PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The end is here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108

Lucario At Service
9th June 2010, 4:53 PM
Here are a few shot from the ch 498,
http://i49.*******.com/b3juhj.jpg
The pic is of Kushina as a child.

As stated in the spoiler, she was said to have a special type of chakra because of which she got kidnapped by the Cloud ninja's during her academic years in Konoha, and it was Minato who saved her (thanks to Kushina making a trail out of her hairs so that she could be traced), and she fell in love wih him from that point on. Though nothing is said particular on what type of special chakra she has, it is implied that she is going to transfer her special chakra to Naruto.

Kushina's hair is as long as the present Mizukage has (which is really long).

http://i50.*******.com/n207xf.jpg

Naruto thinking how he would look like with Kushina's hair colour & style.

uber gon
9th June 2010, 7:33 PM
Wonder what new jutsu Naruto will get from this? Maybe a new rasengan?

HoennMaster
9th June 2010, 8:03 PM
Sounds interesting, but is she an illusion or not?

And for those of you who didn't know, a Snooki refers to MTV's disgusting vile show Jersey Shore, in which Snooki, a female cast member got punched in the face by a guy.

Lucario At Service
9th June 2010, 8:06 PM
Well it seems that Kyuubi knows & identifies Kushina specially because of her chakra. Here is a new part of the spoiler,

Did Kushina retrained Kyuubi ?

Yes, with chains.
Chains just popped out of nowhere. and ...

Kyuubi : "This chakra ... Kushina, huh ?"

7 tyranitars
9th June 2010, 10:12 PM
interesting, I'm looking forward for when the chapter is translated and scaned

TsukiMirage
9th June 2010, 11:34 PM
Better spoiler. I just hope Kushina doesn't give any of this special chakra to Naruto.

SilverSaint
10th June 2010, 4:15 AM
Did anyone else find it a little jarring that this chapter pretty much came out of nowhere? Don't get me wrong; I've been waiting to find out Kushina's backstory for a long time. But for her to come right in the middle of the fight and devote the whole chapter to her backstory is pretty weird right now since it basically stopped the whole Naruto/Kyuubi plot cold :l

(It's out on mangastream now if any of you haven't read it yet btw)

Xi™
10th June 2010, 4:18 AM
Did anyone else find it a little jarring that this chapter pretty much came out of nowhere? Don't get me wrong; I've been waiting to find out Kushina's backstory for a long time. But for her to come right in the middle of the fight and devote the whole chapter to her backstory is pretty weird right now since it basically stopped the whole Naruto/Kyuubi plot cold :l

I agree with you.

Shadow Lucario
10th June 2010, 4:34 AM

It doesn't stop it cold. Kushina has something to do with the Kyuubi. You can tell because she said Minato used her Chakra and the Kyuubi knows her Chakra and name. She is involved in the Kyuubi plot so she can't stop it if she is involved

SilverSaint
10th June 2010, 5:10 AM
Hmm, maybe I should have used fight instead of plot.

Yes, yes, I'm aware that she's connected to the plot because the Kyuubi knows her and everything (again, I should have used fight instead of plot). But what I'm saying is: the fight was going on strong and then Kushina seemingly came out of nowhere. I just think it's a bit odd to stop the action so suddenly because it stops the tension of the Kyuubi battle.

Shadow Lucario
10th June 2010, 5:23 AM
Yes it does stop the fight, but it's good to actually learn something about her after what 100+ chapters?

SilverSaint
10th June 2010, 5:40 AM
Like I said in my first post, I'm happy we finally have some info on her. I just wish it didn't happen in the middle of an important fight is all *~*

TsukiMirage
10th June 2010, 6:36 AM
More or less a touching chapter. I really enjoyed learning more about Kushina, But I'm not liking this revelation of her "special" chakra much. Not much at all. Especially when she apparently has the power to halt the Kyuubi inside Naruto. I don't think I'm gonna like how things get concluded. I also have mixed feeling about his parent's goal being the same was Naruto's was. I think I'm gonna need to know why Minato worded his desire that way before I can like it. And Naruto's chosen nickname...

Anyway, I'm really getting to enjoy Kumo and it's actions. They really know how to act like a ninja village. Looks like they were attempting for a while to gather unique abilities to strengthen themselves, Which makes me wonder if they ever attempted to get the Sharingan, Considering it's recognizable power.

Shadow Lucario
10th June 2010, 7:00 AM
Which makes me wonder if they ever attempted to get the Sharingan, Considering it's recognizable power.

I think if they tried it would have been very difficult especially with ninja like Itachi in the clan. Maybe they just didn't want it.

HoennMaster
10th June 2010, 8:18 AM
I loved this chapter, it's finally nice to learn something about Kushina after so long. I can't wait to see how she is going to help Naruto with the Nine Tails.

I'm sort of getting sick with Kumo doing everything lately...why couldn't she have been kidnapped by Iwa. :P

TsukiMirage
10th June 2010, 10:11 AM
Iwa couldn't even keep control of it's own Jinchuuriki, How are they gonna try and gather future military powers? At least Kumo has shown a history of building it's military strength since early on in the series.

7 tyranitars
10th June 2010, 10:44 AM
it is needed and I was waiting so much to hear about kushinas past so I' was really excited :) and mayby a bit moer next chapter:)

uber gon
10th June 2010, 6:30 PM
Wonder if Naruto will get some Wind chain jutsu and battles his opponents Spawn style? That would be pretty awesome.

TsukiMirage
10th June 2010, 7:33 PM
For some reason, I get the feeling that Kushina will be made to somehow be related to Hashirama and her ability passed on to Naruto.

HoennMaster
10th June 2010, 7:55 PM
Iwa couldn't even keep control of it's own Jinchuuriki, How are they gonna try and gather future military powers? At least Kumo has shown a history of building it's military strength since early on in the series.

Relax, that's why the smiley face is there, I was joking around. To a point.

TsukiMirage
11th June 2010, 4:02 AM
I know, I just love how Kumo seems to be the only ninja village that wants to act like a ninja village. I honestly can't wait to see what more we can learn about them.

deathseer
11th June 2010, 6:53 AM
Been waiting for this moment since the beginning of the manga. Its about time we learned more about Naruto's parents. Kushina seems awesome. And like Shikamaru and Kiba's moms, she can be really scary. I wonder how she will help Naruto.

And that Chain Jutsu seems badass. I wonder if Naruto will inherit that. Although his Shadow Clones are already something he inherited from her.

Lucario At Service
11th June 2010, 7:52 AM
And that Chain Jutsu seems badass. I wonder if Naruto will inherit that.
I don't thing those chains are related to any type of jutsu. Its seems more like Kushina's chakra has taken the form of chains so that it could bind Kyuubi & stop it from taking control of Naruto.

deathseer
11th June 2010, 8:50 AM
Well. If it is a justu, then it looks cool. If its just her chakra doing that, then meh. If it is something as simple just changing the shape of the chakra, then its nothing too special as most high level shinobi are capable of this. If I remember correctly, Kakashi said that justsus involve Nature and Spacial Composition. And I'm sure that manipulating the shape of chakra would fall into the latter. But I guess Kushina's would have the ability to instantly change its shape on how she sees fit instaed of it taking only one shape depending on the jutsu being learned.

7 tyranitars
11th June 2010, 10:30 PM
this special chakra thing can be kekkai genkai :p but I don't think so and yes those chains where cool :D

uber gon
11th June 2010, 10:42 PM
For some reason, I get the feeling that Kushina will be made to somehow be related to Hashirama and her ability passed on to Naruto.

5 bucks something like this will happen.

7 tyranitars
12th June 2010, 12:51 PM
well that could the reason why the yondaime thought he was the only one who could contain the kyuubi that he might have a hidden kekkai genkai

ryodragonite
12th June 2010, 5:24 PM
Yes Narutos mom! I thought she would be a serious type of person but shes just like Naruto and shes pretty funny too. I like that word she says. And that chain justu seal thing is awesome.

TsukiMirage
12th June 2010, 7:44 PM
As long as it stays wit Kushina. I really want Naruto to control the Kyuubi on his own, Or at least without anymore help then he's already getting.

uber gon
12th June 2010, 8:34 PM
As long as it stays wit Kushina. I really want Naruto to control the Kyuubi on his own, Or at least without anymore help then he's already getting.

With the Kyubi's power Naruto is probably going to need MORE help. Heh wonder how Sasuke will react to seeing Naruto fully controlling the Kyubi?

TsukiMirage
12th June 2010, 8:49 PM
I don't see why. It's not like it's an actual fight, Just a conflict of wills. Naruto should be able to handle it by himself. Not to mention that Naruto's only dealing with "half" the Kyuubi's chakra. I doubt Sasuke will care all that much, Considering he has already faced a full fledged Jinchuuriki.

HoennMaster
13th June 2010, 5:21 AM
Knowing him he'll make a comment about Naruto being lucky to control or something of that matter.

TsukiMirage
13th June 2010, 5:27 AM
Or even repeat his whole "I'm more special" comment, Which would be a neat way to tie their rematch back to VotE.

Shadow Lucario
13th June 2010, 2:24 PM
With the truth told to Sasuke I think it will make him think he's even more special.

7 tyranitars
13th June 2010, 2:41 PM
lol yeah >.< he won't admit atleast that naruto controlled the kyuubi whitout luck, ok now whit kushina apearing i would say he did got some help, but I don't see sasuke controll the kyuubi whitout his sharingan

ryodragonite
13th June 2010, 8:10 PM
lol yeah >.< he won't admit atleast that naruto controlled the kyuubi whitout luck, ok now whit kushina apearing i would say he did got some help, but I don't see sasuke controll the kyuubi whitout his sharingan

I don't think he'll even try to control the kyuubi. With all of his pride I think he will try to fight naruto with naruto having complete control of the kyuubi and sasuke with his sharingan he will get cocky thinking he will obviously win and then ultimately lose.

TsukiMirage
13th June 2010, 8:29 PM
Well to be fair, Kushina popping up to help Naruto is a bunch of luck itself. If she eventually helps Naruto take control of the Kyuubi through her special chakra as it's looking like she'll do, Then Sasuke would be in his full right to call Naruto out for it.

HoennMaster
13th June 2010, 10:48 PM
Sasuke hasn't done everything via hard work though. He's had his share of luck and stuff given to him as well.

TsukiMirage
14th June 2010, 12:13 AM
There's a difference though. True that Sasuke didn't purposely work to gain MS and EMS, But it can't be denied that he put alot of effort in beforehand to actually gain those abilities. He worked hard to get to Itachi's level and actually fighting Itachi before getting MS and he fought against several strong enemies before needing to take EMS.

uber gon
14th June 2010, 1:26 AM
Hope something physically ****s Sasuke up at some point.:)

HoennMaster
14th June 2010, 2:35 AM
There's a difference though. True that Sasuke didn't purposely work to gain MS and EMS, But it can't be denied that he put alot of effort in beforehand to actually gain those abilities. He worked hard to get to Itachi's level and actually fighting Itachi before getting MS and he fought against several strong enemies before needing to take EMS.

Yeah? Like Naruto hasn't fought tough oppenents too, (and here's where you'll talk about Naruto's luck), doesn't really change the fact that they were still handed to him.

TsukiMirage
14th June 2010, 5:36 AM
First off, Naruto fighting strong opponents had nothing to do with him training, While it was established that Sasuke trains by fighting strong opponents. That's why I made mention of Sasuke fighting several strong enemies before needing EMS. The fight with Kirabi and at the summit were all done as training for MS by Madara.

Secondly, How were they handed to him? Saying they were handed to Sasuke implies that he did nothing to earn them, Which clearly isn't the case. Killing the person closest to you was always the requirement for MS and Sasuke had to fight a tough battle with Itachi and learn to truth before his MS awoken. He then went on to fight other powerful ninjas til the point where he was almost blind, Thus actually needing to take EMS as oppose to taking it simply because he could. Sasuke has never received something without having to work for it, except for maybe the hawk summoning that came out of nowhere.

Thirdly, While Sasuke and Naruto have had more then their share of lucky moments, Naruto has had far more people bail him out of touch situations then Sasuke has had. Look at the current moment, Not only does Naruto have Yamato and Kirabi helping him take control of the Kyuubi, He now has Kushina suddenly appear to stop it from taking him over.

