PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The end is here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109

LizardonX
20th December 2012, 3:23 AM
I wonder who would cry more if Sasuke ever died. Naruto or Sakura.

EmphaticPikachu
20th December 2012, 3:42 AM
...someone might kill me for posting this, or the "kishi is a horrible storywriter." shiz type of people...

but somehow I feel like even if obito was to win this war...He'd still revive everyone just to let them live out their dreams in the infinite tskyomi. Like, in a sense he was gonna revive everyone anyway. He did say that everybody will get to live their dreams in it correct?

Aha, I'm just begging for rebitation....but lol Its just what I feel.

Also very sad that neji died. D;...

A.F.M
20th December 2012, 6:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N852r4kEmmw#!

Has anyone seen this guy's predictions? I think he's on something D:

Kamex
20th December 2012, 7:55 AM
He had a flashback... Maybe neji is dead? If he's brought back I won't be surprised. Kishi is a ****ing moron and will bring back the dead some way or another.
A little harsh don't you think...? I don't think a ****ing moron could write the plot to an episode of Teletubbies, much less a story with real characters and themes and story-lines.

I'm perfectly fine with how Neji died, I just wanted him (and several other named characters) to have more screen time in the war. Which should have happened until Kishi decided to skip over 60% of the battles.
If I remember correctly part of that was his editor rushing him through it. Or maybe he was rushing through it and the editor didn't want him to... in any case, I think he's just trying to finish the manga sooner rather than later. Although I admit I wish he wouldn't rush through or skip the important stuff at least.

but somehow I feel like even if obito was to win this war...He'd still revive everyone just to let them live out their dreams in the infinite tskyomi. Like, in a sense he was gonna revive everyone anyway. He did say that everybody will get to live their dreams in it correct?
I thought he mostly meant that there will be a "fake" version of everyone in the Infinite Tsukuyomi. I assumed he was just crazy, jaded and disillusioned with the world enough to think that everyone would be better off in a made-up world. With the liberal amount of murders Obito caused, I would have guessed that he assumed everyone he killed would be in this new world. But I guess Madara would have to know everyone in the world though including Rin in order to make up a version of them in the Infinite Tsukuyomi, so I'm not sure how the Moon's Eye plan is even possible without your theory being correct...

Has anyone seen this guy's predictions? I think he's on something D:
What kind of drug do you think he's on? Or did you mean he's onto something? Lol.

Platinum fan.
20th December 2012, 3:08 PM
...someone might kill me for posting this, or the "kishi is a horrible storywriter." shiz type of people...

Aha, I'm just begging for rebitation....but lol Its just what I feel.

Also very sad that neji died. D;...

For all we know this could be a dream right now. The dream thing could be in effect right now and someone dreamed that Neji died a honorable death when in reality he could be alive dreaming like everyone else. I'm waiting for the ultimate trollage of this dream thing of reality and dreams.

Lorde
20th December 2012, 7:30 PM
For all we know this could be a dream right now. The dream thing could be in effect right now and someone dreamed that Neji died a honorable death when in reality he could be alive dreaming like everyone else. I'm waiting for the ultimate trollage of this dream thing of reality and dreams.

I don't think the Infinite Tsukuyomi has been activated yet; Obito's conversation with Madara wouldn't have made much sense if they had already completed their objective anyway.

Shneak
21st December 2012, 2:31 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot that we usually get an early chapter during the holidays. They're usually really suspenseful cliffhangers too; in 2008 it was Naruto's arrival in Konoha after Pain's attack and in 2009 it was Itachi appearing during Sasuke and Danzo's fight. Maybe the Juubi will change form again or better yet, we'll switch over to Sasuke and Orochimaru.

Wow, it's hard to believe those arcs are that old already. Anyway, 2010's cliffhanger was the Seven Swordsmen out of their coffins and 2011 was... Son Goku. Christ almighty, it's already been a year since that.

Better yet? lolno. I'm hoping that if the Juubi transforms again, it's the last one. It seems unnecessary for it to change constantly when it doesn't have a host or Eight and Nine Tails.

gliscor&yanmega
21st December 2012, 2:36 PM
Wow, it's hard to believe those arcs are that old already. Anyway, 2010's cliffhanger was the Seven Swordsmen out of their coffins and 2011 was... Son Goku. Christ almighty, it's already been a year since that.

Better yet? lolno. I'm hoping that if the Juubi transforms again, it's the last one. It seems unnecessary for it to change constantly when it doesn't have a host or Eight and Nine Tails.

The changes are probably due to not having Gyuki and Kurama, it's getting the missing chakra back. I imagine this will be it's last transformation though, it's already being difficult for everyone, including Obito and Madara, one more is really all that's needed.

SharpedoX
26th December 2012, 9:01 PM

Please, no! That would be such a letdown. His death has brought some life into this manga, ironically. Sorry to all his fans, but I think a war arc has to have certain casualties to really cause a much necessary impact.

Lorde
26th December 2012, 9:28 PM
Please, no! That would be such a letdown. His death has brought some life into this manga, ironically. Sorry to all his fans, but I think a war arc has to have certain casualties to really cause a much necessary impact.

I personally think it's a bit late for this war to have a lasting impact; we should have witnessed main character deaths from the start. Also, where the heck is the new chapter? We usually get one around this time and it's already after Christmas. It's just weird since we always get an early chapter around the holidays then a 2-3 week SJ hiatus.

By the way, volume 63 will be released in Japan in a couple of days. Here's the cover:

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s494/gagspls/XxohB_zps07b7d4cf.jpg

Crimsonlink
26th December 2012, 11:02 PM
I personally think it's a bit late for this war to have a lasting impact; we should have witnessed main character deaths from the start. Also, where the heck is the new chapter? We usually get one around this time and it's already after Christmas. It's just weird since we always get an early chapter around the holidays then a 2-3 week SJ hiatus.

By the way, volume 63 will be released in Japan in a couple of days. Here's the cover:

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s494/gagspls/XxohB_zps07b7d4cf.jpg

Naruto is an eyesore on that cover. >:|

If it was just Kakashi and Obito then it would have been fine.

Shadow Lucario
26th December 2012, 11:44 PM

I feel the same way. I tend to like the covers that don't have Naruto on them. They just seem....better.

Platinum fan.
27th December 2012, 2:21 AM
Cool cover. Would be better without Naruto in the center, but what can you do? Still nice looking.

Shneak
27th December 2012, 2:49 AM

Still the best cover since the beginning of the war.

JD
27th December 2012, 5:02 AM
I like the cover the next one will probably have the Jubi on it.

Lorde
27th December 2012, 6:08 AM
Oh Kishi, why did you give us a NaruHina chapter right before the hiatus? I feel like I just read a very bad fanfic. I really wanted this to be the best chapter of the year, but I guess Kishi had other plans. Thank God Kurama helped snap some sense into Naruto, although it didn't redeem the parts with Hinata.

Crimsonlink
27th December 2012, 6:18 AM
This chapter was amazing for the first half when Obito was challenging Naruto's words but Kishi had to go and take the easy way out. I don't care all that much for NaruHina right now in the middle of the biggest battle of the series. Man Kishi you are terrible at romance, PLEASE STAPH! Hand holding, really? Next is kiss on the cheek for a power up and then a real kiss for the ultimate power up. >.>^

Anyone know who was next to Jiraiya in Naruto's flashback? He doesn't look like someone important, Inochi maybe?

The combat and the beginning was the best part imo. Everything afterward was meh. Not the best way to end the year.

Shadow Lucario
27th December 2012, 6:29 AM
Yeah it was Inoichi next to Jiraiya. He hasn't shown up much so it's understandable why he didn't look familiar. Chapter was alright. I loved how in just about every panel Neji was shown lying on the ground impaled. At least cover him up with a speech bubble!

LizardonX
27th December 2012, 6:40 AM
Oh come on! Jeez Naturo looks so out of place..

SenorLaughsaLot
27th December 2012, 6:44 AM
Inoichi looked like Sakumo to me.

I thought Hinata smacking some sense into Naruto was great. It felt out of character for her, imo, but that's why I liked it.
By holding hands with Naruto in Kyuubi Form is she powered up? She looks like she can't even take it.

I liked Bee's actions too, second attempt in the Juubi's face.
Is it me, or does the Juubi look pregnant? o.O

Overall, I really liked the chapter.

Lorde
27th December 2012, 6:54 AM
Inoichi looked like Sakumo to me.

It wouldn't have made sense for the guy to be Sakumo given that Naruto never met him. :x

Anyway looking back, I loved Obito's reverse talk no jutsu; it was exactly what Naruto needed to realize that his words mean nothing and that it's time for some action.

SenorLaughsaLot
27th December 2012, 7:02 AM
It wouldn't have made sense for the guy to be Sakumo given that Naruto never met him. :x

Anyway looking back, I loved Obito's reverse talk no jutsu; it was exactly what Naruto needed to realize that his words mean nothing and that it's time for some action.

I knew that, but he looked like Sakumo to me at first. They do sort of look alike... XD

I thought Obito sounded a bit like a mad man, but I agree. Kishi Naruto better bring his A-game into the action.

EmphaticPikachu
27th December 2012, 8:06 AM
I liked the NaruHina moment more then the rest of the chapter...

I thought it was cute D:>...

The reverse talk no justu was cool...except when naruto semi-butchers his response...I understand it, yet I wish it was given more...

Yeah I get there's no need for words now, but damn I wish he could of retorted better then that. :/...

...But i enjoyed the ending quite a bit. xD

⊱✿RedAshEntropy
27th December 2012, 8:50 AM
I kinda enjoy the latest chapter. Although, I still felt sad for Neji's death:(. The NH moment is a good present for Hinata's birthday today. I find it cute, and it seems Hinata's words did came true after all. Looking forward for the next chapter XDxd

J Ken
27th December 2012, 2:01 PM
When Madara said how Obito became like him and how Obito was reverse talk no jutsuing Naruto, it made it more obvious that Obito only turned because there was no one to stop him from turning. If Hinata and Kurama weren't there then Naruto really would have ended up like Obito. But seriously where is Sasuke, he has been missing in action for like 20 chapters now. At this point he is going to have to get a major power up to even seem like any kind of threat compared to Obito, Madara and the Ten-Tails.

Emperor Empoleon
27th December 2012, 2:09 PM
*currently squealing like a fangirl*

Nice way to end off the year

Although, much as I love this, I think it'd be nice to start next year with some Sauce

⊱✿RedAshEntropy
27th December 2012, 2:21 PM
*currently squealing like a fangirl*

Nice way to end off the year

Although, much as I love this, I think it'd be nice to start next year with some Sauce

Indeed, I agree. I think Sasuke needs a little manga time, even for a short time. I actually am interested to where Orichimaru took him with him, and what would be Sasuke's next move, will he join in the war..etc. [s] I'm so random[XD/s]].

DuquÊ?
27th December 2012, 3:07 PM
And, 2012 ends with a heavy NaruHina chapter. I'm incredibly happy now. Thanks, Neji, your death gave me a really neat moment. God have you. TvT

7 tyranitars
27th December 2012, 3:11 PM
Yey! More naruhina moments please.

I liked the Hachibi's attack on the jubi. Was quite cool!

Platinum fan.
27th December 2012, 3:17 PM
Naruto and Hinata sitting in a tree, doing the forbidden jutsu of shipping XD I'm sure the Naruhina fans ate this chapter up. Regardless of how overrated it is, and trust me it is very overrated, I still prefer it over a Naruto and Sakura hook up. That being said Obito killed some C list characters as well. Obito should have said "Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark side of the Ten-Tails. You will pay for your lack of vision!" That would have been perfect for me. In all seriousness the chapter was alright. I wish we could have seen more from Guy, Lee, and Tenten's reactions to Neji's death. Kakashi looked more pissed at Obito then them, but they are in the middle of a war so they don't have to much time to let it sink in. I found the ending funny as heck though. Naruto and Hinata holding hands and then he powers up and Hinata looks so uncomfortable. I actually loved that part, not for the shipping just seeing Hinata trying to play it cool as she feels Naruto's immense chakra level.

I tell you though, it feels like Kishi is trying to make all the girls look cooler then Sakura. It's funny and sad at the same time. Ino had some nice moments in this war and now we have Hinata slapping sense into Naruto. Meanwhile Sakura is stuck in generic female medical ninja role -_- also it was cool to see Killer Bee again. I was wondering where he disappeared at.

pwnswitchclik
27th December 2012, 4:49 PM
I loved today's chapter, it gave me some ego tripping because of the shipping sense of it. Funny thing is, while I was reading it, specially the shots of Neji, I was listening to Chucky's theme (Child's Play) which kinda gave some profoundness to the chapter to me xD.

Lorde
27th December 2012, 9:34 PM
I'm sure the NaruHina shippers are rejoicing, but I'm upset that so much of this week's chapter was spent on that stuff. I have a feeling that Obito will attempt to kill Hinata since she's the one who helped bring Naruto to his senses (Kurama helped too, but of course Hinata gets all the credit). I can only imagine the chaos that would ensue if Obito were to succeed.

TsukiMirage
28th December 2012, 12:11 AM
Sadly, Naruto continues to be the one thing pulling these chapters down for him. One would have thought he had realized the seriousness of the current situation before having to witness someone actually dying. Anyway, love how Hinata takes the spotlight this chapter. Feel a little for Sakura getting her heroine role stolen, and her words are quite corny, but Hinata still shows her stuff. And Obito goes deeper off the deep end, while Madara really needs to take charge. Glad to see Kirabi doing something. Nice chapter.

J Ken
28th December 2012, 2:52 AM
I'm sure the NaruHina shippers are rejoicing, but I'm upset that so much of this week's chapter was spent on that stuff. I have a feeling that Obito will attempt to kill Hinata since she's the one who helped bring Naruto to his senses (Kurama helped too, but of course Hinata gets all the credit). I can only imagine the chaos that would ensue if Obito were to succeed.

I agree,I think Obito will be reminded of Rin by Hinata and will try to kill her so Naruto can join them. Can't they just blow up the moon though that would solve a lot of problems.(Piccolo did it)

Shneak
28th December 2012, 2:53 AM
- Naruto's going to snap.
- That's it? A one panel reaction from Team Guy?
- This does not sound like Hinata.
- God, fanservice for shippers much?
- This is probably a fetish.
- LOL. Well, at least Bee did something.
- Fanserviceeee

Okay chapter. It seems like the rest of the battle will rely on friendship-no-jutsu. I'm actually pretty bummed that there was no reaction to Neji's death, despite Hinata being right.

J Ken
28th December 2012, 2:56 AM
I hope Hinata isn't friendzone no jutsued by Naruto after the war, that would be the ultimate troll move on NaruHina fans. The friendzone no jutsu is the most powerful jutsu in the world once you get hit by it you are never going to heal, just ask Obito.

Agility
28th December 2012, 3:05 AM
I'm sure Kishi'll make it up to Sakura by giving her her life long dream of popping out Uchiha babies. What with NaruHina sliding closer and closer to reality, I'm sure if one girl gets her dream, the other one will too.

Shneak
28th December 2012, 3:20 AM
I'm sure Kishi'll make it up to Sakura by giving her her life long dream of popping out Uchiha babies. What with NaruHina sliding closer and closer to reality, I'm sure if one girl gets her dream, the other one will too.

Hopefully not. It would only make a worse impression on Sakura's character.

Agility
28th December 2012, 3:33 AM
Well, considering we've seen her love evolve over time just as much as Hinata's has, I wouldn't call her failure to give up on Sasuke a "character flaw". Yeah, the guy's a total prick, but it's not always easy to give up on feelings when you have them. Add that to her struggle about how exactly she feels about Naruto, and I think that adds some much needed depth to this girl's utterly neglected characterization.

Platinum fan.
28th December 2012, 3:48 AM
Since we're just talking about shippings on here today I might as well add my two cents. The reason I can't get behind Sakura and Sasuke is because of how utterly shallow it is. Sakura likes Sasuke because he's hot. The guy was never nice to her, treats her like dirt and then tries to kill her without a second thought and she still loves him. What exactly is their relationship? Oh Sasuke's a hunk therefore Sakura must sacrifice everything to try and be with him. In part 1 she even went as far as to ask Sasuke if she could go with him when he was going to Orochimaru. I just don't get where the love comes from, and this is what drags Sakura's character down for me. I don't hate her, I actually like her, but she is so poorly portrayed. Even Ino broke away from just being a Sasuke groupie, what can't Sakura?

Agility
28th December 2012, 4:29 AM
Actually, it's been shown in several episodes before Sasuke left that the way Sakura feels about him isn't just about his "good looks" anymore. She was the only one really aware of the seal's effects on Sasuke through the chunin exams, and she's also really the only person who tries to do nice things for him, since it's pretty much known the guy's a complete basket case when it comes to his emotional state. The fact that Ino herself moves away from Sasuke further shows that Sakura's feelings for him have nothing to do with something as shallow as "looks". She wants to help him very deeply, and I think that's a very powerful moving force for her character.

