PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The end is here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109

Banana Knight Arthur
26th August 2011, 2:00 AM
His statement about Hashirama's cells could mean that Madara does still have his old body, and that he is merely using White Zetsu and Hashirama to keep his body from decaying. At least, that's what it sounds like to me. I don't think he lost his body completely - I just think his body was weakened after he fought Hashirama, and he needed help to keep it intact.

So he's been rotting away for 80 or so years, waiting to get the bijuu?

Why wait so long and not start collecting jinchuuriki and bijuu sooner?

TsukiMirage
26th August 2011, 2:23 AM
I thought it was odd for Itachi to compare Naruto to Madara, but it almost makes it sound like Madara had good intentions at one point. Madara has been portrayed as an evil and arrogant character for a long time, but I'd like to learn more about how he used to be before he became the villain that he is today. Let's not forget that Madara became as he is over wanting to protect his clanmen from the Senju. He was so use to being their leader that he couldn't handle it when that leadership was taken away. So Madara didn't start out with the goal of being evil, he simply evolved into it.

Madara was always power-hungry though, stealing his brothers' eyes and all.

Naruto only sought power to help his village and to prove his existence and worth of a Kage title. I doubt Madara stole his brother's eyes, considering his brother continue to fight for him even after losing them. That doesn't exactly imply bad feeling between them.

Banana Knight Arthur
26th August 2011, 2:56 AM
I doubt Madara stole his brother's eyes, considering his brother continue to fight for him even after losing them. That doesn't exactly imply bad feeling between them.

I always understood it was ambiguous as to whether he yanked out his brother's eye unwillingly, or if it was a willing transfer.

Cannot be bothered to research it XD!

Blaziryu
26th August 2011, 5:14 AM
It looks like Itachi is going to face Kabuto. I think he might put an end to the whole Edo Tensei but I don't think he'll take Kabuto down with him in the process.

Banana Knight Arthur
26th August 2011, 5:56 AM
It looks like Itachi is going to face Kabuto. I think he might put an end to the whole Edo Tensei but I don't think he'll take Kabuto down with him in the process.

I do not think Itachi can take down Kabuto-maru either.

I DO think he can deal some lasting damage, or incapacitate him in some lasting form at the very least, delay Kabutomaru's plans, AND undo the Edo Tensei.

Shneak
26th August 2011, 5:57 AM
His statement about Hashirama's cells could mean that Madara does still have his old body, and that he is merely using White Zetsu and Hashirama to keep his body from decaying. At least, that's what it sounds like to me. I don't think he lost his body completely - I just think his body was weakened after he fought Hashirama, and he needed help to keep it intact.

That's exactly what I mean. I think he's in the same body.

So he's been rotting away for 80 or so years, waiting to get the bijuu?

Why wait so long and not start collecting jinchuuriki and bijuu sooner?

Akatsuki came along. He took the opportunity to hijack it. I almost feel as if Madara wanted Nagato/Pain to die in the Invasion of Konoha so that he could become leader and take the Rinnegan.

Banana Knight Arthur
26th August 2011, 6:03 AM
That's exactly what I mean. I think he's in the same body.

Akatsuki came along. He took the opportunity to hijack it. I almost feel as if Madara wanted Nagato/Pain to die in the Invasion of Konoha so that he could become leader and take the Rinnegan.

But Akatsuki is something that only came about quite recently in the timeline spanning from the Battle at the valley of end btw Hashirama Senju and Uchiha Madara, Akatsuki was at best, 20 years old, at worst about 10years since inception.

So what did Tobi do in the other 50-60 years? Twiddle his thumbs?

He did acknowledge each piece of Akatsuki was a grand help in achieving the stature and position he is in/at now, so why not create it sooner?

It was stated that Madara, perhaps in his guise of Tobi or some other disguise, some how came before Yahiko and planted the idea to create the rebel force that developed into Akatsuki in his mind and stirred his impulses toward that direction.

Shneak
26th August 2011, 6:12 AM
But Akatsuki is something that only came about quite recently in the timeline spanning from the Battle at the valley of end btw Hashirama Senju and Uchiha Madara, Akatsuki was at best, 20 years old, at worst about 10years since inception.

That's what we're missing. Possibly arranging and polishing his eye collection.

Banana Knight Arthur
26th August 2011, 6:17 AM
That's what we're missing. Possibly arranging and polishing his eye collection.

I am clueless, I'm sure there is an excellent reason as to why he made no big Game-changing moves in 50-60 years, we just are not privy to that, or those reasons yet.

Honestly, collecting Sharingan eyes is like a hobby, as collecting Pokemon species is a hobby for some.

The big deal is, how and when will someone find a consistent way to disable, or work around his astral-phasing technique thing where attacks flow through him.

inb4 some1 mentions Akatsuki's Konan, I say "consistently", she harmed him, but he found a way around it all and survived.

Lorde
26th August 2011, 6:37 AM

Wouldn't it be interesting if Itachi failed to take down Kabuto, but then Sasuke appeared and killed Kabuto right afterwards? I think it would be a cool way for Sasuke to re-appear after his hiatus; he might even use a new EMS technique while he's at it.

TsukiMirage
26th August 2011, 11:07 AM
I always understood it was ambiguous as to whether he yanked out his brother's eye unwillingly, or if it was a willing transfer.

Cannot be bothered to research it XD! The third databook mentions that after he went blind, Izuna went on to die honorably in the following war. So as far as we have seen, Izuna continued to be a loyal Uchiha even after losing his eyes, which implies that he likely didn't have a major problem with Madara taking his eyes if that was the case.

He did acknowledge each piece of Akatsuki was a grand help in achieving the stature and position he is in/at now, so why not create it sooner?

It was stated that Madara, perhaps in his guise of Tobi or some other disguise, some how came before Yahiko and planted the idea to create the rebel force that developed into Akatsuki in his mind and stirred his impulses toward that direction. Well, it's implied that after he lost, he went to Kiri and was there for most of the time doing who knows what. It doesn't seem like he wanted the Bijuus until recently, seeing as he was willing to use the Kyuubi to mess around with Konoha instead of sealing it.

Tericarax
26th August 2011, 12:18 PM
Hm...There are a lot of "solutions" on the body of Tobi; it could even be the half part of Obito's body, the other being formed by the white Zetsu, everything controlled by the mind of Madara; he escaped the jutsu of Konan by using Izanagi, so why not staying alive like that until finding a body of a young uchiha like Obito? This would explain his Spacte-time Ninjutsu; as we know, the Mangekyo Sharingan has a jutsu for each eye, plus one with the both used at the same time.
Kakashi took the left eye of Obito, and has the Kamui. Tobi might have the left one, having the invert process.

*Rm*. So, now, there is a lot of things we don't know; Tobi stated that the Rinnegan he gave to Nagato was his to begin with. But, when could he have a Rinnegan?
That's one of the darkest point about him right now. Finding the answer to that will unlock a lot about his past.

As for what he did before Akatsuki...He must have used his Sharingan to foresee the Future (He said to Zetsu that all went "as predicted", not "planned"), and then begin to make his different moves, taking control of Kirigakure, influencing Yahiko to make the Akatsuki and giving Nagato the Rinnegan, even planning the Uchiha's clan massacre.

Lorde
26th August 2011, 8:27 PM
The third databook mentions that after he went blind, Izuna went on to die honorably in the following war. So as far as we have seen, Izuna continued to be a loyal Uchiha even after losing his eyes, which implies that he likely didn't have a major problem with Madara taking his eyes if that was the case.

I don't understand why Izuna would remain loyal to the clan, when its leader took his eyes. I mean sure, Madara was Izuna's brother, but Izuna had to make the ultimate sacrifice. And the funny thing is that the Uchiha clan still wasn't completely safe; the Senju clan was still able to match them, and from what we've heard, they fought constantly and both sides lost ninja. So it seems like Izuna's sacrifice was for nothing.

TsukiMirage
26th August 2011, 9:23 PM
I don't understand why Izuna would remain loyal to the clan, when its leader took his eyes. I mean sure, Madara was Izuna's brother, but Izuna had to make the ultimate sacrifice. And the funny thing is that the Uchiha clan still wasn't completely safe; the Senju clan was still able to match them, and from what we've heard, they fought constantly and both sides lost ninja. So it seems like Izuna's sacrifice was for nothing. We've seen how deep the bond between brothers can be with Sasuke and Itachi. It could have been the same case with Madara and Izuna, with Izuna giving up his eyes for the greater good out of love for his brother.

As for it being for nothing, Izuna's reason for giving up his eyes was to prevent his brother from going blind. They didn't know that transferring the eyes would grant hm EMS and more power. So that was more of an extra benefit. And after the discovery, the Uchiha clan proceeded to fight and kill each other in order to copy Madara. So them still being even with the Senju clan was pretty much due to the fact that they were wiping each other out.

uber gon
27th August 2011, 3:48 AM
Is it weird that I kind of want Naruto to use the Sonic Rainboom (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIW4P8Ti74w&feature=related) to beat Sasuke and Madara?

multi-scale
27th August 2011, 6:00 PM

It was stated that Madara, perhaps in his guise of Tobi or some other disguise, some how came before Yahiko and planted the idea to create the rebel force that developed into Akatsuki in his mind and stirred his impulses toward that direction.

It is possible he created something like a first generation Akatsuki, but it was wiped out in previous wars. Or there might be some special condition that we have yet to know.

Banana Knight Arthur
27th August 2011, 11:37 PM
It is possible he created something like a first generation Akatsuki, but it was wiped out in previous wars. Or there might be some special condition that we have yet to know.

I'm just disappointed in Tobi, he has not lived up to the hype.

At least Pain blew up most of Konoha, and nearly caught the Kyuubi.

Pain was hyped as a beast, and he lived up to it, if not for Naruto's plot hax, things would have gone down differently.

TsukiMirage
28th August 2011, 6:22 AM
Well, as a "mastermind", we can't really judge Madara until we're told his full plan and such. But I'll agree that so far Madara's not living up to his title of ultimate villain as much as he could be. He has far to few wins in his corner.

Banana Knight Arthur
28th August 2011, 6:26 AM
Well, as a "mastermind", we can't really judge Madara until we're told his full plan and such. But I'll agree that so far Madara's not living up to his title of ultimate villain as much as he could be. He has far to few wins in his corner.

I'd be more impressed if he stopped phasing/astral projecting, as just received the attacks and brushed them off, showing he is above the ability level of his enemies.

Phasing makes it seem like he is scared to actually make contact with these attacks that have been thrown his way.

Lorde
28th August 2011, 8:26 AM

At least he's not all-powerful like villains from other series. I like that Madara's plan hasn't gone as well as he expected; it makes him seem more human. I think he's going to be a tough villain to defeat, but at least we know that he has some weaknesses. I also can't wait for him to remove his mask completely; I'm tired of Kishi only revealing small parts of Madara's face.

Banana Knight Arthur
28th August 2011, 8:31 AM
At least he's not all-powerful like villains from other series.

Sousuke Aizen much? XD!

I think he's going to be a tough villain to defeat, but at least we know that he has some weaknesses.

Once/if he recreates the Jyuubii, we will all wish he had a weakness, but there will be none, he will be the 7th coming of the Rikudo sennin.

TsukiMirage
28th August 2011, 8:49 PM
I'd be more impressed if he stopped phasing/astral projecting, as just received the attacks and brushed them off, showing he is above the ability level of his enemies.

Phasing makes it seem like he is scared to actually make contact with these attacks that have been thrown his way. I expect that to stop now that he has his Jinchuuriki Paths to protect himself with. Or at the very least, it won't be used that much from now on.

At least he's not all-powerful like villains from other series. I like that Madara's plan hasn't gone as well as he expected; it makes him seem more human. I think he's going to be a tough villain to defeat, but at least we know that he has some weaknesses. I also can't wait for him to remove his mask completely; I'm tired of Kishi only revealing small parts of Madara's face. Yeah, it's nice that his plan isn't going exactly as expected, but too much of it seems to have been based on luck then an actual plan. Hopefully Madara's face will be revealed soon, cause the whole "is he really Madara or not?" thing is annoying.

Banana Knight Arthur
28th August 2011, 9:08 PM
I expect that to stop now that he has his Jinchuuriki Paths to protect himself with. Or at the very least, it won't be used that much from now on.

Now that he has one Rinne'gan, he is like the lesser, weaker version of Pain we saw in the Konoha war, right?

In comparison to the Nagato we just saw, that could employ all 6/7 paths/powers in one body.

Shneak
29th August 2011, 4:17 AM
Now that he has one Rinne'gan, he is like the lesser, weaker version of Pain we saw in the Konoha war, right?

In comparison to the Nagato we just saw, that could employ all 6/7 paths/powers in one body.

Yes, but then again, he has 6 Jinchuriki with the Rinnegan and Sharingan under his control.

