PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116

Lorde
5th November 2014, 9:04 PM
So will the double chapter be officially released tomorrow then? If so, that would make it the final chapter release of Part 2 overall right?

Mr. Reloaded
5th November 2014, 9:07 PM
Jeez I heard Kakashi and Shizune are getting together at Narutoforums..

There's no one left, so I think Kishi just said f*** it why not ya know?

This is all for that spin-off series in the spring so it won't matter to most fans.

JD
5th November 2014, 9:13 PM
There's no one left, so I think Kishi just said f*** it why not ya know?

This is all for that spin-off series in the spring so it won't matter to most fans.

Yeah that's true it's all kind of weird though..

I wonder if Gaara has a kid? I'd like to see that.

Obi
5th November 2014, 9:14 PM
I wont believe Kakashi and Shizune until theres proof, I would believe Anko and Kakashi however, but Anko ate her way out of that...

Pokegirl Fan~
5th November 2014, 9:16 PM
Lol at all the characters getting together with like no buildup at all, though I don't really care tbh. It does seem that this is only happening for that short series apparently. I'm interested in Sasuke's and Sakura's kid though, she seems interesting and stands out from all the rest to me, plus she seems mischievous and fun imo.

Obi
5th November 2014, 9:19 PM
This is actually pretty similar to the baby boom post WW2, when everyone basically said "YES NO MORE KILLING, ITS BABY MAKING TIME" and they just picked some random person and said "wanna hve babeez?"

Mr. Reloaded
5th November 2014, 9:24 PM
Lol at all the characters getting together with like no buildup at all, though I don't really care tbh. It does seem that this is only happening for that short series apparently. I'm interested in Sasuke's and Sakura's kid though, she seems interesting and stands out from all the rest to me, plus she seems mischievous and fun imo.

Does it really need any buildup? It's the end of the series. And the spin-off is just a last minute cash cow before it's time to move on.

Lorde
5th November 2014, 9:28 PM
I wont believe Kakashi and Shizune until theres proof, I would believe Anko and Kakashi however, but Anko ate her way out of that...

I've always seen Kakashi as a single, loner type, so I doubt he'll end up with anyone tbh. Speaking of which, is he still Hokage in the final chapter?

Pokegirl Fan~
5th November 2014, 9:38 PM
I've always seen Kakashi as a single, loner type, so I doubt he'll end up with anyone tbh. Speaking of which, is he still Hokage in the final chapter?

I'm hoping Naruto is the new hokage, I mean I think he needs to achieve that for proper closure, otherwise his whole dream on becoming hokage would have been pointless imo.

patrickab7
5th November 2014, 9:42 PM
Now that I think about it, I dont have a problem with Choji and Karui because MAYBE JUST MAYBE, its one of those, intertribal marriages that are meant to strengthen the bond btw nations (see Shikamaru and Temari as another)

That was my theory, that it would be symbolic of the harmony between villages. Maybe the remaining notable characters are paired with people from the Mist and Stone?

diakyu
5th November 2014, 9:43 PM
Now, when we say "short" for the mini-series what exactly do we mean? I picture it'll just be about the children's' time at the academy.

Mr. Reloaded
5th November 2014, 9:43 PM
I'm hoping Naruto is the new hokage, I mean I think he needs to achieve that for proper closure, otherwise his whole dream on becoming hokage would have been pointless imo.

The whole point of him becoming Hokage was to become noticed by the village, defeating Pain and saving the village from him accomplished that. After the war he will become acknowledged the whole shinobi world so becoming a Kage is kinda pointless now.

Now, when we say "short" for the mini-series what exactly do we mean?

Rock Lee spin-off length would be my guess.

diakyu
5th November 2014, 9:45 PM
Well it and the Last are part of the "New Era of Naruto", whatever that is.

LOL-
Kabuto is in the chapters evilly smirking.

Shneak
5th November 2014, 10:45 PM
Apparently it was stated that he did bang Karin first and Sakura hooked up afterwards.

I'll laugh if she is Karin's daughter and Sakura is desperate enough to nanny Sasuke's kid.

Emperor Empoleon
6th November 2014, 12:13 AM
Happy for Naruto and Hinata, the kids are adorable. Sai and Ino is pretty nice as well. Chouji and Karui is outta left field, but I ain't mad.

Sasuke/Sakura can rot, I'm sorry...Can't believe she's a housewife to that guy now :/ But whatever. Beyond that, I want to try and be more positive since this is the end of the series.

LexSuicune
6th November 2014, 1:03 AM
Why are you guys mad at Sakura?

She was stomped on, insulted, hit, slapped, choked, stabbed and jumped accross shinobi nations, friendships, family ties and through the edge of the world for more abuse.

He told her how worthless, annoying, naggy and useless she was countless of times and she swallowed every morself of hatred with delight.

You guys should be happy she has a life of more abuse to look forward, get it Sakura.

Agility
6th November 2014, 1:56 AM
B) Oh baby.

Lol. The hate is dumb. It's not like Sasuke treated Naruto, Kakashi, Karin, Taka ANY differently than he did Sakura. Besides, the fact that some of you are crowing about "omgah he's gonna abuse her the rest of her life!" is ridiculous. The main point of Sasuke's character spanning the whole series is the restoration of the Uchiha clan. You could reasonably expect Sasuke to be accepting of Sakura in a romantic way from the panel where he pokes her in the forehead. That's a symbol of Itachi, and everyone knows how much Sassy has come to love his brother, and how much Itachi loved him.

People are capable of changing, and the fact that he outright apologized to her AND gave her a more-or-less promise by poke shows that he's moving forward instead of back.

It's not all that farfetch'd to me. Sure, Sasuke did some terrible things, but I think it's nice that Sakura was capable of putting aside her judgment. Naruto did it, too, so if you're going to be angry at Sakura for it, you should all be whining about Naruto, too.

Red and Blue
6th November 2014, 1:58 AM
I'm still completely baffled at Choji and Karui. Seriously, talk about a random pairing. Why her of all people? Why not some simple Konoha resident? What was Kishimoto smoking?

Void Ventus
6th November 2014, 2:06 AM
The wait for the manga is killing me :(

Lorde
6th November 2014, 2:23 AM
I think Sakura ending up with Sasuke is sad, but I have no problem with Choji and Karui ending up together. It may seem random, but at least one of them didn't try to kill the other.

Platinum fan.
6th November 2014, 2:28 AM
I think Sakura ending up with Sasuke is sad, but I have no problem with Choji and Karui ending up together. It may seem random, but at least one of them didn't try to kill the other.

Those two ended up together? Wow. Never would have guessed. I guess the nations are friendly with each other after all. See, no need for Naruto to become some wandering bum. That can be Sasuke's job.

XanderCage
6th November 2014, 2:31 AM
"This year's 50th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that a new, tentatively titled Naruto manga mini-series will launch next spring. The mini-series will tell "a newly budding Konoha story."

"The mini-series is part of the larger "Naruto Shin Jidai Kaimaku Project" (Naruto's New Era Opening Project) marking the 15th anniversary of the original manga. The logo for the project features apparent silhouettes of the titular ninja character Naruto himself and a child. The franchise's website launched a "Naruto Final Countdown" page which is teasing the start of a "huge" new project on Monday. "

Source (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-05/naruto-manga-mini-series-launches-after-main-series-ends/.80690)

Looks like the Children's Manga is going to be the lead in to a new Naruto New Era Project. Maybe Part 3 isn't out of the picture yet.

Void Ventus
6th November 2014, 2:35 AM
"This year's 50th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that a new, tentatively titled Naruto manga mini-series will launch next spring. The mini-series will tell "a newly budding Konoha story."

"The mini-series is part of the larger "Naruto Shin Jidai Kaimaku Project" (Naruto's New Era Opening Project) marking the 15th anniversary of the original manga. The logo for the project features apparent silhouettes of the titular ninja character Naruto himself and a child. The franchise's website launched a "Naruto Final Countdown" page which is teasing the start of a "huge" new project on Monday. "

Source (http://"http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-05/naruto-manga-mini-series-launches-after-main-series-ends/.80690)

Looks like the Children's Manga is going to be the lead in to a new Naruto New Era Project. Maybe Part 3 isn't out of the picture yet.
That's a blank page. Also, wouldn't mind seeing Naruto GT. Fusion was only introduced after Gohan was born, right? Can't wait for Naruto and Sasuke to do a fusion!

Platinum fan.
6th November 2014, 2:40 AM
That's a blank page. Also, wouldn't mind seeing Naruto GT. Fusion was only introduced after Gohan was born, right? Can't wait for Naruto and Sasuke to do a fusion!

Oh please no. As if this series hasn't fallen into the same trap of that series already.

Mr. Reloaded
6th November 2014, 2:51 AM
Fusions?! Why the f*** not? The main series is over after the movie.
They can tarnish whatever's left and I couldn't give a care in the world.

XanderCage
6th November 2014, 2:56 AM
Fixed the source link.
Source (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-05/naruto-manga-mini-series-launches-after-main-series-ends/.80690)

LizardonX
6th November 2014, 2:58 AM
Wait really?

I thought naruto are sasuke are soulmates

Lorde
6th November 2014, 3:06 AM
I don't see what a supposed Part 3 would accomplish story-wise; wasn't the bad writing and power creep of Part 2 insult enough? I don't think I could handle any more.

lolipiece
6th November 2014, 3:07 AM
Wait really?

Don't' worry! They have their kids.

$500 says Bolt/Himawari and Sarada end up fighting one day. Starting the cycle anew.

Void Ventus
6th November 2014, 3:07 AM
Wait really?

They are. It's like Goku and Vegeta. Only difference is that Vegeta was tsundere, so he tried his darndest to talk his way out of doing a fusion when deep down, he wanted to. With Naruto and Sasuke, since they have a "close" relationship, Sasuke will always be ready for a fusion.

$500 says Bolt/Himawari and Sarada end up fighting one day. Starting the cycle anew.

I'll take you up on your offer, but I have no money so I'll deal with a signature quote. Bolt will marry Sarada.

Platinum fan.
6th November 2014, 3:16 AM

This is more for your picture. Sakura's character development began in 1999?

lolipiece
6th November 2014, 3:24 AM
This is more for your picture. Sakura's character development began in 1999?

Naruto started in 1999.

That's basically it.

Platinum fan.
6th November 2014, 3:27 AM
Naruto started in 1999.

That's basically it.

LOL. I feel very ignorant for not knowing that. And here I thought it started in 2004ish. Silly old Platinum fan.

Void Ventus
6th November 2014, 3:33 AM
LOL. I feel very ignorant for not knowing that. And here I thought it started in 2004ish. Silly old Platinum fan.

Isn't around 2004 when Cartoon Network started airing Naruto? That censored Naruto X Sasuke kissing scene was HIGHlarious.

Lorde
6th November 2014, 3:39 AM
Isn't around 2004 when Cartoon Network started airing Naruto? That censored Naruto X Sasuke kissing scene was HIGHlarious.

That was 2005 actually. 2004 was around the time that Part 1 ended iirc, although I didn't start reading the manga until way later.

Mr. Reloaded
6th November 2014, 3:41 AM

I didn't even know they censored that scene, the more you know I guess.

Void Ventus
6th November 2014, 5:05 AM
That was 2005 actually. 2004 was around the time that Part 1 ended iirc, although I didn't start reading the manga until way later.
Part 1 ended in 2004? Darn, I should have searched up the manga when I was younger. I would have been the cool kid with all my Naruto facts T____T Then what was up with the anime having like 100 episodes worth of filler? To pad out the show for 2 years before Shippuden was ready?

I didn't even know they censored that scene, the more you know I guess.
It was 2 young straight male teenagers accidentally kissing. Of course they were gonna it censor because we all know being gay is wrong /s At least it was never on 4kids. The show would have called ramen spaghetti.

Jb
6th November 2014, 5:19 AM
im pretty sure CN showed the kissing scene. i remember seeing it

lolipiece
6th November 2014, 5:47 AM
Only the first time we saw it was censored.

Cerrik
6th November 2014, 6:51 AM
im pretty sure CN showed the kissing scene. i remember seeing it
They censored it the first time(Around ep. 3), but in ep. 16 it was shown uncensored.

Void Ventus
6th November 2014, 8:44 AM
The wait for the last two chapters translated is so hard :( should I sleep now and hope it will be up by the time I wake up? Or just wait for a few more hours, sleep be damned?

DaDonYordel
6th November 2014, 8:55 AM
Ah, finally the curtain falls and the lights turn dark on the stage of on an "endless" battle shounen. Fifteen years is a good run. Kishimoto has dragged it along a long and lurid mudsoaked path, but at least he is capable of ending it. At least it did not take two decades like Ah My Goddess or is still going and stuck in a damn boat like Berserk. It has been half a decade since I could remember reading a Naruto chapter, but I am very excited for the turn of events this ending is gonna show. I might start reading it again, just this for this chapter, just for this lonesome feeling of a passing time and the end of an age, a monument to an albeit small part of my adolescence.

I'm glad that so and so won the Narutobowl, and hope that their children in this upcoming story would be endearing and bereft of the DARKNESS that has plagued the days of their father. Also, the great deluge of tears of certain individuals, I love it; they fulfill me. We come to it at last, the final shitstorm of Naruto fan's time.

lolipiece
6th November 2014, 11:34 AM
Holy crap. As a tribute to their friendship, the latest OP chapter has Luffy eating ramen with Naruto, who's eating meat.

That's...so nice.

DaDonYordel
6th November 2014, 11:57 AM
Holy crap. As a tribute to their friendship, the latest OP chapter has Luffy eating ramen with Naruto, who's eating meat.

That's...so nice.

Yeah, the two authors are apparently bros.

Boruto/Bolt apparently paints graffiti on one of the heads on the Hokage mountain/hill thing, just like his old man. Hokage Naruto is later seen scolding the kid for doing so. Later, we see that the head that Bolt was painting on was that of Naruto's, who, as I've stated, has now become Hokage. One of the graffiti painted on the head is the Strawhat Pirates logo. So yeah, bros 4 life. Also, not only does Oda call Kishimoto his rival but his friend as well.

Agility
6th November 2014, 12:01 PM
699's out.. and holy crap, right in the feels. o^o It's like when DBZ ended.

The interactions between Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura were great here. I'm glad Sasuke is acting mature, and that panel with him and Sakura made me fangirl pretty hard, not gonna lie (DON'T JUDGE ME). The headband was just.. awesome, too. I can't find anything to hate with this chapter.