Lorde
28th December 2012, 5:29 AM
*Is secretly upset with this chapter because she supports NaruSaku* Well since NaruHina is practically confirmed, I guess we can expect SasuSaku to happen as well. I still think Sasuke will just randomly show up in a few chapters after having learned the truth from the mysterious source Orochimaru talked about. I can just imagine him saving Sakura from the Juubi or something.

Agility
28th December 2012, 8:47 AM
Well, personally, I've always wanted Hinata to end up with the person she loves, too. Sakura and Hinata have a lot in common about their feelings, to be honest. Hinata felt affection for Naruto when no one else would, back when everyone thought he was garbage. That's almost mirrored now, with Sasuke being a missing-nin, and only his former teammates and Tsunade, to an extent, having any kind of confidence in him now. Hinata's feelings began with genuine affection, though, which is a little different from the way Sakura's began.

It's kind of interesting when you analyze it lol.

Shadow Lucario
28th December 2012, 10:05 AM
I honestly don't think Sasuke and Sakura will end up together. I really think Sasuke is asexual because he has not shown any interest whatsoever in any person but himself.

Agility
28th December 2012, 11:57 AM
Well, to be frank, who else besides Sakura would be willing to live in a family setting and raise his children? Lol. At this point, the list of people who still view Sasuke as a friend and teammate is three to four people at best. If the situation pans out with Sasuke "redeeming" himself, he has to return to Konoha. Whom there has already expressed loyalty to him? I think he'll remember, personally.

But who knows for sure but Kishi himself.

Platinum fan.
28th December 2012, 2:42 PM
I can barely compare Sakura and Hinata's crushes on Sasuke and Naruto. Hinata's affection for Naruto is very different then Sakura's for Sasuke. Hinata's main reason for falling in love for Naruto is because she is like him, a failure ninja of the village. Hinata was a outcast of the Hyuugas and deemed a failure and her father gave more attention to her little sister then her. She likes Naruto because he inspires her. Seeing him work hard to improve himself despite what the entire village treated him, motivated her to want to try and change as well. Sakura's unhealthy crush on Sasuke doesn't even compare to that IMO. Altough Hinata stalking him from time to time is creepy even Naruto confessed she was a weird person. Heh, I loved that part XD

And the difference between Sasuke and Naruto's place in the village is different. The villagers hated Naruto because he had the Nine-Tailed Fox in him that attacked their village and killed off some of their people. Naruto himself had nothing to do with that but since he houses the demon he takes the full blame. And then he goes around pranking the village and becomes a annoyance. Sasuke is trying to kill the villagers himself. He has no demon controlling him, he's of his own will when he turned his back on his teammates and the village. So I don't blame the village for not liking him when he's declared he is going to kill everyone in the village himself. Naruto, Sakura, and possibly Kakashi still believe in him but that's because they are the only real family he's got right now and they love him. I do think Sasuke will redeem himself, it's obvious at some point he will.

J Ken
28th December 2012, 3:27 PM
I guess with Neji dead that basically confirms that Rock Lee x Tenten will happen right? I think the Ten-Tails final form will be a rabbit.

Lorde
28th December 2012, 9:35 PM
I honestly don't think Sasuke and Sakura will end up together. I really think Sasuke is asexual because he has not shown any interest whatsoever in any person but himself.

That's because his whole life has been about revenge, but once he finds inner peace he may open up to Sakura. Besides, he did seem to care about her a bit at one point; he thanked her before he left Konoha which showed that he did appreciate their time together.

Agility
28th December 2012, 11:30 PM
I wasn't necessarily comparing their "places", it was more Sakura, Naruto, and Kakashi keeping their faith in him even in the face of adversity. You honestly cannot say that the villager's will be less hostile to Sasuke when he returns as they were to Naruto. They'll probably be even more so, as he's done much more terrible things as a missing-nin than Naruto on his own ever did.

Also, Sakura's EARLY crush certainly can't compare to Hinata's on Naruto, but now, I think a case can be made for it. Whether it's unhealthy or not, we've seen it continue, and even she's struggled with it herself. If you listen to her Japanese dialogue, especially in the few episodes leading up to where they confront Sasuke later in the series, she's confused about both Naruto AND why she's bothering with Sasuke. She ultimately decides he needs to be killed, and resolves to do it herself. Hinata doesn't have near the amount of conflict around Naruto, besides the fact he's an airhead. That's why I find SasuSaku scads more interesting than NaruHina, not necessarily the characters themselves, but the relationships.

That's because his whole life has been about revenge, but once he finds inner peace he may open up to Sakura. Besides, he did seem to care about her a bit at one point; he thanked her before he left Konoha which showed that he did appreciate their time together.

In fact, Sakura's really the only other person besides Naruto that he really opened up to. Considering his personality, I literally cannot see anyone else that'd he'd want to bother with regarding restoring his clan. Again, that's just me.

LizardonX
28th December 2012, 11:40 PM

I think He and Naruto will end up together. Naruto would give up anything to make sasuke turn good and if it means getting with him well so be it.

Platinum fan.
29th December 2012, 1:17 AM
I wasn't necessarily comparing their "places", it was more Sakura, Naruto, and Kakashi keeping their faith in him even in the face of adversity. You honestly cannot say that the villager's will be less hostile to Sasuke when he returns as they were to Naruto. They'll probably be even more so, as he's done much more terrible things as a missing-nin than Naruto on his own ever did.

Also, Sakura's EARLY crush certainly can't compare to Hinata's on Naruto, but now, I think a case can be made for it. Whether it's unhealthy or not, we've seen it continue, and even she's struggled with it herself. If you listen to her Japanese dialogue, especially in the few episodes leading up to where they confront Sasuke later in the series, she's confused about both Naruto AND why she's bothering with Sasuke. She ultimately decides he needs to be killed, and resolves to do it herself. Hinata doesn't have near the amount of conflict around Naruto, besides the fact he's an airhead. That's why I find SasuSaku scads more interesting than NaruHina, not necessarily the characters themselves, but the relationships.

In fact, Sakura's really the only other person besides Naruto that he really opened up to. Considering his personality, I literally cannot see anyone else that'd he'd want to bother with regarding restoring his clan. Again, that's just me.

Whatever her Japanese dialogue was, I didn't hear it because I don't watch the anime. Nor do I consider anything from the anime that wasn't in the manga canon with the series, unless the manga creates a page and tells me to watch this episode of Naruto for details, which has not happened. While I'm not huge on Naruto and Hinata's shipping, really it is higly overrated, I still think it's better then Sasuke and Sakura. Sakura and Sasuke just looks shallow to me. I honestly don't care that Sakura constantly cries over Sasuke. IMO she's better off without him. Naruto is the only real character I felt Sasuke had a positive relationship with even if it was a brotherly rivalry on a day to day basis. Yes he's had moments with Kakashi and Sakura as well too, but why Sakura is so in love with this guy, I'll never know. I have more sympathy for Karin then I do Sakura. Unlike Sakura, they actually gave a backstory as to why Karin developed a crush on Sasuke. Was it the best written? Not really but at least it was better then "Oh he's popular and hot! I must date him." When Sasuke betrayed Karin, that was tough, I actually cared despite how brief their relationship was. If Sasuke and Sakura had been like childhood friends and they like both had some kind of real friendship going for them and then Sasuke turns evil, I would have felt bad for Sakura. But as of how it's been written so far, I don't care.

I already made a post on how I thought Sakura should have been written, but I'm not the writer so I'll trust Kishi to do something with her soon. I like the character I just dislike how she's been written as a desperate Sasuke lover. She literally has nothing else going for her other then Sasuke. Even Ino had Shikamaru and Choji to fall back on when she wasn't a rival for Sasuke's love and that is exactly what happened. With no Sasuke, Ino barely mentions Sasuke if at all. I think she cried when Danzo gave the okay to have him killed. Sorry this is so long. Reason it is, is because I actually like Sakura but am frustrated on how she's been portrayed. She had the potential to be one of the best written characters of this series if not the best one. If I didn't like Sakura I wouldn't care what they did with her.

JetshipperKekkaishi
29th December 2012, 3:01 AM
Well this chapter was ok. I mean It was nothing but NaruHina tease. To me,even if I support NaruHina is nothing but a friend helping a friend out. I didn't see it confirmed. Hinata loved Naruto cause he didn't give up. He followed his own path to become strong and he was just like her a failure. She watched him from behind and kept supporting him from the start unlike the others whom called him a loser. This was great for Naruto and Hinata. But nothing was set in stone. I would say don't get your hopes up NaruHina. Well not until the next chapter to see how this turns out. Kishimoto is known for cliffhangers and game changers. So most didn't know that he was willing to kill off Neji. Whom wouldn't say that Kishi will kill Hinata. We don't know anything yet. As for NaruSaku: I can't say NaruHina won yet. I say give some closure to NaruSaku. Naruto finally understanding Hinata's feelings but I have that feeling that he still loves Sakura to some degree.

Shneak
29th December 2012, 3:25 AM
I guess with Neji dead that basically confirms that Rock Lee x Tenten will happen right? I think the Ten-Tails final form will be a rabbit.

If they both survive, that is. :(

Doesn't Lee still have a crush on Sakura? Maybe that'll happen. I just don't want to see her end up with Sasuke.

Lorde
29th December 2012, 6:08 AM
Doesn't Lee still have a crush on Sakura? Maybe that'll happen. I just don't want to see her end up with Sasuke.

But her and Sasuke-kun are destined for each other. The fact that she couldn't kill him before and that she was thinking about him even in the middle of a war pretty much confirms that. Plus all the other little hints. I mean who else would take him? Karin? She doesn't care about him anymore apparently. Even Ino has moved on.

J Ken
29th December 2012, 7:11 AM
If they both survive, that is. :(

His crush was never anything real serious. They just over emphasize on it and stretch it out to seem like obsession in the Rock Lee show/manga.

Platinum fan.
29th December 2012, 2:54 PM
Well this chapter was ok. I mean It was nothing but NaruHina tease. To me,even if I support NaruHina is nothing but a friend helping a friend out. I didn't see it confirmed. Hinata loved Naruto cause he didn't give up. He followed his own path to become strong and he was just like her a failure. She watched him from behind and kept supporting him from the start unlike the others whom called him a loser. This was great for Naruto and Hinata. But nothing was set in stone. I would say don't get your hopes up NaruHina. Well not until the next chapter to see how this turns out. Kishimoto is known for cliffhangers and game changers. So most didn't know that he was willing to kill off Neji. Whom wouldn't say that Kishi will kill Hinata. We don't know anything yet. As for NaruSaku: I can't say NaruHina won yet. I say give some closure to NaruSaku. Naruto finally understanding Hinata's feelings but I have that feeling that he still loves Sakura to some degree.

I agree with NaruHina is not set in stone. While I'm not begging for it, I'd prefer it over NaruSaku. NaruSaku is nearly dead after Sakura's fake confession. It's confirmed Sakura still loves Sasuke, for whatever reason she still loves him. I hope Naruto moves on from Sakura. Your first crush doesn't always have to be the chick you end up with for life. Back in 2008-2009 I admit I loved to ship Naruto and Sakura but the more time passes the more I realize it's not a good ship. It would be forced and fake after the confession.

Emperor Empoleon
29th December 2012, 6:51 PM
I'd say the romance plot is pretty clear at this point

The story is near over, and NaruHina's been the only romance to get some serious attention during this arc. And from both sides for a change.

Other than those two getting together, we might see some ship tease in an epilogue timeskip for other characters, I suppose

J Ken
29th December 2012, 10:04 PM
I actually kinda want Obito and Madara to win. The friendship and hope thing gets kind of annoying after they use it as the way to win in almost every major fight. But we all know who is going to win in the end.

SharpedoX
29th December 2012, 10:55 PM
Kind of off-topic at the moment but five bucks Orochimaru, Sasuke and co. are going to search something related to the Rikudou Sennin.

J Ken
29th December 2012, 11:35 PM
Kind of off-topic at the moment but five bucks Orochimaru, Sasuke and co. are going to search something related to the Rikudou Sennin.

I'll bet the jar of Hashirama's DNA that Madara keeps in his hideout that you are right.

SenorLaughsaLot
29th December 2012, 11:50 PM
I'll bet a jar of Hashirama's DNA that Madara keeps in his hideout that you are right.

Just inject some of that into Sasuke and you have a new Rinnegan.

Everyone is so obsessed with Hashirama that it wouldn't surprise me if Orochimaru had some of his DNA left. He did help Danzo with his arm, right?

I don't think Kishi would give Sasuke the Rinnegan... unless it's his big power up to be a threat to Obito and Madara. Either way, I don't see it happening.

Lorde
30th December 2012, 2:09 AM

But how would the Sage of Six Paths relate to the Uchiha clan? He was the ancestor of their clan and the Senju clan but he died way before they were even established. Sasuke said he wanted to learn the truth and it doesn't seem like the Sage of Six Paths' history is the first place to start looking.

Shneak
30th December 2012, 3:59 AM
Just inject some of that into Sasuke and you have a new Rinnegan.

Everyone is so obsessed with Hashirama that it wouldn't surprise me if Orochimaru had some of his DNA left. He did help Danzo with his arm, right?

I don't think Kishi would give Sasuke the Rinnegan... unless it's his big power up to be a threat to Obito and Madara. Either way, I don't see it happening.

What benefit would Orochimaru get out of giving Sasuke the Rinnegan? Orochimaru knows well enough that Sasuke was the one that killed him, and he was even mocking Sasuke for bringing him back to life. I believe Orochimaru also said that he didn't want to interfere in the war. Sasuke could, of course, but the Rinnegan would be on behalf of Orochimaru.

SenorLaughsaLot
30th December 2012, 4:38 AM
What benefit would Orochimaru get out of giving Sasuke the Rinnegan? Orochimaru knows well enough that Sasuke was the one that killed him, and he was even mocking Sasuke for bringing him back to life. I believe Orochimaru also said that he didn't want to interfere in the war. Sasuke could, of course, but the Rinnegan would be on behalf of Orochimaru.

None at all. It was meant as a joke before. >.< But you're still right.
Although, the obsession part I did mean. There's Hashirama cells everywhere...

Ah, yes, he did say he didn't want to interfere. He said he was taking Sasuke to a place he knows well. Do you think he means the Uchiha Hideout?

Platinum fan.
30th December 2012, 2:00 PM
They're probably saving Orochimaru and Sasuke for after Madara and Obito. It's probably why they had Orochimaru say he would not take part in the war. This way Orochimaru gets his cheap upgrade so he can at least look remotely threatening. Again I'll still be surprised if Obito/Tobi goes down before the big Sasuke fight. Kishi was leading up to Obito being the one to make Naruto and Sasuke fight each other and being the series final villain only to be replaced by Orochimaru. I can't wait to see how Orochimaru gets upgraded. And at this point I can see Sasuke getting Rinnegan. I don't see the point of making Rinnegan a Uchiha obtainable weapon if they were not going to give it to him at some point in the series.

Shadow Lucario
30th December 2012, 7:26 PM
They're probably saving Orochimaru and Sasuke for after Madara and Obito. It's probably why they had Orochimaru say he would not take part in the war. This way Orochimaru gets his cheap upgrade so he can at least look remotely threatening. Again I'll still be surprised if Obito/Tobi goes down before the big Sasuke fight. Kishi was leading up to Obito being the one to make Naruto and Sasuke fight each other and being the series final villain only to be replaced by Orochimaru. I can't wait to see how Orochimaru gets upgraded. And at this point I can see Sasuke getting Rinnegan. I don't see the point of making Rinnegan a Uchiha obtainable weapon if they were not going to give it to him at some point in the series.

I have two responses to your post. The first is that I love how people don't think Orochimaru is threatening when there is maybe, what, one or two characters that are alive stronger than him? Remember when Kakashi confronted him during the Chunin exams? He was deathly afraid of him. Sure that was three years before, but I don't think Kakashi has improved THAT much. Orochimaru is a very strong ninja, strong enough to be number one in Konoha's Bingo Book. Even Sasuke said the only reason he killed him was because of how sick he was at the time.

The second response is that I doubt Sasuke is going to get the Rinnegan anytime soon if he gets it at all. Sasuke is very proud of his Sharingan and I really don't think he will want Hashirama's cells injected into him. He is so obsessed with his clan that I'm sure he'll reject the offer if given to him. Not only that, but he JUST got the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and we haven't seen him use it much.

TsukiMirage
30th December 2012, 8:02 PM
Orochimaru may not seem that threatening due to lacking overwhelming power like Madara, but to be fair, Orochimaru was never about overwhelming power. He's always been subtle in his strength. But given the knowledge he would have on Edo Tensei and Mokuton, I could easily see him giving even Madara a run for his money.

And I second the belief that Sasuke won't get the Rinnegan. Just doesn't make much sense given we already have three villains already using it.

