PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The end is here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109

Lorde
5th January 2010, 5:08 AM
Hopefully the box ghost isn't there.:p

What is a box ghost and where might I find one?

I love the author's designs. The scenery.

uber gon
5th January 2010, 5:12 AM
"OOOH! I'M THE BOX GHOST!"

I would laugh if he was. He's the source of Madara's power and abilities.

Maybe Madara gets sealed in some weird *** jar Ghostbusters style by Naruto.

Lorde
5th January 2010, 7:25 AM
I would enjoy that very much.

No chapter this week either. It's going to be pretty dull without one.

uber gon
5th January 2010, 10:42 AM
I would enjoy that very much.

No chapter this week either. It's going to be pretty dull without one.

At least we can all speculate random stuff. I still think Torune and Fu will end up in some situation where they land in some womens' wash room and get beat up Love Hina style.

Shneak
5th January 2010, 10:27 PM
If you mean when they were in that world that looks a lot like Ichigo's inner world in Bleach then they were in some other dimension I think. Madara sent Karin there to heal Sasuke.

Lol, no. At the beginning of Shippuden. He had Suigetsu with him. Where was she? A prison?

~Spacial_Rendation~
5th January 2010, 10:59 PM
No updates and yet you guys can still finds stuff to talk about. Box ghosts, of all things.

Oh BTW. The anime is entering another Filler arc, but it seems interesting ONLY because it centers around the 6 Tailed Monster Slug jinchūriki Utakata.

So it seems that the 4-7 jinchūriki (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HufflepuffHouse) will be fleshed out via the filler arcs.
And we will finally find out what gender Fū (The 7 tails host) is. I put my bet on Robot.

SharpedoX
6th January 2010, 12:15 AM
No updates and yet you guys can still finds stuff to talk about. Box ghosts, of all things.

Oh BTW. The anime is entering another Filler arc, but it seems interesting ONLY because it centers around the 6 Tailed Monster Slug jinchūriki Utakata.

So it seems that the 4-7 jinchūriki (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HufflepuffHouse) will be fleshed out via the filler arcs.
And we will finally find out what gender Fū (The 7 tails host) is. I put my bet on Robot.

Don't count on it. The Yonbi has long been captured by Kisame and the jinchuuriki, dead. Also, how can the anime feature a filler arc around the Rokubi if, by what I've heard, he had been captured prior to Itachi vs. Sasuke? By that time, Kisame said they had 7 tailed beasts.

Nice, the latest filler season the anime had was boring as crap. Please, more then 20 episodes with a Crystal style user... I hope this ammends the anime's fillers. At least it's something vital to the plot: a jinchuuriki.

Isn't Fū confirmed to be a girl?

Shadow Lucario
6th January 2010, 12:28 AM
Lol, no. At the beginning of Shippuden. He had Suigetsu with him. Where was she? A prison?

She was at one of Orochimaru's hideouts that had all of the Curse Seal test subjects.

Lorde
6th January 2010, 12:47 AM

Why show the 6-tails, it was already captured.

~Spacial_Rendation~
6th January 2010, 2:02 AM
Isn't Fū confirmed to be a girl?
Kishis isn't sure, but sliding towards girl.

Preview of filler arc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_aHLCY8-Vg)

Don't count on it. The Yonbi has long been captured by Kisame and the jinchuuriki, dead. Also, how can the anime feature a filler arc around the Rokubi if, by what I've heard, he had been captured prior to Itachi vs. Sasuke? By that time, Kisame said they had 7 tailed beasts.
Fū could be a Posthumous Character (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PosthumousCharacter)

Lorde
6th January 2010, 4:05 AM
I hate how they're going out of order.

It doesn't appear as if Fu will appear. This is a Six-tails arc.

~Spacial_Rendation~
6th January 2010, 5:25 AM
I hate how they're going out of order.

It doesn't appear as if Fu will appear. This is a Six-tails arc.
I said IF their was ANOTHER filler arc about a host. I would like it to be about Fu.

Or more detail over Yagura reign over Kirigakure.

Lorde
6th January 2010, 5:31 AM
I said IF there were ANOTHER filler arc about a host. I would like it to be about Fu.

Or more detail over Yagura reign over Kirigakure.

:/ I see.

But aren't they going in an odd order? So far, both Fillers about Bijuu are about Kirigakure's Bijuu.

HoennMaster
6th January 2010, 10:41 AM
Hopefully it's interesting. I actually liked the last one, so hope this is just as good. This thread is for the manga though, not he anime.

I find it funny how more discussion is going on when we have weeks of now chapters compared to when we actually have chapters.

Lorde
6th January 2010, 11:06 AM
It's probably because we have time to speculate. Usually there's only a week between chapters. This time, it's two weeks.

Torpoleon
6th January 2010, 10:48 PM
Just wondering: Madara and half of Zetsu are the only Akatsuki members remaining as of now, right? Well, which half of Zetsu? Plant or human? Now I wonder how they'll extract the beats. Didn't someone say that they need 4 people?

Shadow Lucario
6th January 2010, 11:27 PM
Just wondering: Madara and half of Zetsu are the only Akatsuki members remaining as of now, right? Well, which half of Zetsu? Plant or human? Now I wonder how they'll extract the beats. Didn't someone say that they need 4 people?

It never said how many people were needed. It just said that the less people there are the longer it takes

Torpoleon
6th January 2010, 11:39 PM
It never said how many people were needed. It just said that the less people there are the longer it takes
Oh, because I thought that someone stated a while back that they need 4 people to extract a beast. But technically, the Akatsuki has Sasuke, Karen, Jugo and that other guy who joined Sasuke, right? That would make it 5 and half people to extract a beast.

Shadow Lucario
6th January 2010, 11:43 PM
Oh, because I thought that someone stated a while back that they need 4 people to extract a beast. But technically, the Akatsuki has Sasuke, Karen, Jugo and that other guy who joined Sasuke, right? That would make it 5 and half people to extract a beast.

Suigetsu is the name you forgot XD He forgives you.

Torpoleon
6th January 2010, 11:53 PM
Suigetsu is the name you forgot XD He forgives you.
Oops, sorry. But still, would the Akatsuki use Sasuke, Karen, Jugo and Suigetsu to help the extract the remaining beats since 5 and a half is way better than 1 and a half.

HoennMaster
7th January 2010, 12:15 AM
They aren't Akatsuki members and Sasuke doesn't want to help them. Afterall, he said he only intended to use them.

Torpoleon
7th January 2010, 12:43 AM
They aren't Akatsuki members and Sasuke doesn't want to help them. Afterall, he said he only intended to use them.
Oh. So I guess it is 1 and a half people extracting the remaining beasts then. The remaining half of Zetsu will most likely die or something anyways. It should be Madara and half of Zetsu extracting the 8th tailed beast and Madara alone extracting the Nine-tails.

Shadow Lucario
7th January 2010, 1:08 AM
That would take forever. It took quite a while when there were nine.

Lorde
7th January 2010, 2:01 AM
If someone does capture Naruto, the time issue may give Konoha enough time to save him.

HoennMaster
7th January 2010, 11:26 AM
I doubt it. Stopping in the middle of extracting a beast might be just as fatal.

SharpedoX
7th January 2010, 6:22 PM
Oh. So I guess it is 1 and a half people extracting the remaining beasts then. The remaining half of Zetsu will most likely die or something anyways. It should be Madara and half of Zetsu extracting the 8th tailed beast and Madara alone extracting the Nine-tails.

People speculate that since Zetsu is a carnivorous plant (or part human, part plant, take whatever you want, we never knew his story) it can regenerate the other half. I'm inclined to believe that. I think this won't be the last of Zetsu. If Kishi had him live all this time, his role hasn't been completed.

But first, who will capture the Hachibi (8 tails)? There aren't many candidates able to do it. Kisame even failed...

Shneak
7th January 2010, 10:31 PM
She was at one of Orochimaru's hideouts that had all of the Curse Seal test subjects.

Yes, I should of known that. Why'd I say prison? XD

HoennMaster
7th January 2010, 11:26 PM
Because all of the test subjects are locked up just like prison.

Torpoleon
8th January 2010, 12:24 AM
But first, who will capture the Hachibi (8 tails)? There aren't many candidates able to do it. Kisame even failed...Maybe it will be Zetsu? Then they'd extract thebeast and tehn Zetsu later on dies so that Madara can be the last Akatsuki member left with Naruto being the last jinchuriki.

HoennMaster
8th January 2010, 12:59 AM
I just hope they capture him soon, Killer Bee is annoying....I wonder how the anime version will be

Shadow Lucario
8th January 2010, 1:07 AM
I just hope they capture him soon, Killer Bee is annoying....I wonder how the anime version will be

You can find out now. An episode with him was posted today. Anyway, I also hope Killer Bee is captured soon. I don't really like him.

Lorde
8th January 2010, 1:14 AM
You can find out now. An episode with him was posted today. Anyway, I also hope Killer Bee is captured soon. I don't really like him.

Really? A while ago everyone and their dog liked him.

HoennMaster
8th January 2010, 8:56 AM
I did....until the bad raps started.

Lorde
8th January 2010, 9:06 AM
I did....until the bad raps started.

I suppose I thought of them as "quirky" from the start so I didn't mind the new ones :p

I guess it's more about the Raikage now. He was able to counter Sasuke pretty well on his own.

HoennMaster
9th January 2010, 2:47 AM
Just in case anyone is wondering, the anime changed the conversation between Taka and Akatsuki to say that they only have six Tailed Beasts.

Shadow Lucario
9th January 2010, 2:58 AM
I have a feeling a filler arc is coming up after Sasuke and Taka "capture" the Hachibi

Lorde
9th January 2010, 3:05 AM
Just in case anyone is wondering, the anime changed the conversation between Taka and Akatsuki to say that they only have six Tailed Beasts.

I have a feeling a filler arc is coming up after Sasuke and Taka "capture" the Hachibi

Yeah, it's been confirmed that there will be a six-tails arc. Probably right after the eight-tails arc.

Ash-kid
9th January 2010, 11:45 AM

Yes. He's getting weird lately. I hope in the anime it will be different.

Lorde
9th January 2010, 11:49 AM
Yes. He's getting weird lately. I hope in the anime it will be different.

How/Why would it be different? Just because the order is slightly different in the anime, doesn't mean they'll change the way he's captured.

talala
9th January 2010, 6:33 PM
Yeah, it's been confirmed that there will be a six-tails arc. Probably right after the eight-tails arc.

cool, i liked the three tails arc, hopefully the six tails arc will be just as good if not better than the three tails arc. (anime needed a filler, its catching up to the manga)

Shadow Lucario
9th January 2010, 6:55 PM
The anime is still far behind the manga. They still need to cover Kakashi vs Pain, Naruto vs Pain, the Gokage meeting, Sasuke vs the Kages, and more. Anyway, I hope this week goes by fast. I can't believe Kishimoto would leave us on a cliffhanger like that for two weeks! That just wasn't cool!

talala
9th January 2010, 8:37 PM
The anime is still far behind the manga. They still need to cover Kakashi vs Pain, Naruto vs Pain, the Gokage meeting, Sasuke vs the Kages, and more. Anyway, I hope this week goes by fast. I can't believe Kishimoto would leave us on a cliffhanger like that for two weeks! That just wasn't cool!

i know, but compare how many chapters it took for sasuke vs. itachi and how many anime episodes it took (around 8 to 2) and it took the manga 4 chapters for the akatsuki and hawk chat, it took the anime 1 episode...

