PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105

Lorde
18th September 2011, 7:40 PM
I really hope that the Kyuubi gets taken from Naruto. At first I was sure that it would happen, but ever since Madara took away the sealing pot containing the Kyuubi's chakra, I've been having doubts. I think it would be great if the Kyuubi was taken away, as it would make things a lot more dramatic towards the end of the series. And it's not like Naruto would stay dead after the extraction: You can bet that he'd be revived somehow.

SharpedoX
19th September 2011, 1:14 AM
I really hope that the Kyuubi gets taken from Naruto. At first I was sure that it would happen, but ever since Madara took away the sealing pot containing the Kyuubi's chakra, I've been having doubts. I think it would be great if the Kyuubi was taken away, as it would make things a lot more dramatic towards the end of the series. And it's not like Naruto would stay dead after the extraction: You can bet that he'd be revived somehow.

Or if not, survive like Kushina and do something to slow down or stop his eventual death. Am really forward to seeing that. The Alliance is pretty much winning this war and there's not much of a threat save Madara itself.

Banana Knight Arthur
19th September 2011, 5:28 PM
Or if not, survive like Kushina and do something to slow down or stop his eventual death. Am really forward to seeing that. The Alliance is pretty much winning this war and there's not much of a threat save Madara itself.

That's a bad omen.

If he survives with a limited lifespan left, then it will herald the end of the series soon after. I'm not ready to lose Naruto!!!

multi-scale
19th September 2011, 10:43 PM
If Naruto loses Jyuubi, he loses most of his powers and a huge amount of chakra. He won't be too useful.

Lorde
19th September 2011, 11:15 PM

Well if Sasuke doesn't die, he could still be a threat. That all depends on whether or not Naruto manages to talk some sense into him. I'm still not sure if he'll be successful, so I'm going to assume that Sasuke will still be a threat even after his battle with Naruto. I'm sure Kabuto will be killed soon either by Sasuke or by Itachi, so I'm not too worried about him. At least Madara will finally get some time to himself once Kabuto's gone, unless Kishi plays favorites with Sasuke again. :c

Banana Knight Arthur
19th September 2011, 11:21 PM
If Naruto loses Jyuubi, he loses most of his powers and a huge amount of chakra. He won't be too useful.

Naruto without the Kyuubi is a useless man.

Sasuke at least has his mangekyo and chakra pool expanded by his intensive training and what not, Naruto's chakra minus the kyuubi must be horribly lacking, as he has always heavily relied on it.

-Raiga-
20th September 2011, 4:17 AM
Naruto without the Kyuubi is a useless man.

Sasuke at least has his mangekyo and chakra pool expanded by his intensive training and what not, Naruto's chakra minus the kyuubi must be horribly lacking, as he has always heavily relied on it.

Still would have sage mode, and didn't jiraiya say naruto already had a large amount of chakra?(although I might be making up things).

Either way, if the famed naruto and sasuke fight does happen, I'd love if kishimoto played up sasuke simply being smarter and a better ninja then naruto, like in the start of the series.

I'm all for advancement of people, but its nice when they adress things of the past, and its not like naruto has become very smart or anything.

TsukiMirage
20th September 2011, 4:39 AM
If Naruto loses Jyuubi, he loses most of his powers and a huge amount of chakra. He won't be too useful. Naruto would be far from useless. The only thing the Kyuubi is currently giving him is enhanced speed and an extra source of chakra. Without it, Naruto would still have enough chakra to make thousand of clones, Sage Mode, sensoring ability, and his collection of Rasengans. If anything, the lost of the Kyuubi would bring Naruto back down to a more balance level, instead of elevating him into godmode.

Banana Knight Arthur
20th September 2011, 5:06 AM
Still would have sage mode, and didn't jiraiya say naruto already had a large amount of chakra?(although I might be making up things).

Either way, if the famed naruto and sasuke fight does happen, I'd love if kishimoto played up sasuke simply being smarter and a better ninja then naruto, like in the start of the series.

I'm all for advancement of people, but its nice when they adress things of the past, and its not like naruto has become very smart or anything.

Well Naruto has gotten smart>er than before.

Look at his genius in taking down the 3rd? raikage.

Lorde
20th September 2011, 6:17 AM
I'm sure that Naruto would still be really powerful even without the Kyuubi. He has a lot of chakra and can make tons of Shadow Clones, which is useful. Then he has Sage Mode, which was strong enough to defeat several Pains. He also has the Rasenshuriken, and I'm sure he'll be able to use more Rasengan variations once he discovers his second element. The only thing that I don't like about Naruto is that he's often a little too slow for his own good. He does well in battles, but he doesn't do so well with training unless someone is there to explain everything to him (and even then, it often takes him a while to understand what he has to do).

Banana Knight Arthur
20th September 2011, 4:59 PM
I'd honestly prefer to see Sasuke win.

If Naruto wins, the manga will end soon thereafter, there is nowhere to go after Sasuke/Tobi are dealt with, as they are the big bad.

Dawn+Serena Fan
20th September 2011, 6:33 PM
I somehow think that when Naruto and Sasuke finally fight, Sasuke will somehow become a good guy again even though that looks unlikely as of right now lol.

uber gon
20th September 2011, 8:11 PM
I somehow think that when Naruto and Sasuke finally fight, Sasuke will somehow become a good guy again even though that looks unlikely as of right now lol.

Maybe Naruto hits him with Rainbow-Love-Wind-Planet Rasengan. Taste the rainbow *************!

TsukiMirage
20th September 2011, 8:44 PM
Well, last time they met, Naruto got through a little to Sasuke. And considering the complete 360 that Nagato did from Naruto doing nothing but making empty promises, I'm not seeing much of a problem with Sasuke.

Lorde
20th September 2011, 9:18 PM
I'd honestly prefer to see Sasuke win.

If Naruto wins, the manga will end soon thereafter, there is nowhere to go after Sasuke/Tobi are dealt with, as they are the big bad.

I don't have a problem with the manga ending. I think it's had a great run, and I think that it should end once Madara is defeated. Of course, Kishi could keep going even after Madara is defeated, but I think the manga would lose some of its charm if that were the case. I do wonder what the next villain would be like if Kishi decided to start Part 3: Maybe Kabuto would survive the war, and he'd turn into the main antagonist.

JetshipperKekkaishi
20th September 2011, 9:49 PM
I don't have a problem with the manga ending. I think it's had a great run, and I think that it should end once Madara is defeated. Of course, Kishi could keep going even after Madara is defeated, but I think the manga would lose some of its charm if that were the case. I do wonder what the next villain would be like if Kishi decided to start Part 3: Maybe Kabuto would survive the war, and
he'd turn into the main antagonist.

I don't see that happening. I mean the story will have nothing to go on. Naruto grew to a point when he can defeat anyone now. Now that he knows his backstory I think that Naruto will either becoming hokage or die in his battle with Sasuke. Madara feels like one of the final,FINAL Boss. So does Sasuke. Highly doubt that Kishimoto will keep on going after the ninja war arc.

Banana Knight Arthur
20th September 2011, 11:25 PM
I don't see that happening. I mean the story will have nothing to go on. Naruto grew to a point when he can defeat anyone now. Now that he knows his backstory I think that Naruto will either becoming hokage or die in his battle with Sasuke. Madara feels like one of the final,FINAL Boss. So does Sasuke. Highly doubt that Kishimoto will keep on going after the ninja war arc.

I can see them maybe flash-forward to when Naruto is just appointed to Hokage maybe 2-5 years after Sasuke/Tobi-madara conflict is resolved, and go on for 30-50 chapters, showing Naruto overcome some opposing force either within Konoha or from outside, maybe if Kabutomaru survives the war.

lolipiece
21st September 2011, 5:57 PM
Goddammit, Kishimoto!

Just when I thought someone was going to get a win you make him not defeated, setting up another battle that Naruto will inevitably finish.

uber gon
21st September 2011, 7:12 PM
Goddammit, Kishimoto!

Just when I thought someone was going to get a win you make him not defeated, setting up another battle that Naruto will inevitably finish.

Gaara might pull something. Anyway, I'm just happy we got to see some new Earth jutsu.

Lorde
21st September 2011, 7:53 PM
In my opinion, this week's chapter started out good, but then got bad as it progressed. I'm really disappointed that the Mizukage's clam was destroyed, as I thought that its genjutsu was interesting. I'm also disappointed that the Tsuchikage isn't able to use Dust Release techniques anymore. But I'm really upset that this fight will continue, because I know that Naruto will butt-in as usual, as someone else already mentioned.

Banana Knight Arthur
21st September 2011, 7:56 PM
Gaara might pull something. Anyway, I'm just happy we got to see some new Earth jutsu.

This chapter was thoroughly disappointing.

The jutsu by the mizukage is ridiculous how they got 'Jokey boy' from Mugen Bakuha is beyond me. Mugen is infinite and baku usually refers to explosion or bomb and ha usual refers to a wave of some sort, so I would guess Infinite explosive-wave?

Lorde
21st September 2011, 8:04 PM

If you're talking about that Earth Fist technique, then it isn't exactly new, as Kitsuchi already used it (without a name, but it was the same technique for sure).

The jutsu by the mizukage is ridiculous how they got 'Jokey boy' from Mugen Bakuha is beyond me. Mugen is infinite and baku usually refers to explosion or bomb and ha usual refers to a wave of some sort, so I would guess Infinite explosive-wave?

Why do I get the feeling that the Mizukage's infinite explosions technique will be like a combination of Deidara's exploding clay and Konan's sea of exploding paper tags?

Banana Knight Arthur
21st September 2011, 8:10 PM
If you're talking about that Earth Fist technique, then it isn't exactly new, as Kitsuchi already used it (without a name, but it was the same technique for sure).

Why do I get the feeling that the Mizukage's infinite explosions technique will be like a combination of Deidara's exploding clay and Konan's sea of exploding paper tags?

Hey it worked for Konan, and would have killed anyone but Tobi-madara.

If it's not broken, don't fix it XD!

Shneak
21st September 2011, 9:16 PM
Now this is how you do a battle. No overblown power, strategy and more than one chapter. I was really excited reading through it. I thought we may have gotten our first main casualty, but Onoki is too awesome to die.

Gaara is certainly right. Mizukage doesn't look strong, but he has some interesting techniques. I wonder what the Jokey Boy jutsu is all about.

Banana Knight Arthur
21st September 2011, 10:48 PM
Now this is how you do a battle. No overblown power, strategy and more than one chapter. I was really excited reading through it. I thought we may have gotten our first main casualty, but Onoki is too awesome to die.

Gaara is certainly right. Mizukage doesn't look strong, but he has some interesting techniques. I wonder what the Jokey Boy jutsu is all about.

You did not read comprehensively, nya~~~~~

The Onoki that received the water gun bullet was a Sand clone Gaara snuck in after Onoki's assault on the Giant genjutsu kuchiyose Clam/Oyster.

TsukiMirage
21st September 2011, 11:09 PM
The Nidaime Mizukage continues to be awesome, even more then before. Not only is he the only non Uchiha to actually use genjutsu to it's full effect in battle, but now we learn he's apart of the same clan as Suigetsu and Mugetsu. After seeing his Water Gun technique, that explains what Suigetsu was threatening Sasuke with when they first met and how Mugetsu was murdering those ninjas earlier in the war. Shame Onoki didn't die or even get injured, as we could really use that for a named character. Not only that, but he was even able to get around Gaara's sand defense with minor trouble. Through Gaara's imperial pyramid was pretty awesome looking. Shame that the Mizukage is just too awesome. Now that's the Mizukage is having fun enjoying the battle and is pulling out his ultimate technique that even Muu couldn't beat, it'll be interesting to see how Gaara and Onoki get out of this. I only hope Naruto doesn't come in and save the day. Wonderful chapter.

