PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The end is here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109

Lorde
11th May 2012, 6:03 PM
I believe that was for Itachi, he expressed his intent on rewriting the thing in Itachi or something so he'd have him as his Edo again.

Hmm, then I guess he won't be needing that kunai if Itachi is "dead" now. Personally I think Itachi's Izanami was successful and Kabuto is already under its influence, but we'll see.

uber gon
11th May 2012, 6:43 PM
Haha Persona-4 for the win?

I just feel like it'll be a genjutsu as well.

It's probably some hax off switch for zombies. Hopefully it'll at least look cool.

SharpedoX
12th May 2012, 2:01 PM
It was nice seeing the Sound Five again. Thought Kishi had forgotten about them. It was a very interesting chapter, to say the least.

Nice seeing Kabuto actually posing as threat and cutting Itachi in half. This battle will still last more chapters than one might presume.

7 tyranitars
12th May 2012, 2:29 PM
It was nice seeing the Sound Five again. Thought Kishi had forgotten about them. It was a very interesting chapter, to say the least.

Nice seeing Kabuto actually posing as threat and cutting Itachi in half. This battle will still last more chapters than one might presume.

It is one of the 3 big fights going on at the moment. :p

SharpedoX
12th May 2012, 7:13 PM
It is one of the 3 big fights going on at the moment. :p

I know, but still... xD He could have showed us Izanami a bit earlier and that would probably put an end to everything. I think it's nice the way he's showcasing this fight to compensate for some flaws this arc has had.

Lorde
12th May 2012, 7:23 PM

I'm actually disappointed with the way Kabuto has been treated recently. He was bragging about how he had surpassed Orochimaru by becoming a dragon, yet he used other ninja's techniques in the last chapter. How does that show that he has evolved? I thought he was gonna use Sage jutsu like a real dragon. :x

Banana Knight Arthur
12th May 2012, 10:38 PM
I'm actually disappointed with the way Kabuto has been treated recently. He was bragging about how he had surpassed Orochimaru by becoming a dragon, yet he used other ninja's techniques in the last chapter. How does that show that he has evolved? I thought he was gonna use Sage jutsu like a real dragon. :x

Exactly.

IF his Dragon/snake-sage training was so fabulous, why does he need to rely on all his stolen DNA jutsu?

Platinum fan.
12th May 2012, 11:30 PM
I wonder if Kabuto has to change bodies like Orochimaru did to keep his immortality? Not that I see Kabuto sticking around that long to get that answer but you never know. I still want this fight to be quick. I'm ready to get back to Madara and Tobi. Even though Kabuto is a serious opponent and character for the series this feels like a filler fight before we get to the main Tobi battle. And I still think all those Edo Tensei's were a waste. Yes I'm still ranting about the Edo Tensei's XD

xXdArKvOidXx
13th May 2012, 12:18 AM
They need to go back to the other battles.

-Raiga-
13th May 2012, 12:52 AM
They need to go back to the other battles.

No he doesn't. The vast majority of this arc people were complaining about skipping between battles, and now we've finally got a battle to be focused on.

I personally have no problem with three great fights in one arc.

Crimsonlink
13th May 2012, 8:33 AM
No he doesn't. The vast majority of this arc people were complaining about skipping between battles, and now we've finally got a battle to be focused on.

I personally have no problem with three great fights in one arc.

What fights? The way I see it, its been nothing more than 1 sided battles for each side. Edo-Madara owning the GoKages. Naruto destroying the Jinchurikki. Kabuto using hax to stay alive against the hax brothers and actually winning so far.

Except for Naruto's, the fights have been very poor.

TsukiMirage
13th May 2012, 11:48 AM
They need to go back to the other battles. Can't really. Naruto vs Tobi will be the final battle of the war, and Madara vs the Gokages completely depends on the outcome of this battle.

-Raiga-
13th May 2012, 7:07 PM
What fights? The way I see it, its been nothing more than 1 sided battles for each side. Edo-Madara owning the GoKages. Naruto destroying the Jinchurikki. Kabuto using hax to stay alive against the hax brothers and actually winning so far.

Except for Naruto's, the fights have been very poor.

The simple fact most of these people have survived their supposed one sided fights for this many chapters goes against that.

And I really fail to see itachi/sasuke vs. Kabuto as a one sided fight. Especially when sasuke hints at the fact he could demolish kabuto any second if it wasn't for the edo tensei, just about every other page.

Lorde
13th May 2012, 7:16 PM
In my opinion, and I've probably said this before, most of the fights in this arc have been terrible. Almost all of them ended with some type of deus ex machina, and the only battle that was satisfying was Naruto's and Killer Bee's battle against the deceased jinchuriki. This current battle started out fine, but then it spiraled out of control when we got Kabuto's flashbacks; the momentum was lost.

Shadow Lucario
13th May 2012, 7:39 PM
I really don't see why people think the fights are one sided. The only fight I see as one sided is Madara vs the Kages because it's freaking Madara. Other than that they've been pretty even. If you don't like them then stop reading and stop complaining.

Platinum fan.
14th May 2012, 1:37 AM
Hmm, I didn't know people were talking about fights being one sided. I guess that's because I've found most of the battles in this entire war arc either boring, forgettable, or downright pointless a few good ones on the side. Even Madara vs the Kages does not interest me much, though it should. Still I would take it over Sasuke and Itachi vs Kabutomaru. It just feels like Sasuke and Itachi fanservice for girls to squeal over them fighting side by side together. Next thing you know they'll take their shirts off together. Oh and they threw in Kabuto's backstory with it.

JSteele
14th May 2012, 5:38 AM
Kabutos backstory has to be the most uninteresting thing that ever happened in Naruto.

Also, the battle itself seems to me like one more step in making Sasuke one of the most ridiculous characters ever. Hes got the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, he should be uber-extra-awesomely strong, but he still needs Itachi (aka. The most powerful, smart, wise, cool, caring, amazing shinobi in the history of the universe) to save his butt. At a time like this, they should try giving him some dignity, they cant STILL keep him overshadowed by Itachi.

What is pretty interesting (except if Kishimoto doesnt address it again) is the scroll that Suigetsu found.

Madara will have the Kages cornered, until the Oh-So-Awesome Uchihas make Kabuto stop the Edo Tensei. However, there should still be some way that Tsunade will die, in order for Naruto to become Hokage.

In the Naruto VS Tobi fight, i think that right after Kabuto and Edo-Madara are dealt with and we jump to that fight, the mask will finally come off and the greatest mystery ever will be solved. After that, the big question is what Sasuke will do: I guess that there should be the long awaited Naruto VS Sasuke fight, but, still, it would make no sense for Duckbutt to remain evil after he finally has the discussion with his brother. It wouldnt make much sense plot-wise if, after the discussion and Itachis inevitable second death, Sasuke remained emo and angry.

So, there are two options: Either Sasuke remains evil and is beaten BAD by Naruto, or he has a change of heart and goes to fight against Tobi. If the latter option happens, he will have to die, so that Naruto becomes Uber-Furious and beats the crap out of Tobi. The gayest option would be Sasuke becoming a great guy and helping Naruto against Tobi, and they kill him together. I think Sasuke has a shadow of death and MUST die. The third option is that Sasuke gets his butt kicked by Naruto, realises he must changes his ways, and THEN they both fight Tobi. This however wouldnt be very realistic, as i dont think Tobi would just stand there and watch as they fight.

And some ending predictions: Kakashi and/or Guy dies, Tsunade somehow dies (or she lives and lets Naruto become hokage, like Sarutobi did with Minato), Oonoki dies, and A probably dies, in order for B to become Raikage. When it comes to couples, i predict Naruto & Hinata, Sakura & Sasuke (if Duckbutt survives), Shikamaru & Ino. The other option is that BOTH Sasuke and Hinata die for Naruto to become Super Saiyan Hulk, so he ends up with Sakura.

Anyway, i guess nobody actually cares for my analysis and predictions, but i had to write em somewhere so that i can organise em better.

Sorry for the long post anyway.

Dark Searchman
14th May 2012, 7:00 AM
1) My fan character would have had a similar backstory, so props to Kishi for being psychic.

2) He should be strong, but he still doesn't know all the extra hax powers of the Sharingan, so he needs Itachi to show them in action.

3) Suigetsu probably found a secret weakness to Kabuto that'll need to get exploited once Itachi gets nerfed.

4) Tsunade and Oonoki should die before the Uchiha Bros. stop the Reanimation Jutsu.

5) Obitodara used Izanagi against Konan, but my guess with the Rinnegan/Sharingan pair is that there'll be more hax powers. Sasuke will probably save Naruto and help defeat Obitodara but sacrifice himself in the process, throwing out the idea of a final Naruto v. Sasuke fight.

6) I've made those same predictions too, except Ee survives, Shikamaru X Temari, Tsunade uses Resurrection Jutsu on Naruto, Ino X Choji, Guy (or maybe Lee) dies by opening the 8th gate, and at least two of the Hidden Leaf 13 die.

JSteele
14th May 2012, 7:26 AM
2) He probably has to use some power even Itachi doesnt know. I mean, EMS must have a totally new power and Itachi cant know it.

3) I think that Itachi already started Izanami and he will beat Kabuto without any external help, Izanami should be OP enough. So, the scroll may hold some other secret.

5) This seems legit and ive thought about it, but i think that Naruto VS Duckbutt is a fight for which we have been waiting since the beginning, and it will be a HUGE letdown to a lot of fans if it doesnt happen. However we do agree that he will die.

6) Sooo, B doesnt become Raikage? Also, how will Tsunade revive Naruto if she dies against Madara? I agree for Guy or Lee to die, though i do think that it is more possible that it is Guy, possibly to protect Lee. I believe Ino is kinda too hot for Choji :P. Also, who do you think Sakura ends up with, and what happens to Hinata? And finally, do you think Kakashi will survive? Also, will we ever learn how he unleashed his Mangekyo?

7 tyranitars
14th May 2012, 11:44 AM
1) My fan character would have had a similar backstory, so props to Kishi for being psychic.

2) He should be strong, but he still doesn't know all the extra hax powers of the Sharingan, so he needs Itachi to show them in action.

3) Suigetsu probably found a secret weakness to Kabuto that'll need to get exploited once Itachi gets nerfed.

4) Tsunade and Oonoki should die before the Uchiha Bros. stop the Reanimation Jutsu.

5) Obitodara used Izanagi against Konan, but my guess with the Rinnegan/Sharingan pair is that there'll be more hax powers. Sasuke will probably save Naruto and help defeat Obitodara but sacrifice himself in the process, throwing out the idea of a final Naruto v. Sasuke fight.

6) I've made those same predictions too, except Ee survives, Shikamaru X Temari, Tsunade uses Resurrection Jutsu on Naruto, Ino X Choji, Guy (or maybe Lee) dies by opening the 8th gate, and at least two of the Hidden Leaf 13 die.

Just call him Tobi, that will cause the least confusion also most people here agreed not to start a obitobi discusion because we presume obito death until proven otherwise.

Lorde
14th May 2012, 6:55 PM
Just call him Tobi, that will cause the least confusion also most people here agreed not to start a obitobi discusion because we presume obito death until proven otherwise.

Yeah, I think it would be better not to get into the whole "Who is Tobi?" debate. There are literally dozens of people he could be, and we'll probably never agree on who he is, anyway.

Platinum fan.
14th May 2012, 7:50 PM
At this point I don't even care who Tobi is. I'm sure I will when he reveals himself but until then I'm sticking with my insane theory that Tobi is Sasuke from a alternate future who failed in his time to kill Konoha and has come to this time to make war after realizing Naruto's dream is false he decided that his plan with the moons eye thingie is the only way to really make peace! And since it's all Uchiha power stuff he's all for it! But then the current Sasuke will see what a loser he has become in this alternate future and decide to stick with Naruto so he doesn't end up a time traveling fool like Tobi. They defeat him and everyone in the war all hold hands and sing a uncool song about world peace, putting all their differences aside to live together in peace. It will truly be the war that ended all Shinobi because with world peace Shinobi's aren't needed. Oh and Itachi will give everyone the middle finger as he goes back to being dead and Kaubtomaru will see the error of his ways and join Naruto's world peace song. That's my Tobi theory.

JSteele
14th May 2012, 8:00 PM
Wow, thats a bad Tobi story. :P im obviously kidding, dont get offended. I just hope no timetravelling occurs EVER again, after it ruined my favorite TV show ever (aka LOST)

Platinum fan.
14th May 2012, 8:04 PM
Wow, thats a bad Tobi story. :P im obviously kidding, dont get offended. I just hope no timetravelling occurs EVER again, after it ruined my favorite TV show ever (aka LOST)

Oh trust me, I'm not offended. I agree that it's a bad story. I purposely made it a suck story. Main reason I threw out that idea of time travel is because nobody else has suggested it on here yet. So I thought I'd throw in the generic time travel thing. And because nobody would expect Tobi to be such a awful plot point.

