PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The end is here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109

Horoika1
18th March 2009, 10:57 PM
Guess I was wrong. This chapter is just having the characters know what we already know from a loooooooooooong time ago. And it also sets the stage for the Final Battle vs Pein.

uber gon
18th March 2009, 11:37 PM
Not that he didn't deserve it, but still...right in the gut. :(

I'm betting the Kyuubi is gonna be smiling after this.

What if Naruto is PERMANENTLY stuck in Sage Mode after all this?

Electivirus
19th March 2009, 12:04 AM
I'm betting the Kyuubi is gonna be smiling after this.

What if Naruto is PERMANENTLY stuck in Sage Mode after all this?

I don't think there'll be a huge difference. He's got, what, different eyes and that's it?

Gentleman Skeleton
19th March 2009, 3:48 AM
Alright, here are a few spoilers:

Naruto gets ****** off at Minato and punches him out.

Minato explains some of the events that happened 16 years ago as well as knowing that someone is pulling Pain's strings.

He knows about Madara and the Kyuubi. He starts to explain about the Kuromaku (Black Curtain) organization within Akatsuki. The front cover has the Yondaime jacket as well as two men with Madara's mask.

Alright, I may be wrong with the last part. the term Kuromaku might be referring to a puppeteer and not an organization within Akatsuki.

uber gon
19th March 2009, 3:58 AM
I don't think there'll be a huge difference. He's got, what, different eyes and that's it?

Yeah, but I bet certain "romantic" actions may hurt whichever female marries Naruto.:p

HoennMaster
19th March 2009, 5:41 AM
What a touching reunion. Naruto meets his father for the first time and punches him. LOL.

Sounds like we are getting Akatsuki background as well, cool.

uber gon
19th March 2009, 8:30 PM
**** is SO going to go down now. Wonder if Naruto will showcase some new jutsu Sasuke style?

Mobile Suit Pilot
19th March 2009, 8:42 PM
Well, form what I sa in that picture, that was a pretty d!ck move on naruto's part...I mean what's his justifiable reason for pucnhing 4th in the gut?

uber gon
19th March 2009, 8:47 PM
Well, form what I sa in that picture, that was a pretty d!ck move on naruto's part...I mean what's his justifiable reason for pucnhing 4th in the gut?

After all the stuff he had to go through while having the fox inside him, wouldn't you be mad? Plus when he heard Gaara's backstory he probably though the 4th had the same intentions.

Mawile XD
19th March 2009, 8:55 PM
Oh, gee, I dunno... Sealing a vicious animal that could kill him inside him, locking his fate into one of misery? It was going to lead to isolation and the Fourth was naive if he thought people would give Naruto a chance. He deserved to get nailed.

uber gon
19th March 2009, 9:06 PM
Oh, gee, I dunno... Sealing a vicious animal that could kill him inside him, locking his fate into one of misery? It was going to lead to isolation and the Fourth was naive if he thought people would give Naruto a chance. He deserved to get nailed.

Guess he wasn't all perfect like he was initially portrayed.

Falco
19th March 2009, 9:16 PM
I'm quite satisfied with the last chapters, but the fact that minato is really naruto's father just proved neji hes was right all along.

Horoika1
19th March 2009, 9:23 PM
According to the spoilers this chapter, it does not seem as interesting.

popsicle
19th March 2009, 9:28 PM
Yeah, its action is going down now. =/

Horoika1
19th March 2009, 9:38 PM
Chapter out on onemanga!

EDIT: Rank UP!

Electivirus
19th March 2009, 9:39 PM
I know I would have.

Lol, though I still wasn't expecting Naruto to FALCON PAWWNCH his dad! xD

A_Merry_Snowrunt
20th March 2009, 1:03 AM
holy crap...it's the Fourth Hokage. Also, he restored the seal of Naruto...does that mean he won't go in 9 tail....and someone was behind all of this?

uber gon
20th March 2009, 1:47 AM
I know I would have.

Lol, though I still wasn't expecting Naruto to FALCON PAWWNCH his dad! xD

Were you expecting a Rasengan?

Horoika1
20th March 2009, 2:11 AM
holy crap...it's the Fourth Hokage. Also, he restored the seal of Naruto...does that mean he won't go in 9 tail....and someone was behind all of this?

Please tell me that that was sarcasm? We have known that someone (Maradar/Tobi) has been behind everything for a looooooooooong time.

Haxon22
20th March 2009, 3:08 AM
Can't wait for the next chapter, at last its coming to an end although next chapter prolly won't be the end of Pain >_>

jiang
20th March 2009, 4:38 AM
^^^ im really looking forward to next chapter. it should have some more of the fight between pain and naruto - and maybe this time, pain is done.

DSDark
20th March 2009, 8:19 AM
the next chapter will be sweet. naruto has confidence, pain's low on charka and naruto's in sage mode. God realm is in trouble.

HoennMaster
20th March 2009, 10:11 AM
I'm just glad it wasn't a cheesy father and son reunion. What a good chapter. I can't wait to see what happens with Pain and Naruto. Plus, now Naruto knows something about Madara. Good chapter.

MidnightMelody
20th March 2009, 1:13 PM
He pwned his dad with his new jutsu "Falco Punch" haha anyway....If Pein does die or at least get beat then you think Tsuande will give Naruto the slot of Hokage or is she alive still? I'm confused on who is dead.

Horoika1
20th March 2009, 2:44 PM
Shizune is dead. Kakashi is dead. A ton of villagers are probably dead. Tsunade may be alive or dead. Depends whether or not Sakura was able to heal her fast enough.

Flash_Step
20th March 2009, 3:10 PM
Well is pein does die then at least naruto might and most likely will tell everyone that his dad is the 4th which means Tsunade will know hes not dead and everyone will stop treating Naruto so wrong....or not lol but back to pein dying.......they will start to look for the person who summoned to Fox(Tobi) and they mite bring saskue back in the equation...

Those are
my Thoughts

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
20th March 2009, 5:00 PM
I think the fact Naruto would end up avenging Konoha would make people hate him less, not because of who his daddy is - besides, I bet all the non-Konoha 11 generation villagers actually know.

Also I was thinking...Minato didn't mention Naruto's mother at all, it was all 'Hey I'm your Dad, btw, the viewers (who don't exist, this r real lol) know this already, but the 9-tails was controlled by Madara, who is actually Tobi and the leader of Akatsuki' instead of talking about his mother at all. I wonder if knowing who his father is will make Naruto curious about his mother....

MidnightMelody
20th March 2009, 5:02 PM
Hinata is alive?

Horoika1
20th March 2009, 5:12 PM
Barely, but she's still breathing.

uber gon
20th March 2009, 7:09 PM
I think the fact Naruto would end up avenging Konoha would make people hate him less, not because of who his daddy is - besides, I bet all the non-Konoha 11 generation villagers actually know.

Also I was thinking...Minato didn't mention Naruto's mother at all, it was all 'Hey I'm your Dad, btw, the viewers (who don't exist, this r real lol) know this already, but the 9-tails was controlled by Madara, who is actually Tobi and the leader of Akatsuki' instead of talking about his mother at all. I wonder if knowing who his father is will make Naruto curious about his mother....

Maybe, maybe we'll find out Kushina has been doing research on Madara as well and is setting up some sort of resistance against him or something.

Horoika1
20th March 2009, 8:23 PM
That'd be pushing it uber gon.

uber gon
21st March 2009, 1:44 AM
That'd be pushing it uber gon.

I thought so.:(

Maybe she's a brainwashed servant of Danzou's.

TsukiMirage
21st March 2009, 2:11 AM
This chapter was so-so. Minato's answer to Naruto's question seems stupid to me. I mean Minato was the Hokage, And he's telling his son to get rid of the ninja system? Well, At least Naruto's in the last stages of the series.

Horoika1
21st March 2009, 2:20 AM
Which is what I have been saying for a long time. We're nearing the end of the series. The Beginning of the End.

Blaziryu
21st March 2009, 5:53 PM
I was kinda disappointed w/ Naruto's conversation w/ his dad. It wasn't dramatic & it was too short. Plus, I thought that the reason why Naruto was the one to be the container of the Kyuubi would be more thrilling than what was stated.

Horoika1
21st March 2009, 8:30 PM
Yes, I have to agree again. The conversation was done hastily and it just had the characters catch up to the present. We already knew everything that was said, so nothing new.

minredd
21st March 2009, 9:29 PM
We didn't know the Kyuubi was controlled by Tobi(or whatever his name is now).

It seems to be nearing the end, but doesn't Naruto still have to stop Tobi(Madara, something like that)? And what happened to Sasuke's plans to attack Konoha with his team after Itachi died? There's still some loose ends to tie up that'll keep it going for a bit longer.

And on a side note, I hope Kabuto comes in again soon. He was mentioned in one of the newest chapters when Sai and Yamato were there, but we haven't seen him yet. I want to know whether the magic Oreo has taken over all of him and wether he's completely off his rocker XD

Horoika1
21st March 2009, 11:21 PM
Yes we did, Itachi said so.

Manga Chapter 386 Pg 11

uber gon
22nd March 2009, 12:01 AM
Wonder how much damage will result in the final battle?

Legerdemain
22nd March 2009, 12:37 AM
Shame.
Stupid 4th Hokage.

I really wanted to see the beginning of the 9th tail.
And then have this whole dramatic scene where Naruto's willpower and love and all that overpower the Kyuubi.

TsukiMirage
22nd March 2009, 12:42 AM
We didn't know the Kyuubi was controlled by Tobi(or whatever his name is now).

It seems to be nearing the end, but doesn't Naruto still have to stop Tobi(Madara, something like that)? And what happened to Sasuke's plans to attack Konoha with his team after Itachi died? There's still some loose ends to tie up that'll keep it going for a bit longer.

And on a side note, I hope Kabuto comes in again soon. He was mentioned in one of the newest chapters when Sai and Yamato were there, but we haven't seen him yet. I want to know whether the magic Oreo has taken over all of him and wether he's completely off his rocker XD

The idea that Madara was controlling the Kyuubi and had it attack Konoha was stated by both Jiraiya and Itachi. Even if you consider Itachi's bias of Madara, It was still more possible that Madara had just lied to Sasuke.

I'm hoping that Anko gets to help with Kabutomaru, Since we've seen so little of her and having Sai show some sills would also be nice.

Horoika1
22nd March 2009, 2:09 AM
And don't forget now Minato said that Madara caused the 9-Tails attack. 3 opinions against 1, who do you think will win?

HoennMaster
22nd March 2009, 8:15 AM
The one obviously. I kind of hope this battle ends soon though. I want to get past Pain and get to Madara and the other members soon.

Buizelster
22nd March 2009, 9:26 AM
Now these last two chapters are more like it. I'm pretty much over that stupid Hinata thing now.

I guess just seeing an important and awesome character like Yondaime can do that.

22nd March 2009, 11:53 AM
*Turns out the TrueTrue leader of Akatsuki is Zetsu*

srsly, Kishimoto has been ignoring our favourite house plant...

HoennMaster
22nd March 2009, 12:55 PM
I would laugh if that was the case. He needs to do more. Devouring bodies is so last year. (Can't believe I said that)

22nd March 2009, 1:30 PM
Who needs the power of the tailed beasts, when you have the power of plants? mwahahahahaha!

I'd love to see Yamato vs Zetsu...Plant v Plant

Zetsu4AkatsukiLeader09!

Horoika1
22nd March 2009, 4:56 PM
I'll vote for him!
Zetsu will eat your face!

uber gon
23rd March 2009, 12:00 AM
Wonder if Pein will reveal anything more about the Kyuubi? Also, wonder if we'll see Gamakichi and Gamatatsu in the next chapter?

HoennMaster
23rd March 2009, 2:39 AM
Zetsu4AkatsukiLeader09!

Do we get buttons!?

