PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105

Shadow Lucario
17th June 2012, 10:06 PM
I saw that on TVTropes... All the 4 Hokage are sealed inside the shinigami's belly. With Orochimaru's arms. Forever.

That aside, when was it said that Hiruzen is the god of shinobi? In the databook?

I'm pretty sure that people have mentioned it in part one. I know Minato was said to be the best in his generation but not the strongest Hokage. We've never seen Hiruzen fight in his prime and Enma did say that his fight with Orochimaru was miserable compared to him fighting in his prime.

@Tsuki He was called the Professor for his mastery of all Konoha techniques. He was called God of Shinobi for his strength.

TsukiMirage
18th June 2012, 1:30 AM
Supposedly knowing all those techniques was his strength. The point remains that him becoming old wouldn't have meant some sort of major drop in power. We've seen several ninjas past their prime still preform like pros. The fact that all the hype for Hiruzen was back in Part One and he's no longer being mentioned in Part Two says quite a bit.

Joltik-Kid
18th June 2012, 4:34 AM
Oh geez, not the Hokage thing again... can we just all agree that all of them are powerful in their own way...seeing as the characters will forever be shifting their stories. First the third, then the fourth and now the first...

Shadow Lucario
18th June 2012, 10:37 AM
Supposedly knowing all those techniques was his strength. The point remains that him becoming old wouldn't have meant some sort of major drop in power. We've seen several ninjas past their prime still preform like pros. The fact that all the hype for Hiruzen was back in Part One and he's no longer being mentioned in Part Two says quite a bit.

I doubt that. He was skilled in all forms of combat, not just Ninjutsu. Him becoming old would have made him weaker and slower since he was probably the oldest character in the series. Not many characters have shown that much strength past their prime, especially when they're a good fifty years past it. Sakumo is barely mentioned at all. Doesn't mean he wasn't a great ninja. Minato was hardly mentioned in part one. Says a lot huh?

-Raiga-
18th June 2012, 1:37 PM
Oh geez, not the Hokage thing again... can we just all agree that all of them are powerful in their own way...seeing as the characters will forever be shifting their stories. First the third, then the fourth and now the first...

I agree, its something that only a a final databook or mention of in a chapter, can really set straight. Honestly its more interesting to me not knowing, the characters are there to be interesting, not in some kind of grand ranking.

TsukiMirage
18th June 2012, 4:24 PM
I doubt that. He was skilled in all forms of combat, not just Ninjutsu. Him becoming old would have made him weaker and slower since he was probably the oldest character in the series. Not many characters have shown that much strength past their prime, especially when they're a good fifty years past it. Sakumo is barely mentioned at all. Doesn't mean he wasn't a great ninja. Minato was hardly mentioned in part one. Says a lot huh? The techniques of Konoha wouldn't have just fallen under the category of ninjutsu, there would have been taijutsu and genjutsu too. Danzo was just as old while Onoki and Chiyo were older, and none of them were slowed or weaken with time. In fact, apart from a few comical back problems, Onoki has been able to keep up with the younger Kages this whole war without much trouble. Sakumo is a whole other weird issue, because it was merely a single mention that even hyped him up. And not really. Minato may have been mentioned only a few times, but those mentions did what was needed and the important thing is that the mentioning of him continued into Part Two. Sarutoi and his hype completely stopped at Part Two, actually it stopped a little after his death but the point is that since Part Two has started, we have had Minato, Tobirama, and Hashirama all hyped up without a word about Sarutobi's power anymore.

Lorde
18th June 2012, 5:12 PM

It's not really our fault that Kishi has called Hiruzen, Hashirama and Minato "the strongest Hokage." If Kishi had been more consistent with that title we wouldn't be having this debate. But I honestly don't see why discussing it is taboo; at least it's a civil discussion.

Crimsonlink
18th June 2012, 9:33 PM
I doubt that. He was skilled in all forms of combat, not just Ninjutsu. Him becoming old would have made him weaker and slower since he was probably the oldest character in the series. Not many characters have shown that much strength past their prime, especially when they're a good fifty years past it. Sakumo is barely mentioned at all. Doesn't mean he wasn't a great ninja. Minato was hardly mentioned in part one. Says a lot huh?

Hiruzen himself said that if Minato was alive that Orochimaru wouldn't dare attack Konoha or was it Anko.

Shneak
19th June 2012, 4:07 AM

When we have a chapter drought, we tend to repeat things.

TsukiMirage
19th June 2012, 5:59 AM
I guess we could always make predictions on the next chapter...

I got the feeling that Madara will disappear too, as there really isn't any way to allow the Kages to win after all that has been shown. And we're probably get a glimpse of the aftermath between Sasuke and Itachi.

Crimsonlink
19th June 2012, 6:10 AM

I got the feeling that Madara will disappear too, as there really isn't any way to allow the Kages to win after all that has been shown. And we're probably get a glimpse of the aftermath between Sasuke and Itachi.

Izanagi, pretends that he is alive again, continues to troll the kages.

Shadow Lucario
19th June 2012, 9:48 AM
I don't know if Madara will disappear. It seems kinda an important one to show disappearing in the last chapter, yet we didn't see him start to disappear. We'll see tomorrow exactly what happened with him.

Lorde
19th June 2012, 4:49 PM
Izanagi, pretends that he is alive again, continues to troll the kages.

Izanagi is a given. I'm starting to think that the jutsu shouldn't have been created to begin with; it's much too convenient. The Senju clan is starting to look really basic in comparison to the Uchiha clan. I can't even imagine how strong characters like Izuna were.

Shneak
19th June 2012, 9:14 PM
Wouldn't Izanagi defying the release of Edo Tensei break a ton of laws? It seems like it would.

Shadow Lucario
19th June 2012, 10:10 PM
Wouldn't Izanagi defying the release of Edo Tensei break a ton of laws? It seems like it would.

Yeah, I doubt he would use that as a way to keep Madara out. And Izanagi seems like one of those Jutsus that won't make many appearances.

TsukiMirage
19th June 2012, 11:18 PM
I suppose Izanagi could be used, but using Izanagi would mean Madara would be losing one of his eyes. That actually could weaken him enough for the Kages or whoever else comes in to manage the win.

Crimsonlink
19th June 2012, 11:53 PM
I suppose Izanagi could be used, but using Izanagi would mean Madara would be losing one of his eyes. That actually could weaken him enough for the Kages or whoever else comes in to manage the win.

Izanagi is so broken that Kishi doesn't even realize it himself. Madara could use 1 eye for Izanagi and then use the other eye to get both his eyes back. Then again Madara has the Rinnegan which supposedly allows you to use Izanagi without losing your eye.

Platinum fan.
19th June 2012, 11:58 PM
Uchiha stuff in general is broken. Madara just makes the brokeness even more broken. I'd love to see how the 1st Hokage actually beat Madara.

Lorde
20th June 2012, 12:02 AM

Laws don't exist when you're an Uchiha. In theory, Madara should be able to use Izanagi to escape the Edo Tensei. He might lose an eye in the process, but someone as powerful as him probably wouldn't have much to worry about; I bet he could defeat the Gokage with his eyes closed and his hands tied behind his back.

stevendat
20th June 2012, 1:35 AM

He definitely needs to be gone after this. I mean unless he created a technique to keep himself alive with the eo justu AFTER the edo tensei was created years after he died (if that's right). What I'm wondering is what is Itachi doing when he said he could still make it even though he is already starting to dissapear.

Shneak
20th June 2012, 2:56 AM
Laws don't exist when you're an Uchiha. In theory, Madara should be able to use Izanagi to escape the Edo Tensei. He might lose an eye in the process, but someone as powerful as him probably wouldn't have much to worry about; I bet he could defeat the Gokage with his eyes closed and his hands tied behind his back.

I guess so. Wouldn't he be able to regenerate his eye though? (Unless he's actually alive again.)

If that doesn't happen, I'm literally expecting Tobi to reincarnate Madara through his own body.

arceus03
20th June 2012, 10:40 AM
Hweee. Madara is gone.

And some more light on Itachi's history. Which makes me hate Danzo even more >_>

That aside, nothing else much really happened. I guess finally we'll see Naruto's fight next chapter, eh? Seeing that the fights at other places have been resolved.

SharpedoX
20th June 2012, 11:44 AM
Then again Madara has the Rinnegan which supposedly allows you to use Izanagi without losing your eye.

Where has this been stated?

Very nice chapter. Itachi is the best brother Sasuke could ask for. His actions were astounding. Now the Uchiha massacre got some (hopefully definite) closure. Madara seems to be affected by the Edo Tensei's release and everything points out that Tobi's fight is next chapter.

Overall, I'm eager to see how this plays out. The manga has really improved.

Shadow Lucario
20th June 2012, 12:00 PM
Where has this been stated?

It's more of an assumed thing I think. Because the Sage of the Six Paths used Izanagi and never lost an eye.

Great chapter I think. Not much happened, but we learned more about Itachi and that's always good. Now he pulled Sasuke closer instead of pushing him away like he always did.

7 tyranitars
20th June 2012, 2:33 PM
Such a touching chapter. It is nice to see what happened from Itachi's point of view and how hard it must have been for him to kill his own family.

Shneak
20th June 2012, 4:29 PM
- And IIIIIIIIIIII, will alwayssss love youuuuuuuuu!
- "A, I think we're f*cked." "Shut up, Mei."
- No, you can't just pull out your eye. Nobody does that.
- So, did Itachi actually leave Sasuke alive to get back at the Leaf hierarchy?
- Never mind. Danzo shot his own foot.
- :(

Not as exciting as I was expecting, but I hope it changes Sasuke.

multi-scale
20th June 2012, 4:30 PM
I thought the chapter was boring, I was hoping for a Naruto vs. Tobi chapter. This whole Sasuke-Itachi thing is finally over with, although I'm not sure what Sasuke will do now.
Madara probably will find a way to escape the Edo Tensei, there has been far too much buildup of his powers, and his disappearing would be way to convenient for the Kages.
I wish we could see Hashirama. He must have had a ton of powers we don't know about if he could beat the meteors and perfect Susano'o and such (although it is possible that Hashirama's DNA is drastically boosting Madara's original power, so he might not have had all these hax moves when fighting against Hashirama.)
Is anyone else still mad that we missed Dan' Ghost Transformation technique?

Lorde
20th June 2012, 5:30 PM
So is Madara really gone? Because it seemed like his soul was returning to the afterlife, but we didn't get an actual conclusion to that. Anyway, I really like this week's chapter. It was slow and full of flashback scenes, but it was very emotional. I almost cried when Itachi told Sasuke that he would love him no matter what path he chose.

uber gon
20th June 2012, 5:37 PM
Uchiha stuff in general is broken. Madara just makes the brokeness even more broken. I'd love to see how the 1st Hokage actually beat Madara.

Hashirama is really Chuck Norris?

gliscor&yanmega
20th June 2012, 8:35 PM
I enjoyed this chapter. Not really sure what to expect next.

Simia
20th June 2012, 8:38 PM
I think this chapter was kind of a waste. I mean I don't care about Sasuke and we pretty knew what had happened.

TsukiMirage
20th June 2012, 9:02 PM
Looks like Madara will be disappearing too, though there is still time for him to possibly act to counter it. Great that we finally get confirmation on what went down with the massacre. As I was guessing, Tobi was mostly telling the truth about what had went down. It was interesting to see Koharu mention their intentions to "steal political power", and Danzo being the one to offer to spare Sasuke for Itachi. He was clearly doing it for leverage, but it's still interesting to see. Even the comment by his father seems to shown that everyone knew how much Itachi cared for Sasuke. Speaking of which, the way their parents went out was touching. Same for the ending with Itachi's goodbye to Sasuke. Great chapter.

