PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116]

Ominous Wind
7th August 2016, 3:02 AM
It's been a disaster lol.

At first we were getting Infinite Tsukiyomi fillers (5-6 months), which were expected (but were also not very good).

Then we got an anime adaption of the Itachi novels in which they altered the source material to try and keep it PG. (1 month 1/2)

Then we got canon for like 2-3 episodes, then we go to some back story for Kaguya. Then Hagoromo and his brother's "back story"

Back to canon for like 2 episodes.

Then Asura and his brother's "back story".

Then the Kakashi face reveal got animated.

Now we're back in the Kaguya fight.

Jesus Christ. Either they don't care anymore, or they are stalling for time to make a Boruto anime. Wouldn't surprise if they made even more fillers after the final Naruto vs Sasuke battle, although that would be cool, bridging the gap to The Last Movie and Boruto Movie. Kind of like what Dragon Ball Super did.

Have there been any news of an adaption for "The Seventh Hokage And The Scarlet Spring"? That could be a movie in itself.

CyberBlaziken
8th August 2016, 8:33 AM
Kinda enjoyed Indra and Ashura backstory episodes.

Yce288
11th August 2016, 7:23 PM
Obito's death is divided to two episodes:the latest episode and the next one.
i hope the next episode will be well done.

Red and Blue
11th August 2016, 7:29 PM
Obito's death is also known for Naruto infamous "He was the coolest guy" line. A line that was wrong for so many reasons

Yce288
11th August 2016, 8:52 PM
Could you explain what is wrong with that line?

Ominous Wind
11th August 2016, 11:19 PM
Could you explain what is wrong with that line?

Naruto said Obito was "The Coolest Guy"

The same Obito who:

-Killed Naruto's parents
-Started the 4th Ninja World War

And a bunch of other bad things.

Mrs. Oreo
13th August 2016, 2:22 AM
Hee hee yea I don't quite get why Naruto considered Obito to be a cool guy when he was responsible for so many deaths, even if some happened indirectly. I didn't like how Obito's sins were just forgiven so easily by the end of the manga. ^^;

CyberBlaziken
18th August 2016, 5:38 PM
They really milked out Obito's death.

Guessing 2-3 more episodes for Kaguya to fall. And then another 50 for Naruto vs Sasuke.

Bakphoon™
19th August 2016, 12:59 PM
Latest episode was good. Hopefully Kakashi unlocks the Susanno next episode, since they showed a clip of him having double EMS at the end of the last episode

Yce288
19th August 2016, 1:19 PM
They really milked out Obito's death.

Guessing 2-3 more episodes for Kaguya to fall. And then another 50 for Naruto vs Sasuke.
We already have the names of the next 3 episode revealed so we know what's going happen:
Episode 473 – Sharingan, Once More
Air date:August 25
Episode 474 – Congratulations!
Air date:September 01
Episode 475 – Valley of the End
Air date:September 08

Bakphoon™
19th August 2016, 3:47 PM
We already have the names of the next 3 episode revealed so we know what's going happen:

The final fight in the next three episodes? And that too without any filler in between? That's awesome. We will have to wait another 20 days, though. >.<

CyberBlaziken
19th August 2016, 4:23 PM

So that's 2 episodes of Kaguya. I'm surprised they're not taking a whole episode for the Hokage's to leave, especially for the Minato-Naruto angle. I was looking forward to that one actually.

The 50 episodes bit was a joke. But they will drag the hell out of it regardless.

Ominous Wind
19th August 2016, 7:00 PM
Watch them do another filler that's a retrospective of every Naruto & Sasuke moment so far.

Actually, that'd be kinda cool.

UltimateNinja
20th August 2016, 12:30 AM
And then another 50 for Naruto vs Sasuke.

Okay 50 episodes for a single conclusion battle are way to much even with fillers. They've milked out the climax with enough fillers. Kaguya should fall in the next few episodes. I bet there'll be 5-7 flashback episodes about Naruto's and Sasuke's past. They should end Shippuden at episode 500 at the latest.

Yce288
25th August 2016, 2:46 PM
The latest episode was well paced and now we're left with one episode before the final battle begins.
and i guess there will be flashbacks of Naruto and Sasuke's first battle in the Valley of the End since there are scenes in the opening that imply it.

edit:the novels that occur after chapter 6999 will get animated after the anime catchs up to what happens in chapter 699:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/08/naruto-anime-to-shift-focus-on-life-after-manga-chapter-699/

Ominous Wind
27th August 2016, 6:16 PM
The latest episode was well paced and now we're left with one episode before the final battle begins.
and i guess there will be flashbacks of Naruto and Sasuke's first battle in the Valley of the End since there are scenes in the opening that imply it.

edit:the novels that occur after chapter 6999 will get animated after the anime catchs up to what happens in chapter 699:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/08/naruto-anime-to-shift-focus-on-life-after-manga-chapter-699/

Milking the franchise with no survivors.

At this point they really are just stalling so that the Boruto manga has enough material to be made into an anime.

Mr. Reloaded
27th August 2016, 11:00 PM
Milking the franchise with no survivors.

At this point they really are just stalling so that the Boruto manga has enough material to be made into an anime.

What else can they do? Boruto still has another two months or so before it's done with the movie.

Yce288
31st August 2016, 1:36 PM
Since there will be 2-3 chapters before the retelling of Boruto: Naruto the Movie is over i guess maybe something like this happen when the retelling is over

the Boruto movie ends with Boruto wondering who Orchimaru is so maybe he went the Sasuke way and he met Orchimaru and that's how things turned out in chapter 1 when we see Boruto and Kawai.

Yce288
1st September 2016, 2:01 PM
There was changes both in the opening and the ending in the latest episode and now the opening consists only scenes of Naruto and Sasuke.
and the episode was well paced like the previous one.

Jb
1st September 2016, 2:44 PM
Wish they would of did a opening just to even it at 20. Plus this third version felt rushed. Easily the worst of the three

CyberBlaziken
1st September 2016, 6:33 PM
Well, I knew I'd get teary when Minato departs. And I was right.

Also, are they changing the animation to the shoddy style I've seen in One Piece and Dragon Ball Super? The preview looked like those. God I hope not.

Yce288
1st September 2016, 7:25 PM
When i read the manga i didnt realize Naruto's reply about Kushina asking him to find someone like her which was meant for Sakura when he talked to Minato about it, but when i watched the episode i finally realized.
Naruto stuttered, which means he realize that Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke and he may not be able to end up with her which was what happened and that's why he ended up with Hinata and besides, Naruto had a crush on Sakura and he never really loved her and crush and love are two different things.

Mrs. Oreo
5th September 2016, 5:23 AM

Well I agree with fans who say that the series is being milked too much now. I haven't even read the Naruto novels myself, tho at least I'll get to see what they're all about in the anime now. ^^

Yce288
9th September 2016, 1:09 PM
Another good episode.
By the way, does anyone know what was the deal with the preview for the next episode?the preview was in manga style and in black and white instead of the normal thing.

Mr. Reloaded
9th September 2016, 1:18 PM
Another good episode.
By the way, does anyone know what was the deal with the preview for the next episode?the preview was in manga style and in black and white instead of the normal thing.

I'm pretty sure it's just meant to be a little homage to the manga, the whole episode won't be like that.

Yce288
9th September 2016, 3:23 PM
So there will be a break next week and one hour special in two weeks, which will cover chapters 694-698 and then on October 6th,episode 478 will be aired and cover chapter 699:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/09/naruto-shippuden-two-week-break-1-hour-special-on-sept-29-chapter-699-on-oct-6/

CyberBlaziken
9th September 2016, 5:36 PM
Decent episode.

But absolutely hate the fact they're using the same type of animation as the one we're getting in DB Super. Annoying af.

Mrs. Oreo
20th September 2016, 5:19 AM
The newest Boruto chapter was interesting and action packed. I liked seeing Momoshiki and Kinshiki show up and how Naruto and Kurama got ready to fight them, and Sasuke's hair looked decent for the first time since this manga began ha ha.