TsukiMirage
9th January 2010, 9:06 PM
Too bad Kishi isn't like Kudo. It wold be nice if Utakata's abilities in the anime were gonna be canon.

Lorde
9th January 2010, 10:11 PM
i know, but compare how many chapters it took for sasuke vs. itachi and how many anime episodes it took (around 8 to 2) and it took the manga 4 chapters for the akatsuki and hawk chat, it took the anime 1 episode...

Actually, Sasuke versus Itachi was 4 episodes, not 2.

talala
10th January 2010, 2:20 PM
Actually, Sasuke versus Itachi was 4 episodes, not 2.

i don't count walking to the fight part of the fight >.>

Lorde
10th January 2010, 2:28 PM
i don't count walking to the fight part of the fight >.>

Neither did I.

It begins with episode 135 where they exchange a few blows and Genjutsu, it ends with 138 where it's Susanoo versus Orochimaru and then Itachi's death.

HoennMaster
11th January 2010, 7:51 AM

Well it's not all his fault. :)

The anime may be far behind, but look how fast their did Sasuke's recent fights compared to earlier fights. They would catch up quickly at that pace.

Lorde
11th January 2010, 7:56 AM
I think the author's know when a hiatus is coming up, so they prepare the cliffhanger chapters ahead of time :S

Shadow Lucario
11th January 2010, 10:16 PM
Only three more days and we will find out if this Itachi was planned by the real one or a clever ruse by Sasuke

HoennMaster
11th January 2010, 10:36 PM
Surprisingly Itachi is becoming one of my favorite characters.

Shadow Lucario
11th January 2010, 10:39 PM
Itachi has been one of my favorite characters since he appeared. I was sad when he died. That's when I started to respect Sasuke more.

Lorde
12th January 2010, 2:12 AM
Itachi has been one of my favorite characters since he appeared. I was sad when he died. That's when I started to respect Sasuke more.

I liked Itachi too, he was the generic "bad-***" of the series, until he died.

7 tyranitars
12th January 2010, 5:16 PM
Me too, it would be awesome if he was somehow alive,
but I think it genjutsu or inplanted image.

Lorde
12th January 2010, 5:24 PM
Me too, it would be awesome if he was somehow alive,
but I think it genjutsu or inplanted image.

I would love that. Welcome to the Naruto Manga Discussion by the way. I'll try to welcome newcomers if I can since Ember is away.

I think it's both, a combination of Genjutsu and implanted image.

Shadow Lucario
12th January 2010, 11:03 PM
If Itachi was alive somehow I would be happy, but I know he died because Sasuke has Mangekyou Sharingan.

ShadowDragon16
13th January 2010, 4:59 AM
I wonder, is it possible while in that Alternate world created by Madara, Sasuke was able to transplant Itachi's mangekuyo Sharingan? I mean, I think Sasuke learned he needs more power to take on the Kages so it would seem like a likely alternative at this point. Even if Danzo has all those Sharingan in might not be likely he has the Mangekuyo.

HoennMaster
13th January 2010, 6:19 AM
I doubt it. He said she didn't want Itachi's eyes because he and Itachi have very different "visions".

7 tyranitars
13th January 2010, 10:41 AM
If Itachi was alive somehow I would be happy, but I know he died because Sasuke has Mangekyou Sharingan.

as long as he thought he was death it shouldn't make a difference.

Lucario At Service
13th January 2010, 11:44 AM
Spoiler for ch 478 is out (more like the whole chapter is out but in cam quality).
The Itachi we saw last chapter was only an illusion created by Sasuke to catch Danzo off-guard. Sasuke is able to complete his Susanoo (to its final form) and it uses bow & arrow as its weapons (as opposed to Itachi which used a sword & a shield). Danzo is able to use Mokuton as well & it seems that Madara figures out that Orochimaru must have done that to Danzo. There seems to be a face of a preson on Danzo's Right Shoulder.
Also there is a pic of Kyuubi behind Danzo near the end of the chapter. It is presently speculated that Danzo might be the one who summoned Kyuubi to attack Konoha.
Edit:- There is also something going on about a jutsu which Danzo is supposed to be going to use after this chapter named "Izanagi". Though it is not confrimed till now but it seems to be a jutsu which is Sharingan based & is speculated to be even more powerful than Susanoo.

There is supposed to be a legend about this in Japan from which people a speculating that Kishi has taken idea from.

"Izanagi and his spouse and younger sister Izanami bore many islands, deities and forefathers of Japan. When Izanami died in childbirth, Izanagi tried (but failed) to retrieve her from Yomi (the underworld). In the cleansing rite after his return, he begot Amaterasu (the sun goddess) from his left eye, Tsukuyomi (the moon god) from his right eye and Susanoo (tempest or storm god) from his nose." Sources Wikipedia

Lorde
13th January 2010, 1:38 PM
That's an interesting spoiler from the looks of it.

I knew it was an illusion.

7 tyranitars
13th January 2010, 2:24 PM
there dies the little bit of hope that irachi was alive. :( ah well I expected it, an interesting chapter indead.

Lorde
13th January 2010, 2:26 PM
there dies the little bit of hope that irachi was alive. :( ah well I expected it, an interesting chapter indead.

Well we saw him die. Besides, he planned on dying in front of Sasuke so why would he still be alive?

7 tyranitars
13th January 2010, 2:32 PM
I said it would be awesome :P (I expected it was genjutsu)

Lorde
13th January 2010, 2:34 PM
Geez, all this time I forgot to check OneManga and other sites for spoiler info. It's kinda late and we barely got Naruto spoilers :/

Does anyone know how much Weekly Shonen Jump costs in Japan by the way? In Yen preferably?

uber gon
13th January 2010, 3:34 PM
And here I thought Sasuke's Susanoo would use a string of beads like a whip Okami style.

Lorde
13th January 2010, 3:44 PM
I said it would be awesome :P (I expected it was genjutsu)

What would have been the difference between Sasuke's Genjutsu and a Genjutsu caused by Itachi before hand? I think maybe Itachi's would have been stronger since he was a master.

Lucario At Service
13th January 2010, 7:48 PM
The chapter is out.

'Izanagi' was declared a forbidden eye jutsu by the Uchiha clan based on what Madara says at the end, meaning it is really a powerful technique.

Also it seems that Danzo not only can use Mokuton but also has chakra of the first Hokage which supports his Mokuton (all thanks to Orochimaru). This combined with his Sharingan eyes would give him the ability to control the Kyuubi easily. In short, all of this would allow Danzo to control Naruto or at least subdue him, thus making Naruto completely incapable of doing anything against Danzo.

Lorde
13th January 2010, 7:52 PM
The chapter is out.

'Izanagi' was declared a forbidden eye jutsu by the Uchiha clan based on what Madara says at the end, meaning it is really a powerful technique.

Also it seems that Danzo not only can use Mokuton but also has chakra of the first Hokage which supports his Mokuton (all thanks to Orochimaru). This combined with his Sharingan eyes would give him the ability to control the Kyuubi easily. In short, all of this would allow Danzo to control Naruto or at least subdue him, thus making Naruto completely incapable of doing anything against Danzo.

I don't know why they decided to give him so many Kekkei Genkai in the first place. He's broken.

Lucario At Service
13th January 2010, 8:06 PM
I don't know why they decided to give him so many Kekkei Genkai in the first place. He's broken.
Are you talking about Sasuke or Danzo.
I forgot to mention this but it seems that Sasuke is not as good as Itachi in using 'Tsukuyomi'. This is the reason why many people had confusion when Sasuke used 'Tsukuyomi' earlier & compared it with a normal genjutsu.

Lorde
13th January 2010, 8:24 PM
Are you talking about Sasuke or Danzo.
I forgot to mention this but it seems that Sasuke is not as good as Itachi in using 'Tsukuyomi'. This is the reason why many people had confusion when Sasuke used 'Tsukuyomi' earlier & compared it with a normal genjutsu.

Is that all?

I meant Danzo of course. Mokuton and Sharingan everywhere is a bit much...

7 tyranitars
13th January 2010, 10:06 PM
wow danzo is getting more creepy whit every chapter O_o

HoennMaster
13th January 2010, 10:47 PM
Oh great, now we have two all powerful ninja to worry about. Great. Can't Danzo die already.

Shneak
13th January 2010, 10:52 PM
Heh, so Orochimaru did do that to Danzo.

Shadow Lucario
13th January 2010, 11:31 PM
I knew Danzo's technique had to do something with his eyes closing

Lorde
14th January 2010, 1:48 AM
Oh great, now we have two all powerful ninja to worry about. Great. Can't Danzo die already.

Lol well maybe Sasuke will kill him.

I'm wondering if it was Danzo who set the Kyuubi on Konoha so both Hokage would die fighting it.

Possible right?

HoennMaster
14th January 2010, 8:14 AM
Very possible. If so, he's been trying to destroy his own village for a while. He must like leading rubble.

7 tyranitars
14th January 2010, 12:11 PM
now I think of it does make sence since danzo wanted to be hokage for some time.

Lorde
14th January 2010, 2:26 PM
Well he let Akatsuki destroy Konoha once already, I figure he doesn't care about the destruction part as long his Root division lives on to serve him. He could always rebuild the village with Mokuton.

uber gon
14th January 2010, 7:59 PM
Wonder if Izanagi is like some weird virus of doom? That sounds deadly. Kinda like a ninja version of Sars.

Lorde
14th January 2010, 8:02 PM
Wonder if Izanagi is like some weird virus of doom? That sounds deadly. Kinda like a ninja version of Sars.

Izanagi is the God of Creation, not Destruction. So most likely no.

TsukiMirage
14th January 2010, 8:50 PM
I don't know why they decided to give him so many Kekkei Genkai in the first place. He's broken. I wouldn't say two Kekkei Genkai's are "many". We already had someone before now with two, Mei, So it's not anything new. I'm interested in what this will mean conserning the Kyuubi and Madara's plans, Since Danzo should also now be able to control the other Bijuus too.

Very possible. If so, he's been trying to destroy his own village for a while. He must like leading rubble. Danzo hasn't trierd to destroy Konoha at all. In fact he has tried to save it twice.

Well he let Akatsuki destroy Konoha once already, I figure he doesn't care about the destruction part as long his Root division lives on to serve him. He could always rebuild the village with Mokuton. It's not like he could have stopped Nagato, So there was nothing more he could do except stop Akatsuki's plan. Besides, All the people in the village were already taken out, So he knew they would survive.

Lorde
14th January 2010, 8:51 PM
I wouldn't say two Kekkei Genkai's are "many". We already had someone before now with two, Mei, So it's not anything new. I'm interested in what this will mean conserning the Kyuubi and Madara's plans, Since Danzo should also now be able to control the other Bijuus too.

Danzo hasn't trierd to destroy Konoha at all. In fact he has tried to save it twice.

It's not like he could have stopped Nagato, So there was nothing more he could do except stop Akatsuki's plan. Besides, All the people in the village were already taken out, So he knew they would survive.

Only two characters have two so far. That's rare.

About Danzo, when did he try to save the village?

HoennMaster
15th January 2010, 7:52 AM
Danzo hasn't trierd to destroy Konoha at all. In fact he has tried to save it twice.

It was a very loose statement. With this development, he might of have something to do with the Nine-Tails in the past. Not to mention he didn't try to do anything to save Konoha when Pain attacked.

GrizzlyB
15th January 2010, 8:05 AM
I'm interested in what this will mean conserning the Kyuubi and Madara's plans, Since Danzo should also now be able to control the other Bijuus too.