7 tyranitars
20th June 2012, 10:27 PM
So is Madara really gone? Because it seemed like his soul was returning to the afterlife, but we didn't get an actual conclusion to that. Anyway, I really like this week's chapter. It was slow and full of flashback scenes, but it was very emotional. I almost cried when Itachi told Sasuke that he would love him no matter what path he chose.

I had that when I saw Itachi's tears when he was about to kill his parents :C.

gliscor&yanmega
20th June 2012, 10:44 PM
I think this chapter was kind of a waste. I mean I don't care about Sasuke and we pretty knew what had happened.

Well you not caring about Sasuke doesn't really mean much to the chapter being a waste. Also, while we knew what happened, we didn't know of the exact details, and this chapter did show Itachi being far more regretful over what he had to do(I certainly was shocked to see Itachi crying and all shaken up about killing his parents, really gives me a new look on what happened).

While the chapter did go over Itachi killing his clans, it still gave us some new stuff from it, plus there was other stuff going on in the chapter.

Lorde
20th June 2012, 10:50 PM

I kind of agree. The Shisui part of the flashback was redundant; we already knew everything about that scene because Itachi talked about it when he used Shisui's MS technique. Same goes for the Konoha elders scene. Kishi should have given us something new instead of beating around the bush. Still, the scenes where Itachi was about to kill his parents was great. I was surprised that they made peace with their fates; I like them more because of it.

I had that when I saw Itachi's tears when he was about to kill his parents :C.

Yeah, that part was sad too.

Platinum fan.
21st June 2012, 1:05 AM
This weeks chapter for ole Platinum fan was alright. It wasn't anything to write home about but it wasn't bad either. I did enjoy seeing Itachi have one final conversation with his parents and that he didn't just kill them without a second thought. If this doesn't change Sasuke even a little then wow. I know he'll still want to kill Konoha for doing all this to his family but they could show a little hope for Sasuke...maybe possibly?

Izanagi
21st June 2012, 1:09 AM
I thought the chapter was interesting as it gave us more on how Itachi doing all of this and it somewhat made Itachi's parents likable. Also Madara is out I guess you would call that victory for 5 Kages even though it a bit hard to believe the Madara was that much stronger than them.

shac
21st June 2012, 3:10 AM
*sniff sniff*

Good bye Itachi...may you rest in peace.........

Great chapter. Can't wait to see how Sasuke dels with this. it would be interesting to see Madara somehow sustaining and then Sasuke and Naruto having to combine forces to take him down or something.

Lorde
23rd June 2012, 5:48 PM
Also Madara is out I guess you would call that victory for 5 Kages even though it a bit hard to believe the Madara was that much stronger than them.

Madara was a beast. He pushed the Gokage to their limit, which isn't something you see everyday. I wish the battle had ended with the Gokage's victory, but Madara kept coming back with stronger hax techniques. It was a total nightmare, but I'm glad that it seems to be over.

lolipiece
23rd June 2012, 10:15 PM
Oh look, Sakura has parents. (http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/06/23-1/naruto-road-to-ninja-reveals-sakuras-parents)

How...boring.

They're so bland compared to Sasuke's and especially Naruto's....

But, it's Sakura, so it makes sense.

Crimsonlink
23rd June 2012, 10:41 PM
Looking at Sakura's parents I can tell why Sakura is such a horrible character.

Lorde
24th June 2012, 1:10 AM
Oh look, Sakura has parents. (http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/06/23-1/naruto-road-to-ninja-reveals-sakuras-parents)

How...boring.

They're so bland compared to Sasuke's and especially Naruto's....

But, it's Sakura, so it makes sense.

I don't consider the new movie to be canon, so Sakura's parents don't really interest me. I was curious about them at one point, but once it became apparent that Kishi wasn't going to redeem Sakura, I stopped caring about her and her family. Cruel, I know.

TsukiMirage
24th June 2012, 4:53 AM
The movie won't be canon? And Sakura's parents are just how I imagined them to be.

7 tyranitars
24th June 2012, 1:52 PM
Lol at Sakuras dad.

Platinum fan.
24th June 2012, 3:34 PM
I don't consider the new movie to be canon, so Sakura's parents don't really interest me. I was curious about them at one point, but once it became apparent that Kishi wasn't going to redeem Sakura, I stopped caring about her and her family. Cruel, I know.

I couldn't agree more. I wanted to see Sakura's parents in part 1, especially during the Konoha invasion where we got to see Shikamaru, Choji, Ino, Kiba, Hinata, and Shino's parents fight to save the village, I was wondering where are Sakura's? We know she has some because she mentioned them before but they never showed up. Now it's like who cares really? Sakura's clan doesn't seem to be special like her classmates so meh. I also don't consider this movie canon.

7 tyranitars
25th June 2012, 10:14 AM
I couldn't agree more. I wanted to see Sakura's parents in part 1, especially during the Konoha invasion where we got to see Shikamaru, Choji, Ino, Kiba, Hinata, and Shino's parents fight to save the village, I was wondering where are Sakura's? We know she has some because she mentioned them before but they never showed up. Now it's like who cares really? Sakura's clan doesn't seem to be special like her classmates so meh. I also don't consider this movie canon.

I don't even think they are Shinobi. But normal vilagers.

Platinum fan.
25th June 2012, 3:14 PM
I don't even think they are Shinobi. But normal vilagers.

In the movie or in general? Either way it would make sense since you never see or hear about them. Sakura might not have a clan, poor girl. I wonder if Lee and Tenten are like that too? Neither of them have any kind of special clan related jutsu either. Lee uses powerful Taijutsu and Tenten with her weapons and stuff.

Lorde
25th June 2012, 6:40 PM
In the movie or in general? Either way it would make sense since you never see or hear about them. Sakura might not have a clan, poor girl. I wonder if Lee and Tenten are like that too? Neither of them have any kind of special clan related jutsu either. Lee uses powerful Taijutsu and Tenten with her weapons and stuff.

If I remember correctly, Kishi once said that Sakura and Lee were created to show human weakness or something like that, which might hint that their families are "normal." He also used the word normal to describe Sakura in several interviews. I get the feeling that he doesn't like her very much.

TsukiMirage
25th June 2012, 9:49 PM
Considering the way he treats her, that's likely the case. On another note, the trailer look great.

LilyTwo
26th June 2012, 7:24 PM
Considering the way he treats her, that's likely the case.

That's a damn shame too. Sakura is a character with plenty of potential, but Kishi treats her as an outsider in the so-called "bond" between Naruto and Sasuke (which he continuously tells us is friendship).

Platinum fan.
26th June 2012, 9:25 PM
If I remember correctly, Kishi once said that Sakura and Lee were created to show human weakness or something like that, which might hint that their families are "normal." He also used the word normal to describe Sakura in several interviews. I get the feeling that he doesn't like her very much.

I don't mind Sakura being normal, in fact I'm okay with it. I just don't like how the character has been handled. I really wanted Sakura to be a personal favorite of mine, but it's just so hard to do due to the Sasuke nonsense. How can she possibly be split between Naruto and Sasuke when the latter tried to kill her and still desires to kill her and all her friends in the village? Sasuke was never even that nice to her in Konoha, why does she put up with such abuse? (not physical, neglect and coldness)

Shadow Lucario
26th June 2012, 9:36 PM
I don't mind Sakura being normal, in fact I'm okay with it. I just don't like how the character has been handled. I really wanted Sakura to be a personal favorite of mine, but it's just so hard to do due to the Sasuke nonsense. How can she possibly be split between Naruto and Sasuke when the latter tried to kill her and still desires to kill her and all her friends in the village? Sasuke was never even that nice to her in Konoha, why does she put up with such abuse? (not physical, neglect and coldness)

Because Sakura is a woman. Nuff said.

LilyTwo
26th June 2012, 10:05 PM

Sad thing is, she's not even split between the two of them. She loves Sasuke, period.

Lorde
26th June 2012, 10:53 PM

I never liked any of that love triangle stuff that Kishi keeps insisting upon. I wish Sakura would just get over both Naruto and Sasuke and end up with Shikamaru.

Crimsonlink
26th June 2012, 10:54 PM
Sad thing is, she's not even split between the two of them. She loves Sasuke, period.

^ She could do without that false confession of hers to Naruto in the Kage's summit arc. I dunno what Kishi was on when he drew that scene in the manga or what he was drinking.

TsukiMirage
27th June 2012, 8:29 AM
Biggest shame was the fact that there really seem to be some growth on her part regarding developing real feeling for Naruto and putting Sasuke behind him. Now it was nothing more then teasing.

JSteele
27th June 2012, 11:23 AM
Madara, y u no die???

7 tyranitars
27th June 2012, 11:50 AM
Chapter is out, Dan meets Tsunade and saves her life, Madara doesn't disapear.

stevendat
27th June 2012, 2:14 PM
Awefully convient jutsu just to have Dan both meet and save Tsunade.

My main question is how does Madara know the jutsu? Wasn't it created LOOONG after he died and the only people seen so far to have it was Orochimaru who made it, and Kabuto.

SkyDeity
27th June 2012, 3:01 PM
Hah, you can't get rid of Madara that easily....I knew he was gonna stick around anyway.

7 tyranitars
27th June 2012, 3:56 PM
Awefully convient jutsu just to have Dan both meet and save Tsunade.

My main question is how does Madara know the jutsu? Wasn't it created LOOONG after he died and the only people seen so far to have it was Orochimaru who made it, and Kabuto.

Tobirama senju made it, who lived in the same time as Madara.

Platinum fan.
27th June 2012, 4:07 PM
So Madara is still around? For crying out loud, what broken Jutsu did you use to stay around? I have to say while I'm glad Dan finally met with Tsunade again...I really didn't care for their interaction to be honest. Compared to Sasuke and Itachi last week it was a hard act to follow. I also love how Kimimaro was shown to be disappearing and unharmed when I could have sworn Naruto came and took him down a few chapters ago off panel. Did we forget that or did something else happen? At least all the other Edo Tensei's are gone, but lets see how Madara breaks the hax scale.

TsukiMirage
27th June 2012, 6:24 PM
Itachi's vanishing was sweet, can't wait to see Sasuke decides to do now. Could've done without Dan's sudden saving of Tsunade and their little talk, but I guess it was alright since it allowed us to see Dan's ghost technique. And Madara continues to be the master troller. Also appears I was wrong about the Edo summonings having a limit, which doesn't make much sense given what we were shown before. This weakness of Edo Tensei also doesn't make sense, as it should logically have meant Tobirama could have escaped for Orochimaru. Pretty good chapter.

Lorde
27th June 2012, 6:29 PM
It was kind of nice to see Sasuke shocked like that. He's usually so arrogant and in control of his emotions. Anyway, Dan's jutsu was way too convenient, but at least it helped Tsunade. I'm glad they've made peace with each other, but Madara is becoming really annoying now. If he can escape the Edo Tensei, how will he die?

Joltik-Kid
27th June 2012, 7:15 PM
I'll be loling when Kishi ends the series with NaruSaku. I honestly don't know why this is being brought up though...when today's chapter was about Tsunade closer and Madara proving why he's the biggest tool ever used in this manga.

Biggest shame was the fact that there really seem to be some growth on her part regarding developing real feeling for Naruto and putting Sasuke behind him. Now it was nothing more then teasing.
What the heck does this even mean?

