PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The end is here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109

Kamex
18th November 2012, 4:36 AM
I read a prediction somewhere that said the Infinite Tsukuyomi would be cast by Madara and the only two that wouldn't be affected would be Sasuke and Orochimaru, who would break the genjutsu and seal Madara. I would actually like to see this happen. It would allow the villains to accomplish their plan, albeit just briefly, and it would sort of redeem Sasuke/Oro.
But Kishi's been foreshadowing Naruto and Sasuke's epic showdown since part I ended... there's no way he'll redeem Sasuke before having them battle (and I certainly hope he doesn't).

Plus, despite his humble beginnings as a child, I don't know if Orochimaru's the type of character that should ever be redeemed.

pwnswitchclik
18th November 2012, 3:54 PM
I don't know about you guys, but about speculations: what if the allied shinobi forces run into sasuke and co., or they run into the five kages or maybe all three combined, somehow?

TsukiMirage
18th November 2012, 7:29 PM
Honestly, a meeting between Sasuke and the Allied Forces would be pointless and boring, since we know neither side would be killed and nothing plotwise would even come from it. Same with him and the Kages. The Allied forces running into the Kages could create some interesting effect, but nothing everyone seeing the Juubi wouldn't do anyway.

Chingchar
19th November 2012, 6:43 PM
Madara seemed disappointed that he didn't get revived by Nagato but wouldn't being revived by Kabuto be better since he is now immortal?
It also means that while Ten tails destroys everything he'll be fine.

Lorde
19th November 2012, 8:48 PM
Madara seemed disappointed that he didn't get revived by Nagato but wouldn't being revived by Kabuto be better since he is now immortal?
It also means that while Ten tails destroys everything he'll be fine.

I think he wanted to be revived a lot earlier so that he could've captured all the Bijuu on his own instead of relying on Obito for everything. The Juubi is revived anyway, but Madara seemed to care about how it was done for whatever reason. We'll see what happens.

Ver-mont
19th November 2012, 9:00 PM
I think he wanted to be revived a lot earlier so that he could've captured all the Bijuu on his own instead of relying on Obito for everything. The Juubi is revived anyway, but Madara seemed to care about how it was done for whatever reason. We'll see what happens.

And well, maybe there's some sheer pride, which wouldn't be out of character for him. He didn't want to come back as a zombie and relying on another person (since theoretically he depended on the caster to remain alive), he wanted to be resurrected properly.

Kamex
19th November 2012, 9:08 PM
If Madara originally intended on dying a normal death (for the second time) after Nagato resurrected him, then I wonder how the Eye of the Moon plan would have been succeeded afterward. Or is it somehow supposed to be permanent.

Platinum fan.
19th November 2012, 9:52 PM
Honestly, a meeting between Sasuke and the Allied Forces would be pointless and boring, since we know neither side would be killed and nothing plotwise would even come from it. Same with him and the Kages. The Allied forces running into the Kages could create some interesting effect, but nothing everyone seeing the Juubi wouldn't do anyway.

Well Sasuke killing someone important that the world actually cares about would certainly add some drama into the whole "Saving Sasuke's soul" thing Naruto will obviously try to do. And no killing Danzo doesn't count, as apparently nobody cares about him. Not even his own followers it seems. Even Digimon Tamers had a somewhat ally turn on the good guys and then kill one of them before returning to the light side. Surely Sasuke can do that as well. It would make the story so much more juicy, though it can't save this crappy war arc for me.

JD
20th November 2012, 12:38 AM
Apparently we have an early chapter tomorrow. I think the chapter will mainly be the Jubi rampaging and then either a switch to Sasuke in the end or Naruto doing something big like usual.

TsukiMirage
20th November 2012, 12:39 AM
Well Sasuke killing someone important that the world actually cares about would certainly add some drama into the whole "Saving Sasuke's soul" thing Naruto will obviously try to do. And no killing Danzo doesn't count, as apparently nobody cares about him. Not even his own followers it seems. Even Digimon Tamers had a somewhat ally turn on the good guys and then kill one of them before returning to the light side. Surely Sasuke can do that as well. It would make the story so much more juicy, though it can't save this crappy war arc for me. Little bit late for that. Perhaps before the whole situation with Itachi, but at this point, when Itachi's actions have pretty much clause Sasuke to question the path he's on and begin searching for a different answer. There's no good reason to have Sasuke backpedal again into evil just to create some minor drama, especially when we're all aware that any action Sasuke does won't have any real or lasting consequences.

Platinum fan.
20th November 2012, 12:49 AM
Little bit late for that. Perhaps before the whole situation with Itachi, but at this point, when Itachi's actions have pretty much clause Sasuke to question the path he's on and begin searching for a different answer. There's no good reason to have Sasuke backpedal again into evil just to create some minor drama, especially when we're all aware that any action Sasuke does won't have any real or lasting consequences.

Yeah I know. I just thought it would have made the Naruto and Sasuke story much more interesting, but yeah I don't see it happening either. Darn missed opportunity. Somebody on the heroes side better die in this war arc or there will be no emotion. I don't mean to sound like a heartless monster but wars are suppose to have that emotion to them. This one does not. It's nowhere near the emotion level of the Pain arc.

Joltik-Kid
20th November 2012, 12:57 AM
Little bit late for that. Perhaps before the whole situation with Itachi, but at this point, when Itachi's actions have pretty much clause Sasuke to question the path he's on and begin searching for a different answer. There's no good reason to have Sasuke backpedal again into evil just to create some minor drama, especially when we're all aware that any action Sasuke does won't have any real or lasting consequences.
Thing is Sasuke still wants revenge and to destroy the Leaf...

TsukiMirage
20th November 2012, 1:15 AM
Yeah I know. I just thought it would have made the Naruto and Sasuke story much more interesting, but yeah I don't see it happening either. Darn missed opportunity. Somebody on the heroes side better die in this war arc or there will be no emotion. I don't mean to sound like a heartless monster but wars are suppose to have that emotion to them. This one does not. It's nowhere near the emotion level of the Pain arc. That's not heartless. It's true that wars are suppose to be emotional and gripping, especially a war with the faith of the world in the balance. But this war has been lame. Nothing like the flashbacks we got with Nagato and Minato. And the whole fact that all the fighting that mattered has come down to two individual villains makes it seem even more pointless. Could have reached the same conclusion without a war. Not to mention the sheer randomness of the planning.

Thing is Sasuke still wants revenge and to destroy the Leaf... Which he's willing to wait for til after his fight with Naruto. No point in starting the bloodletting now after we've gone all this time without it and nearing the conclusion.

Joltik-Kid
20th November 2012, 1:22 AM
Which he's willing to wait for til after his fight with Naruto. No point in starting the bloodletting now after we've gone all this time without it and nearing the conclusion.
Right, I wasn't meaning it as a counter or anything, just that he's not good yet... glimpse's are being shown, but there only glimpse's

Lorde
20th November 2012, 3:02 AM
And well, maybe there's some sheer pride, which wouldn't be out of character for him. He didn't want to come back as a zombie and relying on another person (since theoretically he depended on the caster to remain alive), he wanted to be resurrected properly.

But he ended up freeing himself from the Edo Tensei anyway, so it worked out pretty well for him.

Apparently we have an early chapter tomorrow. I think the chapter will mainly be the Jubi rampaging and then either a switch to Sasuke in the end or Naruto doing something big like usual.

I read that on NF. I hope it's released later tonight like some of the other early chapters.

Crimsonlink
20th November 2012, 8:49 AM
For some reason I'm getting my hopes up that Juubi does something useful and kills Sakura in the next few chapters.

Shadow Lucario
20th November 2012, 10:39 AM
For some reason I'm getting my hopes up that Juubi does something useful and kills Sakura in the next few chapters.

We're all hoping for this.

JD
20th November 2012, 12:00 PM
Wow..Killer Bee actually doing something for once.

waffle_x_v
20th November 2012, 12:20 PM
Loved this chapter. kurama is all sorts of awesome.

Kamex
20th November 2012, 12:47 PM
Nice to see the protagonists put up a timely and strategic counter-attack. Even though it will be to no avail.

Also nice to see some more disagreement between Obito and Madara...

Lorde
20th November 2012, 6:21 PM
I didn't understand that last part, but the Juubi is quite a disappointment. To think that it would be out-smarted by Naruto and Killer Bee of all people. I'm glad that the Kyuubi is taking charge, but it says a lot about the other characters; I guess Kishi couldn't be bothered to show Naruto's progress on his own. Anyway, it looks like Obito wants to start the Infinite Tsukuyomi as soon as possible, but Madara still wants to toy with Naruto and Killer Bee. I actually agree with Obito that the ritual should be started immediately.

gliscor&yanmega
20th November 2012, 6:40 PM
I didn't understand that last part, but the Juubi is quite a disappointment. To think that it would be out-smarted by Naruto and Killer Bee of all people. I'm glad that the Kyuubi is taking charge, but it says a lot about the other characters; I guess Kishi couldn't be bothered to show Naruto's progress on his own. Anyway, it looks like Obito wants to start the Infinite Tsukuyomi as soon as possible, but Madara still wants to toy with Naruto and Killer Bee. I actually agree with Obito that the ritual should be started immediately.

Pretty sure Juubi isn't meant to be smart, it's suppose to be a mindless beast, those are always easy to out-smart, it's just they are strong enough to make all plans useless. It also seems to be fast, so it can probably react quickly enough to sneak attacks. I don't see the issue. This is exactly how I saw the Juubi being.

TsukiMirage
20th November 2012, 8:09 PM
So the Juubi's chakra is basically akin to natural energy and thus can't be felt normally. Well, that was a surprise. Anyway, the Juubi appears quite fast for it's size and as expected, considerably powerful. The Kyuubi's plan was nice, and once again Kakashi's proves his worth to this battle. Shame Naruto is still not taking a central role, but glad Kirabi/Hachibi is actually doing something other then standing around. Doubt their plan will work though. Enjoyable chapter.

Shneak
20th November 2012, 10:46 PM
- Early chapter! I had a feeling there would be one soon.
- Someone is pleasuring Guy.
- Holy hell that thing is scary. And massive.
- Welp, looks like Obito is retreating from his fight and joining Madara again.
- How does this Kyuubi Cloak work? Kurama is speaking through it but Naruto hasn't released him.
- I'm lost. I don't get the tentacle thing.
- Okay, so Kakashi absorbed it and released it from Kamui, but why did Bee come out when a sole tentacle was absorbed? Hey, at least he finally did something.

Hard to follow this chapter but it was interesting. I kind of want to see the plan in action, but that involves killing everyone in battle, and I doubt that will happen. The Juubi definitely isn't in trouble yet though.

Lorde
20th November 2012, 10:50 PM
Pretty sure Juubi isn't meant to be smart, it's suppose to be a mindless beast, those are always easy to out-smart, it's just they are strong enough to make all plans useless. It also seems to be fast, so it can probably react quickly enough to sneak attacks. I don't see the issue. This is exactly how I saw the Juubi being.

But Obito seemed worried that he gave the Juubi too much consciousness, which implies that it does have some intellect.

And I just realized that Kakashi used Kamui on the Hachibi. I didn't think he would be able to absorb something that big that quickly since Konan once commented that the time it took Tobi to absorb something was proportional to its mass. But I guess nothing should surprise me at this point.

TsukiMirage
21st November 2012, 5:13 AM
It wasn't that big though. The trick apparently was that Kirabi and the Hachibi hid within it's cut tentacle, got absorbed by Kamui, and then when Kakashi released the tentacle, they emerged from it. Basically it's the same trick Kirabi used against Sasuke during their fight.

gliscor&yanmega
21st November 2012, 2:35 PM
But Obito seemed worried that he gave the Juubi too much consciousness, which implies that it does have some intellect.

And I just realized that Kakashi used Kamui on the Hachibi. I didn't think he would be able to absorb something that big that quickly since Konan once commented that the time it took Tobi to absorb something was proportional to its mass. But I guess nothing should surprise me at this point.

Seems to be a mistranslations(Not surprised as it didn't make much sense). Obito was saying that they(Obito and Madara) were too focused on Juubi.

It wasn't that big though. The trick apparently was that Kirabi and the Hachibi hid within it's cut tentacle, got absorbed by Kamui, and then when Kakashi released the tentacle, they emerged from it. Basically it's the same trick Kirabi used against Sasuke during their fight.

Actually, Kakashi just Kamui Gyuki whole, a tentacle got cut off is all. I thought it was the same thing with Sasuke as well but someone brought it up.

Shadow Lucario
21st November 2012, 2:38 PM
Sooooo does anyone remember Yamato? Do they just not care anymore?

Platinum fan.
21st November 2012, 3:36 PM
I remember Yamato. He's kind of not needed anymore but I liked him. The chapter was alright, I've seen better but it wasn't the worst. The Juubi so far hasn't been to impressive to me but it is the first chapter of it fighting. Nice to see Killer Bee and Eight Tails get into the action as well. I suppose Madara and Obito will be riding the Juubi like Naruto and Bee do their tailed beast. I thought the moons eye thing would happen as soon as the Juubi awoke but oh well, no need to rush it. I'm still amused they revived it without Naruto and Bee being captured.

gliscor&yanmega
21st November 2012, 4:01 PM
Sooooo does anyone remember Yamato? Do they just not care anymore?

Naruto mentioned him last chapter. They are in war, Yamato isn't a priority.

BJPalmer85
21st November 2012, 5:43 PM
Decent chapter. I find it funny how Kakashi has mastered Kamui so quickly...

Looking forward to what unfolds with Naruto's little plan

B

Lorde
21st November 2012, 7:31 PM
Decent chapter. I find it funny how Kakashi has mastered Kamui so quickly...

It's annoying in my opinion. If I were Obito, I would be pissed off if some copycat who killed the love of my life had mastered my abilities. Kakashi will soon be up there with Sasuke and Madara in terms of hax. What a shame since he was one of the few characters who had power limitations.

BJPalmer85
21st November 2012, 8:48 PM
It's annoying in my opinion. If I were Obito, I would be pissed off if some copycat who killed the love of my life had mastered my abilities. Kakashi will soon be up there with Sasuke and Madara in terms of hax. What a shame since he was one of the few characters who had power limitations.

I have looked at it that way but I also just put him in the same category as Neji. Maybe he is just a genius and can learn things with out being taught.

