PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105

lucky_u
13th July 2011, 2:54 PM
Interesting chapter. Got some flashback and some fight there.

I noticed that Gaara's eyes have the black circle, when he was born.
That seems to be the sign of the Gaara's Sand release technique.
I could be wrong though.

multi-scale
13th July 2011, 3:21 PM
It's hereditary?
The way Gaara's dad (can we get a name please?) says "You have friends" makes me feel bad because other than Gaara, Naruto, and Bee, (and maybe Yugito), none of the jinchuriki ever had friends, despite the fact that some of them were a lot older than Gaara.

Crimsonlink
13th July 2011, 3:41 PM
I know Kishi doesn't portray females well in his manga but I just realized that there is only 1 female Jinchuriki out of 9 excluding the time Kushina and Mito was one of them. Now that I think about it, Samui's team is the only team with 2 girls in a team.

Well besides me pointing out that I think next weeks chapter will get more jutsu heavy hopefully. Kishi seems to skip out on jutsus and focuses on close combat for some fights. So having the kages throw around some high level ninjutsu will be pretty cool.

gliscor&yanmega
13th July 2011, 4:22 PM
It's hereditary?
The way Gaara's dad (can we get a name please?) says "You have friends" makes me feel bad because other than Gaara, Naruto, and Bee, (and maybe Yugito), none of the jinchuriki ever had friends, despite the fact that some of them were a lot older than Gaara.

We don't know if the other Jinchuriki ever had friends since for the most part they were all captured off panel, and no back story was ever given to them yet.

I know Kishi doesn't portray females well in his manga but I just realized that there is only 1 female Jinchuriki out of 9 excluding the time Kushina and Mito was one of them. Now that I think about it, Samui's team is the only team with 2 girls in a team.

There are two female Jinchuriki, Yugito and Fuu.

Crimsonlink
13th July 2011, 4:31 PM
^ Opps but you get my point right?

Lorde
13th July 2011, 4:42 PM
There are two female Jinchuriki, Yugito and Fuu.

Can we really count that Fuu person? Kishi himself said that he wasn't completely sure about that character's gender. I thought they were female for a while, but now I'm seeing some male characteristics.

JD
13th July 2011, 4:58 PM
Wow, this was a pretty emotional chapter... the only thing I don't like is they seem to be focused on Muu and Gaara's father it doesn't seem like the other two kage are doing much. Well they did get captured by Gaara's sand and all so I'm guessing they'll be constricted by the sand the entire fight unless they get out somehow

SharpedoX
13th July 2011, 5:36 PM
Good to know Gaara's sand manipulation wasn't Shukaku's doing. This puts an end to the debate of whether or not the extraction of the Shukaku would hinder Gaara's power. So, Yondaime Kazekage's Golden Dust seemed to play a part in helping Sunagukare's econom afterall. Nice touch. I like Kishimoto's way of not forgetting these little details throughout the manga.

Overall, a nice chapter. Looking forward to see Oonoki and Muu's match.

Grovyl
13th July 2011, 7:40 PM
It's hereditary?

Then there's how Gaara was a complete psycho before.

Crimsonlink
14th July 2011, 4:29 AM
Can we really count that Fuu person? Kishi himself said that he wasn't completely sure about that character's gender. I thought they were female for a while, but now I'm seeing some male characteristics

I think Fuu is a girl for sure. There was a color page with her this week with Madara and 2 other Jinchurikki.

TsukiMirage
14th July 2011, 8:02 AM
While I seriously hope that Fuu remains a girl, the past couple of chapters she's been portray sort of flat-chested and boyish.

uber gon
14th July 2011, 3:38 PM
While I seriously hope that Fuu remains a girl, the past couple of chapters she's been portray sort of flat-chested and boyish.

I just hope Kishi doesn't give her Bible Black powers. Seriously.

JD
14th July 2011, 4:08 PM
I can't really see how Fuu is a boy... her body looks pretty feminine to me
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090927220014/naruto/images/thumb/9/92/Jinch%C5%ABriki.jpg/617px-Jinch%C5%ABriki.jpg

7 tyranitars
14th July 2011, 5:08 PM
I say female, also what do you mean Fuu being displayed a more boy-ish last few characters you could see her only in a few screens and even then she was barely visable.

multi-scale
14th July 2011, 5:35 PM
When has she ever shown boyish characteristics?

gliscor&yanmega
14th July 2011, 5:57 PM
I think Fuu is a girl for sure. There was a color page with her this week with Madara and 2 other Jinchurikki.

That color page is fan made. There was no color pages drawn by Kishi this week. Next week however, will be color pages(As it said on the last page of the recent chapter). I don't know about what will be on the cover, usually Kishi does them of characters who are currently being focused on(Kages). We'll probably get a page or two of color as well. So hopefully with all that we'll know the colors of the Edo Kages(Hopefully their names are revealed too, only Muu is known so far).

TsukiMirage
14th July 2011, 7:39 PM
I just hope Kishi doesn't give her Bible Black powers. Seriously. I'm sadden that I know exactly what you're talking about.

I say female, also what do you mean Fuu being displayed a more boy-ish last few characters you could see her only in a few screens and even then she was barely visable. By boyish, I meant masculine. She's beginning to remind me of Sai, something that wasn't there before.

http://img.mangastream.com/m/1/57765310/7145cfd8b45da890d9d9488220271de6.png
http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/39717916/16

7 tyranitars
14th July 2011, 9:21 PM
I'm sadden that I know exactly what you're talking about.

By boyish, I meant masculine. She's beginning to remind me of Sai, something that wasn't there before.

I missed that part I guese. Still I think she is a girl. (Yes I'm being stubborn :D)

Lorde
14th July 2011, 10:35 PM
Fuu's got these really muscular abs, which makes me think that maybe Fuu's male. Like I said before, even Kishi isn't sure about Fuu's gender. He said that Fuu is female for now, but he may change it later on. Personally, I hope we get confirmation in the manga. Not knowing a character's gender is irritating.

TsukiMirage
15th July 2011, 5:06 AM
I missed that part I guese. Still I think she is a girl. (Yes I'm being stubborn :D) I'm the same way. I honestly hope Kishi didn't forget or decide to change her to a boy. We need more strong females and Yugito being the only female Jinchuuriki around would be sort of sad.

Grovyl
15th July 2011, 6:18 AM
By boyish, I meant masculine. She's beginning to remind me of Sai, something that wasn't there before.

Ah, I hope she/he's not another Sai. Fuu still looks like a girl, with the clip in her hair. I don't know why any guy in his right mind would put a clip in their hair.. And then why would Kishi make a guy dress like a girl. Well I guess if he said Fuu's a girl now that explains it. No one really pays attention to her, so he could easily change it. If he doesn't wait too long.

Shneak
15th July 2011, 6:50 AM
Fuu is definitely a female. There is no way...

Crimsonlink
15th July 2011, 10:49 AM
Well with Haku a few 100 chapters back, Fuu being male wouldn't shock me too much.

Blaziryu
15th July 2011, 12:02 PM
So Gaara's mother loved him after all. I'm not surprised. I knew Yashamaru was just mindf***ing Gaara to make him the Sand's ultimate killing machine. I hope Gaara gains the ability of controlling gold dust like his father.

Lorde
15th July 2011, 5:25 PM
So Gaara's mother loved him after all. I'm not surprised. I knew Yashamaru was just mindf***ing Gaara to make him the Sand's ultimate killing machine. I hope Gaara gains the ability of controlling gold dust like his father.

It's sad that Gaara was treated so poorly by his father. But I'm glad that we know more about what happened back in Sunagakure. I'm glad that Gaara was loved by his mother, and I'm glad that he's become strong enough to stop his father. After all, Gaara is one of my favorite characters, so I can't help cheering for him.

Banana Knight Arthur
15th July 2011, 11:58 PM
These last few chapters have been quite satisfying in regards to plot development.

Learning all these things about Gaara's past, as well as how his mother really loved him, and how far he's come without knowing that, thinking she hated him. He was able to overcome it all.

RasenShuriken6
16th July 2011, 1:26 AM
to me it felt like this chapter was rushed. i hope in the next chapter we see more fighting

shadow wolf
16th July 2011, 2:06 AM
to me it felt like this chapter was rushed. i hope in the next chapter we see more fighting

Why do say it was rushed?

RasenShuriken6
16th July 2011, 2:12 AM
Why do say it was rushed?

there just wasn't as much fighting as i thought there would be. i mean look how fast gaara caught everyone in his sand

Banana Knight Arthur
16th July 2011, 2:39 AM

As always, there is only so much one can cover in 15-19 pages.

That is why there is always room to expand the length of these fights/confrontations in the anime.

shadow wolf
16th July 2011, 2:41 AM
@RasenShuriken6
True, but the backstory was most of the chapter and that took awhile. I doubt the fight is over, it is just getting started. Then again with Kishi's track record with the war fights, it may be short. I predict maybe 2-3 chapters for the fight.

TsukiMirage
16th July 2011, 8:58 AM
Things do seem to be rushing, considering Kishi has basically skipped over large portions of the battle in favor of developing a few characters. This war isn't exactly turning out to be as epic as one would have expected.

Lorde
16th July 2011, 7:40 PM
I noticed the change in pacing a long time ago, around the time that we got those Kushina chapters. I'm not surprised, though. It's obvious that Kishi wants to end the series quickly. He's trying to fit a lot of stuff into a single chapter these days, which is making the manga a tad bit messy. Still, it's much better than having a dragged-out arc.

Mark1006
16th July 2011, 8:10 PM
Well the manga is expected to end in about a year.Also I'm guessing the anime is going to go into a lot more detail, there's no reason to rush the anime plus more episodes means more money.

Banana Knight Arthur
16th July 2011, 8:24 PM
Well the manga is expected to end in about a year.Also I'm guessing the anime is going to go into a lot more detail, there's no reason to rush the anime plus more episodes means more money.

Whaaaaa?!?!?

I was working on the assumption we still had at least about 2-3 years/100-140ish chapters left.

How on earth can we resolve the war, the big fight/beatdown against Madara?
That alone I see as going at least 50 chapters deep from now.

Also I'd expect at least 20-30 chapters for the big fight of Sasuke v. Naruto.

Plus another 20-30 of windup and winddown combined maybe 10-15 both before and after those two confrontations

Lorde
16th July 2011, 8:35 PM
Also I'd expect at least 20-30 chapters for the big fight of Sasuke v. Naruto.

I certainly don't. In fact, at the rate things are going, I don't see that fight being longer than 5 chapters. I forget the length of Naruto and Sasuke's fight at the end of Part 1, but it didn't seem to be that long; I think it was maybe 7-8 chapters long. Anyway, I think the manga will last at least another year or so. Madara seems to be ready to capture Killer Bee, and Sasuke will go after Naruto soon, too. I think the story can end relatively quickly.

thatguycharizard34
16th July 2011, 8:42 PM
Honestly, I don't really care how long it goes on for, I just want action

Can someone tell me if the latest anime has been aired yet?

TsukiMirage
16th July 2011, 8:58 PM
I seriously doubt Kishi will end the story in just a year. If that was the case, he would probably skip all these flashbacks and just focus on the main war.

RasenShuriken6
16th July 2011, 9:44 PM

Can someone tell me if the latest anime has been aired yet?

i agree. just as long as there is a lot more action then what we are seeing now i will be satisfied. so far i feel that there has been more talking and less fighting.

as for the latest naruto, it will be out next week. there is no episode this week

Banana Knight Arthur
16th July 2011, 11:07 PM
I only jump into the anime when it is featuring action. Last stuff I watched was the Sasuke vs Danzo arc.

I do regularly follow the manga every week

Lorde
16th July 2011, 11:22 PM
I only jump into the anime when it is featuring action. Last stuff I watched was the Sasuke vs Danzo arc.

I do regularly follow the manga every week

Same here. I tend to only watch the anime when they're showing action-packed episodes. If it's some filler episode with a lot of talking, then I'll usually skip it. I follow the manga every week as well, plus I purchase the volumes just so that I have the material right in front of me. I took a break from the manga around this time last year, though. It was pretty cool, because I got back into it and there was a lot of new information.

Banana Knight Arthur
16th July 2011, 11:34 PM
Same here. I tend to only watch the anime when they're showing action-packed episodes. If it's some filler episode with a lot of talking, then I'll usually skip it. I follow the manga every week as well, plus I purchase the volumes just so that I have the material right in front of me. I took a break from the manga around this time last year, though. It was pretty cool, because I got back into it and there was a lot of new information.

That's why I stick to the manga.

I NEVER watch the fillers, although I do plan on going back to watch the Utakata/rokubi arc.

That was interesting how the sanbi and Rokubi were treated differently in the anime vs the manga.

RasenShuriken6
17th July 2011, 12:10 AM
i keep up with the manga every week. i also watch the anime every week, let it be action packed or not i still enjoy watching it. can't wait for the new naruto game to come out though :D

Banana Knight Arthur
17th July 2011, 12:13 AM
I played the PSP Ultimate ninja 3 or whatever it was called.

Quite underwhelming I must say.

Although it was nice to use all the techniques seen in the manga, mostly the ones yet to be seen on/in the anime.

