PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The end is here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109

Shadow Lucario
19th July 2012, 1:35 AM
I highly doubt its Obito. Tobi should be a brand new character when uncovered. Less *** pull on Kishi's part then.

Again, if it was a brand new character there would be no point in teasing his face for so long. Kishi isn't that much of a troll.

Wrave
19th July 2012, 1:51 AM
There is no point in it being another character. You don't build a character like this so much and then it be someone know one knows. It is more than likely you know who or Sasuke from the future. Or Madara from the past. It is someone we have heard of but forgot about.

I do like Kishi teasing us. Every time he is going to reveal himself, something happens. NARUTO JUST BREAK THAT DAMN MASK!!!!

lolipiece
19th July 2012, 1:52 AM
Oh please. At this point, it doesn't matter who Tobi is.

All this buildup. There's no way Kishi can pull off a proper reveal.

Also, quit wasting my time. Show the damn beast and get on with it.

Wrave
19th July 2012, 1:53 AM
Well he did spend 400 + Chapters teasing that Minato was Naruto's dad after numerous times so yeah.

arceus03
19th July 2012, 2:55 AM
I like how Hachibi said Naruto and Kurama are best buddies. lol.

And... That's all. Pretty nice chapter. Looking forward for the fight next week. Just hope it doesn't suddenly switch to Orochimaru and Sasuke.

Just watch, everyone is expecting Obito and it turns out to be Rin.

This totally needs to happen now. lol.

Lorde
19th July 2012, 3:34 AM
There is no point in it being another character. You don't build a character like this so much and then it be someone know one knows. It is more than likely you know who or Sasuke from the future. Or Madara from the past. It is someone we have heard of but forgot about.

I do like Kishi teasing us. Every time he is going to reveal himself, something happens. NARUTO JUST BREAK THAT DAMN MASK!!!!

I gotta say, I am totally against the future Sasuke theory. I think it's just ridiculous, even for this manga. I don't want Kishi to introduce time travel. The past Madara theory actually sounds plausible because Edo Madara seemed to know about the Infinite Tsukuyomi, which Tobi wants to use.

arceus03
19th July 2012, 3:48 AM
I doubt it's a character like Sasuke or Madara, since Guy would be very familiar with both... Tobi did say that Guy's not the kind to remember faces, so it's probably someone we've seen once or twice and never expanded upon after that.

TsukiMirage
19th July 2012, 7:08 AM

What's that sound? Is that whole "Tobi is Obito" theory going back to life?

It sure does sound like it. What can I say; Kishi seems to be really predictable... Fortunately there's plenty of pieces of evidence ensuring that theory remains a far off dream.

Again, if it was a brand new character there would be no point in teasing his face for so long. Kishi isn't that much of a troll. How long did he troll us with Naruto's parentage?

Lorde
19th July 2012, 7:21 AM
Fortunately there's plenty of pieces of evidence ensuring that theory remains a far off dream.

Aside from some age discrepancies and the issue of how Obito could've grown to be a challenge for Minato, both of which can be explained if you factor in Zetsu and Madara, I don't think there's any evidence that would disprove the theory. And of course, I'm choosing to overlook the fact that Obito was crushed by a boulder simply because Kishi is the most inconsistent and fickle mangaka I've ever seen when it comes to death.

Heartlessangel17
19th July 2012, 7:26 AM
Well we know that Tobi is obviously someone from the leaf village who knows Kakashi and Guy, how else would he know about Kakashi's past, and Guy's bad remembering of the faces? (Sorry, horrible grammar there) Now I'm not saying it's Obito, but the leaf definitely has another traitor in its mits. I think it would be an interesting twist if it was Obito, but until Tobi's mask comes off, my theory's are sealed.

How long did he troll us with Naruto's parentage?

Please, there was no trolling there. The second we saw even a glimpse of Minato's hair, it was obvious they were son and father. And besides, Tobi being a new character is on a whole different level than that.

TsukiMirage
19th July 2012, 7:46 AM
Aside from some age discrepancies and the issue of how Obito could've grown to be a challenge for Minato, both of which can be explained if you factor in Zetsu and Madara, I don't think there's any evidence that would disprove the theory. And of course, I'm choosing to overlook the fact that Obito was crushed by a boulder simply because Kishi is the most inconsistent and fickle mangaka I've ever seen when it comes to death. Don't forget though, Madara and Tobi were working together well before the Second War, where he gave Nagato Madara's Rinnegan after his death. He had also been working with Kisame around that time, who knew what his unmasked face looked like and recognized him. And Tobi gave Yahiko the idea for Akatsuki between the Second and Third War. Tobi also mentioned that he had been waiting a long time for events to align so that he could release the Kyuubi. It would take quite a bit of maneuvering to make Tobi into Obito.

In addition, the whole idea that Tobi has to be Obito because he knows about Kamui and has a similar technique doesn't work, since Tobi has shown a bunch of knowledge over the various MS techniques and Obito wouldn't even have known about possessing Kamui or be able to use it with his eye being damaged.

Well we know that Tobi is obviously someone from the leaf village who knows Kakashi and Guy, how else would he know about Kakashi's past, and Guy's bad remembering of the faces? (Sorry, horrible grammar there) Now I'm not saying it's Obito, but the leaf definitely has another traitor in its mits. I think it would be an interesting twist if it was Obito, but until Tobi's mask comes off, my theory's are sealed. Not really. As he showed during the Kyuubi inident, he had been spying on the village for some time, in order to learn when Kushina was about to give birth and Minato's Hiraishin. With Zetsu as a partner, he could have watched them all without them knowing.

Please, there was no trolling there. The second we saw even a glimpse of Minato's hair, it was obvious they were son and father. And besides, Tobi being a new character is on a whole different level than that. But despite that, Kishi didn't reveal it until more then 400 chapters later. He did the same with Deva Path and Nagato, hiding and only revealing a little of there faces despite them being new characters.

arceus03
19th July 2012, 7:57 AM
And of course, I'm choosing to overlook the fact that Obito was crushed by a boulder simply because Kishi is the most inconsistent and fickle mangaka I've ever seen when it comes to death.

Kubo is more inconsistent. At least so far, Jiraiya stays dead. :p

Well we know that Tobi is obviously someone from the leaf village who knows Kakashi and Guy, how else would he know about Kakashi's past, and Guy's bad remembering of the faces?

It's actually Hayate, the guy who was killed by the Sand kunoichi back in the Chuunin exams. :P

Platinum fan.
19th July 2012, 10:52 PM

It's actually Hayate, the guy who was killed by the Sand kunoichi back in the Chuunin exams. :P

I was actually thinking it was Hayate's girlfriend who is pissed off at Konoha for letting themselves become allies with sand who killed Hayate so she becomes Tobi, learns some history/time traveling jutsu to go back in time and use the Kyuubi to destroy the village and take some random Uchiha's eyes. All of this war stuff is just a ruse so she can kill Baki and not get blamed for it, instead of using her time travel to simply save Hayate which Kakashi will berate her for.

Since my future Sasuke theory is actually becoming somewhat popular on this thread...eww. This is my new Tobi theory.

Lorde
20th July 2012, 12:28 AM

Kishi crosses the line between life and death way too often. Which is why I think there's a huge chance that Tobi is someone who previously died. Probably Obito or Izuna imo.

-Raiga-
20th July 2012, 2:06 AM
Again, if it was a brand new character there would be no point in teasing his face for so long. Kishi isn't that much of a troll.

There is no point in it being another character. You don't build a character like this so much and then it be someone know one knows.

Actually, it MORE then likely will be someone new who isn't known to the masses.

So far, Tobi's ENTIRE character is built around him not wanting to be anybody, and what better way to drive that point home, then for him to just be an above average ninja. And honestly, I think this will be the case.(someone from anbu black ops I'm sure)

Anyways, GREAT chapter for once. Plain and simple, I love tobi, and I sure as hell don't like current sasuke or orochimaru.

arceus03
20th July 2012, 2:33 AM
I was actually thinking it was Hayate's girlfriend who is pissed off at Konoha for letting themselves become allies with sand who killed Hayate so she becomes Tobi, learns some history/time traveling jutsu to go back in time and use the Kyuubi to destroy the village and take some random Uchiha's eyes. All of this war stuff is just a ruse so she can kill Baki and not get blamed for it, instead of using her time travel to simply save Hayate which Kakashi will berate her for.

Since my future Sasuke theory is actually becoming somewhat popular on this thread...eww. This is my new Tobi theory.

Sounds legit. :p

Kishi crosses the line between life and death way too often. Which is why I think there's a huge chance that Tobi is someone who previously died. Probably Obito or Izuna imo.

Wasn't the Pain Arc the only time he actually revived dead characters? I mean... I'm not counting Edo Tensei since it's not really coming back to life; it's more like your soul being summoned to do some bad job your summoner wants you to.

Does Guy know Obito/Izuna though? I'm rather leaning towards the moment where Tobi said Guy doesn't remember faces to, like, give a hint that Guy actually knows him from somewhere and he just forgets. Oooh, a future Ten Ten. lol. Taking her revenge for not being given much screentime

Lorde
20th July 2012, 3:05 AM
Wasn't the Pain Arc the only time he actually revived dead characters? I mean... I'm not counting Edo Tensei since it's not really coming back to life; it's more like your soul being summoned to do some bad job your summoner wants you to.

Well Kishi revived Gaara during the Rescue Gaara arc. Madara is another prime example of someone who was dead but managed to come back to life entirely after escaping the Edo Tensei. And ironically enough, it's been heavily hinted that he worked with Tobi at some point in time.

Profesco
20th July 2012, 3:49 AM
They are really teasing the Tobi identity aren't they with his comments towards Kakashi. At this point it might as well be you-know-who as it could be anyone.

I also think Tobi is really Lord Voldemort.

lolipiece
20th July 2012, 4:35 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7d7ptJXtg1qhesdgo4_r1_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7d7ptJXtg1qhesdgo7_r1_1280.jpg

NEJI, HINATA, INO, what did they do to you!? Especially, Hinata....

God, this movie is stupid....

arceus03
20th July 2012, 5:55 AM
Well Kishi revived Gaara during the Rescue Gaara arc. Madara is another prime example of someone who was dead but managed to come back to life entirely after escaping the Edo Tensei. And ironically enough, it's been heavily hinted that he worked with Tobi at some point in time.

Oh yeah, I forgot all about Gaara. :p

Madara... just got so broken. So he's basically immortal now, since he released the Edo Tensei on himself, right?

I also think Tobi is really Lord Voldemort.

I think the one more suitable for that title is Orochimaru, seeing that he can be revived as long as there is a trace of his soul inside anything (read: Horcrux). lol.

Nuuuuuuuuuuu not Neji >_>
lol'd at the shuriken and kunai on Ten Ten's buns btw.

TsukiMirage
20th July 2012, 8:05 AM
God, this movie is stupid.... How can you hate sexy Hinata and playboy Sasuke?

But seriously, I'm real interested in seeing this situation with yin Naruto and the new masked beasts.

Platinum fan.
20th July 2012, 2:38 PM

Wow! Just wow! This movie looks like a bad fanfic really. The only thing I like is the fact that Hinata is flipping everybody off, and Rock Lee seems to be exactly the same in any universe. Neji looks horrible. Thank goodness this is just a movie and will not be put into the manga making it canon. Though I wouldn't mind a scene with Hinata sticking her middle finger out XD

Lorde
20th July 2012, 5:46 PM
I still think the movie's Sasuke is more interesting than the real Sasuke. I read the movie one-shot last night, but I didn't think it was anything special. Just more fan service. The only thing that I liked about it was the last page that showed the Akatsuki members together.

multi-scale
20th July 2012, 5:55 PM
Where is everyone finding this movie chapter?

AT this point I'm suspecting Tobi's face will never be revealed just because Kishimoto can't sastify everyone after all the buildup. Future Sasuke kind of makes sense because Tobi knows Space-Time ninjutsu, but that would be too ****ed up. It might be Izuna because at some point he stated he was weaker than Madara and they both know each other really well, but we're once again faced with the issue on how he knows Kakashi and Guy so well. At this point it could be Sasuke's dad just because he hates Konoha and he wasn't with Itachi and Sasuke during the attack. It better be good though. Making it a new character would totally kill all the hype.

LexSuicune
20th July 2012, 6:56 PM
At this point no one can tell me that it's not Obito lol

Lorde
22nd July 2012, 1:58 AM
AT this point I'm suspecting Tobi's face will never be revealed just because Kishimoto can't sastify everyone after all the buildup. Future Sasuke kind of makes sense because Tobi knows Space-Time ninjutsu, but that would be too ****ed up. It might be Izuna because at some point he stated he was weaker than Madara and they both know each other really well, but we're once again faced with the issue on how he knows Kakashi and Guy so well. At this point it could be Sasuke's dad just because he hates Konoha and he wasn't with Itachi and Sasuke during the attack. It better be good though. Making it a new character would totally kill all the hype.

I don't think he's Sasuke's dad; Itachi and Sasuke would have recognized him if that was the case. I do think Tobi was involved with the Uchiha clan right before he attacked Konoha though. It just seems too convenient that all the adult Uchiha clan members were missing during the Kyuubi's attack. They had to know something.

TsukiMirage
22nd July 2012, 7:56 AM
I don't think he's Sasuke's dad; Itachi and Sasuke would have recognized him if that was the case. I do think Tobi was involved with the Uchiha clan right before he attacked Konoha though. It just seems too convenient that all the adult Uchiha clan members were missing during the Kyuubi's attack. They had to know something. We don't know who all was missing. The only two said to be were their parents. Personally though, I think it's Kagami.

Lorde
23rd July 2012, 6:10 PM
I don't think it's Kagami. He would've been too old for a villain, and Tobi seems to be pretty young. The only thing he has going for him is that he's an Uchiha who Kakashi and Guy might've known in the past. But to be quite honest, Tobi's comment about faces might have been taken out of context to start with.

gliscor&yanmega
23rd July 2012, 6:41 PM

I for one love situations where characters are completely different then they were originally, just like whenever characters switch from a protagonist to antagonist role and vice versa, get to see more from them that way, and it's great for "what ifs".

I plan to actually watch the movie this time, never have with any others, but this just appeals to me greatly.

Shino is a Bug exterminator, all arguments are invalid >: D

At this point no one can tell me that it's not Obito lol

It's not Obito. There I just told you :3

Shadow Lucario
23rd July 2012, 10:23 PM
I don't think it's Kagami. He would've been too old for a villain, and Tobi seems to be pretty young. The only thing he has going for him is that he's an Uchiha who Kakashi and Guy might've known in the past. But to be quite honest, Tobi's comment about faces might have been taken out of context to start with.

I'm 100% positive that he was just talking about how Gai never remembered Kisame even though they fought on three different occasions. I also doubt it's Kagami. He was only shown one time and wasn't important to the plot or anything for that matter. It can't be Fugaku because Itachi killed him and we saw that he accepted that. The only theories that can hold weight right now are Obito and future Sasuke. Izuna died after his eyes were taken/given. What's wrong with the Obito theory though is that Obito has no reason to hate Konoha and the fact that Tobi appears way older than Obito would be.