I know he can copy techniques but he cant copy techniques that require a sharingan to use them can he? I know that he cant copy kekki genkai but having the sharingan has to award him some sort of ability to copy those techs that require one

B

Shneak
21st November 2012, 9:43 PM

At least he has limited chakra. Using only one sharigan technique almost kills him, while Sasuke can take on 3 Kages and an army of samurai and not die.

Shadow Lucario
21st November 2012, 9:52 PM
I have looked at it that way but I also just put him in the same category as Neji. Maybe he is just a genius and can learn things with out being taught.

I know he can copy techniques but he cant copy techniques that require a sharingan to use them can he? I know that he cant copy kekki genkai but having the sharingan has to award him some sort of ability to copy those techs that require one

B

I'm pretty sure since he is not an Uchiha he cannot use Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi and by extension Susanoo. While Kamui is a technique of a certain eye, I think those three are just Uchiha Jutsu.

LizardonX
21st November 2012, 10:20 PM
At least he has limited chakra. Using only one sharigan technique almost kills him, while Sasuke can take on 3 Kages and an army of samurai and not die.

But that is sasuke. He's like the vegeta of the narutoverse he can do anything(except kill the MC)

Platinum fan.
21st November 2012, 10:55 PM

In this day and age you need to be cheap to even keep up with the main players of a saga anyway. I mean without plot hax, Kakashi would have been out by the first Kamui and therefore be unable to battle Obito. Kakashi was forced to be cheap just so he can be able to hang with the big boys, but I get what you're saying.

gliscor&yanmega
22nd November 2012, 12:16 AM

Sasuke had Zetsu and Karin heal him during that time though. He was pretty close to dieing a few times during that time, would have too.

Shneak
22nd November 2012, 10:46 PM
Sasuke had Zetsu and Karin heal him during that time though. He was pretty close to dieing a few times during that time, would have too.

Zetsu healed him during/after the fight with Mei, where he was finally tiring out. I don't remember Karin healing him before that, but I may be wrong.

TsukiMirage
22nd November 2012, 11:27 PM
Karin healed Sasuke after his fight with Danzo. Anyway, I think the point was that Sasuke has been shown getting tired/needing healing after nearly every fight he's had. The recent Kabuto fight is the only one I can remember that he didn't, which was pretty much due to Itachi doing most of the work.

Lorde
23rd November 2012, 1:46 AM
At least he has limited chakra.

Not anymore since the Kyuubi can just give him more chakra when he runs out of his own. But at least this puts him at a higher level so he can keep up with the others. Same goes for Guy if he chooses to accept some of the Kyuubi's chakra later on.

JJDalts
23rd November 2012, 1:37 PM
I know this is not about the manga, but I hear in the anime Naruto and Sakura team up with Sai and Yamato, to find Kabuto, who has reconstructed Hidan.

There is so much wrong here.

If I'm wrong then feel free to correct and shun me =]

waffle_x_v
23rd November 2012, 3:37 PM
That's just a prefiller about how kabuto got the bodies. Pretty good actually.

Honestly, the fillers relating to the actual storyline are way better than the manga.

gliscor&yanmega
23rd November 2012, 3:41 PM
Zetsu healed him during/after the fight with Mei, where he was finally tiring out. I don't remember Karin healing him before that, but I may be wrong.

Karin healed him when Sasuke nearly died from Onoki's attack, until Obito put him in Box Factory. Then Obito put Karin there and told her to heal Sasuke. I think Karin healed him during his fight with Danzou too. I wasn't sure if you were talking about Danzou's fight too or not.

Joltik-Kid
23rd November 2012, 6:55 PM
Anyone find it strange that we still haven't heard the reason why Kakashi killed Rin?

Lorde
23rd November 2012, 8:11 PM
Honestly, the fillers relating to the actual storyline are way better than the manga.

I disagree completely. There's a reason they're called fillers; they're just used to fill time so that Kishi can write more of the manga. They totally mess up what little continuity this series has. And the newest one isn't much different. In fact, I take it as a personal insult that the writers for the anime have decided to mess with Hidan. Let the poor guy die in peace.

And as for Kakashi's side of the story; it's a bit obvious that his side will have a big effect on Obito, which is why Kishi is waiting until later to divulge it.

7 tyranitars
23rd November 2012, 8:37 PM
I disagree completely. There's a reason they're called fillers; they're just used to fill time so that Kishi can write more of the manga. They totally mess up what little continuity this series has. And the newest one isn't much different. In fact, I take it as a personal insult that the writers for the anime have decided to mess with Hidan. Let the poor guy die in peace.

And as for Kakashi's side of the story; it's a bit obvious that his side will have a big effect on Obito, which is why Kishi is waiting until later to divulge it.

I agree with the Hidan bit, it completly messed him up. He was supposed to be undieing and buried. But, I did like the other fillers about kakashis squad battling the sevenswordsman of mist and pakura and the explosion guy.

gliscor&yanmega
23rd November 2012, 9:41 PM
Anyone find it strange that we still haven't heard the reason why Kakashi killed Rin?

It'll probably be expanded on later, but from the context of what was happening, Rin was trying to be captured or something by the Mist ninja, so Kakashi killed her so whatever purpose she had to them wouldn't be carried out.

Shneak
23rd November 2012, 11:21 PM
I agree with the Hidan bit, it completly messed him up. He was supposed to be undieing and buried. But, I did like the other fillers about kakashis squad battling the sevenswordsman of mist and pakura and the explosion guy.

He didn't die. Tsunade said at the beginning that there was an attack on the "forest where the Akatsuki is sealed." Kabuto only took some of Hidan's DNA and his scythe to make a clone using snake cells and the water from The Hole.

I actually really liked that filler. It was cool to have it loosely related with the beginning of the war and the fight with Team 7 versus Kabuto and the Zombies was executed well.

lolipiece
23rd November 2012, 11:22 PM

Didn't Kishi state that Hidan can die, but it'll take a while before it happens?

Like he'll decompose before he officially dies.

TsukiMirage
24th November 2012, 6:22 AM
Hidan's immortality is based on the requirement of him killing people and he will eventually die due to not being able to fulfill that requirement. But during the war in the manga, Kakuzu implied that Hidan was likely still alive. His power probably wouldn't be effected by him decomposing.

Platinum fan.
24th November 2012, 3:26 PM
What's all this about Hidan in a filler of the anime? He was rebuilt or something? That sounds stupid. Hidan has nothing more to offer and him being defeated by Shikamaru was suppose to mean something, even if Choji and Ino should have totally helped in the battle, but still Hidan should have been left alone to rot.

gliscor&yanmega
24th November 2012, 4:39 PM
Hidan's immortality is based on the requirement of him killing people and he will eventually die due to not being able to fulfill that requirement. But during the war in the manga, Kakuzu implied that Hidan was likely still alive. His power probably wouldn't be effected by him decomposing.

I believe that was just a misconception or something. From what I understand, Hidan is slowly dieing from a lack of nutrients, which apparently was revealed in the second fanbook, which was released December 9th 2009 so it's been a while since then, although Kakuzu assumed Hidan was still alive afterwards which happened in chapter 530 which was around March 2nd 2011, not sure how much time passed in Naruto time but I'd imagine at least a few months. Not sure how long someone can go without nutrients(Does dirt have nutrients for people?). Regardless, Hidan is probably in horrible shape right now. He'd probably be an actual skeleton by the time he gets dug up and rebuilt, then he wont have to wear that skeleton costume anymore, ha.

What's all this about Hidan in a filler of the anime? He was rebuilt or something? That sounds stupid. Hidan has nothing more to offer and him being defeated by Shikamaru was suppose to mean something, even if Choji and Ino should have totally helped in the battle, but still Hidan should have been left alone to rot.

He was basically Edo Tensei like everyone else was, just through a different means(It's not actually Edo Tensei, but it's the same concept). The Anime staff probably just wanted to bring back Hidan considering he was basically the only person not brought back with Edo Tensei. Plenty of people wanted Hidan back.

Platinum fan.
24th November 2012, 7:22 PM
So Hidan's like a Edo Tensei? I wonder how that works since he's not dead. Still bringing back Hidan is dumb. But so was bringing back Deidara and all the others so meh. Glad I don't watch the anime.

gliscor&yanmega
24th November 2012, 8:14 PM
So Hidan's like a Edo Tensei? I wonder how that works since he's not dead. Still bringing back Hidan is dumb. But so was bringing back Deidara and all the others so meh. Glad I don't watch the anime.

It's just the same concept, it's still not Edo Tensei, so him not being dead doesn't matter.

How was bringing them back dumb? Pretty classic move for a story to bring the past back to the ending of a show, I see it happens plenty of times in other shows in one way or another. Nothing wrong with Edo Tensei being used in the war, it could have been focus on more, but the idea was completely fine.

Lorde
24th November 2012, 8:17 PM
I'll admit that I wanted Hidan back, but in the manga not the anime. It just seems pointless for them to bring him back in a filler since he was an Akatsuki member and should therefore have a bigger role at least, which could only be done properly in the manga. I can already smell the inconsistencies that are going to be present in the anime.

Platinum fan.
24th November 2012, 8:57 PM
It's just the same concept, it's still not Edo Tensei, so him not being dead doesn't matter.

How was bringing them back dumb? Pretty classic move for a story to bring the past back to the ending of a show, I see it happens plenty of times in other shows in one way or another. Nothing wrong with Edo Tensei being used in the war, it could have been focus on more, but the idea was completely fine.

Oh I'm just not a fan of villains who feel complete coming back, especially if they are dead and come back to life. Hence why Orochimaru and the Edo Tensei's bug me so much. It's just me though, nothing serious. I prefer new villains and thought this war arc was going to provide some. I only like villains coming back if they have more to offer or they clearly were not finished with the main plot of the story.

TsukiMirage
24th November 2012, 10:31 PM
I believe that was just a misconception or something. From what I understand, Hidan is slowly dieing from a lack of nutrients, which apparently was revealed in the second fanbook, which was released December 9th 2009 so it's been a while since then, although Kakuzu assumed Hidan was still alive afterwards which happened in chapter 530 which was around March 2nd 2011, not sure how much time passed in Naruto time but I'd imagine at least a few months. Not sure how long someone can go without nutrients(Does dirt have nutrients for people?). Regardless, Hidan is probably in horrible shape right now. He'd probably be an actual skeleton by the time he gets dug up and rebuilt, then he wont have to wear that skeleton costume anymore, ha. Checking around, it appears something was said about nutrients, which honestly makes no sense given he's just a head. Weird condition for immortality.

fruitjuice222
25th November 2012, 4:30 PM
So since they made the juubi does that mean naruto shippuden ends once it dies?

gliscor&yanmega
25th November 2012, 4:53 PM

When you say "Shippuden" are you referring to the manga or Anime because only the Anime goes by that, and it wont end up because the Juubi dies, it'll end when they finish with the story. Juubi dieing also wont mean the end for the manga, there's other stuff going on, not much but still other stuff is other stuff, Sasuke's whole thing has to be dealt with too.

Ver-mont
25th November 2012, 5:00 PM

No, Part II ends once all its storylines have been concluded.

For example, even if it dies now, we still don't know what Orochimaru is up to.

TsukiMirage
25th November 2012, 8:55 PM
Orochimaru's pretty moot at this point. We already saw him at max power via Kabuto, and nothing he does will measure up to the likes of Madara. He even admitted he couldn't take Sasuke at this point. So as far as it appears, we only have a few storylines left: Kakashi & Obito, Madara & the Juubi, Naruto vs Sasuke final fight.

DucksGoMooful
25th November 2012, 8:56 PM
Orochimaru's pretty moot at this point. We already saw him at max power via Kabuto, and nothing he does will measure up to the likes of Madara. He even admitted he couldn't take Sasuke at this point. So as far as it appears, we only have a few storylines left: Kakashi & Obito, Madara & the Juubi, Naruto vs Sasuke final fight.

And the closing of the Kages story. Remember they were all hacked to pieces Tsunade was like "I'll save you!"?

Lorde
25th November 2012, 9:49 PM
And the closing of the Kages story. Remember they were all hacked to pieces Tsunade was like "I'll save you!"?

I don't think that's even worthy of a storyline, though. Tsunade will obviously heal them at the cost of her own life, and then the Kage will probably arrive at the scene of the current fight with the other survivors of the war. Although to be honest, I'd rather Onoki died than Tsunade since he's had so many close calls with death already.

Platinum fan.
25th November 2012, 10:07 PM
Gaara and Mei are the only kages that need to live. Mei because she hasn't done enough to actually have a good death. Honestly she's the most forgettable of the kages when compared to the others. So She should at least live to do something cool and Gaara because he's already died and junk. Tsunade, Oonoki and Raikage can all die. A has done enough for the storyline where his death would mean something especially to Killer Bee who I would assume be the new Raikage, or A could survive and pass on the title to him. Tsunade is long past her prime and has added very little to the story lately. If she had died heroically defending the village from Pain's attack that would have been a honorable death. Oonoki, pretty much what The 4th Kira said about him.

pwnswitchclik
26th November 2012, 8:55 PM
Does anyone know if the new chapter comes out tomorrow or wednesday?

Shneak
26th November 2012, 9:43 PM
Probably Wednesday. The last chapter was early.

uber gon
27th November 2012, 1:05 AM
Off-topic: For any Legend of Korra fans adult Toph was voiced by Kate Higgins, A.K.A. Saukra Haruno. Sakura's uselessness thus far kind of makes this revelation kind of depressing.

On-topic: At least the Juubi isn't some horrific monster. Although I kind of hoped it'd look like a bunny.

Lorde
28th November 2012, 9:21 AM
So the Allied Shinobi Forces have finally arrived. More than that, I'm glad that Ino was able to use her jutsu to its fullest extent by manipulating Madara/Obito. It was only enough to control them for a few seconds and change the Juubi's attack's direction apparently, but she's become a lot more reliable than Sakura.

Kamex
28th November 2012, 9:44 AM
Well Ino's trademark jutsu always had a lot more potential than anything Sakura's ever done.

I see Obito's receiving the first hints of an eventual change of heart. Now that he mentions it, it's interesting that Obito is not only a Naruto-type character gone wrong, but he also looks like a black-haired version of him.

Every chapter I keep waiting for a crazy plot twist to happen. There's gotta be a few more left in the story.

