PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The end is here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109

uber gon
11th April 2012, 5:41 PM
I get the feeling we're going to get Berserk levels of tragedy in the next chapter.

Crimsonlink
11th April 2012, 6:12 PM
The title of the chapter "Nothing" fits what happened perfectly. The flashback was dragged out but then again none of the big manga chapters were good this week IMO.

Well continuing with Kabuto's flashback, maybe something important will be revealed about Konoha.

BTW why the hell was Sasuke's eye bleeding after Amaterasu? When he pwned the Zetsu clones, he was spamming his eye attacks to no end and didn't bleed at all.

Lorde
11th April 2012, 7:04 PM
I didn't like this week's chapter; it felt like Kishi was trying to make us feel sorry for Kabuto, even though he doesn't deserve our sympathy. I didn't think his backstory was interesting, in any case. I was hoping to see Izanami, but all we got was more boring dialogue.

TsukiMirage
11th April 2012, 7:58 PM
Shame we didn't get to see Izanami yet. That aside, Kabuto's new technique was pretty cool, through I once again have to wonder why Kishi keeps having Sasuke saved by Itachi if this battle is suppose to show him on even ground with Naruto. Well I guess Naruto wasn't exactly being a boss at the start of his fight with Tobi. Still is a little strange, though I will say that Sasuke's creating that ring of flames in an instant was awesome. It was great to finally see Kabuto's past and learn why he seems to have kept his glasses despite being such a skilled geneticist. Anyway, can't wait to see what Konoha does to screw up Kabuto's new life. Average chapter with nice flashback.

SharpedoX
11th April 2012, 9:30 PM
Overall a good chapter considering Kabuto is finally treated as the threat, having taken care of Itachi. Nice to actually see Sasuke in action and that ring of black flames. Still no Izanami and considering last chapter's build-up I find this really odd. Was actually expected that

With all these unexpected flashbacks I'm really eager for a Zetsu (I think we really need to find his origins) or a Tobi one (though for the latter we'll probably get one once that bloody mask comes off).

Lorde
11th April 2012, 10:00 PM
With all these unexpected flashbacks I'm really eager for a Zetsu (I think we really need to find his origins) or a Tobi one (though for the latter we'll probably get one once that bloody mask comes off).

Yeah, I'm actually waiting for Zetsu's flashbacks since they should shed some light on his past; he's the second most mysterious Akatsuki member, after all. I'm sure Tobi's flashback will be one of the longest considering he's the main villain. I just hope that his is more interesting than Kabuto's.

Shneak
11th April 2012, 10:03 PM
- Due to all the Corocoro drama, I almost forgot about this chapter. It feels like it's been weeks.
- Kishi drew Sasuke's hair wrong.
- Kabuto's technique rocks. Sorry, Izanami.
- Speech speech speech
- Oh, flashback!
- Ninja nun?
- Ah, so that's where his name came from. That guy saying random speaks for all of us.
- Young Kabuto is so cute.
- Battery-powered clock?
- Awwww. He got his glasses from ninja nun. That's, kind of weird. Cute scene though.
- Oh snap, back to psycho Kabuto.

I liked the chapter because it developed Kabuto's back story, and it actually made me feel sympathy and fondness for him. A good villain is one that instigates emotions.

Crimsonlink
12th April 2012, 1:37 AM
I don't feel anything for Kabuto. Just because he was a nice kid at a young age doesn't make me feel bad for him until the next part of the flashback reveals what went wrong.

Why do most of the villains in Naruto end up meeting their end with talk no jutsu excluding some?

All the way from Zabuza to apparently Kabuto from the current flow of battle.

Platinum fan.
12th April 2012, 2:04 AM
I read the chapter awhile ago, I'm just late on my thoughts. On one hand I'm glad that we are getting a Kabuto backstory. I'm actually more interested in Kabuto's story then this somewhat forced Sasuke/Itachi vs Kabuto fight (I hope something happens that makes Itachi or Sasuke turn on each other to make the battle more interesting. This bromance between them is so meh) but on the other hand the problem I have with Kabuto's backstory is it's not very interesting to me. I'm sorry I'm not interested so far. I mean I have been waiting for a Kabuto backstory since the Chunin exam arc, so I have been waiting for this, but I'm disappointed on how uninteresting it is so far. My thoughts on this weeks chapter? Lackluster.

stevendat
12th April 2012, 4:39 AM
I'm liking that we are finally getting his backstory but I know there's gonna be a part 2 that explains how his life took a turn for the worst at some point.

Lorde
12th April 2012, 7:24 PM
I'm liking that we are finally getting his backstory but I know there's gonna be a part 2 that explains how his life took a turn for the worst at some point.

In my opinion, we should have gotten Kabuto's backstory a long time ago. That's one of the things that I dislike about Kishi; he always waits until the last minute to reveal a character's history.

Joltik-Kid
13th April 2012, 4:38 AM
In my opinion, we should have gotten Kabuto's backstory a long time ago. That's one of the things that I dislike about Kishi; he always waits until the last minute to reveal a character's history.
That's because it normally signifies the person's death...

Banana Knight Arthur
13th April 2012, 6:19 AM

OMG, thanks so much for reminding me!!!

I forgot, the flashback usually is followed by Death.........yay..........as I have long since been tired of all things Kabuto!

Lorde
13th April 2012, 5:02 PM

Not in all manga, but this series seems to insist upon giving us flashbacks at the last minute in an attempt to make the readers feel sorry for certain characters. Well I'm not buying it. I understand that Kabuto had a hard life, but he chose to walk the path of evil, so he has to suffer the consequences.

Joltik-Kid
13th April 2012, 6:20 PM
OMG, thanks so much for reminding me!!!

I forgot, the flashback usually is followed by Death.........yay..........as I have long since been tired of all things Kabuto!
I don't know if Kabuto is gonna die, but the Edo (something) is gonna probably end soon...then Sasuke might kill him

Platinum fan.
13th April 2012, 8:07 PM
Not in all manga, but this series seems to insist upon giving us flashbacks at the last minute in an attempt to make the readers feel sorry for certain characters. Well I'm not buying it. I understand that Kabuto had a hard life, but he chose to walk the path of evil, so he has to suffer the consequences.

Me neither. Kabuto's story doesn't make me feel bad for him at all. After all the crap he's put everyone through. I still like him as a villain (before he became Orochimaru's clone) but I don't feel bad for him in the least. While the flashbacks could mean Kabuto's death or not, I do think this will be his last imporant role in the series whether he dies or not. As of now between Tobi and Sasuke, Kabuto was just the opening act of this war. Him and his lame Edo Tensei's.

Shadow Lucario
13th April 2012, 8:17 PM
I hope Kabuto dies. I wanted the Rasengan from part one to kill him, but he still survived. He never seemed that great in my opinion.

Torpoleon
13th April 2012, 10:52 PM
I hope Kabuto dies. I wanted the Rasengan from part one to kill him, but he still survived. He never seemed that great in my opinion.I never really liked Kabuto either, so 582 pretty much bored me because I never cared for him to begin with. The problem with killing him is that then the Edo Tensei can't be stopped. Hopefully Kishi has something up his sleeve that ends this fight, so we can get back to Naruto, Bee, Tobi and the tailed beasts.

gliscor&yanmega
13th April 2012, 11:24 PM
I hope Kabuto dies. I wanted the Rasengan from part one to kill him, but he still survived. He never seemed that great in my opinion.

I never really cared for him until he started turning into a Snake.

The moment he came in with a Snake coming out his rear is when I started to get interested in him...then he goes and trolls and reveals it's actually coming from his belly button...so that just made me like him more.

Lorde
13th April 2012, 11:28 PM
I too wish Kabuto had died during Part 1; in fact, I wish Orochimaru had absorbed his body instead of Gen'yūmaru's . It would have killed two birds with one stone, so to speak.

TsukiMirage
14th April 2012, 3:46 AM
I hope Kabuto dies. I wanted the Rasengan from part one to kill him, but he still survived. He never seemed that great in my opinion. Kabuto will definitely die soon. between getting a flashback and being up against Sasuke, who won't be allowed to lose at this point, there's not much more for Kabuto to do but die proving Sasuke's strength.

Joltik-Kid
14th April 2012, 4:53 AM
Kabuto will definitely die soon. between getting a flashback and being up against Sasuke, who won't be allowed to lose at this point, there's not much more for Kabuto to do but die proving Sasuke's strength.
Well, it's gonna be Itachi's technique that defeats Kabuto...but once the Edo (again forgetting the name >.<) ends, there's nothing stopping Sasuke from killing the new Dragon

multi-scale
14th April 2012, 6:46 PM
While I like Kabuto, I don't care about his backstory it all. Since he spent a lot of time in part 1 talking about his adoption and such, we can piece together he's had a miserable childhood, but I personally don't really care. Bring on the Izanami, or better yet, have Tobi actually start fighting seriously, or even better, have the 5 kages actually make some progress against Madara.

Lorde
14th April 2012, 7:13 PM
At this point, I'd rather see Izanami. I honestly can't see Tobi fighting seriously until the Edo Tensei is stopped, and the Gokage are too weak to defeat Madara on their own.

Platinum fan.
14th April 2012, 11:36 PM
Kabuto just seems pointless in part 2. At this stage he wasn't a threat to Naruto anymore and standing with Orochimaru and Sasuke he looked like the 'Sakura' of the group when Naruto, Sakura, Sai, and Yamato first encountered them in part 2. They really should have ended him in part 1 but I'm not sure if during his fight with Naruto in the Tsunade arc was the right time to be honest. There was still a little mystery to his character. But in part 2 they had to make him a improved Orochimaru just to keep him relevant. Was it worth it?

Shneak
15th April 2012, 5:08 AM
He's actually pretty important because of the Edo Tensei, but he doesn't seem important because he was so transparent in early Shippuden.

TsukiMirage
15th April 2012, 6:55 AM
He's important due to allowing us to get a bunch of information on past ninjas and showing off the master troller Madara, but it's more like we're being stalled for time considering his actions have yet to have a lasting effect yet.

Platinum fan.
15th April 2012, 3:12 PM
In all honesty they could have made Tobi be the troll to use Edo Tensei. He has Sharingan and Rinnegan, so if he could do Edo Tensei on top of that I certainly wouldn't be surprised at all. I guess the importance issue of Edo Tensei is how you look at it. I personally think Edo Tensei was mostly just a waste of time to give the fans old fan favorite ninjas before the series ends, ignoring how they died and bringing them back to life because they were popular. Instead of just getting a bunch of new warriors to fight in the war. This is just my opinion. Feel free to disagree, I encourage you to if you do, because my opinion is not at all a fact. If you enjoyed the Edo Tensei's that is awesome! At least some fans actually got to enjoy them. I'm just being picky really, despite the fact that I enjoyed seeing Zabuza and Haku again. Now I'm a hypocrite XD
Edit: Also Troll Madara was kinda necessary in some ways too. So that further makes me a hypocrite and almost defeats my rant on Edo Tensei.

Lorde
15th April 2012, 7:15 PM
He's actually pretty important because of the Edo Tensei, but he doesn't seem important because he was so transparent in early Shippuden.

In my opinion, Sasuke should have killed him after he defeated Orochimaru. And I think the Edo Tensei was used terribly during this arc; it was just a way for Tobi to pose a threat without Kishi having to design a bunch of new characters for his army.

SharpedoX
15th April 2012, 7:48 PM
I liked how Kabuto mentioned the Sage of the Six Paths again. Part of me wishes that he was the one that was summoned via Edo Tensei to fight against the Kages other than Madara. At least the fight would seem more fair considering his godlike status amongst all shinobi. We know Madara was an outstanding shonobi but what he has shown so far heavily surpasses what was told in his battle against Hashirama. He has access to the Rinnegan and whatnot but still part of me wants him to appear in more flashbacks.

Wonder why his face has remained a mystery if hasn't shown any signs of ever appearing again in the manga.

Lorde
17th April 2012, 5:53 PM
I liked how Kabuto mentioned the Sage of the Six Paths again.

It was interesting to say the least. I'm starting to wonder how many characters know about the Sage of Six Paths.

Anyway, I hope we get to see Izanami in this week's chapter. If we don't get it, then it'll just be another sign that Kishi is trolling his fandom.

Platinum fan.
17th April 2012, 7:50 PM
I'm guessing all the important characters or the ones they want you to think are important know about the Sage of Six Paths. I so hope the battle will end soon though. I'm really not into Sasuke and Itachi vs Kabuto. I have to force myself to read these chapters between Sasuke and Itachi's sickening bromance to Kabuto's boring backstory, I'm hoping it'll pick up soon. I'm still not crazy about dead guys showing off new moves, because one would think they would have used that move before they died to stay alive, but since this is Uchiha crap I guess I should have expected it. Let's see what this Izanami can do.

