PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The end is here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108

SharpedoX
7th February 2011, 3:45 PM
I don't think he meant that they should fight each other; rather, that they should fight against the White Zetsu army and show off new techniques. Kiba has been ignored a lot lately :s

Duh. So stupid, didn't understand that at the time lol

ryodragonite
7th February 2011, 9:21 PM
Who knows, maybe he did. I think everyone probably learned a few new things, and this war is about to show it.

Im saying what else could he really do with the wolf? Shoot fire balls out of it? Thats not likely and he did pretty much everything he could in the sakon fight. He could only do physical moves except for the twirling moves but that can be improved really.

Shneak
7th February 2011, 9:58 PM
There's only one Black Zetsu, so it shouldn't be too difficult. Mei can probably burn it to death with acid.

Lorde
7th February 2011, 10:10 PM
There's only one Black Zetsu, so it shouldn't be too difficult. Mei can probably burn it to death with acid.

I don't think it would be that easy, especially once you remember that female characters rarely ever win battles in this series for some reason. Mei could try and fight Black Zetsu, but I think he'd be able to kidnap the feudal lord before Mei could even touch him. I'm almost expecting her and the Tsuchikage to die in this war as a matter of fact. The Tsuchikage is really old and it looks like he's going to risk his life to defeat Muu and Mei just seems like the type to die young.

Shneak
7th February 2011, 10:24 PM
I know, I was just kidding. It would be hard to attack, but it can't really fight back.

I have a feeling that all the kages, except Gaara, are going to die.

Shadow Lucario
7th February 2011, 10:45 PM
I don't think it would be that easy, especially once you remember that female characters rarely ever win battles in this series for some reason.

Females win just as much as the males actually. Temari technically beat Shikamaru, Sakura and Chiyo beat Sasori, Tsunade beat Naruto, and so on. It's just that there are more males so they have a majority of the fights.

ryodragonite
8th February 2011, 12:01 AM
Females win just as much as the males actually. Temari technically beat Shikamaru, Sakura and Chiyo beat Sasori, Tsunade beat Naruto, and so on. It's just that there are more males so they have a majority of the fights.

Shikamru gave up, Double teaming doesnt count, and theres a 50 year difference. Just saying xD.

Temari beat Tayuya. Temari beat TenTen and Im sure Konan beats a lot of people. She has to represent the female society ^^.

Where is Temari right now? I didnt see her in any of th war squads.

Shadow Lucario
8th February 2011, 2:08 AM
Shikamru gave up, Double teaming doesnt count, and theres a 50 year difference. Just saying xD.

Temari beat Tayuya. Temari beat TenTen and Im sure Konan beats a lot of people. She has to represent the female society ^^.

Shikamaru even said he was out of Chakra so he couldn't have won either way. I don't see how teaming up doesn't count. That's how the Akatsuki works. She's still a female and won and there is only about a 40 year difference so he has no excuse :P I don't think a female fighting a female would count because a female would win either way. I think 4th Kira was referring to when females and males fight.

Where is Temari right now? I didnt see her in any of th war squads.

She was with Gaara's squad I'm sure.

Lorde
8th February 2011, 3:00 AM
Nevermind. I forgot that Kishi can bend the story to his will. Though personally, I think Konan should have gotten some "on-screen" victories. We've seen her jutsu and she seemed pretty tough, but I still wish she would've defeated someone (I didn't see her in the anime, so maybe she did beat someone there?). I wonder if Kishi will revive her. He could, along with Kisame if he wanted too, but that would just add to the problems that the Allied Shinobi Forces have to face.

Anyway, I'm gonna predict that this week's chapter has something to do with either Black Zetsu finding Mei and the Frost Country's feudal lord, Darui's battle with those Cloud ninja, or Kankuro's battle with Chiyo/Hanzo/Kimimaro. I would hope that we get to see Suigetsu again, but his role isn't really important right now :x

Shneak
8th February 2011, 3:17 AM
I kind of want to see what Naruto is doing, surprisingly. Not a whole chapter, just an update.

TsukiMirage
8th February 2011, 8:15 AM
All you have to do is look at how Kishi treats the supposed heroine to see how strong women are in the series. They can be strong, But only when there's no guy to do it for them.

I'm hoping Kishi stops jumping around with the story and focuses on one of the fights already going on. I want to see Darui fight the metal brothers and see how Kakashi is doing.

GaZsTiC
8th February 2011, 5:35 PM
I'm hoping Kishi stops jumping around with the story and focuses on one of the fights already going on.

The only issue with that is that it might become similar to the pacing of the Fake Karakura Town arc in Bleach - something Kishi might have picked up on and hoped to avoid. A war should feel like a war, not just battle after battle after battle after battle.

Lorde
8th February 2011, 5:44 PM
I kind of want to see what Naruto is doing, surprisingly. Not a whole chapter, just an update.

I don't. I dislike watching Naruto train so I think it's best if the story focused on some of the battles in this war for a while. I don't think Naruto has made much progress yet anyway. I am wondering if Madara will be going after Bee, though. He hasn't been seen lately and he's really the only one left who could capture a Jinchuriki alive, besides Sasuke I guess.

ryodragonite
8th February 2011, 9:22 PM
Shikamaru even said he was out of Chakra so he couldn't have won either way. I don't see how teaming up doesn't count. That's how the Akatsuki works. She's still a female and won and there is only about a 40 year difference so he has no excuse :P I don't think a female fighting a female would count because a female would win either way. I think 4th Kira was referring to when females and males fight.

She was with Gaara's squad I'm sure.

You do know that everything but the Shikamaru part was sarcasm, right? The only girl male part battles are with Shikamaru.

Didnt that Black girl fight Naruto for like a second. She reminds me of Tsunade, puching Naruto for some reason.

I would think shed be in the front at least, but then again Kankurou is in a whole other squad. I think shes been forgotten along with TenTen.

Shneak
8th February 2011, 9:53 PM
Karui (?) is in Neji/Hinata's squad. She hasn't been seen since the beginning of the war.

ryodragonite
8th February 2011, 10:06 PM
Karui (?) is in Neji/Hinata's squad. She hasn't been seen since the beginning of the war.

I assuming Karuis the black one?

I was talking about Temari and TenTen. The girls with the least screen time in naruto. Masashi gave TentTen her own filler and it still had naruto and neji in it so thats not really hers considering naruto loves attention.

gliscor&yanmega
8th February 2011, 11:38 PM
I think shes been forgotten along with TenTen.

Tenten was in the last chapter though.

No one is really being forgotten, in fact Kishi has been bring more and more people into the manga and still shows a little of the older ones.

She was seen with the rest of Kitsuchi's division attacking the White Zetsu Clone Army, which was after the start of the war. She'll be seen again, not many chapters have pasted since then.

TsukiMirage
9th February 2011, 4:23 PM
Samui and Atsui are sent to Darui as reinforcements
Kinkaku can use a technique with his gourd to steal his opponents' souls
While recording speech, the person recording the speech is sucked up

Atsui is male and has a slight resemblance to C
Gaara and the Tsuchikage aren't setting out
This time it's Kinkaku and Ginkaku vs. Darui, Samui, and Atsui

minor mistake here. it should be: "the person whose words are recorded is sucked in (into his gourd)".
also, both kinkaku and ginkaku use that technique (taking the souls of their opponents by recording their words/speech), not only the former.

"They use five ninja tools said to be the treasured tools of the Rikudō Sennin. They even managed to bring the Nidaime Hokage to the verge of death with them, but... the Kyūbi's chakra...? I hadn't heard they held that..."
This must be about the tools Kinkaku and Ginkaku use
Journey to the West also had the brothers wield five treasured weapons
A sword, a fan, a rope, a pot, and a gourd We finally seem to be learning the deal behind Kingaku and Ginkaku. Plus Samui returns.

Lorde
9th February 2011, 5:56 PM
So Ginkaku and Kinkaku have some sort of technique that records and absorbs speech? Huh, didn't Zetsu have a similar technique? Only in his case, he could only record actions or something. Anyway, it looks like the chapter focuses on Cloud ninja once more. I actually like it when the manga focuses on the struggles of the Leaf ninja, but this is fine I guess.

LexSuicune
9th February 2011, 5:58 PM
I'm glad they're expanding the names of legendary Shinobis we know of with this war, if only there were more legendary Kunoichis

Shneak
9th February 2011, 10:03 PM
Zombies stealing souls? That's ironic.

Lorde
10th February 2011, 6:01 PM
The chapter is out and it was weird. Samui's brother is like the exact opposite of her and he creeps me out lol. Kinkaku and Ginkaku appear to have been criminals which might explain why they attacked their own people without holding back. I didn't understand their abilities much, but I'm glad that Kishi went with something that hasn't been done too often in the past. I hate that they have some of the Kyuubi's chakra though.

GaZsTiC
10th February 2011, 6:52 PM
Boring chapter was boring. I wish Kishi didn't bother introducing so many dead ninja into the war that I couldn't care less about.

Crimsonlink
10th February 2011, 9:25 PM
I think now Kishi has surpassed Kubo and Oda in terms of characters introduced and not in a good way either. This war of Kishi's will probably be the longest war arc between the 3 authors lolz.

GaZsTiC
10th February 2011, 10:15 PM
I think now Kishi has surpassed Kubo and Oda in terms of characters introduced and not in a good way either. This war of Kishi's will probably be the longest war arc between the 3 authors lolz.

Nothing could ever be as long as the Winter War. That's just impossible...I hope.

I am not going through 2 more years of this ****. Note to all future mangakas, wars do NOT work well in weekly manga series.

Shneak
10th February 2011, 10:16 PM
Decent chapter, I guess.

I don't like the two brothers. The 3 items make a good strategy for them, stealing souls, but I don't understand why they have the fan.

Looks like Atsui and Samui are (dead).

Shadow Lucario
10th February 2011, 10:55 PM
I thought the chapter was enjoyable. You people wanted to see the Allied Shinobi Forces getting their *** kicked and that's what he gave you.

Lorde
10th February 2011, 11:25 PM
Kishi does a decent job of juggling a huge cast of characters, so I have no real issue with all these new characters showing up. Most of these new guys are just going to end up dying anyway, so it's not like they matter too much (at least characters actually die in this manga, even if they are minor characters).

Also, I was thinking: couldn't those special tools that Kinkaku and Ginkaku use, be used to seal the Edo Tensei ninja's souls? I can totally see those tools being used against Kinkaku and Ginkaku at some point and then maybe against the other revived ninja like Kakuzu, Dan, and Asuma. That's just my theory, though. I hope Kishi actually created those items with that in mind.

Crimsonlink
10th February 2011, 11:26 PM
I feel like the Kyuubi swallowing the 2 brothers was nothing more than an *** pull in the last second by Kishi. Ok Kyuubi swallows you and you survive for 2 weeks somehow and you come out with some of it's chakra? Also why was Kyuubi out back then? Was it before it was sealed into Mito because the brothers would have to be pretty old.

I'm interested in the 5th treasure of the Sage since the other 4 have been introduced and I'm guessing the treasures were formed by Juubi's chakra. Madara's little battle Fan may be the 5th treasure but who knows.

