PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The end is here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109

PokeRhymeBeat
28th September 2012, 12:47 AM
I just want to know if the Kage will be ok.

lolipiece
28th September 2012, 1:02 AM
Sasuke to get his own novel - http://www.narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=251371.

I thought it might concern you, but may a mod delete this post as he/she sees fit.

Oh, yay. A book filled with DARKNESS.

Fun.

7 tyranitars
28th September 2012, 6:21 PM

Fun.

They are saying it isn't a book but a postcard now:
So not a novel :p.

Get the original postcard Yurindo limited!
Fair for two consecutive months! Complete Mezase!
Comics released Volume 62 (Thu) 10/4,
the purchase of a "day without the wolf" JUMP j BOOKS on sale Friday, 11/2,
respectively, present the original post card! It is the privilege of limited Yurindo. I try not to miss!
Get the benefits ① postcards!
◇ NARUTO-Naruto Volume title -62
(Thu) ◇ 2012/10/4 Release
author Masashi Kishimoto ◇
◇ Yurindo limited benefits ① original postcard
price ◇ 420 yen (tax included)
/ Shueisha Jump Comics ◇ publication
Get the benefits ② postcards!
◇ NARUTO-Naruto title - Sun Wolf Den without a thunderclap
(Fri) ◇ 2012/11/2 Release
Akiyoshi Higashiyama ◇ Author (Author) Masashi Kishimoto (Illustrator)
Original Postcard limited benefits Yurindo ◇
◇ 780 yen price (including tax)
Publishing ◇ / JUMP j BOOKS Shueisha
* Offers are enclosed with the product.
* For the first-come-first-served basis, and we will end as soon as it disappears.
* There may be by location, item release date is different.
* HonyaClub.Com If you ordered-in reservation, you will not be able to put the above-mentioned benefits. Please note.

multi-scale
28th September 2012, 11:54 PM
I supposed "Tobi" dies in the confrontation, Obito activates Mangekyo as a result. At least stuff is getting explained. It's better than watching the Kages getting owned every week.

Shneak
28th September 2012, 11:54 PM
Sasuke to get his own novel - http://www.narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=251371.

I thought it might concern you, but may a mod delete this post as he/she sees fit.

Set during the three years of training? So nothing happens, I assume, except for the occasional acid bath with Orochimaru.

Banana Knight Arthur
29th September 2012, 12:18 AM

Fun.

Sweet, sweet......DARKNESSSSSS.....!

Sign me up!

Locormus
29th September 2012, 2:33 AM

Hmm, they're taking the Bleach route:
- An author can't include anymore material although he has quite some left, puts it in novel form.

For instance, Bleach has two novels that are coming/came out recently, featuring stories on Kenpachi, and how a sword was made that was going to reboot Ichigo's powers after he lost them after fighting Aizen.

The latter deals with a critical plotpoint, but isn't written by Kubo, but only illustrated, so it kinda blends the line on where we should see canon or not. This is what I'm fearing for this novel as well. I know the Kenpachi-novel screwed with the Bleach fanbase even more, so I wonder how this will turn out...

They are saying it isn't a book but a postcard now:
So not a novel :p.

No, it is a novel published by Jump J-Books. If you order it, you have a chance of receiving a 2nd Yurindo Postcard. The first is handed out along with Volume 62 of the manga.

Crimsonlink
2nd October 2012, 10:13 AM
Nothing that wasn't predicted didn't happen this week. So in other words, nothing happened.

lolipiece
2nd October 2012, 10:24 AM
Kakashi, you pervert.

What are you doing, sticking your hand in a girl's chest.

gliscor&yanmega
2nd October 2012, 2:28 PM
So Kakashi kills Rin. Interested to see where this goes. I'm defiantly thinking there's more to it then that.

uber gon
2nd October 2012, 2:53 PM
Somehow I think Kakashi will be justified in stabbing Rin. Maybe she's a spy.

SkyDeity
2nd October 2012, 3:24 PM
This seems to have setup written all over it.

DANdotW
2nd October 2012, 4:43 PM
Perhaps the rain was the setup of some sort of confusion Genjutsu, causing them to view each other as enemies? Dunno, but I sincerely hope they don't make Rin a spy. Although at least now we know why her death caused Kakashi pain in the beginning.

Platinum fan.
2nd October 2012, 4:53 PM
Another boring chapter for Platinum fan...until we reached the end that is. That was surprising. I think this shocked me more then Tobi revealing himself to be Obito, for obvious reasons of course. Maybe this is why Kakashi scolded Sasuke on not to use Chidori on a member from his own village. This reveal makes Kakashi a even more interesting character. Poor Rin. So the ending of this chapter alone made it AWESOME. I cannot wait for the next one. I wonder if they'll dive right into why Kakashi did what he did or make us wait?

TsukiMirage
2nd October 2012, 5:31 PM
Kakashi being the one to kill Rin was a surprise, but Obito must will realize there's more going on, else he would have condemned Kakashi from killing her instead of merely letting her die. And I suppose the mention of spiral Zetsu taking control in battle will be used to explain why he preformed as he did against Minato. Alright chapter.

Locormus
2nd October 2012, 6:02 PM
Another boring chapter for Platinum fan...until we reached the end that is. That was surprising. I think this shocked me more then Tobi revealing himself to be Obito, for obvious reasons of course. Maybe this is why Kakashi scolded Sasuke on not to use Chidori on a member from his own village. This reveal makes Kakashi a even more interesting character. Poor Rin. So the ending of this chapter alone made it AWESOME. I cannot wait for the next one. I wonder if they'll dive right into why Kakashi did what he did or make us wait?

Honestly, I was less taken aback by the 'revelation' at the end. The end didn't really fix the rest of the chapter for me. As a standalone chapter, not much of anything happened here. I yawned..

Kakashi being the one to kill Rin was a surprise, but Obito must will realize there's more going on, else he would have condemned Kakashi from killing her instead of merely letting her die. And I suppose the mention of spiral Zetsu taking control in battle will be used to explain why he preformed as he did against Minato. Alright chapter.

This.. Also explains why Tobi had this cheery personality before the meeting with Konan and Pain.

JJDalts
2nd October 2012, 7:28 PM
How does Zetsu know what Rin and Kakashi look like anyway?

Shneak
2nd October 2012, 10:01 PM
- Love the coloured Obito page, even thought the characters have been retconned to be the same age.
- So gross.
- Madara's finished his 1 year nap. I wonder if he got all of his memories back.
- Whoa, grumpy old man. YOU WILL THANK ME.
- The hideout is the Bone Graveyard. Interesting.
- Shouldn't Obito's eyes be burning? He hasn't really seen light.
- Kakashi and Obito being responsible? That could be a twist.
- Or that. Wow.

Not sure how to react. There's obviously a missing link between the reason why Kakashi killed Rin and what Obito perceived. Kakashi didn't know Obito was alive until this fight though, so I doubt they confront each other.

Joltik-Kid
2nd October 2012, 11:24 PM
How does Zetsu know what Rin and Kakashi look like anyway?
That is a question that will likely never be answered.

Boring chapter till the end though... Gotta figure out why Kakashi killed Rin

DucksGoMooful
2nd October 2012, 11:54 PM
I was going to say about 10 pages in (as Obito was running there), "He seems too liable to swing to the evil side if he discovers Rin's dead. Unless something's been messing with his brain, he should still be wholly (or near wholly) good at heart, so even if he saw Rin dead, he shouldn't turn evil because of that." But seeing Kakashi kill Rin would definitely do it to him. Interesting chapter.

waffle_x_v
3rd October 2012, 1:44 AM
I think maybe zetsu disguised himself as kakashi and killed rin? That, or kakashi has a justified reason.

Kamex
3rd October 2012, 4:47 AM
I think maybe zetsu disguised himself as kakashi and killed rin? That, or kakashi has a justified reason.
I would guess that it's more likely Kakashi had a justified reason. I just hope Obito actually sticks around long enough to find out why it happened (even if it still leads him to hating the world) rather than just shed a tear, turn around and crawl back to Madara's lair with his tail between his legs.

TsukiMirage
3rd October 2012, 4:51 AM
How does Zetsu know what Rin and Kakashi look like anyway? The Zetsus were spread all around gathering information. It shouldn't have been to hard to discover what Kakashi and Rin look like when they knew where they lived.

Ver-mont
3rd October 2012, 5:09 AM
I don't think Kakashi would be crying if that was just a Zetsu setup to mess with Obito's head.

Kamex
3rd October 2012, 5:09 AM
The Zetsus were spread all around gathering information. It shouldn't have been to hard to discover what Kakashi and Rin look like when they knew where they lived.
They also might have been watching Minato's squad during the Kannabi bridge mission. Perhaps Madara had Zetsu keep an eye on Obito (and his teammates) until his supposed death.

TsukiMirage
3rd October 2012, 5:38 AM
They also might have been watching Minato's squad during the Kannabi bridge mission. Perhaps Madara had Zetsu keep an eye on Obito (and his teammates) until his supposed death. They must have, since they were close enough to rescue Obito soon afterward.

7 tyranitars
3rd October 2012, 1:16 PM
That was certainly suprising. I will put my money on mind confusing Genjutsu. (Used on either Kakashi or Rin)

Locormus
3rd October 2012, 2:56 PM
- Love the coloured Obito page, even thought the characters have been retconned to be the same age.
- So gross.
- Madara's finished his 1 year nap. I wonder if he got all of his memories back.
- Whoa, grumpy old man. YOU WILL THANK ME.
- The hideout is the Bone Graveyard. Interesting.
- Shouldn't Obito's eyes be burning? He hasn't really seen light.
- Kakashi and Obito being responsible? That could be a twist.
- Or that. Wow.

Not sure how to react. There's obviously a missing link between the reason why Kakashi killed Rin and what Obito perceived. Kakashi didn't know Obito was alive until this fight though, so I doubt they confront each other.

Zetsu is basically controlling Obito's body in the suit right now. So if this is all a set up, then this will be the point where Zetsu will turn around so that Obito will never see what really happened, nor meet with Kakashi again.

I think that when he turns around, the Rin that we see will turn out to be a Zetsu-clone, meaning that Rin was killed before by the Kirigakure Ninjas, Zetsu spored her body, picked a fight with Kakashi, and transformed into Rin to screw with him even more.

Of course would Kakashi then have tears in his eyes! He probably just lost Rin moments ago and is forced to take down an enemy that has taken on her likeness! The 'Rin-clone' saying Kakashi's name is just another psychological torture thingie that I think Zetsu kinda like to do in general...

I think Zetsu disguised himself as Rin! :P

They must have, since they were close enough to rescue Obito soon afterward.

That's a nice twist.. The 'Madara found you when the cave collapsed'-line just doesn't seem that likely considering how little Madara actually appears to move and how Obito would be covered in even more rubble then before.

That was certainly suprising. I will put my money on mind confusing Genjutsu. (Used on either Kakashi or Rin)

What I said above, or this.. But even then why would Kakashi be under genjutsu when he has his Sharingan on?

Kamex
3rd October 2012, 7:11 PM
What I said above, or this.. But even then why would Kakashi be under genjutsu when he has his Sharingan on?
Yeah he probably wouldn't... but I also don't think he'd be crying if he wasn't currently in the act of killing Rin herself. And I'm also not convinced that Zetsu is even against Obito... even though he/they/it works for Madara, it seems like Zetsu's sympathetic and friendly toward Obito. But I could be wrong, since Madara must have some plan to get Obito to come around, Zetsu might be a part of that plan. *shrugs*

SkyDeity
3rd October 2012, 9:56 PM

I'm glad someone mentioned this. Obito clearly stated that Kakashi let Rin die, not that he killed her. There is clearly more to this than what we were shown. Sawyer7mage in his review said it best when it was "a cliffhanger gone wrong."

His Sharingan doesn't provide immunity to other Sharingan-based genjutsu especially since he is a non-Uchiha. Don't forget when Itachi placed him under Tsukuyomi. Even Sasuke was momentarily affected by that in his battle with Itachi.

Shneak
3rd October 2012, 10:02 PM
I'm glad someone mentioned this. Obito clearly stated that Kakashi let Rin die, not that he killed her. There is clearly more to this than what we were shown. Sawyer7mage in his review said it best when it was "a cliffhanger gone wrong."

Well, she's not instantly dead. We need some reasoning behind Kakashi's motive, but technically he'll probably leave her for dead.

Joltik-Kid
4th October 2012, 5:46 AM
Well, at least Kishi was always good with cliffhangers... seriously, I need to know what happened in next weeks issue :P

7 tyranitars
4th October 2012, 11:44 PM
Well, at least Kishi was always good with cliffhangers... seriously, I need to know what happened in next weeks issue :P

I know right XD it seems like he replaces one cliffhanger with an even more annoying one XD

Crimsonlink
5th October 2012, 4:10 AM
I call Zetsu clones as the solution to this cliffhanger.

Born Better
5th October 2012, 4:59 PM
So I hear Obito is Tobi and he's going all this crap because whatsherface died in a war. If that's true,AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Ver-mont
6th October 2012, 4:26 AM
So I hear Obito is Tobi and he's going all this crap because whatsherface died in a war. If that's true,AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Obito is Tobi, but no one knows the whole story about how he became Tobi.

Locormus
9th October 2012, 6:32 PM
Obito is Tobi, but no one knows the whole story about how he became Tobi.

Lost the right side of his body, got trapped in Madara mindgames, got trapped in a Zetsu bodysuit, got trapped into thinking that Kakashi killed his love interest (which may've been a Zetsu-clone), and afterwards deemed revenge on the cruel, cruel world... :D

Done.. :D

Edit: 5555th post! xD

Shneak
9th October 2012, 10:57 PM

Not necessarily. He's doing this because he's sick of the world of war that he lives in and wants to make peace, even if he has to force it upon everyone. Rin was just the trigger.

Kamex
10th October 2012, 6:40 AM
So... basically Obito massacres dozens of Kiri hunter-nin. That's cool.

Actually, I thought it was pretty cool how he feels like he's in Hell... that explains the name of the chapter, and ends it (and all that merciless killing) pretty poignantly.

Also interesting to finally see the advent of Kamui (in both eyes at the same time! nice). So Kakashi got this skill ages ago... and what's this? Obito skipped the three-tomoe stage...? Haha.

