PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105

Lorde
18th December 2011, 7:33 PM
Kakashi and Guy have joined the fight, the 9-tails is about to work with Naruto, Saskue showed up, Tobi is losing control of the tailed Beast, and the fighting is getting intense! Everyone knows what this means? Next week, Madara v. Gokage with Gokage on the ropes!!! waiting for the troll moment, just waiting for it :/

Words cannot describe how angry I'd be if Kishi switched to another fight. He's done it several times in this arc alone, and that's the thing that has made this arc so messy in my opinion.

Platinum fan.
18th December 2011, 8:01 PM
I'll be honest, I stopped caring about Madara vs the Gokage the minute Naruto headbutted Tobi. There are to many fights going on and to much crap to deal with and a lot of stuff is getting missed and skipped, like half this war for example. Just stick with the Tobi fight, it's really the only one that matters right now minus Sasuke's and Kabuto's future ones. The only thing I want to know from Madara is who Tobi is. This is one of the most sloppy, rushed, last minute put-together arcs I've ever read.

Shneak
18th December 2011, 8:17 PM
Words cannot describe how angry I'd be if Kishi switched to another fight. He's done it several times in this arc alone, and that's the thing that has made this arc so messy in my opinion.

I think he'll have to switch to Madara vs Kages eventually. Perhaps Sasuke vs Taka too. But I don't think it will switch soon.

I think this chapter may be the last before the break.

Lorde
18th December 2011, 8:29 PM
I'll be honest, I stopped caring about Madara vs the Gokage the minute Naruto headbutted Tobi.

I've also started to lose interest in that fight, but that's mostly because I'm sure that Kishi will end it off-screen like most of the other Edo Tensei ninja fights.

I think this chapter may be the last before the break.

What break?

Shneak
18th December 2011, 8:41 PM
Isn't there usually a break into the New Year?

Platinum fan.
18th December 2011, 9:58 PM
I've also started to lose interest in that fight, but that's mostly because I'm sure that Kishi will end it off-screen like most of the other Edo Tensei ninja fights.

What break?

They should have given Madara vs the Gokage a full battle and ending before moving to Naruto and Bee vs Tobi and the Jinchirikis. Now I really don't care about that fight and I should because it has Madara in it fighting the five Gokages. It doesn't measure up to Naruto taking on the big bad of the series and the other 7 Jinchiriki's with Bee, and with the Kyuubi coming around to Naruto's side, this is the more interesting fight.

TsukiMirage
18th December 2011, 10:18 PM
Isn't there usually a break into the New Year? Yeah, there's gonna be a break. Either we have to wait a week for the next chapter and then another week afterwards, or more likely we'll get an early release and have to wait two more weeks. Depends on how things go.

Shadow Lucario
18th December 2011, 10:27 PM
I think Kishi is handling this arc fine. If he just did fight after fight after fight it would take entirely too long and end up like the winter war arc in Bleach. At least we can get parts from certain fights at the same time instead of waiting five weeks for the next.

Crimsonlink
18th December 2011, 10:46 PM
I think Kishi is handling this arc fine. If he just did fight after fight after fight it would take entirely too long and end up like the winter war arc in Bleach. At least we can get parts from certain fights at the same time instead of waiting five weeks for the next.

Thats actually pretty horrible IMO. Why get parts of a fight when you can have the whole fight? Especially fights you want to see all of, not just small bits.

Shadow Lucario
18th December 2011, 10:52 PM
Thats actually pretty horrible IMO. Why get parts of a fight when you can have the whole fight? Especially fights you want to see all of, not just small bits.

Because you'll have the entire fight eventually anyway unless it's not that significant. This is a war after all. There's a lot going on at once.

Crimsonlink
18th December 2011, 10:58 PM
Because you'll have the entire fight eventually anyway unless it's not that significant. This is a war after all. There's a lot going on at once.

Wait how can we have the entire fight anyways if it is skipped?

Well I mean Kishi could leave it to the anime to fill in the fights but knowing the animation team, that is unlikely.

Shadow Lucario
18th December 2011, 11:10 PM
Wait how can we have the entire fight anyways if it is skipped?

Well I mean Kishi could leave it to the anime to fill in the fights but knowing the animation team, that is unlikely.

I'm not talking about skipping fights. I'm talking about showing some of one fight and then another then going back. That's what Kishi has been doing as well. There have been some skipped fights, but I doubt they would have been too entertaining.

Crimsonlink
18th December 2011, 11:14 PM
I'm not talking about skipping fights. I'm talking about showing some of one fight and then another then going back. That's what Kishi has been doing as well. There have been some skipped fights, but I doubt they would have been too entertaining.

Thats the thing, some very good fights were skipped like the 7 swordsman vs Kakashi's squad. Kiba, Shino, Hinata, Neji, Lee, Sakura and Temari all got sidelined while characters like Kankuro, Sai, and team 10 got to shine.

Lorde
19th December 2011, 4:45 PM
Isn't there usually a break into the New Year?

Oh, I forgot about that. Now I'm disappointed.

And I've been very harsh on Kishi this year, but that's because the manga has been extremely messy. I expected an epic war arc, but so far we've only gotten mediocre battles. I thought Kishi had planned everything out in detail before the arc even started, but it seems that he just went with whatever ideas he had on his mind at the moment of writing the chapters.

Shneak
19th December 2011, 9:19 PM
I think Kishi is handling the arc well, but it isn't exactly up to my fanfiction expectations. It's felt inconsistent.

Platinum fan.
19th December 2011, 9:36 PM
The arc isn't terrible but it could be so much better. It's just all these Edo tensei zombies were just a waste of time to bring back. I think my expectations for this arc was just to high. Also I wish the other teams had a big fight like Team 10 got. Oh well.

MisterM
20th December 2011, 12:52 PM
Do we know where Sasuke is going? I mean, his teammates seem to be looking for him, but what about our little punk? Is he gonna find Kabuto? Or Naruto?

Lorde
20th December 2011, 6:53 PM
I think Sasuke will try and find Naruto since he wants to fight him. He'll more than likely ignore Kabuto, which works out fine for me since Itachi is the one who should kill Kabuto. I don't want Sasuke and Itachi to meet again yet as it would result in more dialogue, so I'm happy if Sasuke searches for Naruto first.

JD
20th December 2011, 10:06 PM
I think Sasuke will try and find Naruto since he wants to fight him. He'll more than likely ignore Kabuto, which works out fine for me since Itachi is the one who should kill Kabuto. I don't want Sasuke and Itachi to meet again yet as it would result in more dialogue, so I'm happy if Sasuke searches for Naruto first.

I actually think Sasuke is going to bump into Jugo and Suigetsu first if anything and then end bumping into Naruto. I meant to ask this before do we get a new chapter this week?

gliscor&yanmega
20th December 2011, 10:30 PM
I meant to ask this before do we get a new chapter this week?

Not sure. This is what it says about it on another forum:

Jump is technically on break this week. However, due probably to printing issues, we typically receive a very early leak for this chapter. Last year, we received an early spoiler on Friday (the 24th, EST) during this break week. There is no guarantee that we will receive an early leak this year, or that it will be at a similar time. Regardless of whether there is an early leak or not, we can expect chapter 569 sometime around January 11th, 2012.

Please do not agonize over the release time of the chapter in this thread. Just predict!

Lorde
20th December 2011, 10:45 PM
I actually think Sasuke is going to bump into Jugo and Suigetsu first if anything and then end bumping into Naruto. I meant to ask this before do we get a new chapter this week?

I also think that they'll reunite, but I don't see them sticking together for long. Sasuke will probably try to get rid of them so that he can find Naruto on his own. I just hope that Suigetsu and Jugo survive that encounter.

And we usually get early chapters around Christmas, so I'm going to assume that we'll also get an early chapter this year.

JD
21st December 2011, 12:49 AM
I also think that they'll reunite, but I don't see them sticking together for long. Sasuke will probably try to get rid of them so that he can find Naruto on his own. I just hope that Suigetsu and Jugo survive that encounter.

And we usually get early chapters around Christmas, so I'm going to assume that we'll also get an early chapter this year.

I don't know if they will I like them as characters but knowing Sasuke he'll probably just dispose of them like he did with Karin since he really doesn't need them anymore. To be honest I was actually hoping that Jugo would bump into Kimmimaro it would be interesting to see them react since they were friends if I recall correctly.

Lorde
21st December 2011, 7:00 PM
I don't know if they will I like them as characters but knowing Sasuke he'll probably just dispose of them like he did with Karin since he really doesn't need them anymore. To be honest I was actually hoping that Jugo would bump into Kimmimaro it would be interesting to see them react since they were friends if I recall correctly.

I think Kimimaro's been sealed. I also wanted Dan and Tsunade to meet again, but I'm pretty sure that he's also been sealed.

And I read that Kishi wants to write more about Kakashi next year. He apparently said this at Jump Festa, but he said the same thing two years ago. I wonder if he'll actually do it this time.

7 tyranitars
21st December 2011, 7:41 PM
Chapter not out yet?

gliscor&yanmega
21st December 2011, 8:06 PM
I think Kimimaro's been sealed. I also wanted Dan and Tsunade to meet again, but I'm pretty sure that he's also been sealed.

And I read that Kishi wants to write more about Kakashi next year. He apparently said this at Jump Festa, but he said the same thing two years ago. I wonder if he'll actually do it this time.

The last we saw of Kimimaro and Dan, one was getting hit by a Naruto Clone's attack, and the other inside a giant cube thing. Dan was in the thing before but was able to escape(Thanks to Tobi coming in with Gedo Mazo), so it's possible for him to get out again, although I doubt it. Kimimaro may or may not be sealed at this point although we don't know for sure. Although we got the status update for each division, all of which were said to have someone still on their battlefield, all though it wasn't too clear on who was left plus some divisions are spread out(Division 2 and 5).

Regardless, I'd say the Edo Tensei are all done for(Aside from Edo Madara, and the Edo Jinchuriki, and Edo Torune who may or may not even be used). The way things are going, it would just be odd to switch from important battles to minor ones. It's a shame we might not see some potential battles, but this is a war and everything is happening at the same time, we're bound to miss stuff.

Chapter not out yet?

Most likely not getting a chapter today, possibly not any time soon.

DragonKingUS
21st December 2011, 8:27 PM
i havent seen that yet must be a new one

TsukiMirage
21st December 2011, 9:34 PM
Chapter not out yet? The earliest it could come is Friday.

PokeMaster366
21st December 2011, 10:04 PM
It's going to be funny if they put one of those "SJ is not posting any new chapters this week" messages on MangaStream or wherever you read your manga at.

JD
21st December 2011, 10:22 PM
I heard the chapter was coming out on Christmas Eve and then we go on a two week break or something like that.

Lorde
22nd December 2011, 12:08 AM
I heard the chapter was coming out on Christmas Eve and then we go on a two week break or something like that.

That sounds about right. I guess we should just wait until then. I think it's safe to say that the Kyuubi will help Naruto in the next chapter, but I expect something else to happen as well since we usually get really good cliffhangers before breaks.

LexSuicune
22nd December 2011, 1:48 AM
What's with the Gobi and Madara?

TsukiMirage
22nd December 2011, 4:22 AM
What's with the Gobi and Madara? What do you mean?

Tobi was controlling the Gobi using the chakra rods and his Sharingan, but after it had completely transfromed, the Gobi was able to break said control and attempted to attack Tobi. So Tobi used the chakra chains to bring the Gobi down and hold it while he used his Sharingan to regain control and suppress the Gobi back into it's Version Two form.

