PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The end is here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109

Crimsonlink
8th March 2011, 3:39 AM
I would also like to see more of Hinata than Sakura anytime of the day. Besides her Lion hands was an awesome move even if it didn't work on Pain.

smashlloyd20
8th March 2011, 3:42 AM
I would also like to see more of Hinata than Sakura anytime of the day. Besides her Lion hands was an awesome move even if it didn't work on Pain.

That was pretty cool. Sakura does need another good fight. Not a hopeless one against Sauske, a fight against a dead ninja (preferably) that she actually wins.

TsukiMirage
8th March 2011, 4:41 AM
Sakura already had a win against a superior ninja. It's Hinata's turn now.

Crimsonlink
8th March 2011, 4:45 AM
Sakura already had a win against a superior ninja. It's Hinata's turn now.

... I don't remember Sakura winning against anybody in the entire series unless you are talking about Sasori. Which was a team effort and not based on Sakura's fighting her own battles. Although it can be excused by the fact that she is a Medic in the field and direct Ninjutsu combat is not her specialty and neither is Taijutsu since all she has going for her is a hook that is hit or miss.

Lorde
8th March 2011, 9:26 PM
Ugh. Don't remind me about the Sasori battle. That battle was long and tedious, and I'm still trying to figure out who I should give credit to. Anyway, I want Hinata to show what she's learned. She really hasn't done anything useful in the series, and even though I like Sakura a bit more, I really want Hinata to be a key character in this war.

TsukiMirage
9th March 2011, 7:56 AM
Well by win, I mean she survived while Sasori died. Key character might be too much, But Hinata doing something other then just being their would be real nice.

gliscor&yanmega
9th March 2011, 4:42 PM
Popularity poll:
http://i55.*******.com/2yx3n9e.jpg
1 - Uzumaki Naruto - 6880 votes
2 - Uchiha Sasuke - 5791 votes
3 - Hatake Kakashi - 4828 votes
4 - Gaara - 4239 votes
5 - Uchiha Itachi - 4011 votes
6 - Deidara - 3623 votes
7 - Namikaze Minato - 3477 votes
8 - Sasori - 3152 votes
9 - Nara Shikamaru - 2533 votes
10 - Hyuuga Hinata - 2517 votes
11 - Umino Iruka - 2494 votes
12 - Haruno Sakura - 2188 votes
12 - Sai - 2188 votes

Cover of WSJ:
http://i54.*******.com/n8h91.jpg

The Chapter:

http://i55.*******.com/2rmbbr8.jpg

http://i52.*******.com/281wlj9.jpg

http://i56.*******.com/1zna074.jpg

Seems like a nice chapter to me.

Lorde
9th March 2011, 5:48 PM
OMG, a new character poll. When was the last time one of these was done?! Anyway, it looks sort of bland. Itachi and Deidara are on there, but I was expecting Madara and Pain to be on there, too. Anyway, I loved the color page and I like that Hanzo seems to be getting a flashback involving his fight against Pain. I like Pain so I'm glad that we'll see him again, even if it's just in a flashback.

gliscor&yanmega
9th March 2011, 6:00 PM
OMG, a new character poll. When was the last time one of these was done?! Anyway, it looks sort of bland. Itachi and Deidara are on there, but I was expecting Madara and Pain to be on there, too. Anyway, I loved the color page and I like that Hanzo seems to be getting a flashback involving his fight against Pain. I like Pain so I'm glad that we'll see him again, even if it's just in a flashback.

I've heard we haven't had one since 2005, or when chapter 292 came out, basically 240 chapters since we had one. This is the 7th popularity poll too, all the past ones was like every 50 so chapters we'd get a new poll. Hopefully it goes back to that.

I wish there was some other listings on the side or something just to know where other characters are at.

TsukiMirage
9th March 2011, 6:12 PM
I truly dislike Hanzou basically "losing" to Mifune in a solo match. That seems quite the shame. But Chiyo is still being awesome.

uber gon
9th March 2011, 8:10 PM
Yeah suck it Sasuke! So I guess it's Asuma vs. Ino-Shika-Cho next.

Crimsonlink
9th March 2011, 8:36 PM
I can't believe Sakura is even on that list but that is just my nitpicking lolz.

Minato should have been number 1 simply for being so damn awesome but number 7 is good for a dead secondary character. As for the chapter, I guess Kishi wanted to show that Samurai can be as strong as Ninjas unlike the Samurai that got pwned by Team Hawk at the Kage Summit.

LexSuicune
9th March 2011, 9:49 PM
Chiyo is everything XD I hope she goes out with a BANG.

Is her brother dead? I'd love to see her fight him.

gliscor&yanmega
9th March 2011, 10:54 PM
Chiyo is everything XD I hope she goes out with a BANG.

Is her brother dead? I'd love to see her fight him.

Ebizo is alive, unless he died off panel for whatever reason.

Naruto may be out in a few hours, One Piece and Bleach are both already out.

GaZsTiC
9th March 2011, 11:03 PM

The team that do One Piece/Bleach are different to the team that do Naruto. So, there is no indication of exactly when Naruto will be out.

gliscor&yanmega
9th March 2011, 11:07 PM
The team that do One Piece/Bleach are different to the team that do Naruto. So, there is no indication of exactly when Naruto will be out.

I know but Naruto is usually released sometime a little later in the same day when those two are. Last week the chapters all came out earlier then usual and this week so far is following the same thing.

Shneak
9th March 2011, 11:14 PM
That list has to be old. It's basically the same people. I would think at least Sasori and Iruka would drop off after all the new characters in Shippuden.

gliscor&yanmega
9th March 2011, 11:31 PM
That list has to be old. It's basically the same people. I would think at least Sasori and Iruka would drop off after all the new characters in Shippuden.

Well it's not old. This is just for Japan though and those characters seem to have a large fan base there. I guess even when a character is dead or doesn't do anything it doesn't change anything.

Shneak
10th March 2011, 1:01 AM
My personal top 10 would be dominated by Akatsuki. Much different from that list.

LexSuicune
10th March 2011, 2:34 AM
Ebizo is alive, unless he died off panel for whatever reason.

Then there's a chance he would face her? I'd love to see what that old crow can do.

GaZsTiC
10th March 2011, 6:25 AM
Chapter is out.

It is yawn-worthy.

TsukiMirage
10th March 2011, 6:33 AM
The fight with Asuma has bored me now since I already know Team 10 will defeat him. Anyway, it was interesting to learn why the samurai wear mask, to counter the poison of ninjas. More talk of faith, which is getting tiresome. Aside from that, I'm absolutely loving how Chiyo was acting and how she revealed the secret behind Ibuse and it's poison. It's gonna be awesome to see Kimimaro in action, especially when it appears his bones can even withstand chakra enhanced blades.

So from what Hanzou said, it appears that before there were ninjas, the samurais were the main occupation. I guess after the Rikudou Sennin taught ninjutsu, everything changed for them. Well, it was nice to learn that Mifune had fought Hanzou before, thus he knew what to expect. The trick with Ibuse coming up from underground was cool and would have probably been a game winner in any other situation. Regardless, it was nice to see a flashback of the Six Paths and a young Mifune. An alright chapter, though it could have been better.

arceus7
10th March 2011, 4:02 PM
Lolz you people are having issues with the philosophical aspect of the chapter? Seriously why are you reading shonens then go read seinens, thats how shonens appeal to the reader wit hfriends ship and goody goodness . T_T

ON that note I found the chapter to be a good break.

gliscor&yanmega
10th March 2011, 4:16 PM
Then there's a chance he would face her? I'd love to see what that old crow can do.

Well sure, there's always a chance for anything to happen really. But we don't know where he is, he's not in Kankuro's squad that's for sure. He could be in Mifune's division but there's no way to know.

I liked this chapter. Team 10 fight is being set up. And Mifune is just being Mifune, I knew the guy was awesome the moment he entered the manga back at the Kage Summit, always liked him. I never really cared for Hanzou myself though so I didn't care he was being beaten so easily by Mifune, he got some flashbacks which is nice though. It sounds like Hanzou isn't so bad though, sounded like he wanted peace before but just gave up, perhaps Mifune will put his soul to peace and free him from Edo Tensei.

GaZsTiC
10th March 2011, 4:56 PM
Seriously why are you reading shonens

I read shonen mangas because there is still the spirit of a young kid inside of me. As for Naruto, I have invested too much into the series that it has gotten to the point where dropping it is impossible. I actually can't stand Naruto.

Crimsonlink
10th March 2011, 5:19 PM
I read shonen mangas because there is still the spirit of a young kid inside of me. As for Naruto, I have invested too much into the series that it has gotten to the point where dropping it is impossible. I actually can't stand Naruto

Agreed, Naruto and Sakura are my most hated characters in the series but I read too many of the chapters to give up on it due to 2 character sucking harshly.

Glaucous
10th March 2011, 6:35 PM
Agreed, Naruto and Sakura are my most hated characters in the series but I read too many of the chapters to give up on it due to 2 character sucking harshly.

Sakura has been highly annoying since the start. She only proved her worth once, and that was with Chiyo Vs. Sasori.

Naruto's speechs are annoying and predictable, but he still is a growing character.

Lorde
10th March 2011, 8:45 PM
I didn't understand half of what Hanzo or Mifune were discussing in this chapter, but things were interesting in the beginning. I liked that Chiyo let slip the secrets of Hanzo's salamander and that Kimimaro started to fight off the samurai. I hope they can at least fight back for a while. I wonder, was that the first Hokage during that flashback that Hanzo had at the end of the chapter?

TsukiMirage
10th March 2011, 9:09 PM
Lolz you people are having issues with the philosophical aspect of the chapter? Seriously why are you reading shonens then go read seinens, thats how shonens appeal to the reader wit hfriends ship and goody goodness . T_T I have no problem with the philosophical issues, my issue is that the fights are being nerfed so that it can be brought in. Surely Kishi can have the Edo summons fight at full strength and still bring in the philosophic issues.

I didn't understand half of what Hanzo or Mifune were discussing in this chapter, but things were interesting in the beginning. I liked that Chiyo let slip the secrets of Hanzo's salamander and that Kimimaro started to fight off the samurai. I hope they can at least fight back for a while. I wonder, was that the first Hokage during that flashback that Hanzo had at the end of the chapter? It's another Gaara/Sasori situation. Basically Hanzou wasn't as strong as he was before because he was no longer fighting for anything. He had abandon his beliefs, so that made him weaker. Thus the reason Pain killed him and why Mifune's blade could cut him while his own couldn't even reach Mifune.

Glaucous
10th March 2011, 10:35 PM
I wonder, was that the first Hokage during that flashback that Hanzo had at the end of the chapter?

Look closely, it's a young Mifune, not the 1st. (Page 19)

Crimsonlink
10th March 2011, 10:45 PM
Sakura has been highly annoying since the start. She only proved her worth once, and that was with Chiyo Vs. Sasori.

Naruto's speechs are annoying and predictable, but he still is a growing character.

Well lets hope he grows up enough from the training he is currently doing. As for this week's chapter... it was boring. I never cared for Mifune and seeing Hanzo lose so fast was a disappointment since he gave the Sannin trouble when they were all young. I mean a stereotypical Samurai dash and cut at each other? What happened to Water Jutsus or more help from the summon? I'd rather see team 10 fight but looks like that will be next week.

Also I think the Banana Fan will be passed on to Naruto from TenTen when he makes an appearance on the battlefield and that will be Tenten's only moment to shine. Why? Because Naruto has no Elemental Ninjutsu in his list of Ninjutsu in the manga except RasenShuriken. It will be a cheap and effective way to counter different elemental ninjutsus the enemies (Sasuke) uses.

Glaucous
11th March 2011, 12:22 AM
Well lets hope he grows up enough from the training he is currently doing. As for this week's chapter... it was boring. I never cared for Mifune and seeing Hanzo lose so fast was a disappointment since he gave the Sannin trouble when they were all young. I mean a stereotypical Samurai dash and cut at each other? What happened to Water Jutsus or more help from the summon? I'd rather see team 10 fight but looks like that will be next week.

I agree. The speed in which the fight was finished was disappointing to say the least. I feel like it's not over yet though. Even Zabuza took 3 highly over emotional chapters.

As for Team 10's fight. I feel like it won't be over until next month. A bunch of emotional and time consuming speeches are definitely in the making.

Crimsonlink
11th March 2011, 12:29 AM
Kishi better watch himself or he might end up making this war boring and with all these legendary shinobi making an appearance that would be sad. Maybe he is getting the battles that are boring over with first so he can have one big fight after the other. Kakashi and his team still have to finish their battle but now the ambush squad is done for the rest of the war most likely until Naruto makes his obligatory appearance. Hopefully his appearance is epic like that time against Pain/Nagato.

deathseer
11th March 2011, 1:37 AM
Question:

If this manga is called "Naruto", why hasn't said character been featured for months now?

Lorde
11th March 2011, 3:13 AM
I do wish that Naruto's training would speed up a bit. All of the fights that we've seen so far have been pretty boring and I'd love to see Naruto and Sasuke fight it out amongst each other. I wonder what will come first: Naruto versus Sasuke or Killer Bee versus whoever is going after him.

TsukiMirage
11th March 2011, 5:56 AM
I definitely think Kirabi would be caught before Naruto vs Sasuke. Anyway, I don't see Naruto's training over til the war is nearly finished. I'll be surprise if he fights someone else before Sasuke.

gliscor&yanmega
11th March 2011, 2:22 PM
Question:

If this manga is called "Naruto", why hasn't said character been featured for months now?

Just because it's called "Naruto" doesn't mean he'll always be focused on.

This war is about Naruto for the most part, trying to protect him from being captured as well as dealing with Madara once and for all.

Kishi seemed to have gave Naruto and Sasuke the spotlight for most of part 2, but now this war is going to be for pretty much everyone else and giving them development, something lots of people have been complaining about through out the manga.

The way I see it, Naruto and Sasuke wont enter the manga till they're done getting their power up, and at that point they fight each other right away. This way they don't steal the spotlight and development from other characters. As well as it gives us more surprises since we don't really know what kind of new powers they will show to the full extent.

So I think Naruto and Sasuke will be out of the manga for a long while, maybe with brief moments updating us on their progress. Naruto was seen just a few chapters ago actually.

Lorde
11th March 2011, 7:45 PM
I want to see Sasuke's Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan already. I bet it'll look really cool, but I'm more worried about which kind of new powers he'll have because of it. I'm almost certain that Kishi will keep adding new eye techniques, so I'm also betting that there will be a technique called Izanami.

