PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116

Locormus
23rd April 2013, 4:30 PM
So uhm.. What the heck did I just read?

All that I got was:
- That Naruto is still giving out Chakra to save everybody's butts.
- Madara knows Hashirama's back.
- They're about to set the Juubi free.
- Kakashi and Obito elope.
- Something happened to the battlefield, but I'm not sure what.. -.-

Seriously, was this all that has happened???

If so, then subpar chapter, because I don't know what the heck was going on half of the time.

Platinum fan.
23rd April 2013, 7:06 PM
I didn't realize there was a new Naruto Chapter today. Well that throws off my Wednesday schedule. Anyway the chapter was alright. Glad to see the shift back to Naruto's battle. I just realized I haven't seen Sakura in awhile. I forgot she was involved in this battle, I need more Sakura so moments like this won't happen. I also forgot about Killer Bee as well. Naruto's friends are still in Kyuubi mode and Kakashi and Obito decide to go on a dimension date, where we might get some answers on poor sweet Rin. Madara getting high knowing Hashirama is around, oh goodie I get to see two immortal zombies battle until the end of time, since neither can die. Ugh I wish the dead Kages stayed dead. At this point I'd rather see Naruto and his Kyuubi League of Ninjas finish off Madara. After that long as crap flashback I am not eager to see Hashirama and Madara again. Just being honest, nor do I need to see Naruto and Minato meet. The Chakra meeting during the Pain arc was enough for me and this face to face reunion will make the meeting look less memorable.

Kamex
23rd April 2013, 7:06 PM

All that I got was:

If so, then subpar chapter, because I don't know what the heck was going on half of the time.
Not sure what you're confused about, everything you said was correct. Except with the eloping I guess lol. And I think the battlefield was supposed to look confusing and chaotic, but maybe it could have been drawn better. The main problem is pacing, because Kishi is still rushing towards the end of the story.

Dancing Togekiss
23rd April 2013, 8:17 PM
Today was a good chapter. Didn't even think there would be one today.
Now I have battle predictions:
Obito vs Kakashi: We should be able to see what happened to Rin and I am guessing Obito will lose and die.
Madara vs Hashirma: The battled once before and now they get to do it in the afterlife. Since they are both zombies I wonder how one will will even win?
Juubi vs naruto/2nd,3rd,4th Hokage and everyone else: I think I figured out what Minato wanted to give Naruto. Minato only sealed half of the Kyuubi's chakara inside Naruto and the other half insode himself so he didn't get overpowered with all the chakara. Now that the reaper jitsu us broken he can probably give Him the rest and he can turn into the Kyuubi and defeat the Juubi.

Lorde
23rd April 2013, 8:39 PM
I hope the Juubi's new form looks better than its previous forms. I really loved the last page though; Kishi did a good job showing how powerful the Juubi really is. I mean it was able to create lightning and twisters just by changing forms. That's pretty amazing.

Platinum fan.
23rd April 2013, 8:47 PM
The last page was pretty epic. Like the world was going to end. The Juubi should just have a massive troll face. Why? Because you know it's going to shrug off everything the Alliance throw at it, so it might as well look the part XD. Also I wonder when we're going to see the fates of the Gokage? I don't expect them to join the fight, but stop holding off the death and tell us already.

Shneak
23rd April 2013, 9:26 PM
I felt kind of winded from reading that, so I had to read it a second time. I think it was the dialogue between Naruto and Obito that confused me. Anyway, it wasn't bad. I think that the foreshadowing of Naruto running out of chakra but inheriting the other half of Kurama is obvious, but we'll see. I like that the Juubi is an actual threat now and doesn't just shoot giant thorns. I also expected Obito to kidnap Kakashi at some point to do the explaining, but I thought it was weird that he abandoned Madara when he was anxious to become the Jinchuuriki seconds before.

TsukiMirage
24th April 2013, 12:14 AM
Madara's crazy face and Juubi's end times was the only interesting parts of the chapter, though was surprised Sakura got panel time. Really glad Obito and Kakashi left to another dimension, that means no more stellar conversations between him and Naruto now. Lame chapter for a week's wait.

Banana Knight Arthur
24th April 2013, 12:15 AM

All that I got was:

Part of me thinks Kishimoto is just milking this series for all it's worth......This 'great war' could have ended about 20-25 chapters ago.

So many pointless chapters like this weeks' that do nothing to advance the plot.

Lorde
24th April 2013, 12:55 AM
Sigh. I really wanted Madara to show some fear when he detected Hashirama's chakra. Now that he seems more excited than anything, it seems that if he does battle Hashirama, he'll win. It sort of makes Hashirama's return anti-climactic.

Joltik-Kid
24th April 2013, 1:06 AM
Part of me thinks Kishimoto is just milking this series for all it's worth......This 'great war' could have ended about 20-25 chapters ago.

So many pointless chapters like this weeks' that do nothing to advance the plot.
This chapter was a set up point... not all that pointless

Shadow Lucario
24th April 2013, 3:15 AM
Sigh. I really wanted Madara to show some fear when he detected Hashirama's chakra. Now that he seems more excited than anything, it seems that if he does battle Hashirama, he'll win. It sort of makes Hashirama's return anti-climactic.

Well if you look at Madara you can notice that he's trembling. Whether it's out of fear or excitement, it's still the single greatest panel of this series.

Banana Knight Arthur
24th April 2013, 3:17 AM
Well if you look at Madara you can notice that he's trembling. Whether it's out of fear or excitement, it's still the single greatest panel of this series.

Excitement. Have no doubts.

IF Madara loses, it'll be due to all 5 Hokage gang-beating him up.

PokeMaster366
24th April 2013, 3:37 AM

I've seen this week's new Bleach chapter. You're better off just sticking to Naruto.

Banana Knight Arthur
24th April 2013, 3:59 AM
I've seen this week's new Bleach chapter. You're better off just sticking to Naruto.

I read both weekly out of a blunted sense of loyalty, I've been following both for at least the past 7-8 years.

Only the desire to see the end of each propels me forward.

Joltik-Kid
24th April 2013, 4:32 AM
Excitement. Have no doubts.

IF Madara loses, it'll be due to all 5 Hokage gang-beating him up.
Who's the 5th?

Banana Knight Arthur
24th April 2013, 4:53 AM
Who's the 5th?

Tsunade? This war has been so long I forget if she died or was incapacitated....

Joltik-Kid
24th April 2013, 4:58 AM
Tsunade? This war has been so long I forget if she died or was incapacitated....
Well yeah it's Tsunade XD... yup we've forgotten about her just like the entire cast has forgotten about Yamato. Last we saw her, she was split in-half talking to Katsuyu about healing the other current kages

Lorde
24th April 2013, 6:44 AM

I'm pretty sure he's excited. I mean he was bragging about how powerful Hashirama was and how only he could provide a good challenge. So it looks like he's getting another chance to fight him and he's excited to finally have a "worthy" opponent. Watch him get trolled again by Hashirama's Wood Clone though. :p

TsukiMirage
24th April 2013, 6:50 AM
Sigh. I really wanted Madara to show some fear when he detected Hashirama's chakra. Now that he seems more excited than anything, it seems that if he does battle Hashirama, he'll win. It sort of makes Hashirama's return anti-climactic. Why would he show fear? He's never been scared of Hashirama before, and now he's stronger then ever. But I wouldn't exactly count Hashirama out. Madara thought he would win before and ended up getting beat by a basic trick. As an Edo summon, Madara doesn't have to be actually beaten down to lose. Him getting sealed or somehow released would worked just as well.

Kamex
24th April 2013, 7:32 PM
But I wouldn't exactly count Hashirama out. Madara thought he would win before and ended up getting beat by a basic trick.
It may not have been that simple though, since Madara somehow survived. Perhaps he actually tricked Hashirama.

TsukiMirage
24th April 2013, 9:08 PM
It may not have been that simple though, since Madara somehow survived. Perhaps he actually tricked Hashirama. Madara as admitted he lost and seems too impressed with Hashirama for it to have been some feint. There may have been more to it, but even Madara has acknowledged that Hashirama is the only one who could fight him currently, and he should know best of all.

Lorde
25th April 2013, 7:57 PM
I think Madara should have been worried the moment he sensed Hashirama's chakra since he knew he was dead. I would think that he would at least express interest in who brought him back to life, but he just seems glad to have his old rival back, showing even more arrogance than before. I really hope Obito gets to be the Juubi's jinchuriki because Madara is already overpowered as things stand.

Platinum fan.
25th April 2013, 8:26 PM
Naruto still feels like a fanfic craze these days. All four Hokage being brought back from the dead and how easy it was for Orochimaru to do it and get his original arms back. I feel like nearly everything from part 1 has been butchered during this war arc. I'm still laughing at the fact that Sarutobi truly died for nothing, Orochimaru won in the end, and now he's Orochimaru's zombie slave. But whatever, I'm looking more forward to Juubi action then Madara vs the previous Hokages. It will be amusing that the Alliance needed zombies of their own to fight Madara, when the entire Alliance and the current Gokage were not enough. When am I going to see Edo Tensei Neji?

Shneak
25th April 2013, 10:07 PM
Madara being afraid wouldn't work because he's going to lose. If he's excited, he'll fight all out, and it will be his ego and overconfidence that kills him. But now that they're both superhuman, they don't have to resort to using Wood Clones. Or strategy.

By the way, did the Moon's Eye Plan change? I thought that Obito was supposed to use Rinne Rebirth to make Madara mortal, and thus allowing him to host the Juubi. Now suddenly Obito is going to be the jinchuuriki.

Lorde
26th April 2013, 12:42 AM
By the way, did the Moon's Eye Plan change? I thought that Obito was supposed to use Rinne Rebirth to make Madara mortal, and thus allowing him to host the Juubi. Now suddenly Obito is going to be the jinchuuriki.

The plan was for Madara to become the jinchuriki, but apparently Obito doesn't want to follow that plan anymore. Not that I blame him since going with Madara's idea would mean giving up his own life. He probably doesn't trust Madara anyway; the fact that he was so bothered when Kabuto revived him makes me think he stopped following Madara's will a long time ago.

PokeMaster366
26th April 2013, 2:00 AM
Naruto still feels like a fanfic craze these days. All four Hokage being brought back from the dead and how easy it was for Orochimaru to do it and get his original arms back. I feel like nearly everything from part 1 has been butchered during this war arc. I'm still laughing at the fact that Sarutobi truly died for nothing, Orochimaru won in the end, and now he's Orochimaru's zombie slave. But whatever, I'm looking more forward to Juubi action then Madara vs the previous Hokages. It will be amusing that the Alliance needed zombies of their own to fight Madara, when the entire Alliance and the current Gokage were not enough. When am I going to see Edo Tensei Neji?

As soon as Sasuke unlocks the Rinnegan, uses it to fully translate the Uchiha slab, and steals the Juubi in order to become a pseudo-god.

pwnswitchclik
26th April 2013, 2:34 AM
As soon as Sasuke unlocks the Rinnegan, uses it to fully translate the Uchiha slab, and steals the Juubi in order to become a pseudo-god.

Not if Orochimaru can somehow turn the events. He's up to something.

Kamex
26th April 2013, 7:30 AM
The plan was for Madara to become the jinchuriki, but apparently Obito doesn't want to follow that plan anymore. Not that I blame him since going with Madara's idea would mean giving up his own life. He probably doesn't trust Madara anyway; the fact that he was so bothered when Kabuto revived him makes me think he stopped following Madara's will a long time ago.
I wonder how many of the schemes Obito carried out after Madara's death were of his own accord, or better yet, against Madara's original intentions. Other than the whole Edo-Tensei business, Nagato's defection and the Hachibi and Kyuubi's capture delay.

Considering the fact that Madara probably isn't aware of Sasuke's Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (or of Sasuke himself), I don't think it's too far-fetched to suppose Sasuke will be able to get something particularly useful from that slab that no one is expecting. Not sure about becoming a pseudo-god though haha, although I suppose Madara's practically at that point now so who knows what Sasuke will do.

With Naruto's strong similarity to the Sage, and with him being the "chosen one", maybe Naruto will save the world by becoming the Juubi's jinchuuriki himself. It would be an interesting parallel to the very beginning of the series when he unwittingly did so with the Kyuubi, except this time instead of despising him everyone will cherish him for it.

SharpedoX
26th April 2013, 11:32 AM
Who else is interested in knowing more of the Sage himself? I suppose a flashback showing his face is in order (at least), no? With all that's going on, I won't even be surprised if he's *the* final Edo Tensei.

Not if Orochimaru can somehow turn the events. He's up to something.

Definitely. I'm not buying his change of heart that quickly. And speaking of which, why did they simply leave Kabuto unattended?

Chop his head and be done with him before he becomes another plot point.

Shneak
26th April 2013, 10:07 PM
The Sage of Six Paths actually appears in the newest opening, though his face is obscured. It might be the closest we'll ever see of him though.

Rowdy
27th April 2013, 12:33 PM
One thing I don't get is Obito planning to have Nagato use Rinne Tensei to revive Madara to begin with. Why waste it on Madara and not use Rinne Tensei to revive Rin instead? After all, the original would be preferable to just an illusion and he could use Kamui to take her away to a place where she'd always be safe.

Lorde
27th April 2013, 6:59 PM
One thing I don't get is Obito planning to have Nagato use Rinne Tensei to revive Madara to begin with. Why waste it on Madara and not use Rinne Tensei to revive Rin instead? After all, the original would be preferable to just an illusion and he could use Kamui to take her away to a place where she'd always be safe.

It's been implied that Rinne Tensei can only revive people when certain conditions are met. We don't know what those conditions are though. Besides, since Obito no longer cares about the world, it's unlikely that he would have tried to revive Rin anyway. He seems to want to cast the illusion because he believes that he'll create a peaceful new world where he's reunited with his friends and such.

Kamex
27th April 2013, 9:04 PM
Yeah, I think Obito's been disillusioned with life in general, Rin was only the trigger to begin his transformation. As Tobi, or "no one", he's just a catalyst to bring about a utopia with Madara's Moon's Eye Plan. That being said, I'm not sure how he'll respond to Kakashi's explanation of the circumstances behind Rin's death.

nuzamaki90
27th April 2013, 9:34 PM
Just read he new chapter, I thought we were still on break, glad we're back to the final battle.

Madra's rape face was pretty amazing, like it truly seemed like he wanted to trap Hashirama in a dark room and unleash all his dirty pleasures on him for the rest of eternity.

Sakura getting panel time was surprising honestly, I like the foreshadowing, I think Naruto is actually going to pass out after a chakra underdose and right when the Juubi is about to kill everyone, Sasuke and the Ginyu Force will come and save the day, with Minato's present being the other half of Kurama's chakra

And the time has come for Obito and Kakashi to settle this third wheel business because Obito's rage is getting annoying

Shneak
28th April 2013, 4:47 AM

I'm thinking that Madara planned to be the jinchuuriki all along, and that an edotensei body is too unstable to hold it. As for Rin, I'm pretty sure her body would be needed to have her revive that way, and there would be some weird plot bs if Obito had her corpse.

SharpedoX
28th April 2013, 2:27 PM
There just can't be two major villains. My thought is that they'll destabilize and overthrown one another. Or at least Kakashi will give Obito his much needed closure. Too soon to know now though.

TsukiMirage
28th April 2013, 8:02 PM
Is Obito even considered a major villain at this point? Even if it was just his name, Madara's been the main driving force behind the plot, which involves his master plan.

Lorde
28th April 2013, 8:18 PM
There just can't be two major villains. My thought is that they'll destabilize and overthrown one another. Or at least Kakashi will give Obito his much needed closure. Too soon to know now though.

At first I thought they'd fight among each other, but now that Kakashi has taken Obito out of the fight, I guess Madara has a better chance of being the main villain. At least until Orochimaru arrives on the scene.

Is Obito even considered a major villain at this point? Even if it was just his name, Madara's been the main driving force behind the plot, which involves his master plan.

At least Obito's been out and about doing things to further the Eye of the Moon plan unlike Madara who was just a pile of dirt waiting to be revived. :x

Kamex
29th April 2013, 3:33 AM
Well I'd still consider Obito a major villain because he's directly and indirectly caused much of the major villainous deeds in the series, regardless of how much of it was Madara's idea. Plus Obito's a formidable villain on his own considering his skill with Kamui and his (mostly) successful manipulation of other powerful ninja. Although I suppose Madara's more likely to be the "main" or "ultimate" villain, if you have to pick one of them.

In my opinion, Orochimaru becoming the true, final villain would be extremely lame. Unless Kishi writes the whole situation surprisingly well.

At first I thought they'd fight among each other, but now that Kakashi has taken Obito out of the fight, I guess Madara has a better chance of being the main villain.
I assume that means you thought Obito would have won? That wouldn't be my first guess considering how powerful Madara was made to be, but I guess it would be a better plot twist if Obito snuffed Madara instead of the other way around.