DaDonYordel
6th November 2014, 12:33 PM
Ah, now come at last the end of the war. Hail to the glorious dead, and long live to the victorious heroes.

Mr. Reloaded
6th November 2014, 12:47 PM
Sasuke: Sakura, I'm sorry for everything I've done my please carry my children.
Sakura: Oh Sasuke-kun yes I forgive you ya idiot I will will do anything for you!

The beginning of Chapter 699 in a nutshell...

700 is after Naruto the last: Naruto is 7th Hokage.

The end.

diakyu
6th November 2014, 1:40 PM
Got some Legend Of Korra-like vibes on the last page of Ch 700.

DaDonYordel
6th November 2014, 1:43 PM
Just read 700. It's over; this terrible long plowing is over.

-Shino is now Cyclops and is a teacher in the Academy?
-Naruto achieved his dream, and his right hand man is Shikimaru. Shizune is still apparently an assistant to the Hokage or is this just a case of sameface?
-Anko got fat and spirits Chouji's daughter away for some eating spree
-Sai won the InoBowl
-Temari won the ShikimaruBowl of course
-Kiba won someone but I don't know. Also, his dog is old.
-Hinata won the Narutobowl confirmed! Children are Bolt and Himawari
-Like father like son. Bolt vandalizes the Hokage monument and of all people, Konohamaru is the one to scold him
-Sakura applied the Sauce and got the Salad
-The Sauce is still a wandering hobo but cleaner.
-Rock Lee somehow cloned himself
-Those legendary items Tenten collected are still there and are not for sale in her weapon shop
-Kurena's daughter is kawaii as **** and is apparently under Kakashi's tutelage or something
-Kurama is now apparently a village pet and damn city of skyscrapers towers over Konoha
-One Piece reference. Kishimoto confirmed for bro

JD
6th November 2014, 1:46 PM
Wow I can't believe it's all over..I remember watching it for the first time on Cartoon Network time really does fly.

Joltik-Kid
6th November 2014, 1:58 PM
I'm a man of my word so if you wanna call me out on anything for shipping NaruSaku you can... But I just don't know how anyone could accept this ending when it feels like nothing at all was resolved

Akashin
6th November 2014, 2:01 PM
I'm a man of my word so if you wanna call me out on anything for shipping NaruSaku you can... But I just don't know how anyone could accept this ending when it feels like nothing at all was resolved

This, pretty much (except replace NaruSaku shipping with general apathy for all things Hinata). It glossed over a lot of things in favor of a long-winded look-where-they-are-now segment, and it really felt kind of boring. 700 may have been more interesting had I not already seen so much of it through leaks, but I doubt it.

patrickab7
6th November 2014, 2:23 PM
Maybe it was just my translation, but I didn't see any confirmation one way or the other of Naruto/Hinata/Sasuke/Sakura relationships. I saw Hinata with a kid, Sakura with a kid, and Naruto with a kid. Guess he had to save something for the movie...

Mr. Reloaded
6th November 2014, 2:26 PM
I thought it was a fair enough ending, but it lead a lot to be desired. :/

Although it's nice to know all the old Kage are gone and have been replaced with the young. I'm surprised Akamaru's still alive. O_O

Maybe it was just my translation, but I didn't see any confirmation one way or the other of Naruto/Hinata/Sasuke/Sakura relationships. I saw Hinata with a kid, Sakura with a kid, and Naruto with a kid. Guess he had to save something for the movie...

Read chapter 700 again, it confirms everything.

Akashin
6th November 2014, 2:31 PM

Well, you saw Sakura with a kid with black hair and black eyes, and Hinata with a kid with whisker marks. Was it really necessary to spell it all out...?

patrickab7
6th November 2014, 2:39 PM
Yeah, the family resemblances are obviously there, but they danced around spelling it out...again, I imagine the movie will flesh that out.

(For the record, I am a NaruHina guy...)

LexSuicune
6th November 2014, 2:47 PM
In my head Rock's son's mom is TenTen.

Mr. Reloaded
6th November 2014, 3:12 PM
In my head Rock's son's mom is TenTen.

Might as well be, there's no one left lol.

Xuxuba
6th November 2014, 3:30 PM
So it looks like Gaara didn't have a wife/childrens which it's perfectly fine for me because i can't picture him like that.

Joltik-Kid
6th November 2014, 3:34 PM
Read chapter 700 again, it confirms everything.
And yet resolves nothing... Naruto and Sasuke neglect their own children

lolipiece
6th November 2014, 3:50 PM
Yeah, the family resemblances are obviously there, but they danced around spelling it out...again, I imagine the movie will flesh that out.

(For the record, I am a NaruHina guy...)

Whiskers. The name Bolt. Bolt wearing a screw necklace.

It's extremely clear.

Akashin
6th November 2014, 3:54 PM
And yet resolves nothing... Naruto and Sasuke neglect their own children

Huh? Naruto I sort of agree (though valid in the sense that he is the Hokage and all; and he still seems to be doing what he can, though why he doesn't just use Kage Bunshin to make up for his absence the world may never know), but where was it shown that Sasuke neglects his daughter? I didn't see anything that pointed toward that (not that we got more than a bare glimpse of SakuSasu's family life anyway).

Agreed on the lack of resolution, though I already said that.

Milennin
6th November 2014, 4:13 PM
Huh? Naruto has ended? Damn, I remember my friend showing me some episodes like back in 2003 or so. Some time later I started watching the series, but got bored of all the filler after a while.

Red and Blue
6th November 2014, 4:33 PM
Well it could have been a lot worsHopefully the epilogue removed any doubt that Sakura is Sarada's mother and not Karin. She even has her mom's catchphrase.

J Ken
6th November 2014, 4:42 PM
Well everything ended pretty much as I had predicted. Like Naruto being Hokage, most of the pairings and Sasuke's redemption. The designs of the kids are fine for me but it would have been so much better if we got to at least see the adult K11 together and more clarification on how things turned out aside from the obvious.

It's a shame about Kakashi's face never being revealed but I figured they'd never show it.

Overall I'm satisfied with how everything ended, barring a few nitpicks here and there, but it's hard to believe that it's finally over.

Jb
6th November 2014, 4:43 PM
Fell like nothing was resolved, and more bad fanfiction imo. The final chapter should of been long and each village should of gotten screen time. It felt like it was trying to cram a bunch of things in a once. The only thing I liked was see new Kages. Everything else just felt forced.

At least it's over.

Shneak
6th November 2014, 4:51 PM
It's not a goodbye, it's a see you later.

I enjoyed the ending, I guess. It's not my vision but it's satisfying enough.

699's narration by Sasuke was necessary since Kishi really wanted to cement that he became a completely different person. I still find it ridiculous how he could change so quickly (for the sake of the plot, I guess) and it's even worse how Kakashi pardoned him on every account.

I already don't like the kids in #700. Maybe I'm too used to PTS teen characters but going back to academy brats is going to be weird next year. They're also way to similar to their parents' personalities.

- Shoutout to Tenten for having the Kumo items! I wish we could have seen her use them.
- I want to see Kurenai's daughter in the spinoff. Konohamaru too. Sarutobis only.
- Not sure what's the saddest part, old Akamaru or Guy still in a wheelchair.
- A laptop!? Glad to see the ninja world has advanced to Windows 98.
- Seeing the new Kages is something that I really wanted. Nothing particularly shocking except Darui instead of Bee. I like the sass Kurotsuchi gave to a surprisingly responsible Naruto.
- One Piece logo on Naruto's monument.
- I think the most surprising thing in these chapters is the gigantic city overlooking Konoha.

Can't believe it's over now. 8 years reading it but it's been going strong for 15. Unbelievable. Thanks for the journey, Kishi, and thanks to all of you regulars in this thread for making it a place to discuss every week!

Mr. Reloaded
6th November 2014, 4:54 PM
But guys it's not over! There's that spin-off series that no one will bother with.

In all seriousness I'm glad the ride is over, at worst it could have ended up like Bleach and fall so deep into a hole in which it can't recover. (Bleach overstayed it's welcome the most out of the 3 tbh).

J Ken
6th November 2014, 5:01 PM
It's not over yet but after the movie (Which we won't get for months) that'll be the end of Naruto's story since the spin-off revolves around the new generation.

On the kids imo NaruHina's kids resemble Naruto a bit too much, like I don't mind it that much but I wish they had more of a resemblance to Hinata.

Akashin
6th November 2014, 5:08 PM
But guys it's not over! There's that spin-off series that no one will bother with.

In all seriousness I'm glad the ride is over, at worst it could have ended up like Bleach and fall so deep into a hole in which it can't recover. (Bleach overstayed it's welcome the most out of the 3 tbh).

Naruto, for all its flaws, at least had an overarching plot it was (gradually) working toward concluding all this time. Bleach reached the end of that plot and then just kept trucking along for some reason.

Jb
6th November 2014, 5:55 PM
It's not over yet but after the movie (Which we won't get for months) that'll be the end of Naruto's story since the spin-off revolves around the new generation.

On the kids imo NaruHina's kids resemble Naruto a bit too much, like I don't mind it that much but I wish they had more of a resemblance to Hinata.

The movie comes out next month doesn't it

EmphaticPikachu
6th November 2014, 6:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ITtoWWl.png

hehehehehe

was a nice chapter though.

Jb
6th November 2014, 6:47 PM
Anyone know if the stats in the 4th databook are out yet. It's been out for 2 days so I'm sure if it was translated yet

diakyu
6th November 2014, 7:04 PM
There's that spin-off series that no one will bother with.
Oh I've seen plenty of people looking forward to it, me included. I'm also looking forward to the rest of what this "new era of Naruto" has in store.

Akashin
6th November 2014, 7:09 PM
Anyone know if the stats in the 4th databook are out yet. It's been out for 2 days so I'm sure if it was translated yet

Parts of it have been translated, but I haven't seen any new stats. I think I saw a scan for Killer Bee that shows stats for him, but I'm not positive.

-Raiga-
6th November 2014, 7:11 PM
I for one, thought both chapters we're great. I don't need every little plot-hole fix to be spoon-fed to me in one chapter like many people seem to. It wrapped up the big stuff, and introduced us to a lot of new characters at the same time.(I really dig Sasuke's adult look btw)

So thanks Kishimoto, for providing me with weekly entertainment from my young adult to adult life! Believe it!

Pokegirl Fan~
6th November 2014, 7:12 PM
Chapter 699 was interesting, and Sasuke is pretty much redeemed there. I guess I was right about Sasuke traveling around.
Chapter 700 was weird...all of these kids and couples still seem pretty ridiculous to me, like it was a fanfic. So is it over or is there still another chapter next week?

diakyu
6th November 2014, 7:15 PM
Huh, just noticed the reference to One Piece in Ch 700. And One Piece also referenced Naruto this week. Makes me feel all fuzzy.

SharpedoX
6th November 2014, 7:20 PM
So... what happened to Orochimaru, Kabuto and the rest?

Red and Blue
6th November 2014, 7:35 PM
Chapter 699 was interesting, and Sasuke is pretty much redeemed there. I guess I was right about Sasuke traveling around.
Chapter 700 was weird...all of these kids and couples still seem pretty ridiculous to me, like it was a fanfic. So is it over or is there still another chapter next week?

Yeah. At least the final chapter until the miniseries starts

Platinum fan.
6th November 2014, 7:35 PM
At least they answered the question I've been asking. What happened to Samui? After Darui freed her, no wonder he became Raikage. That's a legendary event right there. Chapter 699 was meh. I enjoyed seeing everyone get freed, and while it felt rushed I was okay with it. SasuSaku made me throw up in my mouth a little. That was the only negative I had with the chapter.

Chapter 700 was IMO really good. Yeah it feels like a fanfic, but IMO at least it felt like a good one. All the Konoha kids and who ended up with who. Naruto on a laptop and the new Gokage? Awesome. Tenten running a ninja shop? Awesome. Might Guy and Kakashi retired and telling old war stories together? Awesome, so glad those two lived. The different kids in Konoha? I'll admit, I liked them. I like how Sasuke's daughter is watching Naruto's son. If there is a spinoff I can't wait to see them interact. Looks like it would be fun.

The Konoha 11 turned out alright. Never would have thought Ino would change more then Hinata and Sakura. Ino you continue to impress me even at the end. Easily my new favorite Konoha female...behind Tenten. The guys turned out cool too. Overall I think Naruto had a good ending. Chapter 699 was okay, but 700? I can't wait to buy that in volume form.

Edit: Even in a wheel chair, Might Guy is awesome.

Mr. Reloaded
6th November 2014, 7:41 PM

Since the world is united and at peace they can't really do anything evil, so I guess they just choose to hang low and move on in life.

You may get your answer in the movie however.

Ragnarok
6th November 2014, 7:49 PM
Doesn't feel conclusive to me tbh. The more I read the last chapters, the more it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. :/

It's over atleast. Ciao.

Lorde
6th November 2014, 7:55 PM
I just read chapter 699. It was nice seeing Samui and her brother freed from the gourd and seeing Kakashi's face on the Hokage monument made his Hokage status seem more official. Anyway, I liked that Sasuke tapped Sakura's head a la Itachi and that Naruto tried to give Sasuke his headband back.

KidOblivion
6th November 2014, 7:59 PM

Somebody was following Sasuke, so it might be Kabuto. The new generation might have to deal with him.

Red and Blue
6th November 2014, 8:03 PM
Somebody was following Sasuke, so it might be Kabuto. The new generation might have to deal with him.

How? They are just academy students.

Anyway, based on Salada's infatuation with Bolt, I think it is safe to assume that Naruto and Sasuke will be in-laws in the future

KidOblivion
6th November 2014, 8:06 PM
How? They are just academy students.

Anyway, based on Salada's infatuation with Bolt, I think it is safe to assume that Naruto and Sasuke will be in-laws in the future

Surely you don't think the mini series will take part when they're all still so young, do you?

Either way, the figure that was following Sasuke is suspect.

Red and Blue
6th November 2014, 8:09 PM
Surely you don't think the mini series will take part when they're all still so young, do you?

Either way, the figure that was following Sasuke is suspect.

Sure why not? At best, they might be just Genin.

And do we even know if Sasuke is being stalked? He said himself that it was just his imagination.

KidOblivion
6th November 2014, 8:10 PM
Sure why not? At best, they might be just Genin.

And do we even know if Sasuke is being stalked? He said himself that it was just his imagination.

Then bother putting it there at all? It seems pretty obvious to me that somebody was tailing him.