Platinum fan.
30th December 2012, 8:22 PM
First of all I said I could see Sasuke getting the Rinnegan AT SOME POINT. That doesn't mean the very next chapter he appears in, it means at some point in the series when Madara and Obito are long dead and Kishi wants to show off the Rinnegan again, kinda like how Sasuke took over the Mangekyou Sharingan role when Itachi died. Do I expect him have it right now? No. Do I want him to have it? No. I just said I can see him getting it if only to showcase it.

As far as Orochimaru goes, I didn't say he was weak, but compared to the big players of Naruto right now he's not as big of a deal as he was in part 1. We've had several villains just as powerful if not more powerful then Orochimaru since he "Died" Itachi, Pain, Tobi, Madara, even Kabutomaru can be argued to be a upgraded version of Orochimaru. It's been said numerous times that Orochimaru is not as strong as Itachi. Orochimaru himself said he's not as strong as Itachi. Madara clearly the strongest villain we have right now. Him, Obito, and Ten Tails trump every villain in the series so far, so forgive me if I don't think Orochimaru measures up to these guys. I'm not saying he's weak but he's not the strongest threat anymore. Even if the only reason Sasuke was able to beat Orochimaru was because he was sick (And it's true) I think current Sasuke could take down Orochimaru if he had to.

Charminions
30th December 2012, 8:25 PM
Yeah this thread has mentioned many times that Orochimaru's main strength is his knowledge, not his power. I'm pretty disappointed that he said he wouldn't join in the war because it implies that Obito and Madara will probably not be the final villains. I atleast hope that Orochimaru finds whatever he's looking for soon and then does something to seal up Madara and hinder Obito so that he'll atleast look like a plausible final villain.

Lorde
30th December 2012, 10:04 PM
I can't see Orochimaru being a villain anymore. Too much time has passed since he was in his prime and it would bring the story down some more if he were the next bad guy. I think Madara is the final villain although I don't necessarily agree with it. I think he's incredibly overhyped and I facepalm every time someone on NF says that he's the only good thing about this manga.

Emperor Empoleon
31st December 2012, 11:30 AM
Orochimaru may very well be taken out by Sasuke

Again

Kamex
31st December 2012, 12:23 PM
I agree that Orochimaru won't resume being a villain in the series, much less the final one. I think his part in the story is almost done. Pain was controlling Akatsuki and Obito was controlling Pain, but Madara was the mastermind pulling all the strings all this time (or at least, he set "Tobi" into motion). Madara is probably the ultimate villain, and I still don't think he's revealed all his secrets yet, even to Obito.

There sure was a lot of shipping this past chapter. I don't normally mind that, but it seems slightly out of place in the middle of a war. Also out of place in this war is the fact that everyone's jaw dropped to the ground after Neji died... I mean as much as I like him and want his death to be important, it's a little strange for ninja who should be used to fallen comrades being so taken aback like "What is this... how can this happen...?!"

Other than those two getting together, we might see some ship tease in an epilogue timeskip for other characters, I suppose
Hm. I read this as "strip tease" the first time through. Lol.

Shadow Lucario
31st December 2012, 5:35 PM
First of all I said I could see Sasuke getting the Rinnegan AT SOME POINT. That doesn't mean the very next chapter he appears in, it means at some point in the series when Madara and Obito are long dead and Kishi wants to show off the Rinnegan again, kinda like how Sasuke took over the Mangekyou Sharingan role when Itachi died. Do I expect him have it right now? No. Do I want him to have it? No. I just said I can see him getting it if only to showcase it.

And we both agreed that we don't think he will get it at all. I explained why because Sasuke is proud of both his clan and his Sharingan so I doubt he'd want to be injected with Hashirama's cells. And even after Itachi died, Kakashi still had the Mangekyou Sharingan and we all knew that Tobi had it.

As far as Orochimaru goes, I didn't say he was weak, but compared to the big players of Naruto right now he's not as big of a deal as he was in part 1. We've had several villains just as powerful if not more powerful then Orochimaru since he "Died" Itachi, Pain, Tobi, Madara, even Kabutomaru can be argued to be a upgraded version of Orochimaru. It's been said numerous times that Orochimaru is not as strong as Itachi. Orochimaru himself said he's not as strong as Itachi. Madara clearly the strongest villain we have right now. Him, Obito, and Ten Tails trump every villain in the series so far, so forgive me if I don't think Orochimaru measures up to these guys. I'm not saying he's weak but he's not the strongest threat anymore. Even if the only reason Sasuke was able to beat Orochimaru was because he was sick (And it's true) I think current Sasuke could take down Orochimaru if he had to.

No said, or implied that you thought he was weak. I said that you claimed he wasn't threatening. Kakashi is one of the strongest ninja Konoha has and arguably the strongest Jonin. If he was frightened of Orochimaru then I think the threat is still there. That or he was scared for hit butthole.

Platinum fan.
31st December 2012, 7:02 PM
And we both agreed that we don't think he will get it at all. I explained why because Sasuke is proud of both his clan and his Sharingan so I doubt he'd want to be injected with Hashirama's cells. And even after Itachi died, Kakashi still had the Mangekyou Sharingan and we all knew that Tobi had it.

No said, or implied that you thought he was weak. I said that you claimed he wasn't threatening. Kakashi is one of the strongest ninja Konoha has and arguably the strongest Jonin. If he was frightened of Orochimaru then I think the threat is still there. That or he was scared for hit butthole.

Sasuke's mood and character changes to fit his story. This is the same guy who betrays all the people who put their trust in him. Look at the chapters where he's starting to appreciate Jugo, Suigetsu and Karin and then shortly after leaves Jugo and Suigetsu to die and doesn't think twice about killing Karin in cold blood just to get at Danzo. And now he's second guessing his ultimate goal. As far as Kakashi and Tobi with the MS. Kakashi barely uses his, he's only spamming it now because of Obito and Obito hardly used his either. When Madara and Obito are dead and if Kishis wants to show the Rinnegan again Sasuke is the only one left. I'm not saying I want it only that I can see Kishi giving him Rinnegan if he wants to. Saskue's proud clan doesn't mean squat if Kishi wants to show the Rinnegan again.

As far as Orochimaru goes, how long ago was it that Kakashi was afraid of Orochimaru? Chunin Exams I believe. That was a very long time ago. I don't think Kakashi would have a problem fighting Orochimaru today, considering all the bigger name villains hes fought at this point. Could he win? I don't know. Probably not unless his MS is really good but Orochimaru is still strong to some characters. But right now I'd say Naruto, Sasuke, Killer Bee, Madara, and Obito could all beat Orochimaru. Nagato and Itachi were clearly stronger as well and Danzo is probably on equal footing with Orochimaru but they're all dead. Hence why I don't consider him in the same category as Madara. Madara beat all five Gokage and is a mega troll. He's done things Orochimaru can only dream of doing. Orochimaru is threatening to a certain point but not to a critcal one where the entire Shinobi world must unite to beat him unlike with Madara and Obito. Orochimaru does have the smarts for a great villain, I agree but strength wise he's been surpassed by too many new villains. That and Orochimaru just feels done to me. I thought that was the whole point of Kabutomaru. But whatever, at best I can see him stealing Madara's body. Now that would make him a global threat.

-Raiga-
31st December 2012, 9:44 PM
Obviously Madara makes everyone look weak, but I think it's unfortunate how much its brought Obito down. I mean, taking off the mask and revealing himself is what initially made Tobi much weaker, but when he's literally standing next to this guy outclassing him and ordering him around every step of the way, it hurts him a lot.

I too think it will come down to Madara as the final "pre-sasuke" villain, which does suck.

And while I don't think orochimaru would be the final villain, it would actually be pretty cool if he did, in the sense that he's been the main villian for the majority of the series, so it would make the story flow quite a bit better in my opinion. I agree too that while the flow of the story makes it seem otherwise, an unsealed Orochimaru could potentially be as strong as Madara, minus the edo tensei of course. He's certainly stronger then the one trick pony Tobi at any rate.

Kamex
31st December 2012, 10:12 PM
I think it's obvious that Zetsu is the final villain. White Zetsu will multiply into a new army and black Zetsu will transform into Neo Madara and then Zetsu will take over the world.

Platinum fan.
31st December 2012, 11:17 PM
I actually forgot about Zetsu for the moment. I forgot he was still around XD I wonder what he will bring to the story now? Anyway, I still hope Sasuke finishes off Orochimaru for good once their little field trip is over and act like he never came back in the first place. I know that's not what is going to happen but Orochimaru's return feels so forced. Whatever.
I use to think Obito was going to be the final villain of the series. When he was calling himself "Madara" he had a aura of mystery and he was literally untouchable. Even when Pain was still around you knew once Naruto defeated him we still had Tobi lurking with Sasuke to be even bigger baddies. I thought it would have been cool to see Naruto and Sasuke team up to battle Tobi back when he was still a mystery and he'd unmask himself near the end of the fight but oh well. Actually if things were a little different it might have been cool to see Naruto and Sasuke team up to beat Madara and Obito.

Lorde
1st January 2013, 2:13 AM
Imo, Zetsu isn't a threat. I actually lost all interest in him the moment we discovered that he's just a clone of Hashirama with part of Madara's will attached. That just sealed his fate and I'm disappointed that he went from being one of the most interesting members of Akatsuki to just being used as war fodder by Obito.

Crimsonlink
1st January 2013, 5:06 AM
One more year passes but will this year be the final year for Naruto? I think it would be nice if Kishi ends Naruto around October 2013 near Naruto's birthday assuming he wants to even end it.

He could probably squeeze out another arc purely on ending the series lol. Looking forward to how Juubi will be dealt with and the inevitable Naruto vs Sasuke. Maybe if we are lucky Sakura will run into both their attacks with no Kakashi to save her. :P

Lorde
2nd January 2013, 9:47 PM
Every year I predict the end of the Naruto manga, and every year I'm wrong. I still like the manga, but I really think it should end soon. Once Madara is beaten and Obito becomes good (yeah, I can see it happening), the only threat left will be Sasuke who still needs to fight Naruto. Orochimaru will probably wander off on his own or something and never be heard from again. Kabuto's fate is in the air imo.

pwnswitchclik
2nd January 2013, 11:06 PM
Every year I predict the end of the Naruto manga, and every year I'm wrong. I still like the manga, but I really think it should end soon. Once Madara is beaten and Obito becomes good (yeah, I can see it happening), the only threat left will be Sasuke who still needs to fight Naruto. Orochimaru will probably wander off on his own or something and never be heard from again. Kabuto's fate is in the air imo.

According to Kishimoto, uuhhh, see for yourself http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-21/kishimoto/naruto-manga-to-continue-longer-than-1.5-years

LizardonX
2nd January 2013, 11:15 PM

The Samurai decide to attack the Ninjas. 100 Chapters right there if he stretches it out.

KantoLegends
3rd January 2013, 1:16 AM
Is there a new chapter this week?

Shneak
3rd January 2013, 2:23 AM
According to Kishimoto, uuhhh, see for yourself http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-21/kishimoto/naruto-manga-to-continue-longer-than-1.5-years

Not too unusual, if you think about it. It sounds long, but that would put it around ~75 more chapters.

No, we got the last chapter 'early'.

pwnswitchclik
3rd January 2013, 2:45 AM

We're only gonna get a new chapter on the third week of this month :'(

LexSuicune
3rd January 2013, 5:18 AM
I wonder if Neji could be brought back by Obito much like Kakashi was brought back by Nagato.

His death seemed pretty final though.

Locormus
3rd January 2013, 3:12 PM
We're only gonna get a new chapter on the third week of this month :'(

Wait a second, there's not going to be a release for an entire month? What the heck is that? Last chapter was out on the 28th.. That's a week ago. Now we have to wait three weeks again?

pwnswitchclik
3rd January 2013, 4:17 PM
Wait a second, there's not going to be a release for an entire month? What the heck is that? Last chapter was out on the 28th.. That's a week ago. Now we have to wait three weeks again?

That's what the guys at mangastream are saying, and I'm pretty sure others manga sites are saying it as well, I myself would like to know this "mechanism" of sorts, could be just holidays for Shonen Jump, or could be something more simple or not behind this wait, but look on the slightly bright side: You're going to wait just a little bit less than 2 weeks from now. But his bums me too, the fillers will keep going until the "canons" start to air, to which Kishi will have to start to come up with more fillers as he's been doing for quite awhile now.

gliscor&yanmega
3rd January 2013, 4:30 PM

That's what the guys at mangastream are saying, and I'm pretty sure others manga sites are saying it as well, I myself would like to know this "mechanism" of sorts, could be just holidays for Shonen Jump, or could be something more simple or not behind this wait, but look on the slightly bright side: You're going to wait just a little bit less than 2 weeks from now. But his bums me too, the fillers will keep going until the "canons" start to air, to which Kishi will have to start to come up with more fillers as he's been doing for quite awhile now.

Shonen Jump is on holidays, pretty sure this happens every year. The last chapter we got was actually suppose to be for this week I believe, we just got it early and as such have to wait for Shonen Jump to return.

This is more detailed explanation about the whole thing:

Originally Posted by Snow Miser
Since this will most likely come up over and over I'll get this out of the way...
We do not know exactly when the next chapter will be here.

Chapter 614 is on a double issue 4/5, so naturally you'd assume a week break.
But since it's over a holiday, the next issue, 6/7 will most likely ship early as it's slated for a Friday 1/4 shelf date.
So the next chapter could be as early as next week.
But keep in mind, the earlier the next chapter comes, the longer the break after issue 6/7 is. So getting 615 early is not necessary a good thing.

Chapter 615 (issue 6/7) could come anywhere between 12/25~1/2, my bet is probably around 12/27~29, a week before the shelf date.
Chapter 616 (issue 8 assuming there's no break announced in the previous issue) should be the normal time, 1/15-16)

What do you mean by Kishi coming up with fillers? If you mean the Anime then he has no part in that, canon is going to start in January for the Anime anyways, and I'm thinking it'll last for a while. If you mean the manga then I don't see what qualifies for "filler".

pwnswitchclik
3rd January 2013, 4:50 PM
Shonen Jump is on holidays, pretty sure this happens every year. The last chapter we got was actually suppose to be for this week I believe, we just got it early and as such have to wait for Shonen Jump to return.

This is more detailed explanation about the whole thing:

What do you mean by Kishi coming up with fillers? If you mean the Anime then he has no part in that, canon is going to start in January for the Anime anyways, and I'm thinking it'll last for a while. If you mean the manga then I don't see what qualifies for "filler".

Yes the anime, and second, I didn't know Kishi wasn't involved in anime fillers, I didn't, I mean it is his franchise, but I guess I could come to that conclusion based on Akira Toryama & DB GT, which is the quick and easiest case for me to think of Non-Involvement of the Frachise Creator On His Franchise (I wanna coin the term NIOFCOHF, but not gonna happen I suppose :P). The thing is, anime-wise, how long is this next canon going to last?

Lorde
3rd January 2013, 8:51 PM
The Samurai decide to attack the Ninjas. 100 Chapters right there if he stretches it out.

Something tells me that the entire ninja system will be dropped by the end of the manga. It's the closest thing to peace since ninja wouldn't fight each other, but that does leave the samurai. I could see there being a Part 3 of the manga that takes place many years after the war that deals with the samurai.

gliscor&yanmega
3rd January 2013, 10:10 PM
Yes the anime, and second, I didn't know Kishi wasn't involved in anime fillers, I didn't, I mean it is his franchise, but I guess I could come to that conclusion based on Akira Toryama & DB GT, which is the quick and easiest case for me to think of Non-Involvement of the Frachise Creator On His Franchise (I wanna coin the term NIOFCOHF, but not gonna happen I suppose :P). The thing is, anime-wise, how long is this next canon going to last?

Kishi's only involvement in the Anime I believe is just consulting with the team so they have an idea of when they have to start putting filler in and whatnot. Kishi did work on the latest movie though I think, and I think he's working on the next one to, but generally it's a different group of people who deal with the Anime.

At least early April I'd say. That's when a new opening will come and they most likely will deal with everything in the current opening which goes up to chapter 559/560(Depending if they'll include Madara appearing or not, one scene in the opening was of Obito jumping from Trees with the Edo Jinchuriki which was shown after Madara was revealed). There should be about 67 chapters the Anime would be behind by that time, there probably will be filler again at some point but I don't think it'll be very long like the most recent fillers.

pwnswitchclik
3rd January 2013, 11:51 PM
Kishi's only involvement in the Anime I believe is just consulting with the team so they have an idea of when they have to start putting filler in and whatnot. Kishi did work on the latest movie though I think, and I think he's working on the next one to, but generally it's a different group of people who deal with the Anime.

At least early April I'd say. That's when a new opening will come and they most likely will deal with everything in the current opening which goes up to chapter 559/560(Depending if they'll include Madara appearing or not, one scene in the opening was of Obito jumping from Trees with the Edo Jinchuriki which was shown after Madara was revealed). There should be about 67 chapters the Anime would be behind by that time, there probably will be filler again at some point but I don't think it'll be very long like the most recent fillers.

