PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116

Void Ventus
26th January 2015, 8:40 AM
Random question: When Part 1/Kakashi Gaiden ended, did the manga take a hiatus before the first chapter of Part 2? If so, how long?

I think there's something coming out in March/April. Would that be the Bolt mini-series or the six novelizations?

Lorde
26th January 2015, 8:48 AM
Random question: When Part 1/Kakashi Gaiden ended, did the manga take a hiatus before the first chapter of Part 2? If so, how long?

There was a one-month break between those chapters, although it happened during WSJ's yearly winter hiatus, so it may not have been Kishi's intention.

Nodame
26th January 2015, 6:14 PM
I'd definitely love to see how the Narutoverse function with such modern technology now. Will be funny to see the characters using FaceScroll and Skype to communicate with each other in long distances (would have been perfect for Shikamaru and Temari when they were younger), looking up how to perform Jutsus on Youtube rather than learning them by reading scrolls, etc.

I honestly disliked the new technology thing, it ruined the ninja theme for me tbh.

lolipiece
26th January 2015, 6:18 PM
No one said ninja can't have PCs, man.

Mr. Reloaded
26th January 2015, 6:23 PM
The traditional theme of ninjas went out the window Chunnin exams and beyond.
PC's being a thing really isn't that out of place. :p

Red and Blue
26th January 2015, 11:38 PM
Wasn't the village in the rain high tech and industrialized too? The tech we see in the epilogue really isn't anything new

Lorde
26th January 2015, 11:39 PM
Wasn't the village in the rain high tech and industrialized too? The tech we see in the epilogue really isn't anything new

How was Amegakure high tech? It had buildings made of metal and tons of pipes, but that wasn't exactly technologically advanced in my opinion.

Red and Blue
30th January 2015, 4:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jZ2bjz1.jpg

Naruto, Minato, and Bolt in a Father, Son, and Grandson poster

https://36.media.tumblr.com/49fcf1425aa386ec3c97ada271affcbc/tumblr_niv60x0T0X1rfqpc2o2_1280.jpg

Also, for anyone who still cares, Naruto actually confessed to Sakura as shown in the movie. It probably happened at some point during the two years between the end of the war and the movie

Emperor Empoleon
30th January 2015, 5:16 AM
New artbook incoming.

http://i.imgur.com/vzeJbpX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TL0zBAv.jpg

Void Ventus
30th January 2015, 5:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jZ2bjz1.jpg

Naruto, Minato, and Bolt in a Father, Son, and Grandson poster

https://36.media.tumblr.com/49fcf1425aa386ec3c97ada271affcbc/tumblr_niv60x0T0X1rfqpc2o2_1280.jpg

Also, for anyone who still cares, Naruto actually confessed to Sakura as shown in the movie. It probably happened at some point during the two years between the end of the war and the movie
Naruto should have been drawn in his Ch700 look, not his Shippuuden look. Also, I want a Minato grandpa design even if he didn't live long enough.

Also, someone videotaped the Australian screening? Has the movie been leaked online already??

Lorde
30th January 2015, 5:33 AM
New artbook incoming.

http://i.imgur.com/vzeJbpX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TL0zBAv.jpg

If the series was still going, I'd be more eager for this, but at this point I can't say that an artbook has me hyped especially since the last one was basically a collection of previously-seen art and barely had any new images. What's with Naruto's eye though.

Red and Blue
30th January 2015, 5:36 AM
Naruto should have been drawn in his Ch700 look, not his Shippuuden look. Also, I want a Minato grandpa design even if he didn't live long enough.

Also, someone videotaped the Australian screening? Has the movie been leaked online already??

Yup. The movie has been leaked for days.

Void Ventus
30th January 2015, 4:51 PM
Yup. The movie has been leaked for days.
*psst* hey, can you share... the link?

I thought the 6 novels were coming out on Spring? That April-June date is for the Arts Gallery, not the novels or the Bolt mini-series.

PS the Chuunin Exam filler going on right now is good. Confusing, but good. Shikamaru is Teh smarts.

LightningMaster95
3rd February 2015, 4:19 AM
putting the shipping debate aside the movie was actually pretty decent

i actually thought the raikage wouldve changed a bit but nope hes still willing to kill the hero who saved his butt multiple times without hesitation

but to the people who really dont want to see naruto and hinata get together than dont watch it and complain

LizardonX
4th February 2015, 4:24 AM
I always though Naruto would get with Sasuke.

Hinata does make a decent beard I guess.

nuzamaki90
4th February 2015, 9:58 PM
I think it's hilarious how Guy is going to fight, in a wheelchair, on an airplane.

Even without a leg, Guy has the most youth out of any character

Weeaboo Name
5th February 2015, 1:27 PM
I hope they make some anime filler out of these novels as I doubt we'll get a decent translation for them. If it is anything like the novelization of The Last we'll just get snippets.

Hopefully they have some more Nardo family moments in them, watching salty NaruSaku shippers on tumblr has become a hobby of mine recently.

Lorde
5th February 2015, 10:33 PM
I hope they make some anime filler out of these novels as I doubt we'll get a decent translation for them. If it is anything like the novelization of The Last we'll just get snippets.

Hopefully they have some more Nardo family moments in them, watching salty NaruSaku shippers on tumblr has become a hobby of mine recently.

I doubt we'll get more filler from the new novels in the anime; they can't keep delaying the conclusion for much longer imo.

Weeaboo Name
5th February 2015, 10:57 PM
I expect they'll be keeping the anime running at least until the Bolt film airs. Don't think we will get book fillers but it would be nice.

Expecting some set after the film though, SP have been shipping Naruto and Hinata for years and they finally get a chance to run with it.

Nodame
11th February 2015, 10:33 PM

I just gotta know though. Why does being an NaruSaku shipper automatically make one "salty?" Is it impossible for there to actually be compelling reasons to dislike the ending? The movie is filled with holes that anyone with half a brain can instantly see. The movie is nothing more than a NarutoxHinata lovefest with a random villain, how can NH fans excepts anyone else than themselves to be satisfied? .. But that's none of my business *drinks ice tea*

Lorde
11th February 2015, 10:54 PM
But that's none of my business *drinks ice tea*

But this is like your dozenth anti-NaruHina comment since chapter 700, so that speaks for itself. :/

Void Ventus
11th February 2015, 11:00 PM
But this is like your dozenth anti-NaruHina comment since chapter 700, so that speaks for itself. :/

:OO You got him! Lol

How far was Part 2 when Shippuden finally aired? I can see another another 2 years (90+ episodes) worth of continuous filler between 699 and 700. I'd be perfectly fine with that too. Part 2 had really horrible character development for the side characters, even worse than Part 1.

Red and Blue
11th February 2015, 11:19 PM
:OO You got him! Lol

Besho is a girl :p

Speaking of the anime, has anyone been watching the chuunin exam filler arc? They have the jinchiriku Fu participating in it.

Platinum fan.
12th February 2015, 1:43 AM
They actually are showing how Sakura and the other became Chuunin? Again, I wish I could find a single bone in my body that actually cares about that. But I can't. Their Chuunin rank means nothing of importance, and it didn't help any of them stay relevant sadly. Shikamaru is the only one of the bunch who made a decent name and career for himself. Even Neji, who became a Jonin, just became background in part 2. Well I will say Choji and Ino got some shine in the Asuma fight and the war, so that's something.

Weeaboo Name
12th February 2015, 11:27 PM
I just gotta know though. Why does being an NaruSaku shipper automatically make one "salty?"

It doesn't but a lot of them really are. Still.

The movie is filled with holes that anyone with half a brain can instantly see.

The series is full of them so the movie is just playing along. The ones in the film really aren't bad though.

The movie is nothing more than a NarutoxHinata lovefest

Wonderful.

can NH fans excepts anyone else than themselves to be satisfied? .. But that's none of my business *drinks ice tea*

Luckily there are a lot of them then.

They actually are showing how Sakura and the other became Chuunin? Again, I wish I could find a single bone in my body that actually cares about that. But I can't. Their Chuunin rank means nothing of importance, and it didn't help any of them stay relevant sadly. Shikamaru is the only one of the bunch who made a decent name and career for himself. Even Neji, who became a Jonin, just became background in part 2. Well I will say Choji and Ino got some shine in the Asuma fight and the war, so that's something.

Yeah, ranks don't mean much but this has still been a pretty fun arc so far. Don't really remember Ino and Chouji shining in that, I just remember Shikamaru pretty much soloing the revenge. They had their moments in the war though, Chouji especially.

Platinum fan.
12th February 2015, 11:59 PM
It doesn't but a lot of them really are. Still.

The series is full of them so the movie is just playing along. The ones in the film really aren't bad though.

Wonderful.

Luckily there are a lot of them then.

Yeah, ranks don't mean much but this has still been a pretty fun arc so far. Don't really remember Ino and Chouji shining in that, I just remember Shikamaru pretty much soloing the revenge. They had their moments in the war though, Chouji especially.

I don't know what fight you are talking about, but it's not the Asuma one. Shikamaru did not solo that at all. That fight was mainly about Choji. Ino also showed how useful she was in both that fight and the Gold and Silver brothers fight. They are the only Chunnin that really got to shine in any shape or form, not counting Tsunade Jr.

nel3
13th February 2015, 12:18 AM
im slowly catching up to the anime series, i just saw ep 331 and im in no particular rush to see the last 30 non-filler episodes. im not bothering to see the filler eps at all. i can see that they're still doing a great job at making filler eps ie 376-377, 388-390, 394-399. are all these eps half filler and half cannon material?

Weeaboo Name
13th February 2015, 12:36 AM
Was talking about Shikamaru [and those other guys from team 10] vs Hidan. Chouji and Ino getting their **** slapped by Kakuzu whilst Shikamaru literally goes of to 1v1 Hidan pretty much summed it up.

I love team 10, just not as much as Kishi loves Shikamaru.

Wonder why Kishi changed his mind about Sakura, he made it look like she would be a useful character during the Kazekage arc. Guess you could say Hinata got to shine during the Pain arc, although I'm not sure there has been a bigger power gap during any other fight in the series. Her good moments usually end up with her getting rekt.

Void Ventus
13th February 2015, 1:01 AM
Sakura was useful. She and Chiyo defeated Sasori. She had the honor of being the first to take down an Akatsuki.

Platinum fan.
13th February 2015, 1:13 AM
Was talking about Shikamaru [and those other guys from team 10] vs Hidan. Chouji and Ino getting their **** slapped by Kakuzu whilst Shikamaru literally goes of to 1v1 Hidan pretty much summed it up.

I love team 10, just not as much as Kishi loves Shikamaru.

Wonder why Kishi changed his mind about Sakura, he made it look like she would be a useful character during the Kazekage arc. Guess you could say Hinata got to shine during the Pain arc, although I'm not sure there has been a bigger power gap during any other fight in the series. Her good moments usually end up with her getting rekt.

That doesn't change what I said about the Asuma fight, though. Which was the fight I was talking about. Hinata vs Pain was a good Hinata last stand moment, but not a good one showcasing her abilities as a Chunnin. She got taken down in one hit. But I actually like that, because they could have made it BS where she's suddenly strong enough to stand up to a super being like Pain, but they didn't. Hinata stayed in character. Though the anime dragged the fight out longer then it needed to be.

Lorde
13th February 2015, 1:24 AM
Sakura was useful. She and Chiyo defeated Sasori. She had the honor of being the first to take down an Akatsuki.

It's hard to give her full credit when she had help and didn't even land the killing blow. :/

Platinum fan.
13th February 2015, 1:27 AM
It's hard to give her full credit when she had help and didn't even land the killing blow. :/

It's true she didn't kill Sasori herself, but we should give her a lot of credit in that fight. Neither Chiyo or Sakura could have beaten Sasori on their own. That's pretty much been established by all three of them, but Sakura did pretty well destroying Sasori's Kazekage puppet.

Void Ventus
13th February 2015, 1:28 AM

Well, she deserves at least partial credit, and that's good enough. She still did more than useless Choji and Ino during the Hidan/Kakuzu fight.

Red and Blue
13th February 2015, 2:50 AM
I give credit for Sakura's battle against Sasori. Sadly it was her only major fight, which wouldn't happen again until Kaguya

Void Ventus
13th February 2015, 3:28 AM
I give credit for Sakura's battle against Sasori. Sadly it was her only major fight, which wouldn't happen again until Kaguya

She barely contributed to the Kaguya fight. All she did was punch her head.

