PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The end is here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108

~Heaven Help Us~
23rd July 2009, 5:01 PM
Well, how can you not trust the hero of Konoha? :)

I think some people will not see Naruto as a hero when he starts telling everyone to forgive Sasuke.

uber gon
23rd July 2009, 6:36 PM
Well, how can you not trust the hero of Konoha? :)

Common sense.
Fear of his jinchurikki state.
Stubborn pride for Konoha.

BlueMew7
24th July 2009, 1:07 AM
Common sense.
Fear of his jinchurikki state.
Stubborn pride for Konoha.

Just adding on to the bolded part, he doesn't have the seal anymore. It would make more sense if they distrusted him even more than they did before.

I think some people will not see Naruto as a hero when he starts telling everyone to forgive Sasuke.

This may seem improbable at first glance, but I doubt that Naruto will tell everyone to forgive Sasuke. Yes, he has already told a few important people, but he isn't going to tell the majority of Konoha to forgive him. I have faith that Naruto will have enough common sense to know that it would be stupid to let Konoha to forgive Sasuke. Only a few people really need to know.

Having Naruto tell all of Konoha to forgive Sasuke won't effect Naruto's current "Hero" status. It would make them think less of Naruto. He will still be a hero to them nonetheless. And think about this: Which do you think has a bigger impact on Konoha in terms of spirit and emotion? Having Naruto tell Konoha to forgive Sasuke? Or having Naruto kill the ninja god, Pein? (Which he has already done)

Kamex
24th July 2009, 1:17 AM
Well actually Konoha believes in Naruto now, especially since he's taken down Pain. And I'm guessing the rest of the world will also if and when he defeats Madara.

But I guess at this point he only has his fellow Leaf shinobi backing him up.

TsukiMirage
24th July 2009, 3:35 AM
While Naruto is the village's hero for now, That can easily change, Especially when he trying to bring in a person who holds no loyalty to the village or anyone in it. People's opinions can shift quickly when it comes to a person, Something that has happen before in Konoha. So before Naruto starts preaching his "Forgive Sasuke" speech, He might want to come up with an actual reason that Sasuke should be forgiven, Besides a childhood promise.

~Heaven Help Us~
24th July 2009, 3:42 AM
While Naruto is the village's hero for now, That can easily change, Especially when he trying to bring in a person who holds no loyalty to the village or anyone in it. People's opinions can shift quickly when it comes to a person, Something that has happen before in Konoha. So before Naruto starts preaching his "Forgive Sasuke" speech, He might want to come up with an actual reason that Sasuke should be forgiven, Besides a childhood promise.

Something will happen in the future and Sasuke will be looked as as a hero.

Kamex
24th July 2009, 3:50 AM
Like helping Naruto take down a villain, probably Madara.

And then perhaps dying a hero... there goes the last of the Uchiha!

~Heaven Help Us~
24th July 2009, 3:55 AM
Like helping Naruto take down a villain, probably Madara.

And then perhaps dying a hero... there goes the last of the Uchiha!

hopefully he does die.

TsukiMirage
24th July 2009, 4:01 AM
Oh, It's most likely will happen when Danzo is reveal as a villain, Vindicating Sasuke in his desire to kill him and making him into a hero.

~Heaven Help Us~
24th July 2009, 4:06 AM
Oh, It's most likely will happen when Danzo is reveal as a villain, Vindicating Sasuke in his desire to kill him and making him into a hero.

I think killing Madara. Since everyone hates Akatsuki. Sasuke will probably be seen as a hero in other countries.

christiandeath77
24th July 2009, 4:08 AM
Actually I think sasuke will die. No doubt will Danzo be discovered, but Sasuke will probably die fighting along Naruto against Madara. And Naruto will tell Konoha to never forget him or something like that.

Damn, I wish Itachi was still alive.

Shadow Lucario
24th July 2009, 4:41 AM
I think Sasuke should be viewed as a hero. He killed the number one person in Konoha's Bingo Book. They should be grateful. Not only that, but he "killed" the person who murdered his entire clan and was viewed as a villain by the village, save for the elders and Sandaime Hokage.

~Heaven Help Us~
24th July 2009, 4:49 AM
I think Sasuke should be viewed as a hero. He killed the number one person in Konoha's Bingo Book. They should be grateful. Not only that, but he "killed" the person who murdered his entire clan and was viewed as a villain by the village, save for the elders and Sandaime Hokage.

You think Sasuke regrets killing Itachi?

uber gon
24th July 2009, 5:10 AM
You think Sasuke regrets killing Itachi?

After hearing Madara's "truth" on Itachi most likely. Frankly I'm starting to view Konoha negatively too.

~Heaven Help Us~
24th July 2009, 5:15 AM
After hearing Madara's "truth" on Itachi most likely. Frankly I'm starting to view Konoha negatively too.

Maybe that's the points of the destruction of it. So it can get a clean start.

LittleRedRodeo
24th July 2009, 5:17 AM
I saw a spoiler for the color pages (though scanlations should be releasing the whole thing soon). Was anyone else suprised by some of the color choices here? The Mizukage has reddish-brown hair, (possibly) green eyes, and bright blue clothes. While I think she's still pretty, Kishimoto has gotta be colorblind. :p

Or at least has an obsession with red hair colors.

wolvie616
24th July 2009, 6:00 AM

actually, i think danzo might be madara

or at least have obito's other eye....

wolvie616
24th July 2009, 6:10 AM

ANBU gave him that mission, and ANBU is headed by DANZO....it clicks

Kamex
24th July 2009, 6:31 AM
Really? I dunno, it seems a bit shallow for Kishi to have Sasuke vindicated when he isn't even trying to be. I mean if it's against Madara, he'll either be a good guy by that point, or it'll at least seem somewhat honorable, rather than simple revenge against a man who you say hasn't even done anything wrong against his own village.

I saw a spoiler for the color pages (though scanlations should be releasing the whole thing soon). Was anyone else suprised by some of the color choices here? The Mizukage has reddish-brown hair, (possibly) green eyes, and bright blue clothes. While I think she's still pretty, Kishimoto has gotta be colorblind. :p

I haven't seen the pic yet, but I have to say I'm glad she isn't blonde. That color scheme does sound rather... bright, but at least it'll be unique. But I have to see it to make a firm opinion.

ANBU gave him that mission, and ANBU is headed by DANZO....it clicks
Danzo only headed the Root portion, and unless it'll be a future plot twist of sorts Itachi was never associated with Root. Although Danzo didn't have to be the actual head of the ANBU to have some sort of influence over Itachi's mission, so that point isn't completely invalid.

Skater Trainer
24th July 2009, 6:39 AM

Link to the spoilers?

TsukiMirage
24th July 2009, 7:11 AM
I think killing Madara. Since everyone hates Akatsuki. Sasuke will probably be seen as a hero in other countries. Possibly, But really, The only thing that matter is what Konoha thinks. Which is why I see Danzo getting taken out first. He's really the only threat in Naruto's way to bring back Sasuke.

I think Sasuke should be viewed as a hero. He killed the number one person in Konoha's Bingo Book. They should be grateful. Not only that, but he "killed" the person who murdered his entire clan and was viewed as a villain by the village, save for the elders and Sandaime Hokage. While taking out Orochimaru could be seen as heroic, Sasuke did for his own reasons. Like Suigetsu said, Everyone was out to get Orochimaru and it was only because of favoritism that Sasuke got his chance. The same could be said for Itachi. Which actually brings up the question of why Itachi didn't deal with Orochimaru when he had the chance years ago. He could have removed Konoha's greatest threat and prevented the whole Suna/Oto invasion. Anyway, If we consider these deeds as vindicating Sasuke, Then we'll have to apply the "Ends justifies the Means" to all the characters, Eliminating several characters as villains.

Really? I dunno, it seems a bit shallow for Kishi to have Sasuke vindicated when he isn't even trying to be. I mean if it's against Madara, he'll either be a good guy by that point, or it'll at least seem somewhat honorable, rather than simple revenge against a man who you say hasn't even done anything wrong against his own village. Most likely, By the time Sasuke gets to fully confront Danzo, Some horrible past action by him will be reveal, Justifying his death.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
24th July 2009, 8:57 AM
I couldn't help but feel ****** off at the Raikage this chapter, especially when Yamato mentioned the Hyuga incident. By the way, when he said "You" do you think he was talking to that Raikage specifically, or to his village as a whole? Sure, Sasuke (whom has now become affiliated with Akatsuki) is obviously a bigger threat now than a single kekkei genkai, but still...

Kamex
24th July 2009, 10:22 AM
I couldn't help but feel ****** off at the Raikage this chapter, especially when Yamato mentioned the Hyuga incident.
I dunno, I thought everything he said made sense. Besides, you can tell by the way he looked back over his shoulder when he was leaving that he felt the slightest bit of sympathy for Naruto. Of course, when his brother turns out to be alive, they'll finally patch things up.

By the way, when he said "You" do you think he was talking to that Raikage specifically, or to his village as a whole?
It's hard to tell. I wouldn't say it's certain yet.

Anyway, I really liked the color spread of the five kage. Raikage looks even more like a wrestler than before... And the Mizukage doesn't look strange to me at all. The blue dress is nice-looking and appropriate, and I'm satisfied with her hair color. Not to mention she's a lot hotter than most of the other women from the series usually look. Even Tsunade. :)

TsukiMirage
24th July 2009, 10:31 AM
I think Yamato was just referring to Kumo as a whole when he said you. But considering Konoha's strength would have still probably been weak at the time, I can't see Konoha wanting to go to war even if they wanted too. Although Yamato's attitude was quite bad. That could have been considered a threat.

I'm being to question Naruto's ability to be a main character. First he lets Karui beat him badly and then he breaks down in front of the Raikage. Someone really needs to snap Naruto out of his disillusions. And he really needs to stop equaling everything to revenge, Because seriously, That doesn't even factor in this. Kumo wants Sasuke for a crime he commented, The same as Konoha. They aren't out just for revenge, So he needs to stop with the speeches. And more importantly, Why would killing Sasuke start a war between Konoha and Kumo? Wouldn't his immature desire to save Sasuke be more likely to start said war?

Karin was impressive this chakra, Revealing a new use for her powers, Although the holier then thou attitude was a little much. At least Team Taka seem to got into the samurai base quite easily.

24th July 2009, 11:43 AM
I dunno, I thought everything he said made sense. Besides, you can tell by the way he looked back over his shoulder when he was leaving that he felt the slightest bit of sympathy for Naruto. Of course, when his brother turns out to be alive, they'll finally patch things up.

It's hard to tell. I wouldn't say it's certain yet.

Anyway, I really liked the color spread of the five kage. Raikage looks even more like a wrestler than before... And the Mizukage doesn't look strange to me at all. The blue dress is nice-looking and appropriate, and I'm satisfied with her hair color. Not to mention she's a lot hotter than most of the other women from the series usually look. Even Tsunade. :)
Not saying he didn't make sense, but it was just pretty mean. But yeah, once he finds out his younger brother is alive he MIGHT have a change of heart (but then it'd still be attempted murder =3)

squirtleking
24th July 2009, 12:48 PM
Can I restart the argument about how badly Hinata's being messed around? Now it looks like Sai's about to tell Sakura that Naruto's in love with her, presumably so she can come running to his rescue or something later. Meanwhile, has Naruto even checked to see if Hinata's ok, let alone spoken to her about her confession?

Hmmm....

~Heaven Help Us~
24th July 2009, 4:26 PM
What do you think Sai's "update" is??
The Raikage looks really tight in this chapter, you know all built and stuff. But at the same time, he was acting like an ***. But at the same time when he was leaving and looked back it looked like he recognized Naruto as the Jinchuriki or the hero of Konoha. And I'm pretty sure he was referring to the whole village when Yamato said "You".
I'm also wondering why Sai needs to talk to Sakura for. I'm sure it's not to tell her that Naruto likes her.

And the Mizukae looks hot btw.lol.

edit: you know what sucks, that Kishi literally made Iwagakure the same as Sunagakure.

TsukiMirage
24th July 2009, 6:43 PM
What do you think Sai's "update" is??
The Raikage looks really tight in this chapter, you know all built and stuff. But at the same time, he was acting like an ***.
Sai's update was probably nothing but him telling Danzo Naruto was still in Konoha. How was the Raikage an ***? He was speaking the truth.

24th July 2009, 7:49 PM
Sai's update was probably nothing but him telling Danzo Naruto was still in Konoha. How was the Raikage an ***? He was speaking the truth.

Who says telling the truth doesn't make you look like an *** at the same time?

Can I restart the argument about how badly Hinata's being messed around? Now it looks like Sai's about to tell Sakura that Naruto's in love with her, presumably so she can come running to his rescue or something later. Meanwhile, has Naruto even checked to see if Hinata's ok, let alone spoken to her about her confession?

