PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116

Red and Blue
3rd April 2015, 1:25 AM
Gonna laugh so hard if that giant wrench ends up being Bolt's main weapon. Can't believe that the series ended back in December and the spin off will start at the end of the month. Time sure flew by

uber gon
3rd April 2015, 3:01 AM
So basically nothing really changed in regards to peace in Naruto's world. Hopefully none of the original rookies became the Danzo of their generation.

Void Ventus
3rd April 2015, 3:32 AM
So basically nothing really changed in regards to peace in Naruto's world. Hopefully none of the original rookies became the Danzo of their generation.
Well, the 5 nations are together now. Karui also said something about the Ino-Shika-Cho formation not being necessary since the world wasn't like that anymore.

EmphaticPikachu
3rd April 2015, 8:15 PM
I just want to comment about how amazing "Wind" was as an opening. I'm not entirely sure where this taste for it came from, but I'm like obsessed with it. Fast quick cuts, a little bit of meaning sprinkled in there, and fits the series end very well.

And the fact I just like the song makes it that much better @-@

Lorde
3rd April 2015, 10:42 PM
Well, the 5 nations are together now. Karui also said something about the Ino-Shika-Cho formation not being necessary since the world wasn't like that anymore.

Yeah but other non-allied ninja villages still exist, and since the shinobi system is still intact, there's bound to be some bad blood.

Void Ventus
4th April 2015, 5:33 AM
Yeah but other non-allied ninja villages still exist, and since the shinobi system is still intact, there's bound to be some bad blood.

Yes, but like in the real world, total peace is something that just can't be achieved. Some countries will accept help from the 5 nations and become allies with them, some countries will refuse all help and try to be independent, and some will undoubtedly want to retaliate. The Leaf has the two strongest Shinobis alive currently, and that's surely to cause some tension.

LightningMaster95
4th April 2015, 6:03 PM
I just want to comment about how amazing "Wind" was as an opening. I'm not entirely sure where this taste for it came from, but I'm like obsessed with it. Fast quick cuts, a little bit of meaning sprinkled in there, and fits the series end very well.

And the fact I just like the song makes it that much better @-@

the opening was ehhh to alright i found the ending to be much better nd showed how flawed the shinobi system is which in turn shows what the series has been about

what do u guys think the roles of the tailed beasts will be in part 3? 6 or 7(not sure if shukaku stayed with gaara) out of the 9 tailed beasts are in the wild while the 8 nd 9 tails r with their jinchurikis

Red and Blue
4th April 2015, 6:15 PM
the opening was ehhh to alright i found the ending to be much better nd showed how flawed the shinobi system is which in turn shows what the series has been about

what do u guys think the roles of the tailed beasts will be in part 3? 6 or 7(not sure if shukaku stayed with gaara) out of the 9 tailed beasts are in the wild while the 8 nd 9 tails r with their jinchurikis

The tailed beast were already focused on in part 2. I just hope they stay in the wild and who ever the antagonist will be isn't interested in them.

Weeaboo Name
4th April 2015, 10:17 PM
I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be a part of the sequel and if they are it'll just be in some support act backing up the good guys.

Jb
4th April 2015, 11:01 PM
The new opening sucks. The ending was great tho

LightningMaster95
4th April 2015, 11:18 PM
The new opening sucks. The ending was great tho

i wouldnt say that it sucks the song is decent nd the animation is better than the ending

Weeaboo Name
5th April 2015, 12:23 AM
I liked the Gai part of the op a lot.

Shneak
5th April 2015, 4:58 AM
Both are good because of the Madara focus. The opening also spoiled Kaguya even though she'll appear in less episodes than the current filler arc.

Lorde
5th April 2015, 5:32 AM
I just hope they stay in the wild and who ever the antagonist will be isn't interested in them.

This please. Akatsuki already went after them, so I want something more original for the upcoming mini-series.

Void Ventus
5th April 2015, 7:28 PM
The novels are not canon, right? Just supervised by Kishi? Inari mentions Blood Prison, and that's not canon.

Mr. Reloaded
5th April 2015, 7:42 PM
I'm not feeling the music in the OP, the whole OP seems kinda boring.

Idk it's probably because of the unnecessary filler.

Weeaboo Name
5th April 2015, 8:09 PM
The novels are not canon, right? Just supervised by Kishi? Inari mentions Blood Prison, and that's not canon.

Haven't even read anything about Kishi supervising them tbh. Just one of those things, if you enjoy them then why not. As long as they don't do anything which breaks canon too much I'm sure I won't have any problems with them.

Lorde
5th April 2015, 8:52 PM
The novels are not canon, right?

Kishi didn't write them, so I personally don't consider them canon. I only consider the events in the manga to be canonical.

LightningMaster95
5th April 2015, 10:06 PM
Kishi didn't write them, so I personally don't consider them canon. I only consider the events in the manga to be canonical.

dont forget the movie "the last naruto the movie" is also canon

uber gon
5th April 2015, 11:00 PM
Yes, but like in the real world, total peace is something that just can't be achieved. Some countries will accept help from the 5 nations and become allies with them, some countries will refuse all help and try to be independent, and some will undoubtedly want to retaliate. The Leaf has the two strongest Shinobis alive currently, and that's surely to cause some tension.

Somehow I see Sarada having a lot more sympathetic reasons if she does a Sasuke leaving the village arc. Although maybe missing-nin aren't as bad as in the original series.

DiaRubyTandem
9th April 2015, 10:47 AM
When is the release of the new movie?

Mr. Reloaded
9th April 2015, 1:36 PM
Sometime in August.

I think it's the 7th.

Void Ventus
12th April 2015, 10:55 AM
The live action Naruto musical apparently has a teaser for Naruto Gaiden
Burrito and Salad are in the same team. Third kid is unknown. Sensei is... Sasookay??!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take with a grain of salt. Also, there's one dude on Reddit translating the novels. You should go and read it. The dude's awesome for translating it by himself.

lolipiece
16th April 2015, 1:34 AM
Let's not.

The series is over. If news comes up about any extra projects, then post away.

Otherwise it'll devolve into pointlessness.

Void Ventus
16th April 2015, 7:28 AM
Let's not.

The series is over. If news comes up about any extra projects, then post away.

Otherwise it'll devolve into pointlessness.
The story about the kids is pointless now?

Akashin
16th April 2015, 1:05 PM
The story about the kids is pointless now?

tak310 posted (and has since deleted, apparently) a suggestion that we debate the outcome of a fight between non-ET (but still EMS) Madara and Sage Mode Naruto, for whatever reason. Lolipiece's post was in reply to that, not you.

Red and Blue
16th April 2015, 4:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9bGcItQ4Hk

Teaser for the film. Looks like it will take place during the Chuunin Exams

DiaRubyTandem
16th April 2015, 4:44 PM
Naruto is the first hokage that didn't became Chunin. Lol

Akashin
16th April 2015, 4:49 PM

Wouldn't that be Hashirama, who was Hokage before there were Chunin?

Mr. Reloaded
16th April 2015, 4:52 PM
Wouldn't that be Hashirama, who was Hokage before there were Chunin?

And Naruto is the first Hokage who didn't become Chunin after it existed lol.

So it counts in a way.

Akashin
16th April 2015, 4:55 PM
And Naruto is the first Hokage who didn't become Chunin after it existed lol.

So it counts in a way.

It definitely counts. I was just pointing out that, technically speaking, Hashirama was never a Chunin either (but he was never a Genin to begin with, so I mean, he is kinda disqualified).

Red and Blue
16th April 2015, 5:05 PM
So Sasuke is going to be Bolt's teacher huh? What could he possible teach him? The kid won't even have a Sharingan. I just hope Sasuke isn't training hom over his own freaking daughter

lolipiece
16th April 2015, 5:19 PM
The art of being a jerk.

I hear he's an expert on the subject.

Void Ventus
16th April 2015, 5:28 PM
tak310 posted (and has since deleted, apparently) a suggestion that we debate the outcome of a fight between non-ET (but still EMS) Madara and Sage Mode Naruto, for whatever reason. Lolipiece's post was in reply to that, not you.
Ahh okay, my bad. Also, moonly spoilers, Gehrman!

Has it been confirmed he doesn't get promoted really quickly through the ranks sometime before 700? He and Sauce probably just skipped Chunin rank altogether and went to Hokage and Jonin respectively immediately.

So Sasuke is going to be Bolt's teacher huh? What could he possible teach him? The kid won't even have a Sharingan. I just hope Sasuke isn't training hom over his own freaking daughter
Naruto probably just assigned Sasuke to teach Bolt the value of friendship and determination and whatnot. Or he knows Salad has a crush on Bolt, so to prevent another whacky Uchiha meltdown, has asked to watch over them to make sure her feelings doesn't get the best of her because dem crazy Uchihas love too much. Also, wonder who that third kid is? He has to play an important role too somehow.

DiaRubyTandem
16th April 2015, 5:51 PM
Is it me or their kids really grow up so fast. It's only been 3 years but they act like 7 years old

Lorde
16th April 2015, 8:08 PM

Simply seeing reaction shots of four characters did nothing for me. I'm more excited for the mini-series to be frank.

phanpycross
16th April 2015, 8:18 PM
Is it me or their kids really grow up so fast. It's only been 3 years but they act like 7 years old

From what Ive learned: 1 year in fiction is genrally just a nice way of saying three years, and 5 years might as well be 10 years.

20 years is basically 100-200 years.

nuzamaki90
17th April 2015, 12:46 AM

Can't wait for the chapters next week. I really want to see how Konoha is looking after all these years. I wonder when the chapters takes place though, before or after the movie?

Red and Blue
17th April 2015, 12:55 AM
Can't wait for the chapters next week. I really want to see how Konoha is looking after all these years. I wonder when the chapters takes place though, before or after the movie?

Before the film most likely. Next week? I thought it was the 27the?

nuzamaki90
17th April 2015, 12:59 AM
Before the film most likely. Next week? I thought it was the 27the?

Got my dates mixed up, sorry.

If the title is anything to go by, the whole miniseries will take place in one month. So I wonder what will happen, seeing how the final phases of the war literally took place for a few hours overnight.

