuke was a waste of time because in the end, Sasuke was still greater just like in part 1 and basically Sasuke could kill him whenever he feels like it. But considering this series is ending with such crap, I wouldn't put it past Kishi to do it like that. I don't care anymore. Just give me my Team Minato spinoff.

Hello Sasuke stole Naruto's chara so if Sasuke didn't took his tail beast chara then Naruto would have won. It doesn't make Sasuke stronger only cheep

Platinum fan.
28th October 2014, 9:49 PM
Hello Sasuke stole Naruto's chara so if Sasuke didn't took his tail beast chara then Naruto would have won. It doesn't make Sasuke stronger only cheep

That's not cheap, that's strategy. The strongest don't always win, the smartest do. Sasuke was just using his powers to the best of his advantage and now he has got the upper hand on Naruto. A win's a win. Doesn't matter what you did to obtain it. There's a winner and a loser.

Lorde
28th October 2014, 9:52 PM
That's not cheap, that's strategy. The strongest don't always win, the smartest do. Sasuke was just using his powers to the best of his advantage and now he has got the upper hand on Naruto. A win's a win. Doesn't matter what you did to obtain it. There's a winner and a loser.

If a win is a win regardless, then why would it be controversial if Sasuke stops his attack and Naruto wins by default?

Platinum fan.
28th October 2014, 9:56 PM
If a win is a win regardless, then why would it be controversial if Sasuke stops his attack and Naruto wins by default?

Sasuke stopping his attack doesn't mean he lost. It means he's sparing Naruto. You know, like how in part 1 Sasuke could have killed Naruto but choose to keep him alive. Sasuke still won the fight.

Lorde
28th October 2014, 9:57 PM
Sasuke stopping his attack doesn't mean he lost. It means he's sparing Naruto. You know, like how in part 1 Sasuke could have killed Naruto but choose to keep him alive. Sasuke still won the fight.

But what if Naruto takes advantage of Sasuke's hesitation and counter attacks and wins?

Platinum fan.
28th October 2014, 10:01 PM
But what if Naruto takes advantage of Sasuke's hesitation and counter attacks and wins?

Well then that's different. But you and I both know they'll more then likely go the "Talk No Jutsu" route if Sasuke hesitates. It'll be a win for Naruto, but only because Sasuke's not as cold blooded as Kishi intended him to be.

Nodame
28th October 2014, 11:01 PM
Chapter comes out tomorrow, its an early release.

Lorde
28th October 2014, 11:18 PM
Well then that's different. But you and I both know they'll more then likely go the "Talk No Jutsu" route if Sasuke hesitates. It'll be a win for Naruto, but only because Sasuke's not as cold blooded as Kishi intended him to be.

Idk. I think Sasuke may suffer a real loss before he gets talk no jutsu'd at least, which would be better than him being talk no jutsu'd without Naruto counter attacking first.

Kamex
28th October 2014, 11:36 PM
It's kind of interesting how after failing to appeal to Madara, Hashirama ultimately decided he needed to kill him since he was a big enough threat. The same happened with Kakashi and Obito. Even if Madara and Obito both lived on after that. It seems like Naruto's supposed to be the one to actually succeed in appealing to his Uchiha ex-ally, like he's done with so many characters in the series. But I honestly hope he defeats Sasuke, even if he spares his life. Actually, that would kind of make it like the opposite of their last Valley of the End battle. And if he does it Hashirama-style with a clone (Shadow clone to boot) then it would make sense on many levels.

In other news, more of the plot of the movie was announced (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-28/the-last-naruto-the-movie-to-get-novelization/.80421). I had high hopes for Hanabi but now it seems she's going to be kidnapped in this movie. Why are the Hyuuga's always screwed over? Hinata was always kind of just Naruto's quiet cheerleader, but both Neji and Hanabi seemed poised for greater things in the future. Instead, so-called "jounin" Neji doesn't shine at all in Part II, eventually dying a quick and relatively meaningless death. And Hanabi's absent the entire time, only to become the Mokuba of the series in this movie. LAME!

The only hope the Hyuuga clan has left is if Hamura has some kind of presence or significance in the movie, seeing as Hinata's family seems to be of some importance anyway.

pwnswitchclik
29th October 2014, 12:37 AM
I have a question: are we ever going to see Gamabunta and Gamatatsu again? I mean their last appearances were ages ago.

Lorde
29th October 2014, 12:45 AM
I have a question: are we ever going to see Gamabunta and Gamatatsu again? I mean their last appearances were ages ago.