Lorde
21st September 2011, 11:42 PM
That Water Gun technique that the Mizukage used was pretty interesting, and I also remember that Suigetsu was going to use a similar technique on Sasuke when he first appeared. It would've been cool if Suigetsu had actually used that technique before the Mizukage, though. Perhaps not on Sasuke, but on someone else.

And I'm starting to hope that the third Tsuchikage dies, just because I think the story would be a bit more dramatic if the Alliance lost a Kage.

Banana Knight Arthur
21st September 2011, 11:51 PM
That Water Gun technique that the Mizukage used was pretty interesting, and I also remember that Suigetsu was going to use a similar technique on Sasuke when he first appeared. It would've been cool if Suigetsu had actually used that technique before the Mizukage, though. Perhaps not on Sasuke, but on someone else.

And I'm starting to hope that the third Tsuchikage dies, just because I think the story would be a bit more dramatic if the Alliance lost a Kage.

I think the water gun nod is a not-so-subtle nod to pokemon.

:\Like, helloooo, water gun is the most famous water-type technique.

multi-scale
22nd September 2011, 12:19 AM
Can someone explain the last two panels to me?
2nd Mizukage being amazing, as usual. I swear, he's my favorite kage.

Profesco
22nd September 2011, 4:56 AM
"Throw the sealing seals at it!!"

Ahaha~

'As opposed to the freeing seals?'
'What about the juggling seals?'
'Should we throw the royal approval seals too?'
'Hey, did he say to throw the feeling seals at it? I was kinda saving those for me and my girlfriend...'

Crimsonlink
22nd September 2011, 5:02 AM
lol I loved the last line Profesco. That line was kinda redundant now that I thought about it in the chapter. Very witty, so props to you for that one.

Banana Knight Arthur
22nd September 2011, 5:04 AM
Those quotes flew over my head?

I'm disliking this Mizukage business dragging on.

I'm ready to return to Kakashi's battlefield and the Seven Swordmen+woman?'s fight.

7 tyranitars
22nd September 2011, 3:37 PM
I actualy thought onoki was done for, that watergun attack sounds cool and good thing that this will be a fight getting more then 1 chapter.

Shneak
22nd September 2011, 9:25 PM
You did not read comprehensively, nya~~~~~

The Onoki that received the water gun bullet was a Sand clone Gaara snuck in after Onoki's assault on the Giant genjutsu kuchiyose Clam/Oyster.

I know that. But before it was revealed, I thought he might have been killed.

Banana Knight Arthur
22nd September 2011, 10:10 PM
I know that. But before it was revealed, I thought he might have been killed.

What do you mean, that was all revealed in one chapter, in the span of a couple pages, it was not a cliffhanger from last week type situation, lol.

Lorde
22nd September 2011, 10:15 PM
I actualy thought onoki was done for, that watergun attack sounds cool and good thing that this will be a fight getting more then 1 chapter.

I think Onoki should've died when he got hit with the Water Gun technique. It was the perfect scenario, and then Gaara could've attacked the Mizukage in an act of vengeance. I'm actually very surprised that there have been no major deaths in this war so far. Kishi usually allows several major characters to die, but it's like he's suddenly afraid that the fans will be upset with him if he kills certain characters.

Banana Knight Arthur
22nd September 2011, 10:18 PM
I think Onoki should've died when he got hit with the Water Gun technique. It was the perfect scenario, and then Gaara could've attacked the Mizukage in an act of vengeance. I'm actually very surprised that there have been no major deaths in this war so far. Kishi usually allows several major characters to die, but it's like he's suddenly afraid that the fans will be upset with him if he kills certain characters.

Acts of vengeance lead to mistakes and sloppy battling.

Gaara already used up his free 1-up life.

Next time Gaara dies, it is going to take — permanently.

Shneak
23rd September 2011, 3:12 AM
What do you mean, that was all revealed in one chapter, in the span of a couple pages, it was not a cliffhanger from last week type situation, lol.

While I was reading it. I couldn't possibly know the outcome the first time I read it. My initial reaction was that Onoki was killed.

Banana Knight Arthur
23rd September 2011, 4:03 AM
;184;
While I was reading it. I couldn't possibly know the outcome the first time I read it. My initial reaction was that Onoki was killed.

Ohhh, I see what you mean.

I just find this whole war has gotten messy and out of hand.

Kishimoto took on more than he could chew, this has gotten more tedious than Pain's assault up until the point where Naruto stepped in where it got much better.

Platinum fan.
23rd September 2011, 9:59 PM
Sorry I'm late. This fight looks good, can't wait to see what new jutsu comes next week. I thought Onoki was going to be killed during the fight and that watergun attack (I thought of Squirtle when herd that name) but overall it was a decent chapter. Nothing real special. I wonder what Gaara will do next? I have to say though, this arc is so all over the place I'm actually forgetting where some things are at. One chapter we're dealing with Nagato and Itachi, then the 3rd Raikage, then Naruto using new moves, Sasuke's epic return. It's a little much to follow at times for me.

Lorde
23rd September 2011, 10:26 PM
I have to say though, this arc is so all over the place I'm actually forgetting where some things are at. One chapter we're dealing with Nagato and Itachi, then the 3rd Raikage, then Naruto using new moves, Sasuke's epic return. It's a little much to follow at times for me.

I know how you feel. I had to re-read the entire arc just to figure out where certain characters were; I hadn't even realized that Sai had joined Kakashi's squad until I re-read the Seven Swordsmen chapters. But as for Gaara's involvement in the next chapter: I don't actually think that he'll have to do much to be honest. I have a gut feeling that Naruto will appear to take Gaara's place. While I do think that it would be interesting to see Naruto fight against the Mizukage, I'm not too sure that I want him to steal Gaara's glory.

Banana Knight Arthur
24th September 2011, 1:26 AM
Sasuke's return will be more than epic if Kishimoto does him justice, which I think he will, as Kishi-sensei seems to love Sasuke more, ironically as he is not the protagonist.

I expect dramatic music and widespread death with a quaintly dark scenery.

JetshipperKekkaishi
24th September 2011, 1:57 AM
Gaara 's fight with the Mizukage was ok. But I feel like Kishimoto is saving up to the Naruto vs Sasuke battle. Gaara might have a hard time winning this fight. I hope Naruto doesn't come in to fight. But it was a ok chapter to say at least.

Banana Knight Arthur
24th September 2011, 2:02 AM
Gaara 's fight with the Mizukage was ok. But I feel like Kishimoto is saving up to the Naruto vs Sasuke battle. Gaara might have a hard time winning this fight. I hope Naruto doesn't come in to fight. But it was a ok chapter to say at least.

Honestly it does feel like the effort has been lost in writing for at least the last 20-24 chapters.

I feel the quality has gone down since the conclusion of the Ino-Shika-Chou vs Asuma concluded, which was Chapter 534….

Shneak
24th September 2011, 3:21 AM
Honestly it does feel like the effort has been lost in writing for at least the last 20-24 chapters.

I feel the quality has gone down since the conclusion of the Ino-Shika-Chou vs Asuma concluded, which was Chapter 534….

Yeah, it kind of feels like it's being rushed through now.

Banana Knight Arthur
24th September 2011, 3:30 AM
Yeah, it kind of feels like it's being rushed through now.

I think Kishimoto will soon feel he needs to change the pace and get things moving again.

Thus the tease of Sasuke being ready for battle/recovered from his EMS surgery.

Charminions
24th September 2011, 3:35 AM

This. While reading the chapter I thought "Finally someone semi-important dies." but nope, he's still hanging on.

Banana Knight Arthur
24th September 2011, 3:38 AM
This. While reading the chapter I thought "Finally someone semi-important dies." but nope, he's still hanging on.

Onoki's importance is debatable lol.

His back-weakness is such a joke, even with Kishimoto-sensei.

I expect/hope for his Granddaughter to take his spot.

Shneak
24th September 2011, 3:40 AM
Onoki's importance is debatable lol.

His back-weakness is such a joke, even with Kishimoto-sensei.

I expect/hope for his Granddaughter to take his spot.

Hey, Onoki is the best Kage.

Banana Knight Arthur
24th September 2011, 4:00 AM
Hey, 照美メイ, Terumī Mei is the best Kage.

There, fixed that for you~~~~~~

Crimsonlink
24th September 2011, 4:01 AM
Hey, 照美メイ, Terumī Mei is the best Kage.

Hey, Minato is the best Kage ever

There, fixed that for you~~~~~~

Here I fixed it for you

miles0624
24th September 2011, 4:08 AM
I am going to go on a limb and call Gara the best kage ever. Followed closely by, if not surpassed, by minato.

Banana Knight Arthur
24th September 2011, 4:11 AM
Here I broke it for you

Minato is GOD level, not fair to compare with other Kages.

5th Mizukage Mei is the most elegant + gorgeous Kage also, move over grandma Tsunade…….

Lorde
24th September 2011, 4:17 AM
The strongest Kage? I wanna say Minato, but I think Hashirama was stronger. He was able to face off against Madara several times, and he was also able to subdue the Kyuubi. I just think that he's the strongest out of all the Kage, but Minato probably comes in second place. I think Hiruzen was also pretty powerful when he was young.

Banana Knight Arthur
24th September 2011, 4:20 AM
The strongest Kage? I wanna say Minato, but I think Hashirama was stronger. He was able to face off against Madara several times, and he was also able to subdue the Kyuubi. I just think that he's the strongest out of all the Kage, but Minato probably comes in second place. I think Hiruzen was also pretty powerful when he was young.

When I first compared Mei(Mizu) to the guy who said Onoki(Tsuchi) I was not doing an absolute judgment of all time Kage, rather the more recent Kage in the last 3-5 years or so.

Lorde
24th September 2011, 4:41 AM
When I first compared Mei(Mizu) to the guy who said Onoki(Tsuchi) I was not doing an absolute judgment of all time Kage, rather the more recent Kage in the last 3-5 years or so.

I think they all have incredible powers, but there isn't anyone among the current Kage who has really impressed me like the previous Kage have. I guess the fourth Raikage comes the closest since he fought against Minato and lived, but he's the only current Kage whom I have any real respect for. Mei's pretty, though.

Banana Knight Arthur
24th September 2011, 4:51 AM
I think they all have incredible powers, but there isn't anyone among the current Kage who has really impressed me like the previous Kage have. I guess the fourth Raikage comes the closest since he fought against Minato and lived, but he's the only current Kage whom I have any real respect for. Mei's pretty, though.

I thoroughly enjoy Mei's schtick where she mishears her subordinates comments, Choujuro and Ao, and makes out that they are criticizing her age, and that she "is past marriageable age".

Also she makes interesting use of Boil/Lava release.

TsukiMirage
24th September 2011, 8:01 AM
The best kage ever was Nagato. And yes, Nagato is so great that he's a kage even without being a kage.

7 tyranitars
24th September 2011, 4:49 PM
I know how you feel. I had to re-read the entire arc just to figure out where certain characters were; I hadn't even realized that Sai had joined Kakashi's squad until I re-read the Seven Swordsmen chapters. But as for Gaara's involvement in the next chapter: I don't actually think that he'll have to do much to be honest. I have a gut feeling that Naruto will appear to take Gaara's place. While I do think that it would be interesting to see Naruto fight against the Mizukage, I'm not too sure that I want him to steal Gaara's glory.

I hope Gaara gets to defeat the mizukage, it would be nice if not Naruto hoarded all the wins.

When I saw the water gun scene I was like, goodbye Onoki, really thought he died.

Minato is GOD level, not fair to compare with other Kages.

5th Mizukage Mei is the most elegant + gorgeous Kage also, move over grandma Tsunade…….

Actualy kishi said that the 3rd Hokage was the strongest Hokage. The strongest current kage is either A or Mei

Banana Knight Arthur
24th September 2011, 5:18 PM
I hope Gaara gets to defeat the mizukage, it would be nice if not Naruto hoarded all the wins.

