PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116

Lorde
22nd August 2015, 7:47 AM
He even said himself that he was terrible at writing romance.

Really? Because since he ended up putting Naruto and Hinata together, I thought he was a natural at picking good couples.

Red and Blue
22nd August 2015, 8:14 PM
He even said himself that he was terrible at writing romance. That's why it seemed so out of left field in Naruto.

Well that makes sense. I really don't want to see another relationship like SS in his new series

uber gon
23rd August 2015, 5:34 AM
Eh, I meant it more for the Konoha clans. We don't know all that much about the Terumis.

I still say some "Danzo" would think clans interbreeding would be dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if Boruto and Hiwa have people considering to murder them since they probably both have Kurama's chakra or something.

Lorde
23rd August 2015, 6:40 AM
I still say some "Danzo" would think clans interbreeding would be dangerous.

He didn't have enough power to stop it from happening though. I'm not sure why he'd fear it anyway given that Konoha could've used the power of Kekkei Genkai to keep other villages at bay.

Red and Blue
25th August 2015, 2:18 AM
http://www.vinereport.com/article/boruto.naruto.the.movie.u.s.release.hit.anime.movi e.to.open.in.us.theaters.on.october.10/2483.htm

So the Boruto movie is doing great in Japan. Might even out preform "The Last"

Mr. Reloaded
27th August 2015, 9:49 PM
Well anime only viewers, I think now is as good of a time as ever to convert over to mangaism. The fillers have returned and they're probably not going away for a good while.

Freaking wish they would stop this.

Red and Blue
27th August 2015, 10:24 PM
Not sure why they're still doing fillers. The main manga ended back in November.

Jb
27th August 2015, 11:56 PM
Is there a list of redeemed characters?

Void Ventus
29th August 2015, 2:14 AM
Not sure why they're still doing fillers. The main manga ended back in November.

Naruto is still popular. Why end everything now when you can still milk and cash in? Even if Kishimoto is really done with Naruto, he can just let SP continue with a non-canonical Naruto GT.

Red and Blue
29th August 2015, 2:18 AM
Naruto is still popular. Why end everything now when you can still milk and cash in? Even if Kishimoto is really done with Naruto, he can just let SP continue with a non-canonical Naruto GT.

Then just wrap up the main anime and get started on the anime sequel

Lorde
29th August 2015, 2:27 AM

I'd rather see the anime finish first and get filler material later then. It feels like the last filler arc just ended and now we're back to even more fillers. Sigh.

Platinum fan.
29th August 2015, 3:39 AM
The Naruto anime is still doing fillers? Fillers of what? I don't watch but isn't Madara still around? How can you do fillers when the most uber powerful thing to ever walk the Naruto universe and the president of the Super Freak Club is running around? Obviously it's to keep the Naruto anime around and milk it dry until they can't milk it anymore but what fillers can be done right now?

Rowdy
29th August 2015, 4:11 AM
For me, I don't mind fillers so long as they're done at the right time. In this case, they should stick with cannon till 699 is animated then do a filler arc that covers the 2 year gap that leads into The Last. Then do a follow up filler that incorporates the novels into anime form, leading into the NaruHina wedding and beyond.

The way they're going about things now can make one think and feel the anime team is trying to do to Naruto what was done to the Bleach anime.

Red and Blue
29th August 2015, 7:23 AM
So, does Naruto or Konohamaru know that Bolt and Sarada's teammate isthe son of Orochimaru?

Lorde
29th August 2015, 7:27 AM
The way they're going about things now can make one think and feel the anime team is trying to do to Naruto what was done to the Bleach anime.

I find Naruto fillers to be better than Bleach fillers. I understood why the latter had so many of them, but right now Naruto doesn't need them though I guess the network wants to keep the cash flow going.

Jb
29th August 2015, 9:16 AM
They should take all that man power they use to make the fillers in put it towards making fights like Obito vs Kakashi.

Void Ventus
30th August 2015, 8:17 AM
They should take all that man power they use to make the fillers in put it towards making fights like Obito vs Kakashi.
Screw big budget fight scenes for the upcoming Kaguya and NvS fights. I say Studio Pierrot should spend all their remaining money on hiring dudes who work in those Japanese establishments where old women pay young handsome men to hang out with them and be their boy toys, and just use them as Naruto's male harem against Kaguya. Gotta cater to that female demographic.

Shneak
31st August 2015, 2:24 AM
Is there a list of redeemed characters?

lol. Literally everyone but Kaguya and Zetsu. Even Madara was spared.

Lorde
31st August 2015, 2:25 AM
lol. Literally everyone but Kaguya and Zetsu.

Hidan wasn't redeemed in the manga, so him too.

Mr. Reloaded
31st August 2015, 3:05 AM
The Naruto anime is still doing fillers? Fillers of what? I don't watch but isn't Madara still around? How can you do fillers when the most uber powerful thing to ever walk the Naruto universe and the president of the Super Freak Club is running around? Obviously it's to keep the Naruto anime around and milk it dry until they can't milk it anymore but what fillers can be done right now?

Infinite Tsukuyomi fillers. So it's not completely random. Unnecessary but not out of left field.

Platinum fan.
31st August 2015, 5:08 AM
Infinite Tsukuyomi fillers. So it's not completely random. Unnecessary but not out of left field.

That sounds like torture. Clearly they are milking Naruto but it has to end at some point.

CyberBlaziken
6th September 2015, 7:59 AM
Saw a video of Naruto and Sasuke fighting against whatever the villain is supposed to be in Boruto the movie.
Probably the male-Kaguya.

Really liked them fighting together, they look much more in sync than they were in the early days.
Personal highlight was Naruto taking Sasuke's sword mid-air and going at the male-Kaguya.
And Bolt/Boruto being awestruck with the fight, while wearing Naruto's Part-1 jacket.

Red and Blue
16th September 2015, 4:38 AM
http://nycc15.mapyourshow.com/6_0/sessions/session-details.cfm?ScheduleID=164

http://nycc15.mapyourshow.com/6_0/sessions/session-details.cfm?ScheduleID=207

Kishi`s going to comic con in New York next month

Mr. Reloaded
26th September 2015, 3:30 AM
I really don't get some of these fillers, they're not even all that engaging. I mean this is all clearly for milking (which is actually hurting the anime) but damn try harder lol.

The Ten-Ten stuff wasn't horrible at least which is a shocker, but maybe that's because of it's based off of the Road to Ninja characters who were interesting.

Yce288
26th September 2015, 8:09 PM
All of the Infinite Tsukuyomi's dreams fillers except the Tenten one werent shown in the manga although Tenten's dream was executed differently in the anime and they were nice except karin's dream, they still have 10 dreams to show from the manga and they probably gonna add some more so the fillers gonna continue at least until January and next episode will have new opening and new ending so we could know whats gonna be shown until April from the opening.

CyberBlaziken
27th September 2015, 2:26 PM
Sigh. I has hoped we'd be on the final fight by now. But nope. Not even close as it stands.

Yce288
1st October 2015, 2:30 PM
So we have a new opening and i'm not sure if i could say its gonna be the last opening, but at the very least, the opening showed Kaguya replacing Madara so i can assume we gonna have Team 7's fight against Kaguya during the period of this opening.

Mr. Reloaded
1st October 2015, 8:12 PM
If this opening is truly the last one then this probably means we're gonna end the filler around the end of October-early November.

I mean in terms of source material, we're nearing the tail end of it all. All that's left is Kaguya and Naruto vs Sasuke, both of which I'm sure they can fit in a single openings time.

Yce288
1st October 2015, 8:34 PM
If this opening is truly the last one then this probably means we're gonna end the filler around the end of October-early November.

I mean in terms of source material, we're nearing the tail end of it all. All that's left is Kaguya and Naruto vs Sasuke, both of which I'm sure they can fit in a single openings time.

There is still 10 canon dreams of the infinite tsukuyomi that need to be shown in the anime and considering that up to now every dream is at least one episode and they're gonna add some more dreams, i'm gonna say the fillers will last until january.

Jb
8th October 2015, 11:47 PM
The new op reminded me of the 8th one. No action scenes or flash.

Shneak
9th October 2015, 4:33 AM
It's definitely not the last opening. Didn't seem final enough, and it only showed Kaguya possessing Madara for canon material.

Jb
9th October 2015, 2:55 PM
they really could drag on the dreams for like another 20 weeks

Mr. Reloaded
9th October 2015, 3:31 PM
they really could drag on the dreams for like another 20 weeks

Oh I freaking hope not... No way is everyone getting a dream shown, that be the ultimate forme of padding. Even studio Pierrot wouldn't swoop that low.

Yce288
10th October 2015, 9:33 PM
We probably gonna have Team 7's fight against Kaguya during this opening and then we''ll have a new opening for Naruto Vs Sasuke and maybe they will add fillers for things that happens between chapter 699 and chapter 700.

Red and Blue
12th October 2015, 11:54 PM
If the Boruto movie is playing in your city, I really recommend you guys check it out. It's a really solid Naruto film that gives a satisfying conclusion to the franchise. If you disliked Boruto, you'll grow to care about him when the movie ends :)

CyberBlaziken
13th October 2015, 8:36 AM
I heard Boruto will be shown, but I haven't checked out the details yet.
Is it the dub or english sub?