Crimsonlink
10th October 2012, 8:45 AM
Wow talk about random jumps in power. Hey lets give Obito Mangekyo Sharingan and Mokuton at the same time. Lets also make lots of action scenes to hide the BS going on behind the scenes during the chapter.

Shadow Lucario
10th October 2012, 9:11 AM
Wow talk about random jumps in power. Hey lets give Obito Mangekyo Sharingan and Mokuton at the same time. Lets also make lots of action scenes to hide the BS going on behind the scenes during the chapter.

We knew Obito had Mokuton from two chapters ago. And we know that a deep feeling of loss activates the Mangekyou Sharingan. Stuff covered in chapters ages ago.

lolipiece
10th October 2012, 9:31 AM
Note to self: Don't piss Obito off...

7 tyranitars
10th October 2012, 11:57 AM
We knew Obito had Mokuton from two chapters ago. And we know that feeling a deep feeling of loss activates the Mangekyou Sharingan. Stuff covered in chapters ages ago.

Glad to see this posted. It isn't a "random" jump in power.

Locormus
10th October 2012, 3:26 PM
Note to self: Don't piss Obito off...

Note to author: Damn Kishi! Didn't know you liked gore! xD

gliscor&yanmega
10th October 2012, 3:52 PM
I was shocked at the pool of blood, never expected something that graphic.

First off, death is a major trigger for people, especially if it's death from the result of killing, and if that killing is by your best friend, and you witness that killing. More over, Obito's life hasn't been that great since his "death". Madara most likely is manipulating him, feeding him stuff about the world being ****. Obito probably didn't have anyone to pick his spirits up after Rin died, instead Madara probably put more negative thoughts in his head, eventually, he was going to lose himself and become "Tobi".

It's not just because Rin died, but it clearly was what set him off, and that's perfectly fine since it happens a lot in fiction, and in real life. Death isn't that easy for people to handle.

TsukiMirage
10th October 2012, 7:45 PM
Wow, Obito losing it was awesome. It's a real shame "Tobi" never fought like that. Would much have enjoyed him using Mokuton in addition to Kamui then solely Kamui. The only bad thing about this chapter is that it didn't answer any questions. That and now Kakashi was recon as having MS for 15~ years instead of awakening it during the time skip. The Kiri ninjas also mention the Bloody Mist, which means that Madara must already have been in control of their village. Gonna be interesting to see how a bunch of Kiri ninjas killed by Mokuton will get explained. Great chapter.

Kamex
10th October 2012, 8:39 PM
That and now Kakashi was recon as having MS for 15~ years instead of awakening it during the time skip.
Well it's possible that he wasn't aware that he had the power yet, since he passed out.

Perhaps it's impossible for only one of the eyes to gain Mangekyou, either that or Obito and Kakashi getting MS at the same time was just supposed to be a deep and meaningful coincidence.

The Kiri ninjas also mention the Bloody Mist, which means that Madara must already have been in control of their village.
I wonder if Madara orchestrated this to some extent using his authority as Mizukage. And on another note, I wonder if this event will soon lead to Obito becoming the true Mizukage, since Kisame recognized him a while back. But I guess we still need to figure out how Tobi and/or Madara were able to do all the things they've done at the times they've done them.

Joltik-Kid
10th October 2012, 9:26 PM
Well it's possible that he wasn't aware that he had the power yet, since he passed out.

Perhaps it's impossible for only one of the eyes to gain Mangekyou, either that or Obito and Kakashi getting MS at the same time was just supposed to be a deep and meaningful coincidence.
It was stated last issue that both eyes gain in power when near each other. Thus because Kakashi killed a close friend, Obito was able to awaken the MS (or it could be because Obito witnessed such death) which in term allowed Kakashi to do the same

Shneak
10th October 2012, 9:49 PM
- So we start off with the deathly blow again. Kakashi looks sullen, so we know it's him.
- That close-up of Obito is drawn horribly.
- Oh, I get it now. So we essentially have an explanation. Kiri wants Rin for some reason, so Kakashi kills her so that they don't accomplish their goal.
- MS formation.
- Okay, I guess I'll look at a massacre.
- This is really brutal.
- Ha, I love the page with the branches surrounding the moon. I didn't even notice the bodies at first.
- This will definitely be censored to hell. So much blood.
- Uhh, where's Kakashi's body?

Not sure how I feel about this chapter. It answered some more questions, which I liked. I suppose I disliked the fight scene because I couldn't follow it. It will probably be better animated. I also didn't like Zetsu's weird cheering, but it seems like he's reacting to Obito angrily using his power.

Platinum fan.
10th October 2012, 11:46 PM
Obito freaking out at Rin's death was wow! I didn't know he had it in him. It's kinda funny in a dark sort of way that he killed everyone minus the guy that actually killed Rin. I figured this was how Kakashi got his M-Sharingan. How else? This was a pretty good chapter I guess. Not a lot of talking just violence, blood and a dead Rin. From the sounds of things Rin was probably under some spell by the enemy and was going to spill Konoha's secrets maybe? Or maybe she really was a spy, or maybe she stole something from the enemy and they wanted it back and she like, I don't know swallowed it. That doesn't explain Kakashi chidoring her though, since a simple stomach pump no justu would do. We'll find out soon enough but it's to bad for Obito. He watched his world die before him. Poor guy. I would say Edo Tensei her but I'm sure there's something in the way of that simple outcome. Good chapter.

Crimsonlink
11th October 2012, 1:53 AM
We knew Obito had Mokuton from two chapters ago. And we know that a deep feeling of loss activates the Mangekyou Sharingan. Stuff covered in chapters ages ago.

... I really wonder sometimes how people explain away inconsistencies using terrible logic.

Obito had Mokuton from 2 chapter ago, so what? Suddenly he can grow plants from his body parts instantly to spear through enemies? I can attribute that to emotional shonen power-up/breakdown.

But the Mangekyo Sharingan teleportation is something else. Overusage with no practice and just unlocking it as well.

Also in my original post I stated the random jump in power because Obito has 2 of the most powerful bloodline abilities in one chapter thanks to Rin's death.

Which reminds me Rin, screw you for dying and getting captured in the original Kakashi Gaiden. Naruto should blame you for causing Obito to go mad and ended up releasing Kyuubi, causing his parents death and a whole bunch of other junk.

TsukiMirage
11th October 2012, 8:00 AM

Perhaps it's impossible for only one of the eyes to gain Mangekyou, either that or Obito and Kakashi getting MS at the same time was just supposed to be a deep and meaningful coincidence. That's one thing, but to go through a decade and not know seems crazy. Both Sasuke and Obito showed using their Ms was instinctual. I'm finding it hard to believe that Kakashi never got close to losing a fight, especially considering his battle record.

I wonder if Madara orchestrated this to some extent using his authority as Mizukage. And on another note, I wonder if this event will soon lead to Obito becoming the true Mizukage, since Kisame recognized him a while back. But I guess we still need to figure out how Tobi and/or Madara were able to do all the things they've done at the times they've done them. I'm thinking it was Black Zetsu, who has been oddly absent. As for the Mizukage thing, I still can't see how that'll work when it should have happen before this point in time.

Shadow Lucario
11th October 2012, 8:36 AM
... I really wonder sometimes how people explain away inconsistencies using terrible logic.

Obito had Mokuton from 2 chapter ago, so what? Suddenly he can grow plants from his body parts instantly to spear through enemies? I can attribute that to emotional shonen power-up/breakdown.

Terrible logic? Hardly. We don't know the extent to which he learned to use Mokuton. We knew he had Mokuton because he was making branches out of his hands.

But the Mangekyo Sharingan teleportation is something else. Overusage with no practice and just unlocking it as well.

It was one eye though. One eye = less Chakra drain I'm assuming. As for him using Kamui, I didn't really see him use it much this chapter. A few times to evade and that's about it.

Also in my original post I stated the random jump in power because Obito has 2 of the most powerful bloodline abilities in one chapter thanks to Rin's death.

Well he had Mokuton because of Madara. He USED it because of Rin. And I blame Kakashi for all this madness going on. He killed Rin when he said he'd protect her. what a dick.

Banana Knight Arthur
11th October 2012, 7:00 PM
That's one thing, but to go through a decade and not know seems crazy. Both Sasuke and Obito showed using their Ms was instinctual. I'm finding it hard to believe that Kakashi never got close to losing a fight, especially considering his battle record.

I'm thinking it was Black Zetsu, who has been oddly absent. As for the Mizukage thing, I still can't see how that'll work when it should have happen before this point in time.

Dont'cha know?

Rin is the REAL enemy in 'Naruto'

DarkSpace2012
11th October 2012, 9:46 PM
Terrible logic? Hardly. We don't know the extent to which he learned to use Mokuton. We knew he had Mokuton because he was making branches out of his hands.

It was one eye though. One eye = less Chakra drain I'm assuming. As for him using Kamui, I didn't really see him use it much this chapter. A few times to evade and that's about it.

Well he had Mokuton because of Madara. He USED it because of Rin. And I blame Kakashi for all this madness going on. He killed Rin when he said he'd protect her. what a dick.

Now now SD, we don't know why he killed her yet, although I'm gonna safely assume it was to get the Mangekyou

Kamex
11th October 2012, 9:52 PM
Now now SD, we don't know why he killed her yet, although I'm gonna safely assume it was to get the Mangekyou
I doubt it... that completely goes against Kakashi's character. Especially since he has no need for the MS.

By the way, did anyone else notice that Kakashi is still wearing the same garments (or at least mask) that he wore in the Kannabi bridge mission? It has the little tear at the bottom of his scar... you'd think he'd have access to replacements. Lol.

DucksGoMooful
11th October 2012, 10:18 PM
So Kakashi actually got his Mangekyou before the series even began? (I thought he got it sometime during the timeskip before Shippuden)

Shneak
11th October 2012, 10:44 PM

No... I think it's obvious that the Kiri ninja wanted Rin for some unknown reason and Kakashi killed her so they couldn't have her. It's kind of like Kisame's backstory, where he killed all of his comrades in that one mission so that they would never be captured and reveal their secrets.

So Kakashi actually got his Mangekyou before the series even began? (I thought he got it sometime during the timeskip before Shippuden)

Yeah, weird. I guess Kakashi couldn't have known in this chapter.

Banana Knight Arthur
12th October 2012, 12:27 AM

It's the miracle of Retconning.

HoennMaster
12th October 2012, 5:39 AM
Kind of fell behind a little bit. What chapter # was this week?

Banana Knight Arthur
12th October 2012, 5:44 AM
Kind of fell behind a little bit. What chapter # was this week?

Chapter Numero 6-0-5~

Shadow Lucario
12th October 2012, 11:34 AM
It's the miracle of Retconning.

Can't be a retcon since it was never stated when he got it. Everyone just assumed it happened during the timeskip. It's probably just like Sasuke's situation with his Sharingan. He activated but forgot about it.

TsukiMirage
12th October 2012, 6:44 PM
Can't be a retcon since it was never stated when he got it. Everyone just assumed it happened during the timeskip. It's probably just like Sasuke's situation with his Sharingan. He activated but forgot about it. Kakashi mentioned gaining a new technique over the time skip during his meeting with team Seven at the start of Part Two and later spoke to Naruto about his "new" Sharingan against Deidara. So while it wasn't stated, it was clearly implied to be recently gained, not some decade old secret.

Shadow Lucario
12th October 2012, 7:39 PM
Kakashi mentioned gaining a new technique over the time skip during his meeting with team Seven at the start of Part Two and later spoke to Naruto about his "new" Sharingan against Deidara. So while it wasn't stated, it was clearly implied to be recently gained, not some decade old secret.

It's not a secret. If you don't remember it, how can it be a secret? It's obvious the trauma and Chakra drain made Kakashi pass out and forget about the Mangekyou Sharingan. Then during the timeskip he somehow regained the knowledge of it, therefore it would be new to Kakashi. Just as when Sasuke thought he first activated his Sharingan against Haku.

Platinum fan.
12th October 2012, 8:14 PM
Maybe it's the fact that there are so many chapters going on I can't remember but I don't recall Sasuke using Sharingan before the Haku fight. Was it in a flashback chapter?

DANdotW
12th October 2012, 10:38 PM
Against Orochimaru.

Crimsonlink
13th October 2012, 6:09 AM
It's not a secret. If you don't remember it, how can it be a secret? It's obvious the trauma and Chakra drain made Kakashi pass out and forget about the Mangekyou Sharingan. Then during the timeskip he somehow regained the knowledge of it, therefore it would be new to Kakashi. Just as when Sasuke thought he first activated his Sharingan against Haku.

Its obvious that Kakashi got the Mangekyou Sharingan over the time-skip.

Kamex
13th October 2012, 7:51 AM
Maybe it's the fact that there are so many chapters going on I can't remember but I don't recall Sasuke using Sharingan before the Haku fight. Was it in a flashback chapter?
I believe so. It's later revealed that Sasuke first activated the Sharingan (with one tomoe in each eye) after Itachi massacred the Uchiha clan, but he was too traumatized to remember.

Against Orochimaru.
Sasuke first fought Orochimaru in the Forest of Death during the Chuunin Exams, which happened after the Land of Waves arc and the fight with Zabuza and Haku.

Its obvious that Kakashi got the Mangekyou Sharingan over the time-skip.
Well regardless of whether Kishi is justified... even if Kakashi getting MS as a teenager with Obito is a retcon, that would still technically mean he couldn't have gotten it over the time-skip. Unless you believe he got MS both during the time-skip AND after killing Rin. Which doesn't make sense.

TsukiMirage
13th October 2012, 8:57 AM
It's not a secret. If you don't remember it, how can it be a secret? It's obvious the trauma and Chakra drain made Kakashi pass out and forget about the Mangekyou Sharingan. Then during the timeskip he somehow regained the knowledge of it, therefore it would be new to Kakashi. Just as when Sasuke thought he first activated his Sharingan against Haku. Because there's no way he couldn't have known about it. As we have seen, MS would activate the moment he's in danger, so unless he was never in danger til the time skip, it would have eventually shown itself. Even if you apply the Sasuke example, Sasuke reawoke it in his second serious fight.