When I saw the water gun scene I was like, goodbye Onoki, really thought he died.

Actualy kishi said that the 3rd Hokage was the strongest Hokage. The strongest current kage is either A or Mei

Exactly, Tsunade, Onoki and Gaara are second string kages.

Gaara lost a level in badass when he lost his bijuu.

Shneak
24th September 2011, 6:25 PM
The best kage ever was Nagato. And yes, Nagato is so great that he's a kage even without being a kage.

Nagato is the best god.

multi-scale
24th September 2011, 9:18 PM
Kishi confirmed 3rd Hokage was the strongest? Too bad he's not around anymore.
Nagato is my all time favorite villian, and no matter what anyone says, Itachi was nowhere near as strong as him. I mean, come on guys.

7 tyranitars
24th September 2011, 10:07 PM
Exactly, Tsunade, Onoki and Gaara are second string kages.

Gaara lost a level in badass when he lost his bijuu.

That's why I hope Gaara will show he is still a badass against the second mizukage.

Crimsonlink
24th September 2011, 10:22 PM
To be fair, Minato didn't exactly get to age 60 like Hiruzen did so of course the 3rd Hokage would technically be considered stronger.

Platinum fan.
24th September 2011, 11:59 PM
The strongest of the kages? I always liked to think it was the 3rd, Sarutobi but I don't think so. I think it was the 1st Hokage who was strongest because as it was already said, he battled Madara in war and they were rivals. That's got to be tough. I would have to guess that his Edo Tensei that Orochimaru summoned was a somewhat weaker version, of course I could say that for almost all Edo Tensei's. They might be immortal but man they are really not that difficult to take down compared to when they were alive. I am mainly looking at Sasori and his lack of puppets. The kages much like the tailed beast aren't what they use to be like in part 1. Heck, I don't even consider Tsunade one of Konoha's best, fighter wise, anymore.

Lorde
25th September 2011, 12:22 AM
It's sad that Tobirama doesn't get any love. And for some reason, I can't picture Hiruzen being as powerful as some of the other Hokage. I know that he was stronger when he was younger, but I really think that Hashirama and Minato were more powerful than him. I can just imagine how much more powerful Minato would've been had he had the time to master several other jutsu. It's too late for that, but I hope that Naruto surpasses him soon, if he hasn't done so already.

LexSuicune
25th September 2011, 4:07 AM
My favourite Hokage is and will always be Senju Tobirama.

Fiercest queen on Naruto ever. I want a full blown manga on his adventures, Suiton master on the village of fire, creator of the allmighty Edo Tensei and MASTER SHINOBI OF HIS TIME.

/STAN

Banana Knight Arthur
25th September 2011, 6:37 AM
My favourite Hokage is and will always be Senju Tobirama.

Fiercest queen on Naruto ever. I want a full blown manga on his adventures, Suiton master on the village of fire, creator of the allmighty Edo Tensei and MASTER SHINOBI OF HIS TIME.

/STAN

That's a good proposal for a gaiden.

TsukiMirage
25th September 2011, 8:59 AM
Kishi confirmed 3rd Hokage was the strongest? Too bad he's not around anymore.
Nagato is my all time favorite villian, and no matter what anyone says, Itachi was nowhere near as strong as him. I mean, come on guys. Eh, things have changed quite a bit since then. And Itachi already showed how he's stronger then Nagato. Totsuka sword = instant win.

LexSuicune
25th September 2011, 5:15 PM
That's a good proposal for a gaiden.

Yeah, he also created the structure of todays Shinobi world in Konoha establishing organisations such as the Academy, ANBU, and giving the Uchiha clan the Konoha Military Police Force as a sign of trust. He also passed on his Will of Fire to the next generation.

The greatest Suiton master in the shinbi world to ever exist. <3

Grovyl
25th September 2011, 7:17 PM
The strongest Hokage has to be Hashirama; I can't see it any other way. Hashirama went against Madara, won. Hiruzen went against Orochimaru, lost. Although Hiruzen was older and Oro was his student, Orochimaru is a weaker opponent and Hiruzen should be stronger on the inside.

LexSuicune
25th September 2011, 7:22 PM
You cannot ignore the fact that Hiruzen fought against TWO Hokages, Hashirama and Tobirama, plus a Sannin (Orochimaru), all three of them in their prime, and he was a withering old man, and held his ground without losing his composure.

Lorde
25th September 2011, 8:35 PM
You cannot ignore the fact that Hiruzen fought against TWO Hokages, Hashirama and Tobirama, plus a Sannin (Orochimaru), all three of them in their prime, and he was a withering old man, and held his ground without losing his composure.

But Orochimaru didn't really get involved in the fight until the end. And Hiruzen had help from his monkey summon, so it's not like he had to face Hashirama and Tobirama on his own. I agree that he was still very powerful when he fought them, but I don't think he would've survived for as long as he did had he not had help.

TerraWolf
26th September 2011, 2:20 AM
Any clue why Naruto's late on MS?

Banana Knight Arthur
26th September 2011, 3:27 AM
Any clue why Naruto's late on MS?

You cannot discuss those sites here……I think.

Shneak
26th September 2011, 9:07 PM
You cannot discuss those sites here……I think.

If MS stands for mangastream, then I think you can.

Watch me.

Banana Knight Arthur
26th September 2011, 10:29 PM
If MS stands for mangastream, then I think you can.

Watch me.

I myself don't care one way or the other, just if it is taboo, I would not want someone to get in trouble XD

TsukiMirage
26th September 2011, 11:33 PM
Any clue why Naruto's late on MS? What do you mean late? The chapter isn't due out til Wednesday morning.

TerraWolf
27th September 2011, 9:13 PM
What do you mean late? The chapter isn't due out til Wednesday morning.

The chapter thats on MF isn't on MS

Lorde
27th September 2011, 11:24 PM
The chapter thats on MF isn't on MS

If you're talking about Mangafox, then the newest chapter on there is the exact same one that was posted on Mangastream last week.

Anyway, I predict that Naruto is going to show up to battle the Mizukage in this week's chapter. I really wanted to see Gaara fight the Mizukage instead, but I know that Kishi's focusing more on Naruto right now than on any other character. It almost makes me want to see Sasuke again. Almost.

peacemaker987
28th September 2011, 1:40 AM
In that case he might have to be forced into contacting the Nine-tails to help against the Mizukage's genjutsu. It would probably have more experience than Naruto against that type of thing anyways. Yet somehow I think Kishi's going to save that card till a bit later on in the arc.

Lorde
28th September 2011, 1:59 AM
In that case he might have to be forced into contacting the Nine-tails to help against the Mizukage's genjutsu. It would probably have more experience than Naruto against that type of thing anyways. Yet somehow I think Kishi's going to save that card till a bit later on in the arc.

I would love for Naruto and the Kyuubi to start working together here, but I agree that Kishi will most likely save that for when Naruto is fighting against Sasuke and Madara. So I'm wondering how Naruto would defeat the Mizukage without the Kyuubi's help. The Mizukage will most likely use more genjutsu, so maybe Gaara will have to help Naruto after all.

uber gon
28th September 2011, 4:33 AM
It's kind of sad that this series' portrayal of women is better than Starfire (http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3305645.html), an American comic book character.

lolipiece
28th September 2011, 2:13 PM
Goddammit, Kishimoto!

Ok, Kishimoto.

You did it right this...

50 bucks says Gaara or Naruto finish off the next baddy...

LexSuicune
28th September 2011, 4:22 PM
I'm freaking in love with the Nidaime Mizukage, who'd have thought it would be the strongest.

Lorde
28th September 2011, 5:55 PM
I'm freaking in love with the Nidaime Mizukage, who'd have thought it would be the strongest.

I'm actually surprised that he's been this much of a challenge for Gaara and the others. I thought that the third Raikage would be the toughest out of all the revived Kage since he looked really strong. But I never thought that the second Mizukage would be tougher than the third Raikage. I guess looks can be deceiving. I'm just glad that Naruto wasn't involved in this chapter.

Crimsonlink
28th September 2011, 6:16 PM
I'm actually surprised that he's been this much of a challenge for Gaara and the others. I thought that the third Raikage would be the toughest out of all the revived Kage since he looked really strong. But I never thought that the second Mizukage would be tougher than the third Raikage. I guess looks can be deceiving. I'm just glad that Naruto wasn't involved in this chapter.

The 3rd Raikage went against Naruto deus ex machina Uzumaki so he got downgraded. Gaara struggling against the 2nd Mizukage serves as a contrast. But I sure as hell would like to see Naruto deal with him.

This was Gaara's chapter and I really liked it. Him using the gold dust his father left was pure genius. The chapter felt kinda slow though. Maybe it was Gaara's sand?

uber gon
28th September 2011, 7:30 PM
Upside: Gaara was able to beat a powerful water clone of the Mizukage.

Downside: We still have to see if the real Mizukage will be beaten by Gaara.

peacemaker987
28th September 2011, 11:55 PM
Both Mu and the Mizukage were both going to warn them when they were being sealed, I'm predicting that this will go on longer, forcing them to work together.

multi-scale
29th September 2011, 12:08 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET HIM NOT BE SEALED. The 2nd Mizukage has been by far my favorite character in this arc and the series, and well as probably being the most powerful Mizukage in general. Sadly, I think this battle is over, since he's been severely weakened and trapped. I expect next chapter to be a speech about Gaara achieving great things, but I don't mind. Earlier he was kind of annoyed and acted condescending (is this right word?) but he's shown, in his own way, that he cares for the future generation as much as the 3rd raikage did. I doubt they could've won if he didnt reveal all his powers.

-Raiga-
29th September 2011, 12:16 AM
Yeah, these past few chapters have went the way I thought the war should have went for the most part, an introduction to some key players of the past, with not incredibly short but not long battles. It just seems perfect.

On the flip side of that, if kishimoto just had basically what he set up with the smaller battles, like the kakashi and seven swordsmen one, and just gave those a battle similar to these, it would have worked great.

Although on that note, I think having kakashi face zetsu would have worked better, as kakashi gets another power boost, and right now zetsu is as useless as can be.(in the sense that it doesn't seem like any of the zetsu clones have barely killed anybody)

Lorde
29th September 2011, 12:33 AM
I still don't really understand the second Mizukage's ability, even after reading the chapter again. Still, I guess that isn't too important. I think that the most important thing about this week's chapter is that Gaara managed to corner the second Mizukage, and that the Mizukage acknowledged Gaara's skills. And I guess that Gaara's use of the fourth Kazekage's golden dust was also pretty neat.

Banana Knight Arthur
29th September 2011, 1:17 AM
Thankfully it turned out to be Jouki, not "Jokey".

The jutsu was more impressive than I expected, but I still dislike this loathesome Mizukage who continues to steal airtime/pagetime.

TsukiMirage
29th September 2011, 1:20 AM
Now this is the way a battle should go, with both sides employing impressive tactics without being weakened or dumb down. While I'm not exactly sure about the science involved here, the Nidaime Mizukage continues to show why he's so awesome. It's a shame the other Edo kages didn't get to shine as much, especially Muu since they were suppose to be equals. Anyway, Jokey Boi seems just as powerful as it was hyped up to be, but the way that Gaara beat it was wonderful. Using his father's gold dust and his own strategy allowed him to get the win while showing how dangerous the Mizukage was. He showed that he deserved the title of Kazekage. I hope that this trend continues in the coming battles and helps to drill into Naruto that he's not needed to win every battle. Excellent chapter.

I still don't really understand the second Mizukage's ability, even after reading the chapter again. Still, I guess that isn't too important. I think that the most important thing about this week's chapter is that Gaara managed to corner the second Mizukage, and that the Mizukage acknowledged Gaara's skills. And I guess that Gaara's use of the fourth Kazekage's golden dust was also pretty neat. It was basically this. The Mizukage created a water clone with an oil coating. As the clone moved around, the water inside heated up and became steam inside the oil shell. Eventually, it exploded and all that water and oil rose up into the sky, where it cooled downed and became hail. The hail fell back to the ground, where it would then melt and reform into the clone to start the whole thing over again.