TsukiMirage
24th July 2012, 1:57 AM
Well the only reason I suspect Kagami is because he's one of the few Uchiha's named from Madara's time and has a connection to two Hokages. I just don't see him being named and abandoned. Instead, I could see him ending up like Shisui, a regular character when introduced who later on is revealed to have been a powerhouse.

Shneak
24th July 2012, 4:42 AM
Late to the party, but I've been out of the country and couldn't post. I'll post my usual thoughts because this was an awesome chapter.

- Ten Tails? Did I miss another chapter?
- Oh god. Tobi kept the remains from the Taka vs Bee battle. At least this twist is plausible.
- Kurama speaking through Naruto is cool. Weird how he changes appearance when Bee doesn't though.
- Conspiracy: Tobi speaks to Kakashi personally by name, but not Guy, Naruto or Bee.
- So the more tails you have, the stronger the beast? Looks like I was wrong.
- Ten Tails is Groudon and Kyogre. Ruby/Sapphire 2 hint!!!111

Like I said, a very nice chapter that I enjoyed a lot. It confuses me why Tobi even fought against Naruto and Bee though, if he could have summoned the Ten Tails right away when Kin and Gin died. And is Tobi planning to become the jinchuuriki? I wouldn't mind seeing him die like the Dwarf in the Flask did.

Heartlessangel17
24th July 2012, 7:24 AM
I'm 100% positive that he was just talking about how Gai never remembered Kisame even though they fought on three different occasions. I also doubt it's Kagami. He was only shown one time and wasn't important to the plot or anything for that matter. It can't be Fugaku because Itachi killed him and we saw that he accepted that. The only theories that can hold weight right now are Obito and future Sasuke. Izuna died after his eyes were taken/given. What's wrong with the Obito theory though is that Obito has no reason to hate Konoha and the fact that Tobi appears way older than Obito would be.

Tobi said so himself: He wants 'peace' for the ninja world. For someone who grew up during a time of constant war, it's plausible for that being Obito's reasoning, a sick, twisted version of peace. Though the reason he hates Konoha? Hmmm, Orochimaru seems to know a lot. Isn't it possible he could have found Obito, and twisted him like he did Kabuto? Also, the reason Tobi seems older, well, think about it. We saw one side of his face, and it looked older, with some wrinkles, but that would also have been the side where the boulder crushed his face. Isn't it possible that could be the reason? Now, I'm not saying that Tobi is Obito for sure, but those are some factors to think about.

Shadow Lucario
24th July 2012, 9:47 AM
Late to the party, but I've been out of the country and couldn't post. I'll post my usual thoughts because this was an awesome chapter.

- Ten Tails? Did I miss another chapter?
- Oh god. Tobi kept the remains from the Taka vs Bee battle. At least this twist is plausible.
- Kurama speaking through Naruto is cool. Weird how he changes appearance when Bee doesn't though.
- Conspiracy: Tobi speaks to Kakashi personally by name, but not Guy, Naruto or Bee.
- So the more tails you have, the stronger the beast? Looks like I was wrong.
- Ten Tails is Groudon and Kyogre. Ruby/Sapphire 2 hint!!!111

Like I said, a very nice chapter that I enjoyed a lot. It confuses me why Tobi even fought against Naruto and Bee though, if he could have summoned the Ten Tails right away when Kin and Gin died. And is Tobi planning to become the jinchuuriki? I wouldn't mind seeing him die like the Dwarf in the Flask did.

I'm pretty sure using the Chakra from the Gold and Silver brothers was just a back up. He probably wanted to get the beasts, but since it's harder than he thought he'll make do with the Chakra.

Tobi said so himself: He wants 'peace' for the ninja world. For someone who grew up during a time of constant war, it's plausible for that being Obito's reasoning, a sick, twisted version of peace. Though the reason he hates Konoha? Hmmm, Orochimaru seems to know a lot. Isn't it possible he could have found Obito, and twisted him like he did Kabuto? Also, the reason Tobi seems older, well, think about it. We saw one side of his face, and it looked older, with some wrinkles, but that would also have been the side where the boulder crushed his face. Isn't it possible that could be the reason? Now, I'm not saying that Tobi is Obito for sure, but those are some factors to think about.

That's not it though. Why would Obito want to kill the Uchiha clan? Remember he helped Itachi with that. Also, Obito has no reason to want to destroy Konoha. There are a lot of things that don't add up with the Obito theory, some being the lack of explanation of the things I've mentioned. How would Obito have gotten on Minato's level of skill in such a short time? He could barely fight a Jonin, but now he is Kage level? For now I'm saying Tobi is Tobi. I'm not going to try and guess who it is. Until his mask is off and it is confirmed who he is, then he's just Tobi to me, nothing more.

Lorde
24th July 2012, 5:28 PM
I could've sworn that I mentioned at least one way for Obito's power level to have risen, and given what we've seen in this manga before, it seemed possible. Anyway, Tobi doesn't have any powerful techniques. All he can really do is teleport and become intangible, which is probably through the use of the same technique. It's not like he was able to defeat Minato or anything; in the end, his teleportation technique wasn't able to stand up to Minato's, and he had to run away like a dog with his tail between his legs. People keep saying that he was on Minato's level, but that's obviously not the case since his plans were foiled.

vodor
24th July 2012, 5:29 PM
I bet , The Ten Tail Beast will turn on Tobi and kill him!
Then he probably will adsorb Nine tail Fox & Eight Tail Ox to gain his true form!

TsukiMirage
24th July 2012, 7:31 PM
I could've sworn that I mentioned at least one way for Obito's power level to have risen, and given what we've seen in this manga before, it seemed possible. Anyway, Tobi doesn't have any powerful techniques. All he can really do is teleport and become intangible, which is probably through the use of the same technique. It's not like he was able to defeat Minato or anything; in the end, his teleportation technique wasn't able to stand up to Minato's, and he had to run away like a dog with his tail between his legs. People keep saying that he was on Minato's level, but that's obviously not the case since his plans were foiled. Tobi came close to defeating Minato twice and had Minato on the run most of the fight. Minato had to resort to a surprise attack to score a hit that barely did major damage and as we have since seen, wouldn't have stopped Tobi if he had wanted to continue the fight, not when he had access to Izanagi haxness. Nor did Minato really foil anything. At best, he delayed Tobi's plan for a short while, but outside of plot reasons, there was nothing preventing Tobi from simply returning the next day and finishing things.

lolipiece
25th July 2012, 2:18 AM
OK, saw the movie chapter.

I was...alright, actually. Though the movie still looks stupid.

Though, honestly, it didn't feel like much of a Naruto chapter.

Celestial Moth
25th July 2012, 2:32 AM
I recon orochimaru is gonna revive the first hokage in order to defeat whoever is still behind that mask :P

Lorde
25th July 2012, 2:37 AM
Tobi came close to defeating Minato twice and had Minato on the run most of the fight. Minato had to resort to a surprise attack to score a hit that barely did major damage and as we have since seen, wouldn't have stopped Tobi if he had wanted to continue the fight, not when he had access to Izanagi haxness. Nor did Minato really foil anything. At best, he delayed Tobi's plan for a short while, but outside of plot reasons, there was nothing preventing Tobi from simply returning the next day and finishing things.

I think you're giving Tobi too much credit.

I recon orochimaru is gonna revive the first hokage in order to defeat whoever is still behind that mask :P

Hashirama's soul cannot be revived because it was sealed inside the God of Death.

SharpedoX
25th July 2012, 2:48 AM
Well the only reason I suspect Kagami is because he's one of the few Uchiha's named from Madara's time and has a connection to two Hokages. I just don't see him being named and abandoned. Instead, I could see him ending up like Shisui, a regular character when introduced who later on is revealed to have been a powerhouse.

This seems plausible. Something that has been in my mind these days is that Obito and Kagami are actually the same. Don't know how far-fetched that sounds but we've been through more complicated scenarios, I think.

Shneak
25th July 2012, 3:19 AM
OK, saw the movie chapter.

I was...alright, actually. Though the movie still looks stupid.

Though, honestly, it didn't feel like much of a Naruto chapter.

The bath one? It wasn't that great. It's nice to see the Konoha 11 interacting, but I would rather it be in a less perverted way. The last panel with all of the Akatsuki revived almost redeemed it though.

Lorde
25th July 2012, 4:50 AM
Yeah the one-shot was just plain weird. I would have preferred something with the alternate-reality characters, not just some story about a bath house.

TsukiMirage
25th July 2012, 6:01 AM
I think you're giving Tobi too much credit. How so? The series has shown that Tobi can use Izanagi and can take quite a bit of damage without slowing down. We also saw that he could enter Konoha without anyone knowing about it. According to Itachi, he had been coming and going for some time. If he could enter Konoha to read the tablet and murder a bunch of Uchiha's, then he could have just as easily entered to grab baby Naruto, since at that point no one was even aware of his existences.

Crimsonlink
25th July 2012, 6:06 AM
How so? The series has shown that Tobi can use Izanagi and can take quite a bit of damage without slowing down. We also saw that he could enter Konoha without anyone knowing about it. According to Itachi, he had been coming and going for some time. If he could enter Konoha to read the tablet and murder a bunch of Uchiha's, then he could have just as easily entered to grab baby Naruto, since at that point no one was even aware of his existences.

Konan beat him except that Izanagi was hax enough to let him win.

While Tobi isn't weak, he certainly isn't the strongest in direct combat. Also Minato had Tobi beat for the most part.

TsukiMirage
25th July 2012, 6:23 AM
Konan beat him except that Izanagi was hax enough to let him win.

While Tobi isn't weak, he certainly isn't the strongest in direct combat. Also Minato had Tobi beat for the most part. Konan was able to do so good because Tobi allowed her. He knew she had something planned and wanted to see what it was. And while Tobi isn't the strongest in direct combat, his abilities give him a huge edge. That's the thing. Had Tobi not left, what could Minato have possibly done to him when he had already employed his ace for relatively minor damage?

Crimsonlink
25th July 2012, 8:18 AM
Konan was able to do so good because Tobi allowed her. He knew she had something planned and wanted to see what it was. And while Tobi isn't the strongest in direct combat, his abilities give him a huge edge. That's the thing. Had Tobi not left, what could Minato have possibly done to him when he had already employed his ace for relatively minor damage?

Relatively minor damage? Minato got a Rasengan on Tobi and canceled the contract with Kurama at the same time. If Minato wasn't distracted by Kurama attacking then Minato would have won against Tobi.

All Tobi has shown us is that he is a one trick pony with teleportation and phasing out of existence.

I'll add my 2 cents to the who the hell is Tobi theories.

I believe that Tobi is actually Shisui Uchiha.

arceus03
25th July 2012, 10:55 AM
Nice to see the color pages.

Other than that, it's a bunch of fighting. Nothing worth mentioning. This sort of thing is better seen animated, so yeah.

Though I do wonder why Kamui doesn't work on the statue.

Shadow Lucario
25th July 2012, 11:23 AM
Whoever said we're over estimating Tobi is pretty much shut up in this chapter. Holy crap is he good. Mask is starting to crack. Face reveal soon?

lolipiece
25th July 2012, 11:39 AM
Pissing me off here. Where's the Ten Tails, dammit?

Lucario At Service
25th July 2012, 12:13 PM
Other than that, it's a bunch of fighting. Nothing worth mentioning. This sort of thing is better seen animated, so yeah.

Just wish they don't make it like Naruto (in 6-tails mode) and Pain fight. If they do something like that it would be really boring.

lolipiece
25th July 2012, 12:18 PM
Just wish they don't make it like Naruto (in 6-tails mode) and Pain fight. If they do something like that it would be really boring.

With quality animation?

waffle_x_v
25th July 2012, 1:04 PM
Awful chapter is awful. Fighting scenes always suck in manga.

gliscor&yanmega
25th July 2012, 3:19 PM
Nothing worth mentioning.

Tobi's mask being cracked seems worth mentioning to me.

Lorde
25th July 2012, 4:21 PM
The fact that Tobi's mask cracked pretty much confirms two things: a) his face will be revealed soon, and b) even though Naruto, Kakashi and Guy weren't able to land any hits, Tobi is not invincible. Kakashi's Kamui was the most interesting moment of the chapter since it reinforces the fact that both he and Tobi have a similar technique. I wonder who Tobi is. :rolleyes:

Platinum fan.
25th July 2012, 4:45 PM
Everyboy was kung fu fighting...ninja style and that was pretty much the whole chapter. I think it's kinda insteresting that we may possibly see Tobi's face before Madara is taken down. They'll probably be taken down together. Anyway it's weird but the blood coming out of the statue thingie's eyes creeped me out. I mean Naruto has had plenty of blood in it and I've always been okay with it. Heck seeing Sasuke and Itachi cry blood never made me twitch I enjoyed the chapters of them crying blood but that statue...ugh. It freaked Platinum fan out! Not enough to stop reading though, no way! I can't wait for the statue thingie to start fighting. I know it has a name but I just call it the statue. It's also cool to see Kakashi and Guy still able to keep up with the new generation. Yes their time as being Konoha's top dogs is slowly coming to a close but they ain't just going to roll over for them without one big final.

Crimsonlink
25th July 2012, 4:51 PM
Whoever said we're over estimating Tobi is pretty much shut up in this chapter. Holy crap is he good. Mask is starting to crack. Face reveal soon?

Ok so phasing out of attacks and having hax dojutsu's doesn't help him right?

The chapter was good with the action. Guy was the most awesome though, with just pure taijutsu. Overall a good chapter with action.

Predictions for future chapters:

Naruto will fail considering he was supposed to run out of chakra a long time ago. Cue false 10 tails and then the army appears. Then its 50,000 vs a false 10 tails. The end result will be Bee's capture and the army retreating with Naruto. Sakura should die during this

The 10 tails is unstable so Tobi extracts Bee for about 2 weeks while the others train. Meanwhile Sasuke and Oro find who they are looking for and more is revealed on what the hell is going on.

I dunno where Madara would fit into this though. Onoki sacrifices himself I would guess and manages to kill the alive again Madara.

Cue final battle with Naruto's huge Bijudama Rasengan winning over the 10 tails and Tobi with help from the army. <-> Sasuke vs Naruto happens. (Either Sasuke vs Naruto happens first or it will be Naruto vs Tobi and 10 tails)

End of Naruto. That should be it unless Kishi extends the series even more.

Lorde
25th July 2012, 5:18 PM
Awful chapter is awful. Fighting scenes always suck in manga.

This is primarily an action manga, what did you expect?

And it's times like these that make me wish Konan was still alive so she could tell Naruto about the time limit of Tobi's intangibility.