Also, maybe this isn't what anyone wants to hear, but I'm kind of itching to get Sasuke back into the story...

lolipiece
28th November 2012, 1:22 PM
The strongest Jutsu? ...OK....

Don't know where that came from...

BJPalmer85
28th November 2012, 1:52 PM
Well Ino's trademark jutsu always had a lot more potential than anything Sakura's ever done.

I see Obito's receiving the first hints of an eventual change of heart. Now that he mentions it, it's interesting that Obito is not only a Naruto-type character gone wrong, but he also looks like a black-haired version of him.

Every chapter I keep waiting for a crazy plot twist to happen. There's gotta be a few more left in the story.

Also, maybe this isn't what anyone wants to hear, but I'm kind of itching to get Sasuke back into the story...

I agree with what you are saying about Obito, and he does look a little like Naruto.

I imagine there are a lot more plot twists coming up.

Im ready for Sasuke to come back as long as he isnt a whinny little ***** this time

B

uber gon
28th November 2012, 2:24 PM
So the Allied Shinobi Forces have finally arrived. More than that, I'm glad that Ino was able to use her jutsu to its fullest extent by manipulating Madara/Obito. It was only enough to control them for a few seconds and change the Juubi's attack's direction apparently, but she's become a lot more reliable than Sakura.

Kind of makes you wonder what it would be like if Ino was on Naruto's squad in the first place. Also it's nice to no Naruto has a non-Rasengan jutsu apparently.

Platinum fan.
28th November 2012, 4:20 PM
Pretty good chapter. No real complaints from me this time. I liked how despite their overpowered status Naruto and Bee still have limits and it was cool yet very convenient how Naruto's friends and the allied forces arrived to help out. Ino continues to make a name for herself and I'm truly liking the character more and more now that she's not a Sasuke follower anymore. Not to mention I was simply pleased just to see Hinata, Kiba, Shino, Shikamaru Choji, and Lee again. I might have missed Neji and I think they purposely left out Tenten. I also like the Naruto/Obito comparison. How cruel would it be if Naruto's friends arriving was just part of Madara and Obito's dream jutsu thingie just to mess with everyone? Good chapter. Hmm I wonder what Shizune will do when she finds out about Tsunade's critical condition?

miles0624
28th November 2012, 4:58 PM
Kind of makes you wonder what it would be like if Ino was on Naruto's squad in the first place. Also it's nice to no Naruto has a non-Rasengan jutsu apparently.

Yes, it is about darn time. He was beginning to be a one-trick poney.

I love the Hinata mention by Kiba. Let the shippers have at it.

Way to go Ino. Prove that females can do something other than heal.

Sakura, heal Kakshi faster so that we can actually see you do something this time. Apparently, you are naturally gifted at Gengustu, so when everyone falls under it, it will be up to you to break the spell. (That is what I think will happen anyways.) Make me like you again.

Stuff is about to go down. Let's see it. (And half the army dies in the next chapter. Too many shinobi's in this close proximity = instant death for some.)

gliscor&yanmega
28th November 2012, 5:53 PM

He doesn't. One of the translators mistranslated it. The attack was most likely called out by the people who are holding the fans at the end of the chapter. Naruto basically just says that the Alliance will beat Juubi.

http://img.mangastream.com/m/49/22054384/577cca1eacae8f62c260ec88041faac9.png

TsukiMirage
28th November 2012, 6:02 PM
Oh, Madara, master of the obvious. Best part of the chapter was Ino appearing and doing something meaningful. Not exactly sure why the Allied Forces is acting so confident when Madara along had previously nearly wiped them out with a freakin' meteor. Seems like they done nothing but make themselves a huge target, so it will be interesting to see how them all not being completely wiped out next chapter is justified. Good chapter solely due to Ino.

gliscor&yanmega
28th November 2012, 6:43 PM
Oh, Madara, master of the obvious. Best part of the chapter was Ino appearing and doing something meaningful. Not exactly sure why the Allied Forces is acting so confident when Madara along had previously nearly wiped them out with a freakin' meteor. Seems like they done nothing but make themselves a huge target, so it will be interesting to see how them all not being completely wiped out next chapter is justified. Good chapter solely due to Ino.

Only part of the 4th division was dealing with Madara. They should be confident in themselves anyways, they can't afford to be worried about who they are facing, if they worry they wont be able to fight at their best, then the world ends, they need to put everything they have into this so they don't all die. There's bound to be some moment when they all feel all hope is lost though, that'll be after they realize they can't do anything to Juubi, then Naruto will save the day of course.

Joltik-Kid
28th November 2012, 6:45 PM
So the Allied Shinobi Forces have finally arrived.
I know right :)

It was only enough to control them for a few seconds and change the Juubi's attack's direction apparently, but she's become a lot more reliable than Sakura.
It's post like these that make me wonder why I still post in this thread. I feel like I'm the only true Sakura supporter on this site. But whateves *shrugs*

TsukiMirage
28th November 2012, 7:46 PM
Only part of the 4th division was dealing with Madara. They should be confident in themselves anyways, they can't afford to be worried about who they are facing, if they worry they wont be able to fight at their best, then the world ends, they need to put everything they have into this so they don't all die. There's bound to be some moment when they all feel all hope is lost though, that'll be after they realize they can't do anything to Juubi, then Naruto will save the day of course. The meteor strike, even after being countered, was felt by the entire army. Not to mention the sealed Juubi also wiped the floor with them. Point is, they shouldn't be acting cocky when they're still in the same position as before, after already putting everything in. At best, declaring themselves and then standing all together instead of actually being like ninjas and dealing a sneak attack (or attempting to you know, to seal Madara while he was focus on Naruto and co) and spreading out so that no single attack could target them all is just foolish.

Lorde
28th November 2012, 7:52 PM
I wonder if Naruto's new jutsu is "that jutsu." I want to be optimistic, but I know that it could be a completely random jutsu that Kishi thought up at the last moment. Anyway, I have to admit that I laughed when the Hachibi's attack failed against the Juubi; it was just funny how unbothered the Juubi was and how he flicked the Hachibi away.

pwnswitchclik
28th November 2012, 8:19 PM
About Obito's possible change of heart: do you wonder if it's gonna be something like the Zabuza and Haku thing?

Edit: The change of hearts thing reminds me alot of DBZ, then again I think Kishi said once he was influenced/a fan of Dragon Ball.

7 tyranitars
28th November 2012, 8:21 PM
Finaly "that jutsu". And love it how Shikamaru is the acting leader of platoon 4

Kamex
28th November 2012, 9:25 PM
What is this "that jutsu" you're all talking about. According to that translation correction it seems like at the end of the chapter Naruto was just referring to the presence of most of the shinobi alliance.

It's post like these that make me wonder why I still post in this thread. I feel like I'm the only true Sakura supporter on this site. But whateves *shrugs*
Being one of the MAIN main characters, you would think Sakura would have a more glorifying role in the story other than supporting Naruto and sobbing over Sasuke. I know she's come a long way maturity-wise (not as much as Naruto though), but if it weren't for the whole kunoichi-are-usually-medical-nin thing and the fact that she trained under Tsunade, she wouldn't have any interesting skills and is therefore overshadowed as a ninja compared to other characters.

That being said, I don't hate her or anything. At least she still has more relevance than Tenten, but that's not saying much (I don't hate Tenten either though! haha).

Joltik-Kid
28th November 2012, 9:52 PM
I wonder if Naruto's new jutsu is "that jutsu." I want to be optimistic, but I know that it could be a completely random jutsu that Kishi thought up at the last moment. Anyway, I have to admit that I laughed when the Hachibi's attack failed against the Juubi; it was just funny how unbothered the Juubi was and how he flicked the Hachibi away.
Mistranslation, apparently Naruto doesn't say he has a new Jutsu at all

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/22054384/20

Shneak
28th November 2012, 9:55 PM
- Arrival. Will the ASF finally show up?
- Wow, Hachibi's Bomb looks really tiny. In the last chapter, it looked big.
- Oh my god, it just flicked it away. Hahaha.
- A tailed beast finally runs out of chakra. Make that two.
- Everybody's worn out. Time to die?
- I love pretty much anything Madara says.
- Well, that grinds Naruto to a halt. Obito can make him Hokage and the world can keep turning under the giant eyeball of a zombie
- What the hell.
- Flying Hyuugas. Seriously, what? Is Ino saying the Byagukan was relevant just then?
- Go away Karui. You unsurprisingly didn't do anything. Let me see Tenten.
- YES. Everybody is here. Awesome, finally.
- Ninja Alliance Jutsu? Interesting.

Good chapter. I'm really happy to see the entire cast back together. I'm excited to see what happens next. I don't think I would mind at all of the Ninja Alliance all helped defeat them instead of just Naruto.

Platinum fan.
28th November 2012, 10:04 PM
Relooking at the last picture it appears Tenten made it in after all! Wonderful. Tenten might be overlooked as heck but I still enjoy her if only because her design is so darn cool. It would be so cruel if they killed Tenten off during this war. I wonder who will be killed if anyone now that they are in Madara's range. Better not be Ino now that she's walking along the lines of being a actually cool female Konoha ninja.

Joltik-Kid
28th November 2012, 10:07 PM
Relooking at the last picture it appears Tenten made it in after all! Wonderful. Tenten might be overlooked as heck but I still enjoy her if only because her design is so darn cool. It would be so cruel if they killed Tenten off during this war. I wonder who will be killed if anyone now that they are in Madara's range. Better not be Ino now that she's walking along the lines of being a actually cool female Konoha ninja.
http://s14.postimage.org/uzcr7u10x/LOL.png

Shneak
28th November 2012, 10:16 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing. Haha :D

Joltik-Kid
28th November 2012, 10:19 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing. Haha :D
It just so happened that I found that picture before I saw Platinum talk about Tenten actually being in the final page. It just fit so well that I had to post it XD

Shneak
28th November 2012, 10:29 PM
Ohhh. Now I get it. Ino's jutsu deflected the Juubi's attack by shifting it. I don't know how I missed that before. Ino's really showing her worth in this War.

Platinum fan.
28th November 2012, 10:49 PM
http://s14.postimage.org/uzcr7u10x/LOL.png

Lol Tenten will not be forgoten in this war! Great for posting that, man or girl. Sorry Not sure your gender but your great for circling Tenten.

Joltik-Kid
28th November 2012, 11:05 PM
Lol Tenten will not be forgoten in this war! Great for posting that, man or girl. Sorry Not sure your gender but your great for circling Tenten.
Man or Girl? Shouldn't it be Man or Woman? XD I'm a guy just to clear that up :)

Actually, I found that image, I wasn't the one to initially do so ^^;

Platinum fan.
28th November 2012, 11:10 PM
Man or Girl? Shouldn't it be Man or Woman? XD I'm a guy just to clear that up :)

Actually, I found that image, I wasn't the one to initially do so ^^;

My bad. I type one thing but mean another XD Man or woman lol.

gliscor&yanmega
29th November 2012, 12:03 AM
The meteor strike, even after being countered, was felt by the entire army. Not to mention the sealed Juubi also wiped the floor with them. Point is, they shouldn't be acting cocky when they're still in the same position as before, after already putting everything in. At best, declaring themselves and then standing all together instead of actually being like ninjas and dealing a sneak attack (or attempting to you know, to seal Madara while he was focus on Naruto and co) and spreading out so that no single attack could target them all is just foolish.

We didn't see the entire Alliance reaction to the meteor I don't believe. Gedo also only dealt with one division, plus a bit of two others. While they may have not known stuff like this would happen, they knew they'd be fighting in a war and are expected to continue on strong till the very end, letting the enemy know your afraid is never good. Plus this is pretty typical for a story when the tide shifts in favor of the hero, everyone is confident and all that.

About Obito's possible change of heart: do you wonder if it's gonna be something like the Zabuza and Haku thing?

Edit: The change of hearts thing reminds me alot of DBZ, then again I think Kishi said once he was influenced/a fan of Dragon Ball.

It's actually very very common for villains to have a change of heart to some degree, I see it in some form in pretty much every show/story.

Lorde
29th November 2012, 12:39 AM
Madara seems to be the only ninja in this manga with any common sense; I really liked his jab at Naruto's incompetence since it was right on the mark. Naruto should be able to handle things on his own, but he's still relying on his friends. That might have been a good thing in the past, but he's putting them all at risk right now.

gliscor&yanmega
29th November 2012, 12:51 AM
Madara seems to be the only ninja in this manga with any common sense; I really liked his jab at Naruto's incompetence since it was right on the mark. Naruto should be able to handle things on his own, but he's still relying on his friends. That might have been a good thing in the past, but he's putting them all at risk right now.

Naruto wasn't the one who told them to help out, they are all there on their own free will(Or Kishi is forcing them). Naruto has always tried to shoulder everything on himself, but this situation isn't about Naruto anymore, it's about survival, Naruto is going to need all the help he can get especially now considering Kurama needs a recharge. Obito and that aren't playing anymore, they don't need Kurama or Gyuki, Naruto and Killerbee can die for all they care now.

-Raiga-
29th November 2012, 4:30 AM
I see no reason for kishimoto to trick fans this way but......couldn't all these allied shinobi we're seeing just be Naruto's shadow clones? When kakashi and the others warned naruto about make a mass of clones, naruto never said he wouldn't do it. Plus he sensed everyone with his sage chakra, so he probably knows what they all look like.

I know it sounds far-fetched, but like obito mentioned, its odd they managed to hide 20,000 people in a forest and madara of all people didn't notice.

Joltik-Kid
29th November 2012, 4:57 AM
I see no reason for kishimoto to trick fans this way but......couldn't all these allied shinobi we're seeing just be Naruto's shadow clones? When kakashi and the others warned naruto about make a mass of clones, naruto never said he wouldn't do it. Plus he sensed everyone with his sage chakra, so he probably knows what they all look like.

I know it sounds far-fetched, but like obito mentioned, its odd they managed to hide 20,000 people in a forest and madara of all people didn't notice.
Pretty sure Naruto doesn't know how to heal people... so that had to be the real Sakura. Also, he can't mind posses someone, so that had to be the real Ino

Kamex
29th November 2012, 7:41 AM
I hope the rest of the Alliance's part in this war doesn't just come down to "everybody use your strongest attack at the same time!!!". I guess sometimes that's useful, but it's always such a bore plot-wise for me... I want to see some strategy.