TsukiMirage
27th June 2012, 7:29 PM
What the heck does this even mean? Early in Part Two, Kishi laid several hints that Sakura had matured and became attracted to Naruto, putting her feelings for Sasuke behind her. Examples would be feeding him ramen after he broke his arm and wanting to help Naruto after he had gone four tails. Then came the summit and that Sakura felt nothing for Naruto but friendship, yet was willing to manipulate his feelings towards her like a tease, and was still deeply in love with Sasuke.

Joltik-Kid
27th June 2012, 7:38 PM
Early in Part Two, Kishi laid several hints that Sakura had matured and became attracted to Naruto, putting her feelings for Sasuke behind her. Examples would be feeding him ramen after he broke his arm and wanting to help Naruto after he had gone four tails. Then came the summit and that Sakura felt nothing for Naruto but friendship, yet was willing to manipulate his feelings towards her like a tease, and was still deeply in love with Sasuke.
What deep love are you talking about? She's willingly going to help Naruto right now and even made a promise to herself that they fight together this time and not just the two of them, but the entire rookie group tagging along.

If all of you are acting this crazy about one tiny moment that can be disputed to death, this new movie Kishi is 100% writing must be killing all of you. Note to self, only Naruto and Sakura are in the genjutsu

lolipiece
27th June 2012, 8:40 PM
Of course, the power of hax prevents this from being easy.

Screw you, Madara.

TsukiMirage
27th June 2012, 10:42 PM
What deep love are you talking about? She's willingly going to help Naruto right now and even made a promise to herself that they fight together this time and not just the two of them, but the entire rookie group tagging along.

If all of you are acting this crazy about one tiny moment that can be disputed to death, this new movie Kishi is 100% writing must be killing all of you. Note to self, only Naruto and Sakura are in the genjutsu I never said it was deep love. But before she was acting more then just a friend.

And actually, I'm real interested in seeing this movie to learn how her father could become Hokage. That and seeing the twin terrors of playboy Sasuke and sexy Hinata.

Crimsonlink
27th June 2012, 11:01 PM
Didn't like the chapter at all. Nothing to say except to see how Madara keeps pwning the kages.

Shadow Lucario
27th June 2012, 11:03 PM
I don't see why you all think Dan's Jutsu was convenient. It was said way earlier in the war that he needed to be captured before he could use it.

Crimsonlink
27th June 2012, 11:14 PM
I don't see why you all think Dan's Jutsu was convenient. It was said way earlier in the war that he needed to be captured before he could use it.

It was very convenient that Dan had a jutsu just to escape his Edo Tensai body and give chakra to Tsunade. Chouza even said that it originally allowed Dan to cross distances to possess and kill opponents.

Dan himself said he can escape Edo Tensai because his soul was ascending.

Besides that Mei was so useless. She can't use Suiton in time I mean wtf. Common Kishi at least make her suffer from chakra exhaustion or something. Thats just pathetic that she is the Mizukage and she can't use water in seconds.

Lorde
27th June 2012, 11:15 PM
Of course, the power of hax prevents this from being easy.

Screw you, Madara.

I feel the same way. I'm tired of Madara. Scratch that, I'm tired of the Uchiha clan as a whole. And here I thought the story would move ahead, but it seems we're going to see more of Madara's battle against the Gokage. I wonder who will step in to help them this time.

Joltik-Kid
28th June 2012, 2:18 AM
Apparently Sakura is gonna get her own episode before the movie called Road to Sakura

Platinum fan.
28th June 2012, 3:20 AM
Apparently Sakura is gonna get her own episode before the movie called Road to Sakura

I wonder how much Sasuke dreaming she'll do in it. Since I don't watch the anime it doesn't impact me at all, but hopefully Sakura will do something cool in that episode? Maybe? Possibly?

Joltik-Kid
28th June 2012, 4:12 AM
I wonder how much Sasuke dreaming she'll do in it. Since I don't watch the anime it doesn't impact me at all, but hopefully Sakura will do something cool in that episode? Maybe? Possibly?
Not exactly sure, but it's to tie in with the movie, so it'll likely involve Naruto in someway

stevendat
28th June 2012, 4:57 AM
Tobirama senju made it, who lived in the same time as Madara.

Thank you for the clarification 7

uber gon
28th June 2012, 6:45 AM
At least we got to see awesome dragon shaped fireballs. Also I'm betting Sasuke is going to stab Madara.

Joltik-Kid
28th June 2012, 6:08 PM
At least we got to see awesome dragon shaped fireballs. Also I'm betting Sasuke is going to stab Madara.
I'm pretty sure Sasuke's first objective still is to destroy the Leaf Village, thus still go after Naruto

Lorde
28th June 2012, 6:19 PM
At least we got to see awesome dragon shaped fireballs.

I'm pretty sure Sasuke used that same technique during his battle with Itachi. I thought he invented it himself, but I guess he didn't if Madara can also use it. I wish we could see all the Uchiha clan's Katon jutsu, but Kishi rarely shows us new jutsu these days (and when he does, they're all broken).

TsukiMirage
28th June 2012, 7:41 PM
I thought Sasuke had created it too. Does leave hope that he'll eventually use the same fire techniques as Itachi and Madara have shown.

SharpedoX
1st July 2012, 11:44 PM
I feel the same way. I'm tired of Madara. Scratch that, I'm tired of the Uchiha clan as a whole. And here I thought the story would move ahead, but it seems we're going to see more of Madara's battle against the Gokage. I wonder who will step in to help them this time.

My sentiments exactly. This is dragging out for too long. Just end his misery and move on.

Platinum fan.
2nd July 2012, 7:42 PM
I am curious if they'll actually defeat Tobi before Sasuke, since Naruto is fighting him right now? I mean it would be kind of sloppy since a bit of their fight took place offscreen and Tobi being the main villain I would think he'd get perfect panel time for his fight. But yeah I really wish Madara had just went down as a uber as anything broken villain and could only be bested by 1st Hokage and the fact that Edo Tensei ran out. At this point I really don't care how they beat Madara because I'm sure it'll be as broken as everything he has done thus far. Madara hasn't even killed anyone yet. I don't think Tsunade will die now after the Dan thing, but Oonoki or even Raikage might. This is a war, where are the good guy deaths that make you feel emotional? I was more emotional for the Pain arc!

Joltik-Kid
2nd July 2012, 7:44 PM
I am curious if they'll actually defeat Tobi before Sasuke, since Naruto is fighting him right now? I mean it would be kind of sloppy since a bit of their fight took place offscreen and Tobi being the main villain I would think he'd get perfect panel time for his fight. But yeah I really wish Madara had just went down as a uber as anything broken villain and could only be bested by 1st Hokage and the fact that Edo Tensei ran out. At this point I really don't care how thet beat Madara because I'm sure it'll be as broken as everything he has done thus far. Madara hasn't even killed anyone yet. I don't think Tsunade will die now after the Dan thing, but Oonoki or even Raikage might. This is a war, where are the good guy deaths that make you feel emotional? I was more emotional for the Pain arc!
With how things are going and what Kishi made mention of back at one of Jump Festa's.... Pretty sure Sasuke is set up to be the final villain. Not to mention Naruto's pledge to him

Shneak
2nd July 2012, 10:37 PM
This chapter made me laugh. I guess Kishi was interviewed recently and said Naruto was ending soon. Then this happens, and Madara and Kabuto survive through another chapter.

Lorde
3rd July 2012, 12:31 AM
This chapter made me laugh. I guess Kishi was interviewed recently and said Naruto was ending soon. Then this happens, and Madara and Kabuto survive through another chapter.

He keeps saying that the manga will end soon, but the end doesn't seem to be getting any closer. There's still so much that has to happen; the Gokage still need to get rid of Madara, Black Zetsu needs some closure, Tobi's identity has to be revealed, Killer Bee and possibly Naruto have to be captured, and Sasuke and Naruto need to fight at some point.

Locormus
3rd July 2012, 1:28 PM
He keeps saying that the manga will end soon, but the end doesn't seem to be getting any closer. There's still so much that has to happen; the Gokage still need to get rid of Madara, Black Zetsu needs some closure, Tobi's identity has to be revealed, Killer Bee and possibly Naruto have to be captured, and Sasuke and Naruto need to fight at some point.

Really that much?

All I see happening is:
- Ending battle vs. Tobi
- Ending battle vs. Black Zetsu
- Ending battle vs. Madara
- Ending battle vs. Sasuke

Whatever happens in between is just filler until these things happen. Tobi can die while completely reviving Madara. Madara can then capture Killer Bee and with the Kin/Gin-brothers chakra try to summon the Juubi. Sasuke will team up with Naruto to defeat Madara, but afterwards there will be a last scuffle between the two of them.

The Kabuto thing has been closed I think, I don't think he will return awakened.

TsukiMirage
3rd July 2012, 5:17 PM
Black Zetsu was already taken out, so it's really only the three Uchiha's left and I think at this point Sasuke could be considered up in the air.

Lorde
3rd July 2012, 7:08 PM
Black Zetsu was already taken out, so it's really only the three Uchiha's left and I think at this point Sasuke could be considered up in the air.

Black Zetsu didn't die though; he was just beaten up by Chojuro. All Akatsuki members have gotten some kind of closure, and Zetsu should be no exception.

Shneak
4th July 2012, 2:21 AM
Really that much?

All I see happening is:
- Ending battle vs. Tobi
- Ending battle vs. Black Zetsu
- Ending battle vs. Madara
- Ending battle vs. Sasuke

It's still quite a bit to cover if it's done right, including a possible epilogue too. I hope it doesn't get rushed, but at this point, it's not in any hurry. (We'll see what happens in tomorrow's chapter, whether Madara and the Kages continues again.)

Izanagi
4th July 2012, 2:26 AM
I haven't been on this thread and I have one thing to say about the recent chapter. Is Madara immortal or what?

Shneak
4th July 2012, 2:50 AM
I haven't been on this thread and I have one thing to say about the recent chapter. Is Madara immortal or what?

edit: nope, just checked, I'm wrong. He doesn't know how he's still existing.

Torpoleon
4th July 2012, 3:56 AM
Ugh, I just wanted the fight with the Gokage & Madara to just end already. If the manga is supposed to be ending soon, so should this fight. CyberConnect2 said they wouldn't release Storm 3 until the manga ends and they recently announced the game for a 2013 release. Unless the game comes out at the end of next year, the manga seriously needs to pick up (either way, it seriously needs to pick up). On the bright side, we have finished with Itachi & Sasuke VS Kabuto a little while ago.

TsukiMirage
4th July 2012, 6:11 AM
Black Zetsu didn't die though; he was just beaten up by Chojuro. All Akatsuki members have gotten some kind of closure, and Zetsu should be no exception. Hidan and Kakuzu didn't. Not to mention that he was left off of the VS title page.

7 tyranitars
4th July 2012, 9:03 AM
Chapter is out, Taka meets up with Sasuke, some talking from Madara, and a bits of fightning from Tobi and Naruto.

stevendat
4th July 2012, 9:41 AM
I really interested in how Sasuke knows that Oro is still alive. I mean it seems like his soul (or some part of it) transfers to someone who has the curse mark and he can somehow revive from that since it's been the case with him. Also tobi is about to do something big.

Lorde
4th July 2012, 9:46 AM
What a strange chapter. So Madara wants to get the Kyuubi for whatever reason, Tobi is using the sealing statue for some ultimate attack or something, and Sasuke actually reflected on what Itachi told him. I'm just amazed that he's thinking things through. Seeing Suigetsu and Jugo again was great, but I'm seriously upset about this Orochimaru thing; how can he still be alive? And what's going to happen to Kabuto?