The best part about this chapter was seeing the 2nd hokage and the information of how he was left on the verge of death because he fought the silver&gold brothers. I just hope Darui manages to survive and I'm a bit curious as to who killed the brothers.

As for Atsui... useless character and just a more reckless version of Naruto IMO.

I hope there are a few more Storm Releases and that Edo Tensai gets owned by the treasures or something because now the undead army is just getting annoying and the fights are so one-sided.

Shadow Lucario
10th February 2011, 11:37 PM
Maybe at that point someone had extracted the fox and released it or the fox took over Mito during child birth. And the brothers are pretty old since they fought Nidaime Hokage.

TsukiMirage
11th February 2011, 12:00 AM
This chapter was weird. It was nice to see finally see some strong ninjas from another village in action, But them relying on those weapons sort of put a damper on things. At least those powerful weapons help to push home how Kumo tends to collect powerful tools. I love that Samui and Darui showed what they could do, But Atsui was sort of annoying. I could have done without him acting so crazy. It was nice to get reference to Tobirama again and a special appearance by the Second Raikage who looks pretty cool. The idea that the brothers got eaten by the Kyuubi is quite funny in a stupid way. Can't wait to learn the rules to this game the brothers are playing.

uber gon
11th February 2011, 4:18 AM
Wonder what the inside of the Kyuubi looks like? Probably not pretty.

Shadow Lucario
11th February 2011, 4:28 AM
You have to remember that a weapon is only as good as its user. They're not relying on weapons since the weapons cannot act on their own.

7 tyranitars
11th February 2011, 3:44 PM
thank you for you words of wisedom shadow lucario :P

I liked this chapter sort of it was not amaaaaaazing but not crap either

Lorde
11th February 2011, 5:59 PM
The Cloud ninja used to be really amazing, but now I'm getting bored of them. They keep using "Cloud Style" which seems to be some sort of sword technique. I bet more Cloud ninja use this sort of technique. I like that Leaf ninja use all sorts of techniques when they fight, since it shows variety. Anyway, rant aside, I think that Kinkaku and Ginkaku will lose in the next chapter. These war chapters are going by pretty quickly, so it's possible.

Shneak
11th February 2011, 10:05 PM
You didn't like the LASER CIRCUS?

Lorde
11th February 2011, 10:09 PM
You didn't like the LASER CIRCUS?

Not really. I had seen it before so I didn't think that the technique was all-that exciting in this chapter. I wanted Darui to use other Storm Release techniques. We'll probably have to wait until next week to see his other tricks though :x

Kabuto
11th February 2011, 11:07 PM
I've liked almost all the war chapters (especially the Kakashi squad ones and the Akatsuki battle), but this one just seemed really stupid to me. The weapon abilities were ridiculous and the "myth" of the Nine Tails chakra was dumb too. Hopefully it'll move in the right direction.

gliscor&yanmega
11th February 2011, 11:47 PM
Zetsu was awesome this chapter. Jumping out of the water and trying to eat some flesh and stuff.

I'm think Kitsuchi and some people from his division will come back Darui up. They are suppose to mobilize there at some point I think, and last chapter they received the word to start mobilizing.

Ginkaku's and Kinkaku's personalities aren't that great to me, although the weapons I find pretty interesting.

Grovyl
11th February 2011, 11:49 PM
I don't really know what to say about this one. I guess I liked it more than not. I really liked the idea of the most words you've said in your life. But how they got the Kyuubi's chakra is ridiculous. How are you gonna go in the Kyuubi's stomach and somehow obtain his chakra?! Anyways, I also liked how Darui knew which word he used most...
I wouldn't know which my word would be... Most likely the... haha

GaZsTiC
12th February 2011, 2:00 AM
New discussion:

Would Naruto get swallowed up for saying "Dattebayo" even though it's technically not a word?

Lorde
12th February 2011, 4:20 AM
Would Naruto get swallowed up for saying "Dattebayo" even though it's technically not a word?

I've no idea, but you've just reminded me of something. I remembered that Kushina used some weird word when we saw her. It was a speech quirk like Naruto has in the Japanese anime/manga. Anyway, does anyone know what they changed it to in the Viz edition of the manga? I'm assuming that it was changed, since Naruto doesn't use that "dattebayo" word in the English manga, and having his mother use a similar word wouldn't make much sense.

Shneak
12th February 2011, 4:30 AM
Zetsu was awesome this chapter. Jumping out of the water and trying to eat some flesh and stuff.

Nice Zestu GIF in your sig.

I could of barfed watching that on the episode yesterday. Same with seeing Karui beating up Naruto, in animation.

Crimsonlink
12th February 2011, 4:48 AM
Nice Zestu GIF in your sig.

I could of barfed watching that on the episode yesterday. Same with seeing Karui beating up Naruto, in animation.

Episode 200 has the event that makes me hate Naruto (the character) so much and the chapter in that episode makes me dislike the series as a whole.

TsukiMirage
12th February 2011, 4:50 AM
Seeing that animated was great. Anyhow, I can't see why Naruto wouldn't be sucked up. Even if he knew he shouldn't say it, Naruto's personality seems like he would be unable to prevent himself from doing so.

smashlloyd20
12th February 2011, 5:23 AM
That could actually make for an interesting fight-Naruto attempting to fight off the silver and gold brothers while not trying to say his catchphrase. I also wonder how the Kyuubi would react to two ninja that had its chakra.

Lorde
12th February 2011, 5:46 AM
That could actually make for an interesting fight-Naruto attempting to fight off the silver and gold brothers while not trying to say his catchphrase. I also wonder how the Kyuubi would react to two ninja that had its chakra.

It would be pretty interesting, but I don't see it happening. Come to think of it, when was the last time Naruto really fought anyone? Like a full battle? Wasn't that all the way back in the Pain arc? I hope his training gets done soon so that he can finally get the attention he deserves. Anyway, you know what I would love? Seeing Naruto and the Kyuubi working together like Bee and the Hachibi. I know it will probably never happen, but I can dream ;_;

smashlloyd20
12th February 2011, 5:49 AM
Is he not in training to be able to do that? Oh man, that would be sweet. And I do want Naruto to get another epic fight. Can't believe it's been this long already.

Lorde
12th February 2011, 5:53 AM
Is he not in training to be able to do that?

He's training to master a new jutsu called the Bijuu Ball. He was supposed to team up with the Kyuubi to create it, but since the Kyuubi doesn't cooperate with humans, Naruto is learning to create his own version using the same methods he used to master the Rasengan. Apparently, controlling the Kyuubi is difficult :x

smashlloyd20
12th February 2011, 5:56 AM
*Gasp* shocking eh? Oh right, I remember now. I just want to see that jutsu in action...

Crimsonlink
12th February 2011, 4:52 PM
He's training to master a new jutsu called the Bijuu Ball. He was supposed to team up with the Kyuubi to create it, but since the Kyuubi doesn't cooperate with humans, Naruto is learning to create his own version using the same methods he used to master the Rasengan. Apparently, controlling the Kyuubi is difficult :x

I think Kishi will change his mind later on and have Naruto work with Kyuubi and decimate Madara's army when the Alliance start's struggling badly. It'll probably be when Naruto finally figures out there is a war going on.

Charminions
12th February 2011, 5:00 PM
I think Kishi will change his mind later on and have Naruto work with Kyuubi and decimate Madara's army when the Alliance start's struggling badly. It'll probably be when Naruto finally figures out there is a war going on.

Or he can learn the Bijuu Ball THEN destroy the Zetsu army.

Crimsonlink
12th February 2011, 5:12 PM
Or he can learn the Bijuu Ball THEN destroy the Zetsu army

Or he can learn to combine with Kyuubi and use the Bijuu Blast and wipe out the Zetsu Army in one blow and step on the rest that survive. ;)

TsukiMirage
12th February 2011, 6:32 PM
Or Naruto won't have anything to do with defeating the Zetsu army or any Edo summons, Instead being kept away until the time for his fight with Sasuke.

Lorde
12th February 2011, 6:33 PM
I don't even think that the Zetsu army is the main issue here. Yeah, there are tons of them to deal with and they probably have some hidden powers, but the main enemies in this war are those revived ninja. We've seen that there are a few ways of capturing them and sealing them, but it doesn't seem possible to stop them all without first capturing Kabuto. I'm sure it'll happen eventually, but I think Kishi should focus on the revived ninja more than on the Zetsu for now. The only exception would be Black Zetsu, since he seems important enough.

LexSuicune
12th February 2011, 6:56 PM
I'm interested in seeing what Madara and Sasuke are doing while this is going on.

TsukiMirage
12th February 2011, 7:05 PM
I want to see what Madara is up to now too. For someone fighting a war, He seems suspiciously absent. I can't help but think this who war for Naruto and Kirabi is simply misdirection and Madara is up to something else.

Sasuke is probably sitting in bed with White Zetsu.

Lorde
13th February 2011, 4:19 AM
I'm interested in seeing what Madara and Sasuke are doing while this is going on.

They're playing checkers, and Madara is winning since Sasuke can't see :p

Seriously though, I bet Madara is going to sneak into Kumogakure and kidnap Bee. Then he'll order White Zetsu to send Sasuke as back-up and Sasuke will fight Naruto and all that good stuff. I don't see Madara actually fighting in this war right off the bat. Rather, I think he'll go ahead and capture Bee himself since there isn't anyone else left, really.

TsukiMirage
13th February 2011, 9:36 AM
I have a feeling that Madara will fight before Sasuke and Naruto does.

BluBoy14
13th February 2011, 10:56 AM
I'm mostly wondering what happened to Yamato. Is he dead or what?

Shadow Lucario
13th February 2011, 3:20 PM

I doubt it. Madara is probably using him for his Mokuton abilities somehow.

Shneak
13th February 2011, 6:33 PM
They're playing checkers, and Madara is winning since Sasuke can't see :p

They're double teaming on the dead Asuma.

Lorde
13th February 2011, 8:15 PM

He's most likely alive. I would hate for him to have died off-screen, anyway. Yamato really is the butt of everyone's jokes, so I hope that he manages to escape Madara's hideout and rejoin the Allied Shinobi Forces, somehow. He's never been in a large fight, and I'd love to see his Wood Release techniques in action (and not just used to build houses).

TsukiMirage
13th February 2011, 9:35 PM
We were told that he needed to be alive to help power up the Zetsus, So unless Madara is doing some spring cleaning, Yamato should still be alive.

LexSuicune
14th February 2011, 5:22 PM
Yamato's too important for them at the moment to be killed off, but I don't think he'll survive the war, in a way I bet his death will be the key to finishing off the Zetsus.

Lorde
14th February 2011, 7:16 PM
Yamato's too important for them at the moment to be killed off, but I don't think he'll survive the war, in a way I bet his death will be the key to finishing off the Zetsus.

The key to finishing the Zetsu army, because they contain some of his DNA or whatever? I suppose that's possible. Kishi does kill off a lot of characters in his manga. While I was upset with some of the deaths, I don't think I'd be too mad if Yamato died for a good cause. Anyway, I was sure that since he was from ANBU, he'd be able to get out of that mess he was in. If not by strength, then by commiting suicide to keep the secrets of his village sort of like how Kisame killed himself to keep Akatsuki's secrets.