Shadow Lucario
13th October 2012, 8:12 PM
Because there's no way he couldn't have known about it. As we have seen, MS would activate the moment he's in danger, so unless he was never in danger til the time skip, it would have eventually shown itself.

The Mangekyou Sharingan doesn't activate when you're in danger. That's the Sharingan. The Mangekyou Sharingan only activates when you experience great loss. Sasuke's activated AFTER his fight with Itachi and Itachi's activated his some time after Shisui's death. Since it's already active in his eye then he would have to activate it himself so even if the Mangekyou Sharingan activated in response to danger it wouldn't because it's already been shown.

Even if you apply the Sasuke example, Sasuke reawoke it in his second serious fight.

I don't know what you're trying to prove here. The Sharingan and the Mangekyou Sharingan have different ways of activation. If the Mangekyou Sharingan activated in times of danger then Sasuke would have gotten his against Deidara because he was extremely close to dying.

7 tyranitars
13th October 2012, 10:55 PM
How is it strange that Kakashis MS activated before the series started and he claimed he got it in the timeskip? As some of you might have noticed Kakashi fainted right away. He might have not even noticed he activated it until years later. It seems plausible to me. Also MS doesn't activate when in a battle it activates when losing someone close to you.

Crimsonlink
14th October 2012, 12:24 AM
How is it strange that Kakashis MS activated before the series started and he claimed he got it in the timeskip? As some of you might have noticed Kakashi fainted right away. He might have not even noticed he activated it until years later. It seems plausible to me. Also MS doesn't activate when in a battle it activates when losing someone close to you.

So I guess Sasuke's whole clan dying and him losing them doesn't count? Nor the fact that its been stated you must kill the person closest to you to unlock the MS?

PokeMaster366
14th October 2012, 12:34 AM
So I guess Sasuke's whole clan dying and him losing them doesn't count? Nor the fact that its been stated you must kill the person closest to you to unlock the MS?

Perhaps the MS is triggered by the pain of loss, and the only sure-fire way to make someone know that pain in intense volume is for them to kill whoever is closest to them.

TsukiMirage
14th October 2012, 2:14 AM
The Mangekyou Sharingan doesn't activate when you're in danger. That's the Sharingan. The Mangekyou Sharingan only activates when you experience great loss. Sasuke's activated AFTER his fight with Itachi and Itachi's activated his some time after Shisui's death. Since it's already active in his eye then he would have to activate it himself so even if the Mangekyou Sharingan activated in response to danger it wouldn't because it's already been shown.

I don't know what you're trying to prove here. The Sharingan and the Mangekyou Sharingan have different ways of activation. If the Mangekyou Sharingan activated in times of danger then Sasuke would have gotten his against Deidara because he was extremely close to dying. The MS techniques do though. Sasuke did so with Amaterasu against Kirabi, Susanoo against Ee and Danzo. Obito did so with Kamui this very chapter. We've seen that when in danger, a MS technique will activate even if the user isn't aware of their existences. All that matters is that they're in danger. For Kakashi not to know, one must presume that he never got in a dangerous situation since this fight, which would be weird.

pwnswitchclik
14th October 2012, 3:06 AM

He couldn't because he hasn't even awaken his normal sharigan, at that time.

Shadow Lucario
14th October 2012, 10:14 AM

Itachi told Sasuke that a long time ago so that he would assume that he is a villain that needs to be killed. If that was what you had to do to get the Mangekyou Sharingan then neither Sasuke or Obito would have it because they did not kill the person closest to them. And as for his clan dying, he was never really close with any of them except Itachi and MAYBE his mother.

The MS techniques do though. Sasuke did so with Amaterasu against Kirabi, Susanoo against Ee and Danzo. Obito did so with Kamui this very chapter. We've seen that when in danger, a MS technique will activate even if the user isn't aware of their existences. All that matters is that they're in danger. For Kakashi not to know, one must presume that he never got in a dangerous situation since this fight, which would be weird.

No they don't. Sasuke knew full well about the Amaterasu. He was seen using his Mangekyou Sharingan just before they fought Bee. And he involuntarily used Amaterasu when he saw Obito's Sharingan. As for Obito, he used the technique because he was still using the Mangekyou Sharingan. It was active in his eye. Since Kakashi does not remember it, he cannot activate it, and therefore cannot use Kamui.

TsukiMirage
14th October 2012, 11:30 AM
No they don't. Sasuke knew full well about the Amaterasu. He was seen using his Mangekyou Sharingan just before they fought Bee. And he involuntarily used Amaterasu when he saw Obito's Sharingan. As for Obito, he used the technique because he was still using the Mangekyou Sharingan. It was active in his eye. Since Kakashi does not remember it, he cannot activate it, and therefore cannot use Kamui. Against Kirabi was the first time Sasuke used his Amaterasu, and he needed to reflect on his feeling for his teammates to do so. One does not have to have MS already active for it to activate defensively, as shown with Sasuke's Susanoo against Ee.

Kamex
15th October 2012, 1:32 AM
One does not have to have MS already active for it to activate defensively, as shown with Sasuke's Susanoo against Ee.
Meh... unless I'm missing something, after rereading that chapter, I think that's arguable. There didn't seem to be any evidence of whether Sasuke activated Susanoo intentionally or not.

TsukiMirage
15th October 2012, 6:03 AM
Meh... unless I'm missing something, after rereading that chapter, I think that's arguable. There didn't seem to be any evidence of whether Sasuke activated Susanoo intentionally or not. Earlier chapters indicate that Sasuke had the idea about it and purposely fought to bring it out.

7 tyranitars
15th October 2012, 11:18 PM
Against Kirabi was the first time Sasuke used his Amaterasu, and he needed to reflect on his feeling for his teammates to do so. One does not have to have MS already active for it to activate defensively, as shown with Sasuke's Susanoo against Ee.

Are you sure his MS wasn't active?

TsukiMirage
16th October 2012, 1:23 AM
Are you sure his MS wasn't active? Not when he charged Ee and was caught.

Lorde
17th October 2012, 7:40 AM
I was pleasantly surprised by Obito's rampage in last week's chapter; I had no idea he could use Mokuton, although it's quite obvious that he was only able to do so because of Spiral Zetsu. But Jesus, Kishi outdid himself with all the blood and gore. It was reminiscent of Part 1 in my opinion. Anyway, I hope the flashback actually moves forward this week (we should be getting the chapter in the next few hours). I'm glad that we saw how Rin died, but things need to speed up a bit. :x

Kamex
17th October 2012, 10:31 AM
Anyway, I hope the flashback actually moves forward this week (we should be getting the chapter in the next few hours). I'm glad that we saw how Rin died, but things need to speed up a bit. :x
Well I think you got your wish. A lot more seemed to happen this chapter, and now we know the full nature of Zetsu. I personally still feel like we should have seen more of Obito's transformation between the massacre incident last chapter following Rin's death and Obito conforming to Madara and becoming his apprentice, because I feel like he jumped from being an innocent young shinobi with potential to a dangerous, up-and-coming, evil genius mastermind a little too quickly. But I guess being under Madara's brainwashing plus tutelage is enough to do it. Anyway, other than that I enjoyed this chapter.

Despite how much info/story we got, there are still several discrepancies left to be explained particularly in regards to Obito's age (hopefully they won't just be left as plot holes). But for now, I just wish I could tell what age Obito was when he awakened his MS and more importantly, what age he was at the end of the chapter when he met Nagato. Anyone know? I'm too lazy to put two and two together right now.

Platinum fan.
17th October 2012, 4:26 PM
This weeks chapter was actually very enjoyable. It didn't feel like it was dragging out and it was very informative. I'm glad Obito/Tobi didn't just flat out say he wanted world peace. He wanted a dream world to set everything right between himself, Rin and Kakashi too I guess. I was afraid the story was going to make the mistake and have Obito say he wanted world peace, because he already told Naruto that that was Nagato's dream and not his. Zetsu has been fully explained now which is great and all of Madara's dirty little secrets are coming out in a way where it's not so unbelievable, at least for not. I enjoyed this weeks chapter. Even the Rinnegan seems somewhat less cheap on how to obtain it.

gliscor&yanmega
17th October 2012, 4:37 PM
Yay Zetsu origins revealed. Now just needs to go rouge and be final villain.

In the end, Zetsu was basically the offspring of Madara and Hashirama, and they said you need a man and a women to make a baby, ha!

vodor
17th October 2012, 4:43 PM
See , My theory came true !

SharpedoX
17th October 2012, 5:15 PM
Very interesting chapter. Got so many doubts answered. Kishi is doing a fantastic job tying all these... loose-ends (is that what you call them?). Finally knowing Zetsu's purpose and his true nature was actually pretty amazing. Very interesting chapter altogether. Don't see how flashbacks are going to end (don't suppose it's going to be in the next few weeks but I'm actually excited where we're headed for). Just excited to see what kind of jutsu Madara taught Obito. Just the name seems promising.

Joltik-Kid
17th October 2012, 5:27 PM
Well this chapter confirmed that unless Sasuke somehow get's his hands on Senju Cells... he's not gonna ever awaken the Rinnegan. Unless Kishi makes a plot hole for that

Lorde
17th October 2012, 5:56 PM
I was kind of disappointed with this chapter. Don't get me wrong, things finally started moving at the end, but the beginning was kind of redundant; Kishi basically regurgitated things he wrote a few weeks ago. Also, Obito's goal was a bit of a letdown. His plan to bring peace and love into the world, even if it's just as an illusion, seems really childish.

Locormus
17th October 2012, 6:23 PM
Well this chapter confirmed that unless Sasuke somehow get's his hands on Senju Cells... he's not gonna ever awaken the Rinnegan. Unless Kishi makes a plot hole for that

I'm sure Uzumaki cells will suffice in Kishi's world.. -.-

iFi Salamander
17th October 2012, 6:47 PM
Boring chapter. Didn't really learn much new, and what Kishi did confirm I surmised weeks ago.

uber gon
17th October 2012, 7:13 PM
So Madara can make his will solid? What is he, a Green Lantern?

Banana Knight Arthur
17th October 2012, 7:42 PM
I'm sure Uzumaki cells will suffice in Kishi's world.. -.-

Surely. The many times he has injured Naruto will count towards his necessary acquisition of Senju DNA>

TsukiMirage
17th October 2012, 8:04 PM
This chapter answered quite a bit, but the answers seem lacking. Obito doing all of this for Rin is cliché, and it brings up the question as to why this whole "creating a world where the dead were alive" goal wasn't told to Sasuke, who likely would have accepted it wholeheartedly. At least we got confirmation as to why Obito knew so much about the Rikudou Sennin and that Nagato's Rinnegan was originally Madara's. It would have been nice though to get a better explanation of how or why Madara transplanted his eyes, and why he was just hiding out til Obito came along. It was also strange how Madara just decided to die right after for no reason and we gain another recon with Nagato and Akatsuki along with still no explanation on the whole Bloody Mist. Alright chapter overall.

Shneak
17th October 2012, 9:50 PM
- Dream World: the Pokemon crossover everyone's been waiting for.
- I admit, I laughed at Obito's reaction when his hand passed through Rin's neck.
- Madara is looking more like Chiyo with every passing flashback.
- Finally, Nagato.
- Madara knows Yin and Yang style too?
- So Black Zetsu is... a part of Madara. I never really made the yin-yang connection though. Same with the Hashirama-Madara / Senju-Uchiha symbolism.
- Madara just had a nap that lasted months and then he dies right after.

Kind of a boring chapter. I liked the most-recent flashback in a flashback with Obito and Zetsu finding the Ame orphans. Nice to finally find out how Black Zetsu became too.

I think this might be the last flashback chapter. I doubt Kishi will show the conversation with Nagato.
-

Lorde
17th October 2012, 10:12 PM
I'm kind of peeved that Senju DNA has yet another use (aiding in awakening the Rinnegan). I wish Kishi would just let Hashirama fade. Also, I dislike that Obito is being made out to be a savior. I thought Nagato and Naruto were already confirmed to be the children of prophecy; do we really need yet another destined ninja?

Kamex
17th October 2012, 10:21 PM
Also, I dislike that Obito is being made out to be a savior. I thought Nagato and Naruto were already confirmed to be the children of prophecy; do we really need yet another destined ninja?
No one said he was destined to be a savior. Madara just chose him to be the savior because he was an Uchiha with potential that he could bring to his side, and maybe other reasons. Plus, no one but Obito, Madara and Zetsu actually believe that he is saving the world (and this is assuming Madara isn't hiding his true intentions with the Eye of the Moon plan).

EDIT: Though I would say that it's interesting that Obito basically wants exactly what Naruto wants. The only difference is that Naruto believes he can bring peace to the world by working hard to get people to understand each other, but Obito has no hope for the world so he just wants to play pretend for the rest of his life. Obito is putting a lot of trust in Madara, since he'd be controlling the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Maybe Madara wants to create a world where the Uchiha are on top of the Senju? But then again he is against his clan now, isn't he? Maybe he wants to create a dystopian Hell where everyone he's ever hated suffers forever. Who knows. I'm interested to see his set of flashbacks whenever they come.

I think this was mentioned before, but I wonder if the goofy side of Tobi all this time was just a (perhaps fake) side of Obito's personality, or the spiral Hashirama clone taking over his body at various times. And I also how/why the spiral clone became a simple mask that Tobi wore during most of the series, if that even is the spiral clone.

Platinum fan.
18th October 2012, 2:44 PM

With Sasuke there is always a plot hole. That Senju Cell thing doesn't mean squat to the plot. I can still see Sasuke getting Rinnegan if Kishi want's him to. Or maybe his little field trip with Orochimaru is leading to Rinnegan. We'll have to see, but we shouldn't dismiss Sasuke with Rinnegan just yet.

Joltik-Kid
18th October 2012, 2:53 PM
With Sasuke there is always a plot hole. That Senju Cell thing doesn't mean squat to the plot. I can still see Sasuke getting Rinnegan if Kishi want's him to. Or maybe his little field trip with Orochimaru is leading to Rinnegan. We'll have to see, but we shouldn't dismiss Sasuke with Rinnegan just yet.
I'm not particularly dismissing the whole "Rinnegan for Sasuke" thing... but I am saying there's no logical way for him to obtain them

Platinum fan.
18th October 2012, 3:12 PM
I view the Sasuke and Rinnegan like his early Chidori days. Kakashi tells him he can only do two a day because of his chakra. Sasuke manages to do three still, his plot hole that time was the curse mark. Still we really will have to see where it goes from here.