7 tyranitars
22nd December 2011, 9:17 PM
The earliest it could come is Friday.

Oo how come? I thought there wasn't a break this week.

gliscor&yanmega
22nd December 2011, 10:11 PM
Oo how come? I thought there wasn't a break this week.

I posted this on last page, it's from another site:

Jump is technically on break this week. However, due probably to printing issues, we typically receive a very early leak for this chapter. Last year, we received an early spoiler on Friday (the 24th, EST) during this break week. There is no guarantee that we will receive an early leak this year, or that it will be at a similar time. Regardless of whether there is an early leak or not, we can expect chapter 569 sometime around January 11th, 2012.

Please do not agonize over the release time of the chapter in this thread. Just predict!

So there is a break technically. We could get it early still, but it's not 100%. We probably shouldn't expect to see a chapter until January 11th, 2012, just so we don't get too upset over no possible chapter for a while.

GreatLiver
23rd December 2011, 3:59 AM
This is a post from APforums. Since a lot of you don't seem to understand how double issues work, especially around the holidays.

For those of you who are new to this, or simply do not understand, JUMP releases two "double" issues back-to-back in December/January to cover the holidays. "Double" does not mean double the content, it means double the time you have to wait for a new issue, haha. But seriously, it does. What does this mean? This means that we shouldn't be getting Chapter 651 this week... but we are. Correction, we are. Because we are getting spoilers this week, super early, we will have to wait three weeks for Chapter 652. Is it possible 652 will come earlier than listed below? Most likely not, no.

So what's the predicted release scheduled for entitled spoiled brats on the internet? Behold:

This year:

January 10th, 2012 (Tuesday) Issue 6 - Chapter 652
December 22nd, 2011 (Thursday) Issue 4/5 - Chapter 651 w/ Color Spread
December 13th, 2011 (Tuesday) Issue 2/3 - Chapter 650
December 6th, 2011 (Tuesday) Issue 1 - Chapter 649

Last Year:

January 11th, 2011 (Tuesday) Issue 7
December 23rd, 2010 (Thursday) Issue 5/6
December 14th, 2010 (Tuesday) Issue 3/4
December 7th, 2010 (Tuesday) Issue 2

The chapter numbers are from OP, but the dates are all the same for Naruto.

7 tyranitars
23rd December 2011, 3:25 PM
I posted this on last page, it's from another site:

So there is a break technically. We could get it early still, but it's not 100%. We probably shouldn't expect to see a chapter until January 11th, 2012, just so we don't get too upset over no possible chapter for a while.

Meh I asked if there would be a break.. but people said no.. must have missed your post.

Shneak
24th December 2011, 2:54 AM
This is a post from APforums. Since a lot of you don't seem to understand how double issues work, especially around the holidays.

The chapter numbers are from OP, but the dates are all the same for Naruto.

Drat, it's late. Well I think Christmas Eve will be the magic day.

Edit:

ナルトは、口腔内のトラブルを抱えているが、彼は彼が残っている残りのチャクラで脱出する管理 し、9尾に取得
(Naruto has problems in the mouth, escapes thanks to the remaining chakra left and goes into 9-tails mode)
他の尾獣が今、それらを攻撃しているため、状況は、悪化
(the situation is getting worse, the tailed beasts are attacking now)
彼らはこの戦いに勝つために計画する方法についてのカカシとガイとの議論がある
(talking between Kakashi and Gai about plan related on how to win this battle)

Lorde
24th December 2011, 7:20 PM
Edit:

ナルトは、口腔内のトラブルを抱えているが、彼は彼が残っている残りのチャクラで脱出する管理 し、9尾に取得
(Naruto has problems in the mouth, escapes thanks to the remaining chakra left and goes into 9-tails mode)
他の尾獣が今、それらを攻撃しているため、状況は、悪化
(the situation is getting worse, the tailed beasts are attacking now)
彼らはこの戦いに勝つために計画する方法についてのカカシとガイとの議論がある
(talking between Kakashi and Gai about plan related on how to win this battle)

Are they saying that he fully transforms into the Kyuubi, or that he simply gets the Kyuubi cloak thing back?

Shneak
24th December 2011, 7:43 PM
Are they saying that he fully transforms into the Kyuubi, or that he simply gets the Kyuubi cloak thing back?

Cloak, I'm assuming. The Kyuubi probably fed him chakra.

DANdotW
25th December 2011, 10:05 AM
Did anyone see the two new (I assume) Rock Lee Springtime of Youth chapters?

Lorde
25th December 2011, 7:11 PM
Cloak, I'm assuming. The Kyuubi probably fed him chakra.

The cloak would make the most sense, but I'm expecting Naruto to transform into the Kyuubi soon since the Kyuubi is already helping him. It's going to be strange to see Naruto and the Kyuubi working together; I never thought I'd live to see the day when they'd both be fighting side by side.

Did anyone see the two new (I assume) Rock Lee Springtime of Youth chapters?

I skimmed through them. They were all right.

Shneak
26th December 2011, 3:44 AM
Merry Christmas. ;225;

chapter will be released around december 28

spoilers posted before had errors and were not accurate, correct ones are here:

naruto talks with nine tails and he will give him the powers to break seal, and transform fully
into the full 9 tails mode

tailed beasts getting more agressive than ever, tobi doesn't want to waste time

kakashi discussing kamui on tobi with gai, a plan, but tobi can regenerate

tobi says that killer bee will be captured soon and sealed

Holy ****.

Banana Knight Arthur
26th December 2011, 5:13 AM
Holy indeed!

If only Number of tails equalled power, Naruto would be saved.

I.e. one tails had 1000 chakra units, whereas the best of normal ppl have maybe 150 units.

Niibi has 2,300 — Sanbi has 3,000 — Yonbi has 5,300 — Gobi has 6,800 — Rokubi has 11,000 — Nanabi has 14,500 Hachibi has 17,000 and Kyuubi has 25,000

lolipiece
26th December 2011, 12:42 PM
Hah. Those spoilers were all 100% FAKE.

So, Nine Tails has a name?

And it's Kurama?

Let the Yu Yu Hakusho jokes commence.

dewey911p
26th December 2011, 12:51 PM
I never thought I'd live to see the day when they'd both be fighting side by side.

lol, how long do you expect Kishi to drag this manga on for :p

if the spoilers are true (im always sceptical until i see it myself) this should be an amazing chapter!!

lolipiece
26th December 2011, 12:56 PM
lol, how long do you expect Kishi to drag this manga on for :p

if the spoilers are true (im always sceptical until i see it myself) this should be an amazing chapter!!

The chapter is out.

The spoilers are false.

dewey911p
26th December 2011, 1:06 PM
The chapter is out.

The spoilers are false.

and thats why i wait until i see it :p still, not a bad chapter though. Its kinda wierd to see the 4 tails talking about lending Naruto power when the 9-tails doesnt even want to. Can anyone else see Naruto becoming the host for more then 1 tailed beast or am i just going crazy? Cant wait to see what will happen next.

Oh wait, i have to wait, about 2 weeks now :/

7 tyranitars
26th December 2011, 1:25 PM
Haha the monkey is named Son Goku and his host is Roshi :P How obvious of a Dragonball reference. I liked this chapter. I always enjoy learning more about the Bijuu so yeah. :D

lucky_u
26th December 2011, 2:51 PM
Haha the monkey is named Son Goku and his host is Roshi :P How obvious of a Dragonball reference. I liked this chapter. I always enjoy learning more about the Bijuu so yeah. :D
Roshi is something that I'm not sure, but Son Goku isn't referring to Dragonball, but the original story that Akira Toriyama took inspiration from.
In fact, they seems to be the same monkey (based on the dialogue).
But Four Tail should have referred himself as Goku instead of Son, since Son is the surname, not the first name.

I'm interested how the story would play out.
Well, it's another two weeks for another chapter, isn't?

gliscor&yanmega
26th December 2011, 4:22 PM
I enjoyed this chapter. We got the names of Yonbi and Kyuubi, going to have to start calling them by their real names now. Hopefully the others get their names revealed in the next few chapters.

It's nice to see Son's personality, I was hoping we'd see the personalities of the Bijuu and Jinchuriki, perhaps it's not too far fetched to expect it now, hopefully Naruto can talk to the Jinchuriki like he's doing with Son.

What Son said at the end was kind of weird. Basically "Hey, untie me and I'll help you", sounds like he just wants to be free and go on a rampage, although his thoughts seem to imply he wants to help Naruto so hopefully he's not going to double cross Naruto.

Kurama isn't helping Naruto yet, but he seems to gradually getting there. Watch Naruto befriend all the Bijuu with Kurama as the last one.

lolipiece
26th December 2011, 4:40 PM
...Goku. ...Kurama...

...Does this mean Ichibi's name is actually Shukaku?

Lorde
26th December 2011, 4:57 PM
This week's chapter was actually kind of boring in my opinion. I mean, it was cool to learn that the Bijuu have names of their own, but I expected Naruto and the Kyuubi to start fighting together. I'm glad that Naruto's getting to know the Yonbi, but it seems that this fight will drag on for a while longer.

Banana Knight Arthur
26th December 2011, 5:04 PM
...Goku. ...Kurama...

Most likely =D

gliscor&yanmega
26th December 2011, 7:13 PM
This week's chapter was actually kind of boring in my opinion. I mean, it was cool to learn that the Bijuu have names of their own, but I expected Naruto and the Kyuubi to start fighting together. I'm glad that Naruto's getting to know the Yonbi, but it seems that this fight will drag on for a while longer.

I think Kishi wanted to make people expect Kyuubi would start working with Naruto this chapter(A few panels in this chapter seemed to suggest Kyuubi was about to step in, obviously didn't). I like that Kishi is doing this, keeps me on the edge and gets me more into it, waiting for the chapter for when Kyuubi actually starts working with Naruto.

I see no problem with having this fight last a while, it's a pretty important battle, and important battles usually get a ton of focus. I expect all the Bijuu getting possibly one chapter for themselves, and another chapter for Kyuubi to finally understand Naruto loves him and wants to be best friends. Plus however more to deal with Tobi or whatever. I think Kishi will make this fight a reliable amount of chapters.

LexSuicune
26th December 2011, 7:35 PM
I'm far more interested in seing a bit more about the Nanabi and Fű, at this point she's the most misterious of the Jinchuurikis IMO.

lolipiece
26th December 2011, 7:46 PM
I really hope the other names are revealed soon.

Hopefully in the next chapter.

Also...

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7932/derederedere.png

"S-S-Stupid Naruto! It's not like I'm doing this because I like you or anything!"

".........."

"Dummy."

My friends created these...hilarious.

Platinum fan.
26th December 2011, 8:27 PM
This new chapter wasn't the most exciting but it was informative to say the least. I liked the 4 tailed ape beast and his Dragon Ball reference. But I have to say 4 tails and 9 tails have very common names. Kurama for a fox? Simple enough. I wonder if Bee knows the Hachibi's real name? Speaking of them I did enjoy the fact that Naruto was jealous of their relationship and wanted something like it. Just imagine how different the series would be if Naruto grew up with "Kurama" as his friend.

Lorde
26th December 2011, 9:22 PM
I'm far more interested in seing a bit more about the Nanabi and Fű, at this point she's the most misterious of the Jinchuurikis IMO.

All the revived jinchuriki are pretty mysterious in my opinion. I was hoping that we'd get to see their personalities, but that seems to be impossible since they're all being controlled. But at least Kishi is giving us new information about some of the lesser-known Bijuu. The fake spoilers got me pretty excited, though.

uncutpokemon
26th December 2011, 10:06 PM
...Goku. ...Kurama...