Banana Knight Arthur
29th August 2011, 4:37 AM
Yes, but then again, he has 6 Jinchuriki with the Rinnegan and Sharingan under his control.

What makes the former Human Sacrifice candidates truely valuable are their various abilities and kekkei genkai.

I doubt Tobi Uchiha would release the Bijuu to the Edo/Rikudou/Jinchuuriki as summoned beast or otherwise. Nor would he risk summoning/using them himself, as even he could not, most likely keep them under control.

I imagine his plot hax, may allow rinnegan-eyed bijuu to appear, but otherwise, the kekkei genkai will be their highlight/dangerous element.

TsukiMirage
29th August 2011, 5:32 AM

In comparison to the Nagato we just saw, that could employ all 6/7 paths/powers in one body. Probably not. As far as we know, the Rinnengan abilities didn't require both eyes to use and Madara created six Paths to control, so Madara should still be able to use all the abilities even with only possessing a single eye.

Lorde
29th August 2011, 8:10 AM

I don't think those Jinchuriki will be too much of a problem. I'm sure that Naruto will be able to handle them if he and Madara fight. I'm more worried about Madara's Sharingan; Naruto isn't very good at countering genjutsu, so it'll take a miracle for him not to be affected by them. And then there's also Madara's space-time techniques to worry about.

Banana Knight Arthur
29th August 2011, 8:27 PM
Probably not. As far as we know, the Rinnengan abilities didn't require both eyes to use and Madara created six Paths to control, so Madara should still be able to use all the abilities even with only possessing a single eye.

Oh no that is not what I meant, I was not referring to his lack of an eye.

I mean, since he is not the true bearer/inheritor of the rinnegan, he is not able to use all abilities to in one body like Nagato was finally able to.

multi-scale
29th August 2011, 10:23 PM

I mean, since he is not the true bearer/inheritor of the rinnegan, he is not able to use all abilities to in one body like Nagato was finally able to.

Assuming Madara is not lying, he gave Nagato the Rinnegan. And he can use the paths, but we don't know how many. Whether he is lying or not is not known, but he really didn't have any incentive to lie in that situation.

Banana Knight Arthur
29th August 2011, 10:28 PM
Assuming Madara is not lying, he gave Nagato the Rinnegan. And he can use the paths, but we don't know how many. Whether he is lying or not is not known, but he really didn't have any incentive to lie in that situation.

Well he would not need the jinchuuriki rikudo paths if he can actually channel all six/seven paths/abilities like Edo Nagato managed to.

That whole mess confuses me, how could he give them to Nagato, was he not born with them, he is a descendant of the Uzumaki clan, which decends from the Senju, which descends from the Rikudo's son.

TsukiMirage
30th August 2011, 1:43 AM

I mean, since he is not the true bearer/inheritor of the rinnegan, he is not able to use all abilities to in one body like Nagato was finally able to. Aside from having a greater drain then normal, all other examples of a transplanted doujutsu show that the user can use all of the abilities. So the same should be the case with the Rinnegan too.

Banana Knight Arthur
30th August 2011, 1:46 AM
Aside from having a greater drain then normal, all other examples of a transplanted doujutsu show that the user can use all of the abilities. So the same should be the case with the Rinnegan too.

Oh boy! Then I cannot wait for Naruto/Kira-Bee to slay the Rikudo-churiki, only for Tobi to start using the abilities himself in one body XD

Lorde
30th August 2011, 2:03 AM
I have low expectations for this week's chapter. I can see Naruto attacking the second Tsuchikage, and then the third Tsuchikage attacking him with a powerful Dust Release technique before he's sealed away. But that's pretty much it. If we're lucky, we'll get a flashback to the third Tsuchikage's younger days, but that probably won't happen until next week's chapter.

TsukiMirage
30th August 2011, 4:17 AM
Yeah, I don't see much happening apart from Naruto saving them and then getting recognized by the Tsuchikage. Hopefully that doesn't take up the whole chapter and we get an update on what someone else is doing, like Kabuto or maybe even Sasuke.

Shneak
30th August 2011, 5:08 AM
Naruto will single-handedly take the revived Kages down, even after Itachi's speech to him.

I really hope not.

I would like an update with the other squads too. What happened to Kakashi/Seven Swordsman and Sai's battalion?

Banana Knight Arthur
30th August 2011, 5:21 AM
I would like an update with the other squads too. What happened to Kakashi/Seven Swordsman and Sai's battalion?

I loved that part, I hope we do not return to it, only to see the battles are over!

Lorde
30th August 2011, 5:44 AM

That fight has been the only well thought-out fight in this arc so far, in my opinion anyway. I just really like how Kakashi had to fight against Zabuza again, and I love that the Seven Swordsman of the Mist actually proved to be a challenge once Kabuto turned them into mindless killing machines. Suigetsu's commentary was also pretty neat, as he was really the only character who could explain each sword without it sounding boring.

Lucario At Service
31st August 2011, 12:43 PM
Spoilers for ch 553 is out and it finally reveals Sasuke's EMS and a new version of "Susanoo".

http://i51.*******.com/2f0ghmg_th.jpg (http://i51.*******.com/2f0ghmg.jpg)

TsukiMirage
31st August 2011, 1:01 PM
And here's the script.
Source: NF
Credit: Mintti

Naruto attacks Mu from the back with a plantery(?) rasengan

Garaa: Naruto?

Muu dodges the attack.

Onooki: Muu is a sensory-ninja!

Naruto: Gaara! Your sand!

Gaara: !!

Gaara releases his sand, Muu gets ready to attack.

Naruto rides on the sand.

Muu: I see... using the sand to approach me. I can dodge it, my ninjutsu is faster.

Naruto's hand(? RM hands maybe?) extends.

Muu: It extended!

Onooki: Good!

The attack hits Muu's abdomen.

Muu: This spiraling!! (describing rasengan?)

Naruto: Uwahhh! Rasengan!

Muu is blown back and uses a doton technique. His hands grew heavy and stops him from being blown back.

Muu: ...you who hated other villages is actually working well with them.

Onooki: When you live long enough, anything is possible.

Gaara's sand catches Muu.

Muu: Careful... I'm... (Muu is sealed?)

Naruto: Yeah, that's Gaara for you. That old man is good too!

Onooki: I am the tsuchikage afterall.

Garaa: Why are you on the battlefield?!

Naruto: Yeah… about that.

Garaa: Can you convince me?

Shikadad:He can't so let me explain. I'm Shikaku, Tsuchikage and Kazekage are battling so we didn't have time to explain.

Onooki:The battle has not ended, sum it up for us.

Clam man:...bah, you guy's don't feel like winning? I'm…really…just way too strong?(more trolling)

Alliance fodder:Ouch, oww... so many of us has fallen.

我爱罗:I see, only naruto can deal with zetsu's transformation... but I was a Jinchuuriki so I know… your kyuubi chakra… is it okay to use them like this?

Naruto: ...

Garaa: ...

Naruto: I won't die before I become the hokage! Don't underestimate me even if you are the Kazekage!

Onooki: ...

Naruto: I'll attack the battlefield from the right! Oldman and Garaa take the left!

Fodder A:I can't feel anything with my attacks!

Fodder B:We can't cause him any damage!!

Edo Raikage recovers quickly.

Temari:I'll have to use my fastest windcutter jutsu.

A ninja appears infront of Temari.

Edo Raikage:土台吗…?(Someone new? I got no clue how to translate names.)

土台:Yes…… Sandaime Raikage endurance surpasses his speed and attack power but he lacks long range attacks.

Temari:I'm a fairly proficient fuuton user but... how did he die?

土台:He protected a comrade and fought 10000 people by himself to allow his comrade to escape...for 3 days without rest.

Kabuto:While summoning "him"…I'll have him buy me some time.

Edo-Raikage:!

Temari:Honestly, I don't think theres anyone in the Alliance that surpasses me in futon…

Naruto: There is!

Temari: !!

Naruto: That's me!

Zetsu: Stop! What's happening?!

Zetsu:Some is piercing in... and black flames are emerging from it!

Zetsu: GWahhhhh!

Sasuke: I'll test it more...

A new Susanoo behind Sasuke.

Sasuke: These eyes... they see well in darkness.

*Rough translation, don't take it too serously, heh heh.
*Credits to 火吧つ村长 from Baidu. Honestly, the best thing about this chapter will be Sasuke's return and kickass new Susanoo.

7 tyranitars
31st August 2011, 2:30 PM
Sounds like a very interesting chapter! But that also means Naruto is getting closer to it's end then ever.

JD
31st August 2011, 3:53 PM
Chapter out!
http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/81418428/1

edit: So Sasuke tested out his new EMS on White Zetsu... well it's about time he showed up.

Platinum fan.
31st August 2011, 4:05 PM
Sasuke is finally back with yet a new EMS design. How many times are Sasuke's eyes going to change? I wonder what new power he has now? I kind of want the war to wrap up so we can get to the main events. Kabuto, Madara, and Sasuke fights. The anime will drag these battles out better then the manga did which is one of the few things the anime does better, but really the battles have been mostly laskluster, rushed, and all over the place. I'm ready for the main event

7 tyranitars
31st August 2011, 4:47 PM
Was it me or where there 3 small rasangans circeling arround a bigger Rasengan?

And so that is what Sasukes EMS look like..

Lorde
31st August 2011, 6:07 PM
This week's chapter reminded me of why I'm starting to dislike this series: the pacing is getting ridiculous. The second Tsuchikage was sealed away much too easily, and he didn't even get a proper back story. The only real good part was Sasuke's return at the end of the chapter, although I have to admit that his Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan doesn't look as impressive as I thought it would.

Lucario At Service
31st August 2011, 6:25 PM
Was it me or where there 3 small rasangans circeling arround a bigger Rasengan?

What you saw is right. That's Naruto's new Rasengan version called "Wakusei Rasengan"

uber gon
31st August 2011, 6:51 PM
You know, with a name like Rasengan Planet you'd think it would look a little bigger.

Mark1006
31st August 2011, 6:58 PM
I quite like this weeks chapter.Also I hope to **** that the original Zetsu was killed just there.Can he even be killed?

Lorde
31st August 2011, 6:58 PM
You know, with a name like Rasengan Planet you'd think it would look a little bigger.

I think the name is a reference to how the smaller Rasengan gravitate around the bigger Rasengan, like planets. That's my take on the name.

And did Temari say that she's the only Wind Release user in the alliance? Can Wind Release really be that rare?

JD
31st August 2011, 7:07 PM
I think the name is a reference to how the smaller Rasengan gravitate around the bigger Rasengan, like planets. That's my take on the name.

And did Temari say that she's the only Wind Release user in the alliance? Can Wind Release really be that rare?

Wait what? Do you mean out of the entire alliance? Because I thought both Naruto and Gaara had Wind Release as well.

Lorde
31st August 2011, 7:09 PM
Wait what? Do you mean out of the entire alliance? Because I thought both Naruto and Gaara had Wind Release as well.

That's what I'm wondering: If she was talking about the entire alliance, or just the group she's part of. We know that Naruto has it, and he did appear right after Temari made the statement, but maybe she didn't know that he had it, as he only recently acquired it. But I'm not sure about Gaara. I always assumed that he could only use Wind Release because he had the Ichibi, but since he no longer has it, he might not be able to use it.

Lucario At Service
31st August 2011, 7:14 PM

Actually what she must have meant was that she was the only one in there who is a powerful Futon jutsu user (the others don't seem to have high power Futon jutsus like her). Thats because in last weeks chapter we did see a bunch of Futon user trying to fight the 3rd Raikage.

TsukiMirage
31st August 2011, 8:45 PM
And did Temari say that she's the only Wind Release user in the alliance? Can Wind Release really be that rare? It had to be the translation, considering there were two other ninjas using fans right next to her, not to mention Onoki who should by all accounts should be the strongest.

Anyway, It's sad that Muu got taken out in such a way, especially since we didn't get to see much from him anyway. No flashbacks or new techniques. I was expecting more, at the very least some explanation as to how exactly someone who died long ago knew of the Rasengan. At least we got to see a new move from Onoki. And the Mizukage is as hilarious as usual. I really wish we would get to see more of him then just a few panels. The Sandaime Raikage withstanding 10,000 ninjas seems far to outrageous. Kishi really needs to take a math class or something. Though it was interesting to learn that Kabuto needed time to summon his secret weapon. And Naruto's being pretty arrogant for someone with only two wind techniques. Anyway, we finally get back to the good part, with the return of Sasuke. His EMS, while completely different from what I was imagining it would be, is still pretty awesome. And his new Susanoo and control over Amaterasu is the same. I wonder, since he killed the original White Zetsu, is Sasuke finally making his move to betray Madara or is he just messing around with his new powers. Whatever he's planning, I'm glad he's back, so now the plot can get a move on. Wonderful chapter due to the end.