TsukiMirage
14th February 2011, 9:53 PM
It's too late for that. Madara already took all the info that Yamato held. So Yamato's only course of action is to go out in a blaze of glory against Sasuke/Zetsu.

KeshanAmare
16th February 2011, 1:07 PM
The key to finishing the Zetsu army, because they contain some of his DNA or whatever? I suppose that's possible. Kishi does kill off a lot of characters in his manga. While I was upset with some of the deaths, I don't think I'd be too mad if Yamato died for a good cause. Anyway, I was sure that since he was from ANBU, he'd be able to get out of that mess he was in. If not by strength, then by commiting suicide to keep the secrets of his village sort of like how Kisame killed himself to keep Akatsuki's secrets.

You have a point there. After all, Yamato was Orochimaru's "guinea pig". So, he probably contains something valuable (1st Hokage's DNA for example). I get a feeling Kabuto will use him somehow, as will Madara.

TsukiMirage
16th February 2011, 4:44 PM
Credits: Ohana, saladesu
Source: 2ch, MH
Verification: confirmed

No info on Hanta (TN: I'm sorry, is there a character called Hanta? I'm forgetful. I think she might be talking about HunterxHunter but I'm not sure). I have only browsed through (the magazine).

Darui realizes that he can't stay silent the whole time either.
So he talks about various things.
He remembers his convo with the Raikage. In that convo, the word "similarity" (ruiji) comes up.
Joining them together he gets the word "Da-rui" (TN: "rui" means type). Right before he gets sucked into the gourd he keeps saying "Sorry, sorry"
Instead of saying "darui" (TN: dull) repeatedly, he says "sorry" instead.
Darui doesn't get sucked into the gourd, he slashes at Ginkaku who then slams into Koukinjou. Darui steals the seven star sword and the gourd.
Ginkaku gets sucked into the gourd.
Kinkaku goes into a rage, and the chapter ends with him turning into Kyuubi-mode. FILLER! I'm having flashbacks of Sora. Still, Kyuubi mode is awesome, So I'll go with it.

Lorde
16th February 2011, 5:53 PM
Oh fudge. While it appears that Darui does something cool in this chapter, I'm hating how Kishi set up these two Cloud brothers. Now it looks as if we'll have another Jinchuriki-esque battle on our hands. Why Kishi? Why give these two guys the power of the Kyuubi when Naruto will be using this same power very soon? I'm disappointed.

uber gon
16th February 2011, 7:43 PM
Oh fudge. While it appears that Darui does something cool in this chapter, I'm hating how Kishi set up these two Cloud brothers. Now it looks as if we'll have another Jinchuriki-esque battle on our hands. Why Kishi? Why give these two guys the power of the Kyuubi when Naruto will be using this same power very soon? I'm disappointed.

Meh, they'll probably suck in comparison to Naruto. And we'll probably get to see some awesome Storm Jutsu at least.

Shneak
16th February 2011, 9:56 PM
I'm not even going to think about what's happening until the chapter comes out. Sounds plot hole-ish.

TsukiMirage
17th February 2011, 2:18 AM
キンカク、尾6本
Kinkaku get six tails.

黒ピカチュウ九尾に変身。
He turn into Kyuubi's shape that looks like a black Pikachuu. More info. So Kinkaku can not just use the Kyuubi cloak, But actually go pretty high with the tails.

Lorde
17th February 2011, 2:21 AM
Six tails eh? Geez, how much chakra did these guys absorb? And a black Pikachu? Is Kishi really resorting to copying designs from other series? Whatever. I just hope that he ends this fight quickly before it turns into a total mess (well, more than it already is). I liked all the other fights so far, but this fight might actually be something I'd expect to see in a Naruto Shippuden filler, not the manga.

uber gon
17th February 2011, 8:31 AM
Six tails eh? Geez, how much chakra did these guys absorb? And a black Pikachu? Is Kishi really resorting to copying designs from other series? Whatever. I just hope that he ends this fight quickly before it turns into a total mess (well, more than it already is). I liked all the other fights so far, but this fight might actually be something I'd expect to see in a Naruto Shippuden filler, not the manga.

Well these guys were inside the Kyuubi for two weeks. I'm more interested on how they got out of the Kyuubi. Maybe they did something that resulted in the Kyuubi becoming a jerk.

Shneak
17th February 2011, 10:05 PM
The brothers having Kyuubi chakra is unnecessary.

LexSuicune
18th February 2011, 2:02 AM
It's redundant, it's what it is.

I'd very much rather on shifting the focus on the rest of the fights, primarily Chiyo vs. Kankuro lol.

Shneak
18th February 2011, 3:54 AM
No, not Kankuro. Sakura needs redemption after she failed to kill Sasuke.

But I guess Kankuro was with her earlier, right?

GaZsTiC
18th February 2011, 4:11 AM
Sakura needs redemption after she failed to kill Sasuke.

Not really. Despite how strong or weak she may be, it is not her role in the story to kill/defeat Sasuke, and so she never stood a chance, in the same way that any character - other than Naruto himself - will ever stand a chance.

But a good win for her would be nice.

uber gon
18th February 2011, 4:46 AM
Not really. Despite how strong or weak she may be, it is not her role in the story to kill/defeat Sasuke, and so she never stood a chance, in the same way that any character - other than Naruto himself - will ever stand a chance.

But a good win for her would be nice.

She has super strength. She could have at least broken some of Sasuke's bones. Or pierce an artery with a bone fragment.

TsukiMirage
18th February 2011, 5:06 AM
The brothers having Kyuubi chakra is unnecessary. Maybe, But this is the prefect opportunity for Kishi to explain how the chakra system works for the Edo summons and whether they can run out or not, Which would more then make up for the random plot additions.

Lorde
18th February 2011, 6:52 PM
The chapter is finally out, and it was pretty good. At least it was better than last week's chapter. Seeing Darui trick the two brothers by having his most used word switch at the last minute was awesome. Though Kinkaku using the Kyuubi's chakra to transform is bad news for Darui's team. I doubt anyone there could defeat a Kyuubi-powered ninja. Anyway, nice to see Kakuzu get a speaking role, even if it was short.

SharpedoX
18th February 2011, 6:55 PM
Nice seeing Kakuzu busy collecting hearts. I wonder who'll end up facing him?

LexSuicune
18th February 2011, 7:26 PM
Nice seeing Kakuzu busy collecting hearts. I wonder who'll end up facing him?

I hope it's HinoShikaChou and they get to finish him off once and for all.

Shneak
18th February 2011, 9:51 PM
Good chapter. I liked the word twist.

Kinkaku is definitely going to kill Darui. He's had a lot of spotlight recently. Maybe Kakuzu will be in the next fight.

uber gon
19th February 2011, 4:10 AM
Now's a good time for some black lightning ownage. Hopefully.

TsukiMirage
19th February 2011, 4:38 AM
Very exciting chapter. Darui shows his stuff and why he's the Raikage's right hand man. It's nice that he acknowledge that he was saved by luck. Looking back, He did say sorry more times then he said dull. It was also nice to see he's able to shoot out a whole lot of beams from his Laser Circus technique. Good to see that Kishi didn't forget to reference that the weapons do indeed require a large amount of chakra. Seeing Kinkaku going six tails was alright, But at least he lack the bones that a real Jinchuuriki would have had. It was also pretty awesome to see what Kakuzu was doing and have him make a remark about Kinkaku. Sounds as if he fought Kinkaku and Ginkaku before and may have even been the one to kill them. It also helps prove that Kinkaku and Ginkaku are from Hashirama's generation.

Lorde
19th February 2011, 6:28 PM
The word twist near the end of the chapter was sort of lame compared to some of the other twists that Kishi has come up with. I am glad that Kishi gave Darui some more back story, though. I didn't know whether he was really that close to the current Raikage or not, but he seems to be one of his favorites. Anyway, I bet the Raikage will show up and defeat Kinkaku since he was in a hurry to get there and since I doubt Darui can win on his own. I don't seen any main characters dying yet, however.

TsukiMirage
19th February 2011, 8:55 PM
Yeah, It looks like someone will have to come in to save Darui considering he must be pretty low on chakra after taking Ginkaku out.

gliscor&yanmega
19th February 2011, 9:36 PM
Zetsus were awesome this chapter, just chilling in the water...playing dead.

I'm hoping Kitsuchi and Shino help Darui out here. I'd like Shino to get some development, and taking down an Edo Tensei is the best way. Darui and Kitschui would keep Kinkaku busy while Shino prepares.

I'd also like Neji and Hinata to join their fathers in the fight for development.

Although I'm hoping we get an update on what's going on everywhere else.

Grovyl
20th February 2011, 2:08 AM
^ I really want Shino to appear too.
Also, I don't get why Darui was about to be sucked into the gourd. Can anyone help me out with that?

gliscor&yanmega
20th February 2011, 2:32 AM
^ I really want Shino to appear too.
Also, I don't get why Darui was about to be sucked into the gourd. Can anyone help me out with that?

Darui said "And I'll" which when spoken comes out as dull, which was his taboo word.

But a better explanation: http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=703675 Just keep in mind that Darui means dull.

Shneak
20th February 2011, 5:30 AM
Say 'dull' out loud, and then say 'and I'll' out loud. And I'll sounds like dull. It's how he said it that was mistaken.

TsukiMirage
20th February 2011, 5:38 AM
The whole word game wasn't meant for and clearly doesn't work in English. I can't wait to see how the editors handle it when the chapter comes stateside.

Shneak
20th February 2011, 5:42 AM
The whole word game wasn't meant for and clearly doesn't work in English. I can't wait to see how the editors handle it when the chapter comes stateside.

It's not bad. It's pushing it, but it works.

GaZsTiC
20th February 2011, 5:52 AM

It was handled pretty well. Sure it isn't an exact translation, but when a weapon like this comes into play, the scanlators will have to do whatever necessary for the plot to flow. I imagine that the official release will be close to, possibly even the same as, the scanlation.

TsukiMirage
20th February 2011, 6:08 AM
It's not the getting it to work part that I see them having a hard time with, It's making it so the English readers understand why it happen. Odds are they'll have to add on to the original ruling something like "soundalike words also count".

Lorde
20th February 2011, 7:06 AM
Zetsus were awesome this chapter

You always say that, despite the fact that Zetsu never does anything. I get that you like his character, but you give him far too much credit :(

I know that it doesn't work well in English, but I can see Viz using the same word play that the scanlators used. Sure, it won't work nearly as good as it did in the Japanese version, but at least it's something. I don't see Viz coming up with anything wittier, so I'm expecting something along the lines of "And I'll" in the official translation.

Glaucous
20th February 2011, 8:23 PM
I want to see who will assist Gaara and Ōnoki in their fight with the resurrected Kages.

7 tyranitars
20th February 2011, 9:47 PM
I want to see that battle so bad lol gaara + onoki vs the previous kages :p

TsukiMirage
20th February 2011, 10:59 PM
I want to see the former Jinchuuriki battle more then the former Kages. They deserve some action for how they've been treated.