TsukiMirage
29th November 2012, 7:43 AM

Edit: The change of hearts thing reminds me alot of DBZ, then again I think Kishi said once he was influenced/a fan of Dragon Ball. More like another Nagato. We already have the comparison between Naruto being similar to younger Obito.

We didn't see the entire Alliance reaction to the meteor I don't believe. Gedo also only dealt with one division, plus a bit of two others. While they may have not known stuff like this would happen, they knew they'd be fighting in a war and are expected to continue on strong till the very end, letting the enemy know your afraid is never good. Plus this is pretty typical for a story when the tide shifts in favor of the hero, everyone is confident and all that. We saw it up to the HQ, which was the furthest point away from the battlefield. They all would have felt it. And it wasn't one division, it was three and a half. There's a difference between "continuing on strong" and fighting to win.

The problem is that we had that happen again and again already. There's a point when people overcoming desperation only to fall into it again get's tiresome.

Lorde
29th November 2012, 7:51 AM
I hope the rest of the Alliance's part in this war doesn't just come down to "everybody use your strongest attack at the same time!!!". I guess sometimes that's useful, but it's always such a bore plot-wise for me... I want to see some strategy.

100 bucks says Kakashi will use Kamui to teleport each ninja towards Madara's location so they can each fire their strongest jutsu at him directly.

Crimsonlink
29th November 2012, 8:17 AM
So Juubi will unleash another Bijuu Bomb and kill more than half the alliance next few chapters. The Rookies will all pool chakra together and give it to Naruto. Then Naruto fails and its up to Sasuke and Oro to save the day. Sakura dies in the middle of this, epic battle between Naruto and Sasuke. Manga ends with a bang./ending

Sarcastic/semi-serious predictions aside, the Alliance is just asking to be killed. Did the Konoha Shinobi forget about Kyuubi's attack? There is no Minato to teleport Bijuu Bombs away nor does anyone in the alliance have the defense to block Juubi's attacks. I mean the thing flicked away Bee's bomb like it was a fly back at him! At best they could all pool chakra to block like 3 attacks max.

BTW its obvious that Kishi is going to use that jar or whatever to seal Madara or Tobi.

Also no point in calling Tobi Obito because Obito died when the boulder crushed him. Like literally if it wasn't for the huge *** pull of sinking deeper into the cave and Madara finding him, Obitio pretty much died in that cave. Heck half of him is pure android/plant life.

gliscor&yanmega
29th November 2012, 3:43 PM
We saw it up to the HQ, which was the furthest point away from the battlefield. They all would have felt it. And it wasn't one division, it was three and a half. There's a difference between "continuing on strong" and fighting to win.

The problem is that we had that happen again and again already. There's a point when people overcoming desperation only to fall into it again get's tiresome.

We still didn't see other's reactions, they may have never been informed of it. If they don't know what happened then there's no reason to get all scared from it.

Also, Gedo attacked Darui's divison which had some of Kitsuchi's and Gaara's division, and I suppose some of Mifune's as some of his were in Kitsuchi's division at that time, that doesn't make it three and a half, that makes it one, plus a bit from two, maybe three others.

I don't see what the difference between the two are, you can't fight to the best of your ability if your just going to be scared because of what happened. This is basically a matter of life and death, as of now everything is irrelevant other then staying alive, all fears need to be put aside.

That's how it works, the longer the battle the more it'll happen. It being tiresome is a matter of personal perception, I enjoy it going back and forth like this.

TsukiMirage
29th November 2012, 8:03 PM
We still didn't see other's reactions, they may have never been informed of it. If they don't know what happened then there's no reason to get all scared from it. How could they not have been informed of it when, as said, we know said shockwaved reached all the way to HQ, the furthest station away from the battlefield.

Also, Gedo attacked Darui's divison which had some of Kitsuchi's and Gaara's division, and I suppose some of Mifune's as some of his were in Kitsuchi's division at that time, that doesn't make it three and a half, that makes it one, plus a bit from two, maybe three others. Some? It's not like we only saw just a handful of ninjas arrive. We saw a massive number of ninjas arrive to help against Kingaku< similar to the numbers that were in the divisions themselves.

I don't see what the difference between the two are, you can't fight to the best of your ability if your just going to be scared because of what happened. This is basically a matter of life and death, as of now everything is irrelevant other then staying alive, all fears need to be put aside. Except their not pushing fear aside, which is the point. There should be a feeling of dread at the situation, thus making their effects to keep fighting all the more heroic. Fighting despite having fear is clearly more brave then fighting without any sense of danger.

That's how it works, the longer the battle the more it'll happen. It being tiresome is a matter of personal perception, I enjoy it going back and forth like this. Well for me personally, it's pointless due to ruining any sort of suspense and foreboding.

Lorde
29th November 2012, 8:10 PM
I wonder if Madara/Obito still plan on becoming the Juubi's jinchuriki. It would seem a bit redundant since the Juubi is already strong enough to defeat the Allied Shinobi Forces on its own, but it's apparently needed in order to cast the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Although given that Madara was able to cast a mini-Infinite Tsukuyomi on Obito in the past without the use of the Juubi, I suppose it's possible to cast the full version even without becoming the Juubi's jinchuriki, so long as the castor is still controlling the Juubi of course.

Joltik-Kid
29th November 2012, 8:15 PM
I wonder if Madara/Obito still plan on becoming the Juubi's jinchuriki. It would seem a bit redundant since the Juubi is already strong enough to defeat the Allied Shinobi Forces on its own, but it's apparently needed in order to cast the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Although given that Madara was able to cast a mini-Infinite Tsukuyomi on Obito in the past without the use of the Juubi, I suppose it's possible to cast the full version even without becoming the Juubi's jinchuriki, so long as the castor is still controlling the Juubi of course.
I smell Plot hole

gliscor&yanmega
29th November 2012, 8:37 PM
How could they not have been informed of it when, as said, we know said shockwaved reached all the way to HQ, the furthest station away from the battlefield.

Some? It's not like we only saw just a handful of ninjas arrive. We saw a massive number of ninjas arrive to help against Kingaku< similar to the numbers that were in the divisions themselves.

Except their not pushing fear aside, which is the point. There should be a feeling of dread at the situation, thus making their effects to keep fighting all the more heroic. Fighting despite having fear is clearly more brave then fighting without any sense of danger.

Well for me personally, it's pointless due to ruining any sort of suspense and foreboding.

They didn't have to inform them though, and it didn't seem like they were going to.

I'm not saying "some" in the sense of handfuls, there's 80,000 ninja in the war, "some" is going to be in the thousands. The ninjas that arrived to help were from Kitsuchi's division and Gaara's division, possible Mifune's as well, but it wasn't the entire divisions that went, so it wasn't three and a half.

They were encouraging themselves while going there, they were willingly to help no matter the danger.

TsukiMirage
30th November 2012, 8:25 AM
A massive shockwave flowing across the battlefield is gonna be obvious to everyone unless they were airborne.

There were five main divisions, along with five specialized divisions. Near all of Kitsuchi's division was sent to assist Darui's, along with the end portions of Gaara and Mifune's division. So while not three and a half, at least three total.

They headed there under the knowledge of Naruto fighting Tobi. The introduction of Madara and the revived Juubi clearly change the original situation they believed they were going into.

JJDalts
30th November 2012, 12:49 PM
They headed there under the knowledge of Naruto fighting Tobi. The introduction of Madara and the revived Juubi clearly change the original situation they believed they were going into.

Won't HQ have filled them in? Or do they themselves not know what's happening?

Lorde
30th November 2012, 7:29 PM
I smell Plot hole

It is right now, but Kishi will probably fill it in somehow.

Speaking of which, I don't know if Obito will betray Madara or not, but his comment about Naruto being similar to him was interesting. I thought he'd try and forget about his past since it was filled with sorrow, but I guess he's not really over the past like he says he is. I also wonder if he really meant what he said about making Naruto a Hokage in the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Platinum fan.
30th November 2012, 8:03 PM
I think it would be funny if Naruto and the allied shinobi forces beat the living daylights out of Tobi and Madara, save the day, then go and save Sasuke, who turns good, Sakura actually does something impressive, and Naruto becomes the Hokage of the world. Then we find out it's part of the Juubi's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream thing aka not real. Ultimate trollage. It would be so cruel but awesome at the same time.

TsukiMirage
30th November 2012, 9:33 PM
Won't HQ have filled them in? Or do they themselves not know what's happening? Who knows. They haven't exactly been up on the ball during this war. I suppose they could have been informed and the whole reason they were late was because they were coming up with some battle plan. I would love if that was the case.

Joltik-Kid
1st December 2012, 12:58 AM
I think it would be funny if Naruto and the allied shinobi forces beat the living daylights out of Tobi and Madara, save the day, then go and save Sasuke, who turns good, Sakura actually does something impressive, and Naruto becomes the Hokage of the world. Then we find out it's part of the Juubi's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream thing aka not real. Ultimate trollage. It would be so cruel but awesome at the same time.
Kishi may troll his fans when it comes to certain things, but he's not gonna ruin his own story XD

Shneak
1st December 2012, 3:50 AM
On the off chance that the Moon's Eye is activated, I kind of hope to see:

1) Juubi/Madara/Obito obliterate the entire army with Naruto as the remaining survivor and absorb the Hachibi, but it turns out the genjutsu was already cast and it was just an illusion for Naruto to give up. Kishi seems hesitant to kill people permanently, so this is an option.
2) The army collectively kills Juubi/Madara/Obito, time passes, Naruto becomes Hokage, but it turns out that Madara and Obito dying was an illusion of the genjutsu. That would be a hell of a way to end the series. Would Naruto accomplishing his dream matter if it was fake?

wingzx
1st December 2012, 12:04 PM
On the off chance that the Moon's Eye is activated, I kind of hope to see:

1) Juubi/Madara/Obito obliterate the entire army with Naruto as the remaining survivor and absorb the Hachibi, but it turns out the genjutsu was already cast and it was just an illusion for Naruto to give up. Kishi seems hesitant to kill people permanently, so this is an option.
2) The army collectively kills Juubi/Madara/Obito, time passes, Naruto becomes Hokage, but it turns out that Madara and Obito dying was an illusion of the genjutsu. That would be a hell of a way to end the series. Would Naruto accomplishing his dream matter if it was fake?

honestly only way i can see naruto becoming hokage is if they kill kakashi. he is next in line and obito would be the best person to kill him, i know that sounds horrible and i dont want to see him die but its what i think will happen ><

Lorde
1st December 2012, 8:20 PM
honestly only way i can see naruto becoming hokage is if they kill kakashi. he is next in line and obito would be the best person to kill him, i know that sounds horrible and i dont want to see him die but its what i think will happen ><

Kakashi was only chosen as the Hokage when Danzo died because he was the best candidate at the time. But since Naruto will become the hero of the war, he'll be in a better position to take over as Hokage. So Kakashi doesn't have to die just for Naruto to achieve his dream.

JJDalts
2nd December 2012, 11:58 PM
Kakashi was only chosen as the Hokage when Danzo died because he was the best candidate at the time. But since Naruto will become the hero of the war, he'll be in a better position to take over as Hokage. So Kakashi doesn't have to die just for Naruto to achieve his dream.

Plus Kakashi doesn't really want the job.

Platinum fan.
3rd December 2012, 3:23 AM
Naruto surpassed Kakashi a long time ago so they really don't have to kill Kakashi off just so Naruto can be next in line. I mean Naruto is stronger then the current Hokage right now, so nobody has to die for him to become Hokage. They would simply have a new candidate up for the nomination. I agree that Kakashi does not have to die for Naruto to achieve his dream. He's practically there already. Naruto is the strongest in Konoha right now.

Kamex
3rd December 2012, 4:21 AM
Naruto surpassed Kakashi a long time ago so they really don't have to kill Kakashi off just so Naruto can be next in line. I mean Naruto is stronger then the current Hokage right now, so nobody has to die for him to become Hokage. They would simply have a new candidate up for the nomination. I agree that Kakashi does not have to die for Naruto to achieve his dream. He's practically there already. Naruto is the strongest in Konoha right now.
I don't think being a Kage only requires strength. You have to be wise or experienced to some extent... Gaara seems to know what he's talking about most of the time despite his age and inexperience. Naruto has definitely come a long way in that department, but I'm not certain if he's got what it takes to lead an entire hidden village.

But who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Naruto has displayed more leadership and general knowledge as the series progressed. And it would be hilarious to have a goofball like him make Hokage as a teenager (I can already imagine him commanding the ANBU to drop their current tasks to fetch him some ramen).

Platinum fan.
5th December 2012, 3:38 PM
The latest chapter was pretty good. It was cool seeing all the allied Shinobi team up on the Juubi. I was waiting the entire time to see how Madara and Obito were going to troll the system but I suppose they are saving it for next issue. Overall pretty good teamwork, not a super chapter but unity was strong today. What will happen next and how is Madara going to troll us all in the following issues? And when is Tenten going to steal the show and save the day all herself? The last one was a joke. I wonder when we'll get a update on the Kages?

Joltik-Kid
5th December 2012, 5:55 PM
So, medical squad and all long and short range attackers I assume will be taking on Obito while every taijutsu user will take on Madara. Why is it that all of squad 7 fits in both category's?

gliscor&yanmega
5th December 2012, 6:33 PM
Was nice to see the Alliance doing stuff, from what I seen people complained about it though...people would have complained if they did nothing though.

Juubi is changing, can't see it being that drastic of a change though.

I enjoyed the chapter, not really surprised(Aside from Juubi changing) with what happened, it's common enough for such a thing to be done, but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable for me.

I'd imagine the Alliance will take a turn for the worse next chapter though.

lolipiece
5th December 2012, 6:47 PM
This is just going to end in failure...

TsukiMirage
5th December 2012, 7:59 PM
Naruto really needs to stop trying to argue with Madara, he's only proving him right. It was interesting to see the plan the Allied Forces employed, but one would think that if their opponents aren't even trying to counter them, they would realize something is up. Also, it seems they forgot that Madara also has Susanoo, which would make said physical attacks pointless. That aside, it's still nice to see some actual tactics in battle, even if they'll clearly won't succeed. Shame it wasn't Naruto who thought them up though. Alright chapter.