I suppose so.

Speaking of Edo Jinchurikis, if Tobi managed to re-seal tailed beasts in Edo Tensei'd bodies, then why isn't possible to seal the Ten Tails in Edo Madara? I'm wondering if this is a plothole...

insanejames
4th January 2013, 12:55 AM
I suppose so.

Speaking of Edo Jinchurikis, if Tobi managed to re-seal tailed beasts in Edo Tensei'd bodies, then why isn't possible to seal the Ten Tails in Edo Madara? I'm wondering if this is a plothole...

i belive he don't reseal them but it was the left over demon chakraform when they were Jinchuriki. i would imagine that long time wiht them possable a life time would leave some chakra, because it would leck over no matter the sea. so i don't think you can have a true Jinchuriki if they already dead.

Shneak
4th January 2013, 2:50 AM
I suppose so.

I'm pretty sure Madara mentioned that Obito would need to use Rinne Tensei to reincarnate him and seal it inside of him. That doesn't answer the question, but maybe the Juubi is too strong to be sealed into a corpse?

gliscor&yanmega
4th January 2013, 3:46 AM
I suppose so.

It might just be that Juubi is too powerful to be sealed in a non-living body. Although Obito could maybe be hiding that little detail from Madara, Obito was basically telling Madara "If I die, everything you want will die with me", if Madara were to find out that he doesn't need Obito he could get rid of him and Obito may not fully trust Madara.

We'll have to see where things go.

7 tyranitars
4th January 2013, 10:33 AM

He also did the 6 tails filler arc if I am right. Which is one of the few fillers worth watching.

Lorde
4th January 2013, 9:53 PM
He also did the 6 tails filler arc if I am right. Which is one of the few fillers worth watching.

Kishi worked on that filler arc? Yikes. I thought it was one of the worst ones from Shippuden, although to be honest, I hate all the fillers to some extent. You'd think that Kishi's involvement would have made them good, but that's not quite the case. I wish the anime would just go on hiatus until the manga ends instead of there being so many fillers.

7 tyranitars
4th January 2013, 11:36 PM
Kishi worked on that filler arc? Yikes. I thought it was one of the worst ones from Shippuden, although to be honest, I hate all the fillers to some extent. You'd think that Kishi's involvement would have made them good, but that's not quite the case. I wish the anime would just go on hiatus until the manga ends instead of there being so many fillers.

Realy? I acualy liked the one with Uttakata or whatever his name was. the 3 tails arc was the worst for me tbh. Or the konoha history arc..

TsukiMirage
5th January 2013, 5:54 AM
I liked the Six-tail arc too, especially the beginning without Naruto and co's involvement.

Lorde
5th January 2013, 7:27 AM
Realy? I acualy liked the one with Uttakata or whatever his name was. the 3 tails arc was the worst for me tbh. Or the konoha history arc..

I guess I just disliked the idea of having another jinchuriki around, especially one that was supposed to be dead. I'm all for the producers of the anime adding things to the show, but it's a whole other story when they start changing the story line so that it contradicts the manga just for the sake of fillers. I'm surprised Kishi allowed them to go through with it.

But yeah, this hiatus is killing me. I just want to see Naruto and Hinata in action now that they're essentially a couple.

Platinum fan.
6th January 2013, 5:05 PM
Ah the anime fillers of Naruto. Sadly that is what killed the anime for me. That and the voice actors and even the music. Yes I find Naruto's music cliche and often annoying. Thank goodness I read the manga XD

I am also awaiting the hiatus to end. What will happen next? Who will die next? Who will betray who first? Will it be Madara or Obito? What will Naruto and Hinata's mutant babies look like? Half Hyuga and half Nine-Tailed fox? So many questions.

You know a little off topic but with all this history lessons we get from Naruto, when the series ends I wouldn't mind a few spinoff miniseries stories. They would not be long, just telling a few stories of the people in the Naruto universe. I would certainly enjoy arcs such as Nagato, Yahiko, and Konan's rise to power in the rain village, Sakura and the other Genin becoming Chunin during the time skip. Some more missions with Kakashi, Obito, Rin, and Minato, and Jiraiya with Tsunade and Orochimaru as a team. Ironically these could have all been fillers.

7 tyranitars
7th January 2013, 4:08 PM
I guess I just disliked the idea of having another jinchuriki around, especially one that was supposed to be dead. I'm all for the producers of the anime adding things to the show, but it's a whole other story when they start changing the story line so that it contradicts the manga just for the sake of fillers.

I'm surprised Kishi allowed them to go through with it.

But yeah, this hiatus is killing me. I just want to see Naruto and Hinata in action now that they're essentially a couple.

That bothered me aswell, but I did like the filler.

Dark Searchman
7th January 2013, 7:29 PM
NEJIIIIIII, WHY'D YOU HAVE TO DIIIIIIIE!?!?!?!? T_T Dangit, he was one of my favorite characters too, and now that they've (almost) nerfed Zetsu...

Sai, it's up to you! DON'T DIE! >_<

pwnswitchclik
8th January 2013, 5:46 PM
Guys, I don't want to spoil anyone but, check this out:http://mangabars.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/naruto-manga-6161.jpg?w=584

I'm getting goosepumps as to what's going to happen *bitesnails*

it's in spanish, though.

7 tyranitars
8th January 2013, 8:10 PM
Guys, I don't want to spoil anyone but, check this out:http://mangabars.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/naruto-manga-6161.jpg?w=584

I'm getting goosepumps as to what's going to happen *bitesnails*

it's in spanish, though.

Fakes are often in spanish though.

Lorde
8th January 2013, 9:57 PM
NEJIIIIIII, WHY'D YOU HAVE TO DIIIIIIIE!?!?!?!? T_T Dangit, he was one of my favorite characters too, and now that they've (almost) nerfed Zetsu...

Sai, it's up to you! DON'T DIE! >_<

Well several characters had to die to make this war seem more realistic. I was never really fond of Neji, but at least his death was dramatic and he'll leave behind a legacy since he was a genius and probably the most powerful member of the Hyuuga clan. Plus he died in battle in order to protect his friends. He'll be honored for that.

Locormus
15th January 2013, 6:48 PM
Something tells me that the entire ninja system will be dropped by the end of the manga. It's the closest thing to peace since ninja wouldn't fight each other, but that does leave the samurai. I could see there being a Part 3 of the manga that takes place many years after the war that deals with the samurai.

Well several characters had to die to make this war seem more realistic. I was never really fond of Neji, but at least his death was dramatic and he'll leave behind a legacy since he was a genius and probably the most powerful member of the Hyuuga clan. Plus he died in battle in order to protect his friends. He'll be honored for that.

Agreed! If you take a list and give a bit of thought to it, then it becomes apparent that most characters could die...

Naruto: Nope
Sasuke: Nope
Sakura: Nope
Sai: Could happen, 'sacrifice out of friendship'? Definitely possible..
Kakashi: Not yet, but definitely can happen
Gai: Could happen
Lee: Nope, because of Neji
Neji: already dead
Tenten: Nope, because of Neji, unless Kishi wants to go really dark on us
Kiba: Could happen, not too important to anything..
Shino: Could happen, not too important to anything..
Hinata: Nope
Shikamaru: Nope, his dad just died and he's needed to win this battle
Ino: Nope, due to her daddy dieing, unless Kishi wants to go really dark on us, again..
Choji: Nope, his character represents hope too much
Chouza: Could happen, his mates are dead already.
Hiyashi: Probably won't die..
Yamato: Is he dead? I thought he was..
Tsunade: Could definitely die by the end of this, I mean she's split in two already..

Gaara: Nope
Temari: Could die, but more likely to just get really hurt.
Kankuro: Could die, to save his brother, he definitely would.

A: Could die, but I'd think that Oonoki is far more likely to go first.
Bee: Could die, I think we all kinda see him giving himself to save Naruto at one point if it need be.
C: Could die, but I don't see it happening
Darui: Could die, but unlikely
Omoi: Could die to save Karui
Karui: Could die, but unlikely
Samui: Already sucked into a pot

We don't know enough characters from mist and rock to account for them. I don't see Mei dieing, Oonoki I see, I don't see the last Swordsman dieing, and I don't see Ki/Kuro/Akatsuchi dieing, well, Kitsuchi perhaps.. and Ao already died.. -.-

Leaving a massive list of:
- Konoha: Kakashi, Sai, Gai, Kiba, Shino, Chouza, Tsunade and Yamato?
- Suna: Temari, Kankuro
- Iwa: Oonoki, Kitsuchi
- Kumo: A, Bee, Omoi are my likely suspects if things get down and gritty.
- Kiri: No more, because we only barely know three of their characters: Mei, Fishboy, and Ao..

That's 15 more characters that could die for one reason or another.. Of course we won't have all of them. We can't have both A and Bee die for instance, well, we could and Darui would become Raikage next, but still.. I doubt we will see Kiba or Shino die, but they're just as important as Neji was, so nothing is really stopping them from dieing other then being in the same team as Hinata and that would be another close 'strike' to her..

Even more realistically, I could see these dead by the end of the war:
- Oonoki, Tsunade, A, Sai, Chouza, Kankuro, Kitsuchi, and perhaps Kakashi and/or Gai, depending on what happens with Obito. Oh, if Yamato isn't dead yet, he stays alive.

The old-garde of the Kage's is swapped out, and the new kage's will be:
- Konoha: Kakashi/Naruto
- Suna: Gaara
- Kumo: Darui
- Iwa: Kurotsuchi
- Kiri: Mei

SharpedoX
15th January 2013, 11:34 PM
When's the next chapter? This lack of news will be the death of me :P

Shadow Lucario
15th January 2013, 11:46 PM
When's the next chapter? This lack of news will be the death of me :P

Probably tomorrow. We did wait the two weeks like we were told so the chapter should be up tomorrow.

JD
16th January 2013, 11:57 AM
I was hoping we'd see Sasuke some more.. only to go back to Naruto.

overlimit22
16th January 2013, 12:37 PM
It was an extremely troll-like start to the chapter. Think We get to see something happening elsewhere and then lolnope.

lolipiece
16th January 2013, 12:40 PM
Go. Away. Sasuke. Just do us all a favor and jump off a cliff. Take your friends and creepy pedo Snake-guy with you while you're at it.

Nine-tails army. Pretty awesome.

Platinum fan.
16th January 2013, 3:41 PM
I enjoyed this weeks new chapter. Maybe because I've missed Naruto so much. But I enjoyed seeing everybody get a Nine-Tails power up. Is it cheap? Kinda very much so, but hey look at all the main players that have plot armor already. I think it's fair...sort of. Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji continue to impress me. If this war has done nothing else it made these three into well developed young ninjas. I see all of them going for Jonin easily if they survive. Even Hinata got to do something cool with her little power up. And Lee's manly tears for Neji was great. It was a good chapter for me, but mainly because I missed Naruto so much. Ino-Shika-Cho rule the world.

Chingchar
16th January 2013, 3:44 PM
I thought it was Gai crying over Neji XD

miles0624
16th January 2013, 4:18 PM
Good chapter. Love how Orochimaru noted that Sasuke was bothered by the chakara. It means that he knows he is severly underpowered. No one likes a sore loser. Hinata for the awesome award this week. Come on Sakura, just becuase you don't have a clan doesn't mean you can't do anything. Redeem youself.

I knew LeexNeji was supposed to happen =p. To bad he died......

Where the hell are the kages. Tsunade should have healed them and died by now.

TsukiMirage
16th January 2013, 7:16 PM
Was excited to see Sasuke and gang in Konoha and was wondering what they were gonna do, then it cut back to the war. Gotta say, the plan was predictable but not really impressive tactically. Still, nice to see Shikamaru and Ino get a little more development. Shame the ending was wasted with more talking. Alright chapter.

7 tyranitars
16th January 2013, 7:45 PM
Poor Lee, Glad emosuke and pedosnakes bit wasn't that long.

Pretty cool to see naruto powering everyone up.

Kamex
16th January 2013, 8:25 PM
I wonder what Sasuke was looking at and thinking about. The moon...?

LexSuicune
16th January 2013, 8:31 PM
Konohagakure, most certainly.

Who's left in the village to protect it? The only character I can think of is Kurenai Yuuhi. She's still pregnant though, right?

pwnswitchclik
16th January 2013, 8:35 PM
With Sasuke being disturbed by Naruto's chakra, I'm betting Orochimaru is just gonna pour some gasoline into Sasuke's fire, driving the thing into the battle of the Fated Two. Just a possibility.

JD
16th January 2013, 8:40 PM
Am I the only one here that wants to see Sasuke? This fight has been dragging on since like January of 2012.

J Ken
16th January 2013, 9:23 PM
This weeks chapter was good. I wish we saw more Sasuke, I really want to see who they are heading too.Am I the only who noticed how much more the side characters have been doing for the war compared to what Sakura a "main" character has done?

Lorde
16th January 2013, 9:23 PM
I was so excited when I saw Sasuke and the others in Konoha, only for the scene to change back to Naruto and the others. Aside from the development of the new strategy and some more flashbacks to what the HQ told Shikamaru and Ino, I thought it was another one of those chapters where almost nothing happens to advance the plot. It's like Kishi took one step forward but two steps back.

Shadow Lucario
16th January 2013, 9:38 PM
Am I the only one here that wants to see Sasuke? This fight has been dragging on since like January of 2012.

No. I want to as well. I kinda hoped it was a Sasuke chapter, but it wasn't. Oh well. Kishi always does this with Sasuke. We'll get little teases until one thing finishes and then we get full Sasuke.

Shneak
16th January 2013, 9:54 PM
- Hmm. Pop art cover is interesting.
- Whoa. Konoha has rebuilt fast. It's only been two days since the war began.
- Oh, ugh, it's Sasuke.
- I like Sakura's samurai ensemble.
- Somehow the Taka gang all reached Konoha within a matter of hours, despite starting in the Land of Lightning.
- So they're looking for a person, not a thing. Curious.
- Oh. So they can just sense Naruto? Meh
- C's going to die.
- Now he's literally handing out chakra. Semi-broken.
- The final plan turns out to only rely on Ino-Shika-Cho. Kind of weak, and it will probably only glorify Shikamaru more.
- Hahaha, Shikaku.
- Ino owns.
- Poor Lee.

Good chapter, I guess. It has a nice message despite the consequences. Still wondering what Orochimaru is taking them to see.

Konohagakure, most certainly.

Who's left in the village to protect it? The only character I can think of is Kurenai Yuuhi. She's still pregnant though, right?

No, pretty sure she gave birth before the war arc. I don't think Sasuke is going to attack Konoha though, and I think they're there mostly for the thing they're searching for as well as Karin getting looped in.

Joltik-Kid
16th January 2013, 9:58 PM
This weeks chapter was good. I wish we saw more Sasuke, I really want to see who they are heading too.Am I the only who noticed how much more the side characters have been doing for the war compared to what Sakura a "main" character has done?
I've been looking at it like this... Hinata was the first to have an inner speech during that whole "The reserves will show up". So what happens, her inner speech happens first, but not on romantic terms. Today's chapter was the Ino-Shika-Cho chapter as they were the next one's to get focus. I believe Lee and Sai had a conversation next, so I assume they'll be having the focus in the next chapter. Since Sakura had the last speech and biggest of them all since she is the main heroin, she'll be getting her focus later on down the stretch.

Besides, the side characters need to get their focus sooner or later, especially if this whole thing is gonna be coming to an end within the next few years I assume

gohan5
16th January 2013, 10:22 PM
I've been looking at it like this... Hinata was the first to have an inner speech during that whole "The reserves will show up". So what happens, her inner speech happens first, but not on romantic terms. Today's chapter was the Ino-Shika-Cho chapter as they were the next one's to get focus. I believe Lee and Sai had a conversation next, so I assume they'll be having the focus in the next chapter. Since Sakura had the last speech and biggest of them all since she is the main heroin, she'll be getting her focus later on down the stretch.

Besides, the side characters need to get their focus sooner or later, especially if this whole thing is gonna be coming to an end within the next few years I assume

Yeah that's one way to look at it, but I do see what he's saying. I mean even Tenten appeared in this chapter, yet I don't think we got a glimpse of Sakura. Maybe I missed her though when Naruto went out handing everyone some of his chakra. Honestly I sometimes forgets she's there until I see one of those reaction shots where everyone is like OMG and there she is. I guess it's just weird she hasn't been saying much, despite Naruto fighting so hard and the intensity of the battle. But I'm sure her time will come :P

Lorde
16th January 2013, 10:31 PM
I find it funny that Sakura appeared on the colored cover page despite not being important to the plot these days. She used to be part of the "trio" a long time ago, but she doesn't seem to belong anymore. I'd rather just see Naruto and Sasuke on the covers since they're the two most important characters in Part 2. I hope the cover page is a sign that Kishi has something planned for Sakura (besides death), but I wouldn't count on it.

