PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The end is here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108

Earthbound Sun
7th March 2012, 10:20 PM
- Why is Anko's body still there? Creepy.

This.

I'm actually kind of glad to hear that Tsunade's super strength is still a viable weapon, considering Madara said that it's more powerful than Raikage+Onoki's weighted rocks and raiton armour. She'll be fine though, she made quite a big deal about her new seal; it must do something right?

Charminions
7th March 2012, 10:21 PM
Things are getting quite interesting but I'm quite disappointed in the uselessness off the kages. I mean, c'mon, they're kages. They should have some more tricks up their sleeve. I don't really expect them to beat Madara since he's so haxxed out but atleast make it a close fight. That said, I'm looking forward to see how Itachi will handle this situation and it looks like Sasuke followed him.

TsukiMirage
7th March 2012, 10:31 PM
Was she?

She still got impaled by a huge vine.......I'm just ready for her to die already. It wasn't a vine, it was Madara's Susanoo sword. You can see it being held by the arm a moment later.

Anyway, much to my surprise, Kishi actually allows Tsunade to take a center role this chapter. Though I have to say she wasn't as impressive as she could have been, although learning that she's stronger then Ee was a neat piece of info. I would also have to say Mei was awesome this chapter even if she wasn't allowed the spotlight. Countering a technique on her own that took multiple ninjas before to block was really impressive. And with Madara speaking of his brother dying, it seems the theory of Tobi being Izuna has been proven wrong. Also, we learn another of Hashirama's abilities, creating a cone which only the Sharingan seems to be able to see through. Though I doubt Tsunade will die from the wound Madara gave her, I can't see her lasting much longer given how much chakra she must have already used up. Anyway, Itachi has finally fount Kabuto and though Sasuke followed against his wishes, I expect an interesting showdown to begin next chapter. Itachi's reaction at the end of the chapter when he realize Sasuke was there was priceless. Wonderful chapter.

-Raiga-
7th March 2012, 11:03 PM
I'm displeased with the idea of madara and hashirama being on such a ridiculous tier compared to everyone else, more then I am about the kages not comparing to him(though thats bad too.)

I mean, I never got the older ninjas being comparable to the ones of "today". In the real world, if you put soldier from the civil war up against a current soldier, who'd win?

I get that its a manga, but I'd much rather the crazy powerful one be tobi and not madara.

Shadow Lucario
7th March 2012, 11:07 PM
Unless Tsunade can heal instantly then I don't expect her to survive for much longer. This isn't Bleach.

Lorde
7th March 2012, 11:28 PM
It wasn't a vine, it was Madara's Susanoo sword. You can see it being held by the arm a moment later.

I thought it was that at first, but then it looked like a Mokuton vine. The fact that it's part of Susano'o makes me worry about Tsunade; I doubt she'll survive that.

Platinum fan.
7th March 2012, 11:34 PM
If Tsunade does die, she'll be the first main character to actually die in this one sided war with no deaths from any important people. I'm sorry if I sound like a douche but I wanted some deaths and some emotion from this war. I'm getting nothing so far. I didn't think Tsunade would make it to the end of the Naruto series to be honest so if she dies here...at least let her have some kind of a honorable death.

For everyone getting on the kages backs for doing so poor against Madara, cut them some slack. Madara is a zombie with the most uber powers in the series. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kabuto cuts off the Edo Tensei jutsu but Madara is so powerful he can defy logic and still stay alive. The 1st Hokage really must have been the strongest Hokage of all time if he defeated this guy solo.

Banana Knight Arthur
8th March 2012, 3:53 AM
If Tsunade does die, she'll be the first main character to actually die in this one sided war with no deaths from any important people. I'm sorry if I sound like a douche but I wanted some deaths and some emotion from this war. I'm getting nothing so far. I didn't think Tsunade would make it to the end of the Naruto series to be honest so if she dies here...at least let her have some kind of a honorable death.

For everyone getting on the kages backs for doing so poor against Madara, cut them some slack. Madara is a zombie with the most uber powers in the series. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kabuto cuts off the Edo Tensei jutsu but Madara is so powerful he can defy logic and still stay alive. The 1st Hokage really must have been the strongest Hokage of all time if he defeated this guy solo.

Tobi and Madara are just too hax'ed from inception.

It's bad enough Sasuke and Naruto have crept from where they were in Part 1 to these ridiculous levels they're at now.

Platinum fan.
8th March 2012, 5:59 AM
Tobi and Madara are just too hax'ed from inception.

It's bad enough Sasuke and Naruto have crept from where they were in Part 1 to these ridiculous levels they're at now.

To be fair it was pretty obvious Naruto and Sasuke were going to become two of the most powerful ninjas on the planet. Naruto has trained with the best in Jiraiya and Kakashi and Sasuke's a Uchiha, nuff said. Did they advance much quicker then I thought? Yes they did. I would have thought they would reach this level when they were like either 18 or 20. But there should be no doubt they would have surpass everyone in part 1. The Naruto vs Sasuke final in part 1 clearly showed them to be the future of ninjas.

Banana Knight Arthur
8th March 2012, 6:54 AM
To be fair it was pretty obvious Naruto and Sasuke were going to become two of the most powerful ninjas on the planet. Naruto has trained with the best in Jiraiya and Kakashi and Sasuke's a Uchiha, nuff said. Did they advance much quicker then I thought? Yes they did. I would have thought they would reach this level when they were like either 18 or 20. But there should be no doubt they would have surpass everyone in part 1. The Naruto vs Sasuke final in part 1 clearly showed them to be the future of ninjas.

Just sucks that the rest of the Rookie 9 or 11, not sure if Team Guy is included, were not also developed and improved to a similar extent.

Things feel so forced and contrived, now that only a handful of ninja are strong enough to fight on the scale of Sasuke/Naruto/Tobi/Madara.

TsukiMirage
8th March 2012, 10:17 AM
I'm displeased with the idea of madara and hashirama being on such a ridiculous tier compared to everyone else, more then I am about the kages not comparing to him(though thats bad too.)

I mean, I never got the older ninjas being comparable to the ones of "today". In the real world, if you put soldier from the civil war up against a current soldier, who'd win?

I get that its a manga, but I'd much rather the crazy powerful one be tobi and not madara. Well to be fair, once you discount the difference in weaponry, a soldier from the past would likely be physically stronger then a current soldier. After all, their training and experiences would have began much earlier then that of a later soldier in addition to spending a greater portion of their life on the battlefield.

I thought it was that at first, but then it looked like a Mokuton vine. The fact that it's part of Susano'o makes me worry about Tsunade; I doubt she'll survive that. Yeah, but the swords Madara's Susanoo do have a similar wavy appearance as Mokuton in the first place. She'll probably survive long enough to see Madara get defeated by Itachi's action ad meet Dan again. That's the only reason I see him still being around for.

brad0788
8th March 2012, 10:55 AM
I think Tsunade will survive Madara's attack but will die by the time the war is over or by the time Itachi ends Edo Tensei, only living long enough to see Dan. As to who becomes Hokage after her is between Naruto or Kakashi. I'm also thinking Might Guy will also die. Kishi has to show how much power is in the final gate by the time the manga ends and when given the choice of Guy or Lee he'll choose to keep Lee alive.

Lorde
8th March 2012, 7:30 PM

I personally didn't think that Naruto improved much during the timeskip. He learned a couple of new techniques like that medium-sized Rasengan, but I think Sasuke improved the most during the break. I wonder if that was due to Orochimaru's training methods, or Sasuke's natural talent.

Platinum fan.
8th March 2012, 8:45 PM
I personally didn't think that Naruto improved much during the timeskip. He learned a couple of new techniques like that medium-sized Rasengan, but I think Sasuke improved the most during the break. I wonder if that was due to Orochimaru's training methods, or Sasuke's natural talent.

Kabuto's drugs played a factor in Sasuke's amazing growth as well, as Sakura said his growth level wasn't normal and came to the conclusion that he had altered by Kabuto's drugs. This theory was later supported when Kakashi said Sakura's poison kunai would not work on Sasuke.

Naruto didn't improve new attack wise but he was much smarter then he was in part 1, even at the start of part 2. It was noted his shadow clone control and timing was much better then before. Plus I'm sure Kishi wanted all of Naruto's main growth to be seen hence why we saw him learn all these new things like the Rasen Shuriken, Sage Mode, and and Kyubi control stuff on screen or panel as oppose to Sasuke who learns nearly all his moves off panel bar a few of them.

Banana Knight Arthur
8th March 2012, 9:02 PM
This theory was later supported when Kakashi said Sakura's poison kunai would not work on Sasuke.

Didn't they just mention that due to all of Orochimaru's experiments and preparations for taking Sasuke's body, they made it resistant to poisons?

I would assume the poison expert was Orochimaru.

Shneak
8th March 2012, 10:53 PM
I think Tsunade is going to survive through this fight. I've been thinking she would fight Dan, but maybe she'll just give her life to save the Kages and be with him.

Her mitosis technique rapidly divides her cells so she can heal almost instantaneously, but it shortens her lifespan. I think she'll use this to the maximum and become practically immortal until she kills Madara, then she'll die.

-Raiga-
8th March 2012, 10:59 PM
Well to be fair, once you discount the difference in weaponry, a soldier from the past would likely be physically stronger then a current soldier. After all, their training and experiences would have began much earlier then that of a later soldier in addition to spending a greater portion of their life on the battlefield.

You're forgetting the biggest factor of any soldier, and thats knowledge. If Madara and hashirama were this great, all these skills would be taught to later generations, only making it easier and easier for each generation to become stronger then the last.

Maybe its a stupid example, but its exactly why there was only a few pablo picasso's in art some hundred years ago, but now you have 17 year olds on deviantart miles beyond that skill level.

Its worth noting I do understand madara and the first hokage are fused to an extent, but still, 1 and a half great ninja shouldn't compare to 5 current day ones.

Banana Knight Arthur
8th March 2012, 11:29 PM
I think Tsunade is going to survive through this fight. I've been thinking she would fight Dan, but maybe she'll just give her life to save the Kages and be with him.

Her mitosis technique rapidly divides her cells so she can heal almost instantaneously, but it shortens her lifespan. I think she'll use this to the maximum and become practically immortal until she kills Madara, then she'll die.

"I'm Already Dead", there was a chapter titled as such, and so is Madara.

As far as her released seal + Super-Mitosis shortening her lifespan, well she reached her 50s, so isn't it about time for the shortened lifespan to take effect?

Lorde
9th March 2012, 12:08 AM
Kabuto's drugs played a factor in Sasuke's amazing growth as well, as Sakura said his growth level wasn't normal and came to the conclusion that he had altered by Kabuto's drugs. This theory was later supported when Kakashi said Sakura's poison kunai would not work on Sasuke.

I forgot about that. I mean, I remember when Sakura came up with the theory, but I thought it was just speculation. I kind of forgot that Kakashi talked about Sasuke's immunity to poison when Team 7 caught up with him after the Gokage Summit. It's certainly interesting, though.

Profesco
9th March 2012, 5:36 AM
I was just glad to see Madara say Tsunade was stronger than Raikage. I still enjoy her, so I feel specially comforted when she gets some accolade or another.

:D

Shadow Lucario
9th March 2012, 6:01 AM
I was just glad to see Madara say Tsunade was stronger than Raikage. I still enjoy her, so I feel specially comforted when she gets some accolade or another.

That really surprised me because the Raikage was strong enough to crack Sasuke's Susanoo's rib. So I'm pretty sure Tsunade would have been able to break it when it was incomplete.

Banana Knight Arthur
9th March 2012, 6:19 AM
That really surprised me because the Raikage was strong enough to crack Sasuke's Susanoo's rib. So I'm pretty sure Tsunade would have been able to break it when it was incomplete.

Remember, this is likely Tsunade's last stand. Her many uses, both on-screen and off, of her Super-Mitosis/Seal Release, will catch up with her, if not now, very soon.

What better way to conclude her story arc? The man who "lost" to her grandfather, taking her life, albeit indirectly.

Joltik-Kid
9th March 2012, 8:03 AM

He also said she was slower then him too...so Raikage probably would still be stronger then her in those terms. But yes, it did give Tsunade some much deserved credit ^^

TsukiMirage
9th March 2012, 12:10 PM
Kabuto's drugs played a factor in Sasuke's amazing growth as well, as Sakura said his growth level wasn't normal and came to the conclusion that he had altered by Kabuto's drugs. This theory was later supported when Kakashi said Sakura's poison kunai would not work on Sasuke. That was just an assumption by Sakura, not actually proven. And Sasuke's poison resistances came from Orochimaru, not Kabuto.

You're forgetting the biggest factor of any soldier, and thats knowledge. If Madara and hashirama were this great, all these skills would be taught to later generations, only making it easier and easier for each generation to become stronger then the last.

Maybe its a stupid example, but its exactly why there was only a few pablo picasso's in art some hundred years ago, but now you have 17 year olds on deviantart miles beyond that skill level.

Its worth noting I do understand madara and the first hokage are fused to an extent, but still, 1 and a half great ninja shouldn't compare to 5 current day ones. Not really, since their strength came from their unique abilities, something that couldn't be taught to others, at least when it comes to Hashirama. Yamato's the only other person capable of fighting like Hashirama and due to him not being an actual Senju, his abilities are still limited. Itachi and Sasuke probably could mimic Madara and likely by the end of the series will be just as strong if not stronger then he was in his prime.