Kamex
5th December 2012, 8:04 PM
I would be pleasantly surprised if next chapter this Shinobi Alliance jutsu actually does something useful other than prove how powerful the Juubi/Madara/Obito is.

Lorde
5th December 2012, 8:12 PM
I guess it was good to see some teamwork for once, but it seems pointless at this point. The Juubi is too strong to be defeated by the Alliance; they probably should have aimed for Madara and Obito before the Juubi. Anyway, it was cool to see just how big some of the clans were. Seems the Sarutobi clan is still holding strong even without Hiruzen and Asuma.

Shneak
5th December 2012, 9:49 PM
- It's funny to imagine them shouting across the distance from the ASF and the Juubi.
- Seems like it's going to be an all-out attack fest.
- The Juubi doesn't need to see anything to attack. You may have forgot that.
- Can't believe this is working.
- Maturity? Okay.

I'm surprised thay they were able to immobilize the Juubi, but I don't expect it to last very long. I wonder what will happen with it now. Maybe it's time for a new jinchuuriki?

uber gon
5th December 2012, 10:03 PM
Darn and here I thought that laser circus jutsu was a wind element.

Kamex
5th December 2012, 11:05 PM
Darn and here I thought that laser circus jutsu was a wind element.
I'm surprised so many ninja were able to use Storm Style considering it's a Kekkei Genkai.

Banana Knight Arthur
5th December 2012, 11:09 PM
I guess it was good to see some teamwork for once, but it seems pointless at this point. The Juubi is too strong to be defeated by the Alliance; they probably should have aimed for Madara and Obito before the Juubi. Anyway, it was cool to see just how big some of the clans were. Seems the Sarutobi clan is still holding strong even without Hiruzen and Asuma.

The situation is tacky no matter the viewing angle.

Madara and the Juubi are so hyped that now this lame, 100,000 ninjas need to attack or we stand no chance of victory tactic is pushed upon us...

Crimsonlink
6th December 2012, 3:07 AM
So Juubi will destroy the Alliance easily. Can we switch back to Sasuke and Orochimaru? It feels like they will be more interesting. >.>

Also Kishi why the hell did you put random faces in the first page? Why not show people we know?

Lorde
6th December 2012, 4:09 AM
I'm surprised so many ninja were able to use Storm Style considering it's a Kekkei Genkai.

They were all members of Darui's clan apparently. And the Lava Release users were members of Kurotsuchi's clan. I just wish Kishi would think of new Storm Release jutsu; Laser Circus has been used three times now if I remember correctly. At least Lava Release is more varied.

Shneak
6th December 2012, 10:56 PM
Can we switch back to Sasuke and Orochimaru? It feels like they will be more interesting. >.>

If all we're going to get is lazy foreshadowing, I don't think so. They can show up when there's a Team Taka reunion.

Lorde
7th December 2012, 6:43 AM
Wait, there's something I don't get. How did the Alliance learn about the time limit of Obito's Space–Time Migration technique? Only Konan knew that it only lasted five minutes and while Kakashi obviously knows that it's related to Kamui, he shouldn't know the time limit since he's never used the technique to phase through objects.

Kamex
7th December 2012, 7:29 AM
Wait, there's something I don't get. How did the Alliance learn about the time limit of Obito's Space–Time Migration technique? Only Konan knew that it only lasted five minutes and while Kakashi obviously knows that it's related to Kamui, he shouldn't know the time limit since he's never used the technique to phase through objects.
It's possible that someone else who fought him at some point was able to figure that out. I think Kishi just didn't think about it until he decided on the Alliance's current game plan.

Shneak
8th December 2012, 4:59 AM

Yeah, this is a plot hole. Unless Konan lives.

Platinum fan.
8th December 2012, 5:23 AM

I agree with this. Plot hole that Masashi hopes nobody will pick up on XD

Kamex
8th December 2012, 11:11 AM
Konan's "will" lives on in Naruto and the Shinobi Alliance. So they just... know.

7 tyranitars
8th December 2012, 6:49 PM
It's possible that someone else who fought him at some point was able to figure that out. I think Kishi just didn't think about it until he decided on the Alliance's current game plan.

Konan said that Amegakure would help atleast Naruto to take out akatsuki, it could be that she gave that information to Konaha.

Lorde
8th December 2012, 9:23 PM
Konan said that Amegakure would help atleast Naruto to take out akatsuki, it could be that she gave that information to Konaha.

Then the Alliance should have mentioned that instead of acting like they magically discovered Obito's weakness on their own. But then again this is Kishi we're talking about; he never gives female characters credit for anything.

TsukiMirage
9th December 2012, 2:14 AM
Konan said that Amegakure would help atleast Naruto to take out akatsuki, it could be that she gave that information to Konaha. But as far as we've seen, Kakashi and co weren't aware of that limit, and he would have been the one to know if anyone. A whole lot of focus went into them figuring out a different way to land a blow, which wouldn't make sense if they already knew how to overcome his ability.

Kamex
9th December 2012, 4:08 AM
Possibly, but that would have been impressive considering she died at the end of that battle. She would have had to sneak the info out before her death, similar to Jiraiya's intel about the nature of Pain. This is assuming she learned the time limit of Kamui during that battle.

TsukiMirage
9th December 2012, 9:33 PM
Konan was aware of the time limit before her final battle. She had learnt it after years of observing Obito. So at the very least, she could have given it before her death. The problem is simply there's no indication of her doing so.

Kamex
10th December 2012, 1:07 AM
Konan was aware of the time limit before her final battle. She had learnt it after years of observing Obito.
Hm... yeah, after rereading the chapter I guess that is the case.

SharpedoX
10th December 2012, 7:28 PM
Anyone else excited about the current anime saga, Chikara? I think it has potential considering Hidan's back. Can't get enough of his personality. I wonder if Kakuzu's dialogue about him staying alive will change or will anyone make a direct reference to the fact of having already met him. I also wonder how will Naruto cope with Utakata's death and how he's a jinchuuriki. In a certain way, the anime still was a way to surprise us.

Chingchar
10th December 2012, 8:00 PM
What ever happened to the kage did Tsunade ever heal them or what?

Lorde
10th December 2012, 8:35 PM
What ever happened to the kage did Tsunade ever heal them or what?

She probably did, but they won't arrive until the plot requires it. I just hope Tsunade survives after she finishes healing them; Katsuyu said she could repair Tsunade's body, so I hope she was successful. We still need to learn about Shikkotsu Forest and "Slug" Sage Mode anyway, so Tsunade shouldn't die yet.

Platinum fan.
10th December 2012, 10:51 PM
We may not get a Slug Mode due to nobody important enough to actually use it. I'm sure Tsunade would have used it already if she had it.

Joltik-Kid
11th December 2012, 4:17 AM
We may not get a Slug Mode due to nobody important enough to actually use it. I'm sure Tsunade would have used it already if she had it.
Which is unfortunate to be honest... Because Kish really needs to make his main heroin a heroin again ^_^;

justinjiaxinghu
11th December 2012, 9:56 AM
When will Sasuke show up? He just revived Orochimaru and that snake "brought" him somewhere...I think Naruto and his fellow shinobi need some backup when the Juubi reaches the "perfect" form :P

TsukiMirage
11th December 2012, 5:21 PM
At best, Sasuke will appear when the Allied Forces are at their lowest. And given Kishi's habit of revealing surprising in the chapter after the New Year, we should have several chapters before the Juubi goes prefect.

Joltik-Kid
11th December 2012, 7:03 PM
When will Sasuke show up? He just revived Orochimaru and that snake "brought" him somewhere...I think Naruto and his fellow shinobi need some backup when the Juubi reaches the "perfect" form :P
Not sure why Sasuke would offer back up... He still wants to destroy Konoha

TsukiMirage
11th December 2012, 10:47 PM
Not sure why Sasuke would offer back up... He still wants to destroy Konoha Last we saw, it appeared as if he had begun to reconsider that goal. At least, it seem as if he wanted more answers before going through with it.

Lorde
12th December 2012, 12:42 AM

Don't say that; we must ~believe~ that it'll be shown. Maybe Sakura will use it. I know it's a stretch, but I really want at least one female character to get some redemption. :x

justinjiaxinghu
12th December 2012, 2:06 AM
Last we saw, it appeared as if he had begun to reconsider that goal. At least, it seem as if he wanted more answers before going through with it.

Yeah, that's true. Do you guys think Orochimaru will help? He seems to start to..um...like Sasuke >.>

Platinum fan.
12th December 2012, 4:41 AM
Don't say that; we must ~believe~ that it'll be shown. Maybe Sakura will use it. I know it's a stretch, but I really want at least one female character to get some redemption. :x

Maybe Tenten will bust it out to save the world. She was the original Tsunade fangirl. I always wondered why she never asked to be trained by Tsunade herself. Maybe it was the fact that she could train herself, I don't know. Anyway the Sage Modes are outclassed by Tailed Beast Modes anyway, but if we somehow do get a Slug Mode, I bet all the necessary training to obtain it will be done off panel and it will be introduced after Madara and Obito's battle unless Tsunade can somehow alter time. We know how sexist Naruto is though.

And for that question about Orochimaru helping. It would be extremely out of character for him to do that. There's not much he can do against Sharingan as we've seen over and over again. So unless he's somehow learned new jutsu's in limbo I don't see it. He's more then likely going to try and steal a Uchiha body at some point, my guess is it will be Madara.

Joltik-Kid
12th December 2012, 7:11 AM
Maybe Tenten will bust it out to save the world. She was the original Tsunade fangirl. I always wondered why she never asked to be trained by Tsunade herself. Maybe it was the fact that she could train herself, I don't know. Anyway the Sage Modes are outclassed by Tailed Beast Modes anyway, but if we somehow do get a Slug Mode, I bet all the necessary training to obtain it will be done off panel and it will be introduced after Madara and Obito's battle unless Tsunade can somehow alter time. We know how sexist Naruto is though.

Call it hax... but that Snake Sage Mode was capable of taking on two Susanoo (in perfect state, it was said to be as powerful as a Tail Beast)... one of them from an Eternal Mangekyō Sharigan user. Plus, Naruto can do certain things in Sage mode that he can't in Tailed Beast mode. I still say Sakura should be Slug mode if ever introduced...

You know what I find funny? The fact that Kishi says he sucks at romance, yet the whole reason the Naruto plot even exists is because of a romantic tension that ended in despair.

Lorde
12th December 2012, 7:55 AM
So the Juubi got unstuck. I'm not surprised; Madara and Obito didn't seem bothered when it got stuck in the first place, so it was only a matter of time before it happened. It seems that the Juubi's attacks can reach practically any location and it seems Shikaku and the others are dead, but at least there's a strategy in place for defeating the Juubi.

Hihiroshi
12th December 2012, 8:12 AM
Wow the ten tails looks more horrendous than before ( actually prefer the first one now ) nice to know that it was only storing power for transformation last chapter when all the barrages of attack was happening last chapter. For those who wanted some death in the war...well here you go though poor Shikamaru and Ino they been having it rough recently.

wingzx
12th December 2012, 8:38 AM
D: my feels. that was so sad >< i really hope the plan works but knowing shikamarus dad im pretty sure it will

Lorde
12th December 2012, 8:45 AM
The Juubi's new transformation is so ugly; I preferred its other form. I'm also really sad that Shikaku and the others died. It's even worse that they knew they were helpless the moment they learned where the Juubi's attack was headed. If I had been them, I would have tried to escape even if it would've been useless. I applaud the HQ ninja for not panicking.

TsukiMirage
12th December 2012, 8:51 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want old Juubi back. New Juubi is just too freaky for me to take seriously. Wasn't expecting the Allied Force's plan to fail that fast. And I really wish Madara would stop playing around. He shouldn't be wasting his time trying to demoralize people when he has the opportunity to instantly win through his plan. Shame Shikaku and Inoichi is dead, but can't say I'm feeling any real emotions from their death. Alright chapter.

Shadow Lucario
12th December 2012, 9:17 AM
And here I thought Shikaku was going to be a Hokage candidate. It sucks that guy did die without doing much to help. First Shikamaru lost his teacher and now his dad. Poor guy.

Kamex
12th December 2012, 10:46 AM
Honestly didn't expect the guys at HQ to be the first important characters to go in this war. It was pretty surprising and sad but it could have been more poignant if it wasn't rushed at the end of the chapter. But I suppose that's just so we won't be informed of their actual plan until it happens. Which, by the way, usually means it will be at least somewhat successful. It won't signal the end of the war, but I'm sure it'll have some positive outcome for the Shinobi Alliance, albeit temporary.

Now I wonder if Chouza will die.

JD
12th December 2012, 11:30 AM
The Jubi is disgusting.. dear lord. And it's too bad that Shikaku and Inoichi died

Lucario At Service
12th December 2012, 12:07 PM
Well i think its obvious that the Juubi would be so ugly in its second stage form because i believe that it haven't finished changing yet. I believe that it would soon reach its final form in most probably 2-3 chapters.

Crimsonlink
12th December 2012, 12:07 PM
Has Kishi been hanging out with Kubo or reading a lot of Bleach? Because all those arms/hollow appearance and that VERY Cero like Bijuu dama makes me think so lol.

Sad to see Shikaku and co die. Screw you Obito, the former Naruto of team Minato can go die a horrible death. I wish Kabuto would have revived Rin just to have her tell Obito what a loser and pathetic person he has become. Like seriously, I dislike Obito just a bit more than Sakura and thats saying something.

Also I really don't see anything out of plot power that can take them out of this situation. I hope you know what you are doing Kishi. Even the Naruto rankings are going down in the TOC.

Locormus
12th December 2012, 12:30 PM
Honestly didn't expect the guys at HQ to be the first important characters to go in this war. It was pretty surprising and sad but it could have been more poignant if it wasn't rushed at the end of the chapter. But I suppose that's just so we won't be informed of their actual plan until it happens. Which, by the way, usually means it will be at least somewhat successful. It won't signal the end of the war, but I'm sure it'll have some positive outcome for the Shinobi Alliance, albeit temporary.

Now I wonder if Chouza will die.

I don't really doubt it. InoShikaChou come as a threesome, and they leave as a threesome... I can't see Chouza not being said and giving up his life to save the alliance.

I think some of the lines got put in the wrong boxes again in the mangapanda version... Ao said 'Keep calm and listen to me'.. That's obviously in the wrong spot. As well as Shikaku's 'That direction is..'-line..