Yce288
24th September 2016, 10:54 PM
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/09/naruto-shippuden-naruto-vs-sasuke-will-be-in-color-new-opening-ending-announced/

I guess this means the novels will begin right after chapter 699 is covered if we get a new opening and ending.

Bakphoon™
29th September 2016, 2:33 PM
Finally the last battle has arrived. As expected, alot of flashbacks, and the same ones too. >.< As for the battle, it kind of seemed one sided in favor of Sasuke. It wasn't as epic as I thought it would be, but it was still a great battle nonetheless. Cannot wait for the next episode in which the war finally ends.

Mr. Reloaded
29th September 2016, 6:07 PM
I'm genuinely surprised they didn't find a way to drag it out to 3 episodes+ lol, and so it ends.

For the most part it was fine, I found nothing wrong with either the art or animation (that's really notable).

Red and Blue
29th September 2016, 6:21 PM
So Shippuden will end at 479? Hopefully they can stretch out the novels before Boruto

CyberBlaziken
29th September 2016, 8:26 PM
Enjoyed the episodes. The fight was great too. I do remember them being more bruised and bloodied up.
Loved the remixed version of Sasuke's theme.

Been nearly 2 years since the manga ended, and here we are with the anime in its last few episodes.
How time passes you by just like that is still a wonder.

Caseydia
29th September 2016, 8:35 PM
So Shippuden will end at 479? Hopefully they can stretch out the novels before Boruto

Please I hope not. They could have skipped the chunin and tsukyomi filler we really didn't need, end the canon stuff months ago, then stretch of the novels.There isn't enough material for a weekly series for Boruto(a monthly series) unless you want filler and hardly anything else.

Pokegirl Fan~
30th September 2016, 11:35 PM
So the anime is FINALLY at the final battle; it's about time. I actually enjoyed it to be completely honest.

UltimateNinja
1st October 2016, 1:41 AM
Battle animation was somehow off at the beginning. I also missed the emotions of the UNS4 scenes.

Jb
1st October 2016, 3:19 PM
Wasn't much of a fan of the fight but I'm glad it's over. The series went way too much into dbz tier for me

Yce288
1st October 2016, 8:03 PM
Great episodes, the only thing i think that the battle lacked was battle themes and by the way, i was surprised to hear Need To Be Strong in the battle, but i was glad they did that.
as for what happens next:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/09/naruto-shippuden-naruto-vs-sasuke-aftermath-new-openingending-date-revealed/

Mrs. Oreo
2nd October 2016, 5:14 AM
There isn't enough material for a weekly series for Boruto(a monthly series) unless you want filler and hardly anything else.

True, but honestly after the way the first Naruto anime series had like a year and a half of non-stop filler, I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get a Boruto anime series that's practically all filler too. Heck even the plot of Shippuden has been filler like a third of the time during its run. ^^;

Red and Blue
6th October 2016, 4:20 AM
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/10/naruto-shippuden-october-2016-schedule/

Next couple of episodes after the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight. Looks like they will be focusing on NH before the Last

CyberBlaziken
6th October 2016, 3:56 PM
Good episode today. A bit stretched though.

Yce288
12th October 2016, 10:05 PM
Its seems there will be fillers starting episode 480:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/10/naruto-shippuden-anime-to-run-character-shorts-starting-episode-480/

and the new opening and new ending will debut in episode 480.

CyberBlaziken
13th October 2016, 2:40 PM
Enjoyed the episode. I like how they clarified Naruto's ranking issue. The fact that he was still certified a Genin bugged me.
Kinda want a couple of more episodes occupying the time span of Chapter 699 to The Last. Just see the progression of Naruto and the world after the war.
Hopefully we might, after the fillers are covered.

Mr. Reloaded
13th October 2016, 6:04 PM
And to this day I still don't like the idea of Sasuke being pardoned. Now obviously they couldn't have left him in jail because they needed a sequel, but I feel like he should served a little more time than that.

Otherwise a beautifully done finale.

Pokegirl Fan~
14th October 2016, 12:24 AM
I enjoyed the episode. I laughed when Naruto had to go back to school to study so that he can become a jonin lol.
Also when did Sakuras hair grow down to her back? I don't think I actually noticed the change of her hair length until near the end of this week's episode lol

Aduro
14th October 2016, 2:58 AM
Its seems there will be fillers starting episode 480:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/10/naruto-shippuden-anime-to-run-character-shorts-starting-episode-480/

and the new opening and new ending will debut in episode 480.

IS it even filler when they've finished the canon stuff? That last episode was chapter 699 stuff and beside the epilogue the rest is basically Boruto. I do like that they cleared up a few things like Naruto studying to become Hokage, although if they're killing time they might have put some time into the last minute pairings and Sasuke finding a way to make up for his many crimes.

And to this day I still don't like the idea of Sasuke being pardoned. Now obviously they couldn't have left him in jail because they needed a sequel, but I feel like he should served a little more time than that.

It kind of works better if you think of Sasuke's journey to find more about Kaguya and explore as a self-imposed exile until he's ready to return. But he definitely should have had a more difficult atonement and Sakura in particular let him off too easy.

Red and Blue
14th October 2016, 9:26 PM
Wonder why Naruto got promoted to Jonin in the anime and not the manga? Guess Kishi didn't have time to cover it

Mr. Reloaded
14th October 2016, 10:53 PM
Wonder why Naruto got promoted to Jonin in the anime and not the manga? Guess Kishi didn't have time to cover it

He never became Jonin.

It makes little sense to jump from Genin to Kage (Garara was a special case) but it's what came out of Kishi's mouth himself.

Though I question if he even knew what he was talking about.

Red and Blue
14th October 2016, 11:32 PM
He never became Jonin.

It makes little since to jump from Genin to Kage (Garara was a special case) but it's what came out of Kishi's mouth himself.

Though I question if he even knew what he was talking about.

Isn't he in the process to become one though? Iruka just said it would take two years

FlorgesPower2
15th October 2016, 12:41 AM
I'd like to imagine that whole scene is just anime filler, and Naruto didn't actually do any sort of studying until post The Last at the very earliest.

Mrs. Oreo
19th October 2016, 5:16 AM
IS it even filler when they've finished the canon stuff?

Hmmm I guess technically it's not filler, but from my standpoint the new episodes aren't even necessary cuz all the things that'll occur from now on are just a way of milking the anime. And with no canon material left to cover, the anime will just make up its own subplots, which doesn't sound too good to me since that has been one of Shippuden's weak points in my view. :[

Yce288
20th October 2016, 1:52 PM
Last week's episode was great and as for this week, we got new opening, which shows Konoha 11 in their The Last's designs and Naruto finally becoming The Hokage and the episode showed Naruto and Hinata's first encounter, which was shown in the The Last and we got new ending in which Naruto became Ace of Diamond.

CyberBlaziken
21st October 2016, 8:19 AM
For what it's worth, the light novels will be adapted after this run of flashback episodes ends.

Yce288
21st October 2016, 8:37 AM
Chapter 6 of Boruto is out:
http://mangastream.com/r/boruto/006/3746/1

CyberBlaziken
21st October 2016, 12:16 PM
So, we'll go past the movie in December, or January.

uber gon
22nd October 2016, 11:01 PM
If you're he last ninja alive, does that technically mean Boruto surpassed Naruto eventually? That's kind of what I got from what Sasuke said in light of that beginning part in this series.

CyberBlaziken
27th October 2016, 6:13 PM
Actually enjoying the flashbacks.

Mrs. Oreo
3rd November 2016, 5:11 AM
The newest Boruto chapter was ok. I liked how Boruto finally ditched the jutsu device and how he put on Naruto's old jacket. Sasuke encouraging him by calling him a loser was funny and I'm glad that Gaara's tagging along to save Naruto.

Faker500
4th November 2016, 6:12 PM
The newest Boruto chapter was ok. I liked how Boruto finally ditched the jutsu device and how he put on Naruto's old jacket. Sasuke encouraging him by calling him a loser was funny and I'm glad that Gaara's tagging along to save Naruto.

Wait we're still at that part only? Dude, I feel old now that the year is ending and this has not even begun.