Glaucous
20th February 2011, 11:41 PM
Sasuke now has Itachi's eyes. Who's eyes does the resurrected Itachi have?

Crimsonlink
20th February 2011, 11:45 PM

Edo Tensai brings back the body but I'm not sure if it does so completely. There is also Nagato to wonder about since 1 of his eyes in Madara's face.

Glaucous
21st February 2011, 12:20 AM
Edo Tensai brings back the body but I'm not sure if it does so completely. There is also Nagato to wonder about since 1 of his eyes in Madara's face.

Another good question is if Danzo was revived. And where Nagatos's other eye may be.

Grovyl
21st February 2011, 1:12 AM
There is also Nagato to wonder about since 1 of his eyes in Madara's face.
Haha, how you worded that was funny.
I just want to see some action in these chapters. I really want to see Shikamaru whoop some arse. I really want to see everyone learn something new like when they were fighting The Sound Four/Five.

gliscor&yanmega
21st February 2011, 3:54 AM
You always say that, despite the fact that Zetsu never does anything. I get that you like his character, but you give him far too much credit :(

Zetsu does lots of stuff. The White Zetsu Clone Army hasn't done much but I have lots of faith in them.

If it wasn't for the plot Zetsu would be taking over the world right now.

It's pretty much my thing where I always talk about Zetsu and hype him up as the best thing ever.

Shneak
21st February 2011, 4:36 AM
I want to see the former Jinchuuriki battle more then the former Kages. They deserve some action for how they've been treated.

I want to see what the Seven Tails Horned Butterfly can do.

And Edo Tensei brings back a body in it's full form. Itachi still has his eyes. Nagato still has his eyes. The Jinchuuriki hosts still have their repsective beasts.

Lorde
21st February 2011, 4:37 AM

I think Itachi still has his own pair of Sharingan eyes. Sort of like how Pain's bodies each had their own set of eyes despite Nagato owning the original pair.

If it wasn't for the plot Zetsu would be taking over the world right now.

Now that you mention it, I recall Pain saying something about Zetsu's reason for joining Akatsuki being related to "land". I think it was in the anime or something. I remembered that Black Zetsu mentioned being "the land itself" as well. I'm wondering what that's all about. If he does have all these powers under his command, then he should have been able to take over several nations on his own. I wonder if he did own some nation in the past, and is actually trying to get it back with Madara's help.

Crimsonlink
21st February 2011, 6:04 AM
I want to see what the Seven Tails Horned Butterfly can do.

And Edo Tensei brings back a body in it's full form. Itachi still has his eyes. Nagato still has his eyes. The Jinchuuriki hosts still have their repsective beasts.

WUT!!! No way, the Jinchuuriki host cannot have their beasts because they were extracted. The only exception was the 3 tailed beast who was loose in the wild so Yagura does not have his beast for sure. I mean sure Madara can give the beasts back to the hosts but the hosts do not come back with the beasts from the dead. Maybe some of their respective Bijuu's chakra in their system but not the whole beast.

Also if Nagato came back with his eyes intact then can't he just revive himself or something and break out of Kabuto's control?

TsukiMirage
21st February 2011, 10:49 AM
While the Jinchuuriki won't have their actual Bijuu, Kinkaku pretty much shows us that they'll be able to transform and likely have any abilities that they originally had from their Bijuu. So as far as things go, We should still see some awesome Bijuu transformations.

Edo Tensei completely remakes a Edo's body. They don't need their original parts as everything is rebuilt from the ash and possibly materials of the sacrifice. Anyhow, Nagato would need in original body to attempt an revival and Madara has that. Not to mention even if he was revived, He would end up missing an eye.

Shneak
21st February 2011, 7:09 PM
That's what I meant, sorry. They still have their powers.

Lorde
21st February 2011, 7:46 PM
I'm sure that the Jinchuriki will still have their powers. Gaara did keep his powers after the Ichibi was extracted from him, so the other Jinchuriki should also have their old powers. I'd love to see what they can do, but I just hope that Kishi doesn't resort to using the Bijuu cloak all of the time. That would be boring. I want to see the 5-tailed guy's steam ninjutsu and some of the 6-tailed guy's bubble ninjutsu (again).

Glaucous
22nd February 2011, 12:44 AM
The third Tailed Beast was seen in the wild, I look forward to seeing his powers in a shinobi. The Four and Five Tail Jinchuriki should be interesting to see in combat also.

Charminions
22nd February 2011, 12:58 AM
The third Tailed Beast was seen in the wild, I look forward to seeing his powers in a shinobi. The Four and Five Tail Jinchuriki should be interesting to see in combat also.

The 6th Tail Jinchurriki was shown in an anime filler arc. Apparently he blows bubbles.

TsukiMirage
22nd February 2011, 5:57 AM
Utakata uses bubbles and Han uses steam. Those two will really be something to see in battle. But Fuu will be the greatest surprise, Seeing as we have no idea how she fights.

uber gon
22nd February 2011, 9:53 AM
Utakata uses bubbles and Han uses steam. Those two will really be something to see in battle. But Fuu will be the greatest surprise, Seeing as we have no idea how she fights.

Most likely wind jutsu.

TsukiMirage
22nd February 2011, 12:17 PM
I hope not considering that wind element is Shukaku's deal.

Lorde
22nd February 2011, 7:25 PM
I always thought that Fuu used some sort of flower ninjutsu. At least, that's what I've always wanted her to use. She carries some sort of box on her back, so maybe her jutsu involves what's inside that box? I'm just hoping that she doesn't use your typical everyday Wind Release jutsu (or Water Release, since she's from Takigakure).

LexSuicune
22nd February 2011, 7:59 PM
Utakata was pretty amazing in the filler, although we didn't see much of the Six-tailed Slug.

I'm far more interested in the Seven-Tailed Beetle, what do we know of this Kunoichi?

Crimsonlink
22nd February 2011, 9:36 PM
Fu will most likely have super super human strength since Rhino beetles are known for their strength. I think she will be more of an Earth type user than a Water type, heck maybe she can control plant life.

Shneak
22nd February 2011, 10:10 PM
I always think the seven tails would have the fire type jutsu. I don't know why, it kind of reminds me of Volcarona...

Wind is more likely.

Crimsonlink
22nd February 2011, 10:53 PM
Although wind is a possibility, I don't think it would fit the theme for the Rhino Beetle Bijuu.

1 tail uses Sand and Wind, 2 tails uses Blue Fire, 3 tails uses Genjutsu and Water, 4 tails uses Magma, 5 tails uses ?, 6 tails uses Bubbles, 7 tails uses ?, 8 tails uses ? besides ink, and 9 tails uses emotions and has hyper regeneration.

Lorde
22nd February 2011, 10:58 PM
Although wind is a possibility, I don't think it would fit the theme for the Rhino Beetle Bijuu.

1 tail uses Sand and Wind, 2 tails uses Blue Fire, 3 tails uses Genjutsu and Water, 4 tails uses Magma, 5 tails uses ?, 6 tails uses Bubbles, 7 tails uses ?, 8 tails uses ? besides ink, and 9 tails uses emotions and has hyper regeneration.

I think it was confirmed that the 5-tails uses steam ninjutsu. I'm not sure where I heard that, but it might have been revealed in the previous art book or fan book. I also believe that the 8-tails uses Lightning Release, although that isn't 100% confirmed. Should we assume that the abilities of the Bijuu in the anime will be brought over to the manga? The 3-tails knew some wicked stuff in the anime, but I'm not sure if we should expect the same abilities from it in the manga. That's if it ever appears in the manga again, of course.

TsukiMirage
22nd February 2011, 11:32 PM
Fuu could have some sort of flower ability, But that seems like it would be too close to the Mokuton element. Maybe she'll get a new release, Considering some of the other Bijuu gave them to their hots. It would be nice if we could actually get some info on what Takigakure.

Glaucous
23rd February 2011, 1:42 AM
I think it was confirmed that the 5-tails uses steam ninjutsu. I'm not sure where I heard that, but it might have been revealed in the previous art book or fan book. I also believe that the 8-tails uses Lightning Release, although that isn't 100% confirmed. Should we assume that the abilities of the Bijuu in the anime will be brought over to the manga? The 3-tails knew some wicked stuff in the anime, but I'm not sure if we should expect the same abilities from it in the manga. That's if it ever appears in the manga again, of course.

The 5 tails and 8 tails abilities where both confirmed to be what you said.

TsukiMirage
23rd February 2011, 11:55 AM
Naruto 529

Naruto is training with bee. Naruto realizes the abnormality outside.

Word spreads in the HQ that Kinkaku has turned Bijuu. To suppress him, they need the last treasure. That thing (can't read the pot's name... something with "Amber (Kohaku)") is under Raikage's possession. The sacred treasure is sent to the battlefield using telepathy by Raikage's secretary.

Ino, Shikamaru, Chouji joins the battle. Chouji uses Nikudan-sensha on Kinkaku. Shikamaru uses Kagemane on him, but gets pulled because Kinkaku was too strong. Ino uses Shintenshin. Darui calls Kinkaku's name, to which Ino inside Kinkaku responds "YES!". Ino returns to her body. Kinkaku gets pulled into the pot.

Raikage's secretary's name is Mabui (meaning "bright" or "dazzling"... another pun). His jutsu is physical transportation of things at the speed of light. So the Hachibi's sealing pot was the last treasure. Plus we get the secretary's name.

Charminions
23rd February 2011, 4:07 PM
Interesting. Looks like we get to see some InoShikaCho. Haven't seen them fight in a while.

uber gon
23rd February 2011, 5:55 PM
With transportation jutsu like that who needs messenger birds? Seriously that jutsu would make e-mails seem slow.

Lorde
23rd February 2011, 7:20 PM
Transportation jutsu is used to teleport the sealing pot to the battlefield? Geez, that seems almost too simple. If Kumogakure really had those abilities, then why couldn't they defeat Konohagakure during all of thos wars? Anyway, the chapter seems to be a disappointment, since they seal Kinkaku away too quickly after his Kyuubi form was revealed. I really hope that the next fights aren't as miserable.

Shneak
23rd February 2011, 9:56 PM
How the hell did Ino, Shikamaru and Choji even get there? Shikamaru and Choji were with Gaara's division, and Ino was in the Intelligence division. Why did they just decide to go there and fight him?

At least Ino is doing something useful.

gliscor&yanmega
23rd February 2011, 10:05 PM
How the hell did Ino, Shikamaru and Choji even get there? Shikamaru and Choji were with Gaara's division, and Ino was in the Intelligence division. Why did they just decide to go there and fight him?

At least Ino is doing something useful.

Shikaku explained how things were suppose to go down a few chapters ago.

I think part of the plan was have part of Gaara's division to provide back up for Darui's division. Part of Mifune's division(Which Ino is in), also were suppose to go. And part of Kitsuchi's division as well were suppose to go as back up.

So they did what they were meant to do. It would be odd if one forgets what Shikaku explained a few chapters ago though.

Shneak
23rd February 2011, 10:09 PM
Oh.

I feel really stupid now.