Lorde
13th February 2015, 3:42 AM

Even against Kaguya, she barely did much though. Granted, she couldn't have without an insane power-up like Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi had, but still.

Void Ventus
13th February 2015, 4:33 AM
I like to fantasize that in another universe, Sakura was very useful because Kaguya actually died instead of being sealed, and so Madara was truly the final villain, Naruto and Sasuke still were Ashura and Indra reborn, but now Sakura was Kaguya reborn, and that would have been the twistiest of all twists. Naruto loved Sakura because she's the grandmother that he never met! :O Kishi should hire me for his next manga.

Red and Blue
13th February 2015, 4:49 AM
Speaking of Kishi's next manga, I wonder what he plans to do next aside from the spin off? I'd be interested if he plans on continuing his Mario oneshot

Weeaboo Name
13th February 2015, 9:12 AM
He said it'll be something ''unnarutolike''. I'm expecting something on a monthly release. I'd be happy with that as he is a good artist when he puts the effort in.

Red and Blue
14th February 2015, 7:40 AM
http://imgur.com/a/PibLV#5Qf5oux

http://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/2v4tql/translation_prologue_excerpt_from_kakashis_light/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/2rkot8/translation_excerpt_from_the_beginning_of/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/2vk92g/translationsummary_chapter_2_from_kakashis_light/

Translations for Kakashi`s novel

Lorde
14th February 2015, 9:30 PM
So the Kakashi novel ended up being just as trivial and bland as I thought; this is why I never get hyped for novels that are based on manga franchises. :x

Platinum fan.
15th February 2015, 1:53 AM
Unless those novels are the Team Minato spinoff I have been whining about for all of 2014, then meh! I don't care about Bolt's generation all that much. I want Team Minato! Give me what I crave already!

Red and Blue
15th February 2015, 2:13 AM
The only novel I am truly interested in is Gaara's. Mostly because I want to see who they pair him up with. Probably that matsuri girl from the anime.

Nodame
15th February 2015, 5:26 AM

I agree. Sakura is an amazing character imo. Also, lets not forget she helped Naruto in the war which was a big acheivement for her as a medical ninja. I like everything about her. Its just that her wrong love for Sasuke is what held her back from becoming truly amazing.

The only main character I am satisfied with development wise and everything is Kakashi. He's perfect. I liked Ino and Shikamaru too.

Red and Blue
15th February 2015, 7:16 AM
So what is Sasuke even doing still traveling? Whatever the reason is, it can't possibly be more important than staying in Konoha with Sakura and raising their daughter.

Weeaboo Name
15th February 2015, 2:37 PM
He's off shagging every woman he meets brah, gotta repopulate that clan.

Platinum fan.
15th February 2015, 3:56 PM
Yeah, Sasuke's not done taking over the world. By repopulating his clan he'll have a army in the future, when the Shinobi world is all at peace, Sasuke and all his Uchiha children will strike. He's playing it smart though and not lumping them all together in one spot. Now they will be everywhere. Sakura is just a vessel to hold one of his Uchia soldiers and raise it for him. Totally unaware that Sasuke is using her yet again and that she is raising Konoha's future killer.

Okay all joking aside it would probably be weird having Sasuke around any local town, village, or city. Sasuke's not trying to kill Konoha anymore, but he I don't believe he ever said he accepted it. Sasuke's probably just going to be a wandered until he finds peace with himself or some other deep crap like that.

Jb
15th February 2015, 4:05 PM
Funny how sauce has all seeing eyes yet his daughter wears glasses

phanpycross
15th February 2015, 4:30 PM
Funny how sauce has all seeing eyes yet his daughter wears glasses

I guess that's what happens when you base your ending of a 700 chapter manga by scrolling through fanfiction.net for ten minutes

LightningMaster95
15th February 2015, 5:10 PM
I agree. Sakura is an amazing character imo. Also, lets not forget she helped Naruto in the war which was a big acheivement for her as a medical ninja. I like everything about her. Its just that her wrong love for Sasuke is what held her back from becoming truly amazing.

The only main character I am satisfied with development wise and everything is Kakashi. He's perfect. I liked Ino and Shikamaru too.
that was her teammate and close friend and its her job as a medical ninja to help him so its hardly an achievement if ur talking about her punching kaguya she was distracted by kakashi naruto and sasuke so it was nothing but a lucky sneak attack that wouldnt have worked if it was just her

So what is Sasuke even doing still traveling? Whatever the reason is, it can't possibly be more important than staying in Konoha with Sakura and raising their daughter.

im too lazy to go find the link to the interview but kishi said sasuke was traveling the world to discover the secrets of kaguya revival so it can never happen again or something like that its been about 2 months since i read the interview also in chapter 699 sasuke said until he feels redeemed

Lorde
15th February 2015, 9:01 PM
Okay all joking aside it would probably be weird having Sasuke around any local town, village, or city. Sasuke's not trying to kill Konoha anymore, but he I don't believe he ever said he accepted it. Sasuke's probably just going to be a wandered until he finds peace with himself or some other deep crap like that.

I think that after hearing Hashirama's story, he accepts the village but is simply soul searching. Tbh, I don't like it, but Sasuke's always been a lone wolf.

Locormus
16th February 2015, 2:20 AM
It's been three months now since what technically got me into manga has ended. At first, I felt withdrawal.. Now.. I don't know what I'm feeling. I've let it go, because it wasn't that good anymore anyway.. But, whenever I go online to read the new issues of OP and Bleach.. I just can't help but feel as if I'm still missing something, something a different series just can't fill..

Oh well.. Two more series and I'm done with manga for good.

Void Ventus
16th February 2015, 4:22 AM
^One Piece isn't ending until at least mid 2020s. You'll most likely find another manga you like.

I do share the same feeling though. Naruto was the only manga I read, and have always made sure to stay up late on Tuesday every week for the newest chapter, but now it's all gone. I did recently finally checked out One Piece this week, and seemed like something I want to invest myself in, but I just feel so left behind by how far it is. I'm personally desperate for a Bolt manga just to have more of Naruto.

Locormus
16th February 2015, 4:36 AM
^One Piece isn't ending until at least mid 2020s. You'll most likely find another manga you like.

I do share the same feeling though. Naruto was the only manga I read, and have always made sure to stay up late on Tuesday every week for the newest chapter, but now it's all gone. I did recently finally checked out One Piece this week, and seemed like something I want to invest myself in, but I just feel so left behind by how far it is. I'm personally desperate for a Bolt manga just to have more of Naruto.

I'm already 25.. There's already a disinterest to be honest.. With Naruto I was barely on just to see the end, same with Bleach. One Piece is the only one I actually still feel invested in, pretty much for the reason you stated. It was pretty clear that Naruto was ending, and so is Bleach. One Piece still got 4/5 big bads to go. Just start reading, trying to take it arc by arc. Get a feel for how these arc tend to flow. For me, I started reading when One Piece was basically in the midst of an arc, I caught up by the time the arc ended. That's in part to how long these arcs tend to get drawn out for, and in part because Oda has an alternate release schedual when compared to Naruto/Bleach considering that the author had pneunomia a while back and in general is in bad health so he gets more time off. Currently, we're nearing the climax of an arc, so you'll definitely be caught up by the time the next one ends. There's no shame in that.

It's just like Game of Thrones.. The TV-show started in 2011, but the books have come out since the early 90's and a lot of the season 1-4 content has been known for quite a while since those books have been out for 1-2 decades. I still read the books, because I thought I would be able to read the next book before the next season would air (this is back in 2013, pre-S3). I succeeded, but now I'm in the awkward position that the next book up for release probably isn't even halfway done yet.. and the books are in turn caught up by the show, which is surpassing it now. Which means that while I felt left out at one point, then I thought I was "in the know", and now I'm, with the rest of all the book-readers, turn into not knowers just as the general populace (well, with more back info, but you get the jist).

Just don't watch the animé.. It's on the ratio of 1 episode = 1 chapter.. ..or less. So you wouldn't catch up quicker.

Oh, and just don't get caught up in stupid conversations about Enel.. -.-

Shneak
16th February 2015, 7:28 AM
It's been three months now since what technically got me into manga has ended. At first, I felt withdrawal.. Now.. I don't know what I'm feeling. I've let it go, because it wasn't that good anymore anyway.. But, whenever I go online to read the new issues of OP and Bleach.. I just can't help but feel as if I'm still missing something, something a different series just can't fill..

Oh well.. Two more series and I'm done with manga for good.

Same. I was upset that it ended and enjoyed the finale but I've turned my opinion around on that. I only read Bleach when it comes to weekly mangas and I don't get the same enjoyment or frustration that Naruto provided on a weekly basis. When Bleach ends I likely won't care much.

Lorde
16th February 2015, 7:42 AM
The Naruto manga being a big mess from 2010 until its conclusion at least resulted in debates and fun discussions in general here, something that's severely lacking in the Bleach thread for instance. I almost wish for Naruto Part 3.

Void Ventus
16th February 2015, 11:40 AM
The war lasting over 4 years is insane though. I don't read other manga, but are there also any that had an arc last for longer than that?

Platinum fan.
16th February 2015, 3:58 PM
Naruto had a great run, at least until the Pain arc ended. Well the war arc wasn't 100% bad. There were some good things that came from it. I think the bad outweigh the good in that arc, but it wasn't 100% terrible.

I'm still not very excited for Bolt's generation, at least not yet. I sound like a broken record, but the only part 3 of Naruto I wanted was Naruto as a squad leader leading his own squad of Genin. And not clones of previous characters like Bolt's generation looks like. I would have given Naruto 3 different clans of difficult shinobi with different personalities that are not on board with his world peace message, and maybe have one hate Sasuke or something, just to see how Naruto handles it. They kinda did that with Sai, but in very small doses. But that was the only direction I wanted to see Naruto continue in, as there was nowhere else to go but either that or Hokage. But whatever, that's just a fanfic dream now. Instead we got Naruto marrying Hinata and having kids...that's actually another fanfic.

LightningMaster95
16th February 2015, 4:51 PM
if naruto had his own genin squad

1. i would want a shikamaru lvl headed person but with a shy personality

2. a adventurous kid who relies on good luck or misfortune

3. person who supports sasukes ideas of what a hokage should be and same personality as madara(yes i know this one is the most generic but it adds conflict in the group)

Naruto: doesnt want to risk the lives of his students so he accomplishes all their missions while leaving them with fodder ninjas which also causes conflict for them

Lorde
16th February 2015, 9:33 PM
The war lasting over 4 years is insane though. I don't read other manga, but are there also any that had an arc last for longer than that?

I have no idea since I haven't followed too many manga in general. The war arc would've been way more tolerable had it been shorter and if there had been less Edo Tensei zombies around imo.

Weeaboo Name
16th February 2015, 11:31 PM

The bit that actually resembled a war didn't last anywhere near 4 years though, then it was just boss fights.

Instead we got Naruto marrying Hinata and having kids...that's actually another fanfic.

I really can't see how this ending surprised anyone.

Red and Blue
16th February 2015, 11:35 PM
The bit that actually resembled a war didn't last anywhere near 4 years though, then it was just boss fights.

It could have ended in a lot of different ways besides the standard kids ending. We could have seen the Konoha 11 reflect on the war and how each of them grew from it. It could have ended with Naruto accepting the position of Hokage. The possibilities are endless

Platinum fan.
16th February 2015, 11:43 PM

I never said it was surprising. I said it was a fanfic, and it was. Naruto marrying Hinata and having kids was a fanfic come to life. Frankly I'd been fine if Naruto remained single. Shipping/love was never one of his major storylines in the series. It was always Hokage, Sasuke, and then world peace, in that order. I'm not upset with how that ended, minus Sakura marrying Sasuke. Are they married, or did Sasuke just get Sakura pregnant and then took off?

Void Ventus
16th February 2015, 11:53 PM
What year was it when the chapter after Gaara did his speech to the whole Shinobi army release? Planning is also a part of war, so it can even be earlier. The entire 4th Great Ninja War took over 4 years though, just a few months away from taking 5 whole years.