JSteele
14th May 2012, 8:09 PM
Aaaah, now it makes sense. I thought you liked this option, thats why i thought you might be offended :P

Platinum fan.
14th May 2012, 8:15 PM
Aaaah, now it makes sense. I thought you liked this option, thats why i thought you might be offended :P

Oh no. That's a joke theory of mine XD all the best stories get tainted or ruined by time travel. Only a few select series can pull time travel and alternate universes off. Naruto I suspect would not be one of them.

Shneak
14th May 2012, 10:31 PM
I half expect Tobi to be a chi-blocker. He hasn't really used any ninjutsu.

Lorde
14th May 2012, 10:54 PM
Oh trust me, I'm not offended. I agree that it's a bad story. I purposely made it a suck story. Main reason I threw out that idea of time travel is because nobody else has suggested it on here yet. So I thought I'd throw in the generic time travel thing. And because nobody would expect Tobi to be such a awful plot point.

Well Kishi doesn't seem to care about the quality of his manga anymore, so maybe time travel will be brought up? It would explain a few things about Tobi imo.

Banana Knight Arthur
14th May 2012, 11:18 PM
Well Kishi doesn't seem to care about the quality of his manga anymore, so maybe time travel will be brought up? It would explain a few things about Tobi imo.

This manga went off the rails when Tobi was made into this "Madara impostor/wannabe", most it went bad after the Konoha/Pain war.

Vice-Reborn
15th May 2012, 1:56 AM
At this point I don't even care who Tobi is. I'm sure I will when he reveals himself but until then I'm sticking with my insane theory that Tobi is Sasuke from a alternate future who failed in his time to kill Konoha and has come to this time to make war after realizing Naruto's dream is false he decided that his plan with the moons eye thingie is the only way to really make peace! And since it's all Uchiha power stuff he's all for it! But then the current Sasuke will see what a loser he has become in this alternate future and decide to stick with Naruto so he doesn't end up a time traveling fool like Tobi. They defeat him and everyone in the war all hold hands and sing a uncool song about world peace, putting all their differences aside to live together in peace. It will truly be the war that ended all Shinobi because with world peace Shinobi's aren't needed. Oh and Itachi will give everyone the middle finger as he goes back to being dead and Kaubtomaru will see the error of his ways and join Naruto's world peace song. That's my Tobi theory.

I think that Tobi is a relative to Madara because in some of the latest chapters Madara shows familiarity with Tobi as if they knew each other well. Such as the instance when Madara first awoken, he questions Kabuto -Who was within Mu's body- of his whereabouts and the reason he was there. Kabuto then says he was brought back to life using the Edo Tensei. Madara refers to Tobi with familiarity as if he knew who Tobi was. I believe Tobi is Izuna because Izuna was along with Madara, Sasuke, Itachi and Kakashi the only ones to achieve the Mangekyo Sharingan. As to why Tobihas abilities of Zetsu this might be because Izuna was brought back to life using white zetsu's cells. That is my Tobi theory.

JSteele
15th May 2012, 3:47 AM
theres a slight chance that Tobi is not even an Uchiha. I mean he hasnt used Mangekyo has he?

arceus03
15th May 2012, 4:11 AM
theres a slight chance that Tobi is not even an Uchiha. I mean he hasnt used Mangekyo has he?

Using a Mangekyo doesn't imply his Uchiha-ness, right? Kakashi has a Mangekyo as well.

JSteele
15th May 2012, 5:02 AM
yeah wrong argument i guess

Lorde
15th May 2012, 5:48 PM
This manga went off the rails when Tobi was made into this "Madara impostor/wannabe", most it went bad after the Konoha/Pain war.

I agree. Although there were parts of the Gokage Summit arc that I really enjoyed, like Sasuke's battle with Danzo. I still get chills when I remember how it ended.

Platinum fan.
15th May 2012, 7:17 PM
I agree. Although there were parts of the Gokage Summit arc that I really enjoyed, like Sasuke's battle with Danzo. I still get chills when I remember how it ended.

Totally. I always remember it as the day Sasuke truly became a cold hearted ninja. He's a ******* for sure but a true ninja. I think I would have liked Saskue vs the Gokage a bit more if Sasuke didn't have plot armor figuratively and literally covering him. But After the Pain invasion arc, I just haven't fallen in love with any of the following arcs. I almost wish after Pain had been defeated we would have gone right to Sasuke and his crew invading a weak Konoha recovering from the attack, which was strongly implied was going to happen until Sasuke had a change of plans and went to the Gokages instead.

lolipiece
16th May 2012, 1:11 PM
You know, there was a point in my life where I felt this series might as well be named "Sasuke" because of it's lack of focus on its "main character".

...I now know that I was wrong. It might as well be called "Sharingan: The Hax Eye", because that's a perfect description of this show. Remember when the Byakugan was apparently important? I don't!

Really, I waited weeks for friggin time loops? I expected better.

Hihiroshi
16th May 2012, 2:38 PM
Izanami trolled me , the same repeated events one after another just to find out that Kabuto was already under the jutsu at the end. So Izanami is a genjutsu that keeps repeating the events that just happened until you die ?. It also looks like Itachi lost his left eye or can't see with his left eye anymore after activating the jutsu so Edo tensei doesn't regenerate lost eyes because of techniques used ? Maybe we will find out next chapter

Chapter is out !

Platinum fan.
16th May 2012, 3:33 PM
So that was Izanami eh? It kinda reminded me of that move Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho used on Elder Toguro, for those that followed that series. Trapped in a endless illusion loop. While Izanami doesn't get points for originality I hope this means the Kabutomaru fight is over. I must say it really disappointed me. As far as Izanami goes, I don't think it's a bad jutsu, just not very original. Naruto's making many Kurama refrences from his name to his technique. I'm sure that it's not on purpose XD

lolipiece
16th May 2012, 3:41 PM
Izanami is nothing more than a glorified Tsukiyomi.

Not very original, Kishimoto.

7 tyranitars
16th May 2012, 4:24 PM
Meh I actualy like Izanami.

DANdotW
16th May 2012, 5:01 PM
^Me too. People are judging it before it's fully taken effect. Itachi made it clear that this will continue until Kabuto decides what his destiny should be, hinted at further by Itachi telling him to remember what he told him. Itachi is trying to make Kabuto change his own destiny to make him good again, probably forcing him to choose himself a life where he wasn't ever orphaned, or made into a spy, or forced to kill Mother.

Personally, I love the idea of Izanami, and I kind of hope it works.

JSteele
16th May 2012, 6:22 PM
OK, Itachi just set a new record for the most broken technique ever.

Lorde
16th May 2012, 6:30 PM
I also liked Izanami, but it does seem really broken. I'm still wondering how Kabuto fell for it, though. His vision was sealed, so if Izanami is an ocular jutsu, it shouldn't have activated. Unless it's like Izanagi, and the genjutsu is placed on the caster or something. I really didn't understand the specifics this time. :x

JSteele
16th May 2012, 6:32 PM
its probably a genjutsu that doesnt have to do with any of the 5 senses

Banana Knight Arthur
16th May 2012, 6:44 PM
I also liked Izanami, but it does seem really broken. I'm still wondering how Kabuto fell for it, though. His vision was sealed, so if Izanami is an ocular jutsu, it shouldn't have activated. Unless it's like Izanagi, and the genjutsu is placed on the caster or something. I really didn't understand the specifics this time. :x

Remember, some genjutsu can be activated by sound. I'm pretty sure Tayuya(Sound4 chick) could catch you in a sound/Flute based genjutsu see Demonic Flute:Phantom Sound Chains (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Demonic_Flute:_Phantom_Sound_Chains). And I'm sure there are other non-ocular contact ways to activate genjutsu.

Really, I waited weeks for friggin time loops? I expected better.

The crazy part is how time has flied.....! 10 chapters and more than 3 months(Golden Week).

Even if it's not the best, I always enjoy these parts that feel like "Sasuke Gaiden", did not enjoy Kabuto, but it is what it is.

Lorde
16th May 2012, 7:17 PM
It's possible that Izanami is induced a little differently than usual, but the Uchiha clan seemed to focus on ocular jutsu, so it puzzles me.

And I'm enjoying these Sasuke chapters, mostly because he doesn't seem to be as powerful as we thought he'd be. I'm also glad that Itachi survived Kabuto's attack.

TsukiMirage
16th May 2012, 8:02 PM
I also liked Izanami, but it does seem really broken. I'm still wondering how Kabuto fell for it, though. His vision was sealed, so if Izanami is an ocular jutsu, it shouldn't have activated. Unless it's like Izanagi, and the genjutsu is placed on the caster or something. I really didn't understand the specifics this time. :x Given that it was stated to be a pair with Izanagi, odds are good they work in a similar way with merely the target being different.

Anyway, so it seems that when Itachi claimed that Izanami was prepared a couple of chapters ago, he had already activated it. Must say that it wasn't what I expected, but now that I've seen it, it makes sense. A continuous loop is a neat twist and it was interesting to see Itachi go blind in his left eye. Now that Kabuto has been taken care of, I suspect we'll finally learn the truth behind the Uchiha massacre. It would also be nice to get a glance at how the other battles have been going. Pretty nice chapter.

Shneak
16th May 2012, 9:48 PM
- "Izanami is Released." Moneyshot.
- Kabuto's beating down a corpse. Morbid.
- Kabuto's nature is water. Is this new info?
- Kabuto wants to get back to the Five Kage fight.
- Snake vomits You vomits You. Ahhh what the hell?
- Oh snap.
- IT'S THERE AGAIN.

Sick chapter. I like the return to action, and wondering what the Izanami effect was kept me guessing until it was revealed with Kabuto's horn. That was a good scene. I would complain about another Uchiha eye hax, but I won't I'm enjoying the fight, and it's Itachi, not Sasuke.

My one question is: how is Sasuke playing into this? If this is one time loop that is constantly repeated, how is he in it if it wasn't used on him? Unless he's going to be shooting fireballs in each loop...

arceus03
16th May 2012, 9:57 PM
- Snake vomits You vomits You. Ahhh what the hell?
- Oh snap.
- IT'S THERE AGAIN.

It's Orochimaruception within Izanamiception. How twisted could that possibly get? :P

multi-scale
16th May 2012, 10:46 PM
^Me too. People are judging it before it's fully taken effect. Itachi made it clear that this will continue until Kabuto decides what his destiny should be, hinted at further by Itachi telling him to remember what he told him. Itachi is trying to make Kabuto change his own destiny to make him good again, probably forcing him to choose himself a life where he wasn't ever orphaned, or made into a spy, or forced to kill Mother.

Personally, I love the idea of Izanami, and I kind of hope it works.

If it worked like that, Itachi should have just used it on Sasuke. Screw the lack of morals of using a secret eye technique on your kid brother.

I'm also wondering how the technique worked, because Itachi's sharingan disappeared.

Also, why does Kabuto have no sealing stuff with him? JUst slap some seal on the sword and stab Itachi, problem solved. And why is Itachi suddenly the most powerful character in the series?

Banana Knight Arthur
16th May 2012, 10:47 PM
It's Orochimaruception within Izanamiception. How twisted could that possibly get? :P

Ah, so I wasn't the only one who got an 'Inception' vibe XD

Way more twisted, it may get...

Lorde
17th May 2012, 12:06 AM
Hopefully this really is the end of the battle, and Itachi will have Kabuto undo the Edo Tensei. It's about time that technique was stopped; I think it would be funny if Madara was about to kill the Gokage in the next chapter when suddenly he turns back into ash.

Crimsonlink
17th May 2012, 1:55 AM
Hopefully this really is the end of the battle, and Itachi will have Kabuto undo the Edo Tensei. It's about time that technique was stopped; I think it would be funny if Madara was about to kill the Gokage in the next chapter when suddenly he turns back into ash.

I actually hope Tsunade or Onoki has died already. Anyways a good action chapter. As for Izanami, I won't say anything about it until its fully explained.

JSteele
17th May 2012, 2:17 AM
i dont think theres any way theyll let such important characters die off-screen.

Platinum fan.
17th May 2012, 2:17 AM

It would indeed be funny to see Madara turn to Ash. He'll stop the attack on the Gokage and announce he's going to the Pokemon League and off he goes XD

All joking aside I do wonder if anyone important on the heroes side will finally die. Where's the emotion of loss in war?

uber gon
17th May 2012, 2:58 AM
Aah, no zombie skeleton Persona 4 constructs? Crap.

JSteele
17th May 2012, 3:05 AM
It would indeed be funny to see Madara turn to Ash. He'll stop the attack on the Gokage and announce he's going to the Pokemon League and off he goes XD

All joking aside I do wonder if anyone important on the heroes side will finally die. Where's the emotion of loss in war?

the primary "suspects" to die, in my opinion, are tsunade, oonoki, sasuke, kakashi, gai, hinata, raikage. Of course not all will die, but i think at least 2 will, and oonoki is the most possible.