(I kind of skimmed through that part. It was boring me. I definitely recall it now.)

gliscor&yanmega
23rd February 2011, 10:11 PM
Oh.

I feel really stupid now.

(I kind of skimmed through that part. It was boring me. I definitely recall it now.)

I think most people forgot it or didn't even read it fully.

On my first read I went over it fast, but then I went back to check what was being said. But it seems Kishi is sticking with that plan.

EDIT: Also, the chapter should be out soon, One Piece and Bleach have been out for a little while now.

7 tyranitars
23rd February 2011, 10:25 PM
naruto is always later then one piece/bleach, with a bit of luck I can still read it today (22:25 here atm)

GaZsTiC
24th February 2011, 4:13 AM
Ok chapter. It was nice to see Ino, Shikamaru and Choji, and Darui has improved as a character quite a lot these past few chapters - I actually kinda like him. Also, Asuma is fighting next week. ;__;

Shadow Lucario
24th February 2011, 4:35 AM
Ok chapter. It was nice to see Ino, Shikamaru and Choji, and Darui has improved as a character quite a lot these past few chapters - I actually kinda like him. Also, Asuma is fighting next week. ;__;

So what happened to no personality? :P

GaZsTiC
24th February 2011, 5:09 AM
So what happened to no personality? :P

It became some personality. I like how he's not just an apathetic character, showing his reliability and loyalty to the Raikage.

TsukiMirage
24th February 2011, 5:37 AM
Alright chapter. Naruto senses something and we see Kinkaku devastate Darui's division. I gotta question why they would even have such an old ninja on the field, But at least he clears up exactly how Kinkaku and Ginkaku got the Kyuubi's chakra. We finally learns Mabui's name and she why she's the Raikage's assistant. But the best part was Tenten acting like a commentator and Ino actually proving useful at something. Shame that Kinkaku got taken out, But at least it required the work of four divisions to do it. Asuma vs Shikamaru will be interesting next chapter.

Lorde
24th February 2011, 6:06 AM
I really hope that Naruto has figured out what's actually happening. I want him to go out and help a bit before he has to battle it out with Sasuke. Anyway, the chapter was rushed in the extreme, but Kishi managed to do so while still keeping the story interesting. I liked seeing Ino, Choji, and Shikamaru working together again and Darui's little speech about cooper at the end was cool. I really hope that Asuma will be fighting in the next chapter.

uber gon
24th February 2011, 8:37 AM
No wonder the Kyuubi is so angry, having something eat the inside of your stomache must hurt.

Crimsonlink
24th February 2011, 10:12 AM
I'm very upset at how Kishi explained Ginkaku's power. I mean eating the Meat Chakra? I just felt that it wasn't good enough but w/e at least it is over with. Now hopefully we can move on to better battles like Garaa vs his dad and other fights.

Also I'm kinda happy that Naruto is almost done with his new Rasengan but I wish he felt all the negative energy from the war and realized he needs to hurry up.

I think Kishi needs to make a huge Bijuu battle between the 7 dead containers vs Bee and Naruto, that would be sick.

7 tyranitars
24th February 2011, 7:19 PM
it seems asuma will play a role in the next chapter it was also sort of cool how asuma noticed shika-cho-ino :P

LexSuicune
24th February 2011, 7:28 PM
I don't know if I can take Asuma-sensei's death all over again :(

Lorde
24th February 2011, 7:39 PM
Watch Naruto get captured the minute he leaves to aide in the war haha. Anyway, I thought that the whole chakra meat thing was odd. I thought that the whole "eating the Hachibi's tail" thing was even weirder. I'm just glad that those two Kumogakure ninja are sealed for the time being. It looks like the other revived Edo Tensei ninja are going to be sealed using that special fan that Darui has.

Crimsonlink
24th February 2011, 9:23 PM
Today in Naruto Shipudden anime, you can see Naruto lose all his dignity and shred any sort of pride he has when he bows and starts bawling his eyes out...

Sorry but I couldn't help it after watching the episode today and wonder, why hasn't Sasuke killed you (Naruto) yet?

Shneak
24th February 2011, 10:04 PM
Alright chapter, at least it's over with. Naruto noticed the disturbance in chakra. I wonder if it will happen again with the other zombie host. Ino-Shika-Cho walked in and got it done. Hurray for Ino actually taking somebody out! Kishi is teasing me by using Tenten as a commentator. This is the best chance to give her some development and you're wasting it. We know more about death fodder than her. Now Shikamaru is going to hog the spotlight.

I guess next week we have Cell 10 vs. Asuma. Probably a talk with him.

TsukiMirage
25th February 2011, 1:14 AM
I'm very upset at how Kishi explained Ginkaku's power. I mean eating the Meat Chakra? I just felt that it wasn't good enough but w/e at least it is over with. Well to be fair, At least it's not out of left field like them simply sitting inside the Kyuubi and just gaining it's chakra. Plus, We have actually seen the Kyuubi has muscles and stuff, So taking it's meat isn't too strange.

Honestly, I'm sure Kishi could have done it better, but I can't think of how.

Lorde
25th February 2011, 4:16 AM
Well to be fair, At least it's not out of left field like them simply sitting inside the Kyuubi and just gaining it's chakra. Plus, We have actually seen the Kyuubi has muscles and stuff, So taking it's meat isn't too strange.

The way you explained it made sense, but I laughed at that last part :p

Anyway, I'm hoping that Kishi moves away from the Kyuubi for the time being. I used to love the beast a long time ago but ever since we started get new information on it, things haven't been the same. The Kyuubi just seems weaker as the story moves on. I mean, there were people inside of its stomach, and they survived. That's just as odd as it gets.

Rashdan
25th February 2011, 4:54 AM
It's not that the Kyuubi is getting weaker, it's just that we're hearing about more legendary ninja who are actually capable of going toe-to-toe with it - in a sense.

Not to mention the Kyuubi sealed inside Naruto is half of what it's capable of, so that's another factor to consider. Half of the Kyuubi is forever sealed away.

smashlloyd20
25th February 2011, 5:38 AM
Honestly, Naruto needs to do something. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd actually want Kishi to focus on him, but he can't sit training and be stupid forever. We all know he's stupid but I think Kishi is going a little overboard here.

Grovyl
25th February 2011, 6:40 AM
I don't know if I can take Asuma-sensei's death all over again :(
I know what you mean! Asuma was my second favorite character, Shikamaru being my first, and his first death was enough for me. Now Shikamaru is going to have to experience it a second time, although I'll be right along side him.:]
I didn't like this new chapter too much. It went by too quick and I didn't like the amber pot being just like the gourd, and especially since it has to do with words as well, although it is changed up a bit. I really do like Shikamaru and Chouji making an appearance. It was also nice to see Ino too:]

uber gon
25th February 2011, 5:13 PM
Honestly, Naruto needs to do something. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd actually want Kishi to focus on him, but he can't sit training and be stupid forever. We all know he's stupid but I think Kishi is going a little overboard here.

It'll make his future fights awesome at least. Wonder if we'll ever get to see some of those Rasengan that he used against the Kyuubi in his mind used in the real world? That would be some serious overkill.

Shneak
25th February 2011, 9:52 PM

Is he stupid because he doesn't know about the war? Most people don't have an omen saying 'Hey, there's suddenly a war going on in a distant country.'

smashlloyd20
25th February 2011, 10:02 PM
Well, he does get some kind of signal thing when he's training.

GaZsTiC
25th February 2011, 10:04 PM
Well, he does get some kind of signal thing when he's training.

That was only a fluctuation in the Kyuubi's chakra. How could that possibly indicate that there's a war occuring?

Crimsonlink
25th February 2011, 10:49 PM
Is he stupid because he doesn't know about the war? Most people don't have an omen saying 'Hey, there's suddenly a war going on in a distant country.'

About 10 chapter ago we found out that Naruto can sense Negative Emotions in his super sayain form, now I'm sure War can bring up a ton of that so Naruto can sense it. Also Yamato is not there anymore so that is plenty warning. So is Naruto stupid? YES! very much so IMO. Freaking land turtle flips over and he dismissed it.

smashlloyd20
26th February 2011, 12:12 AM
That was only a fluctuation in the Kyuubi's chakra. How could that possibly indicate that there's a war occuring?

Whoops, sorry. But as above poster said he can feel negative emotions, Yamato is gone, FREAKING TURTLE FLIPPED OVER, etc. He's not THAT stupid.

GaZsTiC
26th February 2011, 12:18 AM
He's not THAT stupid.

Yes. He is.

Don't like it? Nobody does. But most people got over it a few hundred chapters ago.

Lorde
26th February 2011, 2:07 AM
I like how Naruto switches between being totally stupid, to being somewhat clever. I thought his use of Nagato's chakra rod during the fight with Pain was quite clever. Anyway, I hope he uses his brain again to try and figure out what's going on outside. I'm tried of seeing minor fights and I want to move on to the major stuff. This whole war started out being kind of interesting, but now things have gotten boring.

smashlloyd20
26th February 2011, 2:55 AM
I agree. The annoying part is that sometimes Naruto is fairly smart and sometimes he's a total dimwit (like now). I just want him to get out there and kick some butt.

TsukiMirage
26th February 2011, 3:31 AM
Considering Naruto was told the whole situation with Madara and Sasuke, Yet he basically plans on returning to Konoha to wait for Sasuke instead of attempting to eliminate the threat that is Madara for what he has done and has yet to clue in that something is going on... yes, He's stupid. Naruto may be quite clever in battle, But outside fighting he's very lacking.

Shneak
26th February 2011, 4:59 AM
His intelligence and personality have improved greatly from the time skip though.

Anyway, I wouldn't say the war is boring, because the chapters are good. I think it's the characters in the fights. Usually if the characters are more familiar, I like it more.

TsukiMirage
26th February 2011, 9:00 AM
I actually prefer the current fights showcasing the strong characters of the other villages. I just wish some of the lesser villages got some time to shine.

LexSuicune
26th February 2011, 7:09 PM
I am absolutely content with the lack of Naruto, we all know once his time comes he'll take over the manga completely.

Lorde
26th February 2011, 8:14 PM
we all know once his time comes he'll take over the manga completely.

Yeah I know, which is what I liked about the first part of the manga. Naruto may not be an interesting character all of the time, but I like watching him fight because he always manages to come up with a clever way to win his fights. Well, apart from that time when he farted and Kiba almost gagged, but you know what I mean. I can't help but root for Naruto since he's always been the underdog.

smashlloyd20
27th February 2011, 1:33 AM
You must be joking. Naruto winning a fight by farting was the single greatest moment in the manga, ever.

Charminions
27th February 2011, 2:02 AM
It's going to be a while until Naruto gets to fight. Everyone else still has to have their fight. We still haven't seen some popular characters like Itachi fight yet.

smashlloyd20
27th February 2011, 2:51 AM
Then give Naruto something to do at least, like beating up on the Zetsus first.

GaZsTiC
27th February 2011, 2:54 AM
Chances are that Naruto won't be fighting for at least ~20 chapters.

TsukiMirage
27th February 2011, 7:48 AM
Naruto will continue to train til it's time for his fight with Sasuke. that's just how Kishi treats him. Training then a single battle to show off that training.