Hmmm....
He probably hasn't had that much time to talk to Hinata. During the obligatory rebuild Konoha chapter, he was probably recovering from wounds during the Pain fight, and almost instantly after that the Kumo Ninjas were beating him up, and now he's just pestered the Raikage.

Also, Sai is so going to tell Sakura Naruto 'likes' her - or confess his love for her xD

Kamex
24th July 2009, 8:34 PM
once he finds out his younger brother is alive he MIGHT have a change of heart (but then it'd still be attempted murder =3)
Which is why, on top of Killer Bee still being alive, Raikage will only forgive Sasuke for Naruto's sake, or because Sasuke will have already made up for his sins at that point.

Hmmm....
There are so many love triangles going around that I really don't know if Kishi is going to go anywhere with most of them, even by the end of the series.

you know what sucks, that Kishi literally made Iwagakure the same as Sunagakure.
If you mean the landscape/village, I bet they will look more distinctive in the anime (or they already do... I don't know if Iwa's been shown yet).

LittleRedRodeo
24th July 2009, 8:40 PM

Hmmm....

I was more upset that Naruto went off without his teammate to talk to the Raikage without telling her. As for Hinata, I think Kishimoto's deliberately yanking the pairing chains. NaruSaku vs NaruHina is pretty big in Japan too, and Kishi's keen on that. That's why we've got scenes like Sakura thinking that Hinata loves Naruto, Hinata's infamous silent "..." when Sakura hugged Naruto, and this scene with Sai* acknowledging Naruto's crush on Sakura. It's all so agonizingly vague that it's obviously Kishimoto messing with the shippers heads, and it's kinda funny. Because overall, the pairings are not what Kishi cares about most in the manga. That's why they're only teased at, and that's why we don't see Naruto thinking about Hinata's confession afterwards or trying to speak to her. Maybe it's unrealistic (much?), but the main plot beckons.

*Actually, I thought this was more likely showing how Sai has grown as a person and has come to care for his teammates, to the point where he can discuss personal things. I don't think he'll go to Sakura and tell him about Naruto's feelings, but I do think that he wants the two of them to go help Naruto together as a team. (But if Sai confesses for Naruto next chapter, I'll swallow my words :p)

Kamex
24th July 2009, 9:20 PM
I was more upset that Naruto went off without his teammate to talk to the Raikage without telling her. As for Hinata, I think Kishimoto's deliberately yanking the pairing chains. NaruSaku vs NaruHina is pretty big in Japan too, and Kishi's keen on that. That's why we've got scenes like Sakura thinking that Hinata loves Naruto, Hinata's infamous silent "..." when Sakura hugged Naruto, and this scene with Sai* acknowledging Naruto's crush on Sakura. It's all so agonizingly vague that it's obviously Kishimotos messing with the shippers heads, and it's kinda funny. Because overall, the pairings are not what Kishi cares about most in the manga. That's why they're only teased at, and that's why we don't see Naruto thinking about Hinata's confession afterwards or trying to speak to her. Maybe it's unrealistic (much?), but the main plot beckons.
Well said... though I still wonder if Kishi is going to go through with a single pairing (whether it's involves Naruto or Sasuke or whomever) by the end of the story. I guess it doesn't really matter, but I just hope he doesn't pull a Digimon and just have everyone marry eachother sort of randomly in the end. :P

~Heaven Help Us~
25th July 2009, 12:47 AM
If you mean the landscape/village, I bet they will look more distinctive in the anime (or they already do... I don't know if Iwa's been shown yet).

Like they are both in some Desert/Wasteland with no trees around and stuff and the houses look the same.

TsukiMirage
25th July 2009, 1:17 AM
You realize Naruto has never said what he would do if Sasuke was killed. He's always shifting the blame onto his friends,Even though he would be the cause if Kumo killed Sasuke.

Who says telling the truth doesn't make you look like an *** at the same time? I still don't see how he was an ***. Naruto has yet to give a real reason that Sasuke should be spared.

He probably hasn't had that much time to talk to Hinata. During the obligatory rebuild Konoha chapter, he was probably recovering from wounds during the Pain fight, and almost instantly after that the Kumo Ninjas were beating him up, and now he's just pestered the Raikage. Naruto seem to have time to hang out with Sakura. And tere's no reason he couldn't talk to her as he healed. I think that Naruto is pretending to forgot about her.

Cain Nightroad
25th July 2009, 2:09 AM

That's what really annoyed me this chapter (especially with me being a hardcore fan of SasuSaku and NaruHina :rolleyes: ). And even if Naruto just smiles around Sakura like they're brother and sister, he didn't deny that he liked her or even said that he did in the past. Kishi really needs to rework Hinata into this eventually, because Sai is seriously going to ruin all of Hinata's hard work in working up the courage to tell Naruto that she loves him.

~Heaven Help Us~
25th July 2009, 2:58 AM
I still don't see how he was an ***. Naruto has yet to give a real reason that Sasuke should be spared.

Naruto should have said how he is a host and he know how it feels to be chased by Akatsuki. But probably Danzou or Gaara will mention it at the meeting. And the Raikage will be all surprised.

25th July 2009, 3:07 AM
or mention that Killer Bee is most likely STILL ALIVE (although we know he's alive)

~Heaven Help Us~
25th July 2009, 3:09 AM
or mention that Killer Bee is most likely STILL ALIVE (although we know he's alive)

I'd like it if he showed up at the meeting.

Edit: what does the Raikage mean by this (http://media2.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/000079242/13.jpg) when he said that they dealt with the Hyuuga??

Kamex
25th July 2009, 3:54 AM
I think it would have been interesting if Madara had sent Sasuke to capture the Ninetails (it's actually not too late for that plotline...).

Like they are both in some Desert/Wasteland with no trees around and stuff and the houses look the same.
Well, Suna is surrounded by sand, and their houses are similarly colored. Iwa is surrounded by rocks and mountainous regions, so it's a lot darker I assume. I'm not looking at the actual buildings so I can't compare those at the moment... but like I said, I'm sure they'll each look more unique when in animation and color.

I still don't see how he was an ***. Naruto has yet to give a real reason that Sasuke should be spared.
I think he meant Raikage was being overly stern and cruel about it, rather than being unreasonable. Although I can't say I'm surprised a kage would be strict about this sort of thing, especially since Raikage is personally involved in this particular situation.

I'd like to point out, though, that it's interesting how different their personalities are; one brother is strict and scary, and the other's a jokester.

I sure do want to see those Enka ninja. :P

what does the Raikage mean by this (http://media2.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/000079242/13.jpg) when he said that they dealt with the Hyuuga??
He meant that in the Byakugan incident between the Leaf and the Cloud, Konoha was quick to quell Kumo's anger and avoid a political conflict by handing over Hizashi Hyuuga's life in exchange for Hiashi's killing of their head ninja. And in that scene he's expressing his bewilderment at the fact that for some reason this time it was taking them a long time to kill their rogue ninja (Sasuke).

25th July 2009, 4:03 AM
Am I the only one disappointed with the meeting room? It's just a small room with a table....I was expecting something more, epic.

Shadow Lucario
25th July 2009, 4:18 AM
Am I the only one disappointed with the meeting room? It's just a small room with a table....I was expecting something more, epic.

No you're not. I was too. I was expecting something like Organization XIII's meeting room XD

uber gon
25th July 2009, 5:47 AM
No you're not. I was too. I was expecting something like Organization XIII's meeting room XD

Maybe Mifune will have the room convert into something similar to Org. XIII, except for the disturbingly high chairs of course. Wonder how the Raikage will react to seeing Kirabi alive again?

TsukiMirage
25th July 2009, 6:32 AM
The room makes sense to me. It is a summit, So I had expected that it would be like something like the UN meeting.

ShiroRingo
25th July 2009, 6:43 AM
Not all meeting rooms have to be epic...you mean look at the place where the kages are meeting, it's just 6 chairs, a giant round table and flags xD

We can't all get giant statue meeting locations can we?

Though I'm more curious how the characters would react to the fact that a crippled old guy managed to become hokage. Plus Danzo's plan is sort off...off to me. Danzo wants to attend the meeting so he could gain respect from the Konoha jonin? Someone fill that logic hole for me because if I were jonin, I still wouldn't respect the guy even if he attended that meeting xD

TsukiMirage
25th July 2009, 6:55 AM
Well, Danzo gaining good relations with the other major villages would be a good selling point for him to be Hokage. Don't forget, Probably only a small part of the village would be wary of him and all he needs is the majority to accept him.

ShiroRingo
25th July 2009, 7:02 AM
Well, Danzo gaining good relations with the other major villages would be a good selling point for him to be Hokage. Don't forget, Probably only a small part of the village would be wary of him and all he needs is the majority to accept him.
Good selling point?!?!

Did I mention that the Villiage Hidden in the Clouds tried to steal the secrets of the Byakugan, Did I mention that the Mist village use to be a group of blood thirsty psycho paths, Did I mention that the Sand village despite it's treaty with the Leaf now days, ATTACKED the leaf? Oh yeah and the Stone village from all the chaos that happened Kakashi Gaiden. How is establishing a good relation ship with those villages a good selling point >_< In fact I would considering them hindering points...

uber gon
25th July 2009, 9:19 AM
Good selling point?!?!

Did I mention that the Villiage Hidden in the Clouds tried to steal the secrets of the Byakugan, Did I mention that the Mist village use to be a group of blood thirsty psycho paths, Did I mention that the Sand village despite it's treaty with the Leaf now days, ATTACKED the leaf? Oh yeah and the Stone village from all the chaos that happened Kakashi Gaiden. How is establishing a good relation ship with those villages a good selling point >_< In fact I would considering them hindering points...

Maybe the ninja world has a disturbingly short memory span, more or less.

Kamex
25th July 2009, 9:42 AM
Good selling point?!?!

All of those events you mentioned are precisely why building good relations with the other villages would be desired; then supposedly Danzo would be the man to stop such things from happening as often.

TsukiMirage
25th July 2009, 3:18 PM
Good selling point?!?!

Did I mention that the Villiage Hidden in the Clouds tried to steal the secrets of the Byakugan, Did I mention that the Mist village use to be a group of blood thirsty psycho paths, Did I mention that the Sand village despite it's treaty with the Leaf now days, ATTACKED the leaf? Oh yeah and the Stone village from all the chaos that happened Kakashi Gaiden. How is establishing a good relation ship with those villages a good selling point >_< In fact I would considering them hindering points... Establishing good relations would prevent those things from happening in the future. It would also enable Konoha to call upon them in a time of crisis, Like Suna did when Gaara was kidnapped. Not to mention preventing war.

Besides, Konoha isn't exactly the saintly village itself.

~Heaven Help Us~
25th July 2009, 4:28 PM

Not really, I find the room to be pretty cool.

25th July 2009, 5:50 PM
The way the Kage are sitting reminds me of having to sit down to talk to teachers at school - even if it was something like a courtroom, where they all stood up and had desks in front of them to place material they may need to bring up, or notes of the agenda, something to create the image of space which also represents their power.

Horoika1
25th July 2009, 6:07 PM
The room is subtle, there's no need for extravagance.

~Heaven Help Us~
25th July 2009, 6:09 PM
The room is subtle, there's no need for extravagance.

I like the flags in the back. That's the best part.

Blaziryu
25th July 2009, 10:57 PM
Too bad Naruto couldn't convince the Raikage to forgive Sasuke. Who knows, Gaara might put in a good word for Naruto if his name is mention during the meeting. It would make sense for an Kage to listen to another Kage.

Horoika1
26th July 2009, 12:41 AM
I like the flags in the back. That's the best part.

I can't believe I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Yes, they do look nice.

ShiroRingo
26th July 2009, 1:40 AM
Too bad Naruto couldn't convince the Raikage to forgive Sasuke. Who knows, Gaara might put in a good word for Naruto if his name is mention during the meeting. It would make sense for an Kage to listen to another Kage.

I'm not sure. Sure NAruto got on his knees and ask for forgivness in Sasuke but the thing is, Naruto has gave the Raikage no reason to let Sasuke go. I honestly have to agree with the Raikage completely. It's up to Naruto to prevent something from happening to Sasuke.

Plus even if Gaara put a good word for Naruto I doubt the Raikage would listen.

~Heaven Help Us~
26th July 2009, 2:26 AM
I can't believe I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Yes, they do look nice.

Don't worry, i noticed them on my second read.

Kamex
26th July 2009, 3:17 AM
Lol, I didn't notice the kanji either...

But I did notice what looks like a person behind the flags (or whatever they are). So is that a person, or what?

~Heaven Help Us~
26th July 2009, 3:51 AM
Lol, I didn't notice the kanji either...

But I did notice what looks like a person behind the flags (or whatever they are). So is that a person, or what?

Do the (http://media2.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/000196892/06-07.jpg)
Clothes match? (http://media2.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/000203252/18-19.jpg)
They are the body guards of the Kages behind the flags.