7 tyranitars
14th June 2010, 11:46 AM
yes and sasuke being born in the Uchiha clan isn't luck at all having one of the best kekkai genkai.. noo that isn't luck.. :S

TsukiMirage
14th June 2010, 7:02 PM
Just being born in the Uchiha clan was no guarantee that Sasuke would gain the Sharingan. Only a handful of Uchihas are able to awaken it and even fewer are able to gain MS. As for Sasuke being lucky, I never denied that he had lucky moments.

7 tyranitars
14th June 2010, 10:11 PM
ok then that post made it sound like it a bit, and so far I knew all uchihas have the posibility to get sharingan? :O

TsukiMirage
15th June 2010, 12:00 AM
To be perfectly honest, There's far to much use of luck in this story. Anyway, According to the databooks, Only a few Uchihas are able to awaken the Sharingan. It makes sense. Aside from the Byakugan, The majority of other Kekkei Genkai seem to appear randomly.

HoennMaster
15th June 2010, 5:42 AM
How were they handed to him?

MS was basically handed to him because Itachi already knew he was going to die again Sasuke and then he gave him some of his eye techinques. Him fighting strong oppenents doesn't really mean anything when it comes to the EMS. All that was needed was a transplant and that basically goes back to Itachi already knowing he was going to die.

While Sasuke and Naruto have had more then their share of lucky moments, Naruto has had far more people bail him out of touch situations then Sasuke has had.

That doesn't mean Naruto is in the wrong though. Naruto has almost always taken the training and put his own spin on it anyway. Sasuke chose his lifestyle, doesn't mean he deserves it more.

TsukiMirage
15th June 2010, 8:37 AM
MS was basically handed to him because Itachi already knew he was going to die again Sasuke and then he gave him some of his eye techinques. Him fighting strong oppenents doesn't really mean anything when it comes to the EMS. All that was needed was a transplant and that basically goes back to Itachi already knowing he was going to die. When exactly did Itachi hand the win to Sasuke? Itachi threw his strongest techniques at Sasuke, Who countered them with his own skills. While Itachi knew he was already dying, He also knew that Sasuke would have to finish off Madara, Which meant that Sasuke had to be as strong as him or his death would be meaningless. Not to mention that without learning the truth about the Uchiha massacre, Sasuke wouldn't have met the condition to awake it even with Itachi's death. As for the trap for Madara, That was a one-shot thing that Sasuke had no control over. It added nothing to Sasuke's actual abilities. As for EMS, The fights that Sasuke were in does factor in. Sasuke's only taking it because of those fights, Not because it's just there. If it wasn't for the blindness, Sasuke would have refused it as he did the other times Madara offered EMS to him.

That doesn't mean Naruto is in the wrong though. Naruto has almost always taken the training and put his own spin on it anyway. Sasuke chose his lifestyle, doesn't mean he deserves it more. But it does mean Naruto's not working as hard as he should be. The help that Naruto's getting isn't Naruto putting his own spin on training. It's as it's appear, Naruto receiving help. Anyway, I never said Sasuke deserved anything more then Naruto.

HoennMaster
15th June 2010, 3:13 PM
Itachi wasn't even fighting at full strength, as stated by other characters, so it wasn't what the battle should have been.

And yeah, Naruto does put his own spin on the training he receives. Hence how he uses the Rasengan and what he did with the Rasen Shuriken in the fight against Pain, which he did all of his own.

TsukiMirage
15th June 2010, 8:58 PM
Itachi wasn't even fighting at full strength, as stated by other characters, so it wasn't what the battle should have been. So? When Naruto fought Pain, Pain wasn't at full strength. Besides, Itachi's condition didn't weaken the power of his techniques. What matters is how hard Sasuke worked. Sasuke fought his hardest to beat Itachi and earn the win.

And yeah, Naruto does put his own spin on the training he receives. Hence how he uses the Rasengan and what he did with the Rasen Shuriken in the fight against Pain, which he did all of his own. I'm not talking about what Naruto did on his own. I'm talking about Naruto receiving help that lessen the work he does himself.

Swampert_trainer
16th June 2010, 12:53 AM
Sasuke and Naruto have both worked hard for their strength. Of course they've had some things handed to them, Like Naruto's large supply of chakra and Sasuke's...well they've both worked really hard and I'm sure their next fight will be awesome.

Anyway, back to the chapter. I don't think Naruto will inherit Kushina's biju suppressing chakra. It wouldn't really come in handy, well it might against Madara and his army of bijus, but I don't think suppressing them is really Naruto's style. I don't think Naruto will be getting any new jutsu from Kushina. They'll just have a nice little chat and then she'll send him back out there to tame the kyubbi.

HoennMaster
16th June 2010, 2:01 AM
Sasuke and Naruto have both worked hard for their strength. Of course they've had some things handed to them, Like Naruto's large supply of chakra and Sasuke's...well they've both worked really hard and I'm sure their next fight will be awesome.

Anyway, back to the chapter. I don't think Naruto will inherit Kushina's biju suppressing chakra. It wouldn't really come in handy, well it might against Madara and his army of bijus, but I don't think suppressing them is really Naruto's style. I don't think Naruto will be getting any new jutsu from Kushina. They'll just have a nice little chat and then she'll send him back out there to tame the kyubbi.

Naruto wouldn't really be the one suppressing them anyway, he's more of the fighting style.

I'm not talking about what Naruto did on his own. I'm talking about Naruto receiving help that lessen the work he does himself.

Well I was when I first mentioned it.

TsukiMirage
16th June 2010, 7:46 AM
Well I was only speaking about how Naruto tends to receive more help then he should.

Anyway, I can't see Kishi introducing Kushina's "special" chakra and not having it have some effect on the story somehow. But honestly, I want to see how the war is progressing so far.

uber gon
16th June 2010, 9:32 AM
Wonder if Naruto wil have some Love chakra based rasengan? I can TOTALLY see that happening.

7 tyranitars
16th June 2010, 11:06 AM
lol yeah a heart shaped rasengan or something like that >.<

tsunade did said naruto has the same jutsu style as his mom so you never know.

Horoika1
16th June 2010, 5:03 PM
CONFIRMED spoiler from OneManga

クシナは前任の九尾の人柱力でした
Kushina was the former kyuubi jinchuuriki.

ナルト、仙人モードで九尾取り込み成功。
Naruto successfully captures the kyuubi in sennin mode.

まだクシナは消えてない
Kushina has not disappeared yet

9尾封印間際
Just before the kyuubi is sealed

『六道仙人の…!?』9尾消える。
"Sage of the 6 paths'…!?" kyuubi disappears

クシナ これでミナトと会えるわ… これから、真相を話すわ 私は前任の人柱力…
Kushina - after this I can see Minato… now, I will tell you the truth about my being the former kyuubi jinchuuriki

次週は休載
Next week is a break

TsukiMirage
16th June 2010, 5:35 PM
I don't know if this is worst then I thought it would be or better then I thought it would be. How does this even work? It goes against everything we've been told. It also makes Itachi and Jiraiya wrong and Madara appear to have told the truth about the Kyuubi summoning being an accident. Not to mention, Why was the Uchiha clan blamed when the Jinchuuriki should have been the one taking blame. Kishi is gonna have to do alot of explaining to make this wok.

uber gon
16th June 2010, 6:26 PM
lol yeah a heart shaped rasengan or something like that >.<

tsunade did said naruto has the same jutsu style as his mom so you never know.

Would be pretty interesting to see the Power of Love utilized as an actual weapon.

HoennMaster
16th June 2010, 10:08 PM
Ok so that was an interesting chapter. Kushina being a Jinchūriki is interesting, I wonder how that lead to the Nine-Tails attack.

So Naruto now has complete control of the Nine Tails' chakra right? I wonder what his power is going to be like now.

Shadow Lucario
16th June 2010, 10:26 PM
So when Kushina popped out Naruto she popped out the Kyuubi too? Must of hurt

DarkSpace2012
17th June 2010, 12:04 AM
Where will Naruto go now? He has all the power he needs to defeat Madara and Sasuke...

TsukiMirage
17th June 2010, 12:49 AM
A nice action packed chapter, But it really didn't make much sense. The whole waterfall training ended up being meaningless. It didn't amount to anything, And Naruto still required the help of not only Kirabi and Yamato but his mother also to overcome the Kyuubi. Not to mention there were way too many Rasengan based moves in this chapter for my taste. I honestly can't wait to hear the explanation for Kushina being the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki.

Shadow Lucario
17th June 2010, 2:41 AM
I don't think Tenzo did anything. He was about to supress the Kyuubi sure, but before he could Kushina appeared. On another note, how did she appear???

uber gon
17th June 2010, 5:58 AM
So we have an Odama Rasengan Barrage and the Rasenshuriken. Why can't we get an Odama Rasenshuriken in the mix? That would be some awesome overkill. Or at the very least an Odama Rasenshuriken.

dannydstk
17th June 2010, 7:12 AM
this chapter was phenomenal in my opinion. im still trying to wrap my head around it. so many things happened that i didnt expect to.

first off the sage of the sixth paths i really didnt expect something like that. i thought possibly that all talk of it would be about done but i guess its a pretty big part of the story at this point but i guess i think of it to much as a pain thing.

i personally would like to see naruto inherit something from his mother so i like the suppressing love chakra idea but well see. the heart rasengan reminds me of total kingdom hearts though lol

TsukiMirage
17th June 2010, 9:17 AM
I don't think Tenzo did anything. He was about to supress the Kyuubi sure, but before he could Kushina appeared. On another note, how did she appear??? Yamato said that he was holding the Kyuubi back before Kushina appeared.

7 tyranitars
17th June 2010, 11:58 AM
the chapter was actualy better then I thougt when I read the spoilers :P
the sage of the six paths thing looked cool :o

HoennMaster
17th June 2010, 5:34 PM
And Naruto still required the help of not only Kirabi and Yamato but his mother also to overcome the Kyuubi.

It's understandable. The Nine Tails is pure evil and has more power and chakra then anything else so more then one person trying to control it makes more sense then just one in my opinion.

On another note, how did she appear???

I believe last week she said she sealed part of herself in Minato's seal.

Torpoleon
17th June 2010, 6:34 PM
Surely surprising! I find it interesting how the new seal makes Naruto look like the Sage of the Six Paths. Gee, Kushina was the previous Nine-Tailed Demon Fox Jinchuriki. Masashi Kishimoto really knows how to surprise us. I can't wait for Chapter 500 since it sounds like it will be interesting!

SharpedoX
17th June 2010, 8:06 PM
Awesome chapter! Still can't believe Kushina was the former Nine-Tails jinchuuriki. Knowing her death was shrouded in mystery, this was somewhat predictable, wasn't it? I was shocked seeing Naruto bearing the Sage of the Six-Paths necklace. Can someone explain that to me? How did the Sage managed to manifest itself inside Naruto's mind?

But like Tsuki said, it's kind of annoying to know that the the previous versions of the Kyuubi's attack on Konohagakure were nothing more than lies.

A question that's been bothering me: why hasn't Madara taken off his mask? He revealed he was alive to the Five Kages and upon declaring war on their villages, I had the feeling he would reveal himself by taking down it down and overriding any doubts. At this point, is it plausible to assume that Tobi isn't Madara? In fact, Kabuto even referred to him as Tobi yet corrected himself, as everybody knew him as Uchiha Madara.

uber gon
17th June 2010, 10:30 PM
Hopefully the next chapter will help clarify the extent of Madara's involvement with the Kyubi and the fallout of the event.

Also, maybe Itachi's gift had something to do with Naruto using the Sage's sealing technique.

TsukiMirage
18th June 2010, 5:30 AM
It's understandable. The Nine Tails is pure evil and has more power and chakra then anything else so more then one person trying to control it makes more sense then just one in my opinion. But Naruto only has to deal with half of that, Unlike what Madara, Hashirama, And Minato had to handle. If Naruto's suppose to be on their level, He should have been at least able to handle what they did.

Also, maybe Itachi's gift had something to do with Naruto using the Sage's sealing technique. I don't think Itachi's gift had anything to do with the sealing. Itachi implied that he didn't really want Naruto to use it unless there was no choice, Which he would have no reason to do if it as beneficial.

HoennMaster
18th June 2010, 5:57 AM
But Naruto only has to deal with half of that, Unlike what Madara, Hashirama, And Minato had to handle. If Naruto's suppose to be on their level, He should have been at least able to handle what they did.