I kind of doubt that, since his First Hokage traits are probably pretty weak, like Yamato's, and it seems rather like Uchiha can manipulate the Nine Tails only, and not the other beasts. With both, though, he would probably have control over the Nine Tails as someone who isn't Hashirama nor a true Uchiha. I'd assume that's what he was going for.

With this development, he might of have something to do with the Nine-Tails in the past.

That doesn't seem too likely. Didn't Itachi and Minato both confirm that Madara was behind the attack? Unless you mean that they were working together, but they seem to have pretty opposite goals, if you ask me.

Lucario At Service
15th January 2010, 10:31 AM
I kind of doubt that, since his First Hokage traits are probably pretty weak, like Yamato's, and it seems rather like Uchiha can manipulate the Nine Tails only, and not the other beasts. With both, though, he would probably have control over the Nine Tails as someone who isn't Hashirama nor a true Uchiha. I'd assume that's what he was going for.
Well we aren't actually sure whether the Uchiha's can control only the Kyuubi or they could control the others as well. But if a Uchiha can control a beast like Kyuubi (who is full of malice, is also supposed to have a bit of high intelligence compared to the other beasts [except the 8-tails], has the most monstrous chakra for any tailed beast [except the 10-tails ofcourse] plus an equal monstrous physical power & stamina), then the chances of him being able to control the other beast shouldn't be a problem.

That doesn't seem too likely. Didn't Itachi and Minato both confirm that Madara was behind the attack? Unless you mean that they were working together, but they seem to have pretty opposite goals, if you ask me.
Actually, what Itachi said to Sasuke can't really be taken as a fact because Sasuke was totally manipulated by Itachi. As for Minato i am not sure but there could be some reason why he said that.

As we have seen in the manga, it is quite clear that Akatsuki was already formed by Madara (with his plans for the 10-tails) by the time Kyuubi attacked Konoha.
So, my question is that why would Madara let go on the most powerful beast he had as a pet which he would eventually use to bring the 10-tails back to life to go out & fight and possibly get sealed (he is quite intelligent to know that the ninja's of Konoha had only one option to stop the Kyuubi during the attack & that is to seal it in some way).

My guess is that Danzo must have summoned Kyuubi to attack Konoha so that he could frame the Uchiha for the attack (since he knew that Minato wouldn't let Konoha get destroyed similar to how he knew that Tsunade wouldn't let many people to die during the Pain attack).
Madara meanwhile knowing that the Kyuubi was important for his plans tried to take back control of Kyuubi (but his limited power must have made it a bit difficult). Minato must have known about Akatsuki & some of there plans so when he faced Madara, he though that it was him who set Kyuubi to attack Konoha.
Madara knowing Minato's abilities (this i say because Madara seems to have a lot of knowledge about what is happening in Konoha even when after he left it), tried to stop him so that he wouldn't seal Kyuubi away. But in the end Minato was able to seal Kyuubi (though lost his life during it).

This is only a theory of my, so just take it with a 'grain of salt' :).

7 tyranitars
15th January 2010, 1:45 PM

itachi could have said that just to make sure sasuke din't go to madara

and about minato, he only speaks of a man whit a mask. yes every fact points to madara but it could be possible that danzo was behind it

Lorde
15th January 2010, 4:00 PM

Well Madara said it was a natural disaster but I don't believe him. Itachi could have lied too. Not sure about Minato though...

uber gon
15th January 2010, 4:43 PM
Izanagi is the God of Creation, not Destruction. So most likely no.

Then maybe Izanagi is something like Green Lantern rings. Wonder if Sasuke will use the same thing?

Lorde
15th January 2010, 4:46 PM
itachi could have said that just to make sure sasuke din't go to madara

and about minato, he only speaks of a man whit a mask. yes every fact points to madara but it could be possible that danzo was behind it

Then Itachi was overly catious since he also placed Amaterasu in Sasuke. Maybe he was expecting his plan of "lying about the Kyuubi attack" to fail.

Green Lanturn rings? Sure because Sasuke gets new abilities in every other chapter so that wouldn't surprise me :/

7 tyranitars
15th January 2010, 5:35 PM
heh, true every arc he has a few new tricks :P

Lorde
15th January 2010, 5:37 PM
heh, true every arc he has a few new tricks :P

In this arc it was:

Blaze release, Amaterasu armor, imperfect Susano'o, hawk summoning contract, perfect Susano'o.

There's probably more.

HoennMaster
15th January 2010, 5:45 PM
Didn't Itachi and Minato both confirm that Madara was behind the attack?

I forgot Minato mentioned that. I thought they just thought it was him but didn't know for sure.

Lorde
15th January 2010, 5:47 PM
Ah...I guess my "Danzo was behind the Kyuubi attack" theory is dead.

I wonder if he's planning on attacking the other villages with the Kyuubi when the war is over though.

ryodragonite
15th January 2010, 9:39 PM
Ok I know I'm slow compared to everyone else but I don't like to read online manga. But Shisuis awesome for one and I hate the tsu...kage because I can't say his name. And now to be back on topic. So that itachi illusion thats a litte creepy.

Lorde
15th January 2010, 9:46 PM
Ok I know I'm slow compared to everyone else but I don't like to read online manga. But Shisuis awesome for one and I hate the tsu...kage because I can't say his name. And now to be back on topic. So that itachi illusion thats a litte creepy.

Why don't you like to read the manga online? You seem to know a bit about it either way :/

It's Tsuchikage (I pronounce it [Su-chi-ka-ge]), which means Earth Shadow.

Shneak
15th January 2010, 10:13 PM
I liked the new chapter, seemed exciting. Makes me really want to read next week's.

Shadow Lucario
15th January 2010, 11:35 PM
I doubt Itachi would lie about something like that. Madara seems the one who would be lying. How else would he get Sasuke on his side? Also, Minato said, "The one with the mask." The only ones with a mask are Madara and Kakashi and I know Kakashi wouldn't do something like that. It all points to Madara being the one who attacked the village. He has a motive, the power, and two people say he did it.

ryodragonite
16th January 2010, 2:34 AM
Why don't you like to read the manga online? You seem to know a bit about it either way :/

It's Tsuchikage (I pronounce it [Su-chi-ka-ge]), which means Earth Shadow.

Eh I just don't. I like to read it when its physically in front of me and my computers realy slow but I read the danzo/sasuke part where he gets itachi. Thats it so far.

Swampert_trainer
16th January 2010, 2:55 AM
Interesting chapter I suppose. Danzou has too many power ups, but at least now we have some idea of what he's really after. With those Sharingan and the cells of the 1st Hokage he could control the Kyuubi.

I'm curious about this forbidden technique from the Uchiha clan. Any ideas of the details of this jutsu?

LittleRedRodeo
16th January 2010, 4:37 AM
EDIT - for some reason I thought I was in the "What manga are you currently reading" thread, if any of you saw that other post. I'm still reading Naruto, but the Sasuke vs. Danzo fight doesn't really interest me right now. I hope it'll be over quick and the plot can continue to move on.

ShadowDragon16
16th January 2010, 4:45 AM
I doubt Itachi would lie about something like that. Madara seems the one who would be lying. How else would he get Sasuke on his side? Also, Minato said, "The one with the mask." The only ones with a mask are Madara and Kakashi and I know Kakashi wouldn't do something like that. It all points to Madara being the one who attacked the village. He has a motive, the power, and two people say he did it.

However, Itachi wanted Sasuke not to believe anything Madara says. Since Itachi was playing the part of the "Bad" guy, and started to say he wanted the eternal mangekuyo sharingan saying that he wanted to supoass Madara. That was all a lie, why believe that Madara attacked Konoha if everything else Itachi said was a lie.

In a way I believe Danzo played apart in that, Danzo always said he wanted to become the hokage. Since Minato lost his life to stop the fox, that would be one person down. Plus, I remember in a previous chapter about raikage talking about when the sand village had a pact with orochimaru to invade konoha, it was apparently part of a plan formulated by Danzo.

In Manga 458 pages 9 and 10, Raikage figured out Danzo had a plot and it might have been to kill the 3rd hokage. In a way Danzo wanted power, I can see why Danzo would be the one to use the fox.

daveshan
16th January 2010, 5:34 AM
However, Itachi wanted Sasuke not to believe anything Madara says. Since Itachi was playing the part of the "Bad" guy, and started to say he wanted the eternal mangekuyo sharingan saying that he wanted to supoass Madara. That was all a lie, why believe that Madara attacked Konoha if everything else Itachi said was a lie.

In a way I believe Danzo played apart in that, Danzo always said he wanted to become the hokage. Since Minato lost his life to stop the fox, that would be one person down. Plus, I remember in a previous chapter about raikage talking about when the sand village had a pact with orochimaru to invade konoha, it was apparently part of a plan formulated by Danzo.

In Manga 458 pages 9 and 10, Raikage figured out Danzo had a plot and it might have been to kill the 3rd hokage. In a way Danzo wanted power, I can see why Danzo would be the one to use the fox.

Valid points, but I'm wondering if the person claiming to be Madara is who he says he is. There seems to be too much mystery surrounding him and the fact that they never reveal his face shows there's more going on.

Still, I'm wagering that no one controlled Ninetales, but was able to put the effects into motion that would bring it to the Leaf Village. But that person wasn't Danzo. He may be a power hungry *******, but he would never put the entire village in harm's way to get it. Doesn't fit his character.

'Madara' (as we'll call him for now) doesn't fit the bill either. He seems more cunning and subtle then to just throw Ninetales at the Hidden Leaf without doing something under the cover that the chaos wrought.

The Uchiha clan has the same defense as Madara. Why not take power as the beast is being fought?

Orrochimaru might have. It seems his style to use Ninetales just to test how strong the village's defenses are. Personally, I hope he's still alive somewhere, because both deaths were wayyyyyyyy too anti-climactic for him.

*Sigh* For now, we really have to wait for more evidence to surface. Heck, maybe the Third wanted his job back.

ShadowDragon16
16th January 2010, 6:03 AM
Valid points, but I'm wondering if the person claiming to be Madara is who he says he is. There seems to be too much mystery surrounding him and the fact that they never reveal his face shows there's more going on.

Still, I'm wagering that no one controlled Ninetales, but was able to put the effects into motion that would bring it to the Leaf Village. But that person wasn't Danzo. He may be a power hungry *******, but he would never put the entire village in harm's way to get it. Doesn't fit his character.

'Madara' (as we'll call him for now) doesn't fit the bill either. He seems more cunning and subtle then to just throw Ninetales at the Hidden Leaf without doing something under the cover that the chaos wrought.

The Uchiha clan has the same defense as Madara. Why not take power as the beast is being fought?

Orrochimaru might have. It seems his style to use Ninetales just to test how strong the village's defenses are. Personally, I hope he's still alive somewhere, because both deaths were wayyyyyyyy too anti-climactic for him.

*Sigh* For now, we really have to wait for more evidence to surface. Heck, maybe the Third wanted his job back.

Well, if Danzo's plot was to have orochimaru and Suna attack konoha, I would see that as evidence that Danzo would put the village into harms way.
As for Madara, Madara seems to think ahead, he predicted and formulated an alternate plan if Nagato betrayed him (which he did). Agreed, Madara seems to smart to just send a beast to attack konoha without having an alternate plan if the kyuubi was beaten.

There is a mystery behind Danzo, plus Orochimaru did do ALOT of experiments on Danzo (10 uchiha sharingan, and the first hokage cells). It wouldnt suprise me in the least if it was Danzo who used the Kyuubi.