It could have ended in a lot of different ways besides the standard kids ending. We could have seen the Konoha 11 reflect on the war and how each of them grew from it. It could have ended with Naruto accepting the position of Hokage. The possibilities are endless
See, this is where Kishimoto took another bad idea from Toriyama. Only difference is that Naruto doesn't abandon his family to train Kaguya reincarnated.

Weeaboo Name
16th February 2015, 11:57 PM
I said it was a fanfic,

What does that even mean?

Jb
16th February 2015, 11:59 PM
The war arc could probably be broken down into smaller arcs. It just happen that it was a world wide event so it's easier to just call it the war arc

Platinum fan.
17th February 2015, 12:13 AM
What does that even mean?

Exactly what I said. A fanfic come to life, more so of the shipping side of NarutoXHinata.

As far as the war arc and how long it was, I'd say it started like in like volume 55....can't remember which chapter. Maybe 54. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. The war had good moments but overall I found it lacking. The Edo Tensei zombies were a joke and a lazy excuse to not create any new villains. They had to use lores of other characters to basically make new ones, like the Gold and Silver brothers and the dead kages of other nations.

Not all of it was bad. I will keep saying that Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji got some much needed spotlight, and the Mizukage fight with Gaara was entertaining. As was Naruto vs the previous Raikage. The war for me, got bad when Madara showed up. Madara sucked the life out of this manga for me. The only good thing about him, is he was the answer to Naruto and Sasuke's powers.

Weeaboo Name
17th February 2015, 12:21 AM
I don't read fan fiction so I'm not sure.

All I can say is that I saw one of two ends. One where Naruto and Sasuke both die and the 'cycle of hatred' is somehow wiped out, or the one we got, where Hokage Naruto will work towards that.

As for the pairs, I thought Naruto and Hinata was pretty obvious from early on and most of the others were just done for the sake of classmates.

Lorde
17th February 2015, 12:27 AM
Exactly what I said. A fanfic come to life, more so of the shipping side of NarutoXHinata.

How was that like a fan-fic? Kishi implied from the moment she showed up that she liked Naruto and Kishi was always consistent with that. It was a predictable result much like Tobi's identity.

Weeaboo Name
17th February 2015, 12:29 AM
How was that like a fan-fic? Kishi implied from the moment she showed up that she liked Naruto and Kishi was always consistent with that. It was a predictable result much like Tobi's identity.

Yup.
http://i.imgur.com/0nrR5yQ.jpg

This is even before Kishi's Yin/Yang relationship preference became prevalent.

Platinum fan.
17th February 2015, 12:31 AM
While I was never a Naruto and Hinata shipper, I wasn't angry they ended up together. I much rather have seen Naruto get his own squad at the end, then the shipping family stuff, but it was harmless. The only ship I raged about was Sasuke and Sakura. Only one good thing came of it, but I still dislike that Sakura and Sasuke got together. But I ranted on that enough.

Weeaboo Name
17th February 2015, 12:47 AM
I take it you are a Sakura fan. Not really sure why any Sakurafags could genuinely hate the pairing, I mean her entire character is based on wanting to hit that and then she does.

Should have ended up with Lee though, of course.

Platinum fan.
17th February 2015, 12:53 AM
I take it you are a Sakura fan. Not really sure why any Sakurafags could genuinely hate the pairing, I mean her entire character is based on wanting to hit that and then she does.

Should have ended up with Lee though, of course.

I don't care for anyone in team 7 minus Kakashi, but I still know bad writing when I see it. Sakura ending up with the man who tried to murder her is bad writing. You don't need to be a Sakura fan to see that. And I really hope you misspelled 'fan' there.

Void Ventus
17th February 2015, 12:58 AM
700 Naruto has only been Hokage for probably a year, maybe even much less. In the undocumented timeskip, Naruto could have been appointed Jonin and gotten his own Squad before Kakashi stepped down and passed the Hokage role to him. If the kids haven't been introduced, I would have liked to have seen that story, but telling a new story with the kids would be a much better sell. There's no predestined future, so you can take the story wherever you want, create a whole bunch of merchandise for them, even have shipping wars with them, etc. I would really like to see Konohamaru serve as Jonin leader for Bolt, Sarada, and another important character. It can essentially hide itself as kinda like a "reboot", with a much tighter focus on everything.

Platinum fan.
17th February 2015, 1:07 AM
700 Naruto has only been Hokage for probably a year, maybe even much less. In the undocumented timeskip, Naruto could have been appointed Jonin and gotten his own Squad before Kakashi stepped down and passed the Hokage role to him. If the kids haven't been introduced, I would have liked to have seen that story, but telling a new story with the kids would be a much better sell. There's no predestined future, so you can take the story wherever you want, create a whole bunch of merchandise for them, even have shipping wars with them, etc. I would really like to see Konohamaru serve as Jonin leader for Bolt, Sarada, and another important character. It can essentially hide itself as kinda like a "reboot", with a much tighter focus on everything.

That's what it would be. A reboot. Bolt looks an acts just like Naruto from part 1. And a series about Bolt? Feels like half the war arc. Lazy. I'll give it a chance though.

Red and Blue
17th February 2015, 1:11 AM
A spin off about kids who are just copies of their own parents doesn't sound as appealing as it did at first. Sure Kishimoto could give them some originality, but just because you like the parents doesn't mean you will like the child.

I'm not really sure what you could have done with a spin off about Naruto as a Jonin either. Almost kind of wish Kishi went through with Part 3. It probably would have had problems, but I could have been conceptionally more interesting than a Bolt spin off

Weeaboo Name
17th February 2015, 1:13 AM
I don't care for anyone in team 7 minus Kakashi, but I still know bad writing when I see it. Sakura ending up with the man who tried to murder her is bad writing. You don't need to be a Sakura fan to see that. And I really hope you misspelled 'fan' there.

Whilst it isn't great writing, none of Naruto is, I think I'm reading this manga a little differently to you. IMO Sakura's feelings for Sasuke move from childish crush to some sort of Florence Nightingale complex where she needs to fix the Sauce. I'd imagine those murder attempts only drew her in more. Before Sasuke's brain problems really kicked in he also showed some fondness towards Sakura.

Child soldiers aren't exactly known for rational choices.

Also even if you hate the pairing it has given us Salad and hopefully some awkward dad sauce moments.

Weeaboo Name
17th February 2015, 1:18 AM
kids who are just copies of their own parents
We've seen a panel or two per kid, calm down.

The one we have seen a bit more of is Bolt and he isn't really like Naruto at all.

Platinum fan.
17th February 2015, 1:32 AM
Whilst it isn't great writing, none of Naruto is, I think I'm reading this manga a little differently to you. IMO Sakura's feelings for Sasuke move from childish crush to some sort of Florence Nightingale complex where she needs to fix the Sauce. I'd imagine those murder attempts only drew her in more. Before Sasuke's brain problems really kicked in he also showed some fondness towards Sakura.

Child soldiers aren't exactly known for rational choices.

Also even if you hate the pairing it has given us Salad and hopefully some awkward dad sauce moments.

Salad is the only good that came from this pairing. She's probably the only one I am interested to see in Bolt's generation for right now. But I still dislike the pairing of Sasuke and Sakura. Not because I wanted her with Naruto or anything. Just anyone other then Sasuke. I think you mentioned it should have been Lee. I'd have taken either Lee or she ramained single. I'd have taken that random ninja from the war that hit on her over Sasuke. It just made Sakura looke downright pathetic to express how much she loves a man who wouldn't think twice about killing her and attempted to kill her two times in one day! Okay, I'm done. No more ranting about SakuraXSasuke from me. At least Salad came from this.

Red and Blue
17th February 2015, 1:35 AM
We've seen a panel or two per kid, calm down.

The one we have seen a bit more of is Bolt and he isn't really like Naruto at all.

uh yeah he is. He likes pranks and troublemaking just like Naruto did. the only difference is the motives behind the pranks

Weeaboo Name
17th February 2015, 1:55 AM
He's a kid acting out because a parent that was around and giving him attention all the time suddenly isn't. He's like any 12 year old kid would be.

Okay, they've added the mount ninja rushmore vandalizing so that the manga comes full circle but this really isn't saying much about his real personality. He also seems to get the message in that chapter so I'm not expecting this to continue into the new series.

I'm expecting him to be a bit better than you like Neji.

I'll give you Shikamaru's kids though, that was a disappointment.

Lorde
17th February 2015, 2:01 AM
Salad is the only good that came from this pairing.

Why Sarada? I mean I like her a bit more than Bolt, Ino and Sai's kid, and Choji and Karui's kid, but she gives me female Sasuke vibes (i.e. she may end up causing trouble for Konoha one day).

Red and Blue
17th February 2015, 2:09 AM
Why Sarada? I mean I like her a bit more than Bolt, Ino and Sai's kid, and Choji and Karui's kid, but she gives me female Sasuke vibes (i.e. she may end up causing trouble for Konoha one day).

I doubt Sarada will become a villain like Sasuke was. Sasuke only became the way he did due to the unfortunate things that happened to him. He was actually quite pleasent before the massacre

Platinum fan.
17th February 2015, 3:04 PM

I seriously doubt she's going to cause problems for Konoha. At least not at a Sasuke/Madara/Obito level. There is no reason for her to do that. If anything I'm interested in seeing her actually interact with Bolt.

Weeaboo Name
17th February 2015, 5:23 PM
Most people that knew Danzo hated him so it isn't like he's caused that much of a problem for Konoha. Just Nardo because muh abandonment complex.

Lorde
17th February 2015, 9:37 PM
If anything I'm interested in seeing her actually interact with Bolt.

She's got Uchiha blood, so I expect her to clash with him often, which I'm not looking forward to tbh.

Red and Blue
17th February 2015, 9:44 PM
She's got Uchiha blood, so I expect her to clash with him often, which I'm not looking forward to tbh.

So? Are we really going to condemn all future Uchihas just because of their history. Nothing about Sarada implies she will grow up to become evil. Any clashes between them will probably be comedic.

Lorde
17th February 2015, 10:01 PM
So? Are we really going to condemn all future Uchihas just because of their history. Nothing about Sarada implies she will grow up to become evil. Any clashes between them will probably be comedic.

I didn't say she'd be "evil" in that post, just that she's likely to form a rivalry with Bolt since history repeats itself.

Platinum fan.
17th February 2015, 10:22 PM
They can't form a rivalry. Females in the Naruto universe (much like the Pokemon universe, only it's worse there) are weaker then males. But anyway I don't see their dynamic to be anywhere near as serious as Naruto and Sasuke was. It will probably be done in comedy fashion. Because while Sarada is watching Bolt, Bolt doesn't seem to have her on his radar...yet. Those two will so be shipped when they become teenagers. I wonder who will make the first move? I wonder how their first interaction will even go? Will they be friends? Enemies? Frenemies? And I really hope they move Bolt away from being Naruto 2.0 or part 1 Naruto. I'm already not looking forward to him because of that.

Weeaboo Name
18th February 2015, 1:23 AM
You know, I found it pretty weird that they weren't childhood friends, or at least didn't appear to be. Maybe Bolt never grew out of his ''girls are yucky'' phase. Or I suppose Naruto could have refused playdates after he grew up and realised that Tobirama was right.

I wonder which will prevail, her Uchihax or lack of penis. What am I saying, even Sauce was a little ***** in comparison to ninja jesus, and I'm sure his son will be the same.

Sure he won't be Nardo 2.0, he'll be a smug little **** head and naturally elite/talented like Naruto would have been but for the fox seal. Look forward for him being 2fast4u and a pro at the shittalk no jutsu.

LightningMaster95
18th February 2015, 3:03 AM
I didn't say she'd be "evil" in that post, just that she's likely to form a rivalry with Bolt since history repeats itself.

but y would she and bolt form a rivalry when it was the uchihas and senjus that had the rivalry not uchihas and uzumakis....but before u say uzumaki are related to senju let me say bolt would be like 1/8 or 1/16 senju plus sarada has part haruno and whatever clan theyre from

also sasuke and naruto are still the reincarnations so that would not be passed down until they die

Akashin
18th February 2015, 3:35 AM
but y would she and bolt form a rivalry when it was the uchihas and senjus that had the rivalry not uchihas and uzumakis....but before u say uzumaki are related to senju let me say bolt would be like 1/8 or 1/16 senju plus sarada has part haruno and whatever clan theyre from

also sasuke and naruto are still the reincarnations so that would not be passed down until they die

First of all, why are we bringing Saiyan heritage mechanics into this? Second of all, there is in fact such a thing as rivals that aren't tied to the brothers. Among other examples, Guy and Kakashi aren't reincarnations either last I checked.