Like what? He may be the public leader of Akatsuki, but I don't think he knows all the secrets of the fox.

23rd March 2009, 10:40 AM
Yes. Yes you do get buttons.
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q419/Joshidreamwalker/ZetsuBadge.jpg
And to be honest, I doubt Pain knows about that much about the fox, Madara will though.
(I've started using Pain because that's Viz's official translation)

uber gon
23rd March 2009, 7:04 PM
I guess. Although it'd be neat if we find out Nagato met Minato at some point.

24th March 2009, 12:10 AM
I don't think Nagato met Minato, but Minato suggested he and Madara had met, or at least Tobi...unless Minato was always in Naruto's subconscious, how could he have known about Tobi?

Horoika1
24th March 2009, 3:04 AM
Yes. Yes you do get buttons.
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q419/Joshidreamwalker/ZetsuBadge.jpg
And to be honest, I doubt Pain knows about that much about the fox, Madara will though.
(I've started using Pain because that's Viz's official translation)

Where is that fact? Where does it say that Viz says that Pain is Pain and not Pein?

uber gon
24th March 2009, 4:08 AM
I don't think Nagato met Minato, but Minato suggested he and Madara had met, or at least Tobi...unless Minato was always in Naruto's subconscious, how could he have known about Tobi?

Maybe Jiraiya unknowingly met Nagato while being Minato's sensei.

Shadow Lucario
24th March 2009, 4:29 AM
Maybe Jiraiya unknowingly met Nagato while being Minato's sensei.

Jiraiya met Nagato before he was Minato's Sensei. I highly doubt he would mention him. Besides, there has been no evidence that they have met before. Neither has talked about the other

HoennMaster
24th March 2009, 8:50 AM
I've started using Pain because that's Viz's official translation

I thought a Japanese source said that it was Pain in Japan as well?

but Minato suggested he and Madara had met, or at least Tobi...

Madara and Tobi are the same person....

bigpop618
24th March 2009, 2:43 PM
Madara and Tobi are the same person....

I think he meant when nobody really knew him as Madara but as Tobi.

Jiraiya met Nagato before he was Minato's Sensei. I highly doubt he would mention him. Besides, there has been no evidence that they have met before. Neither has talked about the other

Didn't Jiraiya mention that he was Nagato's sensei as well? Or am I mistaken?

24th March 2009, 8:57 PM
Where is that fact? Where does it say that Viz says that Pain is Pain and not Pein?
I've been in stores and read the backs of volumes, it says 'Pain'. Proof:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Naruto-v-40-Masashi-Kishimoto/dp/142152841X/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

It's Deidara vs. Sasuke! Is even Deidara's Ultimate Art no match for the all-powerful new Sasuke? Plus, deep inside the Land of Rain lies a secret of the Akatsuki that sheds doubt on the mysterious organization's true intentions as well as their bizarre leader, Pain.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Naruto-v-41-Masashi-Kishimoto/dp/1421528428/ref=pd_sim_b_3

Mysteries from Naruto's teacher Jiraiya's past rise up to confront the Toad Sage. Could something that the Three Great Shinobi of Konoha legend did in their youth have deadly consequences now? Find out as Jiraiya's investigation into the secrets of Pain and the Akatsuki organization bears shocking fruit!

Yeah, I meant if Minato had met Madara as Madara, or under the persona as Tobi. The latter seems more likely, because he distinctively recognized Tobi as the controller.

Jiraiya was Nagato's teacher, from what we know, Minato and Madara never met.

Horoika1
25th March 2009, 5:42 AM
Well, time to start with Pain. I was used to Pein...

HoennMaster
25th March 2009, 6:11 AM
Again I say, I thought a Japanese source said it was always Pain?

25th March 2009, 10:29 AM
Yeah, that's what I thought. But anyway, it's now 110% Pain now xD (Still getting used to typing it as Pain xD)

BlitzBlast
25th March 2009, 10:50 AM
Pain seems to be easier to write. And it totally goes with his theme.

Speaking of which, looking at the above poster's username, I heard Kakashi and Hinata died, causing Naruto to go on a mad rampage somehow leading to the 4th Hokage appearing again. Is that true?

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh
25th March 2009, 11:07 AM
The Naruto Part 2 Databook says "Pain" in english next to his name. It was never mean't to be Pein at all.

Raging Flame
25th March 2009, 11:13 AM
Pain is a ****. I hope next chapter he gets a beating. If they just stand there and talk for 17-20 pages, i'm going to be ******.

Lucario At Service
25th March 2009, 5:38 PM
Upcoming chapters spoilers are out,

It seems that Naruto wanted to talk to Nagato but Pain denies it. So Naruto finds a way to find out where Nagato is. He lets God Realm Pain stab him him the black rods while in Sage Mode which lets him find him. Also it seems that Gai's Team has arrived to Konoha & sees the destruction. Also Naruto finds out from Katsuyu that all the villagers are safe including Hinata.

Hinata in on the front page & the next issue is supposed to have colour cover & is titled "An unexpected outcome".

25th March 2009, 8:25 PM
'All the villagers' including or excluding Kakashi?

Also, I noticed something of interest just now while reading Naruto 36. Pain said they'll seal the 3-tails then seal the 2-tails later...surely later on it was said they have to seal them IN ORDER? Also, Deidara said during the Rescue Gaara arc that they've sealed tailed beasts before, but Gaara was the host of the 1-tails...

HoennMaster
25th March 2009, 8:43 PM
I guess we will have to wait and find out about Kakashi. How everyone survived its beyond me.

25th March 2009, 8:48 PM
Yeah...I mean, it's not like the entire village was destroyed and is now a crater...oh wait =3

EDIT: I was just reading, and I noticed something...After Asuma's death and before he defeats Hidan, Shikamaru takes up smoking right? Well, in the English translations, the cigarettes themselves have just disappeared..

FireHead Hank
25th March 2009, 8:57 PM
How everyone survived its beyond me.

Tsunade & Katsuyu did a great job I guess...didn't Tsunade lose her "youth"-seal because of that?

Shadow Lucario
25th March 2009, 9:45 PM
I always thought they had to seal them in order but my friend told me otherwise. I knew I shouldn't have trusted his word

25th March 2009, 11:44 PM
I swear I read that later on, that they had to be sealed in order :S

Shadow Lucario
26th March 2009, 12:00 AM
Isn't that why they were saving Naruto for last? I also recall them saying they sealed some tailed beasts before Gaara which doesn't make sense, the Shukaku being the one tailed beast.

TsukiMirage
26th March 2009, 5:55 AM
There is no order of the sealing except that the Kyuubi has to be last. Other then that, It doesn't matter which Bijuu they seal.

HoennMaster
26th March 2009, 7:27 AM
Tsunade & Katsuyu did a great job I guess...didn't Tsunade lose her "youth"-seal because of that?

Yes she did, but still, I don't see how it would be enough.

BlitzBlast
26th March 2009, 8:58 AM
Yeah...I mean, it's not like the entire village was destroyed and is now a crater...oh wait =3

EDIT: I was just reading, and I noticed something...After Asuma's death and before he defeats Hidan, Shikamaru takes up smoking right? Well, in the English translations, the cigarettes themselves have just disappeared..

As I recall, they replaced the cigs with toothpicks.

So Shikamaru will...er...use a toothpick.

Well, you can still light toothpicks on fire.

26th March 2009, 9:01 AM
When I read, he was holding absolutely nothing, so it seems as if he's just lighting the lighter for no reason xD

Lucario At Service
26th March 2009, 10:42 AM
There is no order of the sealing except that the Kyuubi has to be last. Other then that, It doesn't matter which Bijuu they seal.
Yeah i think that too (it was only said they had to do it in order but was the order 1-9 or something else wasn't specified). Maybe they have there own order.
I think the order for the extraction maybe similar to the system of how a scale works, they have to balance the power of the Bijuu's on both sides of the scales so that there remains a perfect balance (if the balance losses then the whole process will be wasted or like it was said the statue would break) & also i think it is a bit easy to extract the power from a wild Bijuu than from a host since the energy of the Jinchuuriki also would effect the strength at which the extraction is done (since most propably the Jinchuuriki's own chakra would try to stop the extraction of the Bijuu's chakra so that the person doesn't die). This is just my thoery though so it is possible to be wrong.

We only know the extraction of only a few in this order (as of the manga) 1-tail, 3-tail, 2-tail, 4-tail. We don't know when the 5,6,7 tails where extracted, was it before the extraction of 1-tail or in-between the extraction of 1,3,2,4 tails (they could have caught the 5,6,7 tails Jinchuuriki before & extracted them afterwards in there required order).
So in the end we don't know the exact order that Kishi had planned for the extraction of power from the Bijuu's but maybe we would know about it when the time for it would come.

26th March 2009, 9:16 PM
In the Rescue Gaara arc, Deidara said people were more willing to hand over other hosts, so they probably did seal more before the One-Tails - can't keep them unconscious forever, and you can't kill them or you'd kill the tailed beast (the only reason the Nine-Tails keeps Naruto alive pretty much - but then again, how did Hidan do his ritual against the two-tails host, unless he just knocked her out? But I'm looking at the chapter now, and Hidan stabbed himself in the heart)

MarshtompMan
27th March 2009, 4:33 AM
They couldn't have sealed them in order because when they sealed 3-tails, most of the eyes on the statue were open.

TsukiMirage
27th March 2009, 6:53 AM
Two bijuu were sealed before Gaara, Then came another bijuu, Then the Sanbi, The Nibi, And the Yonbi. Sasuke was suppose to get the Hachibi before Pain return, But that plan failed.

One thing that was never actually said was why Akatsuki waited three years to begin.

BlitzBlast
27th March 2009, 7:52 AM
One thing that was never actually said was why Akatsuki waited three years to begin.

Either they were finding where the bijuu were located, or they were having one long party.

27th March 2009, 8:55 AM
I'd go for party.

Anyway, I found this week's chapter pretty boring...just finish off the bugger Naruto....but at least we know Hinata is alive

BlitzBlast
27th March 2009, 10:24 AM
Well they had to explain how Nagato was found somewhere. (Though it looks like he's going to die soon.)

Wonder what Naruto is going to do with the information that he's the son of the 4th.

Red1062
27th March 2009, 10:36 AM
Well they had to explain how Nagato was found somewhere. (Though it looks like he's going to die soon.)

Wonder what Naruto is going to do with the information that he's the son of the 4th.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder who he'll tell and what they'll think. I'm pretty sure he'll tell Sakura. Wonder what would happen if Sasuke found out?

TsukiMirage
27th March 2009, 11:00 AM
This chapter just made the whole thing with Shikamaru pointless. For all the pages they wasted coming up with info we already knew, Kishi could have given use some more background on Nagato and the Rinnegan, Since it looks like Nagato will die next chapter.

P.S. It couldn't have been that hard to find a Jinchuuriki, Since Akatsuki seems to have gotten the other seven in about a years time.

Blaziryu
27th March 2009, 2:24 PM
This week's chapter wasn't that good. It's stupid how Naruto's in Sage Mode. And I'm greatly disappointed that Hinata is still alive & Team Gai arriving late in Konoha.

bigpop618
27th March 2009, 4:29 PM
This week's chapter wasn't that good. It's stupid how Naruto's in Sage Mode. And I'm greatly disappointed that Hinata is still alive & Team Gai arriving late in Konoha.

Not really. Well Hinata I can agree with. But he still had one clone left for it. why not use it to his advantage?

