PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116

diakyu
6th December 2014, 2:40 AM
What's this I'm hearing about a movie for Bolt? How long is this mini-series gonna be lol.

Akashin
6th December 2014, 2:43 AM
What's this I'm hearing about a movie for Bolt? How long is this mini-series gonna be lol.

Do you have a source? I haven't heard anything about this...

Edit: You can ignore me. I didn't bother to give the ANN link RaB posted more than a quick glance.

Lorde
6th December 2014, 2:48 AM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-05/new-naruto-project-to-open-next-august/.81827

so the spin off series is coming in August

I can't wait that long tbh. I yearn to know what kind of adventures Bolt and the other Konoha kids will run into.

Red and Blue
6th December 2014, 2:50 AM
I can't wait that long tbh. I yearn to know what kind of adventures Bolt and the other Konoha kids will run into.

I don't mind the eight month wait. I kind of need a break from the series. Plus hopefully wait gives Kishi a chance to write something decent

diakyu
6th December 2014, 2:56 AM
So I'm starting to think this small mini-series isn't going to be that small.

Red and Blue
6th December 2014, 3:20 AM
So apparently
Konohamaru and Hanabi become a couple in the film. I guess he and Naruto are in laws know.

LOL

diakyu
6th December 2014, 3:23 AM
So apparently
Konohamaru and Hanabi become a couple in the film. I guess he and Naruto are in laws no.

LOL
The mini-series is gonna end with Naruto considering Konohamaru to be the 8th Hokage isn't it? Gotta turn that kid into Naruto 2.0 completely.

Edit: Naruto is still a genin in the Last. What has he been doing for all this time?

Mr. Reloaded
6th December 2014, 3:28 AM
So NaruSaku was basically a joke the whole time? LMAO

Those poor shippers are gonna just keep sending in the death threats aren't they?...

Kishi confirmed second manga/anime god.

Lorde
6th December 2014, 4:05 AM
So apparently
Konohamaru and Hanabi become a couple in the film. I guess he and Naruto are in laws know.

LOL

It was always my secret hope given that they were both around the same age. At least Kishi did well with that, but did Hanabi even have a role in the film?

Akashin
6th December 2014, 4:07 AM
It was always my secret hope given that they were both around the same age. At least Kishi did well with that, but did Hanabi even have a role in the film?

Being kidnapped by Toneri, at the very least.

Joltik-Kid
6th December 2014, 5:08 AM
Those poor shippers are gonna just keep sending in the death threats aren't they?...

Because NaruHina fans never did that or wouldn't be sending them right now if NaruSaku was canon...?

Mr. Reloaded
6th December 2014, 12:02 PM
Because NaruHina fans never did that or wouldn't be sending them right now if NaruSaku was canon...?

Oh no no no, both sides would have done the same thing, it's just hilarious to see one shipping being beat down like that.

On a another note why the hell is Naruto still Genin? Did he really fail the exam enough times to still be low ranked?...

Akashin
6th December 2014, 1:51 PM
On a another note why the hell is Naruto still Genin? Did he really fail the exam enough times to still be low ranked?...

Or just never got around to taking the test again. You'd have to think that after a point skill-wise, you'd just get the promotion (it's not like all the current Chunin have the leadership qualities considered desirable of a Chunin when Shikamaru got the promotion, anyway...).

Void Ventus
6th December 2014, 3:39 PM

The Chunin exam is stupid anyways. Kakashi became a Chunin by winning, Obito became one by showing his skills in front of a few judges, and Shikamaru became one because he showed enough skills and tactical ability that Chunin would have. Makes you think why the Chunin Exams were so hyped back then when it wasn't even the only way to become Chunin.

Joltik-Kid
6th December 2014, 5:30 PM
Oh no no no, both sides would have done the same thing, it's just hilarious to see one shipping being beat down like that.

I guess... though to my knowledge NaruHina fans are still on the defensive.

diakyu
6th December 2014, 5:44 PM
So the next movie will focus more on how Sasuke and Sakura came to be and the characters confirmed so far are Boruto as the lead, Naruto, Sasuke, and Sarada.

And Kishi legit forgot to give Naruto and Hinata's children the Byakugan. But one will probably end up with Kurama (most likely Boruto) so Himawari got cheated. I really hope there's a scene eventually of Naruto's children riding on Kurama lol.

Red and Blue
6th December 2014, 5:47 PM
SO the next movie will focus more on how Sasuke and Sakura came to be and the characters confirmed so far are Boruto as the lead, Naruto, Sasuke, and Sarada.

And Kishi legit forgot to give Naruto and Hinata's children the Byakugan.

What? He forgot? How could he have forgotten? Is it too late to still give it to them by any means?

On a side note we get a movie focusing on Boruto and Salad. Great

Akashin
6th December 2014, 5:49 PM
And Kishi legit forgot to give Naruto and Hinata's children the Byakugan.

Did he actually say as much? It's long been known that they don't have it, but did he actually say that was an oversight?

Red and Blue
6th December 2014, 6:04 PM
Diakyu, do you have a source explaining why the kids don't have the byakugan? I want to post it on another site

diakyu
6th December 2014, 6:26 PM
Here (from twitter). (http://media.tumblr.com/20d0c4891c5b774238a18036176613eb/tumblr_inline_ng5dzzUqKc1s1hfk2.jpg) This all comes from Kishi's talks after the premiere.
It all says-

According to the greeting,

NARUTO’s new movie is coming on next august.

Boruto is a lead character and Naruto, Sasuke, Sarada will appear in it.

Kishi’s now busy thinking the scenario.

He’s going to think how SS get married from now.

He also worried whether the scenario of the last movie connects well with that of original manga.

He forgot to make Boruto & Himawari have Byakugan.

He named Boruto (volt) to express that Neji (which means volt in Japanese) fixed Naruto up with Hinata.
Translation from a tumblr person I believe is legit. Don't have a link for the user though.

He never planned on writing a love story, he just knew from the end of Part 1 that he wanted Naruto to be with Hinata and have kids. (http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4LI_b3CAAESKR_.jpg) Kishi don't care lol.

Akashin
6th December 2014, 6:41 PM
Here (from twitter). (http://media.tumblr.com/20d0c4891c5b774238a18036176613eb/tumblr_inline_ng5dzzUqKc1s1hfk2.jpg) This all comes from Kishi's talks after the premiere.
It all says-

Translation from a tumblr person I believe is legit. Don't have a link for the user though.

That's sort of hilarious. If NaruHina had been his endgame since day one, how exactly did it slip his mind that their children would have the Byakugan?

I'm not implying anything; I'm more genuinely baffled that their not having the Byakugan was anything but deliberate.

diakyu
6th December 2014, 6:55 PM
Okay so this (http://www.cinemacafe.net/article/2014/12/06/27884.html) says he was intending to give them the eyes but forgot, the third child will have it though. So I guess Hinata's gonna be preggos through most of the side-series.

Platinum fan.
6th December 2014, 7:06 PM
So the next movie will focus more on how Sasuke and Sakura came to be and the characters confirmed so far are Boruto as the lead, Naruto, Sasuke, and Sarada.

And Kishi legit forgot to give Naruto and Hinata's children the Byakugan. But one will probably end up with Kurama (most likely Boruto) so Himawari got cheated. I really hope there's a scene eventually of Naruto's children riding on Kurama lol.

There's another movie? I thought the last was the last one. Anyway I'm guessing Boruto is Naruto's son? And Sarada is Sasuke's girl, right? Frankly I do not care how Sasuke and Sakura got together. I'm not even curious to see Sakura obtain Sasuke. It is the most shallow thing in the Naruto series. I never rooted for it to happen and everytime I think about it, I want to vomit. The only good thing that came out of it was Sarada. She looks to be the most interesting of the new Konoha kids. So I just want to learn more about her. So far she's cool by me, so more Sarada is always welcome.

Did I hear right about Konohamaru? Well he's the original Naruto Jr. Nice going Konohamaru.

Red and Blue
6th December 2014, 7:13 PM
Okay so this (http://www.cinemacafe.net/article/2014/12/06/27884.html) says he was intending to give them the eyes but forgot, the third child will have it though. So I guess Hinata's gonna be preggos through most of the side-series.

They're having another baby? Sure why not?

Mr. Reloaded
6th December 2014, 7:21 PM
Wait there's another movie after the last? And Bolt and Himawari were suppose to have the Byakugan but Kishi just derped? Am I getting that right?

Oh joy.... Better buy some more tickets because the trainwreckage ain't over yet.

I hope that film will turn out better than the last.

diakyu
6th December 2014, 7:42 PM
Well it is the last "Naruto" movie lol.

Red and Blue
6th December 2014, 7:47 PM
Well it is the last "Naruto" movie lol.

You could say it was the last movie focusing on Naruto. From the sound of the Boruto film, it seems that the focus of the next films will be the next generation.

LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin
6th December 2014, 8:18 PM
In other news, The Last hit the box office very hard. At 3 PM from December 6th the movie has earned app. 1 billion and 470 million of yen (that's USD 12,7 millions). That's 175% superior to the final gross RTN ever had. That makes The Last as the most successful Naruto movie and the 2nd best 2014 opening weekend for an anime movie, only behind Stand By Me Doraemon. From pokefans here... it's 5 times the money Hakai no Mayu to Dianshi movie has made in its opening weekend.

Source: Saiyan Island (http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/12/the-last-naruto-the-movie-earns-1-47-billion-yen/)

Lorde
6th December 2014, 8:21 PM
So Bolt and his sister were supposed to have Byakugan, but Kishi forgot? I'm cackling. I can forgive his trolling regarding Sakura, but forgetting a Kekkei Genkai is too funny.

Red and Blue
6th December 2014, 9:05 PM
In other news, The Last hit the box office very hard. At 3 PM from December 6th the movie has earned app. 1 billion and 470 million of yen (that's USD 12,7 millions). That's 175% superior to the final gross RTN ever had. That makes The Last as the most successful Naruto movie and the 2nd best 2014 opening weekend for an anime movie, only behind Stand By Me Doraemon. From pokefans here... it's 5 times the money Hakai no Mayu to Dianshi movie has made in its opening weekend.

Source: Saiyan Island (http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/12/the-last-naruto-the-movie-earns-1-47-billion-yen/)

It outgrossed even RTN? I guess that fans that withdrew their tickets didn't put much of a dent in the box office.

LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin
6th December 2014, 9:10 PM
It outgrossed even RTN? I guess that fans that withdrew their tickets didn't put much of a dent in the box office.

That "ticket withdrawing" never was true xDDDDDD Only a NS butthurt rant from NS tumblrs, forums, FC and facebooks

Lorde
6th December 2014, 9:15 PM
Well so much for "NaruHina killed this movie." It seems to be doing exceptionally well at the box office regardless of how bad it's been made out to be plot-wise.

Platinum fan.
6th December 2014, 9:49 PM

Impressive. Most impressive. I'm still not excited at all for this movie, but it's nice for the NaruHina fans. I am going to take back what I said about Hinata being a hated character from this point on. I guess that's still on Sakura.

diakyu
6th December 2014, 9:50 PM
To be perfectly honest, Naruhina most likely helped the movie greatly. It was one of the major ships after all.

Shneak
7th December 2014, 2:40 AM
I read the synopsis for The Last and literally lost any interest I had in the movie. This series is not good at romance so having a romantic plot for most of the thing sounds awful, especially with how it's handled. Naruto suddenly discovers that he loves Hinata? Alright. I thought that Toneri might have been able to make up for it but even he sounds disappointing.

Lorde
7th December 2014, 2:55 AM
Impressive. Most impressive. I'm still not excited at all for this movie, but it's nice for the NaruHina fans. I am going to take back what I said about Hinata being a hated character from this point on. I guess that's still on Sakura.

Sakura always got more pressure because she was a member of Team 7. She should've been on par with her teammates at least, but Kishi didn't handle her right imo.

Void Ventus
7th December 2014, 3:04 AM
Sakura always got more pressure because she was a member of Team 7. She should've been on par with her teammates at least, but Kishi didn't handle her right imo.

She only had 3 big fights in Part 2 (Sasori fight, the new Sannin scene with the Summonings, and at least getting the blowing punch on Kaguya), but that's more than anyone else not named Naruto or Sasuke. She even got more big fights than Kakashi.

Red and Blue
7th December 2014, 3:05 AM
I'm curious what conflict there will be in the new movie? The villages are in peace.

I'm also curious what Boruto's fighting style will be. Kishimoto said he had a unique style in mind for him. Shame he doesn't have the byakugan, it would have been extremely useful for him

Platinum fan.
7th December 2014, 3:05 AM

From what I gathered people disliked Sakura because they found her "useless" and her crush on Sasuke. I never got the "useless" excuse. Sure Kishi didn't handle Sakura nearly as well as he could have, but she has proven to be deceit in missions. Even in part 1, she stood guard for the bridge builder...who's name escapes me at the moment. Sure she didn't get to fight, but her playing the bodyguard game allowed Naruto and Sasuke too. When it came to the useless excuse, I think fans were way to harsh on Sakura. The Sasuke crush...I will not defend. But she wasn't useless.

To Void Venus, no she really didn't. Kakashi has fought Zabuza, Itachi, Kakuzu, Deidara, Pain, Sasuke, and Obito. That's more then Sakura's. And he played bigger roles in his fights then she did.

phanpycross
7th December 2014, 3:18 AM
LOL, I guess expecting the last naruto movie to flop was pretty pessimistic/optimistic depending on how you look at it, but I didnt expect it to do this well...

And Kakashi is god, He steals the show no matter what happens anyway.

Void Ventus
7th December 2014, 3:25 AM

Lol Joltik Kid and that one other dude on Sudoku watch. What did one of them say? People were returning their tickets and theaters were empty? LMFAO

From what I gathered people disliked Sakura because they found her "useless" and her crush on Sasuke. I never got the "useless" excuse. Sure Kishi didn't handle Sakura nearly as well as he could have, but she has proven to be deceit in missions. Even in part 1, she stood guard for the bridge builder...who's name escapes me at the moment. Sure she didn't get to fight, but her playing the bodyguard game allowed Naruto and Sasuke too. When it came to the useless excuse, I think fans were way to harsh on Sakura. The Sasuke crush...I will not defend. But she wasn't useless.

To Void Venus, no she really didn't. Kakashi has fought Zabuza, Itachi, Kakuzu, Deidara, Pain, Sasuke, and Obito. That's more then Sakura's. And he played bigger roles in his fights then she did.
Was the Zabuza fight in the war canon? I don't remember if it was shown in the manga. But yeah, I knew it felt off saying Sakura had more fights than Kakashi. Thanks for proving me wrong.