7 tyranitars
18th October 2012, 4:51 PM
I'm kind of peeved that Senju DNA has yet another use (aiding in awakening the Rinnegan). I wish Kishi would just let Hashirama fade. Also, I dislike that Obito is being made out to be a savior. I thought Nagato and Naruto were already confirmed to be the children of prophecy; do we really need yet another destined ninja?

Well it does make sense.

As the rinnegan used to belong to the rikodu sensei, and the senju and the uchiha are decendants of him.

Joltik-Kid
18th October 2012, 5:46 PM
I view the Sasuke and Rinnegan like his early Chidori days. Kakashi tells him he can only do two a day because of his chakra. Sasuke manages to do three still, his plot hole that time was the curse mark. Still we really will have to see where it goes from here.
Curse Seal made sense... out of nowhere doesn't XD

Lorde
18th October 2012, 7:28 PM

I can actually see Kishi doing this since Sasuke is his favorite character. :@

And I'm starting to think that Obito really is following orders. I thought he was going to betray Madara, but from I gathered in this chapter, the plan was for Nagato to revive Madara when all the bijuu were caught. But since Nagato died before that point, Madara couldn't be revived, which explains Obito's irritation and comment about the Rinne Tensei shortly after the Pain arc. I bet he planned to revive Madara himself with Nagato's Rinnegan, but Kabuto beat him to it with Edo Tensei, which messed things up for Obito.

Shadow Lucario
18th October 2012, 10:06 PM
Seems like the flashbacks will be over soon. Either next chapter or the one after. Then back to the action.

WinterStarlight
19th October 2012, 3:13 AM
So Kakashi killed Rin. Because she died, Obito decided to agree on the Dream World plan proposed by Madara. If I'm following this correctly, then it's technically Kakashi's fault that Obito did all the things he did, right?

SolidWolverine
19th October 2012, 5:39 AM
So Kakashi killed Rin. Because she died, Obito decided to agree on the Dream World plan proposed by Madara. If I'm following this correctly, then it's technically Kakashi's fault that Obito did all the things he did, right?

Somewhat I believe. But for the most part its not just what Kakashi did, but the corrupt world that ultimately forced him to do such a thing.
At the end of the chapter he said he that he was indifferent to Kakashi dying because he planned to see him in the dream world regardless, so I guess he doesn't completely blame him.

Shneak
19th October 2012, 9:51 PM
I was re-reading the Invasion of Pain arc, and before Kakashi dies, he has a flashback and says something like "I broke my promise. I couldn't keep Rin safe." That got a hell of a lot creepier.

Lorde
21st October 2012, 6:53 AM
I was re-reading the Invasion of Pain arc, and before Kakashi dies, he has a flashback and says something like "I broke my promise. I couldn't keep Rin safe." That got a hell of a lot creepier.

I feel so bad for Kakashi, though. I mean just look at his life. His mother died when he was young, then his dad committed suicide because he failed his mission. Then his friend got "crushed to death" by a boulder, leaving him with the responsibility of looking after Rin, which was obviously too much for him. Then his teacher died when his not-so-dead friend set the Kyuubi loose on Konohagakure. 12 years later, one of his students pulls an Orochimaru and defects from the village to seek power. About 2 years after that, one of his close friends (Asuma) dies and his favorite writer (Jiraiya) bites the dust too, and Kakashi suffered the same fate at the hands of Pain. And now Tobi's true identity has been revealed. Kakashi has had a hard life.

Shneak
21st October 2012, 9:21 PM
Kakashi must be incredibly optimistic. It gets better. It has to get better.

LizardonX
21st October 2012, 10:44 PM

What I'm thinking. Maybe he thinks if his protegee sasuke can be good its all worth it.

SolidWolverine
22nd October 2012, 2:31 AM

I think naruto helps his optimism a lot. When you look at it, he has a student who is one of the most powerful rising ninjas in the world; the same student who was prophesied to save the world. I think mentoring the saviour of the ninja world is a big accomplishment (:

Shneak
22nd October 2012, 10:03 PM
I think naruto helps his optimism a lot. When you look at it, he has a student who is one of the most powerful rising ninjas in the world; the same student who was prophesied to save the world. I think mentoring the saviour of the ninja world is a big accomplishment (:

Must be. If he can mentor one person right, it's all okay. (Sakura isn't really relevant.) Ironically, Kakashi is like the only person alive who considers Naruto a saviour. Jiraiya, Kushina, Minato, Konan and Nagato are all dead.

Lorde
24th October 2012, 7:20 AM
I didn't like how the last part of the Obito flashback was handled. The parts with the Ame orphans were redundant since we didn't see how Obito convinced Nagato to join his cause. Also, I wanted Obito to hold an open grudge against Minato, but he just didn't seem to care enough to really hate him, which I found strange. I only liked that Obito went to visit Rin's grave. Anyway, it looks like Obito won't be the final villain now that he wants to settle the score with Kakashi. I doubt Kakashi would lose here, given what's at stake.

Kamex
24th October 2012, 7:51 AM
Well I think it's good that Obito seems to have lost all concern for everything and everyone in the world as things currently are. It makes it more believable that Obito can actually become as cold and tenaciously obsessed with his goal as Tobi is. Not to mention, if he still held emotions and grudges toward his former colleagues and friends, then he may have shown them at some point, but instead he decided to forgo his previous life/identity so he could finish his life as the identity-less villain Tobi with no purpose other than the Eye of the Moon plan.

At this point, it seems like we may not get an explanation for Obito's age when he summoned the Kyuubi. If I'm not mistaken, he's supposed to be like 14-15 years old ish. I guess an argument can be made for Kakashi looking like he could be around that age during the flashback, but I think even in the anime he had his older "Tobi" voice. I guess that's because the animation team didn't know he'd be younger, but it's still pretty crazy that Obito changed so much personality-wise and skill-wise so quickly. Oh well, I guess it's not as bad a stretch as I first thought.

I'd personally like to see more of Obito's past, such as his later dealings with Nagato (and even Pain) as the current-day Akatsuki is formed, his meeting with Itachi, and of course the history of the Bloody Mist. But maybe we'll get that stuff later.

DucksGoMooful
24th October 2012, 1:18 PM
I'd like to know how he got control of the Kyuubi. That takes a lot of skill, iirc.

Joltik-Kid
24th October 2012, 5:48 PM
So he goes through all this back story plot... finally gets to some action... And the chapter takes a break next week? Unbelievable :<

Platinum fan.
24th October 2012, 6:02 PM
I'm curious to see what happens after Tobi and Madara are defeated. Obviously there is still Sasuke to deal with, which to be honest I'm surprised that Tobi will probably be dealt with before the Sasuke fight, but I guess we'll see. The end of this weeks chapter kinda made Obito feel like a jealous boyfriend to me when he faces Kakashi. This will surely be Kakashi greatest battle right? Well it should be. As far as Madara goes, he still broken as anything. I wonder if the Gokage have died yet? They kinda left them hanging didn't they?

TsukiMirage
24th October 2012, 6:55 PM
Flashbacks still seem lacking, especially about Obito's reasoning for doing what he did. Wanting revenge or whatever on Minato is pretty weird when he was perfectly willing to ignore Kakashi's involvement. And we still don't have any sort of explanation for the Bloody Mist or his side of the massacre. Still, Yahiko was boss, seeing right through him. And Madara shows us how Hashirama handled the Kyuubi in the past. So it was an alright chapter.

Lorde
24th October 2012, 7:40 PM
I'd like to know how he got control of the Kyuubi. That takes a lot of skill, iirc.

Well he learned from Madara. Still, I don't think it takes that much skill to control it; Sasuke was able to repress its power with his normal Sharingan, so I think anyone with the Mangekyo Sharingan can do it once they've learned how.

Shadow Lucario
24th October 2012, 8:39 PM
I'm curious to see what happens after Tobi and Madara are defeated. Obviously there is still Sasuke to deal with, which to be honest I'm surprised that Tobi will probably be dealt with before the Sasuke fight, but I guess we'll see. The end of this weeks chapter kinda made Obito feel like a jealous boyfriend to me when he faces Kakashi. This will surely be Kakashi greatest battle right? Well it should be. As far as Madara goes, he still broken as anything. I wonder if the Gokage have died yet? They kinda left them hanging didn't they?

Kishimoto said that if Naruto and Sasuke have another fight it would be the last of the series. There's a lot of people that were left hanging. Anyone remember an ANBU by the name of Tenzo?

Kamex
24th October 2012, 8:54 PM
I'm curious to see what happens after Tobi and Madara are defeated. Obviously there is still Sasuke to deal with, which to be honest I'm surprised that Tobi will probably be dealt with before the Sasuke fight, but I guess we'll see.
It's interesting to note that Madara probably isn't even aware of Sasuke's existence... I don't know if that fact will have any consequence on the plot though.

Still, Yahiko was boss, seeing right through him.
Yeah that was pretty cool. Nagato may have been more powerful than him, but I can see why Yahiko was the original leader of Akatsuki.

Shneak
24th October 2012, 9:45 PM
- Of course Konan doesn't get a speaking role.
- Kakashi still looks young in the grave scene. Hard to believe Obito is in the cloak and mask when he's practically the same height and age. (And not in the Zetsu suit, since he has hair.)
- And, y'know, fighting Minato.
- Whoa, suddenly done flashbacks. Cool transition.
- Is that dragon made of wood?
- NO. A BREAK. Japan seems to have next week off.

Okay chapter. The flashbacks were kind of unnecessary because it didn't add any new plot points beyond what we had. I guess it was to see the scenes in Obito's perspective. I'm glad that we're back to reality and I'm interested to see the two battles now.

BJPalmer85
24th October 2012, 9:51 PM
So he goes through all this back story plot... finally gets to some action... And the chapter takes a break next week? Unbelievable :<

+1 to that.

DucksGoMooful
24th October 2012, 10:36 PM

At least it wasn't right after revealing Tobi to be Obito, or partway through the flashback. We can be happy with that.

uber gon
25th October 2012, 12:35 AM
You know, that wood dragon makes me think of Stardust Dragon. Naruto is screwed.

Lorde
25th October 2012, 12:41 AM
Kishi needs to stop with the Mokuton techniques to be honest; a wood dragon was the last thing we needed right now. But just watch. I bet it'll transform into another mythical creature by the end of the next chapter. I figure that it's Hashirama's version of Susano'o (i.e. another broken technique that we don't need to see).

Crimsonlink
25th October 2012, 1:41 AM
So how the hell did Gai end up all bloody and stuff? As for the chapter, except for the action it was rather poor.

Joltik-Kid
25th October 2012, 4:23 AM
So how the hell did Gai end up all bloody and stuff? As for the chapter, except for the action it was rather poor.
I was questioning that... maybe it's just Kakashi vs Obito and Guy is helping Naruto and Bee

7 tyranitars
25th October 2012, 3:54 PM
Kishi needs to stop with the Mokuton techniques to be honest; a wood dragon was the last thing we needed right now. But just watch. I bet it'll transform into another mythical creature by the end of the next chapter. I figure that it's Hashirama's version of Susano'o (i.e. another broken technique that we don't need to see).

I think it is more about showing Naruto's power as a Jinchuriki. He bit the Wood Dragon at the end of the chapter remember.

SkyDeity
25th October 2012, 4:48 PM
There is no doubt in my mind Kishi wanted to explain more about Obito's actions as Tobi such as his meetings with Kisame and Itachi and more business with the Akatsuki but...we"ll probably get that later. I'm kinda happy to see things go back to the main fight, though.

Lorde
25th October 2012, 7:19 PM
I think it is more about showing Naruto's power as a Jinchuriki. He bit the Wood Dragon at the end of the chapter remember.

I have a feeling Naruto will lose this battle.

There is no doubt in my mind Kishi wanted to explain more about Obito's actions as Tobi such as his meetings with Kisame and Itachi and more business with the Akatsuki but...we"ll probably get that later. I'm kinda happy to see things go back to the main fight, though.

This fight seems to be dragging on and on in my opinion. Even without the flashback chapters, it took a while for Naruto, Bee, Kakashi and Guy to find a way to break Obito's mask. Now that Madara is involved, it seems like we're in for at least another month of fighting, then some more flashbacks when/if Obito dies.

SolidWolverine
25th October 2012, 8:47 PM
It'll be very interesting to see what sasuke will do once he arrives on the scene(which I believe is inevitable). I remember suigetsu finding those scrolls and saying how they would "change the tide of the battle"(paraphrased). I believe that by some strange twist-of-fate sasuke will end up teaming with naruto to take down tobi and madara, after all, he did help itachi defeat kabuto who was obito's main support in this war with the reincarnation jutsu, so obviously he's not on obito's side anymore.Even though he still might want to destroy the leaf village, I'm sure sasuke might have a bone to pick with the Moons Eye Plan(hes an avenger with a mean streak, but I don't think he would go as far as to support obito's plan).

Lets also not forget that OROCHIMARU is back on the scene. That evil genius is definitely going to have a hand in this. And don't forget orochimaru is like public enemy #1 of the akatsuki. He's definitley not going to sit back and enjoy the show as Obito subjects the entire world into a genjutsu.....I think orochimaru has had enough of being trapped in a jutsu for eternity, if ya know what I mean...

BJPalmer85
26th October 2012, 3:16 PM
It'll be very interesting to see what sasuke will do once he arrives on the scene(which I believe is inevitable). I remember suigetsu finding those scrolls and saying how they would "change the tide of the battle"(paraphrased). I believe that by some strange twist-of-fate sasuke will end up teaming with naruto to take down tobi and madara, after all, he did help itachi defeat kabuto who was obito's main support in this war with the reincarnation jutsu, so obviously he's not on obito's side anymore.Even though he still might want to destroy the leaf village, I'm sure sasuke might have a bone to pick with the Moons Eye Plan(hes an avenger with a mean streak, but I don't think he would go as far as to support obito's plan).