Madara and Hashirama had special "abilities", Naruto was just told to pull the chakra out. Minato did the same though, so you can really only compare it to that.

Shadow Lucario
18th June 2010, 7:05 AM
Madara and Hashirama had special "abilities", Naruto was just told to pull the chakra out. Minato did the same though, so you can really only compare it to that.

Well Minato had to perform multiple sealing Jutsus at the same time while Naruto just did Rasengan and RasenShuriken. Naruto got the easiest job out of everyone who had to deal with the Kyuubi

TsukiMirage
18th June 2010, 7:28 AM
Madara and Hashirama had special "abilities", Naruto was just told to pull the chakra out. Minato did the same though, so you can really only compare it to that. Their special abilities don't matter. It's not as if Naruto is physically fighting the Kyuubi. It's all mental. So there's no reason he shouldn't be able to handle it solo like they did. After all, Both him and Sasuke are being toted as their superiors.

Locormus
18th June 2010, 5:09 PM
I believe last week she said she sealed part of herself in Minato's seal.

Which leaves us a big plothole if you ask me, unless it is explained without retconning the previous chapter.

Kushina was the Kyuubi jinchuriki
Kyuubi attacks Konoha -> Kushina must've died for this to happen: when a bijuu takes over the host, the host dies.
Kushina seals part of herself in the seal that Minato uses to seal the unleashed Kyuubi.

How can she seal part of herself when she is already dead? That cannot be done, and therefore we have a plothole, unless fully explained in detail in the next chapter.

Maybe, lol, Kushina was in cahoots with Madara and did have control over the Kyuubi! Madara ordered her to attack the leaf in Foxform (just as Bee can change into the Octobull). But then she found out that Madara was a bad guy, and gave the last bit of her chakra to expurge the Kyuubi from her body along with her chakra into her son with Minato's seal and afterwards she died because of Kyuubi extraction...

THIS IS COMPLETELY LOGICAL! I strongly suggest for Kishi to take this suggestion! :D

uber gon
18th June 2010, 5:09 PM
Wonder what Kushina looked like as a Jinchurikki?

SharpedoX
18th June 2010, 8:10 PM
Wonder what Kushina looked like as a Jinchurikki?

You mean, if she had a pair of whiskers? :D

TsukiMirage
18th June 2010, 8:46 PM
I just want to know how Kishi is gonna explain the time between the Kyuubi attack and Naruto being born.

Torpoleon
19th June 2010, 2:17 AM
I believe that they are skipping next Thursday, making us get Chapter 500 on Jul. 1, 2010. I read something kind of like that when I finished Chapter 499 on onemanga. I don't know. It would make sense to skip a week just to hold suspense. Since is is Chapter 500 and it seems interesting, judging from the end of Chapter 499.

HoennMaster
19th June 2010, 7:26 AM
Their special abilities don't matter. It's not as if Naruto is physically fighting the Kyuubi. It's all mental. So there's no reason he shouldn't be able to handle it solo like they did. After all, Both him and Sasuke are being toted as their superiors.

We all know Naruto's not nearly at the same mental level as his father, Jiraiya, and Madara. And yeah they do matter. Hashirama controlled the Kyubi via his Wood jutsu and Madara via the Sharingan.

uber gon
19th June 2010, 7:26 AM
You mean, if she had a pair of whiskers? :D

Maybe some REALLY flowing locks and cute little fangs. Wonder what sex with a Jinchurikki is like?

Shadow Lucario
19th June 2010, 9:49 AM
Madara via the Sharingan.

And now Sasuke possesses the same requirements to do so. Does this mean while Naruto is manipulating the Kyuubi Sasuke will be able to control him?

7 tyranitars
19th June 2010, 11:22 AM
hmm I hope it will be a double paged chapter

and about kushina would be fun is she had whiskers xd

TsukiMirage
19th June 2010, 8:19 PM
We all know Naruto's not nearly at the same mental level as his father, Jiraiya, and Madara. And yeah they do matter. Hashirama controlled the Kyubi via his Wood jutsu and Madara via the Sharingan. Apparently Kishi didn't get that memo, Because that's basically what Kishi has been telling us since the wind training. Anyway, Special abilities don't matter when it comes to a Jinchuuriki. That's the point of a Jinchuuriki, Making a person who can control a Bijuu without any special abilities. Otherwise it would be pointless to make a Jinchuuriki since none would ever have mokuton, The only physical ability able to control the Bijuus. Kirabi and Yagura show this. So there's no reason Naruto should need anything extra in talking control of the Kyuubi, Especially when he's only confronting half of the real Kyuubi.

And now Sasuke possesses the same requirements to do so. Does this mean while Naruto is manipulating the Kyuubi Sasuke will be able to control him? Technically Sasuke could take control of anyone. But concerning Naruto using the Kyuubi, No Sasuke should only be able to suppress the Kyuubi's chakra, Not take control of it.

Shadow Lucario
20th June 2010, 4:40 AM
Technically Sasuke could take control of anyone. But concerning Naruto using the Kyuubi, No Sasuke should only be able to suppress the Kyuubi's chakra, Not take control of it.

Thing is he did that before he had the Mangekyou Sharingan and when he confronted Itachi he said the Mangekyou Sharingan could control the Kyuubi. So in theory Sasuke would be able to control Naruto without really needing to exert that much Chakra. :/

TsukiMirage
20th June 2010, 5:09 AM
That was the case before, But now that the Kyuubi's mind has been separated from the chakra that Naruto will use, There's nothing of the Kyuubi to take control of. Sasuke may be able to suppress the Kyuubi's chakra, But he shouldn't be able to control it.

Shadow Lucario
20th June 2010, 5:12 AM
Well this should be a fun fight. Still have no idea how Kishi will combine Sasuke and Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingans.

TsukiMirage
20th June 2010, 5:41 AM
I seen some interesting designs, But I can't really say I like any of them all that great. I suppose once I see the actual design it'll probably grow on me like his MS did.

7 tyranitars
24th June 2010, 6:48 PM
first I thought about the MS of sasuke what a weird thing >.> but you get used to it sure gonna happen to his ems too would love to see it tho :)

anyway only 1 more week till 500!

uber gon
25th June 2010, 12:54 AM
Wonder if Naruto's control of the Kyubi will change him physically?

TsukiMirage
25th June 2010, 3:54 AM
I doubt there will be any physical change. Not only would Kishi have to factor any changes into Naruto's Sage Mode appearance, It would probably aid more work onto drawing Naruto.

Kamex
27th June 2010, 8:26 AM
I just want to know how Kishi is gonna explain the time between the Kyuubi attack and Naruto being born.
I would guess Naruto was born shortly before the Kyuubi attack.

TsukiMirage
27th June 2010, 11:08 AM
But it's gonna take a real good explanation as to why Kushina was never connected to the Kyuubi before, Considering that if she went Kyuubi moments after birth, It should have been witnessed and pretty much have eliminated the theory of the Kyuubi being summoned by the Uchiha clan. Not to mention where the newborn Naruto was being kept when she transformed.

7 tyranitars
27th June 2010, 11:21 AM
well atleast the waiting is almost over :D
I think last chapter raised more question then it answered :P

sizida
27th June 2010, 6:09 PM
why, why! i don't believe the story is going downhill! i have caught with the original version (jap) by a person reviewing it with all the details. i...love young naruto story the best, now is too much emo.

19Byakuya19
27th June 2010, 9:03 PM
Naruto needs to learn more jutsus...

it;s getting really lame with the same old Rasengan week in week out.... and the Shadow clones thats about the only 2 attacks he knows. Giving him Sage mode was good but he needs more jutsu's... He has wind element chakra why not properly utilize it?? we've seen him using blades and trying to sharpen them further with his chakra.. why not build on it and give him proper chakra blades or some sort of weapon that can utilize his wind element ???.

No wonder people like Yamato are ending up having to bail out naruto. Well it's not narutos fault he only knows Rasengan, Kage Bushin, Sennin Mode, Fuuton Rasen Shuriken/ Oodama Rasengan..

Wow such a great choices... Compared to sasuke id say naruto hasn't had half the development ( training wise) then sasuke has.

Hopefully he trains properly and learns something decent and new for a change im getting sick of the Rasengans soooooo badly overused. 5

HoennMaster
28th June 2010, 7:40 AM
But it's gonna take a real good explanation as to why Kushina was never connected to the Kyuubi before

What exactly do you mean?

TsukiMirage
28th June 2010, 7:54 AM
The whole incident with the Uchihas started because the Elders believed that they summoned the Kyuubi to attack Konoha. But if Konoha knew that Kushina was the Jinchuuriki, Then a more likely explanation would have been her merely losing control, Which wouldn't have involved the Uchiha clan. Not to mention all the people helping her give birth should have noticed such a transformation. Unless she killed them all, Which then would bring up the question of how her newborn baby was able to survive, Since in most situations the baby is kept close to the mother.

HoennMaster
28th June 2010, 8:39 AM
Aww now I get it. Yeah it's going to be interesting. Itachi and Minato flat out said Madara was behind it so hopefully Kishi doesn't forget to explain it.

Shadow Lucario
28th June 2010, 3:55 PM
Perhaps Madara is secretly a doctor and helped Kushina give birth but after the birth he drew out the Kyuubi. :o Ok all jokes aside maybe Madara induced the transformation. That or he really isn't a liar. Kishi better have a really good chapter this week. He's had a week off. Can't say the same about Kubo -_-

Torpoleon
28th June 2010, 4:05 PM
I'm sure that there is a good explanation. It would make sense for Madara to be involved of course. I'd say that the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox was probably let loose when Kushina was giving birth to Naruto. I don't know. It should happen at that particular instant since when a beast is extracted, the host is dead. Prior to Chapter 499, I always thought it was where Kushina gave birth to Naruto and died while she was fighting to protect the village. But now, it is probably the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox must have came out because of Madara when Kushina gave birth to Naruto and as a result of such, the whole incident unfolded.

Only three more days, right?

I'd say it is interesting we learn this big information in Chapter 500 and we had to wait an extra week.

Lucario At Service
30th June 2010, 5:31 PM
Spoilers for ch 500 is out, here is a summary of the spoiler text which have been released till now (since the spoiler is coming out in titbit's, i am combining it in one complete summary). Also a few of the things which is described in the spoiler might change in the actually chapter (like we have seen before),

The story seems to start with Kushina telling Naruto that she was the Kyuubi's Jinchuuriki. Upon Naruto's question on why she was chosen as the Jinchuuriki who was from another clan & country, she said that Konoha & the Whirlpool village had a very good relationship from a very long time with many people getting married from each village. She also said that the people of the Whirlpool Clan where related to the Senju's as well.

As for the reason why she was chosen is because, the Whirlpool Clan were the best in the shinobi world at using Sealing Jutsu's which was feared by many people (which is also the reason why many people have tried to destroy the clan).

The other reason why Kushina was chosen is because the 1st Kyuubi Jinchuuriki was the First Hokage's Wife & she was also from the Whirlpool Clan (Kushina was the 2nd Jinchuuriki of Kyuubi & Naruto is the 3rd) and her name was "Mito Uzumaki". And both Mito & Kushina had special property in there chakra which helped them keep the Kyuubi in check (so she was automatically chosen as the next Jinchuuriki ahter the death of the Mito & was the reason why she was brought to the Konoha village). Also it was determined that Kushina would be married to the Hokage as a custom followed from the First Hokage's wife (i am not completely sure about this line, was it Kushina's wish to marry a Hokage or was it a custom of her Clan).

Also it was stated that the Seal & the Jutsu which Minato used to seal the Kyuubi in Naruto was actually thought to him by Kushina herself.

According to her, because of people of other village's tried to kill there clan, the few remaining people of the Whirlpool Clan are presently living in hiding.

As for the part of the day 16 years ago, the story goes as this. Kushina was taken to a secret area during her childbirth time since info about her & her pregnancy was kept a secret. The people who accompanied her was a group of ANBU and a few other women, one of who was Mikoto Uchiha who was Kushina's friend.

Mikoto went to meet Kushina along with her son "Sasuke" who was a few months old. After Naruto's birth, for some reason Kushina's Seal of the Kyuubi became weak, Minato arrived to repair the Seal. During that moment, a ANBU with a different mask, took Naruto and left from that place stating to himself that "if he didn't take him away from there, Naruto would be turned into a Jinchuuriki after her mother". It is stated that from the way that ANBU was using his Jutsu's, its implied that the ANBU might actually be Madara.