27th March 2009, 7:31 PM
I just read Naruto volumes 38, 39 and 40, and their editing is getting more frequent, like editing out the double knock-out girls/guys (called Art of Onnanokotachi and Art of Otokonokotachi respectively, untranslated names, which is unusual for Viz, who usually supply a translation), making them just silhouettes...However, at the start of 38, they DID keep in Shikamaru holding an open pack of cigarettes....so much for editing out smoking. Also in the Hidan and Kakazu arc, why did they have to kill all of Kakazu's hearts? could have just y'know...aimed for the HEAD?

uber gon
27th March 2009, 11:59 PM
Kinda sucks that Naruto has to stab himself to find Nagato's chakra. He's at one heck of a disadvantage.

Shadow Lucario
28th March 2009, 1:44 AM
Kinda boring chapter. It was mostly more talking. Next chapter should be interesting. Naruto vs Deva will finally be over. Looks like Deva's strength is gone and Naruto's is back. Hope the rest of the fight isn't one sided.

MarshtompMan
28th March 2009, 2:30 AM
Either they were finding where the bijuu were located, or they were having one long party.

Maybe they didn't have enough members yet.

Horoika1
28th March 2009, 4:54 AM
Pretty good chapter. It really is showcasing Naruto's brilliance. He's actually thinking of strategies instead of going head-first into battles and THEN figure out a strategy.

BlitzBlast
28th March 2009, 11:15 AM
I just read Naruto volumes 38, 39 and 40, and their editing is getting more frequent, like editing out the double knock-out girls/guys (called Art of Onnanokotachi and Art of Otokonokotachi respectively, untranslated names, which is unusual for Viz, who usually supply a translation), making them just silhouettes...However, at the start of 38, they DID keep in Shikamaru holding an open pack of cigarettes....so much for editing out smoking. Also in the Hidan and Kakazu arc, why did they have to kill all of Kakazu's hearts? could have just y'know...aimed for the HEAD?

Becuase apparently he can't die until all 5 hearts are gone. Remember, if he dies, one of his hearts dies.

And they really couldn't seeing as how masks were attacking them.

28th March 2009, 2:19 PM
True, the head is a hard target (hence why in Black Cat, Train is taught to aim for the chest, because if he misses, he still hits the enemy). But thinking about it, the brain controls everything in the body, therefore, it must also control chakra surely? So if the head is cut off from the rest of the body, chakra wouldn't be able to circulate, thus killing Kakazu? Also, he'd lose control of his other vital organs xD

BlitzBlast
28th March 2009, 2:53 PM
He's pretty much a zombie. I wouldn't be surprised if those weird black things would just spring out of his neck, attach to his decapitated head and sew his head back on.

And the exact quote in Black Cat was that most of the vital organs are in the chest, so if you hit there, you have a good shot of mortally wounding the opponent, or at least immobilizing him.

28th March 2009, 4:47 PM
Either way, Black Cat pwns....shame the anime got Friztl'd.

That is true about the re-attaching...We should ask Kishi what would happen if someone had just cut Kakazu's head off. Like when Kakashi used his first lightning blade, what if he had hit his head instead?

HoennMaster
30th March 2009, 12:13 PM
I just thought of something, will there be an Akatsuki if Pain is killed in the next few chapters? If Pain dies we have four members left. Obviously Kisame will follow Madara, but doesn't Konan despise him? And I'm not sure about Zetsu.

I liked this weeks chapter........I'd say more but it's been a few days since I read it.

TsukiMirage
30th March 2009, 3:42 PM
Well, Since Madara is the real leader, Akatsuki will still exist. Although it's main goal may change depending on what Madara is really planning, It'll still pose a threat to Naruto and by a lesser extent Konoha.

Madara seems to have the loyalty of both Kisame and Zetsu and perhaps Sasuke, Althought no one can say. Konan will either die or become reform once this arc is over, Since it seems she was in Akatsuki more for Nagato. There's always the chance that they may gain new members to replace some of the ones that died, Like they did after the time skip with Hiden.

B.T.W. Akatsuki already had 9 members when the time skip began, So there's no excuse as to why they didn't begin sooner.

MidnightMelody
30th March 2009, 5:02 PM
Madara I bet is in it for fun and really does not have a goal. Well he may but I don't see it yet....

30th March 2009, 9:20 PM
In regards to Konan, she'll probably stay in the Akatsuki, possibly out of fear of what will happen to her if she defects - I mean, Madara is insanely powerful or Madara will throw the 'YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT!' argument at her, forcing her to stay.

Kamex
30th March 2009, 10:46 PM
Madara seems to have the loyalty of both Kisame and Zetsu and perhaps Sasuke, Althought no one can say. Konan will either die or become reform once this arc is over, Since it seems she was in Akatsuki more for Nagato.
Actually it seemed to me that the fact that Naruto apparently wants to have a chat with the real Pain implies that there's a small chance that even Nagato may turn to his side. I know that sounds crazy, especially after nearly eliminating Konoha from the face of the planet single-handedly, but just keep that in mind...

But I can definitely see Nagato dying in the end after perhaps a change of heart, and Konan consequently joining Naruto, but I guess it all depends on who dies.

There's always the chance that they may gain new members to replace some of the ones that died, Like they did after the time skip with Hiden.
That would be cool, but the way Kishimoto is attempting to approach an end to the story makes me believe otherwise. I don't think he'll want to add more huge characters anymore, especially after finally sizing the Akatsuki down.

YukiJadenSurvives
31st March 2009, 12:31 AM
I just thought of something, will there be an Akatsuki if Pain is killed in the next few chapters? If Pain dies we have four members left. Obviously Kisame will follow Madara, but doesn't Konan despise him? And I'm not sure about Zetsu.

I liked this weeks chapter........I'd say more but it's been a few days since I read it.
Madara
Pain
Zetsu
Kisame
Konan
Suigetsu
Sasuke
Karin
Jugo
That's more than four members.

MarshtompMan
31st March 2009, 1:55 AM
^Team Hawk aren't official members.

I think that Hawk will ambush the remaining Akatsuki.
Karin will fight Konan.
Jugo will fight Zetsu.
Suigetsu will fight Kisame.
Sasuke will fight Madara/Tobi/Obito/Danzo/Tsunade.
I'm not sure of the outcomes though...

HoennMaster
31st March 2009, 7:14 AM
There's always the chance that they may gain new members to replace some of the ones that died, Like they did after the time skip with Hidan.

? What do you mean?

Edit: Lookign back at the manga now I see what you mean. Funny, wonder why he changed that.

TsukiMirage
31st March 2009, 7:59 AM
Konan doesn't seem all that afraid of Madara, Especially with the way she talks back to him. Madara also stated that he plans on regaining his power using Akatsuki, So whether this will only take the Kyuubi or if he requires the other Bijuu is still unknown.

While it does look like the series is ending soon, I still would love to see more Akatsuki members. Kishi was horrible with the group, By the time Pain was revealed, Nearly half the members were gone, Killed by a bunch of children. In fact out of all the dead members known, Only one (Kakuzu) was killed by an actual adult. Akatsuki was suppose to be a group of bad asses, But they came off only slightly scarier then the Sound Four.

31st March 2009, 7:59 AM
Yeah...how come Sasori was the only one to be replaced? Not Hidan, Kakazu, Deidara and Itachi. Probably because Hidan was blown to bits so they couldn't retrieve the ring, Konoha tool Kakazu's body with them so Akatsuki can't get the ring, Deidara went boom so they couldn't retrieve the ring....as for Itachi....hmm...

They could have at least replaced Itachi....Zetsu even went to get his body didn't he?

HoennMaster
31st March 2009, 8:14 AM
Well remember that Tobi was tagging along with Zetsu when Sasori died, so it was like "well here is someone available right now"

TsukiMirage
31st March 2009, 8:24 AM
Actually, I believe Sasuke is Itachi's replacement. I can't remember the chapter, But I believe Madara spoke about it to Zetsu.

BlitzBlast
31st March 2009, 8:38 AM
While it does look like the series is ending soon, I still would love to see more Akatsuki members. Kishi was horrible with the group, By the time Pain was revealed, Nearly half the members were gone, Killed by a bunch of children. In fact out of all the dead members known, Only one (Kakuzu) was killed by an actual adult. Akatsuki was suppose to be a group of bad asses, But they came off only slightly scarier then the Sound Four.

They're not children, they're ninjas. Big difference.

And technically Sasori was killed by an adult. You know, the 'summon two puppets to stab him through the heart' thing. Kakuzu technically died to Kakashi once, but Naruto landed the finishing blow. Hidan didn't actually die, Itachi was killing himself, and Deidara kinda committed suicide.

Kamex
31st March 2009, 10:43 AM
I think that after the Akatsuki really went on the move at the beginning of Part II, and while they continued to make progress with capturing the tailed beasts, they weren't concerned much with how many members were left, so long as there were enough to finish the job. Especially now that they're almost finished, with only two left to go.

By the way, I wonder when that Cloud team and Hawk will finally arrive?

Edit: I mean it took Pain and Konan like 2 seconds to get to Konoha IIRC, but while he wreaks havoc in the place everyone else takes their sweet time to show up.

31st March 2009, 3:27 PM
The Cloud team need to make a few toilet breaks
as for Hawk...Sasuke needs time alone to cut himself, Karin to obsess over, Suigetsu to piss Karin off, her to hit him, Jugo to go nuts, and Sasuke to calm him again.

Suigetsu pwns =3

TsukiMirage
1st April 2009, 1:12 AM
It's only been a couple of hours since the whole invasion started, And considering Pain left shortly after Sasuke, It should still be a few chapters til he Kumo team arrives.

HoennMaster
1st April 2009, 9:12 AM
Didn't they live before Pain and Konan did?

Deidara kinda committed suicide.

Kinda?

1st April 2009, 9:16 AM
Either way, they left roughly at the same time, however, Pain teleported (lol my spellchecker says to put it as 'telephoned' xD) to Konoha, while Hawk will have to walk to Konoha (or jump through trees like idiots).

HoennMaster
1st April 2009, 10:07 AM
I just want to see them, and I hope they don't drop the Kage summit that Raikage wanted.

TsukiMirage
1st April 2009, 12:37 PM
Pain walked to Konoha, Or at least it's implied that he did. The whole time line is complicated, Since it takes about three days to reach Konoha from Ame, And Kumo is twice the length of Konoha from Ame.

As far as I can tell, Team Hawk left Ame a while before Pain did. The battle with Kirabi probably took less then an hour and Team Hawk rested the rest of the day before the Kumonin appeared.

Pain probably arrive either at the same time or a slight while after Team Hawk arrived in Kumo, With the whole invasion taking a couple of hours to evacuate the village before Pain Chou Shinra Tensei'ed it. After another hour of the fight between Pain an Naruto, We arrive at the point of now.

Then again, I could be wrong somewhere. I just wish Kishi would hurry up and move on.

Lucario At Service
1st April 2009, 4:54 PM
Spoilers are out & the chapter has colour pages, this colour page contains the group of Team Gai & Sakura healing Hinata's injuries. Also as Naruto's Sage Mode is out now, he uses his Mass Shadow Clones to hold on his attack against God Pain who uses his ST attack against him & also Naruto use them to help him strike God Pain at the end of the chapter with a Rasengan. Also it seems that GR Pain uses some sort acrobatic ability to dodge the 2nd Rasenshuriken.

Colour Pic:-
http://i43.*******.com/30tt00g.jpg

Edit:- Also there is a special "10th Chronicle Book" with the current chapter which contains the summary of the last 10 years of Naruto. Also it seems to contain some colour page of which two page color spread is of Konan, Nagato and Yahiko as children and as they are now & the other with Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke on the other page as children and as they are now.

HoennMaster
1st April 2009, 10:19 PM
You mean that he is no longer in Sage Mode? Good luck Naruto. Great, looks like a lot more chapters of this fight.

1st April 2009, 11:58 PM
Hinata's 'grown' according to that small panel in the corner xD

Will Kishi just end this fight please? Pain's getting boring now...

TsukiMirage
2nd April 2009, 1:47 AM
So while normally a ninja can be healed through their clothes, Hinata's jacket just happens to be open. Man, Kishi what are you saying. I can't wait to see the number of doujins that come after this chapter.