Serah
17th April 2012, 8:34 PM
I'm guessing all the important characters or the ones they want you to think are important know about the Sage of Six Paths. I so hope the battle will end soon though. I'm really not into Sasuke and Itachi vs Kabuto. I have to force myself to read these chapters between Sasuke and Itachi's sickening bromance to Kabuto's boring backstory, I'm hoping it'll pick up soon. I'm still not crazy about dead guys showing off new moves, because one would think they would have used that move before they died to stay alive, but since this is Uchiha crap I guess I should have expected it. Let's see what this Izanami can do.

Not an Uchiha fan it seems

Jb
17th April 2012, 8:56 PM
I don't think anyone is.

lolipiece
17th April 2012, 11:19 PM
Oh sure, I post in a Fairy Tail thread and suddenly everyone stops posting for an entire day...

The Uchiha's can go jump off a cliff.

Stupid nonsense eye powers....

JD
18th April 2012, 12:27 AM
I really can care less about Sasuke and Itachi vs Kabutomaru.. I'd rather get back to Naruto vs Tobi that's the only thing that's really holding my interest right now not going to lie.

Lorde
18th April 2012, 12:46 AM
I really can care less about Sasuke and Itachi vs Kabutomaru.. I'd rather get back to Naruto vs Tobi that's the only thing that's really holding my interest right now not going to lie.

I also want to return to that battle, but I have a feeling that Kishi will just drag it out some more. I mean seriously, the way things are going, it seems like we'll never get to see Tobi versus Naruto, and it seems even less likely that Killer Bee will ever be captured.

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh
18th April 2012, 3:06 AM
I don't get how you can not like Kabuto! His manner of speaking and personality quirks make him one of the best Naruto characters of all.

I'm going to be sad to see him die, but he's done the two taboo things: having a flashback and removing his cloak. He's doomed.

Crimsonlink
18th April 2012, 3:28 AM
I don't get how you can not like Kabuto! His manner of speaking and personality quirks make him one of the best Naruto characters of all.

I'm going to be sad to see him die, but he's done the two taboo things: having a flashback and removing his cloak. He's doomed.

I don't like Kabuto. Most people did not care about him since the chunin exams where the hyped Kakashi vs Kabuto never happened and afterwards he was hit with Rasengan by Naruto.

The last time we saw Kabuto was when Sasuke absorbed Orochimaru and he was left in the base. Overall no one knew what Kabuto was up to or why he was still alive when he popped up to give Naruto info on Akatsuki while looking like a mutant snake.

TsukiMirage
18th April 2012, 3:47 AM
I'm guessing all the important characters or the ones they want you to think are important know about the Sage of Six Paths. I so hope the battle will end soon though. I'm really not into Sasuke and Itachi vs Kabuto. I have to force myself to read these chapters between Sasuke and Itachi's sickening bromance to Kabuto's boring backstory, I'm hoping it'll pick up soon. I'm still not crazy about dead guys showing off new moves, because one would think they would have used that move before they died to stay alive, but since this is Uchiha crap I guess I should have expected it. Let's see what this Izanami can do. At least in Itachi's case, the one full battle we saw was where he purposely choose to go easy and allow Sasuke to "kill" him, so it would be expected he'll have more up his sleeves ow that he's fighting seriously.

Jb
18th April 2012, 3:51 AM
Kabuto has been lame since his fight with Naruto. Absorbing the cell of someone even lamer doesn't help.

GaZsTiC
18th April 2012, 3:54 AM
Oh sure, I post in a Fairy Tail thread and suddenly everyone stops posting for an entire day...

The Uchiha's can go jump off a cliff.

Stupid nonsense eye powers....

It's funny because Fairy Tail is terrible whereas Naruto is just plain bad.

Dark Searchman
18th April 2012, 6:25 AM
Oi oi, why you knockin' on Fairy Tail, huh?

I can't help but think this Izanami is somehow not going to work, then Itachi will get sealed, and Sasuke will have to beat Kabuto on his own.

Lorde
18th April 2012, 6:37 AM
I can't help but think this Izanami is somehow not going to work, then Itachi will get sealed, and Sasuke will have to beat Kabuto on his own.

Yeah, that's what I see happening. At any rate, I don't see Itachi sticking around for much longer; he's a great character, but his time is over.

7 tyranitars
18th April 2012, 11:02 AM
Mother was member of Root. She would heal people wounded in war.
Kabuto heals a wounded Orochimaru. Mother and Danzou have a conversation about Kabuto becoming a fine shinobi.
Kabuto decides to go along with Danzou and Orochimaru and become a shinobi.
Several years later, Kabuto makes a mistake and is surrounded by enemies. He fights back with kunai. His opponent is Mother. She gets injured, so Kabuto heals her.
Mother asks why he's healing her. She also asks who Kabuto is(?). Kabuto says he no longer knows who he is.
Orochimaru appears and says Kabuto's become a fine shinobi, and that Orochimaru remembers.

Mother has another name.
She had another name when she meets the grown-up Kabuto.

Seems like danzou is everywhere.

uber gon
18th April 2012, 4:51 PM
Wonder if everything Danzou interacted with turned into a major screw-up in the grand scheme of things?

lolipiece
18th April 2012, 5:16 PM
You know, I joked about this in the past, and several scenes sure made him look dodgy.

But yeah, I am now 100% positive that Orochimaru's a pedophile.

Lorde
18th April 2012, 6:07 PM
Ugh, more stuff about Kabuto's life. I might have actually been interested had it not been for Orochimaru and Danzo's presence; seriously, I'm getting tired of Orochimaru appearing in flashbacks all the time. If he really was such an important character to begin with, then perhaps Kishi shouldn't have killed him/sealed him away/whatever. But, I was surprised to learn that Orochimaru was a member of Root; I knew he and Danzo worked together, but I assumed they did so from separate organizations. Anyway, it was a boring chapter.

Platinum fan.
18th April 2012, 7:00 PM
I actually didn't really read the chapter, I just kinda skimmed it. I'm sorry I just wasn't all that into it. I skimmed the chapter but I'll probably go back and try and focus on the plot. We have Danzo and Orochimaru in flashback form. This just feels to little to late for me and really doesn't fit in with the story. I realize they are building up Kabuto's final moments but ever since Kabuto revealed Snake Mode I just haven't been all that into this fight or it's flashbacks. I want to get back to Naruto vs Tobi already, heck or even the Gokages vs Madara, a fight I wasn't even that interested in. Oh well.

lolipiece
18th April 2012, 7:17 PM
Remember that Izanami thing, guys?

I sure don't.

Crimsonlink
18th April 2012, 7:27 PM
Same old BS Kishi pulled off since the beginning of his manga with Haku and Zabuza in the form of Kabuto and his mother. Lets hope next week is the last flashback or I'm dropping Naruto till Kishi goes back to the Uchiha bros vs Kabuto.

Lorde
18th April 2012, 8:28 PM
You know, I joked about this in the past, and several scenes sure made him look dodgy.

But yeah, I am now 100% positive that Orochimaru's a pedophile.

Lol. I honestly never gave it much thought before, but his interest in little boys is quite disturbing.

Anyway, when are we gonna see Izanami? I'm seriously upset with Kishi; it's like he's purposely trying to piss us off. :@

7 tyranitars
18th April 2012, 8:34 PM
He really likes to anoy us, also isn't golden week soon? Which means no chapter :C

Shneak
18th April 2012, 8:40 PM
- Who is this? Yes, this is Dog.
- Another flashback!
- Ah, this must be the Third War.
- Ohhh, that must be-
- Yep, Orochimaru. This is how it begins.
- Danzo... and Orochimaru?
- Nonou is literally a ninja nun. I was right.
- Danzo is so horrible... and yet, I can appreciate him. Still one of my favourite characters in the series.
- So innocent. He has no idea what's coming.
- LOL at hiding under a sheet in the desert.
- I didn't see that coming.
- :(
- So this must be the beginning of Orochimaru's creepiness. WTF? Who does that?

I know most of you don't like the flashbacks, but I'm enjoying them more than the Uchiha brothers. It may be a little late, but at least we have a logical reason of why Kabuto wants to destroy the Hidden Leaf. He may have killed Nonou, but Danzo took him away from his only life and identity. Quite sad.

uber gon
18th April 2012, 10:10 PM
Are there any memes that acknowledge Danzou as a jerk? I can see some coming soon.

multi-scale
18th April 2012, 10:29 PM
Hi my name is Orochimaru and I've been following you for the last 5 years.
Can we just move on?

TsukiMirage
18th April 2012, 11:16 PM
Well it was interesting to see how Kabuto and Orochimaru first met, and to learn that Orochimaru was apparently apart of Root. That explains how Danzo was able to get him to help with his arm and Izanagi later on. Seeing a younger Danzo and Orochimaru dressed in Root cloak was visually cool and it was great to see them acting like ninjas with their threats against the orphanage. I really can't wait to learn who that third ninja was. He looks similar to Torune, so I could believe that it's his father. Seeing Kabuto progress through the various villages as a spy was awesome. Felt sorry for him at the end, when Nonou didn't recognize him. And Orochimaru emerging from the water was creepy. Very nice chapter despite the plot holes.

WinterStarlight
19th April 2012, 1:13 AM
I felt sorry for Kabuto at the end of this chapter as well. But I was freaked out how Orochimaru stalked Kabuto for the past 5 years. It just made him seem even more creepy.
I'm getting tired of these flashbacks. I know it's just to show Kabuto's past, but it is getting sort of boring. Hopefully, the next chapter will be the end of the flashback. Curse you Kishimoto for being such a troll :P

Banana Knight Arthur
19th April 2012, 1:52 AM
After all this exposing of Kabuto's background and past, Kishimoto owes me a death............soon.............

Lorde
19th April 2012, 2:04 AM
I know most of you don't like the flashbacks, but I'm enjoying them more than the Uchiha brothers. It may be a little late, but at least we have a logical reason of why Kabuto wants to destroy the Hidden Leaf. He may have killed Nonou, but Danzo took him away from his only life and identity. Quite sad.

Funny how all the villains seem to hate Konoha; everyone used to think it was the most righteous village, but it actually seems to be the most troubled, at least in my opinion.

WinterStarlight
19th April 2012, 2:15 AM
Funny how all the villains seem to hate Konoha; everyone used to think it was the most righteous village, but it actually seems to be the most troubled, at least in my opinion.
And notice how their hate usually comes from something Danzo did.

Shneak
19th April 2012, 4:05 AM
I just noticed...

Kabuto may have been brainwashed to join Root by Danzo. Assuming he has Shisui's eye, of course. Kabuto clearly said that he didn't want to be a ninja to Orochimaru, but Orochimaru must have seen something. Danzo was also constantly 'playing' with his bandages, and it looked like he was covering them after the threat. It could explain Kabuto's change of heart, because Nonou and the others were confused. Then Orochimaru watches him for five years and pounces after he leaves Root. The only thing that doesn't add up is that Kabuto continued to follow Orochimaru, even after the influence. I guess he had no escape plan.

Lorde
19th April 2012, 4:10 AM
And notice how their hate usually comes from something Danzo did.

Which is why I'm secretly glad that Danzo's dead; he ruined a lot of peoples' lives.

As for Danzo's use of Kotoamatsukami; if Orochimaru was still in the village, then Shisui must have still been alive. I thought Danzo took Shisui's eye a short time before the Uchiha clan massacre, or am I mistaken?

uber gon
19th April 2012, 5:43 AM
So apparently every villain is the result of something Danzo did. 5 bucks a relative of Danzo caused the whole Uchiha/Senju conflicts in the first place.

TsukiMirage
19th April 2012, 11:06 AM
And notice how their hate usually comes from something Danzo did. They're really are situational, with Danzo only playing a part in what happens.

I just noticed...

Kabuto may have been brainwashed to join Root by Danzo. Assuming he has Shisui's eye, of course. Kabuto clearly said that he didn't want to be a ninja to Orochimaru, but Orochimaru must have seen something. Danzo was also constantly 'playing' with his bandages, and it looked like he was covering them after the threat. It could explain Kabuto's change of heart, because Nonou and the others were confused. Then Orochimaru watches him for five years and pounces after he leaves Root. The only thing that doesn't add up is that Kabuto continued to follow Orochimaru, even after the influence. I guess he had no escape plan. Timeline would be off. Danzo wouldn't have Shisui's eye at this point in time, he doesn't get it for at least seven more years.