Of course not, the Ichibi's name is actually Edward, he is short on tails after all! If not I'm guessing that one of the other tailed beasts will go by the name of Ash (Satoshi), Ichigo, Luffy, Light, Alucard, or perhaps even Tamaki. I'll laugh if it turns out that more than one of those turns out to be the name of the tailed beasts.

P.S. When the time comes for them to make the anime for this, and it's time to dub it, I hope they get Sean Schemmel to voice Son

gliscor&yanmega
26th December 2011, 11:09 PM
I liked the 4 tailed ape beast and his Dragon Ball reference.

Just so people know, Son is a inspirations from both Dragon Ball(Ōzaru) and Journey to the West(Sun Wukong), in fact, Dragon Ball itself was inspired by Journey to the West specifically Goku. So it's a reference to both most likely.

TsukiMirage
26th December 2011, 11:18 PM
Could have done without Naruto changing another person, even if it's a Bijuu. But it was quite nice to learn the real names of the Yonibi and Kyuubi. In addition, we see that Madara was able to enslave the Kyuubi using his regular Sharingan, meaning that the MS isn't exactly necessary in controlling the Bijuus. Interesting to see how each person felt about the Kyuubi. And we also learn that the Rikudou Sennin also named the Bijuus after creating them. I'm guessing his feeling towards them will be similar to Naruto's current attitude. Don't know how I feel about Naruto just magically being able to speak with the Yonbi, but I'll wait it out to see what comes from it. Seeing Gai and Kakashi team-up was great, and I like seeing Kakashi's Lightning Chain. Very nice chapter.

Lorde
27th December 2011, 1:12 AM
I guess it's good that Naruto is trying to help another Bijuu. I'm sure the Kyuubi will realize that not all humans are the same as a result. I actually felt sad for him when he was thinking about Madara, Hashirama and his previous hosts; they all seemed to think of him as just a dangerous object and not a creature with actual feelings.

Crimsonlink
27th December 2011, 2:50 AM
I'm surprised Kurama doesn't have pinkish/reddish hair lol.

A good end to the year for all 3 big mangas in general. I do like how Naruto admits he was a moron when he was younger, now if only he would stop being a moron now that he is grown up.....

Anyways I enjoyed the 4tails eating Naruto, I expect another Kage Bushin explosion lol.

Wish Naruto could use Uzumaki chains to take away the controls of the Bijuu from Tobi.

My prediction for the next few chapters is: Sasuke is going crash the party soon and Bee will be captured as a result while Naruto finishes up his training in working with Kurama to combat Sasuke who owns Naruto thanks to his new EMS. Tobi is injured as well thanks to some kinda tactic by Kakashi and Gai.

Edo-Madara will be defeated but not before Onoki dies trying to save Gaara and Tsunade might die as well. A might get injured badly along with Mei leaving the army in the command of Gaara and the 5 generals. Cue amassing forces for one last battle and then the final Naruto vs Sasuke while Tobi attempts to awaken the Juubi by using Kinkaku and Ginkaku as replacement for Kurama. Kabuto interrupts and they end up fighting. As for the rest, I'm still thinking about it.

Shneak
27th December 2011, 3:55 AM
Interesting informative chapter, I suppose. Best part was when Naruto was talking to the giant Darmanitan.

Hikari Paradise
27th December 2011, 9:21 AM
I like Kurama, it's a good name for the nine-tails. Seriously though is the four-tails really named Son Goku or were the translators just screwing with us.

GreatLiver
27th December 2011, 9:29 AM
I've actually felt a lot more emotion reading this chapter than any chapter yet of the war. It was nice seeing this sort of personal thing.

Shadow Lucario
27th December 2011, 12:39 PM
Don't know how I feel about Naruto just magically being able to speak with the Yonbi, but I'll wait it out to see what comes from it.

He didn't magically talk to him. The Yonbi ate him and he said that since he has a Bijuu he could go there.

lucky_u
27th December 2011, 1:00 PM
I like Kurama, it's a good name for the nine-tails. Seriously though is the four-tails really named Son Goku or were the translators just screwing with us.
Yup, the four-tailed ape are named Son Goku.
And no, the translators is not making this up.

If you really think this is making a reference to Dragonball, it's not really the case, as far as I'm concerned.

lolipiece
27th December 2011, 1:10 PM
Kishimoto was a big fan of Dragon Ball when he was a kid.

So, while it may be a reference to Journey to the West, there is a huge chance he's referring to Dragon Ball as well.

Lorde
27th December 2011, 6:01 PM
Interesting informative chapter, I suppose. Best part was when Naruto was talking to the giant Darmanitan.

Lol, the Yonbi does sort of look like a giant Darmanitan. I never would've thought that Naruto would interact with the previously-sealed Bijuu, but I'm kind of glad that he's talking to the Yonbi. At least it gives us more information about it and we can see that it does have its own personality. Up until now I've found most of the Bijuu to be really bland, but the Yonbi seems interesting.

TsukiMirage
27th December 2011, 9:29 PM
He didn't magically talk to him. The Yonbi ate him and he said that since he has a Bijuu he could go there. Since the place were the Yonbi was wasn't a physical place that Naruto could literally go to, it was quite random that Naruto appeared there after being literally eaten.

Wrave
27th December 2011, 9:52 PM
Nice to know Bijuu have names. Kurama + Kyuubi= ONE BIG Yuyu Hakusho reference!! Kurama was a evil fox that was feared by Demon World in YYH and well yeah.

Banana Knight Arthur
27th December 2011, 10:24 PM
@Guy above - Kishimoto sensei is a huuuuuuge DB and YYH and Hunter x hunter fan XD

Lorde
27th December 2011, 10:42 PM
Since the place were the Yonbi was wasn't a physical place that Naruto could literally go to, it was quite random that Naruto appeared there after being literally eaten.

It was weird. I hadn't even realized that the Yonbi had eaten Naruto until I re-read through the chapter. I just assumed that Naruto was able to communicate with the Yonbi via some unexplained method.

Banana Knight Arthur
27th December 2011, 11:02 PM
It was weird. I hadn't even realized that the Yonbi had eaten Naruto until I re-read through the chapter. I just assumed that Naruto was able to communicate with the Yonbi via some unexplained method.

Tha Yonbi is a mass of chakra, so if Tobi/ or Yonbi undoes the transformation, won't Naruto just fall out?

Shneak
28th December 2011, 1:58 AM
Lol, the Yonbi does sort of look like a giant Darmanitan. I never would've thought that Naruto would interact with the previously-sealed Bijuu, but I'm kind of glad that he's talking to the Yonbi. At least it gives us more information about it and we can see that it does have its own personality. Up until now I've found most of the Bijuu to be really bland, but the Yonbi seems interesting.

I enjoy the interactions with the Bijuu. I'm not sure which ones you think are bland, but the only other ones we've seen are Kurama and Hachibi. (Did Shukaku ever speak?)

Anyway, I really hope we get to see the other Bijuu speak and reveal their names, because Son has made himself and his host more interesting as characters.

uber gon
28th December 2011, 3:13 AM
Darnit, now I want to see a Jinchuriki/My Little Pony: Friendship I Magic crossover. Fluttershy could make friends with all of them, including Kurama.

Also, I now see Naruto with plant themed jutsu in the future. And I am SO happy I got an Infernape as a starter.

Shadow Lucario
28th December 2011, 8:47 PM
I enjoy the interactions with the Bijuu. I'm not sure which ones you think are bland, but the only other ones we've seen are Kurama and Hachibi. (Did Shukaku ever speak?)

He spoke when Naruto was fighting Gaara. He didn't really give any information though.

peacemaker987
29th December 2011, 8:29 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he talk kind of like Killer B?

barak446
29th December 2011, 2:55 PM
There is something odd about last epasoide....
every epasoide they on a ship and everyone can come to them in sec and they are sailing for a weaks... that very stuiped....

Lorde
29th December 2011, 7:36 PM

He spoke a few lines, but that's it. And even though they didn't speak, I think that the Nibi and Sanbi are bland, although that's based purely on their designs. My favorite Bijuu are the Yonbi, the Gobi, the Rokubi and the Kyuubi (I'll never get used to his real name :p).

TsukiMirage
29th December 2011, 8:53 PM
The Gobi ended up being more interesting then I though it would be. It's appearance in the manga wasn't as weird as it was in the color spread. And I really can't wait to see some more from Fuu and the Nanabi.

gliscor&yanmega
29th December 2011, 8:56 PM
There is something odd about last epasoide....
every epasoide they on a ship and everyone can come to them in sec and they are sailing for a weaks... that very stuiped....

It's filler, doesn't matter what happens it's there to space out the Anime and Manga.

I haven't watched any of the episodes(Besides one), so I don't know exactly what you're talking about. It doesn't matter anymore though since the fillers are over, canon starts next episode.

Shneak
30th December 2011, 1:40 AM
I've been patiently waiting for Konan versus Tobi in all it's animated glory. I'm begging them to put some effort into it.

TsukiMirage
30th December 2011, 4:42 AM
Yeah, hopefully they give Konan the good treatment. I also can't wait to see the Seven Swordsmen and KinGin in action.

MisterM
30th December 2011, 11:25 AM
I've been patiently waiting for Konan versus Tobi in all it's animated glory. I'm begging them to put some effort into it.

IIRC, in the manga this battle wasn't shown. I mean, we knew that they were about to fight but we didn't see the actual battle, just the end of it with Konan having lost quite badly. Maybe they'll give her some redemption in the anime but I wouldn't hold my breath about it.

About the last chapter, I'm really enjoying the fact that we know more of the Kyuubi, heck we even know his name now! Also, he seems relatively active in this battle, inasmuch as he gives some of his power to Naruto. I also like the fact that Naruto can speak with the other Bijuus, I just hope the ape's proposition is not a trap just set in order to release him.

gliscor&yanmega
30th December 2011, 3:24 PM
IIRC, in the manga this battle wasn't shown. I mean, we knew that they were about to fight but we didn't see the actual battle, just the end of it with Konan having lost quite badly. Maybe they'll give her some redemption in the anime but I wouldn't hold my breath about it.

They did battle. Konan set up a river of paper bombs, Tobi had to use Izanagi to survive, it didn't last long afterwards, the rest was just talking. Tobi was pretty beaten up after the fight, missing an arm(Again...), his mask was broken at the top, worst condition we have seen him on panel.

barak446
30th December 2011, 5:18 PM
It's filler, doesn't matter what happens it's there to space out the Anime and Manga.

I haven't watched any of the episodes(Besides one), so I don't know exactly what you're talking about. It doesn't matter anymore though since the fillers are over, canon starts next episode.

really? finelly

Lorde
30th December 2011, 7:54 PM
Konan's battle against Tobi was one of the best fights of Part 2 in my opinion. It didn't last very long, but she managed to push Tobi further than anyone else ever has. She also proved that female characters can be just as powerful as male characters, which I was beginning to doubt after the way Sakura and Tsunade have been treated.

7 tyranitars
30th December 2011, 8:07 PM
I loved Konans fight aswell, I really hope the animes does well on that part.

Sapphiredragon929
30th December 2011, 9:19 PM
Konan's battle against Tobi was one of the best fights of Part 2 in my opinion. It didn't last very long, but she managed to push Tobi further than anyone else ever has. She also proved that female characters can be just as powerful as male characters, which I was beginning to doubt after the way Sakura and Tsunade have been treated.