DANdotW
4th July 2012, 10:53 AM
Yes, I'm so glad it's confirmed Anko is still alive ^_^

Shadow Lucario
4th July 2012, 11:33 AM
Seeing Suigetsu and Jugo again was great, but I'm seriously upset about this Orochimaru thing; how can he still be alive? And what's going to happen to Kabuto?

Orochimaru is still alive because there are still pieces of him in two other people. I think Orochimaru is going to take over Kabuto's body. There is no use for him anymore as it was evident by Sasuke's words that he could have killed him easily.

waffle_x_v
4th July 2012, 12:55 PM
This ^ I''m also so psyched that we have our favorite big bad villain back! :D

Platinum fan.
4th July 2012, 6:19 PM
So Suigetsu and Jugo finally get some panel time. I honestly forgot about them in all this. I have to say I'm pleased Anko is still alive. I just assumed Kabuto liked having her dead body around to look at from time to time, speaking of which I wonder if this is Kabuto's final fate, frozen still like that. It would be refreshing then the whole be killed or sealed business. Trolldara Uchiha wants the Kyubi, everyone wants it. It's interesting that Tobi made a reference to the Gold and Silver Brother' Kyubi chakra and Killer Bee's Octopus leg. Maybe Tobi listens to the fans on how to get tailed beast chakra. It was cool seeing Sasuke actual stop and think about everything he's learned to this point and all the people connected to him in some form or another be it his clan, the elders, or his former classmate/friends, so I fully understand Sasuke wanting to talk to that snake Orochimaru. I just hope it's brief and Orochimaru does not get revived by some cheap method. They already wrapped up Orochimaru, leave him in his ditch. After all Dead Men Tell No Tales!

TsukiMirage
4th July 2012, 7:14 PM
Juugo and Suigetsu magically find Sasuke, and we're told that Orochimaru is still alive. Now I'm actually interested in what was on that scroll, if it made Sasuke come to such a solution. Gonna be interesting to see where Sasuke goes now. Was also nice to see someone finally show some concern for Anko. Annoyed that Madara won't be using his prefect Susanoo again. Seems like a cop out if it leads to his defeat. Nice to see the battle with the Gedo Mazo and Tobi finally completing his plan. Pretty nice chapter.

Lorde
4th July 2012, 7:50 PM
Looking back, that was actually one of the best chapters we've had in a long time in my opinion. Sure, Madara is still trolling everyone and Tobi's probably going to finish his plan earlier than expected, but Sasuke actually took Itachi's words of wisdom to heart. Funny how Itachi was able to reach Sasuke when Naruto couldn't. Is Naruto still the hero? I just hope Sasuke gets the answers he's been wanting, even if Orochimaru's the one who will tell him everything.

arceus03
4th July 2012, 8:50 PM
Did Madara ever tell how he came to know about the Edo Tensei? I mean, wasn't it supposedly created by the second Hokage?

lolipiece
4th July 2012, 9:27 PM
Finally! The Ten Tails.

Oh yay, Orochimaru's coming back.

....Fun.

Lorde
4th July 2012, 9:53 PM
Did Madara ever tell how he came to know about the Edo Tensei? I mean, wasn't it supposedly created by the second Hokage?

I'm guessing that Tobirama used it against him, and Madara memorized the hand seals with his Sharingan.

TsukiMirage
4th July 2012, 11:10 PM
Did Madara ever tell how he came to know about the Edo Tensei? I mean, wasn't it supposedly created by the second Hokage? Madara earlier mentioned how Edo Tensei was suppose to be used in battle, so odds are Tobirama had used it in battle against the Uchiha clan at some point.

Platinum fan.
5th July 2012, 12:34 AM
Looking back, that was actually one of the best chapters we've had in a long time in my opinion. Sure, Madara is still trolling everyone and Tobi's probably going to finish his plan earlier than expected, but Sasuke actually took Itachi's words of wisdom to heart. Funny how Itachi was able to reach Sasuke when Naruto couldn't. Is Naruto still the hero? I just hope Sasuke gets the answers he's been wanting, even if Orochimaru's the one who will tell him everything.

In terms of plot importance Sasuke has been more important then Naruto for nearly all of part 2, so it's not to shocking if Itachi does something the main hero can't. Well maybe it is. But I will say before the Naruto series ends I wouldn't mind a Sasuke and Naruto team up. Whether it's before or after they fight each other I don't really care I just want to see one before the series ends.

Shneak
5th July 2012, 1:20 AM
- Sasuke is finally questioning his actions. Here comes the redemption.
- FOUND! Haha, so random.
- Madara has the best poses.
- So Madara is still existing because 'he's too good for Edo Tensei?' Sure, that's valid.
- Tsunade looks brain dead in that panel.
- Thank god. I've had enough of this fight.
- Naruto taunting Tobi by saying he looks tired is a really good Naruto moment. Stand-out, even.
- Holy. This chapter is slapping me in the face with what I posted yesterday. Things are suddenly happening.
- Well, Suigetsu, Kishi loves drawing the-
- How does Jugo even know about Madara?
- YES. Scroll secret!
- Well, there goes Anko, probably.

Good enjoyable chapter after weeks of me not caring. I'm looking forward to what's going to happen now that many plot points were finally expanded upon. It looks like Sasuke's going to summon Orochimaru through Anko and figure out what's happening. Hopefully Karin can make it for the reunion. And it seems like Tobi's definitely going to get Bee now.

-Raiga-
5th July 2012, 1:53 AM
Black Zetsu didn't die though; he was just beaten up by Chojuro. All Akatsuki members have gotten some kind of closure, and Zetsu should be no exception.

Its obvious Zetsu has BEEN the exception to the akatsuki rules the whole time. Despite being one of the few clear silhouettes of the akatsuki when they were shown early in the manga, he hasn't gotten anything for character development, and I don't see his death has being anything different. Especially with all the more important characters around.

Lorde
5th July 2012, 2:16 AM
Its obvious Zetsu has BEEN the exception to the akatsuki rules the whole time. Despite being one of the few clear silhouettes of the akatsuki when they were shown early in the manga, he hasn't gotten anything for character development, and I don't see his death has being anything different. Especially with all the more important characters around.

So you think he's been killed off-screen? I really doubt it. He hasn't been as hands-on as some of the other Akatsuki members, but he still deserves the chance to get some backstory, especially since he seems to have created Tobi's current body. It would suck for him to die before that's properly explained.

And I'm surprised that people still care about Anko; when was the last time she did something useful?

Shneak
5th July 2012, 4:43 AM
Anko's okay because she was the first bad-*** kunoichi in the manga. Out of like, 4.

miles0624
5th July 2012, 4:59 AM
Anko's okay because she was the first bad-*** kunoichi in the manga. Out of like, 4.

This, This is why she is alive. She is the only one who can do anything.

My predictions for next week:

Tobi is seen to actually be the "real" Orochimaru.
Sakarua shows up to the kages fight and shows that her Genjustu skills are better than a haxed out Madara. Or She shows some hidden no Justu that puts her on equal status with Sasuke and Naruto(only for it to be shown again how weak she is compared to her team.) And Kishi will redeem her in some unknown way that will susprise us all.
Sasuke shows up ready to attack Tobi. A three-way fight breaks out between Naruto, Sasuke, and Tobi. Then Sakura shows up after saving the Gokage, only to be knocked out or taken hostage three panels later by Tobi.

TsukiMirage
5th July 2012, 5:26 AM
Tobi can't be Orochimaru, there's to many conflicting facts for them to be the same person, the biggest being Kabuto's treatment towards him and not knowing Edo Tensei.

uber gon
5th July 2012, 7:52 AM
Tobi most likely looks like someything out of a Junji Ito manga.

Platinum fan.
5th July 2012, 1:38 PM

Agreed! Though she hasn't done anything of importance, Anko's first appearance of cutting Naruto and licking his blood off his face is classic. I also wished they explored more with her relationship with Orochimaru, since she was a student/experiment of his. I herd they made a filler anime episode about their connection though.

Anyway on the matter of Black Zetsu, I won't be surprised if they kill him off panel. I don't think he's important enough for someone like Naruto, Sasuke, or Killer Bee to kill, maybe one of the alliance shinobi can do it. It would be interesting to get some backstory on Zetsu but honestly I thought his story would be told along with Tobi's and that is why we haven't gotten anything on him yet.

Lorde
5th July 2012, 11:15 PM

Too bad Part 2 hates female ninja.

And I gotta admit, at one point I thought Tobi might be Orochimaru as well, but that theory seems silly now. If Orochimaru was going to be the final villain all along, then the Akatsuki shouldn't have been introduced in the first place.

Shneak
6th July 2012, 1:42 AM
There's no way. Sasuke knows what Tobi's face looks like, I'm sure he would have had some sort of reaction.

JJDalts
6th July 2012, 2:05 AM
There's no way. Sasuke knows what Tobi's face looks like, I'm sure he would have had some sort of reaction.

Does he? I thought he only saw a part of his face, back when they first met.

TsukiMirage
6th July 2012, 2:59 AM
Seeing half his face would be enough, seeing how unique Orochimaru looks.

Lorde
6th July 2012, 3:11 AM
Seeing half his face would be enough, seeing how unique Orochimaru looks.

Not that I support the "Orochimaru is Tobi" theory, but we know that Orochimaru can modify his face (and probably his whole body as well).

Joltik-Kid
6th July 2012, 5:12 AM
Not that I support the "Orochimaru is Tobi" theory, but we know that Orochimaru can modify his face (and probably his whole body as well).
But that wouldn't exactly explain why he has the Sharingan... just to add more dirt to the theory

TsukiMirage
6th July 2012, 8:38 AM
Not that I support the "Orochimaru is Tobi" theory, but we know that Orochimaru can modify his face (and probably his whole body as well). Well more like cover his face, since we've seen the covering can be ripped away to reveal the original face. Still, the difference in appearance is just one of many reasons against it.

7 tyranitars
6th July 2012, 4:50 PM
It is... paralel universe Orochimaru.

-Raiga-
6th July 2012, 6:07 PM
So you think he's been killed off-screen? I really doubt it. He hasn't been as hands-on as some of the other Akatsuki members, but he still deserves the chance to get some backstory, especially since he seems to have created Tobi's current body. It would suck for him to die before that's properly explained.

I don't necessarily mean he was/will be killed off screen, just that the MOST I see him getting is a single chapter to wrap up his existence. A chapter that switches back to a panoramic shot of madara every 4 panels, if it follows the current trend.

Shneak
6th July 2012, 7:07 PM
Tobi most likely looks like someything out of a Junji Ito manga.

I completely missed this before but laughed. Definitely that thing from The Enigma of Amigara Fault.

Lorde
6th July 2012, 8:40 PM
But that wouldn't exactly explain why he has the Sharingan... just to add more dirt to the theory

He could've harvested a Sharingan after the Uchiha clan massacre. Or something. I don't know what to believe. I'm just glad that Sasuke's finally taking things into his own hands. I thought he was going to blindly follow Tobi, but it seems he's not going to let himself be used. Good for him.

Platinum fan.
6th July 2012, 8:56 PM
It is... paralel universe Orochimaru.

It's only a matter of time before we get a alternate universe character in Naruto. XD

Shadow Lucario
6th July 2012, 9:49 PM
He could've harvested a Sharingan after the Uchiha clan massacre. Or something. I don't know what to believe. I'm just glad that Sasuke's finally taking things into his own hands. I thought he was going to blindly follow Tobi, but it seems he's not going to let himself be used. Good for him.

Then that would make taking Sasuke's body for the Sharingan useless. o.O I also don't know what to believe with Orochimaru anymore either. He's dead, then he's not dead, then he's a woman.