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh
19th April 2012, 1:33 PM
Kabuto may have been brainwashed to join Root by Danzo. Assuming he has Shisui's eye, of course. Kabuto clearly said that he didn't want to be a ninja to Orochimaru, but Orochimaru must have seen something. Danzo was also constantly 'playing' with his bandages, and it looked like he was covering them after the threat. It could explain Kabuto's change of heart, because Nonou and the others were confused. Then Orochimaru watches him for five years and pounces after he leaves Root. The only thing that doesn't add up is that Kabuto continued to follow Orochimaru, even after the influence. I guess he had no escape plan.

Danzo was just showing his gouged eye to prove others had made loses for the village.

This timeline is way off. It's completely contradictory to every piece of Kabuto back-story ever mentioned. Kabuto was adopted by the a (male) member of the Konoha Medical Corp and he met Orochimaru when spying for Sasori. These two things have already been established.

So either Kishimoto is pulling another retcon, or what we're seeing isn't a usual flashback, but actually the effects of Izanami, legitimately rewriting Kabuto's destiny. I really hope this to be the case, because, quite frankly, this is BS.

Shneak
19th April 2012, 10:44 PM
I guess my timeline is off.

But like EHWK said, it's not following the original story, unless Kabuto lied or this is on behalf of Izanami.

-Raiga-
19th April 2012, 11:18 PM
I'm not sure why people are getting so riled about a backstory? In my mind its well written, and gives insight into a character that has been built up the entire story through, especially this arc. Sure there are plot holes, but give the writer some time before you rip **** apart.

In addition, why on earth does anybody really want to see the izanami? Visually speaking, the izanagi is one of the most boring attacks you could think of, and I don't see the izanami being any different.

TsukiMirage
19th April 2012, 11:20 PM
Well Kabuto is a spy, so it's not as if lying is out of the question and since Danzo was having him work undercover, he would likely make up a history for Kabuto to keep him on the down low.

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh
20th April 2012, 3:57 AM
Well Kabuto is a spy, so it's not as if lying is out of the question and since Danzo was having him work undercover, he would likely make up a history for Kabuto to keep him on the down low.

Why would Kabuto continue to use that story after leaving the Leaf?

And what about Sasori? That was kind of an important plot point during the Sasuke and Sai arc.

Joltik-Kid
20th April 2012, 4:36 AM
Kabuto was always shrouded in mystery, so I actually enjoy these flashbacks of his earlier ninja career

Lorde
20th April 2012, 4:53 AM
I know we rarely discuss the anime in this thread, but I just noticed that the anime is focusing on episodes about Naruto's and Sasuke's rivalry. I hate fillers by instinct, but these are some of the worst fillers yet since they cover stuff that has been covered before. It's a weak attempt to put distance between the anime and the manga IMO.

Shadow Lucario
20th April 2012, 5:04 AM
I really don't care if Kabuto's history has been changed. I mean it's Kabuto. I couldn't care less about him. He's not what drives the story. And technically he was adopted by a medical ninja.

Crimsonlink
20th April 2012, 7:42 AM
I know we rarely discuss the anime in this thread, but I just noticed that the anime is focusing on episodes about Naruto's and Sasuke's rivalry. I hate fillers by instinct, but these are some of the worst fillers yet since they cover stuff that has been covered before. It's a weak attempt to put distance between the anime and the manga IMO.

I don't understand how Naruto gets away with 2 fillers arcs almost back to back. It was only the jinchurikki and the beginning of the War arc then all of a sudden its fillers. They could have waited until the all the Edo Tensai were summoned.

I'm not watching the anime anyways till the end of the filler arc.

3lmi
20th April 2012, 8:14 AM
Kabuto was always shrouded in mystery, so I actually enjoy these flashbacks of his earlier ninja career

I also really enjoyed these last few chapters for the same reason. Seems like he must have had a emotional unstable past .. but really shows his true intentions .. to find out who he is.

Excited for the next chapter, like always xD

TsukiMirage
20th April 2012, 12:18 PM
Why would Kabuto continue to use that story after leaving the Leaf?

And what about Sasori? That was kind of an important plot point during the Sasuke and Sai arc. Don't know, maybe it was just easier to use or Kabuto didn't want to remember the truth.

If it hasn't happen off screen, it'll likely be shown next chapter. At this point, the timeline is too much of a mess to really make sense of things.

7 tyranitars
20th April 2012, 12:43 PM
These fillers are like 4-5 episodes only so I can bear with it, and I like this more then the on sea adventures filler arc.

Lorde
20th April 2012, 6:27 PM
These fillers are like 4-5 episodes only so I can bear with it, and I like this more then the on sea adventures filler arc.

But at least the previous filler episodes offered new material; these new fillers are just showing us stuff that happened during Part 1. The new fillers are a huge waste of time IMO.

But back to the manga: I'm pretty sure that the flashback will end in the next chapter, but I don't expect to see Izanami until the chapter after next. :(

Dark Searchman
20th April 2012, 8:14 PM

You gotta admit, though, the episode with the Shadow Clones turning on Naruto was hilarious, right? XD

7 tyranitars
20th April 2012, 8:36 PM
But at least the previous filler episodes offered new material; these new fillers are just showing us stuff that happened during Part 1. The new fillers are a huge waste of time IMO.

But back to the manga: I'm pretty sure that the flashback will end in the next chapter, but I don't expect to see Izanami until the chapter after next. :(

Someone else mentioned this, but considering some inconsistencies, this 'flashback' could be the effects of Izanami.

Shneak
20th April 2012, 11:46 PM
The fillers are apparently for the twelfth anniversary of Naruto or something. It's only four episodes, so I won't complain.

I think we'll get one more flashback chapter. Kabuto with Orochimaru, sort of hinting at what Suigetsu found.

Crimsonlink
21st April 2012, 12:27 AM
The fillers are apparently for the twelfth anniversary of Naruto or something. It's only four episodes, so I won't complain.

I think we'll get one more flashback chapter. Kabuto with Orochimaru, sort of hinting at what Suigetsu found.

lol What? Isn't a 15th anniversary more appropriate? Then again, if this is Naruto's last year then it makes sense.

Blaziryu
21st April 2012, 12:56 AM
Kabuto's flashback is somewhat interesting but I wish it wasn't shown during his fight against Sasuke & Itachi. Let's hope it has something to do with Itachi's Izanami.

Aura Of Twilight
21st April 2012, 2:52 AM
The Naruto series has certainly gotten pretty intresting...

Itachi's epic. Naruto's strong as ever. Sasuke is.....an idiot, although I do like him as a character for the most part...

But, there's one thing that bothers me alot: The fact that Sakura hasn't really had a chance to well, prove herself during the war! Think about it.

Lorde
21st April 2012, 2:55 AM
Kabuto's flashback is somewhat interesting but I wish it wasn't shown during his fight against Sasuke & Itachi. Let's hope it has something to do with Itachi's Izanami.

Yeah, it would have made more sense to show us his past right after the fight. Showing it to us now is just cutting into the battle.

But, there's one thing that bothers me alot: The fact that Sakura hasn't really had a chance to well, prove herself during the war! Think about it.

Sakura has always been useless. I blame Kishi and his love for male characters.

Aura Of Twilight
21st April 2012, 3:11 AM
Sakura has always been useless. I blame Kishi and his love for male characters.

I know that. But everytime I see Sakura it reminds me of how annoyed I am at Kishi for being sexist in the first place. XD So many characters with potential have gone to waste. :P

Crimsonlink
21st April 2012, 3:16 AM
I know that. But everytime I see Sakura it reminds me of how annoyed I am at Kishi for being sexist in the first place. XD So many characters with potential have gone to waste. :P

Sakura is a horrible female character anyways. Ino, Tenten, Hinata or even Temari (the only female to actually be consistently strong over the course of the manga) could do better than her.

3lmi
21st April 2012, 5:30 AM

Lots of great female characters with amazing abilities ... but they only get a filler or two then they disappear forever .... till they come back again.

e.g. Karin (thought they have forgotten about her but she came back a few chapters ago which is good .. but she will disappear again, I'm sure of it xD)

TsukiMirage
21st April 2012, 11:33 AM
But, there's one thing that bothers me alot: The fact that Sakura hasn't really had a chance to well, prove herself during the war! Think about it. Well she did take out a Zetsu clone by herself and figured out that they were made from Hashirama's Dna. But like anytime Sakura does something impressive, Kishi soon has her become useless again.

7 tyranitars
21st April 2012, 2:12 PM
Shounen mangas troll on female characters :P.

Lorde
21st April 2012, 4:16 PM
I personally haven't given up on Sakura yet. I'm hoping that she'll be the one who kills Black Zetsu since he's still running around, and because he's honestly the only villain she can defeat at this point. But at least it would count for something. :x

Crimsonlink
21st April 2012, 4:48 PM
I personally haven't given up on Sakura yet. I'm hoping that she'll be the one who kills Black Zetsu since he's still running around, and because he's honestly the only villain she can defeat at this point. But at least it would count for something. :x

Didn't Sasuke kill Black Zetsu with his Amaterasu and Susanoo combo? Or was that White Zetsu?

Joltik-Kid
21st April 2012, 5:33 PM
Didn't Sasuke kill Black Zetsu with his Amaterasu and Susanoo combo? Or was that White Zetsu?
Twas the original White Zetsu my friend...though his clones can somehow still be active

Aura Of Twilight
21st April 2012, 6:57 PM
Shounen mangas troll on female characters :P.

Agreed. I know that different cultures have different ideals about gender rights and such, but would it be so wrong to make a female character independent for once? I'd like to see that.

Also, Sakura is one of my favorite characters of the series because she's at least made an effort to get stronger and not be left behind....Alot of people, girls especially, like that about her.

Nonetheless, I would probaly forgive Kishi if he made Sakura punch Sasuke is the face at the end, if Sasuke lives. :P Just saying.

7 tyranitars
21st April 2012, 9:22 PM
Agreed. I know that different cultures have different ideals about gender rights and such, but would it be so wrong to make a female character independent for once? I'd like to see that.

Also, Sakura is one of my favorite characters of the series because she's at least made an effort to get stronger and not be left behind....Alot of people, girls especially, like that about her.

Nonetheless, I would probaly forgive Kishi if he made Sakura punch Sasuke is the face at the end, if Sasuke lives. :P Just saying.

It would be funny as hell if she would hit him like she hits Naruto :P.

Lorde
21st April 2012, 9:35 PM

It was White Zetsu, but as Joltik-Kid said, those may have been clones. So perhaps we should assume that both White Zetsu and Black Zetsu are still at large. I still hope that Sakura kills at least one of them though. She needs to do something other than heal peoples' wounds.

TsukiMirage
21st April 2012, 9:39 PM
It's a shame too, since Sakura has shown some impressive leadership skills, something both Naruto and Sasuke lack. That could easily have been an area where she could have been allowed to excel without either of them showing her up.

Nonetheless, I would probaly forgive Kishi if he made Sakura punch Sasuke is the face at the end, if Sasuke lives. :P Just saying. Now now, let's not give Kishi an excuse for eliminating Sakura...

It was White Zetsu, but as Joltik-Kid said, those may have been clones. So perhaps we should assume that both White Zetsu and Black Zetsu are still at large. I still hope that Sakura kills at least one of them though. She needs to do something other than heal peoples' wounds. The other White Zetsus claimed that Sasuke killed the original one, and I doubt they would do that if it wasn't true.

Aura Of Twilight
21st April 2012, 10:20 PM
It's a shame too, since Sakura has shown some impressive leadership skills, something both Naruto and Sasuke lack. That could easily have been an area where she could have been allowed to excel without either of them showing her up.

Now now, let's not give Kishi an excuse for eliminating Sakura...

The other White Zetsus claimed that Sasuke killed the original one, and I doubt they would do that if it wasn't true.

You've got a point.

Platinum fan.
21st April 2012, 10:29 PM

I honestly forgot about Black Zetsu. If Sakura kills him so be it. Naruto is coming to a end and to be honest not even that can save Sakura's overall character. I still like her but man her character was not done justice with her unhealthy obsession over Sasuke. It makes it hard to like her at times, even though I still do like her. Why couldn't they have given Sakura a better role of being a female ninja? I always really liked Tenten's overlooked goal of wanting to prove female ninjas can be equal to men. Maybe that's why she gets so little screentime because of that goal. Kishi trying to send a message. A bad one.