RasenShuriken6
17th July 2011, 12:18 AM
only naruto games i played were the ones that were on 360. i really enjoyed ultimate ninja storm 2. the boss fights were amazing. the only complaint i had about it was the online. it was full of people who spam

Banana Knight Arthur
17th July 2011, 12:20 AM
@Rasen, online games are the worst, Naruto or otherwise, when people use Action Replay or Hacking, makes you want to rage/quit.

I did play a Naruto game on the Gamecube back in the olden ages, very generic game that was.

RasenShuriken6
17th July 2011, 12:25 AM
online games can be quite irritating but then again they can be fun if your playing with the right people. when i played naruto online i just mostly played with my friends. i couldn't deal with the endless rasengan barrage spam from people who used sage naruto. single player for that game was good enough to get me by

Banana Knight Arthur
17th July 2011, 12:33 AM
online games can be quite irritating but then again they can be fun if your playing with the right people. when i played naruto online i just mostly played with my friends. i couldn't deal with the endless rasengan barrage spam from people who used sage naruto. single player for that game was good enough to get me by

That's intriguing.

My favorite moves to use were Kirin, Sasuke's big thunder giraffe.dragon you could use the Japanese voice-overs, and he'd say "Die together, With the Thunder!!", and Itachi's Amaterasu, it was good for spamming, in a non-cheating way.

Also, Kabuto's Nirvana feather sleep-inducing jutsu.

Emperor Empoleon
17th July 2011, 12:40 AM
I don't mind the new pacing tbh..I'm still enjoying these meetings with the revived shinobi. It's short and sweet imo..Can't wait to see Sasuke freak out over Itachi. I kinda want to see the Tailed-Beast crew together.

i couldn't deal with the endless rasengan barrage spam from people who used sage naruto. single player for that game was good enough to get me by

Deidara spammers are worse :'[ But Storm 2 still rocks..Storm Generations should be great too.

RasenShuriken6
17th July 2011, 1:23 AM
I don't mind the new pacing tbh..I'm still enjoying these meetings with the revived shinobi. It's short and sweet imo..Can't wait to see Sasuke freak out over Itachi. I kinda want to see the Tailed-Beast crew together.

Deidara spammers are worse :'[ But Storm 2 still rocks..Storm Generations should be great too.

oh man they were the absolute worst. but yeah it was still a very fun game to play. i still play it from time to time. but generations does look to be a good game so far

Lorde
17th July 2011, 3:04 AM

It's too bad that a lot of the recent fights have contained more talking than action. I wish Kishi would find the right balance so that every fight would be awesome. This current fight that's going on between the Edo Tensei Kage and the Allied Shinobi Forces already looks like it'll be a talk-fest. I bet we'll get another flashback chapter next week.

-Raiga-
17th July 2011, 3:41 PM
My main problem with the video games(and most anime games in general) is the presentation.

The reason why, say the rasen-shuriken, is great is because of all the buildup and story to it. But instead we just do a battle against kakuzu and see a glorified version of it.

I think if they built up a good text/cut-scene system that didn't use much memory(or be tedious to go through), they'd be able to get the moments more correct and detailed. Which if they did go that extra mile, might be able to get new fans who don't even know what naruto is, because they could understand whats going on.

I believe if they combined that with the already great presentation most of the games have(like ninja storm) they'd have great game on their hands.

Platinum fan.
17th July 2011, 4:09 PM
I've never played any of the Naruto games. Never felt like wasting the money on them and I only watch the anime for certain fight sequences like Naruto vs Pain and such but I never really watch the talking parts and I don't watch filler episodes anymore. I haven't seen one shippuden filler episode.

I've already said the war arc has disappointed me. I mean so far there has been nothing that made me really sad or want the characters to survive. I know it sounds heartless and cruel but this is war, he needs to kill off some of his characters to make it war like. I was more emotional for the Pain arc then this. At least several ninja's including Kakashi, Shizune, the sage toad, and other ninjas were being killed off during the war against him and Hinata and Choji's dad came close to death, even Tsunade looked like she was going to die. They came back to life but before they pulled a 'Dragon Ball Z' I was really into it. This war arc, everyone is just sealing away the Edo Tensei's, nobody is dying and I feel no real emotion to the fights at all really. It has it's good moments as it's not a total bad arc but I just had higher expectations and I can't wait for this so called one sided war to end. I still love the Naruto series. Not as much though.

Lorde
17th July 2011, 5:28 PM
I mean so far there has been nothing that made me really sad or want the characters to survive.

I feel the same way. I think death is a regular part of this series, but so far, none of the important characters have died, so there hasn't been as much drama. I did think that Sasori's death was a little bit sad, but apart from that, there weren't any other moments that made me really sad. I remember crying with Itachi died, but I haven't cried since then :x

Crimsonlink
17th July 2011, 5:51 PM
The best death in the series so far has been Asuma's death. Jiraiya's too but thats pretty much it.

Platinum fan.
17th July 2011, 6:00 PM
I feel the same way. I think death is a regular part of this series, but so far, none of the important characters have died, so there hasn't been as much drama. I did think that Sasori's death was a little bit sad, but apart from that, there weren't any other moments that made me really sad. I remember crying with Itachi died, but I haven't cried since then :x

I got very emotional when Kakashi was about to die and he told Obito and Rin that he was about to join them and he reflected on his life as a ninja of Konoha and all the things that have happened until now. That was so sad. I was also sad for Jiraiya's death, because I really liked his relationship with Naruto. I was sad for Asuma but not as much as Kakashi and Jiraiya, mainly because I didn't know his character all that well (I only read the manga after all) I was more sad for Shikamaru's team and how they felt then for Asuma himself really.

Seriously this war arc doesn't capture the emotion of the other arcs. Maybe Kishi's saving the deaths for Madara, Sasuke, and Kabuto?

Mark1006
17th July 2011, 6:46 PM
What saved the War arc for me are two scenes that are some of my favourite points in the whole manga so far;
1.Seeing rage in Sai's eyes
2.Seing Choji growing the butterfly wings on his own

Death isn't the only time a manga can spark emotion, and that emotion doesn't have to be sadness.

Lorde
17th July 2011, 10:26 PM
Seriously this war arc doesn't capture the emotion of the other arcs. Maybe Kishi's saving the deaths for Madara, Sasuke, and Kabuto?

I'm sure most of those characters will die, but Kishi usually has a "good" character die so that it motivates another character; Asuma's death motivated Shikamaru and his friends to hunt down Hidan and Kakuzu, Itachi's death motivated Sasuke to seek vengeance and Jiraiya's death motivated Naruto to learn Sage jutsu. There has to be another major death in this arc, otherwise things will be pretty stale.

GaZsTiC
18th July 2011, 9:08 AM
There has to be another major death in this arc, otherwise things will be pretty stale.

50 bucks on Killer Bee.

Crimsonlink
18th July 2011, 9:20 AM
^ I'll take that and raise to 75 bucks that Tsunade dies for real, making the sannin trio dead along with their sensei.

GaZsTiC
18th July 2011, 9:22 AM
^ I'll take that and raise to 75 bucks that Tsunade dies for real, making the sannin trio dead along with their sensei.

Only to be resurrected and used as weapons against Naruto.

I can see this happening.

7 tyranitars
18th July 2011, 10:36 AM
I'll go with you guys. I actualy see Tsunade die I just don't hope Killer Bee will die. :p..

TsukiMirage
18th July 2011, 10:52 AM
Well, with Madara using the Hachibi tentacle in place of the actual Hachibi, the odds have lessen on Kirabi needing to be killed off storywise. I could actually see Ee dying and thus passing the Raikage title on to Kirabi. Tsunade definitely needs to die.

Lorde
18th July 2011, 5:19 PM
I don't know if Killer Bee's death would really impact the story. I mean sure, it would make Naruto the final Jinchuriki, but Bee and Naruto didn't bond for very long, so I don't know if Naruto would be affected by his death. Then again, Naruto can make friends really quickly, so he could feel really bad about the death of a fellow Jinchuriki. I just hope he doesn't go on another rampage.

Mark1006
18th July 2011, 5:28 PM
I wondering if Shino is going to do ANYTHING.He's the only one of the Konoha 11 who's had basically no role so far.I think it wouldn't be too hard to give him something to do in this war.

Crimsonlink
18th July 2011, 5:33 PM
^ Tell that to all of Team 8. Kiba, Shino and Hinata don't get enough screen time and plus their sensei has been degraded to sideline mother. I was hopeing for some good Genjutsu from her but she is a female and we know what happens to them in Naruto, they get put into small roles.

Platinum fan.
18th July 2011, 5:45 PM
I agree with Crimsonash310. The entire Team 8 haven't done anything, Kiba and Hinata included. Personally If I was writing Naruto, I would have killed off Tsunade during her coma. She has no real impact anymore and we have other leaders for the war like Raikage and Onoki, even Shikamaru's dad. Tsunade did a amazing job keeping the of Konoha shinobi alive when Pain blew it up, but now she feels like she's just there. I would have liked Danzo to have stuck around longer as a secondary villain who hinders Konoha to the point where the Konoha ninjas rebel against and overthrow him. But that's just me.

Lorde
18th July 2011, 5:49 PM
Yeah, I don't know why Kishi ignores Kiba, Shino and Hinata so much. I mean, I don't even like Kiba, but that could change if he actually did something useful every once in a while. Shino is still really mysterious, but I like him and I'd love to see him battle someone like Zetsu. Hinata is a nice girl, and I really want her and Naruto to interact some more. I wonder how Naruto feels about her. Was it ever confirmed if he liked her back?

Platinum fan.
18th July 2011, 5:59 PM
Team 8 get trolled. Shame because I love these guys. I find them a little more interesting then Shikamaru's team. I always wanted to see them get a big battle. Shame it hasn't come. The characters just fit. Kida the wild man, Shino the mysterious bug using shinobi, and shy little Hinata. Wish they got bigger roles.

Mark1006
18th July 2011, 8:26 PM
Well to be fair Hinata's role is just as big as most of the other supporting characters.Kiba had a decent part in the Chunin Exams and The Sasuke Retrival Arc but Shino has done..Nothing.

ladendar
18th July 2011, 9:02 PM
Looooool.... Naruto.

ladendar
18th July 2011, 9:06 PM
Looooool.... Naruto.

gliscor&yanmega
18th July 2011, 9:11 PM
Shino is made out to be a mysterious character. In his situation, being mysterious gives him less chance to appear often and do things apposed to mysterious characters with a bigger role(Madara, Zetsu, and Kabuto come to mind).

I also read that Kishi doesn't like drawing Shino's Bugs, it's difficult or something, so that could also be a reason if true.

While Shino hasn't necessarily done the biggest of things like taking down an Akatsuki or whatever, he has proved he is very useful in a battle.

He was the reason that Sasuke passed Kankuro without having to waste chakra on him, who knows maybe Sasuke would have died during his battle with Gaara(Probably wouldn't but it would be more difficult with losing however amount of chakra Sasuke would have lost against Kankuro).

Also, Shino was one of the first "rookies" to show a rather graphic fight(While not important to the story, it's these kind of things lots of people enjoy), when he fought Zaku, he caused his hand and part of his arm to fall off, and Shino just walked off like nothing happened.

Shino got unlucky and Kishi for some reason decided not to include him into The Sasuke Retrival Arc. If the thing about Kishi not liking to draw the Bugs is correct then this may be the main reason since I don't know why else he would keep him behind, especially when Lee, Gaara, Kankuro, and Temari ended up showing up for back up. Maybe Kishi wanted to focus on the others and felt like Shino didn't need much focus and was better off left more hidden.

Then in part 2 he didn't do much until the battle against Madara(Acting as Tobi). Madara was facing Kakashi, Yamato, Naruto, Sakura, Sai, Kiba, Akamaru, Hinata, and Shino, and in the end Shino was the only one able to actual land a hit on panel(Shino said the Bugs were sucking the chakra, so Madara had them on him) and was able to find out more about Madara. While that isn't really huge, it was currently the biggest feat against Madara that happened on panel(Only to be outdo by another Aburame(Torune), then Minato, and finally Konan(Interesting how each of these battles Madara ended up in a worse condition then the last physically)). Nothing much has happened since then, but Shino was helping take out the White Zetsu Clone Army, and his Bugs probably came in hand. He's currently acting as a sensor via his Bugs to see where any attacks will come from.

Shino hasn't gotten the most focus in terms of plot importance, but he has been useful every time he was in a battle. Plus overall I'd say he's a great character. He's mysterious which gives something the readers/viewers to think about. He's funny, and considering he probably doesn't do it intentionally, it just adds to the humor(While not everyone may find him funny, he's clearly used for humor at some points). He's powerful and useful. Plus his personality is enjoyed by lots. His design is also enjoyed. I don't think Kishi ever planned for Shino to be this big important character who will aid Naruto in saving the world or whatever, he just wanted to have an interesting character and treat him as a treat for the readers(I know whenever I see him I get excited).

Honestly, I think Shino with his Bugs is a little bit too much that Kishi may have to hold him back even more since they can pretty much pose a great threat to anyone without the plot getting in the way. Chakra absorption is very dangerous.

While I would love for Shino to just kick Naruto out of the way and save the world himself, I don't think it's likely. Of course, there is the possibility that Kishi will reveal a shocking event with Shino, add his mysteriousness to it and you have a good twist in my opinion. And if Kishi were to kill of a "rookie", Shino could be a potential great one. Something in the form of a sacrifice to give important in-tel to someone which is used to stop someone. I don't think it will happen though.