TsukiMirage
25th July 2012, 7:17 PM
A chapter full of fighting. Simple but nice. It was pretty cool seeing Gai show some intelligences in a fight, and for Kakashi to not forget about the Gedo Mazo. I suspect the thing with Kamui is another red herring, though it does mean that Tobi wasn't just talking big before. But the real star was Tobi, who finally starting to show why he's the main villain. Never thought a fan would be such a good weapon. Anyway, Tobi keeping up with Gai, Naruto, and Kakashi all at once says quite a bit about his strength. Shame he's not using any other ninjutsu or abilities. Nice chapter.

Relatively minor damage? Minato got a Rasengan on Tobi and canceled the contract with Kurama at the same time. If Minato wasn't distracted by Kurama attacking then Minato would have won against Tobi.

All Tobi has shown us is that he is a one trick pony with teleportation and phasing out of existence. A Rasengan that caused him to lose a single hand and releasing a beast that was taking all his power to control? The fact remains that Minato showed nothing to give him an actual win, apart from the Dead Demon seal and even that's questionable in the face of Izanagi's reset.

Tobi is a one trick pony, but with a pretty haxed trick.

Shneak
25th July 2012, 8:14 PM
- Chaps. Okay...
- Guy's nunchucks. Haven't seen them in along time.
- Straight-up action scenes. Nice.
- So how did Tobi stop Kakashi? His own Sharingan?
- I figured Bee would have more of a role since he seems to be the strongest in his state. He vanished indeed.
- Still trying to steal Kurama?
- Overwhelming power is a bit too much of a compliment at this point. Tobi just dodges really well.

Good chapter; can't complain. This is more action in a single chapter than any other fight in the war that I can remember, at least. I want to see Tobi actually attack though. Kishi is surprisingly holding back on his Sharingan and Rinnegan jutsu.

Emperor Empoleon
25th July 2012, 8:54 PM
Kamui get's trolled by Tobi yet again, eh?

Shadow Lucario
25th July 2012, 10:57 PM
Ok so phasing out of attacks and having hax dojutsu's doesn't help him right?

Just because he has a certain attack or ability doesn't mean he will be good with it. Remember what Hiruzen said? An expert with a rock can beat a novice with a kunai. It doesn't matter if what you have is better if you don't know how to use it.

I don't think Tobi did anything to stop Kamui being used on Gedo Mazou. I have a feeling it's the same reason why Kamui can't be used on him. Maybe it has something to do with Hashirama's DNA.

TsukiMirage
26th July 2012, 3:32 AM
Zetsu was the one who made that reference.

Lorde
26th July 2012, 8:13 PM
Kamui get's trolled by Tobi yet again, eh?

For a Mangekyo Sharingan technique, it sure does get trolled a lot. I'm still curious as to why Kakashi has never used the other Mangekyo Sharingan techniques like Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi. The same could be asked about Tobi.

Platinum fan.
26th July 2012, 8:27 PM
For a Mangekyo Sharingan technique, it sure does get trolled a lot. I'm still curious as to why Kakashi has never used the other Mangekyo Sharingan techniques like Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi. The same could be asked about Tobi.

I just assumed Kakashi lacks the chakra for it maybe? It's been stated many times by others like Orochimaru, Kabuto, and even Kakashi himself that he lacks the chakra and Uchiha body to fully control the Sharingan eye. And considering Mangekyo Sharingan wears down Itachi so greatly whenever he used it when he was alive, I imagine it might kill Kakashi just to pull it off. I have no idea about Tobi. Maybe he's saving it for when he really needs it?

Lucario At Service
26th July 2012, 9:26 PM

Though i am not sure why Tobi haven't used MS jutsus, but i doubt Kakashi can use them as first he isn't a Uchiha, and the other is that only highly skilled Uchiha's with high amount of chakra are able to unlock the usage of Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi and Susanoo (after first unlocking MS).

If i am right, it was said long back that the Uchiha's have killed a lot of there family members or friends in ordered to get those power but only a few got then and only 1 had successfully got the EMS (before Sasuke).

Thats why there are unique MS abilities to begin with. Since not everyone can get those 3 jutsus, it is balanced out by them getting a unique ability of MS which the user can further develop to create new MS justus (like Kamui or Kotoamatsukami or Sasuke's ability to use Enton).

There are also Izanagi and Izanami which any Uchiha can use (i believe those are normal Sharingan justu), though at the cost of losing there eye. Thats why i don't think Kakashi would use them either as it would result in him losing his only Sharingan which would be bad for this battle.

On a side note, well this is not related to the manga but for the Hinata fans in this forum, here is something that was showcased in today's anime episode 271 (which is related to the upcoming movie in some way),

http://i50.*******.com/2rwwdpx.jpg

JJDalts
27th July 2012, 1:32 AM
On a side note, well this is not related to the manga but for the Hinata fans in this forum, here is something that was showcased in today's anime episode 271 (which is related to the upcoming movie in some way),

Was this episode something to do with the new movie? I havent been paying attention to the movie-related stuff, and the episode kinda threw me.

And holy cow, Hinata fanservice!?

-Raiga-
27th July 2012, 2:55 AM
I don't really have anything deep or intriguing to say bout the chapter really, it was just great battling, just a FEW more chapters like these sprinkled throughout the war would have helped so much. On a simpler note, I really liked seeing color pics again, particularly of Tobi.

Shneak
27th July 2012, 4:39 AM
I like how the fight included actual strategy too. It's not just explosions and Naruto flinging attacks around. Naruto is the frontal assault that forces Tobi to become intangible, and then when he retailates and becomes tangible, Kakashi and Guy attack. And they're using ninja tools. Simple but relatively unseen.

TsukiMirage
27th July 2012, 5:13 AM
Though i am not sure why Tobi haven't used MS jutsus, but i doubt Kakashi can use them as first he isn't a Uchiha, and the other is that only highly skilled Uchiha's with high amount of chakra are able to unlock the usage of Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi and Susanoo (after first unlocking MS).

If i am right, it was said long back that the Uchiha's have killed a lot of there family members or friends in ordered to get those power but only a few got then and only 1 had successfully got the EMS (before Sasuke).

Thats why there are unique MS abilities to begin with. Since not everyone can get those 3 jutsus, it is balanced out by them getting a unique ability of MS which the user can further develop to create new MS justus (like Kamui or Kotoamatsukami or Sasuke's ability to use Enton).

There are also Izanagi and Izanami which any Uchiha can use (i believe those are normal Sharingan justu), though at the cost of losing there eye. Thats why i don't think Kakashi would use them either as it would result in him losing his only Sharingan which would be bad for this battle.

http://i50.*******.com/2rwwdpx.jpg It was implied there was others besides Madara who gained EMS, which is how they learnt it had to be done between blood relatives.

And I loved Hinata in the red dress, though I have to question that imagery and placement of the flytrap.

Lorde
27th July 2012, 5:45 AM
I have no idea about Tobi. Maybe he's saving it for when he really needs it?

I don't know. It seems like Tobi can't use them at all. I'm starting to get the feeling that he's not really an Uchiha. The fact that his Sharingan is always active like Kakashi's supports that theory. The only thing he has going for him is that he was able to control the Kyuubi, although we never actually got to see his Mangekyo Sharingan.

waffle_x_v
27th July 2012, 6:59 AM
That's what I'm thinking too. ^ He just seems like a poser atm.

lolipiece
27th July 2012, 7:16 AM

OK, what the hell.

What is with this manga's obsession over Hinata's tits lately? We get it, they're big.

They never pointed that out until recently....

Heartlessangel17
27th July 2012, 8:54 AM
I think you're giving Tobi too much credit.

I agree with you. Only reason Tobi came close to 'defeating' Minato was because he kept teleporting and going intangible, and summoned the Kyuubi. It was obvious in this chapter that the only thing that makes Tobi 'powerful' is his fighting style itself. We've seen him use no other justu at all. In fact, he would be dead if it weren't for the fact that he used Izanagi against Konan. Tobi is a pretty weak fighter with a cheap ability on his side. Thats all.

Lucario At Service
27th July 2012, 9:48 AM
It was implied there was others besides Madara who gained EMS, which is how they learnt it had to be done between blood relatives.

And I loved Hinata in the red dress, though I have to question that imagery and placement of the flytrap.

Well i rechecked ch386, and from it i understood that Madara was the first person to get the EMS. After that many people tried to get it but none of them were successful. So, in the end though there were a lot of MS user in the Uchiha clan, there still was only one EMS user at that time (until Sasuke that is).

Also if there truly was another EMS user, he would have been famous like Madara.

As for that flytrap, well that was how it was in that episode, and i found that pic on 2chan. Now think about it what kind of other pics you would find in there because of that placement (it took me some time to find the correct one without those kind of edits in 2chan before i could post it anywhere else).

OK, what the hell.

What is with this manga's obsession over Hinata's tits lately? We get it, they're big.

They never pointed that out until recently....

Well it was first pointed out in ch 442, and i do remember how the fandom reacted to it. The same case happened with Konan as well. She was the second person to cause that kind of reaction after her normal figure (without the Akatsuki cape) in some kind of book by Kishimoto-Sensei.

Well i guess they obsessed with it because it was well hidden for such a long time and the number of Hinata's fan in the fandom is huge.

And i can't say they are wrong, they way she looks in that scene is really great.

lolipiece
27th July 2012, 10:15 AM
Venus flytrap near Hinata's crotch area?

.................OK, who wants to make a joke out of that? I got a bunch, but I can't pick one to use.

Well i rechecked ch386, and from it i understood that Madara was the first person to get the EMS. After that many people tried to get it but none of them were successful. So, in the end though there were a lot of MS user in the Uchiha clan, there still was only one EMS user at that time (until Sasuke that is).

Also if there truly was another EMS user, he would have been famous like Madara.

As for that flytrap, well that was how it was in that episode, and i found that pic on 2chan. Now think about it what kind of other pics you would find in there because of that placement (it took me some time to find the correct one without those kind of edits in 2chan before i could post it anywhere else).

Well it was first pointed out in ch 442, and i do remember how the fandom reacted to it. The same case happened with Konan as well. She was the second person to cause that kind of reaction after her normal figure (without the Akatsuki cape) in some kind of book by Kishimoto-Sensei.

Well i guess they obsessed with it because it was well hidden for such a long time and the number of Hinata's fan in the fandom is huge.

And i can't say they are wrong, they way she looks in that scene is really great.

I thought people already figured this out back when Hinata was being healed after her loss to Neji at the Chunin Exams....

Even with that post-timeskip jacket, it wasn't exactly hard to figure out.

Platinum fan.
27th July 2012, 2:34 PM
I don't know. It seems like Tobi can't use them at all. I'm starting to get the feeling that he's not really an Uchiha. The fact that his Sharingan is always active like Kakashi's supports that theory. The only thing he has going for him is that he was able to control the Kyuubi, although we never actually got to see his Mangekyo Sharingan.

Tobi is Hayate's girlfriend. That's my new theory and I'm sticking with it since my "future Sasuke" idea has actually gotten some support. Again I say eww.

And as far as that Hinata picture goes, while I'll admit Hinata looks good in it I will be honest I never noticed the obsession of showing off Hinata's boobs. Really I haven't. I only just started seeing it with the movie picture of her flipping everyone off. Is the manga really trying to show off her boobs? I wonder why I never noticed? My lack of caring may have been a factor but usually I'd at least see it.

7 tyranitars
27th July 2012, 4:52 PM
Tobi is Hayate's girlfriend. That's my new theory and I'm sticking with it since my "future Sasuke" idea has actually gotten some support. Again I say eww.

And as far as that Hinata picture goes, while I'll admit Hinata looks good in it I will be honest I never noticed the obsession of showing off Hinata's boobs. Really I haven't. I only just started seeing it with the movie picture of her flipping everyone off. Is the manga really trying to show off her boobs? I wonder why I never noticed? My lack of caring may have been a factor but usually I'd at least see it.

I didn't knew you had that first XD it was actualy a joke from my part :3.

Lorde
27th July 2012, 6:15 PM
Ugh, I can't at that Hinata picture. I'm all for a little fan service every once in a while, but that was too vulgar in my opinion. Female characters need to shine in this series, but not by constantly showing off their bodies like that. I hope Kishi somehow redeems Sakura and Hinata before the manga ends.

Crimsonlink
27th July 2012, 6:16 PM
Ugh, I can't at that Hinata picture. I'm all for a little fan service every once in a while, but that was too vulgar in my opinion. Female characters need to shine in this series, but not by constantly showing off their bodies like that. I hope Kishi somehow redeems Sakura and Hinata before the manga ends.

Hinata jumping in front of Naruto to fight Pain redeemed her. Sakura is pretty much beyond redemption now that the manga is nearing its end.

Lucario At Service
27th July 2012, 6:36 PM
Hinata jumping in front of Naruto to fight Pain redeemed her. Sakura is pretty much beyond redemption now that the manga is nearing its end.

Actually the story isn't near its yet as per Kishimoto-Sensei.

I am not sure if people here knew about it or not, but in a recent interview to Famitsu, he suggested that there is still a lot left to the story with some quite interesting surprises and things are going to get interesting with Naruto.

Here is the link to the translated version of that interview,
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/77780

TsukiMirage
27th July 2012, 7:01 PM
I don't know. It seems like Tobi can't use them at all. I'm starting to get the feeling that he's not really an Uchiha. The fact that his Sharingan is always active like Kakashi's supports that theory. The only thing he has going for him is that he was able to control the Kyuubi, although we never actually got to see his Mangekyo Sharingan. Itachi kept his Sharingan active most of the time too, so that doesn't mean anything. The fact that it's uncovered actually would suggest otherwise, since the drain would be enormous on an non-Uchiha. And Itachi referred to him as an Uchiha, and Itachi seem to know quite a bit about him.

I agree with you. Only reason Tobi came close to 'defeating' Minato was because he kept teleporting and going intangible, and summoned the Kyuubi. It was obvious in this chapter that the only thing that makes Tobi 'powerful' is his fighting style itself. We've seen him use no other justu at all. In fact, he would be dead if it weren't for the fact that he used Izanagi against Konan. Tobi is a pretty weak fighter with a cheap ability on his side. Thats all. By that logic, Minato wasn't power at all because he relied mainly on Hiraishin. Just because Tobi isn't using a bunch of techniques doesn't lessen how powerful he is. Heck, he's going toe to toe with three powerful ninjas, one of which is the fastest ninja around, and not only is holding his own but keeping them on the defensive. Naruto even mentions how physically strong Tobi is, and he handled a punch from the Raikage.

As for that flytrap, well that was how it was in that episode, and i found that pic on 2chan. Now think about it what kind of other pics you would find in there because of that placement (it took me some time to find the correct one without those kind of edits in 2chan before i could post it anywhere else). Right, Madara was the first person to gain it, but in order to learn the specifics of what it took to gain it, others would have had to succeed.

One would think that would also be true of any other MS user too, yet we have barely heard anything, despite there apparently being Susanoo users among them.

And I know that was how it was in the episode, which makes it so bad. I mean, just on the implications alone...