Shneak
11th March 2011, 10:02 PM
Boring chapter. I didn't really understand what was happening with the sword play. I guess that's where the anime comes in. Mifune is sort of boring too. Kimmimaro was the most exciting thing about the chapter.

GaZsTiC
12th March 2011, 6:52 AM
Kishimoto has been confirmed missing.

dannydstk
12th March 2011, 7:15 AM
yyea something tells me no chapter next week...

if not longer

TsukiMirage
12th March 2011, 8:48 AM
Maybe not, if I remember correctly chapters are normally done a week ahead. Anyway, I hope Kishi and the others are ok.

7 tyranitars
12th March 2011, 12:21 PM
yeah kinda sad actualy first thing I thought about the earthquakes was oh no my mangas :P

EDIT: http://twitter.com/Jpoplovers# list of people that are safe kishi is on it :D

LexSuicune
12th March 2011, 5:32 PM
Ugh, I read Kishimoto had passed, I'm glad he's okay.

7 tyranitars
12th March 2011, 6:46 PM
yeah it is kind of sad that people say certain people died just to be funny on the interwebz same thing with the maker of pokemon etc..

Lorde
12th March 2011, 7:56 PM
I really hope that Kishi is ok. It would be very sad if he died. And I'm not just saying that because I want the manga to continue; I'm saying that because Kishi seems like a really nice guy. Anyway, no chapter this week. I've heard that Weekly Shonen Jump won't be released so I'm not expecting a chapter to be released. I don't think I'm in the mood to read manga anyway :/

7 tyranitars
12th March 2011, 8:12 PM
kira, kishi is fine the list I posted states all the celeberties in japan who have been confirmed alive :P

Shneak
12th March 2011, 10:20 PM
That would be a bad way to end a series, wouldn't it?

7 tyranitars
12th March 2011, 10:25 PM
yes it would be a let down but let's be happy that he survived, and now worry more about the people who did get hurt by the earthquack.

GaZsTiC
13th March 2011, 3:10 AM
That would be a bad way to end a series, wouldn't it?

The internet went crazy when Goro - mangaka of Detective Conan - was crushed under a building. He's fine now.

Kishimoto is fine anyway. As for Naruto, there might not be a Shonen Jump magazine printed next week.

Shneak
13th March 2011, 5:30 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we had a week break. Maybe longer.

TsukiMirage
13th March 2011, 9:39 AM
As long as Kishi is alive I'm fine with having a break. Better then the alternative.

Lucario At Service
13th March 2011, 10:07 AM
Though i don't know about Naruto's case, i have heard that a few of the mangas are going to be released as per plan but not in all areas (they would be delayed in some areas).

Like MSN which is going to be released on scheduled as per the info given by the author himself on his diary & twitter (since the chapter was already sent for printing before the earthquake hit).
So most likely mangas which were sent by the author for printing before the earthquake hit would most likely be released on schedule (unless there is some major problem with the Nuclear Reactors which is presently causing them some problems).

dannydstk
13th March 2011, 5:56 PM
Plus alot of time when disasters strike a nation they try to get things like this up and running quickly to boost morale.

Shneak
13th March 2011, 7:10 PM
Does anybody know where Kishi works? I'm assuming Tokyo.

Lorde
13th March 2011, 8:45 PM
I don't think they'd release Weekly Shonen Jump with all these things going on. Japan's crisis seems to be getting worse by the day, so releasing WSJ might not be the priority. We have gotten some leaked chapters in the past however, so who knows.

Anyway, the next few chapters will probably be boring anyway, so I wouldn't really mind a hiatus.

TsukiMirage
14th March 2011, 8:36 AM
Does anybody know where Kishi works? I'm assuming Tokyo. I think Tokyo. I believe he was confirmed with the other mangaka that were in Tokyo.

Lucario At Service
14th March 2011, 9:21 AM
Plus alot of time when disasters strike a nation they try to get things like this up and running quickly to boost morale.

You are right on mark, atleast regarding manga artist like "Ken Akamatsu" (the artist of "MSN") who on his twitter is asking other manga artist to continue there work.

Here is a translation of his twitter feeds (if anyone is interested in reading it).
http://vetus.wordpress.com/2011/03/14/hows-akamatsu-doing-on-twitter/

Note: Does anyone here is keeping eye on news from Kishi. I haven't found any yet and i don't know whether he has a diary site or twitter up running like 'Ken'.

Shneak
14th March 2011, 4:32 PM
Me neither. I don't think Kishi has a twitter account. I'm hoping that mangastream or some other site has their sources.

7 tyranitars
14th March 2011, 7:17 PM
Note: Does anyone here is keeping eye on news from Kishi. I haven't found any yet and i don't know whether he has a diary site or twitter up running like 'Ken'.

I found a list of important people in japan who where confirmed to be safe kishi was on it but you have to click 'more' a couple times if your gonna check it I posted a few post earlier

Lorde
14th March 2011, 8:20 PM
I wish people posted sources to all of this "confirmed" information.

Anyway, this is just a what-if question, but if Kishi had died, would the manga have ended? I would think that it would continue since he has other people helping him with the project. Plus, he's already planned the series finale so having other people finish the manga would be possible. I think.

ryodragonite
14th March 2011, 8:57 PM
^ Wait why would Kishi die? Is he sick because hes only like 40 something.

Oh joy "Chojis determination" That got a laugh out of me. Im surprised to see how Ino looked when shes more of the bossy shut up and fight kind of girl. I cant wait to see Shikamaru cry...again but I dont blame him since he was the closest to Asuma and is now what? That father of his son. the chapters named after Choji but of course he did nothing but cry the whole time which I thought was pointless and stupid considering most people here would have liked for him to be killed off as of the Pain arc. I on the other hand love Choji and wish to see more of him than him rolling around and being a fat meat tank. I see potential for him but even his dad has sucky power. He can only turn all giant so hopefully theres more to it than that. BTW Darui ruled the past couple of chapters.

gliscor&yanmega
14th March 2011, 9:07 PM
I wish people posted sources to all of this "confirmed" information.

Anyway, this is just a what-if question, but if Kishi had died, would the manga have ended? I would think that it would continue since he has other people helping him with the project. Plus, he's already planned the series finale so having other people finish the manga would be possible. I think.

I think the only possibly way for a manga or any piece of writing to continue when it's creator dies is if the creator left the piece of writing to someone in a will or something of the sort. Kishi has a brother who also writes manga so maybe he would let him write Naruto for him if Kishi were to die. But Kishi isn't dead, so there's no need to worry about it.

As for the chapter this week, I've been seeing that it should be out like normal with a possibly day(s) delay. I'd say we probably will get the chapter this week.

uber gon
15th March 2011, 12:56 AM
After watching the new My Little Pony show, is it weird that I kind of want the Jyuubi to be a horse? I don't like the show, but it would be pretty hilarious. That, or a rabbit.

Lorde
15th March 2011, 1:00 AM
After watching the new My Little Pony show, is it weird that I kind of want the Jyuubi to be a horse? I don't like the show, but it would be pretty hilarious. That, or a rabbit.

The Juubi most likely isn't a horse. We already have a horse-based Bijuu (the five-tails) so I doubt that Kishi would add another one. I've always just assumed that the Juubi is your typical monster. That's just my two cents though.

Shneak
15th March 2011, 4:23 AM
If Madara releases the Juubi, I don't think it will have a form. Just a monster made out of a huge amount of chakra with 10 tails.

Glaucous
15th March 2011, 5:52 AM
If Madara releases the Juubi, I don't think it will have a form. Just a monster made out of a huge amount of chakra with 10 tails.

Its body looked closest to the 9 tails.

smashlloyd20
15th March 2011, 6:12 AM
Its body looked closest to the 9 tails.

That would make sense, seeing as the Kyuubi has the largest amount of Juubi chakra in it. js.

uber gon
15th March 2011, 7:53 AM
The Juubi most likely isn't a horse. We already have a horse-based Bijuu (the five-tails) so I doubt that Kishi would add another one. I've always just assumed that the Juubi is your typical monster. That's just my two cents though.

I think the five-tails is supposed to be a deer/dolphin hybrid. Although I'm sure it's supposed to be scary.

TsukiMirage
15th March 2011, 9:29 AM
It's more freaky then scary. There really was no need for a deer/whale hybrid. A deer with some enhancements would have been much better.

gliscor&yanmega
15th March 2011, 3:25 PM
Seems we get early spoilers despite all that has happened.

From Ohana:

パラ見

過去の半蔵VSミフネの戦いの回想。
半蔵切腹(自害)

猪鹿蝶VSアスマ
シカマル隙をつき、チョウジに攻撃命令するも
チョウジ攻撃出来ず
アスマ避けろ!と言いながら反撃。

From Flipping through the chap

Flashback of the past fight of hanzo vs mifune
Hanzo commits hara-kiri(suicide)

Inoshikacho vs asma
Although Shikamaru seizes a chance and give choji an order to attack.
Choji can't.
Asma while saying "dodge it!" makes counter attack.

There's no source, and I'm not sure how reliable the person who posted is but the person who translated it is reliable.

Shneak
15th March 2011, 4:58 PM
Hanzo commits suicide? Aww.

TsukiMirage
15th March 2011, 6:03 PM
Ohana is very reliable. He/she is the person who normally supplies the spoilers for the big three and as far as I know they have always been real.

Damn, I was expecting more from the guy who ought the Sannins and had to be killed by all Six Paths. At least the thing with Asuma looks interesting.

Lorde
15th March 2011, 6:10 PM
So Hanzo kills himself? How does that work when he was revived via Edo Tensei and cannot be killed? Gah, I wish Kishi would be more creative with how characters die in this series. I thought Kisame's death was neat, but all of the other deaths after that have been average/chessy. At least the scene looks like it's changed again and Asuma seems to do something.

gliscor&yanmega
15th March 2011, 6:36 PM
Ohana is very reliable. He/she is the person who normally supplies the spoilers for the big three and as far as I know they have always been real.

Damn, I was expecting more from the guy who ought the Sannins and had to be killed by all Six Paths. At least the thing with Asuma looks interesting.

I was talking more along the lines of the person who posted what Ohana posted, in other words a fake Ohana. Although I don't really get a fake vibe from it, it's probably real.

Hanzo commits suicide? Aww.

So Hanzo kills himself? How does that work when he was revived via Edo Tensei and cannot be killed? Gah, I wish Kishi would be more creative with how characters die in this series. I thought Kisame's death was neat, but all of the other deaths after that have been average/chessy. At least the scene looks like it's changed again and Asuma seems to do something.
We don't know 100% what's going on, it's not a detailed spoiler.

I'm thinking Hanzou may be going out like how Shin and Sasori did, more like Sasori in this case. Mifune will get through to him, Hanzou realizes he should still believe in peace and harmony, and then his soul is put to rest.

LexSuicune
15th March 2011, 6:55 PM
How can Hanzo kill himself? He can't control his own body.

gliscor&yanmega
15th March 2011, 7:47 PM
How can Hanzo kill himself? He can't control his own body.

Like I said, we don't have all the details. I'm sure once we know exactly what's going on it'll be more clear.

gliscor&yanmega
15th March 2011, 11:35 PM
Full Spoiler Script:

ohana:

532 ミフネVS半蔵、決着!!
ミフネ、半蔵に一閃!!二人の過去に何が…!!

ミフネ 貴殿はワシを忘れていたが… 拙者を斬った時去り際に何と言ったかも覚えてはいないの だろうな…
半蔵崩れてく …

過去戦った時
ミフネ刀が折れて膝をついてる 半蔵斬って立ってる
ミフネ頭から流血
半蔵 山椒魚の毒だ もちろん鎌にも塗りつけてある
ミフネ クッ…
半蔵 なぜオレが山椒魚の半蔵と恐れられているか その秘密を教えてやる 冥土の土産というや つだ 俺の里 では猛毒を持つ黒山椒魚が一匹いた
ミフネ !?
半蔵 そいつが死んだ時 子供だったオレの体にそいつの毒袋がうめこまれた ちょうどここだ( 左わき腹)毒 のい耐性を体に持たせた毒人間にするためだ オレは呼吸だけで周りの人間を毒にかけることが出 来る ガキの 頃の恐れられたオレは周りの安全のため
口呼吸しかできなくされた
ミフネ なら…なぜ拙者との戦いで… それ…をはずさぬ…
半蔵 そうすることも多々ある…が そいつにはリスクもあってな マスクにはもう一つの役割が ある… 毒よ けだ
ミフネ ?
半蔵 もし戦いによりオレの中の毒袋が斬られ…毒の原液が体外へ流れ出た場合… その毒液から 気化したガス を吸い込めば 耐性のあるオレ自身でさえその強すぎる毒にやられ動けなくなる… 死にはしない が…スキを生 じる お前のような腕ききを相手にするときはなおさらだ 
スキをつくるわけにはいかぬ 
持っていたのは鈍だったがな…
ミフネ 人は…刀…そのもの… 拙者も…鈍だったと…いう…いう事か… これで…終わりか…無 念…
半蔵 … 一つ言っておく…人が終わるときは死ぬ時ではない
ミフネ ?
半蔵 信念をなくした時だ だからこそ厄介である… 外見からは判断がつかぬ お前がここで死んだとしても鈍ではない
ミフネ … 倒れこむ
半蔵 それはオレの名に怖じ気づき逃げ 初めから勝負を投げ捨てたお前の仲間達のことを言う  お前はその身 を縦に皆を守ろうとした
ミフネ ハアハア
半蔵 お前はオレが英雄として語り継ぐ!死の代わりとして名を名乗れ!
ミフネ 死の代わり…として… 約束を…してくれ…
半蔵 …さあ…言え 
ミフネ …侍の…仲間には… 手を出すな
半蔵 …
ミフネ …
半蔵 解毒薬だ
ミフネ !?
半蔵 人には信念があるかどうかは外見だけでは判断が付かぬと言ったな 戦って分かる事もある … お前のよ うな奴は久しぶりだ 今回は…助けてやる… …まあ…この薬ののんだろして死ぬ可能性がないわ けではないが
半蔵、ミフネに解毒薬飲ませる
半蔵 …信念を貫くことは難しい オレにも信念がある… この世に平和をもたらす事だ お前で 確かめてやる …
ミフネ ?
半蔵 この先… 信念を抱いたまま死ぬか それとも生きながら信念をすてる事になるのか …

現世
半蔵 …
ミフネ 確かめるハズの貴殿が 本当に信念を捨ててしまったのか!?
半蔵 …それは… 外見からは判断がつかぬものだ
ミフネ !
半蔵 不死身のワシを止める方法ならある… かつて説明したな…ミフネ お前はさがって その スキを狙いワ シを封印しろ どうやらお前には…
侍たちが掛けてくる ミフネ様!奴の毒が!
ミフネ 拙者なら大丈夫だ …この毒には耐性がある…だがここからはそうはいかん… お主たち も拙者と一緒 にさがり 封印の準備をしろ!
半蔵 鎌拾い上げる (毒から生き延びただけはある)
ミフネ この辺りで様子を見る (半蔵殿…)
半蔵 ミフネ貴様にーーー(ワシの信念を託す!!)半蔵鎌の刃を自分のお腹に刺して引く(左わ き腹)
ミフネ …
侍A 切腹!?
半蔵 この毒は…強力だ… 耐性があろうが気をつけろ
カブト ! (ボクの札の命令に反発している…!? 自害!?ならここから自動的に自我のない モードに入る だけだ…)
ミフネ 隠れて己の身を削る事なく人をただコマのように操っている輩 半蔵殿はそんな輩には屈 しなかった
半蔵 震えながら崩れてく
ミフネ 身を削りその信念を取り戻した貴殿は鈍ではなかった
布持った忍 半蔵を封印
カブト (なに!? いきなり止まった!?)
ミフネ 貴殿は拙者が英雄として語り継ぐ!!その信念しかと見届けた!お見事…半蔵殿!!