Platinum fan.
9th March 2012, 2:52 PM
Whether it was Orochimaru or Kabuto doesn't matter, Sasuke probably had a bunch of illegal stuff done to him during the time skip. I'm sure Orochimaru was doing more then just basic training to get Sasuke uber powerful, he was his next host. It's to unreal to think Sasuke got that powerful over the time skip by just regular training. At the start of part 2 he was far above Naruto when they had fought on somewhat equal grounds at the end of part 1, with Sasuke just being a cut above him with the cursed seal. We know Orochimaru experiments on his warriors to make them stronger, it's foolish to think Sasuke didn't get some enhancements from science.

Lorde
9th March 2012, 7:29 PM

I was glad that he mentioned that, too. I thought that the Raikage was stronger, so it was nice that Madara cleared up that misconception. Still, I don't think Tsunade will be around for much longer. I like her as a character, but it seems that she's taken quite a beating, and I'm not sure that she'll recover.

Banana Knight Arthur
9th March 2012, 8:58 PM
I was glad that he mentioned that, too. I thought that the Raikage was stronger, so it was nice that Madara cleared up that misconception. Still, I don't think Tsunade will be around for much longer. I like her as a character, but it seems that she's taken quite a beating, and I'm not sure that she'll recover.

Tsunade's strength is different though.

Her strength comes in bursts, where as A's is consistent/constant.

Joltik-Kid
9th March 2012, 9:03 PM
Tsunade's strength is different though.

Her strength comes in bursts, where as A's is consistent/constant.
What do you mean by bursts? Just curious

7 tyranitars
9th March 2012, 11:09 PM
Tsunade basicly "charges her attacks up" before she can I attack , while A basicly mows through the enemies.

Crimsonlink
9th March 2012, 11:20 PM
What do you mean by bursts? Just curious

Tsunade can have all the power in the world but it won't matter if it doesn't hit. So her strength is kinda useless just like Sakura's. Maybe if she used it in combination with medic ninjutsu to cripple's enemies moments and then punch/kick them; which was what Sakura's main role should have been. But we all know what happened to that.

Banana Knight Arthur
9th March 2012, 11:40 PM
Tsunade can have all the power in the world but it won't matter if it doesn't hit. So her strength is kinda useless just like Sakura's. Maybe if she used it in combination with medic ninjutsu to cripple's enemies moments and then punch/kick them; which was what Sakura's main role should have been. But we all know what happened to that.

Pretty much.

If the enemy is speedy, and can reach her/attack her prior to her charging/gathering her chakra, then it is useless.

TrollsterInc
9th March 2012, 11:53 PM
Pretty much.

If the enemy is speedy, and can reach her/attack her prior to her charging/gathering her chakra, then it is useless.

Bear in mind she's a female in shonen manga; most, if not all of them, are useless, or near useless, or punted out the main storyline.

Lorde
10th March 2012, 12:48 AM
Bear in mind she's a female in shonen manga; most, if not all of them, are useless, or near useless, or punted out the main storyline.

Yeah. Unfortunately, Tsunade was doomed from the start because she's a woman. It's sad, but that's just how things are. At the very least, she can die like a hero. That would sort of make up for all the times she has failed.

TrollsterInc
10th March 2012, 12:52 AM
Yeah. Unfortunately, Tsunade was doomed from the start because she's a woman. It's sad, but that's just how things are. At the very least, she can die like a hero. That would sort of make up for all the times she has failed.

Doubt she'll get even that. Madara will probably act like his usual smug, arrogant self and pimpslap her heroic, last-ditch efforts away like the ego-driven ****head he is.

TsukiMirage
10th March 2012, 2:01 AM
Whether it was Orochimaru or Kabuto doesn't matter, Sasuke probably had a bunch of illegal stuff done to him during the time skip. I'm sure Orochimaru was doing more then just basic training to get Sasuke uber powerful, he was his next host. It's to unreal to think Sasuke got that powerful over the time skip by just regular training. At the start of part 2 he was far above Naruto when they had fought on somewhat equal grounds at the end of part 1, with Sasuke just being a cut above him with the cursed seal. We know Orochimaru experiments on his warriors to make them stronger, it's foolish to think Sasuke didn't get some enhancements from science. I doubt much was being done given that taking a host didn't require much more then the Cursed Seal and that was really his main source of experimentation. I don't think Sasuke's growth was all that strange. When you compare him to the likes of Kakashi and Itachi, he still didn't grow that much as quickly. Also, I would point out that both Sakura and Gaara also had relatively high growths over the time skip. Naruto was just slow in that regard.

Profesco
10th March 2012, 4:40 AM

But that first part is the same for anybody, then - not just Tsunade. You, me, and Abraham Lincoln could all be powerhouses too, and it wouldn't matter if we never got to hit our opponents. =<

Mind you I can agree that the cool powers Tsunade has haven't been put to any great use (besides the couple times she's miraculously saved her own and other people's lives), but I was just saying the first time that I'm really glad we at least get to confirm those powers exist. Tsunade might get poorer treatment in action than Raikage, but I'm satisfied by the reassurance that she's physically stronger than that great big muscular macho man all the same. Small things, you see. ^_^;

Lorde
10th March 2012, 4:50 AM
Doubt she'll get even that. Madara will probably act like his usual smug, arrogant self and pimpslap her heroic, last-ditch efforts away like the ego-driven ****head he is.

Regardless, I'm going to stay positive. I want Tsunade to die in a heroic way so that all her previous blunders can be fixed. I was hoping that she'd die saving someone she knows like Naruto or Sakura, but if she helps seal Madara before her death, I'll be content.

stevendat
10th March 2012, 5:14 AM
I thought her power wasn't in bursts but more of a charge it up and then maintain that high level of energy so that all her attacks were insanely powerful.

TsukiMirage
10th March 2012, 10:02 AM
No, it's basically a burst. Tsunade gathers chakra in her fist and releases it as she lands the hit. That's why she and Sakura needed excellent chakra control in order to use it.

Blaziryu
10th March 2012, 7:28 PM
This week's chapter (577) was awesome! Tsunade looks pretty bada** while using her Miotic Regeneration technique. I'm glad Madara made that statement about Tsunade being stronger than the Raikage. I just wish Madara would shut his mouth since he keeps talking sh*t about how great he is and blah, blah, blah. It's so annoying. I can't wait to see what's going to happen next week. Will Itachi stop Kabuto from using Edo Tensei? And what will Sasuke do?

Lorde
10th March 2012, 7:37 PM
I'm not surprised that Madara keeps talking about how strong he is; I knew he'd be arrogant, just like every other villain. The thing that bothers me is how Tsunade and the others didn't notice that he switched places with a Mokuton clone; you'd think that the Gokage would have noticed that before they charged into battle.

Charminions
10th March 2012, 7:52 PM
This week's chapter (577) was awesome! Tsunade looks pretty bada** while using her Miotic Regeneration technique. I'm glad Madara made that statement about Tsunade being stronger than the Raikage. I just wish Madara would shut his mouth since he keeps talking sh*t about how great he is and blah, blah, blah. It's so annoying. I can't wait to see what's going to happen next week. Will Itachi stop Kabuto from using Edo Tensei? And what will Sasuke do?

Stronger as in more brute strength (which was somewhat obvious).

I hope the next time they continue this fight, they will showcase the Mizukage (since she hasn't been given much spotlight) and Gaara (since he didn't get much spotlight during this fight) but that doesn't seem so likely.

I think Sasuke will help out Itachi in stopping Kabuto but after the fight Itachi will go back to the dead zone obviously and Sasuke will go on to do more evil stuff. It would be awesome to see Sasuke and Itachi fight along side each other.

Platinum fan.
10th March 2012, 8:28 PM

That's my gripe with super strength characters. Yeah you have super strength but how good is it if your not fast enough? It's why I currently still prefer Raikage over Tsunade. He might be weaker but he's got Minato like speed and his own level of super strength. It's my gripe with Sakura too. She's probably got more strength punching wise then Sasuke and Naruto, but both these boys can easily overcome her super strength. Super strength only seems to be good with something to balance it out. Poor Tsunade.

TrollsterInc
10th March 2012, 11:50 PM
I'm not surprised that Madara keeps talking about how strong he is; I knew he'd be arrogant, just like every other villain. The thing that bothers me is how Tsunade and the others didn't notice that he switched places with a Mokuton clone; you'd think that the Gokage would have noticed that before they charged into battle.

Its because Madara is an overpowered ***. He's one of the main embodiments of what is wrong with the series.

Joltik-Kid
11th March 2012, 4:46 AM
The manga has been reaching those overpowered status's a lot lately

Crimsonlink
11th March 2012, 4:54 AM
Its kinda sad how Naruto fell into the same trap as DBZ and made only 2 people stronger than the rest. Naruto and Sasuke (aka Goku and Vegeta) vs Tobi and Madara (aka Buu and Cell) (Madara even regenerates like Cell and has different powers from his rival lmao)

TyranitarFan
11th March 2012, 5:21 AM
Its kinda sad how Naruto fell into the same trap as DBZ and made only 2 people stronger than the rest. Naruto and Sasuke (aka Goku and Vegeta) vs Tobi and Madara (aka Buu and Cell) (Madara even regenerates like Cell and has different powers from his rival lmao)

well to be fair, everyone under edo tensei can regenerate

Lorde
11th March 2012, 5:26 AM
Its because Madara is an overpowered ***. He's one of the main embodiments of what is wrong with the series.

Madara was always considered to be one of the strongest ninja in the series; that's exactly why he's Kabuto's trump card. I think the Gokage will have to outsmart Madara since they can't overpower him using physical force.

Banana Knight Arthur
11th March 2012, 6:10 AM
Madara was always considered to be one of the strongest ninja in the series; that's exactly why he's Kabuto's trump card. I think the Gokage will have to outsmart Madara since they can't overpower him using physical force.

Isn't it clear Madara is past a level where he can be overpowered or outthought.

Their only hope is Itachi and his seeming belief he can force Kabutomaru to release the Edo Tensei.

TrollsterInc
11th March 2012, 12:10 PM

And I can accept he's strong, but the level to which he is is simply ridiculous.

He's basically to Naruto what Buu is to DBZ; endless energy, regenerates from every wound, has basically all the OP powers-Sharingan, Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, Rinnegan, Wood Release-and it doesn't seem he can be outsmarted either, because he always counters with "WELL I'LL JUST USE A TECHNIQUE WHICH ONLY I KNOW AND YOU CANT COUNTER LOL"

TsukiMirage
11th March 2012, 12:53 PM
In Madara's defense though, he basically has the powers of the Rikudou Sennin (along with Edo Tensei immortality). Considering what a god the Rikudou Sennin was made out to be, it's only fitting someone with the same powers be as godly. Considering both Naruto and Sasuke are being set up to surpass him and Hashirama, I would say what Madara is doing right now is gonna look like a joke when they have their fight.

Platinum fan.
11th March 2012, 4:39 PM
While Sasuke and Naruto are going to surpass Madara and the 1st Hokage, I doubt even they will make Madara look like a "joke". Madara is far to broken to ever look like a joke unless the person has God like powers and can just kill by just thinking it. That's about the only way I could see Madara being made a joke. But yeah, Naruto and Sasuke are set up to being the most powerful ninjas of their generation, past and present.

Lorde
11th March 2012, 7:47 PM
I'm not happy about Madara's "brokenness", but that's because it makes Tobi look like a weakling by comparison. Tobi's the main villain in this story, but he continues to be overshadowed by Madara and Kabuto. I thought that the Rinnegan and the Bijuu would change that, but Naruto, Killer Bee and even Kakashi and Guy have been able to keep up with Tobi during their recent battle.

7 tyranitars
11th March 2012, 8:01 PM
I'm not happy about Madara's "brokenness", but that's because it makes Tobi look like a weakling by comparison. Tobi's the main villain in this story, but he continues to be overshadowed by Madara and Kabuto. I thought that the Rinnegan and the Bijuu would change that, but Naruto, Killer Bee and even Kakashi and Guy have been able to keep up with Tobi during their recent battle.

However Tobi didn't seem to be scared at all when Naruto defeated all his Bijuu.

Shneak
11th March 2012, 9:00 PM
However Tobi didn't seem to be scared at all when Naruto defeated all his Bijuu.

He was having a panic attack for a moment when it started raining.

I think we'll see more from him though. I think he'll actually start fighting when his identity is revealed.

TsukiMirage
11th March 2012, 9:34 PM
While Sasuke and Naruto are going to surpass Madara and the 1st Hokage, I doubt even they will make Madara look like a "joke". Madara is far to broken to ever look like a joke unless the person has God like powers and can just kill by just thinking it. That's about the only way I could see Madara being made a joke. But yeah, Naruto and Sasuke are set up to being the most powerful ninjas of their generation, past and present. Well a joke as in they'll be pulling off the same feats without being an immortal super zombie.

He was having a panic attack for a moment when it started raining.