3lmi
27th February 2011, 8:47 AM
I very curious about Sasuke and what he thinks about the war.

It's getting more interesting each chapter. Asuma vs Shikamaru was very predictable.

Lorde
27th February 2011, 7:23 PM
I very curious about Sasuke and what he thinks about the war.

It's getting more interesting each chapter. Asuma vs Shikamaru was very predictable.

Sasuke wouldn't care about the war. He just wants his revenge against Konoha so he'd take the easiest route there. And I wasn't expecting Shikamaru to fight Asuma. I was hoping that Kishi would make him fight someone else so that things wouldn't seem repetitive :x

LexSuicune
27th February 2011, 7:27 PM
Who else would be fitting fighting Asuma?

I think Shikamaru being his student and heir of the will of fire is a perfect match.

Glaucous
27th February 2011, 7:44 PM
I feel like Asuma is going to give up easily. A short fight followed by a long speech, then a peaceful death. (or whatever its called for those revived) Thats what I predict.

I do hope someone else fights him aside from Shikamru. All of these fights are becoming predictable.

TsukiMirage
28th February 2011, 4:53 AM
While I don't like either character much, It could turn into a good battle as long as they don't pull the heart to heart thing again. Shikamaru and Asuma know each others abilities, So it'll be nice to see how they counter with each other.

uber gon
28th February 2011, 9:05 AM
Wonder if Sage Naruto will use that Odama Rasengan anytime soon? That technique was awesome.

Lorde
28th February 2011, 9:08 AM
While I don't like either character much, It could turn into a good battle as long as they don't pull the heart to heart thing again. Shikamaru and Asuma know each others abilities, So it'll be nice to see how they counter with each other.

I have a feeling that Shikamaru would win that battle almost too easily. I've always seen Shikamaru's abilities as being too powerful, and I'm sure that Kishi will continue to show off Shikamaru's abilities throughout this war. I wonder if Ino and Choji will get involved, though. That would be interesting. Those two almost never get any fights, so seeing theme actually do something would be nice, IMO.

And yes, I'd love to see Sage Mode Naruto use more Rasengans.

Crimsonlink
28th February 2011, 9:23 PM
I think that Sage mode was really a last minute gimmick that Kishi thought of to get Naruto on Pain/Sasuke's level. Heck the only things Naruto learned in the mountains was Taijutsu, Sage mode and how to throw his RasenShuriken hence now Naruto is having another training session.... on 1 move....

Anyways his new super sayain mode will replace Sage mode most likely unless Kishi combines both modes together or something.

Also if Naruto is so good at turning people good then why does he not attempt it with Kyuubi? Bee did it with 8 tails and even though Kyuubi is more evil than the 8 tails Naruto should still be able to convince Kyuubi to work with him if only to wipe out the Uchiha clan.

TsukiMirage
28th February 2011, 9:51 PM
Sage Mode was definitely a last minute thing. Or at least Naruto getting it. The Kyuubi probably can't be turned because it knows hat a hypocrite Nauto is.

Shneak
28th February 2011, 10:09 PM
I have a feeling that Shikamaru would win that battle almost too easily. I've always seen Shikamaru's abilities as being too powerful, and I'm sure that Kishi will continue to show off Shikamaru's abilities throughout this war.

I almost think he's not powerful enough. He either doesn't have much chakra or it drains too fast. His brains really help him out.

Charminions
28th February 2011, 11:50 PM
I have a feeling that Shikamaru would win that battle almost too easily. I've always seen Shikamaru's abilities as being too powerful, and I'm sure that Kishi will continue to show off Shikamaru's abilities throughout this war.

He's not powerful, just super smart. Which is very helpful but I wouldn't consider him a huge threat to Madara and his army.

Lorde
28th February 2011, 11:54 PM
Also if Naruto is so good at turning people good then why does he not attempt it with Kyuubi? Bee did it with 8 tails and even though Kyuubi is more evil than the 8 tails Naruto should still be able to convince Kyuubi to work with him if only to wipe out the Uchiha clan.

I wish Naruto and the Kyuubi would team up for the fight against Sasuke, but the Kyuubi just can't be tamed. He's too stubborn and he won't listen to humans. Not that I blame him, however. I mean, two guys ate the flesh from his stomach, he was manipulated by Madara, he was sealed inside two woman, he was manipulated by Madara again, and then he was sealed inside a baby. If I was the Kyuubi, I'd be pretty upset as well.

He's not powerful, just super smart.

But knowledge is power ;)

Charminions
1st March 2011, 12:15 AM
But knowledge is power ;)

No, sharingan spam is power.

Grovyl
1st March 2011, 1:37 AM
I wish Naruto and the Kyuubi would team up for the fight against Sasuke, but the Kyuubi just can't be tamed. He's too stubborn and he won't listen to humans. Not that I blame him, however. I mean, two guys ate the flesh from his stomach, he was manipulated by Madara, he was sealed inside two woman, he was manipulated by Madara again, and then he was sealed inside a baby. If I was the Kyuubi, I'd be pretty upset as well.
I agree, but doesn't he know how awesomely awesome Naruto is? Naruto won't hurt him or do anything negative unless he has to! I think there is a slim possibility that Naruto can tame him.

Shneak
1st March 2011, 2:19 AM
Naruto and the Kyuubi hate each other, but I don't think the Kyuubi is too fond of Madara. So maybe.

Glaucous
1st March 2011, 2:57 AM
He's not powerful, just super smart. Which is very helpful but I wouldn't consider him a huge threat to Madara and his army.

Unless he was a strategist like his father.

multi-scale
1st March 2011, 3:44 AM
i'm wondering if naruto can't transform into the 9 tails because half of it is sealed with minato. i am expecting kabuto to summon kushina to fight naruto if he ever realizes there's a war going on.

Shadow Lucario
1st March 2011, 3:46 AM
I don't think Sage Mode was last minute. Jiraiya had it so it would be necessary for Naruto to surpass him. Not only that but his Taijutsu skills were lacking and he wasn't even remotely good at breaking Genjutsu so Kishi killed two birds with one stone.

Lorde
1st March 2011, 9:43 PM
I agree, but doesn't he know how awesomely awesome Naruto is? Naruto won't hurt him or do anything negative unless he has to! I think there is a slim possibility that Naruto can tame him.

The Kyuubi tried to kill Naruto's parents; I don't think Naruto could easily forgive that. Also, the Kyuubi is just a troll. He'll just keep resisting Naruto and Naruto will have to find a way to fight without the Kyuubi's help (which is what he's learning right now). Kishi could easily have Naruto tame the Kyuubi since he's the author, but it would be a total waste since he's made the Kyuubi out to be a stubborn jerk this whole time.

TsukiMirage
2nd March 2011, 2:24 AM
There's no real need for Naruto to learn to fight along side the Kyuubi this late in the game. Odds are by the time Naruto even got that far, It'll be time for it to be taken from him by Madara.

Crimsonlink
2nd March 2011, 2:30 AM
There's no real need for Naruto to learn to fight along side the Kyuubi this late in the game. Odds are by the time Naruto even got that far, It'll be time for it to be taken from him by Madara.

lolz This made me crack up. I was reading the chapter where Naruto was training to make the Bijuu ball and I remember 8 tails saying that Kyuubi could take Naruto's chakra if he used Kage Bunshin. All I was thinking at that moment is, "would Sasuke get such a crippling limitation for his Eternal Sharingan?" right before I smacked myself for being an idiot for thinking that. The answer is... of course not the Sharingan is haxxed to the max anyways.

BTW $5 that Naruto beats Sasuke with a Rasengan while crying, any takers?

uber gon
2nd March 2011, 2:51 AM
lolz This made me crack up. I was reading the chapter where Naruto was training to make the Bijuu ball and I remember 8 tails saying that Kyuubi could take Naruto's chakra if he used Kage Bunshin. All I was thinking at that moment is, "would Sasuke get such a crippling limitation for his Eternal Sharingan?" right before I smacked myself for being an idiot for thinking that. The answer is... of course not the Sharingan is haxxed to the max anyways.

I say beat Sasuke's *** with the Rasenshuriken to the nutsack.

Lorde
2nd March 2011, 5:24 AM

Haha, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened. Kishi loves tears so I can totally see Naruto crying as he defeats Sasuke in their final battle. I really hope the rest of the battle is good, though. I want to see Sasuke lose, but I want some creativity during the fight. I think Sasuke would have the upper hand in the beginning, and then Naruto would get a grip and defeat Sasuke with some new jutsu.

TsukiMirage
2nd March 2011, 11:22 AM
BTW $5 that Naruto beats Sasuke with a Rasengan while crying, any takers? That's... a sucker's bet.

Anyway, Some spoiler pics are out.
http://img12.imagevenue.com/loc440/th_054206385_001_122_440lo.jpghttp://img127.imagevenue.com/loc216/th_054230513_012_122_216lo.jpghttp://img220.imagevenue.com/loc827/th_054237571_017_122_827lo.jpg

The chapter's called "Chōji's Determination/Decision". Mifune encounters Hanzo at the end.

gliscor&yanmega
2nd March 2011, 2:36 PM
Translation of the pages:
chap530: choji's determination

http://img12.imagevenue.com/loc440/th_054206385_001_122_440lo.jpg
caption "Darui unit has sealed kinkaku and ginkaku....however!!"

Ino: for (a guy) being scared the crap, Good job, choji!
Choji ...i feel ive lost weight radically with a cold sweat
Shikamaru: a feeling is ok
No worries, youre the same old you.

Shikaku: As planned!
Inoichi:You've gained better control of the speed and the release of shintenshin...
Ino
Choza: well done choji!
Kituchi: from the 6th squad to the 10th, take the injured to the support
The rest, follow me!!

http://img208.imagevenue.com/loc9/th_054344244_008_122_9lo.jpg
Kotetu: I 'owe' you...
you're not forgetting that are you, *hijiki(black algae) bastard
kakuzu: im afraid i don't remember an opponent that doesn't make money...
Izumo: they say money talks even in the hell but...
can i ask you if it talked after you died?

http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/12177/951c7b121767060.jpg

Shika: Senpai!
Ino: Izumo san, Kotetsu san!
Izumo:Shikamaru! Chozi, Ino!
We work together to seal him!!
Ino: Alrighty!
Choji: Yep!!
Izumo and kotetsu:!
Shikaku: Izumo, kotetsu, we leave kakuzu to you and darui.

http://img127.imagevenue.com/loc216/th_054230513_012_122_216lo.jpg

Ino: Choji...
the last words of asuma sensei...
Do you remember?

asuma: Choji... youre... a kindhearted guy who cares his fellows...
Thats why.... you can be a strong shinobi more than anyone else...
be more confident... in yourself...

asuma: you're although strongwilled...a girl who takes good care of(/is attentive to) others...
choji and shikamaru...as they are both clumsy...
i count on you...

http://img220.imagevenue.com/loc827/th_054237571_017_122_827lo.jpg

Kankuro: gasp......(with my body being numb...)
Mifune: i reckon you're Hanzo-dono(sir),
this little man right here is president of samurais, namely mifune,
Id like to have a match with you!

end caption "Shinobi vs samurai, masters fight!!"