Joltik-Kid
27th July 2012, 8:17 PM
This chapter was pretty wack in terms of fighting and stuff. Awesome no less, but hard to keep up with given the nature of Tobi's attacking pattern and ability

Not surprised that there are still people who bash her character

Lorde
27th July 2012, 10:14 PM
Actually the story isn't near its yet as per Kishimoto-Sensei.

I am not sure if people here knew about it or not, but in a recent interview to Famitsu, he suggested that there is still a lot left to the story with some quite interesting surprises and things are going to get interesting with Naruto.

Here is the link to the translated version of that interview,
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/77780

I was hoping this was fake, but it seems legit. Honestly though, this series should end soon. The story has been heading towards a conclusion for years now, and I don't like that Kishi is milking the manga for all it's worth. But at least it's been confirmed that some characters that were never intended to appear will make their debut at some point.

Shadow Lucario
27th July 2012, 10:29 PM
By that logic, Minato wasn't power at all because he relied mainly on Hiraishin. Just because Tobi isn't using a bunch of techniques doesn't lessen how powerful he is. Heck, he's going toe to toe with three powerful ninjas, one of which is the fastest ninja around, and not only is holding his own but keeping them on the defensive. Naruto even mentions how physically strong Tobi is, and he handled a punch from the Raikage.

Well, Minato didn't solely rely on it. He was already the fastest shinobi without it. Minato is powerful because he knows how to combine his techniques well and can easily formulate a counterattack like he did against Tobi. On the other hand Tobi is powerful because he knows how to defend while he's attacking and is apparently crazy strong since he blocked Zabuza's sword with one arm and wasn't at all harmed.

Platinum fan.
28th July 2012, 12:18 AM
I didn't knew you had that first XD it was actualy a joke from my part :3.

While I'm certain someone on another forum has brought up a future Sasuke theory, probably on a real Naruto forum, Nobody ever mentioned time travel in Naruto on Serebi so I made up a Future Sasuke from a alternate universe theory. It was many pages back and I'm to lazy to dig it up. It was a joke theory I made though, just to get people off Obito is Tobi. I really don't want there to be any time travel in Naruto whatsoever. But I have noticed the future Sasuke theory being brought up more and more. I really hope people don't actually think Tobi is Sasuke from the future.

As far as the other stuff everyone's talking about, I do think they can redeem Sakura despite what everyone says, it will be hard but it can be done, Hinata doesn't really need much redemption as her character hasn't really suffered manga-wise other then neglect. As far as Naruto being far from over I mean what is there left to do after Tobi and Sasuke? I can only imagine Naruto trying to take some kind of Hokage exam. He's already the strongest in Konoha now anyway so I don't know how much more Naruto has to give.

-Raiga-
28th July 2012, 12:30 AM
As far as Naruto being far from over I mean what is there left to do after Tobi and Sasuke? I can only imagine Naruto trying to take some kind of Hokage exam. He's already the strongest in Konoha now anyway so I don't know how much more Naruto has to give.

There ain't much left to DO, its more how much is left that he'll ADD. If this entire war is any indication, Kishimoto has no problem with making quite a few backstory chapters, and when there are so many things unexplained like the uzumaki clan, or whatever kakashi's "year" would become, and so on.

Luckily, it seems every since the Edo Madara reveal chapter, and specifically the current chapters, Kishimoto has been rushing to get a lot of things tied up.

Joltik-Kid
28th July 2012, 4:51 AM
As far as the other stuff everyone's talking about, I do think they can redeem Sakura despite what everyone says, it will be hard but it can be done, Hinata doesn't really need much redemption as her character hasn't really suffered manga-wise other then neglect. As far as Naruto being far from over I mean what is there left to do after Tobi and Sasuke? I can only imagine Naruto trying to take some kind of Hokage exam. He's already the strongest in Konoha now anyway so I don't know how much more Naruto has to give.
What's gonna be so hard about it? I know your one of the few people in this thread that doesn't hate Sakura...but everything done with her character thus far is typical Shonen main heroins. People seem to complain for the sake of complaining. If Kishi's involvement in the current movie suggests anything, her redemption will falling for Naruto and letting go of her lingering feelings for Sasuke.

TsukiMirage
28th July 2012, 6:06 AM
Well, Minato didn't solely rely on it. He was already the fastest shinobi without it. Minato is powerful because he knows how to combine his techniques well and can easily formulate a counterattack like he did against Tobi. On the other hand Tobi is powerful because he knows how to defend while he's attacking and is apparently crazy strong since he blocked Zabuza's sword with one arm and wasn't at all harmed. Minato's not the fastest ninja without it, he's the fastest ninja with it, as shown when he fought Ee. Anyway, the point is that only using a few techniques doesn't decrease his strength, especially when he's fighting three strong ninjas at once and forcing them to constantly protect each other. .

Crimsonlink
28th July 2012, 8:03 AM
What's gonna be so hard about it? I know your one of the few people in this thread that doesn't hate Sakura...but everything done with her character thus far is typical Shonen main heroins. People seem to complain for the sake of complaining. If Kishi's involvement in the current movie suggests anything, her redemption will falling for Naruto and letting go of her lingering feelings for Sasuke.

Translation for the post* I want Naruto to end up with Sakura and that will be Sakura's redemption.

That would be fine if Kishi makes it work but it wouldn't be canon since the movie isn't canon. Unless he makes it happen in the manga.

You have to realize something at the same time. THERE IS NO TYPICAL MAIN SHONEN FEMALE HEROINE!

It isn't typical to be a tsundere female that acts like Sakura does in the manga.

Lets look at DB and DBZ, Bulma was the heroine back then and in DBZ there was none. Bulma was very flirty and strong willed but disappeared for long periods of time. DBZ there was no main heroine.

Bleach, Rukia and Orihime, one is a fighter and another is a healer.

One Piece, Nami and Robin. Nami is a navigator while Robin is the historian.

Females barely do anything typical in shonen manga except be there as a love interest or a minor role.

There are of course exceptions like Kagome from Inuyasha.

Shadow Lucario
28th July 2012, 1:02 PM
Minato's not the fastest ninja without it, he's the fastest ninja with it, as shown when he fought Ee. Anyway, the point is that only using a few techniques doesn't decrease his strength, especially when he's fighting three strong ninjas at once and forcing them to constantly protect each other. .

No. That wouldn't be his speed. That's just teleporting. Without using Flying Thunder God he was faster than the Raikage which he said when he was in the skirmish with Naruto.

Lucario At Service
28th July 2012, 1:43 PM
I was hoping this was fake, but it seems legit. Honestly though, this series should end soon. The story has been heading towards a conclusion for years now, and I don't like that Kishi is milking the manga for all it's worth. But at least it's been confirmed that some characters that were never intended to appear will make their debut at some point.

Well even if the story is heading towards the conclusion, i still wouldn't want it to end soon as there is still a lot of unanswered question left in the story and if it ends soon then the possibility of them getting answered would be lowered and the ending of the story would most likely end up like the ending of Air Gear and Mahou Sensei Negima in which a lot of questions remained unanswered and that was really not good.

I really wouldn't want that to happen to Naruto as well. I want Kishi to finish the story without leaving any sort of unanswered points, and if it takes him even 100 or 200 more chapters to do that, i wouldn't mind it.

Shadow Lucario
28th July 2012, 1:53 PM
Well even if the story is heading towards the conclusion, i still wouldn't want it to end soon as there is still a lot of unanswered question left in the story and if it ends soon then the possibility of them getting answered would be lowered and the ending of the story would most likely end up like the ending of Air Gear and Mahou Sensei Negima in which a lot of questions remained unanswered and that was really not good.

I really wouldn't want that to happen to Naruto as well. I want Kishi to finish the story without leaving any sort of unanswered points, and if it takes him even 100 or 200 more chapters to do that, i wouldn't mind it.

That seems to be what he's doing. He said that the manga will take more than a year and a half to finish and I doubt the war will last that long. It's already at the end.

Lorde
28th July 2012, 7:14 PM

I don't think there's a Hokage exam or anything similar. To be honest, I don't know what Kishi could possibly do to make the manga last longer. Tobi's currently fighting Naruto and he's pretty much completed his plan. The war is essentially over. All that's left aside from Tobi is Madara, Sasuke and Orochimaru, and I doubt the last character is a true threat. Slowing down the manga's pace won't help much either; fans will simply lose interest if the manga slows down.

Ver-mont
28th July 2012, 10:42 PM
I don't think there's a Hokage exam or anything similar. To be honest, I don't know what Kishi could possibly do to make the manga last longer. Tobi's currently fighting Naruto and he's pretty much completed his plan. The war is essentially over. All that's left aside from Tobi is Madara, Sasuke and Orochimaru, and I doubt the last character is a true threat. Slowing down the manga's pace won't help much either; fans will simply lose interest if the manga slows down.

The only way I see to make the manga last longer is exactly turning Orochimaru into a true threat again. I don't know exactly how, but since he's so full of untold mysteries...

Crimsonlink
28th July 2012, 10:46 PM

Hokage EXAM? Naruto would be screwed with the grades he got in school lmao. Only part he would pass is the combat.

TsukiMirage
29th July 2012, 12:06 AM
No. That wouldn't be his speed. That's just teleporting. Without using Flying Thunder God he was faster than the Raikage which he said when he was in the skirmish with Naruto. Hiraishin was considered Minato's speed, thus how he won the speed fight against Tobi. And we saw that when Ee spoke of him being faster, it was because of Hiraishin, as that's the only thing that allowed Minato to dodge Ee's attack.

Lorde
29th July 2012, 11:38 PM
The only way I see to make the manga last longer is exactly turning Orochimaru into a true threat again. I don't know exactly how, but since he's so full of untold mysteries...

I pray that Orochimaru doesn't become the main villain again. He's certainly one of the better villains in this series, but it would feel redundant for him to return as the main threat.

Platinum fan.
29th July 2012, 11:46 PM
I pray that Orochimaru doesn't become the main villain again. He's certainly one of the better villains in this series, but it would feel redundant for him to return as the main threat.

Orochimaru not being involved in the war and being alive kinda implies he'll be a future main villain again. Personally I feel Orochimaru feels done and there are so many villains that are stronger and more threatening then Orochimaru that it feels lackluster to go from Pain/Nagato, Danzo, Madara, Tobi, Saskue, and even Kabuto back to Orochimaru again. If he does become a main villain again he'll probably get some uneeded upgrade to even be threatening anymore. Bringing Orochimaru back seems like a mistake but I won't judge it until I learn what his role is.

Charminions
30th July 2012, 1:09 AM
I have a feeling Orochimaru will bring back the dead that we haven't seen yet like Jiraya, Kisame, Konan... It would make sense with Kishi's interview where he said characters he wasn't planning to bring back will be brought back.

Joltik-Kid
30th July 2012, 2:34 AM
Translation for the post* I want Naruto to end up with Sakura and that will be Sakura's redemption.

That would be fine if Kishi makes it work but it wouldn't be canon since the movie isn't canon. Unless he makes it happen in the manga.

You have to realize something at the same time. THERE IS NO TYPICAL MAIN SHONEN FEMALE HEROINE!

It isn't typical to be a tsundere female that acts like Sakura does in the manga.

Lets look at DB and DBZ, Bulma was the heroine back then and in DBZ there was none. Bulma was very flirty and strong willed but disappeared for long periods of time. DBZ there was no main heroine.

Bleach, Rukia and Orihime, one is a fighter and another is a healer.

One Piece, Nami and Robin. Nami is a navigator while Robin is the historian.

Females barely do anything typical in shonen manga except be there as a love interest or a minor role.

There are of course exceptions like Kagome from Inuyasha.
Alright smart guy, since I apparently haven't be reading the manga properly...what exactly has Sakura done wrong? Seriously, Hinata get's one minor moment in the manga that involves saving Naruto and the Hinata fans go ballistic. Guess what, one chapter does not equal +250 chapters of development :P But who am I kidding, it's not like I know what I'm talking about.

As for the bold, you wanna know what they have in common? They all get angry at the main protagonist more then often, even beating them and calling them idiots

Lorde
30th July 2012, 3:43 AM
I have a feeling Orochimaru will bring back the dead that we haven't seen yet like Jiraya, Kisame, Konan... It would make sense with Kishi's interview where he said characters he wasn't planning to bring back will be brought back.

Those characters are irrelevant, though. I mean, what could Orochimaru want them for? If he's going to revive anyone, it should be Sasuke's parents so we can get a first-hand account of what happened before the Uchiha clan massacre. Personally, I'm dying to learn what the Uchiha were up to during the Kyuubi's attack on Konoha.

Crimsonlink
30th July 2012, 4:36 AM
Alright smart guy, since I apparently haven't be reading the manga properly...what exactly has Sakura done wrong? Seriously, Hinata get's one minor moment in the manga that involves saving Naruto and the Hinata fans go ballistic. Guess what, one chapter does not equal +250 chapters of development :P But who am I kidding, it's not like I know what I'm talking about.

As for the bold, you wanna know what they have in common? They all get angry at the main protagonist more then often, even beating them and calling them idiots

If Sakura got 250+ chapters of development then I must have been reading some different manga. Of course one chapter does not equal 250+ chapters of development, but its sad when a secondary female character is grown in about 4 chapters when she was ignored for the majority of the manga than the main female does in 100s of chapters.

Same for Ino who has grown in the team 10 focused chapters, more so than Hinata imo. Temari and Tenten are the only females who haven't shown any development because they are even more minor characters than Hinata.

I would cause many Sakura fans to cry if I went into my list of things Sakura has done wrong and why she is beyond redemption imo.

You do know what you are talking about for the most part except in certain issues like typical shonen heroines.

Ok so one common character trait for females that isn't exclusive to the main heroine? I guess when the secondary protagonist beats up the hero, he/she is a typical shonen secondary protagonist.

Joltik-Kid
30th July 2012, 4:49 AM
I would cause many Sakura fans to cry if I went into my list of things Sakura has done wrong and why she is beyond redemption imo.

No please, go ahead :) I would love to see them

Crimsonlink
30th July 2012, 4:53 AM
No please, go ahead :) I would love to see them

I'll send a PM to you, no need to spam posts on this thread.

Joltik-Kid
30th July 2012, 5:01 AM
^ Alright then... moving on

Wonder what Kishi has planned for, well, this week I guess XD. It would be just like him to move to some other battle or plot event going on

Shadow Lucario
30th July 2012, 5:38 AM
I hope Tobi's face is revealed in the next few chapters. His mask is starting to crack and knowing Naruto he'll put his life at risk to first crack it even more.

SenorLaughsaLot
30th July 2012, 6:58 AM
I can't wait to see Tobi's face either ._.
And I wonder how the Kages are doing in their unbelievable fight

Lorde
30th July 2012, 7:05 AM
I hope Tobi's face is revealed in the next few chapters. His mask is starting to crack and knowing Naruto he'll put his life at risk to first crack it even more.