Regardless, I think Shino is great. Even if he doesn't much focus, at less he makes up for it when he actually appears. Plus it could always be worse...he could have been a male version of Ten-ten, who has shown nothing at all, plus I don't think her personality makes up for it since I find it very annoying and uninteresting.

Platinum fan.
18th July 2011, 9:13 PM
Well to be fair Hinata's role is just as big as most of the other supporting characters.Kiba had a decent part in the Chunin Exams and The Sasuke Retrival Arc but Shino has done..Nothing.

Shino did fight Kankuro. It doesn't get much love, the fight itself, but it is more of a accomplishment then pretty much anything Hinata's done, fight wise. Whether she's supporting character or not, she only gets beat up when she fights. Shino is also regarded as one of the best among the Konoha eleven. All three of them need a team battle before the war ends. I doubt they'll get one but I would love to see team 8 flex their muscles and take down a powerful enemy.

Crimsonlink
18th July 2011, 9:16 PM
Wow what a deep observation of Shino's character gliscor&yanmega. I completely agree and its sad that he is sidelined because of drawing bugs issues or something but its good that he is really powerful each time he appears.

On another note, I'm hopeing the battle between Hinata and her Uncle is not over so Naruto can drop in and save her or something to repay her back for the time she "saved" him.

ladendar
18th July 2011, 9:19 PM
I had a dream about Shino once... it was awekwardly romantic however. =/ Anyone has dreams about naruto? Creepy ones too? xD Mine was about Shino being my epicly protective boyfriend

ladendar
18th July 2011, 9:22 PM
Looooool.... Naruto.

Wow what a deep observation of Shino's character gliscor&yanmega. I completely agree and its sad that he is sidelined because of drawing bugs issues or something but its good that he is really powerful each time he appears.

On another note, I'm hopeing the battle between Hinata and her Uncle is not over so Naruto can drop in and save her or something to repay her back for the time she "saved" him.

By the way, I understand that team 8's leader is pregnant... but how the heck did that happen? I've watched most of the Naruto episodes and it wasnt mentioned... until I played Naruto Storm xbox 360 =l I'm kinda mad now too.

gliscor&yanmega
18th July 2011, 9:25 PM

Shino's my 2nd favorite character, and I like to make sure people give him the respect he deserves. He could solo Madara if he really wanted to :P

Hinata and Hizashi? They aren't near each other. Last we saw of Hinata, she was still where Kitsuchi's division was first set up. When Kitsuchi mobilized to help out Darui's division, Hinata was left behind along with others(Pretty much all the named characters except Kitsuchi and Kurotsuchi) to deal with the White Zetsu Clones still there. Currently she and Shino are acting as sensors(I'm sure there's a better word for what I'm saying) to detect any oncoming enemies. I was hoping she and Neji would go into the battle with Hiashi and Hizashi but right now it doesn't look likely. Although if it does happen then I hope Neji and Hinata finish off Hizashi together with Naruto saving anyone. Hizashi hasn't been sealed yet though, so it's not impossible.

By the way, I understand that team 8's leader is pregnant... but how the heck did that happen? I've watched most of the Naruto episodes and it wasnt mentioned... until I played Naruto Storm xbox 360 =l I'm kinda mad now too.

I don't remember where or when exactly it was first mentioned but I do remember before Nagato came to Konoha, Shikamaru was trying to cheer Naruto up and they eventually meet up with Kurenai. Naruto thought she ate to much or something, and Shikamaru said she was pregnant. Although I think it was probably mentioned shortly after Asuma's death.

She gave birth already though, we saw the kid. We didn't see her give birth on panel, but during the war Shikamaru was saying stuff to Asuma and a picture of Kurenai holding the kid was shown. Too bad Asuma didn't actually get to see his kid though, although this is manga...he probably saw it through Shikamaru's mind.

Lorde
18th July 2011, 9:45 PM
I also consider Shino to be one of the strongest among the Konoha 11. I just wish that he got to fight a bit more. I think Neji is also one of the strongest among the Konoha 11, but he hasn't done much during Part 2, either. I liked that he got a few fights to himself during Part 1, though. His fight against Kidomaru was intense, and I wish we had more fights like that.

Crimsonlink
18th July 2011, 9:48 PM
I don't remember where or when exactly it was first mentioned but I do remember before Nagato came to Konoha, Shikamaru was trying to cheer Naruto up and they eventually meet up with Kurenai. Naruto thought she ate to much or something, and Shikamaru said she was pregnant. Although I think it was probably mentioned shortly after Asuma's death.

I hated that part in that chapter so much because of Naruto's comment. How f***ing stupid can you get really at age 16. I dunno why but it just burns me up each time I read that part and when Naruto bowed to the Raikage.

Locormus
19th July 2011, 2:26 AM
Regardless, I think Shino is great. Even if he doesn't much focus, at less he makes up for it when he actually appears. Plus it could always be worse...

He could have been a male version of Tenten, who has shown nothing at all, plus I don't think her personality makes up for it since I find it very annoying and uninteresting.

Tenten is the best rookie. Tenten is the character that leaves me speculating the most really. She has had a few fighting scenes in the war arc, which is more then I've seen Shino do. She had the fan she could play with, but it drained her. It was nice of Kishi to do that though, as she was the weapon specialist. Any other and it would seem contrived.

ladendar
19th July 2011, 4:33 AM
Shino's my 2nd favorite character, and I like to make sure people give him the respect he deserves. He could solo Madara if he really wanted to :P

Hinata and Hizashi? They aren't near each other. Last we saw of Hinata, she was still where Kitsuchi's division was first set up. When Kitsuchi mobilized to help out Darui's division, Hinata was left behind along with others(Pretty much all the named characters except Kitsuchi and Kurotsuchi) to deal with the White Zetsu Clones still there. Currently she and Shino are acting as sensors(I'm sure there's a better word for what I'm saying) to detect any oncoming enemies. I was hoping she and Neji would go into the battle with Hiashi and Hizashi but right now it doesn't look likely. Although if it does happen then I hope Neji and Hinata finish off Hizashi together with Naruto saving anyone. Hizashi hasn't been sealed yet though, so it's not impossible.

She gave birth already though, we saw the kid. We didn't see her give birth on panel, but during the war Shikamaru was saying stuff to Asuma and a picture of Kurenai holding the kid was shown. Too bad Asuma didn't actually get to see his kid though, although this is manga...he probably saw it through Shikamaru's mind.

Yes, thats exactly the answer I was looking for lol. Asuma is the Father... well that figures. Its pretty obviouse too, but I wasnt sure. Thanks!!! x]

Platinum fan.
19th July 2011, 5:15 AM
Lol at Naruto for thinking Kurenai just ate to much when she was pregnant. I found that funny in a stupid way. Shame that her pregnancy pretty much just wrote her off the series. I think the last time I saw Kurenai was in the Nine Tailed Fox flashback and she was young. So basically she and Asuma were much less in part 2.

Lorde
19th July 2011, 6:07 AM
Lol at Naruto for thinking Kurenai just ate to much when she was pregnant. I found that funny in a stupid way. Shame that her pregnancy pretty much just wrote her off the series. I think the last time I saw Kurenai was in the Nine Tailed Fox flashback and she was young. So basically she and Asuma were much less in part 2.

Asuma just sort of reappeared in time to die. It was quite ironic. Still, I never thought much of him during Part 1, so I wasn't as depressed when he kicked the bucket. I was a mess for days when Itachi died though, and I still tear up a bit when I recall Jiraiya's death at the hands of Pain.

Xseracohwx
19th July 2011, 9:45 AM
i think they are gonna slowly kill off the older people they have been slowly building this whole time it being about the new generation to take charge.

I do hope they show more of drunken master rock lee he is epic and under rated i feel.

GaZsTiC
19th July 2011, 9:51 AM
i think they are gonna slowly kill off the older people they have been slowly building this whole time it being about the new generation to take charge.

Kishi had the chance to do this during the Pain Invasion arc, and it's too late now.

ladendar
19th July 2011, 2:43 PM
Lol, that creepy guy with supposidly five hearts is creepy... you know the one that can crack his body, and looks like a puppet that a grandma had taken the time to sew together lol? Then the other with the scyth that turns into a hollow... you people MUST get the game Naruto Storm. I didnt even watch that much of Shippuden, I just play the game and VOILA!! I know most of what happens.

I quit Naruto Storm however cuz of my constant failure at defeating Itachi at the very end... even with max health =_=

gliscor&yanmega
19th July 2011, 3:23 PM
Tenten is the best rookie. Tenten is the character that leaves me speculating the most really. She has had a few fighting scenes in the war arc, which is more then I've seen Shino do. She had the fan she could play with, but it drained her. It was nice of Kishi to do that though, as she was the weapon specialist. Any other and it would seem contrived.

The only fighting she has done was hit at less one White Zetsu Clone with some weapons and it looked more like White Zetsu was thinking "WTF was that?".

Other then that she just talked to herself through out the war. She picked up the fan, we didn't see her use it, she ended up knocked out because of it. She pretty much did nothing in the war, while Shino hasn't done much of anything in the war either, he at less has done other things outside of the war, where as Tenten pretty much did nothing. Tenten doesn't have any mysteriousness to her, she wasn't made for that, so really she has nothing. That's how I see it at less.

Banana Knight Arthur
19th July 2011, 4:40 PM

Whaaaa???

I think we are reading different manga.

Clearly, outside of Sasuke/Naruto, who have their own level, Shikamaru is the best/most versatile of the rookie class of 11.

Honorable mention for Hinata and Shino.

Lorde
19th July 2011, 5:13 PM
Clearly, outside of Sasuke/Naruto, who have their own level, Shikamaru is the best/most versatile of the rookie class of 11.

He's certainly smart, but I don't think he's the best outside of Naruto and Sasuke. I think Neji is one of the strongest from the Konoha 11, and Shino is right behind him. I would've said that Shikamaru was a tough opponent during Part 1, but I've been unimpressed with him during Part 2. He hasn't done anything noteworthy in my opinion.

And no early chapter this week? I'm depressed :c

Banana Knight Arthur
19th July 2011, 5:17 PM
He's certainly smart, but I don't think he's the best outside of Naruto and Sasuke. I think Neji is one of the strongest from the Konoha 11, and Shino is right behind him. I would've said that Shikamaru was a tough opponent during Part 1, but I've been unimpressed with him during Part 2. He hasn't done anything noteworthy in my opinion.

Ahh, I'm mistaken then.

I thought Team Rock Lee was not being considered.

If they are added to the mix, I think outside of intelligence, Rock Lee and Neji are quite adept.

Mark1006
19th July 2011, 6:23 PM

I think defeating Hidan on his own with sheer intelligence and cunning is noteworthy.

LexSuicune
19th July 2011, 8:09 PM
Shikamaru took Hidan down singlehandedly using his wits and the legacy of the clan Nara.

That's far more noteworthy than anything Shino and Neji have done imo.

TsukiMirage
19th July 2011, 9:24 PM
To be fair though, Shikamaru needed alot of preparation to pull off his win against Hidan. But honestly, Hidan was a one trick pony who wouldn't have been much of a challenge for most high ranking ninjas.

Lorde
19th July 2011, 9:57 PM
Shikamaru did manage to outsmart Hidan, but it wasn't exactly easy. Shikamaru was lucky that everything went smoothly. I never thought much of Hidan as a character, but his ability was pretty effective. I wonder if we'll ever see him again. He should still be alive, but I wonder if Kishi is in the mood to bring him back into the story.

Banana Knight Arthur
19th July 2011, 10:03 PM
The only reason Shikamaru was able to pry Hidan away from Kakuzu was because he had help.

Call it what you want, his victory was not singlehandedly.

Lorde
19th July 2011, 10:13 PM
The only reason Shikamaru was able to pry Hidan away from Kakuzu was because he had help.

Call it what you want, his victory was not singlehandedly.

Yeah, it all came down to teamwork. Ino, Choji and Kakashi all played roles, but for some reason, Shikamaru gets all the credit. And he didn't even kill Hidan, either. He only trapped him in the Nara clan's forest. Hidan could easily be found by Zetsu and be put back together. If I remember correctly, Madara was using parts of Zetsu to replace his missing limbs, so it's possible that Zetsu could help Hidan in the same way.

Banana Knight Arthur
19th July 2011, 10:18 PM
Yeah, it all came down to teamwork. Ino, Choji and Kakashi all played roles, but for some reason, Shikamaru gets all the credit. And he didn't even kill Hidan, either. He only trapped him in the Nara clan's forest. Hidan could easily be found by Zetsu and be put back together. If I remember correctly, Madara was using parts of Zetsu to replace his missing limbs, so it's possible that Zetsu could help Hidan in the same way.

True, and actually at some point in the manga, where Tobi/madara was remembering all the Akatsuki members and their contributions to his grand scheme, it was mentioned that Hidan would eventually die if he could not practice the religion/jutsu ritual within a specific timeframe.

Platinum fan.
19th July 2011, 10:37 PM
Hidan in my opinion was one of the weaker villains. If you know how his attacks and jutsu work you can beat him. Asuma was killed because he was off guard and had no information about how to deal with Hidan. Long range fighters would have a field day with Hidan. You don't have to kill him, just make sure his arms and legs are cut off really. Shikamaru did get the credit for it but Choji, Ino, and Kakashi did, like others have said, help lure him and Kakuzu apart. I hope Hidan doesn't come back. What does he have to offer other then not being able to die? Someone could just seal him.