砂ほこりが舞う中 猪鹿蝶が出てくる チョウジ倒れる
シカマル 動きが鈍いぞチョウジ!しっかりしろ!
イノ 来たよ!!
アスマ シカマル!影真似の網を張ってチョウジの方へオレを誘い込め!
シカマル そのつもりだよ!(影真似の術!!)
シカマルの影、アスマを捕まえてチョウジの前に
シカマル 今だ!チョウジ!
アスマ (よし!)
チョウジ 手だけ倍化の術して、アスマをパンチしようとするけどアスマの顔の直前で止める
アスマ 何してるチョウジ!
シカマル しっかりしろ!覚悟決めたんじゃねーのか!
イノ チョウジ…!
チョウジ やっぱりボクには無理だ! 先生を殴り倒すなんてことできっこないよ!!
アスマ チョウジ!!(アスマ、チョウジのお腹にキック チョウジ吹っ飛ぶ)
アスマ よけろ!!(風遁・風塵の術!)

情がチョウジを惑わせる…!!
終わり★サーセイ

Mifune Vs Hanzou, Final Round.

Mifune : You don't remember me, all right. But it seems you don't even remember our past fight.

Past

Mifune's sword is destroyed.
Hanzou slash him and Mifune bleed from his head.

Hanzou : This is the poison of the Salamander. Of course, my weapon is poisoned too.
Mifune : Ugh
Hanzou : I'll tell you why people call me "Hanzou of the Salamander". As a souvenir you will take with you to hell.
In my village there is a black salamander that can create mortal toxical poison.

Mifune : !?

Hanzou : I was a child When it died. I embedded his poison bag. It's right here. ( Left side of his stomach ) so I can be immune to his poison.
And I can poison my surrounding just by breathing.

As I child I was scared so I stopped breathing with my mouth to prevent poisoning my surrounding.

Mifune : So why didn't you remove your mask ?

Hanzou : Because there is a risk. My mask as another purpose. To prevent me from breathing my own poison.
Mifune : ?

Hanzou : Think about it, if someone slash my inner poison bag, the poison would exit my body and there is a possibility that I would breath it.
If I breath all the poison, it would override my poison resistance and I would be render unable to move, creathig an opening.
And I can't allow this to happen. So I can fight people like you.

Mifune : People and swords are alike. But now it's ... over for me. Profound Sadness !

Hanzou : Let me tell you something. Do you know when people die ?

Hanzou : When they lose their beliefs.

That's why you were a pain. People judge from outward apparence. You may be defeated but
that's not because you were too soft.

That's because you were afraid of my name. Because you swore to prtect your friends. Thoses friends you used as shields.

Mifune : *panting*

Hanzou : Now, hero, I will name you. Tell me when you die, Tell me your NAME !

Mifune : *breathing heavily*

Hanzou : Let me hear it !

Mifune : Don't ever lay a hand on my samurai comrades.

Hanzou : Here's a counter poison medecine.

Hanzou : They say you can't judge one's belief by looking at people. I realized during battle.
It's been a long time I saw someone like you. Today, I let you live. It's not like you were going to die immediatly after, though.

Hanzou uses counter poison medecine on Mifune.

Hanzou : From on now, will you die with your beliefs ? Or will you throw them and live ?

Back to present.
Mifune : I wanted to make sure but ... did you really threw you beliefs ?
Hanzou : You can't judge that by looking at me.
Mifune : !

Hanzou : I'm immortal all right, but there is a way to stop me. I already explained it to you Mifune.
Use the opening to seal me. If you don't do it, you will ...

Samurai : Master Mifune ! The poison is ...

Mifune : I'm ok. I have resistance against this poison. But from on now it will be different.
Everyone back off, with me. Prepare the seal.

Hanzou prepare to use his blade.

Mifune : Look around you.

Hanzou : Mifune, I entrust my beliefs to you. ( Hanzou stabs himself with his blade ).

Samurai : Seppuku ?

Hanzou : This poison is the real deal.
You can't breath this even if your have resistance against it, be careful.

Kabuto : My order fuuda tag is faiding. Suicide ? Then I just have to control all their moves myself one by one.

Hanzou shivers and crumbles.

Mifune : So you didn't threw you beliefs after all.

Multiple ninjas performs a seal on Hanzou.

Kabuto : What the ? The tag stopped working.

Mifune : "Hero" was the name you gave me. I was able to see your beliefs with my own eyes. Well done, Hanzou-dono.

Shikamaru : Stop being a slowpoke, Chouji. Pull yourself together.
Ino : He's coming !
Asuma : Shikamaru ! Use Shadow Mimic on Chouji to capture me !
Shikamaru : That's what I'm planning. ( Kage Mane no Jutsu ! )

Shikamaru manage to capture Asuma by using Chouji's shadow.

Shikamaru : Now, Chouji !

Asuma : (Perfect !)

Chouji uses Partial Multi-Expansion Jutsu on his hand and goes for Asuma's head but stops his gigantic
fist just before hitting Asuma's face.

Asuma : What the HELL are you doing Chouji ?

Shikamaru : Chouji ! Come on !

Ino : Chouji ...

Chouji : I can't. I just can't. I'm unable to knock down and hit Asuma. I can't do that.

Asuma : Chouji ! ( Asuma roundhouse kick and blow off chouji )

Asuma : DODGE ! Fuuton : Fuujin no Jutsu ( Wind Style : Dust Blast Technique )

EDIT: The person translated another part, and says they will do more.

EDIT2: The whole thing is translated now.

Shneak
16th March 2011, 4:49 AM
Doesn't sound bad so far.

gliscor&yanmega
16th March 2011, 3:00 PM
I updated my post with the full translation.

Seems interesting to me. Hanzou seems more likable to me now.

Can't wait for the chapter to come out, hopefully today.

gliscor&yanmega
16th March 2011, 5:25 PM
http://img276.imagevenue.com/loc594/th_286639359_IMG_3073_122_594lo.JPG

http://img231.imagevenue.com/loc226/th_286642180_IMG_3074_122_226lo.JPG

Shneak
16th March 2011, 5:44 PM
Interesting way to kill yourself.

I wonder if Inoshikacho will be able to kill Asuma at all? We need Tenten.

Lorde
16th March 2011, 11:02 PM
I wonder if Inoshikacho will be able to kill Asuma at all?

They probably will. Shikamaru is with them and he's one of the most popular characters, so I can totally see him beating Asuma. He was Asuma's favorite from what I can tell, so it seems fitting for Shikamaru to be the one who defeats him. I almost want Ino to die in this battle since I've never liked her. She impressed me when she took control of Kinkaku/Ginkaku, but she still needs to be put out of her misery >:]

gliscor&yanmega
16th March 2011, 11:09 PM
I think Chouji is going to be the cause of taking down Asuma. He's been focused on more then Shikamaru in the fight so far and has been given an obstacle to overcome. Shikamaru and Ino both are perfectly able to fight Asuma, Choji needs to mature and grow and this is the perfect time.

Crimsonlink
16th March 2011, 11:14 PM
What I don't like is how Kishi is dragging out the Asume vs team 10 fight. Choji was rather soft hearted in the Pain arc but at least he did good but now during a war, I mean really? All Choji is doing is prolonging Asuma's suffering by letting him be used by Kabuto to kill ninja from Konoha and other villages. As for Hanzo, it was pretty cool and the only good portion of this weeks chapter IMO.

I think if anybody out of the Konoha 11 needs to die it will have to be Naruto or Sasuke or maybe Sakura if the clash between those 2 gets out of hand. Maybe Sakura being killed by Sasuke will wake up Naruto and cause him to kill Sasuke lolz.

gliscor&yanmega
16th March 2011, 11:25 PM
What I don't like is how Kishi is dragging out the Asume vs team 10 fight. Choji was rather soft hearted in the Pain arc but at least he did good but now during a war, I mean really? All Choji is doing is prolonging Asuma's suffering by letting him be used by Kabuto to kill ninja from Konoha and other villages.

Choji is facing someone who is very close to him as an enemy now. That would be very hard for most people to do. Choji is eventually going to mature and realize he has to fight, but he has to go through this first. Choji is afraid, fear usually gets the best of people at the start. Fear also makes people irrational and unreasonable. It's very hard for Choji to fight Asuma right now.

Ino and Shikamaru probably feel the same way but they already know and understand what they have to do, Choji doesn't get it yet.

Next chapter or the chapter after that, I'm sure Choji will understand what he has to do and get serious, then the following chapter after that he causes Asuma to be sealed away or has his soul freed.

Crimsonlink
16th March 2011, 11:34 PM
... My point exactly, 2/3 weeks is too long of a time to kill one person who we have seen die in combat already. Bringing back Asuma was a bad move by Kishi IMO. Unless somebody gives up their life and brings Asuma back to life there was no point in bringing him back from the dead. Team 10 should have fought Kakuzu and shown their growth in the battle against him since Kakashi, Shikamaru and Naruto did most of the battle for Team 10 back in that arc.

gliscor&yanmega
16th March 2011, 11:37 PM
... My point exactly, 2/3 weeks is too long of a time to kill one person who we have seen die in combat already. Bringing back Asuma was a bad move by Kishi IMO. Unless somebody gives up their life and brings Asuma back to life there was no point in bringing him back from the dead. Team 10 should have fought Kakuzu and shown their growth in the battle against him since Kakashi, Shikamaru and Naruto did most of the battle for Team 10 back in that arc.

I find fighting your Sensei as if he/she was the enemy and being able to overcome your relationship with your Sensei and stopping him/her much more better in showing growth and development. That's just me, I prefer it this way.

Crimsonlink
16th March 2011, 11:45 PM
I find fighting your Sensei as if he/she was the enemy and being able to overcome your relationship with your Sensei and stopping him/her much more better in showing growth and development. That's just me, I prefer it this way.

Of course I understand your point of view but I don't think this way was the best Kishi could have done Team 10's moment of shining. Except maybe Shikamaru Team 10 is going to disappear from Naruto until the end. Meaning they vanquish Asuma, feel proud, cry, and then disappear until needed again which won't happen again in the war most likely.

gliscor&yanmega
16th March 2011, 11:53 PM
Of course I understand your point of view but I don't think this way was the best Kishi could have done Team 10's moment of shining. Except maybe Shikamaru Team 10 is going to disappear from Naruto until the end. Meaning they vanquish Asuma, feel proud, cry, and then disappear until needed again which won't happen again in the war most likely.

I'm sure we'll see them pop up here and there as chapters goes on. Obviously they wont get focused on much more after this, mainly because there are many others Kishi most likely wants to focus on. Everyone is basically getting their one moment to shine in the war to show how much growth and development they got, and in some cases to show us what they can do.

LexSuicune
17th March 2011, 3:19 AM
That's the best part about this war, hopefully everyone will get an opportunity to shine.

Still waiting for Chiyo's battle, I want her to face Ebizo or Kankuro.

smashlloyd20
17th March 2011, 3:32 AM
That's the best part about this war, hopefully everyone will get an opportunity to shine.

Still waiting for Chiyo's battle, I want her to face Ebizo or Kankuro.

Kankuro's probably done. He had his fight.

Shneak
17th March 2011, 4:50 AM
Yeah, please no more Kankuro. Ebizo would be neat.

TsukiMirage
17th March 2011, 7:29 AM
Yeah, we've seen all we need to see from Kankuro. I honestly want to see some ninjas not from Konoha or Suna actually do something significant.

7 tyranitars
17th March 2011, 1:21 PM
Yeah, we've seen all we need to see from Kankuro. I honestly want to see some ninjas not from Konoha or Suna actually do something significant.
Kumo is starting to get more attention too.

gliscor&yanmega
17th March 2011, 3:00 PM
Anyone who doesn't know yet, the chapter is out.

Hanzou I like now. Before he just didn't seem that interesting to me, but he's the kind of characters I normally like, misunderstood.

Choji clearly is going to get some major development soon.

Shneak
17th March 2011, 6:16 PM
Not bad, compared to last week. I liked the conclusion for Hanzou.

Yeah, Choji looks like he's going to get some development. Maybe he'll die

Lorde
17th March 2011, 7:51 PM
It was decent enough. I honestly expected much more from the man who defeated Jiraiya, Orochimaru, and Tsunade, but I guess Kishi didn't have much use for Hanzo anymore so he killed him off or whatever. At least Mifune has gained my respect now. I think he may be a pretty cool character after all. Now we can look forward to Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji against Asuma-sensei. Yay.

LexSuicune
17th March 2011, 9:07 PM
I want Chji to access his butterfly mode once again <3

Crimsonlink
17th March 2011, 9:43 PM
I want Chji to access his butterfly mode once again <3

That would be nice. It would redeem the part where his fist was about 3 inches aways from pounding Asuma so they can seal him up but he had to mess it up of course.

As for other ninjas besides Konoha, Suna, and Kumo getting all the spotlights... I think that one Iwa chick and Chojirou from the Mist will soon have their moment to shine.

TsukiMirage
17th March 2011, 9:47 PM
I liked Hanzou's flashback. Testing Mifune's faith and allowing him to live to see it out was interesting. This new information puts the situation with the Sannins in perspective. That aside, I would still like to know how something not originally apart of Hanzou was brought back with him or how he was even effected by the poison when he was basically a zombie. At least it was good to see that Mifune's division has access to sealing techniques. Chouji was disappointing, but hopefully he grows from this experience soon. Decent chapter even though we didn't get to see any more techniques from Hanzou.