HoennMaster
30th June 2010, 7:53 PM
Wait? So if I reading this right....then Naruto is distantly related to the 1st, 2nd, and 5th Hokages too? Oh boy this story is getting stranger by the week.

Well that explains how the Nine Tails got out, but that still leaves Madara's part shady.

Lucario At Service
30th June 2010, 8:33 PM
but that still leaves Madara's part shady.
Yes you are right. According to some more info, based on Kushina's account of that incident,
she says that Madara was the one who attacked the village that night, but he wasn't able to use the Kyuubi until the last moment because it was under Kushina's control.

What surprised Kushina more was that Madara seems to know the only ocassion when the seal of the Kyuubi on her would be weakend and he was waiting for that chance to appear and that is during a "child birth". Based on what she said "during the 10 months of pregnancy (from the conception to the delivery), the energy of the seal shifts to the baby and in proportion to that, the seal itself gets weakend".

So, from what i have understood it seems that Madara took Naruto away from there after his birth so that when the seal gets weakened because of the said condition and the Kyuubi is freed from its seal Minato won't be able to reseal the Kyuubi again in Naruto (since he would be the best choice at that moment of emergency to become the Jinchuuriki other than anyone else), and then he would be able to take control over & use the Kyuubi again.

The reason must be because if the Kyuubi gets sealed inside Naruto (which happened eventually) Madara would not be able to free the Kyuubi from it as easily as it was in the case of Kushina because the said ocassion would not occur in Naruto's case.

This also explains why Minato had to fight Madara that night & why he was so late to arrive in order to fight the Kyuubi. He must have chased after Madara to get Naruto back. And during that moment the Kyuubi must have managed to escape from Kushina & go berserk. Minato fought Madara & must have somehow managed to get Naruto back but when he came back he must have been late to save Kushina, so both of them (Kushina must have been barely alive at that moment whether inside of Kyuubi or outside is still a question) using there chakra sealed the Kyuubi in Naruto.

But this still doesn't explain why Madara attacked the village. Was it to take revenge on the leaf or was it to get back his most powerful weapon or was he there for some other reason altogether & the whole incident which happened was actually an acident as Madara said himself.

TsukiMirage
30th June 2010, 8:59 PM
Well we know that Madara had plans for the Bijuu, So perhaps he was merely after the Kyuubi and decided it wouldn't be all that bad to do some damage in the process.

Lucille
30th June 2010, 11:51 PM
i finally decided to read Naruto and its ALOT better then Bleach. actual character devolpment? no freaking way. Naruto does need to learn some new attacks though.

TsukiMirage
1st July 2010, 8:48 AM
Interesting chapter, Though I think it could have been done better. So unsurprisingly, Naruto was given a blood connection to the Senju clan and thus to both the Uchiha clan and Rikudou Sage. With the revelation of Hashirama's wife being the first Kyuubi Jinchuuriki and Kushina being made into the second, . Also, The funny thing is that the Kyuubi's attack was more of the fault of Minato and Kushina then Madara's. If Kushina hadn't had Naruto, Then the events with Madara and the Uchiha massacre wouldn't have had to happen. I have to say I dislike how Kishi is going through so many lengths to tie Sasuke and Naruto together. Anyway, I'm surprise this flashback is gonna be longer then one chapter. Well I guess we need the info.

Torpoleon
1st July 2010, 5:02 PM
That was one interesting chapter. It is cool to know that Naruto & Sasuke's moms were both friends. They shouldn't have sealed the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox inside of Kushina in the first place. Minato would have been a better choice or at least having more people keep guard on Kushina. Madara's mask does look different. It looks similar to the one from the time when Madara first met Itachi.

We also know that it is Madara behind the mask because Madara said it when he was alone in one of the chapters.

Before we found out that Kushina was the Nine-Tails Jinchuriki before Naruto and Mito Uzumaki before Kushina, I always thought it was where the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox never had a Jinchuriki and was taken over by Madara Uchiha that fateful day. Kushina would give birth to Naruto and go out to fight the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox, but would die and then Minato would seal the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox inside of Naruto. Now I know the truth.

HoennMaster
1st July 2010, 8:12 PM
This was a good chapter but it's still sad knowing that both Minato and Kushina are going to die.

I had to laugh that Naruto and Sasuke's mothers were friend.

Look at Sasuke, so cute.......and he ends up being a cold blooded....well I don't want to say killer.

So the 3rd Hokage lost his wife that night too. Very sad.

They shouldn't have sealed the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox inside of Kushina in the first place. Minato would have been a better choice

It was clear why they chose her. Because of her sealing abilities.

Also, The funny thing is that the Kyuubi's attack was more of the fault of Minato and Kushina then Madara's. If Kushina hadn't had Naruto, Then the events with Madara and the Uchiha massacre wouldn't have had to happen.

Yes, how dare they have a baby. :P The massacre probably would have still happened. The Uchiha's were resentful of the village since at least the time of the Second Hokage.

Lucario At Service
1st July 2010, 8:37 PM
@ Torpoleon: The main reason Kushina was chosen to become 2nd Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi was similar to Mito, she had the special chakra that was able to surpress the Kyuubi easily.

Also unlike the other villages which tried to use there Bijuu's as a weapon to be used against other countries. The Elite of Konoha only decided to seal the Kyuubi as a safe keeping so that no other country is able to get it in there hand (& especially people of the Uchiha clan if they ever betrayed Konoha like Madara did).

As for Minato being a better candidate than Kushina, i don't think that would be good idea.

Lets take the example of the Sand & the Cloud Village to explain this more. In the case of Sand, Gaara was the 3rd Jinchuuriki of the Sand. In an effort to make Gaara more compatible with the One-Tails power, the people of the Sand inserted the Bijuu inside Gaara even before he was born. The reason for this was to make Gaara the ultimate weapon for the village. But the experiment failed (until Naruto changed Gaara). As for the previous Jichuuriki's of the 1-Tail, it can be said that none of them were properly able to control the beast easily (& is the reason why the Sand conducted the experiment in the first place).
In the case of the Cloud, before Bee became the Jinchuuriki for the 8-Tails, there were many other Jinchuuriki's for it but none were able to control the 8-tails power & would lose to it eventually.

Now comes the Konoha, the first ever Jinchuuriki for the 9-Tails was an Uzumaki with a special chakra who was able to control the beast for almost there entire life-span without any problem which the "Cloud" faced except for the only one special occasion. Also, in comparison to the other countries, none of Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi was trained in controling the Kyuubi inside themselves for combat purpose. Both Mito & Kushina were actually only treated as the container for the Kyuubi, thats all.

So, it is kind of obvious why Kushina was chosen. Why would the Elite of Konoha chose a person whose possibility of controling the Kyuubi is not known in comparision to a person whose ability to control the beast is proven by how the previous Jinchuuriki lived his life without any major problem. As for the problem during child-birth, well thats why the info of the Kyuubi was kept a secret in the village so that no one found out about that week period.

Also from how Yamato commented on Naruto's ability to withstand the Kyuubi's Evil chakra during the fight against Orochimaru. It is clear now that Naruto was able do it because of his mothers special chakra which helped him withstand the evilness of the Kyuubi in the first place.

TsukiMirage
2nd July 2010, 12:05 AM
Before we found out that Kushina was the Nine-Tails Jinchuriki before Naruto and Mito Uzumaki before Kushina, I always thought it was where the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox never had a Jinchuriki and was taken over by Madara Uchiha that fateful day. Kushina would give birth to Naruto and go out to fight the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox, but would die and then Minato would seal the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox inside of Naruto. Now I know the truth. Yeah, That's what I always assumed too, That Naruto was the first ever Kyuubi jinchuuriki since others made such a deal about him being able to handle it. But now with the revelation that Konoha had it since the Madara's lost, I really want to see the reason the Kyuubi being summoned was connected to the Uchiha clan.

Yes, how dare they have a baby. :P The massacre probably would have still happened. The Uchiha's were resentful of the village since at least the time of the Second Hokage. Well, If she's willing to sacrifice herself to become a Jinchuuriki, She should have been willing to not have a child in order to make sure the seal never weaken. It's not like the seal weakening was a surprise. Anyway, While some of the Uchihas were resentful, It wasn't til after the Kyuubi attack that Konoha began to resent them and the whole clan began to plot their coup. So no Kyuubi attack, No reason for the village to distrust them even more, No reason for the Uchihas to plan a coup, No massacre.

HoennMaster
2nd July 2010, 5:54 AM
Well, If she's willing to sacrifice herself to become a Jinchuuriki, She should have been willing to not have a child in order to make sure the seal never weaken. It's not like the seal weakening was a surprise. Anyway, While some of the Uchihas were resentful, It wasn't til after the Kyuubi attack that Konoha began to resent them and the whole clan began to plot their coup. So no Kyuubi attack, No reason for the village to distrust them even more, No reason for the Uchihas to plan a coup, No massacre.

Why are you such a downer? Seriosuly, you act like you don't have any funny bone in your body. And you don't know that at all. Whose to say that the resentment and massacre wouldn't have just happened furthger down the line. We don't know. And it's not really their fault at all. They did all the right things, they were dealing with someone dangerous.

Elite Four Muadita
2nd July 2010, 6:33 AM
While the chapter was interesting, as we now know how everything happened 16 years ago, but to be honest i was expecting a whole lot more for the 500th chapter of a series :/ but thats just me.

Torpoleon
2nd July 2010, 1:33 PM
While the chapter was interesting, as we now know how everything happened 16 years ago, but to be honest i was expecting a whole lot more for the 500th chapter of a series :/ but thats just me.
They can't cram everything into one chapter. We did find out some interesting things. We'll know more in Chapter 501.

Azn4life
2nd July 2010, 2:12 PM
This might be off the topic of death and massacres, but is Madara's mask different 16 years ago? Guess it must be the new fashion.

Blaziryu
2nd July 2010, 2:26 PM
First of all, I would like to congratulate "Naruto" for reaching its 500th chapter. The chapter was interesting indeed. We learn about Naruto's ancestry, the identities of the 1st & the Hokages wives, & the what actually happen on the day of Naruto's birth. Since the energy of the seal was nurturing Naruto while he was still in Kushina's womb, it makes sense on why he was perfect for being the jinchuriki for the Kyuubi.

lucky_u
2nd July 2010, 4:32 PM
Something bothers me. Naruto already have his whiskers when he is born, even before the Kyuubi is sealed inside him. I hope it is a glitch or there's a good explanation to it.

TsukiMirage
2nd July 2010, 4:48 PM
Why are you such a downer? Seriosuly, you act like you don't have any funny bone in your body. And you don't know that at all. Whose to say that the resentment and massacre wouldn't have just happened furthger down the line. We don't know. And it's not really their fault at all. They did all the right things, they were dealing with someone dangerous. ... I'm sorry? I didn't realize someone would take my post so hard. I wasn't really blaming her, merely stating a precaution could have been taken. A child isn't a requirement for a couple to be happy. A couple can be just as happy without one. Both Minato and Kushina had a duty beyond the norm, And Kushina had already gave herself up for one sacrifice.

Anyway, The resentment between Konoha and the Uchihas didn't start until the Kyuubi attack. This was the trigger. Without that attack, Neither side would have had reason to hate the other, Thus no need for the massacre. That's especially clear seeing as Sasuke was named after a Senju.

Lucario At Service
2nd July 2010, 7:21 PM
Something bothers me. Naruto already have his whiskers when he is born, even before the Kyuubi is sealed inside him. I hope it is a glitch or there's a good explanation to it.
It is presently speculated that Naruto had those whiskers because he was born in the presences of the Kyuubi (meaning, Kyuubi's chakra was effecting it while he was developing inside Kushina).
This theory would only be proven correct if the children of the First Hokage also had some kind of marks on them which is similar to the Kyuubi (we presently only know about there grand-children and Tsunade doesn't have it nor did her brother had it, but this can happen since they didn't have the direct effect of the Kyuubi on them).

7 tyranitars
2nd July 2010, 10:41 PM
This might be off the topic of death and massacres, but is Madara's mask different 16 years ago? Guess it must be the new fashion.

I guese so but, madara also had that mask while he asisted itachi in slaughtering his clan.