At least Gamabunta appeared in Part 2 unlike Gamatatsu who never appeared in Part 2 in the manga aside from volume 44's cover, which wasn't really a canon appearance anyway imo. I'd like to see him again, but alas, it's too late now in my view.

Kazuki Mirai
29th October 2014, 5:10 AM
Honestly at least this whole rivalry is better handled than their predecessors. We were led to believe that Hashirama and Madara were equals. Then Kishi start piling a lot of hax on him, like giving him Hashirama's powers and crap. It just went downhill from there.

Sure, Kishi overdone it to make Sasuke look equal to Naruto. Even with Rinnegan hax like chakra absorption, Sasuke doesn't really access the Tailed Beast's special attributes like what Naruto can. He only piled extra chakra to decorate his Susanoo. And despite that, Naruto managed to counter that with a massive ton of nature energy he gathered and they both wrecked themselves to a bloody pulp. I still think Naruto may have a chance here. But whatever happens in the next chapter determines Kishi's skill as a writer. Of course, we know he's still a terrible writer. But still. The suspense is several moments away from ending! ...Wait, isn't the series gonna end on Nov 10? Is there a break somewhere?

Also, what in the bloody fudge happened to Spiral Zetsu?

pwnswitchclik
29th October 2014, 1:40 PM
New chapter is out and my, my, they sure could use a pair of hands to get back up on their feet.(I just had to write this xD). But it's nice to know Sasuke admits his failure to bring Naruto down and expose his goals.

lolipiece
29th October 2014, 1:41 PM
Naruto and Sasuke apparently have the ability to sleep for hours with severed limbs and not die from blood loss.

God, just kiss already.

XanderCage
29th October 2014, 1:42 PM
I was wondering what they were talking about when they said they would bleed to death if they moved. They've blown both their arms off. That's pretty badass. Now we know why Naruto's arm is bandaged in the movie. I'm going to assume that he gets a replacement arm like the half of Obito's body was.

Also, is the Kurama inside Naruto (I can't for the life of me remember if its the Yin or Yang Kurama) dead now? He said he would be going to sleep if Naruto used the rest of his chakra, not sure what to make of that. And another one handed rasengan. I hope that this becomes n a permanent technique change for our hero.

Platinum fan.
29th October 2014, 2:56 PM
Well um... This was insightful on Sasuke's half. Was not expecting Sasuke to view Naruto as he did. I mean I knew at one point he was jealous in part 1, but wow. The final clash between these two was pretty nice with explosions and all. I wonder if Naruto can still regrow body parts. He could really use that ability right now. I just wonder what happens to Sasuke afterwords? The Hokage thing is off the table now, never going to happen, so what's next? The talking parts were not as bad as I thought they were going to be. In a lot of ways it was like Hashirama and Madara, when the villain reflects on their choices after they lose. Overall a better chapter then I thought it would be.

Jb
29th October 2014, 3:06 PM
So is there anyone left that can repair limbs? Kakazu is dead. Zestu is dead. Pain is dead. Wait, wasn't one of the rinnegan abilities able to repair bodies?

7 tyranitars
29th October 2014, 3:40 PM
Soo they lost their hands ;_;

Mr. Reloaded
29th October 2014, 4:03 PM
Soo they lost their hands ;_;

*An arm*

It's looking like they'll be getting replacements.

That fight wasn't so bad, Naruto won finally.

Pokegirl Fan~
29th October 2014, 4:13 PM
It doesn't look like Sakura, Hinata, and Karin will be getting together with Naruto or Sasuke now that NarutoxSasuke is officially canon...
Anyways this was a great chapter, I was wrong about the way the fight would end, but it does seem to have similar results of what I thought was going to happen. I guess there's no doubt that Sasuke is back on the protagonists side now. Also I find it cool that they both lost their arm, I wasn't expecting something like that to happen lol.

Izanagi
29th October 2014, 5:07 PM
Naruto and Sasuke apparently have the ability to sleep for hours with severed limbs and not die from blood loss.

God, just kiss already.

Its one of their ninja powers, didn't you know? xD

Though I already speculated that one of them were going to lost of their arms because the movie and the hints that is may or may not be canon or at least building off of established canon.

JD
29th October 2014, 6:02 PM
I really enjoyed the ending to the fight, I can't wait to see it once it gets animated.

Jeez, I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going to miss this manga once it's gone.