Yce288
11th November 2016, 10:06 AM
The Sasuke Shinden will begin next episode which will air December 1:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/11/naruto-shippuden-sasuke-shinden-book-of-sunrise-begins-december-1/

CyberBlaziken
17th November 2016, 8:44 PM
Boruto 007 is out. Just a a whole lot of panels of a fight I'm not interested in.

1 or 2 till we move on from the movie. Depending on the pacing.

Yce288
19th November 2016, 8:53 PM
I finally watched The Last and the movie was nice and here's a few points i want to say about the movie:
1.I didnt like the idea of Naruto magically falling in love in Hinata and his relationship with her was developed in a movie that lasts about two hours, but at least it was explained in the movie and i also remember someone here pointed it out:during the two years time skip between chapter 699 and the movie, Naruto confessed his feelings to Sakura, but she rejected him because she still loved Sasuke and there wasnt much time to start the whole thing between Naruto and Hinata.
2.The movie showed a lot of moments of Naruto and Hinata and even added two more, but it didnt show two important moment with one being Naruto shocked by Neji's death and slapped by Hinata and then he takes her hand and thanks her for always being by his side and the second one being Hinata's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream.
3.Sakura and Hanabi tell Hinata to confess her feelings to Naruto, but she already did that when Naruto was captured by Pain, but i guess nobody know about that except for Hinata and Naruto.
4.I liked the fact Sai took part of the mission and got time screen in the movie because he's one of my favorites characters.

Mrs. Oreo
3rd December 2016, 4:20 AM
I liked seeing teamwork involving Kurotsuchi and Chojuro and Gaara and Darui when they fought those Rinnegan guys, plus Naruto's little chat with Boruto was sweet. At least the action and plot progression in the new chapter was good for once. ^^;

CyberBlaziken
3rd December 2016, 8:08 AM
First episode of the Sasuke Shinden's out. Felt like they skipped things.

I really want all the Shindens, Hidens, and Gaidens to be adapted.

Yce288
8th December 2016, 10:00 PM
First episode of the Sasuke Shinden's out. Felt like they skipped things.

I really want all the Shindens, Hidens, and Gaidens to be adapted.

They changed Izumi's death in the anime and skipped a lot of things in Itachi's novel so if they did it again, i wouldnt be surprised.

uber gon
8th December 2016, 10:21 PM
Kind of want to see the part where Naruto asks Iruka to be his best man at his wedding to be animated. For the feels.

Yce288
9th December 2016, 7:45 AM
I noticed that in two movie that Kishimoto was involved in them, the main antagonist wasnt killed, in Road to ninja, Menma was manipulated by Obito and in the end, he became good again and in The Last, Toneri was saved by Naruto and he realized his mistakes.
and here's the schedule for December-February:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/12/naruto-shippuden-shikamaru-leaf-village-stories-dated/

Pokegirl Fan~
9th December 2016, 3:59 PM
I'm enjoying this Sasuke arc so far, and I'm looking forward to Shikamaru's and Naruto and Hinata's wedding arcs as well.

CyberBlaziken
17th December 2016, 8:01 AM
Wonder what the announcements from Kishimoto will be about.

Red and Blue
17th December 2016, 8:35 AM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/boruto-manga-gets-anime-project-in-april-2017/.110033

And we have an anime

Ominous Wind
19th December 2016, 9:11 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/boruto-manga-gets-anime-project-in-april-2017/.110033

And we have an anime

I refuse to give them another ten years of my lif- oh who am I kidding. I'll watch it

uber gon
20th December 2016, 5:52 AM
Kind of weird seeing people act indifferent, even friendly, towards Orochimaru. Emphasizes the small scale the Ninja villages had to the wider scope of the world. Surprised nobody tried stealing Naruto now that he can control Kurama.

Yce288
23rd December 2016, 8:14 AM
Chapter 8 of Boruto is out:
http://mangastream.com/r/boruto/008/3898/1

CyberBlaziken
23rd December 2016, 8:02 PM
Is Naruto in his Six Paths Sage Mode in Boruto (Movie/Manga)?

Lack of Orbs making me confused if it's that or just Chakra mode.

Mrs. Oreo
24th December 2016, 3:05 AM

And we have an anime

Hmmm I dunno how I feel about this. I knew that a Boruto anime was going to happen eventually, but I didn't think we'd get one until the manga finishes rehashing the Boruto film stuff. I guess the Boruto anime series will focus on original content, but after seeing how Shipudden has turned out, I'm not too excited for it. ^^;

Aduro
24th December 2016, 5:42 AM
I noticed that in two movie that Kishimoto was involved in them, the main antagonist wasnt killed, in Road to ninja, Menma was manipulated by Obito and in the end, he became good again and in The Last, Toneri was saved by Naruto and he realized his mistakes.
and here's the schedule for December-February:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/12/naruto-shippuden-shikamaru-leaf-village-stories-dated/

Yeah, the anime and especially the movies not written by Kishimoto killed off villains a lot more casually than the manga. There's a list of deaths on the wiki and the only people in the manga who Naruto directly killed were Kakuzu (and even then Kakashi had to put him out of his misery) and Yura, the guy who Itachi took over, (which is darkly hilarious because he was a good and loyal shinobi who worked for Konoha's closest ally). Even Sasuke has an asterisk by most of his arguable kills.

On the other hand, In the anime Naruto killed off Aoi Rokusho and Shura pretty casually. And in the movies NAruto basically personally killed all the villains except Shinno who basically got himself killed and Moryo who was a demon and Menma which was part of the movie that made no sense. Most of the movies Kishi didn't write had Naruto just straight up kill a human character at the end. Although to be fair, in Blood Prison and The Will of Fire (The only good Naruto movies IMO) the villain's deaths were at least given a little pathos.

Yce288
24th December 2016, 6:42 PM
Is Naruto in his Six Paths Sage Mode in Boruto (Movie/Manga)?

Lack of Orbs making me confused if it's that or just Chakra mode.
And the answer is:
Naruto activated Six Paths Sage Mode already after he engaged Momoshiki, although in the movie, he entered it beforehand.

Yce288
13th January 2017, 1:52 PM
Here's the schedule for January:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2017/01/naruto-shippuden-january-2017-schedule-leaf-village-story-begins-in-february/

uber gon
14th January 2017, 12:39 AM
Bet the new Kages felt really awkward about worrying about the Shinobi system after Boruto's movie.

Mrs. Oreo
15th January 2017, 3:12 AM
Momoshiki reminded me of Jiraiya when he used his hair to bind Gaara in the previous chapter and I almost thought he was going to snap his neck. I also liked how Naruto and Sasuke combined their powers and gave Kurama the Susano'o armor. :3

Red and Blue
26th January 2017, 8:36 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-26/boruto-naruto-next-generations-anime-features-original-story/.111500

Well at least the anime won't start with a rehash of the Boruto film. Thank God

Yce288
27th January 2017, 8:07 AM
Chapter 9 of Boruto is out:
http://mangastream.com/r/boruto/009/3976/1

Void Ventus
30th January 2017, 11:30 AM
When is the Bluray for the US version of Boruto The Movie coming out? I've been waiting so long, and still no news.

Chapter 9 of Boruto is out:
http://mangastream.com/r/boruto/009/3976/1

9 chapters, 9 months later. FINALLY. Let's get new material already.

Yce288
2nd February 2017, 9:38 AM
Interview with Kishimoto:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2017/01/naruto-creator-masashi-kishimoto-2017-interview/

so NaruSaku was never a thing.

ChloboShoka
2nd February 2017, 1:52 PM
I feel sad that Neji is dead still. I think he had a lot more to give, especially with Boruto .

Yce288
9th February 2017, 3:13 PM
The episodes about Shikamaru's novel were great and next week there will be a special one hour that will begin the anime adaptation of Konoha Hiden: The Perfect Day for a Wedding.

Pokegirl Fan~
9th February 2017, 10:45 PM
I really enjoyed the Shikamaru arc so far; will probably watch the latest episode soon. I also liked the Sasuke arc as well; it somewhat redeemed his character for me.