TsukiMirage
17th May 2012, 8:12 AM
Both Kakashi and Hinata already had their death scares and Sasuke's basically a main character, so I doubt they're at any risk. Tsunade due to being the last sannin and Onoki for being old are pretty much the best bets at being risk.

7 tyranitars
17th May 2012, 10:35 AM
the primary "suspects" to die, in my opinion, are tsunade, oonoki, sasuke, kakashi, gai, hinata, raikage. Of course not all will die, but i think at least 2 will, and oonoki is the most possible.

Hinata and Kakashi won't die. Like Tsuki said Hinata already came close to the point of dieing, and Kakashi died and came back to life.

JSteele
17th May 2012, 12:17 PM
im just sayin that because Kakashi has been pretty useless for a long time, and Hinata would pretty much help Naruto go Super Saiyan if she died.

Platinum fan.
17th May 2012, 4:30 PM
The deaths in the Pain arc is one reason I loved that arc. Seeing Kakashi, Shizune, Choji's dad and Hinata teeter on the edge of death with emotional responses from the ones who knew they were dying was fabulous because I cared about the characters and the love ones who didn't have time to cry about it because they were fighting Pain, it was such a good direction for Naruto. The ending of the Pain arc nearly ruined it. I really enjoyed the emotion that these characters actually could die. Even Tsunade protecting the village fell into a coma and at this point I still cared about Tsunade as a relevant character to the plot. This war arc does not have that same emotion to it. While I'm not wishing every main character die, some deaths from the main characters would make this arc feel real, instead of a fanfic to please fans who wanted to see some characters come back from the dead or Sasuke and Itachi fighting side by side. Even though I loved seeing Zabuza and Haku again :)

As far as people dying now, I can't see either Kakashi or Hinata dying, no matter how useless they've become. To be fair everyone who is not Naruto, Sasuke, a Uchiha, a Kage, or main villain has become useless but since these two already had "death" moments it would be pointless to kill them again. We already saw Naruto freak out after Hinata, repeating it would just make it feel less important.

7 tyranitars
17th May 2012, 5:44 PM
im just sayin that because Kakashi has been pretty useless for a long time, and Hinata would pretty much help Naruto go Super Saiyan if she died.

I wouldn't call Kakashi useless, he was the one who took care of the 7 swordsman of the Mist, even though it was off panel. And even against a bijuu he and Gai actualy managed to survive.

Lorde
17th May 2012, 6:19 PM

Useless characters don't have to die; Sakura's still alive even though the last useful thing she did was fight Sasori. And the latter thing already happened during the Pain arc.

Platinum fan.
17th May 2012, 8:14 PM
I wouldn't call Kakashi useless, he was the one who took care of the 7 swordsman of the Mist, even though it was off panel. And even against a bijuu he and Gai actualy managed to survive.

Ah but if it was off panel is it really important and useful? I mean look at Tenten. She had a entire subplot with that fan thing and all of it happened offscreen. I'm not disagreeing with you at all because I wouldn't call Kakashi useless either. There is still things I can see him doing to stay relevant.

JSteele
17th May 2012, 9:14 PM
Kakashi has been one of my favorite characters, but the truth is that in the past few arcs he has become -in comparison to others- incredibly weak and he isnt as badass as he used to be. He is limited to only a little action, he falls in a coma every now and then and his only real use is talk no jutsu. I believe that Kishi should give him some extra power we didnt know, so that such an awesome character doesnt become totally irrelevant. I think he should have remained dead after the Pain arc so that he keeps his dignity and we remember him as a mysterious, powerful and badass character.

Shadow Lucario
17th May 2012, 9:25 PM
Kakashi is not weak by any means. He's one of the commanders of the army for a reason. Not only is he a strong Shinobi but he is an intelligent strategist and great leader. There are only a few characters that can be considered stronger.

7 tyranitars
17th May 2012, 9:29 PM
Kakashi has been one of my favorite characters, but the truth is that in the past few arcs he has become -in comparison to others- incredibly weak and he isnt as badass as he used to be. He is limited to only a little action, he falls in a coma every now and then and his only real use is talk no jutsu. I believe that Kishi should give him some extra power we didnt know, so that such an awesome character doesnt become totally irrelevant. I think he should have remained dead after the Pain arc so that he keeps his dignity and we remember him as a mysterious, powerful and badass character.

You severly underestimate Kakashi, like shadow lucario said, he is the commander for a reason.

JSteele
17th May 2012, 9:47 PM
shikamaru is practically a commander as well, that doesnt make him strong. Im not saying that Kakashi isnt stronger than Shikamaru, but i believe that the main reason why he is a commander is the fact that he is a strategic genious. Still, i may well have underestimated since he quickly beat the 7 swordsmen, who are supposed to be pretty strong. Also, he may seem weak to me because he doesnt impress me any more, since, more or less, his powers havent increased since the Kakuzu and Hidan battle. However, several powerful characters have appeared since then (Onoki, Madara, Mei, A, B, Tsunade after showing her self-healing powers, Nagato, Itachi -who is constantly becoming more and more powerful-, sage Kabuto, even Sasuke, etc etc), so i dont pay much attention to him, he is being kinda outshined.

Lorde
17th May 2012, 10:25 PM
Kakashi is not weak by any means. He's one of the commanders of the army for a reason. Not only is he a strong Shinobi but he is an intelligent strategist and great leader. There are only a few characters that can be considered stronger.

I think he's a decent strategist, but that's about it. He really doesn't seem to have leadership skills, and he was a horrible teacher. I've also noticed that his power level fluctuates constantly; sometimes he's really powerful, and other times he's just really weak. I've never seen such an inconsistent character before.

Platinum fan.
17th May 2012, 10:54 PM
Kakashi has never been insanely powerful, he just seems that way when he fights ninjas who aren't uber. He's a good strategist though. All of his important battles are won by strategy rather then some uber jutsu, and whenever he breaks out a powerful jutsu it takes a lot out of him. He's a elite ninja but by no means uber.

Shneak
17th May 2012, 11:18 PM
Kill off all of Team Kurenai and there would be nothing lost (except for Akamaru, of course.)

It's looking like this may be an ultimate good guy war, where none of the main and major characters die.

EDIT: OHGOD. I just noticed that the last panel is from outside of the Genjutsu. Yeah, Kabuto is screwed. He can't escape unless he releases the jutsu or he kills himself.

Lorde
18th May 2012, 6:53 PM
Kill off all of Team Kurenai and there would be nothing lost (except for Akamaru, of course.)

Kiba and Shino are the best characters imo. Kiba has a dynamic personality, and nothing ever phases Shino. Hinata is the only problem, but Kishi wouldn't kill her after her previous near death experience. It would be too reductive.

7 tyranitars
18th May 2012, 9:51 PM
Kiba and Shino are the best characters imo. Kiba has a dynamic personality, and nothing ever phases Shino. Hinata is the only problem, but Kishi wouldn't kill her after her previous near death experience. It would be too reductive.

And killing Hinata would mean death threaths to kishi from Naruhina shippers... :p

Shneak
18th May 2012, 10:39 PM
That just means Sakura is confirmed.

JSteele
19th May 2012, 4:28 AM
well wouldnt that be aweome

Ver-mont
19th May 2012, 7:51 AM
...And here comes the long brotherly talk that will probably get to redeem Sasuke.

Anyway, I wonder if Kabuto's defeat means that Madara is about to vanish, alongside Itachi and the whole lot. That would leave just Tobi out there.

Shadow Lucario
19th May 2012, 9:44 AM
I really don't mind if none of the main characters die. Unlike Kubo and Oda, Kishimoto has already killed main characters before. Now it's his turn to keep his entire cast alive.

Crimsonlink
19th May 2012, 11:11 AM
I really don't mind if none of the main characters die. Unlike Kubo and Oda, Kishimoto has already killed main characters before. Now it's his turn to keep his entire cast alive.

Sorry unless you are the villain or team 7 plus Kakashi, you aren't a main character.

At worst Kishi has killed Jiraiya and Asuma who aren't main characters anyways.

Shadow Lucario
19th May 2012, 12:02 PM
Sorry unless you are the villain or team 7 plus Kakashi, you aren't a main character.

At worst Kishi has killed Jiraiya and Asuma who aren't main characters anyways.

And Kakashi did die. Gaara died as well. Jiraiya not a main character? I'll give you Asuma, but Jiraiya actually contributed to the plot. If Jiraiya isn't a main character then a villain definitely isn't. Kishimoto actually has the balls to kill the protagonists. There, a much more suitable word.

Crimsonlink
19th May 2012, 12:16 PM
And Kakashi did die. Gaara died as well. Jiraiya not a main character? I'll give you Asuma, but Jiraiya actually contributed to the plot. If Jiraiya isn't a main character then a villain definitely isn't. Kishimoto actually has the balls to kill the protagonists. There, a much more suitable word.

lol I was making a joke but it went over your head. All 3 authors have killed off characters relevant to the plot.

Also just because other authors kept their main characters alive does not mean Kishi has to follow their examples. But like you said I don't really care if none of the main characters died in Naruto except maybe Sakura in which I will rejoice.

7 tyranitars
19th May 2012, 12:37 PM
lol I was making a joke but it went over your head. All 3 authors have killed off characters relevant to the plot.

Also just because other authors kept their main characters alive does not mean Kishi has to follow their examples. But like you said I don't really care if none of the main characters died in Naruto except maybe Sakura in which I will rejoice.

Oda killed Ace and Whitebeard, I don't care about bleach because I don't watch/read it so I wouldn't know about that, but in One Piece most characters somehow survive when they should have been death. While in Naruto if they kill a villian they are really death (not counting Edo tensei because they are still death)

Crimsonlink
19th May 2012, 1:04 PM
Oda killed Ace and Whitebeard, I don't care about bleach because I don't watch/read it so I wouldn't know about that, but in One Piece most characters somehow survive when they should have been death. While in Naruto if they kill a villian they are really death (not counting Edo tensei because they are still death)

The thing is that 99% of Naruto villains never die by the main characters hands in Naruto.....

Zabuza and Haku: Commited suicide by running into weapons and a Raikiri respectively

Orochimaru: Left in a dream like state by Itachi

Pain: Died because of chakra exhaustion

Deidara: Blew himself up

Sasori: Killed by Chiyo

Kisame: Suicide

Hiden: Left headless underground

Kakuzu: Died from Rakiri

Itachi: Died because of a disease....

Konan: Died from Tobi's metal pipe of death

Zetsu: Still alive technically

But I see your point.

7 tyranitars
19th May 2012, 2:18 PM
The thing is that 99% of Naruto villains never die by the main characters hands in Naruto.....

Zabuza and Haku: Commited suicide by running into weapons and a Raikiri respectively

But I see your point.

It is almost like kishi trolls his main charracters so they only beat someone near death and then someone else or something steals their kill. And I consider Kakashi and Tobi a main character, so that would make them the exception of the rule.

Lorde
19th May 2012, 6:41 PM
...And here comes the long brotherly talk that will probably get to redeem Sasuke.

Anyway, I wonder if Kabuto's defeat means that Madara is about to vanish, alongside Itachi and the whole lot. That would leave just Tobi out there.

Madara needs to die, though. He's causing the most damage, although it would feel kind of weird for him to just disappear like that. I feel like he deserves a flashback chapter before the Edo Tensei is stopped so we can learn exactly how he survived his battle with Hashirama, and how he knew about Nagato.

eemo108
19th May 2012, 7:28 PM

But I see your point.

It is almost like kishi trolls his main charracters so they only beat someone near death and then someone else or something steals their kill. And I consider Kakashi and Tobi a main character, so that would make them the exception of the rule.

For the above two posts:

I'm glad Naruto hasn't killed all of those characters. It would have ruined his own character if he had done so.

Naruto believes in peace, and he is all about sympathizing with others.

Examples: Pain, Sasuke.

He only kills when he absolutely has to, example being Kakuzu.

Crimsonlink
19th May 2012, 9:39 PM
For the above two posts:

I'm glad Naruto hasn't killed all of those characters. It would have ruined his own character if he had done so.

Naruto believes in peace, and he is all about sympathizing with others.

Examples: Pain, Sasuke.

He only kills when he absolutely has to, example being Kakuzu.

Kakashi killed Kakuzu. >.>^

If anything that just means Naruto cannot become Hokage if he can't kill people. You can get away without killing anyone for so long in the ninja world. Especially as a leader of a village full of ninjas whose missions involve assassinations and protecting clients. Then again if the world peace BS Kishi said comes true then there is no need for ninjas and it becomes a moot point.

While I'm not saying Naruto should kill every character that goes against him, him killing an enemy or two wouldn't destroy his image. He isn't supposed to be Budda or a monk, he is a shinobi. Naruto being a Shonen manga just limited the violence a lot and has given a rainbow appearance of a ninja's world when in reality it is harsh and desolate for the most part.