Platinum fan.
17th April 2015, 1:35 AM
Honestly when I saw Bolt, I thought Naruto cloned himself using his part 1 self and just put some new clothes on. Then I realized that was actually Bolt. Other then the clothes I couldn't tell them apart. Anyway is Sasuke really going to be his teacher? I imagine his daughter and Bolt would be on the same squad. I'm mainly following this to see their relationship. I bet they'll be frenemies and rivals. But would that make Sarada stronger then Bolt? A female shinobi that is powerful? That's unheard of. But yeah, I just want to see these two interact and I wonder if they are a squad who their third member will be?

p96822
17th April 2015, 1:56 AM
Honestly when I saw Bolt, I thought Naruto cloned himself using his part 1 self and just put some new clothes on. Then I realized that was actually Bolt. Other then the clothes I couldn't tell them apart. Anyway is Sasuke really going to be his teacher? I imagine his daughter and Bolt would be on the same squad. I'm mainly following this to see their relationship. I bet they'll be frenemies and rivals. But would that make Sarada stronger then Bolt? A female shinobi that is powerful? That's unheard of. But yeah, I just want to see these two interact and I wonder if they are a squad who their third member will be?

No no no that not Naruto way, she is going to get kiddnaped and became useless

LightningMaster95
17th April 2015, 2:52 AM
i think when they say master they are talking about about how jiraiya was to naruto tsunade was to sakura and orochimaru was to sasuke not sasuke being a sensei/squad leader

nuzamaki90
17th April 2015, 2:57 AM
A female shinobi that is powerful? That's unheard of. But yeah, I just want to see these two interact and I wonder if they are a squad who their third member will be?

Tsunade and Konan were really powerful. It's really blurry but iirc this was the concept art for Bolt's team http://i.imgur.com/emMNn53.png

Lorde
17th April 2015, 3:06 AM
she is going to get kiddnaped and became useless

This ain't Bleach.

I expect better things from Sarada than we saw with Sakura if only because of Kishi's hard-on for Uchihas.

Platinum fan.
17th April 2015, 3:41 AM
Tsunade and Konan were really powerful. It's really blurry but iirc this was the concept art for Bolt's team http://i.imgur.com/emMNn53.png

Were they really? Anyway I hope they reveal Bolt's team and leader soon. If Bolt is just a Naruto ripoff then hopefully the other members of the group will steal the show. Kinda like how Pokemon's sidekicks do that all the time. And if Sarada is in the group then that means there will not be a Sakura, because Sarada, despite her mother, does not seem like that type. She's a Uchiha so she'll get good treatment. I think Sarada will be the first true powerful kunoichi in Naruto.

Akashin
17th April 2015, 3:52 AM
Were they really?

Perhaps not when it counted, but in general, they were well above what one would consider "average" in the Ninja World.

But if all you've got is a reputation for being strong and little in the way of feats to back it, it really doesn't matter.

Platinum fan.
17th April 2015, 3:56 AM
Perhaps not when it counted, but in general, they were well above what one would consider "average" in the Ninja World.

But if all you've got is a reputation for being strong and little in the way of feats to back it, it really doesn't matter.

I agree they were above average, but honestly if I was picking a team of most powerful shinobi in the series, neither of them would make the cut. Konan looked like she could have been really powerful if given the chance, but I guess she always had the wrong opponent to fight :(

Lorde
17th April 2015, 4:04 AM
I agree they were above average, but honestly if I was picking a team of most powerful shinobi in the series, neither of them would make the cut.

Well no one could match Madara's, Sasuke's, or Naruto's level, so it's not that Tsunade and Konan were weak, it's that they didn't have insane hax abilities imo.

Platinum fan.
17th April 2015, 4:12 AM
Well no one could match Madara's, Sasuke's, or Naruto's level, so it's not that Tsunade and Konan were weak, it's that they didn't have insane hax abilities imo.

It's not just those three I'd put above Tsunade and Konan. Honestly there are few part 2 shinobi I think Tsunade could actually beat, especially since most can fight at a distance and not up close. And again, they could have done more with Konan, she did seem like something that could be powerful if given the chance. But she didn't get that chance.

Red and Blue
17th April 2015, 4:13 AM
So, any thoughts on the mysterious third teammate? My guess is either a new character or Lee's kid

Akashin
17th April 2015, 4:18 AM
I agree they were above average, but honestly if I was picking a team of most powerful shinobi in the series, neither of them would make the cut. Konan looked like she could have been really powerful if given the chance, but I guess she always had the wrong opponent to fight :(

Oh, there's no denying that neither one are making any top ten lists. But while Tsunade I have little defence for (she most certainly deserves her reputation as a medic, but not nearly as much as a combatant), Konan I felt deserved her rank and position among the Akatsuki.

Ultimately, my stance on it is that whether or not they're strong depends upon the scale we use. Are we weighing them against the upper level enemies we saw throughout Shippuden, or against the Ninja World in general? I maintain that they're both well above average when weighed against the latter.

Shneak
17th April 2015, 4:53 AM
Honestly for a movie the animation isn't that impressive. Maybe it's cause I'm still not sold on Boruto or Salad's existences.

Red and Blue
17th April 2015, 5:21 AM
Honestly for a movie the animation isn't that impressive. Maybe it's cause I'm still not sold on Boruto or Salad's existences.

Studio Pierrot probably blew all their money on "The Last'. Which would explain the current anime's bad animation and the animation for this film

Lorde
17th April 2015, 5:22 AM
Honestly there are few part 2 shinobi I think Tsunade could actually beat, especially since most can fight at a distance and not up close.

I don't think her fighting style lowered her chances of slaying some strong Part 2 ninja; she just didn't get to fight much.

Platinum fan.
17th April 2015, 5:59 AM
I don't think her fighting style lowered her chances of slaying some strong Part 2 ninja; she just didn't get to fight much.

Akashin said it best, Tsunade was a better medic shinobi then a fighter. I'm not saying she's weak, but any shinobi that could fight at a distance, pretty much very part 2 villain, was not in danger of fighting Tsunade. As a medic she's legendary. As a fighter not so much. Unless it was healing, Tsunade never felt like a game changer in a fight. She's not weak but her battle feats don't measure up.

Kaguya is like the only female thing that was made powerful. Which is why I'm hoping Sarada truly breaks the mold. Hopefully they don't make her a Sakura clone in her skills.

LightningMaster95
18th April 2015, 1:52 AM
Studio Pierrot probably blew all their money on "The Last'. Which would explain the current anime's bad animation and the animation for this film

all the money they "blew" they earned it back and a whole tons more since The Last did well in sales and the studio will obviously get more money when the dvds etc for the last movie come out....my reason for the animation right now being sub par is that all their top animators are working on the Boruto movie and other studio pierrot animes as they probably and also probably want top quality for the canon episodes instead of using their budget on fillers

Red and Blue
20th April 2015, 7:12 PM
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto-gaiden-the-seventh-hokage/0

So it turns out the spin off won't start next monday. It's this Thursday. Get ready

Mr. Reloaded
20th April 2015, 7:36 PM
Are you guys ready for Naruto Part I: 2.0 with more plot holes and a slightly more interesting Hokage? I'm sure as hell not!

But hey it won't hurt to give it a shot. It'll be odd seeing Naruto out on the same day as One Piece though...

lolipiece
20th April 2015, 7:45 PM
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto-gaiden-the-seventh-hokage/0

So it turns out the spin off won't start next monday. It's this Thursday. Get ready

Eh, that's how it usually works. It comes out in Japan on Monday, but is leaked on the Thursday before.

Red and Blue
20th April 2015, 7:48 PM
You are aware that Shonen Jump comes out on Monday but leaks on the Thursday before, right?

Uh, no I wasn't. All the websites said it would start on the 27th, so I assumed that was the day the scans would come out

Platinum fan.
20th April 2015, 10:01 PM
Are you guys ready for Naruto Part I: 2.0 with more plot holes and a slightly more interesting Hokage? I'm sure as hell not!

But hey it won't hurt to give it a shot. It'll be odd seeing Naruto out on the same day as One Piece though...

It's been awhile, but what plot holes are there left in Naruto? Other then Orochimaru still being alive, there doesn't seem to be any that I can find...yet.

Anyway this is basically part III. Am I ready for it? Honestly no. I just can't hype myself up for the series. Naruto's Hokage dream has been completed. His son just looks like a carbon copy of him, with the same attitude almost. I don't mean to sound so negative, but I'm just not as interested as I should be. What more can be done in Naruto after the trolling of the king of trolls, Madara?

Lorde
20th April 2015, 10:12 PM
I can't wait for the mini-series' debut, mostly to see the old characters again. I want to be optimistic about Bolt and his pals too, but I'm more excited to see familiar faces. :p

Scruffy Old Wolf
20th April 2015, 11:08 PM
I wasn't originally that interested in the new mini series, but now that it's starting soon, I kinda want to see what's it going to be like. I'm actually looking forward to it now.

Red and Blue
23rd April 2015, 8:54 AM
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto-gaiden-the-seventh-hokage/1

it's finally here

DiaRubyTandem
23rd April 2015, 9:07 AM
Karin is the real mother of Sarada

Red and Blue
23rd April 2015, 9:13 AM
Not going to jump to conclusions about Sarada's biological mother just yet.

So Sasuke hasn't been around since Sarada's birth? Guess I shouldn't be shocked

DiaRubyTandem
23rd April 2015, 9:16 AM
Sasuke is flirting with other girls to reestablish Uchiha Clan lol

Blaze Master X
23rd April 2015, 9:42 AM
Kishimoto finally succeed Kubo in trolling. lol

PlatinumManzai
23rd April 2015, 9:49 AM
I can't wait for the movie

Void Ventus
23rd April 2015, 9:57 AM
Now then, where were those who immediately shut down the idea that Sarada was Karin's, not Sakura's? Seems heavily implied then because Sakura nor Sasuke wore glasses, and now it's even heavier implied in the chapter. Can't wait to see how Kishi tries his darndest to explain how Salad is Sakura's biological daughter.

DiaRubyTandem
23rd April 2015, 10:00 AM
They had threesome I guess

Red and Blue
23rd April 2015, 10:07 AM
So did Sakura get some sort of illness during the timeskip? I wonder what caused it?

Void Ventus
23rd April 2015, 10:30 AM
They had threesome I guess
Lol Sasuke got lucky then. Still, I feel bad for Sakura now. She's in her early 30s now and is married to her childhood crush, yet that's not even her biological daughter? Just need to confirm Lee's student is his kid, and Sakura will be confirmed loser of the bunch... Except maybe Kiba. Kiba is probably more of a loser.