Shikaku: The Shinobi on the battlefield are fighting to protect everyone. They're trying to render that useless. Keep calm and listen to me.
Ao: T-that is..
Inoichi: What happened Ao-dono!?
Ao: That direction is..!!
Shikaku: It's coming here...

They completely rumbled up the page... But this is the way it should flow.. Ao's panicking because he can see/sense what is approaching, while Shikaku already knows what Madara is doing and knows that they're the target and that he'll die..

As for the writing in general, yay.. Kishimoto finally axed some of his long running characters! :D Note how it's always the Jonin/Kage though.. Not counting Itachi/Nagato/Konan as they still were Akatsuki..
- Hiruzen
- Asuma
- Jiraiya
- Shikaku
- Inoichi
- Ao..

The Jubi is disgusting.. dear lord. And it's too bad that Shikaku and Inoichi died

It's supposed to be disgusting.. Disgust turns to fear quite easily..

7 tyranitars
12th December 2012, 12:55 PM
So shukaku, Ao and Inoichi Died... That was quite harsh. The saddest part was the hopelessness. When you read it you knew they where done for.

Chingchar
12th December 2012, 1:26 PM
You're all missing the part about how Madara and Obito were starting to lose control over ten tails! What will happen if it gets stronger then Madara (not that he cares he's immortal) and it just goes on a big unreasonable rampage! I think that then Madara and Obito would have to help the shinobi allied forces stop it or control it or something like that... Still, sad that the guys at HQ died (I suppose Danzo would happy that Ao doesn't have the byakugan any more) and I thought it was a good chapter.

Locormus
12th December 2012, 1:57 PM
You're all missing the part about how Madara and Obito were starting to lose control over ten tails! What will happen if it gets stronger then Madara (not that he cares he's immortal) and it just goes on a big unreasonable rampage! I think that then Madara and Obito would have to help the shinobi allied forces stop it or control it or something like that... Still, sad that the guys at HQ died (I suppose Danzo would happy that Ao doesn't have the byakugan any more) and I thought it was a good chapter.

It's all just set up so that the alliance can beat them.. -.- If Kishi went with the full described strength of the Juubi, then the alliance would never be able to defeat it. Thus, he needs to create a circumstance where the Juubi is actually weakened, as in out of control/whack, and then with something as clichéd as the 'legacy solution'.. aka 'Jiraiya's code', 'Itachi's poke', 'Dan's magic chakra burst', 'Tsunade's last ditch Kage-save', and of course, the mother of all: 'Minato and Kushina's gift to Naruto'..

All are solutions to problems that would otherwise be unbeatable, that came when the giver was dieing, which in turn ensures its success. Otherwise it would just be immoral of Kishi, and would make the characters tragic, which in this case doesn't apply, while it did to Konan and Nagato for example. 'Hq's last plan before death' is just another one in the line of Jiraiya's code and Minato and Kushina's gift to Naruto.

Platinum fan.
12th December 2012, 2:05 PM
The Juubi's new form looks like a Hollow from Bleach mixed with some reject from Digimon and Yugioh mixed together. But the chapter was alright. The Juubi not being under full control will certainly be part of the way to defeat it. I did like how the thing could attack far away places. It's to bad Shikaku and his team got killed. First death of main characters from this war arc. Don't really have much else to say on the matter other then the new form was ugly as anything but then again I think that is what Kishi was going for. I was waiting las chapter to see how Madara was going to troll everyone and this is it. Poor Shikamaru and Ino losing their dads. I wonder what strategy Shikaku was giving them. I assume in those panels with Shikamaru's expressions he was giving him a plan to follow and we'll learn it later, right?

TsukiMirage
12th December 2012, 6:35 PM
Well i think its obvious that the Juubi would be so ugly in its second stage form because i believe that it haven't finished changing yet. I believe that it would soon reach its final form in most probably 2-3 chapters. It's probably appears as it does because it's missing the Hachibi and Kyuubi portion of it's chakra.

So shukaku, Ao and Inoichi Died... That was quite harsh. The saddest part was the hopelessness. When you read it you knew they where done for. Don't forget the most important one, Mabui.

gliscor&yanmega
12th December 2012, 6:59 PM
I must thank Kishi for the birthday present, I loved it.

Juubi looks so beautifully disgusting.

I'm starting to think again that Juubi will end up going rouge, Madara noted the difficulty of controlling Juubi now, if it's going to change again...they probably wont have their toy anymore.

And it seems like Shikaku, Inochi, and Ao have died, so long as nothing happens to stop that, which I doubt.

lolipiece
12th December 2012, 8:19 PM
And with that, the Ten-tails becomes the stupidest looking anything that this manga has produced.

I'd care over Shikaku's death...but he barely appears in this series anyway.

Lorde
12th December 2012, 9:22 PM
I'm a little peeved that Madara is telling Obito what to do; it's weird having two villains plus the Juubi. Someone's got to go soon. And I keep thinking how funny it would be if one of the Juubi's blasts killed Sasuke and the others. Of course it would never happen, but it would kill two birds with one stone. :p

Shneak
12th December 2012, 9:50 PM
- Shoot, the scanlations don't know what they want. Head or Mind?
- The Juubi transforms into an even uglier thing. Nice onion shell and tentacle rape head.
- Oh, it got Picasso'd as well. Cute.
- Whoa.
- Oh my god. Are there actual deaths that are going to happen right now?
- It happened. Oh god.

I didn't expect that at all. I don't even like Shikaku that much but this chapter was still effective. Shikamaru and Ino have had to put up with a lot of crap in this war.

-Raiga-
13th December 2012, 12:28 AM
It's kinda difficult to believe that whatever Orochimaru and sasuke are looking for is important enough anymore, when you consider that very planet is being ripped apart.

I'm assuming Kishimoto's just gonna leave them alone for the whole rest of the arc, as it'll have more bearing over the naruto/sasuke one presumably.

J Ken
13th December 2012, 12:31 AM
I like how Mdara talked about the basics. (It reminded me of Trip). It is sad that Shikaku and Inoichi die already, of everyone I expected a Kage to die first. The Ten Tail's new form is kinda ridiculous, but it is still awesome. I hope that Sasuke and Oroichimaru come by and help out the Alliance. But seriously what kind of threat are Sasuke and Orochimaru compared to Obito, Madara and the Ten Tails?

HoennMaster
13th December 2012, 3:08 AM
I'm starting to get really curious as to how this battle will end. Kishi loves to build up a sense of complete hopelessness and then pull something out. I wonder how Obito and Madara learned the location of HQ to begin with.

TsukiMirage
13th December 2012, 6:34 AM
Natural energy or Rinnegan sensory, they had reasonable options to sense HQ.

JJDalts
13th December 2012, 12:34 PM
Maybe the location of HQ was part of the intel Kisame delivered.

Would have been nice to mention how they knew.

Locormus
13th December 2012, 1:26 PM
Yeah.. I see many statements about how the Juubi is now butt ugly. But isn't that the intention? If it looked cool, it wouldn't be half as horrifying..

Platinum fan.
13th December 2012, 3:08 PM
I like how Mdara talked about the basics. (It reminded me of Trip). It is sad that Shikaku and Inoichi die already, of everyone I expected a Kage to die first. The Ten Tail's new form is kinda ridiculous, but it is still awesome. I hope that Sasuke and Oroichimaru come by and help out the Alliance. But seriously what kind of threat are Sasuke and Orochimaru compared to Obito, Madara and the Ten Tails?

I don't know about Orochimaru, but Sasuke is still pretty dangerous. He's a Uchiha which means there is nothing he can't do and given the plot loves him as much as it loves Naruto, I'd say Sasuke is still a big threat. If he's the final villain of the series then he will surpass Obito/Tobi and Madara. How, I don't know but he'll find a way.

Lorde
13th December 2012, 9:30 PM
Maybe the location of HQ was part of the intel Kisame delivered.

Would have been nice to mention how they knew.

I bet someone else will get credit just like how Kakashi got credit for figuring out part of Obito's intangibility jutsu instead of Sakura. Poor Kisame just isn't important enough to be mentioned apparently.

-Raiga-
13th December 2012, 9:54 PM
I don't know about Orochimaru, but Sasuke is still pretty dangerous. He's a Uchiha which means there is nothing he can't do and given the plot loves him as much as it loves Naruto, I'd say Sasuke is still a big threat. If he's the final villain of the series then he will surpass Obito/Tobi and Madara. How, I don't know but he'll find a way.

Well, I think that's the point of both J Ken's and my posts, is that Sasuke CAN/WILL become a logical threat. Right now, you have something that looks to 10X the strength of madara running around on the battlefield, I don't think Sasuke can compare.

Shneak
13th December 2012, 11:03 PM
Isn't the Headquarters relatively close to the battlefield that Muu and the other previous Kages fought near?

Skiks
14th December 2012, 1:24 AM
Honestly if Kishimoto has any writing ability left in him he should allow Sasuke finally find peace in his heart and help Naruto out. Thats actually where I thought this was heading when he went off with Orochimaru. Sasuke just became a terrible character when he was only filled with rage.

Kamex
14th December 2012, 6:37 AM
I'm a little peeved that Madara is telling Obito what to do; it's weird having two villains plus the Juubi. Someone's got to go soon.
To be honest, I'm not sure why Obito cared about bringing Madara back to life in the first place. Perhaps he might have been defeated had Madara never arrived, but theoretically couldn't Obito have finished the Moon's Eye Plan on his own?

Anyways, it seems both Obito and Sasuke will potentially return to the light and redeem themselves. I'm guessing the only difference is Obito will die, and Sasuke will live on beyond the end of the story. But I don't think Orochimaru and Madara will be redeemed... at least not Madara (although I still feel like we're missing a lot on Madara's true motivations and intentions and back story).

J Ken
15th December 2012, 4:51 AM
I believe that Sasuke has the potential to be better then Obito or Madara but I just wonder how Naruto and Sasuke are going to have their final battle? From what we have seen Naruto far surpasses Sasuke in strength and ability, what kind of upgrade could Sasuke possibly get in such a short time to match Naruto?

Shadow Lucario
15th December 2012, 6:23 AM
From what we have seen Naruto far surpasses Sasuke in strength and ability, what kind of upgrade could Sasuke possibly get in such a short time to match Naruto?

That's where I disagree. Sure Naruto has improved, but Sasuke hasn't been exactly stayed in the exact same spot. He was able to hold his own against two of four Kages and then go on to kill another one. That's not something most people can say they've done. Naruto DOES have his Kyuubi cloak, but then Sasuke has his Susanoo. And now that he has Itachi's eyes he can use his Mangekyou Sharingan without worrying about going blind. If anything I would say they're around the same level if not the same level of skill.

J Ken
15th December 2012, 7:48 AM
That's where I disagree. Sure Naruto has improved, but Sasuke hasn't been exactly stayed in the exact same spot. He was able to hold his own against two of four Kages and then go on to kill another one. That's not something most people can say they've done. Naruto DOES have his Kyuubi cloak, but then Sasuke has his Susanoo. And now that he has Itachi's eyes he can use his Mangekyou Sharingan without worrying about going blind. If anything I would say they're around the same level if not the same level of skill.

We have yet to see Sasuke's full potential at this point so we don't know if they are still on the same level. Even if they aren't Sasuke will find a way to close the gap in their strength.

Crimsonlink
15th December 2012, 8:10 AM
Physical abilities, Naruto has the edge because of the nature of his style and chakra. But Sasuke owns him in everything else including weapons and seals.

TsukiMirage
15th December 2012, 10:20 AM
Considering neither Obito or Madara have had trouble going one on one with Naruto's new powers, I seriously doubt Sasuke will have much trouble when the time comes.

Crimsonlink
15th December 2012, 11:14 AM
I know, physical abilities never bothered Sasuke as seen when he was fighting the Raikage who was stronger and faster than him.

Platinum fan.
15th December 2012, 2:56 PM
If we remember Sasuke does have physical training. It was shown in the Chunin exam when he fought Gaara. True he hasn't had to use that kind of fighting since he's mastered Sharingan powers but it's still a option for him. And we can't really say Naruto and Sasuke have surpassed each other until we really see the two battle. Sasuke in a weakened state after fighting the Kages, Danzo, and Kakashi was still able to repel Naruto's Rasengan. Yeah, I'm sure Naruto wasn't trying to kill him, but that still shows how tough Sasuke is. And everytime it looks like Naruto has surpassed Sasuke, Sasuke gets a upgrade to question the idea. Like after Naruto beat Pain, defeating Sasuke shouldn't be that hard now right? Sasuke then goes to fight the freaking Gokages and holds his own against them for a good while. Naruto and Sasuke keep improving so I'd say they are equal until we see them fight full force. Whoever the plot armor is stonger with shall win.

As far as Sasuke and Obito redeeming themselves goes, I actually could see them both turning back to the light. I mean Sasuke should at least. I also predict if that happens Orochimaru will somehow steal Madara's body and become the final big bad of the series and finally get his Sharingan. If you want Sharingan they don't get much better then Madara's.

Lorde
15th December 2012, 9:12 PM
To be honest, I'm not sure why Obito cared about bringing Madara back to life in the first place. Perhaps he might have been defeated had Madara never arrived, but theoretically couldn't Obito have finished the Moon's Eye Plan on his own?

I'm not sure if he truly planned on resurrecting Madara in the first place. I mean he did mention that Nagato was supposed to use Rinne Tensei for something else which hints that it was supposed to be used to revive Madara, but he seemed upset that Kabuto had gone ahead and resurrected Madara on his own. He probably didn't plan on reviving Madara but now that he's back anyway, he's working with him to ensure that the plan goes smoothly. I bet deep down he knows that Madara's plan differs from his own though.

TsukiMirage
16th December 2012, 12:01 AM
Obito was probably upset with Kabuto simply because he didn't like the idea of Kabuto having Edo Madara as a tool against him. As far as we've seen, Madara appears the only one capable of initiating the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Locormus
16th December 2012, 9:40 PM
I bet someone else will get credit just like how Kakashi got credit for figuring out part of Obito's intangibility jutsu instead of Sakura. Poor Kisame just isn't important enough to be mentioned apparently.