Lorde
22nd April 2012, 1:32 AM
I honestly forgot about Black Zetsu. If Sakura kills him so be it. Naruto is coming to a end and to be honest not even that can save Sakura's overall character. I still like her but man her character was not done justice with her unhealthy obsession over Sasuke. It makes it hard to like her at times, even though I still do like her. Why couldn't they have given Sakura a better role of being a female ninja? I always really liked Tenten's overlooked goal of wanting to prove female ninjas can be equal to men. Maybe that's why she gets so little screentime because of that goal. Kishi trying to send a message. A bad one.

And speaking of Tenten, she probably did more than Sakura during this war since she went ahead and destroyed Kakuzu's lightning mask, albeit with help from the Bashōsen.

Shneak
22nd April 2012, 4:08 AM
And speaking of Tenten, she probably did more than Sakura during this war since she went ahead and destroyed Kakuzu's lightning mask, albeit with help from the Bashōsen.

Yes, she did. Off-screen, but implied.

I think the Konoha 11 (Sai instead of Naruto) will still have some spotlight once the battalions arrive to the main battle.

Joltik-Kid
22nd April 2012, 4:50 AM
Kishi likes Sakura though, he once stated she was the most human character he made, where Naruto and Sasuke are ungodly strong, Sakura shows the human capacity...or that's how I look at it. Sure I've noticed there are some Sakura haters here (deal with it, she's never gonna stop being the main heroin :P) but I've grown to like her character, regardless of how shafted she's been treated lately, though anyone who's not Naruto or Sasuke (or Itachi now) has pretty much been given the boot. At least shes been shown growth as a character, can't say that for all of them. I do wish Kishi would treat some of his characters a little better though

PokeMac_2
22nd April 2012, 4:54 AM
I'm a disappointed that the power levels in naruto have literally reached dbz level when it comes to having the 2 main characters being completly OP'd and have other good characters that had potential (sakura, lee, etc. not tenten) get trolled around smh, it happen with bleach and uuyru, chad, orihime and others and now it happen in naruto smh...

Banana Knight Arthur
22nd April 2012, 5:58 AM
Kishi likes Sakura though, he once stated she was the most human character he made, where Naruto and Sasuke are ungodly strong, Sakura shows the human capacity...or that's how I look at it. Sure I've noticed there are some Sakura haters here (deal with it, she's never gonna stop being the main heroin :P) but I've grown to like her character, regardless of how shafted she's been treated lately, though anyone who's not Naruto or Sasuke (or Itachi now) has pretty much been given the boot. At least shes been shown growth as a character, can't say that for all of them. I do wish Kishi would treat some of his characters a little better though

So basically Sakura is doomed to not PWN anyone ever again.

Humanity, well people as a whole, well who am I kidding, Americans as a whole never fulfill their potential, and spend it eating, watching TV, and eating while watching TV.

Joltik-Kid
22nd April 2012, 6:08 AM
So basically Sakura is doomed to not PWN anyone ever again.

Humanity, well people as a whole, well who am I kidding, Americans as a whole never fulfill their potential, and spend it eating, watching TV, and eating while watching TV.
I wouldn't exactly say that, but oh well ^_^

...I do that sometimes...

Banana Knight Arthur
22nd April 2012, 6:11 AM
I wouldn't exactly say that, but oh well ^_^

...I do that sometimes...

Me, too, but I try to get my exercise in XD.

On-topic, the reason Sakura hasn't improved as much as her former teammates may be just that, she does not engage in much training anymore, at least that we know of....

Lorde
22nd April 2012, 6:23 PM
Yes, she did. Off-screen, but implied.

I think the Konoha 11 (Sai instead of Naruto) will still have some spotlight once the battalions arrive to the main battle.

At least it's something, although it does bother me that she lost a lot of chakra after that battle.

I hope that the Konoha 11 get more focus now that the Edo Tensei battles are over, but I'm not holding my breath.

Banana Knight Arthur
22nd April 2012, 7:09 PM
At least it's something, although it does bother me that she lost a lot of chakra after that battle.

I hope that the Konoha 11 get more focus now that the Edo Tensei battles are over, but I'm not holding my breath.

They're over?

When was Kabuto made to release the Edo and subsequently killed? This has not happened yet?

Lorde
22nd April 2012, 7:15 PM
They're over?

When was Kabuto made to release the Edo and subsequently killed? This has not happened yet?

It's over in the sense that the Allied Shinobi Forces ninja have already sealed most of the Edo Tensei ninja themselves. Only a few of them remain at the original locations of the battles, so the Edo Tensei threat is effectively over. We're just waiting for Itachi to stop the technique so that the Gokage and the other spare ninja can go and help Naruto.

Platinum fan.
22nd April 2012, 8:14 PM

I wouldn't say Sakura's problem is being shafted, it's how it's portrayed at times. I'm by no means a genius or brilliant writer but if I wrote Sakura I would have kept her part 1 self pretty much the same only have her goal basically be Tenten's and wanting to show everybody a female ninja can be as good as the men. Have her keep her crush on Sasuke but not be blinded by it, because that is what holds her back. Have her have a few more fights, like actually get involved in the Haku/Zabuza fight at some point, but never have her be on the same level as Naruto or Sasuke. Always keep her the weakest that want's to improve and become strong like Sasuke and Naruto. Keep her dynamic with Naruto as it's entertaining at times and establish she does have a crush on Sasuke but not make it her entire existence. When Sasuke goes rogue at the end of part 1 and is about to leave, have Sakura confess her love same as before but as soon as Sasuke still wants to leave, have her actually challenge Sasuke to a fight, have Sasuke knock her out and at the end Sakura vows to become stronger as Sasuke beat her easily and she had to rely on Naruto like always.

Part 2 have Sakura be a little edgier. In the start of part 2 she was somewhat equal with Naruto for a short time, establish that more. Have Sakura deny any feelings for Sasuke and continue to train and become Konoha's number one Kunoichi as Tsunade's student. When they go on the mission with Yamato to meet Orochimaru and Kabuto on the bridge, have her fight Kabuto and let him acknowledge how she's changed and then when they meet Sasuke again for the first time, make her be the first one to attack Sasuke due to their history. Cut out the fake confession to Naruto and during her meeting with Sasuke after Danzo, have another Sakura vs Sasuke fight and actually have her pin down
Sasuke (due to him being tired from Danzo) and about to kill him and have Naruto stop her telling her she'll regret killing him or something. She soon reveals she still loves Sasuke and by killing him she would be killing her old weak self that always relied on Naruto and Sasuke. Then she'll have to come to terms with what to do next with her relationship between Naruto or Sasuke.

Like I said, I'm no writer or storyteller, but anything for Sakura would be better then what is going on with her right now.

multi-scale
23rd April 2012, 11:20 PM

I didn't really get what was going on at this point, but I'm pretty sure she just sidestepped and Asuma's Dust Storm killed the mask. She did use the fan though.

Banana Knight Arthur
24th April 2012, 12:31 AM
I didn't really get what was going on at this point, but I'm pretty sure she just sidestepped and Asuma's Dust Storm killed the mask. She did use the fan though.

Did she faint or die from using it?

If not then I guess she has decent chakra reserves, no?

gliscor&yanmega
24th April 2012, 12:36 AM
Did she faint or die from using it?

If not then I guess she has decent chakra reserves, no?

She passed out, some random background character told her not to touch the fan anymore.

Banana Knight Arthur
24th April 2012, 12:44 AM
She passed out, some random background character told her not to touch the fan anymore.

So can we say she is fairly strong then?

I though normal people, well normal ninjas, died after using the Rikudo-sennin's tools?

gliscor&yanmega
24th April 2012, 12:48 AM
So can we say she is fairly strong then?

I though normal people, well normal ninjas, died after using the Rikudo-sennin's tools?

Meh, I'd say she just was lucky to be alive.

Joltik-Kid
24th April 2012, 6:00 AM
I wouldn't say Sakura's problem is being shafted, it's how it's portrayed at times. I'm by no means a genius or brilliant writer but if I wrote Sakura I would have kept her part 1 self pretty much the same only have her goal basically be Tenten's and wanting to show everybody a female ninja can be as good as the men. Have her keep her crush on Sasuke but not be blinded by it, because that is what holds her back. Have her have a few more fights, like actually get involved in the Haku/Zabuza fight at some point, but never have her be on the same level as Naruto or Sasuke. Always keep her the weakest that want's to improve and become strong like Sasuke and Naruto. Keep her dynamic with Naruto as it's entertaining at times and establish she does have a crush on Sasuke but not make it her entire existence. When Sasuke goes rogue at the end of part 1 and is about to leave, have Sakura confess her love same as before but as soon as Sasuke still wants to leave, have her actually challenge Sasuke to a fight, have Sasuke knock her out and at the end Sakura vows to become stronger as Sasuke beat her easily and she had to rely on Naruto like always.

Part 2 have Sakura be a little edgier. In the start of part 2 she was somewhat equal with Naruto for a short time, establish that more. Have Sakura deny any feelings for Sasuke and continue to train and become Konoha's number one Kunoichi as Tsunade's student. When they go on the mission with Yamato to meet Orochimaru and Kabuto on the bridge, have her fight Kabuto and let him acknowledge how she's changed and then when they meet Sasuke again for the first time, make her be the first one to attack Sasuke due to their history. Cut out the fake confession to Naruto and during her meeting with Sasuke after Danzo, have another Sakura vs Sasuke fight and actually have her pin down
Sasuke (due to him being tired from Danzo) and about to kill him and have Naruto stop her telling her she'll regret killing him or something. She soon reveals she still loves Sasuke and by killing him she would be killing her old weak self that always relied on Naruto and Sasuke. Then she'll have to come to terms with what to do next with her relationship between Naruto or Sasuke.

Like I said, I'm no writer or storyteller, but anything for Sakura would be better then what is going on with her right now.
Wall of Text XD... I'm just gonna say this, I'd support most of your points and while there probably better then what Kishi is doing at this point...seeing as it's his story, I'm sure he already knows how he's gonna end it and possibly fix what he screwed up (or not)

On a better note, the 6th movie is being written by Kishimoto himself and it's gonna be about Tobi putting Naruto and Sakura under a genjutsu

Crimsonlink
24th April 2012, 6:48 AM
Wall of Text XD... I'm just gonna say this, I'd support most of your points and while there probably better then what Kishi is doing at this point...seeing as it's his story, I'm sure he already knows how he's gonna end it and possibly fix what he screwed up (or not)

On a better note, the 6th movie is being written by Kishimoto himself and it's gonna be about Tobi putting Naruto and Sakura under a genjutsu

Whats the point of putting Sakura in a genjutsu? Isn't she trained to counter genjutsu anyways? Might explain the different costumes for the rookie 9 with the bold Hinata, conservatively dressed Ino and the black Kyuubi. Not to mention Minato and Kushina.

The movie is gonna cause a lot of confusion though, since Tobi is part of it but the arc is going on at the same time. Unless they are timing the series to end right after the movie or something.

Platinum fan.
24th April 2012, 6:53 PM
A movie about Tobi putting Naruto and Sakura in a genjutsu? I hope that's not all what the movies about. It's just that Tobi's master plan is to put the entire world in a unbreakable genjutsu, so I figured if he does succeed the chapters after that will be about Naruto trying to break out of Tobi's genjutsu, kinda like the plot of this movie. Also why place Sakura in one? What does Tobi need her for? Why not kill her and capture Naruto to take the Kyuubi? Maybe there's not enough info on the movie for me to be asking such questions. I guess it doesn't matter since I won't be seeing it anyway but they could have used a better plot then Tobi's main one for the war.

Lorde
24th April 2012, 7:19 PM
It's kind of strange that Tobi's involved in the new movie; his plan hasn't come to fruition in the manga yet, so seeing part of it in the movie will be interesting. To be honest I stopped paying attention to the Naruto movies years ago, but this one may actually be worth seeing (if only for Tobi's role).

Shadow Lucario
24th April 2012, 7:21 PM
Just because Sakura is somewhat good at Genjutsu doesn't mean she'll be able to break it. Tobi uses the Sharingan which has some strong Genjutsu. Kurenai barely broke out of Itachi's and she is a Genjutsu master.

gliscor&yanmega
24th April 2012, 8:22 PM
Not sure if it was posted but...:

http://books.shueisha.co.jp/search/book_image_b/978-4-08-870417-3.jpg

I like it.

Lorde
24th April 2012, 8:24 PM

I like it.

I hadn't noticed before, but the Nanabi looked a whole lot different when it was young. Anyway, this cover is probably the best we've gotten in a long time.