7 tyranitars
16th January 2010, 10:17 AM
yep I think danzo has something to do whit it.
but perhaps we are gonna find out the next few chapters I hope so because I'm really curious :P

Lorde
16th January 2010, 5:29 PM
I really want this fight to wrap up and I want to see this Izanagi technique in action.

uber gon
16th January 2010, 10:48 PM
Blaze release, Amaterasu armor, imperfect Susano'o, hawk summoning contract, perfect Susano'o.

There's probably more.

Since Sasuke seems to be full of rage and vengeance his next technique could be this (http://greenlantern.wikia.com/wiki/File:544233-atrocitus_by_bakanekonei_super.jpg) or maybe this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OslvfNigv_8).

Lorde
16th January 2010, 11:28 PM
There is a mystery behind Danzo, plus Orochimaru did do ALOT of experiments on Danzo (10 uchiha sharingan, and the first hokage cells). It wouldnt suprise me in the least if it was Danzo who used the Kyuubi.

Too bad Minato confirmed it was Madara and not Danzo. Although, maybe Madara claimed to be behind it when fighting Minato and it was Danzo. Idk too many holes in either theory.

When was it confirmed that Oro implanted those Sharingan into Shisui's (now Danzo's) arm?

Shadow Lucario
16th January 2010, 11:54 PM
When was it confirmed that Oro implanted those Sharingan into Shisui's (now Danzo's) arm?

Madara said Orochimaru did a lot f experiments on Danzo when he saw that he had Shodai Hokage's genes, but I don't think he said that he put the Sharingan in his arm.

Lorde
16th January 2010, 11:58 PM
Madara said Orochimaru did a lot f experiments on Danzo when he saw that he had Shodai Hokage's genes, but I don't think he said that he put the Sharingan in his arm.

Yeah I didn't see that either. I mean, he could've meant the eyes too but he wasn't specific.

Shadow Lucario
17th January 2010, 12:02 AM
Yeah I didn't see that either. I mean, he could've meant the eyes too but he wasn't specific.

He probably did, but like you said he wasn't specific enough. I wonder if that is why Danzo was for the slaughter of the Uchiha Clan.

Lorde
17th January 2010, 12:05 AM
He probably did, but like you said he wasn't specific enough. I wonder if that is why Danzo was for the slaughter of the Uchiha Clan.

If that's why he wanted the clan to die, then he deserves to die by Sasuke's hands. It's probably the best revenge he can get at this point since Konoha is destroyed.

daveshan
17th January 2010, 2:17 AM
Well, if Danzo's plot was to have orochimaru and Suna attack konoha, I would see that as evidence that Danzo would put the village into harms way.
As for Madara, Madara seems to think ahead, he predicted and formulated an alternate plan if Nagato betrayed him (which he did). Agreed, Madara seems to smart to just send a beast to attack konoha without having an alternate plan if the kyuubi was beaten.

Ugh, I hate it when people use the phonetical adaptation. This is English. Unless you're going to translate the rest of your sentence into how it would sound if it were translated into Japanese, it's 'Sand Village,' 'Leaf Village,' 'Nine-Tailed Demon Fox (or words to that affect),' etc. That's the number one reason I prefer the subs on Hulu and even the American dubs over the Manga and the fan subs. I don't have to go Googling every time a new proper noun is introduced.

Back on topic: I still say Danzo is innocent when it comes to Ninetales. Everything he's done, as shrewd, twisted, underhanded, and vile as it's all been, it's all been for the sake of the Leaf Village. Maybe his head was in the wrong place, but his heart certainly wasn't. If there was a person who directed it, it wasn't him.

Back to Madara: I'd like to see him turn out to be Obito, Kakashi's former team mate from his rookie days. I know he was supposed to be killed in the Third Great Ninja War, but since when has death stopped anything in an anime? Plus, it fits with the fact that we only see 'Madara' 's right sharingan and Obito gave Kakashi his left one.

Lorde
17th January 2010, 2:37 AM
Ugh, I hate it when people use the phonetical adaptation. This is English. Unless you're going to translate the rest of your sentence into how it would sound if it were translated into Japanese, it's 'Sand Village,' 'Leaf Village,' 'Nine-Tailed Demon Fox (or words to that affect),' etc. That's the number one reason I prefer the subs on Hulu and even the American dubs over the Manga and the fan subs. I don't have to go Googling every time a new proper noun is introduced.

Back on topic: I still say Danzo is innocent when it comes to Ninetales. Everything he's done, as shrewd, twisted, underhanded, and vile as it's all been, it's all been for the sake of the Leaf Village. Maybe his head was in the wrong place, but his heart certainly wasn't. If there was a person who directed it, it wasn't him.

Not to be rude, but almost everyone who posts here uses the Japanese names for characters, places, techniques, etc. There's no rule against it.

I don't mind placing the English translation in parentheses though. However, you should note that you yourself just used the wrong name for the "Nine Tailed Fox Demon". It's Nine-tails, not Ninetales. Ninetales is a Pokemon :p

About Danzo though, I won't comment too heavily on him until the next chapter, but I think he's more guilty than he leads on.

About Madara being Obito. Since it's basically been confirmed that he's Madara, it's not very likely that it'll turn out to be Obito or anyone else :p

Shadow Lucario
17th January 2010, 2:57 AM
On the topic of Madara being Obito: Most people have discounted that theory because his right eye was CRUSHED by a boulder. You can see the blood starting to seep out when he is crushed. Then after Kakashi and Rin left more boulders fell on him crushing the rest of his body.

Many people say that he died there and is still there. I on the other hand would also like to see Madara turn out to be Obito, but there is more evidence supporting he is Madara than Obito. How else would he know all about Konoha's history and about Madara's life along with Itachi's? I think Madara is using Obito's body somehow. Maybe he did some Jutsu similar to the Yamanaka Clan's Shintenshin no Jutsu (Mind Body Switch technique). I mean if he is Madara then why haven't we seen his face yet?

Lorde
17th January 2010, 3:01 AM
I mean if he is Madara then why haven't we seen his face yet?

Suspense?

I don't think that him getting crushed would void this theory. We've seen techniques that can revive a dead body into a perfect human being again in the past.

daveshan
17th January 2010, 3:52 AM
I don't mind placing the English translation in parentheses though. However, you should note that you yourself just used the wrong name for the "Nine Tailed Fox Demon". It's Nine-tails, not Ninetales. Ninetales is a Pokemon :p True. But it's a joke.

On the topic of Madara being Obito: Most people have discounted that theory because his right eye was CRUSHED by a boulder. You can see the blood starting to seep out when he is crushed. Then after Kakashi and Rin left more boulders fell on him crushing the rest of his body.
You speak of logic as if it applies to this story.

Many people say that he died there and is still there. I on the other hand would also like to see Madara turn out to be Obito, but there is more evidence supporting he is Madara than Obito. How else would he know all about Konoha's history and about Madara's life along with Itachi's? I think Madara is using Obito's body somehow. Maybe he did some Jutsu similar to the Yamanaka Clan's Shintenshin no Jutsu (Mind Body Switch technique). I mean if he is Madara then why haven't we seen his face yet?

First off, THANK YOU for using the English, even it was just in parentheses. I would never have remembered that if you hadn't.

Second, given that the Naruto-verse always has one way or another to overcome death, it's gotta be possible that Obito could do something to get out and hide among the Leaf Village to learn its history.

Lorde
17th January 2010, 3:56 AM
EDIT - for some reason I thought I was in the "What manga are you currently reading" thread, if any of you saw that other post. I'm still reading Naruto, but the Sasuke vs. Danzo fight doesn't really interest me right now. I hope it'll be over quick and the plot can continue to move on.

Well this is an important battle eitherway. I mean, it might decide what course of action Sasuke will take after this. He might still want to kill key people in Konoha.

uber gon
17th January 2010, 6:31 AM
Should I think it's weird that I kinda want Sasuke to go all Ghost Rider up Danzo's ***? I just really want to see him beat that guy.

7 tyranitars
17th January 2010, 10:51 AM
yep let's hope danzo dies, which is almost certain as sasuke is one of the main characters :P but even I don't know what idea's are for the futere :P

uber gon
17th January 2010, 11:12 AM
yep let's hope danzo dies, which is almost certain as sasuke is one of the main characters :P but even I don't know what idea's are for the futere :P

I'm thinking more that Sasuke will amputate that Sharinga arm, somehow make it his arm, and then stick Danzo into some eternal Tsukoyomi. I could really see him do that.

ryodragonite
17th January 2010, 4:01 PM
I'm thinking more that Sasuke will amputate that Sharinga arm, somehow make it his arm, and then stick Danzo into some eternal Tsukoyomi. I could really see him do that.

I don't really think he would do that arm thing.Whats the use after he kills Danzo(hopefully) all he has to do is go into konoha and kill those two old people which probably shouldnt be a challenge. That would be cool though the tsukoyomi he deserves it welll mabye not an eternity for it.

Lorde
17th January 2010, 4:40 PM

That sounds cool. But what's with these eternal illusions? First Oro now Danzo?

MarshtompMan
17th January 2010, 4:46 PM
I don't really think he would do that arm thing.Whats the use after he kills Danzo(hopefully) all he has to do is go into konoha and kill those two old people which probably shouldnt be a challenge. That would be cool though the tsukoyomi he deserves it welll mabye not an eternity for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had some secret power. Maybe they're Zetsu. O_O

Lorde
17th January 2010, 4:49 PM

They were taught by Tobirama Senju, the SECOND Hokage. They must be pretty strong don't you think?

Shneak
17th January 2010, 5:23 PM
They were taught by Tobirama Senju, the SECOND Hokage. They must be pretty strong don't you think?

They should be, but they don't look it. Are they Danzos age, or older?

Lorde
17th January 2010, 5:25 PM
They should be, but they don't look it. Are they Danzos age, or older?

Probably around the same age. I used to think Danzo didn't look strong but now...

uber gon
17th January 2010, 6:07 PM

Unless they contract some seriously debilitating disease, yes.

Lorde
17th January 2010, 6:10 PM
How convenient it would be if it were that easy. Maybe Sasuke won't even both with them. Danzo is enough I think.

ryodragonite
17th January 2010, 8:49 PM
How convenient it would be if it were that easy. Maybe Sasuke won't even both with them. Danzo is enough I think.

Mabye but Madara told him the three elders ordered for the Uchiha to be destroyed but the third kage didnt so Sasuke just might want them too.

daveshan
17th January 2010, 8:59 PM
Mabye but Madara told him the three elders ordered for the Uchiha to be destroyed but the third kage didnt so Sasuke just might want them too.

If he does, it'll be something where they ask for forgiveness or explain the story in more detail first.

We've learned that central characters in Naruto can die, but they need to have a long exposition or do a dramatic reveal first.

arceus7
17th January 2010, 9:12 PM
what happened in the recent chapter. wouldnt it be the 7th tails not the 6th if they have 6 tailed beasts already??

Shadow Lucario
17th January 2010, 10:36 PM
what happened in the recent chapter. wouldnt it be the 7th tails not the 6th if they have 6 tailed beasts already??

In the recent chapter it was shown that Itachi was an illusion by Sasuke but Danzo saw through it. Then more fighting and it was revealed that Danzo has Shodai Hokage's genes so he can use Mokuton (Wood Style) Jutsu. Sasuke's Susano'o changed and it can now shoot arrows and Madara pointed out that Danzo was using a forbidden Uchiha technique called Izanagi.

And no because they don't have to seal them in order. They just have to seal the Kyuubi last

Lorde
17th January 2010, 10:50 PM

Are you talking about the anime?

In the anime, they have the 1,2,3,4,5, and 7 tailed-beasts. In the manga, they have 1-7.