Lets also not forget that OROCHIMARU is back on the scene. That evil genius is definitely going to have a hand in this. And don't forget orochimaru is like public enemy #1 of the akatsuki. He's definitley not going to sit back and enjoy the show as Obito subjects the entire world into a genjutsu.....I think orochimaru has had enough of being trapped in a jutsu for eternity, if ya know what I mean...

Completely agree! I expect Orochimaru to have a hand in the down fall of Obito.

B

SkyDeity
26th October 2012, 5:06 PM
This fight seems to be dragging on and on in my opinion. Even without the flashback chapters, it took a while for Naruto, Bee, Kakashi and Guy to find a way to break Obito's mask. Now that Madara is involved, it seems like we're in for at least another month of fighting, then some more flashbacks when/if Obito dies.

The fight is kinda dragging on, I'll admit but I guess Kishi is showing us just how powerful Obito and Madara are...albeit there is some crazy hax in Madara's favor with him being immortal and having infinite chakra...

Lorde
26th October 2012, 7:59 PM

I'm all for Orochimaru being the final villain. But something tells me he won't do much when it comes to Obito and Madara; there's even a chance he may turn "good" or close to it.

The fight is kinda dragging on, I'll admit but I guess Kishi is showing us just how powerful Obito and Madara are...albeit there is some crazy hax in Madara's favor with him being immortal and having infinite chakra...

I wonder if Madara can be sealed away. I keep picturing Sasuke appearing and using Itachi's Sword of Totsuka to finish Madara.

Shneak
26th October 2012, 9:41 PM
Due to the power creep, I feel like the final villain has to be Obito/Madara/Sasuke. Throwing Orochimaru into the fray, especially after Kabuto, would be a weak finale.

Platinum fan.
26th October 2012, 11:03 PM
Orochimaru being the final villain... well I've complained enough about Orochimaru's cheap revival, but honestly I won't like. For me Orochimaru is lame compared to the past villains that have surfaced since his death like Pain/Nagato, Danzo, Tobi/Obito, Itachi, even Kabuto surpassed him. He'll have to get some insane upgrade to even keep up with the current big name shinobi because at this point I would call serious BS if he is on the same level as current Naruto and Sasuke. Honestly I hope once his field trip with Sasuke is done, I want Sasuke to just kills him again, and Naruto, Kakashi, Tsunade, or anybody else never even find out that Orochimaru was back alive again. The world has moved on from Orochimaru. I mean how can he even top the cheapness of Madara? Hmm, guess I'm not done complaining about Orochimaru's cheap revival after all.

LizardonX
27th October 2012, 12:15 AM
Orochimaru is back? Lol Naruto is turning into dragonball Z with the no one can die thing.

SolidWolverine
27th October 2012, 5:08 AM
I'm all for Orochimaru being the final villain. But something tells me he won't do much when it comes to Obito and Madara; there's even a chance he may turn "good" or close to it.

I wonder if Madara can be sealed away. I keep picturing Sasuke appearing and using Itachi's Sword of Totsuka to finish Madara.

Yeah I think Madara can be sealed, and I think orochimaru is gonna be the one one to do it, or that he's at least gonna be the one to stop his reanimation. Because the reanimation jutsu does belong to orochimaru originally, so I'm 100% sure he knows how to stop it. He might be the most evil character in the series, but I'm sure he doesn't want to be trapped in the Moon's Eye Plan, so he might stop the jutsu if he has to.

Completely agree! I expect Orochimaru to have a hand in the down fall of Obito.

B

Exactly! With orochimaru lurking around something is definitely going to happen. It's inevitable that he's gonna do something eventually, can't wait to see what it is (:

Shadow Lucario
27th October 2012, 7:55 AM
Orochimaru being the final villain... well I've complained enough about Orochimaru's cheap revival, but honestly I won't like. For me Orochimaru is lame compared to the past villains that have surfaced since his death like Pain/Nagato, Danzo, Tobi/Obito, Itachi, even Kabuto surpassed him. He'll have to get some insane upgrade to even keep up with the current big name shinobi because at this point I would call serious BS if he is on the same level as current Naruto and Sasuke. Honestly I hope once his field trip with Sasuke is done, I want Sasuke to just kills him again, and Naruto, Kakashi, Tsunade, or anybody else never even find out that Orochimaru was back alive again. The world has moved on from Orochimaru. I mean how can he even top the cheapness of Madara? Hmm, guess I'm not done complaining about Orochimaru's cheap revival after all.

Well if we are to assume that Jiraiya and Orochimaru are pretty even in power then it wouldn't be a stretch for Orochimaru to keep up with them. Itachi said that if he fought Jiraiya they would both die and Sasuke never beat Itachi. Therefore we can come to the conclusion that Orochimaru is pretty strong himself.

Yeah I think Madara can be sealed, and I think orochimaru is gonna be the one one to do it, or that he's at least gonna be the one to stop his reanimation. Because the reanimation jutsu does belong to orochimaru originally, so I'm 100% sure he knows how to stop it. He might be the most evil character in the series, but I'm sure he doesn't want to be trapped in the Moon's Eye Plan, so he might stop the jutsu if he has to.

Edo Tensei is Tobirama's Jutsu. And Madara is no longer apart of it. The Jutsu has ended.

SolidWolverine
27th October 2012, 8:10 AM
Edo Tensei is Tobirama's Jutsu. And Madara is no longer apart of it. The Jutsu has ended.

Thank you for the correction, my memory seems to have fooled me.
Regardless; the jutsu has not ended, rather, madara has taken direct control of it. If it had ended then so would madara. He is merely manipulating it to keep himself alive. If someone were to completely end the jutsu(which orochimaru is most likely capable of) then madara would perish just like the rest of the reincarnated warriors.

Shadow Lucario
27th October 2012, 8:42 AM
Regardless; the jutsu has not ended, rather, madara has taken direct control of it. If it had ended then so would madara. He is merely manipulating it to keep himself alive. If someone were to completely end the jutsu(which orochimaru is most likely capable of) then madara would perish just like the rest of the reincarnated warriors.

The Jutsu is over. That's why all of the other zombies disappeared. Madara broke off from the Jutsu and is no longer influenced by it.

Lorde
27th October 2012, 8:51 AM

I also think he's still technically an Edo Tensei zombie because those cracks on his body are still there, and we've seen them on all the Edo Tensei'd ninja. He didn't have them right after he escaped the jutsu, but I'm going to assume that Kishi wasn't paying attention to detail. In any case, the Edo Tensei cracks are visible at the moment, so I'll just go with it. Also, let's not forget that he still retains a limitless supply of chakra as noted here (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning:_Impure_World_Reincarnation), which is another characteristic of Edo Tensei zombies.

Platinum fan.
27th October 2012, 3:21 PM
Well if we are to assume that Jiraiya and Orochimaru are pretty even in power then it wouldn't be a stretch for Orochimaru to keep up with them. Itachi said that if he fought Jiraiya they would both die and Sasuke never beat Itachi. Therefore we can come to the conclusion that Orochimaru is pretty strong himself.

True, but at the end of part one Jiraiya told Naruto there are enemies stronger then Orochimaru, which was one of the reasons he wanted to train Naruto during the time skip. It's already been confirmed that Orochimaru is not strong enough to beat Itachi. He himself said it and it's even been shown and Sasuke's sharingan was able to overcome Orochimaru's body absorbtion jutsu.

I'm not saying Orochimaru is weak. He was awesome in part 1 and even at the start of part 2 he managed to hang with four-tailed Naruto. I'm saying during his hiatus several other villains have appeared and have been more impressive and shown more powerful moves then his usual stuff. I would not rank Orochimaru in the same league as someone like Madara, Sasuke, Itachi, Nagato/Pain, or Obito/Tobi. And I don't consider him a huge threat to Naruto or even Killer Bee. Again Orochimaru is by no means a weakling but I just have a hard time viewing him as a threat to the main players of today which is why I expect him to get a upgrade. Heck, I thought that was the whole point of Kabutomaru. To be a more advanced version of Orochimaru.

Shadow Lucario
27th October 2012, 10:16 PM
True, but at the end of part one Jiraiya told Naruto there are enemies stronger then Orochimaru, which was one of the reasons he wanted to train Naruto during the time skip. It's already been confirmed that Orochimaru is not strong enough to beat Itachi. He himself said it and it's even been shown and Sasuke's sharingan was able to overcome Orochimaru's body absorbtion jutsu.

I'm not saying Orochimaru is weak. He was awesome in part 1 and even at the start of part 2 he managed to hang with four-tailed Naruto. I'm saying during his hiatus several other villains have appeared and have been more impressive and shown more powerful moves then his usual stuff. I would not rank Orochimaru in the same league as someone like Madara, Sasuke, Itachi, Nagato/Pain, or Obito/Tobi. And I don't consider him a huge threat to Naruto or even Killer Bee. Again Orochimaru is by no means a weakling but I just have a hard time viewing him as a threat to the main players of today which is why I expect him to get a upgrade. Heck, I thought that was the whole point of Kabutomaru. To be a more advanced version of Orochimaru.

Of course! Orochimaru would end up losing in the long run, but I think he would do pretty well. Especially since I'm sure we haven't seen a third of the Jutsu he knows.

Platinum fan.
27th October 2012, 10:31 PM
Of course! Orochimaru would end up losing in the long run, but I think he would do pretty well. Especially since I'm sure we haven't seen a third of the Jutsu he knows.

If Orochimaru has all these great jutsu up his sleeve why didn't he use it against Itachi? Why did he need Naruto to weed out the akatsuki? I can understand losing to Sasuke because he wasn't 100% but even if he's 100% now what can he do that could beat Sasuke? Seal him? When in doubt, seal your enemy. I just don't take Orochimaru as seriously as the other villains I named and he is going to need a upgrade for me to actually believe that he can hang with Naruto and Sasuke. I can actually see Kishi watering down Naruto, Killer Bee, and even Sasuke, so Orochimaru can still feel like a threat. I seriously hope Sasuke kills him after he gets what he wants from Orochimaru. I'm fine with Tobi, Madara, and Sasuke being the final villains. Unless Orochimaru somehow manages to steal Madara's body, then I'd consider him the strongest ever.

Shadow Lucario
27th October 2012, 10:34 PM
If Orochimaru has all these great jutsu up his sleeve why didn't he use it against Itachi? Why did he need Naruto to weed out the akatsuki? I can understand losing to Sasuke because he wasn't 100% but even if he's 100% now what can he do that could beat Sasuke? Seal him? When in doubt, seal your enemy. I just don't take Orochimaru as seriously as the other villains I named and he is going to need a upgrade for me to actually believe that he can hang with Naruto and Sasuke. I can actually see Kishi watering down Naruto, Killer Bee, and even Sasuke, so Orochimaru can still feel like a threat. I seriously hope Sasuke kills him after he gets what he wants from Orochimaru. I'm fine with Tobi, Madara, and Sasuke being the final villains. Unless Orochimaru somehow manages to steal Madara's body, then I'd consider him the strongest ever.

If Sasuke killed Orochimaru again then I would like for it to be in one shot, kind of like Nappa and Vegeta in GT. Another fight between them would feel redundant.

SolidWolverine
27th October 2012, 10:42 PM
I also think he's still technically an Edo Tensei zombie because those cracks on his body are still there, and we've seen them on all the Edo Tensei'd ninja. He didn't have them right after he escaped the jutsu, but I'm going to assume that Kishi wasn't paying attention to detail. In any case, the Edo Tensei cracks are visible at the moment, so I'll just go with it. Also, let's not forget that he still retains a limitless supply of chakra as noted here (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning:_Impure_World_Reincarnation), which is another characteristic of Edo Tensei zombies.

Thanks! My point exactly.

The Jutsu is over. That's why all of the other zombies disappeared. Madara broke off from the Jutsu and is no longer influenced by it.

Honestly I'm not interested in a debate. This wasn't just some opinionated view on my part. I'm speaking from exact quotes from the chapters themselves. I recently re-read the chapter and madara's exact quote is "..as long as you know the seal, you can release edo tensei's summoning contract", as in the contract that gives you permission to summon an object or to release the summoning. With madara now in complete control of the summoning contract no third-party can release the edo tensei summoning.

Also, the marks of an edo tensei summoning are still prevalent upon madara; as can be seen currently while he is at obito's side fighting naruto. They are also clearly visible in chapter 601, which is many chapters after he took control of the contract.

Again, not trying to debate, and no offense. These are just facts that can be seen in the chapters themselves.

Platinum fan.
27th October 2012, 10:51 PM
If Sasuke killed Orochimaru again then I would like for it to be in one shot, kind of like Nappa and Vegeta in GT. Another fight between them would feel redundant.

Good point. Sasuke has battled both Orochimaru and Kabuto so there really is not much Orochimaru can do to surprise Sasuke. I hope Orochimaru does not get the Sharingan. It would be too cliche, "Oh the villain gets the power up he always wanted and now the heroes can't beat him. We're doomed! All is lost until we pull a massive plot-no-jutsu to overcome it" Orochimaru should remain the villain who wants the power up he never gets. Ugh I wish Orochimaru stayed dead!

TsukiMirage
27th October 2012, 11:22 PM
Well if we are to assume that Jiraiya and Orochimaru are pretty even in power then it wouldn't be a stretch for Orochimaru to keep up with them. Itachi said that if he fought Jiraiya they would both die and Sasuke never beat Itachi. Therefore we can come to the conclusion that Orochimaru is pretty strong himself. Itachi had reason to lie though. Because no matter how strong Jiraiya was, there's little he could have done against MS, much less Itachi+Kisame+the rest of Akatsuki. And Sasuke came close, which was the point of their battle, for Itachi to see whether Sasuke was strong enough to take his place as Konoha's protector.

Charminions
28th October 2012, 1:38 AM
Power wise, Orochimaru will never stand a chance, but that was never his best perk anyway. I can see him pulling some crazy hidden seals or something an "evil genius"-type character would do to stirr up what's going on.

Lorde
28th October 2012, 2:56 AM
I don't really care about the Sannin anymore. They were overhyped to the extreme; I still remember thinking that they got their title after beating some really powerful enemy, but it turned out that they just tied with Hanzo (aka, the ninja who was also overhyped but ended up being a complete joke). I no longer trust the databook stats, so I have no idea how the Sannin rank in terms of strength, but I figured that they would all die before Part 2 ended.