Lorde
29th April 2013, 6:42 AM
I assume that means you thought Obito would have won? That wouldn't be my first guess considering how powerful Madara was made to be, but I guess it would be a better plot twist if Obito snuffed Madara instead of the other way around.

Well he can become intangible and Madara doesn't seem to have a way around that. I'm not sure who would win if they fought but I think Obito deserves to be the main villain since he's been around for all of Part 2 and he's done a lot more to further Madara's plan. Madara just sort of left everything to Obito and practically committed suicide.

gohan5
29th April 2013, 8:47 PM
Well he can become intangible and Madara doesn't seem to have a way around that. I'm not sure who would win if they fought but I think Obito deserves to be the main villain since he's been around for all of Part 2 and he's done a lot more to further Madara's plan. Madara just sort of left everything to Obito and practically committed suicide.

The intangibility isn't as impressive as it once was, Madara can easily find a way around it. Minato did in a matter of seconds and so have Kakashi and Naruto (although through teamwork and of course the linked eyes thing). I can't take Obito as the main villain anymore, he's nothing more than a figurehead. He's Madara's puppet, Madara didn't die because he couldn't hack it, but because he successfully manipulated Obito so that he knew, even in death, that his plan would be realized. He was right, that's why he's the main villain.

TsukiMirage
1st May 2013, 5:25 AM
At least Obito's been out and about doing things to further the Eye of the Moon plan unlike Madara who was just a pile of dirt waiting to be revived. :x Yet Madara makes such a greater impression.

Well I'd still consider Obito a major villain because he's directly and indirectly caused much of the major villainous deeds in the series, regardless of how much of it was Madara's idea. Plus Obito's a formidable villain on his own considering his skill with Kamui and his (mostly) successful manipulation of other powerful ninja. Although I suppose Madara's more likely to be the "main" or "ultimate" villain, if you have to pick one of them.

In my opinion, Orochimaru becoming the true, final villain would be extremely lame. Unless Kishi writes the whole situation surprisingly well. I suppose so, through the numerous questionable and random actions hurt that idea in my opinion. Hard to take him serious as one when he's pretty much gone out of his way not to succeed. Yeah, Madara basically holds the final boss role.

I guess Orochimaru could be seen as that if he's allowed to survive the war, as clearly neither Obito nor Madara will.

pwnswitchclik
1st May 2013, 5:40 PM
Is Shounen Jump on a break this week too?

7 tyranitars
1st May 2013, 6:37 PM
Is Shounen Jump on a break this week too?

It appears so.

Shneak
1st May 2013, 8:42 PM
F*ck Golden Week.

SharpedoX
1st May 2013, 11:20 PM
F*ck Golden Week.

Pretty much this. I had a stupid day. Could use a chapter to lighten up :P

Lorde
2nd May 2013, 3:58 AM
The intangibility isn't as impressive as it once was, Madara can easily find a way around it. Minato did in a matter of seconds and so have Kakashi and Naruto (although through teamwork and of course the linked eyes thing). I can't take Obito as the main villain anymore, he's nothing more than a figurehead. He's Madara's puppet, Madara didn't die because he couldn't hack it, but because he successfully manipulated Obito so that he knew, even in death, that his plan would be realized. He was right, that's why he's the main villain.

I dislike how overrated Madara is to be honest. He's only as powerful as he is now because he stole Hashirama's DNA. I dislike how he's using a borrowed power to make himself into an invincible being and he's going to be even more powerful if he becomes the Juubi's host. Soon he'll be as haxxed out as Aizen from Bleach, and that's a terrifying thought. At least Obito would be a more balanced villain since he actually has a weakness, unlike Madara who even Kishi admits is invincible.

Kamex
2nd May 2013, 8:19 AM
I dislike how overrated Madara is to be honest. He's only as powerful as he is now because he stole Hashirama's DNA. I dislike how he's using a borrowed power to make himself into an invincible being and he's going to be even more powerful if he becomes the Juubi's host. Soon he'll be as haxxed out as Aizen from Bleach, and that's a terrifying thought. At least Obito would be a more balanced villain since he actually has a weakness, unlike Madara who even Kishi admits is invincible.
That doesn't make him overrated though. He's just as powerful as everyone thinks he is, even if that makes him annoying to a number of readers. And I think his ridiculous amount of power is just more proof that Kishi wants Madara to be the undisputed final villain, although all of the plot twists regarding him may say otherwise. And I don't think there's enough time left in the series for another plot twist to create another shift in power; Obito's even been thrown out of the battle, probably in order to conclude his story line outside of the main action.

But I guess the title of "main villain" isn't official anyway, so it can be whoever you see it as; it's up to interpretation. I personally like Obito (or at least "Tobi") about as much as, if not more than Madara (perhaps sans some of his power), but I still see Madara as the ultimate threat/bad guy of the series.

Platinum fan.
2nd May 2013, 5:20 PM

I always like Obito/Tobi more then Madara. I'm actually more interested in his story considering he is one of those characters who Naruto could have grown up to be if he went down a wrong path thingie, and as stated he has weaknesses. Madara feels like a lame plot device to get the Shinobi world both alive and dead (The dead Hokage) to unite to beat some insanely mary sue like villain. That's what Madara is to me, a plot device. I don't care if he use to be good, I do not need to see him salvaged or make peace with Hashirama which is how I predict his ending will come with Orochimaru stealing his or Obito's body in the end, to justify his return as a actual threat. Naruto is such a mess. The War arc has been horrible for me.

TsukiMirage
2nd May 2013, 5:33 PM
To be fair, Madara was hyped up as unbeatable long before we saw him take Hashirama's power. And his invincibility is more due to Edo Tensei then that.

As for him being a plot device, the entire Edo Tensei situation basically was. Personally, I enjoy Madara far more then Obito because there's only so much randomness I can take. His entire character seems like nothing more then a bunch of retcons. Honestly I'll admit I'm still sort of pissed over the whole revel.

Lorde
8th May 2013, 7:28 AM
Thank God the manga is back. I actually enjoyed the chapter even if the Juubi hasn't completely changed form yet. Finally knowing why Kakashi killed Rin made things a lot more interesting although I never would have thought that Rin was made into a jinchuuriki. And Obito's revelation that he literally has no heart was pretty cool too.

lolipiece
8th May 2013, 8:00 AM
Hahahahaha! Oh God, I can't take this seriously. He literally has no heart? Ha! We get it, Kishi! The Uchiha are emo. This is just cheesy.

And now I can't stop imagining Obito as a Heartless.

Also, Rin's a Jinchuriki? Well, that came out of nowhere and is completely stupid.

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/2842/1367995850761.png

insanejames
8th May 2013, 8:44 AM
YAY Naruto's back. hmm i was kinda right about Kakashi's killing Rin. I figured that it would have been a mercy killing at her request, kinda is more of a suicide, but still she died for what she loved her home if any thing Obito should have honor that but Uchiha are kind of insane, with that hate think that happen when somebody they love dies. it's possable when that gets to a point ones heart disappear, that or it's more zetsu goo that his arms made of is acting as a replacement hmm some many idea

Kamex
8th May 2013, 10:06 AM
So the Juubi is transforming into... a bodybuilder?

Hm, Obito denying that Kakashi and Rin were his motivators for the war almost seems to be directed towards the readers haha.

Interesting that Rin was the Sanbi's jinchuuriki for a time... I wonder what happened after she died? How did the Sanbi continue to live, and is this the point where it started roaming free, or is this when it was put into Yagura? And was it Obito and/or Madara who did so? I know the timeline's probably a little screwed up right now, but I'd like to make some sense out of all of this.

Nice to see Obito act insane, because it makes it a little more believable that we're looking at the masked-maniac-mastermind Tobi. I don't know if he really hasn't had a heart all this time, or if Kakashi just obliterated it (there's fresh blood dripping so it's hard to tell). But in any case, even with Hashirama's cells' regenerative abilities, now I'm wondering how he can remain alive without a heart...

Shadow Lucario
8th May 2013, 10:25 AM
I think the whole no heart thing was supposed to be more symbolic than actually about not having a heart.

Platinum fan.
8th May 2013, 4:19 PM
So we learn what happened to Rin. I thought that would take up a entire chapter, it was only like what three pages? That's fine with me, at least we got answers. Obito is a Heartless now. The only way to slay him is with a Keyblade. Come on, Kakashi. Summon one up :D but in all seriousness I enjoyed the Obito and Kakashi parts. I'm still more interested in Obito then Madara. His reasoning for starting the war, well it wasn't horrible. He hates the Shinobi system so of course when someone hates something they must destroy it. I'm not sure how Obito's story will end but I am more interested to see it then Madara fighting the dead Hokages. Ugh, I'm actually dreading that more and more. An okay chapter.

Rowdy
8th May 2013, 4:54 PM
Apart from the Rin being a Jinchuriki bit, the panels of Hinata taking charge and standing at the head of the alliance was also an unexpected surprise this chapter.

She's come a long way since her first appearance.

Lorde
8th May 2013, 7:26 PM
I'm glad Kishi clarified Obito's motivation for starting the war. I kind of knew that there had to be more to it than just Rin's death, and I liked the explanation about the shinobi system being responsible for the way Obito turned out. It was actually funny watching Kakashi try to use Talk no Jutsu against Obito, but I'm glad that Obito isn't falling for it.

SharpedoX
8th May 2013, 7:40 PM
Got a bit shocked when Rin was revealed to be a jinchuuriki. A forced one, but still. I wonder how if Obito's downfall is to happen soon enough? After all, he's not an Edo Tensei corpse.

pwnswitchclik
8th May 2013, 8:17 PM
This chapter, not only did uncover the history of Kakashi with Rin, but to me it definitely hinted Naruto being the enbodiment of the Sage of Six Paths. I got goosebumps.

Shneak
8th May 2013, 8:55 PM
- Chapter is finally hereeeeee
- Such a beautiful face causes so much destruction. Tragic.
- The Juubi is so powerful that it can create nukes from lightning.
- Juubi: Uhhhohh! lol
- Naruto is wrecked. Looks like he'll need new clothing for the next timeskip.
- Ugh, Hinata is trying to take control of the army.
- I love that Obito is saying what we're all wondering (about a change of heart.)
- Did Obito just force Kakashi to stab him? Whoa
- Holy. A wild explanation appeared!
- Kakuzu should have shared one of his hearts with Obito.

Damn. I really enjoyed that chapter. I like that we finally got an explanation to Rin's death. It was quick and to the point, but I'm not sure if people will agree with me. I also like Obito a lot more after this chapter.

PokeMaster366
8th May 2013, 11:56 PM
You know, I've recently been watching some Baccano, and the more I think about it, the more I realize how much like a mafia the Akatsuki is. If they really were an old-time mafia, I can imagine the Akatsuki being like this:

Deidara and Sasori (Basic Militia): Provide basic protection to parties that serve the Akatsuki and also act as hitmen in charge of eliminating specific elements.

Kakuzu & Hidan (Enterprise Managers): Managers of the casinos and bars and are the source of most of Akatsuki's income.

Itachi & Kisame (Intelligence): Constantly collect and sell information and are in charge of all major business pertaining to information media.

Orochimaru & Zetsu (R&D Department): In charge of the development of new weapons and such for the Akatsuki and paying clients that want an edge in future wars/battles (Akatsuki still gets the best stuff).

Pein & Konan (Grand Boss): Keep track of all basic activities and goals of the Akatsuki as a whole and punish any organizations that decide to interfere too much in Akatsuki operations.

Tobi/Obito ("Human Resources"): In charge of the internal affairs of the Akatsuki and take care of all Akatsuki members that even consider defecting.

When I think about it this way, I can imagine Akatsuki really taking over the world by the end of a generation.

TsukiMirage
9th May 2013, 12:11 AM
Not much of a chapter even after the wait. Kiri's plan for Rin was stupid and makes no sense, along with Rin's reasons for killing herself. And Obito is funny, talking about how it's not about Rin and then going on to explain why it's all about Rin. Hopefully him having Kakashi in his genjutsu will lead to something more interesting.

PokeMaster366
9th May 2013, 12:28 AM
Not much of a chapter even after the wait. Kiri's plan for Rin was stupid and makes no sense, along with Rin's reasons for killing herself. And Obito is funny, talking about how it's not about Rin and then going on to explain why it's all about Rin. Hopefully him having Kakashi in his genjutsu will lead to something more interesting.

Now that you mention it, the whole plan involving the Sanbi was pretty stupid, and we certainly can't count on suspension of disbelief to explain how the Sanbi was going to be set loose and out of control. To be honest, we could've had a Hidden Leaf Village with two tailed beasts just like the Hidden Cloud Village pre-Akatsuki mess. Can you imagine a baby Naruto having a caretaker that is also a Jinchuuriki? That would be fun to see.

Banana Knight Arthur
9th May 2013, 2:23 AM
Is Obito immortal? why else would he let Kakashi blow his heart away when he could just phase through/away?

Only redeeming factor was learning how Rin died and that she was a Sanbi jinchuuriki....

Charminions
9th May 2013, 2:32 AM
Is Obito immortal? why else would he let Kakashi blow his heart away when he could just phase through/away?

Half of his body is wood.

The chapter was okay. Didn't really care for Rin, nice to see Sakura offer something to the fight (albeit something simple), Obito sounds like an obnoxious teenager that refuses to accept he's wrong.

Lorde
9th May 2013, 4:12 AM
Obito sounds like an obnoxious teenager that refuses to accept he's wrong.

I don't know. A lot of what he's been talking about sounds reasonable imo. I actually think Naruto is the one who refuses to accept that he's wrong. He keeps spouting random stuff but can't back it up. I'm tired of all his "I'll find a way to bring peace" stuff. I just want him to come up with an actual solution instead of constantly telling people to have faith in him.

Banana Knight Arthur
9th May 2013, 4:27 AM

The chapter was okay. Didn't really care for Rin, nice to see Sakura offer something to the fight (albeit something simple), Obito sounds like an obnoxious teenager that refuses to accept he's wrong.

This war has gone on so long(parallel to real wars I guess), many details are fuzzy in my memory/

At this point I just want SOMEONE to ravish the other side and end it finally.....

Kamex
9th May 2013, 5:26 AM
Kiri's plan for Rin was stupid and makes no sense
How so? This was before Obito unleashed the Kyuubi on the Leaf so I don't see any reason for them to think it wouldn't work. And I assume if they sealed the Sanbi within Rin, they could have a way to break that seal.

FlashFusion
9th May 2013, 7:12 AM

If you look at the panel closely, the hole is on the left side, while it was the right side that has the wood.

Banana Knight Arthur
9th May 2013, 4:57 PM
If you look at the panel closely, the hole is on the left side, while it was the right side that has the wood.

Surely Kishimoto will retcon/fix that in the Volume release.

Joltik-Kid
9th May 2013, 7:11 PM

Only redeeming factor was learning how Rin died and that she was a Sanbi jinchuuriki....
Obito cannot phase in the Kamui world (where they are at right now) because he's already phased from reality.

As for the piercing, maybe he learned how to move his organs around with the Wood style technique...?

Lorde
9th May 2013, 8:11 PM
How so? This was before Obito unleashed the Kyuubi on the Leaf so I don't see any reason for them to think it wouldn't work. And I assume if they sealed the Sanbi within Rin, they could have a way to break that seal.

I thought Kishi's explanation was all right. At least I don't see any big plot holes at the moment.

Obito cannot phase in the Kamui world (where they are at right now) because he's already phased from reality.

As for the piercing, maybe he learned how to move his organs around with the Wood style technique...?

Exactly, he can't phase since he's already in the "other dimension." As for him being stabbed, why do I get the feeling that it's all a genjutsu and Obito's trolling Kakashi?

Shneak
9th May 2013, 9:24 PM
It could be a genjutsu. That would actually make a lot of sense. Or maybe he has a full-on Zetsu body now.

Joltik-Kid
9th May 2013, 9:51 PM
Probably is genjutsu guys, remember, it looked Obito used his Sharingan to bring Kakashi forward

Shadow Lucario
9th May 2013, 10:25 PM
If it was a Genjutsu I'm sure Kakashi would notice it. He is using his Sharingan right now and the Sharingan does see through Genjutsu.

Joltik-Kid
9th May 2013, 11:17 PM
If it was a Genjutsu I'm sure Kakashi would notice it. He is using his Sharingan right now and the Sharingan does see through Genjutsu.
Didn't help him against Itachi

TsukiMirage
10th May 2013, 12:14 AM
How so? This was before Obito unleashed the Kyuubi on the Leaf so I don't see any reason for them to think it wouldn't work. And I assume if they sealed the Sanbi within Rin, they could have a way to break that seal. First, what was the point in using Rin in the first place? They could have easily gotten the same results using a person from their own village without the risk. It's not as if a foreign ninja entering Konoha is some hard task. Both Kumo and Suna were able to openly get their own agents in without trouble during a peace talk and Chuunin Exam respectively. That's not even mentioning the fact that canonically, foreigners are constantly coming in to order missions, meaning they could have easily dropped the Sanbi in some no-name and gotten the same results.

