PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105

Lorde
22nd March 2012, 6:36 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Kabuto's new techniques now that he's a dragon; I just hope that snake Sage Mode isn't too much like toad Sage Mode. I also wonder if he'll actually transform into a dragon at some point. That would be cool.

Banana Knight Arthur
22nd March 2012, 6:46 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Kabuto's new techniques now that he's a dragon; I just hope that snake Sage Mode isn't too much like toad Sage Mode. I also wonder if he'll actually transform into a dragon at some point. That would be cool.

Well, the last page says, "Sage Technique: Hakugeki Jutsu"

Haku refers to the color white.

Geki refers to attack, from the word Kougeki(attack).

I'm thinking it might be a Thunder-release attack or a genjutsu.

HoennMaster
22nd March 2012, 7:50 PM
I wonder if these could mean an eventual Naruto vs Kabuto Sage mode battle. It wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Shneak
22nd March 2012, 9:51 PM
Oh god, Kabuto's whole entire body is a snake. He doesn't have legs.

Sorry, I just watched the newest episode. I always thought that that white snake was just chilling in his cloak.

7 tyranitars
22nd March 2012, 9:55 PM
Yeah I saw the episode too, he is even more of a creeper now X_X.

-Raiga-
23rd March 2012, 2:21 AM
Hmmm, I didn't quite enjoy the chapter as much as others did.

-Too much useless info, I think it might be interesting to us, but people forget the age group the series is aimed at. Me at 8 years old wouldn't care about any of that stuff.
-Kabuto's redesign was just bland and uninspired. Wow, a white snake, didn't see that one coming.(yes, it's a dragon , I know that trolls)
-Everybody is happy now, from kurama, to itachi, to sasuke. Its REALLY hurting all the work kishimoto did to build up these characters.

I would have rather had a three way battle between sasuke/itachi/Kabuto. Badass sasuke isn't only cooler, but looks WAY more intimidating then...whatever "character" you call this wimp. Itachi wouldn't have his health problems holding him back(probably learn the rinnegan mid-battle or something), and kabuto could simply go a more interesting route.

I'll still reserve big complaints for after this part of the story is completed, as the battle could still be good.

7 tyranitars
23rd March 2012, 8:59 AM
I don't like psyco sasuke that much, so I like the fact he teams up with Itachi, also why would he attack his brother now he knows the truth?

Joltik-Kid
23rd March 2012, 2:33 PM
I don't like psyco sasuke that much, so I like the fact he teams up with Itachi, also why would he attack his brother now he knows the truth?
My only thought would have been to get the truth out of him...but that was unlikely in the situation. I guess Sasuke could have unintentionally fight his brother by attacking Kabuto, but Itachi blocking so he can break the Edo (can't last name :P)

Platinum fan.
23rd March 2012, 3:26 PM

Me neither. While psyco Sasuke is good for the plot advancement, I found myself disliking the character more and more. I know your suppose to dislike bad guys but there are plenty of bad guys in Naruto that I really like personally, like Kisame, Deidara, Itachi (if he still counts as one) Danzo, Pain, Sasori, Orochimaru, Kabuto, Konan, Even minor characters like the Sound 4 I found enjoyable villains. I just was never that found of evil Sasuke on a personal level. He's only good for advancing the plot. But he does have some good battles in the series, so personally I'm actually glad to see Sasuke team up with Itachi to fight Kabuto. Maybe we'll actually see some humanity hope for him which Naruto will fully bring out in their fight, because we all know that's what half the fight will be about.

SharpedoX
23rd March 2012, 3:29 PM
Hmmm, I didn't quite enjoy the chapter as much as others did. I would have rather had a three way battle between sasuke/itachi/Kabuto. Badass sasuke isn't only cooler, but looks WAY more intimidating then...whatever "character" you call this wimp. Itachi wouldn't have his health problems holding him back(probably learn the rinnegan mid-battle or something), and kabuto could simply go a more interesting route.

Still why would it be plausible for Sasuke to attack his brother? He's probably the only character who's safe from him. Besides, it may be the beginning of Sasuke's "road to recovery". Let's see what will Itachi say to him. Though with the current battle and such it probably won't be enough considering he's bound to face off against Naruto.

Lorde
23rd March 2012, 7:34 PM
Well, the last page says, "Sage Technique: Hakugeki Jutsu"

Haku refers to the color white.

Geki refers to attack, from the word Kougeki(attack).

I'm thinking it might be a Thunder-release attack or a genjutsu.

I think it's Raiton and not genjutsu; Itachi and Sasuke would easily counter the technique if it were genjutsu. I was hoping that Kabuto would use this battle as a way to showcase some of Orochimaru's own forbidden techniques, but it seems he'll be using brand-new sage techniques instead. I hope they're interesting.

-Raiga-
23rd March 2012, 9:08 PM

Still why would it be plausible for Sasuke to attack his brother?

Maybe because Sasukes entire character is built around staying on the side of hatred, despite having no real basis for it? He could have accepted numerous logical offers to come back from kakashi and naruto, but just goes for vengeance for the heck of it.

Just becuase he was in a tough spot, doesn't change the fact the itachi murdered sasuke's entire bloodline. The seems like all the basis the regular sasuke would need.

And yes, I'm aware this sasukes road to redemption, but thats exactly what I think is useless. Hundreds of chapters have been put in the kyuubi's and sasuke's hatred, only to be tossed out the window in a matter of 3, or in this case, 1 chapter.

7 tyranitars
23rd March 2012, 9:17 PM
Well I guese I just like happy endings.I might actualy start liking Sasuke again.

DiamondClass
23rd March 2012, 9:26 PM
I think by the end of the story Sasuke might have sacrificed himself for Naruto. Maybe its a hunch but thats how I see it ending for him. And in the future Naruto's son and Sasuke's son might have similar brotherly relationship as their fathers and maybe once they have found out the history they will relive the same animosity felt by them.

-Raiga-
24th March 2012, 12:33 AM
I think by the end of the story Sasuke might have sacrificed himself for Naruto. Maybe its a hunch but thats how I see it ending for him. And in the future Naruto's son and Sasuke's son might have similar brotherly relationship as their fathers and maybe once they have found out the history they will relive the same animosity felt by them.

Well I think we all know Sasuke would have become a good guy in the final fight, but thats exactly the way I think it should of happened. That way we don't have people all of a sudden loving a murderer like sasuke, despite them hunting him a little while ago.

Your theory is a little off though. If sasuke sacrifices himself for naruto, it'd be kind of hard for him to have a kid. I'm not going to go into the specifics for an idea though haha.(its also eerily similar to the end of Dragonball GT too)

Joltik-Kid
24th March 2012, 1:33 AM
Sasuke's only 17 and has no interest in women...how would he have a son?

Banana Knight Arthur
24th March 2012, 1:42 AM
Sasuke's only 17 and has no interest in women...how would he have a son?

Didn't he get busy with Karin a couple times off-screen?

Sasuke's interest are revenge...........destroying Konoha...........and killing Naruto.

Joltik-Kid
24th March 2012, 1:48 AM
Didn't he get busy with Karin a couple times off-screen?

Sasuke's interest are revenge...........destroying Konoha...........and killing Naruto.
Doubtful, he was willing to kill her on the spot (less she sucks at you know what XD)

And killing everything that moves, except his brother

lolipiece
24th March 2012, 2:47 AM
Sasuke? Straight?

Excuse me for a second.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Everyone knows that Sasuke is Revenge-sexual.

Joltik-Kid
24th March 2012, 2:56 AM
Sasuke? Straight?

Excuse me for a second.

I bet he'd willing marry a mirror XD

Lorde
24th March 2012, 3:27 AM
Well I guese I just like happy endings.I might actualy start liking Sasuke again.

I might start liking Sasuke as well if the story moves in that direction. But I doubt that he'll suddenly turn good just because he's fighting against Kabuto with Itachi's help; the story has been building up to another battle between him and Naruto for a while now, so he'll stay bitter and revenge obsessed for a little while longer.

TsukiMirage
24th March 2012, 9:28 AM
Maybe because Sasukes entire character is built around staying on the side of hatred, despite having no real basis for it? He could have accepted numerous logical offers to come back from kakashi and naruto, but just goes for vengeance for the heck of it.

Just becuase he was in a tough spot, doesn't change the fact the itachi murdered sasuke's entire bloodline. The seems like all the basis the regular sasuke would need.

And yes, I'm aware this sasukes road to redemption, but thats exactly what I think is useless. Hundreds of chapters have been put in the kyuubi's and sasuke's hatred, only to be tossed out the window in a matter of 3, or in this case, 1 chapter. Once it was revealed that Konoha was responsible, there was no way that Sasuke was gonna return. Anyway, just because Sasuke is fighting alongside Itachi to kill Kabuto doesn't mean he's turned good. Itachi's no longer the target of Sasuke's hatred and gone back to being beloved brother, so Sasuke has no reason not to get along with him anymore. And Kabuto's an annoyance, so killing him makes no difference to Sasuke.

7 tyranitars
24th March 2012, 9:36 AM
I might start liking Sasuke as well if the story moves in that direction. But I doubt that he'll suddenly turn good just because he's fighting against Kabuto with Itachi's help; the story has been building up to another battle between him and Naruto for a while now, so he'll stay bitter and revenge obsessed for a little while longer.

Itachi said he was gonna talk with him. That might be his first step back into the 'light'

TrollsterInc
24th March 2012, 1:23 PM
Sasuke? Straight?

Excuse me for a second.

Na, he's gay for Naruto. At this stage it wouldn't surprise me if the two ended up doing a Chidori/Rasengan clash, only for Sasuke to pull back and kiss Naruto again.

If it does, I will take back all I said of Kishimoto and label him God of Trolling.

Platinum fan.
24th March 2012, 2:11 PM
Sasuke did fight Deidara while he was a bad guy and while he wasn't trying to, he defeated a major bad guy while he himself was a major bad guy so the way I see it, this is the same thing. Sasuke is fighting Kabuto for himself and his brother, not for the goodness of his heart.

multi-scale
24th March 2012, 5:21 PM
I like this snake sage mode. I swear, Kabuto and 2nd Mizukage are my favorite characters in the series. He's no longer some kind of shadow of Orochimaru; he's earned his place as a true villain who is powerful enough to work with Tobi.
The 5 kage-Madara fight has actually been kind of boring for me, although I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe it's because the Kages have yet to harm Madara in any way outside of punching him.
Naruto-Tobi fight was good, I hope we get back to that soon.

Joltik-Kid
24th March 2012, 5:57 PM
Sasuke did fight Deidara while he was a bad guy and while he wasn't trying to, he defeated a major bad guy while he himself was a major bad guy so the way I see it, this is the same thing. Sasuke is fighting Kabuto for himself and his brother, not for the goodness of his heart.
Everyone seems to forget that Sasuke technically never beat Deidara, he decided that the best option to kill Sasuke was to blow himself up...

Lorde
24th March 2012, 6:10 PM
Itachi said he was gonna talk with him. That might be his first step back into the 'light'

I doubt that anything Itachi tells Sasuke will change him; Sasuke is too stubborn to listen to reason. I wouldn't be surprised if he killed Itachi in a fit of rage.

WinterStarlight
24th March 2012, 6:18 PM
Everyone seems to forget that Sasuke technically never beat Deidara, he decided that the best option to kill Sasuke was to blow himself up...
Sorry for popping in so randomly, but the way I see it is that Sasuke didn't kill Deidara, but he did push him to the limits where his only option was to blow himself up and kill himself. Even after that Sasuke still managed to escape which made it seem that he killed Deidara.

TrollsterInc
24th March 2012, 6:34 PM
I doubt that anything Itachi tells Sasuke will change him; Sasuke is too stubborn to listen to reason. I wouldn't be surprised if he killed Itachi in a fit of rage.

Thats a bit hard to do, seeing as Itachi is already dead and Sasuke doesn't know any sealing jutsu. Why would he? He doesn't need to seal any of his foes, and he only lived to kill Itachi, not seal him away.

Sorry for popping in so randomly, but the way I see it is that Sasuke didn't kill Deidara, but he did push him to the limits where his only option was to blow himself up and kill himself. Even after that Sasuke still managed to escape which made it seem that he killed Deidara.

He only escaped because the plot required him to escape; he was barely able to move, yet somehow manages to summon Manda?

Sorry, but Kishimoto wrote himself into a corner with Deidara/Sasuke, and used the most cop-out excuse in existence to make him survive. So in a way, Sasuke did not defeat Deidara; the plot did.

WinterStarlight
24th March 2012, 6:48 PM
Thats a bit hard to do, seeing as Itachi is already dead and Sasuke doesn't know any sealing jutsu. Why would he? He doesn't need to seal any of his foes, and he only lived to kill Itachi, not seal him away.
I guess Sasuke's feelings might get in the way and he will probably try to attack Itachi, but then realize what he is doing is pointless. After that I don't know what would happen. And your right. Sasuke won't be able to seal him away since he doesn't know any sealing jutsu. If Sasuke plans to do anything once Itachi talks to him, it has to be a well thought out plan.

He only escaped because the plot required him to escape; he was barely able to move, yet somehow manages to summon Manda?