I would love to see Tobi's face, but after reading Kishi's recent interview, I don't think we'll learn his true identity just yet. I'm still curious about the crack on his mask, though. He didn't get hit by any attacks (at least not any that I saw), so it's strange that it got damaged.

Shadow Lucario
30th July 2012, 7:17 AM
I would love to see Tobi's face, but after reading Kishi's recent interview, I don't think we'll learn his true identity just yet. I'm still curious about the crack on his mask, though. He didn't get hit by any attacks (at least not any that I saw), so it's strange that it got damaged.

Maybe pressure from all the badassness Gai was emitting. On a more serious note, I have no idea. My guess is Chakra. I couldn't think of anything else.

stevendat
30th July 2012, 9:18 AM
Maybe pressure from all the badassness Gai was emitting. On a more serious note, I have no idea. My guess is Chakra. I couldn't think of anything else.

Or it could be from all those stones and pebbles flying by throughout the battle

Shadow Lucario
30th July 2012, 9:31 AM
Or it could be from all those stones and pebbles flying by throughout the battle

Doubtful. Naruto headbutted him straight on while in Nine Tails Chakra mode and didn't even scratch it. A rock wouldn't do much more. If that was sarcasm I blame the Internet.

Curvee
30th July 2012, 11:18 AM
Concerning Orochimaru's revival I have a feeling that this "Person" that will be brought back might in fact be Hashirama Senju aka the First Hokage...~ I honestly doubt the five kage's can defeat Madara on they're own as was shown in the past chapters...~ At least personally it seems to be pointing in that direction to me~ !! o ^ o; Considering Hashirama was already brought back via Edo Tensei back when everyone was younger~

Since so much time has passed and considering what Suigetsu has given Sasuke...~ It might be possible for Hashirama to be brought back in his prime~ Very much like Madara was~ :3 Either way this last chapter was quite intense~ !! I cannot wait for Tobi's mask to break...~ I believe everyone is eagerly waiting to see who the heck is hidding behind it~ !!

Shadow Lucario
30th July 2012, 11:26 AM
@Curvee Hashirama cannot be brought back. His soul has been sealed in the reaper. Unless they use a Jutsu that completely bypasses that then no Hashirama.

Platinum fan.
30th July 2012, 2:27 PM

Ugh that would suck so much. Jiraya and Kisame's death would be cheapen, and Konan's death would have been pointless if she's brought back. For crying out loud let the dead characters stay dead! I'm not yelling at you, more like the idea of more dead characters coming back. I would have been fine with Sasuke just summoning Orochimaru for a chat then send him back to dead world once he got what he wanted. The fact that Orochimaru had a full on revival when he's been sealed for so long feels immensly cheap. So now Orochimaru will have to be dealt with again. And he'll probably try and steal Sasuke's body again. He'll probably succeed at some point just so he can stay relevant.

Lorde
30th July 2012, 5:58 PM
I guess we'll find out why Tobi's masked cracked in the next chapter (unless Kishi switches to another fight like he usually does). I wonder how Naruto and the others will remove Tobi's mask if they can't even touch him. I thought their combination was good, but Tobi's phasing ability was just too great for Kakashi's and Guy's teamwork.

Doryuzu
30th July 2012, 7:37 PM
Just outta curiosity again, what does Sakura need redemption for? Being Sasuke's number 1 fangirl?

TsukiMirage
30th July 2012, 8:39 PM
Just outta curiosity again, what does Sakura need redemption for? Being Sasuke's number 1 fangirl? Pretty much so, at the very least, not killing Sasuke when she had the chance.

Platinum fan.
31st July 2012, 12:50 AM
Even if Sakura had actually tried to kill Sasuke she would have failed horribly. That's not what most dislike her for, I don't think anyway. I'm sure most Naruto fans know Sakura has no way of killing Sasuke. It's the fact that she's still so attached to him that urks me. I don't hate Sakura but I feel her Sasuke love just weighs her down, which is a shame. I actually like Sakura when she gets her moments but the fact that she still harbors romatic feeling for a guy who is trying to kill her is just...yeah it's her Sasuke love that I dislike. It hurts her even more when you see how shallow it is. They have no history together other then her being a drooling Sasuke fangirl, like Ino use to be, so I don't really feel that bad when she's crying over Sasuke because their relationship is so shallow to begin with. But take away Sasuke and Sakura is a fairly interesting and fun character for me.

Shadow Lucario
31st July 2012, 2:00 AM
Even if Sakura had actually tried to kill Sasuke she would have failed horribly. That's not what most dislike her for, I don't think anyway. I'm sure most Naruto fans know Sakura has no way of killing Sasuke. It's the fact that she's still so attached to him that urks me. I don't hate Sakura but I feel her Sasuke love just weighs her down, which is a shame. I actually like Sakura when she gets her moments but the fact that she still harbors romatic feeling for a guy who is trying to kill her is just...yeah it's her Sasuke love that I dislike. It hurts her even more when you see how shallow it is. They have no history together other then her being a drooling Sasuke fangirl, like Ino use to be, so I don't really feel that bad when she's crying over Sasuke because their relationship is so shallow to begin with. But take away Sasuke and Sakura is a fairly interesting and fun character for me.

This.

But to me she just felt really useless. She sort of redeemed herself when she killed Sasori, but then she went right back to being useless. Sure, she's a medic nin, but there are a lot of other medic nins that can do what she does.

Shneak
31st July 2012, 3:15 AM
I was re-reading chapter 489 and found something (that might not mean anything.)

Naruto is talking to the Sage Toad and the toad tells him the prophecy where he meets the octopus and the person with power in their eyes. Naruto immediately thinks it Sasuke.

"This lad whose power lies in his eyes. You know who and what he is?"

Why would he ask what he is? A human is a human, but Tobi is clearly not a complete human, being made of Zetsu parts and all. Plus Obito was a kid when he died.

/conspiracy.

SenorLaughsaLot
31st July 2012, 3:30 AM
I was re-reading chapter 489 and found something (that might not mean anything.)

Naruto is talking to the Sage Toad and the toad tells him the prophecy where he meets the octopus and the person with power in their eyes. Naruto immediately thinks it Sasuke.

"This lad whose power lies in his eyes. You know who and what he is?"

Why would he ask what he is? A human is a human, but Tobi is clearly not a complete human, being made of Zetsu parts and all. Plus Obito was a kid when he died.

/conspiracy.

Another weird thing is how on Chapter 594, Tobi talks about Kakashi as if he knew him . He said "Kakashi ... you always open your mouth so easily. It's no wonder you've lived a life of regret."
This leads Guy to question who Tobi really is

Joltik-Kid
31st July 2012, 3:57 AM
This.

But to me she just felt really useless. She sort of redeemed herself when she killed Sasori, but then she went right back to being useless. Sure, she's a medic nin, but there are a lot of other medic nins that can do what she does.
Not trying to provoke anything, but people act as if Sakura has free will to do whatever she wants XD

Lorde
31st July 2012, 3:58 AM
Some flyer/booklet thing was posted on another site. It's about the future of the Naruto manga, and it talks about Madara and Tobi. Apparently there's a short interview with Kishi about them as well, where Kishi mentioned that Tobi's identity will be revealed "within the next few weeks." So I guess we'll see who Tobi is very soon. I can't wait.

Edit: Here's the images plus the translated interview:

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae260/IrisandDento/IMG_6889.jpg
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae260/IrisandDento/IMG_6899.jpg
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae260/IrisandDento/IMG_6900.jpg

Q1: The legendary shinobi is now immortal! Does Uchiha Madara have any weak point?

All strong people have some kind of weak point, but Madara does not. How will the fight from here on out go!? Please stay excited and wait to find out!!

Q2: I'm curious about the connection between Madara and Tobi!

I obviously can't give too many details, but the two do know each other. What kind of relation they have will be gradually revealed in the current story!!

Q3: Will Tobi's identity be revealed soon...!?

Indeed it will. In fact, it should be within the next few weeks!! Everyone, please wait and keep predicting until then!!

Q4: How will Naruto and Sasuke's story proceed now?

I think that they will meet up once again during this war. Please look forward to seeing what will happen then!

Q5: Now that we've entered the climax of the Great Shinobi World War arc, please tell us what some upcoming highlights will be!

Everything from here on out will be a highlight!! Everything's just going to get more and more exciting!! Everyone's favorite characters will gather together to play a big part!! Please continue enjoying Naruto now that the Great Shinobi World War is in its climax!

Shadow Lucario
31st July 2012, 4:18 AM
Not trying to provoke anything, but people act as if Sakura has free will to do whatever she wants XD

I get what you mean. :P I just want to see Kishimoto give her character more to do.

Joltik-Kid
31st July 2012, 5:26 AM
I get what you mean. :P I just want to see Kishimoto give her character more to do.
Well Kira just posted something that could mean that Sakura will be doing something sooner or later

Also, just found out this is a double Shonen Jump week, so no new issues for two weeks

Crimsonlink
31st July 2012, 5:50 AM
Some flyer/booklet thing was posted on another site. It's about the future of the Naruto manga, and it talks about Madara and Tobi. Apparently there's a short interview with Kishi about them as well, where Kishi mentioned that Tobi's identity will be revealed "within the next few weeks." So I guess we'll see who Tobi is very soon. I can't wait.

Edit: Here's the images plus the translated interview:

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae260/IrisandDento/IMG_6889.jpg
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae260/IrisandDento/IMG_6899.jpg
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae260/IrisandDento/IMG_6900.jpg

WTF Madara has no weak points? Maybe a mistranslation or Kishi loves digging himself into holes.

If Madara and Tobi know each other, then Tobi is most likely someone from that old age. Makes Izuna a more likey to be Tobi. But thats just my opinion.

TsukiMirage
31st July 2012, 5:59 AM
Even if Sakura had actually tried to kill Sasuke she would have failed horribly. That's not what most dislike her for, I don't think anyway. I'm sure most Naruto fans know Sakura has no way of killing Sasuke. It's the fact that she's still so attached to him that urks me. I don't hate Sakura but I feel her Sasuke love just weighs her down, which is a shame. I actually like Sakura when she gets her moments but the fact that she still harbors romatic feeling for a guy who is trying to kill her is just...yeah it's her Sasuke love that I dislike. It hurts her even more when you see how shallow it is. They have no history together other then her being a drooling Sasuke fangirl, like Ino use to be, so I don't really feel that bad when she's crying over Sasuke because their relationship is so shallow to begin with. But take away Sasuke and Sakura is a fairly interesting and fun character for me. Of course she would have failed, but at least it would have shown her attempting to do something and sticking with her convictions. From what I've seen, in addition to her unexplained love for him, most fans also dislike the fact that after training under a Sannin and showing great growth in the beginning, she's once again reverted back to depending on Naruto to solve their problem.

Joltik-Kid
31st July 2012, 6:24 AM
WTF Madara has no weak points? Maybe a mistranslation or Kishi loves digging himself into holes.

If Madara and Tobi know each other, then Tobi is most likely someone from that old age. Makes Izuna a more likey to be Tobi. But thats just my opinion.
There's gonna be a weakness...even though Kishi says there isn't, there will be. He's not gonna give everything away :D

Platinum fan.
31st July 2012, 3:13 PM
Of course she would have failed, but at least it would have shown her attempting to do something and sticking with her convictions. From what I've seen, in addition to her unexplained love for him, most fans also dislike the fact that after training under a Sannin and showing great growth in the beginning, she's once again reverted back to depending on Naruto to solve their problem.

I know what you mean and agree. I said awhile back if Sakura was written differently I would have enjoyed seeing Sakura not only try to kill Sasuke with the kunai knife, but have a full on battle with him as I think her character could greatly benefit from it. I know full well she would not win, that's out of the question even if she had a plan to stop all his jutsu, plot armor would just give Sasuke a new weapon, I just wanted to see her try and erase her Sasuke crush and attack Sasuke for the good of the village and her friends. It would have boosted her character even though she'd lose and it would show despite she loves Sasuke she's forced to make the hard choices. Heck even have Naruto come into the battle and stop her from almost killing Sasuke. That could have been such a great moment for Sakura. The reason Hinata get's so much respect for her brave stand against Pain was because she was fighting a battle she had a zero percent chance of winning but still went out there ready to die to save Naruto. I wish Sakura had a moment like this to help her character.

As for the other stuff like Tobi's identity being revealed soon, I'm very excited to hear that. Finally time to see who's behind the mask. I'm calling it now Hayate's girlfriend. Either that or a Cell like villain who has the DNA/body parts of various other characters from the Naruto universe.

Lorde
31st July 2012, 6:37 PM
There's gonna be a weakness...even though Kishi says there isn't, there will be. He's not gonna give everything away :D

Yeah, Kishi was probably trolling to keep the important information a secret. Still, it's also possible that Madara doesn't have any true weaknesses since he managed to escape the Edo Tensei and keep his immortal body. Perhaps Kishi just meant that ordinary ninjutsu won't be enough to kill Madara.

Shadow Lucario
31st July 2012, 11:27 PM
I know what you mean and agree. I said awhile back if Sakura was written differently I would have enjoyed seeing Sakura not only try to kill Sasuke with the kunai knife, but have a full on battle with him as I think her character could greatly benefit from it. I know full well she would not win, that's out of the question even if she had a plan to stop all his jutsu, plot armor would just give Sasuke a new weapon, I just wanted to see her try and erase her Sasuke crush and attack Sasuke for the good of the village and her friends. It would have boosted her character even though she'd lose and it would show despite she loves Sasuke she's forced to make the hard choices. Heck even have Naruto come into the battle and stop her from almost killing Sasuke. That could have been such a great moment for Sakura. The reason Hinata get's so much respect for her brave stand against Pain was because she was fighting a battle she had a zero percent chance of winning but still went out there ready to die to save Naruto. I wish Sakura had a moment like this to help her character.

I would love for this to happen so Sasuke could beat her within an inch of her life. I would enjoy that so much. I would be laughing through the entire thing as all of Sakura's attacks fail.

Ver-mont
31st July 2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah, Kishi was probably trolling to keep the important information a secret. Still, it's also possible that Madara doesn't have any true weaknesses since he managed to escape the Edo Tensei and keep his immortal body. Perhaps Kishi just meant that ordinary ninjutsu won't be enough to kill Madara.

What makes us wonder what they'll have to do in order to send him back to hell. I hope he keeps Naruto out of this.

SenorLaughsaLot
31st July 2012, 11:49 PM
What makes us wonder what they'll have to do in order to send him back to hell. I hope he keeps Naruto out of this.

The only thing left to do is to seal him, but that seems impossible with his strength ._.

Heldigunner1
1st August 2012, 12:04 AM
I may be late on this, but naruto won't be over til 2014. my guess, after the war we'll have an arc with the sage of the six path, going into further detail about the uzumaki clan.

Lorde
1st August 2012, 12:26 AM
I may be late on this, but naruto won't be over til 2014. my guess, after the war we'll have an arc with the sage of the six path, going into further detail about the uzumaki clan.