Shneak
31st August 2011, 9:16 PM
Knew it. Naruto would come in and kill everybody easily. I would rather not see that happen for every battle left.

I actually got excited seeing Sasuke.

multi-scale
31st August 2011, 11:04 PM
i enjoyed this chapter, it's nice to see Naruto trying some new techniques. I also liked the short description of the 3rd Raikage, because even though it was just an panel, it was better than saying "He was really strong". Sadly, Muu was beaten rather easily. 2nd Mizukage being awesome as usual. Sasuke goes and kills White Zetsu cuz he's a jerk, but his EMS is really cool.

sam40400
1st September 2011, 1:29 AM
Sasuke's mongakeyo sharingan looks totally bad a*s but hes still an a*s himself >_> well i can't wait to see the final battle between naruto and sasuke, they seem to be getting stronger every new manga chapter. I also wonder how naruto will defeat the third raikage.

Shadow Lucario
1st September 2011, 3:10 AM
RasenShuriken. I bet that's how he beats him. It's a strong Fuuton technique and he can use three versions of it. Sasuke is looking badass as usual. Can't wait to see him in action again.

Crimsonlink
1st September 2011, 3:11 AM
i enjoyed this chapter, it's nice to see Naruto trying some new techniques. I also liked the short description of the 3rd Raikage, because even though it was just an panel, it was better than saying "He was really strong". Sadly, Muu was beaten rather easily. 2nd Mizukage being awesome as usual. Sasuke goes and kills White Zetsu cuz he's a jerk, but his EMS is really cool.

A Rasengan with 3 mini Rasengans is hardly a new technique honestly.

This chapter was nothing more than making Naruto look good and upstaging his allies. Overall except Sasuke appearing it was a bad chapter.

Muu and 3rd Raikage (what is his name?) is another fail on Kishi's part. 10,000 shinobi for 3 days? Who are you kidding Kishi, its even worse than Kinkaku and Ginkaku eating Kyuubi's insides after a week smh.

Then Naruto comes in and says he is a better Futon user than Temari, yeah with what Wind jutsus? Oh wait you only have like 2 or 3 and 2 of them are Rasengans in reality.

No joke guys, I would feel bad for Konoha if they get Naruto as a Hokage.

Shadow Lucario
1st September 2011, 3:18 AM
A Rasengan with 3 mini Rasengans is hardly a new technique honestly.

It's a different version. Which is a new technique. Just like how Sasuke's variations on Chidori are new techniques and how Chidori and Raikiri are two different techniques.

This chapter was nothing more than making Naruto look good and upstaging his allies. Overall except Sasuke appearing it was a bad chapter.

Because he's stronger than them?

Muu and 3rd Raikage (what is his name?) is another fail on Kishi's part. 10,000 shinobi for 3 days? Who are you kidding Kishi, its even worse than Kinkaku and Ginkaku eating Kyuubi's insides after a week smh.

This post is fail because you use the abbreviation smh. The Kages are the strongest shinobi in their village. Is that more far fetched than Minato taking out battalions without getting a scratch on him?

Then Naruto comes in and says he is a better Futon user than Temari, yeah with what Wind jutsus? Oh wait you only have like 2 or 3 and 2 of them are Rasengans in reality.

Naruto said he was another Fuuton user. Not better. Read the chapter again.

No joke guys, I would feel bad for Konoha if they get Naruto as a Hokage.

And why is that? He's strong, strives for peace, and listens to others. While he has bad qualities everybody does. Doesn't mean he would make a bad Hokage.

lolipiece
1st September 2011, 3:35 AM
And we've reached the point where we wonder why everyone else in this manga even exists because our main character has finally gotten so strong that he doesn't even need their help anymore.

....Fun.

Crimsonlink
1st September 2011, 3:38 AM
It's a different version. Which is a new technique. Just like how Sasuke's variations on Chidori are new techniques and how Chidori and Raikiri are two different techniques.

Unlike Sasuke's techniques which take different forms like Chidori Senbon and Chidori Current, Rasengan stays the same in the case of Planetary Rasengan which is 3 Rasengans circling 1 big one.

Because he's stronger than them?

So? Just because he is "stronger" than Garaa and Onoki doesn't mean he can come in and order the kages around.

This post is fail because you use the abbreviation smh. The Kages are the strongest shinobi in their village. Is that more far fetched than Minato taking out battalions without getting a scratch on him?

Ignoring the first part, 3rd Raikage's accomplishment is really far fetched. Unlike Minato who has the Hiraishin to do devastating damage, 3rd Raikage has "endurance" for 3 days against 10,000 ninjas is much harder to swallow. If Kishi bothered to expand on the 3rd Raikage like him having Bijuu like Chakra levels or a special tech then his story would be more believable.

Naruto said he was another Fuuton user. Not better. Read the chapter again.

I did so unless we got different translations, then Naruto said he was better than Temari. Here are the exact quotes from the chapter.

"TEMARI: TO BE HONEST, IF I HAD TO NAME A BETTER FUUTON USER THAN ME IN THIS LEAGUE...."
"NARUTO: THERE IS ONE!!! ME!!!"

And why is that? He's strong, strives for peace, and listens to others. While he has bad qualities everybody does. Doesn't mean he would make a bad Hokage.

I'll give you the first 2 but the 3rd one is a big NO. He would make a bad Hokage for his rather naive view of the world and bullheaded desire to do everything himself. His smarts are also lacking very much.

TsukiMirage
1st September 2011, 3:59 AM
It's a different version. Which is a new technique. Just like how Sasuke's variations on Chidori are new techniques and how Chidori and Raikiri are two different techniques. Can't be considered the same thing. The Chidori variations are actual variations of Chidori, each created and meant for a different situation and purpose. But apart from the FRS, all the Rasengan variations are the exact same. They all fill the exact same role and purpose to the point where you could replace one with another without effecting anything. The only difference is appearance and at this point that's not a good enough reason to keep making new ones.

Because he's stronger than them? But the whole point of Itachi's speech was about Naruto allowing others to aid in the work. While this is a clone and thus doesn't know any of that, Kishi could have done better then simply have Naruto rush in and literally save everyone.

This post is fail because you use the abbreviation smh. The Kages are the strongest shinobi in their village. Is that more far fetched than Minato taking out battalions without getting a scratch on him? Yes, the sheer numbers screw it up. 10,000 ninjas is basically an entire village full and even Pain didn't have an easy time taking on a entire village and he was using six different bodies. Minato took out about a hundred ninjas and he needed help from allies to do it. And what exactly will that mean once Naruto beats him? That Naruto equals 10,000 ninjas?

Lorde
1st September 2011, 4:05 AM
I did so unless we got different translations, then Naruto said he was better than Temari. Here are the exact quotes from the chapter.

"TEMARI: TO BE HONEST, IF I HAD TO NAME A BETTER FUUTON USER THAN ME IN THIS LEAGUE...."
"NARUTO: THERE IS ONE!!! ME!!!"

I read a different translation, so I was also a bit confused about what Temari had said.

And I never even considered the possibility of Naruto fighting the third Raikage. I was sure that Temari's squad would finish him, and I'm not sure if I want Naruto to defeat the Raikage. It just feels like Kishi is having Naruto beat all the Edo Tensei summonings, even though this is supposed to be the time for him to showcase all the other ninja and their powers.

TsukiMirage
1st September 2011, 4:50 AM
Was it's Mangastream's translation, because that was really erroneous. Mangareader's translation made more sense.

Banana Knight Arthur
1st September 2011, 6:10 AM
I liked Sasuke's old Mangekyo design better, but I do enjoy the abilities afforded to him with Itachi's eyes!

Also, I appreciate the "spin" on the rasengan — "planetary rasengan"

uber gon
1st September 2011, 8:31 AM
And here I thought Sasuke would make Susanoo wear clothes filled with Amaterasu fire.

Banana Knight Arthur
1st September 2011, 6:22 PM
And here I thought Sasuke would make Susanoo wear clothes filled with Amaterasu fire.

I can only hope now the use of, and extinguishing of Amaterasu will not damage his eyes anymore.

Lorde
1st September 2011, 7:17 PM
I can only hope now the use of, and extinguishing of Amaterasu will not damage his eyes anymore.

I have a feeling that his eyes won't be damaged anymore, although I have to admit that I actually liked how his eyes bled when he used Amaterasu; it added a dramatic effect, which I liked. And I can't believe that I missed this, but Sasuke killed the main White Zetsu? That makes me feel a little sad. :c

TsukiMirage
1st September 2011, 8:16 PM
I'm glad Sasuke killed White Zetsu, that means the plot should start to move. It's been basically 71 chapters since a named character that wasn't already dead had actually died. Hopefully this means we can actually get a real threat in this war.

Shneak
2nd September 2011, 12:11 AM
I have a feeling that his eyes won't be damaged anymore, although I have to admit that I actually liked how his eyes bled when he used Amaterasu; it added a dramatic effect, which I liked. And I can't believe that I missed this, but Sasuke killed the main White Zetsu? That makes me feel a little sad. :c

So it was the main one? Aww, no more "HELLO!~"

Anyway, I'm not sure how Naruto will be able to contend with Sasuke's eyes. Seriously, he has the ability to set you on fire by looking at you, and apparently Susanoo can do that too, with it's sword. Granted, Itachi wasn't broken.

Banana Knight Arthur
2nd September 2011, 12:34 AM

We know that was the main Zetsu, was the one guarding Sasuke for certain?

If ,so, hooray, perhaps this means just as he did with Orochimaru, Sasuke feels he learned/obtained all he could/needed from Tobi and now he is ready to go rogue on everyone.

New Sasuke is going to thrash Naruto hopefully.

JetshipperKekkaishi
2nd September 2011, 12:46 AM
Wow Naruto comes in with a New techinque. I could see Naruto as a strong Hokage. With Sasuke's Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan things turn interesting to say at least. This must be the strongest form of Sharingan yet. Wonder how this new Sharingan will do against Naruto.

uber gon
2nd September 2011, 2:52 AM
Wonder if Naruto will use some jutsu that isn't a Rasengan? Wind clones perhaps.

lolipiece
2nd September 2011, 3:05 AM
Wonder if Naruto will use some jutsu that isn't a Rasengan? Wind clones perhaps.

Which would be exactly the same as his regular Shadow Clones...only made of wind.

Lorde
2nd September 2011, 5:53 AM
We know that was the main Zetsu, was the one guarding Sasuke for certain?

If ,so, hooray, perhaps this means just as he did with Orochimaru, Sasuke feels he learned/obtained all he could/needed from Tobi and now he is ready to go rogue on everyone.

From what I recall, Madara told White Zetsu to watch over Sasuke. The one from this week's chapter seemed to be real, although I suppose that it could've been one of his clones. We'll see what happens. And I hate how Sasuke just uses other ninja for his own gain. He's such an arrogant little brat.

New Sasuke is going to thrash Naruto hopefully.

I hate to admit it, but I don't see how Naruto will be able to defeat Sasuke.

TsukiMirage
2nd September 2011, 6:54 AM
The same way Naruto won against Pain, through convenient plot device.

7 tyranitars
2nd September 2011, 12:11 PM
We shall see, or Sasuke is just overated.

uber gon
2nd September 2011, 7:30 PM
Which would be exactly the same as his regular Shadow Clones...only made of wind.

Yeah, but could you imagine the damage that would come from that attack?

Banana Knight Arthur
2nd September 2011, 7:33 PM
The same way Naruto won against Pain, through convenient plot device.

The only plot-hax/wins I want to see are in Sasuke's favor, we have been Sasuke-starved for weeks upon weeks, it's time for Sasuke to wreck all creation and take names!!!

Lorde
2nd September 2011, 7:38 PM
Yeah, but could you imagine the damage that would come from that attack?

I would imagine that the wind clones would explode into gusts of wind upon being destroyed, which could cause some damage to the ninja who destroyed them if they were within close proximity. Still, I don't think that Naruto will use wind clones. I'm sure someone will use them at some point, but I think that Naruto will stick with shadow clones.

TsukiMirage
2nd September 2011, 11:36 PM
We shall see, or Sasuke is just overated. Well he is the final villain that's suppose to rival the current Naruto in power...

The only plot-hax/wins I want to see are in Sasuke's favor, we have been Sasuke-starved for weeks upon weeks, it's time for Sasuke to wreck all creation and take names!!! With the way Naruto is wasting the Kyuubi's chakra, I definitely see a Hax win coming soon.