SolidWolverine
28th October 2012, 4:17 AM
Power wise, Orochimaru will never stand a chance, but that was never his best perk anyway. I can see him pulling some crazy hidden seals or something an "evil genius"-type character would do to stirr up what's going on.

Yeah me too. Even though he's powerful he's the type of guy to troll people with his countless jutsu, and he likes to play dirty. I can see him doing something devious out of left-field, something that no one would see coming.

Shneak
28th October 2012, 5:22 AM
He still has that plot armour secret scroll in his arsenal. Orochimaru's role is to interfere in the war but not actually fight.

Shadow Lucario
28th October 2012, 1:36 PM
Itachi had reason to lie though. Because no matter how strong Jiraiya was, there's little he could have done against MS, much less Itachi+Kisame+the rest of Akatsuki. And Sasuke came close, which was the point of their battle, for Itachi to see whether Sasuke was strong enough to take his place as Konoha's protector.

I highly doubt Itachi would lie to Kisame. Unlike most partners in the Akatsuki, they actually liked each other and I'm pretty sure Itachi wouldn't lie about his strength. That was the one thing he was blunt about.

Lorde
28th October 2012, 7:45 PM
I highly doubt Itachi would lie to Kisame. Unlike most partners in the Akatsuki, they actually liked each other and I'm pretty sure Itachi wouldn't lie about his strength. That was the one thing he was blunt about.

But they disliked each other when they met, which makes me think that despite how they acted toward each other later on, they still didn't really like each other. Itachi might have lied to Kisame about his strength which makes sense since he wanted to protect the village and wouldn't have wanted to kill Jiraiya, who was Konoha's greatest intel source.

TsukiMirage
28th October 2012, 10:19 PM
I highly doubt Itachi would lie to Kisame. Unlike most partners in the Akatsuki, they actually liked each other and I'm pretty sure Itachi wouldn't lie about his strength. That was the one thing he was blunt about. But Itachi was lying to Kisame the whole time. His entire time in Akatsuki was a lie, all so he could keep an eye on Tobi and protect Konoha. And Itachi showed he wasn't even using his full strength back then. Not seeing Jiraiya's answer to Itachi's regular genjutsu, much less MS.

Platinum fan.
28th October 2012, 10:23 PM
I always thought Itachi and Kisame liked each other. Kisame at least respected Itachi as a great warrior and other then their first meeting when being paired together, they have never had problems, unlike Deidara-Sasori/Tobi, and Hidan-Kakuzu. If Pain and Konan were paired together I could say they were the strongest bonds of the Akatsuki for obvious reasons. But I thought Itachi and Kisame got along just fine. They weren't BFF's but compared to the other Akatsuki teams you might as well say so.

Kamex
29th October 2012, 5:15 AM
I'm sure Itachi and Kisame had respect for each other and got along alright. But Itachi definitely had much bigger goals and interests and priorities than keeping Kisame's friendship.

I've been under the impression the only real purpose of Orochimaru's return is as a means to an ends for Sasuke in his transformation of power/personality. He'll end up getting something or having a change of heart. But I'll be surprised if there'll be any more glory for Orochimaru... at least I hope not. Although, the Orochimaru stealing Madara's idea is slightly intriguing (but highly unlikely in my opinion).

7 tyranitars
29th October 2012, 10:13 PM
I always thought Itachi and Kisame liked each other. Kisame at least respected Itachi as a great warrior and other then their first meeting when being paired together, they have never had problems, unlike Deidara-Sasori/Tobi, and Hidan-Kakuzu. If Pain and Konan were paired together I could say they were the strongest bonds of the Akatsuki for obvious reasons. But I thought Itachi and Kisame got along just fine. They weren't BFF's but compared to the other Akatsuki teams you might as well say so.

I would say the respected eachother in such a way they managed to get along okay.

Lorde
29th October 2012, 11:26 PM
I would say the respected eachother in such a way they managed to get along okay.

It's sad to say, but that seems to be all Itachi and Kisame had in common; they respected each other. Only Nagato and Konan cared about each other's well being; all the other Akatsuki pairs were either respectful towards each other but not really close (Itachi and Kisame), annoyed by each other (Sasori and Deidara and then the latter and Tobi), or just plain hostile (Kakuzu and Hidan). Zetsu didn't have a partner apparently, so he doesn't really fit anywhere.

LizardonX
30th October 2012, 6:19 AM
It's sad to say, but that seems to be all Itachi and Kisame had in common; they respected each other. Only Nagato and Konan cared about each other's well being; all the other Akatsuki pairs were either respectful towards each other but not really close (Itachi and Kisame), annoyed by each other (Sasori and Deidara and then the latter and Tobi), or just plain hostile (Kakuzu and Hidan). Zetsu didn't have a partner apparently, so he doesn't really fit anywhere.

Zetsu's the sort of person who plays with himself.

Shadow Lucario
30th October 2012, 12:30 PM

They talked about their feelings. And took walks in the park.

PokeMaster366
30th October 2012, 1:00 PM
Zetsu's the sort of person who plays with himself.

People do weird things when they are all by themselves. Zetsu does look like a pretty lonely person, too.

adu98
30th October 2012, 1:22 PM

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

The Akatsuki didnt need to like each other. Sasori and Deidara sort of debated more than argue, and had different styles, but they got the job done. They took down Gaara without wiping a sweat.
Kisame and Itachi worked really well together because they weren't the type to show off on who was stronger, especially Itachi. Kisame was originally, but stopped after realizing how strong Itachi was. Kisame cared for Itachi a little as well, as he (and Sasuke of course) were the only ones to be upset over Itachi's death. Nagato and Zetsu were sad as well, but only because they thought of Itachi as a powerful Akatsukian Weapon, but Kisame was pretty down about Itachi's death since they were comrades.
Hidan and Kakuzu... hated each other, and worked badly together... stupid Nagato.
Zetsu WAS two people. The dark side of him represented a more synical, pessimistic side, the other was the opposite which meant that whatever they/he/it did, it was the 'best of both worlds'.

Shadow Lucario
30th October 2012, 8:42 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

The Akatsuki didnt need to like each other. Sasori and Deidara sort of debated more than argue, and had different styles, but they got the job done. They took down Gaara without wiping a sweat.
Kisame and Itachi worked really well together because they weren't the type to show off on who was stronger, especially Itachi. Kisame was originally, but stopped after realizing how strong Itachi was. Kisame cared for Itachi a little as well, as he (and Sasuke of course) were the only ones to be upset over Itachi's death. Nagato and Zetsu were sad as well, but only because they thought of Itachi as a powerful Akatsukian Weapon, but Kisame was pretty down about Itachi's death since they were comrades.
Hidan and Kakuzu... hated each other, and worked badly together... stupid Nagato.
Zetsu WAS two people. The dark side of him represented a more synical, pessimistic side, the other was the opposite which meant that whatever they/he/it did, it was the 'best of both worlds'.

There are no spoilers in there...I hope you were being sarcastic. And it was Deidara that took Gaara out. Sasori didn't do anything.

electivire165
1st November 2012, 2:31 PM
Can anyone see the death of Might Guy coming? I'm leaning towards Guy jumping in front of a Kamui or something to save Kakashi.

Lorde
1st November 2012, 6:58 PM
Can anyone see the death of Might Guy coming? I'm leaning towards Guy jumping in front of a Kamui or something to save Kakashi.

I hope he does; he just annoys the heck out of me these days. I yearn for Part 1 Might Guy, back when he wasn't such a try-hard. Anyway, I think Kishi should've shown how he got injured, but it seems that all the minor character battles are being skipped over in favor of main character battles. Nothing new really, but Kishi better make the next battle interesting.

Joltik-Kid
1st November 2012, 7:47 PM
You know what I just realized... the Rookie 11 are sure taking their sweet time to get to Naruto's location. I wouldn't be all that surprised if the threat get's neutralized before they get there

TsukiMirage
1st November 2012, 8:25 PM
You know what I just realized... the Rookie 11 are sure taking their sweet time to get to Naruto's location. I wouldn't be all that surprised if the threat get's neutralized before they get there Really hilarious since they left before Kakashi, Gai, and Madara. I'm sure they arrive just as things get desperate, and provide motivation for Naruto to draw upon the power of friendship and win.

Shneak
1st November 2012, 11:09 PM
The ASF is taking forever so they don't need to be focused on. I'm sure they'll show up eventually. I can see Madara killing quite a few of them just to piss Naruto off. It might make Kurama easier to release.

Kamex
2nd November 2012, 7:33 AM
The ASF is taking forever so they don't need to be focused on. I'm sure they'll show up eventually. I can see Madara killing quite a few of them just to piss Naruto off. It might make Kurama easier to release.
What do you mean by that... I thought Kurama already willingly provided all of its chakra to Naruto. Unless you mean easier for Madara to capture.

Shneak
2nd November 2012, 10:09 PM
What do you mean by that... I thought Kurama already willingly provided all of its chakra to Naruto. Unless you mean easier for Madara to capture.

Yep, easier for Madara to capture. I don't think Naruto can fully restrain his anger, and it might accidentally let Kurama loose.

Joltik-Kid
3rd November 2012, 2:02 AM
Really hilarious since they left before Kakashi, Gai, and Madara. I'm sure they arrive just as things get desperate, and provide motivation for Naruto to draw upon the power of friendship and win.
Power of Friendship... oh gawd Japanese writing is getting too predictable XD

Lorde
3rd November 2012, 3:10 AM
Yep, easier for Madara to capture. I don't think Naruto can fully restrain his anger, and it might accidentally let Kurama loose.

That would put Naruto back at square one; it just wouldn't be right after all the progress that he made recently. Even Kishi wouldn't troll us that hard.

Kamex
3rd November 2012, 9:02 AM
That would put Naruto back at square one; it just wouldn't be right after all the progress that he made recently. Even Kishi wouldn't troll us that hard.
But there's no other way to have Madara (or Obito? ...OR SASUKE?? nah) become the second jinchuuriki of the Juubi, not that it's necessary for a climactic ending... but I don't think having Naruto eventually part ways with the Kyuubi is the worst thing that could happen. In fact it kind of makes sense on some level. It's almost heartwarming that he probably DOESN'T want to give up Kurama after finally building this friendship.

But I'm not going to pretend that I can predict how this fight will conclude.

EDIT: Unless, by putting Naruto back at square one, you were only referring to him getting angry.

Lorde
4th November 2012, 2:38 AM
But there's no other way to have Madara (or Obito? ...OR SASUKE?? nah) become the second jinchuuriki of the Juubi, not that it's necessary for a climactic ending... but I don't think having Naruto eventually part ways with the Kyuubi is the worst thing that could happen. In fact it kind of makes sense on some level. It's almost heartwarming that he probably DOESN'T want to give up Kurama after finally building this friendship.

But I'm not going to pretend that I can predict how this fight will conclude.

EDIT: Unless, by putting Naruto back at square one, you were only referring to him getting angry.

I was referring to Naruto giving up the Kyuubi after all the work he put into gaining his powers and loyalty. And besides, didn't Obito say that he could still summon the Juubi even without the Kyuubi? I hope Madara gets beaten soon since he's the one who really wanted to complete the plan with the Hachibi and Kyuubi sealed in the Gedo Mazo.

Kamex
4th November 2012, 7:08 AM
I was referring to Naruto giving up the Kyuubi after all the work he put into gaining his powers and loyalty. And besides, didn't Obito say that he could still summon the Juubi even without the Kyuubi?
Yes that's true. But I'm wondering if the manga will end with the Kyuubi still within Naruto? Sure he may have befriended it, but it seems more likely that Naruto will become normal and lose his jinchuuriki status before everything's said and done. Maybe I'm being too presumptuous here.

I hope Madara gets beaten soon since he's the one who really wanted to complete the plan with the Hachibi and Kyuubi sealed in the Gedo Mazo.
You think he'll be defeated before Obito...?

Lorde
5th November 2012, 7:12 PM
You think he'll be defeated before Obito...?

I want him to be defeated first because he's a bad character. All he does is boast about how powerful he is despite the fact that the majority of his powers stem from him taking someone else's cells and fusing with them. He's just a washed up hack who lost to Hashirama and couldn't admit to himself that he was a loser. At least Obito has a valid reason for wanting to put everyone under genjutsu. After all the crap he went through and all his dreams that were crushed, he deserves a chance to bring peace to the world. Granted, he's doing it wrong by trying to force everyone to unite under an illusion, but it's a lot better than Nagato's plan of causing a bunch of wars by giving away a forbidden jutsu. At least this way innocent people won't get hurt.

Crimsonlink
5th November 2012, 7:32 PM
I want him to be defeated first because he's a bad character. All he does is boast about how powerful he is despite the fact that the majority of his powers stem from him taking someone else's cells and fusing with them. He's just a washed up hack who lost to Hashirama and couldn't admit to himself that he was a loser. At least Obito has a valid reason for wanting to put everyone under genjutsu. After all the crap he went through and all his dreams that were crushed, he deserves a chance to bring peace to the world. Granted, he's doing it wrong by trying to force everyone to unite under an illusion, but it's a lot better than Nagato's plan of causing a bunch of wars by giving away a forbidden jutsu. At least this way innocent people won't get hurt.

WHAT?!? You seriously don't believe that do you?

I agree with the Madara part but wtf is up with the Obito part.

The only crap he went through was losing Rin and being crushed under a rock, not to mention he survived said crushed under the rock.

Obito doesn't deserve crap, certainly not saving the world after doing Madara's bidding and ruining many lives in his quest for peace. You think Nagato/Pain happened by itself?

Everyone in the world is getting hurt if Obito/Madara gets his way. They all lose their free will and live a false life based on a stupid madman's delusions of bringing peace assuming that the Moon's Eye plan is even viable or true.

Obito is a terrible example of a character that has gone evil for "love" when said love would sooner look at him with disgust at the person he has become and the love was rather one-sided. At least Sasuke's descent into darkness had backing with the lust for power and revenge for his clan.

TsukiMirage
6th November 2012, 12:13 AM
I have to agree. Obito's reasoning is horrible. There are a bunch of ninjas who have suffered more then him and still held it together. Heck, Sasuke lost his entire clan and was still relatively good after being manipulated by two evil masterminds, at least up until the summit and even after that was still capable of some honor.