Banana Knight Arthur
24th April 2012, 9:05 PM

I like it.

OMG, inb4 Naruto is the new Rikudo-sennin......

Well he kind of almost is, I guess.....

Shneak
24th April 2012, 10:12 PM

I like it.

The babies again! :3

Honestly, this is the best cover in a long time. It's not too busy.

TsukiMirage
24th April 2012, 10:49 PM
A movie about Tobi putting Naruto and Sakura in a genjutsu? I hope that's not all what the movies about. It's just that Tobi's master plan is to put the entire world in a unbreakable genjutsu, so I figured if he does succeed the chapters after that will be about Naruto trying to break out of Tobi's genjutsu, kinda like the plot of this movie. Also why place Sakura in one? What does Tobi need her for? Why not kill her and capture Naruto to take the Kyuubi? Maybe there's not enough info on the movie for me to be asking such questions. I guess it doesn't matter since I won't be seeing it anyway but they could have used a better plot then Tobi's main one for the war. Current theory about the movie is that it's an alt. universe retelling, given how different the characters seem and his parents being alive.

I like it. Beautiful cover. I love seeing the adorable Chibi-Bijuus again.

7 tyranitars
24th April 2012, 10:55 PM
Amazing cover, the Rokubi looks a bit weird though.

Shneak
24th April 2012, 11:01 PM
Current theory about the movie is that it's an alt. universe retelling, given how different the characters seem and his parents being alive.

I've never seen a Naruto movie, but this actually sounds interesting.

Joltik-Kid
24th April 2012, 11:38 PM
A movie about Tobi putting Naruto and Sakura in a genjutsu? I hope that's not all what the movies about. It's just that Tobi's master plan is to put the entire world in a unbreakable genjutsu, so I figured if he does succeed the chapters after that will be about Naruto trying to break out of Tobi's genjutsu, kinda like the plot of this movie. Also why place Sakura in one? What does Tobi need her for? Why not kill her and capture Naruto to take the Kyuubi? Maybe there's not enough info on the movie for me to be asking such questions. I guess it doesn't matter since I won't be seeing it anyway but they could have used a better plot then Tobi's main one for the war.
Not sure exactly what the whole story is gonna be about, but they're in the same genjutsu to my understanding... Here's the latest trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCjz9QY6Nmc&feature=player_embedded

Also it's golden week this week, so no new Shonen Jump chapters.

7 tyranitars
25th April 2012, 10:45 AM
Not sure exactly what the whole story is gonna be about, but they're in the same genjutsu to my understanding... Here's the latest trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCjz9QY6Nmc&feature=player_embedded

Also it's golden week this week, so no new Shonen Jump chapters.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *dies*

lolipiece
25th April 2012, 11:01 AM
That cover looks lazy as hell.

Did he just take the page from Kurama's flashback, color it, and add Nine-tailed Naruto on it?

For shame, Kishimoto.

It does look nice, though.

Platinum fan.
25th April 2012, 2:39 PM
Volume 60's cover is...alright. I haven't been a fan of these volume covers past 56. There are some good ones but overall...they aren't bad but not as good as the 40 volume covers.

Lorde
25th April 2012, 6:20 PM
I'm disappointed that there's no Jump this week, but maybe the break is what Kishi needs to come back with a strong chapter.

Crimsonlink
25th April 2012, 9:20 PM
I'm disappointed that there's no Jump this week, but maybe the break is what Kishi needs to come back with a strong chapter.

Depends on how he comes back though. If its going to be all flashback then I will be disappointed. But if its half flashback and half finishing the fight then it should be good.

TsukiMirage
25th April 2012, 9:49 PM
I'm disappointed that there's no Jump this week, but maybe the break is what Kishi needs to come back with a strong chapter. From what I've seen, it'll be the chapter after the next that's usually strong.

Shneak
25th April 2012, 10:06 PM
I've been waiting for the chapter all day and realized golden week is this week, not next. Suck it, Japan!

Banana Knight Arthur
26th April 2012, 12:17 AM
I've been waiting for the chapter all day and realized golden week is this week, not next. Suck it, Japan!

Now, now, maybe next week's chapter will be excellent and compensate for the wait.

Remember, Golden Week only happens once a year, but it is something manga fans must endure.....

Joltik-Kid
26th April 2012, 3:39 AM
Now, now, maybe next week's chapter will be excellent and compensate for the wait.

Remember, Golden Week only happens once a year, but it is something manga fans must endure.....
Wow, so glad no one read my post about it being Golden Week :P

Banana Knight Arthur
26th April 2012, 6:19 AM
All of May's episodes, aside from next weeks, seems to hail from Volume 55.

262 "War Begins!" /// Chapter 515-516
"Kaisen!" (開戦!)

263 "Sai and Shin" /// Chapters 517-518
"Sai to Shin" (サイとシン)

264 "The Secret of Reanimation" /// Chapter 519-520-521
"Edo Tensei no Himitsu" (穢土転生の秘密)

265 "Reunion With an Old Enemy" /// Chapter 522-523-some of 524 maybe (has to be, due to Seven Mist Swordsmen etc.
"Shukuteki to no Saikai" (宿敵との再会)

If they keep up this pace, 1-manga-Volume per month, hopefully we can pass the entire war sans-filler or anymore anniversary crap etc.

Don't know if they intend to continue the manga into any further serious arcs after the war is "over", but for now the animation of the current war is looking great and uninterrupted.

Crimsonlink
26th April 2012, 7:53 AM

"Kaisen!" (開戦!)

"Sai to Shin" (サイとシン)

265 "Reunion With an Old Enemy" /// Chapter 522-523-some of 524 maybe (has to be, due to Seven Mist Swordsmen etc.

If they keep up this pace, 1-manga-Volume per month, hopefully we can pass the entire war sans-filler or anymore anniversary crap etc.

Don't know if they intend to continue the manga into any further serious arcs after the war is "over", but for now the animation of the current war is looking great and uninterrupted.

Well a volume comes out roughly every 3 months after 10 chapters are set for the volume. So if the 1 manga volume per month continues. The anime will be on volume 58 by the time volume 61 comes out. Then another 3 months and its volume 61 in the anime to volume 62 in the manga.

There will probably be about 3-5 more fillers depending on how long Kishi drags out the war. If he decides to continue Naruto then the anime will HAVE to go hiatus like Bleach's anime.

BTW what current war are you talking about? Since right now its all about Sasuke fillers for the anime, and I wouldn't call the animation great either.

7 tyranitars
26th April 2012, 9:55 AM

"Kaisen!" (開戦!)

"Sai to Shin" (サイとシン)

"For My Friend"
"Tomo no Tame ni" (友のために)

May 3, 2012

what about this one ^ Gaara's speech?

EDIT: It will be Gaara's speech.

Lorde
26th April 2012, 6:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that the anime will end soon since the manga itself seems to be reaching its conclusion. I think Kishi's dragging things out with all these flashback chapters, but he'll have to end the series eventually; if I remember correctly, he said he had planned out the ending a few years ago.

Shneak
26th April 2012, 9:52 PM
Wow, so glad no one read my post about it being Golden Week :P

No, I did, but I mis-read it as next week.

DANdotW
26th April 2012, 10:08 PM
The anime still has the entire war to get through, which will be a lot more fleshed out for TV. We'll see a lot of fights we've skipped or missed parts of when it's animated. I can guarantee we'll get a filler arc at some point, so I can see the anime lasting at least another year. At least.

Shneak
26th April 2012, 10:13 PM
It's not like the manga is ending immediately. There's still a lot left to happen. At least a year until it's over.

Shadow Lucario
26th April 2012, 10:25 PM
I'm betting there is at least one more arc after the war. If this was the last arc then I'm sure it would have been big news just like when Kubo said Bleach was in its last arc. And I doubt the Naruto anime would HAVE to go into a hiatus. It's still highly popular in and out of Japan. Cancelling it would cause riots.

7 tyranitars
26th April 2012, 10:41 PM
I'm betting there is at least one more arc after the war. If this was the last arc then I'm sure it would have been big news just like when Kubo said Bleach was in its last arc. And I doubt the Naruto anime would HAVE to go into a hiatus. It's still highly popular in and out of Japan. Cancelling it would cause riots.

Inb4 angry mob at kishis house.

Crimsonlink
26th April 2012, 11:27 PM

While people would complain like they did with Bleach's anime, they would still have to put the Naruto anime on hiatus or reboot it from the beginning episodes of Shippuden. You can't work with material not in volume format after all and there is only so much filler the audience will tolerate.

Also not all manga get announcements about when they will end until the author decides to do so or they are forced to cancel the manga. Look at Bakuman, it ended at chapter 176 when there was no big announcement.

Just because Oda, Kishi, Kubo or any jump author announces the end of their manga doesn't mean the manga will end within a short period of time.

Inb4 angry mob at kishis house.

You mean the animation team's studio since they decide if the anime is put on hold or not.

Shadow Lucario
26th April 2012, 11:33 PM
The anime doesn't have to continue nonstop until they reach that point. And Naruto already has a load of fillers that a lot of people can't tolerate. Look at the end of the first series. I highly doubt the anime will be put on hiatus. Like Iota said they'll lengthen things and flesh out certain fights that weren't shown in the manga. They did it with Dragon Ball Z so I don't see why they can't do it with Naruto.

Platinum fan.
27th April 2012, 2:51 AM
You guys talking about Naruto fillers? I'm almost afraid to ask how many fillers there are in the series. I'm sure saying "quite a few" is a understatement. I just remembered the endless fillers of Naruto leading up to part 2 for the time skip was near endless. I didn't think they would ever get to part 2. But now it sounds like part 2 has a filler arc between every main plot arc. Is that how it goes?

Banana Knight Arthur
27th April 2012, 4:10 AM
You guys talking about Naruto fillers? I'm almost afraid to ask how many fillers there are in the series. I'm sure saying "quite a few" is a understatement. I just remembered the endless fillers of Naruto leading up to part 2 for the time skip was near endless. I didn't think they would ever get to part 2. But now it sounds like part 2 has a filler arc between every main plot arc. Is that how it goes?

Pretty much so, but without them fillers, we'd have long since caught up to the manga canon.

Joltik-Kid
27th April 2012, 6:28 AM
Pretty much so, but without them fillers, we'd have long since caught up to the manga canon.
But wouldn't that be a good thing?

7 tyranitars
27th April 2012, 8:32 AM
While people would complain like they did with Bleach's anime, they would still have to put the Naruto anime on hiatus or reboot it from the beginning episodes of Shippuden. You can't work with material not in volume format after all and there is only so much filler the audience will tolerate.

Also not all manga get announcements about when they will end until the author decides to do so or they are forced to cancel the manga. Look at Bakuman, it ended at chapter 176 when there was no big announcement.

Just because Oda, Kishi, Kubo or any jump author announces the end of their manga doesn't mean the manga will end within a short period of time.

You mean the animation team's studio since they decide if the anime is put on hold or not.

I mean when Naruto ends :p

Platinum fan.
27th April 2012, 2:19 PM
But wouldn't that be a good thing?

Not necessarily. The anime depends on the manga. The main plots of the anime all come from the manga. If the anime gets perfectly caught up with the manga and lets say the manga is on break, like this week then the anime is put on hold because of it and would move at a snails pace. Fillers can be annoying but they are important.

Lorde
27th April 2012, 5:43 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that the Naruto anime should have been put on hiatus like Bleach? It's catching up to the manga, and even though we have fillers in between all the arcs, it still seems redundant to continue down that path. The fillers are never any good anyway, so it would be better to put the anime out of its misery.

Joltik-Kid
27th April 2012, 6:07 PM
Not necessarily. The anime depends on the manga. The main plots of the anime all come from the manga. If the anime gets perfectly caught up with the manga and lets say the manga is on break, like this week then the anime is put on hold because of it and would move at a snails pace. Fillers can be annoying but they are important.
Not important plot wise or canon wise, but I see why fillers exist. I just said what I did because most fillers are hated in every anime.

TsukiMirage
27th April 2012, 6:35 PM
Source: 2ch.net
Credits: Ohana
Verification: Confirmed
話は
カブトとおろち丸の話。
Orochimaru and Kabuto are talking.
マザーがカブトを狙っていたのは、カブトはあれこれ知りすぎていたから
ダンゾウに命を狙われた
Danzou is the one who targeted Kabuto's life, because of knowing too much about everything. (basically he was just overqualified)
マザーが、なぜカブトとわからなかったかと言うと。
マザーは、カブトの成長写真を根からもらっていたんだけど
そのカブトは、全然顔が違っていて
生カブトを見てもカブトと認識できなかった。
Then Kabuto is told, why Mother didn't recognize him, and that was because she was given a target picture(from Root) in which Kabuto looked more mature so the faces differed. So that's why she didn't know. Still more flashback, but looks as if we're at the end of it.