You're going to need to post a source. I know that Kishi recently gave an interview where he mentioned that the manga will continue for a bit, but he didn't give us a time frame. Anyway, if that's true, I will probably stop reading the manga once the war is over. I'm not here for a revelation arc.

Charminions
1st August 2012, 1:06 AM
You're going to need to post a source. I know that Kishi recently gave an interview where he mentioned that the manga will continue for a bit, but he didn't give us a time frame. Anyway, if that's true, I will probably stop reading the manga once the war is over. I'm not here for a revelation arc.

Kishi did say that the manga will go on for "about a year and a half" (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-21/kishimoto/naruto-manga-to-continue-longer-than-1.5-years) and possibly more if he can find a way to milk more money out of it, which he probably will.

Shneak
1st August 2012, 2:47 AM
Looks like Orochimaru or Tobi will probably be the only ones to bring Madara down, somehow.

I can't really think of a villain that could triumph Madara in power and force. And now we know that they do know of each other, so it's likely an older character. I'm excited to find out.

Shadow Lucario
1st August 2012, 12:20 PM
Chapter is out. Looks like Tobi has only been using one Jutsu this entire time. Leave it to Kakashi to find that out. The tide of the battle is about to turn.

7 tyranitars
1st August 2012, 12:57 PM
Kakashi being epic once again.

Torpoleon
1st August 2012, 1:38 PM
Kishi did say that the manga will go on for "about a year and a half" (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-21/kishimoto/naruto-manga-to-continue-longer-than-1.5-years) and possibly more if he can find a way to milk more money out of it, which he probably will.It could even go on for longer.

Liking that we'll see Tobi's identity soon. Probably at Chapter 600 because that it is a few weeks away.

Endless
1st August 2012, 3:10 PM
Finally is Kamui usefull again. It seems like objects sent through Kamui can hit Tobi when he also is in the other dimension.
I really don't think this would happen, but I would like if Kakashi learned to teleport himself too. Then he can wait for Tobi in the other dimension, and Naruto and the others in the real world. Then Tobi can't use his jutsu.

Locormus
1st August 2012, 3:52 PM
Finally is Kamui usefull again. It seems like objects sent through Kamui can hit Tobi when he also is in the other dimension.
I really don't think this would happen, but I would like if Kakashi learned to teleport himself too. Then he can wait for Tobi in the other dimension, and Naruto and the others in the real world. Then Tobi can't use his jutsu.

Pretty much, or they can do the same, but with a bigger jutsu.

Remember, Kakashi sends it to the other dimension, but he isn't directly sending it to where Tobi was, so the blast with what Tobi got hit, was just a minor one. They need something with a huge blast radius to do the trick: The Bijuu Bomb.

Lorde
1st August 2012, 4:51 PM
I'm glad Kakashi was able to come back strong; I really missed the intelligent Kakashi who used his head in battle. Anyway, it seems Tobi's intangibility jutsu and his teleportation ninjutsu are the exact same technique, which is something others had predicted in the past. I think the evidence of Tobi's true identity is really piling up now.

lolipiece
1st August 2012, 5:55 PM
Kamui, actually being useful? What has this world come to...

7 tyranitars
1st August 2012, 6:09 PM
Kamui, actually being useful? What has this world come to...

Kamui have been usefull in the past, but it used to tire Kakashi out too much.

Lucario At Service
1st August 2012, 7:08 PM

Well the problem with that is Kakashi doesn't have any means to bring back thing he has sent to the other dimension. So, if he goes there using Kamui, it would most likely be that he would be stuck there.

But there is a theory going around that it would be possible to instead send one of Naruto's KB to the other dimension using Kamui. It is also a much safer bet than a actual person going there.

Now the only problem with this theory is that we haven't actually seen Kakashi send a object as big as a person to the other side (unless we count that Clay Clone of Deidara but that cause a huge drain of chakra at that time).

Though it would be possible to overcome that also if Naruto's KB transformed into a smaller object and then Kakashi sent it to the other dimension.

Well in all there would still be a lot of problem against Tobi as we don't know yet as to how many more Kamui Kakashi can use (he already had used Kamui 3 times until now in this battle). Also Tobi would be much more careful now about using his S/T Jutsu and would also try to cancel out Kamui like he did before.

And the important factor in doing damage to Tobi using the Kamui method is timing. If the timing is not right the attack would fail, like the one in the new chapter which wasn't able to do that much damage.

uber gon
1st August 2012, 7:28 PM
At least Tobi is getting his *** sorta kicked.

TsukiMirage
1st August 2012, 7:31 PM
Glad at least Kakashi is using his brain and trying to figure things out instead of merely attacking. Was also cool seeing Tobi use a new Uchiha-base technique. Anyway, looks like we'll be informed of what Tobi's technique is and how it works very soon. Tobi should also be getting more serious now that he can no longer depend on his phasing abilities. Alright chapter.

Lorde
1st August 2012, 7:41 PM
At least Tobi is getting his *** sorta kicked.

Which was neat to see. Since Kakashi has unlocked some of the secrets of Tobi's jutsu, Tobi will probably start using the Rinnegan's other abilities because he won't be able to rely on his teleportation abilities for much longer. Hopefully he'll use some new Rinnegan jutsu, 'cause the ones we've already seen aren't that great in my opinion.

7 tyranitars
1st August 2012, 11:11 PM
Which was neat to see. Since Kakashi has unlocked some of the secrets of Tobi's jutsu, Tobi will probably start using the Rinnegan's other abilities because he won't be able to rely on his teleportation abilities for much longer. Hopefully he'll use some new Rinnegan jutsu, 'cause the ones we've already seen aren't that great in my opinion.

That would be nice.

Platinum fan.
1st August 2012, 11:22 PM
Classic Kakashi. How I have missed fights like this. Other then Kakashi and Kamui being useful, not much to say for this chapter. I am a little shocked that Tobi could very well be defeated before the Naruto vs Sasuke battle, as I thought Tobi would have a front row seat in that fight and it would somehow end with Naruto and Sasuke teaming up to kill Tobi. It will probably be them teaming up to kill Orochimaru now, but whatever. Nice chapter but nothing to special.

Shneak
1st August 2012, 11:24 PM
- I love how Tobi 'looks down' at the crack even though he wouldn't be able to see it.
- Yes. Finally, Tobi uses something new. Fire nature... Uchiha...
- Bee fail.
- I am totally not getting this.
- "Not so impressive." Haha.
- What's happening??
- Again, what!?
- Tobi's a skeleton!
- Right. Uh, okay.

I'm a bit confused about how this worked out. I get that Kakashi's kunai cut Tobi's mask, but it didn't actually appear? I don't get how Tobi's arm exploded either. Did Kakashi wait until Tobi was near the spot where it disappeared and then released it?

Also, he is Obito. I'm placing my bets now.

Lorde
2nd August 2012, 1:20 AM
- Yes. Finally, Tobi uses something new. Fire nature... Uchiha...

I don't think that counts as Fire Release. The Uchiha Kaenjin technique that Tobi used was similar to the Shishienjin (Four Violet Flames Battle Encampment) technique that the Sound Four used during the attack on Konoha, and that wasn't classified as a Fire Release jutsu. Both techniques are barrier ninjutsu.

-Raiga-
2nd August 2012, 1:28 AM
- I love how Tobi 'looks down' at the crack even though he wouldn't be able to see it.

From the looks of it, it went all the way through the mask, he would have been able to see light filtering through.

At any rate, for a ninja who's practically never taken any damage in his life, I think its safe to say something like a crack would make him look at least.

Joltik-Kid
2nd August 2012, 5:29 AM
Well the problem with that is Kakashi doesn't have any means to bring back thing he has sent to the other dimension. So, if he goes there using Kamui, it would most likely be that he would be stuck there.

While Kakashi has no control over when things come back...they do in fact come back, as Deidara got his arm back after checking the site where he lost it

Wrave
2nd August 2012, 6:42 AM
Well the Tobi being Obito thing just got more merit. Maybe others suspected this but I would not have put Tobi's jutsu and Kamui possibly being one in the same.

Lorde
2nd August 2012, 6:49 AM
Well the Tobi being Obito thing just got more merit. Maybe others suspected this but I would not have put Tobi's jutsu and Kamui possibly being one in the same.

Several people noticed the similarity between Kamui and Tobi's teleportation jutsu a long time ago. I'm just glad that this week's chapter gave us more insight on that, all thanks to Kakashi. I can't say for sure if Tobi is really Obito, but the pieces of the puzzle are finally coming together. I hope the mask comes off in the next chapter.

Wrave
2nd August 2012, 6:54 AM
You know since this was a double issue, they should have had him semi remove the mask and then troll us.

But yeah that mask needs to come off. But then what great mystery will Kishimoto taunt us with?

New theory. What if Obito some how unlocked his Mangekyo and used his ability to escape. It would clear up the survival thing. Before his body was completely crushed, he teleported out and then Orochimaru/Zetsu/Sasori helped restore his body.

Crimsonlink
2nd August 2012, 9:04 AM
Ok people need to realize something if Tobi is Obito. Kishi would have to pull something huge out of his *** if Obito survived. Like how Madara knew him, why Obito hates Konoha and a whole bunch of other questions that will be difficult to answer.

Shadow Lucario
2nd August 2012, 12:30 PM
Ok people need to realize something if Tobi is Obito. Kishi would have to pull something huge out of his *** if Obito survived. Like how Madara knew him, why Obito hates Konoha and a whole bunch of other questions that will be difficult to answer.

This. Why would Obito seem so old? And where did he learn all this information about the Uchiha Clan? I'm just waiting for the reveal. Right now Tobi is still just Tobi to me.

Joltik-Kid
2nd August 2012, 7:14 PM
Madara obtained the Rinnigan before his death...maybe his spirit transferred over to Obito (Just playing advocate here) Another thing that could suggest this is that Tobi himself said he was the rightful owner of the Rinnigan, plus he seems to know quite a bit about Kakashi

Lorde
2nd August 2012, 7:54 PM
This. Why would Obito seem so old? And where did he learn all this information about the Uchiha Clan? I'm just waiting for the reveal. Right now Tobi is still just Tobi to me.

I don't really get your first question. But as for your second question, since Tobi met Madara in the past, it's highly likely that he received information about the Uchiha from him and that he inherited Madara's hatred for the village, which would explain some things. A lot of people on another site keep insisting that Tobi couldn't possibly be Obito because he "died," but when has that ever stopped Kishi? We're talking about the mangaka who revived almost every single deceased character for use in the war.

Crimsonlink
3rd August 2012, 12:27 AM
Madara obtained the Rinnigan before his death...maybe his spirit transferred over to Obito (Just playing advocate here) Another thing that could suggest this is that Tobi himself said he was the rightful owner of the Rinnigan, plus he seems to know quite a bit about Kakashi

That the sort of stuff I meant that Kishi could pull out of his ***.

Joltik-Kid
3rd August 2012, 3:31 AM
That the sort of stuff I meant that Kishi could pull out of his ***.
Just goes to show how much I really know Kishi and his writing style. I could still be wrong, but it defiantly sounds like how Kishi would write it :P

Shneak
3rd August 2012, 4:31 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm expecting too. Kishi can pull something out of thin air. The biggest plothole with Tobi being Obito is obviously the fight against Minato. Obito wouldn't have been older already. We didn't see any of Tobi's body parts in that battle, but he seems to be of the same height and attitude as his present self.

Lorde
3rd August 2012, 5:03 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm expecting too. Kishi can pull something out of thin air. The biggest plothole with Tobi being Obito is obviously the fight against Minato. Obito wouldn't have been older already. We didn't see any of Tobi's body parts in that battle, but he seems to be of the same height and attitude as his present self.

Well first of all, I don't think Tobi's height is that much of an issue. We saw young Kakashi and Guy during the Kyuubi's attack, and they must have been about as tall as Tobi. But even if we assume that Tobi was taller than those two, the easiest way to explain Tobi's increased height is Zetsu. We already know that Tobi had integrated Zetsu's cells into his arm sometime before he fought Minato. So it's reasonable to believe that Tobi's entire body was modified, and that could explain why he was as tall as Minato.

But anyway, I'm 90% sure that Tobi is Obito now. The revelation that Kakashi has access to the same dimension as Tobi pretty much confirms that at the very least, they share the same Mangekyo Sharingan.

Crimsonlink
3rd August 2012, 5:15 AM
Well first of all, I don't think Tobi's height is that much of an issue. We saw young Kakashi and Guy during the Kyuubi's attack, and they must have been about as tall as Tobi. But even if we assume that Tobi was taller than those two, the easiest way to explain Tobi's increased height is Zetsu. We already know that Tobi had integrated Zetsu's cells into his arm sometime before he fought Minato. So it's reasonable to believe that Tobi's entire body was modified, and that could explain why he was as tall as Minato.

But anyway, I'm 90% sure that Tobi is Obito now. The revelation that Kakashi has access to the same dimension as Tobi pretty much confirms that at the very least, they share the same Mangekyo Sharingan.

I doubt it still until Tobi's Sharingan turns into Mangekyo Sharingan or the mask breaks.

Joltik-Kid
3rd August 2012, 5:23 AM
I doubt it still until Tobi's Sharingan turns into Mangekyo Sharingan or the mask breaks.
Watch it be some guy we never saw XD but somehow has a past with Kakashi

Banana Knight Arthur
3rd August 2012, 5:33 AM
IS it bad or surprising that 'Naruto" the manga AND anime haven't excited me since Sasuke stopped appearing frequently?

I swear I'd read/watch an all-about Sasuke manga....

Joltik-Kid
3rd August 2012, 5:38 AM
IS it bad or surprising that 'Naruto" the manga AND anime haven't excited me since Sasuke stopped appearing frequently?

I swear I'd read/watch an all-about Sasuke manga....
Why is it that everyone loves this guy? Sure he's a great villain, but he's really unappealing given you know the Sharigan is always gonna save his ***. He's literally the most predictable guy in this manga lately :P

Banana Knight Arthur
3rd August 2012, 5:39 AM
Why is it that everyone loves this guy? Sure he's a great villain, but he's really unappealing given you know the Sharigan is always gonna save his ***. He's literally the most predictable guy in this manga lately :P

Aside from Madara and Tobi you mean?

Surely?

Lorde
3rd August 2012, 6:49 AM

The fact that we haven't seen Tobi's Mangekyo Sharingan yet says a lot. But I don't get this general stubbornness that I've seen among the fandom when it comes to the Tobi = Obito theories. There's so much evidence in favor of that outcome, but a lot of people discredit the theory based on a few inconsistencies that Kishi could easily fix (because he's pulled things out of his you-know-what many times before). And the worst part is that some people say that it would be too predictable if Tobi was Obito, which is an ironic thing to say given that this manga is already incredibly predictable.