BlueMew7
26th July 2009, 4:03 AM

I guess it's the rebelious side of me that would like to think that, but that is far from true. What kind of hero wants to destroy the Leaf Village. The reason he killed Itachi was because of anger and revenge. A hero doesn't usually kill just soley for revenge if I am not mistaken.

Alright, new question!

Towards the end of Naruto 457, Sai entered a room that Sakura and Tsunade's assistant (forgot her name) were in. He told Sakura that he needed to talk to her. What do you think Sai is going to talk about?

TsukiMirage
26th July 2009, 4:57 AM
Shizune is Tsunade's assistant. On to the point, Since Sai was having flashbacks of NaruSaku, I'm gonna go with revealing to Sakura what Naruto is doing for her. It might make their relationship clearer.

MarshtompMan
26th July 2009, 5:51 PM
How the hell do you forgot the name of one of the most prominent minor characters?

~Heaven Help Us~
26th July 2009, 6:32 PM
Shizune is Tsunade's assistant. On to the point, Since Sai was having flashbacks of NaruSaku, I'm gonna go with revealing to Sakura what Naruto is doing for her. It might make their relationship clearer.

I bet she'll still be all like "Sasuke-Kun, Sasuke-Kun!"

26th July 2009, 7:50 PM
Sai: So Sakura, Naruto wants to do you and I want to do you too
Sakura: I wuv Sasuke-kun <3
Raikage: *bursts in* I WANNA KILL 'IM
*Naruto comes in and bows his head*: Please Raikage, don't kill a criminal for loads of logical reasons

there we go =3

~Heaven Help Us~
26th July 2009, 8:04 PM
*Naruto comes in and bows his head*: Please Raikage, don't kill a criminal for loads of logical reasons

there we go =3

Exactly. ;)

BlueMew7
26th July 2009, 8:40 PM

there we go =3

Wow, that was absolutely perfect.

Shizune is Tsunade's assistant.

Shizune! That's who it was! I don't even know how I forgot her name.

On to the point, Since Sai was having flashbacks of NaruSaku, I'm gonna go with revealing to Sakura what Naruto is doing for her. It might make their relationship clearer.

I was thinking that Sai would reveal to Sakura Naruto's feelings for her, but that was just my first initial thought, but your guess is more logical.

How the hell do you forgot the name of one of the most prominent minor characters?

Oh, I'm sorry for not remembering a minor character's name, even if she is one of the most noticable of that character class. I just started catching up with Manga only a month ago. Do you expect me to remember a minor character's name? Alright, that's enough of that. Let's get back to the discussion.

26th July 2009, 9:17 PM
Who needs to know Shizune's name anyway? She does nothing right - not even die.

Sai, being the social idiot he is, will so tell Sakura xD

BlueMew7
26th July 2009, 9:32 PM
Who needs to know Shizune's name anyway? She does nothing right - not even die.

Sai, being the social idiot he is, will so tell Sakura xD

Could you be more specific? Tell Sakura about Naruto's feelings? Or tell Sakura what Naruto is doing for Sakura?

Shadow Lucario
26th July 2009, 10:01 PM
I think Sai will tell her both. It makes sense. He tells her what Naruto is doing for her because of his feelings for her. They go hand in hand.

BlueMew7
26th July 2009, 10:41 PM
I guess he would have no choice but to tell her both, because Naruto's actions deserve a better explanation than because he kept a promise (although that might be enough for Sakura).

26th July 2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah, he'll say "He's doing so much for you because he likes you' which will either make Sakura feel like a complete idiot for not realising his feelings sooner, or be angry with him for doing all those things when she thought it was due to a close friendship.

To be honest, Naruto must like her a lot if he's willing to bring Sasuke back, considering how she felt about him.

BlueMew7
26th July 2009, 11:11 PM
Yeah, he'll say "He's doing so much for you because he likes you' which will either make Sakura feel like a complete idiot for not realising his feelings sooner, or be angry with him for doing all those things when she thought it was due to a close friendship.

To be honest, Naruto must like her a lot if he's willing to bring Sasuke back, considering how she felt about him.

Keep in mind that Sasuke is one of the closest people to Naruto, oddly enough. I still agree with you despite that obvious fact. Naruto has kept his promise for a little over 4 years. That is true commitment and will.

26th July 2009, 11:17 PM
Keep in mind that Sasuke is one of the closest people to Naruto, oddly enough. I still agree with you despite that obvious fact. Naruto has kept his promise for a little over 4 years. That is true commitment and will.
To be honest though, he probably only even tried to get on with him for Sakura, because at first they hated each other.

~Heaven Help Us~
27th July 2009, 12:31 AM

Doesn't Sakura know that Naruto likes her?

Shadow Lucario
27th July 2009, 12:37 AM
Naruto has kept his promise for a little over 4 years. That is true commitment and will.

It's actually only been a little over three. The timeskip was only two and a half years, not three. I think what is driving Naruto the most is the fact that he thought Sasuke was like a brother with Sasuke showing mutual feelings.

27th July 2009, 12:47 AM
Doesn't Sakura know that Naruto likes her?

I don't remember her specifically making mention of it - it does seem to be true that when you 'like' someone, the only one who doesn't notice is the person themselves.

BlueMew7
27th July 2009, 12:48 AM
To be honest though, he probably only even tried to get on with him for Sakura, because at first they hated each other.

I think that what you just said was true at first when Naruto was just starting to try to get along with Sasuke, but I think that as time went on, Naruto really did care for Sasuke. True, he was still doing it for Sakura, but at the same time he really did want to save Sasuke. Look back at how Naruto has acted towards Sasuke when Naruto didn't hate him. You can't fake those emotions and actions. I guess the bottom line is that Naruto accomplished what he did not expect to accomplish, which was to really have feeling for Sasuke and not just to get to know him just for Sakura.

I don't remember her specifically making mention of it - it does seem to be true that when you 'like' someone, the only one who doesn't notice is the person themselves.

Unless you are that kind of person that makes it extremely obvious and noticable, which was what Naruto basically did. He made extremely obvious hints and I think Sakura got the message, but she never really said that she knew. So it was kind of an indirect definition that she knew about Naruto and his feelings towards her.

Buizelster
27th July 2009, 1:07 AM
Meh on the Naruto forum I frequent there's constant whining about how Naruto hasn't talked to Hinata about the confession yet. Not to mention with this chapter it's being argued that it happened before the confession, and thus Naruto's feelings have changed. That he loves Hinata now not Sakura.

~Heaven Help Us~
27th July 2009, 1:24 AM
Meh on the Naruto forum I frequent there's constant whining about how Naruto hasn't talked to Hinata about the confession yet. Not to mention with this chapter it's being argued that it happened before the confession, and thus Naruto's feelings have changed. That he loves Hinata now not Sakura.

I can't wait for that conversation.

BlueMew7
27th July 2009, 1:36 AM

I am a NaruSaku shipper so it's natural for me to disagree with that statement. We don't know for sure that Naruto loves Hinata. The fact that you said Naruto's feelings have changed for sure and that he loves Hinata, is quite a bold statement. We just don't know that, and we don't know if Naruto still loves Sakura. We will just have to wait until this Thursday.

TsukiMirage
27th July 2009, 1:36 AM
First thing first, Shizune isn't a minor character. She's a major character with a minor role.

People don't completely change their feeling over one incident, And we have yet to see anything that says Naruto sees Hinata in a new light. The argument that he just didn't have time yet doesn't work since we've seen him doing nothing but hanging out with Sakura and talking.

Sakura should be clear on Naruto's feelings seeing as they joke around about it several times.

BlueMew7
27th July 2009, 4:09 AM
I guess we will just have to wait until this Thursday to see what Sai has to say and how Sakura will respond. So is there anything else that we can discuss until the next issue comes out?

Kamex
27th July 2009, 6:41 AM
About Naruto not following up with Hinata: I honestly think Kishi forgot about it and just moved on to more important plotlines. I'm sure he'll address it again eventually.

So is there anything else that we can discuss until the next issue comes out?
I would mention the Enka ninja again, but there really isn't anything to go on about that...

So how do you guys think Killer Bee and Naruto will get along? They may not at first, but I think they'll get along very well at some point. It would make sense because they're both jinchuuriki, and also because it would advance the story (Raikage forgiving Sasuke for Naruto). Not to mention they're both jokers lol.

ShiroRingo
27th July 2009, 6:57 AM
So how do you guys think Killer Bee and Naruto will get along? They may not at first, but I think they'll get along very well at some point. It would make sense because they're both jinchuuriki, and also because it would advance the story (Raikage forgiving Sasuke for Naruto). Not to mention they're both jokers lol.

Killer Bee is more of a bad rapper than anything else xD Though yeah that would be interesting...that is if the Akatsuki don't catch and kill him first >_< (Well not that I have a problem (Akatsuki=awesome)) I do hope to atleast see Killer Bee fight again. (Though that might because I was satified by the way he stabbed Sasuke multiple times through simple movements xD)

uber gon
27th July 2009, 8:38 AM
Killer Bee is more of a bad rapper than anything else xD Though yeah that would be interesting...that is if the Akatsuki don't catch and kill him first >_< (Well not that I have a problem (Akatsuki=awesome)) I do hope to atleast see Killer Bee fight again. (Though that might because I was satified by the way he stabbed Sasuke multiple times through simple movements xD)

Weren't we all? Wonder if he'd give Naruto his own sword to replace his kunais?

TsukiMirage
27th July 2009, 10:14 AM
While Kirabi is one of my favorite characters, I hated that sword style of his. It's completely useless against more then one person. Anyway, Kirabi will definitely return. After all, Naruto must be proven right about Sasuke. And considering their personalities, I can easily see him and Naruto getting along.

Shadow Lucario
27th July 2009, 10:31 AM
While Kirabi is one of my favorite characters, I hated that sword style of his. It's completely useless against more then one person. Anyway, Kirabi will definitely return. After all, Naruto must be proven right about Sasuke. And considering their personalities, I can easily see him and Naruto getting along.

Yeah, maybe he can teach Naruto how to rap XD

mech king1
27th July 2009, 11:57 AM
a rapping naruto, that would be fun to watch

TsukiMirage
27th July 2009, 1:18 PM
Naruto + Rap music = 4Kid's One Piece = Very bad.

Shadow Lucario
27th July 2009, 1:29 PM
Naruto + Rap music = 4Kid's One Piece = Very bad.

Very true XD Think we'll get to see what Chakra nature Hachibi has? Since every Jinchuuriki (I think) has a Chakra nature, I wonder what the Kyuubi's is.

mech king1
27th July 2009, 1:34 PM
red so possibly fire?

Shadow Lucario
27th July 2009, 1:36 PM
So what would fire and wind make? A bigger fire?

Cyan
27th July 2009, 3:25 PM
Yeah, maybe he can teach Naruto how to rap XD

"Will the real Orange Ninja please stand up? Please stand up"

Yeah, no

~Heaven Help Us~
27th July 2009, 3:57 PM
Weren't we all? Wonder if he'd give Naruto his own sword to replace his kunais?

I'd love it if Naruto got a sword.

27th July 2009, 5:54 PM
Sasuke already has a sword. Naruto will instead get some kind of frog staff like that old frog has.

~Heaven Help Us~
27th July 2009, 6:11 PM
Sasuke already has a sword. Naruto will instead get some kind of frog staff like that old frog has.

That'd be cool! and he can shoot wind balls out of it.

TsukiMirage
27th July 2009, 6:28 PM
I don't think Naruto will get a weapon, But if he does, It could be a shakujo to go along with the sage angle.

ShiroRingo
27th July 2009, 8:09 PM
I dunno, The Rasen Shurikens do make good weapons on their own, and we clearly have seen the damage. Especially the Shadow Rasen Shuriken.

Although I'm not a big fan of Sasuke, I wonder if we will ever get to see his new techinque Kirin again (While I'm not a big fan of Sasuke I love his jutsu's)

I'd rather have Naruto inherit the numerous Frog jutsu Jiraya has used.

TsukiMirage
27th July 2009, 9:14 PM
I'm sure we'll eventually see Kirin again and most likely it'll be overcome by Naruto. There would really be no sense in Sasuke having it as an Ace and not using it.

uber gon
27th July 2009, 9:27 PM
Wonder what kind of expression Sasuke will have when he sees Kirin get destroyed by the Rasenshuriken?

~Heaven Help Us~
27th July 2009, 10:41 PM
Wonder what kind of expression Sasuke will have when he sees Kirin get destroyed by the Rasenshuriken?

:o

I'd rather have Naruto inherit the numerous Frog jutsu Jiraya has used.
i'd like it if he got a frog tongue.

BlueMew7
27th July 2009, 11:13 PM

I can't wait for that day to come.

I'd love it if Naruto got a sword.

That's just a disaster waiting to unfold. Naruto would hurt himself more than he would hurt others.

27th July 2009, 11:47 PM

He'll fall in love.

Now THAT'D be a plot twist.