Lorde
6th July 2012, 10:59 PM
Then that would make taking Sasuke's body for the Sharingan useless.

Not quite since Orochimaru wanted to have the whole Kekkei Genkai, not just the Sharingan. And I believe Kabuto hinted that Orochimaru wanted to develop a Rinnegan after he transferred his soul into Sasuke's body. That seems to have been one of his goals on his quest to learn and master every jutsu in the world.

waffle_x_v
6th July 2012, 11:11 PM
Maybe that scroll that sasuke was reading is orochimaru's diary or something? It probably has info on how he disguised himself as tobi? If not that, it probably shows his hidden whereabouts or how to resurrect him if needed. That could be why they took an interest in anko.

Shneak
7th July 2012, 3:01 AM
Maybe that scroll that sasuke was reading is orochimaru's diary or something? It probably has info on how he disguised himself as tobi? If not that, it probably shows his hidden whereabouts or how to resurrect him if needed. That could be why they took an interest in anko.

Dear Diary,

I went for a stroll in the forest today. I love all of the giant snakes in there. I ran into a young squad of ninja and had a little spar with them. I decided I wanted the young man with the bright, red eyes, so I branded him and brainwashed him into thinking he needed me. One day I'll have his body. One day.

Sincerely, Orochimaru

Lorde
7th July 2012, 7:33 PM
Dear Diary,

I went for a stroll in the forest today. I love all of the giant snakes in there. I ran into a young squad of ninja and had a little spar with them. I decided I wanted the young man with the bright, red eyes, so I branded him and brainwashed him into thinking he needed me. One day I'll have his body. One day.

Sincerely, Orochimaru

That sounds just like Orochimaru. To be quite honest, I don't understand why Kishi is so obsessed with him. There comes a point when a character outgrows their usefulness, and that happened to Orochimaru a long time ago. I'm going to be very upset if it's revealed that Orochimaru worked with Tobi at some point.

SharpedoX
7th July 2012, 9:02 PM
Dear Diary,

Sincerely, Orochimaru

Believe me when I say it, this is priceless!

For me, Tobi being Orochimaru or another explanation that inadvertently headed that way would be incredibly anti-climatic. Besides when Sasuke was fighting Danzo remember his disgust when he believed Danzo and Orochimaru worked together in order to make Izanagi "useful"? Besides, he has what Orochimaru long desired, the Sharingan.

Given that we've never seen Tobi actually use the Mangekyou Sharingan or actually simply putting an end to the dojutsu, we may even not be in the presence of an Uchiha. But besides that, I've ran out of ideas.

7 tyranitars
7th July 2012, 11:01 PM
Believe me when I say it, this is priceless!

For me, Tobi being Orochimaru or another explanation that inadvertently headed that way would be incredibly anti-climatic. Besides when Sasuke was fighting Danzo remember his disgust when he believed Danzo and Orochimaru worked together in order to make Izanagi "useful"? Besides, he has what Orochimaru long desired, the Sharingan.

Given that we've never seen Tobi actually use the Mangekyou Sharingan or actually simply putting an end to the dojutsu, we may even not be in the presence of an Uchiha. But besides that, I've ran out of ideas.

I have no idea who Tobi would be either. Mayby he is just him, and not another character used before.

Shadow Lucario
7th July 2012, 11:15 PM
I have no idea who Tobi would be either. Mayby he is just him, and not another character used before.

Then there would be no point to hide his face. If he were just a random person we've never seen, why wear a mask? That would be Tite Kubo level trolling.

TsukiMirage
8th July 2012, 2:59 AM
Then there would be no point to hide his face. If he were just a random person we've never seen, why wear a mask? That would be Tite Kubo level trolling. Nagato and Konan had their faces hidden for some time before they were actually introduced, and they were both new characters.

Lorde
8th July 2012, 7:27 PM

We've never seen him use the Mangekyo Sharingan, but that doesn't mean he can't use it. Kakashi isn't an Uchiha, but he managed to develop a Mangekyo Sharingan. So even if Tobi's not an Uchiha, he should be able to develop his own Mangekyo Sharingan. He knows a lot about the Uchiha, so he must know how to do it.

Shadow Lucario
8th July 2012, 8:07 PM
Nagato and Konan had their faces hidden for some time before they were actually introduced, and they were both new characters.

There's a difference between being just a silhouette and having just your face hidden. Tobi's face has been teased at twice now. If he were just Tobi then his face would have been shown when He was going to take his mask off while talking to Sasuke or when Konan blew him up.

Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius
8th July 2012, 8:10 PM
There's a difference between being just a silhouette and having just your face hidden. Tobi's face has been teased at twice now. If he were just Tobi then his face would have been shown when He was going to take his mask off while talking to Sasuke or when Konan blew him up.

Or when he was eating food with Deidara. hehe And when he showed his face to Kisame

Shadow Lucario
8th July 2012, 8:23 PM
Or when he was eating food with Deidara. hehe

I miss that Tobi. Why can't we go back to the good old days where Deidara was blowing him up and his best move was Frill Necked Lizard Jutsu?

Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius
8th July 2012, 8:26 PM
I miss that Tobi. Why can't we go back to the good old days where Deidara was blowing him up and his best move was Frill Necked Lizard Jutsu?

I miss that Tobi too, he was funny. R.I.P. Deidara. The battle with Six-tailed Demon Cloak Naruto vs. Pain was epic.

TsukiMirage
8th July 2012, 9:29 PM
There's a difference between being just a silhouette and having just your face hidden. Tobi's face has been teased at twice now. If he were just Tobi then his face would have been shown when He was going to take his mask off while talking to Sasuke or when Konan blew him up. Nagato/Deva Path's face was teased too before he was revealed, when he spoke to Hidan, and both him and Konan were teased from behind on a cover page.

waffle_x_v
9th July 2012, 5:30 AM
What if tobi was orochimaru's past disciple. Like he was interested in tobi being an uchia and all and gave him a curse mark then threw him away after he thought he was too weak. =o

7 tyranitars
9th July 2012, 6:15 PM
What if tobi was orochimaru's past disciple. Like he was interested in tobi being an uchia and all and gave him a curse mark then threw him away after he thought he was too weak. =o

I don't want anymore Orochimaru tbh.

Lorde
9th July 2012, 6:54 PM
I don't want anymore Orochimaru tbh.

I agree. He was a good villain at the start of the series, but he lost his edge ages ago. He just became really irrelevant when the Akatsuki were introduced.

Platinum fan.
9th July 2012, 11:18 PM
I agree. He was a good villain at the start of the series, but he lost his edge ages ago. He just became really irrelevant when the Akatsuki were introduced.

And yet I have a bad feeling Orochimaru will end up as the final villain of Naruto. I hope more then anything I'm wrong. What more can be done with Orochimaru? Compared to the Uchiha villains, he barely feels like that big of a threat anymore.

Shneak
10th July 2012, 2:01 AM
He won't be. Sasuke will milk him for info before killing him.

Celestial Moth
10th July 2012, 2:42 AM
Is it just me or hasn't the Aburame clan been participating in the 4th ninja war, cause i realy cant recall them having a good battle within it, i think they deserve it.
But if so Please someone tell me the chapter so i can re-read.

lolipiece
10th July 2012, 2:54 AM
Is it just me or hasn't the Aburame clan been participating in the 4th ninja war, cause i realy cant recall them having a good battle within it, i think they deserve it.

They never do anything, ever.

TsukiMirage
10th July 2012, 4:27 AM
Yeah, for one of the suppose noble clans of Konoha, they really get the short end. What's really sad is Shino has had less screentime then Tenten during this war.

Lorde
10th July 2012, 6:01 AM
And yet I have a bad feeling Orochimaru will end up as the final villain of Naruto. I hope more then anything I'm wrong. What more can be done with Orochimaru? Compared to the Uchiha villains, he barely feels like that big of a threat anymore.

He seems to know everything that goes on though. That gives him a slight advantage over the other villains.

Ugh, I know. They were once my favorite clan, but they haven't gotten enough panel time.

DANdotW
10th July 2012, 12:36 PM
Do you know what? I actually don't mind how Orochimaru was brought back. I was worried for a second that Sasuke was going to use Anko as a sacrifice to revive Orochimaru with Edo Tensei, so I'm glad she's still alive, and now, if she survives, completely free of Orochimaru it would seem. Same with Kabuto, but I wonder what's going to happen with him.

Why do I get the feeling Sasuke is going to become a Dragon Sage?

7 tyranitars
10th July 2012, 1:36 PM
Do you know what? I actually don't mind how Orochimaru was brought back. I was worried for a second that Sasuke was going to use Anko as a sacrifice to revive Orochimaru with Edo Tensei, so I'm glad she's still alive, and now, if she survives, completely free of Orochimaru it would seem. Same with Kabuto, but I wonder what's going to happen with him.

Why do I get the feeling Sasuke is going to become a Dragon Sage?

Because not everything was revealed about them? :p

DANdotW
10th July 2012, 3:17 PM
Also because this is another "that place", just like "that jutsu". I can see it keeping me interested for a couple of chapters at most.

gliscor&yanmega
10th July 2012, 7:16 PM
Yay Orochimaru is back, but what is this nonsense with him not being naked this time, darn you Kishi.

Well not so much in terms of battle but a member of the name Muta did send important info to HQ which I believe Ao mentioned being a good thing as they have no idea the White Zetsu Clone Army were passing under them.

Shibi was part of the guard group to keep Naruto in, which didn't end well for obvious reasons(Naruto is the main character).

Shino has attacked White Zetsu Clone members here and there.

They haven't gotten any focus(Then again, neither has Kiba's clan), but they did stuff.

They never do anything, ever.

Sure they do.

Lorde
10th July 2012, 7:19 PM
Ugh, so Orochimaru was revived sooner than expected. Still, I'm glad to know that he isn't interested in Tobi's war, although he still seems to be after Sasuke's body. Seeing him touch Kabuto and undo the jutsu was actually very interesting; it seems he really did care about Kabuto. I never thought I'd see the day when he'd do something mildly nice.

Shadow Lucario
10th July 2012, 7:50 PM
Finally! Orochimaru is back! Am I the only one who is happy that he's come back yet again? Now the only dead Sannin is Jiraiya.

waffle_x_v
10th July 2012, 8:53 PM
I knew he would come back! :D Damn, these chapters for bleach and naruto sure are good this week.

Platinum fan.
10th July 2012, 9:10 PM
So Orochimaru is back...wonderful. Not that I hate him, I actually like him it's just when someone dies they should like stay dead. Now that he's back we have yet another major villain to deal with as I doubt Orochimaru will just go back in his hole quietly. Honestly I liked it more when Orochimaru's secrets were all being told while he was dead, but still I am looking forward to what it is Orochimaru and Sasuke are about to do. It's funny Juugo still mentions Kimimaro, completely oblivious that Kimimaro was being used as a Edo Tensei zombie. That was still a wasted story plot as Juugo feels pointless at the moment.

Lorde
10th July 2012, 9:21 PM
I kind of want Sasuke and Orochimaru to fight against Madara. The Gokage are at the end of their rope, and I can't think of anyone else who would be able to stop Madara. I'm pretty sure Orochimaru will try and steal Sasuke's body before this war is over though. It's too good a chance to pass up.

Platinum fan.
10th July 2012, 9:29 PM
I kind of want Sasuke and Orochimaru to fight against Madara. The Gokage are at the end of their rope, and I can't think of anyone else who would be able to stop Madara. I'm pretty sure Orochimaru will try and steal Sasuke's body before this war is over though. It's too good a chance to pass up.