Platinum fan.
27th April 2012, 6:47 PM
Not important plot wise or canon wise, but I see why fillers exist. I just said what I did because most fillers are hated in every anime.

Fillers are important time wise, and that can be just as important as plot and canon wise. Without the pacing the anime would barely get a episode in if they were all caught up with the manga, and they wouldn't be able to add extra stuff because they don't know what is important and what isn't for a reason and stuff. Not that it matters to me. I don't watch the anime or it's crappy fillers anyway.

As far as the spoilers go, I wonder if/when they'll bring in the whole Sasori spy thing in Kabuto's story. I always thought that is how Orochimaru and Kabuto first met. Granted I didn't really read the last chapter, I just kinda skimmed it due to my lack of interest in it so for all I know Sasori could have been mentioned last chapter and I just didn't know it.

Lorde
27th April 2012, 7:41 PM
Source: 2ch.net
Credits: Ohana
Verification: Confirmed
話は
カブトとおろち丸の話。
Orochimaru and Kabuto are talking.
マザーがカブトを狙っていたのは、カブトはあれこれ知りすぎていたから
ダンゾウに命を狙われた
Danzou is the one who targeted Kabuto's life, because of knowing too much about everything. (basically he was just overqualified)
マザーが、なぜカブトとわからなかったかと言うと。
マザーは、カブトの成長写真を根からもらっていたんだけど
そのカブトは、全然顔が違っていて
生カブトを見てもカブトと認識できなかった。
Then Kabuto is told, why Mother didn't recognize him, and that was because she was given a target picture(from Root) in which Kabuto looked more mature so the faces differed. So that's why she didn't know. Still more flashback, but looks as if we're at the end of it.

More flashback. So basically nothing happens. I thought Kishi would come back strong, but it seems I was mistaken yet again. *Prays that Izanami is finally used in the next chapter*

Shneak
27th April 2012, 10:40 PM
More flashback. So basically nothing happens. I thought Kishi would come back strong, but it seems I was mistaken yet again. *Prays that Izanami is finally used in the next chapter*

Told you guys there would be one more chapter with Orochimaru. Wish there was more in it though.

Banana Knight Arthur
28th April 2012, 4:08 PM
Hmmm.....so they brainwashed 'Mother" into thinking Kabuto was a different person.

Danzo found them dangerous as they knew too much and planned for them to kill each other......

Hopefully this Kabuto-gaiden backstory ends soon with his Death in real=time.

Kabuto's flashback is shaping up to the the longest of all the antagonist characters that actually got one, if any.

Guilty
28th April 2012, 5:29 PM
Seeing Orochimaru in flashback made me realize how much I missed him. Wish his cells implanted in Kabuto can help him make a triumphant return.

Joltik-Kid
28th April 2012, 5:54 PM
Fillers are important time wise, and that can be just as important as plot and canon wise. Without the pacing the anime would barely get a episode in if they were all caught up with the manga, and they wouldn't be able to add extra stuff because they don't know what is important and what isn't for a reason and stuff. Not that it matters to me. I don't watch the anime or it's crappy fillers anyway.

As far as the spoilers go, I wonder if/when they'll bring in the whole Sasori spy thing in Kabuto's story. I always thought that is how Orochimaru and Kabuto first met. Granted I didn't really read the last chapter, I just kinda skimmed it due to my lack of interest in it so for all I know Sasori could have been mentioned last chapter and I just didn't know it.
I've kind of given up on the anime for a while, but my reason is because I have the Naruto Ninja Storm series that pretty much tells me the same story, but summaries it up ^_^

As far as we already know, Kabuto was a good liar, so he might of just made up the whole "Sasori spy" thing before he met Orchimaru. Anythings possible with this guy

Kabuto's flashback is shaping up to the the longest of all the antagonist characters that actually got one, if any.
*cough* Kisame *cough* *cough* Pain *cough*

Banana Knight Arthur
28th April 2012, 5:58 PM
I've kind of given up on the anime for a while, but my reason is because I have the Naruto Ninja Storm series that pretty much tells me the same story, but summaries it up ^_^

As far as we already know, Kabuto was a good liar, so he might of just made up the whole "Sasori spy" thing before he met Orchimaru. Anythings possible with this guy

How many chapters were theirs?

Joltik-Kid
28th April 2012, 6:05 PM
How many chapters were theirs?
... Pain had like 2 or 3 (IIRC), Kisame had like 1 maybe 2. Anyway, I was just answering that there were other antagonist that got flashbacks, because you said if any...

Lorde
28th April 2012, 6:09 PM
Sigh. I don't think the flashback chapters are over yet. It was certainly interesting to learn more about how Orochimaru and Kabuto met, but this is just a way for Kishi to make us feel sorry for Kabuto. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to work. Kabuto may have had a bad life, but that doesn't mean I'll suddenly overlook his evil deeds. I wish Kishi had saved the sob story for after the battle.

Banana Knight Arthur
28th April 2012, 6:25 PM
Sigh. I don't think the flashback chapters are over yet.

That's why I felt that, and said that they didn't seem close to ending.

Why give Kabuto such a fleshy background? Is he not going to die perhaps?

What does it all mean?

Joltik-Kid
28th April 2012, 6:29 PM
That's why I felt that, and said that they didn't seem close to ending.

Why give Kabuto such a fleshy background? Is he not going to die perhaps?

What does it all mean?
I don't know, I kind of like learning Kabuto's back story. This dude was shrouded in mystery for the longest time

Platinum fan.
28th April 2012, 9:12 PM

IMO if the entire Sasori spy thing was made up I think that's BS. They include Danzo in Kabuto's backstory but not Sasori who was mentioned to have been the one who gave Kabuto to Orochimaru. I mean how many backstories are going to be tweaked? This is minor but it just feels like Kishi's saying "Oh Sasori's a secondary villain and not a main one like Orochimaru and Kabuto so I won't include him in the backstory and just add Danzo." Even though Danzo would fit in this kind of story. Still it's just me being picky.

Banana Knight Arthur
28th April 2012, 9:21 PM
I don't know, I kind of like learning Kabuto's back story. This dude was shrouded in mystery for the longest time

Kabuto was never a favorite of mine.

I first was exposed to him in the episode where he casts his Nirvana-feather-Sleep jutsu, I think.

Never really liked him.

Actually got into the manga because of the anime.

7 tyranitars
28th April 2012, 10:37 PM
Interesting chapter. Was kind of cool learning more about Kabuto.

lolipiece
29th April 2012, 12:36 AM
Oh my god, just fricking shut up, stop wasting my time, and get to the goddamn Izanami already!

Or is this going to be another Kakashi rampage moment. Where you buildup something awesome and then NEVER SHOW IT!?

Lorde
29th April 2012, 1:02 AM
IMO if the entire Sasori spy thing was made up I think that's BS. They include Danzo in Kabuto's backstory but not Sasori who was mentioned to have been the one who gave Kabuto to Orochimaru. I mean how many backstories are going to be tweaked? This is minor but it just feels like Kishi's saying "Oh Sasori's a secondary villain and not a main one like Orochimaru and Kabuto so I won't include him in the backstory and just add Danzo." Even though Danzo would fit in this kind of story. Still it's just me being picky.

I'm not too pleased with the inconsistencies, but at least we got to see some interesting scenes like Kabuto absorbing Orochimaru's DNA. It honestly looked a lot creepier than I imagined, but it was still the highlight of the chapter for me.

Crimsonlink
29th April 2012, 1:08 AM
LMAO Kishi just plotholed himself.

Kabuto was put back in the village when Danzo was in the village as well. Unless Orochimaru made a deal with Danzo. Anyways another boring flashback involving a villain that should have disappeared from the manga after Itachi sealed him away for eternity.

The logic sucked too, the mother not recognizing Kabuto because of brainwashing, I mean wtf? What ever happened to the power of love and bonds Kishi?

He shouldn't have wasted pages/panels showing us the old sound ninjas, no one gives a **** about the sound 5 or team taka anymore.

Overall another bad chapter imo.

I'm not too pleased with the inconsistencies, but at least we got to see some interesting scenes like Kabuto absorbing Orochimaru's DNA. It honestly looked a lot creepier than I imagined, but it was still the highlight of the chapter for me.

Oro has some toxic blood if taking some means he can overtake your body. It wasn't creepy imo, its not like Kabuto had to swallow his body or something. It was just transfering blood to himself.

Shneak
29th April 2012, 1:26 AM
- I was just coming here to ask when this would be out. Twist!
- Pedo, but at least he was stalking a woman too.
- Danzo is still evil, even in death... in the past.
- Ninja Photoshop.
- No, don't! He probably likes it!
- Woo! No plothole!
- Class of Orochimaru: 2012
- So that's how he absorbed Orochimaru. Creepy.

Kind of a boring chapter. It's nice to get some questions answered though. It looks like we may get more too.

Banana Knight Arthur
29th April 2012, 3:19 AM
Oh my god, just fricking shut up, stop wasting my time, and get to the goddamn Izanami already!

Or is this going to be another Kakashi rampage moment. Where you buildup something awesome and then NEVER SHOW IT!?

Let's just pretend Izanami is a one-hit.K.O. super Genjutsu, and that's why were seeing Kabuto's mini-gaiden.

Like Kakashi's gaiden, only much duller.

lolipiece
29th April 2012, 3:40 AM
It's Naruto. Expecting some one-hit, uber-powerful technique produced by the almighty Sharingan wouldn't be too surprising.

Shneak
29th April 2012, 4:18 AM
Let's just pretend Izanami is a one-hit.K.O. super Genjutsu, and that's why were seeing Kabuto's mini-gaiden.

Let's not.

TsukiMirage
29th April 2012, 4:47 AM
Timeline makes a little more, but still not much, sense. Actually can't buy that Danzo wanted to dispose of them both. Seems more like he was pulling the same test that he had Sai and Shin completed, with one Root member killing the other to prove their worth. I'm betting Orochimaru just set them all up with his own manipulations. Anyway, seeing Kabuto go nuts striking Orochimaru was great. At least it was nice seeing the various cameos, and from the ending, it seems like this is the last of the flashback. Alright chapter.

Lorde
29th April 2012, 4:54 AM
Oro has some toxic blood if taking some means he can overtake your body. It wasn't creepy imo, its not like Kabuto had to swallow his body or something. It was just transfering blood to himself.

The blood of a [literal] monster. I can't believe Kabuto would be so desperate as to take someone else's blood just to become stronger. Was it really worth it in the end if he turned out to be just as much of a monster as Orochimaru (or maybe even more of a monster since he has transformed into a "dragon")?

gliscor&yanmega
29th April 2012, 2:42 PM
I enjoyed the chapter. I like getting back story on characters, especially the villains. I'm hoping for some more back story from Kabuto.

Platinum fan.
29th April 2012, 4:10 PM
After reading the chapter I'm glad they acknowledged the Sasori thing I was complaining about. I still wonder if Root knew Kabuto was with Orochimaru and if they knew he was at the Chunin exams why not deal with him there if he had past ties with them? Maybe it was explained and I just missed it. Other then that, Kabuto's backstory has been....long overdue I'll just say that.

-Raiga-
29th April 2012, 9:43 PM
Glad to see at least some people enjoyed the chapter.

I'd much rather have an interesting character then an overhyped move that'll be over and done in 4 pages.

It'd be one thing if it was written badly, but it addresses almost all of kabuto's mysteries and provides more info on him. Something that probably is very difficult to do with a character who has shown up randomly over the course of a 600 chapter manga.

uber gon
29th April 2012, 10:42 PM
Why do I get the feeling Kabuto will show his snake monster form immediately after this flashback?

Lorde
29th April 2012, 11:52 PM
I enjoyed the chapter. I like getting back story on characters, especially the villains. I'm hoping for some more back story from Kabuto.

I don't particularly mind getting more information about characters, but the fact that the battle was interrupted to give it to us is strange. It almost seems as if Kabuto has realized his mistakes, and will turn "good" and undo the Edo Tensei himself, which would rob us of the opportunity to see Izanami. I often wonder if Kishi's purposely trolling his fans, or if he's seriously struggling to manage his manga. If it's the latter, he should probably ask for assistance or something.