I'm pretty sure Lorde was just implying that they would take after Naruto and Sasuke, not that they would inherit the brothers' rivalry.

Void Ventus
18th February 2015, 7:32 AM
You know, I found it pretty weird that they weren't childhood friends, or at least didn't appear to be. Maybe Bolt never grew out of his ''girls are yucky'' phase. Or I suppose Naruto could have refused playdates after he grew up and realised that Tobirama was right.

I wonder which will prevail, her Uchihax or lack of penis. What am I saying, even Sauce was a little ***** in comparison to ninja jesus, and I'm sure his son will be the same.

Sure he won't be Nardo 2.0, he'll be a smug little **** head and naturally elite/talented like Naruto would have been but for the fox seal. Look forward for him being 2fast4u and a pro at the shittalk no jutsu.

They have to be friends. NaruSasu are so bro, their families most likely got together several times during holidays and such. What would have been the point of Naruto screaming about Sauce if he wasn't so in love with him? Sakura knows about Sarada's obsession with Bolt. Him and Shikadai are most likely bros though. There's only 1 chapter of the kids so far, so there's nothing we know about them other than they exist.

You're crazy if you think Sarada will be stronger than Bolt. The most important thing preventing that is that it's still a shonen. I'd like Himawari to be stronger than Bolt, but that has a -infinity chance of ever happening. Burrito won't ever get Talk and Plot-No-Jutsu. That was tied to Fishcake being Ashura's reincarnation... Unless that gets retconned.

Weeaboo Name
18th February 2015, 7:45 PM
TNJ was nothing to do with Ashura. Whilst it is true that all of the reincarnations had similar attitudes it wasn't because of the reincarnation, also none of them had that as strong as Ninja Jesus, obviously. I'd like to pretend the reincarnation stuff didn't happen. I guess Naruto just being like somebody is too subtle for a manga aimed at kiddies.

Thinking about it we haven't really seen any female Uchiha. Just Sauce's mum in a flashback. Oh and somebody in the anime where Itachi was explaining Izanami.

Emperor Empoleon
18th February 2015, 9:10 PM
Bolt would probably inherit Talk no Jutsu regardless since its practically a staple of the writing.

Nodame
18th February 2015, 9:20 PM
I don't care for anyone in team 7 minus Kakashi

Kakashi is the best written character in Naruto tbh. I mean, he is not my favourite, but I do think he's the best character in Naruto. He is one of the few who look like a real ninja and fight like real ninjas are supposed to. Kakashi and Itachi are 2 of the few real and well developed ninjas that Kishi has done. Too bad 80% of the series was about Naruto chasing after a guy who hated his guts, OP characters, bad romance and plot holes. I still can't believe Kishi neglected Taka and Orochimaru.

Lorde
18th February 2015, 10:41 PM
Kakashi was lame imo. He was always given hype, but barely ever met the expectations. I can't even count how many times he collapsed or was put through a predicament either; the guy was all talk and little action imo.

Weeaboo Name
18th February 2015, 11:27 PM
Kakashi was fine but he lacked personality, people love that cool guy with a tormented past jazz. Sasuke was good up until he finds out about Itachi's mission, although he probably recovered with time. Liked Naruto a lot more in part one, not too keen on his transformation to Jesus Uzumaki at the end of the Pain fight, hoping he finds a happy medium in the future. Sakura threatened to become a better character but then MUH SASAUKE ruined that, although going by her part in The Last it seems she'll be taking on the big sister role, that's nice.

If we are talking about people that play a major part in Naruto's life then I prefer everybody that isn't in team 7. Jiraiya, Bee, Hinata and Konohamaru. I'd say Gaara too but I'd probably rank Sauce above him because of the bromance in the first couple of arcs.

Platinum fan.
18th February 2015, 11:34 PM
Kakashi was lame imo. He was always given hype, but barely ever met the expectations. I can't even count how many times he collapsed or was put through a predicament either; the guy was all talk and little action imo.

Lorde, I can't tell when you're serious or not. Kakashi is the coolest shinobi in this series. He's the king of cool. Kakashi only collapsed like...two times that I can think off the top of my head. He got laid out by Itachi, which is fine considering Itachi's one of the strongest characters in the entire series. And he collapsed when he spammed MS. Which is good, I'd hate if he could spam it like Sasuke and Madara can, even Itachi had mortal limits with MS. Kakashi didn't get any cheap powerups until the Kaguya fight, but that fight was a cheap mess in itself. He's the only character to actually use real ninja tactics. Lives by actual shinobi laws. Managed to remain a big time player even after he got surpassed long ago. He fought the likes of Pain and Obito, even when one could consider him a old dog at this point. Kakashi is awesome. The only reason he doesn't win many of these big fights is because this series is called Naruto. And even with Naruto's uber powers they chose Kakashi over him as Tsunade's replacement. Kakashi is the man!

Red and Blue
18th February 2015, 11:42 PM
Kakashi is the best written character in Naruto tbh. I mean, he is not my favourite, but I do think he's the best character in Naruto. He is one of the few who look like a real ninja and fight like real ninjas are supposed to. Kakashi and Itachi are 2 of the few real and well developed ninjas that Kishi has done. Too bad 80% of the series was about Naruto chasing after a guy who hated his guts, OP characters, bad romance and plot holes. I still can't believe Kishi neglected Taka and Orochimaru.

I agree about Orochimaru, but I can't say the same for Taka. I never cared for their characters and they always felt irrelevant. Kind of glad Sasuke ditched them at the end

Weeaboo Name
18th February 2015, 11:46 PM
And even with Naruto's uber powers they chose Kakashi over him as Tsunade's replacement. Kakashi is the man!

Naruto was 17 when Kakashi took over and Konoha aren't scrubs like the Sand.

Kakashi would have been better if he didn't favour one of his team over the others. He points out that Sakura has a talent for genjutsu and then never teaches her how to cast them, he didn't even point her in the direction of Kurenai. Imagine how much more interesting Sakura would have been if her power was genjutsu and not simply punching things really hard.

Platinum fan.
18th February 2015, 11:54 PM
Naruto was 17 when Kakashi took over and Konoha aren't scrubs like the Sand.

Kakashi would have been better if he didn't favour one of his team over the others. He points out that Sakura has a talent for genjutsu and then never teaches her how to cast them, he didn't even point her in the direction of Kurenai. Imagine how much more interesting Sakura would have been if her power was genjutsu and not simply punching things really hard.

Blame Tsunade. She apparently took over as Sakura's mentor in part 2. That's not Kakashi's fault if Tsunade's hogging her. Kakashi did play favorites with Sasuke during the Chunin exams, and I called him out on that ages ago, but it's not like he didn't make arrangements for Naruto. It's just Naruto found a better teacher then Ebisu, or whatever that guys name was.

Sand aren't scrubs. They have the misfortune of not having the main character in their village and a weak daimyo that put them in the position they were in.

Lorde
18th February 2015, 11:55 PM
Kakashi only collapsed like...two times that I can think off the top of my head.

He fainted after fighting Zabuza and Itachi, then he was weak after rescuing Gaara and couldn't accompany Team 7 to find Sasuke because he was hospitalized, then he got killed by Pain. So impressive.

Weeaboo Name
18th February 2015, 11:59 PM
Kakashi sent Naruto to Asuma for hints when he had Jiraiya, not to mention teaching him himself. That is before he went to meet sensei toad and Bee. I know Nardo is the main character and all but come on.

It would have made Kurenai relevant for a couple of chapters. She was supposed to be the genjutsu master. If only she had Sharingan she might have been allowed to take some spotlight.

Oh yeah, why on earth was she given a team which specializes in tracking. All of the other konoha squad leaders made sense. Meh.

Red and Blue
19th February 2015, 12:03 AM
I am not sure why Kakashi's low stamina should be held against him. Even good characters have weaknesses in order to make them realistic and human. He was still able to become a powerful ninja despite his setback.

Platinum fan.
19th February 2015, 12:07 AM
He fainted after fighting Zabuza and Itachi, then he was weak after rescuing Gaara and couldn't accompany Team 7 to find Sasuke because he was hospitalized, then he got killed by Pain. So impressive.

I said he gets tired from spamming MS. He was weak after spamming MS in the rescue Gaara arc because he was used MS and he didn't have a Uchiha body or some crap like that. He got killed by Pain because he saved Choji's life from the robot Pain, not because Pain himself killed him. He played dead and Pain fell for it, then saved Choji so he could give Tsunade the info on the Pain dolls. Kakashi went out on his own terms, knowing if he used MS he'd die. That's way more impressive then half the characters in this series that don't have uber freakish powers that make them broken. So yeah, Kakashi still is impressive. The Zabuza one escaped me.

Weeaboo Name
19th February 2015, 12:09 AM
Kakashi fighting without the Sharingan should be much more entertaining than him fighting with it. I seem to recall that was constantly sapping his chakra meaning he couldn't do a lot of other things.

Platinum fan.
19th February 2015, 12:38 AM
I agree about Orochimaru, but I can't say the same for Taka. I never cared for their characters and they always felt irrelevant. Kind of glad Sasuke ditched them at the end

I forgot to comment on this. Orochimaru shouldn't have come back in the first place. His story was finished basically. He had no place in the war.

Lorde
19th February 2015, 12:47 AM
He was still able to become a powerful ninja despite his setback.

Sure, by relying almost exclusively on a borrowed power. He only became famous because of the Sharingan that wasn't originally his, and even then his hype failed him half the time.

Weeaboo Name
19th February 2015, 12:47 AM
Heh, I thought Oro's part in the war gave us some decent closure on him.

Well, I say closure. Considering all he **** he has done maybe he shouldn't be in the wind come the end of the manga. Perhaps we will get that in the mini series or film. Wouldn't be surprised if he went back to being a villain for the film, can imagine them selling a few tickets if we get a hokage naruto vs oro fanservice fight.

Weeaboo Name
19th February 2015, 12:49 AM
Sure, by relying almost exclusively on a borrowed power. He only became famous because of the Sharingan that wasn't originally his, and even then his hype failed him half the time.

He used the Sharingan better than most of the Uchiha.

Platinum fan.
19th February 2015, 12:49 AM

He was already Jonin level before he got Sharingan. Come on, Lorde, you know that.

Nodame
19th February 2015, 4:45 PM
Kakashi was fine but he lacked personality, people love that cool guy with a tormented past jazz
He has a personality, he's carefree, calm, and sometimes cold. Then again, I like his cool act and overall development the most, its not like he is funny or anything. I admire coolness.

Void Ventus
19th February 2015, 5:16 PM
He was already Jonin level before he got Sharingan. Come on, Lorde, you know that.

Keyword "famous". Sure he was already Jonin, but the Rock ninja didn't even know him. Only after he got the Sharingan that he became famous.

Would Oro even be a threat in Part 3? Sure over a decade has past, and that's a long time to get enough research and experiment, but he'd be against the unified Shinobi alliance and fight against the two strongest Shinobi alive in the current era. Sauce has no reason to go evil anymore now that he's confessed his love to Nard and going on about his "Muh Redemption". I'd prefer if he and Kabuto just reform and come back to Konoha, and have an entirely new villain instead. No one as strong as Madara/Kaguya/Toneri though. Just would be horrible writing if there's a new villain that just so happened to be stronger, and only NOW appear.

Lorde
19th February 2015, 11:06 PM
Keyword "famous". Sure he was already Jonin, but the Rock ninja didn't even know him. Only after he got the Sharingan that he became famous.

This. Despite him being a prodigy, he still wasn't well-known until he got the Sharingan and made a name for himself internationally.

Platinum fan.
19th February 2015, 11:40 PM
LOL, you guys are nitpicking the smallest of things on Kakashi. Nobody on this forum said he was flawless. I could easily call out Naruto, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Madara, Orochimaru, Jiraiya, Minato, Madara, Nagato, and every Super Freak in the series, strip them of what made them "famous" and call them lame too.