Lorde
13th October 2015, 8:34 PM
The Boruto film was terrible, just as the hype led me to believe. Boruto's whininess and angst were the pits, plus the plot wasn't much better than the previous film's plot. I'm so glad that this franchise is dying down though: Now if only the anime's fillers would cease.

Red and Blue
13th October 2015, 8:40 PM
Well at least the movie better explained his feelings of resentment and angst :/

I heard Boruto will be shown, but I haven't checked out the details yet.
Is it the dub or english sub?

It's subbed. The dub won't come out for at least a year.

Shneak
14th October 2015, 4:14 AM
I actually think I'm going to see Boruto in theatres. I want closure and I think it looks enjoyable. Plus The Last left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Red and Blue
15th October 2015, 5:40 AM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2015-10-14/masashi-kishimoto-at-new-york-comic-con/.94186

Ooh boy, you guys really need to read this interview Kishi gave last week at Comic con. Apparently his wife gave him hell about the ending a year ago

lolipiece
15th October 2015, 6:54 AM
Oh? Sounds interest-oh, it's just about Naruto ending up with Hinata instead of Sakura.

I was hoping for something important.

Lorde
15th October 2015, 6:58 AM
Kishi's wife supporting NaruSaku ain't surprising since apparently she and Sakura are a lot alike. This interview was lame though just like all the others.

Mr. Reloaded
16th October 2015, 7:30 PM
Neither NaruHina or NaruSaku were going to make any sense by the end. Especially in the case of NaruSaku lol.

So I don't see what's there to be mad about, they both suck.

Shneak
17th October 2015, 6:50 AM
So I went to see Boruto and I loved it? I've got closure. It was a nice contained story, featured some cool fights and a great cast. I figured I would have some problems with Boruto, Naruto's role and the pacing but I didn't. I like Boruto more from the start more than I liked Naruto from his start. Naruto being weak made sense with his Hokage overexertion. The Chunin Exams could have had longer fights for the supporting characters though.

I can't believe Boruto obliterated a bijuu bomb with a rasengan and didn't lose his arm. That's OP.

Void Ventus
21st October 2015, 10:57 AM
Ahh frick. Some of you already watched Boruto The Movie. Gotta wait until like May-June for the US Bluray to come out (if it takes ~10 months like The Last did). I finally got around to watching The Last, and I liked it. Urgh 8 more months before I can see BTM.

CyberBlaziken
2nd November 2015, 7:12 PM
Watched Boruto last week. It was pretty good. I don't really have much complaints, as this will probably the last movie we'll get. Ended off in a good note.
I did want to see more from the Chunin exams. The fights were pretty good and animation was top notch.
Boruto was a bit too OP, but at least we don't have a whole new series to deal with that..

In other news. There have been just eight non-filler episodes of the anime this year. EIGHT.

Red and Blue
2nd November 2015, 9:38 PM
I never got the sense that he was too "OP" given thathe cheated through most of the Chunin Exams.

Plus he was stated to be a natural prodigy

Shneak
30th November 2015, 8:34 PM
Didn't I say this would happen within the year?

http://media.comicbook.com/2015/11/naruto-the-next-generation-161098.gif

http://www.shonenjump.com/next_generation/

The art is just from Boruto the Movie, so it very well might be a movie. But it could be a possible manga sequel.

Red and Blue
30th November 2015, 8:52 PM

The art is just from Boruto the Movie, so it very well might be a movie. But it could be a possible manga sequel.
Kishi has stated numerous times that he isn't writing for Naruto anymore and is starting a new project. It is likely a new movie

Platinum fan.
1st December 2015, 7:31 PM

There's not much left to do for a manga sequel. Beyond Bolt and Sarada hooking up anyway, lol.

Red and Blue
1st December 2015, 11:57 PM
If they wanted more conflict in the Narutoverse, I`m sure SP could come up with something if they wanted. More Otsutsuki members as villains(or worse Uchihas). Plus there is the whole deal with Mitsuki and Orochimaru,

I just don`t see the point cause anything with the new generation would just feel like a rehash. Bolt and Sarada`s personal conflicts are resolved so I don`t know what else you could do with them

Pokegirl Fan~
2nd December 2015, 12:02 AM
I'd rather just see this franchise end already since they pretty much ruined it after Naruto's fight with Pain imo. I can't really see anything else being that interesting anyways if they make another manga series.

Mr. Reloaded
2nd December 2015, 1:30 AM
If this is manga related then I see it being similar to Dragon Ball Super where Toriyama's not heavily involved in but is still watching over. I can't see Kishi going back so soon especially since he has that Sci-Fi manga coming up. It's most likely another movie sure but you never know.

EmphaticPikachu
2nd December 2015, 4:43 AM
Boruto was a super cute movie. It felt pretty easy to follow and nothing super surprised me...

But I honestly grew to like it. The emotions felt real and genuine, there were nice action scenes, and overall just very good. Nothing spectacular, but it never had to be anything more then it was, imo.

It really did bring back a sense of nostalgia, as if I was watching some old family movie with a bit more emphasis on action. Themes resonated well.

CyberBlaziken
2nd December 2015, 8:03 PM
I really think a break from Naruto would do the franchise a good breath of fresh air.
Whilst I do want to see the adventures of the Next Generation, it'd be too repetitive.
Canon movies every 2-3 years would be fine though.

Shneak
3rd December 2015, 7:44 PM
If there's a sequel series I could still see a break for Kishi happening, if he's involved in the weekly process at all. It could be announced at Jump Festa but not start until late 2016 or something.

Red and Blue
4th December 2015, 9:09 PM
Instead of doing a sequel series or movie, I'd rather see some type of prequel. Give us a Team Minato spin off.

BJack
5th December 2015, 2:01 PM
Instead of doing a sequel series or movie, I'd rather see some type of prequel. Give us a Team Minato spin off.

Minato is pretty boring.

We already got enough backstory of more interesting characters like Team Hiruzen,Madara,Hashirama,Ame orphans and Kakashi. There is no need for prequels because we got enough info about the past.

Platinum fan.
5th December 2015, 6:42 PM
Team Hiruzen, Madara and Hashirama more interesting then Minato? Now that I'll debate. Madara and Hashirama nearly killed the Naruto ending with their bland dinosaur age storyline. I'm shocked I made it through the final with Madara in the series. I'd take a Team Minato spinoff over any of those guys minus the Pain orphans, because they are just as interesting. Team Minato spinoff means more Kakashi and Obito before they ruined him, and both are better then Team Hiruzen, Marada, and Hashirama.

AuraKshatriya
12th December 2015, 12:48 AM
A few years back Kishimoto mentioned he was considering doing a Minato prequel when the series ends (and he had Naruto's ending planned since...around 2005, I believe, so it was probably a fairly legitimate prequel consideration). That said, I'm not sure where the idea stands now.

I loved the series from start to finish (though VS Pain was amazing), but I'm just incredibly disenchanted by the immense drop in animation quality for the anime. Virtually every scene after the 10-Tails appearance is covered in a coating of grey for no apparent reason, the colours are barely there, the fluidity is lacking, and the characters' anatomies are hardly constant. I stopped watching for ages and then returned to see Gai vs Madara (just because the fight was that awesome in the manga). They handled the 5th Step of Evening Elephant extremely poorly (should've been an impact a la One-Punch Man rather than a punch in the back with a little blood coughed up), but Night Gai looked pretty good. The Opening showing a Gai and Madara back-and-forth would've been a nice expansion of the fight for the anime, but obviously they were too busy animating more filler to do that >_<. Thankfully Storm 4 is there to give all the jutsu their due justice, appearance-wise. Shame about the rest of the series, though.

Red and Blue
12th December 2015, 2:16 AM
At least with a Minato prequel we wouldn't have to deal with Obito constantly spamming the sharingan.

Platinum fan.
12th December 2015, 2:37 AM
At least with a Minato prequel we wouldn't have to deal with Obito constantly spamming the sharingan.

And that's just another reason why I like Obito. How I want my Team Minato spinoff. But is the anime still going on? What are they doing? The series should be over by now.

Mr. Reloaded
12th December 2015, 3:25 AM
And that's just another reason why I like Obito. How I want my Team Minato spinoff. But is the anime still going on? What are they doing? The series should be over by now.

The anime's still in filler hell.

Red and Blue
12th December 2015, 3:51 AM
What is even the point? The manga ended last year.

Anyway, if they're still doing fillers then I doubt the upcoming announcement is a Boruto anime sequel.

Platinum fan.
12th December 2015, 3:57 PM
Fillers of what though? Granted the finale of Naruto wasn't super great and Kaguya was overall pointless, what are they doing fillers of? They are in the middle of a war with Madara/Kaguya. How do you make fillers?

CyberBlaziken
12th December 2015, 5:08 PM
Fillers of what though? Granted the finale of Naruto wasn't super great and Kaguya was overall pointless, what are they doing fillers of? They are in the middle of a war with Madara/Kaguya. How do you make fillers?