Banana Knight Arthur
29th September 2011, 1:21 AM
It was basically this. The Mizukage created a water clone with an oil coating. As the clone moved around, the water inside heated up and became steam inside the oil shell. Eventually, it exploded and all that water and oil rose up into the sky, where it cooled downed and became hail. The hail fell back to the ground, where it would then melt and reform into the clone to start the whole thing over again.

This Mizukage has stolen enough chapters.

IT is time for him to go the way of the rest of the EDO corpses.

Somorio
29th September 2011, 3:52 AM
It's kind of sad that this series' portrayal of women is better than Starfire (http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3305645.html), an American comic book character.

Woah, not sure I can even watch the show quite the same way again, but yeah, that portryal seems a bit much.

Anyway, the fight was pretty good today, Garra was a pro, and I'm glad Naruto didn't have to pop in the last second to save the day, that would have annoyed me a bit.

lolipiece
29th September 2011, 3:54 AM
I couldn't care less about the revived Kage's or Akatsuki..

Where's the damn Jinchuriki for goodness sake!?

Those are the real interesting characters!

Lorde
29th September 2011, 4:08 AM
It was basically this. The Mizukage created a water clone with an oil coating. As the clone moved around, the water inside heated up and became steam inside the oil shell. Eventually, it exploded and all that water and oil rose up into the sky, where it cooled downed and became hail. The hail fell back to the ground, where it would then melt and reform into the clone to start the whole thing over again.

All right, thanks for the explanation. That seems like a pretty broken jutsu though since it works in a never-ending cycle. Still, I guess it's creative. I think that a lot of the new techniques in this arc have been creative, and I'm actually glad that the second Mizukage used oil a little differently than Jiraiya did.

Imagine if he stayed for the remainder of the series.

Banana Knight Arthur
29th September 2011, 5:07 AM
All right, thanks for the explanation. That seems like a pretty broken jutsu though since it works in a never-ending cycle. Still, I guess it's creative. I think that a lot of the new techniques in this arc have been creative, and I'm actually glad that the second Mizukage used oil a little differently than Jiraiya did.

Imagine if he stayed for the remainder of the series.

The Mizukage ordeal has made my interest in the remaining EDO Tensei battles dissolve into nothingness.

I'm ready for Eternal-living Uchiha, Sasuke, Naruto and Kabutomaru to duke it out.

LexSuicune
29th September 2011, 5:09 AM
I hope the second Mizukage does stay and keeps all the fans mad.

lol I love him. And we're gonna get to see Yagura fight as well, and Mei <3

So many Mizukages <333 Kirikagure PRIDE!

XD

XxXTheCursedOneXxX
29th September 2011, 5:16 AM
I feel like the series has gotten lazy, bringing back all the old akatsuki i just stopped there, really lame they couldn't make some different characters for that

Banana Knight Arthur
29th September 2011, 5:19 AM
I hope the second Mizukage does stay and keeps all the fans mad.

lol I love him. And we're gonna get to see Yagura fight as well, and Mei <3

So many Mizukages <333 Kirikagure PRIDE!

XD

Yagura will be limited, as he will share spotlight with Naruto, Madara, and 5 other Edo'Tensei Jinchuuriki.

Crimsonlink
29th September 2011, 5:20 AM
Kirikagure PRIDE!

Funny thing is that Kiri would be the strongest village of all the 5 nations if not for Madara. They had the highest number of Bloodline users, they are surrounded by the ocean and have natural mists to use in their advantage. Not to mention all the money they make off fish, raiding ships and generally being badasses.

Banana Knight Arthur
29th September 2011, 5:21 AM
Funny thing is that Kiri would be the strongest village of all the 5 nations if not for Madara. They had the highest number of Bloodline users, they are surrounded by the ocean and have natural mists to use in their advantage. Not to mention all the money they make off fish, raiding ships and generally being badasses.

Aside from Mei and Yagura, the Kirigakure no Sato is overrated.

All the love stems/spans from Haku/Zabuza slashers and fanboys.

Crimsonlink
29th September 2011, 5:28 AM
Aside from Mei and Yagura, the Kirigakure no Sato is overrated.

All the love stems/spans from Haku/Zabuza slashers and fanboys.

No I'm being quite serious. Kiri could have truly become the strongest village if not for Yagura going insane with the purge.

Kumo would be a close second if only for their Jinchuriki and good bloodlines.

LexSuicune
29th September 2011, 5:33 AM
All of the love stems from what? I personally cannot stand the Haku/Zabuza nonsense so I don't know what you're talking about, like Crimson so eloquently stated, Kirikagure is simply a land of sheer pwnage and badassery.

And Crimson, you forget they had a Jinchuriki as well, one of the few jinchūriki that were able to fully control their tailed beast and hail the power from the kage seat.

All in all Kirikagure >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Platinum fan.
29th September 2011, 5:33 AM
What a chapter. That Mizukage guy sure is tough, I'm glad we got to see some of that gold from Gaara, I was hoping he would upgrade to using gold in the future. Anyway this was one of the better chapters of this poorly paced war arc. I couldn't always follow how the Mizukage's water clone with the oil and water thing worked but usually when that happens I just wait for the volume to come out and read it again and again. Truthfully that's what I did with the Danzo vs Sasuke battle. Danzo's ability was so over my head when I first read that chapter. I'm smarter now hopefully. Anyway good chapter and it was good to see more of Gaara fighting. The 2nd Mizukage has really become a favorite of mine. I know Naruto is about to show up but I hope he doesn't steal Gaara's thunder. Save him for Sasuke.

Banana Knight Arthur
29th September 2011, 5:34 AM
No I'm being quite serious. Kiri could have truly become the strongest village if not for Yagura going insane with the purge.

Kumo would be a close second if only for their Jinchuriki and good bloodlines.

Yagura went insane?

His actions were all blamed on Madara controlling him behind the scenes with his EMS Hax.

Crimsonlink
29th September 2011, 5:41 AM
Yagura went insane?

His actions were all blamed on Madara controlling him behind the scenes with his EMS Hax.

I forgot to type it as Yagura/Madara lol. I didn't forget about Kiri's jinchuriki but good of you to remember.

Lorde
29th September 2011, 6:26 AM
Despite the large amount of awesome characters that have come out of Kirigakure, I don't particularly like the village. I dislike all the bloodshed that occurred there during Yagura's/Madara's reign, and I think that Kirigakure had the two most boring Bijuu. And that's not just because they both seemed to use water techniques either; I just think their designs are really bland compared to the other Bijuu.

Crimsonlink
29th September 2011, 6:30 AM
Despite the large amount of awesome characters that have come out of Kirigakure, I don't particularly like the village. I dislike all the bloodshed that occurred there during Yagura's/Madara's reign, and I think that Kirigakure had the two most boring Bijuu. And that's not just because they both seemed to use water techniques either; I think they're designs are just really bland compared to the other Bijuu.

I hated Fuu's design the most with Roshi a close second.

TsukiMirage
29th September 2011, 7:51 PM
All right, thanks for the explanation. That seems like a pretty broken jutsu though since it works in a never-ending cycle. Still, I guess it's creative. I think that a lot of the new techniques in this arc have been creative, and I'm actually glad that the second Mizukage used oil a little differently than Jiraiya did. It's even more broken when you factor in that with this technique the Mizukage was able to match Muu well enough to achieve a double KO.

I hated Fuu's design the most with Roshi a close second. I love Fuu's design, as long as she remains a girl. We have enough boys that look like girls in this series.

Shneak
29th September 2011, 9:26 PM

Shut your dirty mouth. We're finally getting a good fight!

Seriously, bravo Kishi. An exciting chapter with actual tactics and strategy. For a second I thought Naruto was going to bust in and suddenly wipe out Mizukage, but I'm glad he stayed out (for now, ugh.)

Add me to the list of people who love the Mizukage.

multi-scale
29th September 2011, 10:04 PM
I never actually noticed, but Kirigakure is definetly one of the top5 most powerful villages.
All bad jokes aside, they have a ton of powerful people. Bllodline users, generations of 7 swordsmen, amazing Mizukages (and of course the 2nd Mizukage, the greatest kage who ever lived.)
Konoha has gotten kinda bland.
Iwagakure looks strong enough, but we know, like, 5 people from the village.
The Raikages have all seemed like one trick ponies. The 3rd Raikage was intensely badass, but I would really like to see more techniques. Same goes for Darui with the Storm Element and Black Lightning. We didn't see that at all from the 3rd Raikage.
Sunagakure has Gaara, Sasori, and Chiyo, but I personally feel they need more screentime. I wanted a longer 4th Kazekage fight and wanted to see Pakura in action. It doesn't really help that most of their top shinobi are dead.

gliscor&yanmega
29th September 2011, 10:24 PM
These last few chapters have been really enjoyable for me. Edo Troll Mizukage is probably tied with being my 6th favorite character(Along with Deidara and Asuma). I sure hope we get his name next chapter, it's killing me not knowing it.

Lorde
29th September 2011, 10:38 PM
These last few chapters have been really enjoyable for me. Edo Troll Mizukage is probably tied with being my 6th favorite character(Along with Deidara and Asuma).

Deidara used to be my favorite character back in the day, but now I can't stand him. I really liked that he gave his life in order to show off his art and to kill Sasuke, so I guess I'm upset that he was revived. And I never liked Asuma. He's a nice guy and all, but I've always found him to be kind of bland and uninteresting.

I sure hope we get his name next chapter, it's killing me not knowing it.

It's probably Trolly McTrollington.

LexSuicune
30th September 2011, 4:00 AM
Mizutrollge is definitely one of the best things to come out of this war arc.

I love how he's just SCREAMING at these idiots how to beat him and no one can.

XDDDD

Banana Knight Arthur
30th September 2011, 8:48 AM
Shut your dirty mouth. We're finally getting a good fight!

Seriously, bravo Kishi. An exciting chapter with actual tactics and strategy. For a second I thought Naruto was going to bust in and suddenly wipe out Mizukage, but I'm glad he stayed out (for now, ugh.)

Add me to the list of people who love the Mizukage.

Don't close your narrow eyes, for Naruto is on the horizon, what with his 1,000 wind clones….

Shneak
30th September 2011, 9:13 PM
Don't close your narrow eyes, for Naruto is on the horizon, what with his 1,000 wind clones….

http://static.goodmanga.net/images/manga_images/naruto/202/17.jpg

Noooooooo.....

Lorde
30th September 2011, 9:22 PM
http://static.goodmanga.net/images/manga_images/naruto/202/17.jpg

Noooooooo.....

I miss the good old days when Naruto would create hundreds of clones. He's used many clones during Part 2 as well, but he seems to rely more on his Rasengan techniques these days. I've gotten really tired of the Rasengan techniques, though. They all look the same to me, as there's little to no variation between them. He really needs a new technique.

Banana Knight Arthur
30th September 2011, 9:55 PM
I miss the good old days when Naruto would create hundreds of clones. He's used many clones during Part 2 as well, but he seems to rely more on his Rasengan techniques these days. I've gotten really tired of the Rasengan techniques, though. They all look the same to me, as there's little to no variation between them. He really needs a new technique.

You have to hand it to Naruto, that Planetary Rasengan was fairly cool.

multi-scale
1st October 2011, 3:58 AM
I think I speak for everyone when I say Naruto needs some legit techniques. Sadly, this is prevented by his complete inability to make proper signs (though you'd figure he'd be better at it by now), which is why he learned the Rasengan in the first place.

peacemaker987
1st October 2011, 9:37 PM
I wouldn't mind if he learned another type of nature transformation, all of his techniques seem to revolve around spinning. Maby water, so he can do that Typhoon Water Vortex tech by himself.