And again it's like is this really necessary? The Orochimaru trying to steal Sasuke's body thing, I mean. He already failed once and I thought that was how they were ultimately going to write off his character, being defeated while trying to obatin his greatest desire and having his own jutsu backfire on him. I'm sorry to complain but Orochimaru's revival was not needed. At Least Sasuke should have talked with him in the world of the dead or something, this was a full on revival.

arceus03
10th July 2012, 9:30 PM
The whole resurrection thing just reminds me of Voldemort >_>

To a place Sasuke knows well. My hunch is Konoha. lol.

waffle_x_v
10th July 2012, 9:32 PM
Notice how orochimaru said tobi instead of madara. Seems he knows something about him.

TsukiMirage
10th July 2012, 9:48 PM
Interesting to see how Suigetsu reacted to the idea of Orochimaru being alive and how he acted after his return. Orochimaru's return was pretty much how I thought it would happen, though I didn't expect Sasuke to reverse the sealing of the Cursed Seal. Orochimaru looked surprising tamed in his revival, and it was nice to heard that he had no intentions of getting involved in the war. It's already too crowded as it is. Can't wait to see where Orochimaru and Team Taka go now, and who Sasuke wants to speak to. Pretty good chapter.

uber gon
10th July 2012, 11:19 PM
Why do I get the feeling Naruto vs. Sasuke will be Naruto vs. Orochimaru possessed Sasuke? Kind of like Aqua vs. Terranort in Kingdom Hearts.

Lorde
10th July 2012, 11:22 PM
And again it's like is this really necessary? The Orochimaru trying to steal Sasuke's body thing, I mean. He already failed once and I thought that was how they were ultimately going to write off his character, being defeated while trying to obatin his greatest desire and having his own jutsu backfire on him. I'm sorry to complain but Orochimaru's revival was not needed. At Least Sasuke should have talked with him in the world of the dead or something, this was a full on revival.

Hopefully he'll try to steal Madara's body instead, and Sasuke will be forced to kill him. That would be like killing two birds with one stone.

multi-scale
11th July 2012, 12:12 AM
I thought this chapter would suck, but I enjoyed the ending. Orochimaru and Sasuke are an unlikely duo, but it should be entertaining. Probably some major plot twists coming, like the Sage is alive or something.

Shneak
11th July 2012, 1:48 AM
- Whoa, early chapter.
- 'Orochimaru's Revival.' Well, at least we know what we're getting.
- Sasuke, didn't you always undermine him too?
- Oh, I guess Anko didn't need to die...
- Cursed seals = horcruxes.
- I WANT YOU'RE YOUNG BODY
- So Orochimaru doesn't want vengeance of any kind? He just shrugs him murder off?

Yeah, I have no idea what's going to happen now. I didn't think Orochimaru would completely revive in his own body or actually work with Sasuke. Judging by the hints in this chapter, it looks like the scroll has something to do with time travel or at least viewing memories.

Platinum fan.
11th July 2012, 2:01 AM
Hopefully he'll try to steal Madara's body instead, and Sasuke will be forced to kill him. That would be like killing two birds with one stone.

Honestly so far we've had Sasuke team up with two of his biggest former opponents in the past and both loved him in some way or another. First Itachi and now Orochimaru. Yes Orochimaru loves Sasuke for his body. I suppose next Sasuke will team up with Danzo? Wouldn't that be a interesting chapter. But yeah if that idea gets rid of Orochimaru and Madara by all means go for it.

lolipiece
11th July 2012, 2:32 AM
Sasuke: I am not a child anymore.

Orochimaru: Damn. There goes my interest in you.

TsukiMirage
11th July 2012, 5:08 AM
Why do I get the feeling Naruto vs. Sasuke will be Naruto vs. Orochimaru possessed Sasuke? Kind of like Aqua vs. Terranort in Kingdom Hearts. Unless Orochimaru get's a power-up soon, he wouldn't stand a chance.

Crimsonlink
11th July 2012, 5:48 AM
Next time on Naruto, Jiraiya comes back to life and its the Sannin vs Madara. >.>

Not very happy Oro came back especially after he was supposed to be sealed by Susanoo. But whatever, the manga will end in a year or so and I want to see where Kishi will go from here.

Shadow Lucario
11th July 2012, 5:51 AM
Not very happy Oro came back especially after he was supposed to be sealed by Susanoo. But whatever, the manga will end in a year or so and I want to see where Kishi will go from here.

That was only a part of him since that's what Sasuke absorbed; a part of him.

Charminions
11th July 2012, 7:01 AM
I was happier with Pedomaru staying dead while leaving a sort of legacy with all the secrets he had, now it's just eh but maybe Kishi will make this turn for the better?

7 tyranitars
11th July 2012, 5:55 PM
So what we al feared was true.. Orochimaru would be resurrected.

Lorde
11th July 2012, 8:23 PM
I thought Sasuke was going to use Edo Tensei to resurrect Orochimaru; I never thought it would be as easy as undoing the seal on Anko's curse mark. What was the point of Itachi sealing Orochimaru with his spirit sword thing if he existed elsewhere? It just makes that whole fight seem redundant.

7 tyranitars
11th July 2012, 8:55 PM
I thought Sasuke was going to use Edo Tensei to resurrect Orochimaru; I never thought it would be as easy as undoing the seal on Anko's curse mark. What was the point of Itachi sealing Orochimaru with his spirit sword thing if he existed elsewhere? It just makes that whole fight seem redundant.

Itachi probably didn't want to be bothered with Orochimaru so he used a "quick" way to deal with him.

Shadow Lucario
11th July 2012, 9:07 PM

That was explained a long time ago. The point was to rid Sasuke of the curse seal. Draw out Orochimaru, stab, curse mark gone. Done.

Locormus
11th July 2012, 9:48 PM
Next time on Naruto, Jiraiya comes back to life and its the Sannin vs Madara. >.>

At this rate, we'll have the entire Akatsuki back in three weeks... >.<

-Raiga-
11th July 2012, 11:59 PM
Yeah, orochimaru being revived is like what I hated about the war all over again, it removes all the interest in the unknown and just explains everything.

I'll admit its been well handled so far, albeit hastily....

Basically I'll reserve my judgement for a few chapters.

Joltik-Kid
12th July 2012, 12:20 AM
So basically, Sasuke's still evil, but deciding on what he needs to do for his brothers legacy and his clan in general...huh

Shneak
12th July 2012, 1:12 AM
At this rate, we'll have the entire Akatsuki back in three weeks... >.<

Over half of them already did. Konan, Hidan and Kisame haven't... yet.

Lorde
12th July 2012, 2:21 AM
Over half of them already did. Konan, Hidan and Kisame haven't... yet.

I wouldn't put it past Kishi to bring Hidan back. He obviously doesn't care about quality anymore; he just wants to showcase a bunch of old characters. How reductive.

Shadow Lucario
12th July 2012, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't put it past Kishi to bring Hidan back. He obviously doesn't care about quality anymore; he just wants to showcase a bunch of old characters. How reductive.

No matter what he does people complain. Introduce new characters that are as strong as the current cast and people complain. Have old characters become strong and people complain.

Platinum fan.
12th July 2012, 2:16 PM
No matter what he does people complain. Introduce new characters that are as strong as the current cast and people complain. Have old characters become strong and people complain.

I wouldn't complain as much. I would have loved the war arc if Tobi had a army of the current most powerful villains in the ninja world that were still alive. I was hoping the war would introduce us to new villains and stuff. I also don't mind old characters becoming strong, as long as it's explained. For the longest time I've wanted Sakura and the Konoha Eleven, or whatever they are called, to get a power upgrade so they can actually be useful. And while some have really showed their stuff others are falling behind.

DANdotW
12th July 2012, 8:45 PM
^ You never know what will happen when they finally arrive to Naruto's battle.

Platinum fan.
12th July 2012, 10:43 PM
Given previous events, it's easy enough to predict what will happen. I can see it now: the reinforcements will arrive, but the Juubi or whatever it is that Tobi's unleashing will be too much for them, and Naruto will be the last hope of the Alliance. In other words, nothing of interest will happen since most of the other ninja in this series have always been useless and Naruto has been a beacon of hope for the longest time.

I can see it now. The reinforcements will arrive and yell "We have a army!" to which Tobi will say "We have a Uchiha." and that Uchiha would be himself XD

Lorde
12th July 2012, 10:43 PM
^ You never know what will happen when they finally arrive to Naruto's battle.

Given previous events, it's easy enough to predict what will happen. I can see it now: the reinforcements will arrive, but the Juubi or whatever it is that Tobi's unleashing will be too much for them, and Naruto will be the last hope of the Alliance.

Shadow Lucario
12th July 2012, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't complain as much. I would have loved the war arc if Tobi had a army of the current most powerful villains in the ninja world that were still alive. I was hoping the war would introduce us to new villains and stuff. I also don't mind old characters becoming strong, as long as it's explained. For the longest time I've wanted Sakura and the Konoha Eleven, or whatever they are called, to get a power upgrade so they can actually be useful. And while some have really showed their stuff others are falling behind.

The only villains that were still alive were Tobi, Kabuto, and Zetsu. You could count Sasuke to an extent, but all the "crimes" he's commited have helped the ninja world. So we did get all the villains that were still alive. If Kabuto didn't use the Edo Tensei Sasuke would still be batsh*t crazy and I would still think Itachi was a cold person that could just kill his parents like it was nothing. I liked how the war was handled, because a lot of wars in manga aren't handled that well i.e. Bleach.

-Raiga-
13th July 2012, 12:24 AM

If it were me 10 chapter into the war, I'd say the same thing, but come on, this war has been handled HORRIBLY. For basically the exact reasons that platinum fan mentioned.

Plus, for all the characters like deidara that uselessly show up, that takes away time from the actual existing new character's developement, like tobi. So far, tobi is just an evil guy, which is sad given the potential he had.

Shadow Lucario
13th July 2012, 1:18 AM
If it were me 10 chapter into the war, I'd say the same thing, but come on, this war has been handled HORRIBLY. For basically the exact reasons that platinum fan mentioned.

Plus, for all the characters like deidara that uselessly show up, that takes away time from the actual existing new character's developement, like tobi. So far, tobi is just an evil guy, which is sad given the potential he had.

The two reasons that they listed? I like the idea of fighting against an undead army. It adds a challenge to the fight. You can't kill them and you need specific ninja in your squad to be able to win. I don't see how it was horribly handled. Because people didn't get the fights they wanted to see? Like that's not selfish. I heard Kishimoto's editor told him to hurry this arc up. If he did all the fights that could have happened then this entire war arc could span over five years easily. Then people would have complained it's taking too long to get to the fight they wanted to see. And Tobi isn't dead yet. His character can still be explored and develop.

Shneak
13th July 2012, 3:16 AM
So where does everyone think Orochimaru is taking Taka? It's 'familiar' to Sasuke, so I would think it's Konoha, but it got destroyed. Neither Sasuke or Orochimaru have seen it since. It would also be convenient to pick up Karin while they're there. If it's not Konoha, maybe the Valley of the End?

Lorde
13th July 2012, 3:21 AM
So where does everyone think Orochimaru is taking Taka? It's 'familiar' to Sasuke, so I would think it's Konoha, but it got destroyed. Neither Sasuke or Orochimaru have seen it since. It would also be convenient to pick up Karin while they're there. If it's not Konoha, maybe the Valley of the End?

I just realized that Suigetsu and Jugo haven't even asked where Karin is. Anyway, I also have a feeling that Orochimaru is taking Sasuke to the Final Valley since it's a symbolic place.