So did Sakura get some sort of illness during the timeskip? I wonder what caused it?
Maybe the Sakura novel goes more into it? IIRC, she sets up a mental ward or something.

Red and Blue
23rd April 2015, 10:34 AM
Lol Sasuke got lucky then. Still, I feel bad for Sakura now. She's in her early 30s now and is married to her childhood crush, yet that's not even her biological daughter? Just need to confirm Lee's student is his kid, and Sakura will be confirmed loser of the bunch... Except maybe Kiba. Kiba is probably more of a loser.

Maybe the Sakura novel goes more into it? IIRC, she sets up a mental ward or something.

It was a children's hospital. Also, on a slightly more positive note, we may have Bolt and Sarada's third teammate. The kid Bolt was speaking to

greninjamaster
23rd April 2015, 10:48 AM
OMG the new chapter I legit died laughing. Everything I said would happen has come to fruition and goes to show just the character assassination levels Kishi has gone to.

1. Naruto knows what it's like to feel neglected and alone. Why does he make his son go through that same feeling? The REAL Naruto(the one I recognized for 698 chapters of the Manga) would never ever do that to his flesh and blood.

2. WHAT THE HECK HAS KISHI DONE TO SAKURA!? What has se done to a once incredibly independent, fierce woman that took no crap from no one. She's dusting furniture and fainting, wtf. Hinata did that and she's irrelevant. Sakura is not irrelevant.

3. SS. I legit could not laugh more. Sasuke is the biggest dead beat father in existence. Also from the sounds of it Sakura might not even be Salada's mother, which even I questioned because she legit looks like Karin in many ways. Also the picture oh that picture moment. I feel awful for Sakura, she deserves so much more than that trash.

If she had any dignity she would just take the child she's likely just looking after Karin died and just leave. Maybe Naruto can help but she seriously needs to go and Salad is just getting more and more curious and it's likely there are some really bad skeletons in that closet.

Izanagi
23rd April 2015, 11:04 AM
I'm going to have to agree with the above poster. The chapter had me cracking up way more than I should. Though I can't be any less interested in Boruto really. He doesn't really have much characters outside the fact that he almost a carbon copy of his father. "Salad" may still be a dumb name but I find her more interesting than Boruto. Did anyone believe for a second that SasuSaku was ever really going to work out? I mean really. Now "Salad" there a hints that she may not even be Sakura's kid. I'm sorry the ending just had me laughing.

I never really liked Sakura but they way she portray here is just sad. Then again Hinata was no better. I know Kishimoto isn't exactly known for writing competent characters but gosh.

DiaRubyTandem
23rd April 2015, 12:18 PM
OMG the new chapter I legit died laughing. Everything I said would happen has come to fruition and goes to show just the character assassination levels Kishi has gone to.

1. Naruto knows what it's like to feel neglected and alone. Why does he make his son go through that same feeling? The REAL Naruto(the one I recognized for 698 chapters of the Manga) would never ever do that to his flesh and blood.

2. WHAT THE HECK HAS KISHI DONE TO SAKURA!? What has se done to a once incredibly independent, fierce woman that took no crap from no one. She's dusting furniture and fainting, wtf. Hinata did that and she's irrelevant. Sakura is not irrelevant.

3. SS. I legit could not laugh more. Sasuke is the biggest dead beat father in existence. Also from the sounds of it Sakura might not even be Salada's mother, which even I questioned because she legit looks like Karin in many ways. Also the picture oh that picture moment. I feel awful for Sakura, she deserves so much more than that trash.

If she had any dignity she would just take the child she's likely just looking after Karin died and just leave. Maybe Naruto can help but she seriously needs to go and Salad is just getting more and more curious and it's likely there are some really bad skeletons in that closet.
Next chapter will have some action I guess cuz Sasuke is back

Izanagi
23rd April 2015, 12:28 PM
Next chapter will have some action I guess cuz Sasuke is back

*slow claps* Well its better than nothing I guess. We has he been off too anyways?

Void Ventus
23rd April 2015, 1:06 PM
*slow claps* Well its better than nothing I guess. We has he been off too anyways?

Rinne Tensei'd Karin and doing who knows what to her behind Sakura's back.

Seriously though, I couldn't help smiling throughout reading this chapter. At first because Naruto is back (kinda), but as I kept reading, it turned into a forced smile because it was just terrible. Why does the kid who talked to Bolt look like Toneri? Looks exactly the same, just shorter. I wish Shikadai turned more into like Temari than Shikamaru. I personally don't mind Bolt acting the way he does for now. From the way he talks about Naruto, it seems they were really close until his dad became Hokage. Excited to see how this gets resolved, but probably will be terribly done. And of course Sasuke, Sakura, and Sarada. 699 Sasuke clearly showed he had feelings for Sakura, so why didn't he get her preggo??!! Naruto and Hinata's wedding pic has Hinata holding a baby Himawari and Naruto baby Bolt, but the baby Sarada in the pic at the Uchiha home was probably already a year old. At least Chouchou was fun. Being embarrassed because Chouji likes lightly salted chips was funny.

Izanagi
23rd April 2015, 1:12 PM
I doubt that Karin is really Sarada's mother. The plot thread was just put in for the sake of drama. Sasuke is presumably going to come back and set things straight.
If Karin is really Sarada's mother then what happened to Karin and why Sasuke just drop her off with Sakura. Leaving her without her father for ten or more years?
Regardless he is still a dead-beat. Either that or he got some explaining to do.

Akashin
23rd April 2015, 1:15 PM

Never do what? Try his best to make time for his son in what way he can despite having a constantly demanding responsibility as Hokage to handle? The way I see it that's exactly what Naruto would do.

Compare Naruto and Boruto this chapter to Hiruzen and Naruto in the beginning. Naruto has a job that pretty much demands he put his family life second, so really what he's doing is the best he can. Boruto's frustration is warranted, but I wouldn't say Naruto is wrong either.

lolipiece
23rd April 2015, 1:56 PM
This chapter made my day simply for the ending and nothing more.

I saw spoilers of it and initially assumed they were fake. I'm so glad it wasn't.

If you guys needs me, I'll be blasting the "Sasuke's a douchebag" song on full blast.

Platinum fan.
23rd April 2015, 2:51 PM
You know, this chapter really made me realize what a old grump I am. I wasn't at all exciting for it. I think I was still washing the 4th ninja war out of my mouth. Once I started to read this, I was reminded why I liked the Naruto series in the first place. Thank you for bringing it back.

The chapter was better then I thought. I even thought Boruto was entertaining, though he didn't show up very much, but I'm fine with that. Sarada made this chapter. I love this character. From her relationships with Chouchou and Boruto to her grilling her mother, to her crying tears. Sarada is going to carry part 3 and I'm fine with that. She doesn't even care about being a ninja, even though she's sure to become one. Can't wait to see her and Boruto in action. Other stuff I enjoyed was old man Shikamaru with his son. Shikamaru looked so much like his old man with his own son. That's too cool. Hokage Naruto, like his son, didn't appear to much but that's okay. And finally the big reveal on who's Sarada's mother? Sasuke you ole player. And whatever happened to Karin? For the first time since Sasuke tried to kill her, I'm actually interested in Karin. Looking forward to seeing what happens.

lolipiece
23rd April 2015, 3:12 PM
Sasuke abandoned his family because he’s too embarrassed to tell them about his secret double life as a rapper named “Dr. Snakes.”

Mr. Reloaded
23rd April 2015, 3:47 PM
Sasuke's a terrible father, like just wow haha.

See now I'm interested in this mini series.

DiaRubyTandem
23rd April 2015, 3:50 PM
I wanna see Sarada fight. But I think she's not interested to be a ninja

Red and Blue
23rd April 2015, 4:03 PM
If Sasuke and Sakura aren't married then why does she have the Uchiha crest on the back of her dress? What was even the point of the forehead poke? If Kishi wanted SK, why not have Sasuke and Karin end up together will Sakura married someone else? So much doesn't make sense.

Now that daddy's back, I hope he clears some things up, ugh.

uber gon
23rd April 2015, 4:09 PM
Given that Sasuke nearly caused several Ninja Wars with the stuff he pulled in the past, I can see why he'd want to stay away from Konoha. Is Kurama inside Naruto still? Would be neat he Boruto got to hang with him or something.

Mr. Reloaded
23rd April 2015, 4:18 PM
Naruto still has Kurama.

Pokegirl Fan~
23rd April 2015, 4:25 PM
Just finished reading the 1st chapter. It was pretty interesting and Sarada seems like a very interesting character so far; I like her alot already. She has interesting interactions from what I saw so far with Boruto and some other characters as well. I also like how she's already getting some development. I guess I'm somewhat interested in finding out if Karin is her actual mother or not, but I doubt it since it seems like Sasuke is back and will probably make things clear.

Red and Blue
23rd April 2015, 5:54 PM
Even if it's revealed at the end that Sakura is Sarada's true mom, it still low of Kishi for doing this. Instead of making a proper SS daughter that had traits from both parents, he made Sarada resemble Karin just for the sake of a soap opera plot.

Akashin
23rd April 2015, 6:05 PM
Even if it's revealed at the end that Sakura is Sarada's true mom, it still low of Kishi for doing this. Instead of making a proper SS daughter that had traits from both parents, he made Sarada resemble Karin just for the sake of a soap opera plot.

Err, aside from the glasses (which mean absolutely nothing on their own), I don't see any significant resemblance to Karin. She's similar enough that if it turns out true that Karin is her mom I would buy it, but I have absolutely no trouble seeing her as Sakura's daughter either (it's worth noting that her hairstyle bears resemblance to Mebuki's, too).

Red and Blue
23rd April 2015, 6:18 PM
Err, aside from the glasses (which mean absolutely nothing on their own), I don't see any significant resemblance to Karin. She's similar enough that if it turns out true that Karin is her mom I would buy it, but I have absolutely no trouble seeing her as Sakura's daughter either (it's worth noting that her hairstyle bears resemblance to Mebuki's, too).

That's a good point. Sarada only questioned about the glasses and nothing else. I hope Sasuke clears things up soon

diakyu
23rd April 2015, 6:41 PM
Naruto still has Kurama.
I thought this was assumed at the end of Chapter 700 and it's blatant in the Last. Don't know why they would part honestly.

Platinum fan.
23rd April 2015, 6:55 PM
If Sarada is actually Karin's daughter then she has Uzumaki and Uchiha blood in her. That gives her the potential to top even Madara in terms of OP in the future, lol.