I think we'll see more from him though. I think he'll actually start fighting when his identity is revealed. But that was more because Naruto implied he knew something Tobi didn't as oppose to Naruto defeating the other Bijuu. Tobi didn't care one bit that Naruto was throwing them around like a ragdoll.

Lorde
11th March 2012, 9:49 PM
I think he'll actually start fighting when his identity is revealed.

In other words, never? Because to me it feels like his identity will remain a secret forever. :(

Platinum fan.
11th March 2012, 10:08 PM
I think we'll get Tobi's identity eventually. But with everyone throwing around names as who it could be I don't think we'll be that shocked when he takes off his mask to reveal himself. Tobi will reveal himself to be Sasuke from a alternative future XD just to screw with us even more.

TrollsterInc
11th March 2012, 10:22 PM
I think we'll get Tobi's identity eventually. But with everyone throwing around names as who it could be I don't think we'll be that shocked when he takes off his mask to reveal himself. Tobi will reveal himself to be Sasuke from a alternative future XD just to screw with us even more.

If it is, I'll jump on Kishimoto's head in rage.

I have a theory its some sort of remnant of the Sage of the Six Paths, disillusioned with the Shinobi World. It would explain how he can control the Tailed Beasts with relative ease, and how he knows so much on the series' history/mythology.

Lorde
12th March 2012, 12:40 AM

If Tobi were Sasuke from the future, it would explain so much. :p

I'd actually like to see some time-traveling in this series. We usually get flashbacks when something from the past is being explained, but it would be nice if Naruto or some other character were transported to the past to actually witness the events. The closest we've gotten to that was when Itachi was talking about Madara and Izuna, but that was just genjutsu.

Banana Knight Arthur
12th March 2012, 3:37 AM

That's not something I think I'd appreciate.

I'd may rage-quit Naruto if that's the case.

Shadow Lucario
12th March 2012, 3:57 AM
If Tobi were Sasuke from the future, it would explain so much. :p

I'd actually like to see some time-traveling in this series. We usually get flashbacks when something from the past is being explained, but it would be nice if Naruto or some other character were transported to the past to actually witness the events. The closest we've gotten to that was when Itachi was talking about Madara and Izuna, but that was just genjutsu.

There was the fourth Naruto Shippuden movie. Naruto was sent to the past in that.

Lorde
12th March 2012, 4:42 AM
There was the fourth Naruto Shippuden movie. Naruto was sent to the past in that.

That is irrelevant since it isn't canon.

Anyway, I hope that Itachi defeats Kabuto quickly. He set out to defeat him a long time ago, and we've waited long enough. I do wonder what Sasuke's role in this is, though.

Banana Knight Arthur
12th March 2012, 4:45 AM

Anyway, I hope that Itachi defeats Kabuto quickly. He set out to defeat him a long time ago, and we've waited long enough. I do wonder what Sasuke's role in this is, though.

It's been months for us, but barely a day has past in the manga world of Naruto.

TrollsterInc
12th March 2012, 10:53 AM

I hope he doesn't; Kabuto is the best villain in the series, so if he gets a cheap one-shot battle I'm giving up. I refuse to let that smug bastard Madara become the main antagonist.

TsukiMirage
12th March 2012, 4:33 PM
I doubt Kishi will allow Kabuto that much time to shine, especially against the likes of Itachi and Sasuke. I'm sure Kabuto will be allowed to get one, maybe two good tricks in before being defeated to keep the two brother's superior.

Lorde
12th March 2012, 7:19 PM
I wonder if Kabuto will meet the same fate as Orochimaru; getting stabbed by Itachi's Sword of Totsuka and being stuck inside a genjutsu world for all eternity.

TrollsterInc
12th March 2012, 7:27 PM
I wonder if Kabuto will meet the same fate as Orochimaru; getting stabbed by Itachi's Sword of Totsuka and being stuck inside a genjutsu world for all eternity.

He can't; he needs to be kept alive to end the Edo Tensei. So my reckoning is he'll be kept alive to end the jutsu, then imprisoned or something.

Shadow Lucario
12th March 2012, 7:35 PM
I'm not too big a fan of Kabutomaru. I preferred the old Kabuto when he just got his *** kicked. Ahhh the good old days...

TrollsterInc
12th March 2012, 7:44 PM
I'm not too big a fan of Kabutomaru. I preferred the old Kabuto when he just got his *** kicked. Ahhh the good old days...

I'd have preferred it if he just got more powerful without injecting Pedomaru's remains into himself. I'm kinda fed up of people getting OP by taking other peoples powers. Only ones who did it well were Kakashi and Yamato, due to the fact they didn't become broken, which is what everyone else who does it seems to be.

Banana Knight Arthur
12th March 2012, 9:24 PM
I doubt Kishi will allow Kabuto that much time to shine, especially against the likes of Itachi and Sasuke. I'm sure Kabuto will be allowed to get one, maybe two good tricks in before being defeated to keep the two brother's superior.

I'd like it if Sasuke aided Itachi, however, didn't Itachi summon some crows to somehow impede Sasuke's interferance?

7 tyranitars
12th March 2012, 11:07 PM
I actualy like Kabutomaru it certainly fits his sneakyness. :p

WinterStarlight
13th March 2012, 12:10 AM
How did I not notice this thread before?! Well I'm a huge Naruto fan since the show came out. I feel bad for abonding it for a few years. I am trying to catch up by reading the manga and watching the episodes. So anyways can I join?

Lorde
13th March 2012, 1:14 AM
I actualy like Kabutomaru it certainly fits his sneakyness. :p

The thing that I hate about him is that he started out as a minor villain, and then he took some of Orochimaru's cells and suddenly returned as a BA villain who has an almost unstoppable jutsu; if Kabuto's conversion to Orochimaru 2.0 had been more gradual, I probably wouldn't really mind him.

TsukiMirage
13th March 2012, 1:21 AM
I'd like it if Sasuke aided Itachi, however, didn't Itachi summon some crows to somehow impede Sasuke's interferance? Didn't impede him in the slightest, though one as to wonder how Itachi expected them too. I can get him underestimating Sasuke somewhat, but unless those were special crows, a murder of crows don't seem like they would stop any skilled ninja. Anyway, now that he's there, Itachi would have no choice but to team up.

Banana Knight Arthur
13th March 2012, 1:44 AM
Didn't impede him in the slightest, though one as to wonder how Itachi expected them too. I can get him underestimating Sasuke somewhat, but unless those were special crows, a murder of crows don't seem like they would stop any skilled ninja. Anyway, now that he's there, Itachi would have no choice but to team up.

Moreso than teaming up, I'd think Sasuke would want to dispatch of Kabutomaru swiftly, in order to chat more with his Nii-san.

Although if they undid the Edo Tensei, Itachi would be dispatched too though....

The way Kabutomaru got so excited, makes me think he has a plan and is prepared to deal with the EMSharingan.

TrollsterInc
13th March 2012, 11:17 AM
Moreso than teaming up, I'd think Sasuke would want to dispatch of Kabutomaru swiftly, in order to chat more with his Nii-san.

Although if they undid the Edo Tensei, Itachi would be dispatched too though....

The way Kabutomaru got so excited, makes me think he has a plan and is prepared to deal with the EMSharingan.

Well he DID want Sasuke; I can guess thats Orochimaru's influence.

I think Itachi might just force him to remove all the Edo Tensei except for himself, have a chat with Sasuke, then leave himself.

TsukiMirage
13th March 2012, 12:15 PM

The way Kabutomaru got so excited, makes me think he has a plan and is prepared to deal with the EMSharingan. I really don't see why Sasuke would even care about killing Kabuto at this point. Last they met, he was perfectly willing to allow Kabuto to live. Anyway, Kabuto definitely has some sort of plan. He was basically baiting Tobi in using it and was confident that he could even deal with the Rinnegan. So he must have something up his sleeves to counter the Sharingan.

Platinum fan.
13th March 2012, 3:34 PM
At this point I don't care who it is that kills Kabuto. He's not as interesting as he once was for me, which is the case for many part 1 characters who don't stand the test of time and either become boring, not as interesting, or lasting longer then they should have. I only want to know what his objectives were from part 1 but Kabuto kinda has nothing left anymore in terms of surprises. I mean that for the plot, not battle wise. Summoning Madara felt like his last great act for the plot, but if I'm wrong I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Lorde
13th March 2012, 7:19 PM
Yeah, I can't be bothered with Kabuto. I thought he was going to be interesting because he had Orochimaru's powers, but he turned out to be redundant. I think Tobi, Sasuke and Edo Madara are better villains than he is, although Sasuke still annoys me sometimes.

Banana Knight Arthur
13th March 2012, 9:02 PM
At this point I don't care who it is that kills Kabuto. He's not as interesting as he once was for me, which is the case for many part 1 characters who don't stand the test of time and either become boring, not as interesting, or lasting longer then they should have. I only want to know what his objectives were from part 1 but Kabuto kinda has nothing left anymore in terms of surprises. I mean that for the plot, not battle wise. Summoning Madara felt like his last great act for the plot, but if I'm wrong I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Kabutomaru is here to stay, think about it. The 'thing' Suigetsu found could turn the tides of the entire war. Many things point to Orochimaru perhaps coming to the forefront again. I wouldn't mind if he ended up being the final villain.

TsukiMirage
13th March 2012, 11:48 PM
Wonder if that whole "bad blood" thing will ever be brought up again.

Banana Knight Arthur
14th March 2012, 12:47 AM
Wonder if that whole "bad blood" thing will ever be brought up again.

What 'blood'?

IS this referent to Orochimaru?

Platinum fan.
14th March 2012, 1:03 AM
Kabutomaru is here to stay, think about it. The 'thing' Suigetsu found could turn the tides of the entire war. Many things point to Orochimaru perhaps coming to the forefront again. I wouldn't mind if he ended up being the final villain.

Before I respond, let me say I like your avatar...it looks a little familar. This will sound funny when we change ours in the future XD

Anyway on to business of the subject, I really hope Orochimaru does not return. I've had enough of him, and if he comes back it's just poor writing. Let Tobi or even Sasuke be the final villain. Orochimaru would need a insane power boost to even be a legit threat anymore. I say let the snake master stay in his grave and just keep doing what they are doing now in teasing that Orochimaru knew a lot more then we thought but didn't live long enough to see it through.

Banana Knight Arthur
14th March 2012, 1:26 AM
Before I respond, let me say I like your avatar...it looks a little familar. This will sound funny when we change ours in the future XD

Anyway on to business of the subject, I really hope Orochimaru does not return. I've had enough of him, and if he comes back it's just poor writing. Let Tobi or even Sasuke be the final villain. Orochimaru would need a insane power boost to even be a legit threat anymore. I say let the snake master stay in his grave and just keep doing what they are doing now in teasing that Orochimaru knew a lot more then we thought but didn't live long enough to see it through.

Twinning!!!

Anyhow, I feel that part of Orochimaru's character and mystique, are his various methods and work arounds, cheating otherwise certain death.

I hate to think he didn't have at least 3 or 4 backup plans. Also, concerning power creep, remember, Madara was 'weaker' than Hashirama, but he was the winner so to speak, because he had the foresight to think about the future, and not just the present battle. With enough time, Orochimaru could achieve ridiculous hax power too.

Platinum fan.
14th March 2012, 1:34 AM
Twinning!!!

Anyhow, I feel that part of Orochimaru's character and mystique, are his various methods and work arounds, cheating otherwise certain death.

I hate to think he didn't have at least 3 or 4 backup plans. Also, concerning power creep, remember, Madara was 'weaker' than Hashirama, but he was the winner so to speak, because he had the foresight to think about the future, and not just the present battle. With enough time, Orochimaru could achieve ridiculous hax power too.

Twins rule!

But back on topic, there lies the problem. I think we have enough hax powers between Naruto, Sasuke, Kabuto, Tobi, and Mr. Broken aka Madara who puts everyone so far to shame whether it's Sasuke, Naruto, Pain/Nagato, Itachi ect. We really don't need another broken hax and Orochimaru coming back to life would be a huge one. I say just put all the hax powers on Madara and Tobi for now and make them look more threatening. Tobi already presents a bigger threat then Orochimaru due to his Sharingan and Rinnegan.

Banana Knight Arthur
14th March 2012, 1:37 AM
Twins rule!

But back on topic, there lies the problem. I think we have enough hax powers between Naruto, Sasuke, Kabuto, Tobi, and Mr. Broken aka Madara who puts everyone so far to shame whether it's Sasuke, Naruto, Pain/Nagato, Itachi ect. We really don't need another broken hax and Orochimaru coming back to life would be a huge one. I say just put all the hax powers on Madara and Tobi for now and make them look more threatening. Tobi already presents a bigger threat then Orochimaru due to his Sharingan and Rinnegan.

Just, it's a poor taste when Orochimaru never got his hands on a Sharingan, yet freakin' Danzo got almost a dozen/an arm full of 'em.

Platinum fan.
14th March 2012, 1:41 AM
Just, it's a poor taste when Orochimaru never got his hands on a Sharingan, yet freakin' Danzo got almost a dozen/an arm full of 'em.

I consider it part of his character. He never got what he truly wanted. No matter how hard he schemed, no matter who he took, he never got the Sharingan. Besides Orochimaru with Sharingan would be almost as broken as Madara. Only you can reverse a Edo Tensei to get rid of him because he has natural immortality.