Red and Blue
6th November 2014, 8:18 PM
Then bother putting it there at all? It seems pretty obvious to me that somebody was tailing him.

Well he was traveling through unfamiliar territory. It may not have been a persistant stalker. Just some rogue ninja.

I just going to wait until we get more information on the miniseries

-Raiga-
6th November 2014, 8:30 PM

You mean unlike the 27 volumes of naruto that focused on kids/genin?

Lorde
6th November 2014, 8:36 PM
Yeah some fans on NF were raging yesterday when they heard about the Naruto spin-off focusing on kids, completely ignoring that Part 1 was about that as well. :p

Mr. Reloaded
6th November 2014, 8:40 PM
We've seen enough of Naruto and friends, if they wanted more focus on them it wouldn't be a spin-off it'd be part 3.

And spoiler warning!
It's not called part 3.

Why have the characters have kids and do nothing with them? Like come on guys you don't have to read this, the main story is over.

Red and Blue
6th November 2014, 8:49 PM
I just want the miniseries to be the kids going on some adventures as Genin. Nothing all that major

Platinum fan.
6th November 2014, 9:02 PM

Back when Naruto was at it's roots. Those were the days. I'm fine with the spinoff being about the kids. If anything I'd be more interested in them anyway at this point. Half the characters in Naruto are done anyway so focus on the kids. Plus we can see them go into the tall grass and encounter roaming Tailed Beast. I seriously just want that to happen. It needs to happen. Play the roaming Pokemon music when it does.

KidOblivion
6th November 2014, 9:03 PM

I meant still in the Ninja Academy, not adults.

Lorde
6th November 2014, 9:03 PM
I finished chapter 700 just now; it feels odd reading the last chapter of Part 2. Anyway, I didn't care for the kids in general, but I was pleased to see Kurenai's daughter grown up and Udon and Moegi being Naruto's assistants was a surprise. I was also surprised to see that computers are a thing now in the shinobi world. Seeing Konoha with skyscrapers was pretty cool too, and I'm glad that Darui and Kurotsuchi are Kage now along with Chojuro.

pwnswitchclik
6th November 2014, 9:04 PM
So Naruto has ended. I liked the chapters, they put a finishing touch to an awesome manga and an awesome story. I started reading the manga only in 2010 and have been a follower since then. And now I'm gonna retreat to a hole and mourn because I feel like I have lost a friend.

On an unimportant side note: Salada in portuguese means salad.

Platinum fan.
6th November 2014, 9:09 PM
I finished chapter 700 just now; it feels odd reading the last chapter of Part 2. Anyway, I didn't care for the kids in general, but I was pleased to see Kurenai's daughter grown up and Udon and Moegi being Naruto's assistants was a surprise. I was also surprised to see that computers are a thing now in the shinobi world. Seeing Konoha with skyscrapers was pretty cool too, and I'm glad that Darui and Kurotsuchi are Kage now along with Chojuro.

I didn't even realize that was Udon and Moegi at first. The years advance you. Darui as Raikage was surprising, but it's all good. Darui was one of the new characters I truly did like in the war. It was also cool seeing Omoi as his guard, similar to how he was to A. Chojuro was also a surprise. I never would have guessed him to be a future Kage, but more power to him. And I guess Kurotsuchi finally kicked Onoki off the Kage throne. I totally picture her literally having to pry the old man from his position. But man he's lived a long life.

Emperor Empoleon
6th November 2014, 9:16 PM
In short, I am mostly satisfied if not happy with how everyone has turned out. And Ninja Metropolis at the end! The huge, modernized city behind the Village? That's some incredible advancement. Its a shame that we may never know how things work out with that, among other loose ends. But this ending does still put a smile on my face. And I still can't get over how Naruto finally has a family again. And with the girl that always liked him too. That's a very sweet touch.

Congrats to Naruto and to Kishi on this long, roller-coaster of a story. lol.

My one disappointment is Sakura's life...I was expecting something cool like her leading the Medical Corps or something...Whatever though. Nothing I can do about it now.

Platinum fan.
6th November 2014, 9:22 PM
In short, I am mostly satisfied if not happy with how everyone has turned out. And Ninja Metropolis at the end! The huge, modernized city behind the Village? That's some incredible advancement. Its a shame that we may never know how things work out with that, among other loose ends. But this ending does still put a smile on my face. And I still can't get over how Naruto finally has a family again. And with the girl that always liked him too. That's a very sweet touch.

Congrats to Naruto and to Kishi on this long, roller-coaster of a story. lol.

My one disappointment is Sakura's life...I was expecting something cool like her leading the Medical Corps or something...Whatever though. Nothing I can do about it now.

Look on the bright side. Sakura got what she always wanted. That's just what I'm going to tell myself. At least her kid looks interesting. Can't wait to see more of her in the spin off.

Speaking of the kids, I wonder how much of Naruto and Hinata are in their kids? Just the thought of a kid with Byakugan, Gentle Fist, Sage Mode, and Uzumaki Chakra...wow! Talk about overpowered.

Lorde
6th November 2014, 9:23 PM
I'm irked that Orochimaru's whereabouts weren't revealed in chapter 700 unless I missed something; like, is he still a villain or not?

KidOblivion
6th November 2014, 9:36 PM
I'm irked that Orochimaru's whereabouts weren't revealed in chapter 700 unless I missed something; like, is he still a villain or not?

I saw an interview on tumblr that said more about the whereabouts of the other characters will be revealed in the movie and in the spin off.

Kamex
6th November 2014, 10:30 PM
I'm actually excited about Sasuke's daughter. I really hope that she is a force to reckoned with. I want to see a female Uchiha kick some ***.
Sarada was the most believable child to me in terms of her design. That, and her relatively unique personality compared with the other kids, and the fact that she's the only member of the next generation of Uchiha, and the potential she has as a female Sharingan wielder are pretty exciting.

If Sasuke had a kid with Karin, he/she could have unlocked the Rinnegan though... just something to think about. That role might belong to Bolt and Sarada's kids if that ever happened... but I'm looking too far into the future now.

Maybe, just maybe, there might be the smallest % that somehow he could justify it. But he has to use "repopulate the Uchiha" as one of them. He cant fall in love for the sake of falling in love, there has to be a reason.

And Sasuke's overall goals never include love. So for him to settle down makes little sense.
I understand being upset that Sakura could still be into Sasuke, but to suggest that it's impossible for him to genuinely be in love with anyone baffles me. I can see how it can be a little hard to swallow imagining Sasuke in a relationship, but what did he do to prove that he could never possibly love anyone? If Naruto can change a legitimate cold-blooded killer like Gaara to the most trustworthy of allies (along with influencing plenty of other characters), why can't he get Sasuke to be good-natured as well.

I'm glad that so and so won the Narutobowl, and hope that their children in this upcoming story would be endearing and bereft of the DARKNESS that has plagued the days of their father.
This is my main problem with the miniseries. There's really no where to go from here. We've reached the pinnacle of power. And the darkness that used to exist was defeated, what kind of new villains or schemes or suspense could top anything now? The new generation seems too perfect and happy. I can't imagine, for instance, someone suddenly and inexplicably murdering most of their clan, leaving their sibling an orphan, and then booking it to join other terrible deserters. So what kind of story will it be?

The laptop and skyscrapers are the main positive thing I see about a miniseries continuation of Naruto. The mix of technology and old-school-ness of the ninja world was pretty unique and cool, but to see where it would go into the future intrigues me. That's the only new thing a miniseries could bring it seems, considering how annoyingly similar most of the new generation is to the one before it.

LizardonX
6th November 2014, 11:06 PM
So did naruto actually become the hokage?

Or did kishimoto just forget that plot point along with all the other dropped storylines over the years.

miles0624
6th November 2014, 11:11 PM
I'm sad it's over. This manga took me through my childhood.

Lorde
6th November 2014, 11:15 PM
So did naruto actually become the hokage?

He became the 7th Hokage, yes.

SharpedoX
6th November 2014, 11:29 PM
On an unimportant side note: Salada in portuguese means salad.

Being portuguese and reading that, I actually laughed for a moment.

Ah, what a phenomenal conclusion to the series. Might not delve too much on all the character's endings, but having read Naruto for so long and making friends on the basis of this manga... it's a good ending.

diakyu
7th November 2014, 1:11 AM
The giant city is definitely something I'm looking forward to in the mini-series. And I hope they confirm if Boruto got the Byakugan.

Jb
7th November 2014, 1:14 AM
I wonder who'd be next in line for Hokage now. Konohamaru?

Pokegirl Fan~
7th November 2014, 1:46 AM
I wonder who'd be next in line for Hokage now. Konohamaru?

I'm guessing either him or whoever comes from the new generation, most likely one of Naruto's kids though. I would like to see Sasuke's and Sakura's kid become hokage, but I doubt we'll even get anything about that lol.

Han Solo Fan
7th November 2014, 1:52 AM
Well, I'm pretty satisfied with the conclusion: Naruto was a great series despite all of Sasuke's emo arcs and a few bumps in the road, and I'm glad I got to enjoy the experience for as long as it lasted.

Look on the bright side. Sakura got what she always wanted. That's just what I'm going to tell myself. At least her kid looks interesting. Can't wait to see more of her in the spin off.

Yeah, she got "Sasuke-kun," but yes, it would've been nice to see how her career as a medical-nin as going.

Platinum fan.
7th November 2014, 1:56 AM
Sarada was the most believable child to me in terms of her design. That, and her relatively unique personality compared with the other kids, and the fact that she's the only member of the next generation of Uchiha, and the potential she has as a female Sharingan wielder are pretty exciting.

If Sasuke had a kid with Karin, he/she could have unlocked the Rinnegan though... just something to think about. That role might belong to Bolt and Sarada's kids if that ever happened... but I'm looking too far into the future now.

I understand being upset that Sakura could still be into Sasuke, but to suggest that it's impossible for him to genuinely be in love with anyone baffles me. I can see how it can be a little hard to swallow imagining Sasuke in a relationship, but what did he do to prove that he could never possibly love anyone? If Naruto can change a legitimate cold-blooded killer like Gaara to the most trustworthy of allies (along with influencing plenty of other characters), why can't he get Sasuke to be good-natured as well.

This is my main problem with the miniseries. There's really no where to go from here. We've reached the pinnacle of power. And the darkness that used to exist was defeated, what kind of new villains or schemes or suspense could top anything now? The new generation seems too perfect and happy. I can't imagine, for instance, someone suddenly and inexplicably murdering most of their clan, leaving their sibling an orphan, and then booking it to join other terrible deserters. So what kind of story will it be?

The laptop and skyscrapers are the main positive thing I see about a miniseries continuation of Naruto. The mix of technology and old-school-ness of the ninja world was pretty unique and cool, but to see where it would go into the future intrigues me. That's the only new thing a miniseries could bring it seems, considering how annoyingly similar most of the new generation is to the one before it.

I didn't say it was impossible, I said it was out of character for Sasuke. The fact that chapter 699 basically had to rush SasuSaku in there the way the did it is laughable. I could have bought it if time had passed and Sakura was at first upset with Sasuke and grew to forgive him and then they got together. Not even 24 hours ago Sasuke pretty much called her trash and next thing you know Sakura's asking to go with Sasuke on his journey reverting right back to the character she never grew out of. That's probably my biggest issue now. But I'm done whining about it. It's over and Sasuke's daughter looks like a interesting character who I want to see more of, regardless of how little I care for her mother now. So I'm going to let it go and enjoy the good things about the ending. Because the good far outweigh the bad for me.

Edit: Also I have no problem with Sasuke's change of character, turning into a good guy. I thought they handled that part nice for Sasuke and he got a good sendoff.

J Ken
7th November 2014, 2:25 AM
Sakura ending up with Sasuke doesn't ruin or degrade her character, I mean it's up to personal preference whether you like it or not but SasuSaku was so painfully obvious from the start and everything Sakura went through pointed to her getting Sasuke in the end so suddenly devaluing or giving up on her because she finally got her happy ending really doesn't make much sense. Especially when much worse and outrageous things have happened in the series.

Lorde
7th November 2014, 2:26 AM
Konohamaru always expressed a desire to be Hokage, but I'd personally rather believe that Bolt or Himawari will inherit the title after Naruto though tbh.

justinjiaxinghu
7th November 2014, 2:30 AM
I haven't expressed my thoughts here after Naruto ended, but one thing is certain.

I am thankful that Kishi actually took the time to make this last 15 years as it's been a pretty big part of my life and probably many other people out there. Thank you Kishi!

There is going to be a Part 3 mini series though, so that's cool :^)

Also, for those of you who don't know, the Last Naruto Movie will cover what happened after Chapter 699 and before Chapter 700. Not sure if this has been brought up already, but did anyone see the Jolly Roger on Naruto's face carving LMAO.

PS: What's with Sasuke and that tree (POTENTIAL ZETSU REVIVAL HM)

Han Solo Fan
7th November 2014, 2:48 AM
Sakura ending up with Sasuke doesn't ruin or degrade her character, I mean it's up to personal preference whether you like it or not but SasuSaku was so painfully obvious from the start and everything Sakura went through pointed to her getting Sasuke in the end so suddenly devaluing or giving up on her because she finally got her happy ending really doesn't make much sense. Especially when much worse and outrageous things have happened in the series.

I agree that it and NaruHina were fairly obvious from that start lol: I just like how people are getting pissed Naruto didn't end up with Sakura, when there was no real indication of that ever happening.

Xionea
7th November 2014, 3:53 AM
I kinda stopped reading Naruto after 400~ chapters (I'll probably read the rest eventually now that it's over), but I read the last couple chapters out of curiosity. That's a very cliche ending to a long running manga, but at least the big goal was stuck through til the end, so that's good. One small thing that bugged me, whoever fan-translates the manga really shouldn't have translated Salad's name. Reeeeally? That is, assuming they translated that from "Sarada." Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

LightningMaster95
7th November 2014, 6:07 AM
Konohamaru always expressed a desire to be Hokage, but I'd personally rather believe that Bolt or Himawari will inherit the title after Naruto though tbh.

for me that would be too cliche for a father to pass on an important job to his son or daughter and rather not see the title of hokage pass to a family member...hashirama and tobirama was fine since kishi did that in order to create conflict

as for the naruto spin-off,sequel, or whatever it is im personally not going to read it since kishimoto is not the one who is going to write it...i started with his work and im going to finish the series with his work

diakyu
7th November 2014, 6:49 AM
Oh and btw everyone here caught that Naruto helped his son graffiti his face right? Such a cute thing to add.