Jb
19th February 2015, 11:45 PM
I don't think Jiraiya had anything that made him famous. Oro was a snake freak that mastered immortatliy and such, and Tsunade was the best med ninja in the world. Jiraiya was just a tough sob

Platinum fan.
19th February 2015, 11:50 PM
I don't think Jiraiya had anything that made him famous. Oro was a snake freak that mastered immortatliy and such, and Tsunade was the best med ninja in the world. Jiraiya was just a tough sob

Jiraiya was pretty famous. I heard more about his character then Tsunade's from other characters. Plus he was called the Toad Sage when we first meet him. But because of how we're now viewing characters he's lame without Sage Mode which he learned from toads. Therefore it's a burrowed power. He's lame. :P

Lorde
19th February 2015, 11:58 PM
I could easily call out Naruto, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Madara, Orochimaru, Jiraiya, Minato, Madara, Nagato, and every Super Freak in the series, strip them of what made them "famous" and call them lame too.

Except that unlike Kakashi, several of them were actually born with their talent and didn't need an organ transplant to make them strong ninja. :x

Nodame
20th February 2015, 12:04 AM
LOL, you guys are nitpicking the smallest of things on Kakashi. Nobody on this forum said he was flawless. I could easily call out Naruto, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Madara, Orochimaru, Jiraiya, Minato, Madara, Nagato, and every Super Freak in the series, strip them of what made them "famous" and call them lame too.

You can't please everyone. I read in an interview that Kishi had to decrease Kakashi's screen time because he's becoming too popular, even more than Naruto. So yeah, he's loved by the majority of people, specially in Japan.

Platinum fan.
20th February 2015, 12:06 AM
Except that unlike Kakashi, several of them were actually born with their talent and didn't need an organ transplant to make them strong ninja. :x

And several of them would be lame without their powers because they don't fight like real ninjas. Lame, lame, lame! Naruto without Kyuubi, Sage Mode, and the clones he had to learn? Lame. Nagato without Rinnegan? Lame. Orochimaru without his experiments and immortality? Lame. Every Uchiha without their BS Sharingan upgrades? Minus Itachi, every of them is lame. Itachi would still be a threat. Gaara without his sand? Lame. Tsunade and Sakura without their super strength and healing? Lame. Hyugas without Gentle Fist and Byakugan? Lame.

And again, Kakashi was Jonin level without Sharingan. He was never a Super Freak, but to say he's lame because he had Obito's sharingan, how is being able to stay relevant until the end of the series lame?

Edit: And yes, Besho, I remember one of the popular contest things, Kakashi won one of the first ones. Another one beside Kakashi was Sasuke.

Void Ventus
20th February 2015, 12:07 AM
For Ninja folks, Jiraiya is best known as the Toad Sage of the Legendary Sannin. For common folks, he's the author of the best selling Icha Icha erotic novels.

Naruto and Nagato also have borrowed powers. Just having a big chakra pool from being Uzumaki wouldn't have helped them.

Jb
20th February 2015, 12:09 AM

None of those people were born with their powers. The Uchiha's had to kill family/steal eyes to get where they were at. Naruto/Garra weren't born with the tailed beast. Nagato wasn't born with the Rinnegan and so one

Lorde
20th February 2015, 12:11 AM
And again, Kakashi was Jonin level without Sharingan. He was never a Super Freak, but to say he's lame because he had Obito's sharingan, how is being able to stay relevant until the end of the series lame?

But even Sakura managed to stay relevant till the end and unlike him she didn't have some DEM power-up of Sharingan quality like he had. That says a lot.

Platinum fan.
20th February 2015, 12:17 AM
But even Sakura managed to stay relevant till the end and unlike him she didn't have some DEM power-up of Sharingan quality like he had. That says a lot.

Lorde, my good sis, Kakashis Sharingan wasn't DEM. As you mentioned whenever he uses it he passes out. Compared to Sasuke who can spam it, that's nothing. Sakura wasn't relevant for a long time. She fought Sasori and peaked early and would not fight again until like the war arc. Sakura was not relevant until she got the forehead thing, and even then it was nothing compared to Kakashi's Kamui.
Edit: When I say relevant, I mean in a action sense, not the actual character themselves.

Lorde
21st February 2015, 5:56 AM
Sakura was not relevant until she got the forehead thing, and even then it was nothing compared to Kakashi's Kamui.

So her Strength of a Hundred Seal - which basically put her on-par with Tsunade's strength - was worse than Kakashi's Kamui?

Platinum fan.
21st February 2015, 4:13 PM
So her Strength of a Hundred Seal - which basically put her on-par with Tsunade's strength - was worse than Kakashi's Kamui?

Yeah. Kakashi's Kamui was OP, hence why Kishi limited him to how many times he could use it before he got Obito's hax powers at the end. Tsunade was outclassed in part 2. You have powerhouses like Raikage, who while not as powerful, had super speed on his side which makes all the difference in a fist fight. You also had Might Guy who's Eight Inner Gates makes Tsunade's strength laughable in comparison, because he almost soloed Madara himself. Tsunade was more useful as a healer then a fighter by part 2, so Sakura being on-par with Tsunade didn't mean much by the time we reached the war arc. And she still had to be saved by Naruto, Kakashi, and even Obito. I'm not trying to diss Sakura here, but she's no Kakashi. Not even close. Kakashi's Kamui on the other hand was a massive game changer to the fights. Madara himself stole Kakashi's eye simply to gain the Kamui ability. Kamui was a game changer.

Nodame
21st February 2015, 9:26 PM
Lets do this because why not..
Favourite male: Naruto, Shikamaru
Favourite female: Sakura, Ino.
Best developed characters: Kakashi, Itachi.
Funniest character: Tobi, Naruto.
Favourite male design: Sasuke.
Favourite female design: Sakura
Strongest female: Kaguya of course
Strongest male: Naruto
Characters I hate: none.
Favourite arc: Chuunin exam
:p

Lorde
21st February 2015, 9:37 PM
Yeah. Kakashi's Kamui was OP, hence why Kishi limited him to how many times he could use it before he got Obito's hax powers at the end. Tsunade was outclassed in part 2. You have powerhouses like Raikage, who while not as powerful, had super speed on his side which makes all the difference in a fist fight. You also had Might Guy who's Eight Inner Gates makes Tsunade's strength laughable in comparison, because he almost soloed Madara himself. Tsunade was more useful as a healer then a fighter by part 2, so Sakura being on-par with Tsunade didn't mean much by the time we reached the war arc. And she still had to be saved by Naruto, Kakashi, and even Obito. I'm not trying to diss Sakura here, but she's no Kakashi. Not even close. Kakashi's Kamui on the other hand was a massive game changer to the fights. Madara himself stole Kakashi's eye simply to gain the Kamui ability. Kamui was a game changer.

So you're also proving my previous point about how much hax Kakashi used that was strictly related to his Sharingan compared to his own personal talents.

Pokegirl Fan~
21st February 2015, 9:38 PM
Favourite male: Sasuke, Shikamaru, and Minato until the Naruto vs Pain fight
Favourite female: Sakura and Kushina
Best developed characters: Kakashi, Itachi, Shikamaru
Funniest character: Tobi
Favourite male design: Sasuke.
Favourite female design: Sakura
Strongest female: Tsunade...seriously o_o
Strongest male: Naruto and Sasuke
Characters I hate: Madara, Kaguya, and Danzo
Favourite arc: Chuunin exam

Platinum fan.
21st February 2015, 11:18 PM
So you're also proving my previous point about how much hax Kakashi used that was strictly related to his Sharingan compared to his own personal talents.

LOL, your previous post was you saying how lame Kakashi is because he had Sharingan. Kakashi's MS was OP which is why Kishi limited his use of it and he could only use it once in a fight so this balanced it out so he wasn't ending fights in the blink of a eye, until we got to the war arc, where even I called him out on spamming Kamui more then he should and even said the way they used his chakra control was bs. You're only listing the negatives about Kakashi and trying to undermine what the character has achieved by simply saying he's lame or hax. I never said he was flawless, just that he's the only real ninja in the series now. You can call that lame if you want but by that definition so is everyone else in the entire series.

Besho, I'll be sure to make a list as soon as I well, make a list.

Lorde
21st February 2015, 11:22 PM
You're only listing the negatives about Kakashi and trying to undermine what the character has achieved by simply saying he's lame or hax.

What has he achieved by his own merits though? Everything he's done on-screen was accomplished via a power that wasn't originally his. On his own, I'd rate his skills as mid-tier.

LightningMaster95
21st February 2015, 11:31 PM
Favourite male: itachi and jiraiya
Favourite female: ino
Best developed characters: kakashi
Funniest character: gai
Favourite male design: minato, SO6P naruto
Favourite female design: none but i guess hinata
Strongest female: kaguya
Strongest male: madara shits on naruto
Characters I hate: sakura karin suigetsu
Favourite arc: pain arc except the rinne tensei revival part

Platinum fan.
21st February 2015, 11:32 PM
What has he achieved by his own merits though? Everything he's done on-screen was accomplished via a power that wasn't originally his. On his own, I'd rate his skills as mid-tier.

Why are you holding that against Kakashi though? Kakashi wasn't born with Sharingan, but frankly neither was Sasuke. He had to obtain it through a fight. Naruto wasn't born with Kyuubi or Sage Mode, yet he's made a legacy for himself. Kakashi was never a master of Sharingan either.

Akashin
21st February 2015, 11:54 PM

Everything Kakashi has accomplished was by his own merits; to say otherwise is ridiculous.

Literally the only things the Sharingan handed Kakashi was its ability to copy Ninjutsu and its ability to help him perfect the Chidori. Everything else he had to work on himself same as any other ability, so why on Earth does it matter whether his left eye is natural or transplanted? Unless you want to claim that everything Naruto accomplished via Kyuubi, and later everything anybody accomplished thanks to Chakra from somebody else (ie. Naruto and Sasuke, and Kakashi too for that matter), shouldn't be credited either.

Lorde
22nd February 2015, 12:00 AM
Why are you holding that against Kakashi though? Kakashi wasn't born with Sharingan, but frankly neither was Sasuke. He had to obtain it through a fight. Naruto wasn't born with Kyuubi or Sage Mode, yet he's made a legacy for himself. Kakashi was never a master of Sharingan either.

Sasuke always had the capacity to awaken the Sharingan though given his lineage, so apples and oranges. And despite Naruto's power-ups, he still needed to train and master them.

Platinum fan.
22nd February 2015, 12:26 AM
Sasuke always had the capacity to awaken the Sharingan though given his lineage, so apples and oranges. And despite Naruto's power-ups, he still needed to train and master them.

Kakashi had to train too. He was shown to be training in part 1. It's still the same thing. All of Sasuke's achievements are due to Sharingan, which he was not born with. None of Naruto's skills were his own, so again, you can't call Kakashi lame without calling everybody else lame too.

LightningMaster95
22nd February 2015, 1:03 AM

i think zetsu said it best "the sharingan is just another tool some ninja can use. a tool is only as powerful as the shinobi who uses it."

Platinum fan.
25th February 2015, 5:11 AM
Since I haven't done this yet.
Favorite male: Nagato, Yahiko, Kakashi,
Favorite female: Kushina, Konan, Ino
Best developed: Shikamaru, Kakashi
Funniest: Guy, Rock Lee, Obito, Jiraiya
Favorite male design: Zabuza, Haku (even though she's a girl) Sage Naruto
Favorite female design: Rin the plot device. Sakura and Ino too.
Strongest female: Kaguya
Strongest male: Madara
Characters I hate: Madara would be the closest thing to something I hate, and even I don't hate him. So nobody
Favorite arc: Chunnin Exam arc.

Yes, I cheated on this by having multiple answers. So what? :P

Lorde
26th February 2015, 1:45 AM
I already answered this the last time it was asked, but:

Favorite male: Itachi
Favorite female: Tsunade
Best developed: Gaara
Funniest: Jiraiya
Favorite male design: Pain
Favorite female design: Konan
Characters I hate: Half of the cast.
Favorite arc: Pain's Invasion arc.