What did Sakura have to do with that? :S

If we remember Sasuke does have physical training. It was shown in the Chunin exam when he fought Gaara. True he hasn't had to use that kind of fighting since he's mastered Sharingan powers but it's still a option for him. And we can't really say Naruto and Sasuke have surpassed each other until we really see the two battle. Sasuke in a weakened state after fighting the Kages, Danzo, and Kakashi was still able to repel Naruto's Rasengan. Yeah, I'm sure Naruto wasn't trying to kill him, but that still shows how tough Sasuke is. And everytime it looks like Naruto has surpassed Sasuke, Sasuke gets a upgrade to question the idea. Like after Naruto beat Pain, defeating Sasuke shouldn't be that hard now right? Sasuke then goes to fight the freaking Gokages and holds his own against them for a good while. Naruto and Sasuke keep improving so I'd say they are equal until we see them fight full force. Whoever the plot armor is stonger with shall win.

As far as Sasuke and Obito redeeming themselves goes, I actually could see them both turning back to the light. I mean Sasuke should at least. I also predict if that happens Orochimaru will somehow steal Madara's body and become the final big bad of the series and finally get his Sharingan. If you want Sharingan they don't get much better then Madara's.

That's actually quite a nice deal there...

Obito/Madara: Obito sacrifices himself to take Madara down.
Orochimaru steals Madara's body
Naruto and Sasuke team up to finally bring down the last, and by this time Tsunade will have died, Sennin! :D

Lorde
16th December 2012, 10:39 PM

She was the first to comment that Tobi's intangibility jutsu sent parts of his body into other spaces, which is what Kakashi regurgitated and took credit for discovering.

Joltik-Kid
17th December 2012, 7:32 AM
As Ciccone said (and as I brought up many pages ago) Sakura was indeed the first to figure out how Obito dodged Naruto's Rasengan without moving. Can't remember the exact chapter, but it was during the Itachi Pursuit arc

Shadow Lucario
17th December 2012, 8:45 AM
Here it is. Sakura explaining Obito's Jutsu.

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-400-10/naruto/chapter-395.html

Kamex
17th December 2012, 10:03 AM
I dunno... it looks to me that even back then, Kakashi was the first to realize Obito used Space/Time Ninjutsu. Sakura simply explained it in detail. So... maybe Kakashi took credit for the discovery from Sakura after she took credit for the discovery from him the first time lol.

miles0624
17th December 2012, 6:28 PM
I dunno... it looks to me that even back then, Kakashi was the first to realize Obito used Space/Time Ninjutsu. Sakura simply explained it in detail. So... maybe Kakashi took credit for the discovery from Sakura after she took credit for the discovery from him the first time lol.

Boo. Give sakura her credit. You know she will never get any others because Kishi hates her.

Joltik-Kid
18th December 2012, 6:42 AM
Boo. Give sakura her credit. You know she will never get any others because Kishi hates her.
Kishi doesn't hate her... she's the main heroin

TsukiMirage
18th December 2012, 7:16 AM
She got KO by a rock this chapter. I'd say Kishi has something against her.

lolipiece
18th December 2012, 12:41 PM
.........Neji, no!

Kill someone not important and boring! Not him!

...Wait, the Ten-tails is going to change again? Thank God. It looks stupid now. Maybe then it'll look actually threatening.

7 tyranitars
18th December 2012, 1:41 PM
No way... Neji?!

I can trully say I didn't expect that..

Well to the people who complained that Kishi didn't cause any significant deaths, it seems all you had to do was wait.

insanejames
18th December 2012, 1:49 PM
.........Neji, no!

...Wait, the Ten-tails is going to change again? Thank God. It looks stupid now. Maybe then it'll look actually threatening.

Neji, wow i guess if no main charters died it would be boring. but wow i did like Neji

and i agree it whit the ten tails statement it looks like a cat i messed up one but at cat none the less (to me)

any one want to guess who dies next i thing another one of the Konoha 11 i hope not though one main charter is enough

Platinum fan.
18th December 2012, 3:19 PM
I didn't know the chapter was up already. What a surprise. Anyway, finally some emotion to this war. I'm sorry to sound like such a *** but this war arc needed some emotion and heart to it so I can get behind the characters winning the day. My only gripe is the characters you kill off, at least make sure they did something amazing in the war arc before killing them off. That being said I'm sad if Neji really does die. I really liked Neji's character and enjoyed his run as a main character. He cheated death once with Kidomaru, maybe he'll do the same here too. But if he doesn't this is a powerful blow. I also enjoyed how it was Naruto and Hinata he ended up saving. Neji was a awesome character and I still like the Byakugan over Sharingan. Hyuuga's unite!

Is it just me or are they already teasing Madara needing a new body, hinting at a possible Orochimaru take over, in the case og Obito betraying him? It's like it slapped me in the face.

7 tyranitars
18th December 2012, 6:20 PM
I didn't know the chapter was up already. What a surprise. Anyway, finally some emotion to this war. I'm sorry to sound like such a *** but this war arc needed some emotion and heart to it so I can get behind the characters winning the day. My only gripe is the characters you kill off, at least make sure they did something amazing in the war arc before killing them off. That being said I'm sad if Neji really does die. I really liked Neji's character and enjoyed his run as a main character. He cheated death once with Kidomaru, maybe he'll do the same here too. But if he doesn't this is a powerful blow. I also enjoyed how it was Naruto and Hinata he ended up saving. Neji was a awesome character and I still like the Byakugan over Sharingan. Hyuuga's unite!

Is it just me or are they already teasing Madara needing a new body, hinting at a possible Orochimaru take over, in the case og Obito betraying him? It's like it slapped me in the face.

Not likely, his seal disapeared.

BJPalmer85
18th December 2012, 6:33 PM
Not likely, his seal disapeared.

it could happen, like what pain did for Konoha

I'm mad Neji died, he was my favorite character

B

Jb
18th December 2012, 6:45 PM
Don't worry. Neji will be back. Kishi will just pull another Dragon Ball and revive him at some point.

Endless
18th December 2012, 6:54 PM
it could happen, like what pain did for Konoha

I'm mad Neji died, he was my favorite character

B

Kishi can't become a worse writer then if he pulls another Nagato and let Obito save everyone that died with his Rinnegan. That would seriously kill off the manga.

Anyway, I liked the chapter and finally the killing starts, with the two dads last time and Neji now. Really shows that the war is actually two-sided. I also like that there is some tension between Madara and Obito, I wonder who will betray the other first?

gliscor&yanmega
18th December 2012, 7:54 PM
Don't worry. Neji will be back. Kishi will just pull another Dragon Ball and revive him at some point.

Or he could not do that. While he did it with Nagato, he still has killed characters and left them dead, plenty of times. We'll just have to wait and see what happens, he could come back with whoever else is going to die, or they could all stay dead.

Kishi must be a sociopath or something, he keeps killing Animals, that bird was just minding it's own business, and then it gets hit with a wood spike.

Juubi going to change again at some point, I hope it looks even more ugly.

TsukiMirage
18th December 2012, 9:08 PM
Wow, another named death and this time it's one of the rookies. Wasn't expecting it, but glad that it happen. Not only Neji, but Hiashi and Hinata all got some good airtime. We also learn that because he's an Edo summon, Madara can't become a Jinchuuriki or finish his plan without Obito, and Obito seems to have gotten cocky about that fact. And his comment to Naruto at the end of the chapter was nice. Very nice chapter.

Locormus
18th December 2012, 9:17 PM
Here it is. Sakura explaining Obito's Jutsu.

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-400-10/naruto/chapter-395.html

Classic case of PIB: Plot Induced Brains...

.........Neji, no!

Yes Neji! Boring was his middle name! Destiny is a crap theme to have...

Again, the Juubi might look stupid, but it really isn't. It's actually quite gruesome, horrifying. If something that big, we're talking skyscraper here people, has either a single eye, or a pair of eyes, is it really going to matter much how much you're going to crap in your pants? Like honestly, I can guarantee that Kishi made the Juubi to be offputting just for that reason. If the Juubi was all streamlined, and had a symmetrical design, he wouldn't be half as offputting, aka not half as scary.

Be honest, if you saw something like this in real life, wouldn't you piss yourself either? Would you honestly go: 'well that looks stupid.. -.-'. No, of course not.. This thing can destroy the entire world, with ease, and you can't even tell what it is, nor the real extent of what it is capable off, nor how to deal with it. How is that not terrifying.

No way... Neji?!

I can trully say I didn't expect that..

Well to the people who complained that Kishi didn't cause any significant deaths, it seems all you had to do was wait.

Yes Neji! And watch him be revived by the end of this, as Obito's final FU to Madara: "Screw you and your Rinnegan/EMS/Senju DNA! I'm using my deathsentence to revive some kid with a freaking Byakugan! HA! Just watch! I'm really going to do it! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!" Madara: "You effing ****! You think that's going to redeeeeeem your whole existance!? You're nothing!!! NOTHING!!!" Sasuke walks by: "Ah, so that's how this all started.. Should've known that a poorly orchestrated plotpull was behind my falling out of whack.. Naruto, I'm sorry.. Kage's I'm sorry.. Now lets kick some anscestorial behind!" NaruSuke: "FuuRaiton Rasendori!!!" Madara: "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn you meddling kids!!!" *gurglegurglegurgle* Madara: "Must send code to... tell.. the.... secr.. Sasuke: "No you won't fool.. -Pierces neck with katakana-walks away...

- But Madara gets up again and stabs Sasuke in the back!!! But oh wait, Konohamaru jumps in front and takes the blow! Sasuke turns around with a look on his face as if he just crapped in seven different colors.. Naruto: "DAMN YOU MADARA!!! But hey Sasuke, this is pretty darn poetic, Konoha saved your life buddy!" Sasuke: STFU... -.-

We still have a mentally unstable character with a Rinnegan waltzing around mentioning Rinne Tensei.. Unless that gets totally revolved, I'm not buying into any supposed significant deaths yet... Kakashi got saved too many times already, he needs to die.

Neji, wow i guess if no main charters died it would be boring. but wow i did like Neji

and i agree it whit the ten tails statement it looks like a cat i messed up one but at cat none the less (to me)

any one want to guess who dies next i thing another one of the Konoha 11 i hope not though one main charter is enough

Shino... Shino is going to die next.. Or Akamaru, or not.. That would be too harsh.. Maybe Kiba's sister, I could see that happening..

Kishi obviously got the memo from his editors that apparently, nobody from the good guys that weren't already dead, had died.. Hence why we get this crap killings two chapters in a row.. Heck, even Neji's final words felt latched on, because they were said in this freaking chapter: 'Neji is a genius', the hell is that? But now that Kishi is obviously backtracking through the teams, it's semi obvious who is going to feel the hurt next:

- Team 7: None can get hurt, but Sakura get KO'd by a rock apparently, and Kakashi is always on the brink of death, hence why he hasn't appeared in this chapter substantially.
- Team 8: NO CASUALTIES YET... Well, if you don't count Neji dieing affecting Hinata much though.. When you think of it, killing of Neji struck two teams. Smart move Kishi! xD
- Team 10: Lets see, Asuma, Shikaku and Inoichi's death affect both kids, so Chouza is another likely target as well.
- Team Gai: Neji just kicked the bucket, I'm sure Tenten and Lee will survive, but Gai has the Kakashi thing, if Kakashi dies, we wouldn't be able to say what he would do.

So if anything, killing of Neji indirectly affected Team 8 as well, through the Hyuuga-cousin link. So the fair way to go would be killing off Kakashi at this point, or Sai, because nobody would miss Sai. Eitherway, Team 7 isn't feeling the hurt enough, as made evident by Obito's statement apparently.. I still think that Team 8 is going to get another loss though, hence why I nominated Shino, and Kiba's sister/mother+mutt, whatever..

Thank god Neji hasn't died before.. Excluding miraculous survival from Kidomaru's stick of death. Before you know it and Naruto is on to space travelling to different worlds to find magical balls.. xD

Kishi can't become a worse writer then if he pulls another Nagato and let Obito save everyone that died with his Rinnegan. That would seriously kill off the manga.

Anyway, I liked the chapter and finally the killing starts, with the two dads last time and Neji now. Really shows that the war is actually two-sided. I also like that there is some tension between Madara and Obito, I wonder who will betray the other first?

Obito is obviously going to be Talk No Jutsu'd, and Madara is obviously going to say: Don't fall for that you effing ****! And then Obito Rinnegan's EVERYBODY, Madara is PO'd, takes Orochimaru's body, and is the final villain cheapened like wine and white bread... -.-

Lorde
18th December 2012, 9:23 PM
I'm surprised that Neji died; I was sure Kishi would allow him and Naruto's other comrades to survive. I was even more surprised by what Obito said; it seems he's in control of the situation for now and he pretty much confirmed that he's doing things his own way without influence from Madara.

Shneak
18th December 2012, 10:13 PM
- Early chapter! I feel like I've developed a sixth sense that tells me subconsciously when one is early.
- Is Naruto stupid, or did Shikaku only broadcast it to Ino-Shika-Cho?
- Hyuuga's are actually getting treatment? Whoa.
- Realtalk with Madara and Obito. Glad they're revealing their weakness.
- Oh, *****. If this isn't foreshadowing, I don't know what is.
- LOL @ Sakura getting saved by Kakashi.
- What!? Is that Neji?
- "You're the Hyuugas" Well, this has to symbolize something.
- Flashbacks. He's dying. :(
- Holy mother ****.

I'm floored. I thought Kishi had brought his wrath last week and wouldn't actually have the balls to kill any main character. Wow. It sucks to see Neji go like this.

7 tyranitars
18th December 2012, 10:50 PM
- Early chapter! I feel like I've developed a sixth sense that tells me subconsciously when one is early.
- Is Naruto stupid, or did Shikaku only broadcast it to Ino-Shika-Cho?
- Hyuuga's are actually getting treatment? Whoa.
- Realtalk with Madara and Obito. Glad they're revealing their weakness.
- Oh, *****. If this isn't foreshadowing, I don't know what is.
- LOL @ Sakura getting saved by Kakashi.
- What!? Is that Neji?
- "You're the Hyuugas" Well, this has to symbolize something.
- Flashbacks. He's dying. :(
- Holy mother ****.

I'm floored. I thought Kishi had brought his wrath last week and wouldn't actually have the balls to kill any main character. Wow. It sucks to see Neji go like this.

I think he suprised most people with this lol.

multi-scale
19th December 2012, 12:11 AM
This is the single best chapter of manga I have read in weeks.