Kamex
3rd July 2010, 12:24 AM
I have to say I dislike how Kishi is going through so many lengths to tie Sasuke and Naruto together.
I agree. Ever since the flashbacks during their battle at the Valley of the End up until this revelation that their mothers were friends, it seems really cheap that he has to force such a thing down our throats, especially since it doesn't fit too well with their relationship towards the beginning of the series IMO.

I'm pretty sure it was the same mask he wore when he confronted Itachi before the Uchiha massacre (which also leads me to assume he'll have long spiky hair if/when he takes off his hood in the next chapter).

That bothers me too. What also bothers me almost as much is the fact that Kushina never had her own set of whiskers (nor did her jinchuuriki predecessor, apparently).

That's especially clear seeing as Sasuke was named after a Senju.
Hm? I didn't realize the Sarutobi family extended from the Senju clan.

Anyway, great chapter! I still think Madara is a perfect ultimate villain for this series.

TsukiMirage
3rd July 2010, 3:11 AM
It is presently speculated that Naruto had those whiskers because he was born in the presences of the Kyuubi (meaning, Kyuubi's chakra was effecting it while he was developing inside Kushina).
This theory would only be proven correct if the children of the First Hokage also had some kind of marks on them which is similar to the Kyuubi (we presently only know about there grand-children and Tsunade doesn't have it nor did her brother had it, but this can happen since they didn't have the direct effect of the Kyuubi on them). Kushina more or less confirmed this. Her seal weaken because all it's energy was going to Naruto, Meaning Naruto was being effected by the Kyuubi before he was even borned.

Azn4life
3rd July 2010, 3:00 PM
I guese so but, madara also had that mask while he asisted itachi in slaughtering his clan.

I'm just wondering why it looked a little different from the mask he wears today. I guess he enjoys switching his wardrobe up once in a while.

Shadow Lucario
3rd July 2010, 5:51 PM
I agree. Ever since the flashbacks during their battle at the Valley of the End up until this revelation that their mothers were friends, it seems really cheap that he has to force such a thing down our throats, especially since it doesn't fit too well with their relationship towards the beginning of the series IMO.

I don't really mind the connection, but it's also funny because they kissed XD So technically Naruto kissed his cousin, sorta.

uber gon
3rd July 2010, 7:02 PM
I KNEW some plot twist would reveal that Naruto was related to the Senju clan somehow.

HoennMaster
3rd July 2010, 7:37 PM
It's kind of weird now. The 3rd is the Hokage Naruto is not related to now. Granted 1st, 2nd, and 5th are distant but still!

7 tyranitars
3rd July 2010, 10:02 PM
I think all of us expected that to happen uber gon, I expected it to happen through is mom what eventualy was proven :P

TsukiMirage
3rd July 2010, 11:28 PM
It's kind of weird now. The 3rd is the Hokage Naruto is not related to now. Granted 1st, 2nd, and 5th are distant but still! Considering the likelihood of Sarutobi also being part of the Senju clan judging from his age, Naruto could be distantly related to him too.

uber gon
4th July 2010, 12:05 AM
Wonder if Naruto will get some Senju clan related jutsu or training?

Also I wonder if ALL the bad things that happened in the series were caused by Madara in some way, shape, or form?

HoennMaster
4th July 2010, 7:20 AM
Who knows, the Nine Tails attack, he was a Mizukage, so I say it's a possibility.

TsukiMirage
4th July 2010, 8:09 AM

Also I wonder if ALL the bad things that happened in the series were caused by Madara in some way, shape, or form? With this revelation about his clan's sealing ability, I honestly see this taking the same road as Avatar did, With the sealing of a person's abilities to stop them.

That's the way it looks to be shaping up to be. So far Madara has had a hand , Especially in Part 2, In nearly every event that has happen.

HoennMaster
4th July 2010, 8:37 AM
Actually, Avatar ending with the abilities be removed altogether, but I believe you meant that. It would be an interesting way, but aren't Madara's abilities what makes him live so long? So wouldn't he die if that happened?

TsukiMirage
4th July 2010, 9:07 AM
Yeah, That's what I meant. I would think that it would just turn Madara into a normal person, though It would depend on how his ability has let him live so long.

7 tyranitars
4th July 2010, 10:40 AM
if he is gonna seal away someons abilities he is gonna seal away sasuke his abilities

ryodragonite
4th July 2010, 5:17 PM
Considering the likelihood of Sarutobi also being part of the Senju clan judging from his age, Naruto could be distantly related to him too.

So Narutos related to all of the Hokages. Doesnt that mean hes like Konohamarus cousin or something? For some reason I thought the guy with the mask was Kabuto. Then I remembered hes only like five.

7 tyranitars
4th July 2010, 9:00 PM
how is naruto related to the 3rd...? :S

TsukiMirage
4th July 2010, 10:46 PM
Sarutobi was likely a member of the Senju clan, Considering how old he was when the village was formed and by the fact that during his rule of Konoha, The Uchihas began to grow tired of Konoha being in the hands of the Senju. So yeah, Konohamaru could be distantly related to Naruto, Probably like how Sasuke is related somewhat.

HoennMaster
5th July 2010, 1:46 AM
We can really say Naruto and Konohamaru's relationship since we don't know how he would "connect". We don't even know his exact relationships to Hashirama, Tobirama, and Tsunade either since we don't know Naruto's exact relationship with Mito Uzumaki.

eleas39
5th July 2010, 4:25 AM
Is there anybody who knows how is naruto related to the 3rd?

TsukiMirage
5th July 2010, 5:48 AM
We can really say Naruto and Konohamaru's relationship since we don't know how he would "connect". We don't even know his exact relationships to Hashirama, Tobirama, and Tsunade either since we don't know Naruto's exact relationship with Mito Uzumaki. True, All we know is that there may be some connection there. It'll probably be similar to the way Sasuke and Tsunade are related, Merely be having the same ancestor.

Is there anybody who knows how is naruto related to the 3rd? We don't know the exact way they are related, Only that they may be.

uber gon
5th July 2010, 8:11 AM
Actually, Avatar ending with the abilities be removed altogether, but I believe you meant that. It would be an interesting way, but aren't Madara's abilities what makes him live so long? So wouldn't he die if that happened?

He'd probably commit seppuku if he lived from getting his abilities taken away.

lucky_u
5th July 2010, 5:08 PM
I KNEW some plot twist would reveal that Naruto was related to the Senju clan somehow.
I thought it was revealed earlier Naruto is related to Senju clan.

I don't really mind the connection, but it's also funny because they kissed XD So technically Naruto kissed his cousin, sorta.
They are not blood-related isn't?

Kushina more or less confirmed this. Her seal weaken because all it's energy was going to Naruto, Meaning Naruto was being effected by the Kyuubi before he was even borned.
Energy of Kushina's, not Kyuubi's. It still doesn't explain how Naruto get the whiskers, though it's manga, so just ignore that part.

Also I wonder if ALL the bad things that happened in the series were caused by Madara in some way, shape, or form?
I thought Naruto can make a thousand hands by himself, why would he need Senju jutsu? (If you don't get it, I'm so sorry :D)

It's like accusing Orochimaru is the only person who use Kinjutsu.

Shadow Lucario
5th July 2010, 7:19 PM
They are not blood-related isn't?

The Uzumaki ancestor and the Uchiha ancestor were brothers so they're actually distant cousins.

uber gon
5th July 2010, 8:57 PM
I thought Naruto can make a thousand hands by himself, why would he need Senju jutsu? (If you don't get it, I'm so sorry :D)

It's like accusing Orochimaru is the only person who use Kinjutsu.

Meh I just think it would be nice if Naruto had some ability that was connected to either the 1st or 2nd Hokage. That, and maybe some clarification on the problems between the Senju and Uchiha clans.

arceus7
5th July 2010, 10:05 PM
why would madara commit senpukku?? he doesn't have a friend to cut of his head!

uber gon
6th July 2010, 5:23 AM
why would madara commit senpukku?? he doesn't have a friend to cut of his head!

A shadow clone, maybe? All I know is if he did get his powers taken away he'll probably want to kill himself.

TsukiMirage
6th July 2010, 9:24 AM
Ha, Madara won't need to kill himself. For his hand in the Uchiha Massacre, Sasuke would gladly do it for him.

TsukiMirage
6th July 2010, 9:25 AM
Ha, Madara won't need to kill himself. For his hand in the Uchiha Massacre, Sasuke would gladly do it for him.

uber gon
6th July 2010, 6:09 PM

I kinda doubt Sasuke would get that cocky. Danzo is one thing, Madara is another.

ryodragonite
6th July 2010, 6:30 PM
I kinda doubt Sasuke would get that cocky. Danzo is one thing, Madara is another.

I would think so. He's very cocky considering everything he has done since he went to oorochimaru. I think he thinks he stronger than everone right now.

Elite Four Muadita
6th July 2010, 9:18 PM
especially now since he has eternal mangekyou as well.

7 tyranitars
6th July 2010, 10:58 PM
yeah that what get the bigest boost because of the EMS is his ego :P

TsukiMirage
7th July 2010, 3:52 AM
Sasuke has always planned to kill Madara. It's merely at the time Sasuke didn't know how Madara's technique worked, Thus couldn't actually hit him. Either when Sasuke learns how it works or when Madara becomes weak enough, Sasuke's gonna take him out because that's just how Sasuke is.

uber gon
7th July 2010, 6:01 AM
Sasuke has always planned to kill Madara. It's merely at the time Sasuke didn't know how Madara's technique worked, Thus couldn't actually hit him. Either when Sasuke learns how it works or when Madara becomes weak enough, Sasuke's gonna take him out because that's just how Sasuke is.

5 bucks Sasuke kills Madara just when Naruto beats him, bonds with the Jyubi, and sets up some Dark Reign arc that is used for the premise of Kishi's next manga.

HoennMaster
7th July 2010, 6:45 AM
So after all of the information revealed last week I'm sort of mixed up. First off, was Naruto's father's identity hidden because they didn't want Minato's image tarnished? Was his mother's identity ever hidden, or just the birth?

Swampert_trainer
7th July 2010, 8:34 AM

Also I wonder if ALL the bad things that happened in the series were caused by Madara in some way, shape, or form?So you're hoping that Madara will take a page from Aizen's playbook? ;)

I like the fact that Naruto's mom and Sasuke's mom were friends, but chapter 500 kind of suggests that Sasuke's mom should have known who Naruto was all those years. Kushina told Mikoto what she planned on naming her son and since the two were friends it's safe to assume that Mikoto knew Kushina's last name was Uzumaki. I find it kind of odd that Mikoto never took the time to check up on her friends orphan son. Chapter 500 kind of suggests that Naruto and Sasuke should have been friends since birth.

7 tyranitars
7th July 2010, 11:25 AM
that makes me imagine what would have happened if madara never done that...

Lucario At Service
7th July 2010, 12:04 PM
Some spoiler seems to be out for ch 501, but none of it is confirmed yet. Here is the translated text of it,

Minato grabs Naruto back and send him back him home instantly by using Hiraishin.

Madara extracts the Kyuubi out and Kushina dies.

The 9 tails go crazy

Everyone's looking at Kyuubi and Minato is standing on a tree carrying Kushina. He sends Kushina back to his house and wears the Hokage shirt and goes out.

Special Moment: Itachi is carrying baby Sasuke, looking at the moon and felt strange.

uber gon
7th July 2010, 5:53 PM
So you're hoping that Madara will take a page from Aizen's playbook? ;)

More like Master Xehanort in the Kingdom Hearts series.

7 tyranitars
7th July 2010, 6:39 PM
July 7th, 2010 Thanks to Agony of Naruto Fan for Naruto 501 English spoilers and Ohana for naruto 501 raw chapter.
here is naruto 501 confirmed spoiler

Naruto Chapter 501: Attack of the 9tails!!

Simply put, Minato is just so cool.
Baby Sasuke and baby Naruto are shown.
Madara is terrible! Madara put an explosive tag on Baby Naruto and tossed him away.