Watch it be some guy we never saw XD but somehow has a past with Kakashi

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. :x

Crimsonlink
3rd August 2012, 9:14 AM
The fact that we haven't seen Tobi's Mangekyo Sharingan yet says a lot. But I don't get this general stubbornness that I've seen among the fandom when it comes to the Tobi = Obito theories. There's so much evidence in favor of that outcome, but a lot of people discredit the theory based on a few inconsistencies that Kishi could easily fix (because he's pulled things out of his you-know-what many times before). And the worst part is that some people say that it would be too predictable if Tobi was Obito, which is an ironic thing to say given that this manga is already incredibly predictable.

Honestly, Naruto is already down on my list as one of the poorer shonen mangas in recent times but if Tobi turns out to be Obito then I will be even more disappointed than I already am now.

There will be probably 20 chapters of flashback explaining how Obito became Tobi and blah blah blah.

It also rubs me the wrong way to have Obito who sacrificed his life to save Kakashi only to turn into the biggest villain of the series.

7 tyranitars
3rd August 2012, 1:11 PM
Honestly, Naruto is already down on my list as one of the poorer shonen mangas in recent times but if Tobi turns out to be Obito then I will be even more disappointed than I already am now.

There will be probably 20 chapters of flashback explaining how Obito became Tobi and blah blah blah.

It also rubs me the wrong way to have Obito who sacrificed his life to save Kakashi only to turn into the biggest villain of the series.

What people also us as evidence to support that kakashi knows tobi is that they claim tobi said to kakashi no need to tell you who I am you forget faces anyway, but that was ment for Gai not for Kakashi.

Tobi said to kakashi he opens his mouth to quickly that is no wonder he lived a life of regret.
Gay said: Who are you?
Tobi Responds: You don't remember faces so what point is there in telling you.

Lorde
3rd August 2012, 8:25 PM
Gay said: Who are you?

Oops. :p

Anyway, Tobi's gotta be someone we've already met. He certainly knows a lot about Kakashi, so that narrows it down to someone Kakashi has encountered before. I'm sure that rules out Izuna, as he died in battle shortly after Madara took his eyes.

Ver-mont
3rd August 2012, 8:29 PM

We don't know what happened to Obito between his "sacrifice" and his beginning of darkness, if he really is Tobi, so I wouldn't doubt it.

TsukiMirage
3rd August 2012, 8:32 PM
Tobi knew things about Minato and Kushina that was only known by a few people, so knowing regular stuff about Kakashi isn't strange, especially since we know he was secretly in and out of the village quite a bit.

Lorde
3rd August 2012, 8:51 PM
Tobi knew things about Minato and Kushina that was only known by a few people

That only reinforces the theory that Tobi is Obito, since he was Minato's student and Kushina would have met Obito through those encounters because she was Minato's girlfriend.

Platinum fan.
3rd August 2012, 10:52 PM
I'm telling you guys Tobi is Hayate's girlfriend. This is all part of her evil scheme to kill Baki and the Sand Village. Why we haven't seen her since, not because she's one of the most minor characters of the series and dated another immensly minor characater. We haven't seen her because she's trolling the village.

In all seriousness if it is Obito then I'll feel slightly disappointed just because of how predictable it is. But even so hopefully he'll have a good story to make up for that.

Shadow Lucario
4th August 2012, 12:02 AM
One thing about the Obito theory: Why would Obito want to kill the Uchiha clan?

Lorde
4th August 2012, 1:06 AM
One thing about the Obito theory: Why would Obito want to kill the Uchiha clan?

That's a good question, and after thinking about it a bit, I think the Uchiha clan was hiding several dirty little secrets. We know that they were willing to start a civil war for the sake of being in control of Konoha, so I don't think it's too far-fetched to believe that they were willing to kill off members of their own clan who didn't believe in their cause. I think the Uchiha must've killed Tobi's parents or something, which turned him against the clan. And I'm sure Tobi would also blame the village for this since the Senju clan and its sympathizers were responsible for the discrimination against the Uchiha that existed in Konoha, which set everything in motion. Of course, this is just a theory that I came up with based on how the Uchiha operate.

-Raiga-
4th August 2012, 1:44 AM
Yeah, its amazing how easily Kishimoto knows his fans. You HONESTLY think he's never heard of/will do the most famous theory in all of naruto? He threw in the "kakashi might know tobi" thing knowing full well it would stir the pot just like this.

Keep in mind people, this guy is seemingly the strongest main villian we'll ever see in naruto, he's not going to have tobi be some obscure character people don't remember.

Shneak
4th August 2012, 3:06 AM
I would think he planned this before. He wouldn't change Tobi's identity if the Obito theory came up after he already planned the character.

Obito isn't exactly obscure, either. For appearing in a few chapters that have no relevance to the present story, he's pretty well known. Not to mention Obito is a big part of Kakashi's character.

TsukiMirage
4th August 2012, 5:00 AM
That only reinforces the theory that Tobi is Obito, since he was Minato's student and Kushina would have met Obito through those encounters because she was Minato's girlfriend. Not really, since his students didn't know the secret of Hiraishin and Kushina not just being a Jinchuuriki, but the weakness of the seal wouldn't be information obtainable by just knowing her.

That's a good question, and after thinking about it a bit, I think the Uchiha clan was hiding several dirty little secrets. We know that they were willing to start a civil war for the sake of being in control of Konoha, so I don't think it's too far-fetched to believe that they were willing to kill off members of their own clan who didn't believe in their cause. I think the Uchiha must've killed Tobi's parents or something, which turned him against the clan. And I'm sure Tobi would also blame the village for this since the Senju clan and its sympathizers were responsible for the discrimination against the Uchiha that existed in Konoha, which set everything in motion. Of course, this is just a theory that I came up with based on how the Uchiha operate. Doesn't fit with Itachi's flashback. They started a civil war because political power was stolen from them, so they had a legitimate complaint and despite being in charged of the coup, his father accepted Itachi's betrayal and execution.

7 tyranitars
4th August 2012, 12:07 PM
Oops. :p

Anyway, Tobi's gotta be someone we've already met. He certainly knows a lot about Kakashi, so that narrows it down to someone Kakashi has encountered before. I'm sure that rules out Izuna, as he died in battle shortly after Madara took his eyes.

DOn't worry about it, most people missread that. Including me at first. :P

-Raiga-
4th August 2012, 8:03 PM
I would think he planned this before. He wouldn't change Tobi's identity if the Obito theory came up after he already planned the character.

Obito isn't exactly obscure, either. For appearing in a few chapters that have no relevance to the present story, he's pretty well known. Not to mention Obito is a big part of Kakashi's character.

A character who hasn't shown up for what, 200 chapters? Much less the ones he did show up in were meant as special bonus before the timeskip. Seems pretty obscure to me.

And saying obito is a big part of kakashi's character doesn't really account for anything. You might as well say the fourth hokage or zabuza is tobi then. Especially when you factor in the fact that Gai had just as much of an "I might know him" moment as kakashi did in the chapter.

I mean, I'm not trying to make a big deal of it, plenty others are willing to do that for me. But I'd be disgraced to call myself an author if I were him and did something a 7 year old could come up with.

Lorde
4th August 2012, 10:16 PM
Not really, since his students didn't know the secret of Hiraishin and Kushina not just being a Jinchuuriki, but the weakness of the seal wouldn't be information obtainable by just knowing her.

Doesn't fit with Itachi's flashback. They started a civil war because political power was stolen from them, so they had a legitimate complaint and despite being in charged of the coup, his father accepted Itachi's betrayal and execution.

I don't think Minato and Kushina would simply tell Obito and the others all their secrets, but I do think that Obito could've gleaned some knowledge from his interactions with them. As for the Uchiha clan, I honestly think there's more to the story than that, which has already been hinted at in some of the recent chapters.

And saying obito is a big part of kakashi's character doesn't really account for anything. You might as well say the fourth hokage or zabuza is tobi then. Especially when you factor in the fact that Gai had just as much of an "I might know him" moment as kakashi did in the chapter.

You seem to be forgetting the fact that Kakashi has Obito's left eye, which helped him perfect the Chidori and which allowed him to copy tons of jutsu. I'd say that was important in terms of Kakashi's strength. Obito also changed Kakashi's views of the ninja world and helped him get over his father's "dishonorable" actions. Obito was a huge influence on Kakashi, and I think it would be cool if the person Kakashi admired the most turned out to be his enemy.

Shneak
5th August 2012, 4:28 AM
Yeah, the Sharingan is what I was referring to. Obito is literally a part of Kakashi.

Shadow Lucario
5th August 2012, 8:05 AM
You seem to be forgetting the fact that Kakashi has Obito's left eye, which helped him perfect the Chidori and which allowed him to copy tons of jutsu. I'd say that was important in terms of Kakashi's strength. Obito also changed Kakashi's views of the ninja world and helped him get over his father's "dishonorable" actions. Obito was a huge influence on Kakashi, and I think it would be cool if the person Kakashi admired the most turned out to be his enemy.

Yeah, cause Kakashi wasn't strong before that or anything. He was just a Jonin at 13. No big deal.

-Raiga-
5th August 2012, 3:47 PM
Well, let me put it this way, obito is a big part of KAKASHI's backstory, and to have him be the main villain of NARUTO, doesn't make any sense.

But honestly I don't care if I'm wrong or right, its not going to change what kishimoto writes, so I'll happily wait for the next few chapters(which now that I think about it, will probably switch back to orochimaru and sasuke unfortunately)

Lorde
5th August 2012, 6:05 PM
Yeah, cause Kakashi wasn't strong before that or anything. He was just a Jonin at 13. No big deal.

The sarcasm is thick here. But seriously, he wouldn't be ranked among the best without the Sharingan. That's what made him legendary throughout the shinobi world. I'd even go as far as saying that Obito [indirectly] saved Kakashi's life by giving him the Sharingan; Kakashi's team and Guy's team would have died during Deidara's explosion if Kakashi hadn't warped it away with Kamui. Not to mention all the other times Kakashi has used the Sharingan to protect those closest to him. That eye of his really came in handy, so let's not pretend that it's worthless.

TsukiMirage
5th August 2012, 7:43 PM
I don't think Minato and Kushina would simply tell Obito and the others all their secrets, but I do think that Obito could've gleaned some knowledge from his interactions with them. As for the Uchiha clan, I honestly think there's more to the story than that, which has already been hinted at in some of the recent chapters. Maybe with Hiraishin, though Rin and Kakashi didn't seem to know about it, but not with Kushina. Even Jiraiya didn't know and he's one of the most informed ninjas around. There likely is more to the story, but with what we saw from Itachi's flashback, it was more then just a greedy power grab.

Platinum fan.
5th August 2012, 10:08 PM
The sarcasm is thick here. But seriously, he wouldn't be ranked among the best without the Sharingan. That's what made him legendary throughout the shinobi world. I'd even go as far as saying that Obito [indirectly] saved Kakashi's life by giving him the Sharingan; Kakashi's team and Guy's team would have died during Deidara's explosion if Kakashi hadn't warped it away with Kamui. Not to mention all the other times Kakashi has used the Sharingan to protect those closest to him. That eye of his really came in handy, so let's not pretend that it's worthless.

Kakashi has really become underrated over the past year hasn't he? Sometimes you really do need to go back and see all the amazing stuff he's done for his friends and teammates just to see how helpful he's been with that Sharingan eye. Regardless of how he feels about the situation I would have though Kakashi would have made a decent Hokage during the Danzo thing, then Tsnuade ruined it by being alive, jk :p

Kakashi's sharingan is probably my favorite because he can't abuse it to the same levels that Sasuke does his. Even Itachi had limits before he was a edo zombie.

Crimsonlink
6th August 2012, 12:25 AM

I say the Sharingan held Kakashi back and made him weaker. Its a chakra drainer for Kakashi and it made him lazy because you just pull it out and you can do a ton of hax even with the regular one.

Lorde
6th August 2012, 2:52 AM
Kakashi's sharingan is probably my favorite because he can't abuse it to the same levels that Sasuke does his. Even Itachi had limits before he was a edo zombie.

That's what I like about it, too. It's so balanced. Still, I think it's very useful, especially when Kakashi uses his head to analyze a situation and to come up with a counter measure. I'm just disappointed that Kamui hasn't gotten much attention until recently. It's such an underrated jutsu imo.

SharpedoX
7th August 2012, 12:30 PM
The first aspect that made me believe Tobi is Obito was the fact that when Kakashi and Naruto were facing Tobi, Zetsu and Sasuke he mentioned, as soon as Kakashi planned on using Kamui, that it would be useless against him. Possibly because he knew the technique and knew the perfect way to counter it.

Might be mixing things up though.

Lorde
8th August 2012, 12:15 AM
The first aspect that made me believe Tobi is Obito was the fact that when Kakashi and Naruto were facing Tobi, Zetsu and Sasuke he mentioned, as soon as Kakashi planned on using Kamui, that it would be useless against him. Possibly because he knew the technique and knew the perfect way to counter it.

Might be mixing things up though.

I've been a supporter of the theory for a while now, ever since Kakashi saw Tobi's Sharingan right after Itachi died. It just seemed like it was important. Anyway, there's still a lot of stuff that needs to be revealed before anyone can say for sure who Tobi really is.

Shneak
8th August 2012, 2:07 AM
It's exciting to ponder when the reveal will be though. "Coming weeks" could be tomorrow to 3 months from now, since Kishi isn't that reliable with time.

Banana Bloodplanet
8th August 2012, 2:20 AM
It's exciting to ponder when the reveal will be though. "Coming weeks" could be tomorrow to 3 months from now, since Kishi isn't that reliable with time.
There's no new chapter tomorrow. Shonen Jump is on a break, I think.

Shneak
8th August 2012, 2:23 AM

Ugh, I hope not. Last weeks chapter doesn't say that. It says next time: an incandescent colour page.

Lorde
8th August 2012, 2:51 AM
Ugh, I hope not. Last weeks chapter doesn't say that. It says next time: an incandescent colour page.

It's true, unfortunately. There will be no WSJ this week. I just saw the announcement on Onemanga. I hope Tobi's identity is revealed next week; the colored pages statement kind of makes me hopeful that it'll happen.

TsukiMirage
8th August 2012, 4:28 AM
Gonna be hilarious if Kishi skips back to Madara or Sasuke when the breaks over.

7 tyranitars
8th August 2012, 10:18 AM

Oh I didn't knew that.

Lorde
8th August 2012, 6:56 PM
Gonna be hilarious if Kishi skips back to Madara or Sasuke when the breaks over.

I don't think he will. He already said that Tobi's identity would be revealed in the coming weeks, and it wouldn't be in his nature to lie about something like that.

Banana Bloodplanet
8th August 2012, 6:59 PM
My friend has a theory that Tobi is a Zetsu clone of Madara, because of the white substance he seems to be made of (ex: when he amputated his arm, there was white liquid in place of blood).

Is it plausible?

Lorde
8th August 2012, 9:06 PM
My friend has a theory that Tobi is a Zetsu clone of Madara, because of the white substance he seems to be made of (ex: when he amputated his arm, there was white liquid in place of blood).

Is it plausible?