Currently showing what Tsunade's dreaming about while stuck in the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Currently running for ten episodes.

Platinum fan.
12th December 2015, 7:26 PM
Currently showing what Tsunade's dreaming about while stuck in the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Currently running for ten episodes.

They are going through everyones dreams? That must not be very fun to watch. How many dreams have they gone through thus far?

Mr. Reloaded
12th December 2015, 7:29 PM
They are going through everyones dreams? That must not be very fun to watch. How many dreams have they gone through thus far?

TenTen
Karin
B
Tsunade (still running)

Platinum fan.
12th December 2015, 11:14 PM
TenTen
Karin
B
Tsunade (still running)

Wow, that's not even half the cast to go through. I say just end the series and give me my team Minato mini series!

Jb
13th December 2015, 12:20 AM
Lol they could drag this on for an entire year

Mrs. Oreo
13th December 2015, 1:15 AM
TenTen
Karin
B
Tsunade (still running)

What was Karin's dream about? ^^

I stopped watching Naruto Shippuden cuz of the fillers and it's sad to learn that things haven't changed.

Mr. Reloaded
13th December 2015, 1:20 AM
What was Karin's dream about? ^^

I stopped watching Naruto Shippuden cuz of the fillers and it's sad to learn that things haven't changed.

It was basically just going over her backstory with Sasuke bs thrown in.

Shadow Lucario
13th December 2015, 5:30 AM
Kishimoto said he is done with Naruto and wants to rest. I doubt he will be doing anything with it in the near future.

Red and Blue
13th December 2015, 5:39 AM
Kishimoto said he is done with Naruto and wants to rest. I doubt he will be doing anything with it in the near future.

Yeah but Studio Pierrot has other things in mind for the series. They could always do a anime sequel or new movie

Void Ventus
13th December 2015, 5:43 AM
I really want Kishi to do art for a videogame. His artstyle is really good. The one where he drew Team 7 with fantasy costumes by the river (I think Kakashi or Sakura was an archer) makes me yearn for a JRPG with Kishi's design, just like Toriyama has done DQ for decades now.

Anyone know when Boruto The Movie is getting a Blu-Ray release? I think it took 10 months (October 2015) for The Last to get a US Blu-Ray release after it came out in Japanese theaters (Dec 2014). Bolt came out in August, so maybe around June here?

Yce288
13th December 2015, 10:05 AM
TenTen
Karin
B
Tsunade (still running)

We also had a filler dream of Yamato, which was the shortest dream(not even a complete episode).

FlorgesPower2
13th December 2015, 1:27 PM
We also had a filler dream of Yamato, which was the shortest dream(not even a complete episode).

What was that one about?

Yce288
13th December 2015, 1:41 PM
What was that one about?

Yamato helping defeating Kabuto and Sasuke returing to Team 7 and because of those events, Yamato becomes the official leader of Team 7.

Mr. Reloaded
13th December 2015, 4:13 PM

Ah that's right forgot all about that one. The shorter it is, the more forgettable it becomes.

FlorgesPower2
17th December 2015, 4:10 PM
So apparently we're going back into canon sometime in March, anyone got a source for this?

Red and Blue
19th December 2015, 8:21 AM
So, for better or for worse, Naruto will continue. Joy

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-19/naruto-franchise-gets-new-boruto-manga-supervised-by-masashi-kishimoto/.96700

lolipiece
19th December 2015, 10:24 AM
You know, it's alright to double post if it's important news.

Also, joy. The ride never ends.

Can't be as bad as the Sarada Drama Chronicles we had a few months ago.

Also, is that image new? Because the lack of Sakura is grating.

I guess it goes to show: Sarada isn't important because she's Sakura's daughter; she's important because she's Sasuke's daughter.

Mr. Reloaded
19th December 2015, 3:19 PM
So, for better or for worse, Naruto will continue. Joy

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-19/naruto-franchise-gets-new-boruto-manga-supervised-by-masashi-kishimoto/.96700

Step into the grand tour?

nuzamaki90
19th December 2015, 4:36 PM
That looks awesome, especially the new blonde character near Naruto

Glad we get to see Naruto continue but damn that artist is terrible at faces. Everyone looks ugly.

Also, Itachi is getting an anime adaption of his books
http://i.imgur.com/mQ6m7EU.jpg

Red and Blue
19th December 2015, 5:46 PM
You know, it's alright to double post if it's important news.

Also, joy. The ride never ends.

Can't be as bad as the Sarada Drama Chronicles we had a few months ago.

Also, is that image new? Because the lack of Sakura is grating.

I guess it goes to show: Sarada isn't important because she's Sakura's daughter; she's important because she's Sasuke's daughter.

Well this isn`t the first time the series has crapped on her character.

Glad that they`re using the ninjas from the Chunin Exams as well. Though I kind of wish there was a time skip and they were all Chunin.

Platinum fan.
19th December 2015, 5:54 PM
I haven't seen the Boruto movie, so I don't know everyone. Just Boruto/Bolt, Sarada, Chocho, Sai/Ino's kid and Shikamaru's kid who's names I haven't learned yet but will shortly. I won't mind a new series aka Part 3. I just want the Boruto series to go back to the classic Naruto series of part 1. Where not everything is uber powered by destiny, Uzumaki bloodline, Uchiha bloodline, MS Sharingan and Rinnengan powerups. Go back to the fun stories of introducing all these new characters and their weird jutsu powers. This is why I loved the Chunnin Exam arc so much. Nobody felt overpowered to the point where they are invincible, not even Gaara and Neji, it introduced so many cool jutsu users and everyone felt unique and important not just Uchiha is the most dominate force in the world and Sharingan and Tailed Beast mode hax. So I hope we get fun stories like that again.

I don't know who that girl is in the pink hoodie but she looks pretty cool. Maybe she was in the Boruto movie?

Red and Blue
19th December 2015, 7:49 PM
Anyone else find it odd that Sarada got a new outfit and non of the other kids?

Which is a shame since I would have liked to have seen Boruto wear more Sasuke like clothes

Mrs. Oreo
20th December 2015, 12:39 AM
Whoa a new Naruto manga focusing on the next gen sounds cool and all, tho I wish the original author was drawing it. However if he's overseeing the plot then it still has potential. :D

Red and Blue
20th December 2015, 1:23 AM
You know, given how rabid the pairing wars got, I wouldn't be surprised if Kishi makes sure Kodachi avoids any romance for the new series, lol

I don't know who that girl is in the pink hoodie but she looks pretty cool. Maybe she was in the Boruto movie?

She was :)

Platinum fan.
20th December 2015, 2:17 AM
You know, given how rabid the pairing wars got, I wouldn't be surprised if Kishi makes sure Kodachi avoids any romance for the new series, lol

She was :)

Oh really? Who is she?

Red and Blue
20th December 2015, 2:36 AM
Oh really? Who is she?

Yodo. She didn't get much screentime in the film though

Shneak
20th December 2015, 3:22 AM
Lmao. Finally confirmed.

Ooh, I'm not liking the new artist though. The faces look off.

uber gon
20th December 2015, 5:50 AM
Kind of hope Sarada surpasses her predecessors by not needing other Uchiha eyeballs to keep her sight. Also keep her away from any and all Uchiha angst.

Also, that Itachi movie is going to make villifying Sasuke on killing Danzo a lot harder, isn't it?

Red and Blue
20th December 2015, 8:56 PM
https://41.media.tumblr.com/110bab604cac3488011d34c15c30fad4/tumblr_nzlqxvD4AZ1tltr42o1_1280.jpg

https://41.media.tumblr.com/b267fb45ab5ba2bddeaeefa917e0bd06/tumblr_nzlqxvD4AZ1tltr42o3_r1_1280.jpg

https://41.media.tumblr.com/05940756b3284e0636edae8c1b8e74cf/tumblr_nzlqxvD4AZ1tltr42o2_r1_1280.jpg

https://40.media.tumblr.com/bf8287910a02f394aba2f3b5c7ba7941/tumblr_nzlqxvD4AZ1tltr42o4_r1_1280.jpg

I just found these on tumblr. They`re the pictures seen from Naruto`s house in the Boruto film

Mrs. Oreo
21st December 2015, 2:44 AM
Also keep her away from any and all Uchiha angst.

She kind of went through that in the spin-off manga thing but I expect more of that in the new series still cuz it's a Uchiha tradition. :D

Red and Blue
21st December 2015, 5:10 AM
Oh god, no more Uchihas! No more Uchiha angst. That was one of the biggest problems in part 2 (and Gaiden).

I hope to god there are no more revealed Uchiha survivors in Part 3. Unless Sasuke and Sakura have another child, then this Uchiha nonsense needs to stop

Platinum fan.
21st December 2015, 2:54 PM
Oh god, no more Uchihas! No more Uchiha angst. That was one of the biggest problems in part 2 (and Gaiden).