I think we're going to be seeing more from Tsunade. Not only does everything point towards Slug Mode out of universe with Sannin parallels but Pain's statement, "It appears [the Sannin] have each of their abilities..." seems to have a nice bit of foreshadowing as well. Unfortunately, they're all fighting Edo Madara right now, but then again, there's a chance that Madara wins against all of them and only Tsunade is left. Girl seemed pretty confident in stopping Madara by herself. I hope we see more from her though!!!

After all, Kishi must still have some level of hokage bias, right?

Shneak
31st December 2011, 3:33 AM
Yeah, I hope to see more from her. I want to see what her element is and what techniques she can use.

Blaziryu
31st December 2011, 4:36 AM
So what the Kyuubi's name is Kurama and Yonbi's name is Son Goku. It's obvious that Kishi paying homage to both Dragon Ball & Yu Yu Hakusho. I wonder what's the names of the other Bijuus.

Banana Knight Arthur
31st December 2011, 4:55 AM

This IS a fight I hope then expand on and elaborate further in the anime.

Seeing Tobi pushed so far into a corner is something that only Konan has done, something we've yet to see repeated.

Crimsonlink
31st December 2011, 5:39 AM

It was amazing but I wouldn't call it a fight since there was no hand to hand or jutsu's thrown around. All that happened was a trap, a brilliant trap, but not a battle.

TsukiMirage
31st December 2011, 7:35 AM
So what the Kyuubi's name is Kurama and Yonbi's name is Son Goku. It's obvious that Kishi paying homage to both Dragon Ball & Yu Yu Hakusho. I wonder what's the names of the other Bijuus. In his defense, both those names were around before being used in either series and connected to real world legends. So figuring out what the other Bijuus could be named is merely an issue of looking through the various legends and finding similar animals. Which still leaves the Gobi up in the air.

Banana Knight Arthur
31st December 2011, 5:31 PM
My bet is Gobi is named Iruka or something like that.

JD
31st December 2011, 6:10 PM
My bet is Gobi is named Iruka or something like that.

I think the Gobi's name is going to be Hippo short for Hippocampus which is a creature that is often depicted as a mixture between a horse and a dolphin.

Lorde
31st December 2011, 7:25 PM
I think we're going to be seeing more from Tsunade. Not only does everything point towards Slug Mode out of universe with Sannin parallels but Pain's statement, "It appears [the Sannin] have each of their abilities..." seems to have a nice bit of foreshadowing as well. Unfortunately, they're all fighting Edo Madara right now, but then again, there's a chance that Madara wins against all of them and only Tsunade is left. Girl seemed pretty confident in stopping Madara by herself. I hope we see more from her though!!!

After all, Kishi must still have some level of hokage bias, right?

I think she'll be the most important Kage in the battle against Madara since she seems to have some sealing jutsu in her arsenal. I don't think we'll see the entire battle, though. I think Kishi will jump back to it later on, but we'll probably only get to see the end of the battle. But that would be a great shame since Madara seems to be one of the strongest characters thus far.

TsukiMirage
31st December 2011, 9:36 PM
So far they're suppose to be holding their own, but I doubt Edo Madara is taking them serious yet. I think we could return to them when he finally decides to get serious.

Banana Knight Arthur
2nd January 2012, 4:38 PM
So far they're suppose to be holding their own, but I doubt Edo Madara is taking them serious yet. I think we could return to them when he finally decides to get serious.

At the end of the day, though, Edo Tensei Madara is still controllable by Kabutomaru, no?

Lorde
2nd January 2012, 5:38 PM
At the end of the day, though, Edo Tensei Madara is still controllable by Kabutomaru, no?

He is for now, but I think he'll escape Kabuto's control at some point. I wouldn't put it past him since he has the Mangekyo Sharingan and the Rinnegan. He's almost more of a threat than Tobi. Almost.

Banana Knight Arthur
2nd January 2012, 7:38 PM
He is for now, but I think he'll escape Kabuto's control at some point. I wouldn't put it past him since he has the Mangekyo Sharingan and the Rinnegan. He's almost more of a threat than Tobi. Almost.

Wasn't part of the deal with that jutsu that they can never break free 100%?

Even Itachi isn't reaaaally free, just using a work around.

TsukiMirage
2nd January 2012, 9:48 PM
At the end of the day, though, Edo Tensei Madara is still controllable by Kabutomaru, no? So far yeah, but seeing as he possesses the Rinnegan which governs life and death, I could easily see him freeing himself from Kabuto's control. Presumably before Itachi finds Kabuto and get rid of all the Edo summons for good.

Shneak
2nd January 2012, 10:05 PM
Even Itachi isn't reaaaally free, just using a work around.

That work around is called being a Uchiha.

Banana Knight Arthur
2nd January 2012, 10:09 PM

It's the art of the Sharingan!

A layer of Genjutsu over-riding the willpower-control of Kabutomaru.

Lorde
3rd January 2012, 6:03 PM

The Uchiha are way too broken. I'm actually glad that most of them are dead; can you imagine what the manga would be like with tons of Uchiha running around? We would get trolled in every other chapter.

Platinum fan.
3rd January 2012, 7:42 PM
The Uchiha are way too broken. I'm actually glad that most of them are dead; can you imagine what the manga would be like with tons of Uchiha running around? We would get trolled in every other chapter.

I couldn't agree more. I've been saying for ages that I don't blame Danzo and the elders for wanting the Uchiha's dead. A army of Sasuke's and Itachi's would be devastating. And now that they can obtain the Rinnegan as well, how can you win? I feel so bad for ninja's that get trolled by the uber hax Sharingan, like Deidara. The Sharingan started off as a regular copy eye jutsu that was fairly strong but beatable if you knew how to get around it, like Zabuza and Guy found ways to get around Kakashi's, but now you have uber hax MS and EMS which kills you like on sight and nobody can fight against it and win. Your lucky to escape with your life like Killer Bee did. It's why I don't like the Uchiha's or the Sharingan very much anymore.

Charminions
3rd January 2012, 8:28 PM
Well most of the Uchiha weren't Sasuke/Itachi level shinobi. Only 5 people ever obtained the MS and one who obtained the Rinnegan. I wouldn't mind the Uchiha and their hax if Kishi just made more bloodlines that can go on par with them so nothing is too broken. I'm beginning to wonder how Hashirama was able to defeat Madara even without his Rinnegan.

uber gon
3rd January 2012, 9:06 PM
Well most of the Uchiha weren't Sasuke/Itachi level shinobi. Only 5 people ever obtained the MS and one who obtained the Rinnegan. I wouldn't mind the Uchiha and their hax if Kishi just made more bloodlines that can go on par with them so nothing is too broken. I'm beginning to wonder how Hashirama was able to defeat Madara even without his Rinnegan.

Maybe Hashirama was the Chuck Norris of this world. That, or plot armour.

Lorde
3rd January 2012, 10:02 PM

Even if they weren't all as strong as Sasuke and Itachi, they were still known as one of the strongest clans in the shinobi world, so they must've been tough. And I also wonder how Hashirama defeated Madara; I was hoping that we'd get a flashback to their [entire] fight at some point, but that seems impossible now.

Shneak
4th January 2012, 2:58 AM

Me too. It was so much simpler PTS, when there was one alive and all they had was a Sharingan and a rare Sharingan upgrade. Now they're coming back from the dead with eyes that are better than their eyes when they were alive. And somehow, two guys have a Sharingan stash that can somehow be implemented into limbs and corpses.

A very weird clan.

TsukiMirage
4th January 2012, 4:53 AM
The Uchiha are way too broken. I'm actually glad that most of them are dead; can you imagine what the manga would be like with tons of Uchiha running around? We would get trolled in every other chapter. The Sharingan is broken, but to be fair, only a handful of Uchihas could ever gain it in the first place so even if they were still around we likely wouldn't have that many to deal with.

Well most of the Uchiha weren't Sasuke/Itachi level shinobi. Only 5 people ever obtained the MS and one who obtained the Rinnegan. I wouldn't mind the Uchiha and their hax if Kishi just made more bloodlines that can go on par with them so nothing is too broken. I'm beginning to wonder how Hashirama was able to defeat Madara even without his Rinnegan. It was implied during Itachi's conversation with Sasuke and then later by Tobi that quite a few Uchihas were able to gain MS, though most ended up simply being killed.

The interesting thing being is that we have seen quite a few Bloodline Limits that should have no problem matching or taking down the Sharingan. Heck, even a few more Jinchuuriki or unique abilities like Ee's should help balance things out.

Banana Knight Arthur
4th January 2012, 5:30 AM
The Sharingan is broken, but to be fair, only a handful of Uchihas could ever gain it in the first place so even if they were still around we likely wouldn't have that many to deal with.

Ehhhhh, Those Uchiha reproduced like mice a handful of MS-users is a handful too many.

The Sharingan has been made into an answer-for-every Uchiha problem they face in battle.

And don't get me started on the Rinnegan/EMS relation or mutation.

The Rinnegan should have died with Nagato.

TsukiMirage
4th January 2012, 3:54 PM
I don't know. We've got to see Sasuke's *** handed to him several times. And I'm actually glad about the Rinnegan revelation, cause it makes Orochimaru's attempts to gain an Uchiha body much better then simply wanting the Sharingan.

Lorde
4th January 2012, 4:19 PM
Ehhhhh, Those Uchiha reproduced like mice a handful of MS-users is a handful too many.

The Sharingan has been made into an answer-for-every Uchiha problem they face in battle.

And don't get me started on the Rinnegan/EMS relation or mutation.

The Rinnegan should have died with Nagato.

The Rinnegan mutation thing is probably the worst part. I thought we'd only have to worry about Nagato's back when it was revealed, but then Tobi took the Rinnegan. I was a little mad about that, but I just went with it. The straw that broke the camel's back was when it was revealed that Madara's Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan had evolved into a Rinnegan. That's just too much BS.

gliscor&yanmega
4th January 2012, 5:43 PM
The Rinnegan mutation thing is probably the worst part. I thought we'd only have to worry about Nagato's back when it was revealed, but then Tobi took the Rinnegan. I was a little mad about that, but I just went with it. The straw that broke the camel's back was when it was revealed that Madara's Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan had evolved into a Rinnegan. That's just too much BS.

I really have no problem with all that. I enjoy the Sharingan and Rinnegan, so seeing it over and over again is fine by me.

Crimsonlink
4th January 2012, 5:49 PM
I really have no problem with all that. I enjoy the Sharingan and Rinnegan, so seeing it over and over again is fine by me.

I wouldn't mind seeing them over and over again if they actually did something non hackish. Like use Bansho Ten'in and Shinra tensei vs reviving bodies.

Or using the Sharingan to actually dodge attacks and send the same jutsu back.

Kinda like when Sasuke fought Deidara.

Platinum fan.
4th January 2012, 7:59 PM

I should just start quoting you from now on! I feel the same. The Rinnegan was one of the few things in the Naruto universe that felt uber powerful but was not Uchiha related. This made it interesting for me. I also liked how only Nagato had it making it feel rare and unique unlike the Sharingan which was suppose to be the same. Then Tobi stole Nagato's. I was okay with that for the most part. Sure a Uchiha had the Rinnegan now but he had to steal it so I was good with it. Then they turn the Rinnegan into a Uchiha upgrade from the Mangekyo Sharingan! I was/still am furious about that! That basically mean's Sasuke can and probably will obtain the Rinnegan as well and it's just another Uchiha tool! Forget Madara and Tobi! And forget all those eye jutsu, except for the Byakugan, that is still cool.