Mrs. Oreo
17th February 2017, 3:04 AM
I liked the newest Boruto chapter, mainly cuz it looks like the film rehash plot is over now and we might see an original plot from now on. Seeing Boruto's vanishing Rasengan and how Naruto helped him make a huge Rasengan in the end was cool however.

Yce288
18th February 2017, 9:28 PM
Here's the schedule for february:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2017/02/naruto-shippuden-february-2017-schedule/

uber gon
20th February 2017, 5:33 PM
Wonder how "weird" everyone else's weddings were? Because Sakura and Sasuke's wedding was probably not met with as much enthusiasm as Naruto and Hinata's wedding.

Void Ventus
20th February 2017, 10:57 PM
Did Sasuke and Sakura even get married before Sarada was born?

I hope Rock Lee's wedding is covered. I wanna know who his wife is.

uber gon
23rd February 2017, 7:02 PM
And in the most recent chapter, happy ending override.

Also, the Sand Ninja with Kankuro's face paint was Gaara's kid. Shikadai has a cousin.

Red and Blue
23rd February 2017, 7:36 PM
Finally the movie recap is over. It's kind of funny we had to wait almost a year for new content

Mr. Reloaded
23rd February 2017, 7:50 PM
Idk, this still feels really doujin to me. Can't get over how this guy draws these puffy looking faces.

Finally the movie recap is over. It's kind of funny we had to wait almost a year for new content

It's ridiculous really.

gliscor&yanmega
25th February 2017, 5:33 PM
These wedding present episodes have been rather nice and the writers and animators clearly are having some fun with it(Orochimaru randomly in background being spied on by Yamato, Leafy the mascot, the entire Team Guy episode...).

Guess the actual wedding may be the finale of the series and leads to Boruto. Which the manga is now getting into new content. Don't recall the god mark in the film, so I guess that's something that will be focused on throughout and may have been why Boruto and that other guy in the first page of the first chapter were heavily tattooed, killed a bunch of gods, which I guess a lot of Otsutsuki people are going to be coming in.

Hoping Zetsu makes his return.

uber gon
27th February 2017, 10:56 PM
Rather than Gods, why couldn't the next enemy be that scientist guy? Like, have him give people who REALLY dislike the old Ninja system those bracelets. That should result in some major **** getting wrecked.

gliscor&yanmega
28th February 2017, 1:45 AM
Rather than Gods, why couldn't the next enemy be that scientist guy? Like, have him give people who REALLY dislike the old Ninja system those bracelets. That should result in some major **** getting wrecked.
I imagine he or someone of similar role(I would prefer the latter because that guy was jusy annoying) will come into play based on the first chapter with that guy saying the age of ninja is over.

I actually would find it amusing if Gods were the main threat throughout but the final threat ended up being someone trying to rid the Ninja system, see it going that way as of now.

Akashin
28th February 2017, 2:10 AM
I imagine he or someone of similar role(I would prefer the latter because that guy was jusy annoying) will come into play based on the first chapter with that guy saying the age of ninja is over.

I actually would find it amusing if Gods were the main threat throughout but the final threat ended up being someone trying to rid the Ninja system, see it going that way as of now.

I'm definitely assuming Kawaki isn't a ninja per se; though with that said, he also has the same markings Boruto will grow to have. Given the most recent chapter, I'm guessing that means he'll also be defeating a God at some point (assuming the marking Boruto now has is a direct result of that).

Either way, ninja vs. technology is definitely going to be a central theme, if that opening scene is any indication. And I wouldn't be surprised if Katasuke has a role to play in that.

Red and Blue
28th February 2017, 2:28 AM
I'm definitely assuming Kawaki isn't a ninja per se; though with that said, he also has the same markings Boruto will grow to have. Given the most recent chapter, I'm guessing that means he'll also be defeating a God at some point (assuming the marking Boruto now has is a direct result of that).

Either way, ninja vs. technology is definitely going to be a central theme, if that opening scene is any indication. And I wouldn't be surprised if Katasuke has a role to play in that.

Wouldn't that "God" Kawaki defeated be Naruto? Naruto does have the sage's power and was implied to have been beaten (or killed) by him.

Yce288
2nd March 2017, 8:03 PM
There will be 7 episodes about the novel of The Hidden Leaf:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2017/03/naruto-shippuden-leaf-story-to-conclude-with-episode-500/

Mrs. Oreo
13th March 2017, 2:18 AM
I liked how Boruto mentioned not wanting to become Hokage in the newest chapter and how Sarada was shocked when he mentioned that she'd be more suitable. Boruto getting that mark on his palm from Momoshiki is a clearly a bad omen however.

Red and Blue
13th March 2017, 5:13 AM
https://youtu.be/5JJ2b4ZsCw0

Teaser for the boruto anime

CyberBlaziken
13th March 2017, 6:06 AM
Boruto Movie dub is out. Boruto's voice sounded awful.
Really hard to believe that's the best they could find.

UltimateNinja
23rd March 2017, 2:05 PM
And it's over. Going to miss Shippuden even after tons of fillers. At least there's still Boruto going on.

CyberBlaziken
23rd March 2017, 5:35 PM
I mean, I was upset when the manga ended, but the anime was still running then. Now it feels real.

Mrs. Oreo
30th March 2017, 1:38 AM
https://youtu.be/5JJ2b4ZsCw0

Teaser for the boruto anime

I'm not too excited for the new series, tho the preview looked fun. It just seems like the Boruto anime will lean more toward comedy than action, which is fine for some viewers I guess but I just think a serious plot would be more appropriate. ^^;

uber gon
30th March 2017, 5:01 PM
Guess it makes sense for Naruto and Shikadai to hang out. That's kind of new. Hope this series takes place after the movie, though.

Red and Blue
31st March 2017, 11:04 PM
http://readms.net/r/boruto/011/4149/1

Finally! New content

Mr. Reloaded
1st April 2017, 1:09 AM
F***, I hate scanslations and their needless added swearing, it does not make for a pleasurable reading experience whatsoever lmao.

Anywho. This chapter is relatively decent, I still don't like this art especially when it comes to the way the faces are drawn.

Also meta playing cards! Like what? lmao

Red and Blue
1st April 2017, 1:46 AM
Sarada's outfit is not age appropriate. I don't understand why they changed her design in Gaiden

XxNightmareZoroarkxX
1st April 2017, 2:31 PM
F***, I hate scanslations and their needless added swearing, it does not make for a pleasurable reading experience whatsoever lmao.

Anywho. This chapter is relatively decent, I still don't like this art especially when it comes to the way the faces are drawn.

Also meta playing cards! Like what? lmao
So the swearing is added by fans. I saw one of MYH and it made Bakagou swear and say the F bomb so much. Also remember them doing that for Naruto which is why I just use the SJ app even if it means reading chapters later.

diakyu
1st April 2017, 7:21 PM
Pretty sure the cussing is put there because the character is actually speaking very crudely, so they chose to translate it as cuss words since finding an english equivalent is difficult. Characters like Bakugou or Boruto cussing doesn't seem that out of character to me, especially Bakugou lol.

Yce288
2nd April 2017, 10:27 AM
Guess it makes sense for Naruto and Shikadai to hang out. That's kind of new. Hope this series takes place after the movie, though.
Boruto seems to be in the Academy in the anime and i guess the first episode will cover chapter 700 so there will a lot of fillers until there will be a big gap between the manga and the anime.
by the way, Shojoji looks like Kawaki then maybe it wont take that much time as i thought until we'll reach Kawaki.

Red and Blue
5th April 2017, 10:28 PM
So based on the first episode, Boruto's eye in the future isn't the Byakugan but the Tenseigan from The Last. Interesting

Caseydia
10th April 2017, 12:38 AM
Sarada's outfit is not age appropriate. I don't understand why they changed her design in Gaiden

It's not that it's not appropriate, it's that it's the wrong type of style for a series like this. Kishi has never gave his girls too much of a short skirt without some sort of pants or shorts underneath. So this seems weird for this style of series.

UltimateNinja
12th April 2017, 3:55 PM
So Boruto episode 2 came out today.