Fissurous
3rd September 2011, 2:17 AM
Well he is the final villain
Or he can finally come to his senses and not be the villain. But that could take a while :l

Also, has anyone realized that Kakashi's part of the war has been ignored for like 20 chapters? .__.

thatguycharizard34
3rd September 2011, 1:27 PM
PLOTTWIST AND A BIG HALF. Seriously, things are going to get mental, as we've got Naruto using a ultimate-mode without losing control and Sasuke gaining the Eternal Mangeyko Sharingan. I have fears Naruto is going to run out of steam half way through the fight, and will get saved by Gaara or Kakashi who will sacrifice themselves, only for Naruto to lose all control or gain a new form and almost kill Sasuke. That's what I think at least

SharpedoX
3rd September 2011, 4:06 PM
Or he can finally come to his senses and not be the villain. But that could take a while :l

Also, has anyone realized that Kakashi's part of the war has been ignored for like 20 chapters? .__.

I know, right?

I also wish we were given a glimpse of how the Black Zetsu and Mizukage fight is going to unfold. So much going on - so little time. Also, what happened to Kakuzu? Was he sealed or did he manage to escape?

Is anyone else upset about the lack of deaths on this war? It's known Kishi sure loves his character but I really think it would really spice things up if a current Kage like Tsunade or an important character like Kakashi sacrificed themselves for Naruto. It's sort of anti-climatic how the war is pretty much in the favor of the Shinobi Alliance (give or take a few situations). Putting Naruto in the vanguard is pretty much a disappointment because it's implied he's gonna sweep his way till Sasuke.

-Raiga-
3rd September 2011, 7:12 PM
Is anyone else upset about the lack of deaths on this war? It's known Kishi sure loves his character but I really think it would really spice things up if a current Kage like Tsunade or an important character like Kakashi sacrificed themselves for Naruto. It's sort of anti-climatic how the war is pretty much in the favor of the Shinobi Alliance (give or take a few situations). Putting Naruto in the vanguard is pretty much a disappointment because it's implied he's gonna sweep his way till Sasuke.

I completely agree, its hard to take the war seriously when not even someone like tenten has died yet.

Thats why loved the pain arc up until the end. A lot of no-names died, some semi-important characters died, and then a major one in the form of kakashi died. Thats the ideal way to handle a situation like that or this in my opinion.

This is really my only problem with the war arc, that people like asuma and zabuza who had phenomenal send-offs were brought back. I wish he just formed excuses for not being able to get their bodies, like he did for jiraiya.

Or just do what one-piece did in the paramount war and not have anyone but the main character be involved at all. In this case I'd say leaving out the konoha 11 would have benifited the story greatly.

Lorde
3rd September 2011, 7:23 PM
I also wish we were given a glimpse of how the Black Zetsu and Mizukage fight is going to unfold. So much going on - so little time. Also, what happened to Kakuzu? Was he sealed or did he manage to escape?

I kind of hope that Mei defeats Black Zetsu. I have nothing against his character, but I like Mei, and I want her to show that she's just as strong as the other Kage. I'm also wondering about Kakuzu's fate. The last time I remember seeing him was right before Madara arrived to take the sealing pot. I sort of lost track of him after that.

Platinum fan.
3rd September 2011, 7:56 PM
I forgot about Kazuzu. Poor guy is rather forgettable in the grand scheme of things isn't he? I also forgot about the black Zetsu. So many white Zetsu's I forgot that there was a black one.

7 tyranitars
3rd September 2011, 9:47 PM
Why is everyone so obsessed with people dying -.-, I rather have a lot of unnnamed non important characters die then someone like Kakashi tbh, the series wouldn't be the same anymore.

Fissurous
3rd September 2011, 11:38 PM
I kind of hope that Mei defeats Black Zetsu. I have nothing against his character, but I like Mei, and I want her to show that she's just as strong as the other Kage. I'm also wondering about Kakuzu's fate. The last time I remember seeing him was right before Madara arrived to take the sealing pot. I sort of lost track of him after that.
Speaking of Madara..has anyone realized that he's also being ignored? One of the main antagonists of this arc? .-.

multi-scale
3rd September 2011, 11:47 PM
The Kakuzu thing was kind of lame, since Chouji just sat on him and he was done.

Crimsonlink
3rd September 2011, 11:50 PM
lol Its funny that Kishi has surpassed Kubo in terms of characters introduced and mismanaging them.

Lorde
3rd September 2011, 11:52 PM
Why is everyone so obsessed with people dying -.-, I rather have a lot of unnnamed non important characters die then someone like Kakashi tbh, the series wouldn't be the same anymore.

I just feel that unless a main character dies, this war will have been for nothing. All wars require sacrifices, and it just wouldn't feel right if all the main characters came out of this war alive. Kishi has had no problem killing major characters in the past, so he shouldn't shy away from doing that now.

Speaking of Madara..has anyone realized that he's also being ignored? One of the main antagonists of this arc? .-.

It's sad how Madara is constantly ignored. I have a feeling that his role as the main villain will be taken over by Kabuto soon.

TsukiMirage
4th September 2011, 12:27 AM
Why is everyone so obsessed with people dying -.-, I rather have a lot of unnnamed non important characters die then someone like Kakashi tbh, the series wouldn't be the same anymore. This is suppose to be the largest war ever for the stakes of the world. If a named character, someone we actually know doesn't die, that takes the whole feeling of danger away. Like with the Winter War in Bleach.

Fissurous
4th September 2011, 3:13 AM
It's sad how Madara is constantly ignored. I have a feeling that his role as the main villain will be taken over by Kabuto soon.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised. The story's mostly centering around him noe .-.

-Raiga-
4th September 2011, 5:13 AM

As mentioned, its impossible to take a WORLD WAR seriously when everything is happy go lucky and none of the good guys die.

As far as kakashi is concerned, he can either stick around and show up every 50 chapters and do absolutely nothing to influence anything, or he can die for a reason while he still has some value.

I believe the biggest reason he appealed to people was how mysterious the power he had was, but considering that we've seen tons of people by now surpassing his skill level(much less naruto, sasuke, and madara being ridiculously stronger than that), he doesn't have any reason to be sticking around.

Fissurous
4th September 2011, 7:18 PM
As far as kakashi is concerned, he can either stick around and show up every 50 chapters and do absolutely nothing to influence anything, or he can die for a reason while he still has some value.
You're my hero. Exactly this. Even though I like Kakashi, he's becoming more and more obselete.

Lorde
4th September 2011, 8:32 PM
You're my hero. Exactly this. Even though I like Kakashi, he's becoming more and more obselete.

I think he should've died a long time ago. He does very little these days, and no matter how strong he's rumored to be, he still manages to struggle in many of his battles. His character has just become a bit of a joke throughout the years, and it's sad; I guess Kishi only keeps him around because he's popular.

TsukiMirage
4th September 2011, 11:11 PM
Come on now, at least Kakashi has the possibility of giving us a exciting fight. On the other hand, Tsunade doesn't even grant us that. So she should be the one to die, so she can join her fellow Sannins in death while allowing Kakashi to finally become Hokage.

Fissurous
5th September 2011, 1:12 AM
Kakashi as Hokage...No offense, but I don't think he would go well with the job ._. Sadly Konoha has run out of good ninjas.
And Tsunade could give us a good fight. But Kishi decided not to right now.
Also. Yeah he should've. He should've remained dead when Pain killed him.

Shneak
5th September 2011, 3:31 AM
Konoha hasn't run out of good ninjas. Kishi just hasn't given them enough to look as good as some of the main characters.

Lorde
5th September 2011, 4:03 AM
Kakashi as Hokage...No offense, but I don't think he would go well with the job ._. Sadly Konoha has run out of good ninjas.
Also. Yeah he should've. He should've remained dead when Pain killed him.

I wouldn't want to see Kakashi as Hokage either. I think he's pretty strong and intelligent, but I don't think he has the heart for the job. And it's a little sad that most of the great ninja have died. There are several younger ninja who have shown flashes of brilliance, but I don't think that any of them are in the same league as the older ninja who have perished.

TsukiMirage
5th September 2011, 5:23 AM
Also. Yeah he should've. He should've remained dead when Pain killed him. Kakashi's one of the smartest and tactical ninjas around, and he's willing to give his life for the greater good. By all accounts he would make a great Hokage. He'll at the very least do far better then Tsunade has been doing.

I serious doubt she could give us a good fight. All she has going for her in offense is super strength, nothing we don't already get from Ee and Kirabi.

Shadow Lucario
5th September 2011, 5:31 AM
I also don't think Tsunade could give a good fight. In my opinion, she's the weakest of the Sanin. The only defining quality she has is her super strength which Sakura has as well.

Fissurous
5th September 2011, 5:39 AM
Konoha hasn't run out of good ninjas. Kishi just hasn't given them enough to look as good as some of the main characters.
I meant ninjas fit for Hokage.

Kakashi's one of the smartest and tactical ninjas around, and he's willing to give his life for the greater good. By all accounts he would make a great Hokage. He'll at the very least do far better then Tsunade has been doing.
Like Kira said, he can be Hogake, but his heart isn't in to the job.

In my opinion, she's the weakest of the Sanin.
Eh. I have to agree.

Shadow Lucario
5th September 2011, 5:51 AM
Like Kira said, he can be Hogake, but his heart isn't in to the job.

Even Kakashi himself said he wasn't up for the job XD

Emperor Empoleon
5th September 2011, 5:58 AM

I think that someone will die, just for the sake of drama..But after Pain's Invasion, I personally kinda doubt that any of Naruto close friends/Konoha allies will die..

Just doesn't have the same impact if someone "dies" for a second time.

Fissurous
5th September 2011, 8:12 PM
I think that someone will die, just for the sake of drama..But after Pain's Invasion, I personally kinda doubt that any of Naruto close friends/Konoha allies will die..

I'd be VERY disappointed if someone didn't die. If none of the good guys (the ones we actually know, not like Random Sand Ninja #57) die, how can it be called war?

Lorde
5th September 2011, 8:43 PM

Only a few major characters died when Pain attacked Konoha, meaning that there are tons of characters left who could die without things feeling repetitive. I personally want Sakura to die since she's pretty useless, but I know that Kishi will keep her around. Tsunade should die since that would allow Naruto to become Hokage more quickly. I also don't think that Tsunade is a good Hokage, so she might as well die doing something heroic for once.

Shneak
5th September 2011, 8:51 PM
I don't know, I think Tsunade risking her life to save and heal the villagers was pretty heroic. She's probably my favourite Hokage.

7 tyranitars
5th September 2011, 10:35 PM
Tsunade can die idc about her, atleast Naruto can be Hokage then. :P

Fissurous
5th September 2011, 10:42 PM
o__o. They'd probably elect Kakashi next. Naruto definately has the strength to be Hogake, just not the intelligence.

Lorde
5th September 2011, 11:32 PM
I agree that Tsunade showed a lot of courage during the Pain Invasion arc, but I expected a lot more from her since she's a Sannin. I think she should at least do something amazing before she dies, which I'm thinking might happen during this arc. But I've seen enough of her healing abilities, so I'd like to see some of her other techniques. I figure that Kishi should at least reveal her nature type(s) before she dies.

Tinygreyalien
6th September 2011, 1:41 AM
well gaara temari etc. are from the sand villiage which is the 'wind' section so maybe wind release's are more common there like in the leaf fire release was seen a lot

badmanjaro
6th September 2011, 1:49 AM
Hey doesn't nagato dieing mean something? :P
I'll be sad if itachi dies again -_-

Emperor Empoleon
6th September 2011, 3:43 AM
^He's already dead ;3

Tsunade should die since that would allow Naruto to become Hokage more quickly.

But Sarutobi didn't need to die for Minato to become the 4th o.O So how would Tsunade dying speed up Naruto becoming Hokage? She could just choose to step down by the ending :s

TsukiMirage
6th September 2011, 4:42 AM
I don't know, I think Tsunade risking her life to save and heal the villagers was pretty heroic. She's probably my favourite Hokage. It would have been more heroic had she not waited until the last minute to do something. The whole Akatsuki situation was handled terribly.

But Sarutobi didn't need to die for Minato to become the 4th o.O So how would Tsunade dying speed up Naruto becoming Hokage? She could just choose to step down by the ending :s It's not only about making room for someone else to be Hoakge, it's also about the fact that the other two Sannins are already dead. No real reason to keep her from joining with them.

badmanjaro
6th September 2011, 4:49 AM
^He's already dead ;3

But Sarutobi didn't need to die for Minato to become the 4th o.O So how would Tsunade dying speed up Naruto becoming Hokage? She could just choose to step down by the ending :s

Yeah he got reanimated by kabuto right? When will he go back to die or something like that O_o

Lorde
6th September 2011, 5:09 AM
Hey doesn't nagato dieing mean something? :P

I'm not sure, but I'm a little upset that we didn't learn more about the origin of Nagato's Rinnegan before he died. I thought that Kishi would expand on that during the recent fight, but I guess he's saving that for another time.