I was right in believing Kishi wasn't gonna end the fight this chapter. We get already, Naruto's grown stronger and all that. What more does Kishi want? I can't believe I'm saying this, But I miss Sasuke and his Uchihaxs. At least his battles were entertaining.

HoennMaster
2nd April 2009, 6:52 AM
I don't really miss him, I just want to move past Pain. He is boring now. Two big fights have taken away from the coolness.

Luffy must Die!!!
2nd April 2009, 6:56 AM
;munchlax;Damn Hinata is stacked. They have to be fake though. If real ones looked that big while she lays down they would be like watermelons when standing.

BlitzBlast
2nd April 2009, 7:34 AM
Naruto is using Mass Shadow Clones?

The fool! Doesn't he know of the Law of Conservation of Ninjutsu (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjutsu?from=Main.InverseNinjaLaw)?

MidnightMelody
3rd April 2009, 5:34 AM
The new chapter seemed really short too me! Like half of the regular chapters.....

Umbreon's Shadow
3rd April 2009, 7:07 AM
It was 16 pages opposed to the normal 17.

Rashdan
3rd April 2009, 7:08 AM
Finally it's over.

Actually maybe not, there's still Nagato and Konan, though I doubt they'll be able to win. Nagato is way too weak without his paths as it is.

So I guess up next is Sasuke vs Naruto. :D

Umbreon's Shadow
3rd April 2009, 7:18 AM
Or Madara vs Sasuke. I want to see Kisame vs Suigetsu though.

3rd April 2009, 7:49 AM
Kisame vs Suigetsu would be awesome.

Well, I hope this Finally kills off God Realm Pain xD. Maybe the stress of using so much techniques will cause Nagato to die? Last time we saw him he had blood coming from his mouth. Also, how long do you think it'll take to rebuild the village? xD

TsukiMirage
3rd April 2009, 9:04 AM
Well, It's all over, Or at least we can hope so. It was a good arc except for the fact Kishi completely broke Pain/Nagato character and made him another Kakuzu. At least Naruto finally got to show what he's capable off, Even though it's a little too late. Now we can get back to everyone's favorite immature emo and the villain responsible for apparently everything that's wrong in the Narutoverse.

uber gon
3rd April 2009, 9:32 AM
Well I guess we can conclude that Hinata really does have big boobs.:p

HoennMaster
3rd April 2009, 11:13 AM
I this is the end of Pain. This chapter was boring, felt like it was over before it started. I must say, Konan looks better as a child.

lucky_u
3rd April 2009, 3:55 PM
Kisame vs Suigetsu would be awesome.

Well, I hope this Finally kills off God Realm Pain xD. Maybe the stress of using so much techniques will cause Nagato to die? Last time we saw him he had blood coming from his mouth. Also, how long do you think it'll take to rebuild the village? xD

Water element swordmen fighting? Seems somewhat boring, but may turn out incredible though.

I hope so, I don't think I could stand another chapter about it (but I'll still read Naruto = =). I think he will need time for recovery, and I meant a long time. He might just end up like the bone user (forgot the spelling), died in a middle of an awesome fight. Hmm, I think it need time as long as Naruto need to find Sasuke,fight him, back in one piece, become a Hokage, married someone, and have children.(a long way to say couple of years.XD)

Atoyont
3rd April 2009, 4:29 PM
So while normally a ninja can be healed through their clothes, Hinata's jacket just happens to be open. Man, Kishi what are you saying. I can't wait to see the number of doujins that come after this chapter.
Maybe it was just the anime, but Naruto's jacket was open when Tsunade healed him after he blasted Kabuto. It's probably easier to control the healing with less covering it, so more severe wounds need more precision.

Yeah just die God Realm Pain. I don't want Nagato to die just yet, though. We need his history!

jiang
3rd April 2009, 7:09 PM
I could see naruto becoming hokage this early after this fight wth pain even if tsunade is still alive. if this happens, danzou is sure gonna be mad...

Rashdan
3rd April 2009, 7:36 PM
I could see naruto becoming hokage this early after this fight wth pain even if tsunade is still alive. if this happens, danzou is sure gonna be mad...
It's a bit too early for him, it might get to his head. Definitely a candidate in the future though.

I have a feeling the series is going to end soon. Most loose ends have already been tied, Akatsuki is in pieces after losing Pain (only a few left now). Really, the only two main antagonists are Madara and Sasuke (the rest of Akatsuki may be a pushover for Naruto now).

uber gon
3rd April 2009, 7:51 PM
It's a bit too early for him, it might get to his head. Definitely a candidate in the future though.

I have a feeling the series is going to end soon. Most loose ends have already been tied, Akatsuki is in pieces after losing Pain (only a few left now). Really, the only two main antagonists are Madara and Sasuke (the rest of Akatsuki may be a pushover for Naruto now).

I'm sure Zetsu can still kick ***, more or less.

3rd April 2009, 8:14 PM
Zetsu will hide underground and eat Naruto from below.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
3rd April 2009, 10:06 PM
I don't know why, but just reading the newest chapter made me a bit sad for some reason. Seeing them as little kids and seeing them where they are now...and Konaha village being destroyed...how devastating.

3rd April 2009, 10:15 PM
Konoha's fault for not having a single Shinobi that could stand up to a single S-Class Rogue Ninja xD

What should have happened, is instead of them all facing Pain one on one, or 3 on 3, a butt load (like over 50) shinobi should have jumped him and swarmed him. Sure, strength is well, powerful, but a swarm can be really effective. They wasted so much time and shinobi on trying to find out his secret, but if dozens of Jonin had swarmed each of Pain's paths, they would have easily overwhelmed them.

Flame Haze SnS
4th April 2009, 12:18 AM
Not sure if the topic was brought up before in this thread, but when reading Volume 29, I've seen that there are 9 Akatsuki members starting to extract biju from Gaara, but I saw that there's an unnamed Akatsuki member there that hasn't been mentioned (that person is seen in the 5th frame on page 30 of Volume 29). 9 members are there (excluding Konan and Tobi/Madara), only 8 of them are known, because that unnamed member's detail of his/her transparented face doesn't match the rest of the Akatsuki members. Who is that person?

Umbreon's Shadow
4th April 2009, 1:20 AM
Not sure if the topic was brought up before in this thread, but when reading Volume 29, I've seen that there are 9 Akatsuki members starting to extract biju from Gaara, but I saw that there's an unnamed Akatsuki member there that hasn't been mentioned (that person is seen in the 5th frame on page 30 of Volume 29). 9 members are there (excluding Konan and Tobi/Madara), only 8 of them are known, because that unnamed member's detail of his/her transparented face doesn't match the rest of the Akatsuki members. Who is that person?

Seeing as he is brought up right next to Kisame I would say it is Itachi

TsukiMirage
4th April 2009, 1:37 AM

Konan is there. It could be either Itachi or Hiden. The illusion doesn't show the character's completely as they are, So it can get confusing.

Haxon22
4th April 2009, 2:35 AM
Meh its not over yet, there prolly gonna talk for a while until Pein dies.... Then its off to see Nagato?

Rashdan
4th April 2009, 3:36 AM
I'm sure Zetsu can still kick ***, more or less.
I suppose it is possible, although if Naruto can defeat Pain, (wasn't pain the strongest in Akatsuki, excluding Madara?) he could take out Zetsu. Or maybe not, we haven't exactly seen Zetsu fight before (have we?)

Umbreon's Shadow
4th April 2009, 4:53 AM
I suppose it is possible, although if Naruto can defeat Pain, (wasn't pain the strongest in Akatsuki, excluding Madara?) he could take out Zetsu. Or maybe not, we haven't exactly seen Zetsu fight before (have we?)

That was a joke. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously

Kamex
4th April 2009, 7:10 AM
It was 16 pages opposed to the normal 17.
Must have taken forever to draw the two-page multi shadow clone layout.

Also, how long do you think it'll take to rebuild the village? xD
I wouldn't be surprised if the village is only partly rebuilt at the very end of the series.

So while normally a ninja can be healed through their clothes, Hinata's jacket just happens to be open.

Maybe it was just the anime, but Naruto's jacket was open when Tsunade healed him after he blasted Kabuto. It's probably easier to control the healing with less covering it, so more severe wounds need more precision.
Back during the first fights of the third stage of the Chuunin Exams in the Forest of Death, after Neji completely obliterated Hinata the docs had to open her jacket to heal her. Although I don't believe Kishimoto came up with the special healing jutsu back then if I remember correctly, so they could have just been checking to see if she was alright...

By the way, she apparently had a bit of a rack back then too... Kishimoto mentioned how he wanted her to look stylish yet reserved at the same time, so I guess that's the reason she likes to wear such thick jackets. O_o

Meh its not over yet, there prolly gonna talk for a while until Pein dies.... Then its off to see Nagato?
That's what I'm thinking. Perhaps he'll get Pain to tell him where his real body is? Well, more likely he'll meet up with Shikamaru and the others after Pain is done for and he'll find out then (since they're supposedly on it). Come to think of it, I'm not really sure how Naruto figured out that Pain had a real body in the first place... did his father tell him that?

One last thing. I may be looking into this too much, but it seems like Kishimoto told us something new very subtly. If you look at that awesome opening page (the second one, actually) with Nagato's old crew, team 7, and their current selves, they're all drawn in the exact location that they're at, at this point in the story, right?

...so what in the world is Sasuke doing next to a brick wall, rather than speedily tree-hopping to Konoha? Taking a break? Lol.

Horoika1
4th April 2009, 2:41 PM
I can see Naruto become Hokage right now. And Tsunade would be regent of Konoha while Naruto goes out and does missions.

Pretty cheesy, but it could work. Or simply kill Tsunade would be the easiest route...

Blaziryu
4th April 2009, 4:17 PM
I'm glad the fight's over but I wanted Pain to come out as the winner. I'm still disappointed that Hinata is still alive & I'm mad about Katsuya's comment about Team Gai getting in Naruto's way if they join him. This is saying that Base Naruto, Base Naruto > Team Gai. I was like WTF!? And Nagato's hair color, oh man. Kishi should've made it black.

FireHead Hank
4th April 2009, 5:08 PM
And Nagato's hair color, oh man. Kishi should've made it black.

The colored pic of Team Nagato instantly reminded me of Team Taka. Seems like Kishi wanted to "surprise" the readers with both of them teams hair colors.

Rashdan
4th April 2009, 6:32 PM
That was a joke. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously
If thats the case, my bad.

That's what I'm thinking. Perhaps he'll get Pain to tell him where his real body is? Well, more likely he'll meet up with Shikamaru and the others after Pain is done for and he'll find out then (since they're supposedly on it). Come to think of it, I'm not really sure how Naruto figured out that Pain had a real body in the first place... did his father tell him that?
Actually, Naruto already knows where Pain is, he stabbed himself with a chakra blade and traced it back to the origin. Apparently he can do that in sage mode. As for how he found out ... no idea. I can't remember where that comes up in the manga. He could have remembered the code message Jiraiya wrote and deduced from that.

Haxon22
4th April 2009, 9:27 PM
Maybe Naruto goes to see how Hiniata is doing first... the goes to confront Nagato

uber gon
4th April 2009, 10:50 PM
I don't know why, but just reading the newest chapter made me a bit sad for some reason. Seeing them as little kids and seeing them where they are now...and Konaha village being destroyed...how devastating.

Yeah, Konan as a kid looked like a friend I had in High School. Hope she lives after this.

HoennMaster
5th April 2009, 6:34 AM
Konan looked better as a kid. I just hope she doesn't die here, she needs to do something. I'd hate to see Naruto kill her quickly.

uber gon
5th April 2009, 9:48 AM
Konan looked better as a kid. I just hope she doesn't die here, she needs to do something. I'd hate to see Naruto kill her quickly.