Also Kurama is still in Naruto right? The joke at the end being Kurama will sleep through the meeting?

patrickab7
7th November 2014, 7:05 AM
Took a few read-throughs before I noticed the small detail that Naruto's son has the Tsunade pendant...(or is that just a "bolt" to symbolize his name?)

Lorde
7th November 2014, 7:09 AM
I liked Kishi's homage to One Piece on Naruto's stone face tbh. Also, I'm confused. Was that Yin-Kurama or Yang-Kurama sleeping at the end, or was it both joined as one?

Took a few read-throughs before I noticed the small detail that Naruto's son has the Tsunade pendant...

It's a bolt which matches his name. Tsunade's necklace was destroyed ages ago.

Red and Blue
7th November 2014, 7:14 AM
I liked Kishi's homage to One Piece on Naruto's stone face tbh. Also, I'm confused. Was that Yin-Kurama or Yang-Kurama sleeping at the end, or was it both joined as one?

It's a bolt which matches his name. Tsunade's necklace was destroyed ages ago.

They most likely fused back together offscreen.

Also, I wonder who is Lee's son's Mama?

ven?
7th November 2014, 8:02 AM
Aburame will be the next reading rainbow?

Kamex
7th November 2014, 11:17 AM
I didn't say it was impossible, I said it was out of character for Sasuke. The fact that chapter 699 basically had to rush SasuSaku in there the way the did it is laughable. I could have bought it if time had passed and Sakura was at first upset with Sasuke and grew to forgive him and then they got together. Not even 24 hours ago Sasuke pretty much called her trash and next thing you know Sakura's asking to go with Sasuke on his journey reverting right back to the character she never grew out of. That's probably my biggest issue now. But I'm done whining about it. It's over and Sasuke's daughter looks like a interesting character who I want to see more of, regardless of how little I care for her mother now. So I'm going to let it go and enjoy the good things about the ending. Because the good far outweigh the bad for me.

Edit: Also I have no problem with Sasuke's change of character, turning into a good guy. I thought they handled that part nice for Sasuke and he got a good sendoff.
Okay, fair enough. There isn't much Kishi could do to wrap up such an ambitious story in such a short time without some changes left to be desired I guess.

Some quick thoughts about the ending: Pretty disappointed with most of Sakura's life in the story up until the end, but I guess it could have been worse. Part of me wanted to see Kakashi's face, part of me didn't. So I was going to be simultaneously satisfied and disappointed with that either way. And I like most of the character designs. Naruto got both of his wishes (saving Sasuke and becoming Hokage), a lot of things came full circle, the future is bright, everyone's happy. Yay.

Seeing Naruto's face on the Hokage Monument was pretty awe-inspiring and satisfying, and the final page about the Kyuubi was surpisingly sad. I'll miss Naruto!

Pokegirl Fan~
7th November 2014, 2:02 PM
Some quick thoughts about the ending: Pretty disappointed with most of Sakura's life in the story up until the end, but I guess it could have been worse. Part of me wanted to see Kakashi's face, part of me didn't. So I was going to be simultaneously satisfied and disappointed with that either way.

I didn't think she was that bad as most people on here make her out to be imo, and I agree she could have been worse. She could have been just like Karin who is probably the worst character in the series imo.
About Kakashi's face, maybe they'll have something where it's finally revealed in the mini-series? I dunno why but I can see an episode about that.

LexSuicune
7th November 2014, 4:43 PM
Kakashi's face is supposedly gonne be shown in The Last.

Pokegirl Fan~
7th November 2014, 5:08 PM

Really? I guess after they reveal what's underneath his mask I can rest easy then XD
I still hope for some misadventures of the new kids trying to find out what's underneath his mask though.

LexSuicune
7th November 2014, 6:05 PM

Female Uchiha members cannot wield the Sharingan, Salada is, however, a carrier of the D˘jutsu gene so her sons or grandsons can very well awaken the Sharingan/Mangekyo Sharingan in the future.

Hell, they can even awaken the Rinnegan if she breeds Bolt or any of the Senjű descendants.

Platinum fan.
7th November 2014, 6:15 PM

I have no desire to see Kakashi's face. To me it's like seeing a old as dirt Tsunade. Something we're not meant to see. Though I'm sure Kakashi looks way more appealing.

And on the subject of the kids, am I the only one who wanted Bolt, is it? Am I the only one to want Bolt to either have Kushina's red hair or Hinata's style hair? The fact that Bolt looks like Naruto junior is so lazy. Ever since the chapter where Naruto met Kushina, I always wanted to see Naruto with cool hair like that. I wish Bolt had got it. Or anything different so he doesn't just look like Naruto 2.0. Hopefully he'll mess around with his hairstyle in the spinoff to stick out.

Jb
7th November 2014, 6:18 PM
why does iruka look so old, like, he's only about 35-7 in the end right?

LightningMaster95
7th November 2014, 6:50 PM
Female Uchiha members cannot wield the Sharingan, Salada is, however, a carrier of the D˘jutsu gene so her sons or grandsons can very well awaken the Sharingan/Mangekyo Sharingan in the future.

Hell, they can even awaken the Rinnegan if she breeds Bolt or any of the Senjű descendants.

where was it stated that females cannot have the sharingan??? the only uchiha female we seen other than salada was sasuke's mother and whenever we had flashbacks to the uchiha beginnings im pretty sure we saw females with sharingans

Lorde
7th November 2014, 8:46 PM
I'm confused as to why A didn't select B to replace him as Raikage; Darui's fine and all, but B's way stronger than him, so I would think that he'd be the better choice.

Shneak
7th November 2014, 9:13 PM
What gets me is that there's kind of no point to becoming a shinobi anymore unless you like to do D rank missions. Tenten mentions that weaponry doesn't sell because nobody needs to use them and Karui doesn't get why Ino wants to teach InoShikaCho techniques when there's no need to use them. The Academy is still producing students for a dying profession. I imagine will see the return of chaos in the 2015 arc though.

Akashin
7th November 2014, 9:44 PM
where was it stated that females cannot have the sharingan??? the only uchiha female we seen other than salada was sasuke's mother and whenever we had flashbacks to the uchiha beginnings im pretty sure we saw females with sharingans

Pretty sure we never saw any female Sharingan users (at least not named), barring an anime-only Uchiha (which I wouldn't take to mean anything on its own). With that said the Byakugan has no such restriction, nor does the Rinne Sharingan, so I'd say this is a case of absence of evidence being used as proof of absence.

Red and Blue
7th November 2014, 9:47 PM
Pretty sure we never saw any female Sharingan users (at least not named), barring an anime-only Uchiha (which I wouldn't take to mean anything on its own). With that said the Byakugan has no such restriction, nor does the Rinne Sharingan, so I'd say this is a case of absence of evidence being used as proof of absence.

Yeah no.

Not seeing any female Sharingan users does not mean it is a male only kekkai genkai. That claim is ridiculous. Pure coincidence, plain and simple.

Akashin
7th November 2014, 9:51 PM
Yeah no.

Not seeing any female Sharingan users does not mean it is a male only kekkai genkai. That claim is ridiculous. Pure coincidence, plain and simple.

...That's exactly what I said though?

Red and Blue
7th November 2014, 9:54 PM
...That's exactly what I said though?

Sorry, When you said "absent of evidence was proof of absense", I thought you meant females can't use the Sharingan due to lack of evidence. I'm not familiar with the term. My mistake

Kamex
7th November 2014, 9:55 PM
Are you sure? That would be a shame. Why is it so impossible to see a single female ninja do anything really cool? It's like how I've always wanted to see a female Super Saiyan but never got my wish!

I'm confused as to why A didn't select B to replace him as Raikage; Darui's fine and all, but B's way stronger than him, so I would think that he'd be the better choice.
Well if I remember correctly, B never liked remaining in the confines of his village as their weapon, so he seems to like his freedom a lot. I imagine he's not the type to want to be a Kage.

Akashin
7th November 2014, 9:57 PM
Sorry, When you said "absent of evidence was proof of absense", I thought you meant females can't use the Sharingan due to lack of evidence. I'm not familiar with the term. My mistake

What I meant was that it seems like this is a case of people treating the lack of female Sharingan users as evidence that females can't use the Sharingan at all, not that I agreed with the notion. Sorry for the confusion.

Lorde
7th November 2014, 10:25 PM

Speaking of which, how come neither Bolt or Himawari have the Byakugan? That surprised me to be frank.

Red and Blue
7th November 2014, 10:32 PM
Speaking of which, how come neither Bolt or Himawari have the Byakugan? That surprised me to be frank.

To be fair, those two are the first mixed Hyuuga kids we have seen. Maybe the do have the Byakugan, but there eyes look normal when they are not using it due to the fact that they aren't pure Hyuugas

LightningMaster95
7th November 2014, 10:42 PM

not sure if it was obito or madara flashbacks but im pretty sure it was obito flashback about the uchiha rebellion where they showed a bunch of male and female uchiha with sharingans activated

Kamex
7th November 2014, 11:12 PM
why does iruka look so old, like, he's only about 35-7 in the end right?
I think he's a little older than that. If Asuma and Kurenai's daughter is around her mid-teens (at least), then Iruka would probably be in his early 40s if I'm not mistaken. He still looks at least 10 years older than that though... maybe it's the stress of teaching? Guy, who's a little older, looks pretty old too to be fair. Kakashi looks younger than them but that's probably just the mask.

Speaking of looking old, it's funny to see everyone age - including the previous Kage - while Tsunade stays forever young. Haha.

Platinum fan.
7th November 2014, 11:21 PM

How do we know they don't have Byakugan? Have we seen either in a fight yet?

Lorde
7th November 2014, 11:27 PM
How do we know they don't have Byakugan? Have we seen either in a fight yet?

Their eyes aren't completely white nor do they lack pupils, hence why I'm assuming that they don't have the Byakugan.

Platinum fan.
7th November 2014, 11:32 PM
Their eyes aren't completely white nor do they lack pupils, hence why I'm assuming that they don't have the Byakugan.

I don't think that means they can't ever get it. I just took as a sign they are full blooded Hyuugas. They might be able to get it.

Kamex
8th November 2014, 12:53 AM
I don't think that means they can't ever get it. I just took as a sign they are full blooded Hyuugas. They might be able to get it.
You mean you took it as a sign that they aren't full-blooded Hyuugas, I assume. And you might be right, but I think giving them the typical Byakugan eyes would have been a better stylistic choice. If Bolt has to look very similar to Naruto, Kishi should have just gone all the way and had him look like his father and grandfather except slightly different hair. And I don't mean the strange super saiyan hair thing he's got going on, making an unlikely combination of their parents' hair was unnecessary. Should just have blond Hyuuga hair or blue spiky hair. AND the Byakugan.

And I don't like seeing siblings look so different. Why do they each have completely different-colored hair instead of one or the other or a combined color?

Platinum fan.
8th November 2014, 1:06 AM
You mean you took it as a sign that they aren't full-blooded Hyuugas, I assume. And you might be right, but I think giving them the typical Byakugan eyes would have been a better stylistic choice. If Bolt has to look very similar to Naruto, Kishi should have just gone all the way and had him look like his father and grandfather except slightly different hair. And I don't mean the strange super saiyan hair thing he's got going on, making an unlikely combination of their parents' hair was unnecessary. Should just have blond Hyuuga hair or blue spiky hair. AND the Byakugan.

And I don't like seeing siblings look so different. Why do they each have completely different-colored hair instead of one or the other or a combined color?

Yeah, I mean aren't. Sorry typo. And I don't like the fact that Bolt looks exactly like his dad though. They could have given him a different hairstyle. Again, I offer they could have used Kushina's hair. That's one I'd have liked to have seen.

Lorde
8th November 2014, 1:15 AM
I just noticed that Kiba is apparently with Tamaki in the epilogue. That's the oddest couple thus far in my view, even more random than Choji and Karui.

Kamex
8th November 2014, 1:30 AM
Yeah, I mean aren't. Sorry typo. And I don't like the fact that Bolt looks exactly like his dad though. They could have given him a different hairstyle. Again, I offer they could have used Kushina's hair. That's one I'd have liked to have seen.
That would have looked better per se, but then they'd have no resemblance to either of their parents.

I just noticed that Kiba is apparently with Tamaki in the epilogue. That's the oddest couple thus far in my view, even more random than Choji and Karui.
Aw I was hoping that at least Kiba seemed to find a random girl that wasn't already introduced in the story and may not have been a ninja to begin with. And I thought it might have just been a date and not necessarily an "official couple". I imagined Kiba to be an eternal bachelor like Yamcha from Dragonball. So Kishi really did just throw all of the Konoha 12 with any character he could find lol. I wish this final chapter wasn't so lazy...

Red and Blue
8th November 2014, 1:31 AM

Nothing is more random than Choji and Karui. The biggest WTF moment in the entire epilogue, even more than SasuSaku. Those two didn't interact once in the entire series and they got married?? Why her and not some nameless Konoha villager?

Platinum fan.
8th November 2014, 2:16 AM
That would have looked better per se, but then they'd have no resemblance to either of their parents.

Aw I was hoping that at least Kiba seemed to find a random girl that wasn't already introduced in the story and may not have been a ninja to begin with. And I thought it might have just been a date and not necessarily an "official couple". I imagined Kiba to be an eternal bachelor like Yamcha from Dragonball. So Kishi really did just throw all of the Konoha 12 with any character he could find lol. I wish this final chapter wasn't so lazy...

Bolt still would look like Naruto though, face wise. But right now he just looks like a Naruto clone. A mini one.

Jb
8th November 2014, 2:49 AM

wasn't her last appearance in like chapter 350 something lol

Mr. Reloaded
8th November 2014, 2:57 AM
Again it's the end of the series.

Kishi literally threw his hands in the air and screamed YOLO and paired everyone with anyone.

Nothing will top what he did to Choji lol.

LightningMaster95
8th November 2014, 3:13 AM
Bolt still would look like Naruto though, face wise. But right now he just looks like a Naruto clone. A mini one.
right now i like bolt's appearance as a kid more than naruto did when he looked like a kid...but i was expecting bolt to have hinata hair color but with minato hair but a lil bit shorter

diakyu
8th November 2014, 3:39 AM
It is pretty odd since they could have just showed him without a lover and still had the child like with Lee. Kishi must have some odd reasoning.