Other then that, it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't care if her mom is Karin or Sakura. Neither are anything to be proud of. If I were Sarada I would just pretend you have one parent, and that parent is Sasuke, who's a deadbeat father apparently. I wonder why Sasuke didn't stick around for his kid. Maybe they'll explain that too.

Red and Blue
23rd April 2015, 6:55 PM
Can't wait to hear Sasuke's excuse for ditching his family for thirteen years. Busy "atoning for his sins"?

Akashin
23rd April 2015, 7:11 PM
Can't wait to hear Sasuke's excuse for ditching his family for thirteen years. Busy "atoning for his sins"?

I would assume this is still the case, yeah. It would be rather ironic if that is the case though, for obvious reasons.

Nodame
23rd April 2015, 7:11 PM
I honestly was going to ignore this..but these spoilers CANNOT be ignored. What kills me is I'm still probably going to read this. It's just too tempting. For me it's obvious: Sarada is gonna insinuate Karin is her real mother. But turns out... Sakura is. Surprise surprise. Anyways, Sarada is my new love.

Lorde
23rd April 2015, 8:53 PM
What has se done to a once incredibly independent, fierce woman that took no crap from no one. She's dusting furniture and fainting, wtf. Hinata did that and she's irrelevant. Sakura is not irrelevant.

How was she ever "independent" when she had to rely on the help of other, stronger ninja half the time and kept chasing after Sasuke? Her fainting was lame, but the rest was expected of her imo.

EmphaticPikachu
23rd April 2015, 9:29 PM
I just read that chapter

holy ****, I wasn't expecting Sakura to not tell Sarada about her dad...and situation zzz...

At least Naruto understands parental abandonment now, keeping his boy busy with hide&seek with a clone. That's sweet of him, he's trying not to make mistakes like before.

Overall I thought it was a good chapter as I enjoyed the interactions between bolt(and naruto) &Sarada, and like Sarada as a character so far, but they're just throwing more salt in the wound against sakura. "I can't even claim he's my husband." Good god, give a sakura a break. You're going to get more rabid fans on you then you already did at the end. zzz And rightfully so in some cases.

Other then that, it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't care if her mom is Karin or Sakura. Neither are anything to be proud of. If I were Sarada I would just pretend you have one parent, and that parent is Sasuke, who's a deadbeat father apparently. I wonder why Sasuke didn't stick around for his kid. Maybe they'll explain that too.
its prolly because while he's "accepted" in the village, he's still disliked and distrusted quite a bit for previous actions. He doesn't think he needs to be there, it'd cause more stress.

you'd think he'd take her out on little trips tho or something.

Nodame
23rd April 2015, 9:36 PM
but they're just throwing more salt in the wound against sakura. "I can't even claim he's my husband." Good god, give a sakura a break. You're going to get more rabid fans on you then you already did at the end. zzz And rightfully so in some cases.

its prolly because while he's "accepted" in the village, he's still disliked and distrusted quite a bit for previous actions. He doesn't think he needs to be there, it'd cause more stress.

I agree. Things just keep getting worse for Sakura though. Sigh. My opinion is that they will make Sarada the focal point for drama of this manga just like they made Sasuke, I don't believe that Sarada is Karin's child, I believe they did this to add suspense and mystery to the plot, which is unnecessary in my opinion.

Lorde
23rd April 2015, 9:47 PM

Tbh I'm more concerned with what his supposed mission was that Sakura mentioned.

EmphaticPikachu
23rd April 2015, 9:47 PM
ya kishi could have probably just left it at "wonder who my dad is and what he's like." That's enough of a push to get her interested.

But although I dislike it, he's certainly caught the attention of the internet right now with this red herring.

Tbh I'm more concerned with what his supposed mission was that Sakura mentioned.
I thought that was just an excuse tbh.

Pokegirl Fan~
23rd April 2015, 9:51 PM
ya kishi could have probably just left it at "wonder who my dad is and what he's like." That's enough of a push to get her interested.

But although I dislike it, he's certainly caught the attention of the internet right now with this red herring.

I thought that was just an excuse tbh.
I kind of hope it wasn't an excuse; I hope he has a good reason for being away from the village for a long time.

EmphaticPikachu
23rd April 2015, 9:54 PM
I kind of hope it wasn't an excuse; I hope he has a good reason for being away from the village for a long time.

An excuse for sakura trying to get the question off her. lolw. "Oh, he's uh...just on a mission! ehehehe..*sweats*" I'm sure he has a good reason for leaving, heck, I'd even accept him just not being well liked in the village as the reason he doesn't stay. I wouldn't want that pressure on my daughter or myself.

I just dun get why he doesn't see her at all tho.

Joltik-Kid
23rd April 2015, 11:18 PM
Well this is a fine mess we're in... yeah I was gonna avoid this thread to save myself the trouble, but I think people get what they deserve for that ending : )

Mr. Reloaded
23rd April 2015, 11:19 PM
At very least I can understand Sasuke's reason for not wanting to be in the village but to not have seen your kid since she was a baby is beyond awful.

And it really doesn't help Sakura that she can't even consider him a husband. The series is over technically and she's still getting shat on. At least Naruto is trying to be a decent father. -__-

Jb
23rd April 2015, 11:25 PM
i lost my **** when sarada opened the picture.

it's like watching maury and jerry springer at the same time

Lorde
23rd April 2015, 11:40 PM

I wish he was looking for Orochimaru to finish him off for good, but he's probably not too relevant anymore. :c

Joltik-Kid
23rd April 2015, 11:46 PM
At least Naruto is trying to be a decent father. -__-
And yet Shikamaru telling Bolt he's wasting the clones time makes me wonder how hard "trying" really is

Platinum fan.
23rd April 2015, 11:56 PM
i lost my **** when sarada opened the picture.

it's like watching maury and jerry springer at the same time

When it comes to Sarada Uchiha, Sakura Haruno! You are not the mother!

In all seriousness you'd think Naruto and Sasuke would be better parents to their kids considering what they both went through, losing their families and junk. Oh well. They never learn do they? Kinda random, but I wonder when Bolt steps out of line, does Hinata give him a gentle fist to keep him in line? I want to see Bolt's dynamic with his mother, where is Hinata and why isn't she keeping a eye on her son?

Red and Blue
23rd April 2015, 11:57 PM
I hope we see the other two members of the Uzumaki family next chapter. I wonder if they feel the same as Bolt?

Lorde
24th April 2015, 12:02 AM
I hope we see the other two members of the Uzumaki family next chapter. I wonder if they feel the same as Bolt?

Hinata and that girl whose name I can't remember? Tbh I'm not surprised that they were snubbed in this chapter, not that I'm that eager to see them anyway.

Red and Blue
24th April 2015, 12:06 AM
Hinata and that girl whose name I can't remember? Tbh I'm not surprised that they were snubbed in his chapter, not that I'm that eager to see them anyway.
Himawari :p. I guess this chapter just focused on the dads since all the moms (excecpt Sakura) were absent

Nodame
24th April 2015, 12:09 AM
Also dont forget in that last interview with voice acting. They all confirm that sasusaku is canon. So it is just an atempt to lure all fandom back to this series and milk more money.

Joltik-Kid
24th April 2015, 12:17 AM
Are people happy knowing Sasuke was gone for 12 years and that Naruto is such a workaholic he's never with his family... was that the happy ending anyone deserved? Or was happiness just an illusion

Also dont forget in that last interview with voice acting. They all confirm that sasusaku is canon. So it is just an atempt to lure all fandom back to this series and milk more money.
Since when were voice actors the credible source over the author? Even if true it's one of the worst canon ships and Sakura using a Taka photo of Sasuke is pretty damning evidence

Lorde
24th April 2015, 12:20 AM
So it is just an atempt to lure all fandom back to this series and milk more money.

Romantic drama was always Kishi's specialty imo, so I agree. This chapter felt like the start of a soap opera to me.

BJack
24th April 2015, 12:24 AM
Kishi giving shippers what they deserve~
Poor Sarada tho :( she is a nice character

Red and Blue
24th April 2015, 12:39 AM
Honestly despite the type of person Sasuke is, I was looking forward to seeing him as a dad. It could have been sweet seeing him interact with his daughter. But now it's ruined

lolipiece
24th April 2015, 12:54 AM
Are people happy knowing Sasuke was gone for 12 years and that Naruto is such a workaholic he's never with his family... was that the happy ending anyone deserved? Or was happiness just an illusion

The Sharingan has become so powerful, it even affects us in the real world! He must be stopped.

Honestly despite the type of person Sasuke is, I was looking forward to seeing him as a dad. It could have been sweet seeing him interact with his daughter. But now it's ruined

https://41.media.tumblr.com/ca13a6179136dcc437bdebc7326203dc/tumblr_nna7qw7Weq1r1alb2o1_250.png

I REALLY hope this is his response if/when Sarada confronts him about his terrible parenting.

Joltik-Kid
24th April 2015, 12:57 AM
The Sharingan has become so powerful, it even affects us in the real world! He must be stopped.

Okay you got me with that one XD hahaha

DiaRubyTandem
24th April 2015, 1:05 AM
The chapter was interesting. It's about family, anyways I think Karin the mother of Saradaaaa

Lorde
24th April 2015, 1:07 AM
The chapter was interesting. It's about family, anyways I think Karin the mother of Saradaaaa

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that she's really Sakura's daughter ages ago in an interview, so it's not even a mystery at this point.

DiaRubyTandem
24th April 2015, 1:09 AM
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that she's really Sakura's daughter ages ago in an interview, so it's not even a mystery at this point.

She got the forehead of Sakura, but the glasses, the eyes.

Mr. Reloaded
24th April 2015, 1:16 AM

It's called irony.

Joltik-Kid
24th April 2015, 1:17 AM
It's called irony.
I wonder why Sakura hid the picture... or why she even had it to begin with

lolipiece
24th April 2015, 1:20 AM

What do glasses have to do with anything? I wear glasses, but my parents don't. They do now, but they only wear them because they're getting old.

Her eyes match Sakura's, too. Just with Sasuke's color.

I wonder why Sakura hid the picture... or why she even had it to begin with

Or better yet, why didn't she cut out the part with Suigetsu and Karin.