Secondly, how could they allow Rin to know what they were up to? The mission would have been completely ruined if Rin had realized she could simply kill herself straight away, or even not return at all to Konoha. It's not as if they could force her to return. More importantly, what would have prevented Rin from informing Konoha to what was up, giving them the chance to implement some sort of counter-measure before Kiri could act? That's not even mentioning the fact that Konoha at that time was filled with Sharingan users, who were known capable o controlling the more powerful Kyuubi.

The whole bring a Jinchuuriki into the village and release it plan made more sense when Suna attempted it.

Kamex
10th May 2013, 5:07 AM
Wait... yes he can. He "phases" back and forth between both dimensions. Otherwise, how would he even be able to go back to the true dimension? Shouldn't make a difference which way he's going. The problem here is that blood was clearly visible within the wound, so it couldn't be due to his Kamui which has never caused him injury in the past.

There have been many instances of Genjutsu being effective against Sharingan users, like during Itachi and Sasuke's final battle. So it could possibly be genjutsu...

First, what was the point in using Rin in the first place? They could have easily gotten the same results using a person from their own village without the risk. It's not as if a foreign ninja entering Konoha is some hard task. Both Kumo and Suna were able to openly get their own agents in without trouble during a peace talk and Chuunin Exam respectively. That's not even mentioning the fact that canonically, foreigners are constantly coming in to order missions, meaning they could have easily dropped the Sanbi in some no-name and gotten the same results.

Secondly, how could they allow Rin to know what they were up to? The mission would have been completely ruined if Rin had realized she could simply kill herself straight away, or even not return at all to Konoha. It's not as if they could force her to return. More importantly, what would have prevented Rin from informing Konoha to what was up, giving them the chance to implement some sort of counter-measure before Kiri could act? That's not even mentioning the fact that Konoha at that time was filled with Sharingan users, who were known capable o controlling the more powerful Kyuubi.

The whole bring a Jinchuuriki into the village and release it plan made more sense when Suna attempted it.
I don't know... maybe the Bloody Mist had some integrity and didn't want to sacrifice one of their own shinobi. But good points. But keep in mind that we have very little context about what happened other than Obito's quick explanation, so maybe Kiri's plan is more justified than we know.

Joltik-Kid
10th May 2013, 5:41 AM
Wait... yes he can. He "phases" back and forth between both dimensions. Otherwise, how would he even be able to go back to the true dimension? Shouldn't make a difference which way he's going. The problem here is that blood was clearly visible within the wound, so it couldn't be due to his Kamui which has never caused him injury in the past.
That's not what I'm saying, he cannot phase himself further while in the dimension... it he leaves Kakashi will follow, thus making this trip a waste. Also if he phases to the real world, he's opening himself up to multiple attacks from both sides (as Naruto and Kakashi were doing before 10 tails revival)

Kamex
10th May 2013, 10:19 AM
That's not what I'm saying, he cannot phase himself further while in the dimension... it he leaves Kakashi will follow, thus making this trip a waste. Also if he phases to the real world, he's opening himself up to multiple attacks from both sides (as Naruto and Kakashi were doing before 10 tails revival)
Kakashi could follow, but I meant that Obito could just phase the part of him that was about to be hit, then phase it back after retreating some distance away. He's phased parts of his body at a moment's notice against powerful ninja before, I don't see why he couldn't have done it now. And even if there was someone on the other side waiting to attack, obviously it would have been better to take that risk than to just let Kakashi "kill" him, or whatever it is that just happened to him.

Of course this is assuming that this isn't a genjutsu or somehow part of Obito's plan. Because he certainly doesn't seem surprised; as someone said it seemed to be mostly symbolic. Although there has to be some kind of physical explanation.

Lorde
15th May 2013, 7:18 AM
Ugh, more peep talk scenes on the battlefield, but at least Sakura was involved in this one. Too bad all she can do is talk and heal. Anyway, Kakashi is still trying to use Talk no Jutsu on Obito and Obito continues to use illusions to illustrate his point, but Kakashi wasn't having that. Minato's appearance at the end was neat. I wonder if he teleported the other Hokage there too and they just weren't shown?

EmphaticPikachu
15th May 2013, 8:35 AM
sasuke seeing naruto is soon...very soon....

I actually want to see if theres any "What the fuuuuuuu?" reactions from everybody.

Minato coming back like that was awesome though. xD

lolipiece
15th May 2013, 8:36 AM
Aw, snap. Father-son battles coming up.

But since Minato is here, it means Sasuke will show up, too.

Which sucks, because Sasuke sucks and blah blah blah. Make it good, Kishi!

Kamex
15th May 2013, 8:45 AM
Even though Kakashi trying to talk Obito back to his old self was very predictable, I have to admit it's still pretty cool to see things come full circle with Obito's "trash" quote. Gives me those warm, fuzzy feelings inside.

Finally, the Hokage are here. Perhaps Sasuke will show up by saving Naruto from an attack...

I wonder if Naruto and Minato will use Father-Son Kamehameha to defeat Madara and the Juubi.

wingzx
15th May 2013, 8:46 AM
im suprised at how not suprised naruto was to see his dad

EmphaticPikachu
15th May 2013, 8:52 AM
im suprised at how not suprised naruto was to see his dad

I still have some chakra left in you :P

...lol

Its more like Naruto probably could tell he was edo tensied...

the question is rather, how is he not surprised that he's fighting for his side? lol

wingzx
15th May 2013, 8:55 AM
I still have some chakra left in you :P

...lol

Its more like Naruto probably could tell he was edo tensied...

the question is rather, how is he not surprised that he's fighting for his side? lol

im more expecting to see his reaction when he sees orichimaru not fighting against him

Kamex
15th May 2013, 9:07 AM
im more expecting to see his reaction when he sees orichimaru not fighting against him
Or Sasuke.

EmphaticPikachu
15th May 2013, 9:12 AM
Or Sasuke.

Tis what i said earlier.

XD

Sasuke will be tsun, calling it now.

Naruto will accept it, sakura will be hesitant but accept it, and the rest of the village will be like "HELL NO!" until sasuke saves all of their asses and they feel indebted to him.

Seriously, I promise you this is how it will go down.

Otherwise I call BS or something pretty freaken amazing will happen.

wingzx
15th May 2013, 9:14 AM
Tis what i said earlier.

XD

Sasuke will be tsun, calling it now.

Naruto will accept it, sakura will be hesitant but accept it, and the rest of the village will be like "HELL NO!" until sasuke saves all of their asses and they feel indebted to him.

Seriously, I promise you this is how it will go down.

Otherwise I call BS or something pretty freaken amazing will happen.

im sure Sasuke will fight obito when he is done killing kakashi and naruto fights madara

Banana Knight Arthur
15th May 2013, 10:16 AM
So........awkward

the 10-tails final form is Venusaur? Is Vileplume(latest chapter page 8)?

nuzamaki90
15th May 2013, 10:57 AM
Kakashi is gonna Chori the hell out of Obito in the next chapter, I'm so curious as to how this final confrontation will end.

And I'm not surprised at all that Naruto wasn't surprised that his dad was back, because if Mdara can feel Hashirama, then Naruto most likely felt his dad's good emotions when he was in Tailed Beast Chakra Mode.

But dat entrance was too nice Minato

JD
15th May 2013, 11:21 AM
Is this really the ten tails final form? I really hope it's not it looks so underwhelming it has a giant Vileplume for a face it looks ridiculous.

7 tyranitars
15th May 2013, 2:55 PM
Best part of the chapter, Minato appearing. The rest it was okay I guese.

Joltik-Kid
15th May 2013, 3:30 PM
Sasuke might not actually be here yet, remember guys that Minato is a lot faster then them even without that seal technique. Minato was rushing to see Naruto anyway

I liked the Sakura speech

TsukiMirage
15th May 2013, 3:58 PM
Naruto "knowing/expecting" Minato makes no sense, as his cloaked sensory only grants the ability to feel hatred and he hasn't been in Sage Mode at all since Minato got revived. Plus it makes him seem more cocky, as if he knew he was gonna be saved and thus didn't need to help defend like everyone else, and that's not enjoyable.

Don't even want to get into the back and forth between Kakashi and Obito. But it was nice to see not only Kirabi do something useful, but Ino really shine in connecting to the whole army on her own. Kishi needs to allow Sakura to do more then just talk about things. Good chapter.

Lorde
15th May 2013, 6:48 PM
I really dislike the fact that suddenly everyone can use Doton. Kishi totally messed up by ignoring the rules that he himself created. I hate retcons so much. Anyway, I bet Minato will make a speech like Sakura's in the next chapter; that's all we seem to get in this war, just long speeches about peace and love and friendship.

SharpedoX
15th May 2013, 8:17 PM
Everyone can use Doton suddenly? And the Juubi not having neither Gyuki nor Kurama is ever so cheap... Oh well, I have faith in the coming chapters!

Banana Knight Arthur
15th May 2013, 8:48 PM
Everyone can use Doton suddenly? And the Juubi not having neither Gyuki nor Kurama is ever so cheap... Oh well, I have faith in the coming chapters!

Yes.

Well it only needed their chakra signature and it stole enough from both. But I agree it is a cop out.

wingzx
15th May 2013, 8:51 PM
also why havent they talked at all about whats going on with Yamato? they just stopped bringing him up

Shneak
15th May 2013, 9:00 PM
- Title sounds like a Walking Dead chapter.
- Obito makes it sound like getting rid of your heart and still living is easy.
- ughhhAHHHH the Juubi is terrifying.
- It looks like a lion with a flower as its face.
- How does Naruto have the tailed beasts? Unless Madara means the communication network.
- Sakura finally gets an important monologue and 5 people hear her.
- So now Shikamaru and Ino can do this too? Okay then.
- So InoShikaCho all have earth nature?
- Minato! How is Naruto so... un-surprised?
- Since Minato will give Naruto the other half of Kurama, that renders Sakura's efforts useless... again!

I didn't think the Taka/Hokage group would be showing up so soon. It looks like they won't be grabbing Tsunade after all.

Platinum fan.
15th May 2013, 9:12 PM
Meh! That's all I can say for this chapter, meh! I was bored. The only thing I even liked from this chapter to be honest was Ino linking the Shinobi's. Ino continues to amaze me, such a step up from just being Sasuke's fangirl...unlike Karin who just wasted herself. Anyway the chapter was boring, Obito playing mind games with Kakashi, and Kakashi killing fake Obito and Rin. Nice to see Kakashi doesn't fall for that BS, he's a real ninja. Sakura heals Naruto, and actually gets to speak. What bugged me about this chapter was the end. You all know I feel like Naruto is becoming like a fanfic, and now here comes Superman/Goku in Minato to save the day and Naruto is not even surprised to see his dead father back from the grave. Again, this makes there meeting during the Pain arc, so less special now.

Charminions
15th May 2013, 10:46 PM
I can see Kishi is trying to give the minor characters a role, but then he goes and ruins it by bringing in Minato out of no where with a nonchalant Naruto going "Sup Pops."

Lorde
15th May 2013, 11:59 PM
I can see Kishi is trying to give the minor characters a role, but then he goes and ruins it by bringing in Minato out of no where with a nonchalant Naruto going "Sup Pops."

It still makes no sense to me how Naruto could act so nonchalantly. Like, his deceased father showed up out of nowhere and he isn't even surprised? Did he have Sage Mode activated or something? Anyway, watch Minato solo the Juubi and Hashirama solo Madara in the upcoming chapters, leaving Naruto to deal with Sasuke if he ends up betraying the alliance after all.

p96822
16th May 2013, 12:18 AM

Really it was only Choji and Ino who did earth style and we didn't know that they had that chara narture

Charminions
16th May 2013, 12:36 AM
It still makes no sense to me how Naruto could act so nonchalantly. Like, his deceased father showed up out of nowhere and he isn't even surprised? Did he have Sage Mode activated or something? Anyway, watch Minato solo the Juubi and Hashirama solo Madara in the upcoming chapters, leaving Naruto to deal with Sasuke if he ends up betraying the alliance after all.

"Hey Dad, I've never physically met you before and I spent my whole childhood weeping about my orphanhood, but let me just sit back while you enter with a badass pose."

The other hokages and Taka are likely nearby, or maybe they're a long way off and Minato is only there first because he's supah fast. Either way, I really want to see Tobirama, Sarutobi, and Minato fight at their absolute best and the Juubi will be a convenient dummy for them to show off.

p96822
16th May 2013, 12:46 AM
Really I guess that Naruto sensed him during the last battle with the ten tails

Joltik-Kid
16th May 2013, 3:12 AM
I hope by minor you mean Ino and Shikamaru...

Lorde
16th May 2013, 4:06 AM
"Hey Dad, I've never physically met you before and I spent my whole childhood weeping about my orphanhood, but let me just sit back while you enter with a badass pose."

The other hokages and Taka are likely nearby, or maybe they're a long way off and Minato is only there first because he's supah fast. Either way, I really want to see Tobirama, Sarutobi, and Minato fight at their absolute best and the Juubi will be a convenient dummy for them to show off.

Can't Tobirama teleport too though? It seems weird that Minato's the first one who showed up, although I guess Kishi wanted to play up the whole father and son thing. I just thought the cliffhanger would've been more epic if all the Hokage and Sasuke's team had arrived at the same time.

Locormus
16th May 2013, 4:21 PM
Can't Tobirama teleport too though? It seems weird that Minato's the first one who showed up, although I guess Kishi wanted to play up the whole father and son thing. I just thought the cliffhanger would've been more epic if all the Hokage and Sasuke's team had arrived at the same time.

Minato's version is likely more advanced then Tobirama's.

Banana Knight Arthur
16th May 2013, 9:37 PM
I hope by minor you mean Ino and Shikamaru...

Doesn't get more minor than Ino.

Poor girl's peak was her Battle in the Chuunin exams vs Sakura.

Lorde
16th May 2013, 10:23 PM
Minato's version is likely more advanced then Tobirama's.

That's probably it. I bet Kishi's saving the other Hokage and Sasuke's group for the next chapter's cliffhanger. And then the Gokage will probably appear in the cliffhanger after that. God I hope Tsunade survived somehow.

Doesn't get more minor than Ino.

Poor girl's peak was her Battle in the Chuunin exams vs Sakura.

Yeah, but I personally like her more than Sakura right now. She just seems more competent, which is something I never thought I'd say. :p

Joltik-Kid
16th May 2013, 11:16 PM
Yeah, but I personally like her more than Sakura right now. She just seems more competent, which is something I never thought I'd say. :p
How did Sakura's speech lack competence?

Lorde
17th May 2013, 12:04 AM
How did Sakura's speech lack competence?

That's my point though; all she does is give speeches. She's all talk and no action unlike Ino who can balance both. I almost want Ino to replace Sakura as the main female character.

Platinum fan.
17th May 2013, 2:23 AM
If Ino were to replace Sakura, she'd probably be put in the same role as Sakura is right now. I'm fine where Ino is now. She could stand to get a little more attention and a battle but she's been impressive this war arc as a support ninja. She's one of the only good things I have to say about the war arc, and as of right now she's impressing me more then any kunoichi, and she's a support ninja. Never would have thought I'd be impressed with Ino, a Sasuke groupie :O

Joltik-Kid
17th May 2013, 2:24 AM
That's my point though; all she does is give speeches. She's all talk and no action unlike Ino who can balance both. I almost want Ino to replace Sakura as the main female character.
Why does Sakura have to be all action? Ino rarely talks to balance anything out...

Kamex
17th May 2013, 7:34 AM
No matter how many times Ino proves to be useful, I don't think it will amount to anything in the story because she's just a side character. We were lucky to have Shikamaru become so important, I don't think it'll happen for Ino, especially at this point. But I guess it's nice that she's getting panel-time.

Shneak
18th May 2013, 2:17 AM
I think it's more of a case of Ino being conveniently useful during this arc with her mind powers, plus the increased use of InoShikaCho. Compared to other appearances in PII (Immortal Duo arc... uh, Invasion of Pain, I guess) she has been comparably apparent.

Lorde
18th May 2013, 3:48 AM
No matter how many times Ino proves to be useful, I don't think it will amount to anything in the story because she's just a side character. We were lucky to have Shikamaru become so important, I don't think it'll happen for Ino, especially at this point. But I guess it's nice that she's getting panel-time.

Like I said, at least she's helping out using her Mind Transfer techniques, unlike Sakura who mostly just heals other ninja and obsesses over Sasuke even though he abandoned their village and tried to murder her. Sakura's like Karin basically. I think even Hinata is a better female character than her.