Joltik-Kid
29th October 2014, 6:16 PM
Well um... This was insightful on Sasuke's half. Was not expecting Sasuke to view Naruto as he did. I mean I knew at one point he was jealous in part 1, but wow. The final clash between these two was pretty nice with explosions and all. I wonder if Naruto can still regrow body parts. He could really use that ability right now. I just wonder what happens to Sasuke afterwords? The Hokage thing is off the table now, never going to happen, so what's next? The talking parts were not as bad as I thought they were going to be. In a lot of ways it was like Hashirama and Madara, when the villain reflects on their choices after they lose. Overall a better chapter then I thought it would be.
Sasuke follows in Itachi's footsteps... watching and protecting Konoha from a far

Izanagi
29th October 2014, 6:25 PM
Well, I don't if this hasn't already been said or not but two more chapters left and the last one is supposed to be in an all-color.
I knew they couldn't in end all with just as chapter honestly I don't even two chapters is enough but I'll wait and see.
Go out with bang not a whimper I'll say.

EmphaticPikachu
29th October 2014, 6:53 PM
I dont know if its a good thing but Kishi has been recently very much trying to mirror sasuke and naruto and trying to continuously subvert and play the "I'm your mirror trope" straight.

admittedly, I kind of like it. And i can't pinpoint the reason why I like it, I just do.

Xuxuba
29th October 2014, 7:10 PM
"Hey let's just forget that you tried to murder everyone and let's be friends!"
- Naruto in a nutshell

2 chapters aren't enough, but if the movie is well-done then there's no need for more.

Platinum fan.
29th October 2014, 7:49 PM
So is there anyone left that can repair limbs? Kakazu is dead. Zestu is dead. Pain is dead. Wait, wasn't one of the rinnegan abilities able to repair bodies?

I imagine Sakura can. She's a medic shinobi. I'm sure she's been trained to repair ripped apart limbs. Speaking of Sakura, I guess we'll never see Slug Mode. I wanted to see Sakura spit acid in Slug Mode.

Anyway I never gave my thoughts on the movie plot. Meteors coming to earth and Hanabi Hyuuga being taken captive? Hanabi, a character who was said to be better then Hinata but not quite Neji level. I have no idea why anyone would try and capture her now. Not like Hyuugas are Uchihas, Bijuus, or Hashirama clan members, If this was part 1 it would make sense. No actually it wouldn't since Hanabi's suppose to be tough and Hinata would make a easier target to steal. And who on earth is strong enough to fight Naruto right now besides Sasuke? There cannot be anyone beyond Trolldara so who on this earth can even rival Naruto who's name is not Sasuke. On the upside we might get to see Slug Mode in the movie :)

Red and Blue
29th October 2014, 7:53 PM
I have a feeling that the sage will give them new limbs before he leaves

Speaking of Sakura, I'm curious how she will confront Sasuke assuming that they will meet up in the next chapter?

Lorde
29th October 2014, 8:11 PM
I wanted Naruto to totally beat Sasuke, but Sasuke basically gave him the win. Sigh. I was surprised by Sasuke's inner monologue and by the fact that he and Naruto lost limbs.

Kamex
29th October 2014, 9:18 PM
I was surprised about how Sasuke felt towards Naruto as well. All this time we knew that Naruto, as the main character, looked at Sasuke as the prodigy that he wanted to keep up with. Who knew that Sasuke felt the same way about Naruto (for different reasons I suppose). I guess that, as well as the fact that Naruto kind of beat Sasuke out of sheer willpower and determination (which was one of the main themes of the series anyway), kind of makes up for the fact that he didn't really outsmart him with skill and come out completely on top.

I was under the impression that their final attacks completely disintegrated their arms, rather than severing them. So if they recover, I imagine there will be some sort of new limbs or ninja trickery involved.

Well, I guess Naruto officially won over his biggest project. The story is over! Now I'm just wondering how he wants to change the shinobi system, and who (if anyone) will be Hokage henceforth.

Lorde
29th October 2014, 9:23 PM
Now I'm just waiting for Sakura to arrive and reattach Naruto and Sasuke's arms or something. Also, how many chapters are left now? I've lost count. :p

Pokegirl Fan~
29th October 2014, 9:24 PM
Now I'm just waiting for Sakura to arrive and reattach Naruto and Sasuke's arms or something. Also, how many chapters are left now? I've lost count. :p

I think there's 2 left, not really sure. Apparently according to the site about the movie on this page says it'll end on November 10th.