Joltik-Kid
30th April 2012, 12:40 AM
It was a pretty good chapter...hopefully will get the story moving again though, but I doubt that somewhat

Izanagi
30th April 2012, 7:03 AM
I thought the chapter was pretty decent nothing to write home about though. After reading these chapter though I really can't sympathize with Kabuto. I mean do you really have inject some monster's blood just to prove that you are someone only to become more of monster. Honestly, I just want to know want to see the why Itachi has to say to his little brother.

Platinum fan.
30th April 2012, 7:34 PM
I don't particularly mind getting more information about characters, but the fact that the battle was interrupted to give it to us is strange. It almost seems as if Kabuto has realized his mistakes, and will turn "good" and undo the Edo Tensei himself, which would rob us of the opportunity to see Izanami. I often wonder if Kishi's purposely trolling his fans, or if he's seriously struggling to manage his manga. If it's the latter, he should probably ask for assistance or something.

It's not the first time this has been done. Naruto vs Sasuke in the End Valley had a backstory interruption. The fight barely began and Sasuke kicks Naruto into the water. As Sasuke wait's for Naruto to get back out of the water to continue the fight, we get the Uchiha backstory. Probably one of the most important backstories of the series if not the most important one. Granted this story would be retold to a fuller extent in part 2 by Tobi, we still got this backstory during the Naruto/Sasuke fight. I remember scratching my head at this, because to me it would have made more sense to have this backstory right before or even after the fight rather then tell it while Sasuke and Naruto are in the middle of battle.

This is the second time this has happened. Interestingly enough Sasuke's involved again. He must be tired of all his big fights getting backstory interruptions XD

7 tyranitars
30th April 2012, 11:04 PM
It's not the first time this has been done. Naruto vs Sasuke in the End Valley had a backstory interruption. The fight barely began and Sasuke kicks Naruto into the water. As Sasuke wait's for Naruto to get back out of the water to continue the fight, we get the Uchiha backstory. Probably one of the most important backstories of the series if not the most important one. Granted this story would be retold to a fuller extent in part 2 by Tobi, we still got this backstory during the Naruto/Sasuke fight. I remember scratching my head at this, because to me it would have made more sense to have this backstory right before or even after the fight rather then tell it while Sasuke and Naruto are in the middle of battle.

This is the second time this has happened. Interestingly enough Sasuke's involved again. He must be tired of all his big fights getting backstory interruptions XD

Imagine Sasuke complaining about another flashback interupting him :P.

Shneak
1st May 2012, 2:14 AM
When's the next one? Do we have to wait until next week?

miles0624
1st May 2012, 6:55 AM
When's the next one? Do we have to wait until next week?

Yes. We weren't supposed to see this one, so we are going to have to wait a week.

Izanagi
1st May 2012, 7:08 AM
We weren't suppose to see this chapter yet so the next chapter will probably be here in another week maybe sooner but even that's being optimistic. I am only mildly interested in Kabuto's back story and I want Kishi to move on with the story.

Crimsonlink
1st May 2012, 7:18 AM
We weren't suppose to see this chapter yet so the next chapter will probably be here in another week maybe sooner but even that's being optimistic. I am only mildly interested in Kabuto's back story and I want Kishi to move on with the story.

Out of the characters Kishi has given a flashback background on, I feel its safe to say that Kabuto's was the weakest one so far. So I do hope that next chapter continues the fight or I'm dropping Naruto chapters until we get back into the action.

TsukiMirage
1st May 2012, 10:39 AM

This is the second time this has happened. Interestingly enough Sasuke's involved again. He must be tired of all his big fights getting backstory interruptions XD Actually, it has happen quite a bit, even during this war. We had one with Gaara and his father, Hanzou and Mifune, Ee's flashback of Kirabi and Minato, and the one with Haku and Zabuza.

Platinum fan.
1st May 2012, 2:28 PM
Actually, it has happen quite a bit, even during this war. We had one with Gaara and his father, Hanzou and Mifune, Ee's flashback of Kirabi and Minato, and the one with Haku and Zabuza.

Your right. Haku's backstory with Zabuza however happened after She was defeated by Naruto, not during their fight. I realize Kakashi and Zabuza were still fighting at the time but since Naruto and Sasuke's fight with Haku was the main attraction, the backstory was told after Haku was defeated. I guess I didn't remember Gaara, his dad, Hanzou, and Mifune's stuff was because their backstories were more interesting then the fights themselves. As far as Ee's flashback during a fight goes, if that was the Raikage vs Naruto fight, it really wasn't that much of a fight more like Naruto trying to get passed him and then Killer Bee stepping up to support Naruto. It was a fight in a sense but nowhere near the level of importance of Itachi and Sasuke vs Kabuto or Sasuke vs Naruto when they had backstory interruptions during the middle of their fights at the worst times, despite the fact that both these backstories were very important to the plot. But I missed those ones, and I'm a huge fan of Haku and Zabuza's story too.

Lorde
1st May 2012, 7:22 PM
Out of the characters Kishi has given a flashback background on, I feel its safe to say that Kabuto's was the weakest one so far. So I do hope that next chapter continues the fight or I'm dropping Naruto chapters until we get back into the action.

I think it feels like the weakest one because Kabuto is so notorious. Kishi is trying to make him out to be a misunderstood soul, but we cannot forget that he's a criminal; he's probably worse than Sasuke in that regard.

Izanagi
1st May 2012, 11:34 PM
I think it feels like the weakest one because Kabuto is so notorious. Kishi is trying to make him out to be a misunderstood soul, but we cannot forget that he's a criminal; he's probably worse than Sasuke in that regard.

I know I just can't feel for Kabuto after all he has done. Kishi tried to do something similar with Nagato/Pain but I didn't feel for him either. That why I just want him to just get on with it.

Joltik-Kid
2nd May 2012, 6:28 AM
I know I just can't feel for Kabuto after all he has done. Kishi tried to do something similar with Nagato/Pain but I didn't feel for him either. That why I just want him to just get on with it.
What has Kabuto exactly done that you can't forgive him, most of what we say was Orchimaru's doing...that's like saying Sasuke is so easily forgivable despite actually being shown killing people (if you think he's only killed bad guys, that's not true, because he killed some of those Samurai back at the 5 Kage summit)

Guilty
2nd May 2012, 3:36 PM
For me I think I find it dull because once again Kishi is going for the tragic past/sympathy trip like with so many other characters. I Really liked Gaara's one, Nagato's not so much.

gliscor&yanmega
2nd May 2012, 3:52 PM
For me I think I find it dull because once again Kishi is going for the tragic past/sympathy trip like with so many other characters. I Really liked Gaara's one, Nagato's not so much.

The thing with that is Kishi doesn't want his villains to just be "evil", he wants to expand on their past and have it realistic. As it is, most criminals have some kind of bad past that messed them up. '

Personally, I don't care for a villain who's just "evil" just because, I want villains to have a bad past, or just be insane(Which would be caused from some past incident).

Lorde
2nd May 2012, 7:05 PM

I loved Gaara's flashbacks, but I wasn't a fan of Nagato's. The ending of the Pain Invasion arc was just terrible in my opinion. All that build up and Naruto resolved everything with Talk no Jutsu. And it seems we're paying the price for getting an early chapter. Sigh.

Izanagi
2nd May 2012, 10:41 PM
What has Kabuto exactly done that you can't forgive him, most of what we say was Orchimaru's doing...that's like saying Sasuke is so easily forgivable despite actually being shown killing people (if you think he's only killed bad guys, that's not true, because he killed some of those Samurai back at the 5 Kage summit)

I don't really forgive Sasuke even though I never thought he that great to began with but Kabuto is a criminal and you can't just ignore that. I know he being used by Orochimaru but doesn't excuse what he has done. Also the end of the Pain Invasion arc I think it wrapped up to nicely. I believe their should have been more to it.

Shadow Lucario
2nd May 2012, 11:50 PM
I don't really care for Kabuto, but it's interesting to see why he is the way he is. Next week I suspect the fight will continue since we're all caught up on Kabuto's story unless there's more that happened after the Chunin exams or after the Sannin fight.

Dark Searchman
3rd May 2012, 6:18 AM
No, it looks like they'll be getting back to the fight because they showed Kabuto injecting himself with Orochimaru's DNA at the end.

brendan25
3rd May 2012, 6:22 AM
i wonder what happened to Naruto and others

7 tyranitars
3rd May 2012, 4:27 PM
And now the Fourth shinobi world war arc has started in the Anime aswell :p, isn't it kind of rare in Naruto that the Anime and the Manga are in the same arc?

Banana Knight Arthur
3rd May 2012, 5:32 PM
And now the Fourth shinobi world war arc has started in the Anime aswell :p, isn't it kind of rare in Naruto that the Anime and the Manga are in the same arc?

It's 2012, the World might End, hence the airing of the Ninja War in both manga and anime, is just one event heralding the fall.

Lorde
3rd May 2012, 7:40 PM

It's rare, but I'm not surprised. The manga will probably end soon, so the anime staff were probably told to go ahead and start the war arc. We'll probably get one more filler arc before the end of the series, though.

7 tyranitars
3rd May 2012, 8:41 PM
It's rare, but I'm not surprised. The manga will probably end soon, so the anime staff were probably told to go ahead and start the war arc. We'll probably get one more filler arc before the end of the series, though.

I think the Anime is going to do 1-1.5 chapter an episode from now on. So we won;t need another filler arc.

Shneak
3rd May 2012, 10:31 PM

It's rare, but this arc is the longest arc of the series, I think. It can be stretched out easily.

Lorde
3rd May 2012, 10:57 PM
I think the Anime is going to do 1-1.5 chapter an episode from now on. So we won;t need another filler arc.

Is that even possible, though? Naruto chapters are infamous for beating around the bush (the Kabuto flashback chapters reinforce this). So I question the decision.

arceus03
3rd May 2012, 11:05 PM
Is that even possible, though? Naruto chapters are infamous for beating around the bush (the Kabuto flashback chapters reinforce this). So I question the decision.

I think it is. Naruto animators... well, at least they know better how to make one page material into 5 minute stuff on the anime. And they had tons of filler characters to randomly pop in wherever necessary, something the Bleach animators, sadly, lack. Though I guess Naruto's pacing is better suited for the anime to elongate it..

Crimsonlink
4th May 2012, 12:25 AM
I think it is. Naruto animators... well, at least they know better how to make one page material into 5 minute stuff on the anime. And they had tons of filler characters to randomly pop in wherever necessary, something the Bleach animators, sadly, lack. Though I guess Naruto's pacing is better suited for the anime to elongate it..

If more filler suits your tastes then yeah that would be true. One of the manga to anime ratio that 1:1 is One Piece and it suffers for it sometimes. Aka Whitebeard's War arc.

The problem with anime to manga is the chapter to episode ratio. 10 chapters in a volume every 2 1/2 month or 3 months vs 4 episodes in one month. Thats what happened to Beelzebub and Bleach. Also the case with Naruto but they used tons of filler to buffer it.

7 tyranitars
4th May 2012, 11:36 AM

I think for most chapters it is posible, because kishi sort of rushed most of his chapters, and there are certain things that can be added.

Lorde
8th May 2012, 7:00 PM
I'm kind of glad that I don't follow the anime anymore. The animation has improved, but I can't stand the filler scenes. I'm praying for the people who are producing the anime; they're going to need all the help they can get to finish this series without having to resort to more filler arcs.

Shadow Lucario
8th May 2012, 9:08 PM
They'll find a way. They always have. And a lot of people still watch the anime. I don't know why, but they do. Chapter tomorrow and I hope we finally see Izanami.

7 tyranitars
8th May 2012, 11:34 PM
I'm kind of glad that I don't follow the anime anymore. The animation has improved, but I can't stand the filler scenes. I'm praying for the people who are producing the anime; they're going to need all the help they can get to finish this series without having to resort to more filler arcs.

Fillers are done now :p, the fourth shinobi world war arc has begun, there probably won't be another filler arc.

TsukiMirage
9th May 2012, 10:21 AM
http://www.cantilux.net/files7/1648595047.jpghttp://www.cantilux.net/files7/1350827112.jpghttp://www.cantilux.net/files7/1461888159.jpg Not exactly back to the action, but at least not still in the flashback.

7 tyranitars
9th May 2012, 11:28 AM
Oo lovely that Orochimaru thing is back.

Edit: Chapter is out.

MidnightMelody
9th May 2012, 4:37 PM
I ennjoy the filler tbh/. I mean i enjoy the actual episodes too but yeah.....As long as fillers are done in a certain way there not the worst thing.