Banana Knight Arthur
19th July 2011, 10:39 PM
Hidan in my opinion was one of the weaker villains. If you know how his attacks and jutsu work you can beat him. Asuma was killed because he was off guard and had no information about how to deal with Hidan. Long range fighters would have a field day with Hidan. You don't have to kill him, just make sure his arms and legs are cut off really. Shikamaru did get the credit for it but Choji, Ino, and Kakashi did, like others have said, help lure him and Kakuzu apart. I hope Hidan doesn't come back. What does he have to offer other then not being able to die? Someone could just seal him.

That is debatable.

Only Shikamaru and his super intelect could deduce all the facts so quickly.

Any other ninja would have needed longer exposure to fighting Hidan, maybe multiple encounters to deduce his abilities. Which by said time/encounter, Hidan would have killed them 9.9

Platinum fan.
19th July 2011, 10:53 PM
That is debatable.

Any other ninja would have needed longer exposure to fighting Hidan, maybe multiple encounters to deduce his abilities. Which by said time/encounter, Hidan would have killed them 9.9

Hidan only had that curse Jutsu in his circle. That and his scythe are his only main of attack. I'm sure someone like Kakashi, Sasuke, or any elite shinobi could have figured out how to avoid it if they knew about it first hand. I'm not saying Hidan's totally weak but compared to his all his partners he was the least impressive, despite him killing Asuma.

Banana Knight Arthur
19th July 2011, 10:58 PM
Hidan only had that curse Jutsu in his circle. That and his scythe are his only main of attack. I'm sure someone like Kakashi, Sasuke, or any elite shinobi could have figured out how to avoid it if they knew about it first hand. I'm not saying Hidan's totally weak but compared to his all his partners he was the least impressive, despite him killing Asuma.

I just think they had a really good thing going with Akatsuki.

Until they all started to deflate.

Pain put up a good fight as did Itachi.

I enjoyed Kakuzu to a lesser extent.

Deidara I liked him so much but was disappointed how he battled Sasuke, though his Final Art Jutsu was redeeming to a certain extent.

Konan is another favorite, even though she always underwhelmed, and I doubted her strength, thinking she was only in cause of /thanks to Pain, but she showed great inteligence/strategy with the paper tag bombs vs. Madara, that were enough to blast him for minutes on end, and almost got him good.

Platinum fan.
19th July 2011, 11:03 PM
I just think they had a really good thing going with Akatsuki.

Until they all started to deflate.

Pain put up a good fight as did Itachi.

I enjoyed Kakuzu to a lesser extent.

Deidara I liked him so much but was disappointed how he battled Sasuke, though his Final Art Jutsu was redeeming to a certain extent.

Konan is another favorite, even though she always underwhelmed, and I doubted her strength, thinking she was only in cause of /thanks to Pain, but she showed great inteligence/strategy with the paper tag bombs vs. Madara, that were enough to blast him for minutes on end, and almost got him good.

I really enjoyed all the Akatsuki. I felt the same about Konan. I thought she was only there for Pain but during her final battle with Madara she showed she was in fact a very dangerous shinobi. I respect her abilities a lot more then any Konoha female. Deidara was awesome. I loved how he hated the Sharingan. I started hating it to when the Mangekyo Sharingan's powers were getting out of hand, though that happened after his death. The Akatsuki were great, however after Pain and Kisame's deaths they really started to lose their power. Madara wasn't nearly as threatening as Pain was before he got his Rinnegan, though now he's the most terrifying being alive.

Banana Knight Arthur
19th July 2011, 11:11 PM
I really enjoyed all the Akatsuki. I felt the same about Konan. I thought she was only there for Pain but during her final battle with Madara she showed she was in fact a very dangerous shinobi. I respect her abilities a lot more then any Konoha female. Deidara was awesome. I loved how he hated the Sharingan. I started hating it to when the Mangekyo Sharingan's powers were getting out of hand, though that happened after his death. The Akatsuki were great, however after Pain and Kisame's deaths they really started to lose their power. Madara wasn't nearly as threatening as Pain was before he got his Rinnegan, though now he's the most terrifying being alive.

Yes!

Kisame was hyped as a Tail-less Jinchuriki/Bijuu.

What was shown in both the anime and manga was far from his potential.

I enjoyed his battle vs. Killer Bee, and his demise and flashbacks, but I felt like I was cheated out of something greater.

Lorde
20th July 2011, 2:36 AM
I thought Kisame should've captured Killer Bee. If not during the Gokage Summit arc, then during the training arc that took place on turtle island. I thought Kisame died a pathetic death, and I would've loved for him to have at least captured the Hachibi before he perished. I feel that all characters should shine before they die, even if they're villains.

Shadow Lucario
20th July 2011, 2:54 AM
I think Kisame shined. He made Gai open seven gates to just defeat him. Even after that he was still raring to go. And then he killed himself. That was a very brutal death. Not much you can do when you're captured.

Xseracohwx
20th July 2011, 3:16 AM
I feel shino could have beaten hidan without the knowledge. hidan would have never gotten close enough to cut him. The bugs would have consumed most of his body. but, they are building shikumaru to be important once naruto becomes hokage. the failings of the rest is they are all great supporting cast. Like Ino her ability is limited but it works amazingly well when she is with her team.

TsukiMirage
20th July 2011, 3:44 AM
That is debatable.

Any other ninja would have needed longer exposure to fighting Hidan, maybe multiple encounters to deduce his abilities. Which by said time/encounter, Hidan would have killed them 9.9 Not really. A genius intellect shouldn't have been needed to figure out the connection between Hidan doing damage and standing in his circle. Figuring out Hidan's ability was not the same genius action as memorizing Tayuya's finger movements to read how her summons would act or coming up with the tactics to grab Temari's shadow.

I thought Kisame should've captured Killer Bee. If not during the Gokage Summit arc, then during the training arc that took place on turtle island. I thought Kisame died a pathetic death, and I would've loved for him to have at least captured the Hachibi before he perished. I feel that all characters should shine before they die, even if they're villains. I disagree. Kisame's death was pretty amazing. He got to fight one last battle against his "rival", was still strong enough to survive a OHKO technique, and enough of a loyal ninja to take his own life to ensure his enemies didn't get any info on his master. Kisame is the first villain to be treated in such a way. They either die stupid deaths (Orochimaru) or they're given changes of heart before they die.

Platinum fan.
20th July 2011, 4:26 AM
I also enjoyed Kisame's death. He was very loyal to his cause by taking his own life. The Akatsuki, when not using insane powerful moves prove to be real shinobi. Killing themselves rather then giving information to the enemy. Deidara had the same style of death. He blew himself up rather then tell Sasuke anything about Itachi, and tried to take Sasuke with him too.

TsukiMirage
20th July 2011, 11:54 AM
Itachi and Nagato are walking
Gaara and his father are having a conversation
Gaara's face is tear-stained
He's crying because he was loved
His father 'enters Nirvana'
Rikudō-mode Naruto and B meet Itachi and Nagato

the Second Mizukage is a nice guy
He uses Yin Release and genjutsu
Ōnoki vs. Mū
Ōnoki is losing ground

It says that the Mizukage doesn't use genjutsu, but summons clams

It says he summons 'hamaguri', which is what is known as the common orient clam (Meretrix lusoria) in English Looks like the end of the chapter will be quite interesting.

JD
20th July 2011, 4:57 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/73913037/1
Chapters out!

DANdotW
20th July 2011, 5:12 PM
I really like how the Kage's are giving helpful hints on how to fight, or at least defend against them.

So, it was a little difficult to get on my screen; has Gaara's father been sealed now?

gliscor&yanmega
20th July 2011, 5:15 PM
I enjoyed the chapter. Gaara and his father having some nice heart warming moments, would have liked to see more from Gaara's father but we got something, so it's better then nothing, plus I prefer emotional stuff over hardcore fighting non-stop, I find the former more realistic in the situation that's happening(Even though Ninja's are suppose to not be emotional, but really I find that to be bull). I wish we could have known his name though, hurry up databook I need to know these small things that don't really matter.

Edo Mizukage and Edo Raikage break free and continue to fight, revealing their abilities, how nice. Edo Raikage can use Lighting...I'm shocked(...Well I think he can use Black Lighting too, so maybe we can see some of that). Edo Mizukage has Yin, in other words, Genjutsu...plus he can summon a Clam(Lol). One thing I don't get is Edo Raikage said for everyone to get back apart from the Earth users...should they of all people back away considering Lighting beats Earth.

Muu and Onoki are still fighting. Muu says stuff like Onoki should get Gaara or Onoki will die. Saying stuff about his age too, but Onoki isn't really phased by it.

Nagato and Itachi...they just look sad. I love the two, Nagato is my 3rd favorite Naruto character and Itachi is my 5th favorite Naruto character, but still, Nagato being as he is now and Itachi carrying him around, they just look so weak and pathetic, and it's really sad to see them like that, to top it off Naruto and Killerbee appear in front of them. This will surely be interesting, but I can't help but think of Nagato falling down when he's about to attack and Itachi going to pick him up.

lolipiece
20th July 2011, 5:17 PM
Ugh...How disgustingly sappy. I hate when characters that were shown to be total douches somehow become nice with no reason behind it....

JD
20th July 2011, 5:18 PM
I really like how the Kage's are giving helpful hints on how to fight, or at least defend against them.

So, it was a little difficult to get on my screen; has Gaara's father been sealed now?

Yeah he has been sealed he told Gaara that he was entrusting him with the Sand Village.

GaZsTiC
20th July 2011, 5:26 PM
My Kuchiyose is ...A GIANT CLAM!

I lol'd.

DANdotW
20th July 2011, 5:26 PM
Yeah he has been sealed he told Gaara that he was entrusting him with the Sand Village.

Thanks a bunch.

DucksGoMooful
20th July 2011, 5:32 PM
I thought this chapter was really well-done, but the title is misleading. It made me think that the Naruto/Bee/Nagato/Itachi fight was going to start this chapter, rather than next one. But the finality of Gaara's backstory just made me emotional (sort of :p)

Crimsonlink
20th July 2011, 5:42 PM
This chapter was kinda weird IMO. Too many things were going on at once. Now that Gaara's battle is over I'm thinking the kage battle will be skipped so that Itachi and Nagato vs Naruto and Bee is what new chapters will focus on.

Except for the beginning and a bit of the middle it was a boring chapter overall. I will say that Gaara's and his dad got good closure so props to Kishi for that but that was it. The latter half of the color pages weren't that good because it was of team 7, a team I really don't care for right now even though its been a long time since we have seen Sasuke.

Nagato and Itachi in color was pretty cool though and we got to see the color of their cloaks which is reddish brownish surprisingly.

LexSuicune
20th July 2011, 6:14 PM
I hope Itachi and Sasuke get to meet before Itachi's sealed.

Gold-Kaiser
20th July 2011, 6:14 PM
Naruto Chapter was pretty good.

Question, is the rinnegan a kekkai genkai?
And, becasue i missed a couple of chapters, am i right from i've read that nagato last name is Uzimaki?

Platinum fan.
20th July 2011, 6:39 PM
The chapter was okay. I mean it kind of puts a blow on Gaara's past and now whenever I look at it it won't have the same impact but the important thing is Gaara believed he was hated. This felt more like closure then a battle, which could be said for nearly all the battles in the war so far making it not feel war like much. I am really excited for Naruto and Bee with Itachi and Nagato. That will be a "can't miss" chapter. I wonder how Temari and Kankuro feel about their dear daddy...and mother for that matter. Whenever they are brought up it's always about Gaara. I wonder what relationship his siblings had with their parents? Guess we'll never know. I guess Yashamaru's gender was finally confirmed. It confused me more then Haku's.

RasenShuriken6
20th July 2011, 6:40 PM
i enjoyed this chapter. didn't expect naruto and bee to run into itachi and nagato though. can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter

Shneak
20th July 2011, 7:07 PM
Boring chapter.

Hyped for the Naruto/Bee vs Itachi/Nagato fight though. If it is one.

Lorde
20th July 2011, 7:23 PM
The start of the chapter was completely boring since we got a flashback that we had already seen. I did like the second half of the chapter, though. Seeing Onoki's Rock Clone Technique was interesting, and the third Mizukage's clam summoning was funny. I wonder how he'll use that to cast genjutsu. I was hoping that Itachi and Nagato would fight someone else, but it looks like they'll be fighting Naruto and Bee.

JD
20th July 2011, 7:27 PM
Meh I'm not surprised that Naruto and Bee are fighting against Nagato and Itachi they seem like the only ones that can actually stop them anyway. Besides Naruto doesn't know about Nagato being in the Uzamaki clan yet does he? But more importantly I think Kishi needs to show us Saucecakes EMS now I mean the guy hasn't appeared in a long time and I'm getting tired of waiting :p

Lorde
20th July 2011, 7:29 PM
Meh I'm not surprised that Naruto and Bee are fighting against Nagato and Itachi they seem like the only ones that can actually stop them anyway. Besides Naruto doesn't know about Nagato being in the Uzamaki clan yet does he? But more importantly I think Kishi needs to show us Saucecakes EMS now I mean the guy hasn't appeared in a long time and I'm getting tired of waiting :p

Madara made it seem like Sasuke was going to be Naruto's main opponent, so having Naruto fight Nagato and Itachi seems a bit random. But I think this could be a good thing in some ways. Nagato may share some more of his history with Naruto; particularly concerning how he got his Rinnegan since Madara said he gave it to him. I'd like to learn more about that.