Lorde
4th January 2012, 8:32 PM

What is it that you enjoy about the Sharingan and the Rinnegan, specifically? In my opinion both dōjutsu have become stale since we've seen almost every single technique that they're capable of utilizing.

And forget all those eye jutsu, except for the Byakugan, that is still cool.

I feel really bad for the Byakugan. I remember the days when it seemed to be on par with the Sharingan; now it seems really weak and bland by comparison.

Banana Knight Arthur
4th January 2012, 8:59 PM

Heck at this point, I would not be the least bit surprised if Naruto, having Rikudo sennin DNA somewhere deep in his chromosomes, and if he developed a Rinnegan, or Spiral-Kaleidoscope-Rinnegan.

gliscor&yanmega
4th January 2012, 9:30 PM
What is it that you enjoy about the Sharingan and the Rinnegan, specifically? In my opinion both dōjutsu have become stale since we've seen almost every single technique that they're capable of utilizing.

I enjoy everything about them basically. I don't have super high standards or anything, so I'm not overly critically on the things I enjoy. And I don't bother paying attention to the things I don't enjoy in stories, I focus on the things I like.

Shneak
5th January 2012, 2:54 AM
The mutation bothers me too. I can understand the transformations of Sharingans, but mutating into a whole different eye and with completely different techniques?

7 tyranitars
5th January 2012, 1:28 PM
So the Anime finally continued, hopefully this will be the last filler arc. :C

Platinum fan.
5th January 2012, 4:41 PM

I feel really bad for the Byakugan. I remember the days when it seemed to be on par with the Sharingan; now it seems really weak and bland by comparison.

I still love the Byakugan and those who use it. I remember back in part 1 I thought Neji was one of the more powerful ninjas in the series and he was only a junior ninja with the other students. Funny as it is, he is now a Jonin and compared to the big dogs Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi, Kabuto, Killer Bee, Nagato, Tobi, etc he feels like just a regular ninja. Poor guy. I'm still a Hyuga clan fan! If your a Hyuga your officially cool in Platinum fan's book.

Lorde
5th January 2012, 5:55 PM
I still love the Byakugan and those who use it. I remember back in part 1 I thought Neji was one of the more powerful ninjas in the series and he was only a junior ninja with the other students. Funny as it is, he is now a Jonin and compared to the big dogs Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi, Kabuto, Killer Bee, Nagato, Tobi, etc he feels like just a regular ninja. Poor guy. I'm still a Hyuga clan fan! If your a Hyuga your officially cool in Platinum fan's book.

Neji hasn't gotten much screentime in Part 2, which is disappointing. He was one of the few characters from Part 1 that I truly liked. I'm disappointed that Kishi has been paying more attention to Team 10 in Part 2 than on Team 8 and Team Guy.

Black_Star
5th January 2012, 6:06 PM
Neji hasn't gotten much screentime in Part 2, which is disappointing. He was one of the few characters from Part 1 that I truly liked. I'm disappointed that Kishi has been paying more attention to Team 10 in Part 2 than on Team 8 and Team Guy.

lol the only screentime neji has gotten lately has been showing him as a white zetsu in disguise. which is sad cause hes such a great character.

im loving the war arc right now. and im just waiting to see naruto perfect teh biju ball rasengan. and sasuke's back in play? yeah this is gonna get good. fast. lol

Shneak
5th January 2012, 7:23 PM

New ending too. I know that ending /=/ plot, but apparently Naruto saves Sasuke.

Banana Knight Arthur
5th January 2012, 10:30 PM

Definitely not the end of the fillers!

More episodes = more profit, so filler extending the source material will be in Kishimoto's best interests.

Crimsonlink
5th January 2012, 10:40 PM
Definitely not the end of the fillers!

More episodes = more profit, so filler extending the source material will be in Kishimoto's best interests.

Guess the amount of viewers the filler episodes get? Let me help you, its in the thousands and doesn't appear on TV top 10 ratings of the week. BTW all/most of those 1000s are pure Naruto fanboy/girls.

Also more episodes doesn't equal more profit. Anime is pretty expensive. Thats why selling dvds is important to the industry. So fillers arc dvds are gonna sell like crap.

Maybe if the fillers were actually decent people would watch it. But why buy something crappy and not manga material?

gliscor&yanmega
5th January 2012, 10:46 PM
Guess the amount of viewers the filler episodes get? Let me help you, its in the thousands and doesn't appear on TV top 10 ratings of the week. BTW all/most of those 1000s are pure Naruto fanboy/girls.

Also more episodes doesn't equal more profit. Anime is pretty expensive. Thats why selling dvds is important to the industry. So fillers arc dvds are gonna sell like crap.

Maybe if the fillers were actually decent people would watch it. But why buy something crappy and not manga material?

There are people who enjoy the fillers, so it's not like everyone hates them. One person's trash is another's treasures.

Banana Knight Arthur
5th January 2012, 10:59 PM
There are people who enjoy the fillers, so it's not like everyone hates them. One person's trash is another's treasures.

Exactly, Personally, I hate the fillers, but some people live for that $hit.

They like how many underused characters like Tenten and co. are featured.

Lorde
5th January 2012, 11:24 PM

I'd like to meet one of those people in order to ask them why they enjoy the Naruto fillers. I personally hate every single Naruto filler out there aside from the one where Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke try to see what's underneath Kakashi's mask. I just stick with the manga (although this war arc has had some filler-esque moments of its own).

gliscor&yanmega
5th January 2012, 11:46 PM
I'd like to meet one of those people in order to ask them why they enjoy the Naruto fillers. I personally hate every single Naruto filler out there aside from the one where Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke try to see what's underneath Kakashi's mask. I just stick with the manga (although this war arc has had some filler-esque moments of its own).

There's a good reason right here:

Exactly, Personally, I hate the fillers, but some people live for that $hit.

They like how many underused characters like Tenten and co. are featured.

I don't hate fillers, I don't love them either. If I didn't read the manga I'd probably like them more.

Crimsonlink
5th January 2012, 11:51 PM

The thing with that is that the people who enjoy fillers are in the minority. Also the Naruto fillers don't take good advantage of not following source material.

I would have loved to watch the fillers if they had more Naruto in Sage mode. Or some decent fighting. Heck seeing Neji go on a jonin mission and fight other jonin would have worked. But nope, instead they have Naruto and his ship crew struggle with pirates when a Rasengan would have done the job in a split second. Losing his headband again just made it worse.

Banana Knight Arthur
6th January 2012, 1:06 AM

THAT is the biggest mystery I want revealed b4 the manga ends,

Kakashi's true, unmasked face!

PokeMaster366
6th January 2012, 1:52 AM
I honestly don't get Naruto's filler arcs either. Forgive me for going into other mangas here, but honestly, out of the Big 3, Naruto has the worst fillers. One Piece is One Piece no matter what crazy adventure they go on, it's going to be funny and doesn't make it feel like they just interuppted the main story. Bleach's fillers tend to happen at weird times, but if you ask me, they are very hysterical and seem to go more into detail about the stuff fans would be curious about, but the main story doesn't explain or build upon. What happens in Naruto fillers has little to no relevance to the main story or even the characters themselves. They just seem like a big wastes of space that could be used for something else. It may be because Naruto keeps hogging all the screentime when he already gets more than enough, but I don't know.

miles0624
6th January 2012, 2:19 AM
I hate naruto filler arcs. The episodes, I like a couple. Kakashi's mask for one, and I this its ep 150 where its hinata vs. that giant bug they try to find to locate sasuke. It showed Hinata doing something usefull. Orther than thos two, naruto fillers are usually stupid. Wait, scratch that. Are always, (With few exceptions) STUPID!!!

Anyways, when is the manga up again.

TyranitarFan
6th January 2012, 2:57 AM
i personally think some of the filler eps are hilarious, but i would much rather get back to confining the jinchuriki instead of watching tenten's "adventures".

Ambre
6th January 2012, 3:32 AM
Hey. I love the fillers. They are awesome. However, I will always like reading the manga more.

Platinum fan.
6th January 2012, 4:01 AM
I'm not crazy about Naruto fillers either. But the Kakashi mask one was funny, and some with Rock Lee, Tenten, and Neji's team are rather funny but meh.

Profesco
6th January 2012, 4:13 AM
I'm still scratching my head over the recent filler ep where young Gai sees young Kakashi's junk, so he shows Kakashi his own junk in return - and Kakashi says it looks like an acorn.

A very uncomfortable episode, to be sure.

Lorde
6th January 2012, 4:15 AM
In my opinion the only good thing about filler episodes is that they add comedy to the series. The manga has gotten really serious lately and Kishi's [poor] attempts at comedy are starting to become more awkward than anything else. At least some of the filler episodes provide humor, even if it's not all-that great.

Platinum fan.
6th January 2012, 4:17 AM
Hopefully Kishi now knows that animal private part jokes aren't funny. They are stupid. Stupid to the point where your asking yourself why your reading stuff like this?

Banana Knight Arthur
6th January 2012, 4:19 AM
I'm still scratching my head over the recent filler ep where young Gai sees young Kakashi's junk, so he shows Kakashi his own junk in return - and Kakashi says it looks like an acorn.

A very uncomfortable episode, to be sure.
^^^THIS is why I cannot bear to watch them…..fillers……..

The most effort they put into filler was the Guren/Orochimaru arc methinks.

7 tyranitars
6th January 2012, 11:10 AM
I don't like fillers, the 6 tail arc and the kakashis mask filler are the only exceptions.

Lorde
6th January 2012, 6:02 PM
I don't like fillers, the 6 tail arc and the kakashis mask filler are the only exceptions.

I didn't watch the entire arc so I may be out of my element here, but what exactly did that arc contribute to the series? We got to meet Utakata, but it's not as if we learned anything about him that we didn't already know or could have made an educated guess about. We didn't even see the Rokubi.

7 tyranitars
6th January 2012, 6:06 PM
I didn't watch the entire arc so I may be out of my element here, but what exactly did that arc contribute to the series? We got to meet Utakata, but it's not as if we learned anything about him that we didn't already know or could have made an educated guess about. We didn't even see the Rokubi.

Basicly nothing, I just enjoyed it :P. And we did see the Rokubi. in the distance though.

Platinum fan.
6th January 2012, 6:08 PM
With the filler arcs about the tailed beast they have to be a little careful, because Naruto is meeting them for the first time now in the manga so the anime version is going to be different obviously. Still even with a filler arc about something with the tailed beast I still don't care to watch. Just the music and voices really turn me off to the series. Maybe I just prefer reading to watching T.V.

Banana Knight Arthur
7th January 2012, 1:18 AM

I forgot about the Roku-bi arc.

That one was quite excellent compared to the run of the mill fillers.

I surmise Naruto will, in the anime at least, show signs of recognizing Utakata.

Shneak
7th January 2012, 2:45 AM
Fillers are only good in small doses, and when they change up the characters.

TsukiMirage
7th January 2012, 6:44 AM
I didn't watch the entire arc so I may be out of my element here, but what exactly did that arc contribute to the series? We got to meet Utakata, but it's not as if we learned anything about him that we didn't already know or could have made an educated guess about. We didn't even see the Rokubi. It contributed nothing, but it was quite well put together and we got to see another Jinchuuriki be the main focus. It is a shame we didn't get to see the Rokubi though.

Banana Knight Arthur
7th January 2012, 7:07 AM
It contributed nothing, but it was quite well put together and we got to see another Jinchuuriki be the main focus. It is a shame we didn't get to see the Rokubi though.