Lorde
7th December 2014, 3:28 AM
Was the Zabuza fight in the war canon? I don't remember if it was shown in the manga. But yeah, I knew it felt off saying Sakura had more fights than Kakashi. Thanks for proving me wrong.

He did fight Zabuza in the manga as well. It was a short fight like most skirmishes in the war arc, but Kakashi at least took action against Zabuza again.

Platinum fan.
7th December 2014, 3:30 AM
Lol Joltik Kid and that one other dude on Sudoku watch. What did one of them say? People were returning their tickets and theaters were empty? LMFAO

Actually I meant when they first met :) Kakashi fought Zabuza twice in part 1. The first time got interrupted by Haku. The second one got interrupted by Gato and his minions. Still really good part 1 fights. They did fight when Zabuza was a Edo Tensei. It was the other swordsmen that got the offscreen treatment. Those were the days. Back when Naruto was about ninjas on missions.

diakyu
7th December 2014, 3:47 AM
I'm curious what conflict there will be in the new movie? The villages are in peace.
I don't think this will be a problem come next fall since we'll already be well into the mini-series by then. Perhaps there's a good reason why Orochimaru wasn't dealt with. How mad would people be if Boruto defeated Orochimaru lol.

Akashin
7th December 2014, 4:01 AM
I don't think this will be a problem come next fall since we'll already be well into the mini-series by then. Perhaps there's a good reason why Orochimaru wasn't dealt with. How mad would people be if Boruto defeated Orochimaru lol.

Not to mention that there's still Missing Nin and the like. Just because there's peace between the villages doesn't mean anything; what do you think the story was doing up until (and a bit into) Shippuden?

Void Ventus
7th December 2014, 4:17 AM
Weren't there rumors of Oro getting killed off in The Last?

Not to mention that there's still Missing Nin and the like. Just because there's peace between the villages doesn't mean anything; what do you think the story was doing up until (and a bit into) Shippuden?

Nothing? Didn't seem like Akatsuki even went on the Bijuu hunting trips until after Naruto got back to the village. There was that slight tease with Sasuke and the sound he heard. No way that was just a "What was that? Oh, I think it was just my imagination" kind of thing.

Akashin
7th December 2014, 4:21 AM
Weren't there rumors of Oro getting killed off in The Last?

Unless there were other rumors saying this that I haven't seen (I can hardly rule it out; I haven't been paying much attention), this was bunched together with a bunch of obviously false claims that got debunked quickly.

Nothing? Didn't seem like Akatsuki even went on the Bijuu hunting trips until after Naruto got back to the village. There was that slight tease with Sasuke and the sound he heard. No way that was just a "What was that? Oh, I think it was just my imagination" kind of thing.

Only if the Wave Arc, Chuunin Exams Arc, Search for Tsunade and Sasuke Retrieval Arc are all nothing, I suppose... Point is, conflict can exist in spite of the relative peace between the villages.

Lorde
7th December 2014, 4:23 AM
Nothing? Didn't seem like Akatsuki even went on the Bijuu hunting trips until after Naruto got back to the village.

But they had two Bijuu sealed away even before hunting Gaara and sealing Shukaku, so I do think they were busy hunting Bijuu even before Part 2 started.

Jb
7th December 2014, 5:00 AM
they were collecting info on them. the jinvidrisrt weren't probably known to outsiders

diakyu
7th December 2014, 5:56 AM
The rumors about Orochimaru were wrong. I don't even think he gets mentioned in the last.

Lorde
7th December 2014, 6:00 AM
The rumors about Orochimaru were wrong. I don't even think he gets mentioned in the last.

Thank God. At least that means that he's still alive after all and may make an appearance in the spin-off with Kabuto perhaps. That's the most that I'm hoping for.

Void Ventus
7th December 2014, 6:04 AM
There's going to be another movie in August of next year? Hoping the miniseries is serialized and becomes Part 3. And NaruHina are having a third child? Gaddang. Naruto really loves Hinata, doesn't he? If there was a couple I thought would be populating like rabbits, it would be ShikaTema or SasuSaku, make lots of Uchiha babies and restore the clan. They need a boy to keep the name down the line.

PS Is Naruto keeping his Uzumaki name? Everyone now knows he's Minato's child. Him and his family should be Namikaze now.

Joltik-Kid
7th December 2014, 6:04 AM
In other news Junko stepping down as Naruto's VA and not voicing Boruto

http://media.tumblr.com/78db755bd6920659ac4b9a657bbe1900/tumblr_inline_ng6qgvMNGp1qjcbrq.jpg
Q1: When you were reading the script, what was the first thing you thought about?
Junko Takeuchi: [saying some philosophical stuff] “The start is the end, and the end is the start”. It was a story that I feel like there is a lot of hope for the future. To carry a piece of work like this is made me feel really proud and happy. Another thing I thought about was [Mr] Jiraiya’s biography novel “Do Konjo Ninden”. Even if Mr. Jiraiya is not here, and the time changes, I started to feel that the feelings were passed down and inherited.

Q2: How was the love story of Hinata(with Naruto I’m presuming)?
Junko Takeuchi: Until now, I didn’t feel any aura of love or any indication like that between them. I just felt like if it was actually like that then I would be happy to have it. A movie in this fashion, it was like “ta-da!!”. Suddenly revealing it(their love and the movie) to me made me really surprised!

Q3: The scene where Naruto confessed his feelings to Hinata, in my opinion, is a really important point to see.
Junko Takeuchi: About that, in the movie, I think that the most important thing to me is the part where Naruto is growing up. However when I was casted[during casting], it felt like an older female relative peeking at a “nephew’s” first confession

Hardy har har... What do you want a medal?

Red and Blue
7th December 2014, 6:11 AM
There's going to be another movie in August of next year? Hoping the miniseries is serialized and becomes Part 3. And NaruHina are having a third child? Gaddang. Naruto really loves Hinata, doesn't he? If there was a couple I thought would be populating like rabbits, it would be ShikaTema or SasuSaku, make lots of Uchiha babies and restore the clan. They need a boy to keep the name down the line.

PS Is Naruto keeping his Uzumaki name? Everyone now knows he's Minato's child. Him and his family should be Namikaze now.

Well he's grown up with it all his life, so I see no need to change it. Plus there is no Namikaze clan

Void Ventus
7th December 2014, 6:42 AM
In other news Junko stepping down as Naruto's VA and not voicing Boruto

http://media.tumblr.com/78db755bd6920659ac4b9a657bbe1900/tumblr_inline_ng6qgvMNGp1qjcbrq.jpg
Q1: When you were reading the script, what was the first thing you thought about?
Junko Takeuchi: [saying some philosophical stuff] “The start is the end, and the end is the start”. It was a story that I feel like there is a lot of hope for the future. To carry a piece of work like this is made me feel really proud and happy. Another thing I thought about was [Mr] Jiraiya’s biography novel “Do Konjo Ninden”. Even if Mr. Jiraiya is not here, and the time changes, I started to feel that the feelings were passed down and inherited.

Q2: How was the love story of Hinata(with Naruto I’m presuming)?
Junko Takeuchi: Until now, I didn’t feel any aura of love or any indication like that between them. I just felt like if it was actually like that then I would be happy to have it. A movie in this fashion, it was like “ta-da!!”. Suddenly revealing it(their love and the movie) to me made me really surprised!

Q3: The scene where Naruto confessed his feelings to Hinata, in my opinion, is a really important point to see.
Junko Takeuchi: About that, in the movie, I think that the most important thing to me is the part where Naruto is growing up. However when I was casted[during casting], it felt like an older female relative peeking at a “nephew’s” first confession

Hardy har har... What do you want a medal?
Nope, no need for that. Getting a report that conflicted with your or the other guy's constant "this movie bombed LOLOLOLOL" posts was all that was necessary. Them NaruSaku fans be mad as fudge spreading false information. I bet they make the best McDonalds French fries with all that salt.

Well he's grown up with it all his life, so I see no need to change it. Plus there is no Namikaze clan
He's married now, and that would get him to get his birth identifcation. Maybe he sees or seeks out info on Minato, sees that his last name is Namikaze, and that he kept Kushina's family name instead of his dad's. I guess he could just decide to not get it changed.

Joltik-Kid
7th December 2014, 7:26 AM
Nope, no need for that. Getting a report that conflicted with your or the other guy's constant "this movie bombed LOLOLOLOL" posts was all that was necessary. Them NaruHina fans be mad as fudge spreading false information. I bet they make the best McDonalds French fries with all that salt.

Stooping to Salt levels huh... life to fragile for you?

greninjamaster
7th December 2014, 8:12 AM
I just laugh at all the negative reviews and everybody saying where the hell did NH come from, it was never in the manga. Also saying that Naruto is the biggest scumbag in the world. He claims he only loves Sakura bc of the rivalry with Sasuke and he hates when people lie to themselves, but I guess it's okay when he does it huh?

Such a joke.

Void Ventus
7th December 2014, 8:25 AM
Stooping to Salt levels huh... life to fragile for you?
Oops my bad. I meant NaruSaku fans, not NaruHina fans lol I changed it. And what? I'm pretty there's zero hints of saltiness in my post. Get your internet memes checked please. I don't think you know what being salty means. And "life too fragile for you?". FTFY :)

Moving from that, the Hanabi special in the anime is okay. Makes me want a Konohamaru special now though. Going from the bratty honorable grandson to Naruto v2. Would be awesome if Bolt and Sarada are in the same team, and Konohamaru becomes their Jonin teacher.

Red and Blue
7th December 2014, 8:35 AM
Oops my bad. I meant NaruSaku fans, not NaruHina fans lol I changed it. And what? I'm pretty there's zero hints of saltiness in my post. Get your internet memes checked please. I don't think you know what being salty means. And "life too fragile for you?". FTFY :)

Moving from that, the Hanabi special in the anime is okay. Makes me want a Konohamaru special now though. Going from the bratty honorable grandson to Naruto v2. Would be awesome if Bolt and Sarada are in the same team, and Konohamaru becomes their Jonin teacher.

I`m honestly expecting this to be the case. The question is, who would be the third teammate? One of the other new gen kids or a new character? I`m betting on the latter.

Void Ventus
7th December 2014, 8:54 AM
I`m honestly expecting this to be the case. The question is, who would be the third teammate? One of the other new gen kids or a new character? I`m betting on the latter.
Inojin, Shikadai, and Chocho will no doubt be in the same team. Himawari is way too young. Maybe Lee's son/student? No way it will be a fodder, so a new character it is. I wish Kakashi got married and had children, and that the kid will be part of the new generation, but that's too late now.

Joltik-Kid
7th December 2014, 5:41 PM
Turns out box office total hasn't been posted yet for the Last (https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-06/the-last-naruto-the-movie-poised-to-top-2-billion-yen/.81861)
It's possible it could gross higher, but to think it did better then the entire run of RTN in a single day isn't all that bright

LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin
7th December 2014, 6:22 PM
Turns out box office total hasn't been posted yet for the Last (https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-06/the-last-naruto-the-movie-poised-to-top-2-billion-yen/.81861)
It's possible it could gross higher, but to think it did better then the entire run of RTN in a single day isn't all that bright

Yeah. It outgrossed the 1st income of RTN (which was of about (US$ 6.500.000). So, obviously it wpuld outgross the final income of RTN in about only 1 day. Heck, it even wpuld outcome the final income of XY movie 17 (which was about USD 27.000.000, the second to lowest final gross a Pokemon movie has ever had)

phanpycross
7th December 2014, 7:09 PM
Okay, so Im going though the Itachi pursuit arc (In the anime, since finding manga shops is legit impossible where I live), and I was wondering, does Sasuke's curse-mark forme look utterly stupid and overdesigned to anybody else?

Void Ventus
7th December 2014, 9:15 PM
Okay, so Im going though the Itachi pursuit arc (In the anime, since finding manga shops is legit impossible where I live), and I was wondering, does Sasuke's curse-mark forme look utterly stupid and overdesigned to anybody else?

Why not just shop on Amazon or other online stores that sell manga?

I also hate Sasuke's Cursed Mark form. The hair and marking on his nose is stupid, and the hand wings scream "I iz kul".

NaruHina's wedding group photo (https://31.media.tumblr.com/92e1f070d3fb2d2cb30aa361b5645c27/tumblr_ng56ukKExG1s80rjxo1_1280.jpg)

Better be Studio Pierrot who made a mistake for not included Sauce, and not Kishi deliberately wanting Sauce out. Kishi's a freakin PR nightmare based on the interviews lately, and has to at least show one good thing for Sakura. She's just there standing alone, forever alone, while Saino are holding hands. Also, that home is baller. Minato's home doesn't compare. Naruto's house has a nice view of the Hokage faces, and Minato's didn't. The Hyuuga clan probably payed for it, and Hiashi smugly smiling that he owns the status as Master Eugenist.

Lorde
7th December 2014, 9:19 PM
I don't really care for Konohamaru as a character, so I sincerely hope that he's not Bolt's Jonin instructor. I'd rather see Shikamaru have that role.

Red and Blue
7th December 2014, 9:20 PM
Sasuke may not have been in the village at the time, which would explain why he wasn't in the photo

love the design of the house. Being married to a clan princess has its perks

LightningMaster95
7th December 2014, 9:32 PM
want it made clear in chpt 699 that sasuke wont return to the village until he feels redeemed and kishimoto said that sasuke was on a journey to learn about kaguya revival so that it wouldnt happen again...so he obviously wont go back to konoha for a wedding even if him and naruto are best friends

Void Ventus
7th December 2014, 9:49 PM
I don't really care for Konohamaru as a character, so I sincerely hope that he's not Bolt's Jonin instructor. I'd rather see Shikamaru have that role.

Shikamaru could have been Mirai's Jonin leader before he became Naruto's advisor. I'm guessing Mirai's a genius like Kakashi and Itachi were, and became Jonin at a young age. Why would a Genin or Chunin become Kakashi's bodyguard?

The novel list
I'm assuming the top is the first novel to release, and the bottom to release last? If so
1) Kakashi
2) Shikamaru
3) Akatsuki
4) Gaara
5) Sakura
6) Konoha

The novels are set after Ch700, so I have no idea what Akatsuki is doing here. Maybe the name has been revived, but instead of being comprised of defectors and criminals, it's now a new group comprised of the best ninjas from different villages in one group?

want it made clear in chpt 699 that sasuke wont return to the village until he feels redeemed and kishimoto said that sasuke was on a journey to learn about kaguya revival so that it wouldnt happen again...so he obviously wont go back to konoha for a wedding even if him and naruto are best friends

The thing is, Sarada is about the same age as Bolt and the InoShikaCho kids. 700 supposedly takes place 13 years after The Last. There's probably a few years of timeskip from Toneri's defeat to NaruHina's marriage. Sauce would have to get back home at Konoha sometime around Naruto's wedding, but only be late just a few months. If it is a few months, then what a butthole he is. He could have spared just a day to visit when his journey was about to end in just a few months anyway. Unless Sakura constantly went out to meet Sauce during his journey.