Dragon Houou
28th July 2009, 1:04 AM
This is probably not the best place to bring this up but what do you guys think about kakashi gaiden being shown in the anime? Ever since I have seen+read about it in the manga, I have been wanting it to be shown in anime form. I wonder how Minato will sound like.

~Heaven Help Us~
28th July 2009, 1:08 AM
This is probably not the best place to bring this up but what do you guys think about kakashi gaiden being shown in the anime? Ever since I have seen+read about it in the manga, I have been wanting it to be shown in anime form. I wonder how Minato will sound like.

I think it'll be boring. Kakashi Gaiden wasn't that good anyways.

BlueMew7
28th July 2009, 1:09 AM

Although that sort of does have to do with Naruto, this topic is about the three year time skip. That belongs in a different forum.

He'll fall in love.

Now THAT'D be a plot twist.

I think I would die a little inside knowing that Sasuke loved her. I just can't imagine that. It's too outrageous!

ShiroRingo
28th July 2009, 1:36 AM
Oh the reaction would be the same...emo...

Sasuke then would go on and on on how he is special, and then go into curse seal xD But that would be recycling stuff. (which I pray doesn't happen)

Also Sasuke loving Naruto? I have nothing against Yaoi but...the kiss was accidental people >_<

TsukiMirage
28th July 2009, 1:50 AM
Wonder what kind of expression Sasuke will have when he sees Kirin get destroyed by the Rasenshuriken? There's no way the Rasenshuriken could block Kirin. The area of damage is too wide and the Rasenshuriken is much too thin. Not to mention that Kirin pushing itself onto the Rasenshuriken would hurt Naruto also.

ShiroRingo
28th July 2009, 1:54 AM
But didn't Naruto find a way to avoid the bad side effects by throwing it? After all the reason the bad side effects happened is because Naruto treated it like a normal rasengan and the slicing effects that happens to his enemies happen to him.

Maybe if Naruto threw it, maybe he could block Kirin that way? Still...I wonder now...did Sasuke inherit that giant skeleton thing Itachi summoned?

TsukiMirage
28th July 2009, 2:06 AM
Avoiding the effects was by throwing it. He only was hurt by it when he held it, Which he would have to do to use it as a shield. The timing would have to be perfect for Naruto to throw it a Kirin, Since Kirin moves so fast. Plus, There's no guarantee that it would work, Since Kirin is real lightning.

Kamex
28th July 2009, 4:34 AM
I think it'll be boring. Kakashi Gaiden wasn't that good anyways.
What really? I thought it was one of the best written storylines Kishi came up with. O_o

uber gon
28th July 2009, 8:30 AM
I can't wait for that day to come.

Me too.

That's just a disaster waiting to unfold. Naruto would hurt himself more than he would hurt others.

For all we know Naruto might have practiced with swords during the timeskip.

mech king1
28th July 2009, 10:10 AM
i agree, but if it did hurt him whilst doing it, if he threw it and MANAGED to hit, then im sure he wouldn't hurt himself nearly as much.

28th July 2009, 10:32 AM
What really? I thought it was one of the best written storylines Kishi came up with. O_o

Same. I really liked Kakashi Gaiden.

SoulSilverMstr411
28th July 2009, 1:36 PM
I wish Shippuden would air in the UK! I'd buy the manga but they're 6.99 a volume!

TsukiMirage
28th July 2009, 1:54 PM
Early spoiler, Believed to be confirmed. If it's true, Then the 4th Mizukage and Madara could really be different people.

Spoiler Translation
Source: NF
Verification: Confirmed
Credits: Stream

Yamato on the cover

Those who created the mercenary organization called Akatsuki were advisors of different countries. They were making money (earth kage).
They stopped that, and it is unknown what they are doing now (5th mizukage)
(It's the fault of the 4th mizukage... Here, the 5th reveals the 4th was likely manipulated by someone)
The sand tried to use Akatsuki to destroy Konoha (Gaara's father)
The hokage says they are sure talking a lot (Danzou's shutting up)
The Raikage gets angry at the others kage
Those that could control bijuus were Madara, the first Hokage, the fourth Mizukage, and Killer Bee.

The neutral country gives an idea:
How about an alliance of the five countries?
With the hokage, whose country still has the bijuu as supreme commander?
The Raikage says "what!?" and it stops there.

We see the face of the 4th mizukage (nice man) when they talk of people able to control bijuus. Wasn't that supposed to be Tobi? At least Kisame said so (didn't say it was the 4th though, might have been the 3rd)

Shadow Lucario
28th July 2009, 1:54 PM
I highly doubt Naruto would be able to time it. Lightning moves at 60,000 miles per second or something like that. RasenShuriken is too small anyway. Kirin is this giant mythical creature that is about as big as one of the Uchiha's buildings while the RasenShuriken is about as big as a demon wind shuriken.

TsukiMirage
28th July 2009, 3:43 PM
I highly doubt Naruto would be able to time it. Lightning moves at 60,000 miles per second or something like that. RasenShuriken is too small anyway. Kirin is this giant mythical creature that is about as big as one of the Uchiha's buildings while the RasenShuriken is about as big as a demon wind shuriken. Don't forget about the sheer amount of damage. Even if Naruto somehow block Kirin with the Rasenshuriken, The explosion would still be quite huge.

Shadow Lucario
28th July 2009, 3:45 PM
Kind of off topic, but the last of the filler episodes have been released English dubbed. I think it's foreshadowing Naruto Shippuden's release. They're coming out on DVD right?

28th July 2009, 3:53 PM
Yeah, I think Viz Media said Shippuden is due out around September.

~Heaven Help Us~
28th July 2009, 4:36 PM
But didn't Naruto find a way to avoid the bad side effects by throwing it? After all the reason the bad side effects happened is because Naruto treated it like a normal rasengan and the slicing effects that happens to his enemies happen to him.

Maybe if Naruto threw it, maybe he could block Kirin that way? Still...I wonder now...did Sasuke inherit that giant skeleton thing Itachi summoned?

It's called Susanoo. And no, I don't think he got it. good thing dough. That would make him super strong.

Kamex
28th July 2009, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I think Viz Media said Shippuden is due out around September.
I hope they put their dubs online, alongside their subs.

28th July 2009, 11:38 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2009-07-25/viz-media-brings-the-latest-naruto-shippuden-story-arc-to-itunes-for-digital-download-first-episode-now-available-for-free

First 4 episodes on US iTunes.

BlueMew7
29th July 2009, 12:36 AM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2009-07-25/viz-media-brings-the-latest-naruto-shippuden-story-arc-to-itunes-for-digital-download-first-episode-now-available-for-free

First 4 episodes on US iTunes.

Awesome! Thanks dude!

HoennMaster
29th July 2009, 11:23 AM
I'm late to the party due to vacation, so forgive the chapter opinions.

I really hope that Sasuke does not interrupt the meeting, it would suck to see such a great meeting be interrupted.

Saw the colored pic of Mizukage, and surprisingly the red hair looks very nice on her, making her even hotter.

The Raikage is starting to confuse me, first he is all mean, and now he seems to kinf of show sympathy towards Naruto by looking back.

I'm excited for the meeting to start this week, been waiting since last fall for this!

Speaking of the meeting, in the English version of the manga, the Raikage said he wanted a "gokage" metting...strange. :)

The way the Kage are sitting reminds me of having to sit down to talk to teachers at school

The Mizukage looks like a teacher on that page too. :)

29th July 2009, 2:06 PM
She's going to yell at the Raikage for breaking out of a wall, and charge his parents for the repair costs.

Shadow Lucario
29th July 2009, 2:10 PM
Shippuden in English dub right here (http://www.dbz-zone.org/naruto_shippuden_dub.php).

~Heaven Help Us~
29th July 2009, 4:16 PM
Speaking of the meeting, in the English version of the manga, the Raikage said he wanted a "gokage" metting...strange. :)

WTF does that mean?

TsukiMirage
29th July 2009, 4:48 PM
Gokage= Five shadows, i.e. a meeting of the five Kages.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6272/up0697.th.jpghttp://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6586/up0698.th.jpghttp://img154.imageshack.us/img154/7522/up0699.th.jpg Looks like Yaguura was the Fourth Mizukage. Also, The Kabuto lookalike is Kankurou's puppet.

uber gon
29th July 2009, 7:29 PM
Gokage= Five shadows, i.e. a meeting of the five Kages.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6272/up0697.th.jpghttp://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6586/up0698.th.jpghttp://img154.imageshack.us/img154/7522/up0699.th.jpg Looks like Yaguura was the Fourth Mizukage. Also, The Kabuto lookalike is Kankurou's puppet.

Wonder what ability Kankuro's new puppet will have?

HoennMaster
29th July 2009, 7:46 PM
Looks like Yaguura was the Fourth Mizukage.

The host of the 3-Tails?

Shiny_Scizor
29th July 2009, 10:35 PM
Am I the only one to realize that each member of Team Seven is mentored by one of the Sannin, and two of the members have signed oaths with the summonings of the Sannin?

HoennMaster
29th July 2009, 10:44 PM
Your a few years late on that.

29th July 2009, 11:19 PM
Am I the only one to realize that each member of Team Seven is mentored by one of the Sannin, and two of the members have signed oaths with the summonings of the Sannin?

You're the only one to realise that everyone else hadn't already realised that..

And damn those pictures are blurry...

BlueMew7
30th July 2009, 12:21 AM
Speaking of the meeting, in the English version of the manga, the Raikage said he wanted a "gokage" metting...strange.

I can almost guarentee you that was a mistake. They probably just translated it wrong.

TsukiMirage
30th July 2009, 2:25 AM
The host of the 3-Tails? Yeah,Which brings up even more questions. But I do like the fact that Kishi is using one of the Jinchuuriki.

BlueMew7
30th July 2009, 2:34 AM
So tomorrow is the release of the new issue of Naruto Manga. What do you hope to see?

Right now, I just want the action to get going again, but I also want to see what Sai has to say to Sakura.

TsukiMirage
30th July 2009, 2:49 AM
The spoiler script (Warning, It's long).

458 The great debate of the five kage

Gaara: I will talk, listen
Earth: The five kages have changed a lot, if you can be a kage so young. Kazekage, your father was a wonderful leader, but he seems not to have taught you manners. (Ain't that the truth)
Gaara: probably... That's why I am the Kazekage here
Earth: Gwa ha ha ha, cheeky fellow!!
Water: Tsuchikage-sama, do not interrupt. Please go on, Kazekage-sama
Gaara: I'm a former Jinchuuriki. I was abducted by Akatsuki and almost killed when they extracted the bijuu.

Temari, Kankurou are looking in the conversation
Kankurou: What's with the Tsuchikage!
Temari: Be quiet

Gaara: That's why, thinking of the extreme threat posed by Akatsuki, I made many requests for the five kage to collaborate, but I was ignored. ...Apart from the former Hokage. Now that Jinchuuriki have been taken, it is too late to collaborate.
Earth: Huh... The Jinchuuriki of the hidden villages of the five great countries have been taken. What would it show to other countries is they knew. We would be ashamed! It is common sense to keep our secrets. Now that they have been taken, the assistance of other countries cannot be counted on!!

Gaara: Keeping appearances... Honor... That is stupid ancient thinking
Earth: (huh... What a brat...)

2nd part

Water: The fact they have been taken should be a cause of alarm. To control them, we need techniques, knowledge, and time.
Earth: The Jinchuuriki grow with the bijuu. They need to adapt. And even then their control is difficult... Not to say impossible... Isn't it?... Kazekage...
Gaara: ...
Danzou: In the first place, the only people who could ever control bijuus in the true sense were Uchiha Madara and the first Hokage, Hashirama... And the fourth Mizukage, Yagura ...There was also the brother of the Raikage, Killer Bee, but...

Fire and Water minders react.
RAIKAGE BREAKS THE TABLE!! (YEAH! )
Raikage: Enough with all this useless chatter!!
All the minders move in to calm him down
A strike, another strike stopping it. We can see Kankurou's puppet

Mifune: This is a meeting, people. Mind your manners
Danzou: Calm down, Fuu, Rune.
Gaara: You too, Kankurou, Temari.
Water: Aoi (?), Chojiro, no problem...
Earth nods to Aka- and Kurozuchi

Raikage: Konoha! Rock! Sand! Cloud! Akatsuki is made of missing-nins from you villages! And that's not all!! Your predecessor kages included, there are some among you who have made use of Akatsuki before!!
Gaara: Made use...?
Raikage: I cannot trust you all! I did not want to talk to you at all! But I came, and I called you here, to ask your word!!
Gaara: What do you mean, made use of Akatsuki!?
Raikage: They didn't tell you anything, even though you're the Kazekage? Ask the old-timers of your village! You used Akatsuki in previous battles!
Earth: ...