Shneak
26th February 2015, 5:38 AM
Favourite male: Madara
Favourite female: Tenten/Konan
Best developed: Gaara
Funniest: Sai
Favourite male design: Pain
Favourite female design: Mei
Strongest female: Kaguya, somehow
Characters I hate: Sasuke, Sakura, Hinata, Obito, etc.
Favourite arc: Chuunin Exams/Kage Summit

LightningMaster95
28th February 2015, 5:47 PM
what i cant believe for a manga based on ninjas that the story's main character killed only 1 person in 700 chapters plus 1 canon movie

Pokegirl Fan~
28th February 2015, 5:52 PM
what i cant believe for a manga based on ninjas that the story's main character killed only 1 person in 700 chapters plus 1 canon movie

Wow really? I could have sworn Naruto killed more than one person xD

Dew Watatsumi
28th February 2015, 6:08 PM
Wow really? I could have sworn Naruto killed more than one person xD

Technically he killed nobody. Since the one person he "killed" was finished off by Kakashi

LightningMaster95
28th February 2015, 6:14 PM
Technically he killed nobody. Since the one person he "killed" was finished off by Kakashi

he killed yura when he was pretending to be itachi during the gaara arc in shippuden

SkyBlue
28th February 2015, 6:14 PM

Pretty sure kakuzu died to his wind rasen shuriken...

Dew Watatsumi
28th February 2015, 6:16 PM
Pretty sure kakuzu died to his wind rasen shuriken...

No, he was still alive, Kakashi finished him off with Chidori

LightningMaster95
28th February 2015, 7:24 PM
naruto killed the sand spy(yura) that was working for sasori with a giant rasengan

Lorde
28th February 2015, 9:52 PM
Yura was such a minor character imo, although I am surprised that Naruto showed no remorse either way. I mean that was his first direct kill and all and he didn't bat an eye.

Nodame
28th February 2015, 10:55 PM
Since I haven't done this yet.
Favorite male: Nagato, Yahiko, Kakashi,
Favorite female: Kushina, Konan, Ino
Best developed: Shikamaru, Kakashi
Funniest: Guy, Rock Lee, Obito, Jiraiya
Favorite male design: Zabuza, Haku (even though she's a girl) Sage Naruto
Favorite female design: Rin the plot device. Sakura and Ino too.
Characters I hate: Madara would be the closest thing to something I hate, and even I don't hate him. So nobody
Favorite arc: Chunnin Exam arc.

Yes, I cheated on this by having multiple answers. So what? :P

Nice list, and Haku is a guy, he said it himself I guess, even though he looks like a girl lol. I'll add Ino and Shikamaru to my list of favourite characters as well I forgot.

Red and Blue
1st March 2015, 6:26 AM
I still don't understand how Kishi could have forgotten to give Bolt and Himarari the Byakugan. It's just common sense that NH children would of inherited their mother's kekkei genkai.

At least the third NH baby will have it

Platinum fan.
1st March 2015, 11:43 PM
Nice list, and Haku is a guy, he said it himself I guess, even though he looks like a girl lol. I'll add Ino and Shikamaru to my list of favourite characters as well I forgot.

I am a firm believer that Haku was actually a girl. No way a boy looks that girly. Haku was such a good liar she even fooled herself. It's true :)

LightningMaster95
2nd March 2015, 5:40 AM
im actually glad bolt doesnt have the byakugan he would be incredibly op for a little kid and im really hoping the kids dont get their parents powers right off the bat imagine seeing

bolt: with sage mode, rasengan, byakugan, gentle fist, and a large supply of chakra

sarada: sharingan, raw strength, healing, susannoo, large amount of chakra

shikadai: intelligence, wind affinity, and shadow stitches

now that i think about it i really hope bolt sarada and shikidai are on the same team

Akashin
2nd March 2015, 5:45 AM
im actually glad bolt doesnt have the byakugan he would be incredibly op for a little kid and im really hoping the kids dont get their parents powers right off the bat imagine seeing

bolt: with sage mode, rasengan, byakugan, gentle fist, and a large supply of chakra

Of course he won't get any of these by default, same as Naruto wasn't handed Hiraishin or Rasengan (until Jiraiya later taught it to him, but that's not what you're getting at) either.

The problem with Bolt (and Himawari) not having the Byakugan is that it's 100% hereditary. Whether or not he'd be OP with it (which would only be a certainty if he becomes a carbon copy of Naruto ability-wise) is irrelevant.

Red and Blue
2nd March 2015, 8:20 PM
If he wanted to come up with a good explanation for why Bolt and Himawari don`t have the Byakugan, he could have just said it was recessive. There is nothing in the manga to say otherwise since Bolt and Himawari are the first mixed Hyuga kids we`ve seen. It would have been far more credible and believable than just saying he forgot.

phanpycross
2nd March 2015, 8:34 PM
Saying "Whoops, I forgot, soz guise" has to be the single dumbest thing Ive ever seem Even just saying he'd explain it later to give himself time would be better.

Lorde
2nd March 2015, 9:32 PM
If he wanted to come up with a good explanation for why Bolt and Himawari don`t have the Byakugan, he could have just said it was recessive. There is nothing in the manga to say otherwise since Bolt and Himawari are the first mixed Hyuga kids we`ve seen. It would have been far more credible and believable than just saying he forgot.

That makes sense in my view. By the way, do we know if Sarada has the Sharingan? I legit don't remember if it was stated.

Red and Blue
2nd March 2015, 9:35 PM
That makes sense in my view. By the way, do we know if Sarada has the Sharingan? I legit don't remember if it was stated.

I don't see why not. Unless kishi states in the spin off that only pureblood uchihas can have the sharingan.

LightningMaster95
3rd March 2015, 1:17 AM
i thought the sharingan was unlocked by going through something emotional so unless sarada has went through something like that she probably doesnt hav it

Red and Blue
3rd March 2015, 1:33 AM
I'm sure she could unlock it by other means (intense training for example) at some point in her life. Not sure why she would have it while she is an academy student anyways

Lorde
3rd March 2015, 1:40 AM
I can't wait to see Sarada in action when we get the Bolt mini-series. Sharingan or not, I want to see how she'll stack up against Bolt.

Platinum fan.
3rd March 2015, 3:29 AM
She won't stack up well to Bolt. She's a female in the Naruto universe. She's already doomed ability wise. It sucks that Bolt apparently doesn't have Byakugan. That along with the Gentle Fist are the only good thing about being a Hyuuga. Do they really need those creepy Hyuuga eyes to unlock Byakugan? That sucks. Bolt could have been the one thing to make the Hyuuga's actually feel important in the series again.

LightningMaster95
3rd March 2015, 8:37 AM
Of course he won't get any of these by default, same as Naruto wasn't handed Hiraishin or Rasengan (until Jiraiya later taught it to him, but that's not what you're getting at) either.

The problem with Bolt (and Himawari) not having the Byakugan is that it's 100% hereditary. Whether or not he'd be OP with it (which would only be a certainty if he becomes a carbon copy of Naruto ability-wise) is irrelevant.

well u never know cuz kishi is a huge fan of dbz and u can see it in the manga the parallels so just like trunks and goten plus vegeta and goku jr they will get their powerups with little to no effort...i know it might not happen but its still a possibility

LightningMaster95
6th March 2015, 11:47 PM
i really hope if the anime is going to expand or flesh out more on the things kishi wasnt able to in the manga like we get to see how kakashi was made into hokage and we see the inauguration as well as for naruto...and kishimoto says he wrote the script and says its canon to the story

Lorde
7th March 2015, 9:39 PM
She won't stack up well to Bolt. She's a female in the Naruto universe. She's already doomed ability wise.

I know that Kishi treats his female characters like crap, but I don't think Sarada's totally doomed per se; I don't think she'll be as useless as say, her real mom Karin at least.

Red and Blue
7th March 2015, 10:01 PM
I know that Kishi treats his female characters like crap, but I don't think Sarada's totally doomed per se; I don't think she'll be as useless as say, her real mom Karin at least.

She's not Karin's daughter. That was debunked by Kishi's assitant in November.

Akashin
7th March 2015, 10:11 PM

Hence why Lorde had that through a slash, I would imagine.

Lorde
7th March 2015, 10:33 PM

It's a joke. :p But yeah, I can't imagine Sarada being too weak, especially since she's half Uchiha, which makes her royalty in Kishi's eyes I imagine.

Pokegirl Fan~
7th March 2015, 10:56 PM
I imagine Sarada will be one of the writers favorite characters considering how well they treated all the other Uchihas. She'll definitely get a lot of screentime along with Narutos kids I imagine.

Red and Blue
11th March 2015, 5:27 AM
So maybe I missed it, but did Choji and Karui have ANY interactions at all? Like any during the war? Or when Karui and her team visited the leaf village after the Pain arc.

Lorde
11th March 2015, 9:58 PM
So maybe I missed it, but did Choji and Karui have ANY interactions at all? Like any during the war? Or when Karui and her team visited the leaf village after the Pain arc.

Judging by the hundreds of comments about how random the pairing is, I'm guessing no? I personally don't remember any interactions tbh.

Red and Blue
11th March 2015, 11:08 PM
Judging by the hundreds of comments about how random the pairing is, I'm guessing no? I personally don't remember any interactions tbh.

I thought as much. I get that Kishi wanted a new InoShikaCho, but I never thought in a million years that Choji would end up with Karui.

Platinum fan.
13th March 2015, 1:52 AM
I thought as much. I get that Kishi wanted a new InoShikaCho, but I never thought in a million years that Choji would end up with Karui.

If the anime is still running then they could have Choji randomly interact with Karui, if they aren't already at the part where everyone's in dream land already.

mew 2000
16th March 2015, 1:49 AM
So many people still seem to be angry about how Naruto ended, I thought it was ok save for kaguya that is.

Platinum fan.
16th March 2015, 2:02 AM
Depends on what you mean about angry. Overall I think some really bad choices were made for the last arc, but that's just my opinion. I didn't write this series. Though I'll always frown on Orochimaru's revival, Edo Tensei, Madara, and bunch of other junk. The series still had a decent run before all that.

Mr. Reloaded
16th March 2015, 2:16 AM
I'm more upset about the epilogue more so the ending.

The ending was still bad but it wasn't anger inducing.

mew 2000
16th March 2015, 2:25 AM
Depends on what you mean about angry. Overall I think some really bad choices were made for the last arc, but that's just my opinion. I didn't write this series. Though I'll always frown on Orochimaru's revival, Edo Tensei, Madara, and bunch of other junk. The series still had a decent run before all that.

I've seen comments saying just because of kaguya alone, or the double ms kakashi had bs that it became the worst manga ever. Yes kaguya and kakashis power up were bs but not enough to take naruto out of the top ten. just like dbz's ending wasn't enough to take it out of the top 10.

Those people have alittle point the ending was full of retcons but the worst ones are the ones saying the pairing ruined the whole thing for them.

Lorde
16th March 2015, 2:32 AM
I've seen comments saying just because of kaguya alone, or the double ms kakashi had bs that it became the worst manga ever.

They're exaggerating about it being the worst manga imo, although Kakashi's last-minute power-up was BS in my opinion.

Platinum fan.
16th March 2015, 3:11 AM
I've seen comments saying just because of kaguya alone, or the double ms kakashi had bs that it became the worst manga ever. Yes kaguya and kakashis power up were bs but not enough to take naruto out of the top ten. just like dbz's ending wasn't enough to take it out of the top 10.

Those people have alittle point the ending was full of retcons but the worst ones are the ones saying the pairing ruined the whole thing for them.

Meh, I dislike DBZ with a passion, despite enjoying Naruto. Naruto isn't the worst ending yet. The things I named are way worse the Kaguya. Madara was broken as anything, and Sakura's forehead powerup was way worse the Kakashi's limited time Sharingan. At least Kakashi had been in action all this time. Sakura sits on the sidelines and then I'm suppose to believe she's on par with Naruto and Sasuke because she gets a smudge on her forehead? That was a load of Tauros droppings right there. But none compare to Orochimaru returning for no reason and the Edo Tensei madness. But I ranted about all this ages ago. Time to move on. Even though I still detest Orochimaru being brought back. Worse thing the series did.