Akashin
8th November 2014, 3:44 AM
It is pretty odd since you could have just showed him without a lover and still had the child like with Lee. Kishi must have some odd reasoning.

I sincerely doubt his rationale went any further than, "You know, wouldn't it be funny if Kiba married that girl with a lot of cats?"

ven?
8th November 2014, 4:48 AM
The one thing that I do like about it's sad ending is he's pretty much passing the torch onto one piece at the end in a way, much respect for Masashi Kishimoto .

Jb
8th November 2014, 4:55 AM
The one thing that I do like about it's sad ending is he's pretty much passing the torch onto one piece at the end in a way, much respect for Masashi Kishimoto .

you cant really past the torch to something that's sold better to you since the beginning

LightningMaster95
8th November 2014, 5:14 AM

if it was the other way around than it wouldve been better....and although i dont read One Piece(its way too far ahead for me to catch up) the general consensus is that One Piece>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Naruto or any other current shonen manga...hypothetically kishimoto shouldve been the one receiving the torch from Oda

ven?
8th November 2014, 5:41 AM
True, whether it was passing the torch or just giving kudos to one piece at the end, Naruto was once apart of the big 3 anime with bleach and one piece, now it's all one piece.

-Raiga-
8th November 2014, 7:24 PM
True, whether it was passing the torch or just giving kudos to one piece at the end, Naruto was once apart of the big 3 anime with bleach and one piece, now it's all one piece.

I'm pretty sure the "big three" was just an American thing.

Plus tack on the fact that shounen stuff is all North America really got for the most part. It's hard not to consider them larger than life when they're all you had to pick from.

Platinum fan.
8th November 2014, 7:34 PM

Yeah. In term of manga these are the three names I always hear. Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. I tried to get into the other two. I failed :( But Naruto was always a interesting story for me. It caught my interest during the time Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura were trying to steal a bell from Kakashi, and I officially fell in love with it during the Zabuza and Haku arc.

Lorde
8th November 2014, 8:15 PM
I sincerely doubt his rationale went any further than, "You know, wouldn't it be funny if Kiba married that girl with a lot of cats?"

Tbh, she looked so normal when I saw her in the epilogue that I thought she was a random villager at first. Alas. Kishi paired practically everyone together like some strange fan fic.

Jb
9th November 2014, 1:14 AM
Naruto's original setting and premise made it more interesting that other two at first. It seemed like everyone could possibly be useful from learning different moves and such but once Naruto started training with Jirayia the series went downhill. Then it picked back up with the Akatsuki and took a massive dive after the pain arc

greninjamaster
9th November 2014, 2:02 AM
I thought this ending was so cheezy and OOC and very rushed. I felt very robbed from the ending. All development happened off screen. The final fight was undewhelming to say the least and this series has been going downhill IMO ever since Pain arc ended.

I don't care about pairings but even I was kind of WTF'ing at Sasuke's all of a sudden turn around in 699 and Hinata was basically irrelevant to the very end, yet Naruto is married to her in the epilogue? I know there's a movie coming out but a movie should not tell the story the manga was supposed to tell. A movie is filler. Never have I seen a anime movie that was supposed to explain the ending of a manga. It just reeks of greed and trying to make a quick buck. You had 700 chapters to show us Naruto falling for Hinata and Sasuke for Sakura but you didn't SHOW that. You showed Naruto in love with Sakura till 699, I mean he even called Sakura his girlfriend to Minato. You showed Sasuke annoyed with Sakura for almost the entire manga, trying to kill her, and all of a sudden it's all okay with a forehead touch. Say what?

Then I had an issue with Naruto in the epilogue. He knows what being neglected feels like so the fact that he's doing that to his own son is really upsetting to me. Why can't he have a shadow clone help him out with his Hokage work? Although Naruto is nothing compared to Sasuke. Leaving Sakura and Salad(lol) home while he's on a quest for what enlightenment. He's the epitome of a dead beat dad and that just really...sucked to see that to say the least.

Overall I was very disappointed in the ending. Sigh and all those random couples just one after the other, some that didn't even interact in the manga. It was worse than the Harry Potter epilogue and that epilogue is hated by almost everybody in that fandom because of how cheezy and OOC it was.

HoennMaster
9th November 2014, 7:27 AM
Sakura has shown feelings for Sasuke since day one so that one at least had a little ground to stand on. TBH, I bet Kishi thought, ooh, 700....what a good number to end on. I would rather have another 100 chapters if it ended it better, but it is what it is. Still, it's a werid feeling for me. This is the first manga I've read that wasn't complete when I started reading it so it feels bittersweet that it is over.

I've heard there is a spin-off manga or something like that coming next year apparently? I wonder why he would end the series just to revive it in a couple months. Why not just keep going and end it in spring.

Red and Blue
9th November 2014, 7:39 AM
Sakura has shown feelings for Sasuke since day one so that one at least had a little ground to stand on. TBH, I bet Kishi thought, ooh, 700....what a good number to end on. I would rather have another 100 chapters if it ended it better, but it is what it is. Still, it's a werid feeling for me. This is the first manga I've read that wasn't complete when I started reading it so it feels bittersweet that it is over.

I've heard there is a spin-off manga or something like that coming next year apparently? I wonder why he would end the series just to revive it in a couple months. Why not just keep going and end it in spring.

Yeah. There is going to be a spin off focusing on the kids in spring. It's going to be a miniseries though. Unless Kishimoto decides to extend it.

Kamex
9th November 2014, 9:37 AM
Of the "big three", Naruto was always the best in my opinion. I haven't followed One Piece and Bleach much, and don't get me wrong, Naruto definitely has its flaws. But there's a reason it's the only one that kept me hooked until the very end and beyond. One Piece's style and artistic direction are interesting and unique, but inferior to Masashi Kishimoto's style (for me). And One Piece seems to kind of just keep going and going with a wealth of random, strange - sometimes useless - characters, whereas most of Naruto's characters are more interesting and relevant to me (even if they aren't always developed properly). Also, the combat, villains, plot, humor, world, characters, art, etc. are all more captivating to me than what I know of One Piece. Not to mention ninjas > pirates. :P

And Bleach isn't even close. It's almost entirely style over substance.

All of this is my opinion of course.

Poke Trainer J
9th November 2014, 10:08 AM
Naruto as an Anime/Manga series has been nothing but disappointment for me since the end of Part 1 that has failed to live up to it's full potential as the best Shonen Jump series since Dragon Ball Z, from an unnecessary 100+ episode filler gap between Part 1 and Part 2 (Naruto Shippuden), to severe inconsistencies in Kishimoto's writing in Part 2 that makes me question the series' own popularity when it doesn't even deserve most of the praise it gets in the West.

Is there anything memorable about the Naruto series that will stand the test of time compared to it's Shonen Jump predecessors to actually warrant itself as a "gateway" Anime/Manga series in the West? For me there really isn't but this is coming from someone whose "gateway" Anime/Manga series is Dragon Ball Z where Toriyama was really enthusiastic about the series he created where as Kishimoto felt disengaged. What good is writing and illustrating your own Anime/Manga series If you aren't enjoying your work?

greninjamaster
9th November 2014, 4:08 PM

There is a spin off coming out but and big BUT Kishi will not be handling it. He has confirmed this and in his place his assistant/editor will handle the property. We all know how well Dragonball GT did so...bare that in mind. Spin offs rarely are successful. Even he wants to distance himself from Naruto as much as possible. That's why I don't believe this is the ending he had in mind from the beginning. But he chose this ending for convenience sake and money. So he sold out from his real ending, very disappointing IMO.

Hopefully he doesn't pull a Rowling and regret his ending down the line like she did and come out and say it.

Shadow Lucario
9th November 2014, 5:05 PM
Of the "big three", Naruto was always the best in my opinion. I haven't followed One Piece and Bleach much, and don't get me wrong, Naruto definitely has its flaws. But there's a reason it's the only one that kept me hooked until the very end and beyond. One Piece's style and artistic direction are interesting and unique, but inferior to Masashi Kishimoto's style (for me). And One Piece seems to kind of just keep going and going with a wealth of random, strange - sometimes useless - characters, whereas most of Naruto's characters are more interesting and relevant to me (even if they aren't always developed properly). Also, the combat, villains, plot, humor, world, characters, art, etc. are all more captivating to me than what I know of One Piece. Not to mention ninjas > pirates. :P

I feel the exact same way. I read all three and One Piece does interest me, but it just doesn't click as well with me like Naruto did. The art style is different and works for the manga. There's just something about it that doesn't grab me as easily.

And Bleach isn't even close. It's almost entirely style over substance.

All of this is my opinion of course.

With Bleach, boy where do I start? The art is fantastic. Kubo is a great artist, hands down, but with Bleach, the story just doesn't seem right. There are times where I'm pretty sure Kubo makes it up as he goes along and there are times when it makes you go, "why?" I've invested too much time in it to just drop it and not see it till the end.

I liked the ending of Naruto. I don't care about pairings so none of that bothered me. I didn't start the manga for characters relationships so I couldn't care less who ended up with whom. I was surprised that Tsunade made it to the end alive. I spent over a decade reading this series and now it feels so surreal that it's all over. I applaud Kishimoto for making this series and I congratulate him on making it to 700 chapters. Now my question for him is now what? What can we expect from Kishimoto now that the Shonen giant Naruto is all over? He could do what Mashima did and write another or will he milk the series for what it's worth like they are doing with Dragon Ball?

diakyu
9th November 2014, 8:36 PM
That's why I don't believe this is the ending he had in mind from the beginning. But he chose this ending for convenience sake and money. So he sold out from his real ending, very disappointing IMO.
Please tell me you don't believe this just so you can justify some dislike you may have with the ending.

And it's a mini-series, not a spin-off.

TranquilSea
9th November 2014, 9:04 PM
I hear a lot of comments about Kishimoto selling out, and quite frankly, as someone who has followed this series for 11 years, I don't get it. The story really took a nosedive in quality after the Invasion of Pain arc, but everything after Kaguya's defeat has been solid enough to make me fall in love with the series again. There are a lot of loose ends untied (for now), but we all know writing long stories isn't Kishi's forte.

Lorde
9th November 2014, 9:10 PM
I never saw Naruto as the best of the "Big 3" manga or whatever that's called, but it was certainly a good manga, at least until the war arc. By the way, is the mini-series a manga or a novel, and will Kishi write it?

Platinum fan.
9th November 2014, 9:10 PM
For me the series did peak at the Pain Invasion arc, but not everything has been downright horrible. I did like chapter 700 for the most part and everyone knows my opinion on chapter 699. Yeah a bunch of characters are just inconsistent all the time but what can you do? The war arc had some stupid stuff in it. Mainly the Edo Tensei spamming and bringing Orochimaru back when he didn't need to return. Easily my biggest complaint of the Naruto series. Second would be them ruining my favorite Uchiha, Obito. Making him Fakedara and the real Madara some last minute super villain that Naruto's never even met before. Great move. But it's still not as bad as Orochimaru coming back. worst thing this series ever did.

TranquilSea
9th November 2014, 9:12 PM
I never saw Naruto as the best of the "Big 3" manga or whatever that's called, but it was certainly a good manga, at least until the war arc. By the way, is the mini-series a manga or a novel, and will Kishi write it?
The mini-series, focusing on the children, will be written by Kishi. That said, there seems to be a series of novels too, the first one about Kakashi, that will be written by the dude who wrote the Blood Prison movie.

diakyu
9th November 2014, 9:16 PM
And it will be a weekly serialized Manga. But I'm pretty sure it's written by his assistant (?).

Mr. Reloaded
9th November 2014, 9:19 PM

It kinda was the better of the big 3.

One Piece is great but continues to pad out and have the story go nowhere, what happened to halfway there Oda?

Bleach is beyond bad, Bleach is literally on it's last legs. It's gone on way longer that it should.

Lorde
9th November 2014, 9:54 PM
It kinda was the better of the big 3.

One Piece is great but continues to pad out and have the story go nowhere, what happened to halfway there Oda?

Bleach is beyond bad, Bleach is literally on it's last legs. It's gone on way longer that it should.

I agree about Bleach, but One Piece is consistently good in my view, whereas Naruto had consistency and pacing issues during most of Part 2.

One of my issues with Part 2 was that villages like Kusagakure and Takigakure had no real roles.

LightningMaster95
9th November 2014, 10:15 PM
from what i hear One Piece is the better of the "Big Three" because its story is more fluid, even with a giant cast they all have screen time, the fights are more realistic as most fights dont have plot shield and the characters actually develop.
in naruto the only characters who actually developed were
naruto
sasuke
shikamaru
itachi
obito(not in a good way but still)

Platinum fan.
9th November 2014, 10:35 PM
from what i hear One Piece is the better of the "Big Three" because its story is more fluid, even with a giant cast they all have screen time, the fights are more realistic as most fights dont have plot shield and the characters actually develop.
in naruto the only characters who actually developed were
naruto
sasuke
shikamaru
itachi
obito(not in a good way but still)

Hey! What about Kakashi? He started off as a arrogant elite jerk that needed a wake up call. LOl, sorry just the Kakashi fan in me talking.

I would also add Gaara and Neji to the developed list. More Gaara. I'd say he changed more then Itachi did. Itachi is the worlds greatest actor, worthy of a award. But I wouldn't say he changed that much over the course. We just learned what he was really up to. But yeah, the other names you listed are pretty accurate.

TranquilSea
9th November 2014, 10:36 PM
The main characters of One Piece have plot armour too. There have been many instances where the straw hat crew could have lost members, but didn't because it'd inconvenient the plot. As a shounen, it's not much better than Naruto. Both of them can be insanely good when they peak, and both of them can drag. The key difference, imo, is that One Piece does world building a lot better.

greninjamaster
9th November 2014, 10:50 PM
The mini-series, focusing on the children, will be written by Kishi. That said, there seems to be a series of novels too, the first one about Kakashi, that will be written by the dude who wrote the Blood Prison movie.

This is false, Kishi will not be writing part 3 this has been confirmed. His assistant will be writing part 3. Kishi is moving on.

And it will be a weekly serialized Manga. But I'm pretty sure it's written by his assistant (?).

Yes P3 which is basically just short stories will be written by his assistant. However how long will part 3 last is anyone's guess.

The fact that Kishi is not writing it does not bode well for it's longevity. We all remember Dragonball GT after all don't we?