Satoshi's girl
18th March 2011, 12:10 PM
I Wonder when we will see Sasuke again... I So wanna see Naruto VS Sasuke Now.

7 tyranitars
18th March 2011, 12:39 PM
meh the longer I don't have to see that emo-face the better :P

gliscor&yanmega
18th March 2011, 4:00 PM
I Wonder when we will see Sasuke again... I So wanna see Naruto VS Sasuke Now.

In a writing sense...it wont be a long time. Having it now wouldn't be that great in my opinion. It would more or less overshadow the other stuff that's going on, whether you like it or not.

It seems rather obvious that the fight wont happen till the end of the war, or the aftermath of the war. Which wont be for a long time, since this war at the moment is development for other characters.

Anyways...no chapter next week it seems:

Due to difficulties experienced after the earthquake and tsunami in Japan with rolling blackouts and hampered transportation, Shueisha, the publisher of Weekly Shonen Jump, has decided to postpone some of its major title releases.

In an announcement posted on their website(http://www.shueisha.co.jp/info/110317_2.html), they have outlined an amended release schedule for their titles:

Weekly Shonen Jump 17 originally scheduled for release on March 28th will be released on April 4th

Weekly Young Jump 18 originally scheduled for release on March 31st will be combined with issue 19 and released jointly on April 7th

Jump Square May issue originally scheduled for release on April 6th and the June issue scheduled for release on May 2nd will be combined and released jointly on April 21st

Actually I think that might be two weeks of no Naruto.

GaZsTiC
18th March 2011, 4:37 PM
The schedule doesn't look too bad. We get our shonen fix by April 4th, and then a double issue 3 days later.

Shneak
18th March 2011, 5:05 PM
The schedule doesn't look too bad. We get our shonen fix by April 4th, and then a double issue 3 days later.

Not bad.

But a break was expected and understandable.

TsukiMirage
18th March 2011, 7:29 PM
Well some delays were expected. I was actually expecting something longer, so two or three weeks is just fine. At least we got a chapter this week.

meh the longer I don't have to see that emo-face the better :P NO! We have to, no we need to see Sasuke real soon.

But seriously, I hope Sasuke returns before the fall, since that's about when the next databook should come out.

7 tyranitars
18th March 2011, 8:29 PM
noooo!@!@! *kills himself* jk was expected and I can understand it *groans*

atleast we get 2 in 3 days time that will be sort of cool

NO! We have to, no we need to see Sasuke real soon.

But seriously, I hope Sasuke returns before the fall, since that's about when the next databook should come out.

a good sasuke is a death sasuke.

TsukiMirage
18th March 2011, 10:05 PM
Nope, a good Sasuke is a Sasuke standing on the corpses of all the other characters laughing manically out loud. That would be the greatest twist ending in the entire world.

Lorde
18th March 2011, 10:07 PM
So no chapter next week. That's not so bad. It does give us extra time to speculate on some of the other stuff that'll be happening. I don't expect much from the current fight against Asuma but I really hope that Kishi gives us a great chapter the following week(s). I seriously don't remember the last time a chapter captured my complete interest. I think it might have been that chapter where the remaining Seven Swordsmen of the Mist were named and given their swords back, but I can't be sure. Also: databook? Yes please!

Platinum fan.
19th March 2011, 3:29 AM
I can't believe I am just now finding this Naruto part of the forum. I need to explore around here more often. Well I'm a Naruto fan as well so I'll add my two cents.

The latest chapters were pretty good. I didn't mind the whole Hanzou backstory and how he was taken down since pretty much all the Edo Tensei's are being taken down by seals and talking. The only thing that disappointed me was Choji. Does he not know what a shinobi is? No emotion? Killers for hire? Okay I know the Naruto world has a different meaning for shinobi but now I see why Choji is not a Jounin.

I have to post here more often.

Charminions
19th March 2011, 4:51 AM
Hanzou fight was ok, Asuma fight is boring. I hope there aren't many boring fights left so we can see the more interesting fights like the former kages vs Gaara and his division.

TsukiMirage
19th March 2011, 8:42 AM
Considering how the past fights with the Edo summons have gone, I don't have much expectation of the Edo kages putting up a good fight.

smashlloyd20
19th March 2011, 4:19 PM
Agreed. I think the Asuma fight might be interesting though, we haven't gotten to see much from Shikamaru and co. recently and we all want to see what new tricks they have up their sleeves, and I'm pretty sure Kishi will oblige.

Platinum fan.
19th March 2011, 7:17 PM
I hope the next chapter shows more of Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji fighting. It's nice to see them get some action especially Choji and Ino who really need it. I know Asuma's a Jounin of Konoha and was good enough for Kabuto to revive but truthfully I never found him to be all that impressive in the series while he was alive so hopefully this fight will change my opinion of him.

LexSuicune
19th March 2011, 9:08 PM
I've had enough of Shikamaru, I want Chji to prove himself a Shinobi.

Shneak
19th March 2011, 9:59 PM
I've had enough of Shikamaru, I want Ino to prove herself a Shinobi.

Fixed.

She needs it more.

TsukiMirage
19th March 2011, 10:39 PM
Nope, the one who needs it more is Tenten. She deserves something. Her and Shino need more airtime.

Lorde
19th March 2011, 10:42 PM
I hope the next chapter shows more of Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji fighting. It's nice to see them get some action especially Choji and Ino who really need it. I know Asuma's a Jounin of Konoha and was good enough for Kabuto to revive but truthfully I never found him to be all that impressive in the series while he was alive so hopefully this fight will change my opinion of him.

All I see is Shikamaru saving Choji's butt. I don't think Ino or Choji will really get any large role since they're just fodder characters at this point. And I agree that Asuma has never seemed very impressive to me. I'm wondering why the heck Kabuto revived him in the first place. I think it would've made more sense to revive someone stronger, but whatever. Also, I got such a thrill watching Kabuto's reaction to Hanzo disobeying his seal.

GaZsTiC
19th March 2011, 11:34 PM
I think the only reason Asuma was revived was so that Ino, Shikamaru and Chouji can be developed and receive closure (since I believe Naruto is at its final arcs).

Shadow Lucario
19th March 2011, 11:54 PM
What I want to see is Gaara fight the former Kages. I realized Gaara might be one of my favorite characters and this fight will either prove it or not. Win or lose, I want to see what Gaara can really do.

Platinum fan.
20th March 2011, 1:32 AM
All I see is Shikamaru saving Choji's butt. I don't think Ino or Choji will really get any large role since they're just fodder characters at this point. And I agree that Asuma has never seemed very impressive to me. I'm wondering why the heck Kabuto revived him in the first place. I think it would've made more sense to revive someone stronger, but whatever. Also, I got such a thrill watching Kabuto's reaction to Hanzo disobeying his seal.

That's true. They'll just play support to Shikamaru, but I guess it's better then nothing. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I liked Asuma but he was the least impressive especially when compared to Kakashi and Guy. Even Kurenai had the whole master genjutsu angle that made her stand out a bit. Asuma just kind of felt like a regular ninja with nothing really that special for him.

Shneak
20th March 2011, 8:27 PM
That's true. They'll just play support to Shikamaru, but I guess it's better then nothing. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I liked Asuma but he was the least impressive especially when compared to Kakashi and Guy. Even Kurenai had the whole master genjutsu angle that made her stand out a bit. Asuma just kind of felt like a regular ninja with nothing really that special for him.

Not really. He's the son of the 3rd Hokage, and he was in that Feudal Clan thing. He got a lot more development in an anime filler arc, ironically.

Lorde
20th March 2011, 11:38 PM
Not really. He's the son of the 3rd Hokage, and he was in that Feudal Clan thing. He got a lot more development in an anime filler arc, ironically.

I'm sure Asuma's tough, but I wouldn't put him in the same category as some of the other revived characters. Same goes for Dan, although he might have some really powerful jutsu that he hasn't revealed yet. If that's the case then it makes you wonder how he ended up dying in the first place. I almost wonder if Tsunade is going to fight against him. That might be fun to watch since she hasn't fought in who-knows-how-long.

Nitram
20th March 2011, 11:39 PM
hm naruto now , is boring is to much thing , i unlike and it has like 360 chapters

Platinum fan.
21st March 2011, 1:59 AM

I realize he's the 3rd's son and part of that clan but manga wise Asuma feels very lackluster. He's okay but I don't think he's in the same league as the other Shinobi that have been revived to fight again. I don't consider him in league with any member of the Akatsuki dead or alive or as impressive as Zabuza or Haku. He's just average and I feel the only reason Kabuto revived him was to hit a emotional spot with the Konoha shinobi like what he's doing with Shikamaru, Ino, and especially Choji.

Ironically I don't watch Naruto's anime much so I missed Asuma's development. I should check it out more. Especially since it expands fights.

LexSuicune
21st March 2011, 2:01 AM
Is Gaara even capable of handling the same ammount of sand he was before the Shukaku was extracted from him?

TsukiMirage
21st March 2011, 2:48 AM
Probably not since he lost a large source of chakra to control said sand.

Lorde
21st March 2011, 7:34 PM
I also don't think Gaara can manipulate as much sand as he could back when he still had the Ichibi but I think he's made due with what powers he currently does have. We haven't seen him fight much recently so for all we know he could have developed some new techniques. I have a feeling that Gaara will be making the first move against the revived Kages so we'll probably get to see these new techniques once the fight with Asuma is done.

7 tyranitars
21st March 2011, 9:11 PM
also don't forgot kakashi/sakura/lee/gai still fighting the previous swordsmen of the hidden mist + the kenkai genkai users

but I think he didn't lost his power because he was born with it

smashlloyd20
21st March 2011, 9:28 PM
Totally forgot about that fight, it sounds cool.

And the only reason Gaara was born with his power was that he was born with the Ibichi in him.

Shadow Lucario
21st March 2011, 11:02 PM
He could be in the same situation that Naruto is. He might have had a Bijuu, but he could have enormous amounts of Chakra on his own. I wouldn't be surprised since he was pretty confident in his ability when he confronted Sasuke during the Gokage meeting.

TsukiMirage
21st March 2011, 11:03 PM
In case you didn't know, no chapter this week. Next chapter will be out on the 30th of March.
According to the next issue info page on 19/3 issue
"having a word with asuma, shikamaru starts to hesitate..." So it looks like we'll get more with the Asuma fight.

On the Gaara thing, he may have just been confident because Sasuke ad already been worn down and he had backup. After all, Gaara outright knew that Sasuke can basically handle his sand techniques.

Shadow Lucario
21st March 2011, 11:11 PM
Well if we don't find out in the manga then the databook should clear some things up.

7 tyranitars
22nd March 2011, 10:26 AM
another thing why would he even go into the fight if he don't have his powers anymore?

Crimsonlink
22nd March 2011, 8:45 PM
another thing why would he even go into the fight if he don't have his powers anymore?

The ninja him/herself makes up his or her own power. The Bijuu are just a boost to those abilities. Look at Temari and Kankuro, they don't have the Ichibi in them but they are still powerful. Gaara is still powerful, he just has less of an advantage now unlike Naruto. Also Gaara can still control sand, having a Bijuu requires huge Chakra Reserves even when the Bijuu was taken out.

Lorde
22nd March 2011, 8:52 PM
I'm expecting the fight with Asuma to last a long time. I'm also expecting there to be flashbacks to events in the past since Kishi loves to use those. I would love it if Kishi just cut to another fight but I think he's planning on finishing off this fight with Asuma first. Who else is left to be sealed at that location? I think Dan is still around. Kakuzu too from what I recall. It seems like most of the Zetsu are dead so all the Allied Shinobi Forces have to do is seal a few zombies.

lolipiece
22nd March 2011, 9:06 PM
I don't think this fight will last long

The whole Sai vs his brother fight makes me skeptic

gliscor&yanmega
22nd March 2011, 9:25 PM
I'm expecting the fight with Asuma to last a long time. I'm also expecting there to be flashbacks to events in the past since Kishi loves to use those. I would love it if Kishi just cut to another fight but I think he's planning on finishing off this fight with Asuma first. Who else is left to be sealed at that location? I think Dan is still around. Kakuzu too from what I recall. It seems like most of the Zetsu are dead so all the Allied Shinobi Forces have to do is seal a few zombies.

I'd say the Asuma fight will be over in two chapters, three chapters the most. The Edo Tensei haven't been getting many chapters, not sure what the highest amount has been so far, pretty sure it hasn't past 5 chapters.

The other Edo Tensei that we know of that are there are other then Asuma are Dan, Kakuzu and Hizashi. Also, I wouldn't count the White Zetsu Clones out just yet, I have a feeling there is more to them then what is being shown.

TsukiMirage
22nd March 2011, 9:30 PM
The longest Edo summon fight so far seen was Kingaku against Darui, which lasted about three chapters. I say the fight with Asuma will be over either this chapter or the next.

Platinum fan.
23rd March 2011, 12:49 AM
I guess the Asuma fight might take awhile, that's okay I suppose. I really want to see Gaara vs his dad, and more importantly I want to see what he thinks of his son who he tried to kill as the new Kazekage. I also noticed Kabuto hasn't sent in Itachi and Nagato yet. I guess he's saving the big dogs and there insanly uber jutsu's for later. It's to bad Danzo isn't one of the revived. Now he is a shinobi who I would love to see more of. Shame he was taken out before he could really abuse the power of being Hokage. That could have been such a great plot twist during the war.

7 tyranitars
23rd March 2011, 10:25 AM
mayby he does a couple of fights at the same with the asuma vs team 10 fight

Shneak
23rd March 2011, 3:39 PM
Kimimmaro is also fighting the samurai, but that probably won't be shown. He'll win.

And that Kage group-up.

We haven't seen Neji's division fight anyone. Itachi and Nagato are still left over. Neji vs Nagato would be cool. Or even Hinata, because he killed her.

gliscor&yanmega
23rd March 2011, 4:28 PM
Kimimmaro is also fighting the samurai, but that probably won't be shown. He'll win.

And that Kage group-up.

We haven't seen Neji's division fight anyone. Itachi and Nagato are still left over. Neji vs Nagato would be cool. Or even Hinata, because he killed her.

Hinata was never killed, just injured.

Neji doesn't have a division though, he's in Kituschi's division. And they have fought, against White Zetsu Clones. But as of Edo Tenseis, then no they haven't fought any.

I doubt Neji will be fighting Nagato, if he does he'll be fighting alongside with pretty much everyone else in the division.

I'd say Neji will be fighting Hizashi, with Hinata and Hiashi. Seems the most likely, and the best for development.