Iwabe vs Boruto was actually a pretty good fight for those early days. Not one of those mere seconds battle, but it felt more like Naruto vs Kiba (the arena also was pretty similiar to the Chunin exam indoor arena ). Also all the characters including Inojin (<3), Denki and the girls were interesting.

Sumire is also Hinata 2.0, but not that shy. She even shows a slight crush on Boruto. If she becomes a real character in the manga, then I smell another shipping war.

Sarada wears that shitty outfit from the newest manga chapter *Blurgh*

Red and Blue
12th April 2017, 4:19 PM
Having a second love interest besides Sarada a really bad idea. Especially since the love triangle in the first series divided the fanbase.

Mr. Reloaded
12th April 2017, 4:39 PM
Having a second love interest besides Sarada a really bad idea. Especially since the love triangle in the first series divided the fanbase.

And were poorly written from the start.

magma grunt edu
14th April 2017, 1:23 AM
Is there a boruto thread? Or is this like the DB thread?

After watching the first 2 episodes and not reading the manga, i'm excited for boruto. Shippuden's filler got so bad to me that i stopped watching the anime altogether and finished the manga from where i was in the anime and read that special boruto colored issue. Here's my first impressions on boruto:

Before anything, loved seeing the uzumaki family in the opening. I was a big fan of naruhina and seeing the 4 in their home was so heartwarming. The flashforward was, much like shippuden's, interesting and exciting and unlike shippuden's, it has world building to do until we get there. I was expecting sarada to be prominently featured in these couple episodes but they are actually building the "tech kid" (i'll get the other's names eventually). Hopefully we'll see him also fighting but i'm not seeing it for now. I like ino and sai's son and metal lee is the best name of the history of naruto. Looking forward to what kishimoto can do with the world he built.

Question, is the class rep daughter of a naruto character? i would say she's anko's kid but anko's too old (and man did she left herself go). Another possibility is that she's ino and sai's kid as well but purple hair wouldn't be spontaneous would it?

Yce288
19th April 2017, 3:28 PM
The anime expands about Boruto's dōjutsu so the current fillers are enjoyable and next episode will be a battle between Boruto and Sarada, i wonder how the anime will handle that.

magma grunt edu
20th April 2017, 9:38 PM
This was a nice episode. boruto is starting nicely. metal's a funny guy with huge potential. Only 1 more of the main cast to present.

uber gon
3rd May 2017, 2:07 AM
They're really going to have us ship Boruto and Sarada, aren't they? And the Daimiyo's so is going to save his Dad at some point.

Mrs. Oreo
4th May 2017, 1:28 AM
The previous Boruto chapter was pretty cool. I liked how we saw Sasuke talking with Boruto about the strange mark on his hand, plus seeing Sarada fighting the thieves was cool until Boruto showed up ha ha. I also liked the trading card game scene. :]

magma grunt edu
4th May 2017, 1:46 AM
I'm not reading the manga so, where is kurenai's kid? we should have seen him in the anime by now right?

Mr. Reloaded
4th May 2017, 3:10 AM
I'm not reading the manga so, where is kurenai's kid? we should have seen him in the anime by now right?

She.

With the anime being in a prequel of sorts I'd imagine they want to wait a bit on cameos like that. She's appeared in the manga like once lol.

Blue Saturday
4th May 2017, 3:36 AM
Gotta say, this was my first formal introduction to the "Next Generation" and I'm loving how the ideals of being a ninja in the series have somewhat gone from a life-or-death thing to more a disciplined and natural way of life. I also am fond of how they've taken care to at least not make the children straight up expys of their parents through and through. So far I'm feeling Sarada, Inojin, and Iwabe.

magma grunt edu
4th May 2017, 9:24 AM
She.

With the anime being in a prequel of sorts I'd imagine they want to wait a bit on cameos like that. She's appeared in the manga like once lol.

Wow, and i thought she would be prominently featured. i guess they wanted to start as fresh as possible.

Gotta say, this was my first formal introduction to the "Next Generation" and I'm loving how the ideals of being a ninja in the series have somewhat gone from a life-or-death thing to more a disciplined and natural way of life. I also am fond of how they've taken care to at least not make the children straight up expys of their parents through and through. So far I'm feeling Sarada, Inojin, and Iwabe.

It's cool to see that their world has evolved and so has the ninjas. So much so that ninjutsu training is optional, from what i understood from the first episode.

I'm sad every time i see the opening when boruto doesn't high five naruto. I know he doesn't have almost any time for his family but for what we know he did in the past...kids are the worst :p

uber gon
6th May 2017, 5:37 AM
Really hope Sarada doesn't have to deal with too many conflicts from people who don't want an Uchiha Hokage. And with a name like"Wicked Eye", I kind of want to know if Sasuke's Dad knew any jutsu unique to him.

CyberBlaziken
9th May 2017, 6:49 AM
Did Naruto ever end up reaching Jonin class?

magma grunt edu
11th May 2017, 2:19 AM
Did Naruto ever end up reaching Jonin class?

i don't think he did. :D

next episode i hope we get more plot on the shadow thing. Looks like a more laid back episode than this one. Shino is still an awesome ninja.

Yce288
11th May 2017, 3:42 PM
Here's the schedule for May:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2017/05/boruto-naruto-next-generations-may-2017-schedule/

magma grunt edu
18th May 2017, 1:53 AM
so mitsuki is not responsible for the possessions. This was an extra creepy episode but it was cute to see cho-cho making some sense in that guy's head.

Mrs. Oreo
31st May 2017, 1:15 AM
I liked how we saw even more focus on the card game in the latest chapter and how Boruto didn't want to accept the rare card from the daimyo's son for free. The daimyo's son's butler being evil surprised me however. Pretty cool twist. :]

uber gon
31st May 2017, 10:58 PM
So are both the manga and show canon? Because I'm starting to prefer the one with Hyuga family interaction.

magma grunt edu
1st June 2017, 12:36 AM
wow, the hyuga are amazing. i'm glad we got to see more of the clan. I wanna see more of them in the future.

Mr. Reloaded
1st June 2017, 1:14 AM
So are both the manga and show canon? Because I'm starting to prefer the one with Hyuga family interaction.

From what I understand yes. The anime is just in a prequel state until Kodachi has an outline that he can send to the anime staff.

It'll basically be Dragon Ball Super, only with not as many changes from manga to anime.

uber gon
1st June 2017, 2:39 AM
So Hinata's Dad knows about Himawari manifesting her Byakugan. And most likely the fact that she also caused Naruto to miss his Hokage ceremony. There should be a special about that.

And if the show does take place after the movie, then the fact that Boruto defeated a GOD should probably have people concerned about him. Maybe cause a Danzo 2.0 to appear.

Yce288
1st June 2017, 1:41 PM
So Hinata's Dad knows about Himawari manifesting her Byakugan. And most likely the fact that she also caused Naruto to miss his Hokage ceremony. There should be a special about that.

And if the show does take place after the movie, then the fact that Boruto defeated a GOD should probably have people concerned about him. Maybe cause a Danzo 2.0 to appear.

The anime doesnt take place after the movie because Boruto took The Chūnin Exams in the movie whereas he started attending the Academy in the second episode.

uber gon
1st June 2017, 8:08 PM
The anime doesnt take place after the movie because Boruto took The Chūnin Exams in the movie whereas he started attending the Academy in the second episode.

Oh. Gonna be interesting to see Hyuga family interactions that take place after the movie.

Mrs. Oreo
2nd June 2017, 12:56 AM
I always felt that the Hyuga clan was wasted potential in the manga cuz apart from the Chunin Exam arc, we hardly got to see the clan as a whole in action in the first half. Then when the second half of the manga began, we didn't get to see much of Hinata or Neji, and then when Neji eventually did do stuff during the war he ended up dying. :[

uber gon
5th June 2017, 12:13 PM
And in the manga it's revealed that Naruto could have had an awesome shapeshifting jutsu from the beginning rather than Shadow Clones. He'd just have to commit an act of cannibalism to use the technique.

magma grunt edu
8th June 2017, 12:15 AM
awww that little moment with hinata and naruto watching boruto sleeping. It melted my heart.