3rd part

Earth: The great countries are all at peace now... We have switched from the armament race to disarmament. With the tension between countries, the risk of battle has diminished. For the countries, the military forces are now a costly burden... But there is still a risk of sudden wars! It is a problem to rely on shinobis without combat experience, you lose battles that way
Gaara: To avoid this risk, one way is groups of mercenaries... That is what Akatsuki was, then?
Earth: It takes times and money to raise good shinobis in our village, but Akatsuki, whose occupation is to always fight, is a team of professionals. But for not much money, they gave superior results!
Raikage: Don't be so defiant, Tsuchikage!
Earth: Huh!
Raikage: The sand used Akatsuki to attack Konoha, that's Orochimaru...! It is unclear whether at that time, he had left Akatsuki or not! And the former Hokage and Kazekage died
Raikage: I would like to be sure nobody schemed all this
Raikage looks at Danzou (perceptive, ain't he?)

Raikage: (...Old racoon...)
Raikage: The most suspicious of all is hidden mist!! You have no diplomatic relations... There are rumors that Akatsuki started there!!
Water: ...

Water: Since we're at that point, I'll say it clearly...
Aoi: Could the fifth (Mizukage) mean that...!
Water: The previous kage... There are suspicions that the fourth mizukage could have been manipulated by someone... It may well have been by Akatsuki... That's why I did not want to talk about it...
Raikage: All of you...!!
Earth: ...!!

4th parth
Earth: Mind your tongue, Raikage! Even though this is a time of disarmament, you are not follwing, and are gathering forces and techniques... Maybe you hired Akatsuki too
Raikage: What!!
Danzou: Before you start bickering, there is something I wanted to say to all of you...
Raikage: What!?
Danzou: The leader of Akatsuki is probably Uchiha Madara

Four others: !?

Earth: That guy surely died long ago...!?
Danzou: We don't know that for sure... but we have pretty clear information
Earth: Was he really such a monster?...

Mifune: From the point of view of a neutral country, I'll say this. The leader of Akatsuki has read how the times were going... Peaceful countries... And has magnified the distrust between countries... Even in the iron country... But this has turned to our good fortune... Did the five kage not gather, for once? Until Akatsuki is destroyed... The hidden villages of the five greatest countries in the world... could form a joint alliance.
Raikage: An alliance!?
Danou: ...Good plan. We need a collaboration equal to the emergency (...going the right way)
Mifune: It is desirable to have a unified command, in order to minimize the confusion
Earth: Then... The problem is, whom do we entrust the authority over the alliance...
Mifune: There is disagreement between you... As a neutral country, our choice would be more respected. I would like to propose who would be the best among the five kage.
Danzou: The ear of Tsunade is now over

Final part
Sakura's tent

Sakura: Naruto...!
Sai: Yes... To protect Sasuke, he got badly hurt... But he couldn't sell Sasuke. And then... He did not tell you, so as not to make you worry
Sakura: ...
Sakura: (Naruto...)
Sai: Now he's gone to ask the Raikage to forgive Sasuke... It's probably hopeless...
Shizune: But why be so reckless? Kakashi is with him
Sai: Kakashi-sensei trusts Naruto. I think that even though it was hopeless, he wanted to create a chance
Shizune looks at sleeping Tsunade
Sai: I was initially assigned to Kakashi's team to replace Sasuke, so that's why I don't understand them too well... ...I don't understand people's feelings too well either

Sai thinks of his talk with Naruto
Naruto: (...I can't even keep my promises...)
Sai: And I don't know what was your promise with Naruto...
Sakura: ...!
Sakura remembers the promise
(Naruto... It's my wish of a lifetime... Please, bring back Sasuke-kun)
Sai: But... That Naruto really likes you... Even me, I can tell that!!
Sakura: ...!!

Sakura's flashback (yay...)
Small Naruto: Sakura-chan Likes Sasuke a lot...
Tears in her eyes
Small Naruto: I know that Sakura-chan is hurting so much, it's painful... I will definitely bring him back home! It's my promise in a lifetime!!
Tears are flowing from her eyes
Small Naruto: ...Sakura-chan! I... will definitely keep my promise. I don't change back on my word. That is my way of the ninja...
Sakura: Wa... ha...
Okay, she's crying

Shizune: Sakura...
Sakura: Uh...
Sai: Naruto is suffering because of Sasuke but... what about you?
Sakura realizing

Back to the meeting
Mifune: Now, only Konoha has a Jinchuuriki... The way he's guided is the key... So how about giving the supreme command of the alliance to the Hokage?

Gaara: ...
Raikage: What!?
Earth: Huh!?

Will the meeting be a carnage...!?

~Heaven Help Us~
30th July 2009, 3:42 AM
And damn those pictures are blurry...

1 (http://i29.*******.com/112cso7.jpg)
2 (http://i31.*******.com/2lx79yp.jpg)
3 (http://i30.*******.com/15qydr7.jpg)

here are better ones.

HoennMaster
30th July 2009, 5:50 AM
Sounds like this is going to be an interesting chapter, and I'm shocked to see that Yugura was the 4th Mizukage. Not only that, but apparently he was controlled by Madara. That makes no sense though. Why would Madar give up his position as Mizukage if he was just going to control another one to dot he same thing anyway. This also makes the story behind the three-tails being on the loose even more interesting.

Why am I not surprised that this new five country alliance will apparently be lead by Danzo. The Raikage seems to be angry, Tsuchikage seems a little irked by it, yet Gaara and Mizukage seem fine by it.

It's about time we found out about the relations of the five countries. It seems Konoha, Suna, Kiri, and Iwa are all on friendly terms with each other, but Kumo is another story.

~Heaven Help Us~
30th July 2009, 5:57 AM
Yugura as in the Sanbi host?

HoennMaster
30th July 2009, 6:18 AM
Yes.

10charlimit

TsukiMirage
30th July 2009, 6:37 AM
Yugura as in the Sanbi host? Yep, So Gaara wasn't the first Jinchuuriki Kage.

Haxon22
30th July 2009, 7:00 AM
And while this is happening... Killerbee is on vacation haha :)

HoennMaster
30th July 2009, 9:03 AM
I love how all of the guards jump into action when the Raikage slams his fist, and the other Kages don't even move. LOL.

TsukiMirage
30th July 2009, 1:41 PM
Well, That's what the guards are there for. That and the other Kages probably realized that the Raikage was just letting off stream.

Shadow Lucario
30th July 2009, 1:53 PM
If I was a guard I would jump in too if a big, buff, angry man slammed his fist down.

~Heaven Help Us~
30th July 2009, 3:38 PM
Yep, So Gaara wasn't the first Jinchuuriki Kage.

And Gaara wasn't the last. We all know Naruto is gonna be the Hokage soon.

30th July 2009, 4:00 PM
So...giving control of this 5 country alliance to Danzo...well, now it's going to be a typical ending:
Naruto, Sakura, Sai, Kakashi and Yamato AGAINST THE WORLD!!!!

And damn, Sai told Sakura xD

Lorde
30th July 2009, 8:37 PM
Do any of you think that Madara is actually Yugura?

They were both Mizukage and if you look closely, when Madara removes his mask for Kisame, his hair is light?

BlueMew7
30th July 2009, 9:33 PM
Final part
Sakura's tent

Sakura: Naruto...!
Sai: Yes... To protect Sasuke, he got badly hurt... But he couldn't sell Sasuke. And then... He did not tell you, so as not to make you worry
Sakura: ...
Sakura: (Naruto...)
Sai: Now he's gone to ask the Raikage to forgive Sasuke... It's probably hopeless...
Shizune: But why be so reckless? Kakashi is with him
Sai: Kakashi-sensei trusts Naruto. I think that even though it was hopeless, he wanted to create a chance
Shizune looks at sleeping Tsunade
Sai: I was initially assigned to Kakashi's team to replace Sasuke, so that's why I don't understand them too well... ...I don't understand people's feelings too well either

Sai thinks of his talk with Naruto
Naruto: (...I can't even keep my promises...)
Sai: And I don't know what was your promise with Naruto...
Sakura: ...!
Sakura remembers the promise
(Naruto... It's my wish of a lifetime... Please, bring back Sasuke-kun)
Sai: But... That Naruto really likes you... Even me, I can tell that!!
Sakura: ...!!

Sakura's flashback (yay...)
Small Naruto: Sakura-chan Likes Sasuke a lot...
Tears in her eyes
Small Naruto: I know that Sakura-chan is hurting so much, it's painful... I will definitely bring him back home! It's my promise in a lifetime!!
Tears are flowing from her eyes
Small Naruto: ...Sakura-chan! I... will definitely keep my promise. I don't change back on my word. That is my way of the ninja...
Sakura: Wa... ha...
Okay, she's crying

Shizune: Sakura...
Sakura: Uh...
Sai: Naruto is suffering because of Sasuke but... what about you?
Sakura realizing

I'm not usually one to gloat, but... OH YEAH!!! PWNAGE!!! TAKE THAT NARU+HINA FOLLOWERS!!! WHAT NOW?!

Ok, I'm done. Sorry, that just made me really happy.

30th July 2009, 10:42 PM

They were both Mizukage and if you look closely, when Madara removes his mask for Kisame, his hair is light?

No. Yugura looks too young to be Mizukage, especially as the Fifth Mizukage is apparently only recently been appointed. Now, enough with these 'Madara is X' theories everyone...

~Heaven Help Us~
31st July 2009, 1:50 AM

According to you people, everyone is Madara.

Shadow Lucario
31st July 2009, 1:52 AM
I say we should leave the "Madara is this person" theories alone until he removes his mask and we see who he is.

BlueMew7
31st July 2009, 2:41 AM
According to you people, everyone is Madara.

I bet Shikamaru is Madara!

TsukiMirage
31st July 2009, 4:11 AM
And Gaara wasn't the last. We all know Naruto is gonna be the Hokage soon. Possibly, But considering Naruto is going to end the ninja system, There would be no Hokage position to take.

No. Yugura looks too young to be Mizukage, especially as the Fifth Mizukage is apparently only recently been appointed. Now, enough with these 'Madara is X' theories everyone... The chapter confirms that Yugura was the Fourth Mizukage, So he obviously wasn't too young.

LittleRedRodeo
31st July 2009, 6:27 AM
*eats own words*

I didn't think Sai would actually tell her O_o Oh well, I actually prefer NaruSaku over every other pairing, but whatta lame way to reveal it. BESIDES THE CONTRIVED PLOT DEVICES--(really, what can ya expect lololol)

I AM STOKED FOR THIS CONFERENCE SCENE. Raikage owns, and Gaara looks so pimp in the spoilers.

Shadow Lucario
31st July 2009, 6:58 AM
Sai is a tattletale! I actually Sai a little bit now. XD I called it when I said he would tell her both. The Raikage is officially now one of my favorite characters.

TsukiMirage
31st July 2009, 7:42 AM
Well, Sakura continues to degrade as a character. I honestly can't believe she didn't know why Naruto was trying to bring Sasuke back. The meeting looks like it's going exactly the way Danzo wants, Although I think the implication that he had a hand in the Suna/Oto invasion is a little much. There's really no need for him to be showed more as a villain. Anyway, What is with the introduction of Akatsuki aiding the villages? Wouldn't they then know about them already without Jiraiya needing to tell them? I also liked the implication that Naruto isn't the only Jinchuuriki that couldn't control his Bijuu. Well, The next chapters are gonna be real interesting if it continues on this path.

Also, I think Kishi is going overboard with the whole people being manipulated thing. Why can't a person do something because they wanted to? There doesn't need to be a central villain controlling everything.

HoennMaster
31st July 2009, 8:32 AM
Before I discuss this chapter, I have a question. Where did it say that this Mizukage is the 5th Mizukage. She has referred to the 4th Mizukage, but that doesn't mean that she is the 5th.

LOL, nevermind, she says right in this chapter her predecessor was the 4th Mizukage.

Well the meeting is off to a pretty good start, but I hope that it isn't almost over already with a proposed plan to stop Akatsuki.

Why can't you just show Tsunade's face! LOL I really hope she wakes up soon, especially with Danzo's plan falling into action.

Meanwhile, please stay on the Naruto/Sakura path Kishi!

31st July 2009, 1:28 PM
Wow...Sai took a step too far with Sakura - saying she causes Naruto pain. Sakura is an idiot though - there was a REASON he wants Sasuke back so bad, sure, they may have developed a bond over time, but the core reason is obviously Sakura, as Naruto made the promise to her and not himself.

I did love how Raikage glanced over at Danzo, implying he had something to do with the Invasion of Konoha...Raikage knows too much =3

Shadow Lucario
31st July 2009, 1:34 PM
Raikage knows too much =3

He is just awesome like that XD I love how when the topic went to the Jinchuuriki he was like, "RAIKAGE SMASH!!!!"

31st July 2009, 1:38 PM
The Raikage is definitely my favourite Kage at the moment. Sure, he can be a jerk to Naruto in terms of Sasuke, but what he says does make sense, and he seems to know a heck of a lot about the Hidden Villages.