Anyone else think the Rokubi's acid apray is cheap?

B has more tails, and his specialty is Ink, when has Ink ever harmed a ninja?

gliscor&yanmega
7th January 2012, 5:11 PM

Ink gets in your eyes, you're temporarily blind, stab in the back(Or Bijudama to the back works too)...ink itself may not be deadly, but it can be useful.

7 tyranitars
7th January 2012, 5:27 PM
If we are talking about cheap moves: Sharingan.

Lorde
7th January 2012, 6:27 PM

I like the Rokubi's corrosive gas. It reminds me of Katsuyu's acid spray, but I guess that shouldn't be too surprising since they're both slugs. I'm also surprised that Utakata's bubble ninjutsu seems to be his own technique; I thought the Rokubi specialized in bubble techniques, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

TsukiMirage
7th January 2012, 8:34 PM

B has more tails, and his specialty is Ink, when has Ink ever harmed a ninja? Well in the Hachibi's defense, it can create clones out of ink, so that's much more practical.

Crimsonlink
7th January 2012, 8:42 PM

Think of it this way, if you can spray ink on a persons eye and launch a Bijuudama right after. You don't have to worry about much afterwards.

peacemaker987
7th January 2012, 10:36 PM
Does Kurama's presence the reason Naruto has accelerated healing? I guess that's not exactly the most offensive ability, or useful, because there are such thing as medical ninja.

Lorde
7th January 2012, 10:40 PM
The Hachibi's ink clones were interesting at first until I remembered that Sai has a similar technique. It just seems a bit unoriginal.

Banana Knight Arthur
8th January 2012, 5:25 AM
The Hachibi's ink clones were interesting at first until I remembered that Sai has a similar technique. It just seems a bit unoriginal.

Word, true dat!!!!

Does Kurama's presence the reason Naruto has accelerated healing? I guess that's not exactly the most offensive ability, or useful, because there are such thing as medical ninja.

Yes, G'day sir! It also shortens his lifespan though….

Think of it this way, if you can spray ink on a persons eye and launch a Bijuudama right after. You don't have to worry about much afterwards.

Hasn't seemed to help B much…...

Crimsonlink
8th January 2012, 8:38 AM
Word, true dat!!!!

Yes, G'day sir! It also shortens his lifespan though….

Hasn't seemed to help B much…...

Its hasn't helped Bee much because both Naruto and Bee have to deal with 6 Jinchurikki + Tobi. Not to mention Naruto is an idiot that Bee has to look out for while fighting.

Lorde
8th January 2012, 5:59 PM
Not to mention Naruto is an idiot that Bee has to look out for while fighting.

I think Killer Bee is a little smarter than Naruto, but it seems to me that the Hachibi is the one who's babysitting both Naruto and Killer Bee.

TsukiMirage
8th January 2012, 7:32 PM
Kirabi's no genius, but he seems smart enough. At least smarter then Naruto is most of the time.

Platinum fan.
8th January 2012, 7:50 PM

I forgot all about Sai's technique and sometimes I forget about Sai himself. There really wasn't much for him after he became friends with Naruto and Sakura. They had moments with him, like when Danzo became Hokage and how they were teasing Sai fully betraying Danzo in favor of his friends, which he sort of did, but other then that Sai's been kinda forgettable for me. Sure he's the one convinced Sakura to talk with Naruto about ditching Sasuke but really Shikamaru, Ino, or someone else could have talked her into that. Sai's "battle" with his brother was sadly as forgettable as he is. Sai never even had a great battle to show his stuff. Even little Sakura had a battle where she showed she was tough. Poor Sai.

Banana Knight Arthur
9th January 2012, 3:28 AM
I think Killer Bee is a little smarter than Naruto, but it seems to me that the Hachibi is the one who's babysitting both Naruto and Killer Bee.

Agreed. Bee's intelligence is marginally better than Naruto at best.

Bee's strength lies in the knowledge a Bijuu has when it is contained in a human/jinchuuriki. Hachibi seems veeeeery smart.

It was said wild Bijuu are quite dumb and feral, no?

TsukiMirage
9th January 2012, 6:45 AM
It was said wild Bijuu are quite dumb and feral, no? Deidara stated that the Bijuus weren't smart enough to fully use their power, but from what we've seen, that could simply be another putdown by humans.

Lorde
9th January 2012, 6:54 PM
A lot of things that were once said about the Bijuu turned out to be exaggerations. I remember when I thought that the Bijuu were the strongest beings in the series because of the way they were described, but now they seem almost harmless when compared to Tobi and Madara.

By the way, are we getting a chapter this week?

gliscor&yanmega
9th January 2012, 6:58 PM

We should be getting one sometime around the 11th.

Locormus
10th January 2012, 1:31 AM
We should be getting one sometime around the 11th.

Then where are the spoilers? It's the 10'th where I'm at and there's nothing to be seen..

Shneak
10th January 2012, 1:47 AM
Then where are the spoilers? It's the 10'th where I'm at and there's nothing to be seen..

Still the 9th in the west, which is where they usually crop up from. I think.

Lorde
10th January 2012, 3:07 AM
I wouldn't expect to get spoilers until tomorrow at the earliest. But I'm not very excited for the chapter; I thought that the previous chapter was going to be epic, but it wasn't. I think we'll get more dialogue than is necessary, but that's what I've come to expect from Kishi lately.

GreatLiver
10th January 2012, 3:58 AM
Last year spoilers for issue 7 came out around 1am est the 12th, which was a Wednesday, so the same schedule we usually get weekly spoilers. So chances are spoilers for issue 6 this year'll be right back on our normal schedule of tuesday night/wednesday morning ESTish, with the chapter likely coming out midday Wednesday.

Banana Knight Arthur
10th January 2012, 4:21 AM
Deidara stated that the Bijuus weren't smart enough to fully use their power, but from what we've seen, that could simply be another putdown by humans.

Yeah, well I'm one of those humans putting them down, they've yet to redeem themselves.

A lot of things that were once said about the Bijuu turned out to be exaggerations. I remember when I thought that the Bijuu were the strongest beings in the series because of the way they were described, but now they seem almost harmless when compared to Tobi and Madara.

Tobi or Madara, which they REAL threat is, is yet to be determined

TsukiMirage
10th January 2012, 6:17 AM
Yeah, well I'm one of those humans putting them down, they've yet to redeem themselves. The Hachibi has been shown to be pretty badass. As for the rest, I kind of agree. The Kyuubi's the biggest disappointment. I mean, being held off by a bunch of regular ninjas? At ;east the Hachibi had the excuse of Kumo having the Amber Pot.

gliscor&yanmega
10th January 2012, 2:31 PM

I said around the 11th, not necessarily getting it that day. Plus spoilers have been leaked the same day the chapter comes out for the last few chapters anyways, I don't expect it to change.

Probably get spoilers early morning tomorrow(Going off of my time), and then the chapter sometime in the afternoon(Again, my time).

We'll get the chapter soon enough, for sure sometime this week unless something goes wrong.

Banana Knight Arthur
10th January 2012, 5:51 PM
I'm predicting the Son Goku is released by Naruto, which means he can break free of Roshi-Edo-Summon and run wild, but I think he'll honor his promise and help Naruto.

Lorde
10th January 2012, 6:03 PM
I just thought of something. If it takes 3 days to seal a Bijuu away in that statue thing, then how will Tobi finish his plan today? He seems to have resealed 6 of the Bijuu inside their former hosts, plus there's still the Hachibi and the Kyuubi. So it would take him 24 days to seal the Bijuu, which is almost a month.

Banana Knight Arthur
10th January 2012, 6:04 PM
I just thought of something. If it takes 3 days to seal a Bijuu away in that statue thing, then how will Tobi finish his plan today? He seems to have resealed 6 of the Bijuu inside their former hosts, plus there's still the Hachibi and the Kyuubi. So it would take him 24 days to seal the Bijuu, which is almost a month.

Manga Plot haxx.

Either that, or Edo Madara probably can rapid-seal bijuu with his Rinnegan hax.

Platinum fan.
10th January 2012, 6:25 PM
Manga Plot haxx.

The Rinnegan hax sounds most likely. At this point its best we forget about what we previously thought how ninjas/tailed beast/seals operator because new ways are being invented around everything. The Ninja world is riddled with lies!

Lorde
10th January 2012, 6:31 PM
Manga Plot haxx.

Ugh, more hax? Haven't we seen enough of that with Sasuke?

The Rinnegan hax sounds most likely. At this point its best we forget about what we previously thought how ninjas/tailed beast/seals operator because new ways are being invented around everything. The Ninja world is riddled with lies!

I used to like Kishi's writing during the start of Part 2 because it was consistent, but now it's all over the place. It's very frustrating.

Banana Knight Arthur
10th January 2012, 6:33 PM

I used to like Kishi's writing during the start of Part 2 because it was consistent, but now it's all over the place. It's very frustrating.

Expect plot hax from anyone with eye related kekkei genkai.

End of story.

TsukiMirage
10th January 2012, 6:39 PM
I just thought of something. If it takes 3 days to seal a Bijuu away in that statue thing, then how will Tobi finish his plan today? He seems to have resealed 6 of the Bijuu inside their former hosts, plus there's still the Hachibi and the Kyuubi. So it would take him 24 days to seal the Bijuu, which is almost a month. Well seeing as he only needed a portion of the Hachibi and Kyuubi's chakra, if he left a bit of the other Bijuus inside the statue, that may be enough for his plans. Or his real plan doesn't require them to be sealed inside.

Crimsonlink
10th January 2012, 6:47 PM
Well the statue that held all the demons is now apparently rampaging and giving team Darui grief. So I dunno about sealing it up in it again.

The main concern Tobi has right now is how to dig Juubi's body out of the moon and then feed all 9 bijuu into it and seal it without dying in the middle of all of it.

Platinum fan.
10th January 2012, 6:53 PM

Yeah. Remember when the tailed beast were near unstoppable? or how the regular Mangekyou Sharingan would actually tire a person out when just using one Jutsu with it instead of using it over and over again? Or when Ninja titles like Jonin and Chunnin actually meant something? Now you can't even tell the difference. Best of all remember when Sasuke, Itachi, and Kakashi were the only three to even own Sharingans?

gliscor&yanmega
10th January 2012, 6:57 PM
Well the statue that held all the demons is now apparently rampaging and giving team Darui grief. So I dunno about sealing it up in it again.

Gedo Mazou isn't at Darui's location anymore, Tobi took it back, probably back at his base now.

Lorde
10th January 2012, 6:58 PM
Well seeing as he only needed a portion of the Hachibi and Kyuubi's chakra, if he left a bit of the other Bijuus inside the statue, that may be enough for his plans. Or his real plan doesn't require them to be sealed inside.

I totally forgot about the portions of the Hachibi's and the Kyuubi's chakra that Tobi already has. It's just another example of bad writing.

I thought Tobi recalled the statue once he stole that sealing pot thing.

Locormus
11th January 2012, 12:10 AM
So, where's the new chapter guys?

I'm really getting withdrawl's here.. And not just because of Naruto. I miss my two pages worth of dialogue from Bleach.. And the imminent stuff that will be the base of what will be crap in the animé concerning One Piece.

We got 1 chapter in 4 weeks time. I feel empty.. :(

Shneak
11th January 2012, 1:14 AM
Tobi did take back the Statue, because that division is going to help Naruto's battlefield. As for the sealing, maybe Tobi has extra Zetsu around? We already know that Zetsu can seal.