Lorde
14th March 2012, 3:18 AM
I just realized that Madara mentioned Izuna in last week's chapter. I know we already discussed Kabuto's trump card and most of us believe that Madara is said trump card, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kabuto managed to obtain some of Izuna's DNA. It would be cool to see Izuna involved in the fight; if Itachi fails to stop the Edo Tensei, then maybe Edo Izuna could seal Madara.

Crimsonlink
14th March 2012, 4:02 AM

One of the plot holes of Naruto that Kishi opened up for himself lol. Sure transplanted Sharingans might not be as good as stealing a Uchiha's body but they were right in Oro's hands.

Then again Oro would have an orgasm if he saw Madara's stash of Sharingans along with the rest of the ninja world. Especially Kumo with their bloodline obsession.

Shneak
14th March 2012, 5:01 AM
I just realized that Madara mentioned Izuna in last week's chapter. I know we already discussed Kabuto's trump card and most of us believe that Madara is said trump card, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kabuto managed to obtain some of Izuna's DNA. It would be cool to see Izuna involved in the fight; if Itachi fails to stop the Edo Tensei, then maybe Edo Izuna could seal Madara.

Tobi being Izuna is still up in the air, but I don't see Kabuto having a bigger trump corpse than Madara. Unless it's somehow Hashirama, but we're mostly getting his techniques shown off from Madara (because, biologically, he's part Hashirama.)

edit: Yeesh, Izuna looks a lot like Sasuke. I'm sure we'll get some more references, maybe flashbacks, if Madara sees Sasuke.

miles0624
14th March 2012, 5:29 AM
Tobi being Izuna is still up in the air, but I don't see Kabuto having a bigger trump corpse than Madara. Unless it's somehow Hashirama, but we're mostly getting his techniques shown off from Madara (because, biologically, he's part Hashirama.)

edit: Yeesh, Izuna looks a lot like Sasuke. I'm sure we'll get some more references, maybe flashbacks, if Madara sees Sasuke.

Guys. LET TOBI JUST BE TOBI. I would rather him be a random ninja then someone from the past who apparently became superpowerful.

lolipiece
14th March 2012, 11:05 AM
No, Kishimoto, no!
(http://mangastream.com/read/jpreview/39497683/7)
You better NOT be trying to turn Sasuke good.

TrollsterInc
14th March 2012, 11:23 AM
No, Kishimoto, no!
You better NOT be trying to turn Sasuke good.

I doubt he will; Sasuke is notorious for choosing Revenge Before Reason (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RevengeBeforeReason) and generally only being driven by vengeance to fuel his inevitable clash with Naruto. I stopped caring about him long ago, and if Kabuto manages to kill him-something I seriously doubt- I will jump for joy.

TsukiMirage
14th March 2012, 11:43 AM
What 'blood'?

IS this referent to Orochimaru? It was something that happen all the way back in the Chuunin Exam when Kabuto was hit by the Ame ninja, his eyes turn red and later on somewhere was mentioned about his blood, though I can't recall where I heard it at.

No, Kishimoto, no!
You better NOT be trying to turn Sasuke good. Well it's not as if Sasuke hasn't done "good things" for his own goals. He took out Orochimaru and Deidara, which could be said to have been good actions, due to his own personal reasons. Or Kishi is simply laying the seeds for his eventual change by Naruto. Whatever the reason, I'm just excited to see him and Itachi teaming up.

7 tyranitars
14th March 2012, 11:50 AM
I still hope Sasuke will turn good again. :P I like happy endings XD.

Shadow Lucario
14th March 2012, 1:19 PM
Just read the chapter. Madara is making the Kages go five on one just as he did with wood clones. Sasuke and Itachi are going to team up and take out both Kabuto and Edo Tensei. Should be interesting to see two Uchiha team up. Two Sharingan masters against Kabutomaru seems like it will be very good. Then Itachi is going to talk to Sasuke about something. Can't wait to see that either.

laddyda
14th March 2012, 1:29 PM
according to the manga, has anyone died thanks to the war??

TrollsterInc
14th March 2012, 2:39 PM
according to the manga, has anyone died thanks to the war??

Lots of nameless people. Though its a pretty sure bet Onoki and Tsunade will kick the bucket; the former because he's old, and the latter because she's a shonen female.

If Sasuke doesn't change-which he probably will do after talking to Itachi and fighting Naruto- then he'll die. Was kinda hoping for more deaths, but I doubt Kishi will really pull a Harry Potter on folk now.

Lorde
14th March 2012, 7:07 PM
It's interesting that Madara felt the need to create tons of Mokuton clones; he seemed to be doing well on his own. I'm glad that Tsunade survived, though. And it seems that Itachi and Sasuke are going to stop Kabuto's Edo Tensei. I'm actually very surprised that they've joined forces; I know it won't last since Sasuke is still after vengeance, but at least it'll be interesting. Over all, it was a great chapter.

Profesco
14th March 2012, 7:47 PM
It's interesting that Madara felt the need to create tons of Mokuton clones; he seemed to be doing well on his own.

The Kages taunted Madara by saying they cornered him thanks to the 5-on-1 lean of their battle. He responded by saying that 5-on-1 is good for having fun, then he created 25 wood clones and sent groups of five of them to face against each individual Kage. It has nothing to do with how well he's been doing - he's totally toying with them. Has been from the start.

That's what's interesting. >P

Banana Knight Arthur
14th March 2012, 8:25 PM
The Kages taunted Madara by saying they cornered him thanks to the 5-on-1 lean of their battle. He responded by saying that 5-on-1 is good for having fun, then he created 25 wood clones and sent groups of five of them to face against each individual Kage. It has nothing to do with how well he's been doing - he's totally toying with them. Has been from the start.

I'm over Edo Madara. I need for him to go move into the bright white light of the afterlife already.

Sasuke and Itachi's tag team is the most interesting this to happen since Naruto took control of Kurama.

TrollsterInc
14th March 2012, 9:24 PM

Well being as OP as he is, it's kinda common knowledge, unless the Five Kage perform the Fusion Dance and-oh wait, wrong anime...

Platinum fan.
14th March 2012, 9:50 PM
This chapter, wow! Sasuke and Itachi vs Kabuto. I find it interesting Sasuke thought Kabuto was Orochimaru at first by the voice. I guess Kabuto sounds like Orochimaru now as well. Well he is Orochimaru 2.0 so whatever. Madara trolls the kages by creating several wood clones of himself. If they are all as broken as he is then they can't win. What with all the endless energy they'll all have being immortals. I guess the key lies in Itachi and Sasuke. Kind of funny the fate of the world rest on the Uchiha brothers. Sasuke wants to kill everyone but he just might end up being a bigger hero then he ever imagined...not by choice though, but still. I'm curious how Kabuto will combat Uchiha's though. None of Orochimaru's stuff ever worked on Itachi...or part 2 Sasuke for that matter.

Jb
14th March 2012, 9:50 PM
Guess I'm the only one that doesn't like the idea of Sasuke and Itachi teaming up. Even more so if this is laying the foundation for "his change to good" by Naruto.

Charminions
14th March 2012, 9:51 PM
Atleast we know that Tsunade has the same regeneration ability that Hashirama has so that's interesting. Besides that, the fight is just too "I'M SO UNSTOPPABLE THAT ALL FIVE KAGES CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO ME" for me to enjoy it. I'm glad that Itachi and Sasuke will fight together, which will be fun to watch.

Platinum fan.
14th March 2012, 9:53 PM
Oh come on! We all knew Sasuke would redeem himself in some shape or form at the very end. I thought Sasuke was going to die at the end of the series but die in a heroic way to redeem all the **** he pulled during her Darth Uchiha days. With all the world peace their preaching are you really at all surprised about Sasuke?

TsukiMirage
14th March 2012, 9:54 PM
That opening page was cool in a cute way. Liked seeing Sasuke act surprised at Orochimaru possibly being alive, and how he thought so little of Kabuto that he simply used some shurikens. Madara is such a troll. He's not even pretending to fight anymore. "Prefer the clones to use Susanoo or not?" is such a awesome line. Anyway, I love the fact that Itachi and Sasuke are acting so brotherly in their team-up. And Kabuto looked quite the threat at the end. Hopefully he lives up to his hyping. Wonderful chapter.

Lorde
14th March 2012, 10:18 PM

I'm not sure if I support the theory about Tobi being Izuna. However, I just realized that Izuna and Obito share the same birthday (and bloodtype), which I find interesting. I'm not sure who it was, but someone brought up reincarnation a while back; wouldn't it be cool if Obito turned out to be Izuna's reincarnation, and in turn, Tobi?

TsukiMirage
14th March 2012, 10:22 PM
Tobi can't be Izuna. Madara mentioned last chapter that his brother was dead.

Shneak
14th March 2012, 10:24 PM
- Chibis? Okay...
- Seriously, when will the reinforcements arrive?
- Is that a crow? WTF.
- Kabuto is speaking cryptically. What a surprise.
- Tsunade broke Susanoo!
- Wait, Tsunade literally inherited something? I guess the Will of Fire will help her.
- 25 clones... No way everyone is walking away from this alive.
- No Susanoo, please.
- I never thought I would see the day when Sasuke and Itachi teamed up.
- Finally, we get to see Kabuto fight.

I'm pretty sure that Itachi is going to defeat Kabuto. There's hardly any zombies left, and there's no way the Kages will defeat 26 Madaras.

Banana Knight Arthur
14th March 2012, 10:41 PM
- Chibis? Okay...
- Is that a crow? WTF.
- Tsunade broke Susanoo!
- Wait, Tsunade literally inherited something? I guess the Will of Fire will help her.
- No Susanoo, please.

I'm pretty sure that Itachi is going to defeat Kabuto. There's hardly any zombies left, and there's no way the Kages will defeat 26 Madaras.

Now that you mention that.....

It is true, and many situations were squandered, and I can only hope the anime expands, such as the 7-revived swordsmen vs Kakashi's camp, Chiyo/Kimimaro's battle site etc. etc.

miles0624
14th March 2012, 10:58 PM
- Chibis? Okay...

Ummmmm. The Chibis were awesome, and my favorite part of the chapter.

Kishi is twice the man you'll ever be hol123. Leave serebii now hol123, and never return. (Wonder if you can guess where that is from.)

TrollsterInc
14th March 2012, 10:59 PM
- Chibis? Okay...
- Is that a crow? WTF.
- Tsunade broke Susanoo!
- No Susanoo, please.

Yeah, Madara's too ****ing broken to have any challenge posed to him anymore. It's gotten to the point where I want the fight to end already so we can get back to the last Edo Tensei zombies or Tobi vs Naruto/Killer B/Guy/Kakashi.

Lorde
14th March 2012, 11:09 PM
Tobi can't be Izuna. Madara mentioned last chapter that his brother was dead.

Yes, I know. That's why I brought up the reincarnation theory.

And I had no real opinion of the cover page this week; it was cute, but not all-that exciting.

Crimsonlink
15th March 2012, 2:42 AM
Don't like this chapter all that much. Waiting for more combat next week. Sasuke using his EMS is what I'm looking forward to the most really.

-Raiga-
15th March 2012, 2:46 AM
I don't exactly care for tsunade's revelation...

Few chapeters ago-"I may not have recieved hashirama's regeneration powers
Current chapter-"guess what, I did"!

Barring that, the entire chapter was great. I bounced around between the two stories surprisingly well. Its too bad narutobase can't translate to save their life. Are there better places out there still?

Banana Knight Arthur
15th March 2012, 3:05 AM
I don't exactly care for tsunade's revelation...

Few chapeters ago-"I may not have recieved hashirama's regeneration powers
Current chapter-"guess what, I did"!

Barring that, the entire chapter was great. I bounced around between the two stories surprisingly well. Its too bad narutobase can't translate to save their life. Are there better places out there still?

If only one thing was inherited to poor Tsunade, it should have been Mokuton.

Her ability isn't even the proper one Hashirama used, because she had to release her stored chakra seal, whereas Hashirama's technique was ongoing, and never depleted, like Tsunade's seal.

TsukiMirage
15th March 2012, 11:09 AM
- Chibis? Okay...
- Is that a crow? WTF.
- Tsunade broke Susanoo!
- No Susanoo, please.

I'm pretty sure that Itachi is going to defeat Kabuto. There's hardly any zombies left, and there's no way the Kages will defeat 26 Madaras. There's only three Edo summons we know left free; Madara, Muu, and Chuukichi. All the others were sealed or defeated. And yeah, that was one of the crows that got in Sasuke's way and had to pay the price.

gliscor&yanmega
15th March 2012, 4:59 PM
There's only three Edo summons we know left free; Madara, Muu, and Chuukichi. All the others were sealed or defeated. And yeah, that was one of the crows that got in Sasuke's way and had to pay the price.

Torune is still around. Kabuto never sent him anywhere.

Chuukichi probably got sealed off panel.

Lorde
15th March 2012, 6:48 PM
I have a feeling that there are a few other Edo Tensei ninja running around; it just seems impossible that the Allied Shinobi Forces sealed them all when they were struggling from the start. Not to mention that there were a lot of character interactions that never occurred (i.e. Jugo meeting Kimimaro).