7 tyranitars
19th May 2012, 9:46 PM

If anything that just means Naruto cannot become Hokage if he can't kill people. You can get away without killing anyone for so long in the ninja world. Especially as a leader of a village full of ninjas whose missions involve assassinations and protecting clients. Then again if the world peace BS Kishi said comes true then there is no need for ninjas and it becomes a moot point.

While I'm not saying Naruto should kill every character that goes against him, him killing an enemy or two wouldn't destroy his image. He isn't supposed to be Budda or a monk, he is a shinobi. Naruto being a Shonen manga just limited the violence a lot and has given a rainbow appearance of a ninja's world when in reality it is harsh and desolate for the most part.

I am actualy sad Naruto didn't kill kakazu.. It was his kill and Kakashi stole it :P.

LexSuicune
20th May 2012, 2:40 AM
I am so sick of this drama between Kabuto and the Uchihas.

They should ALL perish in that cave.

Lorde
20th May 2012, 3:10 AM

Sasuke's the only one who will make it out alive in my opinion. Itachi will soon fulfill his job, and he'll probably die when Kabuto releases the Edo Tensei since he still seems to be under its influence (he can still regenerate like the other "zombies" at any rate). Kabuto's a goner for sure.

SharpedoX
20th May 2012, 11:38 PM
I am so sick of this drama between Kabuto and the Uchihas.

Couldn't agree more. He's just dragging this unnecessarily.

Platinum fan.
21st May 2012, 12:53 AM

Kakashi finished off Kakuzu while Ino was healing Naruto. We don't know if Naruto was going to finish off Kakuzu himself after he was done healing, since the world peace thing had not started with him yet. I cannot think of anyone in the series Naruto has actually killed. His opponents usually reform, kill themselves or get killed by someone else so he never really had to kill anyone. Nagato was the only person I can think of Naruto was not planning to kill. He was even going to kill Haku after she begged him to kill her.

Lorde
21st May 2012, 3:46 AM
I'm glad Naruto has never killed anyone; he's still pure, unlike some of the other characters. I have a feeling that Kishi thought ahead and decided to give Naruto a spotless record, as he knew that Naruto would turn out to be a man of peace in Part 2.

Locormus
21st May 2012, 10:42 AM
Sasuke's the only one who will make it out alive in my opinion. Itachi will soon fulfill his job, and he'll probably die when Kabuto releases the Edo Tensei since he still seems to be under its influence (he can still regenerate like the other "zombies" at any rate). Kabuto's a goner for sure.

At any rate, the fighting should shift towards Edo Madara for now. Or we might get the sobstory between Itachi and Sasuke that Itachi promised.. Then we'll go to Edo Madara, finish that fight, and then we'll have Itachi having Kabuto dispell the Edo.

Platinum fan.
22nd May 2012, 4:09 PM
I'm glad Naruto has never killed anyone; he's still pure, unlike some of the other characters. I have a feeling that Kishi thought ahead and decided to give Naruto a spotless record, as he knew that Naruto would turn out to be a man of peace in Part 2.

The only guy I can think of that Naruto possibly killed manga-wise (I don't count anime or movies) would be that sand ninja, Yura, at the start of part 2 who Pain used to be a fake Itachi. I don't know if he died becoming a Itachi clone or if Naruto's attack killed him. Other then possibly this guy, I can't recall Naruto killing anyone.

Crimsonlink
22nd May 2012, 4:28 PM
The only guy I can think of that Naruto possibly killed manga-wise (I don't count anime or movies) would be that sand ninja, Yura, at the start of part 2 who Pain used to be a fake Itachi. I don't know if he died becoming a Itachi clone or if Naruto's attack killed him. Other then possibly this guy, I can't recall Naruto killing anyone.

He was already dead so it doesn't count. Man I think Naruto is the only Shonen protagonist to never kill so far in the magazine excluding Luffy possibly. Which is sad when you consider his job as a ninja.

Lorde
22nd May 2012, 5:57 PM

I don't think Naruto meant to kill him in the first place; he was probably focusing on just hurting "Itachi." Naruto doesn't seem like a killer.

TsukiMirage
22nd May 2012, 6:41 PM
He was already dead so it doesn't count. Man I think Naruto is the only Shonen protagonist to never kill so far in the magazine excluding Luffy possibly. Which is sad when you consider his job as a ninja. I don't think Yura was dead before Naruto hit him. That technique was different then the one Nagato used for his Paths.

Crimsonlink
22nd May 2012, 6:53 PM
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Shapeshifting_Technique

Nope Yura died because of the technique. Naruto wanted to capture Itachi by injuring him to bribe Sasuke back to Konoha. >.>

TsukiMirage
23rd May 2012, 5:37 AM
While the technique would have eventually killed him, it hadn't ended before Naruto hit him. And the Oodama Rasengan isn't exactly a technique that one uses to injure someone.

Lorde
23rd May 2012, 5:53 AM
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Shapeshifting_Technique

Nope Yura died because of the technique. Naruto wanted to capture Itachi by injuring him to bribe Sasuke back to Konoha. >.>

I don't blame people for being confused about this though, because the jutsu's nature wasn't fully explained until the third databook was released. And I know I've asked this before, but does Kishi plan to release the fourth databook anytime soon?

7 tyranitars
23rd May 2012, 12:00 PM
Next chapter seems like it will explain Izanami.

Platinum fan.
23rd May 2012, 2:18 PM
I don't blame people for being confused about this though, because the jutsu's nature wasn't fully explained until the third databook was released. And I know I've asked this before, but does Kishi plan to release the fourth databook anytime soon?

It also wasn't used ever again. I always thought that was weird how such a powerful jutsu wasn't used again. The fact that the person is dead for it to work makes it look like a Edo Tensei rip off. There's to many jutsu that involve reanimating dead bodies. Edo Tensei, Pain's six paths, and now the Shapeshifting thing.

lolipiece
23rd May 2012, 3:32 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Buh, huh, what? Oh, this chapter was boring. Ugh, such an uninteresting explanation of Izanami.

Basically, Itachi's a video editor. Whoop dee doo.

Crimsonlink
23rd May 2012, 3:39 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Buh, huh, what? Oh, this chapter was boring. Ugh, such an uninteresting explanation of Izanami.

Basically, Itachi's a video editor. Whoop dee doo.

^Pretty much sums up the chapter. Man what a boring technique. For once its not even broken even though it came from the Haxringan lol. Then again it is used to counter hax so it technically is hax.

gliscor&yanmega
23rd May 2012, 3:49 PM
I enjoyed the chapter, it wasn't boring at all to me.

I'm waiting for Hoshi to appear though. I miss Zetsu.

brendan25
23rd May 2012, 3:57 PM
the chapter seems nothing, its like Itachi explain, I HOPE THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE Naruto Vs Madara [Continuation] hehe

Joltik-Kid
23rd May 2012, 4:20 PM
Kakashi finished off Kakuzu while Ino was healing Naruto. We don't know if Naruto was going to finish off Kakuzu himself after he was done healing, since the world peace thing had not started with him yet. I cannot think of anyone in the series Naruto has actually killed. His opponents usually reform, kill themselves or get killed by someone else so he never really had to kill anyone. Nagato was the only person I can think of Naruto was not planning to kill. He was even going to kill Haku after she begged him to kill her.
I hope your just trying to be funny...because Haku is a guy

7 tyranitars
23rd May 2012, 5:02 PM

And is still a huge suprise to most of us. :P

Platinum fan.
23rd May 2012, 5:12 PM

I refuse to believe Haku is a guy! She is a girl and I will not accept that she is a guy! Never! Not going to happen! Even if she was confirmed to be a guy years ago when she first appeared.

In all seriousness, yeah I'm just being funny. It's always fun for me to call Haku a girl.

TsukiMirage
23rd May 2012, 5:50 PM
As could be expected, we got an explanation of Izanami and how it works, along with the history of Izanagi. And as been argued, confirmation that Izanagi didn't require Senju Dna to actually use. Was interesting to learn exactly why Izanami was created, due to the over-usage of Izanagi and the arrogance that came with it. We also see one of Kabuto's friends from the orphanage, though I honestly more interested in getting to the point of ending Edo Tensei and learning the truth behind the massacre. Alright chapter.

Lorde
23rd May 2012, 6:28 PM
Wow, what a boring chapter. I'm sure Kishi could've explained Izanami differently if he tried, but we got a long-winded speech about destiny and paths and stuff. I enjoyed the references to Izanagi though, as it's my favorite jutsu. I didn't like the ending of the chapter since it was another cliff-hanger.

7 tyranitars
23rd May 2012, 6:53 PM
Wow, what a boring chapter. I'm sure Kishi could've explained Izanami differently if he tried, but we got a long-winded speech about destiny and paths and stuff. I enjoyed the references to Izanagi though, as it's my favorite jutsu. I didn't like the ending of the chapter since it was another cliff-hanger.

Every chapter haves a cliffhanger :p.

Lorde
23rd May 2012, 6:55 PM
Every chapter haves a cliffhanger :p.

But this one is really important; we're talking about the end of the Edo Tensei era, which is something a lot of us have been waiting for.

7 tyranitars
23rd May 2012, 6:58 PM
But this one is really important; we're talking about the end of the Edo Tensei era, which is something a lot of us have been waiting for.

I have experienced worse cliffhangers, but I guese it is a matter of what you are looking out for the most. :)

JSteele
23rd May 2012, 8:01 PM
pretty boring chapter. I guess this thing is finally ending though............

Lorde
23rd May 2012, 8:26 PM
I have experienced worse cliffhangers, but I guese it is a matter of what you are looking out for the most. :)

I'm just tired of the Edo Tensei nonsense, and I want it to end as soon as possible. But Kishi keeps beating around the bush.

7 tyranitars
23rd May 2012, 8:52 PM
I'm just tired of the Edo Tensei nonsense, and I want it to end as soon as possible. But Kishi keeps beating around the bush.

I figured you didn't like it.. :p Well it is either this or people complaining about how he is rushing it.

Shneak
23rd May 2012, 9:53 PM
- At 9? Tobi appearance?
- LOL at a full blown explanation and diagram.
- Itachi kind of looks stupid with a sharingan and dead eye.
- So a broken technique was created to fix a broken technique?
- Obligatory nightmare fuel panel.
- Someone went crazy with the gaussian blur tool.
- Headband fail. They'e supposed to be Allied, not Leaf.
- Uhh, how?

Not very exciting. I don't particularly care about Itachi trying to change Kabuto. I hope the Edo Tensei isn't released without a continuation of the Madara fight either.

multi-scale
23rd May 2012, 9:53 PM
As could be expected, we got an explanation of Izanami and how it works, along with the history of Izanagi. And as been argued, confirmation that Izanagi didn't require Senju Dna to actually use. Was interesting to learn exactly why Izanami was created, due to the over-usage of Izanagi and the arrogance that came with it. We also see one of Kabuto's friends from the orphanage, though I honestly more interested in getting to the point of ending Edo Tensei and learning the truth behind the massacre. Alright chapter.

I think Izanagi still requires Senju DNA, but because Uchiha and Senju were both descended from the Sage they both have a little of each other's DNA (I would suppose). Since Danzo didn't have the DNA of either he needed them both separately, or perhaps he was lacking a certain percentage of DNA required to use it. Assuming the whole Izanagi past thing was a very long time ago, the percentage of Senju DNA would be higher in the Uchiha clan.

Edit: yeah, what is At 9 supposed to mean? And doesn't that guy know that Kabuto is one of the world's biggest villains? And one more thing, Itachi always uses Katon against Kabuto, but he changed to Suiton. Doesn't this technically mean he changed the loop and defeated the purpose of the jutsu since a (slightly) different outcome occurred?

Shneak
23rd May 2012, 10:31 PM
Edit: yeah, what is At 9 supposed to mean?

It was quoted from a ninja in a panel somewhere. He was saying how it was already 9pm on that day, I guess. It may have been a flashback or something, because they both had Leaf headbands instead of ASF headbands. Kishi is usually good with noticing this stuff.

gliscor&yanmega
23rd May 2012, 10:34 PM
I hope the Edo Tensei isn't released without a continuation of the Madara fight either.

I'm pretty sure Tobi will bring him back the way it was originally planned, then we can see Madara fight without interruptions. Seriously doubt his fight as it is now is getting any conclusion at this point, never expected it to either.

yeah, what is At 9 supposed to mean?

Pretty sure it's a reference to the bedtime Kabuto, Urushi, and the other kids had when they were young.

I did think about the Bijuu when I first saw the title though.

It was quoted from a ninja in a panel somewhere. He was saying how it was already 9pm on that day, I guess. It may have been a flashback or something, because they both had Leaf headbands instead of ASF headbands. Kishi is usually good with noticing this stuff.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a flashback, black boarders are always used for those cases I believe, not to mention there's no one to have that flashback.

The Leaf headband was an art error most likely, it's happen before, and will probably happen again.