As for the Tsuchikage, it seems like he thinks war is necessary for his village to thrive...

~Heaven Help Us~
31st July 2009, 2:55 PM
This chapter made me hate Danzou even more because he is just sitting there like if he has never done anything bad.

Sai said too much.

Horoika1
31st July 2009, 7:35 PM
And the Tsuchikage is a a grumpy old man with outdated ideals and principles.

Out with the old, in with the new, I say! And that includes Danzou too...

~Heaven Help Us~
31st July 2009, 7:37 PM

I liked it when Gaara shut him up.

31st July 2009, 7:47 PM
Tsuchikage is such a stock character....the old guy with out-dated ideals.

LouisJH1124
31st July 2009, 7:49 PM
The Raikage is definitely my favourite Kage at the moment. Sure, he can be a jerk to Naruto in terms of Sasuke, but what he says does make sense, and he seems to know a heck of a lot about the Hidden Villages.

As for the Tsuchikage, it seems like he thinks war is necessary for his village to thrive...

I'm wondering if the current Raikage was the one that was in that big feud with Konoha over what happened with the Hyuuga's. >.>

I see Danzou dying in the near future...

I liked it when Gaara shut him up.

It was funny when the Tsuchikage got all steamed at what Gaara said. XD

TsukiMirage
31st July 2009, 7:53 PM
Their ideas aren't out of date. Especially since they live in a feudal society control by war. The villages themselves aren't the source of the wars but the countries, A fact that everyone seems to have missed.

LittleRedRodeo
31st July 2009, 9:31 PM
Dude, I like Tsuchikage anyway. Grumpy old man chara lol.

Wow...Sai took a step too far with Sakura - saying she causes Naruto pain. Sakura is an idiot though - there was a REASON he wants Sasuke back so bad, sure, they may have developed a bond over time, but the core reason is obviously Sakura, as Naruto made the promise to her and not himself.

Disagree. While the shipping ploy may have been shoddy (Kishi's poor writing), Naruto's bond with Sasuke is primarily why he's going after him, not just because he's doing it for Sakura--that's only a valid secondary reason. Sai, however, doesn't know that. He DOES know that Sakura and Naruto have a bad miscommunication problem concerning Sasuke, and he's just calling it as he sees it. That doesn't mean Sai's perspective is the entire perspective.

1st August 2009, 12:14 AM
Dude, I like Tsuchikage anyway. Grumpy old man chara lol.

Disagree. While the shipping ploy may have been shoddy (Kishi's poor writing), Naruto's bond with Sasuke is primarily why he's going after him, not just because he's doing it for Sakura--that's only a valid secondary reason. Sai, however, doesn't know that. He DOES know that Sakura and Naruto have a bad miscommunication problem concerning Sasuke, and he's just calling it as he sees it. That doesn't mean Sai's perspective is the entire perspective.

Ah, but think about it, at first Naruto HATED Sasuke, it seemed the only reason he got along with him was for Team 7, and mainly because Sakura would hate him if he and the guy she liked didn't get on. What grew from then on was merely chance, that eventually they developed a bond.

Shadow Lucario
1st August 2009, 12:19 AM
that eventually they developed a bond.

Which Sasuke broke

Kamex
1st August 2009, 2:16 AM
I used to think that though Naruto liked Sakura, he was definitely going after Sasuke mainly because of the bond they had created. I mean what was the point of all those extremely dramatic and emotional arguments and flashbacks during the battle in the Valley of the End at the end of Part I if Naruto's main reason to want Sasuke back was simply shallow infatuation? Not to mention his constant talk about Sasuke being a friend, and that he can't let a friend down, throughout Part II. Liking Sakura was secondary IMO.

Of course now, this whole situation with Sai sort of flipped all of that upside down. So I admittedly felt confused for a while. I'm hoping that theory about Sai not really understanding love and perhaps telling Sakura twisted info is true.

Anyway, about the chapter - the way Mifune said that he thinks Naruto is "the key to all of this" makes me wonder how he'll be placed in the Five Village Alliance's plans, and how Naruto will respond. In any case, it looks like things are finally coming down to the villages vs. Akatsuki (or more like The World vs. Madara).

Skater Trainer
1st August 2009, 3:01 AM
RAIKAGE SMASH

::tons of ninja surround him::

That moment made this issue.

This is getting interesting, I like conversations like this in books, mangas, etc. I'm enjoying this saga.

Sai said a little too much, I really want to see this develop more. Raikage is favorite kage by far. He knows wayyyy too much and I love it.

BlueMew7
1st August 2009, 3:33 AM

There's one thing I am confused about: How does Sakura cause Naruto pain? Now before anyone says, because Sai is an idiot and he doesn't know what he's talking about, think about it. Put yourself in the writer's perspective. Do you think the writers would have caused Sai to say something so bold? Not to mention that those words were in very large font to show that the phrase was important. They wouldn't have just put something like that, only to have it be a stupid act of Sai. I feel like I didn't explain that in the best way, but just try to think about that.

1st August 2009, 3:42 AM
There's one thing I am confused about: How does Sakura cause Naruto pain? Now before anyone says, because Sai is an idiot and he doesn't know what he's talking about, think about it. Put yourself in the writer's perspective. Do you think the writers would have caused Sai to say something so bold? Not to mention that those words were in very large font to show that the phrase was important. They wouldn't have just put something like that, only to have it be a stupid act of Sai. I feel like I didn't explain that in the best way, but just try to think about that.

Sai probably means that it is Naruto's promise to Sasuke that is restricting him in achieving his dream of becoming Hokage, as when confronted with his dream, Naruto always says "How can I be Hokage when I couldn't even save one friend?" - and he has said that in front of Sai before. The promise of returning Sasuke, which he made to Sakura whom he loves, are acting like chains holding him down. I think that's what he was getting at.

Also, it could mean the obvious that Naruto was beaten up for not spilling the beans on Sasuke.

BlueMew7
1st August 2009, 3:48 AM
Alright, that helped a lot. Now for a discussion question.

When Naruto and Sakura meet face to face again, what do you think will happen?

I know it's a very broad question, but use your imagination.

~Heaven Help Us~
1st August 2009, 3:53 AM
Alright, that helped a lot. Now for a discussion question.

When Naruto and Sakura meet face to face again, what do you think will happen?

I know it's a very broad question, but use your imagination.

I think Sakura will try to avoid talking about that subject until Sai comes and brings it up.

1st August 2009, 3:57 AM
By the way - When Sai told Sakura, why do you think she cried?

I think it was maybe the sudden realisation that he was doing everything regarding Sasuke for her.

BlueMew7
1st August 2009, 4:01 AM

I think it was maybe the sudden realisation that he was doing everything regarding Sasuke for her.

There could be a number of reasons. One of them could be yours. I think that it was because she realized how much pain Naruto was going through, and that Sasuke was causing him pain, but what makes me really angry, is that Sakura still loves Sasuke despite all the crap he has done to Naruto and to her.

LittleRedRodeo
1st August 2009, 5:18 AM
I used to think that though Naruto liked Sakura, he was definitely going after Sasuke mainly because of the bond they had created. I mean what was the point of all those extremely dramatic and emotional arguments and flashbacks during the battle in the Valley of the End at the end of Part I if Naruto's main reason to want Sasuke back was simply shallow infatuation? Not to mention his constant talk about Sasuke being a friend, and that he can't let a friend down, throughout Part II. Liking Sakura was secondary IMO.

Exactly. There is so much emphasis on Naruto's bond with Sasuke alone, that his crush on Sakura is obviously secondary. The point has been hammered home throughout the series entire run, so it's usually only in passing that we even remember that Naruto has a crush on Sakura. There's also the running theme of teamwork; the three of them + Kakashi were Team 7, and so they all belong together in both Naruto and Sakura's minds.

Of course now, this whole situation with Sai sort of flipped all of that upside down. So I admittedly felt confused for a while. I'm hoping that theory about Sai not really understanding love and perhaps telling Sakura twisted info is true.

Keep in mind that Sai does not have all the facts and that he openly admitted that he doesn't understand the bonds of friendship/brotherhood they all share. This scene was only Sai recognizing that Naruto's trying really hard to fulfill this "promise" (that he doesn't really know about) before he can admit his feelings to Sakura. In other words, Naruto feels that if he can't bring his best friend home (the promise), how can he tell Sakura his feelings?

On that same note, Naruto feels that he can't become Hokage if he can't even save one person--Sasuke. It's an inferiority complex coupled with heroism.

uber gon
1st August 2009, 5:21 AM
Huh Kankuro's new doll reminded me of Sasori. Maybe it is Sasori's puppet body.

BlueMew7
1st August 2009, 5:27 AM
Huh Kankuro's new doll reminded me of Sasori. Maybe it is Sasori's puppet body.

I really doubt that is true. Sasori died way back. I really like Sasori though. He was cool. I liked how he made his body into a puppet. Though, it was kind of sad.

TsukiMirage
1st August 2009, 5:32 AM
I hope the summit continues without a certain ninja interrupting it, So that we could get some more info out of it.

BlueMew7
1st August 2009, 5:34 AM
I hope the summit continues without a certain ninja interrupting it, So that we could get some more info out of it.

Could you be more specific as to what Ninja and what info you are speaking of?

~Heaven Help Us~
1st August 2009, 5:39 AM
Could you be more specific as to what Ninja and what info you are speaking of?

Naruto perhaps??
idk.

LittleRedRodeo
1st August 2009, 5:42 AM

Something like that, yeah. It's not an unrealistic reaction. Your best friend is out there getting himself beat up and putting himself through so much torment alone, for the sake of the guy they're both supposed to save. Remember, Sakura vowed to save Sasuke too, and she said that she and Naruto should do it together. The operative word being "together."

The thing is, Naruto and Sakura don't often include one another in their plans. Instead they isolate their pain from one another. Naruto got beat up for Sasuke's sake and did not tell her. Naruto went off to the Raikage to plead for Sasuke's sake, and he did not tell her. If my friend was suffering alone when we both should be helping one another, I'd cry too.

There could be a number of reasons. One of them could be yours. I think that it was because she realized how much pain Naruto was going through, and that Sasuke was causing him pain, but what makes me really angry, is that Sakura still loves Sasuke despite all the crap he has done to Naruto and to her.

There is no, absoutely no, indication that Sakura still holds romantic feelings for Sasuke in Shippuden. None at all. There are plenty of instances where we know it's obvious that she cares for him very much, so much that he broke her heart when he left, but those feelings are not necessarily romantic after three years.

TsukiMirage
1st August 2009, 7:15 AM
Could you be more specific as to what Ninja and what info you are speaking of? There's a idea going around that Naruto's gonna crash the meeting and the whole thing will become one big brawl. As for the info, More history about the Narutoverse. We gain a lot in this chapter and I'm hoping we can get some more on Kumo and Iwa next.

Kamex
1st August 2009, 10:54 AM
There is no, absoutely no, indication that Sakura still holds romantic feelings for Sasuke in Shippuden. None at all. There are plenty of instances where we know it's obvious that she cares for him very much, so much that he broke her heart when he left, but those feelings are not necessarily romantic after three years.
Well, there's the fact that Kishi introduced a new potential love interest for Sasuke - Karin. It seemed she would have some sort of rivalry with Sakura, now that Ino's pretty much out of the picture. Especially since Karin has the opportunity to be close to Sasuke being comrades. Also, I sort of thought Kishi was combining the two - romantic feelings and the feelings of caring and friendship that Naruto shares.

But I admit, at this point romantic ties are pretty darn ambiguous.

Shadow Lucario
1st August 2009, 3:53 PM
If Naruto does crash the meeting, what do you think Sasuke's reaction will be?

lucky_u
1st August 2009, 6:04 PM

I think Sasuke will come in and say "you never knew how to do a proper ambush, do you? What a waste." or something like that. XD

TsukiMirage
1st August 2009, 8:53 PM
If Naruto does crash the meeting, what do you think Sasuke's reaction will be? Probably the same bored look he always has. Sasuke would probably use the commotion to his advantage.

Kamex
2nd August 2009, 3:22 AM
Have Naruto and Sasuke even met face to face since the end of Part I (other than the one time before Orochimaru's defeat)? I know Kishi's been trying to build suspense and anticipation for when they finally begin interacting again... and it's working IMO. >_>

~Heaven Help Us~
2nd August 2009, 3:35 AM
Have Naruto and Sasuke even met face to face since the end of Part I (other than the one time before Orochimaru's defeat)? I know Kishi's been trying to build suspense and anticipation for when they finally begin interacting again... and it's working IMO. >_>

I think Kishi should make the fight again soon. Of course not the big fight.

Kamex
2nd August 2009, 3:51 AM
I think Kishi should make the fight again soon. Of course not the big fight.
Yeah, I think that might be due. Now's probably a good time for a brief fight to get things more escalated.

~Heaven Help Us~
2nd August 2009, 4:10 AM
Yeah, I think that might be due. Now's probably a good time for a brief fight to get things more escalated.