Minato grabs naruto back and send him back him home instantly by using hiraishin.
madara extracts the kyuubi out and kushina dies.
The 9 tails go crazy
evryone’s looking at kyuubi and minato is standing on a tree carrying kushina.he sends kushina back to his house and wears the hokage shirt and goes out.
in the last panel
itachis carrying sasuke with a piggyback beltlooking at the moon and felt strange.

tobis face hasn’t disclosed yet but the sharingan is seen on the right side of the mask

501 spoiler

Lucario At Service
7th July 2010, 7:18 PM
There are a few more spoiler of ch 501 out, here is a summary of that (it isn't stated as confirmed yet but the source of this spoiler is the one who has given confirmed spoilers till now),
The masked man tries to stab Naruto with a Kunai but Minato using his hiraishin and takes Naruto away from him but notices that there are explosive tags stuck to the towel Naruto is warped in (seems like the masked man put the tags on Naruto on purpose). Minato again had to use his hiraishin to take Naruto away from Madara to a safe place but in doing so he had to leave Kushina alone.

The masked man then takes Kushina to some place and tie her up in some sealing formula. Upon Kushina's questioning, the man tells her that he plans to use the Kyuubi to destroy Konoha. Then he uses his Sharingan to put Kushina in a genjustu, the Kyuubi senses the masked man chakra but losses its control to the Sharingan before it could do anything. The masked man is then successful in extracting the Kyuubi from her, but because of her Uzumaki clans blood (because of which they had a long lifespan) she is able to survive the extraction, but is left completely weakened & in a near death situation.

Kushina tries to stop the man, but couldn't do a thing. The man than tries to kill Kushina using the Kyuubi but Minato appears right at that time & saves her. He then takes her to the place where baby Naruto is kept & places her beside him. Then Minato prepares himself to go & fight the masked man & the Kyuubi.

Meanwhile, Itachi has a bad feeling about something & senses that something bad is going to happen soon (he is shown holding baby Sasuke at this moment).

Note:- Some points of the spoiler might be different from how the original chapter is.

HoennMaster
7th July 2010, 8:02 PM
So she survived the extraction temporarily. Naruto's birth is getting sadder by the moment.

ryodragonite
7th July 2010, 8:15 PM
So the masked man is Madara! Aw I was hoping for someone more different oh well. Poor Naruto he has just been born and almost got killed the second he got out.

Lucario At Service
7th July 2010, 8:49 PM
So the masked man is Madara! Aw I was hoping for someone more different oh well.
Until now, it was believed that the masked man might have been Madara. But with how the recent flashbacks are going on, the theory of the Masked Man being Madara is getting a bit more confusing.
Presently it is not known who the real person is behind the mask (that is also why i have pointed him out as the masked man in the post i made above instead of telling directly that it is Madara).

The main reason for this is that the masked man seems to know things that only a person related to the Uzumaki clan might know, i.e., info about the workings of how the sealing jutsu of the Uzumaki clan works (which if i am right would be the biggest secret of there clans since they were specialist of sealing technique).

HoennMaster
7th July 2010, 10:13 PM
No it isn't. It's obviously Madara.

TsukiMirage
7th July 2010, 10:28 PM
Madara would have had years to research info on the type of seals that the Uzumaki clan used, So he doesn't necessarily have to be apart of their clan.

Edit: A very interesting chapter. Things are really moving along now. I have to say I'm really rooting for Madara here. Looks like he really had everything planned out. And the way he's acting so cool is just impressive. So Minato had his Hiraishin seal incorporated into Kushina's seal, That means either he must have had a hand in handling it or he used it as a basis for his own technique. Anyway, the best part of this chapter was seeing the Kyuubi being release and placed under control. I like how the Sharingan became a part of it's eye. That instantly reminded me of the time Sasuke did it to Manda. For once, I didn't have any problems with how the Kyuubi was drawn. It just seems to look so much better then a few chapters ago. And once again we get to see Sasuke again. Wonder if that's gonna be a common thing.

P.S. I have to honestly say that baby Naruto's eyes creep me out.

uber gon
8th July 2010, 8:50 AM
Kishi must REALLY like making his readers feel genuine emotion for his characters, doesn't he?

Wonder if we'll get a chapter that would explore life if Naruto and Sasuke's lives weren't screwed up?

Shadow Lucario
8th July 2010, 8:58 AM
Kishi must REALLY like making his readers feel genuine emotion for his characters, doesn't he?

He's not Kubo. That's all I need to say :)

Wonder if we'll get a chapter that would explore life if Naruto and Sasuke's lives weren't screwed up?

Doubt it. That would detract from the story too much. Maybe a flashback of Naruto and Sasuke when they were kids that we've never seen.

HoennMaster
8th July 2010, 9:01 AM
It worked. I felt sad for Naruto and his parents.

7 tyranitars
8th July 2010, 10:33 AM
damn seeing kushina with baby naruto there half asleep >.> and then imagine that both kushina and minato will die :/ it's like meh :/

Torpoleon
8th July 2010, 2:02 PM
Wow. That was a pretty good chapter. It was amazing that Kushina survived the extraction. It's nice to know a lot more about that event and I also can't wait for some more. Hopefully Madara will take off his mask so (aside from the fact that there was a time when he flat out said he was Madara) we can actually see him. There was a time when he slightly took off his mask which you see on his Narutopedia page.

7 tyranitars
8th July 2010, 10:05 PM
yeah druing the hunt for itachi arc, but it's like only pieces of his face, seems like kishi wants to show bit by bit, or as some predict he isn't the real madara :o

deathseer
9th July 2010, 3:25 AM
Man, I'm really hating Mandara. The guy literally felt the need to screw up Naruto's life beyond belief. I understand that he is the bad guy, but this was a bit too far. Its like he is solely responsible for everything bad that happens in Naruto's world. The story would have been better off if we were left in the dark about Naruto's birth. Because what happened is down right cruel.

I have a feeling Itachi might be more involved in Naruto and Sasuke's lives. Maybe as the catalyst to help the two kill Mandara.

Because honestly, this guy deseves to die. I don't care what reason he has for doing all of this, but he seriously has to pay for what he did. Naruto's parents didn't deserve to die. So I hope he gets his just desserts by Naruto and Sasuke beating the life out of him and watch him die.

uber gon
9th July 2010, 3:51 AM
Man, I'm really hating Mandara. The guy literally felt the need to screw up Naruto's life beyond belief. I understand that he is the bad guy, but this was a bit too far. Its like he is solely responsible for everything bad that happens in Naruto's world. The story would have been better off if we were left in the dark about Naruto's birth. Because what happened is down right cruel.

I have a feeling Itachi might be more involved in Naruto and Sasuke's lives. Maybe as the catalyst to help the two kill Mandara.

Because honestly, this guy deseves to die. I don't care what reason he has for doing all of this, but he seriously has to pay for what he did. Naruto's parents didn't deserve to die. So I hope he gets his just desserts by Naruto and Sasuke beating the life out of him and watch him die.

Kishi will probably have Sasuke help Madara a bit longer until the very last moment I think.

TsukiMirage
9th July 2010, 7:13 AM
While Naruto has been given reason to go after Madara, I sort of doubt that he'll be the one to really fight Madara. I guess it depends on who fights Kabuto.

7 tyranitars
9th July 2010, 10:21 AM
deathseer, I agree showing his past with baby naruto laying next to kushina but you know that part isn''t gonna end in a happy end...

HoennMaster
9th July 2010, 4:01 PM
I sort of agree. Not knowing bout Naruto's birth was better then seeing how sad it was. Poor Naruto.

Shneak
9th July 2010, 4:52 PM
Sad chapter. Naruto has had a rough life, right from Day 1.

I'm guessing the next chapter(s) is going to show the Kyubi destroying Konoha, and the deaths of Minato and Kushina?

7 tyranitars
9th July 2010, 7:31 PM
yeah next chapter kishi will crush our hearts even more :p

Lucario At Service
9th July 2010, 9:05 PM
My main question about Naruto's past is that who looked after him when the Kyuubi incident was over & Naruto became a Jinchuuriki.

Even if the 3rd Hokage was there to look after him, a child of that young age definitely needs a women to look after them. Initially i though that the 3rd's wife might have looked after Naruto until he got a little older, but it is already shown that she got killed in this incident.

The main question now is who would be the women in Konoha ready to look after a baby Jinchuuriki (since all the people of Konoha hated Naruto for it). And what was the conditions like when she accepted the job of looking after Naruto. How did the villagers reacted to her decisions, and where is that person now. Is she alive or dead.

On a side note, i have read a theory a while back stating that "Karen" could be related to the Uzumaki Clan and in-turn related to Naruto. What are your thoughts on this.

TsukiMirage
9th July 2010, 9:18 PM
Well at least Kishi has introduced a reason for Naruto to remain alive after the Kyuubi is removed from him. Now there's no reason Madara shouldn't complete his plans with the Juubi.

7 tyranitars
9th July 2010, 9:45 PM
lucario I read about that too, and I think it might have been sasuke his mom who looked after naruto for a while, considering she just had a baby she knew kushina and she could give breastfeeding

deathseer
9th July 2010, 10:17 PM
Well. They obviously couldn't have left him alone. He was just an infant. And Sasuke's parents couldn't have taken him in due Sasuke pretending like Naruto didn't exist in the Academy. If he stayed with him when they were young, then Sasuke would have been more inclined to actually accept Naruto.

My guess is that Iruka raised him. With maybe some help from the 3rd Hokage.

7 tyranitars
9th July 2010, 10:55 PM
iruka was very young at that time like naruto his age in part one so that isn't an option either

TsukiMirage
9th July 2010, 11:06 PM
Well we know Naruto was set up to live on his own after a few years, So more then likely Sarutobi just had a caregiver take care of him for those few years.

deathseer
9th July 2010, 11:41 PM
Iruka was around 12 when the Nine Tails attacked. His parents dies in the fight against it.

And from the beginning of Part 1, both Sasuke and Naruto lived on their own. So I wouldn't put it past Iruka taking care of Naruto since there seems to be no limit on such things.

But in the end, I suppose Sarutobi had someone take care of Naruto due to him having no nearby relatives ( He might have some family left since Kushina said their clan lives long and that they were scattered after the war ended). Although Naruto never mentions who took care of him as a child because it was assumed he was left alone as he got older ( Other than his friends at the Academy)

Shneak
10th July 2010, 1:07 AM
I guess his caretaker isn't really important, as it was never mentioned. Unless it will be.

TsukiMirage
10th July 2010, 7:05 AM
Well his caretaker has some importance, Since who it was would shape how Naruto's childhood was effected. Also considering they didn't really get close til the first chapter, I doubt it was Iruka.

Shadow Lucario
10th July 2010, 7:21 AM
It was Hiruzen. That's probably why Naruto respects him so much.

TsukiMirage
10th July 2010, 7:34 AM
Maybe, But seeing as he was Hokage, I don't think he would have had much time to care for a newborn child.

7 tyranitars
10th July 2010, 10:12 AM
hmm mayby danzo? :D, hmm what about the nursery thing that was shown in orochimaru his flashback

Lucario At Service
10th July 2010, 11:27 AM
It was Hiruzen. That's probably why Naruto respects him so much.
Yeah you are right to certain extent. But i don't think Hiruzen would be able to handle a baby of only '1 day old' that easily (also considering that he was around 50 years old when the Kyuubi incident happened, it puts more question to his ability to look after Naruto). A baby of that young age definitely needs a female care-taker.

Now my initial though was it might have been Sasuke's mother "Mikoto" might have looked after him like "7 tyranitars" pointed it out.

There are 2 reason why i think it might have been possible. One is that "Mikoto" was a close friend of Kushina and the other was that she was related to the Uchiha clan which would have helped in controlling the Kyuubi inside Naruto when he was a baby (at least that what the 3rd might have thought at that time).
Another reason for this might be, as far as the story goes, only Mikoto other than the "Sannin" & the higher ups of the Konoha has been shown to know that Naruto was Kushina's son (though based on the story, none of the Sannin knew that Kushina was a Jinchuuriki) and possibly she might have also known that Minato was the father.
The possibility of this happening is more increasing with the sudden involvement of Mikoto & Itachi to the story (maybe Itachi was the only one who noticed the masked man controlling the Kyuubi that night which later helped him in making connection with him). Also the fact that the front page of ch 501 shows baby Naruto & baby Sasuke are placed together is also hinting to this possibility.

But i don't think that she looked after baby Naruto for that long (maybe she looked after Naruto for 2-3 years). The reason for this would be related to the reason why Itachi was ordered to kill the Uchiha clan.
I think the 3rd might have ordered a secret investigation about the whole Kyuubi incident, which eventually lead to the conclusion that the Uchiha clan was involved in the incident. This would have made the top 3 of Konoha force Naruto to be removed from Mikoto's care & later the clan was moved to a remote corner of the village.