TranquilSea
9th November 2014, 10:52 PM
This is false, Kishi will not be writing part 3 this has been confirmed. His editor will be writing part 3. Kishi is moving on.
Where has this been confirmed? I see several sites saying it, but none of them have linked to a proper source.

greninjamaster
9th November 2014, 11:00 PM
I also have to say I do not like Hinata, I think for the most part she did nothing during the manga and was useless throughout the entire thing. That being said I would not have minded NH HAD it been shown development. Which well we all know it did not get barely any development. Like I said before who ends up with who and whom sleeps with who is not something I really care for.

This guy had 700 chapters to show us Naruto falling for Hinata and he didn't do it. He had 699 chapters of Naruto in love with Sakura and then 700 was when he magically was married to Hinata? How else am I supposed to take this aside from the fact that he sold out and this was not the ending he wanted from the beginning?

Yes I know a movie is coming out to explain Naruto and Hinata but that's just the problem. Why does he need a movie? He had 700 chapters that is plenty of time to develop relationships and now all of a sudden in a movie we're gonna get flashbacks that were never brought up in the manga. Hinata is coming to the forefront because of a forced plot in the movie and in this movie Naruto will fall for Hinata. This movies been in development for 2 years, this manga has been 15 years in the making. Something's not right in this timeline if NH was always the plan. Never in the history of anime have I ever heard a MOVIE being used to explain something in the manga. Never and the reason is because movies in the anime world are highly regarded as FILLER and only used for the anime companies purpose to make money off a brand. So this movie to me reeks of making one last cheap buck off the fanbase and I'm not okay with that.

The only anime movie I watched was Pokemon The First Movie and that was because I was 9 years old and obsessed with everything Pokemon back then.

The manga should tell your story for you not a 2 hour movie.

Lorde
9th November 2014, 11:04 PM
I never really saw Kakashi as a developed character if I'm being honest. He started out as a hyped ninja who couldn't really deliver and that's basically how his character ended; his peak was when he gained Obito's full Mangekyo Sharingan and used Susano'o in my view, but that didn't last long.

Platinum fan.
9th November 2014, 11:12 PM
I never really saw Kakashi has a developed character if I'm being honest. He started out as a hyped ninja who couldn't really deliver and that's basically how his character ended; his peak was when he gained Obito's full Mangekyo Sharingan and used Susano'o in my view, but that didn't last long.

Lorde, those are fighting words! How can you say that? Kakashi is the cooliest of the cool! He didn't get super development over the series, but he did change...through his chronicles. Outside his chronicles? No, he didn't change at all. The character didn't have too. Skill wise I always thought Kakashi was great. Just not compared to the Super Freak Club, because those guys are just that. Super freaks and not ninjas. Kakashi is a true ninja.

Jb
9th November 2014, 11:32 PM
The main characters of One Piece have plot armour too. There have been many instances where the straw hat crew could have lost members, but didn't because it'd inconvenient the plot. As a shounen, it's not much better than Naruto. Both of them can be insanely good when they peak, and both of them can drag. The key difference, imo, is that One Piece does world building a lot better.

Not when it comes to losing fights. The straw hat crew constantly lost fights to stronger opponents. As far as plot armor goes, One Piece had the least amount by a huge margin

TranquilSea
9th November 2014, 11:44 PM
Not when it comes to losing fights. The straw hat crew constantly lost fights to stronger opponents. As far as plot armor goes, One Piece had the least amount by a huge margin
Point taken. That said, too often, "losing fights" isn't necessarily a reason for it being better. It's the nature of a shounen to have the protagonists win in the end, and I'm one of those who prefer it when an author doesn't beat around the bushes. Powerful attacks that seem like they can obliterate a character lose a lot of its impact when you know that character taking it will survive just because they're a key protagonist.

Kamex
10th November 2014, 12:07 AM
A lot of characters had at least a little development. Think of everyone who Naruto inspired with his undying idealism (Neji, Gaara, Tsunade, Raikage (I think), Nagato, Konan, Sasuke, etc.). Then I can also add Orochimaru since he changed a lot near the end (albeit in a random way). There's plenty of character development, I think the only problem is that there are many characters who had moments of stagnation because there was no focus on them (especially in Part II). But considering the size of the story, I think Kishi did a pretty good job.

This guy had 700 chapters to show us Naruto falling for Hinata and he didn't do it. He had 699 chapters of Naruto in love with Sakura and then 700 was when he magically was married to Hinata? How else am I supposed to take this aside from the fact that he sold out and this was not the ending he wanted from the beginning?
I took it as he didn't have that and other parts of the ending completely figured out yet. He jumped back and forth between NaruSaku and NaruHina just to keep the love triangle going, but had no clear vision for where it would end up (he was more focused on the Ten Tails and the Naruto/Senju vs. Sasuke/Uchiha plot lines, which were probably more important anyway). I could be wrong, but I don't think you can just assume that he deviated from some initially planned ending. Either way he's at fault though; he should have planned something and he should have stuck with it.

As for the miniseries, can't remember if I already said this, but I'm guessing there's a possibility that Kishi wants to make it a full-length series. Like he's testing the waters. I think it would be difficult to maintain the same quality of story considering chapter 700's Utopian-like world and mostly recycled characters, but there were also bits of potential in the final chapter too.

Void Ventus
10th November 2014, 1:16 AM
Finally decided to read the last two chapters last night. Was that Orochimaru stalking Sasuke, or Karin? Sarada has Karin's stalkerish attitude, and why have glasses when her parents don't? Maybe Karin is most likely like an aunt now, and her attitude probably washed off into her. Having children in Ch700 despite the undeveloped relationships was most likely caused by the baby boomers effect that we also experienced in real life after WWII. This would make sense for pairings like Sai x Ino and Choji x Karui, whom only had about 2-3 years of relationship to progress enough to have children.

The near decade long timeskip from The Last to Chapter 700 is gonna be beneficial to telling side stories of life post war. Personally, I'd love the anime to do stories in this gap. Maybe have one gag episode where all the women say they're pregnant. Of course it's not a gag since they have children, but more like exaggerate the men's reactions. How would Shikamaru react if Temari told him he was pregnant? Lee has a son, so maybe have a gag where Lee and Gai are feeling old and have them do one of their manly cry again. Or maybe just show life in the village now that almost everyone has settled, and all is at peace again.

Btw, what was up with the city full of buildings above Konoha? Amegakure also has buildings, but they don't look very modern. They have shown TVs, camera monitors, and even electricity, but now Naruto has a laptop? Is there an Apple Store also somewhere in the village? The village below is all wood, yet just above the mountain heads is most likely a booming city made of concrete and steel. Will I see Kiba driving around in a Lambo to impress his cat lover girlfriend?

greninjamaster
10th November 2014, 1:16 AM
A lot of characters had at least a little development. Think of everyone who Naruto inspired with his undying idealism (Neji, Gaara, Tsunade, Raikage (I think), Nagato, Konan, Sasuke, etc.). Then I can also add Orochimaru since he changed a lot near the end (albeit in a random way). There's plenty of character development, I think the only problem is that there are many characters who had moments of stagnation because there was no focus on them (especially in Part II). But considering the size of the story, I think Kishi did a pretty good job.

I took it as he didn't have that and other parts of the ending completely figured out yet. He jumped back and forth between NaruSaku and NaruHina just to keep the love triangle going, but had no clear vision for where it would end up (he was more focused on the Ten Tails and the Naruto/Senju vs. Sasuke/Uchiha plot lines, which were probably more important anyway). I could be wrong, but I don't think you can just assume that he deviated from some initially planned ending. Either way he's at fault though; he should have planned something and he should have stuck with it.

As for the miniseries, can't remember if I already said this, but I'm guessing there's a possibility that Kishi wants to make it a full-length series. Like he's testing the waters. I think it would be difficult to maintain the same quality of story considering chapter 700's Utopian-like world and mostly recycled characters, but there were also bits of potential in the final chapter too.

Kishi will not be participating in part 3. He's already confirmed this. He's distancing himself from Naruto. His assistant will handle part 3.

Jb
10th November 2014, 1:31 AM
so did gaara get his beast back or what

Lorde
10th November 2014, 1:50 AM
So aside from revealing jutsu names, character birthdays and nature types, did the 4th databook reveal any new interesting tidbits of information?

Mr. Reloaded
10th November 2014, 1:53 AM

I don't think so.

TranquilSea
10th November 2014, 1:55 AM
Kishi will not be participating in part 3. He's already confirmed this. He's distancing himself from Naruto. His assistant will handle part 3.
Once again, I'm going to have to ask for a source. The last ANN article (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-07/naruto-gets-special-before-the-last-naruto-the-movie-opens/.80810) I read points out that a "new mini-series by Kishimoto" "will launch next spring."

Shneak
10th November 2014, 3:40 AM

No. That would go against the freedom the Sage wanted to establish by having Naruto be the only jinchuuriki.

Jb
10th November 2014, 3:59 AM
Didn't B get his back?

Void Ventus
10th November 2014, 5:04 AM
Didn't B get his back?

Naruto is the only Jinchuuriki left. Gyūki is still with B, but no longer inside him. How awesome is it having a giant octopus bull thing following you around?

Anyone have any opinions on the modern buildings above Konoha? They're clearly in the same vicinity, so it's weird having a village made of wood, yet just by looking up, you have a city built with concrete and steel. Giant change right in front of your eyes.

Lorde
10th November 2014, 5:11 AM
Naruto is the only Jinchuuriki left. Gyūki is still with B, but no longer inside him. How awesome is it having a giant octopus bull thing following you around?

But the Hachibi appeared in B's inner mind as usual while he was meditating at the Falls of Truth. :confused:

Void Ventus
10th November 2014, 7:18 AM
But the Hachibi appeared in B's inner mind as usual while he was meditating at the Falls of Truth. :confused:

Hmm yeah he does. So when he said he's gonna stay with B, it was to stay inside him rather than something like living in the lake just outside the Cloud Village.

HoennMaster
10th November 2014, 7:47 AM
I was surprised that Tsunade made it to the end alive.

I'm glad she did partly just to spite the people who keep speculating when she was going to die. My only problem with her being alive is how she retired as Hokage. I realize she is in her mid-50's, but Kakashi clearly retired not too many years after becoming Hokage as well. Three short spanning Hokages in a row just bugs me a tad.

And it's a mini-series, not a spin-off.

....................A spin-off can be a mini-series.........................

Maybe have one gag episode where all the women say they're pregnant

I'm disappointed no one has put together a pregnant meme for chapter 700 yet. Wait to fail internet!

Void Ventus
10th November 2014, 9:25 AM
I'm glad she did partly just to spite the people who keep speculating when she was going to die. My only problem with her being alive is how she retired as Hokage. I realize she is in her mid-50's, but Kakashi clearly retired not too many years after becoming Hokage as well. Three short spanning Hokages in a row just bugs me a tad.

I'm disappointed no one has put together a pregnant meme for chapter 700 yet. Wait to fail internet!
Tsunade did create prosthetic arms for Sasuke and Naruto, so maybe she decided to quit being a Hokage and go back to advancing her medical researches. It's a good thing she's half Senju, half Uzumaki, or else she'd be feeling her age. As for Kakashi, he's most likely in his early 40s by Chapter 700. That's still very young. Even Hiruzen was still rocking as Hokage at his early age 50s before passing on the title to Minato. There doesn't seem to be much reason for having a successor so early when he was still young and capable, and there was peace in the world that he didn't need Naruto to protect the village.

I can see a Dolan meme where he goes in and sees everyone had children. There have been so many Bolt/Himawari/Sarada fanart. One that cracked me up was Bolt movie poster parody (the cartoon one about the dog named Bolt). Chouchou being the hamster was gold.

I wonder who Lee married. Tenten or some other unknown girl? He deserves someone hot for surviving being a ninja who can only use Taijutsu and managing to kick Madara right in the kisser. It looks like other than Asuma and Kurenai, none of Kakashi's generation bore children. I would have been fine with Kakashi x Shizune or Anko, but nothing happened. Shizune is the Hokage's assistant once again, ad Anko are too much dumpling and became a normal Academy Teacher. Gai became handicapped, and Ao and Genma and all the other Jonins aren't important enough to have development.

J Ken
10th November 2014, 4:19 PM
I also have to say I do not like Hinata, I think for the most part she did nothing during the manga and was useless throughout the entire thing. That being said I would not have minded NH HAD it been shown development. Which well we all know it did not get barely any development. Like I said before who ends up with who and whom sleeps with who is not something I really care for.

Yes I know a movie is coming out to explain Naruto and Hinata but that's just the problem. Why does he need a movie? He had 700 chapters that is plenty of time to develop relationships and now all of a sudden in a movie we're gonna get flashbacks that were never brought up in the manga. Hinata is coming to the forefront because of a forced plot in the movie and in this movie Naruto will fall for Hinata. This movies been in development for 2 years, this manga has been 15 years in the making. Something's not right in this timeline if NH was always the plan. Never in the history of anime have I ever heard a MOVIE being used to explain something in the manga. Never and the reason is because movies in the anime world are highly regarded as FILLER and only used for the anime companies purpose to make money off a brand. So this movie to me reeks of making one last cheap buck off the fanbase and I'm not okay with that.

The only anime movie I watched was Pokemon The First Movie and that was because I was 9 years old and obsessed with everything Pokemon back then.

The manga should tell your story for you not a 2 hour movie.

According to this (http://ajw.asahi.com/article/cool_japan/style/AJ201411100011) interview Kishi clearly admits himself that there wasn't as much romance because he isn't good at it and is embarrassed when he tries. Along with that there is someone on the production team of The Last that has actual experience with romantic films so that also explains why they saved the romance for this film.

From the same interview Kishi also says that he will continue releasing Naruto chapters in spring so it's safe to say that he'll be involved with the mini-series.

EmphaticPikachu
10th November 2014, 8:50 PM
...I dont know why but I find the fact Kishi gets embarrassed about romance to be adorable.

Lorde
10th November 2014, 9:03 PM
According to this (http://ajw.asahi.com/article/cool_japan/style/AJ201411100011) interview Kishi clearly admits himself that there wasn't as much romance because he isn't good at it and is embarrassed when he tries. Along with that there is someone on the production team of The Last that has actual experience with romantic films so that also explains why they saved the romance for this film.

So does his lack of experience with romance subplots explain why he paired up Sakura with Sasuke, aka the guy who tried to kill her?

Pokegirl Fan~
10th November 2014, 9:13 PM
So does his lack of experience with romance subplots explain why he paired up Sakura with Sasuke, aka the guy who tried to kill her?