Joltik-Kid
18th May 2013, 3:29 PM
Like I said, at least she's helping out using her Mind Transfer techniques, unlike Sakura who mostly just heals other ninja and obsesses over Sasuke even though he abandoned their village and tried to murder her. Sakura's like Karin basically. I think even Hinata is a better female character than her.
Ino's jutsu has always been situational, but I specifically remember from Pt. 1 that Asuma stated it was designed for this type of thing, so of coarse she's gonna get her big moments right now *derp*

How does healing others not help the others and more importantly (because I somehow should of guessed Sasuke would be involved) what has she done lately that suggests she's thinking of Sasuke. I'm not talking about that love letter guy some 50-100 chapters ago. I'm talking about from the time the alliance left to help Naruto to the here and now :P

And at the end of the day, Sakura's still got more wins then Ino and Hinata combined :P

Platinum fan.
18th May 2013, 5:28 PM

I'm sure Sakura's time is coming. I admit moveset wise I find her more boring then Hinata's Gentle Fist or Ino's Mind Transfer, but she's cool in her own way. Does anyone know if Ino can do the Mind Destruction Jutsu? Ever since her dad used it during Orochimaru's Chunin invasion, I have always wanted to see Ino get it and destroy her opponents mind with it. I don't think I've ever seen her with it, or maybe she could get her own kind of justu style, like Hinata's twin lion thing...which did not go so well in it's debut, but hey she was dueling Pain.

Shneak
19th May 2013, 3:19 AM
I'm reading the translated volume 61 right now and apparently Madara is also misogynistic. He says that Tsunade is weak because she's a woman (and a bunch of other trash talk too). Then I noticed that there wasn't any women in the Madara-Hashirama flashbacks. I wonder when woman broke through and started to fight alongside the men as shinobi. I think it would be interesting to learn, but I suppose it wouldn't serve a purpose.

Lorde
19th May 2013, 7:41 PM
I'm sure Sakura's time is coming. I admit moveset wise I find her more boring then Hinata's Gentle Fist or Ino's Mind Transfer, but she's cool in her own way. Does anyone know if Ino can do the Mind Destruction Jutsu? Ever since her dad used it during Orochimaru's Chunin invasion, I have always wanted to see Ino get it and destroy her opponents mind with it. I don't think I've ever seen her with it, or maybe she could get her own kind of justu style, like Hinata's twin lion thing...which did not go so well in it's debut, but hey she was dueling Pain.

I have no idea if Ino used that jutsu and since the Naruto Wikia has lately become unreliable when it comes to character jutsu, I can't be sure if she ever has. Maybe she did during a filler episode, but I don't recall seeing her do it in the actual manga itself. Watch Ino use the Mind Destruction thing against Madara and solo him before Hashirama gets there. :p

Platinum fan.
20th May 2013, 8:48 PM
I have no idea if Ino used that jutsu and since the Naruto Wikia has lately become unreliable when it comes to character jutsu, I can't be sure if she ever has. Maybe she did during a filler episode, but I don't recall seeing her do it in the actual manga itself. Watch Ino use the Mind Destruction thing against Madara and solo him before Hashirama gets there. :p

They'd probably pull some Star Wars bs, saying "Oh Mind Destruction only works on the weak minded." Still it would be funny to see Ino destroy the dead Uchiha's mind.

PokeMaster366
20th May 2013, 11:53 PM

She did use it during a filler episode. In fact, she used it near the beginning of the filler drought in that small arc where Naruto fought that white-haired kid that he used the Shadow Clone jutsu on for the first time in his career (he went against him in the first episode of the entire series).

justinjiaxinghu
21st May 2013, 10:48 AM
Talking about Sakura? Yeah, she needs some action in the battle against Madara/Obito. As people above me said, all she did was like heal shinobi, so Kishimoto might have something planned for her.

Btw Minato made a pretty sexy entrance into the battle.

Shneak
21st May 2013, 9:20 PM
All Sakura can do is punch things hard, and since Tsunade already did that to Madara, he can kill her easily. Maybe she could just punch the limbs off of the Juubi.

JD
22nd May 2013, 10:56 AM
Oh boy.. what a chapter Sasuke wants to become Hokage now? Didn't see that one coming.

Prohawk
22nd May 2013, 11:01 AM
This chapter just went full retard....never go full retard...

nuzamaki90
22nd May 2013, 11:22 AM
Just what I predicted on Saiyanialand, Sasuke want to become Holage and his and Naruto's final bout will be to decide who takes the title. I deserve a cookie

Minato going full fledged KCM was shocking as hell though, I didn't expect that in the slightest.

So next week must be a big chapter if its getting a color cover, Team 7 and the Hokages VS Madara & Ten Tails, s*** is getting so REAL!!

And no Onito in sight, thank you Kishimoto!

7 tyranitars
22nd May 2013, 11:29 AM
I laughed when Sasuke said he wanted to become Hokage :P. Looking forward to next weeks chapter.

Lucario At Service
22nd May 2013, 11:49 AM
So, on one hand we have Sasuke, who wants to become a Hokage regardless of what the people around him think, because of the truth of the past which he learned for the Hokages.

On another hand we have Naruto, who wants to be a Hokage by getting acknowledged by everyone around him and doesn't care what had happened in the past and only cares about the future.

Platinum fan.
22nd May 2013, 2:21 PM
This chapter didn't impact me as much as it should have, I mean this was a big deal. The Hokages were overshadowed by Sasuke's return to "good" so I am happy about that. I really liked Kiba's reaction to Sasuke, it was gold. Now Sasuke wanting to become Hokage, something tells me that is now just talk. Sasuke has a whole storyline of redemption going for him so if they go through with it, and actually make Sasuke the Hokage before Naruto then bs. Or this could just be a way to give Naruto a rival for the Hokage title, which may or may not be necessary.

In other news, Sakura looks like she's going to do something and I'm finally going to get that Team Seven reunion I've been dreaming of. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. What Sakura's real power is, I don't know, I hope it's not rehashed Tsunade stuff but we'll see. But even with this dream team, this chapter felt lacking somehow and like a fanfic. Still I'm just happy to see Team Seven going into battle together, regardless of what's happened between them.

XanderCage
22nd May 2013, 2:21 PM
Well I guess we're still going to get the final fight between Sasuke and Naruto. I was wondering how it would play out with Sasuke's change of heart. I'm excited to see a much stronger Team 7 actually work together again. Let's see what they can do. Wonder what Sakura has up her sleeve?

MidnightMelody
22nd May 2013, 3:33 PM
Still I wonder how dark Sasuke is. like will he kill Naruto in his sleep to be hokage?

Joltik-Kid
22nd May 2013, 5:13 PM
Epic chapter... the opening was pretty adorable too XD

SkyDeity
22nd May 2013, 5:52 PM
My hype for Naruto has been building more and more as each chapter progressed and now we're here at the "climax" of the hype. I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter...
-Madara was fanboying over Hashirama arriving and Hashi's like, "Lolnoep, dealing with the Juubi first."
-KCM Minato...definitely did not see that one coming...but will he still give that chakra to Naruto?
-Sasuke wants to be hokage...so Naruto vs Sasuke is still there, awesome
-Team 7 reunited at last...this moment made me happier than I thought it would

I'd like to see Kakashi and Obito's "fight" come to a resolution next chapter mainly so I can see their reactions and interactions with their revived master as well as Sasuke. Also, no Orochimaru in this chapter...surely he has to be around or he's probably plotting what to do after the Juubi and Madara situation is dealt with.

Kamex
22nd May 2013, 7:07 PM
I'm pretty sure this was the most rushed chapter of Naruto ever, and that's saying something. I felt a little weird about all of the humor going on despite the situation. And way too many plot twists for one chapter!

The worst part for me is Sasuke being their ally again so quickly. Everything that Sasuke's done since defeating Kabuto with Itachi seemed weird, it shouldn't be this easy to change his mind and even get him to want to be Konoha's most trusted leader.

As much as I'd like to say this chapter was very interesting and packed with fun and action and plot, I can't say I enjoyed it as much as I should have. There are just so many things happening so quickly that I can't really process it fast enough to enjoy it, it's like Masashi Kishimoto wants to finish the manga by summertime!

Lorde
22nd May 2013, 7:14 PM
I loved this chapter, even if Kishi did spite the NaruHina shippers at the start lol. I loved seeing the other Hokage arrive and Sasuke's announcement that he wants to be Hokage was surprising, but it does set up Naruto vs. Sasuke which people thought wouldn't happen at this point. I loved it when Sakura asked if Naruto and Sasuke thought she'd be the damsel in distress because that's exactly what I thought she'd be. I hope Kishi proves me wrong and manages to make Sakura more useful in the upcoming fight.

Kamex
22nd May 2013, 7:25 PM
Naruto vs. Sasuke won't be as interesting now that they won't be at each other's throats.

EmphaticPikachu
22nd May 2013, 7:30 PM
Naruto vs. Sasuke won't be as interesting now that they won't be at each other's throats.

I, personally, like rival friend fights over a fight to the death.

To much pokemon with my friend, but yeah. I would like to see this PROBABLY more then other things.

While the comedy WAS kind of unnecessary this chapter, and honestly seemed off, its important to realize that they're in the middle of a war, and if the hokages trust Sasuke, then the leaf village probably will too. This is the PERFECT time for sasuke to come back and win their trust again. Fire forged friends actually work really well.

That said, Kiba's reaction was hilarious, and i had to pause the moment i saw sasuke say he wants to become hokage. It makes sense in hindsight, its kind of like...

"wha???"

DucksGoMooful
22nd May 2013, 7:31 PM
HASHIRAAMAAA!
MADAARAAA!!
HEY WASSUP!?!?
NOT MUCH JUST GONNA GO DEAL WITH THE JUUBI THEN WE CAN FIGHT LATER K?
K!

That's their conversation :D

Anyway, this chapter just conveyed a feeling of epic. Team 7 is back, Sasuke's return seems genuine and believable, and I feel like him becoming Hokage could work, except for the fact that Naruto wants it too. I don't see how Naruto and Sasuke are going to fight now though, so that's a bummer. But the four kage showing up basically allowed for a believable capture of the Juubi. I enjoyed it.

Joltik-Kid
22nd May 2013, 7:43 PM
Sasuke stealing Naruto's dream, cause you know, that's what good best friends do :P

nuzamaki90
22nd May 2013, 7:45 PM
HASHIRAAMAAA!
MADAARAAA!!
HEY WASSUP!?!?
NOT MUCH JUST GONNA GO DEAL WITH THE JUUBI THEN WE CAN FIGHT LATER K?
K!

That's their conversation :D

Anyway, this chapter just conveyed a feeling of epic. Team 7 is back, Sasuke's return seems genuine and believable, and I feel like him becoming Hokage could work, except for the fact that Naruto wants it too. I don't see how Naruto and Sasuke are going to fight now though, so that's a bummer. But the four kage showing up basically allowed for a believable capture of the Juubi. I enjoyed it.

That's basically exactly how the conversation went, at least in their minds.

I wonder if the final three fights will all be rival battles since after the Juubi is defeated, there'll still be 3 battles left to complete.

Naruto VS Sasuke
Hashirama VS Madara
Kakashi VS Obito

Coincidence that they're all against Uchiha? Probably not lol

Lorde
22nd May 2013, 7:47 PM

But they'd be fighting for something they both want, so I could see it being intense. My only problem with Sasuke wanting to be Hokage all of a sudden is that he's not a good leader when you think about it. He fights only for himself and I don't think he would be able to relate to the villagers even if he did get the title. And then there's the fact that everyone except Naruto and Sakura hates him and would probably rebel if Sasuke were made Hokage.

DucksGoMooful
22nd May 2013, 7:56 PM
But they'd be fighting for something they both want, so I could see it being intense. My only problem with Sasuke wanting to be Hokage all of a sudden is that he's not a good leader when you think about it. He fights only for himself and I don't think he would be able to relate to the villagers even if he did get the title. And then there's the fact that everyone except Naruto and Sakura hates him and would probably rebel if Sasuke were made Hokage.

Sasuke wants it for the good of the village, and I guess to restore the Uchiha name, to make people understand. Naruto wants it because he wants to be Hokage, that's his goal, he just wants it for respect (right?). It's a different reason for both of them, and I think that'll be a conflict.

Platinum fan.
22nd May 2013, 8:10 PM
Like Shikamaru said, it would be impossible. Nobody can really trust Sasuke, he's been a villain longer then he's been a hero at this point. Adding to what Ciccone said, all it would take is for someone to lie to him about the Uchiha's for him to go in a "I want to kill you for what you did to my family" business. Honestly if Sasuke could be swayed by these actions alone then Naruto and Sakura have been wasting their time trying to save Sasuke, just like Sarutobi died for nothing. By the way, Sasuke actually killed a Hokage in Danzo. Danzo might have been a creep, but he was still a Hokage that Sasuke killed. Doesn't look good on his sheet. There's just to much against Sasuke to make him as Hokage believeable.

MidnightMelody
22nd May 2013, 8:32 PM
Like Shikamaru said, it would be impossible. Nobody can really trust Sasuke, he's been a villain longer then he's been a hero at this point. Adding to what Ciccone said, all it would take is for someone to lie to him about the Uchiha's for him to go in a "I want to kill you for what you did to my family" business. Honestly if Sasuke could be swayed by these actions alone then Naruto and Sakura have been wasting their time trying to save Sasuke, just like Sarutobi died for nothing. By the way, Sasuke actually killed a Hokage in Danzo. Danzo might have been a creep, but he was still a Hokage that Sasuke killed. Doesn't look good on his sheet. There's just to much against Sasuke to make him as Hokage believeable.

Wasn't he not a legit kage at the time? Or was he named the 6th?

EmphaticPikachu
22nd May 2013, 8:32 PM
I think its totally plausible that sasuke could become hokage.

Only because, this is naruto, and they forgive everybody. >3>...

Sasuke will be redeemed, and he WILL get at least the CHANCE to go for the hokage title. Why? Cause this is naruto. XD I mean, this would never happen in a real life scenario, but hey, I'm willing to let that slide only because I've been waiting so long for Sasuke to redeem himself.

...just wish Kishi hadn't exaggerated all those events with sasuke.

I mean its not like death is forever in this world.

TsukiMirage
22nd May 2013, 8:43 PM
Well, I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong, and I was wrong about Minato not having the Kyuubi's chakra or him and Sarutobi not showing more in battle. Still random and out of the blue. And it's really ridculous for Kishi to be trying to play the whole shipping thing again after wasting so much time building it up between Naruto and Hinata. Not to mention acting as if Sakura is actually capable of doing anything productive after throwing her under the bus for most of the series. Should have just stuck to the Hashirama/Madara comparisons instead of trying to revived the ineffective Sannin one. Interesting but illogical chapter.

Sasuke wanting to become Hokage was a surprise but sort of expected, given his journey to this point. He basically took Itachi's goal as his own, and Hokage is the best chance at protecting the village. As for his chances, considering he just saved the entire Alliance by reviving the Edo Hokage and basically has the backing of the former Hokages, who could oppose him. And while he's not much of a leader, he's honestly a better leader then Naruto has ever been shown to be.

Platinum fan.
22nd May 2013, 8:44 PM
Wasn't he not a legit kage at the time? Or was he named the 6th?

Danzo was a full time legit Hokage named the 6th. I'm sure nobody in Konoha misses him but he was still a Hokage that Sasuke killed.

shadow wolf
22nd May 2013, 8:49 PM
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/631/7

Only good page of the chapter, and it was amazing. Yandere Madara is best Yandere.

Honestly though, at this point I don't really care about anything in the manga, breaking point was Tobito. Since I've been reading this for years might as well see it to the end. About Sasuke being Hokage, I can see it in these scenarios, Naruto becomes Kage of the world and Sasuke becomes Hokage, or they both become Co-Hokages. As for the narusaku thing, I took it as a father's teasing; so, comic relief, nothing more nothing less. As for Chakra Mode Minato at this point it's just the rule of cool even though I know why it's logical. Overall, an average chapter for me.

Shneak
22nd May 2013, 8:50 PM
Naruto VS Sasuke
Hashirama VS Madara
Kakashi VS Obito

Coincidence that they're all against Uchiha? Probably not lol

Coincidence that they're all going to lose? Hahaa.

I didn't mind this chapter, though Team 7's reunion is so weird compared to when they last met. I'm surprised that Sasuke wants to become Hokage, but it does indeed set up Naruto vs Sasuke without a life-and death match. The chapter was pretty timely too, since we were discussing how useful Sakura is. I hope she can actually participate.

Also, calling it: Orochimaru, Karin and Suigetsu are apparently not there yet. They're with the 5 current Kages, and they'll show up with an Edotensei Tsunade.

TsukiMirage
22nd May 2013, 8:58 PM
Danzo was a full time legit Hokage named the 6th. I'm sure nobody in Konoha misses him but he was still a Hokage that Sasuke killed. Danzo wasn't the legit Hokage yet. He still needed the Jounins to vote him in, which was why he did what he did at the summit.

Shadow Lucario
22nd May 2013, 8:59 PM
Danzo was never named sixth Hokage. They didn't get to vote on it just yet. They were about to name Kakashi the sixth but Tsunade woke up. Danzo was just acting sixth Hokage.