Lorde
23rd May 2012, 10:37 PM

It wasn't a flashback; the page borders are always black whenever there's a flashback, but the borders were white this time. Also, the two ninja were discussing the war and the five nations fighting together as one, which has only happened recently. They might have had leaf headbands because they've been assigned a different mission apart from the main war. But it still leaves a mystery: Tobi said he wanted to end the war "today," yet it's already nighttime.

gliscor&yanmega
23rd May 2012, 10:47 PM
But it still leaves a mystery: Tobi said he wanted to end the war "today," yet it's already nighttime.

I'm sure once the focus goes back to Tobi he'll be trying to complete Eye Of The Moon. Whether he succeeds or not is another matter, I hope he does, I want to see things fleshed out as much as possible.

Shneak
23rd May 2012, 10:49 PM
Which also relates back to Kabuto saying he would be winning this war if he wasn't trapped in Izanami.

Tobi is useless anyway. Bring out the most overpowered power-up for him and I would be fine with it.

uber gon
23rd May 2012, 11:20 PM
So how does Urushi not know Kabuto is evil again? I kind of doubt Konoha's higher-ups would hide Kabuto's involvement with EVERYTHING involving Konoha's enemies.

gliscor&yanmega
23rd May 2012, 11:22 PM
So how does Urushi not know Kabuto is evil again? I kind of doubt Konoha's higher-ups would hide Kabuto's involvement with EVERYTHING involving Konoha's enemies.

I don't know if it's a matter of Urushi knowing or not, I think he just wants Kabuto to come back home, he might not hate him for what he's done if he's sorry or whatever.

As it is, Kabuto really is just like Nagato, Itachi, and all the other "evil" characters, either they were misguided or simply did things that are seen as "evil". Kabuto just needs a darn hug :3

Platinum fan.
24th May 2012, 12:00 AM
Platinum fan just saw the new chapter and...it would have made for a great bedtime story. Hopefully this will finally be the end of those horrible Edo Tenseis. What wasted potential it all was. No Jugo meeting Kimimaro, no Tsunade meeting Dan, no Neji and Hinata fighting Hizashi, no Naruto meeting Haku and Zabuza (man I would have paid money to see Haku meet world-peace Naruto) heck there wasn't even a Sakura meeting Chiyo again. Wasted potential all of it! Okay I'll stop my immature little rant. I just hate to see such good potential storylines wasted. It would be funny if the Edo Tensei was undone while the Gokage are fighting troll Madara and as it's undone one of them is about to unleash a killer jutsu and the Edo Tensei is undone and instead of Madara it hits another Kage in the group. Sick humor, I know. Overall Sasuke and Itachi vs Kabuto was not what I expected, but at least Kabuto's backstory was finally told.

Lorde
24th May 2012, 2:06 AM
I was almost ready to proclaim the fight as one of the best fights in Part 2 so far, but this week's chapter changed things. I seriously hope the Edo Tensei is stopped next week, but I'm starting to think that Kishi's going to keep beating around the bush for at least another dozen chapters.

Crimsonlink
24th May 2012, 7:56 AM
I was almost ready to proclaim the fight as one of the best fights in Part 2 so far, but this week's chapter changed things. I seriously hope the Edo Tensei is stopped next week, but I'm starting to think that Kishi's going to keep beating around the bush for at least another dozen chapters.

What fight though? There was more talking than fighting in the whole Kabuto mini-arc. While there were some nice moments, the talking really made the action boring.

TsukiMirage
24th May 2012, 3:49 PM
I think Izanagi still requires Senju DNA, but because Uchiha and Senju were both descended from the Sage they both have a little of each other's DNA (I would suppose). Since Danzo didn't have the DNA of either he needed them both separately, or perhaps he was lacking a certain percentage of DNA required to use it. Assuming the whole Izanagi past thing was a very long time ago, the percentage of Senju DNA would be higher in the Uchiha clan. But Danzo did have Uchiha Dna, which is how he was able to wield so many Sharingans without exhausting himself. He had Shisui's entire arm and shoulder. So the additional need of Senju Dna seems unnecessary if that was the case.

Edit: yeah, what is At 9 supposed to mean? And doesn't that guy know that Kabuto is one of the world's biggest villains? And one more thing, Itachi always uses Katon against Kabuto, but he changed to Suiton. Doesn't this technically mean he changed the loop and defeated the purpose of the jutsu since a (slightly) different outcome occurred? The nine is a reference to the bedtime they had at the orphanage. Seemingly all of Kabuto's evil actions are apparently unknown, even though Yamato mentioned earlier how Kabuto was one of their most wanted criminals. And no the change doesn't mean anything, as the genjutsu is actively changing as it goes deeper and deeper into a loop.

Shadow Lucario
24th May 2012, 7:12 PM
Talk about a mind****. As to the whole being able to use Izanagi thing, you don't need Senju DNA to use it. You need it to use a more perfect form of it. The Uchiha wouldn't label it a kinjutsu if they couldn't use it.

Lorde
24th May 2012, 7:57 PM
What fight though? There was more talking than fighting in the whole Kabuto mini-arc. While there were some nice moments, the talking really made the action boring.

The parts with action where Itachi and Sasuke were fighting as a team were great imo. I never thought we'd see them on the same side. I was also impressed with the previous chapter and how Kabuto got stuck in the genjutsu despite all his precautions. Seeing him fight Itachi in an infinite loop was great.

SharpedoX
24th May 2012, 8:58 PM
While the explanation for Izanami seemed to be dull, it was a necessary one. I admire how Kishimoto likes to explain every nook and cranny of these jutsu (the anime episode also reflected this, explaining Edo Tensei). Itachi should have broke the jutsu by now but apparently he seems to like dragging these chapters. Nothing wrong with that since I think I'll miss Itachi.

Still, I don't see what will be Sasuke's motivation for destroying Konohagakure. Guess we'll have to wait for it to unfurl.

Platinum fan.
26th May 2012, 12:18 AM
I'm sure they'll find something to piss off Sasuke again to make him want to kill Konoha. While we're talking about jutsu's I've actually lost track of all the Uchiha's eye jutsu. Between making Susanoo thingies, to endless genjutsus, to fires that burn forever, to loop genjutsus. Sheesh, I said it before but I'll say it again. I don't blame the elders for wanting to get rid of the Uchihas. I also don't blame Orochimaru for all the extreme crap he went through to try and obtain Sharingan himself. Even before Sharingan became uber broken, he knew if you didn't have Sharingan your not a main player of the game.

multi-scale
26th May 2012, 4:56 AM
I think the most important question is, since the Sharingan is more haxed the even the Rinnegan, why isn't Madara soloing the entire Shinobi Alliance? He probably could. Remember when Byakugan was better than Sharingan? And Rinnegan was the best? Mangekyo sharingan is apparently on a world of its own.

TsukiMirage
26th May 2012, 8:18 AM
I think the most important question is, since the Sharingan is more haxed the even the Rinnegan, why isn't Madara soloing the entire Shinobi Alliance? He probably could. Remember when Byakugan was better than Sharingan? And Rinnegan was the best? Mangekyo sharingan is apparently on a world of its own. Madara's not because he's just playing around, not actually fighting to win. It's been made quite clear that he's just toying with them and if he had been serious, they would have already been dealt with.

Lorde
26th May 2012, 9:41 PM
Well we won't have to worry about Madara's trolling for long since the Edo Tensei will be stopped in the next chapter, assuming Kishi doesn't just shift focus to another fight before the deed is done. Madara was certainly entertaining; I loved watching him use hax technique after hax technique. But all good things must come to an end.

TsukiMirage
27th May 2012, 9:08 AM
Well Itachi been claiming he gonna end Edo Tensei for a while now and still has yet to do so, so it's possible that we'll get to see Madara troll the Kages some more.

Platinum fan.
27th May 2012, 6:03 PM
Well Itachi been claiming he gonna end Edo Tensei for a while now and still has yet to do so, so it's possible that we'll get to see Madara troll the Kages some more.

Well in Itachi's defense he hadn't captured Kabuto yet. Now that he has he could end the Edo Tensei's very soon. Kabuto was just recently captured after all.

gliscor&yanmega
27th May 2012, 6:11 PM
Well we won't have to worry about Madara's trolling for long since the Edo Tensei will be stopped in the next chapter, assuming Kishi doesn't just shift focus to another fight before the deed is done. Madara was certainly entertaining; I loved watching him use hax technique after hax technique. But all good things must come to an end.

He'll be back. Tobi and him had a plan. Madara seemed like he was expected to be revive, just by a different means.

multi-scale
27th May 2012, 6:29 PM
He'll be back. Tobi and him had a plan. Madara seemed like he was expected to be revive, just by a different means.

He was expecting to be revived by Nagato I suppose (since he originally thought Nagato had resurrected him), so he probably won't be coming back.

7 tyranitars
27th May 2012, 8:20 PM
He was expecting to be revived by Nagato I suppose (since he originally thought Nagato had resurrected him), so he probably won't be coming back.

Tobi has the Rinnegan so I wouldn't know..

Lorde
27th May 2012, 8:56 PM

But he's been trolling the Gokage for such a long time. I don't think I can survive much more of it. He still needs to explain some things, like how he knows Nagato and why he was waiting to be resurrected by him, but I'm hoping that he explains that right before he dies and not when/if he comes back to life a second time.

7 tyranitars
30th May 2012, 1:18 PM
Chapter is out, Sasuke doesn't understand Itachi, Itachi says it is not up to him to decide. Kages are fighting with Edo-madara after I while they do a super combo and it seems like they defeated him until, Madara goes in his perfect Susano'o

arceus03
30th May 2012, 5:53 PM
I think we won't get to see the perfect Susanoo doing his work. Wasn't Itachi already ending the Edo Tensei? Maybe at the very last moment before the Kage die, it disappears.

lolipiece
30th May 2012, 6:05 PM
I think we won't get to see the perfect Susanoo doing his work. Wasn't Itachi already ending the Edo Tensei? Maybe at the very last moment before the Kage die, it disappears.

Knowing cop-out Kishi, I wouldn't be surprised.

Lorde
30th May 2012, 6:20 PM
So we're getting more of the Gokage versus Madara fight; I knew Kishi would beat around the bush some more. I'm honestly getting tired of this fight since every time the Gokage make progress, Madara reveals some new technique. This time he revealed Susanoo's perfect form. I can't help but feel that this week's chapter was a waste of time.

Crimsonlink
30th May 2012, 7:17 PM
The chapter was good up until the reveal of Perfect Susanoo. I dunno, it was decent overall thanks to the action but Madara's Susanoo kinda ruined the effect.

gliscor&yanmega
30th May 2012, 7:39 PM

I do believe it's been established that Tobi is working with Madara, so I'm still pretty certain Edo Madara's coming back.

As for the chapter, I liked it. I want to see Zetsu again though, hoping Hoshi activates soon.

TsukiMirage
30th May 2012, 9:31 PM
Itachi's comment to Sasuke makes me a little worried we aren't gonna be told his side of the Uchiha massacre if he intends for Naruto to handle things. And while not exactly new, we once again see a genjutsu being used on top of another. Finally return to Madara vs the Gokage. Disappointed that one of the Kages haven't died yet and that we're still getting sappy speeches. But at least Madara is finally getting serious an I have to say the appearance of his prefect Susanoo looks great, better then any other Susanoo version to me. Pretty good chapter.

Charminions
30th May 2012, 9:35 PM
Was hoping for the Edo Tensei to actually, you know, get stopped this chapter, but nope. Kishi wasted time to show the kages try and fail to redeem themselves once again and show more hax from Madara.

Shneak
30th May 2012, 9:51 PM
- Kages! Yessssssssss.
- Really? You can forgive your brother, who killed your entire family, but you can't forgive the death threat led by a village three people?
- LOL at Itachi hinting at the crow.
- Yessssssssss, finally.
- When did Susanoo get the ability to have legs and be complete mobile armour?
- Haha, yes Tsunade! She has two swords stuck in her but she's still kicking it.
- God, that thing is huge. Shadow of the Susanoo.

Good chapter. Back to the most enjoyable fight so far. It made the last few weeks look sterile. I'm glad the Kages were finally able to accomplish something, but the Colossi Susanoo looks unbeatable (but Edo Tensei may be released by then.)

Lorde
30th May 2012, 9:55 PM
So I guess Itachi will die when he releases the Edo Tensei. I had hoped that he would survive, but oh well. I'm also a little mad that after the whole battle, Sasuke still hates Konoha. I thought Itachi would help change Sasuke's perception of the village, but he's still obsessed with revenge. What was the point of them fighting as a team?

Charminions
30th May 2012, 10:11 PM
I thought Itachi would help change Sasuke's perception of the village, but he's still obsessed with revenge. What was the point of them fighting as a team?

For the screaming fangirls. I didn't ever think Sasuke would change his ways because that would contradict the obvious Naruto vs. Sasuke fight that has to happen.