Sorry, but Kishimoto wrote himself into a corner with Deidara/Sasuke, and used the most cop-out excuse in existence to make him survive. So in a way, Sasuke did not defeat Deidara; the plot did.
I was wondering where he got enough power to summon Manda because Sasuke was almost out of chakra and by summoning Manda wouldn't that have made him use the little chakra he had left and possibly killed him? I guess the only way to explain it is the plot gave him that power and made him survive as well.

TsukiMirage
24th March 2012, 9:27 PM
I was wondering where he got enough power to summon Manda because Sasuke was almost out of chakra and by summoning Manda wouldn't that have made him use the little chakra he had left and possibly killed him? I guess the only way to explain it is the plot gave him that power and made him survive as well. There wasn't really indication that Sasuke was nearly out of chakra, and enough chakra control would allow him to make use of the least chakra needed. Or one can go with the popular theory that he used Orochimaru's chakra stored within him.

Lorde
24th March 2012, 10:21 PM

You're forgetting two things. The first is that Sasuke now has the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, which will most likely grant him all sorts of broken jutsu (maybe even a sealing one). And the second is that Sasuke is constantly hurting those who care about him; I could see him getting upset when Itachi tries to reason with him, and he'd probably get rid of him personally since he doesn't want anyone getting in the way of his vendetta.

WinterStarlight
24th March 2012, 10:36 PM
There wasn't really indication that Sasuke was nearly out of chakra, and enough chakra control would allow him to make use of the least chakra needed. Or one can go with the popular theory that he used Orochimaru's chakra stored within him.
I keep on forgetting that Sasuke still had Orochimaru's chakra. It makes sense now. I assumed he barely had any chakra because he looked really weak and couldn't move that much which now I think was caused by receaving too much damage.

Platinum fan.
25th March 2012, 12:57 AM

No, Sasuke did defeat Deidara in battle. Whether or not it was cheap or not is up to you, yes he had plot armor on him and yes Sasuke should have been died from that crazy C4 Karura attack but plot armor sharingan stopped it, despite the fact that Deidara had been training to take down regular sharingan...point is he lost the battle. I did not say Sasuke killed Deidara. Defeat and kill are two different things. Deidara did blow himself up to try and kill Sasuke, but only after Sasuke defeated him in battle and had him against the wall...or tree.

Banana Knight Arthur
25th March 2012, 1:29 AM
No, Sasuke did defeat Deidara in battle. Whether or not it was cheap or not is up to you, yes he had plot armor on him and yes Sasuke should have been died from that crazy C4 Karura attack but plot armor sharingan stopped it, despite the fact that Deidara had been training to take down regular sharingan...point is he lost the battle. I did not say Sasuke killed Deidara. Defeat and kill are two different things. Deidara did blow himself up to try and kill Sasuke, but only after Sasuke defeated him in battle and had him against the wall...or tree.

The was some plot armor, but Sasuke ultimately won(maybe not killed or defeated Deidara) even without Sharingan hax, as he summoned Manda, got inside him, and went to the realm of summoned beasts or whatever it is called, then returned to the ninja world.

Even if Sasuke never got the upper hand, and then Deidara got frustrated and decided to use his C0-suicide tech anyhow, to end it all, Sasuke still thought ahead, to live to see another day as did Madara vs. Hashirama Senju, and would have still teleported away inside Manda.

Blaziryu
25th March 2012, 4:46 AM
I'm not really surprise about Karin being a Uzumaki. Naruto should probably hook up with her so they can re-populate their clan. Kabuto really came out of Orochimaru's shadow by being able to use snake Sage Mode at it's fullest form.

WinterStarlight
25th March 2012, 5:57 AM
^ I saw it coming as well. Probably because Karin and Kushina really looked alike in a way.
Kabuto finally is getting the recognition he deserves. I thought he was just going to be a minor character once Sasuke killed Orochimaru, but I was wrong. Have to hand it to Kabuto. He has improved a lot since "Naruto" to the point where he can surpass Orochimaru by using snake sage mode to the fullest.

LexSuicune
25th March 2012, 3:21 PM
I find this whole thing with Sasuke both laughable and sickening.

His reasons to do things, as a character are warped and flimsy as hell, whatever.

Platinum fan.
25th March 2012, 5:23 PM
^ I saw it coming as well. Probably because Karin and Kushina really looked alike in a way.
Kabuto finally is getting the recognition he deserves. I thought he was just going to be a minor character once Sasuke killed Orochimaru, but I was wrong. Have to hand it to Kabuto. He has improved a lot since "Naruto" to the point where he can surpass Orochimaru by using snake sage mode to the fullest.

I actually thought Kishi was going to forget about Kabuto as soon as Tobi announced he was declaring war on the world. I sure as heck forgot about Kabuto until he showed up again. His name was being thrown around by Danzo and Anko but I didn't expect him to be this big a threat.

WinterStarlight
25th March 2012, 6:04 PM
There were times where I would completely forget Kabuto even existed until I saw him again. I don't think many people thought he was going to be this much of a thread. I sure didn't.
You know how there's toad sage mode and snake sage mode? Do you think there will be such a thing as slug sage mode as well?

Lorde
25th March 2012, 6:08 PM
I'm not really surprise about Karin being a Uzumaki. Naruto should probably hook up with her so they can re-populate their clan.

Haha, I wouldn't count on it; I have a feeling that Karin will die now that she's escaped from Konoha. She'll probably try to kill Sasuke herself, and fail miserably just like Sakura.

Shneak
25th March 2012, 7:11 PM
Haha, I wouldn't count on it; I have a feeling that Karin will die now that she's escaped from Konoha. She'll probably try to kill Sasuke herself, and fail miserably just like Sakura.

A fitting death for a woman (in this manga.)

Does Karin even know that Naruto is an Uzumaki? I recall her finding out who he was at the end of the Kage Summit Arc, but she never mentioned anything more.

Lorde
25th March 2012, 7:18 PM
A fitting death for a woman (in this manga.)

Does Karin even know that Naruto is an Uzumaki? I recall her finding out who he was at the end of the Kage Summit Arc, but she never mentioned anything more.

Counter question: Does Karin know that she's of the Uzumaki clan?

Shneak
25th March 2012, 7:21 PM
Counter question: Does Karin know that she's of the Uzumaki clan?

I was thinking that too, but then, how does Kabuto know when she doesn't?

WinterStarlight
25th March 2012, 7:28 PM
Well Kabuto is known for doing his research and he did say he experimented on her. So he could've found out that she was an Uzumaki then while Karin still didn't know. It's a possibility.

Platinum fan.
25th March 2012, 8:33 PM
Of all the characters who don't have backstories yet I think Karin needs one the most. From her time during the Chunin exam where she met Sasuke offscreen to how much she knows about Uzumaki stuff, to how she ended up with Orochimaru's soldiers, Karin right now already has a lot of stuff that makes her more interesting then half the main cast of Naruto right now. I do think Karin knows Naruto's a Uzumaki because I recall her calling him Uzumaki Naruto in volume 52, which is out in stores in a bookstore near you...maybe XD, but she did address him as Uzumaki. Seriously these two should have a talk before the big final. Karin has really peaked my interest.

WinterStarlight
25th March 2012, 10:53 PM
From the time she mentioned meeting Sasuke during the Chuunin exams, I wanted to know her story. Then more things popped up relating to her which caught my attention like being an Uzumaki. You're right Platinum fan. They should give Karin a backstory and make her and Naruto have a talk. Who knows, she might tell him something that will give Naruto more courage thus giving him more strength. I do believe that Karin knows Naruto is an Uzumaki. The only thing we don't know for sure is if she knows she's an Uzumaki herself.

Lorde
25th March 2012, 11:06 PM

I'm sure he did some research, which seems to be the answer to everything that Kabuto does. Anyway, I'm not that interested in the Uzumaki clan; I guess it's because they lack a Kekkei Genkai. I want more focus on the Hyuga clan instead since they've been largely ignored during Part 2.

Platinum fan.
25th March 2012, 11:15 PM
I'm sure he did some research, which seems to be the answer to everything that Kabuto does. Anyway, I'm not that interested in the Uzumaki clan; I guess it's because they lack a Kekkei Genkai. I want more focus on the Hyuga clan instead since they've been largely ignored during Part 2.

The Hyuga clan are old news and not important to the plot anymore sadly. We all know that, even though I still love the Hyuga clan. At this point they might as well just be plain old ninjas.

Lorde
25th March 2012, 11:21 PM
The Hyuga clan are old news and not important to the plot anymore sadly. We all know that, even though I still love the Hyuga clan. At this point they might as well just be plain old ninjas.

You all say that now, but just wait until Naruto and Hinata start a family; then you'll be sorry. ;)

Platinum fan.
25th March 2012, 11:25 PM
You all say that now, but just wait until Naruto and Hinata start a family; then you'll be sorry. ;)

Perhaps, but in some ways I'm kinda glad the Hyuga's were never that big. It makes me like them more. True they should have been given a bigger role in part 2, especially with Neji being a Jonin and Hinata of all people reaching Chunin. I really wanted to see what they could do now, especially Hinata. But I could say that about all Naruto's old classmates really. Imagine if the Hyuga's were like the Uchiha's! I actually liked the Uchiha's back in part 1, probably because Sasuke, Itachi, and Kakashi were the only ones who had the Sharingan and it wasn't a broken hax yet.

JD
26th March 2012, 3:34 AM

I feel like the Hyuuga clan has been ignored in Part 2 because there are so many new Kekkai Genkai that are stronger then it and the Rinnengan which completely overshadows it. And besides none of the Genin really had anything to counter the Byakugan back in Part 1 that's why it seemed so powerful back in the Chunin Exam arc but after Naruto beat Neji I sort of lost interest.

Joltik-Kid
26th March 2012, 4:04 AM
I don't see that happening...

Banana Knight Arthur
26th March 2012, 4:06 AM

Naruto has never expressed interest in Hinata.

I'd rather see him marry his cousin twice-removed, Karin.

Revive the Uzumaki clan~~~

Lorde
26th March 2012, 4:11 AM
I feel like the Hyuuga clan has been ignored in Part 2 because there are so many new Kekkai Genkai that are stronger then it and the Rinnengan which completely overshadows it. And besides none of the Genin really had anything to counter the Byakugan back in Part 1 that's why it seemed so powerful back in the Chunin Exam arc but after Naruto beat Neji I sort of lost interest.

Even though the Rinnegan has become a lot more important, the Sharingan has managed to remain relevant. I think the Byakugan could have remained relevant as well, but Kishi seems to care about the Uchiha so much that the Hyuga clan gets ignored as a result. I hope that Hinata or Neji manage to do something important before the war is over; I'd love for them to kill Zetsu since he's the last remaining Akatsuki member aside from Tobi, and his black half is still wandering around. They may as well make themselves useful.

That's practically incest.

Banana Knight Arthur
26th March 2012, 4:14 AM
That's practically incest.

In Japan worse happens, people whose parents are siblings get married, and no-one minds.

Children of non-related couples have a 2-3% risk of birth defects, as opposed to first cousins having a 4-6% risk.

Considering Japanese don't reproduce at a rate close to Western countries, not much of a reproductive issue.

Finally, We are all cousins. No two people are more distantly related than 50th cousins.

So howdy cousins.

Joltik-Kid
26th March 2012, 4:32 AM
Naruto has never expressed interest in Hinata.

You know that's the same thing, Naruto hasn't ever expressed interest in Karin either, and she isn't even considered his friend XD

Banana Knight Arthur
26th March 2012, 4:36 AM
You know that's the same thing, Naruto hasn't ever expressed interest in Karin either, and she isn't even considered his friend XD

Naruto hasn't been around Karin much, let alone in a peaceful era.

She seemed to adore his chakra, in the same manner she used to covet/adore Sasuke's chakra before it got so dark and repressive.

Joltik-Kid
26th March 2012, 5:06 AM
Naruto hasn't been around Karin much, let alone in a peaceful era.

She seemed to adore his chakra, in the same manner she used to covet/adore Sasuke's chakra before it got so dark and repressive.
True, but I don't know, to barely have contact seems forced to me and bad writing since I feel Kishi has already decided on a couple and just decides to play with the other fan pairings heart strings

Crimsonlink
26th March 2012, 5:52 AM
True, but I don't know, to barely have contact seems forced to me and bad writing since I feel Kishi has already decided on a couple and just decides to play with the other fan pairings heart strings

What you mean Naruto X Sasuke? Yeah I think everyone knew that from that first kiss.

Wait what? You mean Naruto X Sakura? Well kinda hard when the forehead is clearly in love/obsessed with duckbutt and nothing changed after 10 years starting from the academy.

If anything the person closest to Naruto right now girlwise besides Sakura and Hinata is Tsunade. That opens up a whole new can of worms.

The dobe will end up with no one probably as Kishi's big troll to all shippers lol.

Lorde
26th March 2012, 6:11 PM

It's sad that Karin clings to people with "delicious" chakra. I wonder if the other sensor type ninja are the same way. :p

Shneak
26th March 2012, 9:07 PM
It's sad that Karin clings to people with "delicious" chakra. I wonder if the other sensor type ninja are the same way. :p

I think that weirdness is exclusive to her. She can literally have people bite the chakra out of her.

TrollsterInc
26th March 2012, 9:37 PM

I actually find that quite a sad reason for not being interested in a clan, but each to their own.

As for the Hyuga, please don't focus on them; much as I wish there was an upgrade to the Byakugan waiting, they'd end up like the Uchiha. Full of bland, generic assholes.