Shneak
16th January 2013, 10:40 PM
I hope the cover page is a sign that Kishi has something planned for Sakura (besides death), but I wouldn't count on it.

LOL. This shouldn't be that funny because it's so true.

Platinum fan.
16th January 2013, 10:48 PM
I find it funny that Sakura appeared on the colored cover page despite not being important to the plot these days. She used to be part of the "trio" a long time ago, but she doesn't seem to belong anymore. I'd rather just see Naruto and Sasuke on the covers since they're the two most important characters in Part 2. I hope the cover page is a sign that Kishi has something planned for Sakura (besides death), but I wouldn't count on it.

Sakura might do something cool if she gets a taste of Fox Chakra like the others. But other then that, Sakura's time feels over for now. I can see her playing a role in the next Naruto and Sasuke meeting but that is it. I think she's done battle wise.

TsukiMirage
17th January 2013, 2:16 AM
With Sasuke being disturbed by Naruto's chakra, I'm betting Orochimaru is just gonna pour some gasoline into Sasuke's fire, driving the thing into the battle of the Fated Two. Just a possibility. Naruto's chakra? I was under the idea it was the Juubi's chakra they were feeling.

Am I the only one here that wants to see Sasuke? This fight has been dragging on since like January of 2012. Naruto has been fighting Obito for over a year, so no, you're not the only one. Cause no matter what one's feelings are for him, they can't deny that the plot really moves when it's focus on Sasuke.

gohan5
17th January 2013, 2:23 AM
Naruto's chakra? I was under the idea it was the Juubi's chakra they were feeling.

At first, I thought it was the Juubi too until they outright say what it was. Orochimaru states that they all feel the chakra and that it must be particularly annoying for Sasuke since it's Naruto's chakra.

pwnswitchclik
17th January 2013, 2:28 AM
Naruto's chakra? I was under the idea it was the Juubi's chakra they were feeling.

Naruto was receiving Kurama's chakra and turning it into his own (that's what Sasuke and co. were sensing) to distribute it to his comrades.

Edit: Ninja'd.

TsukiMirage
17th January 2013, 2:39 AM
At first, I thought it was the Juubi too until they outright say what it was. Orochimaru states that they all feel the chakra and that it must be particularly annoying for Sasuke since it's Naruto's chakra. Checking another translation, appears I was mistaken.

Joltik-Kid
17th January 2013, 3:20 AM
Well the cover clearly labeled her as the heroin so it's obvious that he still has got stuff planned for her :P

HoennMaster
17th January 2013, 3:50 AM
I know I'm getting tired of this battle when the part of this chapter that surprised me most was how much Konoha has rebuilt considering a good chunk of the village has been involved in the war.

Lorde
17th January 2013, 5:18 AM
Sakura might do something cool if she gets a taste of Fox Chakra like the others.

Speaking of which, I thought it was cheap how suddenly Naruto's going to distribute Kurama's chakra to the others. Like, I'm all for teamwork, but this makes the other ninja seem weak since they have to rely on Naruto and Kurama. Also, while this was supposed to give us hope that the Alliance will be able to stop the Juubi, it actually hasn't really changed my view of things. Madara and the Juubi still seem unstoppable.

gohan5
17th January 2013, 5:26 AM
Speaking of which, I thought it was cheap how suddenly Naruto's going to distribute Kurama's chakra to the others. Like, I'm all for teamwork, but this makes the other ninja seem weak since they have to rely on Naruto and Kurama. Also, while this was supposed to give us hope that the Alliance will be able to stop the Juubi, it actually hasn't really changed my view of things. Madara and the Juubi still seem unstoppable.

Plus the Kyuubi's chakra should be like poison to them all, considering what we know about it. But they tried to explain that by having Naruto suddenly know how to convert the Kyuubi's chakra into his own so I guess it was okay then. But yeah it does seem like too much, it's like he's using them all as a subsitute for his Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu.

gliscor&yanmega
17th January 2013, 5:02 PM
Enjoyed the chapter. I expected Kurama's chakra would be used for the Alliance, so I wasn't really surprised by it, but still enjoyed it.

I enjoyed Shikaku's and Inochi's last words to their children. Oh and, another mystery to the list, what's inside the box, it shall be what saves or ends the world.

Lorde
18th January 2013, 1:18 AM
Well the cover clearly labeled her as the heroin so it's obvious that he still has got stuff planned for her :P

Yeah, fan service.

Plus the Kyuubi's chakra should be like poison to them all, considering what we know about it. But they tried to explain that by having Naruto suddenly know how to convert the Kyuubi's chakra into his own so I guess it was okay then. But yeah it does seem like too much, it's like he's using them all as a subsitute for his Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu.

Kishi has a lot of explaining to do, because right now this seems like another plot hole. :x

Oh and I just realized that Sasuke and the others were sensing Naruto's/Kurama's chakra. I guess the first translation made a mistake, because it implied that it was the Juubi's chakra that they were sensing. Speaking of which, where's my favorite sensor ninja (Karin)?

Emperor Empoleon
18th January 2013, 3:09 AM
LOL

Sasuke left Konoha because of Oro, now he's back because of the same guy

Welcome home Sasuke-Kun

Platinum fan.
18th January 2013, 3:25 AM

I'm sure Kishi hopes fans don't pay as much attention to all the technical stuff like this so he can get away with stuff like this. Even if it does go against the Naruto world we all know.

Lorde
18th January 2013, 3:27 AM
LOL

Sasuke left Konoha because of Oro, now he's back because of the same guy

Welcome home Sasuke-Kun

Oh the irony, but I love this. It's neat to see Orochimaru and Sasuke in Konoha; the place they both wanted to destroy at one point. :p

I'm starting to think that they're going to speak with Homura and Koharu since they know all about the Uchiha massacre and they're still in Konoha.

gohan5
18th January 2013, 3:36 AM
I'm sure Kishi hopes fans don't pay as much attention to all the technical stuff like this so he can get away with stuff like this. Even if it does go against the Naruto world we all know.

Yeah you're probably right, but he knew enough that he made Naruto convert the chakra into his own so it wouldn't harm them. I just thought it was overdone with him powering everyone up like that. Especially since Kurama was supposedly low on chakra and had to recouperate and now he's just sharing it with everyone. But we'll see what happens from here.

I'm starting to think that they're going to speak with Homura and Koharu since they know all about the Uchiha massacre and they're still in Konoha.

You know, I hadn't thought of that before but that would be interesting. Sasuke did say he wanted to kill the elders, but I thought they were looking for something.

EmphaticPikachu
18th January 2013, 3:38 AM

Wait, its poison? o.O I don't remember that...

I thought it was just an insane amount of chakra that had an evil tint to it...do you have a reference for this? I'm having a naruto memory lapse if I'm forgetting something important. @.@

gohan5
18th January 2013, 3:42 AM
Wait, its poison? o.O I don't remember that...

I thought it was just an insane amount of chakra that had an evil tint to it...do you have a reference for this? I'm having a naruto memory lapse if I'm forgetting something important. @.@

I don't have a specific link or anything but it's something like that. It's the reason that a Jinchuuriki has to be made from birth and not just injected with a beast during later years in life, because the chakra would kill them. And it's been shown before that it's chakra isn't like normal chakra, Sakura found that out first hand. That's why Naruto went through the trouble of converting Kurama's chakra to his own so that he could pass it to the others safely.

EmphaticPikachu
18th January 2013, 3:46 AM
I don't have a specific link or anything but it's something like that. It's the reason that a Jinchuuriki has to be made from birth and not just injected with a beast during later years in life, because the chakra would kill them. And it's been shown before that it's chakra isn't like normal chakra, Sakura found that out first hand. That's why Naruto went through the trouble of converting Kurama's chakra to his own so that he could pass it to the others safely.

If the first part is true, then fair enough.

Though was it possibly because the beast wills it so? I'm not gonna doubt their power, and I wouldn't be surprised if they could will it to be different.

gohan5
18th January 2013, 3:54 AM
If the first part is true, then fair enough.

Though was it possibly because the beast wills it so? I'm not gonna doubt their power, and I wouldn't be surprised if they could will it to be different.

Honestly I don't know about that and that would seem kinda even more convenient than the current way they did it. At least with Naruto changing the chakra to his own it required some type of skill.

EmphaticPikachu
18th January 2013, 4:01 AM
Honestly I don't know about that and that would seem kinda even more convenient than the current way they did it. At least with Naruto changing the chakra to his own it required some type of skill.

A convenient reason is better then no reason :P

LexSuicune
18th January 2013, 4:58 AM
Can someone be kind enough to tell me what happened with Yamato and the rest of the Kages?

gohan5
18th January 2013, 5:06 AM
Can someone be kind enough to tell me what happened with Yamato and the rest of the Kages?

We're not sure, Tsunade seemed to be giving her life to save the other Kages. I mean her injuries were beyond severe, so we'll see. Yamato hasn't been seen since he became a Madara cloning machine. Not sure what's gonna happen with them, everything seems to be focused on the main battle right now.

Lorde
19th January 2013, 8:19 PM
Hopefully we'll get to see the Gokage in Kyuubi mode when they arrive. I don't like the idea of Kurama sharing his chakra, but it would be worth it just to see the Gokage's comeback.

SharpedoX
19th January 2013, 9:14 PM
Kind of unrelated but considering Sasuke and co. are near Konoha do you believe Karin will associate with them again? After all, she needs a purpose or Kishi would have simply killed her back when he was facing Danzo.

gohan5
19th January 2013, 9:52 PM
Kind of unrelated but considering Sasuke and co. are near Konoha do you believe Karin will associate with them again? After all, she needs a purpose or Kishi would have simply killed her back when he was facing Danzo.

I'm not really sure, I mean she made it pretty clear after the Danzo incident that she didn't want to have anything to do with Sasuke anymore. So I was thinking she might want revenge, although I could easily see Sasuke accidentally breaking her out of Konoha and she being in love with him again. We'll see, she does seem to have some further purpose though. She was revealed to have some connection to the Uzumaki clan, so I don't think she's done yet.

TsukiMirage
20th January 2013, 1:01 AM
Even if Karin dislikes Sasuke, that doesn't mean she can't rejoin Team Taka. Suigetsu hates Sasuke and he's apart of the team. Honestly, Karin would probably be a much better character if she's no longer lovesick over Sasuke.

gohan5
20th January 2013, 2:00 AM
Yes I agree with you that Karin (and Sakura and Ino for that matter) would be a better character without her Sasuke obsession, but that doesn't change her character now. Her whole reason for joining Taka was to get close to Sasuke, and Orochimaru was dead. She made it quite clear that she was only there for him and couldn't be bothered to hang around with Suigetsu or Jugo. She hates Suigetsu and is afraid of Jugo. Suigetsu and Jugo are both different in their motives for joining Sasuke, Suigetsu wanting to sate his bloodlust and Jugo seeing Sasuke as a replacement Kimimaro, but that doesn't affect Karin's place in the group.

SenorLaughsaLot
20th January 2013, 2:26 AM
Didn't Ino already give up on Sasuke? I think it was around the time when most of the Konoha 11 got together and decided to kill Sasuke. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

I also think she's been pretty good with her role in the war so far. I mean, she didn't really hesitate to fight Asuma, and she's been helpful going against Obito. She's been doing much more than Sakura, that's for sure.

gohan5
20th January 2013, 2:57 AM
Didn't Ino already give up on Sasuke? I think it was around the time when most of the Konoha 11 got together and decided to kill Sasuke. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

I also think she's been pretty good with her role in the war so far. I mean, she didn't really hesitate to fight Asuma, and she's been helpful going against Obito. She's been doing much more than Sakura, that's for sure.

Oh yeah you're right, I like Ino a lot more than I ever have before, now that I have seen her during the war. See how much better it is when they stop obsessing on Sasuke? I just think the obsession over Sasuke thing was done too much and too severe over all this time.

SenorLaughsaLot
20th January 2013, 3:13 AM
Oh yeah you're right, I like Ino a lot more than I ever have before, now that I have seen her during the war. See how much better it is when they stop obsessing on Sasuke? I just think the obsession over Sasuke thing was done too much and too severe over all this time.

I agree on both points. Ino actually impressed me with how she controlled Obito, twice. I didn't like her much before the war. Mainly because she didn't do much in a fight and was dead weight. (Like with Kakuzu, or was it just cause she's a medic ninja?) Now she actually displays her skill.

Now, if only Sakura would stop obsessing... She could do so much more. She's like the second Tsunade, why not put that strength to use? All she does now is get saved by others. Maybe if she got the Kyuubi power up she could do something.

Joltik-Kid
20th January 2013, 3:25 AM
Now, if only Sakura would stop obsessing... She could do so much more. She's like the second Tsunade, why not put that strength to use? All she does now is get saved by others. Maybe if she got the Kyuubi power up she could do something.
Uh...wha? She's not obsessing about Sasuke... And Kishi is likely planning something big for her. After all, she was the last person to have an inner speech before reaching the battlefield. And since everyone's speeches seem to have been foreshadowing, hers will be important

Shneak
20th January 2013, 3:54 AM
Honestly, the only reason why Ino is getting good use is because she's in Ino-Shika-Cho.

SenorLaughsaLot
20th January 2013, 4:17 AM
Uh...wha? She's not obsessing about Sasuke... And Kishi is likely planning something big for her. After all, she was the last person to have an inner speech before reaching the battlefield. And since everyone's speeches seem to have been foreshadowing, hers will be important

Can you tell me what chapter it was in? I can't seem to remember it. DX The reason I thought she was obsessed was because she turned down that guy at the medical unit because she was still in love with Sasuke. I hope she does something important, she's one of my favorites...

Honestly, the only reason why Ino is getting good use is because she's in Ino-Shika-Cho.

Well, she's fulfilling the Ino part well. :p

gohan5
20th January 2013, 4:19 AM

Well it's clear she still loves him, so I see what he's saying. Not to put down what you say, but I don't think you can gauge importance on something like that either :/

TsukiMirage
20th January 2013, 8:41 AM
Yes I agree with you that Karin (and Sakura and Ino for that matter) would be a better character without her Sasuke obsession, but that doesn't change her character now. Her whole reason for joining Taka was to get close to Sasuke, and Orochimaru was dead. She made it quite clear that she was only there for him and couldn't be bothered to hang around with Suigetsu or Jugo. She hates Suigetsu and is afraid of Jugo. Suigetsu and Jugo are both different in their motives for joining Sasuke, Suigetsu wanting to sate his bloodlust and Jugo seeing Sasuke as a replacement Kimimaro, but that doesn't affect Karin's place in the group. She hated/was afraid of them originally, but it was shown during the Hachibi incident that they had grown closer together. She was even shown worrying about them during the summit. So while she may not care for Sasuke anymore, she does care for Suigetsu and Jugo as teammates.

Didn't Ino already give up on Sasuke? I think it was around the time when most of the Konoha 11 got together and decided to kill Sasuke. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) She was just shown crying over the idea of killing him as far as I can recall.

gohan5
20th January 2013, 8:44 AM
She hated/was afraid of them originally, but it was shown during the Hachibi incident that they had grown closer together. She was even shown worrying about them during the summit. So while she may not care for Sasuke anymore, she does care for Suigetsu and Jugo as teammates.

Maybe they've grown somewhat closer, but I still don't think she'd bat an eye at leaving them. And even if she did want to be with them, there's still Sasuke, so I can't really see her going back unless something changes.

Lorde
20th January 2013, 9:02 PM
I'm sure Karin will fold under pressure and re-join Team Taka. It just seems like bad writing that she left the village and will probably return now that Sasuke's there. She'll basically go in a circle. Kishi obviously didn't plan for that ahead of time.

SenorLaughsaLot
20th January 2013, 9:54 PM
She was just shown crying over the idea of killing him as far as I can recall.

For some reason, I remembered her abandoning her love for him. Anyway, you can say she is still in love with Sasuke. After looking around, yes, she did only cry over the idea of killing him and in the last chapter she thought about Sasuke when her father talked about the violet representing love. IMO, I just thought that Ino didn't think about Sasuke as much as Sakura.

TsukiMirage
21st January 2013, 1:06 AM
Maybe they've grown somewhat closer, but I still don't think she'd bat an eye at leaving them. And even if she did want to be with them, there's still Sasuke, so I can't really see her going back unless something changes. She was sad at abandoning them during the summit. And things really wouldn't have to change since she can just as easily be forced back onto the team without a say.

For some reason, I remembered her abandoning her love for him. Anyway, you can say she is still in love with Sasuke. After looking around, yes, she did only cry over the idea of killing him and in the last chapter she thought about Sasuke when her father talked about the violet representing love. IMO, I just thought that Ino didn't think about Sasuke as much as Sakura. Sure that was Sakura, not Ino. And technically, that would be true. Sakura was shown thinking of Sasuke more then half a dozen times, whereas Ino seem all over him up until the meeting to decide to kill him. Current chapter marks the second time.