I hope to god there are no more revealed Uchiha survivors in Part 3. Unless Sasuke and Sakura have another child, then this Uchiha nonsense needs to stop

The Uchiha nonsense was the biggest problem in part 2. The fact that they are more deadly then the Tailed Beast speaks volumes. I hope part 3 goes back to a part 1 vibe and not have every single plot revolve around the evolution of Sharingan and the Uchihas. I'm still angry that Rinnengan is a evolved Sharingan.

Locormus
22nd December 2015, 2:44 AM
My reaction to "Part 3": NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Done.

The Uchiha nonsense was the biggest problem in part 2. The fact that they are more deadly then the Tailed Beast speaks volumes. I hope part 3 goes back to a part 1 vibe and not have every single plot revolve around the evolution of Sharingan and the Uchihas. I'm still angry that Rinnengan is a evolved Sharingan.

In part two, there were only a few Uchiha's left, of which Madara and Sasuke were destined to be legendary because of the Sage's brother housing in them. Obito was strong because he had a hax-ability, but was fairly average aside from that, until he got the beasts in him. Than who do we have left? Itachi? Compared to Obito, he was a freak of nature, genius. Madara, Itachi and Sasuke were standout Uchiha, Obito was nothing much. It's very clear that the former three were the best the clan had to offer in ages.

If you think that the Rinnegan is only an evolution of the Sharingan, than you're wrong. You need two things to get the Rinnegan, chakra from both the younger sage (commonly found in Senju/Uzumaki) and older sage (commonly found in Uchiha (and possibly Hyuuga)). Hence why Sasuke only got his when they met the younger sage.

AND why Boruto might get it*, but no Sharingan.

*iirc, the older brother got the eye-powers, so that means that the Hyuuga are descendants of him, and considering that Naruto is an Uzumaki..

Mrs. Oreo
22nd December 2015, 2:58 AM

The first half of the manga was my favourite and I hope we will see more ninja villages in the new series cuz some didn't get shown during the Naruto manga.

Platinum fan.
22nd December 2015, 4:22 AM
My reaction to "Part 3": NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Done.

In part two, there were only a few Uchiha's left, of which Madara and Sasuke were destined to be legendary because of the Sage's brother housing in them. Obito was strong because he had a hax-ability, but was fairly average aside from that, until he got the beasts in him. Than who do we have left? Itachi? Compared to Obito, he was a freak of nature, genius. Madara, Itachi and Sasuke were standout Uchiha, Obito was nothing much. It's very clear that the former three were the best the clan had to offer in ages.

If you think that the Rinnegan is only an evolution of the Sharingan, than you're wrong. You need two things to get the Rinnegan, chakra from both the younger sage (commonly found in Senju/Uzumaki) and older sage (commonly found in Uchiha (and possibly Hyuuga)). Hence why Sasuke only got his when they met the younger sage.

AND why Boruto might get it*, but no Sharingan.

*iirc, the older brother got the eye-powers, so that means that the Hyuuga are descendants of him, and considering that Naruto is an Uzumaki..

The series treated Rinnegan ultimately nothing more then a Sasuke power-up. Nothing more. What once was a unique power from Nagato/Pain just became another OP Uchiha power in the end. Ironically of all those Uchiha you named, Obito I found to be the best one. Because he wasn't perfect by birth like those other three. Madara, Itachi, and Sasuke are so perfectly bred to be elites it was almost boring. That's actually why I liked Obito before they Fakadara'd him. Part II ruined the Uchihas for me. They became the answer to everything, they became the most dominate force in the series, even being able to tame the Tailed Beast with their Sharingan. But I won't do a another rant on them. I want part 3 to be more like part 1.

Red and Blue
22nd December 2015, 7:52 AM
Anyways, really hope we see more of Mirai in Part 3. Chances are she's the leader of the new InoShikaCho

Mrs. Oreo
23rd December 2015, 2:49 AM
The series treated Rinnegan ultimately nothing more then a Sasuke power-up. Nothing more. What once was a unique power from Nagato/Pain just became another OP Uchiha power in the end. Ironically of all those Uchiha you named, Obito I found to be the best one. Because he wasn't perfect by birth like those other three. Madara, Itachi, and Sasuke are so perfectly bred to be elites it was almost boring. That's actually why I liked Obito before they Fakadara'd him. Part II ruined the Uchihas for me. They became the answer to everything, they became the most dominate force in the series, even being able to tame the Tailed Beast with their Sharingan. But I won't do a another rant on them. I want part 3 to be more like part 1.

At least the Uchihas weren't the last big villain in Shippuden. I know people disliked Kaguya but hey at least she wasn't an Uchiha clan member.

uber gon
23rd December 2015, 3:42 PM
Kind of hope we get to see the other tailed beasts in Part 3. Like, maybe see more of their personalities or something.

Red and Blue
23rd December 2015, 10:21 PM
At least the Uchihas weren't the last big villain in Shippuden. I know people disliked Kaguya but hey at least she wasn't an Uchiha clan member.

She was technically the Uchiha clan ancestor so...

Kind of hope we get to see the other tailed beasts in Part 3. Like, maybe see more of their personalities or something.
As long as the villains this time don't want the tailed beasts. I don't know how else you can factor them in the story though

Mrs. Oreo
24th December 2015, 2:36 AM

I thought most were handled badly in Shippuden so I'd also like to see them get more attention in the new manga just so long as they don't get captured again. ^^

Emperor Empoleon
25th December 2015, 2:29 AM
I...Can't say I'm interested...

As haphazard as the ending felt, I was kinda happy putting the series behind me after following it all those years. Something about a continuation just gives me bad vibes. lol.

CyberBlaziken
25th December 2015, 6:32 PM
I don't know, I actually started rewatching the series, and felt horrible once I finished it again.
Kinda glad there's more to see, just hope it doesn't screw up.

Mrs. Oreo
26th December 2015, 2:47 AM
I...Can't say I'm interested...

As haphazard as the ending felt, I was kinda happy putting the series behind me after following it all those years. Something about a continuation just gives me bad vibes. lol.

Well since Boruto is gonna be focused on more I'll give it a shot. Him and his team interest me more than Naruto's old team. ^^;

uber gon
27th December 2015, 5:43 AM
As long as the villains this time don't want the tailed beasts. I don't know how else you can factor them in the story though

Make all of them the overprotective older siblings towards Boruto when it comes to interacting with Sarada and Sasuke? Maybe make Kurama act all overprotective about the thought of Boruto and Sarada dating.

Red and Blue
30th December 2015, 5:17 AM
http://tinyurl.com/pkf5ukz

Well the anime fillers aren't ending anytime soon

Make all of them the overprotective older siblings towards Boruto when it comes to interacting with Sarada and Sasuke? Maybe make Kurama act all overprotective about the thought of Boruto and Sarada dating.

Why would Kurama possibly care? Also how could he act overprotective if he's sealed inside Naruto

Mrs. Oreo
30th December 2015, 5:38 AM
Gee as much as I like Itachi I can't say that the idea of more episodes based on him excites me much. I just want the fillers to finally end. ^^;

CyberBlaziken
30th December 2015, 8:44 AM
More fillers? Are they planning on pushing the anime for the whole of next year?

Mr. Reloaded
30th December 2015, 12:54 PM
More fillers? Are they planning on pushing the anime for the whole of next year?

I would imagine so. The Boruto manga is a monthly thing, (thank god) so they'll probably try and drag out the anime as much as they possibly can until they have material to work with.

Platinum fan.
30th December 2015, 3:47 PM
http://tinyurl.com/pkf5ukz

Well the anime fillers aren't ending anytime soon

Why would Kurama possibly care? Also how could he act overprotective if he's sealed inside Naruto

The fillers will never end. Even though I don't watch the anime portion of Naruto, I bet it's murder for those that do. I will admit some ideas to give focus to other characters sounds cool but not everyone is interesting enough and this just looks like overkill.

They should have made a Team Minato filler arc or something. That would have got me watching.

Locormus
30th December 2015, 5:10 PM
She was technically the Uchiha clan ancestor so...

And the Senju ancestor.. so? Kaguya was Kaguya.

I would imagine so. The Boruto manga is a monthly thing, (thank god) so they'll probably try and drag out the anime as much as they possibly can until they have material to work with.

Are they going to turn Boruto into animé as well? Is that confirmed?

The fillers will never end. Even though I don't watch the anime portion of Naruto, I bet it's murder for those that do. This just looks like overkill.

It's Naruto.. All former Big3-manga have issues with their animé.

- Naruto: "Fillerhell", but average to good when they get to good material.
- Bleach: Cancelled.
- One Piece: 0.9 manga chapter per 1 episode. Colored in still frames that are slid from side to side counts as animation for Toei.

Red and Blue
30th December 2015, 5:20 PM
And the Senju ancestor.. so? Kaguya was Kaguya.

Are they going to turn Boruto into animé as well? Is that confirmed?

It's Naruto.. All former Big3-manga have issues with their animé.

- Naruto: "Fillerhell", but average to good when they get to good material.
- Bleach: Cancelled.
- One Piece: 0.9 manga chapter per 1 episode. Colored in still frames that are slid from side to side counts as animation for Toei.