Edit: Tsuki ninja'd me. Ha, get it? Ninja'd in a Naruto thread.

Platinum fan.
22nd May 2013, 9:02 PM
Danzo wasn't the legit Hokage yet. He still needed the Jounins to vote him in, which was why he did what he did at the summit.

I could have sworn they named him 6th Hokage. I know he pulled that crap at the summit to stay Hokage, because if Tsunade woke up he'd lose the title, but he had nearly all authority of a regular Hokage. All he didn't have was the stone carving on Konoha's mountain. He was still a important figure in Konoha regardless, even if his tactics were shady.

Lorde
22nd May 2013, 9:07 PM
Sasuke wants it for the good of the village, and I guess to restore the Uchiha name, to make people understand. Naruto wants it because he wants to be Hokage, that's his goal, he just wants it for respect (right?). It's a different reason for both of them, and I think that'll be a conflict.

Yeah and I really think their ideals will clash and that'll set up their long awaited rematch. I was beginning to think that it wouldn't happen, which is why I'm surprised that Kishi's going with this now. It just seemed to come up out of the blue.

And I sincerely hope that Tsunade and Jiraiya don't get revived to join Orochimaru and complete the Sannin team. I'm just tired of the Edo Tensei hax in this arc.

lolipiece
22nd May 2013, 9:53 PM
Wow. That was...terrible.

Sasuke is 100% good now? Thank you, Kishi. Thank you for all those years of wasted time.

Might as well have not even turned him bad at all, don'tcha think?

Kamex
22nd May 2013, 10:13 PM
And with everyone laughing and joking around and joyfully reuniting and the tide quickly turning to the good side, it makes me a little mad that they had to kill Neji off. For what? Four Hokage and Sasuke have come to save the day like five minutes later and everybody's already happy, except Neji is too dead to be happy.

Maybe I'm a little bitter, but I'm surprised so many people were satisfied with this chapter.

EmphaticPikachu
22nd May 2013, 10:19 PM
And with everyone laughing and joking around and joyfully reuniting and the tide quickly turning to the good side, it makes me a little mad that they had to kill Neji off. For what? Four Hokage and Sasuke have come to save the day like five minutes later and everybody's already happy, except Neji is too dead to be happy.

Maybe I'm a little bitter, but I'm surprised so many people were satisfied with this chapter.

I'm not someone who thinks to hard into neji's death.

I mean, I just count it is as a death in the war at the moment.

I was quite sad though when he died.

I understand it feels useless...

But that kind of happens in wars.

that being said, you're right when you say that it probably wouldn't have effected the outcome so much.

RasenShuriken6
23rd May 2013, 12:23 AM
Sasuke wanting to be hokage was a surprise. Never would of saw that coming. This is his chance to redeem himself and show that he isn't evil anymore. Awesome chapter btw.

Joltik-Kid
23rd May 2013, 12:57 AM
Sasuke wanting to be hokage was a surprise. Never would of saw that coming. This is his chance to redeem himself and show that he isn't evil anymore. Awesome chapter btw.
He's ruining Naruto's dream... how does that mean redemption?

RasenShuriken6
23rd May 2013, 1:07 AM
He's ruining Naruto's dream... how does that mean redemption?

I didn't mean him being hokage would help redeem himself. I meant him taking part in this battle to save the world. Sorry for the confusion

nuzamaki90
23rd May 2013, 1:18 AM
Wow. That was...terrible.

Sasuke is 100% good now? Thank you, Kishi. Thank you for all those years of wasted time.

Might as well have not even turned him bad at all, don'tcha think?

I still don't think he's 100% good, because IMO, if Sasuke were to become Hokage now, he'd rule as a dictator instead of a beloved leader.

He still doesn't give 2 s***s about his former classmates, he didn't even say sorry to Sakura like he did Karin, and he's trying to take Naruto's dream. That's like a total sinister douchebag move, seriously.

And Sasuke going bad was great character development, him turning slightly good is even better, but he's still not "OHMAJGAWD I LURR U GAIZ" like every other character in the Alliance seems to be. He still has that hatred for Konoha and ninja in general that is making him want to change the village for the better.

So as of now, you can probably label him as a anti-protagonist, or like the Shadow The Hedgehog of Naruto.

Blue Saturday
23rd May 2013, 2:28 AM
Wow....just wow. Sasuke wants to be Hokage. Does he want to be a Pokemon Master/King of the Pirates too?

This is just, mind-blowing. He's done so much crap, Shikamaru was right. But it does at least foreshadow the future showdown between Naruto and Sasuke.

Banana Knight Arthur
23rd May 2013, 2:33 AM
Most random event ever........why did Sasuke suddenly decide becoming Hokage would fix all his public image problems?

Aside from running away, and killing Danzo, what are these horrible crimes Konoha-citizens blame him for? I forget.

Joltik-Kid
23rd May 2013, 3:05 AM
Most random event ever........why did Sasuke suddenly decide becoming Hokage would fix all his public image problems?

Aside from running away, and killing Danzo, what are these horrible crimes Konoha-citizens blame him for? I forget.
Attacking another nation for it's Jinjuriki, for awhile anyway. Attacking the Kage meeting and killing likely a dozen Samurai. Making the claim that he would destroy the Leaf and everyone within it... Just to name a few more

So him saying "Let bygones be bygones" is both arrogant and just shows he has no remorse

Rowdy
23rd May 2013, 3:10 AM
And yet, given Kishi's style and all, Sasuke will likely be Hokage at the end of the series and will be as popular with everyone as Naruto is now if not more so.

Joltik-Kid
23rd May 2013, 4:02 AM
And yet, given Kishi's style and all, Sasuke will likely be Hokage at the end of the series and will be as popular with everyone as Naruto is now if not more so.
I hardly doubt that... he's not gonna deny Naruto his rightful title if he wants to tell a good story :P

Charminions
23rd May 2013, 4:11 AM
I did not see that coming. I can admire that Kishi is at least trying to give us a plot twist, and that he's finally going to give Sakura some attention (hopefully). Honestly, I expect Sasuke to end up becoming the Hokage now, and Naruto will become a second Sage of Six Paths. Also what the hell is up with Minato having Rikudou mode? I mean, it's cool and all, but how is that justifiable?

Lorde
23rd May 2013, 4:33 AM

Naruto's entire gimmick is that he wants to be Hokage. There's no way Kishi would ruin that. I can see Naruto beating Sasuke at the end of the manga and Sasuke accepting the defeat gracefully, which would show that he's matured. That would sort of redeem his character after all the crimes he's committed.

insanejames
23rd May 2013, 5:30 AM
i feel is happening is the cycle (possable a new one) is starting give the Naruto and Sasuke do share similaritys to the Hashirama and Madara respactively so it is possable that Sasuke will become the new Madara after losing out on becoming Hokage and unable to do what he thought is necessary

Ampy
23rd May 2013, 6:03 AM
I hardly doubt that... he's not gonna deny Naruto his rightful title if he wants to tell a good story :P

Unfortunately it seems like he doesn't.

Shadow Lucario
23rd May 2013, 6:57 AM
I did not see that coming. I can admire that Kishi is at least trying to give us a plot twist, and that he's finally going to give Sakura some attention (hopefully). Honestly, I expect Sasuke to end up becoming the Hokage now, and Naruto will become a second Sage of Six Paths. Also what the hell is up with Minato having Rikudou mode? I mean, it's cool and all, but how is that justifiable?

Part of Kurama's Chakra was sealed inside Minato as well. He gave half to Naruto and kept the other half. How he can just go into the Chakra mode, I'll never know. I guess he was training in the shinigami's stomach. Anyway, the only crimes I can think of that Konoha can look at are kidnapping Bee (kind of), attacking the Kage summit and killing Danzo, and killing some samurai. The last one is debatable. On the flip side, Sasuke is also known for killing Itachi (they don't know he didn't), Deidara, and Orochimaru. It comes down to if they think all that makes up for it.

Joltik-Kid
23rd May 2013, 7:14 AM
Unfortunately it seems like he doesn't.
Based on what? Sasuke's sporadic change in character, that's about all I see wrong so far. Even then though, he's still not gonna be Hokage

TsukiMirage
23rd May 2013, 7:23 AM
I could have sworn they named him 6th Hokage. I know he pulled that crap at the summit to stay Hokage, because if Tsunade woke up he'd lose the title, but he had nearly all authority of a regular Hokage. All he didn't have was the stone carving on Konoha's mountain. He was still a important figure in Konoha regardless, even if his tactics were shady. He was "named" 6th Hokage, but he didn't actually have the job yet. Only after the jounin's vote would he have actually been the Hokage, regardless of whether Tsunade woke up or not. An important criminal more like it.

He's ruining Naruto's dream... how does that mean redemption? He's not ruining Naruto's dream. The entire reason Naruto wanted to become Hokage is simply because he wanted to be acknowledged by everyone, which he now has gained without it.

Attacking another nation for it's Jinjuriki, for awhile anyway. Attacking the Kage meeting and killing likely a dozen Samurai. Making the claim that he would destroy the Leaf and everyone within it... Just to name a few more

So him saying "Let bygones be bygones" is both arrogant and just shows he has no remorse Attacking Kirabi became moot when Kirabi was revived alive, the atatck on the summit was blamed on Obito's manipulation, and his previous desires toward Konoha is only known to the rest of Team Seven.

Except that's the key theme, forgetting what had previously did to end the cycle of hatred. Nagato did far worst then Sasuke and got forgiven. the entire Alliance forgave their past of killing each other.

Joltik-Kid
23rd May 2013, 7:39 AM
Attacking Kirabi became moot when Kirabi was revived alive, the atatck on the summit was blamed on Obito's manipulation, and his previous desires toward Konoha is only known to the rest of Team Seven.

Except that's the key theme, forgetting what had previously did to end the cycle of hatred. Nagato did far worst then Sasuke and got forgiven. the entire Alliance forgave their past of killing each other.
So if a man was told to kill a family...he would be in the right because the person manipulated him? I'm sorry, but how does that makes any sense... So Sasuke wasn't the one to kill these people, but Obito because of his "supposed manipulation"? And just because Bee was alive and well does not negate that he invaded and attack it's Jinjuriki, which is like saying Hinata's kidnappers were okay because they didn't get that far :P Your trying to support an utterly flawed character who has done many things that are sinful. And Pain was not forgiven, Naruto made it clear that he still hated what he did, but wasn't going to kill him. The fact he was nicer the second time around was because Pain (Nagato) actually made the sacrifice to revive everyone who was killed, something Sasuke cannot do. He should not be easily redeemed for his actions, especially because he's forcing them

gohan5
23rd May 2013, 10:37 AM
He was "named" 6th Hokage, but he didn't actually have the job yet. Only after the jounin's vote would he have actually been the Hokage, regardless of whether Tsunade woke up or not. An important criminal more like it.

He was never actually sworn in as Hokage though, he was just the 6th Hokage Candidate. Kakashi was just about to be sworn in as the 6th after the Summit, but Tsunade was revealed to have woken up by then. So no Danzo technically was never officially 6th Hokage, rather he was just the current acting Hokage in Tsunade's absence.

So if a man was told to kill a family...he would be in the right because the person manipulated him? I'm sorry, but how does that makes any sense... So Sasuke wasn't the one to kill these people, but Obito because of his "supposed manipulation"? And just because Bee was alive and well does not negate that he invaded and attack it's Jinjuriki, which is like saying Hinata's kidnappers were okay because they didn't get that far :P Your trying to support an utterly flawed character who has done many things that are sinful. And Pain was not forgiven, Naruto made it clear that he still hated what he did, but wasn't going to kill him. The fact he was nicer the second time around was because Pain (Nagato) actually made the sacrifice to revive everyone who was killed, something Sasuke cannot do. He should not be easily redeemed for his actions, especially because he's forcing them

Yeah I don't agree with it anymore than you, but he's right, that's how this manga works. Itachi should have payed for his crimes too (and in a sense he did, with his illness), but was still looked at as one of the greatest heroes and biggest influences in the story now.

PokeMaster366
23rd May 2013, 12:54 PM

Or we could have another time-skip where the Five Nations have decided to join together permanently in order to recover from the war, and while Sasuke becomes the Hokage, Naruto becomes the Grand Kage of the 5 nations (In brief, the boss of bosses).

Emperor Empoleon
23rd May 2013, 1:06 PM
This chapter was..Bizarre..

Team 7 reunion...With hardly any real emotion whatsoever??? Seriously, Sauce just waltzes in like nothing has happened in the last 3 years. Not a lick of remorse for what he's done to his friends, and he barely even acknowledges their presence to begin with. We've had chapters on end going on about how great this bond is supposed to be, and how the separation really hurts Naruto & Sakura, but when we finally see them back together it's just...Dull.This moment should've been handled with far more delicacy for all the hype that surrounds the plot point. Shoving it into the heat of the last battle like this just makes it look rushed.

As if that weren't enough, Minato goes KCM, Sasuke thinks he can actually be Hokage, and Sakura's just now getting her Sannin brand power up at the 11th hour.

As someone who actually enjoyed a decent amount of the war, this is the first chapter where I've actually found myself laughing at everything going on..It's like some kind of bad joke to me.

Noheart
23rd May 2013, 3:02 PM
This chapter was..Bizarre..

Team 7 reunion...With hardly any real emotion whatsoever??? Seriously, Sauce just waltzes in like nothing has happened in the last 3 years. Not a lick of remorse for what he's done to his friends, and he barely even acknowledges their presence to begin with. We've had chapters on end going on about how great this bond is supposed to be, and how the separation really hurts Naruto & Sakura, but when we finally see them back together it's just...Dull.This moment should've been handled with far more delicacy for all the hype that surrounds the plot point. Shoving it into the heat of the last battle like this just makes it look rushed.

As if that weren't enough, Minato goes KCM, Sasuke thinks he can actually be Hokage, and Sakura's just now getting her Sannin brand power up at the 11th hour.

As someone who actually enjoyed a decent amount of the war, this is the first chapter where I've actually found myself laughing at everything going on..It's like some kind of bad joke to me.

This. This in its entirety.

I suppose that in the heat of war, them being shinobi they must kill their emotions until they are out of danger. I can see Sasuke's motive after hearing Hashirama's story, but I agree that it should've been handled more delicately. Sasuke's passiveness towards Naruto and Sakura also ticked me off quite a bit.

However, we can still hope that they will be more in-depth with things that happen during the war in the animé.

Also, Minato can enter Bijuu mode because he has half of the Kyuubi's chakra. Remember that it was too much to seal all of the Kyuubi's chakra into Naruto? I'm sure he could have done it, but remember that Minato was weakened from his fight with Obito and he probably used a lot of chakra to prevent that one Tailed Beast Bomb from obliterating the village.

Shadow Lucario
23rd May 2013, 4:17 PM
This. This in its entirety.

I suppose that in the heat of war, them being shinobi they must kill their emotions until they are out of danger. I can see Sasuke's motive after hearing Hashirama's story, but I agree that it should've been handled more delicately. Sasuke's passiveness towards Naruto and Sakura also ticked me off quite a bit.

That's been Sasuke's schtick this entire series. He was just as passive to them when he saw them at Orochimaru's hideout. He was even more passive when he blew through one of Naruto's clones on his way to Itachi. Sasuke hardly showed emotion during the series and NOW people have a problem with it?

It's kind of hard to show emotion when you need to focus on not dying just about every second of the next few moments. Of course Sasuke doesn't show any emotion because, well, that's his character. And I don't get why people keep saying, "...after all he's done to them." The only thing Sasuke has done to them was attempt to kill Sakura, which people seem to forget was in self defense. If anything, Naruto should be the one apologizing. He tried to force Sasuke to go back to Konoha when Sasuke told him that he wanted to leave. As for the separation hurting them, I never really saw any of that aside from the one time Kakashi mentioned Sasuke right after they met up again. After that it became a driving force for them to get stronger and such.

Platinum fan.
23rd May 2013, 4:45 PM
Sasuke was a rogue ninja going to join Orochimaru, one of Konoha's top enemies, of course Naruto was forced to bring him back. Even if they were not friends he would have been ordered by the Konoha ninjas to go after him anyway. I doubt Neji, Choji, and Kiba went after him because there best friends with Sasuke, and Shikamaru flat out said he and Sasuke aren't friends.

Anyway, I have problem with Sasuke not being all "I'm sorry everyone" because that is his character, and it's because of that character he would make a lousy Hokage. This will make for a interesting story once this horrible war arc ends, hopefully soon. They could extend this to a part 3 of Naruto or simply have Naruto and Sasuke fight for the title, because obviously these two are the current strongest ninjas alive not counting zombies, and Tsunade could already be dead so the door opens...poor Tsunade. But I am curious on who would side with Sasuke over Naruto. All of Sasuke's actions have been for his own personal gain, while Naruto has defend the lives of his village, and saved other nations kages aka Gaara, and most of the Gokage have put faith and trust in him. While Raikage wants Sasuke's head mounted on his wall. So if nothing else this will be a somewhat interesting story.