Simia
20th July 2011, 8:47 PM
I really liked the chapter. The fighting scenes were pretty cool and kickass. Also, about the naruto/bee vs itachi/nagato. It will be good for naruto to learn a few things about sasuke and nagatoo and itachi probabl but i dont expect that much of a fight. I think that thing that Itachi gave naruto ealier..like 3 chapters back if you know what i mean..will help naruto now.

Mark1006
20th July 2011, 9:43 PM
Idk if I've imagined this myself or something but didn't Itachi give Naruto some power that was never revealed?

RasenShuriken6
20th July 2011, 9:48 PM
Idk if I've imagined this myself or something but didn't Itachi give Naruto some power that was never revealed?

yeah he did. hopefully in the next few chapters we find out what that power is

gliscor&yanmega
20th July 2011, 9:50 PM

Itachi shoved a Crow down Naruto's throat via Genjutsu(I think), Itachi said that he gave Naruto some of his power or something.

So yes, Itachi gave Naruto some power that we still don't know what it is. I'd say we'll be learning about it within the next few chapters...hopefully. It's been a while since it's happen.

TsukiMirage
20th July 2011, 10:09 PM
Nice to see Nagato and Itachi again, especially in color. There was a little too much conversation and unneeded flashbacks between Gaara and his father that took time away from the actual battles. Looking at the damage they have done, it looks like Onoki and Muu are fighting pretty hard. Seeing Onoki make rock clones was nice and I hope that the Mizukage's clam summon can actually do something in the middle of dry land. Anyway, it looks like we're being set up for a really awesome confrontation. Hopefully it lives up to our expectations. Nice chapter but it could have been much better.

Grovyl
20th July 2011, 10:13 PM
This chapter wasn't the best, but it was alright. I liked the Raikage and Mizukage part. His Kuchiyose is pretty cool, but it seems a clam wouldn't do much. Just like trap people in it's mouth and stuff. Hmm, he most likely has some badass jutsu to go with it.

uber gon
21st July 2011, 3:07 AM
If Naruto gets ANOTHER power-up I'm going Red Lantern Corps on something. Seriously.

Lorde
21st July 2011, 3:21 AM
I really liked this week's colored pages. The one with Nagato and Itachi was kind of plain, but I thought it captured both characters' aura very well. I also liked the watermelon-themed color page (although I didn't notice Kakashi at first lol). It was nice to see something uplifting like that, and I hope Kishi sticks with happy stuff in the future.

shadow wolf
21st July 2011, 3:37 AM
The chapter was okay, fine with the emotions. The next fights are going to be good, I hope.

Anyone else notice the chapter title Naruto VS. Itachi? It makes so much sense.

Shneak
21st July 2011, 4:12 AM
If Naruto gets ANOTHER power-up I'm going Red Lantern Corps on something. Seriously.

I would be with you unless it's the power-up Itachi gave him. Only because it's been mentioned for years.

Banana Knight Arthur
21st July 2011, 4:25 AM
Quite interesting chapter this week.

Full of emotions and nostalgia.

I was quite surprised that even after rising from the dead, Nagato still needs support to walk/stand erect. Wonder how he is going to battle effectively.

Hoping Itachi will hint directly what the crows/ability/jutsu he infused into Naruto.

The extent of Gaara's mother's love for him and the reach it has even today, manifesting as the auto-protect of the sand was quite touching and brought me to tears.

Really looking forward to seeing this Gaara/3rd Kazekage stuff animated.

Crimsonlink
21st July 2011, 5:49 AM
Edo Tensai brings the dead back in their prime which is surprising in Nagato's case since it means he was in his prime while crippled on his legs. Besides you think having the Rinnegan would give you the ability to grow your legs back or heal them at least.

TsukiMirage
21st July 2011, 9:54 AM
If Naruto gets ANOTHER power-up I'm going Red Lantern Corps on something. Seriously. Then you should probably run and get your ring, because there's no way Naruto's not gonna get another power-up.

Edo Tensai brings the dead back in their prime which is surprising in Nagato's case since it means he was in his prime while crippled on his legs. Besides you think having the Rinnegan would give you the ability to grow your legs back or heal them at least. Judging from Nagato's anemic form and Chiyo elderly state, the Edo's weren't brought back at their prime. More then likely, they were brought back in the form they best remembered, which would explain why Nagato's legs are still injured and Chiyo is still an old hag.

7 tyranitars
21st July 2011, 10:34 AM

Yeah we don't want another sasuke! :p

Lorde
21st July 2011, 5:49 PM
Judging from Nagato's anemic form and Chiyo elderly state, the Edo's weren't brought back at their prime. More then likely, they were brought back in the form they best remembered, which would explain why Nagato's legs are still injured and Chiyo is still an old hag.

That makes sense. I thought it was weird for Chiyo to have been brought back in her elderly state if she was supposed to be brought back in her prime, but your theory explains a lot of things. I still think the Edo Tensei jutsu is broken, though. Even Orochimaru's version of the technique was a bit much, and he was only able to revive a few people with his. But really, dead characters should remain dead.

Platinum fan.
21st July 2011, 5:56 PM
I also don't like bringing back old characters that are dead. I never minded about Orochimaru using his two Edo's of the 1st and 2nd Hokage's because we had never seen them before but bringing back guys like Kimimaro, Deidara, Sasori, Chiyo, and the likes was a bit much. They all died and should stay dead for the sake of being dead! Some characters did receive some closure but others I am wondering why did they even bring them back? Kakuzu, I'm looking at you.

Banana Knight Arthur
21st July 2011, 6:48 PM
The Edo revival was a decent concept in theory but now it is just becoming overkill.

To many battles are too much.

Even though he is keeping them short, we(fandom) will tire soon.

LexSuicune
21st July 2011, 6:59 PM
I would like to see the focus shift back to one of the Konoha 11 before going into a huge battle.

I wanna see Hinata or Shino duke it out with a powerful ninja.

JD
21st July 2011, 7:02 PM
I would like to see the focus shift back to one of the Konoha 11 before going into a huge battle.

I wanna see Hinata or Shino duke it out with a powerful ninja.

Agreed a Shino fight would be interesting he hasn't had an actual fight in a long time I can only recall his fight against Kankuro. I want to see Rock Lee have a rematch with Kimmimaro though or have Jugo face him...

Syrus
21st July 2011, 7:43 PM
Hinata DID show her stuff against Pain but she wasn't amazing either.

As for Shino and Rock Lee they seem to be stuck in the back now with the rear guard.

I'm all for Naruto himself but bring back the Konoha 11!

Banana Knight Arthur
21st July 2011, 9:33 PM
Shino I can see doing something worthwhile.

Hinata no so much.

There are so many high rank/class ninjas floating about, I do not see what she can fight at such a high level of ability.

gliscor&yanmega
21st July 2011, 9:43 PM
Shino I can see doing something worthwhile.

Hinata no so much.

There are so many high rank/class ninjas floating about, I do not see what she can fight at such a high level of ability.

Hinata and Neji can work together to take care of Hizashi. I mean, that is the most likely and most logical to happen. Although they are far apart currently.

I wouldn't mind Shino vs Torune. Not sure if that would be worthwhile, but Torune; assuming he can still use his Bugs, would be very dangerous against anyone especially now that he's an Edo Tensei. He touches you and you get Bugs inside you...slowly infecting you. The more nude he is the more it spreads. He can just strip down butt naked and start trying to hug people. Although we haven't seen Torune since he has been Edo Tensei, we don't know if Kabuto even plans on using him...he should though.

I also don't like bringing back old characters that are dead. I never minded about Orochimaru using his two Edo's of the 1st and 2nd Hokage's because we had never seen them before but bringing back guys like Kimimaro, Deidara, Sasori, Chiyo, and the likes was a bit much. They all died and should stay dead for the sake of being dead! Some characters did receive some closure but others I am wondering why did they even bring them back? Kakuzu, I'm looking at you.

Kakuzu isn't finished yet, something could happen with him. Although Kishi may have just thought that since Kabuto is collecting DNA of strong people to use, why not throw in Kakuzu. I'm fine with Deidara and Sasori being brought back since what happened with them I was pleased enough by it(Would have liked more but it's better then nothing), plus Deidara could still be freed so maybe more can come from him. Kimimaro and Chiyo are still around so who knows what Kishi plans to do with them.

I enjoy this kind of stuff, makes your remember about the past events in the manga.

Banana Knight Arthur
21st July 2011, 9:48 PM
Shino vs Torune(the bug user that followed Danzo?)

That is a decent matchup.

At a certain point most of these matchups seem forced.

I'd rather see this all sweep up and Kishimoto just move to the main conflict.

Mark1006
21st July 2011, 9:50 PM
I actually think the war is going to be better animated.The anime always "drags out" fights but this could actually be a good thing for these terribly short chapter long scuffles.There's been a good few fights already and they're all too short to be memorable.Hopefully the anime will be able to lengthen them without making them boring.

Banana Knight Arthur
21st July 2011, 9:52 PM
God help me if the anime butchers this arc.

In all fairness the did a spectacular job covering the Itachi vs Sasuke, and Konoha vs. Pain arcs.

Lorde
21st July 2011, 10:21 PM
I had actually wanted Shino, Kiba and Hinata to fight against someone like Nagato, just so that they could redeem themselves. But it looks like Naruto and Killer Bee will be fighting them. I don't really like that match-up since Nagato already fought Naruto as Pain, and I think I've seen enough of Itachi's powers as it stands.

TsukiMirage
21st July 2011, 10:56 PM
That makes sense. I thought it was weird for Chiyo to have been brought back in her elderly state if she was supposed to be brought back in her prime, but your theory explains a lot of things. I still think the Edo Tensei jutsu is broken, though. Even Orochimaru's version of the technique was a bit much, and he was only able to revive a few people with his. But really, dead characters should remain dead. When Orochimaru used it, it was broken. Edo Tensei required a sacrifice to end it. But now, all it requires is a good sealing technique. That pretty much eliminates the whole point of using it. The only good thing going for it is that we're getting quite a bit of history from the edo summons.

Platinum fan.
22nd July 2011, 12:24 AM
This might have been answered before but if Itachi is back now and Sasuke just got Itachi's eyes, shouldn't the Edo Itachi have like no eyes? Same with Nagato who Madara took the Rinnegan? I'm just saying it might be a little confusing.

Lorde
22nd July 2011, 1:45 AM
This might have been answered before but if Itachi is back now and Sasuke just got Itachi's eyes, shouldn't the Edo Itachi have like no eyes? Same with Nagato who Madara took the Rinnegan? I'm just saying it might be a little confusing.

People who are revived via Edo Tensei keep the abilities that they had while they were alive. This includes Kekkei Genkai - even those of the ocular variety.

Platinum fan.
22nd July 2011, 2:07 AM
People who are revived via Edo Tensei keep the abilities that they had while they were alive. This includes Kekkei Genkai apparently.

Oh right. That's very cheap but okay it makes sense when you say it like that. And with no health issues unless they get sealed Itachi and Nagato are unbeatable. I can't wait to see Itachi's reaction when Naruto tells him about Sasuke. I bet Itachi and Nagato have a lot to say, and for once I really wanna see talk no jutsu at least from them. I just wish Sasuke was there too for this.

TsukiMirage
22nd July 2011, 10:13 AM
I'm hoping Kishi uses this time to have Itachi explain what happen during the Uchiha Massacre and hopefully what Madara is really up too. It's better to do it now then interrupt later events needlessly.

Banana Knight Arthur
22nd July 2011, 10:49 PM
They do indeed have their eyes.

And yes it is cheap.

However, it seems like the Edo Tensei brings back the corpse at its Peak, as the Shodaime Hokage died old if I'm not mistaken, and he Revived in his prime, when Orochimaru summoned him vs. Sandaime, Sarutobi.

Shadow Lucario
22nd July 2011, 11:30 PM
However, it seems like the Edo Tensei brings back the corpse at its Peak, as the Shodaime Hokage died old if I'm not mistaken, and he Revived in his prime, when Orochimaru summoned him vs. Sandaime, Sarutobi.

Hashirama was said to have died shortly after Konoha was founded so he wasn't too old.

Lorde
22nd July 2011, 11:59 PM
I'm hoping Kishi uses this time to have Itachi explain what happen during the Uchiha Massacre and hopefully what Madara is really up too. It's better to do it now then interrupt later events needlessly.

Yeah, although by the look of some of the previous chapters, the fight against Itachi and Nagato probably won't last very long. So if Kishi wants Itachi to give out some important information, he's going to have to rush through it. Then there's Nagato, who I think needs more backstory, so things will be very tight.

TsukiMirage
23rd July 2011, 4:38 AM
I doubt it'll even be a real fight. The most they'll do is exchange some techniques without any real intent.

Profesco
23rd July 2011, 5:20 AM
I actually think the war is going to be better animated.The anime always "drags out" fights but this could actually be a good thing for these terribly short chapter long scuffles.There's been a good few fights already and they're all too short to be memorable.Hopefully the anime will be able to lengthen them without making them boring.

I'm looking forward to this appearing in the anime too. The only thing that could be better than finally seeing these edo tensei people in action would be seeing them in action. A good animated ninja battle is a visual feast.