DiaRubyTandem
24th April 2015, 1:20 AM
Let's see. It's gonna be like Tobi's identity that many people will guess. Lol

Izanagi
24th April 2015, 2:13 AM
Has anyone read this yet? Its pretty hilarious. Then again that ending was more hilarious than not anyways.
http://askmalengil.tumblr.com/post/117203066297/sakura-sad-story-from-naruto-gaiden

DiaRubyTandem
24th April 2015, 2:14 AM
Has anyone read this yet? Its pretty hilarious. Then again that ending was more hilarious than not anyways.
http://askmalengil.tumblr.com/post/117203066297/sakura-sad-story-from-naruto-gaiden

Lol. But that's what I think too!

EmphaticPikachu
24th April 2015, 2:17 AM
In all seriousness you'd think Naruto and Sasuke would be better parents to their kids considering what they both went through, losing their families and junk. Oh well. They never learn do they? Kinda random, but I wonder when Bolt steps out of line, does Hinata give him a gentle fist to keep him in line? I want to see Bolt's dynamic with his mother, where is Hinata and why isn't she keeping a eye on her son?

naruto is improving though, he's clearly worried about his son feeling out-casted and bored, not loved by his family. That's why he continues to allow a clone to play that hide and seek game with him while he works his butt off as hokage. He's also not making it trying to end it quickly either;

His son is being a bit selfish, if anything. But that's why shiki stopped him. lol

He just can't help what he's become. I dun know what hinata's doing tho.

lolipiece
24th April 2015, 2:19 AM
You know, given his expertise with clones, you'd think he'd have the clone do the work so he could spend time with his son.

But I guess that'd be cheating or whatever.

Akashin
24th April 2015, 2:34 AM

Aside from knowing that his role as Hokage keeps him busy (as it did every other Hokage; Naruto is simply the only one we've seen struggling with balancing it with his family life), we don't really know what he's like as a parent. And between him trying to keep Bolt company in what ways he can without neglecting the village and him trying to get Bolt to view the whole village as his family the way he does, I'd say Naruto isn't doing too bad.

diakyu
24th April 2015, 2:44 AM
While I find this entire situation hilarious and interesting, I think it's a red herring. I expect the next few chapters being about more confusion and Sarada angsting with Boruto getting fed up with her mood after they (inevitably) get put on the same team.

Lorde
24th April 2015, 2:51 AM

Hehehe. Tbh though, I thought this manga was about ninja; what's with the sudden Maury-esque subplot?

Joltik-Kid
24th April 2015, 3:52 AM
His son is being a bit selfish, if anything.
Yup, it's all Bolt's fault his father spends little to no time with him... because you know when your 10, father figures are sooo overrated

Shneak
24th April 2015, 4:25 AM
I take back what I said about Sarada all before. She's great and I like the monologue about the uselessness of becoming a ninja. I suppose we'll get some closure with Team Taka. It would make sense that Sarada is Karin's kid but she died or something. They look alike and they act similarly. That makes it awkward for Sakura though. I suppose she's still married to Sasuke but having a step-kid probably wasn't in her plans. The scene with her destroying her house made me laugh, and even more when Shizune said she always passes out.

Void Ventus
24th April 2015, 4:51 AM

It is horrible that Sauce has basically abandoned his "family" except for a few visits here and there once in a while. Surely his atonement doesn't freaking take more than a decade. Is he traveling in every country and impregnating every women he sees so the legacy of the Uchiha can live on and in different parts of the world? As for Naruto, I don't think he's a workaholic. We don't really know everything that's happened between birth of Bolt and Himawari to Ch700. From what I gather, it seems Naruto played with Bolt (and of course Hinata and Himawari) right up until becoming Hokage. If your dad was a playful father for about a decade, then all of a sudden, he stops playing with you, wouldn't you also start acting out immediately? You try and try to get him back to his old self, but still nothing happens, so you become even more of a rebel.

Red and Blue
24th April 2015, 5:13 AM
I agree with those who say it is just a red herring.

As Akaashin pointed out, she resembles her maternal grandmother. And has traitz from Sakura like her forehead and eyes. Still sucks that Kishi is doing this to the SS fans

Platinum fan.
24th April 2015, 6:46 AM
Aside from knowing that his role as Hokage keeps him busy (as it did every other Hokage; Naruto is simply the only one we've seen struggling with balancing it with his family life), we don't really know what he's like as a parent. And between him trying to keep Bolt company in what ways he can without neglecting the village and him trying to get Bolt to view the whole village as his family the way he does, I'd say Naruto isn't doing too bad.

Well according to Naruto 2.0 aka Bolt, he's not doing enough...at least for Bolt anyway. I have no doubt Naruto's a good Hokage, that's not in question.

As far as all the other drama with Sarada and who her mother is, it probably is Sakura. Sarada probably just has bad eyes because Sasuke almost went blind at one point or something. I wonder if that carries over? Regardless I'm actually interested in what happened to Team Baka. Never thought I'd say that. What became of them, and will Sarada go looking for Karin? And will they send a squad after her? Will we call it the Sarada retrieval arc? Or maybe Bolt actually goes with her, just to spite his dad. Too many questions.

DiaRubyTandem
24th April 2015, 8:00 AM
There's one thing Bolt doesn't have. The harem jutsu lol

Nodame
24th April 2015, 5:27 PM

i'm not surprised, since when has Sasuke ever cared about other people's feelings?.. All I know for sure, is that, it was pretty OOC for him to marry someone, whoever it is.... I'd burst out laughing if I see Hinata knitting a scarf though.

LightningMaster95
24th April 2015, 6:29 PM
why are people thinking sasuke is the worst father in manga/anime? there are tons of fathers who are worse than him

Pokegirl Fan~
24th April 2015, 6:32 PM
why are people thinking sasuke is the worst father in manga/anime? there are tons of fathers who are worse than him

I'm hoping he explains why he's been gone for a long time that prevented him from coming back in some way.

Red and Blue
24th April 2015, 6:38 PM

Seriously? He hasn't been in his daughter's life since she was born. Not to mention possibly being a cheater. Until the next chapter comes out and we get an explaination, he is a deadbeat to me.

phanpycross
24th April 2015, 6:55 PM
Choji = best dad.

I really enjoyed the chapter, split on the possible twists on Sarada's mother, but at least the character herself seem very entertaining. Im hoping the Toneri kid is the third team-mate, but I wouldnt be shocked if it ended up being lee's kid :/

Red and Blue
24th April 2015, 7:00 PM
Choji = best dad.

I really enjoyed the chapter, split on the possible twists on Sarada's mother, but at least the character herself seem very entertaining. Im hoping the Toneri kid is the third team-mate, but I wouldnt be shocked if it ended up being lee's kid :/

Wait the kid is Toneri's son? Well he does kind of look like him. I hope he is the third teammate as well

LightningMaster95
24th April 2015, 8:01 PM
Seriously? He hasn't been in his daughter's life since she was born. Not to mention possibly being a cheater. Until the next chapter comes out and we get an explaination, he is a deadbeat to me.

there are still worse fathers...like ging from hunter x hunter who told his son pretty much not to look for him or ash's to leave to accomplish his own goals xD....his goal is to resurrect the his clan and will need more than 1 woman so him sleeping around in a way is justified as hes trying to spread out his seed throughout the ninja world

Red and Blue
24th April 2015, 8:22 PM
there are still worse fathers...like ging from hunter x hunter who told his son pretty much not to look for him or ash's to leave to accomplish his own goals xD....his goal is to resurrect the his clan and will need more than 1 woman so him sleeping around in a way is justified as hes trying to spread out his seed throughout the ninja world

Are you being serious about Sasuke being a cheater??? Because justifying it as wanting to revive his clan is a terrible excuse. There being worse dads than Sasuke still doesn't mean his isn't to blame for his absence from Sarada's life

Lorde
24th April 2015, 8:26 PM
his goal is to resurrect the his clan and will need more than 1 woman so him sleeping around in a way is justified as hes trying to spread out his seed throughout the ninja world

Eww. Nothing even implies that that's what he's been doing; he's always been anti-social, so he's probably been gone to avoid the society that dislikes him.

Red and Blue
24th April 2015, 8:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tcZAxgc.png

for anyone who still cares, kakashi was finally unmasked

Pokegirl Fan~
24th April 2015, 8:39 PM

He looks so awkward without it imo. Its kind of funny.

Lorde
24th April 2015, 8:42 PM

So he's completely unremarkable. That's basically how I've always envisioned him.

Mr. Reloaded
24th April 2015, 8:44 PM
He's got a normal face! Thank the gods.

Platinum fan.
24th April 2015, 9:01 PM

Oh wow, his face is normal. I think I was more interested in seeing Shino's eyes or even old as dirt Tsunade over this. Kakashi is still the coolest character in this series...but this is underwhelming.

Void Ventus
24th April 2015, 9:21 PM
He has a mole though, so that's cool. Still wish he and Anko or Shizune hooked up though and had a child.

Red and Blue
24th April 2015, 9:30 PM
He has a mole though, so that's cool. Still wish he and Anko or Shizune hooked up though and had a child.

Why? Romance was never part of his character. Him not marrying isnt really surprising

Platinum fan.
24th April 2015, 9:30 PM

Kakashi never said two words to either of them. Why would they hook up? Then again, there's Choji and Karui...nevermind. Would Tsunade even allow Shizune to give birth to another? But Kakashi with Shizune would have been a interesting duo to say anything.

phanpycross
24th April 2015, 9:45 PM
Wait the kid is Toneri's son? Well he does kind of look like him. I hope he is the third teammate as well

Well, the Toneri thing was an assumption, but it sure does look like him. the only person I can remember who looks like him is... Tobirama, and wouldnt that be a twist?

Lorde
24th April 2015, 9:51 PM
Why? Romance was never part of his character. Him not marrying isnt really surprising

It's still kind of sad though in my opinion. I think he deserved a family at the very least since he's been alone ever since his dad committed suicide.

lolipiece
24th April 2015, 10:10 PM
Oh wow, his face is normal. I think I was more interested in seeing Shino's eyes or even old as dirt Tsunade over this. Kakashi is still the coolest character in this series...but this is underwhelming.

We've seen Shino's eyes before.

Blue Saturday
24th April 2015, 10:22 PM
Well at least I can get behind Sarada now, she's somewhat interesting even though this is probably a red-herring and she is Sakura's.

Platinum fan.
24th April 2015, 11:04 PM
We've seen Shino's eyes before.

In what chapter? I don't ever recall seeing Shino's eyes or him taking those glasses off.