I'll be sad if itachi dies again -_-

Itachi is one of my favorite characters, so I'll be very sad if he dies again. Sometimes I think Kishi only revived the old characters so that he could enjoy killing them again.

TsukiMirage
6th September 2011, 8:03 AM
I was upset too that a good opportunity for a flashback was passed up with Nagato. I mean, we were given flashbacks with Zabuza and Asuma, so Nagato deserved at least that. I'm guessing we'll learn more about the Rinnegan when Madara finally confronts Naruto or ion the next databook, whichever comes first.

Shneak
6th September 2011, 10:05 PM
It would have been more heroic had she not waited until the last minute to do something. The whole Akatsuki situation was handled terribly.

To be fair, Jiraiya died on her. She couldn't get the intel, and then Pain and Konan suddenly invaded.

Lorde
6th September 2011, 11:54 PM
I think that, in a way, Konoha was expecting an invasion at some point. I'm sure Tsunade realized that the Akatsuki would come looking for Naruto, so she must've made plans in case the village was attacked. I'm sure her slugs were part of that plan, and she was able to use them rather effectively. I'm not saying that she knew exactly when Pain would invade, but I think that she was smart enough to make provisions.

Banana Knight Arthur
7th September 2011, 12:08 AM
I was upset too that a good opportunity for a flashback was passed up with Nagato. I mean, we were given flashbacks with Zabuza and Asuma, so Nagato deserved at least that. I'm guessing we'll learn more about the Rinnegan when Madara finally confronts Naruto or ion the next databook, whichever comes first.

Hey, with Tobi using one Rinne'gan and the Rikudo jinchuuriki we may still get a flashback hopefully, maybe not Nagato specific but Rinne'gan centered(pun not intended)

Shneak
7th September 2011, 3:51 AM
I think that, in a way, Konoha was expecting an invasion at some point. I'm sure Tsunade realized that the Akatsuki would come looking for Naruto, so she must've made plans in case the village was attacked. I'm sure her slugs were part of that plan, and she was able to use them rather effectively. I'm not saying that she knew exactly when Pain would invade, but I think that she was smart enough to make provisions.

Absolutely. An attack was imminent, but if she got Jiraiya's intel, she would have found out who the Akatsuki invaders would be and possibly could have prepared better.

TsukiMirage
7th September 2011, 6:39 AM
To be fair, Jiraiya died on her. She couldn't get the intel, and then Pain and Konan suddenly invaded. Well I was referring to even before that. She knew Akatsuki was out there, yet apparently didn't have anyone searching for them until they actually came into the Fire Country and attacked the Fire Temple. She allowed Naruto to face them several times, even though he was one of their targets and only due to luck that he wasn't captured or killed. She was basically bullied by Team Ten into allowing them to go after Hidan and Kakuzu, and then have her orders to bring back one of the Akatsuki members alive completely disregarded with no punishment. And while she had no intel on Pain and Konan attacking, she knew they were in Ame, meaning she could have had someone watching the border between the two countries once she learnt that Jiraiya had died. I just think she could have done more then she actually did.

TsukiMirage
7th September 2011, 3:40 PM
Credit: Agony
Verification: Confirmed

i'll just summarize everything up.

naruto tries three rasen shuriken.the first two missed but the third hit raikage.

but the damage wasnt that great,so he cant be sealed.

raikage focused all his chakra to his hand and attacks.
doton user tries to use doton heki to defend but is easily destroyed by the raikage.
raikage was once said to be able to withstand any kind of jutsus.

naruto saw a scar on raikage's right arm that was caused by eight tails.

naruto uses bijuu dama.

end of chapter. Sounds pretty boring, but that's probably due to Naruto still taking all the focus.

SharpedoX
7th September 2011, 4:03 PM
Credit: Agony

i'll just summarize everything up.

naruto tries three rasen shuriken.the first two missed but the third hit raikage.

but the damage wasnt that great,so he cant be sealed.

raikage focused all his chakra to his hand and attacks.
doton user tries to use doton heki to defend but is easily destroyed by the raikage.
raikage was once said to be able to withstand any kind of jutsus.

naruto saw a scar on raikage's right arm that was caused by eight tails.

naruto uses bijuu dama.

end of chapter. Sounds pretty boring, but that's probably due to Naruto still taking all the focus.

Yeah, seems kind of stale. It's probably because most are excited to see Kabuto's secret weapon or other secondary fights (talking for myself).

Lorde
7th September 2011, 6:04 PM
Yeah, this week's chapter wasn't that special. All we really learned was that the third Raikage is really strong, but I think we already figured that out a long time ago. I'm also kind of upset that so many ninja from different villages have Lava Release; are they all related or something? Anyway, it was a decent chapter, but it wasn't groundbreaking.

TsukiMirage
7th September 2011, 7:43 PM
Well, the one highlight of this chapter is that the Sandaime Raikage really seems to be living up to his legend. He took a FRS directly without suffering any noticeable effect. Honestly would question the idea of making a wall of earth knowing that he wouldn't have any trouble getting through. I know it was just to delay him until the eye-patch guy could use his lava to make a rubber barrier, but surely a wall of water or fire would have done just as well? And speaking of which, we now have a third village with a lava user. I'm all for more Bloodline users, but lava's getting a little overused. Would be nice to see the Blast bloodline again. Strange that Naruto's attempting to use the Bijuu Ball when the last time he attempted it, he couldn't even keep it together. Unsurprisingly, he'll probably master it and use it to defeat the Raikage... Be sort of nice if Kishi followed his own advice and allowed the other characters to shine instead. Plain and pretty short chapter.

uber gon
7th September 2011, 7:55 PM
Wonder if Naruto's Bijuu bomb will look different compared to other versions?

Shneak
7th September 2011, 10:14 PM
Boring chapter indeed. At least the ninja in battle got to do something. How exactly is Naruto's Bijuu Ball going to damage the Raikage when Rasengan didn't?

arceus7
7th September 2011, 11:27 PM
because its what the Bijuu used to give him a scar

Lorde
7th September 2011, 11:55 PM
I hope the Bijuu Ball fails against the Raikage. I really want it to be Naruto's reserve jutsu for when he fights Sasuke, and things won't be the same if he succeeds in using it here. I'm also a little confused about what happened regarding the Doton jutsu: why did the various ninja use that against the Raikage's Raiton? I thought Doton was weak against Raiton.

uber gon
8th September 2011, 4:43 AM
5 bucks Naruto puts Wind chakra in that ball at some point.

TsukiMirage
8th September 2011, 5:08 AM
I hope the Bijuu Ball fails against the Raikage. I really want it to be Naruto's reserve jutsu for when he fights Sasuke, and things won't be the same if he succeeds in using it here. I'm also a little confused about what happened regarding the Doton jutsu: why did the various ninja use that against the Raikage's Raiton? I thought Doton was weak against Raiton. Doton is weak, but apparently they were simply buying time until eye-patch could use his lava release to create a rubber wall. Doesn't make much sense to me either.

Platinum fan.
8th September 2011, 5:17 AM
I'm late to the party. Just read the story, it was alright. All Raikages are freakishly fast and strong and this one seems to be near flawless, minus his scar. But anyway the chapter was alright. I'm waiting to see if Naruto can use the Bijuu attack now. Other then that, no real opinion on the chapter. It wasn't bad.

TsukiMirage
8th September 2011, 5:29 AM
The funny thing was that the Raikage considered a small wound from fighting the Hachibi as shameful, when probably every single of person in the world would gladly take that over instantly being killed.

Platinum fan.
8th September 2011, 5:35 AM
If he finds a scar from the Hachibi shameful then losing and being sealed away by a bunch of kids (Most of them are younger then him) must really hurt. He'll rue the day he was Edo Tensei'd back to life.

7 tyranitars
8th September 2011, 1:12 PM
Boring chapter indeed. At least the ninja in battle got to do something. How exactly is Naruto's Bijuu Ball going to damage the Raikage when Rasengan didn't?

The Bijuu dama is way more powerfull then the Rasengan, and besides the Hachibi was the thing that put that big scar on the Sandaime Raikage body.

uncutpokemon
8th September 2011, 2:52 PM
Am I the only one thinking Third Raikage = Harry Potter?

Platinum fan.
8th September 2011, 3:20 PM
You might be. I don't really see the connection between him and Harry Potter.

SharpedoX
8th September 2011, 4:41 PM
Am I the only one thinking Third Raikage = Harry Potter?

In what other way besides the scar? :P

Banana Knight Arthur
8th September 2011, 5:16 PM
A Raikage is not the one I wish to see nearly invincible, that role is hopefully Sasuke's now!!!!

TsukiMirage
8th September 2011, 6:23 PM
You might be. I don't really see the connection between him and Harry Potter. The lightning shaped scar.

Anyway, hopefully this clone will fail attempting the Bijuu Ball so that the real Naruto can prefect it against Madara or Sasuke. And speaking of Sasuke, the fact that the Raikage could endure the FRS is pretty good news for Susanoo.

Lorde
8th September 2011, 8:42 PM
In what other way besides the scar? :P

I guess Lord Voldemort's the main villain here. :p

Anyway, I'm also a little sad that Naruto's Rasenshuriken didn't affect the third Raikage much. I've always seen it as being Naruto's most powerful move, but if the Raikage was able to avoid taking too much damage from it, then things don't look too good for Naruto. I bet that Sasuke will be able to block it easily, and that's bad since the Rasenshuriken was supposed to be Naruto's main weapon against Sasuke's Raiton jutsu.

Shneak
8th September 2011, 10:13 PM
The Bijuu dama is way more powerfull then the Rasengan, and besides the Hachibi was the thing that put that big scar on the Sandaime Raikage body.

Hm. I assumed that the Hachibi actually physically attacked him, giving the scar. I don't see the Bijuu Ball doing anything that the Rasenshuriken couldn't.

multi-scale
8th September 2011, 11:48 PM
Seems like the 3rd Raikage is the most powerful kage so far. I would've liked to see Raikage and Bee seal him, but oh well....
Is anyone getting a weird feeling bout the Edo Tensei? It seems weird that Kabuto could control the 3rd Raikage with absolutely no drawbacks. And who knows what his reserve could be, though it seems to be a different technique than the Edo Tensei, possibly some way to revive sealed shinobi like the Hokages.
I have a feeling that the 2nd Mizukage will be sealed offscreen, which is sad because he's my favorite character....
Hoping that the Bijuu Ball fails and Bee and the Raikage show up when the 3rd uses a single finger.

uber gon
9th September 2011, 1:02 AM
I can SO se Samuel L. Jackson voicing the 3rd Raikage. Good GOD can I see it.

TsukiMirage
9th September 2011, 8:14 AM
Hm. I assumed that the Hachibi actually physically attacked him, giving the scar. I don't see the Bijuu Ball doing anything that the Rasenshuriken couldn't. Well that's reasonable to assume the Hachibi attacked with a physical attack, but I wouldn't underestimate the Bijuu Blast. The FRS is a swimming pool compared to the ocean that is the Bijuu Blast.

miles0624
9th September 2011, 4:05 PM
I can SO se Samuel L. Jackson voicing the 3rd Raikage. Good GOD can I see it.

Yup I can see it.

Yeah, I have a feeling that all the naruto clones are bound to fail.

Also this is how I see the end of the series. Naruto vs Sasuke. They both kill each other. Sakura somehow becomes the hokage. Just a feeling.

Platinum fan.
9th September 2011, 4:35 PM
The lightning shaped scar.

Anyway, hopefully this clone will fail attempting the Bijuu Ball so that the real Naruto can prefect it against Madara or Sasuke. And speaking of Sasuke, the fact that the Raikage could endure the FRS is pretty good news for Susanoo.

Oh! Silly me. I saw the scar but failed to notice it was lighting shaped. I've seen so many scars on anime/manga characters that they all look the same to me unless they really stick out. Though I still don't think of Harry Potter when I see him. Strange as it sounds the third Raikage reminds me of the Monkey King Enma that Sarutobi/3rd Hokage summoned. Don't ask me why, I don't even know. He just does. Weird huh?

As for the comment above me stating Sakura as Hokage. The day Sakura becomes Hokage is the day Konoha fails as a village.

SharpedoX
9th September 2011, 6:10 PM
Sakura somehow becomes the hokage. Just a feeling.

No. Just no. That would *really* be a pathetic ending. Perhaps Shikaku or Kakashi but certainly not her :P

Crimsonlink
9th September 2011, 6:33 PM
If Sakura becomes Hokage............................................ ..............................

I will buy every volume of Naruto and burn it into a bonfire and send a video of it to Kishi. Just to tell him what Konoha's future would look like if Sakura became Hokage.

I can see Sakura's law for kunoichis.