Red and Blue
8th December 2014, 12:32 AM
You know, when you think about it, it makes a bit more sense for Sakura to have another baby that Hinata. . The Uchiha clan needs to be restored and Sasuke only has one child. . You would think he would have wanted more kids. Plus if Sarada marries and has kids(coughBoltcough) her kids won't have the Uchiha surname. If Sakura has another Baby and it's a boy, the child would have kids that could carry on the Uchiha name

Platinum fan.
8th December 2014, 12:36 AM
You know, when you think about it, it makes a bit more sense for Sakura to have another baby that Hinata. . The Uchiha clan needs to be restored and Sasuke only has one child. . You would think he would have wanted more kids. Plus if Sarada marries and has kids(coughBoltcough) her kids won't have the Uchiha surname. If Sakura has another Baby and it's a boy, the child would have kids that could carry on the Uchiha name

Please no more Uchiha's. No more Uchiha's, no more Sharingan, Rinnegan, MS, Susanoo, or any of that junk. The Uchiha clan does not need to be restored and start up more drama. Every major supervillain in Naruto has been Uchiha related.

Also, cool wedding picture. Everyone looks so grown up, and Hanabi holding Neji's picture up. He hasn't been forgotten. Must be cool to marry the number 1 heroic shinobi of their era.

Lorde
8th December 2014, 12:39 AM

I guess. Sasuke doesn't seem to visit Sakura often though, so I doubt they'd have a chance to have another kid assuming that Sarada isn't simply Karin's daughter.

Red and Blue
8th December 2014, 12:52 AM
I guess. Sasuke doesn't seem to visit Sakura often though, so I doubt they'd have a chance to have another kid assuming that Sarada isn't simply Karin's daughter.is

I honestly don't see a resemblance between the two besides the glasses. Plus Kishi's assistant confirmed that Sarada is Sakura's flesh and blood

Sasuke could always comeback during the Bolt movie. Plenty of time to knock up Sakura before taking off again

Jb
8th December 2014, 12:53 AM
why is temari so hot?

this is why shikamaru got the most development

LightningMaster95
8th December 2014, 1:01 AM
why is ino and hinata so hot?

fixed that for you...according to most of the fandom those two are always on top of the list

Void Ventus
8th December 2014, 3:03 AM
fixed that for you...according to most of the fandom those two are always on top of the list

Biggest bust. We all know they win because they have the biggest bust. Temari probably does too, but it's not obvious if it's big or not. Tsunade would also win if only she was younger, but she's an old granny that can make herself look younger.

Yeah, I've been saying it doesn't make sense why Sasuke isn't making more bunnies with Sakura. He at least needs a boy to keep the family name down the line. Naruto's got it all. He has a boy, and now he can keep making more babies with Hinata and not worry about the gender. More babies, more Uzumakis that will someday restore the clan. They're also allied with the Hyuuga clan, so they will be protected by them.

I bet Sasuke has a laptop inside his messenger bag. He probably Skypes with Sakura and Sarada, once again proving Sauce is best dad.

Jb
8th December 2014, 3:23 AM
most of the fandom is terrible so temari is still the hottest

Void Ventus
8th December 2014, 4:48 AM
Naruto and Hinata's date (http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/702/39/)

Two pages, really short. The parody fanart of this is hilarious. Naruto will never able to hide anything, but why would be when he gets the best Konoha girl.

LightningMaster95
8th December 2014, 5:14 AM
most of the fandom is terrible so temari is still the hottest

for me it would be... going from how they look in the Last: Naruto the movie
1. Hinata

2. Ino

3. Tenten

4. Sakura/Temari

5. Sakura/Temari...theyre both unappealing to me but i guess i give sakura the narrow edge in terms of appeal

Lorde
8th December 2014, 5:38 AM
I'm cackling at Hinata using her Byakugan to look at Naruto's wallet. The date seems so surreal though. Like, I didn't think that Kishi would actually show it.

diakyu
8th December 2014, 7:07 PM
This gif (http://i.imgur.com/u1uancz.gif) (major spoilers) single-handedly vindicates the movie's existence. I think this means the epilogue of the Last takes place maybe a year or two before Naruto becomes Hokage (he isn't on the Hokage Monument and his children look younger).

Mr. Reloaded
8th December 2014, 7:22 PM
This gif (http://i.imgur.com/u1uancz.gif) (major spoilers) single-handedly vindicates the movie's existence. I think this means the epilogue of the Last takes place maybe a year or two before Naruto becomes Hokage (he isn't on the Hokage Monument and his children look younger).

For a minute there I thought I saw people falling to their deaths off the monuments or falling debri, but it's actually snow.

Better get my eyes checked soon lol.

Void Ventus
8th December 2014, 7:55 PM

Dem feels, bro. Naruto before he became an abusive father who drinks and beats his wife, pays no attention to his children, and eats cup ramen everyday and surfs the web for cat videos all day. (I'm joking. I just want Sauce to be the best father) It's nice to finally see Naruto achieve his goal as Hokage, but not when it means he barely has time for his family.

Here's hoping Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry lives on through Himawari and Sarada. Bolt can be the Sakura, useless.

Red and Blue
8th December 2014, 8:04 PM
Hopefully they address Naruto's neglect of his family in the new movie. I think Kishimoto put it in so it could be a plot point for the new movie.

Akashin
8th December 2014, 8:28 PM
Hopefully they address Naruto's neglect of his family in the new movie. I think Kishimoto put it in so it could be a plot point for the new movie.

Uh, you mean the neglect that was addressed in the same chapter it was brought up? Naruto is Hokage, and an orphan that grew up to view all of Konoha as his family to boot. He made it clear in 700 that this was still the case, and that he wanted for Boruto to grow to see the village the same way.

I didn't think it needed to be elaborated upon more than it was, really...

phanpycross
8th December 2014, 8:28 PM
This gif (http://i.imgur.com/u1uancz.gif) (major spoilers) single-handedly vindicates the movie's existence

OMG, that's soooooo darn adorable, and his house is looking really nice although them moving into Naruto's tiny apartment would have been hilarious

Void Ventus
8th December 2014, 8:42 PM
There is no neglect. It's just that ever since becoming a Hokage, he clearly hasn't had much time to relax and play with his family. There was also the fact that Ch700 happened during the day of the Gokage meeting, so he could have been extra busy planning things out.

OMG, that's soooooo darn adorable, and his house is looking really nice although them moving into Naruto's tiny apartment would have been hilarious
Hiashi bought them the house probably to start scheming his plan for another generation. Or maybe Yamato built it for them, FREE HOUSE!

Lorde
8th December 2014, 8:44 PM

That's cute. I didn't even know that it snowed in Konoha tbh. I still think the movie is garbage though. I'm surprised by its success, but the plot is lame in my view.

Platinum fan.
8th December 2014, 8:49 PM
Dem feels, bro. Naruto before he became an abusive father who drinks and beats his wife, pays no attention to his children, and eats cup ramen everyday and surfs the web for cat videos all day. (I'm joking. I just want Sauce to be the best father) It's nice to finally see Naruto achieve his goal as Hokage, but not when it means he barely has time for his family.

Here's hoping Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry lives on through Himawari and Sarada. Bolt can be the Sakura, useless.

Sasuke's no better. He's not even in the village with his so-called "family" or only stopping by to make sure there's at least one Uchiha to one day bring more ruin to the shinobi world with unneeded drama. As far as the kids, I hope Bolt and Sarada aren't hardcore rivals like Naruto and Sasuke are. It's just rehashing what has already been done and robbing these characters of their own identity. Bolt alone, is going to have a tough time stepping out of Naruto's shadow.

pwnswitchclik
8th December 2014, 9:31 PM
Speaking of Yamato, did we ever came to know his full true name? All I know is Kakashi called him Tenzo once.

Lorde
8th December 2014, 9:39 PM
Speaking of Yamato, did we ever came to know his full true name? All I know is Kakashi called him Tenzo once.

Nope. His real name is still a mystery. Not that I particularly care, but Kishi should've revealed it in the new databook at least.

Void Ventus
8th December 2014, 10:42 PM
Sasuke's no better. He's not even in the village with his so-called "family" or only stopping by to make sure there's at least one Uchiha to one day bring more ruin to the shinobi world with unneeded drama. As far as the kids, I hope Bolt and Sarada aren't hardcore rivals like Naruto and Sasuke are. It's just rehashing what has already been done and robbing these characters of their own identity. Bolt alone, is going to have a tough time stepping out of Naruto's shadow.

I don't want Bolt to be mini Naruto, instead I want Himawari for that. We only know her as this cute girl, but what if she's like RtN Hinata? She can be like "You better not touch my big bro, you *insert bad word here*" to Sarada. We can get all kinds of shenanigans with her, a complete opposite of her mom. As The Last has shown, the ninja world now has cellphones and doing selfies. Sasuke probably never has time to be at home, but he probably always carries his laptop around and using Ninja Skype to video chat with Sakura and Sarada.

Full scene of the after credits scene and the Bolt teaser for the August movie (http://ireibaka.tumblr.com/post/104694367655/narutos-family-full-scene-boruto-short-trailer)
Love the "No Ramen No Life" poster lol I bet Teuchi and his daughter must be raking in the dough by being Naruto's personal chefs.

Lorde
10th December 2014, 11:06 PM
Since Bolt is just like Naruto, I can't say that him getting a movie as well excites me much. I'd have rather seen Sasuke get a movie, as puzzling as that may sound.

Shneak
11th December 2014, 2:53 AM

Then that skyscraper city above Konoha sure got built fast.

Mr. Reloaded
11th December 2014, 3:22 AM
Sooo what happened to Orochimaru, did he really just get away in the end?
Now I'm curious lol.

Void Ventus
11th December 2014, 3:35 AM
Since Bolt is just like Naruto, I can't say that him getting a movie as well excites me much. I'd have rather seen Sasuke get a movie, as puzzling as that may sound.
I thought SasuSaku were getting a movie?

Then that skyscraper city above Konoha sure got built fast.
There's a few buildings visible. They're probably being built at that moment. Still, they sure modernized in an extremely short time. If taking selfies is a thing, I take it twerking must also be?

Sooo what happened to Orochimaru, did he really just get away in the end?
Now I'm curious lol.
Me too. Really hope he stole some Madara's DNA and the Kages, mixed them all up with his own, and become Part 3's baddie.

Red and Blue
11th December 2014, 4:01 AM
I could see Orochimaru maybe appearing in part 3(assuming he`s still alive at that point). But I highly doubt he will be the main antagonist. It will probably be a brand new character

Lorde
11th December 2014, 4:09 AM

Are they really? Great, just when I thought that the franchise couldn't sink any lower.

diakyu
11th December 2014, 4:19 AM
When talking about the new Boruto movie Kishi just mentioned he was putting thought into how Sakura and Sasuke got together. It could be an episode in the anime after they cover Chapter 699 for all we know.

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda in to the whole wandering Sasuke thing now that he's not actively trying to ruin everyone's day.

Void Ventus
11th December 2014, 5:35 AM
When talking about the new Boruto movie Kishi just mentioned he was putting thought into how Sakura and Sasuke got together. It could be an episode in the anime after they cover Chapter 699 for all we know.

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda in to the whole wandering Sasuke thing now that he's not actively trying to ruin everyone's day.

Maybe the Sakura novel will all be about her remembering how Sasuke came back and fell in love with her. Maybe story time with Sarada on how they disregard all the moments where Sakura went Gaga for Sauce's hot bod. I wonder though, did his atonement last until he came back and got Sakura preggo, or is he still going, which is why Sarada commented on Sauce being as neglectful as Naruto.

diakyu
11th December 2014, 2:20 PM
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 was announced for PS4 and if the logo is anything to go by it'll be finishing the manga story, but they also seem to be covering the Last. Looking forward to seeing Naruto vs Sasuke. This game and the anime are gonna go ham with that fight, I'm so hyped.

Edit: oh God, covering the Last means there will be 5 versions of Naruto and Sasuke lol.

Void Ventus
11th December 2014, 8:41 PM
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 was announced for PS4 and if the logo is anything to go by it'll be finishing the manga story, but they also seem to be covering the Last. Looking forward to seeing Naruto vs Sasuke. This game and the anime are gonna go ham with that fight, I'm so hyped.

Edit: oh God, covering the Last means there will be 5 versions of Naruto and Sasuke lol.
Yup! So excited! Ditch last gen already and move on to next gen and not have to compromise for older and weaker hardware (http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/12/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-4-confirmed/)

Game will probably also be on PC and Xbone. I'd be fine if the movie only covers the war arc, but all the way from the beginning. So much potential to create really awesome set pieces for fights, which were already done in NSUNS3, but the better hardware could benefit in bringing out larger and more realized fights. I can feel the Kaguya boss fight being mindblowing. Playable Kaguya and Toneri would be cool. The kids probably won't be playable until Storm 5 when we'll have enough info on how they fight.

If the game goes up to Ch700, we can even have 6 Naruto and Sasuke, and 5 Kakashis! 7th Hokage Naruto, neglectful Sauce, and 6th Hokage Kakashi will definitely get their own character slots. Maybe the game will even include Part 1, Part 2, and Ch700 versions of everyone, taking up at least 30 slots of the same characters, just different in ages.

Platinum fan.
12th December 2014, 12:29 AM
Are they really? Great, just when I thought that the franchise couldn't sink any lower.

They better not. I do not want to see a movie of Sakura hooking up with a man who tried to murder her twice in the same day and called her trash to her face. What would they tell us? Sakura never got over Sasuke. We all know that. It wouldn't be hard for Sasuke to hook up with Sakura, because there is nothing he can do to make her stop loving him. His character did such a fast change in 699 in regards to Sakura. I couldn't care less about how they hook up. If it wasn't for Sasuke's daughter Sarada, I'd be utterly disgusted everytime I see them. I only call Sarada Sasuke's daughter, because I refuse to acknowledge her mother until further notice.

I would love to see Sasuke and Sarada interact however. That is something I am itching to see.

And as far as Orochimaru goes, I still detest him being alive right now. He has no place in this world. Yet kishi brought him back. Biggest Naruto mistake ever!

Void Ventus
12th December 2014, 1:12 AM
They better not. I do not want to see a movie of Sakura hooking up with a man who tried to murder her twice in the same day and called her trash to her face. What would they tell us? Sakura never got over Sasuke. We all know that. It wouldn't be hard for Sasuke to hook up with Sakura, because there is nothing he can do to make her stop loving him. His character did such a fast change in 699 in regards to Sakura. I couldn't care less about how they hook up. If it wasn't for Sasuke's daughter Sarada, I'd be utterly disgusted everytime I see them. I only call Sarada Sasuke's daughter, because I refuse to acknowledge her mother until further notice.