And I enjoyed this chapter, even all the sappy talk from Gaara's flashbacks. I think it's nice that, even though Gaara was introduced so early in the story, here we are approaching the close and a major facet of his character history has been revealed and provides Gaara some much-needed closure (it's also closure for us fans, hah). It was touching, and it gives the depth of time to Gaara's personal part in this story.

And that GIANT CLAM!! is hilarious.

Oh, oh, also, it was great seeing Nagato and Itachi side by side in full color. It looked practically like a yin-yang circle chromatically. It was very contenting imagery.

GaZsTiC
23rd July 2011, 12:00 PM
It was very contenting imagery.

*sip*

Indeed.

TsukiMirage
24th July 2011, 10:36 AM
Itachi and Nagato do look like they would make awesome partners. It's a shame we're not likely to see them fight together.

Kibagos
24th July 2011, 1:09 PM

Me too! And I hope it will be better then in the Manga. Have long battles and not just a few pages like in the manga.

-Raiga-
24th July 2011, 5:53 PM
If the war in the manga took longer, then people would complain about that too. Basically, there's nothing kishimoto can do to please the fans, they'll always complain about something.

Personally the pacing is as good as can be. Started off with the small battles full of unknowns, then starts building its way up to longer and longer battles until a big fight. Makes sense to me.

Lorde
24th July 2011, 6:14 PM
Itachi and Nagato do look like they would make awesome partners. It's a shame we're not likely to see them fight together.

The way I see it, Nagato and Itachi are pretty much the same in terms of the kind of jutsu they specialize in. So they probably would be a good tag team. I think Naruto and Killer Bee have already shown that they can work together well, so I would love to see those two battle against Nagato and Itachi. Too bad there isn't much time for anything other than dialogue.

JD
25th July 2011, 2:10 AM
You know something tells me Nagato and Itachi might be too strong for Kabuto to control and they'll end up breaking free of Edo Tensei or just simply turning against Kabuto. But yeah I really don't see much of a fight happening the only thing I see happening is Naruto using his TNJ

TsukiMirage
25th July 2011, 7:07 AM
The way I see it, Nagato and Itachi are pretty much the same in terms of the kind of jutsu they specialize in. So they probably would be a good tag team. I think Naruto and Killer Bee have already shown that they can work together well, so I would love to see those two battle against Nagato and Itachi. Too bad there isn't much time for anything other than dialogue. I don't think Naruto and Kirabi have shown the ability to work well together. Last time they had the chance, Naruto rushed off on his own and took all the spotlight. They seriously lack an awesome combo move like Kirabi has with Ee.

gliscor&yanmega
25th July 2011, 3:21 PM
Volume 57 cover:

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7343/hwrmv1.jpg

I don't see a bigger picture of it so that will have to do.

I wish Zetsu was on it, but it's good enough for me.

7 tyranitars
25th July 2011, 5:15 PM
O_O I like it lol. :P Pretty cool cover.

TsukiMirage
25th July 2011, 8:55 PM
Fist Bump FTW. It's awesome that the Kyuubi and Hachibi are finally on a cover together.

GaZsTiC
25th July 2011, 9:10 PM
I'll never understand why Kishi made Naruto's power-up look like butter...

Lorde
25th July 2011, 10:54 PM
I don't know. I think the recent volume covers have been lacking a certain je ne sais quoi. I guess I'm happy that both Naruto and Killer Bee are on the same cover, though. I also like how the Hachibi and the Kyuubi are featured. I don't think that Madara's eyes were necessary, but they do make the cover seem a bit more dynamic. Now I'm just waiting for this week's chapter.

Platinum fan.
26th July 2011, 12:36 AM
Cool cover. Naruto and Killer Bee's fist bump is also cool. It's interesting a character can bond with Naruto this late in the game. I mean Naruto is walking along the edges of the end so the fact that a strong bond was formed so late is pretty good. Madara's eyes make the cover look foreshadowing.

Profesco
26th July 2011, 12:45 AM
Hm. If that's Naruto's hand fist-pumping with Bee's, then Naruto must have fallen asleep in a tanning bed.

GaZsTiC
26th July 2011, 1:12 AM
Hm. If that's Naruto's hand fist-pumping with Bee's, then Naruto must have fallen asleep in a tanning bed.

I believe it's supposed to be the Raikage's. From the flashback.

Platinum fan.
26th July 2011, 1:59 AM

That would make more sense. Now that I look at the hands the fist bumps both look very tanned XD

Kibagos
26th July 2011, 11:18 AM

I guess you are right. Thats what I think too.

Lorde
26th July 2011, 5:39 PM
Huh, I hadn't even noticed the fist bump. I guess I was just more focused on the characters, but I suppose that it's a reference to the A and Killer Bee chapters. And now that I think about it, Madara's mask looks a little odd on the cover. I recall how a previous volume cover had the Kyuubi's face looking all weird, but Madara's mask looks a lot weirder than that.

TsukiMirage
27th July 2011, 10:18 AM
http://37.imagebam.com/download/oASCWr7ZO3TinGqrNOCk2w/14235/142342194/61898710201107271618383329121920123_011.jpghttp://55.imagebam.com/download/EvNxxSmPmvo-bwrBn_zBYw/14235/142342106/61898710201107271618383329121920123_003.jpghttp://53.imagebam.com/download/IG4lkYjIpZZc1KOUg8MCyQ/14235/142342162/61898710201107271618383329121920123_008.jpg No spoiler yet, but the pictures are out. Look like this may be one of the greatest chapters ever. New technique from Itachi, Itachi keeping up with Naruto and Kirabi's speed, and Kisame using Samehada.

7 tyranitars
27th July 2011, 12:12 PM
Looks epic tbh. Can't wait now.

gliscor&yanmega
27th July 2011, 3:02 PM
549: itachis question!!
Caption "the 4 top class shibis meet!!"

Nagato: it mustve been a while since I saw you last but…
as I've been dead it feels like only a moment ago
Youve changed a little Naruto
Naruto: yeah.. this, you must mean…
Is called Chakra mode with 9b chakra under my control dattebayo!
Itachi:…what…?
Nagato:that why i saw the difference…
Nagato: on your face
Naruto: …

Itachi:You mean you controlled 9b power…
Who'd have expected this much growth from you….
Nagato: from my younder fellow pupil …
I did
Bee:thats thanks(okage♪) to me till then he was rather in the shadows(hikage♪)
Naruto: I wasnt really dattebayo!!
Nagato: …then
I understand You managed to conquer hate too..naruto
Naruto: Yeah..!the pain you, my elder fellow pupil taught me …
The practices with bee ottian at the falls of truth...
And dad and mum…and
Naruto: …whatever, thanks to everyone, here I am now!
Itachi:….
Itachi: Naruto I have a question for you.
Naruto: that reminds me I had a question to ask you too

Kabuto: apparently I found them before him…
8b and 9b…with these 2 cards in my hand, he is at my beck and call too.
Kabuto: wonder what chagrin face he makes
Shame that I cant see his face in the dark…kukuku…

"TWITCH"
Naruto:!?

"Ka-ton(fire-tech)・goka-kyu(conflagration ball) no jutsu!!"
Bee: Yo!!

Samehada: Gichch !!
Bee: err…was it hot?
Sluggish(taiman♪)me, sorry(suman♪)

Itach: (Samehada isnt it. Then, kisame is already…)
Naruto:when were still talking!
Bee: the guy controlling them from behind has them(their bodies) under his thumb…no time to consider whether its a good time or bad. Ok!?
Nagato: up there!
Naruto: I know!
Bee:!!?

Itachi: What sasuke is doing!?
Naruto:…hes up to take revenge on konoha dattebayo!
He joined akatuki as its member.
Itachi: ….!! …why not sasuke go back to the village…?
Naruto: he was told about your real, secret mission…
And he chose to crush the village!
Itachi:….!!
Nagato …secret mission?

Itachi: never thought …madara would…
Naruto: me too heard about your truth from madara!
Itachi
…was that so…

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6773/11998597.jpg

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5884/76143020.jpg

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8069/98015950.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6986/61884539.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8736/13896771.jpg

Looks like the raw is out, and the script is being translated now. Glancing over it...looks pretty awesome. Looks like it's just Naruto, Killerbee, Nagato, and Itachi in this chapter(As well as Kabuto for a panel or two). No Edo Kages and that.

Chapter will probably be fully translated soon.

EDIT: And...the chapter is out.

7 tyranitars
27th July 2011, 3:20 PM
Nice chapter, I basicly drool over all chapters containing Itachi, this is no exception :P.

gliscor&yanmega
27th July 2011, 3:55 PM
I enjoyed the chapter. Nagato, Killerbee, and Itachi are three of my favorite characters in Naruto(3rd, 4th, and 5th to be specific). Plus Naruto is pretty awesome too. Kabuto was funny this chapter.

It seems Kabuto doesn't actual need the tailed beast for himself, I figured this but wanted to know for sure. The chapter seems to imply it. Although that isn't stopping him from attempting to get them in order to one up Madara...I can't help but think this will end up as a failure. Would be interesting if Kabuto does manges to get one, but I would think the other would go after him and eventually both will be free again.

The Crow was obvious to be mentioned or something in this fight, end of the chapter it starts coming out of Naruto's mouth(Naruto has a little tear forming as this happens lol). Just wonder if Kishi will explain it next chapter or make us wait even longer...I can see either happening.

Nagato and Itachi are great with each other...they fight well as a pair too :P

I like how Killerbee is using Samehada, we never really seen him use it much at all I don't think, hasn't really been in a fight with it until now. It was nice that Itachi mentioned Kisame in response to seeing Samehada with Killerbee, although it's hard to tell if Itachi really cared or not, I would assume there is some amount of care since he bothered to mention Kisame.

Nagato tells a joke it seems, at less Naruto thinks so(Or maybe it was just the translation wasn't that great). It didn't really seem like Nagato was going for a joke though.

I hope Nagato brings up Konan at some point. Although not sure what that would do. Naruto might not know she's dead.

Can't wait to see what happens with all of this.

EDIT: After reading the better translation, Nagato's "joke" did come off more comedic in it, in my mind at less.

Lorde
27th July 2011, 4:59 PM
I thought it was an amazing chapter, mostly because I wasn't expecting for Naruto and Killer Bee to fight Nagato and Itachi. Kishi really surprised me there, which is a good thing. I loved how Naruto was explaining the situation with Sasuke while fighting Itachi, and I loved Nagato's little "joke". It looks like Itachi's crow will finally activate. I'm so excited.

Platinum fan.
27th July 2011, 5:30 PM
BEST. CHAPTER. EVER. At least for the war arc so far. Nagato and Itachi are so **** cool as a team it's not even funny. I loved every bit of this chapter. From the talk no jutsu, down to the actual fighting. Bee and Naruto both fighting and talking with Itachi and Nagato was awesome. Itachi now knows that Madara spilled the beans and that Sasuke is now 99% evil because of it. It was cool that Nagato got to see the growth of Naruto, I admit I really wanted Zabuza and Haku to see the new Naruto when they were revived to but this is just as good. Nagato's little joke, who knew he could be funny and we're finally going to see Itachi's gift. I also like how he mentioned Kisame and that he must be dead. Other then Nagato and Konan, Itachi and Kisame were the only members to think of one another. Great chapter, loved everything about it. No real complaints, and I also really like the fact that Itachi would rather himself be viewed as a villainous monster then his Uchiha clan. A true ninja. I can't wait for the next one.

Crimsonlink
27th July 2011, 6:27 PM
Yeah I have to say that this weeks chapter was one of the best yet. The talking and fighting at the same time was awesome and then the combat got deeper. I was a bit annoyed that Naruto wasn't ready for an attack and Bee had to block for him but w/e. Now next chapter should tell us what exactly the crow was supposed to do, I'm thinking it will give Naruto another power boost.

Also I think that Naruto is going normal speed because as fast as Itachi was, he is not as fast enough to catch Naruto in Kyuubi mode.

TsukiMirage
27th July 2011, 8:31 PM
Well this chapter was quite different from what I was expecting. I expected them to spend the whole time talking to each other with maybe a little action thrown it. Instead we got a pretty good balance of action and talking. We see that Kabuto fully intents to grab Naruto and Kirabi, meaning that he should be taking this fight more serious then the other Edo matches. It was awesome to see Kirabi wield Samehada in an actual battle, especially to slice Itachi's Great Fireball in half. Looks like Itachi's speed at forming clones hasn't changed at all. But we do get to see that Itachi is able to match speed with both Kirabi and Rikudou Naruto. We get another tease about the massacre and learn that Itachi didn't realize Madara knew his true reasoning for pulling it. I liked that Nagato was able to joke around a little and seeing a new technique from Itachi was great. Itachi once more shows off his genjutsu mastery, by catching Kirabi in a genjutsu without him or the Hachibi realizing it til he told them. Using Samehada to hold the rest of his swords is a neat trick and it was nice to see that Itachi was ale to avoid his sword dance like Sasuke. It's gonna be interesting to see what Itachi's trap does and whether it will help. Marvelous chapter.

gliscor&yanmega
27th July 2011, 9:11 PM
Here's a bigger image of the volume 57 cover:

http://i.imgur.com/tmGiX.jpg

Madara needs to sue the store he buys his masks at...it has a crack on it. Pretty sure his last one had some cracks too. No wonder he wants to control everyone, he wants to see who can make a mask without cracks.