TsukiMirage
13th July 2012, 6:13 AM
The two reasons that they listed? I like the idea of fighting against an undead army. It adds a challenge to the fight. You can't kill them and you need specific ninja in your squad to be able to win. I don't see how it was horribly handled. Because people didn't get the fights they wanted to see? Like that's not selfish. I heard Kishimoto's editor told him to hurry this arc up. If he did all the fights that could have happened then this entire war arc could span over five years easily. Then people would have complained it's taking too long to get to the fight they wanted to see. And Tobi isn't dead yet. His character can still be explored and develop. I gotta disagree. It isn't just because most of the fights were skipped that this war is terrible. A large part of the problem has been that the plot has barely developed and no real drama. The good guys have won nearly every event and the one event they haven't won, Madara vs the Kages, has been rehashed so much that the tension is gone. Not to mention that all the previous events mean nothing now that Naruto is fighting Tobi, which is basically the end game. The war could have been made much better without requiring more chapters by simply shortening and eliminating some of the conflicts, especially the Madara vs Kages and not setting up so many potential fights. Also get rid of the repeat of Gaara's flashbacks and the stuff with Team Taka.

Crimsonlink
13th July 2012, 6:53 AM
The two reasons that they listed? I like the idea of fighting against an undead army. It adds a challenge to the fight. You can't kill them and you need specific ninja in your squad to be able to win. I don't see how it was horribly handled. Because people didn't get the fights they wanted to see? Like that's not selfish. I heard Kishimoto's editor told him to hurry this arc up. If he did all the fights that could have happened then this entire war arc could span over five years easily. Then people would have complained it's taking too long to get to the fight they wanted to see. And Tobi isn't dead yet. His character can still be explored and develop.

Terrible war is terrible war in the end.

Shadow Lucario
13th July 2012, 10:09 AM
Terrible war is terrible war in the end.

Yeah. Bleach's Winter War is a perfect example.

Crimsonlink
13th July 2012, 10:20 AM
Yeah. Bleach's Winter War is a perfect example.

Meh your opinion so what can I do?

Shadow Lucario
13th July 2012, 10:33 AM
Anyway, no Naruto episode today apparently. I kinda expected the anime to take breaks so they wouldn't catch up to the manga too fast since they are in the same arc.

multi-scale
13th July 2012, 3:32 PM
I would have personally wanted Kabuto to be taken out early (preferably in a much better fight, because he was seriously underpowered) and have Naruto and Bee alone fight Tobi with no interruptions. The Madara fight just needs to stop. It's getting kind of annoying to see Madara constantly pulling out God level techniques. The only way this is going to end is if Orochimaru and Sasuke find Hashirama/the Sage and they kill Madara.

Lorde
13th July 2012, 7:29 PM
Meh your opinion so what can I do?

I don't want to get too far into this, but come on. It was supposed to be a war, but it felt like something else entirely (and that's obviously not a compliment).

The current war in Naruto is not much better. The whole thing started out kind of weird with Sasori dying so easily and Deidara getting captured by Kankuro's puppet à la Sakon. Then things just got worse from there. There were some good parts though. Naruto's and Killer's Bee battle against the Bijuu was an interesting event, and Itachi and Sasuke versus Kabuto was a cool battle if you skip over Kabuto's flashbacks. Everything else has been mediocre at best or just plain bad imo.

Alfon
13th July 2012, 10:15 PM
I don't want to get too far into this, but come on. It was supposed to be a war, but it felt like something else entirely (and that's obviously not a compliment).

The current war in Naruto is not much better. The whole thing started out kind of weird with Sasori dying so easily and Deidara getting captured by Kankuro's puppet à la Sakon. Then things just got worse from there. There were some good parts though. Naruto's and Killer's Bee battle against the Bijuu was an interesting event, and Itachi and Sasuke versus Kabuto was a cool battle if you skip over Kabuto's flashbacks. Everything else has been mediocre at best or just plain bad imo.

I kinda have to agree with this. Most of the fights were watered down and had no flavor. Like some of you said there's not much drama because it has been mostly one sided for the most part aka boring.

Though some fights did stand out for me, some of them are:

Kakashi and alliance vs Seven Swordsman(I was happy to see Zabuza back, one of my fav characters in the series. C'mon itts the freak with no eyebrows! haha)
Itachi and Pein vs. B and Naturo(A preview of Naruto's new power against two of the strongest people in the series)
3rd Raikage vs Naruto(A classic naruto fight)
The whole Naruto/B vs Tobi(no need to explain)
The Uchiha bros vs Kabuto
5 kages vs. Madara( just wished madara would of been serious from the start, but because he wasn't it carried on longer that it had to be)

Platinum fan.
14th July 2012, 12:25 PM
The only villains that were still alive were Tobi, Kabuto, and Zetsu. You could count Sasuke to an extent, but all the "crimes" he's commited have helped the ninja world. So we did get all the villains that were still alive. If Kabuto didn't use the Edo Tensei Sasuke would still be batsh*t crazy and I would still think Itachi was a cold person that could just kill his parents like it was nothing. I liked how the war was handled, because a lot of wars in manga aren't handled that well i.e. Bleach.

I doubt all the villains that attack Konoha are the only villains in the world. I'm sure Raikage, Mizukage, Gaara, and the rest have their own share of villains that attack their villages as well. You just don't hear about them because they aren't the main focus like Naruto's village is. I mean we got the Gold and Silver brothers from Raikage's village after all, probably the only new villains this arc produced and they were already dead. Why couldn't Tobi just recruit villain ninjas from other nations instead of zombies?

Half the Edo Tensei's were not even used right. With Neji's dad coming back we didn't even see a Neji, Hinata, Hiashi, Hizashi chapter which could have really helped the Hyuga's who have been shafted during part 2. No Juugo and Kimimaro meeting which could have helped Juugo's character not feel so pointless now. There wasn't even Suigetsu seeing the Seven Swordsman in action. Tsunade and Dan was so last minute and forgettable. Itachi, Nagato, and Asuma are really the only three zombies that actually played a important role...oh and Madara to. Honestly even though I was happy seeing Zabuza and Haku again, the zombies felt pointless if they weren't even going to advance any old characters much. That is what I thought they were going to do and they didn't even do that.

Shadow Lucario
14th July 2012, 9:27 PM
I doubt all the villains that attack Konoha are the only villains in the world. I'm sure Raikage, Mizukage, Gaara, and the rest have their own share of villains that attack their villages as well. You just don't hear about them because they aren't the main focus like Naruto's village is. I mean we got the Gold and Silver brothers from Raikage's village after all, probably the only new villains this arc produced and they were already dead. Why couldn't Tobi just recruit villain ninjas from other nations instead of zombies?

Because he doesn't need them. Hell, he didn't even plan on using the Edo Tensei zombies. Remember Kabuto came to him with that?

Half the Edo Tensei's were not even used right. With Neji's dad coming back we didn't even see a Neji, Hinata, Hiashi, Hizashi chapter which could have really helped the Hyuga's who have been shafted during part 2. No Juugo and Kimimaro meeting which could have helped Juugo's character not feel so pointless now. There wasn't even Suigetsu seeing the Seven Swordsman in action. Tsunade and Dan was so last minute and forgettable. Itachi, Nagato, and Asuma are really the only three zombies that actually played a important role...oh and Madara to. Honestly even though I was happy seeing Zabuza and Haku again, the zombies felt pointless if they weren't even going to advance any old characters much. That is what I thought they were going to do and they didn't even do that.

How would it have helped the Hyuuga? Neji is already an amazing shinobi and we saw growth from Hinata in the Pain arc. Juugo still would have felt pointless regardless. How would him seeing Kimimaro helped his character feel less pointless in any way? Kishimoto wanted to include zombies so why the hell not? It's his story so I don't see the problem. The manga is ending and all the necessary loose ends are being tied up.

The whole thing started out kind of weird with Sasori dying so easily and Deidara getting captured by Kankuro's puppet à la Sakon.

Sasori dies first time, all the time.

Platinum fan.
14th July 2012, 11:44 PM
Because he doesn't need them. Hell, he didn't even plan on using the Edo Tensei zombies. Remember Kabuto came to him with that?

How would it have helped the Hyuuga? Neji is already an amazing shinobi and we saw growth from Hinata in the Pain arc. Juugo still would have felt pointless regardless. How would him seeing Kimimaro helped his character feel less pointless in any way? Kishimoto wanted to include zombies so why the hell not? It's his story so I don't see the problem. The manga is ending and all the necessary loose ends are being tied up.

Sasori dies first time, all the time.

Neji hasn't done a thing on screen in part 2. Manga wise, I don't count anime. Hinata's growth was nothing more then saying she loved Naruto and getting stabbed by Pain for it. She really didn't do anything impressive other then confess her love for Naruto, who ignores it anyway. Maybe I'm asking for to much but I wouldn't have mind seeing The Hyuga family fight Hizashi and see some new moves from them. Shikamaru's squad got some good development when they defeated Asuma so why not others?

As far as Juugo and Kimimaro goes, obviously Kimimaro was important to Juugo so why not have them meet if only to talk. Maybe seeing Kimimaro alive could make Juugo start thinking for himself and stop following Sasuke like a mindless sheep who can't think for himself. If Kishimoto wanted to use zombies to his story, by all means do. Your right it's his story and he's in control. That doesn't mean everyone has to like the choice, and please spare me the "If you don't like it don't read it" line. I've invested to much into Naruto to quit, I still like the series I just think this current war arc has been a big mess with a few good things that have come out of it. If you like it, that is wonderful.

Lorde
15th July 2012, 12:03 AM
Maybe seeing Kimimaro alive could make Juugo start thinking for himself and stop following Sasuke like a mindless sheep who can't think for himself.

I really wish this had happened. In my opinion, Jugo is one of the saddest characters in the story because he has no real goals aside from serving Sasuke. I like Karin because she recently changed her ways, and Suigetsu seems like the type who only follows Sasuke because he can gain something from the alliance. But Jugo has nothing going for him.

Platinum fan.
15th July 2012, 12:17 AM
I really wish this had happened. In my opinion, Jugo is one of the saddest characters in the story because he has no real goals aside from serving Sasuke. I like Karin because she recently changed her ways, and Suigetsu seems like the type who only follows Sasuke because he can gain something from the alliance. But Jugo has nothing going for him.

Seriously if they killed off Juugo right now I wouldn't care at all as we aren't losing anything. At least Karen and Suigetsu are entertaining whenever they do stuff. Juugo is just flat out boring he needs something to help his character, I thought that was why Kimimaro was coming back as a zombie.

Aloz
15th July 2012, 12:55 AM
Naruto is the best character in my opinion i dont care much for Saske since he went with Orochimaru i really did used to like him im interested to see how the plot develops now that hes at least thinkin about changing his mind about killing off Konoha i still want to see Naruto fight him though.

Born Better
15th July 2012, 4:06 AM
I could point out a *censored*ed load of things wrong with this war,but I won't.For now I'll just say that the bad guys have oretty much let the good guys win.

Haven't read in over 9 months.

Shneak
15th July 2012, 8:33 PM
How can you say it's bad if you haven't read it?

PokeMaster366
15th July 2012, 8:37 PM
I just noticed something weird:

In Naruto, they had a habit of killing off substantial characters, but now they chose around this time to revive them all (making their deaths seem moot).

In Bleach, however, the inverse happens. Very few substantial characters were killed off, but all of a sudden, we have this gigantic slaughterfest going on.

Inconsistency much? Then again, these two mangas are nearing the end of their lives, aren't they.