Shneak
21st January 2013, 1:58 AM
I'm sure Karin will fold under pressure and re-join Team Taka. It just seems like bad writing that she left the village and will probably return now that Sasuke's there. She'll basically go in a circle. Kishi obviously didn't plan for that ahead of time.

I would say that she should try to kill him, but clearly Sasuke assassination attempts have worked so well. It would just result in her being tossed aside, and I think she deserves some redemption. She'll likely become a slave to Taka again, but hopefully without the love interest and more interest placed in Orochimaru's plan.

gohan5
21st January 2013, 2:39 AM
She was sad at abandoning them during the summit. And things really wouldn't have to change since she can just as easily be forced back onto the team without a say.

Being forced is different than rejoining on her own, which is what I was saying would seem off.

I would say that she should try to kill him, but clearly Sasuke assassination attempts have worked so well. It would just result in her being tossed aside, and I think she deserves some redemption. She'll likely become a slave to Taka again, but hopefully without the love interest and more interest placed in Orochimaru's plan.

Pretty much this. I mean I can see her being used by Taka again, but it would be much different this time around.

Joltik-Kid
21st January 2013, 5:20 PM
Sure that was Sakura, not Ino. And technically, that would be true. Sakura was shown thinking of Sasuke more then half a dozen times, whereas Ino seem all over him up until the meeting to decide on the plan to kill him. Current chapter marks the second time.
Ino also cried when the Rookies decided it would be best to kill Sasuke. And we've seen Sakura think of Naruto just as much, in fact her last true full panel of her doing something was her only thinking of Naruto.

Lorde
21st January 2013, 9:59 PM

I feel so bad for her though. I mean at least characters like Ino and Sakura have friends and family, but Karin has nothing; apparently her village was destroyed when she was a kid and she's lived a life similar to Kabuto's. I kind of hope she and Kabuto end up together somehow since they have a similar past.

Oh and isn't it weird that a lot of people like Ino more than Sakura now? I never thought I'd consider Ino to be a good character, but she's more reliable than Sakura now.

Joltik-Kid
21st January 2013, 11:37 PM
Oh and isn't it weird that a lot of people like Ino more than Sakura now? I never thought I'd consider Ino to be a good character, but she's more reliable than Sakura now.
I find it ridiculous myself... The plot was set up for her to do something

SenorLaughsaLot
21st January 2013, 11:48 PM
I find it ridiculous myself... The plot was set up for her to do something

I really hope she does do something, other kunoichi have been taking the spotlight so far, like Ino, and especially Hinata (it's the fan service...).

I could imagine Sakura having a moment after hearing about Tsunade's death (if it happens, which is most likely).

Joltik-Kid
22nd January 2013, 12:20 AM
I really hope she does do something, other kunoichi have been taking the spotlight so far, like Ino, and especially Hinata (it's the fan service...).

I could imagine Sakura having a moment after hearing about Tsunade's death (if it happens, which is most likely).
Here I was to believe Ten Ten is also a Kunoichi (treated far worst then Sakura) ^^

And by ridiculous, I mean people liking Ino because of one panel of importance. Sakura is Kishi's heroin, she's gonna do something trust me

gohan5
22nd January 2013, 12:22 AM

What? NaruHina fanservice? NaruSaku is just as strong, so I wouldn't say that's why. I just think he doesn't have anything for her to do right now.

Joltik-Kid
22nd January 2013, 12:25 AM
What? NaruHina fanservice? NaruSaku is just as strong, so I wouldn't say that's why. I just think he doesn't have anything for her to do right now.
I think he meant that Hinata is just generally a well liked character for reasons unknown to me. Not saying this is the norm, as their truly are good shippers out there, but my general awareness of the matter is a majority of NaruHina fans are just huge Hinata fans.

gohan5
22nd January 2013, 12:38 AM
I think he meant that Hinata is just generally a well liked character for reasons unknown to me. Not saying this is the norm, as their truly are good shippers out there, but my general awareness of the matter is a majority of NaruHina fans are just huge Hinata fans.

Well when the person is in the ship you generally have to like them. Not trying to sound uh snippy, but I can't think of another way to say that. And again there's just as many fans of Sakura, so I don't think that's the reason.

SenorLaughsaLot
22nd January 2013, 2:02 AM
Here I was to believe Ten Ten is also a Kunoichi (treated far worst then Sakura) ^^

And by ridiculous, I mean people liking Ino because of one panel of importance. Sakura is Kishi's heroin, she's gonna do something trust me
Ten Ten had her time... in the anime. XD Poor girl doesn't get much in the manga.

I started to like Ino, well, more like recognize her, because of what she's done. Although, it's because of Ino-Shika-Cho that she's been given some light. Either way, I kinda liked the way she behaved during her fight with Edo Tensei Asuma and that made me pay attention to her a bit more, but that might just be me.

Sakura is just in the side lines now, so I'm waiting for Kishi to finally make her do something (Isn't this like the third/fourth time I've said it? XD). I trust you, she is his heroin, she has to have an important role.

I was saying Hinata is getting a bit of the spotlight because of the fan service. For NaruHina they got hand holding and heartfelt speeches recently. Then he gives Hinata the first power up. NaruSaku may be just as strong, but I think NaruHina is being displayed more, as of now.

I don't see much NaruSaku going on now, but that doesn't mean Sakura won't/can't do anything. Like Joltik said, she's the heroin, she gonna do something. It just isn't her time I guess.

I hope I make sense...

gohan5
22nd January 2013, 2:12 AM
Ten Ten had her time... in the anime. XD Poor girl doesn't get much in the manga.

Ironic isn't it? I heard that Tenten was Kishi's favorite of the 4 Konoha kunoichi, or he preferred her design the best or something. You'd think she'd get more time than she does, but she's just like a cheerleader for Team Guy :/

I was saying Hinata is getting a bit of the spotlight because of the fan service. For NaruHina they got hand holding and heartfelt speeches recently. Then he gives Hinata the first power up. NaruSaku may be just as strong, but I think NaruHina is being displayed more, as of now.

I don't see much NaruSaku going on now, but that doesn't mean Sakura won't/can't do anything. Like Joltik said, she's the heroin, she gonna do something. It just isn't her time I guess.

I hope I make sense...

What fanservice do you mean though? Maybe that's the wrong word? I think he's giving Hinata her due time, same with Ino-Shika-Cho, this manga has always been about bonds and such. It's probably more of a desire to finally bring Hinata out of her shell a bit, out from behind Naruto's shadow so to speak. And it's not like it's random as we've seen buildup to this moment earlier, with it reaching the climax in Pain's invasion of Konoha. This was just the next step as far as I can see. Not because he wants to throw out fanservice, but because Hinata is developing as a person. But that's just me.

Joltik-Kid
22nd January 2013, 2:16 AM
Well when the person is in the ship you generally have to like them. Not trying to sound uh snippy, but I can't think of another way to say that. And again there's just as many fans of Sakura, so I don't think that's the reason.
What I mean Gohan, is most NaruHina fans I've come to know only care about Hinata, not Naruto. Hinata fans just want her to get whatever she wants, thus why some are self-proclaimed NaruHina supporters. But from what's been shown recently, it's still a one-sided ship with a possibly. I say one-sided because Naruto still has yet to show any form of romantic feelings for Hinata. Not that NaruSaku is doing any better though, as Sakura seems to hold feelings for both her teammates and we still don't know if Naruto see's her in the same light as before.

***But sticking more to the current manga subject, I feel it's kinda haxy that everyone know gets a cloak XD

gohan5
22nd January 2013, 2:21 AM
What I mean Gohan, is most NaruHina fans I've come to know only care about Hinata, not Naruto. Hinata fans just want her to get whatever she wants, thus why some are self-proclaimed NaruHina supporters. But from what's been shown recently, it's still a one-sided ship with a possibly. I say one-sided because Naruto still has yet to show any form of romantic feelings for Hinata. Not that NaruSaku is doing any better though, as Sakura seems to hold feelings for both her teammates and we still don't know if Naruto see's her in the same light as before.

Well I haven't had the pleasure of knowing said fans, but it exists in everything, I don't believe in generalizations like those. That's all I'll say about that. As for what's one-sided, more likely, whatever, you can't really say for sure either. It's subjective to everyone and just like you said what you think about the two pairings, someone could have the exact opposite feel and it wouldn't be wrong. Again I won't go into it any further than that since that's not what we're here for and it has a place of it's own to discuss such matters.

SenorLaughsaLot
22nd January 2013, 2:26 AM
Ironic isn't it? I heard that Tenten was Kishi's favorite of the 4 Konoha kunoichi, or he preferred her design the best or something. You'd think she'd get more time than she does, but she's just like a cheerleader for Team Guy :/

What fanservice do you mean though? Maybe that's the wrong word? I think he's giving Hinata her due time, same with Ino-Shika-Cho, this manga has always been about bonds and such. It's probably more of a desire to finally bring Hinata out of her shell a bit, out from behind Naruto's shadow so to speak. And it's not like it's random as we've seen buildup to this moment earlier, with it reaching the climax in Pain's invasion of Konoha. This was just the next step as far as I can see. Not because he wants to throw out fanservice, but because Hinata is developing as a person. But that's just me.

Really, I thought Ten Ten had potential. I liked her in part one. I thought she was cool, especially since they said she never missed her targets, and then came Temari...

Maybe that's what it is. I might be labeling it as fan service just because of the hand holding and such. When you put it that way it makes much more sense.

***But sticking more to the current manga subject, I feel it's kinda haxy that everyone know gets a cloak XD

I thought that at first too, but then I thought about what they're up against. You gotta fight hax with hax. XD (I'm also hoping to see the Kages with cloaks)

gohan5
22nd January 2013, 2:33 AM
Really, I thought Ten Ten had potential. I liked her in part one. I thought she was cool, especially since they said she never missed her targets, and then came Temari...

Maybe that's what it is. I might be labeling it as fan service just because of the hand holding and such. When you put it that way it makes much more sense.

Yeah so did I, Tenten is my favorite Konoha kunoichi. Kishi has always expressed that he's wanted to add her more, why it hasn't happened I have no idea.

Well that's fine, I understand that their moment may have come at a bad time. I think it made sense and that it fit, but maybe it was a little more fluffy than what people are used to seeing. But I wouldn't take away from that moment at all though, it's a powerful moment for both Naruto and Hinata.

Joltik-Kid
22nd January 2013, 2:51 AM
I thought that at first too, but then I thought about what they're up against. You gotta fight hax with hax. XD (I'm also hoping to see the Kages with cloaks)
Leave it to those blasted Uchiha eyes of all time hax :P

J Ken
22nd January 2013, 3:48 AM
Leave it to those blasted Uchiha eyes of all time hax :P

Nowadays you have to either have a Sharingan, be a Jinchuriki or have some sort of relationship with one of those things to have any kind of important in this series. I miss the days where kunais were considered dangerous.

Platinum fan.
22nd January 2013, 3:58 AM
Haven't been on here in awhile so I'll just address what everyone is talking about. I hope Karin does not to Sasuke's team. If she does then she's as bad as Sakura. Please don't have Karin go back to Team Taka. True there isn't much to do for her character now but that's only because she hasn't been used. If she goes back to Sasuke then Naruto will pull a BW, which means Bad Writing. Yes, I am going to use BW as my slogan for Bad Writing from this point on. It fits perfectly.

As far as the girls go, some of you are surprised that Ino is getting more popular and more positive stuff then Sakura currently. That shouldn't come as a surprise. Ino has broken away from Sasuke's groupie list and become her one character. Yes, she only gets screentime because of Ino-Shika-Cho, but considering how this series treats females, thats a pretty sweet deal. I myself didn't care that much for Ino in the start but now I truly like the character. Her Sasuke lover status really weighed her down but now that she's free of that she's far more likeable and useful in battle with Shikamaru and Choji.

The only real female that got cheated was Tenten. Poor Tenten. Sakura has moments but as of now I consider Hinata and Ino way cooler then her. It's a shame really.

Lorde
22nd January 2013, 7:41 AM
It's funny that Tenten has the least amount of screen-time among the female characters given that Kishi said he liked her and wanted to show her more often. I guess using the Bashōsen is all she will get to do in this war.

Agility
22nd January 2013, 10:27 AM
I don't see how Sakura's feelings have limited her as a character. One, she hasn't been in a situation in a very long time where she's doing anything productive, and two, it's been just as long since her feelings got in the way. Sure, she turned down the ninja in the medical tent, but I don't see that as debasing her personality. I'll reiterate what I said a few pages ago; those feelings you guys have a habit of disparaging are actually a strong base for Sakura's character. No one whines half as much about Naruto still pursuing Sasuke, so I don't see why people do it to Sakura.

Hopefully Kishi'll give her something big later on. It's been a very long time since she fought the Akatsuki, and I personally enjoyed that battle very much. Here's to wishing.

Platinum fan.
22nd January 2013, 3:47 PM
I don't know about everyone else but I don't whine that much about Naruto pursuing Sasuke, because unlike Sakura, Naruto has a life to fall back on other then Sasuke. Sasuke takes up Naruto's main time, but he has other things to deal with like Akatsuki trying to capture him. His Hokage dream has been put on hold for Sasuke but once Sasuke is resolved he can go right back to work on his real goal. Sakura's main goal has always been Sasuke. It has never been anything else other then to be with Sasuke. She has nothing else to fall back on which is why her character is in the state it is right now. It's why Kishi slowly started breaking Ino away from a Sasuke groupie and more towards being a real ninja with Shikamaru and Choji. At this point I don't think Sakura will get another fight like Sasori. All she can do is try and play a role in Sasuke vs Naruto. Maybe she can finally hook up with Sasuke once he turns good. I can't see Naruto and Sakura happening at this point in time right now, even if we weren't getting Naruto and Hinata stuff, Sakura is to deeply into Sasuke that any relationship she takes would feel forced.

Joltik-Kid
22nd January 2013, 8:52 PM
I don't know about everyone else but I don't whine that much about Naruto pursuing Sasuke, because unlike Sakura, Naruto has a life to fall back on other then Sasuke. Sasuke takes up Naruto's main time, but he has other things to deal with like Akatsuki trying to capture him. His Hokage dream has been put on hold for Sasuke but once Sasuke is resolved he can go right back to work on his real goal. Sakura's main goal has always been Sasuke. It has never been anything else other then to be with Sasuke. She has nothing else to fall back on which is why her character is in the state it is right now. It's why Kishi slowly started breaking Ino away from a Sasuke groupie and more towards being a real ninja with Shikamaru and Choji. At this point I don't think Sakura will get another fight like Sasori. All she can do is try and play a role in Sasuke vs Naruto. Maybe she can finally hook up with Sasuke once he turns good. I can't see Naruto and Sakura happening at this point in time right now, even if we weren't getting Naruto and Hinata stuff, Sakura is to deeply into Sasuke that any relationship she takes would feel forced.
Okay, that's where you wrong... your talking about Part 1 Sakura... I have no idea where you've been or what your reading but it's obvious that her life doesn't just revolve around Sasuke anymore. She didn't train with Tsunade just for Sasuke's sake but to be less of a burden for Naruto and become dependent enough to fight with him. Then when she learned about Naruto being a Jinjuriki, she first asked if there was a way to extract the beast, but upon learning it causes death she was sadden by how much Naruto had to live through and how much his life is/was now in danger. She then resolves to protect him from Akatsuki, thinking more about his well being more then her own. When she first boar witness to the Nine Tails chakra, she was brought to tears at how far Naruto would go just to make his promise to bring Sasuke back, even asking Yamamoto to teach her how to re-seal the Nine Tails chakra back into Naruto, but was saddened by the fact that only he can use such a technique. Heck, the English translation of the current Naruto Databook suggests that she does house feelings for Naurto https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee-2ZFgUSQ8... but I'm not turning this into a heated shipping debate.

Anyway, her character has evolved beyond the Sasuke-fanboyism... her last true speaking appearance proves this http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/leaf_shinobi88/Screenshot2012-02-27at104808PM.png Clearly she's thinking about Sasuke there.

I don't care if you think about shippings, but to say she still only revolves around Sasuke is a huge mistake and shows that you haven't read a damn thing in the manga. Even if it's just friendship related, Sakura still has shown she thinks about Naruto as well.

Platinum fan.
22nd January 2013, 9:46 PM
Sakura trained with Tsnuade to become a better ninja, so that next time Naruto goes to save Sasuke, she can be right beside him as a equal. She battled Sasori to defend Naruto from him, true, but also to get info about Orochimaru and ultimately Sasuke. Sakura does care for Naruto, I don't know where you got the idea that I don't think Sakura cares for him, but not in a romantic way. I personally don't care for the romance in Naruto, it's not why I read the manga. But Sakura's ultimate goal has always been Sasuke. Yes, she wants to defend Naruto from the villains as well. When Sasuke gets saved what does Sakura do next? Actually that's a interesting thing to think about.