Seems like an interesting chapter to me.

Locormus
2nd March 2011, 5:50 PM
Hmmmm so Hanzou gets to battle against Mifune. Makes sense for such a character who we've known to be very strong to battle against one of the generals.

Kakuzu left to Izumo and Kotetsu? And Darui, but he's depleted of chakra..

Also, not mentioned here yet, there's Hyashi and Hyzashi's fight and apparently they're using some hidden jutsu causing a whirlpool of Chakra. Neji and Hinata see this as well as Ao, as their fight has taken them to a secluded place where noone witout the use of a Byakugan can see them...

LexSuicune
2nd March 2011, 6:33 PM
Who's fighting against Kankuro?

gliscor&yanmega
2nd March 2011, 6:46 PM
Also, not mentioned here yet, there's Hyashi and Hyzashi's fight and apparently they're using some hidden jutsu causing a whirlpool of Chakra. Neji and Hinata see this as well as Ao, as their fight has taken them to a secluded place where noone witout the use of a Byakugan can see them...

I've not seen that anywhere, where did you find that?

Who's fighting against Kankuro?

Hanzou was, but Hanzou's Salamander poison him and the others or something and Mifune jumped in to save them.

Speaking of which, more stuff:

435 名前: ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/03/02(水) 22:38:53.17 ID:YmOZAb2kO
530 チョウジの決意
ヒヤヒヤしながらも戦え倒せたことを褒め合うイノシカチョウ
イノシカチョウパパ我が子絶賛
ダルイバショウセン探す
イノシカチョウカクズ見つける
カクズ ヒダンが転生されてないから生きてると気づく。
カクズ4つの心臓から化け物だす。カクズその他の忍の説明。
加藤ダン サルトビアスマ
イノシカチョウ アスマがいるのにビックリ
チョウジパパvsダン
カクズ背後から、イズモとコテツが鎖で縛る
シカク、テレパシーでイズモ達にカクズはダルイと一緒にイズモ達で倒せ。アスマはシカマル達に やらせると。
シカマルはやる気満々。チョウジはもどもど… チョウザに怒鳴られるチョウジ
イノ、チョウジにアスマの最期を思い出して!と。

カンクロウ達、烏にデイダラ入れ連れて逃げる。
キミマロ、ジャグミング男、チヨ馬亜、半蔵、木を飛び飛び。
半蔵口寄せ。口寄せ動物が毒霧を吐く。
カンクロウ達に、毒霧が…
半蔵、カンクロウに切り掛かると、半蔵の鎌をとめミフネあらわる!
終わり。サーセイ★

530 choji's determination
ino shika cho commend each other for having fought and defeated the enemy although in a cold sweat.
ino shika cho papas extol their kids
darui looks for Basho-sen(the fan)
Inoshikacho find kakuzu.
kakuzu realizes that hizan is still alive for he's not been tenseid
kakuzu takes monsters out of the 4 hearts.
Explainations of(/coments on) kakuzu and other shinobis(/kakuzus comments on other shinobis).
dan kato and asuma sarutobi
inoshikacho are supervised to see asuma being there.
choji's papa vs Dan
from the behind izumo and kotetsu bind kakuzu with chains.
shikaku via telepathy tells izumo and kotetsu to down kakuzu with darui. And that they will have shikamaru and co fight Asuma.
shikamaru is in high spirits. choji gets the fidgets...to get yelled at by choza
Ino tells choji to remember asumas last words.

kankro n co get away carrying daydara in a raven
kimimaro, the jamming man(chukichi), lady chiyo and hanzo flying from tree to tree
hanzo does his summon. The summoned animal breathe out poisonous mist
the poisonous vapour catches kankro and co...
when hanzo strikes at kankro, stopping the scythe Mifune enters !
the end of the chap sir-say★

EDIT: Chapter should be fully translated soon. It's up for viewing but it's not in English yet.

Locormus
2nd March 2011, 7:18 PM
I've not seen that anywhere, where did you find that?

EDIT: Chapter should be fully translated soon. It's up for viewing but it's not in English yet.

Whooops my bad, it was actually someones prediction, along with the real title of the chapter..

I'm excited for this chapter, I hope it's better then Bleach was this week...

Lorde
2nd March 2011, 8:13 PM
Kakuzu seems to be fighting eh? I never really liked him but at least we're moving on to better fights. Mifune seems to be fighting Hanzo, which is awesome since both characters are mysterious. I'd love to see what both of them can do on the battlefield. I was hoping that we'd see Madara soon, but we'll probably have to get these small fights over with first.

Locormus
2nd March 2011, 8:27 PM
Kakuzu seems to be fighting eh? I never really liked him but at least we're moving on to better fights. Mifune seems to be fighting Hanzo, which is awesome since both characters are mysterious. I'd love to see what both of them can do on the battlefield. I was hoping that we'd see Madara soon, but we'll probably have to get these small fights over with first.

I don't see how you can call Ino-Shika-Cho vs. Asuma a small battle.. Neither is Chiyo vs. Kankuro (most likely to happen), and then we have Mifune vs. Hanzou, Gaara and Onoki vs. Gaara's dad and Onoki's teacher, the Third Raikage and the Second Mizukage doing something, and of course: Kakashi vs. Seven Ninja Swordmen...

But yeah, in the grand scheme of things, battles like Kakuzu vs. Izumo and Kotetsu would seem like small battles.. Lets just hope the Jinchuriki, Kages and the better Akatsuki (Nagato, Itachi) show their faces in battle soon.

And of course, then we have Madara to consider.. But I agree that these battles feel as if we're just wasting time in order to get to the main course, but that doesn't imply that they're just small battles.. I mean Kankuro is facing the best puppeteer in history.. and along with that he has to watch out for Kimimaro as well, Orochimaru's protegé pre-Sasuke, and Hanzou's poison..

But then again, Mifune is taking care of Hanzou, and Lee/Gai will probably begin fighting against Kimimaro at some point.

gliscor&yanmega
2nd March 2011, 8:28 PM
Chapter is out.

Lorde
2nd March 2011, 9:57 PM
Ah, the chapter was just what I had expected it to be. The story is slowly progressing, but it's chapter like these that make me impatient. I was sort of disappointed that Kankuro's squad were all so easily weakened. I get that poison gas would be rather effective in stopping an enemy's movements, but I would have expected Kankuro to have an antidote since his puppets use poison gas as well (well, one of them does, at least). Overall, a decent chapter, but nothing to go crazy over.

Shneak
2nd March 2011, 9:57 PM
^ I was just going to say this all sounds confusing.

I'll read it now.

Elite Four Muadita
2nd March 2011, 10:21 PM
how can he have an antidote if he doesnt know what poison was used on him? this is not like pokemon where one antidote cures every type of poison :P

anyways... i liked the chapter... i want to see hanzou in action as well as Dan and his ghost mode...

Shneak
2nd March 2011, 10:32 PM
I liked it. It was a set-up chapter for many battles.

I hope Kakuzu doesn't go down easily. He's one of my favorite characters.

Ino-Shika-Cho versus Asuma should be good now. I really like what Ino is becoming in this arc.

Hanzo versus Mifune will be interesting. I want to see what both of them can do.

And of course, Tenten not doing anything.

gliscor&yanmega
2nd March 2011, 10:57 PM
And of course, Tenten not doing anything.

A lot of speculation that Tenten found the Banana Fan going around. So Kishi may be setting something up for her. But honestly I rather she just stay useless like always, never cared for her at all. Oh well, development is good even for characters you hate...I guess.

TsukiMirage
2nd March 2011, 11:02 PM
Pretty interesting chapter. I like Kakuzu talking it up with Shikamaru and co and later Izuma and Kotetsu. It was also nice to see that Kakuzu had spent his time collecting the hearts he needed. Plus we finally learn Dan's last name. It's pretty amusing to see Dan fighting for control and even telling Chouza how to defeat him. But I actually want to see this "Ghost Transformation" technique Dan has. Nice to see the new Ino-Shika-Chou development to fight against their former teacher.

Kimimaro was precious and Chiyo was being pretty funny. But the most intriguing thing about this chapter was Hanzou and him summoning his salamander. Seems clear why he wears a mask now. While I don't think Mifune should really be able to match up, I hope we get a pretty good battle between the two. Anyhow, The best part of this whole chapter was Tenten getting the Palm Fan. Now she can really show her stuff.

Lorde
2nd March 2011, 11:09 PM
how can he have an antidote if he doesnt know what poison was used on him?

How did Sai's brother know that his brother was named "Sai", when the name was given to him just for the sake of the Sasuke mission at the start of Part 2? Things in this manga don't always make sense, so I wouldn't have been surprised if one of Kankuro's antidotes had worked for that salamander's poison gas. I just think that Kankuro and his squad went down too easily.

Crimsonlink
2nd March 2011, 11:26 PM
Good chapter, I was a bit disappointed that Dan's last name isn't Namikaze but w/e. I'm also interested in the Ghost Transformation tech that Dan has but I'm not sure we will see it. I hope Asuma has more tricks than what he used against the Zombie bros back then but over all just have to wait for next week before getting to the good stuff.

Charminions
2nd March 2011, 11:33 PM
How did Sai's brother know that his brother was named "Sai", when the name was given to him just for the sake of the Sasuke mission at the start of Part 2? Things in this manga don't always make sense, so I wouldn't have been surprised if one of Kankuro's antidotes had worked for that salamander's poison gas. I just think that Kankuro and his squad went down too easily.

Kankuro's squad already had their fight so I guess Kishi wants to push them off so others can get their fight.

TsukiMirage
2nd March 2011, 11:51 PM
Does Kankuro even use antidotes? He didn't attempt to use any when he was poisoned by Sasori and he would have stood a better change of having an antidote to that then the salamander's poison.

uber gon
3rd March 2011, 4:19 PM
Guess Ino gets to be the team mom in her squad, more or less.

LexSuicune
3rd March 2011, 5:46 PM
I would assume after he almost died against Sasori's poison he'd be using antidotes now, we'll see.

TsukiMirage
3rd March 2011, 7:34 PM
Maybe Kankuro didn't see the need since Sasori ended up dying soon afterwards. Anyway, I'm growing interested in seeing exactly what Dan can do.

Lorde
3rd March 2011, 7:41 PM
Dan's ability was something related to "ghosts" if I read the chapter correctly. I'm going to seriously rage if his ability is just a carbon-copy of Madara's ability to phase through solid objects lol.

Anyway, I wonder if the Kyuubi would want to get captured and sealed by Akatsuki. It hates being inside Naruto, so maybe it would think being sealed would be a better fate. He could probably attempt to escape from that sealing statue during the sealing ritual or something.

GaZsTiC
3rd March 2011, 7:45 PM
It hates being inside Naruto

It hates being sealed inside a person, period. And from what we've seen, the Kyuubi doesn't particularly dislike Naruto any more - he would just rather be out destroying countries and mass murdering.

SharpedoX
3rd March 2011, 9:26 PM
Nice seeing Hidan being mentioned after all this time.