Lorde
24th April 2015, 11:09 PM
In what chapter? I don't ever recall seeing Shino's eyes or him taking those glasses off.

http://www.absoluteanime.com/naruto/shino-eyes.png

Platinum fan.
24th April 2015, 11:13 PM

Let me guess, that was a filler in the anime. You know those things half the fanbase don't watch. I'm not saying it's not canon or anything but I'm still waiting to see Shino take off those shades.

Pokegirl Fan~
24th April 2015, 11:22 PM

Hm its showing me a broken image for some reason. I wanted to see what his eyes looked like too lol.

Lorde
24th April 2015, 11:24 PM
Let me guess, that was a filler in the anime.

Yes, but at least we saw his eye.

Platinum fan.
24th April 2015, 11:30 PM
Yes, but at least we saw his eye.

Yet more underwhelming Naruto stuff. As if everyone is going to watch those fillers. Especially the dreadful transaction over to Shippuden/Part 2. Did the anime ever show true aged Tsunade?

Mr. Reloaded
24th April 2015, 11:44 PM
Yet more underwhelming Naruto stuff. As if everyone is going to watch those fillers. Especially the dreadful transaction over to Shippuden/Part 2. Did the anime ever show true aged Tsunade?

No it didn't.

nuzamaki90
25th April 2015, 1:48 AM
I think Kakashi looks pretty hot in all honesty. I always found moles can make a person and it works for Kakashi. He was probably hiding the mole because he was embarrassed about it or maybe he just didn't want 1000x girls chasing after him every second of the day.

Shneak
25th April 2015, 3:13 AM

I expected this from the beginning of time but it's still underwhelming to be strung along for the reveal. :/

Void Ventus
25th April 2015, 5:26 AM
Btw, is that a leak from next week's chapter? Seems to be a flashback scene since he doesn't have the lines under his eyes yet, and is guarding someone. Looking at him makes me sad that from his generation, the only ones we know who got married and had children were Asuma and Kurenai. I still think think the reason "couples" like Sai/Ino and Choji/Karui hooked up and had children so quickly was because of the baby boomers effect that happens during war time. I do wish some of Kakashi's generation did have kids, just that they haven't been introduced yet, but that's just being too optimistic.

Lorde
25th April 2015, 5:32 AM
Btw, is that a leak from next week's chapter?

No, it's from a promotional manga thing given at the Naruto art exhibition in Tokyo.

Weeaboo Name
25th April 2015, 8:08 AM

Kid will be Kakashi's son.

As for the Salad's mum thing, it'll be Sakura. Just Kishi throwing in a red hairing for some dorama. Reminds me of Kushina's ''find a grill like me'' line.

People saying Nardo is a bad dad, I don't get it. Bort was acting up a little in 700 but we can presume that was simply because he was adjusting from having his dad all to himself one minute and then less the next. Kids act up at that age. Sauce was always going to be a terrible father but I'm sure we'll get some bs greater good excuse from Uchiha sympathizer Kishimoto.

Red and Blue
25th April 2015, 3:02 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/3bc66c7894d802089213ac1218a84f7d/tumblr_nncn59yVxi1rh5eero1_500.jpg

Here is a full image of the kid Bolt was talking too and will most certainly be the third teammate. His name is Mitsuki and I'm interested in learning more about him

Weeaboo Name
25th April 2015, 3:32 PM
His name is Mitsuki and I'm interested in learning more about him

Ice bloodline limit, like Haku.

So their team is rather overpowered. Uzamaki/Hyuga Uchiha Kakash/yuki clan most probably with a Sarutobi team leader.

Red and Blue
25th April 2015, 3:35 PM
His bio translated says there is a mystery surrounding him. I think the mystery refers to his parentage. I think there is a decent chance his father could truly be Tonrei's

Captain America X
25th April 2015, 3:50 PM
Ice bloodline limit, like Haku.

So their team is rather overpowered. Uzamaki/Hyuga Uchiha Kakash/yuki clan most probably with a Sarutobi team leader.

Ice Bloodline?That's stated there?

Weeaboo Name
25th April 2015, 4:08 PM
Ice Bloodline?That's stated there?

Kakashi novel, he falls for a yuki clan woman.

Captain America X
25th April 2015, 4:40 PM
Kakashi novel, he falls for a yuki clan woman.

Oh,still haven't read that.If that kid is really him than he is definitely going to be quite strong.

Void Ventus
25th April 2015, 6:18 PM
So Kakashi does have a son? Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Mr. Reloaded
25th April 2015, 6:24 PM
That kid's got one of the best dads in the series, he's gonna go places that he is.

Red and Blue
25th April 2015, 7:34 PM
Did the translations mention any ice release? Cause if not, I can't confirm him as Kakashi's son just yet

Weeaboo Name
25th April 2015, 7:47 PM
Mitsuki Hatake huh? Why did Kakshi and this women wait so long to have a kid?

Met her a year after the war so presuming my guess is correct and it is theirs they didn't actually wait that long.

If you want her backstory but don't feel like reading the novel;

-She was from originally from the Mist village
-She had a husband and a child back there
-Her husband went through the same thing as Zabuza [having to murder friends]
-They escape the Mist
-Instead of turning aggression out on the world like Zabuza he hates himself
-He starts drinking
-One night he is drunk, falls in the sea and drowns

-she rebuilds her life with her son
-doing some crappy jobs but they are happy
-one day her son is playing with a friend in the forest
-they are throwing rocks at a hornet's nest for some reason
-hornets attack
-friend is getting attacked
-son suddenly manifest ice element power
-saves friend but hornets are now attacking him
-friend runs off
-tells people about the ice powers [remember everybody hated Haku for the same reason]
-Kahyo runs off into the forest where she finds her son
-he dies in her arms

She eventually forms the organization which act as the antagonists of the Kakashi novel.

Red and Blue
25th April 2015, 7:52 PM
Okay, but I edited my question since the article, as far as I know, didn't mention any ice release. I wouldn't consider him as Kakashi's son just yet

Weeaboo Name
25th April 2015, 8:19 PM
Well it certainly hasn't been confirmed. Makes a lot more sense than Toneri though. Just think, he looks like an ice user to me and I think his clothing is pretty similar to what Haku wore.

So yeah, Kakashi's or some random kid unrelated to current characters.

Lorde
25th April 2015, 9:40 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/3bc66c7894d802089213ac1218a84f7d/tumblr_nncn59yVxi1rh5eero1_500.jpg

Here is a full image of the kid Bolt was talking too and will most certainly be the third teammate. His name is Mitsuki and I'm interested in learning more about him

I didn't like his design much in the new chapter, and I still don't like him now. He looks like Gen'yumaru imo.

Red and Blue
26th April 2015, 5:05 AM
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Mitsuki

okay upon close up the kid has yellow eyes. Was there any mention of the woman from Kakashi's novel having yellow eyes?

DiaRubyTandem
26th April 2015, 6:02 AM
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Mitsuki

okay upon close up the kid has yellow eyes. Was there any mention of the woman from Kakashi's novel having yellow eyes?

I dont think so.

Weeaboo Name
26th April 2015, 6:16 AM
It speaks about her eyes and hair on multiple occasions but never actually mentions colours. I'm going assume they weren't yellow though.

When I initially saw him I thought Orochimaru but shook it off as too silly, looking about it now I'm not sure. Resembles the guy he bodyjacked in part 1 [although because of SCIENCE he's mostly Hashirama cells now - how would that work], has his eyes and being marketed as mysterious is a bit foreboding.

Would actually be pretty weird if Kishi made a Kakashi kid anything but White Fang 3.0. Well, I guess we'll see.

Red and Blue
26th April 2015, 5:27 PM
I think Mitsuki really is Tonrei's son rather than Kakashi's. His name translates to "moon" and we know Tonrei and his clan are from the moon. Plus his clothing from his art(especially the long sleeves) is similar to the cloths the Otsutsuki clan wore. And it makes sense why he would be friends with Bolt. The hyugas are descended from the Otsutsuki clan after all.

My only question is if he's from the moon or if Tonrei returned to earth at some point?

nuzamaki90
26th April 2015, 7:33 PM
I think Mitsuki really is Tonrei's son rather than Kakashi's. His name translates to "moon" and we know Tonrei and his clan are from the moon. Plus his clothing from his art(especially the long sleeves) is similar to the cloths the Otsutsuki clan wore. And it makes sense why he would be friends with Bolt. The hyugas are descended from the Otsutsuki clan after all.

My only question is if he's from the moon or if Tonrei returned to earth at some point?

No. The real question we all should be asking is who is the mother.

Weeaboo Name
26th April 2015, 7:38 PM
Orochimaru makes him in a lab out of his own dna and some loose Kaguya chakra.

You've heard it here first.

Red and Blue
26th April 2015, 7:41 PM
No. The real question we all should be asking is who is the mother.

I don't know. A women Tonrei met at some point? I don't think the identity of his mother is all that important

Mr. Reloaded
26th April 2015, 8:15 PM
I honestly can't tell which is worse. People who are defending Sasuke or the way Sakura's being treated.

Weeaboo Name
26th April 2015, 8:58 PM
the way Sakura's being treated.

She won the Sasukebowl, literally the only thing her character ever desired.

Lorde
26th April 2015, 9:04 PM
Who is "Tonrei"?

I honestly can't tell which is worse. People who are defending Sasuke or the way Sakura's being treated.

Tbh, she brings it upon herself for loving him despite how horrible he is. She's addicted to what's bad for her.

Red and Blue
26th April 2015, 9:08 PM
Who is "Tonrei"?

Tbh, she brings it upon herself for loving him despite how horrible he is. She's addicted to what's bad for her.

The big bad of "Naruto the Last"

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Toneri_%C5%8Ctsutsuki

lolipiece
26th April 2015, 9:11 PM
She won the Sasukebowl, literally the only thing her character ever desired.

Winning that barely counts as a consolation prize.

Weeaboo Name
26th April 2015, 9:43 PM
Doubt that she really cares. Probably deluded herself into believing she's happy anyway.

Void Ventus
26th April 2015, 10:01 PM
Sakura didn't even get Sasuke's ChiDori, so she got nothing from marrying him. She even still had to pay off a loan for their house, while Naruto most likely got his bi+chin' crib for free by marrying into the Hyuuga family.