Maybe she'll turn good or something.

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh
5th April 2009, 11:18 AM
Konoha's fault for not having a single Shinobi that could stand up to a single S-Class Rogue Ninja xD

What should have happened, is instead of them all facing Pain one on one, or 3 on 3, a butt load (like over 50) shinobi should have jumped him and swarmed him. Sure, strength is well, powerful, but a swarm can be really effective. They wasted so much time and shinobi on trying to find out his secret, but if dozens of Jonin had swarmed each of Pain's paths, they would have easily overwhelmed them.
Pain was seen several times with dozens of dead shinobi surrounding him. Swarming didn't work.

And it's not 'a single S-Class Rogue Ninja', it's 'five S-Class Rogue Ninja with healing abilites', 'one S-Class Ninja' and 'one simingly far above S-Class Ninja'.

Horoika1
5th April 2009, 4:41 PM
Why does everyone here want every single character to live? We need more deaths imho.

Rashdan
5th April 2009, 7:30 PM
The more deaths, the shorter the resulting story. Already, numerous key characters have either died, or come close to dying. Most of the village is also dead, with only a couple dozen or so known survivors.

(Although a shorter story might be what some of you want)

Horoika1
5th April 2009, 9:33 PM
I don't want a short story, but we're nearing the end and we should be seeing more deaths.

5th April 2009, 10:16 PM
Pain was seen several times with dozens of dead shinobi surrounding him. Swarming didn't work.

And it's not 'a single S-Class Rogue Ninja', it's 'five S-Class Rogue Ninja with healing abilites', 'one S-Class Ninja' and 'one simingly far above S-Class Ninja'.
Hmm...try swarming him with good Shinobi, who are actual characters so they get that 'ImmaCharacter' chakra shield around them? =3

Anyway, characters I can see dying before the series is over:

Kisame
Zetsu
Konan
Pain
Madara
Might Guy (He'll go 8th gate - why else did they mention going into 8th gate will kill you?. Suigetsu will probably kill Kisame, and Suigetsu will kill Guy)
Tsunade
Danzou
Suigetsu
Karin
Jugo (How can Sasuke return to Konoha like he so will, if he still has Hawk?)
Kabuto

Anyone got any other ideas?

Raging Flame
6th April 2009, 7:37 AM
The more deaths, the shorter the resulting story. Already, numerous key characters have either died, or come close to dying. Most of the village is also dead, with only a couple dozen or so known survivors.

It has already been revealed, by the slug, that the villagers are safe.

Kamex
6th April 2009, 8:13 AM
Actually, Naruto already knows where Pain is, he stabbed himself with a chakra blade and traced it back to the origin. Apparently he can do that in sage mode. As for how he found out ... no idea. I can't remember where that comes up in the manga. He could have remembered the code message Jiraiya wrote and deduced from that.
Funny how it took that special team a long time to figure anything out, and Naruto just suddenly comes to it through a realization.

Suigetsu
Karin
Jugo (How can Sasuke return to Konoha like he so will, if he still has Hawk?)
It would be kind of messed up, though, for Sasuke to just forget about his dead teammates and return to Konoha like he'd never left. I mean, being a dangerous Rogue ninja for all this time, not to mention whatever trouble he'll cause when he finally arrives.... I know he got rid of a couple of Akatsuki and Orochimaru, and had little to no association with actual crimes of any kind IIRC, despite his attitude and ideas, but I'm just wondering how Naruto will get him to change, and how he'll be accepted again by his old village (since I'm almost 100% sure that's what events have been leading to...) Perhaps he'll atone by fighting Madara after he sees the light.

...or maybe he'll actually die? Hard to see Kishimoto getting rid of him, but that would be a pretty flashy ending for the story.

Shadow Lucario
6th April 2009, 8:57 AM
Funny how it took that special team a long time to figure anything out, and Naruto just suddenly comes to it through a realization.

He had an epiphany!

I would love to see Gai open all the gates. Wonder how strong and fast he'll become then. Hell, Lee was fast and dangerous opening only five gates, wonder what will happen if all eight are opened.

uber gon
6th April 2009, 5:00 PM
He had an epiphany!

I would love to see Gai open all the gates. Wonder how strong and fast he'll become then. Hell, Lee was fast and dangerous opening only five gates, wonder what will happen if all eight are opened.

We know Gai would die if he opens all the gates.

Rashdan
6th April 2009, 9:45 PM
It has already been revealed, by the slug, that the villagers are safe.
Hmm, now you mention it, I do remember a chapter where that happens.

HoennMaster
8th April 2009, 7:59 AM
You should, it was in one of the last two or three.

sam40400
9th April 2009, 4:45 AM

Most of the time a character dies, thier deaths can be long and major, which may slightly increase amount of episodes. But I wont say many people will die now except maybe Pein, or Kakashi, since what I've noticed is that most characters die or never comes back after evryone knows most things about that person.

I think that for now, Kakashi or anyone wont die, maybe pain, but the slug did say everyone's safe

uber gon
9th April 2009, 5:09 AM
After reading Sonic Universe I'm starting to think Sasuke may become reformed to an extent. Maybe he'll be the Sound Village Hokage or something.

Atoyont
9th April 2009, 5:58 AM
He'd be the Otokage, since the Hokage's only for Konohagakure. :P

Anyway, he'll reform, to an extent. I don't know what, but unless Kishi stops being cliché, his friendship with Naruto will have to be fixed.

BlitzBlast
9th April 2009, 7:23 AM
I bet Sasuke's reform will go like this.

*Shows Sasuke weakened from some random battle*
*Sakura appears and slaps him Tsunade style. AKA she beats the **** out of him*
*Sakura rants*
*Sasuke goes through some flashbacks*

Now, either this chain will happen*

*Sasuke runs off but begins to question himself*
*Naruto beats the **** out of Sasuke later*
*Sasuke goes through more flashbacks*
*Sasuke reforms*

or:

*Sasuke reforms and ends up carrying Sakura back to the village because she has collapsed after beating the **** out of him/Sasuke reforms and Sakura drags him back to the village because he has fainted from getting the **** beaten out of him*

Shadow Lucario
9th April 2009, 7:51 AM
I bet Sasuke's reform will go like this.

*Shows Sasuke weakened from some random battle*
*Sakura appears and slaps him Tsunade style. AKA she beats the **** out of him*
*Sakura rants*
*Sasuke goes through some flashbacks*

Now, either this chain will happen*

*Sasuke runs off but begins to question himself*
*Naruto beats the **** out of Sasuke later*
*Sasuke goes through more flashbacks*
*Sasuke reforms*

or:

*Sasuke reforms and ends up carrying Sakura back to the village because she has collapsed after beating the **** out of him/Sasuke reforms and Sakura drags him back to the village because he has fainted from getting the **** beaten out of him*

I can not see any of this happening. One reason is Sasuke is bent on this whole revenge thing and I don't think he would let Naruto stand in his way. Another reason is Sakura is nowhere near Sasuke's level. Yes, she has improved over the timeskip, but she would probably be on par with Sasuke before the timeskip. I could actually see Sasuke killing her for trying to stand in his way.

uber gon
9th April 2009, 9:49 PM
He'd be the Otokage, since the Hokage's only for Konohagakure. :P

Anyway, he'll reform, to an extent. I don't know what, but unless Kishi stops being cliché, his friendship with Naruto will have to be fixed.

Otokage, right. Thanks for the info. Somehow I'm thinking Sasuke's fate may be something similar to Shadow in Sonic Adventure 2. He'll "disappear" for an extent, but later on we'll see him return as a less emo person.

Kazuki Mirai
9th April 2009, 10:39 PM
Otokage, right. Thanks for the info. Somehow I'm thinking Sasuke's fate may be something similar to Shadow in Sonic Adventure 2. He'll "disappear" for an extent, but later on we'll see him return as a less emo person.
Right... Comparing Sasuke to Shadow. That's a definitely GOOD comparison. I mean, they're after all, typical dark and serious characters with a terrible past. >.>

9th April 2009, 11:38 PM
I wonder if Sasuke will BOTH reform, and die?

Maybe something happens in the story that makes Sasuke turn against Madara (like another revelation - Kishi loves those) that makes Sasuke and Naruto team up to fight their common foe, during the course of the battle, Sasuke sacrifices himself to give Naruto an opening to land the finishing blow on Madara. And after that, Konoha remembers Sasuke as a martyr instead of a traitor.

TsukiMirage
10th April 2009, 1:48 AM
No way Sasuke will die. Kishi LOVES him way too much to let anything like that happen. It's pretty evident that Kishi is setting things up to have Sasuke get reformed by Naruto near the end of the story.

Horoika1
10th April 2009, 2:40 AM
Which is what I have been saying for the past few months! Either Sasuke will die or he will become good again by going against Madara after learning some horrific secret that involves Sasuke dying anyway...

Yet now everyone decides to jump on the bandwagon...

Shadow Lucario
10th April 2009, 4:48 AM
I don't think Sasuke will die. If he does that will probably provoke Naruto to go full nine tails. I can see two things happening:

1. Sasuke will be reformed and team up with Naruto to defeat the rest of Akatsuki.

2. Sasuke will come to the village and see it destroyed. This will enrage Sasuke because of his past ties and his current goal.

HoennMaster
10th April 2009, 9:05 AM
Finally, the six Pain bodies are dead, leaving only Nagato left. Nagato mentions that "peace has come" when Naruto arrives at his and Konan's location so I'm interested to see how their conversation will go next week.

Well, Naruto has just defeated Pain, so I doubt Kisame, Zetsu, and Konan will last much longer. Then again, we haven't even seen Zetsu do much.

TsukiMirage
10th April 2009, 9:43 AM
I've known since the whole Sasuke vs Orochimaru setup that Sasuke would be eventually "saved". I mean seriously, Kishi went out of his way to show how Sasuke refuses to kill an enemy, Thus showing he wasn't just anther villain like the others.

Sasuke won't die, As proven by Kishi wimping out earlier. If Kishi doesn't have the balls to kill off an useless character like Hinata, What makes you think he'll kill off his favorite character. Especially when Sasuke possesses the "Sharingan", which literally lets it's owner godmode through any and all opponents.

It's more likely that Naruto himself would die, Since dying for Konoha is the greatest thing a Hokage can do. We wouldn't want to break the trend set by Minato, Would we?

Horoika1
10th April 2009, 3:02 PM
The way the series is going, I can see that it will end in either tragedy or super-happy-time. I do not see a middle ground.

Either every dies or everyone lives. Both are pretty crappy endings, but the tragic one is dramatic.

Legerdemain
10th April 2009, 5:58 PM
Yay finally the last Pain dies!!

I bet Nagato has some uber tricks up his sleeve.
Maybe there's different levels to the Rinningan, just as with the Sharingan!
I can so see Nagato being like "HA IN YOUR FACE! BEHOLD MY UBER XXXXX!"

But Naruto will probably talk to him while Konan sets up some inescapable trap.
Naruto then gets captured and Sasuke saves him.
Yay!
Idk. I fail.

10th April 2009, 9:57 PM
I imagine the next 2 chapters will just be talking, then the third one, Nagato will cough up blood and die due to exhausting so much chakra. Konan will got ape-s*** to go for Naruto, and Team Guy will jump in, and Guy will die going 8th gate.

Gentleman Skeleton
10th April 2009, 10:17 PM
I imagine the next 2 chapters will just be talking, then the third one, Nagato will cough up blood and die due to exhausting so much chakra. Konan will got ape-s*** to go for Naruto, and Team Guy will jump in, and Guy will die going 8th gate.

Nah, something tells me something's going to happen to Naruto seeing as Hinata confessed and managed to survive. I'm thinking either Zetsu or Madara pops out and cheapass KOs him.