Mrs. Oreo
8th June 2017, 2:13 AM
Wow the kidnapper's transformation jutsu in the new Boruto chapter seemed gruesome, like the kind of thing Orochimaru might've used hee hee. I liked when Boruto visited Sarada as well, tho I wish she had gone with him to save the kid.

magma grunt edu
15th June 2017, 12:50 AM
Good to see that boruto and co will be involved in the plot, dealing with the threat. The ape looked like an evil version of emma, sarutobi's summon.

Yce288
15th June 2017, 3:01 PM
Chapter 13 of Boruto is out:
http://readms.net/r/boruto/013/4321/1

Wednesdayz
17th June 2017, 4:58 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the Boruto anime doesn't follow the source material at the moment, isn't the series essentially filler? Like, why do people even watch it? I had enough filler in Naruto Flashbacksevery2minutesden, I mean Shippuden.

UltimateNinja
21st June 2017, 2:29 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the Boruto anime doesn't follow the source material at the moment, isn't the series essentially filler? Like, why do people even watch it? I had enough filler in Naruto Flashbacksevery2minutesden, I mean Shippuden.

It's all original content for the anime, which builds up characters until the start of the Chunin exams (which is also the start of the manga). Pretty much a prequel right now as the "introduction" arc for what comes later in the manga.

Like they splitted the story and one part is the manga and the other is the anime. It's pretty much cannon.

Aduro
21st June 2017, 3:09 PM

Pretty much. The plot and dialogue are like the filler arcs and its not going to influene the plot of the Boruto manga. Its just a filler with nicer animation.

magma grunt edu
21st June 2017, 8:29 PM
i'm enjoying it so far. Looks like the class rep. is more than she shows. I wasn't expecting that at all.

Yce288
22nd June 2017, 4:08 PM
There are actually novels that covers the anime's plot so i wouldnt call it filler:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2017/06/boruto-naruto-next-generations-novel-2-on-july-4/

diakyu
23rd June 2017, 9:08 AM
Hard to call this filler when it's Mitsuki's introduction arc and Boruto learning about his eye. Once they start referencing the ghost incident in regards to Boruto's eye in the manga people will be all "the heck are they on about" if they only watched the movie and read the manga. Not to mention the episode after the next one is kind of a big deal in regards to the overall plot including the manga.

CyberBlaziken
26th June 2017, 1:28 AM
Really enjoyed last episode. This arc has been a little slow, but looks like things are picking up.

magma grunt edu
28th June 2017, 4:48 PM
did boruto do the teleport jutsu or was it the class rep? I'll be surprised if he can turn her around since she lived for revenge.

UltimateNinja
28th June 2017, 6:34 PM
So talk no jutsu next episode? I am sure Boruto will change her mind to the good. Hope she doesn't die because Sumire has so much potential after this arc. It would be a big waste.

Also I don't really thing that Boruto's Tenseigan(?) made this Kamui kind of thing.

diakyu
28th June 2017, 9:37 PM
did boruto do the teleport jutsu or was it the class rep? I'll be surprised if he can turn her around since she lived for revenge.
Definitely looked like Boruto's eye activated to bring Nue to them.Very surprised Mitsuki didn't go there with them, seemed like the perfect opportunity to tease his sage transformation. Boruto better hope he inherited the talk no jutsu or he's dead.

In other news, some of the ost released and it certainly seems like The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring is getting adapted as Sarada has a few tracks of her own in it.

michael147
29th June 2017, 6:46 AM
Who knows if Sumire appears in Boruto the Movie?
If not, it is likely she will be deceased or removed from anime.

diakyu
29th June 2017, 7:28 AM
Who knows if Sumire appears in Boruto the Movie?
If not, it is likely she will be deceased or removed from anime.
Characters like Iwabe, Denki, and Sumire are not in Boruto the movie at all. It is likely though that if they adapt the movie they will add these characters. It goes back to what I was talking about, they want the anime to be the full package so we should be expecting them to adapt the movie with the characters added in the anime and the changes the manga writer brought.

UltimateNinja
29th June 2017, 10:03 PM
It wouldn't even make sense for them to remove the new characters after fifteen episodes already. Sumire dying or something else would also be a bad decision. The cast without the new characters was already to small for a "next generation" with seven and Metal Lee also had a team with no names in the movie. Together with the new characters, we have twelve Konoha main characters, the exact same as Naruto. Even Sumire dying would be a bad decision, not only it would create a hole for the team building. it would also make all the other new characters like Iwabe, Denki, Wasabi and Namida look more like some "why they even exist" characters, especially the later two.

I predict for them to rewrite the movie with adding all the new characters (and expanding those second long fights) and later on adding those characters in the manga. It's probably because they started with the movie already in the manga that they're doing this "introduction" arc to introduce all (old+new) characters.

I still expect the worst.

Mrs. Oreo
4th July 2017, 1:18 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the Boruto anime doesn't follow the source material at the moment, isn't the series essentially filler?

I've watched most of the Boruto episodes so far and even tho the series has its own plot that isn't directly tied to the manga, I like it. I hated Shippuden's fillers as well, but the Boruto anime's plot isn't as bad and actually has decent writers. ^^

UltimateNinja
4th July 2017, 10:46 AM
I would even say Boruto's Ghost incident arc > Naruto's Zabuza arc if the next episode hits the nail and Sumire won't die.

Also a big thumps up for her getting more character development than all previous female protagonists.

UltimateNinja
5th July 2017, 11:47 AM
The shipping war officially started.

Sumire survived and still appears in the next episode. The ending also included all the important academy students including Iwabe,Sumire,Denki,Namida and Wasabi. Since Gaiden starts soon, it's probably more or less safe now that they're indeed the next Konoha twelve.

Strong episode today. Animation top, fighting top, emotions top and a hell of a shipping episode. I like Sumire more than Sarada now (so much potential), so I like the direction they're going.

If there's no crap happening in the next episode, then this arc gets a 8.5/10. The last five-six episodes really skyrocked my my impression.

magma grunt edu
5th July 2017, 5:37 PM
That was an easier time than i thought. Boruto's talk no jutsu is a strong as his father's. I thought sumire wasn't gonna change but i'm happy she did and that she's still a member of the cast. The ending was a little strange to me. The music was great but what they chose to show was just the rehash of this arc. Will we see this ending's animation throughout the 2nd arc or will this just be a one off and next episode we get to the normal ED? I think i never saw a new ending appear right at the end of an arc and it was all about said arc.

Overall this first introduction arc was good and i'm happy with our main cast.

diakyu
5th July 2017, 8:49 PM
An episode title in August is "Uchiha Sarada", so basically Gaiden starts next month.

Wednesdayz
5th July 2017, 11:12 PM
Sarada is like the only character I care about, and that's only because she's an Uchiha. :x

Mrs. Oreo
6th July 2017, 1:04 AM
Sarada is like the only character I care about, and that's only because she's an Uchiha. :x

She's my favourite ninja from Boruto's team, tho not cuz of her heritage. I got sick of the Sharingan in Naruto Shippuden honestly ha ha, so I'm not looking forward to how her Sharingan will inevitably be overly-glorified at some point.

diakyu
6th July 2017, 5:13 AM
I've started to be a big fan of Mitsuki after these last two episodes. That boy is a savage.

magma grunt edu
12th July 2017, 8:52 PM
Now that's and ending. With sarada's story the ED has way much more impact. Can't wait for that to come. Also i'm glad the class rep stayed.

Is it just me or was there a kind of death note vibe from the end of this episode? Like the shinigami were talking about the world of the living and it's rules. I loved that.

Mrs. Oreo
13th July 2017, 1:11 AM
I was glad that Boruto combined his lightning nature into his shuriken in the new chapter cuz it at least made him seem slightly different from his dad. The teamwork shown between him and Tentou was decent as well even if it was a small thing.

UltimateNinja
13th July 2017, 11:17 AM
Manga Chapter 14:

-Shojoji already being down is pretty akward. But maybe there's another fight
-Boruto's lightning shuriken was cool
-Tentou seems to be a neat character
-It seems like Boruto is more confident here than in the movie.