And Sasuke's parents couldn't have taken him in due Sasuke pretending like Naruto didn't exist in the Academy. If he stayed with him when they were young, then Sasuke would have been more inclined to actually accept Naruto.
If you read the lines which are present above you would understand why Sasuke might have not remembered her mother taking care of Naruto. Thats because there are rarely a few people (who have exceptional memory) those who still remember there past when they were around 3-4 years old.

TsukiMirage
10th July 2010, 8:02 PM
Nice theory, But I doubt it was Sarutobi who ordered an investigation. That was more likely Danzo do did that. He had a clear reason to want to eliminate the Uchiha clan for his own needs and along with him the Elders had already started planning the massacre regardless of Sarutobi's wishes. Plus, He knew Madara was alive and they appeared to have had some dealing during the massacre.

7 tyranitars
12th July 2010, 1:24 PM
yes and sarutobi kept protecting the uchiha he didn't wanted the masacre to happen

TsukiMirage
14th July 2010, 12:40 AM
Source: NF
Credits: Satoshii

Trans: Satoshii from NF

Very loose translation, but hopefully you'll get a better picture.

From ohana

508 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2010/07/13(火) 17:44:08 ID:Rt98jg3KP
まだ外からだから、また後で来るね。

:I'm still out so i'll come back again later.

表紙は ミナト

:The cover is Minato

凄い強い。

He's) really strong.

もしかしたら、仮面のオトコはマダラじゃないかもしれない。

:Maybe the masked guy isn't Madara.

ミナトが『マダラなのか?』てきいたら無言。

:Minato asks, "Are you Madara?" and he responds with silence.

読み直して、また来る。

:I'll re-read and come back later.

ミナトの螺旋丸かっけ。

:Minato uses Rasengan.

more

520 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2010/07/13(火) 17:55:41 ID:Rt98jg3KP
表紙は ミナト

over is Minato.

502 四代目の死闘!!

:The 4th's struggle!!

泣くサスケ

Sasuke is crying.

あやすイタチ

Itachi is cradling (Sasuke)

フガクとミコトは出掛けてていない。

:Fugaku and Mikoto do not come out.

ふざけてるカカシ ガイ

:Kakashi and Gai are playing with each-other.

何かを感じる三代目

:The 3rd Hokage feels something.

仮面の男 口寄せ
九尾が里を襲い出す。

:The 9tails summoned by the masked man goes to attack the village.

暗部 三代目に報告

Some Anbu report to the 3rd Hokage.

三代目戦闘態勢

:The 3rd readies for combat.

顔岩にミナト
暴れる九尾

:Minato is stone faced (I think like poker faced) as the 9tails violently rampages.

九尾セロ口から吐く

:9tails fires a cero from it's mouth (lol what is this, Bleach (^_^) )

弾くミナト(時空間結界)

:[I think this is = Minato stops it using a space/time barrier ninjutsu.]

シカマルパパ チョウジパパ観戦

Shikamaru's dad and Chouji's dad watch the fight.

ミナトの背後に仮面の男
振り返りつつパンチ

:The masked man gets behind but Minato looks behind and punches him.

仮面の男ダイソンするも ミナト飛雷雷して飛ぶ
飛んだ所に仮面の男も来る

:Lightning strikes and Minato jumps out of the way [using hiraishin maybe, i'm, not sure.] The masked man manages to follow him.

ミナト マダラなのか?と問うが
答えになってない答え方

:Minato asks again, "Are you Madara", but again he gives no real answer.

仮面の男 鎖でミナトを縛りあげるが ミナト飛雷神で飛ぶ

:The masked man tries to tie Minato up with chains, but he escapes using hiraishin.

すぐミナト現れ ミナト特殊クナイを仮面の男に投げるも
クナイは仮面の男をすり抜ける

:Minato appears and throws his special kunai at the masked man, but it slips through him.

ミナト 仮面の男交差するとき~~
ミナト背後から螺旋丸

:As it passes through the masked man, Minato attacks with a Rasengan from behind.

ミナト『飛雷神二の段だよ』

:Minato says "there's two levels to Hiraishin"

終わり。サーセイ★

:Finished. Sa-sei (lol, I have no idea.)

HoennMaster
14th July 2010, 7:26 AM
Sounds like a cool chapter, but "....but it slips through him" is basically saying it is Madara.

Shadow Lucario
14th July 2010, 7:45 AM
Not going to look at the spoiler!! >.> I can wait nearly twenty-four hours to see what happens!

TsukiMirage
14th July 2010, 9:51 AM
Sounds like a cool chapter, but "....but it slips through him" is basically saying it is Madara. For some reason, Kishi is still playing the "He's not Madara" angle along with "He's Madara" angle. It's gonna be real annoying either way it turns out.

Shadow Lucario
14th July 2010, 11:06 AM
Meenwhile at the legion of villains!!
Sandman: So Madara what have you been up to?
Madara: Oh nothing I just tryed to blow up a new born baby that I took from his mother less than a minute after he was born, ya know just the same o'l stuff.
*dead silence*
The Noid: Yeah that's not cool :(.....

uber gon
14th July 2010, 6:51 PM
Meenwhile at the legion of villains!!
Sandman: So Madara what have you been up to?
Madara: Oh nothing I just tryed to blow up a new born baby that I took from his mother less than a minute after he was born, ya know just the same o'l stuff.
*dead silence*
The Noid: Yeah that's not cool :(.....

Sad thing is is that lately comics in America would have Madara SUCCEED in killing Naruto.

HoennMaster
16th July 2010, 3:25 AM
So the chapter was pretty nice, but like I said, it's beyond obvious that is Madara. I like how they had both the 3rd and 4th in the battle.

uber gon
16th July 2010, 5:46 AM
Wonder if we'll get to see if everything that led up to the Uchiha massacre (in Madara's perspective) was true? I'd like to see if Sasuke is being gullible or something.

TsukiMirage
16th July 2010, 6:36 AM
Nice chapter. Madara continues to impress me. It was very cool that he was able to summon the Kyuubi, An ability that I can see being useful later on. Nice to finally see what Minato can do and why he was so renowned. Unfortunately, Since we know how things end, That takes some of the luster away. I get the feeling that Minato's hit on Madara is gonna go the same way Sasuke's slicing him did.

Charminions
16th July 2010, 7:11 PM
New chapter is out.

Warning Spoilers:
Damn, Yondaime vs. Madara!!! Yondaime actually landed a blow on Madara. What was kind of dumb was that Madara was fighting Yondaime with a chain...
Overall I'd give this chapter a 9/10

7 tyranitars
17th July 2010, 2:16 PM
it's such a good fight, too bad madara will win sorta

deathseer
17th July 2010, 5:53 PM
Was really nice seeing Kakashi and Gai years ago. It was really funny to know that they still acted the same way they do now. And if I'm not mistaken, Gai sort of looks like Lee.

Mandara is still as evil as usual. Its a shame that Minato will lose in some way. We know that both oh Naruto's parents die on that day, so Mandara probably pulls out some super Jutsu to overpower Minato.

I too hope that we get something that leads up to the Uchiha massacre. Maybe Sasuke is just being stupid and selfish. Or maybe he has every right to be angry with Konoha. We may never know since Mandara was the one who told him and I wouldn't put lying past him.

HoennMaster
17th July 2010, 7:00 PM
Minato will escape the battle as he still hasn't sealed the Nine tails.

Sigh!
17th July 2010, 8:41 PM
Maybe he somewhat defeats Madara causing him to flee and then he seals the fox in Naruto.

TsukiMirage
18th July 2010, 6:55 PM
I doubt Minato defeated Madara. He himself implied otherwise. More then likely Madara's gonna lose control over directing the Kyuubi and gonna have to run, Because the Kyuubi is clearly not happy with him.

SharpedoX
18th July 2010, 7:01 PM
I'm thinking Kushina surviving the Tailed Beast extraction is a hint that maybe Akatsuki will get their hands on Naruto and extract the Kyubi. I'm really curious of how the Juubi will turn out to be.

Either way, looking forward for the next chapter.

Shadow Lucario
18th July 2010, 8:02 PM
I don't think the Kyuubi likes being controlled. He hates Madara and the Sharingan and relishes the thought of killing Naruto. Not only that but he hates Minato as well. The Kyuubi doesn't have many friends :/

Lucario At Service
18th July 2010, 8:50 PM
I'm thinking Kushina surviving the Tailed Beast extraction is a hint that maybe Akatsuki will get their hands on Naruto and extract the Kyubi.
From what i understood from that chapter, even though Kushina survived the extraction of the Kyuubi, she won't still be able to stay alive for long. The effects of the extraction is eventually going to kill her.
The only reason for her to be alive is because she has the Uzumaki clan blood. Instead of the instant death because of the extraction, her blood made the effects change to that of being infected with a highly powerful poison (similar to the one which Sasori used).

So, if by any chance the Kyuubi gets extracted from Naruto. He would also suffer the same effects which would eventually lead to his death.

The only way i can see Naruto staying alive after the extraction would be if someone used a jutsu similar to the one which Chiyo used to save Sakura & then Gaara.
And if that type of jutsu is used on Naruto while he is still alive, the user would not die after using it (like it happened when Chiyo saved Sakura).

7 tyranitars
18th July 2010, 9:59 PM
shadow lucario, it must be really easy to make friends as a monster fox? :P

HoennMaster
19th July 2010, 1:44 AM
I'm thinking Kushina surviving the Tailed Beast extraction is a hint that maybe Akatsuki will get their hands on Naruto and extract the Kyubi.

Unlike Kushina, Naruto hasn't received any of his clans special training though so he for the most part doesn't have that same power that his mother did. Besides, we all know Kushina is going to die anyway.

TsukiMirage
19th July 2010, 4:00 AM
Naruto shouldn't need any training. It's in his genes/chakra. Naruto should survive automatically once the Kyuubi is removed. Afterward, That's where Tsunade comes in I'm guessing.

Shadow Lucario
19th July 2010, 8:07 AM
shadow lucario, it must be really easy to make friends as a monster fox? :P

Hey the Hachibi is friends with Killer Bee and he's a monster bull/octopus thing.

ryodragonite
20th July 2010, 12:27 AM
Unlike Kushina, Naruto hasn't received any of his clans special training though so he for the most part doesn't have that same power that his mother did. Besides, we all know Kushina is going to die anyway.

Yeah so wouldn't that mean Naruto is going to die too? I would expect that Kushina had more training with the Kyuubi even more than Naruto and she died so won't that mean Naruto as well?

blue hair
20th July 2010, 2:45 AM
hello new commer

uber gon
20th July 2010, 5:35 AM
Wonder if Danzo ever did anything to Naruto before he got the Kyubi? He probably wanted to use him as a tool or something.

vwxy505
20th July 2010, 3:59 PM
http://www.rugbyspolos.com/bmz_cache/0/09c2624cf6e53f77fb8f932675d948a2.image.300x297.jpg (http://www.rugbyspolos.com/9-pcs-of-polo-ralph-lauren-classicfit-match-striped-polo-1001-p-121.html)9 pcs of POLO RALPH LAUREN Classic-Fit Match Striped Polo 1001 (http://www.rugbyspolos.com/9-pcs-of-polo-ralph-lauren-classicfit-match-striped-polo-1001-p-121.html)

Model: RALPH LAUREN Classic
100 Units in Stock
$209.99[/url]A classic short-sleeved polo shirt from Polo Ralph Lauren in breathable cotton mesh, designed for a comfortable fit and accented with a sash stripe and sporty embroidery for an athletic finish. Featuring a 2-button placket, a contrasting straight twill collar, contrasting ribbed cuffs, an uneven vented hem with interior taping, dual Match players and "Polo Ralph Lauren" logo accenting the left chest, an applied embroidered "2" patch accenting the right sleeve and a sporty contrasting sash stripe at the front and back.These Men's RALPH LAUREN POLO shirts have 9 colors and 5 sizes available. This item is for 9 pieces of shirts. Please Write down the color's letters and sizes on "Add Comments About Your Order" text area when you place an order.[url=http://www.rugbyspolos.com/]polo shirts (http://www.rugbyspolos.com/9-pcs-of-polo-ralph-lauren-classicfit-match-striped-polo-1001-p-121.html)

TsukiMirage
20th July 2010, 10:51 PM
Wonder if Danzo ever did anything to Naruto before he got the Kyubi? He probably wanted to use him as a tool or something. Probably not. I would think that he and the other Elders believed that Kushina merely lost control, Like Sarutobi did.

ryodragonite
21st July 2010, 2:07 AM
Wonder if Danzo ever did anything to Naruto before he got the Kyubi? He probably wanted to use him as a tool or something.