Joltik-Kid
15th March 2012, 7:10 PM
I wonder if their saving the Naruto vs Tobi fight...anyway, I did like the chapter. I don't know, but Kabutomaru seemed pretty confident that he can handle two Uchiha's, both with the ungodly powers of Susanoo and the genjutsu of the Sharingan. As for the Kages, I don't exactly know, but if Naruto's clones could take quite the beating now, I think Madara's are on a whole other level. Right now, I think the Kages have a pair of Fives while Madara has a Royal Flush

Banana Knight Arthur
15th March 2012, 8:18 PM
I wonder if their saving the Naruto vs Tobi fight...anyway, I did like the chapter. I don't know, but Kabutomaru seemed pretty confident that he can handle two Uchiha's, both with the ungodly powers of Susanoo and the genjutsu of the Sharingan. As for the Kages, I don't exactly know, but if Naruto's clones could take quite the beating now, I think Madara's are on a whole other level. Right now, I think the Kages have a pair of Fives while Madara has a Royal Flush

I will rage about for a bit if somehow Naruto vs. Tobi has kept on developing off-screen!

I'd much rather see that battle than Kabutomaru vs. Uchiha brothers.

Platinum fan.
15th March 2012, 9:05 PM
I am actually interested to see Sasuke and Itachi vs Kabuto. Not as much as Naruto's squad vs Tobi. There's just to much crap going on right now. The remaining Edo Tensei zombies (I don't know or care how many are left. The Edo Tensei thing was a joke that shouldn't have happened) the Kages vs Madara, Suigetsu and Jugo heading to the battlefield with news that will change everything, Sakura and her classmates heading to where Naruto is, Karin doing whatever, it's to much and it's not all getting the screen time it needs. Look at all the Edo Tensei's that got screwed over when they made such a big deal about them coming back. And Tenten's big moment to shine was taken from her. Yes I'm still upset about Tenten being cheated once again. I realize she's been cheated the entire series but ugh! This war saga was suppose to be something great for the series. I thought it was going to be amazing and awesome but for me it's just been one big disappointment after another, with a few good things sprinkled in a sea of mistakes.

Joltik-Kid
15th March 2012, 9:21 PM
I am actually interested to see Sasuke and Itachi vs Kabuto. Not as much as Naruto's squad vs Tobi. There's just to much crap going on right now. The remaining Edo Tensei zombies (I don't know or care how many are left. The Edo Tensei thing was a joke that shouldn't have happened) the Kages vs Madara, Suigetsu and Jugo heading to the battlefield with news that will change everything, Sakura and her classmates heading to where Naruto is, Karin doing whatever, it's to much and it's not all getting the screen time it needs. Look at all the Edo Tensei's that got screwed over when they made such a big deal about them coming back. And Tenten's big moment to shine was taken from her. Yes I'm still upset about Tenten being cheated once again. I realize she's been cheated the entire series but ugh! This war saga was suppose to be something great for the series. I thought it was going to be amazing and awesome but for me it's just been one big disappointment after another, with a few good things sprinkled in a sea of mistakes.
Kishi either needs to make his manga longer (as in like 30 pages and what not) or somehow manage to dish out two chapters per week, because as your saying, there is just too much interesting stuff going on around the Naruto Universe that isn't get much touched upon

Banana Knight Arthur
15th March 2012, 9:26 PM
Kishi either needs to make his manga longer (as in like 30 pages and what not) or somehow manage to dish out two chapters per week, because as your saying, there is just too much interesting stuff going on around the Naruto Universe that isn't get much touched upon

Hopefully when the anime gets to the nitty-gritty so to speak, they expand on battles and feature battles that were otherwise only mentioned in passing.

I still want them to expand Kakashi vs the Kiri-swordsmen, when that battle comes up in the anime.

Joltik-Kid
15th March 2012, 9:36 PM
Hopefully when the anime gets to the nitty-gritty so to speak, they expand on battles and feature battles that were otherwise only mentioned in passing.

I still want them to expand Kakashi vs the Kiri-swordsmen, when that battle comes up in the anime.
We didn't get to see the end of that did we? Hmm, I hope the anime does good, but sometimes it can be a bit dodgy (as in animation wise)

Platinum fan.
15th March 2012, 9:44 PM

If only I still watched the anime. How long has it been since I stopped watching? That is one good thing about the anime I'll admit even though I don't watch or like it. They can give you stuff the manga just don't have enough time around. True they'll expand on things that really don't need to be expanded on (Pain vs Hinata) but they do expand on other things that should have been in the manga (Temari vs Tenten. Just more Tenten getting the middle finger)

Joltik-Kid
15th March 2012, 9:56 PM
If only I still watched the anime. How long has it been since I stopped watching? That is one good thing about the anime I'll admit even though I don't watch or like it. They can give you stuff the manga just don't have enough time around. True they'll expand on things that really don't need to be expanded on (Pain vs Hinata) but they do expand on other things that should have been in the manga (Temari vs Tenten. Just more Tenten getting the middle finger)
It's true...plus they've got a lot of unnecessary filler involved between the main story (not all fillers are bad, some even improve on the main story, but others...others are just plain awful)

Platinum fan.
15th March 2012, 10:02 PM
It's true...plus they've got a lot of unnecessary filler involved between the main story (not all fillers are bad, some even improve on the main story, but others...others are just plain awful)

It wasn't necessarily the fillers that turned me off to the anime because like you said some were pretty interesting. It was the voice acting and sometimes the music. Sometimes they made the music a little to dramatic when it didn't have to be. All the prominent characters had nerve racking voices minus Kakashi, Sasuke and a few others be in dub or original. I just found the manga much easier to enjoy and once I got on it I never looked back on the anime.

Lorde
15th March 2012, 11:03 PM
I highly doubt that the anime will expand on some of the Edo Tensei versus Allied Shinobi Forces battles. At this point I have a lot of experience with the anime, and I know that the people in charge rarely give us new information that can be considered canon. As a matter of fact, I predict that we'll get another filler arc halfway through the current war arc.

Shneak
15th March 2012, 11:06 PM
Ummmmm. The Chibis were awesome, and my favorite part of the chapter.

Kishi is twice the man you'll ever be hol123. Leave serebii now hol123, and never return. (Wonder if you can guess where that is from.)
They look soooo un-threatening. Naruto is SMIRKING. Really, the only one that looks evil still is Madara.

I don't know what it's from.

It wasn't necessarily the fillers that turned me off to the anime because like you said some were pretty interesting. It was the voice acting and sometimes the music. Sometimes they made the music a little to dramatic when it didn't have to be. All the prominent characters had nerve racking voices minus Kakashi, Sasuke and a few others be in dub or original. I just found the manga much easier to enjoy and once I got on it I never looked back on the anime.

The dub is years behind the japanese anime anyway.

I think the anime might actually expand on battles. Today's episode was the animal round-up that Naruto had to do, and thankfully they discarded armadillo peen for something less uncomfortable and more funny.

Has that Condor the Ninja Ostrich thing ever been in the manga?

7 tyranitars
15th March 2012, 11:28 PM
I liked the chibi part to be honest.

TsukiMirage
15th March 2012, 11:32 PM
Torune is still around. Kabuto never sent him anywhere.

Chuukichi probably got sealed off panel. Completely forgot about Torune. Chuukichi had already flee when the division showed up.

I wonder if their saving the Naruto vs Tobi fight... It's probably being saved for after these two battles, since it's basically the key battle to the whole war. It's not like Kishi can have the war be won by Naruto and still have it being fought by others. That would sort of sour the victory.

Crimsonlink
16th March 2012, 1:28 AM

I cannot think of any shipudden filler episodes that were good in Naruto. Especially in the arc before the current one.

Joltik-Kid
16th March 2012, 5:11 AM
I cannot think of any shipudden filler episodes that were good in Naruto. Especially in the arc before the current one.
I quite liked the Twelve Guardian Ninja Arc

Profesco
16th March 2012, 5:12 AM
I'm starting to get a little wary of Edo Madara's unbeatable status too, but I haven't given up all hope for the Kages. Now, there's certainly every possibility that the Kages won't be able to actually end this guy entirely on their own, but it's also too far-fetched to expect that all five Kages won't be able to do anything whatsoever to him (after all, Tsunade has already surprised him in battle at least twice). So even if the Kages don't out-and-out defeat Madara, something interesting is going to happen.

As far as being upset that Sasuke vs. Kabuto means Sasuke's turning good already, I think that's a premature judgement. We know two things about Sasuke: first, he has brother issues, so the fact he's tailing his undead brother like a shadow isn't surprising; second, his highest (only!) goal is to personally exact revenge on the Leaf Villagers, so we can't expect him to care whether he has to snuff out Kabuto on the way or not - even if Kabuto's plan is hurting Konoha, Sasuke wants to destroy them himself, so he wouldn't be satisfied to sit around and let Kabuto do it for him. And Itachi already entrusted Sasuke's conversion to Naruto, so in addition to the fact that he's focused only on ending Kabuto's jutsu, we have that to suggest he isn't going to try and lecture Sasuke into changing his plans. The Uchiha-Kabuto episode is playing out acceptably within the frame of what we could expect based on the story up to now, so there's no need to worry just yet.

So all in all, I agree with TsukiMirage that this was a pretty great chapter. ^_^

Crimsonlink
16th March 2012, 5:13 AM
I quite liked the Twelve Guardian Ninja Arc

I'll give you part of that and some of the 3 tails and 6 tails filler arc. Other than that nothing else sticks out. Plus the filler have a horrible habit of making Naruto look like a noob and act like an idiot, more so than usual.

TrollsterInc
16th March 2012, 5:21 AM
I'll give you part of that and some of the 3 tails and 6 tails filler arc. Other than that nothing else sticks out. Plus the filler have a horrible habit of making Naruto look like a noob and act like an idiot, more so than usual.

Considering his intelligence at the start of the series, it IS a bit of a throwback.

7 tyranitars
16th March 2012, 10:45 AM
Only filler I liked was the kakashi mask one, and I enjoyed the six-tailed arc.

JJDalts
16th March 2012, 12:12 PM

Gotta see! Gotta know! XD

TrollsterInc
16th March 2012, 1:56 PM

I wonder if they will ever show Kakashi without his mask.

Lorde
16th March 2012, 7:10 PM

I've never understood why Kishi has made a big deal about that. I bet there's nothing interesting behind the mask; maybe a scar or two from some previous battles, but that's it.

Platinum fan.
16th March 2012, 7:58 PM

I don't know about the six-tailed arc but I loved the Kakashi mask filler. It had so many laughs in it. I haven't seen any fillers from Shippuden or whatever they call it.

Banana Knight Arthur
16th March 2012, 8:20 PM

No.

Him being masked and shrouded in mystery is part of his character and persona.

Seeing his face would be just wrong...

7 tyranitars
16th March 2012, 10:16 PM
I don't know about the six-tailed arc but I loved the Kakashi mask filler. It had so many laughs in it. I haven't seen any fillers from Shippuden or whatever they call it.

If any filler arc was worth watching it would be the Six-tailed arc. I actualy enjoyed it very much. Mayby because it was a small arc. (about 10 episodes)

Joltik-Kid
16th March 2012, 10:47 PM
As I said, some fillers are good and somewhat benefit the storyline...but a huge portion of them suck

Kamex
17th March 2012, 12:22 AM
What do you guys think of the theory that Tobi is Kagami Uchiha (http://naruto-boards.com/816325/kagami-uchiha/)? I haven't yet found a reason for this to be too far-fetched.

That being said, I'm still of the mind that Tobi is some sort of clone or other version of Madara. If you've seen the Hashirama vs. Madara cut scene from Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (that's a mouth-full haha), Madara used his Sharingan to reverse time... I don't remember if any such power was hinted at before other than Tobi's space-time-related abilities, so this might explain how Madara can die yet still have another version of himself. But we'll see.

As far as being upset that Sasuke vs. Kabuto means Sasuke's turning good already, I think that's a premature judgement.
I agree. Besides, Sasuke and Naruto are supposed to have a rematch... it's been hinted at by various characters and even declared by Tobi. I don't see how Sasuke can "return to the light" before the battle that everything in the plot's been leading up to. That would be anticlimactic.

According to Masashi Kishimoto in a recent interview (http://www.likenaruto.com/masashi-kishimoto-interview-jump-festa-2012/), when asked what he would change about the Naruto series if he could go back, he answered, "I would draw Kakashi without his mask. Fans' expectations have gotten so high that now whatever I draw some of them would get disappointed. *laugh*"

He also mentioned that he may or may not reveal Kakashi's face, but if he does it will probably be within the story. But he's not determined to do it anyway.

Lorde
17th March 2012, 4:44 AM
I've heard a lot of theories about Tobi's true identity, but that Kagami Uchiha theory is one of the strangest that I've seen. I recall people talking about him when he was introduced as if he were a red herring, but I honestly think that he was just a character that Kishi created to show us that an Uchiha used to be friends with Hiruzen and Danzo.