I would love to see Sasuke and Sarada interact however. That is something I am itching to see.

And as far as Orochimaru goes, I still detest him being alive right now. He has no place in this world. Yet kishi brought him back. Biggest Naruto mistake ever!

Didn't Hagoromo explain that Naruto's Talk No Jutsu works because Ashura had the ability to persuade people to see the light or some BS like that? You get Nard to nag you for just a few seconds, and boom, you're now a good guy and free of death crimes!

I personally just want more Sauce. Now that he's not an A-hole, maybe he'll actually be a fun character again. I'd like another filler where adult Naruto, Sauce, and Sakura try to finally find out Kakashi's face once and for all.

Do you hear that? It's the sound of Kishi's bling, gettin' ready for Part 3. Gotta fund that second vacation somehow.

Jb
12th December 2014, 1:26 AM

Well there was like 5 versions of goku and gohan in bt3

Kid
Early
Mid
End
GT
__
Kid
Teen
Adult
Ultimate/Mystic
Saiyaman
Future

so it isn't too unheard of

Void Ventus
12th December 2014, 1:46 AM
Well there was like 5 versions of goku and gohan in bt3

Kid
Early
Mid
End
GT
__
Kid
Teen
Adult
Ultimate/Mystic
Saiyaman
Future

so it isn't too unheard of

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 has the biggest roster of any fighting game other than Mugen, so it's not a fair comparison. It had like what, 150 characters or so?

I personally want the Sound 4, Kurenai, and Anko back as playable characters. Go crazy and add in all the dead Kages, Hagoromo and Hamura, Izuna, Hiashi, Mito, all of the K10's parents, etc. Time to finally surpass BT3 in terms of roster size.

Lorde
12th December 2014, 1:52 AM
He has no place in this world.

We don't even know what Orochimaru's up to now, so how can you say that he's got no purpose?

Platinum fan.
12th December 2014, 1:57 AM
We don't even know what Orochimaru's up to now, so how can you say that he's got no purpose?

What is Orochimaru going to do? Try and get Sharingan again? Even if he got it, he's no match for Naruto and Sasuke. Nobody trust him, and nobody is going to put up with him in their village either. Orochimaru's era is over. He should have stayed dead when Sasuke overcame his jutsu. What's he going to be, a threat to the next generation? Like Naruto would tolerate him hanging around.

Jb
12th December 2014, 1:58 AM
Budokai Tenkaichi 3 has the biggest roster of any fighting game other than Mugen, so it's not a fair comparison. It had like what, 150 characters or so?

I personally want the Sound 4, Kurenai, and Anko back as playable characters. Go crazy and add in all the dead Kages, Hagoromo and Hamura, Izuna, Hiashi, Mito, all of the K10's parents, etc. Time to finally surpass BT3 in terms of roster size.

how big was the roster of the lastest naruto game? it looked pretty big. I don't really seem them added in the parents but hey

Mr. Reloaded
12th December 2014, 2:03 AM

Can we include Ridley on that roster?

It has no other chance at being playable elsewhere...

Red and Blue
12th December 2014, 4:10 AM
http://www.shonengamez.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/The-Last-Naruto-The-Movie-696x1024.jpg

The birth of bolt

Akashin
12th December 2014, 4:20 AM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/bb3ecbc87dfdfb340218b72fd27f60d6/tumblr_ngg2lj63dt1thgx1vo1_500.png

The birth of bolt

I spent a solid two minutes looking at that picture, and I have to ask: why is the Cereal Guy there?

Red and Blue
12th December 2014, 4:35 AM
I spent a solid two minutes looking at that picture, and I have to ask: why is the Cereal Guy there?

Don't worry. I updated it without the cereal guy

Akashin
12th December 2014, 4:37 AM
Don't worry. I updated it without the cereal guy

Ah. I thought there was something off about the picture that I was supposed to be looking for.

That's a shame.

Void Ventus
12th December 2014, 4:54 AM
how big was the roster of the lastest naruto game? it looked pretty big. I don't really seem them added in the parents but hey
Revolution is the only UNS game I didn't buy at launch (and still haven't), but looking at Wiki, it seems the game has 118 characters, and that's including non-playable supports only. That's still a lot, and I can see UNS4 becoming at least 130, with Mecha Naruto gone. And yeah, the parents won't really make sense since their children will also play the same, but hey, how many Naruto/Sauce/Kakashi variations do we have?

http://www.shonengamez.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/The-Last-Naruto-The-Movie-696x1024.jpg

The birth of bolt
Mah man Nard. Started from the bottom, now he here. Can't wait for Part 3.

Lorde
12th December 2014, 5:22 AM
Do we actually see that scene with Naruto, Hinata and baby Bolt in the movie? Because it looks adorable.

Void Ventus
12th December 2014, 5:27 AM
Do we actually see that scene with Naruto, Hinata and baby Bolt in the movie? Because it looks adorable.

Nope, only the scene with Bolt and Himawari running up to Naruto. And also the portrait, but it's only Naruto holding baby Bolt, and Hinata holding baby Hima.

Btw, the last 11 minutes of the movie (wedding and family scene not included) have leaked on Youtube. The movie ends abruptly. After NaruHina kiss, the credits appear.

DaDonYordel
12th December 2014, 4:50 PM
I can't bloody believe I have to wait until January to watch this movie, and all because of a shitty film festival filled with movies that have an even more mediocre writing than Naruto. Wait for me my closure.

Void Ventus
12th December 2014, 5:26 PM
I can't bloody believe I have to wait until January to watch this movie, and all because of a shitty film festival filled with movies that have an even more mediocre writing than Naruto. Wait for me my closure.

Entitlement much? Go to Japan if you want to watch the movie early. Australia and New Zealand and Philippines will be getting the movie in January. Who knows when other regions will also get it.

DaDonYordel
13th December 2014, 3:45 AM
Entitlement much? Go to Japan if you want to watch the movie early. Australia and New Zealand and Philippines will be getting the movie in January. Who knows when other regions will also get it.

It is my divine right to watch this movie early and hear the lamentations of the have-nots.

Joltik-Kid
13th December 2014, 7:11 AM
I'm questioning myself for posting at considering I'll just keep seeing more blind acceptance, but whatever. Take of it what you will...

http://i.imgur.com/TjxhrdT.png

Q .How would you summarize this movie with a single sentence?
A .A romantic story of Naruto and childhood friend Hinata's love adventures

Q .There seems to be little battle scenes?
A . It's fine as long as there are battles, the animation is top notch.

Q .The characters roles doesn't seem to be active?
A . The mission will have 5 people, each of them will have good scenes. even if sasuke have little scenes his character is not treated poorly.

Q .We hear Naruto learnt to love hinata through genjutsu, can you elaborate on that?
A . In the mission he was trapped by the enemy and Naruto reminisces about the past three times
1st time:Naruto's own memories
2nd time:After he wore hinata's scarve he experience hinata's memory
3rd time: when hinata woke up and the scarve was recovered, the memories were recalled once again

Q .this usage of the scarve gag is quite old
A .in this work the scarve is a symbol of love, even when it is torn or burnt, it will be reborn again, it's the same as naruto's parents. the scarve represents the red thread of fate. also, a handmade scarve is a cherished memory of kishimoto sensei and his wife.

Q . why did toneri come for hinata?
A . hinata's power is needed. in the novel it was revealed that toneri went to earth when he was young, and he had laid eyes on hinata when he watched the hyuga household. he vowed to marry hinata ten years from then on

Sasuke's only appearance in the movie

http://little-miss-possessive.tumblr.com/post/105058049585/sasukes-scene-in-the-last-naruto-the-movie

diakyu
13th December 2014, 7:16 AM
Huh, the question about the scarf there comes off as derogatory. I think it's sweet since the exact same thing happened to Kishi were his wife gave him a scarf.

And about Sauske, I expect him to be teased a lot throughout the new mini-series, and the movie here only goes to consolidate my thoughts.

Shneak
13th December 2014, 4:21 PM
Where was Sasuke when Madara was firing meteors using his eyes? Apparently he would have been useful.

Mr. Reloaded
13th December 2014, 4:39 PM
Really? Sasuke's only in for like 30 secs?.... My god

Welp when the film becomes available I can at least have fun ripping it apart. Like Sonic Boom. :p

Lorde
13th December 2014, 9:21 PM
I'm saddened by how Sasuke's been snubbed in the film. I was starting to like him after Naruto beat him, but now Kishi has discarded him for whatever reason. I bet he'll be snubbed in the spin-off as well.

Void Ventus
14th December 2014, 8:42 AM
Where was Sasuke when Madara was firing meteors using his eyes? Apparently he would have been useful.
He's had 2 years of experience with the Rinnegan by that point in the movie. When Sasuke finally got the Rinnegan in the war, Madara was already bored with chucking meteors.

I'm saddened by how Sasuke's been snubbed in the film. I was starting to like him after Naruto beat him, but now Kishi has discarded him for whatever reason. I bet he'll be snubbed in the spin-off as well.
I bet he still has more screentime than poor ol' Shino. Showing my Shino bias aside, I highly disagree with false advertising. I feel sorry for those who went into the movie expecting Sasuke (because he was advertised a lot), only for him to appear for less than half a minute. They did make it clear it was a NaruHina movie a few weeks after tickets finally went on sale, but he was still heavily advertised and that didn't mean Sasuke was only gonna be in for 30 seconds. Only way to find that out is by watching the movie, but by then, you've watched the movie, and it's too late to get a refund.

I don't want a SasuSaku movie, but maybe in Sakura's mini series novel, it could explain how they got together. I'd like to see more of Sasuke regardless. I wanna see how his relationship with Naruto and the village and the entire Land of Fire evolves. I wanna know if he and Naruto are total bros 4 lyfe or not.

diakyu
16th December 2014, 6:28 AM
So I'm going over some old posts from a few websites from far before the war even started. Lots of comments about how Tobi was seemingly just a joke character and an idiot.

If only they knew then.

Nightstar1994
16th December 2014, 7:09 AM
Orange Tobi was best Tobi.

diakyu
16th December 2014, 7:13 AM
Going as Tobi was definitely a lot better than when he masqueraded as Madara.

Lorde
16th December 2014, 8:46 PM
Going as Tobi was definitely a lot better than when he masqueraded as Madara.

I disagree. At least when he pretended to be Madara he had purpose. Tobi as a comedic character was tiresome and not even funny in my view.

phanpycross
16th December 2014, 9:22 PM
I kinda liked they had a ukatski be a pure comedy character, since it kinda added flavor to the group. I feel like making him a badass took away from that, but at least Obito was interesting, so it didnt hurt as much to lose that side of him.

Platinum fan.
16th December 2014, 11:08 PM
I've already gone into lengths my issues with Tobi in general. It was the whole making him Madara thing that cheesed me off. You spend a good portion of the latter half of part 2 building Tobi up as Madara trying to regain his powers or some crap like that, only to reveal at the very end the real Madara was a dead guy who's been dead this entire manga series, he has no ties to any of the main characters at all minus Onoki and that's barely touched on, and you had all this time of Tobi recruiting Sasuke to be his latest tool, starting the war, and threatening Team 7 that he's going to send Sasuke after Naruto, and this guys turns out to be Obito? The only good Uchiha with no dirt on him, turns out to be the second to worst one behind Madara. I did enjoy the extra backstory on Obito the story gave me as a result however. That is the only reason I don't consider this the worst twist of the series. But it still ruined my favorite Uchiha.

But the worst thing of the manga is still Orochimaru coming back for no real reason at all. Nothing tops that.

Void Ventus
16th December 2014, 11:30 PM
There was the hint around mid 400 with the hidden coffin, and Tobi asking Kabuto how he got it, and that's when I kinda confirmed to myself that Tobi wasn't Madara. And I wouldn't call Ōnoki a main character because if he was, then that would also make Hashirama a main character. That would make Madara related to Ōnoki because they met somewhere before when Onoki was still young, MadaHashi related because they used to be best friends turned rivals, and MadaSasu related because they're both Uchiha. I personally didn't like how Obito was so weak. If it wasn't for Kabuto and his Edo Tensei, the war would have been much much shorter.

Anyway, first footage of NSUNS4 gameplay, Hashirama vs Madara (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SV_U2NVxoXA). Dem particle effects! Game looks gorgeous.

Platinum fan.
16th December 2014, 11:40 PM
There was the hint around mid 400 with the hidden coffin, and Tobi asking Kabuto how he got it, and that's when I kinda confirmed to myself that Tobi wasn't Madara. And I wouldn't call Ōnoki a main character because if he was, then that would also make Hashirama a main character. That would make Madara related to Ōnoki because they met somewhere before when Onoki was still young, MadaHashi related because they used to be best friends turned rivals, and MadaSasu related because they're both Uchiha. I personally didn't like how Obito was so weak. If it wasn't for Kabuto and his Edo Tensei, the war would have been much much shorter.

Anyway, first footage of NSUNS4 gameplay, Hashirama vs Madara (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SV_U2NVxoXA). Dem particle effects! Game looks gorgeous.

The hint happened after like everything I just stated that Obito did as Tobi. There was a hint before that with the Minato flashback which truly put Madara's status into question. Madara and Sasuke were related by Uchiha clan but neither had any history with each other. Madara didn't care for Sasuke anymore then he did the rest of the world. The only people he truly acknowledged at first were Onoki and Hashirama. Two characters not important in the grand scheme of the final. As for Obito being weak as the villain Tobi. Well if he was all powerful Madara from the start he'd kill everyone without a storyline. When it comes to final villains, sometimes they cripple them so they aren't uber powerful at the start of the series and just end all the good guys lives at the start of the series and the villains plan is to gain or regain power so by the final he has the power to destroy everyone on earth. If Tobi was like that from the start, the series would have ended long ago. Then again, they pulled a switch and Madara became a dead old guy that Naruto and friends never truly met till the end and the final villain they thought they were fighting was a lackey. Ugh, poor Obito. This war ruined him.

Edit: Actually I'm wrong about the Minato flashback hint. It happens after the Kabuto thing you mentioned.

Lorde
17th December 2014, 12:32 AM
Speaking of which, did Sasuke even react in any way when he found out that Tobi wasn't Madara? I can't remember.

Platinum fan.
19th December 2014, 9:00 PM
Wow, this place sure has gotten quiet. That's to be expecting I guess. To answer Lorde's question, I don't even think Sasuke cared. A enemy was a enemy to him.

Void Ventus
20th December 2014, 10:35 AM
Wow, this place sure has gotten quiet. That's to be expecting I guess. To answer Lorde's question, I don't even think Sasuke cared. A enemy was a enemy to him.