I think that may be the most logical reason. SakuraXSasuke may have not been developed properly, but you do have to admit that it had at least some kind of build up, even if it was poorly done, compared to the other Sasuke shippings.

Void Ventus
11th November 2014, 2:59 AM

Would it count as a SasuSaku denial if I say I don't think Sarada is Sakura's biological daughter? Granted we've only seen a few pages of her, but other than her "SHAAAAAANNAROOOO!", she's very reminiscent of Karin. I don't think Sasuke is cheating on Sakura, but rather he met Karin during his redemption journey, and came back to Konoha with her child and decide to marry Sakura.

Mr. Reloaded
11th November 2014, 3:05 AM
Or maybe Sarada is just an ironic child.

You'd think she'd look like either her father or mother, but she actually looks like a friend of the father who was also madly in love with him.

Just a guess, don't take it too seriously.

Kamex
11th November 2014, 3:12 AM
Sarada looks like Sakura with black hair and glasses (look at her bangs too). The Karin resemblance is almost surely a coincidence. I don't think Kishi put as much thought and creativity in this final chapter as he should have (although I personally like Sasuke and Sarada's ch. 700 character designs).

Also, I really like that Rock Lee looks the same except for his buffed-out arms. And has anyone ever seen Shikamaru with his hair down? Perhaps at a hot spring...?

Red and Blue
11th November 2014, 3:55 AM
Would it count as a SasuSaku denial if I say I don't think Sarada is Sakura's biological daughter? Granted we've only seen a few pages of her, but other than her "SHAAAAAANNAROOOO!", she's very reminiscent of Karin. I don't think Sasuke is cheating on Sakura, but rather he met Karin during his redemption journey, and came back to Konoha with her child and decide to marry Sakura.

Sasuke implied that he started to grow feelings for Sakura at the end of 699. It would definitely be cheating on Sasuke's part.

Besides, raising Karin's child would only make Sakura more pathetic. Don't you think she would have enough self respect not to raise the child of the woman who Sasuke cheated on her with?

Lorde
11th November 2014, 4:05 AM
Sarada looks like Sakura with black hair and glasses (look at her bangs too). The Karin resemblance is almost surely a coincidence. I don't think Kishi put as much thought and creativity in this final chapter as he should have (although I personally like Sasuke and Sarada's ch. 700 character designs).

Sasuke looked too much like a young Madara in my opinion, so I wasn't a fan of his design, and I'm irked that he's basically left Sakura with their kid while he wanders around.

Kamex
11th November 2014, 4:30 AM
Sasuke looked too much like a young Madara in my opinion, so I wasn't a fan of his design, and I'm irked that he's basically left Sakura with their kid while he wanders around.
Yeah he does look like Madara, I didn't think of that. Maybe that's why I liked it - I always liked Madara's design. I don't want them to look too much like each other, but it does make sense for Sasuke to have the emo one-eye bang, since he has a Rinnegan that I presume he can't deactivate.

Sasuke does seem like the type to go off wandering rather than just come back and pretend like nothing happened. In fact, this might have been Kishi's way of showing that Sasuke didn't make a complete 180 so suddenly after all, but had the wisdom to go out and get some peace of mind from time to time. I guess it makes him seem like a deadbeat dad, but I want more details before I blame him.

Void Ventus
11th November 2014, 4:43 AM
Or maybe Sarada is just an ironic child.

You'd think she'd look like either her father or mother, but she actually looks like a friend of the father who was also madly in love with him.

Just a guess, don't take it too seriously.
My other comment also has this thought. Except I likened Karin to a relative that sometimes visited, and so Sarada started becoming like her. Her glasses could just be because she's an Uchiha that very unfortunately has bad eyesight, but her stalker attitude definitely came from someone, and that's not from her parents.

Sasuke implied that he started to grow feelings for Sakura at the end of 699. It would definitely be cheating on Sasuke's part.

Besides, raising Karin's child would only make Sakura more pathetic. Don't you think she would have enough self respect not to raise the child of the woman who Sasuke cheated on her with?
Technically, he wouldn't be cheating. They weren't in a relationship whatsoever at the end of 699, just that Sakura had strong feelings for him. Karin also has strong feelings for him, and since Sasuke isn't an A-hole anymore, maybe he listened to Karin's love and gave her sympathy. I'm fine with SasuSaku either way. just having some unfounded speculation. I wonder if Taka and Oro and Kabuto are also pardoned along with Sasuke or not?

Sasuke looking like Madara without the awesome long spiky hair is fine. His bang being on the opposite side to cover his Rinnegan is a nice touch. I love his adult facial design much more than Naruto's. Naruto and Sasuke being both neglectful parents is funny.

Red and Blue
11th November 2014, 4:48 AM
My other comment also has this thought. Except I likened Karin to a relative that sometimes visited, and so Sarada started becoming like her. Her glasses could just be because she's an Uchiha that very unfortunately has bad eyesight, but her stalker attitude definitely came from someone, and that's not from her parents.

Technically, he wouldn't be cheating. They weren't in a relationship whatsoever at the end of 699, just that Sakura had strong feelings for him. Karin also has strong feelings for him, and since Sasuke isn't an A-hole anymore, maybe he listened to Karin's love and gave her sympathy. I'm fine with SasuSaku either way. just having some unfounded speculation. I wonder if Taka and Oro and Kabuto are also pardoned along with Sasuke or not?

Sasuke looking like Madara without the awesome long spiky hair is fine. His bang being on the opposite side to cover his Rinnegan is a nice touch. I love his adult facial design much more than Naruto's. Naruto and Sasuke being both neglectful parents is funny.

Except Sasuke implied that he was starting to grow feelings for Sakura through the forehead poke. It doesn't matter if they are in a relationship or not. It would be a great insult to Sakura if he came back with Karin's kid after misleading her

Void Ventus
11th November 2014, 5:15 AM
Except Sasuke implied that he was starting to grow feelings for Sakura through the forehead poke. It doesn't matter if they are in a relationship or not. It would be a great insult to Sakura if he came back with Karin's kid after misleading her

Well, he did decide to marry Sakura in the end. But yeah, I agree. Having someone else's baby after implying some sort of relationship to another girl is a dbag move. That would just be a giant slap to Sakura's face after giving her a bit of hope.

Red and Blue
11th November 2014, 5:25 AM
Well, he did decide to marry Sakura in the end. But yeah, I agree. Having someone else's baby after implying some sort of relationship to another girl is a dbag move. That would just be a giant slap to Sakura's face after giving her a bit of hope.

Which is why Karin being Sarada's biological mother is so wrong as it only ruins Sakura's character even more.

greninjamaster
11th November 2014, 5:38 AM
So I think it's very clear from Kishi's new interview that the one thing he had planned was the Naruto vs Sasuke fight.

I got to tell you the fact that Kishi said he's embarassed to write any romance scenes just shows that he should have never done that. It showed a big weakness and it's probably the fact that he just followed what people told him to do in the last two chapters.

His vision was the Naruto vs Sasuke fight the romances were not in that vision going from the latest interview. Interesting because the pairings he chose had little to no development at all. I mean Sasusaku was just awful and Naruhina for the most part was non-existent and then the other pairings just happened off screen.

IDK. He said he's not good at writing romances yet he promotes the new movie as a romance. Something is contradictory here. Is he subtly saying the movies gonna suck? Or is he just you know full of it? Probably both but IDK I've never watched an anime movie aside from the first Pokemon Movie because it's all filler and it's used to make a quick buck off a franchise. So the fact that he has this movie to explain what happens in the manga to me is more than enough evidence to prove he's a sell out. He's been writing this for 15 years, the movie has been in development for 2. Yeah that to me is a big red sign that somethings are not adding up.

A movie should never tell your story for you, period.

EmphaticPikachu
11th November 2014, 6:12 AM
IDK. He said he's not good at writing romances yet he promotes the new movie as a romance.
he wanted the romance but he never felt confident enough in his ability to write romance, that's why whenever he did it he usually dropped it.

And now this movie has other people on board that have done romance before so he's likely handing that job over to them, as he wants it but doesn't trust himself to do it correctly.

Wise choice, though I think he could have just gotten advice from someone instead of jumping to the big screen. zzz

Kamex
11th November 2014, 6:14 AM
A movie should never tell your story for you, period.
I dunno... I'd say that's just opinion. I kind of agree that I wish he explored and developed the relationships more throughout the manga, but he said himself that it isn't his strong suit, and it's not really the main focus of the series anyway. If this were a romance, then he failed pretty bad. But romance was just a side element to compliment the main story. And he has other people working on the movie as well, so the movie gets to actually focus on romance.

So... basically this all could have been done way better, but at the end of the day I'm not too worried about how NaruHina and SasuSaku happened and I'm looking forward to the movie.

Joltik-Kid
11th November 2014, 6:22 AM
I just wanna say the fact Kishimoto isn't even writing part 3 speaks volumes of how done he was with this series... 699 and 700 were far to rushed to be considered good in my eyes

Void Ventus
11th November 2014, 7:54 AM
Which is why Karin being Sarada's biological mother is so wrong as it only ruins Sakura's character even more.
At least Sakura got character development. Shino never got to fight
•in the final Chuunin exam because Kankuro forfeited
•during the Sasuke Retrieval arc because he was on a different mission
•an Akatsuki member
•Naruto
Also, he's now a lowly Academy teacher who will probably become alone and lonely like Iruka. No matter how awesome his Ch700 shades are, there's no denying Shino deserved much better.

I just wanna say the fact Kishimoto isn't even writing part 3 speaks volumes of how done he was with this series... 699 and 700 were far to rushed to be considered good in my eyes

Is Mario even still going? I've never heard anyone talk about it and it was probably created last year.

Joltik-Kid
11th November 2014, 7:56 AM
Is Mario even still going? I've never heard anyone talk about it and it was probably created last year.
I have no clue honestly

Lorde
11th November 2014, 7:59 AM
Is Mario even still going?

No, it was a one-shot just like Bench. I wonder what his plans are now that Naruto is over though; maybe he'll actually turn his one-shots into full series.

Void Ventus
11th November 2014, 8:27 AM
No, it was a one-shot just like Bench. I wonder what his plans are now that Naruto is over though; maybe he'll actually turn his one-shots into full series.

Ahh were both Mario and Bench good at least?

I'd be perfectly fine if he does decide to come back for Part 3. Toriyama also worked at Square after finishing DBZ drawing various copy and pasted pallete swaps of Goku, Gohan, and Trunks for the extremely popular Dragon Quest, so he had more work. What does Kishi have on the side? Besides, I don't think Jump has a replacement for Naruto, so gotta milk that cow (one that I would keep drinking from).

*Edited because I was going on a hate rant about Akira Toriyama not knowing how to draw different characters

Platinum fan.
12th November 2014, 2:47 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I would have liked to have seen Naruto with his own Genin squad of three before he became Hokage. It's something I would have wanted in a part 3 if one ever happened. But Naruto's Hokage now so that likely isn't going to happen. Oh well.

Kamex
12th November 2014, 4:34 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I would have liked to have seen Naruto with his own Genin squad of three before he became Hokage. It's something I would have wanted in a part 3 if one ever happened. But Naruto's Hokage now so that likely isn't going to happen. Oh well.
It would be cool if he used his signature Shadow Clones to do both at the same time, as well as going on missions! That would be some next-level stuff and it would set him apart from all the other Hokage.

Void Ventus
12th November 2014, 7:38 AM
Hashirama was still the Hokage when he and Tobirama trained Hiruzen and the other two counsellors. Hiruzen was also Hokage when he trained the Sannin.

It would be cool if he used his signature Shadow Clones to do both at the same time, as well as going on missions! That would be some next-level stuff and it would set him apart from all the other Hokage.
The least he can do is make a clone to actually play with his son instead of neglecting him. Nowadays, Naruto just drinks booze (something a Kushina told him to avoid) in his office probably downloading and watching cat videos on his brand new laptop.

Akashin
12th November 2014, 1:58 PM
Hashirama was still the Hokage when he and Tobirama trained Hiruzen and the other two counsellors. Hiruzen was also Hokage when he trained the Sannin.

Tsunade and Sakura was a thing, too.

Platinum fan.
12th November 2014, 2:01 PM

That would be mind blowing and insanely cool if Naruto used his clones to multi task like that. Being a teacher, leader, and hopefully a better parent. That would be cool to see. I always wondered what kind of students Naruto would have, or what students would benefit Naruto growth.

I forgot about Hiruzen. With Hashirama it was a different time, Konoha probably didn't have too many super elite shinobi at the time. The village was in it's early years right? But with Hiruzen, I guess that's true.

XanderCage
12th November 2014, 3:10 PM

This. This is exactly how I was hoping a Part 3 would be if we got one. I really wanted to see Naruto as a teacher and sensei. Him leading a mission with genin would be great. We already know he can be a good teacher (teach Konohamaru the rasengan) it would be cool to show him passing down some skills to another generation of unrelated genin.

Jb
12th November 2014, 4:35 PM
How to get laid. Examine all the chicks in your village, pick one. Call her annoying, mistreat the **** out of her, torment her mentally and emotionally, attempt to kill her multiple times. Threaten to destroy her village. Do a complete 180. Apologize to her. Leave the village again and tell her *** to stay put. Get laid.

I'm still having a hard time processing this. I'll probably check out part 3 though. I hope the series doesn't drag on too long though, just enough to tie up loose ends

Joltik-Kid
12th November 2014, 8:07 PM

The least he can do is make a clone to actually play with his son instead of neglecting him. Nowadays, Naruto just drinks booze (something a Kushina told him to avoid) in his office probably downloading and watching cat videos on his brand new laptop.
Someone gets it... just one of the many flaws that no one will agree with me about this ending.

How to get laid. Examine all the chicks in your village, pick one. Call her annoying, mistreat the **** out of her, torment her mentally and emotionally, attempt to kill her multiple times. Threaten to destroy her village. Do a complete 180. Apologize to her. Leave the village again and tell her *** to stay put. Get laid.

I'm still having a hard time processing this. I'll probably check out part 3 though. I hope the series doesn't drag on too long though, just enough to tie up loose ends
We'll never comprehend it...

It's a mini-series, no way it's gonna tie up many loose ends considering it's focusing on the new generation

Lorde
12th November 2014, 8:47 PM

I've never thought of him as a teacher-esque character, so I'm glad that Kishi didn't go with that route and instead made Naruto the Hokage without showing Naruto with his own squad.