Also I'll laugh if Sakura's real power is just Tsunade's forehead power thingy, which I can't remember what it does, it's been to long. Ino can even make a remark on how Sakura's giant forehead comes in handy XD Maybe she'll bring back Inner Sakura and pummel Madara with it. I miss Inner Sakura.

Shadow Lucario
23rd May 2013, 5:12 PM
Anyway, I have problem with Sasuke not being all "I'm sorry everyone" because that is his character, and it's because of that character he would make a lousy Hokage. This will make for a interesting story once this horrible war arc ends, hopefully soon. They could extend this to a part 3 of Naruto or simply have Naruto and Sasuke fight for the title, because obviously these two are the current strongest ninjas alive not counting zombies, and Tsunade could already be dead so the door opens...poor Tsunade. But I am curious on who would side with Sasuke over Naruto. All of Sasuke's actions have been for his own personal gain, while Naruto has defend the lives of his village, and saved other nations kages aka Gaara, and most of the Gokage have put faith and trust in him. While Raikage wants Sasuke's head mounted on his wall. So if nothing else this will be a somewhat interesting story.

It's funny because his own personal gain ended up helping Konoha in the long run. He dispatched both Itachi and Deidara (even though they essentially tied). While he did get rid of Orochimaru too, he brought him back so that kind of doesn't count. XD I know Sasuke wouldn't make a good Hokage nor would Naruto because at the moment they both lack certain leadership qualities.

Also I'll laugh if Sakura's real power is just Tsunade's forehead power thingy, which I can't remember what it does, it's been to long. Ino can even make a remark on how Sakura's giant forehead comes in handy XD Maybe she'll bring back Inner Sakura and pummel Madara with it. I miss Inner Sakura.

This is where we'll see Slug Sage Mode. Tsunade secretly taught it to her during the timeskip and told her she had to wait at least a two years to use it. Time to step up to the plate Sakura.

Emperor Empoleon
23rd May 2013, 5:34 PM
That's been Sasuke's schtick this entire series. He was just as passive to them when he saw them at Orochimaru's hideout. He was even more passive when he blew through one of Naruto's clones on his way to Itachi. Sasuke hardly showed emotion during the series and NOW people have a problem with it?
More or less :T This is supposed to be the Team 7 Reunion. Years worth of hype and tears were spent on the idea that they would laugh together again as friends. And that Sasuke would be changed for the better by their bond. It should rightfully be an emotional moment, at least to some degree :/

It's kind of hard to show emotion when you need to focus on not dying just about every second of the next few moments. Of course Sasuke doesn't show any emotion because, well, that's his character.
Precisely, so again, Kishi shouldn't have placed this long awaited reunion scene in the middle of a big fight. It could've been developed more smoothly. This is less about the characters themselves and more about his decisions as the writer.

And I don't get why people keep saying, "...after all he's done to them." The only thing Sasuke has done to them was attempt to kill Sakura, which people seem to forget was in self defense. If anything, Naruto should be the one apologizing. He tried to force Sasuke to go back to Konoha when Sasuke told him that he wanted to leave.
They're all at fault, really. But it was Sasuke who started all of the team drama by becoming a rogue nin. And he's tried to harm them on more than just one ocassion. His clashes with Naruto, and the first meeting in part 2 are examples as well.

As for the separation hurting them, I never really saw any of that aside from the one time Kakashi mentioned Sasuke right after they met up again. After that it became a driving force for them to get stronger and such.
Really? The Sasuke Retrieval Arc, Sasuke & Sai Arc, & Gokage Summit Arc all dealt with Team 7's drama. Might be another I'm forgetting.

However, we can still hope that they will be more in-depth with things that happen during the war in the animé.

They do tend to pull through for the major arcs, so I could look forward to that.

Platinum fan.
23rd May 2013, 5:46 PM
It's funny because his own personal gain ended up helping Konoha in the long run. He dispatched both Itachi and Deidara (even though they essentially tied). While he did get rid of Orochimaru too, he brought him back so that kind of doesn't count. XD I know Sasuke wouldn't make a good Hokage nor would Naruto because at the moment they both lack certain leadership qualities.

This is where we'll see Slug Sage Mode. Tsunade secretly taught it to her during the timeskip and told her she had to wait at least a two years to use it. Time to step up to the plate Sakura.

I would put Naruto above Sasuke in terms of Hokage, but neither are ready yet. Just being strong isn't enough, you have to be a good leader. Naruto's weakness is he tries to do everything himself all the time, and doesn't take advantage of his friends who want to help him. Sure they can be a burden at times like with Hinata vs Pain, but if she hadn't got stabbed, Naruto would have entered rage mode and freed himself. Sasuke at this point isn't trustyworthy and probably never will have Konoha's full trust. His goals always change from wanting to kill his brother to wanting to kill everyone in Konoha, to now wanting to be Hokage. Next month he might want to join the circus because he learns from Madara that was the Uchiha's real purpose. That of course isn't true but...and also he's a lousy leader. Karin gets taken hostage and he nearly kills her to kill Danzo. Power of plot keeps Karin alive, but it's still not a good leadership quality. True a real ninja would have done that outside the world of Naruto, but these are Naruto world ninjas XD

As for Sakura's Slug Mode. I laughed and scoffed at the idea but if it makes Sakura relevant so be it. I will always find it hard to believe that Sakura is anywhere near as powerful as Naruto and Sasuke, or even in the same neighborhood as them, but we'll see. It's a shame there was no build up for Sakura's real power. It's literally just coming out of nowhere.

Shadow Lucario
23rd May 2013, 5:50 PM
More or less :T This is supposed to be the Team 7 Reunion. Years worth of hype and tears were spent on the idea that they would laugh together again as friends.

Sasuke laugh? Who do you think he is?

Really? The Sasuke Retrieval Arc, Sasuke & Sai Arc, & Gokage Summit Arc all dealt with Team 7's drama. Might be another I'm forgetting.

What I had meant was that Naruto never really showed him being extremely depressed that Sasuke wasn't around. Sure, those arcs showed that Naruto and Sakura still wanted him to come back, but the fact that they were apart didn't severely hurt them.

moneylesswario
23rd May 2013, 5:59 PM
Wow, Sasuke wants to be Hokage now? Why?

I expect Naruto and Sasuke to end up sharing the title. It doesn't make sense, but neither does most of this manga anymore.

Jb
23rd May 2013, 6:15 PM
I'm sure Naruto's talk no talk no talk no jutsu will make everyone forgive Sasuke.

Shadow Lucario
23rd May 2013, 6:17 PM
I'm sure Naruto's talk no talk no talk no jutsu will make everyone forgive Sasuke.

Until the Raikage comes around and tries to chop his head off again.

SharpedoX
23rd May 2013, 6:19 PM
There's so much to talk about this week... Gods, I just want Sakura to shine, please! Give her Tsunade's Yin-Yang seal or an imperfect form of the Slug Sage mode, but give her something! She needs to shine. It's now or never. I need to re-read this. Again and again. I don't care what anyone says; BEST CHAPTER we've been thrown, hands down. For the time being.

And Minato with the Kyuubi mode? We get it. He still has half of its chakra but it's bizarre at the very least. And where's Orochimaru? What will happen with Kabuto now? So much questions; so little time...

Lorde
23rd May 2013, 8:18 PM
And Minato with the Kyuubi mode? We get it. He still has half of its chakra but it's bizarre at the very least. And where's Orochimaru? What will happen with Kabuto now? So much questions; so little time...

I'm surprised Minato didn't give Naruto the other half of Kurama's chakra. That would've made him stronger and he is the "chosen one" after all. I think Orochimaru stayed behind to find the Gokage. Karin probably sensed them and Orochimaru decided to help them or something.

Shneak
23rd May 2013, 9:20 PM
Wow, you guys don't seem like you grasp this chapter well.

You're supposed to act like Naruto, Sakura and the other five when Sasuke announces that he wants to be Hokage. It's so ridiculous that it's not possible. Even Kiba thinks he's telling a joke. He doesn't think becoming Hokage will fix his public image or anything because he doesn't care about what people think. All he wants is to get peace in his own way.

This isn't a sporadic change in character because he's clearly changed for the better recently and because he wants the job in his won selfish way.

pwnswitchclik
23rd May 2013, 10:39 PM
I'm having a funny feeling that next issue Sasuke is going stab Naruto in the back, it just looks too good to be true.

TsukiMirage
23rd May 2013, 11:27 PM
So if a man was told to kill a family...he would be in the right because the person manipulated him? I'm sorry, but how does that makes any sense... So Sasuke wasn't the one to kill these people, but Obito because of his "supposed manipulation"? And just because Bee was alive and well does not negate that he invaded and attack it's Jinjuriki, which is like saying Hinata's kidnappers were okay because they didn't get that far :P Your trying to support an utterly flawed character who has done many things that are sinful. And Pain was not forgiven, Naruto made it clear that he still hated what he did, but wasn't going to kill him. The fact he was nicer the second time around was because Pain (Nagato) actually made the sacrifice to revive everyone who was killed, something Sasuke cannot do. He should not be easily redeemed for his actions, especially because he's forcing them First off, that example doesn't really work here. Sasuke didn't go to the summit to fight, he was set up by Obito and Zetsu, and put in a position where he would have to fight. His goal was simply to discover what Danzo looked like and then wait til afterward to eliminate him. Secondly, I'm not the one claiming it. Gaara and later Kakashi were the ones who considered Sasuke was being manipulated by Obito. Third, simply attacking another ninja is a far less crime then killing them would be. Karui attacked Naruto, the Kages and their guards nearly attacked each other, various Allied ninjas were attacking each other before Gaara's speech. Sasuke attacking Kirabi may not have been ok, but it's not some unforgivable act from all that we've seen. And fourth, what many things? 1) Leaving Konoha for Orochimaru, 2) Attacking his former teammates, 3) Joining Akatsuki, 4) Attacking Kirabi, and 5) Attacking the summit. The first two were excused by Tsunade early on, the third shouldn't matter due to the Kages also making use of Akatsuki, and the last two are bad but not inexcusable. Exactly what has he done that doesn't allow him to be redeemed? Especially when you factor in all his good acts like eliminating two missingnins, helping end Edo Tensei, and having the Edo Hokages revived which lead to the entire Alliance being saved. Not sure how he's forcing anybody.

Naruto made his intentions clear to Inoichi and co, and he forgave Nagato before he knew Nagato could revive everyone. Maybe a better example would be Gaara?

Lorde
23rd May 2013, 11:42 PM
I'm having a funny feeling that next issue Sasuke is going stab Naruto in the back, it just looks too good to be true.

I doubt it at this point. Sasuke really seemed to have a change of heart, although obviously he still needs to prove himself. His desire to become Hokage is just going to add fuel to the flames and will only make him more hated though. I have no idea why he thinks that the village would want him as their leader given his reputation.

Shadow Lucario
23rd May 2013, 11:47 PM

Sasuke isn't the type of person that would do that. It's either side with Naruto or become trapped in the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Jb
23rd May 2013, 11:51 PM
I just noticed that Sasuke in the current OP is showed with the other kage. Now that seems kinda like foreshadowing his decision this chapter.

pwnswitchclik
24th May 2013, 1:01 AM
Sasuke isn't the type of person that would do that. It's either side with Naruto or become trapped in the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Yea, but still, his jealousy for Naruto, now somewhat dorment, that he held for a long time might be a catalyst for betrayal. I'm not saying it will happen but it just might. After all he is an Uchiha, maybe something on the battlefield will happen to spiral Sasuke down into his dark desires once more.

Charminions
24th May 2013, 1:13 AM
Yea, but still, his jealousy for Naruto, now somewhat dorment, that he held for a long time might be a catalyst for betrayal. I'm not saying it will happen but it just might. After all he is an Uchiha, maybe something on the battlefield will happen to spiral Sasuke down into his dark desires once more.

I don't see that happening. Sasuke's character has always been one who always had a goal. The more information he attained, the more his goal changed, but at this point there isn't any more Uchiha info. for him to possibly learn. He does not care for what's good or evil, he only cares about what he believes is right.

Hikatoshi26
24th May 2013, 4:30 AM
I think Chapter 631 was awesome. I am looking foreward to Naruto and Minato fighting side by side. Seeing everyone rage on Sasuke was nice and funny. I do want to see Sakura's full power however. (Holds back laughter) I am excited for the continuation of this war now naruto and Bee aren't the strongest ones...

Kamex
24th May 2013, 5:39 AM
The more information he attained, the more his goal changed, but at this point there isn't any more Uchiha info. for him to possibly learn.
Not necessarily; I suspect Madara will reveal what remains of the Uchiha story, and perhaps the Sage of the Six Paths, Rinnegan, Naka Shrine and maybe Izuna will have a lot to do with it. That being said, I doubt Sasuke will significantly change his mind and allegiance anymore, simply because the manga is obviously rushing to approaching an end.

Joltik-Kid
24th May 2013, 5:40 AM
Naruto is a threat to his goal though... after dealing with the 10 tails, nothing really is stopping him from attacking Naruto

Kamex
24th May 2013, 6:31 AM
Naruto is a threat to his goal though... after dealing with the 10 tails, nothing really is stopping him from attacking Naruto
Sasuke can't become Hokage by force, he has to win the people over (if that's even possible). Naruto and Sasuke might have a battle at the end of the series to see who becomes Hokage, but that doesn't mean Sasuke has to stab Naruto in the back to make it happen.

TsukiMirage
24th May 2013, 7:12 AM
Naruto is a threat to his goal though... after dealing with the 10 tails, nothing really is stopping him from attacking Naruto Don't think Naruto's much of a threat. Being more popular won't ensure that he's put over anyone else, as shown after the Pain Invasion. And he really has no need to attack Naruto, when he has the truth and Edo Hokages backing his reasoning up.

Kamex
24th May 2013, 7:41 AM
By the way, I forgot to mention that I didn't like Minato's comparison of Sakura to Kushina. Jiraiya already did that when comparing Sakura to Tsunade, which made more sense to me... and I realize it may just be a running joke of sorts. But if I recall correctly Naruto was supposed to be the one with a similar personality to Kushina, that's one of the few links he has to her (other than the Kyuubi jinchuuriki thing). Not to make a mountain out of a molehill, but this just feels like another case of Kishi lumping all kunoichi into one box of carbon copies.

Lorde
24th May 2013, 7:44 AM
By the way, I forgot to mention that I didn't like Minato's comparison of Sakura to Kushina. Jiraiya already did that when comparing Sakura to Tsunade, which made more sense to me... and I realize this may just be a running joke of sorts. But still, if I recall correctly Naruto was supposed to be the one with a similar personality to Kushina, that's one of the few links he has to her (other than the Kyuubi jinchuuriki thing). Not to make a mountain out of a molehill, but this just feels like another case of Kishi lumping all kunoichi into one box of carbon copies.

It seemed like Kishi wanted to rile up the various shipping fanbases by making Sakura seem more likely to be Naruto's girlfriend than Hinata. I swear, he must have seen how tame the shipping wars had gotten after NaruHina seemed confirmed, and he decided to throw in the Sakura/Kushina comparison to get things going again. He's such a troll.

DANdotW
24th May 2013, 8:37 AM
It seemed like Kishi wanted to rile up the various shipping fanbases by making Sakura seem more likely to be Naruto's girlfriend than Hinata. I swear, he must have seen how tame the shipping wars had gotten after NaruHina seemed confirmed, and he decided to throw in the Sakura/Kushina comparison to get things going again. He's such a troll.

That's exactly how I saw it, too.

Hikatoshi26
24th May 2013, 8:45 AM

I agree in so many ways.

gohan5
24th May 2013, 9:01 AM

Same, it wasn't necessary and felt more than a little out of place in the grand scheme of the chapter. This was the big dead Hokages reveal and come save the alliance moment, not high school. But the entire chapter was all over the place, honestly seemed like fanfiction.

p96822
24th May 2013, 11:21 AM
Same, it wasn't necessary and felt more than a little out of place in the grand scheme of the chapter. This was the big dead Hokages reveal and come save the alliance moment, not high school. But the entire chapter was all over the place, honestly seemed like fanfiction.

It not out of place because Naruto can interact with his father and him seeing one of Naruto's best friends.

Shadow Lucario
24th May 2013, 6:21 PM
It not out of place because Naruto can interact with his father and him seeing one of Naruto's best friends.

By out of place, I think he means that they're in a pretty dire situation right now and joking around isn't the best thing to do.