Joltik-Kid
27th March 2012, 2:39 AM
The dobe will end up with no one probably as Kishi's big troll to all shippers lol.
That could happen too XD

Lorde
27th March 2012, 2:59 AM
I think that weirdness is exclusive to her. She can literally have people bite the chakra out of her.

I meant that maybe the other sensor type shinobi gravitate around people who have chakra that they like, since the sensor types are very attuned to the "flavor" of chakra.

TsukiMirage
27th March 2012, 8:39 AM
I think that weirdness is exclusive to her. She can literally have people bite the chakra out of her. Well her and Samehada. Actually, if Ino's a sensor like the rest of her clan, that could explain her obsession over a guy who she barely knew.

TrollsterInc
27th March 2012, 8:57 AM
Well her and Samehada. Actually, if Ino's a sensor like the rest of her clan, that could explain her obsession over a guy who she barely knew.

Her obsession is small compared to Sakura's, which in turn is small compared to Naruto's. As for why she was, she worshipped Sasuke simply because he was Sasuke.

Crimsonlink
27th March 2012, 9:46 AM
Her obsession is small compared to Sakura's, which in turn is small compared to Naruto's. As for why she was, she worshipped Sasuke simply because he was Sasuke.

I still do not understand to this day how Kishimoto's romance in Naruto works.

We never get a single good/valid reason as to why Sakura likes/loves/is obsessed with Sasuke. Nor do we get a single good/valid reason as to why Naruto likes/loves/is obsessed with Sakura when Ino and Hinata are better alternatives IMO.

It would be nice if we got a flashback to finally understand why even if its only 2 pages considering the amount of flashback Kishi has been doing in this war.

Joltik-Kid
27th March 2012, 4:17 PM
^ Um, except Naruto did give a clear reason in part 1. In Chapter 3, he states why he like's Sakura which happen to be because she wanted to be acknowledged just like he did. The only reason Sakura liked Sasuke was because he was the cool, popular type guy.

Naruto to this day still doesn't know much about Hinata, regardless of the confess. But, I'm not against this couple because there is some proof it could happen.

Why is Hinata so well like, she only appears like every 20 chapters? Everyone who reads a Shonen by now should know a tsundere (Sakura) is always gonna be in one (Like Rukia from Bleach) and will be a main character. It's common knowledge. Another common fact, it always almost always ends with tsundere x main guy character

TrollsterInc
27th March 2012, 4:28 PM
I still do not understand to this day how Kishimoto's romance in Naruto works.

We never get a single good/valid reason as to why Sakura likes/loves/is obsessed with Sasuke. Nor do we get a single good/valid reason as to why Naruto likes/loves/is obsessed with Sakura when Ino and Hinata are better alternatives IMO.

It would be nice if we got a flashback to finally understand why even if its only 2 pages considering the amount of flashback Kishi has been doing in this war.

With Sakura/Sasuke, it was childish attachment to "Mr Cool Attitude" which grew-somehow- into love over the timeskip. Despite the fact he was constantly an ******* to her, almost killed her several times, and dismissed her affection at every turn because he is too busy fapping over revenge.

As for Naruto/Sakura, no idea, but the idea of him and Hinata getting together after the war would be cool. I'm going to be very annoyed if he ends up with Sakura, because its already been pretty much established Naruto -> Sakura -> Sasuke -> Revenge/Naruto.

TsukiMirage
27th March 2012, 4:50 PM
Her obsession is small compared to Sakura's, which in turn is small compared to Naruto's. As for why she was, she worshipped Sasuke simply because he was Sasuke. Well yeah, but at least Sakura had the excuse of spending time with him to actually develop such feeling. Ino barely spend anytime with him, so how could she still be in love with him years later.

I will admit this though, out of all the girls that fawn over Sasuke, Karin seem the best. Fell in love after he saved her life and the moment he tried to kill her, said screw it. By far the most reasonable, despite her own big flaws.

arceus7
27th March 2012, 4:55 PM
Is it just me or is the Naruto-verse full of half-pefected beings and imperfect failures? Oh and the irony with Orochimaru not being able to learn and master Dragon-Snake sage mode because he switched to a body that couldn't support Sennin Mode. All for immortality and power he screwed himself out of his white snake luck. Makes sense why he did all that work with the curse seal after watching Juugo go nuts after absorbing natural energy chakra. Now kabuto took Suigetsu, Karin(Lol she is an Uzumaki) and Juugo's genetic material so he could set up his body to withstand Dragon Sage Mode. Which was what Oro wanted to do. Kabuto is really badass at the moment, between his medical ninjutsu and his Sage-snake rejuv power and the liquefaction ability from suigetsu, its gonna be hard to incapacitate him. Seems the current power houses were able to obtain their greatness through their high spirit bodies ( Nagato &Naruto can hold all these power banks (Kurama& Rinnegan)) through their highly naturally resilient Uzumaki bodies. Lol at Dr.Snakes and Uzumaki Redheads.

arceus7
27th March 2012, 5:19 PM
Lol Tsuki all aboard the Karin,Naruto,Hinata threeway train! Kishi needs to do something about his characters latent bisexual tendencies. If he's going to do anything he should unleash Tsunade's can of worms(or zombie Konan's.... or Mei's

Too much off-screen romance anywhoo

Lorde
27th March 2012, 6:00 PM
Well her and Samehada. Actually, if Ino's a sensor like the rest of her clan, that could explain her obsession over a guy who she barely knew.

I forgot about Samehada's obsession with powerful chakra. I'm still not pleased about its decision to ditch Kisame though; as if Killer Bee really needed more power.

Banana Knight Arthur
27th March 2012, 6:10 PM
I forgot about Samehada's obsession with powerful chakra. I'm still not pleased about its decision to ditch Kisame though; as if Killer Bee really needed more power.

He does need more power..... he is quite unwhelming, even the lesser Jinchuuriki Madara was using were more impressive....

Lorde
27th March 2012, 6:15 PM
He does need more power..... he is quite unwhelming, even the lesser Jinchuuriki Madara was using were more impressive....

It still seems cheap for him to receive a powerful weapon just like that; he's like Sasuke in the sense that power is just handed to him. It's frustrating IMO.

Platinum fan.
27th March 2012, 6:41 PM
To everyone trying to figure out why Sakura/Ino/Karin and all these other girls love Sasuke, all you can really say is good looks really will take you far. Shallow I know but what can you do? Many woman always talk about how handsome Sasuke is even if they aren't attracted to him like Mizukage commenting on how she finds him a handsome young man. It certainly can't be Sasuke's personality they all drool over. I do like the fact that they sort of broke Ino away from Sasuke's groupie list, as she is more involved with Shikamaru, Choji, and their dead master Asuma, then she is with Sasuke crap. I think I started liking Ino much more when she was with her teammates talking with them or going on missions with them and not with Sakura fighting over which flower represents their love to him. They never did expand a Sai and Ino relationship which I admit would have been quite comical due to Sai's nicknames and lack of emotion. But Sai's character lost a great deal of importance somewhere down the line sadly, then picked back up and dropped again so no time for that.

Crimsonlink
27th March 2012, 7:22 PM
^ Um, except Naruto did give a clear reason in part 1. In Chapter 3, he states why he like's Sakura which happen to be because she wanted to be acknowledged just like he did. The only reason Sakura liked Sasuke was because he was the cool, popular type guy.

Naruto to this day still doesn't know much about Hinata, regardless of the confess. But, I'm not against this couple because there is some proof it could happen.

Why is Hinata so well like, she only appears like every 20 chapters? Everyone who reads a Shonen by now should know a tsundere (Sakura) is always gonna be in one (Like Rukia from Bleach) and will be a main character. It's common knowledge. Another common fact, it always almost always ends with tsundere x main guy character

I asked for a good/valid reason such as childhood memory of them playing or Sakura helping Naruto. But if Naruto likes Sakura for her desire to be acknowledged only, then Naruto's reason to love Sakura is pretty shallow and confusing. Considering Hinata has the same desire to be acknowledged.

As for Sakura loving Sasuke, it wasn't even explained how she fell in love with him other than she saw him as a kid and became obsessed with him. No reason like Sasuke saving her or getting to know Sasuke personally.

As for why Hinata's so well liked. You only need to look at the chunin exams arc. Her fight with Neji surged her popularity with readers. Not to mention it was way better than the horrible Sakura vs Ino fight.

Tsundere characters appear in most mangas but them ending up with the main character is debatable. Especially considering Sakura's false confession and her love for Sasuke still ongoing.

Romance is a mess in Naruto anyways.

MidnightMelody
27th March 2012, 8:23 PM
I only support NarutoXIno or NarutoXKarin. NarutoXSakura makes me want to choke a dwarf. Sakura just uses Naruto as for Hinata the reason I'm not for it is there is hardly any interaction. He has more interaction with Tsunade. I do hate how after she told him she loved him nothing happened.

Shadow Lucario
27th March 2012, 8:25 PM
I asked for a good/valid reason such as childhood memory of them playing or Sakura helping Naruto. But if Naruto likes Sakura for her desire to be acknowledged only, then Naruto's reason to love Sakura is pretty shallow and confusing. Considering Hinata has the same desire to be acknowledged.

That's not shallow at all. It would be shallow if he just liked her because he thought she was pretty. THAT is shallow. Why Naruto likes Sakura is because he feels they have similarities in wanting to be acknowledged. He can relate to that and feels a connection to her through that.

As for Sakura loving Sasuke, it wasn't even explained how she fell in love with him other than she saw him as a kid and became obsessed with him. No reason like Sasuke saving her or getting to know Sasuke personally.

She probably got to know him personally, well as personal as Sasuke lets you get. They were on the same team for a year or so. While it started as liking the cool kid who is handsome and turned into something more as she got to know him. Liking him so long just made her love him.

Tsundere characters appear in most mangas but them ending up with the main character is debatable. Especially considering Sakura's false confession and her love for Sasuke still ongoing.

That's not even a word so I have no idea what you're getting at.

It's not the main focus so of course it will be. It doesn't entirely drive the plot either so I could care less about the romance.

7 tyranitars
27th March 2012, 8:33 PM
Last time I checked this isn't a shipping comunity....

Naruhina FTW :p

So we probably should get back to what is gonna happen this week in the manga!

Joltik-Kid
27th March 2012, 9:24 PM
Shallow? Naruto said he never knew why he was attracted to her, just that he was and then he confirmed that it was because he could relate to her. If that's shallow, then I really don't understand romance...As for your last line, doesn't mean anything since Naruto doesn't know that...

She started falling for him because a part of it was Naruto's fault for disguising himself and the bigger part was Sasuke was hanging out with her a whole lot more thanks to them being teammates...Why she (at this point) still loves him despite all the pain he's caused her probably has to do with Kishi just not wanting to pick a pairing till the end or just have the ending be Sasuke and Naruto die.

As for why Hinata's so well liked. You only need to look at the chunin exams arc. Her fight with Neji surged her popularity with readers. Not to mention it was way better than the horrible Sakura vs Ino fight.
Really? I sure didn't care for either fight...but if anything, Naruto had more influence in Sakura's fight.

Not going into this...it pointless bickering because my side will never regarded as fact :/

Well it's existed since part 1, just it's never been important to the overall story at hand

Shneak
27th March 2012, 9:47 PM

I honestly can't predict what the hell will happen. Kabuto will be overpowering, I guess.

multi-scale
27th March 2012, 10:05 PM
Kabuto for president in 2012, he can just resurrect all the dead people like FDR and Lincoln for his cabinet.

Although we all know this isn't going to happen, I hope Itachi and Sasuke lose. It's not like Kabuto will Sasuke now, and Itachi has to go sometime.

Lorde
27th March 2012, 10:22 PM
I honestly can't predict what the hell will happen. Kabuto will be overpowering, I guess.

Sasuke will probably use a new technique that renders Sage Mode useless or something. That's what I want, anyway. I'm sick and tired of Kabuto.

Crimsonlink
28th March 2012, 12:48 AM
Shallow? Naruto said he never knew why he was attracted to her, just that he was and then he confirmed that it was because he could relate to her. If that's shallow, then I really don't understand romance...As for your last line, doesn't mean anything since Naruto doesn't know that...

She started falling for him because a part of it was Naruto's fault for disguising himself and the bigger part was Sasuke was hanging out with her a whole lot more thanks to them being teammates...Why she (at this point) still loves him despite all the pain he's caused her probably has to do with Kishi just not wanting to pick a pairing till the end or just have the ending be Sasuke and Naruto die.

Really? I sure didn't care for either fight...but if anything, Naruto had more influence in Sakura's fight.

Not going into this...it pointless bickering because my side will never regarded as fact :/

Well it's existed since part 1, just it's never been important to the overall story at hand

I never got the relation part but w/e.

As for Sakura X Sasuke, their interaction was never focused on for good reason as this is a shonen manga.

Like I said, the tsundere character thing is debatable but this isn't the place for it.

Well if its not important to the plot then Kishi should have stopped bringing it up after part 1. Especially the Hinata sacrifice and Sakura's false confession. Not to mention her failed attempt to kill Sasuke.