7 tyranitars
30th May 2012, 10:43 PM
So I guess Itachi will die when he releases the Edo Tensei. I had hoped that he would survive, but oh well. I'm also a little mad that after the whole battle, Sasuke still hates Konoha. I thought Itachi would help change Sasuke's perception of the village, but he's still obsessed with revenge. What was the point of them fighting as a team?

Perhaps this will help him get affected by naruto's talk no jutsu?

Profesco
30th May 2012, 11:39 PM
^Yeah, that's about all we should expect from this team-up.

Moreso than Tobi's moonfaced plan or Kabuto's identity crisis, this series is about Naruto and Sasuke's relationship. The final battle between the two can be nothing but no holds barred, and that can't happen if Sasuke's antagonism is resolved beforehand. In order for their fight to be legitimate and definitive, it has to be motivated by everything that has happened to each of them during the story, and that includes Sasuke's hatred for the Leaf and Naruto for defending it. If Sasuke walks into that final battle not earnestly wanting to destroy Naruto and everything he stands for, then the fight isn't going to push either of them to their limits. Plus Itachi's said more than once that he isn't going to change Sasuke, Naruto is. Naruto can't change Sasuke if somebody else already did it.

As for the Kages and Madara... whew. There's a lot going on there. It's all very good and exciting, and the Kages have a lot to be proud of, but I sure wish it wasn't so obvious that Madara isn't even breaking a sweat. These five people are supposed to be the most powerful ninja of their respective villages, the leaders of the free ninja world. And they're all working together against one guy! Granted, that guy is Madara so the Kages should have to struggle and still fare no better than non-kage ninjas, but it just looks like all they're doing is getting royally wiped by this lone zombie. Tsunade and Oonoki keep coming up again and again with this crazy inhuman power to just barely scrape past the last thing Madara put against them, but every time they do, Madara's like, "My grandma could do that without getting out of her weelchair YAWN." I don't know if the Kages are "destined" to lose this fight, but I'm not getting much of an impression that they're living up to their titles, despite Madara's (probably condescending) acknowledgement.

Platinum fan.
30th May 2012, 11:42 PM
I like how before Itachi goes Sasuke made it perfectly clear he still hates Konoha. Was he telling Itachi or the readers? I agree with The 4th Kira, what was the point of Itachi and Sasuke even teaming up if Sasuke's view on Konoha hasn't changed even a little? As far as troll Madara goes, it was actually kind of sad for me to see that defeated look on Gaara and Mei's faces before Oonoki gave his little speech. Seeing Raikage get taken down by Sharingan was also tough to see. You try to fight it as you might but the Sharingan and all it's hax powers is just to much. Good chapter though. Glad the focus shifted.

SharpedoX
31st May 2012, 12:07 AM
Despite all the adversities, it would be fitting if the Kages would be able to defeat Madara. Stopping the Edo Tensei could just be a final resort and coincide with the end of the battle. That would prove their combined strengths.

Still I'd like if at least Tsunade or Oonoki died heroically in their struggle. Would make the fight more believable.

Lorde
31st May 2012, 12:43 AM
I get the feeling that Kishi has been wanting to kill Onoki for a while now, but has changed his mind at the last minute. Onoki has been in tons of near-death situations, but he always survives. It's annoying. I agree with those who want to see Zetsu, though. I'm sure his next appearance will be his last, but at least the flashback before his death will give us more information about his past.

Joltik-Kid
31st May 2012, 1:57 AM
Eh...what can I say, the recent chapters have been decent at best...gotta wonder what's going on with Naruto and Tobi...bet they've just standing there this whole time

-Raiga-
31st May 2012, 3:01 AM
gotta wonder what's going on with Naruto and Tobi...bet they've just standing there this whole time

Didn't they hit their heads together? They're probably unconcious.

Joltik-Kid
31st May 2012, 5:31 AM
Didn't they hit their heads together? They're probably unconcious.
Nah, that was when the battle first began...right now, we left a slightly tired Naruto standing with Kakashi and Guy

7 tyranitars
31st May 2012, 11:52 AM
Lol Imagine this:

Naruto: So what now?
Tobi: We wait for the other fights to finish and the edo tensei to be canceled.
Naruto: Why?
Tobi: I don't know that seems to be the best thing to do.
Naruto: So we are just going to stand here for a few hours?
Tobi: Yes.

But seriously I think those fights all happen arround the same time.

Platinum fan.
31st May 2012, 8:18 PM
Lol Imagine this:

Naruto: So what now?
Tobi: We wait for the other fights to finish and the edo tensei to be canceled.
Naruto: Why?
Tobi: I don't know that seems to be the best thing to do.
Naruto: So we are just going to stand here for a few hours?
Tobi: Yes.

But seriously I think those fights all happen arround the same time.

And then when the standing around waiting is over we'll get a random flashback before they resume Naruto vs Tobi. And that flashback will be 5 chapters long with two long breaks in between them and we won't get real fighting until the end of 2012.

7 tyranitars
31st May 2012, 9:25 PM
And then when the standing around waiting is over we'll get a random flashback before they resume Naruto vs Tobi. And that flashback will be 5 chapters long with two long breaks in between them and we won't get real fighting until the end of 2012.

To be fair I do want to know a bit more about Tobi.

SharpedoX
31st May 2012, 10:58 PM
To be fair I do want to know a bit more about Tobi.

You and everyone else, as it should be :p

Lorde
1st June 2012, 12:01 AM
we won't get real fighting until the end of 2012.

So I guess we'll never find out how the manga ends since the world is ending this year. :p

But seriously, I do think we'll get a bunch of unnecessary flashbacks; I think most will belong to Edo Tensei'd characters right before they die again. I want a Tobi and a Zetsu flashback, but something tells me that we aren't getting any until the end of the war.

Platinum fan.
1st June 2012, 12:20 AM
So I guess we'll never find out how the manga ends since the world is ending this year. :p

But seriously, I do think we'll get a bunch of unnecessary flashbacks; I think most will belong to Edo Tensei'd characters right before they die again. I want a Tobi and a Zetsu flashback, but something tells me that we aren't getting any until the end of the war.

Drat! I would have liked to have seen so many things end before the end of the world! I at least wanted to see Sasuke see the "light" before the world ended.

As for the flashbacks, we'll probably get a Madara one, I think his character is to big to just disappear without explaining a few things like how he knows Nagato. Then they might even retell a old flashback story and reveal some secret truths like the Gaara and Itachi stories were retold. We'll learn Sasuke is part Uzumaki and Naruto is part Uchiha or something illogically insane like that XD

Remmie
2nd June 2012, 5:12 PM
Right now the fight with Tobi vs Sasuke and Itachi is still not finished. Is it ever going to end, i t's so long I'm losing interest in it. Just end it and go back to Naruto fighting and winning, show a timeskip and then end the manga. I want it to be like that, so long for God sake.

Platinum fan.
2nd June 2012, 5:25 PM
I think you mean Sasuke and Itachi vs Kabuto plus I'm in no hurry to end the manga. It still has good points that are enjoyable. No reason to complain about it. Sheesh.

Lorde
2nd June 2012, 7:42 PM
The only thing that bothers me about the manga at the moment is the shuffling of fights. Tobi's fight with Naruto and Killer Bee still hadn't concluded when the scene changed to Itachi and Sasuke meeting up in the forest. It was really annoying.

Grovyl
4th June 2012, 10:58 AM
I'm just thankful all of that Itachi and Sasuke stuff is over with. I hope Kishi keeps the focus on either Madara vs Kage or Tobi vs Naruto for now. The whole Itachi and Sasuke thing just takes too long to get past. It just drags on.. and on.. and on..

lolipiece
6th June 2012, 12:22 AM
.................THE **** IS THIS?

No, seriously? What the hell is this?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/06/02-1/naruto-road-to-ninja-sasuke-redesign-supports-movie-rumors

An alternate u....Ugh, my head.

gliscor&yanmega
6th June 2012, 12:32 AM

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/06/02-1/naruto-road-to-ninja-sasuke-redesign-supports-movie-rumors

I'm interested in it. I always like these kind of things where you can see what it would be like if this character was like this.

Haven't really been up-to-date with the movie, but I think this may be the first movie of Naruto I'll watch, just to see all these out of character characters.

Also, chapter tomorrow, can't wait.

Lorde
6th June 2012, 12:36 AM

Wow. That alternate universe Sasuke looks pretty cool. I've always wondered how Sasuke would act if he hadn't suffered so much as a child. I'm not that interested in the movie - I pretty much stopped caring for Naruto movies after the fourth one - but this is certainly different from what we've seen before.

Shneak
6th June 2012, 4:24 AM

So Guy replaced Kurenai, Hinata became a prostitute and Ino is a guy?

Crimsonlink
6th June 2012, 5:56 AM
I think the Alternate Universe Naruto is in during the movie, is awesome. Props to Tobi for making Naruto better in one genjutsu lol. Hinata is hot and Sasuke is his best friend plus Minato and Kushina are alive. Way better than the plot of Shipudden anyways.

DANdotW
6th June 2012, 10:10 AM
I haven't watched any movies other than the first Naruto movie, but I will watch this one. I'm totally looking forward to seeing everyone so different.

lolipiece
6th June 2012, 12:01 PM

Knowing cop-out Kishi, I wouldn't be surprised.

We were sorta right.

See, friggin' predictable, that Kishimoto.

7 tyranitars
6th June 2012, 12:08 PM
Chapter is out, the edo-tensei are gone. Sasuke is such an idiot.

Crimsonlink
6th June 2012, 12:51 PM
Well the chapter at least had some action and the Kabuto arc finally ended. Now we can get to the end of the war hopefully.

Shneak
6th June 2012, 1:50 PM
- The Edo Tensei Jutsu, Released! Yeah, this won't be anti-climactic.
- Oh, so it gets more haxed.
- Madara needs a megaphone.
- Deidara is still un-alive?
- I'm glad the Tobi fight is actually progressing off-screen.
- NEXT WEEK NARUTO IS ON A BREAK WTF.

Ehhh chapter. Maybe it's because the art hasn't been polished this early, but it didn't interest me. It seems pointless to have Madara's Colossi for one chapter. It was also going for emotion, but Sasuke doesn't deserve it.

gliscor&yanmega
6th June 2012, 2:41 PM
Darn you Kishi, going on a break just after Edo Tensei is released...not showing Edo Madara being released like the rest, darn you and your darn cliffhangers that make me want to pull out my hair...which is a good thing since I want to be bald...so I guess thanks are in order for this awesome cliffhanger :3

...Now just have Hoshi appear already D:

Platinum fan.
6th June 2012, 3:27 PM
Before I say anything about the chapter I just want to say this will be the first new Naruto movie I check out in a long time. A good Sasuke? The concept itself feels foreign. It's amazing that Sasuke has been more of a villain then a hero his run in the manga. This should be good. But if that movie trolls us and makes Sakura a actual awesome ninja I will scream, because they should have made the real Sakura a awesome kick*** ninja! Kinda feels like a fanfic with Naruto's parents alive, it should be interesting. Just for the record I was one of the first people on Serebi to toss in the alternate reality future/present stuff. Course I was joking and horribly at that but...

As far as the chapter goes, the final Susanoo will be Sasuke's in the Naruto fight. It will be the counterpart to his Bijuu mode thingie. Sasuke's anger and hatred will create his own final Susanoo. Sasuke still wanting to kill everyone in Konoha after his time with Itachi does not surprise me. I just hope Naruto beats the living **** out of him. I've been waiting since the start of part 2 to see Sasuke badly beaten by Naruto so I hope it delivers.

Emperor Empoleon
6th June 2012, 3:36 PM
As fun as he was to watch (TROLOL), I'm glad Madara is leaving. Hax0r. Seriously.

And after learning about Kishi's whack schedule, I'd say he needs all the breaks he can get..

End of the war should be interesting when he gets back :3

Lorde
6th June 2012, 7:26 PM
Thank goodness that the Edo Tensei was finally released. I have a feeling that Madara won't "die" since he wasn't shown again when the technique ended. Anyway, it seems all that "development" that Sasuke got wasn't real, and he's still going to fight against Naruto. I wish Kishi hadn't gotten our hopes up that Sasuke had learned a few things from Itachi.

Banana Knight Arthur
6th June 2012, 8:48 PM
Ehh.......I'm going to miss the Edo Tensei zombies. I shall reminisce fondly on these battles.

TsukiMirage
6th June 2012, 9:20 PM
While I loved the way it looked before it was stabilized, Madara's Susanoo's final look is cool too. And it's power was amazing. Love how Madara was trolling Onoki even in the past. While I was expecting Sasuke to stick to his previous path, I had kind of been hoping that Itachi wold have revealed what had actually gone down during the massacre, so we could at least know a truer version then Tobi's. Well perhaps Itachi's final act will reveal something. Was surprised to see Kimimaro and Chiyo still active, but more so to see that apparently Naruto had been fighting the Gedo Mazo off panel and had been having a hard time judging by how beat up he appeared. Gonna be interesting to see if Madara is also undone or if he somehow manages to stick around. Nice chapter.