Platinum fan.
12th November 2014, 8:57 PM
I've never thought of him as a teacher-esque character, so I'm glad that Kishi didn't go with that route and instead made Naruto the Hokage without showing Naruto with his own squad.

Well I never thought of Naruto as a world peace maker in Part 1. Yet here he is spreading the world peace junk everywhere. Naruto with his own squad could have lead to major character development and evolution for Naruto. And if you don't think he's material to lead a squad, then why are you glad they just made him Hokage? It's the same thing on a grander scale.

Lorde
12th November 2014, 9:39 PM
Well I never thought of Naruto as a world peace maker in Part 1. Yet here he is spreading the world peace junk everywhere. Naruto with his own squad could have lead to major character development and evolution for Naruto. And if you don't think he's material to lead a squad, then why are you glad they just made him Hokage? It's the same thing on a grander scale.

I don't think leading a squad of rookie ninja is a prerequisite for being Hokage; I don't recall Tsunade ever commanding a Genin squad for instance. Naruto could still be a great leader even if he didn't have his own Genin running around with him imho.

LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin
12th November 2014, 9:50 PM

I have the feeling The Last movie would explain that. I think in some moment, Naruto takes the leadership of the rescue squad (most probably after the realization of him not being alone all his whole life) and Kakashi would take note of that.

Platinum fan.
12th November 2014, 10:08 PM
I don't think leading a squad of rookie ninja is a prerequisite for being Hokage; I don't recall Tsunade ever commanding a Genin squad for instance. Naruto could still be a great leader even if he didn't have his own Genin running around with him imho.

I didn't say it was a prerequisite. I just wanted it to show the evolution of Naruto. The whole thing about Naruto not seemingly being a character able to lead is exactly why they probably should have done it to show the character's change. To see something new from the character. He's basically going from the war to Hokage as far as we're seeing it anyway.

Mr. Reloaded
12th November 2014, 10:22 PM
They're leaving the movie to fill in too many gaps the manga didn't fill.

I don't like that.

Void Ventus
12th November 2014, 11:08 PM
星の器 (Star Vessel) full song up with Spanish and English translations (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=neTLKEPR3ko)

Does Hinata sing in the movie? I want to hear her sing.

They're leaving the movie to fill in too many gaps the manga didn't fill.

I don't like that.

Just think of it like DB Battle of the Gods. It's a canonical entry in movie format, takes place between the last two chapters, introduces a Kai but one we've never seen or heard of before, and Videl is preggo.

TsukiMirage
13th November 2014, 4:01 PM
Chp 699: As far as things go, that was a fitting conclusion to the final arc. Some things could have been better, but given the way Kishi wanted events to go, it ended pretty good. While I was never a big fan of their tight bond, I will say I enjoyed how it got resolved and reaffirmed here. Good chapter.

Chp 700: This chapter was kind of a let down from the last one. The majority of these pairings made no sense and lacked any kind of build-up, no clue on what the likes of Orochimaru was doing (since he clearly wouldn't just stop being bad), and more important for me, no explanation on how the ninja system is still in use. Wasn't the whole idea for Naruto to change the system? Doesn't seem like anything changed, meaning the problems that were there will still be there. At best, he's merely delaying any conflict.

Also, I do and will always believe that Sarada is actually Karin's daughter - that look...

Lorde
13th November 2014, 10:08 PM
I didn't say it was a prerequisite. I just wanted it to show the evolution of Naruto. The whole thing about Naruto not seemingly being a character able to lead is exactly why they probably should have done it to show the character's change. To see something new from the character. He's basically going from the war to Hokage as far as we're seeing it anyway.

Tbh, I'd just rather not see him struggle with a Genin squad of his own, period; I had my fill of Genin back in Part 1 anyway if I'm being honest.

Nodame
13th November 2014, 11:09 PM
I feel like its been forever since I last posted in here.. okay, so where should I start?

All I have to say is that I have never EVER been more disappointed in my entire life. Development, hints. parallels, foreshadows. I guess they really didn’t count after all. He’s trying to justify a ship that had zero development in the manga. A movie is not enough to hide what you have written in your story Kishimoto..

Sakura:
I still like some aspect of her character, but people don’t put up with this kind of blush**. After being rejected again and again, people do not go running back to their abuser. WHY? Why did you have to turn out like this? Naruto LOVED you..you know? He did it from the bottom of his heart, if he has anyone who loved.. it was you girl. Forget Naruhina and all the other bullcrap pairing, Sakura should NOT want to be anywhere near Sasuke! and this chapter goes to show that Kishimoto is bad at writing romance. So Naruto and Sakura don’t even get to talk?Especially after everything they went through together? where is the development? and fangirl Sakura is back? because of a guy who insulted her, abused and tried to kill her three times? I’m so done. He has just endorsed domestic violence to teenagers. Heroine? really? Seriously, Kishi downgraded Sakura’s character so much. So much potential for Sakura’s character, and all was destroyed by Kishi himself. Disgusting.

Naruhina:
I guess, I’m just going to follow Hinata’s footsteps. If I like guy, I’m going to stalk him, faint whenever he’s around, blush and sutter his name ever time he’s near me and confess before I suicide for him. That’ll get him to fall for me ^_^ .. Seriously, we see him suddenly married to Hinata? How? When did he ever thought about her in that way? There is no scene that SUGGESTS Naruto is romantically in love with her. I know THE LAST is going to show how he magically fell in love with her, but this really CAN’T justify something that has never even hinted in the story. If Kishi really wanted Naruto and Hinata as the final pairing, wouldn’t he have shown it more live in the manga? Wouldn’t he have given him at least one word with each other in the final chapter and epilogue of his life’s work? Like “sorry I didn’t develop your ships in the manga and they have close to zero interactions, here take a movie instead”
it is just the worse thing ever Kishi could asspull from his mind. A movie to develop the poor interaction between Naruto and Hinata that he couldn’t put into his ORIGNAL work, and perhaps to develop the love story between Sakura and Sasuke as the secondary plot too. sigh… its just an endless sequence of asspulls. Especially after he puts so many NS hints over the years.

These are not the Naruto and Sakura I knew and loved. I can’t describe hoe terribly they became, I just can’t recognize them anymore. Their own personal development was thrown from the window and nuked to give a half a**ed excuse for this epilogue. How am I supposed to love it? Naruto neglects his son and Sakura became a housewife. Wow that’s really rewarding. And what about Sasuke? All of a sudden loves Sakura? Since when and don’t get me started on Naruto. He loved Sakura (DB confirmed it)....I guess his nindo is "to give up" :x

There are messages in this series that Kishi is obviously trying to covey to us readers. No point in trying to come up with poor excuse for it. These pairing don’t feel earned at all. Its not even the ships happening that pisses me off the most, its that lack of mutual development. I’m so done with this manga. I’m done defending Sakura, or trying to figure out why Naruto is even a hero. Kishi copped out. Everything was rushed. No POAL, Sasuke immediately forgiven and random pairing for everyone. This is what happens when you sell yourself to popularity demand. Kishimoto’s convinced him to change the pairing into NH/SS because of it huge popularity (I’m certain Kishi originally wanted NS). Whatever though, as far as I’m concerned Naruto is dead to me.

Platinum fan.
14th November 2014, 2:56 AM
Tbh, I'd just rather not see him struggle with a Genin squad of his own, period; I had my fill of Genin back in Part 1 anyway if I'm being honest.

While I respect your opinion, I'd take Naruto with a Genin squad over him having a son with the same exact design as him. For a series like Naruto, I think that would have been a more fitting end to Naruto's character before he became Hokage. Show on panel Naruto doing that dumb little bell test that seems to pass on from generation to generation. Show Naruto watching his students in the Chunin Exam, show them going on a mission together to promote world peace, they graduate and form their own squads. Show Naruto's bonds with the Konoha eleven and show them as the new top Jonin of the village. Then end it with Naruto being sworn in as Hokage and everyone being there. I didn't really need "Repopulation No Jutsu" for a ending, because romance in Naruto has never been important and to shove it in last minute for your last chapter was weird for characters that previously weren't looking for love. But that's just me. I still enjoyed chapter 700 though. Especially the Gokage.

Speaking of Naruto's son, I really wish they had given him Kushina's hair. That would have been the best. At least he wouldn't look like Naruto 2.0. I mean everyone else mostly has both sides from their mother and father. Why not Bolt? I'm not trying to hate on Bolt, but I hope they update his design for the kiddies spinoff. By the way they'll probably be Genin too. So you're still getting Genin :)

LightningMaster95
14th November 2014, 3:39 AM
i wouldve liked to see him raise his own genin squad before becoming hokage since you get to see his leadership and what he learned from being part of team 7

I feel like its been forever since I last posted in here.. okay, so where should I start?

All I have to say is that I have never EVER been more disappointed in my entire life. Development, hints. parallels, foreshadows. I guess they really didn’t count after all. He’s trying to justify a ship that had zero development in the manga. A movie is not enough to hide what you have written in your story Kishimoto..

Sakura:
I still like some aspect of her character, but people don’t put up with this kind of blush**. After being rejected again and again, people do not go running back to their abuser. WHY? Why did you have to turn out like this? Naruto LOVED you..you know? He did it from the bottom of his heart, if he has anyone who loved.. it was you girl. Forget Naruhina and all the other bullcrap pairing, Sakura should NOT want to be anywhere near Sasuke! and this chapter goes to show that Kishimoto is bad at writing romance. So Naruto and Sakura don’t even get to talk?Especially after everything they went through together? where is the development? and fangirl Sakura is back? because of a guy who insulted her, abused and tried to kill her three times? I’m so done. He has just endorsed domestic violence to teenagers. Heroine? really? Seriously, Kishi downgraded Sakura’s character so much. So much potential for Sakura’s character, and all was destroyed by Kishi himself. Disgusting.

Naruhina:
I guess, I’m just going to follow Hinata’s footsteps. If I like guy, I’m going to stalk him, faint whenever he’s around, blush and sutter his name ever time he’s near me and confess before I suicide for him. That’ll get him to fall for me ^_^ .. Seriously, we see him suddenly married to Hinata? How? When did he ever thought about her in that way? There is no scene that SUGGESTS Naruto is romantically in love with her. I know THE LAST is going to show how he magically fell in love with her, but this really CAN’T justify something that has never even hinted in the story. If Kishi really wanted Naruto and Hinata as the final pairing, wouldn’t he have shown it more live in the manga? Wouldn’t he have given him at least one word with each other in the final chapter and epilogue of his life’s work? Like “sorry I didn’t develop your ships in the manga and they have close to zero interactions, here take a movie instead”
it is just the worse thing ever Kishi could asspull from his mind. A movie to develop the poor interaction between Naruto and Hinata that he couldn’t put into his ORIGNAL work, and perhaps to develop the love story between Sakura and Sasuke as the secondary plot too. sigh… its just an endless sequence of asspulls. Especially after he puts so many NS hints over the years.

These are not the Naruto and Sakura I knew and loved. I can’t describe hoe terribly they became, I just can’t recognize them anymore. Their own personal development was thrown from the window and nuked to give a half a**ed excuse for this epilogue. How am I supposed to love it? Naruto neglects his son and Sakura became a housewife. Wow that’s really rewarding. And what about Sasuke? All of a sudden loves Sakura? Since when and don’t get me started on Naruto. He loved Sakura (DB confirmed it)....I guess his nindo is "to give up" :x

There are messages in this series that Kishi is obviously trying to covey to us readers. No point in trying to come up with poor excuse for it. These pairing don’t feel earned at all. Its not even the ships happening that pisses me off the most, its that lack of mutual development. I’m so done with this manga. I’m done defending Sakura, or trying to figure out why Naruto is even a hero. Kishi copped out. Everything was rushed. No POAL, Sasuke immediately forgiven and random pairing for everyone. This is what happens when you sell yourself to popularity demand. Kishimoto’s convinced him to change the pairing into NH/SS because of it huge popularity (I’m certain Kishi originally wanted NS). Whatever though, as far as I’m concerned Naruto is dead to me.

1. calm down its a manga with fictional characters
2.tell me the chapter where naruto states to love sakura and no implying or reading in between the lines
3. kishimoto has stated that the ending is how he wanted it since the beginning
3 1/2. because of that^^^ he wanted naruhina canon since the beginning
4. kishimoto has said that he is bad at romance because he is embarrassed by it not that he cant do it
5. this is a shounen fighting manga so if you were only interested in pairings than you should have read another manga that has only to do with romance

Akashin
14th November 2014, 5:27 AM
i wouldve liked to see him raise his own genin squad before becoming hokage since you get to see his leadership and what he learned from being part of team 7

1. calm down its a manga with fictional characters
2.tell me the chapter where naruto states to love sakura and no implying or reading in between the lines
3. kishimoto has stated that the ending is how he wanted it since the beginning
3 1/2. because of that^^^ he wanted naruhina canon since the beginning
4. kishimoto has said that he is bad at romance because he is embarrassed by it not that he cant do it
5. this is a shounen fighting manga so if you were only interested in pairings than you should have read another manga that has only to do with romance

I'm not going to get into the rest of this because frankly I don't give a damn (though I'm confused as to why you're asking for a flat out admission of love and discounting implications) but, out of curiosity, where was this said? I know he's more or less satisfied with the ending he's written, but where did he say it's as he intended from the very beginning?

LightningMaster95
14th November 2014, 3:20 PM
I'm not going to get into the rest of this because frankly I don't give a damn (though I'm confused as to why you're asking for a flat out admission of love and discounting implications) but, out of curiosity, where was this said? I know he's more or less satisfied with the ending he's written, but where did he say it's as he intended from the very beginning?
well the first part is that since its naruhina is canon everything that "relates to narusaku" is invalid unless it was outright stated in the manga...for the ending part i admit i did exagerrate a bit but from atleast the beginning of part 2 he had the end planned out already in his head.... http://www.narutohq.com/masashi-kishimoto-interview.php

Akashin
14th November 2014, 3:48 PM
well the first part is that since its naruhina is canon everything that "relates to narusaku" is invalid unless it was outright stated in the manga...for the ending part i admit i did exagerrate a bit but from atleast the beginning of part 2 he had the end planned out already in his head.... http://www.narutohq.com/masashi-kishimoto-interview.php

I'd call that interview sketchy simply because it forces us to assume that nothing has changed in the eight years since, but in lieu of anything more recent saying anything different I'll take it.

Not sure I'm following your logic regarding NaruSaku, though. That really just makes no sense at all; NaruHina being canon does not at all invalidate anything barring blatant statements that could reasonably point to the contrary.