SharpedoX
18th January 2010, 1:06 AM
So, Sasuke needs to "kill" Danzo 7 times? As we saw, amputating that Sharingan filled arm is no good; he showed up with the arm intact in another scene.

I can't believe Danzo bested Akatsuki's Kakuzu on an attempt of immortality. Maybe Danzo will use the Kyuubi or has used it in his benefit like Madara suggested... The first is still a character shrouded in mystery. I wonder if he can do the "Kakuan Bliss-bringing hands" technique Yamato does to repress the Kyuubi's chakra? He has Shodaime's Mokuton after all.

Lorde
18th January 2010, 1:10 AM
So, Sasuke needs to "kill" Danzo 7 times? As we saw, amputating that Sharingan filled arm is no good; he showed up with the arm intact in another scene.

I can't believe Danzo beat Akatsuki's Kakuzu on an attempt of immortality. Maybe Danzo will use the Kyuubi or has used it in his benefit... He's still a character shrouded in mystery. I wonder if he can do the Kakuan technique Yamato can do to repress the Kyuubi's chakra? He has Shodaime's Mokuton after all.

I don't think Danzo was after immortality though, just power. Maybe the power to control the Nine-tailed Fox, but that's probably it.

ryodragonite
18th January 2010, 2:00 AM
Just asking but do the anbu and foundation(other than Sai) know what Danzos doing because if the didnt and found out bye bye Danzo.

Lorde
18th January 2010, 2:01 AM
Just asking but do the anbu and foundation(other than Sai) know what Danzos doing because if the didnt and found out bye bye Danzo.

I think that only Root knows about Danzo's true intentions, but they cannot say anything. If Danzo gets his way, the ANBU would know too.

HoennMaster
18th January 2010, 10:38 AM
I must have missed something. Where is this Danzo has to die multiple times thing coming from?

7 tyranitars
18th January 2010, 11:16 AM
because he has uses izanagi everytime he 'dies' one sharingan closes
sasuke has to 'kill' him multiple times

ryodragonite
18th January 2010, 4:18 PM
because he has uses izanagi everytime he 'dies' one sharingan closes
sasuke has to 'kill' him multiple times

Oh wow thats really cheap. Would if Sasuke slices off his head that could work?!
Oh yeah I was watching the zabuza episodes and I just saw him have shark teeth like suigetsu kisame and that Mizukages guard from the gokage temple place but there called the swordsman right? And there seven of them? I just want to know.

Lorde
18th January 2010, 5:30 PM
Oh wow thats really cheap. Would if Sasuke slices off his head that could work?!
Oh yeah I was watching the zabuza episodes and I just saw him have shark teeth like suigetsu kisame and that Mizukages guard from the gokage temple place but there called the swordsman right? And there seven of them? I just want to know.

The Seven Swordsmen of the Mist. They include Zabuza, Kisame, Chojuro, and Raiga in the anime.

Mangetsu and Suigetsu used to train under them.

arceus7
18th January 2010, 5:40 PM
jesus christ it was a crazy chapter them people on OM are right thanks shadow lucario

the 6th jin is my favorite he blows bubbles

also who is mangetsu? I really like the anime its turning into one piece status ( as in its starting to rival the manga abit)

Shadow Lucario
18th January 2010, 5:54 PM
also who is mangetsu?

Suigetsu's brother. He died before the series though

Lorde
18th January 2010, 5:56 PM
jesus christ it was a crazy chapter them people on OM are right thanks shadow lucario

the 6th jin is my favorite he blows bubbles

also who is mangetsu? I really like the anime its turning into one piece status ( as in its starting to rival the manga abit)

Starting to rival the manga?

I forget his name, the Six-tailed Jinchuriki's named. I keep calling him Ukitake.

arceus7
18th January 2010, 6:33 PM
go read what oda said about the OP manga and the OP anime.now compare that to naruto shippudens manga and anime

Lorde
18th January 2010, 6:34 PM
go read what oda said about the OP manga and the OP anime.now compare that to naruto shippudens manga and anime

Sorry, I'm not interesting in One Piece so it doesn't concern me :p

I thought it was something important.

arceus7
18th January 2010, 6:42 PM
yup thats fine although one piece is really good even though I used to think it was junk prematurely

Lorde
18th January 2010, 6:43 PM
yup thats fine although one piece is really good even though I used to think it was junk prematurely

Ok then.

Can someone enlighten me on Izanagi? It has something do to with Danzo's Sharingan but I still don't get how it works.

Shadow Lucario
18th January 2010, 7:18 PM
Can someone enlighten me on Izanagi? It has something do to with Danzo's Sharingan but I still don't get how it works.

I don't think it has to do with just Danzo's Sharingan. It's an Uchiha technique so it seems like anyone with the Sharingan can do it.

Arceus, where can I read what Oda said?

arceus7
18th January 2010, 7:25 PM
I don't think it has to do with just Danzo's Sharingan. It's an Uchiha technique so it seems like anyone with the Sharingan can do it.

Arceus, where can I read what Oda said?
its on his blog or I can shift through a thread to find a link V_V which I have no intention of doing >_<

Lorde
18th January 2010, 7:29 PM
Well all Sharingan in general then. But I still don't know how it works.

Shadow Lucario
18th January 2010, 7:29 PM
its on his blog or I can shift through a thread to find a link V_V which I have no intention of doing >_<

I'll just Google it XD

Anyone else think there is more to the Uchiha Massacre than what Madara told us?

Lorde
18th January 2010, 7:47 PM
Of course there's more to the massacre. It looks like Danzo was more involved than we thought. Looks like he got some eyes out of the deal.

arceus7
18th January 2010, 8:06 PM
uh yeah..... someone explain to kira what this jutsu is

Lorde
18th January 2010, 8:29 PM
uh yeah..... someone explain to kira what this jutsu is

Are you wondering what it is too? :P

According to this (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Izanagi), Izanagi allows the caster's body to disappear and then reappear at a certain location...

Sounds like teleportation and worse, it sounds like Madara's ability....

Shadow Lucario
18th January 2010, 8:37 PM
Did anyone else see the tenth anniversary art? A lot of them are pretty interesting. Kubo's version almost looks exactly like Ichigo XD

arceus7
18th January 2010, 8:39 PM
................... uchiha's (the clan ) are completely Deus Ex Machina to the ninja world if they have these kind of abilities. Kishimoto is making it harder to believe that the senju could have defeated the uchiha when all they can do is mokuton....

Shadow Lucario
18th January 2010, 8:58 PM
................... uchiha's (the clan ) are completely Deus Ex Machina to the ninja world if they have these kind of abilities. Kishimoto is making it harder to believe that the senju could have defeated the uchiha when all they can do is mokuton....

Actually only Shodai Hokage could do Mokuton. Niadaime Hokage did Suiton (Water Style) even when there wasn't a water source near by.

MizuJosh
18th January 2010, 9:01 PM
Mmm. Nidaime. :D

I'm liking the direction of the manga specifically because Sasuke is my favorite character and has been for 6 years. But really, where is Naruto? He fainted last I remember, yes?

arceus7
18th January 2010, 9:12 PM
Actually only Shodai Hokage could do Mokuton. Niadaime Hokage did Suiton (Water Style) even when there wasn't a water source near by.

sorry for the confusion I was talking about Madara and the first hokage. I dont see how he won.

Shadow Lucario
18th January 2010, 9:12 PM
Mmm. Nidaime. :D

Thanks XD I wasn't sure if there was an 'A' or not.

I'm liking the direction of the manga specifically because Sasuke is my favorite character and has been for 6 years. But really, where is Naruto? He fainted last I remember, yes?

Sasuke is my favorite too :D Yes he fell down on the snow after Sakura left and Sai told him the truth.

Lorde
18th January 2010, 10:38 PM
sorry for the confusion I was talking about Madara and the first hokage. I dont see how he won.

Maybe his Mokuton was stronger than Danzo's and Tenzo's?

MizuJosh
18th January 2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks XD I wasn't sure if there was an 'A' or not.

Sasuke is my favorite too :D Yes he fell down on the snow after Sakura left and Sai told him the truth.

Oh, Naruto. I love how everyone is incredibly superpowered and flashy, and then old man Danzo comes around and literally pwns people. We all thought he was a cripple.

Shneak
18th January 2010, 10:43 PM
We all thought he was a cripple.
Apparently, you can't count anybody out in the Naruto world.

MizuJosh
18th January 2010, 10:47 PM

Well, early-timeskip, I don't think anyone expected a sharingarm.

Lorde
18th January 2010, 10:49 PM

Well, that's a good thing in most cases. It keeps things interesting.

Shneak
18th January 2010, 10:54 PM
Well, that's a good thing in most cases. It keeps things interesting.

Yes, it is. I do love a puppeteer grandma.

Lorde
18th January 2010, 10:57 PM
Yes, it is. I do love a puppeteer grandma.

So do I. I also like bipolar, abusive, terrorists *coughDeidaracough*

Shadow Lucario
18th January 2010, 11:02 PM
Not to mention a half plant half human that can talk to each other :P

Lorde
18th January 2010, 11:14 PM
Oh, Naruto. I love how everyone is incredibly superpowered and flashy, and then old man Danzo comes around and literally pwns people. We all thought he was a cripple.

I always assumed he had some hidden power. How else would he command Root?

arceus7
18th January 2010, 11:28 PM
even if it was athousand times stronger I dont see it being stronger than madara who is more broken than danzo.... and this is his WEAKER version....

uber gon
18th January 2010, 11:29 PM

Free candy?

Lorde
18th January 2010, 11:29 PM
even if it was athousand times stronger I dont see it being stronger than madara who is more broken than danzo.... and this is his WEAKER version....

We just saw one of Danzo's henchmen wound Madara....he isn't unbeatable...

MizuJosh
18th January 2010, 11:30 PM

I had thought he was just a crippled old man that wanted to be Hokage. >.<

Lorde
18th January 2010, 11:34 PM
I had thought he was just a crippled old man that wanted to be Hokage. >.<

Only a ninja can be a Kage.

7 tyranitars
19th January 2010, 2:52 PM
yeah and covering your eye and right arm isn't suspicous either.. :p

I wonder if the 2 advisors have any secret powers..

but I wonder who will win sasuke or danzo :P

somehow I like sasuke more then danzo. (considering sasuke is not one of my favorite character.)

Lorde
19th January 2010, 5:39 PM
Of course Sasuke will win. Sasuke isn't going to die or get beat up like last time.

HoennMaster
20th January 2010, 12:44 AM
Oh I doubt he will come off unscratched. Especially with his hate towards Danzo.

Lorde
20th January 2010, 1:12 AM
Oh I doubt he will come off unscratched. Especially with his hate towards Danzo.

Sasuke?

When I said he wouldn't get beat up, I meant that he wouldn't lose. Not that he won't get injured a little.

MizuJosh
20th January 2010, 1:17 AM
And then he'll find Sakura and make her heal him. Just kidding. He has Karin and Juugo for that.

Lorde
20th January 2010, 1:22 AM
And then he'll find Sakura and make her heal him. Just kidding. He has Karin and Juugo for that.

I wonder why those two haven't caught up with Sasuke. Instead of hanging around with those Samurai they should flee.

ryodragonite
20th January 2010, 1:46 AM

But then karin will have another chunk of skin off her a jugo will turn into a toddler or a baby or something. For some reason I want Kiba to come back. He will attack danzo!!

Lorde
20th January 2010, 1:49 AM
But then karin will have another chunk of skin off her a jugo will turn into a toddler or a baby or something. For some reason I want Kiba to come back. He will attack danzo!!