LexSuicune
23rd March 2011, 6:52 PM
Yeah, I'm very much looking forward for some Hyuuga showdown.

My favourite clan on the series.

What about Shino? what is he doing, I absolutely forgot about him. LOL Poor Aburame clan.

gliscor&yanmega
23rd March 2011, 7:05 PM
Yeah, I'm very much looking forward for some Hyuuga showdown.

My favourite clan on the series.

What about Shino? what is he doing, I absolutely forgot about him. LOL Poor Aburame clan.

Shino is part of Mifune's division, along with Kiba and Hana(Kiba's older sister) as well as their dogs, Ino is also apart of Mifune's division. Aside from Ino, the rest are in the same location, which is where Kitsuchi's division is. Although part of Kitsuchui's division has merged with Darui's division and the only ones we know for sure are there are Kitsuchi and Kurotsuchi(And a bunch of unnamed people), the rest may still be back where they used to be(Which is odd since Neji and Hinata should be with Kitsuchi at less, consider Hizashi and Hiashi are in the same location).

Platinum fan.
23rd March 2011, 8:01 PM
Some Shino action would be wonderful. I always loved that guy and his clan for using insects as jutsu. It's creepy be awesome at the same time. Neji vs Hizashi would be great, so we can finally see some new Neji moves in the manga from him. I was kind of hoping for Sakura to have more of a role in the war other then healing but I suppose that was asking for to much. Still we all know who will really save the day. It will be Tenten. That was a joke but I do hope she get's a real fight for once.

gliscor&yanmega
23rd March 2011, 8:14 PM
Some Shino action would be wonderful. I always loved that guy and his clan for using insects as jutsu. It's creepy be awesome at the same time. Neji vs Hizashi would be great, so we can finally see some new Neji moves in the manga from him. I was kind of hoping for Sakura to have more of a role in the war other then healing but I suppose that was asking for to much. Still we all know who will really save the day. It will be Tenten. That was a joke but I do hope she get's a real fight for once.

Shino always comes off as awesome during his fights. I have no idea who he will fight though, the only one I can think of is Torune, since both are Aburame members.

I think it would be Neji, Hinata, Hiashi vs Hizashi, just to give Hinata and Hiashi something, or just Neji and Hinata vs Hizashi.

Sakura could still get some form of development during the war, it's not close to being over yet.

Lots of people speculate Tenten has found the Banana Fan(One of the treasures Kinkaku and Ginkaku used, the one that can use all 5 elements), and also speculate she will be fighting Kakuzu. I don't really like Tenten at all but the thought of this happening actually makes me want to see it...this darn war is going to make me like all characters.

LexSuicune
23rd March 2011, 8:39 PM
I would love for Kimimaro and Jgo to face off somehow in this war. Maybe finally give Jgo some closure and have him turn on that bastard Sasuke.

Lorde
23rd March 2011, 8:55 PM
Kimimaro? I forgot about him. He used to be one of my favorite Naruto characters but then Suigetsu debuted. Anyway I hope that Jugo and Suigetsu stay far away from the war for the time being. I know that Suigetsu wants to collect the swords of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist but he doesn't even know where they are right now (well, except for one). I rather Suigetsu and Jugo be involved in another fight in the next arc or something.

Prof.Arete
23rd March 2011, 10:57 PM
I see Suigetsu and Jugo coming in to play towards the later stages of the war rather than at the moment.
Shame there isn't any shonen this week though, really wanted to say goodbye properly to Asuma :/

Shneak
24th March 2011, 1:00 AM
You know who was forgotten about? Karin. She literally got no closure after she got stabbed.

TsukiMirage
24th March 2011, 5:31 AM
Well she's in Konoha now eating a bowl of rice or something. I don't think she'll get any closure til the end of the manga and Sasuke's change of heart.

Lorde
24th March 2011, 5:38 AM
You know who was forgotten about? Karin. She literally got no closure after she got stabbed.

She seriously should've been killed. I highly doubt that Konoha got any valuable information from her so what was the point in letting her live? Last time I checked, she was ordering some food because she was hungry. Something like that. And here I thought she was going to fight it out against Sakura at some point.

Also: there isn't a chapter this week, is there?

LexSuicune
24th March 2011, 5:47 AM
Karin is absolutely worthless at this point, she should've been killed.

But this is the only way Jgo's storyline can advance, by getting closure and taking down Kimimaro himself.

Shadow Lucario
24th March 2011, 6:01 AM
She seriously should've been killed. I highly doubt that Konoha got any valuable information from her so what was the point in letting her live? Last time I checked, she was ordering some food because she was hungry. Something like that. And here I thought she was going to fight it out against Sakura at some point.

I would love to see Karin and Sakura fight. It's a fight Sakura could win by herself. And that's right; no chapter this week.

Crimsonlink
24th March 2011, 6:30 AM
I would love to see Karin and Sakura fight. It's a fight Sakura could win by herself. And that's right; no chapter this week.

Anybody can defeat Sakura, just promise her information on Sasuke and she will let you go. Or if you are skilled enough to trick her with Genjutsu of Sasuke you win.

If Karin knew any ranged moves at all I would automatically give her the win over Sakura.

LexSuicune
24th March 2011, 7:39 PM
I think Sakura's being underestimated, she is Tsunade's apprentince after all. I do believe we have not seen all that she's capable of.

Ultimately she's going to be in the final fight between Naruto and Sasuke.

Hopefully getting caught in the cross fire and dying.

Hobgoblin2099
24th March 2011, 10:18 PM
Sakura deserves to be underestimated.

Especially if her plan for killing Sasuke is stabbing him with a poisoned knife. And she failed at that. TWICE.

Not to mention that Sasuke trained with Orochimaru, who uses snakes as a summon. Snakes produce venom and toxins, and it makes sense that Sasuke would be immune to them.

It seems like Sakura is merely for fanservice these days, which is disappointing. I had hoped that she'd learn water and earth techniques to bring the last two elements to Team 7 (Naruto = Wind, Sasuke = Fire and Lightning, Kakashi = Lightning predominantly, Sai = Ninpou?).

7 tyranitars
24th March 2011, 11:06 PM
she should just have tried to punch a hole through sasukes chest, would have been a much better option considering she haves superhuman strength :P

uber gon
25th March 2011, 2:00 AM
she should just have tried to punch a hole through sasukes chest, would have been a much better option considering she haves superhuman strength :P

Sasuke is able to project an electrical aura around himself. I doubt Sakura has anything that could penetrate that.

Lorde
25th March 2011, 2:11 AM

I'm sure Sasuke would've been able to live through that. The author seems to favor him so Sasuke wouldn't have died even if Sakura had used all her physical strength against him. The only one who can defeat Sasuke is Naruto but even then, I don't see Naruto killing him. I know there has been debate over whether or not Sasuke will die but I personally don't think he will. I want him to die but I know that the author wants Sasuke to live.

smashlloyd20
25th March 2011, 2:28 AM
True. Likely Naruto's somehow going to convince him to come back to Konoha. Not sure how, but knowing Kishi that's likely going to happen.

Platinum fan.
25th March 2011, 3:01 AM
It's a shame Sakura doesn't fight much. Both Naruto and Sasuke are legendary now. I knew she would never reach there level but I was hoping she'd at least get her own signature jutsu like Naruto and Sasuke have. As for Sakura trying to kill Sasuke? That was never going to happen. Sasuke and Madara are protected by the all powerful "Main villains stay alive until the end no jutsu" Just look at Konan vs Madara. Without that plot jutsu, Konan might have won, or at least escape with her life.

The suggestions of Jugo vs Kimimaro are great. Hope that happens. Karin vs Sakura...that's a fight Sakura could probably win without any help or strings attached (couldn't resist) does Karin have any jutsu attacks? I would actually like to see her be something more then a ninja radar.

Shneak
25th March 2011, 3:51 AM

I sort of like Karin, but I agree. She should have died. It would have been the best impact.

Hobgoblin2099
25th March 2011, 4:09 AM
Is it just me or do most people with breasts in this series suck at fighting? :\

Seriously. Here's an example:

Jiraiya is able to fight off Pein for at least a little while before dying.
Orochimaru is able to fight off a four-tailed version of Naruto a little while before escaping.
Tsunade is immediately defeated by Pein.

Naruto wins in the preliminaries against Kiba.
Sasuke wins against that one guy.
Sakura loses in an extremely weak and unsatisfying way. In fact, Temari is the only female to progress (at which point, it is implied that Shikamaru would've beaten her if he wasn't lazy).

Kimimaro dies coming close to killing Gaara.
Sakon and Ukon die due to Kankuro being more tactical than they expected.
The fat guy and the spider guy die after long drawn out fights, with their opponents using some ultimate technique to kill them.
Tayuya fails to seriously injure Shikamaru and has a tree fall on her.

TsukiMirage
25th March 2011, 6:15 AM
Temari's been pretty successful in the two of the three fights she's been in. Mei and Kurotsuchi both put up a good showing. And Tenten... is Tenten, which is an automatic win.

lucky_u
25th March 2011, 6:57 AM

Quite hard to do so.

Sasuke would have Amaterasu her first.
Sasuke can paralyse her with Chidori Sharp Spear when she gets close.
If she hits, Sasuke would use Blaze Release: Kagutsuchi for defense.

I would say Sakura would die before anything else happens.

Crimsonlink
25th March 2011, 8:42 AM
.... There is no hope for Sakura really. All she has is her superhuman strength and she couldn't even hit Karui or Omoi when she fought them. Her role as a medic is the only thing she is good for but thats useless when both your teammates are unbeatable pretty much. One has a chakra beast in them that heals them and the other has a huge defense that pretty much nothing can offensive can top it.

7 tyranitars
25th March 2011, 1:04 PM
I'm not saying it would have killed sasuke I'm just saying it would have been a better attempt, because trying to get him with a kunai is just pathetic. also, sasuke was pretty much out of chakra from his fight with danzou so I doubt he would have been able to use those kinds of attacks after eachother

about the female characters

konan is very good, only reason she was killed off was because she had to fight the main villian
mei is !&*@^#&*^(!@* ownage she haves 2 kenkai gekkais so yes she is powerfull

the stone girl is good too

also tsunade wasn't beaten by pain, she used up her chakra to keep as much people alive as posible

Lorde
25th March 2011, 9:52 PM
I feel so bad for Konan. Everyone hated her since she seemed weak at first but then she finally got to show that she could fight people like Madara, only for her to end up dying. I wish Kishi had let her live. She was a good character in her own way. I also have this theory that she had Amegakure prepare for the war. I think Amegakure's ninja will end up arriving to help the other nations near the end or something, when everyone is having trouble.

Shneak
25th March 2011, 9:56 PM
^
Konan was one of the stronger Akatsuki. Too bad she didn't get to show it.

The females either suck at fighting, or get screwed when they're winning.

Platinum fan.
25th March 2011, 10:18 PM
I always loved Konan if only for how such a cute girl grew up until this cold emotionless ninja. And seeing her paper smother her enemies like in Konoha was pretty cool. But after her fight with Madara I gained a much more serious respect for her. She is without a doubt my favorite female shinobi and one of the stronger members of the Akatsuki. I love how she wasn't useless, a trait females really suffer from in the Naruto universe. I thought she would become a ally to Konoha during the war to show how she's changed from being there enemy to being there ally but I guess they already have Gaara and his village for that. Still Konan's my fave female shinobi and one of my favorite Akatsuki members.

TsukiMirage
26th March 2011, 5:50 AM
I'm not saying it would have killed sasuke I'm just saying it would have been a better attempt, because trying to get him with a kunai is just pathetic. also, sasuke was pretty much out of chakra from his fight with danzou so I doubt he would have been able to use those kinds of attacks after eachother Sasuke had enough chakra afterwards to use Chidori and keep standing, so I wouldn't say he was out of chakra. It was simply the blindness taking effect.

konan is very good, only reason she was killed off was because she had to fight the main villian
Hey, Konan has so far done the most damage to Madara then any other ninja, including the fourth hokage. So in my book she's awesome.

Shadow Lucario
26th March 2011, 8:53 AM
I'm glad Madara killed Konan. Then again I always loved the Uchiha and their ruthlessness. Common clan trait maybe?

7 tyranitars
26th March 2011, 1:29 PM
Hey, Konan has so far done the most damage to Madara then any other ninja, including the fourth hokage. So in my book she's awesome.

I said she was awesome >.< and the only reason she was killed of was because she had to fight a main villian... -.-

Sasuke had enough chakra afterwards to use Chidori and keep standing, so I wouldn't say he was out of chakra. It was simply the blindness taking effect.

can't hit what you can't see :P

TsukiMirage
27th March 2011, 12:00 AM
I said she was awesome >.< and the only reason she was killed of was because she had to fight a main villian... -.- I know you did :P. Konan doing so much damage is personally why I enjoy her so much.

can't hit what you can't see :P Hey, he was able to hit Naruto's Rasengan square-on.

Crimsonlink
27th March 2011, 1:34 AM
Hey, he was able to hit Naruto's Rasengan square-on.

Saddest part.... his Chidori actually held up to Naruto's Rasengan even though Naruto should have plowed through him. Of course Naruto held back but that is the point I'm getting at.

Lorde
27th March 2011, 3:05 AM
Why do I get the feeling that Naruto will lose in the fight against Sasuke? I just have this feeling that Naruto won't be able to deliver the finishing move and that he'll only end up losing since he won't have the guts to kill Sasuke. I could just see that happening, which would be really disappointing. Well, so long as Naruto fights someone, I'll be happy. When was the last time he fought a real opponent? The Pain arc? Geez, it's been almost two years since he fought someone for real.

TsukiMirage
27th March 2011, 10:51 AM
Well, if you go by every single on of Naruto's fights in Part 2, thinking Naruto may lose isn't strange. Heck, if you take into account Itachi's gift, the it's likely Naruto will still be at a disadvantage even with his new power-up.

7 tyranitars
27th March 2011, 11:16 AM
Hey, he was able to hit Naruto's Rasengan square-on.

he got lucky :P I mean he was almost blind the only reason he hit naruto was for the we will die together part :P because honestly usualy people don't hit when they are as good as blind, and yes he will prob be at a disadvantage

LexSuicune
27th March 2011, 5:59 PM
I still have hopes somehow Konan will be alive, or resurrected by the Edo Tensei.

*sigh*

Fissurous
28th March 2011, 2:08 AM
I still have hopes somehow Konan will be alive, or resurrected by the Edo Tensei.

*sigh*

Looking at the people Kabuto resurrected, she actually might get brought back. So what do you guys think about team 10 vs. Asuma?