Anime episode 15

-Team building was hinted here. Ino-Shika-Cho and Boruto's team was obvious. More and more hints for Metal to have Iwabe&Denki in the team and the three girls building one team.
-Sumire staying (thanks god) and that last scene with her was heartwarming
-Shino getting once more some screentime.
-NaruSasu scene was good
-Toneri confirming Boruto's eye to be the named the "Jougan".
-The Momoshiki&Kinshiki scene was beatifully animated and it was really impressing. Also it just felt like the debut scene of Vegeta&Nappa in DBZ so much.
-Gaiden staff coming soon. Prefered the first version of the ending.

Good ending to the arc and the arc in generell was actually quite good compared to what we got in the second half of Shippuuden.

Wednesdayz
16th July 2017, 4:55 AM
Shojoji's (is that the fat dude's name?) Fuuton jutsu was kinda cool, but I swear Boruto's clone spam and Rasengan makes him way too much like his dad...

Mrs. Oreo
17th July 2017, 1:42 AM
but I swear Boruto's clone spam and Rasengan makes him way too much like his dad...

I thought that his special shuriken jutsu was actually meant to showcase how Boruto isn't simply a copy of his dad. Granted, he's using Shadow Clones which was Naruto's main jutsu, but at least Boruto's capable of using his own original strategies too.

nel3
17th July 2017, 8:52 AM
just so im clear, i lost 90% of my interest in the Naruto series quite a while ago. i really started waning halfway tru the great ninja war in shipuden anime where the character bloat got really bad. im not gonna go to far to explain the endless and consecutive fillers they put in..... im not trying to bash or insult the series but had they learned anything from the Naruto series or is it the same formula as the previous series? i guess they're still filler crazy as before? the fillers really got to me in the series quite a bit.

i made it to ep 378 in the shipuden anime many months ago and havent gotten back to it. its unclear if i'll ever complete the shipuden anime but thats not the big point here. i might one day see the last non-filler eps in the series if im bored enough to bother doing so. i doubt i'll ever look into boruto but im just curious if they changed up the formula up a bit.

diakyu
17th July 2017, 11:52 AM
i made it to ep 378 in the shipuden anime many months ago and havent gotten back to it. its unclear if i'll ever complete the shipuden anime but thats not the big point here. i might one day see the last non-filler eps in the series if im bored enough to bother doing so. i doubt i'll ever look into boruto but im just curious if they changed up the formula up a bit.
The closest comparison you have with Boruto in regards to the rest of the series is that it's reminiscent of a lot of part 1. There's a large focus on the kids at school and we will eventually shift to the normal ninja team stuff. The anime doesn't really have filler because everything in the anime is completely new, there is no material that has been adapted from something else until the upcoming Gaiden arc.

I became pretty jaded on Naruto but Boruto really brought me back for the record.

nel3
17th July 2017, 5:30 PM
The closest comparison you have with Boruto in regards to the rest of the series is that it's reminiscent of a lot of part 1. There's a large focus on the kids at school and we will eventually shift to the normal ninja team stuff. The anime doesn't really have filler because everything in the anime is completely new, there is no material that has been adapted from something else until the upcoming Gaiden arc.

I became pretty jaded on Naruto but Boruto really brought me back for the record.

thanks, i know the new manga is still in its early times so it shouldnt have too many fillers. the first few seasons of Naruto were pretty damn good until the fillers started coming in.

at this point i cant fathom jumping into the new ninja anime as i dont have the time. i also just dont want to be led on like the previous series where no patience for the manga side led to catch up. atleast i only have 51 more eps of shipuden to see (2 of them being filler). the way they handled shipuden anime was not ideal. lets just say they were salivating to put in some filler eps at every chance.

Wednesdayz
17th July 2017, 10:54 PM
thanks, i know the new manga is still in its early times so it shouldnt have too many fillers. the first few seasons of Naruto were pretty damn good until the fillers started coming in.

at this point i cant fathom jumping into the new ninja anime as i dont have the time. i also just dont want to be led on like the previous series where no patience for the manga side led to catch up. atleast i only have 51 more eps of shipuden to see (2 of them being filler). the way they handled shipuden anime was not ideal. lets just say they were salivating to put in some filler eps at every chance.

You may as well not even watch Boruto since it's technically filler. Decent filler compared to Shippuden's filler, but still filler nonetheless.

diakyu
18th July 2017, 12:23 AM
You may as well not even watch Boruto since it's technically filler. Decent filler compared to Shippuden's filler, but still filler nonetheless.
It really isn't. We just got a showcase of what Boruto's eye can do and we were given it's name yet people still thinks this is filler? The arc that is also Mitsuki's introduction to the village arc?

nel3
18th July 2017, 8:26 AM
for the most part i dont have too many issues with fillers in other series but those series that live off it cause severe allergic reactions when i watch them. even with the boruto anime, im just not up for a ninja school anime at this point. i doubt i'll miss the series, shippuden did too much damage to its rep for me to get back into the successor series.

UltimateNinja
18th July 2017, 3:19 PM
Watch it. It's actually good.

I don't know why the hell some are thinking it is filler, when the new characters appear in the novels, a lot of things that are relevant to the plot happens (Boruto's doujutsu, Mitsuki's debut, the important things in the last two episodes (can't tell that much without mentioning spoiler), there being plot strings which didn't appeared in the movie (like who appeared in episode 15) and them setting up some necessary changes (like Metal getting a team without those no-name characters from the movie). And especially there's I would say important development for the characters (including Boruto). And well Kishimot and Kodachi said that the anime is canon to the plot.

The first fifteen episodes are ment to introduce the characters and to build up some basics. If you call this filler arc, then Zabuza's arc is even more filler, since this arc actually have more minor things probably resulting into more plot strings later in the future. Not to mention that ALL of the new Konoha main characters are superior to Naruto's main characters in any way. May it be the depth of their characters, their power or them being more likable (well except you are really into bratty characters).

Really I would say Boruto's start is stronger than Naruto's. It's not as dark as Naruto's first fifteen episodes, but that's the only thing.

nel3
18th July 2017, 7:28 PM
its really doubtful i'll ever see boruto for the reasons previously stated in my past posts here. the way they handled shipuden really turned me off from the series, its actually a chore to even consider finishing off the last 50 non filler eps from shipudden anime. its also a series/interest exhaustion thing for me, i just want to see a decent ending to the series and move onto different anime at this point. at this point i find it enjoyable to watch series with a medium sized character pool. while those with huge list of characters are equally enjoyable in other aspects it does have its own downfalls ie bleach and the naruto series.

i just got too many other things to do ie other anime, those darn pokemon games, 10 books that i need to read and just life in general. it might turn out boruto ends up being better than previous anime but it not on my radar at this point.

Mrs. Oreo
19th July 2017, 1:18 AM
even with the boruto anime, im just not up for a ninja school anime at this point. i doubt i'll miss the series, shippuden did too much damage to its rep for me to get back into the successor series.

The cast of the Boruto anime is its strongest point right now from my perspective cuz it gives off a feeling of freshness than Shippuden lacked. But I don't think you'd miss much in terms of action or storytelling if you skip it since those attributes are still kind of weak at this point and not everyone has the patience to see it improve.

nel3
19th July 2017, 1:52 AM
The cast of the Boruto anime is its strongest point right now from my perspective cuz it gives off a feeling of freshness than Shippuden lacked. But I don't think you'd miss much in terms of action or storytelling if you skip it since those attributes are still kind of weak at this point and not everyone has the patience to see it improve.

i just saw ep 379-381 and remembered why it was such a chore to see that anime. that aside i dont mind focus on the characters but im not a fan of battle dragging on. at this point i dont know if i have the patience to wait on boruto but i did much enjoy the chunin exams. if they have a decent amount of exciting battles with a reasonable pace then id consider it.

i will criticize boruto for a bit here without even seeing the series at this point but im just going off what i saw happen in the previous series. i do know that this is a successor series and the new main cast has a bunch OP abilities the new gen has inherited from their parents. i find the combos to serve some overhype and also impede the future story as they ll need to go more over the top when push comes to shove.

it also seems like there will be a rather large cast which could cause for long battles where half the cast is just standing around for their turn at times. i dont mind 3 battles going at the same time but anymore is just too much.

these are just 2 reasons why i'll pass on the anime for the time being. i dont know at this point if these 2 situations will occur later on in the series but i'd rather pass on the anime atm and find out later on that they avoided the issues they had with the previous series.