You can throw your hissy fit at me all you want, I was just addressing a question someone asked on why some people get on Sakura's back about Sasuke, but not Naruto, and IMO it's because she doesn't have much going for her other then trying to save Sasuke. I personally do not have a problem with Sakura. I like the character more then some realize, just not the direction she went in. Sakura could have been one of the best characters in this series if she was done right. Just because I criticize the character doesn't mean I don't like her. If I didn't like Sakura, I would simply say 'I hate her' and not even go into detail on why. But I like Sakura. It's sad she doesn't get to do more.

Also I don't follow Naruto Databooks, so whatever is in there, I would not know. I only follow what I see in the manga. Anything else I don't consider canon, unless the manga itself tells me to pick up a databook. If it has then I apologize for missing it.

Joltik-Kid
22nd January 2013, 11:03 PM
Sakura trained with Tsnuade to become a better ninja, so that next time Naruto goes to save Sasuke, she can be right beside him as a equal. She battled Sasori to defend Naruto from him, true, but also to get info about Orochimaru and ultimately Sasuke. Sakura does care for Naruto, I don't know where you got the idea that I don't think Sakura cares for him, but not in a romantic way. I personally don't care for the romance in Naruto, it's not why I read the manga. But Sakura's ultimate goal has always been Sasuke. Yes, she wants to defend Naruto from the villains as well. When Sasuke gets saved what does Sakura do next? Actually that's a interesting thing to think about.

You can throw your hissy fit at me all you want, I was just addressing a question someone asked on why some people get on Sakura's back about Sasuke, but not Naruto, and IMO it's because she doesn't have much going for her other then trying to save Sasuke. I personally do not have a problem with Sakura. I like the character more then some realize, just not the direction she went in. Sakura could have been one of the best characters in this series if she was done right. Just because I criticize the character doesn't mean I don't like her. If I didn't like Sakura, I would simply say 'I hate her' and not even go into detail on why. But I like Sakura. It's sad she doesn't get to do more.

Also I don't follow Naruto Databooks, so whatever is in there, I would not know. I only follow what I see in the manga. Anything else I don't consider canon, unless the manga itself tells me to pick up a databook. If it has then I apologize for missing it.
I'm throwing a hissy fit (seriously?) because you seem to assume that Sakura revolves around Sasuke... which again is untrue and you proved it in your very first sentence. You admit she wanted to better herself for both Sasuke's and Naruto's sake. But if you wanna live under that impression, be my guess... Kishi may be creative in different ways from other Shonen writers, but he's still following the same formula, Nerdy Main Character loves Tsundere Heroin and has a rivalry with Tsundere's love interest, Tsundere Heroin initially loves Main Rival, but slowly changes overtime, while Rival really only cares about himself and certain things Main Character does. But seeing as I care about all of Naruto's goals, which includes impressing Sakura (and the fact that until written in stone that he doesn't, he currently is still in love with her). Now again, I don't really care about couple outcomes, but if you truly cared about Sakura as much as you claimed, you'd realize she's not as one dimensional as you claim. And you realize it would be pretty horrible writing to turn Sasuke into an OC happy guy when Narut "saves" him when he's been played up to be the seclusive and sorta jerky type. I mean the whole reason Sakura was under the impression that Sasuke had a softer side was because of Naruto disguising himself as the guy, so he inadvertently dug his own grave in the beginning. But whatever you wanna think is fine by me, I just know that the manga already proved to me that Sakura's character does not rely on Sasuke.

I know you didn't bring this up, but it often gets called into question many times is her trying to kill Sasuke herself... you do realize she was willing to risk everything to kill him right, and even though she didn't end up doing so, if she succeed, she was gonna accept Naruto hating her for the rest of her life. She wanted to kill him because he was part of the reason why Naruto was lacking happiness (the other half being herself) and also because Sasuke was siding with Akatsuki, which I already previously stated she wanted to protect him from. Okay, I'll admit part of the reason she didn't kill him was because of lingering feelings, which in part is because Kishi isn't gonna decide on a pairing till the end (which again, I really wish to avoid in this thread) and mostly because of how anti-climatic it would be. But Sakura bashers look to that as a weakness in her character for whatever reason. I don't know, just felt the need to bring it up

Also, that databook stuff needs to be approved by Kishi first if it wants to be published, so it's still has author's intent value.

gohan5
22nd January 2013, 11:15 PM
I'm throwing a hissy fit (seriously?) because you seem to assume that Sakura revolves around Sasuke... which again is untrue and you proved it in your very first sentence. You admit she wanted to better herself for both Sasuke's and Naruto's sake. But if you wanna live under that impression, be my guess... Kishi may be creative in different ways from other Shonen writers, but he's still following the same formula, Nerdy Main Character loves Tsundere Heroin and has a rivalry with Tsundere's love interest, Tsundere Heroin initially loves Main Rival, but slowly changes overtime, while Rival really only cares about himself and certain things Main Character does. But seeing as I care about all of Naruto's goals, which includes impressing Sakura (and the fact that until written in stone that he doesn't, he currently is still in love with her). Now again, I don't really care about couple outcomes, but if you truly cared about Sakura as much as you claimed, you'd realize she's not as one dimensional as you claim. And you realize it would be pretty horrible writing to turn Sasuke into an OC happy guy when Narut "saves" him when he's been played up to be the seclusive and sorta jerky type. I mean the whole reason Sakura was under the impression that Sasuke had a softer side was because of Naruto disguising himself as the guy, so he inadvertently dug his own grave in the beginning. But whatever you wanna think is fine by me, I just know that the manga already proved to me that Sakura's character does not rely on Sasuke.

I know you didn't bring this up, but it often gets called into question many times is her trying to kill Sasuke herself... you do realize she was willing to risk everything to kill him right, and even though she didn't end up doing so, if she succeed, she was gonna accept Naruto hating her for the rest of her life. She wanted to kill him because he was part of the reason why Naruto was lacking happiness (the other half being herself) and also because Sasuke was siding with Akatsuki, which I already previously stated she wanted to protect him from. Okay, I'll admit part of the reason she didn't kill him was because of lingering feelings, which in part is because Kishi isn't gonna decide on a pairing till the end (which again, I really wish to avoid in this thread) and mostly because of how anti-climatic it would be. But Sakura bashers look to that as a weakness in her character for whatever reason. I don't know, just felt the need to bring it up

Also, that databook stuff needs to be approved by Kishi first if it wants to be published, so it's still has author's intent value.

Okay for someone that "doesn't care" about the romantic side you sure do bring it up a lot :/ His point wasn't that she has no character outside of a Sasuke fangirl, but rather that Sasuke ultimately fuels her drive, just like with Naruto. No amount of NaruSaku stuff can disprove that, which I don't see what the two have to do with it anyway. I mean really? Trying to say you know the author more than he knows himself and know who's gonna end up together or whatever? Plus the databook video was obviously biased, because those were just natural characteristics and recaps of events in the manga, not indisputable claims for a pairing. But again it has no bearing here. Oh and nice how you neglect to mention Sakura's fake confession in all that.

Lorde
22nd January 2013, 11:40 PM
Gee, some of you guys must really be into the story 'cause you're typing up research papers and essays. :p

On a minor note, I just got volumes 54 and 55, and in one of them there's a little quote from Kishi saying that he had to look back at previous volumes to draw some of the Edo Tensei ninja because he had forgotten how some of them looked like. I find that funny for some reason. He said it was time consuming as well. I wonder if that explains why the plot deteriorated as the war progressed; maybe Kishi was trying really hard to keep the character designs consistent that he sort of ignored the plot.

Joltik-Kid
23rd January 2013, 12:46 AM
Okay for someone that "doesn't care" about the romantic side you sure do bring it up a lot :/ His point wasn't that she has no character outside of a Sasuke fangirl, but rather that Sasuke ultimately fuels her drive, just like with Naruto. No amount of NaruSaku stuff can disprove that, which I don't see what the two have to do with it anyway. I mean really? Trying to say you know the author more than he knows himself and know who's gonna end up together or whatever? Plus the databook video was obviously biased, because those were just natural characteristics and recaps of events in the manga, not indisputable claims for a pairing. But again it has no bearing here. Oh and nice how you neglect to mention Sakura's fake confession in all that.
Okay, clearly all I'm trying to do is prove she isn't solely focused or centered around Sasuke, what exactly is it that people can't get? Maybe we're all just being biased (and don't you dare tell me your not), cause you and Platinum sure aren't seeing what I'm seeing and I sure don't see what you and him are seeing. And who said I know the author better then himself? All I said was it's following a standard Shonen formula. Bait me all you want to continue this, I don't really care what you like or don't like

gohan5
23rd January 2013, 12:53 AM
Okay, clearly all I'm trying to do is prove she isn't solely focused or centered around Sasuke, what exactly is it that people can't get? Maybe we're all just being biased (and don't you dare tell me your not), cause you and Platinum sure aren't seeing what I'm seeing and I sure don't see what you and him are seeing. And who said I know the author better then himself? All I said was it's following a standard Shonen formula. Bait me all you want to continue this, I don't really care what you like or don't like

Right, but your argument is that she's not focused on Sasuke because she has feelings for Naruto. And I don't think anyone is claiming that she's "solely focused" on Sasuke, at least I wasn't, so don't jump at me on that. If you mean, seeing all the stuff you say is blatant that Kishi wants NaruSaku then no, I don't see that. And again, neither of is here to discuss that, but have a rational talk about the manga. No baiting, but if you feel threatened, then I'm sorry. But his opinion is his own and you can't change that, just like yours is yours.

Platinum fan.
23rd January 2013, 1:11 AM
Okay then. I had no idea my answer to that question on the last page was going to stir up the Beedrill nest XD I'll post this and then I am done on the matter of Sakura's direction. If anyone wants to comment after, feel free to. I probably will not as this is just my opinion and not at all fact. And again I actually like Sakura. I don't dislike, I like her.

My main point was when it was asked why people give Sakura a hard time on why she's always on about Sasuke while Naruto is the same way, and I gave a answer that Naruto has more to fall back on other then Sasuke. Sakura does not, and IMO she doesn't. I'm not bashing her. Everyone in Naruto has a fault. Naruto, Sasuke, Hinata, Kakashi, Shikamaru, Ino, Choji, Neji, Tsunade, Obito, Madara, Kabuto, Orochimaru, and everyone else all have faults that makes them imperfect and IMO, Sakura's lack of a long term goal outside doing Sasuke stuff hurts her character. I'm not bashing, just criticizing. As for as the romance goes, I really don't care. I don't care who ends up with who at this point. I'll tease a ship if Kishi does but beyond that I don't care so lets throw shipping off the table. What is Sakura's goal? It's not to be the top kunoichi from what I can tell, that was like Tenten's goal or something. So IMO Sakura suffers from a lack of a long term goal and only has her Sasuke stuff to fuel her. But if you still think I'm being unfair to Sakura, I'll say this. Sasuke only has his revenge fuel. Take that away and Sasuke has nothing to fall back on either, so it's not like she's alone in that department. I also like Sasuke.

I've said in the past that I find Sakura's crush on Sasuke to be shallow, I stand by that, but the fact that it's her major storyline hurts her character for me. Yes she supports and cares for Naruto. She cared for Rock Lee to, so obviously she has multiple friends/people to care for but her main concern has always been Sasuke. Protecting Naruto is a close second, sure, but Sasuke is always her main goal. It will be very interesting when Naruto and Sasuke battle. Sakura will have to choose a side and this is probably going to be when she really shines. That is really all I have left to say on the subject. I wasn't trying to put Sakura down, again I like the character.

miles0624
23rd January 2013, 2:04 AM
Okay then. I had no idea my answer to that question on the last page was going to stir up the Beedrill nest XD I'll post this and then I am done on the matter of Sakura's direction. If anyone wants to comment after, feel free to. I probably will not as this is just my opinion and not at all fact. And again I actually like Sakura. I don't dislike, I like her.

My main point was when it was asked why people give Sakura a hard time on why she's always on about Sasuke while Naruto is the same way, and I gave a answer that Naruto has more to fall back on other then Sasuke. Sakura does not, and IMO she doesn't. I'm not bashing her. Everyone in Naruto has a fault. Naruto, Sasuke, Hinata, Kakashi, Shikamaru, Ino, Choji, Neji, Tsunade, Obito, Madara, Kabuto, Orochimaru, and everyone else all have faults that makes them imperfect and IMO, Sakura's lack of a long term goal outside doing Sasuke stuff hurts her character. I'm not bashing, just criticizing. As for as the romance goes, I really don't care. I don't care who ends up with who at this point. I'll tease a ship if Kishi does but beyond that I don't care so lets throw shipping off the table. What is Sakura's goal? It's not to be the top kunoichi from what I can tell, that was like Tenten's goal or something. So IMO Sakura suffers from a lack of a long term goal and only has her Sasuke stuff to fuel her. But if you still think I'm being unfair to Sakura, I'll say this. Sasuke only has his revenge fuel. Take that away and Sasuke has nothing to fall back on either, so it's not like she's alone in that department. I also like Sasuke.

I've said in the past that I find Sakura's crush on Sasuke to be shallow, I stand by that, but the fact that it's her major storyline hurts her character for me. Yes she supports and cares for Naruto. She cared for Rock Lee to, so obviously she has multiple friends/people to care for but her main concern has always been Sasuke. Protecting Naruto is a close second, sure, but Sasuke is always her main goal. It will be very interesting when Naruto and Sasuke battle. Sakura will have to choose a side and this is probably going to be when she really shines. That is really all I have left to say on the subject. I wasn't trying to put Sakura down, again I like the character.

Why not continue commenting, this is a good discussion.

I really don't agree with Sakura's feelings for Sasuke being baseless. We have to remember, during their time as a team, they did spend time together. To the point at the end of part one, Sasuke actually thanked Sakura. The emo kid actually thanked the girl he called annoying and that he quite hated in the beginning. I feel that during Part 1, Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura developed the same bond that Ino, Choji, and Shikamura had. It is actually a whole lot similar. Shikamura is Sasuke to a lesser degree, with ino and Sakura, and Choji and Naruto being the bottom tear that the team continuously presses to be better. However, if Kishi had wrote more into their relationship, we would be complaining about him giving too much time to it. However, I think she does have some bases for this.

Also, Sakura does have something to fall back on. At age 15, she is one of the best medical ninjas in the world. She will always have that to fall back on along with her ninja training. I don't think we have enough information to justify her life revolving around Sasuke. The problem is that Kishi only shows her to us in a time where it involves Sasuke. This I blame Kishi for. It has been stated that she can do the same justu as Kabuto, so she is implied to be a great fighter. However, he always makes her upstaged because giving her something good would imply she was better than Naruto. Look at the Sasori battle. Many people say that was with Chiyo's help, but neglect the fact that she stated the she rarley helped Sakura towards the end, yet it took Naruto and Kakashi to get D-whatever. I think that showed her progress, but no one can upstage the main hero, so she gets knocked down.

I like Sakura. The problem I have is she is not developed. Yes, she is the most shown female character, but Kishi only shows her in times when it has something to do with Sasuke. We have never seen her common interactions in every day life like we saw with Tenten. We barley see Tenten, but when we do, it directly attributes a part of her character. Everytime we see Sakura, she is either helping Narutom or doing something for Sasuke, which shows non of her intermost doings.

In conclusion, I think the best way to show Sasuke is not at her for front is through Naruto and this war. When Zetsu tried to kill her when working, she was only thinking about helping the wounded. When going to naruto, she only thought of helping him. While it is obvious she still has a crush on Sasuke, it is obvious it is not a dominant form in her life.

I typed this on a blackberry. I'll read it later.

J Ken
23rd January 2013, 4:33 AM
It's funny that Tenten has the least amount of screen-time among the female characters given that Kishi said he liked her and wanted to show her more often. I guess using the Bashōsen is all she will get to do in this war.

It's more then what Shino got. In the entire series all he got was to beat Zaku in the Chunin Exams and to battle Tobi for a while with the rest of the Eight Man Squad.

Crimsonlink
23rd January 2013, 6:02 AM
I hate Sakura, frankly she is a terrible character that has no redeeming qualities in my eyes as the manga is/plans to wrapping up. I don't think Kishi will manage to change my mind about it either in the near future.

Lorde
23rd January 2013, 7:21 AM
Yay, early chapter. Sort of. More mourning for Neji, but it was actually really sad this time since Lee was thinking about him, and he and Neji were rivals. It seems the Alliance is getting the upper hand; Obito was forced to use his jutsu again and even Madara was cut, although he's obviously still fine. And we finally see Sasuke and the others arrive at their destination. It looks like it's the shrine after all.

TsukiMirage
23rd January 2013, 7:28 AM
So we get an explanation of how Naruto did what he did, though it still seems like a random power-up, and he empowers the entire Alliance. Done with people bringing up Neji, though the symbolize was nice. And their execution of Shikaku's plan was nice, but unfortunately no follow-up like sealing Madara when they had the chance. Guess this means a wild Juubi next.