So Sauceke could get his *** kicked for the first time.

TsukiMirage
2nd August 2009, 5:23 AM
So Sauceke could get his *** kicked for the first time. Your forgetting about Itachi and Kirabi. Anyhow, I really couldn't care if they fought soon. They should have had a fight a long while ago to allow us to see how they measure up to each other. Before all the power-ups. Now, I can't really see a good fight happening now.

wolvie616
2nd August 2009, 7:36 AM

probably clash. i can see a fight to protect the kages happening

however, seeing as danzo is probably madara, its not a good thing necessary

HoennMaster
2nd August 2009, 8:07 AM
LOL, people are only talking about the two or three pages of shipping, and not the actually meeting. :)

wolvie616
2nd August 2009, 8:13 AM
trying to get it on track!

Shadow Lucario
2nd August 2009, 2:25 PM

There was that one time where Naruto had his clones search for him and Sasuke Chidoried straight through it. Does that count? XD

wolvie616
2nd August 2009, 8:48 PM
There was that one time where Naruto had his clones search for him and Sasuke Chidoried straight through it. Does that count? XD

not to mention that they cry whenever they mention his name :P

BlueMew7
2nd August 2009, 9:58 PM
not to mention that they cry whenever they mention his name :P

Can you really blaim them? They've lost a really good friend, and they can't redeem him. Unfortunately, the two of them are so stubborn that they can't realize that. Also, think about it, it reminds Naruto that he hasn't fulfilled his promise to Sakura, and it reminds Sakura of... well... Ok honestly, I don't know what it reminds Sakura of at this point. Can someone help me out here?

TsukiMirage
2nd August 2009, 11:20 PM
I actually wonder who as cried more over Sasuke: Naruto or Sakura?

BlueMew7
3rd August 2009, 12:02 AM
I actually wonder who as cried more over Sasuke: Naruto or Sakura?

As weird as it may seem, I think Naruto has. I haven't seen Sakura cry over Sasuke recently. However, she has cried a lot.

LittleRedRodeo
3rd August 2009, 1:55 AM
But I admit, at this point romantic ties are pretty darn ambiguous.

Yeah, as long as Sakura's feelings are in the dark, the final pairings are still up in the air.

As much as I like NaruSaku, I'm hoping for a no pairing/platonic friendship ending, because I think it's more important that Naruto and Sakura get Sasuke back.

At this point, I think Sasuke is more likely to crash the meeting first.

If he did, I think it'd be the perfect opportunity for a Gaara vs Sasuke re-match. 1) It'd be awesome, 2) it'd show everyone just how Gaara's managed to stay Kazekage without the one-tail's strength, and 3) it'd be awesome.

Probably won't happen, but it'd be cool nonetheless :) If anything, Sasuke crashing the meeting is a better reason for Naruto + crew to show up and have CONFRONTATION.

Shadow Lucario
3rd August 2009, 2:17 AM
At this point, I think Sasuke is more likely to crash the meeting first.

If he did, I think it'd be the perfect opportunity for a Gaara vs Sasuke re-match. 1) It'd be awesome, 2) it'd show everyone just how Gaara's managed to stay Kazekage without the one-tail's strength, and 3) it'd be awesome.

Probably won't happen, but it'd be cool nonetheless :) If anything, Sasuke crashing the meeting is a better reason for Naruto + crew to show up and have CONFRONTATION.

I don't even think Gaara can stand up to Sasuke, not after he obtained Mangekyou Sharingan. Even without activating the Mangekyou Sharingan Sasuke is still deadly. What do you think Sasuke is ranked in the Bingo Book? I say either A-rank or S-rank.

Dragon Houou
3rd August 2009, 2:31 AM
I don't even think Gaara can stand up to Sasuke, not after he obtained Mangekyou Sharingan. Even without activating the Mangekyou Sharingan Sasuke is still deadly. What do you think Sasuke is ranked in the Bingo Book? I say either A-rank or S-rank.

I think that Sasuke is no where near S-rank yet so I will have to say A-rank. (offtopic) On a side note, I saw the latest chapter and I have to say that the Raikage's actions are quite questionable. First he accuses the other kages of having affiliations with akatstuki whether that may be true or not and then he acts as if he and his village have done nothing wrong in the past. I don't know what generation of kage he is but he's being a hypocrite. Anyone else thinks this way of him?

BlueMew7
3rd August 2009, 2:42 AM
I don't. I think he's just really paranoid. As for Sasuke being A-rank, I completely disagree. How would he not be considered S-rank if he killed Itachi? I don't see any logic in him being A-rank. As for Naruto, I think he is kind of in between. I think it was Zetsu that said that Naruto was probably stronger than Sasuke, but we can't really determine who is stronger until they fight.

3rd August 2009, 2:53 AM
Sasuke is definitely S-Rank. He defeated Orochimaru (Weakened, I admit) and Itachi. Also, he defeated Killer Bee, the host of the 8-Tails. To the Hidden Villages, he is definitely S-Rank.

Shadow Lucario
3rd August 2009, 2:53 AM
I think it was Zetsu that said that Naruto was probably stronger than Sasuke, but we can't really determine who is stronger until they fight.

Yes it was Zetsu, then Sasuke said he didn't care about that. I think they are about as close as they were before the timeskip.

Offtopic: I just reviewed your fic XP

Dragon Houou
3rd August 2009, 2:58 AM
I don't. I think he's just really paranoid. As for Sasuke being A-rank, I completely disagree. How would he not be considered S-rank if he killed Itachi? I don't see any logic in him being A-rank. As for Naruto, I think he is kind of in between. I think it was Zetsu that said that Naruto was probably stronger than Sasuke, but we can't really determine who is stronger until they fight.

Raikage is being a hypocrite because when he went after the hyuuga clans byakugan, but konoha didn't retaliate because they wanted to avoid a war. Now the (slightly) same incident occured and he wants revenge. Although I agree that he is paranoid because of his perceptions. Also Sasuke didn't kill Itachi. Itachi practically let him win. Sure itachi wasn't letting sasuke off easy because he wanted to see how powerful sasuke became. But if itachi was serious, sasuke wouldn't even be alive. Even madara/tobi stated that in the manga.

Shadow Lucario
3rd August 2009, 3:01 AM
Also Sasuke didn't kill Itachi. Itachi practically let him win. Sure itachi wasn't letting sasuke off easy because he wanted to see how powerful sasuke became. But if itachi was serious, sasuke wouldn't even be alive. Even madara/tobi stated that in the manga.

Thing is only Sasuke and Madara know that. No one else knows the truth about Itachi so I think they would put him as S-rank just for that. Not only that, but he killed a weakened Orochimaru who was one of the Sannin and the number one person in Konoha's Bingo Book.

LittleRedRodeo
3rd August 2009, 3:05 AM
I have to say that the Raikage's actions are quite questionable. First he accuses the other kages of having affiliations with akatstuki whether that may be true or not and then he acts as if he and his village have done nothing wrong in the past. I don't know what generation of kage he is but he's being a hypocrite. Anyone else thinks this way of him?

I did think it was odd that no one raised the fact that Cloud attacked Leaf's Hyuuga clan ten-twelve years prior. But the current Raikage may not have been in power at the time, or may not have even been involved with the soldiers who started the attack.

(Though I guess if anyone's going to complain about Cloud's attack on the Hyuuga, it'd rightfully be the Hokage, and I doubt Danzou will raise the issue.)

Still, since Raikage's calling out the other villages on their crimes, I think he's probably ready to expect his village's crimes to come to the forefront too. He may be arrogant, but the point he brings up is probably more important than the past.

I don't even think Gaara can stand up to Sasuke, not after he obtained Mangekyou Sharingan. Even without activating the Mangekyou Sharingan Sasuke is still deadly.

We still don't know exactly how powerful Sasuke is, so it's still up in the air if he can really handle a kage alone (he's set on killing Danzou, so he's got Taka to back him up). My interest was not on Sasuke, but on whether Gaara is still the fighter he used to be before the bijuu was extracted. If he's still the Kage after this long, then he's either gotten stronger to maintain the position or Suna just let him keep it out of fondness, but that's unlikely for a ninja village.

Like I said, it's unlikely a battle will happen (Gaara may not even fight at all), but it'd be great to read, especially since we haven't had a good battle for a couple months now.

Shadow Lucario
3rd August 2009, 3:07 AM
I did think it was odd that no one raised the fact that Cloud attacked Leaf's Hyuuga clan ten-twelve years prior. But the current Raikage may not have been in power at the time, or may not have even been involved with the soldiers who started the attack.

Tenzo mentioned it when they met up with the Raikage

Dragon Houou
3rd August 2009, 3:13 AM
Thing is only Sasuke and Madara know that. No one else knows the truth about Itachi so I think they would put him as S-rank just for that. Not only that, but he killed a weakened Orochimaru who was one of the Sannin and the number one person in Konoha's Bingo Book.

I agree. Actually I don't see why he can't be S-rank. he does have the qualities and his techniques are quite powerful.

Kamex
3rd August 2009, 3:13 AM
I think Raikage is paranoid too. He's been emotionally involved in all his interactions in the story due to Killer Bee's supposed death. I would also add that he seems to be a pretty quick-tempered person, but that could also simply be due to his brother's death since we haven't really seen what he was like before the Eight Tails' supposed capture was reported.

LittleRedRodeo
3rd August 2009, 3:21 AM
MEANWHILE

Killer Bee is on vacation somewhere. Lol.

Shadow Lucario
3rd August 2009, 3:23 AM
MEANWHILE

Killer Bee is on vacation somewhere. Lol.

Like I said about 100 pages back, he probably went to a 50 Cent concert XD

HoennMaster
3rd August 2009, 3:33 AM
Yeah, the Raikage is not thinking his accusations all the way. He says that Suna used Akatsuki to attack Konoha, and then reveals that he is not even sure that Orochimaru was part of the organization then, which he wasn't. And as we all know, Orochimaru killed the 4th Kazekage in order to make Suna help him.

He criticizes the other four nations because some of their missing-nin are in Akatsuki, but that doesn't say anything about the nations themselves. Not to mention Kiri not having much relations with Konoha, Suna, Kumo, and Iwa does not mean the are at fault for Akatsuki. They are an island nation, makes relations harder.

He makes Kumo seem like the best, yet there is the Hyuga incident.

TsukiMirage
3rd August 2009, 5:43 AM
I think I may be the only person to support the Raikage, Or atleast understand what he's thinking.

Raikage is being a hypocrite because when he went after the hyuuga clans byakugan, but konoha didn't retaliate because they wanted to avoid a war. Now the (slightly) same incident occured and he wants revenge. Although I agree that he is paranoid because of his perceptions. Also Sasuke didn't kill Itachi. Itachi practically let him win. Sure itachi wasn't letting sasuke off easy because he wanted to see how powerful sasuke became. But if itachi was serious, sasuke wouldn't even be alive. Even madara/tobi stated that in the manga. Actually, The facts are that we don't know if it was Kumo that was after the Byakugan instead of the lone ninja. Regardless, He just wants the person who killed his brother. It's not that strange and while the Raikage is doing it for a personal reason, It's still justice. As for Itachi and Sasuke, I don't think that's fair. As far as we've seen, Only Madara and possible Nagato could have beat Itachi. The majority of Akatsuki wouldn't have stood a chance and they're still consider S-rank. So I think we can still include Sasuke even if he didn't kill Itachi.

On a side note, I saw the latest chapter and I have to say that the Raikage's actions are quite questionable. First he accuses the other kages of having affiliations with akatstuki whether that may be true or not and then he acts as if he and his village have done nothing wrong in the past. I don't know what generation of kage he is but he's being a hypocrite. Anyone else thinks this way of him? The Raikage accused the other villages because Akatsuki was made up of missingnin from the other villages and some of the villages seem to have been using Akatsuki as a mercenary force. The same group that is now being a terror to them all. From what we know, Kumo has no missingnins, Except for Kirabi. And aside from Iwa, They don't seem to have had any internal trouble.

Yeah, the Raikage is not thinking his accusations all the way. He says that Suna used Akatsuki to attack Konoha, and then reveals that he is not even sure that Orochimaru was part of the organization then, which he wasn't. And as we all know, Orochimaru killed the 4th Kazekage in order to make Suna help him.

He criticizes the other four nations because some of their missing-nin are in Akatsuki, but that doesn't say anything about the nations themselves. Not to mention Kiri not having much relations with Konoha, Suna, Kumo, and Iwa does not mean the are at fault for Akatsuki. They are an island nation, makes relations harder.

He makes Kumo seem like the best, yet there is the Hyuga incident. Well you have to remember that only Jiraiya was awear of orochimaru leaving Akatsuki back then, So whether or not he was actually apart of it, Suna had gain support from a member to attack Konoha. Also, Orochimaru didn't kill the 4th Kazekage to make Suna help, But in order to pose as him during the Chuunin Exam. Suna had already been planning this before getting help from Orochimaru.