Kamex
6th November 2012, 7:35 AM
Granted, he's doing it wrong by trying to force everyone to unite under an illusion, but it's a lot better than Nagato's plan of causing a bunch of wars by giving away a forbidden jutsu. At least this way innocent people won't get hurt.
I think you have it the wrong way - Nagato, even as Pain, never killed anyone unless he thought it was absolutely necessary (even though his criteria for that was very loose and unforgiving). Obito on the other hand has allowed many innocent deaths with little justification, even compared to Pain.

That being said, I do admire Obito's determination. I think that's one of the main differences between him and other villains; as Tobi, he was able to assume any persona other than himself and dedicate his life to fulfilling his goal, unlike other villains who are swayed or even directly or indirectly manipulated by Obito himself. And, at least so far, he hasn't gone astray even a bit. Although, he may change his mind at the end, just as Nagato did.

I can't really comment on Madara, since I'm not entirely confident on what his true goals and motivations are. But I agree that he's a hax sort of villain. That's part of why I think Obito is the penultimate villain. Madara will probably stick around until the end. Either that, or he'll become some type of fodder for Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry.

lolipiece
7th November 2012, 9:36 AM
Kakashi, when your idea of "defense" is a wall with dog heads on it, you're asking to be stabbed.

Kamex
7th November 2012, 9:59 AM
Can't believe Guy made himself useful.

7 tyranitars
7th November 2012, 12:46 PM
Pretty okay chapter. Nice to see guy being usefull.

waffle_x_v
7th November 2012, 12:51 PM
I want obito to die, that selfish cnt.

BJPalmer85
7th November 2012, 2:35 PM
I want obito to die, that selfish cnt.

Decent chapter, but i agree with the above. Obito is like that friend that has one to many and wont listen to reason

B

Platinum fan.
7th November 2012, 2:53 PM
Chapter was alright. Obito feels like a immature child fighting Kakashi, what is with evil Uchiha's acting either selfish or immature? Obito and Kakashi gave me Naruto and Sasuke vibes so I hope Kakashi beats down Obito the same way I hope Naruto beats down Sasuke. Uchiha's are such drama queens and drag everyone down with them, especially those who care for them. Pity because before this I thought Obito was the only good Uchiha. Guess not.

SkyDeity
7th November 2012, 3:06 PM
Oh, look guise, here comes the power of friendship to save the day!

Lorde
7th November 2012, 6:11 PM
Despite having action, this seemed like one of those chapters where nothing happened. I mean Kakashi got kicked around by Obito like it was nothing, but Naruto came in and now things are even again. I'm surprised that Guy was able to attack; I thought he was worn out. Also, Kakashi's infinite chakra is starting to bug me. Kishi needs to stop favoring him.

BJPalmer85
7th November 2012, 6:22 PM
I have a question that I am a little lost on.

where the hell did the rinnengan come from (not literally I know the Sage of Six Paths had it first)? Pain had it but it was given to him by Obito correct?

Obito has it, where did he get it? Madara? If so, how did Madara get?

B

SharpedoX
7th November 2012, 6:25 PM
I have a question that I am a little lost on.

where the hell did the rinnengan come from (not literally I know the Sage of Six Paths had it first)? Pain had it but it was given to him by Obito correct?

Obito has it, where did he get it? Madara? If so, how did Madara get?

B

Pain's Rinnegan is Madara's. The latter found a way of planting it on him. Madara awokened the Rinnegan when he was close to death during his battle with Hashirama, if I recall correctly.

BJPalmer85
7th November 2012, 6:28 PM
Pain's Rinnegan is Madara's. The latter found a way of planting it on him. Madara awokened the Rinnegan when he was close to death during his battle with Hashirama, if I recall correctly.

Ok, what about Obito?

Is it only the Uchiha that can obtain it? Or can descendents of the Senju clan awaken it as well? Which is Naruto correct?

B

Lorde
7th November 2012, 6:34 PM
Obito feels like a immature child fighting Kakashi, what is with evil Uchiha's acting either selfish or immature?

That "immature child" had the upper hand against Kakashi and would win the battle were it not for Kakashi suddenly being able to use Kamui as he pleases without the risk of being drained of chakra. If anything, I feel bad for Obito; he's fighting against someone who has been protected by plot power since the start of the series. He can't win here.

Platinum fan.
7th November 2012, 7:42 PM
That "immature child" had the upper hand against Kakashi and would win the battle were it not for Kakashi suddenly being able to use Kamui as he pleases without the risk of being drained of chakra. If anything, I feel bad for Obito; he's fighting against someone who has been protected by plot power since the start of the series. He can't win here.

I was wondering about that. I thought Kamui drains a lot out of Kakashi that he has to be put on bed rest. Perhaps he's gotten better at using it maybe? I don't know. It is possible that after fighting Obito, Kakashi will be drained to the point that he can't move. I still want to hear the reason why Kakashi killed Rin. There must be a logic. Maybe it was a evil clone Rin or something.

You know now that I think about it, Guy is the only one in this fight without a hax power. Naruto and Killer Bee have their tailed beast, Kakashi, Madara, and Obito have Sharingan, heck the latter two even have Rinnegan as well, but Guy just has his Taijutsu skills and that Afternoon Tiger/Morning Peacock move XD

Joltik-Kid
7th November 2012, 8:02 PM
Ok, what about Obito?

Is it only the Uchiha that can obtain it? Or can descendents of the Senju clan awaken it as well? Which is Naruto correct?

B
Obito took then back from the dead Nagato.

I believe it is since you need the Sharigan to awaken the "god" eyes. Afterward the awakening though, yes, anyone can wield them (as shown through Nagato) It's hard to say for sure about Naruto, though the Uzamaki clan did share ties with the Senju, so he could theoretically be.

Kamex
7th November 2012, 8:13 PM
I believe Madara took Hashirama's cells after that battle, and he awakened the Rinnegan much later near the end of his life, perhaps shortly before meeting Obito. I could be wrong though.

Ok, what about Obito?

B
It's sort of confusing because of the Edo Tensei's ability to completely reconstruct the body, doujutsu and all (as in the case of Madara). So originally Madara unlocked the Rinnegan, then he gave them to Nagato before dying. Next, after Nagato died, Obito recovered the eyes from Nagato's corpse (after killing Konan). After that (or shortly before that... can't remember), Kabuto revived Madara in an even better state than he was in his prime, rather than the state he was at death, as usual. So he ended up having another pair of Rinnegan! That's apparently why there are three Rinnegan eyes on the battlefield now, and I'm not sure where Obito is keeping the fourth.

Madara obtained the Rinnegan because he combined Hashirama's Senju cells with his own (and perhaps after some other act, since it took a while for the Rinnegan to be awakened after that). Descendents of the Senju clan can implant and make use of the Rinnegan because of the Sharingan it evolved from I suppose, hence Nagato. So theoretically, if Naruto gets some Uchiha cells in him, he can awaken a Rinnegan at some point as well.

BJPalmer85
7th November 2012, 8:21 PM
It's sort of confusing because of the Edo Tensei's ability to completely reconstruct the body, doujutsu and all (as in the case of Madara). So originally Madara unlocked the Rinnegan, then he gave them to Nagato before dying. Next, after Nagato died, Obito recovered the eyes from Nagato's corpse (after killing Konan). After that (or shortly before that... can't remember), Kabuto revived Madara in an even better state than he was in his prime, rather than the state he was at death, as usual. So he ended up having another pair of Rinnegan! That's apparently why there are three Rinnegan eyes on the battlefield now, and I'm not sure where Obito is keeping the fourth.

Madara obtained the Rinnegan because he combined Hashirama's Senju cells with his own (and perhaps after some other act, since it took a while for the Rinnegan to be awakened after that). Descendents of the Senju clan can implant and make use of the Rinnegan because of the Sharingan it evolved from I suppose, hence Nagato. So theoretically, if Naruto gets some Uchiha cells in him, he can awaken a Rinnegan at some point as well.

that makes it a little better. I am under the impression that Naruto will at some point obtain the Rinnegan. If so, that would be completely OP in my opinon. Nine-tails + rinnegan?

B

Joltik-Kid
7th November 2012, 8:45 PM
that makes it a little better. I am under the impression that Naruto will at some point obtain the Rinnegan. If so, that would be completely OP in my opinon. Nine-tails + rinnegan?

B
Quite a few fans actually feel a reverse of this will happen... As in Sasuke will be the one to obtain the Rinnegan

BJPalmer85
7th November 2012, 8:48 PM
Quite a few fans actually feel a reverse of this will happen... As in Sasuke will be the one to obtain the Rinnegan

oh wow! now that would be interesting indeed.

However, I am not convinced. I would assume that Itachi would somehow prevent that from happening

B

Joltik-Kid
7th November 2012, 9:43 PM
oh wow! now that would be interesting indeed.

However, I am not convinced. I would assume that Itachi would somehow prevent that from happening

B
I know, but it's definitely possible with how much Kish just loves haxing out the Uchiha. Plus Itachi is dead once again

TsukiMirage
7th November 2012, 9:57 PM
I get that Obito's situation is a blow to Kakashi's mental state, but I would still expect him to at least try and fight back. Cool to see him employing Kamui's ability upon himself though. And it seems it still hasn't dawn on either Naruto or Kirabi that not using their full transformation might be more helpful then acting as a huge target. Best part of the chapter was the half-dead Gai blasting Madara's Susanoo backward. Clearly he's the only one we can depend on. Nice chapter.

BJPalmer85
7th November 2012, 10:00 PM
I know, but it's definitely possible with how much Kish just loves haxing out the Uchiha. Plus Itachi is dead once again

that is true, orochimaru is back!!! (forgot that for a second).

You could argue either way, honestly.

B

Shneak
7th November 2012, 10:35 PM
- Love how Obito just shoots weapons out of his eye.
- LOLWUT. Is that the dragon or a forest strangling Naruto?
- Why isn't Bee doing anything?
- I wouldn't mind seeing a fight in the Kamui dimension.
- Obito used X-Scissor!
- The clone has a different whisker design. Weird.
- Hirudora!

Okay chapter. Not sure what Kakashi's last line meant though.

Lorde
7th November 2012, 11:20 PM
You know now that I think about it, Guy is the only one in this fight without a hax power.

I think the Eight Gates could be considered hax. He used them to beat Kisame's impostor who had 30% of the original's chakra, and then the real Kisame while they were on the turtle island. But it's strange that a taijutsu master relies so much on special powers. What ever happened to normal physical attacks? That's what I liked about Part 1.

Charminions
8th November 2012, 1:58 AM
What's with Bee just standing there the whole chapter?

I feel like this chapter hasn't done much of anything but just stall time to make Kakashi realize that he has to fight back.

Shneak
8th November 2012, 11:26 PM

Chapter? The whole fight.

Lorde
9th November 2012, 2:59 AM

I feel like this chapter hasn't done much of anything but just stall time to make Kakashi realize that he has to fight back.

I noticed both issues. I really wish Killer Bee would do more, but this is probably a sign that he's going to be captured. And as for the chapter itself and how Kakashi was letting himself get kicked around, I don't have a problem with it per se, I just thought it was redundant for Kakashi to ask Obito if he turned bad because of what happened to Rin; I'm pretty sure he confirmed that after his mask broke. But Obito's use of giant shuriken to cut Kakashi was pretty cool. I'm glad he's using ninja weapons.

Platinum fan.
9th November 2012, 4:20 AM
I think the Eight Gates could be considered hax. He used them to beat Kisame's impostor who had 30% of the original's chakra, and then the real Kisame while they were on the turtle island. But it's strange that a taijutsu master relies so much on special powers. What ever happened to normal physical attacks? That's what I liked about Part 1.

The Eight Gates aren't that haxed. But yeah I forgot about those gates of his. It's probably because he doesn't use them to much, because he doesn't get many battles....okay where am I going with this? I still consider him the least cheap ninja in this fight currently. I wonder if the Eight Gates would do anything to Madara or Obito? Probably not considering they have tackled worse.

Crimsonlink
9th November 2012, 5:42 AM
8 gates are far from hax considering if you open number 8 you die and opening beyond 5 asks for broken bones and a huge downtime.

About the chapter.... how does Kishi sell so many volumes if most of the pages are full of flashbacks? I think over 3 Naruto volumes worth has been redrawn into the chapters over time. Obito is destroying Kakashi which isn't a shocker considering the same damn thing happens in nearly all his fights.

Kakashi vs Zabuza lol.

Naruto still keeping his cloak form, guess Kyuubi does have a truckload of chakra. Not much to say except I'm happy Naruto has dropped in rank for this week's TOC. For subpar chapters it doesn't deserve to be in the top 5 imo.

Kamex
9th November 2012, 5:55 AM
I agree that Killer Bee should stop standing around gawking at everyone and do something. He can't be that useless; even Guy managed to help out. And what is everyone else doing right now...

But it's strange that a taijutsu master relies so much on special powers. What ever happened to normal physical attacks? That's what I liked about Part 1.
Daytime Tiger is technically taijutsu... but point taken.

I just thought it was redundant for Kakashi to ask Obito if he turned bad because of what happened to Rin; I'm pretty sure he confirmed that after his mask broke.
Yeah I thought that was strange too. He must be in utter disbelief/denial... or maybe Kishi just forgot lol.

TsukiMirage
9th November 2012, 6:00 AM
Yeah, the Gates are pretty much the only ability that still displays it's supposed drawbacks. All the other abilities have had their drawbacks basically disappear.

Kamex
9th November 2012, 9:48 AM
And next thing you know, Guy will have achieved some enlightened state where he can maintain all eight gates plus the secret ninth gate for an hour without dying. His punches will instantly disintegrate anything to dust and create earthquakes and tsunamis in the crossfire.

TsukiMirage
9th November 2012, 7:05 PM
So pretty much like old man Yamamoto? That would be awesome, and still far better then any of the other power-ups we have had to deal with.

Lorde
9th November 2012, 7:54 PM
8 gates are far from hax considering if you open number 8 you die and opening beyond 5 asks for broken bones and a huge downtime.

This is the Naruto manga though; the good guys never die. He could activate the eighth gate and survive. The worst he'd get are some injuries, but as we saw last time he opened the gates, his injuries weren't that bad since Sakura was able to heal him quickly right before the war started.