Lorde
1st October 2011, 10:30 PM
I wouldn't mind if he learned another type of nature transformation, all of his techniques seem to revolve around spinning. Maby water, so he can do that Typhoon Water Vortex tech by himself.

I've always wondered which other element Naruto could master. I thought that fire would've been cool since he could easily increase its power with his wind techniques, but then he might be too much like Sasuke. I think water is a decent element, but I can't say that it's my favorite. I can't see Naruto using lightning or earth, so I guess water is the only other element that he'll master.

TsukiMirage
2nd October 2011, 1:33 AM
I don't know about Naruto having a water nature. That's basically the most used element, so it would be kind of boring for Naruto to get it too. Though I guess that would mean that Naruto would have the chance to learn techniques from multiple sources. I could see Naruto having an earth nature and then using it like Onoki and Kitsuchi to augment his punches by forming rocks around his fist.

multi-scale
2nd October 2011, 4:30 PM
While we're talking about natures, Lightning is the most troll nature there is. I totally forgot the original purpose described by Kakashi (it was paralysis or something) and yet 99% of the time we see it, its used to increase cutting power, even more so than a Wind technique (which is essentially made for piercing). The fact that this can be done renders the entire Wind nature pointless, since Lightning would give more sharpness anyway. And since Lightning can apparently balance Lightning (when Sasuke countered Darui's technique with full-body Chidori) you don't need Fuuton for that either. Wind's only purpose is to augment Water and Fire techs, but other than that it is an entirely pointless nature. It really needs a power boost.

Shneak
2nd October 2011, 7:44 PM
Maybe that's why the wind nature is almost extinct. It has no good techniques. Everybody that had the nature died.

Banana Knight Arthur
2nd October 2011, 9:04 PM

I'd like to see Naruto use Ice release or Scorch release, 2nd tier chakra/nature transformations.

I would not put it past Kishimoto to have him pull a Bloodline ability out of nowhere.

Lorde
2nd October 2011, 10:58 PM
Maybe that's why the wind nature is almost extinct. It has no good techniques. Everybody that had the nature died.

It is sad that a lot of Wind Release users have died. We still have characters like Naruto and Temari, but most of the important Wind Release users have already past away, like Asuma and Danzo. And the funny thing is that I used to think that Lightning nature was the rarest since Konoha only had two major characters with that nature (Kakashi and Sasuke). But suddenly, a lot of characters have been able to use Lightning Release, so it seems like one of the most common natures.

Banana Knight Arthur
3rd October 2011, 1:12 AM

Danzo, while he was a snake and a jerk, was quite skilled.

You have to hand him that much.

Lorde
3rd October 2011, 2:52 AM
Danzo, while he was a snake and a jerk, was quite skilled.

You have to hand him that much.

He was skilled at Wind Release, but had it not been for his Sharingan and Wood Release, I don't think he would've been strong enough for the position of Hokage. And now that I remember, Orochimaru also used Wind Release, although it was only one technique. I wish he would've used more elemental jutsu, but he usually used snake-related jutsu instead. I think Fukasaku and Shima used Wind Release techniques as well, but they don't even appear anymore.

Banana Knight Arthur
3rd October 2011, 5:59 AM
He was skilled at Wind Release, but had it not been for his Sharingan and Wood Release, I don't think he would've been strong enough for the position of Hokage. And now that I remember, Orochimaru also used Wind Release, although it was only one technique. I wish he would've used more elemental jutsu, but he usually used snake-related jutsu instead. I think Fukasaku and Shima used Wind Release techniques as well, but they don't even appear anymore.

Knowing Orochimaru and his desire to master all the known jutsu in existence, he must have modified himself to be able to manipulate a 5 types of chakra, bar kekkei genkai/advanced chakra types, because they were genetic.

3lmi
3rd October 2011, 6:12 AM
I'm still wondering about Sasuke EMS powers, Kabutomaro vs Itachi, all these things.

Banana Knight Arthur
3rd October 2011, 6:17 AM
I'm still wondering about Sasuke EMS powers, Kabutomaro vs Itachi, all these things.

I suspect Sasuke's Hax level with his new Eternal Mangekyou has exceed 9,000 points!!

3lmi
3rd October 2011, 3:10 PM
I suspect Sasuke's Hax level with his new Eternal Mangekyou has exceed 9,000 points!!

Infinte Susano'o with mega explosive sword + xbow

trollface.jpeg

Itachi has got alot of spotlight in the few chapters before, and it is amazing how Kishi made him so amazing and smart (it even turned me into an Itachi Fanboy). Can't wait for him to kill Kabutomaro.

Banana Knight Arthur
3rd October 2011, 4:57 PM
Infinte Susano'o with mega explosive sword + xbow

trollface.jpeg

Itachi has got alot of spotlight in the few chapters before, and it is amazing how Kishi made him so amazing and smart (it even turned me into an Itachi Fanboy). Can't wait for him to kill Kabutomaro.

Until Kabutomaru undoes the EDO jutsu with a single hand seal.

uber gon
3rd October 2011, 7:23 PM
Something tells me we're going to get Sasuke Vs. Itachi 2.0 at some point.

Banana Knight Arthur
3rd October 2011, 7:37 PM
Something tells me we're going to get Sasuke Vs. Itachi 2.0 at somepoint.

Sasuke loves his oniisan so much, especially now that he knows the truth about the massacre etc, I find it hard to see him raising a hand against him.

Lorde
3rd October 2011, 8:54 PM
Sasuke loves his oniisan so much, especially now that he knows the truth about the massacre etc, I find it hard to see him raising a hand against him.

But Sasuke is mentally unstable now. So I wouldn't put it past him to attack Itachi if they ever meet again. It seems like he'll do anything to get revenge against Konoha, and even Itachi probably wouldn't be able to talk sense to him. I really think that Sasuke should just die after all this since I can't see him returning to Konoha.

Shneak
3rd October 2011, 9:06 PM
Something tells me we're going to get Sasuke Vs. Itachi 2.0 at somepoint.

Hopefully not, but no doubt it will happen. Their fight ended their feud well.

-Raiga-
3rd October 2011, 11:31 PM
Hopefully not, but no doubt it will happen. Their fight ended their feud well.

Agreed, it was one of the best fights of the series, anything less than another 3-5 chapter battle would tarnish it.

Not that that has stopped this arc from tarnishing just about everything thats happened in naruto.

Banana Knight Arthur
4th October 2011, 1:40 AM
But Sasuke is mentally unstable now. So I wouldn't put it past him to attack Itachi if they ever meet again. It seems like he'll do anything to get revenge against Konoha, and even Itachi probably wouldn't be able to talk sense to him. I really think that Sasuke should just die after all this since I can't see him returning to Konoha.

Well Itachi did say Naruto was now capable of changing Sasuke's emotions, even without the crow-hax-jutsu.

I do hope Sasuke greatly resists reform at first.

Shneak
4th October 2011, 2:28 AM
Agreed, it was one of the best fights of the series, anything less than another 3-5 chapter battle would tarnish it.

Not that that has stopped this arc from tarnishing just about everything thats happened in naruto.

Well, not everything. Haku and Zabuza wasn't that bad. Nagato could have gone without revival though.

Banana Knight Arthur
4th October 2011, 2:38 AM
Well, not everything. Haku and Zabuza wasn't that bad. Nagato could have gone without revival though.

I really enjoyed Haku and Zabuza vs Kakashi team.

It is what won me over and got me following Naruto the manga.

3lmi
4th October 2011, 2:57 PM

I think Itachi will be able to talk sense, and even Naruto could.

I'm so optimistic but I think that Sasuke might join the good guys :]

Platinum fan.
4th October 2011, 5:33 PM
I don't see how Sasuke would be welcome back by everyone. I mean really only Naruto, Sakura, and maybe Kakashi and Ino want him back. A lot of other villages like the Raikage's hate Sasuke and want him dead. Sasuke also killed one of Konoha's elders, Danzo. Danzo was a creep but still a member of Konoha and their 6th Hokage. You can't just ignore that. I find it funny and sad Sasuke thinks he's cleansing the Uchiha name when he and Madara are making it ten times worse. I'm really curious about Sasuke's fate in the end.

LexSuicune
4th October 2011, 5:43 PM
I'm through with Sasuke, have been for the better part of the manga, he's a wimpy, selfloathing, ignorant little nuisance and I cannot wait until he's dealt with.

He's not worth all the trouble his 'friends' are going through to help him.

He doesn't wanna be helped, he wants to ruin them, alongside his family's legacy, and anything good that he's ever received. So, whatever.

Can we talk about Anko? lol where is she? I really want her to kill Kabuto.

SharpedoX
4th October 2011, 6:43 PM
Can we talk about Anko? lol where is she? I really want her to kill Kabuto.

From what I recall, it went the other way around. He trashed her pretty good and I really doubt she's still alive. Yamato is another unknown case. Probably the only real casualties this anticlimactic saga has presented.

LexSuicune
4th October 2011, 7:16 PM
I don't believe they'd kill Anko so unceremoniously, I hope not.

Also, Yamato's still trapped in the Hashirama tree that's feeding the Zetsus, I don't think he's dead either.

lolipiece
4th October 2011, 8:33 PM
Great. Naruto's back to save the day once more.

Wake me up when this is over.

In other news, Naruto is now twelve years old.

uber gon
4th October 2011, 9:00 PM
Gaara smiled. I think I wet myself.

Shneak
4th October 2011, 9:18 PM
558 (http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/558)

Oh god. This chapter was so close to being great, but ****ing Naruto has to save everybody. At least we got a minor summary of some battlefields. So, is Muu summoning the Akatsuki's Wood Demon thing?

multi-scale
4th October 2011, 9:54 PM
He could be summoning something else, like Kabuto's ace. I really don't think Kabuto can have someone summon the Gedo Mazo.

Platinum fan.
4th October 2011, 9:59 PM
I know Naruto is stealing his show back (the manga is called Naruto) but I actually like seeing him back in action and reuniting with his class mates, now they get to see his cool new Kyubi mode. As for the chapter, Sakura and the medical team were put in a tough spot so I can't blame her for wanting to help, even if it's not safe. I really enjoyed this chapter, maybe because we got to see so many old faces again.

Tinygreyalien
4th October 2011, 10:38 PM
kabutos trump card managed to surprise madara of all people so it must be something good that madara himself didnt expect to see, the gedo statue was one of pains summons and now that he's sealed we might not see it again unless the rinnega infused jinchuriki can learn to use it to its fullest.

Banana Knight Arthur
4th October 2011, 10:46 PM
I think the "*THAT*" motif has been over used.

Orochimaru had a *that* jutsu, everyone and their grandma have a hax/plot-convenient *That* jutsu anymore.

I'm tired of the EDO corpses, one year of EDO-warfare is enough, lets resolve the 7-swordsmen battle, and move on to Kabutomaru/Madara-tobi/Sasuke etc.

Lorde
4th October 2011, 11:43 PM
I thought this week's chapter was actually good. I was a little disappointed that Naruto had to save many of his friends from the White Zetsu clones, but I liked that we finally got to see the other ninja (I was getting tired of Gaara's squad). I knew that the second Tsuchikage would come back since he was trying to warn the third Tsuchikage about something right before he was sealed. I'm looking forward to seeing what Kabuto will have the second Tsuchikage summon.

Banana Knight Arthur
4th October 2011, 11:52 PM
Naruto appearing on all fronts was tiresome, but it is his manga….

I'm interested in where the REAL silm naruto and Kira-Bee are headed to.

Shneak
5th October 2011, 1:33 AM
He could be summoning something else, like Kabuto's ace. I really don't think Kabuto can have someone summon the Gedo Mazo.