I'm really getting withdrawl's here.. And not just because of Naruto. I miss my two pages worth of dialogue from Bleach.. And the imminent stuff that will be the base of what will be crap in the animé concerning One Piece.

Soon. I expect will get spoilers and the chapter very close together.

Crimsonlink
11th January 2012, 1:15 AM

Chill out for another day wherever you are right now. Its Tuesday when I am posting this. 16 hours from now a chapter of one of the 3 should appear or spoiler pics at the very least.

Lorde
11th January 2012, 1:38 AM

We got a chapter two weeks ago.

Tobi did take back the Statue, because that division is going to help Naruto's battlefield. As for the sealing, maybe Tobi has extra Zetsu around? We already know that Zetsu can seal.

I don't think Zetsu will have any other role to be honest. He's sort of run his course. Not that I have anything against Zetsu: I just don't see what else he could do now that most of his clones have been destroyed.

gliscor&yanmega
11th January 2012, 1:58 AM

Soon. I expect will get spoilers and the chapter very close together.

It's hard to say if the White Zetsu Clones can help with the sealing, it's likely that only those with the Akatsuki rings can take part in the sealing, which is why we've never seen someone without one taking part in the sealing, although if Tobi or Zetsu gets all 10 rings maybe the time taken to seal is drastically decreased.

I don't think Zetsu will have any other role to be honest. He's sort of run his course. Not that I have anything against Zetsu: I just don't see what else he could do now that most of his clones have been destroyed.

Zetsu was confirmed final villain since the beginning.

There's still the mystery of who Black Zetsu is, sure we know most about White Zetsu, but we know practically nothing about Black Zetsu.

Banana Knight Arthur
11th January 2012, 2:00 AM
It's hard to say if the White Zetsu Clones can help with the sealing, it's likely that only those with the Akatsuki rings can take part in the sealing, which is why we've never seen someone without one taking part in the sealing, although if Tobi or Zetsu gets all 10 rings maybe the time taken to seal is drastically decreased.

Zetsu was confirmed final villain since the beginning.

There's still the mystery of who Black Zetsu is, sure we know most about White Zetsu, but we know practically nothing about Black Zetsu.

I know nothing about White Zetsu.

What is the insider knowledge you have of him?

Zetsu is an enigma.

gliscor&yanmega
11th January 2012, 2:26 AM
I know nothing about White Zetsu.

What is the insider knowledge you have of him?

Zetsu is an enigma.

White Zetsu has been heavily implied to be a creation of Tobi's from Hashirama's DNA. Pretty much all to know about him. Although it left more questions then answers really, but that's the basics of where he came from.

Black Zetsu is another story, nothing has been revealed on him yet, other then some jutsus he can use(Which may be more because of White Zetsu's Hashirama DNA).

Zetsu really is a big mystery in the series, and doesn't really get focused on, which I drew to the conclusion that Kishi is leaving him as an open character, where we'll be given vague info about him and depending what Kishi plans to do with the series either expand on it or just have him killed off.

Regardless of what happens to him, he'll always be my favorite character, and I'll always see him as one of the most threatening Ninja in existence(I mean, what can you really do against something you don't know is there).

peacemaker987
11th January 2012, 4:41 AM
The Hachibi has been shown to be pretty badass. As for the rest, I kind of agree. The Kyuubi's the biggest disappointment. I mean, being held off by a bunch of regular ninjas? At ;east the Hachibi had the excuse of Kumo having the Amber Pot.

I don't remember seeing anything about him being forcibly ejected from the village. Also, being recently extracted he would be intelligent enough not to waste all his strength in a rampage while Tobi was in the area. js.

lolipiece
11th January 2012, 12:55 PM
Enough beating around the bush, Kishimoto.

Just have the fox join him already.

DANdotW
11th January 2012, 1:02 PM
So...you guys know it's out now, right?

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/84058700/1

Crimsonlink
11th January 2012, 1:05 PM
3 1/2 pages were all flashback pages. What a waste IMO. Kishi has been repeating himself lately. Whats up with talking about Naruto's resolve and feelings for the last few chapters.

The only good part was when Naruto went sage mode at the end. The battle is kinda unrealistic as well.

I mean Tobi has 6 Jinchurikki in Bijuu form and only 1 is doing the important part. You think he would take the chance to knock out Bee who is struggling with the 4 tails and capture him.

Kakashi and Gai could be kept busy by 2 of the beasts.

Ah well hopefully this fight gets more exciting or it ends fast.

gliscor&yanmega
11th January 2012, 2:27 PM
I enjoyed the chapter, Kurama is slowly coming around, only a matter of time.

Kind of disappointed in the flashbacks, I have no problem with flashbacks in general but it was a little much in my opinion, I would have prefer one page of flashback with all the events mixed together(He did that with Jiraiya when he died), oh well.

Banana Knight Arthur
11th January 2012, 5:09 PM
I feel all the wind up will lead to Kuruma joining forces with Naruto, also the Son Goku.

Albeit unwillingly at first, I feel Naruto will win over all the bijuu, and become the new juubi jinchuuriki.

Lorde
11th January 2012, 6:36 PM
I thought the chapter was terrible. We got too many flashback pages and the chapter would've been a lot better if the Kyuubi had simply agreed to help Naruto at the start; at least some progress would've been made. I think Kishi has slowed down the manga again, but it's not really a good thing if we keep going around in circles. I hope the next chapter isn't as boring as this one. :x

Charminions
11th January 2012, 9:34 PM
Boring chapter was boring. Cmon Kishi, you didn't need to make a whole chapter based on the Kyuubi talking about Naruto being a stubborn brat and yet a hero. We've had enough of those speeches about Naruto already.

Banana Knight Arthur
11th January 2012, 9:49 PM
I thought the chapter was terrible. We got too many flashback pages and the chapter would've been a lot better if the Kyuubi had simply agreed to help Naruto at the start; at least some progress would've been made. I think Kishi has slowed down the manga again, but it's not really a good thing if we keep going around in circles. I hope the next chapter isn't as boring as this one. :x

Progress was made, Kuruma is noticing the extents Naruto is willing to go to, to help the bijuu and befriend/treat them as equals.

It is hard-work to convince him to work with Naruto, but once he does, Naruto will be that much more powerful.

Also I agree with implausibility of the other 6 bijuu not attacking while Naruto deals with Goku, but remember, Tobi can only handle 2 fully reformed Bijuu at a time, and he has one dealing with Kakashi+Guy, and Goku vs. Naruto.

Shneak
11th January 2012, 9:56 PM
I liked the chapter. It was basically pumping Naruto up, but I was fine with it. I kind of agree that the battle is unrealistic though. You'd think it would be chaotic. A weird way to gain Son back too.

TsukiMirage
11th January 2012, 10:18 PM
Would have though Naruto would have remembered that trick faster from the last time he was swallowed, but whatever. At least the plot is sort of moving along. Could have done without the flashbacks, or so many of them, but Naruto's finally doing some thinking and using Sage Mode. Hopefully we can get back to the action soon. Average chapter.

Lorde
11th January 2012, 11:08 PM
Progress was made, Kuruma is noticing the extents Naruto is willing to go to, to help the bijuu and befriend/treat them as equals.

I wanted Kishi to slow down, but he's taken things to the extreme by giving us chapters that contain redundant material. I mean did we really need to see more flashbacks?

It is hard-work to convince him to work with Naruto, but once he does, Naruto will be that much more powerful.

Until he meets Sasuke again and gets his butt handed to him. :(

Platinum fan.
11th January 2012, 11:13 PM
This weeks chapter...It wasn't the worst but there have been better and I expected more from what we got. The Kyuubi really is taking his sweet time joining Naruto. And with all the flashbacks you'd think he just join the party already. It's either Naruto or Tobi, Kyuubi! Take your pick. Other then that the chapter was just alright. Could have been better and it got me to thinking is Naruto going to have to meet and greet all the remaining 7 tailed beast as well and befriend them as his did Son Goku? If so we're in for a long run.

Banana Knight Arthur
11th January 2012, 11:15 PM
With proper teamwork, Sasuke's worst haxx, his immature Tsukuyomi, which with the Eternal-MS, by now is perfected, is useless when your bijuu cooperates and can break the genjutsu by disrupting the chakra flow.

Platinum fan.
11th January 2012, 11:25 PM
I would have thought Sasuke's Amaterasu and Susanoo would be worse haxx's then the Tsukuyomi for the reasons you just said.

Banana Knight Arthur
11th January 2012, 11:26 PM
I would have thought Sasuke's Amaterasu and Susanoo would be worse haxx's then the Tsukuyomi for the reasons you just said.

!00% teamwork with Kyuubi-Kurama will surely allow Naruto his own plot-haxx jutsu or two.

Platinum fan.
11th January 2012, 11:32 PM
!00% teamwork with Kyuubi-Kurama will surely allow Naruto his own plot-haxx jutsu or two.

Well I could think of a way for Naruto to block Amaterasu. Use his shadow clones as shields. Susanoo is the only thing I can't see Naruto beating right now.

Lorde
11th January 2012, 11:35 PM
I forgot that Bijuu can help their hosts undo genjutsu. I guess Sasuke's Tsukuyomi will be powerless, but I think his Susano'o will be the toughest hurdle for Naruto since the completed Susano'o seems invincible.

Banana Knight Arthur
11th January 2012, 11:40 PM
Well I could think of a way for Naruto to block Amaterasu. Use his shadow clones as shields. Susanoo is the only thing I can't see Naruto beating right now.

With near infinite Kurama chakra, I can see Naruto using the sages 5 tools!

Platinum fan.
11th January 2012, 11:44 PM
With near infinite Kurama chakra, I can see Naruto using the sages 5 tools!

Either way Naruto vs Sasuke is going to be one broken/uber/haxx ninja battle. I wonder if Sasuke will fight anyone before getting to Naruto. I mean he'll win, they shouldn't even show him struggling against anyone but Naruto at this point. Same goes for Naruto. The only reason it's happening now is because he's fighting Tobi and the tailed beast who are the real villains...well Tobi is anyway.

Banana Knight Arthur
12th January 2012, 12:22 AM
Either way Naruto vs Sasuke is going to be one broken/uber/haxx ninja battle. I wonder if Sasuke will fight anyone before getting to Naruto. I mean he'll win, they shouldn't even show him struggling against anyone but Naruto at this point. Same goes for Naruto. The only reason it's happening now is because he's fighting Tobi and the tailed beast who are the real villains...well Tobi is anyway.

Elekible-kid pities the fool who crosses Sasuke's path of revenge.

Beastly ability level or not, Sasuke does suffer from normal human ninja chakra limits, if I recall, vs. Danzo he ran dangerously low on Chakra.

Locormus
12th January 2012, 1:23 AM

What? Naruto used Sage Mode! And Kuruma started to openly back the kid! This chapter was paramount! Perhaps a bit slow, but still necessary.

Crimsonlink
12th January 2012, 2:25 AM
What? Naruto used Sage Mode! The chapter ended with Naruto using Sage mode. Kuruma started to openly back the kid Said Naruto needs to prove himself with his actions to him and the Bijuu! (Which is repeating what the 4 tails already said) This chapter was paramount! boring/terrible. Perhaps a bit slow, but still unnecessary (flashback).

Fixed

Look there was barely any action (if you can call struggling not to get captured/eaten "action"), the dialogue was pretty bad and 2-3 pages were given to flashbacks that took up too much space which could have been given to Kakashi and Gai.