Australia, New Zealand, and the Philippines are getting The Last next month, so maybe someone will record the whole movie, and there's some more discussions to be had. Until then, this thread will probably remain quiet until the mini series novels start hearing release, get leaked, and Part 3 hopefully is also teased.

On another Naruto media, Jump Festa NSUNS4 trailer released (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mVvWAVtcUOk). The trailer starts off with the last battle of the manga, Naruto vs Sasuke. This confirms that bunny lady will make it into the game, yay! The ending also shows off Naruto in his The Last costume. Hopefully this means The Last's events will be playable, rather than just giving us their costumes in that movie. Playable moon battle would be so sweet.

LightningMaster95
20th December 2014, 7:09 PM
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/12/the-last-naruto-the-movie-us-release-on-february-20-2015/
yes we dont have to wait 6 months or a year for the movie to come out in the U.S. :)

Lorde
20th December 2014, 8:02 PM
The movie's plot sounds terribad anyway, so I can't say that its English release has me excited. Does Shippuden even air on American television anymore?

LightningMaster95
21st December 2014, 1:59 AM
The movie's plot sounds terribad anyway, so I can't say that its English release has me excited. Does Shippuden even air on American television anymore?

its going to be played in japanese but with english subtitles

Void Ventus
21st December 2014, 2:12 AM
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/12/the-last-naruto-the-movie-us-release-on-february-20-2015/
yes we dont have to wait 6 months or a year for the movie to come out in the U.S. :)
Bluray better not come out like 6 months later.

I don't know about airing on TV, but the the dub on Hulu seems to be behind two seasons, or 119 episodes. Road to Sakura was just released a few weeks ago.

LightningMaster95
21st December 2014, 4:29 AM
Bluray better not come out like 6 months later.

ok the movie is going to come out in theaters in the U.S. in 2 months using their japanese voices with english subtitles. it coming out in bluray, dvd, eng dub, has had no mention at all... my concern is just watching the finale of Naruto as early as possible with proper eng subtitle

diakyu
21st December 2014, 3:19 PM
So here's some stuff on the new fillerbutnotreally arc going over the exam. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-21/naruto-shippuden-anime-next-arc-begins-in-january/.82457) Seems interesting, to bad though that it has to push the anime getting to chapter 699 even further away. They should've of waited and adapted all the stuff from the manga then do these other arcs.

Here's another link with more info- (http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/12/naruto-shippuden-chunin-exam-arc/)

This is the first since the incident with Orochimaru and Gaara, now Kazekage, is looking to make things right. With the help of the Leaf, the Hidden Sand Village will take on the responsibility as host. Unbeknownst to Gaara, Tsunade, and the ninja participating, there is danger on the horizon as an ominous figure approaches from the shadows. What is their objective? We’ll have to find out in the Naruto Shippuden Chunin Exam filler arc. Among the ninja in the arc are Sakura, Hinata, Kiba, Shino, Choji, Neji, Rock Lee, Tenten, and Jinchuriki Fuu.

Lorde
21st December 2014, 9:14 PM
I'm surprised that the anime will have another filler arc, but at least Fuu will be involved and we'll see how Sakura and the others became Chunin.

Platinum fan.
21st December 2014, 10:37 PM
Honestly I have little to no desire to see how they became Chunin. Don't mean to sound so negative, it's just those ranks don't mean anything anymore.

Mr. Reloaded
21st December 2014, 10:52 PM
Honestly I have little to no desire to see how they became Chunin. Don't mean to sound so negative, it's just those ranks don't mean anything anymore.

I gotta agree with this.

Seeing as Naruto is still a freaking Genin in The Last it only proves no one cares what rank you currently are as it's not a power level.

LightningMaster95
22nd December 2014, 4:25 PM
well atleast it will probably go back to being about ninjas instead of it being about dbz power fights/transporting into dimensions/bringing people back from the dead etc...

Lorde
22nd December 2014, 10:59 PM

Imo, it feels too late. Had this been an earlier filler arc I might've been more interested, but now it feels kind of redundant.

Void Ventus
23rd December 2014, 12:22 AM
The funny thing is, now that Naruto has become Hokage, kid ninjas shouldn't be a thing anymore. They can still have ninjas, but like our military employment system nowadays, it should be for people at least 18 years of age. If kid ninjas are still a thing after Naruto's become Hokage, then the bad guys were right all along. The entire ninja system needed to be retooled entirely. Shame, because I want to see the Chunin exams with the new kids.

Shneak
23rd December 2014, 1:33 AM
I love how the anime is getting the shaft. Good, since it's riddled with unnecessary fillers. Why on earth are they trying to stretch it out if people are going to lose interest in Naruto over the next few months?

The epilogue movie airing in the middle of the final battle is funny but it's even more amusing to see them rush to dub it when the dubbed anime is sooo far back.

Platinum fan.
23rd December 2014, 2:02 AM
I love how the anime is getting the shaft. Good, since it's riddled with unnecessary fillers. Why on earth are they trying to stretch it out if people are going to lose interest in Naruto over the next few months?

The epilogue movie airing in the middle of the final battle is funny but it's even more amusing to see them rush to dub it when the dubbed anime is sooo far back.

The Naruto anime to me feels unimportant now. I mean Naruto's anime isn't even dubbed on regular TV anymore. Unless it's like at midnight. The Naruto anime also makes the characters say some dumb things, like Sakura's "Naruto Vs Sasuke, who will I choose?" This was after Sasuke tried to murder her twice in one day. Ugh, making fun of Sakura is so easy now it's not even fun. I need someone else to poke fun at.

diakyu
23rd December 2014, 5:00 PM
Eh, I like the anime. And it's not like this filler arc is as bad as the others the anime has done before.

Also, a teaser site is up for BORUTO: NARUTO THE MOVIE (http://www.boruto-movie.com/) (please don't be the final name lol).

Lorde
23rd December 2014, 8:47 PM
The Naruto anime to me feels unimportant now.

It still serves a purpose at least; I personally like watching certain fights from the manga animated in the anime, and I look forward to Naruto vs. Sasuke's upcoming battle.

Void Ventus
23rd December 2014, 9:34 PM
Eh, I like the anime. And it's not like this filler arc is as bad as the others the anime has done before.

Also, a teaser site is up for BORUTO: NARUTO THE MOVIE (http://www.boruto-movie.com/) (please don't be the final name lol).
I'm fine with it, but kids being trained as ninjas of war shouldn't even be a thing anymore.

It still serves a purpose at least; I personally like watching certain fights from the manga animated in the anime, and I look forward to Naruto vs. Sasuke's upcoming battle.
How long did the OG NaruSasu battle last? I remember it went for like 5-6 episodes, with flashback galore. I can't waaait to watch 95% flashbacks on the last battle of the anime.

Caseydia
25th December 2014, 6:02 PM
The Naruto anime to me feels unimportant now. I mean Naruto's anime isn't even dubbed on regular TV anymore. Unless it's like at midnight. The Naruto anime also makes the characters say some dumb things, like Sakura's "Naruto Vs Sasuke, who will I choose?" This was after Sasuke tried to murder her twice in one day. Ugh, making fun of Sakura is so easy now it's not even fun. I need someone else to poke fun at.

The reason it feels so important because it's about to end. I'm more interested in what role will Bolt and the other kids be rather than the other things going on right now.

diakyu
25th December 2014, 6:15 PM
The reason it feels so important because it's about to end. I'm more interested in what role will Bolt and the other kids be rather than the other things going on right now.
They have no intention of ending the anime it looks like. It's likely they intend to do fillers and adapt the Boruto manga after they do ch 699.

Void Ventus
25th December 2014, 6:23 PM
They have no intention of ending the anime it looks like. It's likely they intend to do fillers and adapt the Boruto manga after they do ch 699.

I'm 100% A-Ok with another near 100 episodes worth of filler between the last two chapters. Would make for a lot of fun fillers and actually freaking show character development to everyone.

Lorde
25th December 2014, 8:37 PM

Bolt is essentially a mini-Naruto, so his role when the mini-series starts will be predictable in my view. I'm honestly not really looking forward to it tbh.

diakyu
25th December 2014, 10:49 PM
Bolt is essentially a mini-Naruto, so his role when the mini-series starts will be predictable in my view. I'm honestly not really looking forward to it tbh.
Well, at least Kishi seems pretty excited about the new way he makes Boruto fight, so at least his fighting style won't be Naruto 2.0

Red and Blue
25th December 2014, 11:14 PM
http://fortunatelymystisupersonicboom.tumblr.com/post/106058339944/lovely-icecream-princess-tothenextmillennium

So apparently two chapters between 699 and 700 are coming out.

Lorde
25th December 2014, 11:19 PM
So Naruto's relatives will be resurrected? Is Edo Tensei involved again? Because it sounds like fan fiction.

Red and Blue
25th December 2014, 11:21 PM
So Naruto's relatives will be resurrected? Is Edo Tensei involved again?

Hopefully it will be through a alternate method

Since it was mentioned that Sakura will be seen giving birth to Sarada, I hope that finally ends the "Karin is the biological mother" theory

Lorde
25th December 2014, 11:25 PM
Since it was mentioned that Sakura will be seen giving birth to Sarada, I hope that finally ends the "Karin is the biological mother" theory

I thought that was often said as a joke anyway. Aside from her glasses, nothing implied that she had any connection to Karin to start with. :x

diakyu
26th December 2014, 12:44 AM
So Naruto's relatives will be resurrected? Is Edo Tensei involved again? Because it sounds like fan fiction.
I completely agree. This reads like a fan's dream.

Void Ventus
26th December 2014, 3:57 AM
Lol Minato and Kushina gets revived accidentally? That's effing stupid. Then again, it could be Sauce being a bro and reviving his parents for funsies.

Hopefully Sakura isn't under Infinte Tsukiyomi

Lorde
26th December 2014, 8:53 PM
I'm just glad about the SasuSaku chapter; seeing them together should be interesting at least and might make me think better of that pairing.

Platinum fan.
26th December 2014, 10:33 PM
Naruto's folks are getting revived again? Whatever. I have no desire to see Shallowshipping. That's what I call SasukeXSakura. I'm sure they have a official name, but as far as I'm concerned it's Shallowshipping. I hope Boruto's mini series has a far better leading lady kunoichi then Sakura was. One that actually has a backbone. And on that note I hope Sakura appears rarely if at all in it. Though Boruto having a different fighting style then Naruto's does interest me. I hope Boruto fights with more ninja weapons.

diakyu
26th December 2014, 10:54 PM
I hope Boruto fights with more ninja weapons.
I agree. Since we're going back to young teenagers who likely don't know that many powerful jutsus I expect a lot of weapons and Taijutsu

Akashin
26th December 2014, 10:55 PM
Naruto's folks are getting revived again? Whatever. I have no desire to see Shallowshipping. That's what I call SasukeXSakura. I'm sure they have a official name, but as far as I'm concerned it's Shallowshipping. I hope Boruto's mini series has a far better leading lady kunoichi then Sakura was. One that actually has a backbone. And on that note I hope Sakura appears rarely if at all in it. Though Boruto having a different fighting style then Naruto's does interest me. I hope Boruto fights with more ninja weapons.

Did Naruto pairings even get titles like that? I've only known them as things like NaruHina, NaruSaku, SasuSaku, etc.

Would it be too much to hope to see Boruto be a non-Sharingan Genjutsu specialist? I'd be all for him making plenty of use of ninja weapons, if we absolutely must hope for something that has any vague chance of actually happening.

Lorde
26th December 2014, 10:57 PM
I hope Boruto fights with more ninja weapons.

I don't. I know that this is a ninja series, but fights with shuriken and kunai are so bland in my opinion. Ninjutsu is needed more than simple ninja tools imho.

uber gon
26th December 2014, 11:25 PM
I'm happy Minato and Kushina are apparently coming back. Their past SUCKED.

LightningMaster95
27th December 2014, 1:39 AM
I agree. Since we're going back to young teenagers who likely don't know that many powerful jutsus I expect a lot of weapons and Taijutsu

since kishimoto was inspired by dragon ball what if boruto and sarada were like goku jr and vejeta junior and were able to use high level techniques from the start boruto (rasengan and sage mode plus gentle step twin lion fists) sarada (susannoo and strength of a hundred seal)

Void Ventus
27th December 2014, 5:57 AM
since kishimoto was inspired by dragon ball what if boruto and sarada were like goku jr and vejeta junior and were able to use high level techniques from the start boruto (rasengan and sage mode plus gentle step twin lion fists) sarada (susannoo and strength of a hundred seal)

Inspired, you say? I'd say Saucekura is a blatant ripoff of Vegetabul.

Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr aren't canon, are they? I didn't like that Goku's family and the Briefs were separated sometime and now Vegeta Jr's mom doesn't even know old Pan. It's a shame that because it's Shonen, it has to be a boy manga, thus Bolt will get everything while Himawari is left as a side character. Would be awesome if she was the one TnJing instead of Bolt. (Although I doubt TNJ will work since Naruto is still alive, not allowing for Ashura's spirit to be reborn). Sarada's cool with me though. Give her Susano'o and Sakura's healing capabilities. I'd personally love it if Lee's son/student (wish Kishi clears this up soon) is in Bolt and Sarada's team. If the kid is Lee's and Tenten's son, he could be a Taijutsu and weapons expert. While B/S are using hax moves, Lee Jr is there to show off good ol' close combat action.

Shneak
27th December 2014, 6:23 AM
http://fortunatelymystisupersonicboom.tumblr.com/post/106058339944/lovely-icecream-princess-tothenextmillennium

So apparently two chapters between 699 and 700 are coming out.

Dear god, this sounds so dumb. It proves Kishi rushed to have it end at 700. My opinions on the finale have really soured since the release.

Lorde
27th December 2014, 8:44 PM
The whole resurrection of Naruto's mom and dad sounds like it'll be comedic tbh. I bet it'll be like the Naruto and Hinata date chapter, which I thought was cute.

Platinum fan.
30th December 2014, 9:51 PM
I'm happy Minato and Kushina are apparently coming back. Their past SUCKED.

A lot of characters past sucked. Doesn't mean they need to come back to life. I was fine with Minato and Kushina's story. It sucks that both died, but to just keep bringing them back to life, makes this series feel more like a fanfic. And frankly that's what Naruto feels like now. A big barfed up fanfic. Anyway this will be Minato's like 3rd time coming back from beyond the grave and Kushina's 2nd. What's the point of death if characters just keep coming back?