10th April 2009, 10:56 PM
Konan will cheap-*** KO him? She is right in front of him

Horoika1
10th April 2009, 11:15 PM
I can see Naruto getting captured and Sasuke interferes with the Sealing Ritual, allowing to return to the village without much fault.

TsukiMirage
10th April 2009, 11:31 PM
More then likely, Nagato will have a change of heart and shortly after either die because of losing chakra or Madara killing him.

11th April 2009, 12:47 AM
I was reading Naruto 41 (Pain vs Jiraiya up until Jiraiya discovers there a 6-paths) and is it wrong of me to agree with Pain's ideology?

Shadow Lucario
11th April 2009, 1:30 AM
I was reading Naruto 41 (Pain vs Jiraiya up until Jiraiya discovers there a 6-paths) and is it wrong of me to agree with Pain's ideology?

No because I agree with it too

Tobifreed
11th April 2009, 4:38 AM
There is nothing wrong, Kishi is giving a reason to for Naruto to have some sympathy. Otherwise the "talk" would happen.
I think Nagato will die, seeing something in Naruto to inspire him to "believe" in the new generation. That's the way Shonen Manga is...

And no Konan won't do anything unless Nagato wants her to.
And the Nine tails thing isn't going to happen. the seal is back and is going anywhere.

Kamex
11th April 2009, 10:44 AM
Lol, Inoichi's like "You wanna talk to him? WTF...?!"

I could tell "The Meeting" between Naruto and Nagato wouldn't actually take place until the end of the chapter... Whatever builds the suspense, I guess.

I agree that Kishi has been aiming to make Pain's ideals and goals and especially his motive similar to Naruto's. Minus the horrendous mass-murdering, of course. Interesting point he brought up now, that his revenge against Konoha and dream of a peaceful utopia are similar to Naruto's revenge against Pain and... well, dream of a peaceful utopia (although both obviously know there will still be fighting, but perhaps want to control it in their own ways).

Anyway, it's too bad we never get to see a bad guy sway a good guy to his side, rather than the other way around. Well, I guess Sasuke kind of counts as a good guy becoming bad, but he didn't do it because his ideals changed, but because of his being desperate for power for revenge... although he did recently decide to destroy Konoha, so I guess his ideals did change. He sure is insane. :)

And I think we all know Madara isn't the final villain. Kishi's been saving him all this time... that beast Zetsu's callin' all the shots. XD

11th April 2009, 12:57 PM
Lol, Inoichi's like "You wanna talk to him? WTF...?!"

I could tell "The Meeting" between Naruto and Nagato wouldn't actually take place until the end of the chapter... Whatever builds the suspense, I guess.

I agree that Kishi has been aiming to make Pain's ideals and goals and especially his motive similar to Naruto's. Minus the horrendous mass-murdering, of course. Interesting point he brought up now, that his revenge against Konoha and dream of a peaceful utopia are similar to Naruto's revenge against Pain and... well, dream of a peaceful utopia (although both obviously know there will still be fighting, but perhaps want to control it in their own ways).

Anyway, it's too bad we never get to see a bad guy sway a good guy to his side, rather than the other way around. Well, I guess Sasuke kind of counts as a good guy becoming bad, but he didn't do it because his ideals changed, but because of his being desperate for power for revenge... although he did recently decide to destroy Konoha, so I guess his ideals did change. He sure is insane. :)

And I think we all know Madara isn't the final villain. Kishi's been saving him all this time... that beast Zetsu's callin' all the shots. XD

Yes. Zetsu is the true leader.

Horoika1
11th April 2009, 3:08 PM
That would be an unprecedented twist, lol.

Tobifreed
11th April 2009, 8:52 PM
The final villain is the 9 tailed demon...
He has to fight it...
Wouldn't that be EPIC!!!!

sam40400
11th April 2009, 8:52 PM
After reading the new manga I can guess Naruto understands what Pain said and he wants to do is understand Nagato's Pain. That should be why he wants to talk to him... I guess...

Haxon22
12th April 2009, 2:46 AM
That would be a plot twist is Zetsu is the real leader lol... but that's not gonna happen

Anyone else think that Konan is gonna interfere with the convo Naruto and Nagato are going to have?

Horoika1
12th April 2009, 5:07 AM
Oh, for sure she is gonna interrupt.

I think Naruto either has his answer to Nagato's question or he wants to ask why Nagato believes that way. But I don't think Naruto is the inquisitive type.

Tobifreed
12th April 2009, 7:26 AM
Konan won't do anything, She won't unless Nagato says so...

Kamex
12th April 2009, 10:37 AM
I don't know if Konan will interrupt or not, but it probably depends on what Nagato will do. He apparently has a plan, but I actually have almost no idea what he could possibly pull from under his sleeve in his current state...

Except that it might have something to do with the Rinnegan.

HoennMaster
12th April 2009, 11:20 AM
The final villain is the 9 tailed demon...
He has to fight it...
Wouldn't that be EPIC!!!!

Not really. Would kind of boring actually.

12th April 2009, 12:15 PM
What would be more epic is if Naruto has to fight Madara WITHOUT the Nine-Tailed fox. He's used it in pretty much every major fight so far (except VS Kakazu to my memory)

Horoika1
12th April 2009, 4:38 PM
No, I think Nagato is going to accept defeat. But it is most obvious that Konan is gonna interrupt.

FireHead Hank
12th April 2009, 5:33 PM
Nagato told Konan that she should not interrupt them, so I highly doubt that Konan will go against her master's command. I really hope though that we will get the chance to see the full potential of Konan's paper controling abilities. Isnt Team Gai on the way to help Naruto? They could end up fighting against Konan.

Rashdan
12th April 2009, 6:44 PM
What would be more epic is if Naruto has to fight Madara WITHOUT the Nine-Tailed fox. He's used it in pretty much every major fight so far (except VS Kakazu to my memory)
Technically, he didn't really fight Pain with the 9 tailed; sure, he did turn around a Shinra Tensei, but besides that, he didn't attack Pain. :P Kidding

He's strong enough as it is in Sage mode. Maybe he'll advance to an even better Sage mode (he's already reached perfect sage mode though, so that's probably farfetched).

I don't think Konan will interrupt. In he current state, she's no match for Naruto. And it's also obvious Nagato will die. He can't fight without his paths.

Shadow Lucario
12th April 2009, 10:08 PM
I want to find out why Nagato killed Yahiko. Was there some disagreement or something?

Horoika1
12th April 2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah, but Konan loves Nagato (like one loves their mom/dad) and won't let anything happen to him. I believe that THAT will get in the way. Then Guy arrives and takes them outside.

I can actually see a conversation with Naruto & Nagato and then fighting each other. Then we'll have 2 separate battles of Naruto vs. Nagato and Guy & co vs. Konan.

FireHead Hank
12th April 2009, 10:25 PM
I want to find out why Nagato killed Yahiko. Was there some disagreement or something?

As far as I remember it is nowhere stated that Nagato actually killed Yahiko & I highly doubt it. They were almost like brothers. Yahiko probably got killed by some random guy which also had an effect in Nagato finally becoming Pain I guess.

FireHead Hank
12th April 2009, 10:29 PM

As far as I remember it is nowhere stated that Nagato actually killed Yahiko & I highly doubt it. They were almost like brothers. Yahiko probably got killed by some random guy which also had an effect in Nagato finally becoming Pain I guess.

Kamex
13th April 2009, 1:50 AM
I wonder what kind of ninja Yahiko turned out to be. I hope Nagato divulges the history behind that, and also how he died of course.

He used it in many minor fights to, if you count the large amount of nine-tails chakra he uses for Shadow Clones. But I suppose he no longer needs the Nine-Tails now that he's got Sage chakra... it kind of reminds me of how Kakashi taught Sasuke the Chidori in an attempt to get his mind off of Orochimaru's power. Kind of.

And it's also obvious Nagato will die. He can't fight without his paths.
Are you sure about that? We don't know the full extent of the Rinnegan's capabilities... right? Unless I'm missing something here, there's still a lot of mystery behind it.

13th April 2009, 4:01 PM
Akatsuki need to rip the fox out of Naruto - in fact it would be better now if he didn't have it, it wouldn't interrupt his clones in the Toad Mountain (won't he have to go back there and make more clones now, or could he reverse summon them there?)

What will probably happen, is Team Guy will show up, and not wanting their talk to be disrupted, Konan will fight them and Guy will die (think about it, out of the Jonin leaders of the Konoha 11 squads he is the only one still in active duty, Kakashi and Asuma are dead, and Kurenai is pregnant)

Rashdan
13th April 2009, 7:15 PM
Are you sure about that? We don't know the full extent of the Rinnegan's capabilities... right? Unless I'm missing something here, there's still a lot of mystery behind it.
Well, he's coughing up a ton of blood as it is ... unless the Rinnegan has magical healing powers that can reverse that, and turn him into some all powerful being, he's not going anywhere. True, we don't know what the Rinnegan does, but it's also possible in his present state that he won't be able to activate the Rinnegan's power.

As for the clones gathering sage chakra, I don't think they have to be in a specific spot. they can be anywhere, gathering natural energy, just as long as they remain still. They can be summoned from anywhere afaik.

uber gon
13th April 2009, 7:21 PM
Akatsuki need to rip the fox out of Naruto - in fact it would be better now if he didn't have it, it wouldn't interrupt his clones in the Toad Mountain (won't he have to go back there and make more clones now, or could he reverse summon them there?)

What will probably happen, is Team Guy will show up, and not wanting their talk to be disrupted, Konan will fight them and Guy will die (think about it, out of the Jonin leaders of the Konoha 11 squads he is the only one still in active duty, Kakashi and Asuma are dead, and Kurenai is pregnant)

Hopefully Kurenai lives long enough to give birth.

God Realm
13th April 2009, 7:27 PM
First of all - how would Naruto survive if the fox was withdrawn from him? Gaara died but was saved by Chiyo. Unless someone like Tsunade or Fukusaku (is he dead?) and Shima give their life for him, he'd die.

I see no point in Naruto giving up the fox - it's his gift. All he needs is control and I'm positive that Killer Bee will play a role in that. Although, in that mini-Databook, Killer Bee was in the 'VILLAIN' section of the characters...

Sage Mode is a great addition for Naruto, but I say this time and time again - Kishimoto powered Naruto in 'God Mode' in four weeks, while Sasuke had earned his Mangekyou Sharingan in a well-fought battle with Itachi Uchiha (although Itachi would have won if it the story was in a different cirucmstance...).

The Six Paths of Pain - what a jutsu, what a price.

The only thing that interest me now in the 'Invasion of Pain' Arc is Yahiko's story.

Kamex
14th April 2009, 2:06 AM
Kakashi and Asuma are dead
Is Kakashi confirmed to be dead? I can't recall...

I see no point in Naruto giving up the fox - it's his gift. All he needs is control and I'm positive that Killer Bee will play a role in that.
I never thought of it that way. Actually, I was sorta under the impression that Kishimoto specifically gave Naruto Sage training - after a long trend of following Jiraiya around, learning to summon frogs, etc. - for the purpose of giving him a battle style and even character traits that didn't have to do with Nine-Tails.

I mean, every ninja that's interesting has their own style of fighting (that's why Sakura was boring and weak during Part I, and why Iruka will never amount to anything beyond teaching). So I thought it would've been interesting if the direction of the plot was that Naruto's Nine-Tails 'high chakra level' kind of battling would be replaced with Sage 'high natural energy' kind of battling.

But I suppose it could go many different ways.

Rashdan
14th April 2009, 4:52 AM
Is Kakashi confirmed to be dead? I can't recall...
Soon after Naruto returned to Konoha, he mentioned being able to sense everything around him. He also sensed Kakashi's absence, and comes to the realization that he's dead, when he asked Tsunade if he was out on a mission and didn't get a response. So yeah, Kakashi is presumed dead. They also show Kakashi meeting up with his father in another chapter.