WinterStarlight
28th March 2012, 1:08 AM
Looks like a shipping battle! At the end Kishimoto will probably end up not having an shippings. I don't know even know which one of the main shipping pairs sounds more pausible.
Go Sasusaku and Naruhina and my other favorites xD

There will probably be some fighting where it will seem that Kabuto has the upper hand and then all of a sudden he doesn't and Sasuke and Itachi beat him. Probably when the 5 Kages are at their limit and are about to get killed by Edo tensei Madara, that's when Kabuto is forced to release the jutsu by Itachi and Sasuke thus saving the kages. I don't know about what will happen in the battle between Naruto and Tobi (a.k.a. no name).

Sasuke will probably use a new technique that renders Sage Mode useless or something. That's what I want, anyway. I'm sick and tired of Kabuto.
I agree. Kabuto is getting a little old. He's been in here since the begining of the series and didn't really play a huge major role until now. Though it seems like his "major role" is going to end very soon. Also dragon-snake sage Kabuto creeps me out sometimes.

lolipiece
28th March 2012, 9:39 AM
So, basically, nothing happens. (http://mangastream.com/read/jpreview/87998684/9)

Great storytelling, Kishimoto!

arceus7
28th March 2012, 10:07 AM
^ It put alot of the manga into perspective. Meshes quite well infact, like kishi planned it.

TsukiMirage
28th March 2012, 10:14 AM
Well, I'm happy we at least get some more brotherly moments between Itachi and Sasuke.

7 tyranitars
28th March 2012, 10:23 AM
Seems like an okay chapter, could be better but it isn't that terrible.

chapters out isn't that bad at all.

Shadow Lucario
28th March 2012, 2:26 PM
Just as I thought. The teamwork between the two is exceptional. I expect this fight to end pretty soon.

Platinum fan.
28th March 2012, 5:34 PM
This weeks chapter was alright I guess. I wasn't crazy about it. Just more Sasuke and Itachi bonding and a offscreen mission they had with a wild boar. If I cared more about the Uchiha's I might have liked this chapter more but, meh. That's all I really got to say. I did like Kabuto's plan to stop the brothers from using the Sharingan. Looks like it didn't fully work though. So far this fight feels kinda last minute, like Kishi doesn't know how to end Kabuto and he's saving all his good stuff for the final fights. The battle just started but really I hope it's short.

gliscor&yanmega
28th March 2012, 5:49 PM
When I grow up I want to be just like Kabuto...have a Snake for a bellybutton :3

I enjoyed this chapter. I enjoy seeing Sasuke and Itachi working together even though I was expecting Sasuke to be even more crazy then he was before and stop caring about his brother once the bandages came off but this is the next best thing for me.

Shadow Lucario
28th March 2012, 6:01 PM
When I group up I want to be just like Kabuto...have a Snake for a bellybutton :3

And have a pedophile living inside of you? :P I think I'll pass on that.

gliscor&yanmega
28th March 2012, 6:04 PM
And have a pedophile living inside of you? :P I think I'll pass on that.

Well it's not like the pedophile will be after me, I'd be too old >: D

Shadow Lucario
28th March 2012, 6:10 PM
Well it's not like the pedophile will be after me, I'd be too old >: D

XD I question Orochimaru sometimes. I like the guy and think he's cool and all. Just the circumstances Kishi put him in weren't too good for his image. :P

uber gon
28th March 2012, 6:11 PM
So apparently Snake sage mode is capable of making dragon constructs. Wonder why Toad sage mode can't let Naruto make toad constructs?

Lorde
28th March 2012, 6:16 PM
I didn't really like the chapter since nothing really happened aside from that flashback to Itachi's and Sasuke's mission when they were younger, and the use of ninja tools for what seems to be the first time in months. I think this battle will be dragged out for a while, so I don't expect to see the conclusion anytime soon.

Joltik-Kid
28th March 2012, 6:22 PM
Woo hoo, more flashbacks that we never knew about and are hard to place in the part 1 story line....

lolipiece
28th March 2012, 6:23 PM
Sasuke looks way too old in that flashback.

Unless he decided to stop trying to kill his brother at one point and they killed a boar or something.

Meh. I swear, if Sasuke becomes good after this...

Shadow Lucario
28th March 2012, 6:35 PM
Woo hoo, more flashbacks that we never knew about and are hard to place in the part 1 story line....

That was actually before part 1.

Unless he decided to stop trying to kill his brother at one point and they killed a boar or something.

I doubt it. He'll probably still go to Naruto and fight him, then become good and/or die.

Lorde
28th March 2012, 6:38 PM
I think it's strange that Sasuke was allowed to participate in missions at that age; I thought he was too young to leave the village on assignments, even if the boar mission wasn't all-that intense. I mean, what would have happened if Itachi and Sasuke had been attacked by enemy ninja while they were out?

Crimsonlink
28th March 2012, 6:45 PM
The action was alright in this chapter but it was confusing as well. Some of it didn't flow the correct way and seemed like a mess.

Best part was Itachi screwing with Kabuto with his Genjutsu lol.

TrollsterInc
28th March 2012, 6:57 PM
It still seems cheap for him to receive a powerful weapon just like that; he's like Sasuke in the sense that power is just handed to him. It's frustrating IMO.

Difference is Bee trained to master his Tailed Beast; Sasuke was given drugs and cheap upgrades to his eyes like candy. Hell he doesn't even seem to have any problems with Susanoo anymore like he did in the beginning. Now if Bee auto-gained control of Gyuki, I'd be more inclined to agree. As for Kisame, it was a shame, but ultimately his death made sense; it would look wierd if he escaped from several ninja, a Jinchuriki who can sense negative emotions in people and the worlds greatest taijutsu artist. And Guy couldn't wield Samehada, since it already rejected him once when he tried to hit Kisame with it at the start of Part 2.

Anyways, this chapter was good; looks like Kishimoto finally decided on a fight to focus on...though I get a feeling when we return to that smug douche Madara the Kage will be battered to pieces, or dead, or both, and he'll still be smug-snaking over them.

Shadow Lucario
28th March 2012, 7:14 PM
I think it's strange that Sasuke was allowed to participate in missions at that age; I thought he was too young to leave the village on assignments, even if the boar mission wasn't all-that intense. I mean, what would have happened if Itachi and Sasuke had been attacked by enemy ninja while they were out?

I don't think it was an official mission. If they were attacked Itachi would have curb stomped em.

TsukiMirage
28th March 2012, 7:15 PM
I think it's strange that Sasuke was allowed to participate in missions at that age; I thought he was too young to leave the village on assignments, even if the boar mission wasn't all-that intense. I mean, what would have happened if Itachi and Sasuke had been attacked by enemy ninja while they were out? Itachi probably allowed Sasuke to come along without actual permission. We already know that Itachi was coming and going as he wanted, which is how he was able to find and meet Tobi, so it doesn't seem like one had to always inform the village that they were leaving.

Anyway, Kabuto's technique was interesting and it was sort of refreshing to see a move that wasn't simply about raw power and used in a tactical way. Anyway, I continue to enjoy the brother's bromance. The flashback of when they were young was really a nice treat, especially in showing how close they had been and how Kabuto was wrong about their teamwork. Sasuke looks pretty cool as an archer, and that sort of explains why his Susanoo would develop a bow and arrow. The trick with the Crow Clone was also pretty sweet. I have to say I'm really enjoying this battle, though I wouldn't mind if they threw it into high gear next chapter. Great chapter.

Charminions
28th March 2012, 8:46 PM
Oh Itachi, you so awesome.

Shneak
28th March 2012, 8:51 PM
- Kabuto's so emo. Hated, avoided.
- Now there's a dragon.
- This technique must have been terribly difficult to draw.
- Kabuto has a Beatlejuice mouth!
- What happened here? Kabuto suddenly starts talking to Itachi and the technique dies. I don't get it.
- Archery in the flashback. How convenient.
- Suddenly his tail is in his stomach. WHAT.
- Is that blood or cloth? Itachi is still dead, Kishi.
- A clone, of course. It would have been much better if Itachi just tore the sword from his body and stabbed Kabuto.
- You're not a horned Naruto character unless you get one of them slashed off!
- Sasuke's age in the flashback must be during or before the Academy. He doesn't have a village plate. Why he's on the mission I don't know.
- Back to the beginning....

Boo hiss! I didn't like that chapter. The fight has been decent so far, but Kabuto's Sage Mode is so underwhelming. At least we saw Sasuke struggle.

Oh god. Introducing... an alternate universe!

multi-scale
28th March 2012, 9:37 PM
Meh chapter. Kabuto's new mode is pretty cool I guess, but nothing really special. I really wish someone would realize the way to counter intelligence in Naruto is to do random haphazard techniques and hope something connects. Geez Kabuto, you're so predictable.
Flashback is pretty boring, the only thing it's really showed that the douchiness that Sasuke's been developing for around 300+ chapters is rapidly disappearing. By the end of the next month he'll be hugging all his old Konoha friends and returning to the village arm in arm with Naruto.
Also, does Itachi read Bleach or something? The way to stop a cero,ahem, Sage Technique is to cut a horn off. Good call.
I hope this fight lasts longer and Kabuto wins.

Lorde
28th March 2012, 11:27 PM
It really looks like Sasuke will turn good after this battle; at the very least, he'll listen to what Naruto has to say when they fight, and he'll hopefully make the right decision then.

Joltik-Kid
29th March 2012, 2:38 AM
Just because it appears Sasuke's becoming good, doesn't necessary mean Kishi will make it all that easy...hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Sasuke goes back to his evil ways if Itachi dies before telling him what he wants to know.

Shneak
29th March 2012, 3:41 AM
I think he may become good, but it won't be that easy. The Alliance won't accept him with open arms and he is still a criminal with a dead-or-alive bounty.

TsukiMirage
29th March 2012, 6:11 AM
I have no doubt Naruto could sweet talk everyone into forgetting all that Sasuke has done, given the way things have been going. Still would prefer for Sasuke to up Itachi's role of a good guy acting like a villain.

DANdotW
29th March 2012, 10:56 AM
I'd actually like for Sasuke to turn good, but still refuse to come back to the village. Naruto can get happy and get praise because he "changed" Sasuke, but we don't get the unrealistic approach of him being welcomed back with open arms. I can see them perhaps letting him go since he killed Zetsu and potentially stopped the Edo Tensei and maybe Kabuto.

This way, Sasuke can go and be the new leader of Otogakure and he and Naruto can stay in some form of friendliness without the series becoming mushy loveydovey friendship crap.

Platinum fan.
29th March 2012, 1:48 PM
I see this as just a first step in Sasuke's road to recovery. He won't turn fully good here, at least not yet, but if so this is actually a good move. It would be to unrealistic if Naruto could fully change Sasuke in their fight if he didn't even question his own motives in the slightest. I know Kishi is making Naruto this big savior of the world with his world peace stuff and all but to be able to fully change Sasuke without their being any glimmer of his old self, that would make Naruto a miracle worker. I know I say I miss the old Sasuke every now and again, but truthfully I kind of miss the old Naruto as well. I like how he's more mature around others but this obsession with Sasuke has really dragged his character down. I miss both part 1 Sasuke and part 1 Naruto, before Sasuke went rogue. Sakura I would say has at least remained somewhat the same. At least her goal never changed.

Shadow Lucario
29th March 2012, 2:00 PM
I think at the end of the Kabutomaru fight when Sasuke talks to Itachi is when he'll question his goals. Itachi will say something to push him towards the other side and when he confronts Naruto is when he will finally be pushed over.

Lorde
29th March 2012, 6:15 PM
I still think actions speak louder than words; perhaps Sasuke will see the error of his ways if Naruto gets defeated by Tobi.

Ambre
29th March 2012, 6:42 PM
Actually, am I the only one who wants to see the nine-tails extracted. Naruto will live anyways, but it will be awesome to see everyone panicing that Naruto is going to die.

gliscor&yanmega
29th March 2012, 6:48 PM
Actually, am I the only one who wants to see the nine-tails extracted. Naruto will live anyways, but it will be awesome to see everyone panicing that Naruto is going to die.

I don't want Kurama to be taken away now that he and Naruto are friends...he needs to be doing what he was doing in the colour page last chapter.

TsukiMirage
29th March 2012, 7:36 PM
Bring together the Bijuus and the resurrection of the Juubi have both been hinted at, so I could easily see Naruto losing the Kyuubi eventually. Not to mention the issue with the Kyuubi being freed and vulnerable upon Naruto's death.

arceus7
29th March 2012, 7:57 PM
Kishimoto is an alright Author but what he fails at is conveying the skill and strength level, properly utilizing and fully characterizing his females, and his inability to connect the most arbitrary details in part 1 to those in part two in the minds of the stupidest of this manga's fanbase, they make assumptions and end up making opinions that sound so stupid you wonder if they read correctly.

This manga requires a crap-load of analysis.

Lol this reminds me of those people getting mad that they castes Rue as an African American girl in the Hunger Games movie( they thought she was Caucasian )

Most Americans seem to lack the basic fundamentals of grammar and they dont read properly >_>

G

Lorde
29th March 2012, 8:03 PM

I'd actually like to see how Konoha would handle something like that. Naruto is without a doubt the strongest ninja there, and without him, the village would lack a protector; Tsunade might still be around, but she isn't very reliable.

arceus7
29th March 2012, 8:48 PM
Lol wat?^ Tsunade is the Hokage, as long as Tobi isnt going God-mode on everybody and madara and he hax edo-tensei isnt around everything should be golden

Power levels screwed up much :|

Banana Knight Arthur
29th March 2012, 11:31 PM

Naruto will become the new Jyuubi jinchuuriki before he ever loses Kurama for good.