Joltik-Kid
24th May 2013, 9:02 PM
Don't think Naruto's much of a threat. Being more popular won't ensure that he's put over anyone else, as shown after the Pain Invasion. And he really has no need to attack Naruto, when he has the truth and Edo Hokages backing his reasoning up.
Did you even read what Itachi told Naruto... it's not the one who becomes Hokage to be acknowledged by everyone, but the one who is acknowledged by everyone that will become Hokage. Based on that, Naruto has a far far greater chance because of how everyone, including his peers, see him. Because of that, he is a threat to Sasuke's chances of becoming Hokage...you really think Naruto's dad would betray him? Heck the 3rd seemed to like Naruto more then Sasuke

I really will regret this...because everyone in this thread here is against me... but when was it ever declared that Naruto loved Hinata or that his feelings had changed for that matter? As far as I recall, the last mention of his feelings were that he was in love with Sakura

Shadow Lucario
24th May 2013, 10:46 PM
I really will regret this...because everyone in this thread here is against me... but when was it ever declared that Naruto loved Hinata or that his feelings had changed for that matter? As far as I recall, the last mention of his feelings were that he was in love with Sakura

I'm with you on this. The only evidence they really have is Naruto holding Hinata's hand a few months ago and that's not even near stable proof for NaruHina. Naruto is still head over heels for Sakura. Anyway, I don't think Sasuke would really care if Naruto became Hokage over him. He only very recently decided on this so I doubt he would betray someone for it.

Lorde
24th May 2013, 10:51 PM

He held Hinata's hand. If that's not proof that NaruHina is going to happen, I don't know what is. It seems clear to me that Sakura loves Sasuke anyway, so Naruto has no chance of ending up with her unless Sasuke dies, which is unlikely to happen at this point imo.

gohan5
24th May 2013, 10:59 PM

At least where I am concerned, I'm not saying anything about Naruto having feelings for one over the other. Naruto looks like he's turning into one of the protagonists of a harem anime, but that's another issue. All I'm saying is that it was superfluous to even have Minato mention that at all, like why? He just redirected the Juubi's blast like it was nothing and that's one of the first things he says? What? Where's the badass that fought the Kyuubi head on. But anyway, that's just me. And like I said, it just was one thing about the chapter that disappointed me. Has no bearing on shipping preferences or what have you, just an objective standpoint.

He held Hinata's hand. If that's not proof that NaruHina is going to happen, I don't know what is. It seems clear to me that Sakura loves Sasuke anyway, so Naruto has no chance of ending up with her unless Sasuke dies, which is unlikely to happen at this point imo.

I wouldn't say that, though you are entitled to believe what you want.

Emperor Empoleon
24th May 2013, 11:26 PM
Kishi had been doing more and more with Naruto & Hinata for a change in the war arc, even if he doesn't like her back. There was an implication, for quite a few readers (and even some non-shipping fans from what I had seen), that he would finally go all the way with them. Especially with them holding hands on the front cover of volume 64.

That's why this comes off as being such a troll. It's almost like what happened after her confession in Pain's Invasion. Where she just drops out of the manga in the following arc, and Sai talks about how much Naruto loves Sakura.

TsukiMirage
24th May 2013, 11:34 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/143/a/4/naruto_935_manga_631_parody_by_prosetisen-d66a4hp.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/143/7/9/sasuke_can_make_up_an_excuse_for_being_evil_by_ade l123456789-d66agi7.png

Did you even read what Itachi told Naruto... it's not the one who becomes Hokage to be acknowledged by everyone, but the one who is acknowledged by everyone that will become Hokage. Based on that, Naruto has a far far greater chance because of how everyone, including his peers, see him. Because of that, he is a threat to Sasuke's chances of becoming Hokage...you really think Naruto's dad would betray him? Heck the 3rd seemed to like Naruto more then Sasuke Yes, I recall what Itachi said. But like I pointed out, neither Tsunade nor Gaara were acknowledged beforehand and they still manage to be chosen. And despite everyone loving him after Pain's Invasion, his name wasn't put up for nomination, instead it came down to Kakashi and Danzo. Hashirama's really the only one we know was universally loved beforehand. So being more popular isn't that much of a threat.

Betray him? How is it a betrayal choosing someone who wants to change the flawed system over someone who just wanted the title to be acknowledged? Minato already spoke about how he had wanted to change the system, so he's gonna said with the guy who has the same desire. And Sarutobi liked Orochimaru, didn't stop him from choosing Minato instead.

Platinum fan.
25th May 2013, 3:29 AM
Naruto wants to change the system to. He wants world peace now. Even before that he told Neji when he became Hokage he would change the future of the Hyugas. Neji's dead now, true, but that doesn't make Naruto's words any weaker then Sasuke's. I really don't care if the dead Hokage support Sasuke in his choice to be Hokage. At the end of the day they go back to being dead and don't have to put up with Hokage Sasuke, so really is their vote all that important? The only thing Naruto seems to lack to be Hokage is leadership skills, if there is anything else he lacks please point it out, but Sasuke is no better. He'll kill his teammate if it suits his personal goal. Neither are suited to be a Hokage at the current moment, but Naruto is in a far better light then Sasuke. It feels like Kishi doesn't even know where to go with Sasuke anymore. So many things about Naruto vs Sasuke has changed to the point where I don't even believe they'll fight over the Hokage title, because odds are Sasuke will have another desire 20 chapters from now. I'll laugh if all this is all part of the dream jutsu thing. Sasuke as Hokage. What a kick in the balls to Naruto's entire run as a character that would be if that actually happened.

Lorde
25th May 2013, 3:49 AM
That's why this comes off as being such a troll. It's almost like what happened after her confession in Pain's Invasion. Where she just drops out of the manga in the following arc, and Sai talks about how much Naruto loves Sakura.

Yeah, just watch Kishi ignore Hinata for the rest of the arc just to spite the NaruHina shippers. We suffer so much.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/143/a/4/naruto_935_manga_631_parody_by_prosetisen-d66a4hp.jpg

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z344/FabDento/saslaugh_zps3b06a819.gif

I loved how Itachi was portrayed like Hashirama and I loved that Naruto became the new Pain. At least he was with Hinata. :p

Joltik-Kid
25th May 2013, 4:22 AM
So what was Sakura's hug in 450 to you then... since hand holding (which was planned from the start noless) is somehow a step above that -_- And Sakura clearly also holds Naruto close to her heart, so all he needs to do is put the final nail in the coffin by coming clean about the bench scene that formed the false image of Sasuke. It takes two to tango, Naruto considers Hinata a good friend, Sasuke could careless about Sakura's existence... Naruto and Sakura act natural around each other

Naruto wants to change the system to. He wants world peace now. Even before that he told Neji when he became Hokage he would change the future of the Hyugas. Neji's dead now, true, but that doesn't make Naruto's words any weaker then Sasuke's. I really don't care if the dead Hokage support Sasuke in his choice to be Hokage. At the end of the day they go back to being dead and don't have to put up with Hokage Sasuke, so really is their vote all that important? The only thing Naruto seems to lack to be Hokage is leadership skills, if there is anything else he lacks please point it out, but Sasuke is no better. He'll kill his teammate if it suits his personal goal. Neither are suited to be a Hokage at the current moment, but Naruto is in a far better light then Sasuke. It feels like Kishi doesn't even know where to go with Sasuke anymore. So many things about Naruto vs Sasuke has changed to the point where I don't even believe they'll fight over the Hokage title, because odds are Sasuke will have another desire 20 chapters from now. I'll laugh if all this is all part of the dream jutsu thing. Sasuke as Hokage. What a kick in the balls to Naruto's entire run as a character that would be if that actually happened.
Agreed :)

Shadow Lucario
25th May 2013, 6:16 AM

I don't think him sacrificing his teammate one time defines that as a personality trait. He was fueled by revenge and is very dedicated to his goals. If you bring up Juugo and Suigetsu, it wasn't his choice to leave them at the summit. He was kinda forced away by Tobi.

Platinum fan.
25th May 2013, 2:33 PM
I don't think him sacrificing his teammate one time defines that as a personality trait. He was fueled by revenge and is very dedicated to his goals. If you bring up Juugo and Suigetsu, it wasn't his choice to leave them at the summit. He was kinda forced away by Tobi.

At the time, Sasuke didn't give a **** about Juugo and Suigetsu. When Karin asked if they should rescue them at the Gokage summit, Sasuke said to leave them and Danzo was their target, thus leaving Karin worried about how Sasuke has changed for the worse. He pretty much left Juugo and Suigetsu to die just to get Danzo. You are right he's dedicated to his goals but he's willing to sacrifice others to achieve it and that is not for the good of the many it's for his own selfish desires. Sasuke is by no means a better choice of Hokage over Naruto. Naruto doesn't just fight to be acknowledged anymore, he fights for his village and everyone in it, Sasuke fights to satisfy his own personal goals. Why anyone would want a guy like that as Hokage is beyond me.

Emperor Empoleon
25th May 2013, 9:39 PM
all he needs to do is put the final nail in the coffin by coming clean about the bench scene that formed the false image of Sasuke.

Wait, what is that supposed to do? O_o

Telling her that he pretended to be the guy she likes to try and change her feelings..Sakura would clock him upside the head if anything.

Lorde
25th May 2013, 11:27 PM
So what was Sakura's hug in 450 to you then... since hand holding (which was planned from the start noless) is somehow a step above that

In my honest opinion, hugging =/= holding hands especially since Sakura's hug was obviously meant to trick Naruto into thinking she loved him and to make him quit obsessing over Sasuke. Meanwhile Naruto and Hinata's hand holding seemed genuine and it was even featured in the latest manga volume cover. In truth, Sakura doesn't seem to have romantic feelings for Naruto and she admitted that she loves Sasuke so much that she couldn't kill him even when it was absolutely necessary. NaruHina was practically confirmed and then Kishi suddenly decided to troll the shippers some more by making unnecessary comparisons between Sakura and Kushina, thereby throwing everything off balance and sending us back to square one.

Agility
26th May 2013, 12:02 AM
The cheese was strong in this chapter.. The nostalgia fist got me straight in the gut, though. That panel with the three of them side by side was just cake. People eat that **** up haha.

Platinum fan.
26th May 2013, 12:18 AM
Please tell me, I'm not the only one who doesn't care about the shipping hints. I don't care that much about Naruto and Hinata's shipping. It's cute when they hold hands on a cover, but that's all it is to me, something cute. I've never cared for Sasuke and Sakura's shipping because it exist for the most shallow of reasons and it's because of this I never cared for Sakura crying over Sasuke. If they had a actual healthy friendship I'd care about them, but that is not the case. As far as Naruto and Sakura goes...meh. I admit I was annoyed by the Sakura and Kushina thing, not because I feel it threatens NaruHina, but because it's so dang annoying. It makes me hope Naruto does not hook up with Sakura, because his parents keep smacking him in the face with that junk. "Oh, don't go after some weird girl. Pick someone like your mom!" "Take care of my son, Kushina junior." Please Naruto rebel. But then again, I really don't care that much about shipping in Naruto. All the good ships in Naruto involve people who are currently dead :P

Agility
26th May 2013, 12:57 AM
Well, I don't judge Sakura on her early part one self too often. It was obvious as the first part of the series drew to a close, her feelings for Sasuke had extended past "oh this guy's a hunk!". They were also pretty obviously friends, and Sasuke at least appreciated her efforts for him when he thanked her before leaving. Sakura's really the only person I can legitimately see Sasuke with, since with all of the other girls, he's never shown an ounce of caring towards any of them. Like.. ever.

Besides, Karin aside (this one should be bashed for being even more pathetic than Sakura), I can't see anyone tolerating Sasuke enough to actually raise a family with him, which is one of his goals.

Platinum fan.
26th May 2013, 1:13 AM
Well, I don't judge Sakura on her early part one self too often. It was obvious as the first part of the series drew to a close, her feelings for Sasuke had extended past "oh this guy's a hunk!". They were also pretty obviously friends, and Sasuke at least appreciated her efforts for him when he thanked her before leaving. Sakura's really the only person I can legitimately see Sasuke with, since with all of the other girls, he's never shown an ounce of caring towards any of them. Like.. ever.

Besides, Karin aside (this one should be bashed for being even more pathetic than Sakura), I can't see anyone tolerating Sasuke enough to actually raise a family with him, which is one of his goals.

Sakura's feelings extended past "oh this guy's a hunk!" that is what their early relationship was, but can you or anyone please tell me what their relationship is? I just don't see it. I've read and reread all the chapters with Sasuke and Sakura in it and while I agreed she does care for Sasuke, what does she see in the guy that makes her so devoted to him? I cannot figure it out. If it's not "oh this guy's a hunk!" then what? He's not friendly, not social, not someone to confide it, what is it that makes Sasuke so appealing to girls if it's not just "oh he's a hunk!" someone please tell me, because I cannot figure it out, no matter how many times I read this manga. All I get from it, is Sasuke is popular because he's a good looking, lone wolf, bad boy, emo that girls drool over. If there is more to it then that, someone please tell me. I need to know!

Agility
26th May 2013, 1:49 AM
Sakura was the one who saw his pain the most. Naruto was oblivious, and Kakashi knew, yet I don't think he did.. enough, I guess? Sakura was there for him through the curse mark ordeal, she was both the one who saw him receive it, and saw him consumed by it. Sasuke expressed his pain and loss to her more than once about his family. I don't know, I just feel he confided more things about himself to her than to his other teammates. Sakura came to understand him on a deeper level than the exterior, which Ino and Karin can't really begin to say. She wanted to help him, both as a friend and obviously as something more.

That's why she spent time with him in the hospital before he left. She didn't want him to be lonely, and she said herself she knew he was going down a dark path the night he left. You can literally see her feelings for him evolve past thinking he simply looks good. She genuinely cared and wanted to help him through his pain and loneliness.

That's just how I look at it anyway. ^^

Shneak
26th May 2013, 3:19 AM

Naruto Part III confirmed.

TsukiMirage
26th May 2013, 7:06 AM
Naruto wants to change the system to. He wants world peace now. Even before that he told Neji when he became Hokage he would change the future of the Hyugas. Neji's dead now, true, but that doesn't make Naruto's words any weaker then Sasuke's. I really don't care if the dead Hokage support Sasuke in his choice to be Hokage. At the end of the day they go back to being dead and don't have to put up with Hokage Sasuke, so really is their vote all that important? The only thing Naruto seems to lack to be Hokage is leadership skills, if there is anything else he lacks please point it out, but Sasuke is no better. He'll kill his teammate if it suits his personal goal. Neither are suited to be a Hokage at the current moment, but Naruto is in a far better light then Sasuke. It feels like Kishi doesn't even know where to go with Sasuke anymore. So many things about Naruto vs Sasuke has changed to the point where I don't even believe they'll fight over the Hokage title, because odds are Sasuke will have another desire 20 chapters from now. I'll laugh if all this is all part of the dream jutsu thing. Sasuke as Hokage. What a kick in the balls to Naruto's entire run as a character that would be if that actually happened. Bring peace has nothing to do with the ninja system, or more correctly is the opposite of it. The two can't really coexist, since the entire ninja system is fueled by war and conflict.

Of course the Hokages' vote is important. They are not only the most beloved people, but the most respected. Their opinion would greatly matter. As for what Naruto lacks, he also lacks the ability to make a hard or rational decision, or the ability to think tactically. Being willing to sacrifice others to achieve a goal is something a Hokage must do, as they regularly send people to their deaths. Not that it matters through, because Sasuke only did that once, while he also was willing to give his life for them too. It's not that much of a kick, Naruto's whole reason for wanting to be Hokage was acknowledgement and he now has that in spades. Plus, Naruto is similar to Jiraiya, more fitting as a wanderer.

Shadow Lucario
26th May 2013, 8:06 AM
Sakura's feelings extended past "oh this guy's a hunk!" that is what their early relationship was, but can you or anyone please tell me what their relationship is? I just don't see it. I've read and reread all the chapters with Sasuke and Sakura in it and while I agreed she does care for Sasuke, what does she see in the guy that makes her so devoted to him? I cannot figure it out. If it's not "oh this guy's a hunk!" then what? He's not friendly, not social, not someone to confide it, what is it that makes Sasuke so appealing to girls if it's not just "oh he's a hunk!" someone please tell me, because I cannot figure it out, no matter how many times I read this manga. All I get from it, is Sasuke is popular because he's a good looking, lone wolf, bad boy, emo that girls drool over. If there is more to it then that, someone please tell me. I need to know!

I have no idea either. Aside from the fact that he's strong I can't think of why girls swoon over him. Agility described why Sakura does pretty well, but other than her I cannot begin to tell you why. For Karin I think it was her brief experience in the Forest of Death with him that made her like him. The Mizukage even said he was a handsome man, but I think it stops there with most people.

Rowdy
26th May 2013, 12:09 PM
I doubt we'll ever really know what truly drives Sakura's feelings for Sasuke as Kishi likely feels there's no need to explain it, or doing so would just be a waste of panel time.

But maybe its about thoughts, feelings, and actions with her. She was willing to abandon family and village for him, she couldn't bring herself to kill him even though she resolved to do so, and Sasuke was her only thought when her would be pursuer wished her luck in her future love life.

And on the matter of the NaruSaku hint in 631. Odds are Kishi did it only as a call back to the series early days (the chapter was even called Team 7 and was about them coming together again) but it otherwise won't ultimately effect the pairing path Kishi's been building towards as of late.