LightningMaster95
1st January 2015, 8:45 PM
A lot of characters past sucked. Doesn't mean they need to come back to life. I was fine with Minato and Kushina's story. It sucks that both died, but to just keep bringing them back to life, makes this series feel more like a fanfic. And frankly that's what Naruto feels like now. A big barfed up fanfic. Anyway this will be Minato's like 3rd time coming back from beyond the grave and Kushina's 2nd. What's the point of death if characters just keep coming back?

its probably kishi still getting over his dads death(speculating) i think he said that naruto was himself sasuke was his brother or something like that so him bringing back minato(father) is kishi saying he wants his father back from the dead...thats how im viewing it

naruto=kishimoto
minato=kishimoto dad

Platinum fan.
1st January 2015, 10:36 PM
its probably kishi still getting over his dads death(speculating) i think he said that naruto was himself sasuke was his brother or something like that so him bringing back minato(father) is kishi saying he wants his father back from the dead...thats how im viewing it

naruto=kishimoto
minato=kishimoto dad

Is that why this is happening? I wasn't aware of that. While I still don't agree with Minato's character constantly reappearing, the meaning behind it is touching. So I won't complain about it anymore.

LightningMaster95
1st January 2015, 11:00 PM
Is that why this is happening? I wasn't aware of that. While I still don't agree with Minato's character constantly reappearing, the meaning behind it is touching. So I won't complain about it anymore.

its my theory on why he revives minato again..cuz after kishi's dad died last year or the year before he focused on naruto nd minato relationship and making minato seem like a better father so it might be connected

nd yes his dad did die

Lorde
2nd January 2015, 12:12 AM

Minato coming back to life again is annoying since he was already revived before, but I could let Kushina slide since she hasn't been truly revived before (I don't count her appearance when Naruto fought Kurama).

Platinum fan.
2nd January 2015, 7:25 PM
Minato coming back to life again is annoying since he was already revived before, but I could let Kushina slide since she hasn't been truly revived before (I don't count her appearance when Naruto fought Kurama).

The thing about Kushina is, I don't need to see her alive again in this era when she's dead. I saw her interact with Naruto, bond with Naruto, we got her awesome backstory, and frankly I think she's the coolest female character in the Naruto series. Yet another reason I want a Team Minato spinoff.

That being said, why revive her now? I have zero interest in Kushina meeting Hinata or Sakura, if that's where they are going. Those two barely matter in the series anymore, other then giving Naruto and Sasuke babies. If you want more Kushina then make that Team Minato spinoff, but reviving her from the dead just totally makes the concept of death meaningless and undermines her sacrifice to save Konoha and her son.

Akashin
2nd January 2015, 7:33 PM
The thing about Kushina is, I don't need to see her alive again in this era when she's dead. I saw her interact with Naruto, bond with Naruto, we got her awesome backstory, and frankly I think she's the coolest female character in the Naruto series. Yet another reason I want a Team Minato spinoff.

That being said, why revive her now? I have zero interest in Kushina meeting Hinata or Sakura, if that's where they are going. Those two barely matter in the series anymore, other then giving Naruto and Sasuke babies. If you want more Kushina then make that Team Minato spinoff, but reviving her from the dead just totally makes the concept of death meaningless and undermines her sacrifice to save Konoha and her son.

This, pretty much. Kushina's story was told, as was Minato's (for the record, I was against him coming back during the war, too; though I was against all of the Kages coming back for that matter). I can't think of a good reason why she needs to come back.

The very concept of Edo Tensei irked me for exactly this reason. Let the dead stay dead.

-Raiga-
2nd January 2015, 7:49 PM
I liked the concept of the Edo Tensei as it related to the war, specifically to showcase previous characters who we knew little about like madara or the other kages. What I didn't care for was the revival of everyone with an existing backstory.

I wish Kishi would have found scapegoat for not reviving itachi, zabuza, etc. like he did for jiraiya.

Lorde
2nd January 2015, 10:49 PM
but reviving her from the dead just totally makes the concept of death meaningless and undermines her sacrifice to save Konoha and her son.

That didn't stop Kishi from reviving Minato, Itachi, and several other characters who had closure already. I don't see Kushina's revival as bad, but I'm not interested in it much either.

Void Ventus
3rd January 2015, 10:55 PM
I checked Hulu today, and found out the first few episodes of Rock Lee SD got dubbed! Naruto sounded way different though. Everyone else sounds the same except for him. His old VA got replaced, or just the original VA does the main series, while the new VA only does Rock Lee SD?

Mr. Reloaded
6th January 2015, 6:14 PM
I checked Hulu today, and found out the first few episodes of Rock Lee SD got dubbed! Naruto sounded way different though. Everyone else sounds the same except for him. His old VA got replaced, or just the original VA does the main series, while the new VA only does Rock Lee SD?

She announced on her Twitter that she was only doing the voice for the main series.

SD Naruto has a new VA.

Platinum fan.
6th January 2015, 9:28 PM
That didn't stop Kishi from reviving Minato, Itachi, and several other characters who had closure already. I don't see Kushina's revival as bad, but I'm not interested in it much either.

That didn't make those revivals good. I dislike Edo Tensei and the concept of it. The only time I ever liked it was the first time it was used because it had never been used before and the Hashirama and Tobirama had never really been in the series before. Of course the second time they got revived they are more broken then before, but oh well. The other time is for selfish reasons. As a fan I did enjoy seeing Zabuza and Haku back shortly. Even though neither had any business to be back.

I strongly dislike the dead coming back to life, unless the writer shouldn't have killed them off in the first place. That's the only time I accept zombies. No Naruto character needed to return. I liked that Minato and Kushina returned inside Naruto's mind or whatever to guide him, because that was a part of themselves they left behind for Naruto. But a full on flesh and blood revival? I am not a fan of those. It cheapens death and makes it meaningless.

Void Ventus
7th January 2015, 5:25 AM
She announced on her Twitter that she was only doing the voice for the main series.

SD Naruto has a new VA.
Why though? It sounds like every other character has their original VAs.

That didn't make those revivals good. I dislike Edo Tensei and the concept of it. The only time I ever liked it was the first time it was used because it had never been used before and the Hashirama and Tobirama had never really been in the series before. Of course the second time they got revived they are more broken then before, but oh well. The other time is for selfish reasons. As a fan I did enjoy seeing Zabuza and Haku back shortly. Even though neither had any business to be back.

I strongly dislike the dead coming back to life, unless the writer shouldn't have killed them off in the first place. That's the only time I accept zombies. No Naruto character needed to return. I liked that Minato and Kushina returned inside Naruto's mind or whatever to guide him, because that was a part of themselves they left behind for Naruto. But a full on flesh and blood revival? I am not a fan of those. It cheapens death and makes it meaningless.
Didn't Oro restrict Hashi and Tobi the first time? Second time they were revived, they were free. And I thought it was used well. Using it to revive the strongest ninjas of the past to wreak havoc was a great idea. It was only used twice too in the whole series (well, except for the upcoming chapters), unlike in DBZ where every dead characters were revived after every season.

Minato and Kushina being revived "accidentally" is stupid. Sounds like something from a filler.

Platinum fan.
7th January 2015, 3:09 PM
Why though? It sounds like every other character has their original VAs.

Didn't Oro restrict Hashi and Tobi the first time? Second time they were revived, they were free. And I thought it was used well. Using it to revive the strongest ninjas of the past to wreak havoc was a great idea. It was only used twice too in the whole series (well, except for the upcoming chapters), unlike in DBZ where every dead characters were revived after every season.

Minato and Kushina being revived "accidentally" is stupid. Sounds like something from a filler.

Orochimaru "restricting" them was just a excuse to explain why they weren't OP back in part 1 like they were in the war. The minute Orochimaru revived them, Hashirama should have been able to break out like he did in part 2. One could argue that when Orochimaru put those kunai in their backs it restricted them, but Hashirama and Tobirama had plenty of time to do something before Orochimaru finally did that. Edo Tensei was just a lazy way to create opponents for the war, instead of doing something like Obito/Fakedara going around and recruiting the most evil rogue shinobi from other villages or something. It also showed this generation sucked compared to the old, minus Naruto and Sasuke. I was not a fan of how Edo Tensei became the wars scapegoat. Instead of elevating characters like Sakura, Shikamaru, Neji, Choji, Shino and the likes to true elite levels, Naruto took the DBZ route and only certain people from a bloodline were relevant. It's one reason why I hate DBZ with a passion, I don't even like to talk about that series. Naruto thankfully didn't get to that point and even through the bad I stayed loyal. The war arc was a bad arc with good moments and scenes here and there, I won't say it was 100% terrible. Some moments I truly did love about this arc.

By the way. Has anyone seen the cover of Naruto volume 68? Let me just says it's the best cover Naruto cover ever. And probably the closest I'll ever get to my dream spin off series :D

Jb
7th January 2015, 3:38 PM
By the way. Has anyone seen the cover of Naruto volume 68? Let me just says it's the best cover Naruto cover ever. And probably the closest I'll ever get to my dream spin off series :D

I like that one too. These are my favorites
15 - https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/268231_312385255563098_1641760147_n.jpg?oh=9ebb26a 712c4d242388aa3e6ef7e00dd&oe=5540ADC1&__gda__=1433318672_aa3fd7559e7943efb39c11745e0c702 5
41 - https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/v/t1.0-9/945644_312866438848313_822409061_n.jpg?oh=635906f8 4c8e412995e6bbfe7221c181&oe=5535E25C&__gda__=1430552850_ac77aec4a6173bc0ab20a6a5da3fa9b f
45 - https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/297508_312872448847712_1593105306_n.jpg?oh=edc4d67 886114678b54a592b9939fea8&oe=556D3F62
48 - https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/v/t1.0-9/944110_312537875547836_1801353677_n.jpg?oh=e357f65 23ec1061fda0962d5525d0395&oe=552DADFB
70 - https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/994449_511269105674711_8281771370283788714_n.jpg?o h=36f2ae9218883576571323596c1f9871&oe=556EAF9B&__gda__=1429814809_ed2adbda690248d0ae4b2422ed4101c 9

LightningMaster95
7th January 2015, 9:25 PM
Orochimaru "restricting" them was just a excuse to explain why they weren't OP back in part 1 like they were in the war. The minute Orochimaru revived them, Hashirama should have been able to break out like he did in part 2. One could argue that when Orochimaru put those kunai in their backs it restricted them, but Hashirama and Tobirama had plenty of time to do something before Orochimaru finally did that. Edo Tensei was just a lazy way to create opponents for the war, instead of doing something like Obito/Fakedara going around and recruiting the most evil rogue shinobi from other villages or something. It also showed this generation sucked compared to the old, minus Naruto and Sasuke. I was not a fan of how Edo Tensei became the wars scapegoat. Instead of elevating characters like Sakura, Shikamaru, Neji, Choji, Shino and the likes to true elite levels, Naruto took the DBZ route and only certain people from a bloodline were relevant. It's one reason why I hate DBZ with a passion, I don't even like to talk about that series. Naruto thankfully didn't get to that point and even through the bad I stayed loyal. The war arc was a bad arc with good moments and scenes here and there, I won't say it was 100% terrible. Some moments I truly did love about this arc.
no the reason why they werent OP when they were edo tensie the first time was that orochimaru said it wasnt completed yet it was only better than tobirama edo tensei...kabuto didnt even completely finish it either as tobirama or hashirama said the second time they came back they were almost at full power suggesting it still wasnt complete...i agree about it wouldve been better for obito to recruit rogue ninja from other villages to fight...well madara showed that he was better than naruto and sasuke. naruto didnt get to that point? uchihas nd the senju were the only bloodlines that got any relevance how can you say that u hate dbz when naruto was influenced by dbz

Platinum fan.
7th January 2015, 9:44 PM
no the reason why they werent OP when they were edo tensie the first time was that orochimaru said it wasnt completed yet it was only better than tobirama edo tensei...kabuto didnt even completely finish it either as tobirama or hashirama said the second time they came back they were almost at full power suggesting it still wasnt complete...i agree about it wouldve been better for obito to recruit rogue ninja from other villages to fight...well madara showed that he was better than naruto and sasuke. naruto didnt get to that point? uchihas nd the senju were the only bloodlines that got any relevance how can you say that u hate dbz when naruto was influenced by dbz

I have my reasons for hating that series. But as I said, I don't like to talk about. So I'll just leave it at that. Naruto almost got as bad as that series, but it didn't, thankfully.

Back to Naruto, again this was all a excuse to explain why Hashirama and Tobirama weren't OP in part 1. When Orochimaru first used Edo Tensei, it was not stated the jutsu wasn't complete. Orochimaru himself even went as far as to restore Hashirama and Tobirama to their "original" selves as he and Hiruzen put it. So they didn't say the jutsu was incomplete at the time. They had to say that in part 2 to explain how Hashirama and Tobirama would even measure up to Madara, who broke the scale in terms of OP character. They could have given them a BS powerup like they did Minato, but I guess that would have been too much.

But when I think about it, I suppose I'm sorta glad they at least gave a explanation as to why Hashirama and Tobirama weren't OP in part 1. But it also ties into the whole "Strongest Hokage" inconsistent problem they had between Hashirama, Minato, and Hiruzen. Now that title is without a doubt Hashirama's.

Lorde
7th January 2015, 10:13 PM
i agree about it wouldve been better for obito to recruit rogue ninja from other villages to fight...

I don't think that would've been any better than Edo Tensei tbh since we'd simply get more new characters, and it's not as if they'd have been well-developed anyway in my opinion.

Platinum fan.
7th January 2015, 10:38 PM
I don't think that would've been any better than Edo Tensei tbh since we'd simply get more new characters, and it's not as if they'd have been well-developed anyway in my opinion.

At least you can't Talk No Jutsu them or seal them up. Edo Tensei was a lazy excuse to give the bad guys a army. Not all of them were bad. 2nd Mizukage was great. The Gold and Silver Brothers were pretty cool before one of them became a Naruto knock off. But instead of making them dead zombies, just make them prisoners of Raikage, who Obito frees and recruits them? I wouldn't have mind new villains for the war arc, because if the war was actually good, you could have given them enough screentime to be memorable. Half the villains in Naruto appeared in only one or two fights and they have large fanbases. Just look at Deidara. He's had like what, 3 fights in the entire series, yet he became very popular and ranked really high in one of the Naruto popularity charts. The Edo Tensei's just took already established characters and made them even weaker or stronger depending on the plot.

Akashin
7th January 2015, 10:40 PM

If the choice is between spamming Edo Tensei to the point that the idea of characters dying is cheapened and using a mercenary army (which, by the way, was at one point part of Akatsuki's plan anyway), I'll go with the latter.

Red and Blue
8th January 2015, 6:56 AM
I wonder what ever happened to the Senju clan? Aside from Tsunade, we haven't seen any other present day Senju clan members. Which is odd since they were just as powerful and important as the Uchihas. I wonder how the Uchiha's remained until the massacre while the Senjus faded away?