GaZsTiC
27th July 2011, 9:13 PM
Madara's mask has quite a crack on it. Foreshadowing, maybe?

Lorde
27th July 2011, 9:17 PM
Madara needs to sue the store he buys his masks at...it has a crack on it. Pretty sure his last one had some cracks too. No wonder he wants to control everyone, he wants to see who can make a mask without cracks.

Haha. Well, I think those lines are there to show texture, although I could be wrong. I think I like this volume's cover a lot more than I did at first. Although I'll have to wait another year and a half for this volume to be released in English. *Sigh* Anyway, kudos to Kishi for giving us a chapter that involves action and not just boring dialogue.

GaZsTiC
27th July 2011, 9:48 PM
I'm worried about Naruto's next power-up. I always joked that Naruto would get the Sharingan and the Rinnegan, but I never actually thought Kishi would go through with it.

Fingers crossed this doesn't become stupid.

Mark1006
28th July 2011, 12:26 AM
However stupid it sounds I always thought it was going to be the sharingan, specifically to control the nine tails.But since he's pretty much got control over the thing without it's consent I guess it doesn't make much sense.

uber gon
28th July 2011, 12:29 AM
Here's a bigger image of the volume 57 cover:

http://i.imgur.com/tmGiX.jpg

Ninja brofist? AWESOME!

-Raiga-
28th July 2011, 12:54 AM
I think people are overrating the chaper quite a bit. It did nothing but just have itachi and nagato figure re-learn stuff we already know, with a bunch of uninspired new techniques thrown in.

I'm also a little sick of how itachi is handled. I think the storyline of what he did and how he couldn't kill sasuke was great and all, but kishimoto makes him out to be such a good guy despite MURDERING his ENTIRE clan.

GaZsTiC
28th July 2011, 1:03 AM
but kishimoto makes him out to be such a good guy despite MURDERING his ENTIRE clan.

The Uchiha clan were planning to kill everyone from Konoha.

Itachi is a hero.

Platinum fan.
28th July 2011, 1:12 AM
The Uchiha clan were planning to kill everyone from Konoha.

Itachi is a hero.

This! Itachi's like the only Uchiha that was trying to keep the peace. His clan were vengeful, ungrateful, back stabbers. From what I've read the 3rd Hokage tried to do everything to keep them happy, it was Danzo and the other elders who were against them. Even now Itachi would rather be viewed as the bad guy to keep his clan's good name.

TsukiMirage
28th July 2011, 6:33 AM
I wouldn't say the Uchiha clan was vengeful and ungrateful. the only reason they were planning the coup was because they were tired of being targeted and blamed for something they didn't do. They originally sided with Hashirama and rejected Madara's attempts to restart the rivalry and as far as we have seen never caused any trouble in Konoha before their coup plotting. So it wasn't like they weren't dedicated to the peace too. They just finally got tired of being blamed for the Kyuubi attack and being pushed around.

Platinum fan.
28th July 2011, 1:31 PM
Maybe ungrateful was the wrong word, but vengeful they were. If they attacked Konoha then they were just defeating the purpose of trying to separate themselves from Madara. There is just to much hate on the Uchiha's side that it's a miracle Itachi turned out the way he did. Sasuke is not following his brothers lead and is finishing the coup, so to speak. What bothers me about this is Sasuke want's to kill everyone, even the young people who knew nothing about this and are innocent but Sasuke has deemed them guilty anyway. People like Naruto and Sakura who cared for Sasuke and the Konoha eleven who went on a near suicide mission against the Sound Five just to save him and now Sasuke want's them all dead for something they didn't do and were to young to understand at the time? I think I was taking my anger of Sasuke out on his clan. I still think they are vengeful and their coup decision wasn't right but Sasuke is by far the worst one. I can't wait for Sasuke to get his, but it will probably be bittersweet.

HoennMaster
28th July 2011, 5:36 PM
That is an awesome cover. I really liked this week's chapter. I wonder how Nagato vs. Naruto will continue but thankfully it does look like Nagato still has a few things up his sleeves.

Lorde
28th July 2011, 6:30 PM
However stupid it sounds I always thought it was going to be the sharingan, specifically to control the nine tails.But since he's pretty much got control over the thing without it's consent I guess it doesn't make much sense.

I also thought that the crow would be a method of controlling the Kyuubi, but it looks like it'll be something else. Hmm, maybe it's a sealing technique that will seal Itachi away so that he isn't forced to fight Naruto anymore. Maybe he gave it to Naruto with the intention of him using it against someone like Madara or Sasuke, but Itachi might use it against himself. That sounds like something Itachi would do.

TsukiMirage
28th July 2011, 10:29 PM
Maybe ungrateful was the wrong word, but vengeful they were. If they attacked Konoha then they were just defeating the purpose of trying to separate themselves from Madara. There is just to much hate on the Uchiha's side that it's a miracle Itachi turned out the way he did. Sasuke is not following his brothers lead and is finishing the coup, so to speak. What bothers me about this is Sasuke want's to kill everyone, even the young people who knew nothing about this and are innocent but Sasuke has deemed them guilty anyway. People like Naruto and Sakura who cared for Sasuke and the Konoha eleven who went on a near suicide mission against the Sound Five just to save him and now Sasuke want's them all dead for something they didn't do and were to young to understand at the time? I think I was taking my anger of Sasuke out on his clan. I still think they are vengeful and their coup decision wasn't right but Sasuke is by far the worst one. I can't wait for Sasuke to get his, but it will probably be bittersweet. Technically, they never got around to attacking Konoha. Anyway, I still wouldn't say they were vengeful. Madara wanted to continue the war between the Uchiha and Senju, but the Uchiha clan just wanted to stop being discriminated against. From all that we seen, there wasn't much hate in the Uchiha clan. Obito, Itachi's father and mother, and the few others we saw were shown to be decent people. Even Sasuke was pretty decent til the summit. Before that, even on his quest to kill Itachi, Sasuke attempted to avoid and went out of his way not to kill anyone else. And he actually looked after those who helped him. It's solely Madara's influence that is generating all the hatred from the Uchiha.

Though I would say not to take what Sasuke says at face value. After all, he said he was gonna give his body to Orochimaru and we all know how that turned out. Sasuke has already shown that he's willing to go along with a villain til he get's what he wants.

ChampionZ
28th July 2011, 10:44 PM
Madara's mask has quite a crack on it. Foreshadowing, maybe?

Its not that big of a crack.

Platinum fan.
28th July 2011, 11:12 PM
Technically, they never got around to attacking Konoha. Anyway, I still wouldn't say they were vengeful. Madara wanted to continue the war between the Uchiha and Senju, but the Uchiha clan just wanted to stop being discriminated against. From all that we seen, there wasn't much hate in the Uchiha clan. Obito, Itachi's father and mother, and the few others we saw were shown to be decent people. Even Sasuke was pretty decent til the summit. Before that, even on his quest to kill Itachi, Sasuke attempted to avoid and went out of his way not to kill anyone else. And he actually looked after those who helped him. It's solely Madara's influence that is generating all the hatred from the Uchiha.

Though I would say not to take what Sasuke says at face value. After all, he said he was gonna give his body to Orochimaru and we all know how that turned out. Sasuke has already shown that he's willing to go along with a villain til he get's what he wants.

Wait a second, didn't Madara tell Sasuke his father was the mastermind behind the coup? I'll give you his mother and Obito but Sasuke/Itachi's father doesn't sound like such a decent person. He even look displeased during Sasuke's first day of ninja school when the 3rd Hokage was giving a speech. Sasuke was a good guy before revenge took him over, obviously. Still even if the Uchiha's never got to pull off their coup the point is they were planning it and if Danzo and the elders didn't send Itachi to stop them they probably would have succeeded. It wasn't right what they did but neither was the Uchiha's coup. So yes there was hate involved with or without Madara, unless Kishi decides to change something.

uber gon
29th July 2011, 12:26 AM
Can't we all agree that while Itachi wanted the best for Sasuke, he used questionable methods to make Sasuke safe?

Crimsonlink
29th July 2011, 7:00 AM
Has any of you watched episode 222 of Naruto yet? I hated Sakura before but that episode just cemented the case against her. If you've watched it then you'll know what I mean.

TsukiMirage
29th July 2011, 8:11 AM
Wait a second, didn't Madara tell Sasuke his father was the mastermind behind the coup? I'll give you his mother and Obito but Sasuke/Itachi's father doesn't sound like such a decent person. He even look displeased during Sasuke's first day of ninja school when the 3rd Hokage was giving a speech. Sasuke was a good guy before revenge took him over, obviously. Still even if the Uchiha's never got to pull off their coup the point is they were planning it and if Danzo and the elders didn't send Itachi to stop them they probably would have succeeded. It wasn't right what they did but neither was the Uchiha's coup. So yes there was hate involved with or without Madara, unless Kishi decides to change something. Aside from plotting the coup, he was shown a loving father. During the opening ceremony, it was more like he was preoccupied with Itachi. The thing is, the coup came as a result of Madara's actions and Konoha discrimination. It wasn't a good move, but it was one made out of desperation. Had Minato did a better job, it wold never have come to that. And by better job, I mean Minato mentioning that Madara was not just alive, but the reason for the attack.

Has any of you watched episode 222 of Naruto yet? I hated Sakura before but that episode just cemented the case against her. If you've watched it then you'll know what I mean. Well in her defense, Naruto as his own healing ability so it's not like he would need her help first. Still a hilarious scene.

7 tyranitars
29th July 2011, 8:14 AM
Has any of you watched episode 222 of Naruto yet? I hated Sakura before but that episode just cemented the case against her. If you've watched it then you'll know what I mean.

Was more focused Kabuto/bee's enka concert lol!/the kage stuff.

DANdotW
29th July 2011, 8:25 AM

How about you pop over to Alternate Anime and let them know there.

7 tyranitars
29th July 2011, 11:51 AM
How about you pop over to Alternate Anime and let them know there.

There isn't a Naruto thread there, and we sometimes talk a bit about the anime here. It is still Naruto so it doesn't matter for me, and a lot of other people here.

Platinum fan.
29th July 2011, 1:51 PM
Aside from plotting the coup, he was shown a loving father. During the opening ceremony, it was more like he was preoccupied with Itachi. The thing is, the coup came as a result of Madara's actions and Konoha discrimination. It wasn't a good move, but it was one made out of desperation. Had Minato did a better job, it wold never have come to that. And by better job, I mean Minato mentioning that Madara was not just alive, but the reason for the attack.

Well in her defense, Naruto as his own healing ability so it's not like he would need her help first. Still a hilarious scene.

If your trying to just justify the Uchiha's coup by blaming it on Minato, it's not like he could have known this would happen. Even if it came from Madara's actions Fugaku Uchiha is the one who planned it, so unless Madara was whispering in his ear, he is just as bad. It might have been a desperate attempt by the Uchiha's but if the coup had worked then probably half of Konoha if not all would be dead or enslaved by them and that just makes them look worse. What Konoha did wasn't right either as the elders are just as ruthless as the Uchiha's were. They should have just had some kind of meeting and agree to some terms or something, both were in the wrong but they are ninjas so that's how they solve stuff. This all could have been avoided with talk no jutsu, but the fact remains the Uchiha's probably wouldn't have all been killed if they didn't plan the coup, which, until Kishi says otherwise, was Fugaku's idea.

Lorde
29th July 2011, 4:31 PM
There isn't a Naruto thread there, and we sometimes talk a bit about the anime here. It is still Naruto so it doesn't matter for me, and a lot of other people here.

Most of the Naruto threads in the Alternate Anime section tend to attract trolls anyway.

But yeah, I'm very interested in seeing what Itachi's crow is going to do. I admit that I wasn't expecting for it to be activated this early, having always believed that it would activate when Naruto fought Sasuke. And I hope we get back to Gaara's fight soon. It seems like Kishi always shifts the focus onto someone else whenever Gaara is active in the manga :x

7 tyranitars
29th July 2011, 5:06 PM
Most of the Naruto threads in the Alternate Anime section tend to attract trolls anyway.

But yeah, I'm very interested in seeing what Itachi's crow is going to do. I admit that I wasn't expecting for it to be activated this early, having always believed that it would activate when Naruto fought Sasuke. And I hope we get back to Gaara's fight soon. It seems like Kishi always shifts the focus onto someone else whenever Gaara is active in the manga :x

Yeah that's true, and besides 30 of them followed you in your sig! :O

I wasn't expecting it either, however this could also be some weird genjutsu Itachi is using :P. And Gaara got his moment julie kakashi or similiar, they got 1 'fight' and it switches over to another scene.

GaZsTiC
29th July 2011, 5:26 PM
I think the reason we aren't seeing a lot of the fights is so that Kishi can get ahead in the manga while the anime will show the fights fully.

Emperor Empoleon
29th July 2011, 7:47 PM
Has any of you watched episode 222 of Naruto yet? I hated Sakura before but that episode just cemented the case against her.

Why? She cares about both of them, so there would naturally be kind of a predicament if they both ended up getting messed up in their fight :s I still hope she gets one more good fight before this story is over :'[ (Sakura VS Kabuchimaru. It needs to happen)

And I get the feeling that Naruto's crow has an effect somewhat similar to Itachi's Anti-Madara eye trick(lolwut) with Sasuke.