Kiba? How would he be effective against Danzo's Izanagi?

ryodragonite
20th January 2010, 1:52 AM
Kiba? How would he be effective against Danzo's Izanagi?

I dont know what Izanagi does because I don't feel like checking the previous post but Shino sucks chakra kiba destroys and hinata can stay home because I don't like her ^_^...

Lorde
20th January 2010, 1:55 AM
I dont know what Izanagi does because I don't feel like checking the previous post but Shino sucks chakra kiba destroys and hinata can stay home because I don't like her ^_^...

It was Shino's relative that weakened the invincible Madara....

Kiba isn't even near Sasuke at the moment.

ryodragonite
20th January 2010, 1:58 AM
It was Shino's relative that weakened the invincible Madara....

Kiba isn't even near Sasuke at the moment.

Ok fine about kiba he isnt going to save the world.But I never knew that aboot shinos relative.Where did you find that?The manga?

Lorde
20th January 2010, 1:59 AM
Ok fine about kiba he isnt going to save the world.But I never knew that aboot shinos relative.Where did you find that?The manga?

Yeah the manga. It was a few chapters ago.

One of Danzo's henchmen (Shino's relative) used nano-sized bugs to damage Madara's arm.

ryodragonite
20th January 2010, 2:05 AM
So what happened to madaras arm...You know what Im acually going to read the online manga for once since I feel so left behind. So lucario person I shall read it!

Lorde
20th January 2010, 2:06 AM
Well it helps to be up-to-date on current events otherwise you might not know much about what's going on.

Shadow Lucario
20th January 2010, 4:13 AM
I think it would be funny if Kiba attacks Sasuke. The gap between their power is so much I think he wouldn't even have to use Sharingan.

Lucario At Service
20th January 2010, 11:33 AM
Spoilers for ch 479 is out, here is the translated script.

サスケ血を吐く『カッ』
Sasuke coughing blood: Gah

カリン『!!』(サスケェ!!)
Karin: !! (Sasuke!!)
カリン(うろたえるな!今のウチにできる事はダンゾウの術を分析しきる事!)
Karin (This is crazy! The only thing I can do now is figure out what Danzou's jutsu is!)

ダンゾウ、須佐能乎に突っ込む
Danzou rushes toward Susano'o.

479 イザナギ
479: Izanagi

須佐能乎弓引く
Susano'o arms an arrow.
サスケ『ウオオオオオ!!』
Sasuke: Uohhhh!!

最高にして、禁断の幻術を破るには…!?
How will they defeat the greatest forbidden genjutsu...!?

弓、ダンゾウを貫通
The arrow penetrates Danzou.

マダラ(イザナギ― ほんの僅かな時間だけ)
Madara (Izanagi- in just a small amount of time)

ダンゾウ血を吐く
Danzou coughs blood.

マダラ(術者のダメージや死を含めた不利なものを夢に描きかえる事ができ―)
Madara (Anything used against the jutsu's user, including damage and even death, is able to be changed into but a vision of a dream-)

ダンゾウ印を結び『風遁・真空大玉!!!』
Danzou: Fuuton Shinkuudaigyoku [Wind Release: Great Vacuum Sphere]
空気の玉を、須佐能乎に向けて吐く
A ball of air is shot at Susano'o.
須佐能乎盾で攻撃交わす
Susano'o blocks the attack with a shield.
サスケ『ハアハア』
Sasuke: Ha-ha- (*panting sfx)

マダラ(そして術者の攻撃などで有利になるものは現実にできる
幻と現実の狭間をコントロールできる―  己自身へかける究極幻術!!
そして…イザナギを信用した眼は光を失い 二度と開くことはない…)
Madara (Not only that, but it's a genjutsu capable of allowing the user to attack to the user's advantage. It controls the eyelet of illusion and reality. It is the ultimate genjutsu that can be activated on the user!! ...also...using Izanagi means eliminating the light its eye. It will never open again...)
ダンゾウの右腕の写輪眼の一つが閉じる
One eye on Danzou's right arm closes.
ダンゾウ右腕の写輪眼確認。
Danzou checks the Sharingan on his arm.

マダラ(が…あの眼の数… イザナギの効果時間には個人差がある…
それを無理矢理延ばすために考案した大蛇丸の実験物に違いないが…)
Madara (Hm...those number of eyes...the effective time of Izanagi seems to differ individually...there's no doubt that Orochimaru experimented on this in order to forcibly prolong that.)

カリン、ダンゾウをガン見
Karin is watching Danzou.

ダンゾウ(マダラめ… 参戦してくる様子はなさそうだが…
奴とやりあう力も残しておかねばならん… まだ会談で使った右眼が復活するまで時間もかかる…
しかし… この須佐能乎… 簡単にはいかん あの弓の攻撃…かわすのは難しい…
イザナギを解く訳にもいくまい…
残りは五つ… そろそろ決着をつけねば… この一分にかけるか…)
Danzou (Madara...doesn't seem like he is able to participate in his state...but I must reserve some energy to compete with him...the right eye I used at the meeting hasn't restored itself yet and will take more time...however...that "Susano'o"...I can't take it lightly. That arrow attack is difficult to dodge...I can't let them figure out how Izanagi works...I have 5 left...I need to finish this soon...we'll see in this next minute...)
ダンゾウ『口寄せの術!』
Danzou: Kuchiyose no Jutsu [Summoning Jutsu]

ダンゾウの口寄せ動物は獏(バク)
Danzou's summon is a Tapir (Baku)

バクが出てきて吸引し始める
Baku appears and starts to suck everything in.
耐えるサスケ
Sasuke endures it.

マダラ(この口寄せ… 獏か… 悪夢を食らうバケモノ… 思ったより随分と大きい)
カリン影に隠れ(ダンゾウは見逃さない! どんなことがあっても!!)
Madara ()

ダンゾウ、サスケの背後に回る(ちょっと距離をとる)
サスケ『!!』
ダンゾウ(これで須佐能乎も動けまい… そして獏の吸引力を利用し威力を上げた―)
ダンゾウ『風遁・真空連破!!!』
須佐能乎にむかって息を吐く

ダンゾウ(須佐能乎にの隙間… ここだ!)
ダンゾウ、須佐能乎にむかって走り出す

サスケ口を膨らまし『火遁・豪火球の術!!』
獏に向って火を吹く

獏吸引中、火も吸い込む

ダンゾウ『!』
須佐能乎、ダンゾウにパンチ

マダラ(火遁か… 吸い込んでいた風をうまく利用したな… サスケ)
カリン(56 57 58 59…   60)

ダンゾウの口寄せは苦しみながら消える
サスケもグッタリ

カリン(あの眼… 約60秒ごとに一個づつ閉じていく… その間ダンゾウのチャクラは急速に減 り続けている
つまりあの右腕は このおかしな術の発動時間を表してるってことで まず間違いない!
あと四つ…! つまりあと約240秒… 約4分が術の限界時間…! …でもまだあの眼のストッ クがあるかも しれない…
ダンゾウの攻撃は有効 そしてサスケの攻撃は無効になる この術のシステムからして…
ダンゾウはこの術が発動しているうちにサスケを倒そうとやっきのはず 相討ちでさえダンゾウの 勝ちになる! )
カリン『サスケェ!奴の術が少しだけ分かってきたぞ!聞け!いいか!』
continue
サスケボロボロ状態『その右腕の10個が全て閉じたとき… お前の術が解けるようだな

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasuke is always best to make this surgery reduced the time continues to use the imposition of Izanagi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

マダラ(この口寄せ… 獏か… 悪夢を食らうバケモノ… 思ったより随分と大きい)
カリン影に隠れ(ダンゾウは見逃さない! どんなことがあっても!!)
Madara (This summon...a tapir (baku) huh...a monster that eats nightmares...it's much bigger that I imagined.)

ダンゾウ、サスケの背後に回る(ちょっと距離をとる)
Danzou is facing Sasuke's back (with some distance between them)
サスケ『!!』
Sasuke: !!
ダンゾウ(これで須佐能乎も動けまい… そして獏の吸引力を利用し威力を上げた―)
Danzou (With this, even Susano'o won't be able to move...and using the tapir's suction, I can amplify this attack-)
ダンゾウ『風遁・真空連破!!!』
Danzou: Fuuton Shinkuu Renpa [Wind Release Vacuum Group Rend*]
[*the words 連破 means "winning successively" -- could be a pun, but it sounded weird to translate the move as such, so I broke each kanji component down even though I know it still sounds weird]
須佐能乎にむかって息を吐く
Susano's turns around and takes the blast.

ダンゾウ(須佐能乎にの隙間… ここだ!)
Danzou (Here it is...Susano'o's opening!)
ダンゾウ、須佐能乎にむかって走り出す
Danzou runs toward Susano'o.

サスケ口を膨らまし『火遁・豪火球の術!!』
Sasuke's mouth expands: Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu!!! [Fire Release Great Fireball Technique]
獏に向って火を吹く
The tapir sucks in the fireball.

獏吸引中、火も吸い込む
While inhaling, the tapir sucks in even fire.

ダンゾウ『!』
Danzou: !
須佐能乎、ダンゾウにパンチ
Susano'o punches Danzou.

マダラ(火遁か… 吸い込んでいた風をうまく利用したな… サスケ)
Madara (Fire release huh...he used the wind that was sucked in to his advantage...Sasuke)
カリン(56 57 58 59…   60)
Karin (56 57 58 59... 60)

ダンゾウの口寄せは苦しみながら消える
Danzou's summon suffers some pain and disappears.
サスケもグッタリ
Sasuke also falls.

カリン(あの眼… 約60秒ごとに一個づつ閉じていく… その間ダンゾウのチャクラは急速に減 り続けている
つまりあの右腕は このおかしな術の発動時間を表してるってことで まず間違いない!
あと四つ…! つまりあと約240秒… 約4分が術の限界時間…! …でもまだあの眼のストッ クがあるかも しれない…
ダンゾウの攻撃は有効 そしてサスケの攻撃は無効になる この術のシステムからして…
ダンゾウはこの術が発動しているうちにサスケを倒そうとやっきのはず 相討ちでさえダンゾウの 勝ちになる! )
Karin (That eye...it takes about 60 seconds before each eye closes...and in that moment, Danzou's chakra plummets rapidly. In other words, there's no doubt that his right arm's jutsu needs time to activate! There's 4 left...! So that's about 240 seconds...that justu is limited to 4 more uses...!...But there's also a possibility he has more eyes in his stock...Danzou's attacks are effective...but Sasuke's become ineffective. How does this system work...When Danzou's jutsu is active, and as Sasuke attacks -- even if they attack at the same time, Danzou's will still beat his out.)
カリン『サスケェ!奴の術が少しだけ分かってきたぞ!聞け!いいか!』
Karin: Sasuke! I'm starting to understand how his jutsu works! Are you ready, listen!

サスケボロボロ状態『その右腕の10個が全て閉じたとき… お前の術が解けるようだな
While Sasuke is in a worn out state, Karin: That right arm of his has 10 eyes, and when all of them are closed, your jutsu should be effective.

ダンゾウ『お前… イザナギの事を知っていたのか?』
Danzou: You...you've figured out Izanagi huh?
サスケ『やはりそうか!』
Sasuke: So it seems!
サスケ、ダンゾウに向ってく
Danzou goes torward Sasuke.
ダンゾウ『カマをかけたか …小賢しい奴だ』
Danzou: You tricked me into confirming it...what a clever *****.

カリン『バ…バカ何で自分から!?とにかく今は離れろ!長期戦に持ち込め!』
Karin: I...Idiot, you said it yourself!? Anyway, get away now! Draw the battle out!