Lorde
8th January 2015, 7:49 AM
I wonder what ever happened to the Senju clan? Aside from Tsunade, we haven't seen any other present day Senju clan member. Which is odd since they were just as powerful and important as the Uchihas. I wonder how the Uchiha's remained until the massacre while the Senjus faded away?

I always wondered about that as well. I suppose it's possible that most of the Senju clan simply died out or integrated with other clans.

Void Ventus
8th January 2015, 9:28 AM
There was a new villain introduced in the war. Lots of people hated her and thought she was a copout...

I was personally completely fine with Edo Tensei. We all knew Oro and Kabuto were sneaky and suspicious DNA tempering mofos. Knowing Kabuto had all those DNA samples from all these dead ninjas of the past makes complete sense. What I don't get is that Edo Tensei was a last resort thing. He didn't know Kabuto had freaking Edo Tensei until after the freaking Gokage summit. Did he really think a whole bunch of Zetsu clones and the Gedo Mazou and himself would have been enough for the war?

The Senju clan not being present by the time the manga took place is dumb. The Clan that gave birth to the founder of the Leaf Village, and they all disappear in less than 40 years. Stupid and nonsensical. Another thing is that the Senjus and Uchihas used to both live in the same village, yet Oro never bothered to kill at least one very weak person from each clan for research. Plot holes.

Lorde
8th January 2015, 8:59 PM
There was a new villain introduced in the war. Lots of people hated her and thought she was a copout...

She was underwhelming, so she deserved the hate in my view; I lost respect for her when she started crying and reminiscing about her sons.

Void Ventus
8th January 2015, 10:04 PM
She was underwhelming, so she deserved the hate in my view; I lost respect for her when she started crying and reminiscing about her sons.
Nah breh. She became the Juubi, and was sealed for thousands of years (or however long it's been). Her two sons had died, and her grandchildrens' souls and stuff had now passed on to Naruto and Sauce. Crying under that situation is acceptable. But then again, she is the Juubi and the final baddie, so she shouldn't have shown any emotions... the Sexy Male Harem actually working was the dumb part of the fight. Also, Toneri waiting 2 years to come down to Earth, instead of helping his ancestor when she was unsealed.

Red and Blue
8th January 2015, 10:43 PM
I always wondered about that as well. I suppose it's possible that most of the Senju clan simply died out or integrated with other clans.

I think those two options are the most likely outcome. I had hoped that Kishimoto would have introduced some present day Senjus in Part 2 but alas

LightningMaster95
9th January 2015, 5:47 AM
top 5 strongest shinobi when they were alive not edo tensei

1. madara
2. naruto
3. sasuke
4. obito
5. Gai

top 5 including everyone with edo tensei power up feats
1. madara
2. kaguya
3. naruto
4. sasuke
5. hashirama

Void Ventus
9th January 2015, 6:04 AM
top 5 strongest shinobi when they were alive not edo tensei

1. madara
2. naruto
3. sasuke
4. obito
5. Gai
When who was alive actually? If you're adding Madara, why not also include Hashirama and Kaguya and her two sons? Didn't Madara die shortly before Obito attacked the village, meaning Naruto was born after Madara was alive? When Kaguya was alive, weren't her sons stronger than her?

top 5 including everyone with edo tensei power up feats
1. madara
2. kaguya
3. naruto
4. sasuke
5. hashirama
I'd put Kaguya at #1, Madara at #4, Naruto and Sasuke at #2 and #3, Hashi the same.

Jb
9th January 2015, 6:14 AM
I haven't been convinced that Naruto and Sasuke were stronger than Full powered Edo Nagato. They've haven't shown anything that impressive and were still getting slap around with their powerups until Madara got fudged

including edo and such but not including since that was total fanfiction nonsense

1. kaguya
2. Madara/Hashi
3. Edo Nagato
4. Naruto
5. Sasuke

Red and Blue
9th January 2015, 6:59 AM
Er, I'm pretty sure that both Sasuke and Naruto were stronger than edo Nagato even before they got the Sage's power. Anyway

1. Kaguya
2. Madara
3. Naruto
4. Sasuke
5. Kakashi

LightningMaster95
9th January 2015, 7:23 AM
When who was alive actually? If you're adding Madara, why not also include Hashirama and Kaguya and her two sons? Didn't Madara die shortly before Obito attacked the village, meaning Naruto was born after Madara was alive? When Kaguya was alive, weren't her sons stronger than her?

I'd put Kaguya at #1, Madara at #4, Naruto and Sasuke at #2 and #3, Hashi the same.

the first list was about people who were alive through out the war not brought back by edo tensei...madara was brought back to life just like kakashi with rinne tensei so technically he should be considered alive unless u consider kakashi a zombie...kaguya idk what to classify her alive/dead so i left her out also i said shinobi kaguya wasnt a shinobi...as for hashirama he was edo tensei for the war so i left him out of the first list

the second list dealt with everyone edo tensei, kaguya, alive, dead,if they were not ninja etc... kaguya to me would be the only one who could top madara...madara nearly killed naruto and sasuke a couple of times through out the war...naruto didnt beat him alone and sasuke didnt beat him alone it took both of them to atleast stand up to him but still couldnt really do anything so to me madara>>>naruto madara>>>sasuke

I haven't been convinced that Naruto and Sasuke were stronger than Full powered Edo Nagato. They've haven't shown anything that impressive and were still getting slap around with their powerups until Madara got fudged

including edo and such but not including since that was total fanfiction nonsense

1. kaguya
2. Madara/Hashi
3. Edo Nagato
4. Naruto
5. Sasuke
ummmmm naruto sage of six paths mode and rinnegan sasuke...idk where to start but lets just say naruto's bijuu mode when kuruma had six arms and 3 heads and sasukes susannoo with lightning plus indra arrow tops anything edo nagato has

Lorde
9th January 2015, 7:43 AM
Kaguya's abilities were too cheap; I don't even want to rank her tbh. I still wish that Madara had been the final villain in the war; I think of him as the strongest ninja during that arc and the strongest in general aside from Kaguya and the Sage of Six Paths.

Jb
9th January 2015, 7:44 AM
Er, I'm pretty sure that both Sasuke and Naruto were stronger than edo Nagato even before they got the Sage's power. Anyway

idk mane, naruto, bee and itachi were mere flies compared to nagato, all naruto really got later on was more charaka.

iirc madara used the rinnegan to abosord naruto or someones bigass attack so as far as im concerned, all that bijuu chakra nonsense can just be absorbed by nagato as well

id be ok with dropping him one spot lower and bumping up naruto before they got hax powers but before that, there was no way. keeping in mind edo nagato had unlimited charka, thats a pretty big advantage over sauce since he tires easily

LightningMaster95
9th January 2015, 7:51 AM
idk mane, naruto, bee and itachi were mere flies compared to nagato, all naruto really got later on was more charaka.

iirc madara used the rinnegan to abosord naruto or someones bigass attack so as far as im concerned, all that bijuu chakra nonsense can just be absorbed by nagato as well

id be ok with dropping him one spot lower and bumping up naruto before they got hax powers but before that, there was no way. keeping in mind edo nagato had unlimited charka, thats a pretty big advantage over sauce since he tires easily
where in the manga do u consider the moment they got hax powers? i want to know so we can debate cuz we might differ in which point their power became hax

Jb
9th January 2015, 8:04 AM
When they 'died' or whatever and got the sages powers. I'll agree with Naruto being a step above Nagato (i could still debate it though but let's not for the sake of this post). Mainly due to high stamina. Other wise, I just see unlimited charka Nagato stalling Naruto until one of them tires out.

On the other hand, I still say Sasuke is weaker. He had trouble using both his eyes after the powerup iirc and tired out pretty fast. Combine that with not knowing the full powers of the rinnegan, and the fact that his moves would be more easy to adsorb than Naruto, I'd still put Nagato higher. The way Madara was stomping him, it doesn't seem like he'd fare much better against another rinnegan user. Though, if there was something in manga that disproves this, im all ears. i was kind glancing over the last battle so i might of missed some things.

Platinum fan.
9th January 2015, 2:17 PM
Edo Tensei Nagato is powerful for sure. Probably one of the strongest foes in the entire series. I will not debate that at all. But after Naruto and Sasuke got their Sage of Six Path uber powers, I think they could beat him. Naruto was caught off guard by Edo Tensei Nagato when they fought, but he remembered all his powers. He just wasn't expecting Nagato to be able to use them all himself without his Pain dolls. I'm not saying Naruto could have beaten Nagato at that time without Itachi and Killer Bee with him, but after Naruto got his Sage of Six Paths powers? Yeah, I think he could pull off a win. It would be tough for sure, because not only is Nagato powerful, but he's also a Edo Tensei. Meanining unlimited broken chakra. So one error on Naruto's part could lead Nagato to a win. Nagato's kinda overlooked because Madara is basically a fusion of Nagato and Itachi with triple the power.

Obviously Madara is the strongest. Even with the hax, Naruto and Sasuke didn't actually beat him. Kishi pulled the Kaguya trick. We'll never know if Naruto and Sasuke could have beaten Madara or not. Storyline wise they'd have to but it seems Kishi made Kaguya a scapegoat. But I would certainly put Guy on the list. Might Guy is the only person to damage Madara at his best. And he did it alone. So Guy certainly deserves a spot. But for strongest it's Madara. Madara was so OP he didn't feel like a Naruto villain.

Lorde
10th January 2015, 3:03 AM
Obviously Madara is the strongest. Even with the hax, Naruto and Sasuke didn't actually beat him. Kishi pulled the Kaguya trick. We'll never know if Naruto and Sasuke could have beaten Madara or not. Storyline wise they'd have to but it seems Kishi made Kaguya a scapegoat. But I would certainly put Guy on the list. Might Guy is the only person to damage Madara at his best. And he did it alone. So Guy certainly deserves a spot. But for strongest it's Madara. Madara was so OP he didn't feel like a Naruto villain.

Kishi said in an interview right before Tobi was unmasked that Madara was invincible, so I figure that he planned to have Kaguya sprout out of Madara to get rid of Madara without him actually being defeated by Naruto.

Void Ventus
10th January 2015, 5:37 AM
Naruto and Sasuke without a doubt could have defeated Madara, with Plot no Jutsu by their side. Kishimoto already said NvS was going to be the last fight, so you know Madara stood no chance of surviving. Only reason Kaguya was nerfed was because she obviously wasnt allowed to kill our main characters. Madara was allowed to kill the Gokage and mess around with fodders and side characters, so his full power was shown. Plus, The Last advertisements were finally releasing, and we saw our main characters alive, so there was no feeling of suspense anymore about who'll live or die.

Anyway, post war Narusuke are the strongest Shinobis of their generation. Just 2 years later, Sauce singlehandedly destroyed a meteor with one sword slash, and Naruto was fighting on the moon being a space ninja. If there is a Part 3, who exactly would be even stronger than them? Maybe because Kakashi, Obito, and Kaguya were carelessly opening dimensional rifts, stronger enemies from those comes over and decide to attack the dimension where the Narusuke resides? Might as well do it now before Toriyama comes back to DB again and tell the story of another dimension.

LightningMaster95
10th January 2015, 6:08 AM
Naruto and Sasuke without a doubt could have defeated Madara, with Plot no Jutsu by their side. Kishimoto already said NvS was going to be the last fight, so you know Madara stood no chance of surviving. Only reason Kaguya was nerfed was because she obviously wasnt allowed to kill our main characters. Madara was allowed to kill the Gokage and mess around with fodders and side characters, so his full power was shown. Plus, The Last advertisements were finally releasing, and we saw our main characters alive, so there was no feeling of suspense anymore about who'll live or die.

Anyway, post war Narusuke are the strongest Shinobis of their generation. Just 2 years later, Sauce singlehandedly destroyed a meteor with one sword slash, and Naruto was fighting on the moon being a space ninja. If there is a Part 3, who exactly would be even stronger than them? Maybe because Kakashi, Obito, and Kaguya were carelessly opening dimensional rifts, stronger enemies from those comes over and decide to attack the dimension where the Narusuke resides? Might as well do it now before Toriyama comes back to DB again and tell the story of another dimension.
ok explain how they couldve beaten him when the writer of the series couldnt think of a possible way to do it which implies naruto and sasuke couldnt do it together even with plot no jutsu...we saw naruto and sasuke at death doors when they fought madara even before he got the juubi powers

but i will agree post war naruto and sasuke are the strongest (no duh they are the main characters) also he destroyed the meteor with a chidori not his sword

Void Ventus
10th January 2015, 6:28 AM
ok explain how they couldve beaten him when the writer of the series couldnt think of a possible way to do it which implies naruto and sasuke couldnt do it together even with plot no jutsu...we saw naruto and sasuke at death doors when they fought madara even before he got the juubi powers

but i will agree post war naruto and sasuke are the strongest (no duh they are the main characters) also he destroyed the meteor with a chidori not his sword
Kishi said NvS was the finale. Why would they fight if they couldn't defeat Madara? I forgot that he was even allowed to kill NS to conveniently introduce Hagoromo, so that's another reason why he seemed much stronger than Kaguya. Kishi could have written all kinds of BS, like maybe his own version of the Potara earrings or Fusion. (I reference DB a lot because that's the only shonen anime I've ever finished, so he could have also copied a lot of BS power-ups from various other Shonens) The Kaguya fight just felt really rushed and she wasn't allowed to be fleshed out due to time constraints.

Destroying the meteor with his Chidori is even better then. He didn't resort to Susano'o or use Raikiri to destroy it, just good ol' Chidori. I think I remember someone saying Rock Lee also had an even better moment by also breaking a meteor by kicking it. That true? If so, that's even cooler than Sasuke's.

Jb
10th January 2015, 9:36 PM
Destroying the meteor with his Chidori is even better then. He didn't resort to Susano'o or use Raikiri to destroy it, just good ol' Chidori. I think I remember someone saying Rock Lee also had an even better moment by also breaking a meteor by kicking it. That true? If so, that's even cooler than Sasuke's.

That's true. Hell, the entire village was destroying meteors so sauce doing it isn't really an accomplishment.

Red and Blue
16th January 2015, 2:12 AM
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-15/contents-of-naruto-epilogue-novels-unveiled/.83299

Synopsis' for the upcoming post Naruto novels

Lorde
16th January 2015, 2:19 AM
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-15/contents-of-naruto-epilogue-novels-unveiled/.83299

Are the novels part of the "mini-series," or their own thing? I'm interested in the Akatsuki novel, but I wish it was a manga instead.

Red and Blue
16th January 2015, 2:21 AM
Are the novels part of the "mini-series," or their own thing? I'm interested in the Akatsuki novel, but I wish it was a manga instead.