I was thinking Muu being alive was Kabuto's trump card, but that probably makes more sense... Is it time to break out the Madara/Sage of Six Paths coffin yet?

Also, was I the only one that thought the Zetsu husband was Sai until Zetsu wife said so? I was wondering why Sakura had no reaction.

Banana Knight Arthur
5th October 2011, 1:34 AM
I was thinking Muu being alive was Kabuto's trump card, but that probably makes more sense...

Is it time to break out the Madara/Sage of Six Paths coffin yet?

A Rikudo sennin Edo COrpse is too haxxed, even for Naruto.

Lorde
5th October 2011, 2:20 AM
Also, was I the only one that thought the Zetsu husband was Sai until Zetsu wife said so? I was wondering why Sakura had no reaction.

I also thought that it was Sai until it was revealed that it was just a White Zetsu clone. I'm surprised that they're still an issue, though. I would've thought that Tsunade and the others had come up with a counter-measure by now.

But anyway, I have no idea what the second Tsuchikage will summon. It could be Kabuto's trump card, but it seems too early for that. I think it could just be an animal summon, but we'll see what happens.

TsukiMirage
5th October 2011, 3:01 AM
Looks like Muu wasn't defeated, or more exactly it was his clone that was sealed. We see that the Planetary Rasengan was quite some attack, to the point where not even an Edo summon could heal imminently from the damage. At least Muu is living up to his hype and the showing that the Mizukage gave us. Speaking of which, even going out, the Nidaime Mizukage was great. Surprisingly, that Naruto had been a clone, which doesn't actually make sense but whatever. At least we saw the Alliance come up with some sort of guard to weed out the Zetsu clones and it was nice to see Dan again. I just wish it wasn't due to Naruto coming in to save the day once again. Though we had been over this, but I guess Naruto taking the spotlight is just something that will have to happen, no matter what we wish. Hopefully Kabuto's ace will live up to it's hype and change the course of this war for the worst. Very nice chapter.

JetshipperKekkaishi
5th October 2011, 3:28 AM
This chapter was a so-so. I like the way they had Dan back. Surpised to see Naruto look like Tsunade's brother. But the thing I hated was Naruto taking more spotlight. But It was pretty awesome when Naruto protected everyone though. Weird that there was a Naruto clone with Gaara. So there were three Narutos. So Where the Real one?

Banana Knight Arthur
5th October 2011, 3:37 AM
This chapter was a so-so. I like the way they had Dan back. Surpised to see Naruto look like Tsunade's brother. But the thing I hated was Naruto taking more spotlight. But It was pretty awesome when Naruto protected everyone though. Weird that there was a Naruto clone with Gaara. So there were three Narutos. So Where the Real one?

Dan confusing Naruto for Nawaki was cute.

HE saw the same spark/potential that Tsunade saw in him.

The part where he protected Hinata was good fuel for shippers (not me!)

JetshipperKekkaishi
5th October 2011, 3:43 AM
Dan confusing Naruto for Nawaki was cute.

HE saw the same spark/potential that Tsunade saw in him.

As Much as I am a shipper,This wasn't a shipping thing. It is just Naruto saving everyone from danger. This is Naruto here. He is going to protect anyone in need.

Banana Knight Arthur
5th October 2011, 3:44 AM
As Much as I am a shipper,This wasn't a shipping thing. It is just Naruto saving everyone from danger. This is Naruto here. He is going to protect anyone in need.

He also saved Sakura-chan!

This week was the best week for Naruto/Anything slashers/shippers in more than a year or 2.

Lorde
5th October 2011, 3:53 AM
I totally overlooked the part where Naruto saved Hinata. It's ironic since it's the reverse of what Hinata did for Naruto, but it still felt really hollow, especially since Naruto and Hinata didn't really interact with each other. I think they should've talked a bit after the Pain arc since it would've cleared up some stuff. Right now, I don't really know if Naruto likes Hinata back in a romantic sort of way, which just frustrates me.

JetshipperKekkaishi
5th October 2011, 3:54 AM
I wonder on what will Dan do if they didn't capture him? Maybe Dan escape then Tsunade and Dan fight. Or maybe Dan tries to fight Naruto. To see if he has what it takes to be the hero of the Leaf Village. I would love to see Dan fight in the war a bit. What type of Jutsu does he has for Kabuto to bring him back.

peacemaker987
5th October 2011, 5:05 AM
Yea! I totally forgot about Dan until now, he has his own "the" jutsu doesn't he? I don't see how they can hold him in there forever, they can't just have four guys keeping up Sound-Four style barrier. Kishi's use of "the" jutsu is way too common. I'm kind of hoping that it'll be something creative.

Just wait until Naruto can do the tailed beast ball in Planetary form... hax to the max.

Banana Knight Arthur
5th October 2011, 5:13 AM
Yea! I totally forgot about Dan until now, he has his own "the" jutsu doesn't he? I don't see how they can hold him in there forever, they can't just have four guys keeping up Sound-Four style barrier. Kishi's use of "the" jutsu is way too common. I'm kind of hoping that it'll be something creative.

Just wait until Naruto can do the tailed beast ball in Planetary form... hax to the max.

I mentioned this earlier today/yesterday.

Everyone who is anyone has a forbidden/haxxed *THAT* jutsu...

gliscor&yanmega
5th October 2011, 2:58 PM
Poor Zetsu, if it wasn't for Naruto they'd be killing a bunch of people right now, getting a nice meal even >:(

Well at less they're still giving some trouble to the alliance...probably not much anymore with Naruto all over the place now.

I hope White Zetsu and Black Zetsu show up next chapter, and tell Madara what's going on(Sasuke's eyes are ready and Kabuto summoned the coffin(We don't know for sure what it is but it seems pretty obvious)). Zetsu must have some idea what's going on with Kabuto, he places Hoshi on him for a reason, although I guess White Zetsu can just tell Madara everything while Black Zetsu continues to fight Mei and the others, but I feel like he's going to leave that fight soon.

I don't think we'll see inside the coffin next chapter, Kishi seems like he wants to drag it out.

I enjoyed this chapter though.

Platinum fan.
5th October 2011, 3:53 PM
I totally overlooked the part where Naruto saved Hinata. It's ironic since it's the reverse of what Hinata did for Naruto, but it still felt really hollow, especially since Naruto and Hinata didn't really interact with each other. I think they should've talked a bit after the Pain arc since it would've cleared up some stuff. Right now, I don't really know if Naruto likes Hinata back in a romantic sort of way, which just frustrates me.

I did as well. You would think they would at least clear up Naruto and Hinata instead of acting like it never happened. But I guess Kishimoto is only focused on the Naruto/Sakura/Sasuke love triangle.

Emperor Empoleon
5th October 2011, 4:10 PM

My hope is that Kishi will end the ever ridiculous Pairing Wars and confirm Naruto's feelings soon >.< And I think that NH fans have waited long enough for some type of closure..They were really left hanging after Pain's Invasion. Kishi could be plotting something though..I'd like to see what happens.

*doesn't care if war is happening right now*

WTF @ Muu being back.

Banana Knight Arthur
5th October 2011, 5:14 PM
My hope is that Kishi will end the ever ridiculous Pairing Wars and confirm Naruto's feelings soon >.< And I think that NH fans have waited long enough for some type of closure..They were really left hanging after Pain's Invasion. Kishi could be plotting something though..I'd like to see what happens.

*doesn't care if war is happening right now*

WTF @ Muu being back.

Even if a canon GF appears, people will still pair Naruto with everyone under the sun, even Sasuke.

Emperor Empoleon
5th October 2011, 5:55 PM
^Meh, I don't mind people having their OTP. It's the arguments about which will be canon that I want to see an end to :s

Although, Kishi's a legit troll when it comes to his romance subplots(among other things), so who knows how it will all go down xD

Banana Knight Arthur
5th October 2011, 6:19 PM
^Meh, I don't mind people having their OTP. It's the arguments about which will be canon that I want to see an end to :s

Although, Kishi's a legit troll when it comes to his romance subplots(among other things), so who knows how it will all go down xD

Well the Sasuke/Naruto slashers will never be fulfilled.

The closest that got to a OTP was when they kissed by mistake in school way back when.

Crimsonlink
5th October 2011, 6:27 PM
Well the Sasuke/Naruto slashers will never be fulfilled.

The closest that got to a OTP was when they kissed by mistake in school way back when.

I think if Kishi had his way then that slash pairing would be very much possible. Naruto having an intense hard-on for Sasuke doesn't help matter.

Banana Knight Arthur
5th October 2011, 7:33 PM
I think if Kishi had his way then that slash pairing would be very much possible. Naruto having an intense hard-on for Sasuke doesn't help matter.

I figured there was more to why Naruto wants him/to save him so hardcore, aside from friendship.

Now that I think, Naruto has never really shown much interest in women, at least not in his castmates/classmates.

Crimsonlink
5th October 2011, 7:47 PM
He ignores Hinata, who is well endowed and loves him enough to sacrifice her life for him..... >.> Then there is Ino and every single female hot kunoichi that Naruto ignores. But then again Kishi never gives them enough development so it would be a worthless relationship.

Banana Knight Arthur
5th October 2011, 7:51 PM
He ignores Hinata, who is well endowed and loves him enough to sacrifice her life for him..... >.> Then there is Ino and every single female hot kunoichi that Naruto ignores. But then again Kishi never gives them enough development so it would be a worthless relationship.

I will die if he mirrors his Mom and Dad and somehow finds his way into Sakura's arms.

I hold hope, that he spurned her advances after the 5-Kage summit.

Crimsonlink
5th October 2011, 7:55 PM
I have said this before and I'll say it again. I'll buy a whole bunch of Naruto volumes and burn them, then send a video of it to Kishi with priority mail. If Naruto and Sakura end up together at the end.

Sakura already loves Sasuke to the point she turned traitor for him, its only because she was knocked out by Sasuke that she didn't defect to Sound with Sasuke. Probably would have slowed down Sasuke's escape anyways.

TsukiMirage
5th October 2011, 7:55 PM
He also saved Sakura-chan!

This week was the best week for Naruto/Anything slashers/shippers in more than a year or 2. Except for Naruto/Ino, since Ino was competent enough not to nearly be killed. Shame, since I actually like that pairing.

Banana Knight Arthur
5th October 2011, 8:01 PM
I have said this before and I'll say it again. I'll buy a whole bunch of Naruto volumes and burn them, then send a video of it to Kishi with priority mail. If Naruto and Sakura end up together at the end.

Sakura already loves Sasuke to the point she turned traitor for him, its only because she was knocked out by Sasuke that she didn't defect to Sound with Sasuke. Probably would have slowed down Sasuke's escape anyways.

Sakura would have served as a sacrifice for the greater good of Sasuke's growth and as a stone on his path into darkness.

He was ready to kill Karin, whose Sasuke-fangirling was a rival to Sakura's level, so I think if she left with him in the Sound-Five arc, she'd have died.

Back then she was pitiful, not the power-girl Tsunade breeded her to be.

LexSuicune
5th October 2011, 8:49 PM
I'm fed up with Naruto's nuisance and his meddling.

Go deal with Kabuto and Madara, and leave the rest to have a moment to shine on their own.

Banana Knight Arthur
5th October 2011, 8:51 PM
I'm fed up with Naruto's nuisance and his meddling.

Go deal with Kabuto and Madara, and leave the rest to have a moment to shine on their own.

Naruto lives for these moments.

His 1,000 clones jutsu is actually being 100% utilized.

multi-scale
5th October 2011, 9:28 PM
MUST....SEE....GHOST TRANSFORMATION TECHNIQUE. Like really. Next chapter. Please.