マダラ(それでは意味がない… ダンゾウはその場合イザナギを解いてしまう…
サスケはイザナギを使わせ続け この術の発動時間を減らさせるために常に最高の”須佐能乎”で 攻めたててき た
サスケはとっくに気付いていた… どっちが先にバテるかだ)
Madara (There's no meaning in that...Danzou will only release Izanagi if he bides for time..in order to decrease it's activation time, Sasuke must attack constantly and incessantly while he's using Ianagi. He should have already noticed that...so who will be the first to be worn out?)

サスケ限界?ぽい?
Is Sasuke at his limit?
サスケ腕の入れ墨叩き手裏剣出し、投げる
Sasuke brings out shuriken from his arm and throws them.
ダンゾウ、クナイ出し クナイに空気の層を付ける
Danzou takes out a kunai and attaches a seam of air to the blade.

サスケ、千鳥流し?
Sasuke uses Chidori nagashi?
サスケ、右眼(万華鏡)見開き
Sasuke has Mangekyo activated in his right eye.

相討ち状態。
They strike each other simultaneously.
サスケもダンゾウ刺す
Danzou and Sasuke have both been pierced.

このダンゾウは現実か幻か…
Is this the real Danzou or an illusion...
次号、決着!!
Next chapter, the conclusion!!

終わり。サーセイ★
The End.

7 tyranitars
20th January 2010, 12:53 PM
well well, can't wait till the new chapters gets released sounds interesting though..

Ash-kid
20th January 2010, 2:16 PM
Seems great, I'm waiting for the translation of pages 13-17. can you translate them?

Lucario At Service
20th January 2010, 3:20 PM
Updated my above post with the rest of the translation.

Seems great, I'm waiting for the translation of pages 13-17. can you translate them?
I can't translate them since i don't know japanese. The translation work is done by other people on other forums. I am just posting here what those people have translated, thats all.

Side Note:- "Ash-Kid" have you posted in this thread before because this is the first time i am seeing you here (i have a poor memory thats why i am asking you).

lucky_u
20th January 2010, 4:07 PM
So, we can expect end of this arc next week.
Oh, if the translation on the attack Danzo used does not fit, I can translate it.
连means twice,破 can also means break,so it means break it twice.

Lorde
20th January 2010, 6:19 PM
Looks like an interesting chapter. I don't think this'll end the arc though. It seems too short to me though.

ryodragonite
20th January 2010, 9:44 PM
Yeah it does seem interesting but I read the online manga and now I know why I dont read it. And the face coming out of danzos shoulder is that supposed to be the first hokage?
Shadow lucario: Man sasuke would own kiba but still I can dream.

HoennMaster
20th January 2010, 10:01 PM
Honestly, the most exciting part was the word conclusion. IDK, I just don't really like Danzo. Sounds like a interesting battle though.

Shadow Lucario
20th January 2010, 11:34 PM
Anyone else read the chapter. I'll wait until you guys read it to say anything

HoennMaster
20th January 2010, 11:48 PM
We only have the script at the moment so how could we read it.

Shadow Lucario
21st January 2010, 12:00 AM
We only have the script at the moment so how could we read it.

Mangastream always has the chapters up on Wednesday :P

ryodragonite
21st January 2010, 12:25 AM
Yeah I read it just now and so far im glad to see sasuke has a new fire style jutsu.Wait its new right shadow? Because thats the first time ive seen it.

HoennMaster
21st January 2010, 12:57 AM
I pray Danzo does not come off this unscratched.

Anyone else read the chapter. I'll wait until you guys read it to say anything

Spoilers have already been posted anyway. Plus it's a discussion topic no need to wait.

Lorde
21st January 2010, 1:06 AM
Yeah it does seem interesting but I read the online manga and now I know why I dont read it. And the face coming out of danzos shoulder is that supposed to be the first hokage?
Shadow lucario: Man sasuke would own kiba but still I can dream.

Idk about the face, maybe not since we saw the First Hokage's corpse before in Part 1.

Shadow Lucario
21st January 2010, 1:57 AM
Yeah I read it just now and so far im glad to see sasuke has a new fire style jutsu.Wait its new right shadow? Because thats the first time ive seen it.

No its not new. Great Fireball Technique is an old technique. Sasuke used it when he was like seven

MizuJosh
21st January 2010, 2:00 AM
No its not new. Great Fireball Technique is an old technique. Sasuke used it when he was like seven

And I believe we've all seen Itachi use it, too.

Danzou's technique was SO easily analyzed by Karin... She's so smart!

Lorde
21st January 2010, 2:51 AM
And I believe we've all seen Itachi use it, too.

Danzou's technique was SO easily analyzed by Karin... She's so smart!

Hasn't Jiraiya used it too? Or something like it.

Karin is smart. She knows the secrets behind Chakra Manipulation.

uber gon
21st January 2010, 3:22 AM
So Izanagi is a very risky gnejutsu? I was hoping something involving reality bending.

Lorde
21st January 2010, 3:23 AM
Well it does kinda bend reality. It's like a dream-inducing Genjutsu (I'm ONLY using Spoiler Tags because it's a new technique):

It's risky because usually the caster could only perform it twice (once for each eye). Danzo is not limited in that way. It also only lasts about a minute according to Karin. On top of that, the eye that uses it shuts itself forever.

Interesting to note that it's a Genjutsu you cast on yourself.

MizuJosh
21st January 2010, 3:24 AM
I can't say I'm surprised. I really hope Sasuke pulls through though.

Lorde
21st January 2010, 3:25 AM
Of course he will, which upsets me. I liked Danzo somewhat because he could fight on par with Sasuke.

7 tyranitars
21st January 2010, 11:29 AM
I hope sasuke wins because I hate danzo :P not that I really like sasuke but,
atleast more than danzo I hope it soon switches back to naruto, kakashi etc.

uber gon
21st January 2010, 2:10 PM
Well it does kinda bend reality. It's like a dream-inducing Genjutsu (I'm ONLY using Spoiler Tags because it's a new technique):

It's risky because usually the caster could only perform it twice (once for each eye). Danzo is not limited in that way. It also only lasts about a minute according to Karin. On top of that, the eye that uses it shuts itself forever.

Interesting to note that it's a Genjutsu you cast on yourself.

Yeah but I was kind of expecting something like the reality bending abilities of the Scarlet Witch. But I suppose it's okay the way it is.

dannydstk
21st January 2010, 4:18 PM
http://www.narutowire.com/Naruto-Episode-479/manga/6c914ca9cfa021c74170/

whats up with it looking like theres a face on danzos shoulder srry if this has already been said

daveshan
21st January 2010, 4:21 PM
I'd hate to see Danzo go. He's been a really interesting character and the only one who acts like we were promised ninjas would (from the Zabuza arc). Also, it seems like killing him would be a cop-out for having to make an arc where the Leaf Village confronts him about what he did at the summit.

Not only that, Danzo isn't that bad of a guy. Think about the world he grew up in. During the Third Great Ninja War, it was do or die and letting morals impede your actions resulted in you dead, your friends dead, your family dead, and probably a few of your neighbors dead out of spite. Despite all that, Danzo has never once done anything to harm the village and most of the horrible things he did were to benefit it in the best way he could think of.

Having Sai assassinate Sasuke, killing that messenger frog so he couldn't call Naruto back when Pain was attacking, manipulating the arbiter of the summit to make him the leader of the ninja alliance, etc... It was all for protecting the Leaf in the way he honestly believed was the best.

I'm going to end this little speech here: If you think Danzo's a bad guy, you're falling for a genjutsu.

7 tyranitars
21st January 2010, 5:18 PM
I don't think he is a really bad guy and all
sure if you think of it, everything he does is for the benefit of konoha
but I don't really like him he is also stuffed whit powerfull kekkei genkei just like sasuke
and besides his kekkei genkei aren't really his :S

sasuke:
blaze release (enton)
sharingan (I'm counting mangeky&#245; sharingan as an upgrade not an new kekkei genkei)

danzo:
wood release (mokuton)
sharingan

overal when danzos ability's where shown he was instandly an all powerfull freak (whit all those eyes and a head in his arm O_O)

Lorde
21st January 2010, 5:49 PM
I don't think he is a really bad guy and all
sure if you think of it, everything he does is for the benefit of konoha
but I don't really like him he is also stuffed whit powerfull kekkei genkei just like sasuke
and besides his kekkei genkei aren't really his :S

sasuke:
blaze release (enton)
sharingan (I'm counting mangekyő sharingan as an upgrade not an new kekkei genkei)

danzo:
wood release (mokuton)
sharingan

overal when danzos ability's where shown he was instandly an all powerfull freak (whit all those eyes and a head in his arm O_O)

He's not too powerful. Izanagi has limits. Though Danzo could still you Wood Style against Sasuke. Is Wood Style resistent to Fire Style?

7 tyranitars
21st January 2010, 6:12 PM
Is Wood Style resistent to Fire Style?

good point :S fire burns down wood but wood is made up of water and earth
both of them are not weak against fire water even beats it. how ever
I still think wood loses to fire :P

Lorde
21st January 2010, 6:15 PM
good point :S fire burns down wood but wood is made up of water and earth
both of them are not weak against fire water even beats it. how ever
I still think wood loses to fire :P

Yeah the whole chemistry of wood confused me.

Though how did Hashirama Senju beat Madara's Fire Style with Wood Style in their various fights?

arceus7
21st January 2010, 6:38 PM
chapter 479 is out on manga stream.. trust me its on heck of a chapter go read now it makes danzo look godly

Lorde
21st January 2010, 6:44 PM
chapter 479 is out on manga stream.. trust me its on heck of a chapter go read now it makes danzo look godly

Most of us read it yesterday. We were discussing it almost all afternoon yesterday too :p

I even posted Izanagi info.

7 tyranitars
21st January 2010, 6:58 PM
first afternoon which timezone? :S since I live in western europe
but anyway, yep we have almost started discused 480! nah that's a little too
much. the last few chapters have all been awesome in my opinion even al though they
featured sasuke :s

Lorde
21st January 2010, 7:04 PM
first afternoon which timezone? :S since I live in western europe
but anyway, yep we have almost started discused 480! nah that's a little too
much. the last few chapters have all been awesome in my opinion even al though they
featured sasuke :s

I found the chapter at around 5:00 pm Pacific Time (my time) yesterday. Most people found it a little before or a little after I did.

TsukiMirage
21st January 2010, 8:51 PM
Only two characters have two so far. That's rare. Didn't deny that it was rare, But I don't consider having two to be having too many.

About Danzo, when did he try to save the village? The Pain invasion and the Uchiha Massacre.

It was a very loose statement. With this development, he might of have something to do with the Nine-Tails in the past. Not to mention he didn't try to do anything to save Konoha when Pain attacked. Not really. Madara has already been confirmed as the person behind that. Plus, At the time of the Kyuubi attack, Danzo didn't have his arm and Sharingans, So he would have had no way to actually control the Kyuubi.

As for the Pain invasion, Danzo did try to keep Naruto from falling into the hands of Akatsuki. That was something more then most of the named ninjas did during the invasion.

I kind of doubt that, since his First Hokage traits are probably pretty weak, like Yamato's, and it seems rather like Uchiha can manipulate the Nine Tails only, and not the other beasts. With both, though, he would probably have control over the Nine Tails as someone who isn't Hashirama nor a true Uchiha. I'd assume that's what he was going for. Seems like Danzo's mokuton is strong, Considering it blocked an attack from Susanoo. He was also able to create that great mass of trees. As far as we've seen, Danzo has created more with his mokuton then Yamato has been able too. It may not be as great as the orginal, But I think it's strong enought to be a threat. I know that the Sharingan can't control the other Bijuus as far as we know, But Danzo's mokutopn may be able too give it the edge. Seems like Danzo is trying for the Kyuubi, Though that does leave the question as to why he didn't attempt anything before now.