They take place before chapter 700, so I think they're its own thing

LightningMaster95
16th January 2015, 7:30 PM
i wonder who the strongest genjutsu user is?
my first instincts would be itachi or shishui but as edo tensei more preferably shishui since we didnt get much of him in the manga and i believe they said he was better than itachi in genjutsu and was his master/teacher/role model

Lorde
16th January 2015, 8:08 PM
They take place before chapter 700, so I think they're its own thing

Oh nevermind then. Since the novels don't even seem to be written by Kishi himself anyway, I bet they'll be as bad as the Bleach novels. :x

Red and Blue
16th January 2015, 8:27 PM
Oh nevermind then. Since the novels don't even seem to be written by Kishi himself anyway, I bet they'll be as bad as the Bleach novels. :x

Maybe. We will just have to wait and see.

Gaara's story sounds interesting. Will he actually get a love interest?

lolipiece
16th January 2015, 8:52 PM
If Choji can get Karui of all people, might as well give someone else a random partner.

Shneak
17th January 2015, 4:41 AM

To clarify: this is manga right? Not actually novels?

I'm kind of excited for half of these. I wonder how often chaos happens in a peaceful ninja world and if Kakashi will have to deal with it. Shikamaru fighting somebody is nice to see if it's largely strategy. I have a feeling it might be Kurenai or Mirai. The Akatsuki story is whatever but it'd be nice to get an update on Hidan's mangled and buried body. And the Konoha story better answer if TentenxLee is a thing.

Don't care about Gaara and Sakura since we know how their love lives end up.

Lorde
17th January 2015, 4:43 AM

I'm pretty sure they're actual novels, as in just a lot of text. I won't even consider them canon since it's not Kishi's work.

Red and Blue
17th January 2015, 6:00 PM

I'm kind of excited for half of these. I wonder how often chaos happens in a peaceful ninja world and if Kakashi will have to deal with it. Shikamaru fighting somebody is nice to see if it's largely strategy. I have a feeling it might be Kurenai or Mirai. The Akatsuki story is whatever but it'd be nice to get an update on Hidan's mangled and buried body. And the Konoha story better answer if TentenxLee is a thing.

Don't care about Gaara and Sakura since we know how their love lives end up.

Not with Gaara. If he is married by the time of the epilogue, we may not of saw his wife because she stayed in the Sand Village

I'm pretty sure they're actual novels, as in just a lot of text. I won't even consider them canon since it's not Kishi's work.
Why do they have to be written by Kishimoto to be canon? If he approved of them and the events are referrenced in the spin off, I think that counts as canon

LightningMaster95
17th January 2015, 8:41 PM
Why do they have to be written by Kishimoto to be canon? If he approved of them and the events are referrenced in the spin off, I think that counts as canon
because kishimoto is the creator...every naruto character is his and only his and should be the one who makes every choice and the one that writes the story for the characters...i think it falls under the same category db gt the creator approved of it but its actual canon material

am i the only one who is only going to read the spinoff to see how naruto is as hokage...im not interested in the kids that much since they seem like copies of their parents right now but who knows maybe over time they will grow apart from it

Lorde
17th January 2015, 8:54 PM

It just wouldn't feel right unless he personally came up with all the ideas for the plot and events in said novels imho.

As for the strongest genjutsu user, I've always considered that to be Itachi tbh.

LightningMaster95
17th January 2015, 11:53 PM
As for the strongest genjutsu user, I've always considered that to be Itachi tbh.
its shisui uchiha according to naruto chapter 550 page 10-11

Platinum fan.
19th January 2015, 2:19 PM
because kishimoto is the creator...every naruto character is his and only his and should be the one who makes every choice and the one that writes the story for the characters...i think it falls under the same category db gt the creator approved of it but its actual canon material

am i the only one who is only going to read the spinoff to see how naruto is as hokage...im not interested in the kids that much since they seem like copies of their parents right now but who knows maybe over time they will grow apart from it

I wanted to see Naruto as a Jonin leader with his own squad of Genin, so we could see a new side of Naruto we still haven't seen very often. That of a leader in the fields, and teaching younger shinobi. Plus it would have been so interesting if one of his students didn't like his world peace message and Naruto would have to deal with him/her and how to teach them. That is something I was aching to see in Naruto.

Other then Sasuke's kid, I agree. I have no real interest in these new kids. Especially Naruto's son, who looks like a clone of him. I'm not terribly interested in seeing Naruto as Hokage. Glad he became it, but watching him do paper work and such will be boring. I don't really know what I want from Naruto anymore. I guess nothing. If only I got to see Jonin leader Naruto in the fields at least once.

nuzamaki90
19th January 2015, 10:26 PM
Can't really see Naruto working without visuals.

Even if it is a Light Novel it will most likely have 10 images, max. Count me out.

Lorde
20th January 2015, 12:04 AM
I've personally never had an interest in seeing Naruto lead a team of genin, mostly because I hate rookie ninja and seeing Naruto dealing with them on his own team would make me cringe.

Red and Blue
20th January 2015, 12:17 AM
I actually wanted to see Naruto lead a team of Genin myself. The series was at its best when Naruto and the others were still Genin.

Anyway for anyone, who is curious, the cover for the final Naruto volume is out. I kind of wish it was Naruto, Hinata, and their kids rather than Naruto by himself.

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/01/naruto-manga-volume-72-cover-released/

Lorde
20th January 2015, 12:20 AM
Anyway for anyone, who is curious, the cover for the final Naruto volume is out. I kind of wish it was Naruto, Hinata, and their kids rather than Naruto by himself.

I actually like it. It's simple yet conveys the finale perfectly imo. I need to catch up on completing my collection though; I stopped buying the volumes after volume 55.

Platinum fan.
20th January 2015, 1:40 AM
I actually wanted to see Naruto lead a team of Genin myself. The series was at its best when Naruto and the others were still Genin.

I agree. The series was so fun when they were Genin. Then part 2 rolls around and it started off fun seeing everyone advance, but then it just lost the appeal I liked about the series. Nearly everything after the Pain arc has bad for me. As far as Naruto leading his own squad goes, I wanted to see Naruto advance in his role, not just repeat the same bland one over and over again. The squad of Genin would be there to advance on their own, but also to advance Naruto's character even further, and that was the main thing I wanted to see from it. I'm glad Naruto's Hokage, but frankly nothing has shown me he's a leader like Kakashi, Minato, or Shikamaru, who was not ever a Hokage, but a good leader. Oh well, it will just be one of those "what if" moments. Still would have taken the Genin squad over the kids.

As for the last cover, I kind of like that it's Naruto alone. Frankly I don't think Hinata has earned a spot on the final volume, pretending that she's anything important...oh wait she's Naruto's wife, I guess she is. I'd have either it be Naruto alone or Naruto with Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi, the other main leads. The cover is nice though. Not as good as 68's cover. Not even close, but a good cover.

LightningMaster95
20th January 2015, 2:37 AM
I agree. The series was so fun when they were Genin. Then part 2 rolls around and it started off fun seeing everyone advance, but then it just lost the appeal I liked about the series. Nearly everything after the Pain arc has bad for me. As far as Naruto leading his own squad goes, I wanted to see Naruto advance in his role, not just repeat the same bland one over and over again. The squad of Genin would be there to advance on their own, but also to advance Naruto's character even further, and that was the main thing I wanted to see from it. I'm glad Naruto's Hokage, but frankly nothing has shown me he's a leader like Kakashi, Minato, or Shikamaru, who was not ever a Hokage, but a good leader. Oh well, it will just be one of those "what if" moments. Still would have taken the Genin squad over the kids.
i think thats the common consensus everything after pain arc was bad...naruto can still lead his own squad of genin despite being hokage if hiruzen can do it with jiraiya orochimaru and tsunade during one of the worsts eras in the ninja world than naruto can do it in peaceful times but i think kishimoto said somewhere that the spinoff will focus on the kids

Void Ventus
20th January 2015, 2:06 PM
That Vol72 cover is so nice. A simple image, but speaks so many words. Will definitely be getting that and the US version when it comes by holiday or early next year.

Anyway, The Last NaruHina and SasuSaku will be playable in NSUNS4 (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7ymBmiIYAAFg0w.jpg). Gamespot says they're the "older" characters, which they technically are, and I was expecting Ch700 characters, but ehh. Gotta get that clickbait rather than just saying "The Last".

Nodame
20th January 2015, 11:13 PM
I wish I could be excited for the new generation, but sadly I don't at all. Sarada looks interesting. She has the Sakura charm, but I don't really care about her, and I specially don't care about the other kids. I'm still disappointed at the horrific ending. I cringe every time, and I will never look at Naruto the same way, sad.

Red and Blue
20th January 2015, 11:30 PM
Sarada alone is enough to keep me interested. Being the first main Uchiha female and Sasuke's freaking daughter makes her intriguing enough. In regards to the other kids, I just hope they give each of them a bit more originality to their personalities.

I just hope they don't focus too much on the Uchihas in the spin off. that was one of my biggest problems with part 2

Lorde
21st January 2015, 12:02 AM
The series was so fun when they were Genin.

Imo the manga was fun while they were genin simply because Kishi's writing was better back then. I don't personally think that seeing a bunch of beginner ninja as the focus again will be that great when we already saw that in Part 1 though. :x

Red and Blue
21st January 2015, 12:17 AM
Imo the manga was fun while they were genin simply because Kishi's writing was better back then. I don't personally think that seeing a bunch of beginner ninja as the focus again will be that great when we already saw that in Part 1 though. :x

Oh yeah that's a good point. Given Kishi's current writing skills, a spin off with them as rookies doesn't sound appealing. Maybe them as chunin would be more interesting

Void Ventus
21st January 2015, 9:42 AM
By having a Part 3, that instantly means
1. children as mercenaries are still allowed
2. Naruto being Hokage did jack squat to fix the horrible Shinobi system that the bad guys complained about
3. wars will still happen, and there will still be people getting caught in between conflict
4. Kishimoto is a horrible writer

I'd definitely love to see how the Narutoverse function with such modern technology now. Will be funny to see the characters using FaceScroll and Skype to communicate with each other in long distances (would have been perfect for Shikamaru and Temari when they were younger), looking up how to perform Jutsus on Youtube rather than learning them by reading scrolls, etc.

Platinum fan.
21st January 2015, 1:15 PM
Oh yeah that's a good point. Given Kishi's current writing skills, a spin off with them as rookies doesn't sound appealing. Maybe them as chunin would be more interesting

Well that's what we're getting anyway. Rookies via the kids. I don't care for them because they basically look like clones or gender bends of the Konoha 11. At least if Naruto had his own squad they could have made unique new characters. We're basically getting the same characters. Naruto's son looks exactly like him. That's why I'm not interested. And Kishi's writing hasn't been so terrible lately. It's only really suffered writing most of the war and anything involving Madara and the Uchiha's during the war. I only give Obito a pass because I'm bias.

Lorde
21st January 2015, 9:54 PM
2. Naruto being Hokage did jack squat to fix the horrible Shinobi system that the bad guys complained about
3. wars will still happen, and there will still be people getting caught in between conflict

I find it hilarious that despite Naruto's talk of bringing stability and peace and whatever else to the shinobi world, he hasn't done much of anything. Poor Nagato for having faith in him.

LightningMaster95
23rd January 2015, 4:05 AM

1. i dont believe naruto ever said anything about children shouldnt be mercenaries that falls under hashirama wishes
2. please explain the shinobi system nd how he did jack squat using only chpt 700 since thats the only chapter naruto is hokage(seemed very peaceful in chpt 700)
3. naruto is the leader of 1 village(not even the country) especially not the entire world so of course wars are going to happen even if he is hokage
4.yet u still read the manga despite calling him a horrible writer

Akashin
23rd January 2015, 4:38 PM
3. naruto is the leader of 1 village(not even the country) especially not the entire world so of course wars are going to happen even if he is hokage

Considering the dream he, Jiraiya and Nagato shared was to put an end to wars, I'd say him being unable to do so is a bit of a mark against him. Besides being Hokage, this was his M.O.

LightningMaster95
23rd January 2015, 7:18 PM
Considering the dream he, Jiraiya and Nagato shared was to put an end to wars, I'd say him being unable to do so is a bit of a mark against him. Besides being Hokage, this was his M.O.

wars against the 5 shinobi nations...as of chapter 700 there are no wars between them as they get along peacefully now except for them bashing naruto for being late there is no conflict so its not really a mark against him

Akashin
23rd January 2015, 8:20 PM
wars against the 5 shinobi nations...as of chapter 700 there are no wars between them as they get along peacefully now except for them bashing naruto for being late there is no conflict so its not really a mark against him

Okay? I didn't say that there wasn't peace; I said Naruto being unable to maintain it (which is what you claimed) would be a mark against him, seeing as a lasting peace is what he, Jiraiya and Nagato were gunning for.

Lorde
23rd January 2015, 8:51 PM
Seeing as I'm sure there'll be some kind of ninja conflict in the Bolt mini-series, clearly Naruto hasn't exactly stopped shinobi culture from being dangerous. Sure, there may no longer be wars between the five big nations, but there are other villages and threats out there.

Platinum fan.
24th January 2015, 2:33 PM
LOL, world peace takes time guys. He at least got the five shinobi nations on his side and became allies with them. But of course not everyone is going to want peace. There are probably underground independent organizations forming in the shinobi world right now, trying to take advantage of this time of peace, hence why they still might need shinobi trained. Naruto's MO as Hokage could be trying to solve these problems without getting anyone killed or something.

Stopping wars and making world peace is time consuming and will not be solved in a day. Who said Naruto is still not working for peace as Hokage? Now he's got the title so people are more likely to take him serious. So he hasn't failed anything, he could still be working at it. If getting world peace was so easy to get in a day, then it would have been established already.

Akashin
24th January 2015, 3:59 PM
LOL, world peace takes time guys. He at least got the five shinobi nations on his side and became allies with them. But of course not everyone is going to want peace. There are probably underground independent organizations forming in the shinobi world right now, trying to take advantage of this time of peace, hence why they still might need shinobi trained. Naruto's MO as Hokage could be trying to solve these problems without getting anyone killed or something.

Stopping wars and making world peace is time consuming and will not be solved in a day. Who said Naruto is still not working for peace as Hokage? Now he's got the title so people are more likely to take him serious. So he hasn't failed anything, he could still be working at it. If getting world peace was so easy to get in a day, then it would have been established already.

I don't think anybody was saying he has failed (I wasn't, at the very least), just talking speculatively about a Part 3 (which VV said would necessitate Naruto having failed).

I have absolutely no doubt that there are more Madaras out there that would resist the notion of world peace. Missing Nin would definitely still be a thing, if absolutely nothing else.