And Team Taka arrives at their destination, so next chapter will probably focus upon Sasuke.

lolipiece
23rd January 2013, 7:39 AM
Why is Orochimaru wearing the cloak?

Hell, why are any of them wearing the cloak?

Is there anyone even left to spot them at the moment? And even if there was anyone, who could stop them?

7 tyranitars
23rd January 2013, 1:42 PM

Is there anyone even left to spot them at the moment? And even if there was anyone, who could stop them?

Because it is raining :P.

BJPalmer85
23rd January 2013, 2:43 PM
not a bad chapter.

who fixed Naruto's shoulder? was it Sakura or Hinata? kinda looked like Hinata to me

B

OrcaCity
23rd January 2013, 2:54 PM
Shout out to Sasuke actually coming back to the village when no one is there.

A week old but I've been waiting to say that somewhere.

Platinum fan.
23rd January 2013, 3:13 PM
The latest chapter was pretty alright. I'm glad they had the Lee and Neji stuff in there. Lee lost his friend and rival :( but the war arc must goes on. This is the kind of thing a war arc needs. Emotion and the pain of lost friends. Of course we don't see Tenten reaction's to Neji. They are saving it for when she saves the world all on her own, lol. We've had people shining in chapters so for this one I would say Lee and I guess Hinata. I was about to say it was cheap how Hinata fixed Naruto's shoulder so easily, but then I remembered way back in part 1 it was either Kakashi or Lee who explained that the Hyuuga's jabbing finger thingie can work both ways by stopping Chakra or making it flow to their liking. So as far as I can tell, Hinata is the first Hyuuga in the manga to do it that way, correct me if I'm wrong. I also enjoyed Kyuubi teasing Minato and Kushina on how Naruto surpassed them, despite the fact that they would want it that way.

I find it funny that when the scene shifted to Sasuke's group, Jugo is in the back. Oh Jugo, so unloved. I kinda liked seeing Orochimaru in the cloak. He should quote sith lord stuff while he's in it. "Sasuke your hate has made you powerful." Overall a decent chapter. Not the best. I really enjoyed Lee's memories of Neji. Never let it die.

Rowdy
23rd January 2013, 5:44 PM
not a bad chapter.

who fixed Naruto's shoulder? was it Sakura or Hinata? kinda looked like Hinata to me

B

It was Hinata. Note the "Gentle Fist" words as a hand touches Naruto's shoulder plus we see Hinata both in the proper position and with a hand extended to Naruto's shoulder in the following group shot.

Ace Of Keys
23rd January 2013, 9:12 PM
I'm more intersted in what Sasuke is trying to achieve and why he would summon Orochimaru. Clearly he needs him otherwise why summon him? my guess is that it may have something to do with Obito and Madara. it may even be about something we overlooked that proves to be a huge thing

Lorde
23rd January 2013, 9:15 PM
I'm more intersted in what Sasuke is trying to achieve and why he would summon Orochimaru. Clearly he needs him otherwise why summon him? my guess is that it may have something to do with Obito and Madara. it may even be about something we overlooked that proves to be a huge thing

Didn't he want to ask him about the scroll that Suigetsu and Jugo found a while back? Only Orochimaru would know all the details about that.

TsukiMirage
23rd January 2013, 9:19 PM

Is there anyone even left to spot them at the moment? And even if there was anyone, who could stop them? Obviously because it makes them feel more spyish. Technically there should still be people, but they already walked into the village without disguises, so probably wouldn't matter now.

not a bad chapter.

B Hinata, proving that Kishi really does hate Sakura by having Hinata take the one scene where she could have shined.

miles0624
23rd January 2013, 10:10 PM
Obviously because it makes them feel more spyish. Technically there should still be people, but they already walked into the village without disguises, so probably wouldn't matter now.

Hinata, proving that Kishi really does hate Sakura by having Hinata take the one scene where she could have shined.

Yeah, with no one to stop them, why bother. Actually, I thought a couple of genin were left in each of the villages. I may be wrong.

Kishi needs to kill Sakura off or let her do something. Did anyone else notice we saw all the female kunoichi except her this chapter. Hell, if we see Tenten, why can't we even see her.

Shneak
24th January 2013, 1:17 AM
- Dance of the Ninja 2. Very Kubo.
- I'm glad that this is being explained, though it's not far from being a ridiculous power-up.
- Tenten front bow b!thces.
- Obito gets the one-liners in this chapter.
- Is that a bird?
- Getting owned.
- Madara should whip out some eyehax or God meteors now.
- Obviously the old Uchiha District.

Good chapter. Interesting to see the Allied Shinobi Forces advance on Madara and Obito. I wonder where Taka is heading as well. Isn't the tablet there? Maybe Orochimaru is getting Sasuke the rinnegan. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Hashirama is found chilling out soon.

JD
24th January 2013, 1:48 AM
What the **** is wrong with Orochimaru's shoulders? Good lord they look so broad LMAO.
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/617/17

Shneak
24th January 2013, 2:08 AM
I was going to mention that, haha. Orochimaru got jacked.

HoennMaster
24th January 2013, 3:23 AM
Judging by the looks, I'm guessing that was one of Oro's hideouts they arrived at?

-Raiga-
24th January 2013, 4:09 AM
What the **** is wrong with Orochimaru's shoulders? Good lord they look so broad LMAO.
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/617/17

Haha, I didn't even notice that, I guess not everybody can come back from the dead with moviestar good looks(cough-madara-cough)

TsukiMirage
24th January 2013, 5:09 AM
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/617/17 It's the ropebelt thing he wears, the ends of them are sticking up underneath.

Lorde
24th January 2013, 5:18 AM
Judging by the looks, I'm guessing that was one of Oro's hideouts they arrived at?

The place looks deserted and decrepit, so I'm going to assume that it's the old Uchiha neighborhood, which makes me think that they're going to the hidden shrine.

Crimsonlink
24th January 2013, 7:04 AM
The best part about this chapter was Lee. Crushing Madara with a kick like that, he did more in 1 panel than all 5 kages combined lmao.

Emperor Empoleon
24th January 2013, 8:50 AM
Hinata, proving that Kishi really does hate Sakura by having Hinata take the one scene where she could have shined.

Sakura didn't even show up for this chapter at all did she?

Like...Near every ninja in the allied forces just used this huge team attack, and the main heroine is just not there. Not even a panel of cheerleading or something...

I smell shenanigans. Or Kishi forgot about her again.

Kamex
24th January 2013, 11:56 AM
It's the ropebelt thing he wears, the ends of them are sticking up underneath.
I think it's much more likely that Orochimaru lifts weights now. Or he's hauling the casket of Izuna Uchiha to Edo Tensei at the perfect moment.

OrcaCity
24th January 2013, 2:13 PM
I just hope (but really don't hope) we see some of the Kages soon. I'm starting to erode (Gaara is my favorite character and you could say, I've had a crush on him for longer than even I would like to admit. Oops.). It's making everything else in the manga irrelevant to me.

Platinum fan.
24th January 2013, 4:03 PM
I keep forgetting about the Kages. Probably because their "Kage" status has been trumped by Tailed Beast and Sharingan/Rinnegan. Still I don't think Gaara will die. He already died once so he'll probably live when Tsunade does her healing thing. How much he'll contribute to the plot at this point is up in the air. Gaara's story is pretty much finished. Most of it is anyway. I'm kind of curious on what becomes of Yamato and Karin at this point. Yamato might be killed off but I wonder what happens to Karin next? I would have liked to have seen her and Naruto interact. They are both Uzumaki after all. Also is Anko still alive? I can't remember and it's hard to tell. So many times I see her lifeless body and I think she's dead but she's not. Poor Anko.

Joltik-Kid
24th January 2013, 7:41 PM
Finally got time to read the chapter fully and I gotta say, things are getting quite intense. With Obito's connect to the beast getting disconnect, I wonder what's gonna happen there.

Gotta say though the art style got a bit clunky, Naruto's head shot looked weird and Orchimaru's shoulders at the end made him look buff

J Ken
24th January 2013, 7:45 PM
Finally got time to read the chapter fully and I gotta say, things are getting quite intense. With Obito's connect to the beast getting disconnect, I wonder what's gonna happen there.

Gotta say though the art style got a bit clunky, Naruto's head shot looked weird and Orchimaru's shoulders at the end made him look buff

There might be a chance that the Ten Tails will rampage. If that happens everyone is in trouble. The only reason the alliance is lasting so long is because Obito and Madar weren't making the Ten Tails continuously attack them, now that they aren't there to restrict it the Alliance are in trouble. I wonder how they will achieve Eye of the Moon then.

Joltik-Kid
24th January 2013, 7:49 PM
There might be a chance that the Ten Tails will rampage. If that happens everyone is in trouble. The only reason the alliance is lasting so long is because Obito and Madar weren't making the Ten Tails continuously attack them, now that they aren't there to restrict it the Alliance are in trouble. I wonder how they will achieve Eye of the Moon then.
Rampage is what I expect, but for being villains, they sure seem to love to give the heroes a bit of an advantage. Is it because their cocky about their own power? Possibly XD

LizardonX
24th January 2013, 7:52 PM
Just wait for Sasuke to kill the juubi in like 2 seconds just as thr good guys are about to lose.

J Ken
24th January 2013, 7:56 PM
Just wait for Sasuke to kill the juubi in like 2 seconds just as thr good guys are about to lose.

Sasuke would be lucky to even make the Nine Tails flinch let alone kill the Ten Tails. Besides can't Tailed Beasts come back from the dead?

Joltik-Kid
24th January 2013, 8:40 PM
Sasuke would be lucky to even make the Nine Tails flinch let alone kill the Ten Tails. Besides can't Tailed Beasts come back from the dead?
They do, but it takes time

HoennMaster
24th January 2013, 9:14 PM
The place looks deserted and decrepit, so I'm going to assume that it's the old Uchiha neighborhood, which makes me think that they're going to the hidden shrine.

I didn't even that of that. That could be a good possibility too.

OrcaCity
24th January 2013, 10:01 PM
-Stares at Orochimaru's shoulders-
Bodybuilder Orochimaru aww yeah

Joltik-Kid
24th January 2013, 11:40 PM
-Stares at Orochimaru's shoulders-
Bodybuilder Orochimaru aww yeah
I guess an off panel body switch XD or just sloppy drawing

Lorde
25th January 2013, 12:26 AM
I'm stunned that Hinata popped Naruto's shoulder back into place (maybe she should do the same to Orochimaru). I just think that was weird given that we already have Sakura and that seems to be more her forte. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Hinata is helping Naruto and being useful, but she's essentially taking over Sakura's job.

Oh, and I just noticed that Akamaru was given Kurama's chakra as well. How cute. :3

Platinum fan.
25th January 2013, 1:19 AM
Ino apparently can also do some kind of healing stuff as she was healing Naruto after the Kakuzu battle. It's not uncommon for female ninjas to know how to heal, they seem to all know how to. Kishi seems to sterotype Konoha ninjas as medics, minus Tenten...as far as we know. Interestingly, Hinata wasn't using a medic healing jutsu but her Gentle Fist Hyuuga style. As far as Sakura goes, she is nowhere to be found in all this.

SenorLaughsaLot
25th January 2013, 1:47 AM
Ino apparently can also do some kind of healing stuff as she was healing Naruto after the Kakuzu battle. It's not uncommon for female ninjas to know how to heal, they seem to all know how to. Kishi seems to sterotype Konoha ninjas as medics, minus Tenten...as far as we know. Interestingly, Hinata wasn't using a medic healing jutsu but her Gentle Fist Hyuuga style. As far as Sakura goes, she is nowhere to be found in all this.

If I remember correctly, Ino tried to study medical ninjutsu because Sakura was.

I just wanted to mention that they had Hinata using medical ninjutsu in the anime, but let's not get that mixed up with the manga. XD Just wanted to mention it, thought it was weird when I saw it.

I was looking all over for Sakura... was sad not to see her. Kishi must be saving her for something. Or nothing. I hope it's something.

I also loved Lee's kick to Madara, and his reaction after it was all "AW SH**".

JD
25th January 2013, 2:01 AM
I'm stunned that Hinata popped Naruto's shoulder back into place (maybe she should do the same to Orochimaru). I just think that was weird given that we already have Sakura and that seems to be more her forte. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Hinata is helping Naruto and being useful, but she's essentially taking over Sakura's job.

Oh, and I just noticed that Akamaru was given Kurama's chakra as well. How cute. :3

I just noticed that.

By the way, did anyone notice Hachibi has both of his horns cut now?
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/617/8

Joltik-Kid
25th January 2013, 2:20 AM
I just noticed that.

Ugh... that Naruto face looks weird :P

gohan5
25th January 2013, 3:01 AM

Tenten tried to learn medical ninjutsu in the anime, when she was younger, but she found out it wasn't her thing. I think she knows basic first aid stuff in the anime, but that's about it. Hinata using the Gentle Fist on Naruto was pretty cool though, since I've never seen it used in that way before.

-Raiga-
25th January 2013, 3:40 AM
Its odd because they are completely opposite opinions but, I really hope Lee gets to be the one to fight Madara by himself, OR for madara to wipe lee out in 5 seconds.

Preferably the latter because I feel the war needs a LOT more main deaths, but also for consistency in Madara's ridiculous powers that just feel like they aren't remotely as close to when he fought the kages. However if you were to sum up this war in one word, I have a feeling "consistency" would be the very last word you'd pick.

waffle_x_v
25th January 2013, 3:57 AM
No moar "friendship" D: F#ck that retarded theme, it gets old.

Lorde
25th January 2013, 5:11 AM
I just noticed that.

Oh wow. The artwork in this chapter was messy; I just noticed how odd Naruto's face looks. Plus of course, Orochimaru's shoulders and Sasuke's unaligned eyes in one panel.

7 tyranitars
25th January 2013, 11:35 AM
Oh wow. The artwork in this chapter was messy; I just noticed how odd Naruto's face looks. Plus of course, Orochimaru's shoulders and Sasuke's unaligned eyes in one panel.

Someone else mentioned this before, but orochimaru's shoulder, isn't that because of the Sound rope thing he has up there?

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Orochimaru

Platinum fan.
25th January 2013, 2:48 PM
If I remember correctly, Ino tried to study medical ninjutsu because Sakura was.

I just wanted to mention that they had Hinata using medical ninjutsu in the anime, but let's not get that mixed up with the manga. XD Just wanted to mention it, thought it was weird when I saw it.

I was looking all over for Sakura... was sad not to see her. Kishi must be saving her for something. Or nothing. I hope it's something.

I also loved Lee's kick to Madara, and his reaction after it was all "AW SH**".

Really? Since I don't watch the anime I would not know. I only go by the manga and consider anime stuff that has not made it into the manga, not canon at all. The manga literally has to tell me to watch a episode for me to even consider it. So Ino, Hinata, and Tenten's history of medic ninja stuff I know nothing about. Ino's only used it once in the manga, don't know how often she uses it in the anime. Hinata has never healed outside giving Naruto some kind of ointment after his Chunnin exam battle with Kiba. She used the Gentle Fist as her Hyuuga style more then a medical ninja jutsu to heal Naruto and it was explained in part 1 that it works that way too. So it sounds like the anime gave all the Konoha females a medic background of some kind.

It is cool that Hinata can heal Naruto, without taking medical ninja stuff when she can just use her Gentle Fist. She must be her teams healer :P

Lorde
25th January 2013, 9:07 PM
Someone else mentioned this before, but orochimaru's shoulder, isn't that because of the Sound rope thing he has up there?

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Orochimaru

I suppose, although it still looks a little lopsided.

And whoa, whoa, whoa, where is Anko? I totally forgot about her; did Sasuke just leave her in Kabuto's cave with absolutely no second thought about her safety?

gohan5
25th January 2013, 9:45 PM
I suppose, although it still looks a little lopsided.

And whoa, whoa, whoa, where is Anko? I totally forgot about her; did Sasuke just leave her in Kabuto's cave with absolutely no second thought about her safety?

Yeah I think so, or she didn't survive Orochimaru's extraction from her body. I hope she's not dead, but we'll see. Funny, since she's Kishi's favorite female.

Shneak
26th January 2013, 3:20 AM
Nobody cares about Anko but Kabuto. And he's preoccupied.

Lorde
26th January 2013, 8:53 PM
Yeah I think so, or she didn't survive Orochimaru's extraction from her body. I hope she's not dead, but we'll see. Funny, since she's Kishi's favorite female.

It sucks that like Tenten, Anko is virtually ignored even though Kishi has expressed so much interest in her. I pray that she'll return safe and sound; maybe Karin will find the cave in her search for Sasuke and she'll bring Anko with her back to Konoha, maybe as a token of appreciation for the way the Konoha ninja saved her.