LightningMaster95
16th March 2015, 4:34 AM
Sakura sits on the sidelines and then I'm suppose to believe she's on par with Naruto and Sasuke because she gets a smudge on her forehead? That was a load of Tauros droppings right there. .

people actually believe shes on par with naruto and sasuke? what makes people believe that b.s.? cuz she hit kaguya on her head when she was distracted by kakashi naruto and sasuke

Platinum fan.
16th March 2015, 3:17 PM
people actually believe shes on par with naruto and sasuke? what makes people believe that b.s.? cuz she hit kaguya on her head when she was distracted by kakashi naruto and sasuke

Not exactly on par, but of that same level of powerful. They directly referenced them as the new Sannin for a reason. And while I have no problems with making Sakura that powerful, I actually would love that. The problem is the power got zero buildup. Naruto and Sasuke got years and years of development to get to this point. They could have at least shown Sakura working on the jutsu with her forehead or mention she's having trouble storing it. It comes out at the most convenient time when Team 7 reunites. The whole storing chakra in the forehead thing has got to be one of the most lazy executions of a powerup I have ever seen. Imagine if everyone could become powerful but just sitting on their butts and storing chakra. This is why I wanted Sakura as a awesome genjutsu fighter rather then a Tsunade clone. Tsunade's cool and all, but a genjutsu shinobi would have made Sakura way cooler. I only complain because I do like Sakura and she deserved better treatment/buildup then this lazy excuse of a powerup. This was worse then any Uchiha powerup, and you all know how I go off on the plot power of Uchiha's...minus Itachi. Itachi's the only Uchiha I never complain about.

LightningMaster95
16th March 2015, 4:53 PM
the Edo Tensei madness.

This was worse then any Uchiha powerup, and you all know how I go off on the plot power of Uchiha's...minus Itachi. Itachi's the only Uchiha I never complain about.
question platinum fan....i know you hated the edo tensei when it came to the war so how do you feel about itachi being edo tensei during the war and getting a hax power(izanami) also overall how did u feel about edo tensei itachi ?

Shneak
16th March 2015, 8:35 PM
So there's going to be a stage play run of Naruto PTS and the costumes look awesome. This **** should be a live-action movie. Screw Boruto. Team 7 and friends (http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/01/27/dattebayo-12-awesome-cast-photos-from-the-upcoming-naruto-live-spectacular/) Team 8/10 (http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/02/06/six-new-cast-photos-from-naruto-play-released-as-teams-8-and-10-get-ready-to-take-the-stage/)

Platinum fan.
16th March 2015, 10:17 PM
question platinum fan....i know you hated the edo tensei when it came to the war so how do you feel about itachi being edo tensei during the war and getting a hax power(izanami) also overall how did u feel about edo tensei itachi ?

Edo Tensei Itachi? I feel pretty much the same way I do with all the other zombies. But I have to admit something. I did enjoy Naruto and Killer Bee vs Edo Tensei Nagato and Itachi, and when Itachi joined them to subdue Nagato. That was almost like one of those dream matches you can only see if you play them in a Playstation/Xbox game. But in general I didn't complain about Edo Tensei Itachi because I knew Sasuke was going to get powers that surpass him and with Madara running around dropping meteors on people, Edo Tensei Itachi almost looked harmless in comparison. Itachi's new hax powers I guess goes along the lines of Kakashi's hax power.

Also live action Naruto? Is Haku going to be played by a girl as she should.

Lorde
16th March 2015, 10:22 PM
Also live action Naruto? Is Haku going to be played by a girl as she should.

Haku was a guy, sis.

Weeaboo Name
18th March 2015, 2:48 AM
Personally thought the edo tensei was a pretty okay way of having the wrongdoings of the past literally beaten out by the current gen. Zombies and Zetsus weren't the most interesting enemy but it would have defeated to purpose to have current generation ninja on the other side. Could have had mercenaries but that would neither be interesting or too believable.

Madara attempting to go sage of 6 paths, naruto and sauce being literal reincarnations and those powerups that went with it and kaguya weren't good. It should have ended with Madara being beaten.

Also as for the complaints about Chouji and Karui/Sai and Ino. They were all kids in the manga, it is safe to assume that some people would find their partners as adults, you know, like in real life. They both fit Kishi's Yin and Yang personality types for relationships so I can't see anything wrong with that. Also after his baller war performance I'd imagine Chouji could have had his pick.

Red and Blue
18th March 2015, 8:16 PM
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:164031

So Kishi did a interview with Kobayashi recently.

Lorde
18th March 2015, 9:26 PM
So Hidan's Kishi's favorite Akatsuki member: I'm surprised he didn't say Itachi. :p

Mr. Reloaded
18th March 2015, 9:46 PM
Hidan? Pfffff

#teamDedara all day erry day.

Red and Blue
18th March 2015, 11:31 PM
So Neji died for Naruhina? Wow that's really crappy. Poor neji :/

Not surprised that Kishi regrets writting Sakura the way he did. There is no defending her after 693.

Platinum fan.
19th March 2015, 12:02 AM
The Sakura/Hinata thing was kinda sad. As stated, both really didn't do much overall, but Sakura at least had the potential to become a good if not great character if they moved her away from Sasuke's crush and...oh I'm just beating a dead horse now. No wonder Hinata's marrying Naruto.

The thing that interest me the most right now about that was what he said about Itachi. When he first showed up he already planned to make him a secret good guy. This kinda explains something I always wondered in part 1 when Itachi and Kisame confront Naruto and Sasuke in that hotel. When Kisame mentions that the Uchiha clan was killed by Itachi, both Sasuke and Itachi looked unpleased. I was always somewhat surprised Itachi cared. This also explains why he didn't just kill Kakashi, Kurenai, and Asuma when he went to the village, even though he could have silently killed them all with MS before Guy scared him off. Interesting. Very interesting.

Akashin
19th March 2015, 12:15 AM
The thing that interest me the most right now about that was what he said about Itachi. When he first showed up he already planned to make him a secret good guy. This kinda explains something I always wondered in part 1 when Itachi and Kisame confront Naruto and Sasuke in that hotel. When Kisame mentions that the Uchiha clan was killed by Itachi, both Sasuke and Itachi looked unpleased. I was always somewhat surprised Itachi cared. This also explains why he didn't just kill Kakashi, Kurenai, and Asuma when he went to the village, even though he could have silently killed them all with MS before Guy scared him off. Interesting. Very interesting.

I'm honestly pretty sure that Kishimoto already admitted to that being his plan from the beginning some time ago. Either that, or Itachi being designed as a secret good guy from the beginning was so widely believed that I simply took it as fact. Either way, I wasn't surprised to see him say this.

Platinum fan.
19th March 2015, 12:19 AM
I'm honestly pretty sure that Kishimoto already admitted to that being his plan from the beginning some time ago. Either that, or Itachi being designed as a secret good guy from the beginning was so widely believed that I simply took it as fact. Either way, I wasn't surprised to see him say this.

By part 2 it was more obvious there was a swerve with Itachi. I could tell even with the fake one. But his first ever appearance in the village hunting Naruto? I did not think he was a secret good guy. Nothing really an truly implied it, but that's mainly because the character was still unknown and we only got his backstory at the end of part 1, and even then I don't believe anyone who will say they knew from the start Itachi killed the Uchiha clan because they were plotting a hostile take over.

Akashin
19th March 2015, 12:28 AM
By part 2 it was more obvious there was a swerve with Itachi. I could tell even with the fake one. But his first ever appearance in the village hunting Naruto? I did not think he was a secret good guy. Nothing really an truly implied it, but that's mainly because the character was still unknown and we only got his backstory at the end of part 1, and even then I don't believe anyone who will say they knew from the start Itachi killed the Uchiha clan because they were plotting a hostile take over.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying he was an open book from the beginning. But between (like you said) him not killing the Jounin and the mystery of why he spared Sasuke, there was definitely grounds to look back on Part 1 after the fact and see that there were signs that Kishimoto planned for Itachi to not be an antagonist from the beginning. For me those instances weren't really suspicious at the time either.

Mr. Reloaded
19th March 2015, 1:26 AM

When you have to kill off a character to try and develop a pairing that's still incredibly flawed in the end, then you know you're doing something wrong.

R.I.P Neji...

Lorde
19th March 2015, 4:54 AM

Yeah that sounds messed up in my view. I had assumed that he simply died to give Konoha a casualty of war that wasn't simply a generic stock character.

Weeaboo Name
19th March 2015, 6:11 AM
Neji was born into the series to give Hinata a sad backstory and killed off to give her a happy future, JUST LIKE POTTERY. A needless death as he could have literally just had Naruto notice, but Kishi isn't a good writer so oh well. Still not sure how people genuinely saw Naruto ending up with anybody but Hinata though, especially post fake confession.

Sakura was wasted potential, or maybe the Kazekage Rescue arc just got my hopes up. I really wish she went to Kurenai during the timeskip to get some advice on genjutsu, it would have been a far more interesting fighting style than punching things really hard. Also her final powerup was kind of bs, I guess Kishi had to give her something to bring her level slightly closer to two guys that had just gone into jesus mode.

Platinum fan.
19th March 2015, 6:38 AM
Neji was so unimportant by the time of his death, it really made no difference in the end. Sad but true. Neji wasn't a big player in part 2 like he was in part 1. So for me it doesn't matter the reason why Neji was killed off. It sucks because I liked him, but Neji wasn't getting any spotlight in part 2 and was just like all the other Konoha ninjas not named Naruto and Sasuke, background fodder.

LightningMaster95
19th March 2015, 6:22 PM
Neji was so unimportant by the time of his death, it really made no difference in the end. Sad but true. Neji wasn't a big player in part 2 like he was in part 1. So for me it doesn't matter the reason why Neji was killed off. It sucks because I liked him, but Neji wasn't getting any spotlight in part 2 and was just like all the other Konoha ninjas not named Naruto and Sasuke, background fodder.
what about kakashi and shikamaru they got spotlight

Mr. Reloaded
19th March 2015, 6:29 PM
Kakashi
Shikamaru
Itachi
and Gaara

Were like the only side characters in part 2 who got any decent development.

Pokegirl Fan~
19th March 2015, 6:31 PM

I think both were handled well, probably the best since both Naruto and Sasuke had some issues with how they were handled imo, and I don't think any of the others were handled that well tbh. :/

Lorde
19th March 2015, 8:51 PM

They were getting lots of screen-time since Part 1, so it's not surprising. I didn't care for one of them though, so all that spotlight was irrelevant to me.

Platinum fan.
20th March 2015, 12:06 AM

I meant the Konoha 11 really, my bad. That's true about Shikamaru though, I forgot about him. But beyond him, none of them felt important. Kakashi somehow staying relevant for as long as he did was impressive, especially when the Uchihas outclassed him in Sharingan abilities. I found him more relevant then the Hokage...or any of the kages for that matter. Though Onoki and A got to show off how powerful they were. Too bad Mei didn't get to show off more of her lava jutsu. But anyway back to the Konoha bunch, this is why Neji's death was not as big a impact as it should have been. You were never going to see Neji anymore after he died, but how was that any different then the rest of part 2? The lack of Konoha 11 in part 2 was very disappointing for me. At least Team 10 got the Asuma fight in the war for Ino and Choji to at least show off what they could do.

Red and Blue
26th March 2015, 5:57 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-26/naruto-spinoff-manga-mini-series-to-begin-on-april-27/.86389

Okay, the spin off has a title and release date

Lorde
26th March 2015, 8:36 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-26/naruto-spinoff-manga-mini-series-to-begin-on-april-27/.86389

Okay, the spin off has a title and release date

So it'll follow Naruto's story again? I thought the mini-series would be about Bolt and his friends. :/

Red and Blue
26th March 2015, 9:38 PM
So it'll follow Naruto's story again? I thought the mini-series would be about Bolt and his friends. :/

Well the article said the focus would still be on the next generation. So my guess is that it will focus on Bolt's journey as a Ninja and Naruto's conflicts as the seventh Hokage

Mr. Reloaded
26th March 2015, 10:00 PM
So what's the anime's reason for it's current filler saga? Is it to try and make the gap between Shippuden and this new spinoff less spacey?

Franckie
27th March 2015, 5:10 AM

Not surprised that Kishi regrets writting Sakura the way he did. There is no defending her after 693.

There's no defending her after 275. Her character went downhill after the first arc for Part II.

Weeaboo Name
27th March 2015, 7:20 AM
So what's the anime's reason for it's current filler saga? Is it to try and make the gap between Shippuden and this new spinoff less spacey?

Probably want the anime running up until the Bolt film airs and that certainly would require some filler.

Lorde
27th March 2015, 8:29 AM
There's no defending her after 275. Her character went downhill after the first arc for Part II.