GaZsTiC
29th July 2011, 8:05 PM
Sasuke: "Mangekyou Sharingan!!"
Naruto: "Anti-Sharingan-ttebayo, *****!"

Sasuke: ;__;

Lorde
29th July 2011, 8:06 PM
I think the reason we aren't seeing a lot of the fights is so that Kishi can get ahead in the manga while the anime will show the fights fully.

I really hope that the anime does expand on all of the recent fights. It's kind of sad that Kishi has to reduce the amount of content in the manga just so that the anime has material to run through, though. The anime should just stick with fillers for a while, or go on hiatus.

7 tyranitars
29th July 2011, 8:13 PM
No way no more fillers :/.

Platinum fan.
29th July 2011, 8:19 PM
I really hope that the anime does expand on all of the recent fights. It's kind of sad that Kishi has to reduce the amount of content in the manga just so that the anime has material to run through, though. The anime should just stick with fillers for a while, or go on hiatus.

Agreed, mainly because I rarely watch the anime. I will watch the war arc anime wise just to see these fights expanded and who knows, maybe we'll actually see Tenten do something in the war with her fan.

In other stuff this whole Naruto episode 222 with Sakura, I'm guessing that comment on who she saves is what some are talking about. It's natural for a person to still have feelings for someone they loved. If that near chidori to the face didn't slap some sense into Sakura that Sasuke is out to kill her then nothing will. I don't care if Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke because as I said once before she doesn't deserve someone like Naruto. If she want's to be in a relationship with a killer boyfriend then she's just asking to die. Yes I have very little respect for Sakura anymore, but I don't hate her, I pity her. Her character is not being used well. I think even Ino has gotten more development with her relationship with Shikamaru, Choji, and Asuma. Sakura just seems to get worse the poor girl.

GaZsTiC
29th July 2011, 8:53 PM
It's funny because Sakura is based on Kishi's wife.

7 tyranitars
29th July 2011, 8:55 PM
It's funny because Sakura is based on Kishi's wife.

Poor kishis wife.. I heard she was based of a 'normal' girl tho.

TsukiMirage
29th July 2011, 9:27 PM
If your trying to just justify the Uchiha's coup by blaming it on Minato, it's not like he could have known this would happen. Even if it came from Madara's actions Fugaku Uchiha is the one who planned it, so unless Madara was whispering in his ear, he is just as bad. It might have been a desperate attempt by the Uchiha's but if the coup had worked then probably half of Konoha if not all would be dead or enslaved by them and that just makes them look worse. What Konoha did wasn't right either as the elders are just as ruthless as the Uchiha's were. They should have just had some kind of meeting and agree to some terms or something, both were in the wrong but they are ninjas so that's how they solve stuff. This all could have been avoided with talk no jutsu, but the fact remains the Uchiha's probably wouldn't have all been killed if they didn't plan the coup, which, until Kishi says otherwise, was Fugaku's idea. I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm just saying, that if Minato had just made it known that Madara was responsible, things wouldn't have gone the way they did. Konoha wouldn't have unfairly blamed the Uchiha clan and Madara wouldn't have been able to manipulate things and gather the Bijuus as easily. After all, the whole thing stemmed from Konoha believing that the Kyuubi assault was an attempted coup by the Uchiha clan, thus causing them to act much stricter with them and driving the Uchihas to actually plan a coup. Considering Konoha already though the Uchihas were planning the coup before they actually were, it very likely the clan would have been a target regardless of what they did, especially since Danzo seem determined to gain their power for himself.

I doubt talking would have solved anything, since Sarutobi did attempt to talk it out. But he did so after the Uchihas had suffered about seven years of discrimination. Something like that couldn't simply be wiped away. And what could they have offered the Uchiha clan anyway? Danzo and co weren't gonna allow the Uchihas out of their control and the Uchihas weren't gonna allow Konoha to continue to rule over them.

Lorde
30th July 2011, 5:58 PM
And I get the feeling that Naruto's crow has an effect somewhat similar to Itachi's Anti-Madara eye trick(lolwut) with Sasuke.

That's possible, although I was hoping for something new and creative. Seeing the same trick used twice would be really boring.

No way no more fillers :/.

Then they should just put the anime on hiatus until the manga ends, which should be soon. I've never liked the Naruto fillers myself, so I've always said that the anime should just stop until there's enough material in the manga.

GaZsTiC
30th July 2011, 6:00 PM
Wouldn't it be interesting if Naruto, Bleach and One Piece all ended in September? It's looking more and more likely with each episode.

TsukiMirage
30th July 2011, 7:07 PM
I could see that happening to Bleach cause of it's low rating, but probably not for Naruto and One Piece.

GaZsTiC
30th July 2011, 8:21 PM
I could see that happening to Bleach cause of it's low rating, but probably not for Naruto and One Piece.

Compared to the other 50 anime which air weekly, Bleach has great ratings. Plus, TV doesn't work on ratings in Japan. The company buys the time-slot and then they are allowed to air whatever the hell they want until their contract runs out.

Anyway, it seems that all three series are stuck in a hole at the moment concerning the lack of manga material to use (One Piece and Bleach especially). I think they might go the way of other shonen anime and stop making episodes for 18 months.

7 tyranitars
30th July 2011, 10:19 PM
Wouldn't it be interesting if Naruto, Bleach and One Piece all ended in September? It's looking more and more likely with each episode.

One piece is at the half way point, I expect atleast 300 more chapters for that one, Naruto will be finished next year probably, can't talk about Bleach.

Platinum fan.
30th July 2011, 10:33 PM
I agree that Naruto is on it's way to the final. I don't know much about Bleach and I vaguely keep up with One Piece, but things don't last forever. When these things do end I wonder what will be the next big manga hype? But the more I think about it the more curious I am on how it will end. I'm sure Naruto will become Hokage if he doesn't die, but what will happen to the others? Will Sasuke find some unrealistic way to come back to the light as unlikely as that is? And if so how will he and Konoha be after so long? This is old but I use to really want to see Naruto achieve the Chunin and Jonin ranks like his friends, but considering Naruto is now in a league of his own, ranks mean nothing anymore.

Shneak
30th July 2011, 10:59 PM
I could honestly see Naruto continuing after the war with a Sasuke/Kabuto hybrid as the big bad. But it definitely won't be ending in September. I doubt it would even end by the end of 2011.

Anyway, really late, but I loved this chapter. Very good battle for just being in a single chapter. The character interactions were good (between Naruto/Itachi/Nagato.) Plus, we finally get to figure out what the crow is. I'm betting it on being a counter to the EMS. So technically, another eye hax. Great.

Lorde
30th July 2011, 11:50 PM
One piece is at the half way point, I expect atleast 300 more chapters for that one, Naruto will be finished next year probably, can't talk about Bleach.

One Piece is supposed to last ten more years if I remember correctly. Bleach is supposed to last for quite a while as well. The Naruto series is the closest to ending, and will probably end after this arc. I expect that we still have around 50 chapters or so before the finale, though. I just think that there's a lot of material that Kishi still has to cover.

TsukiMirage
31st July 2011, 2:50 AM
Kudo was the one who said he planned on Bleach continuing for ten more years. We don't really have a time line on how long Oda plans on One Piece to last, though considering he already has the end planned out means he's really for it at any time.

GaZsTiC
31st July 2011, 4:38 AM
Kudo was the one who said he planned on Bleach continuing for ten more years. We don't really have a time line on how long Oda plans on One Piece to last, though considering he already has the end planned out means he's really for it at any time.

Oda stated that the time-skip was exactly halfway through the story. So, 12 more years, I guess.

TsukiMirage
31st July 2011, 11:27 AM
I guess I missed or forgot about that statement. So if everything goes according to their wishes, then Naruto will end first, followed by Bleach, and finally One Piece.

pancakeninja
1st August 2011, 5:38 PM
:'/ I don't want naruto to end. But I agree, the end probably is coming. And soon at that.

Shneak
1st August 2011, 10:08 PM
I do but I don't. It's the only manga series I read that is still being published, but it's had a good life and could end on a high note.

Banana Knight Arthur
1st August 2011, 10:23 PM
If Naruto or Bleach had to end today, I'd vote Bleach 100%.

Naruto actually has awesome/interesting storylines, whereas Bleach's quality dived after concluding the arrancar/Aizen conflict.

Interested to see what Itachi had implanted in those crows he made Naruto swallow.

7 tyranitars
2nd August 2011, 10:41 AM
If Naruto or Bleach had to end today, I'd vote Bleach 100%.

Naruto actually has awesome/interesting storylines, whereas Bleach's quality dived after concluding the arrancar/Aizen conflict.

Interested to see what Itachi had implanted in those crows he made Naruto swallow.

I dislike Bleach so I would vote Bleach anyway xd.

Crimsonlink
2nd August 2011, 10:53 AM
Lets stick to Naruto discussion guys since I really don't want to get into a flame war or something over which manga should end first.

I'm expecting a good chapter this week but Kishi might disappoint in that regard.

7 tyranitars
2nd August 2011, 11:28 AM
Lets stick to Naruto discussion guys since I really don't want to get into a flame war or something over which manga should end first.

I'm expecting a good chapter this week but Kishi might disappoint in that regard.

He did Cliffhanged us, so people might expect to much.

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh
2nd August 2011, 2:20 PM
Naruto needs to end. No, scratch that: Naruto should've already ended.

As much as I love Naruto, this whole War plotline is evidence that Kishimoto has run out of ideas and as such is just dragging the series out with filler crap. It should not have taken seven months for something to actually happen.

Lorde
2nd August 2011, 5:15 PM

Things could go either way IMO. Last week's chapter was amazing, so this week's chapter might also be really good. However, as someone else mentioned, last week's chapter was a cliffhanger of sorts, and people's expectations might differ from the actual chapter. It's happened before, so it might happen again.

uber gon
2nd August 2011, 5:49 PM
Should I think it's weird that I kind of want Naruto to beat Sasuke My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic style? By shooting rainbow lasers at him. That would be awesome.

gliscor&yanmega
2nd August 2011, 6:12 PM
Naruto needs to end. No, scratch that: Naruto should've already ended.

As much as I love Naruto, this whole War plotline is evidence that Kishimoto has run out of ideas and as such is just dragging the series out with filler crap. It should not have taken seven months for something to actually happen.

If I remember, Kishi said he always wanted to do a war, so I hardly would say he's run out of ideas if he already planned to do a war who knows when. Honestly, I was expecting there to be a war at some point back in part one. It's not really uncommon for there to be war or war-like plots in stories. And Naruto already had mentioning of wars since part 1, I thought it was rather obvious a war would happen at some point.

I don't see how the war shows Kishi has ran out of ideas at all. He's created so many new characters. Has been giving attention to lots of characters.

None of this is "filler crap". You just don't enjoy it, that's all there is to it.

TsukiMirage
2nd August 2011, 6:51 PM
As much as I love Naruto, this whole War plotline is evidence that Kishimoto has run out of ideas and as such is just dragging the series out with filler crap. It should not have taken seven months for something to actually happen. I don't really think you can call the stuff written by the author himself "filler". Anyway, Kishi has always taken a long time to get through stuff. Look at the war in part one or the fight at VotE. Heck, all the stuff done during Pain's invasion was basically undone in a single chapter. So Kishi stalling isn't anything new.

Lorde
3rd August 2011, 5:29 AM
I don't see how the war shows Kishi has ran out of ideas at all. He's created so many new characters. Has been giving attention to lots of characters.

He has been introducing many new characters as well as giving older characters more focus, but he's been jumping around quite a bit lately, and that's made things very messy. I think he should see battles through until the very end before he moves on to something else. It would make things a lot more consistent, as well as more enjoyable.

TsukiMirage
3rd August 2011, 9:55 AM
Itachi breaks free from edo tensei control and uses amaterasu on the summons. The crow's sharingan was Shisui's sharingan and Itachi uses shisui's jutsu to regain control.

Shisui's genjutsu allows the target to be unknowingly controlled and it is the strongest genjutsu. "Protect Konoha" was the order implanted into Shisui's eyes. The eye was then imlpanted to the crow and handed over to Naruto.

Itachi thought Sasuke would transplant his eyes and it should call out the crow when Sasuke activates his sharingan. Shisui's genjutsu would then activate and make Sasuke "protect konoha".

Flashback: When Itachi met Shisui, one of his eyes were already stolen.

http://s1.mangahead.com/mangas/Manga-Raw-Scan/Naruto/Naruto-550-Raw-Scan/14.jpghttp://s1.mangahead.com/mangas/Manga-Raw-Scan/Naruto/Naruto-550-Raw-Scan/17.jpghttp://s1.mangahead.com/mangas/Manga-Raw-Scan/Naruto/Naruto-550-Raw-Scan/08.jpg Itachi proves why he's the greatest and Shisui reappears.

Platinum fan.
3rd August 2011, 1:38 PM
Interesting spoilers. Now I really can't wait for Naruto and Sasuke to meet again.

JD
3rd August 2011, 2:16 PM
Interesting spoilers. Now I really can't wait for Naruto and Sasuke to meet again.

Yeah same here, I wonder if Itachi is going to help Naruto and Bee take down Nagato now since it looks like he's using Amaterasu on Nagato's Cerberus summon. Hmm... I do wonder how Sasuke will "protect Konoha" though I'm starting to think he'll end up killing Kabuto or teaming up with Naruto and Bee to kill Madara.