If Tobi is a clone of Madara, why didn't he know the Edo Tensei's secrets? Madara knew a lot about the jutsu and was able to free himself from it, but Tobi was virtually clueless. So there are some inconsistencies in this theory.

Platinum fan.
9th August 2012, 12:15 AM
I didn't know there was no new chapter this week. So I guess it looks like everyone's talking about Tobi'd identity. I can't wait for it to be revealed if only so these Tobi theories can be put to rest. Some of the theories are really good and some just make my brain hurt because they are so confusing. But it is exciting to guess who Tobi could really be. I just hope they make it good if it really is Obito.

Shadow Lucario
9th August 2012, 12:37 AM
I can see Kishimoto trolling so hard by having Tobi's mask crack off then shifting to someone else like Sasuke. Oh how I would laugh.

Lorde
9th August 2012, 1:11 AM
I didn't know there was no new chapter this week. So I guess it looks like everyone's talking about Tobi'd identity. I can't wait for it to be revealed if only so these Tobi theories can be put to rest. Some of the theories are really good and some just make my brain hurt because they are so confusing. But it is exciting to guess who Tobi could really be. I just hope they make it good if it really is Obito.

I wonder if Kishi has been reading the various theories about Tobi's identity that have been going around for years. I'm sure he'd cackle at some of them.

Platinum fan.
9th August 2012, 1:18 AM
I wonder if Kishi has been reading the various theories about Tobi's identity that have been going around for years. I'm sure he'd cackle at some of them.

I'm sure he does at least for some. I know if I was writing a book series like this and already had a plan set for it, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the theories just to see who actually guessed right, who came close, who was dead wrong, and what were some of the most crazy theories out there. It can be fun depending on how you look at it.

Shneak
9th August 2012, 3:27 AM
Ugh, there was a break. The humanity.

I can see Kishi pulling a cliffhanger with Tobi's mask shattering, then following either two of the other plots for a month.

7 tyranitars
9th August 2012, 3:02 PM
I can so see that happen...

In the Anime it was really nice to see Ten Ten fighting the lightning monster, she needs more moments like this.

Lorde
9th August 2012, 5:41 PM
I'm sure he does at least for some. I know if I was writing a book series like this and already had a plan set for it, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the theories just to see who actually guessed right, who came close, who was dead wrong, and what were some of the most crazy theories out there. It can be fun depending on how you look at it.

I wonder if he was influenced by some of the theories. I have to admit that if I were an author and people were talking about my work, I would try to listen to their suggestions and such in order to please my fanbase. So maybe Kishi developed an original idea for who Tobi might be, but changed it later on when he thought of a better one.

Joltik-Kid
9th August 2012, 8:29 PM
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Kishi doesn't own a computer

Shneak
10th August 2012, 4:39 AM
In the Anime it was really nice to see Ten Ten fighting the lightning monster, she needs more moments like this.

Yeah, it was. Leave it to me relying on the anime to have Tenten actually fight on-screen.

Lorde
10th August 2012, 11:56 PM
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Kishi doesn't own a computer

Geez. Does he live in a cave or something?

Yeah, it was. Leave it to me relying on the anime to have Tenten actually fight on-screen.

It seems that people were right about the producers of the anime adding new scenes to this arc. I'm glad that Tenten finally got some screen-time; I'm just slightly disappointed that we have to stay tuned to the anime to get scenes like this.

-Raiga-
11th August 2012, 1:53 AM

He's a serialized author with a family, that's about as close to living in a cave as you can get.

Needless to say, I'm sure his editor or an assistant reads some of the fan's talk about the series, and can tell him if he's done something predictable.

Joltik-Kid
11th August 2012, 3:33 AM
He's a serialized author with a family, that's about as close to living in a cave as you can get.

Needless to say, I'm sure his editor or an assistant reads some of the fan's talk about the series, and can tell him if he's done something predictable.
Pretty sure he uses a public computer

Platinum fan.
11th August 2012, 6:28 PM

It seems that people were right about the producers of the anime adding new scenes to this arc. I'm glad that Tenten finally got some screen-time; I'm just slightly disappointed that we have to stay tuned to the anime to get scenes like this.

Tell me about it. I'm not a fan of the anime so it sucks I have keep up with it just to see Tenten actually do something. How annoying.

Lorde
11th August 2012, 7:01 PM
Tell me about it. I'm not a fan of the anime so it sucks I have keep up with it just to see Tenten actually do something. How annoying.

And it's funny because Kishi claims that Tenten is one of his favorite characters. :p

Some spoilers are out, although I'm not sure if they're accurate.

-Kakashi explains how they hit tobi with Kamui. (Tobi and Kakashi's jutsu share the same dimension)
-They talk about Kakashi's sharingan and how he got it (something like that)
-Naruto remember Jman and Minato's last word (they trust him, he can do it -yes you can-, the jutsu used by the 4th to seal a part of his chakra)
-naruto and Kyuubi stuff
-Naruto is about to use a new "jutsu"/"mastering" of the Kyuubi, something about eagle style jutsu

The person who posted them also posted the cover of next week's WSJ though (so I guess it leaked?). I think we can expect the chapter either today or tomorrow if it's real.

JD
11th August 2012, 11:41 PM
And it's funny because Kishi claims that Tenten is one of his favorite characters. :p

Some spoilers are out, although I'm not sure if they're accurate.

-Kakashi explains how they hit tobi with Kamui. (Tobi and Kakashi's jutsu share the same dimension)
-They talk about Kakashi's sharingan and how he got it (something like that)
-Naruto remember Jman and Minato's last word (they trust him, he can do it -yes you can-, the jutsu used by the 4th to seal a part of his chakra)
-naruto and Kyuubi stuff
-Naruto is about to use a new "jutsu"/"mastering" of the Kyuubi, something about eagle style jutsu

The person who posted them also posted the cover of next week's WSJ though (so I guess it leaked?). I think we can expect the chapter either today or tomorrow if it's real.

I hope it's real we might be finding out Tobi's identity soon if it's real.

Shneak
12th August 2012, 2:57 AM
I forgot that chapters usually come out early when there's breaks. Anyway, I love how the spoilers blatantly imply that Tobi is Obito.

TsukiMirage
12th August 2012, 3:16 AM
The spoiler actually implies otherwise. Tobi response to Kakshi's question suggest that while he has Obito's eye, he took it from the dead Obito.

Shneak
12th August 2012, 3:23 AM
Oh, interesting. I only read Kira's spoilers.

TsukiMirage
12th August 2012, 3:38 AM
Oh, interesting. I only read Kira's spoilers. There's a fully translated script on MH, where Kakashi speaks about them using the same doujutsu and then ask Tobi where he got that eye from, after which Tobi speaks about how he took it after the bridge incident.

Lorde
12th August 2012, 4:34 AM
There's a fully translated script on MH, where Kakashi speaks about them using the same doujutsu and then ask Tobi where he got that eye from, after which Tobi speaks about how he took it after the bridge incident.

Which makes no sense since Obito's right eye was crushed by a boulder and Tobi's right eye is intact and fully functional. When Danzo crushed Shisui's eye, Tobi was pissed off because he couldn't use it, so it's obvious that a crushed Sharingan is beyond saving. This is getting messy. I'd rather read the chapter myself before I use the "new information" that was revealed. And even if it is real, there's still a high possibility that Tobi is lying as he's lied many times before.

Ver-mont
12th August 2012, 4:37 AM
I don't know what to think. Tobi speaks to Kakashi in a very personal level, that would make sense if he really was Obito.

Joltik-Kid
12th August 2012, 6:10 AM
The manga's out peeps :D

http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/Naruto/Naruto-597/

Ver-mont
12th August 2012, 6:21 AM
Okay, after reading the chapter I don't think there's any doubt about Tobi's true identity anymore.

Joltik-Kid
12th August 2012, 6:23 AM
It's almost hard to say it isn't Obito... or possibly Rin

Ver-mont
12th August 2012, 6:28 AM
Yes, Kakashi's reaction, Tobi's monologue, it's sure one of them. Most likely Obito. When Kakashi asks "where did you get that eye", he says it was at that fight at the Kannabi Bridge, exactly where Obito first awakened his Sharingan.

Shneak
12th August 2012, 6:43 AM
- Tobi is white. Not Zetsu white.
- Tobi/Kakashi split face panel. Subtle.
- Hmm. Tobi's only exclusive technique is becoming mundane.
- Kakashi knows.
- And Tobi admits it.
- "It's too late to regret. Reality is just cruelly moving forward." Awesome quote.

Okay chapter. It's useful to get a deeper explanation. Yeah, there's no way Tobi isn't Obito. He basically just said it without saying the name. I guess it could be a fakeout, but Tobi knows way too much to not be him. It would also relate to the 4th like Kurama mentioned.

The thing I find weird is Kakashi asking where Tobi got it, and Tobi saying where he got it. Kakashi probably thinks that Tobi isn't a Uchiha but took Obito's eye, but Obito would have had his eye anyway. Rin is another option, I guess.

Lorde
12th August 2012, 6:48 AM
Wow. Talk about an intense chapter. Aside from the Kamui explanation, Tobi's little speech pretty much confirmed what a lot of us believed. I think there's a 99% chance that he really is Obito; funny how the spoilers almost contradicted the theory, but the actual chapter makes a better case of it. Naruto's speech was awesome, too. I bet the mask comes off next week.

Izanagi
12th August 2012, 6:58 AM
It is possible that Tobi could be Obito even more so now however I really don't think the answer is going to be that simple. However, given all these breadcrumbs Tobi being Obito is certainly not unlikely.

Lorde
12th August 2012, 7:02 AM
I think when Kakashi asked Tobi where he got the Sharingan, he thought Tobi might have stolen it from Obito's corpse. But Tobi's answer was more straight forward; he claimed to have gotten the Sharingan at Kannabi Bridge, which was where Obito awakened it. His words had a meaning that only Kakashi would understand. Everything else he said - like the part about heroes and graves - pretty much confirmed that he's Obito. I don't buy the Rin theories; they started out as jokes, but it seems some people actually think Tobi could be Rin? I'm not here for that. Although I do believe she played a role in all of this, just not what some people may think.

Ver-mont
12th August 2012, 7:03 AM
It is possible that Tobi could be Obito even more so now however I really don't think the answer is going to be that simple. However, given all these breadcrumbs Tobi being Obito is certainly not unlikely.

It's not exactly simple since we have yet to know what happened to him after the accident that ultimately led him to become Tobi and adopt his new goals.

But as to who is behind the mask, I think the answer is given.

Lorde
12th August 2012, 8:19 AM
It's not exactly simple since we have yet to know what happened to him after the accident that ultimately led him to become Tobi and adopt his new goals.

It's strange because I've seen people say that it would be too simple/predictable for Tobi to be Obito, and others who say that it would be too complicated. I think the people who find it predictable are saying that because the Tobi = Obito theory was around from the moment Tobi appeared in the manga. And the people who think it would be too complicated just need to piece everything together.

Ver-mont
12th August 2012, 8:23 AM
It's strange because I've seen people say that it would be too simple/predictable for Tobi to be Obito, and others who say that it would be too complicated. I think the people who find it predictable are saying that because the Tobi = Obito theory was around from the moment Tobi appeared in the manga. And the people who think it would be too complicated just need to piece everything together.

I think that's about it. His identity was predictable, because well... even the names bear a striking resemblance. But the motives, what happened to him from the accident until the first moment we know of him as Tobi (and how the hell he managed to plan things with Madara), that's the real mystery.

lolipiece
12th August 2012, 10:53 AM
Sigh...

Explanations, explanations, more explanations.

And yet no explanation on Tobi. This is getting tiresome.

Shadow Lucario
12th August 2012, 11:56 AM
I know for a fact that Tobi is not Rin. If anyone is serious about that then slap yourself. I doubt Rin's voice would be that deep unless she was really a guy and her balls just dropped out of nowhere. The Tobi is Obito theory is getting more evidence to support it. You can't really say Obito's other Sharingan was crushed because we only saw that side of his body under the rock. Just because his body was crushed does not mean his eye was destroyed.

lolipiece
12th August 2012, 12:00 PM
I know for a fact that Tobi is not Rin. If anyone is serious about that then slap yourself. I doubt Rin's voice would be that deep unless she was really a guy and her balls just dropped out of nowhere. The Tobi is Obito theory is getting more evidence to support it. You can't really say Obito's other Sharingan was crushed because we only saw that side of his body under the rock. Just because his body was crushed does not mean his eye was destroyed.

Uh, this is a series where ninjas can breathe fire, shoot lighting, summon multi-headed dogs from nowhere, and eyeballs are the source of nearly everything that's bad with this series. (Seriously, the Sharingan must die.)

Is it not possible for her to be using a voice changing technique? I'm just saying.

Ver-mont
12th August 2012, 12:05 PM
Uh, this is a series where ninjas can breathe fire, shoot lighting, summon multi-headed dogs from nowhere, and eyeballs are the source of nearly everything that's bad with this series. (Seriously, the Sharingan must die.)

Is it not possible for her to be using a voice changing technique? I'm just saying.

And it would be nice to see a female evil boss, but it's virtually confirmed it's really Obito anyway.

uber gon
12th August 2012, 1:22 PM
So the main villain is either a guy, a girl using a voice changer, or possible transgender. Hopefully Kishimoto goes for something unexpected.

Joltik-Kid
12th August 2012, 5:13 PM
Funny thing about Kakashi's comments... Sakura had already made that analysis in chapter 395

http://c.mhcdn.net/store/manga/8/43-395.0/compressed/naruto_395_fh.naruto_395_10.jpg

JJDalts
12th August 2012, 5:50 PM
If Tobi is Obito, then I suppose I can look past the fact that Obito died, because being dead means almost nothing in this series. But one thing I cant get over is that Tobi is much older than what Obito would be. I mean, he was around during the Second War, and from the shots of his face we've seen so far, he looks quite old. If he is Obito, that makes him the same age as Kakashi, and yet Kakashi doesn't look old at all.

I just hope it all gets explained...

Lorde
12th August 2012, 6:01 PM
I find it funny that Sakura had a theory of what Tobi's power was like, only for it to be totally ignored until now. I'm all for Kakashi analyzing the situation on his own, but he could have at least cited Sakura's theory when he claimed to understand Tobi's power. It just seems kind of messed up for Sakura to be right without getting proper credit.

Platinum fan.
12th August 2012, 8:24 PM
Well if nothing else it looks like Kakashi act least knows who Tobi is. I kinda hope it's not Obito, because it's to obvious but then again at this point who else could it be? So I'll be okay with it. I wasn't really crazy about this weeks chapter to be honest. It explained how the kunai hit Tobi but overall I was pretty bored with the read here this time.

Shadow Lucario
12th August 2012, 8:54 PM

That would be a waste of Chakra. Even Minato said Tobi was man. And haven't we seen Tobi's chest at some point? That's the biggest indicator.

7 tyranitars
12th August 2012, 11:47 PM
So.. Tobi does have Obito's eye..