I was right with my Kage bushin prediction lol. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=13933112&postcount=17563)

Banana Knight Arthur
12th January 2012, 2:35 AM
What? Naruto used Sage Mode! And Kuruma started to openly back the kid! This chapter was paramount! Perhaps a bit slow, but still necessary.

This^^^

The last couple chapters may seem slow, but they are gradually showing the Kyuubi finally ready to help, and not hurt Naruto.

Lorde
12th January 2012, 2:48 AM

I'm surprised that people still care about Sage Mode; Naruto didn't use it until the end of the chapter anyway, so it's not like it played a big role. Wake me up when Naruto and the Kyuubi actually start working as a team.

Banana Knight Arthur
12th January 2012, 2:53 AM
I'm surprised that people still care about Sage Mode; Naruto didn't use it until the end of the chapter anyway, so it's not like it played a big role. Wake me up when Naruto and the Kyuubi actually start working as a team.

Frog-Sage mode?

Or Rikudo-Sage mode?

Clearly Frog-Sage is obsolete vs. the tier and caliber of enemies we are facing now.

TsukiMirage
12th January 2012, 3:41 AM
With proper teamwork, Sasuke's worst haxx, his immature Tsukuyomi, which with the Eternal-MS, by now is perfected, is useless when your bijuu cooperates and can break the genjutsu by disrupting the chakra flow. Sasuke's Tsukiyomi is technically prefect. He just lacks the ability to manipulate time like Itachi can, for which he can use Enton unlike Itachi. Anyway, the Bijuu defense isn't prefect. It would first have to realize that Naruto is in a genjutsu before it could break it, as we saw when Itachi succeed in putting a basic one on Kirabi.

I'm surprised that people still care about Sage Mode; Naruto didn't use it until the end of the chapter anyway, so it's not like it played a big role. Wake me up when Naruto and the Kyuubi actually start working as a team. Well, Sage Mode is pretty much the only time Naruto actually show some genius tactics.

lolipiece
12th January 2012, 4:26 AM
Sage Mode? Oh right, that existed.

Banana Knight Arthur
12th January 2012, 5:04 AM
Sennin is Sage, so we must remember to distinguish between Rikudo Sage, and Frog Sage Mode.

uber gon
12th January 2012, 3:26 PM
At least we're see Sage Mode being awesome in its own way during this arc.

Banana Knight Arthur
12th January 2012, 4:54 PM
At least we're see Sage Mode being awesome in its own way during this arc.

You people kill me……

I'm just going to assume you all mean Rikudo sage mode.

Crimsonlink
12th January 2012, 5:13 PM
You people kill me……

I'm just going to assume you all mean Rikudo sage mode.

Rikudo means 6 paths. How is Naruto 6 paths anything?

We say Sage mode because Jiraiya himself called it that when he fought Nagato.

Are you really gonna type Rikudo Sage mode every single time you mention it? Just call it Naruto's SS mode. I mean its pretty much a copy of Super Saiyan with some symbols drawn on his skin.

9 tails Chakra mode is the official name the wiki is going by. I'm just gonna call it Naruto's super mode.

Banana Knight Arthur
12th January 2012, 5:43 PM
Rikudo means 6 paths. How is Naruto 6 paths anything?

We say Sage mode because Jiraiya himself called it that when he fought Nagato.

Are you really gonna type Rikudo Sage mode every single time you mention it? Just call it Naruto's SS mode. I mean its pretty much a copy of Super Saiyan with some symbols drawn on his skin.

9 tails Chakra mode is the official name the wiki is going by. I'm just gonna call it Naruto's super mode.

Naruto's Rikudo sage mode gives him the appearance of the Rikudo sennin's outline.

Lorde
12th January 2012, 6:24 PM
Frog-Sage mode?

Or Rikudo-Sage mode?

Clearly Frog-Sage is obsolete vs. the tier and caliber of enemies we are facing now.

I meant his Toad Sage mode - the mode where he absorbs natural energy by becoming still. I usually call his other mode "Jinchuriki Mode", but I've seen several different names for it.

Endless
12th January 2012, 7:38 PM
Naruto's Rikudo sage mode gives him the appearance of the Rikudo sennin's outline.

Nearly every time I see anybody mention sage mode, it means toad sage mode.

"the Rikudo sage mode" is just called 9 tails chakra mode.

Anyway, while the chapter was pretty slow, I liked to see sage mode again. While it isn't as powerful as the 9 tails chakra mode, it forces Naruto to use strategies instead of just brute strenght. And in my opinion makes the battles more interesting than both sides just attacking head on with extremely over powered justus.

Platinum fan.
12th January 2012, 9:34 PM
I prefer sage mode over 9 tails chakra mode anyway. But I have to admit it is kinda forgettable now with all the new powerups and stuff. Poor ole sage mode.

Banana Knight Arthur
12th January 2012, 9:41 PM
I prefer Rikudo Cloak mode better.

Looks cooler, and is more poweful.

Frog-Sage mode is outclassed by the current enemies.

Lorde
12th January 2012, 9:47 PM
I like Rikudo Mode more than Toad Sage Mode, but that's only because the former is new. I'm sure that it'll become obsolete soon, though. Once Naruto and the Kyuubi start working together and Naruto can use the Bijuu Ball nothing else will really matter.

Shneak
12th January 2012, 9:52 PM
I don't like the Kyuubi Cloak, it just seems overpowered. Sage Mode did too at it's debut, but Naruto seems to be smarter with it.

Banana Knight Arthur
12th January 2012, 9:53 PM
I don't like the Kyuubi Cloak, it just seems overpowered. Sage Mode did too at it's debut, but Naruto seems to be smarter with it.

By Kyuubi cloak, you mean Rikudo Cloak mode?

He is bad@s$ in that mode.

He can move at speeds that for all purposes equal his dad's body-flicker technique, but better, as he doesn't need seals on items to teleport/high speed flicker.

Platinum fan.
12th January 2012, 10:59 PM
I think that is why I like Sage Mode! Naruto seems much smarter in that mode, but he's not totally dumb in Kyuubi Mode either. I like both modes, I guess I just prefer Sage Mode for Naruto's smarts and for his awesome battle with Pain/Nagato while using Sage Mode. Kyuubi Mode hasn't had that one thrilling battle yet, despite the fact that it's new it has already been used way more then Sage Mode already thanks to the war. I suspect Kyuubi Mode's awesome battle will come from either Tobi, Sasuke, or both.

-Raiga-
12th January 2012, 11:06 PM
People are complaining that the chapters are too slow, but of course a few chapters ago people were complaining that the kyuubi was gaining trust in naruto too quickly.

I know its the biggest manga on the planet, but it seems like people will complain about anything and everything.

Platinum fan.
12th January 2012, 11:58 PM
I never complained about either. This manga gets updated a lot quicker then others even on it's slow days and I never thought Kyuubi was trusting Naruto to quickly. If anything it's taking forever. Even after all this noble talk from Naruto, the fox still won't help just yet. That is one stubborn Bijuu.

Banana Knight Arthur
13th January 2012, 12:37 AM
People are complaining that the chapters are too slow, but of course a few chapters ago people were complaining that the kyuubi was gaining trust in naruto too quickly.

I know its the biggest manga on the planet, but it seems like people will complain about anything and everything.

I though One Piece, or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure were the longest/biggest manga.

Naruto and Bleach are like 2nd tier to One Piece I heard.

Lorde
13th January 2012, 1:26 AM

It may seem overpowered right now, but I'm sure Naruto will gain some other power that will make the cloak look basic.

I think you're talking about two different groups of people.

Banana Knight Arthur
13th January 2012, 1:35 AM
It may seem overpowered right now, but I'm sure Naruto will gain some other power that will make the cloak look basic.

I think you're talking about two different groups of people.

Or, and it is a big OR, the Rikudo Cloak will evolve to become just as haxx as Susano'o.

It will be a rematch of the Rikudo's children, he who inherited the body of the sage(Naruto), and he who inherited the eyes of the sage(Sasuke)/

Crimsonlink
13th January 2012, 1:57 AM
What are you guys talking about? Naruto's super mode is pretty weak.

It went from almost owning Kisame to struggling against the Raikage. Until Naruto gets Bijuu Rasengan down, he has nothing decent in that form besides speed and defense against the enemy. Even his speed has been nerfed recently as the 4 tails caught him so easily.

Banana Knight Arthur
13th January 2012, 2:10 AM
What are you guys talking about? Naruto's super mode is pretty weak.

It went from almost owning Kisame to struggling against the Raikage. Until Naruto gets Bijuu Rasengan down, he has nothing decent in that form besides speed and defense against the enemy. Even his speed has been nerfed recently as the 4 tails caught him so easily.

Being fair to Naruto, he is worn out from all the battles he's been party to.

Vs. Kisame he was fresh and rested.

Locormus
13th January 2012, 2:19 AM
Being fair to Naruto, he is worn out from all the battles he's been party to.

Vs. Kisame he was fresh and rested.

That's true. Also, Naruto gets even more control in his 'chakra-limbs'.. Something that he had less conscious control of in any other states.

TsukiMirage
13th January 2012, 6:36 AM
By Kyuubi cloak, you mean Rikudo Cloak mode?

He is bad@s$ in that mode.

He can move at speeds that for all purposes equal his dad's body-flicker technique, but better, as he doesn't need seals on items to teleport/high speed flicker. He's been pretty lame in that mode. He hasn't even made use of his shunshin speed in an actual battle. Sage Mode as better because he was actually shown fighting with some intelligences.

Banana Knight Arthur
13th January 2012, 2:14 PM
He's been pretty lame in that mode. He hasn't even made use of his shunshin speed in an actual battle. Sage Mode as better because he was actually shown fighting with some intelligences.

Well Naruto hasn't been in a proper battle with it.

Just scuffles in this war. It will be developed properly vs. Sasuke most likely.

TsukiMirage
13th January 2012, 4:46 PM
Currently he's in a proper battle, one where being faster then the Sharingan and Rinnegan can track would be greatly helpful.

Banana Knight Arthur
13th January 2012, 6:00 PM
The real question is how strong has Sasuke become?

do y'all think he can stand up to Tobi or Madara, the real one, now?

Lorde
13th January 2012, 6:20 PM
The real question is how strong has Sasuke become?

do y'all think he can stand up to Tobi or Madara, the real one, now?

I know Sasuke is a lot stronger than before - probably on par with Naruto - but I highly doubt that he could stand up to Tobi or Madara. In fact, I think it would be lazy writing if Sasuke were able to fighting equally with Tobi; it would be especially anticlimactic if Sasuke defeated Tobi, who should be defeated by Naruto instead.

Banana Knight Arthur
13th January 2012, 7:39 PM
I know Sasuke is a lot stronger than before - probably on par with Naruto - but I highly doubt that he could stand up to Tobi or Madara. In fact, I think it would be lazy writing if Sasuke were able to fighting equally with Tobi; it would be especially anticlimactic if Sasuke defeated Tobi, who should be defeated by Naruto instead.

Honestly, barring the Kurama's 100 % cooperation opening up a new form, or expanding on Rikudo cloak form, I think Sasuke with his Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan is more skilled and more powerful than Naruto.

Joltik-Kid
14th January 2012, 12:34 AM
Currently...all though I hate the guy, Sasuke probably is more powerful then Naruto...but the fact the Naruto has access to different forms and can effectively use them at the same time, probably makes up for the gap. If all else fails, Naruto will probably gain full power over Kurama sooner or later and with that power, it'll help him use the Tailed Beast Bomb