The Boruto anime isn't confirmed. Just speculation once the main anime eventually finishes. Really if they need new material after the main series ends they could just animate the novels that take place between 699 and 700

phanpycross
30th December 2015, 11:44 PM
Really, I would say Filler is only bad when it offers nothing.

I prefer Part 1 to Part 2 by a mile, so while I do think 3 years of filler was excessive, I still really enjoyed those episodes in retrospect.

These fillers do suck tho, Im just saying.

Pokegirl Fan~
31st December 2015, 2:11 AM
No thanks on a Boruto anime. They would just focus on the same Uchiha drama again that's been done to death.

XanderCage
31st December 2015, 3:24 PM
This is what I am hoping for from the Boruto series:

- More training to develop new and unique jutsu (no more rasengan/chidori varients). Would love to see them use more chakra natures
- An actual conclusion to a chunin exam
- Covert and stealth missions instead of escort and beat 'em up missions
- New villages

Red and Blue
31st December 2015, 6:20 PM
Would be funny if Shikadai git promoted to Chunin between the movie and the manga like his dad. He showed a lot of strategic skill in his fight with Boruto

Mr. Reloaded
31st December 2015, 6:41 PM
No thanks on a Boruto anime. They would just focus on the same Uchiha drama again that's been done to death.

The Boruto anime would have to follow the upcoming manga, don't blame the anime adaption for an Uchiha overdose, blame the source material.

Platinum fan.
31st December 2015, 7:45 PM
This is what I am hoping for from the Boruto series:

- More training to develop new and unique jutsu (no more rasengan/chidori varients). Would love to see them use more chakra natures
- An actual conclusion to a chunin exam
- Covert and stealth missions instead of escort and beat 'em up missions
- New villages

These are some solid good ideas I would like to see. New jutsu that doesn't involve Rasengan and Chidori. That would be really refreshing. I would enjoy some story arc where they have to go to other ninja villages. I just want a more part 1 vibe to Boruto.

Mrs. Oreo
1st January 2016, 2:29 AM

Prolly ha ha. Well as long as the Boruto mini arc manga chapters get animated next year I can tolerate some more Shippuden fillers.

Locormus
5th January 2016, 1:58 AM
Really, I would say Filler is only bad when it offers nothing.

I prefer Part 1 to Part 2 by a mile, so while I do think 3 years of filler was excessive, I still really enjoyed those episodes in retrospect.

These fillers do suck tho, Im just saying.

Hmm.. Well, "Part 2" had those arc-fillers when Akatsuki was still a thing. I barely remember this stuff, but I remember an arc with a character named Sora, the three-tailed beast and one with the 6-tail Jinchuuriki that were really well done.

The Boruto anime would have to follow the upcoming manga, don't blame the anime adaption for an Uchiha overdose, blame the source material.

Wanted to say the same thing..

Mrs. Oreo
5th January 2016, 2:32 AM
Hmm.. Well, "Part 2" had those arc-fillers when Akatsuki was still a thing. I barely remember this stuff, but I remember an arc with a character named Sora, the three-tailed beast and one with the 6-tail Jinchuuriki that were really well done.

I didn't like the first two filler arcs but the third one was decent cuz Utakata was cool. I knew he'd be caught by Akatsuki tho so knowing his fate made things bittersweet.

Red and Blue
2nd February 2016, 11:47 PM
http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=696082

While this isn`t related to the Naruto series, I thought this was pretty funny. Can`t believe they even got the voice actors XD

Void Ventus
4th February 2016, 8:47 AM
hehe (https://41.media.tumblr.com/6e3aa49e3f7e08e948c775495c6c5451/tumblr_inline_o1w00dLpL01rx7x6m_540.jpg)

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 is coming out this Friday (EU) and Tuesday (NA). Better get your pre-orders in now, or else you won't be able to play as Boruto and Sarada! (both characters are pre-order only so far. Might become paid DLC a month later, might also not)

Mr. Reloaded
29th February 2016, 12:25 AM
Heard the anime recently did a semi parody of Naruto vs Sasuke and had to see it for myself, was not disappointed lol. Wish they'd cut the filler BS and actually get to that fight but gotta milk that cow till it's completely dead I guess.

Red and Blue
29th February 2016, 12:27 AM
Heard the anime recently did a semi parody of Naruto vs Sasuke and had to see it for myself, was not disappointed lol. Wish they'd cut the filler BS and actually get to that fight but gotta milk that cow till it's completely dead I guess.

There stalling for time till the Boruto manga gets enough chapters. Which is a problem itself since its monthly

Platinum fan.
29th February 2016, 2:01 AM
There stalling for time till the Boruto manga gets enough chapters. Which is a problem itself since its monthly

Have the Boruto chapters started yet? And yeah Naruto did the same filler marathon during the transition from part 1 to part 2. It's nothing new.

Mr. Reloaded
29th February 2016, 2:03 AM
Have the Boruto chapters started yet? Not until spring.

And yeah Naruto did the same filler marathon during the transition from part 1 to part 2. It's nothing new.

It's nothing new but it's significantly worse.

Platinum fan.
29th February 2016, 2:39 AM
Not until spring.

It's nothing new but it's significantly worse.

I'm sure it is worse now. I don't watch the anime but I hear that the fillers are the dreams of people under the moon jutsu thing. I bet some are better then others. Naruto's anime will just be infamous for the long filler gaps.

Mrs. Oreo
29th February 2016, 2:43 AM
The new Bolt manga being monthly and not weekly makes me sad cuz I hate long gaps between chapters. I just hope it meets the hype.

CyberBlaziken
29th February 2016, 6:26 AM
I actually think it's smarter for them to do a monthly run. 3/4 of the fan base is already sick of the series, and this gap makes it easier for those that still tolerate the series.
More time for creative thinking as well. Hopefully.

Red and Blue
29th February 2016, 6:10 PM
So for anyone who wanted to watch the Boruto movie but couldn't in theaters it leaked on youtube

Mrs. Oreo
1st March 2016, 2:23 AM
I actually think it's smarter for them to do a monthly run. 3/4 of the fan base is already sick of the series, and this gap makes it easier for those that still tolerate the series.
More time for creative thinking as well. Hopefully.

Honestly if some fans are sick of the franchise then I dunno why they'd even bother reading the new manga? I don't think people who disliked the way Naruto was handled should expect appeasement in the Bolt manga. ^^;

Yce288
3rd March 2016, 6:10 PM
At last the dreams ended in the latest episode!and after the The True Legend of Itachi arc will end the anime will probably not gonna have an arc of fillers anymore.

Mr. Reloaded
3rd March 2016, 7:09 PM
Okay maybe I missed something important here but who the hell just lets their kid walk into the battlefield like that? Come on.

Love how half of the episode had nothing to do with Itachi but basically omitted any need for more dream filler, so hopefully after the Kaguya stuff the anime's gonna add on we get back on track. No more filler after that for the love of god please!

FlorgesPower2
5th March 2016, 5:05 PM
Stalling for the Boruto manga makes no sense because that's suppose to be a monthly thing, meaning when Shippuden ends they'll still end up with very little source material to work with.

So that can't be their reasoning.

Milking is really the only answer.

Shadow Lucario
5th March 2016, 10:10 PM
The animation team must be lazy or have no idea what they are doing. Tsunade's face was on the Hokage monument the night of the Kyuubi attack in the latest episode.

Mrs. Oreo
6th March 2016, 2:25 AM
The animation team must be lazy or have no idea what they are doing. Tsunade's face was on the Hokage monument the night of the Kyuubi attack in the latest episode.

In their defense, even Kishi has made errors with his illustrations some times like when he put Minato's face on the monument even before he was the Hokage. ^^

Red and Blue
10th March 2016, 11:23 PM
http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=700101

We got some scans. Good lord this artwork will take some getting use to.

Platinum fan.
10th March 2016, 11:28 PM
http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=700101

We got some scans. Good lord this artwork will take some getting use to.

Poor Sarada or whatever her name is. Hopefully the artist gets better as time goes on. Just look at Naruto's artwork from volume 1 to the current titles. It is very different. Hopefully it's the case here too.

Mr. Reloaded
11th March 2016, 12:18 AM
I'm more concerned for the writing if anything, Kishi's writing left such a bad taste in my mouth (especially towards the end holy s***) that I'm really scared for this new guy.

But yeah the art is pretty terrible lol.

Red and Blue
11th March 2016, 12:54 AM
I could forgive terrible artwork as long as the story and characters are good.

At least the Mitsuki oneshot will have good artwork since Kishi is doing it

Mrs. Oreo
11th March 2016, 2:21 AM
Yea that art style will take some getting used to. Right now it looks bad but I guess as long as the story's actually good like during part 1, I'll manage to tolerate it. :3

Shadow Lucario
11th March 2016, 8:58 PM
If you people think that art is bad, you've obviously not read Attack on Titan or Hunter x Hunter.

Red and Blue
14th March 2016, 10:14 PM

And we got the release dates.

4/25 for the Mitsuki oneshot and 5/9 for the actual Boruto manga. SJ please find a new illustrator before May

Shadow Lucario
15th March 2016, 4:42 AM

And we got the release dates.