1. You must worship Sasuke Uchiha and cry for him even if he becomes evil and tries to destroy Konoha. He simply needs love after all.
2. You can beat up your teammate to feel better about yourself.
3. Squealing at how cool the guy you have a crush on is mandatory.
4. Lie about loving your teammate to break promises.
5. Have super strength and not be able to use it all.
6. Have no development in character or body.
7. Be a overall *****.

I think that about covers it although I'm sure there were a few laws I forgot.

Lorde
9th September 2011, 8:32 PM
I wouldn't be against Sakura becoming the Hokage if she changes her ways during this war. I really hope that she at least defeats someone important, otherwise she'll be as plain as ever. As for Shikamaru's dad: I don't really like him, so I wouldn't want him to be Hokage. It's interesting how Kishi has made it so that Naruto is the only real candidate for the Hokage position.

SharpedoX
9th September 2011, 8:58 PM
I mean... I'm not as uncomfortable with her becoming Hokage as I exaggerated in my previous post but it would really be an out of the blue sort of thing when we got ourselves a character who's aspiring to be Hokage all his life. Apart from that, I don't really see anyone else with the position for the time being. Still the thing that Naruto lacks is a lot of maturity needed for that title.

5. Have super strength and not be able to use it all.

Well, in the recent war she stopped the Neji-esque Zetsu with the use of her strength but I get where you're going. She's a character with wasted potential but as it has been said in here, Kishi doesn't allow his female characters much dynamism (maybe except Konan).

Banana Knight Arthur
9th September 2011, 9:08 PM
I wouldn't be against Sakura becoming the Hokage if she changes her ways during this war. I really hope that she at least defeats someone important, otherwise she'll be as plain as ever. As for Shikamaru's dad: I don't really like him, so I wouldn't want him to be Hokage. It's interesting how Kishi has made it so that Naruto is the only real candidate for the Hokage position.

Nonononononononononono!!!

Sakura?

HoKage?

NOOOO!

When part 2 started, Sakura was upgraded powerwise, just as Naruto and Sasuke, but as part 2 progressed, her power seemingly stagnated, she does not have the progress Naru/Sasu have accomplished, I would be scared to live in Konohagakure no Sato, if Sakura was my president.

Platinum fan.
9th September 2011, 9:15 PM
I don't want to turn this into a bash Sakura fest but Sakura just wouldn't be a leader I would choose for a whole village. The fact that she still cares for Sasuke even now after he tried to kill her and is wondering who she would save, him or Naruto, a guy who has been loyal to her even before she liked him, is pretty scary and would cloud her better judgement. There are so many better candidates for the job then her. Still I'll be disappointed if Naruto isn't Hokage by the end of the series. Before the Darth Uchiha thing this was Naruto's main goal to become stronger so that he could be a ninja everyone looks up to. For him to be upstaged by someone like Sakura would be just plain pathetic.

Edit: But like the 4th KIRA said I hope she changes her ways because I really want to like Sakura again. Whenever Sasuke is not involved she is a pretty alright character.

Shneak
9th September 2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah, there's no way Sakura could be a good leader at this point. She would have to become stronger and be able to make very important decisions. If she can't even bring herself to kill Sasuke when the knife is at his back, then her emotions would easily take over. I guess this could be argued for Naruto too, but he certainly has the strength to make change.

miles0624
9th September 2011, 10:19 PM
Just to make clear, I in no way, want sakura to be hokage. It is just that, if Naruto and Sasuke fight, It would seem as if they both kill each other. And then Sakura would somehow become Hokage. After this happens, I would take all of my naruto manga, burn them, spam every naruto posting sight, roll up into a ball and cry.

Lorde
9th September 2011, 10:26 PM
Yeah, there's no way Sakura could be a good leader at this point. She would have to become stronger and be able to make very important decisions. If she can't even bring herself to kill Sasuke when the knife is at his back, then her emotions would easily take over. I guess this could be argued for Naruto too, but he certainly has the strength to make change.

I suppose. But I do like Sakura as a character, underneath it all. I like that she's loyal and dedicated to her work, and I wish that she had killed Sasuke, as it would've shown true conviction. But like all female characters, she's shown as being emotionally weak. I thought that maybe her physical strength would balance that out, but I don't think it's working. She still seems kind of mediocre on the outside.

Shneak
9th September 2011, 10:28 PM
I suppose. But I do like Sakura as a character, underneath it all. I like that she's loyal and dedicated to her work, and I wish that she had killed Sasuke, as it would've shown true conviction. But like all female characters, she's shown as being emotionally weak. I thought that maybe her physical strength would balance that out, but I don't think it's working. She still seems kind of mediocre on the outside.

I like her too. I thought she was going to become an important and strong character after she killed Sasori, but she kind of got dropped off. I hope there's some time left to develop her a bit.

Platinum fan.
9th September 2011, 10:33 PM
Overall I like Sakura, it's just her actions concerning Sasuke that make her unlikable for me at times. I understand she is in a tough spot because she loves Sasuke (I still don't know why) and she wants to be loyal to him but all the same this is what makes her not a good ninja. Ninja's aren't suppose to show emotion or let it get in the way of missions. Pretty much everyone in Konoha is like this. As harsh as it sounds the villains are all true ninjas, even Sasuke. The fact that he would kill his former friends in cold blood without even so much as a second thought makes him more of a ninja then Konoha.

Off topic, love the five fingers thing, 4th KIRA XD

TsukiMirage
9th September 2011, 10:42 PM
Sakura as Hokage? Well... probably be a better leader then Naruto. Heck, during Pain's Invasion, she was actually acting like a pretty good leader, giving commands and making decisions. If only we could erase everything that came afterward, then Sakura could still have all that development she gained since the time skip.

Platinum fan.
9th September 2011, 10:52 PM
Sakura as Hokage? Well... probably be a better leader then Naruto. Heck, during Pain's Invasion, she was actually acting like a pretty good leader, giving commands and making decisions. If only we could erase everything that came afterward, then Sakura could still have all that development she gained since the time skip.

Any main character fits the bill there. Main characters in part 2 always give orders to the fodder ninjas of battle. Shikamaru would be a perfect choice for Hokage by that logic, well to be truthful among all the young ninjas he really would be a great candidate. He is a pretty good leader. Not the best physically but leadership wise of all Naruto's friends Shikamaru ranks up there.

Fissurous
10th September 2011, 12:50 AM
Just to make clear, I in no way, want sakura to be hokage. It is just that, if Naruto and Sasuke fight, It would seem as if they both kill each other. And then Sakura would somehow become Hokage. After this happens, I would take all of my naruto manga, burn them, spam every naruto posting sight, roll up into a ball and cry.
Eh. I honestly don't think that Naruto and Sasuke will fight. I don't why, just a hunch.
If they do, and they kill each other, they'd probably get resurrected or something.

..Sakura as Hokage? *shivers*

TsukiMirage
10th September 2011, 5:08 AM
Any main character fits the bill there. Main characters in part 2 always give orders to the fodder ninjas of battle. Shikamaru would be a perfect choice for Hokage by that logic, well to be truthful among all the young ninjas he really would be a great candidate. He is a pretty good leader. Not the best physically but leadership wise of all Naruto's friends Shikamaru ranks up there. True, Shikamaru would be the most logical choice if it weren't for his lazy personality. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Shikamaru grow more into a leader during the war.

Lorde
10th September 2011, 5:39 AM
Any main character fits the bill there. Main characters in part 2 always give orders to the fodder ninjas of battle. Shikamaru would be a perfect choice for Hokage by that logic, well to be truthful among all the young ninjas he really would be a great candidate. He is a pretty good leader. Not the best physically but leadership wise of all Naruto's friends Shikamaru ranks up there.

I've thought of the possibility of Shikamaru being Hokage before, but I don't think he has the heart for the job. This is something that he shares with Kakashi; they just don't seem to be dedicated people. I think that Konohamaru would make a great Hokage, though. He's very dedicated to the village, and he's already learned some pretty tough jutsu. I'm sure he won't be considered for the job right away since he's still young, but I definitely see him becoming Hokage after Naruto.

JetshipperKekkaishi
10th September 2011, 6:03 AM
Shikamaru as Hokage isn't a bad idea. I mean he does have the brains for Hokage. Even Asuma admit that he would do a great job as Hokage. I mean he always thinks like three or four steps ahead of his enemy. He would be a leader. His lazy personality is making me be unsure. As much as I love Sakura I wouldn't have Sakura as Hokage. She has gone on what Naruto and Sasuke has achieved. Sakura might be a good leader to be Hokage but I highly doubt that she might if Naruto and Sasuke kill each other.

7 tyranitars
10th September 2011, 12:48 PM
If Sakura becomes Hokage it will be an anticlimax. :/ Naruto for Hokage!

Lorde
10th September 2011, 7:36 PM
If Sakura becomes Hokage it will be an anticlimax. :/ Naruto for Hokage!

But if Naruto ends up dying at the end of the series, Konoha will be forced to choose someone else for the position of Hokage when Tsunade dies/retires. There are only a few ninja who are qualified for the job, and I think that Sakura could be one of them. The other candidates are Kakashi, Shikamaru, and Konohamaru, but we've already come up with reasons why they shouldn't be picked.

There's really only one other candidate that I would love to see as Hokage: Itachi.

Platinum fan.
10th September 2011, 10:00 PM
Sakura isn't one of the candidates I would choose. Her only noteworthy ability is her strength which can easily be countered by a powerful fighter. Since we don't see the others much in the manga it's kinda hard to count them. Personally I always thought Neji, Lee, Shino, Hinata, and even Ino have better jutsu and talents then Sakura in the few chapters they appear in. I could see Sakura leading her own squad but as Hokage, what could she actually do besides punch things?

7 tyranitars
10th September 2011, 11:15 PM
But if Naruto ends up dying at the end of the series, Konoha will be forced to choose someone else for the position of Hokage when Tsunade dies/retires. There are only a few ninja who are qualified for the job, and I think that Sakura could be one of them. The other candidates are Kakashi, Shikamaru, and Konohamaru, but we've already come up with reasons why they shouldn't be picked.

There's really only one other candidate that I would love to see as Hokage: Itachi.

I suppose your right.. I hope he doesn't die tho. :P

Now Itachi for Hokage that could be interesting, but I don't see that happen because of the whole uchiha masacre thing.

Shneak
10th September 2011, 11:32 PM
Itachi won't survive past the war.

Lorde
11th September 2011, 12:29 AM
Now Itachi for Hokage that could be interesting, but I don't see that happen because of the whole uchiha masacre thing.

There are several characters who know the truth about what happened. So it's possible that the villagers could forgive Itachi if they knew exactly why he killed his fellow clan members. I don't know if Itachi will even survive the war, but I think it's possible. It would be too sad if he died a second time. :(

Zark
11th September 2011, 1:39 AM
I hope Itachi stays.

Fissurous
11th September 2011, 2:54 AM
So do I. But the chances of him staying are slim. =/

Tori Tulip
11th September 2011, 2:55 AM
can I JOIN????????????????

TsukiMirage
11th September 2011, 8:42 AM
Can't see Itachi sticking around for much longer, but if he does, it'll probably be as a lone ninja traveling the world and protecting Konoha from afar. Depends on what happens with Sasuke.

SharpedoX
11th September 2011, 5:44 PM
Unless some very unlikely event happens, Itachi won't survive. He was sure to stop Edo Tensei and despite being free from Kabuto's control, he too would disappear when the technique was undone, right? Even Kabuto mentioned so when explaining the basis of the jutsu to Madara . Will probably resist until Killer Bee is (eventually) captured and before Naruto fights off Sasuke after he gives some lecture to his younger brother that would probably shed some light on his actions.

Lorde
11th September 2011, 9:44 PM
I'm not too familiar with how the Edo Tensei technique works, but I hope that Itachi survives somehow. He may be the only character that Sasuke will listen to, so I hope that Kishi keeps Itachi around for a long time. If any characters need to die, it's the ones that are alive without purpose. There are just so many characters who no longer serve any purpose in the story, and I don't quite understand why half of them are still alive.

Platinum fan.
12th September 2011, 1:30 AM
I'm not too familiar with how the Edo Tensei technique works, but I hope that Itachi survives somehow. He may be the only character that Sasuke will listen to, so I hope that Kishi keeps Itachi around for a long time. If any characters need to die, it's the ones that are alive without purpose. There are just so many characters who no longer serve any purpose in the story, and I don't quite understand why half of them are still alive.

Agreed. There are to many characters who no longer serve a purpose that I actually wished they had died during the war to show some emotion from their friends and really motivate the plot of this war. As for Itachi, who knows if he'll live or not, I do hope he lives to confront Sasuke, I mean who better then to sway him but we'll see.

Shneak
12th September 2011, 1:57 AM

I think Kabuto is the ultimate controller of the jutsu, so he can dispel it whenever he wants. I don't see Itachi surviving without hax.