LightningMaster95
26th April 2015, 10:11 PM
yea out of team 7 naruto got the best out of the whole group than kakashi maybe sasuke finally sakura

http://lazyspro.tumblr.com/post/117329817052/
it seems like naruto became taller than sasuke

Weeaboo Name
26th April 2015, 10:29 PM
Sakura didn't even get Sasuke's ChiDori,

Don't be silly, of course she did. Sauce is pretty much asexual though so it was probably just the once for the sake of passing on genetics.

yea out of team 7 naruto got the best out of the whole group than kakashi maybe sasuke finally sakura

He wasn't that much taller than Hinata during The Last, where he was 19. I guess the Kyuubi was holding him back for bantz during the early days. If that pic is to scale then it would also appear that Himawari has gotten his giant genes, she's almost as tall as Salad who is a good few years older than her. Hinata's boobs are bigger than Bort's head, nice.

Naruto certainly won. Fulfilled his dream, has a warm loving family and it's safe to say that he could destroy quite a few houses without having to get a loan. Hyuuga best clan.

Nodame
26th April 2015, 11:14 PM

Just because someone else is worse doesn't mean that the issues don't exist anymore. That is such a fallacy, to justify someone actions just because somebody else did something worse.

Void Ventus
27th April 2015, 2:18 AM
Isn't Ch700 Naruto about 6' based on the height image all the way back in October/November? Dude's a freaking giant compared to Hinata. Sakura wishes her boobs were even at least half the size of Hinata's. Were Tsunade's boobs natural, or was it from Breast Expansion Jutsu? Bolt looking smug as heck. Hope Hinata 8 Trigrams 64 Spanks his butt. And why the heck is Adultsuke still so grumpy?

Weeaboo Name
27th April 2015, 2:35 AM
Bort's smugness is the one attribute he's taken from the Hyuuga. http://i.imgur.com/5atlwk8.jpg

Tsunade's boobs weren't very boog in the flashbacks so it's safe to say that is ninja magic. Probably the equivalent of Lee's weighted clothes.

Void Ventus
27th April 2015, 3:03 AM
Hiashi's a Master Eugenist, so it's justified. Neji was also smug, until Naruto beat him.

Jb
27th April 2015, 4:07 AM
so did sauce ever get his hand back or what

Weeaboo Name
27th April 2015, 4:24 AM
We've only seen one shot of him since coming back and you can't really see. He was obviously back in Konoha for a while between finding himself and whatever he's doing now, so probably.

Shneak
27th April 2015, 4:25 AM
Kishi needs to chill with the Otsutsuki clan. It doesn't even make sense how that third kid could be there if Toneri lives on the moon.

Lorde
27th April 2015, 4:29 AM
so did sauce ever get his hand back or what

Since Naruto did, I'm assuming Sasuke did as well at some point.

Weeaboo Name
27th April 2015, 4:32 AM
Since Naruto did, I'm assuming Sasuke did as well at some point.

Naruto got his back the best part of a year after the war. Sasuke was away at that time. edit - I misread your post.

Red and Blue
27th April 2015, 5:01 AM
Kishi needs to chill with the Otsutsuki clan. It doesn't even make sense how that third kid could be there if Toneri lives on the moon.

Who knows? He could have sent him to earth at some point. It makes sense since he would have had a happier life in the leaf village then on the moon.

Weeaboo Name
27th April 2015, 5:21 AM
The way the film ended makes it quite unlikely that he would just change his mind a few weeks later. Not to mention the fact the dimension which acts as a link to the moon disintegrated during the film.

He will not be the dad of a character in this series.

If he does have those genetic I'm willing to bet it will be Oro's doing.

Red and Blue
27th April 2015, 5:41 AM
Whether or not he is Tonrei's son, I think he is connected Otsutsuki clan for reasons I mentioned earlier. His movie bio mentioned the mystery surrounding him, so we most likely won't know the full details of his past until the movie

Platinum fan.
27th April 2015, 11:34 PM
I'm assuming this Tonrei character is from the anime or movie or something, because I've never heard of Tonrei. Well whatever to that, but did I hear correctly that Kakashi hooked up with a ice clan ninja or something? I didn't know Kakashi got married. He doesn't seem like the type to settle down. Not complaining, just overall surprised.

Lorde
27th April 2015, 11:37 PM
I'm assuming this Tonrei character is from the anime or movie or something, because I've never heard of Tonrei.

Toneri was the antagonist of the last Naruto movie apparently.

Platinum fan.
27th April 2015, 11:44 PM
Toneri was the antagonist of the last Naruto movie apparently.

Then he can stay in the movie. I have no desire to see this Tonrei...well that's not fair. I don't know anything about him. But if he's as powerful as Naruto then I call BS.

Weeaboo Name
27th April 2015, 11:49 PM
Then he can stay in the movie. I have no desire to see this Tonrei...well that's not fair. I don't know anything about him. But if he's as powerful as Naruto then I call BS.

Due to eyehax [mutated byakugan] he was overpowered but Nardo beat him pretty easily. With a punch. His only real purpose in the film was to make make Naruto jealous. Seeing Naruto's yandere tenancies over somebody that isn't Sasuke was strange.

I think the studio would have rather done a straight up romance film/

Red and Blue
28th April 2015, 12:24 AM
I'm assuming this Tonrei character is from the anime or movie or something, because I've never heard of Tonrei. Well whatever to that, but did I hear correctly that Kakashi hooked up with a ice clan ninja or something? I didn't know Kakashi got married. He doesn't seem like the type to settle down. Not complaining, just overall surprised.
We still don't know the identity of Mitsuki's parents. It probably isn't Kakashi since there was no mention of the woman from Kakashi's novel having yellow eyes. The only clue we have to his identity is that his name means "full moon", and we know that Tonrei and members of his clan are from the moon.

My guess is Tonrei returned to earth and started a family or his parents are fellow members of the otsutsuki clan

Weeaboo Name
28th April 2015, 1:20 AM
My guess is Tonrei returned to earth and started a family or his parents are fellow members of the otsutsuki clan

It sounds terrible but it would cause more butthurt with the ''THE MOVIE ISN'T CANON'' crowd that I'm all for it. Toneri was just an autistic throwaway villain, unless the Bort movie is about the rest of his clan somehow I can't see them shoehorning him in.

Akashin
28th April 2015, 1:25 AM
It sounds terrible but it would cause more butthurt with the ''THE MOVIE ISN'T CANON'' crowd that I'm all for it. Toneri was just an autistic throwaway villain, unless the Bort movie is about the rest of his clan somehow I can't see them shoehorning him in.

...Are there actually people who argue that the movie isn't canon? Putting aside the fact that it was stated to be so from the beginning, why? I'd assume we're talking about shippers here, but the movie being canon or not doesn't change the way pairings ended up (merely explained how, in NaruHina's case) so...

Weeaboo Name
28th April 2015, 1:31 AM
They certainly do exist and yeah, it is mostly mad shippers that think Studio Pierrot forced Kishimoto into changing his final pairings. A pretty strange view when when you consider the fact that Sakura and Sasuke weren't even created by Kishi.

Honestly when it comes to the film the film there are a few things I don't like. Japanese PTA and Kishi prudishness ruin everything.

Lorde
28th April 2015, 1:40 AM
...Are there actually people who argue that the movie isn't canon? Putting aside the fact that it was stated to be so from the beginning, why? I'd assume we're talking about shippers here, but the movie being canon or not doesn't change the way pairings ended up (merely explained how, in NaruHina's case) so...

I consider it canon, but I like to pretend that it doesn't exist. I simply didn't care for the emphasis on shipping even though I like NaruHina for the most part.

Weeaboo Name
28th April 2015, 1:54 AM
I liked the romance focus but it would have been better if the film was more grounded. That being said I really liked the cheesy genjutsu lake scene.

If the film didn't exist I would have imagined Naruto and Hinata would have hooked up sooner rather than later and in a far more natural fashion.

Pokegirl Fan~
28th April 2015, 1:57 AM
There was too much shipping in the Last Movie imo. I did like a few scenes, but I would have preferred a better plot for the movie tbh.

Akashin
28th April 2015, 1:59 AM
They certainly do exist and yeah, it is mostly mad shippers that think Studio Pierrot forced Kishimoto into changing his final pairings. A pretty strange view when when you consider the fact that Sakura and Sasuke weren't even created by Kishi.

I knew plenty of people thought (hoped?) that Kishimoto was forced to change the ending; I don't think I've heard about people blaming Pierrot for it, though. That's an interesting way to rationalize it, I suppose.

I consider it canon, but I like to pretend that it doesn't exist. I simply didn't care for the emphasis on shipping even though I like NaruHina for the most part.

I don't mind the idea of them focusing on the shipping a bit in and of itself, but I'm much too apathetic toward Hinata (and most Naruto females for that matter) in general to care about watching a movie catering toward NaruHina.

Weeaboo Name
28th April 2015, 2:57 AM
Yes, people were straight up blaming them. The money hungry SP changing Kishi's masterpiece for profit.

Hardcore NS shippers are pretty scary people, I honestly think they read a different manga to me. http://imgur.com/a/XKwJ4#0

Akashin
28th April 2015, 3:16 AM
Yes, people were straight up blaming them. The money hungry SP changing Kishi's masterpiece for profit.

Hardcore NS shippers are pretty scary people, I honestly think they read a different manga to me. http://imgur.com/a/XKwJ4#0

Let me tell you, that was a tense few seconds there, when all I could see was the title of the gallery before the pictures loaded.

I've seen most of those at some point or another. A couple of those people had some semblance of an argument at the time, but for the most part the fallout when Bolt and Himawari leaked was pretty sad to watch. I maintain though that the holier than thou NaruHina fans were every bit as irritating depending upon where you looked.

For the most part I had absolutely no opinion on the issue. Shipping throughout Naruto went entirely over my head.

Lorde
28th April 2015, 3:20 AM

I couldn't even get past five of those NS post screen-shots before I started cackling.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/7d6a4f8d4f5b4d1b7bd23d5742d3d6cc/tumblr_mqrucxDqyf1r086i8o1_500.gif

Mr. Reloaded
28th April 2015, 3:31 AM

The title alone is incredible lol.

So glad I never got involved with shipping.

Weeaboo Name
28th April 2015, 3:59 AM
Shipping certainly seems pretty stressful.

I guess NS shipping is slightly more understandable for people that only watch the anime [and can't spot obvious filler]. There are certainly a few scenes where they play Sakura as an archetype tsundere, that appears to be how they view her character.