Platinum fan.
30th March 2012, 12:17 AM
As long as it's after the Sasuke fight, I guess Naruto can lose Kyuubi. Overall I'm kinda half and half on the idea. There are positives and negatives if Tobi actually steals all the Bijuu. Seeing as how Tobi and his Zetsu's have done so poorly in this war and having not killed a single main character yet, I don't think Tobi even deserves to obtain his master plan. Orochimaru, a more entertaining villain didn't even achieve his goal so why let the less entertaining Tobi do it? He'll just be stopped anyway in a cliche manor. Then again it's not like anything else is really thrilling about this war other then the Naruto and Sasuke future fight, which has been coming since the end of part 1, so why not have Tobi achieve his goal? Like I said he'll be defeated regardless and I'm sure Naruto will get Kyuubi back. As for Naruto dying, he'll be brought back to life somehow so that won't affect me at all. Like they'll kill him off yeah right.

gliscor&yanmega
30th March 2012, 1:38 PM
Seeing as how Tobi and his Zetsu's have done so poorly in this war and having not killed a single main character yet

...Tobi and the White Zetsu Clone Army have done far from poorly in the war.

White Zetsu Clone Army was causing chaos at night, the Alliance would have lost had Naruto not came into the picture, which was all part of the plan in the first place.

Now that Naruto and Killerbee are out Tobi has stepped out and it's hardly his fault he's facing the main character which means plot is going to do what the plot is going to do.

Main characters also don't die so easily due to the plot, side characters/secondary characters/minor characters on the hand die more commonly, but Kishi seems to not want a mass character kill off war, he's not the type to just kill a bunch of characters just for the heck of it. Just because no named character has died doesn't mean Tobi and Zetsu have done poorly here, in the end half the Alliance was wiped out in the first day, and Tobi probably would like as many people alive as possibly so his plan can have some people to play with.

Tobi has done a great job in this war, as well the White Zetsu Clone Army.

Shadow Lucario
30th March 2012, 2:17 PM
Lol wat?^ Tsunade is the Hokage, as long as Tobi isnt going God-mode on everybody and madara and he hax edo-tensei isnt around everything should be golden

Power levels screwed up much :|

The power levels aren't screwed. The Kages are the strongest of their village minus a few exceptions (Naruto, Bee) and anyone of Jonin rank is a strong shinobi i.e Kakashi and Gai. Just because Naruto and Sasuke a Kage level doesn't mean the power levels are screwed up. Tsunade wasn't that good to begin with.

Platinum fan.
30th March 2012, 3:05 PM

White Zetsu Clone Army was causing chaos at night, the Alliance would have lost had Naruto not came into the picture, which was all part of the plan in the first place.

Now that Naruto and Killerbee are out Tobi has stepped out and it's hardly his fault he's facing the main character which means plot is going to do what the plot is going to do.

Main characters also don't die so easily due to the plot, side characters/secondary characters/minor characters on the hand die more commonly, but Kishi seems to not want a mass character kill off war, he's not the type to just kill a bunch of characters just for the heck of it. Just because no named character has died doesn't mean Tobi and Zetsu have done poorly here, in the end half the Alliance was wiped out in the first day, and Tobi probably would like as many people alive as possibly so his plan can have some people to play with.

Tobi has done a great job in this war, as well the White Zetsu Clone Army.

I guess if you want to look at it that way it makes more sense. I guess I just want to see some death and emotion from the main characters. They don't have to kill them all off, just one or two would be fine for me. I wanted to see some real emotion when Naruto's friends faced the death of a classmate. We've seen them deal with masters death so seeing their classmates/teammates die would have really elevated them to true ninjas. When I said Tobi's army was failing, I think I was mainly talking about his Edo Tensei's zombie's. Other then a few, they really haven't been that scary for all their legendary status goes, but I guess talk no jutsu also plays a factor in that, so maybe I shouldn't have said Tobi's army was doing a lousy job, but I stand by what I said that this entire war arc is mediocre and could have been much better then it is.

Lorde
30th March 2012, 6:10 PM

You're only defending Zetsu because he's your favorite character. However, everyone else knows that the White Zetsu Army was a disappointment. Most of them got killed during the first part of the war, and even though they had a plan for countering the Allied Shinobi Forces by disguising themselves as "good" ninja, Naruto and the others still managed to stop them. The only interesting thing that the White Zetsu did was merge together, but they only did that once and Naruto defeated them quickly. And don't get me started on Tobi.

gliscor&yanmega
30th March 2012, 6:56 PM
I guess if you want to look at it that way it makes more sense. I guess I just want to see some death and emotion from the main characters. They don't have to kill them all off, just one or two would be fine for me. I wanted to see some real emotion when Naruto's friends faced the death of a classmate. We've seen them deal with masters death so seeing their classmates/teammates die would have really elevated them to true ninjas. When I said Tobi's army was failing, I think I was mainly talking about his Edo Tensei's zombie's. Other then a few, they really haven't been that scary for all their legendary status goes, but I guess talk no jutsu also plays a factor in that, so maybe I shouldn't have said Tobi's army was doing a lousy job, but I stand by what I said that this entire war arc is mediocre and could have been much better then it is.

Edo Tensei is Kabuto's army though. Also, they were being used for more then battling, they were used to torment those who had connections with the people summoned by Edo Tensei. "Talk no jutsu" didn't really have much of an impact on them at all, aside from Sasori and Shin, all the others couldn't be talked out of Edo Tensei(Since Kabuto powered it up).

You're only defending Zetsu because he's your favorite character. However, everyone else knows that the White Zetsu Army was a disappointment. Most of them got killed during the first part of the war, and even though they had a plan for countering the Allied Shinobi Forces by disguising themselves as "good" ninja, Naruto and the others still managed to stop them. The only interesting thing that the White Zetsu did was merge together, but they only did that once and Naruto defeated them quickly. And don't get me started on Tobi.

My favoritism for Zetsu has nothing to do with it, I simply don't cast characters off when they are clearly shown to be a threat.

Most of the Alliance got killed during the first part of the war too.

They only stopped the Shape Shifting technique because Naruto came into the picture, and he's the main character. Before he came into the picture chaos was all around the battlefield and the Alliance were in a very tight spot, clearly shown in the manga. Shikaku pretty much confirmed that only Naruto had the power to stop it, and that's exactly what happened.

Plus the White Zetsu Clone Army main purpose was to lure Naruto and Killerbee out.

Shadow Lucario
30th March 2012, 7:33 PM
I don't think the White Zetsu army was a disappointment at all. Tobi doesn't need to defeat their army. He just needs Kyuubi and Hachibi. He wanted to lure them out and he did just that. So it seems like his plan was a success. Naruto and Bee are out in the open and Tobi can extract the Bijuu.

multi-scale
30th March 2012, 7:52 PM
Someone explain how the White Zetsu army was not a threat when they and the Edo Tenseis wiped out half of the Shinobi Alliance in one night. It was sad that the original got killed, though. Not to mention they did a huge number on the medical division, which will hurt the villages in any further battles. And like everyone said, they were basically a giant distraction. The main purpose of the Edo Tenseis and Zetsus was to keep everyone away from Naruto and Bee so they could be captured.
If I did have one problem, it's Kakashi and Guy. They would be better suited fighting Muu and Madara than fighting with Naruto and Bee. They were needed, but I had hoped to have a bijuu-only battle.

Shneak
30th March 2012, 10:00 PM
I think the Zetsu Army did their killing off screen. 40,000 is way too large of a number for the zombies to kill alone, and most of them were preoccupied.

Profesco
31st March 2012, 12:55 AM
Maybe it's because I came to Naruto by way of anime before manga, so I'm used to seeing a lot of action in action, but the whole Zetsu army sort of seemed forgettable to me. Certainly much of the war and battling is off-screen anyway, but I can hardly remember a thing concerning the White Zetsu army except for the two or three instances where an individual Zetsu disguised itself as a significant character (like Neji). This was played up to be an army of perfect spies, 100,000 strong and superpowered with Kabuto's science and Hashirama's genes. (Even the anime is making this fact more imposing in its last two episodes than the manga did when it was first disclosed, imo.) I guess what I'm saying is that the payout, compared to the hype, was a little underwhelming, in terms of the manga.

That's not to say the White Zetsu army wasn't actually an incredibly effective or dangerous asset to Tobi's movement, of course; just that I don't feel like I got enough... experience of it, let's say... from the manga to appreciate it as such. *shrug*

Platinum fan.
31st March 2012, 1:31 AM
Edo Tensei is Kabuto's army though. Also, they were being used for more then battling, they were used to torment those who had connections with the people summoned by Edo Tensei. "Talk no jutsu" didn't really have much of an impact on them at all, aside from Sasori and Shin, all the others couldn't be talked out of Edo Tensei(Since Kabuto powered it up).

My favoritism for Zetsu has nothing to do with it, I simply don't cast characters off when they are clearly shown to be a threat.

Most of the Alliance got killed during the first part of the war too.

They only stopped the Shape Shifting technique because Naruto came into the picture, and he's the main character. Before he came into the picture chaos was all around the battlefield and the Alliance were in a very tight spot, clearly shown in the manga. Shikaku pretty much confirmed that only Naruto had the power to stop it, and that's exactly what happened.

Plus the White Zetsu Clone Army main purpose was to lure Naruto and Killerbee out.

The Edo Tensei's were meant to torment the opponent's yes, but did that actually work? No. Sai was willing to fight his brother, and Team 10 managed to fight Asuma, even if it took Choji awhile to man up. Half the tormenters weren't even present for the correct person, like Neji and his dad, Hizashi, Tsunade and Dan. What was the point of bringing those two back if they didn't even meet up with Neji and Tsunade. A bunch of the zombie's came back not as powerful as they were during their time alive. Sasori and Deidara come to mind with how easily they were captured. I would have thought those two would take a mini army to capture due to how powerful they were. Yeah, you can say the ninja forced were much stronger then they were at the start of part 2 but still.

This is just my opinion, I'm not trying to state it as a fact or trying to get everyone to see it my way because many people will disagree when I say the Edo Tensei's served no real purpose so far in this war, even Itachi just feels like fanservice of bringing a highly popular character back. It feels lazy, they should have had like maybe a part 3 where Tobi and Kabuto are recruiting some of the most evil, powerful, and vile ninja men and women still alive in the ninja world and have them be Tobi's army. Have them overwhelm Naruto's classmates with jutsu's we've never seen before and use them as a trigger for Konaha and the alliance to want to get stronger before the actual war starts. The Edo Tensei zombies for me have all been lackluster, minus Nagato, Itachi, Zabuza and Haku. The latter two mainly because I just love them.

Dark Searchman
31st March 2012, 9:46 AM
Maybe they did recruit other evil ninja... would definitely be an idea for some filler arcs... during the war... XD

TsukiMirage
31st March 2012, 10:52 AM
I think the Zetsu Army did their killing off screen. 40,000 is way too large of a number for the zombies to kill alone, and most of them were preoccupied. The only Edo summons that seem to have actually done some killing were Kakuzu, Kinkaku when he went Kyuubi, and the Seven Swordsmen. Given that, the main bulk of the killings do seem like they were committed by the Zetsu forces.

Crimsonlink
31st March 2012, 11:17 AM
Edo Tensai was a wasted plot device IMO as many popular and famous ninjas missed out on some battles and many characters didn't get developed because of it.

Sai, Kankuro, Gaara and Chouji are the only ones that got lucky enough to get development even though there were many other battles to show without the arc becoming boring or dragged out.

But of course Kishi felt that Naruto had to join the battlefield fast and killed off chances for others to grow.

Instead of Naruto fighting the 3rd Raikage it should have been Bee but nope that didn't happen.

Neji, Hinata, Shino, Kiba, Ino and Lee's development as characters was what I was most looking forward to in this war but again that didn't happen.

Of course some of the action makes up for it. But overall, the war has been very disappointing for me.

Gokage vs Madara has become boring and kinda pathetic, Naruto + others vs Tobi has been put on Hiatus and Uchiha bros vs Dragon-type Kabuto has degenerated into make Itachi and Sasuke look good. (but mostly Itachi)

Wonder if Sasuke will show us Izanami as that is the next EMS move left after Kishi introduced the 3 main MS abilities + Izanagi.

Would be cool if Sasuke used Kamui or Amaterasu in combination with his Susanoo.

Shadow Lucario
31st March 2012, 12:08 PM
Wonder if Sasuke will show us Izanami as that is the next EMS move left after Kishi introduced the 3 main MS abilities + Izanagi.

Would be cool if Sasuke used Kamui or Amaterasu in combination with his Susanoo.

There is no technique called Izanami. If you're talking about Izanagi then you don't need the Mangekyou Sharingan for it. Both Tobi and Danzo used it and neither had the Mangekyou Sharingan. As for Kamui, I think that's unique to Kakashi. Probably because he isn't an Uchiha and has the Mangekyou Sharingan.