LizardonX
19th December 2012, 12:13 AM
Oh so Neji died? Finally some non mook bit the bullet. I wanted it to be Rock lee doing a 8 gate ultimate jutsu to be the first.

NaCl
19th December 2012, 12:15 AM
Oh so Neji died? Finally some non mook bit the bullet. I wanted it to be Rock lee doing a 8 gate ultimate jutsu to be the first.
I wanted Sakura to die. Seriously. That girl is a huge *****.

LizardonX
19th December 2012, 12:17 AM

I have long given up hope for sasuke's eventual girlfriend to die. that ks if naruto doesnt take him as his husband first

Kamex
19th December 2012, 12:18 AM
NOOOOO NEJI, MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!!!!

Actually, ironically enough, I'm glad Neji died because he's my favorite character, rather than despite it. It gives him a little more depth in a sea of forgotten main characters, and he had an honorable end to his life. Everything about how it happened and what he said was perfect, a satisfying end.

I'm also very pleased to see Obito showing the individuality and villainous independence that almost seemed to disappear since Tobi took off his mask. Showing Madara that he's not just his lapdog-follower proves that they're both probably "using" each other for their own ends. That being said, I'm pretty sure Madara is just letting Obito feel in control until he gets his chance to steal Obito's body or betray him some other way. I must admit, having two conflicting bad guys is always interesting to me.

GREAT CHAPTER!!

Lorde
19th December 2012, 12:25 AM

She's one of the main characters even if she isn't as involved as Naruto or Sasuke. There's no way she's dying; she has plot armor to prevent that from happening.

MidnightMelody
19th December 2012, 12:42 AM
I can see Tsunade,Gai and maybe Kakashi dead in 2013. As for the 6th at this point I can't really say. Shikamaru would be good but way to lazy. If Kakashi dies of course he can't be the hokage as for Naruto idk he is kinda doing well with the current battle but... Unless Kishi does some thing that revives everyone who died due to Obito and Madara which would be a huge middle finger to the fans.

SenorLaughsaLot
19th December 2012, 2:16 AM
Ah, the Sakura hate. I find her and Tsunade to be my favorite kunoichi.
I've been waiting to see Tsunade's possible death for a while now. I need the closure. ._.

Reading the previous chapters have been a bit emotional. First Shikaku and the people at the HQ die, and now Neji. (Hinata also sacrificed herself for the second time.)
I actually cared for the deaths of Ino and Shikamaru's fathers, I liked them. Neji's death was unexpected. I also thought that none of the Konoha 11 would be killed, Kishi did a good job with surprising us.

I expect the other Kages to intervene any chapter now...

Kamex
19th December 2012, 2:42 AM
(Hinata also sacrificed herself for the second time.)
Yeah that was pretty cool. Neji also pointed that out to Naruto. I don't usually like taking sides with shipping because most of it seems like a bunch of arbitrary opinions that take away from the main story, and they're only based on snippets of fanservice, plus I like to let the author do what he wishes with his own characters. But I have to say in this case it does seem like Hinata cares about Naruto the most out of everyone, and I don't know if Kishi would emphasize it this much if it weren't leading to something...

I wish Neji did more before this untimely death though. Even though he was the first of the Konoha 11 to become a Jounin, he didn't get much spotlight at all. He should have gotten at least as much as Shikamaru in my opinion.

One question I have is... why does Madara need a real body in order to become the Juubi's jinchuuriki? Obito didn't have any trouble recreating jinchuuriki for his six paths. I guess the Juubi is too powerful or special or something.

lolipiece
19th December 2012, 2:50 AM
The only thing that could make Neji's death worse is if Kishimoto pulled a revival crap again.

Charminions
19th December 2012, 2:57 AM
I like that Kishi finally decided to start killing off characters. What I don't like is how he didn't do Neji justice before he died. I seriously think Neji deserved more screen time before Kishi threw something like this towards us. Sure, Neji was a huge star since the start of the manga, but throughout the post-timeskip era, and especially this war arc, Neji did next to nothing. Give us a better build up if you want to go for a good delivery, Kishi.

I also liked how Madara (I think) mentioned the Hyuugas are the strongest of Konoha, although there is nothing backing that statement because Kishi sucks at balancing powers.

HoennMaster
19th December 2012, 3:19 AM
Hmm...Neji's death doesn't surprise me, but I was surprised to see Kishi kill one of the main characters. Loved this chapter.

Eh, to think that things has another transformation. Don't know if I want to see it.

Joltik-Kid
19th December 2012, 5:11 AM
Right... guess every tsundere in manga should just die now...

No seriously, she's gotta live ^_^

Yeah that was pretty cool. Neji also pointed that out to Naruto. I don't usually like taking sides with shipping because most of it seems like a bunch of arbitrary opinions that take away from the main story, and they're only based on snippets of fanservice, plus I like to let the author do what he wishes with his own characters. But I have to say in this case it does seem like Hinata cares about Naruto the most out of everyone, and I don't know if Kishi would emphasize it this much if it weren't leading to something...
Milking... he's gonna milk every pairing till the end. I'm gonna hear no end from Crimson for this, but Naruto as the main hero will never change his mind about who he loves (an unwritten but followed rule of Shonen's)

Crimsonlink
19th December 2012, 6:45 AM
Right... guess every tsundere in manga should just die now...

No seriously, she's gotta live ^_^

Milking... he's gonna milk every pairing till the end. I'm gonna hear no end from Crimson for this, but Naruto as the main hero will never change his mind about who he loves (an unwritten but followed rule of Shonen's)

Hear from me you shall!

I AGREE! With how dumb Naruto has proven himself in this chapter, he doesn't seem to be the type to realize love from someone he doesn't have an interest in.

My biggest disappointment was when Sakura wasn't skewered like a shish kabob. Damn you Juubi kill the Pink haired banshee! She is a sight for sore eyes with that pink hair anyways.

As for Neji, I feel sad as I did like Neji the most after Sasuke but thats plot. I'm so jaded after Pain Arc that I wouldn't be surprised when the inevitable Naruto becomes Juubi Jinchurikki that he revives every single ninja from the war and Neji is one of the first ones.

While the death was a nice touch the overall chapter felt weak. Naruto being plain dumb and asking what happened to Team 10. The talk between Tobi and Madara was nice but I don't look forward to what the Juubi will turn into now. A butterfly with 10 wings? :P

There are a lot of plot holes that I can't even fathom like how there is only one earth jutsu user and only the main house Hyuugas. Sure the arms were attacking them but man there is over 5000 ninjas on that battle field.

Well nothing else to say really. Lets see how Kishi ends the New Years next week.

P.S. Of course there are mangas out there that prove you wrong Joltik-Kid but naming all of them would take much more effort than I want to exert right now. The problem is that most shonen manga protagonist don't have "love" interests. More like most of them don't show interest in love really. Saint Seiya would be a good example imo, Seiya the MC is in love with a childhood side character but she is forgotten and there is lots of flirting between him and his boss Athena along with a female villain.

Not to say you aren't right either as it turns out to be turn more often than not that MC stick with first love or whatever in shonen mangas.

Lorde
19th December 2012, 7:32 AM
I like that Kishi finally decided to start killing off characters.

Let's just hope Neji and the others stay dead. Given that Neji was already close to dead once, I think it's safe to say that he's really dead this time, but Shikaku and Inochi could still survive somehow. I could see Kishi (or more specifically, Obito) pulling a Rinne Tensei on them or something. But at least that's one death confirmed unlike some other manga.

wingzx
19th December 2012, 8:12 AM
i was sooo shocked after reading this chapter! i really hope they dont kill off my favorite character kiba D:. also i realy hope they dont revive neji it would ruin the whole point of his death

Shadow Lucario
19th December 2012, 10:11 AM
Let's just hope Neji and the others stay dead. Given that Neji was already close to dead once, I think it's safe to say that he's really dead this time, but Shikaku and Inochi could still survive somehow. I could see Kishi (or more specifically, Obito) pulling a Rinne Tensei on them or something. But at least that's one death confirmed unlike some other manga.

His curse mark disappearing is proof of his death, not just because he nearly died before.

ChristopherOdetunde
19th December 2012, 12:24 PM
So what are the major alternative for it? I wonder it made positive effects on them..

7 tyranitars
19th December 2012, 1:58 PM
She's one of the main characters even if she isn't as involved as Naruto or Sasuke. There's no way she's dying; she has plot armor to prevent that from happening.

This, Sakura won't die.

I can see Tsunade,Gai and maybe Kakashi dead in 2013. As for the 6th at this point I can't really say. Shikamaru would be good but way to lazy. If Kakashi dies of course he can't be the hokage as for Naruto idk he is kinda doing well with the current battle but... Unless Kishi does some thing that revives everyone who died due to Obito and Madara which would be a huge middle finger to the fans.

I can't see kakashi die, he already died at the invasion of pain arc, so I think he is safe.

The only thing that could make Neji's death worse is if Kishimoto pulled a revival crap again.

Weren't you one of the people who wanted some deaths? Because you sound like you aren't happy kishi finally started killing.

I like that Kishi finally decided to start killing off characters. What I don't like is how he didn't do Neji justice before he died. I seriously think Neji deserved more screen time before Kishi threw something like this towards us. Sure, Neji was a huge star since the start of the manga, but throughout the post-timeskip era, and especially this war arc, Neji did next to nothing. Give us a better build up if you want to go for a good delivery, Kishi.

I also liked how Madara (I think) mentioned the Hyuugas are the strongest of Konoha, although there is nothing backing that statement because Kishi sucks at balancing powers.

Actualy people in wars tend to just "die" rather then do something amazing. So by doing it like this it actualy showed a bit of real war. And more realistic. And it was Hiashi who said the Hyuugas where the strongest, which he also said when orochimaru and the sand attacked Konoha :P.

Platinum fan.
19th December 2012, 3:21 PM
I won't rule out the dead being revived until they all have funnerals and such. Makes me wonder how much longer the Naruto series will go on if they start killing off main characters. Are we slowly reaching the climax of the series perhaps? If we aren't I wonder what happens next? I could totally see a Hinata sub plot of trying to live up to Neji's genius legacy and try to obtain Jonin rank if the series goes on after the war arc. The same can be said with Shikamaru and Ino and their dads, altough it's been given that they and Choji are the new Ino-Shika-Cho trio anyway.

Lorde
19th December 2012, 10:19 PM
I really agree with the notion that Choji's dad should also die so that Choji, Shikamaru and Ino can become the new Ino-Shika-Cho trio. It would kind of suck for Choji since Chouza was already put through a near-death experience, but I think it's time for the rookies to surpass their parents.

Shneak
19th December 2012, 10:21 PM

Yeah, I'm getting Nagato vibes from Obito now. He'll turn against Madara at the end and use Rinne Tensei on everyone he killed.

Anyway, there's no new chapter next week, so enjoy the early Christmas present of Neji's death, I guess.

Kamex
19th December 2012, 10:58 PM
I don't know if Obito will use Rinne Tensei to pull a Nagato, but I think it's likely that he'll end up using it on someone. Just not sure who.

It's kind of sad that Neji died before Hiashi (I wonder how Hiashi feels now). Also, since it was originally Neji's "destiny" to protect the main branch, it's ironic that he "chose" his death by dying for Hinata (similar to what his father did actually). It's all so poetic haha.

gliscor&yanmega
19th December 2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I'm getting Nagato vibes from Obito now. He'll turn against Madara at the end and use Rinne Tensei on everyone he killed.

Anyway, there's no new chapter next week, so enjoy the early Christmas present of Neji's death, I guess.

We could get the chapter early actually:

Since this will most likely come up over and over I'll get this out of the way...
We do not know exactly when the next chapter will be here.

Chapter 614 is on a double issue 4/5, so naturally you'd assume a week break.
But since it's over a holiday, the next issue, 6/7 will most likely ship early as it's slated for a Friday 1/4 shelf date.
So the next chapter could be as early as next week.
But keep in mind, the earlier the next chapter comes, the longer the break after issue 6/7 is. So getting 615 early is not necessary a good thing.

Chapter 615 (issue 6/7) could come anywhere between 12/25~1/2, my bet is probably around 12/27~29, a week before the shelf date.
Chapter 616 (issue 8 assuming there's no break announced in the previous issue) should be the normal time, 1/15-16)
http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=887463

-Raiga-
19th December 2012, 11:21 PM
Eh, its a start, but a lot more of the konoha need to go before you can start taking the war seriously. Plus it doesn't make up for how cruddy the rest of the war has been.

waffle_x_v
20th December 2012, 12:26 AM
He had a flashback... Maybe neji is dead? If he's brought back I won't be surprised. Kishi is a ****ing moron and will bring back the dead some way or another.

Lorde
20th December 2012, 12:38 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot that we usually get an early chapter during the holidays. They're usually really suspenseful cliffhangers too; in 2008 it was Naruto's arrival in Konoha after Pain's attack and in 2009 it was Itachi appearing during Sasuke and Danzo's fight. Maybe the Juubi will change form again or better yet, we'll switch over to Sasuke and Orochimaru.

gliscor&yanmega
20th December 2012, 2:23 AM
Eh, its a start, but a lot more of the konoha need to go before you can start taking the war seriously. Plus it doesn't make up for how cruddy the rest of the war has been.

You don't need a bunch of named characters dead to take a war seriously, I've been taking this war seriously from the start(And haven't seen it as "cruddy"). Killing off too many named characters would do more harm then anything, it's war so they aren't going to get fleshed out deaths(People are already complaining about Neji's and even Shikaku's and the other's deaths, of course people would complain if Kishi took time to flesh out their deaths anyways).

He had a flashback... Maybe neji is dead? If he's brought back I won't be surprised. Kishi is a ****ing moron and will bring back the dead some way or another.

Not "maybe", he is dead. The seal going away only happens when a Hyuga with it dies so the Byakugan doesn't get stolen.

Also, Kishi could bring him and whoever back(Doesn't make him a "moron"), but he can easily leave them dead.

Charminions
20th December 2012, 3:22 AM
Actualy people in wars tend to just "die" rather then do something amazing. So by doing it like this it actualy showed a bit of real war. And more realistic.

I'm perfectly fine with how Neji died, I just wanted him (and several other named characters) to have more screen time in the war. Which should have happened until Kishi decided to skip over 60% of the battles.