I dont really think he was much back then. He only threatened him because Kushina had the kyuubi which was being released and wasnt in Naruto yet.

TsukiMirage
21st July 2010, 6:37 PM
503 : Minato's Shiki Fuujin! (or Corpse Demon Consuming Seal)
Minato managed to hit Madara with Rasengan.
And he manages to mark Madara with a Hiraishin Tag.
Madara's left hand is wounded.

Madara tries to remove the tag but the kunai wound is deep.
Minato use Keiyaku Fuuin on Madara. As a result, Madara can't control Kyuubi anymore.
The Sharingan type motion disappear from Kyuubi's eyes.

Iruka's mother is seen. She protects Iruka from attack.
Iruka's father is running away.
Iruka : "Father and mother are still fighting ..."

Konoha is on the verge of being destroyed.
Kyuubi is going outside Konoha.

Sandaime goes on the offensive.
Madara says "The Kyuubi will be mine sooner or later."
Iruka is removed from the battlefield by a jounin.

(Kurenai's father is talking to Kakashi, Kurenai and Gai.) Just like Nidaime talks to Hiruzen and Danzou.

(Kyuubi fires chakra), Minato summons Gamabunta
Minato talks to Kushina about sealing the Kyuubi again. Using a Space/Time Ninjutsu, to moves him far, far away.
Minato appears where Naruto and Kushina are.
Minato is out of chakra.
Kushina uses "Chakra chains of doom" to capture Kyuubi.
Naruto is crying from all the commotion.

Kushina is dead serious about dealing with the Kyuubi to gain some time.
Minato and Kushina goes on a love confession.
Minato cries ( Like fater, like son )

Kushina uses her chakra to she can meet Naruto someday and use a 8 Divination Seal Type on Naruto.
While Minato will Shiki Fuujin.
Kushina stops.

Minato will seal only half of the Kyuubi in himself.
And then seal all of it on Naruto's 8 Divination Seal.

This kid will open up the future for us. He's our kid after all.
Minato makes the hand signs !
Shiki Fuujin !

Iruka's parents.
Kurenai's father.
Never saw them before.
Kurenai haves the same eyes as her father.

Minato never had the time to talk to Sandaime.
In the end, Hiruzen was irrevelant to the battle.
So you mean when Minato do the Shiki Fuujin ...
Minato and Kushina dies ?
Near the corpses of his parents, Naruto is left crying ... alone.
And current Naruto seems to somehow haves flashes of this moment, since it shocked him so much when he was a baby.
And then he cries again.

HoennMaster
21st July 2010, 10:19 PM
Oh good, it's over. I can't take anymore of this sad birth.

uber gon
22nd July 2010, 3:19 AM
Oh good, it's over. I can't take anymore of this sad birth.

For all we know Sasuke's could have been sadder in retrospect. At least Naruto comes out of all this stuff a lot better.

TsukiMirage
22nd July 2010, 5:43 AM
Great to finally have confirmation on the whole Bijuu dying thing. I knew my theory about the Bijuus being able to return from death was correct. There had to be a reason the villages kept having to make Jinchuuriki's when they had no real desire for them. A purely great chapter just for that reason. Anyway, It's also real interesting to learn that Minato only sealed half the Kyuubi because that's all he could do. I would have liked to see a little more of how the village was able to hold off the Kyuubi, But I guess it shouldn't be all that impossible to do. Looks like we're gonna get one more chapter before everything is finished up.

uber gon
22nd July 2010, 5:53 AM
Wonder if we'll get an arc where Naruto gets whatever part of the Kyubi Minato sealed?

TsukiMirage
22nd July 2010, 6:07 AM
Judging by what we've seen, The Kyuubi should have regained the part of it's chakra that Minato sealed away.

Noheart
22nd July 2010, 7:43 AM
Hmm...

Since Naruto only has half of the Kyuubi's chakra, I wonder if there's a way to get the other half Minato sealed away as well...

7 tyranitars
22nd July 2010, 10:06 AM
^ perhaps gravedigging :P? well that chakra might go to naruto since he contains 'the alive' part

ryodragonite
22nd July 2010, 6:27 PM
^ perhaps gravedigging :P? well that chakra might go to naruto since he contains 'the alive' part

Yeah thats what I though. When he controlles the Kyuubi he gets all of the power that Minato sealed away in himself and in Naruto. He may even gat to be stronger thanb Sasuke. Hint, Hint...

HoennMaster
22nd July 2010, 10:30 PM
It was a good chapter, but the opening image of them as a family was sad since it would have been nice for them to have that.

deathseer
23rd July 2010, 8:21 AM
It was a good chapter, but the opening image of them as a family was sad since it would have been nice for them to have that.

I know right?!

Before I even started reading the freaking thing, it felt like a kick in the stomach. It would be nice to see Naruto with a loving family. After all the crap that went down after and during his birth, he deserves to be happy. And that image just makes your heart sink. Cause you know that's what would have happened with him growing up.

Anyways, nice chapter. But the eyecatch before it makes it good nonetheless.

7 tyranitars
23rd July 2010, 9:39 AM
yeah I agree, makes you think how would it have been if the kyuubi attack didn't happen, and besides he would be as poulair as sasuke, for being the hokage son? :o

Lorde
24th July 2010, 3:01 PM
If the Kyuubi attack hadn't happened, the story might not have progressed very well. I mean, if both Naruto's parents were alive from the story's beginning, the story itself would tank. But if say one of his parents were alive like his mother for example, the story would have gone on pretty much the same, except his mother would encourage him, kind of like how all mothers do. Not sure if it's a good thing though...

Anyway, I'm loving these flashback chapters, but I wanna see Madara and the War soon. Too much Naruto is a little annoying since he took control of the Kyuubi much too easily.

ryodragonite
24th July 2010, 5:57 PM
If the Kyuubi attack hadn't happened, the story might not have progressed very well. I mean, if both Naruto's parents were alive from the story's beginning, the story itself would tank. But if say one of his parents were alive like his mother for example, the story would have gone on pretty much the same, except his mother would encourage him, kind of like how all mothers do. Not sure if it's a good thing though...

Anyway, I'm loving these flashback chapters, but I wanna see Madara and the War soon. Too much Naruto is a little annoying since he took control of the Kyuubi much too easily.

Acually if that happened he would be normal and people like Iruka would only notice him as a student and Mizuki would still be alive doing something else evil maybe even getting the scroll on his own getting more powerful. Sasuke and Sakura might not be on Narutos team. No Orochimaru for Naruto and other things that lead the story away from the plot.

Lorde
24th July 2010, 6:19 PM
Acually if that happened he would be normal and people like Iruka would only notice him as a student and Mizuki would still be alive doing something else evil maybe even getting the scroll on his own getting more powerful. Sasuke and Sakura might not be on Narutos team. No Orochimaru for Naruto and other things that lead the story away from the plot.

If Naruto had his parents, I'm sure he still would've grown up to be a great ninja, even if he only had one parent. He'd still have tons of adventures too, with or without Mizuki or Orochimaru. There would still be enemies to face. His drive not only comes from his years of being shunned, but by genetics. I think skill runs in Naruto's blood since Minato was a genius and Kushina had special chakras that could tame the Kyuubi to a degree. He wouldn't be normal growing up with them, he'd still be special. Naruto might have ended up like Sasuke, being born into a strong family. I think things might have been somewhat interesting with either possibility.

ryodragonite
24th July 2010, 6:25 PM
If Naruto had his parents, I'm sure he still would've grown up to be a great ninja, even if he only had one parent. He'd still have tons of adventures too, with or without Mizuki or Orochimaru. There would still be enemies to face. His drive not only comes from his years of being shunned, but by genetics. I think skill runs in Naruto's blood since Minato was a genius and Kushina had special chakras that could tame the Kyuubi to a degree. He wouldn't be normal growing up with them, he'd still be special. Naruto might have ended up like Sasuke, being born into a strong family. I think things might have been somewhat interesting with either possibility.

Or maybe like Sasukes family the council will be afraid of thier clans power and kill them like they killed the Uchihas O_o And if that didn't happen it would have been fun to see Sasuke and Naruto be friends instead of rivals.

7 tyranitars
24th July 2010, 9:04 PM
^ yes it sure helps to kill the family of the yondaime hokage considering he would have been the leader of the village

uber gon
24th July 2010, 9:10 PM
Would be nice to have an alternate universe where Naruto had both his parents.

Lorde
24th July 2010, 9:23 PM
Or maybe like Sasukes family the council will be afraid of thier clans power and kill them like they killed the Uchihas O_o And if that didn't happen it would have been fun to see Sasuke and Naruto be friends instead of rivals.

Well Minato was Hokage, I don't think a Kage as skilled as Minato could be killed as easily but I suppose that they'd be more afraid of Kushina and her baby since they had that whole mysterious aura about them. I don't know if they'd kill her though, since the Land of Whirlpools and Konoha were allies but anything is possible.

Naruto and Sasuke as friends seems impossible to me somehow :P

uber gon
24th July 2010, 9:27 PM

There's always time travel. I could see something like maybe the Jyubi doing something like that.

ryodragonite
24th July 2010, 10:21 PM
Well Minato was Hokage, I don't think a Kage as skilled as Minato could be killed as easily but I suppose that they'd be more afraid of Kushina and her baby since they had that whole mysterious aura about them. I don't know if they'd kill her though, since the Land of Whirlpools and Konoha were allies but anything is possible.

Oh I didn't know Kushina lived in the village of the whirlpools. Naruto and Sasuke were friend. Just really bad friends that make fun of each other and beat themselves up. Or thats how it used to be.

Charminions
24th July 2010, 11:21 PM
The picture of Naruto, Minato, and Kushina looking like a normal family made me feel sorry for Naruto :( . Stupid Madara had to ruin such a perfect family.

ryodragonite
24th July 2010, 11:24 PM
The picture of Naruto, Minato, and Kushina looking like a normal family made me feel sorry for Naruto :( . Stupid Madara had to ruin such a perfect family.

Yeah I known that really sucks for Naruto. but without Madara we really wouldn't have much of a plot now would we? ^^

Lorde
24th July 2010, 11:34 PM
The manga just hasn't been too interesting lately. These flashback chapters seem out of order, like I'm reading anime-only Filler material. I don't know, I don't find Kushina and Minato's past all that interesting, it's like Kishi gave Kushina incredible power out-of-the-blue just to make taming the Kyuubi a piece of cake for Naruto. I'm hoping he'll get real training in, as in without help from anyone, except Killer Bee.

Flashback chapter next week for sure, most likely dealing with Minato's final moments and his last words to Sarutobi.

ryodragonite
24th July 2010, 11:49 PM
The manga just hasn't been too interesting lately. These flashback chapters seem out of order, like I'm reading anime-only Filler material. I don't know, I don't find Kushina and Minato's past all that interesting, it's like Kishi gave Kushina incredible power out-of-the-blue just to make taming the Kyuubi a piece of cake for Naruto. I'm hoping he'll get real training in, as in without help from anyone, except Killer Bee.

Flashback chapter next week for sure, most likely dealing with Minato's final moments and his last words to Sarutobi.

Yeah not much happening in any of the manga. I'm just starting to skimp through the Naruto manga the past few weeks.

Naruto need to get the heck out of there and start some training, hopefully without Yamato. He's kinda annoying, following Naruto around everywhere. I don't care if he's his protector or not, he need to go back to the Anbu where he belongs.

I'm thinking that when or if Naruto defeats Madara the other bijis will come back to life. I'd be pretty boring with only two of the nine biji alive.

TsukiMirage
25th July 2010, 12:22 AM
One thing that has interested me most in the flashback is that the Uchihas are missing from the action. Not just that, But Danzo and Kagami were the only two from their team not on the front lines.

PokeN3rd
25th July 2010, 4:45 PM

I'm sure that after Naruto can 'control' the Kyuubi, he will need training to actually have it do as he wishes. I'm sure Bee will have practice battles with Naruto and the like, preparing him for later on. And I've always been interested in how Naruto's parents went about before they died. This is just letting all the fans know how it went down exactly.