Lorde
31st March 2012, 5:13 PM
There is no technique called Izanami. If you're talking about Izanagi then you don't need the Mangekyou Sharingan for it. Both Tobi and Danzo used it and neither had the Mangekyou Sharingan. As for Kamui, I think that's unique to Kakashi. Probably because he isn't an Uchiha and has the Mangekyou Sharingan.

You're right; there isn't a technique called Izanami (at least not yet). However, we're pretty sure that it'll be revealed soon since Izanagi and Izanami go hand-in-hand in Japanese mythology. Still, the technique can't possibly be more broken than Izanagi or Kotoamatsukami.

Crimsonlink
31st March 2012, 5:28 PM

Most people said that Susanoo didn't exist as a technique but they were proven wrong.

As for Izanagi, that is a bit weird since I figure such a powerful ability would need the MS. As for Tobi not having an MS, I dunno about that.

I disagree that Kamui is unique to Kakashi as Tobi seems to use a different version of it to teleport to places.

Shadow Lucario
31st March 2012, 5:45 PM
Most people said that Susanoo didn't exist as a technique but they were proven wrong.

As for Izanagi, that is a bit weird since I figure such a powerful ability would need the MS. As for Tobi not having an MS, I dunno about that.

I disagree that Kamui is unique to Kakashi as Tobi seems to use a different version of it to teleport to places.

What I remember people thought a while ago is that people have different MS techniques but ever since Sasuke has been shown using the same techniques as Itachi I'm not sure about that anymore.

If Tobi had the Mangekyou Sharingan why hasn't he used it yet?

Crimsonlink
31st March 2012, 6:52 PM
What I remember people thought a while ago is that people have different MS techniques but ever since Sasuke has been shown using the same techniques as Itachi I'm not sure about that anymore.

If Tobi had the Mangekyou Sharingan why hasn't he used it yet?

Why would Tobi use the MS if it blinds him? He did control the Kyuubi which is supposed to require a MS but Kishi slipped that under the rug.

Besides, Tobi has a Rinnegan so him having an MS becomes pointless.

Platinum fan.
31st March 2012, 7:18 PM
Maybe they did recruit other evil ninja... would definitely be an idea for some filler arcs... during the war... XD

They didn't. They would have mentioned them by now. Maybe they'll do something like that for the anime, but since I don't watch the anime version I wouldn't care.

On the subject of Sharingan I actually hope Kakashi is the only one to be able to do Kamui. I would hate to see Sasuke, Itachi, or Tobi be able to do that as well, if they haven't already done it. If Sasuke were to ever use Izanagi, would go blind yet again?

Shadow Lucario
31st March 2012, 7:37 PM
On the subject of Sharingan I actually hope Kakashi is the only one to be able to do Kamui. I would hate to see Sasuke, Itachi, or Tobi be able to do that as well, if they haven't already done it. If Sasuke were to ever use Izanagi, would go blind yet again?

I'm pretty sure it's unique to Kakashi. No one else has shown any knowledge of it besides the one time Tobi said it wouldn't work on him. As for Izanagi yeah I'm sure it would blind him because the technique seals the user's Sharingan that used Izanagi. Sasuke can't even use it because he lacks Hashirama's cells.

TsukiMirage
31st March 2012, 7:52 PM
What I remember people thought a while ago is that people have different MS techniques but ever since Sasuke has been shown using the same techniques as Itachi I'm not sure about that anymore. To be fair that was never actually said, people just assumed it. But since then, it's been confirm that MS users can have the same MS techniques, with Tobi mentioning that there have been other Susanoo users and Madara showing off his own.

Lorde
31st March 2012, 9:09 PM
If Sasuke were to ever use Izanagi, would go blind yet again?

I don't think he'll use it; his ego wouldn't allow him to use it since it would leave him with only one good eye. He'd probably choose death over being blind again.

multi-scale
31st March 2012, 11:03 PM
I'm pretty sure it was said that Senju and Uchiha DNA/abilities were needed together to perform Izanagi, so Sasuke couldn't use it even if he tried. Unless Orochimaru injected Sasuke with Hashirama cells to increase his training. It's certainly possible, but I doubt he can use it, not that he would use it anyway.

burnley95
31st March 2012, 11:06 PM
I don't think he'll use it; his ego wouldn't allow him to use it since it would leave him with only one good eye. He'd probably choose death over being blind again.

I don't think his EGO has anything to do with it. It is Obito's eye and he probably would keep it for the rest of his life to honor his friend's sacrifice.

TsukiMirage
1st April 2012, 2:00 AM
I'm pretty sure it was said that Senju and Uchiha DNA/abilities were needed together to perform Izanagi, so Sasuke couldn't use it even if he tried. Unless Orochimaru injected Sasuke with Hashirama cells to increase his training. It's certainly possible, but I doubt he can use it, not that he would use it anyway. Senju and Uchiha Dna is needed to used the prefect version of Izanagi, but the Uchiha's were capable of using the imperfect version without the extra Dna,which is why they forbidden it.

7 tyranitars
1st April 2012, 11:00 AM
Why would Tobi use the MS if it blinds him? He did control the Kyuubi which is supposed to require a MS but Kishi slipped that under the rug.

Besides, Tobi has a Rinnegan so him having an MS becomes pointless.

They never had to, it was said you needed a sharingan.

TsukiMirage
1st April 2012, 3:23 PM
It was said that MS was required, but not necessarily that they had to use MS to do it.

Shadow Lucario
1st April 2012, 3:26 PM
It was said that MS was required, but not necessarily that they had to use MS to do it.

It was never said you needed Mangekyou Sharingan because Danzo using it would contradict this.

TsukiMirage
1st April 2012, 3:36 PM
Wait, what are we talking about? Controlling the Kyuubi?

Shadow Lucario
1st April 2012, 3:38 PM
Wait, what are we talking about? Controlling the Kyuubi?

I'm talking about Izanagi. Now that you say that, what you said makes more sense.

TsukiMirage
1st April 2012, 4:00 PM
Oh, yeah. Izanagi doesn't require MS, just the Sharingan to use the imperfect version and additional Senju Dna to use the perfect version.

TrollsterInc
1st April 2012, 4:13 PM
You're right; there isn't a technique called Izanami (at least not yet). However, we're pretty sure that it'll be revealed soon since Izanagi and Izanami go hand-in-hand in Japanese mythology. Still, the technique can't possibly be more broken than Izanagi or Kotoamatsukami.

Famous last words. I'm willing to bet Sasuke gets it if he goes up against Tobi or Naruto, where he'll gain a 100% buff to his plot armour and his hax score goes through the roof. Since Izanagi distorts the persons own reality, I'mm guessing Izanami would distort other peoples, allowing Sasuke to potentially one shot everyone in the series bar Madara, Naruto and maybe Tobi.

Lorde
1st April 2012, 7:12 PM
I still don't understand why Izanagi was a forbidden technique; it has a down-side to it, but it would be really useful in a tight spot.

DANdotW
1st April 2012, 8:00 PM
Lol, the downside being that you lose the eye that gave you the power to use the jutsu in the first place? I'd say the end result outweighs the advantages.

TrollsterInc
1st April 2012, 9:09 PM
I still don't understand why Izanagi was a forbidden technique; it has a down-side to it, but it would be really useful in a tight spot.

...Because you go blind from it, perhaps? It might be handy in a life-or-death situation, but the cons outweigh the benefits; without Senju DNA it was barely worth it, and even with it it doesn't last that long; Danzo had a minute per Sharingan, and Tobi had 5 or so.

7 tyranitars
1st April 2012, 9:42 PM

Because they would kill eachother for the sharingans,even more then to get the mangekyou sharingan.

Shadow Lucario
1st April 2012, 10:07 PM

Unless you're absolutely going to die like Tobi was then it's not worth it. The reason it's forbidden is because it blinds the Sharingan that used it.

Lorde
1st April 2012, 11:23 PM
Unless you're absolutely going to die like Tobi was then it's not worth it. The reason it's forbidden is because it blinds the Sharingan that used it.

Well yes, but if you're going to die, it would be better to use the technique and avoid that fate. I know that the Uchiha were a proud clan, but even they couldn't be as stubborn as to refuse to use the technique in life-and-death situations, could they?

TsukiMirage
2nd April 2012, 9:27 AM
With only a time limit of a few seconds, there's no real tactical value in using Izanagi, since even if they do save themselves for that instant, they would still be in the exact same situation afterward except with only a single eye. Don't forget, Izanagi has to be activated beforehand. So the person would literally have to be in a situation where they know they will die within a second or so, to actually use Izanagi, and unless it's like in some sort of explosion or such, their opponent wouldn't have much trouble just killing them again. Logically, they would stand a better chance of simply attempting to run away.

Another reason is probably the sealing of the Sharingan would be counterproductive to another clan member gaining EMS.

lolipiece
3rd April 2012, 8:14 PM
So....anyone see the Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth anime?

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4274/leemanly.jpg

TrollsterInc
3rd April 2012, 11:13 PM
So....anyone see the Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth anime?

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4274/leemanly.jpg

I did. I've been chuckling pretty heartily at it.

Joltik-Kid
4th April 2012, 5:26 AM
Just realized Tobi collected portions of both the 8 and 9 tails power...that must be why he didn't care if he tried to kill them or not

Banana Knight Arthur
4th April 2012, 6:02 AM
Just realized Tobi collected portions of both the 8 and 9 tails power...that must be why he didn't care if he tried to kill them or not

I thought it was because he figured it'd be easier to kill them and wait for the bijuu to revive, rather than have to wrangle the strongest perfectly synchronized Jinchuuriki.

TsukiMirage
4th April 2012, 11:23 AM
Tobi really didn't seem all that alarm about Naruto's new powers or him being able to defeat his Edo Jinchuuriki, so I doubt Tobi was that worried about having to fight Naruto. From what Kabuto implied, Tobi was in a hurry to complete his plans that night, so presumably he's already prepared what he need to do and now he's having fun as he seems to suggest.

Anyway, spoilers are out.
http://65.imagebam.com/download/yMuOWiyskAHrwaZoUoe84A/18316/183155605/grbDL.jpg

Sasuke wants to hear the truth from Itachi.
Itachi tells Sasuke to listen without provoking Kabuto (?)

Itachi tells Sasuke that the Uchiha have an ocular jutsu that doesn't have to do with affecting the opponent's senses.
Sasuke: "...Izanagi...? Danzou used that when I fought him."
Itachi: "...You've lived well."

The Uchiha have another forbidden jutsu to act as a counterpart to Izanagi.
Itachi: "The preparations have already been made. The ultimate ocular jutsu that will seize his destiny... Izanami."
Izanagi is a jutsu that changes one's fate, while Izanami is a jutsu that determines one's fate.
Itachi and Kabuto clash.

Itachi: "Sasuke... Stay close to me." Look, it's Izanami!

Shadow Lucario
4th April 2012, 11:47 AM
Wow. You guys were right. Izanami. If it's anything like Izanagi then I can't wait to see it. Makes me wonder if someone has to perform Izanagi first for it to be used.

7 tyranitars
4th April 2012, 12:01 PM
Wow. You guys were right. Izanami. If it's anything like Izanagi then I can't wait to see it. Makes me wonder if someone has to perform Izanagi first for it to be used.

Lately we have been extremly good at predicting chapters O_O.

DANdotW
4th April 2012, 12:20 PM

Looks like you were on the ball and right on time, too.

lolipiece
4th April 2012, 12:25 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ay.

Yet more pulling Sharingan techniques out of friggin' nowhere.

uber gon
4th April 2012, 4:40 PM
I'm betting that when Sasuke creates some all powerful fire jutsu called Kagatsuchi. It's SO going to happen.

7 tyranitars
4th April 2012, 5:49 PM
I'm betting that when Sasuke creates some all powerful fire jutsu called Kagatsuchi. It's SO going to happen.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Blaze_Release:_Kagutsuchi Too late.

TsukiMirage
4th April 2012, 5:52 PM
Not all that much happens, but we do get more on Sasuke's motivations against Konoha and learn more of Kabuto's past. Kabuto was also quite creepy this chapter, especially with him wanting Sasuke to accept him as a big brother. It was interesting to see that Sasuke and Tobi were apparently ballsy enough to waltz around where there were possible Konoha ninjas to see them. Seeing them just sitting around drinking together was surreal, a throwback to Itachi's partnership with Kisame. And Konoha being the one who made Kabuto into the spy he is, until they eventually stopped trusting him, was a surprise but not unexpected. If they didn't trust him, I don't see how him switching sides wasn't to be expected. Seems like it wasn't just with the Uchiha and Naruto that Konoha failed. Anyway, I can't wait to see what and how Izanami works. Pretty decent chapter.

SharpedoX
4th April 2012, 5:56 PM

Also one of my first thoughts when I read the legend of Izanagi and Izanami on Narutopedia (gotta love that site; it's all so well explained). But like 7 tyranitars said, it's already been done. Too bad Sasuke only used it once against the Raikage (to my better knowledge). He has a knack to only use "special" jutsus once. Summoning that hawk against Danzo, Kirin and Blaze Release. Oh well, it's never too late to reuse them at some point I suppose.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ay.

Yet more pulling Sharingan techniques out of friggin' nowhere.

Agreeed.

Still a fine chapter. Was expecting a lot more action but it's nice having these dialogue parts and a little more of Kabuto's backstory. I honestly can't predict Sasuke's next step regarding Konohagakure. It's all been so wobbly. Still, he'll remain hating the village due to his unavoidable battle against Naruto.