TsukiMirage
12th September 2011, 5:00 AM
If Kabuto could dispel Itachi, he likely would have done so by now instead of allowing Itachi to stick around and interfere with his collection of Naruto and Shisui's eye. So as far as we know, Kabuto can't cancel the summoning of Itachi and according to what he told Madara, that's the only way to actually stop Edo Tensei. The only option left appears to be sealing Itachi or him finding peace and willing releasing himself.

barak446
12th September 2011, 12:41 PM
Naruto rock!

7 tyranitars
12th September 2011, 9:57 PM
I hope itachi stays arround too, guese there is only one way to find out. :o

Shneak
12th September 2011, 10:02 PM
If Kabuto could dispel Itachi, he likely would have done so by now instead of allowing Itachi to stick around and interfere with his collection of Naruto and Shisui's eye. So as far as we know, Kabuto can't cancel the summoning of Itachi and according to what he told Madara, that's the only way to actually stop Edo Tensei. The only option left appears to be sealing Itachi or him finding peace and willing releasing himself.

No, I don't think Kabuto can target an individual to dispel. He either dispels the entire jutsu and everyone being controlled, or he continues to use it. That's what I'm assuming.

Lorde
12th September 2011, 11:48 PM
The way I see it, Itachi is outside the Edo Tensei's control because of Shisui's Kotoamatsukami. So it's not unreasonable to believe that he may survive when the jutsu is cancelled out. I'm not sure if Itachi can be sealed away or not, and I can't see Kabuto trying to seal him away anyway, as he still needs to concentrate on using the Edo Tensei technique. I just don't know if Kabuto could fight Itachi while still controlling so many ninja at once.

Shneak
13th September 2011, 1:55 AM
I think Itachi used Shisui's Kotoamatsukami to escape Kabuto's manipulation of his body, but he is still being kept 'alive' by Kabuto.

I don't think Kabuto will be able to fight yet either. I think that will come later where he will have to choose to fight or control Edo Tensei. No doubt he has some more tricks up his sleeve.

peacemaker987
13th September 2011, 2:18 AM
It would be just poor writing if Itachi were to die right away, it really ruins his character. It said that he cancelled out Edo, so the fact that he didn't die from neutralizing the technique means that Kabuto no longer has control over him. He wouldn't have let Itachi take out Nagato, and Shisui's eyes.

They probably won't focus on Itachi much anyways.

TsukiMirage
13th September 2011, 7:14 AM
No, I don't think Kabuto can target an individual to dispel. He either dispels the entire jutsu and everyone being controlled, or he continues to use it. That's what I'm assuming. When Madara attacked Darui's squad, the Edo summons being held by them were dispel without it seemingly affecting the other Edo summons walking around. So Kabuto should be able to cancel a single one without undoing the whole technique if he wanted too.

TsukiMirage
13th September 2011, 1:12 PM
Source: 2ch/NF
Credits: ohana/vered
嘘つき!
ひなたなんて出てこないじゃん!
This part is not spoiler...she calls someone a liar for telling her Hinata appears in the chapter

前ライカゲ、仙人ナルトにやられて成仏。
Raikage is defeated by Sage Naruto, and then sealed(ohana doesn't imply that Naruto is sealing, so no fangasm please)
前水vsガアラ
Gaara vs Jellyfish(I guess Mizukage's clam)

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

More from ohana+trans

びじゅう玉は失敗
Bijuudama failed
8尾に連絡取って
胸の傷は、どう付けたのか聞く。
We hear the tale of how Raikage got the chest injury.
8尾は、よく覚えてないけど前のめりで倒れた。と返事。
**The 8tails doesn't really remember the details, just that it got defeated(I guess the 8tails is telling us the story)
ナルト、仙人になって螺旋丸準備
Naruto turns into Sennin Mode and prepares Rasengan
ぎりぎりまで近くにより、前ライカゲの腕に螺旋丸を当てる
He gets in very close and manages to hit Raikage's arm
ライカゲ、倒れて
自分の右手で自分の胸を傷つける。
Raikage defeated, stabs/injures himself, his own chest with his right hand.
前回の
8尾と戦ったことは己の恥とは
自爆したから、(自分で自分にとどめをさしたから)誰にも言えなかったてこと。
Raikage tells us that the previous fight with the 8tails is his shame, and because he committed suicide nobody was told about it.
(I think he tells us that the chest wound was caused by himself, when he stabbed himself and died)
**I'm not sure about the 8tails part Yes, the return of Sage Mode.

7 tyranitars
13th September 2011, 2:50 PM
Spoilers are early this week. Seems interesting.

barak446
13th September 2011, 2:54 PM
Want too see new epasoide!!

uber gon
13th September 2011, 8:51 PM
So Naruto actually thought something out for once? BLASPHEMY!

Shneak
13th September 2011, 10:33 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/31829130/1

It's out.

Shneak
13th September 2011, 10:41 PM
Not bad compared to the last few weeks. We actually got to see another ninja be smart and useful. I'm still griping that Naruto took down this Kage, but the strategy was actually intelligent.

And I love the foreshadowing. Naruto randomly says he thinks Gaara has the best defense while he's losing to the Mizukage.

uber gon
13th September 2011, 11:01 PM
How the hell does Lava make rubber? Is it actual rubber, or just some weird phrase?

JD
13th September 2011, 11:20 PM
How the hell does Lava make rubber? Is it actual rubber, or just some weird phrase?

I was wonderingthe same thing so Naruto beat the Raikage as expected, so the next chapter will focus on the Mizukage

LexSuicune
13th September 2011, 11:55 PM
I can't wait to see the Nidaime Mizukage in action, his personality is brilliant, and he's bound to be a beast considering he's the man that took down Muu.

lolipiece
14th September 2011, 12:05 AM
Oh look, ANOTHER reason to make us wonder why everyone else in this manga even exists.

Now you're just doing it on purpose, Naruto.

Oh, the Sage Mode. I remember when that was important.

Lorde
14th September 2011, 12:10 AM
I disliked this week's chapter to be honest. It was rushed as usual, but the fact that Naruto injured the Raikage with a normal Rasengan was just really anticlimactic. I'm glad that the Raikage has been sealed away, but I was expecting things to be a little more interesting. Well, at least Naruto failed the Bijuu Ball: now he can master it while he's fighting against Sasuke, which would be a lot more interesting in my opinion.

LexSuicune
14th September 2011, 12:14 AM
I wonder if we're ever gonna see Shino have a full one on one battle in this manga, my hope still lies in this war, I'd love for him to take down someone Powerful, like Zetsu and die in a blaze of glory with a badass technique, like a Mushidama XD or a Mushihame-hame-HA

multi-scale
14th September 2011, 1:34 AM
I liked this chapter, Naruto actually shows some intuition. And the 2nd Mizukage being amazing, as usual.

JetshipperKekkaishi
14th September 2011, 2:01 AM
This chapter was ok but it was weird to see Naruto actually injured the Raikage with one regular Rasengan and winning the battle while at the beginning Naruto couldn't do anything to him at the start. Now Naruto thought of Gaara when he thinks of the strongest defense. And he is losing to the Mizukage. I was happy to see Sage Mode again. And Naruto failing the Bijuu Ball was good then it can be saved up for Sasuke.

TsukiMirage
14th September 2011, 2:33 AM
I disliked this week's chapter to be honest. It was rushed as usual, but the fact that Naruto injured the Raikage with a normal Rasengan was just really anticlimactic. But Naruto didn't injure the Raikage with his Rasengan. That was the whole point, that the Raikage could only be injured by his own attack. Naruto simply used his Rasengan to push the Raikage's arm towards himself.

Anyway, Completely glad that Naruto didn't master the Bijuu Ball yet. That's a move that should be used against his final opponents, not some random enemy. It was nice to see more "rubber" Lava techniques, though now I sort of want to see some "lava" Lava techniques. It seems that this Naruto wasn't a clone as thought, but the real Naruto who had run ahead. Anyway, the Sandaime Raikage becomes even more awesome, seeing as he was able to take all eight of the Hachibi's tails off with a single technique. Naruto was a boss for figuring out the Raikage had injured himself and finally returning to Sage Mode. After seeing it this chapter, I can definitely say that I prefer Sage Mode to his Rikudou Mode. especially since it appears that the speed difference may not be as great as one would think. Naruto figuring out how the Raikage was injured and then recreating it in his plan of stabbing the Raikage with his own attack was surprisingly brilliant. And it completely fits with why the Raikage felt shame for that wound. Though I have to disagree with Naruto's conclusion of who has the strongest shield, as that's would clearly be Itachi, in both instances of the word. And for the look of things, the Nidaime Mizukage seems to be giving Gaara a hard time. Gonna be nice to see the rest of the Mizukage's abilities. Excellent chapter.

Crimsonlink
14th September 2011, 2:58 AM
The fight was good but I feel Raikage's character was kinda ruined by this chapter. I find it funny that Sage mode ended up winning the battle. Though it was weird that Naruto can move and use Sage chakra at the same time without a KB giving him some stored up Sage chakra.

Overall a decent chapter and Gaara's battle should be even better.

Lorde
14th September 2011, 3:11 AM
But Naruto didn't injure the Raikage with his Rasengan. That was the whole point, that the Raikage could only be injured by his own attack. Naruto simply used his Rasengan to push the Raikage's arm towards himself.

Really? I guess I didn't understand the whole point of Naruto's Rasengan. These recent chapters have been very confusing. I'm surprised that Naruto thought of such a good plan, though. He usually isn't very smart, so I'm surprised that he was able to figure out the Raikage's weakness. Still, I can't say that I liked this chapter. It just felt really anticlimactic.

Shneak
14th September 2011, 3:55 AM
Forgot to mention that I'm glad the Bijuu Ball didn't work too. Then it would have been really anticlimactic.

peacemaker987
14th September 2011, 5:42 AM
I don't really care if it's rushed, the recent chapters still have positive connotation for Naruto, so letting Kabuto drag things on would've been worse. And it's bringing back Naruto using strategy > power because otherwise he'd be the same as Sasuke.

Crimsonlink
14th September 2011, 5:59 AM
I don't really care if it's rushed, the recent chapters still have positive connotation for Naruto, so letting Kabuto drag things on would've been worse. And it's bringing back Naruto using strategy > power because otherwise he'd be the same as Sasuke.

Its the other way around buddy. Sasuke uses strategy over power. In fact Naruto tried to overpower the 3rd Raikage but it failed with his bijuudama.

SharpedoX
14th September 2011, 5:38 PM
Its the other way around buddy. Sasuke uses strategy over power. In fact Naruto tried to overpower the 3rd Raikage but it failed with his bijuudama.

Sasuke uses a good mix of both whereas Naruto doesn't, relying on the Rikudou Mode sweeping the battlefield.

It's about time we get a change of pace.

barak446
14th September 2011, 6:22 PM
naruto Is little fat...

Mark1006
14th September 2011, 7:37 PM
I liked the fact he won with a normal rasengan and some cunning.The last say, 30 chapters it's been him with his fancy new rasengans and nine tails tricks.His tactics also show he's not so much of a thick **** anymore.

arceus7
14th September 2011, 8:00 PM
he was conserving chakra I guess

Lorde
14th September 2011, 10:14 PM
I'm just surprised that Naruto went into Sage Mode. I thought he wouldn't use that until he fought Sasuke, but I guess he had no choice since he was running low on Kyuubi chakra. I'm also a little disappointed that the Lava Release/rubber jutsu guy got more development during this fight than Temari; what's up with that?

TsukiMirage
15th September 2011, 12:08 AM
Really? I guess I didn't understand the whole point of Naruto's Rasengan. These recent chapters have been very confusing. I'm surprised that Naruto thought of such a good plan, though. He usually isn't very smart, so I'm surprised that he was able to figure out the Raikage's weakness. Still, I can't say that I liked this chapter. It just felt really anticlimactic. ...Yeah, I didn't fully understand the reasoning behind him having to use a Rasengan. I'm assuming he used it to put the Raikage off his real plan. Naruto seems capable of more tactical thinking when he's using Sage Mode.

SharpedoX
15th September 2011, 2:15 AM
I'm just surprised that Naruto went into Sage Mode. I thought he wouldn't use that until he fought Sasuke, but I guess he had no choice since he was running low on Kyuubi chakra. I'm also a little disappointed that the Lava Release/rubber jutsu guy got more development during this fight than Temari; what's up with that?

Now that you say it, I noticed. Really? Really?! The one place where she may get some little character development. Once again, female characters are eclipsed for no apparent reason. Way to go...

And another scene of someone taking a leak. Just what we need because there's nothing better to give :P

Platinum fan.
15th September 2011, 2:47 AM
The chapter was overall okay, nothing special. The old Raikage proved to be one of the stronger opponents in the whole series of Naruto. I really liked that Sage Mode was used again. I was almost afraid it would be left out now, but good to see it back. The battle itself could have been better but I really like how Naruto figured out how to stop the 3rd Raikage and that his own move gave him his scar. And upon seeing it more clearly it does indeed remind me of Harry Potter's scar now, only on the chest.