Wednesdayz
19th July 2017, 3:07 AM
I'm not really getting the love for Mitsuki tbh. While I like his design somewhat, most of his jutsu are a copy of Orochimaru's, which I saw enough of with Kabuto, Anko, and Sasuke. His Sage Mode design in that special chapter was lit, though.

Mrs. Oreo
20th July 2017, 1:21 AM
I can understand why Mitsuki's jutsu seem kind of unoriginal, tho then again it's not like Boruto or Sarada's known jutsu so far are that much better either ha ha. I do hope we'll see more of Mitsuki's snake Sage Mode in the future however. ^^

magma grunt edu
26th July 2017, 8:38 PM
I liked this episode, focused on sarada. Simple plot but enjoyable. Now next week, finally something i really want to see. A life in the uzumaki household.

UltimateNinja
27th July 2017, 1:45 AM
Not very exciting episode. There wasn't really anything major despite some subtle Sarada and Sakura moments.

Next week is the OVA episode. Excited to see the other ten minutes of original content before we move onto Gaiden *urgh*

magma grunt edu
2nd August 2017, 4:35 PM
wow himawari is strong. Knocked naruto in 1 hit. I liked the bonding with naruto and boruto in this one.

UltimateNinja
2nd August 2017, 10:19 PM
Episode was okay. Second half was the more interesting one since it had new content. Glad to see some Naruto&Boruto interactions. Iwabe appearing for some seconds was pretty cool and was actually the first "retcon" of the stuff happened before the anime. Hinata was boss in this episode and it felt really heartwarming at some parts.

But three episodes without best girl Sumire. It's pretty common for the series to not show important characters for months, but I want to see more of her so badly.
Glad for Gaiden to be only six episodes long.

Mrs. Oreo
6th August 2017, 12:26 AM
I'm eager to see the Sarada gaiden chapters animated in the Boruto anime, although it wasn't that good of a story now that I look back. I mean Shin was an underwhelming villain and I'm also a bit upset that Suigetsu and Karin ended up working for Orochimaru instead of finding their own paths.

UltimateNinja
7th August 2017, 9:32 PM
I'm eager to see the Sarada gaiden chapters animated in the Boruto anime, although it wasn't that good of a story now that I look back. I mean Shin was an underwhelming villain and I'm also a bit upset that Suigetsu and Karin ended up working for Orochimaru instead of finding their own paths.

Yes Gaiden was crappy written mess. Thought they would expand the story more but knowing how long the arc will last, it probably won't happen.

Now waiting for some Genin arc where we see more of the anime characters.

magma grunt edu
10th August 2017, 1:14 AM
well, this episode was straight up following the manga except for mizuki's appearance. Still, how dumb is cho-cho really, what a stupid reason for her to join sarada on the journey. But at least she was the one who made sarada go in the first place.

Yce288
10th August 2017, 8:07 AM
well, this episode was straight up following the manga except for mizuki's appearance. Still, how dumb is cho-cho really, what a stupid reason for her to join sarada on the journey. But at least she was the one who made sarada go in the first place.
Mitsuki did appeared in the manga as well.
anyway, here's the schedule for August:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2017/08/boruto-naruto-next-generations-august-2017-schedule-the-new-arc-begins/

magma grunt edu
14th August 2017, 2:39 AM
Mitsuki did appeared in the manga as well.

I stand corrected. I read it a long time ago.

uber gon
14th August 2017, 9:28 PM
So we'll get to see the Naruto/Kurama Talk no Jutsu animated. Neat.

UltimateNinja
14th August 2017, 10:51 PM
So we'll get to see the Naruto/Kurama Talk no Jutsu animated. Neat.

I don't know which scene you're trying to point out, but if you mean the Naruto&Sarada scene, then yes, I can't wait to see a starting conflict getting immidiately closed by one of Naruto's famous speeches...

CyberBlaziken
19th August 2017, 8:59 AM
Naruto now uses just Tailed Beast Mode right? And not the Six Paths version?

Mr. Reloaded
19th August 2017, 5:04 PM
Naruto now uses just Tailed Beast Mode right? And not the Six Paths version?

Yes. That power is long gone.

uber gon
21st August 2017, 8:36 PM
Well at least more of Konoha's higher-ups know of Boruto's seal. Now someone tell Naruto. I want to see Kurama get overprotective.:)

magma grunt edu
6th September 2017, 2:46 PM
That was a good conclusion to this little arc. Now sarada has decided, she wants to become the hokage. Maybe we'll get an hokage couple in the end of the series.

UltimateNinja
7th September 2017, 1:18 AM
Episode had good animation and redeemed the arc at the end animation wise (since the other four episodes either had decent or bad animation).

Some details here and there added and removed. Plot as shitty as in the manga. Good adaption though, but there's a Mist Village arc coming up soon, so i am glad we're already over with Gaiden.

uber gon
12th September 2017, 2:14 AM
Nice to see Naruto and Boruto actually bonding.:)

CyberBlaziken
13th September 2017, 11:27 PM
Fun episode.
I liked the fact the ret-conned the epilogue for Naruto here, especially the Gokage Summit addressing the conflict to come in the future.

UltimateNinja
14th September 2017, 8:16 AM
Okay Boruto and Sarada relationship episode. Rather boring plot and the fight wasn't really good. Hyped for the Kirigakure excursion arc.

magma grunt edu
5th October 2017, 12:27 PM
Eh, the new OP and ED aren't as good. I'm sure they'll grow on me but it's autumn season, not summer and the OP screams summer season to me. I'm liking the blood mist arc so far, we have 4rth misukage's descendant and someone of the kisame tribe. And i like that little tidbit that mostly only kunoichi can sober themselves after drinking alcoholic beverages.

UltimateNinja
7th October 2017, 12:54 PM
I like the OP and ED. Both became pretty quickly my favorites.

I also like how they're handling Iwabe in this arc. Really made me feel connected to his character.

UltimateNinja
13th October 2017, 2:29 PM
New chapter came out

WTF AO IS STILL ALIVE?!!!!!!!

How was that even possible to escape that Juubi nuke? Now he's half cyborg and needs escort help.

Mitsuki "hugging" Boruto like that was weird. Also chapter mentions the current anime arc making it more look like canon.

diakyu
13th October 2017, 4:35 PM
The chapter also makes reference to the arc we're in now with the anime. So we can put that filler argument to rest.

uber gon
14th October 2017, 4:10 AM
So at the very least Naruto has some suspicion that Boruto has weird powers, now.

UltimateNinja
17th November 2017, 9:44 PM
Chapter 18:

HOLY SH*******! The best ever female character in the Narutoverse got into the manga!

Waited for this since months and now I am more than happy to see her. Even better for my dream ship in the future. Just hope she didn't gave up to be a fighting kunoichi and that research thing to be a hobby she did during the Chunin exam.

Inuzuka Akita is new waifu. I wonder if she's somehow related to Kiba since they're in the same clan.

Kotosuke actually was quite a friendly character and that bit at the end where Boruto forgives him with his reaction to that was slightly touching.

The fight was decent, even if Sarada pretty much got a free win thanks to the flash gadget.

Overall it didn't contributed to much to the plot. But I think the chapter was rather ment to finally introduce Sumire into the manga together with a new character being Akita. But the monthly release is the problem here. If this chapter was splitted into two and the manga being weekly, then everything would be fine, but now it's kinda slow.

uber gon
20th November 2017, 3:29 AM
So the cartoon and manga are both canon. And before Boruto defeated a god, he prevented a bloody coup. Neat. Now I want to see where the other supporting characters are at.