4/25 for the Mitsuki oneshot and 5/9 for the actual Boruto manga. SJ please find a new illustrator before May

The art is fine. The only way to get better is to keep at it.

Mrs. Oreo
15th March 2016, 5:19 AM
A Mitsuki one shot chapter doesn't interest me much sadly cuz out of Konohamaru's team, I only like Sarada and Bolt.

Red and Blue
24th March 2016, 8:41 PM
https://41.media.tumblr.com/c2597dd5da160beb21bf78e05a3bbd57/tumblr_o4jnsel1ZZ1ueh300o1_540.jpg

Promo of the Boruto manga and oneshot. Much better artwork

uber gon
26th March 2016, 7:58 PM
https://41.media.tumblr.com/c2597dd5da160beb21bf78e05a3bbd57/tumblr_o4jnsel1ZZ1ueh300o1_540.jpg

Sasuke would probably still object to Sarada showing that much leg. Hopefully they're at least older that their movie ages.

nuzamaki90
26th March 2016, 8:47 PM

Gosh this artist can't with faces.

diakyu
27th March 2016, 2:31 AM
It's Boruto's face that I have a problem with. The rest are fine imo.

Mrs. Oreo
28th March 2016, 2:35 AM

Well based on the manga panel samples shown, the artwork in black and white will look decent like Kishimoto's. :3

diakyu
28th March 2016, 6:09 AM
Well based on the manga panel samples shown, the artwork in black and white will look decent like Kishimoto's. :3
Because that is Kishi's art lol. That's a sort of preview chapter to help set up the new manga Kishimoto is doing.

uber gon
29th March 2016, 3:39 AM
Kind of hope Boruto uses some of the more obscure weapons. Like the Lord Helix Hammer (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/naruto/images/8/80/Kotetsu_Summoning_Shell.png/revision/latest?cb=20160216224137).

Red and Blue
29th March 2016, 4:02 AM
Since Boruto is Sasuke`s apprentice he`ll likely end up wielding a katana like his master

Shneak
29th March 2016, 6:11 AM
Gosh this artist can't with faces.

It seems to be getting somewhat better, at least with this ad. I imagine it will be like Attack on Titan with a mix of good art and atrocious art.

Red and Blue
29th March 2016, 6:38 AM
https://41.media.tumblr.com/241cabed4104e152f5b4f769acd57dce/tumblr_o4rljr8Ayh1t8embyo1_1280.jpg

https://40.media.tumblr.com/aec84a86aebbe8da3804b312f05631a8/tumblr_o4rljr8Ayh1t8embyo2_1280.jpg

father of the year

nuzamaki90
29th March 2016, 3:04 PM
https://41.media.tumblr.com/241cabed4104e152f5b4f769acd57dce/tumblr_o4rljr8Ayh1t8embyo1_1280.jpg

https://40.media.tumblr.com/aec84a86aebbe8da3804b312f05631a8/tumblr_o4rljr8Ayh1t8embyo2_1280.jpg

father of the year

I really hope Orochimaru doesn't have boobs in that one panel

I can't unsee

Akashin
29th March 2016, 3:24 PM
I really hope Orochimaru doesn't have boobs in that one panel

I can't unsee

His lab coat just looks excessively baggy.

With that said, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he did.

Mrs. Oreo
31st March 2016, 2:32 AM
Orochimaru still seems like a creep in those panels, so I wish Naruto or Sasuke had killed him at some point instead of allowing him to survive. :[

Red and Blue
31st March 2016, 4:45 AM
Orochimaru still seems like a creep in those panels, so I wish Naruto or Sasuke had killed him at some point instead of allowing him to survive. :[

Karma and justice doesnt exist in this series. Why do you think Sasuke went unpunished and Kabuto got to run a orphanage

FlorgesPower2
3rd April 2016, 12:12 AM
How is the anime treating the Itachi novels? I'd imagine very poorly but again I don't know.

Shadow Lucario
3rd April 2016, 1:49 AM
How is the anime treating the Itachi novels? I'd imagine very poorly but again I don't know.

From the one episode I've seen, it actually isn't bad.

Yce288
7th April 2016, 7:35 PM
For some reason the next opening will debut in May instead of April, maybe this opening will be the last one.

CyberBlaziken
7th April 2016, 9:27 PM
When does the anime even move on to the final arc?
It's been ages. 2015 had 8 non-filler episodes.

Speaking of which, how was the Tsunade dream arc?

Yce288
7th April 2016, 9:42 PM
When does the anime even move on to the final arc?
It's been ages. 2015 had 8 non-filler episodes.

Speaking of which, how was the Tsunade dream arc?

Its confirmed that once Itachi Shinden Book: Light and Darkness arc ends, we will move to Kaguya Ōtsutsuki arc and about Tsunade's dream arc, well it kinda spoiled the end because there was a battle between Naruto and Sasuke and there was a happy ending with nobody from konoha dying, but i'm glad that Naruto and Sasuke had a battle when they were at their strongest because their last battle in the manga happened when they were exhausted.

Mr. Reloaded
9th April 2016, 2:20 AM
More sneak peaks at the new manga (http://114.imagebam.com/download/DjynfYGyZVnXbJ8I3Hw1zA/47643/476426251/brtnxt.png)

That Sasuke tho lmfao. Jesus Christ..

Mrs. Oreo
9th April 2016, 2:33 AM
More sneak peaks at the new manga (http://114.imagebam.com/download/DjynfYGyZVnXbJ8I3Hw1zA/47643/476426251/brtnxt.png)

That Sasuke tho lmfao. Jesus Christ..

Ha ha wow that doesn't even look like his usual face. The new artist really needs to work on how to draw the characters to look the way Kishimoto drew them. ^^;

FlorgesPower2
9th April 2016, 2:44 PM
Those are either:

• Incomplete designs
• A bad joke
• Poorly chosen panels too choice from

But if this somehow the actual standard artwork, my god lmao.

Yce288
9th April 2016, 10:05 PM
Canon episodes wil return in May:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/04/naruto-shippuden-april-2016-schedule/

Red and Blue
21st April 2016, 10:25 PM
http://readms.com/r/naruto/Side%20Story/3368/1

Mitsuki oneshot is out fully. Enjoy it cause it's the last you will see of Kishi's art in the franchise

Platinum fan.
21st April 2016, 11:09 PM
http://readms.com/r/naruto/Side%20Story/3368/1

Mitsuki oneshot is out fully. Enjoy it cause it's the last you will see of Kishi's art in the franchise

I still can't believe Orochimaru is not only alive but just roaming free in the Naruto world. I don't think I'll ever be okay with how they just casually and easily brought Orochimaru back from purgatory. Still Mitsuki looks interesting enough.

Mr. Reloaded
21st April 2016, 11:14 PM
I still can't believe Orochimaru is not only alive but just roaming free in the Naruto world. I don't think I'll ever be okay with how they just casually and easily brought Orochimaru back from purgatory. Still Mitsuki looks interesting enough.

The amount of effort it would take to actually kill the bastard probably wasn't seen as worth it to the world, so they just let him go.

He did also help a lot during the war, sooo.

Red and Blue
21st April 2016, 11:27 PM
Interesting oneshot. I`m looking forward to how this will all play out in the Boruto manga. I wonder if this "embryo" is of Otsutsuki origin?

The amount of effort it would take to actually kill the bastard probably wasn't seen as worth it to the world, so they just let him go.

He did also help a lot during the war, sooo.

Okay but still, he committed numerous crimes and experimented on thousands of lives. Sure Sasuke got pardoned, but his crimes were NOTHING compared to Orochimaru`s.

Jb
22nd April 2016, 12:49 AM
Interesting oneshot. I`m looking forward to how this will all play out in the Boruto manga. I wonder if this "embryo" is of Otsutsuki origin?

Okay but still, he committed numerous crimes and experimented on thousands of lives. Sure Sasuke got pardoned, but his crimes were NOTHING compared to Orochimaru`s.

Oro was really only a criminal of the leaf. And the sand I guess but I don't think they know or even care to off'd the kazekage. To the other villages, he's a legendary shinobi who summoned some of the most powerful people to help stop the war.

FlorgesPower2
22nd April 2016, 12:53 AM
It's not like Orochimaru's really doing anymore. Don't really see he'd be seen as a threat.

Platinum fan.
22nd April 2016, 12:56 AM
Oro was really only a criminal of the leaf. And the sand I guess but I don't think they know or even care to off'd the kazekage. To the other villages, he's a legendary shinobi who summoned some of the most powerful people to help stop the war.

The Gokage all talked about him at the summit and acknowledged his ties with Akatsuki. They were not his direct enemies but they were not his allies either. And since his crimes are mainly on Leaf and Sand, his punishment would have come from them anyway.

Red and Blue
22nd April 2016, 1:21 AM
It's not like Orochimaru's really doing anymore. Don't really see he'd be seen as a threat.

that's not true at all. Given how the oneshot ended it is clear he still is up to no good

Mrs. Oreo
22nd April 2016, 2:17 AM
I liked the Mitsuki chapter cuz it showed Mitsuki using Sage Mode and Orochimaru regained some of his old charm ha ha. I feel bad for Suigetsu tho since he shouldn't even be working for Orochimaru given that he was used for experiments by him before.