Crimsonlink
9th May 2012, 4:47 PM
The chapter was rather short this week for Naruto. A good action chapter and I liked seeing the old techniques. Even though I think that the Sound 5 + Orochimaru coming out of Kabuto's stomach is disgusting.

lol At Sasuke not being able to use Tsukiyomi even though he has a EMS. Guess Kishi wants to make sure Sasuke wouldn't win right away against Naruto.

Joltik-Kid
9th May 2012, 5:00 PM
The chapter was rather short this week for Naruto. A good action chapter and I liked seeing the old techniques. Even though I think that the Sound 5 + Orochimaru coming out of Kabuto's stomach is disgusting.

lol At Sasuke not being able to use Tsukiyomi even though he has a EMS. Guess Kishi wants to make sure Sasuke wouldn't win right away against Naruto.
I believe Danzo already stated Sasuke sucks at genjutsu unlike his brother...but it's not like Tsukiyomi fits Sasuke's style anyway

Banana Knight Arthur
9th May 2012, 5:01 PM

Pretty sure he used it on Danzo, so he's able, it's just his version is inferior.

Joltik-Kid
9th May 2012, 5:04 PM
Pretty sure he used it on Danzo, so he's able, it's just his version is inferior.
Which is why he become a much better user of the Amaterasu then Itachi ever was

lolipiece
9th May 2012, 5:41 PM
I swear to god, if Itachi is really defeated before he gets to use Izanami, I'm going to rage.

You better not screw this up, Kishimoto!

Lorde
9th May 2012, 5:50 PM
I wasn't pleased with the fact that the Sound Four were brought back; they sucked when they were alive, and they weren't any better now. I was surprised to see Kimimaro, though. Wasn't he somewhere else with Chiyo? Anyway, I thought it was an interesting chapter, although the end made me angry; we'll never see Izanami at this rate.

TsukiMirage
9th May 2012, 8:40 PM
Glad that we have gotten back to the fighting, but more then that I'm glad the Sound Five weren't forgotten. I did enjoy them in the past and it's nice to see that eve against such high level opponents, their abilities would still be useful, especially Tayuya. Seem like Kabuto grabbed every useful ability he could get his hands on, which makes me think he has Mokuton somewhere in there. Also interesting to see that despite being paralyzed by the sound genjutsu, the brothers were capable of moving their heads and using their MS. The ending was a surprise, though it seems like Itachi probably already set off Izanami before he was cut in half. Pretty good chapter.

uber gon
9th May 2012, 9:46 PM
Naked Tayuya fused to half-naked snake Kabuto. Someone in Japan must be getting their jollies to that.

Shneak
9th May 2012, 9:46 PM
- Not a flashback chapter!
- Wrong, Itachi. Uchiha means imminent eye hax.
- o_o
- He's summoning the Sound Four from inside his body? Whaaaaat.
- Where's Tayuya, b!tch?
- This is terrifying.
- God, what is this technique anyway?
- Itachi should have accidentally killed Sasuke with Tsukyomi. He's just in the way anyway.
- I had to literally analyze what what happening here. Kabuto was in Orochimaru's mouth but didn't get crushed by Susanoo. That's risky.
- Hell yeah, chakra scalpel!

I love how Itachi is getting cockblocked whenever he wants to show off Izanami. Anyway, I liked this chapter a lot. It had a lot of action and some cool use of techniques (brothers attacking each other with genjutsu....) I'm also glad that the Sound Five only appeared briefly instead of being one-shotted.

I actually want to see Kabuto destroy Itachi. He would be a huge threat, but Sasuke would almost definitely kill him.

Lorde
9th May 2012, 10:47 PM
I actually want to see Kabuto destroy Itachi. He would be a huge threat, but Sasuke would almost definitely kill him.

If Itachi dies now, who will stop the Edo Tensei? I'm almost positive that Sasuke would decide to kill Kabuto without a second thought, so the Edo Tensei would go on forever.

Locormus
10th May 2012, 3:23 AM
The nostalgia factor is high in this one, oh god, the sound four + Kimimaro..

Or you want something like One Piece's pace, which is abysmal in the animé, sometimes not even covering a chapter in 22 minutes...

They'll find a way. They always have. And a lot of people still watch the anime. I don't know why, but they do. Chapter tomorrow and I hope we finally see Izanami.

The same could be said about Bleach, yet it's getting cancelled.

I swear to god, if Itachi is really defeated before he gets to use Izanami, I'm going to rage.

You better not screw this up, Kishimoto!

I doubt Itachi would flaunt his jutsu like that if he didn't have something up the sleeve.

-Raiga-
10th May 2012, 4:15 AM
I really don't get whats so special about Izanami that people really want to see it. It'll just be a technique, like any other one, big whoop.

Personally this has been the best handled part of the manga since the war started.(barring the edo madara reveal chapter), so I don't mind "delaying" the technique if at all possible.

lolipiece
10th May 2012, 4:27 AM
I really don't get whats so special about Izanami that people really want to see it. It'll just be a technique, like any other one, big whoop.

Personally this has been the best handled part of the manga since the war started.(barring the edo madara reveal chapter), so I don't mind "delaying" the technique if at all possible.

Because when something gets hyped up, I damn well expect to see it.

This better not be another Kakashi's rampage moment.

Banana Knight Arthur
10th May 2012, 5:25 AM

Agreed, Sasuke has been holding back.

Itachi was the one reminding him to refrain from going for the kill.

Even if Itachi falls, Sasuke won't, as he's the de-facto 2nd Lead Character, even if it means eternally living Edo Ninja, via killing Kabuto.

Orochimaru is the roach that won't die, he effectively evaded eternal genjutsu prison, albeit not by his own merit, rather because Kabuto mercifully absorbed his entrails and remains.

Lorde
10th May 2012, 5:34 AM

I want to see Izanami because it's most likely going to be the method in which the Edo Tensei will be stopped. I really just want this battle to be over so we can get back to the good stuff; Tobi's fight with Killer Bee and Naruto was halted just to give us this battle instead, so the conclusion better be worth it.

TsukiMirage
10th May 2012, 11:07 AM
- Wrong, Itachi. Uchiha means imminent eye hax. Technically it doesn't. The odds of gaining the Sharingan were said to be quite low.

I actually want to see Kabuto destroy Itachi. He would be a huge threat, but Sasuke would almost definitely kill him. Kabuto wouldn't have to destroy Itachi, since even if Itachi wins, he should disappear with the cancellation of Edo Tensei and that should very well set Sasuke off.

Platinum fan.
10th May 2012, 9:56 PM
Ugh, I'm late on my thoughts on the latest Naruto chapter. I'm really glad Sakon, Tayuya, Jirobo, and Kidomaru were not Edo Tenseied into this lame war arc. These four were actually a few of my fave villains in part 1 so I'm glad they dodged the Edo Tensei bullet and were not brought back for no reason at all unlike Kimimaro, who's return was 100% pointless. However Kishi did not forget about them and they returned in some form or another in the latest chapter as part of Kabutomaru I guess. This really wasn't needed and they could have just have Kabutomaru use their powers and then mention them but whatever. I wasn't crazy about this chapter. I only really liked seeing Itachi and Sasuke use Genjutsu on each other to break out of Kabutayuya's music illusion thingie. That was pretty cool I must admit. Other then that I wasn't all that interested.

Shadow Lucario
10th May 2012, 10:37 PM
Technically it doesn't. The odds of gaining the Sharingan were said to be quite low.

I don't think it was low since nearly everyone in the clan had it.

Shneak
10th May 2012, 11:03 PM
Kabuto wouldn't have to destroy Itachi, since even if Itachi wins, he should disappear with the cancellation of Edo Tensei and that should very well set Sasuke off.

I mean destroy as in 'sealing him' with his special kunai. But yes, either way, Sasuke will be angry that he never got his answers.

Lorde
10th May 2012, 11:07 PM
Ugh, I'm late on my thoughts on the latest Naruto chapter. I'm really glad Sakon, Tayuya, Jirobo, and Kidomaru were not Edo Tenseied into this lame war arc. These four were actually a few of my fave villains in part 1 so I'm glad they dodged the Edo Tensei bullet and were not brought back for no reason at all unlike Kimimaro, who's return was 100% pointless. However Kishi did not forget about them and they returned in some form or another in the latest chapter as part of Kabutomaru I guess. This really wasn't needed and they could have just have Kabutomaru use their powers and then mention them but whatever. I wasn't crazy about this chapter. I only really liked seeing Itachi and Sasuke use Genjutsu on each other to break out of Kabutayuya's music illusion thingie. That was pretty cool I must admit. Other then that I wasn't all that interested.

I thought Sakon and the others were revived via Edo Tensei, which is why they were attached to Kabuto. How else would they have returned?

Banana Knight Arthur
10th May 2012, 11:12 PM

Kabuto is a joke to me at this point.

He has absorbed the DNA of everyone and their mama at this point, and pulls out everyone's abilities at the most convenient times anymore.

Ready for him to kick the can, whining about how he wished to have it all(jutsu/DNA/whatever) just like his master/daddy Orochimaru.

gliscor&yanmega
10th May 2012, 11:17 PM
I thought Sakon and the others were revived via Edo Tensei, which is why they were attached to Kabuto. How else would they have returned?

Through some other form of experiment. After all, Orochimaru can't be Edo Tensei considering he's not dead, just trapped in Genjutsu.

Platinum fan.
11th May 2012, 1:28 AM

I assumed that was their DNA of some sort. They didn't have the dead Edo Tensei zombie look in their eyes or personalities. And they constantly changed from one to another. I didn't think Edo Tensei's did all that or could even be revived inside another persons body so I naturally assumed it was just their DNA cloned into him just like Orochimaru, who was also a part of Kabutomaru. If they did get Edo Tenseied into Kabuto at least their appearances were brief and they didn't talk.

-Raiga-
11th May 2012, 2:29 AM
I assumed that was their DNA of some sort. They didn't have the dead Edo Tensei zombie look in their eyes or personalities. And they constantly changed from one to another. I didn't think Edo Tensei's did all that or could even be revived inside another persons body so I naturally assumed it was just their DNA cloned into him just like Orochimaru, who was also a part of Kabutomaru. If they did get Edo Tenseied into Kabuto at least their appearances were brief and they didn't talk.

I agree, I don't think those were Edo Tensei resurrections. It seems to me Kishimoto designed the whole eye color thing exactly for a situation like this, so people can seperate them.

uber gon
11th May 2012, 3:50 AM
Is it too much to hope Izanami produces a construct similar to this (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090126215906/megamitensei/images/b/bf/P4-izanami-no-okami.jpg)? It has to be a jutsu that has to involve the deceased, right?

Banana Knight Arthur
11th May 2012, 4:14 AM
Is it too much to hope Izanami produces a construct similar to this (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090126215906/megamitensei/images/b/bf/P4-izanami-no-okami.jpg)? It has to be a jutsu that has to involve the deceased, right?

Haha Persona-4 for the win?

I just feel like it'll be a genjutsu as well.

Lorde
11th May 2012, 4:29 AM

Well Kabuto had one of those mind-control kunai things when he initiated the jutsu, so I was under the impression that the Sound Four were brought back via Edo Tensei and Kabuto used the kunai to control them.

Joltik-Kid
11th May 2012, 4:52 AM
Kabuto is a joke to me at this point.

He has absorbed the DNA of everyone and their mama at this point, and pulls out everyone's abilities at the most convenient times anymore.

Ready for him to kick the can, whining about how he wished to have it all(jutsu/DNA/whatever) just like his master/daddy Orochimaru.
Kabuto's still cool to me, but it's obvious that Kishi had to make him over powered...look who he's fighting for pete sakes XD

TsukiMirage
11th May 2012, 4:59 AM
I don't think it was low since nearly everyone in the clan had it. We only saw a portion of the clan. According to the databook, only a handful of them would manage to gain it.

Banana Knight Arthur
11th May 2012, 6:51 AM
Kabuto's still cool to me, but it's obvious that Kishi had to make him over powered...look who he's fighting for pete sakes XD

But Sasuke is limited to Uchiha asspulls, that is until he gets his Rin'negan.

Kabuto has, like a 5 elements and "secret" jutsu, genkai-jutsu, just seems like he can pull anything xD

gliscor&yanmega
11th May 2012, 2:24 PM
Well Kabuto had one of those mind-control kunai things when he initiated the jutsu, so I was under the impression that the Sound Four were brought back via Edo Tensei and Kabuto used the kunai to control them.

I believe that was for Itachi, he expressed his intent on rewriting the thing in Itachi or something so he'd have him as his Edo again.