Lorde
6th October 2011, 12:41 AM

Ironically enough, you just reminded me that I need to purchase the newest Naruto volume. :p

But yeah, I don't want Naruto and Sakura to end up together. I think Sakura really likes Naruto, but not in "that way". Her heart belongs to Sasuke, and nothing will ever change that. I do wonder how things would've turned out had Sakura joined Orochimaru, though. She wouldn't have been very useful to Orochimaru at first, but I'm sure Sasuke would've prevented him from killing her. Sakura probably would've learned medical ninjutsu from Kabuto at some point, so she'd probably be deadly in battle.

Platinum fan.
6th October 2011, 1:11 AM
Sakura loves Sasuke it's true. But to be honest I still don't get it. I probably would have felt more sorry for poor Sakura if there was a actual relationship or backstory with Sakura involving Sasuke like there was one with Sasuke and Naruto when they were little kids but no, Sakura was just another Sasuke fangirl who only seemed to like him because he was handsome and cool! It's not like Sasuke did something nice for Sakura in the past that made her fall in love with him like he did with Karin. I just find the relationship very shallow on Sakura's part that she is willing to betray her village just to be with Sasuke, a guy who barely acknowledges her existence, and even now she still can't decide who she should side with, Naruto or Sasuke. I hope Naruto does not end up with Sakura. I don't care if she has some traits like his mother, it would be horrible.

Banana Knight Arthur
6th October 2011, 1:22 AM
Sakura loves Sasuke it's true. But to be honest I still don't get it. I probably would have felt more sorry for poor Sakura if there was a actual relationship or backstory with Sakura involving Sasuke like there was one with Sasuke and Naruto when they were little kids but no, Sakura was just another Sasuke fangirl who only seemed to like him because he was handsome and cool! It's not like Sasuke did something nice for Sakura in the past that made her fall in love with him like he did with Karin. I just find the relationship very shallow on Sakura's part that she is willing to betray her village just to be with Sasuke, a guy who barely acknowledges her existence, and even now she still can't decide who she should side with, Naruto or Sasuke. I hope Naruto does not end up with Sakura. I don't care if she has some traits like his mother, it would be horrible.

Sakura swears she is over Sasuke, but I have my doubts.

I think she will stay an Old Maid if Sasuke does not work out for her.

Emperor Empoleon
6th October 2011, 1:26 AM
She worries about Naruto, but loves Sasuke..I'm almost certain that Kishi confirmed this himself :s Naruto's not even pursuing a relationship with her anymore(he hasn't been for some time now..), so it's probably not going to happen in canon.

He ignores Hinata, who is well endowed and loves him enough to sacrifice her life for him..... >.>

Well..I wouldn't say ignore ._.

Ignoring Hinata would mean that his Blood-Vow to her, 6-Tails Rage at the sight of her "death", relief tears at her being alive, and his little rescue in that last chapter didn't happen :P

3lmi
6th October 2011, 5:18 AM
I do wonder how things would've turned out had Sakura joined Orochimaru

She would end up like Karin, used and abused, then later forgetten in the manga.

Sad tale for Hebi/Taki (Sasuke's group). It's like they don't exist anymore ...

Banana Knight Arthur
6th October 2011, 5:51 AM
We know Karin was adopted by Konohagakure no sato, but what are the whereabouts of Juugo and Suigetsu?

Kishimoto created too many characters, he has too many to give proper closure to all the arcs and storylines he has going.

peacemaker987
6th October 2011, 5:54 AM
It was great how Hebi/Taki actually functioned like a normal squad, they all seemed to care for each other; except Sasuke. I don't see how anyone can be so cold. His hatred is exaggerated to a point where it's just embarrassing to read about it >.>

On a separate note, isn't it weird that the psychological factor of facing the edos hasn't been accentuated? I mean, no one seems to be feeling remorse, and everyone's reflecting Naruto's overconfidence in ending the world war. I guess the world's just too perfect...

Banana Knight Arthur
6th October 2011, 6:01 AM
It was great how Hebi/Taki actually functioned like a normal squad, they all seemed to care for each other; except Sasuke. I don't see how anyone can be so remorseless. His hatred is as exaggerated to a point where it's just embarrassing to read about it >.>

On a separate note, isn't it weird that the psychological factor of facing the edos hasn't been accentuated? I mean, no one seems to be feeling remorse, and everyone's reflecting Naruto's overconfidence in ending the world war. I guess the world's just too perfect...

Sasuke did mildly show appreciation for Taka, and acknowledge the parallels between Taka and Team Kakashi, when they fought the Hachibi in Full-on Bijuu mode.

3lmi
6th October 2011, 6:09 AM
It was great how Hebi/Taki actually functioned like a normal squad, they all seemed to care for each other; except Sasuke. I don't see how anyone can be so remorseless. His hatred is as exaggerated to a point where it's just embarrassing to read about it >.>

No one is feeling remorse because they know they aren't alive but most probably because they don't feel pain.

I hate how Muu just 'came back alive' just because he can >.>

peacemaker987
6th October 2011, 6:22 AM
No one is feeling remorse because they know they aren't alive but most probably because they don't feel pain.

I hate how Muu just 'came back alive' just because he can >.>

I still think that's really iffy, I guess they're just aiming their hate towards Kabuto/Akatsuki for this crime. Hopefully Kishi'll play on this, how everything seems to derive from hate. I don't remember reading anywhere that the edo's can't feel pain?

ugh I know :p it might've been a bit better if he came back a bit earlier, at least before the mizukage fight.

3lmi
6th October 2011, 2:33 PM
I still think that's really iffy, I guess they're just aiming their hate towards Kabuto/Akatsuki for this crime. Hopefully Kishi'll play on this, how everything seems to derive from hate. I don't remember reading anywhere that the edo's can't feel pain?

ugh I know :p it might've been a bit better if he came back a bit earlier, at least before the mizukage fight.

That is a good point and probably the best reason why Kishi wants to build up the anger (for all the deaths / revivals).

The Mizukage was amazing by himself but it is finally time for Muu to use his 'special summoning'.

Shneak
6th October 2011, 9:44 PM
Man, it's sad when Tenten gets better use in filler episodes than the actual canon story.

Banana Knight Arthur
6th October 2011, 10:10 PM
Man, it's sad when Tenten gets better use in filler episodes than the actual canon story.

Tenten is another example of a good ninja whose character was neglected and all but forgotten.

I do love Tenten's theme music.

TsukiMirage
6th October 2011, 11:44 PM
Yeah I know. I mean, Tenten's a ninja who can hit a target 100 out of 100 times. She woudl make the ultimate sniper, especially with explosive tags attached to her kunai.

Banana Knight Arthur
6th October 2011, 11:49 PM
Yeah I know. I mean, Tenten's a ninja who can hit a target 100 out of 100 times. She woudl make the ultimate sniper, especially with explosive tags attached to her kunai.

Her short bout vs. Temari is one of my favorites!

It was such an emotionally charged fight, Tenten fighting her hardest, and Temari being rightfully presumptuous.

Awesome fight.

Shneak
7th October 2011, 1:26 AM
That's like the only major fight she had, and she pretty much almost died off screen. Temari is a wind element user though, so she was at a major disadvantage.

lolipiece
7th October 2011, 2:03 AM
So uh, anyone seen the anime's tenth opening?

...It's....weird.

Banana Knight Arthur
7th October 2011, 2:11 AM

...It's....weird.

I'm steering clear until they go back to 100% canon material.

I may check out the song, as some of my favorites have come from the anime.

Such as OP 3 Hotaru no Hikari(Firefly's Light) by Ikimono Gakari, and Diver by Nico Touches the Walls, as well as Lovers by 7!!(oops), and Toumei Datta Sekai(A transparent world) by Motohiro Hara

Crimsonlink
7th October 2011, 4:23 AM

...It's....weird.

Its pure filler, and really crappy filler at that. Sheesh you think they would have better filler than having Naruto be purely an idiot and doing nothing worthwhile.

The Battleship Island filler a few episodes back had Naruto struggle against freaking normal pirates...... NORMAL PIRATES!!!

What the hell happened to Sage mode and a Rasengan?

I thought it was a cool episode after reading the title but it was nothing more than a train wreak. I dropped the filler arc right away after that. The fisherman one was even more horrible.

Forget it, raging anymore about it would give me a headache. Lets all agree on that talking about Naruto filler should be avoided in this thread please.

Lorde
7th October 2011, 6:31 AM

I think Kishi ignores her on purpose. He's talked about how he wants to use her a lot more in the manga, but judging from the way she was handled during Darui's squad's battle against Kinkaku/Ginkaku/Asuma/Dan, Kishi was just trolling. She got to do something, but Kishi didn't actually show it. I bet we won't even see her after this arc. I just hate it when certain characters exist solely to be the butt of everyone's jokes.

Crimsonlink
7th October 2011, 6:50 AM
....... I just watched the 10th opening against my better judgment.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/Trollface.png

Thats what I felt after watching it. I'm simply stunned at how horrible the opening is and how it ruins so many characters. It tries to be funny I guess but damn does it suck SO DAMN BAD!!!!!!

I'm considering to drop the anime Naruto after this, seriously.

....... Sorry for raging guys but after being disappointed with the anime so much in terms of decent fillers, the new op just killed it.

Edit: Ok I just watched the ending to see if it was as bad as the opening..... WTF were they thinking! They should have switched the ending and the opening!!!!! The ending is the best I have seen in Naruto in a long time. Totally an opener, I dunno how that trash of an opening "Newshittysong" by Tacica beat out the ending song Place to Try by Total Fat.

7 tyranitars
7th October 2011, 11:46 AM
I don't mind the opening that much I thought it was rather funny, even tho some bits where bad. Killer bee was just awesome in the opening. :P the squid sucked. But after seeing the ending I agree that one is more fit for the opening.

Platinum fan.
7th October 2011, 2:46 PM
The fillers are one of the reasons I don't watch the anime much. You guys said Naruto struggled with pirates? Wow. Still the anime gives lesser characters screentime during fillers, like poor Tenten. I always liked Tenten but she is purposely trolled in the manga and at this point she always will be. Darn shame.

7 tyranitars
7th October 2011, 5:49 PM
Yeah I don't watch the fillers either, but I wanted to check out the new opening.

TsukiMirage
7th October 2011, 5:59 PM
Aren't the fillers ending soon? I for one am glad their still in the filler saga, because the canon material deserve a better OP then that. I'm in agreement with the people who thought the ED would have made a better OP, especially considering all the spoilers they threw in.

Lorde
7th October 2011, 6:49 PM
The fillers are one of the reasons I don't watch the anime much. You guys said Naruto struggled with pirates? Wow. Still the anime gives lesser characters screentime during fillers, like poor Tenten. I always liked Tenten but she is purposely trolled in the manga and at this point she always will be. Darn shame.

I pretty much stopped watching the anime once it became clear that they were going to show tons of filler episodes between the major arcs. I understand that filler arcs often feature characters that the manga doesn't usually pay any real attention to, but I still think they're terrible. And I haven't seen the newest opening theme for the anime, but it sounds terrible.

Crimsonlink
7th October 2011, 8:06 PM
Worst part about the opening is that team 8 gets the damn boot AGAIN. If you pause it you'll notice when everyone is doing that stupid dance, (even GAARA!!! btw) they took out all of team 8 for the Suna team. >.>

Banana Knight Arthur
7th October 2011, 9:37 PM
Worst part about the opening is that team 8 gets the damn boot AGAIN. If you pause it you'll notice when everyone is doing that stupid dance, (even GAARA!!! btw) they took out all of team 8 for the Suna team. >.>

This sounds highly amusing!

I must go and find this ridiculous opening sequence.

LexSuicune
7th October 2011, 10:17 PM
Do you guys enjoy ANY of the fillers?

I can only remember enjoying a couple of them.

The Hunt for the Bikûchu was one of them it had some Hinata character development, Shino was also widely useful, even Kira, we had some information regarding the line of the first Tsuchikage it was very good.