Shadow Lucario
14th April 2009, 5:36 AM
Soon after Naruto returned to Konoha, he mentioned being able to sense everything around him. He also sensed Kakashi's absence, and comes to the realization that he's dead, when he asked Tsunade if he was out on a mission and didn't get a response. So yeah, Kakashi is presumed dead. They also show Kakashi meeting up with his father in another chapter.

But it still hasn't been said he is dead. Seeing as he said to his father, "So this is where you've been." I assume he is in a sort of limbo. We can't say Kakashi is dead, we can only say he is presumed at the current situation at least. I just hope that if he dies that we don't see the same thing that happened with Asuma. What I mean is that he impregnated a woman and she is waiting to give birth to his child. If I know Kakashi he's too cool for that :P

I can't see Kakashi dying. He seems too good to go out like that. I mean he graduated the academy at 5, became a Chunin at 6, and a Jonin at 13. That's pretty damn impressive. You have to be good to have those kind of marks.

TsukiMirage
14th April 2009, 5:39 AM
In the short Naruto book in the last Shounen Jump, It show all the major characters. Kakashi was greyed out like Jiraiya, Shizune, And Asuma, Which seems to confirm that he's dead.

Shadow Lucario
14th April 2009, 5:45 AM
I'm not going to say he's dead until Naruto or someone walks up to his cold, unmoving body and says, "I can't believe Kakashi-sensei is dead." or something along the lines of that. The greying out of his character could simply mean his status is unknown, I mean we haven't seen him in a while. Did it say somewhere on the side that if a character is greyed out that they are dead?

You need to be open to many possibilities and not just one. Also saying, "If he keeps Kakashi alive it will ruin the story," is also wrong. I loved Jiraiya and he was one of my favorite characters. When I saw him die I was disappointed, but I didn't think it ruined the story. Having a one track mind is never good. Open it up and think of different outcomes until it blantly say he is dead/alive/a vegetable for the rest of his life.

TsukiMirage
14th April 2009, 6:41 AM
Well, The other characters that were grey out are confirmed as dead, And with the other hints about Kakashi, It's not all that farfetched to believe. Whatever the outcome with Kakashi is, I have no doubt that he'll no longer be apart of the main story.

Haxon22
14th April 2009, 9:20 AM
I believe we had this discussion already... and we agrred that Kakashi is DEAD

Kirby
14th April 2009, 9:56 AM
I didn't realize people agreeing on something made it fact. Let people think what they want, in the end the only person with the final say is the author himself. Is there any harm in people thinking Kakashi is alive? No? Then stop being so rude about it.

Shadow Lucario
14th April 2009, 9:59 AM
Well actually I didn't agree on anything. I believe he is alive and will end up in the hospital again for the hundredth time. Then again I could be wrong and he could be as dead as Jiraiya and I'm ready to accept that.

On another note, I wonder where Killer Bee went for his vacation XP

lucky_u
14th April 2009, 12:25 PM
As for the clones gathering sage chakra, I don't think they have to be in a specific spot. they can be anywhere, gathering natural energy, just as long as they remain still. They can be summoned from anywhere afaik.
I think the reason Naruto left it at the Frog Mountain (didn't remember the specific name) is that the oil there can help in gathering natural energy. Plus, while gathering natural energy, you are open to attacks, so left the clones with strong frogs should help.

14th April 2009, 1:27 PM
EITHER way, if he is alive or dead, Guy is the only one in active duty as of now, because even if he survives, Kakashi's injuries are probably the worse he's had in the series, also, isn't he almost buried in rubble atm? So even if he is alive, he won't be in active duty for a while. It'd take longer for his bones and stuff to recover than just exhausting his chakra.

Also, with the clones being at Froggy Mountain, isn't the mountain itself pretty much impossible to reach, so the clones are almost guaranteed absolute safety.

HoennMaster
14th April 2009, 1:51 PM
What will probably happen, is Team Guy will show up, and not wanting their talk to be disrupted, Konan will fight them and Guy will die.)

I'd like that, I'm not a fan of Guy. I wish Kakashi was alive though (I still think he might be alive, but let's leave that alone), sucks having almost all of the mentors dead.

unless the Rinnegan has magical healing powers that can reverse that

If it did I don't think he would look like that.

I believe we had this discussion already... and we agrred that Kakashi is DEAD

Not true, more like people yelling trying to convince people. No agreeing.

~Heaven Help Us~
15th April 2009, 12:19 AM
Hi, idk if anyone noticed, or cares, but i was internetless for like a really long while, so can anyone fill me in in what you are talking bout now?

Rashdan
15th April 2009, 7:09 AM
I think the reason Naruto left it at the Frog Mountain (didn't remember the specific name) is that the oil there can help in gathering natural energy. Plus, while gathering natural energy, you are open to attacks, so left the clones with strong frogs should help.
Naruto doesn't really need the oil to gather natural energy. He did at first, but quickly got to the point where he could absorb natural energy without it.
I do agree that being in a safe location is a must, hence Frog mountain. However, there ARE other potentially, and equally, safe locations to choose. It's not every day a member of Akatsuki just runs into a Naruto clone gathering natural energy (considering there's so few of them left, and there aren't any other villains).

@HoennMaster: exactly why I think Nagato will die soon.

HoennMaster
15th April 2009, 9:44 AM
He could put a few clones behind the Hokage faces. :)

Shadow Lucario
15th April 2009, 10:00 AM
He could put a few clones behind the Hokage faces. :)

Six tails destroyed that remember XP At least I think it was destroyed. The six tailed Naruto used that Menacing Ball and it exploded. Then we didn't see the Hokage faces.

HoennMaster
15th April 2009, 11:38 AM
Actually, very distance view of the destroyed village still shows the mountain intact, can't see the faces though.

TsukiMirage
15th April 2009, 12:14 PM
EITHER way, if he is alive or dead, Guy is the only one in active duty as of now, because even if he survives, Kakashi's injuries are probably the worse he's had in the series, also, isn't he almost buried in rubble atm? So even if he is alive, he won't be in active duty for a while. It'd take longer for his bones and stuff to recover than just exhausting his chakra.

Also, with the clones being at Froggy Mountain, isn't the mountain itself pretty much impossible to reach, so the clones are almost guaranteed absolute safety. The mountain can't be that hard to find, Considering Pain seem to know where it was. Although that could have been because of Jiraiya.

Lucario At Service
15th April 2009, 12:26 PM
Spoilers are out and it is mostly about Naruto's talk with Nagato & also we start to know about Nagato's past (before he meet Jiraiya). Also the thing i have been waiting for has finally been shown i.e., the combination of Naruto's Sage Chakra & Kyuubi Chakra (i have been trying to figure out how his eyes will look from the moment i saw Naruto's Sage eyes. Now that has been answered).
http://i39.*******.com/29dimma.jpghttp://i44.*******.com/28miuyh.jpg

Here is a translated script for this chapter,
Naruto and Nagato talks.
Nagato fires a black rod from his wheelchair.
Naruto takes it to his stomach.

He then sees Jiraiya's death and how Kakashi died from Nagato.

Nagato[Thoughts?]: I try to manipulate Naruto and take him back, but Naruto is resisting the black rod.

Konan: To repel Nagato's chakra at this range, what a kid.

Naruto: [I don't get what he's saying, sorry]
Naruto's eyes turn into frog + Kyuubi eyes

Naruto: I can't forgive you, I want to kill you right now!

He charges at Nagato

But he stops just before him.

Naruto: I don't know anything about you, why do you hate [Konoha]?
Talk to me!

So Nagato starts talking

I have two pain[ful events], one of them is my parents being killed

Then Nagato begins talking about his past

At the height of the Great Ninja War, we had been too late at escaping, so we were hiding at our family's house.
Two ninjas came into our house.

They were searching for some food

Nagato's parents: Nagato, you need to hide.
Then they charge at the two ninja

The ninja: They're enemies.
They kill his parents instantly.
The ninja: There's one more around here.
The ninja search for food
They look at the corpses
The ninja: They were just civilians, huh. Why would civilians, in the middle of a battle... We're sorry, kid

At that moment, lighting strikes outside, and what Nagato sees, is a Konoha headband

Nagato: UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

And then, the Rinnengan is activated

15th April 2009, 2:14 PM
Spoilers are out and it is mostly about Naruto's talk with Nagato & also we start to know about Nagato's past (before he meet Jiraiya). Also the thing i have been waiting for has finally been shown i.e., the combination of Naruto's Sage Chakra & Kyuubi Chakra (i have been trying to figure out how his eyes will look from the moment i saw Naruto's Sage eyes. Now that has been answered).
http://i39.*******.com/29dimma.jpghttp://i44.*******.com/28miuyh.jpg

Here is a translated script for this chapter,
Naruto and Nagato talks.
Nagato fires a black rod from his wheelchair.
Naruto takes it to his stomach.

He then sees Jiraiya's death and how Kakashi died from Nagato.

Nagato[Thoughts?]: I try to manipulate Naruto and take him back, but Naruto is resisting the black rod.

Konan: To repel Nagato's chakra at this range, what a kid.

Naruto: [I don't get what he's saying, sorry]
Naruto's eyes turn into frog + Kyuubi eyes

Naruto: I can't forgive you, I want to kill you right now!

He charges at Nagato

But he stops just before him.

Naruto: I don't know anything about you, why do you hate [Konoha]?
Talk to me!

So Nagato starts talking

I have two pain[ful events], one of them is my parents being killed

Then Nagato begins talking about his past

At the height of the Great Ninja War, we had been too late at escaping, so we were hiding at our family's house.
Two ninjas came into our house.

They were searching for some food

Nagato's parents: Nagato, you need to hide.
Then they charge at the two ninja

The ninja: They're enemies.
They kill his parents instantly.
The ninja: There's one more around here.
The ninja search for food
They look at the corpses
The ninja: They were just civilians, huh. Why would civilians, in the middle of a battle... We're sorry, kid

At that moment, lighting strikes outside, and what Nagato sees, is a Konoha headband

Nagato: UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

And then, the Rinnengan is activated
So Kakashi is now 110% dead?

TsukiMirage
15th April 2009, 5:54 PM
While I do believe Kakashi's dead, That line could be just referring to what Nagato saw. Other then that, This chapter's gonna bring me headaches, I know it.

uber gon
15th April 2009, 6:03 PM
Great, now Konoha ninjas are being portrayed as even bigger jerks.

~Heaven Help Us~
16th April 2009, 12:57 AM
Spoilers look pretty tight. Finally they confirm Kakashi's death in the manga.

uber gon
16th April 2009, 4:38 AM
Wonder how powerful could a Kyuubi chakra empowered Rasenshuriken could be? Bet that paper tree will be reduced to cynders.:p

Mobile Suit Pilot
16th April 2009, 5:01 AM
So from those spoilers it seems like part of it was that was nagato's parents faults for dying...I mean, if you charge at armed soldiers during war time, I'd think they'd mechanically respond, and try to kill...

TsukiMirage
16th April 2009, 5:28 AM
So from those spoilers it seems like part of it was that was nagato's parents faults for dying...I mean, if you charge at armed soldiers during war time, I'd think they'd mechanically respond, and try to kill...
Yeah, Silly people. How dare they attempt to protect themselves and their child from enemy soldiers. Of course in a time of war, Civilians are never killed.

If you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic. They were in the middle of war trying to protect their child. They had no way of knowing the intentions of the Konohanins. What, Were they just suppose to wait until the trained killers tried to murder them?

Shadow Lucario
16th April 2009, 5:33 AM
Maybe he'll say how Yahiko died. That has been bothering me for a long time. Makes you wonder how Nagato would have turned out if he didn't die.