Joltik-Kid
10th November 2012, 1:17 AM
And next thing you know, Guy will have achieved some enlightened state where he can maintain all eight gates plus the secret ninth gate for an hour without dying. His punches will instantly disintegrate anything to dust and create earthquakes and tsunamis in the crossfire.
Sounds a little too OP, but then again, this manga couldn't careless how powerful they make someone (well, except females for some reason)

Shneak
10th November 2012, 4:53 AM
Sounds a little too OP, but then again, this manga couldn't careless how powerful they make someone (well, except females for some reason)

It's ridiculous, but I also think it's to further emphasize how only Naruto can be the saviour.

Hey, Tsunade could suddenly activate a slug mode of some kind. She can't be the only important character to die, right? (It's so sad that the most OP a woman has gotten is Konan's paper bomb ocean... and she still died.)

Locormus
13th November 2012, 5:25 PM
I agree that Killer Bee should stop standing around gawking at everyone and do something. He can't be that useless; even Guy managed to help out. And what is everyone else doing right now...

Everybody else is pooping theirselves.. The Kage's are probably being healed by Tsunade at this time, and Tsunade will die obviously at the end of the war.. Then there's Sasuke's group that are going somewhere..

Lorde
14th November 2012, 7:24 AM
So apparently the Kyuubi can give out chakra to others. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but it seems we'll get an explanation later. Right now, it seems like Naruto and Killer Bee are safe from having their Bijuu sealed since the Juubi has finally been revived. I thought the Allied Shinobi Forces would arrive before that, but I'm glad Kishi finally picked up the pace.

Kamex
14th November 2012, 7:40 AM
Meh... the fast pace of this chapter made it somewhat difficult to follow. But the strategy to effectively battle Obito was pretty cool. That being said, I'm a little underwhelmed at his fighting prowess... he doesn't seem to be the same untouchable and impressive shinobi that he was before losing the mask.

I'm glad Naruto mentioned the fact that the expression on Obito's face shows that he's suffering. I thought it was pretty uncharacteristic of "Tobi" to be that emotionally involved in the battle, even fighting Kakashi, but based on what Naruto said it seems to me that he may have been feeling this way all along under the guise of his mask and Tobi/Madara facade.

waffle_x_v
14th November 2012, 9:12 AM
THE JUBI IS HERE. omg this is exciting.

lolipiece
14th November 2012, 9:19 AM
GODDAMN MOTHER****ING FINALLY!

How long has it been since that stupid statue broke off the Nine-tail's chakra!?

God.

And yet again, Kurama proves why he's the best character in this series.

Ver-mont
14th November 2012, 9:20 AM
Oh, now I'm excited. Last week I felt like the chapter was chasing its own tail, but this time I'm looking forward for next week.

Kamex
14th November 2012, 10:20 AM
If they didn't need all of the tailed beasts to bring out the Juubi then why didn't they do this sooner? All he needs to do is cast that jutsu on the moon right? And for that matter, is avoiding the genjutsu as simple as never glancing at the moon? So many questions.

BJPalmer85
14th November 2012, 2:07 PM
What finally brought the juubi here? was it the energy that Naruto and Bee fired at it?

B

Platinum fan.
14th November 2012, 2:29 PM
I loved when the Kyuubi threw Kakashi at Obito and Naruto was like "What?!" Before their plan was revealed it was like Kyuubi was just trying to get rid of Kakashi so Naruto could fight freely. I loved it. The Naruto/Kyuubi dynamic has to be like the best one yet. Nice to see we're moving to the main plot of this war.

Joltik-Kid
14th November 2012, 4:25 PM
If they didn't need all of the tailed beasts to bring out the Juubi then why didn't they do this sooner? All he needs to do is cast that jutsu on the moon right? And for that matter, is avoiding the genjutsu as simple as never glancing at the moon? So many questions.
Obito didn't want it to come to that (as he wanted the true full power of the beast) and when Madara arrived he asked why Obito started so early... And he can't cast the genjutsu until he seals the 10 tails inside him (at least that's what I understand from the plan). I can't answer the rest though

7 tyranitars
14th November 2012, 6:21 PM
So it has begun. Looking forward to next weeks chapter.

Crimsonlink
14th November 2012, 7:22 PM
Well guys looks like we are going fanfic style as the moon eye will activate and trap everyone in genjutsu with the exception of some people. Thats if Madara can control it of course.

BTW 28 tails of Chakra vs 17 tails since the Juubi has 1-7 vs just Kyuubi and Hachibi lol.

Wonder if the Shinobi Alliance just shows up in time to get caught in the genjutsu.

Lorde
14th November 2012, 8:03 PM
I'm still wondering why Obito waited until now to use Mokuton against Naruto. We know that Mokuton is capable of restraining the Kyuubi's chakra, so it would've made sense to use it a long time ago. I can't help but feel that Kishi just conveniently gave it to Obito so he could use something other than the usual Kamui thing.

Shneak
14th November 2012, 10:38 PM
- End? Isn't it too early for that chapter title?
- "Stay in your trash bin." Oooh. Burn.
- When did that random firewall appear?
- Uh, nice strategy, Kurama.
- Oh, I get it. It actually is a good strategy.
- Bee does something!
- So that's what was happening behind those walls.

I had to re-read the last chapter to get this one. I totally forgot Naruto made a clone and thought this chapter was jumping around. The Juubi is one ugly thing. It looks like a Ferrothorn. Spiny shell body with a giant eye and tentacle tails. I'm kind of surprised that it was summoned without the full Hachibi as well. It's weakness is probably not being as strong because it's missing two full beasts.

Platinum fan.
15th November 2012, 1:40 AM
I love that Obito and Madara's plans are about to begin despite not capturing Naruto or Killer Bee. It's dumb to think that the moons eye plan thing wasn't going to happen. It was going to happen whether Naruto and Bee were captured or not, because neither were captured. Oh well lets see what everyone dreams of. Oh Obito how evil you have become. I wonder what Rin would say. Heck I'd wonder what Minato would say? One of his students tried to kill his son, wife and village. Betrayl and back stabbing is a Uchiha common trait.

TsukiMirage
15th November 2012, 2:03 AM
The Kyuubi just being able to give Kakashi chakra pretty much came out of nowhere, and after getting the prefect opening, instead of using Chidori or some sort of sealing technique, he simply punches him. And Madara just chilling around after he made such a point of wanting to capture the final two Bijuus for the Juubi make no sense. Well at least the Juubi has been revived and thus we're nearing the end of this so-called war. Lame chapter outside the Juubi's revival.

Kamex
15th November 2012, 7:42 AM
Obito didn't want it to come to that (as he wanted the true full power of the beast) and when Madara arrived he asked why Obito started so early... And he can't cast the genjutsu until he seals the 10 tails inside him (at least that's what I understand from the plan).
But it was implied at the end of the chapter and the advent of the Juubi that the Eye of the Moon plan was almost complete. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that this would mean Madara doesn't need the full-power 10-tails to perform the genjutsu, which would mean it was pointless to wait all this time. That is unless he meant that with the power of the Juubi, he can now forcefully take Hachibi and Kyuubi and then do the jutsu. Or does he mean that the genjutsu itself won't be as powerful without all of the tailed beasts...?

and after getting the prefect opening, instead of using Chidori or some sort of sealing technique, he simply punches him.
On the flip-side, I don't understand why Obito didn't simply use Kamui on himself so he can fight Kakashi in solitude (at least until Kakashi uses Kamui on him again).

Lorde
15th November 2012, 7:52 AM
I wonder who will actually cast the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Madara is the one who came up with the Eye of the Moon Plan, but something tells me that Obito might be the one who will want to cast it since he worked hard to make the plan come to fruition. I'll be satisfied either way, but wouldn't it be interesting if Obito turned on Madara or vice versa?

Kamex
15th November 2012, 8:28 AM
I wonder who will actually cast the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Madara is the one who came up with the Eye of the Moon Plan, but something tells me that Obito might be the one who will want to cast it since he worked hard to make the plan come to fruition. I'll be satisfied either way, but wouldn't it be interesting if Obito turned on Madara or vice versa?
I think Obito is mostly concerned with being a part of the new world and making sure it becomes a reality, it doesn't seem to me like he has any interest in orchestrating it. But maybe he does. And I still have a feeling Madara is hiding his true intentions to some extent. But I think it would be a surprising plot twist if Obito was the one to betray Madara; I've been practically expecting it the other way around.

TsukiMirage
15th November 2012, 6:42 PM
Don't see a reason for Obito to betray Madara, at least not before the enviable change of heart. Madara perhaps, but so far he's still in charge.

Joltik-Kid
15th November 2012, 7:30 PM
Now that I'm thinking about this whole "new world" thing... anyone for a moment have a thought that this could end up like Cyrus from Pokemon D/P/Pt.?

Lorde
15th November 2012, 8:58 PM
Don't see a reason for Obito to betray Madara, at least not before the enviable change of heart. Madara perhaps, but so far he's still in charge.

Well if the theories about Madara being the one who set up Rin's death are true, it's quite possible that Obito will find out and betray Madara. I just realized that Kakashi hasn't had time to explain his side of the story, but when he does it could give Obito all the information he needs to deduce that Madara and Zetsu were behind that tragedy. Just a thought.

Now that I'm thinking about this whole "new world" thing... anyone for a moment have a thought that this could end up like Cyrus from Pokemon D/P/Pt.?

I forget, what happened to him?

Joltik-Kid
15th November 2012, 10:31 PM
I forget, what happened to him?
He too wanted to create a perfect world, only, he ended up dying (not so much in Platinum) once he lost control of the deities.

TsukiMirage
16th November 2012, 5:14 AM
Well if the theories about Madara being the one who set up Rin's death are true, it's quite possible that Obito will find out and betray Madara. I just realized that Kakashi hasn't had time to explain his side of the story, but when he does it could give Obito all the information he needs to deduce that Madara and Zetsu were behind that tragedy. Just a thought. Possible I suppose, tough I'm not seeing how he could have set it up or how the deduction that Madara was involved could come from anything Kakashi says.

gliscor&yanmega
16th November 2012, 6:36 AM
Yay, Gedo's ice cream headache is gone...now it's going to kill everyone because of the pain it was in. That was Madara's plan all along obviously, he's going to die too though, that's just how powerful Juubi is, it can kill the dead.

I hope Juubi is shown in colour soon, wanted it to debut in colour and would have preferred it to debut in 610 instead overall but whatever.

There's less and less stuff to find out now, Tobi is Obito, Juubi is shown, the only thing I can think that's left is Sasuke's thing and possibly what Rikudo looks like.

waffle_x_v
16th November 2012, 7:02 AM
Just wait for it, nakama power will slay the jubi... I bet kishi would be this lame. After all, naruto did befriend the other tailed beats... >.<

Shneak
16th November 2012, 11:00 PM
There's less and less stuff to find out now, Tobi is Obito, Juubi is shown, the only thing I can think that's left is Sasuke's thing and possibly what Rikudo looks like.

I read a prediction somewhere that said the Infinite Tsukuyomi would be cast by Madara and the only two that wouldn't be affected would be Sasuke and Orochimaru, who would break the genjutsu and seal Madara. I would actually like to see this happen. It would allow the villains to accomplish their plan, albeit just briefly, and it would sort of redeem Sasuke/Oro.

Lorde
16th November 2012, 11:30 PM
I read a prediction somewhere that said the Infinite Tsukuyomi would be cast by Madara and the only two that wouldn't be affected would be Sasuke and Orochimaru, who would break the genjutsu and seal Madara. I would actually like to see this happen. It would allow the villains to accomplish their plan, albeit just briefly, and it would sort of redeem Sasuke/Oro.

But that would give Sasuke and Orochimaru too much relevance while taking some away from Naruto and the others. I'm not a Sasuke hater, but I really think the manga should focus on the main character at the moment.

Shneak
16th November 2012, 11:39 PM
But that would give Sasuke and Orochimaru too much relevance while taking some away from Naruto and the others. I'm not a Sasuke hater, but I really think the manga should focus on the main character at the moment.

Madara simply cannot be defeated in a mere fight. I don't even think Naruto could do it without some inane bs. I would rather Naruto solo Obito than overpowering Naruto/under-powering Madara.

TsukiMirage
17th November 2012, 1:19 AM
But that would give Sasuke and Orochimaru too much relevance while taking some away from Naruto and the others. I'm not a Sasuke hater, but I really think the manga should focus on the main character at the moment. How would it take away from Naruto when he's hardly relevant now? He could barely handle Obito with help and hasn't done any better against Madara then anyone else. Honestly, with their current performance, it's becoming harder and harder to believe that Naruto will actually be able to win without major help. At least there are reasonable ways that both Orochimaru and Sasuke could help win.

PokeMaster366
17th November 2012, 2:46 AM
Madara simply cannot be defeated in a mere fight. I don't even think Naruto could do it without some inane bs. I would rather Naruto solo Obito than overpowering Naruto/under-powering Madara.

Even if some insane BS were to happen in Naruto's favor, he would still be hard-pressed to slow him down, much less beat him.

Lorde
17th November 2012, 8:19 PM

I don't think Naruto can beat Madara by himself, but that's why there are other characters around. I hope the Allied Shinobi Forces show up and overwhelm Madara with their sheer numbers while Naruto/Kakashi beat Obito and have him reveal Madara's weakness (he ought to know it after spending so much time under his care). That would be great teamwork in my opinion, something that is really lacking in this war so far.

Shneak
18th November 2012, 3:31 AM
I don't think Naruto can beat Madara by himself, but that's why there are other characters around. I hope the Allied Shinobi Forces show up and overwhelm Madara with their sheer numbers while Naruto/Kakashi beat Obito and have him reveal Madara's weakness (he ought to know it after spending so much time under his care). That would be great teamwork in my opinion, something that is really lacking in this war so far.

The other characters don't seem to be helping much. Kakashi has been helping but not really making much damage to Obito. Guy has been getting the occasional attack in. Bee watches until he has to Bijuu Bomb.

I really hope the Allied Shinobi Forces can show up soon. I would be open to that happening too. We need some final side character highlights against Madara while Naruto and Kakashi could fight Obito in the Kamui dimension.