Banana Knight Arthur
17th March 2012, 4:54 AM
I've heard a lot of theories about Tobi's true identity, but that Kagami Uchiha theory is one of the strangest that I've seen. I recall people talking about him when he was introduced as if he were a red herring, but I honestly think that he was just a character that Kishi created to show us that an Uchiha used to be friends with Hiruzen and Danzo.

Tobi's identity has been discussed in circles.

At this point all we can do is wait until/if Kishimoto decides to reveal his identity.

Even if Tobi is one of these Uchiha folk, remember, if Orochimaru could takeover people's bodies/consciousness, so can Tobi, possibly.

Tobi might be some other person/existence that took over the body of an Uchiha....

Shneak
17th March 2012, 5:48 AM

I don't think Kishi would have his identity be an un-important character from a minor character's past.

Emperor Empoleon
17th March 2012, 11:17 AM
Meh..Tobi..*shrug* I'm kinda indifferent to his identity at this point xD

But if there's any theory I'll side with, it's the "Madara Clone" theory. Mainly due to his vast knowledge about the actual Madara.

Lorde
17th March 2012, 6:15 PM
I don't think Kishi would have his identity be an un-important character from a minor character's past.

Yeah. I think that if this Kagami guy really was important, he would have appeared at least a few more times; maybe during the flashbacks of Sasuke's past or something.

LexSuicune
17th March 2012, 7:57 PM
At this point I think Kishimoto is trolling us and is going to leave it a mystery.

7 tyranitars
17th March 2012, 9:09 PM
Meh..Tobi..*shrug* I'm kinda indifferent to his identity at this point xD

But if there's any theory I'll side with, it's the "Madara Clone" theory. Mainly due to his vast knowledge about the actual Madara.

I find that one the most plausible one aswell.

Banana Knight Arthur
17th March 2012, 11:48 PM
At this point I think Kishimoto is trolling us and is going to leave it a mystery.

That would be bordering tragic//

Yet it also would fit his mystique, and his mantra of being no-one and wishing to be nothing.

Blaziryu
18th March 2012, 12:16 AM
Prepare to see Kabuto getting pwned. Sasuke & Itachi just need to Tsukiyomize Kabuto into canceling Edo Tensei. Seeing a double Tsukiyomi would be very interesting.

Banana Knight Arthur
18th March 2012, 12:24 AM
Prepare to see Kabuto getting pwned. Sasuke & Itachi just need to Tsukiyomize Kabuto into canceling Edo Tensei. Seeing a double Tsukiyomi would be very interesting.

You honestly think he does not have a counter measure or 3 or 4 prepared?

Kabutomaru is nothing if not a planner...

Shadow Lucario
18th March 2012, 12:29 AM

Yeah, but Sasuke isn't that great at using it. And once someone is in one Genjutsu you can't throw them in another.

SharpedoX
18th March 2012, 1:18 AM
Kabuto is too clever to fall in the genjutsu. Besides, in a previous chapter (and I think it's been mentioned here), he has a 2nd hidden weapon besides Edo Tensei. With all the crazy stuff going on, I shudder thinking about it.

Shadow Lucario
18th March 2012, 1:23 AM
Maybe Suigetsu will come in while Sasuke and Itachi are fighting Kabutomaru and Sasuke breaks the Edo Tensei with whatever it is Suigetsu found. Can't wait to hear what it is.

Lorde
18th March 2012, 1:40 AM

I hope Sasuke and Itachi can defeat Kabuto quickly, although I have a feeling that Kabuto has a way of countering genjutsu; I wouldn't put it past him. I'm not that interested in Kabuto anymore, but if he summons yet another Edo Tensei ninja and it's someone like Sakumo, I won't complain.

Shadow Lucario
18th March 2012, 1:45 AM
I hope Sasuke and Itachi can defeat Kabuto quickly, although I have a feeling that Kabuto has a way of countering genjutsu; I wouldn't put it past him. I'm not that interested in Kabuto anymore, but if he summons yet another Edo Tensei ninja and it's someone like Sakumo, I won't complain.

The only way to counter Tsukuyomi is with a Sharingan which, I assume at least, Kabuto is without. So unless he activates a Sharingan right before he is hit with it then it's over.

7 tyranitars
18th March 2012, 2:53 PM
It is the only known way to counter it, who knows kabuto might have something else.

SharpedoX
18th March 2012, 5:26 PM
One thing that upsets me is how Tsunade had access to the Byakugou and never used it against her fight with Pain. A small inconsistency, right?

Still, I hope that out of all the Kage, she's the one to at least keep Madara at bay until the Edo Tensei is cancelled. Looking forward to see Sasuke's role in stopping Kabuto.

Joltik-Kid
18th March 2012, 6:14 PM
The only way to counter Tsukuyomi is with a Sharingan which, I assume at least, Kabuto is without. So unless he activates a Sharingan right before he is hit with it then it's over.
Um, what? Kakashi used the Sharingan against Itachi and still feel to the Tsukuyomi...as did Danzo against Sasuke. And Tsunade cured Sasuke and Kakashi... Not sure, but I got the feeling Kabuto has something, no one would be that smug if they couldn't counter it

Lorde
18th March 2012, 7:18 PM
Um, what? Kakashi used the Sharingan against Itachi and still feel to the Tsukuyomi...as did Danzo against Sasuke. And Tsunade cured Sasuke and Kakashi... Not sure, but I got the feeling Kabuto has something, no one would be that smug if they couldn't counter it

Yeah, he must have some way of countering it. He worked with Orochimaru, so he should know a lot about countering the Sharingan. But I still believe that he'll use Edo Tensei to stop them; maybe he'll revive an Uchiha to catch Itachi and Sasuke off guard.

7 tyranitars
18th March 2012, 7:40 PM
One thing that upsets me is how Tsunade had access to the Byakugou and never used it against her fight with Pain. A small inconsistency, right?

Still, I hope that out of all the Kage, she's the one to at least keep Madara at bay until the Edo Tensei is cancelled. Looking forward to see Sasuke's role in stopping Kabuto.

She used all her chakra to safe the people from konoha, as a kage that is her first priority.

Platinum fan.
18th March 2012, 8:56 PM
I'm sure Kabuto will have a secret Jutsu to help counter the Sharingan and the hax power it brings and it will come out of nowhere....kinda like Tsunade suddenly being a powerful, relevant character again, oh no I didn't. Anyway if Kabuto has really just become a Orochimaru clone and throw all these Orochimaru based powers out then I'll be bored with this fight. I've seen enough Orochimaru snake jutsu's almost as much as I've seen enough Sharingan/Rinnegan crap.

Lorde
18th March 2012, 9:01 PM
She used all her chakra to safe the people from konoha, as a kage that is her first priority.

That's true; as Hokage, it was her responsibility to protect the people of Konoha. Her healing technique helped save a lot of people, although one could argue that her attempts were pointless since Nagato revived everyone who died during the invasion anyway.

TrollsterInc
18th March 2012, 9:04 PM
That's true; as Hokage, it was her responsibility to protect the people of Konoha. Her healing technique helped save a lot of people, although one could argue that her attempts were pointless since Nagato revived everyone who died during the invasion anyway.

No they couldn't, since she expended her chakra to save the people before Nagato did his Heel Face Turn. So given the situation, her attempts were justified, not pointless.

Shadow Lucario
18th March 2012, 10:15 PM

Um yeah Kakashi and Danzo =/= Uchiha with Sharingan. Itachi himself stated that only a Sharingan user with the same blood as him could break the Genjutsu which is evident when Sasuke broke it. So actually scratch my last statement. Even if Kabuto does bust out a Sharingan it won't matter. If he gets hit with Tsukuyomi then it's over.

Banana Knight Arthur
19th March 2012, 12:16 AM
Um yeah Kakashi and Danzo =/= Uchiha with Sharingan. Itachi himself stated that only a Sharingan user with the same blood as him could break the Genjutsu which is evident when Sasuke broke it. So actually scratch my last statement. Even if Kabuto does bust out a Sharingan it won't matter. If he gets hit with Tsukuyomi then it's over.

Furthermore, a Non-Uchiha using a Sharingan cannot use it or the techniques to their fullest potential.

Moreover, they get exhausted faster, as their body cannot handle the chakra drain/usage as well as a Real Uchiha whose drain/chakra loss would be minimal in comparison.

TsukiMirage
19th March 2012, 1:03 AM
Yeah, he must have some way of countering it. He worked with Orochimaru, so he should know a lot about countering the Sharingan. But I still believe that he'll use Edo Tensei to stop them; maybe he'll revive an Uchiha to catch Itachi and Sasuke off guard. I would question that. Despite all the info Orochimaru had, it didn't do him any good in countering Itachi or Sasuke when they used their Sharingan against him. So Kabuto suddenly pulling something out from Orochimaru wouldn't make much sense. I prefer the idea that his snake tail is suppose to be some sort of internal counter like a Jinchuuriki possesses.

Earthbound Sun
19th March 2012, 2:02 AM
I prefer the idea that his snake tail is suppose to be some sort of internal counter like a Jinchuuriki possesses.

It isn't unheard of to have a sentient ninja animal as a companion to disturb chalkra. I've always wondered why he always has a snake head-tail thing coming out his behind. I don't even.

Joltik-Kid
19th March 2012, 2:51 AM
Furthermore, a Non-Uchiha using a Sharingan cannot use it or the techniques to their fullest potential.

Moreover, they get exhausted faster, as their body cannot handle the chakra drain/usage as well as a Real Uchiha whose drain/chakra loss would be minimal in comparison.
Kakashi pulled 2 quick successions of his Kumai against Sasuke without much lost of charka (though he was slowed down)...with enough practice, anythings possible. Just like Sasuke is far less superior at using Tsukuyomi then his brother was

Lorde
19th March 2012, 3:48 AM
I would question that. Despite all the info Orochimaru had, it didn't do him any good in countering Itachi or Sasuke when they used their Sharingan against him. So Kabuto suddenly pulling something out from Orochimaru wouldn't make much sense. I prefer the idea that his snake tail is suppose to be some sort of internal counter like a Jinchuuriki possesses.

But Kabuto has mastered Orochimaru's powers; I think it's possible that Orochimaru was working on a way to counter the Sharingan, and Kabuto has completed the counter technique similar to how he completely mastered the Edo Tensei.

TrollsterInc
19th March 2012, 1:42 PM
But Kabuto has mastered Orochimaru's powers; I think it's possible that Orochimaru was working on a way to counter the Sharingan, and Kabuto has completed the counter technique similar to how he completely mastered the Edo Tensei.

Hopefully he has more than just snakes up his sleeve, or the two brothers are going to curbstomp him, which will really annoy me.

TsukiMirage
19th March 2012, 3:41 PM
But Kabuto has mastered Orochimaru's powers; I think it's possible that Orochimaru was working on a way to counter the Sharingan, and Kabuto has completed the counter technique similar to how he completely mastered the Edo Tensei. Still, if Orochimaru had some sort of counter, even imperfect, you would think he would have used it at least against Sasuke.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Kabuto will pull out his own version of orochimaru's Yamata technique, since that was suppose to be Orochimaru's strongest technique.

Locormus
19th March 2012, 4:52 PM
Hopefully he has more than just snakes up his sleeve, or the two brothers are going to curbstomp him, which will really annoy me.

We'll have to wait and see. Kishi wouldn't call this one out as one of the three last great battles of the war if it wasn't something interesting.

Platinum fan.
19th March 2012, 7:20 PM
I just want to see how broken Kabuto's powers will be. Again I don't care if Kabuto is killed here. I've lost interest in him ever since he became Orochimaru 2.0 so him being killed off now wouldn't bother me at all. The cool Kabuto died after he took in Orochimaru's cells.

Lorde
19th March 2012, 7:50 PM
It will be interesting to see a broken character who isn't an Uchiha, as they're quite rare. The last broken character who wasn't an Uchiha was probably Pain/Nagato, but we eventually discovered his one weakness: talk no jutsu.

Kamex
19th March 2012, 8:21 PM
I may have missed this, but how is it possible for an undead Itachi to be walking around using his Sharingan on people if Sasuke already transplanted his brother's eyes to gain the eternal Mangekyou Sharingan? Does the Edo Tensei completely regenerate the corpse, or am I forgetting something that happened in the story.

SharpedoX
19th March 2012, 8:41 PM
I may have missed this, but how is it possible for an undead Itachi to be walking around using his Sharingan on people if Sasuke already transplanted his brother's eyes to gain the eternal Mangekyou Sharingan? Does the Edo Tensei completely regenerate the corpse, or am I forgetting something that happened in the story.

Apparently they come back with their previous attributes. Nagato with the Rinnegan despite Tobi collecting his eyes, Itachi with the MS et caetera. It seems sort of inconsistent, but that's the way Kishi decided. Besides, Deidara blew himself to smithereens and Kabuto still managed to summon him despite the complete existence of a corpse.

Moreover, the zombies return in their prime with all the attributes that made them famous.

TsukiMirage
20th March 2012, 5:15 AM
The Edo summons are basically remade as they were in life, like a Shadow Clone made of ash without the whole popping with a single blow. They also seem to have organs and blood, as Itachi earlier was bleeding from his eye and Hanzou was affected by breathing in his poison. I don't know about them being brought back to their prime, given Chiyo and Nagato. The only one confirmed to have been purposely brought back to his prime was Madara due to Kabuto's experimentation.