Lorde
4th April 2012, 5:56 PM
So it looks like we did get Izanami; Kishi is becoming a little too predictable. Anyway, that was the highlight of the chapter since there wasn't much action. I did like that flashback scene where Sasuke and Tobi were at a cafe, though. I also liked Kabuto's explanation about being a spy, although we kind of knew that stuff already.

Crimsonlink
4th April 2012, 6:53 PM
That is the good kind of Flashback that Kishi could use instead of the crappy ones he gave us with Naruto chapters a while back.

Looks like I was right about Izanami but I wonder what it does compared to Izanagi.

Overall a average chapter. Lots of talking surprisingly but its going back to action next week hopefully.

7 tyranitars
4th April 2012, 7:27 PM
Also one of my first thoughts when I read the legend of Izanagi and Izanami on Narutopedia (gotta love that site; it's all so well explained). But like 7 tyranitars said, it's already been done. Too bad Sasuke only used it once against the Raikage (to my better knowledge). He has a knack to only "special" jutsus only once. Summoning that hawk against Danzo, Kirin and Blaze Release. Oh well, it's never too late to reuse them at some point I suppose.

Agreeed.

Still a fine chapter. Was expecting a lot more action but it's nice having these dialogue parts and a little more of Kabuto's backstory. I honestly can't predict Sasuke's next step regarding Konohagakure. It's all been so wobbly. Still, he'll remain hating the village due to his unavoidable battle against Naruto.

Sasuke used an Enton Jutsu against White zetsu aswell.

Shadow Lucario
4th April 2012, 7:51 PM
Sasuke used an Enton Jutsu against White zetsu aswell.

I think that might have just been Amaterasu. It seems like his Susanoo holds it now. It might be able to be classified as Enton, but I'm not sure.

Banana Knight Arthur
4th April 2012, 7:54 PM
This episode felt unnecessary, things are moving slow, but I guess chapters full of Sasuke are good for ratings XD

I long ago foresaw more ancient Japanese God based techniques, once we got Izanagi + his children Susano'ou/Amaterasu/Tsukuyomi.

Now the mother's technique Izanami, she's the GOD of creation, for your info purposes.

Joltik-Kid
4th April 2012, 8:26 PM
So it looks like we did get Izanami; Kishi is becoming a little too predictable. Anyway, that was the highlight of the chapter since there wasn't much action. I did like that flashback scene where Sasuke and Tobi were at a cafe, though. I also liked Kabuto's explanation about being a spy, although we kind of knew that stuff already.
Except Sasuke isn't the one using it...so it wasn't as everyone predicted

Shneak
4th April 2012, 8:54 PM
- I love the cover of SJ this week. Spring must be beautiful in Japan.
- Kabuto's slow.
- Who's in the other cloak? Wtf? All of Taka?
- A reward? Good one, nameless Leaf ninja!
- Oh, it's Tobi. That's awkward.
- I don't like Sasuke, but this is a really good scene...
- No Itachi! Tell him how he's an idiot NOW!
- Oh, oh noo...
- It happened. Oh god, more eye hax.
- What's the opposite of living!?

I liked the chapter in context, but I think it could have used less talking. It seems like this fight is going nowhere, and most of this chapter was about how Sasuke felt betrayed, and we already knew that. However, I really liked the flashback at the ramen restaurant with Tobi. I think that was a really good character development scene for him, even if it was in the past.

Kudos to Kira for guessing Izanami way before.

Lorde
4th April 2012, 9:05 PM
Except Sasuke isn't the one using it...so it wasn't as everyone predicted

We didn't just predict that Sasuke would use it though; at first we simply predicted that it would be used at some point. The theories started when Izanagi was first used.

Shadow Lucario
4th April 2012, 9:20 PM
So it looks like we did get Izanami; Kishi is becoming a little too predictable.

Predicting the name of a technique does not mean he is becoming too predictable. He uses the name of Japanese Gods so it was evident he would have used it eventually. If he's become to predictable I'd like you to tell me what it does.

Platinum fan.
4th April 2012, 11:55 PM
I'm late to the party again. This weeks chapter was alright. I'm still hoping this battle is short, just not interested in it. But I did like the offscreen thing where Sasuke was listening to those Konoha ninjas about Itachi. I always wanted Sasuke to be in a undercover cloak in a public location while people talked smack about him and his family just to see how he would react and take it. I hate to admit it but I kinda did feel bad for Sasuke during that scene. His brother died a good guy who saved the village and hardly anyone knew it. And to make matters worse they were talking bad about him. I kinda understand Sasuke's anger there. I still don't condone his wanting to kill everyone in Konoha and never will but it was nice to see the human side of Sasuke instead of the heartless monster he usually is. Other then that and a little about Kabuto's backstory this was a meh chapter, overall. I'm not really excited to see this new Uchiha power, as if they don't already have enough, even now in the final hours they show off something new. Must be grand to be a Uchiha.

uber gon
5th April 2012, 1:56 AM
At least we got some Kabuto backstory. Meh, at least we'll probably get Itachi's side of the story about his massacre of his family.

lolipiece
5th April 2012, 2:10 AM
At least we got some Kabuto backstory. Meh, at least we'll probably get Itachi's side of the story about his massacre of his family.

I thought we already did....back when he died.

Crimsonlink
5th April 2012, 2:34 AM
Predicting the name of a technique does not mean he is becoming too predictable. He uses the name of Japanese Gods so it was evident he would have used it eventually. If he's become to predictable I'd like you to tell me what it does.

Izanami casts a unbreakable genjutsu over the opponent is my guess. Since that would be the opposite of Izanagi. That or Izanami lets you control the opponent in exchange for both your eyes.

Lorde
5th April 2012, 3:07 AM
Meh, at least we'll probably get Itachi's side of the story about his massacre of his family.

I think we've learned just about everything that happened. But who knows; maybe Kishi will throw in a couple more details or a plot-twist that we never expected.

Dark Searchman
5th April 2012, 3:28 AM
Yeah, maybe one where Shisui didn't die...

O_o

uber gon
5th April 2012, 5:05 AM
I think we've learned just about everything that happened. But who knows; maybe Kishi will throw in a couple more details or a plot-twist that we never expected.

I can bet it will be something that will make Sasuke want to go back to the Leaf. Yeah.

7 tyranitars
5th April 2012, 10:03 AM
I think that might have just been Amaterasu. It seems like his Susanoo holds it now. It might be able to be classified as Enton, but I'm not sure.

It has been clasified as Enton when he fought the original Zetsu.

lolipiece
5th April 2012, 1:55 PM
Has anyone seen the new anime opening?

突撃ロック, Totsugeki Rock. (Rock Assault, or whatever. It's funny because both times the song's title is spoken, Naruto destroys something made of stone. The first is the Hokage monument...for some reason and the second, a boulder.)

7 tyranitars
5th April 2012, 2:44 PM
Has anyone seen the new anime opening?

突撃ロック, Totsugeki Rock. (Rock Assault, or whatever. It's funny because both times the song's title is spoken, Naruto destroys something made of stone. The first is the Hokage monument...for some reason and the second, a boulder.)

I have seen it, don't like the song that much but it's kind of cool how they show Alied shinobi forces.

Lorde
5th April 2012, 6:05 PM

Oh yeah, you're right. I hadn't noticed that before. I honestly thought that Enton would only be used once, but it seems that Sasuke is relying on it more and more. That's cool.

Joltik-Kid
5th April 2012, 6:39 PM
I can bet it will be something that will make Sasuke want to go back to the Leaf. Yeah.
That would be the worst writing in existence...

SharpedoX
5th April 2012, 9:19 PM
Izanami casts a unbreakable genjutsu over the opponent is my guess. Since that would be the opposite of Izanagi. That or Izanami lets you control the opponent in exchange for both your eyes.

With the small hints we've been thrown, that seems plausible.

Still, Danzo could have incorporated that technique. After all, Izanagi and Izanami seem to go hand in hand.

It's nice having some sort of variety and not just Susanoo spam. Hope he brings back that hawk summon and Kirin sooner or later.

Shadow Lucario
5th April 2012, 9:37 PM
It's nice having some sort of variety and not just Susanoo spam. Hope he brings back that hawk summon and Kirin sooner or later.

Well Kirin is a one shot. I think it's a last ditch technique when he's running out of Chakra.

Lorde
5th April 2012, 10:11 PM
That would be the worst writing in existence...

Well yeah, but the quality of the manga has already dropped considerably over the past few years; to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Kishi came up with a BS scenario like that.

Crimsonlink
5th April 2012, 11:33 PM
Well yeah, but the quality of the manga has already dropped considerably over the past few years; to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Kishi came up with a BS scenario like that.

The whole world peace thing was the biggest load of BS I have ever read in Naruto yet. Naruto doesn't have to worry about going on "cool" missions anymore when he becomes Hokage. He just sits back in his Hokage chair and fills out paperwork and take walks around the village. Trying to figure out how he is going to explain to 90% of the ninja in his village that they don't have jobs because the world is at peace lol.

Platinum fan.
6th April 2012, 12:23 AM
The whole world peace thing was the biggest load of BS I have ever read in Naruto yet. Naruto doesn't have to worry about going on "cool" missions anymore when he becomes Hokage. He just sits back in his Hokage chair and fills out paperwork and take walks around the village. Trying to figure out how he is going to explain to 90% of the ninja in his village that they don't have jobs because the world is at peace lol.

That's what I'm saying. If Naruto uses 'World Peace no jutsu' won't all the ninja's like lose their job? Won't that defeat Naruto's purpose of being the top ninja? He'll still be the top ninja but like there's nobody to battle against and show off his awesome Hokage stuff. Feels like a contradiction of sorts.

WinterStarlight
6th April 2012, 12:51 AM
That's what I'm saying. If Naruto uses 'World Peace no jutsu' won't all the ninja's like lose their job? Won't that defeat Naruto's purpose of being the top ninja? He'll still be the top ninja but like there's nobody to battle against and show off his awesome Hokage stuff. Feels like a contradiction of sorts.
I agree, that would be a horrible ending. But the ninjas won't completely lose their jobs. They would be doing D or C rank missions like finding a lost cat or escorting someone to a different location. What a fun life that is -_-

TsukiMirage
6th April 2012, 2:43 AM
Yeah, the whole economical angle is something that's being ignore in the whole bringing peace goal. The same with how without the villages system, all the ninjas would basically be forced back to their pre-village state, various cans fighting among themselves.

Profesco
6th April 2012, 2:59 AM
I like the new ending for the anime. The Sasuke vs. Naruto fight clips are spectacular; goosebump-raising spectacular.

At the end of the day, that's all I really ask of this series: to see Naruto and Sasuke really push animated ninja battling to its absolute peak. Brilliant, brilliant action.

Shneak
6th April 2012, 3:27 AM
If Izanami is used in succession with Izanagi, then would it only be able to be used with Uchiha + Senju DNA? I'm assuming not, since Itachi is using it.

Lorde
6th April 2012, 3:34 AM
If Izanami is used in succession with Izanagi, then would it only be able to be used with Uchiha + Senju DNA? I'm assuming not, since Itachi is using it.

You know, I never understood the need for Senju DNA when utilizing Izanagi; people make it sound as if it's impossible to use Izanagi without that DNA, but the other Uchiha must have used Izanagi without Senju DNA at some point. What exactly are the benefits of the Senju clan's DNA?

Shneak
6th April 2012, 3:48 AM
You know, I never understood the need for Senju DNA when utilizing Izanagi; people make it sound as if it's impossible to use Izanagi without that DNA, but the other Uchiha must have used Izanagi without Senju DNA at some point. What exactly are the benefits of the Senju clan's DNA?

I was wondering that too. It seems totally unnecessary now, and I don't know why Kishi handicapped it.

Platinum fan.
6th April 2012, 5:30 PM
With all this talk about anime openings and endings I'm almost tempted to go out and try and see them. Almost...then I remember how much the anime grates my nerves and stop myself. However I do want to see the Rock Lee spinoff series, even in anime format. It looks cute and funny, so I'll without a doubt give that one a try.

Shadow Lucario
6th April 2012, 5:56 PM

It perfects Izanagi. It makes sense because the Sage of the Six Paths used a technique where Izanagi comes from and he is the ancestor to both Senju and Uchiha, so you need the DNA of both to use a perfect version.

Lorde
6th April 2012, 6:25 PM
With all this talk about anime openings and endings I'm almost tempted to go out and try and see them. Almost...then I remember how much the anime grates my nerves and stop myself. However I do want to see the Rock Lee spinoff series, even in anime format. It looks cute and funny, so I'll without a doubt give that one a try.

There was a time when I was obsessed with the anime's opening themes. But then I just stopped watching the anime because of the fillers, and I couldn't be bothered to keep up with the new openings. The last one that I watched was the one that was used during the Gokage Summit episodes.

It perfects Izanagi. It makes sense because the Sage of the Six Paths used a technique where Izanagi comes from and he is the ancestor to both Senju and Uchiha, so you need the DNA of both to use a perfect version.

Ok. But how exactly does the perfect version of Izanagi differ from the imperfect version?

TsukiMirage
6th April 2012, 7:07 PM
Ok. But how exactly does the perfect version of Izanagi differ from the imperfect version? The amount of time it lasts. Tobi's lasted for 10~ minutes, Danzo's imperfect version lasted for 1~ minute, and Tobi implied that it regularly didn't last even that long for a regular Uchiha and that the Rikudou Sennin could use it as he wished.