I agree. I hope she gets treated better in the upcoming mini-series though; it wouldn't redeem her character completely, but she could use a better portrayal.

Platinum fan.
28th March 2015, 4:26 PM
Is it wrong that I'm not that interested? I feel like Naruto is done as a series. Maybe I'm just still trying to get the war arc out of my mind. That was a long, bad, arc.

Mr. Reloaded
28th March 2015, 4:31 PM
Is it wrong that I'm not that interested? I feel like Naruto is done as a series. Maybe I'm just still trying to get the war arc out of my mind. That was a long, bad, arc.

I really don't blame you.

I mean this point, it really just feels like fanfiction.

Akashin
28th March 2015, 5:10 PM

I probably wouldn't have cared too much about this even if my feelings on Naruto as it dragged through the war were more positive, but I agree.

Weeaboo Name
29th March 2015, 12:31 AM
War was fine and the sequel should be fun.

Just hoping for some nice SOL and family moments. Also looking forward for seeing more triggered NaruSaku on tumblr.

Red and Blue
29th March 2015, 6:34 PM
https://40.media.tumblr.com/23d66f681297a359d246af334694d7d9/tumblr_nlzd03NwCi1shlaabo1_1280.jpg

New looks for Bolt and Sarada. Glad they will be aged up so the spin off

diakyu
29th March 2015, 7:30 PM
I'm looking forward to the spin-off. It's new and fresh compared to the craziness of the last few arcs of the series. I'm also looking forward to this fighting style Kishi is so proud about with Boruto.

Lorde
29th March 2015, 8:50 PM
Sarada looks cute and tough; I really hope she takes after her dad more than her mom in the spin-off in terms of fighting skills.

Red and Blue
29th March 2015, 9:21 PM
Healing, perfect chakra control, and super strength would come in handy for a fight. I'm hoping that Sarada's fighting style is a mixture of both of her parents

phanpycross
29th March 2015, 10:25 PM
I really dig those outfits, I wish a had a jacket like Bolt's tbh.

here's hoping he uses more diffrent attacks than his dad tho.

Mr. Reloaded
29th March 2015, 10:30 PM
The designs are good enough, I just hope this spinoff is different enough from the original to be fresh and intriguing.

Lorde
30th March 2015, 8:08 AM
Healing, perfect chakra control, and super strength would come in handy for a fight.

Yeah, but Kishi has placed way more emphasis on Kekkei Genkai skills like Sharingan in the past, so I'd expect Sarada to use that more.

Void Ventus
30th March 2015, 8:34 AM
Salad looks great! Wearing Sakura's Part 1 costume with maybe the Uchiha fan crest on the back? When is the manga coming out again? Spring has already started.

Weeaboo Name
30th March 2015, 12:37 PM
It starts during the golden week double issue in a few weeks time.

Platinum fan.
30th March 2015, 11:00 PM
Maybe I'm just being a cranking ole grump, but I still am not crazy about Bolt looking exactly like Naruto. I wish they gave him Kushina's hair and got rid of those ugly cat whiskers. I hated them on Naruto, and I hate them even more on his kids. I won't judge Bolt's character yet, but I find his design lazy. As for Sarada, looks like she has Sakura's part II early outfit. Still don't care for her mother after you-know-what, hope she becomes the genjutsu fighter that Sakura never did. I guess we'll see.

Jb
31st March 2015, 12:32 AM
i wish this series would just die. i mean, i want it to end but ive intensive so much time into it, its just be a waste to stop reading related material

Mr. Reloaded
31st March 2015, 12:39 AM
i wish this series would just die. i mean, i want it to end but ive intensive so much time into it, its just be a waste to stop reading related material

And I wish One Piece would end the Dressrosa arc but we all can't get what we want can we?

xD

phanpycross
31st March 2015, 1:26 AM

I just wanna go back to Part 1 and all the untapped potential ;_;

Red and Blue
31st March 2015, 1:56 AM
You know, when you really think about it, Scarlet Spring is like Legend of korra was to the original Avatar. A series that focuses on the next generation in a futuristic technically advanced setting

Lorde
31st March 2015, 2:03 AM
You know, when you really think about it, Scarlet Spring is like Legend of korra was to the original Avatar. A series that focuses on the next generation in a futuristic technically advanced setting

I hope the mini-series doesn't end with Sarada and Chocho dating tbh.

Weeaboo Name
31st March 2015, 5:23 AM
Maybe I'm just being a cranking ole grump, but I still am not crazy about Bolt looking exactly like Naruto. I wish they gave him Kushina's hair and got rid of those ugly cat whiskers. I hated them on Naruto, and I hate them even more on his kids. I won't judge Bolt's character yet, but I find his design lazy. As for Sarada, looks like she has Sakura's part II early outfit. Still don't care for her mother after you-know-what, hope she becomes the genjutsu fighter that Sakura never did. I guess we'll see.

You are clearly grumpy but you do have a point. The fact that Kishi literally forgot the Byakugan is kind of annoying. From the preview pic it would appear the only thing he has gotten from thr Hyuuga is a smug demeanor. He did hint at a 3rd kid though, expect red hair and Byakugan.

Whiskers are like part of the Naruto trademark, it's been 15 years, deal with it.

And I wish One Piece would end the Dressrosa arc but we all can't get what we want can we?

xD

Nice, wanting a series with a bunch of foreshadowed stuff still yet to happen to end for what I can only assume is convenience. Also topping it of with a disgusting ''xD''. Wonderful.

Red and Blue
31st March 2015, 6:32 AM
Speaking of the third NH kid, we might find out if that rumor was legit in the first chapter. Since there will be a timeskip between 700 and the spin off Hinata may have already given birth to him/her during the timeskip.

Void Ventus
31st March 2015, 11:09 AM
Hinata is really preggo with a 3rd kid? I thought that was just a joke... Dang, Sauce. Step yo game up, son. You ain't getting younger, and you gotta repopulate for the sake of your clan!

Doesn't Naruto have whiskers because Kushina was still Kurama's Jinchuuriki when she gave birth? Bolt and Hima having whiskers make canonical sense seeing as how Naruto is still Kurama's J.

Platinum fan.
31st March 2015, 7:39 PM
Hinata is really preggo with a 3rd kid? I thought that was just a joke... Dang, Sauce. Step yo game up, son. You ain't getting younger, and you gotta repopulate for the sake of your clan!

Doesn't Naruto have whiskers because Kushina was still Kurama's Jinchuuriki when she gave birth? Bolt and Hima having whiskers make canonical sense seeing as how Naruto is still Kurama's J.

Maybe Sasuke's getting random girls pregnant on his journey. I don't know. Personally the revival of the Uchiha Clan is a scary thought. I've said it numerous times a army of Sasuke's and Itachi's would be the end of mankind.

As far as the whiskers, I know why Naruto has them, doesn't mean I have to like them. I always hated that about Naruto's design. I hate it even more on his kids. Bolt is just part 1 Naruto with slightly bigger hair in a different coat. Still wish he had the Kushina hair. Ever since I saw Naruto in Kushina's hair I wished he got that style of hair. Sorry Minato, but Kushina's hair is cooler then your Volkner hair...even though you were invented before Volkner. But anyway, I never liked the whiskers. I'm just being vocable about it now because it's being used again.

Weeaboo Name
31st March 2015, 8:04 PM
At least Bort's fashion sense is somewhat quiet compared to his dad's.

Void Ventus
31st March 2015, 9:07 PM
Would it be possible for there to still be Uchihas on the other side of the world? Nagato's family did move to the Rain. Itachi having fathered dozens of kids along after being a part of Akatsuki would make him an even cooler character. At least then he would have tried to repopulate the clan several times more than Sauce's dingy one, who is a girl meaning the clan name will then be lost.

I don't know anything about genetics, but is it possible for the grandparents' genes to pass on to the grandchildren? Hinata has long hair anyway, so maybe the 3rd kid will have long hair like Hima will. I guess red hair can still pass down too, but chanches of that will be low.

Btw, where did this pic (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Hinata_Hyūga?file=Hinata's%20Dream.png) come from? Is it official or fan made?

Lorde
31st March 2015, 9:22 PM
Hinata is really preggo with a 3rd kid? I thought that was just a joke...

I hadn't even heard of this before tbh. I hope the third NaruHina kid has the Byakugan at least.

LightningMaster95
31st March 2015, 10:31 PM
Would it be possible for there to still be Uchihas on the other side of the world? Nagato's family did move to the Rain. Itachi having fathered dozens of kids along after being a part of Akatsuki would make him an even cooler character. At least then he would have tried to repopulate the clan several times more than Sauce's dingy one, who is a girl meaning the clan name will then be lost.

I don't know anything about genetics, but is it possible for the grandparents' genes to pass on to the grandchildren? Hinata has long hair anyway, so maybe the 3rd kid will have long hair like Hima will. I guess red hair can still pass down too, but chanches of that will be low.

Btw, where did this pic (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Hinata_Hyūga?file=Hinata's%20Dream.png) come from? Is it official or fan made?

its official it was in the manga it was hinata's infinte tysukuyomi dream when they all trapped by it

Void Ventus
1st April 2015, 1:00 AM
its official it was in the manga it was hinata's infinte tysukuyomi dream when they all trapped by it

What? I don't remember seeing that. Was that only included in the official volumes rather than scans?

Lorde
1st April 2015, 1:22 AM
What? I don't remember seeing that. Was that only included in the official volumes rather than scans?

It's a colored version of the same scene from chapter 678.

Void Ventus
1st April 2015, 1:45 AM
Oh wow, I completely forgot about that... I'll accept 1-2 whole months of IT filler please!

Weeaboo Name
2nd April 2015, 3:45 PM
IT fillers....nah.

They have these novels to animate now.

Apparently Sasuke only gets a cameo in Sakura's one, like his appearance in The Last. lol

Red and Blue
2nd April 2015, 4:27 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-02/boruto-naruto-the-movie-film-main-staff-illustrated-poster-revealed/.86653

More information about the upcoming movie. Based on the tagline, I'm not sure If I will like Bolt as much as i thought :/

Void Ventus
2nd April 2015, 8:08 PM
Lol that name fix is nice, I like it. Too bad it won't make sense in the English localizations though. I don't think the tagline means that, but rather that Bolt will most likely be a mischievous butthole trying to get Nard to stop being so busy and play with him.

That Sarada design is gross. Put her headband on top of her head instead like Sakura did, and she'll probably look 100x better.

Weeaboo Name
2nd April 2015, 8:36 PM
New anime ed is pretty hilarious. Part at the beginning with Madara putting his hand out puts it up with the Obito >tfw no gf one from a while back.

Wouldn't be surprised if the headband is only on her forehead whilst in battle.

Lorde
2nd April 2015, 9:14 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-02/boruto-naruto-the-movie-film-main-staff-illustrated-poster-revealed/.86653

More information about the upcoming movie. Based on the tagline, I'm not sure If I will like Bolt as much as i thought :/

I like the promo artwork for the film, but as with all Naruto films, I'm not genuinely hyped for it.

Platinum fan.
2nd April 2015, 11:32 PM

Bolt sounds like part 1 Naruto, and honestly Sarada kinda sounds like a Sasuke with the coldness in the eyes thing. Is this just a excuse to properly ship a Naruto and Sasuke through their kids? Whatever the only thing I'm looking forward to is Bolt and Sarada's interactions.

Akashin
2nd April 2015, 11:53 PM
I'm more interested in the oversized wrench than I am just about anything else about this.

I'm hoping Sarada won't be Fem!Sasuke, but we'll see.

LightningMaster95
3rd April 2015, 1:09 AM
Is this just a excuse to properly ship a Naruto and Sasuke through their kids?
this is what ive been thinking for a while now

Platinum fan.
3rd April 2015, 1:13 AM
I hope Bolt has a motivation that is not Hokage. I really want him to use shinobi weapons and tools as a fighter. Basically I just wanted him to be different then Naruto, but he sounds like a part 1 Naruto clone. I also hope he's not a outsider like Naruto was. Make him charismatic, make him a smooth talker with the girls or something. Just don't rehash part 1 Naruto like I fear they are going to.

Lorde
3rd April 2015, 1:23 AM
I'm hoping Sarada won't be Fem!Sasuke, but we'll see.

The new info on her character gives me that vibe. I bet tensions between her and Bolt will run high. Not sure if it'll pay off in the mini-series though.