Ver-mont
6th June 2012, 9:48 PM
As far as the chapter goes, the final Susanoo will be Sasuke's in the Naruto fight. It will be the counterpart to his Bijuu mode thingie. Sasuke's anger and hatred will create his own final Susanoo. Sasuke still wanting to kill everyone in Konoha after his time with Itachi does not surprise me. I just hope Naruto beats the living **** out of him. I've been waiting since the start of part 2 to see Sasuke badly beaten by Naruto so I hope it delivers.

Exactly. I was about to ask "Who else thinks Kishimoto introduced a final Susanoo just so Sasuke would have something to match Naruto?"

It looks very cool, though.

Thank goodness that the Edo Tensei was finally released. I have a feeling that Madara won't "die" since he wasn't shown again when the technique ended.
I hope you're right, even though I don't know how he could remain. It would be just too anticlimactic for him to simply pop out in the middle of the fight, leaving the battle without a resolution.

Shneak
6th June 2012, 10:08 PM
They can't beat him though. I don't know how it will end, because this definitely won't be his final appearance.

multi-scale
6th June 2012, 10:09 PM
How overpowered can Madara get. Seriously, I'm hoping he survives the end of the Edo Tensei and Hashirama comes and kicks his ***.

Lorde
7th June 2012, 12:09 AM
I hope you're right, even though I don't know how he could remain. It would be just too anticlimactic for him to simply pop out in the middle of the fight, leaving the battle without a resolution.

He'll probably reveal some hax jutsu that lets him escape Edo Tensei's influence. Maybe Izanagi or some brand-new jutsu based on another Japanese kami. All his techniques so far have been incredibly broken, but considering his importance, I think we'll see more of him.

Ver-mont
7th June 2012, 12:11 AM
He'll probably reveal some hax jutsu that lets him escape Edo Tensei's influence. Maybe Izanagi or some brand-new jutsu based on another Japanese kami.

Well, the Sharingan is already so broken and full of absurd abilities that it wouldn't even come as a surprise anymore. That works.

Crimsonlink
7th June 2012, 12:49 AM
Naruto looked really beaten up at the end of the chapter. Would explain how he gets trapped in the Genjutsu for the movie. Also Kishi is taking a break for next week. So thats 6 chapters until the movie releases in Japan. (Movie release date is 7/28/12) In those 6 chapters Kishi needs to bring Sakura to the battlefield and then get them both in a Genjutsu. Well that is if Kishi plans to connect the movie to the manga at least.

Platinum fan.
7th June 2012, 1:35 AM
They can't beat him though. I don't know how it will end, because this definitely won't be his final appearance.

I kinda agree. It feels like Madara's hax powers were made just to hype up the Uchiha bloodline which will be handed down to Sasuke in the final showdown. I would actually be surprised if they have the kages beat Madara's perfect Susanoo since they'll probably have Sasuke have it and have Naruto be the hero to find a way to destroy Susanoo. If the kages do it they can just tell Naruto how to destroy it, rather then Naruto figuring it out himself.

lolipiece
7th June 2012, 1:53 AM
This entire thing was stupid.

Sure, releasing the Edo whatever is good and all, and I'm glad to see them gone...

But, what about Dan? What about Chiyo?

We need some closure for those characters. Maybe give Sakura a battle? (Hah, nope)

arceus03
7th June 2012, 2:18 AM
We were sorta right.

See, friggin' predictable, that Kishimoto.

We didn't really see Madara got... released though.

"I can still... make it"
What? Touch Sasuke's forehead again?

Joltik-Kid
7th June 2012, 5:08 AM
Oh great, finally something happens worthwhile...and we have to wait a whole week since it's on break next week >:/

TsukiMirage
7th June 2012, 5:09 AM
He'll probably reveal some hax jutsu that lets him escape Edo Tensei's influence. Maybe Izanagi or some brand-new jutsu based on another Japanese kami. All his techniques so far have been incredibly broken, but considering his importance, I think we'll see more of him. Given that we were told long ago how the Rinnegan had control over life and death, that's where I'm expecting it to come from.

I kinda agree. It feels like Madara's hax powers were made just to hype up the Uchiha bloodline which will be handed down to Sasuke in the final showdown. I would actually be surprised if they have the kages beat Madara's perfect Susanoo since they'll probably have Sasuke have it and have Naruto be the hero to find a way to destroy Susanoo. If the kages do it they can just tell Naruto how to destroy it, rather then Naruto figuring it out himself. Probably not, since odds are that Sasuke won't be gaining the Rinnegan, which is where any possible hax ability will come from.

Lorde
7th June 2012, 5:27 AM
It was satisfying to see that Tobi was surprised by the Edo Tensei's release. And at least now Naruto and Killer Bee don't have to worry about the Edo jinchuriki getting in their way.

Joltik-Kid
7th June 2012, 5:34 AM
It was satisfying to see that Tobi was surprised by the Edo Tensei's release. And at least now Naruto and Killer Bee don't have to worry about the Edo jinchuriki getting in their way.
The edo Jinchuriki were pretty much taken care off after they lost the chakra rods

Shneak
7th June 2012, 12:45 PM
Didn't Tobi recall the jinchuriki? Why would he release them again with no control?

SharpedoX
7th June 2012, 7:53 PM
Thank goodness that the Edo Tensei was finally released. I have a feeling that Madara won't "die" since he wasn't shown again when the technique ended. Anyway, it seems all that "development" that Sasuke got wasn't real, and he's still going to fight against Naruto. I wish Kishi hadn't gotten our hopes up that Sasuke had learned a few things from Itachi.

You know, I was thinking something along these lines. Showing this insane power level on Madara's behalf just before he dissolves would be incredibly anti-climatic. The battle seriously needs some sort of closure. Maybe Tobi will feel overpowered and flee and Naruto and Killer Bee come to the Kages' aid? Can't see no one else to take the job.

TsukiMirage
7th June 2012, 7:58 PM
Didn't Tobi recall the jinchuriki? Why would he release them again with no control? He recalled the Bijuu, not the Jinchuuriki. Tobi lost his hold over them once their control rods were taken.

Locormus
8th June 2012, 2:41 AM
You know, I was thinking something along these lines. Showing this insane power level on Madara's behalf just before he dissolves would be incredibly anti-climatic. The battle seriously needs some sort of closure. Maybe Tobi will feel overpowered and flee and Naruto and Killer Bee come to the Kages' aid? Can't see no one else to take the job.

That would be awesome, nice turn of events on Tobi.. But still, this manga needs to end, and he can't run forever... There's like two, maybe three matchups left:
- Naruto vs. Tobi
- Naruto vs. Sasuke
- (Naruto and Bee +Kage's vs. Madara)

Or it could be switched around and it's Naruto vs. Sasuke with no winner, and then double teaming Tobi. Eitherway, I can see Naruto ending in 2013... Same with Bleach by the way, if not sooner...

He recalled the Bijuu, not the Jinchuuriki. Tobi lost his hold over them once their control rods were taken.

Didn't Naruto take the power of the bijuu as well? What happened there? I can't fully recall...

Lorde
8th June 2012, 3:04 AM

I guess someone else will have to stop Madara since the Gokage are cornered. I don't think Naruto and Killer Bee will help though. Tobi wouldn't just run away when he's this close to capturing them. I can't think of anyone else who would be able to stop Madara, unless Yamato miraculously arrives and uses Mokuton to seal him or something.

JSteele
8th June 2012, 3:56 AM
an appearance of Yamato would be awesome beyond words

stevendat
8th June 2012, 8:18 AM
Wait somebody refresh my memory about Yamato. Wasn't he captured by Kabuto or Madara at some point while they were on the turtle?

Ver-mont
8th June 2012, 8:22 AM
Wait somebody refresh my memory about Yamato. Wasn't he captured by Kabuto or Madara at some point while they were on the turtle?

Yes, he was captured by Kabuto. Last time we saw him, he was still unconscious in Tobi's hideout.

TsukiMirage
8th June 2012, 9:15 AM
Didn't Naruto take the power of the bijuu as well? What happened there? I can't fully recall... Naruto was given something by the Bijuu, but we weren't told what. The Bijuus themselves were taken back in by the Gedo Mazo afterward.

Lorde
8th June 2012, 5:50 PM
Naruto was given something by the Bijuu, but we weren't told what. The Bijuus themselves were taken back in by the Gedo Mazo afterward.

So I guess it's safe to assume that Tobi will have to use his own jutsu plus the Rinnegan's abilities now that he's resealed the Bijuu. I'm looking forward to it.

SharpedoX
8th June 2012, 11:00 PM
No matter how awesome a last minute appearance of Yamato would be, it won't do any good considering Madara's sheer power.

I wonder what's going to happen next. We're given small hints of what's to happen next chapter yet we've stumbled upon a crossroads or such.

TsukiMirage
9th June 2012, 1:00 AM
So I guess it's safe to assume that Tobi will have to use his own jutsu plus the Rinnegan's abilities now that he's resealed the Bijuu. I'm looking forward to it. From the glimpse we got this chapter, looks like Tobi is having the Gedo Mazo itself fight for him.

Heartlessangel17
9th June 2012, 5:30 AM
Is it just me, or does Madara Uchiha seem...a little over powered? I mean c'mon, yeah he was one of the most powerful ninja in the world, but claiming that the Bijuu couldn't penetrate his Susanoo? Sure, now he has the cells of the first in him, giving him a boost, but I still think Madara is WAY overpowered.

Anyone else hoping that Tobi's identity is revealed within the next few chapters?

TsukiMirage
9th June 2012, 8:15 AM
Madara didn't say a Bijuu couldn't penetrate it, he said a Bijuu could stand against it, and given the size and power, that's pretty believable. After all, if the Raikage and Kazekage can each take on a Bijuu alone, I'm sure Madara can do just as well. Not that it changes that he's is pretty overpowered.

As for Tobi, maybe. It's one of the last major mysteries of the series left, though Kishi could end up doing like he's been doing and leaving the info for the next databook.

Lorde
9th June 2012, 7:40 PM
Is it just me, or does Madara Uchiha seem...a little over powered? I mean c'mon, yeah he was one of the most powerful ninja in the world, but claiming that the Bijuu couldn't penetrate his Susanoo? Sure, now he has the cells of the first in him, giving him a boost, but I still think Madara is WAY overpowered.

Anyone else hoping that Tobi's identity is revealed within the next few chapters?

He's incredibly overpowered, and not in an entertaining sort of way like Sosuke Aizen from Bleach. Madara is just too much. I don't like that his advanced Susanoo has power that is on-par with the Bijuu; first Kisame was on-par with them, and now Madara's Susanoo too? The Bijuu are being made to look incredibly average these days.

As for Tobi, I don't expect him to remove his mask until the last chapters.

Locormus
9th June 2012, 11:15 PM
an appearance of Yamato would be awesome beyond words

Oh god I'd laugh so hard. I want Anko back! :'(

Naruto was given something by the Bijuu, but we weren't told what. The Bijuus themselves were taken back in by the Gedo Mazo afterward.

Ah. Ambiguity, I love it. It's not as if this manga is going to last until 2014, so it won't last long.

From the glimpse we got this chapter, looks like Tobi is having the Gedo Mazo itself fight for him.

And Gedo is loooking tired! :P And Naruto as well.. Means that this fight might not last as long as we might think.

The thing that interested me most was Itachi's desire to repeat his gesture. I wonder whether Sasuke is going to allow him to do it.

I do hope so. It's one of the last few remaining things Kishi has to do. So let him do it. Fast.

He's incredibly overpowered, and not in an entertaining sort of way like Sosuke Aizen from Bleach. Madara is just too much. I don't like that his advanced Susanoo has power that is on-par with the Bijuu; first Kisame was on-par with them, and now Madara's Susanoo too? The Bijuu are being made to look incredibly average these days.

As for Tobi, I don't expect him to remove his mask until the last chapters.

Oh come on, if Kisame of all characters is on par with a bijuu, then hell, Madara should be stronger then the bijuu!

The strength of the bijuu is defined by their strength when used right. Kisame might be as strong as Shukaku if it were wild, but I doubt that he's as strong as the five tails in the jinchuriki...

As for being overpowered. Give him a break, he is an undead Uchiha. They're undefeatable! In fact, they're near undefeatable when alive. And then we're also still talking about the head honcho of the Uchiha clan, who we have known to be in a class of his own for the entire manga. Who we've known is capable of changing the landscape drastically. And now he's boosted by whatever Kabuto did, and he has unlimited supply of chakra/life. No wonder he can summon freaking meteorites. Sure, it's in another scale of fighting, but it's not something that I found obtrusivily hindering.