Lorde
15th September 2011, 8:08 AM
Now that you say it, I noticed. Really? Really?! The one place where she may get some little character development. Once again, female characters are eclipsed for no apparent reason. Way to go...

And another scene of someone taking a leak. Just what we need because there's nothing better to give :P

Yeah, it sucked that Temari didn't get any real development here. I thought she'd at least help Naruto figure out the third Raikage's weakness, but Naruto discovered that with some help from that Cloud ninja and the Hachibi. I just think it's sad that the minor female characters are being ignored, moreso than usual.

And I'm not too surprised at that scene: Kishi thinks that kind of thing is funny, and he's been known to include stuff like that for comedic purposes.

barak446
15th September 2011, 1:41 PM
natruto is little fat..

Banana Knight Arthur
15th September 2011, 10:01 PM
he was conserving chakra I guess

Why he needs to conserve anything baffles me…..

Way back when in the beginning, they made the Kyuubi chakra out to be for all intents and purposes limitless, as it was the strongest Bijuu.

Shneak
15th September 2011, 11:32 PM

Be glad we didn't have to see it. Unlike the raccoon junk.

Lorde
16th September 2011, 12:52 AM

Way back when in the beginning, they made the Kyuubi chakra out to be for all intents and purposes limitless, as it was the strongest Bijuu.

I'm also very confused about the Bijuu now. At first, Kishi made the Bijuu seem really powerful, but we've recently learned that certain ninja have been able to match the power of the Bijuu. It's just really frustrating because they seemed so awesome at first, and now they seem like normal monsters that can be beaten easily.

Banana Knight Arthur
16th September 2011, 1:01 AM
I'm also very confused about the Bijuu now. At first, Kishi made the Bijuu seem really powerful, but we've recently learned that certain ninja have been able to match the power of the Bijuu. It's just really frustrating because they seemed so awesome at first, and now they seem like normal monsters that can be beaten easily.

The Bijuu have been downgraded from Godly status to legendary-pokemon level status, for realz.

TsukiMirage
16th September 2011, 1:18 AM

Way back when in the beginning, they made the Kyuubi chakra out to be for all intents and purposes limitless, as it was the strongest Bijuu. I think it was more of a fan assumption that the Kyuubi's chakra was limitless. That was never actually claim within the series itself.

Anyway, it's good that Naruto's finally thinking about conserving chakra, considering he must have already wasted a massive amount since he was warned by the Hachibi.

Banana Knight Arthur
16th September 2011, 2:45 AM
I think it was more of a fan assumption that the Kyuubi's chakra was limitless. That was never actually claim within the series itself.

Anyway, it's good that Naruto's finally thinking about conserving chakra, considering he must have already wasted a massive amount since he was warned by the Hachibi.

Plot-armor will negate any such wasting of chakra, when he faces the big bad, be it Tobi Uchiha or Sasuke, or Kabutomaru, it will be like he began the fight with 100% reserves/

-Raiga-
16th September 2011, 5:39 AM
Do people really still have to call him "tobi"?

I'd think it'd be more difficult to call someone by a name they haven't been called for a 100 chapters, but go figure.

Crimsonlink
16th September 2011, 7:02 AM
I remember banging my head on my wall when Naruto was tired from launching a Big Rasengan during the fight against the Itachi clone during the rescue Gaara arc.

Naruto used a few clones and 2 Rasengans. How the hell does he get tired from that? smh

Banana Knight Arthur
16th September 2011, 7:21 AM
Do people really still have to call him "tobi"?

I'd think it'd be more difficult to call someone by a name they haven't been called for a 100 chapters, but go figure.

But Madara is such an ugly name, and Tobi is awesomesauce name.

I remember banging my head on my wall when Naruto was tired from launching a Big Rasengan during the fight against the Itachi clone during the rescue Gaara arc.

Naruto used a few clones and 2 Rasengans. How the hell does he get tired from that? smh

Better chakra control???

Crimsonlink
16th September 2011, 7:24 AM
Better chakra control???

lol wut? If Naruto had better chakra control then he would be as tired or waste as much chakra although that shouldn't be a concern for him really.

Platinum fan.
16th September 2011, 4:00 PM

I remember that too. I thought you would at least need a powerful summon animal like Gamabunta to help. Turn's out a lot of guys stood their ground against the Bijuu like those brothers from Raikage's village who even have copy chakra of him and can transform, The 3rd Raikage. Suddenly the Bijuu as someone so accurately put it, have downgraded to legendary Pokemon status. They are not the invincible monsters I thought they were made out to be in Part 1.

Banana Knight Arthur
16th September 2011, 8:53 PM
lol wut? If Naruto had better chakra control then he would be as tired or waste as much chakra although that shouldn't be a concern for him really.

Well his chakra control is definetely better than part 1 Naruto was.

To some extent at least.

Shneak
16th September 2011, 10:10 PM
Well, very few people have fought the Bijuu and survived. Most of them did it so they could seal them. Their powers are still extraordinary.

Lorde
17th September 2011, 12:27 AM
Well, very few people have fought the Bijuu and survived. Most of them did it so they could seal them. Their powers are still extraordinary.

The fact that Kinkaku and Ginkaku were able to survive inside the Kyuubi's stomach makes the Bijuu seem weaker than they were made out to be at first. I understand that they were distantly related to the Sage of the Six Paths, but the key word here is distantly. I just can't believe that they were able to survive inside a Bijuu for two weeks solely because of their connection to the Sage of the Six Paths; they must've been pretty powerful on their own to have survived that long.

TsukiMirage
17th September 2011, 1:59 AM
Plot-armor will negate any such wasting of chakra, when he faces the big bad, be it Tobi Uchiha or Sasuke, or Kabutomaru, it will be like he began the fight with 100% reserves/ Plot-armor will simply keep him alive. Naruto running low on chakra and being at a disadvantage is a common thing in his fights, especially if he was to fight against Sasuke.

Banana Knight Arthur
17th September 2011, 3:01 AM
Plot-armor will simply keep him alive. Naruto running low on chakra and being at a disadvantage is a common thing in his fights, especially if he was to fight against Sasuke.

Well yeah, my point being he may be in danger, but will not be in any lasting danger or danger leading to permanent death or anything.

peacemaker987
17th September 2011, 5:18 AM
Well then again, we know that tailed beasts that haven't gone with a host for too long will become stupid, and apparently easy to beat... BTW, I've always wondered what will happen with the Nine-tail's Yin chalkra, does it get revived? Or will it be used as some sort of a next step for Naruto?

Shneak
17th September 2011, 6:20 AM
The fact that Kinkaku and Ginkaku were able to survive inside the Kyuubi's stomach makes the Bijuu seem weaker than they were made out to be at first. I understand that they were distantly related to the Sage of the Six Paths, but the key word here is distantly. I just can't believe that they were able to survive inside a Bijuu for two weeks solely because of their connection to the Sage of the Six Paths; they must've been pretty powerful on their own to have survived that long.

This is when I fail to understand what Kishi was thinking. It's so weird to think of two guys living inside the stomach of a giant demonic animal. Gin and Kin were crappy characters, imo.

-Raiga-
17th September 2011, 7:28 PM
Gin and Kin were crappy characters, imo.

So basically you'd rather they had 5 chapters dedicated to them to make them good, only to have you and others complaining about how they are spending too much time on them?

Thats the problem with this arc. Everybody will find something to complain about.

Crimsonlink
17th September 2011, 8:06 PM
So basically you'd rather they had 5 chapters dedicated to them to make them good, only to have you and others complaining about how they are spending too much time on them?

Thats the problem with this arc. Everybody will find something to complain about.

No Kinkaku and Ginkaku were truly horrible characters to introduce. You are right that people will always have something to complain about. But in this case I'm sure the majority of fans except the ones that are devoted Narutards will agree that the 2 brothers were crappy characters.

Also you know that Kinkaku and Ginkaku have the Kyuubi's Yin and Yang chakra inside them, 6 ****ing tails worth as seen form a 6 tailed Kinkaku. (Or was it Ginkaku)

Apparently being inside Kyuubi's stomach for a week and eating its flesh lets you get 2/3ds of its power. >.<

7 tyranitars
17th September 2011, 8:13 PM
No Kinkaku and Ginkaku were truly horrible characters to introduce. You are right that people will always have something to complain about. But in this case I'm sure the majority of fans except the ones that are devoted Narutards will agree that the 2 brothers were crappy characters.

Also you know that Kinkaku and Ginkaku have the Kyuubi's Yin and Yang chakra inside them, 6 ****ing tails worth as seen form a 6 tailed Kinkaku. (Or was it Ginkaku)

Apparently being inside Kyuubi's stomach for a week and eating its flesh lets you get 2/3ds of its power. >.<

Those 2 sucked where basicly clones of the filler arc guy, but got their power in a different way :/

Lorde
17th September 2011, 11:11 PM
I don't understand how anyone could defend Kinkaku and Ginkaku: They really were terrible characters. But at least they're gone now. I'm sure that Madara will use their Kyuubi chakra as part of his plan (why else would he steal the sealing pot?) but I doubt that Kinkaku and Ginkaku will appear again. *Sigh* If only we could get rid of all the other unnecessary characters as easily as we got rid of Kinkaku and Ginkaku.

Banana Knight Arthur
17th September 2011, 11:50 PM
I don't understand how anyone could defend Kinkaku and Ginkaku: They really were terrible characters. But at least they're gone now. I'm sure that Madara will use their Kyuubi chakra as part of his plan (why else would he steal the sealing pot?) but I doubt that Kinkaku and Ginkaku will appear again. *Sigh* If only we could get rid of all the other unnecessary characters as easily as we got rid of Kinkaku and Ginkaku.

They were horrible characters, least favorite of mine for sure.

I did enjoy the artifacts/relics of the Rikudo sennin they helped introduce….

Crimsonlink
18th September 2011, 12:36 AM
The artifacts were cool but unless Naruto gets some of them to use then there is no point in showing them really. Plus Madara just took all of them with the sealing jar I believe. Darui's team should be half dead since we last saw them fight the demon statue.

LexSuicune
18th September 2011, 12:40 AM
They really need to go back to Kakashi and his fight against the swordsmen from Kirikagure, how many chapters ago did they drop that? Or they finished it and I didn't notice? lol

Lorde
18th September 2011, 12:44 AM
They really need to go back to Kakashi and his fight against the swordsmen from Kirikagure, how many chapters ago did they drop that? Or they finished it and I didn't notice? lol

The last time that we saw Kakashi was during the end of the first day of battle I believe. I'm sure the battle is still ongoing, but we probably won't get to see the conclusion until Gaara's battle with the Mizukage finishes. Even then, Kishi might switch gears to another fight; if I remember correctly, Chiyo and Kimimaro are still out there, so maybe they'll be the focus of the next fight.

-Raiga-
18th September 2011, 12:44 AM
Well, I for one liked PARTS of kin and gin. Mainly in the sense that it did bring back some of the unexplainable and wacky parts of series, back when it was better in most peoples opinion.

Now everything has to be explainable, somebody's power must be comparable to so-and-so, and this person must get ample amount of developement. Its annoying.

LexSuicune
18th September 2011, 12:54 AM
The only part about the twins fight I liked was watching TenTen owning with that fan.

XD.

PS: What is Hinata doing?

TsukiMirage
18th September 2011, 2:57 AM
The only good thing about the Kingaku/Ginkaku fight was that we got some more history and saw another secondary cloak transformation. Like many of the Edo sights, it could have been done better without needing to take up more space.

Shneak
18th September 2011, 4:51 AM
The only good thing about the Gin/Kin fight was that the fight was decent enough to stretch over 'many' chapters. But the characters fighting were pretty bad choices. And Gin and Kin seemed stupidly tacked on just so Naruto could sense danger through the Kyuubi's chakra.

multi-scale
18th September 2011, 5:46 AM
I thought the entire purpose of Ginkaku and Kinkaku was
a) show Darui is more badass than evenryone thought
b) so Madara could get some 9 tails chakra
c) so Naruto could use his new sensing ability and find out what was going on.
They were actually useful to the plot, but their characters were not that great IMO.

TsukiMirage
18th September 2011, 7:06 PM
A) The only problem was that Darui only survived due to the random luck of his word being changed in that instant. It becomes even more annoying because it was never actually explained what was required in order to be sucked into the Gourd.
B) A lame way to allow Naruto to keep the Kyuubi, especially since if Madara was in such a rush, he should have grabbed them before the actual battle.
C) Another reason could have been made to force Naruto to make use of his sensing ability, like taking the initiative on his own to figure things out.