Shadow Lucario
20th March 2012, 5:32 AM

The souls come back as they were before they died, hence why Itachi has his Mangekyou Sharingan and why Deidara is whole. As for bringing Deidara back, I'm sure he left some form of DNA behind. A little hair, some blood, or even intestine juices.

Banana Knight Arthur
20th March 2012, 5:39 AM
It will be interesting to see a broken character who isn't an Uchiha, as they're quite rare. The last broken character who wasn't an Uchiha was probably Pain/Nagato, but we eventually discovered his one weakness: talk no jutsu.

Nagato was another kind of broken:

An Uzumaki clan member..........

Joltik-Kid
20th March 2012, 6:12 AM

It seems that your broken (except Tsunade) if your from (or related to) the Senju Clan or the Uchiha Clan... or sometimes a Villian

Everyone else is just unfortunate...

Lorde
20th March 2012, 7:31 PM

I don't think all the Uzumaki clan members are broken, though. Naruto obviously has a lot of strong techniques, but he's the main character, so it isn't surprising that he's one of the strongest characters. Kushina's ability to form chakra chains and remain alive even after her Bijuu was extracted might seem broken, but the former ability seemed to exhaust her significantly, and she probably would have died anyway, even if the Kyuubi hadn't attacked her. I think the clan was powerful, but not as strong as the Uchiha (nor as broken).

Banana Knight Arthur
20th March 2012, 7:45 PM
I don't think all the Uzumaki clan members are broken, though. Naruto obviously has a lot of strong techniques, but he's the main character, so it isn't surprising that he's one of the strongest characters. Kushina's ability to form chakra chains and remain alive even after her Bijuu was extracted might seem broken, but the former ability seemed to exhaust her significantly, and she probably would have died anyway, even if the Kyuubi hadn't attacked her. I think the clan was powerful, but not as strong as the Uchiha (nor as broken).

They were broken enough everyone feared their Fuin(sealing)-jutsu/skills, and their special chakra that allowed them long lives and to survive a bijuu extraction.

And wanted to exterminate them for it, not unlike the Uchiha+Sharingan situation.

Platinum fan.
20th March 2012, 8:00 PM
I kinda agree with the 4th KIRA. The Uzumaki clan doesn't seem all that uber/broken bar Naruto for being the main character and having the Kyubi. Nagato was broken because he had the Rinnegan and if Tobi really did give it to him then he's just a Uchiha experiment lab rat. Kushina staying alive after all the crap she was put through, having a biju pulled from her, giving birth, and then being impaled by the fox, meh. It's not like she was a threat on her own anyway, but dang was she tough. Not exactly broken tough because she looked ready to drop dead at any minute.

Banana Knight Arthur
20th March 2012, 9:03 PM
I kinda agree with the 4th KIRA. The Uzumaki clan doesn't seem all that uber/broken bar Naruto for being the main character and having the Kyubi. Nagato was broken because he had the Rinnegan and if Tobi really did give it to him then he's just a Uchiha experiment lab rat. Kushina staying alive after all the crap she was put through, having a biju pulled from her, giving birth, and then being impaled by the fox, meh. It's not like she was a threat on her own anyway, but dang was she tough. Not exactly broken tough because she looked ready to drop dead at any minute.

Guess it depends if you consider the best sealing ability ever known broken or not, but they definitely were feared.

Their seals could be used offensively/defensively and supplementary in nature.

Heck, they could probably seal an Uchiha before the Uchiha could cast their fancy genjutsu.

7 tyranitars
20th March 2012, 9:59 PM

I would rather say she haves a lot of stamina and endurance something Naruto seems to have aswell.

Lorde
20th March 2012, 11:07 PM
I would rather say she haves a lot of stamina and endurance something Naruto seems to have aswell.

Speaking of which: Has it ever been stated why Naruto has so much chakra? And I'm talking about his own chakra, not the Kyuubi's.

SharpedoX
20th March 2012, 11:23 PM
There are theories going around that Kabuto is going to summon Izuna to face off against Sasuke and Itachi. That would be his advantage; a Sharingan user who can repel genjutsu. Still, having another Uchiha would be kinda boring considering how much the Sharingan has been used and abused.

Banana Knight Arthur
21st March 2012, 1:28 AM

Yeah Kushina's condition may have been even studier if Kurama was removed at any time other than the moment she gave birth, as giving birth in and of itself is quite draining on a female's body.

Shadow Lucario
21st March 2012, 1:41 AM
Speaking of which: Has it ever been stated why Naruto has so much chakra? And I'm talking about his own chakra, not the Kyuubi's.

I think it's just a natural thing. That or because his stamina is so great that he can retain more Chakra than people like Kakashi and Itachi.

Joltik-Kid
21st March 2012, 5:37 AM
Yeah Kushina's condition may have been even studier if Kurama was removed at any time other than the moment she gave birth, as giving birth in and of itself is quite draining on a female's body.
I thought it was confirmed the Uzamaki clan were also known for their longevity and vitality...thus that's the reason she survived the extraction

Banana Knight Arthur
21st March 2012, 5:40 AM
I thought it was confirmed the Uzamaki clan were also known for their longevity and vitality...thus that's the reason she survived the extraction

Yeah but what I mean is if Kurama were extracted any other time, she probably would have survived in better shape.

Childbirth was hard on Kushina~~~

Joltik-Kid
21st March 2012, 5:43 AM
Yeah but what I mean is if Kurama were extracted any other time, she probably would have survived in better shape.

Childbirth was hard on Kushina~~~
Yeah, I guess your right about that (though I really wouldn't know about child birth, seeing as I'm a guy, I'll never go through it) Still, at any other time, it'd have been almost impossible to break her seal

Crimsonlink
21st March 2012, 11:03 AM
Ok I just read the preview for the Naruto chapter and Kabuto just got broken to the max. It will take the Sharinhax to actually beat him which will be funny as its hax vs hax. Honestly I can't believe Kishi is doing this. All this jumping around is very annoying too, focus on one battle and finish it.

Show Madara winning against the kages and then slowly disappearing. Then go back to Hax Bros vs Kabuto to show how Oro 2.0 + Hax was defeated and Edo Tensai was undone.

At least we will see a few of Sasuke's new hax EMS abilities in the battle hopefully.

lolipiece
21st March 2012, 11:08 AM
Really? Karin is an Uzumaki? ...Why? (http://mangastream.com/read/jpreview/58471284/8)

...That's just random.

7 tyranitars
21st March 2012, 11:11 AM
Crap, got beaten to it :P, and well that was to be suspected :P.

lolipiece
21st March 2012, 12:10 PM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9085/1332322379896.jpg

Oh hey, a movie's coming out.

.................................................. ....................Why the hell is Hinata's shirt open? And why is Ino wearing a conservative outfit? Hello, I think you drew the wrong outfits on the wrong characters, Kishimoto.

TsukiMirage
21st March 2012, 12:57 PM
Really? Karin is an Uzumaki? ...Why? (http://mangastream.com/read/jpreview/58471284/8)

...That's just random. Not really. Quite a bit of people were presuming she was one ever since we were told about the whole "red hair means a Uzumaki" thing with Tobi.

As for the chapter itself, what can I say. Simply awesome. I love how well Itachi and Sasuke are getting along, and glad that Sasuke is making use of his past experience with Orochimaru to plan against Kabuto. Seeing the brothers use their Susanoo together was nice, and it was great to learn how Kabuto upgraded his abilities. It's nice that the abilities of the rest team Taka get a shout out. Interesting to learn that not only is there a Snake sage, but Juugo was a natural sage too. It was surprising to learn that Orochimaru couldn't become a Snake Sage because he didn't have the right sort of body. Honestly can't wait to see what else Kabuto will pull out and how the brothers counter him. Epic chapter.

Shadow Lucario
21st March 2012, 1:31 PM
Kabuto pulls out a snake Sage Mode. Now I'm just waiting for Tsunade to use Slug Sage Mode. :P Anyway, I'm not bothered by Karin being an Uzumaki. Guess the clan wasn't completely annihilated as we were led to believe.

7 tyranitars
21st March 2012, 1:32 PM
I am really not suprised with Karin being an Uzumaki. And it seems I got it right, kabuto did had something up his sleeve.

TrollsterInc
21st March 2012, 1:42 PM
Good. Least this will be more difficult than a roflstomp battle.

lolipiece
21st March 2012, 1:51 PM
Itachi: You've learned a lot...Dr. Snakes.

....Excuse me, I think this Itachi is defective. Can we have the old one back?

uber gon
21st March 2012, 4:40 PM
Now that Naruto has "kind of" tamed Kurama, I kind of want to see what he'd be like in the village.

Also, now we have a snake Sage Mode. I REALLY don't want to see a slug Sage Mode, though.

Joltik-Kid
21st March 2012, 5:30 PM
Well...this chapter was a full mixture of information and hax...Gotta say I'm quite pleased

Lorde
21st March 2012, 7:03 PM
So Karin is from the Uzumaki clan. Not surprising. A lot of people thought she was, but it's nice to have confirmation. I thought Itachi and Sasuke's battle with Kabuto was strange, though. I guess I'm not used to seeing people struggle against Kabuto, so the whole Susanoo's-arrow-missing-its-target thing was weird. The thing that I hated was this newly-mentioned snake Sage Mode that Kabuto mastered; it's basically toad Sage Mode...

Pkmn Breeder Jack
21st March 2012, 7:04 PM
I haven't read this thing in over a year. Last I remember everyone was getting ready to face off against a horde of dead people. Anyone want to fill me in?

Crimsonlink
21st March 2012, 7:20 PM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9085/1332322379896.jpg

Oh hey, a movie's coming out.

.................................................. ....................Why the hell is Hinata's shirt open? And why is Ino wearing a conservative outfit? Hello, I think you drew the wrong outfits on the wrong characters, Kishimoto.

Whoa sexy Hinata and a Black Kyuubi. Hinata has that grin too, man Naruto should ask her out fast. The movie has my attention after the past few Shipudden movies has sucked. OMG did the 4th movie suck even with Minato.

Anyways wasn't Blood Prison the next Naruto movie? Not Road to ninja? Which is a pretty cool title IMO.

Lorde
21st March 2012, 7:36 PM
I just noticed this week's colored cover page; I loved it. I laughed when I saw that Sai was drawing a sketch of the Kyuubi. It's too bad that we probably won't see the Kyuubi in Konoha like that; I have a feeling that he'll be captured and then eventually set free when Tobi's plan fails.

TsukiMirage
21st March 2012, 8:07 PM
I haven't read this thing in over a year. Last I remember everyone was getting ready to face off against a horde of dead people. Anyone want to fill me in? The only worthwhile thing to know is that the Alliance fought against the Edo summons without any named characters dying and have basically won, Naruto was allowed to join the war and eventually he reformed the Kyuubi and gained a major upgrade in power along with learning the names of all the other Bijuus causing Tobi to question himself, Kabuto revived the real Madara who basically acts like a Hashirama fanboy and is currently trolling the five Kages silly without even trying, Sasuke got EMS and murdered the real White Zetsu and as he was running found Itachi who was on his way to deal with Kabuto but when he arrived was forced to team up with Sasuke to fight while Kabuto showed quite a few cool new powers that are pretty much making him as hax as any Sharingan wielder.

Charminions
21st March 2012, 10:08 PM
I thought this was a pretty good chapter. As expected, Kabuto pulled out a bunch of tricks out of his sleeve, so it was cool to see him incorporate skills from Sasuke's old teammates in their fight. It seems like Kabuto is just running around and hiding though, so it isn't much of a fight but alteast it was informational. Since there's Toad and Snake Sages, I'd assume there's a Slug Sage Mode.

uber gon
21st March 2012, 10:09 PM
Wonder if the land of snakes is full of villainous characters? I'd like to think SOME snake characters might have been wary of working with Orochimaru and Kabuto.

Banana Knight Arthur
21st March 2012, 10:20 PM
So Karin is from the Uzumaki clan.

Oh MAwww Godddddd~

Karin is basically like a cousin twice-removed or something. I hope Naruto is made aware of his relation to Karin, also, funny, Sasuke has always had an Uzumaki on his 'teams'.

Kabutomaru's Snake-Sage mode is broken sounding, I hope not though.

Seems they want him to be haxxed, what with and adopting not only Orochimaru's powers, but also Karin/Juugo/and Suigetsu's ability.

Shneak
21st March 2012, 10:48 PM
- Aw, look at that front-page spread. Nevermind the impossible perspective, it's nice to see Konoha rebuilt.
- Snakes can sense your existence... no kidding, they aren't blind. Does he mean that they're using genjutsu but the snakes are preventing it?
- DR. SNAKES, new name Sasuke.
- When did they get in a cave with stalactites and stalagmites?
- *daintily takes off hood*
- Turning into bodily fluid is nice. Without the electrical weakness of a Houzuki.
- Woman of the Uzumaki clan? When did he get to Kushina?
- KARIN IS AN UZUMAKI!?! WHY IS THIS SO EXCITING TO ME?
- I'm guessing the Shikkotsurin is the slug place?
- That white snake is a pimp.
- A Sage?! A Snake Sage? Wow.