Platinum fan.
26th May 2013, 2:24 PM
Bring peace has nothing to do with the ninja system, or more correctly is the opposite of it. The two can't really coexist, since the entire ninja system is fueled by war and conflict.

Of course the Hokages' vote is important. They are not only the most beloved people, but the most respected. Their opinion would greatly matter. As for what Naruto lacks, he also lacks the ability to make a hard or rational decision, or the ability to think tactically. Being willing to sacrifice others to achieve a goal is something a Hokage must do, as they regularly send people to their deaths. Not that it matters through, because Sasuke only did that once, while he also was willing to give his life for them too. It's not that much of a kick, Naruto's whole reason for wanting to be Hokage was acknowledgement and he now has that in spades. Plus, Naruto is similar to Jiraiya, more fitting as a wanderer.

If Naruto's peace mission is a success then the other nations will stop fighting among themselves and be real allies. That would be a global acknowledgement on Naruto's part. Of course outsiders don't get votes. Just because Naruto has some things similar to Jiraiya doesn't mean he's more fit as a wanderer. Wanderer is a stupid excuse so main characters don't reach their goals. Naruto the wanderer. Naruto's alliance is with Konoha, he wouldn't leave it to go wandering, even after getting acknowledgement he still wants to be Hokage. And he's more dedicated to Konoha and it's citzens then Sasuke has ever been, so far. The only good thing that would come from Sasuke as Hokage is it would create a corrupt Hokage storyline and there is sure to be a rebellion that would make for a interesting storyline in the series. Other then that, what does Sasuke as Hokage teach everyone in Konoha? If you go rogue swear to kill everyone in the village and come back saying you've changed you can become Hokage? This has got to be one of the most forced points in the Naruto series. I'll say this, if Sasuke does become Hokage, I won't complain, but it shows just how weak Konoha really is. From what has been done so far, Sasuke is not even in Naruto's league in terms of being a future Hokage.

To Agility, what you said about Sasuke and Sakura's relationship, actually it does make sense when said like that. I still don't like Sakura's obsession with Sasuke and I never will, but at least it's looking less shallow in that light.

Agility
26th May 2013, 6:29 PM
I don't particularly like how she's been written to have an obsession.. but her feelings are certainly more justified and believable than all the other females.

JD
26th May 2013, 7:25 PM
I do wonder what Sakura's power up is going to be..could it be Slug Mode?

Lorde
26th May 2013, 8:27 PM

Being the damsel in distress probably. I can't take Kishi seriously because he's trolled Sakura way too often. She hasn't done anything useful since her fight with Sasori imo, unless you count healing as a useful skill even though we have plenty of medical ninja in Part 2. I'm still holding hope for Tsunade to arrive and for her to use Slug Mode.

TsukiMirage
26th May 2013, 11:55 PM
If Naruto's peace mission is a success then the other nations will stop fighting among themselves and be real allies. That would be a global acknowledgement on Naruto's part. Of course outsiders don't get votes. Just because Naruto has some things similar to Jiraiya doesn't mean he's more fit as a wanderer. Wanderer is a stupid excuse so main characters don't reach their goals. Naruto the wanderer. Naruto's alliance is with Konoha, he wouldn't leave it to go wandering, even after getting acknowledgement he still wants to be Hokage. And he's more dedicated to Konoha and it's citzens then Sasuke has ever been, so far. The only good thing that would come from Sasuke as Hokage is it would create a corrupt Hokage storyline and there is sure to be a rebellion that would make for a interesting storyline in the series. Other then that, what does Sasuke as Hokage teach everyone in Konoha? If you go rogue swear to kill everyone in the village and come back saying you've changed you can become Hokage? This has got to be one of the most forced points in the Naruto series. I'll say this, if Sasuke does become Hokage, I won't complain, but it shows just how weak Konoha really is. From what has been done so far, Sasuke is not even in Naruto's league in terms of being a future Hokage. If Naruto's peace mission is successful, then that would mean the end of the village system, and make there no need or reason for the Hokage position.

It's not juts because they have things in similar, it's also due to their personalities being similar too. Naruto wandering around and spreading peaces makes much more sense then being confined to a single place in a position that forces him to favor one group over any others. And this was the first time Naruto has mentioned his goal of being Hokage in a long time. Why would Sasuke becoming Hokage somehow create a corrupt Hokage storyline when that would go against the entire point of his character arc? Aside from the fact that the majority of people have no idea what his goal had been, the main theme of the series has always been forgiveness. we've literally seen everyone was willing to forgive the people who murdered friends and family, there's no reason they wouldn't forgive Sasuke who has done much less.

Platinum fan.
27th May 2013, 12:32 AM
If Naruto's peace mission is successful, then that would mean the end of the village system, and make there no need or reason for the Hokage position.

It's not juts because they have things in similar, it's also due to their personalities being similar too. Naruto wandering around and spreading peaces makes much more sense then being confined to a single place in a position that forces him to favor one group over any others. And this was the first time Naruto has mentioned his goal of being Hokage in a long time. Why would Sasuke becoming Hokage somehow create a corrupt Hokage storyline when that would go against the entire point of his character arc? Aside from the fact that the majority of people have no idea what his goal had been, the main theme of the series has always been forgiveness. we've literally seen everyone was willing to forgive the people who murdered friends and family, there's no reason they wouldn't forgive Sasuke who has done much less.

I probably didn't make myself clear on the corrupt Hokage thing. I want a storyline like that, but I don't think it will happen, not at all. And while this series is heavy on forgiveness, I doubt they would forgive someone enough to the point he becomes their village leader. Again this feels forced. So now Sasuke wants to take Naruto's dream from him? It's like kicking Naruto in the balls. I know he's not trying to do that on purpose, but after all the crap Naruto went through to try and "save" Sasuke, taking a brutal beating from Karui, begging Raikage to spare Sasuke, it just feels like putting salt into the wound. I'm all for Sasuke turning over a new leaf, it's what I've been waiting for, but he in no way deserves the rank Hokage before Naruto. When Naruto steps down from Hokage and he wants to give the title to Sasuke, then fine, but Naruto should have everyone in the villages support over Sasuke. But I guess we'll see what happens in the future chapters. I'm glad Sasuke's on the good side again, don't get me wrong, I just don't think he's worthy of the Hokage title.

Locormus
27th May 2013, 2:27 AM
Ahhh.. It's been a while since I witnessed a good s.storm pass me by. :)

Always feels incredible to see a chapter cause this much commotion. But Kishi did pull open all the troll-registers he had available:
- Four Kages with sudden HAX-powers, Kyuubi Cloak Minato? The Eff? That alone is enough for a minor s.storm, but paired with:
- Naruto saying that Sakura is his girlfriend (sorta), annoying all NaruxHina'ters out there
- Sasuke with ROFL new goals of becoming Hokage and not giving a crap about opinions of others: Future Dictator in the making! :D
- Sakura of all things posing as if she's useful and relevant
- Madara having killer interaction with Hashirama which lead absolutely nowhere
- Naruto, Sakura and Ino having absolutely no problem with Sasuke being back... Rejoicing that they're holy Team 7 is reunited (while Kakashi is still mindtrapped with his former teammate/gone rogue/mentally cookoo.. o.0

Good lord.. How the heck is Kishi going to juggle this before it all implodes in a big mess of googoodolls-comeback? No seriously, this chapter had a 'wow'-factor [emphasis on 'A'], but that immediately gave way when the storm arose. So the bigger problem will be handled in the upcoming week. There's only so much you can do with so many top characters being present without things seeming incredibly forced and lame (cough*team 7 reunited pose*cough*4Kage level are needed for this red boundary crap-jutsu*cough)

o.o

Shadow Lucario
27th May 2013, 3:30 AM
I can't picture Sasuke as Hokage. When I think of the role, Sasuke just doesn't come to mind. If either him or Naruto become Hokage soon, then Minato has to give up his seat as the youngest person to reach the title. I would love to see Kishi troll and have Kakashi become Hokage like he was supposed to.

TsukiMirage
28th May 2013, 5:10 AM
I probably didn't make myself clear on the corrupt Hokage thing. I want a storyline like that, but I don't think it will happen, not at all. And while this series is heavy on forgiveness, I doubt they would forgive someone enough to the point he becomes their village leader. Again this feels forced. So now Sasuke wants to take Naruto's dream from him? It's like kicking Naruto in the balls. I know he's not trying to do that on purpose, but after all the crap Naruto went through to try and "save" Sasuke, taking a brutal beating from Karui, begging Raikage to spare Sasuke, it just feels like putting salt into the wound. I'm all for Sasuke turning over a new leaf, it's what I've been waiting for, but he in no way deserves the rank Hokage before Naruto. When Naruto steps down from Hokage and he wants to give the title to Sasuke, then fine, but Naruto should have everyone in the villages support over Sasuke. But I guess we'll see what happens in the future chapters. I'm glad Sasuke's on the good side again, don't get me wrong, I just don't think he's worthy of the Hokage title. Even so, such a storyline wouldn't fit at all. It actually makes good sense, because as we were just shown, everything fell apart when Madara lost out on becoming Hokage. Given the going theme of Naruto succeeding where his predecessors failed, an Uchiha actually becoming Hokage would be him succeeding where Hashirama failed. People keep mentioning that it was Naruto's dream and forgetting that Naruto never wanted to be Hokage to be "the Hokage, commander and leader of the village". Naruto only wanted it so he would be acknowledged. And now, Naruto has gotten that, not just from the entire village, but from all the nations. His reasons for wanting it is basically gone now. So him forfeiting it to Sasuke in no way affects his dream, since he has already succeed and gotten what he had always desired. There's a reason he hadn't mentioned that goal in such a long time.

I can't picture Sasuke as Hokage. When I think of the role, Sasuke just doesn't come to mind. If either him or Naruto become Hokage soon, then Minato has to give up his seat as the youngest person to reach the title. I would love to see Kishi troll and have Kakashi become Hokage like he was supposed to. Regardless of which becomes Hokage, I doubt they'll become it so soon, since we already saw that at the current time Naruto didn't even get his name in. I'm sure the eventual Hokage will be chosen sometime down the line, after a decade or so.

gohan5
28th May 2013, 6:49 AM
Even so, such a storyline wouldn't fit at all. It actually makes good sense, because as we were just shown, everything fell apart when Madara lost out on becoming Hokage. Given the going theme of Naruto succeeding where his predecessors failed, an Uchiha actually becoming Hokage would be him succeeding where Hashirama failed. People keep mentioning that it was Naruto's dream and forgetting that Naruto never wanted to be Hokage to be "the Hokage, commander and leader of the village". Naruto only wanted it so he would be acknowledged. And now, Naruto has gotten that, not just from the entire village, but from all the nations. His reasons for wanting it is basically gone now. So him forfeiting it to Sasuke in no way affects his dream, since he has already succeed and gotten what he had always desired. There's a reason he hadn't mentioned that goal in such a long time.

But that's the thing, Naruto (though heavily influenced by Itachi) is the one that's succeeding where Hashirama (and to a lesser extent, Nagato and Jiraiya) failed. Sure, Naruto wanted to be Hokage to be acknowledged at first, that was his childhood dream. But by the time Tsunade came around he quickly grew from wanting everyone's admiration to wanting to become Hokage so that he could protect those he felt precious to him. From then on he wasn't driven by that simple childhood dream but the mission to protect those he had gained respect and acknowledgement from. His whole mantra after Sasuke defected was that he didn't deserve to be Hokage if he couldn't protect one of his friends, so you can clearly see he's not in it for petty reasons like his childhood vision anymore. He gained the acknowledgment of the villagers after he defeated Pain, but that didn't stop him from wanting to become Hokage, because that was no longer his reason for wanting the title, and hadn't been for a long time. The reason he hasn't mentioned it since what, his talk with his mother (which I don't consider that long) is because he's not a little kid that feels he has to express it every damn chance he gets. Oh and I'm sure he's mentioned it to Obito during the fight, so yeah not even that long ago.

Locormus
28th May 2013, 12:28 PM

Lets see:
- Naruto: Blow
- Sasuke: Cut

The two things that Sakura can do are already taken.. Oh well, she can still punch, but that's about it.. I want to see those crazy taijutsu Doton-moves again xD

Platinum fan.
28th May 2013, 2:32 PM
Even so, such a storyline wouldn't fit at all. It actually makes good sense, because as we were just shown, everything fell apart when Madara lost out on becoming Hokage. Given the going theme of Naruto succeeding where his predecessors failed, an Uchiha actually becoming Hokage would be him succeeding where Hashirama failed. People keep mentioning that it was Naruto's dream and forgetting that Naruto never wanted to be Hokage to be "the Hokage, commander and leader of the village". Naruto only wanted it so he would be acknowledged. And now, Naruto has gotten that, not just from the entire village, but from all the nations. His reasons for wanting it is basically gone now. So him forfeiting it to Sasuke in no way affects his dream, since he has already succeed and gotten what he had always desired. There's a reason he hadn't mentioned that goal in such a long time.

Regardless of which becomes Hokage, I doubt they'll become it so soon, since we already saw that at the current time Naruto didn't even get his name in. I'm sure the eventual Hokage will be chosen sometime down the line, after a decade or so.

Naruto doesn't mention his goal that much because Sasuke's actions have put everyone on Team 7 on hold, as they spend nearly all of part 2 worrying about him, and taken unnecessary beatings for him. I have not seen any signs of Naruto not wanting to be Hokage anymore, just because he's not a immature brat screaming about it 24 hours a day doesn't mean he doesn't want it. Even if he doesn't bring it up, others around him do. Sakura, Kakashi, Gaara, Tsunade, Jirayia, and Sasuke all mention his Hokage dream in part 2. You're right there is a reason Naruto doesn't talk about it as much, because everyone knows it by now. Naruto's dream of being Hokage has not weakened if it had he wouldn't have told Sasuke that he was going to be Hokage right after Sasuke announces he wants to be Hokage.

Lorde
28th May 2013, 10:54 PM
I want to see those crazy taijutsu Doton-moves again xD

I don't think Sakura's special in that regard anymore since apparently everyone can manipulate the earth element. Besides, taijutsu seems pointless against Madara and the Juubi is currently unable to move thanks to the four Hokage. There's really not much for Sakura to do at the moment unless she knows sealing jutsu or something. Same goes for the other characters; unless someone has some super-special sealing technique, I don't see how they'll defeat Madara.

TsukiMirage
28th May 2013, 11:55 PM
But that's the thing, Naruto (though heavily influenced by Itachi) is the one that's succeeding where Hashirama (and to a lesser extent, Nagato and Jiraiya) failed. Sure, Naruto wanted to be Hokage to be acknowledged at first, that was his childhood dream. But by the time Tsunade came around he quickly grew from wanting everyone's admiration to wanting to become Hokage so that he could protect those he felt precious to him. From then on he wasn't driven by that simple childhood dream but the mission to protect those he had gained respect and acknowledgement from. His whole mantra after Sasuke defected was that he didn't deserve to be Hokage if he couldn't protect one of his friends, so you can clearly see he's not in it for petty reasons like his childhood vision anymore. He gained the acknowledgment of the villagers after he defeated Pain, but that didn't stop him from wanting to become Hokage, because that was no longer his reason for wanting the title, and hadn't been for a long time. The reason he hasn't mentioned it since what, his talk with his mother (which I don't consider that long) is because he's not a little kid that feels he has to express it every damn chance he gets. Oh and I'm sure he's mentioned it to Obito during the fight, so yeah not even that long ago. And Hashirama's failure wasn't not becoming Hokage, it was not being able to have Madara as Hokage. That's his only failure, so for Naruto to succeed him would be there. Anyway, his childhood dream can be said to be the driving factor. He's both gained respect and protected those people without having to achieve it. It's not a requirement for him to succeed at either of those goals. On the otherhand, actually changing the system would require that sort of achievement to succeed.

Also, I would consider a hundred and some chapters long. And Obito was the one who mentioned it, not Naruto, "offering" to make Naruto one in the dream world.

Naruto doesn't mention his goal that much because Sasuke's actions have put everyone on Team 7 on hold, as they spend nearly all of part 2 worrying about him, and taken unnecessary beatings for him. I have not seen any signs of Naruto not wanting to be Hokage anymore, just because he's not a immature brat screaming about it 24 hours a day doesn't mean he doesn't want it. Even if he doesn't bring it up, others around him do. Sakura, Kakashi, Gaara, Tsunade, Jirayia, and Sasuke all mention his Hokage dream in part 2. You're right there is a reason Naruto doesn't talk about it as much, because everyone knows it by now. Naruto's dream of being Hokage has not weakened if it had he wouldn't have told Sasuke that he was going to be Hokage right after Sasuke announces he wants to be Hokage. Them mentioning it was his dream doesn't equal them wanting him to be Hokage. Now Kakashi himself did say something to that regard, but acknowledged with Tsunade and Jiraiya that he had a long way to go. And I wouldn't consider playful banter as a definitive answer.