Also, the Tsuchigumo Kinjutsu filler arc, where we got to see Utakata and the Rokubi and some back story to his character, personality and the way he was captured by Akatsuki.

Lorde
8th October 2011, 1:49 AM
Do you guys enjoy ANY of the fillers?

I can only remember enjoying a couple of them.

The Hunt for the Bikûchu was one of them it had some Hinata character development, Shino was also widely useful, even Kira, we had some information regarding the line of the first Tsuchikage it was very good.

Also, the Tsuchigumo Kinjutsu filler arc, where we got to see Utakata and the Rokubi and some back story to his character, personality and the way he was captured by Akatsuki.

The only filler episode that I enjoyed was the one where Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke tried to see Kakashi's true face. I thought it was funny, but that's really the only filler episode that I liked. And I think I actually hate the filler arc that featured Utakata more than I hate the others. I just didn't think that it did his character any justice until the end of the arc, and by that point, he was captured by Pain. It was just really depressing, even though I knew that he would get captured eventually.

LexSuicune
8th October 2011, 2:06 AM
I actually loved his lone wolf, cold, standoffish personality, it gave a stark counterpart with his kind and sweet nature.

And it was nice seeing his relationship with the Rokubi as well, it has to be the most submissive tailed beast.

PS: I hate your signature so much lol Gaga is such a troll.

3lmi
8th October 2011, 3:03 AM
And I think I actually hate the filler arc that featured Utakata more than I hate the others. I just didn't think that it did his character any justice until the end of the arc, and by that point, he was captured by Pain. It was just really depressing, even though I knew that he would get captured eventually.

It was depressing, seeing him get bombed by Asura Path :[.

off topic: That girl with Utakata had a creepy back...

Back on topic, can't wait to see the dead Jinchurikis in action :]]]]

LexSuicune
8th October 2011, 3:06 AM
I hope they get a lenghty participation in the war, something that let us see their skills and backstories in depth, I don't want Naruto to waltz in and blaze through them like sheets of wet paper.

3lmi
8th October 2011, 4:26 AM
I hope they get a lenghty participation in the war, something that let us see their skills and backstories in depth, I don't want Naruto to waltz in and blaze through them like sheets of wet paper.

Everyone had there one chapter 'spotlight' and sadly it is back to Naruto. Hopefully we will see some action from the Mizukage, since she is the only one who hasn't fought yet.

LexSuicune
8th October 2011, 4:33 AM
*0* YES!

Mei is my favourite Kage, she's a deadly, sexy, powerful beast.

And I happen to be horribly biased towards Kiri nins, because, well, I love them so much <333.

I hope Mei gets a great battle, perhaps against Yagura.

Mizukage vs. Mizukage.

3lmi
8th October 2011, 4:45 AM
*0* YES!

Mei is my favourite Kage, she's a deadly, sexy, powerful beast.

And I happen to be horribly biased towards Kiri nins, because, well, I love them so much <333.

I hope Mei gets a great battle, perhaps against Yagura.

Mizukage vs. Mizukage.

That would be extremely interesting, mostly because the Mizukage deserves the spotlight and also Yagura would be a powerful opponent (he was a Kage at a young age, so he must be powerful :>).

Also two kekkei genkai's (Boil and Lava). Will be amazing, if Kishi ever gets the damn Jinchuriki's out and fighting already.

Lorde
8th October 2011, 5:41 AM
I highly doubt that Mei will battle against the former Mizukage. He's part of Madara's Six Paths now, so I don't think that Mei will get the chance to battle against him. I'm pretty sure that Naruto will be Madara's last opponent, and I think Naruto will be able to handle the Six Paths all by himself. The only opponent that I want Mei to beat is Black Zetsu, although that's probably just wishful thinking.

Crimsonlink
8th October 2011, 6:31 AM
6 paths of Madara vs the 5 kages and 1 Samurai lord?

multi-scale
8th October 2011, 3:30 PM

That sounds really cool. I doubt that NAruto can handle all the paths at once, so it would be nice to see the kages use some new powers.

3lmi
8th October 2011, 7:00 PM

Instead of Samurai Lord, add in Narutooo.

Lorde
8th October 2011, 8:23 PM
I don't like the idea of the Gokage fighting Madara's Six Paths. My dislike of that theory stems from the fact that I'm pretty sure Onoki will die soon since Mu is still alive. Onoki was already running low on chakra, so I can't see him surviving for much longer. And many of the other Kage are fighting different opponents, so I couldn't see them teaming up. And to be quite honest, I've always wanted Naruto and Madara to fight. So I really hope that the Gokage fight someone else while Naruto fights Madara.

LexSuicune
9th October 2011, 4:19 AM
Here's a coloring I did of Mizutrollge, what do you guys think?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/219/mizukage.jpg/

3lmi
9th October 2011, 7:27 AM

Looks amazing, great colours, and you even got the creepy eyes!

Mark1006
9th October 2011, 2:27 PM
Am I the only one still a bit disappointed Naruto can't transform fully into the Nine Tails yet?I assume he still will at some stage though, because there was an entire chapter a while back of Naruto trying to make furry knobhead less evil I believe.

barak446
9th October 2011, 2:39 PM
when will out the new game of naruto for psp???
and when the new game for ps3?

multi-scale
9th October 2011, 3:45 PM
I don't like the idea of the Gokage fighting Madara's Six Paths. My dislike of that theory stems from the fact that I'm pretty sure Onoki will die soon since Mu is still alive. Onoki was already running low on chakra, so I can't see him surviving for much longer. And many of the other Kage are fighting different opponents, so I couldn't see them teaming up. And to be quite honest, I've always wanted Naruto and Madara to fight. So I really hope that the Gokage fight someone else while Naruto fights Madara.

I'm assuming Oonoki will liveon for now since Muu was so weakened byu the splitting that he can't really fight. The summoning might kill Onoki though.

Shneak
9th October 2011, 4:32 PM

I think his skin needs to look a bit more... dead.

3lmi
9th October 2011, 7:05 PM
I'm assuming Oonoki will liveon for now since Muu was so weakened byu the splitting that he can't really fight. The summoning might kill Onoki though.

I can't imagine Onoki dying because we haven't seen a possible Tshucikage (we haven't really seen any amazing ninjas from the Earth..).

Mark1006
9th October 2011, 11:04 PM
I can't imagine Onoki dying because we haven't seen a possible Tshucikage (we haven't really seen any amazing ninjas from the Earth..).

What I believe is his son in-law is general of one of the divisions, and I think he had some impressive power.

3lmi
10th October 2011, 1:10 AM
What I believe is his son in-law is general of one of the divisions, and I think he had some impressive power.

If he teaches his son Dust Release, he would be a great candidate.

Has he appeared in the manga yet?

Lorde
10th October 2011, 1:35 AM

I really like the colors. They totally capture the essence of the second Mizukage's trolling abilities.

You mean Kitsuchi? I thought he was pretty impressive, but I'm not sure if he's Tsuchikage material. Kurotsuchi herself seemed to be pretty powerful since she can use Lava Release, but she seems to be a little too young for the job. But I'm sure that there is someone in Iwagakure who is strong enough to replace Onoki; we just haven't met that person yet.

TsukiMirage
10th October 2011, 2:38 AM
Gaara was 12-15 when he became Kazekage, so I don't see any problem with Kurotsuchi becoming Tsuchikage when she seems about 17-20. She was strong enough to be chosen to accompany her grandfather to the summit, so she should have plenty of skills.

LexSuicune
10th October 2011, 5:27 AM
I'm still pissed we didn't learn the Nidaime Mizukage's name :/

And I absolutely agree about Onoki dying soon, he's taking Mu with him.

3lmi
10th October 2011, 5:58 AM
Gaara was 12-15 when he became Kazekage, so I don't see any problem with Kurotsuchi becoming Tsuchikage when she seems about 17-20. She was strong enough to be chosen to accompany her grandfather to the summit, so she should have plenty of skills.

Hopefully Onoki won't be an *** and teach her Dust Release, one of the most badass Kekkei-genkai (it's a kekkei-tota iirc?) so it won't die out.

Lorde
10th October 2011, 6:33 AM

I should've used the word "inexperienced" instead. And I'm not just talking about her fighting skills, either. Kurotsuchi just seems like someone who likes to have fun rather than take on responsibilities. So she probably wouldn't make a good Tsuchikage until she's older, and by then, there would probably already be a new Tsuchikage.

Shneak
10th October 2011, 7:21 PM
I think there's only been two female Kages in the history of ever. It would be nice to have a possibly useful female. I like Kurotsuchi too, from what we've seen of her.

multi-scale
10th October 2011, 11:50 PM
Akatsuchi for Tsutchikage! They would call him Akatsuchikage!
I feel like we're never going to get a useful female charcter....

Lorde
11th October 2011, 12:17 AM
I think there's only been two female Kages in the history of ever. It would be nice to have a possibly useful female. I like Kurotsuchi too, from what we've seen of her.

It's too bad that Kishi never lets the female characters shine. He had tons of opportunities to showcase the female characters during this war, but he hasn't really done that. Right off the top of my head, the only female character who has shown any real development during this war is Ino since she was able to keep up with Asuma, and she was able to save Choji when he didn't have the courage to fight Asuma. And although Tenten did "something" for a change, we didn't actually get to see her in action. So that was a waste. I just want to see Tsunade fight.

TsukiMirage
11th October 2011, 12:59 AM
Hopefully Onoki won't be an *** and teach her Dust Release, one of the most badass Kekkei-genkai (it's a kekkei-tota iirc?) so it won't die out. I don't think Onoki can teach it, unless she has the same three elements as him.

I should've used the word "inexperienced" instead. And I'm not just talking about her fighting skills, either. Kurotsuchi just seems like someone who likes to have fun rather than take on responsibilities. So she probably wouldn't make a good Tsuchikage until she's older, and by then, there would probably already be a new Tsuchikage. Well even inexperience shouldn't be a major issue as I don't think Gaara was all that experience either, though he wouldn't have needed to be since they originally made him Kazekage in title only. I guess it would depend on how much of her life she has been around her grandfather and seen him in action, ruling Iwagakure and such. But i will agree that her personality doesn't seem suited to someone who needs to handle responsibilities and giving orders.

3lmi
12th October 2011, 4:00 AM
I don't think Onoki can teach it, unless she has the same three elements as him.

Well even inexperience shouldn't be a major issue as I don't think Gaara was all that experience either, though he wouldn't have needed to be since they originally made him Kazekage in title only. I guess it would depend on how much of her life she has been around her grandfather and seen him in action, ruling Iwagakure and such. But i will agree that her personality doesn't seem suited to someone who needs to handle responsibilities and giving orders.

Aww :[

Inexperience isn't really an issue, and I agree with you. Usually in each village there are elders, and I see them as the true head of the village (most wise and have alot of experience).

JD
12th October 2011, 12:18 PM
Chapters out Kakashi and Sai face the Edo swordsman and Madara confronts Oonoki and Gaara without Muu and his mask. I'm confused is the Madara with the mask a fake?

Lorde
12th October 2011, 12:25 PM
So the real Madara is Kabuto's trump card?! That totally blew me away. I was expecting someone powerful, but never Madara. This is a plot-twist to rival all plot-twists.

7 tyranitars
12th October 2011, 2:04 PM
I knew it! Tobi isn't Madara, this is just epic, I loved the chapter and even though I expected it somehow I was still shocked by really seeing Madara.

gliscor&yanmega
12th October 2011, 2:37 PM
I knew it! Tobi isn't Madara, this is just epic, I loved the chapter and even though I expected it somehow I was still shocked by really seeing Madara.

We don't know for sure Tobi isn't Madara. There's still speculation he is. He's just more obvious of being that "Shell" of his former self. I still think Tobi is Madara and has been working on getting Madara back himself so he can be "Complete" like he said he wanted to be.

Also, nice to see Black Zetsu again, looks like he's not having a hard time at all.