Lorde
15th July 2012, 10:44 PM
I could point out a *censored*ed load of things wrong with this war,but I won't.For now I'll just say that the bad guys have oretty much let the good guys win.

Like someone else pointed out, how can you judge the current arc if you've missed so much of it? For all you know, things might have improved. :c

7 tyranitars
16th July 2012, 11:40 AM

Don't judge if you haven't read it >.>

Lorde
16th July 2012, 4:17 PM
The cover for volume 61 was revealed yesterday. Here it is.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/ketyperr/naruto-volume-61-cover.jpg

I like it. I'm not usually a fan of these colored covers (I miss the ones with the white background, they looked cleaner), but this one is pretty good. I like that unsettled look on Sasuke's face; it's much better than his arrogant look.

Platinum fan.
16th July 2012, 8:30 PM
This cover actually looks really cool. I enjoy Naruto facing off with Tobi and Kabuto in the middle.

lolipiece
17th July 2012, 1:15 AM
Oh God, why.

Kabuto, never make that face again.

Shadow Lucario
17th July 2012, 2:12 AM
I like most of the covers. My favorite one has to volume 39. I just love Taka when they're altogether.

TsukiMirage
17th July 2012, 4:33 AM

I like it. I'm not usually a fan of these colored covers (I miss the ones with the white background, they looked cleaner), but this one is pretty good. I like that unsettled look on Sasuke's face; it's much better than his arrogant look. Once again reminds me how much I dislike the snake coming out of Kabuto's front. Missed when it was like a tail.

7 tyranitars
17th July 2012, 1:45 PM

I like it. I'm not usually a fan of these colored covers (I miss the ones with the white background, they looked cleaner), but this one is pretty good. I like that unsettled look on Sasuke's face; it's much better than his arrogant look.

I like it aswell, even with that disgusting Kabuto in the middle :P.

Lorde
17th July 2012, 5:32 PM
I don't think Kabuto looks that gross. He's just pulling an Orochimaru. Anyway, I wonder what will happen to him now that Orochimaru has drained his snake powers. The natural assumption is that he'll die since he's still caught inside the Izanami, but Kishi will probably take pity on him and free him from the genjutsu before the war is over.

7 tyranitars
17th July 2012, 10:52 PM
I don't think Kabuto looks that gross. He's just pulling an Orochimaru. Anyway, I wonder what will happen to him now that Orochimaru has drained his snake powers. The natural assumption is that he'll die since he's still caught inside the Izanami, but Kishi will probably take pity on him and free him from the genjutsu before the war is over.

Orochimaru is gross aswell :P.

Probably he can't kill of a warped guy.

Banana Knight Arthur
17th July 2012, 11:52 PM

Too busy.

I can do WITHOUT Naruto and Tobi on the cover.

SharpedoX
18th July 2012, 12:53 AM
Anyone noticed we're close to the 1000th page of this particular thread?

Quite an achievement considering how long this has stood.

Aloz
18th July 2012, 2:14 AM
Im quite exited for this latest chapter im hoping Kishi will revel what Saske will decide if wether he wants to punish Konoha or join them in the war since Orochimaru is not interested but ofcourse hes only saying that at least i think hes so sneaky that guy

Charminions
18th July 2012, 2:58 AM
I found this on a different forum and just had to post it.

Sasuke: Hey guise we're gonna bring Orochimaru back from the dead ok
Suigetsu: THAT'S A STUPID IDEA. YOU'RE STUPID. THAT'S. STUPID.
Sasuke: lol no u
*brings back Orochimaru*
Orochimaru: FINALLY AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS I AM FREE... TO CONQUER EARTH!
Sasuke: lol hay gurl
Orochimaru: hay
Sasuke: So can you help me out?
Orochimaru: I WANT TO TAKE OVER YOUR BODY IN CASE YOU DIDN'T GET THE MESSAGE THE FIRST 350 CHAPTERS I WAS SAYING IT but sure why not?
Orochimaru: He's grown so much and isn't the same boy he used to be! :')
Sasuke: lol kthnx
Orochimaru: I AM NOW HELPING YOU FOR SOME COMPLETELY ARBITRARY REASON AFTER BEING REBIRTHED IN THE DUMBEST ****ING WAY POSSIBLE EVEN THOUGH YOU KILLED ME BUT LET'S FACE IT IN THIS MANGA, CHARACTERS JUST DON'T ****ING DIE. EXCEPT FOR JIRAIYA.

the end

Lorde
18th July 2012, 3:45 AM
Anyone noticed we're close to the 1000th page of this particular thread?

Quite an achievement considering how long this has stood.

I know, it's amazing. This thread has been around for almost six years, and it's still a hit thread. I wonder if this thread will be kept open after the manga ends so people can reminisce about it. Anyway, I'm going to predict that the story will shift back to the Gokage. I want to see what Tobi is up to, but I get the feeling that Kishi will save that for later.

TsukiMirage
18th July 2012, 4:07 AM
I wonder if the next chapter will stick with Sasuke and Orochimaru, or skip over to show one of the other two sides. Would be nice to see what the complete Gedo Mazo looks like soon.

Crimsonlink
18th July 2012, 4:22 AM
I hope that the focus will switch to Naruto and Tobi, I can only stand so much snakes in one place.

7 tyranitars
18th July 2012, 12:12 PM
Will there be manga this week? Or is it just late?

Endless
18th July 2012, 2:08 PM
The manga is out.
Obito speculations may arise and I guess the next chapter will have more action.
Also the Ten-tail silhouette looks way different than the earlier one

PokeMaster366
18th July 2012, 2:57 PM
Hooray! We finally get to know more about the Juubi and got a chapter where Sasuke isn't the focus again.

Congrats on the 1000th page. :)

multi-scale
18th July 2012, 3:17 PM
Despite the fact that nothing really happens in this chapter, I really liked it. We got a little more info on the Jyuubi, but what was more important was the setup for next chapter. A one-on-one fight between Tobi and Naruto is going to be pretty good. However, the best part of the chapter had to be Bee's dream.

TsukiMirage
18th July 2012, 3:21 PM
Even though this chapter was more talking then action, it was nice to learn more about the Juubi and it's presumed power. Though honestly, alot of the expostulation in this chapter could have been done away with. And it seems that Tobi may personally know Gai along with Kakashi. Interesting to see Tobi block Naruto with that fan. Nice, if wordy, chapter.

7 tyranitars
18th July 2012, 3:26 PM
Congratz to us for achieving our 1000th Page,

Also I don't want to start an obitobi discusion but either kishi mind****ing us all or Tobi knows Kakashi.

Overal nice chapter good to learn a bit more about the Juubi.

TsukiMirage
18th July 2012, 3:34 PM
Just watch, everyone is expecting Obito and it turns out to be Rin.

7 tyranitars
18th July 2012, 3:35 PM
Just watch, everyone is expecting Obito and it turns out to be Rin.

Sasuke from the future :P

Lorde
18th July 2012, 4:14 PM
So nothing was really revealed aside from some new information about the Juubi. Surprisingly, the chapter was still enjoyable because it focused on Naruto and the others instead of the Gokage or Sasuke. I was also surprised by Tobi's comment to Kakashi; it almost sounded as if he knew Kakashi. Gee, I wonder who he could be. :rolleyes:

Locormus
18th July 2012, 4:17 PM
Sasuke from the future :P

Oh hell no! :P

Yay on a 1000th pages... Now I want everybody to open their blue booklets on page 18 and... Gasp.. It's Tobi's real identity!

Crimsonlink
18th July 2012, 4:34 PM
I'm just happy no Oro or Sasuke for this chapter. Looking forward to see what happens next week.

SharpedoX
18th July 2012, 4:57 PM

What's that sound? Is that whole "Tobi is Obito" theory going back to life?

It sure does sound like it. What can I say; Kishi seems to be really predictable...

gliscor&yanmega
18th July 2012, 7:14 PM
I enjoyed this chapter, as well as the movie chapter. The former is hyping everything up, and is a nice set up for what's to come(Hopefully it wont shift to something else, Sasuke and that can probably take a break while they travel, although we probably should see what's happening with Edo Madara and that). The latter was pretty funny to me.

Platinum fan.
18th July 2012, 8:02 PM
I enjoyed this chapter much more then the chapters we have gotten lately. Maybe it's because I got to see more of Naruto and Kyuubi be friends. I will never get tired of seeing that. Heck just create a full chapter of them bonding and hanging out and I'm sold. Still pretty cool chapter. They are really teasing the Tobi identity aren't they with his comments towards Kakashi. At this point it might as well be you-know-who as it could be anyone.

I see my future Sasuke theory is slowly catching onto this forum like a disease. Eww.

PokeMaster366
18th July 2012, 8:11 PM
I enjoyed this chapter much more then the chapters we have gotten lately. Maybe it's because I got to see more of Naruto and Kyuubi be friends. I will never get tired of seeing that. Heck just create a full chapter of them bonding and hanging out and I'm sold. Still pretty cool chapter. They are really teasing the Tobi identity aren't they with his comments towards Kakashi. At this point it might as well be you-know-who as it could be anyone.

I see my future Sasuke theory is slowly catching onto this forum like a disease. Eww.

It would be so insane if it really was Sasuke from the future, but at the same time, it would make so much sense of what's been going on. At the same time, though, I'm hoping it isn't this. We all know that whenever time travel is involved, things get screwed up so badly and it becomes so difficult to follow what's going on. If the "Sasuke from the future" theory is, in fact, the truth, then Kishi is going to have a s***load of explaining to do.

Shadow Lucario
18th July 2012, 8:26 PM

It sure does sound like it. What can I say; Kishi seems to be really predictable...

Not really predictable when most people accepted that it was Obito. That seems a little too obvious. One thing about that theory is that it lacks anything real to back it such as why would Obito be doing this? He has no reason to want to cast an Infinite Tsukuyomi on the world.

Lorde
18th July 2012, 8:37 PM

I don't think it's too predictable since there have been at least ten popular theories about who Tobi really is, and any of them could be true.

But I am disappointed with Kishi. He made such a big deal about Akatsuki capturing all the Bijuu, and now it seems the last two don't need to be captured. Why did Tobi tell Kisame to go after the Hachibi if he didn't really need him?

Shadow Lucario
18th July 2012, 8:43 PM
But I am disappointed with Kishi. He made such a big deal about Akatsuki capturing all the Bijuu, and now it seems the last two don't need to be captured. Why did Tobi tell Kisame to go after the Hachibi if he didn't really need him?

He did need it, but since time is running thin he will make use with the Chakra. I'm sure he was saving the tentacle as backup, but thought Kisame would be able to take out a potential threat to his plan.

7 tyranitars
18th July 2012, 9:28 PM
Well Tobi said that to Guy in reference to fact he never remembered Kisame. He didn't say that to Kakashi :P.

Charminions
18th July 2012, 9:33 PM
Oh gawd, it's Obito. Kishi will probably pull something out of his *** and say Obito became enlightened and seeked to rule the world to explain Tobi's actions.

Locormus
19th July 2012, 12:15 AM
Ha! Post number 19999! :D

Is this like the longest thread in SPPf? Dunno, but eitherway.. I'm kinda anxious to say that it is indeed Obito.. But that wouldn't explain how Obito could've controlled Kurama when it attacked Konohagakure way back... I mean Kakashi is thirty years old now, but that was 16 years ago, Obito should've been 13/14!

Crimsonlink
19th July 2012, 12:19 AM
I highly doubt its Obito. Tobi should be a brand new character when uncovered. Less *** pull on Kishi's part then.