Banana Knight Arthur
6th April 2012, 7:34 PM
The amount of time it lasts. Tobi's lasted for 10~ minutes, Danzo's imperfect version lasted for 1~ minute, and Tobi implied that it regularly didn't last even that long for a regular Uchiha and that the Rikudou Sennin could use it as he wished.

And without the loss of sight?

SharpedoX
6th April 2012, 10:29 PM
And without the loss of sight?

With his legendary almost godlike status, it's probably he found a way to evade that debility.

Lorde
6th April 2012, 10:36 PM
The amount of time it lasts. Tobi's lasted for 10~ minutes, Danzo's imperfect version lasted for 1~ minute, and Tobi implied that it regularly didn't last even that long for a regular Uchiha and that the Rikudou Sennin could use it as he wished.

Oh. I thought Tobi's Izanagi lasted longer because unlike Danzo, he was an Uchiha and had both the Sharingan and the Kekkei Genkai. But I guess the DNA would help extend Izanagi's time limit. I was seriously confused about this stuff before you guys clarified it for me. Thanks so much.

DANdotW
6th April 2012, 11:01 PM
I was under the impression that Tobi's Izanagi lasted five minutes and his intangible body technique also lasted five minutes, which was why he was forced to use Izanagi against Konan's 10 minute long explosion (the one she set up to outlast his five minute intangibility).

TsukiMirage
7th April 2012, 12:48 AM
And without the loss of sight? Well technically, the Rikudou Sennin was using a whole different technique, so it obviously didn't have the same weakness.

I was under the impression that Tobi's Izanagi lasted five minutes and his intangible body technique also lasted five minutes, which was why he was forced to use Izanagi against Konan's 10 minute long explosion (the one she set up to outlast his five minute intangibility). Well it was a at least over five minutes because the eye is suppose to close once it's finish and his Sharingan didn't close until a while later. But yeah, it was under ten minutes, I just chose to round up cause I like the sound of ten.

Platinum fan.
7th April 2012, 1:08 AM
There was a time when I was obsessed with the anime's opening themes. But then I just stopped watching the anime because of the fillers, and I couldn't be bothered to keep up with the new openings. The last one that I watched was the one that was used during the Gokage Summit episodes.

Ok. But how exactly does the perfect version of Izanagi differ from the imperfect version?

I haven't even seen that opening. The last one I saw was the Pain invasion opening. I had wanted to watch the Pain invasion arc because I loved it so much....then I saw the terrible animation used for the Pain vs multiple-tailed Naruto.

Shneak
7th April 2012, 3:52 AM
Hmm. I just thought Tobi used his intangible technique to escape Konan's explosions, but he was forced to eventually use Izanagi once the time limit was up. You guys are probably right though.

I haven't even seen that opening. The last one I saw was the Pain invasion opening. I had wanted to watch the Pain invasion arc because I loved it so much....then I saw the terrible animation used for the Pain vs multiple-tailed Naruto.

Diver and Lovers were awesome openings for the music. This new opening has awful music, but the animation looks good. There isn't much for war fights (or grittiness), but perhaps in the next opening. The ending is awesome though, and might be my favourite.

Lorde
7th April 2012, 4:00 AM
Hmm. I just thought Tobi used his intangible technique to escape Konan's explosions, but he was forced to eventually use Izanagi once the time limit was up. You guys are probably right though.

I could've sworn that it happened like that; he used his intangibility at first, but was then forced to use Izanagi when the former technique reached its limit. Then again, it's been a while since I read those chapters (although I've suddenly remembered that I should purchase Volume 54 one of these days).

Shneak
7th April 2012, 4:10 AM
I could've sworn that it happened like that; he used his intangibility at first, but was then forced to use Izanagi when the former technique reached its limit. Then again, it's been a while since I read those chapters (although I've suddenly remembered that I should purchase Volume 54 one of these days).

It was in the anime not too long ago, but even then, I still forget. :p

Banana Knight Arthur
7th April 2012, 4:41 AM

Diver and Lovers were awesome openings for the music. This new opening has awful music, but the animation looks good. There isn't much for war fights (or grittiness), but perhaps in the next opening. The ending is awesome though, and might be my favourite.

The OP/ED that just expired were 2 of my Fave Shippuden music pieces:

By My Side/Hemenway
New Song/tacica.

Nice animation that fit the songs theme/lyrics also.

Crimsonlink
7th April 2012, 4:54 AM
The OP/ED that just expired were 2 of my Fave Shippuden music pieces:

By My Side/Hemenway
New Song/tacica.

Nice animation that fit the songs theme/lyrics also.

You actually like New Song/tacica opening? While parts of it were funny, most of it was just done in poor taste. The song isn't bad of course as thats on personal taste but the opening was horrible IMO.

Considering the arc going on and the dark undertones, I feel that the opening was a bad choice. The op would have fit in with only the filler arc which it did for part of it but then it stayed too long past controlling Kyuubi to the night Naruto was born and Kabuto kidnapping Yamato.

7 tyranitars
7th April 2012, 11:27 AM
To be honest, I expected a more epic opening.

Joltik-Kid
9th April 2012, 5:09 PM
Here I thought the current anime ending would be about the turmoil of team 7 and what happens...they end up putting an out of place Hinata in the mix. Honestly, if it wasn't for Pierrot admitting they're bias towards her (a big number of them are Hinata fans) then I'd probably say this was a pretty bad ending. But oh well, it's not like it contributes anything to the story

Shadow Lucario
9th April 2012, 5:20 PM
It was in the anime not too long ago, but even then, I still forget. :p

It was never really said what he did. We just saw him appear behind Konan and learned he used Izanagi. He could have used his intangibility Jutsu, but I don't know. I only know he used Izanagi to escape death.

TrollsterInc
9th April 2012, 5:52 PM
It was never really said what he did. We just saw him appear behind Konan and learned he used Izanagi. He could have used his intangibility Jutsu, but I don't know. I only know he used Izanagi to escape death.

Well its assumed he used his intangability, which then ran out, then he used Izanagi and lost a Sharingan.

Joltik-Kid
9th April 2012, 5:58 PM
He wasn't exactly worried about losing an eye seeing as he was gonna get the Rinnegan at all costs...so him using Izanagi wasn't out of the question...plus Konan knew his intangibility only lasted for so long

Banana Knight Arthur
9th April 2012, 6:35 PM
He wasn't exactly worried about losing an eye seeing as he was gonna get the Rinnegan at all costs...so him using Izanagi wasn't out of the question...plus Konan knew his intangibility only lasted for so long

Actually Konan knew exactly how long the space'time jutsu lasted, where she went wrong, was not calculating, or being ignorant of the fact he even had the Izanagi jutsu up his sleeve.

She'd have done well to have spied on Danzo's battle w/Sasuke.

Crimsonlink
9th April 2012, 6:51 PM
Here I thought the current anime ending would be about the turmoil of team 7 and what happens...they end up putting an out of place Hinata in the mix. Honestly, if it wasn't for Pierrot admitting they're bias towards her (a big number of them are Hinata fans) then I'd probably say this was a pretty bad ending. But oh well, it's not like it contributes anything to the story

I think its to get more ratings from shipper fans. They do this with Bleach endings and opening for Ichigo, Orihime and Rukia. (mostly Ichigo x Rukia for some reason)

Lorde
9th April 2012, 7:57 PM
She'd have done well to have spied on Danzo's battle w/Sasuke.

Kishi wouldn't have wanted to show a female character beating a male character, unfortunately. And since we're already on the topic of Konan, I honestly thought that Amegakure ninja were going to appear at some point during the war as secret reinforcements. :x

Banana Knight Arthur
9th April 2012, 8:04 PM
Kishi wouldn't have wanted to show a female character beating a male character, unfortunately. And since we're already on the topic of Konan, I honestly thought that Amegakure ninja were going to appear at some point during the war as secret reinforcements. :x

Guess the alliance Konan offered Konohagakure died with her, literally XD

7 tyranitars
9th April 2012, 8:19 PM
Best thing about that new opening was def mifunes epic slash :P.

Cool Boy
9th April 2012, 8:30 PM
Are you talking about the manga or the tv show?

7 tyranitars
9th April 2012, 8:50 PM
Anime, we sometimes discuss that here aswell.

Platinum fan.
9th April 2012, 9:01 PM

I thought that to. I guess that would have been to big a role for a female character, let alone one that wasn't even a member of Konoha. Darn shame to.

TrollsterInc
9th April 2012, 11:00 PM
I thought that to. I guess that would have been to big a role for a female character, let alone one that wasn't even a member of Konoha. Darn shame to.

Indeed. Danzo and Konan would have made interesting choices for the Edo Tensei, if it really came to that; the conflict of Danzo having to fight his beloved village and Konan potentially going up against Naruto would have been interesting. But the biggest fight I wished to see would have been Jiraiya vs Naruto; I know its impossible now, but that would probably have been the best battle in the series, far better than the current Great Madara Roflstomp or even the Kabuto/Itachi/Sasuke affair just now.

Lorde
9th April 2012, 11:36 PM
I'm kind of glad that Danzo wasn't resurrected; I don't think I could handle any more Izanagi hax. But I'm kind of disappointed that Shisui wasn't resurrected; I've always wanted to see him in action. But maybe he would have abused Kotoamatsukami. :x

Joltik-Kid
10th April 2012, 12:21 AM
I think its to get more ratings from shipper fans. They do this with Bleach endings and opening for Ichigo, Orihime and Rukia. (mostly Ichigo x Rukia for some reason)
I get ratings are good and all, but I seriously doubt that everyone watches the show just for the ending...but it's ever worst because credits like this spur shipping wars

Platinum fan.
10th April 2012, 4:49 AM
Indeed. Danzo and Konan would have made interesting choices for the Edo Tensei, if it really came to that; the conflict of Danzo having to fight his beloved village and Konan potentially going up against Naruto would have been interesting. But the biggest fight I wished to see would have been Jiraiya vs Naruto; I know its impossible now, but that would probably have been the best battle in the series, far better than the current Great Madara Roflstomp or even the Kabuto/Itachi/Sasuke affair just now.

Well it's been stated many times now by Naruto's supervisors and even some of his opponents that he has surpassed Jiraiya. He can basically do all of Jiraiya's best moves and more with Kyubi mode. Also since Naruto is said to have better control of Sage Mode due to him not having frog like features and his Rasengan continues to evolve, the gap between Naruto and Jiraiya is just to great now. It would depend on at which stage Naruto would fight him. Plus there's no reason for either to fight each other. I wouldn't call it the best battle in the series, since again they'll just be seeing who can out Sage Mode each other, summon Toads and fire Rasengans at each other.

Shneak
10th April 2012, 8:54 PM
I get ratings are good and all, but I seriously doubt that everyone watches the show just for the ending...but it's ever worst because credits like this spur shipping wars

Meh, it doesn't really confirm anything. It just shows who the two girls are in love with.

Lorde
10th April 2012, 10:24 PM
Well it's been stated many times now by Naruto's supervisors and even some of his opponents that he has surpassed Jiraiya. He can basically do all of Jiraiya's best moves and more with Kyubi mode. Also since Naruto is said to have better control of Sage Mode due to him not having frog like features and his Rasengan continues to evolve, the gap between Naruto and Jiraiya is just to great now. It would depend on at which stage Naruto would fight him. Plus there's no reason for either to fight each other. I wouldn't call it the best battle in the series, since again they'll just be seeing who can out Sage Mode each other, summon Toads and fire Rasengans at each other.

I'm glad Jiraiya wasn't resurrected; I thought his death was iconic, and it would've been ruined if he returned, at least in my opinion. I also didn't want him and Naruto to fight because, like you said, the battle itself would have been too predictable.

TsukiMirage
11th April 2012, 10:55 AM
Complete raw (http://7.imagebam.com/download/yrhno2aMYmOfYxWUzhsOFA/18437/184368429/c8177f3e6709c93db64dc3579f3df8dcd00054d7.jpg).

Doesn't seem like we see Izanami this chapter, but we get a flashback for Kabuto of his childhood. Plus! The secret behind his glasses. Wasn't expecting that was the reason he wore them.

7 tyranitars
11th April 2012, 12:04 PM
Chapter is out. More of Kabuto's past I want to see Izanami though :C.

lolipiece
11th April 2012, 12:14 PM
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7311/1334143436871.png

Blah blah generic backstory.

Blah blah important figure from Kabuto's past that was probably killed, which lead to his becoming evil blah blah.

Can we just get to the goddamn Izanami already?

Charminions
11th April 2012, 3:57 PM
I'm pretty disappointed that we didn't get to see Izanami and I don't really care for Kabuto so.... boo :(.

Shadow Lucario
11th April 2012, 4:13 PM
I'm glad Jiraiya wasn't resurrected; I thought his death was iconic, and it would've been ruined if he returned, at least in my opinion. I also didn't want him and Naruto to fight because, like you said, the battle itself would have been too predictable.

Jiraiya couldn't be resurrected. His body was too far down in the lake to retrieve any DNA. Kabuto said that himself. Anyway, alright chapter. I was hoping for Izanami, but oh well. This is what a good author does. Make you wait.