Red and Blue
22nd April 2016, 4:46 AM
Kind of interesting they're doing a Sun and Moon parallel between Mitsuki and Boruto when the next generation of Pokemon is Sun and Moon

Mr. Reloaded
28th April 2016, 9:41 PM
that's not true at all. Given how the oneshot ended it is clear he still is up to no good

But is it really bothering anyone?

Orochimaru would have to literally start a war in order for them to even consider killing him.

Red and Blue
28th April 2016, 10:06 PM
But is it really bothering anyone?

Orochimaru would have to literally start a war in order for them to even consider killing him.

And if that war does happen at some point in the Boruto manga it's because Naruto didn't stop him when he had the chance

Platinum fan.
29th April 2016, 2:50 AM
And if that war does happen at some point in the Boruto manga it's because Naruto didn't stop him when he had the chance

I almost hope Orochimaru does that. Even though he's no match for Naruto now, not even in his league, I want it to happen just so everyone can see that keeping Orochimaru alive was a mistake and so was bringing him back.

Red and Blue
29th April 2016, 4:42 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/4gz0z2/boruto_next_generations_chapter_1_spoilers/

So uh I found this on Narutobase. It may or may not be accurate but if it is then the Boruto manga may be more interesting than I thought. Remember, use SPOILER tags

diakyu
29th April 2016, 7:53 PM
So I take it it's a flashforward to what will come, not what is happening?

Red and Blue
29th April 2016, 7:57 PM
So I take it it's a flashforward to what will come, not what is happening?

Looks like it? Interested in seeing the circumstances that will lead to it

Yce288
30th April 2016, 10:18 PM
The anime finally returned to canon and the latest episode was well done and we'll have a new opening in the next episode.

Red and Blue
3rd May 2016, 5:11 PM
http://readms.com/r/boruto/001/3387/1

And here we go. Look`s like the series will be going the Super route for a few months.

Akashin
3rd May 2016, 8:04 PM
I never got around to watching the new movie, so this is new ground to me anyway.

That was surprisingly okay. Not great or anything, but I was able to read it through, and I found that I actually like Boruto. Maybe the excessively low expectations helped.

Red and Blue
3rd May 2016, 9:17 PM
Good thing they started with the flashforward cause otherwise people might have been turned off by the first arc being a retelling of the Boruto movie

diakyu
3rd May 2016, 10:20 PM
Not gonna lie, Boruto's older design is slick.

While I don't really have any qualms with the character drawings, it'll be interesting if he improves more now that he will focusing more on the characters instead of the landscapes like he had been when working under kishimoto.

I never got around to watching the new movie, so this is new ground to me anyway.

That was surprisingly okay. Not great or anything, but I was able to read it through, and I found that I actually like Boruto. Maybe the excessively low expectations helped.
I have never seen it either though I've seen summaries and people seem to think it's the best Naruto film. The first meeting with Sasuke was pretty funny (where Boruto tries to punch him and Sasuke immediately says "you must be Naruto's son").

Red and Blue
4th May 2016, 1:14 AM
Please, please for the love of god don't let Kawaki be an Uchiha. Otsutsuki fine but not an Uchiha. That is the last thing this story needs

Mr. Reloaded
4th May 2016, 1:55 AM
The art is really off putting when you actually get to see it in full but it definitely could have been worse.

Kawaki better make a better final villain than Kaguya lol.

Mrs. Oreo
4th May 2016, 2:12 AM
The first Boruto manga chapter was ok I guess. Boruto's angst got a bit tedious, plus the new artist seems to have inconsistency issues when he draws faces, but I liked the colour pages alot. :D

diakyu
4th May 2016, 5:13 AM
It is odd how people are saying the art is terrible when most of it is really, really good. It's just the faces.

Mrs. Oreo
4th May 2016, 5:18 AM
It is odd how people are saying the art is terrible when most of it is really, really good. It's just the faces.

Well faces are usually the focal point when I look at a character. I mean, I don't focus at their legs or arms. ^^; So if the faces are bad, then that's gonna be a source of criticism.

diakyu
4th May 2016, 6:09 AM
I wouldn't say it's that important in action manga though, paneling is super important in this genre and this first chapter had really good paneling. What's interesting about his faces though is that Sasuke and the female faces are the only ones that gives him big problems. Tells you a bit about Sasuke lol

Red and Blue
4th May 2016, 6:38 AM
I wonder how long it will take to retell the movie? Its monthly so we may not get new content for a while

FlorgesPower2
4th May 2016, 3:20 PM
How many times are they gonna try and tease Naruto's death? It'd take some major broken/cheap s*** to truly kill him off.

Thankfully that's all endgame stuff.

Red and Blue
4th May 2016, 6:23 PM
So I looked at some reviews on the chapter from other websites and someone pointed out that Boruto becomes a missing ninja at some point. The scratched headband he wears is his, not Sasuke's. There is actually a lot of potential there.

Shame we have to wait till they finish the movie before we get to the interesting bits of Boruto's story

Akashin
4th May 2016, 6:39 PM
How many times are they gonna try and tease Naruto's death? It'd take some major broken/cheap s*** to truly kill him off.

Thankfully that's all endgame stuff.

The thought occurred to me that the technological advances going on in the world might contribute to that. Nobody can come close to Naruto and Sasuke in legitimate power, but with technology they can help to close the gap, or something.

I very, very much doubt he was actually dead in the beginning either way, though.

So I looked at some reviews on the chapter from other websites and someone pointed out that Boruto becomes a missing ninja at some point. The scratched headband he wears is his, not Sasuke's. There is actually a lot of potential there.

Shame we have to wait till they finish the movie before we get to the interesting bits of Boruto's story

That's interesting. Not even remotely surprising given Boruto's attitude, but interesting.

Red and Blue
4th May 2016, 10:38 PM
I'd actually commend the series if it had the guts to kill either Naruto or Sasuke. This Kawaki ninja must be really powerful considering he at the very least defeated the 7th Hokage

Platinum fan.
5th May 2016, 12:44 AM
Reading that Boruto chapter...honestly it just made me miss the old part 1 Naruto stories. The artwork will take some serious getting used to. Characters like Konohamaru and Sakura, yeeesh. Still if this manga actually killed off Naruto I don't know how to feel about that. It's a bold move but also pretty risky. I won't complain if they do, again it's just really bold and risky. But so far with Boruto I'm not that interested right now. Hope it picks up.

Mrs. Oreo
5th May 2016, 2:15 AM
The thought occurred to me that the technological advances going on in the world might contribute to that. Nobody can come close to Naruto and Sasuke in legitimate power, but with technology they can help to close the gap, or something.

I also thought of that when we saw Konohamaru use that new jutsu device. I'm sure that real ninjutsu vs synthetic ninjutsu will be a recurring theme in this new series. ^^

Akashin
5th May 2016, 2:56 AM
I also thought of that when we saw Konohamaru use that new jutsu device. I'm sure that real ninjutsu vs synthetic ninjutsu will be a recurring theme in this new series. ^^

Oh, I'm sure it will be, and I'll be very surprised if we don't start seeing people who are utterly talentless in Ninjutsu save for this method (and imagine what this means for the likes of Lee). The question is how the TMs fit into Kawaki's claim of the age of ninja being over, though we're a long way away from that.

Red and Blue
5th May 2016, 3:13 AM
I wonder if artificial ninjutsu was related to the matching tattoos both of them were wearing in the future

Akashin
5th May 2016, 3:30 AM
My automatic assumption was that the tattoos are something related to Kaguya and/or Hagoromo because at this point that's the easy assumption, but that's entirely possible too.

I'd also like to know if Kawaki's name being so similar to Nawaki is a coincidence or not.

Emperor Empoleon
5th May 2016, 4:28 PM
Wow...

Naruto dead and the Village in shambles. Already. Bolt looks like he's been through some amount of hell, too.

My time with Naruto is over (and I'm much too soft to this anyway, lol), but damn if this new author doesn't know how to guage interest...

Akashin
5th May 2016, 5:43 PM
I thought I was done with Naruto too, but this opening chapter was enough to get me to commit to five minutes a month to continue following it for now. I'm aware that it's a significant part of the movie, but beyond that I hope we step away from the Demi-Gods in ninja clothing a bit. I might be expecting too much though.

Red and Blue
5th May 2016, 6:33 PM
This entire manga is basically a flashback with an older Boruto telling his story to the readers and how he came to the moment were he is fighting Kawaki. The actually mystery that lead to that point is what will make this sequel worth reading.

Great idea on the writers part

Yce288
5th May 2016, 9:39 PM
The lastest episode of the anime have a new opening that mostly shows Team 7's battle against Kaguya and no sign of the battle between Naruto and Sasuke and the next episode will be filler about Kaguya's past.

Mr. Reloaded
5th May 2016, 9:50 PM
The only time where filler is actually needed.

At the very least it addresses the lack of character/backstory issue with Kaguya.