Interesting chapter. It was mostly take, but we learned a lot, and it set up the rest. I guess this means that Tsunade could have Sage powers too...

Also, not much time passed between Orochimaru's death and the present. How did Kabuto change so fast?

Banana Knight Arthur
21st March 2012, 11:07 PM
-
- Turning into bodily fluid is nice. Without the electrical weakness of a Houzuki.
Also, not much time passed between Orochimaru's death and the present. How did Kabuto change so fast?

Point 1, body fluids still have electrolytes, which conduct electricity, so not to sure if he evaded that disadvantage.

Point 2, by the power of plot hax no jutsu.

Shneak
21st March 2012, 11:10 PM
Point 1, body fluids still have electrolytes, which conduct electricity, so not to sure if he evaded that disadvantage.

I suppose. I guess he forgot to wear his rubber gloves.

Banana Knight Arthur
21st March 2012, 11:12 PM
I suppose. I guess he forgot to wear his rubber gloves.

To have 1 or 2 new abilities/hax would have been fine.

But no, Kabutomaru has 4 new abilities, powers, what were you thinking Kishimoto-sensei?

Profesco
21st March 2012, 11:36 PM
I only just started reading the chapter, and I immediately thought of the folks/conversations in this thread when Kabuto pulled his hood down. We're all talking about what amazing secret post-Orochimaru strategy Kabuto had to defeat the Uchiha's sharingan genjutsu, and then the first thing in the chapter we see Kabuto just pull his hood over his eyes. I can't even measure the size of the grin on my face, but it was so amusing that I'm typing it here before I even read further. XD

Banana Knight Arthur
21st March 2012, 11:39 PM
I only just started reading the chapter, and I immediately thought of the folks/conversations in this thread when Kabuto pulled his hood down. We're all talking about what amazing secret post-Orochimaru strategy Kabuto had to defeat the Uchiha's sharingan genjutsu, and then the first thing in the chapter we see Kabuto just pull his hood over his eyes. I can't even measure the size of the grin on my face, but it was so amusing that I'm typing it here before I even read further. XD

One has to wonder, just how effective is lowering your hoodie???

Surely the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan cannot be foiled by a hoodie? no?

Lorde
21st March 2012, 11:47 PM
I guess this means that Tsunade could have Sage powers too...

I hope not; I'm getting tired of Sage jutsu. Pain did mention that each Sannin had a powerful ability, but I hope he was referring to Tsunade's Byakugō jutsu and not "Slug Mode."

DANdotW
21st March 2012, 11:56 PM
Thing is, she is called the Slug Princess...it'd make sense, or at least now that Snake Sage has been revealed, it'd make sense.

I for one love that there is a snake version, and I love that Karin is an Uzumaki. Hopefully with an extra one running around, we can discover something new about them. Or perhaps Karin can show some sort of Fuinjutsu, since the Uzumaki's were supposed to be famed for that.

Profesco
21st March 2012, 11:57 PM

Well now we'll never know. He came out of that snake's mouth with his eyes uncovered and wide open, so he's not using hoodie-no-jutsu anymore.

I hope not; I'm getting tired of Sage jutsu. Pain did mention that each Sannin had a powerful ability, but I hope he was referring to Tsunade's Byakugō jutsu and not "Slug Mode."

Not me. If Jiraiya could have sage-y mode-y stuff, and Kabuto can refine/improve Orochimaru's work into a type of sage mode, then Tsunade should be showered with sage love too. I would love to see Tsunade pull out a sage mode and use it to gain the upper hand against Edo Madara.

TrollsterInc
22nd March 2012, 12:09 AM

Genjutsu requires eye contact; even Tsukuyomi did. Only one that didn't was Shisui's Koto-something, and that could only be used once a decade/day. So hoodie-no-jutsu works just as well as anything else.

And I quite liked this chapter; least it wont be a total roflstomp on the Uchiha's part.

Platinum fan.
22nd March 2012, 2:19 AM
I'm late to the party, really late. Can't be helped I was busy all day. After seeing this new chapter and Kabuto's Snake Sage Mode I was like "whoa!" I mean there have been plenty jokes about Snake and Slug mode but wow, there really is a snake version of Sage Mode and Kabuto got it! Wow. Good chapter and Karin being a Uzumaki doesn't surprise me, not because she has red hair but because anyone who gets zapped in the chest by Sasuke and lives must have a strong lifeforce. I wonder if Sasori and Gaara have Uzumaki blood in them? Anyway it just makes Karin cooler IMO. Be fun to have a chapter of her and Naruto just chatting about Uzumaki stuff XD but anyway Kabuto's Snake Mode has got me interested in this fight. I wonder if it operates like Naruto's Sage Mode? And here I thought Sage Modes were done with.

Banana Knight Arthur
22nd March 2012, 2:23 AM
And here I thought Sage Modes were done with.

Given we have Frog-sage, and Snake-sage modes, I guess Slug-sage mode is bound to appear in some other ninja too, sooner or later.

Really Tsunade should have been a Slug-sage student/disciple, but it is too late now for her.

Platinum fan.
22nd March 2012, 2:30 AM
Given we have Frog-sage, and Snake-sage modes, I guess Slug-sage mode is bound to appear in some other ninja too, sooner or later.

Really Tsunade should have been a Slug-sage student/disciple, but it is too late now for her.

I'm okay with that if there is no Slug Mode. Sage Mode is now starting to lose originality, even though I find Kabuto's Snake Mode to be very interesting. For Tsunade to just pull that out now would be desperate to keep her character looking strong. Though if Sakura were to get something of a Slug Mode and get more power I'm all for it. Sakura is long overdue for a power upgrade other then generic female healer.

Banana Knight Arthur
22nd March 2012, 2:32 AM
I'm okay with that if there is no Slug Mode. Sage Mode is now starting to lose originality, even though I find Kabuto's Snake Mode to be very interesting. For Tsunade to just pull that out now would be desperate to keep her character looking strong. Though if Sakura were to get something of a Slug Mode and get more power I'm all for it. Sakura is long overdue for a power upgrade other then generic female healer.

What I don't get is, if he went to Snake-sage 'school' so to speak, why he calls himself a dragon?

Well, Dragons are basically snakes with 4-limbs and some wings, no?

Crimsonlink
22nd March 2012, 2:39 AM
Yeah I don't get why people are calling it Snake Sage mode when Kabuto calls himself a dragon. Shouldn't it be Dragon Sage mode?

Platinum fan.
22nd March 2012, 2:40 AM
What I don't get is, if he went to Snake-sage 'school' so to speak, why he calls himself a dragon?

Maybe he breathes fire now? Or maybe to him dragon sounds more threatening? I don't know. But I will say that I'm interested in Kabuto again. I still don't like the fact that half the Edo Tensei's he's summoned got zero screen time, but if Kabuto brings a good fight...no I'll still think this war arc was lacking and should have been drawn out more. I guess that just won't change.

Joltik-Kid
22nd March 2012, 2:51 AM
That was my instant thought there my friend...but I don't know if it's all that likely

Platinum fan.
22nd March 2012, 3:08 AM
That was my instant thought there my friend...but I don't know if it's all that likely

It's probably not, but man does she need something other then super strength and healing. Not to mention I wouldn't mind seeing Sakura in sage like training similar to Naruto's. I guess I'm just disappointed that Naruto and Sasuke not only surpassed all their masters but pretty much everyone else and Sakura clearly hasn't surpassed Tsunade even though they teased the idea at the start of part 2. And they stick her in generic healing nurse mode. Seriously? What happened to the Sakura who helped defeat Sasori?

Lorde
22nd March 2012, 3:16 AM
And here I thought Sage Modes were done with.

So did I. It seems lazy on Kishi's part to give Kabuto Sage Mode; sure, it's snake-related this time, but it's still reductive.

Joltik-Kid
22nd March 2012, 3:25 AM
It's probably not, but man does she need something other then super strength and healing. Not to mention I wouldn't mind seeing Sakura in sage like training similar to Naruto's. I guess I'm just disappointed that Naruto and Sasuke not only surpassed all their masters but pretty much everyone else and Sakura clearly hasn't surpassed Tsunade even though they teased the idea at the start of part 2. And they stick her in generic healing nurse mode. Seriously? What happened to the Sakura who helped defeat Sasori?
I guess Kishi really wants to keep her as the most human-like character, not super haxed, but far from being the weakest

HoennMaster
22nd March 2012, 8:42 AM
This arc just gets weirder and weirder. Just never know what Kishi will do.

lolipiece
22nd March 2012, 8:47 AM
This tranformation would look slightly less stupid if Kabutochimaru wasn't all snakey. He's barely changed, except for the horns.

Crimsonlink
22nd March 2012, 9:01 AM
I really hope there is no Slug or any other sage modes.

It would be redundant to power up Sakura now after 10 years of Naruto to the levels of Haxruto and Haxuke when their new power ups completely blows any Sage mode out of the water.

If anyone needs a power up, it should be Lee who has his own mini series or Neji who is the only one to make to Jonin but we never see him fight. >.<

I wouldn't be adverse to Hinata unzipping that jacket and laying the smackdown on some Edo Tensai ninja/Zetsu clones lol.

DANdotW
22nd March 2012, 10:09 AM
I actually wouldn't want Tsunade to have Slug-Mode if it were a thing. Jiraiya couldn't do Frog-Mode properly by himself, and Orochimaru couldn't get the right body for Snake-Mode, so I'd prefer if Slug-Mode was something Tsunade knew about but for some (good) reason, couldn't get. I'd actually love it, since it's so far students that are getting it, if Shizune comes out with it.

lolipiece
22nd March 2012, 10:40 AM
Considering how Slug's are slimy...would Slug Sage mode have Tsunade cover...

On second thought, let's forget about that.

Crimsonlink
22nd March 2012, 10:49 AM
Considering how Slug's are slimy...would Slug Sage mode have Tsunade cover...

On second thought, let's forget about that.

ROFLMAO I just had the image that Tsunade's boobs were the result of eating Escargot all the time for some reason. But it really would be creepy if Tsunade got all slimy like and stuff.

Shadow Lucario
22nd March 2012, 11:01 AM
I doubt Tsunade has a Sage Mode. I feel that she would have used it already. It would have been less risky than using the Mitotic Regeneration.

Joltik-Kid
22nd March 2012, 5:16 PM
I mean I guess this is getting me excited...but if this Snake(Dragon) Sage Mode really is allowing Kabutomaru to dodge Sasuke's attacks, maybe people who said Naruto's Sage mode would still give him an advantage over's Sasuke's newly obtained powers weren't so far off...Still it would seem like a waste to finally have become friends with Kurama just to have him stolen from Naruto...

Platinum fan.
22nd March 2012, 5:24 PM
If anything, Sasuke will uncover a weakness in Sage Mode and thus give him yet another advantage over Naruto during their final battle. Because he certainly won't be surprised when Naruto uses a Sage Mode when they fight now, He'll know how to fight nature. If that does happen then it'll feel like Kishi is giving Sasuke to much of a edge, considering he'll know how to take down Sage Mode and he can suppress the Kyubi. By the way how much of a troll would Kabuto be if he begins to lose and thus kills himself so the Edo Tensei's stay on forever? I know he won't do that but man what a curse that would be.

Joltik-Kid
22nd March 2012, 5:36 PM
If anything, Sasuke will uncover a weakness in Sage Mode and thus give him yet another advantage over Naruto during their final battle. Because he certainly won't be surprised when Naruto uses a Sage Mode when they fight now, He'll know how to fight nature. If that does happen then it'll feel like Kishi is giving Sasuke to much of a edge, considering he'll know how to take down Sage Mode and he can suppress the Kyubi. By the way how much of a troll would Kabuto be if he begins to lose and thus kills himself so the Edo Tensei's stay on forever? I know he won't do that but man what a curse that would be.
Yeah, Sasuke probably will discover the weakness of Nature, but whatever, it should be a cool fight none the less. I don't know if suppression will work now? I mean I know in the past it did because no one connected with Kurama, thus it was easy to put him back in his cage, but now...now I'm not so sure, because Tobi was able to do it in the past, so he should have at least been able to take Naruto out of the cloak mode. I won't actually put it past Kabuto to do that...seeing as it would be a hollow victory for the kages if breaking the jutsu was the cause for beating Madara (though Madara could just hax his way out of death and then the kages beat him)

TsukiMirage
22nd March 2012, 6:10 PM
I only just started reading the chapter, and I immediately thought of the folks/conversations in this thread when Kabuto pulled his hood down. We're all talking about what amazing secret post-Orochimaru strategy Kabuto had to defeat the Uchiha's sharingan genjutsu, and then the first thing in the chapter we see Kabuto just pull his hood over his eyes. I can't even measure the size of the grin on my face, but it was so amusing that I'm typing it here before I even read further. XD I completely forgot we were discussing that. Lol, Kabuto's the first genius to act like a genius in front of the Sharingan.

Yeah I don't get why people are calling it Snake Sage mode when Kabuto calls himself a dragon. Shouldn't it be Dragon Sage mode?
I believe it's a throwback to Orochimaru and his Yamata form, which was said to be him transforming from a snake into a "dragon god". I don't think Kabuto is literally considered a dragon, he's simply being symbolic.