This was a nice chapter. Since I like both Danzo and Sasuke, This fight has been enjoyable for me. Danzo summoning a Baku and then using it to ampifly his own technique was real interesting. I hope we see more of it in the future. Izanagi seems a bit overpowerful, But it does appear that Danzo is using it all up in this fight, So this may be the last we see of it. karin was funny, working hard to figure Danzo's ability out and then learning that Sasuke already knew it. I can't wait to see where this fight goes next.

Lorde
21st January 2010, 8:54 PM
I fail to see how Danzo tried to save the village during Pain's Invasion. I mean, he was willing to risk everything on a chance to become Hokage. Had his plan backfired, the village would have suffered a heavy loss of life.

I understand about the Massacre though, but it looks like he got something out of it. He seemed to care more about eyes than the village.

TsukiMirage
21st January 2010, 9:13 PM
I fail to see how Danzo tried to save the village during Pain's Invasion. I mean, he was willing to risk everything on a chance to become Hokage. Had his plan backfired, the village would have suffered a heavy loss of life. He tried by keeping Akatsuki from gaining the Kyuubi and completing their plan. Tsunade had already taken care of getting the citizens out of the village, So as far as he knew there wouldn't have been that great a lost of life. I don't think it's fair to blame Nagato's Shinra Tensei on him. That was something no one could have predicted. And his plan about becoming Hokage would have happen regardless of the outcome. Naruto took a much greater risk then Danzo did.

I understand about the Massacre though, but it looks like he got something out of it. He seemed to care more about eyes than the village. Just because he benefited from it doesn't mean the massacre wasn't for the good of the village. It's not like he made the reason for it up and did it behind everyone's back. The Uchihas were really gonna start a civil war and he did tell Sarutobi what they needed to do. The Sharingan's were really like a reward to himself.

ryodragonite
21st January 2010, 10:08 PM
So wait youre saying danzos a good guy? And whatever happened to the village trying to kill sasuke did they end that yet?

Shneak
21st January 2010, 10:39 PM
Suddenly, I want Danzo to live. I think he'll die though, while ****ing Sasuke lives. The Izanagi is interesting though, not like the Uchiha's have enough in their arsenal.

Shadow Lucario
21st January 2010, 11:22 PM
karin was funny, working hard to figure Danzo's ability out and then learning that Sasuke already knew it. I can't wait to see where this fight goes next.

I don't think Sasuke knew about it. I think Kishi just skipped Karin telling him about it.

Lorde
21st January 2010, 11:33 PM
I don't think Sasuke knew about it. I think Kishi just skipped Karin telling him about it.

Yes, I was think they just skipped the explaination to get to the good parts.

No point in hearing it again.

ryodragonite
21st January 2010, 11:36 PM
Yes, I was think they just skipped the explaination to get to the good parts.

Well whats the point of that then you dont understand really anything.
Now since some of you are saying you want danzo to live youre making me like him with his cool eyeballs on his arm and I swore I saw a face on his shoulder!

Lorde
21st January 2010, 11:38 PM
Well whats the point of that then you dont understand really anything.
Now since some of you are saying you want danzo to live youre making me like him with his cool eyeballs on his arm and I swore I saw a face on his shoulder!

Well Madara and Karin pretty much gave us a clear picture as to what Izanagi does :/

I meant that I wouldn't want to her it twice. Once was enough.

ryodragonite
21st January 2010, 11:43 PM
Well Madara and Karin pretty much gave us a clear picture as to what Izanagi does :/

I meant that I wouldn't want to her it twice. Once was enough.

Naruto seems to repeat every thing more than once. Its just what they do.
...kiba...

Shadow Lucario
21st January 2010, 11:54 PM
I don't think Naruto repeats himself. I don't think anyone does.

Lorde
21st January 2010, 11:54 PM
Naruto seems to repeat every thing more than once. Its just what they do.
...kiba...

Since when? :S

I haven't noticed it lately. Anyway, like I said space is a factor. The author had to speed things up.

GrizzlyB
22nd January 2010, 12:16 AM
Seems like Danzo's mokuton is strong, Considering it blocked an attack from Susanoo. He was also able to create that great mass of trees. As far as we've seen, Danzo has created more with his mokuton then Yamato has been able too. It may not be as great as the orginal, But I think it's strong enought to be a threat. I know that the Sharingan can't control the other Bijuus as far as we know, But Danzo's mokutopn may be able too give it the edge. Seems like Danzo is trying for the Kyuubi, Though that does leave the question as to why he didn't attempt anything before now.

Honestly, I think either one of Yamato or Danzo could be better at using wood element ninjutsu if they're not simply equally proficient. I was referring more to the control that Yamato had over the Nine-tails which was shown to be pretty weak and only possible at all because Naruto had Hashirama's necklace on. I also wonder if his control over the tailed beasts stems from his wood ninjutsu directly or it's something innate in him and he just happens to be able to do both. (of course, this is despite the fact that Yamato uses wood to suppress the Nine-tails' chakra when he does so... even though now that I think about it, it's not actually labeled a wood technique, is it?)

Suddenly, I want Danzo to live. I think he'll die though, while ****ing Sasuke lives.

I agree with this, lamentably. Though I actually wouldn't be surprised if next chapter, Danzo sacrifices the Sharingan in his eye to use Izanagi again, since he did mention that it needed to recharge, before Sasuke pulls something else out of his *** to survive. The fact that Danzo seemed to have struck Sasuke off-center in the final panel while he was shanked straight through also helps this. Unless he does just get straight up beat next chapter.

I think that's what happened, too.

Lorde
22nd January 2010, 1:04 AM
I agree with this, lamentably. Though I actually wouldn't be surprised if next chapter, Danzo sacrifices the Sharingan in his eye to use Izanagi again,

Most likely. It would mean he couldn't use it anymore, but it's a chance to use Izanagi. Besides Sasuke doesn't know about it does he?

daveshan
22nd January 2010, 1:10 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees Danzo as a good guy. Characters like him always make stories interesting as a guy you have to root for, even though you don't want to.

Plus, without him, the good guys would be too goody-good.

Lorde
22nd January 2010, 1:12 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees Danzo as a good guy. Characters like him always make stories interesting as a guy you have to root for, even though you don't want to.

Plus, without him, the good guys would be too goody-good.

Not sure if you intended to make this pun but it's funny :)

I don't know how to feel about someone who takes advantage of a situation to further his own malicious goals.

daveshan
22nd January 2010, 1:20 AM
Not sure if you intended to make this pun but it's funny :)

I don't know how to feel about someone who takes advantage of a situation to further his own malicious goals.

Well, first off, Danzo doesn't create those horrible situations. The events happen and, instead of wasting his time mourning, he uses his head to think how he can make lemonade-nojutsu out of the lemons. Plus, the end result of his goals is always to protect the Leaf Village. Like I said, his heart's always in the right place.

Also, no that wasn't a pun, but thanks.

HoennMaster
22nd January 2010, 7:52 AM
As for the Pain invasion, Danzo did try to keep Naruto from falling into the hands of Akatsuki. That was something more then most of the named ninjas did during the invasion.

Yeah, and that ended up being the worst thing, plus, he didn't even try to help save any villagers, just so he could be Hokage.

7 tyranitars
22nd January 2010, 1:06 PM
I think danzo is a little bit selfish doing anything just to become hokage
however he did want to get naruto out of akatsuki's hands even if that was a worse choice,
or not because naruto didn't found a way to have senjutsu active whitout fusion
at that time

Lorde
22nd January 2010, 7:13 PM
I think danzo is a little bit selfish doing anything just to become hokage
however he did want to get naruto out of akatsuki's hands even if that was a worse choice,
or not because naruto didn't found a way to have senjutsu active whitout fusion
at that time

Yes but like Madara deduced, Danzo only did so that he (Danzo) could take control of the Kyuubi.

7 tyranitars
22nd January 2010, 10:39 PM
perhaps but madara only thinks that is his goal it isn't confirmed yet

however it seems obvious because you don't have those 2 kenkei genkei implanted for fun

Lorde
22nd January 2010, 10:56 PM
perhaps but madara only thinks that is his goal it isn't confirmed yet

however it seems obvious because you don't have those 2 kenkei genkei implanted for fun

Haha, I like how you phrased that.

Most likely he'd want to spread his influence to other lands and the Kyuubi could be used to force such measures. How many villages could stop a Tailed Beast?

daveshan
23rd January 2010, 12:04 AM
Most likely he'd want to spread his influence to other lands and the Kyuubi could be used to force such measures. How many villages could stop a Tailed Beast?

Simple, they would just put your ma'ma in its path.

Seriously, though. Just cause 'Madara' says something, doesn't make it true. He thinks Danzo used Ninetales, but he has no concrete proof to back it up. No one does for their claim.

Lorde
23rd January 2010, 12:43 AM
It would seem just like Danzo to use someone else to do his bidding.

Most of what Madara has said so far has been true/correct.

TsukiMirage
23rd January 2010, 4:17 AM
So wait youre saying danzos a good guy? And whatever happened to the village trying to kill sasuke did they end that yet? Danzo's not a "good" guy, But he is reasonable. The plot of Konoha trying to kill Sasuke hasn't appear yet.

I don't think Sasuke knew about it. I think Kishi just skipped Karin telling him about it. There didn't seem to be any time that pass. It seems more like as Karin was gonna tell him, Sasuke got the jump on her.

I don't know how to feel about someone who takes advantage of a situation to further his own malicious goals. I wouldn't call Danzo's goal malicious. So far, It's the most reasonable why to stop the wars between the villages and bring some sort of peace to the Narutoverse.

Honestly, I think either one of Yamato or Danzo could be better at using wood element ninjutsu if they're not simply equally proficient. I was referring more to the control that Yamato had over the Nine-tails which was shown to be pretty weak and only possible at all because Naruto had Hashirama's necklace on. I also wonder if his control over the tailed beasts stems from his wood ninjutsu directly or it's something innate in him and he just happens to be able to do both. (of course, this is despite the fact that Yamato uses wood to suppress the Nine-tails' chakra when he does so... even though now that I think about it, it's not actually labeled a wood technique, is it?) I would think it came from the mokuton itself, Otherwise there should be others in his clan that should have been able to control them also. Though Yamato had a hard time controlling the Kyuubi, That may have been due to the fact it's the most powerful of the Bijuu or because it was in a Jinchuuriki host.

Yeah, and that ended up being the worst thing, plus, he didn't even try to help save any villagers, just so he could be Hokage. How was it the worst thing? Naruto getting there later gave him the advantage of Deva Pain being powerless and a clear field, Instead of a fully power Deva Pain in the middle of the village. And Tsunade had already evacuated the villagers, So Danzo knew they would survive.

Lorde
23rd January 2010, 4:19 AM
I don't understand how Danzo is any different from say Madara when it comes to the Kyuubi. Both see it as a way to spread their power.

TsukiMirage
23rd January 2010, 4:42 AM
I don't understand how Danzo is any different from say Madara when it comes to the Kyuubi. Both see it as a way to spread their power. What about the Kyuubi? Danzo's goal towards it hasn't been reveal yet. I was talking about Danzo's plan of gaining control of all the villages and uniting them under the control of one.