Lorde
28th March 2011, 2:37 AM
I hope Konan isn't revived via Edo Tensei. I would love to see her fight again but it wouldn't feel right if she were revived. The same goes for Kisame. I hope that Kabuto is stopped soon since I'm getting tired of seeing the current ninja fighting the deceased ninja. And I've already given my thoughts about the fight with Asuma. They were generic but the fight itself is pretty generic, so there you have it. Also: is there going to be a chapter this week?

Fissurous
28th March 2011, 2:58 AM
Well, the manga said that Edo Tensei doesn't stop, even after the user gets killed. So really, the only way to defeat them and stop the fighting is to remove their soul or something. And do you read on mangastream? If so, there's supposed to be one on the 30th.

Crimsonlink
28th March 2011, 3:00 AM
Its too bad that Minato and Kushina can't be revived. I would love to see them fight for real, even though Minato is so haxxed.

Lorde
28th March 2011, 3:06 AM
Well, the manga said that Edo Tensei doesn't stop, even after the user gets killed. So really, the only way to defeat them and stop the fighting is to remove their soul or something. And do you read on mangastream? If so, there's supposed to be one on the 30th.

Edo Tensei also stops if the user of the technique cancels it out. I believe that there were plans for a certain squad to go find Kabuto and use genjutsu on him to get him to undo the technique, but I don't recall who was assigned to take care of that. Also, thanks for posting that date.

Its too bad that Minato and Kushina can't be revived. I would love to see them fight for real, even though Minato is so haxxed.

I'd love to see more of Minato's techniques. I thought he was going to showcase all sorts of crazy jutsu against Madara but that fight was an utter disappointment.

Shadow Lucario
28th March 2011, 5:25 AM
I'd love to see more of Minato's techniques. I thought he was going to showcase all sorts of crazy jutsu against Madara but that fight was an utter disappointment.

I don't think it was a disappointment at all. It showed us that Madara can be hit and how fast Minato can think. The Flying Thunder God level 2 was also a nice technique. ;)

smashlloyd20
28th March 2011, 5:39 AM
That was amazing...but other than that we really saw nothing from Minato.

~Heaven Help Us~
28th March 2011, 3:59 PM
I find it kinda stupid how they compare Minato's flying god technique or whatever Naruto's speed when he has the Kyuubi's cloak. If it weren't for that, he would never be that fast.

TsukiMirage
28th March 2011, 7:47 PM
I don't think it was a disappointment at all. It showed us that Madara can be hit and how fast Minato can think. The Flying Thunder God level 2 was also a nice technique. ;) Eh... It was sort of disappointing. People had already been assuming Minato could do something like the second stage long before and for a genius, Minato didn't really think up a fitting plan.

Lorde
28th March 2011, 9:13 PM
I like how Minato trolled when he told Naruto that Madara saw through all of his moves when they fought. From what I remember, Minato was able to counter Madara pretty easily. Madara was wounded as well and he fled like a dog with its tail between its legs. I just find it funny that Minato made it sound like Madara was the ultimate opponent.

Anyway, I'm glad that we're getting a chapter this week. I would love to see the fight with Asuma end in this week's chapter but I think it'll last a little while longer. I just don't see a resolution until next week at the earliest.

Shneak
28th March 2011, 9:50 PM
Oh yeah, new chapter this week. Hope we get spoilers soon.

Lorde
28th March 2011, 10:01 PM
Oh yeah, new chapter this week. Hope we get spoilers soon.

I expect to see some tomorrow at the earliest. Also: I absolutely love your signature! That's probably because I loved seeing Sasuke getting cornered by the Tsuchikage at the Gokage Summit. That storyarc was really something else.

Anyway, the cover for volume 55 has been posted, although we currently only have a small version of it. Still, I think it looks really cool except for the Kyuubi in the background; it looks sort of weird. Well, yeah:

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd452/cilancress/naruto55.gif

Platinum fan.
29th March 2011, 2:06 AM
I second The 4th KIRA's praise of Hol123's signature. I especially loved the one with Zetsu going "Lets look for Sasuke!" It sounded so funny during such a series meeting for the Gokage. Anyway great cover. Two of my favorite characters of all time are back on a Naruto cover (Haku and Zabuza) even if there zombies. Truthfully I wanted Naruto to meet zombie Haku because I always wondered what would happen if Haku ever saw the Naruto of today. Shame it didn't happen, but Kakashi meeting them again was just as good I suppose. I also want to get through the Asuma fight quickly. It's not that I don't want to see Shikamaru's team in action because I really do but I would have rather then fight someone else...someone they came make a legacy off of and I'm sorry but Asuma is not one of those legendary ninjas.

LexSuicune
29th March 2011, 5:49 AM
I think the cover's lovely, thanks for sharing Kira.

TsukiMirage
29th March 2011, 7:53 AM
The cover is pretty great with Haku and Sasori making an appearance.

I like how Minato trolled when he told Naruto that Madara saw through all of his moves when they fought. From what I remember, Minato was able to counter Madara pretty easily. Madara was wounded as well and he fled like a dog with its tail between its legs. I just find it funny that Minato made it sound like Madara was the ultimate opponent. Don't forget that Minato only landed a hit because of his secret second Hiraishin. Before that Madara was in control of the whole battle and basically manipulating every event.

gliscor&yanmega
29th March 2011, 3:10 PM
I was expecting a "Where's Waldo" thing on the cover, only Naruto is Waldo and Zetsu is all the random people...oh well that cover is still pretty good.

No spoilers yet.

I second The 4th KIRA's praise of Hol123's signature. I especially loved the one with Zetsu going "Lets look for Sasuke!" It sounded so funny during such a series meeting for the Gokage.

I got tons of Zetsu GIFs...oddly that's the only one I don't have, I have the scene leading up to it though.

I'm sorry but Asuma is not one of those legendary ninjas.

Sure he is. Kabuto says so, and that's more or less Kishi's way of saying so. Asuma didn't get much focus on in the manga but he clearly had a name for himself. Pretty sure Kakuzu was drooling at the thought of trading Asuma in for money. Asuma has his things going for him.

Also, Asuma is the best person Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji could have fought. This gives lots of potential for development. One of the main things tons of people have complained there to be a lack of in part 2.

Platinum fan.
29th March 2011, 4:16 PM
That's probably why I'm indifferent towards Asuma, his lack of focus. I still would have loved to see Team 10 take on someone else Like Kakuzu but I guess Asuma really is the best choice. I just don't want to deal with more holding back moments like with Choji and there is sure to be more of them, and there is also going to be more talking No Jutsu involved. But if there is character development involved can't say no to that. Still I really want to see Gaara's squad vs his dad and there group.

Crimsonlink
29th March 2011, 5:21 PM
When Asuma fought Kakuzu and Hiden, he sucked to put it bluntly. It was awesome when he cut off Hiden's head but after that the battle went downhill resulting in his death.

I hope to see more wind jutsu from him in his battle against his team. Thats the only thing I'm really looking forward to besides Choji redeeming himself.

Lorde
29th March 2011, 6:03 PM
Yeah, Asuma has never been a powerful character. I liked him when he fought against Kisame back in Part 1 of the series but he totally sucked when he fought Hidan in Part 2. Sure, he cut off Hidan's head but he still ended up losing. Anyway, I don't think I've ever wanted a Naruto storyarc to end as badly as I want this one to end. I really liked most of the material in the series so far but this war arc is just terrible. The only Naruto-related thing that I'm looking forward to this year is a possible databook, but that's just because I want to learn more about certain characters.

7 tyranitars
29th March 2011, 6:18 PM
love the cover it is amazing :D, and I hope asuma atleast does something good, show some new moves (:

gliscor&yanmega
29th March 2011, 7:08 PM
Asuma mainly lost due to no knowledge of Hidan's ability. It was nothing to do with sucking. Hidan isn't all that if you know his style and such, but if you have no knowledge on him then you're most likely to lose to him.

I really liked most of the material in the series so far but this war arc is just terrible.

I completely disagree. This war so far has been built around giving development to characters. Development is something I enjoy, and there's a lot of it in here.

Crimsonlink
29th March 2011, 8:14 PM
I completely disagree. This war so far has been built around giving development to characters. Development is something I enjoy, and there's a lot of it in here.

To who so far? Kankuro, Darui, Omoi, Hanzo, Mifune, and Haku maybe. Anybody else was not developed at all like Samui and Atsui not to mention poor TenTen whose name I almost forgot.

Asuma mainly lost due to no knowledge of Hidan's ability. It was nothing to do with sucking. Hidan isn't all that if you know his style and such, but if you have no knowledge on him then you're most likely to lose to him.

It wasn't about not knowing Hidan's ability or losing for that matter, it was about Asuma's powers. He didn't show any wind jutsu or any kind of ability that made him special. Kakashi has Chidori and Guy has his 8 Gates and other Jonins stick out because of their abilities like Darui with his Storm Release.

Asuma's Hien attack is the only unique thing going for him but we already saw it in the Chunin Exam Invasion and Naruto can use it theoretically. When the chapter left off last time there was a hint of a new Wind Jutsu so I'm excited for that. :)

gliscor&yanmega
29th March 2011, 8:41 PM
To who so far? Kankuro, Darui, Omoi, Hanzo, Mifune, and Haku maybe. Anybody else was not developed at all like Samui and Atsui not to mention poor TenTen whose name I almost forgot.

It wasn't about not knowing Hidan's ability or losing for that matter, it was about Asuma's powers. He didn't show any wind jutsu or any kind of ability that made him special. Kakashi has Chidori and Guy has his 8 Gates and other Jonins stick out because of their abilities like Darui with his Storm Release.

Asuma's Hien attack is the only unique thing going for him but we already saw it in the Chunin Exam Invasion and Naruto can use it theoretically. When the chapter left off last time there was a hint of a new Wind Jutsu so I'm excited for that. :)

Basically everyone who has fought has got some form of development. Atsui and Samui aren't done yet, they aren't dead and could be released to do something later. Tenten isn't done with either.

Jutsus and abilities shouldn't be the only thing you focus on a character. There are other aspects. Asuma never got that much focus. Him sucking or not is a matter of opinion.

TsukiMirage
29th March 2011, 9:49 PM
Funny thing is, Asuma's suppose to be near Kakashi's level in skill, yet it really doesn't seem like it. Maybe we'll see something that proves that this chapter.

Shneak
29th March 2011, 9:53 PM
Anyway, the cover for volume 55 has been posted, although we currently only have a small version of it. Still, I think it looks really cool except for the Kyuubi in the background; it looks sort of weird. Well, yeah:

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd452/cilancress/naruto55.gif

I love this. Deidara looks wicked as a zombie (in full color.)

Thanks for the sig praises too. I can't take credit for the gif though.

Crimsonlink
29th March 2011, 10:02 PM
Jutsus and abilities shouldn't be the only thing you focus on a character. There are other aspects. Asuma never got that much focus. Him sucking or not is a matter of opinion.

When a character is a secondary character then yes Jutsus and Abilities are what you are supposed to focus on for that character like Danzo. After this war Darui will never appear again meaning his battles had better be good and they were, same with Asuma.

Sure some secondary character gets a bit of focus like Darui with his boss the Raikage but if you only appear for a bit then you better leave a good impact before you leave the series due to the main characters taking over. A secondary character like Asuma died a secondary death, he only had about 15ish people care for him and his story was finished. Now that he is back he can die a better way hopefully and with a bang.

Platinum fan.
30th March 2011, 1:40 AM
Asuma's fight with Hidan was poor. I mean Shikamaru was basically holding his hand the whole fight and it was because of his planning with his shadow jutsu's that Asuma even cut off Hidan's head. I'm amazed Shikamaru's not a Jonin, he's clearly one of Konoha's best. If I were a ninja I would hate to go against any squad he was leading. Asuma was pretty cool in part one but part two I don't know. If felt like he was out dated compared to the up and coming stars Shikamaru, Neji, Shino, heck even Sakura's fight with Sasori was more impressive. She destroyed the third Kazekage puppet without Granny Chiyo's help. Sadly nothing about Asuma really stands out. Even Darui is more impressive.

You know when I see some old scenes like Sasuke yelling at Kakashi to "Bring back my clan and I'll stop killing" I can't help but feel if any of the good guys knew Edo Tensei then the whole evil/emo Sasuke arc could have been avoided. I mean if someone actually does that Sasuke would stop being evil/emo right? If you really want Sasuke on your side just pull a Orochimaru and say you can revive his loved ones through the power of Edo Tensei.

Crimsonlink
30th March 2011, 2:01 AM
She destroyed the third Kazekage puppet without Granny Chiyo's help.

^This poster suffers from disbelief at the statement.

She did?!? O_o Mind Blown.... SAKURA HARUNO NOT USELESS FOR ONCE! I have to read/watch that fight again. Man quiet the shocking news for me.....

GaZsTiC
30th March 2011, 2:22 AM
This war so far has been built around giving development to characters.

Characters who we will never see again. I'm even willing to bet that this will be the last we see of Ino, Shikamaru and Chouji. I'm not particularly a Naruto fan anyway but this "war" has just gotten worse and worse each passing week. It doesn't feel like a war and I knew that the resurrected characters would be very stale/boring or even meaningless. Sure it could pick up, but I really can't stand the idea of another 12 months of this...

Lorde
30th March 2011, 3:14 AM
It does seem like the characters who are getting character development at the moment might die soon. I still think Darui will end up dying so all of that character development that he's gotten so far will go to waste if he does die. The same could be said of several other characters. Anyway, I figure that Kishi will kill off tons of characters in this arc since it looks like it'll be either the final arc or the arc before the final arc. I hope it's the latter and not the former because there is still tons of stuff that hasn't been covered.

gliscor&yanmega
30th March 2011, 2:31 PM
Everyone has different opinions. Some think the war is bad, others think it's good. Neither is right or wrong.

But whatever, spoilers:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8507/26850618.jpg

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9361/76684592.jpg

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6198/56980424.jpg

Chapter 533 : The promise

Shikamaru : **** ! ( He dodged )
---------------
Asuma : Chouza ! ( it sounds like Chouza tanks Asuma's fuuton )

Flashback Asuma : Oh yeah. I never actually told you who's the king. I'll tell you, come here.
( Basically the king speech when Asuma died )
FB Asuma : Take care of my king.
----------------
Shikamaru : Stop being a pussy, Chouji ! We're not supposed to be brats that need to be protected anymore. It's our turn, our duty to protect the king. Do you want Asuma's child to die ?

Ino : Shikamaru is right, Chouji. Why do you think we are wearing thoses earrings ?

Chouji : Soaring Change !