Platinum fan.
10th June 2012, 5:54 AM
Bijuu's? Who needs Bijuu's when you have Sharingan and it's love child the Rinnegan? It's why Madara is untouchable and the most broken character in this entire series so far. Yes I still dislike how Rinnegan was made to be yet another Uchiha tool. I will always dislike it but anyway, Bijuu's were actually cool in part 1. Nowadays guys can obtain Bijuu chakra by being eaten by a Bijuu. So screw actually having one sealed inside you and living a life of cruelty and being shunned, if you get eaten by a Bijuu and it doesn't chew you up, you can obtain the same Bijuu chakra as the Bijuu itself and even transform without the sob story Naruto and Gaara went through. Tobi should have just done that and gotten all the Bijuu chakra. Sure he would have to be eaten 9 times but hey if it gets the job done. It's not like a Bijuu can digest you or anything.

Lorde
10th June 2012, 7:38 PM
Why anyone would defend Madara is beyond me. There's only so many hax jutsu I can tolerate before I start hating a character (this is exactly why I can't stand Sasuke anymore, and why Itachi made me want to pull my hair out in the recent chapters). I'm kind of glad that most of the Uchiha clan was wiped out; can you imagine what the manga would be like if we had an army of Sharingan running around? The very thought makes me shudder.

Charminions
10th June 2012, 8:25 PM
Considering how the majority of the Uchiha didn't have the Sharingan, and there were even fewer with the 3 Tomoe, and next to none with the MS, it wouldn't be much of a problem if the Uchiha clan wasn't destroyed.

But I still agree that Madara is way too broken. All 5 kages together would mark the greatest team up in Naruto history, and Madara is treating them like test dummies. I know he's THE Madara Uchiha, but still. I wouldn't mind it if the fight was even throughout.

Platinum fan.
10th June 2012, 10:20 PM
As of now Naruto and Sasuke would probably be the ultimate team up, I mean with Bijuu and Sharingan they probably could take down the current Gokages in a five on two battle. The future generation starts with them, hopefully the other Konoha kids can catch up in the distant future. This war could have been the stomping grounds for the young folks to make names for themselves and so far only Shikamaru, Choji, and Ino have done anything on panel from the Konoha eleven kids. Neji, Tenten, Hinata, Kiba, Shino, and Lee have been fighting mostly off panel and Sakura has been stuck in her lame stereotype female nurse job.

As far as Madara goes, he is so broken that I actually would be somewhat disappointed if the Gokage actually do manage to defeat or seal him. Because so far none of them have shown to be anywhere near as good as this uber hax and for them to magically beat him when they can barely touch him would be insanely forced. Just have him disappear with the Edo Tensei's. Madara Uchiha...the real reason the elders wanted the Uchiha's dead.

Lorde
12th June 2012, 6:57 PM
I've given up on the other guys (Kiba, Shino, Hinata, etc.). I just don't think they're relevant anymore. They'll probably arrive late at the scene of the fight, and they'll have to organize a search party for Killer Bee, who I strongly believe will be captured by Tobi in order for the Hachibi to be sealed away.

Ver-mont
12th June 2012, 7:09 PM
I've given up on the other guys (Kiba, Shino, Hinata, etc.). I just don't think they're relevant anymore. They'll probably arrive late at the scene of the fight, and they'll have to organize a search party for Killer Bee, who I strongly believe will be captured by Tobi in order for the Hachibi to be sealed away.

Me too, and that's a shame, I'd like to see more of Kiba and Hinata in action.

SharpedoX
13th June 2012, 5:35 PM
There's a chapter this week, isn't there?

arceus03
13th June 2012, 5:54 PM
Nope, it's on a break.

Banana Knight Arthur
13th June 2012, 6:29 PM
Nope, it's on a break.

What I don't get is why certain mangaka take excessive breaks. Kishimoto is not one of these people, but other mangaka, like Kubo.

They have, well most have teams of 4-6 folk who help them draw the pages/polish and edit, so why do some require or take so many breaks?

Lorde
13th June 2012, 6:32 PM
Me too, and that's a shame, I'd like to see more of Kiba and Hinata in action.

I absolutely loathe them to be honest. I used to like Hinata because I thought she was going to have her big moment during the Pain arc, but she got hurt, and then all Hell broke loose. She's useless. And I've never cared much for Kiba; he was like a second rival for Naruto during Part 1 who was completely forgotten when Part 2 started.

7 tyranitars
13th June 2012, 7:23 PM
Nope, it's on a break.

And no episode either.

Crimsonlink
14th June 2012, 12:24 AM
What I don't get is why certain mangaka take excessive breaks. Kishimoto is not one of these people, but other mangaka, like Kubo.

They have, well most have teams of 4-6 folk who help them draw the pages/polish and edit, so why do some require or take so many breaks?

Whoa there I don't like what you are saying here. Oda took a 3 month break once and he was sick another time. Same with Kubo, Kishi and most other mangakas. All mangaka work hard to meet deadlines as drawing and fixing 17+ pages of work takes a long time. Nearly their whole life is given to draw manga and some of them aren't as successful as the Big 3.

Its bad enough most people on the Internet read manga for free and never buy to support the industry but to complain that they take excessive breaks is going too far.

I dunno what wrong Kubo has done to you but he does not deserve the comment you made nor does any author. I'm one to always keep my cool but man did you piss me off.

arceus03
14th June 2012, 1:33 AM

I'd say they have a life too.

And idk, but most times the reason I see is that "the author will be collecting data" or something to that extent.

And no episode either.

Eh, really?

Its bad enough most people on the Internet read manga for free and never buy to support the industry but to complain that they take excessive breaks is going too far.

*feels guilty* Yup, you're right. And in some cases, well, the manga can be like very complex to think up of the plot, like Conan, but let's not bring other manga in here :P

7 tyranitars
14th June 2012, 11:44 AM
Whoa there I don't like what you are saying here. Oda took a 3 month break once and he was sick another time. Same with Kubo, Kishi and most other mangakas. All mangaka work hard to meet deadlines as drawing and fixing 17+ pages of work takes a long time. Nearly their whole life is given to draw manga and some of them aren't as successful as the Big 3.

I dunno what wrong Kubo has done to you but he does not deserve the comment you made nor does any author. I'm one to always keep my cool but man did you piss me off.

Too bad for some people here Manga isn't available in the stores.

Crimsonlink
14th June 2012, 1:04 PM
Too bad for some people here Manga isn't available in the stores.

Yes and thats understandable but the people who can buy the manga and anime in their countries don't do it. One of the reasons Tokyopop went under along with a few others.

Platinum fan.
14th June 2012, 4:18 PM
Yes and thats understandable but the people who can buy the manga and anime in their countries don't do it. One of the reasons Tokyopop went under along with a few others.

I do. The internet does not stop me from buying and supporting all the manga's I love reading. I currently have Naruto volumes 1-56 to show my support for the series and plan on buying 57 when it is available to me. If a Manga series is one I love I will support it and buy all the volumes.

Lorde
14th June 2012, 8:28 PM
So anyways, Naruto. As things stand, I don't think he has any jutsu that could defeat Tobi, so I'm starting to worry that he'll have to train again before he fights him. Hopefully "that jutsu" is the answer to our prayers.

Crimsonlink
14th June 2012, 10:00 PM
So anyways, Naruto. As things stand, I don't think he has any jutsu that could defeat Tobi, so I'm starting to worry that he'll have to train again before he fights him. Hopefully "that jutsu" is the answer to our prayers.

What jutsu? The one Jiraiya mentioned when Naruto came back from training and we never heard of it again?

arceus03
14th June 2012, 10:14 PM
What jutsu? The one Jiraiya mentioned when Naruto came back from training and we never heard of it again?

I was thinking of the tailed beast ball but that one isn't really so special on its own. Maybe a tailed beast ball-enhanced Rasenshuriken?

Lorde
15th June 2012, 12:10 AM

He also mentioned it when he was talking to Gerotora right before he went to fight Pain. I thought maybe the Bijuu Ball was the jutsu that was being hinted at, but something tells me that the jutsu is something Minato developed prior to his death (probably not the Rasengan either though).

stevendat
15th June 2012, 9:09 AM
Well if a jutsu is needed then I hope it's the flash step he used when trying to get away from the raikage. I mean he only used it once, though it could have been a have been a lucky incedent, and it was never seen again. So far what's been the only ways that madara has actually been hit? The paper bombs from Konan and the fourth's teleport rasengan but other than that I can't remember if anyone else has been able too.

sam40400
15th June 2012, 9:30 AM
So, is Madara gone forever? I would've liked to see a full fledged battle between him and the kages.

Shadow Lucario
15th June 2012, 1:11 PM
I doubt Madara is gone. I'm sure Kishi would have shown him vanishing with the other zombies especially since he was about to murk the Kages hardcore. If Madara is this strong how strong was Hashirama? And if Hashirama is even stronger than Madara, how strong was Hiruzen???

Crimsonlink
15th June 2012, 1:17 PM
I doubt Madara is gone. I'm sure Kishi would have shown him vanishing with the other zombies especially since he was about to murk the Kages hardcore. If Madara is this strong how strong was Hashirama? And if Hashirama is even stronger than Madara, how strong was Hiruzen???

That fight Hiruzen had with Hashirama and Tobirama was staged and Hiruzen had plot power on his side. The 2 hokages were brought back at their prime vs Hiruzen who was old as hell and less powerful. Not to mention the 2 hokages barely did anything except counter Hiruzen's jutsus and get a few punches in on him.

Lorde
16th June 2012, 4:59 AM
Well if a jutsu is needed then I hope it's the flash step he used when trying to get away from the raikage. I mean he only used it once, though it could have been a have been a lucky incedent, and it was never seen again. So far what's been the only ways that madara has actually been hit? The paper bombs from Konan and the fourth's teleport rasengan but other than that I can't remember if anyone else has been able too.

You mean Tobi? Even if Naruto learned to be faster, I doubt it would make a difference. Tobi's not going to let his guard down again so easily, so speed jutsu may not work. I think Naruto's going to have to learn a way to disable Tobi's Sharingan/Rinnegan, thereby stopping his teleportation technique, Izanagi, and any other hax dōjutsu Tobi can use.

stevendat
16th June 2012, 9:42 AM
You mean Tobi? Even if Naruto learned to be faster, I doubt it would make a difference. Tobi's not going to let his guard down again so easily, so speed jutsu may not work. I think Naruto's going to have to learn a way to disable Tobi's Sharingan/Rinnegan, thereby stopping his teleportation technique, Izanagi, and any other hax dōjutsu Tobi can use.

yeah I got the name mixed up I think. And you're right the teleport/phasing will need to be stopped. My guess is from the fouth being able to hit tobi with his speedy movements and Naruto had a slight hint at being able to use it so it would be nice it he got a upgrade in that area sometime soon.

7 tyranitars
16th June 2012, 10:32 AM
I think Tobi has more interesting techs up his sleeve then his teleport jutsu.

Lorde
16th June 2012, 6:31 PM
I think Tobi has more interesting techs up his sleeve then his teleport jutsu.

I'm sure he does, and I think we can all agree that they'll be hax techniques, just like every other Sharingan/Rinnegan jutsu. Kishi really needs to balance out the dōjutsu.

Shadow Lucario
17th June 2012, 10:56 AM
That fight Hiruzen had with Hashirama and Tobirama was staged and Hiruzen had plot power on his side. The 2 hokages were brought back at their prime vs Hiruzen who was old as hell and less powerful. Not to mention the 2 hokages barely did anything except counter Hiruzen's jutsus and get a few punches in on him.

Hiruzen has been said to be the strongest Hokage and was known as the God of Shinobi. You don't get that title for nothing.

Lorde
17th June 2012, 7:07 PM
Hiruzen has been said to be the strongest Hokage and was known as the God of Shinobi. You don't get that title for nothing.

The same thing was said about Minato at some point (in the databooks I believe), minus the "God of Shinobi" thing. The only thing I liked about Hiruzen is that he was Hokage for a long time, and that he was powerful enough to survive a fight with Hashirama and Tobirama. It's too bad that he died sealing Orochimaru a little while later.

TsukiMirage
17th June 2012, 7:31 PM
Hiruzen has been said to be the strongest Hokage and was known as the God of Shinobi. You don't get that title for nothing. He was called such because he supposedly knew all the techniques in Konoha. But don't forget, we know learnt that Hashirama's strength was considered just a myth, so people didn't actually believe that Hashirama could do all this, thus he was made weaker then he actually was.

Shneak
17th June 2012, 8:48 PM
Considering Hashirama defeated Madara, and Madara is molesting five Kages, then Hiruzen looks pretty underwhelming.

arceus03
17th June 2012, 8:50 PM
The same thing was said about Minato at some point (in the databooks I believe), minus the "God of Shinobi" thing. The only thing I liked about Hiruzen is that he was Hokage for a long time, and that he was powerful enough to survive a fight with Hashirama and Tobirama. It's too bad that he died sealing Orochimaru a little while later.

I saw that on TVTropes... All the 4 Hokage are sealed inside the shinigami's belly. With Orochimaru's arms. Forever.

That aside, when was it said that Hiruzen is the god of shinobi? In the databook?