Although I guess that doesn't really take into account the Hinata filler which is far more frequent and shippery, especially in part 1. This was good from Shippuden as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwtMkn2XKdY 2subtle4me

There are some straight up mentals though, like the ones that claim that Road to Ninja was an NS film. It felt more like an attack upon Sakura's character to me.

Platinum fan.
28th April 2015, 4:22 AM

Wow! Just wow! I'm trying to think of something to make fun of that, but I can't. I'm speechless by all those shipper responses. Just wow!

Emperor Empoleon
28th April 2015, 5:50 PM
Just read the chapter...

Didn't think Sakura get get any worse, but Kishi did it.

The "family" photo was both lolworthy and depressing at the same time.

I feel bad for the kid (Sarada) :/

Red and Blue
28th April 2015, 6:20 PM
You guys think Karin herself will appear in Gaiden at some point? Whether it be in the flesh or in flashbacks?

Pokegirl Fan~
28th April 2015, 6:25 PM
I feel worse for Sakura than Sarada tbh. I don't know why but the way she's been handled lately makes it seem like her character was just given up on or something imo. This whole thing with Karin possibly being Sarada's mom makes it worse imo. Not that I really care about the shipping part of it, but it really seems like Kishi doesn't care much for Sakura's character at all :/

Mr. Reloaded
28th April 2015, 6:42 PM
Didn't Kishi apologize for how he treated Sakura's character after the series ended?

Either I'm misquoting something or he lied.

BJack
28th April 2015, 6:55 PM
Didn't Kishi apologize for how he treated Sakura's character after the series ended?

He said he wanted todo make Sakura happy, I asume he is talking about the gaiden

Platinum fan.
28th April 2015, 7:19 PM
I feel worse for Sakura than Sarada tbh. I don't know why but the way she's been handled lately makes it seem like her character was just given up on or something imo. This whole thing with Karin possibly being Sarada's mom makes it worse imo. Not that I really care about the shipping part of it, but it really seems like Kishi doesn't care much for Sakura's character at all :/

I don't feel bad for Sakura. I feel bad for Sarada for being dadless and confused about her origin. Sakura choose to be with Sasuke and to love him after everything he has done to her. I have no sympathy for her character. The only victim in this is Sarada for not having her dad around at all and having so many questions and now the Karin thing has her confused.

Akashin
28th April 2015, 7:28 PM
You guys think Karin herself will appear in Gaiden at some point? Whether it be in the flesh or in flashbacks?

Unless she's still with Sasuke and we just haven't seen her (we've barely seen Sasuke anyway), I wouldn't count too much on seeing her in person. Maybe in flashback, though.

I don't feel bad for Sakura. I feel bad for Sarada for being dadless and confused about her origin. Sakura choose to be with Sasuke and to love him after everything he has done to her. I have no sympathy for her character. The only victim in this is Sarada for not having her dad around at all and having so many questions and now the Karin thing has her confused.

I most certainly don't feel sorry for Sakura as a character (as you said, she made her bed), but I definitely feel sorry for how she ended up being treated. Didn't Kishimoto at one point express an interest in elevating Sakura to a main female protagonist role (around the time of the Kage Summit, if I recall)?

Either way, whether or not Kishimoto actually did 'give up' on her or whatever, he definitely didn't do anything good with her.

Weeaboo Name
28th April 2015, 7:29 PM

Doubt it.

I think he said that he enjoyed writing her. Although that was before a bunch of her fans threatened his assistant's life after the ending. When it comes to Kishi interviews you really have to hope the translator isn't a mental shipper, there have been various cases of misinformation in the last few months. ''Kishi confirms that Bolt is the bolt that holds Naruto and Hinata's marriage together''.

Honestly the Karin thing is just for some cheap drama, I can't believe people are falling for it.

Platinum fan.
28th April 2015, 7:41 PM
Unless she's still with Sasuke and we just haven't seen her (we've barely seen Sasuke anyway), I wouldn't count too much on seeing her in person. Maybe in flashback, though.

I most certainly don't feel sorry for Sakura as a character (as you said, she made her bed), but I definitely feel sorry for how she ended up being treated. Didn't Kishimoto at one point express an interest in elevating Sakura to a main female protagonist role (around the time of the Kage Summit, if I recall)?

Either way, whether or not Kishimoto actually did 'give up' on her or whatever, he definitely didn't do anything good with her.

I thought he expressed how maybe he should have made Hinata the lead female. Hinata gained popularity for who knows what reason. Apparently the quiet shy girl is really popular. I believe in one of his interviews he even tried to make Sakura very beautiful for one of the covers. Was it volume 66 or 65? I only have up to volume 63 so I don't remember. I always assumed Sakura was just less popular here, but apparently even in japan she wasn't a big fan favorite. She always got low scores on the popularity votes while Hinata got higher. Again, I don't know why. Hinata's a fine character, but other then her reasoning for liking Naruto over Sakura liking Sasuke, I never considered her that much better then Sakura. But whatever, I think most agree that Sakura really got dealt a bad hand in the development department. Shame because she had so much potential for a storyline.

Void Ventus
28th April 2015, 8:04 PM
I thought he expressed how maybe he should have made Hinata the lead female. Hinata gained popularity for who knows what reason. Apparently the quiet shy girl is really popular.
Don't forget to add boobs. Quiet and shy personality + big boobs = success.

Why the heck was Sasuke's picture just a folded Team Taka picture? Couldn't Sasuke have gotten an updated picture before leaving on his atonement, or any time at all after leaving? Weaboo is right, that's just adding cheap drama where there shouldn't be one.

Akashin
28th April 2015, 8:09 PM
I thought he expressed how maybe he should have made Hinata the lead female. Hinata gained popularity for who knows what reason. Apparently the quiet shy girl is really popular. I believe in one of his interviews he even tried to make Sakura very beautiful for one of the covers. Was it volume 66 or 65? I only have up to volume 63 so I don't remember. I always assumed Sakura was just less popular here, but apparently even in japan she wasn't a big fan favorite. She always got low scores on the popularity votes while Hinata got higher. Again, I don't know why. Hinata's a fine character, but other then her reasoning for liking Naruto over Sakura liking Sasuke, I never considered her that much better then Sakura. But whatever, I think most agree that Sakura really got dealt a bad hand in the development department. Shame because she had so much potential for a storyline.

I'm pretty sure you're right about Hinata, but I definitely remember there being an interview where he said that this year ('this year' being the year the interview was done, obviously) he intended for Sakura to take a more important role in the story.

My issue with Hinata is largely because that quiet shy character archetype simply doesn't do anything for me, and I wasn't really given any other reason to care about her as a character. It's not hard to see why she was the more popular of the two, though (I'm also pretty sure he admitted that Sakura's character was originally conceived in a particularly bad attempt to appeal to female fans, or something to that effect).

Don't forget to add boobs. Quiet and shy personality + big boobs = success.

Why the heck was Sasuke's picture just a folded Team Taka picture? Couldn't Sasuke have gotten an updated picture before leaving on his atonement, or any time at all after leaving? Weaboo is right, that's just adding cheap drama where there shouldn't be one.

Can't argue with this logic, either.

As for Sasuke, it depends. We don't even know if he's been in the village since Sarada's birth. For all we know he impregnated Sakura and got out of Dodge before his kid was born. There's no reason that at least he and Sakura shouldn't have a picture together though.

Nodame
28th April 2015, 8:25 PM

True, After 693, even I can't defend Sakura. I will always love pretty 693 Sakura. The Sakura that defeated Sasori. The Sakura that saved lives. The Sakura that saved Naruto by CPR. The mature Sakura that should have gotten over Sasuke. That's the Sakura I know and love. Thank you Kishi for ruining my fav character.

Lorde
28th April 2015, 8:41 PM

I think character popularity won in the end, although I also don't quite get why Hinata got so popular when she hardly did anything.

Weeaboo Name
28th April 2015, 8:49 PM
I thought he expressed how maybe he should have made Hinata the lead female. Hinata gained popularity for who knows what reason. Apparently the quiet shy girl is really popular. I believe in one of his interviews he even tried to make Sakura very beautiful for one of the covers. Was it volume 66 or 65? I only have up to volume 63 so I don't remember. I always assumed Sakura was just less popular here, but apparently even in japan she wasn't a big fan favorite. She always got low scores on the popularity votes while Hinata got higher. Again, I don't know why. Hinata's a fine character, but other then her reasoning for liking Naruto over Sakura liking Sasuke, I never considered her that much better then Sakura

I've never read that he wanted to make her a main character, but she was one of the characters originally planned for the series and his own creation. She was supposed to be a part time ramen chef.

Popularity polls have never stated that she's much more popular, there are a few of them where Sakura picks up more votes and they are rarely far apart. http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Naruto_Character_Popularity_Polls In terms of western fanbase I've always thought it was pretty split. Although I do seem to see a lot of people like and hate characters for the reason - Hating Hinata because she's a doormat with big boobs and liking Sakura because she's a strong independent kunoichi [I guess people think that because she punches people a lot].

I'd imagine that Hinata's popularity is more down to her striving to improve herself and developing in a positive way. Although I'm sure her giant boobs won her votes with some, kind of like how Tenten's design in general wins her male votes. I do find if funny when people break down Hinata's character to SHY and BIG BOOBS though, I mean she's worn powerlevel hiding hoodies for most of the series.

Sakura'a development seemed to be going in th right direction towards the end of part 1 and beginning of part 2 but then MUH SAUCE ruined it. I lost hope of Kishi taking her in a positive direction at the fake confession and I was right, she only got worse. http://i.imgur.com/QcoatZ2.jpg She should have been the onee-san type character to Naruto during part 2, kind of like how she is in the film. I like Sakura when Sasuke isn't involved so I guess I might enjoy her novel.

I think character popularity won in the end, although I also don't quite get why Hinata got so popular when she hardly did anything.

lol

Izanagi
28th April 2015, 9:00 PM
As I had guessed, Karin's possibly being Sarada's mother was just a red-herring. Put in there was the sake of drama and possibly to stir up the shippers. The former worked because people are stupid.

I don't get either but whatever. I know people love to hate Sakura but she did more to contribute to the story than Hinata ever did.

Akashin
28th April 2015, 9:10 PM
As I had guessed, Karin's possibly being Sarada's mother was just a red-herring. Put in there was the sake of drama and possibly to stir up the shippers. The former worked because people are stupid.

Much as this is most likely the case, has something new come along that confirms it? I thought this was still just something we were treating as probably being the case.