I'm not sure what Chouza says, but it sounds like Chouji went butterfly without the pills.
Shikamaru : Chouji !

Asuma : Yes, chouji ! I like your face, now.

LexSuicune
30th March 2011, 4:07 PM
I love this. Deidara looks wicked as a zombie (in full color.)

Thanks for the sig praises too. I can't take credit for the gif though.

I love your signature, haven't been keeping up with the anime, did the Mizukage fight against Sasuke air?

gliscor&yanmega
30th March 2011, 4:24 PM
259 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/03/30(水) 23:07:18.59 ID:bR5W1uZuP
533 誓いの時
情を捨てきれないチョウジを師アスマが襲う!!

アスマ 灰積焼!!
チョウジ吹っ飛ぶ
走り出すイノ
シカマル くそ!(かわされた!)
アスマ 印を結んで灰積焼!!
吹っ飛んだチョウジをイノが突っ込んでフォロー

カクズの雷の獣が消える
テンテン よし!雷を出すやつはやっつけた!!(いい物拾っちゃったけど誰の落し物だろう?( バショウセン ))
チョウザ巨大化でダンと戦う
イズモ、コテツでカクズを追う

シカマル 大丈夫か!?
イノ どうにかギリギリね…
チョウジ 何で… 何でこんな事になっちゃったんだよ!?
シカマル 今更泣きごと言うなよ!!オレ達でアスマを止めるって覚悟を決めたろ!!
アスマ なんて顔してやがるチョウジ!今のオレは敵でしかない!死んでる人間だ!容赦はいらん !!
チョウジ 分かってる… 分かってるけど…
アスマ いいかげんにしろデブ!!オレをやってみろ!!
シカマル イノ チョウジ …!
チョウジ ウオオオオ!! アスマに向かってパンチ~
アカデミー時代の思い出が出てくる。一緒にご飯食べたり
チョウジ寸前でアスマを殴れない
シカマル (だめだチョウジの奴… 完全に戦意喪失してやがる…!!)
シカマル、チャクラ刀出す
アスマ クナイ出しながら どうしてだチョウジ!!
シカマル、チャクラ刀投げる アスマ、クナイで交わす
シカマル (ダメか!!)チョウジ!!
アスマ チョウジ!!よけろ!
アスマ、クナイでチョウジを斬ろうとするけど、手首を捕まえて攻撃をかわすチョウジ
アスマ !
イノ 心転身
シカマル 心転身でチョウジに入ったないのの奴
イノ本体が倒れそうになると、背後から白ゼツが出てくる
シカマル影真似して、イノ本体で白ゼツにキック
チョウジ(イノ)影真似ありがとうシカマル!!
チョウジ いの…!
イノ 私達はアスマ先生と一緒に十班として多くの任務をこなしてきた アナタの気持ちもわかる … (シカマ ルだって私だってこんな戦いはイヤ決まってる…! でもそんなアスマ先生を知りつくしてる私達 だからこそ忍 連合のリスクを最小限にして止められる!)
チョウジVSチョウジ(イノ)
イノ チョウジ… アンタさ… この耳のピアスの意味忘れた訳じゃないでしょ!
チョウジ …

266 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/03/30(水) 23:12:50.15 ID:bR5W1uZuP
>>259

チョウザ (チョウジ…!)

回想
アスマ これで晴れて第十班は全員中忍だ そしてここでオレもお前らの担当から外れる これか らはお前ら一 人一人が隊長になり新たなチームを率いる事になる このピアスはオレから中忍祝いのプレゼント だ 
オレ達第十班のチームだった事を忘れないようにな! 
…そして…このピアスはお前達三つの一族において一人前になった証だ 
この耳飾りのしきたりの事は 
もう分かってるな… 
なら今してるリングピアスを各々の一族に返してこい… 
その時よりお前達は一人前の忍として一族に認められる!
さあ行って来い!
回想終わり

チョウジ …
チョウジ(イノ)キャッ!!
アスマ 火遁・灰積焼!!
そこにチョウザが体張って飛んでくる 灰積焼体で受け止める?
アスマ チョウザさん!!
チョウザ  くっ…
シカマル …

回想
アスマ そういや…玉のあの話… アレが誰だか教えてやる…耳貸せ…玉ってのは木の葉を担うこ れからの子供 たちだ 今…紅のお腹の中には…オレと…紅の…子供がいる お前達にオレの玉を 託す…!!
(紅の腕の中には男の赤ちゃんがいる絵)

シカマル チョウジいいかげんにしろ!!オレ達ゃもう守られるガキじゃねーハズだろ! 今は守 る側だ!!ア スマに己の子供を殺させる気か!!やさしさを履き違えるなっ!!!
チョウジ ハアハア
イノ シカマルの言うとおり!何のためにそのピアス付けてんの!!
チョウザ くっ…  甘えるな!!!チョウジ!!お前は秋道一族16代目だぞ!!

回想 チョウジ幼少期 チョウザに肩車されてお墓を見てる
チョウジ あの三つのマークの一番右が秋道一族のマークでしょ 他のはえっと…
チョウザ 中央が奈良一族… 左が山中一族だ 希少な秘伝忍術を扱う三つの一族達 昔から力を 合わせ手を組 みやってきた 特別な関係だからな 三つの一族は結束を強め一族を守るため 
承認役の猿飛一族から耳飾りが託され… 
その耳飾りに代々決まった誓いを立てるのが習わしだ
チョウジ チョウザの耳を触りながら コレでしょ… 他の一族の長も付けてたよね… 穴あけて 痛そう… 
チョウザ 近いを忘れぬよう それを常に耳に言い聞かせるものとしてピアスをする お前もいず れ穴を開けな きゃならないんだぞ
チョウジ え~何でエ?
チョウザ 己の子供が下忍になった時その子供が中忍になるまでの間オレのピアスをわたす… 己 の誓いをこの 耳に留めさせるための習わしだ…これも
チョウジ ボク痛いのヤダなあ…

中忍になった日
チョウザ 今日からお前も一人前だ 今度はお前がその新しいピアスに近いを宣言し 子供へあす け守り育てる 番になる
チョウジ う~ん
チョウザ 何だ?
チョウジ ボク…結婚出来るかな?
チョウザ なんて顔してる!チョウジ お前がアスマにいつも何か足りないって言われてるか分か ってるな?  父さんだって結婚出来たんだ自信をもて!
チョウジ 父さんの時みたいにはいかないかも… 時代が違うし そうそうマニアはいないから…
チョウザ さあチョウジ!宣言の時だ!もう誓いの言葉は知ってるな!
チョウジ う… うん…

274 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/03/30(水) 23:16:23.73 ID:bR5W1uZuP
>>259 >>266

チョウジ (自然に…なんとなく変わっていくんだと思ってた… 大人になれあば自然と心も体も 強くなってく と思ったのに…)
白眼の誰か チョウザさん早くこっちへ来てください!
チョウザ すまん!今行く!
チョウジ (誓いはただの儀式だと思ってた)
回想 中忍になった日
チョウジ 我ここに誓う! 秋道10代目当主として15代目より託されし誓いを 17代目へと 成りゆく童へ と託す! 我秋道チョウジは山中・奈良両一族を守り 
木の葉を守るため いざ蛹から蝶へとーーーー

チョウジ いのごめんよ… ボクはもう大丈夫… 変わってくれ!

翔かん!!!
チョウジ 変わんなきゃいけないんだ!!(背中から蝶の羽が生える)
チョウザ (薬も使わず羽をだしおったのか …チョウジ!)
イノ 心転身から戻る
シカマル チョウジ…!
アスマ (そうだチョウジ… その顔だ!!)
スマートチョウジ ドヤ顔

誓いを立てたチョウジ…!師を超えろ!!
終わり★サーセイ

This is what I got from Google translator:

Kakuzu fight is mentioned in the summary. Tenten seems to be in the fight as well or commenting on it. It seems Kakuzu's Lighting Demon was defeated.

Dan also mentioned.

The rest is Team 10 it seems.

That's what I got from Google Translator.

Zetsu also mentioned. But it's just White Zetsu Clone Army. Sounds like one was going for Ino but was stopped.

7 tyranitars
30th March 2011, 4:24 PM
yes they fought latest episode lex, @ manga amazing butterfly jutsu O_O

TsukiMirage
30th March 2011, 5:09 PM
So the return of butterfly Chouji. I honestly hope that if he took those pills again that he actually dies from their effect this time around. It's not that I want him to die, but we can't keep having characters survive just by luck.

uber gon
30th March 2011, 5:34 PM
Holy crap Chouji is gonna kick ***.

Lorde
30th March 2011, 5:47 PM
So Choji turns into a butterfly again eh? I have to admit that Butterfly Choji doesn't look as awesome as I remember. I'm glad that Choji appears to have gotten serious about fighting Asuma, but I still want him to die. The funny thing is that when you Google the word "Choji", one of the words that pops up is "Choji dies" :p

gliscor&yanmega
30th March 2011, 7:19 PM
Chapter 533 : The Promise.
Chouji who can't let go of his emotions, is attacked by Asuma.
Asuma : Dust Storm !
Chouji is blown off.
Ino starts running.
Shikamaru : Crap ! ( He dodged the shadow )
Asuma starts forming seals and use Dust Storm again.
Ino tackles Chouji to save him from Asuma's attack.
-------------------------------
Kakuzu's thunder mask is destroyed.
Tenten : Perfect ! I destroyed the thunder mask. ( I found something cool here, did someone lost that ? ) Bashosen !
Chouza fights Dan with his giant form.
Izumo and Kotetsu chase Kakuzu.
----------------------------
Shikamaru : Are you in one piece, guys ?
Ino : Yeah. I barely made it.
Chouji : Why ? Why did it have to end like this ?
Shikamaru : What are you weeping for now ? We were resolved to stop Asuma ourselves, right ?
Asuma : Stop making this face Chouji. The way I am now, I'm nothing but an enemy to you. I'm already dead. No mercy !
Chouji : I know, I know but ...
Asuma : Don't give me that ********, fatass ! Come and take me on !

Shikamaru : Ino, Chouji !
Chouji : WhooooooaaaaaAAAAAAAA ! *Chouji dashes to Asuma and punch him.*
Flashback to Academy days. Chouji is having lunch with his whole team.

Chouji still can't hit Asuma.

Shikamaru : ( Damn, Chouji still can't do it. He totally lost his fighting spirit and resolve )
Asuma is building chakra.
Shikamaru takes a Chakra Blade.
Asuma : Why Chouji ?
Shikamaru launch Chakra Blade, Asuma parry with Kunai.
Shikamaru : ( Crap !) Chouji !
Asuma : Dodge, Chouji !
Just as Asuma is about to hit Chouji, Chouji dodge the attack.
Asuma : !
Ino : Shintenshin !
Shikamaru : Good job, Ino. You mind switched with Chouji to make him dodge.
As Ino's body fell, White Zetsu comes from behind.

Shikamaru uses Shadow Mimic on Ino's lifeless body to kick Zetsu.
Chouji/Ino : Thank you, Shikamaru.
Chouji : Ino.
Ino : We did a lot of missions as Team 10 with Master Asuma. We know how you're feeling. Me and Shikamaru too, we wished this fight would never happen.
But it's because we know Asuma that we can take him on with minimal loss for the Ninja alliance.
Ino : Chouji. I think you did forget why we wear thoses earrings, right ?
Chouji : ...
-------------
Flashback
Asuma : Congratulation for all team 10. All of you are chuunin, now. And from on now, I no longer your teacher. Each one of you will lead your own team. Thoses earrings are a present for your promotion. So you will never forgot you were part of Team 10.
Thoses earrings belongs to each one of your family. It's the proof that you will become adults.
I think you get it, now.
Return thoses earrings to your families. And you will wear them when you will be fine ninjas.
----------------
Chouji : ...
Ino : Gyaah !
Asuma : Fire Release - Ash Pile Burning.
At this moment, Chouza jumps and takes the Katon full blast.
Asuma : Chouza !
Chouza : Guh !
Shikamaru : ...
---------------
Asuma : ( King talk from when he died )
Shikamaru : Stop being a pussy, Chouji ! We're not brats that need te be protected anymore. It's our turn to protect ! You would leave Asuma's child to die ? Don't mistake kindness and cowardness.
Chouji : *panting*
Ino : Shikamaru is right, why are you wearing this earring ?
Chouza : Stop behaving like a spoiled child, Chouji ! You're the 16's member of the Akimichi clan.

-------------------

Chouji : Are thoses marks, the symbol of the Akimichi clan ?
Chouza : The central one is for the Nara clan, the left one for the Yamanaka's.
Thoses are the marks for thoses who can use each of these clans Secret Techniques. Thoses 3 clans were allies since a long time ago.
We have a special relationship with them. For thoses 3 clans to protect their unity, since a long time ago, Jounin from the Sarutobi clan give us 3 earrings.
The custom is to give them when they say their vow.
Chouji : So, there is yours, dad. A lot of clan leader wear earrings too. I sounds painful.
Chouza : Some day, you will have to do a pearcing in you ear too.
Chouji : Why ?
Chouza : From the day you will become Genin, to the day you will become Chuunin. I will give you this earring.
Chouji : I don't like being hurt.
------------
When Chouji became Chuunin.
Chouza : Now, you're a full fledged ninja. I will give you this new earring. I will be your turn to protect, now.
Chouji : Will I get married too ?
Chouza : Stop being depressed. do you know why Asuma always says you lack something ?
I got married too, have more faith in yourself.
Chouji : I don't think I will be like you. The times are differents, now. I'm not as strong as you are.
Chouza : It's time Chouji, time for your vow.
-------------
Chouji : ( Here I was thinking I changed with the time. My mind and body were supposed to have grown )
Some white eye dude call for Chouza.
Chouza : Sorry, I'm coming.
Chouji : ( For me, the vow was just a plain ritual )
-------------
Chouji : Here I promise. Like the 10th clan leader before me. From the 15th member to the 17th, as I am the 16th. With my fellow Nara and Yamanaka clan members, I vow to protect Konoha. Now, from the cryzalis, the butterfly will take flight.

Chouji : Sorry, Ino. I'm okay now. I will change.
Soaring change !
Chouji : I have to change !
Chouza : ( You can brought the Soar Form without the pills ? Chouji ... )
Ino returns from the Shintenshin.
Shikamaru : Chouji !
Asuma : That's it, Chouji. That's the face.
Slim Chouji returns.

END

EDIT: Added more.

EDIT: Added the last part.

TsukiMirage
30th March 2011, 7:52 PM
Holy crap, Tenten took out Kakuzu's lightning mask with the Banana Palm Fan! This chapter is prefect.