Red and Blue
5th May 2016, 10:04 PM
Did the manga ever address who was Kaguya's husband? If not they may decide to show him in the filler episodes

Yce288
26th May 2016, 2:35 PM
The backstory fillers ended and next episode we''ll be back to canon episodes.
and about Kaguya's husband, he was not shown in the manga and in the anime, Tenji, the emperor of the Land of Ancestors, was Kaguya's lover and the father of Hagoromo and Hamura.

DiaRubyTandem
26th May 2016, 2:38 PM
Is there gonna be a Storm game again? Or it will be a Boruto game??

Bakphoon™
27th May 2016, 1:27 PM
Is there gonna be a Storm game again? Or it will be a Boruto game??

Storm 4 was confirmed as the last game in the Storm series, so no. However there may be possibilities of a Boruto game.

Yce288
1st June 2016, 3:09 PM
Naruto Shippuden Original Soundtrack 3 will be released on July 6, i just hope the better music will be included because probably the most recent music will be released.

Red and Blue
2nd June 2016, 11:13 PM
http://readms.com/r/boruto/002/3445/1

Chapter 2 out

Mrs. Oreo
5th June 2016, 2:11 AM
Well I'm impressed by how Boruto mastered the Rasengan faster than his dad and I thought that Sasuke looked slightly better in this chapter than he did in last month's ha ha. ^^

Akashin
5th June 2016, 2:17 AM
Well I'm impressed by how Boruto mastered the Rasengan faster than his dad and I thought that Sasuke looked slightly better in this chapter than he did in last month's ha ha. ^^

Huh? I'm only going off the manga and not the movie, but he didn't master it yet. He just barely pulled off a Rasengan (and fell *** over head into creating Vanishing Rasengan), but the perfected one he showed Sasuke later was through a TM.

It seems like his progress was faster than Naruto, though that's hardly surprising. Being a genius and having a somewhat more invested teacher probably did him more than a few favours, though.

CyberBlaziken
5th June 2016, 8:07 PM
That panel where they showed Boruto beside Kid-Naruto was cringe worthy..
But it looked better towards the end of the chapter.

Rentorar
17th June 2016, 12:39 AM
Who else agrees with me that Hinata is completely useless and NaruHina is too forced? I mean look at how miserable Naruto looks. He obviously is not happy at all. I really want to say that Kishimoto was forced to make that pairing real... Naruto always loved Sakura and I am sure he still does and that is why Kishimoto has Naruto looking not too pleased with his situation.

Red and Blue
17th June 2016, 12:50 AM
It's been almost two years since the series ended and people are STILL not over it? There was more to the series then just pairings

Mr. Reloaded
17th June 2016, 1:47 AM
Every pairing that isn't Shikamaru and Temari sucks and was blatantly forced, thought this was common knowledge.

Sakura would have been no exception.

Akashin
17th June 2016, 1:52 AM
Every pairing that isn't Shikamaru and Temari sucks and was blatantly forced, thought this was common knowledge.

Sakura would have been no exception.

I had no problem with Asuma and Kurenai either but otherwise, this. The only benefit Sakura had was that Naruto had a long-standing, established (but never explored) crush on her, but her doing a heel-face turn and reciprocating would have been no less forced than anything else.

Romance simply wasn't a central or even remotely significant part of the story, and was only made so at the end to set the stage for Boruto et al.

Jb
17th June 2016, 2:16 AM
Who else agrees with me that Hinata is completely useless and NaruHina is too forced? I mean look at how miserable Naruto looks. He obviously is not happy at all. I really want to say that Kishimoto was forced to make that pairing real... Naruto always loved Sakura and I am sure he still does and that is why Kishimoto has Naruto looking not too pleased with his situation.

Just lol. This isn't the shipping board pal. Sakura lost, deal with it. All pairings are bad.

Mrs. Oreo
17th June 2016, 2:16 AM

Naruto doesn't look miserable to me. He seems overworked in the new manga I guess, but he'd feel that way no matter who his wife is. I just don't like how Hinata looks now. ^^;

DiaRubyTandem
19th June 2016, 10:37 AM

Stop being a retard, of course Naruto is happy with Hinata. Its just his job as Hokage is very hard

Monchan
19th June 2016, 2:01 PM
I really like the new Boruto chapter. I also find it really cool that Boruto wants to become Sasuke's apprentice.

Yce288
7th July 2016, 3:12 PM
Original Soundtrack 3 was released yesterday and consists music from episode 248 to the current arc.

Red and Blue
9th July 2016, 12:36 AM
http://readms.com/r/boruto/003/3522/1#

Chapter 3 is out

Bakphoon™
10th July 2016, 6:02 PM
Really enjoyed the new OVA "The Day Naruto Became Hokage". It was quite funny and I loved how scared Boruto was at the end. xD

Shadow Lucario
11th July 2016, 1:12 AM
At first I thought they were going to have Konohamaru become Hokage, but then I thought about it and realized he would just transform into Naruto for a little while.

Mrs. Oreo
11th July 2016, 2:31 AM
The newest chapter was good cuz of the chunin exam stuff. I don't like how Boruto is still relying heavily on that jutsu device however, but at least Sarada and Mitsuki are competent using their own skills. :]

Shadow Lucario
11th July 2016, 3:46 AM
The newest chapter was good cuz of the chunin exam stuff. I don't like how Boruto is still relying heavily on that jutsu device however, but at least Sarada and Mitsuki are competent using their own skills. :]

Have you not seen the Boruto movie? This is all stuff that has been done already.

Void Ventus
13th July 2016, 5:28 AM
Speaking of which, Boruto The Movie has a US DVD/Blu-Ray release date yet? It finally released in Japan last week, so hopefully it will here soon too.

How's the Boruto manga? I read the first chapter, and the artstyle sucked. Will wait until Chapter 5 is released before checkin it out again.

Mr. Reloaded
13th July 2016, 9:01 PM
How's the Boruto manga? I read the first chapter, and the artstyle sucked. Will wait until Chapter 5 is released before checkin it out again.

Art doesn't get any better. You might get used to it sure, but in no way shape or form does it improve.

Akashin
13th July 2016, 9:05 PM
Art doesn't get any better. You might get used to it sure, but in no way shape or form does it improve.

This. I've never had much of a problem with the art so I'm fine with it, but for the people that aren't it's unlikely that waiting it out will help, at least not in the short term.

Mrs. Oreo
14th July 2016, 2:27 AM
Have you not seen the Boruto movie? This is all stuff that has been done already.

Well I've seen a few scenes from it, but not the whole film ha ha. I guess since alot of people have seen these events unfold already, it explains why the new manga series doesn't seem that popular right now.

ChloboShoka
14th July 2016, 2:55 AM
Really enjoyed the new OVA "The Day Naruto Became Hokage". It was quite funny and I loved how scared Boruto was at the end. xD
I thought it was brilliant. Himawari is brilliant in it.

I think I'm one of the few people who actually Naruto The Last though. Everyone I know seems to hate it.

CyberBlaziken
22nd July 2016, 11:30 AM
Well, the Indra and Ashura story is done. I enjoyed it actually. Since it is counted as canon.

Next week we get to see Kakashi's face unveiling episode. Chapter 700.2 I think.

Yce288
28th July 2016, 2:58 PM
We'll be back to canon next week.
and i forgot to mention that the opening got changed and now it has scenes that confirm the battle between Naruto and Sauke will occur soon.

Bakphoon™
6th August 2016, 11:30 AM
Apparently a new Naruto game is coming out for mobile. It's called Ultimate Ninja Blazing. Looks like an ordinary Naruto browser game. Currently pre-registrations are going on and you can get extra 5 Ninja Pearls if you pre register!

Ominous Wind
6th August 2016, 10:26 PM
We'll be back to canon next week.
and i forgot to mention that the opening got changed and now it has scenes that confirm the battle between Naruto and Sauke will occur soon.

Wait, what? The Anime is in fillers? But the manga ended 2 years ago, jeez.

Mr. Reloaded
6th August 2016, 11:49 PM
Wait, what? The Anime is in fillers? But the manga ended 2 years ago, jeez.

It's been a disaster lol.

At first we were getting Infinite Tsukiyomi fillers (5-6 months), which were expected (but were also not very good).

Then we got an anime adaption of the Itachi novels in which they altered the source material to try and keep it PG. (1 month 1/2)

Then we got canon for like 2-3 episodes, then we go to some back story for Kaguya. Then Hagoromo and his brother's "back story"

Back to canon for like 2 episodes.

Then Asura and his brother's "back story".

Then the Kakashi face reveal got animated.

Now we're back in the Kaguya fight.

Jb
7th August 2016, 12:35 AM
Expect at least 4 months of flashbacks for the Naruto vs Sasuke fight.

Maybe more months of missions they never went on filler

Mrs. Oreo
7th August 2016, 2:28 AM
So Naruto found out about Boruto's jutsu mechanism, which I found surprising cuz I didn't think Naruto was that vigilant before now ha ha. Too bad this Chunin Exam is really rushed and we're not seeing each fight. ^^