HoennMaster
16th April 2009, 7:39 AM
I think this is the first time I have ever been excited for a chapter to be mostly talking. Looks good.

The mountain can't be that hard to find, Considering Pain seem to know where it was. Although that could have been because of Jiraiya.

Pain only knew about the location from looking into the mind of Shizune.

Spoilers look pretty tight. Finally they confirm Kakashi's death in the manga.

Not really. Nagato saying it could be just what he thinks. It won't be 100% until we get someone in the village finding his body and say he is dead.

TsukiMirage
16th April 2009, 8:58 AM
Shizune is less likely to know the location then Nagato, Who was Jiraiya's pupil. Also Jiraiya though of Nagato as the child of prophecy, So that's even more reason from Jiraiya to tell Nagato.

lucky_u
16th April 2009, 10:13 AM
Naruto doesn't really need the oil to gather natural energy. He did at first, but quickly got to the point where he could absorb natural energy without it.
I do agree that being in a safe location is a must, hence Frog mountain. However, there ARE other potentially, and equally, safe locations to choose. It's not every day a member of Akatsuki just runs into a Naruto clone gathering natural energy (considering there's so few of them left, and there aren't any other villains).

@HoennMaster: exactly why I think Nagato will die soon.

I already stated that it will make it easier, and since it will require lesser concentration, therefore Naruto could use more Kage Bunshin. (my theory though)
Of course, maybe in the future Naruto could find a better place and safer place, and enough guards to keep them safe. But, in the meantime, he will just put those clones at the Frog mountain. Safe place is not nearby, you know?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as I expected, this week is mostly talking.
Looks like we could figure out what can Rinnengan do next week.

Shadow Lucario
16th April 2009, 10:41 AM
Maybe we'll find out if there really is a sixth element and what it is. It supposedly is something along the lines of Yin and Yang.

Lucario At Service
16th April 2009, 10:51 AM
Of course, maybe in the future Naruto could find a better place and safer place, and enough guards to keep them safe. But, in the meantime, he will just put those clones at the Frog mountain. Safe place is not nearby, you know?
But how would Naruto send the clones to gather the Nature chakra in the Frog mountain. For that to work at Naruto's current power state would be that before the start of every battle he would have to make one of the frogs reverse summon him to the mountains where he would leave his clone to gather the nature chakra (while he gather himself some) & then someone again would have to summon him back to the present battle location.
Also i don't think the frog mountain would be a good place for him to use because it is alot far & he would have to reverse summon the clones too everytime to get the energy which would be difficult in a battle (this method is only good for battles like he had with Pain where he knew that he was going to a fight & prepared for it in advanced but not good for instant battles which could spring out any moment).

According to me there is only one way for Naruto to get over this problem & that is to learn his father's other original technique which is the "Flying Thunder God Technique". With this jutsu he can easily make two clones to goto some of his very secret places during a fight & let them gather the chakra & then he would just have to release the shadow clones to get the energy too. This technique is much better than the summoning one because here Naruto wouldn't have to depend on someone to summon him or his clones to the place required (instead he would just have to leave some sort of mark on someone or somewhere to make his journey to the battle location) which would take a lot of time (maybe around 5-15 min according to me whereas this jutsu would take around 30 sec -2 min for all to work).

Shadow Lucario
16th April 2009, 3:18 PM
One problem with that. No one knows how to do it so how will he learn it? No one can teach him and I don't think there are any more of those kunai with the seals on it. I think the Flying Thunder God is way past Naruto's level of Jutsu.

Lucario At Service
16th April 2009, 4:56 PM
One problem with that. No one knows how to do it so how will he learn it? No one can teach him and I don't think there are any more of those kunai with the seals on it. I think the Flying Thunder God is way past Naruto's level of Jutsu.
Well it might be possible that the Minato's image inside Naruto could teach him or else as with many jutsu's there is a chance that Minato might have created a scroll which contains info or theory about that jutsu use.
As for those Kunai with the seals, i think once Naruto learns the basic concept of the jutsu he would be able to create them himself. Also i think the previous seals which Minato used won't be of any use to Naruto because the seals have to be unique to the user (as much as i understand about the jutsu).
As for the possibility of Naruto learning it, well even if Naruto doesn't learn Flying Thunder God jutsu he would have to come up with a jutsu of similar nature in order to fight Tobi/Madara to some extent (or else it would be like his previous battle with him). And i don't think it is past Naruto's capabilities as he has proven himself to be quite capable in doing things which others find very difficult to do (if Flying Thunder God is really way past his level then i think Naruto shouldn't have been able to learn gathering nature chakra or else create Rasenshuriken).
So in the end Naruto would have to learn either Flying Thunder God or else create one of similar nature by himself (which i think most likely be based on the theory of Flying Thunder God).

Side Note:- As one of my wishes have come true in the upcoming chapter i.e., the mix of Sage mode & Kyuubi mode. I think it won't be farfetched to think that Naruto would be able to create other element Rasengan's. And if i am right it would be easy for him to do it even if he doesn't have the affinity for that element by using the method he creates Rasenshuriken. He would just have to replace his one clone which uses nature manipulation with someone with other element nature & have them add his nature to that jutsu (there might be few problem still though but he would be able to get over it).
But the real problem here is that except Naruto & Sasuke, none of the other Konoha 12 can use nature manipulation (though there are other people with whose help he could make it but i think that this combo will only be used in connection with the Konoha 12). Also i think Naruto would still not make the fire element one as he would make it with the help of Sasuke.

Also in this way Naruto would be able to create the ultimate nature manipulated Rasengan with the combination of all the elements together but this one i think would only appear at the end of the series because the power this jutsu would have would be unimaginable (& also the balance required to make this would be incredibly immense aswell).

Horoika1
17th April 2009, 5:23 AM
Like father like son, right LAS?

HoennMaster
17th April 2009, 10:23 AM
Kind of a dumb chapter. Only the last few pages are back story.

Shadow Lucario
17th April 2009, 10:49 AM
Well it might be possible that the Minato's image inside Naruto could teach him or else as with many jutsu's there is a chance that Minato might have created a scroll which contains info or theory about that jutsu use.
As for those Kunai with the seals, i think once Naruto learns the basic concept of the jutsu he would be able to create them himself. Also i think the previous seals which Minato used won't be of any use to Naruto because the seals have to be unique to the user (as much as i understand about the jutsu).
As for the possibility of Naruto learning it, well even if Naruto doesn't learn Flying Thunder God jutsu he would have to come up with a jutsu of similar nature in order to fight Tobi/Madara to some extent (or else it would be like his previous battle with him). And i don't think it is past Naruto's capabilities as he has proven himself to be quite capable in doing things which others find very difficult to do (if Flying Thunder God is really way past his level then i think Naruto shouldn't have been able to learn gathering nature chakra or else create Rasenshuriken).
So in the end Naruto would have to learn either Flying Thunder God or else create one of similar nature by himself (which i think most likely be based on the theory of Flying Thunder God).

The user doesn't need seals unique to themselves. The only unique thing is that it requires no Chakra and that the seals emit the same Chakra as the user.

The Flying Thunder God could still be past Naruto's level and he could still learn RasenShuriken. As it is his own technique of course he could use it. He created it. The same could be said about Kakashi. He can't use Flying Thunder God for two reasons: It was never taught to him and it is beyond him. Even with those reasons Kakashi created an S-Rank Jutsu.

While on the topic of the technique, Chidori, it is simply nature manipulation, no shape. Sasuke can use this with ease and even created variations of it by adding shape. He still wouldn't be able to use Flying Thunder God even though he can manipulate nature Chakra. Based on your logic because Sasuke can manipulate nature Chakra he can learn the Flying Thunder God.

If there was a scroll for this technique I think they would have said so by now. Also, just because Madara uses a technique that surpasses this one doesn't mean Naruto needs to learn Flying Thunder God or a similar one to defeat him. Naruto doesn't even have to be the one to defeat him. It can be even Konohamaru.

Lucario At Service
17th April 2009, 11:33 AM
The user doesn't need seals unique to themselves. The only unique thing is that it requires no Chakra and that the seals emit the same Chakra as the user.
If the seal releases the same chakra as the user doesn't it makes the seal itself a unique seal as every persons chakra form is different from the other. So if Naruto had to use that seal he would have to change it so that it emits the same type of chakra as his (thus making it unique to himself).

The Flying Thunder God could still be past Naruto's level and he could still learn RasenShuriken. As it is his own technique of course he could use it. He created it. The same could be said about Kakashi. He can't use Flying Thunder God for two reasons: It was never taught to him and it is beyond him. Even with those reasons Kakashi created an S-Rank Jutsu.

While on the topic of the technique, Chidori, it is simply nature manipulation, no shape. Sasuke can use this with ease and even created variations of it by adding shape. He still wouldn't be able to use Flying Thunder God even though he can manipulate nature Chakra. Based on your logic because Sasuke can manipulate nature Chakra he can learn the Flying Thunder God.
I wasn't comparing the nature manipulation with Flying Thunder God, i was just comparing there difficulty level (in technique terms). So if we take the difficulty level of the jutsu in account wouldn't it be understandable that if Naruto can learn Shadow Clone & Multiple Shadow Clone jutsu, a A-rank jutsu like Rasengan & create a S-rank jutsu like RasenShuriken & also learn a very difficult art of gathering Nature Chakra to its perfect state (which i think is also an S-rank or higher level technique). Wouldn't he be atleast able to use the concept of Flying Thunder God which is an S-rank jutsu itself (as all the useful technique's he have learned till now are all high rank jutsu's).

Also do we really know that Flying Thunder God was way past Kakashi's level (after seeing him use Kamui which requires alot of chakra). It might be that Minato never taught Kakashi how to do it as you said (since some ninja's like to keep some skills unique to themselves until they die but seems less likely as Kakashi has shown to have quite a lot of konwledge about this jutsu) or else Kakashi might have really not been able to do that at the moment when Minato though him that as Kakashi didn't have the required knowledge about Space\Time Jutsu at that time or else he wasn't adaptable to a jutsu like that (while not being past his level).

Also Chidori isn't a simple nature manipulated jutsu, if it was it wouldn't have been a A-rank (assassination) jutsu. As to why Sasuke learned it & can use it with ease & create other versions of it, well he has the Sharingan doesn't he & also he was the student of a Sannin wasn't he.
As for Sasuke being able to use Flying Thunder God, well he doesn't know how that jutsu works for start. But if he knew about it, i expect him to able to do it to. Not because of his ability to do nature manipulation but because of his eyes. If you remember correctly Sasuke used a Space/Time jutsu to escape the blast of Deidara's Jutsu.

If there was a scroll for this technique I think they would have said so by now. Also, just because Madara uses a technique that surpasses this one doesn't mean Naruto needs to learn Flying Thunder God or a similar one to defeat him. Naruto doesn't even have to be the one to defeat him. It can be even Konohamaru.
Well i don't think people who know about these scroll would just go around telling every one about it. Only when the time comes would anyone tell him about it.
Yes, you are right that Naruto doesn't need to be the one to defeat Madara, but he still might have to face him in some way or another because after all he is the Nine-Tails host which used to be Madara's pet & most powerful weapon (in my previous post i never said that Naruto would defeat Madara, i just said he would have to fight him, the result of there battle as far as i know is unpredictable).
Also as Minato's image had said in ch 440 to Naruto that the ninja which was controling the 9-tails from the shadows was a very powerful ninja & one has to have a very unique set of abilities to fight him. He also said that that person would attack Konoha again & that is one of the reasons he sealed the 9-tails in Naruto because he believed that Naruto would be able to use its power to protect Konoha.
This clearly points that Naruto would have to face Madara (as much as i understand by reading it). So Naruto learning Flying Thunder God or create a similar jutsu like it to fight Madara (not defeat him) would be a necessary for him (as it is one of those unique skills which would be required for him to fight Madara).