Oh yeah, and Chouji takes his butterfly mode without using the pills. Interesting.

gliscor&yanmega
30th March 2011, 8:06 PM
Tenten, Choji, and it seem Ino have got some focus this chapter. Choji has the most though.

I'd say Team 10 fight will be over next chapter and Dan and Kakuzu will be the next fights focused on. Then maybe Hinata and Neji randomly appear and Hizashi and Hiashi fight adds Hinata and Neji into it. Then all the Edos will be done with there and we move to Gaara's division vs the Edo Kages.

EDIT: I'd say:
Chapter 534-Conclusion to Team 10 + The focus shifting to Dan.
Chapter 535-Conclusion to Dan. With Kakuzu focused on next.
Chapter 536-Kakuzu focused on. Hizashi and Hiashi also.
Chapter 537-Conclusion to Kakuzu. Neji and Hinata enter the Hizashi and Hiashi fight.
Chapter 538-More focus on the fight, with some updates on Mifune and that.
Chapter 539-Conclusion to Hizashi and that.
Chapter 540-Gaara's division vs Edo Kages.

TsukiMirage
30th March 2011, 8:18 PM
Good guess, though I think we'll go back to Kakashi and the Edo Swordsmen before getting to Gaara and Onoki vs the Edo kages.

gliscor&yanmega
30th March 2011, 8:33 PM
Good guess, though I think we'll go back to Kakashi and the Edo Swordsmen before getting to Gaara and Onoki vs the Edo kages.

Perhaps.

I think Kishi is going to finish Edo Tensei at the climax of the war which should end up being a very big and surprising part. A fatal blow to the alliance would be climax worthy I'd say. And I guess Onoki does have the best chance of dieing, he probably would get better develop when he dies, ends up passing on his will to the young people and getting back the principles he lost and what not.

Although I was hoping for Deidara vs Onoki with Deidara's soul being put to rest because of whatever reason. Although I guess it can be done via Kurotsuchi or Akatsuchi, maybe even Kitsuchi...or not at all.

But if Kishi plans on killing no one yet then I think Kakashi's fight will be handle last with showing off Kakashi's full powers and all that, which is also rather climax worthy especially since Kishi said he'll focus on Kakashi this year(Even though he said that last year too).

After all the Edo Tensei stuff it done with, White Zetsu Clone Army makes it's move and reveals they were trolling all along. Black Zetsu gets the Damiyos. Madara sits on his chair going "Everything is going according to plan". Kabuto is just there crying in a corner over how he failed, Anko stabs him in the back and he dies.

gliscor&yanmega
30th March 2011, 8:44 PM
Oh wow...chapter already out.

EDIT: I liked it. Choji was great.

Platinum fan.
30th March 2011, 9:06 PM
Great stuff! Great stuff! Shikamaru never ceases to amaze me, every chapter he's amazing without question but this time Ino and Choji show there worth as well. Ino will never be a very physical fighter but her timing of the mind switch Jutsu has gotten really good since part one. She's come a long way. Choji's finally getting another moment since his fight against the Sound Four. I'm officially into the Team 10 vs Asuma fight now! Ironically Asuma still hasn't impressed me Jutsu wise but his relationship with Ino, Choij, and Shikamaru makes the fight more interesting then I gave credit for.

Best of all was Tenten. She only had one panel, but Tenten came, Tenten saw, and Tenten actually killed something! For the rest of the arc I want to see Tenten go on a rampage and slaughter things. If any character deserves it it's her. Tenten vs Kakuzu FTW!

gliscor&yanmega
30th March 2011, 9:34 PM
Tenten actually didn't seem to have done anything yet. She mentioned "He took out the Lighting Demon", which may be referring to Asuma's attack. When your break it down it makes sense:

Wind beats Lighting so the mask probably would fail much easier against an Element it's weak against.

Tenten said "he" and probably was referring to a male and not the fan(Unless she's one of those people who gives genders to objects).

Tenten also said the fan looked cool, which implies she hasn't even used it, other wise she would be more likely to say "This thing is pretty useful" or something of the sort.

The positioning looks awkward for it to be an attack from her.

It's a very unclear situation for sure. One panel isn't always enough to get enough details.

But it does seem like she was just commenting on the situation.

Platinum fan.
30th March 2011, 9:45 PM
So true. I still hope for Tenten to fight now that they actually gave her a reason to with the new weapon. It was also great to see Kurenai again during a flashback. It will probably be awhile before she comes back into a squad leader if she does come back. I wonder who's leading Kiba, Hinata, and Shino?

Shneak
30th March 2011, 9:45 PM
So hyped from the spoilers. I'll read it now.

EDIT:

Great chapter. Tenten didn't kill the lightning monster, but she has the fan now. I'm really hoping she kicks Kakuzu's ***, because it's implying that she will.

KURENAI HAD HER BABY!

Choji is getting some character development, and a new power-up. Anyone else find this odd? Shikamaru has gotten a lot, but Ino hasn't gotten nearly as much. But both of them are doing pretty well in this fight. I think Choji will die.

I agree with The 4th Kira, that characters who get development will/may die.

gliscor&yanmega
30th March 2011, 9:51 PM
So true. I still hope for Tenten to fight now that they actually gave her a reason to with the new weapon. It was also great to see Kurenai again during a flashback. It will probably be awhile before she comes back into a squad leader if she does come back. I wonder who's leading Kiba, Hinata, and Shino?

Tenten probably will end up fighting, looks like it's being foreshadow. Unless she'll just give Darui the weapon and go back to commentary...that's Zetsu's job though...or was.

Well, from the flashback of Choji of Asuma. It seems once you become Chunin you are no longer in your Team anymore. Kiba, Hinata, and Shino are all Chunin since the start of part 1, so they probably don't have a leader.

Although it's kind of odd since we still say Asuma leading his team, same with Guy, and Kakashi and Kiba mentioned at the start of part two that they were going on a mission with Kurenai. I guess it was mainly due to the bond they shared at teacher and student, or maybe I just misread the chapter...but I'm looking at the page right now. So confused.

Platinum fan.
30th March 2011, 9:58 PM
If that's true then most of Naruto's classmates just stick together then. Naruto is still a Genin so I can see why he still needs a leader (Despite the fact that he's Konoha's greatest Shinobi right now) I also remember Kiba saying going on a mission with Kurenai, that was of course before she became pregnant. Team Guy still seem to go on mission's together. Shikamaru is the only one I've really seen branch out from his usual team from time to time.

And you could be right about Tenten's role. Wouldn't surprise me at all. We can't have a female steal the show for once can we? :(

Shneak
30th March 2011, 10:05 PM
Tenten probably will end up fighting, looks like it's being foreshadow. Unless she'll just give Darui the weapon and go back to commentary...that's Zetsu's job though...or was.

Kishi is the ultimate troll.

Lorde
30th March 2011, 10:17 PM
I finally read the chapter. The fact that Ino had to possess Choji in order to save him was odd. I always thought that it would be the other way around since Ino is usually useless but she was really cool in this chapter. I also liked that one of the Zetsu tried to get at her but it didn't last very long. One thing that bothers me about these fights against the "zombies" is the lack of jutsu diversity. Asuma used that ash jutsu again and I thought it was a boring move to use. Anyway, blah blah blah butterfly Aizen Choji blah blah.

Charminions
31st March 2011, 12:32 AM
Wow, Tenten actually gets the fan. Besides that the chapter was pretty boring since all it was was Chouji being useless.

TsukiMirage
31st March 2011, 9:46 AM
The positioning looks awkward for it to be an attack from her. Not really. Kinkaku was in a similar position when he used it (http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-527/page012.html). So that itself doesn't mean it wasn't Tenten's attack. I'm gonna wait for a clearer translation, though it isn't looking too likely.

Anyway, Ino continues to be quite impressive. Not only does she save Chouji from Asuma's attack but she took him over to fight for him. Nice how Asuma tried to get Chouji angry enough to hit him shame it didn't work out. But we got to see Team Seven use their abilities to help each other out. Not only that, but we got some more info on the connection between the members of Team Seven and their clans. Seems like they got back for many generations. It was pretty neat to see Asuma's child. It took a little long, but Chouji finally got some confidence again and was even able to pull off his butterfly mode without the pills. Tenten looked awesome with the Banana Fan, even if she may not have did anything, though it's hard to tell and we even got to see that Izumo and Kotetsu still fighting Kakuzu. Pretty good chapter.

Crimsonlink
31st March 2011, 10:35 AM
I wish Kishi would give a number of Ninja revived so we know how overpowered Kabuto is and how many battles are left to fight.

I'll make a list here but don't expect it to be perfect.

Defeated:
Sasori, Deidara, Sai's brother, Kin/Gin Brothers, Hanzo and Asuma next chapter.
Still a threat:
Nagato, Itachi, Kakuzu, Sand-nin with Scorch release, Iwa-nin, Mist sensor-nin with Sasori's group, 7 Mist Swordsman, Haku, Dan, the 6 Jinchuriki, the kages, and some others I can't remember.

lucky_u
31st March 2011, 5:42 PM
I wish Kishi would give a number of Ninja revived so we know how overpowered Kabuto is and how many battles are left to fight.

I'll make a list here but don't expect it to be perfect.

Defeated:
Sasori, Deidara, Sai's brother, Kin/Gin Brothers, Hanzo and Asuma next chapter.
Still a threat:
Nagato, Itachi, Kakuzu, Sand-nin with Scorch release, Iwa-nin, Mist sensor-nin with Sasori's group, 7 Mist Swordsman, Haku, Dan, the 6 Jinchuriki, the kages, and some others I can't remember.

Haku is down, together with Zabuza.
Old woman Chiyo is still up.
I also didn't remember much.*sigh*

Chouji goes butterfly mode, finally to show his awesomeness.
Now...who's the next Underrated Ninja to show his/her?

TsukiMirage
31st March 2011, 6:34 PM
The current situation with the Edo summons is this:
- Sasori and Shin have been freed from this world again.
- Deidara is contained in Kankuro's puppet at the moment.
- Zabuza, Haku, and Hanzou have all been sealed in cloth.
- Ginkaku is sealed on the Guord and Kinkaku is sealed in the Amber Pot.
- Asuma, Dan, Hizashi, and Kakuzu are all still fighting Darui's squad.
- Chiyo, Kimimaro, and Chukichi are fighting Mifune's squad.
- The six Mist swordsmen, Gari, and Pakura are fighting Kakashi's squad.
- The former four Kages are facing off against Gaara's squad.
- The seven Jinchuuriki's, Nagato, Itachi, and a unnamed Kumo ninja are unaccounted for.
- Torune.
- And finally, the Edo summon that Kabuto threaten Madara with is still in his possession.

So as far as we have seen, Kabuto had 38 Edo summons originally and currently has 30 summons still fighting. Though he could still have some more up his sleeves.

Chouji goes butterfly mode, finally to show his awesomeness.
Now...who's the next Underrated Ninja to show his/her? Shino definitely. He's been treated about as bad as Tenten has, so he could use a big fight and some background info.

Lorde
31st March 2011, 8:32 PM
That Edo Tensei technique is totally broken. I wish Kishi had just gone with something else but he went with the same old technique that Orochimaru used. I just hope that we get to see what's inside that other coffin that Kabuto summoned to scare Madara. I know we've talked about the possibilities before but I'm dying to know what's inside. But yeah, moving on, I really think that Kishi did a good thing by having TenTen do something useful for once. She was always just standing there in the back and now it looks like she's helping fight Kakuzu.

GaZsTiC
31st March 2011, 8:58 PM
If anything I'm willing to bet that it is Madara's original body in the coffin.

On another subject, looks like it's time for Sakura to become the worst female character in history next week in the anime.

uber gon
31st March 2011, 9:50 PM
5 bucks Ino marries Choji. Heh.

Anyway it looks like Choji is gonna do some major damage soon.

7 tyranitars
31st March 2011, 10:19 PM
yep and since he didn't took those pills he will survive :D

Shneak
31st March 2011, 10:24 PM

Probably..

7 tyranitars
31st March 2011, 10:40 PM
Probably..
yep most likely

GaZsTiC
31st March 2011, 10:47 PM

Probably..

yep most likely

...I doubt it.

Tinygreyalien
31st March 2011, 11:18 PM
...I doubt it.
ino's into sai and chouji's not that confident in anything

Platinum fan.
31st March 2011, 11:49 PM
That Edo Tensei technique is totally broken. I wish Kishi had just gone with something else but he went with the same old technique that Orochimaru used. I just hope that we get to see what's inside that other coffin that Kabuto summoned to scare Madara. I know we've talked about the possibilities before but I'm dying to know what's inside. But yeah, moving on, I really think that Kishi did a good thing by having TenTen do something useful for once. She was always just standing there in the back and now it looks like she's helping fight Kakuzu.

Edo Tensei's up there with the Mangekyo Sharigan in terms of cheapness. I don't know what they were thinking in bringing back old ninjas that have already died, especially if the one's that killed them are fighting in the war. As for what's in the coffin? Who knows, maybe it's a genetic fusion of all the greatest ninja's in existence put together and the Naruto version of Cell? Nah, whatever it is we all know Tenten and her new weapon will kill it.

Joking on the last part.

Shadow Lucario
1st April 2011, 1:19 AM
Anyway, Ino continues to be quite impressive. Not only does she save Chouji from Asuma's attack but she took him over to fight for him. Nice how Asuma tried to get Chouji angry enough to hit him shame it didn't work out. But we got to see Team Seven use their abilities to help each other out. Not only that, but we got some more info on the connection between the members of Team Seven and their clans. Seems like they got back for many generations.

Team Ten. Team Seven was Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. Kimimaro might be hard to beat as he was never killed. He died from Cancer or whatever he had.

Lorde
1st April 2011, 7:00 AM
5 bucks Ino marries Choji.

I don't think Ino's ever shown any true affection for Choji, at least not that I can remember. I am wondering if any of the characters will end up together when the series ends, though. That might be interesting. Anyway, I'm surprised that Choji didn't take those food pills this time. I assumed that he needed those to transform into butterfly mode, but I guess he doesn't. It might be a sign of how much he's improved.

smashlloyd20
1st April 2011, 8:08 AM
I don't think Ino's ever shown any true affection for Choji, at least not that I can remember. I am wondering if any of the characters will end up together when the series ends, though. That might be interesting. Anyway, I'm surprised that Choji didn't take those food pills this time. I assumed that he needed those to transform into butterfly mode, but I guess he doesn't. It might be a sign of how much he's improved.

Seeing as his dad was very surprised when he did this, I don't think the Butterfly Mode is a normal Akimichi technique.