I shudder at how Kakuzu wil be taken down with him being immortal, having those 5 hearts and whatnot. And it also appears Darui keeps the Seven-Star Sword, hm. The other treasure, the Banana Fan might play its part later, I reckon.

Shneak
3rd March 2011, 10:26 PM
A lot of speculation that Tenten found the Banana Fan going around. So Kishi may be setting something up for her. But honestly I rather she just stay useless like always, never cared for her at all. Oh well, development is good even for characters you hate...I guess.

That would be awesome, but I doubt it. Doesn't the thing steal a huge amount of chakra?

Whatever. It's a weapon. FIND IT.

Crimsonlink
3rd March 2011, 10:50 PM
Well now the Naruto anime is going to get good with Sasuke turning all Psycho on us soon while Bleach and One Piece are going to go downhill in the anime IMO. (One will have fillers and the latter is going to a very boring arc IMO.)

Anyways so far Sai, Kankuro, Darui, Omoi and some other nameless people have shined in battle so they are out of the way. Now there is only about 20 something battles to go so that every Konoha Eleven plus their friends and new characters introduced gets to shine. Team 10 looks like they are next to finish which should knock the number of people down to team 8, half of team 7, team Guy, Sand Siblings and the Kages if they fight.

Lorde
3rd March 2011, 11:31 PM
I totally overlooked that part where Kakuzu mentioned Hidan still being alive. I'm almost positive that Kishi will bring him back. I didn't really like Hidan since his abilities seemed almost too powerful, but at least seeing him again would be good for a laugh or two. I'm wondering if the next chapter will focus on Mifune versus Hanzo or if it'll switch back to the fight against Asuma, Dan, and Kakuzu.

Shneak
4th March 2011, 1:19 AM
I totally overlooked that part where Kakuzu mentioned Hidan still being alive. I'm almost positive that Kishi will bring him back. I didn't really like Hidan since his abilities seemed almost too powerful, but at least seeing him again would be good for a laugh or two. I'm wondering if the next chapter will focus on Mifune versus Hanzo or if it'll switch back to the fight against Asuma, Dan, and Kakuzu.

Hidan would probably be thinner than Nagato by now.

I think the next chapter will be Hanzo vs Mifune. It will be fast.

If any of you's liked Zetsu invading the Kage Summit meeting in the manga, the anime aired it today and it's great animated. Dramatic music and Zetsu ridiculous voice. Probably one of my favorite scenes.

GaZsTiC
4th March 2011, 2:35 AM
I totally overlooked that part where Kakuzu mentioned Hidan still being alive. I'm almost positive that Kishi will bring him back.

Hopefully not for the war. It would be a good way to round off Shikamaru's character just before the manga ends (if it ever ends).

Deicario
4th March 2011, 1:20 PM
Just putting my five cents in, I think Tenten will most likely face Kakuzu if she actually does have the Banana Fan (which seems likely).
This is because Darui having two matches seems unlikely, even with Kotetsu and Izumo helping out.
Also, the fact that Kakuzu can use all the Nature types, and Tenten also would be able to with the fan, makes this theory stronger.

SharpedoX
4th March 2011, 6:32 PM
Why is suddenly everyone rooting for Tenten to have the Banana Fan?

I mean, it would be great for the character's own development but maybe we may be in for a disappointment.

TsukiMirage
4th March 2011, 6:36 PM
It could be that Kishi won't even show the match with Kakuzu, Since we have already seen what Kakuzu can do. Instead he could focus on Hanzou and Mifune, Who are both unknowns at the moment.

Can't be disappointed with a character that has never actually done anything. It's honestly out time Tenten got at least a single win. Every other rookie has.

Lorde
4th March 2011, 7:53 PM
I figure that TenTen will die during this war, since she's totally useless. I used to want to see more of her back in the day, but now I've just grown tired of her. I think Kishi mentioned wanting to use her more in the story, but I doubt he's going to go through on his word. I think he's starting to favor single characters (like Sasuke and Shikamaru)...

Glaucous
4th March 2011, 8:17 PM
I'm wondering if the next chapter will focus on Mifune versus Hanzo or if it'll switch back to the fight against Asuma, Dan, and Kakuzu.

Or the Battle of Gaara and The Third Tsuchikage Vs. The Undead Kages.

She is a weapons specialist. Shrugs.

Lorde
4th March 2011, 8:21 PM
I doubt we'll be seeing Gaara's fight anytime soon, but Kishi loves to surprise us with random moves, so it might happen. The reason I don't see Gaara and his troops fighting yet is because that seems like it could be one of the bigger fights, which I think should be saved for the end of the war.

Glaucous
4th March 2011, 8:39 PM
I doubt we'll be seeing Gaara's fight anytime soon, but Kishi loves to surprise us with random moves, so it might happen. The reason I don't see Gaara and his troops fighting yet is because that seems like it could be one of the bigger fights, which I think should be saved for the end of the war.

Remember Itachi, Nagato, and Kisame are also on the prowl, Where are they now? They should be the bigger fight.

Lorde
4th March 2011, 8:45 PM
Remember Itachi, Nagato, and Kisame are also on the prowl, Where are they now? They should be the bigger fight.

When was Kisame revived? And I'm almost positive that Itachi and Nagato will be used as back-up if the revived Kage have a hard time against Gaara and his troops. I just don't see them doing much until later on, since they're so powerful. I'd love to see what Black Zetsu is up to, but I have a feeling that he'd be able to trick Mei and get to the Daimyo.

TsukiMirage
5th March 2011, 12:57 AM
Kisame wasn't revived. Anyway, Itachi and Nagato should be on some mission that requires absolute power.

Deicario
5th March 2011, 1:28 AM

I figured it was because you can see her, in the first panel of the third page of this chapter, landing near an object of some kind, which catches her notice (as you can see by the "!").
It'd seem somewhat odd to feature that and then just forget about her.

Shneak
5th March 2011, 3:13 AM
I've been thinking...

I think tha banana fan was only used with one attack, but we saw all the other weapons be used to their full extent and power. Maybe Tenten will get then fan and show it off.

Or maybe I'm getting too hyped for something that won't happen.

GaZsTiC
5th March 2011, 3:17 AM
I'm pretty sure that it is going to happen. I would think that Kishi wouldn't introduce weapons and not show them off fully - and Tenten, a weapon user, was conveniently gazing at the events.

Lorde
5th March 2011, 9:52 PM
I'm going to laugh out loud if Tenten does have the fan, uses it against the Allied Shinobi Forces, and reveals that she's been working for Akatsuki this whole time :rolleyes:

Anyway, I hate these new weapons that Kishi added to the story. They served their purpose I guess, but they seemed to come out of nowhere (well, except for the sealing pot I guess). I do have more respect for the Kumogakure ninja, though. Darui has grown on me and so has the Raikage. Even that one chick who works for him seemed pretty cool a couple of chapters ago.

TsukiMirage
6th March 2011, 6:18 AM
Now that would be a twist, Tenten pulling a Kabuto. And it'll be so brilliant because no one would ever suspect someone like her.

Kumo really does seem like they have their stuff together. Gathering mystical weapons, Actually training their Jinchuurikis instead of dumping them to the side, And being prepared to take care of any problems that arise at a moments notice. It actually gives me hope for Kiri and Iwa.

Tinygreyalien
6th March 2011, 4:51 PM
just saying wouldnt the banana fan be more suited to TEMARI? :S i meant she used fan attacks constanly

smashlloyd20
6th March 2011, 7:09 PM
just saying wouldnt the banana fan be more suited to TEMARI? :S i meant she used fan attacks constanly

I guess...but Tenten has used fans before, and Temari has had no mention while Tenten is actually shown.

TsukiMirage
6th March 2011, 7:54 PM
Temari already has a unique weapon and is strong enough to be a kage assistant, As where Tenten is lacking any unique weapons and pretty much sucks at fighting.

LexSuicune
6th March 2011, 10:10 PM
Well they might as well kill Ten Ten she's always been the epithome of a worthless character.

TsukiMirage
7th March 2011, 7:20 AM
Since she's one of the rookies, I really can't see Kishi killing her off even if he should.

SharpedoX
7th March 2011, 9:30 PM
Since she's one of the rookies, I really can't see Kishi killing her off even if he should.

Indeed. But I feel sorry for her. She had the potential to be an even better character and all we've seen her defeat was a Zetsu...

Perhaps she'll really redeem herself by assisting Darui, Izumo and Kotetsu against Kakuzu simply because I don't think they'll get the job done with Darui being drained from the fight agains the Brothers and the other two simply not showing much potential.

Shneak
7th March 2011, 9:56 PM
Maybe she'll fight Neji's dad. She sort of has a connection, being Neji's teammate and friend.

TsukiMirage
7th March 2011, 10:26 PM
I don't think she'll be added into their personal battle like that. The only people I could see entering that fight is Neji and/or Hinata.

Lorde
7th March 2011, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I think Kishi will leave Neji's father to Neji. It would be one heck of a sad fight, but it would make the most sense, IMO. That's actually one of the fights that I'm looking forward to the most, since Neji has always been really strong. I can't help but want to see what else he can do now in Part 2 of the series.

Locormus
8th March 2011, 1:19 AM
I'm pretty sure that it is going to happen. I would think that Kishi wouldn't introduce weapons and not show them off fully - and Tenten, a weapon user, was conveniently gazing at the events.

Indeed, and Kishi has even more conveniently drained Darui out of Chakra and says it so that all other weapons can't be used anymore and then suddenly there's Tenten... Weapon specialist extraordinair.. Finding a weapon that uses all five elements, when the battle shifts to a fighter that has been shown to use all five elements as well..

I guess...but Tenten has used fans before, and Temari has had no mention while Tenten is actually shown.

Temari is assisting her brother, the Kazekage against her father... The previous Kazekage... She's been mentioned, and she has her own high rank battle coming up..

Well they might as well kill Ten Ten she's always been the epithome of a worthless character.

She's not worthless.. Have you seen the recent filler episode that had her as the main character? She did two guys in that Neji and Lee couldn't beat.

Yeah, I think Kishi will leave Neji's father to Neji. It would be one heck of a sad fight, but it would make the most sense, IMO. That's actually one of the fights that I'm looking forward to the most, since Neji has always been really strong. I can't help but want to see what else he can do now in Part 2 of the series.

What about Hinata and Lee helping Neji? Probably not a very good idea, and I find the notion of Neji vs. his dad a better match, but still if there was to be a second rookie in that fight, let it be Lee or Hinata.

LexSuicune
8th March 2011, 3:04 AM
I hope Hinata has one final High rank fight before the end of the Manga, I'm done with her being on the background.

PKMN Trainer Hilbert
8th March 2011, 3:28 AM
I hope Hinata has one final High rank fight before the end of the Manga, I'm done with her being on the background.

Nearly dying at the hands of Pein wasn't enough for you? IMO i'd rather have a background Hinata than a dead Hinata.

smashlloyd20
8th March 2011, 3:31 AM
Nearly dying at the hands of Pein wasn't enough for you? IMO i'd rather have a background Hinata than a dead Hinata.

And I'd rather have a living Hinata that actually had a decent fight that wasn't a plot mechanic for Naruto to go berserk.