It actually does say something if Kumo's the only village without any missingnins. And Kiri being isolation doesn't make it less suspicious that it hasn't attempt to have relations with the other village.

wolvie616
3rd August 2009, 6:16 AM
personally, i dont like raikage, but he has good points.

and naruto vs sasuke......i think it depends on whether sage mode can defeat the magenkyo sharingan

HoennMaster
3rd August 2009, 6:30 AM
Your missing the point about Orochimaru though. Raikage accuses Suna of using Akatsuki when they attacked Konoha, and then he reveals that he is not sure about Orochimaru being in Akatsuki.

As for the missing nin, Suna, Iwa, and Kiri only had one missing nin in Akatsuki, so Raikage can't be too hard on them. Konoha might be slightly different since it had three, and then Sasuke temporarily worked with them. Plus, he acts like Akatsuki is only made up of ninjas from the other four great countries, when only half the organization is.

Kiri being an island nation far from the mainland makes relations with the other four harder, so it is a tad excusable. It really depends on who is Mizukage and who is making the effort. It seems the 5th is try to make amends, but we don't know the full history about that Mizukages and which ones have keep in touch with the other four. We just know that Madara was a Mizukage and that apparently Yugura was controlled, but we don't know what they other two Kages were like.

wolvie616
3rd August 2009, 6:38 AM
Your missing the point about Orochimaru though. Raikage accuses Suna of using Akatsuki when they attacked Konoha, and then he reveals that he is not sure about Orochimaru being in Akatsuki.

As for the missing nin, Suna, Iwa, and Kiri only had one missing nin in Akatsuki, so Raikage can't be too hard on them. Konoha might be slightly different since it had three, and then Sasuke temporarily worked with them. Plus, he acts like Akatsuki is only made up of ninjas from the other four great countries, when only have the organization is.

Kiri being an island nation far from the mainland makes relations with the other four harder, so it is a tad excusable. It really depends on who is Mizukage and who is making the effort. It seems the 5th is try to make amends, but we don't know the full history about that Mizukages and which ones have keep in touch with the other four. We just know that Madara was a Mizukage and that apparently Yugura was controlled, but we don't know what they other two Kages were like.

the old man,(i forget who he is) seems to be a bit like the 3rd hokage to me, but you are spot on

Kamex
3rd August 2009, 7:43 AM
It actually does say something if Kumo's the only village without any missingnins.
I think it's very likely that all of the great nations' hidden villages have had plenty of missingnin in the past, so I think you just mean they don't have any in Akatsuki.

BTW, anyone think Kishi kept Akatsuki void of ex-Cloud ninja on purpose? Perhaps to lead to Raikage's position in this meeting, or maybe even for another turn of events that will happen in the future.

TsukiMirage
3rd August 2009, 8:48 AM

As for the missing nin, Suna, Iwa, and Kiri only had one missing nin in Akatsuki, so Raikage can't be too hard on them. Konoha might be slightly different since it had three, and then Sasuke temporarily worked with them. Plus, he acts like Akatsuki is only made up of ninjas from the other four great countries, when only half the organization is.

Kiri being an island nation far from the mainland makes relations with the other four harder, so it is a tad excusable. It really depends on who is Mizukage and who is making the effort. It seems the 5th is try to make amends, but we don't know the full history about that Mizukages and which ones have keep in touch with the other four. We just know that Madara was a Mizukage and that apparently Yugura was controlled, but we don't know what they other two Kages were like. It's because of the timeline. Jiraiya supposedly informed the other villages of Akatsuki after the Suna/Oto invasion. So whether Suna knew that Orochimaru had left Akatsuki at the time or not when they ask for help is the question. That's what I believe the Raikage's implying, That Suna wanted aid from Akatsuki without knowing that Orochimaru had left the group.

Well, In his eyes, The fact that they have even one in the group is enough. Kumo having none is probably the reason he's gonna make for wanting to lead the alliance.

Suna is in the middle of a desert and Iwa is surrounded by mountains and they appear to maintain some relations. Regardless, The reason he brought it up was because of the rumor that Kiri was connected to Akatsuki, Which the Mizukage seems to have confirmed.

rockete
3rd August 2009, 2:24 PM

and naruto vs sasuke......i think it depends on whether sage mode can defeat the magenkyo sharingan

That brings the topic about What Itachi gave to Naruto.

~Heaven Help Us~
3rd August 2009, 4:45 PM

I don't think is that, It's whether it can control his Kyuubi or not. Depends on what Itachi gave him like how rockete said

Shadow Lucario
3rd August 2009, 5:09 PM
I don't think is that, It's whether it can control his Kyuubi or not. Depends on what Itachi gave him like how rockete said

And whatever Sasuke wants to try out. Depends if that can finish Naruto or take him out of commision

TsukiMirage
3rd August 2009, 8:16 PM
A Sasuke vs Naruto showdown, While having it's good points, Will clearly end the way of Naruto vs Nagato: Questionably and disappointingly.

~Heaven Help Us~
3rd August 2009, 8:36 PM
A Sasuke vs Naruto showdown, While having it's good points, Will clearly end the way of Naruto vs Nagato: Questionably and disappointingly.

Maybe the first one.

wolvie616
3rd August 2009, 8:51 PM
That brings the topic about What Itachi gave to Naruto.

well, seeing as how he wanted to help him in the end, i think it might be a secondary seal or something that can help control the kyuubi

wolvie616
3rd August 2009, 8:52 PM

i thought naruto defeated nagato?

Kamex
3rd August 2009, 11:46 PM
What exactly do you mean by "end the way of Naruto vs Nagato"?

~Heaven Help Us~
4th August 2009, 12:08 AM
i thought naruto defeated nagato?

No, he defeated Pain which were his six bodies, but not Nagato himself.

4th August 2009, 12:10 AM
Nagato killed himself, Naruto didn't defeat him

Therefore Naruto didn't defeat Pain, therefore, he is not a hero.

=3

~Heaven Help Us~
4th August 2009, 12:16 AM
Nagato killed himself, Naruto didn't defeat him

Therefore Naruto didn't defeat Pain, therefore, he is not a hero.

=3

He actually is a hero because he was the one that convinced Nagato to revive everyone.Though Nagato did it on his own..

MarshtompMan
4th August 2009, 12:49 AM
And he took out the 6 bodies.

Kamex
4th August 2009, 12:56 AM
Naruto also may have defeated Nagato if they got to fighting instead of coming to an agreement, though I suppose who truly would've won will remain up in the air.

Cain Nightroad
4th August 2009, 1:31 AM
This chapter's ending pretty much scared me, because it seems that Sai's putting the pressure on Sakura here and he's becoming a major threat to my SasuSaku fantasies. :\

BTW, anyone think Kishi kept Akatsuki void of ex-Cloud ninja on purpose? Perhaps to lead to Raikage's position in this meeting, or maybe even for another turn of events that will happen in the future.

I'd say it wasn't on purpose, but he's just working off that coincidence right now in the Kage Summit. He still gave the Raikage a dangerous hand, though, as soon as it was revealed that a Cloud Ninja once tried to take the Byakugan.

It actually does say something if Kumo's the only village without any missingnins. And Kiri being isolation doesn't make it less suspicious that it hasn't attempt to have relations with the other village.

Don't forget the Mizukage's "guilty look" and her guardians looking a bit afraid about halfway through the chapter.

wolvie616
4th August 2009, 1:35 AM
This chapter's ending pretty much scared me, because it seems that Sai's putting the pressure on Sakura here and he's becoming a major threat to my SasuSaku fantasies. :\

its okay. ever since part 2 it seemed obvious

but i love sai for it :D

4th August 2009, 2:25 AM
I just noticed something on this page: http://www.mangavide.com/viewmanga.html?cid=212&chapter=458
There, there are ELEVEN figures when Tsuchikage is talking about Akatsuki (including Orochimaru), but surely there are only 10 at any one time, due to the rings? Unless they randomly threw Tobi in there too..

Kamex
4th August 2009, 2:38 AM
I just noticed something on this page: http://www.mangavide.com/viewmanga.html?cid=212&chapter=458
There, there are ELEVEN figures when Tsuchikage is talking about Akatsuki (including Orochimaru), but surely there are only 10 at any one time, due to the rings? Unless they randomly threw Tobi in there too..
I noticed that too. Correct me if I'm wrong, from right to left they're: Hidan, Kakuzu, Zetsu, Orochimaru, Sasori, Pain, Konan, Kisame, Itachi, Deidara and one last figure I'm not entirely sure about. I'll hazard a guess and say that's Tobi like you said (it does sort of look like him I guess...). But not only do they only have 10 rings, but Tobi definitely wasn't a member of Akatsuki until after Orochimaru defected and Sasori was killed, so I suppose it's best to conclude that that scene didn't actually happen, and was simply for the readers' viewing.

Now that we're on the subject, does anybody know if it's ever been confirmed that Akatsuki had previous members that we're not aware of? If not, do you think it was implied that they did or didn't? Or was it just never mentioned?

wolvie616
4th August 2009, 2:39 AM

well, like he said, he thought orochimaru was a part of akatsuki

~Heaven Help Us~
4th August 2009, 3:14 AM
I noticed that too. Correct me if I'm wrong, from right to left they're: Hidan, Kakuzu, Zetsu, Orochimaru, Sasori, Pain, Konan, Kisame, Itachi, Deidara and one last figure I'm not entirely sure about. I'll hazard a guess and say that's Tobi like you said (it does sort of look like him I guess...). But not only do they only have 10 rings, but Tobi definitely wasn't a member of Akatsuki until after Orochimaru defected and Sasori was killed, so I suppose it's best to conclude that that scene didn't actually happen, and was simply for the readers' viewing.

Now that we're on the subject, does anybody know if it's ever been confirmed that Akatsuki had previous members that we're not aware of? If not, do you think it was implied that they did or didn't? Or was it just never mentioned?

It's right like that, but I'm not sure it's Tobi, he's too tall.

TsukiMirage
4th August 2009, 5:23 AM
What exactly do you mean by "end the way of Naruto vs Nagato"? I mean a awesome battle in the making between two superpowers degrade into a massive speech and ends with one side giving in completely without a reasonable explanation or any sign of the fight to be.

There, there are ELEVEN figures when Tsuchikage is talking about Akatsuki (including Orochimaru), but surely there are only 10 at any one time, due to the rings? Unless they randomly threw Tobi in there too.. Yeah they threw in Tobi. It's an account of all the members, Regardless of their actual time.

From left to right: Tobi, Deidara, Itachi, Kisame, Konan, Deva Pain, Sasori, Orochimaru, Zetsu, Kakuzu, And Hiden.

HoennMaster
4th August 2009, 6:50 AM
As everyone said, obviously this scene never happened, it was just used to show all of the members we have seen over the course of the series.

Shadow Lucario
4th August 2009, 7:39 AM
The one you guys think is Tobi looks too tall. I remember seeing Tobi next to Deidara and he wasn't that much taller than him.

TsukiMirage
4th August 2009, 1:52 PM
The one you guys think is Tobi looks too tall. I remember seeing Tobi next to Deidara and he wasn't that much taller than him. Madara is pretty tall. He's near the height of Zetsu (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/404/17/), Kisame (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/404/10/), And Kirabi (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/417/11/) who are all themselves quite tall.

Early Spoiler:

Credits: ShounenSuki
Source: vered on NF
Verification: Confirmed.

Ino cries, then there's a meeting of people of the same generation¹ for some reason. Sakura and Naruto aren't there.
Shikamaru goes to where Sakura is

He reports to Sakura that everyone got together to talk
The conclusion is that if Sasuke is caught up in hatred and revenge, as Konoha, they will... (kill him?)

For some reason, Sakura seems to go from being dazed to making a decision
I'm going to talk to Naruto

To the conference
The Mizukage's attendent with the eyepatch senses that the atmosphere has turned strange for some reason
Under the eyepatch is the Byakugan
In Danzou's right face and arm, he sees a chakra flow he once saw before...

It is exactly the same as Uchiha Shisui, whom he once fought
(Shisui's Sharingan had a doujutsu that allowed him to go into his opponent's mind and manipulate them, even without the opponent realising it)

He questions Danzou about it: I too once fought a Hyuuga and got a transplant, but...
What if I were the one who unravelled the Fourth Hokage's jutsu (Danzou was the one manipulating?)

As the circumstances worsen, Zetsu appears

After this, Uchiha Sasuke will attack. I wonder if you know where he is...!?

It ends with him saying something like this

It seems Sasuke is going full speed down the path of evil, already being searched by the Five Countries as a dangerous criminal... Ao has Byakugan and Danzo seems to be Shisui who can manipulate people.

~Heaven Help Us~
4th August 2009, 2:59 PM
The one you guys think is Tobi looks too tall. I remember seeing Tobi next to Deidara and he wasn't that much taller than him.

I thought Tobi was small.